[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 59

File: HHGmap.jpg (16KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
HHGmap.jpg
16KB, 241x250px
Rolled 2 (1d26)

Attack Pattern Glastonbury edition
Actual model posting subedition

Last thread the DarkMech and the Reductor competed for new toys and the XVIth got themselves a new Praetor. The Word Bearers argued over alignments and the Primarchs went to Animu Night. Treides designed yet more weird creatures and the Legion War Crimes Tourney was arranged. Anons debated 8e some more and the SoS beat up some poor bobby who was just helping a disabled Legionnaire across the street. All this and more in the last thread >>54462505

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
File: SoS_3.jpg (121KB, 650x357px) Image search: [Google]
SoS_3.jpg
121KB, 650x357px
First for big sisters
>>
>>54518963
Oh, nice.
Alternate summary
Revenant Edition
War Crimes sub-edition
Among the ashes of the general the WB prowl once more, posting cool pics and pursuing god-aligned Vorbaccs. They're trying to use the Forgeworld's Tarot to contact Bligh's ghost. Destroyers and Mechanicum gather before Angelos' potato face and discuss the real reason on how 8E killed the world...and how it could save it. Anons take the Nails to rid themselves of the pain. We don't know what'll hapen with 30k, but the general...the general is forever.
>>
>>54518661
Damage. A lascannon does D6 and has a lower AP than an autocannon, enabling one to do more damage more assuredly than an autocannon or two. When a model can have a dozen or two wounds, it makes weapons with lots of Damage useful. Also, nice to see lascannons and meltas have an effect on more than just T4 multi-wound models.
>>
>>54518963
Is there a non-ant version of that pic?
>>
>>54518985
BOG
>>
File: Sister_of_Silence.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sister_of_Silence.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>54518985
Yum
>>
>>54519120
I think most people like weapons not being suddenly completely useless when shooting at something outside their preferred target, like autocannons or lightning claws. That's the best part of 8E, instead of AP2 or gtfo.
>>
Dead thread
>>
>>54519655
I do too. Just saying those lascannons and meltas still have a place.

Shame reaper autocannons don't get Dmg. 2 like regular ones. 4 shots with 2 wounds each would have been nasty.
>>
File: 1489764086661.jpg (777KB, 630x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1489764086661.jpg
777KB, 630x1035px
>>54518985
I wish bolter sisters were actually viable. Or bolters, for that matter. They just don't cut it against armoured enemies. Hell, are even Kraken bolts good enough?
>>
File: FalseGodsbyPhilipSibbering.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FalseGodsbyPhilipSibbering.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
Back in the heresy everybody had mean knives and swords. I'd think the most fitting sword for them would be the gladius, simply because legionnaires.
EVEN THOUGH the gladius was actually meant to be used alongside a shield, which many marines don't use, especially line soldiers.
Power gladii, instead of the broadswords seen in 40k.
>>
>>54519783
They are good for a nuncio vox bubble wrap. Infiltrate them and deepstrike Custodes.
>>
>>54519783
>Hell, are even Kraken bolts good enough?
They're better because 30" but AP4 isn't much of a bonus when marines are the common foe.
>>
>>54519718
Every thread edition should just be called Ferrus from now on.
>>
>>54520413
I don't really want a higher death rate; it'd be too unrealistic.
>>
>>54519287
>what is reverse image search

>>54520462
>giving Ferrus a meme haircut
It's worse than his Chemosian one.
>>
>>54520937
You get a high death rate regardless, your battlefields are just filled with Medusas and Phosphex instead of Bolters
>>
>>54521067
I'd rather those were toned down rather than bolters buffed.

You win battles by getting the other side to run away.
>>
>>54521727
>You win battles by getting the other side to run away.
And this is why the HH saw the invention of Commissars.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_142814.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_142814.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
Word Bearer poster reporting for duty!
>>
>>54522091
I think they look good, but you need to clean your lens and shine more light on your dudes!
>>
>>54522334
Yes, it was a quick set up and the pics where taken with the phone. Thanks!
>>
I can't decide if I like the new Sicaran variants or not. Heck, I'm not even sure I like the normal Sicaran's looks over the Deimos-pattern Predator. Some days I do. As a WS player I'm trying to convince myself that I want a whole bunch of Sicaran variants now that they cover a lot of bases.

Oddly enough, I never realized that the original tank's turret was a dome. The weapons and other additions fooled me into thinking it was square, and I liked it better that way.
>>
>>54520462
Ferrus Edition, you say?
>>
>>54520953
A thing that gets me the original pic

>>54524368
When did "hands" become "entire arm, and some shoulder"?
>>
>>54524416
>A thing that gets me the original pic
Is this your first time on the internet?

>reverse image search
>click more sizes
>look at the 14th result
>>
File: AssMarines.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
AssMarines.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
See if you can guess which one spent some time with the Emperor's Children.
>>
>>54523497
Hey what the hell, it's a dome too.
>>
>>54526038
All four are faggots :^)
>>
>>54521727
I don't have it on me, but the section where a marine spends an entire page describing 30 seconds on Istvaan or however long is my favorite example of marine on marine combat. It would be like watching two supercomputers playing Go--they complete 10 matches before you blink and every time they're decided by errors so small you can't even notice them for a while. Can we stop for a second and appreciate the Imperial army officers that had to put up with that shit?
>>
File: Istvaan V raven.png (1MB, 644x864px) Image search: [Google]
Istvaan V raven.png
1MB, 644x864px
>>54527205
The same way WW2 was a level of carnage not seen before, so was the Heresy the new level of butchery, even more than the Great Crusade that had preceeded it.
>>
>>54528723
Noice writing.
>>
>>54524368
>I didn't ask for this.
>>
>>54526038
They look lovely, as in screaming maniac insane axecrazy lovely.
>>
File: IMG_3372.jpg (1MB, 2235x2654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3372.jpg
1MB, 2235x2654px
Just quickly built my Telemon Dread. This fucker is huge.
>>
>>54530369
How does it compare to Knights and such, given it costs almost as much as one? Normally I dislike the Custodes aesthetic, but that legitimately looks fucking cool.
>>
>>54522091
Really like the tabard on the second lightning claw guy.
>>
>>54532745
The Telemon is nice in that it somewhat covers a niche that Custodes generally struggle with, anti-infantry. Trouble is, it does so at an exorbitant price tag and it's not really capable of handling huge hordes, even with two arachnus.
On the upside, it is quite flexible with in whatever it wants to engage.

What I really want is a guardian spear variant with a built-in flamer instead of a shitty melta-type gun.
That way I might actually *want* to field Guardians.
>>
File: Wasted promise 1-4.png (3MB, 1264x974px) Image search: [Google]
Wasted promise 1-4.png
3MB, 1264x974px
I find loyalist legions boring. At least traitors have a before and after, even the ones that didn't really go chaos like the IW, while ones that dedicated themselves to a god got remade in their entirety.
Meanwhile, the IH are as cyborgy as they are in 40k, despite Ferrus being against cyberization. The UM are pretty much the same with less red helmets, despite the codex supposedly changing a lot of stuff. The DA still wear robes despite not being actual monks, and the BA are almost unchanged.
Booo.
>>
>>54533088
>I generalize one thing, but not another.
>I am baffled that the generalized thing appears more generalized than the other thing.
>>
>>54533088
- IW: Bitter siege fuckers before, bitter siege fuckers after
- WE: savage maniacs before, savage maniacs after
- WB: throngs of the faithful before, throngs of the faithful after (with a different focal point)
- DG: filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force before, filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force after
- AL: sneaky, tricksy bastards with no clear structure before, sneaky, tricksy bastards with no clear structure after
I could go on, but I'll stop here. Suffice to say, the only legion that really changed in any significant capacity were the SoH after Horus kicked the bucket.
>>
>>54533206
I think >>54533088 was talking about the visual aspect. Loyalists only change style after division into chapters and even then the first founding chapters retain pretty much the same style as their original legions.
>>
File: Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg (212KB, 1080x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg
212KB, 1080x1568px
>>54533206
>- DG: filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force before, filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force after
You're right, he totally looks like a plague marine!! :OOO
Pre-heresy DG have dirty white at worst, Nurglites are tentacle-filled, green, and so bloated even their damn armour is fat.
>>
>>54532921
I think it comes from the 40k chaos lord in terminator armour. I painted it as skin and then I used mephiston red very thinned for the chaos star
>>
>>54533489
I always wondered why Forge World did them so yellowy. That would scream "Trench warfare" to me, and that's more the Iron Warriors' thing even if the DG did dabble in it a bit.
>>
>>54523497
not only is it a dome, its a predator turret with more stuff tacted on.
>>
>>54518963
Angelus when
>>
File: Sanguinius diorama.jpg (129KB, 753x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius diorama.jpg
129KB, 753x1025px
>>54536402
i cri when angles deserv to die
>>
>>54533421
Then he wouldn't have complained about the DA because they changed their color scheme after the war. And then changed their 1st company scheme after Plainsworld.
>>
File: lheor_artwork.jpg (284KB, 450x695px) Image search: [Google]
lheor_artwork.jpg
284KB, 450x695px
Which enemies are good to shoot if you got a squad of heavy bolters?

Solar auxilia, militia, thralls, recon scouts and so on are the things I can remember off my head. Which other units have a 4+ save in 30k?
>>
>>54537547
Thallax, Ursarax, Scyllax if anyone is idiotic enough to take the latter, Vorax automata too but T6 might be irritating to wound reliably with S5. Still a worthwhile target in the absence of others.
>>
>>54537622
So, mostly non-marine minorities.
>>
File: Molecular Acid.jpg (252KB, 1600x656px) Image search: [Google]
Molecular Acid.jpg
252KB, 1600x656px
>>54537547
>Which enemies are good to shoot if you got a squad of heavy bolters?
Terminators.
>>
>>54533088
FW missed an opportunity to have some of the loyalists change significantly through the Heresy. Though not all - the DA are very different, and the SW, and I suppose the Isstvan V loyalists changed too but at the very start of it all. It makes sense that after Isstvan they'd start acting more like they do in M41 due to their reduced size.

BA are the biggest disappointment. They could have been written as being very different before losing Sanguinius... but no, they're already just like their 40k counterparts.

In the novels you see the WS change from happy-go-lucky to world-weary, but that isn't something that you can see in the models or in how they play.

The IF don't change either, except that they had different mentalities in the legion that later broke off into their own 2nd-founding chapters. That's fine, they were never really fleshed out in 40k anyway.
>>
>>54537786
What do you expect? If any Marine unit save snipers lacked a 3+ or better save the Marine players would cry about them being too fragile and poor value.
>*Secutarii Intensifies*
>>
>>54537814
;__; gib gud heavy bolters.
>>
File: darkangelFW.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
darkangelFW.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
>>54537814
wtf I want to build a DA squad
>>
>>54518963
Is it fluffy if I have a few box dreads to support my white scars biker army? I've read conflicting things and am not sure what to believe.
>>
>>54538009

Look at those ridiculously weeny legs
>>
>>54537824
The DA are different? How? Deathwing are Ravenwing are there, we're to assume the Consecrators (who even kept the same armour and colour scheme of the old legion) have the Dreadwing's weapons of mass destruction locked in a vault, and depictions of 30k angels are still wearing those damned hoods! Despite the notion of marines as warrior monks wouldn't come in millennia, since the Emperor was not seen as a god back then and fortress-monasteries were simply fortresses, since the legions were fleet based with an honour guard left at home.
And the Wolves are "different" in the way they're not "retarded furries" as their 40k incarnation.
RG, Sallies and IH have been the same since day one, the same for all other loyalists. Even the Fists didn't change, they just got placed on different chapters.
>>
File: Legionary_Hruga_II.png (586KB, 538x832px) Image search: [Google]
Legionary_Hruga_II.png
586KB, 538x832px
>>54538103
>Consecrators
>Dreadwing
Consecrators badge is the Firewing. If anything, Star Phantoms have the badge similar to the Dreadwing, yet none of the toys, though the disregard for collateral is there.

The Wolves are very different from their M32 onwards incarnation, if we go by both FW and BL.
>>
>>54537824
>>54538103
The sallys do kind of change, they were a little bit mystical before the heresy but it really exploded in parts of the legion (see the whole ebon drake storyline) as the heresy went on. These changes during the war set up the chapter's mindset in 40k, which very much believes in prophecy and whatnot around the return of vulkan.
>>
Given the difference between 8th and current HH stuff, is it possible to make an army that is compatible and maybe even effective in both systems? I planned on using HH models for my Chaos Marines painted as Sons of Horus with some Luna Wolf white armour for veterans and termies, wanted to know if I could port it over once it's done.
>>
>>54539410
Same dilemma as you, trying to make LW force for both 8th and HH, but I would say in the grand scheme yes. As of right now, I feel it would be easier to convert a 30k army to a regular space marine army due to things like Cataphractti and tartaros having specific rules (Cataphractti have a 3++ without a storm shield but move 4" and advance half, tartaros move the full 6") and forgeworld did update their books for 8th so a lot of heresy era vehicles are usable to, just considered relics.

Chaos hasn't gotten as much if I'm not mistaken so you would have a lot of count as with your units... Basically the question is how daemonic are you trying to go?
>>
>>54540091
Didn't plan on many daemons or chaos units, if any. Possibly some if I combine them with my Renegades, but I'm not sure
>>
>>54540342
>If any
Guess it kinda comes down to if your army is taking some sort of fluff route in 8th. Depending on what renegade things you have you could always use imperial guard rules (not that there is a big difference minus chaos things)

Sort of wondering though, what - if you have one yet - is your armies theme supposed to be for the 30k version?
>>
>>54538742
But didn't Vulkan set the prophecy for his return himself? And the Ebon Drake was one mistaken dude. Never got too much out of it.
It is strange that single chapter has a rite of war dedicated to them. Maybe it was because by that time the legion got so small.
>>
>>54538103
We don't know much about them yet in 30k, but the focus on Unification-era tech is great, and it ties into the 40k DA's love of plasma while still being different and unique among the legions. If Angelus plays up the Destroyer stuff, that'll be great - especially if it sounds like the whole legion had a little bit of the character that goes into Destroyers.

I assume the hoods are a Calibanite affectation. It could be interesting if the Calibanites, despite (allegedly) losing, had a greater influence on the post-Heresy DA than the Terrans did. It adds to the theory that Luther's DA won and pretended to have been the Lion's troops after Imperial backup arrived.
>>
File: V O I D W O L F.jpg (22KB, 272x270px) Image search: [Google]
V O I D W O L F.jpg
22KB, 272x270px
>>54538223
Yeah, those guys. It doesn't help nobody knows what the Firewing's job is about.
And, like I said, the Wolves are different in the way they don't stick wolf tails everywhere, instead being knotfags in 30k.
Huh, maybe knot so different after all :^)
>>
>>54530369
>obligatory skipped leg day joke

So I'm guessing this guy is forgeworld's nod to Saturnine termi armor, so we won't be seeing those. And in classic forgeworld style, it's a reboot needlessly twice the size. Just like the lancers.
>>
>>54538103
The SW in 40k are known for being one of the nicer chapters towards civilians, and they're absolutely not used against other Imperial forces. There's your character difference right there. They mellowed out.

They're visually different too, with all that knotwork and the darker color. You should be able to tell right away that you're looking at a Heresy-era SW army.

>>54538034
Chogorians hate the thought of being interred in a Dreadnought. I would not use Dreads in a 40k WS army.

But in 30k, the legion has plenty of Terrans. A lot of them look racially similar to Chogorians, but they're from massive hives so they don't get claustrophobic. A brotherhood with a lot of Terrans would be more likely to inter their wounded in them. A Terran in a mostly-Chogorian legion might not be. Also, being Terran-heavy does not necessarily mean they would have tried to side with Horus and become sagyar mazan.

The bigger question is, how does your army work, fluffwise? A fully motorized army (bikes and Rhinos) moving long distances is not going to sit around and wait for dreadnoughts to catch up.
>>
>>54539410
The biggest issues are that chainswords are not the same as generic close combat weapons, and you'd better check the points values on combiweapons because their rules in 8th mean they should cost a lot more (I haven't seen what they cost).

Massed flamer dudes in a Rhino didn't work in 7th because the guys in the back couldn't shoot if they'd hit their squadmates, but in 8th that's okay. Heavy tactical support guys are more flexible in 8th.
>>
>>54542247
Combi plasma is 15, combi flamer is 11, combi melta is 17 or 18. And you can shoot it more than once and fire both barrels.

Imo combis are a steal in 8th ed.
>>
>>54542329
Yeah, those are reasonable prices. I think people will shy away from taking 10-man combimelta squads due the cost, but if you build one for 7th ed you can just run a smaller squad in 8th.
>>
>>54542081
Most of the Lion's troops during the battle were also Calibanite. The legion as a whole was largely Calibanite by the time of the Heresy and it's actually likely that Luther had a higher proportion of Terrans given Lion's apparent preference for relegating them to rear line roles in favor of his countrymen.
>>
>>54519952
The bolt pistols on that are so damn cute
>>
>kicked off the hhg discord again
but why tho
>>
>>54544363
Lol what did you do?
>>
>>54536402
When you stop asking about it
>>
>>54544382
i have no idea
it just disappeared from my bar, the only thing i did was ask dd where he got a book from
>>
>>54544401
its annoying though, i wasn't even told what i did wrong
>>
>>54544430
https://discord.gg/BHmZPH
>>
>>54544444
checked
also I'm apparently *banned*
i'm at a loss here boys
>>
>>54544459
So you got kicked out from both HH discords?
Holy shit you're a bigger menace than I am.
>>
>>54544459
like can someone at least find out why i was banned? this seems silly
>>
>>54544479
i left the tg one for my own reasons, and then saber invited me to hhg so i would have somewhere to post my shitty models
i honestly dont understand why i was banned from hhg, and im not banned from tg
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 450x87px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 450x87px
>>54544482
>>
>>54544551
i dont even know who that is, but ok.
cheers for the ride, some of you.
>>
>>54544459
Are you Fulgrm/Esdeathy? Or Eldrad?
>>
>>54544363
If you're 'toastie' it's because your under 18, and we use 4chan rules, if not then no idea
>>54544501
Why not post your models here in the general
>>
>>54544627
Toastie is over 18 though. Not by much though.

And his models are paper models and you'd all laugh at them.
>>
>>54544627
>under 18
also this
>>54544649
and also you're a nigger
:D
>>
>>54544649
He said he was like 16 some months ago, in which case he grows faster than fucking Vulken
>paper models
Not if they're good
>>
>>54544687
But yeah ignore this ever happened, we don't want drama to kill HHG for when Angelus finally comes out
>>
>>54544715
Angelus will not save us, it's at least a year away and even then there's hardly any chance we're going to get a scan given all the scanbros have departed.
>>
>>54544715
Drama already killed HHG
Oddly enough it didn't involve awg
>>
>>54544666
also
>leave one server because i disagreed with them making it 18+
>other server bans me for a being under 18, despite me being over 18
well
at least kat wasn't actually an arsehole tbf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>54518985
I hate the sisters of silence models, they look so awkwardly posed and proportioned. They're like rejected Dark Eldar models that got done Imperial bits and thrown in Prospero at the last minute.
>>
>>54544740
That's coz when he turns up in here he's absolute cancer for whatever reason and unites everyone active against him. Other stuff made this thread go to shit that's fuckall to do with namefag bullshit or even typical 4chinnery.
>>
>>54544972
no, you reacting is the cancer. AWG isn't even bad, you're just way too autistic to allow anything you don't agree with to exist in your little bubble, and shit up everything he's related to with whining and such.
>>
>>54545071
Dude when he turns up and the thread goes terminal, I close tab and fuck off. But you can fite me about something else if you like.
>>
>>54542155
If it wasn't for the shouler pauldrons he'd look pretty normal sized, honestly.

Also it's a nod to the Saturnine armor, but we've had actual armor confirmed months ago. This thing is Leviathan sized for a purpose too.
>>
>>54545143
ok

we need more imperial army vehicles and infantry in HH.
>>
>>54545183
sure
>>
>>54545230
>:|
what sort of vehicles would you want to see?
>>
>>54545253
Leman Russ tank spam with Ogryn support.
>>
>>54545253
I'm a sucker for old shit coming back or being reimagined. How'd you feel about Termites?
Be nice to give someone a fright by surfacing a Shai-Hulud class troop transport into their gunline.
>>
>>54545071
>isn't even bad
HOL UP
*posts power armour glued onto cataphracti legs*
YOU BE SAYIN
*updates neo pagan dating site status as single and ready to mingle*
I AM SO FINNA
*glues mk7 heads onto mk3 bodies and says Mars stole from his ironwolf wolves*
KANG OF DA GENERAL
>>
>>54545337
>says Mars stole from his ironwolf wolves
I know the rest but what?

>OKC is now a neo pagan dating site
>>
>>54545337
>>54545377
Did AWG post his dating profile or did he get doxxed?
>>
>>54545523
I'm like 90% sure he had the same name on both and was doxxed
>>
>>54545523
Someone found his OKC forever ago, it actually managed to be cringier than you'd guess.
>>
>>54545907
Yeah but hes the only one here with a gf
Can't have been as bad as the shoop
>>
>>54545310
Sorry about that, had an exam I had to run to. Yeah, I'm a sucker for old shit too - but I think it needs to be tempered with new stuff. Right now there's no transport vehicles apart from rhinos or gorgons, and they're not the most wide range.
>>
File: HH portraits.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
HH portraits.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
can anyone tell me what book this page is from? I like using the portraits as references for art and might buy a hard copy for myself
>>
File: IMG_3402.jpg (649KB, 2064x2114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3402.jpg
649KB, 2064x2114px
Working on my next Oblivion Knight Centura. Needs some cleanup work but I'm very happy with how she's coming out
>>
>>54542496
Curious. Traitors had to cull their Terrans, loyal the the Emperor. But some loyalists were shit to their Terrans, especially Corax and the Lion.
Poor Terrans, few actively liked them.
>>
>>54544740
No it didn't. We died of stagnation.
Oooh, you were talking about...."that" time. Yes, a dark thread that was. We lost so much. It wasn't the beginning of the end, but it certainly was a turning point.
>>54544715
>we don't want drama to kill HHG
That'd imply it still lives :^)
>>54544363
Saber is that you?
>>
>>54548143
What is this?! It looks so cool.
>>
>>54548733
no, its his cousin toast
did he get kicked off too?
>>
>>54521727
>>54527205
I can't remember what book it was from, but one of them talks about how Marine on Marine combat basically nullifies all their traditional advantages. Because matched against themselves all their tactics, technology, and other skills, are largely irrelevant, and the battles become brutal slogs of attrition where warriors hack at former comrades in a vengeful rage.
>>
>>54548683
Take it with a grain of salt, our only actual source for Lion not trusting the Terrans is Astelan, and he's generally portrayed as a self-aggrandizing prick.

Angelus can't come soon enough for some of us.
>>
>>54549051
I just want a proper legion culture for the blood angels.

And Sanguinius killing shit.
>>
>>54548885
Here>>54528723
>>
>>54549075
>tfw trying to paint my Dark Angels but not having the FW fluff makes it difficult.
Who uses checker patterns? Are helmet wings for Ravenwing only? How much does green fit intot heir paint job?

Angelus can't come soon enough, my guys look so bland.
>>
>>54550167
*muffled Chogorian sobbing*
>>
Since it seems like a lot of planets in the Imperium are desolate shitholes anyway, why are Space Marine assault forces not greeted with nuclear missiles and such? They seem to rather lack countermeasures, and since they did manage to gib Vulkan and most of the Salamanders with one at Istvaan they do work.
>>
>>54551708
Hive and forge worlds tend to be the shittiest places. You got paradise worlds which are, as the name suggests, very nice. Shrine worlds probably as well. Agri-worlds probably have a lot of vegetation and an environment to support them. Feudal, feral and some death worlds are probably quite untouched by man. Civilized worlds are a mixed bag.

Why not greet with nukes? What would be the point? Nukes are hardly the most destructive weapon and since Marines control the orbit, they can just nuke your nukes on the ground. Krieg went through 500 years of nuking and it just made them mad.
>>
>>54551708
>in-universe
They probably have anti-missile systems or air support that can shoot them down.

>real reason
So that burly men can hit other burly men with sharpened sticks.
>>
>>54551754
>What would be the point?
To get rid of the giant pile of Marines without having to fight them? They're plenty destructive enough for that, and you can actually have your nukes under Void Shields to keep them safe from bombardment.
>>
>>54553917
For one, Marines would probably drop right into your ranks, so you'd be tactically nuking your own troops and installations. You probably don't have your missiles armed and ready, let alone the exact coordinates of the Marines on hand, ready to go at a push of a button. Once you do, you have no idea if the Marines are still there. If you plan on nuking them from orbit, plasma torpedoes are basically nukes and they're standard ship to ship ordnance. You're likely not gonna do shit to a Marine fleet with your salvos. And if you got shields on your missile bases, the Marines should have no problems identifying your shields and teleporting some forces next to the shields, so the Marines can just march through and take out your missile bases.
>>
As much as I love some of the 8th edition rules, after looking over some of the updated costs, I'm sort of happy HH isn't going 8th just yet (if it ever does). Was looking at the changes to drop pods and they should make any drop pods style player really mad, assuming we get the same rules and stuff.
RIP SoH/LW Orbital Assault armies
>>
File: 20170727_191051.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_191051.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Is there any way to field jump pack space marine with power weapons ?
These were built with 40k in mind, but I don't have yet the magnets for them
>>
File: Sisters-of-Silence pistols.jpg (99KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters-of-Silence pistols.jpg
99KB, 1000x665px
>>54544922
That's their blankness messing with your mind.

Actually yeah, they're a bit odd and certainly too tall. They're even more awkward with the bolt pistol set.
>>
>>54555337
Assault squads get 1 power weapon per 5 dudes, plus the sergeant. Paint the leftovers as non-power weapons.

Command squad members can all take power weapons. To take jump packs, the praetor has to have one too.
>>
In the fluff are solar auxilia listed as using vehicles beyond arvus, leman russes, dracosans, artillery, and superheavies? I'm looking for a 30k equivalent of 40k's centaur or salamander
>>
>>54555337
Palatine blades can have charnabal sabres, power SWORDS or phoenix spears, and jump packs.
>>
>>54524686
omg
>>
>>54548356
Neat
>>
>>54555385
Power axes when?
>>
>>54555337
>Mk II jump packers
HNNNNNGGGGGG
>>
>>54556023
What's the matter ? Can't stand best armor and best jump pack ?
>>
I just got into 30k after not playing 40k for a few years, whats the best way for IW to deal with spartans? I was thinking of getting one of the forge world knights? I just dont know anything about buildibg space marine armies, I've always played xenos
>>
>>54556039
I can, it's glorious!
>>
>>54556067
Knights work, but the best one (the Atropos) isn't clear about whether it's allowed in a Legion list and FW doesn't issue FAQs.

IW always have a lot of heavy weaponry so if any legion can handle Spartans, it's them. Iron Havocs, artillery with the right ammunition, Vindicators, Predators or Sicaran Venators... you've got a lot of options.
>>
>>54556067
Ever played Eldar? Legions are kinda like that, except sturdier. Specialized units that need proper application, saturated with aggressive tanks and powerful transports.
As for dealing with spartans, killing them is always a chore, so spam arty to deal with it, just like IW deal with everything else.
>>
File: 1469765581833.gif (771KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469765581833.gif
771KB, 400x320px
>>54556353
I was thinking of getting the Lancer (because its the prettiest). I guess I can always proxy one of my havoc groups as las versions.

The only tanks I have are 2 medusas and a basalisk. I guess I just need to do more homework.

Hey if I wanted to get some admech beep-boops as an ally what would you guys recomend?
>>
>>54556750
>Admech beep-boops
Which do you want more of, beep or boop?
>>
>>54518963
ALPHARIUS

WEN
>>
>>54556750
Castellax are good, thralls are good for scoring.
>>
>>54524368
>Those transverse muscles

I have no head and I must scream
>>
>>54556985
After Sanguinius, Dorn, and Khan.

Heretic.
>>
>>54557724
):
>>
>>54556788
The MC ones, the beepiest of the boops
>>
>>54558014
Thanatars are nonsense, it's a S8 AP2 Large Blast at Barrage BS5, and forces enemy cover saves to be at -1 and reroll passes. Basically a Fuck That Squad button, and duct taped to a T8 2+ W4 body too, so not flimsy.

Castellax are meh, but have reasonable offense and are decently tough. Good Troops, but wouldn't really recommend them over more Marine toys though.

Vorax are battering rams, pure and simple. Outflanking them can be great fun, but they'll go on autopilot and shoot/charge the nearest unit, so you can't really tactics much with them if you do that. Drop 'em down and let 'em go.

Arlatax are peerless elite killers in melee, especially with the Rampage whip that's also Haywire. Comparatively flimsy for cost, but two of them make an excellent unit for mulching Spartans and such with 8 Haywire attacks on the charge, and can make a decent fist of fighting the transportees too. No model though, which is a royal pain in the ass.

Domitars SUCK, don't take them. A fully upgraded Castellax does their job better and for less, and even that is a rather poor plan.

Vulturax will OMGWTF any vehicle they get near, a maniple of two shoots 6 Haywire shots at BS5 and then 4 TL S5 blasts, on a hardy and nippy chassis. Really good against stuff like Spartanstars or other artillery and won't do a TERRIBLE job of bullying infantry afterwards.

All of the above should be paired with a Magos Dominus, preferrably with Machinator Array for T5, 3+ Boop Battlesmith and a Night Vision flamer and inferno pistol, that can all be shot at once or swapped out to cast Battlesmith and Cybertheurgy simultaneously. Best 25 points you can spend on a Magos IMO.
>>
>>54558368
Arlatax when?
>>
File: 99560108160_Vultaraxdrone04.jpg (51KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560108160_Vultaraxdrone04.jpg
51KB, 600x620px
>>54558368

The Cybertheurgy can stick a pretty buff on any boop of your choice, +2A, regen a wound, shoot twice at the cost of reloading through next turn (insane on Vulturax or a Thanatar) or even "Explode at S7 AP3 Large Blast, fucking over that Marine squad who thought they could CC the Castellax easily".
Magos can tuck himself into a unit of 20 Fearless thralls and tarpit stuff too, they're cheap and handy compulsory troops.

Sample allied det:

Magos Dominus w/ Machinator Array (100)

20 Adsecularis Thralls w/ Carapace Armour, Fearless (100)
Thanatar w/ Enhanced Targeting Array (265)

Total 465

Or you could swap the Thanatar for a Maniple of two Vulturax, for 175 points each, 350 for the unit and 550 for the total detachment, which is pretty much a "this vehicle is now dead" button each turn, and will probably oneshot a Spartan if one of them gets double-tapped by the Magos for 9 Haywire shots. I would probably go for that option for Iron Warriors, it's not like you need MORE artillery, the Vulturax look awesome and they provide some much-needed forward elements too. Fly forward, pop the Spartan, pound the wreckage with Havoc Launchers, peel away as the Legion Medusae blow the Numbered Mistake into bits of snowflake meat.

Look at this adorable face. You wouldn't want to make him sad by not bringing him to the sieges, would you anon?
>>
>>54556078
Mk II best jump marines, MK IV assault packs look like hot garbage.
>>
>>54556750
Medusas are popular to the point of being close to cheese. Basilisks are good, but are rare because everyone takes Medusas. I don't think you can take both at the same time.

IW get their own subtype of beep-boops, the Iron Circle. They're a variant of the Domitar, and the bad news is that both those are a little overcosted (but they don't require an allied detachment). Don't let that stop you; IW are one of the stronger legions so a less points-efficient choice won't kill you. If you do take allies, Castellax are pretty good, Ursurax are fine, Vulturax are OP, and Thanatars (not the Calix) are good but if you take multiples you'll get complaints.
>>
>>54559137
Are Mk IV jump packs the ones that aren't visible from the front?
>>
>>54559137
I like MkVI assault marines. It's sleek and aerodynamic.
>>
File: AssBlasters.jpg (36KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
AssBlasters.jpg
36KB, 600x620px
>>54559648
Yup, and the thruster is a big poop chute. Like they fart themselves into battle.

>>54559708
I'm not sure what those ones look like, do they look the Mk VII jump packs? Because those look alright.
>>
>>54548771
On the internet nobody knows you're a toast.
>>
>>54548733
>Oooh, you were talking about...."that" time. Yes, a dark thread that was. We lost so much. It wasn't the beginning of the end, but it certainly was a turning point.
What was this?
>>
>>54562588
We fully outlawed namefaggotry due to those events.
>>
>>54562753
Is there a link to this thread? I want to see for myself.
>>
>>54562753
>>54562753
That happened?
>>
>>54542140
>knot so different

Dohoho
>>
What's the next step after having learned to paint multiple thin layers with the right brush in the right areas? Basically I have a flat-looking model where each color is where it should be, inside the lines, and it's not too thick, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Refuse to do the resin stuff until I have a firm grip. Also I'll post my SOH scheme when I 100% a model, I managed to create a cool speckled gold effect by accident.
>>
>>54563010
Practice edge highlighting. You want thin crisp lines.
>>
>>54563010
Do you use a wash/shade?
>>
>>54562826
>>54562828
One dude offered to "help", the general refused, he didn't take a no for an answer. Cancer ensued. Namefaggotry was banned. Not that it mattered much: it was never really correct in the first place, and had been steadily in decline before that.
>>https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49890564/#q49899371
It was actually after this thread, but I'm not finding the link.
>>
>>54563367
I miss old /hhg/
>>
Has anybody had success in reeling back their meta from being too competitive? I kind of single-handedly ruined my local scene by spamming combi-weapon veterans too much with Sons of Horus and I've been trying to rehab things by playing friendlier lists. It's actually gone pretty well so far, the games I've played since making the change have been way more competitive and everyone seems to be having more fun.
>>
>>54537814

You call those heavy bolters?
>>
Hey, does any of this look familiar? I think we've been deserted. >>54563398
>>
>>54564597
Well, it's not like it's our fault all of HH is dead. That was GW with bringing out 8th
>>
>>54564732
Not to mention FW's lack of decisive action.
>>
>>54564763
Hopefully they get a bit more serious at this upcoming event.
>>
File: iron waifu.jpg (186KB, 1126x932px) Image search: [Google]
iron waifu.jpg
186KB, 1126x932px
>>54563666
Satan, I love shoulder fired weapons. But considering that stance decreases stability due to moving the center of mass upwards, and mortals only use that stance because we're not strong enough and have to use the shoulder to actually rest the weapon...
What I'm saying is, don't hip-firing heavy weapons make more sense for marines? Especially when considering the arms have built-in recoil compensators, which is also the reason why bolters don't actually need stocks.
Shoulder weapons still look cool, though.
>>
>>54564763
It boggles my mind how they didn't have either a conversion to 8th or a rapid re-release of 7th to make sure people could actually pick up the game.
>>
>>54564838
Depends on your environment. If you need to fire from cover, over the shoulder makes more sense as you can get more of the weapons operator behind cover.
If you are shooting on the move or need to prioritize mobility then yes hip firing works in the case of the marines.
>>
File: Leg-Mk3-melt2.jpg (85KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Leg-Mk3-melt2.jpg
85KB, 800x680px
>>54564913
>If you are shooting on the move or need to prioritize mobility then yes hip firing works in the case of the marines.
What would you say is the advantage of using infantry Heavy Weapon Support Squads (and Devastators and Havocs) over tanks, Quad HB rapiers and other tracked heavy weapon carriages?
>>
>>54564950
Razorbacks
>>
>>54564796
What upcoming event?
>>
>>54564981
August 13th, FW open day.
>>
>>54564950
Mobility and damage control. It's easier to move a squad of marines through a building than a tank and marines maneuver better. Also if a tank gets blown up just about all the guns are fucked and can't shoot. With a team using multiple heavy weapons you can have multiple independent units. Also you can disperse them to shoot from multiple angles rather than a fixed position.
>>
>>54564838
Hip firing for rapid firing/close range weapons, over the shoulder for long range/slower firing weapons.

Missile launchers, Lascannon, and Plasma Cannons look better over the shoulder, and Heavy Bolters/Flamers, Autocannon, and Multimeltas look better carried in the arms.
>>
File: flight of the einsestein.jpg (787KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
flight of the einsestein.jpg
787KB, 2560x1440px
Centurion suits are so named in honour of the old Space Marine Legion officers of the same name, echoing their might. But were they as mighty as they say?
I'm not talking about the legions as a whole, which had a different purpose in a different galaxy 10k years ago, but about the individual legionary. Some of them "manufactured" in a single year instead of trained for decades, and let's remember the whole Great Crusade lasted for about two centuries. The usual 40k marine is around that age or older.
Idk, this is a time of legend and of heroes walking alongside demigods, but sometimes you'd lose track of them amidst a sea of other 99999 ceramite-clad bodies. That usually doesn't sit well with conservation of ninjutsu.
>>
>>54564838
Mars Heavy Bolters and Kalibrax Autocannons look so much better than their Legion counterparts. The little babby bolter on top is so goofy.
>>
>>54564838

Don't the underslung ones need the grav suspensor thing to help them out if making them better? Seems like shoulder would compensate for that by offering more support for the weapon, although the rules do not reflect this.
>>
>>54565463
>Heavy Bolters and Multimeltas look better carried in the arms

I prefer the shoulder fired ones, but FW, for some reason, can't get off their asses and release a 5 gun pack of the Sol pattern heavy bolters.
>>
>>54560655
That's what the 1e Epic (aka. Horus Heresy) assault marines have. The Mark 7 Mars pattern jump pack. And what I gave my assault marines.
>>
>>54565591

I was always under the impression that a company of Marines from a 40k-era Chapter would handily beat a company of Legionnaires, barring any special characters and such things.

Though I'll give some special consideration that the Legionnaires might have some fancy tech the 40K Marines won't have access to.
>>
>>54565591
Delta Operatives saving some goat farmers in Bumfugistan doesn't feel the same as some infantryman with a rifle and a piece of plate steel on his head storming the shores of Fortress Europa.
>>
File: IMG-20170727-WA0004.jpg (582KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170727-WA0004.jpg
582KB, 3264x1836px
>>54558368
Cool review, about tank instead?
Medusa/bombard/krios/macrocarid/arvus lighter and triaros?

I really would like to listen some opinion to improve my tactics

Pic related,My mycrocarid ready to paint
>>
File: 20170727_064038.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_064038.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is a luna wolf sergeant say something nice about him
>>
>>54567747
Paint needs thinning.
>>
>>54567747
The legs and paintjob are triggering me.
But the scheme and the composition of the model, the IF bits, is ballsy so if the rest of your army has that much love put into maybe it's okay.
>>
>>54567747
Model composition is good, love the bits combination you've gone for and the paint scheme is good.

That being said your paints need thinning, I know white is hard, try looking up some of Duncans painting tutorials on warhammer tv.
>>
>>54567747
He has a very lovely snow texture camo thing going on. I personally keep my white paint like milk and thin coat it out twice, or more, depending on the primer. It's tempting to get it in one go, but white is a hard color for a reason, thinning it really makes it... thin.

Also add a ultra light line highlight on your power claws, don't have to do crackle or anything g fancey, but the tips for sure gotta have that power feild glow.
>>
>>54567747
Besides a bit of thinning I like him; I love the contrast between LW and SoH btw. I want to do my praetor up like this now
>>
>>54564597
If we needed any more proof this place is dead, it's this. Pack it up everyone, it's been fun.
>>
File: SoH Murder Truck.jpg (182KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
SoH Murder Truck.jpg
182KB, 2048x1152px
>>54568213
Its nearing dormancy, not dead Anon. Have faith

In other news almost got this derpy hunk of resin done; its a fucking beast in 8th ed!
>>
>>54568441
Painting looks neat and tidy but looks like it could use a wash/highlight. Might just be the camera but at the moment it looks a little dull.
>>
File: levicol2.png (3MB, 1363x1209px) Image search: [Google]
levicol2.png
3MB, 1363x1209px
Got around to painting the gun arms.
>>
>>54568773
Cute.
>>
>>54568773
Really nice job. I love the chipped ceramic look.
>>
>>54568773
Man, that top right image really reminds me of a fat kid at camp. I love Leviathans, and yours looks great, but the model itself can look a bit silly sometimes.
>>
>>54565591
I'm my opinion, 30k vs 40k Marines is a bit weird. They have the same augmentations (let's assume the same legion/chapter) but things like experience play a role in effectiveness. The catch is though, you had very different roles in war.

40k Marines are described as a surgical knife amongst the imperium military, a very good one, but still just a knife. They won't win wars (bar some fluff) without other chapters or Imperial forces

30k Marines are like modern us Marines but ramped way past 10. They're an all in one force designed to take over star systems and bring a galaxy under one rule. They're extreme shock troopers meant to take on unknown horrors of a galaxy being rediscovered.

And in a one on one, barring special characters, experience would be the deciding factor, but due to the possible experience gap, one could say a 40k Marines takes it. But in 40k, since the experience thing still applies, a vet vs a recruit would be an unfair fight still. If a 30k and a 40k marine had the same level of experience, it could go either way. (Although in a one on one, we know certain legions would have an advantage due to emphasized like/personal doctrine)
>>
File: BpQOt2iohXA.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
BpQOt2iohXA.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
>>54568773
needs more missiles
>>
If money and time wasn't an issue, how would your ideal HH themed board be?
>>
>>54563574
Kek, what exactly was your army build?
>>
File: 99560102114_Angron01.jpg (45KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560102114_Angron01.jpg
45KB, 600x620px
Best Primarch Model?
>>
>>54571545
horus without a doubt.
>>
File: Contemptors 4.jpg (444KB, 1102x1468px) Image search: [Google]
Contemptors 4.jpg
444KB, 1102x1468px
>>54563010
Post WIPs otherwise we're not really understanding you.

My guess is the next steps are washes and edge highlights. Next step after that: gradients leading up to those edge highlights.
>>
>>54564597
Flames of War has always had its own Scanon; I've been visiting /fowtg/ for 4 years and I don't think it's the same guy.
>>
does anyone have or know where i can find The Either audiobook?
>>
>>54571958
really wish I could find the epic HH guy, I really want some super heavies in that scale.
>>
so, what did the imperium call the Horus Heresy while it was going on? they obviously wouldn't call it a Heresy since it was a secular empire, but would they call it something as mundane as 'the civil war'? I mean, if you think about it, there must have been dozens of insurrections during the great crusade which lead to minor civil wars, calling the Horus Heresy something mundane would be pretty misleading
>>
File: 1500344320758.png (2MB, 863x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1500344320758.png
2MB, 863x1253px
Trying to make a EC list, please tear it to shreds.

3 000 Points Emperor’s Children, 3rd Company Elite ROW. “The Mourners.”

HQ:
Legion Centurion, Legion Delegatus Consul
- 65 points
Legion Centurion, Chaplain Consul, sonic shrieker
- 90 points

Elites:
Palatine Blades Squad, 10x Palatine Blade, 4x phoenix power spear (including 1 on the Prefector), 6x power sword, plasma pistol for the Prefector, sonic shriekers, jump packs
- 440 points
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Weapon Masters, 10x Veteran, 9x power weapon (2x axe, 3x maul/mace, 4x sword), phoenix power spear + artificer armour + melta bombs on Sergeant, sonic shriekers
- 300 points
Rhino, auxiliary drive, extra armour, multi-melta, hunter-killer missile
- 70 points
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad, Weapon Masters, 10x Veteran, 9x power weapon (2x axe, 3x maul/mace, 4x sword), phoenix power spear + artificer armour + melta bombs on Sergeant, sonic shriekers
- 300 points
- 70 points
Legion Mortis Dreadnought, two twin-linked lascannons
- 155 points

Troops:
Kakophoni, 10x Chora
- 245 points
Kakophoni, 10x Chora
- 245 points
Tactical Support Squad, 10x plasma gun, augury scanner on Sergeant
- 340 points
Tactical Support Squad, 5x volkite caliver
- 125 points
Tactical Support Squad, 7x melta gun
- 235 points
- 70 points

Fast Attack:
Legion Outrider Squad, 5x Outrider, 5x twin-linked flamer, melta bombs
- 250 points

At first glance it strikes me as FAR stronger than the IW list I posted some time ago (even taking the 500-or-so points difference in account). What would wreck it other than flyer spam, and is it too much?
>>
>>54572231
haven't played HH in years, whats 'weapon masters' on the veterans?
>>
>>54572091
I tried to stay away from the HH stuff after FW said they'd be changing scales, so I can't help. I haven't seen the recaster who was here and on 8 chan in a long time (dead game) so your best bet is to join the Tactical Command forum, paint up some used or 3rd party Epic stuff (Vanguard or Onslaught Minis), and then people will trust that you're not a GW shill and respond to PMs with relevant info.
>>
>>54572355
WS 5
>>
>>54572355
It gives Veterans +1WS. I did some calculating and a full squad of Veterans with weapon masters and the same/a similar loadout as a squad of Palatine Blades are way cheaper.

Near as I can tell, the advantages Palatine Blades have over WM Veterans with power weapons is optional jump packs, sonic shriekers without need for a ROW and easy access to loads of phoenix power spears. In return, Veterans are cheaper, FAR more flexible, and can be made troops (at the cost of losing out on the shriekers).
>>
>>54570747
Castle on top of an imperator titan. For scenarios where a load of jump infantry (or something) try to fight through the secutarii to sabotage the titan from inside. Extremely specialised, I'll admit, but you did say money wasn't an issue.
>>
>>54572063
Audiobookbay. If it isn't standalone, it's in the Shattered Legions anth.
>>
>>54573003
Thank you
>>
File: test_WE.jpg (831KB, 750x1133px) Image search: [Google]
test_WE.jpg
831KB, 750x1133px
i tried out painting a WE for my legion, hows the paint look? its not clean, just a test
>>
>>54573631
Oh no, he's so cold his ceramite froze!
>>
>>54573631
The colors are nice, but the dusting effect is from you being to far away with your spray paint.
The paint is drying before it lands, and ruins what could have been a good paintjob.
>>
>>54573631
Did you use spray primer? It looks like the primer came out bad, remember to shake the can a lot before you spray.

Other than that, it looks decent. What blue did you use?
>>
>>54555385
>certainly too tall.

That's just the TrueScale messing with your head.
>>
>>54573631
The shading's great!

Try heating your spray primer in a bowl of hot water, then shaking vigorously, and spraying closer in.
>>
How would anon go about converting Phoenix Terminators from the plastic Tartaros?

I'm thinking of ordering the heads but the spears/their arms have me stumped.
>>
>>54574632
Someone did this. Custodes and tartaros bits with FW EC heads.
>>
>>54571545
Kurze, Vulkan and Lorgar are in my top 3

Mortarion and Magnus miss out for lack of rebreather mask/ nipple horns
>>
>>54574632
Terrible idea
>>54574971
Terrible execution

Just buy the FW models you stingy fucks
>>
File: DSCF6460_enl.jpg (466KB, 1600x623px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6460_enl.jpg
466KB, 1600x623px
>>54574632
But the only reason to take Phoenix Terminators is because the models are fabulous. Otherwise take normal termies.
>>
File: itunes-1.jpg (45KB, 645x320px) Image search: [Google]
itunes-1.jpg
45KB, 645x320px
new Codex Heretics Astartes Space Marine

https://www.brokendicegods.com/single-post/2017/07/28/Codex-Heretic-Astartes-Chaos-Space-Marines-pops-up-on-iTunes
>>
>>54575156
Terrible opinion.
>>
>>54575211
>New Codex for brand new 8th edition rules
>GW can't even be assed into shelling out for new art
>Or even any of the decent old art
Sometimes this company forgets that it's trying to care these days.
>>
>>54575248

are you fucking stupid? they don't care, that's the problem, they stop caring AGES ago
>>
>>54573711
>>54574118
yea the white was all grainy, i tried to rub it off with a paintbrush
>>54574134
yea, corax white. i shook it pretty hard, guess ill have to try again. i used vallejo imperial blue w/ a gulliman blue
>>54574446
thanks. i just drybrushed white over a nuln/water/glaze medium mix.
>>
>>54568524
Yeah the highlights dont show up well in the photograph; using Dawnstone as the Kabalite green highlighter, Eshin grey for the black.
>>
>>54575163
I agree with you, but they're fairly weirdly posed (like many FW kits), and tend to lean towards monopose (again, like many FW kits). It's the same reason I converted Palatine Blades from Sanguinary Guard, and why I'll convert Kakophoni.

>>54575156
I don't know, I kind of like the look of them. I'll probably do this.

>>54574971
Thanks for the idea, I'll probably do that. Looks pretty good.

Although some of the hands/the guardian spears themselves could stand to be modified/slimmed down. Doesn't make much sense for a power spear to have all those bits I presume are used mostly for the boltgun, like the handle and the very wide part between handles.
>>
>>54575305
GW has been, at the least, trying to appear as if they care ever since Roundtree took over. It's why we get so many heavily discounted bundles masquerading as board games*, AoS got a points system, and 8th isn't just a slight variation on 7th.
>>
What are the rules for Eldar like in 30k? I heard it started out as a space marines exclusive game but since it's expanded to include most other factions I'm curious what they got.
>>
>>54576340
You've heard wrong. It's marines, mechanicum, solar auxilia, cults & militia, and talons of the emperor.

No Xenos here.
>>
>>54576340
There's a fan-made supplement for xenos that appear in the BL novels by "King Fluff." It's pretty good, actually. That's it, though.
>>
>>54576512
Mechanicum, cults, militia, talons of the emperor, and solar auxilia all get lists but no xenos? Laame.
>>
>>54576831
It's the HORUS HERESY. What do you expect? Almost all Xenos were either dead or in hiding, because the Great Crusade had spent the previous 200 years kicking them across the curb.
>>
If the game was adapted for 8E, do you think the legions would do good against 40k xenos armies?
>>
>>54576996
Somewhat.
The individual legion rules and bonuses would become far more important, I think, and a fair few of the strats used now would implode because they hedge on individual unit/weapon power to carry them.
Admech, for example, would crash hard, as they have already.
Boots and mobs on the ground would find a new strength when the low ap/ignore cover weapons get squatted.
The worth of superheavies would dip considerably, as many 30k examples already exist in 8e 40k, and are not the behemoths of old.
>>
>>54576896
Thank you exactly. It's been out for years and been explicitly said that they're not doing xenos. That's what 40k is for.

>>54576831
Dunno what about Eldar you like, but marines in this setting play like eldar and their aspect warriors with how units specialise. But if you just want Xenos you're out of luck.
>>
>>54576896
I only read the first 5-6 or so but Eldrad shows up so Eldar, plus a bunch of cool new factions (most of whom get rekt by space marines). I figured since they were printing non-marines and making a 30k core rulebook that I'd missed the xenos releases or that it was on the way.

8E is called dark imperium but at least xenos got some indices.
>>
>>54573631
DO YOU WANT TO PAINT A SNOWMAN.
>>
>>54571545
Lorgar easily if he's even slightly reposed to be less passive, otherwise probably Mortarion, rebreather or not.
>>
Anyone made any custom HQ models? Thinking about doing some kind of custom Archmagos now we have Belisarius "Bitzbox" Cawl to cannibalize, wondering what to use for a Photon Thruster.
>>
>>54578909
Lorgar is supposed to be incredibly handsome with the face of the Emperor but his model has an old man's head.

Mortarion's has such an awkward pose.
>>
>>54579116
>lorgar looks like the emperor
>emperor's true form is an old man

It's like poetry, it rhimes.
>>
>>54578963
The end off a Lascutter are a pretty good part to use
>>
>>54578909
>best primarch model
>Lorgar
>Mortarion
This is some bad taste man.
>>
>>54577183
Anon, the HH starts within 2 centuries of The Fall, the Eldar are not in any shape to be doing anything of substance. The only 40k-era Xenos species that's in a position to do anything on a wide enough scale to be included are Orks.
>>
Great Crusade book with Rangdan army when?
>>
Hey, Custoddlers, can you tell me which of the Grav vehicles is most comparable in size to a land raider?
>>
>>54577183
>8E is called dark imperium
Nope
>>
>>54579415
I believe the Emperor may look like a man, but it'd be stupid he looked like an old man when he's a perpetual. Unless you get a biased dad-hater to write the book, that is.
>>
>>54580072
Hopefully never. Some parts should remain a mystery, remain a legend.
>>
>>54581432
Fictional mysteries with no resolution are boring. In real life at least you can ponder and theorize about what actually happened but when it's all made up there's no point. There's no answer.

I hope the Slaugth are the new faction in 40k that they're hinting at with that Tau fluff.
>>
>>54581323
Caladius Grav Tank.
>>
>>54581939
Thanks, how much bigger is the footprint of the Coronus?
>>
>>54582018
Double the size. Nearly baneblade sized.
>>
>>54582098
>Nearly baneblade sized.
Wew. That's hueg.

Thanks 4 the deets.
>>
File: benis-tank.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
benis-tank.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>54581939
More Sicaran sized.

>>54582098
From what I've seen, the Coronus is a little longer than a Land Raider.
>>
>>54581610
What Tau fluff? What new faction?
>>
>>54582434
It's rampant speculation but 8th edition Tau fluff it talks about how a mysterious and previously unencountered foe is preparing to attack the Tau Empire from the edges of known space. I'm positive the Tau have interacted with every existing faction so I think it must be something new.
>>
>>54582160
BIG
>>
>>54579116
I wish mortarion was aiming for anything but the ankles of the marines he is about to reap. that and a rebreather and he'd be 10/10 just like papa horus.
>>
>>54583125
The chainmail joints and steampunk backpack have forever consigned Mortartion's model to meme-tier in my eyes.
>>
File: we_squad_2.jpg (758KB, 750x1084px) Image search: [Google]
we_squad_2.jpg
758KB, 750x1084px
made another WE boy for my squad, went for more kit-bashy this time. primer didnt come out chalky, thank god.
>>
I'm legit tempted to run a twisted flesh/feral army in HH. Seems like it might be wild fun.
>>
What did the Imperial Army look like in 30k?
>>
>>54583608
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/The-Horus-Heresy?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102779+3036348398&Ntt=&sorting=rec&categoryId=cat2210033
>>
>>54583608
>>54583625
The Solar Auxilia were only the elite of the Imperial Army. The main bulk was composed of non-standardized forces from planets all over the Imperium.
>>
>>54583389
Needs more spittle and (free) chainaxes to be properly World Eater-y, but other than that i like him.
>>
File: ImperialArmy.jpg (219KB, 302x685px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialArmy.jpg
219KB, 302x685px
>>54583608
I know it'll never look like it used to...
>>
File: really jogs my noggin.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
really jogs my noggin.gif
613KB, 498x498px
Is it possible for a fluffy list to be WAAC? Doesn't "win at all costs" imply that you're sacrificing some aspect of your army for effectiveness? What if all the broken options fit the established lore of your faction?
>>
>>54584274
>DG player looking for an excuse to spam phosphex
>>
>>54567307
I love the mechanicum vehicle designs, they're so damn expensive though. £90 for a transport...
>>
File: dg get rekt.png (1MB, 600x871px) Image search: [Google]
dg get rekt.png
1MB, 600x871px
>>54584357
>>
File: 83f8a473154fd27ad595a89bcc571375.jpg (510KB, 1920x1804px) Image search: [Google]
83f8a473154fd27ad595a89bcc571375.jpg
510KB, 1920x1804px
How big are 30k legionaries compared to regular 40k? I'm tempted to buy a pack of legion plasma guns for my Skitarii (to act as plasma calivers so I don't need to buy three packs just to equip one squad) but I'm worried they'll look absolutely huge compared to my pretty DYEL skittles.
>>
>>54584504
They're the same size as normal marines, and tiny next to the Primaris.
>>
>>54584274
Well, as a Reductor player my faction's most fluffy lists is literally "As WAAC as physically possible" since that's their canon job - clear the way for the Crusade by any means necessary, because the Marines and Custodes already failed. Doesn't stop Droplite Medusa spam with Rending Levy allies and Occularis out the ass from being filthy, filthy cheese that I only bring out to fight the Phosphexmongers and the Custodes.

Spirit of fair play and all that.

>>54584504

Same size as regular Marines, so they should be more or less the right size. The Skitarii special weapons parts are fucking horribly priced, I know that. A couple boxes worth of Secutarii leaves some spares, but they don't even have 40k rules atm despite being goddamn terrifying here.
>>
File: Burn_MF_BURN.jpg (143KB, 485x705px) Image search: [Google]
Burn_MF_BURN.jpg
143KB, 485x705px
>>54583608
Anything really. Lots of diversity.
>>
>tfw picking a legion
>tfw really love Alpha Legion
>tfw too shit at the game to do well with them

Typical that I would pick the legion that's basically playing the game on hard mode.
>>
File: ThallaxCohort.png (704KB, 840x373px) Image search: [Google]
ThallaxCohort.png
704KB, 840x373px
>>54584553
Yeah, I've read the 30k Taghmata rules and they're brilliant, particularly love the Thallax. No one plays 30k where I live so I'm hoping Fires of Cyraxus makes most of the Taghmata stuff playable in 40k where the conventional Skitarii stuff is pretty limited and the fluff is bland grimderp by comparison.
>>
>>54558368
Whats an Arlatax? Does it have a model?
>>
>>54584660
it's okay, losing as alpha legion is fluffy
>>
>>54558368
>Domitars SUCK, don't take them.

B..bu..but the model is so pretty...
>>
>>54548143
>>54548755
Book 6
>>
My FW chaos militia upgrade sets have finally arrived. I plan to use them as one of the cults that joined the word bearers in Calth. Will they look good with cadian arms and legs or should I use something else? Also, what vehicles would go well with them?
>>
>>54584918
I agree, I want one.
>>
>>54583389
Much better.
>>
>>54584553
What models do you use for your levies?

>>54584918
Agreed. I like my murderbots to have cute Disney faces.
>>
>>54584274
SoH Combi-spam
>>
>>54584877
>Whats an Arlatax?
A variant of the Domitar produced on Xana II known for its particularly vicious machine spirits.

>Does it have a model
No.
>>
>>54585077
>I like my murderbots to have cute Disney faces.

I like to imagine the thing's Not!AI is like a loyal, but innocently violent puppy, it'll just come smashing through walls and tossing tanks around the place because it wants to play and get praise from it's Magos.
>>
>>54558368
"Domitars SUCK, don't take them. A fully upgraded Castellax does their job better and for less, and even that is a rather poor plan."

In Legio Cybenetica in a larger unit they work out pretty damned well if you're willing to buff them with Cybertheurgy like its a drip feed. Hardly useless but hardly the star of the show; I mostly take them for shock factor and when I feel I'll need lots of S10 and a reasonable chance to not get hit so damn much.

Arlataxs are for the most part the superior choice until they get drown in multi-laser and autocannon fire.
>>
>>54584660
Yes, but no matter who wins you can just say those three magic words to fuck with everyone.
>>
>>54585900
>Just as planned
>This is Alpharius
?
>>
>>54586004
>I am Alpharius.
You can only use "Just as planned" if that baked bastard has decided you needed his 'help' whether you wanted it or not.
>>
>>54586049
*Beaked.
Fucking autocomplete.
Perfect example of Tzeentch deciding to 'improve' things.
>>
>>54586049
>>54586072
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>54585110
Oh, sounds cool. Thank you.
>>
>>54585273
How many Domitars do you use?

What does your Cybernetica army contain units wise?
>>
>>54586207
>"Go back to /l/eddit REEEEEEE!"
>Never has read any lore outside of 1d4memes that are 'too cool for him'.
>>
>>54585273

Kek

Domitar are useless,i have only one i use for collection/zone mortalis but spam it is a waste of point.

It is 180pts (granades are a must) his shooting weapons dont fit his role.

A castellax with siege wreaker and multimelta/darkfire is 25-40 point cheaper shoot at Bs5 2 s7 vp2 shoots,in charge have the same amount of strike at S10,still ts3+ and T7

Arlatax 12" movement will make it so much superior to any other MC even without rampage and haywire attacks,but it also have em!
>>
File: 99120101192_PrimarisRepulsor03.jpg (119KB, 750x775px) Image search: [Google]
99120101192_PrimarisRepulsor03.jpg
119KB, 750x775px
One week until the Grav-rhinos for my custodes finally are released. Just ordered three.
I'll use the Coronus rules, obviously, but I'm not sure what to do about it's turret guns. The repulsor's turret is garbage, so it'll be left off, but I don't know what to replace it with.
>>
>>54587491
Is this bait?
>>
File: latest.jpg (111KB, 1000x613px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
111KB, 1000x613px
>>54587511
Did you know that quite a few custodes players are not too happy about their vehicles?
I mean, I like them by themselves, but I think their visual design and the custards' doesn't gel at all.
Using the Repulsor as a Grav-Rhino is fair.
>>
>>54587511
Why would it be? The omission of the Grav-rhino was a shitty decision by FW.
>>
>>54586757
I still don't get why the domitar's missile launcher isn't at least a cyclone version. Similar with dreadnought missile launchers, it's weird that that big array can only fire a single shot a turn.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.