[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 70

File: C17.jpg (3MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
C17.jpg
3MB, 3200x1800px
"Stop Liking What I Don't Like" Edition

Last Thread: >>54463903

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What cards so you avoid out of principle? Does it hamstring your deck from its highest potential?
>>
File: Necropotence_EMA.jpg (227KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Necropotence_EMA.jpg
227KB, 672x936px
>>54471169
>Thread question

Pic related. I miss it at times but it doesn't cripple the deck, especially since it's not combo.
>>
File: 116.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54471169
>What cards so you avoid out of principle? Does it hamstring your deck from its highest potential?

Anything over $40.
>>
>>54471320
What commander(s) are you running?
>>
>>54471169
Nothing really tends to be off the table unless its either out of my price range or breaks the theme of my deck too hard. I've learned my lesson about gudstuf decks and how unfun they are to play, so I prefer not to just cram as many in as I can. If a card is good for a combo or theme, I'll run it regardless of reputation.
>>
>>54471337
Brago, Arcanis, Rakdos, Angry Omnath, Trostani.
>>
File: Dinner is served.jpg (151KB, 426x553px) Image search: [Google]
Dinner is served.jpg
151KB, 426x553px
>>54471192
>>54471077
Bumping this
>>
>>54471368
Any particular reason?
>>
>>54471368
Is Arcanis the "draw deck then lab man" variety or wizard tribal? Skipping $40 cards with Brago seems kinda hard.

>>54471356
What are some goodstuff cards you steer clear?
>>
>>54471169
>Thread Question

Pulled a Force of Will from the latest Modern Masters and although I have plenty of blue edh decks it just seems a bit too dickish. Being the counterscrub at the table isn't really my playstyle anyway.
>>
File: 97.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>What cards so you avoid out of principle?
Extra turn cards are masturbatory.
>>
>>54471416
>Is Arcanis the "draw deck then lab man" variety or wizard tribal?
You can run him that way. I just run him as a blue goodstuff general without infinite combos.
>>
>>54471416
Unless they really fit: stuff like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof, most clone cards, Lab Man, etc. One of my early decks was pretty much UG gudstuff+clones and it got really boring to play after the first few games.
>>
>>54471461
Oh cool. He's one of my favorite cards so I always like to see people running him.
>>
>>54471473
>>54471416
Oh, and stuff like >>54471459
>>
File: 1287811634672.jpg (3KB, 126x113px) Image search: [Google]
1287811634672.jpg
3KB, 126x113px
>>54471448
>two for oneing yourself against one opponent and being down two cards against the others is dickish.
>>
>>54471500
It carries a very negative reputation from other formats and it's still a counter when you're tapped out. I can understand why anon feels that way even if I don't find it that egregious.
>>
>>54471383
Marath is probably the better card but if you want to run more Naya goodstuff/beatdown Samut is the better option.
>>
>>54471169
>What cards so you avoid out of principle? Does it hamstring your deck from its highest potential?

Any card that prevents other players from playing Magic. "Fun" cards like Possibility Storm, MLD, etc. I also prefer to stay away from any turn 1 mana rock.
>>
>>54471547
>Possibility Storm
Normally I would agree, but it's a key piece to my Mishra deck.
>>
>>54471574
You have other options. Also, you don't play with me, so you can play whatever you want. I suggested it to a local Daretti player, because it seriously helped his deck, but I regret it ever since. I've never had fun playing with Possibility Storm, and why am i playing if I'm not having fun?
>>
>>
>>54471627
I mostly use it because it combos really well with my general and my group doesn't seem to mind it too much. We've had some laughs off it since my friend who plays Animar usually ends up flipping one medium sized creature for a massive one.
>>
insect or wurm tribal when?
>>
>>54471169

>"Chaos" cards except for the fringe scenarios in which they actually synergize with the deck
Pic related is a good example of synergy.

>Pillowfort cards
Again, unless I have a reason--my Karona, False God deck is choc full of them.

>MLD unless it's a win-con
I'm not against MLD, I'm against MLD without a plan. If I've got a deck full of mana-rocks and Avacyn's my Commander, dropping Armageddon in there is fine. If I've got a mono-red deck with nothing but basics, Ruination is a great choice. If I'm just putting it in there to make the game longer, I'm building a bad deck.

>Counterspells
Not really something I "avoid", but unless the deck has a central combo I'm trying to protect I usually keep them to a minimum. And I usually don't build decks around a "central combo" anyway, because I don't like my games to feel samey. So countermagic is kind of de facto avoided.

>Tutors
Kind of the same deal. I'm not against tutors, but I am against samey games, and a ton of tutors will often lead to me just fishing for my game-winning combo and then playing it. I might drop Demonic and Vampiric Tutor in a deck with black in it (they're fantastic cards), but I try not to go too crazy with it.

Does this "hamstring" my decks? I guess so? I suppose it depends on how you define "highest potential". Obviously decks that don't include powerful cards are going to be less powerful. But I don't build my decks just to win, I build my decks to win in ways that are enjoyable to me.
>>
>>54471822
>Wurm tribal
You missed out on that boat when there was no Legendary Wurm in Almond Cat.

>Insect tribal
>>
File: 1491014702673.png (70KB, 1147x609px) Image search: [Google]
1491014702673.png
70KB, 1147x609px
I got a newbie friend with 0 (zero) (e^i*pi+1) cards but seems very interested in learning magic and commander in particular. He doesn't want to spend more than $100 on a decent deck that is not one made by wizards. Otheer than that he has no preference on playstyle, colors, etc. What should I recommend him?
>>
File: mazirek.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
mazirek.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>54471885
>>Insect tribal
>>
>>54471896
Help him build an Ezuri, Renegade Leader elf deck.
>>
>>54471896

I imagine one of the precons would be best. It won't be a great deck, but they're designed to be simple, easy to get ahold of (as opposed to buying 100 singles from game stores or online), and relatively cheap.

I mean, he could have better decks, but if he is literally brand-new to the game it's probably best to keep it as simple as possible.
>>
>>54471896
Freyalise Precon. Piss easy to play, has a bunch of Green staples, turns itself into any elf.dek easily.
>>
>>54471896
If you can wait 5-6 hours ill go look over and upload my old slumdog deck, it was less than 90 and could undercut good decks with a key snipe.
>>
>>54471291
can someone explain this to me? I don't see why this card is useful
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fourth-generation-warcraft/

I need your help /tg/. So I realized that I needed some more draw, and therefore, I need to make some cuts. What would you recommend I take out for:

Smothering Abomination
Grim Haruspex
Fecundity

Any other recommendations?
>>
>>54472070
Necropotence is one of the most commonly underrated card for beginners. When it first came out it was ranked as the worst card in the set it was in.

You can pay that one life as many times as you want. If you have 40 life you can pay 39 of it and draw 39 cards, then sculpt your hand however you'd like. Necropotence teaches two things. 1 card is a lot more important than 1 life, and the only point of life that matters is the last one.
>>
>>54471925
>Swarmyard
>>
>>54471925
>>54471885
are the cards for insect tribal any good? like would it be viable or would most other tribes stomp all over it?
>>
File: 35867[1].jpg (84KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
35867[1].jpg
84KB, 300x433px
If my opponent has 5 artifacts, will I gain 5 life, or 1 life 5 times? And does the same thing happen for cards like Benevolent Offering?
>>
>>54472145
5 life at one
>>
>>54472114
when you put it that way, it makes a lot more sense. there's a lot of cards in magic i don't "get". a week ago i finally learned why channel is a good card.
>>
>>54472132
Endless Cockroaches
Giant Adephage
Gleancrawler
Hornet Queen
Ant Queen
Swarm of Bloodflies
Scute Mob

Lots of decent sac synergy options too, just look up insect subtype on gatherer
>>
>>54471540
Thanks. Played some rounds with him, and as fun as steadily killing Brago is, Samut seems like a better enabler instead of main plan
>>
>>54472145
Its a single trigger, so 5.
>>
>>54472155
That's a shame. Thanks mate.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (147KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
147KB, 340x340px
>yfw you stiffle their t1 fetch
>yfw you ceremonius rejection their t2 sol ring
>yfw they dont draw any more gas for 3 turns and you have already started suspending titans with jhoira
>>
>>54472169
There are two other cards that trade 1 life for 1 card, Yawgmoth's Bargain and Griselbrand. The reason that Necro's legal and those two aren't is that Necro needs you to wait for the end phase.
>>
File: 1496034026225.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496034026225.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>>54472274
>we roll dice to see who goes first
>I go last
>first player goes "scorching desert, target anon, pass"
>I'm absolutely stunned
>I go down to 39 life before it's even my turn
>he doesn't even apologize
I haven't even had one turn, so it was impossible for me to interact with the trigger. If he let me just play one island I could have stifled the trigger and still been at 40 life. Instead he targets me out of pure spite. We all talked about it and it was pretty clear that he only wanted me to be at 39 life so that I wouldn't win. He was going all on about how he is perfectly allowed to scorch me, but he didn't even think for a second about how I felt about it. It would have been infinitely preferable if he gave me just one turn to get up stifle mana or find a way to gain some life. Instead he tries to act like just because the game lets him do something that its ok and my feelings don't matter. We all agreed that targeting me was unnecessarily spiteful considering he had another land in hand he could play, or he could have mulliganed to a hand that had less hateful cards. We all agreed to just play as if I was at 40.

What I don't get is how people like him think its a good idea to play like that with regular playgroups. You know that by hitting me with scorching desert, it's just going to make me bring out my five color stonerain.dek and completely remove his ability to play next game. Since then we have houseruled that you're not allowed to hurt others players if they don't have a way to interact with it. Our players that have some social awareness and aren't completely autistic have all agreed with this rule and it has done a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap.
>>
>>54472169
Yeah, considering how important the life total is to whether or not you're still in the game, it's understandable why, to newer players, it's not intuitive that life is a highly effective resource, especially in EDH.

I'll never forget the looks on my 5-man pod's faces when I dropped Necropotence and paid 20 right off the bat like it was nothing. Man was that was a learning experience for the lot of them.
>>
>>54472169
thinking of life as a resource is a bizarrely high wall for starting players to get over
I remember getting back into the game in RtR and opening a Shock Land and saying "why are these so expensive? just use a guildgate lol"
>>
File: 174680623.jpg (36KB, 612x410px) Image search: [Google]
174680623.jpg
36KB, 612x410px
new player here. if anybody wants to review my deck i will let you download and keep this picture of a ten dollar bill.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fire-sale-4/

i feel like it needs more card draw and less counterspells. i want it to be fun and somewhat powerful but a bit different than a normal blue deck. i went towards artifacts instead of instants/sorceries as is more common.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (19KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
19KB, 512x288px
>>54472132
Volcano hellion (its a worm) + hornets nest

Pic related
>>
>>54472281
The "exiling from discard" is also pretty brutal since it not only forces the exile on your excess cards from Necro, but it also hinders that option for enabling graveyard combo.
>>
File: 1298960408683.jpg (3KB, 128x57px) Image search: [Google]
1298960408683.jpg
3KB, 128x57px
>>54472343
>Blood Moon in a multi color deck
>>
>>54472274

>bragging about winning the die roll
>>
>>54472389
It can be okay in a green deck when you can fetch your basics, or if you're running two colors and your opponents are running three, four, or five. In Arjun it's not great.
>>
File: IMG_9324.jpg (52KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9324.jpg
52KB, 223x310px
first for "strict merfolk tribal needs more late game support"
>>
>Thread Question:
Counterspells. I do enough mean things and I don't want to play blue
>>
File: kystruedetective.jpg (13KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
kystruedetective.jpg
13KB, 500x280px
>>54471169
>/tg/ EDH General Discord
>>
>>54472343
I really don't see the appeal of Arjun. It doesn't seem like you really gain anything from his ability and only succeed in disrupting yourself
>>
>>54472389
>>54472418
i literally just had an empty spot and didn't know what else to put in. a lot of the people i play with run nothing but non-basics and so i thought it would help give the deck a fighting chance against fancier tech. especially since 6 of my 8 non-basic lands tap for red anyways.

i'm fine dropping it though. i'm open to any suggestions. i realize the trap cards are goofy jank too.
>>
>>54471459
unless you can go infinite extra turns to end the game.
but i agree that taking extra turns is a great way to get people to hate you
>>
>>54472485
Dack Fayden fits into an artifact theme and supplies descent card draw
>>
>>54472569
i love it.

-1 Blood Moon. +1 Dack Fayden.
>>
How highly do you rate discard versus card draw? Do you believe that in a 4 man game making each opponent discard a card is better than, worse than, or equal to just drawing a card? What about just making one opponent discard 3 cards?

If they are not equal, at which point do they become equal and why?

Was fiddling with a deck and took out some discard elements for draw, was wondering what others thought.
>>
>>54472627
on another planeswalker note, Daretti, Scrap Savant can do a lot of nice shenanigans with artifacts and recursion
>>
>>54472681
Discarding is much weaker than drawing. The only possible exception is in something like Nath when you have an advantage to discarding, but even then draw is still heavily favored, for the simple reason that when you draw you are gaining access to more of your deck, while when opponents discard they aren't always losing access. Imagine forcing Karador to discard. You've just helped him out.
>>
Craterhoof should be fucking banned.
>>
>>54472681
A good rule to use is that if something gives your opponent choices in the final effect, is almost always a weak effect. So effects that let your opponent discard a card of their choice is much much worse than yourself getting to draw a card because it's very likely that someone will have a card in their hand that they can toss with few qualms like an extra land.
An argument can be made for targeted discard like thoughtseize where you get to look at their hand and get rid of the card that is the biggest threat to you
>>
>>54472829
Yea you love hoof daddy.
>>
>>54472681
If discard doesnt win I dont use it in my strategies. Helm of the ghastlord flashed onto nekusar is one of the only discards I play other than elder mastery when Im being a troll.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_193521.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_193521.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
IDK if this is the right place to post it but I wanted to show yall what I made using some Chinese proxies
>>
>>54472829
Literally why? What your saying right now is "Hey, my opponent built up a board full of mana and creatures and shouldn't be allowed to try and win". Even if you don't shut someone down from having a shitton of creatures in play, you still have instant speed options like counterspell, fogs, wraths and shit that stops etbs.

Craterhoof is an exemplar of what most people in this format try to promote. You are just coming across as a salty combo/control player that sucks at the game.
>>
>>54472947
you put some fake cards in a frame, not sure why anybody should care. It would be an interesting thing to have if they were genuine but there isn't exactly anything impressive about printing out a Picasso from google images and taping it to my wall.
>>
>>54473032
Hey. Poor people need decor too.
>>
>>54472535
I feel the opposite. Infinite turns to win the game suck because I usually have to sit there and let you resolve everything. Sage of hours lock prevents this because it's one card, but narset is a stupid cunt

I don't mind a time warp for an extra turn to put you ahead tho
>>
>>54471500
Mostly I just don't want to come across as showing off my valuable card. That, I guess, is the most dickish thing about it.

It's also a hard counter for zero mana, so there's that.
>>
>>54472986
>Literally why? What your saying right now is "Hey, my opponent built up a board full of mana and creatures and shouldn't be allowed to try and win".

That is exactly the whole format, you should be able to sit there doing nothing till you can tutor your combo pieces and win from no board state, its like you have never played edh
>>
>>54472947
Looks great! Perfect for all the lies you'll be telling for the rest of your pathetic life. Keep up that sham!
>>
>>54473042
>>54472947
You should have used something to line them up better, they're just kinda floating in that frame.
>>
File: mountain.jpg (73KB, 499x687px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
73KB, 499x687px
>>54473042
If that were the case I would much prefer getting prints of card art that I really liked
>>
>>54473032
tbf , that's the best place for chink fakes because no one will take a loupe to his den decor
>>
File: images (6).jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
25KB, 512x288px
>>54473056
>Jewgic: the Jewening
>$100
>expensive
Shit nigga I just shot pepsi out my nose
>>
>>54472947
I mean. Its an ok piece of decor I guess. Not like your playing with them (Not that I would care if you did but W/E).

Its a bit like having a replica firearm or a reproduction piece of art for your wall.
>>
File: di16rhaxy8bz.jpg (101KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
di16rhaxy8bz.jpg
101KB, 1080x1920px
>inb4 no legendary rigger
>>
>>54473032
>>54473084
Hi modern general
>>
>>54473150
Does anyone know what this means?
>>
>>54473137
Mono Red riggers are the secret 5th C2017 deck
>>
>>54472947
>plot twist
The picture frames are his card sleeves
>>
File: gvANHFx.jpg (284KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
gvANHFx.jpg
284KB, 1080x1920px
Also, squirrel tribal can be a thing now.
>>
>>54473137
>>54473173
what are we looking at here?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-21-22-41-58-1.png (406KB, 1440x1926px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-21-22-41-58-1.png
406KB, 1440x1926px
>>54472430
You should come back in and whine some more.
>>
File: oYYr28R.jpg (241KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
oYYr28R.jpg
241KB, 1080x1920px
>>54473166
Riggers seem to be Gruul, if nothing else.
>>
File: Hanweir before and after.jpg (83KB, 462x810px) Image search: [Google]
Hanweir before and after.jpg
83KB, 462x810px
>>54473173
>>54473137
>Contraptions won't be in black border
Goddamnit Maro, you promised!
>>
>>54473209
>making a discord to talk about stuff that we talk about in the general
For what purpose? Is it just a round-about way to namefag? What's the reason for making another discussion platform when we have one right here?
>>
>>54473173
>squirrel tribal
Science has gone too far.
>>
File: Q9MY4EcykRQeCzXuVNG9D3DA7hM.jpg (20KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Q9MY4EcykRQeCzXuVNG9D3DA7hM.jpg
20KB, 300x450px
>>54473215
>>54473137
>squirrels and riggers official consigned to silver border status

I feel the numbing embrace of death washing over me. I no longer have the will to fight it.
>>
File: beSc0dt.jpg (318KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
beSc0dt.jpg
318KB, 2448x3264px
>>54473204
http://m.imgur.com/a/MeHzx
>>
File: 31WBu83oYmL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (8KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
31WBu83oYmL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
8KB, 350x350px
>>54473216
>>54473255
don't worry guys i got you covered
>>
>>54473249
Keeps discussion going between threads, you normally get quicker and more thorough response for deck help, and you can organize online games much more easily.

Inb4 "you can do all that here stop liking what I don't reeeee"
>>
>>54473216
He DID say that he considered contraptions in silver border would fulfill his promise.
>>
>>54473261
>scientists without blue
>chimeras with white and no blue

It's incredibly ironic that with all the sperging Maro does about the color pie that the one set he designed solely himself demonstrates a complete lack of understanding about color philosophy.
>>
>>54473204
Unstable
>>
>>54473261
I'm kind of upset now. Riggers aren't nearly weird enough mechanically to belong in an un set, and now that they are in there they will never get to be a real, playable type
>>
>>54473261
Should have called it UNwanted pile of shit

Just sell packets of full art lands for $1/land and stop wastings fucking time on shit like this and bring out standard sets people actually want to play
>>
>>54473209
>only one man on /tg/ hates Reddit
>>
>>54471169
>What cards so you avoid out of principle?

CRift, all extra turn cards, all the green creature tutors like Tooth (find it boring just tutoring for the same shit every game), Craterhoof, Back to Basics, Stasis, Winter Orb, Smokestack.
>>
>>54473334
Riggers were always a joke though, now they are in a joke set.
>>
File: Your filigree is shit.png (149KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
Your filigree is shit.png
149KB, 500x444px
>>54473346
>Talking shit about unsets
>>
>>54471169
reverse searched OP's image and got nothing. Sauce??
>>
>>54473334
> Riggers aren't nearly weird enough mechanically to belong in an un set
i think that the contraption interfaces are a lot more complex than most of the interactions wotc puts in it's sets

they're probably worried that people who aren't super fluent in the rules would be confused by the multi-purpose nozzles
>>
So the Un set is set on a plane of mad scientists.

This means that it is entirely possible that the set devised entirely as a joke will somehow end up with a better plot and setting than Kaladesh.
>>
>>54473334
Riggers were designed and worded as a joke.
>>
>>54473355
is cyclonic rift really that big of a deal? If you're playing blue and don't have access to Red White or Black it's pretty much the only boardwipe you have access to, and anybody with any of those colors has tons of them
>>
>>54473377
http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2017
It's the four banners stitched together because people were sperging out about albums.
>>
>>54473380
This.
The plane will literally be the Mirrodin goblin philosophy which is awesome.
>>
>>54473388
Imagine if white got a 7 mana instant that destroyed every nonland permanent your opponents controlled. Blue has tons of mass bounce that isn't CRift, and just like White, Red and Black's wipes, they hit your shit too. Pretty much everyone in my group decided to stop running rift on their own because it ruined a lot of games with the incredible tempo swing with no downside.
>>
>>54473334
You've never actually read what Steamflogger Boss does, have you? If you actually have then please don't post in CCG.
>>
>>54473388
>overload 6U
Yes, its super fucking broken, should have been 5UU. It wouldnt be a problem if wotc didnt have a boner for undercosting cards.
>>
>>54473388
I forgot it didn't hit your own things
>>
>>54472947
bro you have to sleeve them or it ruins the entire illusion
>>
>>54473424
White has that for 6 at sorcery, and a variant that is WWW. You can play vedalken orrery in white. The end result isnt whats broken about cyclonic.
>>
>>54471169
>discord
What the fuck is that shit doing in the OP?
>>
File: 1471602812489.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1471602812489.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
>>54473261
>Unstable is gonna just be some dumb scientist plane with a secret agent faction

I don't know what I like less about this, that they're pushing for a Ravnica style faction-based tribal thing or that they aren't just poking fun at all the stuff that's been introduced since Mirrodin. We better get Planeswalkers that have abilities that cost a quarter/half a loyalty counter
>>
>>54473087
Yea, I'll line em up better before hanging em up.
>>54473032
>>54473084
>>54473088
>>54473127
Jeeze, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than hanging $10k worth on the wall and still accomplishes the same aesthetic.

I was also thinking the kanigawa/lorwyn block lands that all fit together.

Any of you have the unhinged artworks?
>>
i don't give a fuck about discord but everybody needs to stop talking about it or i am going to start posting pictures of scary skeletons

don't make me fright you
>>
>>54473520
It's because they take themselves 100% seriously and think they're doing what people want. Making jokes about their fuckups would be admitting they fucked up in the first place.
>>
>>54473488
See
>>54473172
>>
>>54473318
I didn't realize that Mean Streets of Gadgetzan was a Magic set now.
>>
File: 1469451260604.png (845KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1469451260604.png
845KB, 750x1056px
>>54473520
>>
>>54473490
>that your opponents control

You're an idiot
>>
>>54473520
>half or quarter

You're thinking too small. We need a PW coming in with pi loyalty counters and abilities that cost trigonometric values.
>>
>be wizards
>bring out a joke set because people will still buy it because of lands
>fuck it throw a foil goyf in there with a black border call it a expedition/masterpiece/yugioh card whatever the fuck we do every set now
>sells as much as a masters set
>UN sets every year from now

I work for wizards R&D
>>
>>54473424
Destroying =/= bouncing
>>
>>54473490
What white wipe ignores your own shit for 6 mana my dude? Do you have an OG Avacyn out?
Rift's power comes from it being an asymmetrical effect.

For comparison, black has to pay NINE mana at SORCERY speed to wrath its opponents' creatures and walkers while leaving their own alone. Rift hits everything but lands at instant speed. Granted, rift doesn't destroy like an actual wipe, but the tempo loss is so severe that your opponents probably won't recover before you win (assuming you don't win on the spot). And it ignores everything from indestructible to undying and regeneration. The only protection against Rift is to play blue yourself and counter, or meme it up with shit like Ghostway.
>>
>>54473536
Discord
>>
>>54473536
Post skeletons anyway
>>
>>54473520
UNimaginitive is exactly Jacetice league/ Marvelworks, its superhero factions sans planeswalkers (s.h.i.e.l.d) (doom) etc
>>
>>54473578
Masterpieces are only for standard-sets
>>
>>54473586
>actually playing In Garruk's Wake
Please don't do this.
>>
>>54473527
I personally wouldn't hang the power 9 for the sake of aesthetics. The cards themselves aren't that nice to look at. You should really only display them for sentimental significance or as a showcase for a collection of impressive/valuable items. Using proxies basically negates both of those.
>>
>>54473566
>ive never heard of faiths reward or the plethora of white cards that reanimate/grant indestructible
lmao
>>
Who else stocked up on crux of fate for commander 2017 so you can destroy 90% of the meta with a dragon only wipe?
>>
>>54473651
You're gonna get out of breath backpedaling that quickly anon.
>>
>>54473616
Masterpieces are also going to be in every set from now on and look how long that lasted. One fucking set. The things Wizards says holds no staying power anymore, they're in full "do whatever the fuck we feel like (except harm the reserve list)" mode.
>>
>>54473651
Okay, the white deck now has to have both Planar Cleansing and one of those other cards plus 9 available mana to be better than Rift. The blue deck still only needs Rift and can actually tutor for it
>>
>>54473653
anybody who wanted to run 5c dragons already had scion as an incredibly strong option. 2017 will only affect the "meta" if your meta exclusively plays precons
>>
>>54473629
The Power 9 looks cool though, and holds an incredible amount of historic significance. Who are you to tell someone what is or isn't aesthetically pleasing in their own home?
>>
>>54473667
>One set
>4=1
>>
>>54473687
This is what pisses me off. Dragons had tons of great general options including a borderline overpowered one, but tribes like Spirits and Angels are going to get left out in the cold.
>>
>>54473660
Not at all, I literally brought up the fact other colors cand do what rift does with setup and now you cant see the truth that boardwipes are part of magic.
>>
>>54473694
The announcement was made during Kaladesh and became revoked during Amonkhet. That's one single set between those two.
>>
>>54473667
>One set
>Kaladesh
>Aether Revolt
>Amonkhet
>Hour of Devastation
>Battle for Zendikar
>Oath of the Gatewatch
>One set
>>
>>54473714
I think you're confusing sets and blocks
>>
>>54473687
You forget most guys running lgs's are failed GW redshirts and will shill the absolute fuck out of dragons to 9 year olds, oh you want to learn magic? Play edh and buy this deck fuck of motherfucking dragons!
>>
>>54473689
he specifically asked for opinions on his thing and I gave him one. I don't give a shit what he does, just saying it's tacky
>>
>>54473730
>will shill the absolute fuck out of dragons to 9 year olds
Why is your meta made up of 90% 9 year olds?Do I need to get the FBI involved?
>>
>>54473725
I know the difference between sets and blocks. Aether Revolt is one set, there was only one set that happened after they announced Masterpieces would be in every set, and then they immediately changed it because they "ran out of ideas."

>>54473720
You don't even know the thing we're talking about, fuck off retard.
>>
File: dllhost_2017-07-22_21-04-06.png (224KB, 262x366px) Image search: [Google]
dllhost_2017-07-22_21-04-06.png
224KB, 262x366px
Post double-edged cards that you always use as a staple on your decks
>>
>>54473536
Discord, nigger. Calling your bluff, fuckstick.
>>
>>54473712
If it needs to be explained that an effect from a single card is significantly stronger than a similar effect from a combination of cards (in a singleton format no less where consistency is scant) than you're dumber than I gave you credit for. You're trying to save face because you insinuated Planar Cleansing is comparable to Rift. Drop the argument for your sake.
>>
>>54473678
If a blue deck is holding onto 7 mana you deserve it, if they cheated the cost lower with other cards that is the same amount of setup to make rift good that white needs to do to to make planar cleansing good. The only people who get mad at rift are the people who play into it and get blown out by it.
>>
>>54473743
I only play against people under 10 so I can win, do you have a problem with this? So you prefer to play with men? Because thats totally homosex if you like men
>>
>>54473773
>wow you actually played permanents and didn't combo out before turn 7

You're still an idiot.
>>
>>54473768
If you cant understand that every boardwipe in this game can be built around to not have downside then enjoy being frustrated by this game.
>>
>>54473773
How the hell is my Daretti deck supposed to win other than by putting a bunch of artifacts onto the field? How is a tokens deck supposed to "not play into" a Rift?
>>
>>54473793
>i dont want to interact so ill slam permanents until something bad happens
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>54473808
>>
>>54473819
>i don't want to play blue

Fixed it for you.
>>
File: niggerrapist.jpg (18KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
niggerrapist.jpg
18KB, 512x288px
>yfw the chucklefucks in this thread play edh and dont play U/G/x so you can counter their counter that they used to counter your counter that you used on their combo piece

You fucks dont even play tge game fuck off back to youtube
>>
>>54473754
I like Minds Aglow.
>>
>>54471659
This, as well as any card that has the potential to completely lock out a single person.

Lock everyone out of the game while you stroll into a win? Fine, at least someone doesn't have to sit off to the side and watch everyone else play Magic.

Cards that can instakill a player, knocking them out early? Has to happen sometime, and just makes the game go by faster.

This, Imprison in the Moon, Mindslaver, Identity Crisis, are just fucking lame.
>>
>>54473808
You're right. The easiest boardwipe to build around to not have a downside is this little known card called Cyclonic Rift. It costs 6U and it bounces all permanents you don't control, at instant speed.
>>
>>54473856
Imprison in the Moon is a fair card that teaches people to either not rely solely on their generals or to pack removal.
>>
File: ningen.png (73KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
ningen.png
73KB, 500x340px
>>54473847
But can you counter my counter in response to your counter of counters being placed on a creature that ETB with additional counters due to doubling season doubling the counters.
>>
>>54473865
Want some cheese with your whine princess? Play fucking blue or fuck off to standard, edh = blue
>>
>>54473865
Oh, and did you hear that it also has two modes? So even if you don't have 7 mana you can still bounce one thing to keep it from dead. Isn't that some sweet secret tech?
>>
>>54473897
Oh man, I didn't even know that. Why don't more people play this card?
>>
>>54473888
That's not what the discussion was about, so I take this as you conceding that you were wrong and never had a leg to stand on.
>>
what's a good mana base for a deck running a lot of low curve creatures? i'm not sure if i need to ramp so i can get everything out fast. it's anafenza hatebears with an early plan to hose control players.
>>
>>54473897
But its not mental misstep and cant counter a turn 1 serra ascendant on the draw
>>
File: 1491540445360m.jpg (15KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491540445360m.jpg
15KB, 1024x768px
>>54473888
Imagine being this much of a cunt.
>>
>>54473914
mono anafenza or tri color anafenza?
>>
>>54473852
Literally any deck that that would be good in, no one would pitch any mana for.

Nekusar? Niv? Kruphix? Good luck with any other players contributing to their own loss.
>>
>>54473937
abzan
>>
>>54473586
Not other guys you are talking to comparing it to a wrath, but it's value as a tempo card depends a lot on how much of a board opponents have. If your opponents play lots of permanents and everything is on the board since turn one and nothing has been removed? It looks insane, and maybe that's the meta your used to. But that isn't everyones meta. In many, the board gets wrathed at least once every 3 turns or so, and the card looks more like a situational time warp than an actual wrath, especially since all your creatures get their etbs again. When I play and want to win with combat (which is most of the time, I like playing that way) I have to build my decks with outs to wraths, and since shit like terminus, merciless eviction, rift, and toxic deluge are probably more common than a normal wipe like wrath of god you have to build your deck with outs to them. It could be ghostway style shit, or saccing and bringing back your guys with living death, floating mana and flashing creatures in after, counterspells, whatever.

We live in an age of new board wipes, adapt negro. Dauntless escort won't save you. Use different cards that avoid rift.
>>
>>54473908
CRift is blue just like I hope your kids turn out after they get sids
>>
File: c14_ghoulcallergisa_karlaortiz.jpg (99KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
c14_ghoulcallergisa_karlaortiz.jpg
99KB, 1200x878px
>>54473888
>edh = blue

I disagree. EDH is for Black!
>>
>>54473897
>So even if you don't have 7 mana you can still bounce one thing to keep it from dead
You better mean "to keep it from being a dead card", or you apparently like bouncing enemy stuff to help them. Not that I don't use it that way for politics occasionally.
>>
>>54473964
Yo I wanna FUCK that Ghoulcaller.
>>
>>54473951
>in many (metas), the board gets wrathed once every three turns

Fucking citation required. Cyclonic Rift isn't literally the second most played card in its colors because its not good in most metas. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>54473948
if your curve is that low I would say start off with 34 and include all the relevant signets + abzan banner and test from there. might need a couple more, might be able to trim a couple out. you're in green so you might as well ramp a little with things like cultivate for nice mana fixing. For actually figuring out what specific lands to run use one of the links in OP
>>
File: A-human-skull.jpg (39KB, 867x574px) Image search: [Google]
A-human-skull.jpg
39KB, 867x574px
>>54473587
>>54473607
>>54473765
you think this is a game
>>
Urborg+kormus bell+ cyclonic rift

Everyones board is now their hand
>>
>>54474024
>>
>>54473940
And even if they don't, I can still get what I want out of it. I can usually goad someone into doing it because they think they might draw an answer to whatever I'm doing. Spoiler: they never do
>>
>>54474025
>The swamps still count as lands
>>
>>54474025
Kormus Bell makes them 1/1s in addition to being lands. They don't bounce from rift.
>>
File: 3omkoBV.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
3omkoBV.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>54473914

Focus on mono white hate bears up to 4 cmc, say have about 12-16. Then chuck in Birthing Pod with a good set 5+ cmc creatures that close games / combo off, have about 6-10. But taper off on the higher end CMCs

Make one of those creatures Odric and have a couple of value keyword creatues in your deck - ie, Baneslayer Angel, Oketra and Nylea.

Run exile enchantment + artifact spells, about 10.

Run stuff like Godsend, The Sword of X and Y cycle and Sword of the Animist from CommDamage wins, about 5.

Run 34 lands + Sol Ring + Chromatic Lantern.

Fill the rest with meta tech.

Be hated on by friends, yet still manage to do well.

Source: Built the same deck and do well at local events with it, been my main deck for about a year and a half now.

Christian, I swear to god if this is you trying to build my deck: I'll be legit mad.
>>
>>54473955
Won't change you being an enormous cock who can't understand why people have fun. Also because you have to change the argument entirely to have any solid ground to stand on.
>>
>>54473964
I wanna kissa the Gisa.
>>
>>54472420

You can just have a bunch of infinite combos and/or azami in your deck.
>>
>>54472296
>triggered over one life
I hope this is bait, here's your (You)
>>
>>54473977
Why not both? See? CRift is such a flexible card. Why aren't more people running it?

>>54473991
You'd be surprised. Not him, but boardwipes get thrown around like candy in my meta because people like to keep go-wide strategies hosed. I feel bad for the two token players.
>>
File: hot_dog.jpg (63KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
hot_dog.jpg
63KB, 636x448px
>>54474127
>>
>>54474127
Mate, that's pasta that gets posted every thread.
>>
>>54474129
I understand that can be the case for some people's metas. But your statement wasn't pulling a baseless statistic out of your ass nor was it insinuating the staplest of color staples is a mediocre to bad card in the average meta/game
>>
>>54474005
>>54474084
thanks sempais. i'm using the tcc video as a base. the issue is deciding what to cut and having excess when i can play over half my deck with about 4 lands
>>
>>54473624
It's good in my Baron Sengir mono B vampire tribal deck.

Well, I mean, "good" is subjective.
>>
>>54473710
Are you me?
I'm just going to make a tiny leader Geist deck and bash people with Angel tokens...
>>
>>54474186
I'm not advocating for the other anon's point. I'm just saying that there do exist metas like that.
>>
File: 1479981974633.jpg (131KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1479981974633.jpg
131KB, 485x458px
>>54474209
>tiny leader
>>
>>54474192
the professors manabase videos tend to play it VERY safe in regards to manabase. It's better to err on the side of too much land than too little, but the specifics of each individual deck can heavily influence a manabase
>>
>>54473879
It's pretty fucking lame, certain colors don't have playable removal for lands/enchants and while relying on generals is a bad thing, the game already has a punishment for that in the form of the commander tax.
>>
>>54474209
>>54474230
Just looked it up. Do people actually play this garbage? It sounds worse than Pauper.
>>
>>54474192
See >>54474276

I run 36 sources in >>54474084 because 5 lands is all I need to cast the majority of my deck, the rest I'll just BPod into or cast Mirari's Wake to get Double mana.
>>
>>54474333
It's mostly people who want to convince themselves that Shu Yun is good.
>>
>>54474333
No they don't which is what >>54474230 was implying.
>>
>>54474353
I'm Geist anon, and Ile admit I meant it as an actual small dinky commander, opposed to like brago who does what he does more efficiently. Tiny leaders as a format looks like garbage.
>>
>>54473424
Eh, imo CRift is just one of those cards that every color has that is ridiculously good, pretty much irregardless of overall deck strat.

I see what you mean about CRift having an asymmetrical effect for cheaper than other colors can field, but keep in mind that it's just a momentary solution; against a lot of decks it's merely a 1-turn freeze.
>>
>>54473318
Scientists can be in any colour, but learning for the sake of learning leans heavily blue.
>>
>>54474298
Black is the only one with a really big issue with enchantments, and it usually doesn't need its commander to work.
Blue has counters and can bounce.
Green has plenty of enchantment removal.
White has a decent amount.
Red has some, but it mostly specializes in killing artifacts when it comes to removal. It especially hurts for red because they usually thrive on their unique generals.

This is of course only if you play mono-color. Adding even one color (unless its Rakdos colors, then you're fucked) gives you plenty of removal options. And commander tax doesn't really bother some colors very much. Sometimes locking out a general is the smart play. It doesn't prevent them from playing, it just means they need to have a backup plan.
>>
>>54474333
Pauper is actually fun. Don't compare it to a dead meme format.
>>
I really want to play a U/R chaos deck. I've pretty much already got a decklist, but I don't know which commander I want to use. Are there any suggestions?
>>
>>54474592
Melek comes to mind. Copying all your spells means double the chaos
>>
>>54474592
>U/R chaos
The first thing to give in to chaos must be you yourself. Let Arjun rule your hand.
>>
>>54474592
Related to this guy's request, could the guy that did all the various guild commander options to that for Izzet? Those were pretty nicely done.
>>
>>54474592
Melek is fun, since you get to double cast stuff and get around Possibility Storm while everyone else deals with it fully.
>>
>>54474592
boy, you fucking BETTER be running a Chaosphere
>>
File: IMG_8915.jpg (56KB, 750x1006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8915.jpg
56KB, 750x1006px
>>54471925

why can't wizards give merfolk game enders or token generators or comander support to merfolk tribal
:(
>>
>>54474736
Merfolk have Jori En, Noyan Dar, Sygg River Cutthroat, Sygg River Guide, Vorel, Talrand, and Zegana, plus Thrasios to use partners and expand your colors. Shut up forever.
>>
File: Image-5.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-5.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>54474298
Nice forest you have there, Anon
>>
>>54474186
I never did either of those things though. Stop making shit up. I said that there are many metas with lots of wraths. Not did I ever insinuate that it was bad, just not a ban worthy super card.

You are the one pulling baseless statistics out of your ass. You literally cannot prove that it's the second most played card in the format, only that there are a lot of people putting the card in tapped out decklists, which has no correlation with how many actually get played. I could make a million decks with storm crow in them (or more realistically, set up bots to do it for me). It wouldn't prove a damn thing about the power level of storm crow or how often it gets played.

Stop outright lying and using fallacies. More importantly, git gud.
>>
File: laughingizzet.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
laughingizzet.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>54473847
>watching the two of you bounce back and forth when the real answer is outside your colors
>>
>>54474845
>being this autismo over statistics in a childrens card game
Go get mom to bake you some more tendies
>>
>>54474997
>Being this assblasted over being told to git gud

Take your (you), it's the only thing left for you here
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
108KB, 223x311px
>>54474994
Woops, I accidentally your counter
>>
>>54475021
>Confusing me for the person you have been arguing with for the last 2 hours
Wew lad, better reply again, I know your crippling mental handicap wont let me have the last word, fishing for retards should be an olypmic sport
>>
>>54475063
>>Confusing me for the person you have been arguing with for the last 2 hours
>Implying that I was part of that argument
>Implying that your levels of MAD could not be used to power through eastern seaboard

:^)
>>
Thinking of making an Ayli/Karlov deck
>>
File: blerr.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
blerr.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54475044
I like that trick show me again
>>
>>54475091
>finding out in an edh thread that you actually have assburgers because you cant read into what people are saying, assuming they are mad over nothing when they simply pointed out how it was you who was mad
Please reply again to prove my point further and keep making a fool of yourself
>>
>>54475130

>>
>>54475149
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54475102
Sure.
>>
File: 73.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
Both of you shut the fuck up already and talk about some children's trading cards.
>>
File: cdc.jpg (45KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
cdc.jpg
45KB, 546x366px
>>54475217
>mindbreak trap
>>
File: unknown.png (1MB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
1MB, 745x1040px
>>54475246
>>
>>54471896
Edric and yisan are pretty cheap, as long as he doesn't want to play cedh. Zada and talrand are linear but budget.
>>
File: 1498491628111.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498491628111.gif
1MB, 480x360px
So this shit just happened
>play finely tuned breya against sliver queen, animar, and a totally not netdecked brago
>game starts sorta slow but it gets more tensed as it feels like everyone is racing to get their combo out
>get both ashnod's altar and eldrazi displacer out and ask if there are any responses which nobody says they do so I proceed to combo out
>brago flips his shit I should've stated I had a infinite combo and tells me to go back so hecan cast swan song to counter the altar
>altar doesn't get because invalid target so he just grumbles about me being a cheater trying to sneak a win
>ask once again if there is any response, still no replies so continue the combo
>animar goes oh shit I have a response and does cyclonic rift targetting displacer
The game then proceeded for another 2 hours with both animar and brago bitching about infinite combos being unfair after their attempts of casting ancestral statue and strionic resonator respectively until me and sliver queen scoop when they can't decide how to handle zegana being bounced by a capsize and start arguing with each other, specifically if you still got the draw off zegana. Not mad about them disrupting me as shit happens but is it fucking hard to look at your hand and determine if you have an answer?
>>
>>54474552
Black is good at generating a lot of mana very quickly, so you can also just rely on Karn, Ugin, and Scour if you really need to.
>>
File: 1487803163273.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1487803163273.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>54475285
>brago flips his shit I should've stated I had a infinite combo and tells me to go back so hecan cast swan song to counter the altar
Isn't part of this entire game making judgment calls based on unknown information? What the hell is the point otherwise?

>Actually, since now that I know you have [Y], I'll counter your [X]
>>
>>54475285
>specifically if you still got the draw off zegana

You do. In a situation where the characteristics of a permanent would be checked and that permanent has left the battlefield, you use its last known values.
>>
>>54475285
>Animar bitching about combos
>>
>>54473137

the fact that contraptions will never be a real mechanic is incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>54475336
>>54475362
Its not like I didn't announce the cards I was playing and don't care if people ask to see it to see what it does but yeah even sliver bro was aware of the combo. I feel like brago was just salty because he didn't win a single game.

>>54475337
I didn't stick around to give input, everyone was getting tense and I felt it was better to get the hell out of there.
>>
>>54475285
>Brago can't read his own cards and doesn't understand simple rules stuff like last known values

Tell him he's retarded, next time you get a chance.
>>
I NEED EDGAR
I WANT MARDU VAMPIRE TRIBAL
>>
>>54475336
Some people, mostly casual scum , seem to forget this is suppose to be a game at all.
>>
File: 1480926046607.jpg (169KB, 902x698px) Image search: [Google]
1480926046607.jpg
169KB, 902x698px
>>54475635
I just wish they'd show the fucking lists already so I know what's safe to and not to buy. It'll feel fucking bad if I upgrade my Kaalia manabase from Anthology just to find out the Mardu Vamps included a bunch of good lands, or pay out for some dragons for them to get reprinted too. And who the fuck knows what's in the cleric/wizard(?) deck. Maybe there are some good demons in that.
The only thing that feels safe to buy are the angel part of it.
>>
>>54475717
>a bunch of good lands

Just look at the manabases from previous Commander series. You're not going to see Fetches or Shocks, so feel free to get that kind of stuff.
>>
>>54472420
I was think of making a deck with Sygg, River Guide as the commander and add that one combo that another anon suggested where he uses the enchantments Decree of Silence and Solemnity to basically lock out any kind of retaliation or creature summon.
>>
>>54475862
Why bother with Sygg? That sounds a lot more like a Grand Arbiter Augustin deck.
>>
>>54473754
Would go well with Jace's Erasure or Sphinx Tutelage or that one card that basically makes your target player mill two cards for every card that you draw.
>>
>>54475885
True, but people would be aiming me the moment I bring out Augustine.
>>
>>54473964
>>54473986
>>54474123
gianna
>>
If you were to control someones turn and someone else exiles that persons Commander, can you choose not to have it go to the Command Zone and stop that person from having their commander the rest of the game?
>>
File: 12480358328626.png (675KB, 879x647px) Image search: [Google]
12480358328626.png
675KB, 879x647px
>>54473261
>This spider monkey
Muh DICK
>>
File: 1489190406210.jpg (24KB, 233x447px) Image search: [Google]
1489190406210.jpg
24KB, 233x447px
>>54472681
If I'm going through the trouble of making each of my opponents discard a card, I want to draw at least that many cards, get an amount of black mana, maybe a few zombies, I want their ancestors' spirits to do my nails and hair, and I want them to discard another card
>>
>>54471169
I'll try to avoid any two card infinite combo, 3 if one of the 3 is my commander. Also any card over like 30$ if the reason it is $30 is that it is strong as fuck. Like I will run a damnation in my deck still.
>>
File: bugs.png (107KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.png
107KB, 300x369px
>>54472132
If you build a worm deck will you use this for your sleeves?
>>
>>54473520
>>54473565
It's amazing how memesters on the internet can come up with better parody cards than Maro himself.

Emracool comes to mind.
>>
File: 1475040690612.jpg (88KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1475040690612.jpg
88KB, 660x495px
>>54473261
>crossbreeds aren't UG
>>
File: 1494133290852.jpg (60KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1494133290852.jpg
60KB, 500x370px
>>54475285
>Animar and Brago complaining about combos
God this is pottery on an other level
>>
>>54476974
That would be more appropriate on a Locust God deck tbqhwyf
>>
>>54471459

None, I'm a huge faggot, and put all kinds of degenerate stuff in my decks. But I make it up by being an enjoyable player to play against.
>>
File: il_570xN.600702206_i2zz.jpg (73KB, 570x666px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.600702206_i2zz.jpg
73KB, 570x666px
Is there a way to make a budget variant of this Storm deck where I only spend £150?
>>
File: yugioh card.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh card.png
180KB, 265x370px
Any of you guys buy the masterpiece/invocations for beloved EDH cards you run? My buddy recently bought a invocation doomsday and I pulled a locust god invocation which is super convenient since I'm currently building that.
>>
>>54478230
I've got
>Expedition Godless Shrine
>Invention Sculpting Steel
>Invention Duplicant

I wasn't especially drawn to any of the Invocations.
>>
>>54478230
i pulled a blood moon invocation from a fat pack and immediately sold it. invocations/masterpieces/inventions are stupid
>>
If I buy my cards from seemingly good sellers on eBay, what are the chances of having counterfeits in my collection across hundreds of cards?
>>
File: 1484562689584.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484562689584.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>54478481
>not waiting at least a year for prices to inflate and sell it at 150%-200% of what you got by selling it immediatly
>>
>new to edh
>not very good at deckbuilding in general
>spending 170 euros on a deck
boy i hope this deck's gonna work
>>
>>54478630
>waiting a year for an extra 40-80 dollars

ya no thanks, id rather have cards i actually want now
>>
>>54478630
Not him, but the market is so flooded with expeditions that you need to wait atleast 5 years to see any return.
>>
>>54478630
>prices getting inflated on masterpieces
Yeah, no. They're just gonna get lower and are at peak value while people are still blinded by the hype
>>
>>54478662
>eur
Inshallah habibi
>>
>>54478662
are you me
>>
>>54478662
shouldnt you be fellating a migrant instead of playing magic?
>>
>>54478770
>getting this mad over currency that has some kind of value
>>
>>54478769
Dunno, Kaladesh masterpieces are at 150-160% of their original value right now
>>
>>54478789
Only the cards truelly sought after in constructed play (Explosives, Opal, Chalice, etc.). And Sol Ring.

BFZ ones are still around their starting price, except for Horizon Canopy - for the same reason.
>>
>>54478770
>>54478775
this is why i prefer europe over the states
>>
>>54478789
>implying that applies to all of them and not just the few that are actually played, while rest of them cost nothing
>>
>>54471169
Extra turns. Infinite combos. Mindslaver effects. Cards over 10$. I also don't like to run too much counterspells even though one of my decks is Arcanis the Impotent.

All of my decks have only a few cards over 3$ and I keep winning games against decks with much higher priced decks. I also tend to not run infect. But I just added Tainted Strike to a few of my decks because they are easy win usually.
>>
Can someone explain the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Liliana, Heretical Healer sym?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (24KB, 390x376px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
24KB, 390x376px
>>54478970
>infect in commander
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54479043
not that guy but i kinda wanna add pic related for my deck.. but for now i think craterhoof behemoth and overwhelming stampede is good enough
>>
>>54474298
Literally every colour can deal with it. B/R destroy lands, U bounces, G/W destroy enchantments. Don't have any of that shit? Then politik better faggot.
>>
>>54475717
The same happens to me with the Goblins vs Merfolks duel deck
>>
when is commander 2017 spoiler week starting?
>>
>>54479190
Could be tomorrow, could be 3 weeks from now.

No official announcement yet.
>>
>>54478230
I have a masterpiece Chalice of the Void that I don't even use.
>>
>>54479190
One or two weeks before launch.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>54478230
i have an extraplanar lens but im not sure which deck to put it in.
>>
>>54479028
There isn't one.
>>
>>54478230
I pulled a Damnation and i play a lot of decks with black in it
>>
>>54479043
if the enemy has infinite life comboes in his decks or plays a stax deck then I think I'm allowed to include Tainted Strike in my black decks.

I didn't use them in my previous playgroup because we agreed that it's shit.
>>
File: Leeches.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Leeches.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54479043
>>
>>54479288
Mono red x costs, Neheb as commander
>>
>>54479345
But then again we didn't include infinite combos either.
>>
>>54479529
>>54479529
>>54479529

New thread is up.
>>
>>54476328
Yes, you make all choices for them.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.