[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 57

File: Glottkin4.png (918KB, 660x863px) Image search: [Google]
Glottkin4.png
918KB, 660x863px
content drought everlasting edition

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread: >>54385966
>>
File: Settra.jpg (320KB, 1000x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Settra.jpg
320KB, 1000x1283px
First for the One True King.
>>
>>54450342
Tomb Kings re-release when?
>>
>>54450405
>Tomb Kings re-release when?
probably never. Not trying to be mean, but don't want to lie to you either.
>>
>>54450421
A man can hope, even when he knows it will never come true
>>
File: 630eecd14845ed9875588ad2854bbebf.jpg (156KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
630eecd14845ed9875588ad2854bbebf.jpg
156KB, 1000x649px
>>54450405
I could see a surprise Battletome about them, actually

So many cool models and characters
>>
>>54450446
I would really like to see them get a re-release, particularly since they had a much cooler, more unique aesthetic than the mostly-generic undead designs of Vampire Counts, and Settra is one of my favorite characters from WHFB.

But I'm not holding out hope that it'll happen. If it does, though, I'll be very happy and jump right on it.
>>
>>54450163
I don't know, man. Skirmish and Path to Glory seems to be what players have been asking for, other than the obvious battletomes of course. I don't think they are a joke waste of time/money.
>>
>>54450446
right, all of that is true. But it only caters to people who already own the models, since GW doesn't sell them anymore.
>>
In the previous thread there was some talk about the difference between Godbeasts and the constellation gods or zodiacal monsters and so far, from what I've read. they seem to be synonymous.
>>
File: Deities Mortal Realms.png (9KB, 714x127px) Image search: [Google]
Deities Mortal Realms.png
9KB, 714x127px
Here's the list of gods in AoS so far.
>>
>>54450986
I have no idea about that topic, but now I'm interested lol
>>
>>54450342
>Settra is Skull Knight
>Archaon is Griffith
>Other Chaos Gods are God Hand
Who shall be Guts & Zodd?
>>
I don't know much about them only known some details. Also I forgot to update that image with Khaine and Y'ulea.

Hydragos and Chimerac were introduced at the same as Dracothion, but not much else is known about them. Hydragors, the Guardians of the Realmgates to Shyish that were slain by Sigmar, are probably the children of Hydragos. They might've held Nagash imprisoned too.

Drakatoa, the living avalanche of amber, held Gorkamorka imprisoned in it's body, so I think that's also a godbeast.

It's kinda implied that Grimnir and Grugni were held by the Volc-Giants, which I think might be related to another godbeast.

This gives me the impression that before Sigmar came the godbeasts were actively suppressing the Incarnates.
>>
>>54451292
>Who shall be Guts & Zodd?

Fuck, I like the idea but I'm not able to tell tho
>>
>>54451292
Zodd would be Ka'Banda or another high ranking Bloodthrister.
>>
So no Tomb Kings re-release? Damn that sucks
>>
>>54451004
>no Hashut
>>
File: IMG_6588.jpg (174KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6588.jpg
174KB, 1191x670px
PLASTIC GREAT UNCLEAN ONE WNEN?????
>>
so where can I find some decent fluff on Hallowed Knights? I just started painting some SCE in their scheme since silver is obviously better than gold, but wanted to know more about them
>>
>>54454586
Has far as i'm aware Hashut hasn't appeared in any Age of Sigmar lore.
>>
>>54455232
Check out the Mortarch of Night audiodramas, starting with Prisoner of the Black Sun. The Hallowed Knights play a central role in that series.

They're in one of the megas, if you don't have the money free.
>>
Anyone know if the new Perturabo book is any good?
>>
>>54456310
oops wrong thread
>>
>>54450221
So is the AoS Grimnir the original or is it Gotrek?
>>
>>54456427
Its probably an memory/echo of Grimnir that was brought back by Mallus hatred.
>>
>>54450439
Stop hoping already. They're dead, dead and triple dead. Your chance to mourn was many months ago, and you're still in denial.
>>
>>54451004
Needs more minor deities. Where's my manaan equivalent?
>>
I know the hope is eventual battletomes for every faction, but I kind of doubt they will make every faction capable of fielding a full, legal, all in faction army. They will make them capable of being the focus of your army, but not fully your army. Two factions as an example would be Ironweld Arsenal and Troggoths. In the case of Ironweld, I would expect more warmachines and maybe a new hero, but not a battleline choice of any kind. And then for Troggoths, maybe new troggoth types and possibly a battleline in the form of newly spawned troggoths or a hero in the same vein as Throgg but not all of them at once. These armies would exist to primarily bring variety to armies that are lacking what they bring to the table.
>>
>>54456933
They should just make a legions of reclamation battletome for free peoples and have several of the sub-factions in it.
>>
>>54455377

Really enjoyed that one. Gave SCE a good deal more personality than I expected.
>>
>>54451292
Better question is who'd be the most beloved character from Berserk, BIG DICK BAZUSO
>>
>>54456933
Troggoths need a troll hero and a bigga troll. Maybe some weedier trolls as battleline but that's it
>>
>>54456933
It would be nice to have "Battle tome supplements". Tiny books for tiny factions. Perhaps giving them conditional advantages and battalions? Not to mention some juicy lore too.
>>
>>54457423
That is exactly what I am thinking of.
>>
>>54457376
On the topic of troggoths, I feel they need one more wound than they currently have. Four wounds makes them tough, but not tough enough imo. They don't need a better save or automatic d3 regen, just 5 wounds rather than 4
>>
>>54457515
I mean, they just seem to crumple before that tasty regen ever gets to show up in every game I have used them in, especially Skirmish
>>
>>54456546
Does this mean that Gotrek is still killing daemons even now?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 225x350px
>>54457312
But anon, pic related is the most loving & beloved.
>>
>Fyreslayers Start Collecting

So it begins.
>>
File: 2017-07-22.png (145KB, 632x211px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-22.png
145KB, 632x211px
Oh wow.

Too bad these SC battalions don't have any points.
>>
>>54459602
They should finally add point values to these battalions
>>
>>54458194
still waiting for free people, ælves and dispossessed starter sets
>>
Anybody got their hands on path to glory as a pdf or equivalent? Would love to check it out.
>>
Anybody got their hands on path to glory as a pdf or equivalent? Would love to see if its worth getting the physical copy.
>>
If GW was making a free peoples/freeguild SC box, what should be in it?

My thoughts:
20 freeguild guard, 5 demigryphs and a general on griffon.
>>
File: Dwarfs (1).jpg (94KB, 741x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfs (1).jpg
94KB, 741x960px
>>54461507
That'd be nice

And for what >>54460514 says

>Dispossesed
20 duardin warriors, 20 thunderers a cannon, a Duardin Lord, and maybe 10 hammerers.

Aelves is quite hard since they are 3 different kinds all merged together, so I would honestly make 3 different boxes, one for each.
>>
>>54461583
>That much stuff in a SC

You'll take your ten Longbeards, Gyrocopter, Dwarf Lord and nothing else. And you'll like it.
>>
>>54461583
That's wayyyy too much for a SC box. They never exceed twice their value.
>>
>>54461603
Gyro is ironweld arsenal now. It'd look more like a warden king, 16 warriors (if pre-rebox, 20 if post-rebox), 10 longbeards and maybe 10 irondrakes.
>>
>>54461629
>>54461603
Reading it again it's true lol
Maybe It would be more like this

>10 Hammers
>5 Thunderers
>Gyrocopter/Gyrobomber
>Lord
>>
did the path to glory book get uploaded yet?
>>
File: 1457998449474.png (74KB, 812x879px) Image search: [Google]
1457998449474.png
74KB, 812x879px
whats the sigmar equivalent of pic related?
>>
Still looking, if anyone's selling one.
>>
>>54462160
Mmmmm

Probably something related with Deathrattle or at least Summoning.
>>
>>54461583
> I would honestly make 3 different boxes, one for each
What about
>SC box for high aelves to round up the Spire of Dawn aelf half
>Forest aelves in new starter set
>Big box for edgy aelves like Icewind Assault for Beastclaw Raiders and SC box in the future
>>
I recently Bought "Skyrmish" and I'm feeling forward to play, but I have an important question

¿For playing do I need the "General's Handbook" or I'm already good to go?
>>
>>54462982
>General's Handbook

Is mainly based on campaings and history based matches with big armies, while Skirmish focuses on really small forces.

They are totally independant from each other. The handbook does have a point sistem, but Skirmish does too, so you don't need it at all for what you want.
>>
How would you guys build ~1500 points of either Tzeentch/Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch/Slaanesh, or Slaanesh/Slaves to Darkness. I am torn between what I want to play and I like the idea of all of them.
>>
>>54463918
>Slaanesh/Slaves to Darkness
The combo Lord on Daemonic Steed + Chaos Knights with spears is amazing. I would definitely start from there.
>>
>>54464299
Where’s the best place to grab the Lord? Seems to be out of stock online.

Also what about other battleline, because the knights wouldn’t count anymore right?
>>
Is there any point to starting wanderers? I've always liked the look of them, but they seem tricky to collect/play at this point.
I was looking in the app and it seems they gave the wanderers keyword to several things that didn't have it before. Like glade riders, the non-hero waywatchers, mounted lord, etc. In the GHB, those units are still listed as wood elves not wanderers. Do you think this might be fixed in GHB2?
I want to make a wanderer cavalry army because it would be cool, but right now it's a mess to deal with in terms of matched play.
Much of the line is OOP, so I don't want to shell out tons on eBay or buy a bunch of shit to convert if it's not going to be valid anymore.

[spoilers] I want to make them desert themed brown elves to match my khorne army. Pic semi related.[/spoiler]
>>
>>54465309
>Is there any point to starting wanderers?
They look cool, you like their aesthetic. You want to play an army few others do.

Don't worry about an army's competitiveness, because that generally comes later. We may see some good adjustments to them with GHB2.

A desert theme does sound cool btw. Like they were forest elves, but the age of chaos stripped their forests and they had to survive the hundreds of years in the inhospitable deserts.
>>
In need of advice for a fluffy sigmarine defense list.

1500 points bunker list.

1 castellant with gryph pup
1 relictor
1x 10 liberators
2x 5 bow judicators
2x 3 raptors with longstrike bowguns
2x 5 protectors

its for a mini tournament. Aim of my list isnt to win, just survive against the onslaught
>>
>>54465505
Oh I'm not worried about competitiveness. This army will probably be bad. But that's not the point.
I'm more worried about the actual validity of an army list. For example, in the current GHB, glade riders are under the compendium section as wood elves, they're battle line, and their minimum size is 8 models for 200 pts. But in the app, they have the WANDERER keyword and a minimum size of 5. I just don't know if GHB2 will reflect those changes. If it doesn't, is the new warscroll still battle line? How many points is it? Or do I need to use the old version in matched play?
I mean a reasonable opponent would let me still play them as battle line and could agree that if 8 are 200 pts, then 5 are worth 125 pts, but buying and building an army on the assumption I'll always be playing reasonable people seems risky.
This is important because I want an all mounted army because I like the theme of fast desert raider elves. This means glade riders, sisters of the thorn, wild riders, and mounted heroes. I want to avoid infantry battle line if possible.
>>
File: SS-minis3.jpg (595KB, 1500x1279px) Image search: [Google]
SS-minis3.jpg
595KB, 1500x1279px
http://www.lasvegasopen.net/shop/fne10toeati25kavssgodv0pmzx1w7

So we know nearly nothing about the game but the tournament is already announced
>>
>>54466213
Fuck I want to know more about this game. The minis look awesome, but we really need a release date and price.
>>
>>54466213
It's a smart move. The LVO is big for GW, and they want their game played on it and they know ticket sales are going on right now. It would be stupid of them to wait, The game will be out before the end of the year, and the LVO is in february. So people will get a chance to collect, paint, and play their teams before the tournie.
>>
>>54462160
That image breathes joy into my miserable existence
>>
>>54465601
youve got most of an aetherstrike force there
>>
so how can I melt super glue without fucking up the models?

Get some tzaangors in a trade and the guy built them in the worst loadout I can think of: 7 paired savage blades, 2 greatblades and 1 mutant.

He put them together well so I can't really wedge anything in there to separate the pieces
>>
>>54467186
>so how can I melt super glue without fucking up the models?
Freeze them. Stick them in your freezer and get it as cold as you possibly can. Superglue becomes really brittle when frozen and can be chipped off.
>>
File: 711aImTp7BL__SX522_.jpg (14KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
711aImTp7BL__SX522_.jpg
14KB, 522x522px
>>54467186
good luck
>>
Any cheap alternatives for round bases other than GW? They're pretty EXPENSIVE at 54 per 100 a pop
>>
>>54467378
Aliexpress or LGSs?
>>
I really want gamesworkshop to update lizardmen to look like the ones ca are doing in warhammer 2
>>
would i be a dirty hipster if i started a chaos dwarfs army ?
>>
>>54468002
Playing AoS makes you a dirty hipster mate
>>
>>54456581
Probably will come with the new RPG.
>>
Anyone play some brand of Ogres with Moonclan?
>>
>>54468512
I plan on mixing some Ironguts and Leadbelchers into my Moonclan force if that counts. What's up?
>>
>>54463918
Tzeentch StD are pretty legit. Army wide -1 Rend from Fatesworn Warband shores up one of the main weaknesses and a Lord on Daemonic Mount with Paradoxical Shield is jokes.
Add in big blocks of Marauders with a 5+/6++/6++ from the battalion and Warshrine, and backed up by the likes of Sorcerer Lord and Gaunt Summoner makes for a decently competitive army.
Destiny dice are also very nice, especially with Gorebeast Chariots to ensure the doubling of attacks that all have Rend -1.
It's not going to be a tournament list meta-buster, but it'll serve you well in casual-competitive games.
>>
>>54468002
As long as you paint better than that faggot from a few months ago.
Always shoving his shit painted dwarves down our throats.
Did a fucking unboxing thread. Ruined Chaos dwarves reputation with his shit
>>
>>54467378
Lots and lots of chinese sellers on ebay. Just search like "25(or whatever size you need)mm miniature base" and you'll find a bunch
>>
>>54468002
If you bought exclusively big hat vintage sculpts and painted them in bright primary reds and yellows that would be sort of hipstery
>>
So what's Bretonnia like in the gameplay department?
>>
>>54470116
I think they're fine, but GW doesn't sell them anymore, so good luck making an army of them :c
>>
>>54470396
I'm not worried. Fireforge Games has some alright historical minis that fills all the core units. It's also fun to convert my own stuff.
>>
>>54470463
There's the fan made battletome Deus Vult on TGA that's reasonably well thought out, if a little basic. All it'd need is some polish and a few battalions to make it pretty decent.
>>
No Path to Glory pdf/epub yet?
>>
>>54471643
>No Path to Glory pdf/epub yet?
literally why? its a terrible cheap distraction instead of actual support for the game.
>>
>>54472029
fuck off. it's a supplement many players are asking for. GW can release books for the game and they don't all need to be battletomes. It's going over well for narrative players. Same for the skirmish book.
>>
File: A'edewarband.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
A'edewarband.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
'sup aosgen, long time no see.
been caught in 40k hype and haven't played aos in a long time
nor 40k actually, im not having a game from almost 6 months because I moved to a shithole and my lgs closed because Gw are assholes

So, im deciding to go back to my roots and expand my nurgle army.
this is what i have so far(plus 10 comverted Plague orcs but no one will ever let me play them. also they suck by themselves).
What should i get next?
My fav unit is probably the plague monks(killed a full Gordrakk in one turn once)but they die too fast, so i was thinking maybe more plaguebearers?

Also, I play as morbidex a heavily converted Araknarok spiders(not at home so no pics)
Would that be allowed in a tournament? I just want to play the model but its useless as an araknarock in a Nurgle Army(and also its modified to shit Nurglins from his belly)

Also: do we have any rumor on new Nurgle's releases? Im going to make an order at GW store but i want to order eveything at once, and I'm waiting ince dark imperium launched for those.
>>
>>54457705
Would Donovan be Slaanesh or Khorne?
>>
>>54472029
still mad your precious elves havent gotten their update yet? you dont have to take it out on the supplements, sheesh.
>>
>>54472571
Stormcast.
>>
>>54456933

I expect they'll place the smaller factions into larger ones similar to how Blades of Khorne and Disciples of Tzeentch work. So the battletome will be Dispossessed but you'd get further benefits of running an Ironweld Arsenal army.
>>
>>54450221
Do I need to swap square bases for round bases to play or not
>>
>>54477609

According to the basic rules no, you measure from the model rather than the base. No-one actually plays this way.

according to every casual game I've played and most tournaments you measure base to base. Any base that the model was released with or any modern equivalent (e.g. 20mm square to 25mm round) is fine.

Some tournaments do enforce round bases and current sizes (e.g. bloodletters must be on 32mm). This seems pretty rare though.

Basically, if you're playing a lot of tournaments I'd check with the TOs and it may be worth doing anyway but it's unlikely to be a problem.
>>
>>54477656
What about gluing them onto round bases, then magnetising that base to a square base
Or would fantasy shuttters complain about LoS changes
>>
>>54467959
Don't worry, they're already headed that way. Look at the Saurus oldblood on carny.
>>
>>54477987
Now only to wait forever for new basic lizards.
>>
>>54477813
Have never met anyone that would be an issue with. I'm sure they exist, but I've never met one.

I've got a few models on 25mm bases I've literally glued on top of 32s.
>>
>>54472029
Because tonnes of stores run build up your force as you go style campaigns. Those are fun.
>>
>>54451345
I can see that. Presumably the god beasts that didn't submit to Sigmar and his pantheon were slain, while the others joined or at least helped out the pantheon.
>>
bump for dead thred
>>
File: 123.jpg (90KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
90KB, 694x530px
>>
File: Storm-of-Sigmar.jpg (1MB, 2221x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Storm-of-Sigmar.jpg
1MB, 2221x2232px
I still have my unpainted storm of sigmar models. Is there any cheap way to turn them into skirmish warband? I thought that I can just buy a gorechosen box for khorne mortal synergy but I want to buy a box of bloodletters badly. Any way to run both daemons and mortals and don't turn out to be a shitty build?
>>
File: adrian_smith_skeleton_regiment.jpg (401KB, 1200x820px) Image search: [Google]
adrian_smith_skeleton_regiment.jpg
401KB, 1200x820px
Guys, I'm doubting about making a Deathrattle or Sylvaneth army

Wich are the most fun/enjoyable to play and collect?
>>
I want to get into AoS but I have a question regarding factions. Looking at the website, all the old WHFB factions seem to have broken down into lots of smaller faction, like Darkling Covens and whatnot.

Could I not just use a general Dark Elves force instead of having to use these seemingly limited subfactions?
>>
>>54483671
Yep you can mix all models together as long as they share a keyword like Order, so all dark elves can go together, in fact all elves can
>>
>>54483671
You can use whatever you want in your army as long as your units share the same GA keyword - chaos, order, destruction or death.
>>
>>54483651
Death shit just get reboxed so maybe we will see something fun for them in new GHB. I would pick the plant-things tho - they look neat as fuck, have tons of rules and you can just grab two start collecting boxes to have a lot of fun
>>
>>54483704
Sweet. Knowing that geedubs likes its power creep, are the legacy factions not disadvantages against the new AoS factions?
>>
>>54483671
In open play you can bring any models you want

In matched play you need to bring units within the same grand alliance
>>
>>54483743
Well, some are shit but on the other hand some are good. I'm running a non-pestilens skaven army and they are really fun to play with
>>
>>54478032
new saurus warriors that follow along more with the ancient aliens sci fi theme of kroq gar.

And then make em cross playable for 40k.

do it already GW! just fucking do it!
>>
File: IMG_3994.gif (1MB, 320x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3994.gif
1MB, 320x171px
>>54483651
Go with the rattle bones. We out door everything
>>
so has anyone tried painting Tzaangors in the same way duncan paints pink horror flesh?

As in; white primer, either blue glaze or ink, highlight with fenrisian grey and blue horror?

I want my tzaangors to be pale blue, almost white-blue
>>
File: spooky scary.gif (1013KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
spooky scary.gif
1013KB, 300x240px
>>54484324
>>54483740
I'll probably go with the skellies and with time maybe start a little Sylvaneth force to see if I like them
>>
File: triggering.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
triggering.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>>54483704
>>54483711
>>54483791
>not telling him that plan is a strictly for fluffy games way to build a list.

>>54483671
just because its possible doesn't make it a good idea. You'll be at a massive disadvantage against any army with its own battle-tome. The "mini-factions" are garbage traps and don't expect to be taking home any wins if you go that route.
>>
>>54484724
>The "mini-factions" are garbage traps

Mmmm Deathrattle could technically be considered one, but I assume you mean the really shitty ones such as "Devoted of Sigmar" for example

Or within Death, even Nighthaunt since theyr heroes don't do shit for them
>>
>>54484323
Any Squats yet?
>>
File: That's pretty Khornish.png (2MB, 1430x1430px) Image search: [Google]
That's pretty Khornish.png
2MB, 1430x1430px
>>54482963
Bump this, I know there must be at least one helpful khorne player here
>>
File: 6.jpg (224KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
224KB, 669x1000px
>>54485701
What do you need, fellow Khornate?
>>
>>54485732
An advice, Anon. I like both khorne daemons and mortals aesthetic so I would like to run a mixed warband but on the other hand it would be such a waste to not utilize the mortal synergy. Is there any way to run Blood warriors, Bloodreavers and Bloodletters in one warband and benefit of the khorne synergy? Maybe there is some khorne hero that buffs both daemons and mortals but I didn't notice it?
>>
>>54485859

Get a bloodsecrator. Its totem affects anything with the KHORNE keyword, mortal or demon.

gives and additional attack and you don't take battleshock tests
>>
>>54485859
Nope, mortal heroes do not buff demons, but you still can mix forces if you want to

Maybe doing half and half of the army with two heroes, demons and mortals respectively works

I'm only playing with mortals so far, but I'd like to get my hands into demons too
>>
Wait, why is my old empire army split into four different factions? Is it to keep me from getting these allegiance buff things and instead make me buy new models for new factions?
>>
>>54486125
>Maybe doing half and half of the army with two heroes, demons and mortals respectively works
Well, I don't really think if 50 renown would be enough to run such divided warband

>>54486113
Bloodsecrator will work fine I think - I don't know how could I miss him
>>
>>54486281
>50 renown
Oh, didn't know that

Yeah, I was thinking about a big army, but what >>54486113 suggested might be an awesome idea then
>>
>>54486281

yeah, bloodsecrator is pretty much mandatory in ANY khorne army in AoS, its THAT good. Its just slightly slower than the rest of your guys, so make sure you don't get too far ahead of him or you wont get the buffs
>>
>>54486362
Yeah, I see I will have to shield this guy with whatever I will put on the table. Now I have to do some math and see if there is a point of running khorne at all. I don't really want to buy anything over the bloodletters and this guy - just want to finally use these storm of sigmar models
>>
>>54486239
It's so they get fleshed out
As in 8th ed strigoi could only take
Ghoul king
Crypt ghouls
Crypt horrors
Terrorgheist
But with some love they could ride each other for cav
>>
>>54486239
tfw they squatted the useful empire artillery that everyone loved and kept the shitty artillery that was useless

t-thanks geedubs
>>
>>54487305
>hating on mortars
>>
>>54486239
Right now none of the old empire factions have allegiance buffs other than the ones for "Order", so you can still use them together without any trouble there.
>>
Does anyone have an epub or pdf of the new Path To Glory?
>>
File: 20170620_013423.jpg (999KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_013423.jpg
999KB, 2560x1536px
>>54485069
Only in our hopes and dreams, anon. And one sentence worth of mention in the 8e index.
>>
what happened to the massive pdf with all the scenarios?
>>
>>54493000
Dead
>>
File: 8101_f1_p.jpg (54KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
8101_f1_p.jpg
54KB, 499x500px
>>54493080
oh the most recent I have is uh 2.2

if anyone has anything newer than that, please share it

filedropper dot com slash aosbigbookrulesv22
>>
>>54486408
sounds good to me
>>
>>54487305
>kept the shitty artillery

Rockets are great tho.
>>
>>54489013

Yeah but in the future will they be like "left behind". Become relatively weaker?

Just asking because I got a dozen unopened boxes with empire minis and don't want to build and paint them if they are hopelessly underpowered by the time they're done.
>>
>>54496720
It's a bit up in the air at the moment. They wont be axed from the game, but it's hard to say if they'll get a proper upgrade.

The Free Guild really don't have a major role in the fluff of AoS. They're not really 'high fantasy' enough for the setting, so they just get pushed to the back.
>>
>>54496720
>if they are hopelessly underpowered by the time they're done.

hello anon, hate to be the one to tell you this, but they are already underpowered. Factions with their own battle-tome are demonstrably better on the table than those without. You'll be at a disadvantage and that disadvantage will only grow over time. Every new release is measurably more powerful than every single other that came before it.
>>
Say, it's been a couple of days. Has anyone picked up the new rulebook? I wanna see the contents
>>
Hey, first post here, be nice hahah..

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for starting a wanderers/wood elves and stormcast combined army since I have a cool idea for a good paint scheme/theme for such an army, but no idea how to make it tactically sound.

I currently only own thunder and blood and storm of sigmar.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
>>
>>54498574
Well, From someone that knows dick all about either, my gut says elves with bows, stormcasts with the beats up front, but I'll look more into the statlines. I have no books of those types though and mainly play destruction, so I'm of limited help here
>>
>>54498073

I'm used to having an underpowered army. Just want to have at least 25% chance of winning at least.
>>
>>54498598
Thanks for your reply bud, that honestly sounds like a pretty good idea. I'd probably want to include some cavalry too just because they are such pretty models.
>>
>>54497877

Thing is I'm toying around with different ideas for all my minis and feel like it is absolutely possible to build an army that fits nicely in the AoS setting.

Griffons, demigryphs, steam tanks, war altar, luminark... and really colourful uniforms on the old state troops with a few flavorful conversions here and there..
>>
>>54498673
From what I can tell, sisters of the watch seem really good, and glade guard seem like a really good bulk archer unit. As for cavalry, sisters of the thorn look really good, and despite not looking the best, dracoth riders seem decent
>>
>>54498799
Okay! Mind me asking what you'd reccomend I should buy first for wood elves?
>>
>>54498918
No sadly. I'd suggest looking at all your hero options (and I do mean all of them, even non SCE and wanderers) and picking one to be your general. find a useful command ability
>>
I just realized that ranged weapons can be used in the shooting phase even if enemy models are right on top of you. That's correct right? And then you can use the melee weapons of the same units in the combat phase after.

I really need to forget all about older rulessystems. Some things I just take for granted that they can't be done.
>>
>>54497877
The thing with Freeguild, though, is that they're one of the most referenced legacy armies when it comes to the lore. They have a starting role in City of Secrets, a central role in the upcoming Spear of Shadows, and were mentioned a couple of times in the timeline of the recent Stormcast battletome.

It seems like GW isn't as ready to give up on them like some of the other older factions, but they are in a pretty weird state.
>>
File: 1499879537144.png (184KB, 681x274px) Image search: [Google]
1499879537144.png
184KB, 681x274px
>>54498918
literally everything Wanderers can do SC does better. Mono SC is the way to go.
>>
>>54499292

Agreed. I've read up on the AoS fluff now and timeline-wise the SCE are a very new addition to the AoS universe. Plenty of human kingdoms have existed before during the age of myth.

And pic related, brand new art: but with the old puffed sleeves and pistol...

I really hope for brand new Free Peoples models to be released for Age of Sigmar. With fresh new concepts while at the same time preserving some of that aesthetic legacy of the old Empire that made the main human faction of warhammer stand out from other generic settings.
>>
>>54499426
who turned on bighead mode for the lightning ghost
>>
>>54499099
Yes, a unit can shoot while in combat, and shoot into combat.
>>
>>54500058

and a cannonball that makes D6 wounds will kill D6 models (with one wound each) rather than overkill a single model?
>>
Do we have it already?
>>
>>54451004
Where the fuck is my Sotek?
>>
>>54472029
"Gw give us content for aos"
"Sure, here's a supplement for you dood"
"WHATTHEFUCKIDIDNTMEANTHATCONTENTYOUFUCKINGRETARDSHOWCOULDYOUNOTDISCERNTHEEXACTUPDATEIWANTEDFROMMYGENERICSCREECHINGISWEARTOGODIMGONNABURNMYARMYANDITSYOURFAULT"
>>
>>54483651
I collect both, and I can't really decide my favorite between the two, I love the aesthetic of tree people, and they re fun to paint imo, deathrattle has some stupid good combos and force multipliers though, and tk, while opp, are still my favorite faction to paint and model
>>
File: 1483793614175.png (2MB, 1625x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1483793614175.png
2MB, 1625x1056px
>>54455372
Hasut is mentioned in Allgate book.

>>54500133
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zsb462t2fbfnqo2/path-to-glory.epub
>>
>>54500248
Thank you anon. Shame that GW .epub stuff is usually broken as fuck on android readers
>>
File: 6XfSqv4.jpg (94KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
6XfSqv4.jpg
94KB, 331x331px
>>54500248
thanks anon
>>
>>54500248
>slann can use the skink spells

Love it
>>
>>54500096
Correct.
>>
>>54500096
exactly
>>
>>54499426
I noticed that the ForgeWorld Empire models fit the fantasy Holy Roman Empire aesthetic perfectly. They're exactly how I want my Freeguilders to look. I'm thinking about buying a bunch of them once I have the free money.
>>
>>54500520

fuck

I can trade you free money for free time.
>>
I'm struggling to understand some of the background lore. Do the different realms have actual towns, villages, farms and general civilian activity like in the old world? Or is each realm essentially a Valhalla where warriors go to rest and rearm between two battles?
>>
>>54500785
>Do the different realms have actual towns, villages, farms and general civilian activity like in the old world
Yes.
Only a few are mentioned as basically each realm is a huge blank state where you forge your own shit and adventures.
I like it this way, no idea why people insists on WE NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING MADE REEEE
also
>>54472464
bumperino
>>
>>54500248
Thank You so much
>>
>>54500145
its weird, the old ones all dont get mentioned anymore.
They are only those weird "constelations"

all the new lizardmen lore makes no sense to me.
Maybe someone knows more from all the books?
>>
>>54451004
Umm, Excuse me, but, Where is the Great Maw? I don't see him on this list, surely there is some mistake.
>>
>>54501681
looking at path to glory, in the "gallery of glory" there are some strange lizardmen statues i havent seen before.
Are those a new GW kit? Anyone has any idea?
>>
File: new seraphon scenery.png (390KB, 546x321px) Image search: [Google]
new seraphon scenery.png
390KB, 546x321px
>>54502448
Never seen it before

Might be custom, might be the new art direction for the seraphon in the future releases
>>
Are Seraphons the only battletome with old WHFB minis in it?
>>
>>54502603
no
>>
>>54502544
looks eldar to me, i dont hate it. the stuff in the background looks custom, but the statues do ook like they are their own kit since they appear to be identical.

I dont mind them having this, this might hint at lizardmen at least getting some releases in the future.
Given, these dont look like any lizardmen units we got right now, but its something.
>>
>>54502544
look like kroot
>>
>>54502544
>>54502715
Imagine GW releasing a small set of terrains/statues/markers for each major faction
>>
>>54500189
to be fair the supplements are pretty shit and not what "most" people want.

glad you at least are enjoying them though, so that's good.
>>
>>54502751
could be actually.
Who knows maybe GW wants to merge the two, the shield thing COULD be a tau thing, but looks more eldar to me.
Its still not a thing id expect kroot to have you know. They dont look like the kinda guys who build statues of bronze
>>
>>54502753
>Imagine GW releasing an battle-tome for each faction

ftfy baby steps anon, don't want to look unreasonable.
>>
>>54502922
>Imagine GW releasing an battle-tome for each merged faction
Now it's good
>>
>>54502751
Its too serpentine to be kroot
>>
>>54500248
Can you provide a quote? Mostly out of curiosity.
>>
>>54501998
Does he appear in age of sigmar lore?
>>
>>54503673
I assumed so! Has the GREAT MAW been squatted?!
>>
>>54505280
Where's Morr, Isha etc? Theyre all dead.
>>
>>54505280
Due to an event in the end times, ogres worship gorkamorka along with orcs, goblins, and presumably fimir
>>
>>54505371
Not all of the old deities have been stated as being dead for real. It's entirely possible for GW to pull some back up if there's reason for it.
>>
>>54505758
>Fimir
>worshipping Gorkamorka

Well I guess when you can't get your old gods back you take new ones, but I need lore explaining this nonsense soon.
>>
File: FimirTonyAckland.jpg (83KB, 664x720px) Image search: [Google]
FimirTonyAckland.jpg
83KB, 664x720px
>>54505758
But the Fimir worship chaos. Or rather, Daemon Princes/minor chaos gods.

>They're Destruction
Oh, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>54500248

Sweet thanks Anon.

If only they could make naming tables like they did for Chaos when the first iteration of Path to Glory came out.

That table was a lot of fun.
>>
File: usher.jpg (333KB, 564x771px) Image search: [Google]
usher.jpg
333KB, 564x771px
QUICK!
ALL YOUR WARHAMS SHIT IS GONE AND YOU HAVE TO PLAY A NEW ARMY

Knowing what you know now, what do you choose?
>>
>>54506304
Probably Spiderfang grots. The sheer weight of mortal wounds they can pour out can be devastating.
>>
>>54506304
A mechanised Imperial Guard army with nothing but tracked vehicles on the board at deployment.

2000pts of it.
>>
Dunno if anyone remembers, bu was there a blog post or any kind of write up for the guy that did the Sigvald conversion for AoS? I can find the pictures all right, but they're all on community sites without much explanation, and I really love the idea that is presented by it.
>>
>>54506304
ironjaws because the start collecting is top
>>
>>54505899
Considering Kurnous turned to Kurnoth they probably didn't survive intact. Even Khaine seems to be dead for real even trough he is worshipped by aelves.

>>54506119
If you get ignored by your gods it's likely you'll pick new gods to follow.
>>
>>54505947
>>54506119
>>54507202
I agree, the lore needs explaining ASAP, especially when you have the thunderscorn who want out of chaos but can't
>>
>>54500248
thanks but damn gw that epub is cancer on my phone
>>
What's the cuisine like in Azyrheim?
>>
>>54508175
Heavenly.
>>
Anyone have a 1000 or 1500 point list they enjoy running for mortal nurgle?
>>
File: IMG_0573.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>54462160
This image gave me a chubby little green boner. Saved!
>>
>>54506374
I'm doing that now in a ladder campaign. The hardest part of running them is keeping track of all the stuff to do in the hero phase.
>>
Oh wow, I looked up the AoS tournament rules pack of my local gaming club (who used to be full of powergaming WHFB-players) and found this:

"After you've played all your five matches you write down the names of the three opponents you had the most fun playing against, giving them 3, 2 and 1 point respectively. The player who gets the most points wins the tournament."

It's really a whole new world.
>>
POST SYLVANETH ARMIES
>>
File: 1418267580909.jpg (475KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1418267580909.jpg
475KB, 707x1000px
So I got my hands on three start collecting daemons of slaanesh boxes and a daemon prince. What else should I get for my sex daemon army?
>>
Just played my first game with my fiance. We had a split dwarven battleline box set. Question: can you move your drawf cannon and shoot in the same turn?
>>
>>54510068
As far as I know, yes.
>>
>>54510068

Yes, you can. Bring up the guns!
>>
>>54510060

I find that a real strong and nice perfume spreads a nice slaneeshi feel around the gaming table. But remember to really make it excessive although not so much that other players feel physically ill.
>>
>>54510060
Combine all your chariot kits into one superexaltedmegaseekerchariotofexcess.
>>
>>54510060
paint for your models
>>
>>54506119
im fine with that tho, fimir got discarded by the chaos gods, i dont want them to worship gorkamorka but i see the point in them beeing destruction aligned, destruction needs more variety quite badly
>>
>>54512686
I like them in Destruction, I just need why they are explained. I mean, once I have the funds I am definitely buying warriors and a noble to use with my grots.
>>
>>54510060
A bible. You need to go to extra church to decontaminate yourself.
>>
Hey Anons. My gf and I recently started playing, with her grabbing Sylvaneth SC box and some Kurnoth hubters (And doing them in a really striking cherry tree motif. They look stunning), and me grabbing the Khorne SC box and a Daemon Prince.

My question. Do I still get the Battalion buff (Since the Khorne SC box is called a Murderband batallion or something) if I field my Daemon Prince alongside them?
>>
>>54503654
>Built on Khorne’s demand by the dark Children of Hashut, the Bloodcombe’s walls were impossibly thick. It was said that the magma-walls could not be defeated by mortal means. Three times Dorryc steeled his will, three times he commanded the godbeast.

Page 226
>>
Is there any epub link for Plague Garden?
>>
>>54514150
The units in the battalion get the buffs, but the Daemon Prince does not.
>>
File: Fiend.jpg (128KB, 554x772px) Image search: [Google]
Fiend.jpg
128KB, 554x772px
>found this in the Path to Glory book.
>now want a Slaaneshi army full of Fiends
>see the price

Why the fuck Fiends cost 21€ each?!
Holy shit
>>
>>54450221
>content drought everlasting edition
A new campaign supplement has just been released. How whiny is this community?
>>
>>54515134

Thanks Anon.
>>
BUY A NEW HANDBOOK EVERY YEAR
>>
File: 1391440696584.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1391440696584.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
Do we have a pdf version of PtG?
>>
>>54516170

I'd buy them every month if it made the game better, can't wait for GHB2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHOmZRwYz4
It's amazing tho
>>
File: 20170725_101909.png (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_101909.png
1MB, 1920x1440px
We 80s now.
GHB2 savior of the thread?
>>
File: asdf.png (619KB, 645x620px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
619KB, 645x620px
I'm a little worried about these "Allies" affecting matched play.

Unless they get rid of grand alliances I hope they do, chaos clown fiesta can fuck off
>>
>>54516320
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>54516170

I'm fine with that.
>>
>>54516386
Why are you worried? This'll probably just tweak allegiance only battleline
>>
>>54510060
Paint them blue like sonic
>>
>>54516552
THATS how they'll fix masterclan
>>
>>54516665
Not to mention that if that's true, pestilens might be now the most versatile skaven clan with either nurgle OR skaven allies
>>
>>54515319
Yeah it's a shame. They're my favourite models by far.
>>
>>54516386
>allies rules
>There are new abilities, battalions and synergy for aelves, pestilens + nurgle and skaven clans
I want to believe
>>
>>54516792

>aelves

Stop kidding yourself.

For real though, I hope that they pull the broken up shitty factions back into larger factions.
>>
>>54516854
> I hope that they pull the broken up shitty factions back into larger factions
That's what I mean. Why the fuck keep the Aelf faction broken when you can just stick them together with highborn keyword or something like that again tho
>>
>>54516792
Not for pestilens or nurgle. They get their own shit in a later book
>>
>>54450221

Anyone have any ideas on how to build some free city buildings? The art from Hammerhal looked awesome.
>>
>>54457669

I thought he became Grimnir? If not, then yeah, he probably is somewhere out there in the Realms, murdering daemons all over.
>>
>>54516320
>>54516386

Why has no one screened WIZARD ROB
>>
>>54513018
I have plans to someday convert skinks into shearls and savage orcs into smaller fimir, then add in fw and make a whole army. Someday. Once I finish some of my backlog on my other armies.
>>
>>54450446
>>54450439
>>54450421
>>54450405
>>54450342
>>54450221

I'm a little new. Why won't they bring Tomb Kings back? Is it a lore thing? Financial?

Also, I was reading an article, and it kinda' made me realize how bland the Death Grand Alliance is. It's just bones, zombies, and a couple of Vampires and Bats. Wouldn't it benefit from a Mummy-themed inclusion like the Tomb Kings? Why not release entirely new models if they don't want to re-sell old ones? Also, why don't they add more death-themed models? Isn't there anything more they can add to the Alliance? Order and Chaos have so much more variety, and even Destruction at the very least has Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, and Trolls, though they also need more.
>>
>>54516872
>>54516854
That'll likely be covered in the allies. They'll probably just keep them splintered and then make it so you can still play them together
>>
>>54510060
A real girlfriend.
>>
>>54517608

I honestly don't know. I also don't understand why they couldn't just roll a bunch of Bretonnian ad Dogs of War stuff in with Free Peoples. I feel they'd benefit from some variety instead of being straight up Germans.

I have seen a ton of really neat Free People kitbashes using elf, chaos and other models though. Duncan's look fuckin' hella.

But yeah I'd like for Tomb Kings to be resold. At least as an upgrade pack or a hero. Or something
>>
File: _20170725_171400.jpg (159KB, 1880x1428px) Image search: [Google]
_20170725_171400.jpg
159KB, 1880x1428px
>>54517521
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-122246.jpg (51KB, 747x231px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-122246.jpg
51KB, 747x231px
Fucking lol
>>
>>54499398
>hey guys, i want to start a combined sc and wanderer army because i like the idea and fluff of it, any advice on the wanderers?
>lmao sc are better than wanderers, don't pay any attention to your dudes and be a mono sc WAACfag
You people are a fucking plague
>>
>>54500272
I feel like I'm the only android user who hasn't had a problem with a gw epub yet, should i continue to push my luck?
>>
>>54516872
Highborn feels like a hodgepoge mix of unrelated things. By separating them into their own faction we get more lore from them rather than recycling the same lore for the same faction over and over again with the units getting very little development.
>>
>>54517720
I believe it's that they're too 'generic evil mummies' like brets are too generic chivalrous knight to really get a good IP lock on.
>>
>>54516319
>It was an age of chaos
>Until one book changed everything

God damn this is golden.
>>
File: The_Scartorn.png (205KB, 452x249px) Image search: [Google]
The_Scartorn.png
205KB, 452x249px
For Stormfiends, is Warpfire/Ratling/Doomflayer a workable loadout? I was thinking of the Ratling Gun whittling down the enemy as they advance, then the Warpfire and Doomflayer finish them off up close.
>>
>>54510060
Fuck I wish slaneesh's models were less focused on sex
>>
>>54514150
Your wife did the exact same thing I did when I got my sylvaneth, even down to the cherry tree aesthetic, got any pics of hers?
>>
>>54515607
Arguably less whiny than 90% of the 40k community
>>
File: IMG_6929.png (1MB, 695x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6929.png
1MB, 695x924px
>>54518112
Someone in /40kg/ was saying theyd like more models like Sigvald the Magnificent.
>>
>>54517734
>>54517882

e x p e r i e n c e t h e r e a l m s
>>
>>54518210
Exactly, more excess and perfection, less nasty ass models with okay tits
>>
>>54518210
>>54518254
The Warden of the Blade novel has a very interesting take on that.
A pdf officer that slowly descend into excess by force of carnage. She basically slwoly goes mad because the people rebelled against the Emperor, and revels in excessive slaughter of heretics.
It's revealed she turned into a slaneeshi demon in the end, a nice, more subtle approach, moreso than the usual "Hurr durr orgy and alcohol!"
>>
File: hobby.jpg (69KB, 1039x579px) Image search: [Google]
hobby.jpg
69KB, 1039x579px
>>54518254

Found these classics still listed on the GW webstore.

Have no idea why. I remember they were just part of a larger DEldar model back in 6th ed 40k.
>>
>>54518528
>revels in excessive slaughter
>this is somehow a Slaanesh thing instead of Khorne

What.
>>
>>54518637
Starting from the rebellion, basically everything she does and feel is excessive. The word "excess" comes back times and times again, and the slaughter is the very last part of it.

I probably don't make the book justice, trying to summarise several chapters' worth in 2 lines.

I do recommend reading it though, it's a very good GK novel, even more so since it's on Crowe.
>>
>>54518009
>IP
>IP
>Can't IP? change it/drop it/kill it

GW are such faggots with their copyrighting.
>>
File: BattlePlataea08.jpg (43KB, 547x355px) Image search: [Google]
BattlePlataea08.jpg
43KB, 547x355px
Would a free peoples faction with heavy inspiration drawn from ancient Greece fit well into Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>54518720
Blame the IP laws that make companies rabidly protect their own property or lose it.
>>
>>54519012
>we see you have an interesting, yet untrademarkable naming convention/aesthetic for this line of miniatures
>be a fucking shame if you were to lose your rights to them
Fuck the British
>>
>>54519067
That's more of US thing to be honest, seeing as it was GW vs Chapterhouse that spawned this change.
>>
>>54519067

But aren't there pleny of other miniature manufacturers based in Englandia that don't do this EXCESSIVE trademarking thing that GW does?

Just taking a quick look at Mantic homepage and their fantasy armies are simply named: Dwarfs, Goblins, Ogres, Orcs, Undead.

And then there are all those makers of historical minis. Surely they maintain the rights to their sculpts, even if they are just named "Imperial Romans"?
>>
>>54518865
Have you seen Duncan's skirmish warband? They have a similar aesthetic. He actually did a video on how to kitbash them fairly recently.
>>
>>54519112
I was bitching about the British governments ip and copyright laws, not geedubs
>>
>>54519187

Yes but my point was that there are other business operating under the same laws but without geedubsian philosophy of IP protection.
>>
>>54519112
>>54519115
Wait I'm fucking retarded
Still, think of it like this, two men are walking down the street, both unassuming, but one has his wallet on a short chain in his pocket while the other just has it haphazardly hanging out, who is more likely to get robbed?
>>
>>54519242
Plus given the fact that gw overshadows most if not all other major producers, it creates a pseudo blanket over them, less people are gonna bother with them while 3rd party minis for the most popular warframe in the world will sell like hotcakes by comparison
>>
>warframe
Fug
>>
>>54517896
hell man, I love elves but even I am not retarded enough to think they are any good on the table. Building an army for the fluff is all gravy but you don't want to lose every game.
>>
>>54518865

Of course. The thing I like about AoS is that it's way more open with converting your dudes. All the kitbashed Freeguild armies I've seen have been awesome looking.
>>
>>54519222
That is because they have significantly less to lose. No one will make knock-off Mantic, while companies did mooch off GW's designs by producing replacement bits using the same iconography.
>>
>>54519395
>only using armies and models because they're good
What are you, fucking gay?
t. tyranid and tomb kings player since the 90s
>>
>>54519571
why don't you just convince yourself that you actually like the way SC look and get on with your life?
>>
>>54519629
I never once said I didn't?
>>
>super serious guys, skirmish is really actually not even bad.

>PS buy more blimps please

>love,
>GW
>>
>>54517590
You the dude making the Battletome for them?
Which btw, if you are, would you mind reposting it if you've updated it at all?
>>
File: Fimir Battletome.pdf (64KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fimir Battletome.pdf
64KB, 1x1px
>>54519944
That is me yes. File says last I changed it was 7/12, I think that was when I added some artefacts ideas.
>>
>>54520251
Awesome, thanks mate.
I've offered a tad bit of feed back here and there
>>
>>54519694
did you write this article for GW? the similarity is spooky

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/25/soaring-to-victory-in-path-to-glory-nicks-warband/
>>
>>54519694
what are you even trying to say

path to glory has nothing to do with skirmish
>>
>>54520902
warbands, skirmish, negligible differences.
>>
Oh man, I'd love a death rattle battletome with all the variety the Tomb Kings had

Even if they completely change theyr sthetic into the actual "europian" one

I want my Bone Giants, Skeleton Chariots, Bone Constructs etc jeez
>>
>>54520974
theyre totally different game styles

are you a retard
>>
>>54516386
>>54516320
>>54516319
That was a legit, fun and funky trailer. No cringe, fun concept, and some welcome news.
>>
>>54521332
>theyre totally different game styles
in this game I only have 10 models, in the other I have 15.

>massive differences

yeah okay
>>
>>54521519
wow youre right theyre 100% identical

wtf i hate gw now
>>
File: IMG_0810.jpg (110KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0810.jpg
110KB, 768x576px
>>54516319
>that entire trailer
>>
File: bcr.jpg (238KB, 967x953px) Image search: [Google]
bcr.jpg
238KB, 967x953px
Hi, I'm new and want to play beastclaw raiders because I like huge monsters and big mounted ogors and derpy looking yetis.

Should I wait until GH2 before I buy some models? (store people seem to think BCR will get dicked)
Will I lose all the time because the game seems to heavily favor dudespam objective holding and my whole army will have like 11 guys?
How extreme does GW do nerfs and buffs?
thanks and hi this game has sweet lore!
>>
File: cens.png (708KB, 509x642px) Image search: [Google]
cens.png
708KB, 509x642px
>>54516319
>>54516386
Praise the corrupter
>>
>>54521737
>Ogres

Sometimes I even forget that Battletome exists

Are they cool/good?
>>
>>54521737
Not sure about how BCR will be in the GH2, but they're solid currently.
If you like the look of them and the fluff, then go for it. They're your dudes to build, paint, and collect. Also, if you really need to spam dudes you can pair them with some other Destruction forces (assuming the Alliances are similar in the GH2).

Overall, you may want to play it safe and wait a few weeks, but otherwise it couldn't hurt to get started ASAP.
>>
what would be a good paint scheme for a unmarked Demon Prince?

I know black/grey is obvious, but I was wanting something more unique but still neutral since I plan on using him in various Chaos armies
>>
>>54518865
No Anon, Duncan's models aren't going to be mass production pieces.
>>
>>54519112
GW is a publicly traded company which means anything that isn't directly profitable and pleasing to shareholders is HERESY.

Smaller companies can get away with generic forces because they don't have the stock market on their backs yelling at them to make more money.
>>
>>54516665
>>54516695
Here's hoping they make Skaven (besides Skyre) great again
>>
>>54518110
Doomflayer sucks, in my experience best is having 2 ratling and 1 warpfire per Stormfiend "block"
>>
Okay, newfag from before with the batallion questions and I'm hoping to get some clarification on a few other things.

First of all, do wounds 'overflow'? Here's my situation.

Kurnoth Hunter has 5 wounds, my opponent allocates three attacks that do 2 damage each to that target. Does the extra point of damage overflow into the model next to it in the unit?

Secondly, the rules say that when you allocate wounds to a model, you continue allocating wounds to that model until there are no more to allocate or it is slain. Does that apply to all attacks the unit makes, or just that model?

Example again, if I make three successful hits for 2 damage, can my opponent spread those three hits across the three Hunters in her unit? Or do they all insta-apply to the first model she designates to take damage?

Thanks Anons. Looking forward to joining the hobby.
>>
>>54522787
yes damage spills over in aos

if your unit takes 10 damage you apply it 1 at a time to models in your unit

all attacks from a unit are resolved before damage is applied

>Example again, if I make three successful hits for 2 damage, can my opponent spread those three hits across the three Hunters in her unit?
No you must allocate wounds to a damaged model in a unit
>>
File: wigh king rules.jpg (544KB, 1073x607px) Image search: [Google]
wigh king rules.jpg
544KB, 1073x607px
>>54522869
This remembered me a quation I had about the Wigh King's armour

The descrption says: "Halve any wounds or mortal wounds inflicted on this Wigh King (rounding fractions up)."

That means, if he suffers 6 wounds in combat, made by 6 different damage 1 hits, he would suffer 3 wounds instead?

Or he would suffer all 6 wounds beacuse he can't suffer 0,5 wounds for each attack individualy?
>>
File: stonehorn-1.jpg (153KB, 800x686px) Image search: [Google]
stonehorn-1.jpg
153KB, 800x686px
>>54521802
Beastclaw Raiders is a high point cost, low model count elite army of fast monsters, one big gun (sometimes 3), and no wizards.
Your meat and potatoes battleline is a mounted 2 ogor unit for 200 points that sucks. you have undercosted behemoths as battleline to make up for it (thundertusks and stonehorns. the former is a 24" 6-mortal wound on a 2+ launcher until injured, the latter is a terrifying charge machine that takes half damage from everything).

at release, people took 3 thundertusks and ignored the overcosted shit, digging into destruction grand company to surround them with a million grots or kunnin ruks to cheese tournaments to the hatred of all.

That faggotry aside, a pure BCR list is a fun sledge hammer, but struggles with most battleplans on points and objectives since you just don't have the numbers for it, even though you might almost table them. More savvy opponents will learn to play the battleplan instead of you, that 3 wounds on a thundertusk significantly reduces his power (though some can heal), that stonehorns are weak to tarpits and Must Charge, that yhetees are made out of fly paper, etc.

They have cool lore and gorgeous models, and in a straight fight they will fucking smash. GH2 might hurt though.
>>
>>54522869

Gracias, amigo. So once a model takes damage, no other models take damage until that model is dead?
>>
>>54522972
After resolving a unit's attacks on Wight King:
Total the number of wounds Wight King has taken from that unit, then halve it rounding up.
It goes per unit not per model or per attack.
>>
>>54523103
Ok thanks!

That's how me and my friends were doing it, but the doubt was always there
>>
>>54520310
Oh hey, thanks! I remember that. Also, I finally used that warscroll designer site and made a version with more official looking pictures instead of just walls of text, but I can't seem to upload it--I think it's because it comes to about 6mb? I'll have to find somewhere to host it.
>>
>>54523022
They'll probably jack up the Stonehorn/Tusk battle line guys up in points

But hopefully they drop the Yhettees, Hunter, and Saberwolves. maybe Mournfang's too, i'd love if they all could go down by 20 pts, especially the Sabers, they seem really crap for 60
>>
>>54523046
correct

but any excess damage spills over

so if a model with 3 wounds takes 5 damage, 2 more damage needs to be allocated to its unit
>>
New player question:

I notice the battletomes have very little troop choices compared to the army books of oldhammer.
Do people run pure battletome armies or do they most often mix things up with stuff from the grand alliance?
>>
>>54523886

Depends on whether you want the Grand Alliance allegiance buff for your army, or the Allegiance buffs you get for running a single sub faction.
>>
>>54523886

Depends on if you want Allegiance abilities. I own more Chaos units than Order, so I can afford to run pure-khorne or pure-tzeentch armies, but I have just a mish-mash of Order stuff so I just run them as a Grand Alliance Order army.

Maybe Grand alliance armies will get unique abilites of some form in GHB2, but you never know for sure
>>
>>54523984
>>54524042

Thing is I'm tempted to build an Ironjawz army but they only have like 3 different heroes and 3 different units. Feels like there isn't much to collect really.

Using my old minis as a Free Peoples army gives me a HUGE selection of heroes and units to choose from.
>>
>>54524145

well you could always run ironjaws with beastclaw raiders/ ogres for some variety I guess. But yeah Destruction and Death have largely been ignored so far in AoS in favor of Order and Chaos
>>
>>54524455
I think the reason Destruction and especially Death are being ignored is they are really trying to flesh out the two "main" factions before fleshing out the "side" factions more. I mean, most promotional material is stormcasts against chaos of some form right now and it will be that way until they have a solid history of the struggles of the forces of Order against Chaos.
>>
>>54524646
About this, I really wish they focused a bit less on the Order vs Chaos thing

I mean, they could manage an actually good all vs all with the four factions giving some fluff about some major events and fights regarding everyone.
>>
File: scdhgz.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scdhgz.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>54457705
>not based General Adon
pleb taste
>>
>>54482223
this is a very VERY good meme handle with care brother HH
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.