[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 31

File: mirrorpart3.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
mirrorpart3.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Previous >>54430307

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most annoying commander of all?
>>
>>54441395
>Thread question
Fucking Animar. I bring out turbostax as soon as I see that asshole and I giggle like a little girl every time.
>>
>>54441395
>Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the most annoying commander of all?- 1 post shown.
Leovold, thank god they banned him
>>
>thread question
anything and everything blue/white
>>
>>54441395
>what commander triggers you?

Fucking Nekusar, man
>>
>>54441591
Geist didn't do anything!
>>
>>54441395
>Thread Question
Depends on the build.
The most annoying one I've seen was Derevi tap-a-lot deck, that shit made use wipes without a second thought.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-god-of-pissing-my-play-group-off-1/#c3103593

Asking one more time before I pull the trigger and buy the deck. Do I need more or less Apostles? Most builds I've seen use ~30, but I've seen a handful using 18 and even even a few using something like 60. Is 24 okay? I'm trying to keep shit I find fun in the deck and that's real hard when you have to devote 1/3 of it to a single creature.

>>54441395
>>Thread Question
>Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most annoying commander of all?
Avacyn and Zurgo both make me salty.
>>
Why is Newzilek the most played colorless commander, out of all the better choices?
>>
>>54441671
Because he's cheap and the other titans are not.
>>
>>54441671
>>54441687
It's because he is the best you dingus brothers. Typically you play a shitton of ramp to get him out like turn 4, and then you have no hand. So he is draw a bunch of cards+cool stuff
>>
>>54441395
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54441687
Old Kozilek is the third most played colorless commander, and he's like $30.
>>54441727
I can accept this answer.
>>
File: vtzSq3G.jpg (91KB, 1085x595px) Image search: [Google]
vtzSq3G.jpg
91KB, 1085x595px
C U T E
U
T
E
>>
>>54441743
To be fair there's only like 6 colorless commanders.
>>
Did Vampires REALLY need a tribal focus? Lets just hope that they finally made leader Mardu like they should've done some time ago.
>>
>>54441786
>Did Vampires REALLY need a tribal focus?
They are cooler than Zombies so yes.
>>
>>54441744
aesthetically it looks like clerics, but i still think it's going to be wizards simply because there isn't a blue focus tribe yet

>cats are GW focus
>vampires are probably RB focus
>dragons are WUBRG

that leaves blue as the only color not used

>>54439503
i personally use her as (sort of) guaranteed draw in my command zone in my sultai reanimator. otherwise it'd be extremely hard to maintain her on the board, but since i'm running reanimation, it's not that hard to bring her back up
>>
>vampires
really? what a boring fucking tribe. why cant we have something like spirits or elementals?
>>
>>54441881
Yeah, and considering the art direction of the past few years (every card color must be represented in the actual artwork), there's definitely some blue in there. Clerics make no sense in U so I'm thinking Esper and wizards, or just rogues in UB.
>>
>>54441744
>>54441881
its probably wizards or some other stupid shit

c17 is officially shit
>>
>>54441903
gotta cover your marketing bases

vampires are for teenager edgelords
cats are for girls and gays
dragons are for chads and "lore guys"
wizards are for autists who like to jack off doing nothing and then win with combo
>>
File: pepatrick.png (179KB, 600x832px) Image search: [Google]
pepatrick.png
179KB, 600x832px
>>54441881
>Esper spirits practically confirmed for never ever happening
FUCK YOU WIZARDS. THIS WAS ALL I WANTED. C17 IS SHIT! SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!
>>
File: 1475051827777.jpg (111KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475051827777.jpg
111KB, 750x450px
>>54441960
What if it's UB zombies with a wizard commander, other zombie tribal commanders are wizards too
>>
>>54441903
Vampires are popular
That said, I don't mind it. Grandpa Markov is cool and Mardu is a good color combination. The cats I could have done without.
>>
>Thread Question
Zur the Enchanter and Arcum funnily enough both from Coldsnap
>>
>>54441786
>>54441881
>>54441903
Could I have a link?
I missed last thread and I wasn't able to find a link there
>>
>>54441988
I hope not, there's been tons of zombies lately
>>
>>54442017
see http://imgur.com/a/gOoRw
>>
>>54442024
Thanks

So no actual card or commander yet?
>>
Commander 2016 was fail
Commander 2017 is even more fail
Seriously no one asked for Cats except annoying beta girls and stereotypical faggots. They are so fucking bad and I am instantly targetting any fuckboy who plays them. The rest of the tribes are so boring and lackluster as well that it honestly makes me wish it was Goblins and other popular stuff.
>>
>>54442027
nope just art
>>
File: 20170720_154510.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_154510.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>54442029
>Commander 2016 was fail
What the fuck are you talking about? 2016 was such a success they couldn't even keep it on the shelves and had to order fucking foreign product at fucking Wal-Mart's and shit to meet demand. It also introduced a lot of really fucking popular commanders.
>>
>No demon tribal
Why are demons so unpopular?
>>
>>54442029
c16 was pretty good. it had something for pretty much everyone.

c17 is shaping up to be a disappointment though. tribal is already really meh and the tribes themselves are pretty shit so far. hopefully the legendaries they put in the decks will be good
>>
Going by the image, while it's definitely unlikely, I think it has at least a small chance to be assassins, with the commander being their grand master or something like that
>>
>>54442052
>they literally just stopped printing c16 in the middle of it selling so well you literally could not find it a month after release

i dont understand WotCs reasoning behind that, to this day it confuses me
>>
>>54442089
I feel like it make much more sense than wizards actually.
>>
File: Marius of the Covenant.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Marius of the Covenant.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>54442093
assuming it was intentional, maybe to drive up the prices for the inevitable reprint?

it could have just been a fuck-up on their part, like they agreed to only print it for 1 month to free infrastructure for aether revolt or something

>>54442065
there aren't that many of them and they're almost all in monoblack, mostly. i would've liked to see something like pic related, basically print 1 card and let people choose between 3 tribes with it
>>
>>54442093
They wanted Atraxa to be expensive to build hype for the return to New Phyrexia.
>>
>>54442117
but they didnt reprint it, they didnt even print atraxa which is easily the most popular in the anthology. its baffling
>>
Thinking of building Sliver Hivelord but only using Time Spiral block amd earlier Slivers
>>
>>54442139
Just so you know literally everyone will hate you off the table the second they see slivers.
>>
>>54442154
I know I do
>>
>>54442029
Literally what tribes would have been acceptable? If you go for an obscure tribe then you don't have the support for 100 card singleton and you are being retarded, if you go for a supported tribe like elves or zombies then you are just throwing another commander onto the 10 they already have.
>>
>>54441744
>No zombes, goblins, or elves
>No spirits when O-Kagachi is in a different fucking deck
>No "everything 5c" cancer
>Dragons give us Ramos and Wasitroa
>Vamps could print Edgar Markov or members of the Sengir clan in new forms
>Last tribe is probably Rogues, Wizards, or maybe clerics

Life is good. Cats are the only disappointment so far.
>>
>>54442157
Then you're good, and patrician taste not using nuslivers (Hivelord and hive getting a pass for being classic model). Why Hivelord, though? Coat of Slivers is more bomby, Queen is a combo classic, and Tutor Overlord could literally just fetch the others out of your 99.
>>
File: tumblr_nc1pjdLzVG1thxsmlo1_500.jpg (39KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc1pjdLzVG1thxsmlo1_500.jpg
39KB, 500x358px
>>54441881
I still place my bets on UB Rogues.
>>
>>54442117

I'm not usually one for custom cards outside /ccg/, but the flavor of this is spot-on, good job sir.
>>
>only interested in Dragons and Clerics/Rogues so far
>might still buy Cats because chances are good they'll have a Doubling Season reprint and I'd get the rest of the deck for 10 bucks more than Season's price
Ugh.
>>
>>54442159
Dragons was fine, loved tribe that needs a few other commanders besides Scion
Cats are so fucking retarded, unsupported meme tribe theyve only had since Amoncuck, will be shit no matter how many upgrades so its exactly as you said obscure ass tribe that can barely make a 100 card deck
The rest are just boring ass humans who get a Legendary each block anyways
Why couldnt we have got Naya Dinosaurs to hype up Ixalan, WB Clerics maybe?
>>
>>54441786
If it is mardu I'll be super stoked. I'll brew around it for sure
>>
>>54442154
>>54442157
Why though? They arent even top tier Commanders
>>54442214
I actually meant Legion to fit with Time Spiral that and I love his art
>>
>>54442029

Nigga you wot. C16 was nice. Sure, Saskia and Gay kongz weren't as good decks as the other three, but even them were interesting and were focused to a certain type of player that would enjoy it.

Yidris and Breya are great, multipurpouse commanders and Atraxa is the casual table queen. Partners would have been cooler if Thrasios wasn't tier 0.5 everywhere and Vial Smasher wasn't literally the best card in 1v1. Really hard to balance and I dobut they're printing them again, even as monocolor
>>
>>54442093
I lucked out pretty well, found a closed box with the 5 decks at a discount two months ago. The Atraxa deck is still sealed.
>>
>>54442219
to me, a wizard tribe makes a lot of sense.

from what we can tell, the main focus of C17 isn't to print commanders for well-established tribes, because well-established tribes already have good commanders that attract deckbuilders

zombies have grimgrin, scarab god thraximundar
goblins have krenko, grenzo and worts
slivers have a billion good commanders

there's no reason for wotc to print commanders for those tribes, because they know that anyone who wants to build zombies or slivers has already built that deck.

however, the thing that i think wotc wants to do is print commanders for tribes that are somewhat well established, but are missing a good commander

cats didn't have a good commander.
vampires had kind of shitty commanders.
dragons only really had stuff like scion and atarka, both of which are kind of boring to build in their own ways (atarka just beats face, scion just tutors for combos)

wizards are kind of similar in that they have a ton of tribal support, but no good commanders that really inspire deckbuilding. obviously, azami does, but she's stuck in monoblue. after azami, the only popular options are niv-mizzet and derevi, which are build-around commanders, not tribal commanders.

so yeah wizards make a lot of sense to me
>>
>>54442246
>Why couldnt we have got Naya Dinosaurs
Because there are not anywhere NEAR enough dinosaurs printed yet, even with getting new cards, and rather than hyping Ixalan it would probably steal Ixalan and Gishark's thunder.
>>
>>54442246
Dinosaurs are already getting a pretty much perfect commander in Ixalan, no point doubling up on them when it's obvious the other won't be as good for them.
There also isn't any human tribal in here. The chick is going to be either Cleric, Wizard or Rogue.
Also, if she's Cleric, there'll be plenty of Ixalan hype between a new Vampire tribal commander and a Cleric one, both of which are relevant Ixalan tribes.
>>
>>54442029
>c2016 has the most played commander ever
>somehow a failure
Also I don't like that they chose cats either, but you need to relax, anon. At this point the anti-cat crowd is more insufferable than the cat lovers.
>>
>>54442299
What if.

Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Rogue Wizard

In Esper.
>>
>>54441671
>better choices
Karn is only comparable power if you build him as rude land destruction and original Kozilek is comparable but less interesting.

Kozilek 2 rewards you for dumping your entire hand to cast him asap, which is exactly what colorless already wants to do. His counter ability is very unique and fun which contrasts well with the old one's rude annihilator. It's a total tossup between which is better but they are the two best because they provide repeatable ways to draw cards.
>>
>>54442267
>Why though? They arent even top tier Commanders
Slivers are in an awkward place -- they are super fragile while setting up, which takes a while, but they're also really stupid if they get off the ground. Basically, they're extremely transparent glass cannons and casual tables KNOW they have to raze it root and branch or lose while competitive tables see someone who, true, won't win but who if left unchecked will probably take out a random player before being slapped down and they don't want to be it.

I know that unless I was holding Rout and the mana to flash it I wouldn't let Slivers live, they are too damn explosive.
>>
>>54442267
its cause they get out of control really fast and basically need like 2-3 turns to be nigh unstoppable because they are all 4/4s with indestructible and infect. the only way to really stop slivers is to make sure they dont get going to begin with so you focus them off the table early
>>
>>54442246
Cat tribal decks existed before Amonkhet.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54442246
>Cats are so fucking retarded, unsupported meme tribe theyve only had since Amoncuck
it's like you should kill yourself or something
>>
>>54442310
>>54442313
Thats the point though. There will probably only be 75 Dinosaur cards printed in Ixalan set and not everyone will be good most will be Limited fodder so that the Legendary Dino is literally worthless as a Commander since when you do manage a hit with him all you'll get is a couple mediocre bodies maybe with a few etb triggers but none of them looked that good desu.
>>
>>54442377
Yeah and theres like 20 of them that exist, they are still fucking terrible and are casual fodder.
>>
>>54442246
>cat tribal hasn't existed forever
>we need WB clerics even though we just got Tymna and Ravos
>Getting a Naya dinosaur in Ixilan but we need another one!
Wew
>>
>>54442367
>>54442346
Dang, im still gonna go for it though. I love the Time Spiral Slivers too much.
>>
>>54442405
Let's say they print 75 dinos over both Ixalan sets and half of those are worth playing. That's already almost 40. Then consider how many lizards, beasts and lizard beasts there are that will be errata'd to be dinosaurs and say half od those are also good.

That should give at least 60 dinosaurs to choose from. Now consider how much non-dino stompy supporr you'll want to run (ramp spells, kill spells, Naya support from Alara) and how many creatures you even WANT to run in the first place (since a lot of tribes don't want more than a third of their deck as tribal) and you'll probably end up only having 20-40 dinos in your drck anyway, leaving a lot of room for options with the leftover ones.
>>
>>54442467
>That's already almost 40
You honestly don't even need more.
30-35 creatures for an edh deck is good enough.
>>
>>54442426
That's why they need more support :^)
>>
>>54442405
Go ahead, build a "C17 if Anon was in charge" Dino deck. Remember! You get 15 new cards, at least two of which must be "Generic" cards like Ash Basin or Command Tower that are in all the decks. Put it on tappedout, skipping verification, with things like "Eminence Dino" or "Awesome new rare dino #1" to show where you spend the new cards.

Remember! You can't use anything on the reserved list and it has to be a satisfying dino tribal with mechanical themes and shit.

(Also remember that Ixalan will have a small set -- Rivals of Ixalan. That, and not HoD, is the last Small Set)
>>
>>54442299
i get what your saying but the tribes they choose are boring as fuck
>>
File: 24.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54442371

they never had a proper cat lord before. and raksha doesnt count.
>>
>>54442478
My point exactly.
30~% of the deck as creatures for creature decks is fine and not all of those need or should be Dinosaurs anyway, meaning you 'need' even viewer dinos than that.
>>
>>54442313
>there'll be plenty of Ixalan hype between a new Vampire tribal commander [...] relevant Ixalan tribes
While that's true, there is the problem that Ixalan's vampires are white and black, and the former color has been barely used with less than 10 vampires that include white, and all of them multicolor with black
So they either have their commander be the most obvious black or BR, in which case many, if not most, of the Ixalan deck would not be able to be included in the commander deck without changing most of it, including the commander, or it will have to include W, which will be barely used in it except for some of those aforementioned WB vampires and sorceries, artifacts etc, of which they would not be able to add many anyway since they are definitely going to fill the deck with cards like Urge to Feed, Exquisite Blood and, hopefully, Vampiric Tutor
>>
>>54442452
well ya build what you want and if thats slivers then by all means go for it just be aware the table will hate you and plan accordingly
>>
>no elemental tribal

A little part of me died today.
>>
>>54442514
>(Also remember that Ixalan will have a small set -- Rivals of Ixalan. That, and not HoD, is the last Small Set)
Before Rivals there is Explorers of Ixalan

http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/coming-soon
>>
>>54442544
Mardu Vampires has been asked for for ages. W has a ton of life gain related support and a good amount of WB Vampires in Zendikar and Sorin-related cards. Add to that that Ixalan's Vampires are bound to have at least 1 or 2 good white ones among them and there is no reason why Vampires would not want this guy to be Mardu.
>>
>>54442574
That's gonna be a reprint and premade deck set. Doubt it's gonna have new cards, since it's a board game.
>>
>>54441744
Those facial markings are Orzhov.

It's a Thrulls deck.
>>
File: Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg (639KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_JOU_05_Barger_1280x960.jpg
639KB, 1280x960px
>>54441644
Pls respond
>>
>>54442514
Im not taking part in your homosexual card experiment
>>
>>54441671
Because taking other people's turns can make them salty. Literally the only reason not to play Emrakul.
>>
>>54442575
>WB Vampires in Zendikar and Sorin-related cards.
Also RTR orzhov has BW vamps and vamp-themed spells.
>>
>>54442514
>You get 15 new cards, at least two of which must be "Generic" cards like Ash Basin or Command Tower that are in all the decks

Nope, there are 51-55 brand new cards across all the decks, printing command tower does not count as a new card.
>>
>>54441881
I'm so upset that it is wizards. Every other tribe so far seems fine.

But every wizard deck is the same Azami/Labman deck.

They don't need shit. Every set has a wizard printed in it. Every single set.
>>
>>54442600
>Dinobro realizes he can't do it with the parts WotC would have had.
>Calls challenge gay.
>>
>>54442568
Horde has enough shit. Elementals are well represented in all colors but black. Cinders kind of sucked and things that normally would be elementals are usually horrors if they are in black.
>>
>>54442628
>printing command tower does not count as a new card.
Never said it would, but every year of commander grants a new "Staple" or two. Command Tower, Commander's Sphere, Opal Palace, and Ash Basin have been some of the examples from past years.
>>
>>54442586
id probably run at least 26-28, that said way to build the same athreos deck that literally everyone else has you unoriginal faggot
>>
>>54442634
It's not set in stone to be Wizards. If anything, it looks closer to Rogues than Wizards and those are also in U.
>>
>>54442657
Ya but horde itself is a boring commander.
>>
>>54442659
and this years staple will be a tribal based one, Tribal Tower - As it comes into play choose a creature
{t} add {c} to your mana pool if you spend this mana on a creature of that type it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Or something like that.
>>
File: índice.jpg (74KB, 730x410px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
74KB, 730x410px
Vampires here we go;
>>
>>54442684
what if they reprint cavern of souls? i dont think they will but it would be nice.
>>
>>54442684
>TFW wizards actually gives EDH decks expensive reprints by putting Cavern of Souls in all the tribal decks
>TFW nobody can find complete C17 decks as scalpers can turn a quick buck noting that they are literally worth it at MSRP just for the cavern
>TFW the same faggots constantly shrieking about commander decks having no value start shrieking about the scalpers

It'd be glorious.
>>
>>54442750
Well with Cavern you could easily find the rest of the deck for cheap opened without the cavern, but i guess people might care a bit too much about that.

The commander sets are easy money for Wizards so they do not have to put that much value into it and it will still sell like hot shit.
>>
File: zada.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
zada.png
129KB, 223x311px
Secret tech for Zada?
>>
>>54442939
Kari Zevs expertise+ <3 mana cantrips+storm
>>
>>54442682
I dunno. Casting evoked shit or stuff like Maelstrom from the yard doesn't seem boring.

Elementals don't really have much identity so him being built on the Evoke ability seems to make sense.
>>
That vampire lord looks pretty cool. If the power level is right, I might play it.

Now, I have absolutely no interest in a wizards tribal. I think it might actually be clerics into demons, which seems like it could be spicy as fuck, particularly if it's UB or BR. Something like:

Cleric Guy
2UBR
Legendary Creature, Cleric
Lifelink, Vigilance

T, sac three creatures: search your deck for a demon creature and put it onto the battlefield tapped.

3/6
>>
>>54442574
It's a board game dumbass
>>
When do you think we'll get more information about the precons?
>>
>>54442747
They don't print cards that are quite that expensive in EDH precons because either A. the card stays expensive and people would scalp the fuck out of them or B. they tank the price of the card and people who already have them get upset.

Having just reprinted Cavern shifted up to Mythic Rare, there's no chance it'll be in any c17 decks.
>>
>play group has decided to pick up one of the new commander decks each and play them when they come out
>one of them picks cats off gate before anyone else picks something

is he gay?
>>
>>54443011
Spoiler season is a week before launch, August 14th
>>
>>54443029
Thanks.
Are vampires and wizards confirmed?
I've been away for a while and can't understand if people is still guessing or if we have some hints
>>
>>54442662
What the fuck else am I supposed to do? Just run WB goodstuff? The fuck else can I possibly do with Athreos besides soul sister horse shit and demon tribal?

I built it before as reanimator centric and got called unoriginal for breaking theme. Now I build it in-theme and you give me shit for that? Fuck you.
>>
>>54442736
That's gotta be Edgar Markov. No way it's not. And he better be fucking Mardu colors
>>
>>54443088
>i only play decks that others approve of on the internet

What are you even doing with your life anon?
>>
>>54443086
all guessing atm. Only Cats and Dragons confirmed
>>
>>54443025
Yes, now go fuck his boipussy
>>
>>54443097
I don't build it for approval, I'm just sick of being called unoriginal no matter what I do.
>Build it as good stuff
>WOW YOU ARE SO UNORIGINAL, ADHERE TO A THEME
>Build it with a theme
>WOW YOU ARE SO UNORIGINAL, EVERYONE DOES THIS
I'm going to build it this way anyway, just like I did before anyway. I'm just looking for tips, not autistic screeching because someone has seen a Shadowborn Apostle before.
>>
>>54443102
K, bless you anon.
>>
>>54443121
you are literally the only one autisticly screeching here anon
>>
>>54443137
See
>>54442662
He is the one that got triggered first.
>>
File: 1459214755675.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1459214755675.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>54442736
>Vampire Knights

Wizards please
>>
Isn't Rogue Cleric just a way to say Cultist?
>>
>>54443177
A healer with a dagger that hides really well isn't the same as someone who worships a cult, anon.
>>
>>54443189
Yes it is, if they heal people with that dagger.
>>
>>54443163
wbr knight tribal plz
>>
I'm really thinking the last deck is going to be Dimir or Grixis (vamps will be Orzhov or Mardu, hopefully Mardu. I mean, they could go Rakdos, but I doubt they will), and not clerics, in the latter case specifically because Clerics would be another w/x nonblue deck and we've already got cats and probably vamps on white. Yeah they're not doing a balanced color wheel but all the same I can't see them totally leaving out blue except in the 5c.

And Esper Clerics is not a thing. Blue provides literally nothing to the Cleric tribal.
>>
>>54443002
>clerics
>without white
No.
>>
>>54443300
Anon there are a lot of black clerics.
>>
>>54443322
And there's just as many white clerics, if not more.
>>
>>54443322
But the primary core of the tribe identity was white, and while >>54443002 floated Grixis there are basically none in Red or Blue, so that's retarded.

The core of what Wizards is trying to do is "Give the people what they want" and they may be stupid but they aren't stupid enough to defy expectations by making their tribal commander a shitty off-color version of the tribe.
>>
Edgewalker reprint then
>>
>>54442522
That doesn't exclude the tons of cat themed decks out there pre-amonkhet.
>>
>>54443358
Dragons are typically Jund or R, and not 5C. And look what we are getting.
>>
File: 1474705810255.png (49KB, 448x439px) Image search: [Google]
1474705810255.png
49KB, 448x439px
>>54443272
Those are clearly Innistrad vampires, so they're at least Black/Red. White is a possibility to fit in Sorin-related stuff/Orzhov-colored vampires/ Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter reprint.

The last deck is a wild-card for me. I want it to be Blue/something but Wizards/Rogues might be a thing.
>>
>>54443322
there is a crap load of black clerics
>>
>>54442052
I got a Japanese breed lethality at my Wal-Mart here. Think it's still on shelves
>>
>>54443358
>>54443322
Yes, there may be many white clerics, but the point is that the clerics SUMMON the demons. There are practically no white demons.

If you want to run "white clerics" just play Ayli and boom, there you go, the exact deck you want. Grixis demons and clerics would let you have the best of both worlds, without subjecting the deck to Edgewalker and all its fuckery.
>>
>>54442574
>Four 60-card decks (no new cards)
From your own link.
>>
>>54443378
5c still contains Jund while Grixis does NOT contain white, and the most iconic dragons have been across all five colors (Elders, Invasion, Planeshift, Scion, Tarkir). 5c dragons have been an established thing in a way that colors other than black and white for clerics has NOT.
>>
>>54443415
Okay fine, Esper Clerics. Fucking happy?
>>
So, hopes and dreams for the final one?

What colors? Assuming Vamp is Mardu and Wizards or Rogues is UB.
>>
>>54443410
Except this is tribal commander. The face legend is Tribal Eminence. What you are suggesting is demon tribal, which would have put a fucking demon on the face and not a random chick with zero demonic tells.
>>
>>54443424
Anon we are only getting 4 decks.
>>
>>54443424
I want Mardu Vampires and I want WUBG clerics.

Probably wouldn't happen in a gorillion years tho.
>>
>>54443378
>What is Niv-Mizzet
>What are the Tarkir Dragonlords (Plus all the various FRF/DTK dragons in all colors)
>What are the Kamigawa Dragons
>What are the Primeval Dragons
>What are the Planeshift Dragons
>What are the Elder Dragons

Dragons may be primarily Red, but that doesn't mean they branch out into other colors. Wizards does shit like this all the time, like White Merfolk/Zombies or Green Goblins
>>
>>54443431
You're quite the party pooper, aren't you captian fun-ruiner?

Ever think that the reason wizards doesn't print anything interesting is because people like you bitch about all sorts of nonsense whenever they try to do something different? Clerics in general is a poor tribe to pick, the least they can do is print some juicy demons or zombies or something for the clerics to worship.
>>
>>54443455
You mean the exact fucking things clerics do? We just got a mono Red Cleric in Hour for fucks sake.
>>
>>54442736
>Volkan Baga art
>B/W Vampires

Please stop, my dick can only get so erect
>>
>>54443013
Wasn't original Sol Ring quite expensive?
>>
>>54443431
to be fair if it is clerics, it could have an eminence effect that fetches other demons or clerics

Eminence - As long as Cleric bitch is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you may sacrifice 5 cleric creatures to search for a demon card from your deck and place it onto the battlefield.

Non eminence ability: Improvise/Convoke using clerics
>>
>>54443423
What does blue do for clerics? NOTHING. There are no iconic blue clerics. There are barely more than a dozen blue clerics, precisely 0 of which are not from a) god blocks Theros and Amonkhet where clerics are fucking everywhere because that's the theme of the world or b) Old frame legacy choices.

You can build esper clerics (it's a better call than Grixis by FAR), but most rational people won't: they'll build Orzhov, which is actually the color set that fully contains the cleric identity.
>>
>>54443468
Very.
>>
>>54443478
>There are no iconic blue clerics.
Stopped reading there. Why does this mean they can't make some? I'm not even arguing the deck will be blue clerics, but there's no reason it can't be.

To be honest it looks like wizards to me.
>>
>>54443459
I don't say what I would prefer to be true, but rather what the evidence suggests to be likely and possible. I'd love a thematic Skirsdag Demon Cultists EDH deck but we're not getting cross-tribal synergy decks in Year of the Tribe.
>>
>>54443025
Does he looks like one of those starbucks people?
>>
>>54443025
Does he play Yoshi in Mario Kart?
>>
>>54443499
>Why does this mean they can't make some?
Because they are sheep who pick a set of expectations and play to them. Blue clerics would be a total subversion, and Wizards isn't into that. They'd be about as likely to give us G/x vamps.
>>
>>54442939
Any spell that targets and also cantrips, like Accelerate, Crimson Wisps, or Expedite.
Chandra's Ignition can turn all of your creatures into a very painful boardwipe.
Fiery Gambit can draw you up to 9 cards for each creature and ridiculous amounts of mana.
Harnessed Lightning can net you a ridiculous amount of E, if you have cards that can take advantage of that.
Heat Shimmer and Twinflame double your guys.
Indomitable Creativity is a mass Polymorph.
Make Mischief gets you a 1/1 red Devil for each creature you control.
If you have a sacrifice outlet, Otherworldly Outburst turns all you creatures to 3/2 Eldrazi.
Spawning Breath gets you a bunch of 0/1 Eldrazi Spawn.
>>
>>54443153
That's hardly an autistic screech, just a rude comment.
Doing dumb quotes in all caps on the other hand...
Anyway, you build your deck on tapped out. Playtest them and buy the one that satisfies you more, you shouldn't care about people calling you unoriginal.
>>
>>54443468
>>54443487
It was like $10-$15 for a Revised one.
That's rather very far from Cavern of Souls.
>>
>>54443322
Those are called reverends.
>>
>>54443541
In short, ring before WotC Commander was basically what Vault is now.
>>
>>54442750
Remember true name nemesis?
>>
I'm just happy that all those (probably only one) anons insisting that we're getting an elf tribal got silenced for good.
>>
>>54443525
We know it's going to be UB or maybe Grixis though, just look at the colors used in the art of all the commanders.
>>
>>54443585
Which is exactly why it won't be clerics.
>>
>>54443585
>>54443592
Imagine if it's Shapeshifters.
>>
>>54443592
But they LOOK like clerics or cultists, it's going to be a demon tribal deck with cleric commander that does stuff like sacrifice clerics to summon demons
>>
File: Obzedat-Ghost-Council-Art.jpg (209KB, 1004x734px) Image search: [Google]
Obzedat-Ghost-Council-Art.jpg
209KB, 1004x734px
>>54443582
>TFW just wanted Spirit tribal
>Instead I get furry-bait cat memes, fedora-bait dragons, edgelord-bait vampires, and contrarian-bait humans people will argue over until the deck leaks
What a disappointment. Could have at least made Elementals or Demons or something. These tribes are shit.
>>
>>54443612
They look like a band of rogues the most, not Wizards nor Clerics. Rogues are also the most fitting color combination out of those three.
>>
>>54443617
How is Demons less edge lord than Vampires?
>>
>>54443612
>it's going to be a demon tribal deck
>The commander isn't a Demon
That isn't how it fucking works.
>>
>>54443638
It isn't, but Vampires have a ton of tribal support and Demons have fucking nothing.
>>
>>54443612
>>54443622
If it's demon clerics I just hope they don't tutor. A tutoring commander is about the most boring thing I can think of.
I'd be happy with rogues. I just built a Grixis rogue/combat triggers deck, I'm excited for more support.
>>
>>54443622
I am expecting wizards/rogues because it would be U deck to balance everything else out.

But the artwork doesn't give off rogue. Why would a bunch of rogues be kneeling in a circle like that?

It def gives a cultish ceremony vibe.
>>
>>54443609
Now that would be kinda cool. Sakashima and Evil Twin aren't staples or expensive but I'd still love to see them. (and with the changes to the Legend Rule, Evil Twin on somebody's commander got a lot meaner)
>>
>>54443647
But that's an additional reason for why it could not be daemons
They can't really create 40+ new cards for a deck. Also, while Vampires have effectively a ton of tribal support, they are really lackluster in Commander, without a good commander or a truly effective strategy
>>
>>54443654
Maybe she's the Thief Queen
>>
File: 1487943356095.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487943356095.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Holy cow, murdering people with Grenzo is special kind of fun. Goading nasties, playing their decks, infinite combats. Grenzo is Top Gob.
>>
>>54443647
Demons have enough tribal support for a deck, thanks to Kamigawa and Innistrad offerings mostly. At least they have a nice pool.
>>
>>54443654
If you get a legend card you pose for it, and you get your crew to do the same. -_^

And Rogues have had kinda cultish vibes from time to time. The Dimir, in particular.
>>
>>54443724
>Demons have enough tribal support for a deck
Demons have legitimately two tribal support cards.
>>
File: 148.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Getting a Theros vibe from the last pic, are there any characters that haven't gotten cards yet?
>>
>>54443774
most oldwalkers, which have a pretty amazing backstory. i'd love to see some of them printed at some point.

Its crazy enough they are going so far back in time with Ramos, the possibility of Edgar Markov
>>
>>54443724
>Kamigawa
>Demon tribal support
Blood Speaker and what else?
>>
>>54443654
They could just go balls to the wall and make the Rogue Clerics.
>>
>>54442426
And that's great for EDH, the casual format.
>>
>>54443639
Except it is you fucking mong
Some of the most popular zombie tribal commanders aren't zombies
>>
File: black stealing things.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
black stealing things.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54443791
He probably means this
>>
>>54442299
I have never met anyone who has ever wanted to make a cat tribal, aside from me maybe. What cats do even green have that any sane person would want to play? Ajani obviously doesn't count, since he's not a creature.
Besides, Oldlivia was pretty good, but lacking white for Sorin. I have a boner for stealing my opponent's permanents, so there's that.
>>
>>54443937
Not that anon but, while what you're saying is true, I don't think it would make much sense for WotC to create a commander that doesn't look like the theme of the deck
Since in this situation they don't have to follow a plot or anything, it makes much more sense to make a commander that looks like the paragon for its "soldiers" in the deck
>>
>>54444032
Jedit Ojanen?
>>
>>54444032
Lots of cats from future sight were good. Also Mirri is a great beater on her own, shes mono green. the new cat tribal from amonkhet/HOU is also quite good.
The Ojanen whatever guy isnt too bad. Nacatl, but wont be played in this deck probably.
>>
are the kaladesh chapters posted online worth reading?
>>
File: 75[1].jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
75[1].jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54444032
>What cats do even green have that any sane person would want to play?

See you at pride.
>>
>>54444097
As much as I like Tezzeret, Kaladesh was a bore.
>>
>>54444097
No. Fucking nothing cool happened which is a huge let down on such a technologically advanced plane.

Would have been a great time to reintroduce Phyrexia, but fuck that apparently because god forbid anyone steel the spotlight from the Jacetice League.

Can you fucking imagine Phyrexian Gearhulks?
>>
>>54443464
Because Amonkhet was full of Clerics. That doesn't mean they're suddenly in the red color identity. Dragons have historically been all over the place whereas Clerics have not. They've always been mostly WB.
>>
>>54444097
Really the only important thing to note was that a kaladeshian made a planar bridge that Tez stole the plans/core of.
>>
>>54443617
Don't talk shit on dragons. They're a mainstay in Magic and fantasy history. There's nothing fedora about them.
>>
>>54443128
We have the artwork for the 4 leading generals. The new art confirms vampires beyond a doubt and the final deck has humans. The colors are unknown and the humans look most like clerics to me but they could be wizards or the deck could simply be human tribal.
>>
>>54444306
Clerics with Human subtheme or the inverse would be really cool instead of just "Cleric".
Would just depend on the colors really. If its Black/White I don't see lots of Human synergy unless all the humans are mono white
>>
>>54444058
I understand that but with demons it's the other way around, you don't have a leader for demons but since they are very powerful beings they're called in via rituals and sacrifice by their cultists and worshippers, and with zombies you have powerful living necromancers leading an undead horde. From a design standpoint wizards is not forced to make the "big demon king" or "big zombie king" or some othe dull concept like that, especially when they could do something hundreds of times more flavourful and interesting
>>
>>54444212
Fair enough
>>54444059
>>54444067
Jedit Ojanen isn't great, don't kid yourself. It's cute as token generator, though, but really inefficient.
Anyway, I checked and in my opinion playable ones are Hunting Cheetah, Jedit Ojanen, Mirri Cat Warrior (although I'm not fan of plain beaters), Nacatl War pride, Prowling Serpopard, Temur Sabertooth (absolute favorite of mine) and Qasali Pridemage. That's 7 green cats and I counted 15 playable monowhite cats, but if you're not playing enchantments, that's at least -1 for Ajani's Chosen and like -5 if you don't play equips, although there's little reason to not play equips if you're doing cats.
>>
>>54444267
>>54444272
>>54444281
How about the Amonkhet ones? I dont want to waste my time reading badly written/ boring garbage.
>>
>>54444367
Amonkhet was also pretty pointless.

Hour of Devastation was quite a bit better then amonkhet with a lot of focus on the individuals of the plane, rather then the GW
>>
>>54444367
Amonkhet has fewer stuff happening, but hour sees more stuff. Honestly if you just want to keep up with the lore, I'd suggest you to look for some youtube vid.
>>
File: perty.jpg (81KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
perty.jpg
81KB, 535x464px
>>54441744
GODDAMNIT why didn't they slivers...
>>
>>54444416
The same reason the didn't make elves, goblins and zombies.
>>
>>54444416
theres already 4 sliver commanders
>>
I can't be the only one who hates tribal and thinks it's one of the most uninspired and dull ways to build a deck, right?

I'm actually happy I won't have to give a shit about this year's commander products, lightens the load on my wallet.
>>
>>54444416
>wanting another meme tribe commander unironically
Besides, they have more than enough support. Because you feel they're stale, it's not enough that they get few new cards, as they're boring either way. They even have two extremely powerful commanders already anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (74KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
74KB, 800x720px
>>54443437
I want to die.
>>
>>54444367
Hour of Devastation had a couple good ones, like the one with absolutely no Gatewatch in it. Hour of Eternity or something like that.
>>
>>54444359
Adding another color to a tribal commander can just help from pigeonholing them into the monocolor good stuff trap.

Sure, you only get a half dozen or so cats from green, but now you can run cultivate and greater good.
>>
>>54444481
It largely depends on the tribe. Some of the tribes are gimmicky enough to be fun, but a lot of people build tribal "play a bunch of the same dudes and buff them" or just shit tokens everywhere. Or both. Sphinxes are a fun tribe because they have a lot of neat effects to play around with while Elves/Goblins get old fast because it pretty always turns into token spam, buff, swing for game.
>>
>>54444481
You're not the only one. There's a lot of people that hate each and every archetype.
>>
>>54444481
It isn't great, but it is an easy trap to fall into.

It is more fun if it is a tribe that doesn't just play as shitty aggro. Elementals is a lot of fun because they don't just run thirty lords and overwhelm you with dudes.

Same with a few other ones. I tried to build Zombies three times in an interesting way and failed.
>>
>>54444367
Don't bother until we get away from the superfriends. It's all shit.
>>
>>54444416
Could it be that they are TOO tribal?
While there are cards that are strictly tribal for the other tribes, there are also a ton of cards that can work by themselves in other decks
Blood Artist is a vampire, but it can work in any deck
Slivers, on the other hand, are sliver tribal or nothing

It could also be that the reason is that the 4 tribes are recognizable for anyone, even someone that has never touched Magic, while I'm not sure there are slivers ouside of this game. Sure, there are other brood mind creatures in other settings like the Tyranids, but there isn't an iconic version of them like the blood-sucking vampires or the flying reptiles dragons
>>
File: jokulhaups.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
jokulhaups.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54444572
Lies, nobody hates stax.
>>
I really wish they would've gone with 5 decks this time. As it is, blue is looking pretty under-represented even if the final commander has blue. There are also a lot of other popular but underused tribes that could've used the love of one more deck, like Knights or Horrors.
>>
>>54444561
To be honest, I think Zombies are one of the most interesting tribes if you don't bother with the simple lords or token spam. There's a whole bunch of fun synergy and recursion to play off of instead.
>>
>>54444610
>blue is looking under-represented
The horror.
>>
>>54444555
Sure thing. Maybe they'll print some more new green cats that makes them ay least playable meme tribe. As most cats are low power and go wide rather than tall, I'd use Shamanic Revelation or similar as an argument rather than Greater Good.
>>
>>54444610
>blue is looking pretty under-represented even if the final commander has blue.
What? If the final commander is Blue it has just as much representation as R and G you fucking pavement ape.

Holy shit Blue Mages are such whiny entitled faggots.
>>
>>54444642
There's nothing inherently wrong with blue.
>>
>>54444697
I'd exclude red because dragons have lots of good dragons to use while blue much less so. I agree about green though. Just because blue was the first example I thought of does not mean I'm concerned about blue the most. My main concern lies in the second part of my post.
>>
>>54444706
No. The wrong is entirely on who likes blue. Must be the most entitled fucks on MtG.
>>
>>54444706
Blue is a greedy, gluttonous cunt who took a humongous piece of pie and left very little for the others.
>>
>>54444680
Literally just pulling cards out my butt for the example. Works well with his eminence though.
>>
>>54444706
>Has the best draw
>Has the best instants
>Has the only good Counterspells
>Has the second most "no fun allowed" cards
Yeah nothing wrong with blue at all.
>>
>>54444706
Blue is the most unfun color.
>>
File: WitheringBoon.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
WitheringBoon.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Counterspells being mostly locked in one color is a design mistake. Interacting with spells on the stack is too important in this game for only blue to be allowed to do it proficiently.
>>
>>54444976
Agreed. Give other colors Counterspells Wizards.
>>
>>54444481
Yeah tribal is pretty braindead and bland. Dunno why other casuals gobble its cock so much.
>>
>>54444976
If you make it the new standard to remove shit on the stack for every color then we'll soon reach Yu-Gi-Oh levels of powercreep where everything needs 5 layers of protection to even survive 1 turn on the board.
>>
>>54445018
some tribes are fun and interesting, like allies and maybe wizards
>>
>>54444923
>>54444854
>>54444761
>>54444746
And it also has a lot of mechanically interesting cards. It's also a necessary evil in that being able to interact with the stack directly keeps other colors from going out of control. I'd say it's tied with Black for best draw considering that Black has some of the historically best draw, even if most of it is sorcery speed. Yes, it has some unfair cards, but so does every color and there are plenty of things it can't do. And I don't get what you mean by "unfun", because that's wholly subjective.

>>54444976
I agree that more colors should have the option, but as it stands, they don't. I'd love more cards like Guttural Response.
>>
>>54445045
I just need some way to run more copies of Seed Time so I can get overpowered responses to blue fuckery.
>>
>>54445045
>And I don't get what you mean by "unfun", because that's wholly subjective.
Cards that shut down fun. White is the biggest offender, but Blue is a strong runner-up.
>>
>>54445018
Tribes like gobbos, knife-ears, and zambies are easy to build and make casuals think they're good at deck building because they made use of the obvious synergy. It's a feel good archetype for noobs to fall back on.

It also has some interesting tribes though, so it's not entirely braindead. It's just that when you hear tribal, you immediately think of the ones that go wide with lots of pumped up tokens or bodies.
>>
>>54444976
it's a little too late to expand color pies like that. i think it's fine that blue can answer certain threats optimally that other colors kinda can't, it's more that counterspells have been costed ridiculously efficiently in the past, so when we see counterspells in EDH they're almost all insanely good
>>
Started playing a Marath tokens build last month and I ended up cutting both parellel lives and anointed procession
more token producers seemed to be much better when board wipes are coming so frequently
anyone else playing tokens that did this?
>everything needs 5 layers of protection to even survive 1 turn on the board.
lolwut
>>
>>54445039
Allies are literally "I play dudes so my dudes all trigger my dudes"

And yeah, SOME tribal can be interesting but you and I both know the Coat of Arms style tribal is far more common and seems to get the most love.

>>54445103
Huh, I guess that does make sense.
>>
>>54445018
>Yeah tribal is pretty braindead and bland.
its the only way I can get grills to play with me
>>
>>54445085
Control is a fun archetype for some, as is stax. I'm not big on stax, but I can see the appeal of it. Control can be fun to pilot if you have an end game. Something like Talrand for instance. Your goal is clear with him. You control while you build a critical mass of drakes to swing with.
>>
>no actual Angel tribal stuff still
Kaalia doesn't count as tribal support and you know that.
>>
>>54445036
You just need to make it balanced. Withering Boon is a perfectly fine black counterspell for example, you have Mana Tithe effects in white and green/red could have the flipside, getting more ways to get around counterspells like Shusher or Guttural response.
>>
>>54445143
>>Allies are literally "I play dudes so my dudes all trigger my dudes"

well isn't that what nornal MTG basically is. allies have a lot of diverse synergy with each other. whenever I browse magiccards.info, i tend to see awesome tribal synergies, but only within the ally tribe. i haven't built allies but they definitely seem one of the more interesting tribes

>And yeah, SOME tribal can be interesting but you and I both know the Coat of Arms style tribal is far more common and seems to get the most love.

yeah no one's arguing against "big anthem tribals are boring"
>>
>>54445154
I know anon, I was hoping too.

its really aggravating given how much synergy dragoons already have but still got a new deck. While angels have almost no tribal synergy and have to languish in it..
>>
>>54445121
That's the current state of yugioh, or at least it was not long in the past. If your monster wasn't hexproof, indestructible, and didn't have a big body, it was dying immediately. Right now, the more prevalent decks either have this or its monsters are dispensible and it can combo off of a single card.

This is came about because Yugioh doesn't give you the option of attacking a player directly, so you have to go through their monsters every time. Harder to kill monsters and really efficient removal is the name of the game because of this.
>>
File: chaos warp.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
chaos warp.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
>>54445045
>>54444976
What if Withering Boon could target any spell? What if Chaos Warp and Beast Within could target spells? I feel like that would be fair.
>>
>>54445238
I feel like Chaos warp targeting a spell would be logistical rules nightmare.
>>
Alright lads, is there any way in hell to turn all my lands into demons in a Rakdos the Defiler Demon tribal deck? It'd obviously be possible with Living Lands and Conspiracy, but that'd unfortunately mean playing Jund for just that combo.

There's got to be a way to really make Rakdos work properly and not just cry in agony after he gets killed before dealing any damage and making you sac half your lands.
>>
>>54445257
How so? There are already "return target spell or permanent to its owner's hand / library" effects in blue.
>>
>>54445238
I would love to see a chaos warp that only worked on the stack
plz wizards
I want my red opponents to do this to me
>>
>>54442139

Why?
>>
>>54442154
>Just so you know literally everyone will hate you off the table the second they see slivers
oh no on turn seven you will have 3 craw wurms coming at you
OH THE HORROR
>>
>>54445257
>>54445320
Make it so that the spell does nothing and Cascades instead.
>>
>>54445291
kormus bell, urborg and conspiracy if we want to get real janky
>>
>>54445413
>Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard. then the owner of the spell shuffles it into his or her library and reveals the top card of his or her library. If it is a permanent card, he or she puts it onto the battlefield

its a lot of text and probably needs a keyword in order to fit onto a card but the verbiage is there from other cards like remand and Memory Lapse + chaos warp
>>
>>54445526
>put it into its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard. then the owner of the spell shuffles it into his or her library
this can be consolidated to
>that player shuffles it into his or her library
>>
>>54445526
>he or she
>he or she
>he or she
>he or she
>he or she
>he or she
>he or she
its times like this that I wish they would just pick one and stick with it
>>
>>54444976
I rather agree, Imo the ideal pie for countering should be

>Blue
Hard counters like cancel/counterspell
>White
Taxing counters/Mana Leak effects, make Mana Tithe part of the real pie.
>Red
Doesn't actually counter spells but redirects targeted spells like a fucking champ. Keeps fork effects too.
>Green
"Fuck off don't touch my stuff" hexproof/avoid fate effects but not really able to shut down spells that aren't blocked out by that.
>Black
Black kills creatures once they're on the field and preempts effects with discard, doesn't mess with the stack.
>>
>>54445603
It could be worse, WotC could move to a singular they.

They're probably gonna do it but still...
>>
File: 149[3].jpg (82KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
149[3].jpg
82KB, 312x445px
>>54444976
>>54445238
WotC has admitted in the past that Unsummon effects could be reasonably placed in Red, so I imagine in a more Stack-interaction heavy version of Magic, we'd have seen a Red Unsubstantiate kind of effect.
>>
>>54445678
How would that be "worse"?
>>
>>54445678
Isn't that the generic english way to refer to someone of whom you ignore the gender?
>>
>>54445678
this would be a strict improvement
>>
>>54441395
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54445775
Yes. They and Their. It's overloaded acting for both singular and plural neuter pronouns, but it still works.
>>
>>54445678
this has more to do with playability than it does about wizards promoting homosexual dragons or some shit
>>
>>54445678
Are you one of those idiots trying to politicize it rather than accepting the singular they has been an established linguistic convention for literally centuries?
>>
>>54445678
it would be an improvement to the wording practices. wordings would be shorter and simpler.

if you would oppose that because of "muh sjws" then you are just as retarded as the people complaining that "he or she" doesn't include their gender. it's a fucking card game
>>
>>54445700
>>54445789
>>54445859
Singular they is just confusing.
>it would be an improvement to the wording practices. wordings would be shorter and simpler.
Simply "he" is even better.
>>
>>54445897
>Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's library instead of into that player's graveyard. then the owner of the spell shuffles it into their library and reveals the top card of their library. If it is a permanent card, they puts it onto the battlefield

As long as your subject isn't ambiguous (as with ANY pronoun) it is literally drag-and-drop. No reason to not use a neuter pronoun when that's exactly what it is meant for.
>>
>>54445897
>Simply "he" is even better.
well thats never going to happen
so "they" wouldnt be so bad
any custom card fags want to take normal cards and replace the wording with they instead of he/she? I would but I dont know what site to use and Im at work
>>
>>54445678
>>54445897
MaRo's been asked about it a dozen times and every time he's said every time anyone suggested it, the rules editors have shut it down. They're not moving to singular "they" and they're definitely not moving to "he", since they'd get torn to fucking shreds for it on the PR side.
>>
File: CyclonicRift.jpg (25KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
CyclonicRift.jpg
25KB, 223x311px
>>54445685
We must go deeper.
>>
>>54445933
I like it
>>54445951
dear god what have you done...
>>
>>54445951
I like the hot sauce mana symbol.
>>
File: flash.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
what's the best (hopefully build-around) commander for doing stuff at instant speed without being completely shit? not necessarily counterspells, I just want to be able to flash in stuff in response to other stuff since so many of my decks tend to just tap out on my own turn and hope for the best.

i've been theorycrafting ephara, but it's a little janky and i was wondering if there was something better. the commander should be able to help me answer or just shit out enough card advantage that i can just fill my deck with instants and flash creatures. i don't really want to rely on drawing a flash enabler every time

>>54445897
but "he" isn't accurate
>>
>>54444416
we already have fucking legion what else could you want?
>>
File: 19[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
19[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>54445933
>>54445934
The argument from the Rules team is basically that the issue comes with things like, say, Deadly Tempest, where something happens to "each player" but requires a calculation specific to those players. It'd be clear to anyone already familiar with these kinds of effects, but it wouldn't necessarily be clear in a vacuum, or to new players.
>>
>>54445974
It's lava, thank you very much.
>>
>>54445982
Teferi.
Play everything at instant.
>>
>>54445982
rashmi is generally the best commander for tribal flash
>>
>>54446015
>Teferi.

i'd build the shit out of him if he had an extra color in his identity, but as it is, monoblue both bores me to death as well as disgusts me
>>
>>54445991
>Destroy all creatures. Each player loses life equal to the number of creatures they controlled that were destroyed this way

I don't see the issue. 'They' still refers to each instance of 'player' in this situation.
>>
>>54444416
We'll get them in Dominaria, my slivah.
>>
>>54441591
baral just want to keep those pesky pyromancers in check
>>
>>54446033
ah yeah that seems pretty good, too bad that rashmi is kind of a frail body. i guess since i have access to green and blue, it shouldn't be that hard to protect her. also too bad simic is kinda expensive to build

good suggestion though, i'll theorycraft for her a little. if anyone else has more suggestions, i'm still open
>>
>>54446038
Find someone that helps you with tutor/recursion for artifacts and run vedalken orrery.
>>
>good ending
wizards replaces every instance of "he or she" with "they"
>true ending
nothing changes, ever
>bad ending
wizards replaces every instance of "he or she" with "he, she or they"
>>
File: 1489808289365.jpg (170KB, 1323x983px) Image search: [Google]
1489808289365.jpg
170KB, 1323x983px
Come up with a better spread of 4 tribal decks than WoTC

>Easy mode: No Goblins/Elves/Zombies/Slivers/Anything with decent tribal suport
>Hard mode: Keep two of the decks as WUBRG Dragons and WG Cats

>WUBRG Dragons
>WG Cats
>BR Demons
>WUB Spirits
>>
>>54446057
You overestimate the comprehension of the average player.
>>
>>54445154
They have that colorless and a half dozen cards from the two innistrad blocks.

Including new Bruna.
>>
Why not just say "it" when referring to the players, since we're subhumans all anyway
>>
>>54445603
Yeah. Who are they kidding anyways, it's all fatbeards who play it anyways.
>>
>>54446106
>"he, she or they"
this will be our future
Mark Noseberg will see to that
>>
>>54446144
Suck my nonexistant dick. I'll get my husbando Sorin to fight you.
>>
>>54446144
NUH UHHHHHH!
WE AT MAGIC THE EBIN AMETURING XDXDXD ARE SUPER MAGIC FANS!
>>
>>54446107
>>BR Demons
Fuck off. Demons should be mono B.
>>WUB Spirits
YES. PLEASE.
>>
>>54446108
I'm too used to Yugioh where you need a rulebook in one hand and a magnifying glass in the other.
>>
>>54446192
>I'll get my husbando Sorin to fight you
you dont have to pretend to be gay just to white knight for girls who dont even exist
>>
>>54446224
You won't have to pretend to like it when I peg you.
>>
>>54446107
>WUBRG Dragons
>UBR Skeltals
>WG Cats
>B Horrors
That way each deck has a different number of colors and we don't repeat 4 color from last year. It also has a good spread of color representation.
>>
>>54446248
>heh nothing personal kid
>stabs you in the butt with a dildo
>>
>>54446200
>implying the little rulebook that yugioh gives you from the starter decks helps at all.
Nigga you need a cell phone with the judge facebook group open and wikia printouts.
>>
>>54446279
Yes that is what I meant.
>>
It should have been rats. Or skeletons. Or oozes.
>>
>>54446082
>>54446033
ok i started brewing rashmi and i realized i hate the simic goodstuff playstyle and i don't really see an appealing way to avoid falling into that

i'm going to try something else
>>
>>54446133
A lot of angels =/= Angel Tribal
There's literally 5 cards in the entire game that care about Angels.
Bladed Bracers
Bruna, the Fading Light
Halo Hunter
Angelic Fountain
Kaalia of the Vast
And that is it. One of those is generic big creature support, the other is specifically against Angels.
>>
File: 92b[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92b[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54446266
There are 117 black or colorless horrors, and 80 horrors that are nonblack or multicolor.

You'd miss out on some damn good horrors in mono B.
>>
File: 1435709698226.jpg (128KB, 526x511px) Image search: [Google]
1435709698226.jpg
128KB, 526x511px
>>54446277
*unsheathes*
>>
>>54444476
And how many other dragon and vampire commanders, eh ?
>>
>>54446324
Switch it to Grixis horrors and mono-B skeltals then.
>>
>>54446321
Meant Seraph Sanctuary instead of Fountain.
Also admittedly forgot Scroll of Avacyn.

Not like that makes a difference.
>>
>>54446321
You missed Defy Death.
>>
>>54446305
>brewing rashmi
I can't even begin to comprehend the relation between those two words.
>>
>>54446335
Slivers don't need more because the 4 they have cover every facet of their gimmick that needs covering and are actually good. Dragons can hit a lot more and a lot of them aren't good as commanders as is.
>>
>>54446367
i wanted to be unique and make like mostly flash creatures and cutsey instants that aren't all counterspells

it went about as well as you might think
>>
>>54446335
Not every legendary creature is automatically a tribal commander.

Shit like the Planar Chaos dragons or the DTK Dragonlords are dragons but would make for terrible Tribal commanders.
Meanwhile, every single Sliver commander is specifically built for tribal.
>>
>>54445986
well, I don't have it because it costs 50$
and I would have very much liked a complete package in one go, like those premium series packs, that I never got to buy since I started playing last year
>>
>>54446367
People refer to building decks as "brewing", in the sense of "homebrew" decks. So they meant they were putting together a Rashmi deck or looking for cards to put in one.
>>
>>54441755
>forgetting hope of ghuirapur
>>
>>54445837
No, but it would get fucking confusing in rules-ese.
>>
>>54446107
Naya/jund wurms
UB horrors
>>
>>54446448
>>54446448
>>54446448

New thread. Hop on over whenever
>>
NEW THREAD

>>54446479
>>54446479
>>54446479
>>54446479
>>
>>54446490
>>54446465
Oh for fuck's sake...
>>
>>54446376
>>54446405
all right, i concede the point

still salty though, especially since they lost in favor of fucking cats, who are arguably a much bigger meme
>>
>>54446175
that's my post and suck my cock
>>
>>54446422
that's only $10 less than the precon would have cost
>>
>>54443025
He's a furry, so yes.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.