[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 61

File: atalya.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
atalya.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Previous: >>54357704

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Ever play a commander who doesn't really pull their weight, or even necessarily even contribute? Did you end up with an OK deck/experience anyway?
>>
first for toshiro umezawa.
>>
>>54371030
Are there any suggestions that the commander product will get more than the lackluster spoiler season that the last few have gotten?
dont they just full out spoil them a week before they release and do no other spoilers before then?
what a complete wet blanket
>>
File: Sexiest Man in Magic.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sexiest Man in Magic.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>54371030
>Ever play a commander who doesn't really pull their weight, or even necessarily even contribute? Did you end up with an OK deck/experience anyway?
many of the partner commanders are like this
its ok
I play a mono black Veldrane of Sengir deck because hes one good looking son of a bitch
its a fun deck I bring out against craw wurm metas it makes a lot of mana and plays big overcosted spells.
>>
>>54371078
>Are there any suggestions that the commander product will get more than the lackluster spoiler season that the last few have gotten?
No.

TribalCommander is going to pretty much drop all at once, maybe over the course of a week if we're lucky. We only know a damn thing about it because WotC has sprung more leaks than a sieve lately.
>>
File: mylove.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mylove.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>54371030
It functions without her, but always having a body ready to pick up the equips and become a potential rape-train is nice.
>>
>>54371030
Depending on the boardstate Mishra is pretty much dead weight, and the deck is just Grixis Artifacts. There's been games where he doesn't even come out because I haven't got Possibility Storm out or I know that my opponent's deck doesn't have any worthwhile artifacts to steal. It's still a fun themed deck and still operate as an average Artifacts Combo deck.
>>
File: You're a big Crab.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
You're a big Crab.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
How many people here actually bought Commander Anthology? How long will you think it'll take for it to drop below $100 like Planechase Anthology did?
>>
File: Image.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>54371030
I've always felt like this guy doesnt really do much for his deck (food chain combo) other than give all 5 colours and then tutor up a win con once you ready. This has always bothered me because at least fcp uses prossh as a part of the combo not just to get something else to let them win.
>>
>>54371290
I doubt it will because people actually want the commander precons. The planechase decks are all garbage.
Plus they specifically chose waifu commanders to reprint as foils.
>>
>>54371710
What more do you want? He immediately tutors for any number of allies and can pump them infinitely large. Pretty good infinite mana outlet that is always available. No other 5-color general would lead his deck better.
>>
>>54371290
I bought two of the lifecounters and got another one by accident. I was considering the Anthology because the value is there, but I have enough precons and can always buy a Titania or Stranglehold if I want to.
>>
>>54371710
>his deck
her deck
>>
>>54371710
>>54371754
You two do know Tazri is a girl right?
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Tazri
>>
>>54371030
Haha, OP you seemed to have forgotten to include the Discord info. Here is the link.

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

It's an honest mistake though so don't beat yourself up about it. Just try to remember for next time.
>>
>>54371068
Fifteenth for "competitive toshiro" is an oxymoron.
>>
>>54371877
Have you ever played against it?
>>
>>54371801
Having defined pecs and gorgeous flowing locks does not make him a girl.
>>
>>54371897
Against your specific pet list that you say is competitive? No I haven't. Post it so I can laugh at your definition of competitive.
>>
>>54371916
Oh, so your opinion isnt based on experienced. What do you base it on?
>>
>>54371754
I would say that i want the deck to play the commander before it immediately wins. Most games ive seen with him you just scoop once they get all the peices.like it seems like the deck would be the same if the commander was a five colour blood artist because thats more or less all tazri is, a legend thats five colours that gets a zulaport cutthroat.
>>
>>54371911
>Wizards directly states Tazri is female in every article and story that has her in it
>"nope, it's a guy, what I say goes and what's official are lies"
???
>>
>>54371799
>>54371801
Didnt actually know that.
>>
>>54371936
If you're so sure that your deck is competitive, then surely you don't posting the list for proof.
>>
>>54371996
I will, I've got to put it into tapped out first. In the meantime, tell me the basis of your opinion.
>>
>>54371996
>then surely you don't mind*
>>
>>54371877
Who ever said it wasn't?
>>
>>54371964
Don't bother, the guy doesn't read lore and stuff.
>>
>>54372012
Toshiro can't be competitive. Neither can mono-black. No decklist you make in either of the two categories can goldfish as fast/faster than the big dogs, nor is it as resilient as them, nor can it stop them pretty reliably. Some random anon on a board notorious for asking questions indicative of lacking deeper understanding about the game of Magic has not solved the puzzle everyone else couldn't, especially if you're using Praetor's Grasp and City of Brass in a mono-colored deck.
>>
>>54371801
I couldn't tell by the picture. Thought it was a long haired man.
>>
>>54371963
Yeah, pretty much. That's the cancer of combo piece commanders though. Prossh and Mikaeus function largely the same way.
>>
>>54372077
This guy.

>>54367798
>>54367859
>>54371897
>>
>>54372083
>Neither can mono-black.
You clearly believe that "Competitive" means Tier 1 and Tier 1 only, a list of 10 commanders. Extend even so far as 1.5 and you hit monoblack in the form of Dragons Sidisi and new challenger Razaketh.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>54372083
Most of the top tier combo decks rely on creature based combos. Monoblack control is uniquely positioned delay these decks from completing their combo early in the game, because you have the cheapest instant speed tutors and the cheapest suites of removal.

Have you even played competitive, or are you just mindlessly regurgitating the "lolt2kill" meme?
>>
Can you build a deck on tappedout without putting it online for everyone to see, so that you can just deckbuild even if you don't yet have all the cards you need?
>>
>>54372185
And you clearly are looking for a way to back out of the corner you've painted yourself in. Post your shitty list so we can laugh at you.
>>
>>54372083
>Neither can mono-black.
Sidisi ANT.
>>
>>54372136
Oh, a faggot from the last thread, got it.

Toshi's pretty fun but yeah he's gonna flounder hard against Tier 1 and 2 cEDH
>>
>>54372218
yes.
>>
>>54372218
Sure, check the box for private while editing. I have almost a dozen private lists and no public ones.
>>
>>54372224
Oh, I'm not captain Toshiro. He sucks. I'm just fact-checking your claim about mono-black.
>>
>>54372110
Im fine with those two because they actually are part of the combo. Tazri just fetches you another part of the combo then does fucking nothing.
>>
>>54372218
Yes. Check "is private" in the deck settings. Make sure you uncheck it before posting it anywhere or people will laugh at you.
>>
>>54372218
Yeah, that's what the "Private" option is for, I use it all the fucking time to brew, theorycraft, and test.
>>
>>54371030
>Ephara flashbears gets fucking stupid once Ephara herself is online
>Akroma, Angel of Fury is her own win condition
>Eight-and-a-Half-Tails is a one card combo that can win through Commander damage in the right build
No... can't say I don't run any commanders that don't at least contribute.
>>
>>54372243
>>54372245
>>54372268
>>54372276
Thanks. I'm building a Brago deck but I'm not sure about balancing the mana cost of the various cards, and tapped out would really ease the job
>>
>>54372196
>monoblack control in cEDH

This is real weak bait anon.
>>
>>54372255
What? FCT makes infinite mana with Eternal Scourge and Food Chain, casts Tazri, tutors and casts Hagra Diabolist or Kalistria Healer, then exiles and recasts Tazri until everyone dies. Having Tazri in the zone is key.
>>
>>54372341
Now I know you're meming.
>>
>>54372376
>If I keep saying meme maybe he'll stop arguing with me
>>
>>54372401
If you offer a substantive response instead of meme arrows, I'll be happy to reply with something more than calling you a memester.
>>
>>54372196
>Most of the top tier combo decks rely on creature based combos
most of them rely on doomsday, storm or labman wins
most of the time your window of opportunity is very small and counter spells abound
>>
>>54372415
Take an actual fucking look at cEDH. Traditional control DOES NOT WORK. Blue counterspell control can't whack-a-mole every fucker at the table and MBC doesn't have the tools to shut out Tier 1/2 combos. Control works in cEDH by being stax and paralyzing combo decks before they can go off since they typically won't have a margin at first. MBC cannot and does not do that, it is pubstomp at best. Perhaps if you mean in duel? You have a slightly better chance but you still are unlikely to have the tools to disrupt out a combo player unless you drink the Stax kool-aid.
>>
>>54372347
Yeah but that could be any fucking ally. The fact that its tazri means nothing other than tutoring a blood artist effect and infinite etbs he does nothing.
>>
Wanna build an old border deck, who's a fun general?
>>
>>54371866
Seriously, I'm on the Discord and I get annoyed when I see you shill it like that. Make the OP yourself, or fuck off. I know how cancerous that circlejerk can get, so for the love of all that is holy, DON'T POST THE FUCKING LINK UNLESS YOU'RE THE OP!!!

ta ta, my friend.
>>
>>54371964
I was kidding you spaz.
>>
>>54372518
Dromar the banisher
>>
File: 244.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
244.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>54372518
>>54372548
>>
>>54372185
>Sidisi and Razaketh tier 1.5

Please tell me you're not deferring to that ridiculous tappedout tier list.
>>
>>54372573
It's the closest thing anybody's got to a decent source. If you don't like it, provide better.
>>
>>54372432
They rely on creatures to generate the mana necessary to combo off anon.

Doomsday is typically lab maniac, which dies to the removal. Other variants can be disrupted with instant speed discard, or my favorite, creature kill+misinformation.

The wonderful thing that Toshiro offers to mono black control is resiliency to the counterspells. Every murder in your hand is another opportunity to cast something that was countered.

>>54372477
Stax is perfectly viable in a mono black control shell.
>>
File: lands.png (34KB, 731x605px) Image search: [Google]
lands.png
34KB, 731x605px
land count obviously aren't final but i'm running too many nonbasic lands right?
>>
>>54372653
whos the commander nigger
>>
>>54372653
17 nonbasics is fine.
>>
File: Your opinions.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Your opinions.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>>54372653

>Lands that come into play tapped
>>
>>54372640
It's not a decent source. It's one random person's opinion who OCCASIONALLY moves things up or down slightly based on feedback from other random people. It's as decent of a source as any single post in this thread which is why deferring to it is worthless. In fact it's often time less than worthless because the person who made that list readily admits has hasn't played with/against the vast majority of the commanders, or the various builds of the commanders, in the first couple tiers.
>>
>>54372651
>Stax is perfectly viable in a mono black control shell.
Monoblack is terrible for Stax. If you have any evidence otherwise, say some respectable list or primer, present it.
>>
>>54372694
i don't have all the money in the world
>>54372668
GW selvala
>>
>>54372651
>Stax is perfectly viable in a mono black control shell.

Perfectly viable =/= competitively tuned

The best monoblack lists don't go stax for a reason.
>>
Working on this deck, and considering some new cards for it. Mind telling me which are junk and what to yank out?

>Deck:
http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftappedout.net%2Fmtg-decks%2Fmuzzio-machinery%2F%3Fcat%3Dtype%26amp%3Bsort%3D

>Cards under consideration
Engulf the shore
Blue Sun's Zenith
Staff of Nin
Myr Welder
Basalt Monolith
Ashnod's Transmogrant
Ashnod's Altar
Mage Ring Network
Foundry of the Consuls
Shrine of the forsaken gods

Also, does anyone happen to know some good ways I could get artifacts back from the graveyard that I'm missing?
>>
>>54372694
Dude he's fairly obviously on a tight budget, at least he knows better than to try to get away with 50% Forests and 50% plains.
>>
>>54372743
>GW selvala
oh she's my waifu
<3 you are going to want as many dual lands as you can because you NEED to ramp on t1 then have white mana on turn 2 to cast your commander
then a lot of your best turn 3 plays require 2 white
thats why I play 32 lands and only 16 basics
>>
>>54372541
Enjoy the (You)
>>
>>54372561
>>54372548
Huh, I completely forgot that the actual elder dragons had old borders too. I also don't have an Esper deck yet and play too little white, so this is a great idea!
>>
>>54372787
*Invasion I guess, but still
>>
>>54372769
thanks for the input! do you have a decklist i can look at? i've added a bunch of mana dorks and ramp spells, but other than the ramp spells who fetch basics, the dorks mostly tap for green.
so i def need to fix the white base so i can play selvala early
>>
File: Dragons.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>54372826
>>54372787
they are great always have at least one built
>>
Speaking of stax, a guy at my shop is bringing bant stax to my shop as soon as he finishes it. I flipped through it and nearly every card is angled against me. I don't mean to say I think he's trying to target me (he might be) just that his deck is very good against mine. It will require a decent amount of reconstruction to avoid being hosed by any of the 10-20 cards he's packing that tax spells, tap lands or turn off artifacts. I'm a little beside myself at how drastic his list will be. I'll need to order a lot of cards and rethink or scrap my deck. I like a good arms race but Jesus, this guy is going to defcon 1 awfully fast.

I'm sweating dudes, but I shall persevere.
>>
what color combo get access to the most cycling cards? I want to build an astral slide deck
>>
>>54372755
In terms of recursion the first thing that comes to mind is academy ruins. I play muzzio too but my list is a lot more combo oriented. What kind of muzzio build are you looking for?
>>
>>54372740
Monoblack lacks some of the stax pieces of other decks, but makes up for it with the best tutors in the game, mana consistency (relevant with a stax based deck), and good card advantage elements.
>>
>>54372829
this is an older version of this deck ive made it into a cEDH version since then but this is my preferred powerlevel version

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shrewed-negotiatore/
>>
>>54372906
thanks anon! i'll have a look on yours
>>
>>54372012
Where's that list, anon? Not getting cold feet are you?
>>
>>54372787
Dromar is part of the Primeval Dragon cycle, not the Elder Dragons.
>>
>>54372892
So you don't have any respectable decklists or primers to back up your claims?
>>
>>54372947
you'll have to wait, every shitpost I respond to is less time I can spend pretending to work and posting things on tapped out.
>>
>>54372882
I'd like to get more combos in, but I have two playgroups, one that's pretty casual and one more competitive. Second combos are fine, first one not so much. So currently it's mainly get a fat body out and crush, if mainly due to a lack of better methods. Reason I list those specific cards is that I can get them fairly cheap at the local shop, which is otherwise a bit lacking in selection.
>>
>>54372950
Yeah I just noticed after posting. I guess I have access to the Elder Dragons too, though.
>>
>>54372971
A quick google that you easily could have done yourself reveals this list, among many.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-black-stax-1/
>>
>>54373007
A quick google search for a random list on tappedout doesn't prove anything, much less for a commander few people think is a competitive commander.
>>
>>54373045
the pod results suggest viability. Moreover, it's in line with my experience playing mono black variants.
>>
File: marrying your work.jpg (1MB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
marrying your work.jpg
1MB, 1200x901px
>>54373007
>links a list with brainspoil in it to prove that monoblack stax is competitive
>>
File: 59[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
59[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
How have things been working out for you, other Scorpion players? There are a lot of cards I've been testing that I haven't been particularly satisfied with in practice, so what are the best actual -1/-1 counter cards in your experiences?
>>
>>54373007
this is way closer but also not exactly competitive, maybe squeak out a win every once in a while mostly its there to just play chainer because hes a cool guy, not really to win.
so inherently not competitive, but at least better than that list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chainer-resource-domination/
>>
>>54373078
>he thinks an uncounterable tutor for ad nauseam is bad
>>
>>54373079
i'm playing superior locust god, but black sun's zenith seems pretty good. crumbling ashes is alright too
>>
>>54373061
>diabolic revelation
>brainspoil
>increasing ambition
>diabolic tutor
>3.56 cmc
>last updated 4 years ago

Holy hell this is really good bait.
>>
who's more popular, Locus or Scarab?

Scorpion is definitely the least popular
>>
>>54373087
So this monoblack stax player is gonna tutor for a card he doesn't have in a deck with an average CMC of 3.56? You're being too obvious now, anon.
>>
>>54373124
played 10 games of multiplayer online played against 2 locus 0 scarab but id image thats not right
scarab is just such a value engine and not just a token generator like locus
>>
>>54372988
Here i'll post my list, its pretty expensive but maybe you can get some inspiration from it my dude :)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/muzzio-combo-1/
>>
File: harvest.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
harvest.png
139KB, 223x311px
this is one of the best green cards from amonkhet right?

by my calculations you can get at least two lands on turn 2
>>
>>54373151
I haven't even read the list anon, but brainspoil is not a bad card by any means. Unless you're retarded.
>>
>>54373152
Locust is a mana dump for infinite mana and generates value while digging for pieces.
>>
File: IMG_3160.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3160.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
what new cards did you get, /edh/?
>>
>>54373185
https://edhrec.com/cards/brainspoil
https://edhrec.com/cards/ad-nauseam
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/650850-sidisi-ant

Such a great card which is run by some many strong commanders. Lemme guess, your next post is gonna be "you fell for my shitposting scheme" isn't it?
>>
>>54371911
How can you distinguish pecs from tits when they are covered by a thick layer of steel?
>>
>>54373163
You can get more you just have to play bad cards :^)
>turn one: dryad arbor memnite ornithopter crimson kobolds phyrexian walker kobolds of kher keep and a crookshank kobolds to top it off draw for turn is that card
>turn two: draw and play mana crypt swing with everything then get 7 tapped lands :^)

Wow this cards so good WotC pls ban.
>>
>>54373352
His next post is going to be

>edhrec
>>
>>54373352
>>54373369
Sort of. My next post is going to be
>edhrec
>mtgsalvation

Those sites are only ever good for getting a rough idea of a deck, and almost always miss the hidden tech available to one that makes it great.
>>
File: 1499554812386.png (34KB, 373x310px) Image search: [Google]
1499554812386.png
34KB, 373x310px
>>54373240
>Foil Scorpion God
>Scarab God
>Magestic Myriarch
>Hour of Promise
>Claim to Fame
>Driven to Despair
>Endless Sands
>God-Pharaoh's Gift
>Oketra's Last Mercy
>Overcome
>Pride Sovereign

Pretty solid Fatpack, worth the $30.
>>
>>54373240
Stopping off at the post office in a few minutes. Hopefully Foil Purph.
>>
>>54373208
>Locust is an infinite mana dump
exposing morons to cEDH was a mistake
>has to be infinite colored mana
>doesnt net you card advantage
bad niv is strictly better for that purpose which is why nobody will ever use the locus for such a deck
>>
>>54373366
Hopefully the powerlevel will raise to non-shit tier with Ixalan
>>
>>54373389
>This isn't valid because I say it isn't valid

A 4chan classic. You can't be wrong if you don't accept it, right?
>>
>>54373124
Scarab is the most expensive, which is a pretty significant indicator as to which one is most desired, I'd expect.
>>
>>54373353
How can you determine if an anonymous comment on the internet is meant to be tongue-in-cheek?
>>
>>54373408
It does net CA, because you get Insect tokens. Card advantage is more than just the cards in your hand, anon.
>>
>>54373432
Locust is the most powerful though, i guess people are just seeing the upkeep ability and furiosly masturbating over a shitty tribal deck that obviously doesn't abuse or take advantage of the stealing power of the second ability
>>
>>54373430
EDH rec isn't valid for serious discussion because it's tainted by non competitive decks diluting the card pool. I've already said what purpose it is valid for.

The same is true to a lesser extent for MTGsalvation, since most posts there are for nonserious games. Also the population is retarded.

But go on, remove all nuance from the post and switch to the argument to something else. Now that's a true 4chan classic.
>>
>>54373437
Save for obvious bait i am accustomed to assume that every post is typed by either a retard or an autist
>>
>>54373518
Probably a good policy
>>
are there Dimir commanders that don't emphasize zombies or milling?
>>
>>54373518
Either?
>>
>>54373627
Someone who never planned on abiding by them.
>>
>>54373639
Tasigur comes to mind. He may be BUG but you can play him as UB easy.
>>
>>54373639
Nebuchadnezzar.
>>
>>54373639
the dragonlord
and hes actually not too bad
you also have sygg
you aslo have wydwyn((sp?) (my personal favorite)

just look at the list theres actually a bunch of them
people need to stop asking questions that could be answered so easily by just googling or better yet becoming used to the magiccards.info interface
>>
>>54373683
Dralnu, but only if your meta is fairly light on Blasphemous Act-type cards.
>>54373696 is a spicy surprise too.
>>
>>54373639
Circu
>>
>>54373639
https://edhrec.com/commanders/ub
>>
>>54373639
skellington ship
>>
>>54373657
An autist might appear retarded in some areas but it's actually an extremely specialised mind that focuses on only certain stuff
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>54373366
topkek
but dryad arbor + dork turn 1
land, tap for 2G and harvest for 2 lands on turn 2 seems pretty reasonable compared to other 2G spells that just adds one to the field and one to your hand.
it's got more potential as well but has the risk of being a dead card unlike the other ones.

I quite like it though, but i haven't played around with it
>>
>>54373885
you can tap dryad arbor as soon as it enters?
>>
>>54373945
no
>>
>>54373945
>>54373956
welp. im dumb. i always mess up that card
>>
>>54373240
The three Gods and Razaketh arrived today.

Going to try out Razaketh in teysa, no idea what to do with the Gods yet.
>>
>>54373473
Find any competitive decklist that's been updated within the last 6 months with Brainspoil in. I'll be around so take all the time you need.
>>
>>54373240
Gonna get Ranumap Excavator, Hour of Promise, Locust God and Razakeht as soon as my shop has them
>>
>>54373395
>overcome
>>
>>54373473
>>54374208
get a fucking room already
>>
>>54373240
Got the new Bolas. Kinda shit, honestly. He is only good at early game, but he costs 7 mana. There is no way he will deal with threats on the battlefield no mid/late game.
>>
>>54374367
It could be decent in W/G/x Tokens, I just wanna see if it's any good or not first.
>>
File: 123[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
123[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54374614
The joke being the comparison to Overrun, I assume. I guess it's alright if you would have trouble hitting GGG, but that should be doable in any Green deck.

Personally, Triumph of the Horde is probably one of the best versions of the effect.
>>
>>54374610
>+2 can protect itself when behind
>+1protects it from resources in their hand
>-4 blasts the largest threat

Sounds like a perfect control PW
>>
>>54373639
Dimir Sygg is awesome
>>
>>54374799
>+2
that's only a CHANCE to affect the battlefield and won't take away threats already in it
>+1
doesn't protect from threats on the battlefield. Early game it's good. Late game it's bad.
>-4
Ridiculous; it's trying to punch a very particular threat (creatures), when on late game you most likely:
1- won't be able to target them
2- they will come back
3- they can tank it like a man.

Now compare to old bolas:
first and second ones take down any threat. That's all you really need in the game. Why would you bother to remove cards from the hands of your opponent, or hoping to topdeck something, when you can blow shit up?
>>
>>54374799
>>54374977
I should also point out that old bolas makes YOU the threat, something the new one just doesn't. As i said, he IS good at the early game, but i think that's about it. You won't do it for 7 manas.
>>
>>54372847
t. blogpostter
>>
>>54371116
> 7 cmc

Jesus Christ kek
>>
>>54373240
>Got the Mirage Mirror as the prerelease promo and Hour of Promise in the kit.
>Went to Draft Weekend for Excavator
Anything cool you are planning to do with those? I want some ideas.
>>
>>54373079
Nest of Scarabs + Blowfly Infestation is hilarious with the Rock.
>>
>>54371116
Fucking Honelands, man. Probably only playable card that's in the whole trashcan is Merchant Scroll
>>
File: 1500078394440.jpg (64KB, 593x796px) Image search: [Google]
1500078394440.jpg
64KB, 593x796px
>>54373240
Scarab God, Razaketh, Torment of Hailfire, Lich Lord of Unx, Cryptbreaker, Ponder and Mindcrank.

Later this weekend, I will buy the rest of my missing cards for my Wort Raidmother deck.
>>
File: SengirAutocrat.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SengirAutocrat.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54375595
Don't diss this bro, dude
>>
>>54375595
There are probably combos you could do with Chain Stasis. It could go infinite with Bloom Tender, off the top of my head.
Didgeridoo has the potential for meme decks.
You can use Leeches to trigger MaRo.
Memory Lapse is alright.
Primal Order could actually be useful.
>>
Hey, new to EDH, and magic in general, but i made a deck and I'd love feedback, cause my local shop is pretty experienced

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hypothetical-vorel/
>>
>>54373240
Prot hulk, lord of extinction, set of b. pods, 2 pernicious deed, 3 abrupt decay, sheoldred, various fetches, and a bunch of $2-3 cards
>>
>>54373163
I think it is slightly win-more and it could have at least been a sorcery.

If you have a low cmc and play creatures early on turns 1 and 2 then it is good but if you're curving out that well then are you really looking for intense ramp?

It's definitely a decent card but I'd be hesitant to run it outside of a serious creature swarm deck like a token based strategy. I'd be very afraid of drawing it and having the mana but no tapped creatures in play.
>>
>>54373087
>>54373185
>>54373151
My question is: why are running ad naus in stax?
>>
>>54373079
I tried him but he's pretty bad. Rakdos is just a bad color combo, he doesn't get an immediate payoff like Hapatra, and he's slow and expensive. Easily the worst god by a huge margin.
>>
Looking at that decklist closer what the fuck even is that list.
>>
>>54375595
>ramp into veldrane with coffers/urbog.
>next turn activate his ability and swing at a player with a forest.
>green player reads the card and says"ok...i guess i take 3."
>cast hatred, pumping for 18
>green player gets salty
>point to your general and tell him "does this look like the face of mercy?"
>>
File: 51.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>54375595

Shit, I think I'll just pull the trigger for a complete set of Homelands.
>>
>>54376493
>pumping for 18
18+5-3=20. Good jaab anon.
>>
>>54373366
Fuck you, don't talk shit about Phyrexian Walker
>>
What cards would you upgrade in this newzuri deck?

It was designed with a budget in mind so any upgrades (the mana base mainly I lnow) would be over time

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-budget-2/
>>
>>54376523
two easy :^)
>>
File: comfy.jpg (10KB, 769x161px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
10KB, 769x161px
>>54375595

:3
>>
>>54371030
I play marrow gnawer and BUG sedisi. sedisi pulls her weight a little more but marrow almost always stays in the zone unless i want to win with thornbite staff or I want to pay 5 mana to cast a mogis marauder. usually the deck wins by tutoring thrumming stone and swinging next turn.
>>
>ulitmated an ajani in a game where somebody died on turn 4 and 7
God that felt so good.
>>
>>54377066

What?
>>
I have to say coming from Yu-Gi-Oh! magic legit has more variety, at least in commander, than Yu-Gi-Oh! You basically can't run a deck that isn't an arch-type in Yu-Gi-Oh!
>>
>>54376682
What is the price? The old sets are comfy as fuck and I wish I had people near me that would want to play with them. Just making 60-card decks out of Homelands and The Dark to play casually would be an mtg dream for me. The best I can do is play EDH with as many playable cards from those sets, Legends, and Antiquities as possible.
>>
File: YhXaSV7.gif (3MB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
YhXaSV7.gif
3MB, 500x253px
>>54377182
There is Shandalar.
You could also make an cube made of old cards and draft it.
>>
>>54371030
So, /edhg/, how competitive is Geist of Saint Traft and can he be tailored to work both in 1v1 and multiplayer off a single list? I've been considering running him over Ephara, which I've never been 100% satisfied with.
>>
>>54377144
Used to be that you could, but because of the constantly shifting banlists any time someone finds something that might win it gets banned to push people towards buying straight from Konami.
>>
>>54377094
The other guy was playing aggro, ajani prevents all damage but 1, he swung at me for 90 something, did 7 and scooped.
>>
>>54377269
Geist is dedicated Voltron, which never works well in 1v1 because you'll never be able to slip in under the radar. If you want an Azorius commander to pull their weight in 1v1 and multiplayer, try Lavinia.
>>
>>54377269
you can make anything work if yoy believe in yourself anon
>>
File: 1499910364548.png (81KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499910364548.png
81KB, 481x637px
>>54377348

Life is not an anime.
>>
>>54367720

Hey anon if you see this I am interested in the decklist.
>>
>>54377335
>Lavinia
That's a funny way to spell Brago.
>>
>>54377373
Then you must not have much deck building skills. Geist can easily work, i mean shit they just printed a card that gives him double angels.
>>
>>54377373
Thats what ((they)) want you to believe anon
>>
File: 1498596435456.jpg (25KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498596435456.jpg
25KB, 665x574px
>>54377397

Wow 2 whole angels!
>>
>>54377419
Anon, that's twice the waifus!
>>
File: 87 (1).jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
87 (1).jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54377182

$55 shipped, ABU games is my go to for complete sets.
>>
fff-fuckin life gain decks bro
>>
>>54377419
Thats almost like hitting somebody with a normal giest. Now lets get some anthems to pump our angels and before we know it well have a deck
>>
>>54377474
>Opponent playing Rhys the Redeemed Soul Sisters
>hit him with a Rakdos Charm
S'all good.
>>
>>54377474
Imagine if you had 100 life.
You'd be immortal. Unkillable.
Akin to a god.
>>
File: 1489643822523.jpg (135KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1489643822523.jpg
135KB, 600x580px
>>54377444

More than one waifu will destroy your laifu!
>>
>>54377474
C O M M A N D E R D A M A G E
>>
File: 52.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54377565

Getting them pregnant is key to making them have to stay, big family in big house. :3
>>
>>54377637

CMDDMG
>>
Is there a way to make Trostani even semi competitive? Any ideas how to add interaction, or make the payoffs faster?
>>
>>54377771
Play Selvala, Explorer Returned or Captain Sisay instead.
>>
>>54377241
Is that the old video game? I've actually never heard of it before but it sounds cool.

I definitely cannot find 6 or 8 people to play a low power old card cube. The only cubes that people I know play are high powered ones, the stereotypical cubes.
>>
>>54377452
That's very nice. Meanwhile I'm spending that much on individual cards from Legends with the dream of one day completing a full Legends collection.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
36KB, 223x310px
Post cards that you only recently discovered were amazing.
>>
>>54377664
Even though it is shit, that is the comfiest card in all of magic.
>>
File: based.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54377934
>>
>>54377934
How is that not one of the worst cards in edh?

What am I missing
>>
>>54377934
Necroskitter does work in scarab god, I'm also a fan of Rite of Combustion.
>>
>>54377973

Weird interactions when your spells are countered.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54377973
It searches through your graveyard, which means cards like pic related don't even counter your artifacts but still make them cheaper. (also possibility storm is pretty nice)
>>
>>54377973
You can do some janky things with stuff like Possibility Storm. It's still shit.
>>
>>54372277
Is eight and a half tails fun? How do you build/play him?
>>
File: Image.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>54377934
>>
I built this as a Doomsday deck but want to switch it to something else with other, jankier wincons and less aggressive digging for Doomsday

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-04-17-how-to-lose-friends-and-alienate-people/

Help
>>
>>54371116
I won multiple games with him with him with voltron strats
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>54378419
Upgrade if you have blue in the color identity.
>>
>>54378509
Is multiple code for two?
>>
File: 99.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
....kinky...
>>
>>54378537
That could and should be mono red
>>
File: Image (1).png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
128KB, 223x311px
Anyone use pic related? How fun is she? and spicy tech?
>>
>>54378599
Mindslaver, Forbidden Orchard and enough mana can lock someone out of making their own decisions for the rest of the game
>>
File: 19[3].jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
19[3].jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>54377934
The only other time I've seen more salt generated for a 1 mana card was when I also discovered Tainted Strike was amazing.
>>
>>54378551
Back in the days of yore some red kid at school spent like 5 minutes thinking about this card, then targeted my llanowar elves and some fatty I had and looked really proud
>>
>>54378551
Wow that doesn't look anything like a Tedin piece. I'm genuinely surprised.
>>
>>54378575
sorry anon, mono red doesn't get nice things.
>>
>>54378458
Storm deck. Pack it full of cantrips and non-shuffling Wheels (for Dralnu fuel), then dump a Tendrils for lethal and Rise From The Tides as a backup plan.

Get more cheap artifacts to get more gas out of Paradox Engine. Maybe more wipes too, be judicious with counters and removal for the stuff that will really matter. Dralnu is rad, but a Doomsday deck wouldn't be my first choice with him.
>>
>>54378407
Can be. I haven't gotten many games in, but so long as you hit your land drops 8.5 protects you, protects itself, and hits for commander damage.

It all boils down to which lines of play you want to focus on.
>>
What are some of the more interesting decks you've seen played? They don't need to be good
I saw a guy running a BW Oloro deck that used almost nothing but cards that made him use his life as a resource
>>
>>54377269
Take the deepest lore route and go Sea Monster Tribal
>>
>>54373395
>Foil Scorpion God
I swear this thing is way more common than it should be. Two people pulled a foil from boosters at my prerelease, another at launch from a bundle, and I've since seen several more floating around. Haven't seen a single foil locust or scarab around town.
>>
>>54378997
Is he more of a voltron commander?
To be honest i prefer attrition type decks so im not sure how i would build a deck like his.
>>
>>54379034
Dude had a gallowbraid edh
His plan was to reduce his life down to super low and switch life totals
>>
>>54378675
He likes to draw strange artifacts that look like flesh but he can also draw people, pretty cool.
>>
>>54379034
I got a super timmy grixis combat trigger deck that focuses going off spectacularly rather than reliably.

>Double striking Prognostic Sphinx stealing two creatures from someones library
>Throw in another combat step to steal two more
>>
>>54378575
Mono // cycle was last block. Enjoy insult to injury
>>
File: 1416052365172.png (154KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1416052365172.png
154KB, 400x388px
>>54378551

>when you're about to get pegged by brown musclegirl of your dreams and minotaurs show up and ruin it
>>
stop giving your fucking money to these radical leftist SJWs
>>
>>54379168
Sphinx Ambassador I mean Prognostic doesn't steal anything.
>>
>>54378599
You could do another mindslaver lock with Crucible + Buried Ruin. I don't know if she is fun, still building the deck. Looks fun.
>>
>>54379125
Pretty cool. Are there more effects beyond Mirror Universe and Magus of the Mirror? I guess Monoblack has no trouble tutoring those though.
>>
>>54379296
Soul Conduit
>>
File: Untitled.png (727KB, 670x622px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
727KB, 670x622px
>>54379296
Pic related were his "win cons"
>>
god what a hilarious game.

>playing sram against angry omnath, yidris and scarab god
>scarab god keeps milling me, with about 30-40 cards in the grave by turn 4-5
>kept a hand with Open the Vaults just in case and I can't hold my laughter
>my turn, open the vaults, equip everything in my grave to sram, giving him 3 swords, jitte, batterskull (had sigarda's aid on field), and about 20 other shitty equips and auras including pro-colors.
>around 50-60 power alone due to 3 auras having "+1+1 per aura/enchant you have"
>swing back at the scarab god and watch him freak out. gain 100 life due to double strike and had lifelink
>the others play lands and pass, angry omnath player now having around 20 tokens on the field but no haste enabling
>swing at angry omnath and win
>yidris player has nothing on the board out of nowhere takes Sram with a "take all creatures and attack with them" and he wins
FUCK that was good. Sram had a big ass mound to sit on full of equips and auras
>>
>>54379402
>giving him 3 swords
>auras including pro-colors
I hope none of them were pro-White or there is a decent chance you cheated.
>>
>>54379462
nah it was Fire and Ice, Feast and Famine and Body and Mind, I'm aware of the interaction which is specifically why I do not have light and shadow and war and peace
>my reaction when initial testing on xmage and spectra ward unequips all my auras
>>
File: 20170717_230114.jpg (3MB, 4032x1881px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_230114.jpg
3MB, 4032x1881px
Am I missing anything obvious for my Neheb landbase? 26 mountains on the side there. It's a pretty generic burn/ramp list.
>>
>>54379516
madblind mountain
>>
>commander who doesn't really pull it's weight
obezedaddy doesn't really pull his weight that much, he's more just got a fun incremental effect. i loved that deck. consistently won duals and up to six man games (never play a 6 man game. it's stupid) the most satisfying thing is seeing the last opponent untap at <3 life and scramble to get out of it as obzedat sits in exile waiting to drop down on my upkeep, killing them
>>
>>54379516
the red hideaway land
>>
File: Image (107).jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Image (107).jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>54379402
damn, get urself one of these nyukka
>>
>>54379527

Wtf?
>>
>>54379194
>radical left SJW
>thinking capitalism is a good thing
>>
>>54379559
It's good. Combine it with a Top to shuffle away those shitty cards on top
>>
>>54379487
Ok, I assume you already know to place the Spectra Ward Sigarda's Aid trigger last then (first on the [bottom of the] stack)?
>>
>>54379549
probably should lol. ive played that dudes deck a few times but ive never seen that card played against me
>>
File: mb mountain.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mb mountain.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54379559
>>
File: 1485745960547.gif (388KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1485745960547.gif
388KB, 500x382px
>>54379569
>replying to bait posts
>>
>>54379587
well i dont think it matters does it? it gives sram pro-white which means all auras on him deattach...right?
>>
>>54379402
>50-60 power
>double strike and lifelink
Assuming you didn't get blocked, I'm pretty sure the double strike wouldn't increase the life you gain. Pretty sure SBA's are checked between first strike and normal damage, meaning the defending player would already be dead to commander damage.
>>
>>54379114
You can run it that way, but it also has options for tricksyness.
>>
>>54379633
this guy gets it. at least someone on /tg/ knows how to lay magic.
>>
>>54379587

Read sigarda's aid again, then read spectra ward again, there is no trigger there

>>54379615

Spectra ward specifically says it doesn't detach auras. The auras entering the battlefield without being cast may be attached to any creature without targeting. Normally if you attach a white aura to a pro white creature it would just fall off immediately as a state based action but instead it stays because spectra ward's text
>>
File: Image (108).png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (108).png
117KB, 223x311px
>>54379615
>you may attach it to target creature you control.
Spectra ward has an explicit caveat written on its own card saying that the protection offered by the aura will not remove ANY auras on the permanent. However, once the Sigarda's Aid trigger for S.Ward resolves on Sram and he gains Pro.W, all following triggers of Sigarda's Aid that are still on the stack will fizzle because they are now targeting a ProW (illegal) creature.
>>
>>54379673
Wrong, once Spectra Ward gives ProW all other Sigarda's Aid triggers will be countered by the game rules since the enchantment itself has a triggered TARGETED ability.
>>
File: 1431864704996.jpg (103KB, 540x572px) Image search: [Google]
1431864704996.jpg
103KB, 540x572px
>>54379595
>That art

God I love Shadowmoor
>>
>>54379697

read the card you posted

auras do not trigger the second ability, auras cannot enter the battlefield unattached to creatures, and if you cast open the vaults or replenish, they all enter the battlefield at the same time
>>
>>54379718

>sigarda's aid triggers

read the card bro, please, just read it

are we talking about godsend or behemoht sledge? white equipment are the only things for which a sigarda's aid trigger can be countered
>>
>>54379516
I'd personally cut some of those for more mountains to improve Gauntlet of Power (too poor for Might) and Caged Sun.
>>
>>54379732
see>>54379718
Once Spectra Ward enters and attaches to Sram, the Equipment that enters can't auto equip to him anymore b/c the Sigarda's Aid trigger for equipment resolve on a proW target.
>>
>/tg/ can't play magic
>>
>>54379732
sigarda's aid is white and is the trigger to attach equipment. the equipment are colourless, but the equip trigger is from a white source (sigarda's aid). by the time you are selecting targets for sigarda's aid, the spectra ward is already on the creature. this means that you cannot use sigarda's aid's triggers to attach the equipment.

how bad can a person be at magic?
>>
>>54379753
>>54379732
Sigarda's Aid, a White enchantment is the thing that triggers and targets a creature. Once you resolve open the vaults, equipment enters and Spectra ward attaches and sigarda's aid triggers you can still target sram with these sigarda's aid triggers but they won't resolve since he will have gained proW upon resolution.

The equipment isn't targeting anything. The enchantment, Sigarda's Aid is doing it all.
>>
>>54379782
this
>>
>>54379768

>Once Spectra Ward enters and attaches to Sram, the Equipment that enters can't auto equip to him anymore b/c the Sigarda's Aid trigger for equipment resolve on a proW target.

yes, but any white AURAS, or non-white equipment, will be unaffected by this issue. also you still seem to think you must "stack triggers' such that spectra ward is attached last, but this is not possible, if you open the vaults, spectra ward and any other auras entering the battlefield will all be attached simultaneously to any creatures you wish, regardless of color protection or shroud

i repeat, auras cannot be on the battlefield unattached to a permanent. open the vaults is not finished resolving until all auras entring play are attached to a creature

once open the vaults is done resolving, THEN state based actions could unattach white auras from pro-white permanents, however, in the case of spectra ward, this will not occur
>>
>>54379799
>>54379804

oh i see, my apologies

i was confused by the person who said you must "put the spectra ward trigger on the bottom of the stack", which is not possible
>>
>>54379829
>GY has Spectra ward and bone saw
>cast Replenish with Sram in play
>Spectra Ward enters attached to Sram, Bonesaw enters the battlefield triggering Sigarda's Aid's auto equip which TARGETS a creature
>Sram has ProW from Spectra Ward
>Sigarda's Aid Auto Equip can't hit Sram
>bone saw stays on the battlefield unequipped
>>
>>54379868
>replenish
meant OtV
>>
>>54379868

i got ya

the only way to avoid that is to attach spectra ward to a different creature than you intend to attach the equipment to

>>54379587

this poster is the one confusing me, spectra ward does not have a sigarda's aid trigger
>>
>>54372847
You don't have at least 2 decks that run differently?
>>
>>54379643
What were you thinking? I read sram anons post and didnt even think about giving oponents things pro white and turning equips/auras white so they fall off. I love those kind of interactions.
>>
>>54380040
friendly reminder

why is foil you 33 dollareedoos?
>>
File: Image (109).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (109).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54380065
derp forgot pic
>>
>>54380073
I actually have a question about protection: Say someone attacks with a green trampler, and the defending player blocks with something and gives the blocker protection from green. Can the attacker assign all of the damage to the defending player, since the blocker with protection from green can take no damage?
>>
>>54380139
No
>>
>>54380139
It functions similarly to an indestructible blocker (with the exception of a Double strike attacker)
they must assign lethal and than the rest spills over.

If a 10/10 trampler is blocked by a 1/1 pro.creatures, 9 spills over.

If a 10/10 double strike trampler is blocked by a 1/1 pro.creatures, 9 spills over in first strike and then 9 spills over in normal strike. This is because the defender was never marked with lethal in first strike so the trampler must assign 'new' lethal damage to it again in the second/normal damage step.
>>
>>54380177
The pro X doesnt just fizzle the attack?
>>
If someone drops Wheel of Fortune and a player has less than 7 cards to draw from in their library, does that player lose?
>>
>>54380215
No, sadldly WotC decided to make Trample a Foil to Protection and Banding a Foil to Trample.

It wasn't intuitive to me, and I still wish Trample were worded like this: If an attacking creature would MARK (not assign) all creatures blocking it with lethal damage, the remainder may be assigned to the defending player/planeswalker.

Alas, in Trample vs. Protection, Trample Wins.
>>
>>54380040
Eight and an Half Tails doesn't give your opponents things protection
>>
>>54380245
Yes.
>>
>>54380252
Sorry i was going off memory. Still seems like he could be a fun commander with those abilities.
>>
>>54375595
Reminder that Ulgrotha was *the* horror plane before Innistrad was released, and that Innistrad was originally intended to be a return there.
>>
>>54380292
>turn opponents' lands White in response to All is Dust
>>
>>54380302
>we could have had a return to Homelands
Jesus. Bullet dodged.
>>
>>54380305
>I've actually done this
>laughingkitsunes.gif
>>
>>54377496
Anointed procession
Ellish norn
Kithkin liege
And sundial of infinite for permanent Angel shinaniguns
I may or may not be brewing a deck around this...
>>
>>54380392
How?
>>
File: IMG_6337.jpg (37KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6337.jpg
37KB, 200x285px
>>54380305
>>54380392
Well i guess i'll be ordering that foil this paycheck.
>>
>>54380406
Lands are permanents, 8.5's abilities happen at instant speed, and my opponent wasn't a fan of reading.
>>
>>54380453
Yeah, I misread/remembered his ability and thought that both affected only your stuff.
>>
File: reverse the sands.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
reverse the sands.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>54379355
>>
What commander should I use if I want to go U/W spirit tribal?
>>
>>54380489
Brago, King Eternal
Geist of Saint Traft

Or any others
>>
>>54380489
What >>54380536 said. Or Ephara. Or GAAIV.
>>
>>54380474
Is there some way to build around this in mono white?
>>
>>54380592
not any good way. it works better in a deck with black, that way you can pay a bunch of life to draw cards or do whatever you do in black, and then give someone else your shitty life total, letting you keep paying life.
>>
>>54380592
Platinum Angel
Phyrexian Unlife
Angel's Grace
>>
File: Image (110).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (110).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>54380592
>>
>>54380620
what do any of these have to do with reverse the sands?
>>
File: Image (111).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (111).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54380592
>Oh, you thought all that extra life was for YOU?
>>
>>54380646
you can bring you life into the negatives for a kill
>>
>>54380646
You can dip into low life totals to fuck an opponent to death
>>
>>54380646
Keep yourself from losing at 0 or less life. Give them yours.
>>
File: Image (112).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (112).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54380592
this is also usefull
>>
File: beacon.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
beacon.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
How about this?
>>
File: soul echo.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
soul echo.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>
>>54372232
Deck is a joke. It's not good in competitive metas, and it's not good in any semi-competitive meta that has blue. The only thing the deck has going for when fully built is speed, and in any of those metas it gets eaten alive.
>>
>>54380753
>playing commander for any reason other than fun
No thanks
>>
File: Mannichi.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mannichi.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
I need advice on making this guy usable. I have some kind of red wall tribal worked out and various ways of getting around defender, but aside from that I am all out of ideas.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/firewall-of-kamigawa/
>>
>>54376288
Elfball, son.
>>
>>54380800
But losing isn't fun...
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-005755_1.jpg (49KB, 986x479px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-005755_1.jpg
49KB, 986x479px
"M-my hills are moving on their own, onii-chan!"
>>
>>54380828
Obelisk of Urd would be good. Glyph of Destruction and Total War would be good too.
>>
>>54377474
Tainted Remedy, Rain of Gore, False Cure, Leyline of Punishment, Havoc Festival, Stigma Lasher. Just off the top of my head.
>>
>>54381188
Sulfuric Vortex
>>
So what's with the new bans? Some one (that i don't know) in my local playgroup posted that there were new bans. Is it just for cEDH?
>>
>>54381188
Tainted Remedy is a great deterrent to Memtraxa attack/blocking, its a shame Rain of Gore doesn't affect Lifelink.
>>
>>54381211
I think its just for online play/duel commander
>>
>>54381181
Great suggestions. I can drop Wall of Diffusion, not sure what else could be dropped though.
>>
>>54381320
Belbe's Armor and Flowstone Surge you can get rid of. Belbe's Armor because I don't see any reliable mana ramp and Flowstone Surge because it only affects your creatures
>>
>>54378599

You can just run her for the colour identity. She's a fantastic blocker.
>>
>>54381232
I was going to say it can't be everything because both wizards and sheldons sites don't have the updates and the banned bruse tarl. Like wtf kind of weenie hut jr meta be banning Bruse?
>>
File: actuallymorphingshitin2017.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
actuallymorphingshitin2017.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
We posting Wayne Reynolds tech?
>>
>>54380828
Just keep him benched until someone in your playgroup picks up Doran and make his day a living hell.
>>
File: Enough Is Enough.jpg (38KB, 1717x242px) Image search: [Google]
Enough Is Enough.jpg
38KB, 1717x242px
>>54381962

Jees...
>>
File: 1487859367686.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487859367686.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>tfw invocation Locust God is only 20 old world dollars
>>
File: 3 (1).jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
3 (1).jpg
65KB, 312x445px
If you're going to add that you might as well add better things than Colossus of Sardia-tier lore brutes.
>>
>>54380744
「SOUL ECHO」
>>
File: 1455862759888.jpg (84KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455862759888.jpg
84KB, 480x360px
>>54382624
>Richard Wright
>>
>>54382738
>Initials are RW
>Spelled backwards, they'd be WR
>Wayne Reynolds

He can't keep getting away with it!
>>
What's the best to worst on two color combinations for EDH
>>
>>54382773

<><> & generic, duh...
>>
File: 168.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>
File: 103 (1).jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
103 (1).jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>
File: 71.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>
>>54378650
Oh boy, gonna puy this into Toshiro when I finally build him
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.