[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 53

Drown 'em in rats edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - Just announced

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Link to the previous general: >>54254739
>>
>>54361914
Anyone running a shifting loyalties campaign? If so qwhat's your most tricked out model?
>>
If I am using pandora and use a lure would the model check to see if it's in pandora's aura before or after the move?
>>
>>54361914
>Not drown them in cats

Got say though, that is definitely Hamelin's best sculpt.
>>
>>54362743
The plastic version of the sculpt is even better. They made him a bit bigger and did a really good job at defining some of the smaller features like his fingers.
>>
I love the subtle body horror to Hamelin, like the way he speaks without moving his mouth or how his legs bend roughly the way Plague recalls knees working.
>>
>>54362894
He reminds me of the cockroach in the first Men in black movie.
>>
File: Raspy front.jpg (238KB, 1270x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Raspy front.jpg
238KB, 1270x1400px
>>54362333
I'm going to get into one some time in the next couple of months.

Apparently the last one was dominated by a Sabretooth Cerberus with a Gatling Gun.
Such manouevrable firepower was not meant for man nor beast.

>>54362743
>Got say though, that is definitely Hamelin's best sculpt.
I think pretty much that whole generation is better than the current. Pic very Related.
Excluding Doug, obviously.
>>
What is a good way of starting Ramos? After the crew box I guess another Arachnid box but what should come after?
>>
>>54365108
Electric Creation
After that - whatever you want. For example, you can take Johan, who is not only very good tough face-beater for a mere 7ss, but also can heal and remove conditions.
>>
>>54361914
>rats
>not cats
You had one job, anon.
>>
So I kind of want to run them but am unsure, who would be best to take poison gamin with?
>>
>>54365636
Sandeep can summon them, and Kudra can place Poison on other models for them. So, Sandeep, probably.
>>
>>54365789
aye, follow up, is Sandeep difficult to learn? A lot of the things he has and can do appeal but I am not sure if I should dive straight into a new guy when I haven't played in a while.
>>
>>54365811
He is considered to be a difficult to learn (but powerful) master. I don't play arcanists, so I can not confirm or deny this statement. But at the end of the day every new master should be learned, and, since it's not a nuclear physics, after some time every master will be, well, mastered. So "difficulty to learn" factor has little value.
>>
>>54366246
Fair enough, and I appreciate that logic, thanks mate.
>>
File: 325235.jpg (211KB, 1199x953px) Image search: [Google]
325235.jpg
211KB, 1199x953px
not mine
up
>>
>>54367867
Pretty horrifying. I like it.
>>
>>54366246
That's true, but since masters are much more straight forward, and since have some hidden tricks.

Like I just realized that Somer can squeal away from disengaging strikes.
>>
File: electriccreation-1.jpg (384KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
electriccreation-1.jpg
384KB, 1600x900px
>>54365236
>Electric Creation
Really?
I don't think I've ever seen anyone take the EC upgrade, and the only time I see them used is a single Electric Creation as a T1 scrap generator.

That's not to say they don't have their place, or that Electrical Summoning isn't a good choice, I just haven't seen it.

Skipping straight to Johan seems more logical to me, unless you want the EC option for a Mechanical Rider summon too.

>>54365636
Aren't they Beasts?
Poison Marcus is supposed to be ok.
>>
File: Mannequin Alice.jpg (177KB, 1000x575px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin Alice.jpg
177KB, 1000x575px
>>54369355
>Somer can squeal away from disengaging strikes.
I'm about 65% sure you can't use Df Triggers on Disengaging strikes.
>>
>>54369679
> only time I see them used is a single Electric Creation as a T1 scrap generator.
This is why I suggest taking EC. Not for summoning one with upgrade, but to hire it, kill and use as a cheap and quick spiders source in turn one.
>>
>>54369816
I may have cheated then.
I'll have to check the rulebook when I get home.
>>
File: Disengaging Strikes Errata FAQ.png (366KB, 1151x720px) Image search: [Google]
Disengaging Strikes Errata FAQ.png
366KB, 1151x720px
>>54370174
>I may have cheated then.
Ish.

I think it was FAQ'd a year or two back - pg29 of the 30/03/2017 .pdf clarified to "no-one gets triggers".
Not sure of the earliest date it was officially FAQ'd that way.

It's only in the rule book (big or little) as
>"A Disengaging Strike deals no Damage, has no other effect, and may not declare any Triggers"
though, which reads pretty clearly as
>"attackers get no Triggers"
with no mention of defenders.

I guess it's not terribly realistic to expect them to fuck up their publishing shit by changing the online versions, but it is a bit irritating that it's wrong.
Has anyone bought a digital copy recently (last few months) and can check?
>>
>>54370542
Ah. That's good. I feel less bad about cheating, if I wasn't actually cheating by raw.

Is the faq on wyrd's website?
>>
>>54370765
Yes, the latest FAQ is on Wyrd's website. I am honestly glad to see the disengaging strike trigger thing cleared up in this thread.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129040-monday-preview-july-17th/
>>
>>54370765
Well, I mean, you .were. cheating by RAW - the FAQs are legal from publication.
Wyrd are just constrained by the difficulties of distributing such things, so you weren't to know.

>>54372322
I am waaay unconvinced by this model.
Not visually interesting, and also looks more like a fat serial killer than an investigator, corrupt or otherwise.
The woman looks a lot better, though the art continues to creep to far into obviously charicature-y for my tastes.
>>
>>54372825

What do you mean by charicature-y?
>>
>>54369679
poison gamin are beasts yes, only question is who to take that can also benefit from opponents having the poison condition.
>>
So i'm just making sure, my mysterious emisarry doesnt have a dedicated upgrade for Titania ? she can only take the upgrade avaible to all neverborn masters ?
>>
>>54373263
Nope, she came out after the emissary.
Rumor has it that the new book will have one for the new masters
>>
>>54373071
Are there not a bunch of beasts that do?
Many of the Ressur ones?
Also Performers.

>>54373263
Correct, no Titania COnflux yet.

>>54372937
Exaggerated anatomical shapes that real humans would not have.
Particularly faces.
Like a caricature.
>>
>>54372322
Neat. Don't know how I feel about the fat guy, seems a little too obviously evil.
I'd probably model him without the hand and viscera sticking out, so it's only implied that there is a body in the rug.

I mean being evil is one thing, being evil AND incompetent is just going to far.

>>54372825
>Well, I mean, you .were. cheating by RAW
Not by the RAW of materials I had on hand.

>>54373263
Yup. None of the most recent masters have an emissary upgrade yet. We might see it next wave.
>>
>>54373357
>>54373372
>>54373396
Ah, thanks anons.
Atleast the mysterious conflux is still usefull for my Titania crew
>>
>>54373372
I'd need to poke through the books double check which beasts do, though there is the scorpius so for poison marcus, that and group of poison gamin along with some of his regulars.
>>
>>54373357
The new book won't have new conflux upgrades. Maybe they will show up in book 6.
>>
>>54373578
I'm cool with that too.
The new masters don't really need a buff. They're pretty stronk as is.
>>
>>54373708
I'd say the same. The Carrion Emissary for instance is already an autoinclude for Reva. Giving it a conflux upgrade that would actually benefit Reva would be too much.
>>
>>54373787
Could just give them meh upgrades and call it a day.
Nico's upgrade for example, is much shit.
>>
>>54373851
Fair enough. If it interacted with the soulbound upgrade I don't think that anyone would riot.
>>
>>54373866
I'd be cool with that. Maybe even have it do the same sort of thing as the shield bearers.
>When this model is reduced to 0 wounds, Discard this upgrade attach a soulbound upgrade and make a 1/2/3 healing flip
Or something.
>>
File: Marcus.jpg (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus.jpg
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>54373496
Canine Remains are what I was thinking of - 1AP charges against targets with Poison.
They can also hand out Beast offensively, which is situationally handy.

Night Terrors are cheap as fuck too, though they aren't Poison-y.
>>
>>54375384
I didn't even think of canine remains, with the chance for Rabies they do actually seem like a fair idea for Marcus if you are trying to do some Alpha nonsense. it's weird how much resser stuff can fit into other factions when you look at it.
>>
Not that it's the best attack, but the Copycat Killer can take multiple shots with its Flintlock a round right? It doesn't look to have the same limitation as Seamus.
>>
>>54375384
>>54375654
Shikome are also pretty poison-y, on top of all the spirit stuff.
>>
>>54376130
Iirc he can. I think you generally want to focus unless you've got a shot on someone out of cover (which happens approximately never in my games).
>>
>>54376170
Indeed, she is worth looking at for Mcmourning players who want to try spirits while sticking with his strengths.
>>
>>54373496
Ha, i too have come to the idea of poison Marcus crew some time ago, Scorpius IS the thing. Also Performer because of Take a Sip triggeron attack.
>>
File: IMG_8441.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8441.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>54375654
They're one of the staples in my Marcus crew. They're cheap, move fast enough and hardy enough for scheme running, and their presence gives the possibility for both beast characteristic and a -1 Df to the enemy.

Once I switched from Guild Hounds I never looked back.
>>
>>54376912
How do they compare with corrupted hounds?
I'm trying to figure out which hounds to bring with nix
>>
>>54376170
If you'd like to be the silliest, give adversary with shikome while hiring the snow storm. Turns snow into a really, really scary model.
>>
>>54377007
Their main advantage is that they are significant, while being slightly more expensive. They are good scheme runners, better than the molemen in that department IMO.
>>
I think Gremlins look fun, but the terrible internal faction balance puts me off. There's objectively better choices, and a lot of models are just not worth taking ever.
>>
>>54376882
Is the Scorpius actually good? Just because it's got the strongest poison theme doesn't necessarily make it the strongest model for a poison list.
>>
On a lore point, exactly how much necromancy do the Death Marshals actually learn? It's kind of odd they get the flaming skulls but Ressers don't.
>>
>>54376882
>>54376912
Thanks anons, gonna try and put a list together see how it feels and will ask for additions or subtractions in a bit.
>>
What are scheme markers for? What's the advantage of having a bunch of them?
>>
>>54380148

They win you games. A lot of the strategies and schemes require you to place them. Just tabling your opponent won't necessarily win you the match.
>>
>>54380063
How does this look for poison Marcus

3 Canine remains-12 ss
Jackalope-2 ss
2 poison gamin-10 ss
scorpious-6 ss

At 30 SS on the nose with this, is there anything that would be good to add or take out?
>>
randomly; does Mei Feng have prosthetic arms or are those just cool battle gauntlets? Do we know?
>>
>>54365636
no one, they are actual trash.Even shit with poison Marcus.
>>
>>54378939
Scorpius is a contender for worst model in the game, it's way too fucking slow for what it needs to do.

If you want to play Poison Marcus use some canine remains, rattler and a shikome, fill the crew out with Myranda, Cerberus and a few other things. The idea is to use the rattler and canine remains to quickly apply poison to enemies so that the shikome can charge for (1). Myranda and the Cerberus are there because they're just too good to pass on.
>>
>>54380355
This crew hits like a wet noodle and the damage from poison isn't substantial. Get a Shikome and drop the gamin at the very least.

And where are Marcus' upgrades? Trail of the gods at the least. Where is Myranda?
>>
>>54381015
uses magic to encase her arms in metal if iirc.
>>
>>54381015
Battle gauntlets.
I don't think it would work quite as well if she was mothr of the forge but a steamborg herself.
>>
File: Poison Gamin.jpg (338KB, 1355x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Gamin.jpg
338KB, 1355x1371px
>>54381994
>>54382088
In my head the ranged Poison attack was longer ranged and had the poison built in.
8" and Poison +1 on a trigger is fucking poor.

I was thinking they'd be useful to spit Poison to set up a big charging turn from two or three Canine Remains to get the line of battle pushed further into the opponent's half early Turn 2, but actually they are just bad.

>>54382088
>And where are Marcus' upgrades? Trail of the gods at the least. Where is Myranda?
I'd imagine they are in the remaining 20ss he mentioned.
>>
>>54382088
knew I was forgetting stuff, what I get for list making while drunk.
This look any better
Marcus-Trail 1ss
myranda-skinwalker 9ss
jackalope-2ss
shikome-8ss
3 canine remains-12ss
39 as this so can fill in something or pull a canine as needed.
>>
>>54382209
I appreciate the thought but looking at them, unless you are working gamin spam with Sandeep they aren't worth it for just gimmick fun.
>>
>>54382243
So what is Myranda going to skinwalk from? desu it's probably best to have her start on the table so she can give your beasts + flips to defensive duels as they advance up the board. Most people run her with imbued energies so you can draw 1000 cards when she shapeshifts.

Overall though, a much better looking list.
>>
>>54382209
The big issue is that they are a 5ss minion, a canine remains is 4ss and the infect trigger is not built in on the gamins ranged attack.
>>
>>54382311
Was thinking the canine remains, but you are right in that it would help them run if she had imbued energies, thanks anon.
>>
File: Blessed of December.jpg (311KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed of December.jpg
311KB, 800x430px
>>54382253
Yeah, I guess with Sandeep you can drop them in the middle of the enemy crew and chuck a bit of poison about, and then a bit more when it dies.
Still just not as good as Fire for damage output or Metal for resilience.

>>54382311
>>54382354
What are the limitations on Skinwalker?
Can a Raptor pop her up in the enemy deployment zone Turn 2?
That would be dead handy against some crews, and for some strats.

Also, picrelated.
>>
>>54382390
Skinwalker is a beast must die, be sacrificed or buried while she is buried, then she can come up in base contact with that model
>>
>>54382390
Yes, Myranda starts the game buried, when a friendly beast is killed, buried or sacrificed she unburies in base contact with it. When a raptor uses it's (2) to bury you can then unbury Myranda, this way you don't lose the raptor.

So the bird flies 16" up the board on turn 1, then start of turn 2 it buries and Myranda pops out good to go. Situationally useful.
>>
>>54382425
Or use the (2) action twice, of course.
>>
>>54382243
Jackalope both hilarious and useless. He can be used as a source of disengaging strikes on enemy model, that recently killed your model. But most of the time it's just wasted 2ss. Better spend them on two more Imbued Energies or Arcane Reservoir
>>
The counts at AWP are at it again... We sure do have some shitbirds in our community.
>>
>>54385032

What's up?
>>
Poison Marcus is rumored to be getting a bump come GenCon
>>
>>54385042
Morons flamed a jackass. Now there's a touchy feely "People were mean to a dickhead for no reason, no bully plz" circle jerk.

Fuck those fags.
>>
>>54385302

Sounds about right.

Hopefully they keep pushing Spirit Molly, so Wyrd will continue buffing Horror Molly.
>>
>>54385547
"Wind gamin are the most broken thing in the game!" they shout unironically while Hamlin, Somer and Nellie giggle in the background.
>>
Does Sonnia really only have a single limited upgrade?
>>
>>54385631
Yes. But there is also 1 general limited leader upgrade in Guild
>>
>>54377921
Yeah. It is a bit annoying.

I still love playing Gremlins though. Not every list has to be hyper competitive.
>>
File: scheme_all.jpg (58KB, 480x402px) Image search: [Google]
scheme_all.jpg
58KB, 480x402px
>>
>>54387912
Been meaning to make my own scheme and corpse markers, but I've been extra lazy.
>>
>>54387912

Who produces these ones?
>>
>>54387912
>Arcanist book with tentacles

That's actually seriously underrepresented in Arcanists. Where's the Arc/NB tentacle monster model?
>>
>>54387912
I think I would have preferred a bottle of hooch for Gremlins.
>>54389853
Most of the tentacley things I can think of are in neverborn.
>>
42 SS Guild Crew
Hoffman + 3 Pool
- Arcanist Assets (1)
- Field Mechanic (2)
- On Site Assimiliation (2)
Mechanical Attendant (2)
Ryle (10)
- A Debt To The Guild (1)
Joss (10)
- A Debt To The Guild (1)
Brutal Emissary (10)
- Conflux of Amalgamation (0)
Mobile Toolkit (3)

Pretty cool framework for a Hoffman list.
>>
File: Friendship is Magic.jpg (73KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Friendship is Magic.jpg
73KB, 960x540px
>>54382468
I was going to double check that - if it was "The first time a friendly Beast dies/sacs/buries" then it would be a garbage upgrade.

>>54385032
>>54385302
God they are all the fucking worst.
If it wasn't for the occasional genuinely excellent model, I would happily un-sub.
Of course, there's a lot of shit there too.

>>54385588
To be fair to the Somer guy, he does at least acknowledge that he is probably above the curve.

>>54389853
Yes and no.
We don't need aother "Lovecraft-derivative shite" game added to the /tg/ to the milieu.
But it is also glaringly absent, given the hoovering up of references the rest of the setting is composed of.
>>
>>54390468
Delete that picture. Literally worse than the people who run MLP Brettonians.
>>
Really love Sandeep's aesthetic, so I'd like to pick him up despite his learning curve and power level. What would be the best supplementary purchases right off? More Gamin? Oxford Mages?
>>
>>54390663
Probably wind gamin as summons. Other gamin can be handy as well.
>>
>>54383583
My thinking was that with skinwalker Myranda, it gives one more thing to pop out of because it's existence is to be annoying and then die.
>>
File: jackalopes.jpg (185KB, 800x304px) Image search: [Google]
jackalopes.jpg
185KB, 800x304px
>>54390601
I was pretty damn irritated when I saw and saved it.
There are dozens if not hundreds of Bongs all across Bongland that can't get their hands on Reva at their local game shop, and some fucknut out there is painting one up as part of a multi-Master MLP set.

Winds me the fuck up.

>>54383583
>>54390746
He does surprisingly good damage on the charge.
As in, if your opponent forgets and kills something in a position that will give the Jackalope a charge, two min 3 attacks can fuck a day up.
>>
>>54391267
>As in, if your opponent forgets and kills something in a position that will give the Jackalope a charge, two min 3 attacks can fuck a day up.
This. He might not be amazing, but if the opponent ignores him, he can put out a lot of damage for a cheap model.
>>
>>54391267
>>54391534
That is one thing I forget about him, he is a great charge model, I have lost games to that very fact.
>>
Marcus looks like a lot of fun.

How do you guys feel about the Arcanists as a faction being so fiercely divided into their own little theme model niches? It feels like they have less crossover than the Outcasts.
>>
>>54391663
I think it's a seriously underated model for 2ss.

Cheap, adds an activation, keeps respawning making it both expendable and constant activation help. With leap and minimum damage 3 on the charge it can be pretty killy against low df models.
>>
>>54392190
Arcanists probably have it worst, but sub factions is the name of the game.

It might just be me coming from 40k, but with how low the model counts are not having overlapping models didn't bother me so much.
>>
>>54392215
I think that he is a good choice. I would only avoid him if hunting party, reckoning, ect. was in the pool, or if I really needed the room for the extra imbued energies.
>>
>>54392414
Might also be a bad idea against ressers. He's liable to generate extra corpses for them.
>>
File: Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg (159KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg
159KB, 800x450px
>>54392621
>He's liable to generate extra corpses for them.
This is something I keep forgetting - generating resources for the other guy.

I basically threw a game against Asami by allowing too many Corpses to accumulate within 3" of points (Flicker +4 summons eat ass).

Nicodem is obvious.

Another guy at my local has recently started playing Ramos, and that kind of shuts down my Mei pretty hard - even if I'm not leaving a Scrap Railway for her, virtually every single model of mine drops scrap by default unless I remember not to.
At least Kang crushes tinmans and zombies.
>>
What two other Masters would you run in conjunction with Nellie?
>>
>>54393380
Sonnia and Perdita. Maybe McCabe could be one of those. I generally like carrying Perdita around, so when my opponent declares Gremlins I can shoot and obey someone to snipe the stuffed piglets that will inevitably start barreling down the board.
>>
>>54393098
Yeah I've had similar problems with running a Somer horde list vs ressers.
>>
>>54393493

So major offense, since Nellie can do all the other schemes/strats?
>>
>>54393380
Probably>>54393493
Maybe Lucius, if I can find his old metal sculpt.
>>
>>54393773
It depends on how you run her. I actually got a guy at the last tournament because he picked accusation while running a bunch of reporters with Nellie. If he had run other Guild models he probably would have been fine though. Most of the time Nellie should be fine.
>>
Nellie Cochrane – Misleading Headlines, Delegation, Guild Funds, 4 cache
Printing Press
Phiona Gage – Transparency, Debt to the Guild
Francisco Ortega – Wade In, Debt to the Guild
Peacekeeper – Numb to the World
Field Reporter
Field Reporter
Watcher

Maybe something like that?
>>
Nellie Cochrane, Embedded, Misleading Headlines, Delegation, 5 cache
Printing Press
Phiona Gage – Transparency, Numb to the World
Sue – Debt to the Guild
Burt Jebsen, Debt to the Guild
Johan, Debt to the Guild
Big Jake
Field Reporter

Pretty cool too
>>
What are the good Emissaries, again? Carrion and Shadow are top-tier, but I could've sworn there was a third. Brutal?
>>
>>54394673
Is the Shadow really that good? I mean it seems versatile enough but hardly spectacular.
>>
>>54394697

A (1) that needs no flip to give a 6" push and Fast is pretty awesome.
>>
>>54393773
Sonnia, McCabe, and Perdita are probably also just the next best three Guild masters.
>>
>>54394673
>Top tier
Shadow, carrion

>Good tier
Hodgepodge, brutal

>Situational/alright tier
Arcane

>Grabage
Mysterious

Not in any particular order. Not sure where lucky goes, but I think it's probably only the good tier.
>>
>>54395460
why's the mysterious one so bad ? curious newbie to the game.
>>
File: Oiran Group.jpg (236KB, 1594x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran Group.jpg
236KB, 1594x1000px
>>54395460
>>54395502
This tiering system seems .wildly.. dependent on the Master and crew supported by it, probably more so than any other model in the game.

Having said that, Carrion and Shadow are always hot fire.
>>
Would Collodi, Titania and Dreamer cover every scheme/strat pool reasonably well or is there a glaring hole in that line up? I like the aesthetic of the other NB masters much less.
>>
>>54397873

Should be fine.
>>
Could anyone post some Asami lists? And schemes you'd take her with. I just can't wrap my head around her.
>>
>>54385547
>>54385588

I'm convinced that 50% of awp are casual players that don't know the game well enough to have legitimate opinions on which models are actually causing problems. Most of them play against a non-standard master once and call it broken, namely Hamelin, Brewmaster, Kirai.

I'll never understand why the forums think spirit Molly is so good, the extra work setting up adversary is a waste of time when punk zombies get all of the same benefits with no set up.
>>
>>54399097
I didn't think that anyone preferred spirit Molly in general. It's like poison focused Shenlong or non-summoner Dreamer. A possibility but not something that is practical.
>>
>>54399117
It's not so prevalent today I guess, but before the spirits were all released all of the theory crafting on the forums swore spirit was going to blow horror out of the water. They were wrong.
>>
>>54399097
>>54399117
>>54399152

Fetid Strumpet on the official forums still maintains that Spirit Molly is objectively superior, even after books 3 and 4.
>>
>>54399211
Fetid Strumpet maintains a lot of things, and all of them categorically wrong. If you ever have any doubt on an issue, be sure to go with the opposite he suggests.
A lot of AWP is a bit of a circlejerk, but you'll quickly find who you can have some faith in and who you can safely ignore.
>>
>>54399238

I've certainly noticed he's not shy to push his narrative at all times.

Kirai's simply too good at everything and is a NPE!
>>
>>54399211
>>54399238
I'vee played against fetid strumpet, and he's kind of a shit head in real life.

I was a new player, and knowing what I my list was, he picked a hard counter to it and rolled my shit mercilessly. To be honest with how bad an introduction it was too Malifaux, I'm surprised I still play.
>>
>>54399866

I'm not surprised to hear he's like that.
>>
>>54399211
I will admit that Goryo gave spirit Molly a little boost, but they are effectively a poor man's punk zombie when it comes down to it...
>>
>>54399989
Goryo with Yan Lo and Kirai however, are a thing of beauty
>>
Any experienced gremlin players?

I was thinking about a weird Somer list. Mostly focused and "bigger hat" and forcing players to dump thier hand.
>Somer
>Old Major for reactivate off ceaseless advance and a constant 4ap beater
>McTavish for instant death off swallow whole
>Banjoistas for paranoia pulses

Any other models that interact well with empty hands?

Is it effective or just a silly idea?
>>
Newer player here. In general what schemes and strats would you favor Seamus, Nico, and McMourning in? I'm just trying to acclimate to the faction and learning when to reach for which Master.
>>
Been stalking the wyrd forum for a bit and saw someone talking about a story where Trixiebelle gets involved with a human?

Anybody know more about that, cause I can't remember any story like that from the books.
>>
>>54400889
>involved
Like sexually?
The only story I remember is the mah tucket one that involves beating humans with a spoon.
>>
>>54400916
I dunno...just checked again, and seems like it was a story written by some forum member for a writing contest. Damn.
I want my interspecies romance.
>>
>>54401022
Proper canon is that she has tried, hasn't met anyone degenerate enough to actually want to, at least while conscious.
>>
File: Gremlin Horde.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlin Horde.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>54400684
Seamus for killing, Nico for holding and Doug for scheming.
Simple.

>>54401827
>at least while conscious.
Oh don't tell them that.
Fanfic in 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>54401827
Open-minded is the word you're looking for, I say.

>>54401957
I want to write a story that basically starts as a regular encounter. Trixiebelle uses her Lure to push an enemy goon away from an objective but he instead get's pushed towards her. And the whole encounter has to be stopped because everyone is just dumb-funded by this.
>>
>>54401957
Gods knows at least one rule 34 pic of her exists, so a story is probably out there somewhere.
>>54402092
More in the story sense, I know plenty of guys who would try out a goblin girl if given the opportunity so I'm not going to knock anybody who'd go for a gremlin.
>>
Oh boy here we go...

I have always been considered a weird guy by my peers. They used to make fun of me for my taste in women quite a lot, not that it mattered to me, anyhow. Still, I never thought my taste too be that weird, until I met her.
We were hired by a guild official to transport some wood from the edge of the bayou back to malifaux proper. Didn’t expect much but maybe some trouble with a few of the locals, nothing we haven’t dealt with before. Some of the new lads were looking a bit worried though, so I was glad when the chief announced our destination to be a small town that is known for being able to “handle” the small folk quite well. If I recall correctly, the town was founded by some eastern-european fellas who had a knack at brewing some really good liquor. I don’t reckon it has the same knock-out potential as that aweful moonshine the gremlins normally chuck down, but it might stimulate some other senses, I guess? Anyway, they trade their brew in exchange for plenty of resources from the gremlins: Gator hide, ‘shrooms, other gremlins and even some sturdy wood.
So yeah, easy going for us it seemed.
Due to some trouble on the road, on account of a broken wheel, we arrived during the early evening. The goods were already laid out for us and we quickly hauled them up the wagon while the chief took care of business. The locals – the human ones – didn’t reckon us driving back this late, for there’s been sightings of neverborn activities a few miles out of town, so we stayed for the night.

Don't know how long it will take me to get to the point though...or if even. I wouldn't really consider myself a writer.
>>
>>54402092
>Trixiebelle uses her Lure to push an enemy goon away from an objective but he instead gets pushed towards her.
>They spend the next three turns using all their AP to 'interact' with each other since there aren't any other models in LoS
>>
>>54403421
>sweaty_manlet_wiping_forehead.jpeg
>>
The fuck is going on in this thread.
At least it's not stores about rotten bells.

>>54401957
Nice crew.
>>
File: Nicodem Ortega.jpg (20KB, 328x312px) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem Ortega.jpg
20KB, 328x312px
>>54405301
Better dead than green, mi amigo.
>>
>>54406494

That image made my day, thank you
>>
Randomly - is Ramos *fun* to play? It seems like lists are largely static and there's a step by step guide on how to perform your first turn, so I wonder if it gets monotonous.
>>
File: Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg (739KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg
739KB, 1100x700px
>>54407574
Anecdotal evidence incoming - no.

We only have one guy that plays him, but he 'solved' Ramos a couple of years ago and only really plays him in one set of circumstances - Interference with a schemey pool in a Tournament he wants to play Arcanists in.

Apparently he's too algorithmic, and basic card management poops out so many spiders by turn 3 that the game becomes easy mode unless someone has teched hard against Constructs.

I can confirm that he's hell to play against if you can't keep the activation count down.
Pic related is my plan next time.
>>
>>54395502
Mostly it's got some problems in the fact that it can end up dictating things to you. Since the hungry land markers can hurt your guys you can end up creating areas that cause you problems as well as your opponent. None of the other emissaries really have that problem. It also doesn't have many other useful abilites by comparison. Summoning a changing is fine but it's more resources intensive then other abilities like shards of kythera.

Also most of his upgrades aren't particularly great, aside from ones like Pandora's which is amazing.

>>54397188
I was trying to go for more of a general view on them. The shadow emissary for example has a great kit base and then all of the upgrades are either good or great. As opposed to some of the upgrades for, say the mysterious, where they just seem mediocre or even bad (Lilith, dreamer).

And for middling ones like the arcane emissary you have some fantastic upgrades like raspy and then you have some meh ones like kaeris' (why can't she just get instinctual).
>>
>>54407574
If you are going for maximum tryhard then no, you shit out spiders and throw up your auras and you are done, but if you try shit like using magnetism to get around and try and punch shit then he is.

>>54389741
http://www.chimericdesigns.co.uk

>>54400889
In one of the self righteous mans divergent paths stories if the gremlins won that week he would have gotten drunk and woke up married to Trixie.
>>
>>54401957

Fair enough, thanks.
>>
Going to be participating in a a campaign soon. Was thinking of going with Benny wolcomb. Anyone have any advice for a starting crew? I'm definitely taking the wretch.

Also who is Benny supposed to be based off of in the real world? Was trying to find some pics so I could get an idea for a proxy.
>>
>>54407574
If you play him as a normal summoner, he's not really fun to play or play against.
>>
>>54408579
>In one of the self righteous mans divergent paths stories if the gremlins won that week he would have gotten drunk and woke up married to Trixie
Gremlins doesn't win a single round. Why can't we have nice things?
>>
File: Rasputina - Three Versions.jpg (310KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputina - Three Versions.jpg
310KB, 1600x1200px
>>54408210
>I was trying to go for more of a general view on them.
Yeah, my posts reads overly-critical. I just wanted to point out to the guy you were replying to that it was very Master-dependent.

>>54410512
Gremstiality is not nice things, it is punishable by prison time in 50 of the 50 states.

>>54407574
>>54410487
I wrote >>54407863 but I should probably point out that if you use him as a mobile buffbot with loads of Reactivate floating around the crew you can go fast hard elite killy Ramos rather than boring summoning Ramos.

The difference being that the guy I was previously talking about prefers Raspie or Marcus for kill games and Kaeris or Colette for mobility games.
>>
>>54411885

Is Raspie fun? She too looks really one note, if in a different way than Ramos.

And wow, someone who plays Kaeris.
>>
>>54412451
Pretty much all the masters can be a little "one note" but Rasputina's not isn't

>Sit behind a wall and craft spiders until the game is over.
>>
File: Rasputina Limited Edition.png (128KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputina Limited Edition.png
128KB, 300x459px
>>54412451
>And wow, someone who plays Kaeris.
I've never actually .seen. him play her, to be clear.
He doesn't play Arcanists much these days.
But she seems like she should be pretty good for mobility and schemey shit and distributing loads of chip damage.

>>54412451
>>54412496
>a little "one note" but Rasputina's not isn't
wut

From haing seen her played, she does look pretty boring and one note, yes.
Probably why I haven't seen her more, though I've actually got her built and painted myself.
>>
This is why Ressers is best, all our Masters are amazing and fun.*

*YMMV
>>
>>54413151
>wut
Phone posting fails.

>>54413555
Agreed. Don't really like Molly that much though, seems a bit generic flavor wise.
>>
>>54413761

She got major points for putting Seamus in his disgusting place, and allowing his other victims a part in it.
>>
>>54414077
Yeah. But at the end of the day she still feels like a henchmen. She's a strong independent woman or whatever, but doesn't really stand out from the crowd, imo.

All the other Resser Masters have strong and distinct themes. She feels just sort of generic.
>>
>>54414166
Rate my Henchman Harxore list guys

Angel Eyes
-Strange Alliances
-Aether Connection

Lilitu

Bloodwretch
Bloodwretch
>>
>>54414242
>Harxore list
Is this for a league or campaign?
>>
>>54414242
I like angel eyes +lilitu.
Lure +a 4 inch engagement range works well with Angel eyes not randomizing shots.

I don't know about the blood wretches though.
>>
>>54414242
I've been thinking of...

Fuhatsu+Personal+Monk Upgrade
Malifaux Child
Yasunori+RT
Monk of Low River

If anything comes forth Fuhatsu takes shots at them and lastly Yasu dives in. LRM can hide near Fuhatsu and keep him healed up. I could drop the RT in favour of turning the LRM into a Terracotta Warrior to give Yasu at least one guaranteed miss or a Railworker for more offense or something but the general gist of it is that Yasu tries his best to kill things and whatever chooses not to be engaged with him in case of his triggers being aimed at him gets shot at by Fuhatsu. The child doesn't really do anything but in comparison to the Clockwork Trap it at least counts as an activation.
>>
>>54414166

I like her conceptual theme of misfit, persecuted undead. But they really need to add more to it than her box and Archie.
>>
>>54414242

Contemplated this for Ressers:

Valedictorian (Unnerving Aura)
Graveyard Spirit
Jaakuna Ubume (Unnerving Aura)
Yin the Penangalan (Unnerving Aura)

Ressers is hard since our henchman are mostly high-cost support elements.
>>
>>54400889

least we got trixiblle r34
>>
What're suggested purchases after picking up the Marcus crew box? I hear Blessed of December is a good one, but there sure are a hell of a lot of options.
>>
If I was to choose between having Tengu or Akaname as summons for Asami, which should I bring if any?
>>
>>54418251
There are a hell of a lot of options, but that is one reason why Marcus is fun. The blessed is a good scheme runner hunter of course, but having some of your own scheme runners like the canine remains would be a good idea. You don't need to focus entirely on beasts either. Joss+Imbued Energies is going to be good in any Arcanist crew. Waldgeists are good choices for anything that requires holding a point, as their perfect camoflauge, armor, and ability to put up cover makes them quite difficult to dislodge.
>>
>>54418300

I'm a huge fan of Silurids and Waldgeists over in NB, so that's part of why I'm drifting over to the king of beasts haha
>>
>>5441718
Yeah.
If I were doing ressers, I might try a Sebastian, poison bomb list.

For Gremlins I think is try:
Francois
Lenny
Rooster rider
Slop hauler

Or maybe
Francois+dirty cheater
Lenny
Burt
Bayou gremlin

I haven't tried a hardcore henchmen list, but I feel like Gremlins would do really great. With triggers and reckless, they can punch way above their weight class, for a little bit at least.
>>
>>54418265
I'd generally go tengu.
Akame can be good scheme runners if you've got access an essay source of poison. But they don't fit most lists.
>>
Anyone yet had a chance to scan the translated rulebooks? Preferably the german one?
I want my friends who sadly never caught on to the english language to learn the rules too, so I'm wondering if the translators did their job well, or at least well enough.
>>
>>54419631
Aren't they're free anyway?
> https://www.wyrd-games.net/mfx-rules-and-translations
>>
>>54419814
I know, but I just hadn't the time to look them up.
And I don't want to hand my peeps faulty translated rules.
>>
File: Latigos de Muertos.jpg (303KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Latigos de Muertos.jpg
303KB, 800x450px
>>54419863
From what I've heard, the Italian translationis pretty good, which suggests tehy put the work in and did them all properly.
>>
>>54420508
Fortunately you are correct, the European translations came out fine, should be safe for anyone trying to learn to not get confused by a mistranslated word.
>>
>>54420508
That crew looks spectacular!

Which Arcanist Masters handle Collect the Bounty best?
>>
>>54422385
I think any "killy" master will do. CTB is more about positioning and choosing correct targets.
I'd say Marcus can be pretty good due to the big threat ranges of his beasts and his ability to "Alpha" something out of danger. On the other hand, beasts like Cerberus or Blessing not only mobile and deadly, but fragile too. So you need to play carefully.
>>
>>54418251
I really like the blessed with Marcus. It can even be used pretty well as a front line model. It doesn't have the same output as a Cerberus but it can still be quite a terror.

It's got a 3/4 chance of hitting a trigger. All of which are pretty good. Has mi 7 which is fantastic against most models. Especially def 5 models. It has more defenses than the Cerberus and doesn't lose effectiveness when it's hurt. It can also heal back up to full. It's leap does need a moderate but it can be any suit though. It also make a good holder for pack leader since it's tanky and ht 3.

Other good models like others have said are silurids, and waldergeist. Cannine remains are nice if you want to be cheap. Undead Chimera can be decent.

Another tip which you might know, but just in case, is to always put imbued energies on Miranda. That way when she shape changes you get four cards practically for free.
>>
>>54420508
Brilliant models, are they custom jobs?
>>
>>54420508
I wish you saw more stuff like this; it's so cool/creative.
>>
>>54423815
Not the poster, but Santiago and Nino look to be bog standard. Papa and Frank have some minor mods. Perdita looks to be a modded lady legeia (jack daw totem). Abuela is abuela sans wheelchair on the shoulder of a modded executioner.
>>
File: 20160918_204416_zpsjwwgxoxo.jpg (133KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_204416_zpsjwwgxoxo.jpg
133KB, 576x1024px
>>54423815
Not mine. You can read more about that crew here (conversion process described, but not detailed):

> http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114463-dia-de-los-muertos-the-ortegas-co/
>>
>>54424037
That peace keeper is going to look amazing.
>>
>>54424037
>Those roses
Muh dick
>>
>>54420508
>>54424037
Thanks for the link - I couldn't remember where I found the pic.

There's dudes out there putting in serious work.
Pic related is bananas if perhaps a little bit too much.
>>
File: Latigo de Muertos Executioner.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Latigo de Muertos Executioner.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>54424037
>>54420508
Having gone looking, HachDee is the guy that did the Latigos de Muertos and also did the Jackalopes in >>54391267 and the Blessed in >>54382390.
The rest of his Marcus crew is pretty sweet too.
Dude does good work.
>>
File: Colette Box Crew-showgirls-1.jpg (483KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Box Crew-showgirls-1.jpg
483KB, 1600x900px
>>54422688
I usually use Colette because she can get so much mileage out of the hitty minions - raw damage Rail Workers in particular, and then December Acolytes and Silent Ones for damage/utility/heals.
You can have a reasonably high-AP crew with decent damage-output but low Bounty value.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129081-reckless-op/

Man what a terrible thread. Pretty sure daniello used to bitch about Gremlins before he started playing them, too
>>
File: Gremlins OP.jpg (43KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins OP.jpg
43KB, 800x484px
>>54430410
I think there is a clear point that Reckless is a huge ability, with a disproportionately greater effect on good models, exaggerated by how AP intensive GG17 is.
It also seems to be a common truth that Reckless is valued to the point of being the deciding factor in whether a model is worth hiring or not.

Would it be too much to up the damage to 2?

Is there any good reason that it shouldn't just confer Fast?

>Filenameserendipitouslyrelated.
>>
File: Consider this.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>54430410
That thread does raise an interesting unrelated question though:

>How would Hunting Party as the Always Scheme change things?

If you focus the rest of the schemes harder on Shceme Markers and positioning, then this might discourage activation spam without always turning it into a bloodbath.

Or would it just return to the days of "kill then score" games?
>>
>>54431065
I'd say at least put it on a suit. I'd rather go back to kill first scheme later than every game turning into me doing all my activations and only then my opponent bothering to touch anything of theirs.
>>
File: Win Gamin.jpg (81KB, 861x500px) Image search: [Google]
Win Gamin.jpg
81KB, 861x500px
>>54431189
At least, yeah.
The current set are too AP-intensive, so something that rewards removing AP from the enemy, rather than effectively punishing it as mutually wasted AP, would make games somewhat less frustrating to play when even only slightly out-activated.

Of course, there are some issues that would still need to be sorted.
>>
>>54430804
Reckless is a huge ability. That doesn't make it OP.

I could see a lot of new getting drunk and reckless, instead of reckless in a new edition.

I'm not sure Gremlins needs a nerf. I don't know about the tournament scene, but they had an abysmal showing in divergent paths.
>>
>>54433801
>lot of new
Lot of models
>>
>>54433801
Divergent paths was a popularity contest. I think they do pretty well in tournaments though. Free AP is ridiculous.
>>
File: Burt Jebsen done.jpg (54KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burt Jebsen done.jpg
54KB, 800x768px
>>54433801
Drunk and Reckless is probably ok generally, but with the amount of healing floating around, specifically Dirty Cheater, that extra AP on Burt or Francois is a big deal while that Wd or two is not.
The fact that Dirty Cheater is only available to higher-wound, higher-impact models just highlights the problem.

And 4AP on either of those buggers is a big fucking deal.
Is there a reason not to just confer Fast?
>>
File: Brewmaster Crew.jpg (884KB, 3262x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Crew.jpg
884KB, 3262x1364px
>>54433801
From what I hear of the podcasting tournament scene, Gremlins are marginally under-represented among the top ranks because most of them started at a point when Gremlins were still the "shitty comedy not-a-faction".
This roughly correlates with the veteran/good/persistent tournament regulars playing Gremlins at a lower rate than the average playerbase, while many of them acknowledge that they are very good, and there are many having great successes with them.

And as >>54433976 said, Divergent Paths was dumb as a metric - 10T did terribly too.
>>
>>54434608
>pink gremlins
BLASPHEMER!
>>
>>54433976
>Free AP is ridiculous.
I'd be alright with Nimble everywhere instead of reckless.
>>54434374
It's going to be a hard thing to balance. A lot of gremlin abilities involve hurting themselves, the faction as a whole needs that healing.
>>
File: Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg (570KB, 1450x744px) Image search: [Google]
Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg
570KB, 1450x744px
>>54434777
>I'd be alright with Nimble everywhere instead of reckless.
Hahahahhafuckingno.
The mobility is 80% of the problem - extra walks make many schemes trivial, and their threat range and charge lanes much broader.
The extra shot or punch is often a bummer, but it's usually less of a point scorer.

Bayou Gremlins with Nimble would be the best scheme runners in the game, because you'd get two for the cost of most other factions', and any one could drop two markers per turn.
At least with Drunk and Reckless they only do that once without support.

The damage output is a problem for the pricier Greens, but all Nimble all the time would mean the VP-scoring potential would skyrocket while only really harming their top-end damage output, not their ability to pick and force engagements.

>>54434665
>Better dead than orange-red.
>>
>>54434906
>Hahahahhafuckingno.
Then don't cry when I use it for mobility and also take a wound.
>>
>>54434906
I always figured that the focusing with dumb luck and damage output was the problem.
>would be the best scheme runners in the game
At 3 a piece they already are, or damn close.
>>
Anna seems cooler than I originally gave her credit for. That aura can bone 10T pretty hard.
>>
>>54437306
TT player here. Anna is a cunt and can die in a fucking fire.
>>
>>54438433
What makes her a pain in the ass?
>>
>>54438569

Enemy models can't end places or pushes within, what, 8" of her?
>>
>>54438569
No push and no place make 10T a sad boy.

For real though, you can't do the subtle moving in and out of combat and the general positional fuckery TT loves until you killer her, which at 6/6/9, Armor+1 and being a henchman is just that tad harder to do than you feel it should be.
>>
File: On Yer Tiptoes.png (470KB, 462x524px) Image search: [Google]
On Yer Tiptoes.png
470KB, 462x524px
>>54434930
Logic doesn't follow - Reckless is still very powerful, even if you 'only' use it like Nimble.
>The mobility is 80% of the problem.

Why have I never seen this upgrade played before?
It seems like it has the potential to be huge.
>>
File: 41.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>54437306
> tfw you haven't even painted your first 10T crew yet, but at least two people already brought and assembled Anna
>>
>>54439725
>>54434930
I think you guys are talking past each other. One is thinking replace reckless with nimble, the other is thinking limit reckless to gaining nimble for taking a wound instead of an extra AP.
>>
>>54437306
She shuts down certain crews hard. I've never taken her, mostly cause I don't really like playing hosers. Which is a probably a hold over from having to play against Pandora and Hamlin crews.

>>54439686
If I was being a dick, I'd take a grave spirit too.
>>
>>54439725
>Reckless is still very powerful, even if you 'only' use it like Nimble.
There's nothing wrong with powerful abilities. Powerful doesn't mean over powered or unbalanced.
>>
>>54444020
Playing against Pandora and Hamlin crews as Gremlins, I mean.
>>
File: Fingers.jpg (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fingers.jpg
147KB, 1024x768px
>>54442213
>>54442213
>I think you guys are talking past each other.
Sort of, but not really.
My point is that too-easy access to that much mobility .is. the problem - Reckless giving you Nimble instead of an extra AP obviously has less utility, but it's still the most powerful part of it in point-scoring terms.

>>54444044
>Powerful doesn't mean over powered or unbalanced.
Well, no.
But the phrase is clearly being used in the context "Reckless is so powerful that it makes many models that have it over-powered".

I think bumping everything up to Drunk and Reckless might go some small way towards balancing it - the damage is not .completely. negligible at that point.
>>
>>54444225
>I think bumping everything up to Drunk and Reckless might go some small way towards balancing it - the damage is not .completely. negligible at that point.
Meh.
I've yet to see anything that implies Gremlins need a nerf. If they were dominating the tournament scene, I'd be more inclined to agree.
>>
Is it worth it to spend extra dosh for the translucent minis? How hard are they to assemble and partially paint?
>>
>>54447533
They are slightly more brittle but not any harder to assemble. Ideally you would use plastic cement (Tamiya's is good) to weld the gaps together and use really fine sand paper to smooth it out. After that get some transparent primer (Again, Tamiya sells some good shit) and paint by using glazes/transparent layers, or just defining some details with washes and leaving it as is.
>>
>>54447533
The main reason to get the translucents is that you don't have to paint them for competitions. Outside of that, using the canopy glue for model airplanes is the only difference.
>>
File: Kirai Bid Crew.jpg (97KB, 1280x604px) Image search: [Google]
Kirai Bid Crew.jpg
97KB, 1280x604px
>>54447612
>The main reason to get the translucents is that you don't have to paint them for competitions.
I didn't think the grey horde played Malifaux.

>>54447533
With a wee bit of painting they look fucking siiiiiiiiick.
>>
>>54447599
>>54447612
>>54447658
Thanks.
So the regular CA or plastic glue will not hold?
I would use wash on most for details and paint some parts, nothing fancy.
>>
>>54447886
Those would hold. You want to use Tamiya Extra Thin after the main assembly is complete so you can get rid of gaps and seams.
>>
>>54447886
any plastic cement or super glue will hold - the Tamiya or cockpit glue should not cause fogging. since you are painting, that won't be a big deal.
>>54447658
As a proud member of the grey horde, I recognize and respect the effort I see on the Malifaux minis - I don't make the time to develop my skills, but love the work nonetheless.
>>
File: Dark Carnival - Mr Cooper.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Carnival - Mr Cooper.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
>>54448025
>I don't make the time to develop my skills, but love the work nonetheless.
I can respect the honest position.

Still, a three-colour plus wash takes an hour to do a crew and looks decent enough from a table away.
It's pretty much all I do, but I feel it raises the whole experience of playing a game that bit.
>>
File: Alt Titania.jpg (117KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Alt Titania.jpg
117KB, 960x960px
Is there any more news about the upgrades?

There were at least a couple of Anons on here mumbling about their opinions, but no-one really said anything substantive.
>>
Any core crew builds for Resser Yan Lo? I know he's weak but I like the fluff.
>>
>>54450933
I'm not sure how much synergy he provides with his crew.

If probably go with imazu and bells, and go whole hog on lightning jump and movement shenanigans.
A nurse and the niece would be great too, full heal then remove paralyze.
>>
>>54361914
Hey, brand new, some friends are getting into this game. I really love Barrows, is he decent in general? Is he an ok master for beginners and what would be some good buys for him?
>>
>>54451898
He is decent. He is pretty good at getting down scheme markers and holding up enemy models. He requires more thinking than let's say Viktorias or Von Schill, but he is a good choice. You should probably get some Dead Outlaws along with some Outcasts staples like Sue, Johan, and Killjoy.
>>
>>54451898
He's a little more complex than most, but definitely a strong master.
>>
>>54451329

Fair enough, I'll try that.
>>
>>54450933
Go with at least two ancestors, and then determine if you want to go spirit or not. I usually pick Izamu and the Emissary, though occasionally another one might sneak its way onto there.
>>
>>54452094
>>54452196
Speaking of YanLo, is maniacal laughter any good with him? It seems like more annoying places to lightning jump models would be good.
>>
>>54451928
Not sure how well Killjoy would do in a Parker crew, not as much opportunity to bomb him as you'd have with Tara or Hamelin.

I guess you can always just run up a Ronin and seppuku if you absolutely need to spawn him.
>>
>>54454269
Fair enough. I would say that Ashes & Dust may work better for Parker, even at its high cost.
>>
Assuming a core of

Hamelin - 1ss cache (ideally 6~7 cache)
+The Piper - 2ss
+The Plague - 2ss
The Stolen - 2ss
Obedient Wretch - 4ss
Winged Plague - 4ss

...what would you guys suggest as a model pool to draw from? Ashes & Dust/Desolation Engine as the big, pricey model seems a given.
>>
>>54455128
Sue if facing neverborn
The killjoy bomb is always nice
>>
>>54456470
Why Sue for neverborn?
>>
>>54457429
Immune to horror duels
can hive sudo soft cover against casts
can insatkill hungering darkness
ring of fire makes it so their melee models don't want to charge in
>>
>>54457429

They ain't never met a man like Sue
>>
File: Yin the Panangalangalangalang.jpg (124KB, 842x960px) Image search: [Google]
Yin the Panangalangalangalang.jpg
124KB, 842x960px
>>54454077
I'd never really thought about that, but extra chaff is always useful, and as you say Lightning Dance points are always good.

Yin the Pingu is available to you, is she not?

>>54454371
>I would say that Ashes & Dust may work better for everyone, all the time.
A&D is silly good.
>>
>>54457574
That does seem like some solid anti neverborn tech. I was always wondering what people saw in Sue. I love the model and the fluff, but all his abilities seemed not to add up to anything useful.
>>
>>54459690
>Yin the Pingu is available to you, is she not?
Another great choice for lighting jump. I was not sure if she's better than punk for slice and dice though.
>>
>>54459690
So ugly.
>>
>>54462219
Ikr, really knocked out of the ball park.
>>
- How would you rate oxfordian mages now, with upgrade?
- How'd you rate oxfordian mages without upgrade?
>>
>>54463000
I haven't played arcanists, so I can't say.
They seem to fit in a word place. Not really heavy hitters, or good scheme runners.

Like units made for a gun line, but I'm not sure that arcanists has gun line support.
>>
>>54463000
Before they were incidental. Now they are generally more useful. They don't do much on their own, but they can sit somewhere and push hard hitters down board, protect models by being in LoS of them, and of course score for anything that requires a warm body in a specific location.
>>
File: Blank_158517_6334782.jpg (43KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_158517_6334782.jpg
43KB, 333x500px
So total newbie here, had my first couple of games today again Bewmaster and Yan Lo.
Didnt lose a single model in either match.
Felt abit rough for the other guy.
Did i just have a stupid stroke of luck or wtf happened here ?
>>
>>54464469
Brewmaster and Yan Lo are more about locking things down and tying things up rather than straight up murdering the enemy crew. That said I still feel like Izamu or whatever beater was working with Brewmaster should have at least killed a key model or two. You may have just been lucky of course.
>>
>>54464469
Who were you running?
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129120-what-makes-other-factions-jealous/

Nothing like an admitted brand new player trying to weigh in. "Nellie looks weak to me"
>>
>>54464469
Did you at least win the games? I've won
a fair amount of games without any models left on the table without making much kills myself. Against newbies, the Brewmaster and Yan Lo are some great pick because they allows you to do okay without doing any killing and just tying them up instead.
Add to that the fact that they're some just about the weakest masters in the game and it feels like he/they was/were trying to make your first games somewhat more engaging rather than wiping you off the map turn 3. Whenever I go up against newer players I always try to keep the point difference to 1-2 points max.
Or maybe they're just bad.
>>
>>54464577
Oh yeah should probably have told that.
Ran the Titania Crew box and the hooded rider.
>>54464536
Fair point, though it certainly didnt feel like i was particaularily tied up.
>>54465173
Yeah won both games by a landslide.
He's new-ish as well, so he wasnt trying to go easy on me, he just used the masters he felt like would be most fun for him.
>>
>>54465240
Well, Yan Lo and the Brewmaster are the weakest masters in TT by quite a margin and are very easy to play wrong. So if he's a newer player there's a very good chance he's just not quite grasped them.
Usually the Brewmaster lets you put something on a - or two and then have Izamu hacking into them. That should delete about 1 model a turn per beatstick you have around. Similarly with Yan, kick someone into Izamu's open arms and they're gonna have a bad day trying to escape Ml8 with a + flip. Sounds like his list ignored threat and just hoped once their master touched them they'd disappear.
>>
>>54465664
sounds like my buddies biggest mistake was not bringing Izamu.
>>
>>54465906
Oh any beaters will do. I tend to run Brewmaster with about 3 and once something is on a - you just delete it. Though Yan really likes Izamu, Yin, the Emissary, etc.
>>
>>54466024
that might explain why he didnt do so well with brewmaster, he didnt have a beater at all, just the basic crew box and some upgrades.
>>
How does Tara actually fare as a Ressers Master? Just looking at her she looks like she'd still be better served by largely adhering to her theme models. All that really changes is maybe your high-priced beater if you're going the Beast Bomb route.
>>
File: Tara.jpg (53KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
Tara.jpg
53KB, 600x717px
>>54461641
>I was not sure if she's better than punk for slice and dice though.
I think this is maybe one of Wyd's problems with each progressive waves - they've already done a grand job identifying the factions' holes, so each successive wave has an extremely hard fight to carve a niche.
The Punk Zombie is just so damn good in so many contexts.

>>54463000
I love them.
They aren't exactly murderers, but between the many triggers they can be great utility pieces for holding-points strats/schemes, deceptively mobile, and confer huge bonuses to (e.g.) Joss with Warding Runes.

>>54467324
>How does Tara actually fare as a Ressers Master?
Poorly is the scene report, but I don't actually know.
Against someone that hasn't teched or played against her, I suspect she's probably a horriffic pain in the dick.
>>
>>54468586

"Maybe if we made a Spirit Punk Zombie alternative, sort of" and the Goryo was born.
>>
File: Oxfordian Mages.jpg (35KB, 706x430px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordian Mages.jpg
35KB, 706x430px
>>54463000
Having three of them is a huge deterrent to moving into a zone - three 10" range Furious Casting mages at Ca6, even 'only' 2/3/4 with triggers, can be pretty scary.

I like them with Colette - being able to prompt the trio into position can be pretty huge in Turf War, or to protect Claim Jump or similar.
>>
Sandeep, naturally, can make good use of the Oxfordians too. They might not kill anything but they will be a pain to dislodge.
>>
File: Oxfordians.jpg (387KB, 1500x992px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordians.jpg
387KB, 1500x992px
>>54468804
I get most of my mileage out of either
a) Threatening to Burn or Ignore Armour or
b) Push things 2x(Tomes)" away.
Between the Pushes and the 9x 2/3/4 the block of Mages is something that can't be ignored in those cases where the area you park them is important.

I wouldn't use them in Collect The Bounty (too soft for Enforcers), but in Turf War and Interference they are fantastic area control pieces.
>>
Have we seen any art of Benny from Wave 5 yet? Has he appeared in Chronicles or TTB before?
>>
Does Hamelin have to be an unpleasant experience for your opponent? I just like the themes of vermin and disease, but summoning rats is a natural product of playing his crew.
>>
>>54469845
Not really. If you are experienced especially you can get all the activations done in a jiffy.
>>
>>54469845
Activation control + a ton of models means you need an opponent who is fine with just watching you play your own game for a while each turn.
>>
>>54469792
Haven't seen any wave 5 art yet.
>>
>>54469927

Does making them into Kings mitigate it at all? I'd rather not have like 12 rats running around even if I'm only incidentally producing one or two a turn.
>>
>>54470028
That would make it better, but at that point you're sort of actively playing against your self interest.
>>
I'm sad Simulacrum #29's not a "real" unit anymore. Fantastic model.
>>
>>54472334
No, but like the other avatars it is a legal emissary proxy.
>>
>>54472490

I know, but I'd rather #29 be its own thing.
>>
>>54472508
Unless Avatars are brought back for real I can't imagine that it would happen. It would be neat to see #29 get stats for a scenario though, like The Carver and Krampus.
>>
>>54472490
I didn't know this. I have Nico's and I was going to have him chilling on a 30mm base. Now I've got to rethink it.

>>54472541
Has wyrd said one way or the other if they're ever bring avatars back?
>>
>>54473164
>Has wyrd said one way or the other if they're ever bring avatars back?
I don't recall anything specific. Avatars can of course be manifested in Shifting Loyalties campaigns. Wyrd said that they were going to make some avatar base inserts, and they are supposedly still working on them, but they have been very slow.
>>
>>54473288
I can see why they've held off so far. They'd be a giant pain in the tits to balance.
>>
Haha, wow. Marcus' Avatar looks dumb. I get what they were going for but it didn't work.
>>
>>54473804
Yeah. It looks pretty goofy.

I like a lot of the old metal models. But every once in a while they fucked up bad.
>>
File: BEEEEES.png (430KB, 677x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BEEEEES.png
430KB, 677x1000px
>>54474797
>>
>>54474895
I figured her face was supposed to look fucked up because she's borderline possessed by a demon...
>>
>>54475759
It's not monsterous enough to look fucked-up-ugly. Which as a result makes it look like bad-sculpt-ugly
>>
File: howardlangston-1.jpg (401KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
howardlangston-1.jpg
401KB, 1600x900px
>>54469845
As others have said, to make himfun for the other guy you have to intentionally play counter to how Hamelin is supposed to work.

You can learn your macros and play him efficiently, and then at least it's not as boring, but the two games I had against him was everything I'd been told to expect and more.
It's the only time that Warmachine's zero-interactionstylehas appealed, because more than half the time could have been spent doing other stuff instead of hanging around to make Df/Wp flips.

Worse than that though was just the frustrating nature of the chaff he puts out, and there's no way around that.
There's nothing satisfying about killing Rats, and any half-competent player is going to hem you in so that you can't go and scheme either.

I ended up using Howard Langston as a scheme runner because he was the only thing fast enough to stay ahead of the tide.

Just a frustrating experience.
>>
File: Marcus Avatar.jpg (429KB, 566x1626px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Avatar.jpg
429KB, 566x1626px
>>54473804
>Marcus' Avatar looks dumb.

Yuuuuuuup.

>>54474797
>I like a lot of the old metal models. But every once in a while they fucked up bad.
Speaking of metal Marcus, I can't decide if the Hannah-Barbera-looking Sabretooth Cerberus or not.
>>
It's funny to me how BORING the Guild looks compared to every other faction.
>>
File: Sonia Criid Witch Hunter crew.jpg (72KB, 1111x454px) Image search: [Google]
Sonia Criid Witch Hunter crew.jpg
72KB, 1111x454px
>>54478549
Two obvious responses:

a) Duh, they are the vanilla faction in steampunkmagicland.

b) Have you looked at them?
I don't think they are actually any less interesting as models than most factions, they just don't have as much magic-y shit.
Hoffman's robutts are on par with the Arcanists' and the Death Marshall stuff looks undead-y with added flames.
Lucius' Guild Guard and Nellie's reporters are pretty normal-looking, but most of 10T are 'just monks' and samurai, a similar chunk of the Ressurs are pretty plain zombies or ghosts...

I think maybe the Guild have a more coherent aesthetic across the faction, and they tend to be painted in normal human clothes which maybe makes them look bland as a whole.
Individually, I don't think they have a greater proportion of boring models than most factions.
>>
File: Wongas Marvolo Riddle.jpg (323KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wongas Marvolo Riddle.jpg
323KB, 900x900px
So I've just spotted my next inappropriate master proxy, and I'm pretty excited about it.
>>
>>54478549
>BORING
I actually like most of the guild stuff, because it looks normal.

Just normal humans fighting monsters, undead, and the literal stuff of nightmares with nothing but bullets and huge balls.
>>
>>54479429
Who are you planning on using it for? Sandeep?
>>
File: Wong Art.png (80KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
Wong Art.png
80KB, 300x283px
>>54480966
Wong.
Hence putting Wong in his name.
The no-nose thing is most of the way to Gremlin already.
It doesn't fit so well with the comedy antics of the lightning bugs though.
>>
>>54480966

Lady Justice
>>
>>54481021
I think when it comes to alternate models, there are no Wong decisions.

>>54481089
I can dig it.
>>
File: Cojo.jpg (183KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
Cojo.jpg
183KB, 800x950px
>>54481187
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy!!!!
>>
>>54481089
>>54481187
I don't think that model would do her Justice.
>>
>>54478549
Well if you compare the looks of Malifaux characters to WoW characters, you might find Malifaux characters boring too.
Guild is just plain humans equipped to fight almost any threat they come across, more or less. Or pretty much harmless reporters\not so much doctors, very much not harmless at all not even slightly harmless executioners and etc etc. So no golems and spirits made manifest like arcanists, no ninjassamuraimonks like TT, no demonspawnlovecraftianhorros like neverborn, no drunk green horde like gremlins, no hodgepodge mercs-moremercs-othervileentities like outcasts or zombies-shinyzombies-spirits like ressers.
What is left? THE LAW. And it aint lookin pretty, boyo, not for you, me little outlaw boyo.
>>
>>54481307
Please buff Cojo. I want to field him.
>>
>>54481961
>THE LAW.
Now I want a Judge Dread themed crew. Maybe proxy him for lady j.
>>
>>54482203
Next level challenge - convert Lady J so she will look like Megacity Judge.
Bonus points if she will hold the scales in one hand.
>>
>>54482420
I don't think it would be that hard. You'd just need a judge model to cannibalize.
>>
Is Kaeris actually any good? She looks horrendous on paper to me.
>>
>>54482853
That was my impression too. Like Sonia but worse.
>>
File: Colette Avatar of Deception.jpg (146KB, 446x957px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Avatar of Deception.jpg
146KB, 446x957px
>>54481972
7ss, or Df6, or even just Wk5/Cg7 would do.
Df5 Wd8 just ain't much, even with H2K.

As it is, only Colette can feed him the Scheme Markers he needs for Mark Territory to go Defensive+X, and why the fuck would she take him over the dozen better options?
Even the local guy moving into Marcus tried him twice and had him evaporate as soon as he annoyed the opponent.
>>
>>54482853
She's ok (?), I guess. She's hardly the strongest acranist master, but she's probably not the weakest either.

>>54483024
Excluding "fire" theme, I don't think there is that much common ground with Sonnia.
>>
File: Kaeris Crew.jpg (140KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Kaeris Crew.jpg
140KB, 900x675px
>>54482853
>>54483024
If you're comparing her to Sonia she'll look shite, becuase Sonia is a damage master, where Kaeris is a support/mobility model.

Grab and Drop is a sraight up .incredible. upgrade for changing how other models work.
On a dense table, giving your whole crew Burning+1 for FLIGHT is pretty huge.

Also her model is fucking cool as dicks.
>>
>>54483239
>I don't think there is that much common ground with Sonnia.
Exactly. Sonia is good. Kaeris is Kaeris.
>>
Time for new thread?
>>
>>54484519

>>54484584
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.