[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a friend of yours fucked with you in a RPG, would you be pissed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x400px
If a friend of yours fucked with you in a RPG, would you be pissed with him outside the table?
>>
>>54322652
Not really. Though calling my gaming acquaintances friends is pushing it.
>>
>>54322652
Would probably fuck his girlfriend again as revenge. So he learned better now.
>>
>>54322652

Depends on the context, but in general no. Keeping IC and OOC disconnected is a very important skill.
>>
It would entirely depend on what they were doing. If they're legitimately pursuing their characters interest, I wouldn't mind. If I'm under the impression that they're torpedoing the game for shits and giggles I'll say something about it.
>>
File: 1444582177764.jpg (36KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444582177764.jpg
36KB, 700x600px
Generally no, but if they fucked with me at a moment where I really did not want to be fucked with (something important storywise or to my character that I'd been building up to for a while), or messed around enough that actually fucking with me just broke the last straw, I'd get mad.

But I'm not going to get mad like I've seen some people get mad - when they weren't helped by another character because their player had a different strategy in mind and they weren't really working together at that moment.
>>
Why would I?
>>
>>54322757
I predict this will become a new common /tg/ meme inside a month. Tough guy posting
>>
>>54322950
>new
>>
>>54322652
What happens at the table stays at the table.
>>
>>54322652
DEPENDS !
>>
Is he being a dick or is he playing a dick? The latter is excusable, even expected, the first is just being a dick.
>>
>>54323132
No, it's me.

A friend of mine got a powerful magical item in the game and since I'm chaotic neutral I killed him while he slept. Now he is being quite salty outside the game, even through he rolled a new character.

I roleplayed it correctly through. My character wasn't friend with his and we both went together on a dungeon. He got wounded in battle and was damaged, so I took advantage when he camped to finish him off. When I returned to the party I said that he didn't make it, another party member tried to sense if I was lying but I'm a very good bluffer. They brought that he died fighting and we honored him afterwards.
>>
>>54323243
Well, I don't think It's healthy for PC's be killing each other, unless you're playing an intrigue based, Wich don't seem to be the case.

I'm sorry, but simply being chaotic neutral is not a good enough excuse for killing an Allie and lying to the others. That's some CE behavior.

I would ask forgiveness to your friend and ask your GM if he is down to let you play an evil character with lust for power.
>>
>>54322757
but if he's fucking you doesn't that mean you're his girlfriend now?
>>
>>54323243
You may have in-character motivations and roleplayed it correctly, but it's still a dick move. RPGs are supposed to be social things.

I love how you say 'he's salty even though he rolled a new character.' It reminds me of a guy I played with who did not understand why the barbarian wanted his sword back after he stole it, even after he'd gotten a new weapon. It's almost as if you think that his character is something he had no investment in and that he doesn't mind replacing it because you wanted an imaginary item - ignoring any emotional attachments he had to the character, it's a bit of work to put together a new one.
>>
>>54323243
>Chaotic Neutral
>Kills someone for selfish reasons

Textbook chaotic Evil
>>
>>54324361
One wicked act doesn't justify alignment shift towards evil, just like one virtuous act doesn't make shift towards good.
>>
>>54323611
Nah, man, they're casual, no strings attached.

>>54322652
Seriously though, fucked how? It really depends whether they were intentionally assholes and doing something full well knowing it's a, pun warning, a dick move (if we talk about literal fucking) or not.
If he's just That Guy I may be disappointed and annoyed because he's disrupting things making it worse for others but if he's smart about it, I can play along. I confess that I did so once myself.

If it's literal fucking, I may be annoyed but also eager to make him realize he acted like a cringy perv enough to ruin his fun before leaving him in the shitfest he's in. Certainly I'd avoid playing with him if fucking everything is how his unsatisfied, permavirgin life (or at leat that would be my accusation) pushed him.
>>
>>54322652
If it's a disruptive asshole trying to shit the game up intentionally then yes.

If it's a moron who can't into playing well with others then I'd only be irritated if they got all pissy and defensive when players politely tried to point out their problems.

If it's a game where dickery is to be expected then no.
>>
>>54324299

This. Failure to grasp this = autism.

And of course:
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it's what muh character wud do XD
doesn't justify it. A player is a cunt for playing that character in the first place.
>>
>>54322652
I am a petulant child who can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality, so yes.
>>
>>54323243
>killing party members in their sleep
This should be banned behavior at any D&D type game
>>
>>54324619
Maybe you shouldn't sleep near untrustworth people?
>>
>>54324404
It was not just the killing, but the motivations and the lying to allies about it.

And I suggested the alignment change to soothe the table. He wasn't killing the PC because he was a dick, he was building character.

Then he could play it evil but smart, not being a dick to other players, you know?
>>
>playing amateur basketball
>be on the bench
>get brought on in the last quarter
>get the ball
>bros are calling for a pass
>lolno
>start comedy-dribbling back towards my own basket, then throw the ball of the court
>teammates are all "WTF?!"
>me: "Games are for fun. This is how I have fun. Fun is personal and subjective so you have no argument"
>they're hurling abuse
>me: "Why so mad? It's only a game guys!"
>>
>>54322652
I'd try not to be. Depending on how it went over, I might in fact be pissed with him, but that would be a failing on my end.
>>
>>54322652
Maybe a little, but I'm mature enough to know that it's not worth it so I won't act in consequence (outside the table).

Now if he's fucking me "in" a RPG but he's really also fucking with me irl I confront the cunt.
>>
>>54324589
Yeah - if your character would kill another player's character, don't do it. You can justify it as the character thinking that it's too much risk or whatever, but if you go through it with, it's not the character making the choice, it's you.
>>
I'd be disappointed if they didn't fuck with me. Intra-party conflict can be great fun. I'm not stupid enough to take it personally.
>>
>>54324701
Evil basically means selfish in D&D. Your act was extremely selfish.
>>
>>54324870
Intra party conflict is quite different from intra party murder.

There was no chance for conflict, or character development.
>>
>>54322652
depends on if it was meant as just a roleplay thing, as in if its something his character would do, or if it was done purely to mess with me.
the severity of how much they fucked me over would also factor in, to a certain degree. but again, if it was done for roleplay purposes i won't get upset nearly as much as if it was done just to fuck with me.
>>
>>54324703
Slightly inadequate since most roleplaying games are not team-based competitive games.

I mean yeah, both are examples of a cunt but there's different kinds of cunts.
>>
>>54324404
>One wicked act doesn't justify alignment shift towards
Yes it can and does. Especially for CN. You are in the alignment with the least wiggle room for fucking around. One way or the other, one significant act can slip you into a different alignment. Murdering someone who was supposed to be your friend to steal his shit, especially when there alternatives to killing him.
>>
>>54323243
That was a pretty dick move. A chaotic neutral sure will realize that losing a potential ally and risking his own life at the hands of the rest of the team is too much risk for a simple magical item. Was it the setting equivalent to the One Ring, the Silmarils or something?
>>
>>54324976
OP here.

He wasn't my "friend". In RL he is, but on game he was like a random hired hand.
>>
>>54323243

Yeah, that was a dick move. Party conflict is fine, but you could have done about a million different things that would have been way more interesting and fun than "kill party member in his sleep."

You could have tried replacing it with a fake, you could have swiped it the day he was attempting to sell it, leading to a dramatic chase or a game of cat and mouse. You could convince the other party members that he's not to be trusted with it, and that you would be a much better caretaker.

You went with chaotic stupid instead.
>>
File: marooned-05-300x228_zps2deb3197.jpg (16KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
marooned-05-300x228_zps2deb3197.jpg
16KB, 300x228px
>>54322652
No. You're a Dumb Faggit.

Only exception is if the fuckery actually harms the RP; your character is the focus of a compelling story everyone is into, and your character's death/disablement kills the story/mood/momentum.

But, that applies to just about any character action.
>>
>>54325284
More interesting perhaps. But my character calculated that was the option with lowest risk. The mission was complete, the guy was severely weakened, the place was risky and dangerous... and we were completely alone. It was literally a murder scene.
>>
>>54323243
>plays chaotic neutral
>kills off other party members for loot
>doesn't understand what could possibly be terrible about such an action and blames his friend for being "salty"
yep, checks out, you're definitely That Guy and should seriously consider never playing a ttrpg again
>>
>>54325452

Anon, part of being an adult is realizing when you've done something wrong, owing up to it, and doing better in the future. At the time you may have felt that it was a good idea, but it really wasn't, and it didn't add anything to the story or the characters.

Like I said earlier, conflict is totally fine, but the difference between good conflict and bad conflict largely comes down to tact.
>>
>>54325672
But anon, my character wasn't interested in creating conflict, he was interested in quickly increasing his skills while avoiding conflict.
>>
>>54325782
>but its what my character would do!
you made a shitty character. if you can't figure that out you're doomed to be That Guy forever.
>>
>>54325851
I disagree. A shitty character goes against the plot. The plot advanced just fine, I just didn't gave his character an extra thought.
>>
>>54325951
>I disagree.
Your opinion is objectively wrong, sorry. Might want to work on fixing that.
>>
>>54325989
If you have an argument, sure.
>>
>>54325782

Good players play to their character while also thinking about ways to make the game/story more interesting. A good chaotic neutral character would not jump to murder as their first solution, and a good player would realize that killing someone in their sleep is the direct opposite of fun.

You're not going to burst into flames if you admit you did someone wrong, and your friend certainly isn't going to get angrier at you for owing up to it.
>>
>>54322652
Not if its something his character would actually do.
>>
>>54326005
Do you have an agruement? Everyone else seems to be making decent points about how you shouldn't be a dick to other people when you're playing pretend and you keeps circling back to
>but muh character!
so if you're actually interested in discussing the subject, then maybe stop plugging your ears and screaming the same thing over and over like an autist.
>>
>>54326005
>If you have an argument, sure.
Sure.
For one, your character is Chaotic Neutral. Huge red flag right there just to start off with, as its an alignment usually played by antisocial edgelords who gladly jump to murder as the first solution to anything and everything. You proved yourself following this rule by murdering a party member for no other reason than to get a piece of loot.
Also, and this was already mentioned but bears repeating, your character straight up murdered a party member. For a really shitty reason. It's a usually frowned upon thing for PCs to be killing each other even if they actually have serious RP reasons to do so. You had no reason whatsoever except for loot.
Your character is like the most stereotypical That Guy character ever, and you are almost the most stereotypical That Guy.
>>
>>54326029
The story is interesting. True it wasn't fun for him, but it was fun for me to act in a way that was very chaotic.

And it wasn't my first solution, that would be chaotic stupid. I actually thought of plenty of other ways, I just decided that as the safest route.

The lesson here is actually to don't show a valuable artifact to someone who you don't know to be trustworth, then immediately show weakness in a place where there wouldn't be consequences. No way I would have done that if we were on a city or near other party members.
>>
>>54326160
>True it wasn't fun for him, but it was fun for me to act in a way that was very chaotic.

This is the problem.
>>
>>54326160
>True it wasn't fun for him
you seem to have forgotten that RPGs are collaborative experiences and the only one your That Guy behavior satisfied was yourself
>>
Why didn't the guy that wanted a magic ring just steal it in his sleep? Why did he have to kill his party member?
>>
>>54326189
You ignored the rest of the argument. The problem is that you are only seeing it as a game.

Dying in a RPG is never fun, but can happen in any encounter. The only way to stop it is being smart about it. The same way you should be careful when near other characters. You should never expect that just because you are friend with a player his character will be your friend or even like you. Of course as a collaborative game we need to work together, because that's the only way to beat the dungeons, but just because we are sharing a room doesn't mean you should leave your wallet unattended.
>>
>>54322652
Yes unless it was justified.
>>
>>54326296
If I stole the ring, the first thing he would ask is: who stole the magic ring that I was using in battle like yesterday?

Then he would look at me, who am the only other person in the room. Who by the way is a thief. Does that seem smart?
>>
>>54326300
It does, because otherwise you make the game boring. This means you either ensure the group has no reason to be stupid with each other, or you suspend your disbelief and just don't be stupid with each other.
>>
>>54326330
>chaotic neutral
>thief
>who murders party members for loot
we did it folks, a perfect three strikes
congratulations to you, anon. you are officially That Guy.
>>
>>54326330
You could have hidden it. I'm sure you can think of good ways to hide something as small as a ring, thieves are meant to be clever.
>>
>>54326352
He's memeing/baiting you fool.
>>
>>54326338
>This means you either ensure the group has no reason to be stupid with each other
This is actually the best solution. Just don't paint yourself as a victim.

>>54326368
You are literally implying that the other player is retarded, because only someone like that wouldn't put 1+1 together.

But the main problem is... why risk it?
>>
>>54326405
>Just don't paint yourself as a victim.
what
>But the main problem is... why risk it?
CN != psychopathy
>>
>>54322652
The rogue in my party tried to steal from the fighter and got KO'd by the fighter and the barbarian (who sided with the fighter) it was a good feeling
>>
>>54326338

No, you just lack the creativity and imagination necessary to do anything other than murder. People have already come up with suggestions. You just decided that your fun was more important than anyone else's. You literally admitted to it.

>True it wasn't fun for him, but it was fun for me to act in a way that was very chaotic.

As a DM, I'm telling you, I could have turned stealing that ring into an adventure of it's own if you gave me something to work with other than murder. Something that would have been fun for you and him.

You're just an indolent child.
>>
>>54326433
Would you show an artifact for a thief who isn't your friend, while you are alone and clearly handicapped?

Psychopathy would imply that I go murderhoboing. I don't. I only kill when it's improves the act.
>>
>>54326488
No, anon, non-psychopaths are actually very reluctant to kill people in cold blood.
>>
>>54326488
You think psychopaths are real life orcs or something? They only kill when they think they can get away with it. Like you.
>>
>>54326497
>>54326542
Not every case of robbery followed by murder was done by a psycho.
>>
>>54326576
No? But killing people in their sleep...
>>
>>54326488

Sociopathic behavior doesn't equate to being a murderhobo, it's simply a lack of empathy for other people. There are plenty of functional sociopaths out there who have never killed anyone but also wouldn't feel bad about doing it either.
>>
>>54322652
If his character had a good reason for fucking with my character, then no, I wouldn't.
>>
File: 1489980798733.png (11KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1489980798733.png
11KB, 112x112px
>>54326576
Is there a single case in which a burglar entered a house to steal an object, and ended up murdering the family in their sleep for no reason, and he wasn't considered a nutjob?
>>
>>54326576

Most robberies occur when the homeowners are at work, because even shitty criminals don't usually want to kill innocent people. The criminals who do hurt people usually have a history of violent and antisocial behavior.
>>
>>54326655
Well over here in South Africa if you're getting robbed, chances are your getting raped too
>>
>>54326675

>The criminals who do hurt people usually have a history of violent and antisocial behavior.
>>
Depends on the kind of fuckery. If he was doing it to spite me and was being petty I'd be pretty annoyed. If it was !FUN! I'd be okay with it though.

Making me reroll a character is over the line in any case. You went from doing something interesting to making me waste a bunch of time. Fuck off with that.
>>
>>54326675
Made me laugh
>>
>>54322652
Depends on if he discussed it with me or not. If we talked about it, I'm fine, if it's out of the blue I'd be a little upset.

I guess the one caveat would be if they did it and it was clear it was all for fun, ya know?
>>
>>54322652
Depends on if his character did that and it was enjoyable, or if he's being a dick.
Getting betrayed in a grand orchestra of subtle diplomacy can be a death sentence to your character but can be well done and won't fuck with your enjoyment of the game, but if a dickwad steals from his party while they sleep or runs away while there's combat going on while playing a galant knight... He's a dick.

Most people are shit at PvP, and there's gonna be hurt feefees at the table. Avoid PvP unless you have extremely experienced players (and even then, they might snap due to unforeseen real life shit that might be fucking them). Too risky.
>>
OP, you're a dick. You don't punch your friend in the nuts and then blame him for leaving himself open. Children do that, and that's only because they're too short-sighted to see how dumb it is.
>>
>>54330231
To be fair, if they go showing their nuts near you it's a good reason to punch them.
>>
>>54326160
>The story is interesting. True it wasn't fun for him, but it was fun for me to act in a way that was very chaotic.

And this is why you're not a good player.
>>
>>54332280
By roleplaying the alignment? Kek.

Call me back when I do something that doesn't fit the game.
>>
>>54332309
I know you're baiting, but I'm bored so one last post.

I'm not going to argue whether you were playing your alignment well or not, because that kind of argument is impossible to prove.

But a good player would have found a way to roleplay their alignment that was fun for everyone at the table. You are only able to make it fun for yourself, which is why you're not a good player.
>>
>>54332357
>it's your job to make the game fun for everyone
Nope, that's the GM. While that would be ideal, your main objective is to have fun yourself.
>>
>>54324703
>Games are for fun.
>them: "This isn't fun for us and we outnumber you."
>they're hurling rocks
>you cry
>them: "Why so mad? It's only a game guy."
>>
>>54332309
You played chaotic evil tho
>>
>>54332376
Only if you're the only player at the table, though.
>>
>>54332521
One evil action doesn't make evil. I will be CE when I become an orc.
>>
>>54332681
Murdering in cold blood does make you evil though.
>>
>>54332692
Not instantly. Plus there are other factors.
>>
>>54324590
>if you get mad that i took something you put an investment on from you you're a petulant child
0/10
>>
>>54323243
No you went too far. TTRPGs are social gatherings for people to have a good time.

If that player was enjoying that character, it is going too far to kill them just for a bit of loot. In my mind killing another PC is really only a good idea if you're both involved in some sort of rivalry/ongoing feud and are both aware that it could come to killing. And even then doing it in his sleep is a cunt move.
>>
>>54332713
No it kinda does.
>>
>>54332681
that may be generally true, but that doesn't mean that certain actions aren't weighted higher, and murdering a comrade in their sleep would be enough to provoke an alignment shift in my opinion, unless you've been acting good enough to be cresting towards chaotic good, but even then it's pushing it
either way, taking a cool magic item from your friend is cunty as fuck, because now he needs to not only roll a new character but watch you use his cool magical item he found. i'd be pissed as well
>>
>>54325951
Except those other characters aren't just NPCs run by a computer who doesn't have any emotions, there's a player behind it that's also trying to enjoy the game and you've decided your enjoyment is worth much more then his and enforced a scenario that greatly fucks his fun over for yours.
>>
>>54332861
I think you are giving his character a bigger value just because he is a PC.

>>54332874
Alignment doesn't work this way.

>>54332909
The problem is that he wasn't my comrade. My character didn't even like him, so...
>>
>>54324404
Actions don't judge your alignment, your character does. And anyone whose moral character is okay with them casually killing a person who has shed blood with them is pretty much the definition of bastard.
>>
>>54332939
There are sort of evil and lots of evil actions. Doing sort of evil actions doesn't necessarily push you into Evil alignment, but a single lots of evil action can. It crosses the threshold value at once, basically.
>>
>>54332922
His character is pretty much like those NPCs. Mine too. They both exist in the same universe.

>>54332950
Did Arthas become true evil when he killed the mercenaries or when he sacrificed his friend for Frostmourne? If you pay attention on the game, you can clearly see the moment he shifted.

Of course that was a slowly stair (like the purge), not a huge leap like some people are implying.
>>
>>54332939
he fought with you, he's your comrade even if you don't like him for surely arbitrary reasons
not liking someone isn't good justification for killing them
also you should value characters more for being PCs in the sense that there is a real person behind that character, and you can't just ignore the fact that you're doing a huge dick move to someone else trying to have fun
>>
>>54332939
>I think you are giving his character a bigger value just because he is a PC.
Bigger than what? An NPC? Yes, I am, definitely. It can be difficult to find a character you really enjoy playing, not to mention the time it takes to make one.

Killing someone's character is a big deal, and even if it is what your character would do, you need to put it in the context of the tabletop. Does it stop his enjoyment of the game? Does it stop the plot from moving forward? Will it waste a shitload of time?

By all means fuck with other PCs, steal from them, do minor things so long as it doesn't waste too much time. But to just kill someone out of the blue because your character would do so is just selfish on your part, you need to consider other player's enjoyment (again, minor things are fine but killing a character is pretty much the worst/most annoying thing you can do). Put the game world in the context of the real world, or else you'll find people will not enjoy playing with you.
>>
>>54332975
Yes, like murdering a little girl.

But it's isn't so evil to murder a lawmaker, who probably killed plenty of other criminals such as me, in a cheap shot because he offered me the chance to do so, while getting a trinket and getting away with it.

It's evil, yes, but he wasn't really a civilian. No way that it's so heinous.

>>54332997
I don't see it like that. He fought with me because he had been ordered to. I'm here because I'm hired. It's pretty obvious that even through we are working together we weren't on the same tab.

Second, having the chance to escape with a trinket, get rid of a guy I don't like and still look like the savior of the day is a good reason.

And treating him excepticionally would be an unnatural preferentialism.
>>
>>54322652
If it was something to build up for something else, made IC sense and he was stylish enough about it? A bit, but I wouldn't hold a grudge.

If he just did it for shits and giggles or to get himself a trinket? Hell yeah.
>>
>>54332981
Not he's not and you're not, you're not run by a computer. You're both playing the game for fun, and having your character killed without any chance to do anything isn't most peoples definition of fun.

And I don't really give two shits about your fictional examples of a thing I don't care about and something that's actively garbage.

Your character backstabbed an ally who has shown he is willing to risk his life at your side just for personal power gain. That's so cartoonishly & capital E Evil that's used to cement traitor characters as antagonists who you shouldn't show any mercy from this point on.
>>
>>54333055
there's a huge gap between treating him exceptionally and murdering him in cold blood
you could just not be a cunt to him
was your friend planning on continuing this character with your group?
also, what item was so great that you had to kill him
>>
>>54333055
fuck you, only cunts team kill for loot and try to pass it off as anything more than a dickmove
>>
>>54333055
That is just the character's justification for his actions. The society at large would still deem him evil.
>>
>>54333066
I think you missed it. He didn't risk his life for me, he was risking his life for the quest. Well I'm risking my life for the quest too. He wasn't my ally, we just have a common interest.
>>
>>54333055
You know how it's a cliche when a lawman and criminal or any other two opposites are forced to work-together side by side and slowly grow to respect and like each other because despite their differences they're still people with common decency deep down?

Well what you did showed that you don't have that deep down, you're character was a open ass with a secret heart of even ass deep down.
>>
>>54333055
>>54333112
You know how it's a cliche when a lawman and criminal or any other two opposites are forced to work-together side by side and slowly grow to respect and like each other because despite their differences they're still people with common decency deep down?

Well what you did showed that you don't have that deep down, you're character was a open ass with a secret heart of even ass deep down.

Regular people tend to grow close to those they've relied on, and if you can then non-nonchalantly hurt them right after cooperating like that then you're not a regular person. Like, legit missing empathy and and tends to be the season finale villain on Criminal Minds.

Like, you don't see how it's That Guyish to play as a character whose going to heavily limit the options your fellows have?
>>
>>54333094
I meant treating him differently than a NPC.

It was a magical ring that increased all of his attributes in 1. Taking into account how expensive stat boosting is, that was a kill.
>>
>>54333099
>>54333109
>>54333125
>>54333156
>responding to bait

cmon now
>>
>>54333156
Yes, but that's a bad cliche desu. And it only works because they actually work together. He didn't even gave me a heal, so...
>>
>>54333187
Better a cliche that promotes working together then you deciding to break the mold in a way that greatly limits everyone elses ability to play character.
>>
>>54333233
How so? All the other characters are still in the table.
>>
>>54333258
Except the one you killed.
>>
>>54332376
Everyones telling you that you're being That Guy, but keep being stubborn. I can't wait to fast forward a few weeks to where you post because you're butthurt about something your friend did in retaliation.
>>
>>54333258
Having your character be okay with killing other characters just for the precieved potential of being a threat means they either have to constantly deal with character being murked, or limit themselves to people who are okay with back-stabbing criminals.

So if I wanna say, play a Paladin or anyone else who has the vague concept of Justice, I can't without being forced into conflict with you.

Well I can actually, easily. Just have my next character be a random Barbarian prown to violence and have him murder your guy in his sleep. Then after the rest of the party kills him then I make the good guy.
>>
>>54333267
So I only removed a character, I didn't limit others ability to play. And even he can make a new character.

>>54333270
I'm okay with it as long as it's in character.
>>
>>54333309
If you are a paladin, have you thought about taking precautions?

Also a barbarian for a sneak kill? I wish you were at the table. That would be fun.
>>
>>54333317
showing that you're a psycho whose willing to Player Kill for self-engineered reasons is limiting.
>>
>>54323243
>Hurr I'm chaotic neutral so I killed him while he slept.

Fuck me for taking the b8.
>>
>>54333341
If I was at the table I'd just tell the GM to stop being a pussy and kick you, if he's too much of a cuck to do so I get out from your cancerous group.
>>
>>54333348
Those aren't self through. They are all true and valid.

>>54333355
More like I'm chaotic neutral so I can take an evil chaotic choice once.
>>
>>54333371
>If I was at the table I'd just tell the GM to stop being a pussy and kick you
This. The GM is not running a world simulation but a group's adventure. If you are detrimental to the group you get kicked.
>>
Alright, this discussion seems to be stuck between "This is a social game and everyone should have fun" and "My character would have done that, doesn´t matter if it ruined someone elses fun". OP doesn´t seem to even consider changing his opinion so he is clearly just baiting at this point.

But I like the thread so I pick up on that initial question with my own story:

I play a fuckin stupid Goliath fighter who got insulted by a bard. He insulted the goliaths mother and even did some damage with it. As a result, I smacked him with my club one time and he dropped to 0HP. I stabilized him considering that my character is supposed to be friendly. After that the Player got pissed at me for doing that, saying that "It wasn´t meant to be serious" and that I overreacted. I’m pretty sure that I reacted according to my character and since there weren´t any long term consequences it was all just fun and games. Apparently he did not think so and told me off character that he is going to kill my Goliath next time he has the opportunity.
>>
>>54333371
You are more upset than him and you didn't even lose a character. Why not just take basic precautions before sleeping?
>>
>>54333409
Even if you killed his character with the club, well shit happens. Seeing how it was impulse too it wouldn't really justify an alignment change. The bard should have considered not baiting a Goliath.
>>
>>54333381
I'm going to assume you're fairly new to tabletop gaming. You will find over time that if you kill other players' characters and give them no chance to take actions against you (ie. not making it a fair fight) they will not enjoy playing with you. Especially if you don't foreshadow that you will be engaging in actions against other PCs.

Over time you will probably find other characters treating yours like shit, you will drive players away, or they will drive you away.

If in the future you find the GM making it difficult for you to fuck over other PCs, don't complain, you made your bed and you will have to sleep in it. The game is supposed to be fun for everyone.
>>
>>54333416
If I have to take precautions against another PC, maybe the other guys should stop playing assholes?

You're playing a game about a group going on long term campaigns with a character adverse to their survival, you're a shitty player.
>>
>>54333409
The bard is a bitch who talked shit and got hit. Especially since you made sure not to kill him
>>
>>54333409
He sounds like a prick. I laughed when you hit him and he fell unconscious. At my table everyone would have laughed and joked about not messing with the goliath's mom.

The bard was retarded for thinking nothing would happen to him. There really isn't much you can do except convince him out of character to stop being a prick, it was a joke.
>>
>>54333416
Because of the social contract around the table you shouldn't need to take precautions.
>>
>>54333461
Why would a rogue risk dying? That's very unrealistic.

>>54333466
Anon, taking care of yourself is like the basic you can expect. Even your friend in real life may be attempted to eat your sandwich if you leave it wily nilly.
>>
>>54333504
Social contract doesn't justify you being careless. Unless of course it isn't a serious campaign.
>>
Yeah, this thread pretty much shows damn well why I utterly detest PVP and pretty much refuse to play in games with it.

It breeds this sort of asshole, and I don't find that remotely fun.

I'm here to have fun with people, not worry about this sort of shit.
>>
>>54333542
A NPC can do the same thing to you, but you probably would be on guard about it.
>>
>>54333515
To make you not eat my sandwich, assuming you're not an ass which admittedly is a stretch at this point, all I have to do is mark the bag it's in.

To avoid being killed in my sleep I either have to restrain you every night, bring a fucking iron coffin that locks from the inside, or all of us sleep in separate locations. You wanna know what all those options have in common? They make dealing with threats that aren't your own fucking teammates significantly harder.

Why should the group accommodate an wannabe psycho like you? Why should the destructive minority be catered to and not be forced to fit into group norms?
>>
>>54333528
I don't have to be careful about other players's characters unless they are played by dicks.
>>
>>54333549
Go fuck yourself, you subhuman piece of shit.

NPCs =/= PCs. The PCs are the group I should be able to rely on to not fucking fuck me over.

I hope you get flung out of every group you ever join, and never get to play again.
>>
If the guy is just trying to sabotage the game and fuck people over for jollies, yeah, he's a dick IRL.
>>
>>54333549
If the GM doesn't give me a explicit reason to do so, no, I would not. The GM is not there to kill my character but to make my character thrive. I have no reason to distrust the GM, he took his free time to organize this gathering of people to play a game, why would he attack me in my sleep? That's retarded. It pushes people away.
>>
>>54333560
Yes, you take precautions.

Restrain someone is a bit harsh and the coffin is irrealistic. Instead of those, how about sleeping in a group? One or two keep watch, like this is the basic in prevent ambushes.

Second, make a simple noise trap. If something happens you will probably wake up.

Third, invest in perception. It's such a forgotten attribute, being able to hear well has it's advantages.

As you can see you can avoid that easily and still shield yourself against whatever your DM is throwing you. It will also make you better at dealing with sudden situations.
>>
>Like people with autism, people with Asperger's syndrome have a dreadful time understanding what is going on, socially. They do not always pay attention to the social scene in which they find themselves, and even when they do, they are often not able to make sense of what they see, or to respond appropriately.
Reminder this is anon. He has Asperger.
>But for a small – but not that small – subset of the population, things are very different. These people lack remorse and empathy and feel emotion only shallowly. In extreme cases, they might not care whether you live or die. These people are called psychopaths.
Reminder this is his character, which is probably an extension of himself.

These are some huge red flags and I don't see how the GM didn't kick you out that same day.
>>
>>54333586
Well yes he is there to kill your character, because your character makes other characters not thrive, ergo he needs to be killed.

Also literally retarded for thinking just because the GM offers to GM your game means the personas he plays in those games must be as nice as him.

Well actually you're a troll making shit up, but perhaps next time not say blithering retarded things?
>>
>>54333569
You should be careful against other player characters because like any person they can have motivations different from yours.

>>54333571
And you can rely on the group. What you can't however is think that you can rely on them in all situations. You need to be able to take care of yourself if needed.

>>54333586
He could because ambushes are a part of
game difficulty.
>>
>>54333631
>he thinks tabletop RPG is about 'us vs GM'
>>
>>54333622
Hey, no, fuck you. I've got the 'burgz, and I'm not a retard like he is.
>>
>>54333645
No GM does a TPK over an ambush.
>group of bandits slit all of your throats while you were sleeping :^)
^ This has never happened in any good game.
>>
>>54333645
I clearly fucking can't if a retarded shitstain like you stabs me the first time I go to sleep.

Again, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>54333646
Hey man, the world you're in isn't all sunshine and rainbows, why should you get to do shit without taking precautions?
>>
>>54333685
Again, you don't understand what the game about.

It's not a war against the GM and his world.
>>
>>54322652
My friends are pretty chill people, so if they did that I wouldn't take anything on them. During the game, if I was in the middle of roleplaying I might act shocked or frustrated, but I won't care about anything else other than maybe how to get out of the fucking,
>>
>>54333631
This is utter rubbish, and you know it. If the GM focused just on killing off the characters it would be trivial for him, but then he'd soon find himself without a group to play with.
>>
>>54333654
I'm a retard because I roleplay correct? Or because I don't abide by your standard of what a player should be allowed to do?

>>54333664
Not in this way, but you will be totally ambushed and even killed if you don't keep watch. And you can't even complain the GM is being a dick, that's like entirely your fault.

>>54333672
Well then don't fall sleep without thinking about it.
>>
>>54333483
That’s what I thought, too. But he has sort of a point. My character is supposed to be very friendly, he even managed to convince an attacker to drop his weapons and walk out of a fight by giving him one of his self-made socks (thank god for natural 20). So maybe he is right and I overreacted. I´m probably just confused because he talked about it for more than a week later...
>>
>>54323243
Murdering a party member, a potential ally, to steal a valuable of his is nothing short of evil.
>>
>>54333703
Even someone friendly has a breaking point.
>>
>>54333699
>Not in this way, but you will be totally ambushed and even killed if you don't keep watch.
No, not killed. When the party loses against bandits. The GM either does
a) steals money from them and walk away
b) steals money and some equipment
c) kidnap them / enslave them

What a good GM never does:
d) Kill the party because they lost a fight against bandits

Bandits aren't pyschopaths, they are in it for the money not for killing.
>>
>>54333645
Not inviting you back to the game table sounds like a reasonable precaution to me.
>>
>>54333723
this.
>>
>>54333723
You really think that outlaws can only act in a few ways?

I think your GM is too merciful. Doesn't change that don't preparing to ambushes is a fault on the player.
>>
>>54333750
Okay?
>>
>>54333768
its not my GM, its what any GM worth a shit does. You still don't understand this is a game, do you?
>>
>>54333864
I don't think all GMs need to act as you think they should. There is a difference between a killer GM and a tough GM.

This is a game, but just like videogames there are those who are less challenging and those who are more challenging. Your GM is making you play Mario when you could be playing Dark Souls.

Not saying DS is hard meme, just that DS is merciless to the player.
>>
>>54333778
Go neck yourself.
>>
>>54333929
No.
>>
>>54333910
Dude, it doesn't even logically make sense for bandits to kill their victims. Who are they gonna rob if they kill everyone? Why wouldn't the king send a military division against them if they were murdering people?

Bandits are only allowed to exist within the borders because they aren't worth the trouble or money to get rid of them. Ergo, bandits are meant to be low profile thugs. If they kill the attention they get will rapidly increase, which is something they do not want.

At this point you are just trying to be edgy for the sake of it.
>>
>>54333703
Tell that retard of a bard that talking shit about someone's mother is a good reason to get slapped regardless of how nice that person is
>>
>>54333953
A bandit killing a very vengeful and pissed off paladin isn't like killing a random peasant. He knows that you are probably sent to kill him or that you will hunt them later to get your stuff back.
>>
>>54333910
You got a point there, if the Players are stupid or careless they should be punished for doing so. Of course, it always depends on the form of campaign the DM runs. But generally speaking, in a fairly realistic setting, you should be punished for being careless. That CAN result in a players death but should RARELY occour and only if they are very stupid.
>>
>>54333984
maybe a chain of events that started by not guarding the camp. But simply because they forgot to tell someone to keep watch is a bit to hard. Then again, depends on the setting.
>>
>>54333984
Yes, agreed. I just disagree with the very stupid. Common stupidity is one of the causes of death even in real life, like talking on the cellphone while driving.
>>
>>54333983
A bandit knows better about the land than that. First on all, in this situation the bandit ambushed the group. So they are attacking the paladin not defending against him. Secondly, they know paladins travel around, seeing a stranger won't immediately make them think they are here to get them. Thirdly, if it was that easy that a Paladin could just ask around and find out their hideout, then there would be no bandits long before the paladin ever showed up.

Again, logically, the bandit would never kill the mouth that feeds him.

Don't paladins also have an order behind them? Killing one would be absolutely retarded as it would warn everyone about where the bandits are, and a division of paladins marching towards them is guaranteed death.
>>
>>54322652
It's important to separate shut that happens in character and out of character.

If they did it intentionally to annoy me, as opposed to the character. Than being pissed makes sense.

Generally GMs should do their best to limit PvP, if they don't think their player group is mature enough to separate themselves from their characters.
>>
>>54334022
I see your point there, but I still think its a bit to harsh. Maybe speak with your DM and the other players to make the campaign harder. Usually DMs are more forgiving so that the players have more fun. If it is more fun for you to have a more realistic setting, you should talk to the others and change the campaing because your group (well you) seem to have different opinions how realistic the campaing should be.
>>
>>54334041
That's pretty stupid. Bandits have scouts, they can see the party camping in their territory. A paladin near their stronghold is a huge red flag and it's easy to know which territory are occupied by bandits ie forests and such.

He kills if he feels it ensures his survivality. And yes, they would probably scram after the deed. Doesn't change that just stealing the paladin loot would be pretty stupid.
>>
>>54334074
Yes, the campaign is brutal. But I'm already used to it.
>>
>>54334095
Thats probably why you think that way. "Normal" campaigns are usually more forgiving and let the players have more "wiggle room". Doesn´t mean that ether form is worse than the other, just means that everyone should be aware and ok with the way the campaign is set up.
>>
>>54334089
>Bandits have scouts
Which is exactly why they know the paladin is not here to get them

>He kills if he feels it ensures his survivality
Except bandits are like rats, unless cornered, he does not feel his life is in danger. You know what ensures his survivability in that case scenario? Running the fuck away.

>A paladin near their stronghold is a huge red flag and it's easy to know which territory are occupied by bandits ie forests and such.
You do have a point there. I don't know how they would behave like that. But I know for sure that killing them would make the locals know where the stronghold is, so its detrimental nevertheless.

Not everyone is a psychopath, and it takes 1 bandit in the group to think killing is wrong to stop another bloodthirsty bandit from committing unnecessary murder.
>>
>>54334089
>That's pretty stupid. Bandits have scouts
Depends on how organized they are.

Unless they're extra desperate though, they're just not going to confront any heavily armed parties unless they really think they can win/it's worth the risk.
>>
>>54333910
I think being left alone in the woods without any food, equipment or weapons is merciless enough.
>>
>>54334184
Not if you have a single point in survival.

It's actually pretty easy to get yourself up as long as you don't have epic gear.
>>
>>54324404
>Murder is just a thing, man

You can't get more Chaotic Evil than murdering your confidants.
>>
>>54325024
Murder is still evil, anon.

Just accept your destiny As "That Guy"
>>
>>54335106
Murder is evil, but a single evil doesn't make an evil character.
>>
>>54335133
Depends on the act.

>Most days I'm just a regular baker who pays my taxes and raises four beautiful children! Of course one day I brutally raped and murdered one of them, but it was just a single act, after that I went back to being good, so I'm still neutral in the grand scheme of things!
>>
>>54335133
Simple murder is one thing, but planned backstabbing murder of someone who was putting their lives at risk to make sure both of you would make it out of a dungeon alive, because the only thing you care about is the magic whatever he got from it, is more than just "a bit of evil".

As far as we know, there's no premeditated hatred or rivalry before the two, no intention or attempt to negotiate for the magical item. The other party member was an ally to whatever degree, and probably held nothing against the murderer. The only thing he did to make OP decide to end his life was because of a dumb piece of material.

There was no quarreling about it that we know of, and OP plans and kills his companion in his sleep, while covering the entire ordeal up to save face. That's pure, unadulterated, first-degree murder with not a sliver of emotion or remorse on the accused's part.
>>
>>54335208
I dunno, I would think baking isn't good aligned, its just neutral.
Paying taxes is lawful.
raising his children is good and lawful.
Raping is evil, raping one of his children is evil, murdering his own children is evil. That's 3 evils right there.

3 - 2 = 1, he still evil though. Unless we divide rising his 3 living children as good separately
>>
>>54335292
Okay, what if he just murders one of the children.
>>
>>54335306
I counted wrong, murder is evil, kinslaying is even eviler. So it was 4-2

If he murders one children, then he is neutral.
>>
>>54335277
You should see this: >>54333055

And really, it wasn't that much of a cheap shot. He had plenty of things he could do to avoid it. Here is how it went, ignoring all the other precautions I already said here: >>54333615

1) I tell DM I want to get near him quietly. He tells me to roll Sneak. I pass.

2) Lawmaker tells DM he wants to wake up. DM tells him to roll Perception, which he was inept. He fails.

3)I tell DM I want to backstab him. He asks for an attack roll versus Law AC (he was sleeping without armor to avoid fatigue penalty). I pass.

4) DM tells me I landed my poison dagger. He asks for a damage roll. Law was very low on HP, but refused to drink a potion because he knew we were going to get healed for free when we returned. So I roll high enough to disable him.

5) DM tells him to roll Constitution to keep conscience. He passes.

6) I remind DM of my poison. He rolls Constitution again. Fail, he gets poisoned.

7) He attempts to run away. He moves as far as possible from my character but doesn't drink his health potion.

8) I throw a poisoned knife. I roll against his AC and I hit. He is out again.

9) DM increase DC and tells him to roll again to see if he keeps conscience. He fails.

10) I move to him and finish him off.
>>
>>54335277
He wasn't risking his life for me, as I said here: >>54333112
>>54333187
>>
>>54323243
Sounds like you have a new GM who got caught up in the moment and let you go about the act. The GM should have arbitrated the situation, in-character and out-of-character in a way that would keep everyone happy. An experienced GM would have seen the results of situations like this before and would have ruled in ways to mitigate it. Generally the easiest way is to make sure all of the players are on the same page at the beginning of the game as to what the game will entail, do's and don'ts included.

I won't instantly condemn you, as I've certainly played with players before who get wildly more emotional over the game than they should. However, in that same game there was always another player, who was quite a good roleplayer, but who also secretly enjoyed pressing the emotional player's buttons and see if he could get him to react, all while playing within the alibi of "just roleplaying".

I've seen this sort of thing with three totally different groups of players, so I suspect it is not that uncommon.

So, best to just ask yourself then, were you playing with your friend, or were you playing your friend?
>>
>>54335404
>you will never be this much of an evil prick
Feels good
>>
>>54322652
> He was adequately in character
No
> He was being a dick for the sake of being a dick
I'll have a word with him stating it wasn't pleseant.
I can't see myself getting pissed over it unless he somehow bent himself backwards to be as insufferable an asshole as possible.
>>
>>54333615
At this point ingame and out of the game I would literally kick you from the group there and then, as a player and as a DM

you sound like an absolute autistic fucking douchebag and you deserve every bad thing that'll happen to you and your characters

>tfw fell for the neutral meme bait
>>
>>54335946
I'm a douchebag for suggesting several realistic procedures you can take when sleeping on unsafe territory?
>>
>>54335973
If you want to be a realism autist just go outside
>>
>>54333615
This sounds like the type of autist that comes from /v/. Doing everything the games never let him do.

How do we stop this in/v/asion of shit players, /tg/?
>>
>>54336050
If you don't want to take care of your character you may as well kill it.

>>54336085
What did I suggest that wasn't correct?
>>
>>54322652
That depends; In this hypothetical situation have I at some point between now and then sustained brain damage that made me literally retarded?
>>
>>54336085
Hurling them bodily out of the house when they try to ruin a game like this fuckface.

>>54335973
Unsafe territory shouldn't fucking include the party, you subhuman sack of shit.

Hammer this thought into your fucking skull, before one of the other players decides to do it literally.
>>
>>54338099
The party is irrelevant. If you aren't sleeping in an inn (and even there you should at least lock your door) you should watch your back.
>>
>>54338186
S u b h u m a n
u
b
h
u
m
a
n
>>
File: 1490832340610.jpg (19KB, 325x340px) Image search: [Google]
1490832340610.jpg
19KB, 325x340px
>>54338186
>(and even there you should at least lock your door)
I'm so glad I don't know anyone in real life like oyu
>>
>>54336612

If this isn't bait I hope your friend stops hanging out with you because you might legitimately be a sociopath.
>>
>>54338235
Is there any problem in the advice that you shouldn't sleep on an inn with an unlocked door?

I'm kinda wondering what kind of RPGs you guys have been playing.
>>
>>54338258
I'm a sociopath for saying that if you aren't going to bother to ensure that your character stay alive you may as well kill it?

That's pretty obvious if you haven't noticed it.
>>
>>54338300

Yes, because normal people don't kill their party members. Normal people remember that it's a group activity. If a sane person was playing a rogue who wanted to steal an item (something acceptably in character) they would find a less selfish and destructive way to do it. If they do something selfish and shitty, they might initially defend their actions, but after a bit of self reflection any mature adult would owe up to it. They'd admit that there was a better course of action.

Only children and adults who are still effectively children continue to defend their actions long after the fact. If this isn't bait, you really need to work on your social skills.
>>
>>54338463
What would be a better, more profitable course of action than what I did?

Completely disregard the fact he was a PC however. They are as much people in the story as the NPCs.
>>
>>54338602
>Completely disregard the fact he was a PC however.

Once again, go fuck yourself. "If you disregard the most important fact, it's not a problem!!!"
>>
>>54338602
>They are as much people in the story as the NPCs.
They literally aren't. The PCs are meant to be heroes, like Hercules, Achilles, Beowulf.
>>
>>54338646
Because this fact doesn't exist ingame. It's worthless to the narrative and frankly hurts the roleplaying.

>>54338664
And heroes die. NPC heroes die too. They both don't have special perks besides being tougher than the common characters.
>>
>>54338729
They die as heroes, not murdered by a shitslinger rogue
>>
>>54338746
Hmm. Achilles was killed with an arrow to the heel by a coward. That's really not far fetched.
>>
>>54338791
After he took down Hector and won the war. He wasn't backstabbed by one of his own greek allies.

It's okay to die if a goblin throws a arrow at you, not okay to die if a shitty fucking player murders you in your sleep.
>>
>>54338841
See? The problem is that you are seeing it as a player killing you.

Why it wouldn't be okay for Pally the Lawbringer be killed by Thief the Jerk in a dungeon?

Even through, really, history is written by those who survived. Pally the Lawbringer will go as the one who gave his life for the quest to save the kingdom.
>>
>>54335431
Fighting alongside each other is already risking someone's life.

>>54335404
That's literally fucking evil. Instead of fighting, he runs away from you, and you still murder him. His fault for not drinking a potion, but doesn't make you any fucking better
>>
>>54338942
Not for you however. If you are fighting some orcs and then daemons invade, that doesn't make you friend with those orcs.

It's evil to murder, right, but I don't see why it's more evil to throw a knife at someone who is clearly able to fight. Especially since he would flee until he remembered he could heal.
>>
>>54338729
No, the fact is fucking important because you are sitting around the fucking table with the person PLAYING THAT PC. THAT IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT YOU BRAIN DAMAGED SHITSTAIN.

Jesus christ, I pray to whatever god that might be listing you are just baiting, because if not, that does not bode well for you at all.
>>
>>54338235
>mfw I do lock my door, b/c my roomate is a murder hobo and was in my room one night rummaging around
>>
Yeah, this fuckstick is either a troll or literally subhuman, and no one else should waste their time on him regardless.
>>
>>54333055
>stabbing someone in the back in cold blooded murder isn't evil
>betraying your allies isn't evil

But it is, you retard. Get smote
>>
>>54338994
Did you at least let the player know in advance that you'd probably try to murder him in his sleep to steal his stuff instead of any other peaceful method? Some people aren't interested in having to deal with muderhobos sometimes. If he knew the kinda mood the party could be into, then it's just frustrating for him. If it's out of the blue it's a bit of a dick move.

For instance, last campaign we had a psycopath of a character in the party that would go out of his way to get drunk and do some kind of dickish thing (Wasn't D&D & co so no alignments). Everybody knew that his character was a bit of a cunt, so when we faced the BBEG and he decided to join forces with him, we weren't even that surprised. Especially when the fight went sour for his side, and he bluffed his way out of certain death, saying he was mind controlled by the evil forest spirit.
>>
>>54339022
And...?

No offense, but at the table I would even be offended if you didn't treat my character in story.

Like while he was alive I took extra care in stealing. Because I knew he could cut me down if he saw me breaking the law. That generates extra challenge for me, but it's good to the story because it doesn't make him look impotent.
>>
>>54339089
Shit player like the DMs girlfriend who friendly fires the team with a fireball.
>>
File: 1489783771509.png (36KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489783771509.png
36KB, 778x512px
>>54339119
>And...?
>>
>>54339087
I didn't say that murder wasn't evil, I said that it wasn't more evil to hit someone in fighting condition. Also I didn't consider he an ally.
>>
>>54339142
But he trusted you and you stabbed him in the back. That is evil, a murderer isn't neutral.

Neutral would be finishing off a downed enemy, and even that can be evil.
>>
>>54339089
Murderhoboing is killing when it's not necessary to the plot. Seeing how I avoid killing because it usually brings a lot of trouble, that's really don't stick to me.

You should go back to sociopath.
>>
>>54339139
Yes. It's already been defined I don't give PCs priviliege.
>>
>>54339165
>>54339130
You should probably just give up on your group if it's so toxic. I don't think I'd be playing after any of the things you've said and done
>>
>>54339165
No, you were being a "dickass rouge"

In a game outside Paranoia, this is auto THAT GUY material. Unless it is specifically a party intrigue game
>>
>>54339119
Yeah, >>54339072 is right.

Go fuck yourself. I don't give two shits what garbage like you thinks. The sooner everyone ignores you, the better, and I hope you get banned from any game you ever try to play again.
>>
>>54339164
Trusted me? Just working together with someone doesn't imply a link of trust.
>>
>>54339182
Oh I did, this was a one off I agreed to play.

DM made the boss immune to weapons, so half the party had to sit there and suck a dick.

I was a wizard, and I was about to TK her cause she kept friendly firing people and laughing.
>>
>>54339202
It literally does, if you weren't Chaotic Evil you'd know that.
>>
>>54339182
Some people like games where there isn't cuddling.

>>54339189
Yes, it was a dickass move. But some people can be dickasses.

>>54339194
Okay.
>>
>>54339237
>Playing with dickasses

Y though? Really this is the DM's fault
>>
>>54339225
Not really. Do you trust everyone of your coworkers?

I find it unlikely, but if you do then I'm sorry but that's pretty naive.
>>
>>54339257
To not literally murder me?

Are you being serious?
>>
>>54339256
Because it pushes yourself to the limit. Like being ready for ambushes, survive with just the essential and use every last NPC to help you in your quest.
>>
>>54339265
I don't have to say the differences between coworkers in a office and a criminal with a paladin in a medieval setting. The point remains that it's naive to trust someone just because you are working together.
>>
>>54339298
So he should have used smite evil on you immediately, re-roll your character?

It's supposed to be a fun team game, dickass.
>>
>>54339320
If he caught me breaking the law, sure. And it would be my fault if he caught me in such a situation.
>>
>>54326160
>in a way that was very chaotic.
But you didn't, you were evil and you're setting the bar of "not lowering your guard around strangers" to justify your act. If no one said anything about PvP or TPK is because no one thought it would be in the game, is a silent agreement. You were That guy and that's it.
>>
>>54339367
Just report and ignore, man.

This is either a troll or not worth it, because clearly it'll never sink through the fucker's stupid fat skull.
>>
>>54339367
A decision can be chaotic and evil together.

Yes, I did justify it like that. Which is pretty accurate, when you ignore the player bias.

>>54339404
And which /tg/ rule have I broken?
>>
>>54339443
Man, I'm not sure of how to explain but the problem with justifying it like that is that you're acting as the "muh realism" asshole. If the group weren't going for full grimdark 100% realistic, then yes, it is a problem because you did something that the other player didn't think he would have to worry about. And it is not his fault for not worrying about it, because in a healthy table players and gm usually say those things during session 0. "ok, it's a harsh scenario, tpk is to be expected, no given trust, etc etc." If none of those things were ever mentioned, then probably everyone thought that "ok, we're in a party, we're friends, let's kill goblins" that's how people usually work.
>>
>>54323243
>since I'm chaotic neutral
Kill yourself
>>
>>54339443
I'm not even trying to shame you or something, I was That guy quite a few times myself. I just suggest that next time you consider doing something that can potentially ruin the game for another player, ask them beforehand, seriously, it prevents a lot trouble and keeps the game running. And shit, this thread gave me a craving to play an evil character on a good party.
>>
>>54339588
Yes, it is a realistic quest. The setting is medieval fantasy but consequences are immediate. It's not grimdark however, unless you consider real life grimdark.

GM actually warned that he didn't filter player actions nor coddle players. He never did. Plus it's clear that even through the party is working together we aren't friends: each party member has their own ambitions and reasons for doing so. We are just working together to fulfill the goals of the campaign.

Actually two of them are friends, but that's because in the story they started as friends.
>>
>>54339668
Real life is quite grimdark.
Is the dude you murdered an experienced player? Did the rest of the group get mad or very reticent? I've the impression you guys weren't on the same page. Or, if he really should've expect that from your character then well, he was naive and you profited on it, which is not a very good thing to do basically because players unavoidably get somewhat attached to their characters and anyone saying otherwise is lying. You could've pulled something else just to avoid bad blood, which is something important when playing with people.
>>
>>54339796
Yeah, and funny all this is coming out now.

Almost like he's a lying fuckward.
>>
>>54339648
>evil character
You can play like me then:
1) Help characters which you enjoy the presence, which touch you or that are nice to you.
2) Seek to improve yourself and your chances of survival in your very dangerous quest.
3) Don't be afraid to screw characters you don't enjoy the presence, which you don't care about or that are a jerk to you. But do so in a way you aren't shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>54339796
Yes, he did play before. The rest of the group didn't care.

Keep in mind the DM didn't say that PVP was enforced. He said that he didn't interfere on inter player conflict.
>>
>>54323243
I know this is bad bait but I'll bite, I've got nothing better to do.

>I did X because I'm chaotic
Alignment doesn't dictate how you act. It's a reflection of your values (or which cosmic entities have dibs on your soul, depending on the system). You steal because you're greedy, not because you're chaotic.

>neutral
I'm fairly sure murdering a guy to steal his stuff is an evil act, anon. If you just robbed him that could have been neutral.

Finally, I really hope your GM made it clear that you guys were in a PvP game. Because otherwise your buddy is right to be fucking pissed. It sucks to go in expecting a traditional game with party cohesion, and then get betrayed later on.

Otherwise you're fine.

>>54324563
This guy gets it.

>>54332467
Is "group fun can't be more important than my fun otherwise DICTATORSHIP" the hot new meme?
>>
>>54339818
I've quite some experience playing and gming, got quite a few characters in the drawer too, problem is finding a group where I live with players that could make being an evil character in the good party something interesting. If they're not good players, you'll just be the wolf among the lambs and nothing will happen.
Your tips are quite on point, though. Playing the hand pulling strings seems fun as hell.
>>
>>54339857
You can steal in a lawful way, like a greedy tax collector. Don't caring about the law when acting is chaotic.

Yes, but an evil act doesn't make an alignment change. My point was that I didn't have the alignment to hold me.

The game isn't PVP, it's anything goes. Work together, great. But if you doesn't I'm not going to stop it.
>>
>>54339857
>Otherwise you're fine.
Read the rest of the thread, this shit for brains is literally socially retarded.

Fucker ain't even close to fine.
>>
>>54339919
I would have to agree with this guy. The chaotic stupid is a nutjob
>>
>>54339919
He is probably having that hard time when you realise your actions did something bad that you didn't expect and being in the post that guying state usually lessen the communication and logic skills on people. I think everything will be fine.
>>
>>54339884
Pulling strings is actually lawful. Mine is keeping myself alive while protecting those I actually like.
>>
>>54339975
Delicous lawful evil, my fren.
>>
>>54339907
I'm talking about your character specifically. Alignment is not your motivation. Want, desire, that is a possible motivation.

If you're a regular guy/small time thief and suddenly you murder a guy for a magic item I'm absolutely calling you evil. It doesn't matter if you do it once. If you didn't need to do it, but you did it, and you don't feel bad about it, it says something about your personality and values.
You will kill if you can get away with it. That is evil in my book. (And in my setting at least, the gods of evil are absolutely going to claim your soul unless you repent.)
Sure, giving loads of money to an orphanage will not make you good, but that's because good is difficult and evil is easy.

PvP, anything goes, same thing. If the GM made it clear with the rest of the group that PC murder was on the table then hey, it's all okay IMO.

>>54339919
If he's playing an explicitly "anything can and will happen, no limits, inter-party murder is possible" style game, why blame him for his actions? Do you get angry at your friends when your PC gets shot in the back, restrained, thrown into the blades of an industrial rotary fan, and finally blamed for the incident in Paranoia?
>>
>>54340257
Because I don't actually believe he's playing that shit at all. Because if he had, he would have said it waaay before, rather then just danging bits more and more as it went, as well as not showing even the most basic of social awareness despite like 20 people telling him he's a fuckstick.

He's a lying sack of shit, terminally retarded or a troll.
>>
>>54342126
Anon you sound upset.
>>
>>54342235
He has a right to be, that kid is that guy. I agree with him once more, just didn't feel to post because I want this thread to die so we can all forget that piece of shit of a human being ever posted here.
>>
>>54342274
>I want this thread to die
>bumps the thread
>>
File: 1480702909930.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1480702909930.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>54342274
>>
>>54342274
Sage in the option field means the thread doesn't bump.

The moar you know.
>>
>>54342326
>falling for OP bumping his thread
>>
>>54322652
If it's OOC fucking with then it's OOC pissed with. Seems pretty simple really. I think it's generally pretty obvious when they are doing something legitimate that just worked out poorly and when it's some kind of passive aggressive hit job on you.
>>
>>54324404
Yes it fucking does, dude. Evil people like killing, and will accept it as the most useful course of action most of the time. Non-evil people generally don't like harming innocents or, I don't know, their fucking allies. Even if the characters weren't friends, they were still comrades-in-arms and adventurers together. It's evil to murder someone you know like that.
>>
>>54323243
>"My character is CN"
>Pure CE
>>
File: smirk.png (106KB, 292x372px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.png
106KB, 292x372px
>>54323243
>Chaotic Neutral
>Kills a player in their sleep
>>
>>54344202
>like killing
>only kill once
>don't harm an innocent
>comrades-in-arms even through not true
Nice try.

>>54347008
Would you rather I awakened him before killing him?
>wake up it's time to die
>>
>>54324687
>Maybe you shouldn't sleep near untrustworth people?
How would any party get anything done ever?
>>
>>54349421
Besides the previous suggestions, a much simpler solution:
>hey LG, you take first watch and I keep second
>no thief, don't worry we got this
>>
>>54323243
>hurr durr, I kill my teammate and take his stuff
You're That Guy for all the reasons that the previous anons said and I hope that you get the boot.
>>
>>54349454
>teammate
Just being a PC doesn't make a teammate. Also if I was going to get the boot that would have happened at that session.
>>
>>54349448
>We got each other's backs
>although we don't trust each other because they are probably going to lie, cheat,steal or kill us in our sleep
>we still adventure together
For someone advocating doing what your character would do this is awfully conflicting.

I can't wait to catch the thread in which you bitch about getting booted from the group
>>
>>54349483
>Just being a PC doesn't make a teammate.
That's where you're wrong.

You should play Paranoia or MAID RPG if you think that PvP should be allowed at the table, because in those systems player killing player is something that's accounted for.
>>
>>54349502
>people with opposing interests never worked together before
It's not really conflicting.

And I wouldn't wait standing.
>>
>>54349525
Not really. Being a PC doesn't automatically make you a teammate. You need to have a link that isn't meta to do so.

Also if DM thinks the system isn't good he is the one who should change it.
>>
Trolll'n troll'n troll'n, watch that retard troll'n....

Seriously, guys. Just ignore the fuckface. He's clearly trolling, a retard, or both. His bitchass has been proven objectively wrong time and time again, and he can't stop whining and sperging.
>>
>>54349569
>>54349584
Cunt
>>
>>54349613
>keep talking calmly with everyone who replies, never reply insults but don't agree with their views
>sperging and whining

>keep insulting a random guy while shouting troll and telling others to ignore him, not providing any argument, not following what he preaches, plus report while there is no rule broken
>totally normal and reasonable person
>>
File: 1494745069067.png (19KB, 100x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494745069067.png
19KB, 100x235px
>>54322757
Really?
>>
File: 1445972351470.jpg (117KB, 278x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445972351470.jpg
117KB, 278x600px
>>54322652
One of our friends just does it whenever he's found the opportunity to inflict the greatest impact. We've gotten to the point where we just see it as a force of nature: something to accept, prepare for and plan around.

As the forever DM, I'm usually happy to accommodate it; it's usually pretty funny and often gives us stories to talk about later
>>
>>54349584
You're fucking retarded, you should link this to your DM so he can see that no one would blame him for kicking a problem player like you out. Cunt
>>
>>54351086
What makes you think that controlling a PC already makes you a team mate?
>>
>Anon does something stupid
>People tell him that he did something stupid
>He keeps finding excuses to try to justify himself because he can't fanthom the possibility of owing up to his retardation.

Go fuck yourself you autistic piece of shit.

I hope your group boots you, you're a terrible RPG player and the kind of person that sucks out the fun of everything. You put "being right" above the fun of everyone else.

God fucking dammit I hate people like you.
>>
>>54354770
>anon keeps saying it's a bait thread, but can't stop posting
>bumps while doing so
>>
>Sure I killed this guy in his sleep because of a shiny thing
>I'm not evil though; I just commit multiple horrible crimes for the most selfish of reasons now and again.

I want to think this is bait but I've also played with characters who think this exact same way.
>>
>>54354832
I didnt say it's a bait thread, I think the guy genuinely don't think he did anything wrong.

I wouldn't be nearly as mad if he was baiting.
>>
>>54354869
>multiple
It was only once.

>horrible crime
Yes, killing a battle hardened paladin is the same as murdering a civilian.
>>
>>54322652
Never. It's a game, duh.
>>
>>54354890
Yes, I'm sure using insults will start working.
>>
>>54324404
You're a fucking faggot. that's as chaotic evil as it gets. If your guy wants to call himself "neutral" by all means go ahead. But I as your DM would shift your alignment regardless. Not that alignment matters in the first place but still. Dick fucking move. The DM should open a bunch of opportunities for the other characters to find out the truth
>>
>>54322757
Serves him right.
>>
>>54354921
Why would you shift to evil a thief killing a lawmaker in his sleep got a thinket?
>>
>>54354975
Killing someone like that is blatantly evil. Even killing a bad person with the wrong intentions/no information would be evil.
Not to mention this guy is """chaotic neutral""" so he's probably a fag that steals shit from his own party anyways.
>>
File: Campaign Evolution.jpg (133KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Campaign Evolution.jpg
133KB, 707x1000px
>>54322652
So long as their fuckery made sense within and helped to enhance the story all is well.
>>
>>54355042
So you would drop an assassin to evil if he ever killed a sleeping enemy?
>>
>>54355092
No.
But the sleeping enemy would have to be blatantly hostile.

Assassinating shit like bugbears, goblins, necromancers and stuff is obviously not evil.

However, for example, assassinating a shopkeeper that JUST SO HAPPENS to be a murderous scumbag would still be evil if the assassin had no idea about this and only killed them to try and jack their shit.
>>
>>54355165
>>54355092
Intentions are pretty important towards alignment desu. A super evil party is still capable of saving the world and helping countless lives. But they definitely still could be evil even by doing "good" in the world if it's still for their own selfish ambitions and to feed their own power for their future shenanigans
>>
>>54355165
>>54355182
It would be undoubtable evil, yes, but I asked if you would instantly drop his alignment at the moment.
>>
>>54355245
I'd say killing a PC you're traveling with, then lying about it to the rest, and stealing his shit?
fuck yes it would
>>
>>54322652
if you get fucked on the table you get fucked in real life

also its totally not gay
>>
>>54355245
the killer had multiple instances to repent and didn't. It wasn't just one action. If you read the thread, the wounded comrade woke up while he was being killed by the psychopath, and he tried to run away but failed because he was too weak. Then the pyscho slit his throat and didn't even bury him, just left him there. Then he proceeded to loot him like if he was nothing more than trash, and then proceeded to lie to everyone while feeling no remorse about it.

You can't tell me with a straight face he murdered him without an evil face plastered on his face while doing it. It was premeditated, planned, cold, and ruthless. Not to mention assholish as fuck.
>>
>>54355284
>PC
Irrelevant.

>travelling, lying and stealing
That's evil, yes. But again it was a character that wasn't innocent.

>>54355345
Yes, it was planned murder. But it wasn't the murder of a comrade. Evil, but not really the murder of like a peasant or a little girl.
>>
>>54355466
You're a massive dumbass if you think your character is still neutral.
You're not deep. You're not "misunderstood". You're a sadistic scumbag.

Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>54355488
It's still neutral until DM drops it to evil.

But yes, as I said before it's silly to imply that a single act would result in an alignment drop. One that was bad but not as bad as ritual sacrifice or mass murder.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.