[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 46

File: Biomantic Mastery_C15.jpg (271KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Biomantic Mastery_C15.jpg
271KB, 672x936px
"Politics are for Losers" Edition

Last Thread: >>54293500

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's a strat or a theme you won't play, whether it be ethics or disinterest?
>>
>>54301188
Fuck Monowhite equipment decks.
>>
>>54301224
why
>>
>>54301188
I tend to avoid voltron. I usually play longer games with friends that involve tons of answers and boardwipes, so a voltron strat will just end up taking one player out, then running out of gas and losing most of the time.
>>
>>54301224
Just akroma's vengeance bro.
>>
File: Image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117KB, 223x311px
>What's a strat or a theme you won't play, whether it be ethics or disinterest?

Probably MLD. I'm among the more experienced players in a new shop that's opened up with a bunch of kids and casuals, so I have to keep an eye out fro hat starts will or won't scare off potential customers.
>>
>>54301293
keep an eye out for strats that will or won't*

>holy hell, I'm bad at typing
>>
>>54301188
I have a hard time playing straight voltron or a deck that only wins through a single combo as its focus. I can stomach just about anything else but those. They're just so samey and I already have an issue with losing interest in decks quickly. I also don't care for goodstuff all that much because they're pretty much made just to win, but they don't really ever do it in an interesting fashion.

On the flip side, I love artifact-based combo decks, enchantments pillowfort/control, and toolbox decks that use a lot of equipment and cool, but situational instants (think either Toshiro Umezawa or Eight-and-a-half Tails). Stax and Storm have caught my interest lately, but I don't think I'd be capable of staying invested in a game if I take too long to win, but I'm already clearly going to.
Stax appeals to me with all of its symmetrical effects and hard control, but my friends like to do big, flashy things and I like to see them having fun too. When it comes to Storm, I'm just not too familiar with it. I'd probably fuck it up and end up taking a 20 minute turn resulting in nothing. It's also another one of those "playing with yourself" archetypes.
>>
>>54301188
>Thread Question
Lifegain and Elf tribal seems pretty boring most of the times. Alternatively, I'd like to see some of those that has an interesting twist.
>>
>>54301293
I was going to make fun of you, but if I were in your position I'd probably avoid MLD too.
>>
>>54301293

This is reasonable but I will say that as a new player, I was more bummed out infinite combos than anything else

I actually thought that Armageddon was very exciting and fun at first.

Now I don't mind infinite combos, what I dislike is tutors
>>
>>54301293
Monored land punishment can be a good change of pace once in a while.
>>
>>54301188
Hardcore "I am going for this particular infinite" decks bore me. Well, that's not strictly true, they're fun to play once or twice, but their decision tree is quickly solved since most of the deck is just getting you to your combo state, and I end up benching and ultimately disassembling them in favor of decks that give me a more varied experience by interacting with the table and opening themselves up to interaction. I know people love to bitch about MLD and Stax, especially about their players getting butthurt when they get btfo by a spanner in the works (Path the Avacyn or whatever) but I'm the kind of player who will laugh at my own misfortune... I actually like it if my deck blows up in my face now and again or if pushed the exact wrong way at the exact wrong time, it's more entertaining than doing the same exact thing over and over again.
>>
>>54301341

>lifegain with an interesting twist

Maybe Karlov? You're not really gaining life just because, you're doing it to exile shit
>>
>>54301417
you know, to be clear I don't mind it when people go infinite, or even if I accidentally infinite myself. It's when it becomes quick, reliable, protected, and ceases to explore the fact that I have 60+ unique nonlands that it gets old real quick.
>>
>>54301188
Azorius GroupHate. I mean, I get it, you just build a small army and then Adjudicate the competition into uselessness, but... come on! Half the time players want to keep a game running smoothly so they can play 4 or 5 times a night, and prolonging a game like that just ruins it for everyone.
>>
>>54301445
>>54301417

Yeah I feel you. I took mind over matter out of my azami deck because playing it was just draw until I find it. I'm still a combo deck and I still go infinite whenever I win but now i have to piece together something a little more modular and complicated, like one time I did Archaeomancer + snap + high tide + extraplanar lens for infinite draw

I'm thinking about cutting paradox engine for doing kind of the same thing of making my other combos obsolete
>>
File: Sodomy.jpg (24KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sodomy.jpg
24KB, 900x900px

Elves. Because [s]cult[/s] fandom.
>>
You know normally I would be upset at myself for fucking up but in this case its just representing what im talking about with greater honestly.
>>
>>54301499
Yeah, I was fortuneate enough to pull a Paradox engine and it's been tough finding an a home where it's good but doesn't immediately become the secret commander. Dralnu Storm is fairly promising though since while the Engine really kicks the deck into an insane combo turn, it can still fizzle itself if I'm not careful (or hideously unlucky)
>>
>>54301348
Yeah, the store owner is thinking about banning infinite combos in our little weekly tournaments cuz of all the bad feels. He says he's fine with it in casual, but when his paycheck is on the line, he has the pander. It's really a bummer.
>>
>>54301293
>He doesn't play a Kazuul Punisher deck
lmaoing@ your life
>>
File: Life Is Pain.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Life Is Pain.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54301657
>but when his paycheck is on the line, he has the pander. It's really a bummer.
>>
>>54301684
Great flavor there.
>"Man, Amonkhet is great!"
>"Hey, no, don't do that!"
>>
I'm in a bind, EDHg. I'm building Zur with a focus on Enchantments (Constellation in particular along with some pillowfort stuff), but I can't shake the urge to say no to Doomsday. I wouldn't gun for it every game and I wouldn't make it my primary wincon, but having that option is very enticing and it would be nice to have a way to end games that have dragged on too long. Should I just do it? A lot of the cards I would use for the piles are cards that I wouldn't mind having in the deck otherwise, so it'd just be a straight upgrade. I also have some open slots to fill.
>>
>>54301727
Just go ahead and slap a doomsday package in there. "Oops, I win" draws are often decent things to have and you have to hit BBB in tricolor; hope you've got good fixing!
>>
>>54301727

Can anybody explain to me why zur is popular with doomsday? Doomsday is a triple black sorcery? Is there some <4 mana enchantment that combos with doomsday?
>>
>>54301770
My landbase is decent enough and I have things like Urborg and Chromatic Lantern. I may include a Dark Ritual just because even outside of the combo it's decent ramp.

>>54301779
Esper colors are good for Doomsday and Zur makes for a solid backup plan I suppose. In my case, Doomsday is the backup plan rather than my goal. It also tends to be a solid wincon in any BUx deck. My question is why are cycling cards to popular in Zur? I get that Astral Slide is a thing, but it can't be that good. A cycling based deck does seem cool, but most of the Zur decks I see use it.
>>
>>54301779
As far as I know it's just that Zur is the top tier hardcore combo commander for Esper and Doomsday is the best combo-tutor ever printed so if you're tryhard (At which point your mana base will start with 3 dual-3 shock-9 fetch to just flip off the idea that colored requirements are hard) you might as well.
>>
>>54301822
>cycling based deck
I really want to see Esper Cycling when we have Shadow of the Grave and New Perspectives in addition to Slide and Fluctuator.
>>
>>54301855
>paying for Shadow of the Grave by discarding two with Skirge Familiar
Orgasmic.
>>
>>54301833
>to just flip off the idea that colored requirements are hard) you might as well
Honestly they aren't. I slapped 9 fetch in a 5C deck and never have issues hitting mana. And I'm not even using ABR duals.
>>
>>54302201

Well 9 fetches is out of most people's budgets, not to mention they are broken and clearly the best mana fixing lands ever printed.

So sure it's not hard to hit your mana with 9/10 of the best mana fixing lands
>>
>>54302233
>most people's budgets
Why is someone playing the most expensive format if they are doing so on a budget?
>>
>>54302324
>most expensive format
This isn't Vintage. The way EDH scales can get crazy on price point, but you can have fun in this format for pretty cheap. Meanwhile you have to pretty much mortgage your house if you want to do anything in Vintage.
>>
>>54302349
But Mishra's Workshop only costs 1,000 dollarinos!
It's fine if you skip lunch for a decade or two.
>>
>>54302324
>the most expensive forma
Are you crazy? You can make great decks with the budget of a budget modern deck.
>>
>>54301188
So I run Ephara, and I've always been a fan of Angels as finishers: mostly because when I started playing Serra Angel was still relevant, and beating face with a beefy angel is nostalgic as hell.

Suggestions for a good fit that might play off Ephara and blinking? Resto is already in but doesn't feel "big" enough.
>>
>>54302411
Just look up some Angels?

Akroma is a classic that hasn't stopped being a threat, that mana cost just makes a lot of people pass up on her.
>>
>>54302411

There is a 6 drop angel from kaladesh that blinks, 4/4 and doesn't have flash

Angel of invention is pretty cool too
>>
>>54302411
Angel of Serenity?
>>
>>54302411
OGW Linvala
>>
>>54302411
Second for Serenity
>>
Must have monowhite answers for big threats? (Path, Oust, dispatch, etc.) i'd like to see if there are other ones
>>
>>54302455
>just look up
The reason I asked is because other players may have a different take on what might be good. What I want is perspective.

>>54302480
Wispweaver feels like a less good Resto Angel, which I don't feel any deck that WANTS Resto Angel will also want. Angel of Invention is kind of neat.

Angel of Serenity is also in already, but I'm considering Exalted Angel. Blinking on someone else's turn is how you wanna be doing it and the lifegain+big ass+evasion feels relevant for a grindy value deck.
>>
>>54301348
>Now I don't mind infinite combos, what I dislike is tutors

Same thing, really, but you're just focusing on the vector, not the disease.
>>
>>54302573

Exalted Angel is pretty mediocre desu, wispweaver seems better. It's obviously a bad resto Angel but blinking a creature, reusing an etb and drawing off ephara seems better than lifelink + morph

i guess if you really need the lifelink
>>
>>54302579

No. I don't like a mono black deck that just tutors for crypt ghost and exa board wipe every single turn either. It's tutors that I don't like.
>>
>>54302579

No. I don't like a mono black deck that just tutors for crypt ghost and extra planar lens every game, and then a board wipe every single turn. It's tutors that I don't like.
>>
>>54302411
If you just want a big angel to swing with use baneslayer angel or avacyn, angel of hope.

Sucks that bruna, the fading light is an on-cast trigger otherwise I would suggest her.
>>
mono blue counterspell.
I have made mono u aggro, artifacts and stacks.
I will never play mono u with more than 2 or 3 counterspells.
>>
File: Blocks your path.jpg (3KB, 43x39px) Image search: [Google]
Blocks your path.jpg
3KB, 43x39px
>>54302670
*blocks your path*
>>
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what has happened since Shadows over Innistrad?
>>
>>54302601
Part of why Resto Angel makes the cut is that I can draw off Ephara with it on ANYONE else's turn. No flash kind of kills Wispweaver for me, since I have plenty of cheaper blink effects available that aren't 6cmc and sorcery speed.

>>54302640
I DO have a dragonfag in my local group, so Baneslayer might not be a lame choice.
>>
File: 1499921708396.png (388KB, 565x718px) Image search: [Google]
1499921708396.png
388KB, 565x718px
What is the best card in HOU and why is it The Scarab God?
>>
>>54302943
nahiri is a bitch and because sorin didnt save zendikar from the eldrazi, so she summons emrakul onto innistrad.
the jacetice league seals emrakul into the moon but she possesses tamiyo and tamiyo is forced to leave (i think?)
nahiri confronts sorin and seals him in a giant stone that constantly grinds on him making it impossible for him to planeswalk out, then she planeswalks away.

kaladesh im not too sure something about chandra's mom starting a revolution because da big ebil gubmint is controlling all invention and artifice, so they blow up some giant building and also expose tezzeret abusing artificers to make a planar brige that bolas can use to teleport his army around.
amonkhet they go to try and investigate and stop bolas but people revere him (but never has seen him)
HOU, bolas comes back, destroys everything, rezzes everything, kills all gods, defeats the jacetice league and flings them across the multiverse (this im not sure of but explains jace in ixalan? can anyone confirm?)
>>
>>54302569
Swords to Plowshares, Council's Justice, Unexpectedly Absent, Oblivion Ring and the variants.
There's also Condemn I suppose but I like it perhaps even less than Dispatch.
>>
>>54303041
>kills all gods
Hazoret survives, or at least it seems so up until the last story article I read, the one where Bontu dies.
>>
>>54303097
wasnt it implied she was wounded and mind wiped stranded in the desert? i doubt she would live, but hey gotta leave something open for when they come back to amonkhet
>>
>>54303026
It's our lord and savior The Scarab God because Dimir finally has a commander who does something that's not janky mill or parasitic zombie tribal (I mean, he still has a zombie tribal effect but I'm not convinced you need to run a single card with zombie on the typeline to make it work)

Scorpion God is second for giving Rakdos CA.
>>
File: 1485997711872.gif (91KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1485997711872.gif
91KB, 319x440px
Solemnity really makes me want a deck around abusing things like persist and undying, preferably in Mardu colors, but I'm not seeing a lot of synergy for that with potential commanders.
>>
File: 1488426219513.gif (835KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
1488426219513.gif
835KB, 300x201px
>>54302730
>>
>>54303360
Go Abzan instead so you can abuse persist with Melira and vizier too
>>
>>54303360
Abzan
Karador
>>
>>54302324
>most expensive format
You're funny.

Seriously though, money sunk into EDH hits diminishing returns surprisingly quickly. a 100 dollar brew is going to be leagues above a 50 dollar budget shitstorm, and a ~200 build will probably stand head and shoulders over the 100 dollar build. But after that you get less and less quality per budget doubling. a 400 dollar EDH deck runs better than 200 but not that much, you'll barely notice the jump from 400 to 800, and the gap from the 800 dollar deck to a 1600 or 3200 dollar cedh monstrosity might as well be pimping out the cheaper deck with foil promos and guru lands for all it'll do to your win rate. Granted, some decks will have their "Home" value higher or lower. I'm not sure you could make krenko any better above one hundred something while anything 5c can probably drain your bank account faster than identity thief with a fetish for gold-plated hookers and crack, but breaking into the range where you're able to compete and win (even if at a worse-than-parity rate) is, on average, wildly cheaper than doing the same in Legacy or Vintage.
>>
Would it be more fun to draft one box of modern masters2017 or a box of amonket and hour of devistation?
>>
>>54303553
MM will give you the hype of potentially opening that one money card followed by the crushing disappointment of realizing that even if you DO crack a Goyf or planeswalker most of your packs were still hot garbage. Amonkhet and HoD were pretty average sets but hey, the games will be fun and you'll get about what you expect.
>>
>>54303360
Don't forget to abuse cumulative upkeep, too!

Like >>54303470 says, Abzan probably gives you the most toys. If you go Esper, Zur can be your commander and tutor Solemnity. In Mardu, you could run Alesha and take advantage of the fact that most of the creatures you can loop and even some good sac outlets are recurrable by her if something untoward happens before you combo off.
>>
A long time ago i saw a dude post advice on how many lands to run, and it followed a formula that was like "average cmc times 10, minus one land for each sol ring/mana crypt/mana vault, minus one land for every two mana rocks..." But i lost the screen cap i took and doubt remember it any more. Any anon's remember it?
>>
>>54303852
If you need advice on how many lands to run: run 36-40. No more and no less until you know what you're doing. Also 10 pieces of ramp.
>>
File: Illusory Gains_DTK.jpg (228KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Illusory Gains_DTK.jpg
228KB, 672x936px
So I feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner, but pic related with a free sac outlet like Yahenni completely shut down token decks!
>>
>>54303958
Unless they are putting in a buttload of tokens at once sure. What fucking shit deck makes one at a time?
>>
File: 245[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
245[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54303548
>I'm not sure you could make krenko any better above one hundred something

In situations like that, there's usually a single card that ends up doubling, or tripling the price of the deck.
>>
>>54303985
Feldon.
>>
>>54303985
Read the rulings on gatherer at least. Apparently when a bucket load come in you gain control of all of them one after another. As long as sac is instant speed, you can just deny them all.
>>
>>54304028
To elaborate on this, it's because Illusory Gains triggers once for each token entering the battlefield and you can respond to each one as they pass by. So if someone makes 5 tokens, it triggers 5 times. Once the first trigger resolves, you can sac the creature you took before the second trigger gets to resolve.
>>
>>54303958
>a free sac outlet like Yahenni
Or you know. A good sac outlet like phyrexian/ashnod.
>>
>>54303958
>>54304028
>303.4c If an Aura is enchanting an illegal object or player as defined by its enchant ability and other applicable effects, the object it was attached to no longer exists, or the player it was attached to has left the game, the Aura is put into its owner’s graveyard. (This is a state-based action. See rule 704.)
>704.5n If an Aura is attached to an illegal object or player, or is not attached to an object or player, that Aura is put into its owner’s graveyard.
>704.3 Whenever a player would get priority (see rule 116, “Timing and Priority”), the game checks for any of the listed conditions for state-based actions, then performs all applicable state-based actions simultaneously as a single event. If any state-based actions are performed as a result of a check, the check is repeated; otherwise all triggered abilities that are waiting to be put on the stack are put on the stack, then the check is repeated. Once no more state-based actions have been performed as the result of a check and no triggered abilities are waiting to be put on the stack, the appropriate player gets priority. This process also occurs during the cleanup step (see rule 514), except that if no state-based actions are performed as the result of the step’s first check and no triggered abilities are waiting to be put on the stack, then no player gets priority and the step ends.
This doesn't work.
>>
>>54303987
>tfw really want to play old stuff like the abyss or nether void
>tfw don't feel like paying over 100$ for an italian card in excellent condition

Man, the price of losing all your friends is really high these days.
>>
Unsure if this is the best place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone can give a very basic rundown on building up an EDH deck. I mostly only play casual kitchen table stuff where the rules are basically "follow Vintage ban/restrictions + whatever you can afford" and people are wanting to shift to EDH to change it up but no one really has any experience with it. So far I've just been throwing whatever cards together in a list to make a super janky Gisela double damage and multiple combat steps deck (using stuff like Fury of the Horde). It's fun but there's not really a game plan other than play cool shit. Or am I missing the point is that what EDH is all about?
>>
>>54304079
If you sac a creature that is enchanted then the enchantment goes to the graveyard. It's not going to come back from the graveyard to attach to something else.
>>
>>54304778
I find it best to start out with getting a right feel for ratios by looking around at lists. For example, how many lands, creatures, ramp, interaction, main synergy, backup synergy, ect.
>>
>>54304778
You seem to be doing fine. Gisela is good and does so much damage that she overcomes the 40 life difference. Just play what you like, the general makes deckbuilding different and highlander encourages variance and keeping games fresh.
>>
>>54304778
EDH is about having fun.
>>
>>54304899
>>54304902
>>54304906
Gotcha. Thank you guys very much for the feedback!
>>
>>54304778
you currently understand EDH better than most people making competitive tier 1 decks. i'm not even joking. you are currently playing the format th way it was intended to be played. just run whatever you think is fun for you and the group.
>>
>>54304868
Hmm, well that sucks then. In that case, are there any enchantments or other permanants that destroy a creature once you lose control of it?
>>
Yo. Bought a "Seize Control" EDH deck long time ago. never got to play it. made some minor upgrades (added in guttersnipe). I'm going to my LGS to play tonight.
>kinda nervous
>how fucked am i?
>>
>>54305142
People making competitive tier 1 decks enjoy competitive tier 1 decks. Let them like what they like.
>>
I want a new allied color focused set.

I need my big, fat Simic mutants and monsters.

Please, Wizards.
>>
File: Image (105).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (105).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54305180
Play Zedru
give out shitloads of tokens
play pic related
cast Mirrorweave starting the bombshell
>>
>>54305230
Make it fun and make it work, nobody wants to watch you jerk for 20 minutes
>>
>>54305336
thanks!
>>
>>54305265
>Simic
>Allied

Try again.
>>
>>54305265
Assuming you meant enemy, wait for return to Tarkir, that set will almost certainly be heavy enemy themed
>>
File: delet.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
delet.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>54305265
>simicfag asking for more toys
>>
>>54305556
you seem triggered, borosfag
>>
>>54305534
Hopefully it brings back the wedges focusing on the outnumbered color instead of one of the allied ones
>>
>>54301188
Blue-based combo. It's like playing the same game of chess every time be it Polymorph, Doomsday or Hermit, it's always the same line on play. Ironically Hermit is actually fun in Karador because you can't just Dread Return Angel of Glory's Rise and auto-win.
>>
File: 187.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>54305571
>>
>>54305580
I'm just saying because A) they wanted the block to be enemy themed in the first place but because of the plot progression with the bottom up theme they were working with, it didn't work out and B) it fits plotwise since return to Tarkir would be a least partially about the allied colors gaining back their enemy
>>
>>54304028
The aura goes to the graveyard as soon as you sac the first token. When will /tg/ learn they don't know shit about MTG and stop being snarky about card rulings?
>>
>>54301417
I feel the same way.

I dismantled my Meren deck because I was losing games, not because my deck wasn't working, but because my turns boiled down to

>Fetch the optimal cards/combos every turn to lock down the board and win

or

>Sit with combos in my hand and lose on purpose so other people have fun
>>
>>54305230
>>54305336
Yeah, don't make it Storm unless you know what you're doing. I didn't and it was just as annoying for me as it was for my playgroup.
>>
>>54305265
The support that giving orzhov/simic/boros is not worth boosting Golgari and Wheels tribal.
>>
>>54305580
>Kolaghan's turns to Mardu through unity.
>Atarka's turns to Temur through curiosity.
>Dromoka's turns to Abzan through ambition.
>Ojutai's turns to Jeskai through passion.
>Silumgar's turns to Sultai through gardening.
Sounds fun.
>>
>>54305265
I just want more black/white angels for my teysa edgelord deck.
>>
>>54305804
Demon Angels when?
Was honestly hoping that they'd revive Avacyn's last, dead sister for Eldritch Moon as a half demon.
>>
>>54305771
We actually already know what the additional color contributes for most of the clans. The black aspect of Abzan was the use of the dead as spirits, the blue aspect of Temur was their seers' affinity for future sight, Jeskai were red because the encouraged individuality, Mardu were united through the dictates of the Edict of Illagra, and Sultai were green because... actually this was probably the least elaborated on. I guess survival of the fittest, but in the green way and not the black way.
>>
File: yourebeingrediculousgoyim.jpg (113KB, 962x640px) Image search: [Google]
yourebeingrediculousgoyim.jpg
113KB, 962x640px
>>54305804
>still no fourth powerpuff
>>
>>54305866
Wait for Return to Shadows Over Innistrad
>>
>>54305885
>Return to Battle for Shadows over Innistrad
>>
>>54305904
>Return to Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad
>>
>>54305859
Well, maybe I should be clear, these are the things the clans gave up to become part of the Dragon clans, not necessarily their only colored aspect. Temur could do ice elementals, some Abzan were black because Orcs are black now, etc.
>>
>>54305654
I feel you, i made the same thing and i'm thinking of getting the Scarab God to get my fill of graveyard shenanigans instead
>>
>thread question
counterspells and mill that is not self-mill
>>
>>54305925
>Hour of the Return to Shards of Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad: Take the Crown
>>
>>54306019
>Hour of Return to Shards of Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad Masters: Take the Crown Anthology 2017
>>
File: gisharksunsavatar.jpg (28KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gisharksunsavatar.jpg
28KB, 265x370px
I'm planning to assemble a Gishark, Sun's Avatar tribal deck once he releases but never played anything Naya.

What are some super fucking good staples to already pick up when I see them somewhere that would help with ramping and actually getting around and surviving long enough to cast my big lizards?
Asceticism sounds like a good idea as an auto-include, as do the generic green ramp spells, red burn spells and white exile spells. Anything else that would be perfect for a Naya Big Guys deck, be it Dinosaur tribal or not? Figured that 'cycle' of "5 power matters" creatures is probably going to be relevant.
>>
>thread question
R/U disgusts every fiber of my being so I'm going to say that.
>>
>>54306051
Warstorm Surge
>>
File: IMG_1439.jpg (34KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1439.jpg
34KB, 200x285px
Just pulled a copy of pic related. Is it being played in anything other than standard? Wondering if I should sell and wait for rotation to tank the price, or hang on to it because some modern deck or something is using it.
>>
>>54306051
Haste enablers, protection from wraths and all the creature based card draw. Avoid WR stuff since it's usually a trap and not worth it
>>
>>54306088
I think she sees Modern play. I probably wouldn't play her unless your meta is competitive enough that she'll kill enough utility creatures like dorks.
>>
>>54306088
SELL SELL SELL. It's used in a Modern deck or two, but less than Lili of the Veil.
>>
>>54306088
She's a lot less impactful in EDH than other formats, since theres a lot less -2/-1 kills. Her -2 is decent but honestly I'd rather play Phyrexian Reclamation if I need my creatures back.
>>
>>54306088
I don't believe she gets into any major modern meta list so sell it unless you want to build a zombie tribal
>>
>>54306088
Sees play in the most popular modern deck right now so sell.
>>
>>54306110
>protection from Wraths
Apart from Soul of Phyrexia giving everything indestructible, what would help with that? Shit like Leave // Chance and Eerie Interlude and similar mass-flickers are the only thing that come to mind.
>>
>>54306088

It's good in modern and legacy as well, usually only a 1-of
>>
>>54306159
Avacyn
>>
>>54306188
Oh, right, of course. Should've thought of that considering I play Kaalia.
>>
>>54305700
>>54305804
>>54305265
>ally colour
>asking for enemy colours
Besides, we're still missing the actual ally colour edh precons and we got the fucking enemy precons in 2015
>>
>>54306159
>>54306188
Also that new green card that gives indestructible + hexproof to all your permanents is pretty competitively costed for a one shot effect
>>
>>54306188
And Eldrazi Monument
>>
File: what the shiggity am I reading.jpg (8KB, 122x142px) Image search: [Google]
what the shiggity am I reading.jpg
8KB, 122x142px
>Timetwister is legal
>Timetwister isn't banned
>You can play Timetwister in Commander
>>
>>54306088
Ditch it before the rotation price tank. She'll never be cheap, exactly, but she is going to lose a lot of value as she's more marginal in the eternal formats.
>>
>want to brew astral slide saskia but it seems strictly worse than any blue astral slide deck
>>
>>54306237
>Shahrazad isn't banned
>>
>>54306237
>the cheapest copies of Timetwister that are tournament legal are over 700 dollars
>>
>>54306215
>>54306159

Heroic Intervention.
>>
>>54306237
Surprisingly, while still a very good card, it's not actually *that* broken in EDH, without the rest of the P9. There are a lot of decks that only don't play it because of the price barrier, but there are a lot more that wouldn't really bother, as strong as Draw 7 is.
>>
>>54306237
>being so dumbfounded that you repeat the same thing thrice in different ways
>>
>>54306267
Guess i'm gonna pay a visit to my asian friends then
>>
>>54306264
Kill yourself. You're not starting this again
>>
>>54306304
>the joke
(You)
>>
>>54306261
Who cares, EDH is where you can play strictly worse cards.
>>
>>54306322
I'm gonna fucking jumpkick over [you] and take a dump on your head mid flight and then we'll see who's laughing.
>>
>>54306319
you should keep that rude 'tude in check, dude
>>
File: 1491402015825.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1491402015825.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
>>54306361
>>
>>54306361
You tell him anon!
>>
File: 1496398789593.jpg (255KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496398789593.jpg
255KB, 800x800px
A few days ago, some anon suggested a Grixis horror tribal deck, and I think I'm going to try to make one. Now, there are a few questions:

>Which Commanders do you think best suit horrors? Gitrog Atraxa and Glisela are the only horror subtype commanders I could find, and monowhite horrors seem like they're missing the point.

>Any must includes?

>Do you think there's any possibility it can be fun?
>>
>>54306512

You could do kraum + something
>>
>>54306237
>doesnt play days undoing with flash to turn the downside into an upside
>>
>>54306692

>doesn't read the fucking card
>>
>>54306512
I like Sedris, if you play a Bunch of Horrors and Spectres. You can sac a bunch of the Faceless Butcher creatures in response to the effect then unearth them and do it again. Unearthing the Spectres for a chip of damage and making them discard is also sweet.
>>
>>54306046
It's like a Street Fighter game.
>>
>>54306692
>If it's your turn, end the turn.
>Your turn
>>
Name me a commander that will love me for playing 0 cost creatures like Memnite and Ornithopter. Go.

Points if it's red.
>>
>>54306901
Darietti.
>>
File: 1471210147334.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471210147334.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>54302324
>the most expensive format
>>
File: 1487732927103.jpg (40KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
1487732927103.jpg
40KB, 640x541px
>>54306361
>>
>>54306722
>Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library, then draws seven cards. If it's your turn, end the turn
>Each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library, then draws seven cards
Yeah I exile days undoing, who cares when you have glorious end with upside attached to your wheel.
>>
>>54306825
No shit?
>>
>>54306901

Animar?
>>
>>54303852
How are you supposed to figure out the average CMC if you don't know how many lands there are in the deck?
>>
File: aura.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
aura.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54306051
Aura shards is pretty good and if you run big creatures, you can also play Where Ancients Tread. Lurking Predators is good way to get creatures on the field.
>>
>>54306982
>If it's your turn, end the turn
>>
>>54307095
see
>>54306999
>>
>>54306982

There is no glorious end here, what are you not getting? It only ends YOUR turn. No matter if you cast as an instant, the card is not capable of ending an opponent's turn.
>>
>>54307523
I never said it ended an opponents turn learn to read
>>
>>54307594

You said you turn the drawback into an upside. The drawback is that it ends your turn. What were you implying if not that you could end opponents turns?

You even mentioned glorious end, which lets you end your opponents turn
>>
>>54307655
That guy is an idiot but if you can cast Days Undoing as an instant then you could counter an opponent's spell with it IF they cast the spell on your turn. Extremely fringe.
>>
>>54307655
You know what ending a turn does to a spell on the stack right?
>>
>>54306237
I'd rather play time spiral, yeah it costs a bit more but it lets you get full advantage off the draw 7 first even more if you have a mana doubler.
>>
>>54306046
>Hour of Return to Shards of Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad Masters: Take the Crown Anthology 2017 & Knuckles
>>
>>54303351
You don't need much tribal support, but gravy train brings enough value that you'll want him anyway. Maybe some spells that produce a bunch of zombie tokens like Army of the Damned and From Under the Floorboards, but you definately don't need to focus on it.
>>
Liliana anon here, thanks for the advice. Looks like i can probably get good value for her in trades/selling. If her value drops by at least half after rotation ill be happy with the choice, money isnt a huge issue but cardboard is cardboard after all.

Gonna grab some sweet edh stuff with the proceeds
>>
File: Zz01S5I.jpg (155KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Zz01S5I.jpg
155KB, 750x1046px
>>54308021
Kek
>>
>>54305280
This is sweet
>>
>>54305885
>>54305904
>>54305925
>>54306019
>>54306046
>>54308021

I love /tg/
>>
>>54308021
>Hour of Return to Shards of Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad Masters: Take the Crown Anthology 2017 & Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
>>
File: 1472281747073.png (71KB, 191x226px) Image search: [Google]
1472281747073.png
71KB, 191x226px
Looking for a deck critique currently it is mostly complete

(except for top, og kozilek & ulamog, omniscience, intruder alarm, mana echos, merchant and mystical tutor, purphros, & paradox engine) Those will be ordered next payday

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enter-the-locust-god/
>>
>>54301188
Do you guys rate decks / give advice around here? Casual player, me and my friends want to get into commander, I built this deck with a budget of 250-300:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/693517#paper

Also is brago or grand arbiter better for playing UW? eg. which is generally considered the stronger general? Somehow I feel like having to connect to get value from brago diminishes his strength.
>>
>>54301188
i never really wanted to play stax, sort of an icky feeling just playing against it. but i wanna build kuon to at least have one stax deck. play him turn turn three with blood thrull like cards or something. hard to kill after he becomes an enchantment but not as much as the gods. still cheap cost allows for ez recasts.
>>
>>54305589
How do you auto-win off an Angel of Glory's Rise?
>>
File: pranks.jpg (170KB, 822x652px) Image search: [Google]
pranks.jpg
170KB, 822x652px
Are there any other obvious inclusions for this bag of tricks in Boros? The shtick is to turn temporary exile into permanent timeout or play blowout spells without having to suffer their EoT downsides.

>inb4 just play Brago
>>
pulled razaketh at pre-release and still don't know what to do with it. is it worth keeping if i don't have rune-scarred demon?
>>
>>54309045
Lab Man is the usual rez target
>>
>>54309049
I guess I should note I'm already running Eldrazi Displacer and Stonecloaker.
>>
>>54308966
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/693517#paper
You'll typically get better results posting on tappedout. I'm not awake enough to comment on the deck itself, but the two are very different. Brago is suited towards decks that try to push an advantage, you want to get value out of flickering cards, possibly breaking parity and playing under Stax pieces by flickering rocks, while Grand Arbiter Augustin IV is better at breaking parity through reducing costs on value cards. If you play Brago you have to run a lot of protection for him, in counterspells, hexproof abilities, and unblockable effects.

>>54309045
The line is Hermit Druid, mill your deck, Narcomeba and U to Unearth Fatestitcher, Dread Return Angel of Glory's Rise by sacrificing all three, bring back Laboratory Maniac and Hapless Researchers, sacrifice Researchers to draw, your deck is empty, win. The point is you don't have U so you can't do it in Karador.
>>
>>54308021
>Hour of Return to Shards of Shadows Over Scars of Battle for Innistrad Masters: Take the Crown Anthology 2017 & Knuckles Turbo Ultra Arcade Edition Revengeance
>>
File: maskofbemuseddisappointment.gif (2MB, 1292x1959px) Image search: [Google]
maskofbemuseddisappointment.gif
2MB, 1292x1959px
>>54306051
>can't avoid leaks anywhere unless i literally don't play magic or go on the internet for any reason

sigh
>>
>>54309173
>avoiding leaks
Porquoi?
>>
>>54309239
I enjoy spoiler season, perhaps a bit too much. It gives me something to look forward to and I find talking about cards as they're spoiled / etc to be really fun. Now we have all these leaks flying around, and when spoiler season comes, it's all "we talked about this five months ago. Woo. We've been playing with proxies of these cards forever now, just get to the next set already."

I have already played with a guy who proxied up one of the C17 commanders. It was annoying.
>>
>>54309049
Gideon of the trials is a hilariously effective safety net for boros decks wanting to use final fortune/glorious end.
>>
>>54309326
Enforce the banlist? Cards arent legal till theyre released, if youre letting people play with proxies of illegal cards and getting mad then thats a personal problem.
>>
>>54309119
>>54308966
Alright, posted the deck to tappedout. Still wondering if there is any general (heh) consensus wether brago or gaaiv is the stronger general for multiplayer? id say its quite clear gaaiv is stronger in 1v1.
>>
>>54309449
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gaaiv-helmet-combo-pillow-fort/
>>54309119
>>54308966
>>
>>54309449
Consensus is that the two are approximately equal, leaving it down to politics. While Brago is technically more powerful, able to easily swing games by connecting once, he also draws higher threat assessment than GAAIV. Brago is a prime removal target, while GAAIV is less so.
>>
>>54309119
>>54305589
Karador has Necrotic Ooze though. Hermit Druid is instant win, even if it's not that effective. However, I would still play 5c hermit druid, because you get all of the relevant parts.
>>
>>54309436
It was either that, or he plays his competitive deck against a bunch of casual decks again. That, and it wasn't my house, so I didn't have the option of kicking him out. I could've left, but that would be rude to my buddy who was hosting the commander game, while also making me look like a whiny baby bitch to my EDH friends.
>>
>>54309516
>>54309436

If he enforces the banlist then he introduces feelbads into the playgroup. Guy builds a deck he's excited about and you just go no that's not allowed?

His point is it's lose lose
>>
>>54309326
>>54309516
So instead of looking like a whiny baby bitch in your group, you come here to look like one?
Let the guy have his fun. Not that the new commanders are that powerful, aside from the monk I guess, but what's wrong with wanting a jumpstart, since incompetent wizards let shit get spoiled two years early.
>>
>>54309499
I see. Still, I feel that brago can be shut down completely just by losing its commander once, while gaaiv doesnt seem entirely reliant on keeping arbiter alive for two turns.
>>
>>54309466
I'd recommend taking out Narset Transcendant and Day of Judgement for Swords to Plowshares and Imprisoned in the Moon. GAAIV is rather controlling, so spot removal usually helps more than wraths, and while you are low on creatures and lands you're still only looking at getting a card on Narset's +1 about half the time, and you have to rely on Prison pieces to get off her ult.
>>
>>54309599

>i enjoy spoiler season

>i like seeing new cards when i'm supposed to see them & can reasonably be excited about them instead of being told x card exists and that i have to wait a year to actually play it without proxies
>>
File: 1481783992944.jpg (147KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481783992944.jpg
147KB, 421x500px
>>54309239
pourquoi*

>>54309173
pic related
>Ixalan leaks is the brown yeti and you're the white one.
>>
Anyone have good spells that are actually sekrit tech for wort, the raid mother.
>>
>>54309852
Vitalize and Benefactor's Draught.
>>
>>54309672
Wow, thats a great suggestion! Imprisoned in the moon actually looks exactly like the kind of card that I would love to play and seems good in this deck. What do you think of the ramp? Fast enough to get out an early gaaiv consistently? ofc his ability is by far the strongest early in the game.
>>
>>54309930
Would be a better suggestion if I had noticed that you already have StP. You've got some good rocks, you should be able to get a T3 GAAIV consistently, and obviously T2 if you start with a Sol Ring, which is good enough if you're not in a super competitive meta.
>>
>>54306051
I'm sure there's a lot of overlap here:

https://edhrec.com/commanders/mayael-the-anima
>>
>>54309925
Those are really good thanks
>>
>>54309852
Emerald medallion is manditory, paradox engine and pyromancers goggles are comedy gold. Also never undervalue reiterate, youll end up blowing more people completely the fuck out of the game with that one card than even krosan grip. Also never waste a decimate I saw somebody get a 13 for 3 decimate.
>>
>>54309173
What, do you try to do a media blackout until you open packs? If you want to do that then you need to actually do a blackout and not talk to people about magic or read about it.
>>
File: 1496543509957.jpg (42KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
1496543509957.jpg
42KB, 405x650px
>>54307594
>>54306982
>>54306692

This is why I hate summer
>>
>>54310260
>>54309326
>>54309679
>>
Is hope of ghirapur a meme or can it actually be a fun commander?
>>
>>54310891
Both
>>
>>54310891

Good with equipmen
>>
>>54310891
Yes
>>
>>54301188
I'd say combo, but it's more "decks that only have one or two wincons, and their entire gameplan revolves around getting those out/online".

Like, I'll run Lab Man in my Locust God deck because it's a good backup, but I won't be gunning for a win off of it.

This all goes out the window when it comes to CEDH, of course.
>>
File: uncagethemenagerie.jpg (53KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
uncagethemenagerie.jpg
53KB, 265x370px
This card seemed awfully good for EDH and it's super cheap on preorder, so I ordered 4. What do you think? I can see a bunch of good selections for it in my decks.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>54306264
I wish
>>
>>54311229
Eh. I'd rather run Pod, Chord, Green Sun, eldritch or TNN
>>
>>54311229
Kind of decent but very frustrating that it only has 1 X. You can only search for 1 1 mana creature but could get up to 6 6 mana creatures. Weird card but could be fun to play.
>>
>>54311229

Might be very good in wort the raid mother
>>
>>54309049
If you are running final fortune you should be running last chance as well and warrior's oath as well if you can afford P3K cards.
>>
>>54311466
Warrior's Oath isn't even that expensive for P3K cards.
>>
>tfw no loli commander
>>
>>54311524
You're right I was thinking of Capture of Jingzhou for the price, mixed the cards up.
>>
>>54301727
It's fine if you have self-control. It's horrible if you let some one borrow it who doesn't.

I've got an old Oloro deck with several horribly gay wincons and tutors. He always insta-wins out of nowhere. I Keep meaning to scrap the deck but it was my first and most of my friends don't have decks so and it's easy to teach some one with it. I feel ashamed to use it ever. But one of my friends keeps abusing it.
>>
>>54311643
Loliana, Heretical Healer
>>
>>54311664
I'd like to see a list for it if you wouldn't mind. Research purposes.
>>
>>54311664
but how can your deck be gay if you're not playing Kynaios and Tiro?
>>
File: 47.jpg (188KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
188KB, 480x680px
knight tribal for c17?
>>
File: 1489262792890.gif (1002KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1489262792890.gif
1002KB, 500x629px
>>54311643
>tfw wizards are anti-loli
Seriously, there's a little amount of cards featuring young females in mtg, let alone loli's.
That isn't enough, we need more!
>>
>>54303041
Emrakul rewrites one of tamiyo's mega scrolls while playing a shadow game with jayce. Then just takes control over tamiyo and seals herself in the moon, Emrakul mentions something to Jayce about it not wanting to arbitrarily destroy planes. And I'm pretty sure sorin is just impaled and stuck in Markov manor or something. Both nahiri and Olivia find time to sass him before bouncing.
>>
>>54311776
lgbtp(edo)

i thought we belonged :(
>>
>>54311776

>I'm angry a company that makes a children's card game won't indulge me in my degeneracy.
>>
File: stab.png (15KB, 153x182px) Image search: [Google]
stab.png
15KB, 153x182px
>>54311643
>>54311776
>>54311809
Get out.
>>
File: Arahbo-Roar-of-the-World.jpg (19KB, 184x235px) Image search: [Google]
Arahbo-Roar-of-the-World.jpg
19KB, 184x235px
>>54311974
>degeneracy
>OK everyone, let's print CAT'S in almost every fucking set. New Cat commander deck in the next commander deck cycle.
Degeneracy is only the beginning, anon.
>>
Hypothetically
>edh rule change makes planeswalkers legal as commanders except maybe some banned
>what does that metagame look like?
>does everybody play one, or are only a few actually good commanders?
>>
>>54312133
Aetherborn tribal
>>
File: 1499357306496.jpg (90KB, 700x697px) Image search: [Google]
1499357306496.jpg
90KB, 700x697px
>>54306237

>get CE Timetwister for 50 burgerbux
>see Locust God
>>
>>54312190
Saheeli Rai becomes the izzet artifacts commander we always wanted.

Nahiri is gud.

Tezzeret the Seeker probably gets banned.

And Nicol Bolas, God Pharaoh is played but not very good.
>>
>>54311776
Nice bait.
>>
>>54311726
It's not very good but it does crush the rest of the meta since it is pretty weak but the meta i'm in is even weaker.
>>
File: 1496168201129.png (162KB, 963x981px) Image search: [Google]
1496168201129.png
162KB, 963x981px
>>54312198
rigger tribal WHEN?!?
>>
>>54312190
Creature based decks will get hosed harder. Many PW win the game when they get to an ult, and in the meantime you have access to cards that hose the shit out of creatures. Tainted aether, humility, wrath.decs, shit like blind obedience to get around hasted creatures, etc.

It would be an obnoxious world to live in.
>>
>>54302411
Just don't forget that Resto can't hit angels.
Angel of Serenity with Eldrazi Displacer is a really fun time, especially once you understand the stack well enough to permanently exile things.
>>
File: Laughingguardians.jpg (145KB, 1777x935px) Image search: [Google]
Laughingguardians.jpg
145KB, 1777x935px
>>54309326

Literally autism.
>>
>>54312190
Jace unraveler of secrets is banned as a commander
High tide is banned in commander
rings of brighthearth becomes a staple like crucible and doubling season. Creature based strategies become massively more powerful as everyone tries to jizzle jam every random walker as a commander.
>>
>>54312402
You know, I don't think he is in the wrong for not wanting to play against unreleased cards like that.

For one thing: they just aren't legal cards. They are just as legal as moxen and timewalk according to the rules. They won't be legal until the sets prerelease.

The second thing is (and this is unlikely but possible) they could all be fakes. C-17 and ixalan have not been spoiled, these are all leaks. Some or all of these might not be real. Fake "leaks" happen all the time, so until it's official this shit may as well be custom card general tier. And that's fucking awful. What if they buy all the other shit for the deck and it turns out the card isn't real? You going to keep letting them play it? If not, why not?
>>
>>54312133
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say cats aren't as degenerate as loli's.
>>
>>54312190
Tezzeret the Seeker is banned, as is Sorin Markov, and The Chain Veil. Both Tamiyos become premier Stax decks, people try and fail to make Tibalt work, werewolves finally have a decent commander in Arlinn Kord. Mono Brown is powerful with Karn and Ugin at the helm, Gideon of the Trials is frustrating but not impossible to deal with. Doubling Season spikes in price. Dack Fayden players netdeck highly viewed decks and fail to pilot them, that one guy has every Nissa printed with an anime alter. Personally I'd enjoy Ajani, Mentor of Heroes.
>>
>>54306264
>Divine Intervention isn't banned
>>
File: mexican egg laying.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
mexican egg laying.png
149KB, 223x311px
>>54312508
You're right, and my obsession with little girls is going too far, but why is there so much cats in mtg ? Why is it so important to have them?
>>
>>54311791
Stuck in the helvault i think, but still
>>
>>54312641
Why are there so many humans in MTG, why is it so important to have them?
>>
>>54312674
relatable tribe for the common man

serves as a counter point to the other tribes helping give them a better sense of identity

what do cats add though u dork
>>
>>54312641
There be furries in the development team
>>
>>54312641
Lion men and the like are cool man, why not? I for one cannot wait for Arahbo, if that's what you're talking about. Because I've been trying to replace Kemba.
>>
>>54312661
Nope, just a rock in Markov Manor.
>The stone crashed in around them, and rows of jagged stone tusks tore into Sorin from his legs to his ribs. His sword flew from his hand, and a yelp of agony exploded from his lips. Nahiri shoved herself free of him, passing through the solid stone so that only Sorin remained. The stone tightened in on him until it had him in its grasp. By the time Nahiri was finished with her work, Sorin hung in air, gripped in Nahiri's magic. There was no planeswalking from this. The stone teeth that held him chewed at his insides, keeping him in a perpetual anguish that would sap the focus he would need to leave this place.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/campaign-vengeance-2016-07-06
Nahiri was the one trapped in the Helvault, and that was broken back in the original Innistrad block, by Thalia.
>>
>>54311776

Ya what a tragedy
>>
>>54312641
You can blame ajani, for opening up Pandora's box. But then again people like cats, like really liked them. And it's a smart move for the money, cats on the Internet is a huge meme in general. I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner.
>>
>>54312692
>>54312692
>serves as a counter point to the other tribes helping give them a better sense of identity

This is true of all tribes though

But besides that, people like cats (most people can be described as either a "cat person" or a "dog person") and we already understand a cats mannerisms and how they look.

To be honest I have a better picture of how a cat person is supposed to look and act then an elf or a dwarf in MTG, especially because they change those up every block.
>>
>>54312905
>You can blame ajani
What, mirri was first cat.
And then after that they did cat tribal in mirrodin with raksha, and they have kept cats going ever since.
>>
File: 1486431690952.jpg (23KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486431690952.jpg
23KB, 352x395px
>>54304906
>fun
>/tg/ justifies muh MLD all the time
>>
>there are no good cards that trigger off of your discards in Izzet
Reeeee
>>
Is mono green the only fun mono color in edh?
>>
>>54313129
I looked further, and are there any good cards that trigger off of self discard?
>>
>>54313160
Black can be pretty fun to.
>>
File: 1481351883464.jpg (92KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481351883464.jpg
92KB, 768x1024px
>>54312641
They have to attract the geeky autistic woman demographic somehow
>>
>>54313112
It's fine if you use it to win the game. It sucks if it just ends up lengthening the game
>>
>>54312190
Rings of Brightearth my Ral Zarek commanders ultimate for a max of TEN (10) free turns and summon and uptick to flip for a max of TEN (10) more free turns and see how long you can go until you bust and lose all flips and can't keep getting free ults. That'd be the wincon. Try get so many free turns the opponents scoop.
>>
>>54313160
Mono red purph tokens.
>>
>>54312190
>ugin eldrazi deck
>>
>>54313160
>Not finding Jalira- Polymorph to victory fun
>Not finding Slobad/Kurkesh/Darretti combo to victory fun
>Not finding Mono black that does everything fun
>Not finding white equipme-

Okay. Mono white is usually pretty fucking bland, but there is a lot of fun things the other colors can do in mono.

>Grafted Exoskeleton on Heartless Hidetsugo, turn sideways and win
>Zada "The Horde" Hedron Grinder
>Feldon of the "Look ma, no hand!" Path
>Kazuul Tyrant of the "Don't hit me, hit that guy" Cliffs
>Tricky Norin the Wary

That's just red. I mean, fun is subjective but if you can't find fun ways to build other mono commanders I don't know what to tell you boo.
>>
>>54313160
White severely lacks draw and giant threats and relies on enchantments/equipment to keep a strong board state.
Blue is almost always "draw engine until infinite capsize"
Black has decent range, typically including stax and reanimator. While it can be oppressive to play against it breeds competition and can stop people from playing like total retards until someone gets one of their combo pieces out.
Red can really only (viably) be played as land hate and punishment with a number of artifacts, and the price for some of those cards can really gouge your wallet.
Green is EDH easy-mode for obvious reasons. 7/10 times it's Goodstuff.dec without a hint of theme.
>>
>>54313112
Needs no justification. It's no worse than playing against stax or other forms of hard control. It just feels worse for little Timmy because there's a tangible sense of loss involved.
>>
>>54313439
Red gets so many cool commanders that do unique things that it honestly puts most other mono-colors to shame. Sure, there are some strong mono-color decks of other colors, but Red has access to several unique and fun options.
>>
>>54313439
Mono-red commanders are so combo reliant it's not even funny.
You're basically throwing the game if you get a bad hand since reds lack of draws and enchantment hate can make you fall very far behind in an EDH game.
>>
>>54312843
What a fucking atrocity. I'd at least expect some serious enchanted shit to hold sorin, but no he's in the wall. Great job with one of your good characters wizards
>>
>>54313471
I feel the same way, it's unfortunate that whenever red gets such cool concepts but Wizards rarely knows what to do with the color as a whole.

>>54313491
Maybe a few of them, but I don't think you're using the word combo correctly. Darretti, Kurkseh, and Slobad are definitel combo decks, but Zada is just synergy, she still has tokens and pump spells to win, haste enablers and so on. Feldon reanimates big threats for a turn, swinging with a Pathrazer of Ulamog isn't a combo, and you're in mono so you're likely running mana doublers or mana rocks to be able to hard cast him by turn 5 or 6 if he's stuck in your hand. Building mono red is no different than having to build Azami wizard tribal, Talrand/Baral heavy on counters, Patron of the moon with Moonfolk, Titania as a land sac and recursion deck, or Rishkar heavy counters. Mono colors require you to learn to buld to a certain ideal and not just stick to "goodstuff" like most tri colored, and even some two colored decks do. Building to a theme or idea isn't a combo, it's synergistic at worst. Most mono decks are also pretty commander reliant.
>>
>>54313611
these is how low an ancient planeswalker has been brought.
fucking mending
>>
>>54312724
>>54312905
Lionmen and giant monstrous cats are awesome and definitely fit in a fantasy world like mtg. What I have a problem with is the other type of cats, those who literally looks like the domestic kind. I feel like they're wasting the potential ideas.
ex: pic related could've been a replaced with a white spirit or a human-soldier with the same stats.
This might be a bad example but it's reasonable.

>>54312719
> furries
>development team
Simply a horrible idea.

>>54312955
>"dog person"
There really isn't a lot of dogs in mtg and I hope wizards don't give them the cat treatment.
>>
>>54313681
The mending didn't make him a complete asshole.
He brought this on himself with a string of very bad choices.
Not saying he's totally at fault here, M:tG is basically The Gathering (of assholes) and Fucking Up: The Story.
Everything from The Brother's War to the Eldrazi's release could have been prevented had circumstances been just a little different, and that's what makes a lot of it so tragic.
That being said had it not been for Urza and Mishra nearly destroying Dominaria then there's a possibility Urza might've never become a planeswalker, and he was the key factor in defeating Yawgmoth.
And to put thing into perspective, Yawgmoth alone was probably a bigger threat than the Eldrazi, since oldwalker could've gotten rid of them (just choose not to because Ugin convinced them they might serve a greater purpose, thus sealing them away instead) at whim, while Yawgmoth required a great many lengths by a great many oldwalkers to take down.
Not to mention his physical manifestation was a fucking CLOUD OF DEATH. Dude was metal as fuck.
>>
>>54313789
He also broke the will of several planeswalkers, which at the time only existed on their own volition and were basically beings made of willpower.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 223x311px
Since we're talking about cats, I would really appreciate suggestions on my first Arahbo list. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arahbos-pride/
>>
>>54312508
Says you, catfucker
>>
>>54314037
Pedophiles are psychopaths
>>
>>54314063
Furries too, your point?
>>
>>54313611
To be fair, he was unable to use Magic when he fought Nahiri and he now has stones grinding his insides but leaving him barely alive. You'd have a hard time focusing too.
>>
>>54313789
All signs point to Ugin being right about the Eldrazi. The ramifications may not have been immediate, but everything about how Emrakul willingly put herself in the moon and left a message behind screams sequel. I feel like we'll see the result of killing two titans in the coming set(s) after Dominaria.
>>
>>54314113
Not that guy but I figure that a vampire shouldnt be incapacitated by physical pain. Im also surprised sorin cant just get himself free even under mental duress. like why doesnt he just destroy the land trapping him instead of trying to planeswalk?
>>
How do i NOT combo off with Ghave? People in my group are very autistic about infinites, o i just remove ashnod's and utopia mycon and all the stuff that makes mana by sacrificing creatures?
>>
how does blade of selves work with Saskia
>>
>>54313611
>Stone teeth that chew at your insides
>Not an enchantment fitting of a rock-mage
>>
>>54314390
You choose a player for each saskia tha enters then it doesn't matter since those istances of saskia are istantly sacrificed
>>
>>54314390
What exactly is confusing you? There doesn't appear to be any kind of special interaction.
>>
>>54314390
Legends rule is a state based action, you sac right after you create the tokens. Its great in omnath.
>>
>>54301188
Redpill me on Hapatra, ive heard many people here talk good shit bout her, and ive been looking to build a new deck. I think i might build either her or Mazirek
>>
>>54303958
that seems very situational
>>
>>54313789
so the phyrexians perfect the eldrazi and become the heroes we deserve right?
>>
>>54313112
MLD is fun if you're not a bitch
>>
>>54301188
I wont play tutors because i enjoy edh shenanagins and tutors reduce randomness of the format, playing your deck the same way every time is kinda boring. Some exceptions though, i do run zirilan and sunforger, but they're more for utility than for making my deck consistent.

I avoid infinite combos cause my group is 3 people, so matches rarely take more than 20 min, though i do run wincons like insurrection and soulscour to make sure it ends eventually.

that said i dont mind others using tutors/inf combos, just a personal choice

I'm ambivalent to mld and stax, i have no complaints about em but i dont run em cause my decks dont really need it.

im prolly scrub tier but idgaf cause my decks are balanced for my meta and I'm fine with that
>>
>>54314821
are you me?
I need a group of casuals with whom to play.
>>
>>54314844
you can join us, one of the squad is away for a month so its only been 1v1, and my remaining bro only has 2 decks
>>
>>54314364
Just embrace it. Let it wash over you like a wave.
>>
So what sleeves do I buy for commander?
>>
File: 1499057686054.gif (6MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499057686054.gif
6MB, 480x270px
>>54312133
>Commander's working while in the command zone.

Why can't WOTC come up with good mechanics?
>>
>>54314956
Preferably ones for your cards.

But seriously. Dragon Shields come in packs of 100 and they're pretty good all around. I like the matte ones.
>>
>>54314956
Dragon Shield Matte, they are tough, they don't costtoo much and they don't stick to each other like the smooth ones
>>
>>54314791
New Phyrexia is strong, but there's too much conflict among themselves for them to be a greater threat.
The Praetors are coasting off of Yawgmoth's leftovers, they're on the verge of making progress of their own but they seem content squabbling over territory.
However without the backing of someone who can take on a planeswalker 1v1 they'll probably fall apart when they piss the wrong people off.
>>
Is piranha marsh just a swamp with a jank etb or are there combos somewhere that can abuse it or decks that actually want it?
>>
So is a non superfriends/infect Atraxa less frowned upon?
>>
>>54315692
Useful in Rakdos to cast him
>>
>>54311414
Why?
>>
>>54314525
>>54314411
Legend rule has nothing to do with sacrifice, though.
>>
>>54315975
Ok smart ass, you do everything that mechanically is a sacrifice but instead is the end result of a state based action.
>>
How does Brago, or any effect that makes a card blink, interact with cards like Court Hussar or those Elementals with Evoke?
Would I be forced to sacrifice them as soon as they return from on the field?
>>
>>54316016
The point is that Savra and It That Betrays won't trigger.
>>
>>54315721
Thank you. That seems about all it can be for.
>>
>>54316097
No, you only sacrifice them if you evoke them in.
>>
>>54314163
>All signs point to Ugin being right about the Eldrazi
All signs point to Ugin being a salty lil bitch. He warns Jace that maybe the Eldrazi are part of a greater ecosystem. You know what that sounds like? Him. He's mad because Yasova helped Bolas kill him, and now Nissa helped Jace (and Chandra and Gideon) kill the Eldrazi. The only difference is that Ugin knew he was part of the ecosystem of Tarkir, and Ugin knows that he could have kept the dragons from killing the humans and avoided one of them helping kill him, while we're not even sure if Ulamog and Kozilek are cognizant.
>>
>>54316356
There's pretty much 0 chance that getting rid of the Eldrazi doesn't bite the Gatewatch in the ass somehow. That's just not how these kinds of stories are written.
>>
File: 43.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>54316212
Court Hussar too?
Shouldn't I be forced to sacrifice him since I technically didn't pay W after he blinked?
>>
>>54316382
That doesn't make Ugin right.
>>54316406
Yes, if Hussar enters the battlefield and wasn't cast, you can't have paid W and you have to sacrifice him.
>>
NEW THREAD (for real, this time)

>>54316520
>>54316520
>>54316520
>>54316520
>>
>>54316426
>That doesn't make Ugin right.

It does though.
Ugin said "Hey, maybe don't kill the Eldrazi in case they're important and something bad will happen if you do", so if they are important and something bad does happen, it makes him right. He's going to be right because it's the way the narrative has to play out.
>>
>>54315715
Who says Atraxa is frowned upon?
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>54313491
You'rr forgetting somebody. Red really has a lot of good mono color commanders. Zirilan, Feldon, Bosh, Marton Stromgald, etc. There are some really unique and decent options.
>>
>>54301293
All I want to say is that I pulled both this and a Nicol Bolas in the same pack on Wednesday.
>>
>>54301417
This week I played at my LGS for the first time and I cast Ashen Rider with my own Hushwing Gryff in play.
[Spoiler]In response an opponent bolted my Gryff. I'm very excited to continue playing at this table.
>>
>>54316742
>Fail spoiler text
I knew it would happen to me eventually. Balls exposed.
>>
>>54316742
>playing with people affected by down syndrome
You should be ashamed
>>
>>54316016
The problem here would be if you would have two Assault Suits equipped to two legends of a same name and then Mirror Gallery is removed.
It wouldn't even be similar situation as with Endrek Sahr, since legend rule isn't a trigger, which means that no one would receive priority ever again.
And like the other guy said, you don't get sacrifice triggers, like with Savra or Smothering Abomination.
>>
>>54313112
>not having a playgroup that like the challenge of resource denial
>shiggitydiggity
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.