[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Comamnder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 41

File: Polymorph_M10.jpg (253KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Polymorph_M10.jpg
253KB, 672x936px
"Still No Official Info About C17" Edition

Last Thread: >>54188715

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Should alternate casting be castable from the Command Zone as if it were from your hand? With or without tax? Why or why not? Examples are welcome.
>>
>>54202531
>Thread Question:
Not. Even with tax that would be too cheap.
If you want to cast a commander with alternate costs, find a way to put the commander in your hand.
>>
>>54202531
Yes. There's one legendary creature with suspend, Ith, and two with Ninjutsu, Higure and Ink-Eyes. Kolaghan and Zurgo Bellringer have Dash, but you can already dash from the Command Zone. Higure is Ninja tribal, Ink-Eyes is yet another black reanimator except you can't surprise anyone from the Command Zone, and still takes 4 turns to come in and is just a Maze of Ith as a creature anyways.
>>
>>54202650
and Ith* still takes 4 turns to come in.
>>
>>54202531
Painful experience says against anything about cheap/free casting, since there isn't a person who wouldn't abuse that to full degeneracy
>>
>>54202531
Can anyone explain why WOTC is being so tight lipped on C17.

This isn't normal is it?
>>
>>54202856
What do you mean? It's too early to start with spoilers.
>>
>>54202856
Almost like they don't want to distract from the big set releasing in a week. What a crazy idea.
>>
>>54202856
It's not out until August 25th and there are only 56 new cards, so yeah the secrecy is normal. Also bear in mind SDCC is in two weeks, so we'll probably get some info on it and Ixilan at that point.
>>
I know we're opposed to Commanders that reference the Command Zone, but what about other cards? Like an Sorcery that would have Flash as long as your Command Zone was empty, or an Enchantment that had different modes - even possibly negative ones - of depending on where your Commander is?
>>
Another question for the thread: would you like to see a Commander release have it's own plane/tell it's own story like Conspiracy did? Where the five decks represent factions or groups, and all the art was themed, even on some of the reprints and the lands?

Also, on a completely different tangent, wouldn't New Phyrexia be a great setting for the next Conspiracy set?
>>
What do you think of all the monarchcards from Conspiracy 2?
>>
>>54203014
Not really. The best thing about commander stuff is that they get to make legendaries that didn't see the light when the standard set was on their plane. Of course, you get some disappointing cards like Ludevic and O-Kagashi, but the rest is quite nice.
>>
>>54203109
matters on the card, introducing monarchy into an EDH game is always interesting.

its a mechanic that will never go away, and powerful card draw.

I dont remember off the top of my head if there are any EDH worthy cards that require monarchy/effects based on it, other then marchesa herself.
>>
>>54202973
I don't think that cards that reference where the commander is are a problem. I could see something like:
*Names* Vengeance W
Instant
Tap target creature
Revenge:If your commander left the battlefield this turn, exile that creature instead
>>
>>54203166
Regal behemoth and skyline despot are pretty okay.
>>
>>54203109
I like them, but most of them seems not really strong.
I made a Marchesa deck from the scraps of my Saskia precon, put some monarchy and voting matters cards and had some funny shenanigans happen.
But then again, my playgroup is extremely casual.
>>
>>54203166
>>54203217
Specifically, I'm looking for the best boros colored monarch cards.
>>
>>54203296
Palace jailer and Skyline Despot ain't bad
>>
>>54202531
>Thread question
I've been casting My commander off of shit like as foretold and dream halls, is that wrong? Is so, why?
>>
>>54203317
Also I do still pay tax tho
>>
>>54203332
You'd be correct. These cards only negate the physical card's mana cost, other payments like tax would still be applied.

Kind of similar to how Thalia adds a cost to force of will.
>>
>>54202925
Implying there is new ixalan stuff to reveal after the leaks.
>>
Finally got an Academy Ruins to ruin the lives of anyone that plays against my Sydri deck. Now I just want to pull a Bolas tomorrow for either a new Grixis deck or my Progenitus deck.

Any hopes for HOU cards you're hoping for at the prerelease?
>>
>>54203560
It has 279 cards, they revealed 1 (ONE) foil sheet, and even then you can't read most.
>>
>>54203594
>Any hopes for HOU cards you're hoping for at the prerelease?
I'm planning on doing a Scarab God deck, but I'd build a deck with any god I can pull first.
>>
>>54203594
not really. probably scarab or locust god or nicol bolas. otherwise an invocation.

what are the good sealed colors this time?
>>
I cannot stop playing a deck with white in it, which is the un-whitest deck there is?
>>
>>54203778
Yidris?
>>
>>54203166
The only Monarch cards I would consider playing are:
>Custodi Lich
>Keeper of Keys
>Knights of the Black Rose
>Marchesa's Decree
>Queen Marchesa
>Regal Behemoth
>Skyline Despot
>Throne of the High City

And that's scraping the bottom of the barrel. The only one I've actually ever bothered to play is Custodi Lich.
>>
>new thread when the old one is still alive
why would you do this?
>shitty thread question
>shitty edition
dude just stop
>>
File: Helpless and Powerless.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Helpless and Powerless.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>>54203865
>Regal Behemoth
seems soooo good (for causal) on paper and works soooooo poorly in practice
>>
>>54203928
You actually wait for a thread to die to make another general?
You need to understand about bumplimit before talking shit.
>>
>>54203969
He's been finding shit to bitch about for the past couple threads.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>54202531
>thread question
But you already may play them with alternate costs and it does add the 2 mana tax each time.

You can play Akroma as a morph from the command zone.
>>
>>54203969
yes thats how its worked for like a year now, no need to create a new thread when the other one is still active
>>
>>54204026
>worked for like a year now
Kek.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 312x445px
>>54204015
And you can also use alternate costs like Dream Halls and they'll still require the 2 mana tax per death. Pretty good if your general is very expensive like Progenitus. Someone had the rules mixed up if they weren't allowing alternate costs for generals.
>>
>>54203969
>this autismo factory so desperate to make the OP that includes his discord link that he consistently makes shit editions
Look man, I don't care either way, but you're a horrible OP. I wish legendary Ruric Thar OP would come back and take over thread duties. After the alter scourge tried to take over, he swiftly kicked those bitches to the curb and should do the same with you.
>>
Aetherborn tribal for commander 2017
>>
>>54204052
I'm not OP, retard.
If you're so triggered about a shitty link nobody reads, go back to the old thread and keep posting there.
>>
>>54204052
>projecting his hate of the discord link this hard
this is some 4d psychosis here
>>
>ordered a foil trostani
>preordered all gods + razaketh
>ordered a niv-mizzet
>ordered teysa, orzhov scion
>no idea what to build first

Help
>>
>>54204015
I worded it poorly but abilities like Suspend and Ninjutsu that act as alternate casting costs but require being cast from the hand as per their rules. You could probably lump in things like Phage's triggered ability into the discussion as well.

Basically, aside from tax, should casting a Commander, for all intents and purposes, be seen as being cast from the hand?
>>
>>54204243
>all gods, including locust AND niv
Huh
>>
>>54204015
>>54204043
I'm assuming they mean alternate costs that don't actually cast the creature, like Suspend or Ninjutsu. Basically "what if there were a functional errata saying 'hand or command zone' on these abilities".
>>
>>54204271
im sure locust is good in niv and viceversa
>>
>>54204277
locust would be good in the 99 for niv, but niv for locust would depend on which niv.
also I thought it was implied that each ordered card would be the helm of a deck
>>
>>54204151
I checked mine, they had a couple of the 2016 decks in the 29.99 packs, but I passed on them, wasn't Breya or Atraxa.

Just bring up mtggoldfish on your phone and check the decklists, they have the prices for the whole deck.
>>
>>54202531
The only LGS in the city that doesn't loudly proclaim that Commander is cancer and needs to die is getting closed because jealous bitches pestered WotC with "reports" until they lost the WPN.

My interest in C17 greatly diminished.
>>
>>54204407
depends on what you want to play really. You are very late and C16 is at the end of its cycle soon to be replaced by C17, maybe you should wait for c17
>>
>>54202856
They release the decklists a week before release because if you don't pre-order blind like a good goy you desserve to deal with the scalpers.
>>
>>54203560
If this was 10 years ago, the commons could actually be the most powerful cards in the set.
But this is MaRo's NWO so yeah, we've seen all cards worth playing.
>>
>>54204097
>projecting
>using the words without understanding their meaning
as expected of discord retards.
The >>54204052 guy is right by the way, this is the weakest general in a while. Shit topic shit question.
>>
>>54203560
111~ out of almost 300 were leaked
>>
>>54204640
>be faggot
>post on 4 chan
>get upset over a discord link
>assume everyone who disagrees with you is your mortal enemy the discord link
this is textbook projection onto others
good job asshole
>>
>>54204640
>continues projecting while samefagging

Enjoy the (You)
>>
File: 1479628133926.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1479628133926.gif
2MB, 228x170px
Why does there even need to be a discord link? We're in a general on an image board that's DEDICATED to the discussion of EDH, let alone one of the consistently fastest moving threads on the board. What possible benefit can discord add other than flamboyant off topic faggotry?
>>
>>54204924
From what I understand, they use it to organize online games on Cockatrice/Xmage. I don't partake, but even I have a hard time seeing why people flip out at the mention of Discord.
>>
>>54203778
Latching on to this, I can't stop playing Grixis or some parts of it.
What's the least Grixis deck there is?
>>
>>54204954
Call me when they set up rooms on Forge too, though it seems their PvP is still trashy
>>
>>54204977
W/G

Tokens with Trostian
>>
>>54204770
We got the 54 rares and 15 mythics. All the commons and uncommons are unknown.
>>
>>54204977
Wouldn't hurt to ask, maybe any recs on the least X-slinging deck there is? I normally play spellslinging but going creature bound I have Animar built so idk.
>>
>>54204319
Yeah, I want to build a deck for every card I just ordered. I bought niv-mizzet, firemind so I guess I could combine locust + niv.
>>
>>54204954
From what I have seen from other discords in other generals, it encourages a namefag circle jerk. Considering the only good trip we have is GA, everything else is cancerous. If you make it so the discord and namefagging is unacceptable you can save a general from certain death.

I am sure for the other people hating on it it's the same way. Just equate discord with namefagging and you will probably see why people dislike it.
>>
File: Image (101).png (113KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (101).png
113KB, 223x311px
>Animar player think's he's safe from my B/W deck
No one escapes the Church of Deals
>>
>>54204977
Karametra, stax optional.
>>
>>54205083
>>54205008
>This happened while I was typing a response

Holy shit, need I say more?
Discord=Namefagging
>>
>>54205083
My issue lies with just namefaggotry. If they quit with the namefagging and trips and kept it in the Discord, we wouldn't have a problem. It's not that Discord = namefags, it's that namefags think just because they have a place to organize for games means they can keep their names here too.
>>
>>54205152
Discord would be fine if namefags kept their shit in the Discord and just for organizings games. But they don't. Namefags are inherently retarded and it's not the fault of Discord that namefags taint everything they touch.
>>
>>54204809
>Everyone I disagree with is samefagging.
you are just a moron after all
>>
>>54205185
Be honest with yourself here: Do you ever think they will stop?

I don't. It's in the nature of the kind of person that trips without purpose.
>>
>>54205255
Which means they'll do it, Discord or no. At least if it's in Discord they're not in the thread circle-jerking. The people who do so in the thread will do it regardless. The only solutions for a tripfag or a namefags is either a ban or a complete refusal to acknowledge their existence. Filtering them doesn't help because they'll still bother others.
>>
>>54205321
Yes, but the discord makes more of them. Which is why it has to be condemned. If you really want the info out there create a whole new thread, a "discord general" used to organize games of all types. Don't piggyback off our thread and kill it by slowly turning it into a tripfag circle jerk.
>>
>>54205321
https://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/tripcode/%21%21nMR3UaudcIW/
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/boards/a.cm.ic.sci.v.vg.y/tripcode/%20%21%21nMR3UaudcIW/
>all those posts
Yeah, discord or no, he's going to keep doing it.
>>
>>54205386
I'm not the one advocating for it, and personally I think it would be a good idea to have a separate thread dedicated to Discords or organizing games. It wouldn't have to be limited to EDH or MtG either, it could be used for online tabletop and wargames of all kinds.
>>
File: IMG_7581.jpg (92KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7581.jpg
92KB, 312x445px
Finally am getting out to a game store tomorrow. What are some staples I need to pick up for Feldon here?
>>
>>54205113
O U R G U Y
U
R
G
U
Y
>>
>>54205427
I second this question. I've been meaning to build Feldon for a while.

In response to you, anon, have this.
>>
File: IMG_0020.png (181KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.png
181KB, 394x500px
Why do people take shit in EDH so personally?

"Why did you kill me, I dindo nuthin "

It's like sure, you aren't a threat right now but I can kill you and taking you out now makes it easier to kill everyone else later in the game. Idk I find it kind of funny how butt hurt some people get.
>>
>>54205462
you can get the original hand back if you choose through right? because it was still removed with the card
>>
>>54205546
Yes. You can essentially swap between two different hands each turn.
>>
>>54204260
I wish that they worked and it definitely would not make Ith or Higure overpowered (not even close). Maybe it's a slippery slope but I would play against them if someone wanted to house rule it and it is a shame they don't work. Derevi is far more obscene than any suspend or ninjitsu card.
>>
>>54205534
>Why do people take shit in EDH so personally?
I have no idea, same shit with counterspells and bloodmoon
>how dare you stop me from doing what I want to do I just want to have fun!
nerds are the worst people on the planet, literal social outcasts with an inflated sense of intellect.
>>
>>54205565
holy shit
need one for my casual deck
>>
>>54205152
>mfw I only wanted to play online instead of 1v1 against the damn AI
Oh fuck off

>>54205427
Magus of the Wheel, those cards ain't gonna dump themselves into your grave alone.
>>
>>54204471
Do they have a strict "no EDH allowed" policy or something?
>>
>>54205571

I mean the try hard Elliot Rodgers that play Standard / Modern can be annoying but these autistic scrubs with all their made up rules for commander really piss me off. I had one guy start to cry and leave the store yesterday after I killed him.
>>
>>54205534
The easiest games to win are when you have slightly off start, people take pity leaving you aside and you just win out of nowhere since they forgot that you're the combo player.

Doesn't apply to legacy lite decks tho
>>
>>54205613
> I had one guy start to cry and leave the store yesterday after I killed him.
None of that happened and you know it. Especially the part where you killed him.
>>
>>54204407
Ty anon
>>
>>54205635

His eyes were clearly watering. He was butt blasted. Tried to get me to spare him and go after the other guy left in the game.
>>
>>54205427
goblin welder
Liqui-metal Coating probably isn't stable but it can work in conjunction w/ Welder to force sacrifice of permanents that Red usually can't touch (Enchantments/Indestructible/High Toughness Creatures)
>>
>>54205605
Some let you play but will not aknowledge you're there and move you away to other tables if they have to run a draft or something. Some will verbally abuse you until you leave.
The later are a retarded group of asshole store owners that blame us for Standard being shit and nobody wanting to play it.

The only other store that actively runs Commander events is almost exclusively 1v1 and literally three steps from the ghetto.
>>
>>54206015
Bizarre. I didn't know stores got so upset about which formats people play.
>>
>>54206015
Sounds like they hate money.
>>
>>54206266
>Sounds like they hate money
Anon, it actually sounds like the opposite, since EDH makes stores fuck all for money. I have only seen one monetization scheme that works, and it's really only good when you have a fuck ton of EDH players to start with.
>>
>>54206266
>>54206204
Standard and Draft make stores the most money. EDH players are largely very entrenched players who rarely buy product, and only occasionally buy singles, which the store will typically only be making a slight margin on. When they do buy product, it's precons that the store usually only gets in small quantities. EDH players also typically don't participate in tournaments, so they're not paying tournament entry fees either.

EDH players are not good customers, is the bottom line.
>>
what's the best artifact and enchantment removal in mardu. I want to make aggro but everyone ramps like stupid or pillowforts behind artifacts and enchantment.

I'll be running either helmsmasher or gender bender smiley face.
>>
>>54206421
well i see all of the edh players at my lgs paying money for cards. cause they need cards for their edh decks.

it's a pretty brilliant monetization scheme if you think a out it
>>
File: Image (12).png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (12).png
122KB, 223x311px
>>54206685
This is a real nut punch, I have been on the receiving end too many times to count.
>>
>>54204566
He wants simple commons, not underpowered ones specifically.

That said, commons could stand to be better on average.
>>
>>54206685
Wear//Tear, Tempest of Light, Patrician's Scorn, Vandalblast, Return to Dust, Serenity, Austere Command/Merciless Eviction, Akroma's Vengeance, Viashino Heretic, Duregar Hedge-Mage . . .
Devout Witness/Hammer mage is particularly good for the Tranny Warrior
>>
File: Image (102).jpg (33KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
Image (102).jpg
33KB, 310x223px
>>54206685
Often overlooked Sunforger Target here. Gets through indestructible and can also function as a combo disruptor by either removing a key piece or forcing them to shuffle.
>>
>>54206708
That's neat and all, but most EDH players I know (myself included) don't buy that many singles, and never buy packs. If you buy less than 20$ worth of cards every time a new set comes out, they are going to kick you out to use your space for people that pay. Drafters, tournaments, etc.

To keep my LGS alive I just buy duals and other cards I am concerned about counterfitting with. Expensive shit I want to inspect in person with a loupe, and not having to worry about damage during shipping. Even then, they still don't have all the expensive old shit I need. It would be hard to find a place that can actually keep that kind of inventory in stock.

You are probably trolling anyway, but on the off chance you aren't you need to realize that you are spending fuck all.
>>
>>54206746
>He wants simple commons, not underpowered ones specifically.
Rethoric is the oldest trick in the salesman's book.
>>
>>54207005
I mainly support by LGS by drinking at their bar during EDH matches. I think I'm kind spoiled though, doubt that's a common thing to find in most shops.
>>
>>54207107
It is, liquor licenses are expensive, and in addition to that you have even more shit to deal with if food and beverage sales are too high of a % of your total sales.

But that would definitely be a baller way to monetize players if you can break through the associated costs.
>>
File: shiny chariot.png (2MB, 1182x1746px) Image search: [Google]
shiny chariot.png
2MB, 1182x1746px
What commander best represents Shiny Chariot?
>>
I think I just had my longest EDH game ever

>Start with Breya, Zedruu, Maelstrom, Oloro and Queen Marchesa
>I make Zedruu and Maelstrom ally with me against Oloro and Breya (the most OP decks on the table)
>Oloro is landflooded and Breya almost deplys the whole combo, making me almost die from creature damage
>Zedruu plays Possibility Storm
>Oloro plays a sorcery that turns into a Merciless Eviction, exiling all creatures
>I manage to play a stony silence to block Breya
>I make Maelstrom player kill Oloro
>Breya concedes
>Maelstrom scoops (my gf was tired of playing already)
>After a long while Zedruu kills me and gains massive life

I could almost write a movie script from that match.
>>
>>54206846
Good choice. Tucking is almost always better than destroying.
>>
>>54207304
OK, this is bait but I'll bite anyway. You want an inspiring, possibly theatrical Wizard type, preferably of the waifuable female persuasion.

Your best choices are probably Azami (Best Wizard tribal commander, lets your other wizards do great things), or Blue Braids (Makes big stuff happen for everyone). You could also go with Uyo, Kaho, Rayne, or MAYBE Maralen if you feel like they've got something the first two don't. Of the three, Rayne is shit but the fact she's an Academy Chancellor might count for something, Kaho does tutor/combo spellcraft, and Uyo makes more magic happen. Maralen gives everybody the heart of the cards to draw whatever they need, which could seem really good, but she also locks down other draw, costs life, and leaves you in mono black.
>>
>>54207908
jesus christ dude
>>
>>54207908
Thanks I think I'll look into Kaho or Uyo
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
A friend got a copy of Kozilek 2.0 and suggested a house ruling where you can ignore the color identity of lands, artifacts that only produce mana, Eldrazi, and Devoid cards as long as your commander is an Eldrazi. I own two copies of Ulamog 2.0 myself.

Thoughts?
>>
>>54208108
Sounds very flavorful! I'd say give it a shot. Kozilek control could be fun.
>>
>>54208108
sounds fine to me as far as houserules go
>>
>>54206846
Seek could really fuck with anybody running eldrazi. WB: gain 15 life
>>
>>54208108
Worth trying, mite b cool
>>
>>54208108
>Kozilek shows up
>distorts the rules
I like it
>>
File: 136623_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
136623_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
is there any dumb way i can combo multiple taps with this? or sac/bounce and play again?
>>
>>54208271
Best I can figure it you want a Krosan Restorer, Intruder Alarm, and Presence of Gond but that's already an infinite without Encampment.
>>
>>54208271
but why?
>>
>>54208271
isnt there a green creature in HOU that allows you to untap lands?
>>
>>54208108
Sounds like its super duper fun, I'm going to build that deck. Sounds like a fantastic idea.
>>
>>54208271
There is no good way to do it. Even with Umbral Mantle and untap effects, anything that goes infinite with this card is already infinite.
>>
>>54203928
It's the discord fag making them early so he can shill his server.
>>
>>54204471
Sounds like someone doesn't know how to run a business and payed for it. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>54208618
What is even the appeal of discord? It comes across to me as just TS for young memers. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just I imagine most people here aren't teenagers.
>>
>>54208666
This. I assume it's just some place for a bunch of young kids to make friends and I'd rather not encourage it. If you're only discussing magic, cool beans. Anything else is just masturbatory and unneeded.
>>
>>54208658
They're not closing for lack of money they just got tired of the corrupt asshole we have for a WPN zone manager taking away their WPN and now harassing distributors not to sell them products. They're liquidating the /tg/ product they have to make room for an esports bar.
>>
File: null brooch.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
null brooch.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54206711
Use pic related if your colors can't reliably take it down. It's not particularly difficult.
>>
>>54208829
Jesus I'm going to run that in my rakdos reanimator deck. Why haven't I heard of this? Anything else I may not know about?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 759x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 759x1009px
>>54202531
>>
>>54209088
That price is too high
>>
>>54209088
Beautiful. Hoping for the same luck- but knowing me, I'll get Oketra's for each prerelease I go to.

at least Rhonas's is playable in standard.
>>
>>54209141
Even if you get oketras, atleast it is not hazorets.
>>
>>54209152
funny thing is, i can actually play hazoret's in my vial smasher deck because it's awesome there unless i hit all lands. Oketra's is just useless.
>>
File: Decimator-Beetle.jpg (29KB, 205x294px) Image search: [Google]
Decimator-Beetle.jpg
29KB, 205x294px
These amonkhet cards are confusing me, if I have no other creatures, do I put the -1/-1 on this creature or on nothing at all, or can I not cast it without another creature?
>>
>>54209186
Eh fair enough. Good luck on the prereleases!
>>
>>54209202
If you control no other creatures when it enters the battlefield you place the counter on it.
>>
>>54209106
what? its 3$
>>
>>54209229
not him, I think he meant the exerted lands after casting it.
>>
>>54209216
Yeah thats what i figured looking at the card stats, thanks.
>>
File: Burnt offering.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Burnt offering.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54208872
This one is quite useful in my deck. I don't know how much it would help you.
>>
>>54209443
Sneak Attack -> Something HUGE -> swing -> offering
>>
>>54209443
there's also Sacrifice
>>
>>54209443
An insane amount. Wow, it goes with literally everything I want to do and it doesn't cost me any life. Blade of selves and cloning effects like kikijiki and flamerush rider just got way better. I can even steal my opponents creatures and sac them for mana.
>>
>>54209229
I mean the mana cost. This is a budget Damnation in $$$ cost.
>>
>>54209903
Depends on the build. For mono black or stone-heavy decks it costs nothing. It's more comparable to Toxic Deluge than Damnation. Situational but awesome whenever you can get away with it.
>>
I just drafted up my first EDH deck: monoblack discard.

Can anybody who's got some more experience with the format let me know if I've made any particularly stupid mistakes?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mindraker/
>>
>>54205422
Game finder general is a thing, they are just lazy twats who want baited you's or more traffic in their server.
>>
>>54205534
Ile be honest, I get salty when I'm the first knocked out first several times in a row regardless of my deck. (Kelemne, Atraxa, bruna light of alabaster)
>>
>>54210076
while its fun to make a build over a certain archetype, discard in general doesnt wrok that well in edh, mainly because you play free for all 4 players.

Your best bet is some form of self discard or mill for graveyard recursion
>>
>>54210076
good for duel commander, bad for 4 players commander. Gets too much 'targeted' without red. You waste things like Dragon Mage.
>>
>>54210314
ill agree with this anon
the perfect discard deck would be some r/b reanimator variant that utilizes hellbent or cards that are similar.
not sure who else aside from Neheb currently
>>
>>54210334
Maybe Sedris, add Blue to the mix, Unearth with a discard theme?
>>
>>54210458
eh might as well run nekusar at that point
>>
>>54210076
Blade of Selves + Thoughtrender Lamia makes your opponents mill 6 each on declaration of attack
>>
>>54210555
>mill
sorry i meant discard
>>
File: Void Winnower.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Void Winnower.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>54206711
>>54208829
I just remembered that this card exists, by the way. It's another way to avoid the eviction.
>>
>>54204566
Out of curiosity, can you provide an example of a common being the most powerful card in a set? It's not that I don't believe you, but I want some solid proof.
>>
File: styles1.png (1MB, 1019x579px) Image search: [Google]
styles1.png
1MB, 1019x579px
>>54205113
>No one escapes the Church of Deals
Dis nigga came to play!
>>
File: Image (103).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (103).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54210860
>>
File: No.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
>>54205113
>>
>>54205534
There's probably salt involved but I think it's partially a (kinda weak) politics play. Like a subtle hint that killing them first was not the correct move and maybe you shouldn't do it next time kind of thing, regardless of whether or not it was.
>>
>>54211053
>countering a 3 drop
>a creature no less
>in B/W
>>
>>54211048
"Ask and thou shalt receive." Can't argue against Gary.
>>
File: índice.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>54211082
>leaving a threat go unanswered
>>
>>54211160
My post was meant to convey that using Counterspell to send a 3 CMC creature to the graveyard instead of battlefield is hardly a setback for W/B and, in fact, will most likely put a greater strain on your resources instead of theirs. You could have at least posted Reality Shift.
>>
File: Caged.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Caged.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>54211249
>using your graveyard
>ever
>>
File: 1487508428895.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487508428895.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>Tfw HOU
>Tfw Solemnity + Phyrexian Unlife
>Mfw Pseudo Immortality will never feel so good.
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I want to build a deck around this thing. I'm unsure of the route to take.
>>
File: 1485745960547.gif (388KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1485745960547.gif
388KB, 500x382px
>>54211351
>threatening White with an artifact
>>
>>54211351
Phyrexian Reclamation
>>
Looking to make my saskia build a tribal deck. Should I go with either soldier or human support or should I mix the two? I feel like there's enough crossover with the two tribes to go with both but I'm not sure.
>>
>>54211590
Infect tribal
>>
Heya /tg/ Is there a good COMPETITIVE mono red commander or is that a big long fat pipe dream? I played my Feldon a few times tonight and it got turbo crushed, should I bother rebuilding it or do something else all together?
>>
>>54211639
Daretti stax
>>
>>54210860
Hymn to Tourach, Force of Will, Wasteland (arguable), Sensei's Divining Top.
Delver of Secrets seriously competes with Liliana of the Veil and Snapcaster Mage. I bet if they had known what they were printing they'd made him mythic.
>>
>>54211590
Slivers.
She's a better Sliver commander than either Sliver lord even if losing Crystaline, Wing and NuWing is super painful.
>>
>>54211602
Already covered with triumph of the hordes. Also like the entire table not targeting me. Infect can't be left unchecked.

>>54211669
This. He's the only commander that comes to mind at the moment.
>>
>>54211639
Daretti is the best competitive red commander. The problem is there's too much red just can't do. If you add in one color you have Ruric Thar, Mizzix, and Grenzo, Dungeon Warden. Boros is shit.
>>
>>54210009
>Bontu's Last Reckoning
>It's more comparable to Toxic Deluge

Funny thing, I've actually been debating between them for Scarab God. Toxic is objectivley the better card and I could fire it at X=3 to clear chaff without messing up my Eternals. But there's something about the unrestricted kill-it-all that makes me smile, the lore is deep, and I could pull the fucker when I go to prerelease on sunday. I guess whether I do or don't will be a sizable push since Toxic isn't what you'd usually call an expensive card so why not, but they do feel like they approach the same slot in somewhat different ways.
>>
>>54211639
Purphoros can work, just barely.
>>
>>54209088
Why would you care about a 3 mana wrath with a large downside when you can cast actual wrath on T2?
>>
>>54211639
Pimp Daddy Purph is capable of absolutely facefucking people... if left alone. And we all know that will never happen.
>>
>>54211689
You're right her effect would go great with slivers but I have no slivers and I already play against someone running 5c slivers.
>>
>>54210076
Best discard engines in EDH are Bottomless Pit, Necrogen Mists, Words of Waste, and Warped Devotion in UB. Gibbering Descent and Cuning LEthemancer are close. You've at least got that down.

You're going to hit problems, though, because discard alone isn't going to cripple your opponents: even the best tools for the job are just too slow. What you need is a Tax Package

Step 1) You are making all hands toxic... so dump your own as fast as possible. You want a low fucking curve. 3.0 or under is a nice target, if you don't quite make it that's OK. You also want to be ramping like a motherfucker. I want to see ALL THE MANA ROCKS, anon

2) Hands will be made toxic, so keep your opponents from getting cards out of theirs. Typically, you can do this by going right for where it hurts: hit them in their untap step and mana base. Winter orb is good. Static orb is good. Tangle Wire? Surprisingly effective with a couple other pieces. You can also throw taxers like Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, and Trinisphere if you listened to my first point and got yourself all the ramp, so you can pay while their development gets slowed to a crawl. There are some real high roller cards that are great for this, but start with the basics

3) Hands are toxic, but you need to mop up whatever got to the board. Best took for this is Smokestack, since it will chew away all permanents, land included. Again, an explosive development is an important part of playing this right, you need to be ahead on permanents so you can kneecap your opponents and stomp them down to 0 permanents while still retaining something for yourself.

In short, you need to morph into a Stax deck. But Frankly, you wanted to play Discard, it's not really that different: both strategies rely on running the other players out of resources and leaving them crippled and unable to fight back, and the Discard you're starting with can be a big component of a broader Stax plan.
>>
>>54205083
This discord is actually ok since there's no mods

but yea I joined that other edh discord and everyone was faggots
>>
>>54209202
I'm not a rules expert by any means, but the word that you are looking for that seems to be confusing to you is "another" in the phrase "on target creature". If it was "put a -1/-1 counter on another target creature" it would exclude the beatle; however, it simply says place a counter on a creature. The beatle enters the battlefield, the trigger goes on the stack, and you choose your target. If your only legal target is the beatle, then you choose the beatle.

I don't think they word cards with "another" in such a way to preclude their castability unless they also use the phrase "as an additional cost to cast".

Hope that clears things up for you in the future.
>>
>>54208123
>>54208166
>>54208218
>>54208256

>reasonable supportive comments

guys?
>>
finally took the first steps to building the locust god
what deck are you building anon? and what cards have you bought?
>>
>>54212390
Fuck you, fucking faggot, having fun with his fucking houserules, get cucked.

There, is that better?
>>
>>54212489
Selvala, because I accidentally bought a Sunpetal Grove instead of a Prairie Stream.
>>
File: 1400990052966.png (610KB, 802x630px) Image search: [Google]
1400990052966.png
610KB, 802x630px
>>54205571

>Atraxa player sees Blood Moon

Why are Atraxa players the biggest faggots?
>>
>>54212489

I am also /locust/ now.
>>
>>54212497
I just needed my daily dose ty
>>
>>54212489
>building?
GW Enchantress. Always loved that archetype.

>bought?
Terminus, Hallowed Burial, Song of the Dryads for against the new bs god cards .
>>
>>54212741

I just bought most of the pieces for bant enchantress superfriends, very excited to play it
>>
Do you think you need a lot of zombies for the scarab God to work or would it work to just do regular UB reanimator and not worry about creature types?
>>
>>54212935

Reanimator is probably better.
>>
>>54212943

Makes sense, early Jin-gitaxias is better than any zombie
>>
I just got a Jarad deck together, and having recently played it, it is playing very lopsided and messy. I feel like I am needing more lands, but what should I cut? What else should I swap out for other things? Any advice as appreciated.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rough-draft-of-jarad/
>>
>>54212613
Because bravery and self-confidence are red.
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (691KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
691KB, 1080x1920px
Looking to make this my commander, any suggestions?
>>
>>54213158
Nice pull, wheel tribal, run all the wheels
>>
>>54210154
>Damia
>words of waste / waste not
>Jace's archivist
>geth's grimoire
>archfiend of ifnir
>>
Anything spicy I should play in Ezuri Elves?
>>
Managed to open The Scarab as my promo and The Scorpion in my prize packs. How did your midnight events go?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 200x285px
>>54213668
>take friend to his first prerelease
>friend pulls promo God Pharaoh
>thinks it's the best promo
>little does he know I pulled the best promo
>pic related

he also pulled another God Paraoh in his packsand he didn't play both
>>
>>54211702
Tainted Strike should be in as well for instant double kills with Sun Forger
>>
So prior to the 1v1 commander on mtgo becoming a league, I had tons of fun playing commander.

Then the changes happened and now its the most boring shit I have ever played with every game being relentlessly boring or just mono blue counter spells the deck.

I miss the fast mana, since you know, you could have fun going from 0 mana to actually playing the game and fucking over blue decks.

Nowadays its literally oh they have 2 blue open, cool, no point playing a spell ever. Counter, counter, counter, bounce, counter, counter, bounce, counter.

Oh boy sure am having fun.
>>
>>54213969
1v1 commander on mtgo is the absolute worst experience I've ever had in magic. Casual play is still fine on it.
>>
>>54213969
>Supporting mtgo
You deserve everything you get
>>
>>54213969
Online is cancer but they unbanned Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, etc from multiplayer on wednesday.
>>
>>54204525
Is this a legitimate problem? I never got any problem with that around here. Usually buy one precon of interest and when the next year's product is ready to roll out I find big deals on the last precons. Last month I got all C16 in a bundle for 40% their original retail price.
>>
>>54204804
Projecting is like when you call someone a fat virgin trying to insult him while being one yourself. What you're dealing with is a defensive and insecure person.
>>
>>54204954
I'm not sure about /edh/, but being on discords from /vg/ made me want to gouge my eyes out.
>>
>>54212996
Why would you pkay jarad? He sucks ass. Just play meren instead, it is much better.
>>
>>54214416
lmao literally commando_awesome.jpg
>>
>>54205321
>Filtering them doesn't help because they'll still bother others.
Others should step up and use the filter then.
>>
>>54205534
Most edh players want to play it casually, so removing them completely from the game generates an absurd amount of salt. It's why infect is so frowned upon in this format.
>>
>>54205671
Sounds like it was you all along.
>>
I just cracked a scarab god as my prerelease promo, so now I'm totally sold on an idea I've been considering for a while. Please give me your spiciest, secret-est tech for Phenax.
>>
>>54214531
Not to sound mean or anything, but kys
>>
>>54214333
Yes, and you were lucky most people can't find Breya or Atraxa without paying scalper prices. Specially the rather large non-American playerbase who don't get these products at big box stores.
>>
>building Kraj from scratch searching for creatures with activated abilities, +1/+1 counter synergies, untaps etc.
>end up with 180 or so playables
>cut all the boring stuff
>it's super combo-y but alright
>look up Kraj on edhrec
>my list is extremely stock
Impressed and disappointed.
>>
>>54211674
Force and top are uncommons.
>>
>>54214985
So is wasteland. People get confused by the pre-Exodus sets where all symbols were black.
>>
With HOU releasing, I guess it's time to retire my proxy Commander.

I might keep the tokens. I'm pretty fond of them. Almost feel bad clamping the little guys.
>>
>>54215335
I like the tokens
>>
>>54215335
>playing with proxies
poorfag
>>
>>54215381

>unreleased set
idiot
>>
>>54213969
>>54214017
You're playing 1v1 commander and you expect a good time?
>>
>>54215381
you almost got me with that b8
>>
>>54214531
You got eater of the dead?
>>
>>54214829
The dirty little secret with this format is that the vast majority of Legendaries have synergies that make the decks all build the same. People like to blame edhrec but it's just shining a light on the problem.
>>
pulled a promo neheb last night, how should i go about building him?
>>
So I have friends that have built the Scarab and Locust Gods and I would like make The Scorpion God my second deck.
The first two gods have real straight forward playstyles that lead right into wincons but Scorpion just gets card draw and a measly counter to place on a creature.

How do you win, specifically for multiplayer, with the scorpion god?

He feels the slowest and most grindy of the new three.
>>
>>54209088
>use manarocks to pay for this spell
>suddenly a whole lot bet---
>hahahaha NO.

that's a bad card, very bad card
>>
>>54215698
>Thinking wincons have to be attached to your commander

This is why I run song of the dryads
>>
File: 138.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>54215690
>big burn, especially "deal damage to each opponent", "damage equal to -something-" is a good bet in edh
>spell recursion; Shreds of Sanity, Anarchist, Recoup, whatever I'm forgetting
>extra combat step spells for extra Neheb triggers
>wheels, rituals
Although personally I would put him into Grenzo's 99.
>>
Is there any way of making Polukranos good in a casual environment? Any secret tech besides giving him deathtouch?

A semi-reliable wrath on a beatstick seems doable but everything I search is is just hydra tribal, I guess I'd want to run him in more of a voltron/control deck? Any ideas?
>>
>>54215874
Run things to make him indestructible. Darksteel Plate, Heroic Intervention, that sort of stuff. Find other Green boardwipe stuff. Bane of Progress, for example, or just run All is Dust/Nevvy's Disk. Green has great spot removal in Beast Within, can lock commander reliant strategies down with Lignify and Song of the Dryads, and can deal with creature decks with Ulvenwald Tracker, Somberwald Stag, and Setessan Tactics.
>>
>>54215335
Do you mind posting your list or at least few bombs/combos? Looking to build him when I get my hands on him, but not entirely sure where to take the deck. I'll be moving to him from UR storm because apparently my group doesn't find a turn 1 Paradox Engine fun to play against. Weirdos.

I assume it'd just be a bunch of wheels and tap to draw effects?
>>
>>54215791
make sense, what kinda stuff am i using this mana on? i was just going to put eldrazi in it.

on a side note im going to put him in nekusar too
>>
>He feels the slowest and most grindy of the new three.
>>54215698
I'm building this boi too. I'll let you know what I get. When I'm done I'll post in thread.
>>
>>54215922
Yeah that's a good idea, will let me wipe whatever I need without worry.

Tower Above from Shadowmoor seems like a nice fir as well; +4/+4, trample, forced block, but most importantly Wither, even letting me wipe indestructible things if needed. I've always focused so much on huge creatures I never realized how decent mono green control seems when you have room because of built in creature removal.

>Rain of Thorns
>Bramblecrush
>Creeping Mold
>Relic Crush
>Elephant Grass
>Primal Order
>Krosan Grip
>>
File: 128.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
128.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>54215998
Wheels, X-burns, extra combat steps all sink lots of mana.
>>
>>54212489
Scarab God, control shell.

Most important acquisitions so farare probably Cephalid Constable and Lich Lord of Unx, but the most expensive is no doubt the Land Equilibrium
>>
>>54212489
Building razaketh, I have most of the expensive cards I need, lotv and mikaeus for example and am only missing about 100€ worth of cards. and a foil razaketh.
>>
whats the biggest edh match you've played boys?

I once did an 11v11 match. It was fucking incredible and literally nobody knew what was going on.

Somehow both teams infinite combod at the same time on different ends of the table. Completely stupid match, but it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>54216412
6 players was the most ive ever done. was too many people imo, decided after that game i dont want to go over 5 people anymore cause the game took like 4 hours
>>
do spells copied by zada count as casted spells?
>>
>>54216647
No, copies are not "cast" and don't trigger anything that says "cast a spell." They're simply put on the stack and then resolve. The only exception I know of is Isochron Scepter because it specifically says "cast" the copy.
>>
>>54216412
Most I've ever done is 5. Always remember to break off the handle, no matter who it is.
>>
>>54216770
thanks m8
>>
>>54216412
Seven players. I played Nekusar, wheeled with Sangromancer out and gained about 100 life.
Then somebody played Arbiter of Knollridge. We decided to stop there
>>
Building Olivia Voldaren, should I skip the coat of arms/incubator/door? I imagine they give a considerable power boost to the deck, but also are seen as a threat and could lead to being focused harder.

Also any way to spam her ability?
>>
File: 1475806973333.gif (554KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1475806973333.gif
554KB, 295x221px
>>54216412
Seven players planechase EDH.

We got to my turn and the planar deck decided to reverse the turn order, giving the big ol' spike ramp player no chance to play turn 1 until it went all the way back around the table.

It was very satisfying.

He came back and shit out a bunch of lands and won anyway, but didn't stop bitching about it the whole time.
>>
is there way to build Lazav that isn't just mill or clone tribal?
>>
>>54217784
>won
>salty anyway
Sounds like your edh playgroup is one too large
In a 10 man game of planechase the planar deck somehow bounced around a player twice, fortunately this wasn't early in the game but unfortunately it was quite a bit into the game and turns were getting lengthy so they were reasonably upset and bored for a little while
>>
>>54217864
No? His ability doesn't just do much of anything interesting. Maybe you're looking for a different commander.
>>
File: 1475597063974.gif (2MB, 517x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475597063974.gif
2MB, 517x400px
>>54217864

I mean, you can build him UB goodstuff, but that pretty much goes back to mill. If you want to build a non-mill Dimir deck, don't build Lazav.

>>54217890
I don't like that guy anyway. He crushed on our commander league with an infinite combo thrasios deck just to prove that the points system / extended banlist was flawed instead of sitting down and enjoying it like everyone else.

But it wasn't at my house, and I didn't invite him.
>>
I have a question concerning rules and wording. If a card creates a copy of another card and the copy gets destroyed, does it enter the graveyard as the copied card or what happens?
>>
>>54217918
>the points system / extended banlist was flawed

How can you be mad at a person who followed your rules, despite your rules being shit? Either make better rules or live with the consequences.
>>
>>54217864
>>54217892
>>54217918

i mean every time you kill a creature with lazav out, he can become a copy of that creature. which is pretty cool. i dont think you need to build lots of mill effects

the question is when you say a "way to build" what do you mean there. if youre asking US to come up with YOUR special snowflake theme deck then fuck off. if you cant have fun playing with normal, good cards then its YOUR responsibility to come up with something more your liking
>>
>>54217982
Like if you cloned something with a death trigger? Yeah it goes off
>>
>>54218010
So I could use the effect of Reassembling Skeleton for example, even though its a copy?
>>
>>54218044
Nah, in graveyard it becomes the original dude, but if it's 'when x dies do y' it'll go off
>>
>>54217983
They weren't my rules and I won't disagree that they were bad. I'm just mad because I wanted to play EDH, but he came in and took 30 minutes to combo out with a mindslaver/tasigur lock so that he could get all the points ever.
>>
>>54217983
To be fair, points systems are always exploitable and house banlists will never stop all degeneracy, but the expectation is that people will sit down and have an interesting, enjoyable, comfily lengthy game of edh
In reality, some people just go out of their way to find the fastest most consistent way of winning that wasn't house ruled away BECAUSE the house rules exist
>>
>>54218074
>>54218098
I can see where ya'll are coming from. I am probably too spikey in this regard. I don't think I'd go so far as to mindslaver lock everyone for a half hour but I'd shortcut some combo loop and demonstrate the issues I see with the rules.
>>
>>54218074
You know, mindslaver locking the whole table sounds hilarious but at that point you could just stay at home and play against yourself.
>>
>>54218205
I'd be fine with it if he didn't take thirty whole minutes.
>>
>>54218253

usually when it becomes apparent somebody can infinitely mindslaver the table, everybody scoops, so why did it take 30 minutes?

i think a combo can sometimes take 30 minutes, and thats if its unclear whether they are going to fizzle or not, like they need to keep drawing the right things or they will fizzle. usually some kind of storm deck
>>
>>54218387
He was abusing the points system to get more points. One of the rules(the game was being run by my FLGS) was that you couldn't scoop to stop people from getting points.

It was the first round and nobody wanted to waste their entry fee on only getting to 'play' a single round of commander.
>>
>>54213158
Nice best one desu
>>
>>54218411
What a dick head.
>>
About the combo with Scarab god, can it be done with Peregrine (yeah I know about the lack of self protection etc.) instead of Palinchrone? I got pic related in pre foil for 8 yuros so might as well build him.
>>
>>54212489
Was considering building Nicol Bolas with a bunch of cards that mention him in flavor text and some creature bombs. For Creatures I've got Mindclaw Shaman, the HOU grixis gods, Inferno/Frost/Grave Titans and Crosis. Missing anything good for creatures?
>>
>>54218616
>>54218616

>the combo with scarab god and palinchron

which one is that?
>>
I'm teaching my little brother with Downs Syndrome how to play. What's the most entirely literally retarded deck I can give him?
>>
>>54218699
phyrexian delver with palinchrone and DEN. Eternalize delver, get Palin, untap as usual, eternalize DEN, blink palin for dat mana and win with labman I think it goes
>>
>>54218744
Palinchron and DEN is already infinite, what bullshit is this?
>>
>>54218767
because sometimes they are in grave before you could win
>>
>>54218800
That doesn't make it a combo
>>
>>54218845
re-combo attempt then if you will
>>
Are Nissa and Nicol planeswalker deck versions playable in EDH?

Last sets Tezz planeswalker has done some good things for me at more casual tables.
>>
>>54218860
>>54218845
>>54218800
>>54218767
>>54218744

i gotcha, similar to what i would do with sedris + buried alive, but trickier because eternalize exiles
>>
>>54218881

nissa nature's artisan is completely unplayable

nicol bolas the deceiver is better but i still dont think hes playable

tezz master of metal isnt great but hes a lot better than those 2 in edh
>>
>>54218948
Now i realized that with sedris you can at least try to protect the unearth'ed by closet and eternal just dies, since you can't process your own stuff
>>
>>54219007

>cant process your own stuff

not sure what you mean here but yeah, what i would do with sedris was buried alive putting palinchron, runescarred demon, and archaeomancer in the yard, unearth palinchron to make a bunch of mana, unearth runescarred demon to get ghostly flicker, flicker pali and demon (or anything else) to make more mana, then unearth archaeomancer getting back ghostly flicker, then i would make infinite mana by repeatedly flickering archaeomancer and palinchron

alternatively, with no buried alive, if i had corspe connoisseur in the yard and ghostly ficker (or displace) in hand, i would unearth connoisseur getting palinchron, unearth pali to make mana, flicker connoisseur and pali to make more and put archaeomancer in the yard, then uneartharcheomancer getting back flicker and going infinite, which would let me put all my creatures in the yard and unearth them all for massive damage
>>
>>54219254
When you eternalize with scarab from enemy GY you can use Eldrazi processors to bring them back to yard from exile
>>
File: 113563.full.jpg (50KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
113563.full.jpg
50KB, 200x278px
R8 this m8s
>>
>>54219344
It's fine, answers pretty much everything and can be flickered in response to save it iirc.
>>
File: vial smasher.jpg (210KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
vial smasher.jpg
210KB, 850x473px
can i play vial smasher like everythings random and chaotic and pretend i didn't mean to hit this or that opponent.

oops, sorry - the deck, basically?
>>
>>54219344
Reminds me of Silumgar in the sense that it sets the atmosphere where opponents don't want to play their important stuff out. I kinda like that.

>>54219377
>can be flickered in response to save it iirc.
Sure can. It has everything to do with the location of the colon in the ability of course. Tap is the cost, exile happens on resolve.
>>
>>54219377
>>54219422
I was thinking of using it death and taxes style and have it be a recurrable piece of removal.
>>
>>54219334

ohhhhhh that processing
>>
>>54219403

no thats against the rules
>>
>>54218678
Disciple of bolas is a pretty big one. Strong too.
>>
>>54219403
You could but a smart opponent won't leave you alive to 1v1. Realistically they will figure out after first loss that you're too strong to duel.
>>
>>54219559
riiiight, can't believe I forgot about that. Gonna play a few stealing effects too I guess, Slave of Bolas has amazing art so that's a good pick. I wanted to build a themed deck for a more casual playgroup, since my uni playgroup was way more competitive and now I'm just pubstomping EDH nights with friends.
>>
>>54218678
Augur of bolas?
>>
>>54218678
Rakka Mar.
>>
>>54219530
how
>>
>>54218728
green
>>
>>54212613
>Calls Atraxa players faggots
>Uses that picture

Kek. I don't play Atraxa but this has to be a demonstration of irony.
>>
Hurry, make a new thread!

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/1SUKd1x
>>
>>54218728
Krenko. Requires Addition (of goblins), subraction (Of your goblins from enemy life+defenses to make 0), and a corner case of multiplication (multiplying your goblins by 2), most cards are interchangable so just has to worry about the symbol matching to make stuff happen, which you aren't avoiding in M:tG since that's the core of the system. While you CAN play Krenko smarter if you just pick random cards in your hand to resolve you'll mostly fail forward, which I don't think I can say about other decks.

Plus, you won't have to throw the match TOO hard to let Krenko win now and again while teaching.
>>
>>54220117
>>54220117
>>54220117
>>54220117

NEW THREAD
>>
>>54211570
Tsabo was killed then eaten by Crovax or Ertai. Keep in mind she is half metal and around 9 feet long
>>
>>54220025
nice link nerd
>>
>>54218411
>Paying to play
>EDH tournaments
You deserve everything that happened to yo
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.