[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure this question has already been asked to death on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_1203.jpg (473KB, 990x1360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.jpg
473KB, 990x1360px
I'm sure this question has already been asked to death on here but what systems would y'all suggest to try and capture the feeling of the Fate/ universe whether it's Masters and Servants or people taking on the characteristics of Servants themselves?

I'd imagine the go to would be 5e but I'm not too familiar with modifying existing systems yet so I wanted to know what advice/suggestions others might have
>>
>>54189244
>5e
ha ha what the fuck

You want something more generic. >obligatory GURPS suggestion
>>
>>54189244
Uhhhhh. The only thing that comes to mind for high powered crazy stuff in modern setting with less powerful people pairing up with the powerful ones would be to wait for scion 2e and then hack the shit out of it
>>
I've tried running an experimental system and honestly it's hard as fuck. Having players controlling both masters and servants makes it hard for them to rp two different beings at the same time, having them play only one of the roles makes it too much arbitrary for the DM, having couples of players doing each one of the roles seems like the best idea, but... It's still really difficult.
Go for a generic system, be strict on the level of magic allowed, make an adaptation of the HGW system rather than just transposing its rules.
But mostly, good fucking luck.
>>
My go-to systems are FATE and GURPS, depending on whether we want to play something simulationist or something more narrative and possibly lighter. Either of the two would work.
>>
>>54189244

Beating FATE into shape would probably work though you'd end up making up a lot of shit as you go along. I've heard arguments for Wild Talents also, but that's a very fiddly, crunchy system - you end up with hard and fast numbers on things like "Excalibur has a range of exactly 5,000 feet - unless you take this one extra which means you can spend points to make it go more" so you have to get really in to all the details to very exacting circumstances or just accept the rules are gonna get in your way sometimes. I presume GURPS is a similar problem from how I've heard it described.

Or do like >>54189805 said and wait for the new edition of Scion and just bend it to shape.

For scenario stuff, best advice I've heard is having players portray both a Master and a Servant (but not their own) - that's a bit more workload for people but still fairly solid roles and maybe not doubling up in some scenes. The other thing is steal from /Apocrypha (anime airing now) and contrive a reason to do a 7 on 7 war so you are not immediately bogged down in a PVP slugfest or have to constantly deal with Servants giving each other the side-eye because per the rules you should be fighting (and even if not, odds servants are of compatible personalities normally seems slim) right out the gate.
>>
>>54189244
>fate
why are newfags so obssessed with this? battle royales are insanely hard to translate into a TRPG format. try reading the rest of the nasuverse and do a campaign based off of that instead. tsukihime and kara no kyokai are great basises for that, not fucking fateshit
>>
>>54190792
Because it's popular. Fallout and Pokemon don't make good campaigns either but look how many people want to play a tabletop game in those settings.
>>
>>54194205
Fallout is fine because you can make an openworld game more or less in the setting and work fine. Hell, the games even have RPG mechanics ripped straight from GURPS. Pokemon is a harder case to make, but that's more of a "dude let's make this RPG from my childhood into a system" like the LoZ system. But the Nasuverse CAN work in a TRPG, but people just don't because Fate is all normies know
>>
>>54194244
>>54190792
Well to be perfectly honest it's because the Fate Mobile game dropped recently and my group of friends are just talking a lot about it right now
>>
>>54194306

Grand Order actually has a decent set up for a campaign too - you travel history unfucking "grail wars" which shouldn't exist. Just slot in the PCs as more than 1 mage who survived the Chaldea dust-up and summoned some servants and roll with ti.
>>
File: Fgn28xB[1].jpg (888KB, 1647x788px) Image search: [Google]
Fgn28xB[1].jpg
888KB, 1647x788px
>>54189244
Oh hey cool it's the next Nasuthread I was gonna make once but I wanted to cool it a bit after the last one hit bump limit

CAMPAIGN IDEA'S
SYSTEM IDEA'S
SERVANT/HEROIC SPIRIT IDEAS
MAGE FAMILY IDEAS
WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR WITH THE HOLY GRAIL?

>>54190792
>newfags

Fate threads are nothing new. And the answer is "Historical Figure Pokemon"
>>
>>54194402
>And the answer is "Historical Figure Pokemon"

I rolled Jeanne earlier today in the gacha - I will be happy probably for the rest of the week.
>>
File: all servants.jpg (2MB, 5000x2173px) Image search: [Google]
all servants.jpg
2MB, 5000x2173px
>>54190792

Apocrypha style would work too, with the DM being the enemy faction.
>>
File: 1498959036048.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498959036048.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>54194608
>>
>>54194688
>Siegfried has bonuses against dragon types
>Mordred, like Arthur, is a Dragon Type
>still getting his ass slapped

Sumanai
>>
>>54194608
but that's incredibly restrained and allows almost zero freedom for storytelling and worldbuiling.
>>54194402
you know someone is a newfag when they start talking about Fate rather than the Nasuverse
>>
>>54194402
I seriously want to play a game in the Nasuverse

I want to play as a group of Enforcers being sent after Dead Apostles, I want to get stomped on by an Ancestor, I want to meet Shiki (male), I want to do research at the Clocktower, I want to make a pseudo-grail war with my mates that gets invaded by outsiders, I want to be a heretic being hunted by the Church, I want to get a Sealing Designation, I want to hunt heretics for the Church, I want to cook curry, I want to be an alchemist of Atlas, I want to experiment on hydra husks, I want to meet an autistic sword, I want to become a Dead Apostle, I want to pass on my family's crest to a worthy heir through eugenics, I want to meet Dirty Re-
>>
File: gwhklogo1.png (746KB, 543x819px) Image search: [Google]
gwhklogo1.png
746KB, 543x819px
Definately go with a narrative system. In the the end, the less rules you actually need to implement the better. I ran a pretty successful Grail War Hong Kong game using a completely wrong system that worked well due to the players. It was initially planned to be Apocraphy style with 3 master/player pairs (6 players total) but after a pair of players dropped the duo pairs got to split screen time. Shuten got neglected a bit unfortunately. This game was set up in a series format for sessions with a general pace planned ahead of time and I believe having a projected beginning-climax-ending for the entire campaign is important. Make it important for characters to have flair.

>>54190412
Having people play a different master and servant is a great idea actually. It helps solve a lot of the balancing problems inherent in the setup.
>>
>>54194608
Wait a second, where's Chiron?
>>
>>54194838
>you know someone is a newfag when someone talks about the most wellknown aspect of a property rather than the niche shit only represented in VN's and an old SNES fightan game

/a/ go
>>
>>54195035

Chiron doesn't have a card in FGO yet. I'd bet there will be some tie-in to Apocrypha with that anime coming out which will round out the like handful of servants missing from that entry in the franchise into the game - probably with rate ups for the ones that are already.
>>
>>54189244
Exalted.
>>
>>54189244
Pic related or else Mutants & Masterminds, Valor, Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, or even Fate itself strangely enough.
>>
>>54195110
Well fuck, that's a shame, he's pretty awesome. I'd have assumed that all the already canon servants would have been in the game at this point. At least it means that they're being pretty generous with new characters, which is always fun and exciting.
>>
>>54195004
Get in the box.
>>
>>54190047
Side comment but I wish more games tried to have a simulationist bedrock with narrativist mechanics built on top of them.
>>
>>54195046
I'm sorry I'm not a newfag like yourself. Sounds like something like /r/Fate might be more your speed.
>>
OVA use fucking OVA for anything related to anime and stop asking this each week
>>
File: 1498986071470.jpg (381KB, 1280x797px) Image search: [Google]
1498986071470.jpg
381KB, 1280x797px
>>
>>54195271
OVA's mission statement is fucking impossible, no system will be the best for running every type of anime. That's like making a system for running books or movies. All it guarantees is weebshit.
>>
So how's the best way to differentiate servants and masters?

Should the players be active in trying to kill each other or should it be some form of alliance going on?
>>
Kamigakari actually has "Heroic Spirit" as a PC Race, as well as race + class choices to simulate almost everything Type Moon related, including MEoDP
>>
I have never understood why people get obsessed with the nasuverse. The grail wars are among the few things I find entertaining in that setting. People like different things, but I don't see any good hooks.
This is coming from a decade long f/a/ggot if that makes a difference.
>>54197917
I keep hearing about this, but I've yet to check it out.
>>
>>54196251
>154 cm
>42 kg

haha, holy shit
>>
>>54189244
Mutants and Masterminds might be able to do it.

Have a low PL sidekick as the Master, and make the main character the Servant.

Or, have a humanish person as the Master, and a Summon power for the Servant.
>>
Savage Worlds? Make Servants the maximum power tier and with some additional exp, graft your own noble phantasm system into it and have Masters begin as novices.
>>
>>54197681
>All it guarantees is weebshit
What is anime?
>>
>>54198076
Weebshit, but it's a bunch of DIFFERENT weebshit.

The same system isn't going to be as efficient as a more specific system at running fantasy, mecha, gunslinger, post-apocalyptic, and typical shonen battle shit.
>>
>>54198136
What is GURPS?
>>
>>54198152
>isn't going to be as efficient as a more specific system

Catch-all systems are a last resort and everybody fucking knows it.
>>
>>54198170
Yeah, it's better to shoehorn everything into DnD, 3.5 preferably
>>
>>54198152
I suspect OVA doesn't have 30 years worth of splats.

Also, while GURPS pays lip service to tropes of different genres by including "genre rules" that modify how the world works, it still remains a mainly simulationist system, which I personally despise.
>>
So what's the deal with Alters?
>>
>>54198813
"What if?" servants.
>>
>>54198879
Then why are they all evil versions of regular servants?
>>
>>54198885
A lot of those "What ifs" generally involve repressed anger or alternate perception, like Arthur being a tyrant
>>
>>54189244
I just want to summon the heroic spirit of chesty puller
>>
>>54199849
>"chesty" puller, Himmelmann, Simo Häyhä, Havildar Lachhiman Gurung and Claus von Stauffenberg are summoned for the holy war.

It involves less 1 on 1 battles and more tactical carpet bombing than ever before.
>>
>>54200123
Simo Hayha is a fucking meme and anyone who wants him outright deserves to get put in a gulag
>>
>>54200262
>impling that having him well known would't make him stronger as spirit.
>>
>>54200123
SOMEONE STAT THIS
MY NIGGA
>>
>>54200123
>Himmelmann
Forgive me anon but who?
>>
>>54200123
Assasin =claus?
Rider= red baron?
Berseker baron ungrum von Sternberg?
Archer: white death?
Saber : mad jack?
Lancer : Winston Churchill?
>>
>>54200262
I'd take Simo over yet another 'dude what if Hitler was a heroic spirit?'
>>
>>54200390
Good ideas all, but we're short a Caster.
>>
>>54200427
William Lyon Mackenzie King?
Rasputin?
>>
>>54200470
Maybe Patton?
WAIT HOLY SHIT I'VE GOT IT! OPPENHEIMER
>>
>all these faggots posting modern servants

Don't you know the cut off is basically 1930 unless you killed a god or something? Idiots
>>
>>54200544
It's fanfiction, we can do what we fucking like.
>>
>>54200544
Characters from modern times have actual records so they can't be asspulled gender bent and waifued
>>
>>54200544
>1930 cutoff
>EMIYA and Mash become find a way

What did he mean by this, /tg/?
>>
>>54200585
Dude, I'm not even him. I love the idea of servants from the 19th and 20th centuries.

But even I know that that's a stupid fucking argument when both EMIYAs are counter guardians and Mash is a demi-servant.
>>
>>54189244
>Literally any D&D or similair game.
>Instead of the servant classes use the names of the classes in the game.
>Add overpowered magic items.
>>
>>54200602
Servants, uh, find a way
>>
>>54200580
Yeah and neither do they have time to get enough REGEND

As much as I hate Simo and Hitler, they're good candidates for modern servants just because of the amount of ridiculous REGEND attached to them

Chesty Puller? US Armed forces wank, who gives a flying shit
>>
>>54200693
Fist of all the entire United States Marine Corps cares
Second of all are you so autistic about thus cool idea of a setting ruined by Jap's rules that they just threw out the window with the release of the mobile game that you have to burst in on some anons brainstorming and having fun to tell us we are wrong?
>>
>>54200806
The entire United States Marine Corps are a bunch of faggots who obsess over their own shit because every single unique though gets purged out with pointless marine corps historical trivia.

No one who actually matters cares.
>>
>>54200806
I can't quite place my finger on it, but you seem like a meathead racist. Well, don't be.
>>
>>54200693
They can't become heroic spirits because 1) not enough mystery and 2) guns take no skill in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>54200806
You mean the japs who made the setting and its rules?

Gee anon, did the marines teach you to be this retarded, or did you end up that way yourself?
>>
>>54200898
Hitler would only be eligible for caster and would have the fucking lance of Longinus as a magical staff

Simply because all the mystery comes from nazi ufos and high kraut magic
>>
>>54200828
Yeah japs was a bit much I just love history and myth so much that since it's clear they did do the research and should know better the fact they just threw accuracy casually out the window makes me irrationally mad>>54200903
>>
>>54200928
It's a different universe you retard, their historical figures and myths are different.
>>
>>54200806
Your entire purpose Marine is to soak up bullets so that the Army doesn't have to, that was why your branch was created, I hope you knew that trivia.
>>
Hey what if the anons who want to brainstorm 20th century heroic spirits can do so knowing it's not canon and never will be and the anons who don't want to do that talk about something else?
>>
>>54200919
>high kraut magic
>get completely bamboozled by one Hungarian magus with sub-par Circuits

>>54200982
Forum drama.
>>
>>54200928
Fate isn't about history. It's an urban fantasy setting where myths are true, including dragons. magic swords, and Herakles, Medea, and Medusa as heroic being summoned in the first story.

If you're gonna include a historical figure, it's gonna be based on those rumors and legends that got attached to them, like Mozart sold his soul to the devil to weave magic into his music.
>>
>>54200982
It seems that's actually happening, albeit the other topics seem to be racism and the infamous interservice rivalry of the US.
>>
>>54200996
Such is the nature of advanced kraut magecraft
>>
>>54194205
>Fallout doesn't make good campaigns
What? Fallout started out as a GURPS computer game.
>>
>>54189882
Do a round robin. Everyone makes a Servant and a Master, but then passes their Servant to the player sitting next to them for them to play.
>>
>>54201017
We seem to have stalled on a caster
Any ideas?
Ignore Hitler of course
Oppenheimer sound good?
How would we stat them
>>
Any one got any ideas for good avenger-eligible servants? I know they're edgy as hell, but I need one for a thing I'm doing
>>
>>54201060
The guy who tried to stop the My Lai Massacre
>>
>>54201060
From Greek Mythology
Medusa and the Gorgon sisters as the monsters. The Son of the King of Minos if you alter the interpretation. Grendel if you go by certain interpretations.
>>
>>54200951
Weren't they for boarding actions in sailing ships?
Are you thinking of the French Foreign Legion?
>>
>>54201100
Oops, Grendel is FAR from greek mythology. My bad.
>>
>>54201057
Oppenheimer sounds terrific for Caster. Einstein is an obvious choice, but maybe a little too on the nose. But ultimately I'd go with Max Planck. He effectively reshaped Alaya in a way none of the others did; he may not be he most famous, but he's the quintessential Caster of the 20th century.
>>
>>54201105
I was talking the modern iteration of the US Marines their purpose is bullet soaking, every essential personnel for actually fighting the war is in the Army. I'm not saying Marines are bitches by any stripe but they're unrestrained killers whereas the Army is more surgical and thoughtful in the way they operate.
>>
>>54201157
Interesting never heard of him
Being obscure could be an interesting character trait with him sick of being forgotten in favour if Einstein and Oppenheimer
>>
>>54201100
The minotaur?

He's already a servant as well, as it happens.
>>
>>54201183
It doesn't matter either way as the current working list excludes him. Any feedback/ ideas as an anon I assume is an army dude?
>>
>>54201197
He's the father of quantum theory.
>>
>>54201197
You've never heard the words Planck's Constant? it's quite literally at the center of any and all research into the nature of quantum physics.
>>54201237
I'm not an Army dude, I've just researched our military a lot, and have former Army family members. But feedback/ideas on what specifically? Modern military servants?
>>
>>54201252
I looked him up and he seems cool but since being heard of is part of the spirit requirement I think he's out Einstein could work though he hatred violence and not sure he would want to be a heroic spirits
>>
>>54201288
No I haven't I know a lot of history but jack about physics and yeah on the working list of memetic/ famous / archtypical twentieth century dudes preferably related to the world wars
>>
>>54201296
I've never heard of Diarmuid before he appeared on F/Z, and I think Max is less obscure than he is.
>>
>>54201331
Good point but he at least was part of a group and old.myth line one of the knight of round table even if individualy obscure can piggy back on the fame of other members
>>
>>54201327
MacArthur, Eisenhower, Teddy Roosevelt, are three off the top of my head, and Roosevelt would fit the Pre-1930 req.
>>
>>54189244

The only way I can think of this working is that the PCs are ALL the Master of one Servant. Like, maybe they're bastardized the ritual, so each PC has 1 Command Seal each.

Otherwise, battle royale games don't work. With PCs playing, you WILL have what is basically 6 boss fights, then it's the end of the campaign. God help you if you have more than one Master - Servant pairing.

Players don't care about acting to suit the plot. Players just want to win. They will go through your cast like a hot knife through butter.
>>
Why not use an ACTUAL magic-user as a caster for this instead of a scientist?
>>
>>54201479
That's why you make the players themeselves the cast Each a
of them plays a different unallied master.
>>
>>54201513

Great, so everyone can start stabbing each other in the back. I cannot see a game like that working as a tabletop game.
>>
>>54201496
People want 'modern' servants because it's the "normal snowflake" concept. When a setting is all ready full of crazy off the wall shit, snowflakes want to be the most non-special thing because being a special snowflake isn't about being special, it's about being as contrarian as you can be to the setting.
>>
>>54201496
Not a lot of magic users from 1900- 1950
>>54201466
Maybe swap white death with TR?
>>
>>54201538
Use Houdini. Run with Arthur Conan Doyle's pet theory that Houdini was actually psychic (mage in the nasuverse).

Also, the 100 years ago rule could be skirted if it means 100 years from the grail war taking place, just set the grail war with these servants in 2104.
>>
>>54194402
>MAGE FAMILY IDEAS
Atavism magecraft, reaching the Root by becoming an original human.

Thermodynamic magecraft, reaching the Root i dunno how. Maxwell's Demon as a Mystic Code, though.

Mind magecraft, reaching the Root by linking together a shitton of minds and using your mini-Alaya to get there.

Story magecraft, reaching the Root by becoming a modern Heroic Spirit?
>>
>>54198885
Because they're the bad what ifs. Lily types are good what ifs.
>>
>>54201576
That's actually a really good idea anon
Shall we take a vote?
Oppenheimer or Houdini?
I know we are anon I believe in the honor of elegan/tg/entlemen
>>
>>54201576
>>54201619
Go with a Houdini who is fucking furious he came back as a caster and is obsessed with debunking all the magic around him like that guy who hates witches in that one VN
>>
>>54190792
First off, good taste. To answer your question though, pretty sure a slight nod to WoD lets you play a nonFate Nasu RP.

Second, a system that successfully replicated Fate would allow for characters of disparate power levels to compete unfairly and would be great. A demigod versus a powerful human, where it's on the less powerful player to be tricky, know the rules, and not go in guns blazing. Accurate representations of Nasu magic and Servants next to humans.

Also Fate is super popular, like other anons have said. It's gonna trend.
>>
>>54201637
But...

He'd be a Caster.

How the hell could he become a Caster without knowing any magic?
>>
>>54201060
Benedict Arnold
>>
>>54201655
Myth and belief is more important than reality
>>
>>54201655
>>54201637
He's shaped by belief
This is the best idea Oppenheimer BTFO
>>
>>54201576
Could be an ESPer.
>>
So, in FGO late-game they introduce the concept of "Phantoms", basically fictional characters, urban legends and so on who aren't really heroic spirits on their own but if they fuse with other phantoms, actual heroic spirits or people they can become low-level servants in their own right, kind of similar to Sasaki.
>>
>>54201538
Alastair Crowley, Anton LaVey, and Gerald Gardner say hi.
>>
>>54201671
>>54201679
So does his new Heroic Spirit grant him magic knowledge? Or does he just do it automatically without understanding it? Does his use of it require his Master to be pushy to the point of threatening command seal use?
>>
>>54201655

>How the hell could he become a Caster without knowing any magic?

I dunno, ask Mozart, Shakespeare and Andersen.
>>
>>54201703
Yeah and that would be quite interesting
>>
1 GM and 2 players, one as Servant, one as Master
3rd player allowable if you can handle it, playing as either (though both weakened)
Ran in Mage the Awakening with the fluff ripped out
Servants get insane numbers of dots, gigantic defense (and make defense rolls against things not normally allowed, like guns and other high-speed projectiles), and huge resistance rolls against almost everything, and that's before adding some powers to make them unique (Servants with Magic Resistance ignore low-dot spells, for example)
Running in Mage makes the Masters pretty resilient, which I look at as a blessing for the purpose of keeping the game going. You can threaten them without them instantly melting, encouraging them to try more stuff then hiding in a bunker
Servant/Master banter is the core of the RP, and must be encouraged whenever possible
>>
>>54198003
Not to be the "Read the VN" guy, but Tsukihime is a great horror suspense story. Weird sex-magic aside, you have interesting vampire lore and powers, supernatural humans that are nowhere near superhero tier so they have to use their few advantages wisely, good action, fun characters.

Also the community has been around producing their own fannon, jokes, theories, and references so shit's staying. But I can see why you would not like it, or not like the fandom, or both, or some other option I'm not considering.

tl;dr: Fate rehashes aside there's good meat here.
>>
Please fire up those archives and post your favorite homebrew servants!
I know /tg/ has made quite a few.
>>
>>54200580
The writers for Fate disagree.
>>
>>54201748
I don't understand your answer.
>>
>>54201703
All of his magic should be Hamon style self buff mind over matter shit, and he should go around being a punch wizard like Bazette. Houdini was fucking fit as fuck, and knew how his body worked like a Yogi. He should also have a low rank presence concealment because Houdini was a master of misdirection
>>
>>54201538
Or have both of them?
>>
File: PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg (23KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
PEOPLE_DIE_IF_THEY_ARE_KILLED.jpg
23KB, 640x368px
>>54189244
>>
>>54201720
You know those rumors that X sold their soul for magical artistic expression? Those are true in the Nasuverse.

Also mages are always around in a secret community. Secret mages.

X was secretly a mage.
>>
>>54201839
A brawler wizard that makes use of misdirection and trickery in order to be able to go toe to toe with the other Servants? Sounds neat.

So, we've got 1 servant locked in for the early 20th century-themed grail war.

Caster: Houdini.

Which slot should we tackle next?
>>
>>54201885
Keep in mind that he says this in a setting where demigods are immortal and the most worthless ability is the ability to instantly kill someone.

(Normal) people die if they are killed.
>>
>>54201898

Rider, Amelia Earhart
>>
>>54201975
Slap a machine gun on her fucking plane and we're good to go
>>
>>54201975
>>54202013
Could factor in the theories and rumors surrounding her disappearance.

Would her NP be vanishing while piloting her plane?
>>
>>54201896
So Robert Johnson?
>>
>>54201898
>>54201975
Naw rider: red baron
>>
>>54202075
Or she has an invisible plane wonderwoman style.

Or she can turn ANYTHING into a flying machine. Car? Flies now. Boat? Same thing. Bike? Stop sign?
>>
>>54201898
Lancer: Winston Churchill
>>
>>54202118
Red Baron is indeed a strong contender. He'd probably be able to call on his squadron, which was nicknamed the Flying Circus due to the bright colors of the aircraft.

Let's put it to a vote. Red Baron or Amelia Earhart?

I'm leaning towards the Baron.
>>
>>54201520
With the amount of hidden information and prep time the GM needs, I think any PvP Grail Wars would be more suited to an online format (where they mostly interact with the DM alone, and very rarely other players) than anything at an ACTUAL table.
>>
File: Manfred_von_Richthofen.jpg (111KB, 499x711px) Image search: [Google]
Manfred_von_Richthofen.jpg
111KB, 499x711px
>>54202169
Also leaning Baron, just cant get any abilities out of Earhart

Riders also tend to be commanders so that suits Baron perfectly. a gentleman ace would also be moe.
>>
>>54202075
>>54202131

Her NP should either be her actual customized Lockheed Electra or the ability to treat any plane like it was hers - giving it enough endurance to ride around the world.

Disappearing should be a variant on Presence Concealment which only works in a plane.

Interestingly enough, in the case of the Electra, a lot of suggestions and improvements to the design were made by a student at university of michigan who was later hired by Lockheed and went on to be one of the main guys behind their Skunk Works.
>>
Coming up with a saber gonna be the hard part... Errol Flynn?
>>
>>54202164
Got a reasoning to back that up? I'm not as familiar with WC as I could be.
>>
>>54202169
Red Baron is remembered for calling back to ideal of knighthood if in the air while Amelia is mostly remembered for being a very talented female and disappearing
Gotta go red baron
Maybe his NP involves forcing an opponent into a reality marble where he is stuck in an air duel with the baron?
Calling in his squad just doesn't seem to fit his knighly field in air mystique
>>
>>54202242
Winston served in the twenty first lancers and got in one of the last real combats of lancers anywhere and it's hard to think of another lancer during this time range
>>
>>54201060
The finnish guy who had a shitty life.
>>
File: emiya shirou.jpg (41KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
emiya shirou.jpg
41KB, 600x675px
>>54201885
>>
>>54201060
Dreyfus?
>>
>>54202249
>>54202169

Yeah, let's not just make Red Baron iskander in the sky (but this time with more machine guns). One NP is his Fokker triplane itself (that's a key part of his legend) and then if he need something flashier air-duel-in-a-can RM would be neat.

Richthofen is a true Rider though - he was assigned to cavalry before aviation.
>>
>>54202249
Summoning your Lance squadron to do a drive-by is pretty Knightly desu senpai.

You can also have more than one NP. So maybe The Flying Circus of Skyborne Knights is his Anti-Army

His other phantasm could be something that forces his enemies to focus on him?
>>
>>54202169
hey don't leave Max Immelmann out.
>>
>>54202375
Yeah his triplane is almost invincible needs to be taken down from both air and ground together and then air duel in a can
>>
>>54202386
His plane does that
>>
>>54202331

That's a new one
>>
How do people feel about Baron Roman Nicolaus Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg as berserker?
>>
Alright, so it seems we've come to a consensus on the Rider Class Servant. The Red Baron, knight of the skies.

Caster: Houdini
Rider: Red Baron

Let's tackle another of the four non-knight classes. How about Berserker?
>>
>>54200513
I once statted an Oppenheimer Caster. He ha completely abysmal stats and abilities and couldn't even do basic magic, but his Noble Phantasm was a Nuke that could end the whole War by vaporizing the whole city it took place in
>>
>>54190792
People dont give a fuck about battle royale. They just want a master+servant game.
>newfags
Holy shit now im nuclear you stupid faggot fuck face
>>
>>54202290
>>54202164
Fuck Churchill. Shaka Zulu as either Lancer or Berserker.
>>
>>54189244
Anima would work pretty well for that. Bitch of a system to learn though. If anything a high level Ki tech or artifact would be a pretty decent way to make their noble phantasms
>>
>>54202510
>>54202564
Shaka Zulu fits the bill as berserker. He went mad after his mom died and began to issue insane commands and kill people for not showing enough grief. This was why he was assassinated.

He may not fit your time period if you want strictly 20th century though as he lived early 1800s
>>
>>54202604
Yeah, I believe the aim of this is servants who existed in the 1900-1950 period.
>>
>>54202510
Definitely Ungern-Sternberg
>>
>>54202486
>>54202658
His claim to the class?
>>
Lawrence of Arabia for lancer
>>
>>54202692
He was an insane bloodthirtsy warlord who tried to ressurect the Mongol Empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg
>>
ARCHER ODYSSEUS
>>
>>54202712
Lawrence used a polearm?
>>
>>54202735
Did he ever go berserk is the key.
>>
>>54202735
He was called the reincarnation of ghengis Khan and. A living war god
>>
>>54202771
He suffered bouts of insanity and recklessness due to alcoholism and brain damage from a sword wound
>>
>>54202788
>>54202881
Well a mad warlord of the era works, and I see no other suggestions or counterpoints.

Berserker: Ungern-Sterngberg

The final Calvary class is Assassin. Any good specialized killers active around that period?
>>
We could do Robert Cole for Lancer. He led a bayonet charge to take Carentan after D-Day. There's also Lewis Millett, who led the last bayonet charge in the Korean War I 1951.
>>
>>54202931

I mean, Mata Hari is a "canon" Assassin from that time period. I get we're being OG here, but that's a good starting point for thinking.
>>
>>54202931
Galvino princep?
Claus von Stauffenber?
Chtistopher Lee?
Jan Kubiš
Mari hari?
>>
>>54202931
Gavrilo Princip. Low physicals, insane luck.
>>
>>54202931
>Assassin

Fritz Dusquesne

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Joubert_Duquesne
>>
>>54203018
I once saw a Christopher Lee servant. His noble phantasm let him get the powers of various characters he played
>>
>>54203018
>>54203020
Thirding Gavrilo. He's the assassin who started World War I, that's gotta count for something.
>>
>>54203061
>>54203020

He has a conceptual bonus against [Nobility] type heroes.
>>
>>54202931
Gavrilo Princip.

Noble Phantasm: The Single Shot That Killed Seventeen Million
>>
>>54203053
I thought WW2 was too late otherwise totally fucking Christopher Lee

Otherwise, Ian Flemming or James Bond himself
>>
>>54203113
1890 ish to 2945 ish
>>
I am seeing a rather strong case for Gavrilo Princip, the assassin that started World War 1. A heroic spirit for whom everything lined up perfectly to create the one opening that allowed him to achieve his goal, and in doing so define the very course of history on a global scale like never before.

EX rank luck, perhaps?
>>
>>54203091

Luck A, gets a bonus based on how much more luck he has than the other guy.

Considering he started WWI purely based on 'Oh shit, I was going home to sulk and then my target literally stopped in front of me'
>>
>>54203138
Kek 1945
>>
>>54189244
The diceless Marvel Universe RPG System. It runs on resource management which is an overlying theme of Fate/
>>
>>54203138
>>54202931
BULLDOG DRUMMOND, THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT INSPIRED JAMES BOND

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulldog_Drummond

Alternatively, Galvino Princep as a nervous, neurotic nebbish if a character who still bumbles his way into being lethal, Pink Panther style
>>
>>54203104
I'd call it The Shot Heard Round The World, but Americans will get confused.
>>
>>54203219
>>54203146
>>54203104
This shot never misses, but also never hits the target at which it is aimed
>>
I'd rather hear more about what systems could actually support a game properly
>>
Princip it is. I can picture his Master being annoyed at his strange methods.

Assassin: Gavrilo Princip

And that's all four Calvary classes. What remains are the three Knight Classes. We've had recommendations for Lancer class pop up previously while discussing this, so let's start with Lancer. Despite the name, the actual class requirement is merely a "long-ranged melee weapon, such as a spear or lance." So it need not be a polearm-wielder specifically.
>>
>>54203219
The Shot Heard Round The World: With One Bullet Seventeen Million Are Killed
>>
>>54203219

>The Shot Heard Round The World

The first shot of the American Revolutionary War

Get wrecked Euro
>>
>>54203234
The shot will cause a chain of events that will inevitably lead to massive disater, depending on the target's Luck stat and on how important they are
>>
>>54203242
I already explained why I think Winston would be good but in open to ideas
>>
>>54203245
>>54203275
The shot has a really grand name but the effect is merely setting off a domino chain of events leading to the downfall or inconvenience of targets, rather than being a powerful attack.
>>
>>54203242
I like the idea of using Millett, if only so he can have the appellation "the last Lancer."
>>
>>54203242

Captain Davies of the Australian Light Horse would work for Saber. They were mounted infantry and won the last cavalry charge in history, charging machine guns with swords. Swords and Saber tends to have a level of Riding or two.
>>
>>54203298
>>54203347
So far, the only suggestions with solid reasoning for Lancer are Churchill and Millet. One a renowned leader of men, with great clout as a heroic spirit, the other what could be called the very last Lancer.

So again, a vote. Which would be the better Lancer?
>>
>>54198011
most fem servants are seriously short while most male servants are more reasonable height.
>karna is only 178cm
>fucking blackbeard is 210cm
>>
>>54200982
THe whole 20th thing is thrown out the window considering we have what 3 HS from the 20th century now? edison died in 1930s along with shuwen and tesla died in the early 40s.
I wouldn't mind say Alan turing he could hang out with babbage.
>>
>>54203599

I find it hilarious Medusa thinks she's so tall and she's like, at or just under my own height which in statistical terms is very average.
>>
>>54201896
Not true for shakespeare or anderson.
Mozart was just a guy who also moonlighted as a magi.
>>54203742
I'm over 10cm taller than medusa. hell my favorite caster tamamo is 163 so i could rest my chin on her head.
>>
>>54203665

I'd love to see Ned Kelly some day as a beserker or a very tanky archer. Black Iron Armour and his legend of being near unkillable would be fun there. Not quite as offensively terrifying as some beserkers but there is something to say about watching attacks just shatter on the opponent for ruining morale.

That and he's one of the few relatively modern people you can genuinely call a Legends, not just a cool historical guy.
>>
>>54203892
you aussie like me? Hell I have seen his helmet at a musuem, if grail wars were athing you could probably use it as his catalyst.
>>
>>54203540
Considering lack of response call it for Winston?
>>
>>54204010
Fair enough. He's got much more renown anyway.

So that makes

Archer: ???
Saber: ???

Interestingly, despite infantry battles during this time period mainly being fought with projectile weapons, I don't believe an archer has been suggested yet, so let's cover that class next. Who's a good fit? I've seen Simo Haya tossed around in a few threads.
>>
>>54203927

His skull was actually stolen several years ago and iirc, never turned up again. It's basically perfect for it.
>>
>>54204096
White death good idea
Any other famous snipwrs?
Mad jack Churchill was the last dude to get a long bow kill in ww II in fact
Admiral "close up conoly" was a bombardment guy which counts
>>
>>54204096
It's gotta be the White Death. Nobody would take any other Archer seriously.

>>54204239
Mad Jack is a better Saber.
>>
Lesley J. McNair?
>>
>>54204096
>>54204239
It has to be Hayha. Noble Phantasms are a Mosin with massive range (several miles) and something that gives him high Presence Concealment
>>
>>54204239
>>54204297
>>54204408
Yeah, I'd say that when it comes to projectile combatants, no one's got a kill-count as impressive as the White Death. He seems a good fit for the Independent Action skill as well. Maybe his NP could involve invoking some kind of snowstorm? I can see him being a very long range servant during battles, relocating between shots so the enemy can't zero in on his location and fight on his terms.

Archer: White Death
Saber: ???

This leaves the Saber class, consisting of powerful and agile melee warriors that wield swords.

Mad Jack Churchill did indeed fight with a sword in WW2, so he's a possibility. Is there any kind of sword wielder with more legend than that? If I recall, some Japanese officers took katanas with them, was any of them a notable individual?
>>
>>54194750
That isn't siegfried but fucking homunculus mary sue.
Fuck that guy.
He even turns into a dragon in the last part. And it made absolutely no sense.
I have given up on Fate.
>>
>>54204482
>If I recall, some Japanese officers took katanas with them, was any of them a notable individual?
Not that I'm aware of. Mad Jack was notable because he was the only guy who carried one on the Allied side; the Japanese also had swords but that meant nobody got famous for using one.
>>
>>54204711
>>54204482
This guy
"The first casualty inflicted by the British army in Europe during WWI occurred when Captain Charles Hornby of the 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards killed a German uhlan with his sabre. He did so when his troop charged some German cavalry near Casteau on the morning of August 22 1914. The cavalry's use of the sword became a memory once vehicles replaced horses, although records do exist of swords being used in combat by both axis and allied cavalry on the eastern front in world war two as well as by Japanese officers in the pacific"
>>
>>54204745
Hm. A first strike Noble Phantasm, maybe? A heroic spirit that represents the idea of the british soldier?
>>
>>54204870
And the innocence of those that went off to war? The last hurrah of old europe?
>>
>>54204951
>>54204870
Theme
https://youtu.be/FsynSgeo_Uo
>>
>>54200585
You are a fucking retard. Mash is a demi-servant and EMIYA is a Counter Force. Read the VN.
>>
>>54202551
Masters and Servants only exist in a HGW, which is by design a battle royale. Fuck off.
>>54201651
>pretty sure a slight nod to WoD lets you play a nonFate Nasu RP.
Exactly what was referring to.
>Also Fate is super popular
Which is why people gotta read the VN first and stop being secondaries if this conversation is to go anywhere.
>>
>>54205277
>Masters and Servants only exist in a HGW, which is by design a battle royale. Fuck off.
What about the Great Holy Grail War where two factions, one "of Red" and one "of Black"

Or Fate/GO's FATE syst..

Wait. You *only* read the VN and are calling people newfags. Right.
>>
>>54205360
I've read F/A you retard and have played F/GO. The problem F/A is that there are too many factors to consider...oh wait you are only watching the anime because you are a secondary. I see.

And F/GO is fanfic tier so I wouldn't even bother trying.
>>
>>54205277
I had an idea for a game where Kiritsugu dynamiting the leylines doesn't lead to an end of HGWs, but in Grail Events periodically occurring all over the world. The players are all caught in one of these Grail Events, and now are trying to stop them from happening.
>>
>>54205396
See now this is a good idea because the players are viewing the HGW from the outside rather than the inside. It leads to a cool dynamic between the players and DM where the Masters are a unpredictable third party. HGWs from the inside (with the PCs being Masters) is insanely hard to do and requires great prep and RPing on both sides and is honestly not worth the effort.
>>
>>54204951
Sure. A servant of beginnings and endings. Given the era, I doubt there's really any more suitable candidates. That puts us at:

>Caster: Houdini.
An escape artist and scourge of spirit mediums in life, Caster can't abide by the magic of the holy grail war, the contradiction of his existence irritating him to no end. He reluctantly fights with his own brand of misdirection and physical enhancement magic at his Master's urging.

>Rider: Red Baron
A true knight of the skies, Rider is chivalrous, honorable, and respectful to friend and foe alike. Enjoying a flight more than anything else in the world, he is also a master of aerial strategy. He engages in battle using his Fokker Triplane to outspeed and outmanuever his enemies. He is of course, perfectly loyal to his Master.

>Berserker: Ungern-Sternberg
Taken by Madness Enhancement, Berserker's attitude is that of a vicious, merciless tyrant. He is sometimes incomprehensible due to fits of insanity, but he is never by any means a non-threat. His status as a Berserker has raised his stats and given him an advantage in physical attributes over the other servants. However, while he is not completely mindless, Madness Enhancement has robbed him of caution and strategy, requiring his Master to keep a close eye on his actions.

>Assassin: Gavrilo Princip
A nervous bumbler with no true combat experience, or even assassination experience, Assassin's effectiveness in the Grail War is entirely determined by his amazing luck, leading to coincidences such as encountering enemy servants when weakened or tripping when a high-level attack is aimed at him. He's not very confident in his skills, but his Master has faith in him as the killer of seventeen million.

(1/2)
>>
>>54205389
well unless u know moonrune than u cannot have read apoc as it has not been fully translated.
>>
>>54205475
(2/2)

>Lancer: Winston Churchill
A commander of great renown and charisma, Lancer is no less at home on the battlefield. He possesses great tactical knowledge and employs it considerably in the Grail War. Due to his penchant for speechcraft, his Master's confidence never wavers, and is able to boost his own abilities via convincing himself of his own determination.

>Archer: White Death
A sniper with an unparalleled kill count, Archer is incredibly competent at ranged battles, due to his high accuracy, concealment skills, and decent luck. Master and Servants alike are vulnerable targets when viewed down his iron sights. Despite the many deaths his legend is built with, he's an incredibly friendly fellow who sees his participation in the grail war as merely his duty, and his Master as a valued comrade.

>Saber: Charles Hornby
A servant formed from representing the spirit of the British army, Saber represents many beginnings and endings. Striking swiftly with intense speed, Saber excels at both the opening charge and the finishing blow. Due to the nature of his riding ability fighting upon vehicles is also no challenge for him. The nature of his existence as a heroic spirit is slightly confusing for him, but he shrugs it off when his Master calls him to serve in his duty.
>>
>>54205494
I do you fucking retard
>>
>>54205475
>>54205499
Remember that you need at least one R63 Servant, or two if you want one who isn't the mandatory Saberclone.
>>
>>54205557
Maybe you could get away with it for Saber, considering he's not entirely the original person as a heroic spirit?
>>
>>54205557
Well just use churchill as he was sometimes siad to be arthurs reincarnation.
>>
>>54205588
>cigar-chomping booze-swilling Saber with a biting wit.
My boner approves.
>>
>>54195124
This Anon knows best. Concur with all suggestions.
>>
>>54205575
>>54205588
>>54205832
So, excessively confident Saberface Churchill and genderswapped representation of british soldiers. The only other piece is the Masters and bam, you've got a full-blown grail war.
>>
>>54201035
That gives players the complete mechanical knowledge of the Servant they made but now don't control.
>>
>>54206910
Yes, so? A Master should know how their Servant works.
>>
>>54207182
As in, both the Servant creator AND the Master know all it's secrets.

So the Master, and one other (opposing) Master.
>>
File: 1495051106590.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495051106590.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>54200951
No that's job belongs to the army who has more bodies to throw at an enemy.
>>
>>54206265
>>54205832
>>54205588
I would argue red Baron for the saberface as there is no canonical seiba rider yet.

Or berserker or caster or Archer. Lancer seiba is a thing.
>>
File: Lanceria3.png (326KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Lanceria3.png
326KB, 512x724px
>>54208339

And my once and future king is looking good.
>>
Anybody here got that one Seibah "don't talk to all the mes ever again" image lying around?
>>
File: SaberGawainStage2.jpg (334KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
SaberGawainStage2.jpg
334KB, 512x724px
>>54189244
Gawain is Best Rider
>>
>>54207857
I'm not 100% sure if I'm being clear. Each player plays a Master, and each player also plays another Master's Servant - specifically, they play the Servant of whichever Master gave them the Servant character sheet they created.

Yeah, technically that means you can use your Master knowledge when playing your Servant and vice-versa, but ultimately you'd be sabotaging one of your characters to benefit the other.
>>
>>54211535

Also, at some point players have to learn not to metagame.
>>
>>54205557
>>54205575
>>54205588
>>54206265
I was hoping to not have gender swapped hero's in this that's one of the reasons I wanted modern times was so records existed and you couldn't just have wave "the legends are wrong"
If we must have a r63 only saber can fit as he is half dude and half idea. The others are real dudes so it cant really be done
>>
Earlier today I realized Pygmalion would be a bitchin' Caster.
>>
File: decwizard.jpg (202KB, 630x943px) Image search: [Google]
decwizard.jpg
202KB, 630x943px
This is Alexander Grothendieck, one of the greatest mathematicians of the 20th century. He revolutionized the field of algebraic geometry with his schemes
http://www.numdam.org/article/PMIHES_1960__4__5_0.pdf

As he is an actual wizard, he'll be a much stronger caster than most other famous people in the late 20th century.
>>
File: alexandre-grothendieck.jpg (31KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
alexandre-grothendieck.jpg
31KB, 334x334px
>>54212936
He will likely be summoned in a younger form for aesthetic purposes. This one is the most famous
>>
>>54212029
It's entirely possible the summoning process could have something to do with it.
>>
>>54189244
Personally, since the endless flood of Master-Servant based spin-offs has ground my nerves into dust, I'd find a game run in the standard Nasuverse Earth to be a ton more interesting than Holy Grail War #88 V.3.0 with Electric Boogaloo Twists. If you'd go for the same thing, there would be a ton of choices to use, since you'd be focusing on Magic politics or an an investigation style campaign like Kara no Kyoukai.
>>
>>54213703
>an investigation style campaign like Kara no Kyoukai.
mah nigga. KnK is a fucking great format for a game in the nasuverse and allows for a lot of cool worldbuilding opportunities with none of the powerlevel autism that comes with Fateshit
>>
>>54213746
And if you're playing as Ryougi, then everything has one hitpoint.

Including you.
>>
File: 1460128639749.jpg (204KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460128639749.jpg
204KB, 1800x1000px
>>54209346
You should always check out KnowYourMeme for specific exploits of memes
>>
File: Jonah and the Whale.jpg (317KB, 1563x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Jonah and the Whale.jpg
317KB, 1563x1200px
Jonah as Rider. Who the hell would even suss his identity until he breaks out a massive all-devouring icthoid?
>>
>>54213746
Even if the timelines don't technically "converge" because of maximum setting autism and shit, you can take Kara no Kyoukai as a very good example of how the Nasuverse Earth works. Still the same broad place after all.

I'm actually running a game like that for three personal friends of mine, using Kara no Kyoukai as a baseline. They're loving it since they too are tired of all the servants and they like low-powered games too.

A thought I recently had though, an all-servant game might be more tolerable if it was in the distant past during some part of the Age of the Gods. Just play as the actual heroes themselves basically, damn it.
>>
>>54208339
Saberfaces are not Saber. It's an important distinction.
>>
>>54213877

Pick your favorite mythology is not necessarily Fate/Nasu related, though.
>>
File: 1499296111766.png (922KB, 800x855px) Image search: [Google]
1499296111766.png
922KB, 800x855px
>>
>>54218747

>Medusa says don't talk to me or my master every again
>>
>>54213703
Enforcer/Executor shenanigans could be fun.
>>
>>54205475
>>54205499
Now to stat then
>>
>>54212029
Well fucking Okita is a chick and she's from the late 1800s, we have pics of them.
>>
I'll try to give this a bump
Anybody have thoughts on the non standard classes?
>>
>>54189299
Cliff notes on the big three generic RPGs

>Are you autistic and mathematically inclined?
>go GURPS
> are you autistic and and pretending to kill things and rolling dice a lot?
> go savage worlds
> are you autistic but only care about your stories and frightened of numbers?
>Pick FATE.... Umm the RPG, also called fudge.

> not autistic?
>where do you think you are?[/ spoiler]
>>
>>54223868
Well most of the standard classes are based on actions barring one.
Avenger and berserker are based on mind sets.\
Ruler just seems to require some saintly attribute.
Not sure bout the others.
I like avenger but I can critisize it as the fact is a shit ton myths at some point have some revenge so to what extent is needed for you to classify.
>>
>>54220981
Where to start on statting them?
>>
>>54195014
What system did you use to run it?
>>
File: Soldat inconnu.jpg (92KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
Soldat inconnu.jpg
92KB, 510x340px
>>54205499
While I'm fine with most of the lineup, I'm not really convinced by our modern Saber. Pales a bit in comparison to the relevance of the other Servants, and it feels like a weak excuse for the role.

Sabers are generally the tankiest Servants, so why not make the Unknown Soldier (real identity could be Paul Baumer, Louis Barthas or even nobody significant at all) fill that role, representing the thousands of grunts, diggers and poilus of WW1? In a modern conflict that marks the end of traditional heroism, at least on the ground, it feels apt to include a Servant that represents that feeling large-scale and routine-like massacre.

The "saber" could be the trench shovel, and he could be a low-stat, defensive-type Servant whose Noble Phantasm is linked to Reincarnation-type abilities, making him effectively identity-less. Plus, he'd probably have a bone to pick with the likes of Gavrilo Princip or Winston Churchill, who indirectly caused "his" deaths historically.
>>
>>54225503
Might even fit the bill better as Avenger, all things considered.
>>
>>54225503
>>54225601
It is more of an Avenger type. And I don't think Saber is a weak excuse when several servants have been constructed that way.
>>
Irisviel as a Rider and the NP is Kiritsugu's car. Thoughts?
>>
>>54226845
Isn't she already a Caster?
>>
>>54228213

Already being a class doesn't really stop anybody.
>>
>>54228347
Maybe so but she's not a Heroic Spirit by any means.
>>
>>54228919
While I despite Fate Grand/Order these days for the never ending deluge of more servants and whatever... Caster Irisviel is a fairly fun servant. The event that introduced her was one of the few I completed before the emulator explosion.
>>
>>54228996
Bleh, despise*
>>
>>54224893
Honestly not super sure
Didn't fate have a servant stat system? Or was it ask made up on the spot for one line of dialog like a fantasy language
>>
>>54211182
Shitty cook.
>>
>>54213778
>>54213778
>that moment when you can identify exactly which Sabers she's referring to in that
>>
>>54229438
Nah, you can constantly access known Servant stats in the Fate/Stay Night VN. There are six of them, ranked A-E. If you take the number 1 as a regular human's rank in a stat, then E is 10, and A is fifty, with each ranking letter being 10 apart from the one above and below. So a servant with E agility is 10 times as quick to react as a regular human, and a servant with A strength is 50 times stronger than one. The stats are as follows.

Strength (Strength, of course.)
Endurance (How much damage you can withstand)
Agility (Your reaction speed)
Magical Power (How much magical energy they can handle)
Luck (What it says on the tin.)
Noble Phantasm (The power of their ultimate attack/weapon, their Noble Phantasm. The Rider class tends to have the more powerful NP's.)
>>
>>54229438
It does, but one "A" is not equivalent to another.
The stats are mostly an excuse to try and obfuscate the excessive GM fiat.
>>
>>54229694
The stats are more like categories than normal stats, and real people don't always put out the exact same amount of strength or run at the exact same speed, so them being unreliable isn't too crazy.
EX is pretty useless though. It may as well just be N/A.
>>
>>54229692
So Assassin has A luck.
>>
>>54229938
EX.
>>
>>54229938
>>54229972
>A is the highest normal rank, but there is an exception to the rule with the EX Rank. It represents something that falls outside of the numerical ranking scale, a value that cannot be quantified under the normal system because it is in a league of its own, powerful to the extent of rendering comparisons meaningless.
From the Type Moon wiki.
>>
>>54229972
>>54229978
So should Assassin's luck be EX? Is his luck really that incredible?
>>
File: taiga phone.gif (2MB, 499x429px) Image search: [Google]
taiga phone.gif
2MB, 499x429px
>>54229995
>>54229978
>>54229972
>>54229738
If you want an example of EX ranked Luck, Taiga would have it under the Servant system.
>>
>>54229995
I would give him EX instead of a normal rank with modifiers because his wasn't necessarily the best example of "good" luck, but given that he's only even in the war because of the magnitude of what happened because of it it's certainly fair to place it in a league of its own.
>>
>Not a single person lists Kamigakari

Just shameful, dudes. The system L I T E R A L L Y has Heroic Spirit as a race!
>>
>>54230067
See
>>54197917
>>
>>54230075

OK, good. It's worth reiterating though because more people need to look at it for nasuverse shit, though!
>>
>>54230061
So, EX rank luck, subpar in other stats?
>>
>>54230105
I figure he would be abysmal in all other stats. You might want to read some of this:
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Parameter_Rules
If you're completely new to the concept of these servants then you might also consider looking at some examples to see how other figures you know have already been ranked.
>>
>>54228996
I was discussing the idea of Gun God being a servant with my friend towards the endgame of Grand Order, with his noble phantasm saying simply "Does extra damage to Types".

I want an endgame set during Notes with those things as raid bosses.
>>
File: 1490483052709.jpg (2MB, 4032x2272px) Image search: [Google]
1490483052709.jpg
2MB, 4032x2272px
>>54189244
World of Darkness (I only played the classic), like Vampire: the Masquerade and Mage: the Ascension.

Masters can be mages (or sorcerers - that would be more balanced), and you can use the system of VtM for servants. Instead of blood points, they can have prana points and that's it.
The type of the servant decides its Discipline(s), aka Noble Phanatsm(s).
>>
>>54230118
So Assassin might look a little like this?

Strength: E
Endurance: E
Agility: E
Magical Power: E
Luck: EX
Noble Phantasm: E

Would his Noble Phantasm really be E though? How should it function?
>>
>>54231359
He'd probably have at least D rank Agility. It's kind of the core stat for Assassins.
>>
>>54231416
Fair enough. But what about his NP, what would you class it as? It's a gunshot of some kind, we've got that so far.
>>
>>54231447
Can it just be some sort of passive effect where his attacks always hit perfectly times but by accident?
>>
>>54231773
Even with that, regular bullet wounds on servants aren't going to do much damage. That would be an incredibly weak NP.
>>
>>54231818
He freeze the target in the worst position and then fires with his bullets acting like the enemy was just a dude and not magic?
>>
>>54231886
Seems a bit out of character.
>>
>>54231900
Im throwing ideas here
I don't know something to do with the black hand? Bomb throwing slav anarchist powers?
>>
>>54230254
oWoD is trash. If you have to use WoD for this, at least use the latest one. It doesn't play like shit and the lore isn't all around nonsense.
>>
>>54232020
Most Assassin NPs tend towards the indirect, buffs or debuffs, rather than a straight-up attack. For example, Mata Hari has brainwashing, Dr. Jekyll can turn into Mr. Hyde, and so on.

Maybe a NP where the shot is cursed, and upon hitting the target, the enemy Servant has their Luck stat debuffed to E-?
>>
>>54232151
Sounds good maybe lowers agility as well?
>>
>>54232228
Hm. So, Assassin would be as follows.

Strength: E
Endurance: E
Agility: D
Magical Power: E
Luck: EX
Noble Phantasm: D

Noble Phantasm
The Shot Heard Round The World: With One Bullet Seventeen Million Are Killed
Assassin fires a single bullet from his FN Model 1910. Upon striking the target, a curse representing the deadly consequences of the only kill Assassin ever made in life is activated. The target's attributes are all lowered slightly, except Luck, which becomes the lowest possible rank. Until the curse is excised by high-level magic, or Assassin is killed, these effects will remain.
>>
>>54232298
Rider next?
>>
File: 1403280216036.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1403280216036.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>assassin isn't Hassan
>>
>>54232388
Sure. I imagine Rider has good Agility, with decent strength and endurance, decent luck, and a damn powerful Noble Phantasm? Thoughts on these stats and his NP?

>>54232415
This ain't a Fuyuki Grail War, mate. Besides, there was no Hassan in the era required.
>>
>>54232463
Not sure about stats sounds about right
NP
The last joust: last hush of the knights of the sky
Basically traps opponent in reality marble where they are both in planes doing a one v one dogfight but baron is in his super pimped out red ride and opponent is in an old crop duster
>>
>>54232520
Hurrah not hush
>>
>>54232520
I know it was said earlier not to make it just Iskandar's NP, but isn't this basically UBW? What if the plane itself just is his Noble Phantasm?
>>
>>54232608
That could work but o line idea of trapping in a one om one joust for his later day knight stiche
>>
>>54232675
The thing is that The Red Baron usually fought with his squadron. He wasn't some lone wolf pilot, he got such a kill count because he was a great pilot, but he was also a great leader. It makes sense to just make his triplane his noble phantasm, able to attain its true power when he calls its true name.
>>
>>54232696
Good point
The plane is a good idea
>>
So

Rider
Strength: C
Endurance: C
Agility: A
Magical Power: C
Luck: C
Noble Phantasm: A

Noble Phantasm
Ringleader Of The Flying Circus: Fokker Triplane
The triplane that Rider spent his last days fighting in,it has been enhanced by Rider's legend to become more than a mere model of plane, but an extension of Rider's own being. Rider may summon the Triplane in an instant, and both the fuel and bullets are unlimited, running off of Rider's own Magical Energy. When the true name is invoked, the attributes of it increase far beyond Rider's original parameters for a short time.

How's that?
>>
Please make a new thread and link this one, it's passed limit and on page 10
>>
>>54228996
>>54228919

Strictly speaking, I don't even think it's really Iri who is the servant that's just the body Caster (Dress of Heaven) possesses. Like how Ishtar and Ereshkigal hijacked Rin.

Different entities have different levels of control and identity over the physical form - Zhuge Liang is really more Waver Velvet with certain servant abilities.
>>
>>54233558
>>54233665
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.