[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 97

File: Screenshot_2017-06-17-17-19-27.png (979KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-17-17-19-27.png
979KB, 1280x720px
"You'll go no further until you have your papers" edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Socucius Ergalla

Previous Kalpa: >>53982743
>>
Would anyone be interested in a hexographer map of Tamriel?
>>
File: 1454196819477.png (162KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454196819477.png
162KB, 480x360px
I'm claiming this thread for the glory of Alkosh.

>>54086352
Go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_mh8g1s0WDq1r9z0bmo6_500.jpg (97KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh8g1s0WDq1r9z0bmo6_500.jpg
97KB, 500x429px
I like the spacemagic aesthetic
>>
What would be a good setting Morrowind-wise for a multi-man dungeon raid?

>>54087758
Go thank mojonation for that, he's the guy drawing all the future TES
>>
>>54087774
>sunken dwemer ruins inhabited by dreugh
>volcanic lavapits
>burial catacombs overrun with vampires/cultists/ect
>pre-dunmer Velothi caves a la Urshilaku
>a nix-hound burrow
>ex-Dagoth Ur ruins haunted with the spirits of their ash monsters
>nord pirate caves on the coast
>giant insect lair, something hostile not kwamas
>Suran sex dungeon

Kinda generic but sometimes generic is fun
>>
>>54088121
>sunken dwemer ruins inhabited by dreugh
Oooo, I like this one. Could have it be still-coherent dreugh from when they ruled the world.
>>
I like to think that in the Sea of Ghosts there is a huge underwater city the size of Tamriel where Dreughs spend their existence oblivious to other civilisations.
>>
will the Dreughs be playable race in next Elder Scroll game
>>
File: Fearsome_Grahl.png (624KB, 830x861px) Image search: [Google]
Fearsome_Grahl.png
624KB, 830x861px
>>54088626
or Grahl, Goblins, Maomer and ogre
>>
>>54088626
>>54088676
I'd like to see Imga, Reachmen and divided Imperials.
>>
Why there weren't Grahls in Skyrim.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E-rtnLzdik&t=84s
Leave me alone, bosmer
>>
File: Drad Border Patrol.jpg (193KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Drad Border Patrol.jpg
193KB, 894x894px
>>54088626
>>54088676
>>54088731
It's gonna be ogres
>>
>>54089012
Nah, it'll be sload.
>>
>>54088890
can somebody translate that in english
>>
Did we miss last week? I kept checking and didn't see the thread but was paranoid about making one myself since every time I've done something like that in the past someone else has made a thread within a minute of me.

>>54087758
>vivec will never take you on brodates to abstract fictional places like the edge of the planet
Without Almalexia Vivec and Sotha Sil would never have betrayed Nerevar and he would just be a great king with the coolest friends, the moral of the story is don't stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>54088731
>divided Imperials
This imo. Reachmen are still racially Bretons even if they're culturally savages, but Colovians and Nibenese differ heavily in culture, heritage, (traditional) language (judging by name structure) and natural physical traits (most Colovians are almost indistinguishable from Nords, Nibenese look Mediterranean), so they are clearly different races.
>>
>>54089104
We had threads last weeks

>>54089139
Reachmen are even more mixed than Bretons, though.
>>
>>54089101
I only know a few words in Russian, but from what I can understand he's just saying a bunch of rude things to Fargoth ex: "Leave me alone, bosmer" (title), "Go away bosmer" (Ухoди бocмep) and calling him a bitch (Cyкa)
>>
File: ggfgfgg.png (135KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
ggfgfgg.png
135KB, 665x598px
>>54089104
Was it not mentioned that Sotha Sil was the one who studied the tools an found Kagrenac's fault? Even if it wasn't mentioned, it's still the logical conclusion. Almalexia was a psycho whore but without Sotha Sil's knowledge they would have never had a reason to kill Nerevar
Not hating on Seht, he's still the best Tribunal pillar
>>
>>54089617
To be fair, he later renounced the dwemer and called them the cunts they rightfully are.
>>
>>54089546
thank you
>>
>>54089617
Still Ayem's idea, I believe. She was like Nerevar's Gwynevere. I wonder if he had a hot cousin he should have been fucking instead. What if Ayem was, unbeknownst to him, actually his own daughter from a long-forgotten adolescent fling with said cousin, and it was like an even more fucked-up double-incestuous story of King Arthur, wouldn't that be weird, asking for a friend haha
>>
>>54090139
Tell your friend it would be really weird, but her being a fucked up incest baby explains some of her psychopathy at least
>>
>>54088731
>>54089139
Colovians=nordic cyrods, more Akaviri influence and dragon imagery; meat and potato style dishes, thicker clothes made of wool and furs. Emphasis on martial arts and hunting, livestock and vegetable crops; miners, farmers, soldiers; nobles tend to actively work to protect their people.
Nibenese=bretonic cyrods, more Ayleid influence and aedric astronomic imagery; flatbread and fish dishes, light clothing made of silks and linens. Emphasis on arts and craftsmanship, mercantile and administration. Fruit crops, wine and spirits production, lots of writers, entrepeneurs, and wealthy nobles.
>>
File: 999.jpg (69KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
69KB, 600x811px
>>54090139
You went full retard there at the end.
>>
>>54090284
>flatbread and fish dishes
>Fruit crops, wine and spirits production
or: why the nibenese are the best race
>>
>>54090139
>after saying this it dawns on me that Seht is Merlin and Vivec is Lancelot
holy shit
>>
Last week, we stopped in the "[...]one city in the Imperial Province,[...]" - Cyrod City as well as its people. We'll probably return to it again some time but today, I thought it's time to cross the Talos bridge and see what's up on the mainland.
Right across the bridge lies Weye. The city’s name supposedly comes from an old Nedic world for wheat but today, Weye is much more famous for being the main connection between the great City to the east and the ricefields in the floodlands to the west. Many consider it as merely an appendage of Cyrod City, its mainland district and it’s true that its population gravitates more towards the City than the mainland Heartlands. After all, the city formed around but a small fishing village that saw considerable migration. As people came from Colovia, from the Weald and from other parts of the Heartlands, many decided to remain on the mainland and the original inhabitants soon became lost in the crowd.
As any rural Heartlander will tell you, the true Heartlands begin as one leaves Weye. The Heartlands are a vast region surrounding Lake Rumare. It is characterised by being composed mostly of fields and compact villages and bordered on all sides by jungle. Truly, had it not been for man, the land would simply be covered in more trees but through centuries of labour, the Heartlanders fought nature to claim these fertile lands.
Towards the north and the west, the land gradually rises. The people, too, take on more rugged characteristics; in the west they have mingled with the Colovians, in the north with the Cyro-Nordic Brumans. Towards the east and the south, they have been in constant contact with the Nibeneans, who they see as their closest kin. The Heartlanders live as farmers in villages dotted all around the countryside as well as in cities and fishing villages on the coast of Rumare; there, most live the life of fishing as well as perusing various crafts.
>>
>>54090339
Does that mean Nerevar looks and sounds like Richard Harris?
>>
>>54090284
>Colovians=nordic cyrods, more Akaviri influence and dragon imagery
I agree on the first part but I'm not so sure on the Akaviri influence. I thought there's mentions of Nibenean nobles taking pride in their Akaviri blood
>Nibenese=bretonic cyrods
Bretonic? I'd say native Cyrods.
>>
>>54090399
He probably means "colovians that fucked ayleids produced them."
>>
>>54090399
>>54090437
>He probably means "colovians that fucked ayleids produced them."
Sort of this. Take the nedic peoples, let generations of Ayleids MER their shit up and you get Nibenese.
Bretons are the result of Direnni/Altmeric elf interbreeding, so the Nibenese would resemble them more than they would the Nords, whom the Colovians would closely resemble.
I'd think the Colovians would take some Akaviri influence considering Cloud Ruler Temple and the Akaviri fort up that way, and the Akaviri invaded through Skyrim.
You pretty much have the mediterranean-esque dark skinned cyrods in the south and the northern italy, romanized-barbarian cyrods in the north.
>>
>>54090523
>>54090356
2bh leaving out this divide, one of the biggest pieces of Cyrod lore, is the reason I have refused to ever play Oblivion.
>>
>>54090588
If you install Unique Landscapes it gets better looking, it definitely looks more lived in with atmospheric ruins and farms and shit. Not a jungle, but at this point I'm kind of over being pissy about that change in the lore.
>>
>>54090437
>>54090523
>>54090588
I'd like to see the divide shown in-game and all but I always thought it would be more fun to see the two groups divided even further into subgroups and possibly add some minor groups that belong to neither

Colovian sphere
>(standard) Colovian
>North Colovians (Colo-Nords)
>Abeceans (Gold Coast Colo-Nedes)
>Wolders (West Weald Colo-Nedes) - possibly independent

Nibenean sphere
>Heartlanders
>(standard) Nibeneans
>Deep Nibeneans (deep jungle, Valus Mountains)
>Cheydin Nibeneans
>South Nibeneans (Topal Bay, Blackwood)

Independent
>Brumans (Cyro-Nords)
>various surviving Nedic tribes

And am I the only who thought the influence of Nords on the Colovians was more a fusion of the two cultures and less about the Nords coming down south and mixing with the Nedes? I see it more like the Normans coming to England, taking rule over the Anglo-Saxons and influencing them that way. Basically, Nordic warriors granted lands in Colovia and ruling over the Nedes.
The Nibeneans would probably not all be mixed with Ayleids, either. Considering they are famous for their thousand different cults, I like to imagine them being divided among tribal and cultural lines as well - a plethora of little communities that can barely understand each other. Basically a South China except with mages and actual river dragons.
>>
>>54090845
I'm not all that mad about the lack of jungle, since there's still plenty of swamp. I think most people are mad that the distinct cultures got dropped by the wayside, in favor of vague differences from city to city that don't even really require different kinds of clothing or practices.

At least Oblivion is 'alright' as a game. Not amazing, it has flaws, but it has a little more than Skryim did in terms of stats and magic.
>>
>>54091181
We got "chim" as a reason for the landscape, but did we ever get an excuse for the (lack of) cultures?
>>
>>54091353
There wasn't much but there were some little bits and pieces, like the info in a loading screen about Bruma having a Nibenean influence (although I didn't really see it, it just seemed Nordic) but it was more general than divided into two cultural spheres. Apart from the already mentioned Bruma, Anvil obviously had its own style and Cheydinhal was influenced by Dunmer culture for some reason. They talked about Colovians and Nibeneans in some dialogue but that was basically the extent of it.
>>
>>54090437
Except the Colovians are derived from the Nibenese.
>>54091353
>And Talos said to the Arctus, "Let us join as one to fortify this throne, this land, these people, each one glorious under heaven!"
>>
File: deepest lore.png (465KB, 996x333px) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.png
465KB, 996x333px
>>
>>54092095
>love our bitter coast striders
This is the weirdest part. Because cliffracers and striders are established in game to be absolutely soulless monsters that literally kidnap children and hide them in giant piles of shit.
>>
>>54091999
Are they, though? It seems to me like they're a different group of Cyrodils
>>
>>54092117
Have you considered the fact that ESO is trash?
>>
>>54092162
Golly anon, what a unique revelation!
>>
File: 1.jpg (645KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
645KB, 1680x1050px
>>54092162
Nope. It gave us the wonder of guns.
>>
>>54092230
It is amusing how all the endgame content is gods, evil priests, superpowered daedra.
And here's Sotha Sil, who will just shoot you with a fucking gun.
>>
>>54092095
>>54092117
What if Thetys Ramarys is an absolutely soulless monster that literally kidnaps children and hides them in giant piles of shit?
>>
File: 2.jpg (571KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
571KB, 1680x1050px
>>54092295
His trial is the hardest content in the game by far. And it's just his basement. Like the actual basement of the clockwork city. Full of his old junk. You fight the janitor at one point while it's trying to clean.
>>
>>54092305
She's from Balmora and is probably of House Hlaalu, so I wouldn't put it past her.
>>
>>54092308
>You fight the janitor at one point while it's trying to clean.
Does it have a robot broom?
>>
>>54092352
Better, it's his roomba. Other intense fights include such foes as
>two magnets
>his old laptop
>some piles of junk
>>
>>54092146
Yes
>It was in the rain forests of the Nibenay Valley that the original Cyro-Nordic tribes, the Nibenese, learned a self-reliance that separated them culturally and economically from Skyrim
>The West is respected as Cyrodiil's iron hand: firm, unwavering, and ever-vigilant. The Cyro-Nords that settled it had relinquished the fertile Nibenay Valley long ago, determined to conquer the frontier.
>After they had captured the Nedic port-cities of the Strident coast, the Westerners embarked on a mastery of the sea
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil

Basically here is how it went down.
The 'Nedes' were the original inhabitants (though this is really a catch-all term for any early human tribe in Cyrodiil, the Nedic peoples varied drastically). Occasionally Nedes would get raped by Ayleids but this was nowhere near as common as was seen in High Rock, and so bare only a meager, negligible, relation to elves.
Alessian revolt begins and the Nedes are set free, the Nords (and apparently some Bretons) settle in Nibenay and are assimilated into the native culture, becoming the Cyro-Nordic tribal peoples who would eventually congeal into the Nibenese culture.
One Cyro-Nordic group departed from Nibenay to conquer the frontier, subduing the Western Nedes and settling there to become the Colovians.
>>
>>54092500
Eeeeeh. The term "Cyro-Nords" is more of a misnomer and the result of the hotly debated Out of Atmora theory. Both Colovians and the Nibenese are descended from the Nedes. The Nordic warlords who helped during the Rebellion were given land in what would be Colovia.
>>
>>54092500
The PGE's a bit wonky; it claims Nibeneans are Cyro-Nordic when they're probably just another Nedic group and the text is following the Nordic agenda.
Where did you find the Nords settling in Nibenay? I'm pretty sure they helped Alessia, then settled in the west.
>>
can i get stuff that i can use in uesrpg campaing in roll20
>>
>>54092230
>>54092295
>Sotha Sil has a gun
W-what?
>>
>>54092637
>>54092651
You both don't seem to understand what a 'Cyro-Nord' is. They are not Nords who settled in Cyrodiil, they are the resulting progeny of Nords who interbred with the indigenous population. Obviously it is true that not all humans are descended from Nords, I never even implied such a thing. But the Cyro-Nords are a group that definitely existed and came to replace the proper Nedes of Cyrodiil.

>Where did you find the Nords settling in Nibenay

>Once settled among the victorious Alessian Cyrodiils, the Nord and Breton warriors and battlemages were quickly assimilated into the comfortable and prosperous Nibenean culture
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Legendary_Sancre_Tor
>Within a span of fifty years, Skyrim ruled all of northern Tamriel, including most of present-day High Rock, a deep stretch of the Nibenay Valley, and the whole of Morrowind
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Skyrim

After the Alessian revolt the Nords ruled Nibenay for a while, this is the 'Cyro-Nordic' period in which we see the Nibenese culture develop over the scattered, tribal Nedes and absorb the settled Nordic population.
>>
>>54092927
It's more appropriate to say that both modern day Cyrodilic cultures are descended from the same source than one from the other.

Also, unless I'm mixing things up, the PGE1 only uses the term Cyro-Nords in reference to the mistaken belief that the Nedes are early Atmoran settlers. But that's just semantics.
>>
>>54092919
Yeah. A straight up glock. That's how they killed Nerevar. When they fought Dagoth he straight up iced that motherfucker.
>>
File: 1496157299479.jpg (134KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496157299479.jpg
134KB, 400x400px
>>54093242
>They made ritual as if to summon Azura as Nerevar wanted but Almalexia used poisoned candles and Vivec used poisoned invocations and Sotha Sil used a glock. Nerevar was murdered.
>>
>>54092995
>It's more appropriate to say that both modern day Cyrodilic cultures are descended from the same source than one from the other
You are right, the Nibenese culture wasn't completely developed by the time the Cyro-Nords had settled the West. The point I am more or less making is that the Colovians came from the East.
>Also, unless I'm mixing things up, the PGE1 only uses the term Cyro-Nords in reference to the mistaken belief that the Nedes are early Atmoran settlers
Nope, read this quote again.
>the Cyro-Nords that settled it had relinquished the fertile Nibenay Valley long ago, determined to conquer the frontier. Their primitive ferocity was disinclined to magic or the need for industry, preferring bloody engagement and plunder instead. After they had captured the Nedic port-cities of the Strident coast, the Westerners embarked on a mastery of the sea
The quote makes a distinction between the Cyro-Nords and the indigenous Western Nedes. The Cyro-Nords are the resulting admixture of proto-Cyrodiils and Nords which formed in Nibenay.
>>
>>54092230
>guns

I'm sorry, I have to leave.

>but guns in fantasy aren't bad-

Not with this fantasy. Not this. Magic space ships and robot knights and lasers that math you out of existance I can handle, but a gun?! For shame.
>>
>>54093924
I know right, what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>54093924
There's no use arguing with him, just filter the name and carry on.
>>
File: 1467591598054.png (426KB, 865x905px) Image search: [Google]
1467591598054.png
426KB, 865x905px
>>54094095
I'm being half-serious, but really...I know that the Elder Scrolls has some science fantasy shit behind it, it's in the lore. And I'm pretty sure that even ESO is trying its hardest to hide the glocks and laptops and roombas behind some level of fantasy and magic and stuff. I can't screech and say that it's not-canon or they're horrible for doing it at all, because they have a basis in the lore.

But most of the super almost-science stuff was kept in the background, in the near-mythical First Era or by the time of c0da. And it wasn't treated like tech, not how we treat it, but more like magic - and even when it was treated like tech it had a whole bunch of silly words involved to make it feel archaic or just different. It is jarring to have it be approached in such an up front manner, and honestly comes off as a little uncreative. Maybe it's just because of how it was told, but even if I was planning on playing ESO, now I wouldn't enjoy that quest, because now all I'd be able to see is the roomba, the glock, the laptop. Instead of seeing the fantasy things and realizing what real things they're like, now I see the real things and realize they're cheap fantasy recreations thereof, you know?
>>
File: 1457723273712.jpg (291KB, 1280x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1457723273712.jpg
291KB, 1280x1154px
>>
>>54095454
>that imperial guard
imagine that motherfucker teleporting behind you and locking you in a literal cell of magic power with his staff before he tells you to stop right there, criminal scum
>>
What faces would adorn the Mount Rushmore of Tamriel?
>>
>>54095731
18 vivecs
>>
File: pew.png (239KB, 276x375px) Image search: [Google]
pew.png
239KB, 276x375px
>>54094527
Just so you know, trainfag is just being a lying shit, there is nothing in the trial that resembles roombas, laptops or glocks, the only one of those that could fit that delusional madman ramblings is the cannon-arm some creatures have(pic related).
>>
>>54095955
I think it's less "lying shit" and more the interpretation of their niche in more relate-able terms to make him appear interesting.
Like gross oversimplification to demonstrate his "knowledge" on the topic.
>>
>>54095731
Morihuas, Pelinal, and Alessia
I've just always really wanted for their to be massive sculptures of these three
>>
File: 1481779761856.jpg (178KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
1481779761856.jpg
178KB, 800x842px
Hello /tgesg/

It has become time for our next release: The Scroll of Thu'um which can be found by following the first link in the OP and opening the Game File Downloads link within.

It contains all the rules you need to implement The Voice into your game. Not only have we remade the rules for being a Tongue for Third edition, but we have implemented several new features as well.

New talents have been added to expand upon your abilities as a Tongue, not just how many shouts you can do.

Legendary Shouts have been implemented as well, a group of shouts with unique abilities on par with the ancient Tongues of old.

Rules for the Dragon priest and their horde of terrifying Draugr are included as well to provide some worthy foes for the players to test their mettle!

Lastly, rules for uniquely enchanted artifacts known as Gron-Sik, a rope made of tied tongues imbued with Speech, have been included to give the Tongues a new way of unleashing their fury.

The next scroll up for release is the Undead, which will contain all you need to implement those sansy undead and their spook into your game.
>>
File: 1489146756140.jpg (1MB, 4764x3052px) Image search: [Google]
1489146756140.jpg
1MB, 4764x3052px
>>54097015
I'm liking all this progress - I can't say I'm that excited for shouts, but the fact that you're adding some more depth to them is interesting, especially with the Gron-Sik (is there a lore basis for it? I know Gron means 'bind').
>>
>>54090588
The divide between Colovia and Nibenay is pretty distinct though. Colovia is full of idyllic forests, rolling golden hills and jagged mountains and cliffs, Nibenay is rivers, shady swamps and darker, more foreboding forests. Colovians also have names like Cuchullain Slavinof while the Nibenese have names like Septimus Julius, though more of the latter exist for sure (probably hearkening back to Morrowind where there wasn't much distinction and they all had Nibenese-style names).

Of course the Weye thing isn't expressed very well, but then the Imperial City also no longer sprung up from a human fishing village- It's an enormous Ayleid temple that was conquered and inhabited as a city, so at best it sprung up from a very ancient Ayleid fishing village (which is still probable given its location).

>>54090941
>The Nibeneans would probably not all be mixed with Ayleids, either. Considering they are famous for their thousand different cults, I like to imagine them being divided among tribal and cultural lines as well - a plethora of little communities that can barely understand each other. Basically a South China except with mages and actual river dragons.
It's funny that you say those two things in conjunction, considering that is exactly what Ayleid culture was like for the most part. Of course, not even the Ayleids mixed with the (other) Ayleids in those cases, so the Nibenese wouldn't in that case either.
>>
File: worse than an n'wah.png (655KB, 917x640px) Image search: [Google]
worse than an n'wah.png
655KB, 917x640px
>>54091353
>but did we ever get an excuse for the (lack of) cultures?
There isn't a lack, it just isn't super-distinct. Same way basically everything in Morrowind and Skyrim is seriously downplayed, and hampered by almost every quest being a fetch quest or boss assassination with little actual lore or intrigue attached. Oblivion is actually the best in the series for what the series excels in imo (telling stories through quests, being comfy to walk around, having great lore and being a slate for mods), and as with Daggerfall going into Morrowind, some of the cuts or "streamlinings" were puzzling and unnecessary and kind of a bad thing but nothing essential was cut, unlike attributes and athletics in Skyrim.

Given New Vegas obviously made BGS realise that games where speech is a powerful skill are fucking cool, given that it is basically the MOST powerful skill in FO4 after being about as useless as in TES in 3, I hope the next ES has good speech abilities but I know they'll probably just cut the skill instead :^)

>>54092320
Good point. Nothing is below a Hlaalu.

>>54092230
>>54093924
>>54095955
Weren't there ACTUAL guns as well as artillery in Redguard? Never played it myself but I seem to recall watching part of it where Cyrus kept getting fucking ruined by musketeer skeletons or something.
>>
>>54097803
There were cannons. Not anything else.
>>
>>54097803
I can't find anything for it - literally all I've managed to find so far is a jokebook from Daggerfall that mentions ships having cannons.

>Why was the Sentinel army so useless during the War of Betony?
>The cannons were too heavy, so all three garbage scows sunk.
>>
>>54098480
That's a pretty good joke though. All those layers tell us a lot of lore.
>Sentinel's military was small and primarily Navy
>Sentinel loaded even their least relevant ships to the teeth
>Sentinel had cannons
Neat stuff.
>>
What's the story with Elinhir? It's supposedly a Crown city but I always thought it'd be place where Redguard and Colovian cultures comes together.
>>
>>54097639
>Cuchullain Slavinof
Celtic and eastern European? TES naming conventions are such a shitshow
>>
>>54089104
>mephala-mantling backstabbing whore would never backstab anyone if some chick wouldn't ask him to
>>
>>54099192
Yes, they are celtic and eastern european. That's an exaggerated example, rather than an actual one (obviously). The only race that is close to 1:1 with a real life culture is Nord. Or rather, was. Real Nords don't have to masturbate while thinking of dragons every night to sleep and shape all their food like little dragons or they puke it up, but then neither did Elder Scrolls Nords before Skyrim.
>>
>>54099263
Mephala is a liar and a manipulator, not a backstabber really. Boethiah on the other hand...
>>
>>54095955
>trainfag is just being a lying shit
Of course he is. He's the biggest ESO shill I've ever seen, and just last week or so he was shilling for paid mods.
Why people even listen to the guy is beyond me.
>>
>>54097015
>Undead
Hype.
>>
>>54099345
>manipulator
That only proves if anyone would get manipulated to murder Nerevar, it wouldn't be Vivec.
(Also, in Skyrim the Ebony Blade gets stronger every time you backstab someone, though, of course, it's Skyrim).
>>
File: stab him.jpg (264KB, 800x2596px) Image search: [Google]
stab him.jpg
264KB, 800x2596px
>>54099532
>ebony blade
>the ebony in it was mined in pyandonea, literally as far as possible from Red Mountain
thanks skyrim
>>
File: 1486317293533.png (3MB, 3931x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1486317293533.png
3MB, 3931x5000px
Anyone got any more maps like this?
>>
File: Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
Bringing this over here because last thread was archived shortly after I posted this.

Does anybody else feel that Orcs who grew up in close proximity to Breton society should speak with Cockney accents?
Furthermore, I'm thinking there should be 3 types of Orc factions in High Rock.
1:
>Very primitive hunter-gatherer tribes who live far away from civilized society and only speak Orcish. They don't have many of the skills of their more advanced brethren, they simply wear animal hides and bones as armor and clothes.
2:
>Slightly more advanced and Tolkien-esque all-Orc bandit clans. They can mine and smith, but to a limited extent due to their ways, so they generally rely on raiding and pillaging to get what they want/need. Therefore, the armor they wear generally has the Orcish motif, but is mostly plates of iron/steel crudely strapped on over fur/leather under-clothing. They mostly speak Orcish, but can also talk Common Tamrielic in varying degrees.
3:
>Orsinium, Skyrim-style strongholds, and Orcs assimilated into Breton society.
>>
>>54099944
Are you a fan of Arcanum or something.
>>
>>54099955
At a glance, looks gay.
>>
>>54099944
Sounds kind of boring.
>>
File: angry_mob_by_gerezon-d5d1idq.jpg (317KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
angry_mob_by_gerezon-d5d1idq.jpg
317KB, 600x840px
>>54099944
You know what I said about swinefaces last time you asked
>>
>>54099955
Might be cool though. Reminds me of Fallout 1 & 2 when I look at it.
>>
>>54100000
I once found a copy of "The Pig Children" on an Orc in Skyrim.
>>
>>54097312
The name for it is made up as it didn't have any specific name in the lore.
I chose to call it a Gron-Sik, meaning (hopefully, though I admit I'm not an expert in Draconic) "To Tie/Bind Words" because it felt fitting of its function.
The concept behind it is based on lore from the book 'Children of the Sky'.
Specifically the following lines from it:
"When they defeat great enemies they take their tongues as trophies. These are woven into ropes and can hold speech like an enchantment."
>>
>>54100015
The irony was surely lost on the creature. A dreugh could probably learn to read sooner than an orc.

>>54100030
The devotees of Satakal never cease to amaze with their zealous performances.
>>
File: 0_o.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0_o.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>54100030
>>54100072
>mfw laptops ARE canon
>>
>>54099944
>Cockney
No.

None of this sounds particularly good. It's forgoing stuff like tribes with specific cultures and rites, and institutions like the Cursed Legion, for uninspired shit like bandit clans.
Go read 16 Accords of Madness (v. XII), How Orsinium Passed to the Orcs and the PGE 3rd Ed entry on Orsinium.
>>
File: High Rock Regions.png (25KB, 1000x795px) Image search: [Google]
High Rock Regions.png
25KB, 1000x795px
I made this one time I was bored, it's nothing special but I may as well post it here
>>
File: Skyrim Regions.png (24KB, 1000x698px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Regions.png
24KB, 1000x698px
I stopped at two. Looking back at them, the squiggly lines are a bit too much but I guess you could say it's a style choice (it wasn't) .
>>
>>54100441
>>54100473
Tamriel: The Squiggly Period
But it's alright. Nice work, Anon.
>>
>>54099944
>the top-tier Orcs are in Skyrim-style strongholds or act like normal Bretons

Eugh. I'll give you points for trying to justify how Orcs can be just random baddies like in Daggerfall, but it's just too simple right now. If you had tried to set up Dunmer like that somewhere, you would've realized how bland a setup it is.
>>
File: Language Map.png (38KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Language Map.png
38KB, 1204x650px
And the map I posted before but never bothered finishing because in the middle of it, I realised I should start all over. Has a bit of the squiggliness and I thought I might start with individual language maps so I can show minority areas as well.

Most of this is my own imagination btw
>>
What's the relationship between Arcturian heretics and Numidium Worshippers? Redguard Forum Madness seems to indicate that they are one the same:

>The Warp continues in the West, and not even the Blades can help their precious Empire of lies. Era's end awaits. All hail Arctus Underking! All hail the Brass God!
>"Julianos has always had a passion for brass," the grieving wife told the visiting Red Templars, "I did not know that indicated Arcturian allegiance."
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/redguard-forum-madness

But didn't Arctus/Underking destroy Numidium twice?
>>
>>54100718
Arctus was one with the Numidium so it seems to me like both groups would be persecuted equally.
>>
>>54100772
Both seem to be anti-Septim, so yes, sure. I'm more concerned with why would the heretics worship both when Underking used to battle Numidium in the past and was only interested in Mantella during the Warp.
>>
>>54097015
Hey, cool. While Skyrim was quite meh, I really liked the Thu'um. In theory more than in game though.
Short question about the Songs of Destiny on page 15, do you only have to roll the test once, or multiple times, since you are chanting it?

Also, a smol error I just noticed
>With the rope created, it must next imbued with one
or more words of power from a single shout that the
Tongue knows.
should be "next be" I think.
>>
>>54100893
Speaking of the Thu'um, I was thinking about it the other day in context with the Dwemer. Could it be argued as a form of tonal mechanics, given that you're speaking words and the "voice" (or "tone") is what forms the subsequent effect into reality?
>>
>>54100718
Could be what they had going on in-development that got edited later when they realised it didn't really work that well with what they wanted to do with Numidium and the Underking. In fact, the Arcturian Heresy also states that the Underking is actually Wulfharth, NOT Arctus, so "Hail Arctus Underking!" practically confirms that.

On the other hand, it could be hailing the brass god not as their deity but as a symbol of the truth.
>>
File: s13.jpg (859KB, 2000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
s13.jpg
859KB, 2000x1316px
>>54101248
>In fact, the Arcturian Heresy also states that the Underking is actually Wulfharth, NOT Arctus
Isn't Underking both? Merged due to either soultrapping complications, oversoul shenanigans or just plain old Dragon Break caused by Numidium's activation.
>>
>>54101260
Yeah, but the neato part is that the individuals apparently don't realise that- When you meet him he introduces himself as Arctus and in the Arcturian Heresy he introduces himself as Wulfharth, even though it's supposedly the founding document of a heresy apparently named because the Underking is named Arctus and the heretical idea is that this Underking is the true Talos and rightful holder of the Ruby Throne.

In particular, the Heresy claims (though it is in the third person) to be written "by The Underking, Ysmir Kingmaker," (it also confirms that this is also Ysmir Wulfharth in the text) and says:
>Zurin Arctus, the Grand Battlemage (not the Underking), then crowns Hjalti as Tiber Septim, new Emperor of All Cyrodiil.
In other words, it states, in no uncertain terms, that Wulfharth is the Underking and that Zurin is not the Underking.

However, toward the end there is also this
>After its work on Summerset Isle a new threat appears -- a rotting undead wizard who controls the skies. He blows the Numidium apart. But it pounds him into the ground with its last flailings, leaving only a black splotch.
Until this point the Underking, Wulfharth, is referred to again and again as a being made of ash, and returned to ash when he and Arctus killed each other, while Zurin left a body- To rot.

Of course, the Underking definitely comes back- This is not only confirmed at the end of the text, it is known because of the events of Daggerfall. So it would seem that either the two separated and both believe themselves the Underking, or the two were merged in Zurin's body (as it would be rather odd if Wulfharth were merely possessing Zurin's body, and wrote and disseminated a work that made it so clear Arctus was not the Underking, yet, as the Underking, introduced himself as Arctus).
>>
File: Chimki Breeki i v damki.png (1MB, 803x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Chimki Breeki i v damki.png
1MB, 803x1024px
>>54101393
Are you implying that the Underking has a split personality of sorts?

>In other words, it states, in no uncertain terms, that Wulfharth is the Underking and that Zurin is not the Underking.
I always took it to mean
>Zurin Arctus, the Grand Battlemage (not the Underking) [yet]

I must say, I find the whole story about Underking and Numidium and Talos fascinating. I wish we knew more about the First Numidian Effect and how exactly Talos used the Walk-Brass other than buttfucking Altmer in a single day and turning Rimmen into Pripyat.
>>
>>54101600
So what happened with Rimmen, anyway? Do you think all the remnants of the Akaviri disappeared? Who do you think rebuilt the city and settled it? Considering the city declared independence later, it seems like it wasn't the Khajiit. So was it another case of Nibenean filibusters like with Leyawiin?
>>
>>54101689
I like to think the descendants of Akaviri are still there, although maybe not that numerous. PGE1 says Rimmen was always its own thing, just paying tribute to the Mane.
>>
>>54101689
>Do you think all the remnants of the Akaviri disappeared?
After more than eight centuries? Probably. It's a Khajiiti city as of the novels, I think.

The way I see it, the city more or less fell under Khajiit control or psudo-control following the Dir-Kamal invasion, and then gradually the "Rim Men" Akaviri faded into obscurity while the city became majority-Khajiiti. They were probably Tsaesci, who probably couldn't really interbreed with the locals.

The city being independent, or at least nominally independent, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't Khajiiti. The most recent period of independence for Rimmen was following the Oblivion Crisis, a period where separatism was fairly common.
>>
>>54101851
I can imagine it being something like Leyawiin, a city that's inhabited by mostly Khajiiti but much of the power and wealth is controlled by the Nibeneneans.
That said, I don't understand how the same could've happened in Cheydinhal according to Oblivion.
>>
>>54101851
>They were probably Tsaesci, who probably couldn't really interbreed with the locals.
Though the Tsaesci snakemen were immortal supposedly, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
>>
>>54100893
>do you only have to test once?

That is correct, you make the test and then sustain the shout as described in the textbox.

>smol error
Accidents happen, I'll be sure to note it for patching in a later revisionl.

>>54100902
I can't remember the sources ATM, but I'm pretty sure that the prevelant theory is that both Thu'um and Shehai Shen She Ru both are different manifestations of Tonal Architecture.
>>
>>54101939
Attrition. Rimmen did fight wars with Elsweyr.
Either way, I believe texts like "Interview with Three Writers" make it clear that there aren't any (known) Akaviri populations left in Tamriel.

>>54101945
Yeah, all "sound magic" is conceptually related on some level.
>>
>>54100902
>>54101945
Also don't remember sources, but the crux of it is this
>the Music of the Spheres or equivalent is what gives form to Aurbis; Aurbis is unique in that it is not only a place where everything can be represented as a vibration or a wave in time but where the vibrations are also melodic
>the Towers inadvertently function as instruments or tuning forks adding their voices to the symphony in a very big way, altering its composition if used correctly, and even correlate to some extent with specific instruments (Numidium is a trumpet, Red Mountain is a drum (heartbeat), White-Gold is a harp, Snow-Throat is a throat (human voice); Each of these instruments is also added in the title theme of the game focusing on that Tower, which is a nice little detail, though references to the Towers and their Stones make it clear what they are independent of that, eg "plucking the strings of white-gold" and Lorkhan's Heart being called the Doom Drum)
>individuals singing or shouting or causing things to resonate at the correct frequencies can interfere with these vibrations and alter reality, with perhaps the most rigorous but also brutal form of this being tonal architecture, but the thu'um and shehai being other expressions; iirc in some sources it is confirmed that many more "ordinary" forms of magic also use incantations, which probably follow a similar logic, though those rely primarily on pouring your personal reserve of stored starlight (magicka) into the spell to power it
So while reality is a dream, it is also a song. The same way dreamers of a certain caliber can alter reality, so can musicians of a certain caliber. Yet we've never really seen godlike bards in TES, let alone been given the chance to be one :^(
>>
>>54097015
Another thing I just saw:
The Drain Vitality shout (on page 9) is (I think) missing an "also" in the text for the second word. As it is now you would lose the effect of the first word if you used the second one.

>>54101945
>Accidents happen
Yeah, I have my share of experience with that. Just wanna throw what I notice out there, so that it can be fixed in the future.
>>
>>54102026
>TES guitar battles where you use power chords and epic solos to smote your enemies with lightning
Fund it
>>
>>54101945
>>54102267
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsbzC9V0Yg
>>
File: hot redguard on khajiit action.gif (5MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
hot redguard on khajiit action.gif
5MB, 600x338px
Actually, going over what's said about Rimmen in The Infernal City, it may be a human city.
The guards are human, the only named Captain of the "Regulators" is human, and Khajiit are apparently the minority in the city.

Guess I need to finally finish this book some day.
>>
>>54102491
>>
File: high on skooma.jpg (481KB, 925x897px) Image search: [Google]
high on skooma.jpg
481KB, 925x897px
Someone please explain the connection between Argonians and the Hist to me, are they just mind-controlled drones like everyone says? If so, why are there Argonian bandits, or any Argonians outside of the Black Marsh that aren't in an army or spying on other races?
>>
>>54102918
The closer they get to the Hist, the more individuality they lose.
>>
File: Beyond_Skyrim.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond_Skyrim.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>54099944
>Does anybody else feel that Orcs who grew up in close proximity to Breton society should speak with Cockney accents?
But Bretons are Frenchies.
>>
>>54102932
But why does the Hist allow Argonians to get out of hand like that, it doesn't seem like there should be any deviation from the norm if they're all controlled in the first place and therefore no Argonian crime.
>>
>>54103010
That's a pretty Frostcrag Spire.

>>54103034
Has it occurred to you that maybe this is what the Hist wants? That the Hist are sapients and possibly criminals?
>>
File: Cloud Ruler Temple.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Ruler Temple.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>54103058
It does look nice. First part of Beyond Skyrim: Bruma got released few hours ago http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84946/

I'm yet to try it out though.
>>
>TES ethnicity = real life ethnicity meme
Bretons are a diverse group of people, from the Breto-Nords of the north coast (Jehanna, Farrun), the Normarans north of the Kurallian mountains, the Manmer of the Illiac bay, the Bjoulsae wildmen, the eastern mountain people and the Glenumbrans in the west.
>>
>>54103120
Meh
>>
>>54103132
Reachmen aren't so much a distinct ethnic group as a cultural identity adopted by disenfranchised bretons who turn to the old ways and daedra worship
>>
>>54103149
I wouldn't count Reachmen as Bretons at all desu, they're a nation of Breto-Nedic-Nordic-Mer mixlings with their own language.
>>
>>54103120
I don't really feel like bothering with Skyrim right now. Maybe if Beyond Skyrim is ever finished I'll give it a whirl though.
>>
File: 1493804725136.jpg (851KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493804725136.jpg
851KB, 1920x1080px
There's a different, very lore-friendly mod that expands into Cyrodiil that I'm paying more attention to. Jungle Cyrod soon.
>>
>>54103132
>Bretons are a diverse group of people
Yes and Cyrodiil was supposed to have distinctive Nibenese, Akaviri and Colovian cultures yet Bethesda streamlined all of that. They're doing the same to Bretons.

>oh look, they have french sounding names and we already have vikings and romans, so I guess they will be the generic medieval knights

Anyway, I brought that up because orcs having cockney accents sounds cool but makes no sense.
>>
>>54103241
Who cares about Bethesda, I'm talking Perfect Tamriel(TM) here
>>
File: 8Vd5iKHYFWM.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8Vd5iKHYFWM.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>>54103266
Fair enough.
>>
>>54103226
Wow, it somehow manages to actually look like it's in the Oblivion engine. I don't like jungles, they're the worst biome. Good riddance to bad lore, I say.
>>
>>54103120
Why would Cloud Ruler Temple even be still standing?
>>
>>54104022
I think the point of that mod is more to recreate Oblivion's world in a nicer-looking engine.
>>
>>54103614
>jungles are the worst biome
That's not how you spell temperate agrarian countryside
>>
File: 1494706583517.jpg (180KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1494706583517.jpg
180KB, 945x945px
>>54103132
>Kurallian mountains
What.
>>
>>54104326
I'm not sure where the name comes from but it's the mountain range north of Wrothgarian mountains.
>>
File: 24234-1-1350940317.jpg (110KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
24234-1-1350940317.jpg
110KB, 1600x900px
>>54104022
I guess leaving charred remains would be too boring for the players.

>>54104124
You're thinking of Skyblivion. Like Skywind but for Oblivion.
This is Beyond Skyrim which plans to recreate Tamriel in the current era.

All of these project share assets which is pretty cool.
>>
>>54104462
All of these project share a dumb engine which is pretty retarded.
>>
>>54100718
everything from daggerfall is a convoluted mess and should have stayed buried
>>
File: NLAdrYS.jpg (185KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
NLAdrYS.jpg
185KB, 1280x800px
>>54104596
Yeah, no way around that. I'd much rather play a heavily modded Oblivion or Morrowind instead of their fan remakes.

However the promise of Beyond Skyrim seems really interesting.
>>
>>54104739
Wasted effort imho, but not as bad as skywind.
>>
File: 2dgrmt3.jpg (429KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2dgrmt3.jpg
429KB, 1600x900px
>>54104739
>>54104876
We will get to explore Morrowind, Cyrodiil, Skyrim and possibly High Rock (they are apparently picking up the pace on the planning for it) in the next decade, all that on a higher standard and according to established non-retconned lore.
>>
>>54100718
The Anumidum is in some sense a symbol of truth and revelation, its return and the Warp in the West forebode the destruction of the Empire. A prophecy set from the Empire's very inception, which was likewise built by Numidium.

>>54101248
The name of the book 'The Arcturian Heresy' is not bringing the implication that the idea of Wulfarth being the Underking is said heresy, but rather that viewing Arctus as the Undeking is a heresy to Wulfharth. Therefore, Arctus' followers are the 'Arcturian heretics.'

>>54101393
The 'Arcturian Heresy' makes it clear, in one of the quotes you just mentioned, that Zurin and Wulfharth are NOT the same Underking.
Wulfharth never makes any indication that he is the Underking seen in Daggerfall, this is not the debate, it is made overtly clear that the Underking in Daggerfall was Arctus.
All the 'Arcturian Heresy' argues is that Zurin Arctus is not the true Underking, in other words, that the Underking we see in Daggerfall is not the real Underking. Basically, the Underking is a thing that has been around in the Tamrielic mythos for a long time, since at the very latest, the Second Akaviri Invasion. Wulfharth claims that he was the original Underking, and that Arctus is merely trying to impose himself into the pre-existing role.

Note that every source regarding what happened with Zurin after his clash with Numidium states that without his Heart he is forced into a dormant slumber. While the Arcturian Heresy itself states that Wulfharth stuck around for awhile, even coming to advise (or perhaps assassinate) Pelagius I.
>>
>>54104387
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Sage
>>
>>54104931
Now that and OpenMW do make me moist.
>>
>>54104664
>he doesn't understand Daggerfall
Brainlet.
>>
>>54105009
Seems like Kurallian mts. is just an alternative name for Wrothgarian mts.
>>
File: argonian_by_repachillo-d9lw7om.jpg (360KB, 753x1401px) Image search: [Google]
argonian_by_repachillo-d9lw7om.jpg
360KB, 753x1401px
>>54102918
>Someone please explain the connection between Argonians and the Hist to me, are they just mind-controlled drones like everyone says?
From what I remember, the only time there were Argonians that actually became mind-controlled was when that one Hist went completely crazy in The Infernal City. Other than that, I don't recall them doing any mind-controlling.
>>
>>54104958
But at the same time Mantella is supposed to be Arctus' Heart and Wulfharth's Soul?
>>
>>54105433
It's likely a subrange of the Wrothgarians, yes.
>>
>>54100718
Hold on, there are people who worship Numidum?
>>
>>54101393
How do we know it's not like in Oblivion's Lost Boy Cavern, where a lich named Erandur manages to take over the body of the mage Vangaril, and thereby becomes Erandur-Vangaril, both their souls somehow being incorporated into the same form?
>>
>>54103177
Just remember that the High Rock Bretons do not consider the Reachmen to be Bretons - even if they were Bretons racially, they are culturally distinct from their kin to the point of being disowned.

Makes you wonder if that happens to other groups - Imperials who live so long in other territories they aren't considered Imperial anymore or something.

>>54103241
>A Direnni Tower that doesn't just look like the White-Gold tower

So...beautiful...
>>
>>54102267
I'll make a note of it for a future revision.

>>54102582
This is an accurate description of my work as Project Coordinator.
>>
Who are the Druids of Galen?
>>
>>54104931
That's what they said about Tamriel Rebuilt over a decade ago.
I just wish they'd rebrand the Morrowind Mainland of Tamriel Rebuilt into a different name, since they plan on only doing the Morrowind mainland proper anymore and it's a wholly different dev team these days.
I wonder what will come first - finished TR for Morrowind, or a Beyond Skyrim province?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 321x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 321x242px
>>54106773
Probably a coven of Nedic Y'ffre worshipers before the elves got to them. To this day Bretons are worshiping Y'ffre so they evidently hold their pagan roots in high regards.
>>
>>54106835
All the provinces operate under the name of Project Tamriel, they're in full collaboration.
>>
>>54106850
Apparently they also worship Phynaster, and see Sheor as a god of crop failure, a demonized version of Shor. Which I find interesting because it seems like Sheor came out of negative interactions with the Nords, not out of some Elf-favoritism.
>>
>>54105384
To be fair, apparently even Bethesda didn't understand it at the time since the official "chronicles" guide they wrote says, in the "real story" section, that, under Lord Woodborne's command, Gortwog's orcs killed Lysandus and hacked up his body, but in the game the moving painting shows Wayrest soldiers assassinating him with a dagger and Woodborne's journal complains that the orcs actually tried (and failed) to protect Daggerfall's king.
>>
>>54108286
Clearly the only way to figure this out is to cyberbully Nesmith (who wrote that book and still works at Bethesda) until he clears this up.
>>
File: 1458406486887.jpg (345KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458406486887.jpg
345KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>54104931
>>54104739
>>54104462
>>54103311
>>54103120
>>54103010
Not to be a stinge but don't mods like Beyond Skyrim just show that Bethesda can delay the next Elder Scrolls as much as they want. The modding for Skyrim is so strong that there are mods the size of official dlcs and soon enough mods the size of the actual game.
>>
>>54109465
If anything it drives them to try to monetize mods, hence the whole "contacted DLC" "PAID MODS " debacle
>>
>>54109735
I kind of want modders to be paid because hey, everyone should get paid for their labor if they want. But I most certainly do not want Bethesda and Valve sticking their grubby little hands into their profits.
>>
>>54109823
Thing that worries me is that someday it's probably going to become a 'gate' instead of an optional way to get mods. If it lasts, Bethesda would have plenty of power to make it so that in whatever game they make next, you can only get mods through their new modding thingee.

But that's not really TES specific. You ever wonder if there are mods that just add lorebooks from old games?
>>
>>54110295
>You ever wonder if there are mods that just add lorebooks from old games?
There are mods like this for all three 3D TES games though
>>
Is the 5e conversion for TES any good? What about Dungeon World?

How would you guys recommend running a TES Campaign?
>>
>>54111978
UESRPG. It's not fully finished yet, but it's made for the setting and all.
>>
>>54112219
I wasn't really wanting to get into that RPG.
>>
>>54109823
>everyone should get paid for their labor if they want
>I most certainly do not want Bethesda
In other words, "the people I like should get paid, but not those I don't like". Bethesda literally made the game and modders use their assets.
>>
>>54112270
Sorry friend, but it's what I recommend.
>>
>>54112818
Is the game any good or hard to learn for a 5e player?
>>
>>54107613
>Which I find interesting because it seems like Sheor came out of negative interactions with the Nords
Reminder that everyone has had unfavourable interactions with the Nords, even other Nords. Only the Empire (who "forgives" everyone for diplomatic reasons) and the Nords (because they're also Nords) have not let that affect their culture's treatment of Nordic culture, though even the Empire sees them as uncivilised savages.

Here is a pretty concise but informative video on the diplomatic history of Skyrim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lYXaVkA0U
>>
>>54086352
I would like that very much. It would be cool to implement Ash and Ashlands survival stuff into a game.
>tfw not cooking a scrib stuck on your spear like a shishkebab, huddled in a cave while an Ashstorm wails outside
>>54087758
Beautiful. Searched for image on google, but I couldn't find the original page. Got the source?
>>
>>54109823
Then donate to the modders? If you go in EXPECTING pay you don't mod, you develop your own game or run a kickstarter for a game you have no intention of actually finishing (which has the added benefit that it doesn't even have to be a videogame or even a game, you can use kickstarter for just about any idea).

>>54112405
And in order to make the mods the modder pays for the game, and in order to play the mods the player pays for the game. They already got their slice of the pie.

For comparison, I don't know what this "contracted DLC" shit's payment plan is, but the paid mods via steam was a 25-25-50 split (iirc) with Zenimax getting 50% and the authors and valve getting 25 each, to use a game that is a one-time purchase to acquire the "license" to mod but that the consumer would also have to purchase, meaning Zenimax was already making a tremendous profit by milking both tits WITHOUT charging for mods (and let's face it, most of the PC player base would not buy Bethesda games without mods, even if they're the kind of people who only use a few- the mods FIX the fucking game).

Now let's compare that to a few actual game engines, that are far more flexible and robust than the Creation engine is to begin with. Cryengine is 10 dollars a month, flat, no strangeness there. It's not a royalty system, so it can be harder to compare to the paid mods thing, but assuming the launch price of 60 dollars for a Bethesda game, you would as a modder have to license Cryengine for 6 months to equal the cost.
>>
>>54113538
But for something directly relatable not to what they're already making but what they were set to rake in with paid mods, Unreal Engine 4 is a fantastic engine that has a 5% royalty fee after the first 3000 USD made in a fiscal quarter. Zeinmax was asking 50% of all sales off of mods to fix a bad game they pushed out. Let that shit sink in.

Of course, as a modder, if you're SELLING your mod and you use tools like 3dsmax instead of the godawful piece of shit that is blender you also have to pay to license that software. And that's without going into rights held by modders to their own resources, which traditionally are shared at worst with permission between modders- And if those assets are made with a free (student) copy of 3dsmax, that's off-limits if you're trying to sell it. It destroys the collaborative nature of a modding scene, bringing quality down across the board. So have fun actually having any sort of profit margin if you're trying to sell a half-decent mod!
>>
Not lore.
>>
>>54113612
Yeah, sorry. My blood just fucking boils to see people shilling that shit even here.

Though I guess it's /tg/, people here are used to being scammed by big companies for cheap mass-produced shit sold at top dollar.
>>
>>54103010
Some are. Some are Welsh. Some are English.
>>
>>54103241
There's nothing wrong with medieval knights. Not EVERYTHING has to have big mushrooms and animal-people and wacky bullshittery slapped onto it.

I mean, it shouldn't be 100% basic shit, but don't knock Feudal European Fantasy. Shit's cool.
>>
>>54090339
Well, Vivec does lance-a-lot :^)
>>
>>54113809
I want to marry that blonde girl.
>>
>>54114041
Do you mean the redhead? Cause the kid looks more like a boy to me.
>>
>>54114064
I want to marry that blonde boy then.
>>
>>54114269
you're the priest in the pic aren't you
>>
File: sothasil2.jpg (213KB, 1080x617px) Image search: [Google]
sothasil2.jpg
213KB, 1080x617px
>>54097803
Cannons, but not hand-cannons, which are now canon.
>>
>>54114290
Sounds like a lot of headcanon to me.
>>
>>54114326
Nah, the neck pain alone would make it nonviable
>>
File: pge01_highrock_pic_01.jpg (57KB, 200x425px) Image search: [Google]
pge01_highrock_pic_01.jpg
57KB, 200x425px
>>54113809
It just needs something more than Feudal European Fantasy. I don't hate it - I love historical Europe, that shit's my jam - but it needs something to stand out and feel unique. I remember there being a google doc where some anons gathered together as much 'cool lore' about Bretons as possible, even pictures.
>>
>>54115315
Hey, I think I remember that too. It was here about six months or so ago, wasn't it? Guess it was kinda just forgotten by the next thread.
>>
>>54115315
>>54115637
Are you talking about this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dM0O4dV7lMBQjqDMLfM3MIpcISy6JbaJsBOjiw8YxJI/edit
I'd like to see something like this done for every province desu
>>
>>54115733
Yep, pretty sure that's what I (>>54115637) was talking about at least.

One for each region would be pretty dope though morrowind's would probably be like eight times as long as the others. I think I'd have a lot to contribute to a few of them.
>>
>>54115733
Either I'm to retarded to find out how to comment there, or the comments are not enabled anymore.
Anyways, seems like majhost.com is ded. And with it some of the images.
>>
>>54116122
>>54116145
[Hello.]
>>
Now that neither Dwemer nor the blinding mushroom exist anymore, would it be possible for Falmer to evolve their sight back? I mean, they seem to visit aboveground places (albeit rarely so far), such as attacking travellers near Dragon Bridge on the road to Whiterun, and described in a book "Ghosts in the Storm".
>>
>>54116185
>>54116218
Yeah sorry, made some typos and forgot to mention few things. Due to serial deleting.
>>
>>54113538
>Then donate to the modders? If you go in EXPECTING pay you don't mod, you develop your own game or run a kickstarter for a game you have no intention of actually finishing (which has the added benefit that it doesn't even have to be a videogame or even a game, you can use kickstarter for just about any idea).
Nah fuck that, labor is labor.
>>
>>54116466
I'd like you to pay me (and Zenimax) for the fanfiction I write.
>>
>>54097015
Is it true that you're missing both legs because of service in Iraq? Or is that just a rumor
>>
>>54111978
>>54113163

I don't personally know a lot about the 5e conversion, but you should be able to find a link to it in the previous /tgesg/ thread I think (Link titled Previous Kalpa in the OP) if you want to give it a look.

As for how hard UESRPG would be to learn for a 5e player, Its hard to say as I haven't had the chance to play that particular edition yet.
It's a d100 system primarily, though it uses other dice as well for things like damage and initiative.
You can always give chapter 1 a read and see if the mechanics are to your liking, and if not, we have linked several other homebrews in the File/Link compendium (First link in the OP, scroll down to page 4)

>>54116561
Huh, that one is new. I was not even aware that there were rumors about me to start with.
Both my legs are still very much attached to my body, though the left one was paralyzed for half a year after an accident, causing a fracture in my spine and some nerve damage.
>>
>>54117182
Dude, sorry to hear you lost every limb fighting xenomorphs.
>>
>>54117182
Is it true that you grew two extra legs because of service in Iraq? Or is that just a rumour.
>>
File: m'aiq.png (526KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
m'aiq.png
526KB, 800x452px
>>54117294
>>54117353

People always enjoy a good fable. M'aiq has yet to find one, though. Perhaps one day.
>>
File: 1494957553262.jpg (47KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
1494957553262.jpg
47KB, 400x312px
How common do you imagine the use of magic is in High Rock?

How do you think it affects the daily life of Bretons?
>>
>>54117556
The Breto-Nedic commoners probably wouldn't know any other than maybe some simple folk magic (especially up north) and if they needed anything stronger, there'd be a village seer to help. I figure the closer one moved to the Illiac bay, the more proficient they would be, with the Manmer elites having Altmer teach their children in the way of magic.
>>
>>54117556
Check out that google doc earlier; there's a point in the Misc section where it talks about just how crazy common magic and hedge wizards are in High Rock.
>>
>>54117556
I always imagine that the gameplay/class characteristics of each race is *highly* exaggerated.
Not every, or even most, Redguards are Warriors, nor Bosmer Archers, nor Nords Barbarians. It's just that those are their prototypical forms, their heroes and almost their mascots.

I'd say questing wannabe-knights are probably more common than Mages, though probably every city has a major Magical order of some kind, Magical Servants of the local court, etc.

In the more 'tribal' regions, like the Bjoulsae, they'd have witches and shamans and the like, doing all kinds of wacky shit. Probably.
>>
>>54114663
>Nah, the neck pain alone would make it nonviable
Are you an engineer or a coward? If you think it's nonviable that just means you have to try harder!
>>
Is the Great War supposed to an allegory to the war between Auriel and Lorkhan? The Altmer, the people of Auriel, wage war against humanity, the people of Lorkhan. The Altmer win, and enforce the White-Gold Concordat (Convention), tearing the heart (Talos) out of the Empire. The Altmer are, however, unable to fully destroy the heart (Dethrone Talos/ban his worship), as it is the heart of the still-existing Empire (Mundus).
>>
Why does everyone hate house Hlaalu? If I'm paying a "for the emperor"-tier imperial are they not the best house?
>>
>>54116218
Gelebor hopes it's possible but I don't think regaining just the eyesight will be enough. The Dwemer managed to somehow completely degenerate their souls into white ones. To reattain full sentience they'll need external help through multiple generations.
>>
>>54119358
That's exactly why the other great houses hate them
>>
>>54119358
If you play as a filthy n'wah they sure are fine
>>
File: ChzG_zrUUAEhfx8.jpg (27KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
ChzG_zrUUAEhfx8.jpg
27KB, 600x328px
>>54093924
>guns are not okay in TES
>literally canons existing even as far back as the 2nd era when Cyrus was still around
>>
>>54119568
>canons
Unbelievable how even here people mix these up.
>>
>>54119431
What if Auriel or some benevolent God like Merida just comes in and fixes everything for the Falmer.
>>
>>54119568
Redguard was set in the 18th century because Bethesda ha no idea what to do with TES.
>>
>>54119468
I believe he's asking why people irl don't like Hlaalu
>>54119358
Basically because if they had their way, Dunmer culture, values, and soverignty go out the window in exchange for money and political leverage.

>>54119592
ikr it's hilarious.
last thread someone word for word said
>using canons is fucking cannon
>>
>>54119595
>benevolent God like Merida
>>
>>54119431

I always assumed the white souls were just a gameplay mechanic. It's also possible soul colour may be tied to sentience. Gelebor mentions they have been increasing in intelligence over time. Their soul colour may change with it.
>>
>>54119595

The Aedra can't directly interfere in the affairs of mortals, and the Daedra don't care/can't do anything about it. Daedric influence is limited by the barrier Akatosh established.
>>
>>54119801
People here don't seem to understand that a 'Black soul' is just a complex soul that Arkay will not allow to be trapped.
There is no such thing as 'soul colour.' The reason they are called 'Black Souls' is because only Black Soul Gems can trap them.
>>
File: realmannimarco_190.jpg (299KB, 922x1000px) Image search: [Google]
realmannimarco_190.jpg
299KB, 922x1000px
>>54119801
>I always assumed the white souls were just a gameplay mechanic.
They are but there's also a lore explanation which differentiates the two. Arkay basically invented a way to protect sentient souls of the mortals to stop the necromancers from enslaving them.

However, after the Warp in the West, Mannimarco became a god and replaced Arkay in the pantheon in one of the endings. Once Jills healed the timeline he now only appears as a moon, orbiting around Arkay and allowing his followers to create black soul games. He basically cracked the DRM.
>>
>>54119977
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Souls,_Black_and_White
>Centuries of experimentation has demonstrated that there are black souls and white souls. Only the rare black soul gem can hold the soul of a higher creature, such as a man or an elf. While the souls of lesser creatures can be captured by gems of many colors, they are all categorized as white soul gems. Hence the division of souls into black and white.

Sure they aren't literally black but the classification was still coined.
>>
>>54119977

Doesn't complexity just replace colour then? Meaning that as the falmer grow in intelligence, their souls will gradually become more complex, therefore becoming black souls?
>>
>>54119773
Meridiaa never done anything objectively wrong
>>
>>54120151
you're right man. Sure she supported a whole race of elves that butcher people and make meat gardens out of their organs for funsies because Kynareth set Megaman upon them, but no, nothing wrong
>>
>>54120151

That's because she was originally an Aedra who was thrown out. She's somewhat dominating in Skyrim (You WILL help me and you WILL spread my worship), but she sticks to her word when she gives you Dawnbreaker, and she seems to be relatively benevolent. She decries her temple being in ruins because it means humanity no longer "loves her" and she cannot spread her "love" to humanity. Regardless of what she considered "love" to be, she shows a genuine concern for the souls within her temple, to the point where she enlists the help of an outsider who is working for an Aedra to ensure they remain at peace.
>>
File: knifears.png (58KB, 381x332px) Image search: [Google]
knifears.png
58KB, 381x332px
>>54120151
I found your profile picture.
>>
>>54120301
God I hate Skyrimbabies. I really really do.
>>
>>54120269

How much of that was Meridia fighting against the Aedra, though? It makes sense that she would oppose them, considering they had a hand in casting her out. She also does come across as somewhat insane and bitter due to her circumstances. Combine that with divine power and you will not get a nice result.

>>54120338

That's not an argument, and it's still a game in the canon.
>>
>>54120269

I don't understand why she would support Umaril considering the Ayelid faction he represented consorted with the undead.

>Pelinal

Is fucking insane.

"Pelinal drove the Ayleid armies past the Niben and claimed the eastern lands for the Alessian Rebellion. It is even said that Pelinal's advance was so swift, that he accidentally found himself in Elsweyr, slaying a profuse amount of Khajiit before realizing that they were not actually elves."
>>
>>54120446
>I don't understand why she would support Umaril considering the Ayelid faction he represented consorted with the undead.
Because they also worshiped her and did her dirty deeds. She's a hypocrite. Also she was fucking Umaril so she's a whore on top of it.

>Is fucking insane
Mistakes happen. He stopped on time.
>>
>>54119358
The problem is that they're even hypocrites on that front - it's all just a means for them to make more money or whatever it is they really want to do. They're not really your friend if you're Imperial leaning even though they are on the face of it, but even if you scratch the surface they aren't that strongly tied to traditional Dunmer values. They're the most shifty sons of bitches.
>>
>>54120392
>>54120446
She pretty much just supported Umaril out of spite. Pelinal was a product of the Magna-Ge and by association alone, she supported Umaril to fuck him up regardless whether Ayleids had anything to do with the undead.

Either that or bethesda had forgotten about consistency in their own lore as usual
>>
>>54120537
>Either that or bethesda had forgotten about consistency in their own lore as usual
Don't blame Bethesda's consistency. KotN was written by MK.

Good thing Bethesda filtered his retardation like Kyn=Meridia. Christ, fuck that crackhead.
>>
>>54120576
Kyne*
>>
>>54120576
I thought it was written by him but not solely since I assumed Kuhlman and the others pulled some strings here and there but still
>>
>>54120604
Yeah, they filtered some stuff out. Like Huna's gender and Reman ejaculating on corpses hands free.
>>
Friendly reminder that Meridiafags are poor fools bewitched by warped starlight.
>>
>>54119691
>last thread someone word for word said
> >using canons is fucking cannon
Joke, your head, etc.
>>
>>54120620

Isn't Huna confirmed as a man? And what's this about Reman?
>>
File: Pelinal Huna.png (299KB, 876x616px) Image search: [Google]
Pelinal Huna.png
299KB, 876x616px
>>54121556
>Isn't Huna confirmed as a man?
On reddit. In-game they never mention his gender.
>>
>>54121696

How can Pelinal have a sexuality if he's supposed to be a robot?

And what's this about Reman cumming on corpses? I assume that was also from MK?
>>
File: aethernaut3.jpg (246KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
aethernaut3.jpg
246KB, 1364x768px
>>54121768
Are you saying robots can't be gay?
>>
File: 73678dfb1b5_512.png (127KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
73678dfb1b5_512.png
127KB, 512x512px
>>54121768
>How can Pelinal have a sexuality if he's supposed to be a robot?
How can he dream? Or drink mead? Or eat neck-veins?

>And what's this about Reman cumming on corpses? I assume that was also from MK?
Unreleased book by MK about Reman. It was supposed to appear in KotN IIRC. https://www.imperial-library.info/content/fireside-chats enjoy.
>>
>>54122063
>>54122017

I suppose they could be, if they were sentient and possessed the right equipment, emotions, and desires for the job?

So let me get this straight. Penlinal is a mad homosexual time-traveling android created by the gods specifically to kill elves?
>>
>>54122124
Yes, you got it on the nose
>>
File: 1434010544979.png (1MB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
1434010544979.png
1MB, 1200x805px
>>54122124
Pretty much.
>>
When each kalpa ends, does the whole process of Anu and Padomay being formed, Lorkhan creating the world, and so, repeat, or is the world just wiped clean of all live, leading to the Divines and Daedra changing places and coming down with amnesia?
>>
>>54122156
I still don't understand this image and it's context. Why is Pelinal having his metallic fingers painted by an Altmer or Ayleid noblewoman.
>>
>>54122017
Hey, Trainwiz, what's your opinion on (totallynot)paid mods?
>>
>>54122306

Alessia fought with a coalition of anti-slavery Ayleid nobles. They would have fought in her armies alongside Penlinal. It seems he was only created to kill elves opposing humanity, rather than all elves regardless of who they were.
>>
File: 1463689141719.jpg (153KB, 558x620px) Image search: [Google]
1463689141719.jpg
153KB, 558x620px
>>54122306
Just robots enjoying little things in life before they resume their time-traveling.
>>
File: 1464281761131.jpg (216KB, 729x1593px) Image search: [Google]
1464281761131.jpg
216KB, 729x1593px
>>54122348
That's Ayrenn.
>>
>>54119358
At face value, they are in bed with the outlander scum that took Morrowind through trickery instead of honorable and noble battle.
Inside, they are the most xenophobic House that actively works against the Empire to MMGA. A house divided against itself, as it were.
Plus the king is a Hlaalu, he's basically an outlander, he's the son of a man who betrayed the Dunmer to work for the guy who conquered them, and he poisoned the beloved former and native king to get the throne.
It's interesting because they embody Vivec/Mephala quite well in their duplicity, but they're such fucking cunts nobody can stand them.
IRL, people love the Hlaalu for their architecture and placid territories, but little else. The Redoran are the autistic warrior people and the Telvanni are the asperger wizard people, stealth mechanics in Morrowind are trash so it's hard to enjoy the Hlaalu on their own merits. Plus they are really, really, really racist - at least, people will tell you, the Telvanni make a point of having slaves of all colors in the markets - but the Hlaalu exclusively rely on argonians and khajiit, and one of the highest ranking councilors is a sex offender who rapes argonian slaves and molests lower ranks thanks to his position.
Hlaalu are scum.
>>
>>54122017
>Are you saying robots can't be gay?
Only if they identify as the opposite of the gender of their lover.
Or gender preferences cannot apply to machines with no inherent gender, but I think a robot would either be male, female, indifferent, or bisexual; possibly omnisexual, I bet robots would fuck anything once they got around the logic of fucking turtles or something, at which point you wonder if they make a robo-turtle to insert their intelligence into when they want to fuck a turtle to justify it or what.
I'm glad I wasn't born in the era where people will have to argue about that in congress.
>>
File: 1491343674243.png (122KB, 307x354px) Image search: [Google]
1491343674243.png
122KB, 307x354px
>trusting Aedra
>trusting Daedra
>>
File: centrino.png (302KB, 808x592px) Image search: [Google]
centrino.png
302KB, 808x592px
>>54122734
le middle of the road egsd
>>
File: 1464551827236.png (189KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1464551827236.png
189KB, 500x418px
>>54122734
>wearing a fedora
>>
File: egijtg.jpg (1MB, 1000x1268px) Image search: [Google]
egijtg.jpg
1MB, 1000x1268px
>>54122734
The only acceptable worship is of our Living Gods, of course
>>
File: n'wah be like.png (133KB, 398x300px) Image search: [Google]
n'wah be like.png
133KB, 398x300px
>>54122839
>worshipping false gods
By Azura, by A-ZUR-A!
>>
>>54122614
Hlaalu might be in bed with Cammona Tong but it doesn't mean they have any higher aspirations, it's just opportunism.
>>
File: briarheart.jpg (310KB, 1197x600px) Image search: [Google]
briarheart.jpg
310KB, 1197x600px
Saw this image two threads back, thought it was cool how the symbol in the top right looks like the markarth flag. Wouldn't surprise me if the markarth flag was based on reachman symbolism.
>>
>>54122330
He's one of the members.
>>
>>54122330
He sold out.
>>
>>54123329

Come again.
>>
>>54122839
>not becoming a god

Speaking of which:
>In a word: the first work of the hero is to retreat from the world scene of secondary effects to those causal zones of the psyche where the difficulties really reside, and there to clarify the difficulties, eradicate them in his own case and break through to the undistorted, direct experience and assimilation of what C. G. Jung has called "the archetypal images."
>This is the process known to Hindu and Buddhist philosophy as viveka, "discrimination."
>>
>>54123719
>The archetypes to be discovered and assimilated are precisely those that have inspired, throughout the annals of human culture, the basic images of ritual, mythology, and vision. These "Eternal Ones of the Dream" are not to be confused with the personally modified symbolic figures that appear in nightmare and madness to the still tormented individual. Dream is the personalized myth, myth the depersonalized dream; both myth and dream are symbolic in the same general way of the dynamics of the psyche. But in the dream the forms are quirked by the peculiar troubles of the dreamer, whereas in myth the problems and solutions shown are directly valid for all mankind.
>The hero, therefore, is the man or woman who has been able to battle past his personal and local historical limitations to the generally valid, normally human forms. Such a one's visions, ideas, inspirations come pristine from the primary springs of human life and thought. Hence they are eloquent, not of the present, disintegrating society and psyche, but of the unquenched source through which society is reborn. The hero has died as a modern man; but as eternal man—perfected unspecific, universal man—he has been reborn. His second solemn task and deed therefore is to return then to us, transfigured, and teach the lesson he has learned of life renewed.
>>
>>54123515
>>54123329
Really?? What did he say?
>>
>>54123329
Why are people just now finding this out
>>
File: todd.jpg (34KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
34KB, 540x540px
>>54124017
Buy my mods!
>>
>>54124029
Can you give me a real answer? I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 65648-2-1431055483.jpg (395KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
65648-2-1431055483.jpg
395KB, 1600x900px
>>54124137
You'll have be more specific about that, I can answer most questions.
>>
>>54124563

I believe he wants to know why you are now co-operating with Bethesda, considering it helps them push paid mods, a concept which has wholly been seen as negative.
>>
>>54124747
Because they addressed my criticisms, but nobody seems to believe that. They hired us, we have relatively large amounts of creative freedom, and they give direct support and assets and the pay is pretty good.
>>
>>54124782
Do you get access to internal creation tools/software so we can finally get those GOD DAMN FUCKING SPEARS that were shown off in the GameJam or is it just reskins and other shit they showed in the announcement
>>
File: and i am not a perfect man.png (173KB, 314x540px) Image search: [Google]
and i am not a perfect man.png
173KB, 314x540px
>>54124897
We get access to internal resources, but making new behaviors for spears will still take an assload of
>>
Reminder that paid mods are just one more thing to pirate.

t. proud owner of pirated Skyrim
>>
>>54124952
So what's the deal with trains, anyways? Do you have full on train sets or is just some sort of personal meme that grew out of control?
>>
File: ESO concept art Summerset.jpg (678KB, 1499x743px) Image search: [Google]
ESO concept art Summerset.jpg
678KB, 1499x743px
>trainwiz is lore now
Post concept art, s'wits
>>
File: ESO concept art Hammerfell.jpg (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ESO concept art Hammerfell.jpg
1MB, 1600x1000px
>>
File: Redoran architecture 1.jpg.jpg (330KB, 1270x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Redoran architecture 1.jpg.jpg
330KB, 1270x1000px
>>54125765
>modern Bethesda
>lore
>>
File: Skyforge.png (420KB, 680x412px) Image search: [Google]
Skyforge.png
420KB, 680x412px
>>54125824
Hey, I like a lot of the Skyrim lore.
Especially the stuff they never used.

So, the Skyforge is what, a geological artifact of Kyne?
>>
File: ESO concept art Blackmarsh3.jpg (645KB, 1473x800px) Image search: [Google]
ESO concept art Blackmarsh3.jpg
645KB, 1473x800px
>>
>>54125632
>train sets
Expensive.
>>
I'm sure someone, somewhere, wants to fuck this tower.
>>
>>54093311
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: Redoran.jpg (381KB, 564x749px) Image search: [Google]
Redoran.jpg
381KB, 564x749px
>>
>>54125910
I mean, I'm not saying that I personally am into that, but with all those orifices and moisture from the shrooms, I could understand wanting to stick your dick into it.
>>
>>54125861
Maybe it's a hist that decided to move to Skyrim and become a forge
>>
File: ESO concept art Stereotyping.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ESO concept art Stereotyping.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
I don't remember any Khajiit looking this much like Tony the Tiger.
>>54126021
That is literally retarded and I hope you're being ironic.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1600x667px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1600x667px
>tfw never got huge ruins like this that Old-God worshipping nords live in as makeshift cities
>>54126037
Stop posting ESO.
>>
Vehk walks up to Nerevar and Ayem, holding a basket of pomegranates, without a head, and they don't even react. What shitty friends.
>>
File: Casual_Decapitation.jpg (229KB, 659x545px) Image search: [Google]
Casual_Decapitation.jpg
229KB, 659x545px
>>54126080
Forgot pic
>>54126076
the concept art is the only serviceable thing about the game.
>>
File: Kwama_Egg_Mine_Concept_Art.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kwama_Egg_Mine_Concept_Art.png
2MB, 1600x900px
What do Kwama eggs taste like?
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 2613x1611px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2613x1611px
>>54126098
ESO or Skyrim?
If Skyrim you're right, if ESO then no. The ESO concept art looks generic, typical and bland. Skyrim's art actually looks pretty good.
God bless Adam Adamowicz.
>>
File: ESO concept art Hentai Forest.jpg (1MB, 2227x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ESO concept art Hentai Forest.jpg
1MB, 2227x1000px
>>54126177
Both really. ESO has some good art, but the game itself doesn't reflect it very well.
>>
File: Skyrim Solitude concept art.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Solitude concept art.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>54124782

And what were your criticisms? You see, a lot of people believe that mods should be free. If you want to donate to a modder, you can, but you aren't forced to. Will the mods Bethesda is pushing as paid content be available for free elsewhere? If they are not, then they are not mods. Bethesda is, in that case, just hiring modders to make content for them, content which should rightfully cost nothing.
>>
>>54126224
Eh. Not for me. Just doesn't have a unique feeling, like Skyrim's.
Ray Lederer's stuff is great too.
>>
File: Imperial City.png (1MB, 1166x684px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial City.png
1MB, 1166x684px
>>54126293
Yeah I can see it. I only like a few of them as a wallpaper like >>54125765
>>
>>54126288

>Will the mods Bethesda is pushing as paid content be available for free elsewhere? If they are not, then they are not mods. Bethesda is, in that case, just hiring modders to make content for them, content which should rightfully cost nothing.

Why would content that we're hired to make and professionally produce be free? Does that mean Dragonborn and Dawnguard should have been free?
>>
Modding club isn't lore.
Stop.
>>
File: Khajiiti Battlecats.jpg (51KB, 612x337px) Image search: [Google]
Khajiiti Battlecats.jpg
51KB, 612x337px
>you will never mount your sister and then ride her into battle against the Bosmer menace
>>
>>54126395

If they are mods, they should be free. If it is additional content, why is Bethesda hiring modders to make it for them? I think we all know that this is just paid mods by another name.
>>
>>54126632
>why is Bethesda hiring modders to make it for them?
We're not the only ones making this content though, Bethesda again, provides assets and resources. Are you also saying we're not good enough to design content professionally?
>>
>>54125765
>trainwiz is lore now
Eugh.
>>
File: flying colovian.png (169KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
flying colovian.png
169KB, 680x440px
>>54126668
Hope you like screaming trains bitch.
>>
>>54126224
Hentai forest? Seriously?
>>
File: best.png (101KB, 128x256px) Image search: [Google]
best.png
101KB, 128x256px
>microtransactions for a six year old singleplayer game

Anyway, what's your favorite Great House?
>>
File: Pelinal is the strongest waifu.jpg (111KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
Pelinal is the strongest waifu.jpg
111KB, 1014x788px
>>54126690
Of course
>>
>>54126728
>Anyway, what's your favorite Great House?
Dagoth.
>>
File: dunmeri qt and bedazzled guar.jpg (481KB, 2233x2233px) Image search: [Google]
dunmeri qt and bedazzled guar.jpg
481KB, 2233x2233px
>>54126728
Telvanni. They remind me of myself; socially retarded and alone.
>>
>>54126664

No, you wouldn't be accepted if you weren't professional. What I'm asking is why Bethesda can't create this content themselves. Why are they hiring modders to do work they should be doing themselves? The answer is that they want paid mods, and they are going to get them regardless of what the community thinks. They want their cut, and they want more content, but they can't be bothered to make it themselves. Their own website blatantly admits that this is just paid mods by a different name.

"We’ve looked at many ways to do “paid mods”, and the problems outweigh the benefits. We’ve encountered many of those issues before. But, there’s a constant demand from our fans to add more official high quality content to our games, and while we are able to create a lot of it, we think many in our community have the talent to work directly with us and create some amazing new things."

It's true, many within the community have the talent to create content, but this is not the way to do it. If Bethesda truly wanted more content for Skyrim, they would hire modders as full-time developers. By accepting a paycheck in return for creating paid mods, you degrade yourself and your work in the eyes of a large section of the community. The paid mods scheme brought out the worst in a lot of previously well respected modders. The community will say that not only have you sold the community out, but you have directly supported the introduction of paid mods and micro transactions into a six year old game.

You will get hate for it, so you should be ready.
>>
>>54126834
I really don't understand why you keep replying to him.
He's already made it clear he sold out.
>>
>>54126834
>They want their cut, and they want more content, but they can't be bothered to make it themselves.
But again, they are. You do realize they provide with a fuckton of support add to these things themselves right?
>>
>>54126834
Companies hire outside contractors all the time in the game industry.
>>
>>54126728
Redoran. They're the only ones who are interested in combating evil and protecting their people, plus they aren't filthy opportunists and accept outsiders who follow their customs and/or prove their worth to the house.
And they keep everything from floating off into aetherius.
>>
>>54126913

No, because I'm not a creator, so I don't know what they provide. They certainly don't provide support for Skyrim, considering both the standard edition and the special edition and still riddled with bugs and half finished content.
>>
>>54126935

To produce content paid for using micro transactions that was previously provided for free by said contractors?
>>
File: tatterdemalion2.jpg (513KB, 1080x665px) Image search: [Google]
tatterdemalion2.jpg
513KB, 1080x665px
>>54126942
>No, because I'm not a creator, so I don't know what they provide.
I said they provided assets.

>>54126956
Gotta tell you man, the stuff I'm working on is crazy enough that I would actually need help from Bethesda to make it. So not stuff I previously made, nor was it any previously announced content.
>>
>>54126728
Hlaalu. I can understand and even admire their actions.
>>
>>54126981
Honestly, I don't have a problem with it, with a few caveats. I don't want it to be little stuff- Mudcrab Armor or the like. But actual big stuff, like small or even fully fledged DLC's, maybe even ones that are actually considered Canon.
>>
>>54126981
More on-topic, would things you create be considered canon, I know your stuff already appeared in ESO, but I'm saying for any mod in general.
>>
>>54127011
>maybe even ones that are actually considered Canon.
As long as the lore comes directly from Bethesda themselves.
>>
>>54127027
Yeah, that's what I mean. Story by Bethesda writers, actual content by third party modders, held to a professional standard.
>>
File: train spider and fargoth spider.jpg (217KB, 969x562px) Image search: [Google]
train spider and fargoth spider.jpg
217KB, 969x562px
>>54127020
>More on-topic, would things you create be considered canon
Pretty much. Outside of referential or clear joke things. There's a "lore check" that's done. Like I said: hope you like screaming trains.
>>
>>54126981

If this does truly lead to more official content, I can accept it. If I see something I think I will like, I will buy it. I'm just telling you that you should prepare to receive hate, because the community is very divided over this issue. I will also admit that this system is much better than the old system, which was as money-grubbing as possible.

So let us see what you and the other modders make, and if it truly is worth money. If it's cosmetic shit, it won't be, but if this leads to more DLC content, it will be. I've often thought Skyrim should have had a third DLC, and that it had immense potential for expansion that wasn't used, so if this leads to more story content and DLC, I can get behind it.
>>
File: BrhuceGif.gif (1MB, 521x379px) Image search: [Google]
BrhuceGif.gif
1MB, 521x379px
>>54127107
>so if this leads to more story content and DLC

It's the only thing I really make.
>>
>>54126686
Can trains be a magical realm?

Can trains inside of a dream be a magical realm?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.