[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 21

File: mage supremacy general.png (92KB, 612x462px) Image search: [Google]
mage supremacy general.png
92KB, 612x462px
Previous thread: >>54042637
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Was Mage a mistake?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54061940
Absolutely.
>>
>>54061941
>So erasing the pentacle means erasing the system existence runs on. Not even the Exarchs would risk that.

The Pentacle is political, bruh. I don't know what you're trying to actually say, there's a few options for it
>>
>>54061975
fag
>>
>>54061940
I think it's Werewolf that was the mistake, OP. See previous thread for discussion of that subject:

>>54061785
>>54061750
>>54060854
>>54060800
>>54060676
>>54060630
>>54058691

>>54062016
I'm saying that the pentacle orders have been stamped out only to appear again in some form or another, whereas once a seer ministry bites the dust that's it.
>>
>>54062033
double(s) fag
>>
>>54061940
Mage was a mistake because people don't actually bother to learn how it works
>>
>>54062145
People were a mistake.
>>
>>54062145
I'm pretty sure magefags do know how it works. That's why people hate them so much.

They have this bad habit ot "WELL ACTUALLY"ing every misinformed anon they meet.
>>
>>54062242
>ow what you're trying to actually say, there's a few options for it
>>>
> Anonymous 06/29/17(Thu)00:02:08 No

Well, actually, mages make the best lovers.

>Prove me wrong.
>>
>>54062242
I do know how Mage works, which is why it makes me wanna pull out my hair when other people get it so wrong. And mostly its other magefags who get it wrong while they don't fucking realize how the game works.

Its almost like they are actually trolls getting it wrong on purpose to make the thread go to shit.
>>
>>54062308
Magefags are really good at baiting.

This is just a guess of mine though.
They could actually be retarded.
>>
>>54062308
im going to shield myself from gravity and jump into space nau!
>>
>>54062308

People have different rules for how mage works because mage is that sort of game where people have their own ideas.
>>
>>54062128

Don't 6+ entities also use Imperial Magic?
>>
>>54062366
Make sure to put some factors into duration for good measure
>>
>>54062308
As soon as you add rules for "creative thaumaturgy" there are going to be creative differences and therefore arguments.
>>
>>54062392
They do. Which is why Rank 6+ Entities are fucking scary. In most cases they can even get away with using it without doing a millennium's worth of paperwork
>>
>>54062392
equivalent but not magic
>>
>>54062392
DaveB has said no to this a bunch of times.

Imperial Magic is the purview of Archmages.
Rank 6+ Influences can mimic them narrowly.
>>
>>54062392
>Don't 6+ entities also use Imperial Magic?

No, most have Influences or similar abilities that, within a specific purview, create effects comparable to the Imperial Practices.
>>
>>54062392
When Luna uses her purview to shatter the minds of everything on the current moon side of Earth, she isn't using Transfiguration. She's using something similar, but not.

Same with the Gentry using not-Entities to convert unlucky humans wandering into the Hedge into Changelings
>>
>>54062285

Morality Question for Mages:

1. If a mage uses Mind Magic to convince a sleeper to have sex with them, is it rape? Y/N - Why?

2. If a mage uses Time Magic to keep going back in time until they have a perfect conversation with a sleeper and have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N - Why?

3. If a mage uses Life Magic to make themselves emit potent pheromones to lure sleepers to have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N - Why?
>>
>>54062509
Wizards can do whatever the fuck they want because they're wizards.

This is a stupid question.
>>
Picked up The Book of Chantries, Digital Web, and The Book of Worlds from my FLGS the other day. Nice to finally get some explanation on how the Digital Web works for Mages. Anyone ever go to the DW as Virtual Adepts or something? How was it?

>>54061940
>>54062069
^This. A billion times this.
>>
>>54062509
>1. If a mage uses Mind Magic to convince a sleeper to have sex with them, is it rape? Y/N - Why?

Yes, because the Sleeper is not able to consent of their own volition.

>2. If a mage uses Time Magic to keep going back in time until they have a perfect conversation with a sleeper and have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N - Why?

No, because the Sleeper is giving consent.

>3. If a mage uses Life Magic to make themselves emit potent pheromones to lure sleepers to have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N - Why?

Yes, because the Sleeper is not able to consent of their own volition.

Not really sure what you're trolling for, but fuck off.
>>
>>54062453
>>54062492
So if I used Spirit Transfiguration to give myself a rank 8 Influence of, let's say, Pride n' Pestilence, would my Seeker character still be bound by the set limitations of Transfiguration?

It's not technically Transfiguration, so I'm curious.
>>
>>54062509
this >>54062566
and #2 is like you changing your own behaviour. At worst it's pickup-artist skeevy (insincere change) and at best you're actually learning to be not shitty to someone like a non-autistic person should be able to. In this sense it's like a crutch for a disabled person.
>>
>>54062566
I too thought about all the ways i could rape people when i first read mage..
>>
>>54062658
or was that changing breeds..
>>
>>54062566

Not trolling - genuine question.

I agree with your view on the 1st and 2nd situation, but I disagree with the 3rd. If you took magic out of the equation and just had a person who smelled super nice because of pheromones, does that mean everyone they have sex with is being raped?
>>
>>54062308
>Its almost like they are actually trolls getting it wrong on purpose to make the thread go to shit.

Now this is a Mystery worthy of a mage's time
>>
>>54062612
Range limit is still there, but you could probably do anything related to those two purviews on a whim, just like Luna or another rank 8/9 being.

It's not Supernal magic though, so it won't garner anything great in the long run, assuming you're going for Ascension.
>>
>>54062509
I'm gonna answer this as both the mages I've played: Thunderhead, an Obrimos ex-veteran with a purple heart and a bronze star and Wizkid, a Mastigos programmer girl and unrepentant pervert

T -
>If a Mage uses Mind Magic to convince a sleeper to have sex with them, is it rape? Y/N and why?

Yes. By forcing a person's mind to change you take away their agency.

>If a mage uses Time Magic to go back in time until they have a perfect conversation with a sleeper and have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N and why?

No, but that doesn't mean it isn't at least a little creepy. Still it means there was a possible way they'd say yes, you are just fishing for that yes.

>If a mage uses Life Magic to make themselves emit potent pheromones to lure sleepers to have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N and why?

Yes, because that's basically drugging someone to have sex with you.

Wiz -
>If a Mage uses Mind Magic to convince a sleeper to have sex with them, is it rape? Y/N and why?

Depends on whether they used Compelling or Ruling. If Compelling they would have done it anyways so you are basically fast forwarding things. Ruling takes away their choice. And yes, if a Compelling worked on me to make me want to sleep with someone, then I wouldn't be mad. Doesn't mean I won't think you are at least a little bit creepy though

>If a mage uses Time Magic to go back in time until they have a perfect conversation with a sleeper and have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N and why?

Yes, as that is save scumming and can never be forgiven.

>If a mage uses Life Magic to make themselves emit potent pheromones to lure sleepers to have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N and why?

Yes. You are basically drugging someone at that point. They didn't consent to get spiked with your pheromones.
>>
Tell the thread a story about a time your chronicle went outside its regional comfort zone because in mine we're trapped in the GM's kind of shitty custom city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r8jlHDBMsw
>>
>>54062784
>Yes, as that is save scumming and can never be forgiven.

Genuinely lol'd.

>Yes, because that's basically drugging someone to have sex with you.
>Yes. You are basically drugging someone at that point. They didn't consent to get spiked with your pheromones.

Fuck, this has got my wheels turning. Where do you draw the line? I mean, if the Mage buffed their smell to a natural human limit on pheromones, would that still be fine until they stepped over the limit into inhumanely good smelling? Or is it the moment they use magic to boost their chances that it becomes rape?
>>
File: 1496813367131.jpg (133KB, 495x625px) Image search: [Google]
1496813367131.jpg
133KB, 495x625px
>>54062784
>>If a mage uses Life Magic to make themselves emit potent pheromones to lure sleepers to have sex with them, is that rape? Y/N and why?

>Yes, because that's basically drugging someone to have sex with you.
>really good perfume is rape

So both of your characters were permavirgins then?
>>
File: LifeMageHardAtWork.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
LifeMageHardAtWork.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
>>54062784
What if the life mage didn't go the pheromone route, but just made themselves look super, ridiculously good looking?
>>
>>54062842
>psudo-science bullshit

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160509-the-tantalising-truth-about-sex-pheromones
>>
>>54062911
Replace pheromones with 'just smells really, really, distinctively nice' then, if it helps.
>>
>>54062900
>Exercise, good food, and healthy living make sex rape
>>
>>54062854
>>54062854
Nah, Thunderhead got laid in highschool, went into the military and proceeded to not get any for his entire time in the military for reasons of time and chance and shit. When the character retired he probably got all the sex he was missing out on for that good 2 tours of duty. Moved in with a sleeper kid (no not the kid you sick fuck) and his caretaker who had the hots for him.

Wizkid was completely sexually liberated. Even if she was a total dork she still had Striking Looks 1 and social secondary. Getting laid for her was fairly simple, and she liked to do so often. Never used magic on a sleeper though. A Sleepwalker who's fetish was being the target of slightly hubristic, lewd magic on the other hand...
>>
>>54062966
Well, if they ever wore a really nice perfume then they are hardcore unapologetic mega-rapists according to their own metric. Since that's all available science suggests human pheromones even are.
>>
>>54062966
>the permavirgin was you all along, anon
>>
>>54062957
>>54062994

Anything that over-rides a persons free will is violating it, and would therefore be rape.

Looking good and smelling nice? No problem.
Looking so good and smelling so nice that people literally cannot fight back their desires? Bad ju-ju.

I'd actually argue that the Be Kind, Rewind time approach is massively rapey.
>>
>>54063040
Read, fool.

>>54062911
>>54062911
>>54062911
>>54062911
>>54062911
>>
>>54062900
T - I don't see something wrong with that. Its something you are changing about yourself then, that is your choice

Wiz - Yeah that's fine.

>>54062842
OOC: I see how fucking weird this question gets and how quickly it does so. Now the line for me is "Does this override a person's ability to choose on a level comparable to getting someone drunker than they expected or some theoretical aphrodisiac making someone incredibly horny". If it does act more like a drug then its rape, but if its just "really good smelling perfume" like other anons have said then that's perfectly fine. Mostly because I have never smelled a perfume I've enjoyed the smell of enough to want to smell it for more than 5 seconds though but that's just me and I know I have a weird sense of smell

Thunderhead - Wait, we're talking about perfume now? I thought you meant like pheromones like what my buddy Woodstock could do to make birds and animals come close to you at the park without running off.

Wizkid - Perfumes are fine, but when we get into the realm of magic you gotta be careful what you are doing. If you are just using Life to make yourself smell good, that's one thing, but that better be all your Imago does. The second it starts triggering a person's brain to make the mind be overridden by the body you are crossing a line.
>>
>>54063056
Are you literally retarded?

Did I somehow mention the concept of pheromones when I wasn't looking? Did the letters arrange themselves in the middle of my sentence to trigger your pseudo-science erection?

Or did I perhaps say that making yourself look and smell nice is morally fine, but doing something WITH FUCKING MAGIC that overrides a persons will and violates their freedom of choice is a BAD THING?

Did I in some way imply to your tiny autistic mind that pheromones are somehow going to make you irresistible? Or did I perhaps make a blanket statement suggesting that ANYWAY you choose to make yourself look or smell so good as to be literally irresistible is BAD?

For arguments sake I'd just figure out a way to somehow sweat cocaine and wait for the addicts.
>>
>>54062994
Lynx is rapey

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3wB-yrcH02o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>54063166
Yeah, but we already knew that.
>>
>>54063166
fml how 2 embed on4chan
>>
>>54063139
>>54063116
>>54062900
>>54062784
>>54062509
Having sex with sleepers is the mage equivalent of a person fucking a dog.
>>
>>54063139

This is a beautiful post
>>
>>54063183
This made me realise for the first time that Mage-on-Mage sex would be really fucking weird.
>>
>>54063183
More like fucking the disabled.
Fucking Sleepwalkers is like fucking a callgirl, or some other form of cheap lay.
Fucking Werewolves is like fucking a dog.
>>
I like to think of archmasters and the pax as like the Ancients and Ori from Stargate/Atlantis.

The majority just hang about in the upper planes not interfering but once in awhile some asshat decides to try ruin everything and all shit breaks loose, they fight via proxies and shit then it gets sorted and happens all over again and again and again..
>>
>>54063183
T and Wiz - Mysterium pls go
>>54063177
I feel violated anon
>>
>>54063205
same dude, i actually mine alot of shit from stargate sg1 and atlantis for ideas. It has ascended beings, and all sorts of wierd shit that is right up Mages alley.
>>
>>54062612
Wouldn't that turn the Archmage into a spirit, removing his Arcana and other Supernal privileges?
>>
Sleepers are unenlightened baboons that don't know what good or bad for them. If a mage wants to sexually slum it with the monkeys or anything else, not only should they consider themselves quite fortunate, but if the mage, as the far more advanced being, decides something should occur, consent in supernally implied.

My fellow Wise really need to stop drinking the Free Council Kool-Aid.

Also, lest there be any confusion, sexual intercourse with werewolves is bestiality, and worse, relations with vampires is necrophilia.
>>
>>54063183
Honestly its more like a Mage having sex with a Sleeper/Sleepwalker is more like having sex with someone who has an extra, fully functioning limb
>>
>>54063201
>Mage-on-Mage sex would be really fucking weird

Mage-on-Mage sex would be really fuckin' fantastic. The possibilities are quite literally endless.
>>
>>54063249
no its like adding a sub template with the powers of a spirit but not actually being a spirit dumbass, you graft them on to you.
>>
>>54063249

I fail to see how an Archmage giving himself influences will determine just what he is. You might even ask why he shouldn't just give himself Luna's influences and replace her.
>>
>>54063205
>Archmasters
>The majority just hang about in the upper planes not interfering

Quite the opposite. Archmasters are always trying to change reality to fulfil their Omens and ascend.
>>
>>54063283
dont remind me of dolphin of dolphin shapechange sex....
>>
>>54063253
You were one of those Mages who supported Hitler, weren't you?
>>
>>54063253
>a mage wants to sexually slum it with the monkey
>consent in supernally implied
>werewolves is bestiality,
>vampires is necrophilia

1. You're flipping back and forth on your views.
2. This kinda thinking is how we get Magic Space Aids.
>>
>>54063298
interfering in other archmage shit, you can obv rewrite the fallen world as much as you like but as soon as you step on another archmasters pet project you have to fix it
>>
>>54063297
>You might even ask why he shouldn't just give himself Luna's influences and replace her

Archmages can't lengthen Transfiguration, nor can they give it to others.
>>
>>54062612
You would probably be able to get away with it for about 1 spell, and then immediately get slapped on the wrists assuming you did nothing too crazy, and from there be expected to act with those powers within the Pax
>>
>>54063327
says who fuck face, you even read ?
>>
>>54063253
>mage relations with vampires is necrophilia

You know, snorting magic cocaine of the ass of a vampire stripper does always just lead to her becoming a lawn chair (at least not right away, unless she's into that).

Those vamps are mysterious and sexy-times powers. What good and dedicated mage wouldn't investigate?
>>
>>54063327
Influences aren't Imperial Practices. An Archmage of Spirit applying 'total control over madness, change and the moon' to himself isn't extending (because it's not Transfiguration) or giving it to anybody.

It's a clever workaround regarding the nine dot Imperial Practice.
>>
>>54063342
Just remember your Death Shielding protection.
>>
>>54063342
I'd like to gain that Arcane Experience if you know what I mean
>>
>>54063356
>Just remember your Death Shielding protection.

Prime 2: Supernal Condom

All the sexy-times, no blood magic rape.
>>
Aren't high ranking Influences rather specific in function compared to that of the broad Arcana?

Gods and their respective Influences aren't exclusively spirit in nature either, so couldn't you do the same thing using the other Arcana?
Such as Fate Transfiguration giving you the Influence of Narrative or even Destiny. Or Death giving you dominion over Decay, Entropy, Endings, etc.
>>
>>54063342

If she touches your wand, be careful not to "flare your nimbus" too soon.

>Premature conjuration effects over 40% of mages at some point in their magical careers. Don't be too embarrassed to ask for help.
>>
>>54063429
if you have influence: death then how is that rather specific?
>>
>>54062966
Until this happened http://archive.is/Jr6lz
>>
>>54063429
I had an Archmage PC create a oracular staff of total control over gravity once. It was "Transfiguration in an item" relating to 'Gravity' as its purview, more or less.

Looking back, maybe he should have enchanted himself with such power instead of the nearest walking stick. Perhaps he would have gotten away with it too, had it not been for those pesky Pax whoring Siddha.
>>
File: Komodo Dragon 5.jpg (101KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo Dragon 5.jpg
101KB, 600x315px
>>54063437
>>
File: Thunderhead.png (151KB, 590x646px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderhead.png
151KB, 590x646px
>>54063496
Good thing that T looks nothing like that guy
>>
>>54063484
Tricky. Though Death to a god might be something completely different to a Archmage of Death.

I'm saying this because of how esoteric Death has become in 2e, shadows cold and endings, whatnot.
>>
>>54063356
Actually that reminds me.

There is a Daeva lounge singer NPC in my groups game and she likes to bat her eyes to get what she wants and on the rare occasion that fails she's not afraid to use Majesty.

I had the chance to analyze her using the power with Mage-Sight and I know the discipline is a Mind effect.

But I also have access to Death. Would Mind or Death shielding be a better insurance policy? Or would either work as well.
>>
>>54063579
Mind would be the better catch against it, but you could also use Death with some reach, it just means there is more reach you gotta use in the spell
>>
>>54063579
Death, it'll also catch every other Vampire power.
>>
>>54063579
Mind shield. She is under the purview of death, disciplines are powered by the purview of death but its a mind/mental effect not a death effect.

Same reason death shield wont protect you from a vampires claws..
>>
>>54063605
wrong shut up faggot.
>>
>>54063579
>Majesty

>Poor man's Dominate
>>
Transfiguration isn't permanent, retards. You can't extend it.

Page 39
Fucking read it FFS
>>
>>54063607
Any direct effect can be countered using a power which protects against its power status.
It's the principle that Wards and Sigils runs on.
>>
>>54063616
Blow me asshole.
A direct death-based power can be protected against with Death Shielding.

Won't help against claws or fangs, but it will against Vampire mind control.
>>
>>54063579
Vampires shouldn't be using Vampire rules in a Mage game. Find what's actually equivalent to the power in the ruleset you're using. Just being in WoD isn't auto-compatibility.
>>
>>54063616
I'd say both would work in this instance. Since it's a direct effect Death would be valid.
>>
>>54063621
Nobody is saying anything about extending it, dumb fuck. We're looking at the various way to circumvent its limitations.

The results ARE permanent.
>>
>>54063621
Of course it isn't.
What you do however, is.
And granting yourself lesser, non-Awakened powers counts.
>>
this thread is one big fucking tumor
>>
>>54063690
I agree.
But nowhere else can I call someone else a worthless cunt when they start spewing shit.
>>
>>54063690
It's not a tumor.
>>
>>54063676
Yeah, but how is using Spirit 9 to give yourself "whatever fucking influence I want, at any rank" a fair mechanic?
>>
>>54063724
Gee, you could say the same with Forces 9 giving yourself total dominion over any specific force.
>>
>>54063724
It is quite literally the most powerful statted ability in the most ludicrous splatbook which nobody ever plays, which is almost impossible to find the fuel to cast with, gets the Gods themselves on your case, and infuriates literally every other one of these other uber-powerful beings, suspending their cold war and they take immediate action to erase you from existence.

That's why.
>>
>>54063724
If you have an arcana at 9, these aren't the kinds of problems your game is about.
>>
>>54063724
>a fair mechanic?
>mages
>fair
>laughingmysterium.jpeg

>>54063690
An inoperable one, yes.
>>
Reminder that this is 4chan.

We can afford to be dumbasses here.
>>
>>54063773
Actually, that's a trick. We've tricked ourselves into thinking a small time cost is always affordable, no matter how many of those small time costs you add together.
>>
>>54063306
In The Magicians all the students turn into foxes and have hours of horrifying heat-sex with each other before they can figure out how to turn back. That's kind of what I imagine newly-awakened Mage sex is like.
>>
>>54063627
what part of majesty is a direct death effect?

just because it comes from a vampire does not a death effect it make. Shit if a 2e vampire could throw fireballs at people it'd not be a death effect either...

This is what the guy above was talking about, Multiple mage fags who dont know what the fuck they are talking about..
>>
>>54063798
I think there's going to be at least a stop or two before yiff'ing.
>>
>>54063773
honestly? I come here to be lazy

it doesn't really work, I just end up getting mad half the time
>>
File: smug frog.png (67KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
smug frog.png
67KB, 1280x1280px
>>54063724
Are you mad that a wizard can become Luna, Helios & Gaia all in one?

Reeeee for meeeee, you wretched cur
>>
Guys, i just saw this guy pounding at my door, i'm scared for my unlife, what should i do?
>>
>>54062612
In general Spirit magic can be broken because it is a very easy way to acquire more powers.

For example, simple summon a Spirit (or maybe a Goetia or a Ghost) command it to Possess and then Claim yourself and then obtain spooky spirit powers. That said it is probably a bad idea in general even if it is quick way to power. You'd probably have all sorts of weird urges bleeding over from the spirit Claiming you at the time.
>>
Has anyone who has listened to the DaveB podcast thingy and him talking about Deviant have a hard on for it yet?

Personally i dont give a fuck about it. It sounds like a fan splat and while DaveB might be able to stop it being a complete pile of hot turd i still think money should be better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>54063870
>unlife
>must be a vampire

Prepare to get anally obliterated by the Komodo
>>
File: 1498705286970.png (600KB, 1024x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1498705286970.png
600KB, 1024x1256px
Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

Vices: Pride, Greed
Keys: Conspiracies, Cults
Malapraxis: Overseer Of Ruinous Secrecy
Attributes: Power: 12, Finesse: 14, Resistance: 12
Willpower: 10
Maximum Essence/Per Turn: 50/15
Initiative: 13
Defense: 10
Speed: 36
Size: 4
Corpus: 16
Influences: Secrecy 3, Ambition 2
Ban 1: Can only use Influences or Numina as part of a bargain.
Ban 2: Can only use Manifestations other than Twilight Form if Summoned.
Ban 3: Must perform at least one act of bizarre or cruel humor whenever he appears.
Bane: Unicorn Hair
Demonic Powers: Corruption, Dragon’s Tongue, Lord Of Lies, Keeper Of Secrets, Soul Of Sin
Manifestations: Twilight Form, Dreamwalker, Image, Possess, Fetter, Unfetter, Claim, Reaching
Numina: Create Pact, Far Sight, Dream Shaping, Hallucination, Host Jump, Implant Mission, Occult Sight, Omen Trance, Perfect Lie, Sign, Soul Snatch, Telepathy, Price Of Power x 2
>>
>>54063798
Honestly you are thinking too small if all you can think is that.

Imagine being able to do any dangerous kink because no damage that is permanent.

Imagine every nerve in your body having an orgasm.

Imagine having sex with your partner, but you can feel everything they feel and vice versa.

Imagine spending a day preparing an imago for a Life spell that will turn you into a being that is perfectly designed to have as pleasurable sex as possible while your partner does the same thing for themselves (or you do so for your partner if they aren't as gifted in Life).

Mages sex can get pretty fucking weird very fucking quickly. Of course there is the question of "Do I actually want to try that" but its a question that has a larger chance of being answered "Yes" the longer you've been a Mage.
>>
>>54063918
yes, we saw that in the last thread
>>
>>54063920
There are many more mysteries id rather stick my cock into than another mage.
>>
>>54063918
Have you seen the finale? Bill seems more like a Rank 6+ Abyssal Intruder.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 218x218px
>>54063913
Ddd-don't be preposterous Anon, you all know us Kindred don't exist right?
>>
>>54063835
It is powered by Vitae, bucko
>>
>>54063920
>Be Time Mage
>Approaching climax
>Bust a night.
>Freeze/rewind time
>Rinse, repeat
>Endless orgasm.
>>
>>54063959
so all the powers that dont have a blood cost can bypass your shielding?
>>
>>54063981
who wants that?
Once n done, rub rub, AHHHH.
Move on to other shit..
>>
>>54063930
I'm just reposting it for the folks who are arriving now or missed it. I also made a few changes.
>>54063935
I have. I chose Deceptor over Acamoth for two reasons: it makes him better at lying and offering deals to non-Mages, and allows non Sleepwalkers to oppose him. Besides, when he is Rank 6+ like in the finale, his personality leads to widespread destruction, tyranny and madness even if he is not an Abyssal.
>>
>>54064015
Vampires are powered by vitae just to exist, buckaroo.
>>
>>54063898
Yes, but actually giving yourself Influences at such high ranks without the need to be possessed? It seems like a bit much.

Quintessence isn't even wasted necessarily, the Archmaster could spam Transfiguration to achieve dozens of rank 8+ Influences.
Spirit isn't even the sole culprit here, Forces can easily be abused in a similar fashion, what with all its sub-forces.

I do enjoy Imperial Mysteries as a supplement for the background lore and setting, but min-maxed Archmages are absolutely ludicrous in application.
>>
Need help fleshing out a potential antagonist, anons.

What could an Archmage of Fate and Time at Arcana 6 do?
>>
>>54064147
An archmage is not a realistic antagonist for anything other than another archmage.
>>
>>54064147
rethink your life.
>>
L I T E R A L L Y RAPE THOUGH
>>
File: 1498610521431.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498610521431.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>magefag posts his headcanon surpreme Le super mages kill/enslave every other splat
>people point out its shit and a boring setting
>Muh jealous magefags
>1 1/2 threads ruined with the worst Kind of magefaggotry
>Guys get in my magical realm and imagine 2 mages living out my hentai fantasy with life etc.

Serious question if i were to open a non-mage WoD thread and the other splats cede you the general would you leave us alone or does your autism force you to annoy us?
>>
>>54064193
It's a high end campaign, players are a group of gods and mages. This is the sort of level they will be approaching, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what sort of fuckery I'll need to be able to wrap my head around.
>>
>>54064358
*Muh jealous vampfags
>>
>>54064358
Someone already tried that. It only made things worse for a time.
>>
>>54064358
You guys are ballast. If you leave a bunch of magefags alone for too long, shit gets real weird. They need normies to keep things more down to earth. What you've seen so far is timid compared to where it could have gone if you weren't here to complain.
>>
>was tempted to stop my boycott to get Thousand Years of Night
>it's pretty mediocre and the most exciting part of the book is a 2e port of something someone else wrote for a 1e supplement

sasuga OPP
>>
>>54064368
How exactly are some the players gods? Some sort of special Claimed by Goetia of mythological icons?

Also, only the weakest of Archmages only have Dynamics, which is enough to create self-sustaining, self-modifying spells and sub-souls, among other effects depending on the Arcanum.
>>
I miss our namefags.
>>
>>54064427
Sub Souls are at eight dots
>>
>>54064447
chronicles of fagness is a fag

atamajakki mysteriously vanished
>>
>>54064464
>mysteriously

She literally made a gigantic forum thread about how she was done with these games because she was mad about both nuWW and all the David Hill stuff.

Source: I'm atamajakki.
>>
File: 1498610775194.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1498610775194.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>54064376
What happened? Seriously considering opening a second general.

>>54064396
>normies
>on/tg/

You need to adjust your perspective son. We aren't normies, you are just really fucking weird even for our niche nerd hobby. We aren't normies, you are the weird sweaty fedora guy from your LGS.

>Muh is it rape if i force "sleepers" to do Sex stuff tehe
>yeah
>haha i bet your char is a virgin

>lewd hentai magic if 2 mages have sex tehehe

>Constantly larping in the general. The telltale sign of high autism levels.

If you want us to stay control yourselves.
>>
>>54064427

For background - I'm not the usual GM of this game, I'm just a friend who has occasionally sat in and helped out from time to time. However it looks like their normal GM is going to have to give up the game due to a hectic schedule, so I've volunteered to keep running the game - if the players want. I just need to get myself ready to hit the ground running.

That being said:

The game is actually two campaigns that were self-destructing that got folded into one game together, a game of Scion and a game of 1ed Mage: The Awakening.

The players have been playing for a long enough time that the Scion players are pushing legend 8 and 9, and the Mages are basically two good stories away from having characters pop into Arch-Master.

Personally if I had my way I'd tell them to scrap their sheets and convert everything over to Fate.
>>
>>54064483
It literally just got shittier

>"NO MAGES ALLOWED"
>"nope :^)"
>>
>>54064483
>Muh is it rape if i force "sleepers" to do Sex stuff tehe

Hey - that was a valid discussion, given the implicit power abuse that Mage players go through. If you think that's weird, I've seen actually players argue that Mind Magic isn't rape IRL while the entire table told them they were in the wrong.

>haha i bet your char is a virgin
>lewd hentai magic if 2 mages have sex tehehe
>Constantly larping in the general. The telltale sign of high autism levels.

Fair point, those guys were weird.

Also,
>normies
>on/tg/

Yeah brother. /tg/ and 4chan in general are no longer the home of the outcast and the obscure. Hasn't been that way in a long while.
>>
>>54061940
No, Mage is not a mistake. Pretentious faggots would simply groom their neckbeards and move on to obsess about some other aspect of nerd culture if it were erased from the timeline.

Dickheads gonna dickhead, I guess.

Shout out to everyone who actually plays a Mage instead of spamming an imageboard, love you guys.
>>
>>54064535
Jesus. Who goes to a thread that specifically isn't for discussion about their splat.

>>54064551
The discussion isn't the problem. In fact i had very similiar discussions about Vamps being serial rapists. The Problems are:

A) Why tf does it have to degenerate into a weird magical realm discussion about mage hentai etc.
B) Why tf is somebody listing his characters sexual history?

The response and how a serious question was handled is the problem. The question itself is legit.
>>
>>54062364
>They could actually be retarded.

This is the throwaway line that turns out to foreshadow the big conclusion in Act 3.
>>
>>54062509

All the power in the universe, and you want to get laid?

You could literally create a new form of life. You could create a substance never seen before, or an artifact that snaps causality and physics like brittle plastic, and your obsessions are stuck in teenage ego stroking?

You're genuinely too young to be on this board, son.
>>
>>54063798
The Magicians is just gay porn for high school drama club queers.
>>
>>54064598
Well these people played trenchcoat, Katana Brujah in the 90s so you are right.

>>54064606
This. Magefags constantly act like they do it to ironically spite the Vampfags etc.

Guess what there are next to no Vampfags on /tg/. Magefags are just flooding thread after thread with powerwanking and magical realm stuff.

I mean seriously look at the OP pic. That in itself says enough about magefaggotry imho.

>>54064626
This. Mage could create really fucking interesting discussions. But it always ends up in :

How do i kill/enslave splat X.

Imperial Mysteries Archmage wankery

Weird stuff

>>54064551
>4chan
Sure a lot of normies here now.

>/tg/
Nah. Pen and Paper is anti normie in itself. I guess your perspective is flawed tbqh
>>
>>54063906
It sounds like just another splat for the tumblrqueer community. With such limited resources one would figure that they would be focusing on revitalizing their core lines, but nope, they seem to be spreading everything as thin as possible, to the detriment of everything.
>>
>>54062854
>>really good perfume is rape

I would genuinely like a sample of whatever perfume you claim overrides free will and protestations. Alternatively, I would genuinely like you to stop trolling in an attempt to make yourself look clever, as it's quite embarrassing.
>>
>>54063906

Got a link?

>tfw Deviant is two years late
>Mage still doesn't have any supplements or a FAQ
>>
File: 1497001689837.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497001689837.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>>54064694

>He doesn't use the AXE-Effect.
>>
>>54063056
>pheromones aren't real
>having them in a game full of such well-grounded and scientifically valid concepts as werewolf hunter clans, immortal vampiric amnesiacs and people who can literally bend time for wish fulfillment is just plain silly

Do you ever listen to yourself talk?
>>
>>54064694
i use old spice
>>
Why is everyone so angry on these threads?
>>
>>54064740
Because Magefag ruin them.
>>
>>54063183
I won't ask what you've done in your private life for your mind to go there first. The answer is potentially a felony or at least a misdemeanor in over 20 states.
>>
>>54064760
Imagine the Kind of surpressed superiority complex you need to compare humans with dogs. Like ffs just go out and do a Jack the Ripper thing.
>>
>discussion in this general can now apparently only be magefaggotry or whiny bitching about magefaggotry
Great.
>>
When people ask me why Mage is a Horror game, I just point them to this thread and say "imagine these people with cosmic power".
>>
>>54064829
>Whining about magefaggotry

If you try real discussions mafefags aggressively shitpost. I had a great discussion about vampires in WW2 and then some fags derailed with:

>How do i do lesbian mages

And then the magical realm ensued
>>
File: whizzard.jpg (6KB, 147x147px) Image search: [Google]
whizzard.jpg
6KB, 147x147px
>>54064866

magical realm you say?
>>
>>54064866
Whatever, anon. Fact is aggressively whining is just as annoying and disruptive.
>>
Perhaps it would be best to just abandon these threads

For good
>>
>>54064910
So what are you supposed to do as a non magefag ?
>>
>>54064960
Leave? Try to discuss things anyway and just ignore magefags? All you do by whining is validate them while being just as bad as them.
>>
>>54063864
No, I'm mad that you never have anything else to talk about. It's like all the creativity and good humour has been surgically removed from your brain. I came here to talk to you and people like you about a hobby we allegedly all enjoy, only to find how astronomically boring you and all your pepe-toting bum-buddies are.

But sure, sit in a corner with the Archmages rules and tell yourself all the lovely stories involving your mary sue stand-in having ultimate power. I'll be over here playing actual games with real people.
>>
>>54063920
There's also changing into a woman just to feel what it's like to be impregnated by a massive, throbbing cock... *shudder* *ahegao*

t. /pol/ user
>>
>>54064039
Not anymore! as of V5, they now run on HUNGER! HUNGER and unusual COMPULSIONS!
>>
>>54064373
I respect the fact that you divide the world according to petty "us vs. them" tribalism (have you considered politics or media as a career?), but no, I love a half dozen splats including both Mages and Vampires, and your behaviour is not normal, witty or clever. It is cringe personified watching you salivate about your all-powerful imaginary friends in your private fanfic.

At least actual fanfic might have something to jerk off to. You guys are literally so boring I can't even masturbate to what you type.
>>
>>54064998

>leave

Yeah sure i will just go to the OPP Forum or RPG.net

>discuss things

They shitpost so much that the thread just moves to fast.

>>54065012
True. Magefags Never discuss stuff that could be relevant for an actual Game.
>>
File: alfred_speaks.gif (456KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
alfred_speaks.gif
456KB, 500x200px
>>54065012
I don't think they try to use creativity or have some humour to go with it.

Magefags sincerely want to shit all over everything.
After half a year of this, there is literally no other conclusion to be had.
>>
>>54065059
What ?
Have you answered to the wrong Post ?
>>
>>54061940
Awakening was. If you look carefully, that's the corner that the majority of the MageWank comes from.
>>
>>54065090
>Awakening
>the corner that the majority of the MageWank comes from.

*cough* 'Caine vs Archmage' *cough* *cough* *blurt* *cough*
>>
>>54064683
>It sounds like just another splat for the tumblrqueer community.

Please don't drag us into this. We'd like more supplements for existing lines, not a billion and one splats with three books a piece. I can already play a menstruating male vampire, or a cross-dressing werewolf, or a lesbian mage that can knock up other lesbians using Life Magick.

Second complaint, also valid I think - the classic inspiration for the monsters of the WOD was gothic literature for the most part. Milton inspired Demon, Stoker inspired Vampire, Werewolf owes a bit more to Nancy Collins but okay; Deviant doesn't fit into this mould at all. Promethean was the last line that touched on that literary DNA; Deviant just seems like someone ripped off Prototype for PS3.

If OPP gave a fuck about their roots, they'd figure out a splat based on The Painting of Dorian Grey. What do we get instead? Freak Legion without the nuclear waste.
>>
>>54065121
Both Ascension fags and Awakening fags enroll in the same shitposting army, more than likely.

Though you wouldn't know it from all their constant "old vs new" bickering.
>>
>>54065121
Thats long over. Awakening now is what Fuels the magefags. Except for this One dude larping as a techno
>>
>>54064773
It also speaks of a deep resentment and a lack of social graces. It's so utterly unattractive in a person that they most likely live in a haze of entitlement and sexual frustration.

>HA! DOGS!
>....why won't anyone play with me?
>>
>>54065084
Ugh, probably. Just imagine it was directed at a Magefag. Any of their posts will do.

*waves hand dismissively*
>>
Has anyone ever had the Antagonists *literally* be exact copies of the Players?

Like, Doppelganger, knows everything they know, same skills and powers?

How do you defeat such a foe? Worse, when the smoke clears, how do you convince others you were innocent of all the atrocities?
>>
Ascension is responsible for the worst mage wanker-y because it keeps coming back to the argument of "Is God higher than Archmages" which just results in Caine vs Mage fights that go nowhere and just fucking suck.

However Awakening is more about wanking over their metaphysics and how much "fuck you" that they can dish out.

That said, as far as NWoD is concerned Mage lends itself to being the easiest to have discussions about because unlike Vamp and Werewolf there's none of that unreliable narrator shit and despite being a sandbox it's not as wishy-washy about the origins of it's setting as the others.

That said, changeling is woefully lacking in good discussions and I'd love to hear some changeling PC concepts so I can blatently rip then off for an upcoming game.
>>
>>54064626
That's the entire point of Mage though. People get ultimate power over the fundamental aspects of Creation and they squander it because people are fucking stupid and arrogant.
>>
>>54064740
Nobody likes discussion about the splat they've unilaterally decided is autistic, even though it's one of the big three splats.
>>
File: doll factory.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
doll factory.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
>>54065187
A former Mage player of mine did something similar using Mind + Matter against an annoying Hunter.

Everything the Hunter could do, the marble mannequin could do it at least as good, possibly better.
He would also graft the souls of his former friends and enemies into these dolls and force them to combat his foe
>>
>>54065201
Dreaming or Lost? If it's Lost, I'm a huge Lostfag and I have some great NPCs from a Probihition-era game I'm planning.

>Long Tom Dole
A hulking (easily 6'5") black Ogre who's the long-reigning Summer King. He's the subject of a song that goes something like:

Long Tom Dole, black as coal,
he'll get back what the Gentry stole.
After Spring the sun will shine,
and I'll take home that soul of mine.

>Suzune
The Winter Queen is a foreigner from the Orient. Very few people have seen her face, and the fact that she's not American is a secret only a few close friends know. She makes no appearances during the winter months, but when she does she's paraded out through the freehold on a curtained palanquin.

She was made Winter Queen in a convoluted scheme to enhance the protection of Chicago's ice and snow by shrouding the ceremony of coronation in actual secrecy (and thereby metaphorically shrouding the city).
>>
>>54065226

>unilaterally

Nah magefags decided that too.

>>54065148
Jup. Living out a surpremacy fantasy and constantly feeling superior doesn't sit well with most people.
>>
>>54065294
Nice, I was indeed talking about Lost.

I was toying with the idea of a gravewight who played his role of "ferryman" in a vegas-esc, glamorous Greek Underworld. He'd essentially drive around in his stretch limo picking up wayward souls and guiding them deeper down Styx Boulevard.

I'm trying to come up with a reason for this sucker to have decided to leave Arcadia.
>>
>>54062680
Pheromones don't naturally work that way in humans, so trying to argue that magical pheromones aren't rapey is kind of a non-starter.
>>
>>54065393
What if their Keeper was cruel to the dead?

Just imagine your character seeing souls trapped for eternity in horrifying agony, or even simple boredom. What would he feel if he were put in a situation where he had to imprison them against his will?

Find a situation that would build up a revulsion towards the idea of purgatory, or a sense of joy and hope in moving on. Maybe consider the idea of "flying back to Africa" from slave-mythology where mass suicides were used as a tactic for achieving salvation and revenge against cruel masters or slave merchants. Is sending souls home a way of depriving the Gentry of them?

He could then grow to love the idea of ferrying souls as a way of coping with the hate he feels for an unjust Arcadia where there is no respite for the dead.
>>
>>54063773
The problem is that all the people who occasionally (individually) act like dumbasses add up to so much dumbassery that it attracts genuine 100% dumbasses who think they've found their true home.

Get enough of those and you wind up with our current situation with /pol/ and /r9k/, full of 100% natural dumbasses who can't turn it off, all the time.
>>
File: 1496509198381.jpg (9KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496509198381.jpg
9KB, 213x236px
>>54064751
This is correct.

The threads were a lot more cordial even six months ago.
>>
>>54065508
No board is NOT retarded on 4chan
>>
>>54065562
>six months ago

That's when the magefaggery started though.
>>
>>54065577
It happened RIGHT after Aspel got banished too

Sometimes I think we made a mistake
>>
>>54065393
Well, the most obvious reason (aside from "i'm sick of being abused by my keeper") might be that death in Arcadia is an unnatural affair, with the changelings that die not even actually feeling the reaper's touch as they should, thanks to the Keepers, and Arcadia itself, feeding off whatever it is that departs the body at the moment of death.

In other words, death in Arcadia is a desecration, one he just got sick of putting up with seeing but not being able to actually stop. The dead need him, and he can do real good in the "real" world.
>>
>>54065577
Uh, yeah, that's why I used it as a time frame. You know, it was more cordial...before the magefaggotry started?
>>
>>54065567
Well, yeah, but you're not supposed to go full retard.
>>
what is the best merit to represent that you are a retainer to someone?
>>
>>54065717
Luxury?

You get effectively 5 dots in resources but all your purchases are tracked and bound to the clemency of someone or something above you.
>>
>>54065717
Mentor or Allies.
>>
what's the best tertiary Arcana for a Moros who goes full Diablo Necro?
>>
>>54065997
Prime. Dispel enemy zombies!
>>
>>54066072
wouldn't it be Life for all the blood stuff?
>>
>>54064657
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
What kind of spell do you need to cast to create a town like Silent Hill?
>>
>>54066245
Mind and Space
>>
File: 1495046252756.jpg (168KB, 828x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1495046252756.jpg
168KB, 828x1170px
Lesbian Mages
>>
>https://pastebin.com/XTqNn00L
>https://pastebin.com/PAvXebaW
>https://pastebin.com/rZectVD4
Behold some Changeling the Lost writefaggotry. Constructive criticism appreciated, I guess, cuz I'm going to start writing it again soon
>>
>>54066259
Spirit instead of space if you plan on just throwing them into an astral realm of goetia you've crafted from their worst desires.
>>
>>54064660
> Pen and Paper is anti normie in itself.

One of our views is stuck in the '80s, son.
>>
>>54064866
What were the highlights of WW2 vampires?
>>
>>54066286
At least where i live most people have seen it because of Big Bang Theory but it is far to nerdy to really try for a normie.

>>54066375

>Highlights

I am not sure what you mean. I am in the planning phase of a masquerade chronic in cologne that starts in the last days of the third reich.

>Masquerade breaches are easy to conceal during the war but you have to Take care of them before order is restored.

>WW2 really changes european powerstructures

Europe is like America in myWoD. The old elders and metusaleh have resorted to indirect control. WW2 killed a bunch of them and the Cold war made them paranoid as fuck. So they participate in the Jyhad from Torpor or hiding.

>Eastern bloc is populated by Anarchs because everyone else fled Early on.

The Eastern bloc is really shitty for Vamps. Especially Eastern Germany. Stasi, redistribution of Land, paranoid society that sees vampiric habits as subversive. So only Anarchs Stay there, experimenting with new forms of vampire Government and society.

>Elders awakening only to see the mortal families they groomed for centuries completely exterminated. Searching for revenge.

One of my players has submitted his backstory and he has delievered a really cool ploot hook.

After the embrace he killed most of his Wehrmacht unit. The soldiers that survived are now passionate and battle hardened vampire hunters (and due to backstory elements they are convinced that vampires are communists).
>>
>>54063040
Yes, please think of Wrinkle's craggy butthole.

>>54065121
Compared to the level of shit we get in awakening, that's nothing. Enslaving Luna was never even an idea when OWoD was alone.
>>
>>54066975

>enslaving Luna was never even an idea in the OwoD

This. Old mage had ruleproblems so big that the magefags weren't really keen on it. The people playing oWoD mage were mostly a weird mix of pulp and philosophy Lovers.
>>
>>54062854
No it's the equivalent of changing your appareance or getting cosmetic surgery.
It's certainly not rape.
>>
>>54067035
Its the equivalent of stocking your air freshener with drugs and then saying :
Lel thats not spiking her drink :->

Don't try justifying your rape fantasies
>>
>>54065562
It goes in cycles. Currently, threads have two or three aggressive trolls. Some 'sometimes' trolls, ones who don't care that much but will take a swing at it if they're in the mood, or the easy bait is there. And there's one person who thinks they own the thread. Their own little safe space. They interject constantly with their own opinion, treat it as gospel, freak hysterically whenever anyone disagrees or posts anything they don't like. Right now, it's that guy who doesn't seem to know what capitals are. It all combines into the current state of affairs. It'll get better when one of the three main problems moves on to another general.
>>
>>54067910
I don't know if you are referring to me as the guy that doesn't know capitals (phone posting is cancer tbqh). However i don't think its agressive trolling to be annoyed by magefaggotry after 2 generals in a row were ruined by it.

I am not even agitated by the powerwanking but the weird sexual undertones are really grinding my gears.
>>
A nossie who was a beatstick, nerd and loner uses his newfound powers to stalk the night and play superhero when not on a mission for the camarilla.
Yes, no, maybe?
>>
>>54068002
>agitated by the weird sexual undertones

Are new new here or to WW games?
>>
>>54066375

Not that guy, but I just made two WW2-era NPCs for a campaign I'm running in Germany -

Zev, a Jewish guy who helped a small Roma settlement escape to liberated France in 1944 and was turned by the Ravnos whose herd he just saved as a "reward," went Sabbat for protection in the tumult after the war and is maybe growing to regret it

and Hannelore, unwanted daughter of a black American soldier and a German woman. After an abusive childhood, she clawed her way into her own business venture and (probably due to internalizing some of her abuse) went full social darwinist. She was turned by an African or Berber Lasombra (not sure what I wanna do yet), partly out of pity - a pity she greatly resented. She's since gone full Path of Night, finding God and believing she, the Lasombra Clan, and Vampires (in that order) were specifically chosen by god to tempt the weak away from salvation, and/or scare and threaten mortals towards it.
>>
>>54068031
Not really. And the occassional creep is not that problematic but the last two threads were too much.

>>54068028
Give it a WoD treatment.

Police quickly hunts the vigilante.
Elders see it as a masquerade breach.
If the Neonate really has some successes weird cults among poor people worshipping "the shadow" start popping up.

>>54068058
Nice i like it. Good inspiraration.

For my WW2 chronic i am thinking about using an ultra-orthodox Jewish Elder that wakes up in the 50s only to realize all of his former contacts are ash (both living and undead).

He starts taking revenge but really struggles because his new path clashes with his religion. Some of the players are going to have questionable contacts from WW2 that are on his hitlist.
>>
>>54065121
The only reason that was even a thing was because of Masters of the Art. A book we acknowledge as horrible.
>>
>>54068188
>Masters of the Art. A book we acknowledge as horrible

Masters of the Art wasn't necessarily WW's finest moment, but in the context of its long list of corebooks and supplements, MotA was hardly the most offensive. Simply, it wasn't unusual for WW books to be over the top, and no matter how much SatyrDouche may object, MofA in indeed canon in the setting.

In any event, archmaster arguments also either result from or are bolstered by CofD Awakening's Imperial Mysteries. Unlike MotA, IM was a fairly well written book with consistent mechanics and verisimilitude with the setting, albeit of a very high power tier.
>>
>>54068002
God fucking damn Kimmo Alm. I see "GRINDS MY GEARS" and I immediately go looking for my Kimmo memes, despite how hard he's banned. Bloody A-T.

>>54065997
Define 'diablo necro', because going that vulgar is not going to be pleasant. Do you just mean in thematics, or do you mean screaming and hurling bone spears with a legion of the undead behind you?
>>
Idea for a Mage campaign: Irises and Verges to the Invisible Realms and beyond have started appearing in the city, and strange Artifacts and beings emerge from them. At the same time, a legendary Mage who had gone into self-imposed exile returns and reveals a new super Athaneum. He gathers a meeting of the Orders and receives permission to create a task force of promising Mages from the Mysterium, Arrow and Guardians to collect these strange anomalies and bring them to the new Athaneum. Whoever gathers the most interesting anomalies will receive untold rewards.

Gotta Catch 'Em All.
>>
>>54068989
>CofD Awakening's Imperial Mysteries

While Imperial Mysteries was a great book, the mere existence of such a high-tier supplement for mage probably caused more consternation, arguments, bitterness and jealousy among fans, particularly among non Awakening fans, than the niche value it brought to Awakening. It's not like mages needed a power boost to be splat competitive. The failure of A Thousand Years of Night to provide archmaster-level abilities to vampire elders also didn't mitigate the arguments.
>>
>>54068989
>>54069970

Imperial Mysteries was little more than DaveB and Malcolm Sheppard punking the WW fanbase.

However, it did, once and for all, end any pretense or hope of splat balance. Whether this was good or bad is certainly up for debate.
>>
>>54070014
>DaveB and Malcolm Sheppard punking the WW fanbase

Dave and Malcom are evil. They're no doubt very talented rpg writers, but definitely serve dark and sinister forces.
>>
>>54070045
they are Exarchs of mage supremacy
>>
>>54070045
Maybe they're just the same person. Or lovers, I guess.
>>
>>54070045
>>54070130

Isn't Malcom now working full time for Green Ronin Publishing? Does this mean he's no longer writing on Mage or any other WW projects? If so, that would be unfortunate.
>>
>>54070194
>Maybe they're just the same person. Or lovers, I guess.

Partners in crime
>>
>>54063183
The typical mage summed up in a single post.
>>
>>54063620
Its context. Dominate is a scalpel, majesty is a grenade launcher. The scope of you control is less refined but bigger.

Frankly if I were the type I'd make a game with an antifa chapter controlled by a daeva ancilla.
>>
>>54070320
>Frankly if I were the type I'd make a game with an antifa chapter controlled by a daeva ancilla.

The local mayor or police chief would then need to be a Ventrue Invictus ghoul or a Mastigos mage.
>>
>>54061940
Need advice for a Dark Ages chronicle (it's my first time storytelling in WoD and I'm a bit insecure). My players will start the game as newly established vampires in a stranger city, and they must prove themselves worthy.

The self-appointed second-in-command and substitute of a weak prince will ask the players to convince the actual prince to come back from his paranoical self-imposed exile and help to ease the reconciliation between both elder cainites.

The two are actually in league to trick them. The second-in-command has convinced the prince that the newcomers could be dangerous in the future if they get along too well, so they have devised a plan that will allow the prince to know them better while creating friction between them. Once he is "convinced" to return to office, he will ask in return to be fed. But he is so old that he can only drink cainite blood, so one of the group will be his dinner. They have to decide who, and discuss why. Once the sacrificial victim is chosen, it's revealed that the prince was never gonna diablerize him and he just drinks one or two points of vitae. The prince then returns to the city, there's a staged reconciliation and the players are accepted and granted small domains in the city.

How does this first game look?

Also, I'm gonna have two cities (two groups) but I don't know what to do with the other one. what are some interesting ideas for similar stuff?
>>
>>54070587
Wait. Diablerie? Just out and out "Oh, hey, I'm going to fucking diablerise one of you?"
>>
>>54070635
Nah, he will not lie. But players are probably gonna infer that this is what he's asking for. Specially since we already had a similar NPC in a different game who actually did diablerise his children.

If they use their brains, realise that the vampire doesn't need to literally eat one of them to be fed and have the balls to tell him that... well, bravo for them. I'll be more than happy to reward them for thinking.
>>
>>54070717
And what's your plan if they decide "Oh, hey, this is absolutely insane. Let's try another city" or "Okay, so we've got him cold. Let's just murder him and claim we found him dead." or "He said it, let's go rouse up the locals. That fake-prince probably wants to be the real prince, after all."?

All that aside, it seems like a silly plan for both of them. An Elder probably won't risk a blood bond if he doesn't have one already, preferably on some torpid neonate buried in the middle of fuck-you. The pair of elders would be iffy about giving them anything if they were concerned about potential strength of the newcomers - finding a haven would drain their resources for a bit. It just seems like it'd be easier to give them some sort of work-rent scheme to drive off a Monster-of-the-Week. And tie some plot threads to it.
>>
>>54069176
Spread the word. I guess we know where smiledog came from...

>>54069970
Vampires don't do cosmic-tier shit in CofD. They're not made for it. They weren't really in OWoD, either.

Case in point: I did a crossover game where the players got abducted by aliens in the OWoD.

All five splats represented. We had a Sidhe Adventurer, a Risen victim of an abortion clinic bombing, A Fianna Galliard (basically the Sidhe's sidekick), A Toreador, A sarcastic old Wu Lung, and a hot-shit Virtual Adept.

The players mostly adapted... except the vampire. I was able to throw the Risen a bone by having the Aliens challenge them on their passions and the like.

But the Vampire really had nothing to do except beg the other players to let her feed and generally be catatonic. She freaked out whenever the Aliens began telepathic communicaions.

Ultimately the Aliens ended up being more curious than hostile, but much of the game was spent trying to figure the abductors out.

One of my better "stupid high school game" ideas, and a learning experience about the limitations of Vampires.
>>
>>54070793
The prince is a Nosferatu, so direct conflict will not be possible for them. Though you make some valid points. Would it make more sense if the second-in-command it's actually okay with things getting nasty for the prince?

Also, isn't the blood bond only caused after repeated consumption of the other's blood?

>It just seems like it'd be easier to give them some sort of work-rent scheme to drive off a Monster-of-the-Week. And tie some plot threads to it.

I don't really want to do anything similar to monsters-of-the-week. Nor it seems to be what my players one considering the two characters that are already finished both have physical atributes as tertiary and the other one will be a toreador.
>>
>>54070954
It would make more sense if they were sent out to drag him back or end him, with a wink wink nudge nudge on the 'end'. Kindred do like their power. And then the fake-prince has something to hold over the head of the neonates.

A permanent bond, yeah. But even a first stage one can develop from a taste.

Monster o the week doesn't have to be MAIM KILL BURN - use the x-files as an example. Hell, if it does go MKB they could probably lead the local church around by the nose, or stoke a lynch mob. It just means turning the monster of the week into an investigation challenge.
>>
>>54071024
How are they supposed to drag back (or end) an elder Nosferatu? They can't even know where he is if he doesn't want to. That's why the mission is mainly diplomatic (social).

Playing detectives doesn't fit the characters they're making much either to be honest. They're making merchants, priests, etc. Basically the kind of vampire who send their servants to do stuff like that.
>>
>>54064477
I miss jakki.
>>
>>54062033
fag
>>
>>54070194
That was the hamsterwheel over on Exalted before they finally got shitcanned
>>
>>54064477
I saw a jakki post a few days ago in their WtF forum. Plus in the Scion one today. If you're really jakki you are bad at being done with OPP
>>
Does radiation hurt Kindred?
>>
>Alternative wod setting
>The players choose Invictus, Circle of the crone, Ordo dracul, Sabbat and anarchs.

Ideas how the relations between wod and cofd factions could look like? I am particularly uncertain how the relationship between sabbat and CotC should look like.
>>
>>54071158
How were they supposed to do it originally? They were sent out to return an Elder to the city one way or the other.

Playing detective doesn't have to mean going down to the local speak-easy and beating up gangsters. It's probably close to what social play is for your group anyway.
>>
>>54071385
Extreme levels would, yeah. They'd probably be seriously radiated for a fairly long while, too. But they'd have a durability so far in advance of mortals, it isn't funny.
>>
>>54071451
I was figuring something like that. I was thinking specifically along the lines of vampires working/living in nuclear plants. It's probably ST discretion but I wonder how much you could get away with stuff like handling fuel rods and whatnot.
>>
>>54071401
Sabbat and the Dracul would probably be bros. Everyone else would still hate eachother.
>>
I'm a lazy shithead, can anyone give me the rundown of what changed in Masquerade V5, both mechanically and settingwise?
>>
File: Shit's fucked.jpg (66KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
Shit's fucked.jpg
66KB, 790x593px
>>54071587
See pic.
>>
>>54071437
>How were they supposed to do it originally?

Find out where he could be, do a little of investigation. Eventually speak aloud to nobody in the place the prince will most probably be, hoping he's actually there and answers.

You can't force someone you can't touch or see to do anything, but you can talk to him and therefore convince him.
>>
>>54071542
What is vampire actually made of? Do they still have nucleic acids, proteins an dother stuff in their cells? Do they even have cells or just some construct made of solified vitae?

Chemicaly, what IS vitae?
>>
>>54071647

So, uh, is this coincidental or vulgar?
>>
>>54071587
They're basically making a new Requiem without the marketing mistake of not calling it Masquerade.

I'm most probably gonna ignore it and play revised or v20. Or play Requiem if I actually want a different vampire game.
>>
>>54071587
I assume they kept their edge restrained in the open playtest, so V5 is FATAL grade edgefest, but without the charm of Black Dog.
>>
>>54071554
Why would they be bros?
>>
>>54071726
It's fucking magic. Vampires are supernatural creatures cursed by magic.
>>
>>54071879
I don't remember any anus circumference charts in v5. Fuck off with the hyperbole.
>>
>>54071879
What's so edgy about it?
>>
>>54071984
You haven't seen the entire game yet, so technically speaking, you don't know that there isn't one.
>>
>>54071984
Well, we already got Amelina the pedo vampire who sucks child refugees form Syria.
>>
>>54071744

Lets be honest, the new games did introduce some ideas I wouldn't mind back porting into the old game.

Awakening has a better magic system. I'm a Die-hard Ascension Supremacist, and I admit this.

The Carthians are Anarchs if Anarchs didn't suck.

The Circle of the Crone gives me some idea on how to actually use the Bahari/Path of Lillith as a faction, which I couldn't find in my VtM books.
>>
>>54072053
Isn't that the like wet dream of everyone who's been complaining about Onyx Path's SJWry?
>>
>>54072013
>The coterie can feed from the sleeping kids (for Auspex advantage) or wake them up and gather them in the day-activity room (filled with books, comics, a pulpit for a teacher and walls covered in art by the kids). Bring home the horror of what the coterie is about to do by coldly describing the centre and the passive, pliant kids who do exactly as they’re told. They have all been trough terrible things to get to Germany, many have seen their parents die or have had to kill or let their friends die. This is another great place for some free-form Humanity loss.
>>
>>54072063
The Circle of the Crone should be a fucked up third wave feminist wiccan subset of what should be a much broader, more varied, interesting coalition of ancient dark vampire cults of varied nature and cultural base. As they are they are a terrible idea,
>>
>>54072099

VAMPIRE: THE FEEDING

>>54072136

Fucked up wiccan feminists are only a part of the circle if you read the book.
>>
>>54070382
I fail to see why that would be. Care to clarify?
>>
>>54072063
Yeah of course, but overall Masquerade is better as long as you don't play with autists who cry if you deviate slightly from the established lore. Which you shouldn't play any game with, anyways. No reason to play Requiem as far as my opinion goes, really (maybe except for the rules).

That said I haven't tried all the games of CoD but except for Vampire they seem to be all equal or better than their oWoD brethren.
>>
File: Circle of the Crone.png (139KB, 339x286px) Image search: [Google]
Circle of the Crone.png
139KB, 339x286px
>>54072136
>>54072173
>>
>>54072053

NWoD Shadows of the UK has a cattle farm full of refugees for feeding or for giving people
secondhand blood.

One of the books mentions a Coyote(border-crossing kind) who drains the occasional family-less wetback for his fix.

>>54071879

Where does Cuckula rate on this chart?
>>
>>54072053
So basically Amelina is /pol/?
>>
>>54072173
Sure they are. I mean seriously they basically just added a sentence or two in to suggest that, in concession because of how blatantly tacky it was, but everything else about the Circle is centered around that crap. Goddess worship, witches, blah blah blah. Every hint of text is just that same crap.

For all intents and purposes in CoFD, Circle of the Crone ARE just that, a monolithic cult of goddess worshiping third wave feminist fantasy crap, with the variation being the typical, maybe they worship Lilith, maybe they worship some dark, ancient Earth Mother Predator Thing. Unimaginative crap centering around some SJW's magical realm of garbage.
>>
>>54072248

Honestly, Vampire seems mostly the same in between the two.

NWerewolf is kinda meh. I like it, but it lacks the love/hate relationship I had with OWerewolf.

NMage is mechanically better, but it's just not Mage.

Give me the existential vagaries and espionage of the Ascension war where we're left wondering who to trust over "Imma do blow off a vampire hooker's ass and teabag these sleepers because fuck it" of Awakening.

Sin-eaters would fit right in the Wraith universe, I think that's basically what Orpheus was.

Changeling20 has basically redeemed Dreaming for me. They're both good in incompatible ways.

OHunter had the advantage of actually being viable against full-blown splats, but it was laughable in a lot of ways. Especially the "We Wuz Kangs" exalted bit.

ODemon and OMummy just didn't do it for me. NDemon is fucking amazing. NMummy is a cool Idea, but there's not much you can do with it.
>>
>>54072515
That isn't really what awakening is about, shitty mageposting aside.
>>
>>54072340

There's an entire faction called the Nihilists who say that the Goddess doesn't exist and Cruac still works for them.

Kind of a massive shit in the face for the SocJus set.
>>
>>54072582

What is it about, then?

Mysteries, which can be resolved through enough unveiling spells?

Power Corrupts, which is really dependent on the players' choices? Not to mention invalidated by the things that mages learn as they become more powerful. Your willingness to compromise or even sell out will grow as you become aware of the full scope of the alternative.

Perhaps a better theme for NMage would be "Ignorance is Bliss." Pass the Blow-laden vampire stripper, I just need to forget.
>>
>>54072715
>my ideas are more Magey than the canon setting

Oh please, do fuck right off
>>
>>54072980
Tell me why my assessment is wrong.
>>
>>54073268
Your assessment isn't wrong or right.

It's the fact that you can even deceive yourself into making attempts to label what -should- be considered Mage.

It's coming across as fucking pathetic.
>>
New Thread >>54072369
New Thread >>54072369
New Thread >>54072369
New Thread >>54072369
New Thread >>54072369
>>
>>54072053
Is Amelina hot? This is important.
>>
>>54073380
this thread isn't even at 325 posts yet you sperg
>>
>>54074976
It was stillborn, and watching it fester was one of the most painful experiences any of us have had to endure on 4chan yet. Sorry senpai.
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.