[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 61

File: Chaos 4th edition.png (2MB, 1205x864px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos 4th edition.png
2MB, 1205x864px
Just another glorious day in the lore.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread: >>54006423
>>
>>54030331
>>54030386

They're really nice models to be honest.

They don't really suit the general aesthetics of the Empires early modern stuff but I guess they could work as town guard or something.

In Vermintide only the state troops wear the landsknecht stuff while the local guard look more like that with chainmail.
>>
>>54037431
Copying a post I made in the wip-general:

I'm thinking of making a unit of Nurgle Marauders inspired by the red robed acolytes in the picture, which I absolutely adore. Would you guys agree that Skaven Plague Monks would make excellent basis for such conversions? Their woe-staves can easily be turned into Flails and Great Weapons which I'll probably be mixing freely within the unit so that either weapon set up is availible for games. Regarding the model itself snipping off their tails and adjusting/converting/replacing the heads should be sufficient to accomplish my goal.
What do you guys think? I'd love to hear any input you might have be it from the point of fluff, gameplay or actually wip-related.
>>
>>54037849
Here's a picture of the Skaven Plague Monks for anyone who would like an easy comparison.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Pestilens-Plague-Monks
>>
>>54037821
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Gorfang_Rotgut
>>
>OP-pic
Damn, now I get what inspired WoW epics design. Esp. the four-sided sword.
>>
>>54037875

Keep in mind that ppriest are quite outdates as model, so they will look bad if you use recent models proportions
>>
File: 1490853391427.jpg (102KB, 598x991px) Image search: [Google]
1490853391427.jpg
102KB, 598x991px
>>54037902
Thanks mate, have some squabbling orcs as a reward!
>>
>>54037965
I'm not certain that I understand you exactly. Could you rephrase your comment?
>>
>>54038042

You're not the boss of me now,
You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big.
>>
>>54038110
Okay then... Was merely trying to understand you, and now I feel like making meth so that I can get into witness protection.
>>
>>54038042
I think what he means is that the low detail level of the skaven models will clash with certain modern bitz.
>>
File: Belit-Xavier01.png (642KB, 628x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Belit-Xavier01.png
642KB, 628x1000px
This thread is claimed for the glory of Lahmia.
>>
File: 72915849.NAFfNaxt.DSCF0001.jpg (97KB, 720x459px) Image search: [Google]
72915849.NAFfNaxt.DSCF0001.jpg
97KB, 720x459px
>>54038601
Ah okay, Well they are pretty much just robes. The heads seem to be rightfully awful but then again I will convert/swap them to appear more nurglesque.
>>
>>54038381

Kek not him but it's just a Malcolm in the middle reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4CVKbVtTsc
>>
File: Abstract Kind of Feel.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Kind of Feel.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>>54038668
Hence my Breaking Bad is really the same universe as Malcolm in the Middle-reference.
>>
File: Lahmian_2.jpg (96KB, 306x642px) Image search: [Google]
Lahmian_2.jpg
96KB, 306x642px
>>54038651
No one even lives in Lahmia anymore - it was razed to the ground. The only glory it has is being rubble, and being the source of a curse that would plague mankind for millenia after.

And I'm pretty sure that's not Lahmian vampire art, and I'm starting to realize how even a sexy bit of artwork can grow stale when it's reposted. Kindly make like a Strigoi and bury yourself in an underground crypt to sleep for hundreds of years.
>>
File: bet those skeletons have boners.jpg (666KB, 1716x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bet those skeletons have boners.jpg
666KB, 1716x1100px
>>54039355
t. von Cuckstein
>>
>>54039408
Wasn't that comic non-canon or something? Something was wrong or stupid about it that made it dislikeable.
>>
File: peasants.jpg (107KB, 1024x422px) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
107KB, 1024x422px
So just in general, are Bretonnian Peasant heavy armies an actual viable option to play with? I'm not looking for nitty gritty facts, but does the idea of having larger blocks of Cannon Fod-...I mean.. "light infantary" of the peasants sustainable enough to support maybe only two or three smaller units of knights? I know Brets excel at charging and breaking on their charges, but given enough peasants, couldn't they tie up specialized forces? Or is the fact that they would often turn and run too much of a risk to be effective?
>>
>>54039954
Do you mean in terms of fluff?

If so, yes, you can have 'professional' peasant armies, though this is mostly down to who their lords are. Yeomen (mounted skirmishers) are going to be your most professional, but even men-at-arms and bowmen can be hard fuckers. Carcassonne is known for a relatively high standard of peasant soldiery, as the duchy has little room to faff about, constantly facing pressure from especially nasty greenskins.
>>
File: SUMMON.png (513KB, 2212x1734px) Image search: [Google]
SUMMON.png
513KB, 2212x1734px
>mfw leoncour invades rightful empire clay.
>>
File: pure empire genetics.jpg (47KB, 173x306px) Image search: [Google]
pure empire genetics.jpg
47KB, 173x306px
>>54040038
mfw he takes marrienburg turn 2
>>
>>54033626
Realm of Chaos books were for 40k too.

>>54037069
Forest goblins are much older than Grimgor. I don't feel like checking the 3rd edition books, but they were in the 4th edition already at least.
>>
Delete this thread and make a new one with a header that forbids autistic roleplaying, the vampire cunts started it again.
>>
>>54040295
We obey no mortal law. Or header.
>>
>>54040295
>implying titles can stop anything
>>
>>54040250

That's the Stirland Captain model anon.
>>
File: menatarmspeasants.jpg (92KB, 850x418px) Image search: [Google]
menatarmspeasants.jpg
92KB, 850x418px
>>54039954
I'm not much of a crunch guy, but technically you could manage it, if you gave your peasants the right magic items to keep them alive and fighting, and were able to position your knights to at least be close enough to help with their Leadership. 1d4chan has some stuff dedicated to the idea, and I know they aren't the greatest with strategy but there's gotta be something there that's effective. It would be difficult, though.
>>
I hope 9th age shit is okay here since it is listed in the general and there isn't a general else where.

WTF is with the 9th age team? I was reading their FAQ and it's full of "we love diversity, diversity is our number 1 goal" type of shit. WTF kind of group is making this game where in their stated goals the 2nd one is about left wing politics?

I was looking to maybe do some writing for them, write some fluff for 9th age since it's lacking at the moment and this cancer has completely put me off. Why the fuck would any one support a game who puts quality product behind being inclusive?
>>
>>54039954

You can do it but in 8E you would loose 90% of your games sadly. Brets were by far the weakest army in 8E and gimping themselves any further is borderline insanity.
>>
File: druchii.jpg (253KB, 752x736px) Image search: [Google]
druchii.jpg
253KB, 752x736px
>>54040295
Want to know something hilarious? At one point, anons were complaining that telling people not to talk about End Times in the title was actually causing people to talk about End Times more! So with that logic, telling people to not roleplay in the thread would turn this whole thread into a Lahmian blood orgy.
>>
>>54042029

M8 it's run by Germans so it's gone full on 'holocaust gilt, just wipe my shit out famalam'.

I had my suspicions when they 1) had a Brexit thread and only a handful of people supported it (it should be 50/50) and 2) they made Scotland a separate thread to the rest of the UK since they wanted to stay in the EU (and to generally be spiteful against the UK).

I'll use the rules as long as they're good but I'm never reading any of the fluff they write.
>>
>>54042122
I just find it really disappointing. I'd like to get into writing fantasy fluff, I'm sick of the modern stuff that doesn't tell a real story any more. I'd like to push a more traditional fantasy story, with 9th age being a community based product I thought it might be a good way to get my foot in the door. Instead I find a progressive train wreck.

How the fuck is a game based on Fantasy who's player base is mostly middle age men turned into this?
>>
>>54040295

> I was going to shitpost, but then the thread subject forbid it so I didn't.

That won't help one iota.
>>
>>54042164

Because they're all autistic, and not in the meme sense I mean genuinely borderline.

I have a lot of respect for how seriously they take rules development but have you seen the charts? There's about 15 different departments everything goes through before it even gets considered (bit like the EU kek). Most of them are very intelligent with PhD's etc. but I do wonder if this doesn't stifle creativity a bit? When Priestley wrote Warhammer his only experience was the little games he made with his mates, it was just free reign to do whatever he wanted and whatever sounded cool. I think T9A have suffocated it a bit.
>>
>>54042224
Autists aren't usually political though. They focus on their autism and building whatever shit they obsess with. What kind of autism makes you virtual signal constantly?
>>
>>54042164
Are you seriously assblasted over girl Sigmar?
>>
>>54042737

Ugh, bigot much? Don't just go assuming xe's gender.

Sigmar is now a trans black inter-sectional demi-gryph.
>>
do you think bretonnians would like mlp
>>
>>54042854
I come here to escape this type of shitposting, anon. Don't ruin it for me.
>>
>>54042224
>>54042164

Ehh I'm not getting it? Why so much hate with 9th? Are you guys not liking the system? or just the ideals of the creaters? You need to separate the two, or you'll do more damage to the community and effort of continuing fantasy...we're already fractured as it is. Don't displace your disapproval of the creators and their thoughts, with the actual quality of 9th edition's mechanics...
>>
>>54042933
You don't want progressives in charge of your game system. It's going to either destroy the system's quality by diversity hiring or it'll destroy the community by alienating the player base so a tranny can shit with the women
>>
>>54042933

I can separate the two, as I said as long as they keep writing good rules I'll keep supporting them but I won't be in a hurry to read their first novel.

Everything I said applies mainly to the fluff, being autistic can be helpful when it comes to balancing 200 different profiles.
>>
File: 1468140364012.jpg (144KB, 578x1383px) Image search: [Google]
1468140364012.jpg
144KB, 578x1383px
>>54042933
This. I feel like most of the world is at this stupid point where they'll go "I really like this guy's work, BUT he's a conservative/he's an SJW" and then whatever they made or did is forgotten under people arguing about variations on the political spectrum.

Granted, I'll be disgusted by over the top 'check your privilege,' but I'm also disgusted by 'or niggers as I like to call them.' Both extremes disgust me. I just want to be in the middle, get along well enough with everyone, and enjoy shit. Who cares about the political ideology behind things? Business is business, fans are fans.
>>
>>54042933
>>54042983
>>54043277
>fantasycucks so desperate that they are gladly allying with SJWs
>>
>>54043277
If you read the original post you can see that business is not business when it's political. These people aren't trying to get along with everyone, they're trying to push a political agenda that will punish those who don't agree with them.

Lets say 9th age runs a tournament and you get paired with a tranny. It's a guy in a dress with a full beard and no tits. Claims his name is Snowsparkle and his pronouns are xe/zem/zhey. If you don't larp that it's a woman then you will get kicked out of that tournament no matter how factual your statement of "no, that's a man" is.

As someone who is rather /pol/ minded I can treat people decently even if I dislike them. I don't have to compromise in any way to not treat a negro like shit just because he's a negro. I am not in a political battle with that guy, we're playing a game and we can both set aside our politics while we do it. Where as I have to compromise and straight out lie to someone if I want to be part of a SJW community. In this case I'm told if I say the emperor has no clothes then I am a bad person. I am put in a situation where I simply cannot hold to my ideals of not being a liar while staying part of that community. If I see this man try to go into the woman's bathroom after I see a little girl walk in what am I to do? Just ignore it or should I say "Hey staff, a man just followed a little girl into that bathroom"? It creates a no win situation for any decent person because you're dealing with utter scum and degeneracy beyond anything a decent person will tolerate.

Live and let live doesn't work when people force themselves on you. If you want to wear a dress in your bedroom and call yourself Snow Sparkle mega cunt then go for it. Not my problem, isn't causing any harm if that's your fetish and you keep it private. This is something different, this is someone mentally ill demanding you obey their demands or you're not welcome in that community. It's forcing people into an ideological fight.
>>
>>54042933
>we're already fractured as it is.
Just say it's dead already.
>>
why are 1f links easier in sf4 than jojos
>>
>>54043450
So, let's follow this step by step.

Step 1: People make game.
Step 2: Game makers say they're for diversity, use SJW buzzwords, whatever.
Step 3: They hold a tournament.
Step 4: You might meet a tranny.

Therefore, they're forcing themselves on you, and you have to boycott them and tear them down.
>>
>>54043641
>SJWs steal someone else's game idea and recreate it
>They use this game idea to push a political agenda
>I as someone who disagrees with this agenda want to discuss it and propose finding alternative systems not pushing said agenda
>In your mind this makes me a bad person.

I have this strange desire not to give power to people who deny reality. It tends to end very poor, is that simple enough to understand?
>>
>>54042029
I worked with the ninth age team for a little while, back during its first year of existence, and there wasn't any progressive/left-wing stuff back then. I wonder what changed after I left. I'm glad I got out of that boat.
>>
>>54042933
>Why so much hate with 9th?
Because it's GW shills who hates anything which isn't approved by GW
>>
File: Ironbreakers.jpg (49KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
Ironbreakers.jpg
49KB, 580x350px
>>54043641
haha, well said... I can't believe that even something like a miniatures wargame, (one that we are all exiled to play in unification against AOS crap) can create such still such childish fear and condemnation because human beings differ in opinions.

Guys, come on, we're better than this. Enlightenment...embrace it. Make yourselves better intellectually please... The people who are piloting the 9th edition game are humans. You are human. They are doing something to continue a game that you, them and I all love. You don't like their opinions? Grow up, and accept it. How are you going to get on in life if you think that your myopic view must only be the only correct option....
>>
>>54043734
>Somebody abandons a game idea.
>Somebody else takes it.
>They politically disagree with you.
>Somebody likes it.
>Therefore he's evil.

You're welcome to talk about whatever the fuck you want. I like to talk about what I want. Is that hard to understand?
>>
>>54042854
I think Sigmar is just a Roman Patrician woman rather than a subhuman German.
>>
>>54043769
>>54043770
I don't know how you get this naive and stupid.

You have someone literally trying to force their politics on you through a game system and you're willing to accept it because it gets you your plastic crack fix.

Are you nothing but blind consumers who will tolerate anything as long as they get their cummies?
>>
>>54043338
How can anyone be a cuck when nobody on 4chan will ever get laid?
>>
>>54043830
>Are you nothing but blind consumers
>AoS player calling someone a blind consumers
9th age didn't produce miniatures
>>
>>54043734
The heart of Warhammer belongs to Based Rick. Not GW.
>>
>>54043830
There is literally nothing in the game system that is conservative or liberal.

Other than Sigmar not being a Jerry.
>>
>>54043847
I'm not an AoS player, I've never played a single GW game and was looking for a new game to get into.
>>
>>54043847
Well, they do promote the miniatures of...well, literally everyone other than GW.

They have an open thread specifically for companies to advertise their own shit.
>>
>>54043830
Why are you so paranoid about getting influenced by others? If I read something stupid, I nod, say "That's stupid," and then run a mental check on how much idiocy there is in a product against how fun it is. If there's more fun than shit, I keep it. If there's more shit than fun, I throw it out.

It's like Victoria 2. Victoria 2 is fucking retarded about economics and pushes a bizarre protectionist agenda via its game mechanics. Keep in mind, this is a game that is supposed to be simulating the real world, not an explicitly fantasy universe, so it's easy to try to make a judgement call from there.

But I still play Victoria 2, because it's fun. Just like 9th Age. I haven't seen anything overt, and somehow, I'm not worried about getting brainwashed by a game where fantasy dudes stab each other.

>>54043873
EVEN FUCKING BETTER.
>I don't even have an oar in this fight, I'm just triggered by a game that I don't play's politics.
>>
>>54043830
And how the fuck are they doing that?

All they've done is have a separate Scotland board, disagree with brexit on their forums and say they're proud of their diversity.
>>
>>54043873
Try X-Wing.
Easy entry, balanced rules, neat minis.

Be a grumbler like me and only use ships from the old movies and original EU.
>>
>>54043874
So what? Since they produce only rules of course they will have place for advices which models players could use.
>>
>>54043874
They actually still do promote GW models. Regardless, they're making absolutely no money from companies promoting themselves on their threads.
>>
File: Kaleb Daark CJ86.jpg (776KB, 1198x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Kaleb Daark CJ86.jpg
776KB, 1198x1725px
>>54043886
To be fair fucking EVERYONE other than a few random shitters "celebrates their diversity". Fuck, I'm old enough to remember businesses like paint stores and rental places having pamphlets showing how diverse they are.

I fucking blame everyone born before and after me for shit cuntmancery. Old shitters for being asspained conservative, young shitters for being asspained liberal, and never shutting thw fuck up to talk about what truly matters.

Malal being canon.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (2KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
2KB, 125x98px
>>54043830
You are the biggest idiot, born from a lineage of idiots...I honestly hope the good lord Darwin sorts you out.
>>
>>54043886
Gee whiz, how has a company constantly talking about diversity and how inclusive they are pushed an agenda? Could it be that they're pushing their views and outright state they will ban you if you disagree with them?

Oh I guess you didn't read the pages, you just want to defend them.

>>54043888
Never was a fan of Star wars as a movie series. Much prefer it as a setting for a super hero game like Jedi knight 2. I'm an ex warmachine player, was browsing systems and considering new 40k but before I invest money I wanted to see what other options are out there.
>>
>>54043919
>Malal being canon
As canon as female orcs.
>>
>>54043930
What has this got to do with the game system? Absolutely nothing.

LITERALLY everyone pushes their views on you in one way or another. You're just sperging out because they aren't agreeing with you in this instance.
Grow up.
>>
>>54043734
Why are you treating SJWs like some boogeyman who is going to ruin everything you do?
>>
File: IMG_4222.jpg (66KB, 1600x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4222.jpg
66KB, 1600x350px
>>54043930
>Could it be that they're pushing their views and outright state they will ban you if you disagree with them?

All I see is a tabletop game. All I see in their forums is tabletop game discussion, as it should be.
>>
>>54043945
Malal was canon after them.
>>
File: Casket2.jpg (304KB, 1090x856px) Image search: [Google]
Casket2.jpg
304KB, 1090x856px
>>
>>54043970
Maybe you should read their FAQ then.

>>54043969
Have you not noticed everything is being utterly fucked or do you like the current state of the West? I have this strange aversion to people who promote diversity and now my town is so diverse that we went from almost no knife crime to people being stabbed in broad day light.

Kind of annoys me that it's becoming unsafe to walk my home town because it's now full of muslims and niggers so attending a games club becomes a dangerous activity.
>>
>>54043996
A fantasy game is putting you at risk of being stabbed?
>>
>>54043977
I am certain that Malal was removed from WHFB before infamous orc cheerleaders.
>>
>>54043970
+1

God I can't stand the fucking racist, closed minded fucks on this site... A tabletop game should not attract such human trash seriously. I can't believe in 2017, the human race is still so far behind in evolution...
>>
>>54044011
The ideology these people are promoting is yes. Can you not separate Muh rules from the fact that you're enabling something destructive?

Sure they're building a mega death ray but they gave me some candy so I can ignore that bit. Hey who wants free candy?
>>
File: 1491000209219.jpg (33KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1491000209219.jpg
33KB, 432x432px
>>54043882
>Why are you so paranoid about getting influenced by others?
Not liking something is not a phobia. People don't like stuff. It has nothing to do with fear of being influenced or whatever you want to call it. I think it's perfectly fair if a person would prefer there wasn't any political stuff mixed with their hobby. It doesn't even have to do with agreeing or disagreeing. It could be political stuff that a person agrees with but which they woulds till prefer was kept separate from their hobby. Yes, we understand that you can think "it's stupid" and just ignore it, but it doesn't really change anything about this situation. I think it's still perfectly fair for someone to prefer to not see political stuff in their hobby. There is nothing complicated or offensive about such a simple preference.
>>
>>54044045
So by using a free set of rules for a fantasy game I'm enabling mass migration, violence and a genocide of the white race or whatever meme is being pushed by /pol/ all because the creators of the rules have a separate board for Scotland?

Wow wtf I'm never playing the 9th Age again
>>
>>54044058
There isn't any political stuff in the hobby side of it though
>>
>>54044091
One day you will understand the power to influence people is a powerful thing. Until then continue to enjoy your toy soldiers
>>
>>54044058
Of course there's nothing wrong with it. It's just that usually, people understand preferences are preferences and don't make it a moral crusade to stop people from having the wrong fun. People who do do that are SJWs, or /pol/tards.
>>
>>54044112
Thanks I will
>>
File: augqxmlelwiy.jpg (53KB, 847x507px) Image search: [Google]
augqxmlelwiy.jpg
53KB, 847x507px
>>54043969
>Why are you treating SJWs like some boogeyman who is going to ruin everything you do?
I'm not sure about "ruining everything" but SJWs have been pretty clear about injecting politics into hobbies. That's not a boogeyman, that's real life. It would be a good idea to dislike people who inject politics into hobbies regardless of whether you agree with their stance or not.
>>
>>54044158
Everything is inherently political.

Regardless of whether or not progressive politics is being inserted into tabletop games, the fact remains that it isn't being inserted into T9A.
>>
>>54044124
It's not about "wrong fun", it's about the community that exists around a game. I don't want to be part of a community that demands pronouns be exchanged before a game if gets upset if I say "damn that bitch wrecked my skinks". You have to understand that there is more to a game than the ruleset and there is a community that is required to use that ruleset.

Go on Malifaux facebook groups and you constantly see SJW types bickering over bullshit. If your community is full of these people then have fun using your sexy demonettes when they deep them sexiest for being topless women or whatever bullshit crusade they go on.

There is more to a game than just the rules. There is breeding a healthy community where people are not being held to a witch hunt if they're the wrong type of person. Magic is a good example of this, where they took a spot away from a pro player who would have qualified to give it to a female pro who failed for years to qualify for the event. It was purely based on muh vagina and made that event actively worse playing quality wise. This is what happens if companies have this ideology and gain influence. No longer is it about the game and who's good at it, it becomes diversity quotas and white men lose spots they earned so a chick with an afro who can barely roll dice can be spot lighted.

I want a healthy gaming community that works based on quality of product and quality of player. If I cannot trust a company to promote this then it's in my best interest to counter-signal them to try and build someone else up who won't work against my interests.
>>
>>54044197
>I want a healthy gaming community that works based on quality of product and quality of player
It sounds more like all you care about is one that reinforces your world view over others'.
>>
>>54044124
>moral crusade
I don't see violent historical warfare in this thread. I see comments about disliking a thing.
>>
>>54044217
Yea man, I totally want my wargame to have "Fuck niggers and gas the kikes" on the front cover. Or maybe I actually like having politically neutral hobbies because it's unhealthy to have to deal with politics 24 hours a day. I don't want to have to sit down to a movie and go "oh hey race mixing" or play a game and go "oh hey the main characters a black chick who screams about white men oppressing her". Maybe I just want a space where I don't have to deal with any political bullshit and can just roll some dice, enjoy my evening out and refresh myself that way.

No wait fuck I mean 9th age first rule must be that any kike in a tournament must be shoved in an oven!
>>
>>54044197
I guess that's fair if you want to be part of a tourney scene. Myself, I just go to my LGS and play with the group there. We curse, make dirty jokes, and drink beer. I suppose I hadn't thought of the try hard perspective that want to go to official tourneys and not have to worry about social graces.

>>54044222
Metaphor.
>>
>>54044248
So having a white and white couple isn't political?
>>
>>54044197
>Go on Malifaux facebook groups and you constantly see SJW types bickering over bullshit.
Yet still Malifaux have a lot of hot victorian chicks/whores.
>>
>>54044045
>Can you not separate Muh rules from the fact

No.

I only care about the game.

If I wanted politics, I'd crack open a newspaper anf shitpost /pol/.

Unless you have an example of how the GAME promotes something, your point has no validity on this board.
>>
>>54044015
Nope.

Malal died in the early 2000's.

Blood Bowl wasn't canon to Fantasy, the Orc Villagers were dropped in the mid 90's.
>>
>>54043996
>Maybe you should read their FAQ then.
So you have no source.

Because all I see is bans for racism, shitposting, and all the other shit that can be called "being a wanker". Which is also against the global rules of 4chan as well.
Unless you think Mootwo is trying to get you stabbed too.
>>
>>54044255
Even local events suffer from these problems. As you advertise yourself as X people who are X like will be drawn to you. As such by promoting these ideas they draw these type of people into all levels of the hobby.

I was listening to the Grognad files podcast last week. They were going through old models and they found some topless women tied to a post. One guy commented how "oh that's so sexist, those women have no agency, wouldn't use those models today. Guess I stopped being a child who liked that stuff." It's fucking revolting that the gaming scene is being warped by these politics to the point where you can no longer just have a good old fashioned hero saving the princess from a dragon story because they people will abuse any one who doesn't go along with the ideology.

>>54044256
Passing on your genes with your natural mates is quite different from being told to pass on your genes with your unnatural mates. One requires propaganda to make happen, the other happens instinctively
>>
File: 1401862002275.jpg (274KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
1401862002275.jpg
274KB, 1224x814px
>>54044158
We had to put up with thirty fucking years of conservatives calling us satanists, now your generation can pull up their big boy britches and put up thirty of being called an abelist or whatever the liberal word for people they don't like is.
>>
>>54044320
>Passing on your genes with your natural mates is quite different from being told to pass on your genes with your unnatural mates. One requires propaganda to make happen, the other happens instinctively
kek

KEK

K-E-K
>>
>>54044256
As far as I'm concerned they better be killing Urk and Grobi, or they're the fuckung enemy.
>>
>>54044169
>Everything is inherently political.
Gaming is entertainment. Entertainment is not inherently political. It can be made political and it is something people are allowed to dislike. I am not saying it is happening in T9A. I just like to think that if in the future your hobby is overtaken by propaganda that you disagree with then I would stand by your side.
>>
File: give her the k.jpg (96KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
give her the k.jpg
96KB, 700x530px
>>54044320
>Passing on your genes with your natural mates is quite different from being told to pass on your genes with your unnatural mates. One requires propaganda to make happen, the other happens instinctively

My...natural mate is...the entire color spectrum and...preferably as many at once.
>>
>>54044329
The problem is that the religious nutjobs were rejected and told to fuck off. The progressives are taking control of the industry and forcing their ideas from the top down.

It's a completely different beast
>>
>>54043969
Because they ruin everything they touch. They don't really think in logical ways and they have something like religious fervor about the believes and try to marginalise anyone who they even suspect might disagree with their political ideals.

Personally when I hear someone saying sjw I feel the same way as if it was the church being mentioned, you know mostly only intrested in pushing their agenda and anything else comes second place, with no hope to change or reason with.

In the past do-gooder dreamers felt joining the church was the best way for them to influence society closer to their own ideals and do 'good'. Now they join movements and become sjw's.

I don't want them to run anything or get close to any position of power or infulance at all. And that is the only thing they care about, positions of infulance and lecture others.
>>
>>54044357
Everything is political and this is an objective fact
>>
>>54044320
We have god damn neanderthal and denisovan genes in our DNA. Humans will fuck anything and everything.
>>
File: IMG_5853.jpg (149KB, 499x826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5853.jpg
149KB, 499x826px
>>54044357
Or maybe you should not be a faggot and oppose all propaganda regardless on whether you believe it or not because only a dumb motherfucker that needs to be publicly shamed interjects politics into non-political subjects. Because otherwise you're just a dumb piece of shit ruining everything for everyone because of your inability to feel kinship with others over a shared interest.
>>
File: palemoon_2017-06-28_06-26-18.png (32KB, 2063x219px) Image search: [Google]
palemoon_2017-06-28_06-26-18.png
32KB, 2063x219px
>>54044302
Have you tried reading their About us page and how they have literal anti-hate speech lines where offending someone won't be tolerated?
>>
>>54044378
>It's a completely different beast
it's literally the same shit
>>
>>54044383
Actually not all races have neanderthal DNA. :)
>>
File: 1494700786631.jpg (49KB, 528x148px) Image search: [Google]
1494700786631.jpg
49KB, 528x148px
>>54043996
You really just sound like one of the example people Enoch Powell included in his 'rivers of blood' speech. I'm sorry, I know a bunch of people who are different can be scary, but lumping them all together in a conglomerate as being the source of all evil and problems really doesn't help you out. The world is not black and white like that - letting in everyone and anyone is bad, yes, but shutting everyone out because a few are scary is just as bad. The world will endure, even if it takes a while to get over the growing pains of all this shifting people around and fear.
>>
>>54044418
The religious groups were never able to infiltrate the hobby. They were outsiders who demanded change from beyond the borders of our realm.

People like Will Weaton and that ginger cunt as taking lead positions in the community. They're promoting these ideas to invite more people like them into the community and hence push their agenda with more boots on the ground.

The religious groups never stood a chance, it was poorly peer pressure. The SJWs aren't using the same tactic, they're taking pitch forks and witch hunting within the community themselves.
>>
>>54044378
Religious nutjobs made us pariahs and an inferior class of society.

The liberals just complain.

Either way, its time for the new generation to man the fuck up and deal with the political extremes without whining and pissing and moaning as much as the people they're against.

>Oh waaaah! A faggot on podcast I listened to complained kinkshamed me about my erotic miniatures! Let me go on social media and find people who agree with me on it!

Literally the EXACT SAME kind of person they are complaining about.
>>
>>54044442
>The religious groups were never able to infiltrate the hobby.
Yeah but they hold total control over information since Dark Ages to 19-20 centuries.
>>
>>54044438
Did you listen to his speech? Do you even know what he was saying?

>It's wrong to fear people who are massively more violent than your former neighbours
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54044408
So you decided to derail a Warhammer Fantasy thread because you're mad that they'll ban you for calling someone a slur on a fucking forum aboit building army lists and proxying models?

Legitimate question. Do you have a diagnosed mental condition?
Because I'm struggling to come up woth a way that a normal sane human would gain as much asspain as you have demonstrated over a single "don't be a cunt" line in the forum rules that are the exact same no matter where you go.
>>
>>54044446
No, the religious didn't do shit that way. We were already social pariahs because we weren't within the normal spectrum of hobbies. I don't know if you've ever actually played a wargame but the community is full of weirdos. They would have been pariahs no matter what they did because it's a hobby that appeals to those kind of people. They're not bad people, they're just a bit off and it's obvious.

>>54044455
You're making a completely different argument. This is enemy within vs enemy without. History beyond 1970s is irrelevant to this topic.
>>
>>54044423
Deepest and unmixed South Africa is the only pure humans.

All Caucasians have Neanderthal, all Asians Denisovan, and most everyone has a mix of the two to varying degrees.

If there's a pussy you don't want to knock up, you're gay. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>54044471
>They will ban you for offending someone

Do you understand people can be offended by things that aren't insults?
>>
>>54044442
Fuck that, the religious groups held more power than Willie ever will.

They made us outcasts in society as a whole. All Wheaton does is make shitty shows and give interviews that only his fans listen to.
>>
File: 1486027244952.jpg (154KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486027244952.jpg
154KB, 638x960px
>>54044381
I feel like what you just said applies to yourself more than you realize.
>>
>>54044405
Did you quote the wrong post perhaps? I'm saying that I'll fight with anyone who don't want propaganda in their hobby.
>>
>>54044473
>This is enemy within vs enemy without.
Wut?
>History beyond 1970s is irrelevant to this topic.
Why?
Also, following by regious/conservative logic you are pathetic manchildren who shouldn't have any right to demand something from society
>>
>>54044457
Post local newspaper or it didn't happen.

Faggot is probably just some wino in Ontario shitposting online.
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>54044485
Indeed for the unscrupulous it's a wonderful weapon to employ. Also notice words that uses to be common place change over time and become now offensive, as if that really matters anyway.

What this person says is offensive personally to me for reasons, he must be shutdown for that reason alone.

The world is truly slowly going mad
>>
>>54044485
Can you cite that coming up on T9A forums?

Or are you just a fairy who's looking for something to bitch about?

Go ahead m8. Go on the Age Of Sigmar Facebook group and ask someone if they're pre or post op and see if you don't get banned.
Go ahead and do that on any tabletop game official forum.

See if there's any site in the hobby that will not have the exact same policy.
>>
>>54044526
Dead game, dead community, dead thread
>>
>>54044498
If you haven't noticed those religious groups held no power. They were the strawman the progressives put up as being in power, the same way george bush junior was in power yet was just as liberal as the liberals are

Geeks and nerds are natural outcasts. They're outcasts because they have weird hobbies and autistic focus on their hobbies. While everyone else is watching Friends/Breaking Bad/Big Brother nerds are spending their time else where creating natural social barriers. Blaming religious people shows how utterly stupid you are at understanding social dynamics and why those who lack social abilities are always pariahs.

>>54044519
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/violent-crime-rise-every-corner-country-figures-suggest/ how about I just link you to an article saying it's increasing in every single area in the country instead?

>>54044541
I literally screencapped their inclusion and diversity policy. It's right there in the About Us section.
>>
>>54042029
>>54042122
Progressives seek to control every aspect of society and make it about their politics
>>
Fear not fine anons, though your new fangled bullshit will never impress me, you will always have us, the lorefags, to guide you back into a this realm of old. Of grim adventure in a perilous land. And of this, terrible battles in the Old World. Have faith, we have not forgotten.
>>
File: 1320899384952.jpg (134KB, 802x701px) Image search: [Google]
1320899384952.jpg
134KB, 802x701px
>>54044473
>We were already social pariahs because we weren't within the normal spectrum of hobbies.

To the contrary, wargaming was a respectable gentlemen's hobby until the 1970's when D&D came out and the religious right pissed their panties about it.

Fucksake, pic related is the most famous of all fa/tg/uys after HG Wells himself.
>>
>>54044382
If everything was political then we wouldn't need the word political. The word exists because we want to communicate that some things are political and some things are not. Your peudo-intellectual sophistry is meaningless on someone who isn't fucking 12 years old.
>>
>>54044568
You mean a nerdy guy who wrote sci fi might also like wargaming? Go fucking figure man. Doesn't mean your average autistic guy you meet at the LGS wasn't always going to be the weird kid
>>
File: IMG_4223.jpg (44KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4223.jpg
44KB, 500x415px
>>54044556
>Limeys whining about a few bangers with knives

How about you spoiled tea-sucklers pop on over to Detroit for a weekend, see what REAL crime looks like. Or Chicago, Tampa, maybe try San Fran.

Or go visit your peeps up in Canada, I'm sure you limp-wristed crumpetgobblers would be right at home at the Vancouver BC waterfront.
>>
>>54044509
No it really a does not, I don't dislike them for purely political reasons but from observing them. They are little people trying to gain power with victim politics which they would never get otherwise.
That's their number one mission and everything else comes second which is why everything they have real infulance over turns to shit.
It's really just a modern religion and I'm doing them great service not just calling them a modern day cult.
>>
>>54044558
That's what all far spectrum does.

Go moderate or fuck off.
>>
>>54044598
Back in the day that autistic kid would be put to work in the factory.
>>
>>54044639
I think everyone was put in the factory unless you were the child of a wealthy family autistic or not, aren't we lucky to live in a time were we can afford and have time to play games like this. So Warhammer Fantasy guys let's talk about it
>>
>>54044639
Indeed he would. Which is fine. I hung around with these kids, I knew they were social outcasts but I didn't care because we shared interests. We talked about Zelda and 40k and other random shit we read in magazines then asked for at christmas. But saying the religious right made weirdos is just insane. Weirdos always existed, always will.
>>
I just entered the thread and skimmed through it. What is this about Sigmar being a girl? I don't understand.
>>
>>54044383
Ackshually, genetics suggests that all the neanderthal DNA comes from male neanderthals. It seems we got fucked.
>>
>>54044625
What a retarded statement
>>
>>54044563
>we have not forgotten.
You are.
>>
File: 1482550180436.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482550180436.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
Well that was a shitty, shitty blight on this thread. Now lets get back to the important questions.

I know that the Nehekharans were death obsessed, but why did they have two death gods? They have Djaf - the god of death - and Usirian - the god of the underworld, i.e. the place where dead spirits go. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just have a Morr-like figure?

In some ways it's strange that they have such a distinct pantheon at all, since most human nations tend to share the same gods, or at least recognize them all as existing.
>>
>>54045260
I'm pretty sure that Morr is god of the dead, not god of death. He works more like a god of the underworld, he might as well be Usirian with a different name
>>
>>54044568

One of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEC7dsFlvIE
>>
File: 14.png (108KB, 441x431px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
108KB, 441x431px
>>54044682

Nothing to worry about, it's fan-fiction.
>>
File: 9.jpg (57KB, 429x530px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
57KB, 429x530px
Since there appears to be some people in this thread knowledgeable in the 9th age; what is the recommended point size for an average game? I know a lot of people play 4,500 points but have the designers actually said if they balanced the game for a particular size?

I'm wondering because T9A becomes a lot more appealing to me if playing 2000 points was more balanced than say playing 1000 points in 8E (which is to say it wasn't balanced at all). I want to go back to earlier editions where a block of 20 spear-men could actually do something.
>>
What's the best edition of the Fantasy RPG for a complete beginner?
>>
>>54042885
Thinkest thou that thine innards would relish being pierced with a sword, knave?
>>
>>54046012
2nd. Fewer problems than 1st, and the system itself is extremely straightforward.
>>
>>54045260
Egyptians were bureaucratic like that.
>>
>>54045821
Yes, its balanced for 4.5k points.
>>
Apparently Myrmidia lived for some time as a human in the warhammer mediterranean. Do we know anything about her in general except that she is best goddess and notAthena?

>>54044725
The right is literally politicizing food in my country. Go moderate or fuck off.
>>
>>54046519
She ruled a united Tilea and Estalia, was a warrior and a scholar, and had a Gilles-style death where after being poisoned she was put out to sea in a boat.
>>
>>54046519
>The right is literally politicizing food in my country. Go moderate or fuck off.
Tell me more, also which country?
>>
>>54044408
>Being mad that a community imposes rules of conduct on their activities.
>>
>>54045507
>>54045260

I see it sort of like the Grim Reaper. A being that represents the act of dying, but doesn't strictly deal with the dead afterward. Similar to the relationship between Charon and Hades.
>>
>>54046012
2nd Ed, its the best part of 1ed reskinned., and it has the proper Wfrp flavours.
>>
>>54046568
where is the info from?
And what happens to her in end times
>>54046673
India. Eating cow means you are now a cannibal and cows are our mother and need to be protected and cow piss can cure every cancer.
>>
File: 20170628130652_1.jpg (770KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170628130652_1.jpg
770KB, 1920x1080px
also, have a mixed pike and swordsmen unit bullying gobbos
>>
>>54046841
That's a religious thing isn't it?
>>
>>54047055
nah, hindus in different parts of india eat beef. It's autistic Cattleborns that are ruining people's diets.
unlike in the west, beef in india is cheap because the animals are barren cows or older draught animals. The government is taking away cheap sources of protein from people who need it because it is a easy way to gain votes.
>>
I want /pol/ to fuck off back to its containment board
>>
>>54044158
ruberg
>>
>>54044169
>>54044382
No it's not fuck off.
As an artist myself, I wanna be able to draw pure fun stuff for fun's sake, and I know there are lots of people who would like that. I can insert politics when I want, but otherwise I just want apolitical fun. I wish politfags would stop treating creators like disposable propaganda machines.

>>54044446
I don't agree with /pol/fag on most political points, but he's right here. Rightwing fundies demonized the hobby from outside, they were politicians, large media pundits, and concerned moms. Leftwing progressives instead try to influence hobby culture from within. They aren't just media bloggers who complain about stuff from outside anymore. They become company execs who get the rights to popular hobby franchises and change them to their liking.

>Oh waaaah! A faggot on podcast I listened to complained kinkshamed me about my erotic miniatures! Let me go on social media and find people who agree with me on it!
Back then, fundies would shame a nerd for playing with sexy daemonettes – and the nerd could go to the hobby community to find kindred spirits who liked the same shit. It was "shameful" and "sinful" in the outside world, but accepted within the community. Now, lefties who are rooted within the hobby community itself would shame that nerd out of the community itself, ostracizing him. See the difference?
>>
>>54044563
>I'm too poor to afford an army

Don't play 8 then.
>>
>>54048029
That goes for everyone though.
>>
>>54048029
but doesn't using skirmish rules or regiments of renown 100point gameset counteract that anons?
>>
>>54046841
>where is the info from?

WFRP 2e

And dunno, GW forgot about her
>>
>>54048828
what does that have to do with 9th age and their CMs wanting more people to play it?
>>
File: heugenloewd.jpg (588KB, 1160x1608px) Image search: [Google]
heugenloewd.jpg
588KB, 1160x1608px
>2000
>fat-shaming

Ugh! I just can't even
>>
Let's not resurrect this shitty discussion
>>
File: IMG_4226.jpg (107KB, 680x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4226.jpg
107KB, 680x248px
So lets assume that some Goblins exist that are at least somewhat trustworthy, to the extent that mercenaries usually are.

What province would hire them? Would Border Princes?

I got these Goblin Empire minis from the Short Wars Kickstarter you see, and am preparing to paint them.
>>
>>54049955
could just be a deadly kunnin plan at infiltration. perhaps the outfits combined with a shaman of da little waagh in disguise as a grey wizard(aka illusion magic) would be most fitting.
>>
>>54046705
Rules of conduct is quite different to "you can't offend people". Lets say a muslim is playing and I'm eating a ham sandwich because I'm diabetic. Well just offended him so guess I'm out.

>>54048828
The left use all those same tactics you claim the right does, only they do it from inside the group not outside it.

>No extreme politics
That means literally nothing because it's a moving goal post. Today what you would consider moderate is so far left that someone from even 50 years ago would consider you a communist for believing it. Le moderate meme is the worst stance there is because it is entirely defined by how others act around you while you just have to sit on the fence.
>>
>>54049983
Seems like a bit too much explanation, and would not really be possible to get the point across just using models and not telling my opponent my army theme each game.

Greenskins act basically the same in 40k and Fantasy I know, and 40k Orks work as mercs on rare occasion. I just don't know what Empire-styled faction would bribe greenskins to go kill other greenskins or Chaos or undead or whatever.

>>54050027
That's not offensive. Eating like a slob and asking a Muslim if they'd like a bite knowing full well is offensive.
>>
>>54049955
People looking for a laugh. They know the goblins won't do shit but for a few coins and some of the almost worthless looting post battle they can have an extra unit that may kill someone and will undoubtly do something stupid that would raise moral of those around them.

Think of them like post battle entertainment for minimal fee and you have the perfect goblin mercs. They become legendary good luck mercenaries as their fame grows not because they're good but because they accidentally end up some where useful. As they sneak away from the battle they run into a flanking unit no one had seen over the hill or as the battle lines meet the enemies griffon gorges it's self on goblins so hard that it loses it's will to fight since it was just wanting flesh more than combat.

It's goblins dude, have some fun with it.
>>
>>54050027
The fuck are you on about.

Being a moderate means you can compromise with other parties outside of your side of the spectrum rather than just the batshit insane fringe elements of your own party.

Moderates are capable of working with the opposite on bipartisan issues without attack ads showing up all over the TV calling them a blood traitor.
>>
>>54050123
Now you see why you're retarded

YOU are not offended by it, some people are. You can't define what is offensive because it's an emotional concept that you simply cannot prove one way or another. It allows you to bully people simply by stating an open lie which can neither be proven or disproven so must be taken at face value.

Painting your ogres black offends me. It's clearly a racist statement. I demand you're removed because I don't feel included any more with such racism on the table. Oh yea I know your entire army is black and it's themed on the Zulu but black ogres is a racist stereotype so I want you removed.

Completely sound argument, completely within the rules as written and yet you're fine with this because you're a retard.
>>
>>54050126
Sounds about like I was thinking.

What province would be into the entertainment though? Ostland? Considering their Ogre policies they seem liberal enough to try it.
>>
>>54050169
"Compromise"

Literally meaning you don't have any ideals you simply go as the wind blows you. You sound like a 16 year old American kid who doesn't understand shit but wants an opinion on it.
>>
>>54050184
Dude, forum rules for "offensive" mean not being a cunt. That's it. Same no matter where you go.

That rule technically is even here on 4chan.

Nobody will give you the boot because some pisser gets a sad at your ham sandwich. Likewise there's no reason to get your panties knotted because a code of conduct sounds like it'll infringe on your porking.
>>
>>54050265
It's not forum rules retard. It's part of their mission statement. Forum rules no one gives a fuck about, this is something they're pushing beyond the forum.

Please at least try to keep up with the conversation while you act retarded. It would really help to have a discussion if one person didn't have their head up their own arse screaming how the lights are all off.
>>
>>54050261
Compromise is literally how democratic governments based on the American system (so all democracies currectly existing) were built to work.

It was literally part of the mission statement.
>>
>>54050316
You fell for a bad idea and think continuing to follow it is a good thing. Compromise man! No one gets anything they want, nothing works properly and no one really gives a fuck but hey, we compromised so we're the good guys.

I'm going to fuck your mother, she doesn't want it but she can compromise. It's the good thing to do!
>>
>>54050306
You should really open a tab and load up the thesaurus.
Using retard twice is a missed opportunity for a second insult.

At any rate, if you're worried that The 9th Age is a Deep State conspiracy to make nonvoting nerds into liberal Marxists, feel free to not play it. Go play a conservative game like...well...oh well, you'll find one eventually.
>>
>>54050364

>You fell for a bad idea and think continuing to follow it is a good thing. Compromise man! No one gets anything they want, nothing works properly and no one really gives a fuck but hey, we compromised so we're the good guys.

As opposed to 'People butted heads against each other, no one got what they wanted but we didn't give up so we are the good guys'?

Compromise in politics generally works with prioritisation. They give in areas they consider less important to get support in areas they do consider more important.
>>
>>54050123
>Greenskins act basically the same in 40k and Fantasy I know

That's not true though.
>>
>>54050364
I am 90% certain Thomas Jefferson would put his foot so far up your ass that his boot would never see daylight again.
>>
Can we just go back to talking about Fantasy
>>
>>54050492
none wants to talk about non-existing things
>>
So, I'd kinda' like to start a campaign of some sort, but I play daemons and I'm not really sure how I'd factor them into it on account of how finite they are. Things would probably be taking place just in the old world, with maybe wood elves, Empire, and Greenskins, so how would you guys suggest going about assymetrical campaign goals for the factions? More importantly, how do I explain the constant presence of my daemons without pulling a "It's Chaos I ain't gotta' explain shit" or omnipresent cultists that keep summoning them at just the right moment?
>>
>>54050506
How's that Games Workshop job working out for you?
>>
>>54050027
I said no external politics, period.
>>
>>54050508
Once summoned into the world alongside a Greater Daemon, a Daemon army can faff about until defeated.

They actually have to be killed or diminished actively to vanish back into the Warp.

You see it in a TT twin book. A Slaaneshi warhost was mucking about until they tried to invade Asuryan's shrine and they started dissipating from holy energies on the site. Then Tyrion beheaded N'kari and the rest fizzled away wih him since he wasn't keeping them stable anymore.

This isn't 40k, Daemons don't need sacrifices and stabilizing Warpstuff to appear. In places with lots of magic they can simply walk into the mortal world, or are born as Godless Daemons.
>>
>>54050464
>Liberal nerd tries to threaten people with corpses
>>
File: IMG_4019.png (706KB, 900x1184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4019.png
706KB, 900x1184px
Greenpill me on the Bad Moon.

Is it a god?
>>
>>54050691
>Is it a god?
no it's a moon
>>
>>54050604
>A Slaaneshi warhost was mucking about until they tried to invade Asuryan's shrine and they started dissipating from holy energies on the site. Then Tyrion beheaded N'kari and the rest fizzled away wih him since he wasn't keeping them stable anymore.
I remember that from the 8th ed Daemons book, but I thought it had to do with the winds of magic going apeshit which is why they could even make their way into the mortal realm in the first place.

I haven't actually read the last 40k Daemon's codex, so I was going off fantasy desu.
>>
>>54037431
Anyone have a working 3e trove? The one in the pastebin is busted.
>>
>>54050506
Why dont you kill yourself and your age of anus schilling.
>>
>>54050316

> All democracies currently existing are based on the American system.

I'm not sure why you would think that, most democracies are based on the British parliamentary bicameral system.
>>
>>54051181

I have all the 3rd edition stuff but it's too big to post.

I may end up putting all the fantasy stuff on a new mega so we're independent from the 40K one but this will probably take a while.
>>
>>54051422
probably an American
>>
>>54051482

Well I didn't want to derail the thread again but I couldn't let that one stand.
>>
>>54049955
>What province would hire them? Would Border Princes?
It's kind of hardlybelievable.
But IMO (or just my headcanon):
1) Border princes
2) Stirland (near border with Sylvania)
3) Desperate sylvanian village
4) Ostermark
>>
Running a chaos campaign for WFRP 2e, anyone have any anecdotes between running it with players starting as empire chaos cultists or norscans?

I can't quite decide which I want to go with
>>
>>54049955
If TWW is anything to go by, Karl Franz himself.

After all he paid Azhag in my current run 2000 gold to krump Archaon and Mannfred for him.
>>
>>54051457
Please do, I would very much like to run a 3e game.
>>
File: 1480719876298.png (2MB, 1420x879px) Image search: [Google]
1480719876298.png
2MB, 1420x879px
>>54052286
>KFC
>Gobbos
>>
>>54052194
Norsca itself is interesting and ripe for adventure, so running with Norscans lets you show off that rarely-seen part of the world and even do, say, conflicts with Kurgan before eventually raiding the Empire proper.
>>
>>54044611
whataboutery
>>
>>54048029
or, even better, don't buy GW models.

There are countless lines of miniatures out there.
Open your mind to different option and you might enjoy the hobby more :)
>>
>>54043450
>understands that it's rude to call a black person a nigger while gaming with them
>doesn't understand why it's rude to "factually point out" that their opponent is a man

Also...
>piling on the retarded stereotypes of "xir", lazy crossdresser appearance, and "following little girls into the bathroom"
It's like you're literally trying to cram as much stupidity in one sentence as you possibly can.
We have a tranny at my local GW store, he basically looks like a teenage boy with tits. And ya wanna know how many problems we've had? 0. Probably because we don't have any easily triggered faggots like you running around the place.
>>
>>54052687
>buying alternative models
>better than not playing the worst edition of Warhammer
>>
>>54048828
How do you "not tolerate" politics that have already taken root inside the hobby?

When a nerd was shamed by rightwing fundies, he could find support within his hobby group. But when a nerd is shamed by lefties, where can he find support if they're already inside his hobby group? He'd be ostracized and left with nowhere to go for support.

Fundies shamed and attacked the hobby as a whole, but that also made the nerds inside the hobby band together and support each other. Lefties instead co-opt the hobby and instill their idea through it, and those who don't fit are pushed out of the hobby.

>>54050027
>The left use all those same tactics you claim the right does, only they do it from inside the group not outside it.
Yes, and that's the key difference.
>>
File: kPIQiJ3.jpg (270KB, 1280x923px) Image search: [Google]
kPIQiJ3.jpg
270KB, 1280x923px
>>
>>54037431
8th edition, empire army, should I get 1 unit of handgunners with Hochland long rifle and a unit of spearmen, or get a unit of crossbow and a unit of halberders with shields?
>>
>>54053505
Maybe find a different fucking hobby group and stop blaming politics for That Guys.
>>
>>54054285
If the hobby gets coopted by politicized people who attract politicized That Guys into the hobby, it's kinda hard not to blame politics for That Guys.
>>
>>54054967
Then maybe draw non-shit people into the hobby and tell them you're out if they discuss politics.

The solution to politics is to not talk politics and ostracize people who do.

Why the fuck are we even discussing this shit, it was all started by some guy who knew nothing of Warhammer bitching about meta nonsense.
>>
Bump. I have Warhammer Quest ACG, played it once, and I hate it.
>thats not the warhammer this general is about anon
GOOD
>>
File: MTWH.jpg (56KB, 328x499px) Image search: [Google]
MTWH.jpg
56KB, 328x499px
Which WHF BL novels would /tg/ recommend? I only ever read some of the Mathias Thulmann books years and years ago. Any good Empire military-focused or grand adventure type stuff?
>>
>>54055164
Sounds like you haven't had a group split in half and go to shit because one side was offended by tiddy and felt entitled to demand anything tiddy-like to be banned, and the other side doubled down in a display of dorf-like stubbornness. Disclaimer: It wasn't WF, but it still was /tg/ Before, it was a matter of talking things out and finding a compromise. But this recent political wave has encouraged a climate where people of certain ideological leanings feel entitled to have everyone else bow down to their views and sensibilities because they're on the right side of history or some shit, instead of living and letting live, or trying to find a common ground. Kinda hard to ostracize politics when politics have the power to ostracize you.

The original guy was a /pol/fag, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.
>>
>>54056141
If it isn't Blood Bowl, AoS, or 40k its for this thread.

We used to share BB, but they have their own threads due to interest now. Maybe WFRP will have their own once 4e comes out.
>>
>>54056160
[Obligatory Gotrek & Felix rec]
>>
>>54056160
Brunner the Bounty Hunter

Gotrek & Felix - only stuff by William King and Nathan Long

Genevieve - only Drachenfels and Beasts in Velvet

Malus Darkblade, all of it.

Ulrika vampire books - the first two only, the third if you're a masochist.
>>
File: RoosterAndKettle.png (116KB, 332x202px) Image search: [Google]
RoosterAndKettle.png
116KB, 332x202px
>>
File: IMG_4276.jpg (84KB, 524x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4276.jpg
84KB, 524x733px
We need these lads in TWW.
>>
File: 1473054179238.png (1004KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473054179238.png
1004KB, 900x800px
>he doesn't tear up watching the trailer for Vermintide Schusselschlosse
>he doesn't feel the indomitable spirit of man roaring in the face of the horrors of the Old World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QS_JhiGzJw
>>
>>54053212
>Having to lie to someone because they're mentally ill isn't a problem for us.
Could you be more cancerous?

>>54054285
Except hit like this didn't become a problem until the left started making nerd hobbies political. Previously most nerds were libertarian/apolitical. If it was cool then that was all it took to be accepted. Didn't matter what you were outside the game as long as you played by the rules within the game.

Now that tolerance has been used to warp and destroy the hobby where we now see staff members demanding more diversity and less white men. Strange how the problem might not be the original userbase, but might be these newer people who brought their shit with them into the hobby.

It's not about "That Guy", they always exist and always have. We've dealt with them just fine. The problem is the SJWs who want to co opt the industry and turn it into a propaganda machine while forcing the original user base out. Which you clearly support.

I mean fuck people who spent time, money, blood and sweat to build this hobby. They don't deserve anything because muh trannies and muh niggers MUST be included in something they never built, never cared for and will soon abandon for a new crusade just like they always do.
>>
>>54058977
>muh trannies
Never asked to be included. Magic included them because its MtG, its pandering college student shit.
>muh niggers
There's literally none in Warhammer.
Just kebab.

I think you're generalizing your complaints about society.

Unless you can cite actual circumstances of this, I call bullshit bitching.
>>
>>54059475
Did you read the start of the conversation which was addressing 9th age inclusion policy and stated goals or did you just jump in here?
>>
File: 1493021975059.jpg (114KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493021975059.jpg
114KB, 600x450px
>>54058673
>tfw literally cried when I saw the Total Warhammer trailer when it came out
no joke
>>
>>54059475
can you two fuck off to pol already
>>
>>54059880
can you fuck off to co already
>>
Anyone got that old skinks killing a greater demon with rocks meme saved? I need it for a friend.
>>
>>54058476
Thing I don't get is what they're doing with all the guns that the nobility refuses and the peasantry can't afford. Cannons at least could be used on ships.
>>
>>54060621
>SCREAMING

>WITH ROCKS
>>
>>54060730
YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! WHERE IS IT?
>>
File: 1438592266272.png (5MB, 1472x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1438592266272.png
5MB, 1472x1716px
>>54060621
>>
>>54061076
YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN
>>
>>54059475
>muh niggers
>There's literally none in Warhammer.

Bitch, have you ever been to the Southlands?

>>54058977
>muh trannies

Did you just hate 'Beasts in Velvet'?

>>54056323
>goodtastes.jpeg

I'd also add Stories from the Old World.

>>54052194
I was in a campaign playing as Norscan cultists. Gimme a minute and I'll see if I can drag that shit up.
>>
>>54061548
>>54052194

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Damnation_And_The_Glory

Jesus. I don't know why he posted this, or why it's fucking survived the nearly seven or so years since we'd played this, but for what it's worth I hope it helps.
>>
>>54061548
Only reason I didn't add it is I've never read it, I'll check it out.
>>
>>54061795
It's a collection of some of the better Warhammer short stories, if you enjoyed the early Gotrek and Felix stuff you should enjoy it.
>>
File: total-war-emperors-armies-flat.jpg (120KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
total-war-emperors-armies-flat.jpg
120KB, 650x823px
>>54061972

Check out this omnibus as well!
>>
File: 1419485290684.jpg (586KB, 838x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1419485290684.jpg
586KB, 838x1056px
Anyone in the NJ area, looking for Warhammer Fantasy 8th/9th Edition gaming?
>>
>>54062062
I'll admit, I'd been avoiding Warhammer novels ever since Mark of Chaos, but I'll take a crack at this.
>>
File: CC3pKnA.jpg (215KB, 1280x944px) Image search: [Google]
CC3pKnA.jpg
215KB, 1280x944px
>>
>>54058673
>>54059858

this one takes the cake anons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9fJzfRSVxA
>>
>>54063587
>you will never go back
>>
>>54063587
Fuck me, W:AoR was a massive disappointment.
>>
>>54062163

According to the 9A game finder there are people in Galloway, Jackson and Philadelphia.
>>
>>54058673

That trailer made my fucking balls shrivel up into my arsehole when I saw it.

Vermintide is a good game but that trailer looks like edgelord 9000 material.
>>
>>54059858
My favorite is still the Beastmen trailer for starting with a group of humans and showing them getting overwhelmed, creating a real sense of tension and drama. Most of the others are unfortunately just 'here is the faction being cool,' especially Bretonnia.
>>
>>54063727
I really really hate the Vampire Counts trailer myself. It's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>54054065
Regarding handgunners, are there any circumstances that a standard bearer are a good idea?
>>
File: 1491697137606.jpg (333KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1491697137606.jpg
333KB, 800x585px
>>54054065
>>54063820

Crossbows are pretty much always better than handguns in 8E, which is sad since blackpowder is kind of the Empire's thing.

Spears vs. halberds is a more personal choice but I prefer halberds.

Nah you don't want anything on an Empire ranged unit except a musician so you can quickly change direction for shooting.
>>
>>54063888
archers make amazing and cheap redirector detachments I've gotta add, but you don't take them to kill stuff at range.
>>
>>54064093
also great blockers as they are skirmishers so -1 to hit at range, protect that block of troops; Just watch out for panic and you are good to go
>>
>>54063888
Since I'm playing 9th age I will use them with a master engineer to give them +6" range and a cannon on the side to give them a better chance to hit
>>
>>54064323
Don't forget to use the correct pronouns and make sure never to offend your opponent goy!
>>
>>54064435
>>
File: Silver_helms.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_helms.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
Why do the Bretonnians seem to have so little interaction with the High Elves? I know that the joke about them larping about as Silver Helms was just that, a joke, but it does make me wonder why such a connection is drawn between the Wood Elves and the Bretonnians when the Wood Elves are almost nothing like the Bretonnians, and why the High Elves seem to have almost little to no interaction with them despite their societies being somewhat similar - they each consider their lands to be blessed and their respective nations to be bastions of all that is good, they have a powerful magician-queen that speaks for their most prominent female deity (though that is also true of Ariel), the nobles take pride in martial service and the commoners are conscripted for the sake of duty.
>>
>>54064574
Because wood elves live closer.
>>
>>54064574
Wood elves live next to Bretonia and while dumb wannabe knights may piss them off when a big bad comes along they join ranks and fight it off together. High elves are too busy jerking off on their own island
>>
File: krell.jpg (89KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
krell.jpg
89KB, 400x603px
>>54039408
>tfw you will never be a skeleton guard at a Lahmian blood orgy
>ywn watch longingly as your mistress partakes in all the sensual delights that undeath has to offer
>ywn dimly remember when you were her favorite, the stirring in your heart when she told you you would serve her eternally
>then she stripped the flesh from your bones and caged your soul within that skeletal husk, making you a macabre mockery of the proud warrior you once were

Why even live?
>>
>>54037431

What do people think about hard-balancing 1000pt games for 8th edition?

Because GW point values are inherently skewed (I'm looking at you Demigryphs), I think each army could be given different points values to play with - it makes it more fitting from a narrative perspective as well. (So a difficult army to play like Beastmen might get <1500 points to work with, versus Empire's 1000pts)

It'd be something like:

Empire 1000pts
Chaos 1050pts
Orcs and Goblins 1000pts
Elves 1100pts (thoughts?)
VC/UnL 1250pts equivalent
TK: 1500pts
Beastmen 1500

And so on. Can anyone think of good points values for the other factions?

Just an idea though. Fun!

Also can't believe how much Demigryphs and Steam Tanks screw up balance in 8th edition low points games. Why take Greatswords when Demis do it so much better? 1+ armour is suffering.

Possible Solution: if there was MKB (monstrous killing blow - not HKB) to take out monstrous infantry the game would be a lot more balanced.
>>
>>54064701
well as with all things you are free to try it with your friends , imo anon with demis you are still putting a bajillion points into something that will die to a humble cannon or lucky magics. so I think it's not as unbalanced as you'd think.

could you not also counter them and stanks with a good cheap tarpit unit?
>>
>>54064700
>all these bone(r)s and yet I cannot cum
>>
>>54064700
t. definitely von cuckstein
>>
>>54064963

agree, however at lower point levels certain factions don't have access to lucky magics or cannon equivalents.

agree with the stank solving, but the issue is more to do with demigryphs... strength 6 equivalent with +1 armour save and 4 attacks each, for (roughly) four points a model?

Meanwhile Empire gets to have 2 helblasters/or cannon and 2 units of demigryph at 1000pt. one of each is fine, sure, but two of the things makes it ez mode surely?
>>
>>54065915
yeesh, *fifty four*
>>
Any WFRP players in the thread?
>>
>>54064700
>tfw you will never be a skeleton
>>
>>54066151
About to have my first session at some point. From all the random traits my DM had me roll up, I'm apparently gonna be an old Wood Elf who hates merchants and beastmen with a passion, and has a John Wick puppy.
>>
>>54066597
I'm also about to start off with WFRP in the next week or two

Haven't done any pen and paper stuff before so it should be fun
>>
>>54045260
anubis and osiris?
>>
>>54065915
You could try playing with the Finnish border patrol rules (http://www.nopat.fi/2012/fantasia-ja-scifi-pelit/border-patrol-living-rulebook/). I'll translate the article here.

General rules
-1200 points per side.
-48'' x 48'' tables.
-Open lists.
-No End Times shit.
-ETC FAQs are in effect unless they contradict these rules.

Magic
-No more than 5 dice can be used per spell. For Shadow and Death it's 4 dice.
-Only one exra magic or dispel die per magic phase, plus channeling.
-No lores can be duplicated, except for some armies (more about that later).
-The general and one wizard get LOS against spells that affect the entire unit, like Dwellers Below.
-No wizard can have more than two spells. All spells are generated randomly.

Shooting and war machines
-No more than 30 models who can shoot at 20'' or farther with S3 or stronger. No more than 40 shots per shooting phase for those. War machines, chariot crews and heroes don't count for this.
-No more than 2 war machines.

Heroes and champions
-No Lord-level characters.
-25% of points can be spent on Heroes. (duh)
-No Special Characters.
-No more than 2 of the same Hero type.
-Heroes can have at maximum 25 points worth of magic items, marks, runes, gifts, powers and so forth. This includes a BSB's magic standard. Other options, including magic level upgrades, don't count for this.
-Mounts and other non-magic item options can't cost more than 50 points.
>>
Units
-Min 25% core, max 50% special, max 25% rare. (again, duh)
-No non-character model can cost more than 140 points, including war machines, monsters and handlers, chariots and unique units.
-At least 2 core units and no more than 2 units of the same type.
-Units can't have more than 30 models or cost more than 300 points.
-Monstrous Infantry units can't have more than 6 models.
-Monstrous Beasts units can't have more than 4 models.
-Monstrous Cavalry units can't have more than 3 models.
-No more than 10 wounds worth of 1+ armour saves per army, or alternatively more can be taken but they count as 2+ saves.
-No more than 2 flying units that can march per army, including heroes.
-Magic standards, runes etc. can't cost more than 25 points.
-No more than 1 unit of multiple chariots or 2 separate chariots.
-Special and rare units can't be duplicated.
>>
Army specific modifications
Beastmen: One Hero can take 50 points worth of magic items.
Daemons of Chaos: No Skull Cannon. Only 2 Tzeentch spells allowed in the army, either through Horrors or Heralds. No more than 3 Beasts of Nurgle.
Dwarfs: Master Engineer's BS can't be used with an Organ Gun. 2 Bolt Throwers without Runes count as 1 war machine choice.
Empire: Master Engineer's BS can't be used with the Helblaster.
Dark Elves: No more than 5 Doomfire Warlocks per unit. Doom Bolt does 2d3 hits.
Orcs & Goblins: No more than 2 Fanatics per unit, no more than 4 Fanatics per army. 2 Bolt Throwers count as one war machine choice. An all-Goblin army can have a second Goblin wizard who uses Lore of Fire. Night Goblins can take Netters and they count for the unit's maximum points value.
Skaven: Can substitute 1 war machine choice with 2 weapon teams that must be different. One Hero can take 50 points worth of magic items.
Tomb Kings: 2 Wizards can have Lore of Nehekhara.
Vampire Counts: No more than 1 Ethereal unit/Hero and it can't cost more than 150 points. 2 Wizards can have Lore of Vampires. No Vampiric Powers can be duplicated.
Warriors of Chaos: Dark Apotheosis is always Divine Greatness.
Wood Elves: No more than 8 Waywatchers.

Extra army builds
Infantry Bretonnia: No mandatory Knights of the Realm and Heroes have Vow of Empathy for free. Only mounts allowed are Pegasi and one unit of Mounted Yeomen.
Slayers: 2 units of 20 Slayers at maximum are allowed as core choices, a Dragonslayer must be taken with each. A third Slayer unit of 20 models at maximum is allowed as a special choice but it must be taken with a Dragonslayer as well, circumventing the restriction on taking multiple heroes of the same type. Only 1 war machine or 1 Gyrocopter is allowed.
>>
i read a lot of people hating on call of the beatmen dlc, why? Is it just overpriced or is it straight bad?
>>
>>54067259
i really really dislike your approach, try and enhance the balance instead of putting arbitrary limits.
>No more than 30 models who can shoot at 20'' or farther with S3 or stronger. No more than 40 shots per shooting phase for those
this in particular, why? Especially for wood elves, but also in general this is just stupid.
>>
Line of Sight (Simple Line of Sight ) [copypasted]
Blocking: Hills, Buildings and impassable terrain. These block Line of Sight, even to other blocking terrain (You can’t see through it)
Non-Blocking: Rivers, marches and swarms.
Interfering: All other terrain and units. Does not block Line of Sight (You can see through them/it)
If you shoot through interfering units or terrain there is a -2 to hit penalty, only -1 for woods (never cumulative).
If shooting at a large target, units in buildings or on hills there are no to hit modifiers for interfering or non-blocking terrain or units, unless it is an interfering wood.
When such a unit is doing the shooting there are no to hit penalties for interfering or non-blocking units or terrain, other than interfering woods.

Tournament scoring and scenarios
Tokens / Objectives / Table quarters
Only units that cost at least 75 points can hold an objective or a table quarter. Any unit can contest. An unit can only hold or contest one thing, so not both an objective and a table quarter. Fleeing units can't hold nor contest. A lone Hero can contest only if it left its unit during the previous player turn or earlier. A lone hero can never hold objectives, even if mounted. Scoring generally:

-A unit, Hero or monster reduced to half of its original wounds is worth half of its original points cost.
-Units fleeing at the end of the game are worth their full points cost.
-A slain general or BSB is worth 50 points. Stolen standards are worth 25 points.
-A living general at the end of the game is worth one tournament point. This can't take the player above the maximum tournament points limit for the turn.
-Tournament points per turn max 12 : 6 +/- 1 for the difference of every 100 Victory points. Some scenarions have their own scoring.
>>
Scenario 1
Background: Armies fight for weapons / magical wells / food / whatever left in the middle of an abandoned battlefield.
Board: 48’’ x 48’’. 2 objectives are placed on the center line of the board, 12'' from the central point.
Deployment : Alternating
Special scoring: Each table quarter is worth 50 points. Objectives are worth 100 points each.

Scenario 2
Background: Nothing.
Board: 48’’ * 48’’. One objective in the middle of the board, one objective in both deployment zones. An objective has a 4'' radius. The objectives have to be entirely in the deployment zone. The player who gets to place the first objective is decided randomly.
Deployment : Alternating
Special scoring:

-Each held objective is worth 2 game points.
-The player who has more units in the opponent's deployment zone at the end of the game gets 1 game point (fleeing units count as destroyed).
-A living, non-fleeing general and BSB at the end of the game are worth 1 game point each.
-The player who destroyed more of the opponent's units gets 1 game point (fleeing units count as destroyed).
-The player who has more units on the board at the end of the game gets 1 game point.

Game points are converted into tournament points like this:

Difference of 0 points: 6 – 6
Difference of 1 – 2 points: 7 – 5
Difference of 3 points: 8 – 4
Difference of 4 points: 9 – 3
Difference of 5 points: 10 – 2
Difference of 6 points: 11 – 1
Difference of 7+ points: 12 – 0
>>
Rules for unit advancements in campaigns:
After a game a single surviving unit receives veteran status. Veteran choices can't be duplicated in the army, nor can 1 unit have 2 choices. Veteran choices must be chosen immediately after the game before finding out who your next opponent is. If a unit is destroyed, it loses its veteran status.
Stubborn (Infantry and Monstrous Infantry only): The unit is Stubborn with a maximum ld of 7, which can't be improved in any way. One use only.
Bloody Butchers (Infantry and Monstrous Infantry only): The unit has Killing Blow during the first round of combat when the unit charges. Riders of Hell (Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry and Monstrous Beasts only): The unit has Quite Devastating Charge once per game, declare its use before measuring charge distance. Quite Devastating Charge is like Devastating Charge, but gives the unit a maximum of 3 extra attacks in total.
Mythical Monster (Monster or Monstrous Beast only): +1A and +1W.
Favoured of the Gods: The unit has Magic Resistance 1.
Hard to Kill (Hero) : +1W.
Cutthroats (Fast Cavalry and Skirmish Infantry only): The unit has Ambushers.
Doom Device (War Machine only): The war machine may reroll a result on the misfire table once per game.
Steel claws: The unit has Armour Piercing. Favoured by Fate: 6+ ward Save (does not stack with other ward saves).
Defensive Lock (Infantry): When receiving a charge, during the first round of combat the unit gets a maximum of 3 extra attacks from an additional rank.
>>
>>54067350
Gunlines kinda suck and you have to limit shooting if you want to play with free measuring.
>>
I forgot to add that the sixth spell in any lore has to be rerolled. At some point Wood Elves were apparenly allowed 10 extra shooters that couldn't be core core, at the expense of being able to take treekin.
>>
>>54067280
people expected it to be WoC tier cheap.
It came tied with a mini campaign no one really wanted.
>>
what's everyone's favourite fantasy rank and file model?

it has to be the corsairs for me, I love how dynamic they look while still able to fit in formation. Their cloaks are gorgeous too.
>>
>>54069755
A horde of Men at arms always does the trick for me
>>
>>54064700

Why does Krell look so ripped in that art?
>>
>>54043450
This
>>
File: 1493665091578.jpg (181KB, 563x821px) Image search: [Google]
1493665091578.jpg
181KB, 563x821px
>>54044382
Look at my politics! See how inherently political this is!
>>
>>54071749
>all workers are fucking white males
This picture is why we still need feminism
>>
>>54043921

What is this? A breakfast club for ants?
>>
>>54071749
Capitalist slaves standing on their masters property in 2017
>>
>>54061076
I'm not too sure I get it.

Is it because they defeated a deamon with rocks and the daemon run away screaming?
Serious question.
>>
File: Nurgle Acolyte1.jpg (36KB, 382x679px) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle Acolyte1.jpg
36KB, 382x679px
>>54037849
Bumping my own post since I wanted to ask if anyone know any lore/fluff regarding these red little acolytes in the original picture I posted.

In anyone's interested here's my first wip-interpretation of one of them.
>>
>>54063888
is this true of the empire only or are crossbow also better in a dwarf army (8th edition)?
>>
>>54072549

This is generally true for both of them, the extra range of the crossbow means an extra shot which will do more damage than one volley of handguns even with the armour modifier.

I think Dwarfs have a slight edge though since their quarrellers can be quite good in melee when given a great weapon so they may be able to skirt the firing range of the handgun better than an Empire unit.
>>
>>54072549
>>54073102

Actually scrap that, thunderers can't take great weapons like quarrellers can, which in my mind definitely makes them worse.

I think handguns still have a place though, against heavily armoured armies like WoC they can be good as a detachment to stand and shoot for the parent unit.
>>
>>54072549
>>54073102
>>54073152

What the 2nd anon said it's generally true BUT if you're not playing strictly competitive I feel like there isn't such a huge difference between the two so much so that for me it makes them a matter of personal preference.

I do like both and often field a mix of options. The extra range of the crossbow is nice, especially on larger boards and the armour piercing bonus imo isn't that much of a gain.

I just love the idea of dwarfs shooting rifles

But generally speaking non WM shooting rarely makes any true difference in a game
>>
>>54073252

Yeah I wish handguns were better, what they should have done was made them both the same range and made crossbows fire an extra shot so it became a dichotomy of killing lots of weak enemies with crossbows or a few well armoured enemies with handguns. Not accurate of how the weapons worked but it would have made the game better.
>>
>>54073152
Good Dwarf players use Quarrelers and Thunderers.

Gav Thorpe described Dwarf tactics as a bear trap. You use your ranged that way.
Quarrelers with GW are center with your artillery behind them. Thunderers are to their sides, and your melee split behind them.
>>
File: IMG_4287.jpg (71KB, 715x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4287.jpg
71KB, 715x394px
>>54069755
Night Gobbos.
>>
>>54073467
I love 5k+ points games
>>
>>54070975
He drank his milk.
>>
>>54072538
kewl
>>
>>54073549
I like those nightly gobbos aswell!
>>
File: chaos-warriors-group4.jpg (259KB, 1704x1002px) Image search: [Google]
chaos-warriors-group4.jpg
259KB, 1704x1002px
>>54069755
Kinda hard to say desu. If conversions count then I just gotta have to go with Warriors of Chaos due to the amazing variation that can be accomplished with and within the same unit-type.

If we're not counting conversions then I have to with Empire Greatswords since I just love me some Landsknechts.
>>
https://discord.gg/JA4P7U

Wargaming Discord, lads. We've got AoS, Fantasy, 30k, 40k, you name it. We look forward to your joining.
>>
>>54074716
>AoS
Nope.
Sorry.

Good luck with it, but I can't support anything that supports that travesty.
>>
>>54074810
Whatever works for you, man.
>>
>>54038668
the levels of misunderstanding here are so ridiculous
>>54038735
im sorry for you
>>
>>54074716
Invite no longer works.
>>
>>54075409
https://discord.gg/JA4P7U
Try it again.
>>
>>54075439
Still doesn't work. Brand new account so can't be banned there. You're fucking it up some how.
>>
>>54075498
he isnt i just joined a minute ago
>>
>Empire has ogre, dwarf, elf, and halfling citizens
>never made it into their army list
Gay.
>>
>>54058502
Is that pinky and the brain from the mmo?
>>
>>54075946
Yep.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Grumlok_and_Gazbag
>>
>>54075439
Still not working for me. Try making a new link
>>
>>54076010
Neat. Never saw the model before.
God I remember being so hyped about that game. So much good stuff in it too, just too bad it must have been coded by skaven.
>>
>>54076087
You ever see the tie-in comic?
I may dump it next thread.
>>
>>54075817
>never

But they did before the 6th edition.
>>
>>54076074
>>54075498
I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I'm just copying the link and posting it. Try this one:
https://discord.gg/7XnYjHc
>>
>>54076700
>https://discord.gg/7XnYjHc
Still not working and considering it's a brand new account I've hardly even posted on I have no clue why. Got a name I can message you on and get an invite that way?
>>
Page 10 and no new thread?
I guess you guys finally saw the light and decided to play age of sigmar like a reasonable adult with the rest of us.
>>
>>54076788

Incoming.
>>
>>54076788
We don't frontpage spam.

Responsible generals wait for 10 or 404.
>>
Fresh bread.

>>54076863
>>54076863
>>54076863
>>
>>54076859

A Fantasy player is never late nor is he early, he makes a new thread exactly when he means to.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.