[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 26

File: gg.jpg (234KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
234KB, 1000x1500px
Previous thread: >>53990355
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/all-kindsa-drakulas-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Has a game just not meshed well with you?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: 1495985446192.jpg (98KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495985446192.jpg
98KB, 700x700px
>Has a game just not meshed well with you?

Demon. I just don't like this whole christian shtick.

Anyways i am continuing to plan my Masquerade chronic in cologne. What sessions do my fellow fa/tg/uys plan ?
>>
File: 1427550171995.jpg (919KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1427550171995.jpg
919KB, 848x1200px
>>54001864
Yeah, Mage games usually never sit well with me, whether they're the Awakening or the Ascension. The only game that I actually enjoyed was Dark Ages.
>>
>>54001864

I've played a couple campaigns of all the splats in CofD (except Beast because you know) and the ones I didn't enjoy were Vampire and Mummy. The rest have their own quirks and I appreciate them for what they are.

Vampire to me felt kind of tedious. I get up. I drink blood. We squabble. I go to bed.

And the 'ending' to every Mummy game I've played has always been disappointing.

To be honest I've never played anything from owod the scene just doesn't exist in my neck of the woods.
>>
>>54002088
fag
>>
>>54002257
fag?
>>
File: changelingsuperiorrace.png (319KB, 370x655px) Image search: [Google]
changelingsuperiorrace.png
319KB, 370x655px
reply to the reply
vampires aren't worth listing anymore
>>
>>54002272
faggot
>>
>>54002341
Not him, but I'm the same way, and it actually kind of is that, but not for the reason you think. I find it difficult to get invested in the cosmic-level plots that Mage games eventually have to advance to. I enjoy the bits immediately after Awakening, where it's still kind of a street-level game, but after a while it gets really nebulous and I just lose interest.
>>
File: Fagottini.jpg (84KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Fagottini.jpg
84KB, 700x700px
>>54002088
>>54002257
>>54002272
>>54002345
>>
>>54002345
la la homo man,
>>
>>54002341
>>54002383
>>54002435

>wanting to play a game about vampire mafia intrigues

>noooo you have to include mages so that i can tell how the mages would destroy all your stories with their glorious spheres

>wanting to play a game about vamps but some magefag on 4chan says i have to include mages

>now my game is mostly about some autists running around and blabbering about the consensus

Ok.
>>
>>54001864
Changeling is something I would like to get into but something does not sit right. I might be missing something
>>
>>54002341
The games are generally boring, unimaginative, and both splats turn what are usually quality and respectable roleplayers into twats.
>>
>Invictus > Circle of the crone > Ordo Dracul > Carthian > Lancea Sanctum
>>
>>54002642
Ordo Dracul>Invictus>unwashed masses
>>
>>54001864

Beast, ODemon, either version of Mummy. And to a lesser extent NWerewolf.

NWerewolf is meh, but I can get into it with the right concepts. Bone Shadow spoopbuster here I come.

ODemon leaned too hard on Abrahamic Mythology when every game line that wasn't Vampire made it pretty clear that wasn't how the universe worked.

Beast, well we all know what's wrong with Beast. No self awareness at all on the devs or writers.

OMummy - I have less guidance for what i'm supposed to do with this than Geist or Beast had. And I have to set my games in the middle east rather than locally.

NMummy - Cool Idea but it gets old real fast. Also, the backstory and mood step on Mage's toes way too much.

>>53999524

As the initial poster, I'll say it seemed to me that the Reckoning/ToJ plot came on before everyone was expecting it and some people got surprised. Given just how much stuff never materialized including half the guildbooks for Wraith - It was just "welp, we're pulling the plug, let's roll out the secret behind the Mnemoi, ferrymen, and everything else."

>>53998007

We're staying out of this particular paradox backlash.
>>
Can someone explain to me Old Mummy. I have rudimentary knowledge of classic wod but little to no idea how this fits in.
>>
>>54002642

Placing circle anywhere but dead last.

Come on senpai.
>>
>>54002920
>Implying the Circle is worse then the Carthians
>>
>>54003029
>>54002920
Lets face it only Ordo and Invictus are based.

I don't know if I dislike crones more then lancea thou
>>
>>54003067
Is the circle of the crone the one that's like a creepy pseudo-wiccan cult of radical feminists?
>>
>>54003122
In second ed that might be true. I mostly followed 1ed fluff for them and second ed rules
>>
>>54003122
Have you played Bloodborne? It's basically Hemwick villagers.
>>
File: praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg (138KB, 735x1088px) Image search: [Google]
praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg
138KB, 735x1088px
PRAISE THE SUN
>>
>>54003173
It's a damn good sun.
>>
>>54003122
>Is the circle of the crone the one that's like a creepy pseudo-wiccan cult of radical feminists?

Yes, although the portrayal is a little more "inclusive" in Requiem 2e.
>>
>>54002672
>Ordo Dracul>Invictus>unwashed masses

Seers>Ordo Dracul>Invictus>unwashed sleeper masses

>Undead or alive, you haven't made it until you've snorted magic cocaine off the ass of a vampire stripper
>>
anyone got a sneaky pdf of the new Thousand Years of Night splat yet?
>>
File: Seer Art.jpg (129KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
Seer Art.jpg
129KB, 690x461px
>>54003634

The Seer art in Mage 2e does have a quasi-Catholic Lacea et Sanctum vibe.
>>
>>54001864
old Changeling was some crazy shit that didn't knew what it wanted to be.
>>
>>54003662
>anyone got a sneaky pdf of the new Thousand Years of Night splat yet?

ATYoN has been posted on the last few threads.

Here you go (but prepare for some disappointment):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2q4c7g
>>
>>54003122
yes, with gender roles that anyone can can assume
>>
>>54003634
Praetorian>Panopticon>Ordo>Invictus>Hegemonic>unwashed supernatural masses>Paternoster>unwashed sleeper masses

>even your exarch doesn't want to talk to you
>>
>>54003677

OChangeling was about growing old in fandom, and how many people either drift out or go all in.

It took me a decade to figure that out, and only now do I appreciate it.
>>
>>54003698
>yes, with gender roles that anyone can can assume

Circle of the Gender Non-Binary, Senior Experienced, Beautiful In Their Own Way, Person ???
>>
>>54003731
>even your exarch doesn't want to talk to you

I believe the Father has Prelates with whom converses, but the Minister appears to be out of favor.

Don't worry, some ambitious underling will soon assassinate him, err... he'll have an "accident," and all will be good in the Ministry.

>Bless you child, and where might I find the hookers and blow...?
>>
>>54003760
Fucking hell, someone find an Obrimos.
>>
>>54003760
>Circle of the Gender Non-Binary, Senior Experienced, Beautiful In Their Own Way, Person

The Crone is not amused
>>
>>54003666
I'd say it's more like a hellfire club turned up to 11.
>>
>>54003697
Eh, he'll only be disappointed expecting it to be the Imperial Mysteries of Requiem. For an Elder book, it's good. Not anything new for those of us who are old Masquerade hats with the elder stuff written therein, but still good.
>>
>>54003157
They want my eyes?
>>
>>54003826
>Fucking hell, someone find an Obrimos.

So many leeches, and so few Obrimos...

>Don't forget about Moros

>>54003873
>I'd say it's more like a hellfire club turned up to 11.

Every time I see the art, I recall the movie Eyes Wide Shut

>Ugh... and I also remember Tom Cruise Lestat
>>
>>54003892
Sure. Other parts too

>>54003891
Well antagonist section is kinda bad. Also you probably have to make adjustments to the way you create playable elders

>>54003821
Still looks kinda bad. Hegemonic has fallen on hard times but at least Unity does not troll his go to guy
>>
>>54003760
Don't give OPP any ideas, Anon.
>>
>>54002605
I still think the best games of Mage are the ones that run the system in a different setting. There's nothing inherently wrong with the concept, and there's nothing unplayably wrong with the execution, but the biggest Flaw for Mage games IMHO has always been the World of Darkness setting.

Personally I think Mage and Scion should belong to the same line together.
>>
>>54003891
>Eh, he'll only be disappointed expecting it to be the Imperial Mysteries of Requiem.

ATYoN is not terrible, simply lackluster. There's nothing really fundamentally different between regular vampires and methuselahs, no less elders.

I also prefer much more crunch in my sourcebooks. ATYoN, like Secrets of the Covenants, focuses far too much on fluff. The editing is also terrible and the stats for most of the npc inconsistent and/or don't make sense.

BTW, in the Deborah antagonist section, is Asher supposed to be Jewish like Deborah? Her faith is fundamental to her character as a Hebrew Judge, and Asher is supposed to be a direct descendent, but with all the character discussion about racial discrimination and his dreads, I wasn't quite sure?
>>
>>54003611
What's inclusive about self-castration for Crúac?
>>
>>54004043
Eh. I mean, you could be Jewish and not a white dude. I mean, there is that Korean-American Rabbi that was on TV as a TV show bumper a few years ago.
>>
>>54004113
There is also entire population of jews of Ethiopian descent so Asher being Deborah descendant is kinda alright
>>
>>54004079
Because OPP is full of self-hating trannies?
>>
>>54004018
I'm running Mage the Ascension right now on regular Earth. There's still vampires and werewolves and the Umbra and Consensual Reality, but all the "Gothic-Punk" elements have been taken out, and the setting on a whole is much more optimistic. Traditions get along better, Technocracy brainwashes people less often, vampires don't control the government/media/etc [though they do have considerable influence, as does to the Order of Hermes and Technocracy]

I've always felt Mage does better in a setting that isn't try-hard gothic. If I was to run Vampire i wouldn't even include them in the setting, I'd use sorcerers.
>>
>>54004113
>Eh. I mean, you could be Jewish and not a white dude

True, as the Ethiopian and Yemenite Jews in Israel can attest.

However, as Asher is supposed to be a direct descendent of the Bibilica Deborah,whose powers are fueled by faith, you would think Asher's appeal would be concerned with faith, not race.

It was a clumsy attempt at diversity with an npc for the sake of diversity and nothing else relevant. I have no objection at all to Asher's race in the abstract, but the racial issues appear little more than filling a ham-handed, virtua-signally, diversity quota.

I guess I should be thankful that the author didn't make Deborah, a quintessential and important Jewish female hero of the Hebrew Bible, into a transgender wicca lesbian.
>>
>>54004277
>Technocracy brainwashes people less often

>Why even joint the Technocratic Union?
>>
>>54004297
>I guess I should be thankful that the author didn't make Deborah, a quintessential and important Jewish female hero of the Hebrew Bible, into a transgender wicca lesbian.

As another Anon cautioned, don't give OPP any ideas.
>>
>>54004324
Sweet cars, nice suit, good money, better women
>>
>>54004411
>Sweet cars, nice suit, good money, better women

And ray guns, never forget the firearms.

However, you seem to be confusing the Union with the Seers.
>>
>>54004474
By sweet car he probably ment one that turns into battlemech
>>
File: dracula.gif (418KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dracula.gif
418KB, 500x375px
>>54003891
>>54004043
>>54004297

I honestly really like that they walked back elders to make it clear that for as monstrous and alien they are, they're still people at heart. Weird, fucked up, distant, barely-there people a lot of the time, but still people. They've got motivations and personalities that make sense, they're just buried in centuries of blood and apathy and boredom and sociopathy. It's all fine and good to say that elders are just monstrosities that wear human-shaped meat puppets until you have to make that make sense in play, because past a point trying to characterize elders ended in the authors shrugging and going "they are unknowable and inscrutable so I don't have to make this make any sense."

I really, really liked almost all of the book because of that, and all the deep dives they did into how elders think and act and view each other/their lessers/mortals. However, the antagonist chapter at the very end was a flaming pile of dogshit, with prose that was howlingly bad compared to the average of the rest of the book and characters that were escapees from particularly uninspired oWoD supplements.

Like for real. Body of a Nation is, literally and explicitly, "Three vampires control the Bilderbergs as a false front for them having vague control of the world except maybe some even more vague spooky force PERHAPS THE JEWS??? is secretly pulling THEIR strings and killed one of them for getting too close to the truth" and their writeups are a bland idiot, an OC Donut Steel the author wants to step on their face, and a Nothing Personnel Kid, all with touchstones that explicitly don't count after the book spends like 40 pages explaining exactly what does and doesn't count as a Touchstone.
>>
File: 1497054202864.jpg (99KB, 720x593px) Image search: [Google]
1497054202864.jpg
99KB, 720x593px
>when you have 5 benediction dots and can slap the shit out of most supernatural monsters thanks to them and planning

Though mages still scare me since apparently the supernatural resistance merit does shit against spells for some dumb reason
>>
>>54004549
Whole point of mages is they're gods in human skin. Or was that Scion?
>>
File: They know.jpg (630KB, 2040x3160px) Image search: [Google]
They know.jpg
630KB, 2040x3160px
>>54004516
>That spoiler.
>>
>>54004549

Tell it to the spoops who just planted all that CP on your computer, Padre.

Oh look, A VaSCU agent. Wouldn't he be interested in what you keep on your hard drive?
>>
>>54004701
Jokes on you, with resources 5 I not only have lawyers, but black Jewish lawyers for just such an occasion.
>>
>>54004516
Some of them had potential. I agree a couple were wall-banging stupid.
>>
>>54004516
>the antagonist chapter at the very end was a flaming pile of dogshit

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel.

The book is definitely inconsistent. My guess is that much of the problem stems from having changed developers mid-stream and then rushed production and release.
>>
>>54004960

Nonsense, it's off to Gitmo with you.
>>
>>54004516
>>54004676
>PERHAPS THE JEWS???

That's some nice immortality you've got there, it would be a shame if something happened to it...
>>
>>54005197
>it's off to Gitmo with you.

Where is "supernatural Gitmo?"

My guess is that it's a bunker complex beneath Detroit or Oakland. What else could the conditions of those cities?
>>
File: 1000 Years of Night.jpg (26KB, 336x274px) Image search: [Google]
1000 Years of Night.jpg
26KB, 336x274px
>>54004516
>>54004676
>>54005213
There's depressingly few memeable images when you google "Jewish Vampires"
>>
>>54005242

Close, it's in Lansing. Generally used to hold supernatural serial killers, aka Slashers. Or Hunters with Endowments. Same thing.
>>
>>54005263

Blood and bodily integrity is very important in Orthodox Judaism and mysticism. Vampirism would be anathema to Judaism.

Jews are more likely mages or fallen world sorcerers who hunt vampires.

Also, check out Dvora in ATYoN. I imagine most vampires would be terrified if they knew they were hunted by an actual resurrected Biblical Hebrew Judge with superpowers.
>>
>>54005360
If we're talking about what /pol/ thinks of the Jews, then the Jews are basically Seers of the Throne
>>
>>54005360
I'm 70% certain she's a quintessence being hidden in plain sight..
>>
>>54004516
I liked Ezekiel. :-/
>>
File: arisen funk.jpg (447KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
arisen funk.jpg
447KB, 750x500px
>>54004516
>Body of a Nation is, literally and explicitly, "Three vampires control the Bilderbergs as a false front for them having vague control of the world except maybe some even more vague spooky force PERHAPS THE JEWS??? is secretly pulling THEIR strings and killed one of them for getting too close to the truth"

It isn't the Jews. Its the Maa-Kep. The Bildeberg Group is run by the Maa-Kep who also use it as a once a year social gathering. This is I think the closest that the book gets to acknowledging mummies who I feel kind of like should have warranted an antagonist crossover writeup. And why did werewolves get shafted on that too, for that matter?

Anyway point is, fuck yeah mummies
>>
>>54005939
>If we're talking about what /pol/ thinks of the Jews, then the Jews are basically Seers of the Throne

And also apparently Phil "Satyrdouche" Brucato (and a host of other far-left WW writers and fans) given his comments about why those nasty, evil Zionists Lions of Zions might be so offensive if included in M20.

I never quite understood why so many on the left laud and lionize illiberal groups, particularly in the Middle East and Africa, who would kill them or worse without a second thought, yet Jews, a tiny historically discriminated ethnic and religious group, who are also generally socially and politically liberal, are the source of such vitriol (and "Jews" and "Israelis" are used interchangeably in most discussions and literature until called out).
>>
>>54006887
Because they're fucking retarded and got brainwashed by Arab academics like Edward Said rather than actually trying to understand history on their own.

Not coincidentally, he also essentially founded postcolonialism and introduced deleterious postmodernist ideas into the West.
>>
>>54006887

Because it is very easy to paint the Israelis as an evil imperialist state and they ayyrabs as poor oppressed people.

Lefties completly ignore the fact that all the palestinians would have to do is show serious and lasting willingness to be peaceful. And that the IDF actually tries its best-within reasonable limits- to not fuck up the civies.

Oh and the fact that while able to the ayyrabs declared war over and over again. Now that they are unable to everyone acts like Israel was the aggressor all along.
>>
>>54006788
>I liked Ezekiel. :-/

His write-up seems to indicate he arose as a revenant, with no explanation of being uplifted as an Akhud.

It's also interesting that the author chose the name of a Hebrew Biblical prophet as someone who was basically a whore of Sodom.

A meeting between Ezekiel and Dvora would be "memorable."
>>
>>54006887
Israel gets a bad rap for literally being a country attempting genocide on a people as well as eugenics and land grabbing after being a state formed specifically because of World War 2
>>
>>54007263
What's it like being this deluded?
>>
>>54003029
Carthians are great. They're what the Anarchs should have been. Vampires from different ages all experimenting with various non-fuedal systems of governance and collecting that data to cross reference.

Want to play a Carthian who is a police state dictator? Go for it.

Want to play a mercenary who's experiment is "the man who'll do anything for a boon"? You can do that too

Heck there was a Carthian "Prince" in our game who declared the traditions null an void for a few months as a control experiment.
>>
>>54007263
>Israel gets a bad rap for literally being a country attempting genocide on a people as well as eugenics and land grabbing after being a state formed specifically because of World War 2

If Jews are so damned omnipotent, they've done the absolute worst job at "genocide" in the history of mankind.

People also seem to forget and ignore that Arabs number in the *billions*, control multiple countries and wide swaths of geography, any by even remotely modern standards, and irrespective of Israel and the Jews, shockingly illiberal, undemocratic, bigoted and discriminatory toward virtually anyone not a male Muslim Arab, and with a incredibly violent history than spans centuries through today, including support for Hitler and the Nazis.

My blood boils when the supposedly "diverse" and "inclusive" left, who purportedly abhors discrimination of any kind, mostly manages to turn a blind eye when Jews are the target of discrimination, harassment and violence, and I mean Jews, not Israelis, as the phenomena is quite apparent in commentary and action in much of Europe and its Jewish population.
>>
>>54007342
>Carthians are great. They're what the Anarchs should have been. Vampires from different ages all experimenting with various non-fuedal systems of governance and collecting that data to cross reference.

That's not remotely edgy and counterculture enough for the the old WOD.
>>
>>54007105
>A meeting between Ezekiel and Dvora would be "memorable."

My money's on the resurrected superwoman who bats for the team whose captain leveled Sodom with fire and brimstone.

>don't fuck with granny
>>
>>54007488
On that bit about the Nazis, did you know that the Syrian Ba'ath Party is the largest printer of Nazi writing in the world? They've translated all of Hitler's works as well as most of the Nazi canon into Arabic (such as The Myth of the Twentieth Century) and supply those books to the Muslim world.
>>
>>54002095
You can play Demon without having to meddle with christian shit if you want
>>
>>54008205
You do this by playing the objectively better version of Demon.
>>
>>54008229
Demon: the Mathematician is pretty great overall, but unfortunately the God Machine is an objectively shitty literal deus ex machina. They did a terrible job writing the lore for it, especially as it relates to other splats.
>>
Is there a Erretad version of V20 or a rules faq somewhere? I would normally not care but I am playing with a new group and would like to know more of the basic rules.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>54002095
nWoD Demon takes away the christian schtick and actually takes the God Machine thing and the Matrix and a lot of strange reality bending horror imagery turning it into something really quite interesting. And I overall hated the God Machine thing until this splat.
>>
>>54002190
Beast - because I truly love folklore and mythology, and was hoping that a supplement dealing with the monsters and heroes therefrom would be well, interesting and compelling. But Beast is not that.

It is trash. Intellectually offensive, outright offensive, pathetic and laughable. It is the authors'/developers' desperate outpouring of psychological angst in game form. I hate when people try to sum up things with simple labels like hipster, sjw, or whatever, but when a game absolutely reeks of Tumblrina idiocy, and lacks any depth beyond filling the bullying revenge fantasies of that narrow, shallow niche garbage, it deserves the label.
>>
>>54001864

I work with the mentally ill, and trans individuals are probably the worst human beings - and I'm even including addicts in that list, and believe me, they're terrible, but trans people just take the cake. They live to generate attention - positive, negative, whatever. Well that's not true, it actually seems like the negative is what they *thrive* upon, because the suffering it causes - not in everyone else, but in themselves, because that is the only person they care about, being narcissists through and through, is like mana from heave to them. They lie constantly, reflexively, and in ways that challenge people to call them on it, if not force them to, to create drama - and again that negative attention. They tear lives apart, torment those who love them, tear their own bodies apart - and relish the pain it causes their families', while at the same time using their families and friends's pain as a self actualizing persecution complex. In the end, they constantly and deliberately use their personal drama to disrupt the world around them, and then they blame the world itself for every problem they face.

So when you ask if a game has not meshed with me well - yeah. Prometheans. Because it was clearly written to feed upon and cater to either the authors' or the trans crowd in the fan base. The core characters absolutely define the mentality of the worst trans attention whores out there - the "I was made wrong! Horrible stuff is constantly happening around me, but it's never my fault!!!!" theme fits their narcissistic-without-a-modicum-of-introspection-mentaility to at T and it just makes my eyes roll.
>>
>>54009251
>It is trash. Intellectually offensive, outright offensive, pathetic and laughable. It is the authors'/developers' desperate outpouring of psychological angst in game form. I hate when people try to sum up things with simple labels like hipster, sjw, or whatever, but when a game absolutely reeks of Tumblrina idiocy, and lacks any depth beyond filling the bullying revenge fantasies of that narrow, shallow niche garbage, it deserves the label.

And that was the "improved" version after the outcry from the leak and Kickstarter draft, including desperate attempts to mitigate the pablum with setting addition like "teaching lessons." It's truly hard to imagine that OPP thought the Beast draft was basically done and represented a lynchpin splat tying everything together for crossover.

>RichT is creatively bereft and incompetent
>>
>>54002333
How are changelings superior to anything? They're the mutated, broken, mindfucked survivors of decades of sexual abuse by otherworldly entities. And to top it off, when they finally drag their fae cum soaked assholes through the hedge to their homes, they find they've been cucked in every sense of the word by something that is so much better than them at being the person people wanted them to be that no one recognizes the fae fucked wreck they are face to face.

There's your changeling superiority.
>>
>>54009542

Don't forget that they're also continually hunted by their captor and its agents. That should really help with the PTSD...

There is nothing, and mean nothing, good about the life of a changeling. Their powers are even mediocre, at best. I would rather be a vampire.
>>
>>54001864
Werewolf. If you're Native American or involved with native cultures regularly, it's either grossly offensive or just really tacky and embarrassing for its half-random misuse of old words and concepts and the rewriting/cutting-out of cultures to make them canonically something completely unrelated or shitty. Most of all it's just a bizarre, pointless decision they made to even do that - much like the vampire story, people who are interested in the werewolf only want to explore its European stories and myths, so... they didn't need to and it suits nobody's area of interest, but I guess they were writing and lost track of what old monster lore concepts a werewolf game should be giving a representation of?
>>
>>54007105
>>54007569
>A meeting between Ezekiel and Dvora would be "memorable."

Let's get ready to rumble...
>>
>>54001864
Is there any actual merit to M20 BoS?

Oh I know that it is stuffed with more of the same Phil shit and I've seen the screenshots of the FAQ. I get that it is crap. However I'm in a M20 game and want to know whether the book is at all useful for the updated and expanded traits and other crunch. Do I snag a copy for my GM to peruse? I have a high tolerance for rants about organic hummus as long as there are a few nuggets of rules to make the game more fun.
>>
File: 1498093292606.jpg (8MB, 1600x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1498093292606.jpg
8MB, 1600x10000px
How possible is it to run pic related with WoD?
>>
>>54009678
>Is there any actual merit to M20 BoS?

I don't think so, but I find Phil's constant stark and poor use of soon to be dated pop culture references as references and examples to be irredeemably tedious and annoying.

However, here's the book, judge it for yourself.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zsdjds
>>
>>54007105
Wierd Ezekiel doesnt have Praestantia?
>>
>>54009793

The book's editing is atrocious, even for OPP/WW, particularly the stat blocks for most of the npc's. The Ezekiel entry is hardly the only head-scratcher.
>>
>>54009793
>Wierd Ezekiel doesnt have Praestantia?

He also doesn't have any Obfuscate.

>Shh... Ezekiel is really a Julii
>>
>>54009793
There is a typo in his list of devotions. He has 'dominate' listed. I guarantee he was meant to have 'Chain of Command' but the overpaid fuckup writing this copied and pasted the wrong bit of text.
>>
>>54009875
Like most things OPP I like the concept. They just fucked up the mechanics/editing.

An unhinged petty male prostitute with a hate boner for his own kind with millennia of knowledge and resources? That's quality entertainment right there.
>>
https://youtu.be/yKn7hhgLPes

Ezekiel is essentially Edgington from 'True Blood'.
>>
>>54001864

Vampire. Seriously. I don't like overly political games, and that's what Vampire usually turns into. Also not a big fan of constant player on player backstabbing.
>>
>>54010077
They probably weren't over paid...
>>
>>54011209
>They probably weren't over paid...

Sadly, the quality of work was commensurate with the pay scale.
>>
>>54001864
Beast, for the reasons everyone and their dog knows.

That said, to name some much more sacred cows, I'm not fond of Promethean and Vampire. I know how you are "supposed" to play these, I just don't know why the hell anyone would subject themselves to it.

Promethean, I've only ever met one person who enjoys tragedy in roleplaying to the extent that would be necessary to enjoy a proper game of Promethean I think. It would be way too tempting to go LOLRANDUM off the rails with Promethean because the alternative of actually facing up to the torturous reality of the Promethean condition is about as unattractive as dragging my balls through broken glass.

Meanwhile, with Vampire, if I wanted to be brought into a world of darkness without understanding what I was getting myself into, treating human beings like cattle just to survive, and constantly following the arcane and seemingly idiotic commands of anyone older than me, I'd go outside and live another day in the real world.
>>
>>54009741
It's Satyros Phil. Where have you been?
>>
>>54009686
Sounds like a mortals campaign.
>>
>>54010217
Doesn't really fit imho. But thanks for reminding me of one good thing in true blood
>>
File: 1498233221048.jpg (166KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
1498233221048.jpg
166KB, 736x951px
>>54009472
Underrated post.
>>
>>54009472
I'd say Promethean is a little better than what you're saying. The whole point of the game is to learn from your mistakes and grow as a person in the face of adversity. And transgendered people are not really comparable to Prometheans. The former are human, the later are not.
>>
I need some ideas for interesting Sabbat antagonists. Nothing too powerful, meant to challenge newbie Cammies.
>>
>>54013953
The book of Nod-thumping street preacher and his Pander recruits.
Nosferatu spy.
Ventrue or Toreador infiltrator.
>>
>>54013953
Eh there was pdf in with some anon put together VtM bestiary with number of writeups for each clan , sect etc. but sadly I didn't save it. Maybe someone other anon has it and will share
>>
>>54014367
If anyone has this, would be awesome!
>>
>>54013953

A group of thinbloods the Sabbath uses as spies. They are tasked with diablerizing and to become real vampires.

The thrill kill club. Seemingly a club of Anarchs that uses his unlife to the full extent. Stealing fast cars, always having the nicest clothing and playing baseball with disciplines. The coterie is tasked with investigating if they are a masquerade threat. If they join them the stuff they do becomes more and more depraved slowly. At some point they reveal themselves as a sabbath pack recruiting hedonists.
>>
>>54003677
They just watched that movie where David Bowie is a goblin and decided they wanted to play that.
>>
>>54005360
Vampirism is anathema to literally any abrahamic religion. That's the point of being a vampire, you're damned.
>>
>>54014513
Seconded.

I need that for my chronic.
>>
>>54005360
>I imagine most vampires would be terrified if they knew they were hunted by an actual resurrected Biblical Hebrew Judge with superpowers.

I imagine most vampires would be
>Literally who?
>>
>>54015488

Most Vampires would :

a) See this as a rumor.
b) Think its vastly overblown and probably a hunter with dellusions of grandeur.
c)Shrug it off as one of the many threats they face.
>>
>>54015361
Hey that movie was kind of awesome
>>
File: Hebrew_Hammer_8571.jpg (40KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hebrew_Hammer_8571.jpg
40KB, 450x300px
>>54015488
Like any vampire wouldn't be afraid of "SHABBAT SHALOM, MOTHERFUCKERS"
>>
>>54015525
Exactly. She isn't even that tough compared to some other stuff even in that shity antagonist section
>>
>>54002095
Current game I'm running and planning around is a 1986 set VtR game.
Outlining a post-masquerade werewolf the foresaken game.

Hoping to fuck Changeling the lost 2e is out by the time i finish the two prior games
>>
>>54015542
I think most female vampires would be susceptible to his "talk dirty" skill
>>
Now that we're talking about jews, what does DA20 mean by "drinking impermissible blood" in the sins of the jewish Road of Heaven? (page 120). What about "Failing to maintain a state of ritual purity"?

They could fucking explain what jews consider ritually pure and impermissible blood if they're gonna give them a sub-road.
>>
>>54015555
Yeah. And if such a threat would emerge in a City you can be sure as fuck that the bloodsuckers would use the big guns. Elders have some nasty stuff at their disposal.

>>54015558
Changeling the lost is tempting me to buy CofD stuff. I really like the games feel and Story.
>>
Do people actually use antediluvians in their chronicles?
>>
>>54015906
>Implying people on /tg/ play games instead of bitch about trivial shit all day
>>
>>54015981
I do play games.

Not VtM, but I played that in the past (never got to ST it sadly)
>>
>>54015906

I use them as Background elements explaining the world for me. Players might stumble upon things the antes are embroiled in (EVERY indirect though) and thats rather unlikely.
>>
>>54015906
What do you mean by "use"? Having them as background stuff or making them central, with a sheet and stuff like that?
>>
>>54016162
The latter.
>>
>>54015555
>Dvora
>She isn't even that tough compared to some other stuff even in that shity antagonist section

>~3000 year old resurrected Biblical Judge favored by God himself

Her stats don't reflect her character description, just like virtually every other npc in ATYoN.

Deborah is explicitly supposed to be immune to vampire mind powers and have faith-based powers and abilities well in excess of the crappy single elemental enhancement in her stat block.

I also want to know more about that mage who was a "mage before the word existed" who managed to resurrect her, yet couldn't deal with some Draugr.
>>
I'm running the Ft. Assumption module out of Ghost Stories.

One of my players made a youtuber who does Urbex and stunts and shit on his channel.

Since he spent a lot on his camera and the town has the Numen that lets it interfere with technology, I've been letting them see certain things with the camera that aren't there IRL.

If he posts videos of his experience online, would the technocracy or something take his shit down? I figure that the town probably doesn't want him to get picked up, but probably would like it if a bunch of ghost hunters showed up after seeing the videos.
>>
>>54015585
>Now that we're talking about jews, what does DA20 mean by "drinking impermissible blood" in the sins of the jewish Road of Heaven? (page 120). What about "Failing to maintain a state of ritual purity"?
>They could fucking explain what jews consider ritually pure and impermissible blood if they're gonna give them a sub-road.

See http://www.religiousrules.com/Judaismfood03blood.htm

There's basically no way to be an observant Jew (or any other Abrahamic faith) and be a vampire.
>>
>>54015488
>>Literally who?

Deborah / Dvora

A Thousand Years of Night, p. 124.
>>
>>54016484
I'm assuming an unreliable narrator for her backstory. True resurrection like that is arch mastery and there is absolutely no way an arch master can't handle a couple of draugr.
>>
>>54016679
I guess he was pointing out that not every Kindred would be aware of Hebrew Myth to recognize Dvora.
>>
>>54016660
just like you can't be gay and a jew per Leviticus 18, and yet there are occurences. People are hypocrites
>>
>>54016660
There's an entire clan in Requiem that does just that kind of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>54016660
Do christians have the same prohibition on consuming blood? I know muslims and jews do but you know the whole 'blood of christ' thing.
>>
>>54007020
Yup got it right
>>
>>54017229
There's three major global religions that do the same.

/tipsfedora
>>
>>54007263
Why so many arabs on /tg/ lately?
>>
>>54017141
>just like you can't be gay and a jew per Leviticus 18, and yet there are occurences. People are hypocrites

True, and that's why I included the word "observant" in my prior post.

However, not consuming blood is not really something that's particularly controversial among most people, very observant Jews or otherwise.

Also, if you look at the backgrounds of most Requiem npcs, it seems that a overwhelming majority are homosexual and/or transgender. The gratuitous over-representation by WW almost implies that being a sexual or gender minority is practically a prerequisite for vampirism. I find the irony most amusing.
>>
>>54017337
>Do christians have the same prohibition on consuming blood? I know muslims and jews do but you know the whole 'blood of christ' thing.

I believe the Eucharist is the unique exception that establishes the rule in Christianity.
>>
>>54016830
>I guess he was pointing out that not every Kindred would be aware of Hebrew Myth to recognize Dvora.

Possibly, but even vampires would probably have heard at some point about a three thousand year old vampire-killing superhero from the Old Testament.

Deborah is a hunter from the Lancea et Sanctum's worst nightmares.
>>
Looking for some inspirations.

Trying to write my first Hunter game and using the ''real'' WoD system. So far, our group played a few game in the same mood, somewhat in the same setting, but as Mortals and with an inclination on horror. That's how I want to play Hunter too; I want every single creatures taken down to be a miracle, and not an expected accomplishment.

So I've searched for movies and TV shows with that in mind. Most are too ''OP'' for my taste, stuff like Buffy or Supernatural just seem to be ''we're too good to lose against this monster'', and this is not the feel I want.

I liked more subtle horror such as A Dark Song, I really liked how magic was presented and most likely the Hunter game will go against Mages. Dark City was somewhat cool too, maybe a bit too ''over the top'' for me to use it. Blair Witch Project, The Conspiracy, and most Slenderman fictions are my other sources for inspiration.

Anything else I should look for?
>>
>>54018238
>forgot Silent Hill as inspiration

also only watched Marble Hornets, somewhat liked it, thinking about checking other Slenderman series. Would they be good?
>>
>>54016484

>le ebin superpowered jewish hunter

What would stop an elder from using some young neonates as pawns to lure her into a trap and then blow the whole place up with a bomb ?

>>54017375
Israel is a topic where you can see if a person actually has historical and political knowledge or if they just spout memes.Most people whining about poor oppresed ayyrabs get nervous when asked what they would do if a neighbouring state has a history of declaring war with the intention of genocide. They get even more nervous when you point out the peace treaty with egypt and the fact that the palistinians vote hamas and squander their money on rockets and guns despite being sooooooo poor. When you mention that all this oppressive things like walls and checkpoints are fucking effective in lowering the death toll most people don't have an argument.
>>
>>54007007
It's even more funnier because Said is not a historian by trade, but a literary scholar
>>
>>54018238
>>54018275
What do you mean with "real" WoD system? Did you mean CoD 1ED (back when it was NWOD)?

Slender Man only works as inspiration if you put your own spin on the monsters. Luckily, he is so adaptable that it shouldn't be hard. I have some stats for Slendy as generic Horror, but that's a system from CoD 2ED, so you might not be interested. There's also a fan made supplement for Silent Hill in Mr Gone's website, which I think is for 1ED.
>>
File: blutwurst.jpg (63KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
blutwurst.jpg
63KB, 1280x847px
>>54017337

No. Catholics can eat pretty much anyhting they please. I belive orthodox christians are the same. Minor heretical cults aren’t real christians.
>>
>>54018238
If you can stand the often dry tone,it may be worth looking through some of the SCP stuff. In particular, look through the articles related to their Mobile Task Forces, since they're the trained military teams that.
>>
>>54018413

I mean, we played with a lot of inspiration from the setting but never really used the system. Played a game of Dread with it, or free form RP.
>>
>>54018537
Ah, gotcha. That's certainly a valid way to do it. Do you avoid using the system for simplicity's sake, or do you actively dislike it?
>>
>>54018276
>What would stop an elder from using some young neonates as pawns to lure her into a trap and then blow the whole place up with a bomb ?

The big trap with neonate cannon fodder is exactly the scenario addressed in Deborah's fiction. It didn't work out so well for the vampires.

I would imagine that Deborah's divine visions would warn or protect her from any such vampire shenanigans.

Whoever is Deborah's patron has some serious magical mojo and definitely doesn't like vampires.

>Patron is definitely an archmage
>>
>>54018636

We avoided it for simplicity concerns, yes. This Hunter game should be the first step into including a system to our common games.
>>
>>54018749

>I would imagine that Deborah's divine visions would warn or protect her from any such vampire shenanigans.

Boring. I mean a vampire could do 10 million nasty things not reliant on his mental disciplines or direct combat.

If a divine vision warns her about everything a vamp might have a hard time but thats retarded imho.

An elder vamp could start bombing synagogues till she retreats or something like this. There are a billion ways for a good social manipulator to solve a problem like this.
>>
>>54017677
>homos and trannies are more likely to become bloodsucking parasites
nothing wrong with that
>>
>>54016356
Nah, that wouldn't make much sense unless you plan for your game to be Godzillah vs King Kong: Vampiric Bogaloo.
>>
>>54018768
May I interest you in the stats I have for the Slender Man, then?
>>
>>54018874

Well you could have them in a Gehenna chronicle or find some other reason why they are weaker or can't use their full power.

In myWoD for example Malkav is split in two one evil being, the madness network and his old orginal self that has walked the path of heaven, has reached the paths golconda but is weakened (as strong as old metusaleh) and has no connection to his childer due to the madness network blocking him.
>>
>>54018905

Yes, the interest is there. The query was however about some inspirations for a game, so if you have some to complete your numbers, I would really appreciate.

Like if you watched Slenderman fiction other than Marble Hornets and could tell me which ones are worth watching, please do so haha.
>>
>>54018860
>homos and trannies are more likely to become bloodsucking parasites
>nothing wrong with that

Again, the irony of certain that minorities WW are trying to positively represent and laud actually being true monsters in the various gamelines is most amusing.

Beast was a culmination of this lack of self-reflective thinking, and even with the backlash, many people still don't understand the problem (*cough* rpg.net *cough*).
>>
>>54016660
>It is forbidden to consume blood of either animals or birds.[1] In fact, it is forbidden to eat anything with its blood.[2] Blood must be poured out on the ground, like water.[3] Both Israelites and the strangers who live among them are commanded to pour out the blood of any animal or bird they hunt and catch and cover it with earth.

With some mental gymnastics vampire jews could just drink only human blood (like 99% of vampires).

Also, in this very same link you provided it says:

>The punishment for consuming blood from an animal or bird (but not from fish, insects, locusts, creeping things or humans) equal to the size of an olive is extinction (karet).[24] The Scribes, rather than the Torah, forbid consumption of human blood, but only after it has emerged and not, for example, if it is swallowed immediately from bleeding teeth. [...] Nevertheless, a person performing a circumcision is required to suck up any blood that comes forth as a result of this procedure.[26].

So you can have your jewish vampire who is a rabbi pedo cocksucker and not only it's okay but it's actually mandatory according to the prestigious Maimonides.
>>
>>54018961
I recommend Tribe Twelve, Everyman Hybrid not as much. I heartily recommend this short film as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2duevcUMGw

I'll write the stats for old Noodly N' Spooky in the next post.
>>
>>54019035

> The Scribes, rather than the Torah, forbid consumption of human blood, but only after it has emerged and not, for example, if it is swallowed immediately from bleeding teeth

If the scribes did it you could always play a dissenting ultra orthodox jew.
>>
>>54018859
>An elder vamp could start bombing synagogues till she retreats or something like this.

If a vampire tried something so incredibly public and stupid, other vampires would quickly eradicate him for no other reason than the egregious masquerade breaches (the LeS would probably go ballistic), to say nothing of the almost certain extreme response by both other interested supernaturals and mundane security and military forces. Of course, Deborah's unseen patron might also take direct action against the vampire.
>>
>>54018956
Well of course, I was generalizing. There's always exceptions and, if you're imaginative, you can come up with a lot of them.

I actually met Troile and the Ventrue and Lasombra antediluvians (or whoever the storyteller decided them to be) in a chronicle set in ancient times, for example.
>>
>>54019098

>Of course, Deborah's unseen patron might also take direct action against the vampire.

So she is boring as fuck with an i win switch.

>If a vampire tried something so incredibly public and stupid, other vampires would quickly eradicate him for no other reason than the egregious masquerade breaches

Step 1: Find a group of wannabe djihadists
Step 2: Provide weapons, explosives and training posing as a rich saudi.
Step 3: Profit
>>
>>54019081
Probably better than feeding from dick-skin, yeah.
>>
>>54019077
Note: This is meant to be a version of Slendy that follows the recommended limits of the Potency chart for building Horrors in Chronicles Of Darkness, rather than a version that has all the powers from all the stories. I exchange Skill dots into Dread Power dots on a 5 for 1 basis.

Virtue: Mysterious/Fearsome
Vice: Observant
Aspirations: Take People Away, Remain Just Out Of Sight, Spread Fear And Madness, + ST Fiat

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 8, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Skills: Investigation (Spying) 4, Occult 3, Athletics 3, Brawl 4, Stealth (Stalking) 8, Survival 3, Empathy 1, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 4, Subterfuge (Evasive) 4

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Taking People Away), Direction Sense 1 (Advanced 2, Epic 2), Eidetic Memory 2, Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Taking People Away), Trained Observer 3, Virtuous 2, Iron Will 2, Striking Looks 2, Untouchable 1

Willpower: 26
Defense: 9
Initiative: 14
Speed: ST Fiat
Health: 17 (Size 9)
Potency: 10

Weapons/Attacks
Claws And Tentacles [+1L melee; 9 dice]

Dread Powers: Chameleon Horror, Elusive*, Hypnotic Gaze, Immortal, Madness And Terror, Maze, Numen (Hallucination), Reality Stutter, Shifting*, Surprise Entrance, Vanish*

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>54019152
*Elusive: Creatures with this dread power only ever appear on camera as a blurred silhouette of their actual shape. Humanoid monsters can easily be mistaken for humans or upright bears, while unusually large creatures blend into the scenery. Humans have a hard time remembering exact detail about creatures they encounter. Rolls to accurately describe or recall such events are made at a –3 modifier.

*Shifting: The Horror can reform its shape in accordance to its needs. Once per turn, as a reflexive action, it may change itself in a significant manner. The Horror can only sustain one such alteration at a time. The possibilities include:
• Developing Armor equal to its Potency.
• Growing limbs or means of locomotion that add +10 to its Speed (and possibly allow it to fly, swim, climb, or tunnel with ease).
• Changing appearance to perfectly copy a person or animal.
• Dissolve into a liquid, allowing it to escape a grapple and move through tiny gaps, grilles and channels.
• Form Natural Weapons with a +1 weapon modifier.
• Shift dots from one Physical Attribute to another on a one-for-one basis, up to its Potency in dots per round.

*Vanish: The Horror with this Dread Power can disappear in a flash, a puff of smoke, or the blink of an eye. Once per scene, by spending 1 Willpower, the creature may instantly exit the scene. The Slender Man may also bring other people with him, but must first establish a Grapple or open all the Doors of the target.
>>
>>54019114
I would agree with you, in 95% of non-gehenna non ancient times chronicles antes have no place.

>>54019131
I mean depending on when the scribes decided on this the vamp could have been alive before that happened.

Or the classical: I might be a sinner but i kill my religions enemies or stuff like that.
>>
>>54019123
>So she is boring as fuck with an i win switch.

There's a reason why she's been successfully hunting vampires for around 3,000 years.

Also, the elder would need to extend the threat to Deborah connecting the bombings to her hunting the specific vampire. That will not end well for the vampire.

Also, many supernaturals have connection to the religious groups, including the Lancea et Sanctum and a whole lot of mages. Such an egregious terrorist campaign would result not only in massive mundane investigative resources which, as a general rule, is very bad for vampires and the masquerade, but hiding behind a jihadi front would hardly protect the vampire from the investigative acumen of other supernaturals like the Awakened.

A better strategy *might* be to try to threaten members of Deborah's family, although I imagined that strategy has been tried before with disastrous results.
>>
>>54019186
That's true, there's several biblical/judaic figures who are said to "go to heaven" without dying that work great for inspiration when creating a metuselah.

He eventually died but it would be cool to have Metuselah, the metuselah.
>>
>>54019270

>There's a reason why she's been successfully hunting vampires for around 3,000 years.

Hey guys look at this NPC he has no weaknesses because of ebin magic patron.

Thats boring mane.

>Also, many supernaturals have connection to the religious groups, including the Lancea et Sanctum and a whole lot of mages

Well first of all you need to have mages in your chronic. And i think a lot of elders would accept a terror campaign like this to get rid of such an enemy.
>>
Which book was that had the rules for vampires aging? Not only the increased costs but also rolling to see what happened to your guy during the 50 years fast-forward.
>>
>>54019318
Thats actually a fresh idea.

Someone who isn't impressed by the authority of religious scholars because he has much mroe religious authority (and the sword of extreme judaism giving +5 on all trade related rolls) ((sorry))
>>
>>54019339
>Well first of all you need to have mages in your chronic.

Deborah's background claims she was resurrected by a mage. No mages. no Deborah, at least in her current form.

> i think a lot of elders would accept a terror campaign like this to get rid of such an enemy.

The problem is that such a terror campaign is very public and involves people and groups well beyond vampires and Deborah.

Besides the fact that a massive campaign of synagogue bombings would royally piss off a LOT of very powerful supernaturals, including a great many vampires, it would be an egregious masquerade breach. Rather than stop Deborah, it would more likely result in a pogrom against vampires.
>>
File: 5 dots of Blood Sorcery.jpg (68KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
5 dots of Blood Sorcery.jpg
68KB, 605x558px
>>54019390
>>
>>54019318
>there's several biblical/judaic figures who are said to "go to heaven" without dying that work great for inspiration

The Prophet Elijah would be an even bigger badass vampire
hunter than Deborah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah#Departure
>>
>>54019450
>Deborah's background claims she was resurrected by a mage.

Is it even remotely possible to avoid mages in the CofD?
>>
>>54019550
>Is it even remotely possible to avoid mages in the CofD?

Silly Anon, of course not.
>>
>>54019550
never
but with luck, you can try to use things like the Theban who once subjugated the Tremere when they were normal mages
>>
>>54019550
Only if just want to run mortals.
>>
>>54019638
>use things like the Theban who once subjugated the Tremere when they were normal mages

What book is this in?

>>54019662
>Only if just want to run mortals.

Careful... DaveB was very explicit in claiming that mages were mortal, albeit powerful douche mortals.
>>
>>54019695
Mage, of course. Left-Hand Path and I think the Mage Dark Era mentions it in passing
>>
>>54019695
Fair point.

Only if you want to run baseline mortals.
>>
>>54013945
The game itself does draw the parallel fairly aggressively, though. Though it does that with basically every sort of "I'm *different* from you" condition.
>>
>>54019493
Sorry again.

>>54019450
Bombing two synagogues isn't that crazy. A terror network isn't that unlikely in the year of the Lord 2004+13.

>no mages,no Deborah

Well you could always handwave another explanation.
>>
>>54019768
Especially since people affected by a Wasteland are not to blame for their reactions against a Promethean
>>
>>54019783
>no mages,no Deborah
>Well you could always handwave another explanation.

Mages are probably the least problematic explanation for having an immortal resurrected Old Testament Judge with superpowers hunting vampires.

In fact, I was surprised her description indicated she was the actual Dvora from the Bible. WW usually assiduously avoids any mention of the Abrahamic god in the setting, likely in light of Masquerade's reliance on it oWOD.
>>
Which ATYoN author was responsible for the antagonist section of the book?
>>
>>54019768
>>54019820
Then what exactly is the problem? "Soulless artificial being powered by the roaring transformative fire of Divinity" =/= "rea life minorities". Prometheans are not to be taken as a metphor for a specific group of real people. They're more like a metaphor for growing up, and that can involve many paths and choices. It doesn't have to include gender dysphoria if you don't want to. It's more versatile than that. This interpretation that Prometheans are completely innocent and people are evil for reacting to Disquiet is not actually supported by the book, and is frankly shallow.
>>
>>54019943
I take it you're referring to 1e.
Promethean 1e is cool. 2e is Beast-lite
>>
>>54020362

2e is the same game with a fiddlier power system, gentler waste-land and disquiet rules and a lot more vocab than necessary. It's one of the weaker 2e games in that it's more of a lateral move than an edition compared to full on improvements like Werewolf, but it's hardly Beast-lite.

>>54019943

Like many White Wolf fans, the problem they have is "I am projecting my personal hang-ups and issues on this game."
>>
>>54013552
Thanks. It was written in passion, but a day later, in the calm of a day off, it rings ever more true.
>>
>>54020490
>I am tired of OPP vomiting their Tumblr nonsense onto my dark urban fantasy setting
Is not
>projecting my personal hang-ups and issues on this game.
>>
>>54020362
I'm referring to both editions. I simply do not understand this knee jerk negative reaction to references to transgendered people or other minorities. You're free to roleplay your Promethean however you damn well please. The opinions of the writers on certain political topics are a non-issue. And if transgendered people are so problematic, why not have a Transgendered Promethean PC or NPC who is actually a decent individual and doesn't fall into those stereotypes?

You have creative freedom, is what I'm saying. Don't let past bad experiences ruin a potentially fun one. Just do it your own way, nobody's gonna break down your door for it.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>54020543
Remember, these defenders are probably the tumblrinas and trannies who are the fanbase for this shit, who are both lacking in introspection and empathy and unable to understand such criticisms, and who actually crave and depend on the actualization they get from being catered to with this shit, no matter how patronizing and indulgent. They crave the kind of reinforcement they get from garbage like Beast and Prometheans, just like "Satyros" Phil Brucato can't help but jerk himself off with self indulgent sidebars trying to lend credence to his own radical political creedos and even moreso by changing the name his parents lovingly gave him to that of one of his favorite RPG characters.
>>
>>54020582
If you've lived a sheltered life, you probably wouldn't. And I guess good for you. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
I seriously think the trannie metaphor for Promethean is a bit of a stretch. It's easier and more interesting if you take it at face value as the game of Frankenstein's monster wants to become a real man.
>>
>>54020582
Because it's an active determent to the book. I'm going to ignore it for my own games but I don't like having to wade through OPPs cringy preaching to get to the decent content.
There's also the fact that if I'm playing a game about being a supernatural creature the last thing I want breaking my immersion is a cringe sidebar on pronouns, or the struggle of the gay man, or that if you don't let a man get pregnant you're an evil bigot.
There might be a place for that shit, but it's in an RPG I will never play. And the entire IP would be better if WW/OPP were able to keep their retarded politics where they belong.
>>
>>54020712
I'm not sheltered. I have experience with transgendered people too, and not all of them were good. You're the one who is applying broad strokes to an IRL group and saying that that they're equivalent to Prometheans.

It's fine if you don't like the game, but it's not like you're being forced to interpret it in a certain way, and not everyone conforms to bad stereotypes IRL.
>>
>>54020582
What you are talking about comes down to individual games and what the ST is looking for.
For example, I ran a W:tF game where I stipulated that every player bring a regular person to the table that found themselves in drawn into a world they didn't know existed.
I had a player show up with a emancipated, mtf transitioning, parkour practicing, indian martial art instructed adult club DJ. In a group that had 2 high school teachers, a biker thug, and a local gangbanger.
I was not pleased, but I allowed it because I can extend the olive branch.
As predicted, the pc turned out to be an asshole who was rejected by the pack after attacking a blooded member, leading to an ambush by the Pure. I ejected the player soon after.
>>
>>54020889
I know that must have sucked to experience firsthand, but that sounds fucking hilarious Anon.
4 Normies and the specialist snowflake.
>>
>>54020917
It sounds funny, but I told the player, repeatedly, that if they wanted their pc accepted into the pack, they'd need to make it on their own efforts and prove they were trustworthy.
They didn't, and to this day the player doesn't understand why. The group still gives me shit for even allowing the pc in to the game to this day.
>>
>>54020809
I agree wholeheartedly.
>>
>>54019450
I don't think her background story is completely reliable.
>>
Do "hunters vs vampires" also work when the vampires are organized in tier 3 conspiracies like in Danse Macabre?
>>
>>54020582
transgender characters are okay, if somewhat difficult to play realistically. Transgender players, on the other hand, are more often than not cancerous attention whores that ruin the game for everyone involved
>>
>>54020809
>the game of Frankenstein's monster wants to become a real man.
So a FtM post-op?
>>
>>54020809
I would agree, but sadly, it is the trannies that take it and twist it into being about them (nothing new, they did the same with the Matrix movies and try to insert into every other piece of media)
>>
>>54019886
The issue I have is that a true resurrection like that requires Archmastery. And the story doesn't make sense if an arch master is involved. Or perhaps that was the author's intent in order to create a potential plot point later for the story teller.
>>
>>54019886

>Mages are probably the least problematic explanation for having an immortal resurrected Old Testament Judge with superpowers hunting vampires.

Well has the nWoD hedge magic or something like hedge magic ?

>>54021110
Depends on the Hunters and on what the Hunters are supposed to achieve.

If you have a huge multinational megacorp that heavily invests in a cadre of hunters they could do some serious damage.

>>54021066
Well maybe you can use that unreliability to make her a less boring char.
>>
>>54021111
Is it really that much of a problem in your local scene?

I live in a fairly liberal/progressive area and I've never seen a transgender person.
>>
>>54005360
>Blood and bodily integrity is very important in Orthodox Judaism
>>
>>54021111
One thing I've found is that regardless of the illness or condition, the bigger deal the person makes of it, or the more their identity is based around said illness or condition, the more cancer the person is going to be.
Case and point, I knew this one bitch who had the most basic level of skin cancer, doctors delt with it, no big deal. She milked the "I'm a cancer survivor! Respect me!" angel for 3 goddamn years. She'd stop people in the middle of walmart to tell them about her struggle. She was like every tumblr tranny stereotype minus the penis.
>>
>>54006887
Because to liberals, Jews = white people stealing brown land. They don't understand that the only reason Jews became white is so they could undermine white society. Jews and liberals should be allies.
>>
>>54021184
>Well has the nWoD hedge magic or something like hedge magic ?

I think so. Aren't all the supernatural merits and the like analogous to sorceries from classic?
>>
File: 1461766981047.jpg (456KB, 655x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461766981047.jpg
456KB, 655x1000px
Mage players, tell me about the Mysteries that came up in your games
>>
>>54021410
An abandoned dead-end street that always leads to another street in town when you turn back.
>>
>>54020663
Fuck you. Just because of how I'm born the world DOES treat me like shit. You know it's true and you are posting this shit because you know there are other fucking transphobes like you who will just join you like a pack of wolves and attack me for being who I am, and then a RPG comes along where the writer shows some sensitivity to the pain I feel and of course you shit on that too, but all it is is sensitivity the game isn't about trans issues, it's about being a cool, noble being constructed by a broken creator who has to deal with that and all of the repercushions it involves.
>>
>>54021222

Der Sturmer? Really?

Great, now we have far-left loons and Nazis on /wodg/.

>>54021271
>the only reason Jews became white

Jews did not magically become WASPs. Whether Jews are "white" seems to depend on the politics of the observer. Jews are still most definitely the religious and ethnic "other" to vast swaths of people and suffer open discrimination and violence (and many Jews, particularly Sephardi, Mizrahi, Yemeni, Ethiopian, etc. Jews are not even Caucasian), but because they have generally peacefully assimilated and succeeded where they settled, they are just too "white" for some.

Again, the great irony is that many of the groups comprising the left would be killed or worse in the "brown lands," but considered unremarkable and legally protected in Israel, the teeny, tiny bastion of First World liberalism and diversity in the violent, bigoted cesspool of the Middle East.
>>
>>54021410
Room full of chairs.

Had to figure out which one was the vampire.

Without using any magic. Was not easy.
>>
>>54021653
>Great, now we have far-left loons and Nazis on /wodg/.
We always had. After all, /wodg/ covers both Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Beast: The Primordial
>>
>>54021184
>Depends on the Hunters and on what the Hunters are supposed to achieve.
>If you have a huge multinational megacorp that heavily invests in a cadre of hunters they could do some serious damage.

Normal as described in the vigil.
>>
>>54021660
What gave him away?
>>
>>54021653
>Jews did not magically become WASPs

They didn't become WASPS, they became Germans (by interbreeding, not by magic). Where do you think the Ashkenazim got their name? Their whiteness enables them to demonize white people by being evil themselves.
>>
>>54021653
What's interesting to me as a Chinese Jew is seeing certain parts of the far left trying to make Asians white because of our success in America. It's not entirely new argument. Some white nationalists have always made exceptions for Asians. Back in 1922 SCOTUS had to decide whether or not Asians were white https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozawa_v._United_States
They decided they weren't, but left open the possibility of Asians being reclassified in the future though.
>>
>>54021644
It's not what you are, it's how you act. If you don't want people treating you especially badly for what you are, stop demanding people treat you especially *well* for what you are.
>>
>>54021644
See >>54021253
You're being that cancer that anon mentioned.
>>
tfw you realize that the price for immortality as a mage is to make the terrible sacrifice of marrying your changeling waifu princess and letting her use her Flickering Hours Contract on you in exchange for protecting her (and your) magical kingdom and subjects from Huntsmen and other monsters, making you a hero in the process.

Most Liches really are dumb.
>>
File: 1498173000484.gif (115KB, 782x437px) Image search: [Google]
1498173000484.gif
115KB, 782x437px
How long does it take a Tremere neonate in V20 to learn rituals based on level of ritual. The book doesn't say so I'm looking for the consensus on /tg/
>>
>>54021919
Ok but you need to put in the work by getting that wizard tower
>>
>>54021919
>then a mustache twirling acanthus comes along and cancels your immortality

nyek nyek nyek nyek
should have gotten something more permanent
>>
>>54021960
"Fairest: The Fairest ages or rejuvenates herself and/or her subjects by one year when using this Contract. This effect is permanent."

It will work just fine...
>>
>>54022003
>Contract

Contracts can be cancelled using Fate

:^)
>>
>>54021960
>>54021919
Curious question. Can mage with fate reinforce the contract? Changelings live longer than mages(in theory at least) from what I know. Can mage enforce a contract made by changeling to last past mages death and be unbreakable? How hard is it to do that?
>>
>>54021927
You just perform the instructions.
>>
>>54021960
>>54022018
>The worst path
>Not getting cockstomped by the Mastigos master race the moment he tries his spooky fate nonsense.
Gonna be hard to mess with that contract when you're orbiting Neptune.
>>
>>54021919
The older a Lich is the more incompetent they must be.

There are multi degree masters, archmages, and people who've ascended and they've accomplished that in a single lifespan.

Even if lichdom prevents arch mastery or ascension if you're not like a 5th degree master by the time you're entering your second century you're just an embarrassment.
>>
>>54022018
Only when there is a Duration to cancel. When the Contract causes a permanent change and immediately ends anyway, like the Fairest effect, there is nohing left to Unravel/Unmake, similar to a healing spell.
>>
File: 1497442089513.jpg (70KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497442089513.jpg
70KB, 850x400px
>>54022018
Everything can be ruined by mages, because that's how the game was written.
>>
>>54015558
It was supposed to be out by now. I don't know what the hell they're doing with it, but the rules look so damn good. Just kickstart that shit already and I'll buy in.
>>
>>54022038
>Changelings live longer than mages(in theory at least) from what I know

Not really. They usually live longer, but a Mage (Lich) has the potential to garner a more prevalent form of immortality.
>>
>>54021410
Every 13 years a child goes missing at the state fair only to be found a week later.
>>
>>54021835
>What's interesting to me as a Chinese Jew is seeing certain parts of the far left trying to make Asians white because of our success in America.

Asians (a very broad category) are no doubt a victim of their own success. From a cultural perspective, they are indeed now what Jews were a generation or two ago in the USA.

It appears that "white" has become synonymous with "successful," and that cannot be tolerated in identity politics, victim-centered ideology of the left.
>>
>>54018972
RPG.net is a lost cause.
>>
>>54022121
That's still ripe for magic-trolling.

Silly Mage. Should have become a Lich.
>>
>>54021133
Until of course they're called on it, as they have been here, in which case, deny deny deny, and accuse accuse accuse.
>>
>>54022136
SyndicateParadigm.jpg
>>
>>54022121
>there is nohing left to Unravel/Unmake
>Unmake

I Unmake your years using Time 5
bye bye immortality
>>
>>54022073
That's a bit of a stretch. A lot of Masters decide not to pursue Archmastery for obvious reasons.

Ancient Liches are going to be very competent to get away with their vile methods.
Archmages, while only half immortal, would no doubt still live longer than the oldest Lich, if they play things out.
>>
>>54022252
Does lichdom prevent archmastery or "just" ascension?
>>
>>54021960
There are far, far worse things than one or another form of "dispelling" that an enemy mage can cast on you. Why even bother?
>>
>>54022325
>Why even bother?

Wizards associating with fairy folk deserve to be bullied
>>
>>54022047
This information is not useful. Do you mean if anyone had a predators tooth hanging around their neck, they could just squeeze it to gain the benefits of feeling like they fed? For I call bull sir, bull.
>>
>>54022165
Kikes are a tribe unto themselves though, much like Mormons they favor each other over outsiders in all things but unlike Mormons they favor their ancestral homeland over the country of their residence.
>>
>>54022203
Now we are getting from the "I'm unaging and it can't be dispelled" to "(some) Liches can't be targeted by Time magic specifically, but there are still plenty of other ways to effectively kill Liches and non-Liches both, so whether one or a few specific effects count doesn't really change much".

That said, the pranking potential could indeed be hilarious: "Children, let me tell you a story about how after one of the rejuvenation rituals, our wizard started to speak in Shakespearean english using only rhymes. This one other wizard with that glorious mustache denied any involvement whatsoever...
>>
>>54021833
You know, I've actually noticed this. Especially post November last year, every time I see a "white" person demonizing white people, especially cursing white men, it's a jew. Always a jew.

When I started noticing this, I became even more vigilant to it, and every goddamn time.. t here is something really fucked up going on.
>>
File: 3976233.jpg (59KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
3976233.jpg
59KB, 665x375px
Could you use pic related as inspiration for a Pack of Werewolves, a Krewe of Sin-Eaters, or somehow a mix of both?
>>
>>54022292
I don't think it prevents anything, at least as long as you don't make yourself fully into a Spirit, Goetia, or something else completely disconnected from humanity and Supernal magic. Although if you keep your Arcana as a Ghost Mage for example, it might still work.
>>
>>54022068

>or sudden onset stage four cancer of the everything (thrysus)
>or all the spells you cast just wont work (obrimos)
>or a simple case of soul loss(moros)

It's a good thing Acanthus have time magic so they can go back and pick a better watchtower
>>
>>54022517
>Ghost Mage

Sounds cool. Can I possess random unfortunates?
>>
>>54021919
Changlings are awful, intolerable trash. The embrace of sweet death is better than dealing with the OWoD variant for an eternity (though a smart mage favors killing the changeling and annihilating all it holds dear), and the NWoD version are the deformed, twisted, mentally ill cumsluts of the True Fae. A mage is better off focused on perfecting his craft til archmagehood and then enslaving or creating a true fae to make his own cumslut - why take the tainted ptsd broken molested gutter trash?

Your japanese cartoon based fantasies are crap and trying to shoehorn them into WoD in any form is faggotry.
>>
>>54022468

Simple answer - American jews hate themselves.
>>
>>54022136
That's the beauty of it. In this World of Darkness, of countless horrors and inscrutable mysteries, terrors from beyond walking in our midst, where humanity seems to be at the mercy of so much monstrosity.

And yet, we have potential to transcend it all. When we are at our best, we are virtually gods, beings so far above the things that hunt us at our least that they might as well be dust drifting around, stirred by our wake. Reality is ours to write, and there are realities beyond what we could ever have imagined before awakening too, so much, all for us, if only we can just get a little more powerful, a little more wise, a little more in tune with the way of things.
>>
>>54022738
I don't think so. They don't self-identify as white people. They self identify as jews. When they are criticizing white people, they are clearly coyly using the misidentification a casual observer might make offhand in assuming them to be one, while expressing their personal and very real contempt and racism/bigotry.
>>
>>54022738
>American jews hate themselves.

American Jews, and all Jews, are a far more politically, socially, economically, culturally and even racially diverse group than you imagine. In the USA, Jews are very assimilated and successful, and have been so for generations, something which apparently is an unforgivable sin for both the white nationalists on the right and perpetually-aggrieved on the far left.

The far right and far left are simply two sides to the same bigoted and bitter coin.
>>
>>54019739
>sleepers
>>
>>54021678
>Great, now we have far-left loons and Nazis on /wodg/.
>We always had. After all, /wodg/ covers both Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Beast: The Primordial

Sad, but true. What is it about WW games that attract so many of the ignorant, bigoted and psychologically damaged, from across the political spectrum, who insist on ruining the casual role-playing fun for the rest of us?
>>
>>54023461
>>sleepers

>moneys and baboons.

>Join the Mysterium
>>
>>54021253
an ex?
>>
>>54023553
Nah, one of those mutual friend types that I was forced to interact with far longer then I would have liked.
>>
>>54009472

They also play mummy
>>
>>54023646
why? Irem was a patriarchal hellhole and surely not acceptant of degeneracy
>>
>>54023550

No no little one let me show you how it is done.

Srees eht nioj.
>>
>>54023596
damn, i would have fucked her and then went around telling people in walmart "I have fucked a cancer survivor" to show how annoying it is. Probably backfire though.
>>
Ok guys. I noticed that there is lack of garoufags. But still.
I tryed playing Werewolf the forsken. And every group i played with had broom in its ass. Talking about how "serious" is it and basicaly "NO FUN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOWED"
The game itself is just edgy mess where one guy is alfa and our alfa was cuck of the group and called it "Fun interacting"
Is there any reason for non-furfags to play this thing? In my experice werewolf is just an edgy mess for posers who wish they could fuck wolfes.
>>
>>54001864

Many.

WtF: It was my first roleplaying game and i love it but i cant make it click. Not in the way i can make Apocalypse click. The whole "all packs are islands", "the pack ALWAYS comes first" and the lack of a proper social structure make me wonder how exactly do werewolves interact and learn from each other.

The "all packs are islands and do things THEIR way but respect this set of rules" meshed with the "dont kill the pure because harmony/social stigma make my head scratch. Either packs are an island or they have a social structure to enforce said social stigma, not both. And then there is the fact that the pure are presented as sympathetic as a the KKK so killing them smells of the game saying "thats wrongfun" without a compelling reason.

Their customs are counter-intuitive, how do character learn stuff and know things like "when you challenge another werewolf for a territory you dont have necessarily pick combat"? OPP chargen assumes all players read the rulebook which it rarely ever happens.

Or that the hunt rite doesn't have to end in violence? Tons of stuff are presented but there isn't any framework in place for PC to learn that stuff and assumes is gonna hand wave it with PC made pass a certain "level" but new player get overloaded with choice in chargen at the point they keep forgetting stuff.
>>
>>54023765
Perhaps you should get into one of the superior gamelines.
Like Mage.
>>
>>54023452
And yet 46% are in the top 1% wealth. This is not representative of a diverse population. When people talk of jews, you know exactly which ones they are speaking of, so don't try to point to their poorer cousins, most of whom are looked down upon and not even welcome in Israel.
>>
>>54023765
A good W:tF group plays it as a magic spec ops team with some weird social traits.
A bad W:tF groups does the edgy furry thing.
>>
>>54023668

atamajakki joke
>>
>>54023847
Where did atamajakki fly off to?
>>
>>54023829
Jews (American) have the highest average IQs on the planet. They're going to be clever and successful, savvy.
>>
>>54023646
I'm not familiar with Mummy. I love the mythology of Ancient Egypt, and the old Boris Karloff movie, and horror that sprung from it, but after seeing how White Wolf ruined werewolves with that horrible faux native american spiritualism patronizing garbage that almost made me think that the idea of cultural appropriation might be offensive is reasonable... I really avoided looking at the line.

How bad is it?
>>
>>54023902
Mummy is great, alongside Demon and Mage. The three strongest Templates, barring the obvious Archmages.

The trinity of superiors. Looking down on their lessers. Either go strong or be lame, like vampires and changelings.
>>
>>54023816
Are people so starved for players they accept people into games who cant be bothered reading the fucking rules for char gen?
>>
Seems like the books in the mega is not up to date, does anyone have a lore of the clans that is?

Thanks
>>
>>54023816

Mages: I like both but almost nobody runs it the way i like to play it.

I had 1 excellent ascension DM who ran it in revised. Meaning nobody cared about the ascension war and stuff happened. It was a nice street level game the slowly build up until umbral travel but the DM only allow us to raise arete on time skip and we only went to Arete 4.

Mage faggotry puts me off, to me mage is about flavorful magic and being smart with the limits of your paradigm not seeing how many galaxies/counter measure i can throw at stuff.

Same for awakening: The whole reality is a prison like the matrix, symbology and "mages MUST be obsessive" just seem either boring (the first one), needlessly confusing or just limiting. I run mage without all those stuff as game of people with magic, paradigms and politics but almost noone runs it that way.
>>
>>54023856
>Where did atamajakki fly off to?

OPP forums as usual.
>>
>>54023829

You will notice for all their success at Jew-killing, the Nazis failed to kill a single blood Rothschild. They did manage to bag a marry-in.

>>54023878

IQ is not a barometer of success. The smartest individual in history by IQ measurement ended up writing an advice column that never really took off outside of corn country.

>>54023902

It's a cool idea but it's really limited in what you can do with it. Almost like it was... mummified.
>>
>>54023950
>Are people so starved for players they accept people into games who cant be bothered reading the fucking rules for char gen?

Players never read the rulebooks where i live. Unless is D&D, then they have 7+ OP builds
>>
>>54023992
It's still a debate as to whom had the highest IQ, anon.
>>
>>54023992
Intelligence is damn well a barometer of success.

It's also highly overrated, but nonetheless a major factor.
>>
>>54023957
Magewank started when Masquerade players declared themselves the strongest of supernaturals within their respective setting, more so Old than New.

The majority of Mage fans aren't munchkiners, just annoyed by the pretention of Masquerade's fanbase.

Please don't enforce stereotypes, despite Mage players dragging it on for what's been half a year.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/

Geist 2nd Ed is in Development. What happened?
>>
>>54023847
who is that?
>>
>>54024058
>The majority of Mage fans aren't munchkiners, just annoyed by the pretention of Masquerade's fanbase.

In the city i live there is only 2 DMs of Awakening me and another guy. Said guy is magefag, who brag about the most boring and utilitarian-over-flavour uses of magic he allow/use in his game. So i am a bit bias.
>>
>>54024058
Why do vampfags hate magefags so much though?
>>
>>54008229
I like both versions of Demon, and they are quite different from each other.
>>
>>54023902
Mummy is one of the best lines of Chronicles of Darkness, just very limited in scope.

There is only one tidbit about dysphoria, in a book that deals with mummies that occaisonally have to switch bodies and thus suddenly remember that they were originally a man. It is quite tastefully done and avoids most of the shit products like Beast pull.
>>
>>54024132
>who is that?

A namefag who post here who happens to be a tranny and the only New mummy player.
>>
>>54024164
You have to respect someone that dedicated

Mummyfags are endangered creatures.
>>
>>54024164
There's more than just jakki. There's me and at least one other anon I think. That's three times as many as expected!
>>
>>54024186

It is like a magic unicorn that one.
>>
>>54024015
>>54024029

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_vos_Savant

Not bad, but could have gotten a lot farther with a 228 IQ according to you guys

Waiting for the /pol/esmokers to start braying about the lack of penis.

>>54024058

They're either a) trolling or b) masquerade fags who jumped ship when they realized the truth.

>>54024111
Press f to pay respeck
>>
>>54024209
>There's more than just jakki. There's me and at least one other anon I think. That's three times as many as expected!

I always suspected you guys are like the immortals in Highlander, destined to fight each other to death until one remains as the last of the mummyfags!
>>
>>54024241
But then who would we have to play mummy with?
>>
>>54024236
Marilyn von Savant has been outdated for a while. That Christian (yup) farmer has a higher IQ than hers.
>>
>>54024209
What's mummy about? I always wanted to give it and Geist a try but there's a complete lack of interest at my local gamestore.
>>
>>54024241
>>54024259

Of course they're mummyfags so they just come back anyway
>>
>>54024259
>But then who would we have to play mummy with?

Who do you have to play mummy with now?
>>
>>54024236
>>54024261

William James Sidis had the highest recorded IQ in history, but is still debateable.
>>
>>54024300
Nobody, my only gm friend is doing a totally different style of game.

Should I kill him as a human sacrifice to awaken an MtC game from its tomb?
>>
>>54024236
Her IQ is closer to 190, not 228.
>>
>>54023765
>"NO FUN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOWED"

Explain what do you mean by fun in this context?

And what i like about Forsaken is the animistic aspect. Playing an urban shaman and like the lodge of 1k teeth and waking spirit or make them act in certain ways. Kinda like the Warboys from mad max.
>>
>>54024315
>Nobody, my only gm friend is doing a totally different style of game.
>Should I kill him as a human sacrifice to awaken an MtC game from its tomb?

I does seem like the only way left for you.
>>
>>54024236
>Waiting for the /pol/esmokers to start braying about the lack of penis

Women have more consistent IQs than men. This is a fact. Yet men are represented at the extremes far more.
>>
>>54024058
>The majority of Mage fans aren't munchkiners, just annoyed by the pretention of Masquerade's fanbase.
Oh, shut up please, everybody in this fucking general is just sick about mages coming into every discussion that doesn't even talk about them just to say "but with arcana/sphere 8 I can do that and much more"
They constantly ruin not mage related discussions, and make the thread generally worse, sincerely speaking, I was preferring when this thread was way less active but without magefags ruining everything.
>>
>>54024538
I could not agree more.
>>
>>54024301
Personally, I'd say John von Neumann would be on the short list for smartest person.
>>
>>54004277
IMO that's a lot of the appeal of the original Mage the Ascension.

Let me quote from 1st edition.

>Raphael looked first one way and then the other in the city's dying light. The heat of August had only just begun to abate, but an icy chill ran up and down his spine, making him shiver. Reaching under his trenchcoat, Raphael fingered his hidden katana hilt. Its strength, its need to cut, reassured him.

See you're a bad ass dude with a katana and a fucking mage too in a world controlled by the MAN.

Later Raphael gets followed

>Pulling up the collar on his trenchoat, he proceeded. He passed a department store with a huge display of televisions on the side. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of the televisions flash over into static as he passed it. Then the next one. Then the next one, one-two-three as he walked past. Finally he got to the end of the line an a fourth television flashed into static as he walked near it. The darkened store-front provided an eerie backdrop. Then, suddenly, all was as it was before. It was the Manhattan News broadcast.
> "...and, in other news, Wyck Industries chairmain Thoms Willis, an influential market trader in the big Apple, was killed today during a drive-by shooting in the Bronx. Mr. Willis is survived by...."
>>
>>54024583
> Raphael's eyes were distracted by the newscaster's... as he walked past, the man seemed to be following him with his eyes. When their gazes locked, the newscaster's eyes seemed to squint, as if the sudden glare of the screen affected him too.
>Fear stealed Raphael and he began to run down the street. As he went, the street lights, long deactivate to save money, began to light, one by one. The spotlighted him whenever he went, each sodium light coming on just as he passed underneath. Raphael stopped. What was this? Were they truly watching him? So far, no one had attacked him. He had to get to the airport soon. He had no way of knowing how they were tracking him, or who they were. Assuming "they" were the Technomancers that Wo had mentioned, he would be in their domain, their reality here in the city.

See your a bad ass dude like Neo or Morpheus and a mage facing the fascist MAN!
>>
>>54024538
I think you just hate Mage too much

Biased nard
>>
>>54024624
Too bad I love Mage, and everytime I see a Magefag spouring shit and munchikin' in such a way that in his opinion a game would be literally unplayable because everything would be unveiled in seconds, I just feel bad.

I admit that people in here are very kind at giving advice/rules for mage related things, but the shitposting when talking about something else is just too absurd.
>>
>>54024583
>>54024599
good ol' nineties
>>
File: Nine Mystic Traditions.png (476KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nine Mystic Traditions.png
476KB, 853x480px
>>54024690
I know that feel, fellow non-autistic Mage fan.
>>
>>54024690
I have talked with far too many fat goth chicks declaring their slim princes of the night as superior to that of master Mages.

I just can't help but put them down.
>>
>>54021644
Is this a copypasta?
>>
>>54024815

It should be, or at the very least, a forced meme
>>
>>54024803
Do they roll away in tears when you mention all the ways to counter Celerity?
>>
Would there be anything special about the Oneiros of an altered human like a vampire, changeling, geists, or woofs?

Similarly, do prometheans or demons have one?
>>
>>54024154
>Why do vampfags hate magefags so much though?

Wand envy.
>>
>>54024538
>>54024690
>hasn't been to the OPP forums

Masquerade players are absolutely revolting. They wank harder than Magefags, they really fucking do.

Just be glad the original forums are gone.
>>
>>54023829
>And yet 46% are in the top 1% wealth. This is not representative of a diverse population.

It is representative of a culture which places an *extremely* high value on knowledge, education, entrepreneurship and familial integrity and sacrifice.

A history of pogroms and extreme discrimination and violence, no less a near total genocide within living memory, also tends to be a very strong cultural motivator. When Jews says "never again," they damn well mean it. The drive to succeed is the drive to survive.
>>
>>54024983
Prometheans and demons are inhuman so I don't think so.

Altered humans would definitely have altered oneiros. In particular a vampire would have the beast.
>>
>>54025075
Last time I checked this thread wasn't the forums of OPP.
>>
>>54024058
Oh shove it you pretentious faggot. I am a "mage player" - it's my favorite splat, from the original to sorcerer's crusade, to Awakening, White Wolf has really covered some great concepts, and open the door for some really great gaming.

I don't know where faggots like you came from, but this dick measuring contest with all the other splats is just ridiculous. And it's Mage players front and center doing it. Mages probably don't even come into play in 99% of Vamire and Werewolf games in the first place, they're just their own little aberration in the WoD, and I think most of us are fine with that, but then you little insecure cunts come along and out of the blue take it upon yourselves to ruin

every...

fucking...

thread...

you can...

Because you think they are competing with us, or even give a fuck? Holy shit - you're worse than the trannies they were complaining about earlier in the thread. In every way.
>>
>>54025226
>>
>>54025217
I bet you drank the vitae cool aid

Fucking traitor, you're no mage player
>>
>>54024738
I know, right? God, this stuff was mana from heaven to us when it was released. The game was just fun as shit, cheesy at times, crazy, dark and depressing, and bleak as fuck, too (we had a Storyteller who never forgot the horror aspect, which really added to it I think, I learned a lot from him, especially never to marry a crazy bitch, no matter how hot, but that's a story for another thread). Goddamn the 90's were great.
>>
>>54025335
You wanna read something depressing, compare the CofD core book to any of the oWoD core books. Hell compare it to the first edition nWoD core. Shit has 0 soul to it.
I'd take that 90s edge to that anyday.
>>
>>54025103
More like millenia of usury, deception and exploitation of other cultures, but you can frame it how you like. You are right - in a flock of sheep, they are definitely the wolves, but wolves gifted at convincing the sheep that they are the meekest and most desperate among them.

If every people were as the jews, we would have a much more insular, untrusting world, as we each protected our own, and walled off all others from each of our own people's Zions. But perhaps we would eventually reach some sort of a Machiavellian equilibrium.
>>
File: 1498524694058.png (593KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498524694058.png
593KB, 853x480px
>>54024356
Basicaly. "Werewolfes are hard to play because they stuggle so much as we have to be serious all the time" All groups I played with took themselves too seriously to the point when I just wanted to quit. Their wuffwuffs greeted new pack mebers by threats of breaking bones and shooting knees. At which point I didnt even knew why my char would want to join these assholes.
>>
>>54025596
>faeries
>wizard to the right

yeah
>>
>>54024154
Yeah yeah yeah, they're scrawny, anne-rice loving, ham planet girlfriend pussy whipped vampfags, and you're fedora wearin' ill-fitting, trechcoat sporting, mall katana wearing magefags. We get it, you have a rivalry.

But the hate you get here on these forums? That's because you BRING YOUR FUCKING DICK MEASURING INTO THE GENERAL THREADS WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG, INTO DISCUSSIONS WHERE NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT.
>>
>>54025681

Calm down
>>
>>54025279
>roleplaying in a general thread

Nice fedora you're wearing, gentlesir.
>>
File: 1498524694058.png (540KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498524694058.png
540KB, 853x480px
>>54025629
happy now?
>>
>>54025592

How exactly have the Jews, a tiny and spread out minority group, managed to dupe, oppress and coerce billions of people from innumerable cultures throughout history? Did we use our secret Jew magic? Also, if we're so damned omnipotent, don't you think we might have stopped the periodic attempts at subjugation and genocide.

You really need to dwell on the fact that your ample failures, deficiencies and insecurities are all your own, and not the result of some Jewish boogeyman
>>
>>54025775
>Did we use our secret Jew magic?

Shh... no one is supposed to know about the magic.

What's next, revealing the secret handshake or the location of the bunker where we issue coded messages to world leaders?
>>
>>54025816
>coded messages to world leaders

Raviolli raviolli, bring down twin towers only
>>
>>54025586
Oh, I like the COFD books - they are a different beast. well the NWoD books honestly. First edition. COFD are in the case of vampire, mage and werewolf, systematically much better, but as far as layout/arrangement/editing/organization a fucking mess..

Anyway, back to my original thought - OWoD was the 90's, in a super hero comic book sort of way, and it was fucking awesome at that. I love it for that. It paid lipservice to being a game about horror, telling stories of personal horror and exploring the horror genre in rpg form, but no, it was a superhero comic with horror dressing.

NWoD was White Wolf finally, finally putting their money where their mouth was, and addressing the elephant in the room. Taking the horror seriously. If really understand that, and do so, then it makes for some absolutely fantastic gaming, and to be honest, I found the dryer writing style tended to fit. Well, except the Macolm Sheppard stuff and some of the other garbage authors who they just keep feeding work to out of sympathy. All in all I have had and continue to have as much fun in NWoD/CoFD that I do in OWoD, because they're both fucking great RPGs.
>>
To have achieved enough wealth that 46% of your population is in the top 1% is pretty fucking magic, because that level of wealth is *obscene* for a people ostensibly oppressed and repeatedly subjected to pogrom and genocide.
>>
>>54024983
Perhaps only in that they dream of different things
>>
>>54026080

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-crazy-statistics-about-Jewish-people
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.