[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 55

File: 1473280345658.jpg (464KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
1473280345658.jpg
464KB, 811x542px
Mistakes were made edition
I bake, I get butthurt, I bake again edition
Fuck everyone and everything REEEEE edition

First attempt at baking resulted in an aborted mess without even the subject being correctly filled out. A large number of anons (OP included) got incredibly salty. Nothing of any importance in >>53980987.

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
>errs by making a thread before the bump limit
>compounds this by failing to name it correctly (it should be /hhg/ - Horus Heresy General, for future reference)
>doubly fucks his own reputation over forevermore by making a second neigh-identical thread and tells disgruntled anons to migrate over to that

Pls tell me you're Curzefag, I am loathe to believe there are two faggots of immense proportion on this tiny of a general.
>>
File: Delegatus 1.jpg (6MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
Delegatus 1.jpg
6MB, 3456x4608px
Centurion-Delegatus Plasma McPointyhand claims this fresh bread in the name of the IV Legion. Previous bread was suitably bitter.
>>
Does anyone know if HH is going to be brought in line with 8th edition rules wise? I might start collecting it but, from what I've read, I'd rather play with the current rules opposed to an 8th ed HH.
>>
>>53987668
You should give the model realistic muddy weathering by shoving it up your ass.
>>
>>53988393
Not for the time being, sadly enough. We'll get something along the lines of 7.5 produced entirely by FW, i.e. a total mess now that Bligh is gone.
>>
>>53988393
No, FW apparently listened to the whiners and decided to stick with a patched-up 7th ed for the foreseeable future. Which is kinda funny, considering 7th ed is already a patched-up frankensteinian monstrosity.
>>
>>53987668
Did you really saw off a model's feet to make it look like it's standing in ankle-deep shit?
>>
File: IMG_2433.jpg (50KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2433.jpg
50KB, 640x425px
>>53988393
Oh fuck, don't remind we that we'll need to stick with fucking 7th...
>>
>>53988393
They're sticking with 7th at least until all the Legions have their rules and units.
>>
>>53989093
7th was cluttered but from what I've seen it dosnt seem like HH is suffering from the problems associated with 7th ed 40k. Crazy daemon summoning, re rollable 2+ saves, ect don't appear to be a huge issue in HH. Am I wrong in that sense?
>>
>>53989612
There's a little bit of both of those, in that Word Bearers can summon and ally Daemons and the Custodes Tribune can have T5 W4 3++ rerollable EW, which means he beats down literally everyone aside from one specific Mechanicum character who ties, but the Tribune is slow and expensive and thanks to the way allies work in 30k Word Bearers can't exactly run a Daemon factory, it's more dropping Plague Drones and Bloodletters around the place to provide support.
>>
>>53986973
I-I'm not a faggot...
>>
>>53988699
Agrax Earthshade Gloss over Stirland Mud gives a nicer finish than that, anon.
>>
>>53989124
No, he's literally standing in it. The joys of texture paint.
>>
>>53989197
Go play your shitty game instead then.
>>
>>53990148
You're on 4chan, you are, de facto, a faggot.
>>
Buy raffle tickets for a fully-painted knight house and fund medical research for the sake of a podcaster's son. I don't think anyone's complained in here about Freddy the Swede yet (Varangian Heresy podcast).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7qQ6UDDeRM

(He has Duschenne muscular dystrophy, which mostly affects boys and limits your lifespan to your late '20s, maybe more if you get good health care.)
>>
>>53991799
Get fucked cunt. Release episode 100 and maybe I'll help
>>
Basic marine resin resculpts that aren't lanklets when?
>>
>>53992102
Eh... the Eye of Horus released ep 100 (vol. 1) this week. And they aren't organizing this telethon anyway.
>>
So, how's everyone dealing with the 8E Blues? Still getting any games in with Horus Heresy?
>>
>>53992164
Never. You'll get plastic marines and you'll like them.
>>
>>53993600
But I need mkII...
>>
>>53986813
Good anons, could anybody upload Crimson King audio? Long week ahead and I will not have time to read.
>>
>>53993917
Get 20 of the box set with the different armours
>>
>>53987668
He sure is on point.
>>
>>53987668
Guys, post your HQs please
>>
>>53993221

>gather together all the parts I need to make my Thousand Sons army
>8E hits
>FW comes out with 7.5
>FW looks like a mess after Bligh's death

Honestly I'm contemplating just storing away all the TS bits I prepared and turn all my HH stuff into Carcharadons. At least I'll have a Blackshields option if I do that if FW ever manages to move to 8E.
>>
>>53994209
Probably a good idea. If you only had 40k people to play against, HH is dead at this point.
>>
>>53994230

I feel awful for everyone who bought all the Custodes products, honestly. All those tanks and special units are absolutely unusable outside of 30k.
>>
>>53994370
Well, I guess that is how they nerf Cuckstodes.
>>
7th>>>>>>>>8th

8th edition suck so much,same Aos shit but with dumb people (at least WFB player start to play 9th age)

I made some competitive tourname t test in 8th i win or lost the match the 2-3* round,never arrived at 4* round in 10 matches,i rape or have been raped befor it,the gunfire is soofucking heavy,manticora and wyvern are soo wrong,as for plasma aip-guns,and all various shit
>>
>>53994502

>so mad hes lost literacy skill
>>
>>53994524
I gotta wonder, does it improve the bait or distract from it?
Assuming it isn't an honest attempt at a post, in which case it is really sad for multiple reasons.
>>
>>53994502
Despite typing like a chimp you're right. The best thing 7th has going for it is the perfect balance. There's literally no overpowered or worthless options.
>>
>>53994968
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>53995078
The sarcasm in that post could melt a hole in the bow of a Mars class Battlecruiser
>>
>>53994968
True. And don't forget the speedy gameplay of 7th. It's so quick and efficient.
>>
>>53994968
Sometimes, people are trully retarded here, but you good sir, show such a clear sarcasm as exploding plasma generator. Cheers.
>>
New SoH player here looking to buy things other than legionaries but no idea where or with what to start. I'm guessing Dreadclaw drop pods and a tank? What kind of tank?

Also I want to field Maloghurst but it doesn't seem he has a particular model. Do I just use a legion support cadre?
>>
>>53995498
Get some legionaries and metal boxes to transport them in. One or two HQs and then decide what Rite of War you want to focus on first and go from there.
>>
>>53995498
You should do some conversion work for maloghurst like pic related
>>
>>53995531
>metal boxes to transport them in
There are 20 different tanks, which one would you recommend? Do I need more?
>>
>>53995546
Metal boxes is a meme name for rhinos
>>
>>53995551
How many do you think I need?
Deimos or Damocles?

Are there other comparable tanks, in case I want variety?
>>
>>53995538
Sweet. What bits have you used?
>>
>>53995498
SoH command squad has a Maloghurst model.
>>
>>53995647
Awesome, thanks! It didn't show up when I searched FW.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 400x398px
>>53991799
Fuck off. I can guess who this is you lousy cunt. I was watching you on that shitty forgottenlegion livestream.

You're the worst podcast and you're opinionated as fuck.
>I only like narrative
Keep to your tournament making. And you can pay for that kid since you can afford fucking resin straight from the source maybe you should spend it on the charity instead.
>>
>>53995571
Dude. Get some rhinos. Read up on different units. Starting at 1d4chan's legion tactics list would be nice. Don't ask us all these basic things.

If you want to discuss tactics, we got you senpai.
>>
>>53995709
If I'm running Orbital Assault can I just replace all the Rhinos with Drop Pods?
>>
>>53995830
Yeah? Isn't that literally what the RoW says?
>>
Guys, Mechanicum question here.

In MoM, Hieronyma of the Reductor became *the* Archimandrite. Do the stats represent the absolute assrape she unleashed in the Webway? Do you use large, heavily converted robot models to represent her?

How do I field lots of Castellax-class bots?
>>
>>53995611
Not my work it was posted in B&C the thread is called 'Let the galaxy burn. Balefire legion'
>>
>>53995830
If I recall correctly it literally says that any squad that can normally take a Rhino as a dedicated transport is allowed to take a Droppod instead.
>>
Hey fellas. Where can I get my hands on the new Perturabo ebook? I can't seem to find it in any of the MEGAs.
>>
>>53996630
Black Library.
>>
>>53996308
I'm not entirely sure what was going on there, since Archimandrite is also a term for the one or few Archmagi that rule a Forge World and deal with logistics and such, it's not a unique massive warbot. You could convert her up, but the stats don't really match the lore, a tabletop Archi is just a normal Archmagos that gives all your vehicles IWND and boosts reserves. I suspect that that monstrosity would better match the capabilities of Anacharis Scoria.

As for Castellax, they're Troops. Mandatory Troops, for Cybernetica. Take 40 or so Adsecularis to score shit (in two units) then go nuts with the Castys and Domini to keep a leash on them. In almost all larger games you'll want your choice of Archmagos and two lesser Domini with Machinator Arrays as your HQ slots. I would also recommend some Vulturax, Arlatax and Thanatars, since they all just utterly destroy shit.
>>
>>53996211
Sorry, what I'm trying to ask is is there some situation where a Rhino might be preferable to the drop pod so I should take a Rhino or two instead of using only drop pods?
>>
>>53997166
Why not read the rules, like the bit where only deepstriking units can be taken.
>>
>>53997166
Look at the limitations for the Rite of War.
"Units that cannot be deployed by Deep Strike, either by having access to the special rule themselves or because they cannot be carried in a transport vehicle that has it (infantry in Drop Pods, for example), may not be chosen as part of the army.

So either your squads Deep Strike by themselves or in a Drop Pod of some kind or they're not in the list.
So no, you cannot take Rhinos if you prefer, it's Drop Pods or not at all.
Unless your Rhinos have Deep Strike, which they do not.
>>
>>53996630
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/4Hmo9buG/file.html
>>
>>53997291
>RAW you don't need to have everyone Deep Strike. The rules say that units must either have the Deep Strike rule or have access to a transport that has the Deep Strike rule, and that if a unit purchased a dedicated transport then it must begin the game deployed inside it. Do remember Flyer DTs still start the game in reserves, though.

from the 1d4 wiki

My apologies, I'm really having trouble parsing these rules.
>>
>>53996630
>>53997435
anyone got the audio version?
>>
>>53997460
It's really simple.
You're allowed to take a unit if:
1) The unit has Deep Strike ; or
2) The unit has bought a Dedicated Transport that has Deep Strike (Drop Pods or Transport Flyers, as those all have Deep Strike too).

no exceptions.
>>
>>53997460
admittedly, the usual RAW-asshole will say that your unit is allowed if it could have bought a Deep Striking transport but didn't, but there is such a thing as RAI, which means that everything arrived by Deep Strike or it's not going in the list.

RAW is generally the home of WAAC idiots, especially in HH, where the lore is more important.
>>
File: 1471031285312.jpg (282KB, 1000x885px) Image search: [Google]
1471031285312.jpg
282KB, 1000x885px
Remember your protein shake, bois.
>>
>>53986813
Anyone got the BoP IW paint guide, can't find it in the megas
>>
File: 1479398113919.png (745KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1479398113919.png
745KB, 640x1136px
>>53997984
Sure thing, I got your butt anon.
>>
>>53995538
What happens to Maloghurst post-Heresy. He a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>53998771
I bet he died during Siege of Terra with Loken.
>>
>>53998771
Nobody knows. Surely he became a warlord on his own after Horus died, leading a warband or joined the Black Legion. Maybe he became a daemon prince, who knows?
>>
>>53998771
Nobody knows what happened to him.
I want to make a CSM warband with the SoH colours lead by Maloghurst who rejected Abaddon's leadership
>>
>>53995498
If you hate yourself buy Dreadclaws, if you hate yourself a little less buy Drop Pods.

Sons of Horus do great combi-weapon veterans, probably the best in the game. There's nothing wrong with just buying more legionaries and combi-weapons.
>>
>>53997645
Another problem is that RAW in many HH missions you auto-lose if you null deploy.
>>
How many Archmagi are there on your typical Forge World? A dozen? A hundred? A few thousand? It seems to vary. The Martian Synod is a few thousand members, but Archmagos Kotov had three Forge Worlds, but his High Magos counterpart was just the 2IC of a small observation platform.

I'm trying to write a Dark (Horus) Heresy adventure based on a Mechanicum Sector Meet, when representatives of all the major organisations and factions and Forge Worlds meet to talk about whatever, trade and do deals. AKA MechaniCon.
>>
File: 1498411899906.jpg (94KB, 920x874px) Image search: [Google]
1498411899906.jpg
94KB, 920x874px
New Primaris and Death Guard up.

These guys (Reivers) would make good Night Lords, or Moritats.
>>
File: 1498412090809.jpg (115KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
1498412090809.jpg
115KB, 920x950px
these guys would suit 30k more than the Dark Millenium guys who are a bit more Chaosy.
>>
>>54000058
I'd use some of the new Plague Marines as Gal Vorbak, what with the mutations and such.
>>
>>53998848
>Loken
>ded
ayyyy
>>
>>54000042
I'm sure those helmets will come in handy for something besides Chaplain conversions
>>
>>54000042
Gee, Guilliman, how comes you get to have three Chaplains?
>>
>>54000074
Yeah they could be really cool as a Nurgle-oriented Gal Vorbak force.
>>
>>54000058
>grenade launchers wielded by the Deathshroud Terminators

GW is trying to be so FW they even try to emulate their proofreading...
>>
>>54000264
Snapffit lol
>>
>>54000451
Dark Imperium models are not snap-fit, though. You need glue to put them together. They are more monopose, but for example all the primarine heads are separate and can be swapped, as people have done. Don't see why these dudes would have ones moulded on.
>>
>>54000042
That Librarian head might work pretty well as a Magos. Given the fluff for my Secutarii Axiarch I might use it on him. Otherwise, Primaris stuff looks meh. DG might make sweet Gal Vorbak, though.
>>
>>54000451
You speak as though we live in a world without x-acto knives, clippers of various sizes, saws, and other implements designed to cut and dismember.

And it's the Dark Imperium units that are mono-pose minis. These would probably follow the same kind of standards as normal marines. And even if they aren't, it wouldn't be hard to cut them down into their respective parts either.
>>
>>54000042
whaaat, we Night Lord now
>>
>>54000074
I've had the same idea, it works well.
>>
>>54000393
Grave Wardens, not Deathshroud.
>>
>In July, both the Primaris Space Marines and the Death Guard are getting new units, starting with the Reivers of the Adeptus Astartes. Many of these Getting Started kits will be in the Easy to Build format, meaning they’ll be easy to assemble – they’re made of coloured plastic and you won’t even need glue. There are also two new Getting Started boxes and a Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000 book coming soon, giving you a range of options for beginning your journey in the 41st Millennium.

The 2 new easyfit boxes will presumably be stuff from the edition boxset.
Basically all the new models for the forseeable future are going to be snapfit or monopose, with the option to swap heads around. Even putting on custom shoulder pads on everyone looks iffy.

So, made for the newbies or people who don't care about converting. Kind of not really useful for us all that much.
>>
File: 40kEasyPoxReveal.jpg (95KB, 920x925px) Image search: [Google]
40kEasyPoxReveal.jpg
95KB, 920x925px
>>54000058
I like the gas mask
>>
>>54000922
Yeah the 2 new boxes are the stuff from the main box split in two.
>>
Wow, this general is dead as fuck. GG 8th edition
>>
>>54000042
>>54000058
>Only three models in the box
>Probably going to cost as much as a normal 10 tac squad.
Oh fuck
>>
>>54000025
>How many Archmagi are there on your typical Forge World? A dozen? A hundred? A few thousand?
Only one.
In fact, some Archmagi may have many forgeworlds at his disposal, like Kotov did.
Most of the higher ups in a forgeworld are Magi with their corresponding High Technoarcana.
A few may be exhalted and attain Archmagos stats, but Archimandrites are rare as fuck, like Chapter Masters.
Example, in the EC of 110000 dudes there were only 30 Millenials, their Praetor equivalent. Most battlegroups were led by captains instead.
The same how there were only 7 """captains""" (aka Praetors) in the 90000 strong Death Guard.
>>
>>54000922
In MY day we converting monopose metal models. Using nothing but our tears of regret to stick them together. In pitch darkness. Uphill both ways.
>>
>>53997460
Deep striking units like Land Speeders, Jetbikes, maybe a couple of legions' Terminators that can teleport, and not sure what else (I don't think flyers can be deployed, even hovering ones) can start on the board. They're still part of the orbital assault, but they arrived a moment earlier I guess.

Everyone else is in flyers held in reserve, or drop pods. That includes Dreadnought Drop Pods, Dreadclaws, and Kharybdises - the latter two are necessary for your assault-oriented units and larger squads.
>>
>>53999324
I am definitely looking to buy Dreadclaws, and maybe some auxilllary --

>Kharybdis, Fire Raptor, and Storm Eagle stocked in 10 business days
>Caestus temporarily out of stock
Life is suffering.
>>
>>54000977
Its the dead of summer, in the middle of the day, with absolutely no new news from FW, and irrelevant news from GW. And the past few threads haven't exactly been incredibly receptive to people posting their stuff, so we don't have much going on in terms of hobby work either. It's just downtime.

There are much, much deader generals elsewhere on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>54001014
Yeah, I know Archimandrites are rare as hell, but I assumed there'd be at least a few lesser Archmagi in the Synod. Given that Draykavac was a Knight liason and Satarael and Scoria were both Taghmata leaders rather than logistics types, it would be strange if they were the only Archmagi on their planets, especially since they were mistrusted by their fellows.

I did not know that Marine officers were that rare, though. I assumed they led about a thousand dudes given they had Centurions for Companies and such. That will increase satisfaction from Warlord kills right there.
>>
>>54001150
Ignorance
>>
>>54000559
What are you even talking about?
>>54000851
>>54000393
Aaaaaay the Seventh legion :^)
>>
File: P9220341.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P9220341.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
Because people are complaining that the thread is dead and I don't have anything else to do, here, have some Tyrants.
>>
File: 40kPrimarisLibReveal1.jpg (93KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
40kPrimarisLibReveal1.jpg
93KB, 920x950px
>>54001221
The new Primaris Librarian has a cool cybernetic cowl, he's a bit like Old Perty. I was thinking of using it for my Secutarii Axiarch Titanshard helmet.
>>
>>54001225
Looking good, my bitter brother.
>>
>>54001225
Drill ye barrels
>>
Are there better options for caped models besides the B@C chaplain? I want something I can use legion shoulder pads on. Only other option seems to be Mk IV command set, which is alright, but the cape just lays across one shoulder.
>>
>>54000851
GW says "Deathshrouds" so it's canon now.
>>
>>54001405
>t. Girlname Goulding
>>
>>54001396
Anvil have some cloaks, some with fur too.

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Cloaks-and-Loincloths/Regal-Cloaks
>>
>>54001396
SM commander kit has a cape torso. Though it's only good for MkIV+ torsos that don't have cabling wrapping around the torso (GW MkIV, V and VI torsos mostly). Some SM character models have capes that could pass as 30k models, but don't know about their ability to take legion pads. Then there's what >>54001476 said with separate cloak pieces.
>>
>>54001476
Perfect
>>
File: 1494370963272.jpg (191KB, 811x530px) Image search: [Google]
1494370963272.jpg
191KB, 811x530px
>>54001597
Glad I could help!
>>
>>53997435
Gay, this copy's been edited.
>>
File: Laughing marvels.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing marvels.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>54001850
IW has the best banter :^)
>>
>>54001877
I wouldn't mind if it didn't say 'Shrunked'
>>
>>54001850
Wait till you get to the sex scene
>>
best legion best primarch no one is as perfect
>>
File: IMG_0298.png (4MB, 2620x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.png
4MB, 2620x1680px
>>54001014
>Only one.
I'm not sure that is correct, lesser forge worlds can be ruled by the Rank Archmagos, but major Forgeworlds have their own Fabricator General, who has several Archmagi at his disposal. An Archmagos is also not necessarily attached to any one Forgeworld, being a semi independant Operative of the Mechanicus.
>>
>>54002033
I deleted the epub already.
>>
File: Satarael.png (150KB, 240x439px) Image search: [Google]
Satarael.png
150KB, 240x439px
>>54002187
>An Planetary Governor is also not necessarily attached to any one planet, being a semi independant =whatever planetary governors are part of=
I was going to post that pic but I forgot. It says it right there: Archmagi are the rulers of the Forgeworlds. Even says how the gubernamental body is called the Archimandriture, conformed by the Archmagos and fellow Majoris and Ordinari Magi.
I will concede that some places may be different than others in this vast regular-sized galaxy, and we have examples of Archmagi ruling several forgeworlds and even having oathed Knight houses, as well as Archmagi (Dominus) being sent to the Crusade war effort like Satarael.
What I'm saying is, it's less than a dozen per FW, but instead you can probably count them with one hand and you'll still have some fingers left
>>54001161
>I assumed there'd be at least a few lesser Archmagi in the Synod
Maybe. I mean, as there are Planetary Governors so there are Governors Militant. Whatever the fluff you want, I'm sure we can find a solution. What were you trying to get?
>>
>>54002033
So they removed those bits or?
>>
>>54002412
Well, it says there's the Archimandrite, then some lesser Archmagi, then the Highs, then the standard Magi. I would expect maybe five others, if you had one for the major specializations? Genetor, Dominus, Macrotek, Malagra and a Foreign Office type like a Stataraga (Draykavac's rank) or Imperial Liaison like the chap from Titanicus.

They're not exactly Planetary Governors, since according to Bfleet Gothic they're also fleet commanders and the Reductor have them too, so they're more generic "Guild Grandmaster" types than politicians/rulers in the strictest sense IMO.

I was going for this being an event during the Heresy, where the players are attempting to swing the meet's decision on who the sector's Mechancium will support over to Emps while scrapping with Horus's boys trying to do the same - Malcador's agents, in this case. Hence there's an Archmagos from every Forge World, but I was wondering how many I would put in each retinue.
>>
>>54002650
>They're not exactly Planetary Governors, since according to Bfleet Gothic they're also fleet commanders and the Reductor have them too
They even call Satarael an "Archmagos Militant". This is still 40k, their version of a president is a dude with a power sword.
But maybe I was being too stiff. Let's say there can be one of each Archmagos per world, except only one would be THE Archimandrite, the overall ruler.
For the retinue, you could go with something akin to the Necron royal court, but you may add as many as you want. Especially if they are Magos Majoris instead of full arch magi.
Some even hold temporary and extraordinary offices, like the Holy Requisitioner.
>>
>>54000930
Why does he wear it?
>>
File: IMG_2851.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2851.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So how was everyone's Sunday. Finally got to some painting after priming these guys like last week, although I kept on making washes with my paints for some reason. So just to clear things up, when Duncan says two thin coats, how thin is a thin coat as mine were watery and you could see through it despite a light dab in my water pot, or is this common with abbadon black.
>>
>>54001225
They look good
>>
>>54001005
If AoS pricing is anything to go by their kits will be a tenner.
>>
>>54003467
It's normal for a thin coat to be a bit transparent. That's why you do multiple coats to build up the colour. If your paint is like a wash you're probably taking the thin your paints meme too far though.
>>
>>54003467
Ammo pouches and holsters look weird when you put them there
>>
>>54003467
It's actually 'hard' to get your paint thinned properly when you first start, even though it's objectively not a difficult physical procedure, hence all the THICC models.

You want to put your paint on a palette and add water to it and swish it around a bit until it's not globby and flows. But if it leaves water behind or is basically water with paint in it, add some more paint back in. It should stick to the model and actually dry quite quickly if it's thin, instead of kind of just sit on the model.

You can paint in one coat if you you get good at thinning but I don't recommend it as you get lazy and then end up obscuring some details and having to dab it back off and now you're just a mess.
>>
File: Sanguinius_siege_of_terra.jpg (494KB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius_siege_of_terra.jpg
494KB, 1131x1600px
>>54002068
You try to hard to make the regal armor fit you. You simply weren't born to wear it.
>>
>>54003865
Yeah I'll post my process tomorrow to see if you can obviously point out where I'm going wrong
>>
>>53989612
those are all unit rules or problems with complexity of multiple rules.7th was fucked because its a 25yr old Game that was shit to begin with
>>
>>54003034
Yeah, that works. I guess I shouldn't be expecting them to be
a) as common as they are on the tabletop
and b) as accustomed to war as they are there.
Kotov was quite overcome by all the slaughter IIRC, although he put up quite a decent show with his Phosphex-plasma pistol (WANT).
>>
Retardo quick check question here, if I take an allied Legion detachment and give them an HQ who has Master of the Legion, the detachment can then take a Rite of War for itself, right?
>>
>>54004273
Yes, and that allied detachment can take a RoW that forbids allies, but the RoW only affects that detachment, e.g. BA will not benefit from a S RoW
>>
>>54001277
My my, wouldmyou look at that robe and face? I am mighty tempted to make a Knight-Errant from that.
Artificer armor readily explains away the differing style, the cowl should be easy to get rid of and the size is a non-issue, since having larger-than-life heroes is pretty common.

Basically:
>get rid of cowl
>shave off the the chest skull and replace with the eagle-head from the cowl
>exchange force sword for force axe
>replace pauldrons
>smooth out belt buckle
>remove sigila sancta
Easy to do and should look fairly decent.
>>
>>54003928
It kinda saddens me that Sang will never look like this.
>>
>>54003928
imperfect vampire lord
>>
>>54004707
>Artificer armor readily explains away the differing style
By this logic you'd be fine with using mkVII or VIII because "artificer armour is just a different style".
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
>>54004740
I really hope we don't get the BL elderly tranny.

>>54004821
Slaanesh cocksleave
>>
File: IMG_2658.jpg (414KB, 1907x1158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2658.jpg
414KB, 1907x1158px
>>54003467
Wanted to basecoat my lovingly converted Haeteroi, set up everything properly, grabbed a new can of Retributor Gold, shook it, pressed the knob and watched in horror as globs of gold paint blasted in all directions. And continued to spray even after I let go of the button when my brain caught on, at which point I chucked the fucking thing in a nearby bucket and put another bucket over it.
Just finished cleaning up, now I am staring at the messed up models. Striping these fuckers will be fun...
>>
File: Primarch_Fulgrim.jpg (111KB, 575x570px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Fulgrim.jpg
111KB, 575x570px
>>54005016
slaanesh just made me more perfect

on a side note hot dam the
ultramarines invictarus suzerain squad is a sexy bunch to bad they have a ton of ultra toilets lids on em anyone convert these guys for another chapter?
>>
>>54005035
At least you've got about 80 other ones.
>>
>>54004985
Well, kinda? I mean, it's hardly ideal, but I could live with that explanation for artificer armor, especially if it's done for properly pimped-out heroes.
>>
>>54005111
Different guy, sorry. I only have 15 right now.
>>
>>54005098
>anyone convert these guys for another chapter?
>another chapter
>chapter
Reee ect ect.
>>54005161
Don't you know anon? Every Custode player owns exactly 90 of them.
>>
File: 1480787721059.jpg (304KB, 480x803px) Image search: [Google]
1480787721059.jpg
304KB, 480x803px
>>54005174
I was meaning for 40k but I gave up on them since the emperor's children legion still have the best flamboyant models
>>
>>54005616
forgot to ask eidolon is an hq and not a lord of war right id like him to lead my traitor EC legion for 30k
>>
>>54005616
A shame the actual tabletop models never look that good.
>>
>>54005650
if you paint them well they look decent though
>>
File: solomon demeter.jpg (344KB, 1576x1600px) Image search: [Google]
solomon demeter.jpg
344KB, 1576x1600px
>>54005650
It's certainly possible.
>>
>>54004041
>WANT
Nowadays what they can get is Phosphex-lite, aka phosphor. 40k Dominus loadouts are shit for someone who's supposed to have access to all the bits ever.
>Which pair of guns from the whole four you own are you bringing to battle, m'lord? Will you be using that fucking MAC-10 autogun for real?
>>
>>54006003
I often think that guy's stuff often looks like shit even though he's obviously highly technically skilled
>>
>>54006003
I like NMM, but I don't dig the high/low light on opposite places on opposite sides of the helm.
>>
File: DSCF1611.jpg (461KB, 1509x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1611.jpg
461KB, 1509x1600px
Are there any explicit canon examples or mentions of Emperor's Children loyalists post-Isstvan? They're my favourite pre-Heresy legion but I can't stand their whole drug-crazed lolsorandom shtick once they fall to Slaanesh.

>>54006674
>>54006700
He's definitely had some misses but I really like his style. It's like a 3D oil painting. Definitely doesn't appeal to everyone.

Pic related is one of my favourite Heresy models ever.
>>
>>54007529
It's that his metal can look like chipped stone or bent plastic.
>>
>>53997511
Hand over The Crimson King and Magnus: Master of Prospero in audiobook form and nobody gets hurt.
>>
>>54002412
It says the Archmagos Intendant is the rank of Planetary Governor, even though the name of the office differs between Forge Worlds. I don't know if it's on the same sheet, but somewhere it says the Archmagos is basically a Magos but with seniority in his field(on his forgeworld), which would be in accord with the general meaning of "Arch-Anything" in this case Magos, a Magos being an expert of his field, while the Archmagi are the senior scholars of their respective field, or multiple, in rare cases even all of them, if they are a Cawl ex Machina.
>>
>>54010235
so?
>>
>>54004707
Too bad he's bigger than normal dudes and will look weird.
>>
>>54000930
Wait, does the bottom left guy have mother fucking grenade-chucks with a long chain?!
>>
>>54010653
what so? I made the point that Archmagos does not equal Planetary Governor.
>>
>>54006571
Well, Kotov explicitly had a fancy pistol that shot Phosphex, not phosphor combined with the plasma bolt. Seems like a Reductor sidearm to me. Deploy two war crimes at once for combo bonuses.

I always wondered why GW is so much more autistic about conversions and options than Forge World. They must know it sells, but instead they make a new edition and chop out a bunch of options from everyone because they couldn't be bothered to write decent rules with it.

Personally since the Macrostubber is probably mostly fired in melee now I imagine it's just my Dominus pulling out a sawn-off shotgun and blasting some poor bastard with a mechadendrite. The 30k Magi have a suitable number of options for the faction, but now every large 40k Mech army is forced to take two or three pretty much identical Domini without even relics to vary them up.
>>
>>54011587
Considering the 40k codex, anything that shoots phosphor (triple Blaster Kastelans, Onagers, etc) probably used to shoot Phosphex. The Reductor Magos also comes stock with a cancer gun, so I could see them carrying questionable weaponry on their person.
>>
>>54011834
Good god, Triple Phosphex Kastelans would be horrific. 18 Phosphex shots that have some form of aim bonus and stick and cause additional hits, per robot.

I'm hoping eventually we'll get some rules for some other Reductor exotic weapons. Something like a corrosive bomb that applies debuffs to things might be cool, like a Large Blast that grants units it hits the Misfortune debuff where everything gets rending against them. You could have a Reductor Lord of War unit that's loaded up with Phosphex barrages, biological weapons, Lightning Cannon, all kinds of nonsense.
>>
File: 40kPrimarisCapReveal2.jpg (412KB, 920x981px) Image search: [Google]
40kPrimarisCapReveal2.jpg
412KB, 920x981px
would i be a bad person if i used this as a preator in artificer armour, de-aquila'd and maybe some armour bonding studs in places.
>>
File: notSatarael.png (5MB, 1439x1590px) Image search: [Google]
notSatarael.png
5MB, 1439x1590px
>>54011577
Ooh.
Well, it's not divorced from such a concept, though. They're leaders of their realm first and foremost, sometimes of Forgeworlds, sometimes their particular (or general) field of research, sometimes both. Not to mention in this setting it's not uncommon to see said leaders take arms and join the frontlines of the war effort, as seen with Satarael (Archmagos Militant), Draykavac (ruler of Cyclothrate), MaSade (retired Planetary Governor and SA General), Severus Agemann (Regent of Ultramar), Gabriel Alexander (Governor Militant) and Cawl (just what the fuck is he? Let's say research and logician in general).
It's one of the things, and while certainly not the only thing, the broad definition would be "they're the top authorities in their fields and realms". Do you disagree with this definition?
>>
>>54011939
Depends. Would you object to an opponent with a bunch of Night Lords tacticals in Mark7? If your answer is yes then you're a bad person. If you're answer is no you're a fucking casual and need to get out.
>>
File: back in the day.png (823KB, 425x962px) Image search: [Google]
back in the day.png
823KB, 425x962px
>>54011909
>I'm hoping eventually we'll get some rules for some other Reductor exotic weapons.
>You could have a Reductor Lord of War unit that's loaded up with Phosphex barrages, biological weapons, Lightning Cannon, all kinds of nonsense.
Oh believe me, I'm waiting on it. Been waiting so long already...
>ORDO REDUCTOR EXCLUSIVE SIEGE ENGINES, besides tonk-sized tonks.
At least the OR aren't wholly represented by a single LoW option like the Autokrator are, huh?
>>
>>54011939
Are we orks now, for whom authority and size are correlated?
>>
>>54012150
>what are Primarchs
>>
>>54012136
We need more Reductor stuff. A novel or something, or a section in a black book that just gives us a massive pile of Build-a-Bear Lord of War choices and such. Might have to crank up the restrictions though, probably ban Battle-automata entirely and such. I feel bad for the Biologis and the Baskilion and the minor cults and the Autokrator and all the rest you will never be able to build an army around, though you could fill the entire HH Series and then some with Mechanicum units and army variations so it's probably for the best they don't indulge our every whim. The Marine players would complain about not having enough toys, as usual.
>>
>>54012160
IMO, Primarchs should have been Space Marine sized, perfect human beings

them being 11ft tall giants just feels silly most of the time.
>>
>>54012265
Agreed. When did they become huge? I don't remember that in the old fluff.
>>
>>54012265
>>54012275
I don't know, I like them being xboxhueg. It's fun and somehow makes their overpowered demigod stunts a bit less jarring.

They also stand out better on a table.
>>
>>54012265
>>54012275
Which reminds me

>2.5 meters tall and at least 300 kilos
>not a single scene of them eating anything

Are they photosynthetic?
>>
File: Guilliman_Saviour.jpg (657KB, 1187x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman_Saviour.jpg
657KB, 1187x1646px
>>54012265
I've always pictured as "a head taller than marines" at best, 'cept for Mangus the rekt. Because of course humanity is ork now: Macharius and MaSade are the only smol mortals that have been able to accomplish something, because they were brutally kunning. Sturnn and Yarrick a bit as well, when we count kunningly brutal.
Also, bigness comes conveniently in exactly one feet increments in her Majesty's Imperial Units, because muh british gaeme :^)
Primarchs are probably around 7.5ft tall, only Magnus (and some say Mortarion and Vulkan) surpassing that.
Now that Primaris marines are involved, however, Primarchs are suddenly taller, because it's law that no imperial can be taller than a Primarch, other than the Emperor. Not even Valdor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPbdyZRY6s
And Daemon Magnus is the size of a Knight now. BTW pic related is at real scale :^)
>>
>>54012468
They do eat, and a lot of it apparently.
Perturabo, Horus and Sanguinius are described to drink from goblets the size of buckets.
>>
>>54012473
Well yeah, but head taller than a marine still means a regular Joe comes up only to their waist
>>
>>54012473
>Primarchs are probably around 7.5ft tall, only Magnus
Absolutely ridiculous considering that marines are described as giants that tower over mortals and Primarchs are described as towering over Astartes.
>>
>>54012468
>not a single scene of them eating anything
Eldrad throws a banquet for Fulgrim to warn him about Chaos or Horus in 'Fulgrim'.
>>
>>54012508
>>54012473
Also look at UE cover, the adepts only come up to Sang's waist
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_Imperial_Fists color.jpg (242KB, 1080x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_Imperial_Fists color.jpg
242KB, 1080x1503px
>>54012508
>Absolutely ridiculous considering that marines are described as giants that tower over mortal
6'1" vs 5'10", man. Astartes are 7', you think that isn't towering by itself? I was genuinely surprised when I found Comey is over 2 meters tall. He's almost a foot taller than me, and he's still a mortal. And in HH1 EC exemplary battle, the Kataran abhumans are described to be even taller than marines yet move with unnaturally grace, and their champion manages to draw first blood against Abdemon, champion of the Emperor's Children.
I say a difference of half a foot is difference enough that they can stand out among their marines.
>>54012533
>UE cover
>Being even worse at bodily measurements than the whole Kopinski incident
>Canon
Anon plz
>>
File: IMG_9782.jpg (81KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9782.jpg
81KB, 800x680px
>>54012533
>>54012548
The UE cover can maybe be handwaved as artistic license but look at the models themselves. Once you take away the extra height from the base Lorgar is still almost twice as tall as the marine and he wasn't even one of the big Primarchs. If that marine is 7ft tall (a conservative number) then Lorgar is easily 12ft.
>>
>>54012505
I'd say between their shoulder and elbow. Pic related doesn't feel so out of place unless you're a reformed 8ft fag
>>54012553
They're lords of war. Would you really want tiny models to scale that would be contested by Chadmaris and Custodes instead of them being centerpieces? Arguably, models themselves could also be handwaved as artistic license.
>>
File: IMG_9781.jpg (247KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9781.jpg
247KB, 1200x900px
>>54012575
>Arguably, models themselves could also be handwaved as artistic license.
They're the best source of sizes we have. FW has clearly and objectively shown how big the Primarchs are in comparison to everything else. Official art is a poor source since it's everywhere like your pic and UE's cover. The models themselves are the be all end all.

Here's Vulkan being the big guy he is.
>>
>>54012575
That's what I was saying

>regular 'umie comes up to SM chest
>regular SM comes up to Primarch chest
>therefore 'umie comes up to approximately primarch's chest

But then you have Alpha lanklet faggots with their manlet primarch, as well as oddities like Pollux
>>
>>54012121
>If you're answer is no you're a fucking casual and need to get out.
Says the casual.

It s warhammer, we all casuals. Thats part if the point.
>>
File: oral while standing.jpg (51KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
oral while standing.jpg
51KB, 480x478px
>>54012598
>Any kind of remembrancer (mini modeller, graphic artist, writer) being objective instead of taking artistic liberties out of the ass and subjectivising the shit out of reality due to their bias
It all depends on what kind of cool aid you want to drink, anon. I like to start from 7' and work my way from there.
>>54012600
Polux was bigg?
ALso, there's also the theory Alpha marines are sometimes that big because their primarch was going to be the biggest but got bisected by the portal
>Where?
HH3
>>
>>54012638
Yep, polux was described as being the size of a primarch, and that's not even in terminator armor
>>
>>54012638
It's a model game first and foremost. In my opinion the models themselves are the best source when there's no hard data. I think you're lowballing them pretty hard.

>was going to be the biggest but got bisected by the portal
So if you cut Primarchs in half they double?
>>
>>54012701
>mfw dorn unleashed Sigmarius when he cut Alpharius' head in two

V has come to...
>>
File: Mortarion's armour.png (798KB, 884x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion's armour.png
798KB, 884x768px
>>54012701
>In my opinion the models themselves are the best source when there's no hard data
Reminder that because of the model Mortarion was drawn without his trademark rebreather, just because the modeller didn't feel like giving him one.
So canon.
All drawings are canon. Ferrus can either look like a giant with a collar of spires on his armour, as depicted by Blanche, or like vampire Guts as depicted by whoever drew the cover of the Ferrus novel. It's the most subjective thing you'll ever find.
>So if you cut Primarchs in half they double?
If you have the technology to rebuild them, yes.
>>
File: 1498567341350s.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498567341350s.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
>>54012737
>>54012738
Haha you really screwed up this time Fulgrim!
>>
>>54012738
>So canon.
That's different because Mortarion has been explicitly established as often wearing a rebreather. All the model does is show him in a moment where he doesn't have it. It doesn't retcon anything. The exact size of the Primarchs has never been stated so the models are all we have to measure.
>>
Speaking of Primarch models, I'm thinking about starting to play Word Bearers, because I like the OTT metal style (when done right) and everyone at my LGS plays Loyalists and Loyalist Traitor Legions, so I want to have a cackling villain army, with clouds of Furies and a Herald of each god leading themed Gal Vorbak squads ahead of marching Tactical blobs and rolling Vindicators.

Is Lorgar worth bringing along? It seems I'm paying a lot for the weakest melee Primarch plus some unreliable psyk.

If he is any good, can you repose the model to look less depressed? I was thinking about using his scenic base to have him floating along on his leviatated rock, arms upraised as he inspires the faithful. He'd be going with a team of Gal Vorbak sans transport using Levitate. The standard pose just looks so boring, even if it's not quite as silly as Ferrus constantly spinning around Night Goblin Fanatic style.
>>
>>54012837
He's good with powers. If you are not going to pay the extra 100points he's not worth it. Of course he can be reposed, look around in the internet. I think someone in battlebunnies did some reposing with him
>>
>>54012876
Yeah, of course he's rocking the awesome red armour. I guess all Primarchs cost a daunting number of points, upgraded or not. The various Primarch models look pretty monopose in the pictures, but I guess rotating the arms upward wouldn't be the hardest conversion in the world.
>>
File: height.jpg (41KB, 536x392px) Image search: [Google]
height.jpg
41KB, 536x392px
>>54012810
You realize the whole truescale meme started because miniatures are a shit source for actual scale, right? Height in 40k is an unreliable meme, if you want to run a rule of three with some minis and a ruler, that's up to you, anon.
>>
>>54012986
Bigger bases and straight legs help marines look bigger than cadians and cultists. Primaris are a mistake Nudeathguard looks cool though
>>
>>54013051
>Primaris are a mistake
The only mistake that was made regarding Primaris is that manlet marines weren't completely replaced.
>>
>>54013051
>Primaris are a mistake
At least we can agree on that one.
>>
>>54013051
Primaris are aces, it's just their fluff justification is dubious. They should just have replaced the entire line with these. (though obviously that can't be done in any reasonable manner without people getting mad for invalidating their armies)
>>
>>54012598
>The models themselves are the be all end all.

So Marines barely taller than average humans, people have giant heads and hands, marines can't fit into their tanks, etc.?
>>
>>54013140
It's now canon
t. Goulding
>>
>>54013095
>manlet marines weren't completely replaced.
Oh, just you wait.
>>54013125
>Their fluff justification is dubious.
Mainly this. They had to pull an ex machina to get them.
>>
>>54012986
>>54013140
Fair enough, although those examples are pretty minor and the new kits have more coherency. I just think it's ridiculous to say that the Primarchs are only 6 inches taller than a marine when the models are literally 150%-200% their height. Artistic license can only excuse so much.
>>
>>54013175
>Mainly this. They had to pull an ex machina to get them.
It's so bizarre. GW could have said
>Mark X aka Primaris is just a new armor mark
and left it at that. Maybe talk about how Cawl jammed some new equipment in there so it's bulkier. The scale creep has been going on for ages I don't know why they shied away with it for Astartes.
>>
>>54013225
more inportantly, it's not like they'll keep making new regular marine models. In time primarines will be the only marines represented in the lore, and it will come back to bite them in the ass later.

Already the whole Cawl-Primarines-Roboute angle is creating more problems and drama in the lore than it's worth.
>>
>>54013245
>Cawl-Primarines-Roboute angle is creating more problems and drama in the lore than it's worth

Personally I'm neutral on the Primaris Marines, but I hate what they've done to Cawl's character. He was this outwardly cool, calm and collected Archaotech specialist with a mission but beating himself up internally over his failures to the point his withdrawal of information almost got him shot, he was a superb first Mechanicus character with actual development and the best thing out of Gathering Storm.

Now though, they reverted all their good work and turned him into Guilliman and the author's Deus Ex Machina Sanctioned Heretek Loyalist , and face of the Mechanicus Faction author-wise despite him being a radical beyond radicals.
>>
>>54013357
>Personally I'm neutral on the Primaris Marines,
personall, I hate them, they take away everything that's been special about Marines and leave them in a ridiculous limbo. The "Emperors finest" were turned into second rate jobbers. Uprooting a decade of lore to sell models.
>>
>>54013140
its called abstraction
>>
>>54013140
Cadians aren't FW, if you take FW models, hell even older models like the Steel Legion, the heads and hands are more suitable.
>>
>>54013482
There is FW cadians.
>>
>>54013497
they didn't design them originally, they only created upgrades for them
>>
>>54013384
Personally I don't give a damn about normal Marines either unless they're cool characters or armies with cool gimmicks, their overwanked and continuous plot armour just makes them exceedingly dull spotlight stealers who get shoehorned in everywhere. Perhaps the Primaris will give the Marines a taste of how it feels, in which case more power to them.

On 30k, things seem a lot more reasonable - Marines get taken down by ordinary mortals, although of course they're never allowed to actually lose. I'm a Word Bearers fan, with a persistent liking for Imperial Fists too, but I'd like them just as much if there were otherwise ordinary men in those power armour suits.
>>
>>54013587
that is beside the point. They are in a shitty position now, while Primaris were supposed to be EVEN BETTER Marines, they basically turned existing marines into "Not quite good enough".

And if anything, HH lore of "100 Marines can take a Planet" is working the astartes shaft harder than anything in 40k did.
>>
>>54013201
>Artistic license can only excuse so much.

FW and BL literally can't stop sucking primarch dick. Drinking your own kool-aid is never a good thing.
>>
File: leg-day.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
leg-day.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
>>54013453
So models are, at the same time, totally accurate in scale and abstractions?

>>54013482
If you want to just use FW models, then all marines skipped leg day.
>>
>>54013735
except mk3 (best mk). I also only use terminators(cataphractii).
>>
>>54013670
Yeah, I've not yet given up bitching about Games Workshop's utter lack of a sense of scale. It would take about ten minutes of googling and basic maths to work out you need at least a million or so guys to deal with an entire planet, and precision strikes are not magical war-ending bullshit because the enemy is allowed to defend his shit and move to attack yours rather than sit there and be picked apart like a secondary school Biology dissection.

And the only lore we have about Primaris is their dedicated modelwank novel, their rules are meh and there's only about one Legion's worth of them IIRC. To non-Marine players that I've asked just see them as another SM unit with some janky design and fluff like the Dreadknight.

>>54013714

Also this. Remember when Angron and Lorgar tanking a Plasma Blastgun and holding up the Titan (somehow without being pressed neatly into the ground 'cause dirt isn't as tough as Primarch) was considered bullshit character wank? Now we have Sangy punching out Titans and surviving direct hits and nobody bats an eyelid. Sodding power inflation, they're all somehow unbeatable generals as well as unbeatable fighters. Someday I hope someone like MaSade or Scoria or Kelbor is going to beat the shit out of one and the tears will be delicious.
"Demigods shouldn't die to some cogfucker with no arms" is what I recall the local NL player saying when I popped Curze with Myrmidons.
>>
>>54013806
>Now we have Sangy punching out Titans and surviving direct hits and nobody bats an eyelid. Sodding power inflation, they're all somehow unbeatable generals as well as unbeatable fighters.
well, everyone safe Guilliman, for some reason he jobs to everything he faces, from making poor strategic and tactical choices in his own novel, and basically any other 30k material he appears in, he also jobs to an Ork Warlord, Kor Phaeron, 5 Alpha Legionaires and Lorgar of all people. He had his throat cut twice by normal marines, his life only being saved by the talk-no-jutsu
>>
>>54013840
>everyone
>forgetting about Leman "just fuck my shit up, senpai" Russ

It's ok, he's kind of forgettable.
>>
>>54013929
I actually, unironically forgot about that Jobmaster.

>Executioner of the Emperor
>didn't successfully execute anyone ever
>>
>>54013806
>Remember when Angron and Lorgar tanking a Plasma Blastgun and holding up the Titan (somehow without being pressed neatly into the ground 'cause dirt isn't as tough as Primarch) was considered bullshit character wank?
Oh come on, that was cool. The Primarchs are supposed to be able to pull off absurd feats. Angron going full Hercules was rad. You can handwave the realism away with his latent psykery. Lorgar is the third strongest psyker in the galaxt so it's reasonable that his kine shields blocked the worst of the damage.

>>54013984
If the Space Wolves only had one successor in the Second Founding does that mean they only had 2000 marines left at the end of the Heresy?
>>
>>54014045
That was legitimately kinda cool, but doesn't really fit with Vulkan getting his head splattered by a Shuriken pistol. They get just enough power to beat whatever they happen to be fighting aside from another Primarch or they'll be Deus Ex Machinaed out from under the knife because plot, which makes them incredibly boring for anyone not just watching the stomp. It also prevents the other Horus Heresy factions from getting shit done because any legitimately clever heroes and villains spend the entire time jobbing to or bitching down to Primarchs, and we know what happens to all of them anyway, there's no consequences on the line for the heroes even by HH standards.
>>
>>54014045
After the furry fuckery of Yarant, most likeky
>>
>>54013806
Betrayal was well written and that scene was actually quite fun to read, as you've already read so far that people can be brought back to life
>>
>>54013984
>>54013984
>>54013840
>forgetting about Ferrus "lol I'm not even in this series" manus

Even Russ and guilliman have some moments.

Ferrus just gets his head cut off
>>
>>54014545
It doesn't fit because Abnett doesn't play ball when it comes to continuity. He expects other authors to yield to his ideas if they don't want inconsistencies, because he's gonna do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>54014607
not as bad because he got killed by fulgrim. He wasn't beaten by a mere first captain and some marines
>>
>>54012468
>they have no known food source, they simply swallow humans and then after a while throw their mangled corpses up
>>
>>54012488
>pertuabo
>not a castle size goblet to feed that fat fuck
>>
>>54014612
But abnett, McNeil and Swallow are the best writers
ADB is good but you see to much projection in his work
>>54014689
>getting killed by a girl
>denied paradise with allah
Explain how that is good
>>
Why the fuck are people discussing Primaris? They've literally got zero to do with 30k.
>>
>>54014754
Because they look cool, just like how we took grey knight heads into our DA armies
>>
>>54014727
McNeil hasn't been any good for half a decade. He's comfortably in the bottom half of the writers now. Mighty no more.
>>
>>54014754
because the implication of their very existance causes waves in the fluff that affect even the HH.
>>
>>54014727
Swallow is good enough to keep the Knights Errant storyline going. That's it. McNeil has complete and total shit since ATS and has been riding that book and Storm of Iron forever. Everything else he's done has either been complete shit, or worse, contradicting of significantly better works, aka Crimson King. I would be very happy to see him gone from BL. Abnett is basically on complete "phone it in" mode.

You're living in 2008.
>>
>>54014785
>>54014850
If we're being selective does that also make Gav Thrope a good writer as half his sentences are well written

All I want is bolter porn and subtle racism in 30k, and that's what McNeil and abnett do
>>
>>54014969
No one's being selective. McNeil's old books were good. His new books are shit. Thus nowadays McNeil is shit. It doesn't help that newer authors like Haley, French, and Fehervari are just straight up better writers than he is.
>>
>>54015211
>Haley
Yes
>French
Only IF, shits on everyone else
>fehervari
Don't know
>>
>>54015366
For French, read the Ahriman series.
For Fehervari, read Fire Caste and Genestealer Cult. I don't give a fuck that they're not 30k.
>>
>>54015366
>He makes them look like bad people so I don't like them.

Plus Grey Angel, and the Tallarn stories have all been pretty great.
>>
>>54015211
>guy Haley
Alright
>French
Liked the decimation can't remember much else
>feaver
Literally who
>>
>>54015366
I would've added Wraight as well, but it tends to lead to a lot of assblasted Wolf fans screeching about Battle of the Fang.
>>
>>54015481
No, he makes them look like incompetent people so I don't like them
>>
>>54015533
Iron Warriors are incompetent. Especially in void warfare. And especially against an enemy who specializes in void warfare AND when they think they're fighting Sigismund.
>>
>>54015593
And alpha legion in PoD?
>>
File: SoS_3.jpg (121KB, 650x357px) Image search: [Google]
SoS_3.jpg
121KB, 650x357px
>>54013225
>The scale creep has been going on for ages I don't know why they shied away with it for Astartes.
They hadn't really; Deathwatch and the new 40k Thousand Sons Rubric Marines were pretty tall. I wish they had just kept doing that, I guess they didn't want to keep redesigning the same minis forever.
>>
>>54015593
>incompetent in void war
>pertuabos section does amazing against the African American Supreme Court of justice
>>
>>54015723
It's not they're tall it's the pose is different
>>
>>54014045
>The Primarchs are supposed to be

Generals of the space marine legions. Everything else was just myth and legend built around them for the next 10,000 years. Then the people who drank the kool-aid as kids (or who wrote super-hero comics) got to make their waifus into a reality. It's similar to how Imperial tanks went from jury-rigged industrial equipment with guns to "these were totes badass tanks during the DAoT, you guys."
>>
>>54014045
Their current chapter exceeds 1k tho
>>54016500
Why can't we love both the old and the new but not the nu of course
>>
>>54016942
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/26/a-new-rulebook-for-the-horus-heresy/
Also you can build army lists on the website now
>>
>>54017323
Just says USR that we use stay in but ATSKNF is removed, and aegis defence line rules are removed
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/26/a-new-rulebook-for-the-horus-heresy/

Pretty much no actual rules changes apparently, so they just shuffled shit around.
>>
>>54017323
>>54017369
This legit made it hard to breathe for me. Fucking Fail World...
>>
>>54017351
>>54017369
They better have clarified multibombing.
>>
>>54017519
Everyone who spoke to FW people at the last Open Day/Weekender said it was going to be little more than a reprint of 7th ed. It’s not something they planned on doing, just a stopgap measure after Alan Bligh’s cancer got worse and killed him. That has obviously delayed the transition to 8th (which is something Bligh intended to do).
>>
>>54017523
It'll be a massive copypaste job and you know it.
>>
>>54017369
That's a shame, but at least a stopgap is better than the massive hiatus I was expecting.
>>
>>54017614

A copypaste job that will somehow manage to introduce loads of mistakes and typos.

>>54017582

Doesn't really matter. GW is a large, publicly listed company, which has recently announced that it will post record sales growth and profits in the upcoming annual report. They have more than enough resources to deal with a problem like this and hire in new people to work on it. The death of a single member of staff, even an enormously important one, should not be sufficient to derail an entire product line. Now they risk seeing HH give up all the gains they made with the boxed sets and then some. Somebody should have realised that it's not a question of whether they can handle the job of transitioning to 8th promptly, it's that they can't afford not to.
>>
>>54017582
>FW puts out 7e rulebook to make up for GW no longer selling it
>8e rules are coming in the future

It's almost like somebody called it the moment the announcement was made, despite the "nuh-uh, 30k's totes gon be 7e 4evar!"
>>
>>54017935
If you want to rage at them for fucking up and not having redundancy built into the HH design team and timetable in case their lead designer and writer suddenly was permanently absented right when he was about to start converting all the game rules, that's your right.
However it doesn't change that being what happened, and we just have to deal with it, ideally without sounding like unpleasant cunts and making the atmosphere in the community noxious.
I've already read some people taking the 'GW is lying to you' line about them saying a guy dying fucked our schedule, here's a stopgap till we catch back up.
I mean, GW have been and continue to be dodgy lying bastards, but I don't think they'd go that far.
>>
>>54018117
Hello ADB my old friend, I've come to talk to you again...
>>
>>54018208
Well it sounds like you're hunched at your computer slowly jerking yourself off dude, but sure, hit me with your no-doubt not unreasonable viewpoint on the subject.
>>
>>54018117
>no matter what geedubs does you just have to roll over and beg for more nerd :^)
>>
>>54018117

I don't think that GW are dodgy lying bastards, the new management style has been very successful and properly engaged the community. I don't doubt for a minute that Bligh dying threw an almighty fucking spanner in the works, and by the sounds of things it came at least a bit unexpectedly, but his illness was clearly getting in the way of delivering Inferno. GW are not a tiny outfit operating from someone's garage, they're a half-a-billion-dollar company. Bodging out some stopgap rules doesn't seem like the proper thought through response to a crisis that a business on that scale ought to be capable of, and it's most annoying because it will directly harm HH as a game.
>>
>>54017935
I don't know what goes on inside GW, but it kind of looks like they keep FW at arm's length. On the plus side, that means FW acts with the freedom and nimbleness of a small company. The downsides are that they don't always seem to know what GW is doing and, well, they're small, and can't deal well with problems. I'm going to assume that Inferno was delayed and still full of errors because Alan Bligh was going through chemo - even if it seemed to be working at the time (his cancer only got bad a couple of weeks before his death, apparently), it makes it hard to work.

My understanding only goes so far - it's absurd that they never issued a FAQ after the red books came out a year ago, or gave any comments about the 40k FAQ that banned multibombing other than "Use the 40k rules," or issued an errata after Inferno came out. They won't even acknowledge that those questions exist. Likewise, they could just tell us, "hey, we're having trouble dealing with this loss so give us a few weeks to decide what to do," and a few weeks later, "okay, we're keeping 7th for no less than a year, which we'll support in the meantime with a rulebook. Expect a transition after that year/ At six months we'll decide whether to move to 8th and if we do, it'll happen after a year."

We're not a huge community. We should be able to handle that kind of communication better than the larger and more restive 40k community, yet GW's the one doing a good job of it.
>>
>>54018117
>If you want to rage at them for fucking up and not having redundancy built into the HH design team and timetable in case their lead designer and writer suddenly was permanently absented right when he was about to start converting all the game rules, that's your right

Bligh had cancer for at least half a year, and had health problems even before that, seeing how Inferno was delayed.

They should've been ready to some degree
>>
>>54018334
>didn't get cussed at
Genuinely higher quality than I was expecting.
>>54018363
Not disagreeing with this at all, although the GW teams are somewhat smaller than one may expect for a well-off company, are rather oddly hived off into sub-divisions that don't work together (FW in particular have very low contanct with the main GW design team) and until recently, have been slow to move. No-one really understands why FAQs were not issued, for example.
They clearly had to make a choice about 8th ed quickly, and it may not have been a well-made choice at the time and may prove to be a bad one as you say; I mean, they managed to send a mixed message and had to clarify it, so I could believe they still weren't clear on it as recent as that time.
>>54018487
Well they obviously weren't, so feel free to complain about it if you like.
>>
>>54018300
Tbh I'm not the same anon you're arguing with - I'm not even sure you're actually ADB. I just thought your posts read a lot like what he usually writes on other forums, including using the word "dude" a lot.

But alright:
I'm feeling somewhat disappointed with the changes to both 40K and 30K. I don't think GW are lying cunts, I think the new leadership has quite successfully turned to company around and are making good progress on winning back the trust of the community, what with releasing boxes that are actually good value and reviving a bunch of specialist games I never got to try before they were removed.

However, 7E is a mess and I think a number of things about HH could be changed/slimmed down to improve the game while still keeping it 7E. I especially dislike their choice of writing down some of the special rules but not all of them, especially since a large part of the deal about 8E is to slim the game down.

Frankly I dislike how FW deal with questions as a whole. They could and in my opinion should learn to either write clearer rules or clarify when asked about weird stuff.

If you actually ARE ADB, then understand that I realise you're pissed off about how people treat Bligh's death, but calm down man. >>54018208 is a reference to a song, nothing more.
>>
File: Sharkversor.png (31KB, 705x423px) Image search: [Google]
Sharkversor.png
31KB, 705x423px
>>53986813
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/06/cape_warned_of_shark_boom_video
>>
TO everyone bitching about 7th ed
You should have made friends with the people you game with
You can do homerules if you wish to edit 7th or try 8th, nothing stopping you doing that
But HH was made primarily for fluffy players, just like the rest of FW is, so don't whine like tournie fags, but if you accompany every post with YOUR well painted DUDES
>>
>>54018723
>he says without accompanying his post with well painted dudes
>>
>>53989197
Well imo the worst part about 7th, ruleswise, is the magic phase (and how you cant stop it.) Really I thought the release schedual was absolutely terrible, and much too quick
>>
File: 1466678234931.gif (154KB, 561x583px) Image search: [Google]
1466678234931.gif
154KB, 561x583px
>>54017323
The more time it passes, the more I think staying in 7E(+0.5) is a mistake.
>>
>>54019555
I stared at that pic for a whole minute, waiting for it to move.
>>
>>54019612
>tfw it's a pic of you staring at a pic of you.
So meta :^)
>>
One defense of 7th that I've seen is that it's a little more paper-scissors-rock than 8th, which forces variety in your lists. You can't just take, say, autocannons or plasma weapons and wound heavy vehicles on a 5+, you NEED units specifically for taking on AV14. Likewise with fliers and 2+ armor.

I think a lot of people overstate the "everything can kill everything" nature of 8th, but there's some truth to it. You don't want to use bolters against a Land Raider, but weapons with good AP and strength that isn't doubled by the target's toughness are decent. Heavy weapons only get a -1 to hit if they move - that's another layer of forgiveness.

The greater movement rates in 8th could be good for a more tactical feel... more importance to maneuver - but maybe not because you don't gain much from outflanking the enemy (not talking about the 7th ed rule Outflank, just the concept in general). Not that 7th ed was terribly tactical. I think that's pretty difficult at this scale.
>>
>>54020007
True, some tactics are now extremely dumbed down or non existent, and template weapons are KEKED to death alongside anti air flamers, meaning you want your units packed in a death ball for line of sight, aura and charge purposes, while a battlecannon aimed to 50 bunched up conscripts kills like three dudes only.
But at least weapons are not "either adequate or absolutely useless" now, especially with power swords. And marines, while still heavily armoured, now better do tactical decisions and stick to cover: gone the the days of tanking Autocannons to the face.
>>
>>54016500
>It's similar to how Imperial tanks went from jury-rigged industrial equipment with guns to "these were totes badass tanks during the DAoT, you guys."
They were never supposed to be jury-rigged industrial equipment* and the Baneblade was never a light tank. That's all fanwank that's taken hold in the public consciousness.

*The Siegfried being an explicit exception
>>
>>54020512
I think people calling the Baneblade a light tank equate heavy/superheavy tank = lots of armour and guns = better than less.

Obviously a humongous thing like a Baneblade isn't a light tank.
>>
File: pert.jpg (302KB, 1141x586px) Image search: [Google]
pert.jpg
302KB, 1141x586px
>>
>>54020747
Do you think it ever gets annoying never being able to get out of your armor?
>>
>>54020852
Those aren't tubes, they're ringlets, Perty will take them out and wow us with his fantastic curly hair at Terra.
>>
>>54020852
Why don't you head somewhere else Ferrus? People think your dudes are our dudes anyway
>>
>>54020852
>Wanting to ever step outside your armor
Literally why?
And yes, I sleep fully clothed.
>>
>>54020615
No, it was people's fancanon.
The pred was the mainstay tank, the landraider an escort, baneblades and larger were BOLOs, manned by AIs.
>>
I'm just getting into 30k (Iron warriors) after flirting with wmh since fantasy blew up , I really like the forge world knights, are any of them any good?
>>
>>54020903
You change clothes every so often right?
>>
>>54021015
if my clothes fed me, allowed me to tactically shit my pants and gave me a 3++ then damn right I would never change my clothes
>>
My take on primarch heights out of armor.

7 feet: the average height of a space marine, as per GW decree.

7-8 feet: big-ass marines like Abaddon, Alexis Polux, or Pasanius - every once in awhile you get a fuckhuge dude out of space marine creation. Pasanius in particular was noted as needed a suit of armor custom-built from terminator scrap. The early members of the Alpha Legion were noted as being specially engineered to be this big so that they could pass as…

8 feet: Alpharius Omegon. The smallest of the primarchs, the twins are still bigger than the average space marine, but with a bit of trickery and the occasional squeeze into a different set of armor, the illusion can be made to work.

8-9 feet: Angron and Lorgar. Lorgar is routinely noted as being one of the smallest primarchs, and in Forge World’s rules both he and Angron are considered Bulky (rather than Very Bulky). Angron, being the Wolverine of the primarchs, is one of the smallest - his ungodly terrible rearing probably has something to do with it. In bare feet, they’re as big as a set of terminator armor.
1of2
>>
>>54020512
>"Fighting vehicles often look like tractors and prime movers because that's exactly what they were copied from!"
-Rogue Trader rulebook, pg. 272

Get. Fucked.
>>
9-10 feet: Roboute Guilliman, Fulgrim, Konrad Curze, Corvus Corax, Perturabo, Rogal Dorn. The two statesmen, the two ninjas, and the two architects. Perturabo makes himself look bigger because the Logos is basically a hyper-customized set of terminator armor. These are the guys who tend to command from the back or else prefer to fight one-on-one. In bare feet they’re as big as a set of cataphractii terminator armor.

10-11 feet: Leman Russ, Lion El’Jonson, Ferrus Manus, Horus, Mortarion, Jaghatai Khan, and Sanguinius. The Wreck-It Ralphs of the Imperium of Man. The guys who dive wholesale into the frontline and tear shit up like it’s going out of style. The guys who, maybe they dabble in some statecraft and hobby work, but mostly they exist to kick the living shit out of humanity’s enemies. Horus usually looks taller because he wears a badass set of terminator armor.

~12 feet: Vulkan and Magnus Vulkan is specifically noted as being ‘as tall in his armor as Horus is in his terminator armor.’ The dude is massive. Magnus, the largest of all the primarchs, is so fuckhuge that he’s routinely depicted as wearing a breastplate without sleeves because early lore stated that he’s so huge that he couldn’t be fitted for a set of power armor. These guys tower over normal space marines. In bare feet, they can probably look a dreadnought in the eyes.

2of2
>>
>>54021108
I've been looking for that source forever! Thanks for the reference
>>
>>54020960
Yes, it's hard to go wrong. If anything, the Lancer and Castigator are the harder ones to find roles for - they're still good, but the Lancer's too specialized and the Castigator's a little too generalist. The Acheron's good against tanks, Styrix against 3+ armored dudes, and I don't know if marine lists can take the Atropos and Porphyrion.

1 or 2 are fine. 3+ starts drawing accusations of cheese.
>>
>>54021150
>10-11 feet: Leman Russ, Jaghatai Khan
In the end of Path of Heaven they have a staredown and it is stated that the Khan is significantly taller than Russ, but also a lot leaner.
>>
>>54021108
But anon, nothing except literally the last thing GW released is canon. :^)
>>
>>54021261
>I don't know if marine lists can take the Atropos and Porphyrion.
War Machine Detachment LOW choice says you can take 1-2 of anything from the Knight list as part of your Legion army. Those two are on the knight list. They're fine.
>>
>>54021336
It's almost like I was comparing old fluff to new fluff, isn't it?
>>
>>54021261
Cool, well that's good to know. If I wanted to bring some AdMech dudes what would I want? I like a fluffier list for 30k, but I also don't want to buy crap
>>
>>54021052
This. Full environmentally sealed plate would probably have systems to deal with all kinds of bodily waste.
>>54021015
Of course I bathe daily. I mean, I just use my regular clothes as pajamas as opposed to people who use actual pajamas or sleep in the nude, just because I'm comfortable with clothes.
>>
>>54015908
It's both. Deathwatch and Thousand Sons models are physically larger than baseline marines and they also stand up straighter. 1KS Rubrics are almost the size of Primaris.
>>
File: IMG_2620.jpg (743KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.jpg
743KB, 1536x2048px
So in Master of Mankind it was stated that Custodes cover up their bionics to be perceived as perfect in balance and nature.

How weird would it be to have a Custode with a bionic arm showing??
>>
File: Lord-Constantin-Valdor.jpg (143KB, 1000x935px) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Constantin-Valdor.jpg
143KB, 1000x935px
>>54021593
>Custodes cover up their bionics

Hmm...
>>
>>54003928
I want Sanguinius to come with a helmet ever so badly
>>
>>54021472
Iron Warriors and knights are strong, so if you add in an allied detachment of the most optimal Mechanicum units you might end up with an overpowered army (or you can try the Brethren of Iron rite of war). Vulturax and Secutarii with haywire guns (I forget the name) in an Arvus are basically OP. Domitars are underpowered/overcosted, and that includes Iron Circle automata in the Iron Warriors list. Castellax, Thralls with eviscerators, Thallax, and Vorax are great fun.
>>
File: Heights world leaders.jpg (92KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
Heights world leaders.jpg
92KB, 1000x535px
>>54021095
It depends on what your definition of "towering" is, anon. For most it's apparently a full feet of difference, but at mere half feet of difference, when your eyes reach the other guy's jaw, that's still enough distance to cause an impression.
Just place Obama here among a squad of Churchills and think about whether or not 6'1" towers over 5'6"
>>
>>54021472
Taghmata is vanilla admech, you get unrestricted access to the most stuff (barring a couple of units) but no specific buffs. Taghmata players are level headed pragmatists, they recognise that a strong force a balanced approach to warfare.

Cybernetica is all about beep-boops, you get longer ranged robot control plus cool "not psychic" powers that affect robots and tanks. Cybernetica players are the cool kids and heretics of the setting, they don't care about rules and would much rather spend their time building robot waifus and bodyguards than fighting a war. They have S5 AP2 D3 wound weapons that that ignore FNP and IWND.

Reductor are nomad siege specialists of the mechanicum, I think Reductor is a pretty cool guy. Eh destroys fortresses and doesnt afraid of terrain. Reductor players are the Columbine school shooters of the Horus Heresy, when a force org allows you to take 12 medusa and 2 Ordinatii you don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>54021628
Bionics means replacement limbs or eyes and such, not implants.
>>
File: IMG_2623.jpg (137KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2623.jpg
137KB, 873x627px
How do you guys equip your Siege Breakers? I'm torn on what I want to do.
>>
>>54021711
>Bionic implants: Implants come in all shapes and sizes, from memory upgrades for the brain to implant weapons. Some of the more esoteric are listed below. The Tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus are infamous for making use of extensive bionic implants, and some of the more exotic ones they create are used solely by them. This list is by no means exhaustive.
>>
File: Height Mr Initialman.jpg (54KB, 1017x608px) Image search: [Google]
Height Mr Initialman.jpg
54KB, 1017x608px
>>54021150
>breastplate without sleeves because early lore stated that he’s so huge that he couldn’t be fitted for a set of power armor.
Awww come the fuck on. As if they couldn't just build bigger, artificer armour powered sleeves. Titans are a thing, so there's no excuse. Give him a Knight Erran handme down :^)
The figures pictured here are
>7.5 ft
>7 ft
>5.10 ft
>9 ft
>8 ft
In my very personal opinion, there isn't a need of an extreme difference in heights to cause a powerful impression on who's towering who.
>>54021320
No way! All Numbered mistakes 'cept for a few have totally standarized height, that must be :^)
>>
>>54021680
Iranlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>54021790
Don't Fucking nitpick.

Anon is asking if bionic LIMBS and EYES would look weird.
>>
>>54021593
You answered your own question. It'd be weird. It'd only happen if the armor plate had been blown off, imo.

>>54021128
>>54021150
The models do appear to have them at 10-12 ft tall. Honestly, it bugs me. It looks like they're just 54mm models being used in a 28mm game.

In 28mm scale, a 28mm figure represents someone 5'-6" tall (1.7m). I think our marines are 33mm tall, which is only 6'-6" if the earlier number is true. The old explanation is that they're squatting. Maybe they're on the short end, but 40k marines were getting taller so I wish they had just stayed with that.

Anyway, primarchs are supposed to be to marines as marines are to humans, which would only make them 8' or 9' tall. The tallest known human was 8'-11" (2.72m), so that'd be reasonable, or at least conceivable. 12' tall means they wouldn't even fit in a normal building.
>>
>>54021692
>They have S5 AP2 D3 wound weapons that that ignore FNP and IWND.
The fuck? What has those, that sounds devastating.
>>
>>54021680
>Blair and Cameron are 6 foot master race
>>
>be Imperial Fist
>sit on my ass for the entire Heresy
>when my time to shine comes fuck up and have to be saved by pretty boy with wings
>primarch fails to make it on time for the Emperor-Horus duel because he's a lazy bastard like me
>get named the "sentinels of terra" anyway

gee, wonder why perty was butthurt?
>>
>>54021914
Dorn:
>Traitor Primarch Kills: 1

Pert:
>Loyalist Primarch Kills: 0

And the Fists never got rekt by fucking mortals despite having their Primarch's help.
>>
>>54021692
>Reductor players are the Columbine school shooters of the Horus Heresy, when a force org allows you to take 12 medusa and 2 Ordinatii you don't really give a fuck.
Yeah, that is a bit of a problem with being "Taghmata, but BETTER". Doesn't exactly encourage subtlety.

Oddly, the Reductor in the fluff were pretty much the exact opposite of that, the surgical tools to the Iron Warriors (comparative) battering ram. There was a problem in the way that the Marines or even Custodes were not suited for or could not handle with brute force or their Precision Strikes meme, the Reductor got rid of it any way they could. Tailored plagues, phosphex, DaOT energy weapons, whatever.
I think there was an anon a while back who described their job as "Being and solving Outside Context Problems". The Reductor are Mechanicum Special Circumstances.
>>
File: 1460421630667.gif (2MB, 1722x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1460421630667.gif
2MB, 1722x1720px
>>54021907
There is only one desu but this crazy mother fucker has it, he was basically the first ever heretek, imprisoned 30 years before the heresy proper started for fucking around with machine spirits. His special cybernetica power is to shift one beep-boop into maximum over-REEE and his warlord trait makes all robots behave like animals.

Also I forgot, it's not S5 AP2 D3 wounds, it's D3 automatic AP2 wounds.
>>
File: Tighter than Dorn's arse cheeks.png (11KB, 508x140px) Image search: [Google]
Tighter than Dorn's arse cheeks.png
11KB, 508x140px
>>54021966
>And the Fists never got rekt by fucking mortals despite having their Primarch's help.
Says the guy whose Primarch got rekt by fucking space marines instead of another Primarch.
>>
>>54021966
>And the Fists never got rekt by fucking mortals
>Dorn was killed by regular CSM
>muh emperors praetorian
>>
>>54021692
Jesus. All hail beep boops I guess
>>
>>54022086
>>54022104
>implying
DORN LIVES!
>>
>>54021733
Refractor field for protection, thunder hammer for swag, stuck him with heavy support squad. YOu could probably drop the thunder hammer really, he doesn't make much sense anywhere else unit wise. I have heard about sticking him on a jet bike and using his vox as an artillery spotter but it's a bit of a points waste.
>>
>>54022071
OK, after a quick look at the Black Books he's kind of insane. That guy would probably reverse the trend of my Archmagi being Paragoned by Praetors, all right, although I am slightly leery of massive robot deathstars like what Beast Mode seems to want because that would make him massive Primarchstomp bait.
>>
>>54022323
>because that would make him massive Primarchstomp bait.
Scoria plus a bodyguard of Castellax or Vorax would be able to stomp every primarch and their bodyguard.

Scoria could solo most primarchs, he's way OP in CC. His weakness is being slow as fuck without a transport.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>54022537
in 37 minutes
>>
>>54022449
>Scoria plus a bodyguard of Castellax or Vorax would be able to stomp every primarch and their bodyguard.
Even Sekhmet and Magnus shitting out D?
>>
>>54021966
More like .5 primarch kills.
>>
>>54022590
Addendum to be that Magnus doesn't count because no other primarch has S:D. Also I haven't math-hammered vs Russ and his exothermic armour of bullshit.
>>
>>54022649
Scoria ever so slightly beats out Russ, but it is practically a coin flip.
>>
File: Salsuginis Jago Keck.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Salsuginis Jago Keck.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>54022807
>>54022807
>>54022807

Eat your hearts out
>>
>>54020852
They're data feeds of course he can take them out
>>
>>53986813

Well lads according to warhammer community we;re going to get our rulebook soon.

I always thought 7E had wasted potential so I look forward to what a half competent studio like FW can do with it.
>>
>>54021680
Why is Obama posed like the evolution man
>>
>>54021909
Reminder conservatives got more votes this year than in 1997 but labour is still saying May lost
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.