[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 35

File: Pelor.png (1MB, 646x983px) Image search: [Google]
Pelor.png
1MB, 646x983px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>Feedback Questionnaires:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>53914060
>>
One thing your DM added to your campaign that you loved?
>>
CR calculation is so dumb.

>One CR15 Vamprire is supposedly deadly for a party of 5 Level 7s
>They kill it in 3 turns without taking a single hit
>>
Why start a thread when the last is at page 8 and you don't even have a topic?
>>
Gods for a light cleric that just want to see things burn?
>>
>>53920699
All stat rolling does is making INT a random low value instead of 8. It gets treated functionally the same for how often the players will be rolling it or how it'd affect their roleplaying.
>>
>>53920713
You using any variant rules or magic weapons beyond silvered? If so the CR won't work quite right and player will punch way above their weight.
>>
>>53920696
Back in the first 5e campaign, giving everybody a unique character-related feature.

>>53920713
>5 against 1
Hurr
>>
File: iu-3.jpg (199KB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
iu-3.jpg
199KB, 1200x688px
3rd for my CN Human Fighter Champion Juggalo Pirate, Scatso the Clown

I don't beat woman, fuck that, I'm above it (no no)
But I'll cut her fucking neck and think nothing of it
>>
>>53920713

>DM spawns some kind of Undead monstrosity as a Deadly Encounter for a level 3 party
>cleric uses Turn Undead and it runs away
>>
Are bards good at low leves? Your only damage cantrip (vicious mockery) deals 1d4 damage, you don't have most blasting spells, can recover spell slots, can't heal as good as clerics...
>>
>>53920737
Worship Imix
>>
File: 27d.png (388KB, 474x458px) Image search: [Google]
27d.png
388KB, 474x458px
The four goblins in the first round of Mines of Phandelver wiped my three-man party

I don't even have an entertaining story behind it. The goblins rolled exceptionally well and the party rolled exceptionally poorly. I spent three weeks getting my friend group to agree to a time and place and now nobody wants to play anymore.
>>
>>53920743
I meant rolling in order, if you assign of course the problem likely persists as you put your lowest/next lowest in int.
>>
>>53920624
I've always wanted to play a barb or fighter that's not always 'I hit thing because I like it' but I'm forever dm.

>>53920713
>one minotaur is easy for my group
I'm not falling for that shit this time.

Speaking of things that dwell in dank places how do some of you have monsters just patrolling or even hunting in some areas?
>>
>>53920783
>first round
first encounter, I mean
>>
>>53920775
Use a Crossbow or Rapier. 1d8+2 damage most likely.

Remember you're on the same level of combat as a Cleric and tankiness as a Rogue. You'll be a bit worse but -1 Atk isn't very much.
>>
>>53920797
I played a half-orc Barbarian Librarian once in Pathfinder. I was the second highest Int in the group
>>
>>53920772
Oh, do tell.
>>53920754
No, they just have a lot of sources of radiant damage so the dude got blasted so hard into yesterday that he never even got to call in his wolves. Never seen a group of gnomes kill a vampire so brutally.
>>
>>53920844
>Oh, do tell.

That was the whole story. Turn Undead, round one, combat over.
>>
>>53920874
What was the monster like? I'm surprised it failed the save if the Cleric is only level 3.
>>
>>53920880

I think it was called a Bone Naga?
>>
>>53920844
>they just have a lot of sources of radiant damage
That'd do it.

I don't know how you played him, but Vampires aren't dumb. Them actually cornering him into a fight should be incredibly difficult when he can turn into a bat and run away.

Play him like some Vietnam Skirmish crap and the players wouldn't stand a chance. He can jump out, take a sizeable amount off health off them and run away to regenerate, the party will run out of spells and HP loooooong before he does.
>>
>>53914654
>>53920721
Reminds me of a better Warlock. I like it.

I would to expand on the profanities for the final version. I haven't read them all, just glanced, but I like the concept.

1d12 hit dice made me wary at first, but I think it's fine after reading the whole thing.

The mounted ability might be too strong. Grants disadvantage to any attack roll made against you within 30 feet. I understand the intent but it feels hellastrong.

>SENTINEL: When a creature within 5 feet of you makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn’t have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Also, can't it potentially be """abused""" by using it in conjunction with Sentinel?
>>
>>53920892
He was actually a new vampire, sent in as a distraction by a much stronger vampire.

So he was played as a cocky brute that was hyped up on his new power and he didn't realize he needed to escape before it was too late.

They didn't attack his mist form though so he's learned his lesson.
>>
>>53920913
Alright, that doesn't seem to bad. Making his attacks a recurring thing where he keeps getting a little bit smarter could be fun, hopefully the party can match that though.

Please tell me this isn't CoS though? I love Vampire themed story stuff but dislike Ravenloft for going too edgy. Personally I prefer the party having to hunt for a Vampire in a normal city being plagued by attacks.
>>
>>53920949
Nah, it's a home setting. The Vampire that is in charge of the fledgling Vampire is trying to buy time in order to summon his master (an ancient Void Dragon) and is not above turning people into Vampires to slow the party down.
>>
>>53920965
Sounds pretty fun, I've always wondered how an encounter with multiple Vampires versing a party would end. Seems like they could do some serious damage to players if they worked together.
>>
>>53920988
>versing
>>
File: another_bulette_by_benwootten.jpg (173KB, 557x742px) Image search: [Google]
another_bulette_by_benwootten.jpg
173KB, 557x742px
>>53920797
I remember an encounter I had for a 4 man party where they felt slight tremors in the group and decided to stand still and wait for whatever was in the ground to come out. Had them make a stealth check and they succeeded barely. I remember describing to them that the tremors grew closer but eventually faded, which gave them some relief. I then had a bulette come out of the ground some distance away and tore apart a nearby flock of sheep. The players noped the fuck out afterward even though they could have managed to take it down easily.

I like to build some suspense with one monster encounters just to make the players think twice before engaging rather than the usual "kill everything, get exp" mentality.
>>
>>53920699
You could also do point buy 30+ which encourages putting higher stats in dump stats.

With rolled stats you can still dump a hideously low score on int anyway.
>>
>>53920803
This is where you fudge rolls to let them get away by the skin of their teeth. This is bad, especially when it comes to starting new players off.
>>
>>53920783

you should taunt them for being bad
>>
>>53920663
Dear /tg/, two of my players want to play dancers, but they dont want to be bards.
Should i refluff the bard? Any suggestion?
>>
>things other players in your group do that bother you

You know how in games--and I mean, not just DnD, but video games and anything with combat too--if you're fighting multiple enemies, generally you want to reduce their numbers as quickly as possible to reduce incoming damage?

Like, if there are 3 enemies, and two of them are at full health and the third one has already been fucked up by your teammates, all else equal, you take out the third guy so the enemy team makes fewer attacks per round?

There's this girl in my group that doesn't seem to grasp this. I don't know how to bring it up without sounding condescending.
>>
What's the consensus on Tomb of Horrors: Tales from the Yawning Portal edition, anons?
>>
>>53921147
Dancing is a proffesion/hobby, so you can honestly play whatever class you want

If they insist that their class be related to dancing they can play a rouge, monk, dex fighter, or ranger. I can think of more ideas, but I don't want to type them all so in short, this is not an actual problem.
>>
>>53921147
Inform them that dancer is not a player class and they'll have to pick something else. However, they can pick the entertainer background and be fighters/warlocks/rogues/whatever that are good at dancing.
>>
I want to be a celestial tomelock with shillelagh!
>>
>>53921147
>>53921188

Yeah, I don't know what this means exactly. They want to be good at dancing? Take a proficiency in performance/the appropriate background.

They want their combat to be defined by dancing? Either be something dex or be some kind of caster whose somatic components are refluffed as dances.
>>
>>53921209
You planning on driving the snakes out of Ireland?
>>
>>53914654
The various effects that deal with the profanity score seem like they'd be wildly overpowered at higher levels.

Heart strike seems pretty strong, too. Maybe guarantee a hit instead of changing a hit into a crit. Or maybe - as with the source - a weak cleave? Say half damage to a second target within 5 feet of the primary target.

No army of the dead or death and decay? I don't know if this is good for balance or bad for flavor. Both?

This homebrew is considerably better than dndwiki material. With a little more tuning, I would say that this looks pretty good.
>>
>>53921154
Referring to everything in game terms in character, and spelling out things about the character. Yes, we get it, you're a class with a fancy background that you think makes you exempt from needing money. Stereotype me one more time and I'll act on that bullshit.
>>
>>53921213
They want something like dancers from Fire Emblem, they want to support the party through dance moves and have some kind of minor dance-related magic/power.
>>
>>53921262
They want to play bards, or maybe clerics
>>
>>53921154
One of my players sometimes tries to rest -mid- battle when her hp is low
>>
>>53921258
>Yes, we get it, you're a class with a fancy background that you think makes you exempt from needing money. Stereotype me one more time and I'll act on that bullshit.

what
>>
>Using MBMP's character sheet
>DM decided to allow Heroes of the Orient
>Go to make a Kensai
>Nobody's made the syntax for it yet
Is Javascript hard?
>>
File: TlRZpJX.jpg (616KB, 930x1240px) Image search: [Google]
TlRZpJX.jpg
616KB, 930x1240px
I just had the greatest idea for a cleric of Ilmater. Motherfucking Joshua Graham, the Burned Man. Oh I am so excited to make this character now. Constantly suffering from the burns, a reminder of his past as a ruthless killer. He suffers as a reminder for what he has done, and it keeps him on the path of redemption, faithful and loyal to Ilmater. Goddamn this is gonna be fun. I just need a reason for the burn wounds. That's a difficult thing to come up with. I want it related to his time as an evil character, to help show that Ilmater will literally forgive anyone who means it and is truly willing to change.
I think I actually found a character that I could really stick with for the long haul.
>>
>>53921262
Refluff mystic. It's the only class that has "give your ally more action"
>>
>>53921305
They play a bard that refuses money because he has a rich family background. I play a rogue and despite saying I run my own private investigator service he constantly goes "you're a rogue, so you're a cutthroat and always steal things".
>>
Question about the Sword Of Wounding. If I cast the spell Booming blade or Greenflame Blade can I still activate the bleeding effect?
>>
>>53914654
Put the profanity score on the class table if it's going to be a thing.
>>
So is Snare as fun as I think it will be to use? The fact they have disadvantage on the saves to escape seems cool.
>>
Would you let ranger snipe unseen enemy with primeval awareness?
>>
Thinking about rolling a wild sorc for a new campaign, but had some questions. How often should a Wild Sorc be rolling on the wild magic table? Reading Tides seems like I should be rolling quite a bit, but after reading different things online, it seems that its really dependent on the GM.
>>
Wizard players, how close do you stick to your Arcane Tradition?

If you pick illusionist, for example, will you only use illusions? Mostly? On-par with other spells?
>>
>>53921493
Well the thing with primeval awareness is that it just gives you a vague idea of where certain types of enemies are, not their exact number.

My party wizard had a similar idea and asked if my ranger could do that, but I couldn't for the aforementioned reasons. If said wizard has a familiar that can fly however and relay information to the wizard via telepathic link and have them tell you roughly where to aim, you could snipe enemies from a good distance away without having them in sight, especially if you have the sharpshooter feat. Though this would ultimately be up to your DM, that's how I went about doing it.
>>
>>53920909

Nice to hear some feedback finally, especially the positive kind. I did model the profanities after eldritch invocations since I really like how well it works for the warlock. I'm also going to expand the list of profanities based off what I hear feedback wise and what else I can come up with.

Do you feel on a pale horse (that specific ability) is too strong for that level or too strong to have in general? My reasoning for having it be like it is was to both make a strong case for the knight to be mounted, as well as be a feared melee combatant that is best off being nuked from afar.

I don't see how it can be abused with sentinel, as for sentinel you need another creature to be attacked, and on a pale horse only activates when you yourself are attacked. Am I missing something?

>>53921238

Could you say which ones in particular look to be a problem balance wise?

Heart strike is indeed pretty strong, though I feel a guaranteed hit wouldn't be worth the rune compared to it's cousin, rune strike. It was also meant to work in conjunction with one of the profanity options called killing machine, which comes at level 14

I have blood boil already as an aoe ability, and I wasn't sure about adding another one for balance reasons. Though the DK is rather lacking in utility spells to I could also make death and decay one of those, it'd also be pretty cool as a showoff move if you just wilt the life out of everything in range.

Also thank you, I'm rather fond of brewing.
>>
>>53921262
Cleric, mystic, and paladin all work with a little refluffing. Probably favored soul too.
>>
>>53921247

That was a design decision on my part, I think it's better if a class has something to look forward to at every level, even if it's just shiny bits n gubbins, which is why I have stuff like dread plate and phantasmic weapon.

Does it seem like a balance issue?

>>53921289

It's highly WIP so that's subject to change, and thank you, I consider it not being bad a good start.

>>53921585

There's options for evil paladins already, and there's a marked difference between them and death knights. Also the fact that not all death knights were paladins or even knights in their prior life.

>>53921421

Noted, until I figure out how to make a god damn new column in the class table I'm going to have profanity score and runes share one. It's not ideal as I'm probably going to make them not equal, but it works for now.
>>
>>53921213
Played DQIV a little while ago and the Fire Dragon Sorcerer is spot on for Maaya. Just add the Entertainer background and Inspiring Leader, refluffing speeches for hustle dancing.

The only thing is is that, unlike Maya, Dragon Sorcerers can't actually turn into a a Dragon...

Anyways, Sorcerers are one of the best buffers in the game. Wild Sorcerer even comes with the stage performer theme in the bag.
>>
>>53921736
meant for
>>53921262
>>
So what's the best way to use the spell Awaken once I'm level 9 on my Druid? Other then a tree army of course.
>>
File: treehiclepixeljointanimated.gif (51KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
treehiclepixeljointanimated.gif
51KB, 256x256px
>>53921822
>Shape a tree into an airship
>Awaken
>It will either turn into a flying ship ala Animate Objects or sprout giant legs
>Regardless your Party just got a walking house/stronghold
>>
>>53921822
Wherever you go, if it's an appropriate location, awaken some local animal or plant to act as a mini-guardian.
>>
>>53921651
>there are already options for evil paladins...not all death knights were paladins or knights
Then why not use those options with some refluffing? Also, that's only after WoW and Metzen came in and shat all over Warcraft's lore's corpse while wearing its skin.
>>
>>53921944
Like this anon says
>These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul’dan to replace the slaughtered Warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, these abominations were then instilled with the ethereal essence of the Shadow Council.

Explicitly knights.
>>
>>53921944

It would be easier to do what you say however, which is to just use existing evil paladin options with some light refluffing. However, it didn't seem to me like the existing options wouldn't do justice to what I had in mind.

I also enjoy homebrewing despite not being so practiced at it, so it's also for fun.

>Also, that's only after WoW and Metzen came in and shat all over Warcraft's lore's corpse while wearing its skin.

I believe it.

>>53921992

Sounds about right, though there's a rather distinct difference between the old and new death knights, and I'm using the latter as the base for a good amount of the class. While it does make sense for death knights to all be former knights, I don't think those in the business of raising them would pass up skilled martial combatants just because they aren't knights.

Also, this isn't a question for you two specifically but I wanted to ask, how do you all feel about undead summons for the class, be they a single creature permanent pet (ghoul/skeleton warrior/kustom undead), a time limited summon (gargoyle), or an army of the dead type deal (swarm of low cr undead)?

I feel as though the class is already quite a strong fighter without the addition of a permanent pet, and feels like giving it too much. But at the same time, having an undead host is part of the death knight fantasy.

Time limited summons could be pretty beneficial to flavor though, as could army of the dead, but I don't know if it would be balanced.
>>
Question for you guys. Playing a campaign it some friends. It's a second game for a few of us so it was always designed to be sort of causal, some guys aren't there one week, etc..

We all made our characters and it was all good for the first few sessions. No, the fighter and barbarian have bailed and our party is now a Rogue, Ranger, Warlock, Wizard and Bard. I am playing the rogue and I am now the guy getting melee weapons out.

I want to talk to the DM about switching characters because an All-Ranged party isn't really working in.the small areas we end up in.
>>
>>53920783
That's rough.

My party almost got wiped against the bugbear and his dog in the cave after that because he got the drop on us and happens to do ridiculous damage on sneak attacks, downing our meat shield pretty quickly.

My GOO warlock was the only one left standing at the end, rolled max damage against the dog and the bugbear just left, mourning his fallen friend. At first I thought the DM was just feeling sorry for us but this was actually in the book.

Needless to say my warlock now thoroughly believes she's protected by a higher power until she achieves her destiny.
>>
>>53921561
Re: OP profanity score-
Adding proficiency/profanity to AC seems like it'd be strong enough, but throwing in plate armor at the higher levels is probably too much.

Adding your proficiency to the entire group's attack or damage rolls will start strong and turn crazy.

The Death Armor aura is also pretty strong, at any amount reflected. Against a single target making a single attack, no big deal. Big bad with multiattacks and legendary actions, two or three mooks? Lots of damage.

The auras have the flavor, but they feel like they're entirely too strong, and I don't think lowering the numbers will change that. Even if profanity was tied to ASI, starting at 1, increasing at 4, 8, 12, and 19, adding 5 to your AC or 5 to your party's offensive rolls is huge.

I hate to suggest scrapping the auras, but I want to suggest scrapping the auras. You can still do some party buffing - remember the unholy frenzy deal where a deathknight could buff a friendly? Two runes, target can make an one extra attack per attack action for a minute. Can't target yourself, can only use once per long rest.

I'd like to see the finished version. If not for the WoW stigma among my group, I'd present this for their consideration.
>>
>>53922380
That wasnt a question

Multiclass into barbarian or fighter, or roll a new character
>>
File: im gonna bite u.jpg (34KB, 350x276px) Image search: [Google]
im gonna bite u.jpg
34KB, 350x276px
Making a bunch of towns and trying to make them each a bit unique, but ran into a bump with this one.

>Frontier town that acts as a trade hub between distant regions
>Town/City is on an island in a shallow, warm lake
>Locals warn that the lake is deadly and to keep you distance- not because of monsters or gators, but because of Quippers
>The lake is fucking full of them, to the point where there's next to no point in it you can go without there being a school (Or several) visible
>Rather than being concerned or wanting the PCs to remove them, it's the opposite- the Quippers form a natural barrier against wild animals such as Owlbears and dumb monsters like Hill Giants, which there's a lot of in the region. In addition, Quippers make up for nearly half of the town's food supply, as they're easy enough to fish up that even a child can do it- just net off an area, throw in some meat, then close the net when they swarm the bait.

Here's the catch though- what's feeding the Quippers? The occasional Elk running from Wolves into the water or Hill Giant deciding he wants to eat some fish and ending up dinner himself wouldn't be a consistent enough food supply for a lake that's teeming with predators.

Maybe some kind of migratory animals come through the area twice a year and whip them into a feeding frenzy? Or there's a shitload of Trolls in the area who get half eaten and walk it off because "lmao troll regen"?
>>
>>53922413
>>53920783
The party almost got wiped because the wizard got mad and took the frenzied berserker's headband of calm emotions for a plan involving the guards.

It was not 5e but it was still pretty good. Only the paladin and barbarian were still conscious and the cleric was dead. Druid reincarnated her as a kobold
>>
>>53922380
You forgot the question.
>>
>>53921651
It's cool that there's enough customization that you don't even need to make subclass archetypes, like when deathknights were new and you could sort of tank or damage with any of the specs.
>>
>>53920713
First, did your group have counters for its abilities? Second, did you use all its abilities? Vamps are kinda weird. Third, three rounds and party victory is the normal result. It seems like bad luck or bad tactics that they got away unhurt.
>>
Can a Wizard write spells in their spellbook from spells they know via multiclassing?
>>
So when did you realise Druids are super cool?
>>
>>53922551

still hasn't happened
>>
>>53922551
When I looked at the class instead of basing my opinion off the retard in my party who seems to think the only thing it can do is turn into a bear.
>Tank
>AND decent damage dealer
>AND lots of good utility spells (Plus Full Caster progression)
>>
>>53922551
Just after checking their high level spells.

Anyone have a cool idea for a Druid from a Druidic order? My DM actually has all the circles and stuff in his setting but I'm having trouble thinking of an interesting way to rp him.
>>
>>53922551
I've always known this.
Recently started playing a surfer druid of the coast.
Conjuring radical waves is the best way to use my spell slots.
>>
File: Playing a Druid.jpg (188KB, 726x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Playing a Druid.jpg
188KB, 726x1024px
>>53922551
When I wanted to play a sneaky character and realized that turning into a flea is vastly more effective than any number of bonuses to a stealth check, and even effects like Invisibility and Silence.

Oh wait, no, that's when I realized Druids were fucking retarded design-wise and break the lower-levels of the game even harder than a well-built wizard.
>>
>>53922635
>There are people who don't realise Paladins, Bards and Druids are the three strongest classes

I honestly feel bad for them.
>>
>>53922635
I still make players roll stealth if they want to be a bug sneaking around. It also takes them much longer to go from point A to point B.

If they fail their bug based stealth roll then we have a fun game of fly swatting, spider stamping, etc.
The benefit of being a bug though is that you can crawl into really small spaces and don't need to break into windows/doors like a larger creature might.
>>
File: 1478852051679.jpg (319KB, 1170x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478852051679.jpg
319KB, 1170x1600px
>>53922621
Honestly, I kinda like playing druids like traditional witches. They live on the fringes of society, study things like herbalism and nature magic (Wicca IRL is more about the forces of nature than demon-worship) and can shapeshift into forms convenient for hiding from society (like the whole black cat thing).

>>53922646
Only Lore Bards. Every other bard archetype in the game is a straight downgrade from Lore Bard, unfortunately. Paladins and Druids (with UA) at least give you some choices.
>>
>>53922665
What's the smallest creature in the MM anyways? Spider?
>>
>>53922665
>As a DM, I make my NPCs so paranoid and suspicious that they will attack even minor insects with extreme prejudice, even when they've probably got no reason to do so other than my meta-knowledge that the players are using such a trick to move stealthily.

OK.
>>
>>53922737
No.

>as a DM I like to introduce lighthearted bits of fun and tension instead of letting players cheese and trivialize any encounter.
Are you telling me if a spider or bug walks across your wall or floor you won't want to squish it?
Usually NPCs have really low passive perception so nothing happens. But on the off chance they roll low, I enjoy the player having a one-off encounter with a big bad that's just them as a literal insect while the bad guy is saying "I WILL CRUSH YOU"

And if this isn't the final confrontation it is fun to then reuse such lines at a later point. As if the bad guy practices his banter while hunting bugs that dare intrude upon his floor.
>>
>>53922737
Also, don't mistake me for being an antagonistic DM. I'm not. It's all done to enhance the fun of the group. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't bother with it.
>>
File: 1493097459363.jpg (17KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1493097459363.jpg
17KB, 680x383px
>>53922721
>(Wicca IRL is more about the forces of nature than demon-worship)
>>
>>53922483

You make a very good point and I can find no real argument against it. I'd hate to see the auras go as well, so I'll see about adding utility focused ones instead of combat ones.

In the meantime I'll remove them, and consider rune spells that might have similar effects. I'll also repost it for final inspection when I feel it's ready to launch, which will probably be sometime before saturday. You also have the link so you can view it whenever you want as well.

>>53922524

Glad you like it, there's more customization to coming as well. Also you've reminded me of the good old days when you could dps as blood and tank as frost in naxxramas.
>>
>>53922794
if a small spider runs along my ceiling, I don't chase it down and say bad guy lines, no. I typically assume I'll kill it another time or just not care. also it's the fantasy middle ages and they would probably care even less than me. or be above such things, being a warlord who's poring over a political and military conquest at his desk.
>>
>>53922887
Well that's because you're not a bad guy in a make believe fantasy game.
>not making your low-tier villains incredibly petty and needing to assert their power even over insects
It's a classic trope, anon. Kid with a magnifying glass and an anthill? Similar principle.

Again, it's all for the sake of fun. Being a good DM means understanding your group and shaping the game to maximize the good times being had by all. If you were a really stingy DM you could just tell them they have to stick to MM/PHB and such. But why not let them have their bug's life adventure?
>>
>>53921501
Every time you cast a spell you should roll. At lvl 3 with 6 spell slots, you should have 6 rolls on the table per long rest.
>>
>>53922887
>trying to focus on your work
>a motherfucking bug creeping across your ceiling
>walks up to it slowly
>roll initiative
>bad guy rolls to attack bug with a broom handle "fucking pest!"
>it's improvised weapon so it's not a big to-hit
>bug tries to dash away, gets two feet
>next broom hits
>hippie falls off the ceiling
>"well this is awkward"
>"YOU"

Tell me that doesn't sound like fun?
>>
>>53923022
>from that moment on bad guy is immediately suspicious of all bugs and small beasts because there's a druid that opposes him
>it's a paranoia and an obsession
>he becomes known as the exterminator
>>
For the spell Command, if you tell a creature that is flying (like an Aarakocra ) to Grovel would that be considered harmful and cause the spell to fail? The Grovel command makes the creature go prone, but if it does that immediately on their turn while flying they would just drop out of the sky.
>>
>>53923044
Just have them land and grovel or something
>>
>>53923044
I interpret it to mean something more reasonable such as "flying creature lands, and then drops prone."
No one reasonably expects groveling to mean the same thing mid-air.

Otherwise I'd rule the spell fails, because if they have to drop prone mid-air that's akin to "fall to your death" potentially.
>>
>>53921316
He was the boos of a gang, ruling by violence an fear and taking the dragons share of any loot
Setting a temple of ilmater on fire after looting it and gutting the priest, he is betrayed and left to die under a roof beam.

After the blaze he awakes burned but alive, with the priest next to him not a burned husk, only his hand pristine as it was in contact when he continuously healed and shielded you from the fire, even as his body should have been dead.

Fire, ilmater, hands, mercy, self-sacrifice, chance of redemption (maybe even a relic of a saint)

If you want more pre-burn liability say you went in't to finish the priest so he wouldn't have to burn to death.
>>
>>53920663
Holy shit OoA pally gets retard strong at 7, their features are godlike.
>>
>dm likes my gf
>dm constantly sets up situations where my character harms her character
>generally takes out his anger on me
>less excited to play when he dms because I know he'll drop dominate, some mind control spell, or some bullshit just to cuck me
Its starting to really get to me and I'm thinking about dropping from the campaign.
>>
Alright, can someone tell me how Haste's such a good spell in people's eyes? Assuming at level 5 you've cast it on your Fighter friend and he's a PAM+GWM cheese master, it's only an extra 1d10+13 (18.5) damage each round for a 3rd level spell.

Whereas different 3rd level spells like Call Lightning, Conjure Animals, Spirit Guardians, Hypnotic Pattern, Fear, Stinking Cloud and etc. all seem better.

I mean it seems good for if you have a Rogue in the party for readied sneak attack, but other then that it seems kinda gay. Only just realised that when I was reading about people saying Haste on Grasslands Druid's so powerful.
>>
>>53923091
isn't that the point of paladins?
>>
>>53923108
I'm new to them, OoA just seems miles ahead of the rest, and even most melee.
>>
>>53923128
Would it shock you to know it's considered the most mediocre of the oaths?
>>
File: 1447919454181.jpg (166KB, 736x963px) Image search: [Google]
1447919454181.jpg
166KB, 736x963px
>>53923108
What I love about Paladins is how many people keep whining and complaining for a good "gish" class in the game because they don't like Eldritch Knight... so we get all this stupid crap like people trying to force Warlocks an Sorcerers into being gishes.

Meanwhile Paladins have been the perfect Gishes since Day 1 and people seem to completely dismiss them because they're Divine instead of Arcane. I've literally had people tell me they won't play a Paladin because "Life Cleric is better at healing, so what's the point?".

>>53923128
Keep in mind that while halving damage from spells is very good, most magic is NOT dangerous because of it's direct damage. Also keep in mind that the ability specifies SPELLS, so it won't do anything against something like Dragon's Breath.
>>
>>53923106
It's a case of "b-but it makes my martial so much better!". The spell's good, but quite often there's a much better choice for actually dealing with enemies.

The difference is a Hasted Fighter can say he killed the enemy, which makes him less depressed about his shitty class.

>>53923145
That's Oath of Vengeance. Ancients is the one everyone considers godtier.
>>
>>53921158
Tomb of Horrors has always been garbage.
>>
>>53923145
It would, neither of the other features seem as strong as spell resistance or a list that shores up some weaknesses of lolnoaoe
>>
>>53923158
I suspect what make people think of them as non-gish is also the lack of "clever" spells.
>>
>>53921368
I still need an answer to this. If anyone knows.
>>
>>53923158
Sorc nah, Warlock I can get. WotC just doesn't want anyone playing them as a Gish though. After playing the two I have to agree, pallys got it all really. If their "Evil" oaths like Conquest didn't pigeonhole you into playing a certain way I'd like them even more.
>>
File: 1449823156796.jpg (232KB, 680x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449823156796.jpg
232KB, 680x800px
>>53923168
Again, it's not spell resistance, it's resistance to the damage from spells, nothing else. OoA's abilities do NOTHING in terms of protecting you from "status-effect" spells.

Even the damage-part is over-rated because it specifies SPELLS specifically, meaning magic items, spell like abilities, and magic abilities that aren't spells (everything the Mystic gets, for example) will still do full damage.

People SEVERELY over-rate how "god-tier" Ancients is. You have other means of protecting yourself from magic damage, which often isn't severely high anyway unless you whole party gets caught in an AOE.
The real God-Tier Paladin is Oath of Devotion once it gets constant "Protection from Good and Evil" with no concentration required.

>>53923196
What everyone wants from a gish is a way to do magic damage at the same time as melee damage, something the paladin has always had in the form of it's Smite Feature. I rarely see Gish players wanting "clever" magic, that always seems to be more of an Arcane Trickster thing (Since Illusion and Enchantment aren't exactly great in combat, especially on a character who needs to prioritize Dex over Int).
>>
>>53923239
I know what turned my off paladin as a gish was the lack of clever bits, the stuff swordmages had in 4th and EK's do with cantrips now, soft/hard control.

And that they pretty much have to walk up to anything they want to inconvenie.
>>
>>53923239
Yeah no shit, but their resistance to the damage is fucking fantastic, how is this even an argument? Devotion is comparable, but you get retard saves on all 3 oaths to help protect anyway.
>You have other ways to protect yourself
Which stack with it making you a fantasticly durable melee.

You don't like OoA, I get that. But to call it overrated is absurd.
>>
>>53923288
I call it over-rated because many people don't understand what it actually does, and instantly assume it works more like the Abjuration Wizard's capstone than what it actually does.
>>
>>53923279
The actual Smite spells add a fair bit of that kind of thing in, it's just everyone overlooks their potential in favor of "lol damage this round".

Blinding, banishing, knock backs, fear, setting on fire. They're pretty good.
>>
>>53923309
Well that's their issue.
>>
>>53923332
Smite spells would be good if they weren't using bonus actions that PAM wants.
>>
>>53922857
God, I miss unholy tanking and frost tanking. It was so damn fun. Talent trees I miss a lot too...
>>
Should my Druid be a Human, Half-Elf or Firbolg?
>>
>>53923106
How is Call Lightning so much better? It's just 3d10 (16.5) damage per round. It's AoE but the area is pretty small. Also, you can't use it in rooms that can't accomodate a 60 foot radius cylinder, which makes it impossible to use in many dungeons.

Fear is good, it's true, but if your enemies save well, or if they just come back after the spell wears off, you've just wasted a spell slot.

And so on. Haste is probably a third level spell because it's a flat buff with no saves.
>>
>>53923462
Half-elf you you've got a theme
Human if you've your eye on a Feat
Firbolg if none of the two above.
>>
I've seen a lot of people in prev thread complain about how weak Warlocks are. How do I build a good tomelock? Or are they just bad?
>>
>>53921501
It depends on the GM. You'll have to work out what the GM is comfortable with. And if you're rolling on the table less than 100% of the time, it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>53923537
Warlocks as a class (not even considering the different pacts, tomes, and invocations) suffers from two major, mostly non-mechanical issues:
1) Short rests being infrequent by comparison to long rests across most groups
2) Being better for multi-classing (Sorlock, Fightlock, etc.)

That aside, tomelock is just what you'd expect: you get delicious rituals, spells from across the board, and a cool book wrapped in the skin of your enemies.
>>
File: 1485435307243.jpg (208KB, 600x907px) Image search: [Google]
1485435307243.jpg
208KB, 600x907px
>>53923537
Warlocks aren't "weak" so much as that they just don't have much to do. Eldritch Blast puts out respectable damage at great ranges and can force enemy movements, and this is the bread and butter of how a warlock fights... but aside from this you only have 2 spell slots for half your existence and most of the time they're going to be spent on Hex and Armor of Agathys. It's not weak, it's just boring as fuck, even Battlemaster Fighters have more to do in combat.

Anyway, Tomelock is hard to fuck up. Just pick up every ritual you can. Get Agonizing Blast and Repelling Blast, then spend the rest of your invocations on utility stuff since you don't really need anything else combat-wise.
>>
>>53923589
>>53923590
Thanks. Would there be any benefit to multiclassing, or should I go straight to 20? I suppose I'll just focus on rituals.
>>
>>53923603
From a number crunch angle, unless you're ditching Eldritch Blast, no. From a character/story angle, that's up to you.
>>
File: 1485434340802.jpg (255KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1485434340802.jpg
255KB, 500x599px
>>53923603
Honestly, you're probably better off just not playing a Warlock. There's not much to be gained from multiclassing if your character concept is "I wana know a ton of different types of magic for every situation". The other charisma-casters are Sorcerers, who's spell list isn't that great in terms of utility, Paladins who are melee fighters mostly, and Bards who are better off just going straight Lore Bard.

Honestly, just switch to Lore Bard or Wizard.
If you wana be a real munchkin, pick up Armor of Shadows from Warlock, then go Abjuration Wizard and use Armor of Shadows to charge up your ward constantly for no spell-slot cost... although this is super gamey and your DM may not allow it. And it's also debateable whether it's actually worth putting off your wizard spells for 2 levels.
>>
>>53923646
>If you wana be a real munchkin, pick up Armor of Shadows from Warlock, then go Abjuration Wizard and use Armor of Shadows to charge up your ward constantly for no spell-slot cost
A level 4 Deep Gnome with their feat can do the same thing without giving up Wizard levels... So yeah.
>>
>>53923603
Generally the only reason to multiclass with Warlock is to dip into it for free short-rest spell-slots for Smite, the level 1 patron features (usually telepathy from the GOO), or the chance to pick up a pair of evocations at level 2. But these are all multi-classes with the focus on a class BESIDES Warlock. Warlock itself doesn't gain much from multi-classes.

As others have suggested, you're better off figuring out what you wana do with your character and just picking a different caster that suits your needs better.

Utility/Variety: Wizard and Lore Bard
Crowd Blasting: Sorcerer with twinned/empowered/quickened metamagic
Social Manipulation: Sorcerer with Subtle Magic/Bard
Battlefield Control: Druid/Wizard
Healer/Support: Cleric/Druid/Bard

The only thing the Warlock excels in is being a turret with a spammable single-target attack. It's got a couple more tricks as it levels up, but every single one of those is done better by a different caster.
>>
How do I best optimize my EK for tankiness/battlefield control?
Dex rapier/shield defensive duellist/warcaster
Str pam/sentinel/tunnelfighter
>>
Nomad Mystics can use a short bow can't they?
>>
What's a good boss fight for four level 1 characters? In this case, it's a creature that has kidnapped a musician so they can force them to hold a private concert for them forever. It's definitely something that can speak Common, and preferably something humanoid or capable of wielding weapons. I just want something cooler than "bandit." Maybe a low-CR demon or devil, even?

All the most interesting monsters have higher CRs.
>>
>>53923929
Giant sentient toad from the faewild. He is ugly on the outside, but appreciates the beauty of music, and finds solace in it, so he collects music, and by extension, the musicians who play them.
>>
>>53923833
*Mystics are proficient with simple weapons
*Shortbows are simple ranged weapons

Answer the question yourself, anon.
>>
>>53923929
What's the location this little shindig is set to happen in?
>>
>>53922508

Easy answer: it's fantasy you ain't gotta explain shit

Medium answer: the quippers cannibalize other quippers, maintaining equilibrium between food and population

hard answer: at the bottom of the lake, where no one dares to go, is some kind of vast aquatic cavern with an ecosystem that provides enough food for the quippers
>>
>>53922508
Bandits, murderers and merchants with biased scales.
Frontier justice.
>>
>>53922508
I'm now curious how many Quipper Swarms it would take to kill a hill giant
>>
>>53922508

bottom of the lake is a portal to the elemental plane of water, more specifically to the centre of the [can't think of a good name] - a semi-sentient Quipper hivemind the travels the plane consuming everything in it's path. The portal appears and disappears due to the immense friction created as millions of quippers feast together at the densest parts of the swarm.
>>
>>53923942
Ooo, I actually dig this. There's parts of my setting with close ties to the Feywild so this actually has potential.

>>53923980
This particular area of the setting is a large bayou comparable to fantasy Lousiana. The kidnapped musicin plays the blues, and the kidnapper is compelling him to basically play sappy pop songs instead (which is torture to the blues musician). I'm planning for the encounter to be in a shallow cave (probably a mineral mine that was quickly abandoned after it was discovered to be quite dry) guarded by some hired henchmen outside.
>>
How would you run Shakespearian session?

Other than ending with a TPK and lots of monologues.
>>
>>53923833
Yes, but you are better off with crossbow.
>>
> DM doesn't allow Thief rogue to use Fast Hand with oil or acid, despite that fact that the game allow them too

Should I just quit?
>>
>>53924084
skulduggery and fart jokes.
>>
>>53924113
point out very clearly the definition of fast hands. then tell him to knock off the fuckery.
>>
>>53924113

What's their reasoning? Just an arbitrary fiat?
>>
>>53923096
Frame the dude for "having sent you threats via PM".
Or at least make your GF believe that.
Then look for another group together.
>>
>>53923833
They are better of using their cantrips.
>>
>>53924084
Cram it full of the filthyest double entendres.
>>
>>53924113
I specifically allow for any object to be used that doesn't serve as a way to cast a spell or make a melee weapon attack.

So Alchemists fire , Acid, Oil, Caltrops, Medic kits etc. are all usable.

It's the best way to play an alchemist after some homebrew crafting rules.
>>
Does a creature jumping, taking off and flying, or otherwise moving vertically away from another creature provoke and opportunity attack?
>>
>>53924293
Speaking of- seems to me like the best option for Mystic is to grab Boom Blade via Magic Initiate and just use that for melee unless you fell for the
>soul knoife
meme.
>>
>>53924374
Does it use their Movement? Then yes.
>tfw playing Repellock in a game where the DM has Opportunity Attacks trigger even on knockback

It lasted like 2 sessions before I pointed out it isn't meant to work like that, blending enemies by blasting them past a Barb, Fighter, and Rogue was rather amusing though.
>>
>>53920783
>Four goblins
>Three PCs
>Not fudging rolls
But seriously, yeah, that sucks. Sorry anon. If you find another group, check this out.
http://haluz.org/lmop/
>>
>>53923537
Ask your DM for an extra spellslot with the caveat that hear revoke it at any time if he feels it makes you too powerful (it won't)
>>
>>53924567
The limited spell slots aren't even the problem so as they compete with Hex (and to a lesser extent, Armor of Agathys) which is necessary to maintain good damage-per-round. Make either of these an Invocation and suddenly spell slots become much less of a problem because you can actually save them for cool utility stuff.
[Spoiler]Still doesn't change Warlocks being boring as shit in combat though.
>>
>>53923096
Does she know? Or notice? If you tell her there's a pattern and she can see it, you can both bail out.
If she dismisses your feelings as paranoia, cannot see the pattern and won't trust your gut instinct, maybe reconsider your relationship...
>>
>>53924146
"It make thief OP at level 3! This allow them to get extra attack before Fighter!!"
>>
>>53920965
>party just fought a vampire
>void dragon

Son are you literally running my campaign.

How uncanny.
>>
>>53924343
That's exactly how Fast Hand work.
>>
>>53924648
Does he know you can get an extra attack at level 1 with, like, 5 different things?

Off the top of my head
>war cleric
>dual wielding
>PAM
>CBE

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two.
>>
>>53924656
Depends, is your game played on Tuesdays?
>>
>>53924608
Boring *Eldritch blast* what are y-- *Eldritch Blast* talking *Eldritch Blast* ablast?
>>
>>53923537
For what I read here Warlock is good if you want to learn to play a magic character?
>>
>>53920783
>he plays D&D at first level and doesn't fudge die rolls
>>
>>53924752
I'd recommend Valour Bard for new players. No preparing and they're not completely dependent on spells to function.
>>
File: Every 5e warlock ever.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Every 5e warlock ever.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>53924752
No, not really. If you want "Babbys first caster", play a Sorcerer. No spell preparation, a simple spell list, no class features anywhere near as complicated as Invocations and Patrons.

Warlock is pretty much a Fighter with a magic attack, not a true caster (in fact, multiclassing rules don't count them as a casting class, true fact).
>>
While looking through a scariest monster thread here someone posted a monster that was a mutated female I think she had the lower body of a maggot who seduced people into letting her put her children inside them and making her victims enthralled. Anyone know the name of the monster, I've tried googling but can't find anything
>>
>>53924801
Thats because they recharge on short rest and are already hella stronk for multiclass. If they also progressed spell levels they'd be EVEN MO BETTA for multiclassing.
>>
>>53924679
Not all level 1 but...
>Frenzy
>Spiritual Weapon
>Monks
>Flaming Sphere
>>
File: firerises.gif (2MB, 271x303px) Image search: [Google]
firerises.gif
2MB, 271x303px
>>53921316
>Ilmater
>worst Suffering God
Kossuth sent His righteous fire to burn away all that was evil and impure, recasting you into the more perfect being He always knew you were. Suffering is neither forgiveness nor penance; it is only through action that you are redeemed. In Kossuth's most beneficent flame were your sins and weakness cleansed and through his love you have been given the chance to earn your redemption.
>>
>>53924801
>>53924752
Actually I think Cleric is a better babby first caster.

At least you can't make a grave mistake of choosing a wrong spell for your limited spell known, which you will have to spend several level to fix.

Access to armor, weapon and a good hit dice help too.
>>
File: 1482391389853.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482391389853.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>Laying in bed, can't sleep for like 4+ hours
>Decide fuck it I'll get back on my PC
>Suddenly feel tired at PC
>Lay down
>No longer tired

I guess I'll work on d&d stuff. Maybe I'll convert Warlock to Spell Points.
>>
>>53924801
>If you want "Babbys first caster", play a Sorcerer.
This is the worst advice I have ever read on this general
>>
>>53925130
Finals time + summer heat. Ain't that funny.

Yesterday I fucking woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't like back down.
>>
File: teleport_by_vlda-d5l1nl2.jpg (44KB, 608x350px) Image search: [Google]
teleport_by_vlda-d5l1nl2.jpg
44KB, 608x350px
So I am planning a puzzle for my players in my game, but I have a problem. Now, this puzzle has multiple parts and is very dangerous, relying on the party to put trust in each other, as each section traps one party member behind in a dangerous situation until the last member reaches the end. There will be "keys" along the way that will remain with the stuck players. The last member needs the members who remained behind to use the "keys", finishing the puzzle and freeing them all, letting them continue onwards. I've made them be able to see the whole gauntlet ahead of time so when shit goes down they can pull their heads together, plus having a visible goal to reach takes some stress off the players who'll be staying behind, so I used bars/glass. And here is where the problem arises.

They could fuck up by teleporting. In a "oh god now we can't free the person being burnt alive" kind of way. Now I've got a couple fixes and I'd like to know which of these would be better from a players perspective.

I could just make it a no teleport/magic zone. Easiest way to do it. They are in a magical tomb after all. This way I can have the sight be fine and the players can't screw around with the "keys" and fuck up. But I dislike taking away player options. If they can teleport I like them to use that in creative ways. Which brings us to my next option...

Take away the sight lines. Not knowing what is next my be irritating, especially in a 'race against the clock' puzzle. But it stops them using their teleports as well, but may also cause a breakdown in character communication. This could be more flavorful, adding more to the "trust me" aspect. But I feel like they would be annoyed by the lack of information.

Lastly I could just say fuck it and not restrict it. They'd all die. I don't think they have enough teleports to properly finish the puzzle.

So as a player, which would be the best? Would "no magic beyond this port" be too annoying?
>>
>>53925130
I know that feel. I need to work on my greentext, but instead I spend days doing literally nothing.
>>
>>53921316
you could always go the freddy krueger route.
>>
File: 1455523910410.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1455523910410.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>53925147
Glad to see this is your first time in one. If that kind of advice bothers you, man, you're in a lot of huge surprises here at 4chan.
>>
>>53925267
It doesn't bother me, it's just shit advice. But it's my fault for forgetting that people on this general don't actually play the game
>>
>>53923096
Have you talked to him? That's usually quite a good way to deal with such things. If it is a random group, simply quit and look for another one. If you like the group, put some energy into resolving the situation. Either he does it on purpose and thinks you won't notice, than he most likely feel pretty much ashamed if you talk to him. It is also possible, that he isn't fully aware of his shitty behaviour, though unlikely. Some people are really bad at reflecting their own actions.

If you talk to him and he won't change, quit.
>>
>>53925147
i felt the same way when people used to recommend the 3.5e fighter to new players

play divine casters newfriends, they are impossible to fuck up
>>
>>53925286
It's not that people don't play, it's that everyone has their favorite pet-class and is oblivious to any criticisms of it no matter how valid. See everyone claiming Warlock is a good character ever.
>>
>play a dwarven cleric inspired from warhammer fantasy
>an iron-bound book of grudges is attached to the front side of my shield
>the ultimate goal of my existence is to settle an ancient grudge
>being a borderline choleric, but charismatic dwarf (at least my party likes the way I play him)

>party tries to show my dwarf, that there is more to the world than grudge and hate
>slowly accepting that settling grudges in a non-violent matter is an option and that shrugging of insults doesn't hurt that much

>next adventure leads to a goblin encampment
>goblins looted buildings from surrounding villages, which were empty due to raids from another faction
>goblin encampment is protected by a large wall built from stolen furniture
>at the entrance two watch towers with cushioned chairs on top in which two goblins sit

>that is the moment to shine, party tells me to handle this peacefully
>"but these are stinky goblins!"
>try it nonetheless
>intimidate the shit out of the goblin guards, demanding to see their leader to find out what it is with their shenanigans
>guards let us pass
>we stupidly enter the encampment, goblinkind behind us, in front of us, next to us
>walk toward the leaders temp, ignoring remarks of the DM concerning the ground in front of us
>ground gives in, my dwarven cleric and both our fighters land inside a shallow pit
>obviously the "sewer" of this encampment, rotten animal corpses, food scraps and loads of goblin shit
>fuck this talking shit, giving in to rage
>slaughter the complete encampment, drown two of the goblins in their own shit
>set the whole camp ablaze and decide to stick to the old ways of grudge resolving
>>
>>53925333
>See everyone claiming Warlock is a good character ever.
I do this myself
>>
>>53925313
I don't like druida desu

Clerics and Paladins are great though, my only complaint is that clerics don't get anything amazing after 8th level
>>
>Make a barbarian
>choose eagle as my first totem because it fits my character
>group gets mad because I didn't choose bear

I am so fucking sick of bearbarians
>>
>>53925455
>not barbearians
it's like you've never punned before
>>
What was the force field master build again?
Warlock 2 / Abjuration Wizard the rest?
>>
>>53925455
>group gets mad because I didn't choose bear
There's your problem. Why would your group interfere in your character choice?
>>
>>53925455
>Jump
>Call it flying
Eagle barbarians, everybody
>>
>>53925387
see, when it comes to trust, you can't win. If you trust some stupid race like goblins or kobolds they'll just try and kill you because they can't see past immediate trickery. If you trust a smarter sentient race like humans or elves they'll play the long con, fuck you out of all your worldly posessions, honour and reputation, and leave you to die in a slum.
>>
>>53925521
>levitate via pure force of anger
>jump
pick one
>>
>>53920913

And that's why the CR didn't seem accurate
>>
>>53920887
Bone Naga isn't undead
>>
>get up this morning
>someone's been shitposting all over yesterday's thread
>interestingly, he also posted a piece of my art

Alright. Here's some info for you.

Since a few days ago that a game blew up I've been harassed outside of it by two disgruntled players over Discord game drama. I don't really give a shit except now that one is spamming this thread with pictures I drew and shitposting directed at me (tough shit but just because someone gnollposts that doesn't make it me. It might be hard for you to get given how I suspect you don't work, but I'm still in finals period and I have better things to do with my nights than spend them here).

So for the reference, the one who's doing that is just immature and butthurt (don't start me on his case). I have no intention to talk about this trash here, however, if he's gonna shit up the thread using -my- stuff I feel that I'm gonna at least drop a short explanation until he gets banned for terminal faggotry like he was on Reddit.

You guys carry on as normal. Sorry I had to talk about that subject but I pretty much have to at that point. Don't really wanna see this place turn into /pgg/. Peace.
>>
>>53924113
>despite that fact that the game allow them too
huh? Throwing them is a ranged attack, m8.
>>
>>53922508
Quipper's statblocks say they can adapt to cold subterranean lakes. I'd have the lake run far, far deeper than the locals realise.

Troll fishermen could also be interesting. They use themselves as bait to catch bags of fish. That does raise questions about the amount of energy required for a Troll to regenerate and what the trade-off would be, though.

Also, just want to say this is a really nice idea, well-thought out. I like your style.
>>
>>53925677
How about you try actually reading the book?

PHB 193
> When an object requires your action for its use, you take the Use an Object action.

Now look at Acid for example.
> Acid. As an action, you can splash the contents of this vial....
> As an action

Acid is an object. Acid requires your action for its use. Therefore, it fall under "Use an Object" action. Thus, it work with fast hand.
>>
>>53922721
>Honestly, I kinda like playing druids like traditional witches. They live on the fringes of society, study things like herbalism and nature magic (Wicca IRL is more about the forces of nature than demon-worship) and can shapeshift into forms convenient for hiding from society (like the whole black cat thing).

>traditional witches
>wicca

Anon, Wicca was invented by edgy neopagans in the 1950s. It's as far removed from traditional witches as scientology is from actual aliens.
Try the Witch of Endor if you want to go old-school.
>>
>>53925765
>As an action, you can splash the contents of this vial onto a creature within 5 feet of you or throw
the vial up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. In either case, make a ranged attack against a creature or object, treating the acid as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 acid damage.
> In either case, make a ranged attack
by your logic Fast Hands works with Swords as well because they're objects as well.
>>
Good idea or bad idea? I've only run premades and this is my first planned long campaign.

Players will have free range to do what they want but as for an overarching campaign I'll have background events/stages that occur at intervals, escalating in urgency and relevance until there is a climax. Players will run into clues and hear world news but it will be up to them whether or not they want to involve themselves in this campaign plot.
>>
>>53925810
man, you are an idiot aren't you? sword doesn't qualify for "use an object" action.

Because a sword doesn't has text telling you to "as an action this do x effect". That's why you have to use the all encompass Attack action, which allow you to make melee attack with whatever you have on-hand.

Please go read PHB before arguing.
>>
>>53925810
And you can't extra attack with acid/alchemist's fire for the same reason. It's under use an object action not attack action.
>>
>>53925897
>>53925956
Ah, now I see it. Sorry, kept thinking it was the 'object' tag that is relevant rather than the the 'use an object' rule tagging the wording in the equipment.
>>
>>53923158
I still have people say they don't want to play a paladin because they don't want to play a religious zealot

It's like they looked at the name "paladin" and immediately decided they hated it
>>
In Lost Mines of Phandelver, why would the players want to bother with any remaining sidequests (Agatha's lair, Thundertree, Wyvern Tor, Old Owl Well) the moment they learn the exact location of/find someone who'll lead them to Cragmaw Castle?

After all, they know Gundren is being held hostage. A player wouldn't be wrong to assume it won't last forever: Gundren could be killed as soon as the Black Spider obtains the map from the goblins. At best the Spider will keep him as a guide. After that, the players will probably assume they should race to Wave Echo Cave before the Spider gains too much of a foothold in the area, so the sidequests also go to waste.

So how should I handle those sidequests? As purely optional pointers to Cragmaw Castle?
Should I make it so Gundren is safe for about a week? How do I justify this and impart the information?
>>
File: Lance Knight Ref.jpg (45KB, 564x882px) Image search: [Google]
Lance Knight Ref.jpg
45KB, 564x882px
I have a character concept that I need help fleshing out.
The focus is an unmounted, lance wielding martial character, but i'm having difficulty in adding anything else to that concept.
Any tips for what class, feats, and ability score would help a lot.
>>
>>53925972
I like you anon
>>
>>53926036
>Unmounted lance
Not using a weapon that will give you disadvantage whenever someone steps adjacent to you
>>
>>53926050
thanks?
>>
>>53926036
For a start, don't wield a lance. Just refluff a glaive or pike, the +1 average damage is not worth disadvantage against enemies within 5 feet and I doubt that having a d12 damage die is crucial to your character's concept.

Then probably fighter I guess.
>>
>>53926036
Brawny feat? You will probably have to push your enemy away oftens.
>>
>>53925890
That really depends on your players. If they make characters with strong goals and motivation and they can follow up on them then go for it. If they usually make things like this is Travis he likes money and stabbing things, that is going to be harder to make work.
>>
>>53926057
>>53926078
But Lances are cool and I like the d12.
>>
>>53926036
Barbarian to soak up OA when you are trying to reposition yourself? Maybe Eagle totem so you can pretend to be charging all over the place?
>>
>>53926036
The thing in that picture is not a lance anyway, more like a halberd or long spear.
>>
>>53926036
If you want to optimize:

Variant Human
STR 16, CON at least 14, dump INT (it's a thoroughly useless stat) rest of attributes as you see fit but DEX/WIS are better than CHA.

Battle Master Fighter for class, Defense or GWF Fighting Style, Maneuvers you want are Precision and Riposte.

Feats:
1. Polearm Master
4. Sentinel
6. Great Weapon Master
8. STR +2
12. STR +2

Sentinel/GWM/ASI can go in any order but take Polearm Master with your first (racial) feat.

Uses a glaive/halberd. Off the PHB this is the build that's best at tactically fighting with a pointy stick.
>>
How does Primeval Guardian compare to other ranger conclaves?
Is pact of the blade hexblade a meme or is it good/fun?
>>
Any way that I, as a DM, could make Intelligence less useless of a stat in my campaign?

I imagine it'll wholly depend on the kind of obstacles they face. What is there that even causes an Intelligence saving throw?
>>
>>53926193
Mind Flayers
>>
>>53926036
That's not a lance.
>>
>>53926193
Having NPC making fun of them for how stupid they are.

INT-check on whether their character can remember their plan.
>>
>>53926193
Investigation and Arcana can be pretty important skills and both are int based. Just toss in some secret doors, magical traps and other things that would require them.
Maybe a history check to decipher the inscription on a door.
>>
File: 3rd Party Content.png (119KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
3rd Party Content.png
119KB, 222x221px
>>53926162
Hexblade is like every other non-paladin gish in the game, a tryhard that wishes it were a Paladin but is basically inferior in every way except for a specific gimmick that will never see use or is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>53926217
>INT-check on whether their character can remember their plan
Don't do this.
>>
>>53926193
I think you're looking at things wrong.

INT is fine being a useless stat. Not "fine" as in "it's fine the game is badly designed", but fine as in by default you don't have to bother with it so might as well not. Why try and complicate things? The only person with meaningfully high INT is going to be a Wizard, and Wizards are already kings of out of combat utility and don't need a buff - anyone else who is good at INT skills is only because they took Expertise, in which case you just look at making relevant those particular skills rather than the whole stat.
>>
>>53926222
>>53926193
This. People tend to use Perception instead of Investigation on a lot of things.
>>
>>53926193
Maybe the characters have a limited time to research or invent something, like a cure? That'd definitely require INT checks to me.
>>
Gonna make Vengeance Paladin. Are they still whirling dervishes of damage or can I channel my inner asshole and get similar results with Conquest?
>>
File: 1491500848366.jpg (305KB, 806x605px) Image search: [Google]
1491500848366.jpg
305KB, 806x605px
Can someone give advice on this overly complex trait for a homebrew race?
>Fierce Loyalty: When you drop to 0 hp or lower while within 10ft of a friendly creature you do not become incapacitated, instead you become Defiant. While Defiant you make death saving throws as if you were incapacitated but can still make your turns as normal with the following penalties: You have disadvantage on ability checks and saving throws, your movement speed is halved, you cannot heal yourself and if you end your turn farther than 10ft from a friendly creature you fall unconscious. If you succeed all of your death saving throws you stabilize as normal.
Should I just copy over the half-orcs trait and give them a once a day ability to drop to 1hp instead of becoming incapacitated?
>>
>>53926387
If you want whirling and crowd damage, you are probably better off with crown.
>>
>>53926405
Probably, since that's pretty close to a higher level Barbarian ability.
>>
>>53926110

Well shoot, I know my group is 50% goals and motivation and 50% Travis
>>
>>53926405
It's a bit wordy, but I've seen worse in a homebrew stuff.
>>
>>53926429

Too noblebright. Wouldn't fit the character concept.
>>
>>53926405

Can I try to reword this?

>Fierce Loyalty: When you drop to 0 hp or lower while within 10ft of a friendly creature you do not become incapacitated, instead you become Defiant. While Defiant you make death saving throws as if you were incapacitated but can still make your turns as normal with the following penalties: you suffer from three levels of exhaustion, you cannot heal yourself, and if you end your turn farther than 10ft from a friendly creature you fall unconscious. If you succeed all of your death saving throws you stabilize as normal.

The drawbacks you described all lump into "three levels of exhaustion," which can be looked up if need be. Just makes this description by itself easier to swallow. This comes with the addition of adding onto any pre-existing layers of exhaustion as well, though.

If it were up to me I would nerf and simplify it to:

>Fierce Loyalty: When you drop to 0 hp or lower while within 10 ft. of a friendly creature, you do not become incapacitated right away and instead become Defiant. While Defiant, you make death saving throws as if you were incapacitated but can still take your next turn as normal, and you only become unconscious at the end of that turn.

So while a Half-Orc straight up survives a felling blow with 1 HP but can only do so once per long rest, this homebrew race would just stave unconsciousness off outright while still being at risk of death for one more round before falling but this would happen every time.

But I dunno, fucking with death saves oughta be playtested, I'm just spitballing.
>>
>>53926476
>Paladin
>Too noblebright
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>53925810
This may be a dumb question, but since it says "Treat it as an improvised weapon", does this mean it deals 1d4 + STR bludgeoning (when the flask hits) + 2d6 acid (the splash) damage?

I mean, getting hit by a glass bottle irl will also fucking hurt, right, regardless of the contents?
>>
What would a family group of satyrs be called?
>>
>>53926509
Thanks!
What I'm worried about is it being better than what's in the PHB and giving someone a way to repeatedly heal themselves if they drop below 0 hp.
>>
>>53926543
A herd I would guess. Maybe a gaggle.
>>
>>53926405
So, basically, giving enemies even more reason to murder you?

Should probably adapt it for a non-deathsaves system.
>>
Chris Perkins rules divine sense as detecting good and evil, autists get the fuck out.
>>
>>53926476
>state of /tg/
>>
File: 1494762045473.jpg (127KB, 736x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1494762045473.jpg
127KB, 736x1134px
Name for a female noble elven divination wizard who's a stuck up cunt?
>>
Rogue / Favored Soul for red mage?
>>
File: 1485434232972.png (506KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
1485434232972.png
506KB, 600x738px
>>53926773
Bard
>>
>>53926760
Unicorn
>>
>>53926760
>female
>noble
>elf
>wizard
>cunt
Take the word "redundant" and shuffle the letters.
>>
>>53925233
You could make it very clear that there's a forbiddance on the area. They could dispel that, but then anything that happens is more on them.
>>
>>53926760
Doesn't matter, sounds like a shit character to be honest.
>>
>>53926760
Ashlight.
>>
>>53923106
>Haste
It's also a huge defensive buff, +2 AC and advantage on all Dex saves. Twincast it on two frontliners and you will bump damage a little and keep them ticking.

>Assuming at level 5 you've cast it on your Fighter friend and he's a PAM+GWM cheese master, it's only an extra 1d10+13 (18.5) damage each round for a 3rd level spell.
Fighters have weak individual hits, true, but a Barbarian, Paladin, and Bladelock will have very strong singular attacks.
>>
Is there an improved version of the Artificer that doesn't make the Mechanical Beast a separate archetype? While I think that is neat, it basically makes the character worthless and the Beast the actual character.
>>
>>53925333
Someone can certainly play a warlock if they ask. I won't say they shouldn't. But if someone asks what they should play, I pretty much won't recommend warlock.
>>
>>53921368
Yes. Why can you not figure that out?
>>
>>53926782
Bard can't fast cast spell. Dual casting is a trade mark of red mage.
>>
>>53926917
Take two levels of fighter, then or take time stop later

Because no caster can cast two proper spells without something like action surge.
>>
>>53926832
Not yet. Keep checking the dmguilds document for update.
>>
>>53926405
Just use exhaustion as a penalty.
I'd word it like this:
>If you fall below 1HP, you do not become unconscious as long as you end your turn within 10ft of a friendly creature and your exhaustion is less than 4. You may take turns under the effects of two more levels of exhaustion. You must still make saving throws to survive or stabilize and cannot heal yourself otherwise.
>>
>>53926953
Sorcerer with Quickened Spell?
>>
>>53923801
Anyone?
>>
>>53927031
nah
>>
>>53925313
>play divine casters newfriends, they are impossible to fuck up

I've seen a player fuck up a moon druid by dumping Wis and boosting Str, Dex, and Con because he wanted to fight with his staff when he got knocked out of wildshape. The character died after about 3 sessions.
>>
>>53926773
Arcane Trickster. Your main means of attack is a melee cantrip and you have a bunch of utility spells.
>>
>>53927057
Figured as much.
Apparantly all my questions have been too dumb/boring to get answers.
Over 5 days I only ever got a >rolling for stats
>>
File: 1497399919791.jpg (84KB, 795x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1497399919791.jpg
84KB, 795x1010px
>>53927007
Sorcerers with quickened spell can't cast two non-cantrip spells in the same turn.
>>
What kind of gunpowder weapon would use STR as its attack modifier?
>>
>>53926517
I think this means "treat this as an improvised weapon" for the purpose of other effects and abilities.
The 2d6 acid damage overwrites the default improvised weapon damage, which is just a guideline anyway.
Besides, it's a fragile little flask, not a large glass bottle, and it's thrown at you, not smashed on your head.

Now, meleeing someone with a glass bottle filled with a vial's worth of acid... yeah, that could do 1d4 + STR bludgeoning + 2d6 acid.
>>
>>53927116
Can't sorcerers cast a main spell, then use quickened spell to cast another main spell?
>>
Life sucks when you cannot into charop.
AC, hit chance, damage and spell slots all seem equally valid upgrades so no clear path can be found.
>>
>>53927116
They could fireball and attack though.
>>
>>53925712
>Troll fishermen could also be interesting. They use themselves as bait to catch bags of fish. That does raise questions about the amount of energy required for a Troll to regenerate and what the trade-off would be, though.

Even better, some kind of more-magical troll that's intentionally feeding bits of himself to the quippers, slowly affecting them over generations to become more and more like him until he can utilize them for some nefarious purpose.

Also this helped inspire an idea for my evil druids game. Thanks!
>>
File: gunhammer.png (103KB, 361x530px) Image search: [Google]
gunhammer.png
103KB, 361x530px
>>53927121
Gunhammer. Actually a lot of other weapon from Monster Hunter do exactly just that.
>>
>>53927131
magic casting rule brah. When you cast with a bonus action, you can only cast cantrip with your action.
>>
> People around here don't want to play Cleric / Bard / Druid / Wizard for some reason

Do people in your area has full caster phobia too? What is the cause of this?
>>
>>53927121
Throwing Barrels - Designed originally to be filled with water for the purpose of fighting fires, they can be filled with liquids or powders and are designed to break on contact. Weaponized ones are often built with a flint mechanism in side to create a spark as it breaks to ignite any flammable materials inside.

Keg Hammer - A throwing barrel on a handle
>>
>>53927111
>bunch of utility spells.
>Arcane Trickster
>2 non-mez spells for the vast majority of your career, at most 4
>>
>>53926642
Yes, his houserules are authoritative
>>
>>53927183
I think it's a perception that managing spells are hard and/or having over 9000 HP is the only way to be cool.
>>
>>53927111
> Red mage
> can't cast white magic
>>
>>53920713
Meanwhile Intellect Devourer is CR2 and I've seen a party of 7th level players lose people to 2.
>>
>>53927193
Keg Maul - Larger barrel, longer handle.
>>
File: 1406560494763.jpg (142KB, 1122x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406560494763.jpg
142KB, 1122x1080px
>>53923801
>>53927115

If you want to go full gimmick:

V Human, naturally.

1. PAM
4. Warcaster
6. Spell Sniper
8. STR +2
12. STR +2

You can take Sentinel afterwards or sub it for an ASI, but you're using Booming Blade for your reactions so might as well give them the chance to move for more damage. Naturally, you take Tunnel Fighter as your Fighting Style.

EK already has excellent AC from Shield, which is what you'll be using all your slots for. Don't worry about INT.
>>
Looking at playing a College of Satire bard in an upcoming campaign (this thursday).

Looks like it would make an amazing spy achitype character with expertise in Stealth and Deception. Plus their lv3 Tumble feature is actually retarded. Disengaging with a Climb speed of 60ft at lv3 every turn.
>>
File: 3442774429_5b98056498_z.jpg (99KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
3442774429_5b98056498_z.jpg
99KB, 361x500px
So I'm building a CHA focused warlock with some heavy caster focus. I was planning on taking green-flame blade and eldritch blast for my first two cantrips, then take the Undying patron for Spare the Dying. We're starting at level three too, so I was going to take Book of Shadows and grab Shillelagh, Guidance, and Thautmaturgy. Then grab Detect Magic and Find Familiar as my two rituals.

Thoughts? Tips?
>>
>>53920663
My group is switching to 5e at last. I've offered two players to convert their characters because they aren't that much into the ruleset. However, one of them is a bard (college of lore) and the other is a sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline).

I've did everything except the spell list because I can't figure out which spells are good. Both are level 5. Of course I offered them to change those spells when they don't like my choice. However, I wanted to provide them with a spell list so we could start playing without delay.
>>
>>53925518
Let's see
Character level 5:
Arcane Ward 9 AoA 10

Character level 7:
Arcane Ward 14 AoA 15

Character level 10
Arcane Ward 21 AoA 20

Need a way to get resistance.
>>
>>53927183
I'm forever DM. However, my party consists of
- 3 dwarven bards
- 1 gnome bard
- 2 half-orc bards
- 1 halfling rogue
Works pretty well so far and is a lot of fun.
>>
File: Castlevania_Chr01.gif (73KB, 348x470px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Chr01.gif
73KB, 348x470px
>>53927270
OH! I was also going to go V. Human and grab Magic Initiate for the warlock for a free first level casting of Hex per day and Minor Illusion and Friends tag along with the rest of the cantrips
>>
>>53927183
When did bard become a full caster?
>>
>>53927326
When did Cleric and Druid?
>>
>>53927312
Is the Rogue their stage manager or something? Damn that's a lot of Bards
>>
Is there still a community DM's Guild content trove going?
>>
>>53927254
Just making sure... but you do know that War Caster + Tunnel fighter still only let you cast one Booming Blade right?
>>
>>53927270
Eldritch Blast will be by far your best combat option, so don't spend your limited cantrips on GFB - get something with utility, like Minor Illusion or Friends.

Once you get to level 5, or if you delay Book of Ancient Secrets, taking Devil's Sight and combining it with Darkness should dissuade melee assailants.
>>
>>53927326
Are you lost? /pfg/ is that way anon.
>>
>>53927254
Thanks.
I was arguing dex vs str with myself for the longest time.
I suspect it's the ghost of 4es dex based polearm mastery that's been stuck in the back of my head.

I miss my swordmage, only time I got to be player in the entirety of 4th.
>>
>>53927353
Oh, then nevermind.

EK isn't better at battlefield control than any other fighter archetype.
>>
Do wizards have any penalties when casting in heavy armor?
>>
>>53927424
You need proficiency in the armor.
>>
>>53927414
Doesnt lightning lure help snag stragglers?
>>
>>53927337
Actually, that was the first idea. Currently he tries not to be seen as a part of the group. He has a ridiculous amount of charisma and uses perfomances of the bards to gather information, infiltrate and steal.

I wasn't sure wether this group setup was actually a good idea. But it is ultimately fun. I really like when players chose non ideal characters.
>>
>>53927424
not in 5e as long as they are proficient. Otherwise, they can't cast at all.
>>
How do I college of the sword Bard? They don't have damage booster at all... should I just necrodancer them and push enemy away?
>>
>>53927424
You need the armor proficiency. Generally what you do is take a 1 level dip into Fighter and then go Wizard of you plan on wearing full plate and casting.

This gives you training in all armors, as well as shields. And a fighting style you can choose from, and Defense style is really good for that because the whole purpose of the multiclass is to get armor in the first place. So it's a win win.

You also don't miss much by not going full wizard. Mainly because you're probably not leveling from 1 to 20 as 5e has no content past 15, and signature spell is cool but not all that amazing
>>
File: Juicer.jpg (303KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Juicer.jpg
303KB, 1440x810px
How viable is being a dedicated debilitating caster? Like always casting spells like Grease, Spike Growth, Faerie Fire, Bane, or Slow to fuck with the enemy.
>>
>>53927614
Not as viable as using actual disables like Hold Person and Hypnotic Pattern.
>>
>>53927614
Yes.
>>
>>53927630
Those were only examples. I'm planning on making an annoying to deal with caster who focuses on fucking with the DM's encounters as much as possible without actually being a damage dealer myself.
>>
>>53927644
so basically support wizard.
>>
>>53927493
The fighting styles are a boost. At level 10, take bonus action spells like spiritual weapon, banishing smite, etc. to get your next melee boost.
>>
>>53927614
Generally very viable, though demons and devils tend to be harder to control due to their advantage on saving throws against magic. Be sure you grab some things that don't rely on saves for those situations.
>>
>>53923096
>playing a game with your gf
>telling everyone about it
You're the worst, cancerous type of player.

You deserve getting cucked for bringing your stinky dramabomb to the group.
>>
File: Inquisitive Faker.png (9KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitive Faker.png
9KB, 300x310px
>>53927654
I haven't decided on a class yet, but I suppose Wizard would be the optimal choice since they get the most known spells to prepare. There are some spells I want to steal somehow from Ranger and Cleric, though, but I'm not entirely sure how without multiclassing.
>>
>>53927699
Because warcaster only let you cast the spell as reaction when OA trigger. It's not actually an OA.

> When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack

> rather than
>>
>>53927700
>There are some spells I want to steal somehow from Ranger and Cleric, though, but I'm not entirely sure how without multiclassing.

Lore Bard. It has a lot of control spells built in and what you describe is what Magical Secrets are for.
>>
>>53927744
Yeah, just found that, also PAM's AoO is errata/twitterfixed to only apply to attack with said polearm.
>>
File: 1496657228728.png (184KB, 790x557px) Image search: [Google]
1496657228728.png
184KB, 790x557px
>>53927312
>6 bards
>1 rogue
>>
>>53927776
>Yeah, just found that, also PAM's AoO is errata/twitterfixed to only apply to attack with said polearm.

That still allows Booming Blade at least. Might need Spell Sniper to use that with a glaive or halberd though.
>>
File: 111.jpg (13KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
13KB, 226x223px
How do I become the cutest elf? What class is she? She can heal, blast and use dark ritual.
>>
How do I make magic not seem so mundane ? Is it even possible with players seemingly so jaded playing in a high magic system?

For example I recently foreshadowed a powerful druid who was enraging animals under its command to attack helpless tribes people . I had picture the s tribes people had carved on the walls of this druid wielding a staff, which I intended simply as the druids focus, and doing its evil deeds.

Players confronted and defeated the druid and were disappointed that they now didn't have some magical staff of command.

It seems there's a disconnect with player expectation here and I'm.not sure how to resolve it.
>>
>>53927869
>>53927869
>>53927869
>>53927869
>>53927869

New thread.
>>
>>53927312
That sounds awesome. Got anything you could storytime for us? Please?
>>
>>53922646
??? wizard?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.