[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 36

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
"Good things soon" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

>Where did the Mandragora Apocrypha go?
The namefag working on it has fucked off to finish it in peace after our autists yelled at him over the unfinished version they found.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Previous: >>53779289

Given how there are hundreds or even thousands of people around now who remember 30k clearly and fondly, do you approve of mixing 30k and 40k tactics, such as seeing volkite weapons in common use, or space marine chapters using legion tactics?
>>
>>53842242
1st for my players are fagboys who don't show up for the session that they said they would show up for.
>>
I dont. The timer stopped for me in m41.850 and as it stopped after storm of chaos in wfrp2ed for me - the nugw can stick the timeline progress up their fat asses
>>
>>53842407
Kick them
>>
>>53842412

>timeline progress

But the date is plus or minus 900 years. that means you get your chadmarines whether you like it or not :^)
>>
>>53842527
In your dreams anon. Making shitty lore and bamboozling tens of thousands marines in mars just because you need to make the scale of wargame miniatures bigger is a poor excuse
>>
Chapter 2 of the book is now done. It has a bunch of new basic specializations, advanced ones, and command ones. This means three of the four planned chapters are complete. All that's left is some fixes to Chapter 3, and I can put the full book together. As always, let me know if anyone finds problems.
>>
File: Chimera00.png (982KB, 818x526px) Image search: [Google]
Chimera00.png
982KB, 818x526px
So Anons, does anyone know roughly how far a Chimera can get before it need refuelling?

I've crashed my players in the middle of a desert continent behind enemy lines and it would be useful for them to know how far they can actually get before having to raid Ork outposts for fuel...
>>
What do eldar/Deldar use for voidsuits?
I assume wychsuits are not vacuum compliant.
>>
>>53842830
I'd say to look at similar irl transports, but remember that you get worse gas mileage if you're pushing the engine hard than if you're at a low rpm cruise. Consult the machine spirits.
Also note that a chimera's top on road speed is 70km/h, and offroad is 55. You're not getting to the frontlines in any kind of hurry.
>>
>>53842830
I usually go with a full tank is good for 12 hours give or take

>>53843530
plus loss for gunning it
>>
>>53843484
something silly and 80s looking imo
>>
>>53843484
Something skintight, see-through and with lots of spare patches for when they have mishaps with their strapped on spikes...
>>
>>53838262
Incredibly deep shit, chances are that they can't even run away because genestealers are fast as fuck.
>>
>>53844206
yeah I didn't bring up the part about how they can run down a Tyrannosaur, I figured the guy just wanted them to run and would gimp it lol
>>
>>53844572
At least he isn't using the lictor which can outrun some vehicles.
>>
>>53844572
Maybe give them a few underlings that it can catch and chew on so they know what they're dealing with, and have enough time to run.
>>
How often do chapters gift each other items? Like how likely is a Howling Griffon to have a blood angels bolter or some shit because he helped defend some geneseed or a wounded marine? not talking relics, more like a sign of respect/gratitude. I kinda wanna play a marine who's company assists a bunch of other chapters, and just has a bunch of markings and trinkets from his campaigns from other chapters. just a really cultured marine I guess.
>>
>>53842830
Like >>53843530 said, I'd base it off irl transports. I'd probably go with the Stryker. That's actually supposed to be an APC rather than an IFV.

>>53847665
I'd say it would be rare. Shit costs money and takes time to produce. I could see it in the case of "lost primary weapon and then fellow SM gave me his back up" or something along those lines.
>>
>>53840907
Dude. All my players in my current only war game were fighting a battle, massive one way fight when I decided to try out a psyker against them. The first fucking roll he gets a 99 and then rolls on perils.

Mass
Fucking
Possession

Every player got possessed aside the ratling who might as well be blessed by the fucking God Emperor at this point because of how hilariously bad the daemon rolled to possess him.

The daemon rolled for a possession attempt. Got a 100 and banished itself.

The player then followed it up with a fucking 1 on a willpower test against the entity which banished itself and he erased it from existence with the power of his mind.

Otherwise, it was a massive shitshow and I had to pull off some bullshit out of my ass just to not have literally the entire regiment executed. Instead they got half executed (Amazingly, one of them who mutated shot off his fucking arms and was allowed to continue fighting after passing a fellowship test on a crit) and are condemned to death fighting and doing suicide missions now. To redeem themselves in death.
>>
>>53842813
Nice
>>
>>53847922
They should become mind wipef and explosive collared
>>
>>53843484
Void-hardened variants of the armour they wear to combat. Their basic void-suits probably look similar enough to their armour too, though I could imagine they also have something similar to the space-suits in GotG too if you want to drive home how advanced they are.
>>
>>53842830
Twelve hours at normal/tactical speed. Less if they are pressing the pedal to metal.
>>
>>53842830
Given imperium's engines, they can probably just stuff some orks into the tank and it will keep going.
>>
>>53850230
memes
>>
My Dark Heresy party is super duper Radical, consisting of a Malatek/Factor techpriest, a mutant (rogue psyker with 'From Beyond') masquerading as a cleric, the Venator bodyguard of the techpriest (me), and an actual sanctioned psyker who's being trained in divination.

Our GM is considering letting another player join, and their character concept is 'Shrine World-born Redemptionist Cleric'. Should I be concerned about the huge fucking conflict that will cause or should I just trust that the GM will make it work?
>>
>>53850895
You should be concerned. No way a Redemptionist would allow your menagerie to live, the cell is going to fucking self-destruct.
>>
>>53850895
Your cell is fucked, unless you're super fucking careful to keep all your heresy out of the new party member's vision, or manage to pull them around to your point of view (not likely)
>>
>>53850895
Why is GM allowing that? Blatantly retarded
>>
>>53851171
the party as it stands, or a Redemptionist to be added to the powder keg of a party?
>>
>>53851487
Obviously the Redemptionist. it's blatant obvious that the inquisitior/inquisitor ring that has this cell is either radical or hangs in the balance. Puritanist redemptionist cleric will be a powder keg that will derail it. I assume you are playing dh1, never played it - I played only dh2. How does it feel?
>>
>>53851487
We both know that that guy will try to eviscerator ass of the mutant and malatek big time
>>
>>53851520
I like the increased 'definition' in 1e although I understand why most prefer 2e. I just like being able to consult the rules for any given scenario because I've had bad experiences with GMs who go the 'fuck you I am God in this realm' route. Having strongly defined paths eases my anxiety.
>>
>>53851520
Also the Inquisitor is an Istvaanian hence why the gm is even considering it because 'strength from conflict amirite'
>>
>>53851690
>Strength from conflict
Is not the same thing as "Get my dudes to fight each other and accomplish literally nothing."
Istvaanians want the Imperium to grow strong through enduring hardship, they are not so near sighted as to literally set up an acolyte cell where one member wants to kill all the others.
>>
>>53852369
I mean the Radical's handbook suggests they're sorta like that, as in 'actively setting up two of their acolyte cells to come into conflict because the violence will spill over'
>>
>>53850895
just kill them
>>
>>53850895
Kill them, blame it on the psyker
>>
>>53853154
>>53853564
I'm worried about 'striking first' because it'll come across as an OOC dick move.
>>
>>53853655
Ok, get him drunk, get him to tell you how he feels about mutants and shit, and then lethally drug him

of course he might not tell you because the GM has read him in on whats going on and wants him to cause maximum fuck, so there's that
>>
>>53853655
It might be that the GM and player have discussed this and how to handle it?

If they haven't and you really get a full blown Redemptionist into your group, your character should realize that it's going to come to blows really fucking fast, so even if you don't want to attack him first, preparing for eventual fight isn't all that weird.
>>
>>53850895

Are you sure the player knows what a redemptionist is?
>>
>>53850895
A redemptionist cannot be roleplayed properly in that party. Not if you still want a party, or a Redemptionist.
>>
>>53842242
>Given how there are hundreds or even thousands of people around now who remember 30k clearly and fondly, do you approve of mixing 30k and 40k tactics, such as seeing volkite weapons in common use, or space marine chapters using legion tactics?

I don't play 40kRP for Astartes bullshit.

>>53842407
Sounds like cause for running into Necrons next session.

>>53842830
Depends on what makes the game better. Just say they've got enough fuel to pursue one or maybe two at the outermost of several options for securing fuel, according to most current intel. Have not taking one of the other options complicate the one they choose.

>intel suggests an enemy stronghold with lots of fuel or several outlying outposts mostly crewed by grots that have a little fuel each; that'll be tedious but safer. There is also an Imperial fuel depot a little farther than either... but you've got to beat the Orks there.
>take grotposts, Orks secure fuel and you're fucked unless you can outrun them
>raid stronghold, sneaky gretchin fucks try to sabotage your shit later but they're too cowardly to go for the depot themselves
>taking depot will probably trip weedy grot scouts augurs, leading to a firefight to hold the outpost while Chimera(s) are getting fueled and a linebreaker mission when the main Ork force attempts to block your escape
>>
>>53856155
>>53856097
>>53853795
Apparently the guy is just used to playing puritan characters/prefers playing the typical FOR TEH EMPRAH type and our GM has been trying to find ways to work that in without a TPK/shitstorm. I think he suggested a Cult of Pure Form character but I'm nnnnot really sure that's any better because half the party are crazy tech-heavy.
>>
>>53843484
Wyches oil their bodies up with a vacuum-proof substance and wear respirators and goggles.
>itstimetooilup.jpg

>>53847665
Things like little charms or basic weapons would be given or exchanged as tokens of high personal honor.

>I, Brother Rafael of the Angels Encarmine, present this the sigil of a grail rendered in gilded plasteel by mine own hand, and present it to thee, Brother Tauros of the Howling Griffons, for thy peerless defense of our Sanguinary Priest from the greenskin scourge at Paraxes V and the injuries thou sustained thereof.
>I, Tauros of the Howling Griffons, do hereby accept thy sigil, and swear upon my honor to bear it in place of pride upon mine armor during significant combat action and ceremony, and most especially when alongside the descendants of Sanguinius.
>>
>>53850895
Well, you've got a couple options.

>allow GM/player fuckery to derail plans and cause party drama that will likely involve spilled blood and character death
>preempt character death by ganking Redemptionist and pissing off GM and alienating player
>attempt to hide your heresy and perhaps corrupt the Redemptionist
>wait for GM to use Redemptionist meltdown at a crucial moment to force a TPK, according to his shitheaded keikaku

My advice? Gank the fundie and tell your GM not to fuck around with your party comp that hard without some discussion first.
>>
>>53856571
>>>53843484 (You)
>Wyches oil their bodies up with a vacuum-proof substance and wear respirators and goggles.
You're kidding, right?
>>
>>53856661
I gave as good an answer to your question as the lore has. Which is, 'I don't think it's really touched on so make up some crazy bullshit that sounds like what those fucks would do.'
>>
>>53856438
Have the GM tell the player part of roleplaying is trying new fucking things. Maybe I'm prejudiced just because of the Dark Heresy game where a player insisted on playing his elf sorceress from D&D, but fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>53856632
I mean he set it up as a Radical campaign and I think the reason he's making these accommodations is because the prospective new player is a really good friend of his? I mean I'm loathe to yell 'GM favoritism' but he seems to be seriously considering just letting the guy join as Ultra-Puritan.
>>
>>53842813

I'm hype for it. The horus heresy is a more coherent setting than the modern day at this point.
>>
>>53857726
just kill him lol, I mean what's next, the guys going to try to railroad you into dealing with him and won't let you shoot him?
>>
>>53857805
Odd question, not meant for trolling -
what do you *do* in the HH Era?
I mean, in m41, there's lots of opportunities for, well, Inquisitors and Rogue Traders to go gallivanting around troubleshooting (or troublemaking).
During the Heresy, isn't everyone busy fighting the war? There's no Inquisition, and I don't imagine the Trader Houses being particularly strong at this point. Is it all just one big game of Only War?
>>
>>53858573

The Rogue Traders were just as influential. You run around gallivanting and trouble making as Blackshields, the Knights Errant, the Shattered Legions, and there plenty of legions that flat out worked together in the same expeditionary fleet. Sometimes Compliance required diplomacy and not fighting.

Plus there's no faggot tau.
>>
>>53858630
Yeah, but there are also no sisters.
>>
>>53858773

You get the Silent variety, just like any good woman should be.
>>
>>53858630
So, still plenty of opportunities of Deathwatch-style 'these 4-6 Marines get plucked from the battle lines of their Legions for a special assignment'? Good to know.
>>
>>53858573
You attempt to save the Galaxy from the largest Black Crusade ever, the zeroeth, lead by a mad Primarch and his merry band of chaos worshippers
>>
Anyone happen to know of an RT campaign recruiting? With the death of gamefinder, my only option is a full-on ERP game, and I'm not about that life.
>>
If I'm a navigator or astropath (or psyker in general), is it worth it to take a full auto weapon just in case you need suppressing fire? It doesn't seem like you need any advances for it to be effective.
>>
>>53860322
As anybody, it is a good idea to have a melee weapon (preferably with balanced), a basic ranged weapon, and a pistol weapon.

A psyker should always use a mundane solution if they cannot use fettered for whatever reason.
>>
>>53860349
Cool.
I like the idea of my navigator trying to help whenever his powers are irrelevant by spraying bullets in the general direction of the enemy
>>
>>53842242
I have a story from my first Only War session.
>I'm GM
>two players, first is a depressed operator, the other is a arrogant Commisar.
>they have a tank because Mordarians
>their mission is to attack a small agri-town on a traitor agri-world, kill everyone, don't destroy it.
>commissar tells two NPCs to stand by the plasteel door, ready to break in.
>proceeds to fire the main gun, destroying the door and both guardsmen.
>tank then is hit by a RPG, taking massive damage.
>they retreat
>everyone but the commissar is executed for dumbassery
>commissar is turned into a mono-task servitor to repent.
>>
>>53860527
Honestly, I think that's the best way you could have handled it for a pair that inconceivably stupid.
>>
>>53860527
Sounds like they should be rogue traders next
>>
>>53859124
Probably even more than regular 40k. Think of it like Deathwatch meets Rogue Trader.
>>
What is the easiest & best way to build a melee psyker badass in Dark Heresy 2nd? Because I cant find a way to be Sanctioned without losing every good melee aptitude
>>
What sounds better as a Titan Legion motto:

Nullus Vivere or Nil Vivere?
>>
>>53863446
Super pro tip regarding 2e psykers.

If you stats allow it, just buy the psyker advance with exp in character generation.
>>
>>53858773
You can just fluff up an all-female Solar Auxilia.
>>
What are the odds that a new version of WH40k is pushed out in the next 3 years?
>>
>>53863618
>7th was 2014
>8th was today
Probable.
>>
So Anonymous, I have a question.

Why hasn't humanity mass produced Emprahs to save the universe?

It sounds crazy, I know, but hear me out.

So the Emprah was born when all the shamans -- trained psykers -- of a Neolithic Earth decided to merge all their souls together in one big reincarnation bubble, yeah? And that was at a time when the total human population was absolutely minuscule compared to what it is in the 41st Millennium. Today, in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, there are not only orders of magnitude more humans, but there are also orders of magnitude more psykers.

So what humanity needs to do is train a couple thousand psykers to be disciplined and self-sacrificing and generally awesome shamans who are willing to merge into a new being for reincarnation purposes. If the Warp is currently too turbulent for any such combined soul to survive the process, then we need a way to make it safe within a small area or otherwise shelter the gestalt soul entity until it reincarnates. A method of directing exactly where it reincarnates would also be nice, but either way, bam, we have a new Emprah class entity.

Actually, now that I think about it, don't we already have a method for making a small area of the Warp safe for human travel? They're called Gellar Fields.

Anyway, that's step 1.

Once we have this new Emprah class entity, we can't rest on our laurels. One Emprah was awesome, and can fight the chaos gods to a standstill. But why should we be content with that? So we do it again. And again. And again. And again. And we keep doing it, say, every 50 years or so, until all humanity exists within a protective bubble generated by this awesome hivemind of thousands and thousands of Emprahs that stretches all the way across the galaxy.

Problem, Chaos?
>>
>>53863557
But won't that make me a dirty heretic?
>>
>>53863781
No. You just need the astra telepathica background + Psyker. Mystic is just the guaranteed way of getting Psyker.
>>
>>53863798
What is a good melee role to get? Warrior seems to be more of an all purpose thing
>>
>>53863853
Crusader, Assassin, or Fanatic. Penitent to a lesser extent.
>>
>>53863674
An RPG I mean, obviously.
>>
>>53863765
And how many people in the imperium know of the Emperor's actual origins?
>>
>>53863540
Don't they mean the same thing?
>>
>>53864046
Probably at least a few dozen. Many of them would be Primarchs. Hell, if I were a Primarch, I would totally be growing a legion of backup Emperors.
>>
>>53864046
At least the Emperor.
>>
File: 1461518042840.jpg (71KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1461518042840.jpg
71KB, 500x540px
>friends invite me to play Dark Heresy for the first time
>super excited
>wrote up my character
>gave him a backstory
>session 1: lose my leg
>session 2: get magdumped into a coma
>session 3: lose my arm
>>
>>53864788
>Replacing the failed flesh with superior bionics
I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>53863765
Chaos Gods certainly would know or at very minimum suspect what the Emperor is. Since they aren't mass producing Chaos-Emprahs, we can probably conclude that it can't be done.

Your premise is that Emperor's power comes from just being fused soul of bunch of psykers but more likely scenario is that when the shamans did their thing, what they created was manifestation of humanity's psychic potential. And that can't be replicated.
>>
>>53865124
We're cut off in the middle of a ruined ass city infested with gibbering madmen, with no communications. This campaign hurts.
>>
>>53864788
Lay down suppressing fire. It's an essential combat role.
>>
>>53865251
That does seem worse. Quite harsh for a beginning campaign, too.
>>
>>53865251
Suppressing fire and area denial with nades.
>>
>>53864788
>>53865251
1. Sounds great

2. I wish my GM would do more lethal stuff with us.
>>
>>53865607
If you want easy begginings just switch to d&d or pf pal
>>
>>53864788
>>53865251
>getting shot
>in a closed, extremely obstructed space like a city
If you're a soldier and not a) on your belly and b) behind cover the second the bullets start flying, you're not doing it right. And cities offer unprecedented amounts of cover.
>>
>>53864233
>>53864046
To my knowledge, no one does save the Emperor. Neither original or black library origin. However, if there was one who did, it'd likely be Malcador.
>>
>>53863765
1)In the Shaman fluff the shamans were specifically stating to have had a unique "special" relationship with an aspect of the warp that, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists in 40k.
2)A gellar field projects a bubble of real space around your ship. Your psykers are just all going to be devoured instantly like the Shamans had started to.

I don't mind that you cite Shaman fluff, but even in the context of that fluff, it can't be done. You'd need a psychic kiddy pool of some sort these days, some kinda circuit like thing that goes to infinity. But I doubt it'd even occur to the Imperium to stick dead psykers into such a circuit until they fuse into a new god.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 522x95px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 522x95px
>>53865204
In the fluff in question, there's no indication that the Chaos Gods knew what, specifically the Emperor was, but they definitely 100% knew about him and that he'd be trouble.
>>
How would you guys build a space marine strike cruiser in Rogue Trader? I was thinking a Secutor with launch bays as the base, but what else should it have?
>>
>>53868943
Space Marine ships are typically high-armor, high-speed, and have bombardment cannon at the bottom, and of course, torpedo tubes. In ship-to-ship combat, they're relatively lightly armed for ships of their size, because their real power (in addition to their armor and speed) is in boarding actions. For obvious reasons.
>>
>>53842560
insecure manlet detected
>>
>>53868979
That of course is a generality. According to BFG battle barges can come in all shapes and sizes and is more a role-signifier than a class of ship (though you've no doubt seen the standard pattern of battle barge in the art.)
But BFG also notes that some space marine chapters have actual Navy Battleships (The Space Wolves are stated to prefer Retributions) for battle barges, with small modifications to make them better for the role, or even entirely unique patterns to their chapter.

I imagine Strike Cruisers aren't too terribly different.
>>
File: Untitled.png (315KB, 827x266px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
315KB, 827x266px
>>53869021
Yeah, they're the same.
>>
Getting ready to start a inverse Dark Heresy 2nd edition campaign. Basically using the rules for character creation from Dark Heresy while taking mutations and other interesting concepts from BC. Anyone do this before? Anyone got advice for running a subtle chaos campaign?
>>
>>53868984
6'2 tall here, stop talkin shit faggot
>>
>>53869499
Why not using bc tho?
>>
>>53869758

Because the alignment system for advancements is garbage and limiting. Not to mention some of the skill alignments make no sense.

DH2 allows my players to more directly design their PCs
>>
File: pout.png (77KB, 435x367px) Image search: [Google]
pout.png
77KB, 435x367px
>>53868128
It's my first campaign!
I've just been meekly following the group trying to get my bearings as I learn. My leg was lost to a guy with a chainsword ambushing us critting the shit out of me. I got sniped and sprayed after failing a stealth test to follow everyone across the street. Then we had what I guess was a boss battle against a psyker who set my arm aflame, and the psyker (who had been helping me walk) in our party tried doing something which failed and caused everyone in the room to believe they were birds, so I flopped around on the ground foaming at the mouth until it was charred bone.
>>
>>53870907
Step one: Get in cover
Step two: Never forget you have a react action every turn
Step three: Fate points are your friend
>>
File: Spess Mareen Vidya.jpg (40KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Spess Mareen Vidya.jpg
40KB, 620x349px
It's done. It's finally fucking done. I feel like there's a big weight off my back.

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.0.0)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sbaiodixbeoxxd1/

This book, 215 pages long and clocking in at 10MB, allows you to play as a Spess Mareen Legionary during the glorious days of the Great Crusade, and the suffering of the Age of Darkness. Within are rules for all 18 Legions, new specialties to represent Legion Tactica like the Breacher and Destroyer, new Advanced Specialties for every Legion such as the Kakophoni, Invictarus Suzerain, and Gal Vorbak, exotic new armaments like volkite and battle automata, vehicles from the Scimitar Jetbike to the Fellblade and Stormbird, Dreadnoughts from Contemptors to Leviathans, Relics of the Age of Darkness, and even voidships, such as the Battle Barge, Strike Cruiser, Vanguard Cruiser, and more.

You may notice, however, that some Legions are missing stuff. The White Scars, Dark Angels, and Blood Angels are lacking in Legion specialties because their books have not come out yet, and the Voidship section is rather bare, since I am waiting for Forge World's alleged Battlefleet Heresy game, the successor to Battlefleet Gothic. Beyond these minor hiccups, everything should now exist for full framework of playing a Great Crusade Deathwatch game. Once more books come out with new stuff, I will update as always with the most recent material.
>>
>>53871510
Fanks for the hard work, m80. Rest up. You're eventually going to be asked to convert 8th edition to something we can all play around in.
>>
>>53871510

is this what weaponized autism looks like
>>
>>53871510
neat, great work
>>
>>53871510
Good work lad. Don't give a fuck about neckbeards raging soon, tho.
>>
File: Warkaze.png (111KB, 250x267px) Image search: [Google]
Warkaze.png
111KB, 250x267px
>>53870907
Under normal circumstances, when you go anywhere and do anything as a soldier, you have only two options at every moment:
a) Move
or
b) Shoot.
You cannot do both, and most importantly, while doing one, someone else needs to be doing the other. This is the basis for modern fire and movement based infantry tactics.

To take an example, you try to cross that street that you got shot into a coma on. On FUCKING PRINCIPLE, a soldier does not move out of cover when there is fire on him. You must make the fire shut up first. To achieve this, you split the squad into two fireteams. Optimally, both have about the same amount of fire power, which means you need at least two heavy weapons, one for each team. Machine guns are best. Grenade launchers are close second, especially those that can fire multiple times in rapid sucession. Then one of the two teams starts hosing the position of the enemy the FUCK down in order to suppress them while the other team guns it towards a place that is close enough to reach while taking minimum amount of return fire and also has enough cover to immediately see them safe once they reach it.

They start running. If ANYBODY gets hit, you grab that person and keep dragging them after you, you need their hands. Once they reach the cover, the roles switch. The team that just moved shoots the shit out of the enemy position to keep their heads down while the other team guns it towards their chosen new cover.

Rinse and repeat.

The only part of this strategy that changes is the direction in which you go. If the enemy is superior, meaning they have more numbers or firepower, you move away from the enemy until you can get completely out of his field of fire. This is called disengaging. If the enemy is inferior, meaning they have less numbers or firepower, you move towards them. This is called assaulting. You do so until you cleave their heads open with your entrenching tool.

Now go forth and be the grunt you were meant to be.
>>
>>53869740
>6'2"
>tall

When will they learn?
>>
>>53869740
So you're like, a cheerleader for manlets? How does it feel like when your team is literally born to lose?
>>
>>53864788
Take cover. Plan better. Don't get greedy.
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 450x135px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 450x135px
>>53871896
Well, he already came out of the closet as a hardcore /r9k/-incel here >>53858785, weaponized autism kinda comes with the territory.
>>
File: Bqefefng.jpg (47KB, 728x432px) Image search: [Google]
Bqefefng.jpg
47KB, 728x432px
Are these 40k RPGs reasonably popular?
I'm only vaguely familiar with the setting, but I haven't done any tabletop in years and I wanna do some scifi. Rogue Trader looks especially neat with the spaceship mechanics.
>>
>>53873158
Rogue trader is about being fabulously wealthy and leveraging that for whatever heresy you feel like. After all, your Warrant keeps you safe from most =][= bullshit.
>>
>>53873131

>/b/-tier immaturity is now /r9k/

How times have changed
>>
>>53850895
Have you tried talking to the player yet?
>>
>>53873131
Back in my day that's just your bog-standard edgy humor 4chins comment.
>>
>>53863765
He's really Reaper from the DOOM movie

C24, bitches
>>
>>53868943
Off the top of my head?

Speed 7, Maneuver +35, AV 22 Front (If it has a launch bay there, if it does give the LB +4 strength and a free pilot's ready room, if it's somewhere else give it AV 24 front), 24 on the sides, 22 to the aft, Detection +30, 88 Hull Integrity, 4 Turrets, 3 Voids with a Shield Capacitor, 4 shot torpedoes, some made up super good broadsides, Lance and/or Bombardment Cannon on the upper/lower Dorsal to taste, the more likely your chapter is to call in close range orbital support, the more likely they're there.

Some super efficient Plasma (Plasma Baffles and Bonuses to Running Silent, like +20-40 or something) and Warp Drive (homebrew!), Gellar Field, Super Duper Void Shield Array, All the Weapons Above, Chapter Serf's/+ Servitor Quarters, Chapel to the Chapter's Heroes (doubles as SM Barracks and Temple to the Emperor Ascendant), Powered Warpsbane Hull, Emergency Field, Navigation Spire with something that helps the Navigators, some sort of derp array or submersion tanks or something, Astopatharium, Stasis Chambers with backup Astropaths and Navigators on Ice, Airlock-Pattern Life Sustainer with integrated fire suppression, Field Bracing and Tenbro Maze that double's the Maze's efficiency since the ships chucked full of locking bulkhead doors, something probably close to an Armoured Bridge of Antiquity, whatever it is probably +10 to everything, if you got your hands on it +whatever to profit factor to 3 random conquests, Extended Supply Vaults (Full of Bolter rounds, naturally), Hydroponic Bay to make Spess Marine Sludge, can feed them indefinitely if they have orbital support when deployed, Medicae Suite with Stasis Pods, Brig with Psy-Suppression and Stasis Pods, some ridiculous Planet-Scanning Auspex, Drop Pod Launch Bay, Defensive Countermeasures, Flak Cannons, Teleportarium, Murder Servitors, Broadband Hymn Casters and possibly a Minelayer Bay.

Note that's a Cruiser, pretty sure they have Strike Destroyers too (SM Movie?)
>>
>>53875148

That sounds really wanky.
>>
>>53875281
they get all the best stuff, m80, Grey Knights are even more ridiculous IMO
>>
>>53875346

Their armor is on par with the navy, though their ships are faster, and their stuff is more based around planetary bombardment instead of flat out fighting. They don't have plus infinity to everything like you have listed.
>>
>>53875383
You're right, thus they have one less broadside on each side
>>
>>53868943

There's one in >>53871510. It doesn't seem too wanky. Detection, speed, and armor are good, but hull is lower than average. I'm guessing it was taken out of BFG.
>>
Who does all the work on SM ships anyway? I'd assume techmarines do the "maintenance" but who does the other roles? I have trouble envisioning a Space Marine out of armor sitting at some spaceship controls.
>>
>>53875459
Chapter Serfs and/or Servitors
>>
>>53875459

In 40k, you have chapter serfs doing the majority, since a strike cruiser will have mayber 30 marines max aboard. In 30k you had legit marines and serfs were just for menial stuff usually.
>>
>>53842242
>>Where did the Mandragora Apocrypha go?
The who'dey what now?
>>
File: Mordian Iron Guard at fire.jpg (104KB, 858x617px) Image search: [Google]
Mordian Iron Guard at fire.jpg
104KB, 858x617px
>When you're meeting an inquisitor over a fancy dinner and realize you are the only member of your party who doesn't speak High Gothic
>>
File: Untitled.png (91KB, 672x323px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
91KB, 672x323px
>>53875459
>>
>>53873131
Stop encouraging filthy trip-fags.
Just ignore them.
>>
>>53875499
>>53876206
Huh. Didn't know about them.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Serf
Aside from a few chapters, it looks like they live some of the least grimdark lives in the Imperium.
>>
Starting an only war game as a DM tomorrow,any tips or tricks i should know beforehand?
>>
>>53876512
Dont forget about talents for npcs.
>>
>>53876512
tanks are amazing
>>
>>53876512
Remind them that they're a squad and to work together.
>>
>>53876363
I kinda wanna run a game where all the players are serfs or other SM affiliated non-Marines. Any system works. OW would be some newby noviate marines, DH would be serfs on a mission, BC would be serfs on a mission from Alpha Legion, RT would be serfs on a boat, DW would be Scout Marines trying to earn their place in the chapter.
>>
>>53876024
Does anyone speak High Gothic casually?
>>
>>53879374
anyone pompous?
>>
>>53879374
The Imperial Knight pilot in our party speaks only High Gothic.
>>
>>53879374
Nobles and those that travel a fair bit and thus have to deal with very different peoples and cultures would be my guess. High Gothic is supposedly the same(ish) anywhere you go in the Imperium, so not having to learn 12,000 different languages to be able to communicate seems like it would be useful.
>>
Do people usually run these games separately? It seems like it works like the Star Wars EotE/etc series where they all just kinda bleed together and you can use things from each instead of limiting people to one.
>>
>>53871510

The Horus Heresy was a mistake
>>
>>53879704
>High Gothic is supposedly the same(ish) anywhere you go in the Imperium
Because it's literally their equivalent of Latin for us - a dead language that still sees use in some ways.

>>53880095
Usually separate. Rules change between systems, as do power levels, so it's not a smooth transition.
>>
Send help.

>Have to investigate a noble house who might be dabbling in Sorcery
>The only one of us who knows how to deal with these people had to leave for the summer
>Leaving the timid Psyker (me), the Techpriest with too much common sense, the Feral-Worlder Guardsman (our new recruit replacing the 'face'), and our insane trigger-happy sniper.
>I spend half the session passed out from ONE botched Fear test after sensing a daemonic orb's dying screams
>We all permanently lose 2 Influence because after the sniper starts a firefight for no reason and shoots the butler, the Inquisitor we're working with has to get us out of jail
>Oh, and my cell was made ENTIRELY OUT OF NULL RODS

I STILL have the highest Fellowship and Influence in the ENTIRE PARTY, as if they expect me to be our diplomat. I JUST WANTED TO BURN THE ENEMIES OF THE EMPEROR WITH MY MIND.
>>
>>53881177
>starts a firefight for no reason and shoots the butler
What the fuck is this lolrandumb behavior?
>>
>>53881359
Someone who WANTS the GM to brutalize us as much as possible, probably thinking he'll be the only survivor.

It was JUST. SUPPOSED TO BE. A ROUTINE INVESTIGATION.
>>
>>53881445
...have you ever played a Sister of Battle?
>>
>>53881587
No. I understand they do much burning with Flamers, but not with their minds.
>>
>>53881603
Well, just keep it in mind when you end up rolling a new character. A commissar wouldn't be unwanted in your group, provided they were skilled in nonterminal methods of motivation.

As for your current character, best of luck and try to talk your way through the situation. Some good rolls, decent RP, understanding guard or interrogator and you might not have to roll a new character.
>>
>>53881714
Good advice, anon. Thanks for that.
>>
>>53876512
Ban psykers.
>>
>>53876512
But really, read the rules, have things for your murderhobos to shoot at and stab and you'll be fine.
>>
>>53849470
This Anon is correct.
>>
File: 782px-Inquisition-Konklave.jpg (168KB, 782x600px) Image search: [Google]
782px-Inquisition-Konklave.jpg
168KB, 782x600px
Am I an alright writer?
After a considerable amount of waiting, rows of ambiguous figures filed from the various concealed arcades into the darkened aisles of seating above. The domed ceiling above projected a dazzling cone of light onto the nucleus of the room; a large ornate pulpit, flanked by halo-braziers. Engraved into this elevated platform is the Letter “I” with a single skull in its centre, accompanied by lines of scripture: “Pro continentia mentis et prodigia procurata est scriptor”. “The temperance of the mind succeeds tempests”. Inquisitor Celestein scrutinised the venue with his magnifying visor from his position in the higher cavea. “Correct” replied an elderly voice from a cowled figure to his right in the row behind him. Celestein turned to face this figure that, unbeknownst to him, had decided to accompany him. “You startled me”. The old man let out a dry chuckle in response, and the temporarily distracted inquisitor returned the visor to his face.

Turning his attention to the unusual variant of the typical Inquisition emblem, the astute inquisitor gazed upon the forehead of the skull. The third eye was not a bereft socket, but a bestial & almost serpentine orb with a vertical pupil and teal iris. For a moment, Celestein became transfixed, but the longer he gazed, the more unnerved he became. After a few seconds, the eye began to seemingly warp & its surface became glistening with moisture. Then, to his horror, the iris slowly shifted to meet his gaze. Celestein reeled from the shock, yanking the visor from his temple. Perturbed by the revelation, he began to manipulate the magnifying device in his hands. “Damned thing is faulty” he thought to himself & returned his attention to the patrons that surrounded him.
(cont'd)
>>
Is there rules for tugs and tugging ships in RT ?

Also prices for space stations and other habitats/manufactoria assets ?
>>
>>53884271
Keep it up anon, proud of ye
>>
>>53882732
Honestly, while faithful to the source material, psykers fuck so much shit up in games. You probably shouldn't have to risk party wipe on first roll of the game just because you want to actually use your class abilities
>>
>>53885649
There are ways to mitigate that, such as always using Fettered.
>>
File: mars.jpg (2MB, 1883x1387px) Image search: [Google]
mars.jpg
2MB, 1883x1387px
Hey I need some Skittari NPC and vehicle stats, are there any offical ones? Homebrew?
>>
>>53886445

mars needs women in the op
>>
>>53871510

Is the term legionary? I thought it was legionnaire.
>>
>>53850253
>maymayz guiez!
>Multifuel engines are a thing, especially in military applications.
>Warhammer takes everything and turns it to 14
>making a multifuel engine run on pureed flesh isn't grimdark and also ridiculous.

Make them play out "refining" the fuel. If they fail the fuel filter gets clogged with ork bits.
>>
>>53887034
>>making a multifuel engine run on pureed flesh isn't grimdark and also ridiculous.

that is LITERALLY how haemotrope reactors work.
>>
>>53886761

Legionary is the more correct word. Legionary derives from the roman legions, while legionnaire is a modern term for the French foreign legion.
>>
>>53884297
>Is there rules for tugs and tugging ships in RT
not that I recall

>Also prices for space stations and other habitats/manufactoria assets
no specifically? maybe try the colony rules
>>
>>53884271
Obfuscated figures clad in customary robes dotted the stands. The amorphous figures that sat stoically ranked among some of the most powerful individuals in the Calixis Sector, for each of them were at the very least an accomplice of the Holy Inquisition. The room was scantily populated, with the turnout not exceeding 30 & each individual were no less than several arm-spans within one another. Celestein had had several smaller liaisons in the past, but none of this scale and formality. The invitees were instructed to don ceremonial robes & surrender all personal effects prior to the conference with one exception: a concealable firearm of the individual's choosing with a magazines worth of ammunition. In the event of a catastrophic security breach, each member was expected to do anything; no matter how disconcerting.

The assemblies of his organisation were seldom large, due to the far flung locations of the venues, the floundering membership, & the illicit nature of such meetings. A “decommissioned” orbital station in the Lagrange point of a seldom visited gas giant in the shadow of a dying sun was hardly accessible for the transient & autonomous agents of the Golden Throne, after all, and attendance of inquisitorial assemblies were rarely enforced; especially in the radical fringe factions of the Calixian Conclave, where such measures would only draw the furious mace of an ireful Puritan. Celestein understood this; the aims & motives of his coterie were of the greatest & most dire importance for all of humanity, & its security could not be over-stated. Celestein only hoped that the plethora of psy-dampers, vox-jammers, diversionary beacons. & other measures would prevent any punitive intercessions.
(cont'd)
>>
>>53881177
Good luck mate. Sounds like you're gonna need it
>>
>>53860527
The point I stop believing a story is real is usually around the line of
>proceeds to fire the main gun, destroying the door and both guardsmen
A GM that is not a total fool or gives a shit about the game's longevity would intercede before this, and the only reason this isn't the case is because it would stop the epic lulz of a fake story.
>>
>>53863765
>Problem
Yes, that you read enough 1d4chan to know about the Emperor's origins, which is in the process of being retconned wholesale, but don't know enough about the setting to know why it could not be replicated.
>>
>>53870907
It's so cute, hearing about someone losing their DH cherry :3
>>
>>53875281
Anon, you do know that space marine fleets are designed to be as wholly self sufficient as possible, from transport, to logistics?
That's why you can have fleet based chapters that can meander on the edge of the galaxy for centuries at a time and still be combat effective.
The problem is that RT isn't designed for the players to be so wholly competent/efficient, and now that you see it, it's jarring because YOU will never have it.
>>
>>53876320
>someone is making homebrew to keep your literally dead game alive
>HURR TRIPFAG
I know you gotta rep that 4chan culture, but the rest of us can appreciate the work put in.
>>
>>53885649
That is really only the case if you treat psykers like D&D casters.
What you are saying is more a meme at this point right up there with "DH is SUPER LETHAL!".
It's not, it requires you to not play D&D murderhobos.
>>
>>53889096
>not that I recall
The only thing related to this I found was the gear allowing you to plunder hulks, but you could only take parts, not the hull itself. It feels weird you can't tug a hull while it is the only way to put a station in place or salvage vessels.

>no specifically? maybe try the colony rules
That's pretty sweet actually, I only had the core rulebook but now it makes a lot of sense

I'm planning a big campaign for my players and I want to have it nailed down.
>>
>>53890808
>>
>>53889227
“That visor...” A familiar voice muttered from behind.”Myopia”, Celestein replied without turning to face him; it was impious in inquisitorial processions to turn around in the stands & he intended to not make this faux-pas again. “And if you must know, these aren't mine; a prescription offered by the wardens upon arrival.” The man fell quiet. Suddenly, a rush of warm air swept the chamber. A large vaulted door at the periphery of the arc of light had begun to raise in the space below, revealing a darkened vomitorium. The audience stirred as a slight, hunched figure entered the room. Bedecked in tattered grey robes with brass trimmings and accompanied by a stole inscribed with scripture. Also emerging from the passageway was a diminutive servo-skull harbouring a speaker's microphone.
(cont'd)
>>
>>53842407
Just kill them creatively or doom them to death. When they fuck around it fucks both you and the loyal players around.
>>
>>53842813
can you post the first one? I can't seem to find it
>>
>>53894541

Completed book is here senpai
>>53871510
>>
File: 1467728493846.png (39KB, 209x150px) Image search: [Google]
1467728493846.png
39KB, 209x150px
>>53894356
>vomitorium

That fucking word

That fucking word never fails to get me
>>
>>53871510

I still can't believe nearly 200 pages of nothing but rules. Not even FFG reaches that level of efficiency.
>>
>>53896173
It actually means room for expelling.
>>
File: 1497898947349.gif (475KB, 290x199px) Image search: [Google]
1497898947349.gif
475KB, 290x199px
>>53876512
>>53876533
>>53876589
>>53878762
>>53882732
>>53882759
It went fairly well ,the party did a kind of stupid thing with a hand grenade at one point and killed 3 (1 comrade and 2 npc's) with a promethium tank explosion at a fuel depot. Two players spoke to me afterwards and said it was really fun,we meet again tomorrow,cheers lads.
>>
>>53899757
That's good. Do you have any plans to turn it into a full-blown campaign?
>>
Now if I could only figure out what the hell I'm doing with the nebulae on the left side, I could be happy and declare this map done.

The Victorum Sector is in the Segmentum Tempestus. It's rich and powerful because it sits on a trio of warp routes that are necessary for travel to the southwest reaches of the Segmentum. As such, it has a bigger than usual Imperial Navy presence to protect all that trade. It's also got a Space Marine Chapter, a few Titan Legions, and very few Knight Worlds because of the way most of them were corrupted during the Age of Strife. It was built on the ruins of a pre-Imperial human empire called the Empire of Blades, which relied on monstrous machine intelligences, backbreaking slave labor, and blood sacrifice to control it's worlds. The Great Crusade failed to conquer it because of infighting between the Expeditionary Fleets and the Horus Heresy, but during the Scouring an Imperial Saint arose from the world of Babylum and claimed these stars in the name of the Emperor.
>>
>>53842242
I mean when My players run into skitarii volkites are there I only have the OG spess marens use them tactics

also
need creatures and cool shit to throw at my players on a feral world GO
>>
File: Heresy_778a2d_5994071.jpg (58KB, 450x511px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy_778a2d_5994071.jpg
58KB, 450x511px
>>53902374
what use to make that?? I need this to make my sector
>>
Do servoskulls need to be recharged/refueled or does whatever powers them last indefinitely?
>>
>>53860349
What's fettered?
>>
Anyone ever stat out Hot Shot Volley Guns and Taurox Primes?
>>
>>53904309
Casting at half the character's psi rating, but no warp effects are triggered, even on doubles
>>
>>53902374
How did you make the cosmic effects, i.e. nebulas?
>>
>>53904354
Huh, really? That's kinda neat. I've only played DH 1 and Rogue Trader, but I've always liked warp powers most. Thankfully for me, I've never had fullblown Perils. Which makes me feel the stories are over exaggerated. And in RT I've only played Navigators since the Astropaths cut out my favorite Discipline, Biomancy.
>>
>>53904081
In Lords of Mars they talk about ServoSkulls needing to recharge.
>>
Anyone has Mandragora Apocrypha?
>>
Any thoughts of what xenos/fauna generating system is better? From DH1ed Game Master Kit or from RT The Koronus Bestiary? Are there any other generators?
>>
>>53905718
Koronus bestiary is better
>>
>>53904955
See >>53842242 for explanation...
It got taken down by the guy doing it, will apparently be reposted once complete.
It was a WIP, someone doxxed the creator coz he hadn't added all his sources and credited them.
>>
>>53908076
I was asking if someone has it, not asking for a reason. It was posted here if I recall.
>>
>>53880369
>Because it's literally their equivalent of Latin for us - a dead language that still sees use in some ways.
Not even kind of close. High Gothic is used a ton in the Imperium. Nobles, Space Marines, the Ecclesiarchy, etc all use High Gothic conversationally.

In real life language has been used many times to separate the gentry from the lower classes. The patricians in Rome were almost all fluent in Greek. The Russian nobility would speak French.
>>
>>53908862
Show me, rather than tell me, where I'm wrong. Otherwise I'm just going to assume you're being purposefully contrarian.

>High Gothic (represented in the game by pseudo-Latinised English) is unintelligible to most Imperial citizens. It is only the language of important Adepts and members of the Inquisition, and even among those who can speak it, it is only a second language. It is used principally in formal situations (such as during pious benedictions by a Priest of the Ecclesiarchy), rather than as a casual language of conversation.
>>
>>53909107
From the same Lexicanum page
>In the Age of the Imperium, it is the Warhammer equivalent of Latin or French during the real-life medieval age.
>>
>>53909226
Changes nothing of what is explicitly stated on that page.
>>
File: ngc2244NB03.jpg (957KB, 1700x1168px) Image search: [Google]
ngc2244NB03.jpg
957KB, 1700x1168px
>>53903005
The Dark Heresy map pack on 1d4chan + Adobe Photoshop.

>>53904402
Photoshop paintbrush on 12% opacity for the basic colors, then 7% opacity for additional colors.

I used the Liquidate filter or the Smudge tool, depending on the level of detail, to mix the colors and smudge it up a bit while still trying to keep distinct bands of color. Then back to the brush on 20% opacity to make the sharper details that imitate what real nebulae look like. The trick is layering the colors so that you get some highlights and some dark areas, but keep transparency.
>>
File: 1497043533039.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497043533039.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>>53908862
>>53909107
>>53909226
>>53909397
You silly fucking niggers could've just opened a rulebook.

>High Gothic: The official language of the Imperium, used by Imperial officials, nobility, members of the Ecclesiarchy, and those involved in high-level negotiations.
>Low Gothic: The common tongue of the Imperium, used by the countless billions of ordinary citizens.
>Techna-Lingua: The official language of the Adeptus Mechanicus, this binary language has been optimized for rapid communication of technical data and servitor commands.

From the RT corebook and Dh2 corebook because those where the only two I checked.
>>
>>53909438
On photoshop?
>>
>>53909471
Yes, photoshop.
>>
>>53909495
Alright, thanks anon

>>53909468
This
>>
>>53909468
>tfw I need to construct a diverse dialect and cant for each individual faction
>>
>>53909632
It gets even worse considering the bajillions of Low Gothic dialects, derived languages, pidgin, and languages completely unrelated to Gothic that exists across the galaxy.
>>
>>53909468
>You silly fucking niggers could've just opened a rulebook.
That doesn't cover conversational or not, or provide any great detail on its use.
>>
>>53907934
What makes it better exept for rules for plants and xenos?
>>
So I started a Rogue Trader game last week. This is he only 40kRPG system I have zero experience with. I'm the Rogue Trader, I don't have the notes with me but I believe my ship does not have any barracks or murder-servitors. I've got good fellowship, a Renowned Warrant, but no seneschal and only middling intelligence (though that's a cheap upgrade).

We've just pushed off from Port Wander and I believe we are chasing a rogue psyker for a bounty.

What should I do, short and long term?
>>
>>53910085

Newer and more in depth, made with more experience of the system so it flows at a better power level.
>>
>>53910280
State your crew.
>>
The way I imagined High gothic is that it's a very rigidly defined language, carefully curated by the Imperium. So an adept speaking high gothic will sound identical everywhere.

Low gothic though is really an amalgam of hundreds of thousands of languages, and can vary wildly sector to sector, to the point of being unintelligible. It makes zero sense that a million worlds all speak the same language. How would trillions of people all speak the same?

High gothic should realistically be the lingua franca of nobility, Inquisitors, traders, basically anyone who does dealings across the vastness of the Imperium.
>>
>>53910603
Me, the rogue trader, melee and fellowship focused ATM,

An arch militant, my bodyguard who somehow has 5 fellowship and mostly speaks in gestures and grunts.

An astropath who believe is TK focused?

A void-master.

We have an NPC arch-magos. We got a very good roll when looking for a techpriest to maintain our ship.
>>
>>53910280
In my personal games (this is probably due to our DM always being the same person and loving it when we're on the run) we look for somewhere to make safe port other than the Home Port, you know, in case we rob someone or get into a spat with someone more famous/wealthier and they put a massive bounty on our heads. Somewhere real quiet to hoarde supplies, lay low, and if we're lucky turn us a little bit of cash while we're out. Kind of like a big game of Treasure Island in Space.

Long Term: Don't tell anyone else where it is
>>
>>53910280
Short term, find a sub-base for when shit hits the fan
Long term, make shit tons of dosh, solve all your problems by throwing money at them, or at your ship so you can make problems disappear.
>>
What would happen if a navigator opened his third eye while looking into the mirror, and someone else also looks into said mirror?
>>
>>53912372
Well first of all if I were you I would secure the ship if it doesnt have some "additional inhabitants". You should look for additional way of getting that dough while you are persuing that rogue psyker.
>>
File: RT crew.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RT crew.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53912931
Navigator is unaffected by his own Lidless Stare, I believe.
As for the other person... well, you can't Lidless Stare somebody through a video screen, right? It has something to do with looking directly into the eye, I think. So the other person probably gets super creeped out/driven mad/is in intense pain, but isn't as horrifically injured/killed as normal.
>>53873158
40k is reasonably popular, so you can probably scrounge up a game.
While Rogue Trader doesn't have the smoothest rules, I think it's the most conceptually interesting. It's like running a Star Trek game, only the bridge crew are a bunch of Space Conquistadores, Scotty is a cyborg religious fanatic, and the ship's crew are ignorant peasants who pray to the guns as fearsome spirits of destruction. Fun!
>>
File: u9.jpg (89KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
u9.jpg
89KB, 1024x600px
Does anyone have some good art for what the Spire of a Hive City looks like from street-level, or a good source to get some art from? I'm figuring it should be extremely lavish, while maintaining a similar urban feel to the rest of the hive, but I'm not sure what that should look like exactly.
>>
>>53842242
Which 40k rpg best does horror and military sim? My players asked, so I'm shopping around for systems.
>>
>>53916519
Dark Heresy or Only War, depending on what kind of horror scenario you're looking at.
>>
File: 1348794146342.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1348794146342.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>53916327
>>
Quick question, when using a battlemat, how many meters does one square equal? Is it 1 to 1 or more?
>>
>>53918468
1. Any more and movement begins getting wonky.
>>
File: 52js5z4gbmxy.jpg (131KB, 1082x893px) Image search: [Google]
52js5z4gbmxy.jpg
131KB, 1082x893px
HEY
Elegant gentleman, does anybody have a link to the new steve lyons novel about death korpsmen
>>
What's a good shooty astartes build for a Black Crusade party that already has a choppy renegade, a heretek and an apostate?
>>
If caught in combat with his squad, what should a ratling's actions be? As in he's not Overwatch in a snipers nest, let's say they're caught enroute by a patrol of heretics.
>>
>>53919561

probably die
>>
>>53919561
Shoot the enemy
>>
>>53919641
Yeah I guess that's common sense but I'm trying to stay alive too and hopefully not be suppressed with my comrades.
>>
>>53919694
If it is a surprise round ambush, there isn't much you can do.

If it is 'suddenly heretics appear from the bush' ambush, Run (as in the move action) into cover.
>>
>>53919561
>not having a bunch of grenades
>>
File: 1489418768542.png (264KB, 416x289px) Image search: [Google]
1489418768542.png
264KB, 416x289px
Same guy that asked about the ratling actions, is it common that ratling's can't wear regiment armor? Got 4 combined points to carrying capacity lol
>>
>>53919830
Kinda, your comrade can carry some other gear, but pumping toughness can help immensely.
>>
>>53904347
I don't believe so. You could steal the Tauros's statline for it though.

But, I'd imagine a hotshot volleygun would be like this.

Hotshot Volleygun
Class: Heavy
Range: 80m
RoF: -/2/4
Dam: 1d10+5 E
Pen: 7
Clip: 40
Rld: 2 Full
Special: Storm
Wt: 15kg
Availability: Very Rare/Extremely Rare
>>
>>53916519
Only War my dude.
>>
>>53920248
Taurox's* My mistake. Just add more guns to it. The crew of the thing is what makes it shoot better
>>
>>53871510
I really want someone to want a game with these rules. Great Crusade/Age of Darkness is my favorite setting.
>>
>>53842242
How do you make a single guardsmen an unstoppable force of destruction?
>>
>>53921473
Cybernetics, warp-craft witchery especially that one class featured in Tome of Excess, drugs, better equipment, and at least according to the Guardsman's Primer-faith.
>>
>>53921473
Give them 25k exp to do whatever with and 10 free items.
>>
Hoping for some feedback on this character I working up.

Homeworld: Penal Colony
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Mystic

Aptitudes: Toughness, Perception, Intelligence, Willpower, Fellowship. Defence, Knowledge, Psyker

The only think I'm really missing is Social to make the face options a little cheaper but its hard to get and I have to cut too much else of what I like to get it for the most part. I can go the Commerce route pretty cheaply alongside my criminal blackmarket know-how to obtain weapons if I need to obtain gear but the low starting influence means I'm not going to be amazing at it.

Point Buy
WS 25
BS 25+10=35
S 25+5=30
T 30
AG 25+15=40
INT 25
PER 30
WIL 25+15=40
FEL 25+15=40
INFL 20
Fate 3 (8+)
Wounds 10+1d5
Psy Rating 1

Skills: Awareness, Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Underworld+10), Interrogation, Intimidate, Scrutiny+10, Dodge, Psyniscience, Deceive, Security

Talents: Warp Sense, Jaded, Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)

Special Abilities: Face of the Law: Can re-roll any Intimidate or interrogation and can also substitute willpower bonus for degrees of success on these tests.

Psychic Powers: Telepathic Link

Equipment: Shotgun+2 clips, enforcer light carapace or carapace chestplate, 3 doses of stim, manacles, 12 lho sticks.

Purchased Starting gear:
Multikey
Sniper Rifle +2 clips

Depending on what the GM says the focus of the campaign is (combat or investigation) will decide whether I go the full enforcer or the more subtle chestplate.
>>
>>53922068

I'm trying to make a "Cop with lucky hunches" type of Arbite. Served as an Arbite warden on a prison world, investigated smuggling rings and other criminal activity in the prison wards. When interviewing people he would get what he thinks are "Flashes of Insight" or "Uncanny Hunches" that are actually his latent telepathic abilities helping him during his interrogations and pointing him towards the right avenue of questioning.

I'm going to leave it up to the GM to decide if the Inquisitor knowns he is a latent psyker or not. Major character development will obviously be when he realises he is a latent psyker and if by that point he has shifted away from the strictures of being an Arbite enough during his investigations to convince himself he is more useful here using his talents that turning himself in or if he decides he must throw himself at the Inquisitors mercy and demand to be sent to a black ship.

From a mechanics point of view I'm trying to build him as a decent face and great interrogator with a dash of breaking and entering to serve warrants for arrests and some slowly developing psychic abilities that express themselves more and more as he becomes desperate for answers or stressed.

For combat he will be built into fairly tough (cheap Toughness upgrades and talents) middle of the road shooter using sniper for long range support or shotgun for close range assaults.
>>
>>53922068
Oh and Peer (Criminal Cartels) from Penal Colony as well. There's always something I forget
>>
>>53916565
Squads sent in to otherwise idyllic towns and worlds to root out spooky covens and sneaky demons and ghosts. Half investigation, half survival.

>>53920279
Yeah?
>>
>>53922324
Dark Heresy then.
>>
>>53879114
Im in a group like this, dark heresy as a home brew chapters serfs, basically we are confiming suspicions planet side then hopefully calling in the calvary
>>
>>53922076
Unless I'm mixing up my aptitudes, (it's been a while), why wouldn't you take the Seeker role and just buy the Psyker advance with starting xp? You're not sanctioned by taking Mystic alone and it'll get you the same effect, + Seeker aptitudes.
>>
>>53884271
So many words to say so little, idk its not bad writing but it is pretty pretentious, this is how baby boomers with english degrees speak rofl for some reason thats the only analogy that pops into my head. Best advice less is more, description is cool and all but what this text conveys in contrast to the time it takes to read is staggering, vocabulary is cool and all but a direct approach makes better writing
>>
>>53923203
With Mystic I have

Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower
Toughness from Penal Colony and
Fellowship from Arbite trading in Defence for a characteristic choice

With Seeker I get
Intelligence, Perception, Fellowship, Social and Tech
Toughness from Penal
Defense from Arbite.

It trades Willpower and Knowledge for Social and Tech.

Its really a toss up. Willpower is somewhat important given the Interrogation/Psychic focus of the character. While Social and to a lesser extent Tech is useful for the social/security aspect.

The other option is to take another homeworld that either gives Willpower: Shire World, Demon World.

OR

Take one that already matches one of my other aptitudes: Forge World, Highborn, Hive World

Since I wanted a relatively tough character with a decent number of fate points to avoid blowing up my own party with psychic powers that would lean me towards Forge World or Hghborn.

Penal Colony Scrutiny and Common Lore Trained bonus from the multiple skill sources during character creation loss would cost 400xp while the Peer Criminal Cartels would add 200xp. Psyker advance would cost 300xp so its about 900xp in cost to get to the same point.

I would save on Fellowship upgrades skills/talents but lose out equally on Toughness Upgrades/talents.

This has been my quandary and why I ended up where I did. If I could exchange the mystic Knowledge aptitude for Social I would do that in a heartbeat
>>
>>53923447
Sorry, Mystic also has defense by default which allows the Arbite replacement choice.
>>
>>53923447

Sorry not toughness costs but Willpower upgrades and talents. Herp a Derp
>>
>>53923490
Psyker also gives you the psyker aptitude which counts for a lot of willpower related things.
>>
File: 1302536785819.jpg (210KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1302536785819.jpg
210KB, 786x1017px
Whats a good way to justify having a DH2e Sororitas in a squad of Only War guard characters?

I was thinking of the group being grabbed by an Inq for a secret mission. Or the regiment is deployed a world with a SoB convent\shrine, and the SoB character is helping the squad somehow save the shrine or whatever.

Also, is that a good idea? Having an SoB in an Only War squad?

I was all set to run Only War for my group but one of my players wants to bring his gf into the group - she doesn't seem to have an incredible amount of interest in 40k, and I just don't have the time to prep some completely different game to switch to instead. I was going to offer the choice to play an SoB if she finds that interesting, which I doubt, and honestly, I think I'm just fucked anyway...
>>
>>53924171
Militant? Famulous? Diolagous? Hospitaller?
>>
File: 1334218468860.jpg (223KB, 1056x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1334218468860.jpg
223KB, 1056x1600px
>>53924264

Militant probably
>>
>>53924171
Do you know guardswoman exist, right? No need to crank up the power levels to 1000 just because some gal is new to the setting. Favoritism, innit?

We both know how playing with a female will end, anon.
>>
File: 1277491859431.jpg (140KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1277491859431.jpg
140KB, 600x450px
>>53924721
>Do you know guardswoman exist, right?

Im aware, but theres a world of difference between a female soldier in ww2 gear, and a female space paladin with a mission.

I'm just asking for ideas. If its a shit idea, then fuckit, I'm back to the drawing board anyway, so whatever.

Im considering pitching DH2nd anyway
>>
>>53924762
>and a female space paladin with a mission
A mission from God?
>>
>>53924762
You know that by adding sob homebrew powerlevels you can basically wipe your shit with the character sheets of the ig.
>>
File: 1333640257765.jpg (174KB, 724x892px) Image search: [Google]
1333640257765.jpg
174KB, 724x892px
>>53924829

How so? I was under the impression that DH2e and Only War were pretty much the same. You can start as a Sororitas in DH2e, you just don't get power-armor and a bolt pistol until later (750exp).
>>
>>53922324
Eh. You are looking at Dark Heresy then unless you are lookin' at an Inquisitor ordering them around or something.
>>
>>53924171
Your player's gf is probably going to die horribly.
Don't bring players who aren't interested in the game or setting into the game. They won't have fun, and it'll drag the rest of the game down.
>>
>>53916519
DH for horrors of individuals, OW for horrors of war.
OW for Military sim, DH for investigation sim with running for your life from heresy when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>53924171
>Bringing gf into the group and she has no interest neither in the ttrpg nor 40k

Redflag as fuck. And you want her to have power armor and bolter too? Wowie dude.
>>
>>53922324
Maybe you could do an Only War game where they are assigned to a front or village or something. Maybe in peacetime deployment where nothing much appears to be happening before they realize they are knee deep in the shitmire?
>>
>>53922324
>>53927155

To add to this there is a world in the main book and the Enemies of the Imperium splat called Sisk. Big swampy world. Mutants stalk the place and Guardsmen platoons sometimes go missing. A lot of the nobles on the planet are signed on with the dark powers. Could be interesting on that world or a similar planet, at least in theme.
>>
I'm going to be running Rogue Trader soon and and I was thinking about using the Mathhammer rules I found over on the FFG forums to fix macros being basically better than lances when you start stacking them. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do you think macros are fine as they are? And are there any other tweaks people prefer?
>>
File: escher gangers.jpg (88KB, 474x665px) Image search: [Google]
escher gangers.jpg
88KB, 474x665px
>>53924171
A Dialogus or a Hospitaller could make some sense, the Dialogus acting as a translator for a forward operating squad/command staff, or a Hospitaller doing her combat medic thing.
But seriously, if it's just "GIRL IN THE PARTY", let her be a regular ass Guardswoman if she wants to. Plenty of ladies in the Guard, it's not even remarkable.
Also, GF is a red flag. If she's curious about the game, then giver her an awesome intro to the setting, but if she's just tagging along to spend time with her boy friend it's gonna get lame fast.
>>
>>53924171
You have no actual reason to do this for a player who you already know is not invested in the game.
In your position, tho, I'd do this:
She gets her introduction by being a dialogus sororitas that the squad is escorting to a temple found in enemy territory covered in xeno runes.
They get there relatively quietly, shit goes south, they need to get out of dodge and return to the wire.
If she is interested in the game, she rolls up a guardsman. If she isn't, she graciously steps down from the game, no questions.
You are going FAR over the line to accommodate someone who isn't even actually one of your players at the expense of the rest of the party, and that is a no no.
>>
>>53927567
Soo much this
>>
Character creation supplement is hilarious in dh2. The physical quirks have this gritty feel of warhammer fantasy to them.
>>
>>53871510

Thousand sons represent!
>>
>>53920963

Have you considered running a game yourself? It's fun.
>>
>>53929999
Hail Tzeentch.
>>
>>53929999
I love the homeworld superstitions
>>
Anybody Black Crusade's GM screen?
>>
>>53884271
no

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_prose
>>
>>53931786
The sad thing is that you think this is a negative thing when it comes to descriptions of places in 40k, rather than the point.
>>
File: 8792497.jpg (34KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
8792497.jpg
34KB, 500x275px
Question: how does /tg/ feel about Rogue Trader's space combat?

I was planning on looking to port it into the Black Crusade game I'm running, and wondering if doing so is really worth the trouble, like I feel like I probably shouldn't bother if it's going to be something the players will hate.
>>
>>53931955
Personally, I enjoy it tremendously
>>
>>53932040
Explain it?
>>
>>53931955

it's fun but needs a map badly
>>
>>53932106
The real question is - how does one make a map for space combat?
>>
>>53932138
Kind of like a radar I'd say.
Place a virtual anchor on the 'map', have the ships move around. If the ships move far enough, change the anchor, move the environment as well (asteroids, etc.).
>>
>>53932344
But what about the map tho
>>
>>53932410

roll20
>>
>>53930158

Running isn't as fun as playing.
>>
>>53932106
>mfw I either keep track of everything in a set of 3d coordinates or use minecraft creative as a 3d grid, but it's time consuming and I usually quit after the narrative really gets rolling
>>
>>53933111

Hard to do on an online game
>>
File: 300px-Sword_escort.png (66KB, 300x122px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Sword_escort.png
66KB, 300x122px
Okay so I have an odd question, besides genestealers, what else can PC's find haunting the corridors of a space hulk? My BC players might've found the stats for the genestealer in the Creatures Anathema book and were thoroughly horrified, so I'll probably still do genestealers, but I'm still curious what else I could do? actually I've had it written that the ship's bilge-scum took over the engineering section, which the heretics can recruit as slave-drivers/troops/crew. after the crew abandoned ship/died, and they locked whatever nasty(s) I have in store in the command section
>>
>>53934300
Well, Orks regularly hitch rides on pace Hulks, so I suppose a burgeoning WAAAGH could also cause them a bit of a headache
>>
>>53934300
Daemons, whacky homebrewed undivided daemons, orks, lost humans, chaos space marines who've made it their base of operations, Eldar looking for a lost relic in a ship deep in the hulk, mutant civilizations.

Better question is what can't you do with a space hulk?
>>
>>53934300
A sleeping abominable intelligence
>>
>>53934300
Daemons of various flavours,

warp echo ghosts of long dead sailors,

mutant offspring of previous occupants,

Saruthi captured and held by a Magos Biologis that escaped when the ship was taken in the warp.
>>
>>53934381
>Eldar looking for a lost relic
well the "space Hulk" is comprised of only one ship, But I must ask this for later:

Are Eldar generally a sentimental people?
>>
>>53934524
>Are Eldar generally a sentimental people?
The Biel'Tan will murder entire colonies for setting a single foot on a world that the Eldar Empire once glanced at and said 'neat', 15 million years ago.
>>
>>53924304
What I would do is have her play as a Guards(wo)man like everyone else, but find cause in your campaign to work in powerful ladies that retarded people seem to believe don't exist in 40k. Not so much that it's overwhelming, but enough that if it catches her eye and she says, "oooh, can I play as one of those?" you get to say "yes... if you stick through this campaign with us we can totally get you on your way to that kind of character."
>>
>>53934621
Then if she still isn't interested, brutalized her character with the Crit tables, tear in half and burn her sheet, and banish her. Do the same to ol' boy if he doth protest- he should know better than to try to get his girl favoritist treatment.
>>
>>53934553
>The Biel'Tan will murder entire colonies for setting a single foot on a world that the Eldar Empire once glanced at and said 'neat', 15 million years ago.
So I'll take that as a "yes" then.
>>
File: EndlessCampaigns.png (125KB, 715x107px) Image search: [Google]
EndlessCampaigns.png
125KB, 715x107px
>>53934740
It depends on the Craftworld really, but indeed, some, like the Biel'Tan, are more sensitive about their ancient history than others.
>>
>>53931955
Players probably don't care but it's a kind of hell for DM. And the ship creation/balance sucks. If you want to model space combat in BC, just switch to BFG.
>>
>>53934300
There's a simple answer to this question, and one every party should experience at least once.

Make them fight Necrons.
>>
>>53931955
Terrifying because it's almost instant death if you mess up a round or the enemy strikes first.
>>
hot bred

>>53935332
>>53935332
>>53935332
>>
>>53934300
Ships crew has been enslaved by a warp fungus

a Genie (definitely evil)

Mutant Rats

The ships hydroponics have leaked and then terraformed the entire innards of the ship into a warp-infused death world

Ogryn that think everyone that isnt them needs to be shoveled into a still burning furnace

Hives of Krootoid insent swarms that are disturbingly good at turning a human into a pile of fleshless goo and bones in a couple of turns

Illithids

and everything everyone else suggested, possibly all in one hulk

GS don't HAVE to take over an entire hulk, in fact it often takes them quite a while to do that, or they may be killed off entirely by some other faction who now uses their bones as martini stirs, because the ship's catering bar is still dispensing high class drinks, for some reason
>>
>>53924171
putting her in the guise of a nun isn't a bad idea

it should keep the from tabletop fucking in front of all of you since shes now technically a prude
>>
>>53934381
Soroitas sect?
>>
>>53935457
>yfw exploring spacehulk
>yfw find dead genestealers
>oh fuck not genestealers
>yfw keep finding more and more dead genestealers
>something clearly killed all the genestealers
>find a quite insane Radical Inquisitor with his Slaaneshi Daemonhost toasting each other's good health while the Inquisitor attempts to bind him further and the Daemon tries to get Inquisitor drunk enough to let his guard down enough to break free
>bonus points if bar is reminiscent of The Shining
>further bonus points if the Daemonhost serves the drinks
>>
>>53936710
A Sororitas sect derived from a mission that got lost in the Warp, and are now quite profoundly insane (since they literally cannot be corrupted) and now consist of voidborns descended from the Sororitas and the male crew?
>>
>>53936837
>now quite profoundly insane
>now
They start out insane, how else do you become a sororitas?
>>
>>53934300
>Creatures Anathema
Show them the 2e Enemies Without genestealer statblock.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.