[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Ixalan Leaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 25

File: MtG_Ixalan_Sheet_01.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Ixalan_Sheet_01.png
1MB, 600x800px
Might as well post this, since the only other thread related to it is about to die.

Some brave soul has leaked an entire sheet of foils from Ixalan. Honour his sacrifice by posting speculation and getting hyped/mad about the leaked cards.
>>
This sucks. We will not be able to play with these cards for months and there will be nothing to get excited about next spoiler season.
>>
>Insant Planeswalker Removal
>New Pithing Needle

As far as i'm concerned standard is going to be fucking great come rotation
>>
>>53834125

Reddit or mtg salvation?
>>
>>53833931
>Legendary Naya Dinosaur
>Dinosaur tutor
>that pterodactyl that makes creatures come into play tapped

My fucking body is ready
>>
I can barely read the damn cards
>>
>>53834254
The conspiracy theory that they let this stuff get leaked on purpose plays right into that. The fact you can barely read most of it, including the Jace, helps preserve some amount of excitement for the proper reveal, and people are a lot more invested in the spoilers trying to figure them out than they usually are just seeing them normally.
>>
>>53834290
They wouldn't do it right now and step on hour spoilers though
>>
>>53833931
Fuck, whoever took the photos please give me a higher resolution.

I am dying for new since wotc won't give any information on c17
>>
>>53834141
Yeah it's a shame we have to suffer fucking Gideon 4 more months.
>>
>Torpor orb on legs
GLADLY
>>
>>53834290
No way, they pay a lot of money to "properly" spoil these cards and wotc hares it when mechanics and stuff get spoiled without context. A good example was the colorless mana cost/symbol change that confused players.
>>
>>53834400
Why suffer? I just play EDH and draft on occasion.

I don't force myself to play garbage formats.
>>
>>53833931
>All rares and mythics
>Not a single Zombie
>New Rest in Peace
Guess I'm not playing black aggro for another season.
>>
>>53834463
Anon you will probably get plenty of zombies in hour of devastation. Why expect zombies in Ixalan?
>>
>>53834498
Tribals are unsustainable with only one block's worth of cards as evidenced by dwarves, aetherborn, spirits, werewolves, etc.
BFZ and SOI blocks rotate out when Ixalan releases.
So I don't know what Standard deck I'll play when my current deck rotates. I was putting my marbles on Zombies but since Vampires are the BW tribe in Ixalan and Zombies aren't good without the tribal support now I need to look for a deck that's mostly KLD-AMK block so it loses the least on rotation.
I guess GR Energy looks good.
>>
>>53834141
There is already cast out, which is arguably better and see how much play does it have.
>>
>>53834409
>what is Hushwing Gryff
>>
>>53834670
Couldn't tell you, I don't think I've seen a Standard game played at my card shop for 6 months.
>>
Can't get hype if I can't read the fucking cards, guys. They're just pretty pictures otherwise.
>>
>>53834804

Go to mythic spoiler, they've mostly translated the blurriness accurately.
>>
>>53833931
>Scuttle the Wreckage
>2WW
>Instant
>Exile all attacking creatures target player controls. That player may search his or her library for that many basic land cards, put those cards onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle his or her library.

Has anyone coined the phrase "Wrath to Exile" yet?
>>
>>53834896
if it is not target opponent then tokens will abuse the shit out of it
>>
>>53834772
Torpor Orb on wings. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>53834857
>they
We did it nigger, then plebbitors posted them in their sinbin and Mythic Spoiler took it from them.
>>
>>53835062
Don't spill my tech man.
>>
>>53835179
Because griffs don't have legs right? Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>53834598

Zombies are more sustainable with one block's worth of cards than any of the tribes you've listed.

They don't need more help, bruh, especially with Marvel banned. Stop being a whiny little bitch for one second and appreciate that you have a deck that's capable of T8'ing big tournaments.
>>
>>53835219
tech?

tech this faggot!
>>
>>53835062
Could this be cast after the damage resolution?
>>
>>53835339
Yes.
>>
>>53835319
pls no bully
>>
>>53834896
TORRENTIAL GEARHULK GET HYPE
>>
Is that a R/W planeswalker?
Can anyone with Squint-fu skills help me out?
>>
So how hard are we going to get shamed for reading the leaks in the article this Monday?
>>
>Get hype for legendary dinosaur
>it's 8 fucking mana and does nothing if it can't connect

Boo, I wanted a good dinosaur tribal legend, but nah lets make it shit and print about 400 pirate legends instead XD upboated.
>>
>>53835415
I'm not seeing anything that even looks like a planeswalker, let alone a RW one.
>>
File: 1497602719173.jpg (363KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497602719173.jpg
363KB, 767x1024px
>>53835450
>>
>>53835450
Because you're not looking at the entire rare sheet.
>>
File: newplaneswalker.png (13KB, 63x84px)
newplaneswalker.png
13KB, 63x84px
>>53835450
Yup. Looks like that qt artwork that was leaked during the booster pack previews.
>>
>>53835491
>>53835506
Oh. Well, yeah, that obviously is.
Looks female, and the name is short enough to be Chandra.
>>
>>53834254
i can read them all

torpor dork, 3/1 for G, thalia-dactyl, 3RR for LD and 20 damage to everything but players, legendary dino, merfolk tribal goodies.
>>
>>53835491
Oooh, a new rw walker
>>
These dinosaurs, as much as I like them, are they going to be too strong for casual kitchen table my group is fine with being a little competitive since we play free for all, but the creatures lately have been getting stronger and stronger. I don't want to be the asshole who's make casual into a fucking arms race
>>
>>53835542
>3RR for LD and 20 damage to everything but players
It costs 5RR. Would be insane at 3RR.
>>
>>53835570
No, they're looking like they're probably going to be mostly overcosted. They're like non-flying dragons.
>>
>>53835491
>3 walkers
>only 1 gatewatch member
>Vraska returns
>looks like a 2 mana RW walker

Anyone else think the RW walker's name is "X, shining Sun"?

I am sad that the enemy checklands aren't getting a reprint, they need it far more than ally ones, but Wizards has a boner for 5 colour pairs rather than treating them as equal.
>>
>>53834896
>not using it on yourself to pump in monowhite
>>
>>53834194
What's the dino tutor?
>>53834141
4 mana, tho
>>
>>53835601
>mostly overcosted.
Oh, that's good then. If overcosted, gives everybody else time and I want to walk the dinosaur. Going to make another ramp deck for these dino's
>>
>>53835613
I think there's a number next to the RW though, but I can't for the life of me read what it is.
>>
>>53835613
Kimalla maybe?
From Kimalla's Sunwing, the W 2/3 thalia.
>>
>>53835701
I thought so too, but on every other card I can at least see a blurry looking generic mana symbol but I genuinely cannot see one next to the 2 coloured symbols on that walker.

>>53835656
The 1 drop that lets you reveal dinosaurs to gain life can be sacced to tutor for a dinosaur.

>>53835731
Perhaps, I expected Kimalla to be a vampire for some reason, mainly because they're white in this set and "I can't do shit during the day, better let the sunwing do it".
>>
File: 1497602781769.jpg (215KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497602781769.jpg
215KB, 800x600px
>>53835760
I think it's a little clearer here.
>>
>>53835760
Where is the 1 drop that reveals dinos for life gain?
Has somebody transcribed it somewhere?
>>
>>53835862
Yeah I can kinda see something, looks like a 2 maybe?

>>53835867
Mythic spoiler has it up, priest of the wandering sun.

Some one on MTGS mentioned vehicles on the sheet but I don't see them anywhere.
>>
>>53835913
pirate ship in this pic >>53835862
bottom row, middle
>>
>>53835913
W+3WW is barely a real tutor.
>>
>>53835913
>>53835939
Err, if you're looking at it so that the cards are orientated correctly, left column, fourth row.
>>
WotC: We think 4 mana wraths are a mistake and won't print any more!
>prints a 4 mana wrath at instant speed that EXILES
WotC: But it's ok! They get to look for basic lands!

All in all this set is looking like the power level for standard is going back up but it's not too overtly powerful so the balance seems just right.
>>
>>53835760
looks like a 2 to me
>>
>>53835939
Ah I see it now, I'm fine with the odd vehicle turning up provided removal for them is up to par or they're just big flavourful rares/mythics...not 2 mana serra angels.

>>53835956
It's a tutor, no one said anything about it being some hyper competitive imperial seal for dinosaurs you fucking mook.
>>
>>53835988
It only hits attacking creatures. There's a bunch of counterplay because you can deploy as many creatures to the battlefield as you want and not attack with everybody while 2WW is open, or just a few creatures at a time.

4 mana super path to exile looks poorly set up to fight dinos, which is kinda exciting.
>>
>>53835991
I'd say go with 2RW too
Going by the art, she'll work with Dinosaurs
>>
>>53833931
Anyone else notice the Legendary mono-white Vampire in the third row?
>>
>>53835991
>another 2RW planeswalker

Really exploring the design space, aren't they.
>>
>>53835991
Does indeed look to be Kimalla too. Is the second word "wandering"? Looks like it starts with a W but I can't make shit out.

I wish the faggot who stole the sheet would just post a better image, they're not going to catch any less shit for their blurry images (unless of course it was a planned leak by Wizards to try and generate some real buzz around their products due to them fucking things up constantly and their sets being boring shit).

That does look like a stegasaur or something standing with her, so maybe she's like the sun avatar's keeper or something.
>>
>>53835999
As long as it can be destroyed by main deckable removal, vehicles aren't a problem if they don't have a crazy rate or something like hexproof + evasion.

Abrade in HOU is the perfect type of card that lets you kill vehicles.

Low cmc is the main problem with vehicles. Nobody is complaining about being unable to destroy Skysovereign with Push because it costs 5 mana to get Skysovereign onto the battlefield.
>>
>>53835491

How the hell does someone steal a whole print sheet?
>>
>>53836052
But anon if they make a Naya planeswalker what will Ajani be in Return to Alara 4 years from now!

Their way of working 2 years in the future is schizo as fuck.
>>
>>53836034
I can't really make out what it says you do something and make tokens from the looks of it.
>>
>>53836034
Yep, check mythic spoiler for which cards have been transcribed so far.

Don't both with MTGS, the site is optimized like shit and the fucking spoiler thread is filled with people crying about spoilers...in the spoiler section of a website famous for spoilers.
>>
>>53836081
Poster tube, and one hell of an impressive asshole.
>>
>>53836052
>planeswalkers
>design space
Generica, Summoner of Erotica 4CMC
+1 protect me
-2 card advantage
-6 win the game
>>
>>53836052
honestly 4cmc just seems to be the most effective for planeswalkers. 2cmc has not worked. 3-4-5 are all doable with 4 being the most consistently good. anything above that needs to be increasingly game endy and maybe colorless.
>>
>>53836034
Seems like a token generator too. I think I can make out the text too:

[CAN'T MAKE OUT THE NAME], Dusk Apostle 2W
Rare
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric
Whenever one or more nontoken creatures attack, create a 2/2 white Vampire creature token with Lifelink.
3/2
>>
>>53836114
>2cmc has not worked.
They didn't actually try to make it work
Tibalt is less than an half-assed attempt
>>
>>53835325
I don't have zombies right now, I have Vehicles.
I was gonna built zombies for post-rotation but without the SOI zombies and zero zombies in Ixalan, they won't figure in the competition.
>>
>>53836117
>Whenever one or more nontoken creatures *YOU CONTROL* attack
My bad
>>
>>53835328
>Shit that doesn't get played anywhere is tech
>>
>>53836095
>Ajani
>4 years from now

No need to panic, but he's on those leaked "conquest of power" booster packs that feature the very same RW walker we've got right here...meaning Naya Ajani is probably turning up faster than you think.

I don't mind Ajani though, he's the only member of the gatewatch who isn't a giant baby playing superhero.

>>53836117
>>53836096
It's on Mythic spoiler, it makes 1/1 white lifelink vampires whenever you attack with a one or more non-token vampires.
>>
>>53836141
I have it in the sideboard of my red eldrazi deck
I've not gone to a standard game since Eldritch moon came out
>>
>>53836096
4W
Legendary Creature - Vampire Cleric
Whenever this or other nontoken Vampires you control attack, create a 1/1 white vampire creature token with Lifelink.

not super sure about the "this or other" part
>>
>>53836081
It's trash, it's off center so it would've been a miscut sheet.
So, someone at waste disposal hid it on his way to the shredder and came back for it later when nobody was looking.
>>
>>53836121
>They didn't actually try to make it work
did i say they tried?
>>
Stop me if this has been said, but I'm assuming we're looking at Shard-based Tribal this block:

Bant: Merfolk
Esper: Vampire
Grixis: Pirate
Jund: Orc
Naya: Dinosaur
>>
>>53836110
ey, nahiri was different
+2 loot
-2 removal spell
-8 win the game
>>
>>53836020

Even only hitting attacking creatures is fine. If you force them to only attack with part of their board instead of their entire board that's basically as good as preventing damage from X number of attacking creatures. If they're only slowly plinking you down with one or two dudes at say 3 power you can take a few hits anyway. Traditionally this is a very strong control card so now they have the option to wrath if they go full alpha strike or if the opponent is just attacking with one/two dudes they can just play spot removal on it.
>>
>>53836219
It hasn't been said, but that's because it's wrong.

The legendaries are
>GU Merfolk (Mythic)
>U Merfolk (Rare)
>WB Vampire (Mythic)
>W Vampire (Rare)
>UBR Pirate (Mythic)
>R Pirate (Rare)
>RGW Dinosaur (Mythic)

We've seen no evidence of white merfolk, blue vampires, or red or green orcs. And this is the entire rare sheet, so "no evidence" is actually significant.
>>
>>53836219
i don't think we've seen any white merfolk or blue vampires? to me it looks like

simic merfolk
orzhov vampires
naya dinosaurs
glint pirates
>>
Shaper's Sanctuary
G
Enchantment

Whenever a creature you control becomes the target of a spell or ability and opponent controls you may draw a card

So now my Elves deck just improved against the midrange removal decks immensely in Modern.
>>
>>53833931
By god. an ACTUAL leak (or I hope so).

The fucking trickle that MtG normally does kills me every time. Right-on to who ever the leaker is.
>>
File: gideonsdefeat.jpg (39KB, 265x370px)
gideonsdefeat.jpg
39KB, 265x370px
>>53834400
Have you seen Gideon's Defeat?
>>
>>53836351
>Trickle

That is the thing that bothers me the most, WOTC wont show the cards till right before release date. Long after shops have put up pre-orders.

I am still upset that C17 is right around the corner, and we have no clue what it is other then tribal. We only know one of the decks is a dragon deck because of the leaks!
>>
>>53836373
Yeah, we've seen it. It's an actual preview. We're supposed to know about that one.
>>
>>53836373
>gideon
>attacking
The issue with gideon is shitting out tokens and anthems, not when he hits you in the face.
>>
>>53836373
>attacking creature
>relevant against AoZ popping out 2/2s
Funny joke.
>>
>>53836373

FUCK THE MOTHERFUCKING GATEWATCH!
>>
>>53836219
Its 4 tribes split into 2 shards and 2 enemy colors for color balance.

WB: Catholic Conquistador Vampires
RBU: Pirates
UG: Merfolk
WGR: Mesoamerican Native Dinosaurs
>>
>>53833931
I expected WotC to have thrown a temper tantrum by now. I guess this really was Microsoft Man's guerrilla marketing.
>>
>>53836440
They dont want to kill the HOU vibe.
Expect them to do what they did with the OGW leaks
>>
>>53836373

Doesn't actually solve the problem. Doesn't kill him when he crews heart, doesn't kill him when he 0s. People aren't going to attack with Gideon if they even suspect you have this in your hand. Heck, people don't attack with Gideon much anyways. You'd be better off having general purpose removal.
>>
>>53836452
What'd they do then?
>>
Ib4 Chandra's is actually Nicol Bolas getting defeated
>>
>>53835991
Her middle ability is a 0 and her ult looks like a -4 (?)
Also, the name looks like Elspeth.
>>
>>53836373
Heart of Kiran is not a white creature and Ally tokens may as well be infinite with monkeyface in the battlefield.
>>
>>53836389
C17 is driving me fucking nuts, we don't even know the tribes for fuck's sake.

I want to order one of these pre cons for the first time since the ally wedge decks, but nope gotta preorder on blind faith because wizards can't even sell products to people properly.

I wonder who the fuck is in charge of marketing at WoTC, must be some Hasbro executive's son with downs.

Then again, after the shit show of standard for the last few years with supposed "pros" (aka diversity hire female magic players and people who are butt buddies with LSV's goiter) testing in the FFL and not seeing any of this shit coming I wouldn't be shocked if it isn't some pro tour whore who dickrode wizards into a job they know nothing about.
>>
>>53833931

can't

read

shit
>>
>>53836482
>Also, the name looks like Elspeth.
it's this gal.
>>
>>53834598
>Vampires are the BW tribe in Ixalan

Is there confirmation on this or are you just teasing my balls?
>>
>>53836508
Does she have a name?
>>
>>53836482
>Elspeth

You mean the boring bitch who's stuck in Thero's underworld and isn't going to randomly crop up in a set that has nothing to do with her at all?

Also, it's pretty clearly this: >>53836508 chick, who appears to be our obligitory native walker of the set.
>>
>>53836495
I'm buying the dragons one because I have all lands and it's pretty much a prebuilt Scion of the Ur Dragon deck.
I have store credit for another one, but really don't think I'd get any unless they give us Mardu Angels/Vampires.

I expect it to be Eldrazi, Elementals, Slivers and/or Allies. Since they need to be able to include shit lands and those tribes have (un)common mana fixing.
>>
>>53836517
Theres at least
>1 white vampire flavor sorcery
>1 Mono black vampire
>1 Mono white vampire
>1 Legendary mono white vampire
>1 Legendary BW vampire
In the sheet.
>>
>>53836389
Yep. Honestly Let us know all at once, or DON'T show us a bloody thing until the release day.

Not this in between.
>>
>>53835991
There's an extra word in her typing that looks suspiciously like "Legendary". But why would a Planeswalker need a Legendary subtype?
>>
>>53836373

Despite this not actually being an absolute reliable way to kill Gideon I do still like this card and the other uncommon planeswalker specific removal hosers for a few reasons. I'm actually fond of color hosers in MTG if they're not too blatantly strong(less of cards like Chill but cards like Surge of Righteousness or Celestial Purge type stuff is ok)

1) They are all uncommon and have other various modes that don't centre around the planeswalker. Can kill creatures or even enchantments or counter spells so they have extra uses.
2) This makes walkers a little less of a runaway bomb in limited since the answers to them are printed at cheaper cmc costs and at uncommon level. Means better answers in limited and can make the draft/sealed pools a better ratio for opening stuff.
3) Some of these cards are actually good enough to be played as inclusions into constructed decks in sideboards. Mostly the Lilliana one will probably see play the most. The Jace removal one may see some odd play in Vintage/Legacy for the U decks not playing with R for Pyroblast/REB.
>>
>>53836572
They're not all going to be 5 colour m8, so I doubt we're getting sliver, elementals and allies at all.

No more eldrazi please, they're shit tribe and should never have existed in the first place.

We need more love for tribes like warriors

>>53836622
Might have something to do with that board game they're launching with Ixalan.
>>
>>53836141
>Shit that doesn't get played anywhere
Nah, it's one of two enablers for Tazri Food Chain.
>>
>>53836622
other planeswalkers (Castaway Jace) have the same thing.

No idea why, I can only assume a change to legendary/planeswalker uniqueness rule
>>
>>53836625
Liliana of the Veil is a strange case in Legacy, every time you dedicate removal against her be it Vindicate, Council's Judgment or just Lightning Bolt, it feels like she 2-3 for 1'd you and it's just better to kill her with beats or try to combo through the symmetric discard.

Don't know about Modern.
>>
Anyone make out anything usable for a RDW? Been trying to brew something up but I'm missing some usable 2 drops and more burn.
>>
>>53836495
I hope one is dinos.
Dinos, dragons, goblins, merfolk, elves, wizards. These are the six I'd hope for.
I know there are four decks. I'm allowed to like more than four tribes.

>>53836622
rules changes to how pw and uniqueness works
jace ___castaway does something with your library and other copies of jace ___castaway and maybe removes legend from them.

I suspect it's to let commander rule change to let PWs be commanders and so that you can do things like create copies of jace without removing type jace.

My guess would be rule is any legendary PWs that share a type, bin them until you control only one. Like other legends, but cares about type not name.
>>
>>53836731
Nah, it looks like the post-rotation standard will be RGb Energy vs Naya Midrange vs Grixis Aggro.
Red's good shit right now are it's control cards, as wild as it sounds.
>>
>>53836805
>commander

Requires a creature, not just legendary.
>>
>>53836825
Not for long apparently
>>
>>53836719

Well LotV doesn't really see much legacy/vintage play from what I can recall anyway. Most planeswalkers are usually either Jace Mindsculptor or Dack Fayden for the most part. The odd Tezzeret or two sometimes. If any of these hosers see play it would be the Jace removal one since countering blue spells will hit about 90% of stuff in both formats. Added scry 2 doesn't hurt either. I'll experiment with it in sideboard in my Grixis Thieves list in Vintage for future testing.

As for Modern given that right now Death's Shadow decks are prevalent(as of current writing, metagame could shift whole differently by the time Ixalan releases) the Lili removal card is something to consider as a possible card to include in mirror matches as a modular removal card. Now you can hit the Lili or the Death's Shadow for a single B mana and they get bolted for 3.
>>
>>53836622

It's a good question and the only thing I can see that would be relevant is that in the set case there are cards that seem to be able to copy cards that are non-legendary so this way it does not put in a rules fiasco of being able to copy a planeswalker. Only card i've seen so far referencing as such is a red shapeshifter.
>>
>>53836839
I doubt WOTC would throw the commander rules committee under the bus by changing their rules.

That would open up a big headache as suddenly 212~ that were not legal as commanders, would become legal.

So I doubt that is happening
>>
>>53836891
212 cards*
>>
>>53836819

I mean... I can see a mono red midrange deck happening if there are some good cards in HOU and Ixlan
>>
>>53836891
>I doubt WOTC would throw the commander rules committee under the bus by changing their rules.

Why not? The multiplayer rule committee is a joke run by an old codger and should have 0 baring on what Wizards can do with their card game.
>>
>>53836825
I said commander rule change, friend.
>>
>>53836891
They also took control of online commander. Could let any legendary creature or PW be commander on online and say screw the rules committee and let them decide whether or not all PW, legendary PW or just the commander deck PW can be commanders.
>>
>>53836854
Jace and Liliana saw almost exactly the same ammount of Legacy play and now that Miracles is ded Lilly is the PW queen of Legacy.
>>
>Cost: 1 B

>Enchantment
>Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, create a colorless Treasure artifact token with “Tap, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.”

>At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control six or more Treasures, you win the game.

Is it just my casual soul talking or does that enchant look really strong for anyone else too?
>>
File: 1497631407945753.png (347KB, 375x523px)
1497631407945753.png
347KB, 375x523px
Click and subscribe
>>
Why are so many +1/+1 counters showing up when MaRo has insisted that +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters would not exist in the same Standard environment?

Is the ruse cruise still sailing?
>>
>>53837198

You mean like how maro insisted Un-3 wasn't in development?
>>
>>53837198
>listening to MaRo about anything

Good goy.
>>
>>53837091
There is mass artifact destruction in standard. But being in black if they go after your treasures you just tap for mana and kill their shit.
If they destroy the enchantment, you still got a bunch of lotus petals.

It's very neat.
>>
>>53837057

I thought Jace Mindsculptor saw more play than LotV before? I haven't paid too much to Legacy since the banning of Top(I didn't play Miracles I just don't know how the format is looking and i'm trying to tweak lists to adjust). Saw a massive buyout of Ethersworn Canonists though which I expect was for GP Vegas.
>>
>>53837091

Yeah but what if they don't play creatures? Card isn't bad and at least multiples do trigger off each other.
>>
>>53837198
MaRo is a retard but he didn't say that, he said plus and minus won't coexist in the same LIMITED enviroment.

Plus and Minus have already coexisted in Standard with Bloodthirst and Wither, and with Undying and Infect.
>>
>>53837198
MaRo is a PR guy who doesn't really have as much say in things as you think.
>>
>>53837244
LoTV has been a staple is BUG decks for years.
>>
>>53836052
At least it isn't another RG walker.
>>
>>53837244
Lilly v Jace has been a give and take with Lilly usually winning bit a bit because even though she's used in less decks she's a 4x while Jace is a 1-2x. When Miracles took off hard with the monk Jace took the lead, but with Miracles dead plus Pox and Shardless gaining (probably fleeting) popularity for their good Storm/Show matches, Lilly is at the head now.

If Standstill becomes popular Jace may gain again. But right now it looks like the best deck with walkers now is 4C Stoneblade and that shit is a revolving door that plays 2-3 among Lilly, Jace, Elspeth 1, Nahiri, Kaya, Ajani V, Gideon Ally, Dack Fayden or Ashiok depending on the meta.
>>
>>53837292
>PR guy

He does PR because he enjoys it, but he is not just the "pr guy" he is the head designer, so he has plenty of sway on the formation of new cards.
>>
>>53837386
He's also a giant retard who gets pissy about people liking cards such as hornet sting.

MaRo is not some omnipotent god of magic, he's probably one of the biggest killjoys for the game that exists.
>>
>>53837422
>omnipotent

No one ever claimed that, its just disingenuous to call the head designer a PR guy.
>>
>>53837440
>No one ever claimed that, its just disingenuous to call the head designer a PR guy.

Upvoted.
>>
Chandra's Defeat R
Instant ~ deals 5 damage to target red creature or red planeswalker. If it was a Chandra planeswalker, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
>>
>>53837520
doesn't damage normally go through players for walkers?

I find this odd.
>>
>>53837547

It kinda makes sense in this case and if I remember right I think there are actually a few other instances of spells dealing damage directly to planeswalkers.

It's also worth nothing that Wizards will do ANYTHING to assure that no good burn is ever printed again
>>
>>53837547

That's for cards that do damage to a player directly. Before planeswalkers there were very little cards that actually interacted with a planeswalkers(obviously) so the redirection rule on damage dealt to players was introduced. Now you're just seeing more cards that get to interact with planeswalkers as a card type now.
>>
>>53835339
No. After damage resolves, creatures are no longer attacking.
>>
>>53837588
>It's also worth nothing that Wizards will do ANYTHING to assure that no good burn is ever printed again

Oy vey! We can't have good burn goyim because we need planeswakers and undercosted 3 ability creatures to prop up sales because we can't actually make the game fun anymore!
>>
>>53837547
It does normally, because that's more versatile. You can also just straight up burn a walker, and they've printed that before (IIRC, it's mostly on 'damage everything' cards, hitting all creatures and planeswalkers but not players)
>>
>>53837603

That's actually incorrect. After damage resolves there is a priority window for spells and abilities to be played/activated, those creatures are still considered attacking creatures. This can be relevant for situations where a situation like Sigarda, Host of Herons dying in combat and then someone playing the follow up of an edict type card like Blessed Alliance or whatnot.
>>
>>53834896
I press Mass to Exile
>>
>several White vampire clerics

So are the white vamps the "not-Old World Christian missionaries" who are going to convert the whatever "not-Mesoamerica natives"?
>>
>>53837717

Seems so, what with the various nods to catholicism
>>
>>53837717
Of course, they have to push the most stereotypical and burnt out memes that were already tired before gaslight.
They could at least have made them hot female vampires but of course women have to be the opressed, because tempting people with a life of luxury and an afterlife of eternal love in exchange for your blood is not something women would do.
>>
>>53834598
Remember that we're getting 3 Ixilan sets and Then Return to Dominaria.
>>
>>53837814
>Remember that we're getting 3 Ixilan sets and Then Return to Dominaria.

When was 3 ixalan sets confirmed? I've only heard of two.
>>
>>53837867

There's only two, he seems to be confusing the multiplayer thing for a set.
>>
File: 79.jpg (77KB, 312x445px)
79.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>53837547
>>
>>53835656
>>53834670

It'll be Standard Legal with Torrential Gearhulk so there's some potential there.
>>
>>53837776

Some of the vampire cards look female from the blurry pics, but I won't stop your weird rantings.
>>
>>53836219
>>53836294
>>53836302
>>53836421
There's at least one red merfolk pirate. So merfolk in URG, but I wouldn't expect a lot of red merfolk.
>>
What set rotates out when Ixalan drops?
>>
>>53838372

Kaladesh
>>
>>53837422
The color pie exists for a reason.
>>
>>53838419
Damage to players has been a semi green thing for over a decade before they printed hornet sting.

MaRo apologists need to fuck off with that hack fraud.
>>
>>53838372
>>53838391
BFZ/Oath and SoI/Moon, not Kaladesh
>>
>>53837198
Um, sweetie? In the same set you silly goose, not in the same standard.
>>
>>53836534
>>53836534
there is a white flying dinosaur card with the name ~"_______'s Scalewing"

also a red human shaman with what appears to be the same name - "Tillonaffi"

that name is probably the planeswalker's name.

>>53837440
this is objectively correct and anybody who finds fault with this post is a moron

>>53837776
wow you have issues huh

>>53838296
what red merfolk?
>>
File: MtG_2018_Releases.gif (457KB, 700x195px)
MtG_2018_Releases.gif
457KB, 700x195px
>>53838391
Wrong.
>>53838372
When Ixalan drops, we lose BFZ and SOI, leaving us with Kaladesh, Amonkhet and Ixalan.

Then we get Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria and Core 2019. When "Spaghetti" releases after Core 2019, the Kaladesh and Amonkhet blocks rotate out.
>>
>>53837547
It's strange but only because PWs didn't exist from the outset.

Cards like Lightning Bolt would have said "Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker."

Redirection rule only exists because cards like Bolt don't call out PWs and the rule was easier than errata-ing every red spell.

It's not strange that damage is being dealt directly to planeswalkers. It's about fucking time.
>>
File: 20.jpg (64KB, 312x445px)
20.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53838584
Where have you been for the past five years?
>>
>>53838612
you are pointing something out to the person who is already pointing it out
>>
>>53834191
>understands how spoilers keep interest alive
>LE REDDIT EBIN
not him but you fucking "lol ur reddit" people are a cancer on this site jesus fucking christ
>>
>>53838468
>>53838543
Aww shit, I was hoping for one last hurrah with Kalitas and these new vamps
>>
>>53838648
ok reddit
>>
>>53838648
Hello MTGS
>>
>>53838742
>>53838875
hi 4chan
>>
>>53837603

That's not correct. The end of combat step comes after damage, and is what makes Celestial Flare playable it limited.
>>
>>53838887
Hello tourist that came here from the thread on salvation.
>>
>>53838943
i post here literally every day. just because you're an idiot doesn't mean that you need to post about it.
>>
>>53837198
MARO has only said that regarding individual sets. While it's true that he in general doesn't like -1/-1 counters, he is fine with them existing alongside +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>53839012
>he is fine with them existing alongside +1/+1 counters.
In standard.
>>
File: grape gasoline.jpg (54KB, 628x353px) Image search: [Google]
grape gasoline.jpg
54KB, 628x353px
>>53838980
Yep, sure thing buddy. Don't worry I won't tell anyone you were here.
>>
>>53839012
He didn't even say he doesn't like -1/-1 counters, just that it's a lot easier to make designs with +1/+1 counters than -1/-1 counters, so they save up ideas for the latter and blow them in a single set.
>>
>>53834125
Wow being this much of a faggot, neck yourself
>>
>>53836034
Yes I noticed it an I hate it. I play edh, let me count how many mono white vampires I have to use. This couldn't have been BW?
>>
>>53839132

Yeah how dare they do something different, shouldn't they realize one player can't use them in his casual Commander deck?
>>
>>53838535
looks like Tilonaffi's Skinshifter
>>
>>53838648
complaining about leaks is literally plebbit-tier shit, this is the place where people understand that 'keeping interest alive' only matters to wizards and players are better off with perfect information about the future.

so be a pal and fuck off.
>>
>>53839132
Good job they printed a BW vampire legend years ago that no one uses.

Red vampires suck ass anyway.
>>
>>53838449
>Burn is green
God tg sucks at magic.
>>
>>53839437
>hurricane, unyaro bees, and unyaro bee sting don't exist

God /tg/ sucks at the history of games they play.
>>
>>53839437
green gets burn to flying creatures. That's the only way green can kill creatures without using it's own creatures or the creature it's trying to kill having an additional type.
>>
File: 124.jpg (41KB, 312x445px)
124.jpg
41KB, 312x445px
>>53839662
Oh hi.
>>
>>53839704
And maro is going to tell you that's a color pie break because it can destroy creatures.

Let me search his tumblr, brb.
>>
>>53839704
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/dessert+twister
>>
>>53839785
>>53839799
How does he explain beast within then? He was on that design team.

MaRo is a pleb and as already mentioned, isn't some omnipotent god of magic. He tried to pull the "muh colour pie" shit on the commander design team (which he wasn't a part of) and they told him to fuck off and let them print stuff like chaos warp in peace.

Think how many designs have been shut down by that prick because it danced on the edge of the pie a little. We're also talking about the guy who helped design JtMS over a lunch break, saw nothing wrong with how it was costed ect and then went back to designing Chandra Ablaze and thought she was too pushed at 4 mana.
>>
>>53838449
Green is only supposed to be able to deal direct damage to flying creatures. Old cards printed before the modern conception of the color pie don't count.
>>
>>53839485
Funny thing.
I just went and looked at all the green burn there is. There's 24 cards worth out of however many thousands of green cards (not including any green multicolor or green cards with activared/triggered abilities that need other colors to be used).
Half of those are Hurricane variatons, that hit fliers and both players, and the last of those was Cloudthresher in Lorwyn a decade ago.
Of the other twelve, two are semirecent in Unyaro Bees from Time Spiral (a reference solely to the Unyaro Bee Sting from Mirage and from a block noted to have fucked with the color pie) and Hornet Sting, noted offender, and before that the closest pieces of green targeted burn is from fucking Tempest in 97.
Green does not, in fact, get burn with any regularity, of either variety.
>>
>>53835436
Dinosaurs and pirates are both memes so I don't really see the difference.
>>
>>53839889
How modern are we talking here? M10? Whenever it suits your shitty MaRo apologist narrative?

Magic would be far better off without him.

>>53839900
Hornet sting was a nod to those older cards, green not getting burn with any regularity =/= green can't get 1 shit burn spell every decade.
>>
>>53839925
>How modern are we talking here
Somewhere around Invasion the color pie started to become a coherent thing.
>>
Has Maro said whether Ixalan is top down or bottom up yet? It's tough to tell from the cards. The combination of "aztec dinosaurs" and "treasure island pirates" seems pretty random to be purely flavor (combining dinosaurs and aztec/meso american actually seems perfect by itself, dinosaurs capture the feathered serpent thing, they feel tribal, etc., so the pirate thing seems kind of thrown in), but the mechanics seem to be purely represent a certain flavor rather than a cohesive over arching mechanical theme.
>>
>>53839923
Dinosaurs:

>some of the biggest things to ever walk the planet
>ancestors to many modern day animals
>came in a variety of shapes and sizes

Pirates

>smelly, unwashed faggots that get romantacized by shit media
>life expectancy of less than 4 months at sea
>modern day equivalent is a bunch of darkies in a dingy with ak47s

Yeah, Dinosaurs are much less memed than pirates though.
>>
>>53839974
Bottom up
>>
>>53839993
So what the fuck is the big mechanical theme? I guess rares/mythics aren't the best gauge for that but still.
>>
>>53839879
Beast Within was a break. It qn Chaos Warp are often mentioned in the same breath.

Green shouldnt get unconditional kill spells and red shouldt be able to remove enchantments. Colors have weaknesses for a reason, the whole point is that you use multiple colors to compensate for eachother, its a fundamental part of th3 games concept.
>>
>>53840011
I wonder if we'd be able to get Chaos Warp but you revealed 'til you hit something so you always get a hit off it.
>>
>>53839974
Its a tribal set.
But I cant tell what the keyword mechanics are pushing.

Raid and Enrage make me think combat? With Explore as a tossed in card sifting thing?
>>
>>53839978
wow so cool.
Also modern day piratees are acutally cool, way cooler then the memes pirates and dinos are.
>>
>>53840030
Pretty sure it's not a tribal set, it just supports sweet tribes. It doesn't feel that much more tribal than, say Innistrad so far.
>>
>>53840009
Tribal
>>53840023
Cw's two issues are

1. It hits enchantments
2. It can whiff
>>
>>53839974
>>53839993
Though the line between bottom up and top down design is blurrier these days than it used to be, as they involve the Creative team more in the design process and so settle on the theme much earlier and are able to incorporate top down sensibilities into bottom up designs. Likewise, the Design team is (usually) able to create an overarching mechanical theme that fits top down designed sets.
>>
>>53840011
>Colors have weaknesses for a reason

Shame it now seems to be "red most be shit at all times, blue now gets undercosted creatures that are good and green's creatures are now all sorceries with power and toughness".

>>53840045
>modern day pirates are cool

Yeah so cool man, nothing says cool like getting shot to shit by boat security and living in Somalia.
>>
>>53840023
Polymorph is a blue card, anon.
>>
>>53840051
Even the enchantment thing wouldn't be that big of a deal if it didn't whiff.
Even moreso if you went until you hit things of the same type - creatures turn into creatures, artifacts into artifacts, enchantments into enchantments.
>>
>>53840095
>Even moreso if you went until you hit things of the same type - creatures turn into creatures, artifacts into artifacts, enchantments into enchantments.
That would be awfully good for a three mana red card because you could use it on yourself to sneak stuff out.
>>
>>53840064
>blue now gets undercosted creatures that are good
Blue can get undercosted creatures as long as they demand the rest of your deck to be filled with spells. Likewise, green can get undercosted removal spells as long as they demand you to control big creatures.
>>
>>53840061
Actually to be honest I dont feel its been well incorporated lately besides the sets that already seamlessly combined the two like Innistrad and Zendikar, besides Amonkhet imo. Kaladesh is pretty clearly built on a mechanical basis for example since the "indian aesthetic" is a pretty random coat of paint over the artifact theme, which they tried to bridge with steampunk theme, but that doesnt eeally have anything to do with steampunk except in a pretty roundabout way (steampunk is usually thought of as english/british, they colonized India, they took that idea and removed the colonization thing to marry the two). But the mechanics in this set feel top down, but the thwmes the blo k has creqtively dont feel cohesive enough to not be bottom up like Kaladesh's Indian steampunk.
>>
>>53840064
Blue cant even get a grizzly bear.
>>
>>53840085
Not anymore, they've specifically said polymorphing is red now, if its random
>>
>>53840157
No, instead it gets 2 power 2 drops with flash and other abilities.
>>
>>53840050
Innistrad WAS a tribal set, the current gold standard for how to execute one.(As opposed to Lorwynmoor which was a flop)
It seems the twist here is using tricolor and enemy groups to give us 4 tribes across 8 color pairs, as opposed to 5 tribes in 5 pairs.
>>
>>53840122
Yeah, like you can compare having efficient beaters in a deck full of spells with a conditional removal that screams win more or and lose more.
>>
>>53840157
No, it can get a 3/2 Flyer for U while just countering and removing your shit.
It's not like bears are any relevant at this point.
>>
>>53840145
Kaldesh was bottom up, but it was Imvention not artifacts, artifavts were part of it, but to push the inventor theme.
Energy, johhny combo cards, fabricate and variance made higher than usual. I enjoy that they can do more high concept bottom up themes than "x card type matters."

Like if Ixalan is a "creatures smashing into eachother set" I can dig it.

My best guess for theme is "Tribal amd Combat" since even if explore whiffs it pumps a dude.
>>
>>53840206
Youre right that Innistrad is as tribal as theyre wiling go go iirc, but innistrad i
Used tribal to convey its original concept as gothic horror block, it wasnt a set about tribal. What I want to know is if this set is doing similar or if the tribes serve some other mechanical purpose. Or if theyre just doing cool tribes.
>>
>>53840206
Innistrad had a tribal sub theme. It also has a graveyard sub theme. These were results of having a horror flavor theme however, and Maro has said that the uncommon tribal lords in Dark Ascension probably pushed the tribal theme too hard by being so strong in limited.
>>
>>53840276
Well this seems as tribal if not a bit more so than Isd, so if its not the main theme its clearly a key subtheme.

It honestly feels top down desu, though I think Maro sais the block after Akh wasnt
>>
>>53840267
Thats kind of splitting hairs, dont you think? The invention was iust the feel they were trying to get across, but the core concept was as an artifact block. The inventor and steapmunk theme was a way to give it an identity distinct from Mirrodin.

I guess I could kind of see this as "combat block" but that sure is a fast and loose mechanical theme to build a whole set around.
>>
>>53840238
Blue only gets effecient power creatures if its tied to noncreature spells.

That 4 drop 4/4 flyer with upside is about as independently powerful blue dude you can get.
>>
>>53840340
It's a ridiculous downside.
You already want to have mostly spells in a blue deck anyway.
>>
>>53840321
No, it was repeatedly and specifically stated to have "Invention" as its mechanical theme. Artifacts were a big part of it, but all aspects of the design pushed the "feel like an inventor" theme.

Kinda like how Scars was a top down block but had a heavy artifact theme
>>
>>53840340
Blue can also get creatures with tricky downsides in exchange for higher p/t than normal. The illusion mechanic is still well within blue's wheelhouse for example. Iirc, blue is second in big creatures but its above curve creatures usually have some trick or hoop versus green's straightforward fat.
>>
>>53840276
>Innistrad is as tribal as theyre wiling go go iirc
Eh, they're probably willing to push the tribal theme a little more than that. The thing about Innistrad was that the tribal theme was supposed to be voluntary. When drafting it, for example, you shouldn't open a great uncommon vampire and feel forced to only pick vampires from then on because of the synergy. However, if you wanted to draft only vampires, or only zombies, you would be slightly rewarded for doing so. They did drop the ball on this slightly with DA however.

Though, they won't do a tribal set that pushes the theme as hard as Lorwyn did ever again.
>>
>>53840372
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/odds-ends-kaladesh-part-2-2016-10-17
>It was a bottom-up, artifact-focused, "feel like an inventor"–themed set with Magic's take on steampunk (or as we've been calling it, aetherpunk).
I guess you could interpret this either way, but "feel like an inventor" isnt a magic the gathering mechanic, artifacts are, so.
>>
>>53840392
Goliath Sphinx?
>>
>>53840484
When it comes to the iconics all colors get undercosted fatties.
>>
>>53840401
I feel like mark said once Innistrad was about as tribal as they wanted to go but I may be wrong. I think a nice tribal blo,k would be one where the creature types suppprt a strategy moreso than specifically just caring about the creature type (i.e. goblins lean towards and aggressive an aggressive self sacrifice RB theme, WG elves care about having tokens, etc.) I think thatd be the right way to go heavy on tribal.
>>
File: dayum shame.jpg (80KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
dayum shame.jpg
80KB, 393x393px
>>53840401
>they won't do a tribal set that pushes the theme as hard as Lorwyn did ever again.
>>
>>53839974

Treasure island pirates weren't too long after the conquistador days, and the whole thing seems related to me, pirates were at their height during the days of expanding trade with the new world
>>
>>53839978
they are really just ancestors to birds...

it's true that the piracy shown in the media is goofy and cartoony. real pirates are and always have been young men without choices who struggle and die in the unforgiving waters of callous society.
>>
Will we get a "Fans are bad for liking the leaks and encouraging them." article on monday?
>>
>>53840535
I THINK this is what they were going for, the pirates are conquistadors thing exploring the new world, but they dont have spanish like names, they have treasure island type names. Who knows.
>>
>>53840569
The conquistador-looking dudes aren't typed as pirates.
>>
>>53840569
They're just looking for the Aztec Vampires' mythical golden city so they can plunder that wonderful booty.
>>
>>53840595
Oh... im confused. To be honest I didnt kmow they were making a distinction. I wasnt
>>
>>53840536
>real pirates are and always have been young men without choices who struggle and die in the unforgiving waters of callous society.

You make it sound like they dindu nuffin and they be good boys.
>>
>>53840460
I would argue it is. There is a whole psychographic for the idea and mtg is dubbed as a "game were the players are designers"

They also had core mechanical desigm beyond artifacts for the invention theme. Like emergy or the choice to push johhny cards and no increase variance.
>>
>>53840601
Are the vampires the aztecs? I kinda thought it was the dinosaurs + probably the merfolk or some human faction
>>
>>53840615
the Conqistador's are evil super white vampires.
>>
>>53840534
Lorwynmoor went too hard on tribal. you basically were forced into it. It also had too many tribes, mixed tribal which was a big mistake, and the disasterous color shift.
>>
>>53840644

The vampires look like a mix. They're missionaries, but they also seem to be big on blood rituals, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get stuff like the vampires ripping out people's hearts.
>>
>>53840643
To be honest I don't buy it. I think if that were the intention, it'd be closer to top down since feeling like an inventor is more of a flavor thing than mechanical but I think Kaladesh is pretty clearly bottom up. Also, remember energy was originally from Mirrodin, which was a hard artifact centric block. I think it's just that energy feels inherently related to a world where artifacts are big. You use energy to power things and such. I don't think he would have thought to put energy in it if they didn't start with artifacts, for example. The johnny cards thing was just to enforce a feeling. Mark's said he designs all his blocks to make players have a "feeling". He wanted SOM block to make players feel frightened and stressed and like they were gonna die at any second, which birthed among other things the Infect mechanic and its association with pump spells, is his perennial example of incorporating a "feeling".
>>
>>53840705
Wouldn't fantasy aztecs ripping out the conqusitador vampire hearts make a lot more sense?
>>
>>53840569
The WB Vampires are the conquistadors.

They even have the armor and catholic priest garb
>>
>>53840724

It would be if they were just going for a straight Aztec theme, but we already have a card called Sanguine Sacrament that seems like it's tied to the vampires.
>>
>>53840359

Did you ever play delver in limited? Not at all easy to make work
>>
>>53840745
Havent seen that. Thats cool. I guess that explains why theyre white. I was wonderings what the flavor was. Thats awesome. Theyre white vampires, they want to turn others into vampires like them. Its actually a perfect marriage.
>>
>>53840682
>you were basically forced into it

no shit, that was exactly the point.
>>53840705
>>53840724

think, think, anon, they would never be caught dead making a historical parallel brown people look like the savages they really were.

so instead, we only get to see the evils of the White-Vampire Conqistador's, and oh the evils they will do.
>>
>>53840712
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/157262952723/ive-looked-back-on-kaladesh-and-aether-revolt-and

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/156497883478/i-think-the-reason-some-people-are-confused-about

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/155829309838/one-of-the-things-that-bothers-me-most-is-creature

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/158603706968/hi-mark-so-i-completely-understand-the-issues

Its like how you wouldnt call Starry Night a painting of the color blue.

Yeah its very blue. Mostly even, but its a painting of the night sky that uses blue to execute that.
>>
>whole rare sheet is leaked
>magically the spoilers are some of the more generic rares, a few baity casual mythics (legendary dinosaur and pirates) and nothing else
>somehow the people who managed to get all that can't get the rest of the sheet spoiled

Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>53840813

I wonder if there can ever be a MtG thread without /pol/ shoving their face into it?
>>
>>53840850
Oooh, i think i get it. Its mechanical theme was Johnny cards. I can get that.
>>
>>53840866
I imagine when virtue signalling and politics in general stop infesting anything with even slight popularity.

So never, probably.
>>
>>53840866
they've literally admitted to this sort of shit before and they'll do it again.
>>
>>53840913
>dinosaurs
>pirates
>tribal
>themes of exploring and treasure
Is Ixalan bottom up Timmy?
>>
>>53840705
Catholics do blood rituals as well. Its wine transmuted to blood, but its still mystical hemophagey.
>>
>>53840276
They've said that they're willing to go to about Onslaught levels, if the block specifically has Tribal as its main theme.
>>
>>53836141
>>53836649
It is also a main beater in some skred lists
>>
>>53840959

Don't forget about the other cannibalism.
>>
>Total War Warhammer 2 reeased on september 28th
>Ixalan released on september 29th

So much dino at once!
>>
>>53836642
>eldrazi a shit tribe
>wants warriors support
Opinion discarded
>>
>>53840959
>>53833931

>>53840959
I know they will never do it, but holy shit Vampirism is such a flavor win for Imoerial Catholics

Ancient immortal that gives his followers immortality through his blood?

A culture of assimilation amd superiority

Pale whitness.

Aristrocratic flair...

I fucking want a Mardu Pope of the Sacred Vampirium now.
>>
>>53836121
Yes they did. Tibalt was their specific attempt to make a 2 CMC planeswalker. He was a bottom up mechanical design.
>>
>>53840959

But it takes on a different meaning (or both meanings at once) when you put it in the context of Aztec plane.
>>
>>53841158
He also helped them realize that it's fucking stupid to design cards only because it's never been done before. A future CMC2 planeswalker is, while not entirely impossible, highly improbable because it seems it would either be extremely underpowered or extremely overpowered with no real middle ground.
>>
>>53841206
as is the problem with most planeswalkers.

everything up to 5CMC is in that regard, and ones higher have to be truly great (elspeth) but still, by all accounts cards like these shouldn't even exist by their own rules since they aren't really 4 or 5 mana worth of abilites, they are much more for every turn they live.
>>
>>53840064
Except that's not color pie things that just balance. Technically you can have a one mana bolt that does 100 damage. It's overpowered sure, but its still in the color pie. Same with delver. Actual breaks would be Snapcaster and Faithless looting.
>>
>>53841302
What. Snaps was definitely well within color pie for blue. I also thought 8t was said faithless qas more a bend than a break but idr now.
>>
>>53836642
>We need more love for tribes like warriors

As much as I loved WB warriors bringing me 1st place wins during Khans block, I think WOTC used up all their warrior splooge during then
>>
>>53841351
Snappy was out and out a red card, but they made it blue just because they can't have red getting good cards or people will think it isn't the comic relief wacky zany colour.
>>
>>53841427
>WB

Meme choice, we need naya warrior or bust.
>>
>>53841302
that's wrong though, a 1 mana 3 3 in blue would be wrong, it has to have drawbacks that make it adhere to the colour pie.You can't tell me wild nactl would be ok at blue requiring black and red for example, taking power form lands is ok in any colour, but that would be way off the colour pie.
>>
>>53841448
Meme choice?
What?
>>
>>53841351
Snap can be red as well, but nothing about snaps is a break for blue. It can get 2/1 flashers with upside, and blue can care about spells in the grave as well as recycle them. We just got Telepath Unbound which was Snaps 2.0. It was made blue because tiago was a bluefag iirc
>>
>>53836600
Hopefully these guys are more standard viable than Innistrad 2's vamps
>>
>>53841480
Granting flashback is a red thing, snapcaster should've been a red card.

>2/1 flashers with upside

Blue shouldn't be getting so many fucking better than grizzly bears with flash cards, it's horse shit.
>>
>>53841351
Snaps could have been either or within the confines of the color pie. Chinaman wanted his card to be blue, though game play wise it would probably have been far healthier for it to be red.
>>
>>53841472
Using the word meme to mean "something I don't like" is the new meme since at least two years back.
>>
>>53840157
Phantom Bear or whatever it's name is is 2/2 for U with a drawback that's pointless on it since whatever targets it was gonna kill it anyways.
>>
>>53841427
WB was a mistake.
Bring back RGB warriors.
>>
>>53841558
You can't pump it or equip it, so the drawback wasn't completely redundant, though the card was still clearly too strong.
>>
>>53841581
>You can't pump it
>>
>>53841624
Lords don't count for what he's talking about.
>>
>>53841562
>RGB warriors
When was this ever a thing?
>>
>>53841703
Number of warriors by colour:

>black 84
>red 210
>blue 11
>white 46
>green 138

You tell me.
>>
>>53841703
It used to be that white and blue got soldiers because they were the orderly colors, while red and green got warriors. Black was somewhere inbetween but leaned towards warriors. It's still like that actually, but we've seen many exceptions lately (in Tarkir in particular because soldiers didn't thematically fit the setting).

Just the same as how WU gets wizards while RG gets shamans purely for flavor reasons.
>>
All i want

Velociraptor
RR

Haste

Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell Velociraptor deals 2 damage to that player.

2/2
>>
>>53840929
Yup. This is accurate.
>>
>>53841781
tfw Saskia has the perfect color and looks to be the ultimate Warrior Commander.
But they picked Soldier instead. Why?
>>
>>53836482
That's some wishful thinking if I ever seen one.
I feel you, anon.
>>
>>53842331
I still hold out hope we'll get one eventually.

Even a RG warrior legend with tribal abilities or just good abilities would be nice.

>>53842344
Which part is wishful thinking?
>>
>>53842359
Radha
>>
File: buffoonery.jpg (83KB, 560x541px)
buffoonery.jpg
83KB, 560x541px
>>53842371
>radha
>good
>>
>>53840929
you realize that by using your fun buzzwords and hyperbolic strawmen to feel like you're calling out liberals you're doing essentially the same thing as they do to conservatives, right?
>>
>>53836373
It seem's like Bolas is the one casting these spells.
How is he using white and green mana? Elder dragon + alara power?
Glad to see the Jacetice league falling.
>>
>>53842359
RG misses Edge and Scale Lords and a few Warrior tribal spells and enchants for Tarkir.
Not-Blue would be just perfect.
>>
>>53840866
you should go and explore other websites, they ban people who notice and discuss the identity politics influence on the modern game design. That's what my friend did and he now "gets gold" and does not have to face any opinions he does not like.
>>
>>53842418
Looks like he's bouncing their own magic back at them. Fitting.
>>
>>53842411
What are you even babbling about you utter fool? That post you quoted is literally my only post about shitty politics infesting MTG, regardless of which side of the senate they sit.

>>53842418
He's using the power of the plane I guess.

>>53842419
True, it's just most of black's actual warriors are kinda shit.
>>
>>53842411
He's just pointing out the obvious, they involve political worldview where they don't belong. It's speech would be banned everywhere else because it hurts the feelings of people like you. It's just not the same.
>>
>>53842440
All he needed was a few redirects. Splendid.
>>
>>53842411
he means identity politics, not US politics. When MTG hires a 'diversity consultant' to design a 'black planeswalker' it's not conservative or liberal. It is however identity politics at it's finest and as such a retarded bullshit we would like to not see around our hobby.
>>
>>53842359
The part where the name is correlated to Elspeth.
>>
>>53842490
>MTG hires a 'diversity consultant' to design a 'black planeswalker'
>She has a fro
>Her abilities are stealing stuff and running away
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>53842616
>>53842632
but duude she steals from WHITE PATRIARCHY. That makes it totally OK #resist
>>
>Think WoTC can't get anymore retarded
>Reveal that they printed a 3 mana lightning bolt with shit art into HOU
Bankruptcy imminent
>>
How come the spoilers for Ixalan dried up? There's still lots more unspoiled rares on that sheet.
>>
>>53843359
>people still amazed there is bad removal made for limited in a set.
>>
>>53843636
meant for
>>53843320
>>
>>53839799
Maro contradicts himself all the fucking time about the color pie. He bitches that Gamble is a break and that giving red access to something it "shouldn't" get with a stapled on randomness doesn't justify the card, yet on his Judgment DTW epsiodes he literally talks about how much he loves Book Burning, Browbeat, and Planar Chaos. Hell he even said he submitted Browbeat as deal 6 or draw 3 to appease his autism for patterns. If he designed a set, especially if he designed a card, he has no consistency and he puts the half-assed lore reasoning over having a balanced color pie which is why Blue does everything and Red blows after turn 6.
>>
>>53843765
Liking something doesnt mean its healthy for the game. There is a whole mega article he wrote about the pie.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.