[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 59

File: XV109.jpg (209KB, 1000x1079px) Image search: [Google]
XV109.jpg
209KB, 1000x1079px
Index Xenos edition

Bob Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE
>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
First for how the fuck do I play Tau now?
>>
>>53764910
Combined arms, with kroot skirmishers, stealth suits and pathfinders, fire warrior gunlines, hammerheads and an occasional heavier suit
>>
>>53764910
Lots of fire warriors, a couple broadsides, gun drones, crisis suit commanders, one or two units of pathfinders, sniper drone teams, you have lots of good options.
>>
File: Ork Wez havin a good time.jpg (272KB, 1000x1378px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Wez havin a good time.jpg
272KB, 1000x1378px
>>53764779
>tell me more
Essentially it's an Ork mob charging across a table single-file in order to maintain unit cohesion. Now with stuff like Ghazzy's +1 attack buff, an Ork player can (in theory) have Ghazzy hang back a bit while the chain of boyz charges forward single-file toward the enemy and then mob the target in a charge and still stay in 6" of Thraka to get the attack buff.
>>
>>53764833
Why is it that every single shitty 40k general thread has some stupid anime weeb meme video?

Why do these mouthbreathing retards dirty our fair general?
>>
>>53764910
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY CANT I WIN WITH 6 RIPTIDES ANYMORE
Holy shit kill yourself, Tau are still ridiculously strong if you have the skill to play them.
>>
File: 1496507354095.jpg (385KB, 780x532px) Image search: [Google]
1496507354095.jpg
385KB, 780x532px
>>53764833
nth for CAWL IS A FUCKING HERETEK
>>
>>53764910
advanced targeting arrays and burst cannons
gun drones
why are you questioning? Tau are still hilariously strong
>>
File: IMG_3182.jpg (88KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3182.jpg
88KB, 600x620px
SoB and Inquisition got nerfed hard.
>>
>>53764934
>you have lots of good options.
>sniper drone teams

Um

Even at their best sniper drones are 2 shots each at bs3+ S5 AP0 1 damage, and that requires both a marksman and somebody else with a drone controller system and being in RF range

I cant imagine a situation where sniper drones are worth their points
>>
Lictors can tie up squads of conscripts quite easily, forcing ig to waste their orders on getting back into the fight after falling back.
>>
>>53764947
And Im asking how to do that

I only have 1 riptide, I never really got into 7th edition
>>
>>53764966
I don't play SoB, explain differences?
>>
>>53764983
No they can't. No one is actually going to run equal points to the Lictors with their conscript blobs.
>>
Post Necron lists.
>>
Where are the non-shoot Primaris marines? Why make even bugger marines that should be great for close combat and then waste time on giving them slightly better guns or huge jump packs
>>
Looks like those FW suits will be some delightful additions
>>
>>53765029

Yes! /tg/ needs more necron love!!

This universe belongs to us and you should all respect us for it!
>>
>>53765015
Story short. Their units that where worth a damn for 10+ years do not work now.

The replacement unit is something that needs at least 5 models that cost $14 each and are not sold.

Retribution squads where a rare sight so most only have 1 squad.

While Battle Sisters squads with flamers and dominion squads with melta that abunden for a decade are rather luckluster by comparison to retribution or even Seraphims

In other words they need to change and even if they are willing to pay they can't
>>
>>53765077
GW doesn't care about you and never has, why don't you understand this yet. You were soft-squatted years ago. Just play a real fucking army.
>>
>>53765038
>bigger so they must be meant for close combat

No you idiot

Bigger means you can use bigger ranged weapons

Riptides and Stormsurges arent made bigger than crisis suits because the Tau want to punch people
>>
>>53765095
Like orks :^)
>>
>>53765077
Okay. Simple solution? Replace their shit with AM heavy weapon teams? Celestine buffs AM units afterall.
>>
>>53764833

Y'Vahra is the new autotake
>>
>>53764941
I still say that the ork mob loses just as many, if not more attacks from that strategy than just having them charge together.
>>
>>53764986
>I only have 1 riptide, I never really got into 7th edition
Orkfag here:
Keep your Riptide, it's essentially the Tau's version of a 'Distraction Carnifex'. It might be worth more points, but it's still decent.

All your heavy weapons (Broadsides, Hammerheads, Crisis Suits in general), cost more now, so you should buy some more troop units (Fire Warriors, Kroot, etc) in order to support your heavy units.

Find a balance between that and heavy support.

Also, strategy-wise you'll need to move your forces around a lot more on the tabletop because the horde armies are now able to get into close combat a LOT faster in 8e than they ever could before.
>>
Does anyone know why can't dark angels and blood angels take contemptors? It feels especially stupid because they could have just put the unit in the chapter specific list
>>
Mathing it out
Pop a nova at 8''

Against a Lemon
6 wounds plus .6667 mortals
10.5 wounds
total of 16.5 wounds plus 0.6667 mortals pre-save one turn

With an ATS ionic cannot be saved and the flamer is saved on a 6+

Thing is brutal against vehicles.
>>
>>53764966
Nope. sisters are beast now. Try em.
>>
>>53765180
Because CSM aren't allowed them.
>>
>>53765100
1) Marines aren't Tau
2)These guns aren't really much bigger
3)Primaris marines have extra attacks by default
>>
File: .jpg (254KB, 1800x809px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
254KB, 1800x809px
>>
>>53764967
Don't respond with a "Um."

It weakens your argument and makes you look less knowledgeable than your post would otherwise appear.

It is also an unnecessary insertion as it is used in speech as an unfortunate place holder.
>>
>Orks are a melee race
>I2
>Now everyone is an I2 melee race if you get charged
>Considered best edition for assaulting

Poetry
>>
>>53765206
They have extra attacks because they cost twice as much. They are literally no better in CC than tac marines, in fact they're worse against anyone with weapons that do more than 1 damage.
>>
>>53765139

Depends how good the R'varna is really.
>>
>>53765136
IG HW just for a 6++ if Celestine stays within 6" of them?

That is rather lame but the HW teams sounds like a good idea, if only the rest of the SoB thing where worth a damn. Oh well at least Exorcist still works like before
>>
Any goddamn TITANS leaked yet? I wanna know if mine'll be fair to bring to regular games.
>>
>>53765212
Um

Thanks for the advice sweetie, but fuck off!!
>>
So how was the streamed match today? I missed it unfortunately and I really wanted to know how crons did
>>
>>53765202
Oh please let me know how.
If you say retribution squad you might not play SoB.

The issue is SoB do not have the models that work now. In theory they do, but trying to buy the one that do is not possible since they are not sold
>>
>>53765230

Since it seems like the FW suits won't drastically change.
The 107 will likely maintain that long range artillery battery type role. How Clusterfire works remains to be seem but it may become a horde fucker
>>
>>53765246
>I wanna know if mine'll be fair to bring to regular games.
The answer is no, you fucking retard. Titans will never be allowed in regular games, they're for apocalypse.
>>
>>53764966
Crusaders and Death Cults got more powerful. The fact that they have Zealot and Crusaders have Acts of Faith is pretty great. Get a Priest near either of them and Crusaders get 3 attacks twice a turn and Death Cults get 5 attacks.

Inquisition Acolytes are still strong, but you don't have as much fun mixed blob units. Still, give them needle pistols and mauls and that's a solid 14 point model that's pretty good at beatsticking. Really nice that you have look out sir 2+ for the Inquisitor.
>>
Rate my list:

>Superheavy Detachment: 2000 points
>Land Raider Terminus Ultra
>>
So I haven't had much time to read through all of it, but basically to run my white scar army I have to do a "Outrider Detachment" to field all my bikes?

Anyone got any experience using bikemarines in the new edition?
>>
>>53765277

Knights, Stormsurges and Wraithknights are fair in normal games now.
>>
>>53765289
politely refuse to play/10
>>
>>53765305
Those aren't true titans and they're already straining the upper limits of the scale the game can handle. Most people will refuse to play against an all-knight army regardless of fairness just because it's fucking boring.
>>
>>53765278
Maybe walking those guys now could be possible.

Since nothing seem to die in this edition.

8 heavy flamers did nothing to 30 orks. Bloody 5++ and mad dok special character and his 6+ ignore wound
>>
>>53765212
your entire post is an unfortunate place holder
>>
>>53765326

No more boring than 8000 conscripts famadonk.
>>
>>53765289
>deploys 120 stealers with toxins and broodlords and some rippers to keep you entertained till the swarm gets there
>>
>>53765249
Your choice if you want to accept it or not, but using an obsolete gap filler in conversation when discussing something makes you look like an derp.

Think about it.
>>
Can't decide between Blood Angels or Grey Knights as a standalone army.

Blood Angels have most of the standard Space Marine toys and have lots of buffs to make them really choppy.

Grey Knights are very limited but their weapons all do D3, or more damage and with Hammerhand they can hit well above their weight, wounding stuff that is T8 or more on a 5+ and purgation squads can walk and shoot now which is really cool.
>>
>>53765038

Protip: Bikes do the exact same thing for marines and rock because they can put more guns AND be tougher, rather than be more melee and tougher.
>>
>>53765264
for 200 points you can have a flamer immolator and 5 flamer sisters in your deployment zone turn 1. d30 flamer hits and d12 heavy flamer hits is one strat i heard about.
>>
>>53765157
>I still say that the ork mob loses just as many, if not more attacks from that strategy than just having them charge together.
Not necessarily.
With the advent of 8e rules, an Ork mob of 30 boyz can have a blob of 20 or so boyz at the start with the remaining 10 trailing behind it in conga line formation in order to still retain Ghazzy's buff (which is irritating because Thraka can only be in Goff armies according to the rules now).

It also depends on whether or not the mob is armed with Choppas and sluggas, which adds +1 attack to their normal 2 attacks. Charging headfirst into an Ork mob is tantamount to suicide unless you've got a 2+ save or something, because the potential amount of wounds coming your way is nothing to scoff at.
>>
>>53765353
>implying anyone would play against that either
>>
>>53765357

That's cool bro I'll be spending the entire game spinning my models in place, making little pew pew models as I roll my dice and occasionally tearing at my shirt and screaming LAND RAIDER TERMINUS ULTRA.
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (37KB, 327x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
37KB, 327x308px
What are sentinels good for this edition? Are they even worth the points?
>>
>>53765368

Do you want a few more guys but weaker individually or stronger but less in number?

Do you like red or silver?

Do you like the look of normal terminators or grey knight terminators?

Really it comes down to preference, grey knights and blood angels are probably about the same in power level (mid-ish tier) but grey knights are better in melee individually and have great shooting while blood angels get marine toys like predators and centurions.
>>
File: 1497284154106.png (109KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497284154106.png
109KB, 1200x1200px
>>53764941
but remeber thraka only grants +1 attack on sucessfull charges that are made within 6'' of thraka.

so its probobly not worth it
>>
>>53765402

They seem okay. Kinda unsure if giving mine plasma cannons was wise now, but oh well.
>>
>>53765402

yes. to both.
>>
>>53765077
>The replacement unit is something that needs at least 5 models that cost $14 each and are not sold.

What unit is that?
>>
>>53765402

They're tougher heavy weapons teams for a moderate amount more points.

Scout sentinels are actually pretty decent since the only difference is 4+ save versus 3+ in exchange for a free 9" move.

Even plain multilaser sentinels are fine although I want to try heavy flamers at least once.
>>
>>53765419

That's okay, orks are high tier enough now to comfortably accept a few inefficiencies in a list without sweating the loose change.
>>
>>53765377
5?

That is with the Dominion squad. The squad that till 8th was melta only metal models.

I proxy that and tested it. Seems to only work against multi wound models. Versus everything else they are found wanting.
That was with my opponent deploying close enough to work
>>
>>53765289
Replace one Land Raider Terminus Ultra
With 100 Conscripts, 2 Commissars, and 1 HQ no more than 40pts
>>
>>53765264

Different anon, and I mostly agree. However, I will say that we can still push the armored spearhead pretty well. I played a fairly large game yesterday with 2 flamer, 2 MM, 1 HB immolators and 2 exorcists. The rhino chassis in general is very durable, and the 2d6 12" range on the Immolation flamer is rather nice, especially since boyz don't want to charge it.

I think we need to consider shifting the flamers to Dominions and the meltas to the troops. There's something to be said about getting a free 12" move, then a 3" disembark and a 6"+advance move, and another 12"+6" advance on the immolator and all still being able to shoot their flamers. Having the MM with the scout is nice for positioning if you need it, but the beauty is that you don't have to choose who gets what until the game starts.

I think melta shifting to the troops is going to be a common thing because if how expensive they are now. It's better to put them onto a cheaper throwaway unit than risk having 5 die all at once.
>>
>>53765437
Retribution Squad. Each HB girl cost $14

They are one of the few units that are actually reliable enough.
>>
>>53764966
>that one out of place photoshopped sister superior

>forgeworld sneak peak about index xeno
>no eldar sneak peak
>>
>>53764966
>firm disagreement

I can tell you, as a sister of battle player myself, this is bullshit.
>>
>>53765473

HB rets are great. I wiped a squad of lootas with T1 act of faith and then chopped away at da boyz
>>
>>53765402
They aren't great. Scouts were good before for linebreaker and harassment. Armored were good for tying up infantry units in close combat because most couldn't hurt AV12 and both Scout and Armored were good for heavy weapons on the go because they were relentless.

Now that they are -1 BS on the move just like infantry and they get hurt by any gun, there is less reason to take them. There is some talk that Scout Sentinels with Heavy Flamers and Chainswords are worth it, but they are still only 1 attack in close combat.

They both move a lot faster now, Scout being 9 and Armored being 8. I was excited to use mine, but I will probably shelve them. 1 single Scout Sentinel with Heavy Flamer and Chainsaw is 54 points. For that I could get 2 Mortar heavy weapon squads and do significantly more damage.

Busting into the enemy lines, flaming and assaulting is nice, but they aren't durable enough to be worth the points. You're better off spending the points on Chimeras with heavy flamers and rolling up with Veterans with heavy flamer and flamers.
>>
>>53765432
What should I arm them with?
>>
>>53765466
Yep it seems my Melta Dominions are now flamer dominions, and he Flamer Sisters are the melta sister.

The old flamer/melta for troop/transport is flamer/flamer and melta/melta.
>>
>>53765473
Oh. I already have like 13 of those, I'm good.
>>
>>53765402
Scout sentinels have an insane T1 threat bubble with a 9" move, a 9" scout move and access into decent ranged weapons for cheap and are more durable than they used to be
>>
>>53765439
4pts vs 40 points is a pretty big jump.

They're still pretty good though as a cheapish durable heavy weapon.

They fill FA slots for cheap too, which can help for filling out detachments and getting CP.

I think I prefer Armored though.
>>
>>53765439
I never thought of it like that. Good point.
>>
>>53765512
Why on earth did you have 13 HB sisters?

I had 6 PE and 18 Repentias. Mostly because I liked the models.
>>
File: 「Too Much Monkey Business」.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
「Too Much Monkey Business」.png
106KB, 346x327px
>Currently playing DE
>Want to start something new
I'd personally love to start a whole chapter of pure Primaris, but some of the models (the Captain) look lame
I've also got a Word Bearer list too, but i want to see how the Contemptors stack up in 8ed

Guess i'm just looking for something new - thoughts?
>>
>>53765484
I have a feeling 9 point sisters are going to be great if 8th shapes up to be swarm edition.

A squad of 15 can put out a lot of dakka with acts, and be annoyingly hard to shift in cover.
>>
>>53765539
Nids.
>>
>>53765545
>if 8th shapes up to be swarm edition
>if
>>
Is there a compilation of fluff changes / leaks?
>>
>>53765545
Not really you need constant AoF and lucky rolls to be worth a damn.

Normal girls are not really worth it. Retribution are the thing and Dominions can work if you replace meltas with flamers (yes that's is almost Heresy for SoB)
>>
7th edition apologists please go and stay go.
>>
>>53765537
I have 3 Penitent Engines and 28 Repentia (+3 Mistress). I've just bought a lot of SoB over the years.
>>
would a squad of 10 Tsons with warpflamers be a good screen against any pesky genestealers/ork boys that it looks like i'll be certain to face?
for their points that is
>>
File: 1495919845262.png (374KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1495919845262.png
374KB, 520x853px
>>53765568
Do you faggots do this on purpose, or is there a massive influx of newfags I'm not aware of?
>>
>>53765509

That's how they were played in 5th edition, actually. The twin linked AoF on the doms made them brutal with the flamers.

>>53765576

Seraphim are better than I thought this edition if they have inferno pistols. I tried it out for the first time yesterday and realized I could dump my shooting AoF on them, kill what I was engaged with, and then move along to the next target. Basically, I nuked 2 Kans, then moved 12" and essentially landed right next to his Warboss who was then the closest unit by far.
>>
Malanthrope is an untargetable 9 wound toughness 5 venomthrope that doesn't have to be purchased in units of 3.

I think venomthropes just died as a viable unit.
>>
>>53765584

I have at least a 2500pt brigade of sisters, but I actually don't have any of the penitent models. I've always wanted to buy repentia because they're remarkably cheap$ all things considered.
>>
>>53765589
if you wanna protect a corner or something sure. but i think they can move+advance and charge or you know make charges from 9" away
>>
>>53765589
Biggest issue is any scary melee can be 8.1" away, outside your range so you cannot overwatch, and need only an 8" charge
>(41% without factoring in any rerolls.)
>>
File: SoB-Multimelta.jpg (48KB, 564x833px) Image search: [Google]
SoB-Multimelta.jpg
48KB, 564x833px
>>53764966
Don't really care so much about the rules, just disappointed that SoB will never have new models.
>>
>>53765419
>but remeber thraka only grants +1 attack on sucessfull charges that are made within 6'' of thraka.
That's the thing though. If the end of the 'conga line' is still within 6" of Thraka when it makes a successful charge, the boyz still get that extra attack. Hell, as long as there's enough models to maintain unit cohesion, Ghaz could be 18" away from the fight and still giving the boyz in the fray that extra attack.

It only really works if the mob has a lot of boyz in it though. If the mob's less than 20 models, then it's too risky to try imo.

>>53765595
>Do you faggots do this on purpose, or is there a massive influx of newfags I'm not aware of?
It's the start of summer anon. Of course there's a ton of newfags showing up right now.
>>
>>53765519

24 points for a T3 2W 5+ save lascannon versus 55 points for a T5 6W 4+ save lascannon isn't a landslide decision by any means.

Mortars have the advantage of being able to hide out of LOS but lascannon/autocannon HWTs are stuck where bolters are going to rip them a new asshole.

Sentinels aren't amazing game break OP, but they're definitely useable without feeling like an idiot.
>>
>>53765612
>effect is on models not units
>gonna be 200 points
Nah
>>
>>53765600
That seems to be the thing. After a decade of we need to flip the melta flamer use of units.

Also Exorcist are just as random as before, but least you can re-roll 1's with a rather cheap HQ
>>
>>53765501
I'm including them in my army because I actually own a couple and don't yet have the dish to buy something to replace them. In the meantime though, is a heavy flamer and chainsaw worth it for at least a first turn speed bump? I fully expect to almost always go second given how many different units I bring to the table (enough to make a BRIGADE)
>>
>>53765264
acts of faith, celestine, immolators

and yes retributors with an imagifier for 4+ to shoot twice?

beast mode ladies
>>
Understrength Squads; Talk to me.

Is this a rule specifically for poor people who don't have enough models for a unit?
Or can I choose to have a understrength squad and choose which member is missing?

I.E can I take a trueborn squad at 4 man, drop the Dracon, take all 4 Blasters and put a Blaster Archon in the Venom with them?

Otherwise my minimum 3 archons (thanks detachments) are going to be walking.
>>
>>53765576
At 9 points there cheap as chips, and still have BS 3+ bolters and good armor.

Someone's got to hold objectives.
>>
>>53765658
Yes I'd say it's worth it. It's an effective strategy. I'm probably going to use it myself a few times. It's a great way to route the enemy or pull them away.
>>
>>53765673
That is why you bring conscripts and capture all the objectives :^)
>>
>>53765647
>effect is on models not units
Yeah but they need to target those models if they target the unit, so it doesn't matter.

Also the malanthrope bubble works on non-infantry, venomthropes work on infantry only.
>>
>>53765673

9 point T3 3+ save bolters are a legitimate, not garbage thing.

People haven't realized that S4 shooting is going to be super fucking important in this edition and even marine players are going to *need* their tactical squads against orks and tyranids.
>>
>>53765676
Awesome. Thanks!
>>
File: 2017-06-12 11.46.10.jpg (2MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-12 11.46.10.jpg
2MB, 1885x1060px
Ill be putting up my dumpster books on ebay later this week for real cheap. Ill post a link when i do.
>>
>remember seeing this old stormshield lying around for literally years
>need it now
>nowhere to be seen
I didn't want to have fun anyway
>>
>eldar and tau get cheesy shit
"Fucking WAACfags, disgusting. Ruining the game."

>orks get cheesy daisy chain bullshit horde spam
"I literally can't stop sucking GWs cock"

Makes you think.
>>
>>53765639
>24 points
It's more 72 pts for 3 las cannons or 55 for 1.

You get more mobility and durability at the expense of fire power.

They are thoroughly okay.

HWT spam might be a little too good.
>>
>>53765278
>needle pistols and mauls
The problem with acolytes is you will want to punch yourself in the dick actually modelling said units. There is like...one actual needle pistol in the game right now and its sitting on the eversor.

So you're going to have to counts-as the shit out of them. I used to use shock-maul arbites as my acoyltes before.
>>
>>53765701
Aren't S4 AP0 rather bad at killing orks? Since they basically have 5++ regardless of the situation thanks to meks.
Also 1/6 to ignore wounds with their special character?
>>
>>53765670
I think it's to account for people who may have only had a few models from a squad whose minimum size got increased. For example, someone who assembled the Zoanthrope box as 2 Zoanthropes and 1 Venomthrope

By the rules though, i think you could abuse this to have smaller squads in other spots, so you could have a tactical squad of just 1 guy and the sergeant with a special weapon and a combi weapon, but you couldn't pay your way to 10 guys to get a special and heavy.

The only real advantage I see to doing that on purpose though is for saving space in transports.
>>
>>53765766
>There is like...one actual needle pistol in the game right now and its sitting on the eversor.
nah, eversor's pistol is different

the genestealer cult leader man has a needle pistol, though
>>
>>53765766
Yeah I hear you. I was looking around and like, fuck I have no idea what I want to use. I am right now using Sisters of Silence as the Acolytes and Greyfax as the Inquisitor. They look so fucking good paired together. However, I don't want power swords, I want mauls. I'm going to have to see if people accept greatswords as maul stats.
>>
>>53765766
I don't think anyone modeled acolytes since the only miniature for them had a stick and it was metal
>>
>>53765233
Exorcists, in theory, work better than before. A Canoness should usually stick around with your shooty units and she allows exorcists to reroll ones to hit.

However the D6 shots is quite unreliable. Wish GW used more modifiers for shots. Like D3+1 or shit like that.
>>
>>53765687
That works too.

>>53765701
>People haven't realized that S4 shooting is going to be super fucking important in this edition and even marine players are going to *need* their tactical squads against orks and tyranids

This was pretty much my thinking. A full squad of sisters puts down about 9 gaunts/gaurdsmen/orks a turn at rapid fire range. That's better than a heavy bolter punisher iirc.
>>
>>53765795
I just used random models as Acolytes. Mind you they all always had the same gear or at least the guys with special weapons had the special weapon.
>>
>>53765752

HWTs are pretty good but fold to proper heavy weapons on vehicles. A few heavy bolters or autocannons will shred them.

Mortars are bullshit because you can easily just throw in 3-6 bases of mortars in a building and just leave them their the entire game.
>>
>>53765797
I mean "counts as" modelling, as yes their actual model is awful.
Scouts and Arbites make decent Acolytes, for the most part. But as the latter is OOP, i'd go with scouts.
>>
>>53765814
D6 shots are such a boner killer. Same with D3.
>>
>>53765402
Same as they've always been, cheap skirmishers that can tie up scary units before they hit your gunline or harass infantry and light vehicles.

They are the conscripts of vehicles, even when they die its a victory for you as your real shit isnt being killed.
>>
>>53765797
I used Kasrkin, bolter bitches and now scions as my acolytes, scouts with stormshields as my crusaders, made some DCA out of the new wyches, and captured tau as my jokaero
>>
>>53765848
I feel GW thinks they can't change it since its been a staple unit since it was released.
>>
>>53765783

Not really since you can scale your amount of hits way quicker than he scales his saves.

There just isn't anything else that can kill orks efficiently besides massed small arms (besides 10000 mortars)
>>
>>53765378
>20 boyz in combat + 10 boy daisy chain
>2 attacks base, +1 choppa, +1 weirdboy, +1 green tide
>5 attacks/boy before big G
>10 man daisy chain ----> 50 attacks lost
>Connected to big G ----> 20 attacks gained
not worth it.
>>
File: 1494967640088.png (67KB, 325x220px) Image search: [Google]
1494967640088.png
67KB, 325x220px
>Oh hey Flayed Ones are cool, a unit of 20 would be pretty good
>$55 for 5
>>
>>53765545
Sisters being as cheap as they are is really helpful, its worth noting that a hospitaler or two running around can keep a footing squad alive a lot longer.

I think footing armies will absolutely do well this edition. I think Mech can work too but seems to me you can go either way very easily with Sisters. Rhinos are pretty cheap for Sisters so a mixed force can be nasty.

>>53765576

I would generally disagree. You can get AoF rolls pretty easy, and even 1-2 a turn out of 4-5 possible are a huge boon. Its basically an easier version of Ynnari "Power from Death"

Normal girls are cheap and have great stats. Personally I don't see why you'd dump flamers instead of Meltas on Dominions in all cases. Having a squad of Fire Dragons is always useful.

You already have anti-infantry in spades.
>>
Anyone knows if Go to Ground is still in the game?
>>
>>53765913
it's not
>>
>>53765871
Or Vulcan mega bolter.
With all its power it can reliably kill 8 orks per turn.

It feels like GW never tested big units
>>
>>53765785

That's the only reason I'm doing it, since 5/10 transports are stupid and don't allow for characters on board if you take minimum squads/want the bonus of 10 man weapon unlocks.

So would you say I'd be fine to take 4 blaster born as a squad as it's only 1 understrength?
>>
>>53765899
>4-5 possible
So Celestine and what? 3-5 banners? That's 120-200 points in a unit that works 50% of the time.

At best it's, maybe, 1 banner per 2-3 units
>>
>>53765892
>twist a warrior a bit
>greenstuff some flesh on his metal bones
>scrape some talons together from sprue or whatever
Greenstuff solves all problems
>>
>>53765919
How come you think?
>>
I've been looking at it and can anyone else confirm this.

The only restrictions to remounting into a transport i can see is that you have to be 1" away from a model so you can't embark while engaged, and your entire squad has to make it within 3" so slow squads might not be able to disengage from a large horde. So you can enter a transport while falling back, as long as you can get out of the combat? since embarking happens at the end of the movement phase?

i mean your transport wouldn't be able to move after picking them up, but generally transports are tough enough that it might be able to keep them alive and re position them especially if your transport can fly and won't get bogged down if the enemy can surround it next turn.
>>
>>53765899
The Dominions with flamers could work better thanks to their scout. They end being a bit cheaper than full flamer sister squad for the purpose of running ahead and burning shit
>>
>>53764833

The mission: 50 power, semi-narrative matched play

The setup: The message came three days before, echoing suddenly and abruptly through all electronics capable of it, from the basic voxes of the underclass scum to the planetary governor's own grand sound system, echoing through his halls. The voice behind it was cold and dispassionate, as though it had said the words a million times before, but their content could be no more chilling

[Attention sentients of this planet. This planet is to be terraformed in one week's time. Any lifeforms remaining on this planet at time of terraforming will be considered non-sentient and removed.]

The uproar was massive, and doubly so when long-ranged scanners tracked it to an alien fleet at the edge of the sector. The message itself, as well as a plea for help, was sent out to a chapter which had saved the planet before from Orks: The Avenging Angels, a Blood Angels successor.

The list, for initial contact:

Overlord: 7
10 Immortals w/ Tesla: 8
20 Warriors: 12
3 Scarabs: 2
3 Scarabs: 2
Monolith: 19

The Warriors start on the tomb world, while the Overlord is overseeing the purge. The Immortals stand with him as an honour guard, as the monolith falls from the sky and the scarabs go forth and grey goo.

Is there a better way to represent the 'crons coming to a planet purely to destroy everything on it? My Dynasty is currently going from planet to planet trying to clear them of life and rebuild necron pylons to re-seal the Warp.
>>
>>53765839
>HWTs are pretty good but fold to proper heavy weapons on vehicles
They also shred an equal number of points of vehicles. They're going to be the same glass cannon they were before, but more spamable. They're going to wreck armies that they outrange.

>Mortars are bullshit because you can easily just throw in 3-6 bases of mortars in a building and just leave them their the entire game.
I'm thinking 3+ squads in a bunker are going to be annoyingly hard to shift.
>>
>>53765930
I don't see any reason why not. Only issue I would see is someone going rules-lawyer on it and pointing out that you cant physically possess enough models for a minimum squad to use that option.
>>
>>53765848
I'd be alright with 1d6 hits. But a pie plate averaging 1.75 hits is sad.
>>
How are these guys this edition? I'm torn between buying a dragoon or a squad of Infiltrators, though I love the dragoon/ironstrider model much more.
>>
>>53765982
Do mortars have any kind of minimum range?
>>
>>53765865
>captured tau as my jokaero
I kind of like that
>Dance monkey dance!
>>
>>53765980
>terraformed
>Necrons are going to make a planet terra-like
>aren't from terra
>literal terrans already inhabit the planet
You are bad at fluff writing
>>
>>53765961
I think you're right but you might be better off charging with the transport and disengaging with the unit so the next turn you can disengage with the transport and fire+charge with another unit.

If you put a unit in a transport then the enemy will just charge that transport and effectively lock two units up for two turns at least.
>>
>>53766009
Thankfully no artillery this edition has a minimum. So mortars can shoot something that's out of los 4 inches away.
>>
>>53765972
5 flaners (one combi) is strong, but I think you are teching a squad to do something your army can almost certainly already do. Meanwhile AT is lacking everywhere else. Meltas are still a good, if not expensive, choice. It turns around ~210 for 4 meltas and an immolator with its flamer. Not bad, but costly. I've already had 2 games against big vehicles/twalkers 50%+ wounds from a 4x melting.
>>
>>53766007
Forgot the file because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>53766020
What term would you use for it for ease of understanding at a glance? "Reformat" is too computer-associated for something to do with changing a biological system, and everything else I could think of had too much implication of destruction.
>>
>>53766033
>Thankfully
Except this is retarded. Artillery should all have a 12" minimum range which also prevents retardation like Basilisks firing overwatch at units charging them from behind
>>
>>53766016
I basically took a Firewarrior and scraped down its armour, painted its new bodysuit blue, and scraped down its carbine into a shitty wrench
>>
>>53765984
>>53765984

What do you mean by can't physically own enough? Trueborn don't even have a model but I've kitbashed 15 or so with blasters from other kits, just haven't built any dracons so I legitimately don't have enough models to make a squad
>>
>>53766053
I'll admit it's retarded. Basilisks firing overwatch is gay and dumb. Just give a special rule where the crew gets overwatch so it's like 6 S3 shots.
>>
>>53766094
There are a lot of retarded things in this edition. Specially how mechanics look (flamers shooting super sonic stuff in the air)
>>
>>53766118
There's a lot of retarded stuff, but it's made everything a lot more fun and quicker than 7th.
>>
Are Knights and Necrons the answer to conscripts? 20-40 S4 AP-1 shots from warriors, or the sheer shooty/choppy power of SPAEC bretonnians, can mess these guys up.

And can we take a moment to address how awesome it is this is the discussion of powerful stuff?
>>
>>53766140
Not sure if faster a 2000 point game takes a lot long now.

Those D6 shots really add up time in the long run
>>
>>53766038
Not particularly killy most of the time, but fast as fuck and durable for their cheap cost. I will be using my pair as separate units to tie up enemies and force them to Fall Back, and try to waste some enemy shooting on the way. Good way to fill 3 FA for Brigade for 200ish points and still get use from them, probably not worth running larger units much anymore.

Infiltrators are a bit less cool, but do much the same job they already did for less points, which is breaking everyone else out of tarpit circlecharge, jumping on flimsy D1 elite-killers and tasing them to death while tanking with 2W. I like the changes, although Rusties are now a tad misbegotten and sad.
>>
>>53766140
The dumb stuff can easily be fixed by small rules changes without getting in the way of the benefits that 8th brought us though.

Like the aforementioned >>53766053, just add to the special rules of weapons that say "this weapon can target units not visible to the bearer" with "but cannot fire at units within 12" of the bearer.
>>
>>53766027
I'm thinking with tau, where the unit would be a lost cause in melee and the transport can just fly out of combat
>>
>>53765892
Do what this guy did

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/6ggzi8/the_miracle_of_the_plumbers_teflon_tape_flayed/
>>
>>53764910
Sell your army, sorry, 6 riptides on ebay and then off yourself. You already lost.
>>
>>53765427
I played a guy using them yesterday.
now it could be his rolling, his dice seemed set on rolling ones and i only buy battlefront dice because they love to roll 5s and 6s. but they weren't all that impressive.
Plasma doesn't seem all that impressive in this addition, mind you it was a guard v guard game.
It's still likely the best choice because the multiple shots
Well, second best, flamers exist
>>
Whats this fluff I'm reading about the Nightbringer being brought back from its prison by Ultramarines?

Anyone got a source / short tl;dr of the events?
>>
So are orks good or bad
>>
>>53765933
This is like complaining about paying points for psykers.

It doesn't work all the time but by having Celestine you get one that works every turn. 1 that works on a 2+ every turn and an average of 2-3 more every turn. That's enough to get a good pattern of double use going every turn.

You can also expend a CP on critical turn rolls.

>>53765972

I can see this, its not like its not powerful. Its just that you can already kill a ton of dudes with bolters and heavy bolters and what have you. Whereas sisters have much more randomized damage for AV in many cases.
>>
>>53765939
Rule bloat. also to stop stuff from having 0+ saves in cover.

>>53766009
Nope. Minimum range was gotten rid of on everything as far as I can tell.
>>
>>53766140
>more fun

That's pretty subjective. Currently 8e feels very bland.

Could be once the codices come out and start adding flavor, it will be "more fun", but from what my gaming group hasn't seen much change besides the blandness.

Pros:
>Vehicles are a lot more durable and feel good.
>Snipers have a purpose
>Heavy Weapons feel better
>new gun stats feel better as well.
>>
>>53766218
Are you joking, they're top tier

Right now it's in contention whether the best army is Orks, IG, or Tyranids. There are arguments to be made for all 3 of them and the meta hasn't solidified enough yet to tell for sure. My money's on guard.
>>
File: 1496689582008.jpg (409KB, 1362x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1496689582008.jpg
409KB, 1362x1861px
>>53764833
>>53765569 #
The awnser is Skitarii

Vanguard have Assault 3, so even a 10 man squad is putting out 30 shots. Either put them in cover, or use the Psalm shroud canticle to get to +3. Or, use your re-rolling ones to increase damage out put. Str 3 guns means they're wounding on 4's, and hitting on 3's, so they should be cutting down swathes of the enemy. If that's not enough, or if they're weak enough, charge in, and start wounding on +3 because they lower the conscripts to T2. If you really want to be mean, pop machine might and wound on +2.

Bring a MSU of rangers with 2 Arquebuses to snipe commisars, while giving supporting fire with their rifles to help snipe Key Commisars.

Kataphron Destroyers are rolling in with plenty of dakka, with Grav cannons to help spit out str5 shots, with either flamers or stubbers.

Infiltrators with Taser/Flechettes will spit out absurd amounts of shot's and attacks. Drop a 10 man squad in, and drop 50 shots from their flechettes into the conscripts, since Flechettes are Pistol 5 and str 3, so they are ALSO wounding on 4's. And they will be in range, since they can appear within 9". And this is befofe they assault, with 30 attacks each, making 2 more attacks on 6's, which will also wound on 2's, since its str 6.

Kastellan are even funnier, even if you just throw them at the enemy. 36 phosphor blaster shots a turn will be shot from these bad boys, but if they are so inclined to shoot at them with lasguns, you can use your Invuln save to inflict the damage right back at them, since it mortal wounds on every Successful roll of 6. Sure, you might whipe them out, but it will certainly wipe out some conscripts as well
>>
>>53766246
So many more units are getting used in our games and mech armies aren't crying over being glanced to death instantly.
>>
never join a discord they are all cancer with shit mods
>>
>>53766260
Lootas. Those bloody things glance to death anything now.
That Damage 2 is hell
>>
>>53766218
Nob with Waaagh! banner lets every unit in our codex hit on a 2+.
>>
In 8th edition, can you Fall Back multiple times in a turn, or just once?
>>
>>53766252
why don't people do the math before posting stupid shit like this
>>
File: 234234.png (116KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
234234.png
116KB, 184x184px
>>53766278
LOOTAS A SHIT!

Give Flash Gitz Sv4+
>>
>>53766281
In the movement phase any unit locked in close combat may choose to fall back. This unit may not shoot or charge later.
>>
>>53766294
Why do you need 4+ when you can get 5++ and ignore wounds on 6s?
Flash Gitz are fucking amazing.
>>
File: IMG_1515.jpg (34KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1515.jpg
34KB, 600x315px
>>53766053
>>53766094
>>53766140

If you've ever seen Saving Private Ryan you'd see that mortar shells can make decent impromptu hand grenades.

And it's not that much of a stretch to imagine artillery guns being loaded with shells that essentially turn them into gigantic shotguns since such things existed in real life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beehive_anti-personnel_round
>>
>>53766294
>Give Flash Gitz Sv4+
At least FGs get Gretchin meat sponges now.
>>
Any Genestealer Cult Army bros that want to help me starting out? Be gentle with Genestealer Army first babby;
Genestealer Magus x 1
Genestealer Primus x 1
Hybrids Box Set x 2
Genestealer Patriarch x 1
Overkill Aberrants x 2
Metamorph Hybrids x 1
Heavy Rock Saw x 2
Heavy Rock Drill x 2
Heavy Rock Cutter x 2
Blasting x 2
Seismic Gun x 2
Heavy Fire x 2
Seismic Cannon x 2
Neophyte Hybrids x 1
Acolyte Iconward x 1

Obviously I'm not looking for a list, just making sure I'm not missing any must buys. Thanks for any help!
>>
>>53765289
2000 point list.
666 conscripts.
No commissars.
I shall fill the board with corpses.
>>
>>53766303
Thanks anon
>>
>>53766307
Because I have to pay and baby sit the already expensive as fuck Flash Gitz...plus it makes fucking sense!
>>
File: 24.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
Did we get anywhere with the "Im out of LoS, but still die" question?

As far as I get it, most rules seems to point to the direction that, yes, one guy out in the open, and the full squad can be shot to bits (this is specifically pointed out with models that have several wounds for instance). But the notice of "the shooting phase should be rolling one guy at a time, but we chose to speed up the game" section. Where one can imagine that if in fact it is on a model by model basis, the guy out should die first by the first shot, and the rest would be spared.

Silly as it may be, Im still leaning towards loosing models out of LoS judging from the rest of the RAW.
>>
>>53766326
>666 conscripts
>14 units
>14 auxiliary detachments
>-11 Command Points
>>
>>53766367
Your point?
>>
>>53766316

I started one in 7th, but they seem so... Well "dull" now. I get it, its more fair overall, but they where just so filled to the brim with fluff in 7th I have a hard time getting over it...
>>
>>53766352
You only check line of sight when picking your targets.
>>
File: deathguard.png (33KB, 115x150px) Image search: [Google]
deathguard.png
33KB, 115x150px
is Bellguy any good?

Seems a bit expensive.

>makes your army a bit faster
>lowers enemy leadership
>4 wounds, 3 attacks
>>
>>53766352
Someone wrapped it up by pointing out that, even though shots are resolved one at a time and the defending player could remove the one in LoS first before resolving other shots, the shooting sequence doesn't check for vision and range anymore after the initial targeting step.
>>
>>53765637
You do know that traffic doesn't really increase during the summer, right?
>>
>>53766405
It's just the index. The Codex will probably bring back things like Return To The Shadows as Stratagems.
>>
File: Duncan as fuck.png (369KB, 520x744px) Image search: [Google]
Duncan as fuck.png
369KB, 520x744px
Rare Duncan
>>
>>53766352
i'm fine with it, considering the firepower and most covering being ruins, i'm fine with the one guy giving the position away and a couple guys getting gunned down and plasma fire tears through the 6 inches of concrete the 4 or 5 guys who die were hiding behind or as bolter shells explode in the right locations etc.
>>
>>53766405
Wait for codices
>>
>>53766410
guilliman could kill him pretty easily
>>
>>53766352

Are shooty terminators still worthless?

Yes, stormbolters are better now, but they're still basically two bolters on a guy who costs way more than two Tacticals.
>>
>>53766464
They're a lot sturdier than tacticals though, they have built-in Deep Strike without needing to pay for a pod, can charge afterwards and do significant damage in melee, and assault cannons are fucking sweet.
>>
So Gorillaman.

Is he OP?
>>
File: gurps uplift.jpg (492KB, 588x776px) Image search: [Google]
gurps uplift.jpg
492KB, 588x776px
So Im making some OC mini-empires for my Rougue trader game to find, and I got a question.

Uplifted animals. Heresy or not? Asuming not using alien technology or warp mutation but purposefull genetic enginering via an STC. Im asking cause it seems a good way to get around the no-robots rule for a society.
>>
>>53766456
Is this a new shitpost or what

Of course a fucking Primarch can kill some unnamed elite slot character jobber.
>>
>>53766410
For his points, he's trash. I'm chopping off his bell and making him just another plague marine
>>
>>53766482
yes
>>
File: Dark Angels - 2000pts.jpg (762KB, 1800x2459px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 2000pts.jpg
762KB, 1800x2459px
How does this look for a general 2k list? Figured a relative smorgasbord of units is good to get used to everything.
>>
>>53766482
yep. i can't believe they made him better than he was i 7th. as long as he has men in front of him and behind him you'll never be able to target him... the snipers who do shoot at him will be as effective as a wet noodle
>>
>>53765207
Jesus christ, former CSM main here, forgot how much fucking terms are
>>
>>53766482
Without a doubt, yes. He's not like, game-warpingly OP, like "oh no the meta is ruined he's so good" sort of OP, but he is too good for his points so there's basically no reason not to take him in vanilla marine lists.
>>
>>53766464

The worthless terminators are Cataphractii.

No better than shooty terminators at shooting, but can only take heavy flamers.

Slower.

Not as durable than hammer and shield terminators.
>>
>>53766293
HURP DERP THIS ISNT A VIABLE COUNTER, MY EXCEL SPREADSHEET PERFECTLY SIMULATES GAMES AND I CAN PROVE IT WOULDNT WORK AT ALL

i want mathammer autists to die
>>
>>53766525

>No reason not to take him in vanilla marine lists

What if I play White Scars?
>>
>>53766265
depends on the discord
i got a /tg/ discord and we're hyper cool
>>
>>53766544
>plays a game based around numerical statistics and dice
>thinks math doesn't play an extremely important part in it
>bases what's good off of "feels" of how he thinks the numbers work in his head, literally doing the same thing he accuses mathhammer players of doing but without actually even doing the math
>>
>>53765501
>Armored were good for tying up infantry units in close combat because most couldn't hurt AV12

There's something hilarious about a sentinel running around in a mob of shooty infantry, trying to stomp them like a frigate bird while they are forced to give up trying to shoot at it and instead ineffectually all attempt to punch it to death.

Like it exudes an aura of brainlessness.
>>
>>53766410
Put him near a unit with Icon of Despair for another -1 Ld. Have some Spawn running around him for another -1 Ld.

Looking for more Ld modifiers. I'm vaguely hoping that Ld manipulation might be a Nurgle theme.
>>
>>53766501
What'll you count him as?

Champion with Plasma Pistol?
>>
>>53766554
When Chapter Tactics come out that will matter. For now you're better off painting them as White Scars but saying they are Ultramarines for keyword purposes.
>>
>>53766544
>i want mathammer autists to die
soo this. one paper the battle cannon is shit, but in actuality it bleeds big guys of their health very fast and from far away
>>53766500
>Of course a fucking Primarch can kill some unnamed elite slot character jobber.
hahahah, i like how all the boards on 4chan have merged their lexicons
>>
>>53766573
Haha, it is fantastic imagery. It's one of those moments were AV was very silly.
>>
File: Thousand Sons - 2000pts.jpg (706KB, 1800x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons - 2000pts.jpg
706KB, 1800x2130px
So how would you rate this list? Any suggestions welcome
>>
>>53766509
Add another swarmlord
>>
>>53766578
It does seem good for killing necron warriors.

Though they do have 10 base.

However they do tend to footslog large units. So maybe have this guy and some plague marines with an icon of despair in a rhino and kill a good chunk of them and you make em run.
>>
File: Blood Angels - 970pts.jpg (422KB, 1800x1255px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 970pts.jpg
422KB, 1800x1255px
Rate my list tg
>>
>>53766568
You, like most autists, are not aware of the true extent of your autism, and thus don't understand why people hate you. You'll figure it out sometime.

also, you're playing with unfair dice on an unfair table, your calculations are worthless.
>>
>>53766578
>spam leadership modifiers
>fight Tyranids, synapse creatures laugh at you
>fight Imperial Guard, commissars laugh at you
>fight Orks, 30-strong boy mobz laugh at you
>>
>>53766625
You're thinking of Batallion, not vanguard for the troops.

What will your sorcerers do? Pal around with Magnus for super smite + 2 smites?
>>
>>53766625

>3 rhinos

That's a lot of dead points.

Also warpflamers are a waste of time, just take flamers of Tzeentch instead and leave your Tsons BRRRTing with ranged rend.
>>
>>53765207
The defiler had better be T8 to be worth that many goddamn points because it would get its shit pushed in by a tyranid exocrine for cheaper.
>>
>>53766662
>muh autism, muh projection about being hated in social circles
>muh lack of perfect accuracy means all estimation of averages is completely worthless fallacy
Lmao
>>
File: INQdice.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
INQdice.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
>sisters rules are not complete garbage
Well, time to dust off the force and I have a good excuse to use my horde of dice from Inquisitor.
>>
Lads do you remember that Raven Guard vs Tau box set? In it there was a paint guide on how to do each RG company properly. But I can't find it any more.

Is there a proper guide on how to paint RG companies right? Right markings and shit.
>>
>>53766684
Funny you say that because I have literally already seen a game where a Tyranid exocrine one-shot a defiler.
>>
>>53766667
Well yeah, either that, or support the rest of the troops with invul rerolls in case Magnus' bubble can't reach
>>
>>53766176
So running it as a single model actually works now? I mostly run a gunline now, with a lone callidus assassin, so a fast unit would be nice.
>>
>Eyes off renegade knight entry in Chaos index

Well, I DO like the idea of owning baby's first Titan, but do I reeeeeaaaally need to spend the money on one? How useful are they likely to be in 8th?
>>
>>53766592
It depends on the difficulty, i might extend the pistol into a proper plasmagun, otherwise yeah
>>
>>53766714
Yeah but they're all in rhinos which have no capacity.

They move half the speed of rhinos so footslogging won't work.

>rubric marines are slow
>need 10 guys to get a rotor cannon
>can't get a passenger if you put 10 guys in a rhino/land raider

Gaaay
>>
>>53766662
You know, there IS a middle-ground between expecting all calculations to be perfectly accurate at all times and believing all calculations to be totally worthless. Of course the game doesn't take place on a perfectly flat field where all units are constantly in optimum range versus their targets, but it's still useful to know how a given unit will perform on average in a given circumstance versus a given opponent.
>>
File: IMG_2641.jpg (289KB, 947x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2641.jpg
289KB, 947x642px
Seeing as mono-Admech is relarively unviable, I decided to fall for the conscript meme for a competitive list.

Here it is, 2k and glorious
>regular ol' dominus
>2x Lord Commissars- Power Fists
>2x 5-man Infiltrator Squads- swords n pistols
>10 fulgurites
>2x 40-man conscript squads
>2x 3-man destroyers squads: phosphor, grav
>neutron Onager
>Knight-warden: chainsword, Icarus autocannon or stormspear Pod

Should be pretty fun converting Commissars (datasmiths or FW stuff I think), but I'm gonna kill myself with those techthralls.

Knight will be good anti-everything, the blobs are the best chaff available, Infiltrators delet blobs, and destroyers/Onager deal with armor. Dominus heals shit (knight) and fulgurites just do what they want.
>>
File: image.png (204KB, 540x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204KB, 540x267px
Rate my list.
>>
>>53766671
Why do you consider rhinos to be dead points?

You do have a point about warpflamers, but I don't have any flamers sadly.
>>
Where are these FW leaks coming from? I suppose the better question is are they leaks or were they teased somewhere?
>>
>>53766761
Nice
>>
>>53766754
Don't bother trying to explain that, if they can't figure it out on their own they aren't worth the time.
>>
>>53766697
People hate pedantic autists. Sorry if My LRBT is .5 wounds per turn less efficient than your loadout, that doesnt mean I want to hear you explain it for 10 minutes.

>lack of perfect accuracy
>thinking they're even close to accurate
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?65531-Do-you-roll-a-lot-of-1s-A-40k-must-read
>>
>>53766761
11/10 would do
>>
>>53766729
They're pretty solid. Renegade is generally considered better than Imperial due to the ability to double up on your main weapon of choice. There are some damage calcs in the bottom link of the OP.
>>
>>53766761
Good for casual stuff, probably not great for tournies dumbass
>>
>>53766763

No, I consider three rhinos specifically to be dead points. That's a lot of points into three stormbolters after you disembark on turn two or three.
>>
>>53766748

Yeah, it's such a tease
>>
>>53765714
Dumpster books?
>>
>>53766757
>mono ad mech is unviable
wow! impressive that you figured that out 5 days before 8th is even released!
fuck off.
>>
>>53766764
Teased on the community site.

>>53766780
>arguing against mathhammer
>posts a link to someone who did extensive math testing to see which dice were most accurate
>thinks that this relatively linear inconsistency in the dice that would globally affect all averages not based around abilities that re-roll 1's somehow means all estimations are worthless
Holy fuck you are dumb
>>
>>53766627
wha...
>>
Why are Marines so fucking gay?
>>
>>53766796

Maybe you could put the sorcerers in Razorbacks with minimum thousand sons units? They look like they'd still be pretty powerful in small does with their rend, save bonus and invul.
>>
>>53766793

I see. Thanks for the tips.
>>
File: ... its fuckin nuthin.jpg (10KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
... its fuckin nuthin.jpg
10KB, 248x252px
>>53766835
>Razorbacks
>>
>>53766820
Because they suck eachother off
>>
>>53766655
Add another swarmlord
>>
Do jump packs still let you reroll charges?
>>
>>53766820
People see what they want to see.
Apparently you want to see burly 8 foot gay men.
>>
>>53764947
>40k
>skill
Nice meme.
>>
>>53766820
Because they were made in the Emperor's image, loving anyone or anything else would be super heresy.
>>
>>53764967

Sniper drones are fucking terrifying but only if your army relied heavily on aura HQs who aren't too sturdy. Large amounts of them can vaporize HQs that were otherwise untargetable, crippling many armies.

I wouldn't put them above things like XV8 for top pick but they're far from bad.
>>
>>53766864
They are just such an unlikable gay twat army.
>>
>>53766843

Hey Razorbacks are pretty good, the dual assault cannon one would help out the poor anti-horde Tsons have pretty well.
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (404KB, 599x908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
404KB, 599x908px
>>53766817
Add another swarmlord. The tyranid leader beast. From index xenos 2. Add another one.
>>
File: smh fam.png (26KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
smh fam.png
26KB, 160x160px
Do you need line of sight to fire overwatch?

I had a game where my oppoent put a rhino in front of his marines in such a way only one model could his see his and then declared a charge saying that only the single model that could see the charging unit was allowed to fire overwatch.
>>
>>53766884
You are aware Chaos Space Marines do not get Razorbacks.
>>
>>53766862
No.
On a per-unit basis
>>
>>53766754
your huge autistic spreadsheet doesnt hold up in game though. It's mostly useless, but encourages idiots to build only a specific loadout which they think will be most optimal, contributing to WAAC culture and stagnancy in the meta.
I want you all to die.

>>53766814
If you're rolling more ones then you're rolling less of something else. 3rd grade math. Furthermore, we only know that chessex roll more 1s, we dont know about any other brands.

stop trying so hard to defend your autistic take on our hobby.
>>
>>53766894
Yes, that's a perfectly legal move.
>>
>>53766884
>still suggesting Chaos marines in Razorbacks
>>
Would making it so multi damage abilities kill multiple models help with the horde meta, or would that be overkill?
>>
>>53765294
Yes, you only miss out on command points

Bikes are two wounds now.
>>
>>53766884
I gave you a chance to realize your idiocy
>>
>>53766919
But.. the charging unit has to become exposed in order to actually charge..
>>
Is there a rip of the new book about space marine space marines?
>>
>>53764833

HQ:
2x Tempestor prime - Command rod, Chainsword (80)

Elite:
2x Tempestus command squad - 4x meltagun (128)
Master of ordance (38)

Troop:
4x 10 Tempestus scion (400)
2x 5 Tempestus scion - 2x flamer (124)
6x Taurox prime - Gatling cannon, Storm bolter (588)

Fast attack:
3x Hellound - Chem cannon, Heavy flamer (330)

Heavy support:
3x Manticore (399)

Currently at 2087 points, what to take off?
>>
>>53765038

They're not out yet, they're called Reivers, have Eversor/chaplain skull helms, stealthy power armor, and use bolt pistol, giant Catachan style knife, and power sword
>>
File: IMG_2678.jpg (244KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2678.jpg
244KB, 500x750px
>>53766809
>implying I haven't already played a dozen games

Why don't you fuck off dudemigo, our special units are good but lack of diverse HQs (i.e. one) and weak chaff (Skitarii are a little too expensive and troopspam requires HQs, so see above) make it kinda lame alone. So yeh m8, mono-Admech is kinda weak. Our Choppin and shootin is aces, but effective screening and map control is a different story

Side note, has phosphor wording clarified if idenyong cover is against all gun like before or just that one? Like is loosing that into some termies in cover and then firing grav gonna deny them cover boosts for the grav as well?
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1600x1067px
>>53766907

Hey my roommate has a whole bunch of Thousand Sons Razorbacks under assembly, I think I know what transports they can and can't take.
>>
>>53766782
The idea of double avengers does amuse me a great deal, yes, though if need to source the bits for the second
>>
>>53766911
>your huge autistic spreadsheet doesnt hold up in game though. It's mostly useless
They do hold up in game and they are not mostly useless, try asking top tournament players sometime instead of being an emotional faggot who can't deal with the fact that the loadouts you enjoy are not always optimal because the game designers suck at mathematical balancing.

>If you're rolling more ones then you're rolling less of something else.
Yeah. And so is every other weapon and dice roll. And all your opponent's dice. In other words it has basically no effect on the overall math except for weapons and units that re-roll 1's. How are you too stupid to understand this? It's not going to suddenly make a strictly worse weapon better because the same drop in effectiveness the better weapon has is suffered by the worse one too because they both roll on the same fucking dice.
>>
>>53766719
Yeah, that works fairly well just because they're weak enough to be a waste of heavy firepower (especially with -1 To Hit making it fairly likely a Railgun or Lascannon team will just miss entirely) but tough enough to soak small arms pretty well. Don't expect to kill anything beyond maybe a few Harlequins or a single Crisis Suit before being smashed off the board, but use it to charge shooty stuff, annoy them and make them lose turns.

If anything, running big units is more of a waste because they don't have the damage anymore to smash through stuff and the feeling of locking two biggish tanks or an entire squad of dangerous infantry in combat T2 just so they can't attack the Skitarii and Infiltators closing in to raep range or the Kastelans establishing turret mode is so nice.
>>
File: please respond.jpg (52KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
please respond.jpg
52KB, 331x331px
>>53766707
>>
Who would win in a fight, 20 close combat chaos space marines or 30 close combat ork boyz?
>>
>>53765076
Waiting for FW stuff to come before I build.

The Frontline Gaming guys let it slip that all our worries about going against heavy armor will be forgotten with the FW stuff.
>>
>>53766986
Who charged?
>>
Why are Exalted Sorcerers cheaper than normal ones? I'm on phone so i can't reach the leaks.. Could someone please post the Exalted datasheet?
>>
>>53766986

Who goes first?
>>
>>53766930
>Talking about horde meta
>Game isn't even out yet
>True effectiveness of hordes has yet to be truely tested
>Already reaching any conclusions about meta

All memes aside, if high damage weapons had their damage spread over to other models we once again see the issue that heavy weapons are effective against EVERYTHING, meaning nobody is going to use other weapons any more.
>>
>>53766891
>>53766856
>>53766627
Stop trying to make this a thing.
>>
>>53766986
Who gets the charge and do orks get to fill the 80 points difference with wargear?
>>
>>53767011

FW is gonna make money from all the holes GW leaves.
Need FW units to be competitive.

So Riptide replaced with its cousins too?
>>
Should I go dumpster dive at my local Gee Dubya? Anyone ever had success with it? I'm kinda hoping that they tossed their hardback CotW and I didn't get a chance to read it.
>>
Out of curiosity, does a Tervigon require points set aside for brood progenitor, or can you use it regardless?
>>
File: deathguardstarter.jpg (65KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
deathguardstarter.jpg
65KB, 600x620px
Have we seen any images of the death guard's blight launcher yet? I'm kinda thinking it's gonna be a corrupted version of the rad-missile launcher that legion destroyers use (like how Rubric marines have a corrupted fucking rotor cannon).
>>
>>53767040

Set aside for new units, free to reinforce units.
>>
>>53766873
How many of them do you need to bring to reliably take down space marine captains? In terminator armor?
>>
>>53766050

Metalshape
>>
>>53766977
Not the math-illiterate anon you were responding too, but you should also consider the variance of weapons in addition to the averages. There are situations where 20 shots at BS5+ will be worse than 10 shots at BS3+, and vice versa.
>>
>>53766050
"Sterilized."
>>
>>53766938
Overwatch is fired before a model moves

You check LOS/range when the charge is declared, and before they move

Read the rules
>>
>>53767025
Meta was probably the wrong word, but I wasn't sure what else to say to describe it.
>>
>Listening to canhammer
>Enjoying the episode
>Retard makes a shitty Trump/Global warming joke
>Token autistic Asian who sounds like a ferret eating his own asshole laughs himself stupid.
>Guy host is trying to suck up to for free tournaments laughs himself stupid
>Host laughs himself stupid
>It wasn't even funny and it's clear they're just spewing bullshit they heard in the news

Are there any good 40k podcasts that don't have this bullshit? Canhammer used to be pretty good but now they have this Asain ferret faggot who ruins it. If you ever join a /tg/ discord there is always 1 autistic Asian who talks way too fucking much and never says anything while doing so. Now this is what the episodes are like
>>
>>53766938
Only after Overwatch is done.
>>
>>53766986
What buffs does each unit have
>>
>>53767035
No. Everything they don't sell is remelted and made into new stuff. As for books, recycled.
>>
>>53767064
That's true, but that's a little beyond the level I'm willing to go with quick calculations for cost-efficiency, and USUALLY ballistic skill doesn't vary much between weapon options and units within a single army.
>>
>>53765795
Pic plz ?
>>
>>53767099
I cant tell if you're trolling me or the anon that "found" all his codices in a dumpster are trolling me
>>
>>53767064
It also does weird things to plasma/ion weapons which do nasty stuff on 1s.

Really the solution is just to use better dice, with a proper distribution.
>>
>>53766435
Same levels of traffic doesn't mean it's coming from the same places.

Summerfags is an old meme as well. It's now eternal summer.
>>
>>53767084
You sound mad about asians, anon. Did a gook steal your girl or something? Fuck's sake for all the talk of the snowflakes from tumblr, trumpkins also seem to get really easily offended by those faggots insulting their precious fatass president. I'm sorry discord and youtube are not safe spaces for you, child.
>>
>>53767100
>ballistic skill doesn't vary much
I forget other armies don't have the ballistic skill spread of orks.
>>
File: SoS.jpg (34KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
SoS.jpg
34KB, 600x620px
>>53767121
I built 5 with the swords, but I don't have a transport for them and they are like 19 points per model if I take them as SoS, so I figured I'd roll them as Acolytes since the look is great.
>>
>>53767128
/tg/ contacted GW a few years ago and they said they resmelt anything they doesn't sell and they recycle codex and books. So I'm not saying it's impossible he got the books as nothing is impossible.. but it's improbable that a GW bunker didn't follow procedure.
>>
File: exalted.jpg (96KB, 914x340px) Image search: [Google]
exalted.jpg
96KB, 914x340px
>>53767013
>>
>>53767131
>Same levels of traffic doesn't mean it's coming from the same places
There's no reason to believe that the user makeup changes during summer. The meme is just born from selection bias.
>>
>>53767169
SoS can ride in Rhino's. Pretty much everybody has a Rhino. You don't need their flashy sci-fi submarine transport.
>>
>>53767013
>I'm on phone so i can't reach the leaks
Put them on dropbox so you can read on the go
>>
>>53766663
>3 armies total in the game can get around the tactic
>that means the tactic is wholly worthless
This is why people say /tg/ is shit at warhammer.
>>
File: Craftworlds - 1600pts.jpg (360KB, 1800x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Craftworlds - 1600pts.jpg
360KB, 1800x1570px
So at the end of last edition I was just starting out a project of making a 1250 point ulthwe army - I came up with more or less pic related as my list (it appears to have increased a bit in points). I'm not particularly worried about the point level, but is this still a reasonably functional army list? I'm not really sure what to make of the new vibro cannons for starters - considering changing my plans to include a fire prism instead (more fun to paint anyways).

Maybe by the time I get around to making them, black guardians will get special rules again - the webway assault thing was neat.
>>
>>53766820
Because they're all dudes?
>>
>>53767178
whats a GW bunker m9?
>>
>>53767192
I only have Taurox Primes and Chimeras.
>>
>>53767157
Not him but I used to live in toronto and hamilton, and there are an absurd number of insufferable asian people in that part of canada.

Hamilton in particular has a lot of trust fund baby elitist assholes.
>>
>>53767200
Those are also the probable top 3 armies in the meta, and the only armies against which morale would otherwise be meaningful most of the time.
>>
Did we reach a consensus on paying for either 10 guardsmen or 8 guardsmen and a HWT? Is it autism? Just wondering about embedding motars/lascannon in my infantry for scattered anti-tank.
>>
File: DSC001821.jpg (195KB, 848x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DSC001821.jpg
195KB, 848x1199px
>>
>>53767216
Well that sounds like it was richfags being the issue, not asianfags.
>>
>>53767250
You pay for 10 and then the heavy weapon.
>>
>>53767206
Basically a GW store where you can play games. I think. Not him though.

>>53767207
Cant' they ride those too?

>>53767257
I got mine today, flicked through it, nothing we didn't already know, no pictures we've not already scene.
>>
>>53767185
Thanks bro, much appreciated
>>
>>53767257
HOLY SHIT THERE'S A NEW EDITION OF WARHAMMER 40,0000 COMING
>>
>>53767250
I would always take the HWT now that split fire exists and defender removes models.
>>
>>53767206
GW stores with floorspace for 20+ tables. They are a rare thing nowadays, which is unfortunate because they were great once.
>>
The problem with basing everything on averages in a game like warhammer is that averages only really show over a long period of time. A melta or lascannon averages 3.5 damage per hit, however, it will NEVER actually roll a 3.5 because it's literally impossible. You can't even assume that the roll will be +/- 0.5 to expect a 3 or 4 because you are literally just as likely to land a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 every time you roll that damage (excluding weight issues).
>>
>>53767262
Cool, makes sense. Would you put any special weapons in an infantry squad lugging a heavy weapon around?
>>
>>53767236
I don't build my armies around WAACfags, anon.
Leadership screwjobs work on the vast majority of the armies in the game, which makes it a viable strategy. It's not the brainless strats that /tg/ likes, tho, so it's "bad".
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-06-11T18_57_24Z.jpg (903KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-06-11T18_57_24Z.jpg
903KB, 768x1024px
>>53767027
I have a feeling that you will not understand why you keep losing until you realise you never ran another swarmlord
>>
>>53767267
>>53767282
Well the one I'm talking about diving at is a tiny factory store.
>>
>>53767190
Meme is born from increased time spent on the board with no increase in effort on post quality.
>>
File: noship.jpg (63KB, 273x208px) Image search: [Google]
noship.jpg
63KB, 273x208px
>>53767192
>>don't need their flashy sci-fi submarine transport
I'm not sure I can physically agree with this statement, senpai.
>>
>>53767273
Source? :^)
>>
>>53767273
NO WAY
>>
>>53767267
>Cant' they ride those too?
Nope. in 8th, everyone is really anal about who they let ride in thier transports.

IG infantry squads can even ride in Taroux Primes.
>>
>>53767307

I agree. I want one for 30k so bad, but then fact that 30k uses 7th edition has literally killed my interest in playing HH.
>>
>>53767288
Plasma guns are 7 points now. I'd almost always take them.
>>
>>53767307
If you really want to field that dildo/fleshlight comination tool (for her and his pleasure) nobody is gonna stop you.
>>
>>53766985
Literally google "Raven Guard vs Tau box set"
>>
>>53767326
I feel, anon. I cannot imagine going back to 7th now. I've been playing this game since the late 90s and I don't ever remember enjoying a new edition change as much as 8th.
>>
Do units with passive AOE buffs to friendly <x infantry> units within x radius buff themselves? Space marine captains, etc.

I wasn't sure about it, but looking at the sheet for the meka dread makes me think yes because otherwise its KFF wouldn't buff itself, which would be stupid.
>>
>>53766491
Never popped up in 40k lore afaik. Just do it.
>>
>>53767373
>Do units with passive AOE buffs to friendly <x infantry> units within x radius buff themselves? Space marine captains, etc.
Do they have the appropriate keyword?

Read the rulebook
>>
>>53767373

If they are <x infantry> they do
>>
>>53767373
Yes they buff themselves unless stated otherwise.
>>
>>53767373
Yes, it's one of those rules clarified on the side of a page of the core rules.
>>
File: Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg (239KB, 827x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg
239KB, 827x1104px
>>53766820
Why do you think?
>>
>>53766986
Either way. Orks win, losing ~20* in the process

>for mathhammer I did not take Morale into consideration. If so CSM would have lost much sooner.

>** I also forgot to take Greentide into consideration as well. Either way Orks wreck CSMs.
>>
>>53767409

Needs bigger pauldrons / 10
>>
>>53767369
>>53767326
Totally agree. I can understand why they'd leave it though - those HH books are crazy expensive, it'd be a shame to render them defunct.

The thing that hurts most is not having ez 8th edition style rules for cool 30k shit you might want to port over. Will have to just homebrew rules for my thousand sons friend's Osiron contemptor.
>>53767346
No one could stop me, anon. No one could ever have stopped me.
>>
>>53767365
That doesn't give me the pdf or pictures of the company markings.
>>
>>53767404
>>53767397
>>53767392
>>53767390
Nice. Thanks.
>>
How come Scions have to throw away their lasgun for a vox caster while regular infantry can't? Is it because GW made their model not having a gun but instead holding their TEMPESTUS ISSUE ANGULAR TELEPHONE?
>>
>>53767373
>chaos lord with combi plasma, with a 2+, rerollable to hit
>dp with talons hitting on 2+re rollable with 8 attacks
Oh I know EXACTLY why I have this boner
>>
File: joker.jpg (68KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
68KB, 540x960px
This guy challenges you to battle and slaps your models.

What do you do?
>>
>>53767320
Not exactly. Scions can ride in Taurox Primes, but so can Ofixio Prefectus models, which is ostensibly commissars but if you make your detachment's regiment Ofixio Prefectus> then it should be legal.

By RAW.

I wouldn't try it myself since it opens up a massive can of worms due to the lack of restrictions about how many Heavy Weapons teams the vehicle can take (by RAW you can take 10, since the Taurox Prime doesn't have the restriction that the Taurox and Chimera do where an HWT takes up two slots).
>>
>>53767084
>Getting triggered over a dumb trump joke

Jeezus
>>
>>53767296
most retail stores don't want people going through their trash so they sometimes have locked trash, rip the books to pieces, smash up the other merchandise or ship it back to corporate in boxes
>>
>>53767498
Ask him what he's doing in my house.
>>
>>53767458
That might be some help to you as it at least seems to have the shoulder pad trim colours for the companies.
>>
>>53765402
My LGS manager has been complaining that he wants to get some, but people keep sucking them up immediately before he can get them. (He waits 2 days so any customer or hobbyist can get them if they want before he snatches them up)
>>
>>53767506
Yeah, but it's bringing pol shit into tg stuff. Dosent matter where you stand on trump, that shit is annoying
>>
>>53767520
I've helped the dude who runs it take out trash sometimes, only thing I really noticed he threw out was extra bits at the time. The trash isn't locked up and its kind of hidden behind the store so me and my buddies won't look too suspicious to onlookers.
>>
>>53767419
Would they beat a max squad of zerkers?
>>
>>53767502
>but if you make your detachment's regiment Ofixio Prefectus> then it should be legal.
No, you faggot, Wu Tang Clan doesn't work. GW already stated it's getting a day 1 FAQ among other things, why would you unironically suggest this to someone.
>>
>>53765368
Just take both in one army, there's no reason not to.
>>
File: 1494637200128.jpg (43KB, 659x570px) Image search: [Google]
1494637200128.jpg
43KB, 659x570px
Anyone else not take units in an army for fluff reasons, even if they're practically required for most builds?

I'm a big softy at heart.
>>
>>53767520
Back when Dreadfleet sank the rumour was they were sending staff members a few blocks away to dump stock in dumpsters that weren't theirs.
>>
>>53767552
The only one bringing /pol/ shit into /tg/ was the trumpkin fag who came into the thread to whine about that instead of just ignoring it.
>>
>>53767571
Not sure. Would need to remath it out.

Mine was just 20 CSMs with Chainswords + Pistols vs 30 Slugga Boyz.
>>
>>53765936
This is literally what I do because resin makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>At the end of your movement phase, this model can repair any friendly <Clan> Vehicle (Other than models that can Fly) within 3". That model regains 1 (d3 for Mek) wound(s) lost in the battle. A vehicle can only be repaired once each turn.

If a Mek or Big Mek is embarked in a vehicle can they repair it without disembarking? Specifically, would you classify a Mek and Big Mek's ability to repair vehicles as an aura ability, because by transport rules aura abilities do not function while embarked. I feel like the clarity here could be improved greatly by actually giving the abilities keywords, like aura, so I can know what the fuck I'm doing.
>>
>>53767608
>If a Mek or Big Mek is embarked in a vehicle can they repair it without disembarking?
No.
>>
>>53767489
Yes, that is exactly why.

You can give the guy a slung lasgun too on his backpack, but they didn't want to give everyone pistols rules wise, so this is what you get. Yay.
>>
>>53767589
Fluff and if I hate the models. I love competitive gaming, can't stand taking models *just* because they are good.

Spoiler: That's why I've not played since 5th
Also Spoiler: I don't know how to spoiler
>>
>>53766803
With all the core rules for the codexs being compressed into basically 5 books (Index: Imperium 1 and 2, Index: Xenos 1 and 2 and Index: Chaos), all those books are about as useful as fodder for a homeless persons oil barrel fire.
>>
>>53767293
Did you cry those salty tears for as long as it took you to make a terrible meme?
Hive Commander is fluffy and good.

Just because Orks and marines are awful don't hold onto another armies ankle while drowning in shit
>>
>>53767608
>If a Mek or Big Mek is embarked in a vehicle can they repair it without disembarking?
No
Models in a transport cant do anything.

Read the rules

The rules are very clear, you're just not reading them
>>
>>53767626
spoiler][/spoiler with closing brackets.
>>
>>53767631
Which is why if you can pick them up free or practically free they are great just for art and fluff.
>>
>>53767631
people just want the lore friend
>>
So until we actually get FW rules, I made up a 1000 point Mantis Warriors list to tide me over. I'd love any advice from a gameplay or lore standpoint.
Space Marine Patrol Detachment

HQ
+chaplain 093
-jump pack

Troops
+Tactical Marines 10x 170
-grav gun
-rocket launcher

+Scout Squad 5x 090
-sniper rile 5x
-camo cloak 5x

+Scout Squad x5 055
-Astartes Shotgun

Elites
+vanguard veterans 5x 110
-power sword 5x
-Jump packs

+Dreadnaught 133
-dreadnaught combat weapon
-assault cannon
-storm bolter

Heavy Support
+Stormraven 273
-twin Heavy Plasma Cannon
-twin heavy bolt
-stormstrike missle laucnher 2x
-Hurricane Bolter 2x

Dedicated Transport
+Rhino 074
-storm bolter 2x

Total 998
>>
>>53767589
i would like to add in Eldrad and some other characters to my eldar army but they're not Biel-Tan (for what it's worth since that craftworld is heavily damaged)
>>
>>53767638
Thanks
>>
>>53767619
Thank you. I'm sad that relegates most spanner upgrades to uselessness. I guess you could have a spanner in a footslogging burna squad alongside a unit of kanz, but there's never (to my mind) cause to swap a loota for a spanner. If they could repair the gunboat it'd be a different situation.
>>
>>53767626
This is how I feel about named characters. I will often refuse to play someone who brings a named special character, and almost definitely refuse to play people who bring more than one of them, unless they built the entire list around it as a fluffy thematic army.

Celestine is the only one I usually make an exception for since SoBs haven't had any other new releases in one billion years and she's basically necessary for their army to function.
>>
>>53767638
Alternatively Highlight+Ctrl+S
>>
>>53767639
>>53767644
Believe me I know, I still have my Imperial Guard codex from 4th/5th. But that doesn't change the fact that what I said is still true as far as rules monkeys are concerned.
>>
>>53767575
I like how you read right up to that and then ignored ge

The rest of the post where I point out that this is not actually a good idea because if you DO use it it causes really dumb shit to happen.

Please read posts in full before you sorry out. I KNOW Wu Tang Clan is idiotic, I was trying to prove why.
>>
>>53767589
I don't like vindicators and most flyers in my marines, and I hate almost all eldar walkers and heavy weapon infantry.
The Xiphos and Storm Eagle get a pass, tho, since I can go full Colonial Marines with a Storm Eagle.
>my most successful heavy bolter marine has been christened Vasquez for mowing down nids by the goddamn bucket sometimes singlehandedly, including a handful of MCs
>>
>>53767644
The 7th edition lore is mostly garbage, though.
>>
>>53767538
Thanks.
>>
File: 1377290268473.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377290268473.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
>he is still using points

This is now a power level game. The sooner you accept it, the better.
>>
>>53767694
Not all armies had shitty lore
>>
>>53767709
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>53767664
I consider that going to far, but I do think poorly of anyone who shows up with a yellow painted Calgar to lead his imperial fists successor chapter because he wants some special rule or something.
>>
>>53767715
Skitarii was good. I struggle to think of any other ones that were out of the Codexes I read.
>>
>>53767664
I play Ultramarines, goddammit, if I want a named character, I will bring one.
>>
>>53767692
You could have just not brought it up at all instead of trying to look smart, you stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>53767571
>>53767601
It's mutually ensured destruction. Whichever charges first wins.

>But 20 Zerkers are 340pts vs 160 pts for 30 Boyz.

>Funny enough is if the Zerkers mutli assault they stand pretty good for wiping two squads of Boyz (once per activition) dealing ~24ish casualties each time they're activated.
>>
>>53767726
I don't really think it's an issue, considering back when I started playing you straight up weren't allowed to field special characters without your opponent's permission and they could only be used in games with a certain minimum points cost. They should never have gotten rid of those rules.
>>
>>53766561
I know the discord you mean. It used to be cool but now it's full of SJWs and gay shit.
>>
>>53767664
What if I run an FW chapter and they don't even have a model? I want my fluff man
>>
>>53767746
And how does that help a new player when some sperg tries to pull it on him? People need to be aware of how NOT to play as much as they need to be aware of how TO play.
>>
>>53767201
Nogger put those fucking Vauls Wrath batteries away. What are you fucking doing. They are stupid over-costed. They literally cost 3x more than last edition.

Buy a Falcon with a Bright Lance (Heavy 2 with 3 damage on the pulse laser).

or a wave serpent with some stormies in it if you're doing ulthwe.
>>
File: 1478895336941.jpg (33KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478895336941.jpg
33KB, 392x500px
>>53767722
>Go back to /pol/
How is that even a pol comment??? You need to try harder.
>>
>>53767664
You sound like a delight at parties
>>
>>53767789
There should be a /tg/ defcon
>>
>>53766293
Why dont you point out whats wrong first?
>>
>>53767157
I have this strange aversion to people who talk constantly in a nasally voice but don't say anything worth hearing.
>>
File: Dark Angels (108).jpg (248KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels (108).jpg
248KB, 800x1200px
>Space Wolves were the Emperor's executioners

Lore aside, I've always thought just aestheticaly the DAngels always looked a lot more like executioners.
>>
>>53767774
I just think it's really fucking tiring and unfluffy to go up against a full-on named Chapter Master in every single 1500 point game. People should be encouraged to make their own characters. I'm already sick to death of "Guilliman Edition: Starring Roboute Guilliman, Written and Directed by Roboute Guilliman, Produced by Roboute Guilliman, featuring every fucking space marine player and their mother".

Same thing with Chaosfags and Abaddon, or Tyranid players and the fucking Swarmlord.
>>
>>53767759
You sound like the kind of faggot who claims FW still requires permission

I'm sorry if someone's 5++ space shark warlord or salamanders dreadnought HQ triggers you

The problem is and always has been GWs shitty rules and power gamers. There's nothing wrong with named characters. Generic HQs are just named characters that didn't get their own model yet. You think the 3rd company ultramarine captain is any less important or named than Cato sicarius? The RG named character IS from 3rd company. The shit is arbitrary as fuck as to who gets named. Generic HQs are fucking boring. Play any 8E Necron army and see. Id rather they had those 8+ named ICs than fight unnamed scythe overlord #399532829
>>
>>53767498
Take his phone and delete his social media accounts
>>
>>53767832
Dark angels only stick their swords in other dark angels, the wolves were the ones that would go after other legions.
>>
Am I correct to assume that replenishing gaunt units with the tervigon is free? I only have to pay to make new units right? I feel like replenishing is the same as necron WBB reanimating, so it should be fine, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>53767873
You are correct.
>>
>>53767873
You are correct. Replenishing an existing unit is free.
>>
>>53767832
Space Wolves being executioners is only a meme created by themselves anyway. The marines of the lost primarchs were absorbed by the Ultramarines Legion, so the SW didn't have to do anything with those at all.
And what execution business the SW had to do, they mostly failed :

>Teaching the World Eaters a lesson on how nails are bad completely failed (and wasn't even sanctioned by the Emps anyway)
>Failed to put the TS in shackles and escort them back to Terra as they were told to do
>Also failed wiping out the TS as Horus told them to
>Leman's YOLO attempt to 1v1 Horus (and like half the traitor legions protecting him) also failed, meaning the SW were decimated and no longer able to help defend Terra against the real assault
>>
>>53766949
1 hellounds.
Also, pay for the equip of the tempestus, and you have to equip well the tauroxes
>>
>>53767012
>>53767020
>>53767029
Lets do both scenarios.

Ork boyz don't get the difference in points.

I want to see how effective Ork boyz are compared to CSM while being lower cost.
>>
>>53767853
>Generic HQs are fucking boring. Play any 8E Necron army and see.
That's not a problem with generic characters, it's a problem with Necrons. Crons are and have always been boring.

>Id rather they had those 8+ named ICs than fight unnamed scythe overlord #399532829
They're not supposed to be unnamed, the player is supposed to come up with their own fluff and story and background for Their Dudes.

I want games with my opponent to be creating interesting new fluff not rehashing battle #3564745542345 between Abaddon, that one fucking guy out of the entire galaxy of quadrillions of people and tens of thousands of Chaos warbands, and Roboute Guilliman, who apparently by this point has fought Abaddon dozens of times and they've both killed each other on a silly number of occasions but are still here and fighting now I guess because it's not like there are 8 million other planets engaged in massive wars between the Imperium and Chaos.
>>
>>53767759
Well old newfag there was a change where named IC were more expensive and have special rules that unnamed did for cheaper. Now that they do something and are worth the pricetag there's complaining. Reboot got nerfed anyway
>>
>>53765402
filling an fa slot in a brigade with a decent gun platform for 50ish points
>>
>>53767935

Taurox are fully equipped, tempestors 10m teams are vanilla (1pt for HS lasgun) to take full advantage of rank fire. Ther 5m teams and command take special weapons.

Dropping hellound means losing 6 command points.
>>
>>53767419
So it doesn't even matter that CSM's have the better saves. They just get royally fucked.

How is that balanced? Why the fuck are Marines such shit?
>>
>>53767964
Because they have guns and the Orks are melee race.
>>
>>53767956
One tempstor lik that should be 41-43 points
I see no autocannons/volley

put a sentinel in place of an hound, cut some squad
>>
>>53767964

Maybe because CSM can take a couple rounds of shooting before reaching melee without being decimated?
>>
>>53767926
>>Leman's YOLO attempt to 1v1 Horus (and like half the traitor legions protecting him) also failed, meaning the SW were decimated and no longer able to help defend Terra against the real assault

I didn't even knew this one.
Russ is hilariously stiupid lol
>>
>>53767991
primes replace gun with rod, rod is 0pt

forgot to list volley, they are paid for.
>>
>>53767850
This.

I play Guard and I deliberately avoid using Heirlooms and Characters in my lists when I can. I used to think of it as running a generic 'tank ace' since as good as Pask is, he's only human, and there must by statistical certainty be at least a hundred tankers just as good as him somewhere in the galaxy.

Nowadays I like the idea of the Guard as an 'army of no heroes.' A hero is no stronger, braver, or faster than an ordinary man. He just happens to be the right man in the wrong place.

After all, everyone remembers when Magnus got oneshot in a game vs swolves. But I'll always remember the nameless veteran guardsman team who killed the Shard of the Deciever in one shooting phase.

The galaxy is a big place. Male your own stories. Make your own heroes.
>>
>>53767944
>you should write your own fluff and home brew

Might as well demand nobody use any official lore or color schemes while you're at it, why stop at just HQs
>>
>>53768029
There's a fuckhuge difference between your army being one part of a big established group or faction, and your army containing the same specific individual guy written by someone else.
>>
>>53768016
>A hero is no stronger, braver, or faster than an ordinary man
Fun fact: The original definition of heroism was a high amount of martial prowess. You didn't have to help or save anyone, not even be a good person. An act of heroism was kill a bunch of people in a battle.
>>
>>53768048

Ever heard of refluffing?

Take a named character, change his name, change its color scheme, play it in your own homebrew chapter. As long as your list is fully legal pre-refluffing, works like a charm.
>>
>>53768048
But if you use a character you made yourself every game, it's exactly like using a special character every game. The only difference is that one is created by yourself, the other by somebody else.

It just seems a little arbitrary to ban one but not the other.
>>
The part that pisses me off about you autistic whining about heroes is your hypocrisy. Imagine if people demanded you to use named characters or set fluff because they were tired of seeing so many shitty homebrews. And there is a lot of them. I haven't seen a single good homebrew I was interested in yet out of the hundreds posted on /tg/. But I don't complain about them. I don't bitch and whine. I let them do their thing because they obviously enjoy that. I don't.

So why the fuck do you think anyone should give a shit about what you like regarding THEIR army? You don't see me telling you to not use your shitty cringey custom fluff.
>>
Another problem with named characters is balance. Either they have to be way toned down from the fluff, so that on the tabletop they don't represent the legendary figure they're supposed to be and they job to a bunch of rando no-name enemies which is lame and feels unfun for the person using them, or they are ridiculously overpowered which is lame and unfun for the person not using special characters, so to compete the other side decides to use special characters, and then the narrative of the game has been spoiled from "your dudes" to "versus match autism" with HAHA ELDRAD IS BETTER THAN MAGNUS LOL or some stupid shit like that with people wanking bad lore instead of making a new story.
>>
>>53768085
I tend to be more okay with that if people actually convert the model.
>>
>>53767964
It's easier for CSM to exploit cover, because of smaller squad size
It's easier for CSM to move an effective unit in a transport, 10 CSM in a rhino beat 12 boyz in a trukk
CSM move faster by 1"
CSM get to shoot from farther range than shoota boyz, much longer than slugga boyz.
CSM can bring long range heavy weapons so they can do something useful when camping objectives.

Boyz win in close combat. CSM win at basically everything else.
>>
>>53767926
>Teaching the World Eaters a lesson on how nails are bad completely failed

In that fight the World Eaters took less casualties than the Space Wolves.

>The legion who lost Chapters worth of Marines on a daily basis.
>>
>>53767992
Yes, but you can fit more boyz in. I think you get 43 for every 20 marines and when those boyz get into combat (after their own shooting mind you) the csms are done, or so says anon.

>>53767984
Which leads me to my second question. Is it better to just take bolter marines against orks or kit them out for cc?
>>
>>53768016
>A hero is no stronger, braver, or faster than an ordinary man.
Tell that to Yarrick
>>
>>53768102
>>53768122
You've sperged so hard we don't know who you're replying to, anon.
>>
>>53768161
>Is it better to just take bolter marines against orks
Yes, 100%. You won't outperform boyz in melee. No one can. Not even genestealers.
>>
>>53768166
>>53768166
>>53768166
NEW
>>
>>53768164
Yarrick isn't human anymore. He gets a pass.
>>
>>53768142
I would like to see a good battle report against csm and orks. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong in my head and just need it showed to me.
>>
>>53768169
Those are two different anons, read their posts, they're arguing on opposite sides.
>>
>>53768175
we're not even page 10.
>>
>>53767992
30 Boyz + Da Jump + 'ere We Go / 1 Command Point = no slogging required
>>
>>53765689
I think the new Malanthrope is fine; it doesn't really compete with the venomthropes imho.

Venomthropes are for cheap, three cost less than 100 points, and they affect entire units, albeit only infantry.

Malanthrope is more durably since it is a character, bu only shrouds models, so with 3" range you won't really be using them to protect your gaunts anyway. However, it's also significantly more expensive, probably about twice as much. I for one ain't paying that price, especially since it won't be able to reach all my gaunts.

Venomthropes seem good for large swarms of gaunts and gargoyles or tons of warriors. Malanthropes seem like they would be quite at home in a pure nidzilla environment, making the monsters more durable, and the "character" keyword makes it harder to kill, since with nidzilla you won't have gaunts or other gribblies to screen your big dudes.
>>
>>53768192
And NEITHER of them were replying to anyone in particular. My point stands.
>>
>>53768175
No.
It's cancerous.
>>
File: KhorneBerserkerCharge(1).jpg (213KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
KhorneBerserkerCharge(1).jpg
213KB, 564x800px
What is the best Daemon Engine for a World Eaters army? The Maulerfind has piss-poor offensive power but is very fast and tough, while Helbrutes fare better in combat but they're complete glass cannons (only 8W and M8" vs maulerfiends M10" W12 heals one per turn, but only A4 WS4+ and degrades).

Defilers just suck. Expensive, innacurate, relatively slow and only 3 attacks. Then you have Heldrakes which are quite neat but don't have any real anti-vehicle options.
>>
>>53768238
Heldrake is my vote, if only for its incredible melee threat range.
>>
>>53768187
He is human, or do you mean the bionics? He was still a bad ass as a regular dude.
>>
>>53768317
Also looks super cool.

I like brass scorpions myself. If only they weren't so pricey.
>>
File: holyfck.jpg (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
holyfck.jpg
28KB, 512x384px
>>53766326
>2000 points are the new standard
>you can fit exactly 666 conscripts into 2000 points
>666, no more, no less
>mfw
GW belongs to satan confirmed.
All hail our new Overlord.
>>
File: latest.png (954KB, 822x662px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
954KB, 822x662px
>>53768342
>>53768317
I'm absolutely in love with them, but they're LoW so I'd restrict them to Apocalypse or very high point games.

Also if I just pick Heldrakes then what would be my anti-vehicle?
>>
File: tech preist.gif (230KB, 506x505px) Image search: [Google]
tech preist.gif
230KB, 506x505px
>>53764949
I DISAGREE
>>
File: YVahra911.png (632KB, 700x626px) Image search: [Google]
YVahra911.png
632KB, 700x626px
>>53764833
>>
>>53768340
It's implied (but not confirmed) that his fearsome reputation amongst Orks has caused the Orks' passive Warp abilities to...change him, somehow.

He's far older than any Juvenat treatment should be able to keep a human alive. He's taken wounds that would (and have) killed Space Marines. And yet he still lives, and he still fights, and he still hates Orks with an inhuman passion.

Orks believe that Yarrick cannot be killed. That there will always be a Yarrick, to remind even the strongest and 'ardest of Orks that THEY can be killed. And so there is. And Sebastian Yarrick the human doesn't have much day in the matter.

If Gork and Mork are their gods, The Old Man from Armageddon is their devil.
>>
File: bloodslaughterer.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
bloodslaughterer.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>53768422
There's also the blood slaughters
>>
>>53768442
>Lord Scoria, bane of Herohammer dicks, bringer of Holy Salt.
>Tech preist
Absolutely Heretekal.
>>
>>53768422
Heldrakes aren't bad at anti-vehicle. They lack damage but make for it by tying up ground vehicles and do surprising damage to flying ones with the +1 to hit. Otherwise just grab a lascannon pred.
>>
>>53767722
the underage board is >>>/b/ anon, last I checked /pol/ can at least legally vote
>>
File: whyyyyyy.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
whyyyyyy.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>53767589
Fucking Dreadknights.
I mean, i get that it makes sense to have a giant ass robot when you need to fight a goddamn Bloodthirster in CC.
But FUCK. ITS SO GODDAMN HIDEOUS.
>tfw I don't own a single one
>had to endure all of 7th getting rekt by any player that wasn't a complete retard about how to play with his army because I didn't field 3 Dreadknights every game all the time
Please tell me Grey Knights will finally be viable without these shits. Pretty please.
>>
>>53768759
>he didn't do the easy as fuck but totally sweet conversion using a dreadnought sarcophagus which fixes 99% of the things wrong with it

point at him anons, point at him and laugh
>>
>>53768816
Easy now, anon. Not everyone kitbashes. His local GW might be a gestapo-tier place that allows no conversions of any kind.
>>
>>53765180
they can take them in 8e.
>>
File: sdfasgfgafsdg.jpg (78KB, 230x519px) Image search: [Google]
sdfasgfgafsdg.jpg
78KB, 230x519px
>>53764833
mfw it dawns on me that guard is top tier
>>
>>53768816
Naw Bro, I just think the "classic Dreadnought conversion" looks like literal shit. Hiding the pilot doesn't save the model. It's not just the Baby Carrier, but also that it's general outline looks like it would fit much better into an admech army or some kind of GSC construction mech. Allthewhile, it still lacks any sense of aesthetic proportions, especially with the dread chassis. Dreads look great cause they're stubby and wide.The proportions are fitting. Dreadknights with Dread chassis look crap cause the arms and legs are way to long for the body.
>>
>>53768956
Maybe you could convert the new Primaris Dreadnought.
>>
>>53768759
Well every Grey Knight squad can manifest "Smite" now, and unlike rubric marines you dont get a nerfed version. So basically your entire army gets to throw out mortal wounds in addition to whatever it is grey knights normally do. Nemesis Force Swords are power swords but they do D3 damage. Points cost wise including gear a Strike Squad costs as much as Plague Marines, but I'd say the lack of T5 and Disgustingly Resillient is easily worth it for Storm Bolters and Force Swords. Overall i think Grey Knights look like a pretty fucking powerful melee army, since their "Paladin Ancients" give all infantry nearby +1 attack and all their force weapons are basically better power weapons for cheaper + having psychic powers on everything lets you deal with high armor shit.
>>
>>53768970
They main problem is that the proportions are kinda messed up, no matter which dread you use.
And if you get the proportions right, you'll end up with whats essentially a big Terminator, which I don't really find all to appealing.
Honestly, I'm just glad I can finally field my Land Raider and Dreadnoughts again without being oneshotted by Gravcannons on Turn 1.
>>
>>53764966
>SOB got nerfed
>Cheapest melta in the game
>Stormbolters got buffed

BWHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>In Matched Play you cant use the same power twice a turn in the same army unless its Smite
>All high psyker lists will just be smite spam
Couldn't they have given us some primaris powers or something you could use more than once a turn? Also can you have a squad use a power that someone else tried to manifest but failed?
>>
>>53768872
Pretty sure there are no GWs that can ban kitbashing as long as you're using GW bits.

>>53768956
Fair enough, what about converting the Custodian contemptor on a fancy scenic base to approximate the right height
>>
>>53769026
Im just glad that most of our stuff finally looks viable, and it's not just "3 dreadknights or gtfo" anymore. Even if we do turn out to be the 8th edition version of 7th ed orks, I'll still be happy.
I do agree, though, grey knights look like they'll be doing pretty well in 8th.
>>
>>53769026
grey knights' smite has a 12" range and only does 1 wound, or 3 vs daemons.
>>
File: Ihazhat.png (143KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ihazhat.png
143KB, 1000x1000px
>>53769079

Damn. I never even thought about that.
Totally forgot those things even existed. Thank you, anon. Thank you. I hope you have a wonderful day.
>>
>>53769098
Oh shit.
>>53769089
I don't know, i just think the free force swords on everything looks powerful. I play Daemons, not GK.
>>
File: bitch what the fuck.png (248KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
bitch what the fuck.png
248KB, 540x300px
>>53767709
With the actual points being so shittly designed, I've actually agree with that.
Feels dickish to be able to shove heavy weapons for free into a squad.
>6 point squad, 3 krak-launchers, 1 ML
it seems too good
>>53767722
Are you like retarded or something
where did the nazi's touch you?
god the more the reflexive POL IS HERE, POL IS HERE fags show up the more i dislike the /pol/tards less.
>>
>>53769129
<3 too anon.
FWIW a regular contemptor is about 1.5 inches shorter than a dreadknight.
I was going to do a fancy scenic base covered in dead daemons and have it standing on a crumbled altar to make it the appropriate height, but then I realised I already have 2 normal dreadknights and a definite lack of storage space for new shit.
>>
>>53764966

Sisters didn't, they're not top tier but at least half their shit is usable again.
>>
>>53768930
My brother.
>guard in cover can take hits
>i get fucking armour saves on my vets.
>grenade launchers are useful.
>heavy flamers are useful on chimeras
>aggressive chimera use is solid
>vanquishers are weak
everything i know is wrong
>>
>>53769375
>Vanquishers are weak
But they've always been shit.
>>
>>53769375
have you had a match yet brother? have you tried conscripts with commissar and priest rushing forward, meanwhile basilisk pound big nasties to dust?
>>
>>53769215
When someone says PP are better than an actual point system they're either retarded or trolling from /pol/
>>
>>53767078
So....charging from around corners is 100% safe from overwatch?
>>
Pink Horrors are 10 points for 2 strength 3 ap nothing shots, with a 1 in 3 chance to do a basic smite each turn. Why the fuck would you ever take these? Ever? Guardsmen are about as good in 90% of situations and thanks to orders are BETTER most of the time and those are FOUR FUCKING POINTS A MODEL.
>>
>>53769652

You have to be able to see a unit to charge is.

Basically if you can charge it, they can overwatch.

Unless you're doing that bullshit chain stuff that results in dragging units into combat.
>>
>>53769665

They seem to think you wanna pay 10 points per model then pay seperately for two blues and two brimstones too.

Orrrrrrrrr you could take a 20 point troop unit with a 4++ ten wounds and a 1 in 3 chance of a little blast attack.
>>
>>53769710
As far as I can see you don't need LoS to declare a charge anymore.
>>
>>53769958
>>53769958
>>
>>53768342
Brass Scorpion has rules out?
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.