[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 654
Thread images: 88

File: 40k gen.jpg (281KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
40k gen.jpg
281KB, 1000x693px
I love genestealer "girl" anon, edition.

Previous thread:
>>53748345

Daily Dancan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkroHwQYpFE

>Leaks:
https://mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-ynnari/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/white-dwarf-preview/

>Latest GW teases:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
I live for the swarm!
>>
File: Me gob when.jpg (69KB, 405x401px) Image search: [Google]
Me gob when.jpg
69KB, 405x401px
>Astra Orrukz
>>
File: AM9-1-737x1024.jpg (120KB, 737x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AM9-1-737x1024.jpg
120KB, 737x1024px
I'm sorry if i'm being stupid but i just can't find an explanation to this. What does the Strength value of +2 mean for the tazer goad on the infiltrator? That they would on a 2+? I'm fresh into warhammer and i have no clue what the hell +2 is supposed to mean.
>>
So, with the new rules making it half useful.

Plasma pistol and power fist on an aspiring champion, good idea?
>>
>>53751603
>I love genestealer "girl" anon
turboslut is love, turboslut is life
>>
>>53751683

It means you add 2 to their strength of a 4 when fighting in close combat so when they attack in CC they are effectively S6.
>>
>>53751683

Strength of the model +2, so S6
>>
>>53751691
Plas pistol on anything is acceptable now

Fist if fighting within the presense of a Dark Apostle
>>
>>53751603
>I love genestealer "girl" anon, edition.
No quotes needed, she's definitely a girl
>>
reposting list.
Now with detachments.
>>
>>53751603
>>53751729
>>53751701

Damnit. I missed something good didn't i?
>>
>>53751729
>has a dick
>definitely a girl
How many layers of social justice are you on, anon?
>>
>>53751729
Sauce
>>
>>53751751
She doesn't have a dick, dude. I understand if you're into traps but you don't need to project that fetish onto every single camwhore. There's a slaaneshi trap anon who posts in the generals if that's you're thing. GSCB is an androgynous chick.
>>
>Constant grass-is-greener syndrome

why live lads
>>
Is it odd if you never had a lot of Boyz in the previous editions and don't feel extremely compelled to get anymore in the current edition?
>>
>>53751780

Well Orks are greenest, so do those.
>>
File: memestealer.jpg (105KB, 600x593px)
memestealer.jpg
105KB, 600x593px
>>53751777
TRIPS
OF
TRUTH
>>
>>53751719
10 man squad in a rhino
melta
plasma pistol
champion with plasma pistol and fist

Their job is to smash up but targets. I guess a plasma pistol and lightning claw could be better?
>>
>>53751777
I was in the same thread you were bud, "she" didn't post a single picture that proved she was a biological female. But by all means, keep jerking it to random dudes on the internet. You're not hurting anyone
>>
>>53751797

But I don't wanna play a horde army. Especially not one as hard to paint as Orks.
>>
GUYS, I NEED TO KNOW

What army does cheeta anon play?!
>>
>>53751741
You did, but it was weeks ago now. It just keeps resonating through the thread until present day because partially it really was that good and partially because we really are that thirsty.

>>53751777
I think they might be mixing it up with the Slaaneshi Cultist "girl"
>>
Let's talk good changes:

>flash gitz get 4+ saves
>conscripts can't get issued orders, possibly suffer more penalties when using commissar
>Rangers should get -1AP and maybe some pseudo-sniper stuff (can target character?)
>enginseers should repair all imperial vehicles
>Ruststalkers oughta get some AP or some shit, throw them a bone
>make most PAGK 2 attacks, at least the fucking purifiers
>hilariously (fuck you 90% of chaosfags) make obliterators like they were (pick a gun, powerfist)
>it wouldn't hurt to give assault cannons rend (6 gets AP-4) again
>give khorne more weapons to choose from
>take away 4++ on brimstone horrors
>throw beasts of nurgle an AP-1 bone too

And as an idea I personally like, some ex-blast guns (demolisher cannons, battle cannons and the like) should remain D3/6 for shots buuuuut hit automatically after that. Can't be shot in overwatch probably though.

You lads got any ideas? Imo these all seem like solid changes
>>
>>53751827
Can we not turn this thread into jacking off wannabe e-celebs?
>>
>>53751827
None because he's a shitposting poorfag.
>>
>>53751780
your army can't be good at everything... unless you're part of the imperium in which case you can take anything you want.
>>
>>53751816

Put those 'Nobz in a 'naught and find a good scheme.
>>
>>53751783
I have 60 boyz, I don't plan on getting anymore.

I enjoy Kult of Speed more. So if I'm taking boyz they're going to be in trukks or battlewagons.
>>
Be honest.

Any space marine players thinking of adding 500 points of conscripts just to act as meat shields?
>>
>>53751893

Marines Malevolent posters, you get on this strategy or I don't truly believe that you believe in your own shitposting.
>>
>>53751893
If you paint them as Black Templars it's even flavorful!
>>
>>53751831

Oh, I thought the whore had finally done as she said she would and posted nudes after seeing the leaks.
>>
>>53751603
Will genestealer girl be added to OP's pic?
>>
>>53751683
Piggybacking off this anon's post, is there a "right" way to build Infiltrators and Ruststalkers in 8th?
>>
What do the Eldar aspect warriors look like in the new edition?

I remember howling banshees were shit in 6E and 7E but that was only because they couldn't assault out of vehicles which has been fixed.
>>
>>53751847
Biovores cannot fire overwatch but do not need vision of the target to shoot (seriously they're fucking broken on overwatch).

Added to the airborne ability: Cannot be targeted by shooting weapons with a range of 12" or less.
>>
>>53751893
thinking of it, would work well with salamanders.
>>
>>53751893

No not really, why would I tarnish my army with unwashed hordes?
>>
>>53751893
No, that's gay.

The only army beside AM I'd be cool with using conscripts is well-converted Admech, and it's gotta be damn well done. Or they just spend 500 dollarydoos on tech-thralls.

Though I think conscripts kinda suck in bigger games, a lone knight and some snipers can plink off the characters and then morale-away the rest
>>
>>53751927
Not to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure if that went down at some point, it wouldn't go unnoticed.
Would not mind seeing more of the other one too.
>>
>>53751944

Almost universally shit. Banshee didn't get better either.
>>
>>53751868

I'm still hoping Grotnaut is canon.

Also, anyone know if pirate Orks have a lot of walkers?

I remember reading that among the various individuals one can find in a Freeboota warband, Big Meks and Pain Boyz obsessed solely with creating Deff Dreads can be found, along with Boyz who follow Khorne and various other oddities.
>>
>>53751946
Ooooh, I like that airborne change. It'd certainly cut down on a lot of silly shit like flamers and grenades
>>
>>53751962

I refuse to believe Phil Kelly would allow this.
>>
>>53751930
>tfw no good art about female hybrids
>>
>>53751960
It's actually way harder than you think.
Even if you do kill the commissars, which is also hard.
Conscripts were buffed in almost every way possible.
>>
>>53751847
Considering the powerfist isn't "free" anymore, it's actually a good thing they lost it.
It would just be an extra 20ppm on an already expensive unit.

How about this.
>increase their cost to 85ppm
>fleshmetal guns are assault d6 S4+d6 AP-d6 Dd6
>roll four dice and assign one to each of the above stats
>>
>>53751994
I had an idea of making a Magus conversion that was a genestealer hybrid loli based on the psychic girl from Stranger Things
>>
>the list building website only has Ultramarine characters available
What the fuck?
>>
>>53751946
>Added to the airborne ability: Cannot be targeted by shooting weapons with a range of 12" or less.
Alternative: all weapon subtract 6" to their range when targeting airborne models.
>>
>>53751994

oh lord that is hideous.
>>
>>53752023

It's still being updated for 8th ed. Most ARMIES aren't even on it yet.
>>
File: chaos.png (670KB, 642x635px)
chaos.png
670KB, 642x635px
>>53751994
>any one of them will let you fuck and impregnate them
>but they'll give you space aids
Will Slaanesh save me from my bad choices if I do it?
>>
>>53752025
So flamers and grappling tongues and tentacles and pistols can still shoot them? Nah, the 12" restriction is better.
>>
File: 1493973933597.png (1MB, 900x1200px)
1493973933597.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>>53751752
>>
File: Techno_Barbarian.jpg (323KB, 494x780px)
Techno_Barbarian.jpg
323KB, 494x780px
>Chosen champion can take items from the combi weapons list
>up to four more chosen can take items from the combi weapons list
>Combi bolters cost 2pts, bringing the grand total for 5 of them to 90 pts,or 170 with 5 more goons stock
>At 12 inches they can fire between 40-60 shots, depending on how many you take

Is there ever a reason to do this? I guess a couple of MSUs running around could be fun

God(s) I hope Iron Warriors get some sort of volume of fire buff to their small arms shooting to make dakka vomit real
>>
>>53752048

Wrong got to pray
>>
>>53752048
Fucking genestealers doesn't give you space AIDS. If you get infected with the Genestealer virus you become stronger, faster, healthier and more attractive. Literally canon.
>>
>>53752025
>short range weapons can still hit.
>requires mid game calculation, instead of simple yes/no
>fucks over intended AA weapons too by making it hard for them to get a shot off at the airplane turn one.
>>
>>53752083
Like that one man with Ebola?
>>
>>53752054

Only if they are basically undeneath.

On the other hand every weapon loses some range due to the altitude, increasing durability.
>>
File: IMG_1468.jpg (54KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1468.jpg
54KB, 720x404px
>>53751985
He didn't, banshees are kickass. I'm happy because shining spears are insanely awesome, and the other aspect warriors are good as well.

>Dire Avengers still a come-all workhorse
>banshees are the shit at killing light infantry and stopping CQC units
>scorpions are awesome at hunting GEQs and piling tons of wounds out of nowhere
>Fire Dragons are still the best suicide bombers this side of Iraq
>swooping hawks earn the same as 7th, a resounding 'meh'
>Warp Spiders are good. No longer totally broken, but good.
>spears are fuuuckong aweeeesommmme uuuuhb muuuh diiiikck yaaaass kill MCs and shit slaaaaayy
>reapers are still everyone's favorite 'delet this' button
>And who cares about planedudes.

They're waaay awesome, especially with transports. I'm so happy to start a non-Waac Jetbikes army
>>
>>53752092

AA would be unaffected.
How hard is to subtract 6 from a number?
>>
File: ygVqQ.gif (669KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
ygVqQ.gif
669KB, 500x209px
>>53752021
do it
>>
>>53752106
Well, wait.

Are... are we sure that was Ebola?
>>
>>53752110
>mfw I built an 1-per units (2 the avengers) aspect army in 7th
>need couple of transports more and is done
>>
File: poe-hair.jpg (26KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
poe-hair.jpg
26KB, 650x300px
>>53752012
>Conscripts were buffed in almost every way possible.

Are conscripts the best unit in the game?
>>
>>53752108
That's unnecessary.
>>
>>53752110

Swooping hawks used to alright with their big blast grenades.
>>
>>53752131
Lynch's Dune was atrocity, but Alia is love.
>>
>>53752144
Yes, currently
>>
>>53751963

Ork Pirates can have whatever you want. Pirates don't have rules, idiot.
>>
>>53752017
I'd be okay with that.

I just liked the idea of picking a gun each turn based off of needs, I see no issue with giving them:

>Autocannon
>heavy flamer
>missile launcher
>multimelta
>lascannon

And letting them choose one each turn. That way they've got variable usage and can present a threat in, say, overwatch with flamers. I dunno, I just like obliterators in particular, and I hate IW
>>
>>53752144
If you stack buffs, they're the most cost effective unit in the game.

A 'buff block' putting out 400 shots for 350 points, that's more shots than points.
>>
How do I politely tell my friend his army is fucking trash?
He refuses to diversify his troops. He "doesn't believe" in fast attack, and thinks elites always have superiority to heavy assault. Hes getting his ass beat and I feel bad but he won't listen to any reasonable suggestions I give him.
>>
>>53752175
The idea of the four d6 is to make them random but flexible.
Put the highest number dice in the stat you need, strength for high toughness things, ap for 2+ saves or shots for hordes and so on and so forth.

And then one day you make roll a jackpot and get 6 s10 ap-6 d6 shots and blow a titan away.
>>
>>53752144

Also can be buffed to 1A per point with straken + priest
>>
>>53752165

>Pirates don't have rules,

Corsairs do, and they seem kind of limited in what they could take the last time I looked.

Kind of odd really.

I think Ynnari actually make better Corsairs than actual Corsairs did.
>>
>>53752212
What army.
>>
Question about the new Quantum Shielding, does it work against Mortal Wounds? The wording on QS says "Each time this models suffer an unsaved wound", does a Mortal Wound count as an unsaved wound, or an unsaveable wound? Just want some opinions on this.
>>
Gonna put Vulkan in a land raider redeemer with some company vets for maximum buff usage
>>
>>53752221

I'd like to see what Forge World does with Corsairs now.

>>53752230

Is it explicitly a save? If not, it's a replacement effect like FnP, and will effect any wound.
>>
>>53752228
AM. I play CSM.
>>
>>53752212
I mean, does he care that he's getting his was beat? If he's having fun with his garbage army then good for him.
>>
>tfw every army you wanna play is either too hard to paint or too expensive to collect

I have 1000pts of Thousand Sons but there's no real changing up with them.
>>
How much influence does Ordo Malleus have on The Grey Knights? Obviously, GK's are their Chamber Militant, but they're also a SM Chapter, so they must have a level of autonomy. How much pull does someone like Hector Rex have over their Chapter Master? Where would he rank in the command structure, what is the highest rank that has to submit to his authority, etc.
>>
>>53752246

Admech or IG?
>>
>>53752110
Going modify most if not all of this.

>Dire avengers
got a massive point increase. Might still be good, but that point cost.
>banshees
actually changed a lot. Now fragile to overwatch again, but 8" move and assaulting out of serpent means they get up faster/safer.
Even better at responding to and blunting enemy charges rather than moving ahead of the army for the initial strike. Always striking first and -1 to hit.
>scorps
I've got a lot to say about them moving on.
>Fire Dragons
Less able to just auto explode any vehicle, but much better generalist.
>swooping hawks.
auto enter turn 1, which is big, and now get an additional shot at 12" range.
Also, sunrifle got a massive buff by changing of rules.
>spears.
agree.
>reapers
Changes are subtlier but neat. No longer remove all MEQ saves, but extra damage and AP rule makes them better against bikes and termies.
Split fire and new tempest laucher seem sweat.
Much better at antiflier.
Will still sit in ruins, but now for 2+ save rather cover save.

>plane dude.
much worse at anti-flier. Exarch running starcannon seems cool.
>>
>>53752239

>I'd like to see what Forge World does with Corsairs now.

What was ideal about Corsairs before?

I know the Dred Mob has walkers, the Siege Vanguard had dreadnoughts and centurions, but what did the Corsairs list have that made them unique?
>>
Alright so I have about 500$ prepped to start a Chaos Daemons army. What's a good way to start? I'm primarily focusing on Khorne and Nurgle and was thinking of just loading up with 4 or so SC sets and then a Bloodthirster or Unclean One. Is there a better way to start or do the SC kits come with some useless shit I wouldn't need?
>>
>>53752216
That's not how obliterators work anon. You're thinking of the Ork gun.
>>
>>53751847
>Rangers should get -1AP and maybe some pseudo-sniper stuff (can target character?)
Maybe can target characters at -1 to hit? Would also make ironstriders good again.
>it wouldn't hurt to give assault cannons rend (6 gets AP-4) again
God, no. Miniguns shouldn't be anti-tank weapons and we really don't need rending at all, since what it did (get around the all-or-nothing nature of AP) is covered by the new AP system.

I would add:
Fix blitza bommer and burna bomma so that the burna is actually better against infantry. Probably by changing boom bomb to max out at 5-6 dice (but maybe get the same bonus against monsters as vehicles) and removing the cap on the burna bomb (also nerfs hordes a little). Remove text from burna bomb about infantry; it shouldn't be worse against swarms, cavalry, etc.
Traktor kannon should have better chance of grabbing things with FLY. It's out-performed as an anti-air gun by KMK at the moment.
Skorcha wartrakks should have the explode rule (or better yet, fiery demise like the burna bomma).
'eadbanger shouldn't be restricted to closest unit. Neither should smite, probably.
Eldar rangers need a serious buff. Heavy 2 guns maybe?
Make rolls of 6 to hit automatically succeed despite modifiers.
>>
>>53752277
They had quite a few unique units. Tons of special weapons per squad, everyone had a jet pack. They were also bar none the most maneuverable army in the game.
>>
>>53752212
>>53752228

The army is definitely important. For some factions, fast-attack isn't really necessary. For some factions, elite choices ARE better than heavy-support.

Can you further explain what you mean when you say 'diversify troops choices'?

I would say that you should try to give friendly advice. Ask them what problems they believe they face and present possible solutions. It's easier to guide someone than to completely change their course.

Why is it important that your friend changes the way they play? If they lose a lot and are OK with that, then that's on them. Are they the type of person who prefers fluffy lists to ones that perform optimally? Are they new to to the game and still learning?
>>
>>53752126
many AA guns are 48", some are 36".
That means they reach across the table to your backline where the flier will deploy.
Now their 42" inches, which means you need to deploy to the front of your deployment zone, ie are vulnerable. or 32" ie won't be able to shoot first turn.

>how hard
it's not an issue of hard, it's an issue of having to do it every time. It a minor annoyance, but a persistent one. Like Thac0.
Also like Thac0, there are other options that are better, so the minor annoyance feels big because it's not coming with a payoff.
>>
>>53752230
No it doesn't. The way quantum shielding works is you have to roll lower than the amount of damage inflicted by the Wound, Mortal Wounds inflict 1 damage each and are resolved 1 at a time, not in bulk, so QS will never be able to affect them.
>>
>>53752273
IG.
>>53752260
He always bitches that im breaking some sort of rules when our power ratings are either comparable or hes got more. I spend half the time proving basic rules, because he cant warhammer.
>>
>>53752277

Mostly a whole lot of jetpacks. From their basic Corsairs with wings to a Jump-Jet War Wasp. That kind of movement would be significantly easier in 8e.
>>
>>53752017

Or they could just give flesh metal guns a couple of profiles corresponding to some of the weapons they used to have.

I think I understand why GW made the change; pretty sure its because of the way shooting has changed so you can now fire all your weapons, which would have required putting more effort into writing their rules to include a caveat that you can only fire 1 (or maybe 2) of their weapons every turn they just copped out and went with the LOL SO RANDOM way of rules writing. That and they were probably too good at what they did, and competed with and out performed Havoks.

And no, that's a retarded change, it probably makes them better by a small amount but you now have to roll even more dice in the time between picking a unit of oblits and actually shooting.

While I might not like it much Oblits role has been changed from Swiss army man equally as competent at tackling hoards as hard points to a sort of close support unit meant to gun down hard targets with their decently high strength/damage guns.

Hopefully, if GW wants to push oblits into this role they'll change out flesh metal guns so they manifest as a couple of potent short ranged weapons, while throwing Havoks a bone to differentiate them from loyalists like letting the Champion buy a heavy weapon or some sort of squad buffing wargear, cutting their weapon costs, letting every squad member buy a heavy weapon, giving them access to new cool daemon guns as a dark opposite to grav weaponry, etc.

However, all of the above would require GW to a) Care and b) Release a new Havok kit, so I wouldn't hold your breath for changes to Oblits or Havoks unless you're doing it with a plastic bag on your head and you're instead trying to take the BigNap
>>
>>53752312
Oh shit that's right. Thanks!
>>
>>53752312
What about effects that inflict d3 MW?
>>
>>53752309

What I meant is the rule should have something among the lines of "attacks that ignore the to hit penalty from the trait, ignore the range penalty as well"
>>
>>53752274

> DA got a lot more expensive.

Do you think a unit of them in a wave serpent and a unit of bikes is the way to go for troops in this new edition?
>>
>>53752062
Are we all just ignoring the tucked dick?
>>
Blood Angels or Grey Knights for Assault/Melee marines and why?
>>
>>53752338
Nvm. That would be d3 one-damage MW, so QS wouldn't proc.
>>
These both came up in a recent game of mine.

Under movement, for the move action, it says you cannot move through models or terrain, unless you can fly. Under Charging, Pile in, and Consolidate this limitation (and the part that says flyers can, well, fly) does not exist. Therefor, you can move through terrain and models freely as if you could fly, even on non-flyers, correct?

Also, Consolidate just happens at the end of every unit's fight phase instead of if they win it seems. And there are ways to give models free fight phases, guardsmen orders and SoB acts of faith for example, which also includes a pile in. Does this mean you could give a model a free fight phase just to move it 6" closer to the nearest enemy model? And it would be flying in 3" leaps due to the above?
>>
File: 1428275532791.png (2MB, 1063x741px) Image search: [Google]
1428275532791.png
2MB, 1063x741px
>>53751603
So how would this fare as a list in 8th?
1 Archon
3 Reavers
1 Raider
1 Venom
10 Kabalites
10 Wych's
5 Scourges
1 Talos Pain Engine
>>
>>53752333

>>53752246

AM fast attacks are not great (except hellhounds)

No heavy support is kinda stupid tho, even conscript spam benefits greatly from some HWT spam or some basilisks.
>>
File: dreadmob.png (1MB, 988x1460px) Image search: [Google]
dreadmob.png
1MB, 988x1460px
>>53751963
>I remember reading that among the various individuals one can find in a Freeboota warband, Big Meks and Pain Boyz obsessed solely with creating Deff Dreads can be found
>>
>>53752353

You don't know female genital structure very well, do you, anon? It might help if what you know about female anatomy wasn't presented in 2D.
>>
>>53752303
>>53752321

Sounds great for objective grabbing and what not.
>>
>>53752317
I have a friend like that. He bought two Boxes of CSM, a Dp, one box of termites and 2 obliterators in 2003. Constantly bitches for 10 years, when he won't just buy a couple good units.
>>
File: IMG_2677.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2677.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>53752274
I've played some small games with Avengers and I'm happy with the result. Sticking 7 of them for cover fire with 5 banshees in a wave serpent is pretty good, especially if you charge the serpent in first to mitigate overwatch harm on the admittedly fragile banshees.

Avengers fit the whole 'jack of all trades, master of none' thing, they put out a lot of decently damaging shots and make good midfield/forward line troops, just don't count on them to take down heavy armor...... so basically exactly like the fluff.

The only one (that I care about) I'm genuinely disappointed in is scorpions, they attack a bunch but don't do anything with it. Maybe they're a good solution to the blobbening, but I've yet to actually rest how they do against conscript hordes

Overall I'm happy with aspect warriors
>>
What's the space marines best answer to genes teasers in terms of weapons? Assault cannon? Plasma?
>>
>>53752305
It would be fine if he wasn't such an uppity bitch about it. He always whines that GW broke 8e and made CSM too OP, which simply isnt fucking true.
>>53752365
I keep urging him to get a few Leman Russ's, but apparently reason isnt his strong suit.
>>53752386
Hes exactly the same way.
>>
>>53752353

How do you tuck a dick when your legs are spread apart?
>>
>>53752353
You have never been with a woman.
>>
>>53752382

Speedy is always paired with fragile when it comes to drawbacks. Corsairs packed a hell of a punch with some of their heftier weapons, but they were on lighter platforms that relied mostly on not being hit to survive. War Walkers, Wasps, and all their Skimmers were light targets, and their troops were still pretty lightly armored.
>>
>>53752362
Double correction. Neither orders nor acts of faith can be used on people not in combat to move closer, I'm retarded.
>>
>>53752274
ok Scorpions. I love these guys. They're what I call operator units. They're not countering one specific thing like say anti-tank, or anti-flier, but they aren't providing raw value in terms of toughness or firepower like a mainstay unit.
Instead they do a lot of different things to mess up your opponents plans.

Did this great last editions, still do, but some big changes.
First they aren't going to be as tough. shrouded meant they were 3+/2++ before and while now starting in cover means they'll be 2+ sometimes, their are more counterweapons.
Second, the exarch scorpian claw murder your opponent option is just not as good. Now don't attack first when charged. Can't scaple out your opponents powerweapon on their champion. Now has the same penalties as a normal powerclaw.
On the other hand the biting blade actually looks kinda good for once.

Third: mandiblasters. before they just let you pile on more wounds onto lightly armored enemies. Now they'll put out less wounds, but will give them better killing against heavy armor.

So the details in how they work has changed a lot. But their general idea of "that fairly tough unit that starts out closer to my enemy and makes their plans not work as well" is still all their.
>>
>>53752400

Bolters, combi-flamers, Heavy bolters
>>
>>53752362
First part, yes. Provided it's not Tank traps and shit, your enemy at the gates horde of conscripts just blitzes through cover to reach the enemy.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean in the second paragraph
>>
>>53752363
Any one? Please? Would this be a good list to start off with?
>>
File: DSC00208.jpg (269KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00208.jpg
269KB, 1600x898px
Normal Librarian, jumppack Librarian, bike Librarian or Terminator Librarian?
>>
>>53752341
bikes are no longer troop slot.
but I honestly don't know what the main composition for eldar will be this edition.
I'm kinda tempted by footdar because you can stack aura buffs in a pretty neat way. But wave serpents are still good.
>>
>>53752438
>I'm not exactly sure what you mean in the second paragraph

Order unit to fight in shooting phase even if the unit is not engaged. Units strikes 0 time, then consolidated, getting free movement while retaining the possibility to assault and shoot.
>>
>>53752401
Kek. I'm an IG player. This is a hilarious mirror situation for me.

Dude spazzed out when I buy Roboute down as my only hq last weekend. He only read half the leaked rules and thought I was cheating using bobby g as an IG hq.
>>
>>53752362
>Under movement, for the move action, it says you cannot move through models or terrain, unless you can fly. Under Charging, Pile in, and Consolidate this limitation (and the part that says flyers can, well, fly) does not exist. Therefor, you can move through terrain and models freely as if you could fly, even on non-flyers, correct?
No. When they say moves, they mean literally any kind of movement, regardless of what phase it's in. You cannot charge through, or pile-in/consolidate through, enemy models or impassable terrain.
>>
>>53752469

Normal or termi if screned by footsloggers

Bike or jump if screened by fast units.
>>
>>53752468

If you put it into a list people will be more inclined to review it.
>>
>>53752479
Nah I just checked and you can only use "Fix Bayonets!" on units that have an enemy model within 1".
>>
>>53752470

Bit disappointed to hear bikes aren't troops anymore, I know they got a bad name from 7E but if they've toned them down I don't see why they couldn't have left them in troops.
>>
File: IMG_2681.jpg (140KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2681.jpg
140KB, 1300x956px
>>53752469
Grey Knight terminator librarian without a stave or storm shield
>>
>>53752513

I was just clarifying what the guy meant, not saying it works.
>>
>>53752420

>relied mostly on not being hit to survive

That's most Eldar units of all types isn't it?

For all of the OP stuff about Craftworlds, I notice neither them or their Commoragh counterparts could really take a hit on the table unless their stuff was Wraith or Wracks-Engines.

I think even some of the worse guns could invalidate Dark Eldar armor saves if I recall.
>>
>>53752363
>>53752468
Sure, DE are super fast and super killy.
>>
File: 343[1].jpg (46KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
343[1].jpg
46KB, 600x632px
>>53752535
>Taking a librarian in an army where every fuking unit is a psiker
>>
>>53752531
Wait for Chapter Tactics.
>>
>>53752559
Never enough smites man. Never enough smites.
>>
>>53752531
Just use several Vanguard detachments.
>>
>>53752570

True Sam-Hann will probably get them, I'll probably end up using the one that buffs swordwind thought.
>>
>>53752501
I'm not really familiar with Dark Eldar, so I was mostly just asking to see if it would be a good start to an army overall. I'm posting from my phone, so It's a little difficult to look up the power levels.
>>
>>53752531
being troops isn't as big a deal anymore. you lose some CP, but I get the feeling a lot of eldar lists are gong to be around the 3 elite/fa/hs detachments as a base.
>>53752538
you're mostly right, but CW eldar have much more access to decent armor saves than the rest of the eldar.
4+ saves are pretty common, 3+ shows on quite a few units.
>>
File: stormboy.png (469KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
stormboy.png
469KB, 800x533px
There doesn't seem to be any rule which allows models to move through airborne units. So you can block a tank's movement with a plane.

Also, does anyone else think that 'airborne' is a really bad name for proper flying units? When I think of 'airborne' units in a military context, I think of air-transportable forces, not flying machines.
>>
Is the starter box worth buying if you are only interested in the Primaris marine portion? I feel like the Death Guard side won't have great resale value since the Primaris portion will be more popular.
>>
>>53752363
Archon is the weakest HQ. Bring a Succubus and/or Drazhar if you're taking Incubi. And make sure you characters have a ride. Also you want rides for both your squads. Kabalites want to gunboat and wyches need the protection, transport, and overwatch decoys. A single Talos is pretty meh without a Haemonculus I think. If you aren't going to invest much in Coven stuff a Ravager or Flyer would serve you better.
>>
>>53752570
>>53752604
I don't think it's going to work that way.
Remember, you don't need troops slots to field armies now.

My guesses for Sam-Hann is stratagems that refer to 'sam-hann bikers' or 'sam-hann units with fly'. Stuff like being able to move after deployment, come in from sides or rear, extra movement.
>>
>>53752494
>No. When they say moves, they mean literally any kind of movement, regardless of what phase it's in.

How do you know they mean that though? It certainly isn't stated in the book that they mean that. Under 'Moving' it just says "Move a model it's movement, it can't go further than that, it can't go through models or terrain, and can move vertically.". Other types of movement just say "Move each model up to 3", they can go any direction as long as they end up closer to the nearest enemy".

This shit is important since, due to the 'model can't move through other models' part you can't even move through models in your own unit while piling in/consolidating if you are limited by normal movement rules.
>>
>>53752577

Termi librarian with power sword and storm bolter: 151pt

Champion with storm bolter and nemesis falchion: 115pt

Same amount of smites
>>
I want to play IG, mainly like tanks and hws. Want it be low model count. Should I sink money into assassins to tie up squads in hth?
>>
>>53752672
DEldar transports do better in combat than people are going to expect. they hit on 4+, and succubus buff applies to them if you make them cult.
Haemonculus buff also applies to transports if you make them coven.

Archons are the cheapest for a reason, despite the 2+ invuln being base and free.
>>
>>53751603

Let's talk acolytes

I just realised any imperial army can fill any amount of troop slots for 10ish pt each to get easy CP from battalion / brigade detachments.
>>
>>53752678
That feeling of having higher costing thus premium smites!
>>
>>53752630

>4+ saves are pretty common

I remember that being one of the better reasons to take Lootas and the Gorkanaut before.

Assuming you could keep them out of trouble, you could go through an entire squad fairly easily.
>>
Should conscripts be changed to be unable to take orders will it still be possible to harness the mighty power of massed lasgun fire when infantry squads now cannot be combined ? Commissar and priests aura rules seem to encourage clumping infantry squads together but would that fuck with LoS as the rear squads have to fire through the front ?
>>
>>53752468
This list doesn't make sense, the first thing you want to do is look at wargear options for these units, what special weapons are your Kabalites taking? Your scourges? Are your reavers taking a special weapon?

Next, look at composition and how your units play off one another. This list is schizophrenic, what is the Venom doing here? Are you really going to flogslog your Wychs or Kabalites? One has a 6+ save and the other has a 5+.

Why is the Talos here? Are you using it as a melee monster or a weapons platform? Is it really going to fulfill either of those roles?

In my opinion, which you can disregard if you want, if that you should drop the Talos and pick up another Raider, then you have both troops in Raiders and your Archon in a Venom leaving your squishy elves protected in transports.

Give your Scourges Dark Lances or Blasters to deal with Vehicles and now you have a well rounded force.
>>
>>53752676
A move is a move is a move, and from context reading the preview articles for 8th edition, listening to the playtesters and the designers talk about tactics, we know for a fact you can never move through enemy models unless you have Fly.
>>
>>53752660
>using vehicles without the Fly keyword
>>
>>53752721
And make commissars only give a +3 to conscript ld.
>>
File: xavier02.jpg (156KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
xavier02.jpg
156KB, 750x800px
>>53752499
What wargear should I take?

I guess I'll be using footsloggers if I'm building a marine army and plan on having a powerfist Chaplain in the group too?

I want to build a fluffy Salamanders army. I want to have this model be a stand in for the powerfist chaplain
>>
>>53752716
Well you still need 2 HQ per battalion and forget about cheap barebones brigades since there are min requirements for HS, FA and elites as well .
>>
>>53752670
>I feel like the Death Guard side won't have great resale value since the Primaris portion will be more popular.

Plus the primaris are fairly generic while nobody wants more duplicates of exactly the same nurgle guys.

Still, it's the book, four units and four characters for £95. It would probably cost you more than that to buy the primaris kits alone. So, if you are really sure you want all the marine models in your collection, it seems like a good deal.
>>
>>53752747
It could give -10 and it would not matter, as they would still lose just 1 model in each morale phase.
>>
Is 2000 points the new standard size for 40K?
Does it say anything in the rulebook?
>>
>>53752732
If that's true, it isn't written in the rules. And you also still can't ever move through your own models in their own unit unless they have fly.
>>
What's the word on how to kit out a Dev squad?
>>
>>53752771
Nah, it's just with all the points increases, most 1850 lists now cost around 2000 points.
>>
>>53752775
>And you also still can't ever move through your own models in their own unit unless they have fly.
Correct.
>>
>>53752768
I meant as replacement for commissar's execution rule.
>>
>>53752156
The Lynch pleb filter catches another one
>>
File: Vostroyan_Nobles.jpg (88KB, 757x642px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_Nobles.jpg
88KB, 757x642px
How do I make a lore accurate Vostroyan army?

I'm talking would they use mass infantry, mass artillery, mechanized assaults, tank assaults, or even try mixing multiple together?
>>
>>53752761

It's more in "my army has the FA/HW/HS/Elite slots filled, but i only have a few points left. so instead of spearhead + vanguard + outrider can get +6 CP with super-cheap troops.

Also somewhat in fluff as inquisitorial acolytes can be around pretty much anywhere.
>>
so i played a battle today using power levels to prove how broken they are

his army was grey knights, mine was orks

he took 10 terminators, a paladin ancient, an apothecary and a grand master

i took 10 meganobz, 5 flash gitz, and a mega armoured warboss

he killed 3 meganobz, I tabled him on turn 3

this shit is fucking broken guys
>>
>>53752719
DE covens look like they'll be surprisingly tough this edition, and not just their pain-engines. You'll want multiple haemonculus for the bubbles. Which apply to transports too so before until they want to jump forward their now T6 with their 5++ save, -1 to hit for the venom.
Wracks are T5, with a 5++ save and a 6+ FNP.
>>
>>53752802

> He doesn't love incestuous undertones.

Weird right?
>>
>>53752813
He should have stayed at range if possible
>>
>>53752794
Commissar already gives conscript LD8, 9 if lord.
>>
>>53752805
Fuck they're cool , wish they had a plastic infantry kit.
>>
>>53752814

How many attacks do Wracks and Pain Engines get now?

Also, how is Urien now? I remember him being one of the more interesting chaps.
>>
>>53752840
Fuck conscripts. This is some bullshit.
>>
>>53752813
Everyone already knows power levels are broken. That's why Matched Play uses points costs instead.
>>
>>53752813

This is a bit of a moot point though because nobody is really going to use them and if they do they should be slapped.
>>
>>53752695
If you like, but there are a lot of other options. Bullgryns, rough riders, crusaders, arco flagellants, penitent engines, vigilators, acolytes, custodians...
>>
File: Scintillan_Fusilier_trooper[1].jpg (284KB, 803x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Scintillan_Fusilier_trooper[1].jpg
284KB, 803x1122px
>>53752842

I wish scintillan had models at all
>>
>want to go Space Wolves
>never built loyalist marines, know ill get my ass beat if I ever play anyone because im used to an entirely different playstyle
>dont want to be called a space furry
>still in love with their lore

Life is hell.
>>
>>53752810
True , but then you do have 6 very squishy units for kill point purposes, probably still worth it
>>
File: Vostroyan_Regimental_Bearer.jpg (42KB, 445x612px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_Regimental_Bearer.jpg
42KB, 445x612px
>>53752842
Right? I feel like they would mess up nowadays though, make them too cartoony.
>>
>>53752832
I was kicking his ass at range with Flash Gitz, and advancing with my Meganobz.
>>
>>53752721

Just rule it so a team can't have negative command points.
>>
File: Vostroyan Riflemen.jpg (294KB, 3264x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan Riflemen.jpg
294KB, 3264x1409px
>>53752805

They're specialised for urban combat, so anything goes.
My vossies are mechanised, but when I get enough boys together I'll be going gun-line instead.
>>
>>53752862

They look like something from a Star Wars prequel.
>>
>>53752855
I was thinking of the assassins since they are 10 bucks a pop on eBay and can deep strike, while I put my money into tanks. I have 2 leman Russ and a hellhound at the moment. Are acolytes good?
>>
>>53752894
Have faith, they translated the Blanche look to the Skitarii perfectly.
>>
>>53752842
Do they not? I swear I saw one at a FLGS
>>
>>53752695

If you want to stay pure IG you could use stormtroopers/Tepmestus Scions to fill your troops requirements.

A 10 man squad with 4 plasma guns comes in at 118 points; 138 for 4 meltaguns.

Add a Dakka Prime, Valkyrie, or simply deep strike to taste.
>>
>>53752908

their officers are even better
>>
>>53752899
We'll shit. Really wanted PL to have its place.
>>
>>53752915
They're metal only. As old as Sisters.
>>
>>53752862
Try perrys war of independence plus lasgun and grenade bitz , do look more slight though since they're true scale
>>
>>53752845
Wracks are 2 attack. Always wound on 4+.
Talos or 4 attack, but really 5 because their weapon gives them an extra attack, 2 if you don't replace it. Guns are pretty sweet.
Cronos are 3 attacks, but they don't really want to melee as much.
Urien is T6 because of his aura. 4++, reroll saves against S less than 9. His problem is he doesn't do much besides survive and give his buff.
>>
>>53752813
>>53752849
I hate idiots that think power levels are just a weird points system.

The point is not to build towards a limit with power levels, it's just there to compare how powerful an army is.
If someone "is being a dick taking all da upgrades!" then put more units on the table, it's not hard.
>>
>>53752884

There's primaris wolves. Spam primaris marines painted up as space wolves and give them actual fenris wolves by their side. Then you have yourself a Space Wolves army sans yiff.
>>
>>53752884
>use grey instead of light blue for armor
>put a lot of emphasis on runes and runic accessories
>remove as much wolf shaped shit as possible
>>
>>53752914

It's what I loved most about them. They're exactly what I imagined them to be, like they just jumped right out of a Blanche painting.
>>
File: Vostroyan_battle-line.jpg (24KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_battle-line.jpg
24KB, 250x376px
>>53752906
Okay anon if you can provide it, I need the recipe for this. I have a ton of Vostroyans that need to be painted up.
>>
>>53752946
I didn't take any upgrades. I took bare-bones units.
>>
File: 1496143064049.jpg (79KB, 600x783px) Image search: [Google]
1496143064049.jpg
79KB, 600x783px
>>53752813
>proving that power levels are broken by taking units which have virtually no options and who's power level closely matches their points cost
>>
File: WeaponChart_Heavy.png (51KB, 855x247px) Image search: [Google]
WeaponChart_Heavy.png
51KB, 855x247px
>>53752784
There's no definitive answer anymore. Grav is probebly the best damage all around but is hampered by range since vehicles now lake firing points. Plasma Cannons are weak on normal charge but awesome on supercharge. Strongly consider them if you have a character around to provide re-rolls.

As for the less situational choices, Heavy Bolters, Lascannons, and Missile Launchers all have their place as the longer range options for infantry(and being cheap), tanks, and all comers. Pick what works best for your army.

Multi-Meltas are all the problems of Grav, but even worse. I don't think I'd ever take them over just going with Grav.
>>
>>53752929

games-workshop/en-US/Vostroyan-Firstborn-Squad
Out of stock, but it exists.
>>
>>53752962
That's not the point.
>>
>>53752914
I sure do hope so, I love their aesthetic too much for GW to mess up.
>>53752906
When you say gunline, what do you mean? Like a trench line with heavy weapon teams and artillery or blobs of conscripts(for the sake of your wallet I hope it isn't the second one)
>>
File: IMG_2685.png (6MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2685.png
6MB, 2048x1536px
Whaddya think, /40kg/? They're still heavily wip but the general stuff i think is coming along nicely.

I like the weathering, but maybe I should do it a bit starker? I dunno, anyone have feedback or advice?
>>
>>53752884
>in love with their lore
Hell is too good for the likes of you.
>>
>>53752078
Nurge is boring, you can't be betrayed if you're well prepared for it.
>>
So how exactly are Militarum Tempestus supposed to be played?
>>
>>53753007

By spamming tauros primes, apparently
>>
>>53752981
That's metal, anon, exactly what I said. The anon up the reply chain said he wished for plastic.
>>
>>53752267
The GK can tell them to screw off if they feel like it, but they have no reason to so they usually don't.
>>
>>53753007
>>53753016
if you use pure math, this is correct. taurox primes are simply the best unit to take against the widest variety of targets
>>
>>53753039
Oh, I cant read. Sorry
>>
Does anyone have any idea how a datasmith might be converted to look a bit different? I want another pair of robots, but don't want an identical dude with them.
>>
>>53753007
Dudes with plasma, melta and volley guns arriving by taurox , valk and deep strike ,getting orders from their officers
>>
Why don't more people play tabletop games?
>>
>>53752991
Kastelans still look so fucking shitty.

I wish there was an easy way to get the datasmith separate so I could run him with Castellax proxies.
>>
>>53752992
Im talking book lore, not the shit on the figures
>>53752947
>>53752953
Thanks anons
>>
>>53752678
GK Librarians get free Force Staves and can take a Storm Shield for a 2++ in melee.
>>
>>53752996

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
>>
>>53753066
They aren't convenient mostly.
>>
>>53753066
It's a major vagina deterrent.
>>
File: 1453358250297.jpg (18KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1453358250297.jpg
18KB, 291x343px
>>53752813
>tabled on turn 3

Sounds about the same as my entire experience playing 7th ed GK.
>>
File: 1kMechEldar.jpg (258KB, 1205x899px) Image search: [Google]
1kMechEldar.jpg
258KB, 1205x899px
Put together a 1k Mech Eldar army list for 8th Ed.

Any opinions?
>>
File: 1020332325513.png (114KB, 585x489px) Image search: [Google]
1020332325513.png
114KB, 585x489px
>>53753093
>>
>>53753051
Easiest would probably be to do a headswap and to swap the backpack out for an old space marine servo-arm backpack.
>>
>>53753083

>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Nurgle so much, I had all diseases and mutations
>I pray to Nurgle every night before bed, thanking him for the poxes I’ve been given
>"Nurgle is love" I say; “Nurgle is life”
>My dad hears me and calls me an heretic
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Nurgle
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It’s Nurgle
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear “This is my swamp.”
>He grabs me with his powerful demon hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I’m ready
>I spread my ass-cheeks for Nurgle
>He penetrates my butt-hole
>It hurts so much but I do it for Nurgle
>I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Nurgle
>He roars in a mighty roar as he fills my butt with his love
>My dad walks in
>Nurgle looks him straight in the eyes and says “It’s all mutated now.”
>Nurgle leaves through my window
>Nurgle is love. Nurgle is life.
>>
>>53753073
D'you like the paintjob tho?

I think I did the datasmith justice
>>
>>53753066
Scheduling inconvenience. Gotta prioritize work and education.
>>
I have 60 sluggas(with 2 big shootas), 40 Gretchen, 2 aobr warbosses, and 10 aobr mobs. How to expand. My two buddies that got me in are incredibly casual. I'm talking SM player has a librarian, 3 tactical squads and a 5 man assault squad.

How should I expand my army?
>>
>>53753066
Takes lots of time and effort to build and paint shit let alone play.
>>
>>53753066

Play more as in play different games or play more games of say 40k?
>>
>>53753165

A battlewagon is always fun
>>
>>53753165
Depends on what you want to do with your army anon. If you're looking to win games, then infantry is never a bad choice. Then again, a lot of vehicles now have very high points values, meaning that a single vehicle increases the points value of your army considerably, and they add a new edge to your threat radius.
>>
File: 1497109280832.png (423KB, 652x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497109280832.png
423KB, 652x1000px
>>53753073
>hating retro beep boops
fucker
>>
>>53753066
This hobby is weird as fuck from the outside looking in
Also barrier to entry is pretty high, especially if you want to be good at the hobby side
>>
>>53753143
The smith looks pretty decent

I just can't get over my hate of the Kastelan model to objectively judge the paint job on those
>>
>>53753066
it's a significant time and money investment. Lots of other hobbies are too, but tabletop has a lot more of that upfront.
Stuff like shadow war help this quite a bit, but it's still there.

Also requires space to play that isn't something everyone has.

Even for people who are into games and hobbies, it can or at least seem, like it has a very high requirement to entry.
>>
>>53753165
Most recently I've been developing my Ork Fighta Skwad, bought 3 Dakka Jets and a Wazbomma Blastajet, they fly in a formation and strafe the battlefield. I find it pretty entertaining.
>>
>>53753205
I'm already tired of pushing hordes.
>>
>>53753209
Anon, they are bad. The retro concept is great, see Sicarian Infiltrators. The Kastelans, in execution, are really, really fucking bad. They look like hasbro toys. They are worse than Centurions.
>>
>>53753165

I'm partial to Flash Gitz
>>
>>53753143
Looks good. I feel like the datasmith needs a stripe or accent of red to invert the Kastellan's scheme though.
>>
File: halpmefindthequote.png (655KB, 779x429px) Image search: [Google]
halpmefindthequote.png
655KB, 779x429px
I desperately need the passage from a 40k book describing chaos overtaking their ship. It was beautiful and dark, and I can't find it and never copied it because I'm a little bitch. Help me please, /tg/
>>
>>53753230
I'm on a budget of one thing a month. Which flyer is the best option for meq?
>>
HOLY SHIT IM RETARDED AS FUCK.
I ONLY PLAY CASUALLY WITH A FRIEND AND I JUST REALISED. JUST NOW. THAT A MODEL CAN SHOOT WITH MULTIPLE WEAPONS EACH TURN.

HAS THAT ALWAYS BEEN A THING?

IF MY MUHREEN HAS A FUCKING FLAMETHROWER AND A BOLTGUN, IT CAN FIRE BOTH IN A SINGLE SHOOTING PHASE?
>>
File: IMG_4160.jpg (66KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4160.jpg
66KB, 600x620px
Radium Pistol plus Arc Maul or Power Sword, yes/no?
>>
Hello, I am new to the tabletop gaming part of WH40k, with the coming of 8th Edition, and I had some questions regarding stats and listbuilding.

To what extent can you customize the gear that each unit wears? If I have five Marines, the models of which all have bolters, is it still okay to list them as having maybe three bolters, a flamer and a melta?
>>
>>53753066
I think it goes as follows.

For most people:
It's not a normal hobby. The average individual is hesitant enough to enter into a hobby that doesn't provide social capital. Like Videogaming in many cases. Tabletop wargaming provides even LESS social capital, perhaps even negative. Normal hobbies include eating out, travel, exercising, playing guitar and other things that provide social capital and/or has the potential to attract the opposite sex.

For others:
People don't like the effort involved.
"Why not Vidya?"
Sucks at painting.
My Japanese friend pointed out they'd love tabletop over there if it wasn't for space constraints for storage and tables, so space is an issue for many.
Lack of FLGS in some areas.
Most games have pretty excessive lore, or require historical knowledge bordering on autism a la /hwg/.
Lack of funds.
Having internet friends now gives otherwise Tabletop-loving social rejects a reason to never leave their computer.
Familial tremors.
Games require a time and travel investment.
"Math is hard"/"The computer could just do the math for you".
Miniature characters aren't cute or sexy. Even Infinity has failed at making 28mm cute or sexy.
Even nerdy girls don't seem to like it, could be for a variety of reasons.

That's all I can think of right now. There's doubtless more.
>>
>>53753275

If you want to target MEQ, go Flash Gitz

BS4+ Heavy3, S5 Ap-2 cuts them like butter.
>>
>>53753297
I mean yeah but how are you getting a flamer and bolter on the same model?
>>
>>53753259
That's a good idea, thanks.

It's kinda awkward because all my Skitarii and priests are in the zandri dust robes, but that color looks fucking awful on Kataphron Battleplate and the boops, so I had to do red instead. I like the stripe idea a lot, good way of blending them

>>53753216
Fair point, as soon as Castellax come out in 40k I'm probably gonna be done with them
>>
>>53753066
"Tabletop games" covers an immensely broad spectrum of shit and everybody I know plays at least one kind like Uno, MTG, Risk, Monopoly, etc. at least semi-regularly.

As for 40k specifically, well, it's not a cheap hobby to get into. Realistically compared to a lot of other hobbies it is actually, but the time investment in assembling, painting and learning the game also adds up. It's also a massive setting that while fucking awesome, is hard for people to get into and frankly not everyone's taste. And then on top of all that you've gotta find people you can tolerate for two-plus hours to actually play the game with. I think Shadow War: Armageddon is a great way for people to jump into the hobby though. A basic infantry box is all you need to get into SW and if you wanna expand into 40k proper, well you've already got a squad of dudes.
>>
>>53753066
High initial cost of entry, large time investment for playing and hobby parts, bit of social stigma against it, the playerbase can be outright repulsive in some areas, the amount of stuff needed to play a game (armies, army list, books, table, terrain, dice, tape measure), doing math, reading, how shitty your first batch of models tend to look
>>
>>53753243

I think the only people who unironically like the plastic robots and prefer them over even FW's superior resin robots, are the kind of players with zero taste.

I don't even mean that as an insult to them, personally. I mean these are the guys who make super eye rape gaudy color schemes because they have zero sense of aesthetics. They're the reason so many neckbeards don't care about grooming, personal appearances, or hygiene. They're the kind of people who can't tell the difference between the plastic Contemptor and the resin ones, and why the resin ones are better.

They just don't have an eye for aesthetics. It's not their fault, it's either genetic or a lifetime of cultural ingraining.
>>
>>53753297

No, it's only a thing in 8e. In the case of combi-weapons, they each fire -1 to hit. In the case of pistols, a model can fire all its normal guns or all its pistols, but not both.

But how are you getting both on the same model? Usually they replace each other.
>>
>>53753312
Are you talking about is it okay to represent different weapons than the models are actually modelled with? If so, usually no in competitive environments, they tend to use WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
>>
>>53753297

This only started in 8th edition. Old rules said you could only shoot one weapon per model unless you were a vehicle, and vehicles could not target different enemies without a special rule.
>>
Instead of adding some coven units purely to get sniper rifles, do you think Hellions could work as anti-character?
Given their movement etc the plan would be to just bumrush them, and hope I don't have to deal with a melee monster like Girlyman.
>>
>>53753043
Thanks, anon. So, basically, it's up to the GK's goodwill? How would the Ordo respond if they blew them off?
>>
>>53753312

Team lists say how many and what models can have special weapon options. If it says that, out of a five man unit, only one can have a special weapon like a flamer, melta, or plasma gun, then only one guy can. If it says two, then you can have two. And, yes, they can mix and match between different weapons unless it says they all need to take the same ones.
>>
Epidemius with csm daemon nurgle units reminds me of fifth all over again.

Thinking of running possessed, talons, nurglings, and oblits as a crazy fun daemon csm hybrid army.
>>
>>53753240
Buy some movement trays, and ignore the people who say they're bad for some reason but never specify exactly what that is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201835476286?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=501863348466&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's a guy who makes some for cheap and they're damn good, but there's a bunch to choose from. Suddenly instead of pushing 30 models, you're pushing one movement tray.
>>
Thoughts on 6 Fire Dragons in a Falcon vs. 5 Wraith Guard in a Wave Serpent?
>>
>>53753350
>>53753344
ahhh, okay.
My friend and I learnt together, figuring it out as we played, so for the first few weeks we'd always come across things we were doing wrong. I thought this was just something massive we both missed.
>>
>>53752984

>what do you mean?
Zulu-style firing line with piles of riflemen supported by Mortars and Heavy Bolters.
I have an Aegis line, but I like the look of the Wall of martyrs more.
>>
>>53753374
That's not what I meant though, but >>53753346 got it, and if that's true I can both understand that and I also find it silly.
>>
File: 99060105264_StrakenNEW01.jpg (33KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99060105264_StrakenNEW01.jpg
33KB, 600x620px
>A man so inherently manly, they had to give him a cybernetic nipple
>>
File: 1486601061313.jpg (38KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1486601061313.jpg
38KB, 560x315px
>>53753361
Something like pic related
>>
>>53753377
>the movement tray meme continues
>>
File: IMG_0050.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Guardsmen anon here, played an 8th edition game with 100 conscripts with their meme support of commissar, commander, and priest
Idk if Anyone is interested in how they did or if that meme got old
>>
>>53753297
No.

Marines replace their boltgun with their flamer when they buy it, so no. A model like an Space Marine biker with a special weapon could fire both the special weapon and his bike's bolters though.
>>
>>53753327
I like the Kastelans, but I do find them massively inferior to the Castellax.

>>53753361
I dunno, the GK are usually willing to work with the Ordo Malleus since they both combat Daemons. I suppose if the GK weren't available they'd just go for the next best things, which would be the Red Hunters and the Exorcists Space Marine chapters, as well as any IG or Stormtrooper regiments they can round up.
>>
>>53753409
Well everyone has been asking for proofs.
So how did it go?
>>
>>53753404
You have a army with short fun movement phases.
>>
>>53753445
I play Tyranids with over 100 models, and have done so since 2nd edition.

Movement trays are a shitty meme.
>>
>>53753428

>Some butthurt inquisitor try do declare GK excommunicate traitors
>Other inquisitors declare the first group excommunicate traitors

Pretty much business as usual
>>
>>53753457
If you don't like them, don't use them.
>>
>>53752354
Bump for the Bump God
>>
>>53752958

Fatigues are simply Khorne red, Nuln oil then Highlight of Mephiston red.
Armour plating is Balthasar Gold, Nuln oil then Mithril silver or whatever name it goes by today.
Wood is Mournfang brown, Nuln oil and highlight Karak stone. use it on the furniture of the rifle to give it a wooden effect.
And Leather is Mournfang brown and highlight Deathclaw brown.
>>
>>53753457
>>53753404
as usual, calling things a meme is considered a substitute for an actual argument

maybe explain why they're bad and people might give a shit about your opinion?
>>
>>53753457
That few. Get on ork players level.
>>
>>53753457
not a meme and one of the reason why removing of blast templates is go, but I'm assuming you're liking not having to try to maintain as close to 2" inch spacing between all your models at all times.
>>
>>53753475
For allying? Or as the whole army?
>>
>>53753457
You keep saying they are shitty but why? Not the other guy, honest question.
>>
>>53753409

I'd be really interested in hearing how the Punisher and the conscripts performed.
>>
How is Red Terror with raveners now?
>>
>>53753536
Go on....
>>
>>53753409
That ork's got 4 vehicles tops and you got 5 tanks and a baneblade. Pretty sure we all know how all this went down.
>>
>>53753559
Oh crap. Thought >>53753536 said how they performed was interesting.
>>
File: IG List.jpg (166KB, 856x599px) Image search: [Google]
IG List.jpg
166KB, 856x599px
Critique my IG list please. 2000 points exactly, 6 command points. Abridged version below, detailed in image.

3x Tempestor Prime (Command Rod, chainsword)
6x 10 Tempestus Scions (4 Plasma Guns, 1 Plasma Pistol, 5 Hot Shot Lasguns)
3x Eversor Assassin
6x Taurox Prime (Taurox Gatling Cannon, 2 Hot Shot Volley Guns, Stormbolter)
1x Commisar (Bolt Pistol)
1x 50 Conscripts
5x Heavy Weapons Squad (3 Mortars)

Idea is to drop the Scions+Tempestor Primes turn one with "Take Aim!" orders and supercharged plasma. Eversors will be dropped to tie up any scary melee threat to the scions or counterdrop if they drop on me. Taurox Primes are just sturdy points efficient all around units. In the back i'll have a mortar ball bubblewrapped in conscripts.

I'm still not clear if deep strike units count when it comes to "finishing deployment first". If they're ignored then I should usually finish first. If not then i'll usually go second but half my value with be off the table and the other half will be sturdy, out of range, or bubblewrapped.
>>
>>53753459

That's how it works. Inquisitors have all the power in theory, but that power is only respected insofar as they can bring it to bear. Two Inquisitors declaring each other Excommunicate Traitoris are usually left to conduct a shadow war amongst themselves until one is dead or they start threatening things outside themselves. Others will step in if it gets out of hand or one side has more support, but otherwise they have their own jobs to do.
>>
>>53753066
Warhammer still has a massive social "nerd" stigma that it hasn't been able to shake like video games have.

Remember gaming only became really popular when they made "hardcore" PC-style gaming available to the masses with the fagbox generation.

You never know, maybe this edition will be easy enough to normalize it and then we can have hundreds of feminists and normies ruining our hobby too.

Frankly I'd rather it remain the realm of neckbeards.
>>
>>53753526
At top level play careful character positioning in or partially in units is going to be extremely key to protect them from units with fly and assaults in general while still maximizing their auras and moving around terrain. That's the main issue. But they're also super useless once you hit close combat.
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>53753442
So pretty much everything was on my side for success, the Orks moved up and barely killed a thing, everyone was in rapid fire range, not only that but yarrik was letting both blobs rerolls all their to hits cause the old man hates green skins, so with all that helping them the conscripts did...
okay
They simply did what they've been doing for past editions, providing a blockade of bodies tying up the enemy and keeping them busy while the backline guns pound them to dust, all the buffs they got like 1st rank 2nd rank and actually usuing their saves helped, but it didn't change much, I couldn't even vaporize a squad of 30 boys with 180 lasgun shots and then I turned the other blob on a trukk and it took two wounds of ten, I won the game, tabled him actually, in no small part to the conscripts keeping him busy, not that a single one saw the end of the game, but they felt exactly as effective as they are in 7th, a speed bump not a game ender
I'm sure I didn't use them right and name being a shitty general is why they didn't rape face, but idk if their questionable niche is worth filling if it means making you opponent bored as you roll your 200 dice to not even kill a squad of guys
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (52KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
52KB, 900x900px
>>53753586
>2K points IG
>No anti-tank
>>
File: IMG_2664.jpg (57KB, 640x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2664.jpg
57KB, 640x651px
>>53753327
Tbh I like the kastellans in a campy throwback way, but it looks really weird next to the more punk and techy rest of the Mechanicum line.

They're sleek and 50's in an army of neo-90's grit and punk, and it looks weird. Spaceage, but weird.
>>
The problem with movement trays is they only work for non-combat movement. Moment you get any combat involves, you've got to pile in and leave your bases.
>>
>>53753613
I'm interested to see what a squad of berzerkers would do to the conscript meme if they could get the charge off. I imagine they'd tear through a huge swath of them immediately.
>>
I've got an
>Overlord
>cryptek
>triarch stalker
>3 heavy destroyer
>5 deathmark
>5 gauss immortal
>10 tesla immortal
>20 warriors
This is my whole cron army to date should be roughly 1200pts, finishing up painting the warriors and immortals, then I need to paint HQ's and destroyers.
Anything a must have for 8th that I'm missing? I was thinking after my backlog is thru I should get a command barge or an ark.
>>
>>53752110

I'll amend my statement.

The aspect Warriors are universally shit.

Unless you're a fluff bunny playing an extremely casual game.
>>
>>53753586

Mortars are crap against anything but IG, nid hordes and the lightest eldars, HB outperforms them point by point on anything else, especially MEQ.
>>
>>53753309
No, keep them cheap, those points are better spent on something else
>>
>>53753309
>replace assault 3 gun with pistol 1 gun
>pay for this
no
>reasonably priced power weapon on a unit that debuffs enemies in close combat
sure, probably go with the sword
>>
>>53753428
>>53753459
>>53753589
When they work together, is it a partnership or does The Inquisitor straight-up take command?
>>
>>53753586
"I heard these units are good"/10
>>
>>53753586
Eversors don't "tie up" anything FYI.

They kill what they meant to kill, or wound it and die trying (then blow up and kill it). Its a guided missile, not a gluetrap.
>>
>>53752813
It's meant to be a system used for narrative games. Jesus fucking christ. If you are trying to use PP for "balanced" "fair" "tournament" battles then get the fuck out. Use points for fucking fair play.

PP are useful because I can go pure WYSIWYG and run through some story battles for fun.

If a rando shows up and wants a PP battle that isn't a story-match then I will be suspicious and ask for a point battle.

Simple as that.
>>
>>53753631
Overcharged plasma is almost a good as melta , and the officers let him reroll 1s
>>
>>53753586
>Single conscript blob with single commissar and no officer

Really?
>>
Okay guys I have a question. Is tabletop simulator worth it? Is it possible to find people to play with on it? I'm not talking doing a game with my friends, I'm saying can i find people through table top simulator and does the damn thing actually work?
>>
>>53753645
Why do you say that?

Reapers are beasts for covered objective camping and spears and spiders- while expensive- are awesome.
>>
>>53753631
I think the 30x plasma should be sufficient but idk
>>
>>53753699
Yeah, go for it.
>>
>>53753613
I played with 2 squads of 40 conscripts and bobby g yesterday. Even with frfsrf, I was luck to take out a couple marines.
>>
cons don't do great in melee, since you're more than likely ordering them to FRSR you're not worried about fixing bayonets, then if you do get charged you're using your order on them next turn to get them back in the fight, it's really easy for them to get desynched, and not in the good iceclimbers way
>>
>>53753409
ugly unbased orks with unpainted models, half painted guardsmen in disgusting movement trays, baneblade sticking out like a motherfucker unprimed.

am I the only one who refuses to play against unpainted armies?
>>
>>53753696
He said it's for wrapping the HWTs up, why bother with orders if it's just bubblewrap
>>
>>53752700

The issue is that unless specifically stated aura buffs don't work if the buffing model is in a transport.

So in order for your transports to benefit from Succumbs or Haemonculus buffs, the subb/haemmy has to be outside of the transport first. Ehhh...
>>
>>53753353
Many armies have enough models they can wrap all around their characters to stop you doing that.
>>
>>53753735

Yes.
>>
>>53753735
Most of the orks actually look painted. It's just that one battlewagon.
>>
>>53753676
Eh, I did the math on them. Everyone kinda came to the same conclusions pretty quickly because the numbers are all straight forward and easy to calculate.
>>
>>53753735
Painting like shit ruins the minis. Grey is better than playing against a poop horde.
>>
>>53753750
Relevant the turn they both charge.
>>
>>53751847
How about allowing chaos aspiring champions to buy a Combi weapon and a special melee weapon again so this dude is legal
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Chaos-Space-Marines-Aspiring-Champion?_requestid=595151
>>
>>53753743

But why bother with mortar HWT at all?
The taurox shred infantry already.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>53753729
Yup, just like last edition they are of questionable viability, actually the running joke was "but guys on the internet said this was good" between me and my opponent all game, don't get me wrong, a good conscript blob always is a nice way of making sure your backline guns stay unklawed
On a different note it was a good haul as I got a squad of ten squats, and 2 badly painted five man squads of death company and sanguinary guard along with an old captain and a bunch of jump pack sprues for $13 from the bargain bin, so that was a cool way to end the day
>>
>>53753586
spam/10

this too>>53753676

Just looks boring, the list doesn't have any personality, so much the only thing to critique is the lack of flexibility between the spammed mortars and gatling taurox
>>
>>53753750
For the Haemonculus, you want him out and buffing the Talos anyways. So now he's buffing your transports during the early turns when it's being shot at.
Since characters can't be shot at outside of snipers, the loss is only in speed, which for the haemonculus when you pull off the speedy engage, you've already gotten the benefit off the T+1
>>
>>53753586
Are you really going to buy , assemble and paint 6 tauroxes , won't you be sick of it after 2 or 3?
>>
>>53753586

Are the primes footslogging? cause the tauroxes are full
>>
>>53753787
painting like shit ruins the minis but not painting at all ruins the game. but honestly I wouldn't play a guy with a shittily painted army more than once because I like my games to actually look good.
>>
File: 1479319632242.jpg (130KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479319632242.jpg
130KB, 1000x1200px
>>53751783
im planning on getting 60 in total seems safe altho im doing snakebites so all 60 will probobly be slugga choppa with a handy pack of 30 gretshin for dakka dakka.

>choppin' for da boyz
>shootin' for da grots
>>
File: 1497221396853.jpg (159KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1497221396853.jpg
159KB, 645x773px
>>53751801
if dubs, traps are gay
>>
>>53753735
His army was totally painted other than that one wagon, I've got about half my guard painted but I've never had a game where I needed all 150 so I did fall a bit behind, also yeah the baneblade will be a beast to paint, not attempting that till I'm in the mood for it, luckily everyone at the shop is unautistic enough to understand not everyone has infinite time to paint and they appreciate I at least can show some progress every time I play them
>>
>>53753805
I mostly just wanted cheap units to meet the 50% threshold
>>
>>53753782
Just a warning. Chapter Approved is almost certainly going to jack up the points on those Taurox Primes. In fact given this is mostly a list of just supposed "power models" Just you could see just about your whole damned list shoot up in price. Certainly a danger of spam unless you're made of money and don't mind.
>>
>>53752073
Why not just take 2 units of 5 and put them in a rhino to ensure rapid fire range
>>
>>53753812

Ran 150 conscripts in a 1500pt game vs dark angels this week

The were beastly, survived shooting and charge from bike knights (with heavy losses), annihilated them in the following turn with autocannon support, then proceeded to clean the table from tacticals.
>>
>>53753735
When's the last time you refused a game because their army was unpainted anon?
>>
>>53753574
He actually was winning by one point before he failed "da jump" and lost his last model on the last turn to my last few shots, was a close one
>>
Is there a listbuilder available for 8th? Working with the indexes is extremely frustrating.
>>
>>53753812
IG infantry works best as extra wounds for heavy weapons for me. 6 squads with heavy bolters and some commanders have been way more worthwhile than conscripts.
>>
>>53753923
Not complete no.
>>
>>53753923
If you print out the points pages and equipment list page for your army it's pretty easy.
>>
>>53753847
We'll you have fun and do you buddy. I don't really care which direction my opponent goes. I got in for the painting. But I'll take any chance to lay the hammer of the Emperor down on heretics.
>>
>>53753932

My 1500 list had 450pt of conscripts, 350ish points of officers, rest HWTs, worked great.

Only conscripts is a meme, but 25-40% of your point total in conscripts is fantastic.
>>
File: CSM.png (243KB, 879x869px) Image search: [Google]
CSM.png
243KB, 879x869px
Will I have a bad time with this list?
>>
>>53753985
>Only conscripts is a meme, but 25-40% of your point total in conscripts is fantastic.
More than fantastic, it's going to be the top tournament meta until we see some sort of balance patch.

I'm expecting mortars to go up 1 or 2 points and conscripts will either go up a point or be errata'd so they cannot use Orders.
>>
>>53753985
Wish I had the cash such a project.
>>
File: pointsspread.jpg (59KB, 538x726px) Image search: [Google]
pointsspread.jpg
59KB, 538x726px
>>53753951
I just made up a spreadsheet that reduces flipping around, just hoped there was something for my other factions.
>>
File: HWT.png (45KB, 818x347px) Image search: [Google]
HWT.png
45KB, 818x347px
>>53754002

Heavy bolter outperforms mortar point per point on everything but the lighter targets, and are kinda close on those.
>>
>>53753735
yes

but i wont play unless my models are painted
>>
>>53754028
Heavy bolters have less range and require LoS.
>>
>>53753985
>450 pts of conscripts
>150 models
Let's see em
>>
>>53753876
yeah that's definitely a worry. Also why I haven't spent $300 on Cadians. I should probably close excel and just buy shit that looks cool
>>
>>53754058

Proxied about 70, already placed an order for 100.
>>
Anyone play patrol level games? I like to many armies to commit to one army. Seems like every month I buy something random because I think it looks cool. Bought a bane blade with my tax returns even though I would have to use all my imperial stuff before I had a army big enough to warrant adding it to a list.
>>
>>53754028
I need to learn excel
>>
>>53754028
Mind sharing the spreadsheet with the calculations? would be much easier to plug in the units I've been meaning to test, rather than making a new spreadsheet myself.
>>
>>53754085
Chaos cultist for me, call them penal legion.
>>
>>53753670

Usually a partnership. I mean Inquisitors usually have their own specialties, Xenos, Heretics, Daemons... But they are out there hunting their preferred prey and when they spot it, but can't deal with it with their own local resources, they call in the Chamber Militants to deal with it.

I mean, Deathwatch hunts Xenos, Sisters hunt Heretics, and Grey Knight hunt Daemons. An Inquisitor has found some to hunt, so they all go hunting together. High-Clout (for lack of official ranking) Inquisitors can oftentimes request their assistance directly, or take charge of an investigation or campaign, but the Chamber Militants seem the much more independent when it comes to protracted campaigns.
>>
>>53752946
I don't see what the point of them is if they fail to compare accurately how powerful a unit is.
>>
>>53752813
>orks beat gk

Is this supposed to be surprising?

If you want to see how broken power points actually can be look at units that summon. You don't have the buy any models that spawn from Pink Horror deaths, for example, and they split into 4 other models. And you gain d6 pinks every time you roll a 1 on morale.
>>
>>53754126

Because power points are for children who are just going to take whatever they built the model to have. Anyone who attempts to play power points with any degree of legitmacy is fooling themselves.
>>
>>53754126
I think they are really good for a quick pick up game. It's impossible to just do points in your head any more so just going "Hey want a quick 50/75/100 power game?" is way easier than getting out the paper and a calculator with points.

My first points game was 50vs50, and my opponent felt like I had much more since I took max upgrades on gaunts with devourers vs his necrons. We totalled up the actual points and I was at 1042 to his 1049. Power level seems pretty decent as an alternative for casual games.
>>
>>53754159
>>53754180

I don't think PL is supposed to be for serious games.
>>
>>53752813
Power levels aren't broken, your friend is just dumb. He brought 2 support units in a 4 unit game and spent 12 PL for them. For 11 PL, he could had have a fully armed Dreadknight instead.
>>
>>53754116
Thanks.
>>
>>53753409
I also did a game with 100 conscripts today

Ran up against 10 sisters of silence with flamers. Killed them eventually in melee after overwatch roasted my dudes
The other group of 50 slammed into a rhino, got hit by death cult assassins, lost 20 guys, proceeded to down the 6 assassins, whatever the named female inquisitor is, and 6 acolytes before being finally finished off by cotez.

Other group of guardsmen beat a callidus assassin while trying to beat down cotez.

Both units shooting a rhino without max rapid fire time (only about 60 were in range) took the rhino down 8 wounds.

Lost my commisar early, had to use command points once to pass morale.

So 300 points of conscripts killed 6 deathcult, 10 flamer sisters of silence, named inquisitor chick, 6 acolyes and callidus assassin. Only got one round of shooting off. Rest was melee with priest support
>>
>>53752813
Have you actually totalled up the real points both of you used?
>>53754195
I don't think anyone says it is, but for casual pick up games it's fine. I barely trust some people in my shop with math in 7th, god forbid 8th where they somehow are 400 points over.
>>
>>53754212
You roll way better than me
>>
File: Craftworlds - 2000pts (1).jpg (656KB, 1800x2053px) Image search: [Google]
Craftworlds - 2000pts (1).jpg
656KB, 1800x2053px
Thoughts on the following (made some tweaks from last general).
>>
>>53753066
You have to spend 30 hours painting before you can play your first game.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>53753735
nope

tards who cant put the effort in and hobby should go play x-wing
>>
>>53754243

Why? Or will you not play with unpainted models.
>>
>>53754228
Just emphasizing. Occasionally we get an asshole that crys that everyone who uses PL is the worst kind of human being.

I have only played PL since the leaks and it has been fine.
>>
>>53754180
Nid anon how'd you do against crons? What were your armies consisted of?
I'm going to be playing against crons a majority of games
>>
>>53754257
It's mostly my fault, Skitarii are so fiddly that I want to paint the parts separately.

I have a mostly unpainted Start Collecting box and that's it.
>>
>>53754201

Well, it can be whatever you want. And it makes for good conflict when the Chamber Militant is chafing under the orders of an Inquisitor who is pushing them around like he has more clout than he does.
>>
>>53754180
The issue here is for a pick up game, i would want to play as fair as possible to ensure my opponent had fun so I could get futures games. No use an inaccurate point system to speed things up for now reason and end up wasting two hours.

You just show up with a few take all comes lists in mind. That way there is no points fiddling or list tailoring.
>>
File: 158.png (15KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
15KB, 447x378px
>3 manticores w/ heavy bolter: 399

>6D6 Str 10 AP -2 damage D3 shots at 120" range, ignoring LOS.
>hits on 4+ rerolling 1's with a master of ordnance
>will reliably kill 4 terminators a turn, from turn 1 or put 8.33 wounds on any 3+ save vehicle per turn for 4 turns.

God damn.
>>
>>53754277

Totally understand - I did that for my own AdMech stuff but I had another army I played during the process so it was a little different.
>>
>>53754293
Yea, i was just wondering how much pressure could The Inquisition actually put on the GK, and likewise, how much could they get away with.
>>
>>53754254
I don't doubt you, but mind posting pics of your armies? I'm always curious
>>
>>53754081
What I'd recommend is buying a few of the really efficient models and mix them in with the other stuff. You don't need to go whole hog day one.
>>
>>53754269
My 50 PL was:
2 hive tyrants walking with H venom cannons
1 Tervigon
2 units of 20 termagants with devourers
3 warriors rending claws deathspitters

His was:
Lord
Destroyer
2 units of 20 warriors
10 flayed ones
10 immortals

We played match play rules so no summoning new stuff outside reinforcing gaunt squads, no multiple of the same psychic power, but no command points yet.

The guy was pretty retarded. He deployed the warriors in the open around the lord, and immortals+destroyer in cover. He gave me first, I just killed the destroyer and advanced, getting the warriors and one unit of gaunts in cover. He popped up the flayed ones but failed a charge, and killed some of the cover gaunts and the warriors. My turn I reinfoced the depleted gaunts to full, and shot one unit at warriors, killed 15 because he whiffed saves (rest ran), and shot the other unit at flayed ones killing 9. Psykers were spamming smite to their heart's content. Rest of the game I just walked into combat and steamrolled him.

Overall he really didn't have much anti-big stuff and had shit for target priority. WBB is actually solid now though. Tervigons seem pretty cool again and punish not wiping gaunt squads HARD. Probably going to get some venomthropes for more annoying fuckery like I did in 5th.

>>53754365
Well my area is hyper casual, so super uneven PL games won't be an issue I think.
>>
>>53753699
There are discords for it if you look hard enough. Some of my friends ask for help on rulings there from time to time, and we used to play HoR kill team and whatever discord that was had an entire community with leagues for it on it.
>>
>>53754374

Manticore are beast, deal about the same amount of pain as equivalent points of HWT while requiring no LOS and hitting 2 tables away.

I just wish wyverns were as good, instead they deal as much damage as 1/3 their point cost in mortar and they don't even have the LoS edge.
>>
Has anyone been playing around with tau -without- large amounts of infantry? I haven't played in forever and I wanna get back into it, tryna decide between Tau and Eldar. I don't much enjoy fire warriors or kroot models but they seem really important now for screening those long range charges.
>>
>>53754527
Breachers are the shit if you're willing to risk charge range.
>>
>>53754374

Along this same line, I realized wyverns are pretty decent if you recognize that a squad of 3 costs about as much as an actual battle tank from any other army.

12D6 Str 4 rerolling 1's to hit and rerolling all wounds is pretty okay. About 5.25 marines dead per turn.

I have 3 griffon mortars so I think they'll just be used as wyverns until the IG FW book comes out.

>>53754497

Rejoice for Wyverns do not require LoS either.

Mortars are super cheap because they're extremely easy to kill, wyverns at least take more effort than they're really worth. Plus the rerolling all to wounds really helps the wyverns ability to kill marines.
Plus honestly, at $40 for 27 points of models, I'm, really not sure how viable it is to actually run 300 points worth of mortar HWTs.

300 points of mortars is just about 30 HWT bases and will kill about 9.7 marines per turn in exchange for being fairly fragile against ordinary small arms and $400+.
>>
>>53754374
>being able to reliably kill almost a minimum squad of terminators
>at near 400 points
This is a very strange thing to read considering a squad of termies could be wiped out by a 100 point squad of bikers last edition.
>>
>>53754527
You missed the none infantry edition of tau man4
>>
>>53754593
Is this the answer to conscripts?
>>
>>53754602

The two wounds per termie really makes them THICC against bolter fire these days.

Now you need 180 bolter shots to kill 5 termies in one go.

As it should be, termies really have to be dealt with by heavy guns or in melee with tier 2 power weapons.
>>
>>53754655
>tier 2 power weapons
What?
>>
File: Dread instructions.jpg (85KB, 509x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dread instructions.jpg
85KB, 509x800px
Anyone got any advice for assembling the venerable dread? I'm at the very first part where you put together the chassis and the two pieces that the arms connect to don't seem to fit where they're supposed to go.
>>
I wish the Batallion detachment didn't require two HQs. I don't think it'd feel right running two Magos Dominii in the same army.
>>
Is conscript horde the new riptide wing?
>>
>>53754668
Thunder hammers, lightning claws etc
>>
File: transfers make me wanna suicide.jpg (350KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
transfers make me wanna suicide.jpg
350KB, 2000x1500px
>>53754408
only picture I have of multiple models
>>
>>53754668

Tier 1 are your swords, staves and axes

Tier 2 are fists, hammers, claws or whatever your faction equivalent is.

Force weapons are sort of Tier 1.5-1.75

>>53754644

Equal points of mortars will beat equal points of conscripts every game.

Except 500 conscripts can actually fit in a deployment zone and I'm not sure 166 HWT's can.
>>
>>53754698
I always considered power fists to be T1 considering how hammers are T2 and objectively better.
>>
>>53754673

Can you think of any other imperial HQ you'd like to take.

>>53754671

I bet $10 you're holding them upside down.
>>
>>53754675
No, buying a conscript army is way too expensive. It will take forever to play that army as well. It's great in theory. At most you might see 2 blobs.
>>
>>53754671
Pictures
>>
>>53754718

Hammers are objectively better than fists but fists are the lowest end of T2 as they're the first jump in price from normal power weapons.
>>
>>53752923
Heeelllooo
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-11-20-56-02.png (130KB, 611x673px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-11-20-56-02.png
130KB, 611x673px
>the formula for save rolls is 700+ characters
>the wounds formula is at least twice as long
I really need to condense these things
>>
>>53754726
Just get some movement trays, besides the two blobs should be plenty potatoes for your meaty tanks.
>>
How are basilisks looking this edition? 2d6 or what?
>>
>>53754723
Not really, I'd've said Enginseer but he's an Elite now. I want to run pure AdMech but the only other HQ is Cawl.
>>
>>53754775
I prefer infantry squads. All my soldiers want to be there!
>>
Under the new detachment rules, I can include any Imperium unit in any Imperium army, so long as it fits within the requisite slots, right? So I could stick a squad of terminators in an IG list, or a vindicator in a marines list?
>>
>>53754775

2 blobs of 50 conscripts with a commissar and orders will be quite good but not complete and utter bullshit. I would be fine playing against it.

>>53754790

Heavy 2D6 take highest, Str 9 AP -2 Damage D3, ignores line of sight.

No more minimum range.

They're 108 points a pop which makes 3 basilisk about as expensive as a land raider and able to put some very respectable damage down on the table every turn.

AKA they're ok
>>
File: Pieces won't fit boss.png (2MB, 927x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Pieces won't fit boss.png
2MB, 927x1553px
>>53754733
Firstly it seems that they don't follow a similar angle to the rest of the chassis. Also, the little bit of plastic at the bottom seems to get in the way. It's really bad in the one I didn't glue in.
>>
>>53754790

Also Manticores are objectively better for the first 4 turns of the game and then are literally just heavy bolters. Basilisks in a corner behind cover with some bubble wrap can last the whole game and keep putting out damage.

The basilisk is 25 points cheaper and over 6 turns does more damage. So there's a trade off involved.
>>
>>53754844
Heavy 2d6 take the highest? Thats fucking shit. Large blast was way better. So at most it can kill 6 targets?
>>
>>53754865
Are you retarded bro
>>
>>53754893
Yeah, and you still need to roll to hit on a 4+ also.
>>
>>53754893

They aren't horde killers anymore, they fuck up vehicles and they do it from turn 1.

They're also really, really fucking cheap for vehicles. 108 points is a pittance

>>53754908

Master of ordnance helps with that a bit.
>>
>>53754822
Yes.
>>
>>53754822
Yup!
>>
>>53754865
Looks like you didn't slot them in
Side pieces should be a bit further 'up' and in.
Are you putting the sides on first?
The top and front should basically slot over them.
>>
>>53754893
New to 8th? Old blasts are generally weaker against anything but max coherency hordes but stronger vs. single targets.
>>
>>53754865

Those ridges should go behind the front armour, something has gone wrong when you've glue the sides to the back. I would rip it apart and glue the sides to the front armour first.
>>
>>53754760
That looks so fancy!
>>
>>53754865
The tabs on the bottom of the sides go on the inside.
>>
>>53751603
This is why you don't make a thread too soon, this one is going to fall off before the fucking previous one does.
>>
>>53754893

It was better *if it hit*.
Blasts had a habit of scattering off the target and getting no hits.
>>
>>53754943
What IS designed for horde killing now?
>>
>>53755019
Conscripts
>>
>>53755019
Dedicated flamer squads I guess.
>>
File: dread.jpg (250KB, 1470x1236px) Image search: [Google]
dread.jpg
250KB, 1470x1236px
>>53754865
>>53754940
Here's what it should be looking like
>>
>>53751827
Tyranids
>>
>>53754893

>Thats fucking shit.

All weapons that were blasts or templates are now.

It's just about made any LOW that had them before a "why bother?" choice.

Also kind of made artillery less than idea, bordering or worthless according to some.
>>
File: 1496857217927.jpg (34KB, 400x698px) Image search: [Google]
1496857217927.jpg
34KB, 400x698px
>>53752729
>>53752672
Gotcha. You see, I am not really familiar with the army overall, aside from sone generalizations from 7th. From what I remember, Archons were pretty adaptable, and Scourges were quick moving heavy weapon platforms.

Basically, with about a 215$ budget and a 20% discount, what would you recommend a new player to pick up?
>>
>>53755019
Machine guns. Cannons kill tanks, machine guns kill infantry.
>>
File: Dishonor.jpg (128KB, 690x598px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonor.jpg
128KB, 690x598px
>>53754900
Now that I figured it out I kinda do.

>>53754940
>>53754945
>>53754969
I took it apart and tried the sides first. Low and behold it actually fits. Thanks guys!
>>
>>53754865
Remove the lower part and slot those arms in, the base of the body should be placed last.
>>
>>53755050
>shadowsoword is heavy D6, but str 16 -4 and 2D6 wounds
>>
>>53755019
Small arms, Heavy Bolters, Frag Missiles/Mortars, the Taurox and Punisher Gatling Cannons, Assault.
>>
>>53755069
do feel that way*

Man it's just been one of those days.
>>
Combi-flamer, flamer and heavy flamer are worthless against blobs of 5+ models like orks or guardsmen

Even having all three in a squad is luck luster.

Hell 2 heavy flamers are worthless too. They work better at wounding single models with multi wounds than infantery
>>
>>53755019

Small arms, heavy bolters.

>>53755084

Goes to 3+ against titanic models and rerolls all wounds against them too, its why its the only baneblade chassis vehicle thats actually *good* instead of usable.

The baneblade too would probably be fine if it could fucking move and shoot with no penalty.
>>
>>53754696
thumbnail makes it look like the guy on the far right is holding a lightsaber. I was disappointed.
>>
>>53755134
But you can shoot while in combat, and even have pretty good combat attacks to boot.
>>
File: 1497103555255.png (81KB, 618x457px) Image search: [Google]
1497103555255.png
81KB, 618x457px
Melee knight, dakka knight or mixed knight?
>>
Is there anything limiting how many psyker powers/denies can be used per turn or will Grey Knights just be the Smite Squad?
>>
>>53753642

A squad of 10 would probably inflict an average about 25 unsaved wounds if they got the charge.
>>
>>53755204

Frankly there's little reason for a baneblade to even leave your deployment zone edge in this edition.

Four sponsons are expensive but it becomes a castle with an absurd amount of guns, especially if you hide a primaris psyker behind it to give it a 2+ save.
>>
How does melee work?
It feels odd.

You charge everything you can charge within 13".
Overwatch everyone that can
Then move another 3" and lock more shit you didn't charge into combat? Before the fight start.
Then another 3" for consolidation

Please tell me I'm reading this rules horroribly
>>
>>53755125
wrong
>>
>>53755236
Mixed or dakka, depends on the comp of the rest of your army. There are some damage calculations done for Knight weapons on the math-hammer sheet.
>>
>>53754760
You're doing good work anon.
>>
>>53755047
I doubt it, I think he plays chaos
>>
>>53755283

I'm not exactly getting whats outrageous about this.

You finish all the movement/overwatch for one charge before moving onto the next

And yeah if you get a dude stuck within 1" of an enemy unit after consolidation, you pull them in too. Don't blob up your gunline and you should be fine.
>>
>>53751783
I've got about 70 boyz and will be doing dread mob. Already had 6 kanz and 2 deff dreads. So those becoming good again along with morkanauts being useful is like my dream.
>>
>>53755240
Matched play restricts to one per unique name being cast each turn aside from smite. remember GK smite is only 1 mortal and 12" range so it's not too busted.
>>
>>53755314
Hard to do it with 60+ melee models heading your way at 1000 points. Specially if the fuckers have 5++, 6+ feel no pain like thing, thanks to bubble powers.
>>
>>53755355

Gonna need more dakka m8, stock up on those taurox.
>>
>>53755283
I think that your charge and pile in moves can't come within 1 inch of enemy units that you didn't declare the charge on. So before the fight phase you can only engage with units that got a chance to overwatch. Seems you can consolidate into that 1 inch range at the end of fight and avoid overwatch though.
>>
>>53753552
Anyone
>>
>>53755403
It's the pile in part that confuses me.

It happens before the fight and the consolidate.
>>
>>53753552
Combine with Scything Talons to rip through hordes. 6 attacks hitting on a 2+ rerolling per guy.
>>
>>53755416
Red terror is very boring but cheap, ravenors are ok but seem worse than a trygon as the trygon can take the +1" to charge thing and can just bring another unit along with right away.
>>
>>53755380
Now for SoB?

PE where so disappointing. They melt to infantery and shooting. Unless they face other dread or tanks and some how survive shooting.
>>
>>53755446
Like he said, Tauroxes. You're all one big happy imperial family now.
>>
File: 21febc228d6c62b991a35ee8deda0c21.jpg (563KB, 1000x1230px) Image search: [Google]
21febc228d6c62b991a35ee8deda0c21.jpg
563KB, 1000x1230px
>>53755060
I'd recommend a Start Collecting box ($85), a Gangs of Commoragh Box($60), and a Kabalite Skysplinter box ($55). After that get whatever you favor as heavy support, either two boxes of Scourges($50), a Ravager($50), or a Razorwing Jetfighter($46).

If you don't mind going a bit over you can upgrade the skysplinter to a second start collecting box to get a second HQ and some more Reavers. If you don't like the Hellions or that many Reavers then replace the Gangs box with a Skysplinter box or a box of Witches and a Raider if you didn't upgrade the skysplinter to a start collecting. You get a discount if you buy your Raiders with Kabalites though.

Sadly there's no great place to put an Archon on the cheap. I'd just give him a blaster and put him in one of the Raiders instead of one of the kabalites.
>>
>>53755475
Why would I want Taurox if I can't even transport my girls inside them. Hell I don't even play Guard
>>
>>53755502
Not him, but I impulse bought a copy of Gangs that my local GW randomly restocked with. The blackshirt even said he didn't order the 2 he recieved. I feel disgusted with myself, but it's a good disgust because I got $130 worth of models for $60.
>>
>>53755446
>Now for SoB?
Squads of HB Rets + Acts of Faith. You also don't get to prevent CC entirely in 8th. It WILL happen. So plan for it either with screening units to give you extra shooting turns or CC units of your own.
>>
>>53755576
Too bad PE and Repentias are rather bad still.

PE was so sad at least in 7th you had a 6++ this guys just melt now to everything
>>
>>53755607

Unless you're getting hit with AP-3 you still get at least a 6+ save on PEs.
>>
File: IMG_4158.png (597KB, 850x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4158.png
597KB, 850x706px
How many wounds do Vanguard do on average against MEQ?
>>
>>53755607
How will 20 seraphim + Celestia fair? It's what I got, and not much "changing" to be had...
>>
>>53755652

Replace some Seraphim with 4 more Celestias.
>>
>>53755403
You can pile in against units you didn't declare a charge against and engage them, however, you cannot target them with attacks if you didn't declare a charge against them.
>>
>>53755576
To add. HB Rets on foot are the absolute best thing you can be doing with Acts of Faith in early turns and they are stupid cheap at 19 points per. I think every Sisters army should have three squads minimum.
>>
>>53755621
I learn something with them. That T6 and W7 only look good in paper. The amount of things that can do 1+ damage is impressive.

129 is way too much for a rather slow model.

In power points they are rather good since they don't eat that much points
>>
>>53755667

Heavy flamers are really oddly priced honestly.

100 point penitent engines would probably be fine.
>>
>>53755660
That is going to be hard for SoB players

We have been playing with:
2-6 BSS with 3 flame weapon in immolator
2-3 dominos with 4 melta weapons in represor/immolator
0-1 seraphim of 5-8 models
0-3 Exorcist
0-1 Ret with HB

For at least a decade. We never had to buy much past that for many editions. Maybe some extra girls for blobs in 4th if I recall.
>>
File: .jpg (265KB, 1800x824px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
265KB, 1800x824px
Is it any good?
>>
>>53755700
Flames feel like they priced them as if they always had 6 shots.

Maybe then 17 points for a range 8" S5 Ap-1 D1 would make sense.

Hell back in 7th it was 10 for one and it was a Template that most of the time got you 3+ models
>>
What builder are you guys usually using?
>>
>>53752906
They are so cool. I picked up a squad and some Plasma Guns to be a Vet squad, but I'm thinking of using them as my infantry squads now and using my Cadians as Conscripts.
>>
>>53753643
An Ark is a damned great thing to have.
>>
File: 1495919845262.png (374KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1495919845262.png
374KB, 520x853px
Am I the only one who thinks the new blasts make more sense realistically than the old ones?

Think about it. The main cannon of a tank is lined up too high to hit infantry at short to medium range unless terrain heavily favors you. That's why most MBTs have machine guns on them. The main gun has always been meant to bring down fortifications so that infantry can pour in through the breach, or to deal with other tanks. Artillery has the same function over longer ranges, while also being highly innacurate. This is why artillery bombardments tend to last from days to weeks in real life. However a direct hit will definetly fuck up whatever it falls on.

Discuss.
>>
File: IMG_3482.jpg (225KB, 1085x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3482.jpg
225KB, 1085x607px
>>53755754
Excel?
>>
File: 2014-04-08.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-08.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>53755754
calc.exe and notepad
>>
>>53755660
haha lol
>>53755701
This. This so much.

People making suggestions for SoB players don't understand. We are inflexible. Our armies are nearly set. We can buy some shit yeah. We will have to do so....

Except; Sisters with Heavy Bolters are out of stock online. Very few Sisters players have more than a handful available.

Converting Sisters to Heavy Bolters really isn't that do-able either....

Even if they were in stock? 14 USD a model. PER. MODEL.

"3 squads" would run us a good $200 or more.

TLDR: Sisters of Battle players are going to have to make do with meltas, flamers, and bolters.
>>
>>53755425
you know pile in happened before right?
you did it right before you attacked back in 7th.
You do that in 8th too. The only thing that changed is the order in which have units attack.
>>
>>53755756

They're still genuine pewter and now only cost $5 more than the plastic cadian box, there's almost no reason not to start building vostroyans.
>>
>>53755773
Blast and templates are all over the place.

Flamers got very odd in function and price
>>
>>53755754
pen and paper
>>
>>53755786
The aeasiest thing to do is turn heavy flamers or MM into heavy bolter sisters. You cna fit some of the space marine plastic ones one with some work. :/
>>
>>53755789

Oh and don't forget every single Vostroyan squad comes with a heavy bolter team which is actually a pretty god damn good loadout in 8th now too.
>>
>>53755784
>You came to the wrong sept Gue'la.
>>
>>53752969
>Whilst using units that are made to eat terminators alive
>>
>>53755793
I dont understand why they don't ignore cover anymore. They were created to deal with foxholes, trenches and pillboxes after all.
>>
>>53755788
You can get a 17 charge with how charge and pile in works. That is why I ask if I can hit the guys I didn't declare a charge and lock in combat with the pile in
>>
>>53752991
I like it, one piece of critique, use some masking tape to get the lines straight on those beige markings on the castellans if you want to
>>
>>53755773
resolving blasts could take forever, and lead to disagreements over what was covered. Resolving a unit of 5 frag missiles could take 10 minutes just to determine hits.

They also added time in the movement phase because the correct move was to always keep your models at max coherency, so you were carefully measuring each models movement and placing.
>>
>>53755019

Other hordes.
>>
>>53755825
Even if they did they are AP 0 or AP-1 for the heavy flamer
>>
File: painted so far.jpg (326KB, 1552x568px) Image search: [Google]
painted so far.jpg
326KB, 1552x568px
>>53755789
>>53755809
Why are you doing this to me, I have such a backlog, but now I want more. I'm going to die.

I want to do Vostroyans pretty bad as the infantry squads and you're helping fuel that desire, but they are really involved in terms of painting. Doing 30 Vostroyans will be a tall order considering doing 30 Cadians and 30 Catachans already took a toll on me.

>Oh and don't forget every single Vostroyan squad comes with a heavy bolter team
And yes I have 3 Plasma Guns too which is what I wanted to field with the infantry squads. Heavy Bolter and Plasma Gun. I can use the 30 Cadians and 30 Catachans as Conscripts and have 30 Vostroyans as Infantry.

Fuck it, time to do it.
>>
>>53755808
I guess... but at this point? I'm just going to bring some Marine Devestators with Heavy Bolters. Cheaper. Easily used as a separate detachment or using <<Imperium>>
>>
>>53755438
Made a list with trygon prime, devilgants, Red Terror and 2x6 raveners with bonefists along with swarmlord/genestealers and hiveguard but I'm not sure if I can really depend on having that much frontline. Red Terror and raveners are both movement 12 so I'm not worried about whiffing charges
>>
Are there any rules against utilizing Lords of Rule in standard 8th edition games? I'm not seeing anything.
>>
Should I put all my Berzerkers in Rhinos or just footslog several 20-man squads across the board?
>>
>>53755826
>12 inch charge, 3 inch pile in
>17 inches
???
you pile into the closest model. You could move charge 12 inchs and pile in 3 inches in the old rules too. So 15" was the same before.

If you lock the other unit into combat, they get to attack and you don't.
>>
>>53755846

Just add them one squad at a time. You don't have to worry about platoons anymore so throwing in one infantry squad at a time (or shit, make them veterans, why not?) isn't a big deal.
>>
>>53755826
you can't, theres a line that states you can only target units you declared as targets of the charge.
>>
>>53755870
That's true. I'll paint up the 10 I have and add them slowly. Thanks encouraging anon.
>>
>>53755883

No worries anon, I am living vicariously through you as I want vostroyans but have zero money for them currently.
>>
>>53755861
12" charge 1" range from melee, 3" from pile in and then another 1" from melee range.

Yes it is clunky, but you can lock multiple things in melee. Even if they hit you. The idea is to lock non melee units
>>
>>53755872
no, you can only end within 1" during the charge. During Pile in you can break this, but you must move towards the closest model.

Basically if you're opponent has another unit right behind the one you charged, you can get within 1" while moving towards the closest model.
>>
>>53755898
>1" from melee range counted twice.
umm, what?
you can attack from 1" out, but that doesn't stack.
>>
>>53755883
>>53755846

Oh and by the way a vostroyan lascannon HWT squad is only $11 more than a cadian one.

Go nuts.
>>
>>53755916
Move 12"
1" range of melee
Move another 3"
1" melee range for another squad that you didn't charge but was close enough for the pile in.

Odd and probably won't happen in friendly games, just in Waacfag situations
>>
>>53755774
Care to share your sheet?
>>
>>53753990
I recommend dropping out one special weapon from your havoc squads and plowing those points into more basic bitch guys in the squad. You'll be able to split off their bolter fire at the appropriate target, and when the unit gets hit by non-wipeout levels of shooting you won't lose any special weapons because you can allocate the wounds to the bolter shitters.
>>
>>53755938
What are the best shooty nids to deepstrike in with tyranocites and trygons?
>>
>>53755926
Definitely. I did manage to grab one. I was thinking 3 Plasma Guns and 1 Lascannon as a Veteran squad pre-8th leaks. Just after seeing them, the new infantry rules and vet rules and I thought they'd look great as infantry squads.
>>
>>53755937
that doesn't give you the second 1".
You needed to be 16 inches from the second squad.

You move 12", the 1" circle around you touches the unit charged. You pile in 3", that 1" circle is still just one 1" but moved with the model 3". So the front of that circle moved 15" with the model, so can touch a model 16" from the front of the charging model.
>>
>>53755977
also, that model that moved 12" to end up 1" from the charged model, needs to pile in towards the closest model, so that's the on within 1", so he's moving 1", maybe he can touch the side of the model for like 1.5".
>>
>>53755977
Point taken.

Still 16" potencial lock of models is going to be a bitch. Specially with re-roll
>>
File: 8th Fight Rule.png (176KB, 522x254px) Image search: [Google]
8th Fight Rule.png
176KB, 522x254px
>>53755900
You can put them there but you cant attack
>>
Onslaught states "that unit can charge this turn". Does that mean if there is another rule that prevents said unit from charging this turn, you can ignore that rule?

For instance, a Mawloc deep strikes within 3 inches of a dude, and then I cast Onslaught on it. Can the mawloc charge?
>>
>>53755786
>People making suggestions for SoB players don't understand. We are inflexible. Our armies are nearly set.

Why are you fucking even asking for suggestions then? For fucks sake...

>How can my SoB army that I don't want to change at all and haven't in ten years defeat this?

>Even if they were in stock? 14 USD a model. PER. MODEL. "3 squads" would run us a good $200 or more.

No shit. Sisters are expensive. This is pure whining.
>>
>>53755786
>haha lol
Just the truth man.
>>
>>53756048
I'm not the one asking... though I reckon it's cause people want a quick answer without reading the rules?
>>
>>53755786
Convert SoS with HB from devastators
>>
>>53755607
Penitent Engines are very strong.
>>
>>53756011
yep, but the point was just saying you can potentially get them locked into combat.
But that exposes you to extra attacks.

>>53756008
it's harder to pull off than you think.
They need to be able to charge a unit, get within 1" of that unit with at least one model with that 12" charge.
Then when moving their other models maintain coherency, and end up with a model within 4" of the other unit, but not closer to any models of the first unit.
Then after piling in still maintain coherency while only moving towards closest model, and no moving if they are touching a model.
Then the enemy has another unit they can attack with, but can't be attacked, and with models strung out at 2" inchs, at least one possibly more models who can't attack that charge.
>>
>>53756069
I guess I just have zero sympathy for Sisters players like this.
>>
>>53756084
Easier to do with orks as we discover by accident
>>
>>53755786
All kinds of shit is out of stock in GW's store.
>>
I've fought tyranids a few times now in 8th and each time I don't make a fucking dent

6 inch pile ins and consolidations on hormagaunts mean that your whole fucking army is engaged turn 2. And genestealers butcher tanks, let alone infantry. They don't really need any MCs, just genestealers and broodlords.

My shooting in my marines/guard list basically only does anything turn 1, and there's not enough of it for me to kill 150 models. As soon as they get their second turn and are engaging everything with gaunts while mobs of 20 genestealers with broodlords go for whatever's important. They killed my contemptor dreadnought without much problem, send in some termagants to stop it from overwatching. 16 genestealers with a broodlord are able to put out 8 rending wounds a turn. Wounding T7 vehicles on a 5+ doesn't mean shit, they still die.
>>
>>53756084
and that's getting exposed to an overwatch that you likely won't be able to engage. And as long as the unit isn't engaged it can keep overwatching.

More likely is charging a much closer unit, then being able to wrap around them on the charge, and creep into a unit behind them.
Don't leave slots open in your screen that let this happen.
>>
How do I use Gollygeeman? He's move 8 which is faster than most infantry but slower than most vehicles/bikes/jump units.

He can't use a transport, nor deepstrike. Do I just footslog him like a retard across the board with a bunch of other footslogging infantry?
>>
>>53756123
footslog in a huge blob
>>
>>53756123
Yes.
>>
>>53756121
Flamers. All the flamers.
>>
>>53756048
It is mostly a big fuck you to the army.

Nothing you have actually works as it should and the things you need to buy and fix the issue are not longer in sale.

When buying DK just to use them as conscript for waacfag looks cheaper, than trying to find and buy the 30 models to fix the issue. Is just sad
>>
>>53756123
Pretty much. I've found that an assault termie Gaurd does well. They're tanky enough to protect him until there across the field.
>>
>>53756161
I had flamers. You can't overwatch a pile in. He would just engage my flamer units without actually charging them.
>>
>>53756161
>charge from 8.1'' away
gg no re
>>
You can deep strike with pyrovores, shoot with their big, thick, 10 inch! flamers, and then charge with them all in the same turn.

Are pyrovores legit?
>>
>>53756162
Immo Sisters are still good. They're just not the whole damned army now.
>>
>>53756123

He only has to avoid being the closest model to not be targeted by any ranged attacks, just have him run behind your land raiders or rhinos.

Remember his chapter bonus works on vehicles, so a land raider or spartan rerolling all to hits and to wounds is fucking absurd when in front of guilliman.
>>
>>53756121
Got to stagger your defenses, and put expendable in front to absorb charges.
SM Mar going have a hard time finding cheap troops to fit the bill.

But if you've got IG you can ally in conscripts. Even without commissars, a 60pt squad or three should buy you a couple turns of shooting.

Most important is to spread Ibotta so they can't be multi assaulted. Remember, shit can't deep strike within 9, so you can leave almost 18 inches between units.
>>
>>53756092
It's not like they can just buy plastic models of SoB and convert them to the units they need.

They must hunt down sellers or recaster to get the models needed.
Go third party or make your own.

The solution is not simply buy the overprice models, because there isn't any models buy. So asking for a help with what they can already get and work with it is rathe reasonable
>>
>>53756168
>foot slogging assault terminators
They're M5 though. Assuming an average advance roll of 3, it's going to take you 3 turns just to cross the 24" no-mands land in the center of the table.
>>
>>53755502
My only problem with that, is that I'm not a big fan of Hellions what so ever; they are my least favorite unit. Alternatively, my favorite models are Scourges; I love their wings and heavy weapons.

So switch the gangs box with Wych's and a raider, get a sky splinter and a Start Collecting, and than 2 boxes of Scourges?

Any suggestions on load outs? And what kind of point/power level will this bring me to?
>>
>>53756162
>the things you need to buy and fix the issue are not longer in sale
That is true. But lots of armies have this problem. I cannot find a plastic Solitaire for sale on the Internet anywhere. GW needs to restock more often.
>>
is mephiston good now?
>>
>>53756233
Not as bad with SoB, you can still do a shit convertion with some plastic eldar models and solve the issue.

With them? They are fucked hard
>>
newthreadwhen
>>
File: hawks.jpg (105KB, 1502x845px) Image search: [Google]
hawks.jpg
105KB, 1502x845px
>>53756230
scourges are a crazy good value. You can typically fine them between $20-25
And so many extra bits. Wings body and legs for the scourges, but almost double the number of heads and arms.

Got them to be swooping hawks and now half my army is kitbashed from Deldar bits.
Was going with a Deldar influenced theme from the start as I wanted to be Il Kaithe anyways.
>>
>>53756240
Check out the calculations for him in bottom link of OP.
>>
File: Tyranids - 2000pts.jpg (763KB, 1800x2379px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 2000pts.jpg
763KB, 1800x2379px
>>53756121
>>53756161
>>53756203
This is the list I just fought btw

I had about 30 marines, 5 terminators, 20 guardsmen, a dreadnought, 2 tanks, 2 transports, and my 2 HQs.
>>
>>53753751
That's kind of what I anticipated, but I don't wanna have to add covens, and don't see another good way to deal with characters for Deldar. .
>>
Are loots rather broken?

17 points for BS 5+ S7 Ap -1 D2 and Heavy D3 for all the squad.

They can multi wound and infantry kill rather easily
>>
Riddle me this /tg/:

I can use 1 CP to reroll an armor save during one of my opponents phases, right? So like, during his shooting phase, he wounds my commisar and I fail a flak armor save, can I spend 1 cp and re-roll it??
>>
>>53756328
My understanding is regardless of whose turn it is, if you have to roll you can do it once per phase, yes.
>>
>>53756290
Looks like you just lacked the dakka to shoot them off, and throw away squads to buy time.
>>
>>53756348
cool, thanks anon
>>
>>53756218
Just teleport them in near whatever you want to charge. Even if you fail the initial charge, they're generally tough enough to live one turn and charge the next.
>>
>>53756350
Space marines literally can't have enough dakka and throwaway squads for this. I would have to build a list that was mostly guard, and I only own about 500 points worth.
>>
>>53756321
They bring about a bs 5+ autocannon for 17pts. They're crazy cheap. They're kind of fragile, but at the ppm, they don't have to be that tough.
>>
>>53756230
About 1000 points depending on wargear. You'll probably want anti-tank on the Scourges, Dark Lances/Heat Lances. And probably Lances on the Raiders too. Consider making the Wyches Bloodbrides if you want more points.
>>
>>53756361
>Space marines literally can't have enough dakka and throwaway squads for this
That's what it's beginning to look like in 8th.
>>
>>53756361
This. No number of frag missiles can put an end to that many nids, especially with how badly template have been nerfed.
>>
>>53756290
Lascannons to blap the MCs, and then LOTS of bolters and flamers for the dudes. I can see how that would overwhelm you, though. There are a lot of models. You might want to deploy your infantry outside their transports and use the transports to tie up the advancing hormagaunt squads so you can focus on gunning down the stealers and fexes.
>>
>>53756361

Its so odd that tactical marines and heavy bolter devastators/centurions are fucking mandatory now.
>>
>>53756423
I got one round of shooting into their MCs before my tanks with the lascannons were engaged.

With lascannons needing a 3+ to wound and stuff getting a 6+ save against them they didn't actually do very much during that one turn of shooting. The list has 2 TL lascannons, a missile launcher, a contemptor dreadnought with mutlimelta, and a leman russ with battle cannon + lascannon as my main ranged anti tank. My plasma cannon and plasmagun with the captain for rerolls can do it in a pinch too, and there's an autocannon in my guard infantry squad that was in a ruin holding an objective.

As for flamers, I had a chimer with 2 heavy bolters carrying 2 guard special weapon squads, 1 with 3 flamers and 1 with 2 grenade launchers and a demo charge. I also had a mortar, combi flamers in my tactical squads, and an assault squad with 2 flamers. A heavy flamer on my terminators too. It wasn't enough.
>>
>>53756361
There aren't a whole lot of armies that can.

I'm hoping vanilla marines drop to about 11 ppm.
>>
>>53756476
A mortar squad I mean, not just one mortar.
>>
>>53756476

>I got one round of shooting into their MCs before my tanks with the lascannons were engaged.

Did they deep strike or come in on your board edge or something? You should have been able to sit your predators in your deployment zone behind your marines and just plink.
>>
>>53756508
They used the 6 inch pile in and consolidation moves to wrap around my marines and engage stuff. As long as they end 0.0001 inches closer to the nearest enemy model that can go where they like.

But yes, he also had a trygon prime and genestealers deep strike into one of my predators.
>>
>>53756482
How do Tsons perform?

They're cheaper and the shooting is strong but they seem to struggle with hordes
>>
>>53756522
>Tsons
>cheaper than vanilla SM
>literally what dimension do you live in
>>
>>53756518

Well just remember you can have your marines 18" away from your predators on the table edge and make a very wide no-deep-strike zone.
>>
File: notroll.jpg (57KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
notroll.jpg
57KB, 1008x720px
Does anyone else think imperial knights are total faggotry
>>
>>53756556
No. Knights are fucking awesome. Their fluff is sweet as hell.
>>
Okay so my Space Wolf's are starting out with so far a Start Collecting Space Wolves
1 Wolf Lord (frost sword, or Axe)
1 Rune Priest

1 Blood Claw Pack Bolt pistol/chain sword with 1 special weapon.

1 3 man Thunder wolf cav...
1 Rhino for the Blood Claws.

Can anyone else think of something that is a must grab for my guys? I'd like to grab 2 Primarius Lt's and a Inctercessor squad and a hellblaster squad to round things out but I don't think those will be available right away. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>53756522
Never played them. On paper though, they're not going to do well against hordes.

20ppm means that for every squad your opponent is bringing 30 conscripts or 25 gaunts.

While the so ignoring most cheap things armor is nice, they seem better suited to trying to kill elite stuff.

They might be alright if you're willing to bring cultists or poxwalkers to stand in front of them.
>>
File: 278045802179851426-account_id=1.jpg (111KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
278045802179851426-account_id=1.jpg
111KB, 1280x960px
>>53756528
he said cheaper, as in than they used to be
>>
>>53756556

They're one of the few cool fluff additions of kirby era GW as they're essentially Bretonnians in space. They also job a lot in the fluff which really limits the wank put on them.

In 8th a knight army is going to be fighting an uphill battle the entire way, I don't hate them at all.
>>
File: 2339321834975499287-account_id=1.jpg (863KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2339321834975499287-account_id=1.jpg
863KB, 2048x1536px
>>53756556
yes kind of. I fight their lameness because I'm an old player and I don't want to be the complainer that things change
>>
>>53756528
I think he meant cheaper than they used to be. IDK, don't play chaos.
>>
File: Last Stand.jpg (174KB, 639x702px) Image search: [Google]
Last Stand.jpg
174KB, 639x702px
What do you think of my list lads? Bear in mind I'm not hyper competitive.

HQ
Space Marine Captain - 74
Master Crafted Bolter - 3
Power Fist - 20
= 97

Librarian in Terminator Armour - 145
Storm Bolter - 2
Force Axe - 16
= 163

Troops
10 Tactical Marines - 130
Combi-Plasma - 15
Plasmagun - 13
Missile Launcher - 25
Rhino Dedicated Transport - 70
Storm Bolter - 2
= 255

10 Tactical Marines - 130
Combi-Plasma - 15
Plasmagun - 13
Missile Launcher - 25
Rhino Dedicated Transport - 70
Storm Bolter - 2
= 255

Elites
10 Sternguard Veterans - 160
5 Special Issue Bolters - 15
4 Combi-Meltas - 76
Heavy Flamer - 17
= 268

5 Terminators - 130
4 Storm Bolters - 8
2 Power Fists - 40
2 Chain Fists - 44
Power Sword - 4
Assault Cannon - 21
= 247

Heavy Support
Predator - 102
Twin Lascannon - 50
2 Lascannons - 50
= 202

Vindicator - 160
Demolisher Cannon - 0
= 160

Land Raider Redeemer - 244
Twin Assault Cannon - 35
2 Flamestorm Cannons - 60
= 339

Total: 1986
>>
>>53756290
Use your high STR dakka on the Tyrant and the Trigon. All the other dakka on the genestealers. Be very careful with how you position your infantry.
>>
And I mean, frankly, I had 2 tactical squads and a guard infantry squad to basically cover my whole front. There was no way something wasn't getting through.

I had a jump pack captain with some vanguard on a flank to try and get around and go after the broodlord (ended up being thrown at the trygon when it showed up, they got splattered because of the stratagem that lets you interrupt charges)

A terminator librarian (Terribly overcosted model that's being replaced by Vaylund Cal when my forgeworld index arrives)

2 tactical squads
A guard squad
Suicide assault marine squad in a razorback with 2 flamers and an eviscerator
Suicide guard special weapon squads in a chimera
Cataphractii terminators (They were fucking champs, killed his hive tyrant and rolled up one of the hormagaunt units on the flank without losing a model, but that by itself wasn't enough)
Contemptor dreadnought
Predator
Leman russ

I'm thinking of dropping the tanks entirely, going for some terminators, centurions, and dreadnoughts.
>>
>>53756584

Oh hey deathwatch-thunderhawk-blowing-up-in-mid-air made a return.
>>
>>53756556
Cool fluff, and new mechanics makes taking multiple not instantly an asshole move.
>>
>>53756605

Well you could fit that in a patrol detachment but you'd get zero extra command points.

Should work okay I suppose.
>>
>>53756556
I'm meh about them. Mostly felt that LoW and flyers don't belong in games outside of apocalypse.

At least 8 the nerfed them, so they aren't the hot new cheese list.
>>
>>53756609
The trygon literally deep striked and then charged into my predator out of the deep strike. There was never an opportunity to shoot it until it killed enough models that it was no longer engaged.
>>
Will an SM army of mostly Primaris be any good? Or am I going to wind up just going with the Deathguard in the kit.
>>
>>53756605
I'd split one of the tac squads. Otherwise you don't have enough troops.
>>
File: 9209889924115428629-account_id=1.jpg (336KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
9209889924115428629-account_id=1.jpg
336KB, 1536x2048px
>>53756613
hey! which board did you see it on? It's a bit of an inside joke that we use it every year. It's now won 4 awards
>>
>>53756655
Who knows, wait until they have more than 5 models.
>>
>>53756627
>>53756658

Yeah I just realised I need another troop to get the command points. I have some scouts with snipers but I don't know what to drop.
>>
>>53756643

thankyou tau for interceptor
>>
>>53756612
Consider investing in a LR Crusader they are worth every point against Nids. Batrep very related.

https://youtu.be/sFLdoTK0eY8q
>>
>>53756121
>6 inch pile ins and consolidations on hormagaunts

Remember that models must pile in to the CLOSEST enemy models. Keep your opponents honest.
>>
>>53756643
He can't charge on the turn he arrives though. Or was it the Mawloc?
>>
>>53756695

Yeah but the way the charge rules are written people string them out in a line so the next unit they want to charge is the closest enemy.
>>
>>53756695
No they don't. They just have to be closer to the enemy model at the end of the movement.

With a 6 inch pile in, you can be 2 inches away from the enemy model, and sweep past them ending up behind the enemy model 1.99999 inches away from it.

>>53756705
You can charge out of deep strike in 8th edition
>>
>>53756659

Saw it on the deathwatch/inquisition fortress being attacked by Deldar board. I like that elysian one a lot though.

>>53756655

They're kinda limited right now, not exactly shit tier but they don't really have any power combos right now.

Their Intercessors are mostly just big wound sponges, not like tacticals were much better but intercessors do even less damage since their amount of shots is essentially halved. Then again, they get entire 2W MEQ troop slots for 100 points so there's a trade off.

Hellblasters are pretty damn good and get better when they have the captain and a lieutenant to hang around and make them reroll 1's to hit and wound.

The space suit assault marines are okay but holy shit are they expensive for essentially being bikes with two heavy bolters each.

The ancient is okay, don't take more than 1. The lieutenants are fantastic buff bots and the captain is good for his buff and for being beefy.

Overall: Playable/10. Not super powerful but should be okay on warhammer nights.
>>
File: DSC02379.jpg (143KB, 958x718px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02379.jpg
143KB, 958x718px
>>53756722
that was 4 years ago I think?

we won display that year too. Don't know what we'll do for 2018
>>
File: Anthonian_Tunnel_Rats.jpg (17KB, 176x248px) Image search: [Google]
Anthonian_Tunnel_Rats.jpg
17KB, 176x248px
I really want to get into start collecting steel legion

Can anyone show me what a fluffy 125 powerpoint list of steel legion would look like

or more importantly
What could be most cost effective to buy to get as many gas mask heads and coats as possible get as much Steel legion bodies as possible.
>>
>They'll never bring back Wazdakka Guzmek

WHAT DA ZOG SHUD I LIVE FER
>>
You know, it's a bit odd that Sisters of SIlence aren't armed with Condemnor Boltguns
>>
>>53756664
Drop the vindicator. They are shit this edition.
>>
>>53756556
The only thing I don't like about them is that they feel too large for the scale a normal 40k game is supposed to represent.

Fluff-wise, they're actually pretty cool, and the models are nice, too. They're also nowhere near as threatening on the tabletop as they were last edition, so it's not like they're WAACfaggotry or anything.
>>
File: latest.png (954KB, 822x662px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
954KB, 822x662px
Are they worth it, /tg/?
>>
>>53756790
They're not actually fun to play as you'd think they'd be. Knights can never win the objective game, so either you table the opponent or they brought enough anti-tank to table you.
>>
>>53755283
note that your consolidation and your pile in moves have to be towards the closest model so you can't just run off into another direction.
>>
>>53756290
That is a GORGEOUS Tyranid list holy shit son. God I love 8th edition so much.
>>
>>53756630
agree
>>
>>53756815
It's literally a third edition list, the only thing he's bought since 3rd edition is a trygon prime. This is the second game he's played since 4th or 5th edition.
>>
File: 1268525823813.jpg (101KB, 567x522px) Image search: [Google]
1268525823813.jpg
101KB, 567x522px
>>53756630
pretty much how I feel
>>
>>53756830
Broodlords weren't in 3rd actually, they showed up in 4th. And if his Carnifexes looked like the ones in the picture those are from 4th too. That's just nitpicking though, either way it's an old-ass list that's now being run legitimately in 8th and taking names apparently and that's fucking awesome to me.
>>
>>53756722
I was thinking of ditching the bolter lieutenant and taking a Deathwing Apothecary with them. After a few games I'll probably just wind up throwing in normal Dark Angels with them. Depends what else Primaris get later I guess.
>>
>>53756849

The reroll to 1's on wounds is pretty sweet since its an aura and can hit multiple squads, apothecaries are still totally cool and since they're multi wound anyway, I was thinking of converting one of my lieutenants into one.
>>
>>53756630
I agree with flyers, mostly disagree with LoW, honestly.
>>
>>53756848
I honestly am glad Tyranids have options. Like, yeah, swarms are back and that fits them well, even more than monster mash does, but they buffed the medium creatures too. I'm legit going to run a list of mostly Warriors because I love the models and from what I see, it'll actually be good. I'll eventually diversify and get gaunts too cus I love hormagaunts but still.
>>
>>53756887
Other than being cheaper aren't warriors identical? They can't be ID'd by a missile launcher anymore but the krak missile still does d6 damage to its 3 wounds so
>>
>>53756594
>They're one of the few cool fluff additions of kirby era GW as they're essentially Bretonnians in space.
They existed way back in the old lore so it wasn't a new invention in Kirby era, just a resurrection of stuff from the original golden age writers.

Most of GWs hit releases these days tend to follow that pattern - AdMech, Genestealer Cults, Traitor Legions, all the stuff people love the best is stuff being brought back from the old days. Even people who are totally new to the game love it, so it's not a matter of nostalgia. Really tells you something.
>>
File: 1485846143939.png (15KB, 299x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485846143939.png
15KB, 299x200px
>the closest thing chaos has to a sniper is a fucking dragon
>>
>>53756909
Dropping their base cost by 10 points and giving them the ability to survive ID at all even if they sometimes still get one-shot is a pretty big deal. Almost all of their weapon options got cheaper too. Also 4+ armour is actually worth a damn now.

They aren't amazing but they're playable and fun.
>>
>>53756930

They're based on old stuff and are pretty faithful recreations but new knights manage to expand on that without making it stupid (unlike say, 5th edition grey knights who shit the bed of the god tier 3.5 fluff)
>>
File: umies.jpg (10KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
umies.jpg
10KB, 192x263px
>>53756937
what about orks?
>>
>>53756799
They're highly situational. Against Guard and Tau you can lock down their shooty infantry, and anyone with snipers who aren't on a rooftop too small for you to land on is also a prime target. Basically, don't think of them in terms of points killed, think of them in terms of kills denied to your enemy.
>>
>>53756937
Don't they have a psychic power that can snipe out characters?
>>
>>53756785
Yeah I agree. Sounds like a good conversion project.
>>
>>53756956
Yeah if GW has an actual base to work with they sometimes manage to expand on it pretty okay, the new Genestealer Cult stuff was also a pleasant surprise (I'm pretty sure we have Phil Kelly to thank for that who is the best lore guy still working at GW).
>>
>>53756953
>>53756909
This, basically. Cheaper all around. I've done up a list where the core units are 9-strong Warrior units with Devourers (and Venom Cannons), and rending claws on backup, with some melee warriors rocking Fleshhooks, Spinefists, and Boneswords, backed up with Shrikes, Hive Guard, and a Lictor, with a Prime, Swarmlord, and a Winged Tyrant. With the Shrikes plus Swarmlord, a first turn charge is basically a given, and the Tyrant is around to both absorb fire and give FNP while the rest of the army moves into position. I think it may struggle with vehicles though.
>>
Can we get pics of said Genestealer girl or would they need to posted on /b/?
Thread posts: 654
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.