[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Imperial FistsEdition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 69

File: dorn is best primarch.png (5MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dorn is best primarch.png
5MB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

The New Thunderhawk is a Retarded Stormbird sub-edition

Previous Bread: >>53702172

Summary: Curzefag loses its shit at a Fulgrim-posting anon, the Emperor's favoritism among his legions was discussed, the UK elections mean cheaper FW for everyone in actual important countries,autism strikes 30k, and we are reminded - once again - that Alan Bligh is fucking dead.

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
First for modern AU primarchs
>>
Second for OP is a fag.
>>
File: DG knives.png (553KB, 442x516px) Image search: [Google]
DG knives.png
553KB, 442x516px
>>53736665
>Summary
Overly early post about the DG killing everything with only a knife, spit and patience.
>>
We need a final solution to the Curzefag question.
>>
>>53737307
Naah
>>
Was it worth it?
>>
>>53737226

The Astartes tactical comes with a combat knife and acid saliva by default, so thats nothing to write about. Hell, the Raven Guard stuck on Istvaan 5 didn't even have knives.
>>
File: Horus4.jpg (83KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
Horus4.jpg
83KB, 800x608px
>>53737776
If Dorn had been Warmaster, the heresy wouldn't have happened: he was square enough that only the Emperor's original vision mattered and that his brothers would never follow him in organized rebellion
>This is the future, Dorn. The Emperor worshipped as a god
>Ok.
>Wha-...he punished Lorgar for it. It goes against the Imperial truth >:^)
>If he so wills it.
>If he survives, mankind will be doomed. Only you can make it great >:^)
>But I'm not the Emperor
>But you could beee >:^)
>Nah.
>¬¬
>>
>>53737940

If Dorn had been Warmaster, he would have ordered the termination of entire Legions who didn't play ball with him until a full blown heresy lands on his lap. Dorn is not a coalition builder.
>>
Alternate Warmasters will always be a popular topic but I've always personally hated it. Horus was the perfect candidate and thats the reason his betrayal was so tragic.

I know a lot of that tragedy has disappeared after BL got their hands on the fluff but its still true that only Horus could have held the title or Warmaster and not fucked it up.
>>
File: 100_1337.jpg (345KB, 1024x1514px) Image search: [Google]
100_1337.jpg
345KB, 1024x1514px
One vorax almost done. It's a bit colorful
>>
File: dg organizationEdit.gif (369KB, 936x1002px) Image search: [Google]
dg organizationEdit.gif
369KB, 936x1002px
>>53737917
>The Astartes tactical comes with a combat knife and acid saliva by default
>Tfw the marine most known by escaping captivity, Darnath Lysander, is from the legion known to lack the acid spit.
The special mention they do to their combat blades must mean they had an important battle role besides being merely an auxiliary too secondary to the bolter like for so many legions, and it's set to highlight the especial importance of the fully equipped multi-role soldier, instead of merely saying "yes, they had a knife", for example like the way the HH books talk about WEs and how they always brought close combat weapons.
Again, not as auxiliary tools, but with all the intent of closing in and excel in situations the majority of militaryment would try to avoid: a bloody melee.
I think that, alongside rapid deployment for surgical and decapitations strikes, are some of the situations marines can do that few other corps in the galaxy can do.
I mean, people often talk about how the ALs were trained to do everything and being Snakes, but so were the DG, all of that with a roboust chain of command. This would explain why they did mantain their shape as a coherent fighting force after the betrayal all the way up to Terra, instead of falling to insanity like other legions.
>>
>>53738086
Sanguinius would have been fine. He was a reasonable guy and everyone liked him.
>>
>>53738159
No Sanguinius would have struggled with his self doubt and insecurities. He might also have struggled with ordering his brothers(Angron, Kurze) to do the things they needed to do.

Besides Sangy didnt want to be in charge.
>>
>>53738140

Darnath Lysander is from a successor, if you want to be technical.
>>
File: Warmasters walk, not fly.png (58KB, 1253x388px) Image search: [Google]
Warmasters walk, not fly.png
58KB, 1253x388px
>>53738159
For all his virtues, he always felt too far removed from regular mankind.
>"Perhaps so", Horus admitted. "You have always been my conscience, Sanguinius".
>"Never forget how much I vaule that".
I cri eveyttiem.
>>
>>53738124
>It's a bit colorful
Nah, it's fine. The colours = bad meme is a poor one that makes everyone's minis look dull, dirty and largely indistiguishable from a distance, ie standing a few feet above and away from them around a large table.

I saw a squad of TS tonight that were so dulled and washed down because of the panic over minis being thought of as bad for being shiny and bright, that they were some weird desaturated magenta that looked like it'd been mixed with coal dust.

/mildrant
>>
>>53738268
Horus had plenty of doubt when he was chosen. Sanguinius would have overcame it just as he did. He put entire sectors to the sword so I doubt he'd be too squeamish to unleash Curze.

>>53738277
I don't really see how that's a negative. Horus seemed at times to have outright contempt for baseline humanity.
>>
>>53738293
I've always kind of preferred Pre-Heresy TSons to have a dulled red instead or shiny or cherry red. That's not to say that the guys models were any good, just that if it's done well I think its their best scheme.
>>
>>53738293
I'm more worried about clashing colors.
I wanted to toss in brass since its mechanicum and vorax have shitty armor, but I'm concerned with how it mingles with the gunmetal
>>
>>53738351
Sure, but these weren't the matte pastel red, these were like raspberries rolled in steeldust until they had a couple mil thick coating. You couldn't even call it a red of any kind.
>>53738386
It's completely fine, brass and steel work. What you need to consider going forward is simply the balance, esp on bigger models. That vorax is good.
>>
File: The right words.jpg (75KB, 1060x211px) Image search: [Google]
The right words.jpg
75KB, 1060x211px
>>53738341
Eh, I've always thought Sanguinius would be quite capable as a Warmaster, the same as Guilliman. But if he says he'd better want Horus to do it, then that's his opinion. Like this excerpt, Horus wasn't the only one to be able to do compromises, and Sanguinius performed good enough as Imperator Regis.
>>
>>53738341
>Horus had plenty of doubt when he was chosen.
Yes but Horus himself was a confident individual, whereas Sangy was plagued by feelings of insecurity.

>I doubt he'd be too squeamish to unleash Curze.
Theres a difference between following orders and giving them.
>>
>>53738430
I think what they guy was more on about was the thematic benefits of Horus being created to be the traitor. If Sang was used, while a literal fallen angel as evil would have been interesting back then, it robs the HH (and the future setting of noble space vampries) of rather a lot. The problem with alternate fan heresy stuff is that it diminishes the lore rather than enhances it.
>>
>>53738430
>>53738468

Horus was always meant to be Space Mordred. That has not been called into question until very recently when BL announced they're redoing the final battle.
>>
>>53738430
I think Guilliman would have been an awful pic for Warmaster. He's extremely technically competent but has poor interpersonal skills. Around half the Primarchs actively disliked or loathed him. Bob wouldn't have been able to manage them, which is half the job.

>>53738450
There's a saying that those who seek power are the least worthy of it. I think it's a credit to Sanguinius that he didn't covet the position.
>>
>>53738557

Guilliman is a great leader who can work with others regardless of their differences - even with xeno, as has been evident as of m42. The only exception to this rule are equals. Many of the other primarchs will not listen to him, and he will not compromise enough to the point where the crusade's effectiveness will be jeopardized by the personal tastes and affinities of the primarchs. For this reason, he would not be a good Warmaster.

Its also important to point out why the primarchs Horus kept closest are the ones who were the most problematic. The ones who were able to function on their own initiatives were the most distant.
>>
>>53738503
Yes, which strikes me as a development similar to what has happened in the past in things like comics. The new generation who grew up on stuff are too concentrated on trying to tie things up into neat logical bows or what they think would 'make sense'. In the process they lose touch with the thematic intent and wider meanings, and end up devaluing content.

Like, talking about so-and-so would have been a better warmaster because they were better at logistics or had wider charisma or had the best haircut or whatever are fun diversions, but when tried to argue seriously they end up leading the proponent and the whole discussion down this garden path of autism that misses the fucking point of the thing in the first place.

It doesn't even have to just be people like Goulding or whoever, similar urges to 'explain' things even by the og creators decades later is how you end up with fucking midichlorians.

I mean, sure, Goulding or whoever can tell us it's what Alan Merret and Tony Cottrell etc realllly meant but never said 25 years ago, I don't care if that's true (even though it's totally bullshit), they should be asking themselves if trying to make things more logical or neat for the modern geek sensibility is really a good idea when the whole thing is based on mythic and literary themes that get compromised by those choices.
>>
File: 62382179_p0.png (695KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
62382179_p0.png
695KB, 600x824px
>>53738723

Maybe its high time to silly up the HH. I think to start, it should be revealed that post-power up Horus transformed into a girl.
>>
>>53738760
But we all know Saber is Guilliman.
>>
>>53738811

No anon, the Emperor is Saber and the Primarchs are the many Sabers made in Saber's image.
>>
>>53738723
I don't think the Alternative Warmaster people are saying
>REEEEEEE my pick is superior fuck you GW I could do 40k better
It's just an interesting hypothetical to discuss. (for some people at least)
>>
>>53738836
>tfw there's enough Saberclones for there to be one for every legion.
>>
>>53738839
Yeah, fun diversions as I said. Bulk of my ramble was about the official writers making things a bit crappier.
>>
File: Dorn would not listen.jpg (76KB, 1241x173px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn would not listen.jpg
76KB, 1241x173px
>>53738557
>He's extremely technically competent but has poor interpersonal skills.
Let's do this. I entertain this thought but you give me proofs that he, in fact, did have poor relations skills. Post an excerpt.
>>
>>53738893
I don't know. I really appreciate my settings having an internal consistency to them.

It's just a matter of execution IMHO
>>
>>53738861
>>53738836
Explain this animemery to me. What's up with the Sabers and the Fates and stuff?
>>
>>53738893

It wouldn't be a Western fiction franchise if the franchise authors didn't argue for their favorite picks and against their strongest dislikes. I mean fuck, look at the Marvel comic book's Civil War debacle where it literally devolved into comic writers taking sides in the workplace.
>>
>>53738928
On numerous occasions he criticized his fellow Primarchs and tried to change their ways but it never once worked. Maybe he didn't have poor interpersonal skills but he certainly didn't know how to deal with his brothers. Nobody liked him. He was that kid in class who kept on giving you unsolicited advice and then ran to tattle when you told him to fuck off.
>>
>>53739066

There wasn't really incentive for the other Primarchs to listen to him. Its not like the Emperor was going to censure them for the shit they did (until Prospero), and he couldn't throw their Legions into a blender unlike Horus. So of course most of them brushed off his counsel.
>>
>>53738948
Well yes. This is not me making an argument or an attempt at one based around nothing changing reeee old stuff is sacrosanct. It's the urge to explain things that don't need it in needlessly detailed and autistic ways. Like how now we know the Emperor's Children armour goes pink because Eidolon pours acid over everyone's armour, to take the first example that comes to mind.
I hope that 'question' being answered unclenched someone's asshole, but if someone asked you before this amazing revelation why it was pink, you'd give them an answer about the usage of pink and connotations of it in art and meaning and feel. That stuff is all still true, but the 'actual' internally established reason is accidental acid bath, and it'll be the first answer people give. And now we can argue about the acid instead of more rewarding conversation about more abstracted themes.
These are the kinds of things that generate the discussions about BL changes to the Emperor and Horus. It can be hard trying to get across that you can have new details created that continue or enhance the themes adn that it is better than just having cold facts to enter into a lex or wiki or spreadsheet, so forgive my rambling.
>>53738961
The authors fighting and calling dibs on legions and factions to the exclusion of other authors always makes me feel a bit uneasy.
>>
>>53738961
Tony Stark did nothing wrong and only unironic anarchists can argue against superheroes having to register.
>>
>>53739137

clone thor
>>
>>53739192
>people aren't allowed to defend themselves when someone the size of a building attempts to do them bodily harm
>>
>>53738557
>poor interpersonal skills

I don't see much of that, he's an exceptionally capable politician and described as 'the most human of the Primarchs' for how easy he could interact on a relatable level to regular men. He never comes across as socially inept when dealing with other Primarchs, even with ones like the Lion who he's in awe of.

A lot of the dislike for him was either a reaction to his perceived arrogance, belief that he was less than loyal/wanted to build a personal empire or outright jealousy over his/his legion's achievements.

I agree that the dislike existed and would have made him a bad choice for Warmaster but not because he had bad inter-personal skills, that's more Dorn or Perturabo's issue.
>>
>>53739066
Surely you can post proof of all these critics to the other guy's faces, then. I mean, I could think you're a fag but with good personal skills you wouldn't know it because I wouldn't tell you to your face. Fag :^)
Post proofs
>>
>>53739298
Fucking.
REBELS.
Reminder that one of the main opponents of the Galactic Empire was the former QUEEN of Naboo.
>*Screeches while being the senate*
>>
>>53739331

Oh no the Queen of Naboo, whatever shall I do?!
>>
>>53739292
Rude desu.
>>
File: 1495550799148.jpg (27KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1495550799148.jpg
27KB, 268x268px
>>53739331
>democratically elected queen
>>
>>53739364
>interrogation marks
>>
>>53737961
>Dorn is not a coalition builder.
Dorn is the ultimate coalition builder. Nobody builds a coalition like him, especially not Perturabo.

t. Imperial Fist

Coalition is a type of wall, right?
>>
>>53739331
That's just old fashioned, aristocratic Naboo racism raising its head again. The former Queen was opposed to the Empire because one of its strongest founding proponents was the Gungan Senator Binks.
>>
File: Dornald Trump.jpg (2MB, 1080x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Dornald Trump.jpg
2MB, 1080x1503px
>>53739511
What we need is a coalition, folks, alright? And I do the best coalitions of them all. The best coalitions, believe me. When Xana sends us their tithe, they're not sending us their best. They're sending servitors, they're sending hereteks, they're thralls...and some I assume are good Magi. They're laughing at us.
If I'm chosen Warmaster I'm going over there and make them release proper tithe, the best tithe, to us.
Srry, I just wanted to trumpost a bit.
>>
File: 1474696747.jpg (77KB, 396x417px) Image search: [Google]
1474696747.jpg
77KB, 396x417px
>>53739511
I think it's the sticky-up bits on top of a wall. Could be wrong.
>>
File: proof.jpg (30KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
30KB, 500x503px
>>53739347
Bost broof Guilliman didn't get along with others :DD
>>
>>53737940
Dorn was way too stubborn to be warmaster

Guilliman was too autistic and prone to obsessions

Russ was an easily offended savage inflexible dickbag

Ferrus was also too stubborn and had 0 charisma

Pert was too easily offended and too bitter

Khan could barely speak gothic

Fulgrim was too focused on himself

Vulkan was too sentimental

Corax was too reclusive

Lorgar was too fanatical

Mortarion was too stinky and prejudiced

Magnus was a heretic that really doesnt even count as human

Curze & Angron were insane

Alpharius would BTFO his own crusade for keks

Only other guy who could do it was Sanguinius
>>
So I just finished Crimson King....

SPOILERS FOLLOW

...... I'm confused.

How does this book square with the Ahriman trilogy? Where we first learned Magnus was incomplete and it felt like all the TSons did too.

There were more shards there too right? But it felt like everyone sorta forget they'd gone through this already during the Heresy.... So where did these extra shards come from?

AND the Ahriman books ended with Magnus STILL missing bits of himself.

So yeah, color me not understanding.
>>
>>53739759
I wonder what army you play.
>>
>>53739759

Some of this is just plain wrong.

>>53739811

My best guess is Sons of Horus.
>>
File: Laughing marvels.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing marvels.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>53739759
>Vulkan was too sentimental
Right.
>>
>>53739806
>How does this book square with the Ahriman trilogy?
It doesnt and once again Mcneil shit the bed with TS fluff. Dont worry the retcon will all be a part of the plan after the fact ;^)
>>
>>53739837
Quiet Ferrus, you have no room to talk, you're dead.
>>
>>53739759
pfft fulgrim would have been PERFECT for the role of warmaster
>>
>>53739599
I can understand that. And don't get me wrong, but, um, he's much more enjoyable to, um, post as than his predecessor.
>>
>>53739759
You forgot the Lion.

And while he was too bad at people to do the job, he and Luther would have dreamteamed it. Just like Creed and Kell.

Exactly like Creed and Kell, in fact. Aw, here it goes.
>>
>>53739759
>Magnus was a heretic that really doesnt even count as human
Did. Nothing. Wrong.
>>
>>53740678
Until Luther gets sent home for making the Lion look like the retard he is again.
>>
>>53739759
If vulkan was too sentimental, so was sanguinius.
>>
>>53740683
>implying Luther wasn't sent home because Lion realized the dangers of Chaos beings and needed his best and most trusted man to protect Caliban from receding into the Old Night
>implying the Fall didn't only happen because Lion was bad at people and figured Luther would also realize that this was a big deal, serious job
>but Luther thought he was being abandoned on a nowhere hick planet because Lion-kouhai didn't trust him anymore
We need a story where Luther and Kor Phaeron interact. And Luther bullies Kor Phaeron.
>>
>>53740759
Aside from none of that being explained to Luther, and him thinking Lion'el knew Luther tried to kill him anyway. Aside from Zahariel and Nemiel, the HH books for the Dark Angels have made me hate the entire Legion that much more.
>>
>>53739806
I guess he will be shattered again during the Heresy, or on Terra? And not get Janus part back forever.
>>
I didn't really get any serious answers in the last thread (which is obviously a sign), but I thought I'd post my idea for a flying Death Star list for my Salamanders. Could be silly. Could be fun. Could be a recipe for disaster.

The thing is, I'm just trying to put off buying a Spartan. I find the model a bit ugly. To be honest, I'm more interested in collecting and painting than playing, but would like to have some sort of effective force if I decide to get into it.

Anyway, here's the flyer list, but I'll post the Spartan-centric one next as well to compare. How ridiculous would it be if I have my Primarch Deathstar in a Storm Eagle (I dig the model so much more than the Spartan)?
>>
>>53740883
Here's the other list
>>
>>53740883
Have you tried to build a storm eagle? It might cool on it a bit.
>>
>>53741508
I've actually heard they're a pain to make. Is it actually that bad?
>>
>>53740759
Pls let this be the one and only truth, I want to believe that even though the Lion treated Luther like a sack of shit he at least held him in high esteem and looked up to him in some fatherly/brotherly figure way.
>>
>>53738430
Guilliman stops Cawl from releasing the lost legion Primarines because of his honour code, but he still keeps him around and doesn't kill Cawl for telling him more UM chapters have fallen than non UM chapter
>>
>>53738622
Meant >>53742209
>>
>>53738961
>authors fighting
Source
>>53739122
>acid went pink
Sauce, and are you sure you don't mean they didn't do SPESS acid and thought it looked cool
>>
>>53739364
>not knowing about Aengland
>not knowing about the polish Lithuanian commonwealth
>not knowing people meant the middleclass for much of human society until champagne socialists and nationalists fucked it all up
19th century best century
>>
>>53742294
>polish Lithuanian commonwealth
>the sejm
>democratic
LaughingPrussians.jpg
Theres a difference between democracy and every bastard in the various realms having an asslicking contest
>>
>>53739806
Ianus is why Titan goes into the warp, because Magnus is trapped in real space until he is united with all his shards :^)
>>
>>53740777
>Luther tried to kill Lion
What, the only killing I thought he was related to was Zahriel trying to bomb the emperor
>>
>>53740777
We know now that the beast on caliban is actually a daemon, what if it's Kairos Fateweaver like how he fucks up the book of Magnus dooming the TS for good, also do we know which daemon the warsmith is
>>
>>53742322
Did or did the burghers not have a vote
>>
>>53742353
The people of Nurth or wherever that are afflicted by Chaos and smuggled a nuke onto his flagship. Luther was gonna let the bomb go off for nebulous reasons.

>>53742381
But 50 years before they find out what Caliban is, Luther's already plotting with the Lord Cypher.
>>
>>53742415
What so cypher isn't the zahariel in 30k
Are knights of lupus a chaos cult that doesn't realise it or active worshippers, sorry I don't buy bad legion books
>>
File: IMG_1837.jpg (852KB, 3203x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1837.jpg
852KB, 3203x1400px
Glue side barrels on before painting or no for B@C ass dread cannon
>>
>>53742455
Zahariel is probably the 40k Cypher, but this one is a Calibanite who is from a probably Chaos worshiping Order of Knights on Caliban.
>>
>>53742253
The Soul, Severed.
Eidolon and his EC get attacked by another faction of EC. During the battle giant vats of acid get detonated and cover Eidolon and his men. Their armour gets stained a vivid pink as a result, which they all love. Eidolon orders that all the remaining acid is decanted and transported to his ships, so he can take it back to the main EC fleet and share the wonderful experience of being covered in acid with them.
Black Library knock another one out of the park.
>>
>>53742776
>he liked painting
>>
File: 99560101546_Thunderhawk02.jpg (73KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560101546_Thunderhawk02.jpg
73KB, 600x620px
Those engines on the new Thunderhawk are really damn sexy, especially with that cool 3-engine distribution.

Also actually painted to a good standard now. Did you see the Stormbird on their website? Didn't even bother to do the spotlights, most was just sprayed yellow.
>>
File: Ahriman_The_Exile.jpg (346KB, 1058x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_The_Exile.jpg
346KB, 1058x1000px
So I am reading the "Crimson King". Ahriman is on a quest to piece back his primarch.

But on the journey Ahriman was shown a few visions.

In one of them he sailed the universe and saw a many galaxies forming it. While he was floating around, a massive and vast reptilian intelligence looked at him for a moment. What the fuck was that, /tg/? Also Ahriman was shown a vision of the galaxy's past where a race of gods battled against their immortal enemies. Anyone idea who they are?

On a side note, Ahriman was shown around a pavilion that contained many relics. One of them was an Eldar helmet that contains a hunfering Eldar soul. Ahriman went out of his way to approach the helmet and tell the Eldar soul within that its race is dying and there is nothing it can do to help them adding to the soul's rage and despair. Why is Ahriman such a dick?
>>
>>53743010
Exactly how fucking new are you btw?
>>
File: IMG_1806.jpg (73KB, 414x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1806.jpg
73KB, 414x577px
>>53743010
>why is he such a dick
Like father like son
>suddenly reptiles
McNeil watches Alex Jones
ADB watches Owen jones
>>
>>53743010
The reptile was probably a manifestation of the Hive Mind, the gods battling enemies were probably the Old Ones fighting the War in Heaven against the Necrontyr/Necrons.
>>
File: 40k Magnus the Rad.jpg (91KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
40k Magnus the Rad.jpg
91KB, 468x810px
>>53739759
>can't find a flaw in Magnus so he has to bullshit
Kek.
>>53740681
Literally this.
>>
>>53743567
>What is Magnus' Folly

Magnus doomed humanity. He is a retard who vastly overestimated himself and his Legion, to the detriment of almost every living human in the galaxy. Imagine ten thousand Custodes and who knows how many Sisters of Silence free to wreck traitor face instead of being killed in the Webway.
>>
>>53743611
Imagine The Thousand Sons helping them in that webway, led by The Emperor, while Magnus sits on the Golden Throne, and later, during the Siege of Terra, The Emperor personally leading his forces from the starts, bolstered by an additional legion of super wizards specialized in fucking daemonic shit up.
As always, Russ is the real retard.
>>
>1 of 2
His vision was blurry, his ears ringing. He could make out an unnaturally bright light in the distance, a mix of blue and purple, like an nasty bruise. A bruise on reality.

Instinctively, he put a hand in front of himself, to deny himself the sight of the terrible Eye. A trunk of crimson muscle blocked his view, and in that, he felt relief.

The realization that his arm had to be lifted up told him that he was lying on the ground. What had happened, he wondered, to place him there?

"On your feet, Magnus." That voice. A cultured and unique accent. He turned his head to the right. A man in furs stepped up to him. Not ragged furs of canines and rancid dogs, no. As the figure approached him, he could tell from the smell, that they were ermine and pelts of leopards. The armor was the white of unpainted ceramite, a long curved sword in one gauntlet, and offering up the other to be grasped in bloody red. Magnus clung to the armored hand as if it were life itself.
>>
File: bully.png (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bully.png
728KB, 1280x720px
>>53743010
>What the fuck was that, /tg/?

Old Ones.

>Anyone idea who they are?

Stargods.

>Why is Ahriman such a bully?

It's all knife ears deserve.
>>
>>53743611
Imagine actually understanding the Emperor's goal of turning humanity away from the path of psychic dependence. Imagine not building an entire Legion on a concept directly opposed to the end goal.

I think we can all agree that while Russ was a vicious monster even amongst the Primarchs, the real retard was Magnus.
>>
>>53743650
>magnus fucked up everything forever
>IT'S RUSS' FAULT WE COULD HAVE FIXED EVERYTHING
>>
>>53743650
Nope. Russ was just following orders. The new lore says that the Emperor told Horus to tell Russ to arrest Magnus. However, Horus took the Emperor's orders and changed them before handing them to Russ. Russ had no reason to doubt orders signed by the Emperor and the Warmaster. He has even less reason considering that he knew that the Emperor told Magnus that if he catches him using sorcery, then he would erase him and his legion from existence.

2 legions and their primarchs are already dead. One more would not make a difference.

This all makes Russ haters retarded
>>
>>53743668
2 of 3
"How long was I out, Khan?" Jaghatai gave his brother a mirthless smirk through his flowing beard, hefting the large red man to a standing position.

"Long enough for them to pour through." The Chogorian nodded off into the distance, amidst the cries and bellows of greenskins and gunfire: a tide of grotesque and abominable creatures of all colors flooding through several holes and portals in the air. Daemons. Everywhere. "I did warn you, did I not?"

"That Ork psyker," The cyclops muttered, memories clearing up enough to understand his situation, "He was more powerful than I thought..." The Khan slipped out of Magnus' view, choosing to focus his attention more on the archaic piece of metal floating behind them.

"First rule of war, brother: never overestimate yourself. Second Rule of war: never underestimate your foes." Jaghatai clambered into the driver's seat of his jetbike. Magnus ambled awkwardly to the sidecar, soon finding it an uncomfortably tight fit as he slumped himself in. "How are your powers?" The Red King shook his head, squinting his eyes as a terrible migraine overtook him.

"I cannot focus." He sighed. Opening his eyes, he gazed back at the portals, at the horrors from beyond the veil. At what he had wrought. "Should I come to expect more of this?" He glared out to the swarming mass chaotic entities. The Khan could only grimace at the ensuing carnage, part disappointment for his absence in battle, part relief from his distance to the warp monsters

"Only if you lack discipline brother." He revved up the bike's engine, the life affirming roar lifting his spirits but a little.
>>
>>53743679
fUCKIGN AWOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Retard Sons make me kek, they're literally the 30K version of 40K Spess Yiffs
>>
>>53743668
>>53743703
3 of 3
"We have 20,000 kilometers between us and the star port, filled in by 30 billion greenskins and an infinite tide of daemons fighting each other. It's five hours until the bombardment commences, our voxes are jammed, and the machine spirit can only muster about three or four more hours before it is spent."

"Hit it." A shared grin later and a quick stomp of a peddle, the jetbike shot across the badlands.

>Magnus And The Khan...Brothers For Life.
>>
>>53743678
>away from psychic dependence
>not forcing humans to become an all psychic race sooner
>>
>>53743679
>>53743700
>>53743719

>Magnus fucks up because he wants to save everyone
>Russ gleefully slaughters his brother's world despite it's defenses being completely down
>not a retard
Yiff in hell.
>>
>>53743757
You're confusing retard (being fucking stupid) with gleefully taking a chance to destroy your most hated enemy.
>>
>>53743678
>the Emperor's goal of turning humanity away from the path of psychic dependence
>literally wanted to ascend humanity to his level
No, anon, the real retard is you.
>>
>>53743769
>Canon
>Retcanon

I love it when retards can't even keep their lore straight
>>
>>53743768
No, i'm not. Because of Russ' retardation, the following happened.
>an entire fucking loyalist legion turned traitor, and one of the strongest to boot
>the loyalists were 2 legions short at the Siege of Terra while the traitors had an additional one
>The Emperor could only join the battle at the end because Magnus wasn't there to sit on the Throne, something The Emperor would have no doubt had him do once he saw Magnus wasn't, in fact, a traitor and wished to make amends

Also
>most hated enemy
>brother who he hates for being a psyker
>even though he's also a psyker
>and his legion is full of psykers and sorcerers
>but dude lmao animal spirits, totes different
Fuck Russ.
>>
>>53743794
>humanity ascending to psychic race
>Emperor wanted to keep them safe from the warp until they were powerful enough to protect themselves
>somehow this is not canon
I love it too.
>>
>>53743757
>magnus goes against the Emperor's orders regardless of intent, after being told he would be killed if he did
>Russ attacks a world on the orders of the warmaster
Go back to sucking off daemons.
>>
File: Admech BluesBrothers.jpg (30KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
Admech BluesBrothers.jpg
30KB, 400x436px
>>53743724
What is that, Crimson King? (minus the last line, obviously).

I'm a fan. I always liked hearing about preheresy Primarch interactions more, when they were actually bros. I would totally watch a Great Crusade TV series, as long as they stuck in some glorious Mechanicus and it wasn't ALL primarchs.
>>
>>53743807
In what universe are the handful of surviving Retard Sons one of the strongest Legions?
>>
>>53743668
>>53743703
>>53743724
Mah battle brother.
>Khan, literally the realest Primarch, was closest with Magnus
Nuff said.
>>
>>53743846
>Space Yiff reading comprehension
They were one of the strongest before the Burning of Prospero, dogfucker.
>>
File: IMG_1870.jpg (301KB, 1208x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
301KB, 1208x1000px
News from the front
>>53743703
>scars and Magnus go on road trip
Big question is why doesn't ork Psykers fuck up more, and like psykers in general
>>
>>53743835
>Emperor tells Magnus to stop doing what he personally taught him and what was a unique bond they shared and the core of Magnus' existence without offering ANY sort of explanation
>He fucking knows his sons personality which he personally sponsored and valued
Honestly a terrible father.
>Russ prides himself on being willing to kill his brothers
>this is somehow admirable
>gets his ass handed to him every time he actually fights one
Kek.
>>
File: IMG_1870.jpg (9KB, 137x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
9KB, 137x162px
>>53743885
Forgeworld thinks Minstrel shows are still acceptable
>>
>>53743917
Transformers, Magi in disguise
>>
>>53743700
The 'new lore' says that when given the choice between arrest or kill - the arrest order being issued by the Emperor, the kill order coming from Horus through a rando SoH officer, and with Valdor standing next to him going what r u doing Leman do what the Emperor told you Leman stahp - Russ went for the kill option just because he really hated Magnus.

Don't ever try and make anything Russ does of greater meaning or import beyond what Russ wants to do for himself. It's kind of part of his whole fluff that he only learns to be better because of reflecting on his actions in the Heresy.
>>
>>53743947
Russ is the Primarch we need, not the Primarch we deserve - he saw the taint of Prospero for what it was and heroically charged forth to cleanse it form the domain of Man.
>>
>>53743947
Source? Because it makes Leman not just and even bigger retard (no small feat), but also a traitor.
>disobey direct order from The Emperor while his left hand man is asking you what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>53743947
Nope, "Wrath of Magnus" says the Emperor entrusted Horus with delivering his orders to Russ. Whatever happened next is on the emperor for trusting Horus an on Horus for his treachery.

Russ is blameless.
>>
>>53743885
ork pskyers do fuck up a lot but only from overload of waghhhh energys they dont suffer peril because they don't channel the warp
>>
>>53744012
>don't channel
>have same psyker rules
>use same dice
>can still summon daemons
>>
>>53743973
Inferno. Valdor spends most of it trying to convince Russ not to be a retard and eventually has to save him.

>Counsels following the original arrest order
>Convinces Russ to issue a demand for surrender instead of just immediately attacking
>Sits in orbit going mad from frustration as Russ and his Space Wolves only we got this bruh first attack wave get fucked up
>Eventually takes matter into his own hands and leads down the second wave to pull Russ out of the fire
>Regularly issues demands for Prosperine forces to surrender, tries to avoid killing civilians and convince the third party Army forces caught in the middle to stand down

Valdor was top tier during Prospero.

>Wrath of Magnus
nigger pls
>>
>>53743966
>the most beautiful world in the galaxy after Holly Terra of course
>dedicated to knowledge
>extremely humane and compassionate folk, definitely the best mindset for building a brighter future
>a bunch of bloodthirsty smelly disgusting zoophiles attack it, burn it to the ground, destroy priceless, irreplaceable knowledge and slaughter the persecuted population that had managed to find peace and acceptance
>think they're hot shit and that it's a great victory when in reality they would have gotten obliterated had their leader not completely disabled the defenses and clocked their approach
>almost doomed the entire human race as a result of their retardation
The Burning of Prospero is one of the worst things to ever happen in any setting. Fuck the space yiffs. Fenris got what it deserved.
>>
>>53744012
Yes they fucking do all psykers use the Warp that's basic stuff. Sorcerers can sometimes be an exception because they don't have to be psykers to use rituals and objects and so on, but come on.
>>
>>53744036
on the tabletop yeah but fluff wise they dont they just explode from being around too many orks which is why weirdboys are anti social. when they are around orks they can't stop or controll the energy that comes from a waghhhh
>>
>>53744056
>>53744012
Jackass, Read the Beast Series. Ork Waaagh! energy comes from the Warp. Psykers can see the "Green" in the Warp and Pariahs can cut off Ork psykers from it rendering them powerless.
>>
File: 40k DA psa.jpg (65KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
40k DA psa.jpg
65KB, 500x687px
>>53744043
>there are ''''''''''people'''''''''' defending Russ in spite of this
Fucking furfaggots are literal traitors. Based Lion and his sons for wrecking their shit every chance they get.
>>
>>53744085
apparently fluff has changed ok. i suppose it does tend to to that
>>
File: Galaspar.gif (2MB, 2852x1972px) Image search: [Google]
Galaspar.gif
2MB, 2852x1972px
>>53741517
This is the DG bringing compliance to a regular hive world. Notice how people are scared but still alive and the whole system complied but only the capital world was attacked, and the main methods of killing are described as walking, shooting and even punching people with their bare hands.
Assuming DG can only ever chem when their main weapons are bolters and meltas is naive and plain false.
>>
File: Thousand Sons vs Woof.png (758KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons vs Woof.png
758KB, 672x900px
You are reading in a library when sudden you hear a howling and then the walls explode revealing rampaging woofs.

Wat do.
>>
>>53744110
It's never changed.
WAAAGH has always been psychic energy, all psychic energy is from the warp.
>>
>>53744233
Pretty much the same thing that hapened on Prospero: fight back, then notice how they're being supported by the Custodes, SoS and Ordo Sinister and realize we're the baddies for some unknown reason, meaning failure is death and survival is heresy.
Fucking Magnus.
>>
>>53744233
Die with a whimper, like all Retard Sons
>>
>>53744233
Scream ''THERE ARE NO WOLVES ON FENRIS'' atop of my lungs while throwing doggy treats at them.
>>
>>53744046
I would totally live in Tizca. It sounds like Space Alexandria and would be super comfy. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually DID have an excellent university and was basically Space Oxbridge for academics and Magi. If anything, the loss of the city and the butchering of all the civilians for no damned reason was worse than the loss of the 1KSons, although I don't particularly care for the Sons the Wolves are far worse.
>>
>>53744274
>whimper
>took a third of the dogfuckers with them and a bunch of SoS and Custodes despite being caught completely unaware
>m-m-m-m-uh r-r-retard sons
>Fenris is gone and the dogfuckers' days are numbered and inquisition is about two seconds away from purging the whole damn litter, all thanks to Magnus
The toppest of keks.
>>
>>53744307
This. It was a culture dedicated to knowledge, acceptance and building a brighter future, and then a bunch of backwards barbarians destroyed it. Incredibly sad. It's like the burning of Alexandria times 1000, in spehs.
>>
>>53744307
>>53744046
The planet was infested with daemons bidding their time acting as helpers and a form of warp wild life that lays eggs in your brain.
>>
>>53744311
>Magnus
>Not Tzeentch
>Magnus for sure

Toppest of keks indeed.
>>
>>53744311
>dogfuckers' days are numbered

Girlyman literally created an entire legion worth of nu-marines from woof geneseed. Woofs are not going anywhere.
>>
File: By your powers combined!.png (782KB, 677x901px) Image search: [Google]
By your powers combined!.png
782KB, 677x901px
MAGNUS.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
File: 40k Alpha merchant.jpg (183KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
40k Alpha merchant.jpg
183KB, 501x585px
>>53744357
>Girlyman
You mean Alpharius, right brother? HYDRA DOMINATUS
>>
>>53744394
Alpharius got a Prosperine haircut by Dorn
>>
File: 40k AL.jpg (510KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
40k AL.jpg
510KB, 800x571px
>>53744415
For sure it was Alpharius, my man.
>>
>>53744335
The minions appeared after Magnus' deal
The warp wildlife teleported the eggs into your brain but then Magnus killed them all after seeing a pot fall
>>
>>53744460
>B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but victory

Alphalets.
>>
>>53744528
>Alphalets
>canonically had the tallest marines
Marinelets.
>>
>>53744546
>Alpha Legion
>Not genetically predisposed to being short

>Alpha Legion
>Haunted by inferiority complex

>Alpha Legion
>Talk shit, get hit

Alphalets.
>>
File: IMG_1636.jpg (4KB, 82x75px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
4KB, 82x75px
>>53744546
>primaris marines job iron warriors to show off how cool they are
Feels bad man
>>
File: Alpharius glitch.jpg (100KB, 542x607px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius glitch.jpg
100KB, 542x607px
>>53744415
Prosperine? They fought near Pluto.
>>53744567
AL marines are the tallest and their primarchs are the shortest because Alpharius was going to be the biggest bigmarch but was bisected by the warp portal. The Alpharius half was given prosthetics and the Omegon part was rebuilt in Terra by the Emperor.
>>
File: 1481155863119.png (713KB, 511x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481155863119.png
713KB, 511x640px
>No, Dorn, please, you have to hear my cunning plan
>DORN
>PLEASE
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>53744567
>doesn't know basic canon
>talks shit anyway
Mentalets.
>>
>>53744614
>Alpharius was going to be the biggest bigmarch but was bisected by the warp portal. The Alpharius half was given prosthetics and the Omegon part was rebuilt in Terra by the Emperor.
Wait, what? Source?
>>53744619
Kek, based Dorn. Truly the patrician's Primarch.
>>
>>53744625
>He won't accept my basic bitch memes
>He doesn't know cannon

Alphalets.
>>
>>53744274
>Retard Sons
Are you not a native english speaker? This term you keep using like it's clever, well...isn't. It makes you seem like a bitter loser. There's funner insults for the TS you could be using.
>>
>>53744333
>t's like the burning of Alexandria times 1000, in spehs.
You don't say.
>>
>>53744651
>gets caught talking shit
>backtracks by spewing nonsense
Ok, seriously, kill yourself. AL marines being taller then everyone else is basic canon.
>>
File: This account is a lie.png (2MB, 1063x1440px) Image search: [Google]
This account is a lie.png
2MB, 1063x1440px
>>53744643
In "Praetorian of Dorn" the Alpharius that turns out to be the real one is noted by Archamus to move as if he was "more machine than man". This would fit the narrative of their accounts "that are lies", which in a way, they all fit:
>Alpharius is bisected by the portal
>The torso falls on a high tech world, the kid is given prosthetics and grows to adulthood in 13 years, as seen in "Perturabo: Hammer of Olympia".
>Omegon is rebuilt and raised in secrecy by the Emperor. He's a secret even to Malcador.
>The Slaught fall onto Alpharius' world and becomes the death world. They destroy the world and capture him but then he eventually escapes and eventually becomes a pirate lord.
>That's why Horus never finds Alpharius' homeworld: because it was destroyed.
>>
>>53744718
>a brainless dogfucking savage
>knowing what clever even means
>>
>>53744718
I play traitor IW. Of course I'm a bitter loser.
>>
>>53744754
So if Omegon was only the legs, why was he so loyal
>>53744767
>not loyalist IW
Nice and tryhard
>>
>>53744753
Alpha Legion Marines only make themselves look taller by wearing booties.
Deliverance Lost specifically indicates that they lack all the growth boosting hormones of their peers.

Alpha Legion are tall in the same way Robert Downey Jr is tall.

Does this hurt your ego, Alphalet?
>>
>>53744357
True. But those guys are Chads created in a lab and given the colours of the yiffs and told to act like furry deviants. The true dogfuckers are dying out and will be replaced by new generations of pretend dogfuckers. Muh honor muh culture muh barbaric tribalism...hypno-indoctrinated into their fake tourist-trap masturbatory deviant minds. Truly, the blind.
>>
File: 40k keks.jpg (69KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
40k keks.jpg
69KB, 680x462px
>>53744767
Kek, good man, anon.
>>
>>53744784
It might, if i were actually an AL and not just some memeing loyalist fuck.
>>
File: [REDACTED].png (490KB, 696x443px) Image search: [Google]
[REDACTED].png
490KB, 696x443px
>>53744780
He was raised by Emps and in fact operated in secret in Terra with the early "alpha" legion, probably witnessed the failing of [REDACTED]. But now he's trapped on the traitor's side.
It was going to be cool when he was Janus, but apparently Magnus is now shards and gotta catch'em all and he's a fucking plot device.
>>
>>53744837
Plot twist Omegon fuses further with Ianus to make Janus because J is one letter LATER than I
so Ianus is a Magnus shard and a loyalist blood raven?
>>
There are a few recast Ixion Hales on eBay for $21. Just thought I'd let our Custodes players know.

Since everyone seems to have one, I'll have to find a way to kitbash him with the plastics.
>>
>>53743807
Please remind me again why the Russ had to go to Prospero in the first place.
>>
>>53744357
>actually thinking rowboat girlyman used their original fucked-up geneseed
>not thinking that they're just ultrachads painted like spaceyiffs
>not realizing that original spaceyiffs are good as dead
Toppest of keks
>>
>>53743807
he didn't hate him for being a psyker, he hated him for being a fucking Warlock that dabbled deep in maleficorum.
>>
>>53745564
>Please remind me again why the Russ had to go to Prospero in the first place.
Because the Emperor had a bitch fit for his galaxy-renowned super-psyker son doing the one he was born to do
>>
I'm wondering when a Legion like the Wolves is going to be sent against something they can't just rush their way through. Say, a Forge World like Cyraxus, with only a few aboveground cities and large ash wastes. They'd be fucking decimated before they managed to get inside by artillery and held in place with Adsecs and such, Russ would be smashed with orbital fire and Titans the moment he showed himself.

Are the Wolves only good at killing other Legions and scaring normal mortal forces? Seems they're a little overspecialized when they can't just throw sheer ferocity at the enemy and hope that their good squad melee tactics carry the day, sometime SOMEONE is going to hold their rush and just pound them to bits.
>>
File: Warlord-vs-Knight.jpg (193KB, 2378x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord-vs-Knight.jpg
193KB, 2378x1415px
>>53745685
isn't the same true for the Death Guard and World Eaters too?

I think the scene on Armatura showed quite well that the World Eaters, blindly running into every ambush and taking horrible losses, had to be bailed out by Angron and an Orbital Bombardment against Evocati.

Seeing how the Mechanicus can field things far scarier than the Legions, it would be nice to get a story showing them biting on steel, but the Astartes Wank is too severe for that.
>>
>>53745619
>Magnus, don't do the thing
>"I'll prove my father wrong!"
>*Does the thing*
In all honesty, you can't blame a dog for being a dog no more than you can blame a TS being a FUCKING IRREDEEMABLE WITCH.
>>
>>53745756
Death Guard are a bit more careful and cover their advances with sufficiently large amounts of ordnance and heavy weapons, so they're better suited to it than most, but World Eaters, certainly.
Mechanicus vs. Legions is largely determined by terrain if forces are roughly equal, but Marine weapons don't get much scarier than a Stormbird or Primarch, and they're not much to properly supported Titans and Ordinatii, or massed Cybernetica.
They just can't scale up as far as the Mech can - they cap out at Superheavies and small fleets designed for boarding, the Admech cap out at Emperor Titans and Arks Mechanicus battlegroups before they start pulling out the superweapons.

But yeah, a story about the Mech using their insane battlefield coordination and superior firepower to dead stop an Astartes force and do serious damage to them would be fun. You can't break them, they don't even try to match the Astartes in CC, they have no qualms about mass sacrifice of forces and the magical Marine decapitation strikes they always say they can pull off to avoid their relatively titchy numbers don't work particularly well against entire planets of vital systems and enemy leaders who tend to be really nasty fighters themselves and well protected - I imagine a Scry and Die would go pretty damn wrong.
>>
>>53745685
It depends. If they're the protagonists then they're going to win no matter what.
In their Exemplary Battle they fight an AI with healing minions, and tens of SWs die to kill a single one of them...but they still win by dint of guts and blade after suffering Heavy Casualties™
>>
File: laughingdrink.jpg (103KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdrink.jpg
103KB, 413x395px
>>53746094
>Heavy Casualties™
>>
>>53746094
It was fairly obvious that the AI was analogous to swarms of Chainblade Adsec and Castellax/Vorax automata (with some Rites of Eternity for the healing), you can tell by the descriptions, and when the AL engaged the Taghmata Paramar in the Paramar Labyrinth they got royally fucked up by SUPRISE VORAX. Oddly, these crushing casualty ratios against already outnumbered Marine forces never seem to matter even when on a strategic scale the Marines can't afford to lose people like that.

What would be kinda cool was one where there was some actual numbers attached to Marine competence and Mechanicum production/army scale. Writers never do that for Forge Worlds because they'd probably realize that the production of a planet-sized factory is enough to replace the losses and then some if they changed from regular production a bit. Sure, they can't keep it up forever because food, but the enemy certainly can't reproduce losses to that degree. There's tens of millions of Kataphrons alone on a FW, and three of those crush Carnifexes with graviton beams fairly easily.
Marines get a free pass on logistics and even a massive buff where Guilliman is concerned, whereas Mechanicum have all their support and the vast majority of their armies disabled.

Hell, a FW was invaded by Tau and they defended themselves with unsupported Leman Russes and a Baneblade driven by Enginseers, that's just idiotic enough to let them be curbstomped by a few hundred thousand Tau.
>>
>>53744614
why is ferrus wearing blue armour in that pic
>>
>>53746274
>Sure, they can't keep it up forever because food...

If you read Dark Adeptus by Ben Counter (it is a 40k novel, not HH), then they can last a very long time though, a FW isolated and alone in the warp comes back after Emperor knows how long. It took them a couple centuries before they started running out of serfs to recycle into protein paste, they ran out of mineral resources first.
>>
>>53745685

I feel that most of the Legions would fail against a forgeworld. Both Russ and Angron would be pretty much dead on arrival anyway given their complete inability to plan the kind of campaign needed.
>>
>>53747063
Only the top-tier Legions could take on a Forge World.

The Dark Angels, Iron Warriors, Blood Angels, Ultramarines, Sons of Horus and Alpha Legion have the numbers to soak up casualties and skilled(intelligent Primarchs. I could see them taking on a Forge World and winning.

Some of the middle-tier Legions could stalemate/go either way, like the Isstvan Three, Imperial Fists and Thousand Sons.

Night Lords, Death Guard, World Eaters, White Scars and Space Wolves lack numbers, strategy and/or Primarchs worth a damn. They'd get BTFOd
>>
>>53746893
Well, they'd need a decent proportion of the serfs to actually fight the war in case of invasion, but OK, I suppose that would allow them to outlast the invaders, at least. I need to read that book.

>>53747063

I would say Perty would stand some chance if there were no Reductor there to counter him, and possibly Guilliman if the Legion also had significant mortal allies (millions, at least).One legion vs. one Forge World is a pretty clear fight given the numbers involved, you'd need at least three or four just to hold up under the sheer volume of troops the Mech can throw at the Legions.

I suspect that the vast majority of full Forge Worlds joined the Imperium peacefully after contact with the Martians, since we'd have heard of a campaign of that magnitude being launched and they considered Xana worth proper negotiation given it was too strong to easily take. Also, what would you gain from not joining? Way more support in case of attack, way more techpriests to liase with for tech, little imposition aside from a comparatively small materiel tithe.
Only once the Heresy kicked off would you see Astartes needing to fight Forge Worlds, and where we saw that (Cassian Dracos on Mezoa) the enemy were largely other Mechanicum with some IW there to spearhead and oversee, not a full campaign of Marines.

Certainly about half the Legions wouldn't stand a chance strategically, since Archmagi can match Primarch information absorption capabilities judging by the Archimandriture and the Manifolds and there's probably more Archmagi defending a Forge World than Primarchs and other superb generals in one Legion.

IW, SoH, DA, AL if they have time to infiltrate and BA if they have the element of surprise might manage it with a successful beachhead or decap strike, the rest would be dead stopped or be unable to inflict sufficient damage and be ground down. Even the best of Legions would need more numbers or REALLY heavy support from somewhere, Titans or Army cohorts.
>>
>>53745685
The Space Wolves are also supposed to have cunning and guile as traits. This shows up in stories about once in a blue moon though.

>>53746274
>Hell, a FW was invaded by Tau and they defended themselves with unsupported Leman Russes and a Baneblade driven by Enginseers, that's just idiotic enough to let them be curbstomped by a few hundred thousand Tau.
Don't know what bugs me more, how over the top Tau wank gets or that we have this story while the Death of Gryphonne IV remains just a blurb.
>>
>>53747412

not a bad assessment, although it misses some key part, which is mobility. a Legion with a large transport capability and sufficient airlift capability should have no issues evading the majority of Mechanicum units, who are either pinned in fixed locations (serfs) or relatively slow (Titans)

But in any case, no invasion would be successful without air superiority, orbital control or sufficient airlift capability.
>>
>>53747328
>not mentioning Corax
he took on a forgeworld without his legion
>>
>>53747750
Corax had the distinct benefit of Invisibility, it's much easier to take out enemies if they can't see you.
>>
>>53747750
He took on a forgeworld with a moon full of nukes that they just so happened to decide to store in their largest prison. Corax prevailed solely because of a stupid ex machina.
>>
>>53737940
>But you could be emperor
>mmmm-No
>What?
>>
File: How I manage my images folder.png (61KB, 701x229px) Image search: [Google]
How I manage my images folder.png
61KB, 701x229px
>>53747707
>Don't know what bugs me more, how over the top Tau wank gets or that we have this story while the Death of Gryphonne IV remains just a blurb.
What, the IA of Tau vs AdMech was already released? Also, reminder that forgeworlds can even defeat tyranid tendril fleets.
>>
>>53747876
Forgeworlds acting stupid is the norm, however.
>>
>>53747734
The Mech have their own airforce, though. The Baskilion Astra have equal crew performance to the Astartes and an encyclopedic knowledge of all the Astartes vehicles, hence the Tank Hunter. The Xanatite system fleets were giving the navy battlegroup a real kicking until the DA hit them with their one-of-a-kind DaOT bullshit ship granted by Malcador, so it wouldn't be illogical for the Mech to at least restrict Legion air superiority and airlift capabilities somewhat, or use them to safeguard their own Titan landers and shock troop deployment with Myrmidon and Thallax against Marine landings.

Unless the Astartes restrict their operations to raiding and play keep-away with anything nasty they're going to have to fight the Mechanicum in force at some point, they can't really hope to beat them in attrition warfare given they rival largish Tyranid splinter fleets in that regard as shown in one of the 40k Mech codex.

>>53747707

>Death of Gryphonne IV
Had to look that up, but that would be a proper way for a Forge World to die. No bullshit Ex Machinas, no random Marine wank or Chaos bullshit getting in the way, just the cold clicking of casualty reports, weapon effectiveness variation and redeployment. A battle of proper planetary proportions but with no magically inflated stakes or wanky endings, just sit back and enjoy the carnage.

I'd ask for an IA book if we weren't getting one already. Maybe someday.

>>53747918

Nah, that was one of the Tau short stories to hype their new units, that one was the Riptide.
>>
>>53739759
Don't forget angron wasn't even human either.
And for that matter, sanguinius was barely human.
Corax was mini emperor so he was basically fucking (up)
around doing the same experiments the emperor was.
Except for webway tech, which was also an ultimate failure,
the dangers of which were demonstrated by magnus.

Horus had to be warmaster, and so horus had to be corrupted.
That is why horus was not the first to fall to chaos. That is
why the heresy did not start until he fell either.
>>
>>53748254
Webway tech didn't fail because of some secret or hidden flaw, it failed because Magnus was a fucking idiot.
>>
>>53748346
What, that demons can blow holes in it, leaving an
open rift into the warp connected to an expressway
to populated worlds? That the dark eldar have/had
the same problem?
>>
File: Blades without hilts.png (273KB, 365x481px) Image search: [Google]
Blades without hilts.png
273KB, 365x481px
Non-TS/SW anons, do you use psykers in your armies? Those guys do seem interesting when they're not supposed to be commonplace. Or do you have any complaints with 7E's psychic phase?
>>
>>53748600
Far too pricy for what little they bring to my salamanders
>>
>>53748055

storming a Forgeworld won't be easy, but for a well equipped up to nominal strength legion should have no issues taking them head on provided they do adequate planning and ensure a specific set of conditions are met.

First step would be to achieve orbital control, board/destroy/bombard orbital facilities and ships. Capture might be handy, but if not, then so be it.
Once Orbital control is achieved, you enact the second phase. Much like Today and in WWII, the Mechanicum will concentrate their IADS around key locations, Most likely directed by a single mainframe. Now given that Forgeworlds aren't Iraq, where a single Bunkerbuster can knock out KARI without much issues, prime concern would be the knocking out of airfields and other IADS assets. Given that ECM is most likely a thing (especially standoff jamming, given that Inertial navigation is still a thing in the 31st Millennium) which would reduce reaction time. This combined with the fact that Drop pods can deploy troops under 4 mins (getting from earth to Orbit takes 8) means that its fairly easy to deploy units within those airfields/ batteries, extraction may, or may not be an problem depending on a lot of factors.
Now with the IADS sufficiently on the ropes, the second major phase begins, which is the strategic bombing campaign. Note that this one, can, depending on how effective your SEAD/DEAD is, be run parallel to your SEAD campaign, which might be useful at it can allow you to gain local tactical superiority. In this scenario we assume that the Mechanicum will mobilize all their assets including their human serfs, and non combat servitors in anticipation of the ground game. As such, bombing should be focussed against habitation bloc's, maglev railways, major road arteries as well as industrial hubs etc. The larger scale this is in the intial assault the better given it will deplete their manpower and equipment.

(1/?)
>>
>>53742534
anyone?
>>
File: Mechanicum vs Tau IA.jpg (353KB, 2716x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanicum vs Tau IA.jpg
353KB, 2716x1244px
>>53748705
>IADS
>SEAD/DEAD
>extraction may, or may not be an problem depending on a lot of factors.
I appreciate your interest, and I'm also in the camp of "People seem to ignore we do have accounts of primarchless legions defeating Forgeworlds with help of a Titan Maniple" as seen on Incaladion, plus "A Primarch vs a force without a primarch of their own usually means victory unless the enemy runs away" as seen on Gaardinal, but come on.
You're speaking a lot but saying too little:
"extraction may, or may not be an problem depending on a lot of factors" merely means "stuff can happen".
Furthermore, tackling a Forgeworld isn't something you can pen down into a manual simply because they're so different from one another, and Guilliman would agree with me.
Remember how Graia fucking fell to ORKS, yet Daugel Helix ->>>53747918 killed a splinter fleet, and the one Tau are going to hit in the upcoming IA is mostly barren on the surface but a fucking planet-wide zones mortalis underneath, like Sarum (allied to WE), and zones mortalis can halt the advance of even space marines, like how Paramar halted the ALs, or how their termies were defeated at the listening station before [REDACTED].
>>
>>53748923
depends on how autistic you are
>>
>>53748705

Now the Groundgame begins. the major peculiarity of the Mechanicum both in fluff and rules is the fact they are seriously short on motorization, assuming the Skitarii fluff applies to the HH era, we can safely state that mobile units are a minority of their total forces. With the overwelming majority (and hopefully, considerably weakened) being fuming Serfs and Servitors which have no mobility at all. This also applies to the Skitarii (who are bereft of transport as per their Codex). Given this, at this point, (if anything has gone more or less according to plan) the Mechanicum Logos will settle in a static defence of key points, since any form of mobile force concentration would be spotted and subjected to air and orbital attack.

Given that these units are held on site, means that they aren't a cohesive unit, and in the case of a meaningful attack, would have to be massed first, a problem due to loss of air power as well as the fact that your Invading legion gets considerable intel from up top.
As such, Mechicum units are forced in either a static defense or are forced to meet a far more mobile legion in the field, which can then pick them off piecemeal.
If they settle into a static defence (which is more likely) the Legion in question would simply concentrate nearly all of their force against a single hardpoint before moving on to the next.

Overall its fairly feasible to do for a full strength legion, as long as proper preparations are made, and Command and Control is both Competent and unified. A Primarch and his direct staff should have no issues planning and executing such an operation in good order IMO
(2/2)
>>
If Kastelan bots have access to Heavy Phosphor blasters, invented after the loss of Phosphex, shouldn't Castellax have some sort of guns that replace their hands at the expense of their Smash rule?
Gauntlet-mounted bolters and flamers don't seem fitting to a cybernetic mounstrosity.
>>
>>53748954
is it easier to paint or no with barrels off
>>53749010
>implying Fw and Gw have the same writing team
Just like the dev team for warhammer TW and atilla Tw right
>>
>>53748705
Slight problem with the careful plan, though, although I do see your point.

You're outnumbered a thousand to one, obtaining outright orbital superiority may be a tad difficult given Mechanicum can support from the grounds and they'll certainly be shooting back at you as you try to use your expensive Marine-crewed aircraft and ships to Iron Hand their defences. The Mechanicum are pretty much the unmatched masters of ECM in the Imperium, they can almost certainly counter Legion assets given they probably provided most of them. Archmagi fighting each other in the noosphere messed up the Ark Mechanicus they were in from sheer collateral damage, let alone deliberate sabotage.
They do have a significant mobile capability too, the Skitarii are unique to Mars in the Heresy and Forge Worlds have some pretty badass infrastructure to move the rest around, plus the Autokrator armoured divisions and Tech-Guard, who have been shown to use transport in the fluff frequently. Some, like Empyrite Tahllax and such can teleport, and they have air transport too.

You seem to be assuming the Mechanicum will just sit there and let you pick them apart from orbit without attempting to disrupt bombardment with their system fleets (which is quite easy according to Battlefleet Gothic, as maintaining the correct orientation to precisely bombard a planet makes you a sitting duck relative to enemy warships), interrupt any surgical strikes or manage to ever mobilize sufficient forces to stall the Legion, and remember EVERY inhabitant of the Forge World is a combatant of some skill thanks to Electoos and noospheric guidance.

What's the numbers on Legion aircraft? Because given the available manpower pool for the Legions is around 150000 tops, they'll have serious difficulty damaging the hardened infrastructure of an ENTIRE PLANET if their warfleet is occupied at all by the enemy and looking at Xana that's rather likely.
>>
File: 1483761719732.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1483761719732.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
so anon, what legion do you play and why?
>>
File: 1357510216349.jpg (606KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1357510216349.jpg
606KB, 2560x1440px
>>53748469
The problem isn't that demons can blow holes into it. The Webway was built to circumvent the Warp. We're not sure what originally opened the breach in Commogragh (which could've easily just been the Birth of Slaanesh or some other horrifically strong event), but Magnus breaching the Webway is the equivalent of him pulling a Kool-aid Man through the walls in his rush to tell his dad that Horus was betraying him, oblivious to the fact that the hole in the wall is also letting in gribbly beasts from an alternate dimension into the house.

The Eldar (of all colors), and Emperor, rely on the Webway being a secure route. What the Emperor wasn't counting on was Magnus hammering his way in by brute force to tell him something he could've just used the land-line for. While I do like the Thousand Sons and Magnus, he legit fucked up here. The message literally could've waited the time it'd take to send it normally, or even physically travelling to Earth in person. It did nothing but put a death warrant on the 1kSons. He did not fuck up intentionally, but he still fucked up considerably.
>>
File: Battle for Paramar's Panopticon.png (1MB, 1024x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Battle for Paramar's Panopticon.png
1MB, 1024x1330px
>>53748977
Why would they need to walk? They're already there. When you're attacking the beehive it doesn't matter how good flyers the bees themselves are: both combatants are already there and it comes down to might.
Not to mention they move at running speed at best, but they never need to rest unlike other armies. And that's how early humans hunted, Jason Vhooring the shit out of the prey.
And mechanicum forces are the most cohesive of them all. You're running on so many wrong assumptions. Their forces can recieve orders instantly by noospheric direct link, and can even be fucking possessed by their commanders, srsly, do you think them fucking mortals or something?
Reminder it was the Ultramarines themselves who suffered from a lack of cohesion after the traitors made interference and rendered vox transmissions useless, while they used the warp and witchery.
I was going to entertain the thought of being able to conquer a forgeworld since nothing is invincible and even less so for space marines, but come on you have the cognitive power of a lone servitor.
Your idea of a Forgeworld is merely that of mortals, and those were recorded throwing off the attacks of the Emperor's Children so deftly both the Ultramarines and the Blood Angels had to be called in. Or again, Gaardinal Prime before Ferrus' arrival.
>Overall its fairly feasible to do for a full strength legion, as long as proper preparations are made
>as long as proper preparations are made
>AS LONG AS PROPER PREPARATIONS ARE MADE
Of course the fucking preparations matter, you sack of geneseed.
>>
>>53749369
There had been breaches in the webway before so it's hardly Magnuses' fault, and if had gone through the warp then it would be far more suspicous and would be taken out by chaos
>>
File: Dark Eldar Kheradruakj.jpg (37KB, 272x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar Kheradruakj.jpg
37KB, 272x400px
>>53749369
>We're not sure what originally opened the breach in Commogragh
There's a breach in Commoragh? Gee I wonder why.
>>53749419
>There had been breaches in the webway before, so it's hardly Magnuses' fault for fucking breaking it with a Tzeentch-assisted fucking psychic hammer.
The Burning of Prospero was a tragedy in the way that both the SW and the TS fucking survived the encounter instead of wiping out each other and alleviating the gallaxy of their collective existence.
>>
>>53748469
They couldn't blow holes through the Emperor's protection, the same protection all Eldar lack (with the exception of the Harlequins, who are shielded by Cegorach).

Magnus was played the same way he's always played, and fucked everything up.
>>
>>53749419
Read MoM. The Webway project was way more involved than just opening up a webway gate, and Magnus fucked it all up. He destroyed delicate wards, he killed/crippled who knows how many of the Emperor's scientists and apprentices, he destroyed valuable lore and archeotech taken from literally thousands of worlds...

Yes, it is exactly Magnus' fault.
>>
>>53749640
You know that tech was only found because it was lost because of Magnus right
>>
>>53749694
>"You know that tech was only found because it was lost because of Magnus right"

... What

That isn't even a coherent sentence.

Anyway, Magnus didn't contribute more to the project than any other Primarch, and then he wrecked it.
>>
>>53749694
>>53749927
fuck off Carnac, Chaos does not need to be responsible for everything.
>>
>>53749994
Except Chaos is literally responsible for everything
>>
>>53750108
Old Ones, Necrons, Nids, Orks, Eldar, C'tan...
>>
File: 40k adbook.png (2MB, 868x1732px) Image search: [Google]
40k adbook.png
2MB, 868x1732px
>>53749640
>Read MoM
Kek.
>>
Why BL had to give MoM to the author who is known by everyone as notorious the Emperor-hater?
>>
>>53750108
I said fuck off Carnac, or should I say ADB the tripfag
>>53750783
Style not content mattered for sales
>>
>>53750846
>Style not content mattered for sales
>implying it wasn't done on purpose and BL isn't a conclave of prophetic heretics trying to discredit our glorious future sovereign
>>
>>53750938
>trumposting
It ended with Bane
>>
>>53750995
Where the fuck did he mention Trump?
>our glorious future sovereign
referred to The Emperor. Seriously, how anally annihilated are you?
>>
>>53751085
But, anon, it's [current year]!
>>
File: IMG_20170611_175928280.jpg (2MB, 1844x1037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_175928280.jpg
2MB, 1844x1037px
My pot of Dechala Lilac finally came in, so now I can begin highlighting my marines. It really is a nice, subtle effect on the armor, even if it's going to take a while to trim each one cleanly.
>>
>>53752041
Probs help if I mentioned for reference: left and mid highlighted, right not yet highlighted for comparison.
>>
>>53752041
Yeah, looks good.

What about a wash, though? It looks like some shading would make an even bigger difference. If you do, I'd use a slightly bluer tone of purple to contrast with the warmer one you're using.
>>
>>53752133
It's actually already washed, the normal tone of the mixed purple I use is kinda light. As for purple washes, are there any you'd suggest? I've been using Druchii Violet, since the Army Painter purple wash doesn't show up very well.
>>
Was 30k Suzerain/40k Honour Guard style winged-mask helmet Ultramarines exclusive?
>>
>>53752751
I could see fists wearing them.
>>
File: 69th_INF_REG_COA.gif (6KB, 82x174px) Image search: [Google]
69th_INF_REG_COA.gif
6KB, 82x174px
>>53752751
Yep. Have a coat of arms for your trouble.
>>
Could you guys suggest some cool bird-winged creature (real or myth) that aren't eagle or hawk? It's for a flyer naming.
>>
>>53753595
Rocs and Griffon/Gryphons are cool mythological creatures.

What sort of flyer? And what Legion? There are all sorts of references you could make.
>>
>>53753595
Osprey, Harrier, Kestrel, Skua, Cormorant, Condor, Sparrowhawk, Shrike.
>>
>>53753595
Nothing scarier than a goose. This being the GW universe, you are obligated to call it the Stormgoose.

Okay, okay. Birds with cool names:
Osprey, Harrier, Kestrel, Skua, Boobie, Fulmar, Quetzal, and I'll avoid the corvids because GW's already gotten a hold on those names.

lol, "storm petrel" is an actual thing.
>>
File: IMG_3194.jpg (102KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3194.jpg
102KB, 565x800px
One scary bird right here, the Shoebill
>>
>>53753595
The Pelican has long and interesting history in heraldry and myth.
>>
>>53754029
But we already have Stormpelican Gunship.... oh wait.
>>
>>53752041
>those winged bits and the little heraldic shields
They look so perfect for the legion I have to ask where you got those?
>>
>>53754432
BA or DA I think, but by looking at the sword I'm inclining toward one of DA bits.
>>
>>53754432
The shields come on the Cataphractii sprue and the wings I believe he green-stuffed, possibly based off the DA Veteran helmet wings.
>>
File: you friccin heretic.png (507KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
you friccin heretic.png
507KB, 600x840px
>>53750432
But Chaos really is best stepdad
>>
>>53753595
Lord of Change
>>
>>53742776
I need to 'acquire' that as an epub.
>>
>>53754572
>>53754522
>>53754432
The wing is indeed greenstuffed, but the mold I used is the Imperial Aquila included in the GW Rhino kit (which is included in other Imperial kits too iirc). Lubricate the mold with something like oil or petroleum jelly, insert a little wad of greenstuff, and then press flat. If you're just making one, you can leave it in to cure a bit, or if you're pressed for time (or making multiple pieces), you can very carefully pry the piece out with a pin or x-acto knife. It's a little tedious, but it sure as hell beats buying that bit for every Terminator.
>>
File: IMG_20170611_210041692.jpg (1MB, 1036x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_210041692.jpg
1MB, 1036x706px
>>53754885
I'm on a roll tonight with attaching pics
>pic related
>>
>>53740678
Lion was too autistic and had a tendency to kill his own guys for no reason
>>
>>53754909
You literally just described Perturabo. Lion was a top-tier strategist and fighter and loyal to a fault.
>>
>>53754700
It's really bad.
>>
>>53755271
I don't know. So much of the HH books have redefined what 'bad' is.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483171409784.jpg (13KB, 384x304px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483171409784.jpg
13KB, 384x304px
How's my iron warriors list /hhg?

+++ Iron warriors (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy) [2000pts] +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2000pts] ++

+ HQ [280pts] +

Erasmus Golg [175pts]

Master of Signal [105pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolt Pistol, Chainsword or Combat Blade
. . Consul [45pts]: Master of Signal [45pts]

+ Elites [425pts] +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [205pts]
. . Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [205pts]: Havoc Launcher [15pts], Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons [15pts]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [220pts]: 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines [108pts], Veteran Tactics: Marksmen
. . Additional Wargear [30pts]: 2x Meltagun [30pts]
. . Legion Veteran Sergeant [30pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Thunder Hammer [20pts]

+ Troops [385pts] +

Legion Tactical Squad [170pts]: 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines [90pts]
. . Additional Wargear [20pts]: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades [20pts], Bolters
. . Legion Tactical Sergeant [25pts]: Artificer Armour [10pts], Bolter, Power Fist [15pts]

Legion Terminator Squad [215pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators [120pts], 4x Power Fist [20pts], Reaper Autocannon [15pts]
. . Legion Terminator Sergeant [5pts]: Power Fist [5pts]

+ Heavy Support [535pts] +

Iron Havoc Support Squad [260pts]: 4x Iron Havoc [100pts], 4x Lascannon [60pts]
. . Iron Havoc Sergeant [15pts]: Lascannon [15pts]

Legion Heavy Support Squad [135pts]: Heavy Bolter, 4x Legion Space Marines [80pts], Shrapnel Bolts

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron [140pts]
. . Legion Vindicator Tank [140pts]: Armoured Ceramite [20pts], Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes: IV: Iron Warriors, Traitor

Rite of War: The Ironfire

+ Lords of War [375pts] +

War Machine Detachment [375pts]
. . Questoris Knight Paladin [375pts]: Rapid-fire battlecannon
>>
File: Minus-T Press Mold.png (2MB, 1478x4429px) Image search: [Google]
Minus-T Press Mold.png
2MB, 1478x4429px
>>53754885
>>53754905
I happen to have a tutorial for this sort of thing saved. Used it to do the shoulders on my DA.
>>
Imperial Fists are low-tier legion. Dispute this.

>you can't
>>
Sons of Horus are low-tier, bad SCs, one-dimensional and one-trick pony Legion. Dispute this.
>>
Warhammer is a low-tier game. Don't bother disputing this.
>>
Considering this thread basically dead and full of shitposts I'ma talk about BL and the new Dark Imperium story some.

In MoM and Dark Imperium the Emperor is portrayed as basically being the Terran Warlord that won. Cold, calculating, manipulative and above all else determined to win. This is driven by his desire to 'save mankind' which is another way of saying control everything and everyone because he knows best.

Now I'm not sure how people view this change/explanation but it does help explain A LOT of the criticisms leveled against the Emperors treatment of the Primarchs. The Primarch project viewed from this newer perspective was a mission to create the strongest generals the galaxy has ever seen. I'd be pissed at Angron too if after scouring the galaxy for him he there with a bunch of lobotomized slaves about to die.

Too often I think the great crusade is viewed as the end goal of the Emperors plan. We know its not but as fans of whatever legion we take away too much from whats in front of us then what the idea behind it might have been. Magnus's censoring at Nikae makes more sense when you view it as the emperor being pissed at Magnus talking about changing humanity and searching for knowledge instead of psykers which he obvious isnt against otherwise Magnus and the TSons wouldnt exist. If Magnus had stood up and disintegrated one of the marines talking against him and then claimed that psykers were the best tool for conquering the galaxy the Emps probably would have listened. Because he just didnt give a shit about anything but conquering. He didnt stop Curze he ordered him to continue.

Its basically as if Paul Atreides was an asshole and Im ok with that. Anyways thoughts?
>>
File: Lorgar was a mistake2.jpg (362KB, 1280x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar was a mistake2.jpg
362KB, 1280x1116px
>>53754599
>Lorgar was a mistake
t. Chaos
>>
>>53755437
Ironfire? But you have only two troops and a single Vindicator!
At 2000pts the enemy may not have enough stuff to counter your dudes, however. Or maybe they do. It depends on how much plasma and Medusae they have.
>>
File: Ahriman_by_n924.jpg (254KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_by_n924.jpg
254KB, 600x544px
>>53756440
>If Magnus had stood up and disintegrated one of the marines talking against him and then claimed that psykers were the best tool for conquering the galaxy the Emps probably would have listened. Because he just didnt give a shit about anything but conquering.
The Emperor had already warned Magnus about the dangers of diving too deep into the Warp. And what did Magnus do? Not only dismissed His advice, but unknowingly (and stupidly) promoted the summoning of daemons as familiars, and in the end broke mankind's hope only because he wanted to save the Emperor through illegal magiks. "See? I was right, father! I was right and you were wrong!". That's why it's called "Magnus' Folly". His legion is the fucking living proof that drawing too much power will turn you into abominations, and yet he pushed for unlimited unrestricted magic works, which ended up ruining the Librarius project for EVERYONE, like the BAs. Yet another thing he ruined
>He didnt stop Curze he ordered him to continue.
Curze was supposed to be summoned to Terra for censoring but Istvaan V took priority.
>>
>>53756440
>If Magnus had stood up and disintegrated one of the marines talking against him and then claimed that psykers were the best tool for conquering the galaxy the Emps probably would have listened.
I think you misunderstood Nikea. There was no chance of the verdict going any other way, regardless of pro-psyker testimony. The Emperor had to throw a bone to the anti-witch factions within the Imperium who were growing increasingly agitated. It's not like the legions actually needed their librarians until the Heresy broke out.
>>
>>53756720
I dont seee how you rant about Magnus has anything to do with my post.

As for Curze yes and that was at the very end of the GC. The atrocities he had committed at that point basically forced the Emperors hand because of the complaints others had raised. Perhaps I'm miss remembering but I dotn remember reading that the Emps was ever that upset with Curze except when he targeted Imperial worlds.

>>53756750
>I think you misunderstood Nikea
A little on purpose. I think the only way he would have changed his mind was if Magnus had shown a more militant argument and desire in allowing the use of psykers. Thats more the discussion I'm putting forward.
>>
>>53756806
>I think the only way he would have changed his mind was if Magnus had shown a more militant argument and desire in allowing the use of psykers.
I completely disagree. The Great Crusade was coming to a close. The martial value of psykers (which the Emperor understood perfectly well) was no longer worth the drawbacks.
>>
>>53756806
The discussion about Nikea always gets side-tracked from what the Emperor wanted to happen and onto blame / not-blame. I think your point is correct but the example you give would not have flown.
The Emperor shut down Magnus and Legion psykers because Mags was moving too fast and too far. Emperor absolutely did not fucking want anyone discerning Chaos powers as a thing much less fucking talking to them.
The ban on Legion psykers would likely have been revoked eventually, once the Emperor had gotten the Webway up and running and could exert more control over their knowledge and perception of chaos. It goes hand-in-hand with the Imperial Truth robbing Chaos of the power of belief.
It's BL but the thing where the Imperial commanders literally think that a Thousand Son (Amon) is practicing sorcery is presented as one of the tipping points for the Emperor coming down HARD. Because that was way too far and edging into the areas of using the Warp he wanted them to avoid until he could control their conception of it and use them and his other tools to fight it.

The Sons and everyone else never got that it was going to be a temporary timeout because the Emperor was didactic and didn't explain shit.

So yes I think you are correct in saying he wanted them and the Librarius to become his future battle psykers, but he wanted them to do it when and how he wanted, not for them to go off and open boxes he wanted shut.

Magnus and the TS' real fault - beyond being fucked from the start by Tzeentch Just-As-Planning them - is that they had too much initiative where delving into the warp is concerned.

Look at later Marine developments like the Grey Knights, or even the nega-version like the Exorcists. Rigid control and indoctrination, insanely strict criteria and operating procedures.
>>
>>53756806
>I dont seee how you rant about Magnus has anything to do with my post.
That it doesn't really matter the Emperor's motivations for the Edict of Nikea: Magnus justified the outcome by himself.
But yes, as a matter of fact a censure to the NL was long looooong overdue.
>>
>>53756644
Yeah the ironfire was tacked on at the end. Wasn't planning on using a right of war, but my army just so happened to fit the ironfire row without any modification. So why not take the added bonuses, right? I think the amount of pie plates this list has is bretty nasty.
>>
>>53756867
Part of the Emperor's whole thing is shepherding and guarding humanity into their ineviatable development into a psychic race in such a way that they will not be nommed by Chaos or fall into corruption.
Why he designed his own psychic soldier legion is a matter of debate - were they a test bed or slated to be the first warriors to conquer the Webway, or something else - but he did. He didn't order the TS to be exterminated at any point, and encourage the growth of psykers. He just wanted to control it, and them. He was all about control. Any knowledge of the setting should lead you to question the idea that psychic marines would not be useful in the Emperor's plan, much less unavoidable.
>>
>>53756867
Vehemently disagree with your post.
The Great Crusade never ended, and in fact will never end. It wasn't Horus who traveled all the way up to the edge of the Astronomicon's light.
It was Macharius.
The orks were never fully erradicated, the Eldar were never extinguished, the Webway was never fully breached, Tau and Kroot show there were still alien races left to eliminate, and now Tyranids and Necrons have joined the fray, worlds are secceeding and cults rise by the day.
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only way, anon. The Crusade simply can't end.
>>
>>53756973
>He just wanted to control it, and them. He was all about control.
Did the flesh change happen when the TS overwitched themselves or to regular marines using their bolters?
>>
>>53757024
I doubt any of that would matter if the Emperor had 10,000 years to enact his grand plan.
>>
>>53757053
It could happen at any time but was more likely when they used powers. It's a combination of a Perils test and a genetic flaw. Also Tzeentch liked giving them loaded dice when they rolled for Perils.
>>
File: 1493153890187.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1493153890187.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>53754599
God I thought those were fidget spinners for a second. I've been seeing them so much its become wubconcious.
>>
>>53757074
Then I'd say this exemplifies the lack of control and misuse by the TS of their psychic gifts, and that a full re-education was due.
Though I wouldn't have decreed "no psykers anymore" like the Emperor, I would have assigned the TS to serve under direct supervision by the Custodian guard, with Chaplain-Wardens.
>>
>Make a Legion of psychic marines on purpose
>Your work develops a genetic flaw which makes them mutate into abominations
>You become aware of this but apparently don't try and fix it for reasons?
>Travel to Prospero with the TS legion fleet who have the majority of their marines in suspended animation on their ships because they've started showing signs of the flaw
>Give them to their Primarch and tell him it's his problem
>He apparently solves the genetic flaw in your design with his own knowledge and is able to retroactively save everyone who hasn't actually turned into a homicidal turd monster already
>Never ask him what he did to solve this problem in your own design

What the fuck was that, a test? Good job, Emperor.
>>53757119
Sounds fine. And indeed, strict supervision/indoctrination and genetic control are hallmarks of Grey Knights etc.
The problem, as fun as these chats are, is that the Thousand Sons were officially Fucked by Tzeentch and the Emperor apparently didn't know. Theoretically only he could have saved them, and he didn't get around to it.
>>
>>53756720
>Curze was supposed to be summoned to Terra for censoring but Istvaan V took priority.
To be fair, Curze almost killed Dorn and then blew up Nostramo. Not like it was entirely a criticism of his methods.
>>
>>53756973
>He just wanted to control it,
This was, at least among older fluff constantly true.

Just finished Eye of Terror, Fateweaver tips his fedora to Emps for outmaneuvering him using multiple Choas gods and admits that he wants to kill Emps to create a warp god of order and control to war against.
>>
File: Rapture public announcement.jpg (273KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Rapture public announcement.jpg
273KB, 512x512px
>>53757151
>What's the matter, Marius? You look like you could use a boost!
>I don't feel so great. I'm dizzy, I'm nauseous, and sometimes I'm even seeing things that aren't there.
>That's just the Psyker blues, Marius. You just need to slow down a bit on the witching. Before you know it, you'll be as right as rain. Remember, a smart Psyker is a happy Psyker.
>Nah, witches gonna witch
>*Suffers flesh change*
>>
File: interrogator.jpg (65KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
interrogator.jpg
65KB, 250x238px
>>53739404
>>
I'm very confused as to how play Death Guard. Do you wanna make a list with "The Reaping" with lots of heavy weapons or do you wanna "Orbital Assault" spam lots of terminators.
>>
>>53745756
What the hell is up with that Titan loadout? Fist means it wants be be beating up on other Titans, but plasma is for melting swathes of infantry and Primarchs and lighter tanks rather than other Titans, especially with no carapace weapon to deal with void shields. Also, Warlord isn't perhaps the best at melee even with a building-sized power fist, it's a fancy artillery is platform.

Forge World, why you no arm Titan good?
>>
>>53757625
That ladies hair is a skull.

Is her stylist a Squat?
>>
>>53758078
Well, the cosmetic surgeon there eventually decided that he didn't particularly like being boring and realistic and decided to copy Picasso in his work, which didn't exactly have superb results. Hair stylist is probably less dangerous, but that wouldn't be too strange for just pre-Collapse Rapture, I'd think.
>>
>>53758032
Just take turbolasers.

t. Sheev
>>
>>53754991
You literally just described Pertuabo's loyal shard tho
>>
>>53758159
>Palpatine-pattern Warlord Titan
>It's just a Psi-Warlord holding a tiny Darksaber and with some kind of gigantic Lightning Cannon in the upgraded Saturnyne Lascutter.
Fund it. It's already got a massive laser sword and psychic powers, not too large a step.
>>
>>53757024
>The Great Crusade never ended
I totally agree with you, but it seems to be a major theme of a lot of the early BL novels that the Great Crusade is coming to a close and everyone's getting anxious about that. I don't know how in the world they're thinking that it's nearly done.

Maybe it's like how the fate of a lot of wars look to have been determined when they're really just halfway through. The big enemy empires were done, and there were still a ton of others go to through but it looked like it'd be easy. Dunno. Doesn't make sense to me, either.
>>
>>53757966
They're one of the few legions that can footslog because they have shooty Terminators (Grave Wardens) to defend a heavy weapon gunline from deep strikers while contributing to its shooting. They can also walk behind your shambling masses of marines and support their shooting and their assault once they reach the enemy. Move through Cover helps a lot.

Terminators in Land Raiders+Tacticals in Rhinos is also a viable option. Their lascannons cover your anti-tank needs.

And so's Orbital Assault. If you use it, you want chainfists and melta weapons for anti-tank duty.

Basically, it's hard to go wrong. They're a flexible legion.
>>
Is there a way that non-WE legions can take chainaxes? I play Iron Warriors and I'd love me some chainaxes, ultimate trench warfare weapons.
>>
File: 1496645795644.png (32KB, 1031x492px) Image search: [Google]
1496645795644.png
32KB, 1031x492px
i found this on /co/
i am sickened but curious
>>
>>53758657
Yes, but they cost 4 points
>>
>>53758407
what about using "pride of the legion" and using Crysos Morturg to infiltrate hordes of terminators and plasma weapons into the enemy's face?
>>
>>53758692
Can tacticals or assault support units take them, or other unit entries?
>>
>>53736685
Not quite heresy this time, I will call it an improvement Curzefag; dont get penisy kid
>>
>>53758336
Indeed. I won't deny it looked like the humans had won the first half, so naturally they'd win the second half as well, but wars tend to devolve to guerrillas, and those aren't a piece of cake either. Even the extermination of clearly marked enemies can prove difficult and lenghty.
Remember tanks being ambushed in the middle east, the improvised explosive devices, how the traitors lost so many at clearing the doomed-but-not-defenseless loyalists.
Mankind's supremacy over the galaxy was going to happen at that point, but that didn't mean it was going to be neither easy nor guaranteed.
>>
>>53756929
Isn't ironfire only for barrages? So literally only the master of signal's once per game attack? Iron fire does fuck all for your list.
>>
>>53758721
World eaters and black shields only. Wolves might be able to take them but I think not.
>>
>>53759361
SoH reavers also can take em
>>
>>53759426
Now if only they didnt cost an arm, a leg and a testicle in points...
>>
File: IMG_2889.jpg (32KB, 536x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2889.jpg
32KB, 536x313px
I kinda want to include a Knight-Errant (Malcador's guys, not the LoW) with my Custodes to break up the color scheme a little and to add some variety.
That said, they are such a liability that I wonder if it's worth it.
As is, what gear/rules are useful? And what Legion should he hail from?
>>
>>53759527
>That said, they are such a liability that I wonder if it's worth it.
Rules wise they aren't worth it, they are 100-200 point centurions that make winning harder.

>As is, what gear/rules are useful?
they are very customisable so you can turn them into anything you want. You want a jump pack, librarian apothecary with a power fist? A sniper techmarine with a lightning claw? Go ahead.

>And what Legion should he hail from?
Literally makes no rules difference so it's up to you. I'm making three, a dickhead Night Lord, a Terran Raven Guard and a third guy I am undecided on.
>>
>Flawless Cut on Solarite Talons
Thoughts?
I just want my shield-captain to be not shit...
>>
>>53759608
I assume putting a apothecary-biomancer with my Haeteroi would be a little much? There's a free spot in their Coronus...
As for the legion, Iwas more thinking about their background, since I can't really decide.
>>
>>53759642
>model talons and archaeotech pistol
>run as paragon spear
>>
>>53759670
Yeah it's a bit cheesy but you are playing custodes so it's kinda par for the course now.

Custodes aren't really mates with knight errants, in fact it's a miracle that anything on Terra got done with Dorn, Emps and Malcador commanding personal armies and only having slightly similar objectives.
>>
>>53758032
it's obviously in urban combat configuration, probably in anti-orkoid loadout.

No shoulder mounted weaponry to funnel more energy towards the plasma cannon, a massive powerfist to pull down buildongs and structures without wasting ammo or leaving energy signatures. Also mega bolter to engage large amounts of infantry chaff at point blank range.
>>
>>53759642
Have a Shield Captain with Solerite Talons as well; but I just basically max him out to butcher standard squads. It's one of the least effective weapons for Custodians, but it's so damn cool looking.

For fluff and pure crushing of 3+ saves, run the claws; otherwise run the Paragon Spear so you don't waste your time.
>>
oh god, I think GW managed to delet all the various chinamen.
>>
File: 0UjJ7o2.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
0UjJ7o2.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>53760338
>>
>>53760338
bs, yoyhammer plebbit shows nothing of the sort
>>
>>53760338
Nope
>>
File: 1495519500683.jpg (167KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1495519500683.jpg
167KB, 764x551px
>>53745685
there's that short story of the Alpha Legion hijacking a Mechanicus ship... so they could probably do it.
>>
>>53762334
Yeah but that's the Alpha Legion, they are actually competent
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.