[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 134

File: Primer 2.png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Primer 2.png
2MB, 1400x1800px
He did the monster mash. It was a graveyard smash.

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:
>>53642463
>>
File: Monster Mash.png (302KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Mash.png
302KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Graveyard Smash.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Graveyard Smash.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Mythweaver.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mythweaver.png
232KB, 375x523px
>>53719662
Costing and everything seem fine. I like opponent's choice cards, so it works for me. Was going to suggest "may" but you can always fail to find so not really necessary.

>>53719683
For one less than Ashen Powder, the combination of being limited to your own graveyard, and the opponent's choice aspect makes me feel this is a bit underwhelming. I almost want to say you could make this an instant, because I'm not sure you can really make it cheaper.

Just more garbage from me.
>>
Apologies for the late reply. I was at work, and apparently they found a way to block 4chan posts.

>>53717406
>Is this Timeguy PW with an actual name?
It is. And to be honest, I don't remember what advice you gave me, sorry. I might've just forgotten to implement the change, or I could've been more confident in my design then, dunno. Hope it doesn't seem like I was just blowing you off.

>card
Seems like an OK common. I'm almost tempted to have the Bolster scale with counters, but that might push it to uncommon territory. I think there was a G creature from DTK that worked similarly though. I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>53720289
>Hope it doesn't seem like I was just blowing you off.
I don't think it's possible to offend me at this point; I'd have to be a positive contributor for that to happen. Plus, you make the cards you want. If someone offers advise that actually makes sense or they are someone you respect over some random, then that's fine.

>Knight
Thanks.
>>
>>53720289
Ah, here's the card. Kinda surprised it's common though.
>>
File: 203.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53720364
Forgot image. Tired.
>>
Make a legendary wurm. Best one wins.
>>
>>53720380
>>53720364
It's allowed in that 20% of commons that can violate NWO. They may have justified it since most of it basically qualifies as ability word/keyword rules text in terms of structure.
>>
>>53720409
What's with the recent NWO kick in the threads? I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just weird.
>>
File: Waterboard.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Waterboard.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53720510
I dunno it came up when Timeanon posted his green and white commons for his new set, as I recall. I think it's because he makes fairly complex commons. I personally follow it now because I mostly make commons anymore but also know that you get an allowance of cards that violate it so I don't criticize cards that aren't technically compliant. I agree it's a bit odd but for folks like me that are focused on making cards that could fit into the game proper without making too many waves in terms of balance it's a nice set of rules to follow.

>>53720533
Mutilate says this is inadvisable.
>>
>>53718944
If I knew you in real life, I think I'd slap you for saying this. You can't say you're the worst non-troll poster here, that's ridiculous. Your cards are way beyond the Cardsmith-tier garbage we've all seen get posted here from time to time. You need to stop beating yourself up for not matching the high standards you set for yourself in your head. It's just not good for you in the long run.
>>
>>53720510
Grumps redpilled us and gave us a really good resource. And yeah, what >>53720659 said, we all got a lot of exposure to it after critiquing Time anon's cards. It probably helped that Time anon has always had complex commons, and I'm guessing that the people who brought it up before really latched onto the link Grumps gave us as a way to really validate what they were saying. Just my opinion at least.
>>
>>53719443
>He did the monster mash. It was a graveyard smash.
I'm curious, did you say this because of The Mummy? Judging from the ratings, it's a complete trashfire. Oh yeah, and I heard that the audience laughed out loud when the movie told them it was the first in a series of shared universe movies.
>>
File: Aria of the Burning Mind.png (285KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aria of the Burning Mind.png
285KB, 375x523px
Hm, already commented on everything posted that isn't mine. Well, I guess I'll just toss this up then.
>>
>>53721037
Decent
>>
File: Blind Archer.png (308KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Archer.png
308KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Apprentice Necromancer.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Apprentice Necromancer.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
How should I word this keyword? Or is there something like this already out there? Activating Necromancy should be optional, how should I change text to reflect that?
Do you like it?
>>
>>53721193
The first ability is fine a la Goblin Test Pilot, but the body is a bit too big I think. The second ability though... how do you justify WU dealing direct damage like this? Even on a R card?

>>53721059
Thanks.
>>
File: Deathly Tyrant.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deathly Tyrant.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>53721238
Or is this wording better.
>>
File: Abyssal Merfolk.png (201KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssal Merfolk.png
201KB, 375x523px
>>53721238
>>53721394
Apprentice Necromancer is already taken as a card name. As far as the ability is concerned, You can word it like Exploit.
>Necromancy N (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may exile N cards from your graveyard.)
Now, for that kind of effect, I don't really care for the name Necromancy; that to me implies raising corpses. You may want to try something like Gravescour or somesuch. I also don't know how easily balanced this effect would be, considering things like Delve and how WotC can't seem to even get it right themselves.
>>
>>53721238
This is an ability word at best.
>>
File: Harvest Witch.png (271KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest Witch.png
271KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53721685
>Whenever a creature dies, its controller puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
>T: Exile target land card from a graveyard. Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
>>
>>53719662
>>53719683
You don't need to have a core tribal theme, but both cards will need you to pick a few core creature subtypes to be used on almost all your creatures if the opponent naming a creature is to be meaningful.

Any creature that does not have one of these core subtypes should either be basically vanilla or particularly unique/strong to warrant not having one.

>>53720162
Not sure, but templating might need to repeat the "Legendary" part for the creatures.

Might I also suggest 0/2 and giving it the equivalent whatever MTG has as a "Bard" subtype.

>>53720533
Even though you're calling on Swamps, reducing toughness means you should be costing with some black. Cards like Ulcerate show that the P/T reduction alone is playable, and you're giving it an upside on top of that.

I'd suggest costing it UB.

>>53721037
Interesting variant of Outpost Siege, but it's also probably a lot more poweful. Red aggro decks are happy to toss out their useless card for two shots at a good spell.

>>53721193
Since the target is chosen at random, I think you could remove the mana cost from the random target.

The WU activation is mechanically problematic though, they shouldn't be dealing direct damage like this.

>>53721238
>>53721394
As other anon said, piggybacking the Exploit template is probably the best way to go.

>>53721581
Is there a reason it needs to shrink its toughness too? You could also make the activation U for -1/-0.

>>53721685
See >>53722030 for templating.

On the flavour side, might I sugest exiling a land plus creature? The creative of that ability feels a little disconnected.

See also: Deathrite Shaman
>>
File: Surf Warden.png (253KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Surf Warden.png
253KB, 375x523px
>>53722946
>Not sure, but templating might need to repeat the "Legendary" part for the creatures.
>Might I also suggest 0/2 and giving it the equivalent whatever MTG has as a "Bard" subtype.
Hm, you might be right about that first part. I'll go ahead and add it. I could also just change it to legendary spells as well, since there aren't many enchantments or anything with that supertype. As far as the Bard subtype goes, there's Citizen and Advisor, neither of which really fit. Rogue I guess kinda works but I don't know that it needs it. Why 0/2 though? I mean if it attacks alone it gets the Exalted benefit but if you have a compelling reason I'm willing to hear it.

>Interesting variant of Outpost Siege, but it's also probably a lot more poweful. Red aggro decks are happy to toss out their useless card for two shots at a good spell.
The issue with Outpost Siege is that it's overcosted slightly due to the utility it brings, since you get to choose one of two effects. Those kinds of cards are always overcosted a bit, like Charms for example.

>Is there a reason it needs to shrink its toughness too? You could also make the activation U for -1/-0.
Flavor, pretty much. Not much of a leg to stand on beyond that, I'll admit.

Pushed common blue one-drop, ahoy. I'm thinking that because of Slither Blade, this might just be okay. I considered making it a 0/3 when it wasn't your turn but I wasn't sure about that, because you might actually want to kill 1/1s with it early game. Maybe people would prefer it that way? It's certainly uncharacteristic of blue to have cheap aggressive creatures, but I guess we'll see what people think. Maybe it just needs a boost to uncommon as it is, or can stay common if it does the 1/2 -> 0/3 thing. I originally had it at 1/2 on your turn and 2/1 when it wasn't your turn but that made less sense to me.
>>
>>53723296
Make it red instead.
>>
>>53723721
Nah, I'd rather make it work in blue. Maybe I'll try the 0/3 option, or changing it to cost 1U as a 1/3 that becomes a 2/2 during your turn.
>>
File: Holy Thunderforce.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Thunderforce.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53724488
Seems fine to me. Pretty pricey for something that does nothing on its own, but I can't really imagine it being cheaper.

Also, bump.
>>
>>53723296
>Mythweaver (>>53720162)
>Why 0/2 though?
Mostly to match the art and the support Bard imagery.

>Surf Warden
Also consider testing with reversed ability and base stats, see which one is easier for players to grok. But note that 1/2 reads more blue than 2/1.

For the record, blue has had like five 2-power creatures for one mana, but four of them have some sort of schtick which makes them less unsuited to aggro. (Phantasmal Bear is the exception.)

>>53724488
Looks like fun. Price is probably about right.
>>
I had a stupid idea, left it alone for several months, and then made a stupid cycle out of it. Combo pieces ahoy! Looking for wording and whether the entire deal is a good idea.

Hunter's Oath 1WW
Enchantment
Whenever a creature with 4 or greater power attacks you or a planeswalker you control, create a 2/2 white soldier creature token with first strike and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token".

Warden's Oath 3GG
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, if it's your turn, create a 3/3 green Beast token with "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token." It fights target creature you don't control.

Jarl's Oath 2RR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your combat step, if you control no creatures, create a 4/4 red Giant token with haste and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token."

Summoner's Oath BB
Enchantment
Whenever a player discards a card, create a 2/2 black Imp token with flying, haste, and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token and lose 2 life."

Coterie's Oath 3UU
Enchantment
The first time in a turn you have exactly zero cards in hand, create a 1/1 blue Bird token with flying and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token and draw three cards."
>>
>>53724969
Seems kinda interesting. Though the B one should only trigger on opponents discarding, and I think the lifeloss should be cut out entirely, even if it means increasing the cost. And the U one needs to be reworked completely. Maybe trigger on upkeep if an opponent has three or more cards in hand than you? Oh yeah, and it would be a lot easier to just say
>Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step.
>>
Bizump
>>
File: Colin Wilkes9.jpg (102KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Wilkes9.jpg
102KB, 752x523px
Page 10 bump and repost. Working again today, on lunch right now. Won't be able to post anything else until much later.
>>
File: Runefeather Harpy.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Runefeather Harpy.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>53724888
>Mostly to match the art and the support Bard imagery.
Fair enough. Everyone's got an opinion about what looks best.

>Warden
Yeah I realize that 2 power one-drops in blue are very odd. I'm pretty strongly considering changing it to a 1U 2/2 that becomes a 1/3 when it's not your turn to help smooth that over a little. I just really enjoy trying to make flavorful commons that are mechanically interesting, especially one-drops.

>>53724969
Jarl's Oath is REALLY good in a suicide haste and burn deck because not having any creatures turn 4 is pretty common, so you'd get loads of value out of it. I'm not sure if it's too good though. Summoner's on the other hand is way too good. I agree with >>53725171 on that. And yeah, also that the U one is kinda degenerate as well, though less so than black since blue wants to hold onto cards so you'd have to be running an atypical blue shell to make use of it. UR decks maybe? I'm not sure how feasible something that's 5 mana and heavy U would be in such a deck though.

>>53729520
I can't even post from my phone at all anymore because ReCaptcha doesn't work on my browser now for some reason. So many threads have died because I couldn't save them.
>>
File: Tactical Assault.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Assault.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hippoback Entourage.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hippoback Entourage.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Opinions? Trying to decide if the draw should be a may or not.
>>
>>53725171
>>53730142
>Summoner's Oath
Opponent discarding is fine, the lifeloss is to make it more double-edged or to force you to get rid of the token before the price comes due. Will boost the price.
>Coterie's Oath
I'll fiddle with it, but I like the idea of having to protect a one-turn token to draw cards. Uba Mask, for example, makes it ludicrous.
>Jarl's Oath
I considered making the giants 3/3 and the warden beasts 4/4, but I remembered Pact of the Titan...
>>
>>53731923
Should be a Human, not a Hippo. Same way a knight on horseback isn't a Horse.
>>
>>53731729
I think green will make more sense
>>
File: Incitatus the Swift.png (318KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Incitatus the Swift.png
318KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53732091
lame. hippo tribal never.
>>
>>53731923
Base 4/4 P/T.
"power 4 or greater"
"may" is unnecessary text on an already crowded card.
Also, be aware that the whole ability fizzles if they remove the targeted creature.
>>
File: Hippoback Entourage.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hippoback Entourage.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>53732382
so more like this then
>>
File: Bartels Boon.png (198KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bartels Boon.png
198KB, 375x523px
>>
File: lotr.png (297KB, 760x524px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.png
297KB, 760x524px
From an LOTR cube I'm making.
>>
>>53733480
Wording issues aside, you can stack activations of the -3/-3 ability infinitely as soon as it transforms, meaning infinite damage. Same with the -5/-5 and drawing infinite cards. It's broken.
>>
>>53733480
>an LOTR
I never realized this before, but I say LOTR in my head as "LOH-ter" instead of "el-oh-tee-ar"

>card
...doesn't it just make people invisible? Why did you tack all this extra stuff on? And why does it transform? And why don't you use the DFC template?
>>
>>53733572
It will die as a state based action before you're able to do that since the -x/-x is part of the cost, so that isn't an issue.
>>
File: Gladegrace Duelist.png (250KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gladegrace Duelist.png
250KB, 375x523px
>>53732286
So wait, is it actually the horse that's the legend? Also, I don't know how useful this ability is; typically red doesn't need anything more than three or four lands to function, but it does needs cards with how aggressive it is. This trades things it needs for things it doesn't really need.

>>53732457
>they
It's "he or she" or "that player". Also "4 or greater" for power. It's not bad otherwise. really hard to cast though. Since green and blue both draw cards, I think you could get away with lowering the hard color requirement and just doing 4GU.

>>53733226
This is nice. I don't really care for the fact that it doesn't do anything passively, but the idea that you can sac an Aura for a boost is great, especially if it's on something that's about to die anyway. Could meat at least coming out of it with a trade.

>>53733480
So... "Artifact of Song" is going to be transformable equipment that only needs to be equipped to transform? I have to ask: why bother? It's just going to become The One Ring once it attaches to something anyway. I suppose the turn you can't use it makes a bit of a difference because you can't just strap it to an attacker but it's not really that big a deal. The transformed side is... underwhelming to me. The wording is also kinda bad and needs some sprucing up. Get on Gatherer and use the Oracle text for other cards to straighten it out. Are the -N/-N costs until end of turn? Forever? What's the deal?
>>
>>53733583
>Doesn't it just make people invisible
Do you think they would have fought a war over a ring that just turns people invisible? That's all frodo could use it for, but it's just a very powerful artifact.

>Why does it transform?
The "X of song" thing is something I'm doing for important things that change during the story. For this, it's picked up by people who think it's just a normal ring, but it's actually a terribly powerful artifact, so I wanted to capture both sides of that. Maybe going a little far for flavor?

>why don't you use the dfc template?
Just didn't know about it :p
>>
>>53733668
See >>53733680
for your question about why it transforms.

Maybe I should make the costs for the transformed side 1,2,3 instead of 1,3,5? Yeah this is a rough draft, I'll edit the wording as I go on. It's till end of turn, need to fix that, thanks.
>>
>>53733680
>Do you think they would have fought a war over a ring that just turns people invisible? That's all frodo could use it for, but it's just a very powerful artifact.
What else does it do then? And isn't the only reason it was so important is because it was basically Sauron's phylactery/horcrux?
>>
>>53733715
Well, in the story it basically only makes people invisible. But it's what gave Sauron control over all of the other ring bearers (hence, the one ring to rule them all). Sauron also just dumped a whole shit ton of his power into it, that's why Gandalf is too afraid to touch it in the first book, he knows that with that sort of power any being would be corrupted. It's unclear what exactly it *does,* if it does in fact have a limited set of functions. But, my interpretation is just that in the hands of a skilled wizard it would just boost their power level a shit ton.
>>
>>53732457
>When ~ enters the battlefield, each player draws a card for each creature he or she controls with power 4 or greater.
>>
>>53733583
I always mentally pronounced it "Lotter".
>The Ring
Eeeeh. I mean, I see what you're aiming for, but the execution is a little boring. Maybe make it distribute -1/-1 counters instead, and stay flipped? Or scale it up to a Staff of Domination that gives you poison counters as a cost. Or riff on Elbrus, the Binding Blade. That said, I'm all in favor of equipment that jumps around the table.
>>
File: ring.png (248KB, 381x526px) Image search: [Google]
ring.png
248KB, 381x526px
Changed it to this. I'm afraid this is too powerful. On a 4/4 it could draw you 2 extra cards in a 2 player game, and X extra cards per turn cycle in an X player multiplayer game. I supposed it might be balanced by the fact that other players can get control of it though.
>>
>>53733668
This is a really crappy rare. Also, players are going to think first strike works with fight.
>>
File: The One Ring.png (211KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The One Ring.png
211KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Eriko the Pitiless.png (272KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eriko the Pitiless.png
272KB, 375x523px
>>53733700
Okay, so it's pretty much purely for flavor. That's fine. I mean, I could understand it if it were some apocalyptic mega-weapon on the transformed side, but it really isn't. So it doesn't feel like there's any mechanical reason to it. I do have to say though that if you can get the card straightened out, that the "opponent gains control" bit is a nice touch to convey the ring getting passed around. It'd be cute if you added some Kithkin trinket text to it though. I mean if you're going to go all the way with it then go all the way with it.

>>53733903
Oh come on, if you're going to remake it, and you admit the wording is wrong, why wouldn't you fix it first?

>>53733962
>crappy rare
Uncommon then? I didn't want to presume.
>players are going to think first strike works with fight
That bit isn't my problem, and it's one reason I made it rare. Rares are where you can start making newbies look up rules.

>>53734063
0/10, Frodo totally gets stabbed while using it. Would not draft.

Jokes aside, how do you tap it? Outside source, on purpose? I'm fine with it if that's the case. I'm not sure how good of an idea it is either way, since it's only putting you on a 10 turn clock and if your opponent isn't running burn or artifact removal, they lose.
>>
File: gates and lords.jpg (826KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
gates and lords.jpg
826KB, 1875x1046px
soooo, costing things that don't untap/ have a cost reduction clause is hard.
>>
>>53734272
and they should probably definitely have mana costs with their tap abilities. derp.
>>
>>53734272
"~ doesn't untap during your untap step."
MTG uses contractions where possible, and you don't need to account for jank when someone else steals it.

Creatures "get" power/toughness, but "gain" abilities. Balance varies wildly depending on color.

Your legends have so many templating errors. You need to read more cards.
>>
File: gates and lords.jpg (820KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
gates and lords.jpg
820KB, 1875x1046px
>>53734370
Sorry, a bit rusty. been about a year since i last put anything together. Round two i guess.
>>
File: Soul Stone.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Stone.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lattice Tree.png (265KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lattice Tree.png
265KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53735506
This basically reads
>Creatures you control have "Tap: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
And that's busted beyond belief.
>>
>>53735486
So it can't be attached to the token? Good idea. Card seems cool.
>>
File: Homarid Hermit.jpg (122KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Homarid Hermit.jpg
122KB, 750x523px
>>
File: Valkyries Call.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyries Call.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
Page 9 bamp.
>>
File: 1496517207295.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1496517207295.png
72KB, 449x498px
I've been throwing around the idea of a card that switches P/T for a cost. Do any existing cards do that?

CARDNAME, 1R
1/4
1: Switch CARDNAME's power and toughness (effect doesn't end at EOT).
>>
>>53739921
Most of those effects only last the turn, for memory issue reasons. If you like, put +1/+1 counters on it or something, it might be okay, but those kinds of stat changes that arent text on a card are always going to be iffy. I'd recommend just having it last til EOT to be safe.
>>
>>53739921
Confusion city. No thanks.
>>
File: 232353.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
232353.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>53739921
Permanently? Not really, because that's a memory issue waiting to happen.

Aquamoeba, Crag Puca, Myr Quadropod, Phantasmal Fiend, Turtleshell Changeling, and Windreaver all do this at varying costs, though.
>>
File: CARDNAME.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CARDNAME.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>53740033
>>53740018
>>53740013
>>
File: CARDNAME.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CARDNAME.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 49353.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
49353.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>53740377
"If" implies its replacing something. You want a "when" trigger.
>>
File: Unyielding Obstructer.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unyielding Obstructer.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>53736494
The first version seems fine.
Second version seems really weak unless you can some how cast high cost artifacts for cheap. Like, this is literally a dead card unless you have an artifact in play, and if it isn't 4 mana the Hermit is a really bad card.
>>
File: CARDNAME.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CARDNAME.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rumbog Burial.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rumbog Burial.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>53740452
This seems really weak. I feel like if it at least Tapped X target creatures as well as scrying it would be fine.
>>
>>53740487
>>53740534
Too powerful. Minor downsides are not an excuse to ratchet up the power level.
>>
File: Silver Moon.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Moon.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>53740534
>Instant
>4/4
???

>>53740595
It was supposed to be weak on the edge of garbage. Making it cantrip was the next idea to make it less garbo.

>Rumbog
This seems very confused. As written it doesn't stop death trigger, and red normally discards before drawing. But that's ignoring the fact that discarding at random is super awful.

>card
:^) Exile target Emrakul.
>>
>>53740842
Wait, fuck, I realized that my previous draft was correct and you have to have adding counters be at Sorcery speed or you get two free exiles off of it.

So the first ability is sorcery speed and the second is instant speed, although that ruins the ability to sink mana into it at end of turn. Boooo.
>>
>>53736249
cryptolith rite costs 2 mana ever
this card costs 2 mana by the turn after you use it
multiples are not good
creatures aren't easy to stick if you're behind or at parity

i am not convinced it's busted
>>
File: Unending Ruin.png (307KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unending Ruin.png
307KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53724969
>Hunter's Oath
Hunters are green I believe. You'd want the name to be something more like a vanguard or guard or defender of some sort. This card is gonna gum up the board more than you should allow for three mana.

>Warden's Oath
The mechanics are green, but you're circumventing green's weaknesses. It's the same problem as a 1/1 deathtouch that fights on ETB.

>Jarl's Oath
I think this is probably the only card of the cycle that will create net fun.

>Summoner's Oath
See also: Waste Not; Megrim; Liliana's Caress

>Coterie's Oath
I'm not sure that sort of template can even work. That aside, this is pretty ridiculous for a control deck. You'd cast it to empty your hand, and then always have all the answers you need.

>>53729520
At the beginning... (lower case B).

>>53730142
>Runefeather Harpy
Workhorse card.

>>53731729
Seems alright.

>>53732286
A card is worth a lot more than a Gold token. This ability is of questionable use, even if you're playing out of the graveyard.

>>53732457
Maybe just put the counters on the Entourage itself?

>>53733226
Untapping creatures like this is usually a green effect these days. White uses vigilance instead to keep the two colours distinct. Might be more interesting to grant vigilance straight up, and keep the +2/+2 on the sacrifice.
>>
>>53741236
So for 2RRR you destroy two artifacts and two nonbasics? Seems really good for a common.
>>
>>53733668
>Gladegrace Duelist
White and green are the two best colours at the creature game. You could probably go 4/4 here.

>>53733903
This card has a lot of moving parts. The shroud activation should probably just grant something straight up instead.

For the costs, put a -1/-1 counter or use temporary charge counters on the equipment, with a reverse Banshee Blade effect. Alternatively, you could make it an upkeep trigger, putting a -1/-1 counter and triggering both effects.

Last ability doesn't necessarily need to target the opponent, which has the draw of creating some suspense in multiplayer, and getting around player-hexproof. It should also trigger from being unattached, because an exiled creature will not trigger as templated.

When ~ becomes unattached, an opponent of your choice gains control of ~, then transforms it.

>>53734063
As much as it would fascinate a Johnny, this card really needs to have a way to tap itself.

>>53734188
Might be better to give her first strike straight up, and then a life loss trigger whenever she deals combat damage.

Whenever a creature dealt combat damage by @ dies this turn, you lose life equal to its toughness.

>>53734748
>Gate to the Forest Wellspring (green)
This is the odd one out. Its abilities don't synergise. One is only useful on offence, the other only on defence.

>Legends in general
As long as you control a creature with...

Also consider using "a creature with X and a creature with Y" to allow the abilities to come from different creatures. Otherwise you should just have the cost reduction come from controlling the matching artifact gate.

Also consider tightening their abilities to have something closer together.

>Darin (blue)
Why is the blue legend a Dragon? Template should use the word "doesn't."

>Matay (red)
Red doesn't get to do indestructible on creatures.
>>
>>53741438
>Duelist and Eriko
Changes made, thanks.
>>
File: Unleashed Fiend.png (325KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unleashed Fiend.png
325KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53735486
While the game can track tokens like this, consider adding a unique creature subtype instead, and running off that. Spirit Mirror and Pure Reflection are examples of this tech in action.

You could alternatively exile all tokens you control, to simplify the card, and to push it away from token-oriented decks.

Whichever path you go, it'll be an interesting card.

See also: Mimic Vat; Cemetery Puca, Fool's Demise.

>>53735506
... Untap target land you control named Lattice Tree.

You could also use Locus technology. Give the card a unique land subtype and have the creatures target based on the subtype. That said, Cryptolith Rites probably should not exist as a Land.

>>53736494
Go with the left version I think.

>>53738756
Rest in Peace as an Instant (sorta). Useable hoser card.

>>53740033
Oooh... looks like something I'd play. Maybe wants to be Legendary.

See also: Doran, the Siege Tower.

>>53740157
I don't think you were listening to them, were you?

>>53740452
Been wondering when WotC would print this, irrespective of its actual power level.

>>53740487
Probably change the name to something that evokes a lone attacker and group defender to better convey what this card is doing. I think this is the template you want:

~ attacks and blocks each turn if able.
~ can't attack as long as you control another creature.

>>53740595
Better than Blood Artist and its ilk in EDH, where games go bigger and longer. Still pretty trash though.

>>53740842
This template should work I think.

X: Put a sealing counter on ~. X is the number of cards exiled by ~.

>>53741236
This seems like a solid card, but put it at uncommon, maybe rare.

>>53741593
This looks like a very interesting card.
>>
>>53741593
Flexible effect that helps the red strategy, not terribly overpowered, concise wording, good art, and decently costed. Only thing I'd say is to maybe make it 2RR. 10/10 would print.
>>
File: Overgrown Jungle.png (310KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Overgrown Jungle.png
310KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53742380
Works pretty neatly. Works like blighted woodland and like fertile thicket too.
>>
File: My Very Own.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
My Very Own.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53745168
Except I don't know if something enters the battlefield as a copy of something else, if it gains that card's name or not. If not, I should've written "4, T: Exile all permanents that My Very Own is a copy of."
>>
>>53745196
Yes. But it needs another color to justify exiling a bunch of stuff. Probably W.
>>
File: Ray of Light.jpg (60KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ray of Light.jpg
60KB, 752x523px
So, I'm starting a new set with Instant-and-sorcery matters theme, and here's one of the mechanic I came up with.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Foot Injury.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Foot Injury.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Guess what just happened to me.

>>53747590
I think I'd prefer something softer than exiling the creature side. Maybe bounce? That's what Persistent Nightmare does, albeit on combat damage.
>>
>Aldenar, Avatar of Punishment 2RW
>Planeswalker - Aldenar
> +1 Until your next turn, if an opponent would draw more than one card or put more than one land onto the battlefield this turn, Aldenar deals 3 damage to that player.
> 0 Put a 3/1 red and white Barbarian creature token with haste onto the battlefield.
> -3 Exile target artifact, target creature, target enchantment, and target land.
> 3 Loyalty.
>>
File: Artemis of Bana-Mighdall4.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Artemis of Bana-Mighdall4.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Going to work again. And another repost. Hopefully I can move this to the finished folder soon.

>>53748349
First ability doesn't really work. You'd have to pick one or the other.

Second ability is probably too good, could be wrong though.

Ult is... I'm undecided. I like my ults to be more powerful, frankly, but I guess it's up to you. This is really a slightly upgraded... what's it called, Decimate?
>>
File: Empyrial Attendant.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Empyrial Attendant.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53750197
It throws me off a little that the U bonus is an additional cost but the G bonus is just a "if G was spent to cast this" check. I'd say make them both one or the other.
>>
File: The Union.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Union.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53750868
me gusta
>>
File: Spellknot Hydra.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellknot Hydra.png
277KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Skyraid.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skyraid.png
270KB, 375x523px
>>
Has anyone ever tried to make a planeswalker that's the opposite of another planeswalker? Let's take Kiora, the Crashing Wave and reverse her abilities.

>Reverse Kiora 2BR
>Planeswalker - Kiora
> +1 Until your next turn, double all damage dealt to and dealt by target permanent you control.
> -1 Target player discards a card. That player cannot play lands durung their next turn.
> -5 You get an emblem with "At the begining of your next end step, put two 4/4 black Demon creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield."
Have you tried it with other walkers?
>>
File: Nissa the Mad.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa the Mad.png
270KB, 375x523px
>>53751732
Interesting idea. The closest I ever got was a "colorshifted" version of Sarkhan the Mad (way before BfZ was announced).
>>
>>53751829
How playable is this reverse Kiora?
>>
>>53751973
Presumable she has the same starting loyalty of 2. Unless your opponent is land screwed, I'd say she's not very playable. What will usually happen is that you +1 to trade down a creature then die on the swingback.
>>
>>53747590
Some random thoughts --
· Are you going for a unified trigger, or is it going to differ for each card? (For each color?)
· It seems like you might make the same mistake as Theros block - enchantment matters just meant stapling the enchantment type onto a bunch of creatures.
· The residual ability needs a lot of lines . The double-faced frame shouldn't be used to just make your wall of texts readable.
>>
File: Burning Clarity.png (322KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Burning Clarity.png
322KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53752368
Compared to the real kiora?
>>
>>53752839
Too cheap given that it ramps up the impulse draw so quickly.
>>
>>53752839
I vote for 2R and "~ deals X damage to you." Too black?
>>
File: Bottled Garden.png (249KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bottled Garden.png
249KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hoarder Clique.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hoarder Clique.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Trying to replace pic related with something simpler in the monocolor partner set I posted a few days back. I kinda want it to be an existing minor character, but I'm drawing a blank. Anyone know of semi-obscure blue characters without cards?
>>
>>53753415
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/List_of_secondary_characters
>>
>>53753515
How did I never find this page? Perfect, thanks.
>>
File: Landslide.png (295KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Landslide.png
295KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Escape From Reality.png (221KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Escape From Reality.png
221KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Open Eyes.png (189KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Open Eyes.png
189KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53754418
Probably too weak. R-Mage is good because of the body; Failure//Comply is shit without one.
>>
File: Look to the Skies.png (214KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Look to the Skies.png
214KB, 375x523px
>>
Why the hell is my post not showing up?
>>
File: EDH Cards.jpg (5MB, 1875x6276px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Cards.jpg
5MB, 1875x6276px
Okay, so. This has been a long time coming but my fan commander product is finally done.
Have a gander and tell me what you think.

Link to the precon decks below.
https://pastebin.com/7BYgAJuH

I've even done a bit of testing with people online and thus far the UB deck has been cleaning house. I think that was because I put in trinket mage and divining top in there...
>>
>>53755077
>Chronox
"that target..." Also, Dimir Equipment voltron? Odd choice, but neat second ability.

>Arxana
Unclear antecedent on "it."

>Ormos
This seems the least overtly powerful compared to the other four. A reusable Flickerwisp is neat, though, I guess.

>Bellower Ibex
See Elvish Piper for templating.

>Benediction
Counters are countable, so use "three." White getting card advantage by being "nice" doesn't make it okay for White to get general card advantage.

>Angel of Perpetuity
Angels paying life feels incredibly strange.

>Blood Sport
Just give it Replicate {3}.

>Clan Uprising
"Whenever a creature of the chosen type attacks..."
No need to grant an ability that doesn't specifically reference that creature.

>Clockwork Herald
Neat.

>Counsel of the Pride
This card is Green or Blue, but not White for the same reasons as above.

>Desecrated Blood
Seems ludicrously powerful in a 40 life format. Reanimate every turn? Sure, why not! And if I'm dying too quickly, throw some fodder in the grave so I can get pinged for 1 instead of 8.

>Essence of Avarice
This is effectively a cantripping creature on its own, even if nobody takes the bargain, because "each player" includes you. That's not white nor black, that's green or blue. I'd just make it gain life and draw cards for each opponent that takes the bargain, and leave you out of it.

>Cycle Initiate
Could arguably be a Spellshaper, but that might bother some Spellshaper purist booties. Also "creature cards".

>Goblin Cooking
I like it. Flavor is weird though, pun not intended.

>Drake Convergence
I'd argue that this effect is white.

>Kiran, Regenegade Artificer
>Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, if ~ dealt combat damage to a player this turn, choose one --
>:: Put two +1/+1 counters on that creature.
>:: Create two colorless 1/1 Servo artifact creature tokens.

>Fuel Passion
Discard 3, draw 4. :^) No card advantage for red.
>>
>>53755077
>>53755375
>Malevolent Arbitration
>Each opponent reveals his or her hand. Choose a nonland card revealed this way. That card's owner discards it.

>Jisro the Leafblood
>Land cards you own that aren't on the battlefield are basic Forests.
I like it.

>Necrotic Wail
This is weird, but sort of interesting.

>New Continent
Not a fan of it.

>Mindform Phoenix
Oh look, ANOTHER Misthallow Griffon.

>Molgoros
Massive cheating/tracking issue waiting to happen. Am I supposed to just have them fanned out in a line?

>Noxious Hydra
This wants to have black in it. Also "creatures enter the battlefield with an additional -1/-1 counter on them" is pretty strong, let alone stapled to a creature that grows into a 10/10.

>Nulm, Graft Laboratories
Ughhhhhh. Look at Conspiracy for the necessary wording for this, but it won't be pretty.

>Prideful Landlord
"Fuck you, Fetchlands." Clever, I like it. Note that this may require an explicit reveal, too, as part of the transition from hidden zone to hidden zone, like Wheel of Sun and Moon.

>Restore to Glory
Should be a Seal.

>Plunge into Oblivion
Oh, shit, I get to Jester's Cap my opponents and Buried Alive myself at the same time, for 1 mana? This is a bit much, given how often Buried Alive means "I win the game."

>Setback
>Counter target noncreature spell that doesn't target you, a spell you control, or a permanent you control.

>Seraph of Splendor
80% of a Rune-Scarred Demon for 2 less mana? Ehhhhhhh.

>Sadistic Kidnapper
Oh, joy, punisher mechanics. Not sure how to fix this to catch the exact functionality as is.

>Realm Crusher
I like the idea, but think it has tracking issues. Maybe I think too little of people.

>Seek Certainty
The fact that this only cantrips half the time is the barest thread keeping this from being silly broken.

>Shining Embassy
As before, just involving creatures and caring about your opponents doesn't make this white.
>>
>>53755077
>>53755375
>>53755595
>Technomancer's Will
Black caring about artifacts is very odd. I'd be perfectly fine to see it in Blue, I think.

>Spirit of the Orchard
Interesting. Magic uses "the chosen ___" to refer to these sorts of linked abilities, though.

>Wheel of War
Well this is wacky but I fuckin' love it.

>Warbringer Hellkite
Text costs like saccing permanents always go last. Also, feels boring, since its just Bloodshot Cyclops/Barrage Tyrant/Brian Stoutarm/Airdrop Condor number 5.

>Weapon Matrix
The second ability seems rather niche. Also, this is White, despite how badly you want to push Dimir Equipment.
>>
File: Basarios the Blade.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basarios the Blade.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>53750197
I'm with the other guy. I think the G ability should be changed to something like
>~ can't be countered if you pay G more to cast it.
Or something.

>>53750868
Eh... all I can think of is that it's a downgraded Kresh. Sorry.

>>53751191
I still like this one.

>>53751255
Eh, I get the reference, but I kinda just wish it were a creature card with
>Flying
>When you cast ~, create X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens.
>Devour 1.
Interesting art choice. Kinda makes me want to see a Chinese-inspired plane.

>>53753397
I like the idea, but I'm not sure it should be common. Maybe uncommon.

>>53753415
Super fringe use. Unsure. But speaking of obscure characters and Partner, I actually had the idea of making cards for the two guys from Emonberry Red. I didn't really get anywhere with it though considering how the story says pretty much nothing about their abilities beyond one's a wizard and one's a blacksmith who wants to be a soldier. But I did do pic attached, a guy who appears in a few flavor texts I like.
>>
File: 7353.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
7353.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>53755678
The order of text on this card implies that I could destroy a creature with power 2 on my first Heroic activation, but the timing of picking targets means my first one has to be a power 1 creature.
>>
>>53755678
>>53754406
Spitting Earth that hits players, costs 1 less, is instant-speed, and has a slight downside? I'm not sure the downside accounts for the upgrade.

>>53754418
Don't know much about playability of Reflector, but I think the other guy has a point. I get that this has upgrades, but a 1 mana difference to get a 2/3 body sounds good to me.

>>53754569
Hmm, seems fine to me.

>>53754583
Spontaneous Generation is rare, costs 1 less, and is Green, and has a 3.875 on Gatherer. If you want to leave it without Flying, I think you could make it cost 1 less like SG. But if you want to give it Flying, it should certainly cost more.

>>53755717
I will change the wording then to something like
>destroy target creature if its power is less than
I'm pretty sure that should work. I'll look up some precedence to make sure. Thanks for pointing that out.

>card
I think the wording should be
>Whenever a nontoken Aura enters the battlefield under your control attached to ~
Or you could make it
>Whenever a nontoken Aura you control becomes attached to ~
Though I think I'd make it so that it didn't check for the controller, and you could choose whether or not to make a copy of the aura, since that way you could capitalize on auras other players might give it for diplomacy in multiplayer.
>>
>>53742380
Seems okay. Monocolour heavy set? Hybrid will probably be quite useful.

>>53745168
>>53745196
Name is a copiable value, per rule 706.2.
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Copying_objects

You probably do want a second colour to justify exiling.

>>53747590
>Glowing Figment
Only exile on death, or exile regardless of how it leaves the battlefield?

While War Oracle may point to this being a fair cost, it doesn't account for getting a second use out of the one card. Move to uncommon for a start, and maybe lower the P/T.

>>53748122
You forgot a period in that first ability.

>>53748349
+1 is pretty anti-green on the land drop. Bigger issue is that I'm not sure what exactly sort of gameplan this is supposed to go for.

>>53749548
See also: Heavy Arbalest; Surestrike Trident

>>53750197
A card that creates direction for players.

>>53750868
If slime counters are unique to this one card, combine the first two abilities together.

GU: Put a slime counter on target creature. It's an ooze in addition to its other creature types as long as it has a slime counter.

>>53751191
Feels weird for a Hydra to be shrinking and not growing back.

>>53751255
You could probably do this without the black mana.

>>53751732
The -1 could be really powerful against control if you managed to get Reverse Kiora out on time.

>>53751829
That -4 would be game-ending with a tribal Eldrazi deck. Don't forget that Eldrazi also exist as smaller creatures, and as Spawn tokens.

>>53752839
Doesn't really need to ramp up. It's already a one-sided Howling Mine as far as red is concerned.

>>53753397
A riff on Reflecting Pool. Not sure this makes for an interesting design though.

>>53753415
You can't sacrifice permanents you don't control, so that ability would actually do nothing. Try the following:

When ~ dies, each opponent sacrices all permanents he or she doesn't own.
>>
>>53748122
For the exiling, I'm actually doing it for the flavor. The plane is a place of magic so vivid that the incantations actually come alive. When one ''Dies'', it just disperse into pure energy and goes back into the atmosphere. the exiling part is both flavor for that and balance, as well as balancing.

>>53752639
1. it's not unified triggers. even in the same color, it's different triggers. while at work and designing a few other cards, I realized that I would remove the ''Residual'' and simply use it as text. Residual is going to be a different mechanic who'se name fit better in my opinion

2. While it seems like a valid point, I'm staying away from it. The reason for the ''Essence'' mechanic is actually a way to allow colors who run less instants and sorceries (White-Green) and Red to use more instants and sorceries. while on the opposite, I'll put Conspire in Blue-Black as well as white to make for other draft archetypes and skew them toward using a higher creature count then normal. it's not a ''staple sorceries and instants on creatures and call it sorcery-matters'' but a conscious decision to make colors who run less spells to run more.

3. The double-faced card is not to make my wall of text readable. It's to actually make a card that can exist and work in the rules. this would not be possible with only normal cards, except with tokens, but this would reduce the design space of the mechanic by a lot.
>>
>>53755946
>You forgot a period in that first ability.
I noticed that later, already fixed.

>See also: Heavy Arbalest; Surestrike Trident
You're gonna have to spell this out for me. I'm just not seeing how they relate to Artemis.

>Feels weird for a Hydra to be shrinking and not growing back.
Not him, but there are already multiple Hydras that take off their tokens for an effect without a way of getting them back. Usually they're Red and take off the tokens to ping.
>>
>>53755946
>You can't sacrifice permanents you don't control, so that ability would actually do nothing. Try the following:
I think he just messed up the wording and meant to make it so everything you stole from other players got sacced.
>>
>>53754406
Burn would love this card. Should probably be Sorcery though, and cost more too. Its ability to deal a lot of damage for such little investment is overpowered. The fact is, the land sacrifice isn't as big a cost as it looks at first glance. You either didn't need it anyway, or this is the spell the game hinges on. Compare Collateral Damage and Altar's Reap, spells that sacrices a creature that was about to die anyway.

See also: Landslide; Spitting Earth; Skirk Volcanist; Spire Barrage; Jaws of Stone

>>53754418
While it looks a lot weaker than Reflector Mage, it is an Instant and can target non-creatures. Cards like Banishing Knack are known to be worth playing.

See also: Render Silent.

>>53754569
Seems fine.

>>53754583
Probably needs to shift to uncommon.

>>53755678
Black only gets first strike in special cases. Your revised template (destroy if it's power is less than) is correct.

>>53755717
Interesting way to double Auras.

>>53756033
>Artemis of Bana Mighdall (>>53749548)
I derped and accidentally backspaced.

Heavy Arbalest and Surestrike Trident are reference points for the "unattach to deal damage" ability. The trident was created in Mirrodin, so it's likely a little overpowered. The Arbalest is more recent, and while it's not explicit about the unattachment, it's still implied by the first ability.

Since you're giving the ability to the creature rather than the equipment, you'll probably want to cost the activation higher, especially since it's also repeatable removal.

>>53756033
>Usually [those Hydras] Red and take off the tokens to ping.
Hydras were absent for like 15 years, then brought back as the green iconic in Theros. Try to stick to more recent cards.
>>
File: O-Kagachi Great Serpent.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
O-Kagachi Great Serpent.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
Remembered I made this a while ago. How do you think it compares to the leaked card for him?

>>53756301
>Black only gets first strike in special cases.
It's a rare, legendary creature. How would this not be a special case?

>Your revised template (destroy if it's power is less than) is correct.
Thanks.

>Heavy Arbalest and Surestrike Trident
Surestrike Trident uses a different value to deal the damage though, which is why I'm not sure about using that to compare with Artemis. I guess the closest comparison is to Bosh, except it's more narrow, but repeatable. I guess I'll try it at 2RW then. But as for Heavy Arbalest, have you seen that thing's Gatherer ratings? Less than 2.5.

>Hydras were absent for like 15 years, then brought back as the green iconic in Theros. Try to stick to more recent cards.
You said it felt weird for Hydras to shrink and not grow back. You didn't specify a time frame, so neither did I. But you are right, the most recent Hydra like that is Apocalypse Hydra from Alara, nearly 10 years old now.

Are you a regular? You sound like one, except I'm too stupid to tell who people are by text alone. Not that it makes me treat your feedback differently, just curious.
>>
>>53755375

Thanks a lot for the formatting help man. I've adjusted the wording to be more in line with other magic cards.

I'm going to keep the white and red draw spells because I do not believe that red and white should be bereft of card draw. The same thing used to apply to green, until it no longer did. And magic is a better game for it.

I am going to go back to drawing board on Warbringer, Hydra and Weapon Matrix. Appreciate your Kiran suggestion but it takes up too much card space.
>>
>>53756551
>It's a rare, legendary creature. How would this not be a special case?
Eh, fair point.

>But as for Heavy Arbalest, have you seen that thing's Gatherer ratings? Less than 2.5.
It's not about whether the card is good or bad how it rates. It's about having an effect close enough that it can help you figure out the correct costing. And if the effect is overpowered or underpowered, that's still information on how to cost your effect.

The Gatherer ratings are also generally skewed towards Constructed formats, so they're also less useful for Limited evaluations where additional design considerations have to be considered.

>Are you a regular?
To these threads? Yeah. I don't normally post because I have life and such. Which tells you something about my life right now. :P As a player? Been playing since Invasion block.
>>
File: Church Gargoyle.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Church Gargoyle.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
Had an idea. Gargoyles are supposed to intimidate evil spirits or whatever, so the idea is reverse Intimidate. Technically it's actually reverse Fear, but whatever, this wording works better.

>>53757093
Well, it's not like I really design for limited anyway. The CO stuff is impossible to draft, it's like 99% rares and mythics.
>>
File: Hollow Extraction.png (326KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Extraction.png
326KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53757858
GU seem to be the Manifest colors, so use that instead.
>>
>>53757277
>Technically it's actually reverse Fear
I prefer to call that evasion ability Seeker, after the two cards Seeker and Amrou Seekers. Reversing it better described as a Moat effect. The card Light of Day, old as it is, is pretty close to what you've got there.

>>53757858
The mindgames you could run with this are interesting. Careful though, it's a tutor. (Repetitive gameplay issues.)
>>
File: Rampant Bloom.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rampant Bloom.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
I'm surprised something like this hasn't already been printed in a commander set.
>>
File: CollectiveDiscovery.png (473KB, 612x445px) Image search: [Google]
CollectiveDiscovery.png
473KB, 612x445px
>>53759733
It has, multiple times
>>
File: Evasive Maneuvers.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evasive Maneuvers.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53763426
Seems OK.
>>
So, for my Instant-Sorcery-matters set, I have 3 mechanics.

''Essence'', which is the transformed mechanic shown here >>53747590

Conspire, for the reprint and because it fits pretty good.

and ''Catalyst'', which is a ability word that goes ''When you cast an instant or sorcery, something happens.''
>>
>>53767286
Storm. Come on, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>53768217
I know, right?

Maybe I'll put like, one pseudo-storm card in, for fun.
>>
>>53723296
>Flavour text
As the tide ebbs and flows, so do we.
-Notable Merfolk in Your Set
Being succinct is key. Look up Ancient Grudge for an example of what not to do.
>>
>>53768300
Challenge accepted.

>Storm Rite
>3UR
>Instant
>Mythic
>Copy target spell you control not named ~ for each spell cast before it this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies. Exile ~.
>>
>>53720533
i am kind of ok with it, but scales really quite well. i don't think it should require B to cast, but if you decide to cost it at 2 both 1U and (U/B)U would be better than UB.

>>53721037
sounds stronger than outpost siege, should cost the same or even 2RR.

>>53721193
I know.i know that blue has had pingers from Alpha and that white can deal damage to attacking or bloking creatures, but it still feel out of flavor printing it like this.
RNG on this kind of cards is usually disliked by players.
The card does feel quite strong 2/3 for 3 in red and multiple copies can even tank the damage.

>>53721685
i like it! i think it might need to spell "target land".

>>53731923
>may draw a card for each creature
i think " you may have each player draw a card for..." it's more clear and fun. 4/4 would still feel fine.

>>53732286
note that worded this way you can deal 3 and get 3 gold even if you had no cards in hand, which makes it quite better, possibly more than what it could already be if used in a madness/activated abilities deck.I think the card is fun.

>>53733226
sounds great! but might play a bit boring for both players.
>>53733903
>until end of turn
what about until your next turn? that would cap the card draw at 1/turn with a 4/4. which also could get killed.
>>53734272
>white gate
vigilance and first strike are dead in front of a bigger blocker.doesn't add power i would never play it in an aggro deck. i guess that's average wotch common design for cycles.
>blue gate, black gate, red gate
FUN FUN FUN.
>green gate
boring but does something.
>black gate again
that could be OP as a common. deathtouch to ALL* my creatures allow for infinite trades.
>darin
scry 2 feels a lot, i'd go for scry 1.
>Surr
"combat damage this turn"
>Etria
unless you have a way to play 5 lands in a turn in your set, she would need to be powered up.Let's start by her being bigger than her sisters, because you know. GREEN.
>>53735506
"all your creatures are BOP". On a land.busted.
>>
>>53740377
>instant. 1/6.
lol.

>>53740452
why can't it also draw a card?
>>53740487
that's not the drawback suited for 6+ power at 2 mana.
>>
>>53763426
can go to UW.
>>
File: NEWCjpg.jpg (256KB, 1120x523px) Image search: [Google]
NEWCjpg.jpg
256KB, 1120x523px
Warbringer Hellkite was scrapped and replaced with something more interesting.
The Hydra was remade to be more of an anti-black tool
Matrix was renamed and adjusted to be more blue.

How does this look?
>>
>>53768747
Fair. I'm not the best at flavor text. I'd like to think most of mine isn't as bad as Ancient Grudge though, I mean come on anon.

>>53769799
>Aria
Outpost Siege has modes. Modal spells cost more as a rule. It may be that mine's more powerful, but it only does the one thing, so there's a loss of utility.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

An article by Maro that goes through the color pie and lists pretty much every mechanic and how they fit into each color. Haven't finished it yet, but it certainly looks like it could be helpful.
>>
>>53771621
>Outpost Siege has modes.
No one ever played outpost siege for its other mode. And it saw a fair amount of play. You are not just making Outpost Siege cheaper, but also arguably better.
>>
>>53772788
That's fair. 3R it is then. Enough people have questioned it that it can't really be defended at this point.
>>
>>53771027
Matrix is probably fine, second effect has been done on Leonin Shikari, but I think it can fit in blue.
Hermit is kind of boring, since you can't sac tokens, but I can see it working. I'd bump it down cost and bodywise, though. Even if it is an "Everything has Flashback", it doesn't do jack just to play.
Hydra gave me an interesting thought.

Verminous Tide 2GG
Creature- Insect
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target graveyard, then put X +1/+1 counters on ~, where X is the number of cards exiled this way.
0/1
>>
File: Tezzeret the Desperate.png (243KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tezzeret the Desperate.png
243KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53759733
Multiplayer-friendly card. Might be as strong as Birds of Paradise or Llanowar Elves - and one mana dorks are stronger than WotC has decided to allow for Standard. You're going to constrain yourself somewhat with how powerful cards need to be.

>>53763426
Very restrictive targeting, so UW should be an okay cost. Fair card in Limited, sideboard material in Constructed.

See also: Overrule; Fall of the Gavel; Absorb; Ojutai's Command; Punish Ignorance; Offering to Asha

>>53771027
>Predictive Matrix
Maybe needs to cost 3. The second ability is actually white. White, as the weenie colour, also works with Equipment, while blue just works with artifacts in general.

The name feels wrong to me. Flash and Instants aren't about predicting, they're about reacting.

See also: Vedalken Orrery; Shimmer Myr; Leyline of Anticipation

>Carrion Hydra
Decent hoser card, but the lack of instant speed removal greatly weakens it. Graveyard removal is often available at Instant speed.

See also Scavenging Ooze.

>Stormspeaker Hermit
This card feels like it should be Legendary for EDH purposes. It's a bit like Spellweaver Volute, in that you're pushed to figure out the right balance of two card types.

>>53773357
Hard to judge this card, depends on the balance of artifacts in the format.
>>
File: Kerai Suddenblade.png (323KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kerai Suddenblade.png
323KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53772890
>Hermit is kind of boring, since you can't sac tokens
What makes you think that?
>>
File: Festerhound.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Festerhound.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>53774529
Hmm. This is pretty hard to gauge. The upkeep sac trigger is weird. I assume it's so you can punp Kerai and keep him alive, but it's really strange otherwise. Also, I'm looking at the Comp Rules, and I'm wondering if you couldn't have it sac during the cleanup step instead, that way it doesn't carry over into your next turn and keeps a simpler board. The card keeps its utility and becomes a bit tidier, I think.
>>
>>53774833
I like this one a lot. The flavor text is really matter-of-fact.
>>
File: favors.jpg (334KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
favors.jpg
334KB, 1875x523px
>>53773357
Seems very randomly designed.
Why have an ult that only helps you make your board even fatter when you already have a fat board due to all the artifacts?
There doesn't seem to be any real mechanic theme here. The +1 doesn't fit the artifact theme, and feels like too much is going on for a 4 mana walker.

Esper artifacts tend to be very control oriented, while this comes off as very just general mid range. So I suggest maybe making him more controlling.

>>53774529
Seems fine. The design is creative. He really wants some entry triggers to synergise with.

>>53774833
Quite strong, but I think a scaled up festering goblin isn't insane. I like the minor synergy with auras and battle tricks. I kind of feel like making it a 2/1 is the right call.
>>
File: Hint of Disobedience.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hint of Disobedience.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
This wording feels wrong. Is the a better way to do this?
>>
>>53775793
>light
good card
>tide
*its owner's. Otherwise pretty good.
>abyss
Repeatable force sacrifice effect? Should be more like "gets -2/-2 until end of turn".
>flame
1 damage? That's pretty lame. Maybe up the cost and tweak the damage?
>Wild
Nice and flexible, I'm fine with it.
>>
>>53775910
modal. also it's not very good
>>
File: Spite of the Meek.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spite of the Meek.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>53775942
>Abyss seems too strong
Sac effects that are repeatable are already printed at 2 mana, and have a much easier pay off (Trial of Ambition). I think at 3 mana and requiring you A, to have a creature, and B it make contact with an opponent means it is fine.
>Flame
1 damage can kill a lot of things, and will make combat math very risky. I don't like the idea of stapling a shock on contact to face. Not for 1 mana. If I make it cost more the rummage effect will need to be changed as well.

>>53775944
How about this?
>>
File: Spiritkeeper.png (207KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritkeeper.png
207KB, 375x523px
>>53775528
Thanks anon. I'm not that good at flavor text so I'm happy it was succinct.

>>53775793
2/1 would certainly make it die easier, but I felt like making it too easy to pop actually made it too strong, plus the standard Zombie 2/2. If I get more comments to the tune of 2/1 I'll change it though to be sure. Glad you like it.

>light
Precinct Captain says this is probably okay, though it's tuned pretty high. I think it'd be more in order if it made a nonflying token or granted you 3 life myself, but I'm generally conservative with cards.
>tide
I feel like this could be 1U, possibly.
>abyss
works for me, albeit also feels slightly overtuned.
>flame
I'd give it flash too, honestly. That'd make it sing.
>wild
i'd tune this down to a single counter or fishing a land to your hand myself, and bump it to 1G, but as it is it's okay.

>>53775910
>Gain control of target creature if it has power 1 or less. Otherwise, that creature can't block this turn.
I'd boost it to 2 power, because 2 anything seems to be the cutoff for CMC1 spells. Shock, Spell Snare, Disfigure, etc. It may need to be uncommon after that, but that'd heavily depend on the draft environment it's in.

>>53776259
This has some potentially interesting uses depending on the set.
>>
>>53775910
Target creature can't block this turn. If it has 1 or less attack, gain control of it until end of turn. Untap it and it gains haste.
>>
>>53776393
>attack
>>
File: Hellish Scheme.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hellish Scheme.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>53776306
>Abyss and Light feel a little much
I'll consider shifting them a bit. Right now though they both only have 1 mana effects on them so I think they are fine.

>Spite is interesting
Yeah it would be insane in a set with a token focus.
>>
>>53774529
Is there a need to sacrifice the creature? If you're really dead set on it, just sacrifice at the beginning of the end step, same as the Dash bounce. The player controls both sources, so they can stack the Dash bounce and the sacrifice how they want.

>>53774833
Maybe uncommon if you want to keep it as is.

>>53775793
>Favor of the Tide, Favor of the Abyss
Sigil of Sleep is extremely strong. Be careful with these two cards, they're repeatable removal. The black one especially could be problematic, because if a player doesn't have an answer, the discard just makes it harder to play one.

>Favor of the Wild
One with Nature is okay, but at three mana it's pretty weak. This card could really be two mana if you switch to a single +1/+1 counter.

>>53776259
I like this template better than (>>53775910) because it ditches the if-clause. That said, quite narrow in its use. Maybe up to 2 power/CMC?

>>53776306
This card should be easy enough to tune if needed. You might like to consider making one of those options return to hand and the other to battlefield.

>>53776680
Maybe needs to be rare with the potential for that much card advantage. Could be fine at uncommon though.
>>
>>53768747
is anyone here really "good" at flavor text?
>>
File: Dohul Blackwater Mystic.png (1014KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Dohul Blackwater Mystic.png
1014KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>53775910
Gain control of target creature if it has power 1 or less. If you do, untap it and it gains haste until end of turn. Otherwise, it can't block uthis turn.

Choose target creature. If it has power 1 or less, gain control of it, untap it, and it gains haste until end of turn. Otherwise, it can't block this turn.

Second one is better.
>>
File: AeonZzerdrix.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
AeonZzerdrix.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Rokujos Hannya.png (731KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Rokujos Hannya.png
731KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: Repeating the Past.png (252KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Repeating the Past.png
252KB, 375x523px
>>
I will save you
>>
File: Cosmic Gaze.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic Gaze.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
Thoughts?
>>
File: Thing from the Aether.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thing from the Aether.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Would a card like this be reasonable for a format like modern?
>>
>>53784234
this is ridiculously broken
>>
>>53784563
How so?
>>
File: Yumemi Okazaki.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yumemi Okazaki.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>53776680
Very nice card for limited, and might be constructed playable.
>>53778752
Why not "UB, Tap an untapped Djinn you control"? And since you're already paying X, did you forget the "without paying its mana cost" or is that as intended?
Also posting a similar card.
>>53778942
The problem with this is that decks that are built to take advantage of it are very bad without it on the field.
>>53779214
No colon after "has." I've no idea how a creature deck would play against it and if it would actually be good, so I'm not sure what else to say.
>>53781117
Basically Time Warp. The flavour is nice, but if you're going to add a colour to a time walk effect why not spice it up a little more?
>>53784058
Give me one situation where you want this in your deck. I'll wait.
>>53784563
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>53754418
You ahould make it spell or noneland permanent.
>>
>>53784911
>Give me one situation where you want this in your deck. I'll wait.
Force of Will, Daze, Counterspells or removal after Cascade, Murderous Cut.
>>
>>53785109
>Fore of Will, Daze
Why play this over these same cards? You already have islands, and unlike force/daze cosmic gaze isn't maindeckable.
>X after cascade
The only cascade decks cascade into living end / restore balance, neither of which target and so can't be countered by this.
>M. Cut
Okay, it counters 1 card for free. That doesn't make it playable. Especially considering Cut isn't even a staple (compared to Push/Path/Bolt).
tl;dr way too narrow.
>>
>>53785310
You exile stuff more often than you think and you only wanted one situation, you agreed with the cut, so there you go.
>>
>>53785448
Just because the opponent has Cut in his deck doesn't mean I want Cosmic Gaze; I'd still rather have my own Force/Daze/Counterspell.
>You exile stuff more often than you think
But not in cases that result in Gaze being useful; Flashback exiles after the spell resolved, and delving for bananaman / angler won't matter unless you're trying to counter the creature. The clause is weird and awkward to begin with and in legacy/modern the card is mostly a dispel that's uncastable more often than not. My suggestion would be
>1U
>~ costs 1 less to cast if [...]
>Counter target spell that targets a spell or permanent you control.
>>
First attempt at this

Blackwood Marksman - 2GG
Creature - Elf Archer
Reach
Tap, G - Blackwood Marksman fights target creature you don't control. Combat is resolved as if Blackwood Marksman had First Strike
3/2
>>
>>53786385
I don't know how to make this work, but I know this isn't it.
>>
>>53786385
T, G: ~ Deals damage equal to its power to target creature. Then if that creature isn't destroyed by this damage, it deals damage equal to its power to ~.

Maybe?
>>
>>53741080

Lattice Tree 0
Enchantment
When Lattice Tree ETBs, sacrifice a land.
Creatures you control have "{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

Does *this* seem busted? It should, because it's pretty much what your card is. Slightly worse actually. Doesn't let you store mana and missing a land drop is better than saccing a land.
>>
File: Sagu Trapper.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sagu Trapper.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53789629
No. Creatures will remain on the battlefield with lethal damage marked on them until the ability finishes resolving and state based actions are checked.
>>53786385
Make it a one sided fight. You have full control over the ability and only rarely is an opponent going to pump their creature in response.

But by doing that it's not green any more. But you already knew this because first strike isn't green.
>>
>>53792119
I really hope he posts Glissa Sunseeker in response.
>>
File: Reject.png (271KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reject.png
271KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53792467
I think you could say
>Return target creature spell, creature on the battlefield, or creature card in a graveyard to its owner's hand.
Though I don't think this belongs at common.
>>
File: Malignant Tumor.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Malignant Tumor.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Does a card like this seem balanced?
>>
>>53793158
No.
>>
>>53793158
Creatures don't "take" damage, they're "dealt" damage. And that damage ALWAYS needs a source.

>Whenever ~ is dealt damage, create a token that's a copy of it.
>1B: ~ deals 1 damage to itself.

lrn 2 wrd yr crds
>>
File: Grave Reaver.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grave Reaver.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Inquisitors Hand.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitors Hand.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>53794280
>Whenever ~ deals damage, exile up to three target cards from graveyards.
Wording per Faerie Macabre. I want to say this is fine, even if it feels a touch pushed. I think it'd be rare though, if it saw print.

>>53791628
"Evolve anthem" works pretty well with Megamorph. Dangerous in token decks. Not sure it's broken though, or even too good. I'd draft it.

>>53786385
Nature's Way and Clear Shot should be your templates for this. That said, it being repeatable should be morbidly expensive.

>>53784911
I love Manifest. Such a great ability. I like this card too. I think the costing is about right, though Quarsi High Priest and Mastery of the Unseen say the manifest cost may be a bit pushed. The card is hard to cast to begin with though and that it needs three mana to work as well might make it okay. I think it'd be a good Legend candidate myself.

>>53777206
>festerhound
If I get more people saying it's a touch too good I'll swap it.
>Spiritkeeper
That's something to think about. It could be a new card too if it puts any card with power 1 or less onto the battlefield, and any card with power 2 or greater into your hand. I might make a version that does this with a new name and art.
>>
goodnight bump
>>
File: Lingering Cold.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lingering Cold.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>53796402
>I love Manifest.
Same here. Still sad it didn't become evergreen. I thought the pushed cost was justified by the fact that you don't have unlimited "fuel", but I forgot that the second ability doesn't have an exile clause. So I might add that and maybe require a tap for the first.
>card
I think you're underestimating the forecast ability here. Getting a "free" (as in, not requiring you to spend cards) spell every upkeep can be nuts. In this case, W seems too cheap. I've no problem with cards that are good both when you're behind and when you're ahead, but this one seems very frustrating to play against.
>>
File: abunchofcardssmol.jpg (272KB, 754x701px) Image search: [Google]
abunchofcardssmol.jpg
272KB, 754x701px
>>
>>53797882
First card needs to be reworded entirely. Though I think it would be better to ignore timing and just have you exile a card to recur another with similar properties, like CMC or power.
>>
>>53792119
>>53792258
There are also Elvish Archers and Hornet Cobra
>>
>>53799585
The former is from Alpha, the latter is from Legends. If we take that as precedence, we might as well let Black have Blue's -N/-0 ability, since it pops up on Hell Swarm and Ghosts of the Damned, both from Legends.
>>
File: Sacred Shroud.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sacred Shroud.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
A weird idea for an equipment esque thing.
It might do better as a white Aura, though. I don't know.
What do you guys think?
>>
File: 20.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53801835
For equipment, it only works as an instant-speed combat trick. For auras, instant-speed is needed so it can stay alive by hopping onto another creature. For sorcery-speed though, just recur it.
>>
>>53798536
I like that idea. Thanks!
I might go with toughness (goes better with the whole idea that one is "donating" their livelihood rather than their skill in combat) or CMC
>>
>>53803442
I'll try to get to the rest later.
>>
>>53797882
Cosmic Temple Guardian needs wording help, and I think adding G would be a good idea.
>>
>>53797882
Solaris I'm unsure of, it's pretty tricky.
>>
>>53797882
I have absolutely no idea how to make Paranoia work. Sorry.
>>
>>53797882
Rewrite History seems fun, but i'd up the cost and rarity.

Memories of Home seems meh.

Anyway, will try to offer better wording later. Also, why hybrid?
>>
>>53796402
>Whenever ~ deals damage, exile up to three target cards from graveyards.
"up to" removes the downside of it shrinking itself
>>
File: Stash Scrounger.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stash Scrounger.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>53797493
>Assassin
I had it at 1W before, I suppose I should have kept it there. I decided to push it a little because "tap a creature" usually comes on a cantrip, but you're right that it's probably too oppressive. I'll swap it back.
>Lingering Cold
This makes me miss Psychic Venom and its like. I know they are black effects now, but I loved that card back in the day. I suppose this is a stand-in considering the modern pie.

>>53797882
>Donation
Could make this grab a creature card from your yard and put it into your hand, then have a Morbid trigger that puts that creature card onto the battlefield instead. Might work more cleanly.
>Guardian
Why do you have an ability that lets the Guardian's owner cast it when someone else plays a Legendary land and then that player gets the Guardian? Why would anyone ever use that to benefit someone else? Zedruu? EDH politics? 2-Headed Giant?
>Solaris
I dunno if I like that this so easily shores up your mana base. The fact that it can also copy any nonland permanent for a turn is also a bit much to me.
>Paranoia
But... why? Just to make a CMC2 hard counter?
>History
This is a cool idea, but I can't even pretend to know if it's balanced. I'd also lobby for it to be a gold card, not hybrid.
>Home
Neat idea, actually. Green likes basic lands traditionally though, so it feels a bit odd. Should be a gold card since it's technically a GW card even if you can pay G for the hybrid cost, since you can't pay pure W for it.

And as an aside note, they all have wording tweaks that they need.

>>53801835
I like it better as an Aura concept, personally. Some kind of "_____ Mark" card maybe, as far as name goes. Being able to pass this effect around is a pretty decent form of graveyard hate, but I almost would rather see it be cheaper, then have an actually attachment cost. Like a recurring Mire Blight, only a bit meaner.
>>
>>53809387
Ah, point. I was tired and just copied the text verbatim. Carry on.
>>
File: Banshouou Cloud King.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Banshouou Cloud King.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>53809483
>Green likes basic lands traditionally though, so it feels a bit odd.
I threw this question out here once before for discussions sake, and I don't think we ever reached a satisfactory answer. Is there a color that actually likes nonbasic lands? Green likes lands in general, and Red actively hates nonbasics, but if you had to make a card that was "nonbasics matter", it'd still be green, yeah?

>card
I stayed up all night reading Sengoku Youko. I have no idea what colors this card wants to be.
>>
>>53809483
not at instant speed
>>
>>53809609
Oddly I would want to say blue but blue really shouldn't ever care about lands. I don't know that they have really codified what color(s) like nonbasics. Blue and white aren't supposed to really care about lands at all unless it's part of a set-wide mechanic or in white's case, balancing. Red actively hates them. Green and black can destroy any land, and green ramps for mostly basics, but can also just grab any land in general. Black cares about swamp ramp. So... it's an interesting question.
>King
I'd make the sac ability a tap, but other than that, seems okay. I'd also reduce it to a 3/4 myself but that's a personal design quirk.

>>53809622
Yeah I always forget about instant speed discard being taboo. I'll tack the sorcery speed rider on.
>>
File: Student of Tactics.png (176KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Student of Tactics.png
176KB, 375x523px
>thread is 5 days old
Kinda depressing. I wonder what it would take to liven these threads up. The fact that it's summer and they are still so dead is sort of strange to me. Did people just move on to other pastures?
>>
File: Robot T. Rex2.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Robot T. Rex2.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>53810221
I try to give a bit of feedback every now and then, but I just haven't really been in the mood to make or post cards for a while now, sorry. Dealing with personal issues.

But on a lighter note, what do you guys think of the recent announcements in Magic? I'm really looking forward to next year. And not just because I totally called it years ago in regards to core sets and their usefulness.

>card
I'm not sure about U here because it needs support in order to work, yet at the same time it's the only thing that boosts its P/T. I'm not a huge fan of using Menace and Reach here because their use is pretty limited, the former for attack the latter for block, though it's pretty forgiveable considering that a lot of vanilla keywords fall into that.
>>
File: Rampant Vegetation.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rampant Vegetation.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53810221
I'm unable to really participate right now due to a combination of personal and professional stuff. Maybe similar stuff is going on in other peoples' lives as well.
>>
>>53810221
I'm just too busy masturbating.
>>
File: Seal of Grudge.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Seal of Grudge.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53810470
>personal issues
Sorry to hear that /CO/anon.
>recent announcements
I have yet to read up 100% on it so I don't want to knee-jerk, but I will be really, really happy if we get core sets back.
>Student
I was considering Trample to replace Reach, since most everything else is offensive in nature keyword-wise. Flying felt too good/didn't feel thematic, and Hexproof is just unfun. I actually hate using it and wish we got Shroud back. Or some new, more interactable Hexproof replacement. I had also considered +1/+0 for R, because it scales really well with Menace and Reach.
>Rex
I'm on the fence about this. If it were me, I'd make it get a +1/+1 counter every time one or more creatures attacked you, instead of per creature, but I'm a overly cautious faggot that still somehow manages to overpush half the cards I make so what do I know?

>>53810518
Seems fair to me, though I don't really see ramp spells being high priority Flashback targets.

>>53810543
>more personal stuff
I guess I'm a lucky faggot then or something, damn. Sorry to hear someone else is having issues too.

>>53810599
Well then make fapbait cards; I put sexy art on mine all the damn time.
>>
File: Quirion Familiar.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Quirion Familiar.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>53810821
>Sorry to hear that /CO/anon.
Thanks.

>I have yet to read up 100% on it so I don't want to knee-jerk, but I will be really, really happy if we get core sets back.
Read up: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/metamorphosis-2-0-2017-06-12
So, basically, after the Ixalan block (featuring Pirate Vraska vs. dinosaur-riding Aztecs), the blocks will be officially abandoned. Every set, starting with Dominaria, will now be a large set, and whether or not a story or setting lasts for more than one black depends entirely on what creative wants to do at the time. So some stories will take up just one set, others two or even three. Every summer will now see a core set, which will be half reprints, half new cards. Wizards has said that with the new core sets, they'll lean err more in the direction of newcomers.

Oh yeah, and there's going to be a third Un-set, Unstable, later this year.

>Student
Well, it's up to you. Of course you could always fiddle with the costs too. Anyway, here's something I did somewhat recently.

>Rex
I think I might make it one counter per combat actually. Although... eh, how does that compare to Slumbering Dragon?

>Well then make fapbait cards; I put sexy art on mine all the damn time.
Huh, always thought it was just me.
>>
>>53810821
>>53811076
>Every set, starting with Dominaria, will now be a large set
Correction: Every main set will be a large set. The supplementary sets like Conspiracy could still be smaller.
>>
File: Thousand Eyes Restrict.png (289KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Eyes Restrict.png
289KB, 375x523px
>>
>>53811076
>more than one black
Another correction: more than one SET. Fucking hell, this is why I shouldn't post when I'm tired.
>>
File: Shiki Eiki Judge of Paradise.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki Eiki Judge of Paradise.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>53810221
I had enough creativity to slam out ~500 cards, and I've been sort of burnt out for the past six months or so. Grad school consuming a lot of my creative juices hasn't helped.

>>53810821
>Seems fair to me, though I don't really see ramp spells being high priority Flashback targets.
The fact that this can fetch nonbasic Forests means that this would be an instant include in any green EDH deck.

>>53811163
Creating a tapped token doesn't really matter when its just
>1WB, T: Exile target creature until ~ leaves the battlefield.
>>
>>53811076
>Pirate Vraska vs. Aztecs
Someone tell Timeanon, since he started that new set before the reveal and his features Aztecs. His other faction are Conquistadors though, not Pirates.

Reading the linked article.
>student
I kinda wanted to keep it at a single monomana for each ability, but I understand that's a tall order. Your card pretty much turns it up to 11 in that it can buff anything. It's rather strong because of that. It basically always gives you the combat answer/trick you need on what you need it on.
>Rex
I honestly don't know. Maybe I'm off base.
>sexy art
Newp. I almost always put female art on my cards if I have applicable art to do so. And I don't care if it's sexy.
>>
File: Vita Sidorkina.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vita Sidorkina.png
259KB, 375x523px
>>
Captain Vraska 3GB
5 Loyalty Planeswalker
+2 Until your next turn, whenever you or a planeswalker you control is attacked, destroy target attacking creature.
-1 Search your library for a forest or swamp card and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
-9 You get an emblem with "whenever you cast a spell, you get a 'Lost Gold' artifact token with "Tap, Sac: gain 2 life and add one mana of any type to your mana pool"".
>>
>>53811341
On Shiki Eiki, I really feel that the discard should
come from casting spells and the creature
sacrifice should come from attacking, so basically
swap them.
>>
>>53811857
So you can't lose the game unless an opponent has Hero's Downfall?
>>
>>53811998
Or attack with more than one creature.
>>
>>53812008
Then you need to reword the trigger.
>>
>>53811998
the creature'd probably die at the end of combat
Alternately, indestructable creatures
>>
>>53812025
>Reword
Destroy one of the attacking creatures?
>>
>>53812103
It triggers for each creature that attacks you, meaning you get to kill each attacking creature.
>>
File: Sanae Kochiya Theurgist.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sanae Kochiya Theurgist.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>53812008
>>53811857
Destroying attacking creatures like this seems very white, especially since you get to pick the best of them. I'd prefer something like
>Until your next turn, whenever an opponent attacks you with one or more creatures, he or she sacrifices a creature.
And recost accordingly.
>>
File: Uremides the Philosopher.png (278KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Uremides the Philosopher.png
278KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Essence Melding.png (299KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Essence Melding.png
299KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Byakuren Youkai Saint.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Byakuren Youkai Saint.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>53812323
>granting all abilities
Nope. CDAs and things-that-aren't-quite-CDAs are 99% of the reason why this doesn't work.

>card
Its Aura-luren.
>>
>>53812466
Flash bit doesn't work, as it needs to have flash before you declare targets.
>>
File: Toyosatomimi Tao Hermit.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Toyosatomimi Tao Hermit.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>53812690
Bah, I'll just remove the targeting restriction then. I doubt one-sided Aura-luren will break the game. How many CMC <= 3 Auras are there that are worth casting, outside of a Boggles deck where you wouldn't be running a 4 mana 3/2 without protection?

>card
State your desires in advance. More Azorius antifun. Sort of an extra-complicated Ethersworn Canonist, maybe. Not all 2hus translate well into Magic, so this is a streeetch.
>>
>>53812972
>How many CMC <= 3 Auras are there that are worth casting
If there aren't any worth casting, then why make the card?

But you can start with any of these bad boys.
http://magiccards.info/query?q=cmc%3C%3D3+o%3A%22enchant+creature%22+o%3A%22when+~+enters+the+battlefield%2C+draw%22&v=card&s=cname

And then double the fun for each enchantress you control.
>>
>>53813087
>If there aren't any worth casting, then why make the card?
Mediocre Legends and meh cards in general need love too. I'm sure there's some lone Johnny out there waiting for another Aura Voltron commander after getting tired of Rafiq, Bruna, or Zur.

The question was half rhetorical, and intended more along the lines of "Are there enough for this to produce some silly game breaking combo?" To which the answer is probably no.
>>
>>53811857
First Mate Domri Rade 2RG
2 Loyalty Planeswalker
+2 You get a 4/2 Legendary Dinosaur token named 'Dinoface' with trample and haste.
0 Target dinosaur you control fights target creature you don't control.
-X Reveal the top X cards of your library, put a creature with CMC X or less from among them onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library.

So stupid you love it, right?
>>
>>53813597
>0 Target dinosaur you control fights target creature you don't control.
I curse the Sorcery speed restrictions of Planeswalker abilities, because otherwise I'd play the fuck out of this just for the chance to have my pirate Dinosaur fight a pirate Monkey.

But Ragavan only exists during combat.
>>
>>53813597
I feel like this is the kind of creative stuff they should be doing with planeswalkers.
>>
File: Weirding Wand.png (289KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Weirding Wand.png
289KB, 375x523px
>>
File: IMG_0849.jpg (222KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0849.jpg
222KB, 744x1039px
>>53810221
I'm a phoneposter but if we're dying I'll pitch in.
I think your card might be whiter if black gave lifelink, green gave vigilance. I like it as-is. Sometimes I wish people posted sets of cards because standalone is hard to evaluate.
>>
>>53813842
Probably needs a weird clause for auras but I think it's terrific. I might make a more expensive card like this that exiles everything and hits different permanent types.
>>
File: Final Confrontation.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Final Confrontation.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>53813956
Lifelink for black isn't a bad idea, but since white already has access to it, it felt less like using another color's "tactic". Of course, red is an issue since it gives first strike, which it shares with white, though I could change it back to firebreathing. Haste felt kinda bad, so that's why I didn't go that route. I suppose trying to re-jumble the keywords isn't a bad idea; ideally I want them all to be things white doesn't normally have access to.
>Apostate
This thing is already really good as a 6/4 hasty flier for 5 mana. The doom counter thing is crazy good.The only real saving grace is that the exile ability costs W, so it forces three color deckbuilding, but honestly most people would be fine with the 6 power swing turn 5 without all the doom counter stuff. Course, I don't have much love for "do nothing" counters so maybe I'm just letting bias get to me here.

>>53813842
>Isochron Scepter: Zur Edition
I love it. It seems plenty balanced, and the flavor is on point. Well done anon.

>>53813597
Crazy shit like this happening outside of Un-sets would be uncharacteristic of the game, but would also be fun once in a while. Maybe too fun.

>>53812972
>counter that spell
I think? Other than that, utterly Azorious, by which I mean annoying and unfun. It's funny, I like blue, but WU as a color combo is just... it makes me cringe with how anti-fun it is. It makes monoblue look like a nice guy. I dunno that it's too oppressive though, technically, since you at least get one spell a turn.

>>53812466
In line with what that other anon said, maybe get rid of the Aura thing and instead do something with Heroic to incentivize targeting her with Auras?

>>53812274
I think 4/4 is a bit too beefy for this dude. 3/2 maybe. It's oddly refreshing to see a Legend that rewards 4-of drafting.

>>53812146
Not bad. I wonder why we haven't seen this before (or maybe we have and my mental lexicon is shit). Either way, seems printable.

Worldfire a shit. Not hardcore enough.
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (222KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
222KB, 744x1039px
>>53814089
I like this card a lot! I think the life total would be sexier at 7. Incentivizes packing big creatures. Harder to accomplish unblockable shenanigans.
And I was thinking that the doom counters would fit in with a few other cards I'm making. Mostly self-sufficient.
Was hoping exiling itself and potentially losing a lot of life would be risky enough. Ghetto balancing, go!
>>
>>53812972
that would be the most annoying thing ever to play online.
>>
>>53814348
I've never used MODO. How does naming cards work online? Type in the name? Pick from a list? I can sorta see where you're coming from. It probably rolls pretty intuitively in person (when both people speak the same language) and less so as you get more and more abstracted.
>>
File: Conscious Confliction.png (238KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conscious Confliction.png
238KB, 375x523px
>>53814254
>life total at 7
Hm, setting it a bit higher isn't a bad idea for the exact reasons you gave. Would it cost a bit less as a result? I'm thinking 7 might be a bit too high, since most "finisher" creatures have 5 or 6 power, at least that I can think of, so maybe one of those.
>Apostate
You know, I totally missed that it exiled itself in the first iteration. Tired I guess. It's not as bad as I first thought, but I like the nixing of flying and the addition of menace.You can probably get away with these new keywords and the old ability cost?

>>53811845
I really want to like this, but it feels too efficient. Still, the cost on the activated ability is about on par with what it should cost. I can't really think of much to compare it to though. Daring Thief does swapping (restricted by type) and it's only 2U and you just need to make it tap to trigger Inspired. I dunno.

Have a cheaper Perish the Thought.
>>
>>53814394
it's a type-search from a list of all cards. it's a bit slow and annoying.
it's more about what do you want from your card design.
if you wanted it to be believable , as if wotc designed it, then you should take that into account.
if you don't give a fuck about it then just roll with it.
if you plan on it being playable on cockatrice/xmage/whatever then it's still boring to have to type the name in chat every turn for each player.
if you want it to be printed and played on your kitchen's table then it's deiniftely more usable as in paper those kind of things get sorted out really fast.
>>
>>53814089
>>53814438
Any card with an effect that large effectively just says "win the game" 99.8% of the time after casting it so the fact that you are entertaining the idea of making it cheaper because both players get a little more life is beyond ludicrous.
>>
>>53814743
Oh quit being so melodramatic about it. You don't think it's a good idea, great. I was just asking. Forgive me for not being the cardmaker you expect me to be.
>>
File: Great Hakurei Barrier.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Great Hakurei Barrier.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>53814089
Not going to quote every post in the conversation, but as long as this nukes everything it absolutely can't be cheaper. You could have it only kill (or exile) nonlands and then maybe get away with cmc 6.
>>53814438
Doesn't targeted discard usually have a nonland clause? Not that I particularly mind its absence here.

>card
Is this too oppressive? I was thinking that with most decks playing creatures, you can let them keep playing those and don't let them answer the barrier or lock out creatures, but then they can find answers to the barrier and cast them. It's harsh on spell-only decks but those tend to win before the opponent resolves a 6 mana spell.
>>
File: Plunder.jpg (54KB, 420x517px) Image search: [Google]
Plunder.jpg
54KB, 420x517px
Looks like Pirate Anon got hired.
>>
File: Tamiyo Scroll Maker.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tamiyo Scroll Maker.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
I'm always stumped when it comes to Blue walkers.

>>53816466
Eh, well, I guess Treasure works better than Gold in this instance. Seems Interesting, hoping there's a lot of Treasure support.
>>
File: The Archenemy4.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Archenemy4.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
For the record, I started this before the Bolas cards were spoiled.
>>
>>53814438

That card could arguably be red. It replaces a known card for a random card, aka chaos warp.
>>
File: Legion.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Saving a dead thread.

>>53816519
You don't need the "up to" clauses on the -2 since A) you can always use the + on an empty board and B) if you're opponent has actual 0 permanents in play you've effectively won. Ult seems more black than blue. Maybe make it one cheaper and replace draws with anticipates / impulses?
>>53816827
-X and -3 are both black, and the ult feels grixis. So really this shouldn't be colorless.
>>
File: Zolomar Lord of the Sand3.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zolomar Lord of the Sand3.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Another planeswalker. Partially inspired from people who kept talking about how they wanted a legendary Wurm.

>>53818273
>Tamiyo
Good point on the -2. Ult comes from Archmage Ascension.
>Maybe make it one cheaper and replace draws with anticipates / impulses?
Not entirely sure what you mean here. Do you mean something like Teferi's +1? I mean, it's supposed to draw so it can combo with the ult. And are you saying the card should be 1 less, or the cost for the ability should be 1 less?

>Archenemy
Yeah, this card has been difficult to make. Also, the ult is supposed to be an upgraded Blatant Thievery. I guess I need to reword it to make it more clear then.

>card
Half an Essence of the Wild? Eh, not sure I'm feeling it.
>>
File: No Pain No Gain.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
No Pain No Gain.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Can red have card advantage now?

>>53818642
I meant something along the lines of "If you would draw a card, instead look at the top three/four cards of your library, put one of them into your hand, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order." At -7.
>Blatant Thievery
Didn't know that card. Still, the walker feels UB. I mean, Karn kind of does, too, but still. And I misspoke about the ult; it just reminded me of something that could very well go on a Bolas walker and so my mind said grixis.
>Zolomar
The giant wurm can't even eat creatures? Come on now. Really don't think wurms work as walkers. If you want to convince me otherwise you can go ahead and do that, but monoG won't probably won't cut it.
>Half an Essence of the Wild? Eh, not sure I'm feeling it.
You can also cast your other stuff for 2GG and then maybe it could be useful with mass-blink. Or so I hoped, but I guess it's too convoluted.
>>
>>53818971
>Zolomar
Why is creature destruction required? And yeah, not really going to get that with this. I guess I could add B and make it hit nonland permanents instead. Or maybe incorporate a version of one-sided Fight. And why don't you think Wurms can work as walkers?

>card
Not seeing this at all.
>>
>>53819186
>Why is creature destruction required?
Because it's a giant wurm that presumably lives on a diet of other, smaller creatures.
>>
File: Zolomar Lord of the Sand4.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zolomar Lord of the Sand4.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>53819230
>>
>mono white vampire spoiled
>mono green merfolk spoiled

So can we FINALLY stop being autistic about creature types and fucking admit that they can vary from plane to plane? Can we stop pretending there are inherent mechanics to creature type "Elf" that somehow make it part of green's color pie and not just set dressing?
>>
>>53820617
No
>>
File: Flame begets Flame.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flame begets Flame.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Another go at red CA.

>>53820016
That's actually pretty good. You probably want the -3 to do static damage (4?), otherwise it ends up being pathetic since the 3 counters are removed before resolution of the ability. Other than that, consider me convinced.
>>
>>53820769
Feels more blue, see Call to Mind.
>>
>>53820813
I'm going to have to disagree with that. Call to Mind gets any spell, while Flame requires you to have copies in hand and in yard. It's closer to Shreds of Sanity.
>>
File: Korro Tribal Hunter6.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Korro Tribal Hunter6.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Only change was turning the creature type of the token from Lizard to Dinosaur, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

>>53820617
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being retarded enough to say that a creature type can't be in certain colors. I would just ask that the maker has a good argument for bringing the creature out of its usual colors, because otherwise it's just superfluous.

>>53820769
Well, the idea was to convey a one-sided Fight. I think I can get away with that here, since I think it's clear that the card has pretty creature-ish attributes. But just making it static damage just feels too close to Red for me. Maybe if I made it something like Monstrous Onslaught?

>card
I don't really understand this. I just don't think this mechanic is really that good, but even then, I'm reminded more of Bloodbond March than of any Red card. Anyway, if you still want to keep it, it should probably exile itself.
>>
>>53820922
>I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being retarded enough to say that a creature type can't be in certain colors.
Were you not here for the Timeanon mercenary fiasco?
>>
File: Hells Lullaby.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hells Lullaby.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>53820922
>Well, the idea was to convey a one-sided Fight.
I know. The problem is that the giant wurm can't kill a Grizzly Bears. What about -X for X damage? That ties the damage to its current "health", which is appropriate.
>it should probably exile itself
Honestly I don't understand why Wizards does that with cards like this. I know they don't want "repetitive gameplay", but this is nowhere near Loam/Wasteland or Grove/PF levels of stupid, plus as you said it's not that good to begin with. It has the potential to be an engine card in a spell deck, and as such I'd prefer no exile clauses.

>card
Why not "After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase. Untap all creatures that attacked this turn"? Slightly less utility, but the wording seems cleaner. Not that the original is hard to understand, I just think that 2 lines followed by 4 followed by 3 looks awkward. And this is just nitpicking, but doesn't Korro seem like a male name?
>>
>>53821217
Eh, true.

>>53821222
>-X for X damage
Eh...

>Korro
Another guy pointed out how that wording would telegraph to the opponent what ability you wanted to use on the card. The first and third abilities you want to use before combat, the old second ability you would want to use after. So I lifted this wording from World at War.
>name
Maybe?
>>
File: Lightning Pact.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Pact.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Is there any way to make a balanced burn Pact?
>>
>>53815046
>Final Confrontation
Nah, the only thing I was really considering was the change in life total. I asked about cost but I really shouldn't have, even though I was curious. Oops.
>Conscious Confliction
It normally would, but check out the card I referenced in the post: Perish the Thought. It does the same thing but doesn't replace the card. I just wanted to make a cheaper version that felt more like a "memory swap".
>Barrier
6 mana for a Iona-grade hoser is... hm. Well, it's not quite that bad, but it's pretty oppressive. It'd win you game 1 if you managed to get it out, but it'd get sideboard hated right out of any other game. Course, that's if anyone would play 6 mana hosing outside EDH and in actual competition, as you say. It's probably balanced, but I'm not sure it should exist.

>>53816466
>Gold became Treasure
Bah. Gold tokens sound better. Also did Pirate Anon even do Gold tokens? His thing was Plunder (counter theft). I know there was another dude doing a pirate set that was using Gold though.

>>53816519
>sexy Tamiyo
I don't know how to react to this. Howcome she can't just Investigate? I would think that'd be fine at 2UU. Ult seems fine, if a bit boring. Though she's a sage, so... makes sense?

>>53816931
The idea of it being a B/R hybrid is tempting, but red still doesn't really discard things like that. Chaos Warp is a polymorph effect, which red is starting to get access to. I wouldn't be surprised to see blue lose the effect because of it either.

>>53818273
This isn't that impressive because green gets access to enough ramp and enough efficiently costed fatties that making all your weenies 3/3s for 4 isn't really that great. Now, if you somehow managed to make it white... you'd have something. I guess it fits in token strats in green/GW but it'd be more at home in white, if white can even do such a thing. Which, given its penchant for conformity, I don't see why not.

>>53818971
If you made it "red source you control"... hmm.
>>
File: Reyhan Pacifier.png (231KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reyhan Pacifier.png
231KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Kinetic Potential.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kinetic Potential.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lagoon Lurker.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lagoon Lurker.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Reading some Lovecraft stuff. Really wish there were one or two Deep One-styled Merfolk in Innistrad.

>>53824834
>Gold tokens sound better
With the way they're interact with it, I have to disagree with you.
>Whenever you sacrifice a Gold
>Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure

>Tamiyo
I didn't use Investigate because, well, I wanted something a bit different. Plus I wanted tokens that would stick around, so they could continue to benefit you over multiple turns.

>>53826579
Could be interesting. I think I'd give it the "up to one" rider though, so you don't necessarily have to use it.

>>53826603
Part of me thinks making it more like Bomat Courier would be better, but I could be wrong. Either way, I think it would be better to exile the cards face-down, then turn them up to cast.
>>
File: Sand Dancer.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sand Dancer.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>53826675
>Gold tokens
It only sounds strange because "sacrifice a Gold" isn't very syntactically sound. But yeah, looking at it that way I suppose I agree.
>Tamyo
A bunch of card filtering rocks laying around just feels strange to me I guess. Investigate strikes me as cleaner.
>Lurker
Seems fine to me. I wish they'd decide if they are going to support mill as a mechanic once and for all or not; action-wording it would be such a space saver on uncommons and rares. I think it's slowly going the way of the dodo though, except on cards like this one where it plays into something else.

>>53826603
I agree that it exiling them face down is a better design simply because it doesn't really let you abuse the effect as... effectively. Ahem. Anyway, the hidden information makes it more of a crapshoot, so it's harder to plan around. Feels more red, man. I mean impulse draw is already red, but randomness makes it REDDER...ER.

>>53826579
You could also make this a tap ability:
>"T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking or blocking creature. Untap that creature and remove it from combat."
Trades the ability to prevent a block in the first place for the ability to react to what your opponent is doing in terms of combat tricks and whatnot. Just an thought.

>>53823424
I feel like the issue is holding several of them in hand at once. Maybe making it sorcery speed would help? Free burn is still nice, even at sorcery speed.

So I decided to see if I could make a better Oxidda Golem that might be a Pauper staple without it being too good. I pushed it kinda hard though; I waffled between 4R and 3R and went for the cheaper cost.
>>
File: Thug for Hire.png (230KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thug for Hire.png
230KB, 375x523px
>look at new Ixalan leaks
>Vampires all but confirmed to be BW conquistadors
Timeanon you got some 'splainin to do. I know damn well they make these sets far in advance, so how is it that you've guessed what they are doing to a disturbingly accurate degree twice now?
>>
>>53829290
Decent
>>53829742
Boring
>>
File: Great Hakurei Barrier.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Great Hakurei Barrier.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>53824834
>It's probably balanced, but I'm not sure it should exist.
Here's another attempt. Could also go cheaper with less tax, maybe?
>Red source you control
The card isn't playable unless you make the triggers yourself, so I could change that.
>Legion in white
Did not consider that at all. I'll think about it. Thanks for the feedback.
>>53829290
Wouldprint/10. I love it.
>>53829742
Purely a limited card, but as such not that bad.
>>
File: Vermillion Sage.png (293KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vermillion Sage.png
293KB, 375x523px
>>53830194
>Sand Dancer
Thanks.
>Thug
Can't win 'em all. I like cards like this so different strokes I guess.

>>53830526
>Barrier
Well, let's compare. We have, as general spell taxing, Sphere of Resistance at CMC2 that increases all spell costs by 1. Defense Grid is CMC 2 and forces all spells to cost 3 more if you cast them during your opponents' turns, so it basically only hoses counterspells, instant speed removal, and Flash stuff. Noncreature spell taxing cards include Thorn of Amethyst, Thalia, and Vryn Wingmare. The first two are CMC2 and the last is CMC3. They tax for 1. Taxing creature spells, we have Feroz's Ban at CMC6 for a tax of 2, and that's basically it that I found on a cursory check. So, according to WotC, taxing creature spells is WAY more expensive than taxing noncreature spells. So, that means that according to what I could dig up, it seems you can get away with maybe Truth taxing for 3 and Illusion taxing for 2, assuming the same 3WW cost? If I missed something let me know. The issue is that the cheaper you make it, the better it gets actually, even if the tax lowers.
>No Pain
I also considered it more and it could even be B/R hybrid maybe if you made it a "sources you control that cause you to lose life" sort of effect. Just an additional thought.
>Legion
I'm curious what you'll come up with.

>Sand Dancer
Thanks. I enjoyed fiddling with it.
>Thug
Yeah, pretty much. Lots of people don't like drawback cards, and I don't blame them. I do though, and I like making Mercenary cards that have "pay me" drawbacks on them.

So... I thought up this effect, then decided to keyword it. I don't know that I should have though. It's a cross between red impulse draw and the effect on Nagging Thoughts. I dunno, it feels fun to me at least. It has some build around potential with existing mechanics I think.
>>
>>53830976
>Augur
I wouldn't use it because of how it chews through the library, especially when repeatble and at higher values, but I guess Red wouldn't care.
>>
Page 10 bump. Nearly at bump limit. any ideas for next thread edition? Pirates? Treasure? Dinosaurs? Ixalan?
>>
Well, here's hoping we can keep the next thread alive. Making a new thread now.
>>
NT: >>53837182
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 134

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.