[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 69

File: My Honor Code Forbids It.jpg (546KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
My Honor Code Forbids It.jpg
546KB, 2000x1000px
"Recent Market Analysis Shows This Image Triggers 98% of /edh/ Posters" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53696591

NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

THREAD QUESTION

What's on tap for tonight?
>>
File: 7.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Great general, or greatest general?
>>
>"Recent Market Analysis Shows This Image Triggers 98% of /edh/ Posters"
I don't get it.
>>
I want to get more competitive with edh but my playgroup hates powerful decks.
What do?
>>
>>53718918
OP is pissy that people called him out about being a little bitch for spitescooping
>>
>>53718799
I want to play him, but I don't want to play mono white
>>
>>53719243
>beer posting
what a meme op
only water and celery for me thanks
i don't hate my body
>>
File: Image (2).png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
127KB, 223x311px
so would a Jor Kadeen deck just be a Daretti and a Sram deck mixed together?
>>
is there any way to play phage that isn't retarded? was memeing that i could haste her out after a board wipe in child of alara
>>
>>53719356
In a really inefficient way? Sure. He's much better suited for token spam though with lots of artifacts that Boros needs anyway
>>
>>53719126
Play them, it worked for my playgroup.
>>
>>53719436
tutor up a commanders beacon
>>
>>53719436
Maybe you could try Olivia Mobilized for War? Rakdos has a bunch of no blocking allowed cards and Olivia is a way to give Phage haste from the command zone
>>
>>53719126
Play with anothee group as well
>>
>>53719446
But Daretti and Sram are both good artifact commanders that give you value. So why not put them both in a deck headed by a General that cares about artifacts being on the board?
>>
File: IMG_8773.jpg (128KB, 529x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8773.jpg
128KB, 529x640px
why is boros so shit
whites fun on its own
reds fun on its own
but there are 30 boros commanders that all do the same shitty thing
>>
>>53719702
They can and probably should go into the deck, sure. But you're not going to have access to them every game from the command zone, so why not build around Jor Kadeen instead?
>>
>>53719827
just because the commander says "play doods, turn sideways" doesn't mean you have to do exactly that. You could use the commander as a finisher while building up a board state of taxation effects and hate bears, or use the various artifact synergies in both colors to gain incremental value throughout the game.
>>
>>53719827
1) Red and White are supporting colors. When you just have one color the difference between supporting and the colors that can do their own thing is rather small. Green isn't that much better than Red. When you combine the two colors that have trouble standing on their own though, they don't get much better, while every other combination does. Gruul or Azorius just have so many more options than Boros.
2) Wizards is bad at trying new themes. Boros is the Boros Legion, so they're all about combat, everything is fighting, all the time. Can't be anything not related to combat.
>>
>>53719892
I didn't say I was building around them specifically. What I meant was to take the elements of both decks that work well together and put them in a deck that is lead by a general that also synergizes well with them.
>>
>>53720020
You won't have the virtual CA or power that Daretti provides, or the actual CA that Sram provides. Your commander might synergize, but he'll be much slower and weaker than either would be individually. The only real advantage you get out of it is Sunforger.
>>
>>53719930
ur dum
>>
>>53720070
Just figuring out how to make boros viable makes me dumb?
>>
So I dug up my budget deck from when I first got into EDH and did some extensive editing. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prototype-vengeance-of-zendikar/
>>
>>53719930
None of the commanders available force you to do anything. The fast is, boros commanders don't enable much more than "turn dudes sideways" but other color combos enable a variety of strategies and synergies.
>>
Does Brion's effect damage count as commander damage?
>>
>>53720556
It's only ever been combat damage.
>>
>>53720556
No. Only combat damage is commander damage.
>>
Ok, this may sound autistic, but does anyone stick to a theme with the lands they use in decks?
>>
>>53720846
No
>>
>>53720902
Its extremely common, google island 236 foil as an example
>>
Anyone know why Ulamog, the ceaseless hunger is so expensive now? Is it just a standard thing that rotation will fix or is modern killing the dream again? Last card needed for a deck.
>>
>>53721057
Marvel is tier 1 in Standard right now, BFZ being artificially extended past the initial design dropoff point is throwing everything out of whack
>>
>>53721057
Its a standard thing, give it a year or a bancycle and itll go down
>>
>>53718918
Discussion last thread about scooping and people got REALLY up in arms about how it's a loophole in the rules and other dumb shit.
>>
>>53720182
You're deck looks cool and fun but I don't know the first thing about tuning Grumpy Omnath so I can't provide you any direction. I figured this reply was better than no replies.
>>
>>53721428
My playgroup has 3 judges, if we determine a scoop signifigantly alters the game and the killing player is upset their attack doesnt work we simply veto that players scoop, either way they lose so their opinion on the issue doesnt matter.
>>
>>53719301
OP here. Was not meant to be literal. "On tap for tonight" is a colloquialism for what are your plans for the most popular night of the week for MTG.
>>
>>53721495
Just because their judges doesn't change the rule, anon. Also voting on how you want a board state to play out is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board. If you don't like it, then house rule it.
>>
>>53721577
>their
they're*
>>
>>53721577
If you want to alter somebody's boardstate you better have a card for it. If you're being killed and you dont have a card welcome to die.
>>
What are some good sac outlets in Gruul/Naya?
>>
>>53721653
House rule it if it ruffles your feathers that much. Don't institute an asinine system that is rife with abuse.

"We don't like that this player is winning so we'll vote to allow him not to take advantage of this situation."

This board has shown me I am blessed with my access to the various metas I play in.
>>
>>53721677
greater good
goblin bombardment
perilous forrays
phyrexian altar
ashnods altar
skullclamp
>>
File: 1477073226847.jpg (32KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1477073226847.jpg
32KB, 1200x630px
Do people seriously have groups where people spitefully concede?
>>
>>53721721
I have a group where people concede to cause people to reconsider knocking them out of games but there's no spite involved.
>>
>>53721704
What the fuck are you babbling about? Nobody even said any of that shit.
>>
File: just_mirage_and_ice_age.jpg (22KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
just_mirage_and_ice_age.jpg
22KB, 223x310px
>>53720902
oh gosh yes
>>
>>53721740
>if we determine a scoop signifigantly alters the game and the killing player is upset their attack doesnt work we simply veto that players scoop

It's at your discretion to determine that. That's why it's rife with abuse.
>>
>>53720141
yea
>>
>>53720141
Yep
>>
>>53721738
>Heh. Pathetic kid. Little did you know that killing ME would lead to your downfall
>>
File: 1488446809118.jpg (183KB, 1124x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488446809118.jpg
183KB, 1124x1024px
>>53720902
I love to do this, even if no one else notices but me. If my commander is from a certain plane I like to get lands from that plane. Or I like to do all lands from a certain set, particularly Ravnica or Innistrad.
>>
>playing 4man edh at a convention with strangers
>reanimator combo guy casts some mass reanimate spell to combo out and win
>I have pharika on the board and BG open, about to exile his boonweaver giant to prevent shenanigans
>the guy to my left starts talking shit like reanibro isn't about to win on the spot
>"no response"
>boonweaver giant wins on the spot
Who would have thunk it
>>53720902
I did it for my Tomorrow deck
Equal numbers of each kamigawa island to make sets of panoramas
>>
>>53721868
>You can't stop me from gaining that life off of you. That's against my rules.
>>
>>53721893
I would kill for full art Ravnica lands
>>
File: New.jpg (1MB, 3741x1514px) Image search: [Google]
New.jpg
1MB, 3741x1514px
>>53720902
Of course I do, pretty much everyone on here is just as autistic as you.
>>53721911
These are better, can be hard to find though.
>>
Why/When did Atheros god of passage get so expensive? when I bought him a year or 2 ago he was only $5 now he's almost 20
>>
>>53722120
You bought him at the all-time low, and now you're looking at overpriced listings. He's like $11.
>>
>>53722120
>Thinks $10 is close to $20.
>kek
>>
>>53721495
This is what my group does. It's really funny because every time it happens the spite scooper completely spergs out and looks like an even bigger asshole. We simply tell him if he wanted a say in how the game was going to go he should have stayed in it.

Anybody with any social awareness stops spitescooping or stops showing up to commander night at that point.

It's funny how people in this thread are saying the same shit they do, sputtering out shit like
>B-ball you should have made it a house rule

Newsflash fag, you can make up anything you want at any time as long as everyone in the game agrees with it. You are no longer in the game to disagree.
>>
>>53719225
>>53721428
I don't get why people do this. The only time anyone in my group announces "I scoop" is:
A) They know for a fact there is absolutely nothing they can top deck the next turn to ensure survival
B) Opponent went infinite and the cards/effect have been explained/known to the player
B1) Even if they opponent went "infinite" the player will stick around so that the effect finishes resolving, but only if it is a multiplayer game

>>53718799
Okay general.
A) You're playing mono-white
B) Everyone will focus on you because "fuck you I want to play the game!"

>>53720902
I don't understand what you mean.

>>53721075
>>53721057
If you're lucky it will go down. For example, I don't recall Noble Hierarch being fucking $80 back when mythic bant was the only response to jund in standard.

>>53721781
It has specific conditions, calm your autism faggot.

>>53722120
As other anons noted, it seems you're looking at overpriced numbers. Other than that, take a look at which good/top decks use that card. That'l probably give you your answer.
>>
>>53722243
It's been explained multiple times and people can't understand. I'm not doing it a fourth time so people can say yet again I play with a group of immature edgelords or whatever other buzzwords they'll conjure to justify whatever they define as how one should "properly" play EDH.
>>
>>53722120
All of the gods are expensive because they're decent generals, new, and extremely popular with casuals. Gods are basically planeswalkers in terms of casual appeal.

In my experience, god tribal 5-color wrath decks are just as popular as casual sliver decks.
>>
>>53718754
what's up with the image, I thought you had to have 2 scoops to trigger people?
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53722308
Classic deck
>>
>>53720902
I do it for my Sygg deck. A lot of the Islands and Swamps lean towards rivers or open seas. Check the original Innastrad island with the raging seas, then check the calmer version of it from Avacyn Restored.

I tried to do the same thing with Sapling and heavily forested swamps and forests.
>>
File: (You).jpg (112KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
112KB, 960x768px
>>53722278
>Still, this fucking long, defending spite-scooping as a political move, especially knowing that you are literally the only person here who sees it as anything other than faggotry

In all of the ways you can play this game, win, set up for future games, etc., the only thing that most groups will agree upon is that scooping at instant speed to fuck over another player is hardly acceptable. You could remove their permanents or cause a board wipe in response to your death. You can counter an important spell they need and deprive them of it while you know you're going to die next. You can pump someone else's creature with counters in response to stuff like this. Dying breath moves that people can actually do stuff with are totally fine, but literally saying "W-well I am out of the game! No lifegain/damage/target/extra player triggers for you!" is about the most cuck move you can do. Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
So how is Sedris guys? Bringing that from the last thread. I've got a Rakdos the Defiler demon tribal deck, which is ok but lacks truly impactful plays other than Sire of Insanity, Living Death, Repay in Kind and Havoc Festival. I was wondering, would Sedris be able to provide a better pressure on the board? Last time I remember seeng him, it was all Kiki combos

>>53720902
Most of the time, like I've got necrogen swamps for my geth deck (swamps with the vault of whispers are underwhelming)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-013336.jpg (270KB, 978x978px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-013336.jpg
270KB, 978x978px
>>53722214
>>53722216
sorry I was looking at edhrec and they have it listed as 16. IMO 16 is closer to 20 than 10 so i don't see why that's a kek.

No one answered why his price picked up though
>>
>>53722540
price picks up as time goes on
that's why we need reprints
>>
File: mad.png (112KB, 831x646px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
112KB, 831x646px
This is your threadly reminder that if you are upset by "tactical scoop," you do not understand MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction.
>>
>>53722815
MAD only applies in circumstances where both belligerents can assure absolute devastation upon either side doing anything to overstep boundaries. Responding to an all-out attack by flashing in No Mercy or Routing when someone has an Omnath and multiple elementals is MAD. Fireballing someone who has multiple Goblin Bombardment targets, but simply not enough to absolutely kill you at instant speed is MAD. Hitting someone who has all kinds of lethal and making them mill a ton or discard their hand is MAD. Scooping because someone killed you is literally just depriving them of a reason to target you beyond simply booting you out of the game. And if they know you're going to scoop to deprive resources, they're only going to throw things at you that aren't intended to gain value, killing you anyways, but now without the good favor of an honorable death. Spite-scooping only results in Spite-targeting in future games. People like you lack the concept of regular play groups. I wouldn't be surprised if you've only played EDH in MTGO.
>>
>>53722540
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Journey+into+Nyx/Athreos+God+of+Passage#paper

It hasn't really "picked up". You got it at the bottom of its fall, and it's stabilizing at about $10, just dipping somewhat above and below.
>>
>>53722895
People like you use words like "spite" to describe actions in a game where the primary objective is to be the last player alive. I don't intend on letting you get a feast and famine trigger if i'm being attacked for lethal, but every game action BEFORE that point was a cake and icecream simulator where we sucked each others dicks in a circle and sang kumbaya . The ridiculousness of the anti-scoop position peaks when you ask the question of if players are allowed to activate abilities like moltensteel dragon, or if they are allowed to use swords to plowshares on the attacking player out of "spite."
>>
>>53723003
> The ridiculousness of the anti-scoop position peaks when you ask the question of if players are allowed to activate abilities like moltensteel dragon, or if they are allowed to use swords to plowshares on the attacking player out of "spite."

If you literally use cards to drain your own life total out of the game, you used your own cards to kill yourself. This is absolutely acceptable in every way because you literally had to have reachable out on the field when you were on your way to die, and people could have easily broken it or deprived you of the possibility of activating it's ability, like with K-Grip. How the fuck does Swords to Plowshares go against what I've said? You're killing something they have as a last breath attack on their resources and dying. It is absolutely fair to damage them for killing you. Literally MAD in and of itself.

What you're describing is Scorched Earth tactics. I'd advise you read a book every once in a while. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorched_earth
>>
File: mtgcom_arcana_747_pic1_en-1.jpg (81KB, 575x403px) Image search: [Google]
mtgcom_arcana_747_pic1_en-1.jpg
81KB, 575x403px
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/shirei-shizos-caretaker
what the fuck /edhg/ i'd never heard of this guy until the day but, i dunno i find his card design so cool. anyone ever play or make a deck with this guy? is he any good or fun? what's some spicy stuff you can do with him? I might make him myself.
>>
>>53723076
He is a 100$ deck commander, if your meta doesn't have any removal or gravehate he is pure cancer. Otherwise, he is very similar to Endrek Sahr - puny 2/2 body for 5 mana, that has your whole deck spinning around him and dies to a stiff breeze
>>
>>53723065
It's ironic that you are telling me to read a book but you can't be bothered to read the rule book.
>>
File: Dominion.png (44KB, 354x445px) Image search: [Google]
Dominion.png
44KB, 354x445px
>>53723144
You're under the impression I'm arguing against you because I think it's illegal. I'm saying that it's rude and exclusively poor sportsmanship. If you do this at your LGS frequently, you're only going to draw ire, and if you are surprised by this, you are retarded. Just because something's "Legal" doesn't mean that everybody is going to be sunshine and unicorn vomit just because you """can""" do it.
>>
File: des7.png (232KB, 598x368px) Image search: [Google]
des7.png
232KB, 598x368px
>>53723179
How is using the inherent player option to lose the game at any time more rude than activating moltensteel dragon twenty times? And if you say it's fair because it can be interacted with, I will hold priority during each activation, then fuck your face with the abilities on the stack.

It's a 100% irrational complaint.
>>
I wonder if anybody has that weird feeling that some cards don't belong in the deck? Even if the deck is build around a general and the cards are absolute must for it to work? I get it mostly in decks with more that 2 colors, it feels like a mismatched mess in your hand. Is this autism?
>>
>>53722243
Noble Hierarch's price skyrocketed after DRS was banned in Modern.
>>
>>53723254
Commander is filled with autistic reactions to things based on no logic whatsoever. You're in good company. Speaking of autistic reactions, what's your opinion on conceding?
>>
File: wii.jpg (11KB, 324x315px) Image search: [Google]
wii.jpg
11KB, 324x315px
>>53723243
>How is using the inherent player option to lose the game at any time more rude than activating moltensteel dragon twenty times? And if you say it's fair because it can be interacted with, I will hold priority during each activation, then fuck your face with the abilities on the stack.

Alright, you had a moltensteel dragon on the field, had it until you were guaranteed a death, and killed yourself with its triggers in response to...what, a Sword of Feast and Famine's damage trigger? This meant that you had to have had it through multiple turns, something that could be Naturalized or Doombladed really easily, two shocks could have easily erased it from the field, a 5-cost fireball would destroy it, a random sac trigger could have made you get rid of it. You had to have had this thing on the field, and use of its ability is looming over our heads as a card that just may kill its owner before we have the ability to. Thus, if I see that, I know for sure you can easily pay your life total and kill yourself before I'm able to kill you. If I wanted to, I could destroy it with any number of ways and deprive you of the option unless I have 900 saprolings with a Beastmaster Ascension out and you know for damn sure they're coming your way. Not to mention, again, K-Gripping it will deprive you of the option to commit suicide before I'm able to beat my triggers out of you. This creature is absolutely within its rights to be able to kill its owner, and suicide by card is infinitely preferable to "I'll just leave, fuck you". Why you are having such difficulty grasping this concept is beyond me. I literally had the ability to cut away your suicide tactic and still draw value from you with Moltensteel. An unexpected """tactical""" scoop can happen at any point in the game just because I'm ahead.
>>
What do y'all think of my deck idea
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-06-17-stop-hitting-yourself/
>>
>>53723254
The thing is, your deck will eventually evolve such that you know precisely what cards "matter", which is determined by what your deck seems to do the most, and the best. My old Darien deck ran tons of cards that made soldier tokens, because if I took damage, it would only further supplement my army and I could go further with it. My current Darien deck runs only four token makers, but a metrick fuckton of things that put damage into my own face, like painlands or artifacts that hurt me or everybody when I tap them. They became my new token makers, and as long as I can get my hands on a soul sister before actually killing myself, they are usually either paid for as they come in, or even a net positive.
>>
>>53723322
Absolutely silly. Add a Fireshrieker and/or a Hedron Matrix to the deck.
>>
>>53723297
I'm not the one to perpetuate arguments and I've rarely been in a situation when the damage connecting to a person did matter. In my group we often concede after somebody manages to establish a lock, even when it'll take ages for him to actually kill the table. Generally, no one would make fun of a person if he concedes even without a good reason

>>53723346
That deck is sweet. I mean, when I play monocolor it's all good, other than glaring weaknesses due to color pie. Adding a second one is still okay, but when I try to combine my favorite duos into a deck with a single unified theme it falls appart. Compare Karador and Saffi - Karador is a superior choice for reanimation combos, but adding more colors makes my head spin
>>
>>53723307
>This creature is absolutely within its rights to be able to kill its owner, and suicide by card is infinitely preferable to "I'll just leave, fuck you". Why you are having such difficulty grasping this concept is beyond me.
Besides your little emotional spiel, there is nothing inherently better about using a card effect or cost to do something rather than a game rule. Otherwise casting rampant growth would be a more honorable way of gaining land than simply playing it using game rules.
The term "leave" is used dishonestly here. Regardless of the outcome, you are either leaving or waiting for the next game anyway. Literally the only difference is something like whether or not you get a trigger or something. You keep on trying to play this debate like allowing the trigger to go through is the thing a socially aware person would do, but treating a trigger like its a moral right is absolutely more ridiculous.

> This meant that you had to have had it through multiple turns, something that could be Naturalized or Doombladed really easily, two shocks could have easily erased it from the field, a 5-cost fireball would destroy it, a random sac trigger could have made you get rid of it. You had to have had this thing on the field, and use of its ability is looming over our heads as a card that just may kill its owner before we have the ability to.
The inherent absurdity of this line of justification is that you are coming up with solutions to a problem that does not exist.

The way magic normally works already, well, works. You or the rest of the #scooprape crew have been able to come up with nothing but emotional appeals to why we should be playing a game that is measurably not "Magic: the Gathering"
>>
>>53723408
The questions you should be asking are less "What does this extra color give me?" and more "What can my commander do with this extra color?"

For example, as simple as it may seem, looking at Dakkon Blackblade versus Molimo, they are in essence the exact same dude, but the vastly different color identity means that they are going to need to utilize this wildly different territory to accomplish what is presumably an identical goal. Molimo has access to Branchwood armor, all of the Green ramp spells, Life's Legacy/Greater Good, etc. While this is definitely a massive blessing, you have to consider that Esper colors, relying primarily on shutting people out of a fight against you, can EASILY make Dakkon Blackblade just as dangerous, if not markedly more dangerous. You can copy artifact lands, you can use Sen Triplets to steal other players' lands from their hands. Since Dakkon isn't limited by land type, you can also just use tons of valuable utility lands and not worry about mana fixing. Not to mention every single potent aura in Esper colors, as well as all of the artifact synergy you have in order to simply tutor for all of the Equipment you could want. Literally the same general, but the general can use the color scheme that they are given differently. Don't think of it as "Reanimator, but with X+1 colors", think about it as "This guy does literally this, but now in these colors".
>>
>>53723322
That is fucking retarded

I love it
>>
File: Favorite Commanders Template.png (120KB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite Commanders Template.png
120KB, 2232x1928px
OK guys its time to prove who OBJECTIVELY has the most patrician legend-taste.

Submit your app and prepare to be judged.
>>
How would one make an acid trip themed deck? Not just a lucid dream, that would be rather easy. "What the fuck" art style, elementals, hand/deck manipulation, illusions and mill come to mind. We'll need blue, probably black, but what else?
>>
>>53723649
Holy shit I forgot mono colors

Will fix tomorrow

>>53723670
Child of alara feels like an acid trip art .

Like your baby starts crying mid-trip and that's what you see
>>
I played some edh at my lgs yesterday (I know, I know) and had only one game yesterday.

>me playing a low powerlevel Sygg
>Player A playing Momir
>Player B as Prossh
>Player C in a medium powerlevel Sissy deck that he hadn't touched in two years (he also hasn't played magic in general for 2 years)
>Play propaganda to deter Prossh from murdering me on his 3rd turn
>He spends a turn deciding whether to attack me or not
>Momir starts goading him into murdering me asap despite me having two nonlands out
>Prossh hits me twice unbuffed on his turns
>Tell Prossh that Momor might go crazy soon and he should apply some pressure on him
>Prossh says "I know when his deck will go crazy. i'll stop him before then."
>Prossh's next turn sees me dead to a buffed swing
>On Momir's turn he pops off, gets a second turn thanks to the miracle timewall, goes infinite and kills Prossh and Sissy

Anyone got stories of "I told you so"?
>>
>>53719436
If you run a Vela deck, Phage can be really neat.
>>
>>53723430
>You or the rest of the #scooprape crew have been able to come up with nothing but emotional appeals

Are you an idiot? Nobody here has said that it's against the rules to scoop. People make up house rules to try to mitigate spite scooping, sure. But everyone understands it's in the rules, just like jacking up pricing on medicine because you're the only game in town, or buying an election. It's all in the rules. You can do it.

What you aren't getting is that it's upsetting for people when you do so. The only response is an emotional one. The only argument is an emotional one. If everyone you play with likes spite scooping and each game is just a contest on who can hatefuck each other the best and you get a sense of satisfaction from it, go ahead. It's a bit like eating human flesh, if everyone is on the up and up, and it's not illegal where you live, you and your gang of cannibals can do you and eat each other's legs or whatever. Just don't be surprised when people are disgusted with you and you are excluded from their company.
>>
File: edh_chart.jpg (2MB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
edh_chart.jpg
2MB, 2232x1928px
>>53723649
4c suck, so have mono colored ones instead
>>
File: cul.jpg (51KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
cul.jpg
51KB, 1024x512px
>>53723982
>tsabo tavoc
>>
>>53723971
>>53723408
Can you guys just stop
>>
>>53723953
How would the situation be any different if the Prossh player attacked the Momir player instead of killing you? The Momir player would still have gotten the extra turn and won.
>>
>>53723953
Prosh players in my experience seem to always have garbage threat assessment.
>>
>>53723363
Cool idea for an Emrakul deck, but I feel like there's too much stuff in that range to begin with.

>>53723491
Thanks. That's the kind of feeling it's supposed to give.

I goldfished a little, and I'm thinking I might cut some 5 drops for more lands and an expedition map. Thawing glaciers felt really strong the time I got it, and the deck definitely has mana issues.
>>
File: 74.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
This dude is so good. Just him sitting in the bin keeps everyone from playing their big mean threats.
>>
File: edh_chart 2.jpg (2MB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
edh_chart 2.jpg
2MB, 2232x1928px
>>53723649
>>53723982
An updated le ebin meme edition
>>
What's your deck to sit back and chill? Not necessarily pillowfort or grouphug, just something that doesn't immediately make you a target so you can play your longer game
>>
>>53724522
I dont have any
>>
>>53724522
All my decks. Because that way people use their removal on more scary stuff and I get to do stuff without interruption. 100$ budget EDH is best EDH
>>
>>53724766
If your stuff isn't scary, how is it relevant to winning the game?
>>
>>53724815
I unleash my scary stuff once the best removal stuff has already happened. Mana Geyser + Banfire is 5/5.

My 100$ 4-color token+funstuff -deck has won against decks with original dual lands, ulamogs etc in multiplayer. I don't know how I'm doing it, but this deck works very well.
>>
File: TOOT.jpg (106KB, 540x504px) Image search: [Google]
TOOT.jpg
106KB, 540x504px
So edhg I have a problem at my table.
>Usually 4 man, 3 durdly decks and my own being the only balls to the wall aggro deck at the table
>Mono-W Guy likes to play punch roulette since he gets a faster board state, other guy playing azorius control and can't be allowed to build up, Mono-B guy sits on the other side of the table harrassing folks with black good stuff
>Wait to go aggro on anyone for the first person to make a move on me, see how the table turns out
>Mono-W guy starts insisting I'm a faggot because I'll go all out on the first person to hit me, and it's usually him or the azorius
>Mono-B usually wins because he waits for someone to aggro me while trading with the Azorius

How to improve this situation?
>>
>>53724828
Kill them all at once, harder
>>
>>53724828
>balls to the wall aggro
>against 3 control decks
They wouldn't be called control if they couldn't hose an aggro deck, let alone 3v1. Attract attention to the mono-b person winning all the time, so If your opponents aren't potato, they'll at least let you aggression resolve against that player. Rinse and repeat to make them actually play the game on their own

>>53724826
How about they build enough board presence to deny you any attempts of stabilizing? Like repeatable bounce effects, grave pact, stax or just ridiculous damage you can't resist without a huge board? When I try to pull off anything like that, I'm just collateral damage wiped out with 1/4 of somebody's army or an infinite combo.
>>
>>53724924
I can't currently ensure the death of one player, or a rough board state for everyone but take out noone. That's where the "control" comes in, I usually can't secure a win but they'll divide their attention leaving them easy individual targets until later in the game.
>>
>>53724950
*I can.
>>
>>53724826
>Dual lands as a measurement of power

The difference between a tundra and a hallowed fountain is about 200$ and 2 life.

Price =//= power. Command tower is stronger and cheaper than both of them and I would bet your deck runs that.
>>
>>53725016
Why yes, it is also not tutorable with most things. That is like comparing sol ring and mana crypt.

If somebody would really put their life savings into a deck and visit a random lgs, local's chances are slim af, unless they run really specific hate and team up
>>
>>53725051
>Occasionally not losing 2 life to a land means the whole table has to team up on you to win.

You are being ridiculous. Plenty of strong decks can be built dirt cheap (Yisan and brago stax come to mind, and teferi stax, one of THE top decks in the format isn't that expensive either).

Meanwhile it sounds like your saying any 5 color deck that doesn't have a shit mana base that it's fighting against constantly is a nearly unstoppable rape train, even if they are just playing karona avatar tribal.
>>
File: 1413248234343.jpg (346KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1413248234343.jpg
346KB, 1104x1104px
>Commander Anthology only has waifu generals
>>
So what stuff in Kaalia and Derevi is absolute garbage?
>>
So in what deck would thawing glacier work best?

From my experience it works just as well in any deck as long as you get it out together with deserted temple early.
>>
>>53725016
Yes of course. Was just trying to say that they have used a lot of money for their decks. Usually powerful and high priced cards mean more power in the whole deck.
>>
>>53725196
Landfall decks, decks with untap themes, decks in very slow metas, deck with lots of basics.

I feel like as long as you are nailing two of those it's probably good enough to put in. Garruk is my favorite interaction with the card.
>>
>>53725093
And godlike life trackers. Need to get my hands on one.
>>
>>53725233
They're a bit stiff but become less so after some use. Otherwise they sure beat a fistful of spindowns, but YMMV.
>>
>>53725222
currently running a mono red deck wit like 30 basics and thought about putting it in
>>
>>53725253
I just need to find someone willing to part with one of theirs and I'll be complete.
>>
>>53725329
Good luck with that. Although, if it's any consolation, there's one included in the Archenemy set.
>>
File: 1384256994026.gif (182KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
1384256994026.gif
182KB, 400x374px
>tfw your trusty old trade binder you've been schlepping to various LGSs all over the country for 10+ years is starting to slowly lose cohesion
I know it's weird to get sentimentally attached to this thing, but we've been through so much together.
>>
File: 294588.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
294588.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>53725352
My trade binder is started to tear a few months after I bought it. Don't buy this crap.
>>
>>53725338
I'm seeing some being sold for $14 so I'll probably juat order one next month.
>>
File: 180px-ScoopUp.jpg (16KB, 180x255px) Image search: [Google]
180px-ScoopUp.jpg
16KB, 180x255px
>>
>>53725093
I thought derevi was a guy?
>>
>>53726229
No, owl pussy
>>
>>53726229
lol nope

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/uncharted-realms/ten-commanders-2013-10-29

read the first sentence about derevi.
>>
Is Hanna too weak for a fairly competitive playgroup (mostly tier 1-2 decks)? I was thinking about building her, but I'm not convinced.
>>
>>53727033
She's a bit too weak and needs a lot of setup. Sharuum is a lot better for an Esper Artifact deck. If you do decide on Hanna, "Aetherflux and cheap artifacts," is a good way to go. Three mana, fifty life, and Aetherflux ends the game.
>>
>>53727061
You're thinking of Sydri.
>>
>>53722492
Out of all my decks, Sedris is my favorite one. He doesn't have to be all about Kiki combos, you can just play him as Grixis goodstuff with plenty of ways to use your deck twice. Play all your cards like normal, then use Sedris to bring back creatures, keep them around with Teferi's Veil, Conjurer' s Closet, etc. Use shit like Dralnu or Archaeomancer to get instants and sorceries back for a second or third time. I only have one Kiki combo for when the game goes too long.
>>
>>53727071
Fuck, I am. Hanna's pretty good, I've seen her in Stax shells as a way to break parity by sacrificing a Stasis or Winter Orb to Claws of Gix, then getting it back and playing it again.
>>
File: 1496034026225.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496034026225.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>be me
>in four person commander game
>we roll dice to see who goes first
>I go last
>first player goes "scorching desert, target anon, pass"
>I'm absolutely stunned
>I go down to 39 life before it's even my turn
>he doesn't even apologize
I haven't even had one turn, so it was impossible for me to interact with the trigger. If he let me just play one island I could have stifled the trigger and still been at 40 life. Instead he targets me out of pure spite. We all talked about it and it was pretty clear that he only wanted me to be at 39 life so that I wouldn't win. He was going all on about how he is perfectly allowed to scorch me, but he didn't even think for a second about how I felt about it.

It would have been infinitely preferable if he gave me just one turn to get up stifle mana or find a way to gain some life. Instead he tries to act like just because the game lets him do something that its ok and my feelings don't matter. We all agreed that targeting me was unnecessarily spiteful considering he had another land in hand he could play, or he could have mulliganed to a hand that had less hateful cards. We all agreed to just play as if I was at 40.

What I don't get is how people like him think its a good idea to play like that with regular playgroups. You know that by hitting me with scorching desert, it's just going to make me bring out my five color stonerain.dek and completely remove his ability to play next game.

Since then we have houseruled that you're not allowed to hurt others players if they don't have a way to interact with it. Our players that have some social awareness and aren't completely autistic have all agreed with this rule and it has done a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap.
>>
File: 20170609_202036.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_202036.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
So what did the mailman bring you today /edhg/?
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 515x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 515x708px
>>53727033
My Hannah deck is definitely one of my most consistent and powerful decks. Though Hannah herself doesn't play a large role, she can definitely pull things back when your other recursion gets off'd. I play artifact ramp, planeswalker goodstuff and lots of asymmetrical draw with a bit of stax. Generally fun to pilot. Plus Hanna is top tier waifu.

make sure you're playing Standstill
>>
File: Baitenhiemer.gif (54KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Baitenhiemer.gif
54KB, 625x626px
>>53727370
Time to grab popcorn.
>>
File: qosjmZp.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
qosjmZp.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>53727370
I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
>>53727033
She is a decent Azorious general. In a competitive group you can go all out with the combos that she can play. Hanna basically just gives some ability to recover combo pieces after they're destroyed or discarded. I run her with the Parralax Wave/Tide +Opalescence combo, Sensei's Top+Future Sight+Rings+Basalt Monolith+Power Artifact combos, and Sun Titan+Dance of Many+Claws of Gix. It hasn't been updated in 5 years but it was decent back then and could be upgraded to be stronger.
>>
File: 20170111.jpg (665KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170111.jpg
665KB, 1600x1200px
>>53720902
Fuck yes.
>>
>>53727880
What kind of weird edition is that?
>>
>>53720902
No I don't do any theme. I just like to make sure each basic is a different art.
>>
>>53727951
>each basic is a different art
You're an actual monster.
>>
>>53727603
Pasta but true
>>
File: Brion Stoutarm_LRW.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Brion Stoutarm_LRW.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53719827
Boros has Brion Stoutarm, who kind of is creature: the tappening deck, but not as combat focused so there's that.
>>
File: favourite commanders.png (7MB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
favourite commanders.png
7MB, 2232x1928px
>>53723649
is it too late to have /tg/ judge my taste?
>>
>>53727923
it's a promo voil version of a Beta artwork
>>
>>53727880
>Shiny Arena Forests
>Not APAC or Euros that at least have distinct art.
10/10 price but 6/10 taste.

Eternal Witness playmat is patrician, though.
>>
>>53721721
On my group people just concede when they know it'll make it faster to begin another match. I've never seen anyone concede out of anger, or because someone consistently responded to their deck gimmick, tho.
>>
>>53720902
Usually. Freyalise, for instance, has all Ice Age. Sometimes I go for >>53727951 though because IMO an EDH deck looks best on the table when it's really heterogeneous. If I can have a modern commander next to a futureshifted card, a classic card, and an unglued full art land I'm happy.
>>
>>53728175
>American flag Shu Yun
>Poison alter Alesha
Godly.
>>
>>53721779
This.
But modern frame foil. Best swamp
>>
>>53728175
That Heliod isn't real, is it? I've never seen a promo version of him.
>>
File: bestgeneral.png (4MB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
bestgeneral.png
4MB, 2232x1928px
>>53723649
Alright, lads, let's do this!
>>
Is it a good idea to buy pic related as a base for two vanilla 1vs1 EDH decks? Me and my gf took part in EMN prerelease so we have plenty of SOI and EMN cards already - she also pulled Gisa and Geralf so it would be waste to not use it
>>
>>53728641
Not really. The actual decks are fairly well-balanced, though, and Gisa and Geralf are a great option for Zombies if you ddon't want the greater inconsistency of 3-color and want some more direct control over what you bring out from the yard. They're raw card advantage if you play it right. I'd recommend a few more counterspells than normal to stop boardwipes so you can keep your commander out and your yard open.
>>
>>53727370
It makes me sad that this is actual reality in some groups. I know this is bait, but some people are serious with this kind of shit
>>
File: 20170609_124521.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_124521.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Eat shit.
>>
File: 1484312197596.png (246KB, 573x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484312197596.png
246KB, 573x597px
>>53728736
I see that old Fogey
>>
File: U.2.jpg (27KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
U.2.jpg
27KB, 612x380px
>>53728736
>he shelled out for ABUR duals in a format where fast fixing is exponentially less important early on in most decks
>when he could've built no less than 4 tuned decks for that same price
>>
>>53728778
>implying they can only be used in edh
>implying the decks aren't already finely tuned and foiled out
>>
So, I wanted to try and build my first deck and I opted for Rakdos, Lord of Riots and build the standard deck around him ( big demons, couple non degenerate eldrazi, creature based aoe, yadda yadda).
Here's the decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-06-17-CIn-rakdos/

I decided to pick him for a couple of reasons:
- Cheap to build.
- Seems balanced to my playgroup which is pretty casual ( my Saskia precon, no alteration, recieves still sincere groans).
I wanted to go full demon tribal with the original Rakdos, but the deck seemed to turn out both too powerful and too expensive.

I have a couple of questions for you /edh/:

1) The deck is pretty much build from the reccomended section of EDHREC; I wanted to throw some spicy techs, but being kind of new to magic I don't really know what to put in.
Any advice?

2) I had a combo with Platinum Emperion+ Stuffy Doll + Volcano Hellion in mind.
Turns out Platinum Hellion is fairly expensive so I sobstituted him with Platinum Angel.
Does the combo still work?
Any alternatives?

3) Could you point me towards other Commanders that can be build on the cheap?
Originally i wanted to buy this year precons, but dragons\angel\elfs aren't really my thing ( moreover, in my playgroup there's already a guy that plays Scion of the Ur-Dragon and I feel like it's a pretty boring deck).

Thanks for your time /edh/, I should apologize for my shaky english.
>>
>>53728734
The sad thing is that every argument used by that obvious troll post has been used by the people that insist on criminalizing "tactical scoop"
>>
>>53728942
Not really
>>
What are some permanents that let me sac creatures for value? Im building a nicol bolas deck and I want to steal my opponents creatures with threaten effects and then sac them
>>
>>53729030
Viscera Seer, Thoughtpicker Witch if your meta has a lot of scry effects, and if you can keep the creature for more than one turn, Hell's Caretaker. You can also go with Altar of Dementia for a mill alt-wincon.
>>
>>53727370
This is the best thing to come from this general since Bryanposting.
>>
>>53728982
Have you read the thread? Or are you the guy triggered by scooping?
>>
>>53728941
Sup rakdos senpai. He's my favorite commander and I've built him in a lot of strange ways.

The first thing you need to know is that rakdos is very distinctly NON competitive, but he is viable in groups that aren't trying to combo off/stax off. This is my ideal power level of games.

1) spicy cards that edh shrek doesn't seem to know about yet
hazorets monument. play this card even if you have 0 red creatures, the looting is fantastic when you are going off.
Hangerback walker turns your ashnods altar into loadza mana.
where ancients tread is a slightly worse warstorm surge, but warstorm surge is literally the best card in your deck by a mile and where ancients tread is only worse than warstorm surge by a few yards.
Ashnods is also really good, but everybody knows about that.

2)The combo isn't very good because you kill one person and then put your life total to nothing against two other players who are going to kill your angel. It does accomplish killing one person I guess.

3) Every commander can be built for $40 or $400. It's really hard to say that some are going to be very cheap unless you are trying to build a gimmicky deck.
>>
>>53729124
Nah. I don't have issues with "tactical scooping", since I don't attack in a way that fucks me over if I don't connect. That said, no one in my metas spitescoops anyway, so there's that. No one ever has anything to gain by spitescooping so it's pretty much as petty as overgame grudges.
>>
File: ramrod.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ramrod.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Anyone else play edh while drinking? Any funny drunk magic stories? Favorite drink? Have you even won while completely smashed?

Whiskey and coke, and rakdos big dick smashing is amazing.

Just got my pirate deck that I'm playing tonight, going to be drinking rum and coke to fit with the theme.
>>
>>53729124
Have you? The bait is your basic strawman, misrepresenting the argument and points made within it. Such as the point about acting like an adult.
>>
>>53727370
i love /edhg/

thank you for this post anon
>>
>>53728702
Probably I'm still gona give it a try. GnG should be easy to build with all these cheap zombies. On the other hand the Geist of Saint Traft don't really benefits from blessed deck cards - he seems to be a strictly voltron commander
>>
File: chef.jpg (169KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
chef.jpg
169KB, 853x1280px
>>53727370
>>
>>53729203
>Anyone else play edh while drinking?
Yes.

>Any funny drunk magic stories?
Not really. Mostly me and my buddies testing random jank we came up with after a few too many.

>Favorite drink?
Captain Morgan Tattoo & Dr. Pepper. The Captain tastes like black licorice on it's own but it makes a nice sweet drink when mixed with the Dr. Pepper. I prefer a roughly 1-2 ratio.

>Have you even won while completely smashed?
Multiple times. Like I said, me and my friends would test jank together while drunk. I have better deck building skills so my jank usually won more.
>>
>>53729194
>No one ever has anything to gain by spitescooping so it's pretty much as petty as overgame grudges.
Nobody gains anything from a retaliatory nuclear strike, but superpower nations still need to be able and willing to do it otherwise they can be nuked. The apparent paradox of this situation is that because a nation is WILLING to nuke, in practice it will not be FORCED to nuke, unless being nuked is considered an acceptable/unavoidable loss. The parallel comes from situations in magic where being WILLING to scoop means you do not HAVE to scoop.

Expected value is a good concept, but it's not the only thing to consider when making decisions. There are a ton of examples in game theory of situations that use expected value as a trap to lead to bad decisions. Some examples include the ultimatum game and the dollar auction. Therefore, going by the reasoning "dying is losing, scooping is losing, the expected value of scooping is 0" just isn't good enough to describe the situation.

Of course, there is some sort of nash equilibrium solution for different varieties of conceding. Scooping in response to bribery is insanely poor most of the time because it ends up transforming the bribery into a five-mana destroy target player. However, if whiffing the bribery costs the player the game, and resolving the bribery loses the targeted player the game, its in their best interest to scoop it some percentage of the time.

It's not petty. It's the same as having a swords to plowshares in your hand and using it as a deterrent even if it doesn't save you from lethal. Consider how fire ants end up literally dying to mildly irritate people, but that feature alone makes them more likely to survive individually. It's also similar to how some frogs have diarrhetics in their skin. The intestinal sickness caused is "petty" compared to dying, but it still helps the frog.

Nature, real life, game theory, and warfare all have examples of incentive-based survival.
>>
>>53729408
Goddamn, this place is becoming like Modern General.
>>
>>53728736
So you bought from Chinaman I see
>>
>>53729408
The fact that you get this triggered when people say "tactical scooping is pretty dickish" and write long ass posts trying to rationalize it show that you are indeed quite petty.
>>
>>53729190
I choose Rakdos exactly for that reasons: big Timmy deck that gets shut down if the Commander is killed too often.
It fits my playgroup and my playstyle.
I'll probably include Hazoret Monument and Where ancient thread, Hangerback and Ashnold I might in the future ( expecially considering that Ashnold fits a plethora of decks).
In regards of the combo: the original idea was to set my life with Platinum Emperion, but I opted out considering he cost as much as a third of the whole deck.
Ended up keeping the pieces in since i find Stuffy Doll pretty useful overall, but maybe i overrate the effect.
Is there a place where you can try the decks against any form of AI?
Testing in a vaacum on TappedOut could make a Craw Wurm.dec look good and playing on things like Cockatrice seems to me that will be pointless, considering the casual nature of the deck.
>>
>>53728778
There's only like twenty dollars worth of cards there, dude. Calm down.
>>
>>53729233
Look dude. If your defense of criminalizing game rules has no substance aside from saying that conceding upsets people, then you've made it basically impossible to nail down what the logic of your position is. This way, you can call anything logical a misrepresentation because there was no logic to begin with, and you can also call anything emotional a misrepresentation because emotional parallels are completely subjective.

Either you are acting on your own personal fee-fees and should therefore give up on condemning others, or you should actually present something that should be refuted. Otherwise you're like a preacher that tells people they are going to hell for reasons that are not possible to properly argue.
>>
How do I play 5 color slivers without being the target? (I dont play infinites)

Do I embrace the hive and just go full combo since they expect me to anyways?
>>
>>53729408
You're a fucking retard. There's nothing to gain NOR lose with spitescooping. You can strawman all day with your muh war, but the two things aren't related at all, mainly because nations have to be able to retaliate in order to prevent war. There's much less incentive for war if the other country can defend themselves, but in this case, you can't defend yourself.

In this case, proper example is that country nuke themselves before foreign nukes hit them, like "haha you don't get to kill us before we can commit sudoku"
>>
>>53729527
>>
>>53718754
>Discord
Is it still full of furfags and edgy contrarians?
>>
>>53729708
Except that your posts are nowhere near a "woah, what?" and are much closer to the response on the third panel.
>>
>>53729692
Preventing a feast and famine trigger or lifelink is a form of retaliation. In fact, just being nutritionally useless is a survival strategy in nature. See eucalyptus leaves. You don't eat eucalyptus leaves and then go "wow, this tree is a dick for not evolving to have more calories. It has nothing to gain or lose from not feeding me because it's already being chewed."
>>
>>53729670
You pretty much can't. Slivers are maximum spook for the newbies.
Properly built deck can win without infinites in casual meta, but best "sliver" decks run only few slivers with Sliver Queen, mainly Necrotic Sliver to kill all opponent's permanents and then attack with million tokens
>>
>>53728941
fellow Rakdos, Lord of Riots player here

>spicy tech
knollspine dragon - really helps with consistency
master of cruelty, quietus spike, sorin markov, tree of perdition- sudden life drop
nether traitor - very consistent Rakdos activator

>platinum emperion + stuffy doll + volcano hellion
ghetto, but satisfying to pull off I'm sure. May I recommend: Pariah's Shield.
And the combo works with Platinum Angel, as long as you are using it to take out the last person in the game.

As a final piece of advice, take out the cards that damage your opponents on their turn. i.e. Havoc Festival. You don't gain enough advantage from it. That is, of course, unless you are running the spiciest tech of all for multiplayer Rakdos, Lord of Riots.

Vedalken Orrery
>>
>>53729753
Except nobody has a problem to begin with except for the #scooprape community. Conceding is the default option in magic so the discussion necessarily has to begin with #scooprape being the first panel.
>>
>>53719436
Command bacon, torpor orb, sundial of the infinite, platinum angel, if you want to be really spicy counter her then phyrexian rebirth.
>>
>>53729692
Leading off with "You're a fucking retard." means about as much as the youtube comments that call the monty hall problem solution stupid because they don't understand it.

The smartest women alive has presented proofs before that have received similar responses. All you accomplish is making it hard to believe you understand the situation.
>>
>>53729771
Again, you can strawman all day, but you still won't have a point.
Playing your game, you can chop down the eucalyptus tree to make a fire and roast a koala.

You can try to justify your petty practices all day, but at least provide actual points without resorting to strawmen, since all it does for you is to make you seem like extremely salty and petty player.
>>
>>53729858
But I must call the other person a retard, how else would they see the error of their ways?
>>
File: 3 of 10 I replied.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
3 of 10 I replied.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>53729640
>implying that's my argument
Wrong.

What I'm saying is that if people don't like it, they should either talk it out among themselves or just not play with people who do that. What I am not saying is that "Our players that have some social awareness and aren't completely autistic have all agreed with this rule and it has done a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap." Especially since "some social awareness and aren't completely autistic" contradicts "weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap." Pretend that I said or implied that is a strawman.

I'll just grab a drink while you "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and call me an autist or some other insult.
>>
>>53729876
There is nothing to justify, and the burden is on you to make a point because there is no default in magic that conceding is evil.

If your entire position is about being upset than it's literally impossible to make an argument that isn't a strawman because emotions are subjective. Knowing this, you should really just stop publicly holding a position against concession because, again, you're like a preacher telling people they are going to hell for reasons that are impossible to argue.
>>
>>53719827
>White
>Fun on its own
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>53729792
Or that comic, like most that people use to argue when they get too lazy to come up with their own responses, isn't applicable to this situation.
>>
>>53729781
Shit, I totally forgot about Vedalken Orrey, thanks anon.

Last question, where do you guys buy your cards if you come from Europe?
Is there something similar to Card Kingdom?
Not much a fun of magiccardmarket
>>
>>53730035
Funny how mono-white is probably the most boring color but as a supporting color it's my favorite one by a mile.
>>
>>53729849
>Command bacon
I want a porkomancers to be a thing now.
>>
>>53729974
But I'm not really against it. I already stated that I never attack in a way that opponent spitescooping will fuck me over because I'm a retard and if they want to scoop to prevent my Feast and Famine trigger, I won't hold it against them and don't pretend that the trigger still happens.
It's just a game, but I'm not retarded enough to rely on my opponents and if they fuck me over I'd blame them, same goes for if they'd just Fog, I'd still get fucked. I feel that it's no different that opponent scoops or fogs before my attack connects, since result is exactly the same.

Everyone that has done it for me has been extremely grudgy anyway, so I kind of expect it of them, especially if they make unfavorable plays for them just to fuck me over for a grudge. I don't feel the need to get overly worked up about someone not wanting me to get a combat damage trigger.
>>
>>53729933

This is an anonymous board. You can't treat any greenpost story as directed at you because out of the dozens of posters here, some people will agree with some of your opinions while contradicting others. That's the problem with behind hiding behind le strawman, because even if I represented you perfectly, the other anon, which only YOU know isn't you, would chime in with his own retaliation like I'm his handler and I just told him he's only allowed one juice box.

DESU I half-agree with you that this is a thing that player groups should talk it out and do as they please. The disagreement half is that some ideas are like viruses and shouldn't be encouraged to congregate so that they don't spread and actually become memetic.
>>
>>53730079
Red only works as mono color because it has some cool commanders, which White mostly lacks. They're both good supporting colors though and a sprinkle of white for removal helps just about any deck it's used in.
>>
The problem with spitescooping is that it's a meta action, and without house rules there is absolutely no counterplay to it. A StP as your last action can be countered, there are ways to stop abilities, all other forms of spite take place within the game and can be responded to within the game. Scooping by its nature takes place outside of the game, and the only response to it is to chastise the scooper for poor sportsmanship or to rule that scooping in similar situations should not be allowed.

Anyway, any spicy tech for Krond?
>>
File: 1492211441345.jpg (135KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
1492211441345.jpg
135KB, 700x933px
>>53729741
Both at once
I lurk to read the shitflinging arguments
>>
>>53730081
Swinomancer 2G
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no boars, create a 2/2 green boar token.
>>
File: 1471759522054.jpg (110KB, 750x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1471759522054.jpg
110KB, 750x1246px
>>53727370
>it has done a great job of weeding out the players that have offensive personality traits, such as having skin any thicker than plastic food wrap.
>>
>>53730118
Counterplay options.

* don't rely on feast and famine resolving 100% of the time
* make sure that if you need lifelink to survive that the attacking player has reason to believe they can win the game that would result.
* cast or don't cast bribery knowing it can either give you the best creature in the player's deck or remove them as a threat for five mana.
* treat any spell or effect that depends on another player as if it were a punisher type effect like browbeat, and understand that the attacked player may choose the option that's worse for you.
* accept that a huge portion of the game is not in your control and that's part of the appeal.

Thinking IS an option anon. You can think about what happens if a player concedes while you are planning your turn.
>>
r8 my Brago list. Worried I made my curve too high, but was hoping that, between blinking the mana rocks and Parallax Tide, I'd have enough ramp

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brago-revised-2/
>>
>>53730099
Originally the bait was directed at anyone who wasn't a fan of "spitescoop". I pointed out much earlier that people should act like adults and discuss it. The bit about their "socially aware and non-autistic" group was absolutely directed at myself and others. Then the anon I responded to earlier leapt to the defense of the bait when I called it a strawman. At that point I put forth my position so he could respond if he wanted to. I also predicted more "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"ing and insults.

Now I'm explaining this to help clear the air. Help at all?

Also
>disagreement half is that some ideas are shitty and shouldn't be encouraged to congregate
I'd say that's simply the sad consequence of having good ideas congregate. You separate the good from the bad, then all that is left is bad. Which I would say is much better than poisoning the well.
>>
>>53730268
None of that stops someone from scooping if they want to.
>>
>>53729030
Diamond Valley
>>
>>53719436
Torpor Orb
Trickbind/Stifle her lose the game trigger
>>
File: !!fun!!town.jpg (27KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
!!fun!!town.jpg
27KB, 600x338px
>TFW started this whole spitescoop nonsense just by saying I, personally, did not do it.

I would make a great troll if only I knew when I was kicking a fucking anthill.
>>
>>53718754
I drafted an "Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names So We Made This To Have The Absolute Longest Cardname Ever Elemental". It was the next to last cut. Also, I typed that from memory, hopefully it was correct.
>>
>>53729030
Goblin Bombardment.
>>
>>53730315
It could mitigate potential consequences of conceding though. Besides, not everything needs counterplay. You can't stop a player from doing a mulligan either.

>>53730297
The sad pug story funny though, and calling people that disagree with you autistic manchildren while pretending to be cool and mature is pretty common on 4chan. There is a chance the pug is just shitposting and didn't even read the thread. Even then they sort of got baited.
>>
>>53729030
Attrition, Malevolent Awakening, Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar, Altar of Dementia, Carrion Feeder, maybe Gate to Phyrexia if you can manipulate it (but you have red so you shouldn't need to)
>>
>>53730456
I'm just sad that's it has become this retarded. I don't really give a damn either way.

So with Kaalia what do y'all consider to be essential instants/sorceries/enchantments?
>>
>>53730406
i wouldn't think it's an anthill either anon. but autism is as autism does.
>>
>Haven'y played any Magic in meat space for weeks because my everybody in my playgroup has been busy

This sucks!
>>
So, /edhg/, what commander is the best for HULKSMASH gameplay? My group seems to be 100% durdle (to the point where Witch Hunt was the most threatening win con on the board in our political climate, at which point we all agreed to scoop because the pizza was getting cold) and I think I need to stir the pot so we can actually finish a game in a game night. I'd like suggestions for commanders and cards that

>Take advantage of and annihilate durdle kings like Oloro "Gain life and never swing"
>Break stalemates
>Put the game on a timer.
>>
File: Weeaboo.jpg (31KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo.jpg
31KB, 600x547px
>>53730644
>My group seems to be 100% durdle (to the point where Witch Hunt was the most threatening win con on the board in our political climate, at which point we all agreed to scoop because the pizza was getting cold) and I think I need to stir the pot so we can actually finish a game in a game night.
>scoop
>>
>>53729203
first time drinking friend?
>>
>>53730523
Dragon Tempest.
>>
>>53730644
Zurgo Helmsmasher
>>
File: IMG_8732.jpg (102KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8732.jpg
102KB, 570x760px
if i am going to lose the game
i will scoop
if I can't be in the game
why should i give a shit about the games outcome

tacticle scooping is part of the game
if you don't like it play something else
>>
>>53730739
*sips drink*
I guess you have some growing up to do.
>>
File: jyy95hb.jpg (49KB, 627x489px) Image search: [Google]
jyy95hb.jpg
49KB, 627x489px
>>53730739
>if I can't be in the game
>why should i give a shit about the games outcome
If you don't give a shit about the game's outcome why would you scoop?
>>
>>53730739
>if I can't be in the game
>why should i give a shit about the games outcome
If you really believe this, there is nothing tactical about what you are doing.
>>
>>53730739

Only that last part actually makes sense, but there's another option: ask people not to rage scoop
>>
File: Hc4qqasg.jpg (49KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
Hc4qqasg.jpg
49KB, 728x546px
>>
>>53730757
*teleports behind you*
*scoops*
nothin personel
>>
scoop at sorcery speed house rules
>>
File: brawlclub.jpg (115KB, 1160x612px) Image search: [Google]
brawlclub.jpg
115KB, 1160x612px
>>53730912
>house rules
>>
>>53730690
I can't believe I never considered playing that. Especially since I do have a bunch of dragons and only like 3 creatures that don't fly. I feel bad now.
>>
>>53731048
You should. Dragon Tempest in Kaalia is less spicy than black pepper in chili.
>>
>>53731002
There's houserules and there's that autism. Holy shit.
>>
>>53719436
With her as a commander? It's gonna be at least a little retarded. I run a weird little control/eggs deck with Silas Renn / Sidar Kondo as the commanders and her in the 99. Endless Whispers and Phage/Leveler as wincons. Seems to work well enough.
>>
>>53729858
He should call them a retard when they're being retarded though.
>>
>>53731002
>1-4
Anal...
>5-9
Anal and Autistic...
>10-12
Anal and heavily autistic
>13
WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING?
>14
NO SERIOUSLY, THIS IS A LEVEL OF INSANITY THAT SHOULD NOT BE REACHED IN REAL LIFE. WHAT THE FUCK?!
>15
Oh now you're just trying to rub salt in by going back to standard hugbox autism.
>>
>>53729741
it's pretty chill tbqh
>>
>>53728499
>Modern frame
>Best

Millennial pls go
>>
>>53725405
tfw they're €2.65 on MCM
>>
>>53730739
>tacticle

wut
>>
>>53730644
zurgo. or alternatively. try shattergang brothers, they aren't aggro but you can use them to easily force the whole board to sac their pillowfort pieces. being in black and green you have plenty of options to kill graveyards so they don't get anyback.
but yeah, zurgo smash good.
>>53730739
worst girl
>>
File: IMG_8831.jpg (49KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8831.jpg
49KB, 223x310px
I have finally came to an understanding
I don't just want to have fun
I want to take others fun away and make it my own!
that's why I am building pic related.
>>
>>53730406
you think this is bad
never bring up the ban list especially sol ring
>>
>>53730066
>too lazy to respond to the argument laid out in "umad" reply

Not same anon. Enjoy the (You)
>>
>>53732276
i actually heard a pretty good argument for banning sol ring recently. it's not overpowered or anything it's just that it's so standardized that it provided no inherent advantage. EDH decks essentially become 98 cards plus commander and sol ring so banning sol ring would free up an extra deck slot.

none of that takes into count of course how it's naturally more beneficial for artifact focused decks. or the fact that it being only 1 out of the 99 cards makes it pretty inconsequential in the long run. T1 sol ring is good but how often does it really win you the game when you wouldn't have?
>>
>>53730406
No it started because the dude that posts shrugging images with his War and Peace length rants tipped his hand that scooping rustles his jimmies so I kept pushing.
>>
>>53732395
>T1 sol ring is good but how often does it really win you the game when you wouldn't have?
If everyone's running ring, you're gonna see it in a significant number of games. Doubly so if you've got people playing Money Crypt.
>>
>>53732429
>>53732395
pls don't anons
>>
File: scary.jpg (32KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
scary.jpg
32KB, 300x451px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>53732249
*targets you first*
>>
>>53732395
What next, ban commanders and lands?
>>
File: StealEverything.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
StealEverything.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Tech for this magnificent bastard?
>>
>>53732276
Who's list? Or were you talking about people advocating putting things on the list.

I'm personally against banning anything for EDH outside of a couple niche cards. Such as Shahrazad.

>>53732680
Back when EDH was only known as EDH, there was a ban list that banned Karn and Memnarch.

That said, it also stated that if you REALLY wanted to use them and everyone else was okay with it, Karn was R and Memnarch was U (IIRC, I could have the colors wrong).

But yeah, as far as EDH goes, the ban list doesn't make sense. I see nothing wrong with most of it. It's just like Bloodbraid Elf being banned in Modern, makes no sense I can see.
>>
>>53730739
Heh. You dare attack me? I am a political genius who has read up on the concept of MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION. For you see, should you try to attack me, I will simply concede, ending your combat and preventing your Vampire Nighthawk's lifelink! HA! I may lose the game, but you will have lost your dignity. Fool.
>>
>>53732942
Bosh, not Karn
>>
>>53730272
i live in the 3-4 cmc slot in my brago deck. i don't have a decklist up but i run way more mana rocks and go heavy into stax over tokens. if you like tokens though i suggest the splicers for Golems with flying and vigilance. your mana fixing seems ok. more mana rocks might be called for, fellwar stone etc, things i think you could add are:

>Combo:
Altar of the brood
great whale
peregrine drake
eldrazi displacer
deadeye nav
strionic resonator + any mana rocks
thought-knot seer
>Lands:
academy ruins
Emeria, the sky ruins
tectonic edge or wasteland
inventors fair if you invest into artifacts. this is a serious mvp in my decks.
>just good value:
Panharmonicon
ancestral knowledge
cloudblazer or mulldrifter
riftwing cloudskate
Karmic Guide

Hope some of this helped
>>
>>53733003
Shit, you're right. I think Karn might have just been outright banned then. At least by the ban list we had at the time. I wonder if it's still up or if it's been replace by WotC bullshit.
>>
File: 1494553682785.jpg (15KB, 339x307px) Image search: [Google]
1494553682785.jpg
15KB, 339x307px
>2 brago players in group
>>
What cards do I trash in the Kaalia precon?
>>
>>53732610
*locks the field*
>>
>>53732934
Chromatic Lantern so you can use activated abilities of stolen cards.
>>
>>53732976
"Heh. You dare attack m-"
*scoops*
fuck off back to /r9k/ incel
>>
>>53733072
Torpor Orb ain't that expensive.
>>
>>53733056
They weren't banned, it was just that the Color Identity rule hadn't been properly developed yet. The color of your commander at the time only took the mana cost into account, and the rules said you couldn't have any cards with colored mana symbols in their text that were not in your commander's color. As a result, Memnarch was a colorless commander, so you couldn't have Memnarch in his own deck because he had blue mana symbols in his text. Similarly, cards like Rhys the Exiled or Thelon of Havenwood were also impossible to use as commanders because they were illegal in their own decks.

When WotC formally adopted the format, R&D integrated the Color Identity rule to account for these situations.
>>
File: favcommanders.png (4MB, 2232x1928px) Image search: [Google]
favcommanders.png
4MB, 2232x1928px
>>53723649

>>53723982
3/10

>>53724351
5/10

>>53728175
7/10

>>53728633
5/10
>>
>>53733472
That's what I meant. They were banned from use because you couldn't possibly make a deck with them by the rules at the time.
>>
>>53723003
>a game where the main objective is to be the last player alive
How does scooping achieve that, you cognitively-dissonant mongoloid?
>>
>>53730272
this is a cont. from >>53733046 on things i don't like in your deck.
if you're in tokens ghostaway might not be the best. still damages you if you've already amassed an army of tokens i'd replace it with another counter spell like summary dismissal

you need lightning geaves.

i'd swap fireshrieker for panharmonicon. pan just gives you so much more value for the same cmc.

Not sure about sea gate oracle. i'd rather have both rather then pick so mulldrifter would be my swap there. thats my opinion though.

3 equipment i think doesn't make stoneforge worth. rip it out and chuck in a value piece that won't run out after 2-3 blinks. you want something that is doing something when its blinked the first time or the hundredth time.

consulate surveillance: garbage. throw it away. i fell for it in pre-release and it sucks. grab a ancestral knowledge. its insane.

opal palace? i'm not sure. i normally blink Brago for sudo vigilance. maybe replace with other utility lands.

for artifacts maybe just more mana rocks. as you don't have a reliquary tower maybe a thought vessel.

tithe out land tax in. why do it once when you can do it every turn.
>>
>>53733575
That's not actually "banned" though. They didn't sit down and say "You know what people shouldn't be able to play? Daughter of Autumn.", it was just an unfortunate rules interaction.
>>
>>53733568
>Jenara
Good taste my african gentleman.

>no Kaalia
Lame.

>>53728633
>>53728175
>>53724351
>>53723982
>no Kaalia
>no Jenara
Lame.

>>53733616
Let me re-phrase then. There were cards that you couldn't play with and were de facto banned. Though there was an exception for Bosh and Memnarch, assuming your playgroup was okay with it.
>>
>>53733360
I hate these fucking generals
>>
File: Favorite Commanders Template.png (79KB, 2280x2432px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite Commanders Template.png
79KB, 2280x2432px
>>53733568
>>53723649
>>53723707
>>53723982
>>53723982
>>53724351
>>53733568
>>53724351
>>53728175

fixed! mono colors at top if anyone wanted it
>>
>>53733669
wut?
>>
File: Commanders.png (4MB, 1338x1555px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
4MB, 1338x1555px
>>53723649
Don't really feel like doing the 4 colors.
>>
>>53724522
Maro tribal
>>
List your 5 favourite generals

Prossh
Nekusar
Doran
Freyalise
Vela
>>
>>53733833

Intet the Dreamer
Mina and Denn, Wildborn
Queen Marchesa
Feldon of the Third Path
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
>>
>>53733602
>>53733046
Woah, thanks! Gonna tweak things more!
>>
>>53733833
Nin, the Pain Atrist
Titania, Protector of Argoth
Karlov of the Ghost Council
Brion Stoutarm
Zur the Enchanter
>>
>>53733833
kami of the crescent moon
nebuchadnezzar
slobad
the mimeoplasm
jin-gitaxias
>>
>>53733833
Kaalia of the Vast
Jenara, Asura of War
Kresh the Bloodbraided
Mayael the Anima
Chorus of the Conclave
>>
File: 1455163948768.jpg (95KB, 829x687px) Image search: [Google]
1455163948768.jpg
95KB, 829x687px
Rhys or Nath for Elves / Tokens without getting boring af?
>>
>>53734651
Rhys.
>>
>>53734651
Nath.
>>
>>53733811
How does your bruna deck work? Angel tribal?
>>
>>53734651
Freyalise.
>>
>>53733656
Yes, no Kaalia. Kaalia is for edgy neckbeards with poor threat assessment who complain when their commander gets countered or removed before they can swing.
>>
>>53733669
There's nothing wrong with what he said. Gonti only helps you cast what you steal, any abilities it had can't be used without the right mana. They're no rule saying you can't have Chromatic Lantern make mana outside of your commander's color identity.
>>
>>53734952
>>53734991
>>53735015
Very Nice.
>>
>>53734651
surprise! theyre both boring!

seriously tho nath. My brother has a rhys tokens deck because he wants a deck for every archetype. He said its consistent and does what its built to do, but is boring as fuck to play.
>>
>>53734651
Nath. Fuck rhys in the face he's dull, Nath at least does something worth doing.
>>
>>53735032
Sounds like you play with faggots who can't handle playing glass cannon builds. I absolutely love glass cannon builds.
>>
File: kaalia.png (455KB, 1496x644px) Image search: [Google]
kaalia.png
455KB, 1496x644px
>>53735146
Kaalia is glass cannon, but she is the worst OF the glass cannon decks. Something about the waifu that summons the "edgy" creature types in the "edgy" colors attracts complete degeneracy as players.

>>53735032
correct
>>
>>53735146
We've had a few different guys come through at my LGS when we needed a fourth player that played Kaalia. They always acted like they were hot shit until they faced any sort of interaction. They'd try and cast her as fast as possible without any kind of protection and then whine when she ate a counterspell or killspell. And they all always played the same deck and played it the same way. They thought it was unfair when they got removal crammed down their throats and said that we were just ganging up on them even though any idiot with a brain knows not to let Kaalia connect. She paints a huge target on your back and these idiots can't seem to figure out why.
>>
>>53733833
Omnath, Locus of Mana
Selvala, Explorer Returned
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Yasova Dragonclaw
Teysa, Orzhov Scion
>>
>>53735278
The sad part is that that picture is true for most of the Kaalia players I've seen.
>>
>>53735304
>*casts kaalia*
>*kaalia gets removed immediately *
>"WHAT THE FUCK MAN I DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING TO YOU
>"O.K. MAN, IM GOING TO FOCUS ONLY YOU UNTIL YOU LOSE! COME ON GUYS, WORK TOGETHER WITH ME!"
>*durdles for 2 turns, hits enough mana to recast commander*
>*recasts kaalia*
>counterspell
>"FUCK YOU GUYS THIS ISNT ARCHENEMY"
>*angrily scoops deck and storms off*

If you dont want to be focused, dont play commanders that are focus-worthy
>>
>>53735278
>>53735363
Guess I'm an outlier then. Luckily I'm the only Kaalia player in my group.

I just like her because I get to drop fat critters with useful abilities and do shenanigans with Cloudstone Curio

>>53735304
>>53735413
Like I said, faggots who can't handle glass cannons. If you're playing a glass cannon you've got to realize that everyone is going to do their damnedest to keep you from resolving your cannon.

Hell, I usually end up hard casting my first few critters so that everyone else is distracted enough that I might be able to resolve Kaalia (I think the only things below 6 CMC are Kaalia and removal/protection). All because I know that if I drop her on turn 3/4, she's going to die before I can attack.
>>
I'm building a grixis deck with a discard element to it. I've already got sire of insanity, mindslicer and oppression in it. Anyone know any similar cards or simply any good mass discard effects?
>>
>>53735533
Bloodhusk Ritualist.
>>
>>53735533
If you aren't already, consider Leyline of the Void and Bojuka Bog. It won't help with mass discard but it will keep your opponents from getting their shit back.
>>
>>53735533
Sadistic hypnotist
Wits end
Mind twist
Greel, mind raker
>>
Scooping to deny lifelink or other triggers is stupid
nothing can change that
>>
>>53735006
Artifact ramp into big angels, yeah.
>>
>>53735413
>>53735363
>>53735278
My brother plays Kaalia sometimes and he's a well-kempt, conventionally attractive guy with a normal job and all that nonsense. His version tries to gun Kaalia as early as possible so she soaks up removal, and then ramps into hardcasting the big creatures as she gets more expensive. If nobody has the early removal and he sticks a threat, it can be backbreaking to deal with. Having access to Red's haste or Sneak Attack effects, Black's recursion and draw power, and White's removal, it shifts into more of a control deck that slings big creatures once it's cleared the way if it gets to lategame.

The other Kaalia player I've known was a military guy with a lot of anger issues. He was more the sort to become >>53735413 any time his gameplan was shut down, and he played it as single-minded as possible, continuing to cast Kaalia even when she's 8 or 10 mana.

It's two hugely different experiences playing against Kaalia.
>>
File: doran.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
doran.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>53728175
>Doran, the Siege Tower

you won my vote, that poor Treefolk doesn't get enough love.
>>
I'm building a 1v1 commander list for when I play with a guy who lives close by and the group can't get together, but I'm having trouble deciding whether to build the Taigam spoiler or GAAIV. I like the tax effect of GAAIV but uncounterable spells and rebounding value spells seems pretty nice. Anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>53735972
GAAIV is an effect that's always nice to have. There's not really a time when cheaper spells for you and expensive spells for your opponent will be a bad thing. Taigam needs you to have other cards, and to play those other cards, in order to do anything.

Play GAAIV with Taigam in the 99.
>>
creatures keep getting better and spells keep getting worse. when are we going to reach the tipping point when spells are so useless every competitive deck across every format is all creatures, no spells?
>>
>>53736327
>across every format

I don't think they're ever going to edge out Time Walk, anon.
>>
>>53736349
i was being hyperbolic, i just want some new spells that are as powerful as old magic spells
>>
>>53736327
When older ones become banned. Besides, why speak of creatures and spells, as creatures are spells as well on the stack.
Do you mean spells as in artifacts, enchantments, instants, planeswalkers and sorceries or just instants and sorceries?
If latter, at least split in between permanents and spells. Besides, artifacts have been the strongest permanent type from day 1 and still is stronger than creatures, pretty much.
>>
File: 59[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
59[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>53736384
Yes, hello.
>>
File: de48dad9d2f8ff2df697b9fd41dfd641.jpg (496KB, 1081x790px) Image search: [Google]
de48dad9d2f8ff2df697b9fd41dfd641.jpg
496KB, 1081x790px
>>53736396
o shit waddup
>>
>>53736384
Issue is that in the old days balance was piss poor. I for one would like some new storm cards.
>>
>>53736478
The Storm Scale is called the Storm Scale for a reason.
>>
New thread for whenever

>>53736457
>>53736457
>>
File: 20170610_180033[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_180033[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>53727446
got these in the mail today
>>
>>53736478
They just released aetherflux reservoir last set, which is arguably better than every storm card except tendrils.

Do you need to have a new one every single set? Once a year seems like more than enough.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.