[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 41

File: yQXJPGg.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yQXJPGg.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Previous thread: >>53610975
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/memorial-day-nonnotes-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever used a local folk legend in a game?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>53640576
First
>>
>>53640579
>Typical Jewish levels of sophistric REEEEEEing.
You are a special level of Autistic. Do me a favour and go climb into an oven before someone triggers you merely by mentioning another company offhandedly that you don't like, which isn't in the least bit relevant to the discussion. Go on, go climb in to the oven. You'll be doing us both a world of good.

The game was released in 2004, as of 2016, the game has over 10 years of post-release support. Acticuckup sure didn't care about quality control, but people clearly cared enough about the game for it to still be selling today!
>>
>>53640576
Not really.
Drop Bears are fucking dangerous though.
APIO has its work cut out for it just covering up their existence.
>>
Anythin intresting in the monday meeting forum thread?
>>
Thanks to the guy who posted the Convention Books, I had to go to my final
>>
>>53640665
that's because it was a troika game anon
>>
>>53640576
i've never played played MTA but If I did it would a waste to not take advantage of the salem atmosphere
>>
>>53640576

There is a supposed satanic church in my neck of the woods, but i usually run games in the city.
>>
>>53640576
Cherokee Park Louisville there is a statue of pan that supposedly comes to life and wanders around under the full moonlight.
>>
File: Saitama.jpg (28KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama.jpg
28KB, 700x394px
Virtue: Determined/Humble
Vice: Ennui
Aspirations: Be A Hero For Fun, Do The Right Thing

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 7, Resolve 9
Physical Attributes: Strength 20, Dexterity 10, Stamina 20
Social Attributes: Presence 1, Manipulation 2, Composure 9

Skills: Academics 1, Crafts 1, Investigation 2, Occult 1, Athletics (Absurd Agility) 10, Brawl (Punching) 10, Empathy (Personalities) 3, Expression (Heroic) 1, Intimidation (Unsurpassable Might) 3, Persuasion 2, Subterfuge 1

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Punching), Common Sense, Danger Sense (Advanced), Fast Reflexes 3 (Advanced), Indomitable (Epic), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Punching), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 3, Virtuous (Advanced 3), Ambidextrous, Iron Stamina 3, Iron Will, Resources 1, Status (Hero Association 1), True Friend (Genos)

Willpower: 28
Defense: 30
Initiative: 22
Speed: Special (See Absurd Agility)
Health: 25
Potency: 10
Integrity: 9

Dread Powers: Absurd Agility*, Immortal*, Prodigious Leap, Reality Stutter, Unbreakable, Unsurpassable Might*, Unnatural Healing*, Serious Series*, Surprise Entrance

[Continued In The Nex Post]
>>
>>53642488
*Absurd Agility: Saitama uses the highest between Dexterity and Wits to determine Defense, adds his Potency to Defense and applies it to ranged attacks. His Dodging rolls receive bonus Successes equal to Potency and may be done reflexively. His Speed is considered to be enough to win any Chase against mundane opponents. In the case of supernatural opponents with powers that significantly enhance their Speed, roll a Clash Of Wills against Saitama’s Dexterity + Athletics, and give him bonus Successes equal to Potency.

*Immortal: Should Saitama be targeted by anything that would kill him, he simply takes a nap and wakes up in the next scene.

*Unsurpassable Might: Saitama receives an additional pool of [Potency x 2] dots to distribute between Strength and Stamina. His attacks count as supernatural, ignore all Durability and mundane Armor, and may deal either bashing or lethal. Whenever Saitama enters combat, he forces the opponent(s) to use Down And Dirty Combat. He may also Clash against certain supernatural powers by simply Punching their source. In both cases, he rolls 32 dice and gains bonus Successes equal to Potency.

*Unnatural Healing: Saitama gains General/Ballistic Armor equal to Stamina, which stacks with Unbreakable. He heals all bashing and lethal damage at the start of each turn, and downgrades a number of aggravated damage from any source equal to Stamina into lethal.

Serious Series: The stats above are for when Saitama isn't making any effort. When he does, he is considered to have a Supernal Scaling (Mage Chronicler's Guide, page 218). That is, add 16 dice to appropriate dice pools, take the total amount of Successes, multiply them by whatever arbitrarily gigantic number you want and go full anime with your descriptions of the ensuing destruction.
>>
>>53642085
>Louisville

Holy crap, another KY WoDer? Also, that's boss.
>>
>>53641245

If he's still here, he wouldn't happen to have Dead Magic 1&2?
>>
>>53642519
The WoD community is pretty strong here.

Rod Ferrell
>>
The Book of Shadows mentioned a group called "Fringe Walkers" as a group somewhere between Traditions and Marauders. Was anything ever done with them?

Because I have an idea for a character who's perfectly sane, but his avatar is Mad and tends to take "liberties" with how his magic goes.
>>
Not much new info, but more playtest info came out.

https://teylen.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/v5-playtest-impressions/
>>
>>53642560

Dead Magic & DM - Secrets and Survivors:

http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/2EX7CMbs/file.html
>>
File: 1426113682591.jpg (181KB, 500x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1426113682591.jpg
181KB, 500x1143px
Is the 20th Anniversary line still going despise 5ed coming next year?
I'll give mi right kidney for a Hunter20 book.
>>
>>53643357
>Amazon and now Barnes and Noble
How well is OPP doing? I always thought they were pretty indie and poor but it looks like they have money to spare.
>>
>>53640576

Local to where I am, or local to where the game is set? Because the latter, yes. The former, no.

Also, Signs remains static. Rose sems to be assigned the "Get shit moving" command role.
>>
>>53642488
>>53642507
Any feedback on these stats?
>>
>>53644006
Paradox probably feeds them moneys.
>>
>second mega link for oWoD is gone from the pastebin in the OP

Okay, guess I'll be uploading all the stuff I've downloaded later tonight.
>>
So, what would a Sin Eater waifu be like?
>>
>>53640576

New Storyteller here. Long-time fan of the lore and flavor of WoD, the setting, but new to the gameplay with dices and stuff.

For the first time we intend to make character sheets. We looked at the social merits and we had many questions which could be resumed with this:

>Where's the limit between a merit such as Allies, and natural will to help of a friend?

I mean, other playing characters don't require Merits to play with, right? Yet many would die to save the others. What about a relation that came with time?

I understand ''putting XP'' in a merit means ''I took enough time in my life to get this'' but to have it for some NPCs and not for other players just seem... not coherent from a storyline perspective.

Thanks for your help!
>>
>>53646120
Basically, GM grace and favour.

If you want an NPC to help you, you've got to jump through the GM's hurles to get them to do so.
Whether that's explain the dire straits, succeed on social tests, pay them, or whatever.
If you want an "Ally" to help you, you call them up and tell them what's the problem and they jump to.

The GM can decide to make you jump through hoops to get the first one on board, or not. However with an Ally, if the GM doesn't let you access them, then they're cutting away a significant chunk of your character's capacity.

Social merits are factors that are reliable. They are generally more powerful than handouts than GMs will give, more widely applicable, and almost always there.

Also, xp is not "going through enough time to get this"
xp is the grace of the GM, and an enhancment of capacity
It is the permission to enhance your character's inherent abilities
Sure you might fluff-wise rationalise that as enhanced experience encouraging making alliances
But you could just as simply spend xp and make good friends with the person you met just the day before
>>
So I'm working on sort of cofd bestiary starting with human opponents. One of the things I want to put in are hunters. What compacts or conspiracies would you like to see stated out for your splat?
>>
>>53646370
>What compacts or conspiracies would you like to see stated out for your splat?
I'm rather partial to the Lucifuge, as well as Network Zero.
>>
>>53646482
Yeah I want to put Lucifuge in as well as Cheiron for certain.

>Today on Network Zero: Funniest Hunter Videos
>>
>>53646519
How much do you have written, by the way?
If it's on google docs or something, I'd love to give it a read through.
>>
>>53646580
I'm just starting it up. Discovered I could use something like this instead of grazing through various books looking for stuff

I plan to put in stats for generic
1. thugs/criminals, police/military
2. Ghouls, Kinfolk, Proximi, Stigmatics, Alchemists and whatnot
3. Hunters and slashers(one conspiracy per splat i.e. woof-hunter vamp-hunter etc)
4. Minor templates from Hurt Locker

Am I missing something?
Of course I plan only making
>>
>>53646653
Blah I ment to write that I plan only making one or two of each archetype(excluding hunters)
>>
>>53646922
>Blah I ment to write that I plan only making one or two of each archetype(excluding hunters)
Well, from my rather casual inspection you don't seem to be missing anything.
>>
What the fuck is pugmire and monarchies of mau and that martian shit.

OPP wasting time on shit rpgs, and not publishing nwod ones is super gay.
>>
>>53647300
Forsaken wasn't clicking with furries as much as they'd like so they made some new rpgs
>>
>>53647300

Clinging to a single IP that you don't even own as your livelihood is a bad idea. It also just so happens to keep major players for that licensed RPG happy and willing to stick with the company.
>>
>>53639929

That was actually my plan - make them rescued shovelheads, that is - and set in right after the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Thing is, I wanted to include the Ashirra and the Brujah Council (remnants) along with the typical sabbat/anarch/camarilla shtick, but I guess I could just trim it down a little.
>>
File: Mortal Manual 0.0.1.pdf (198KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Manual 0.0.1.pdf
198KB, 1x1px
Right so on to making bestiary for cofd/nwod. This are few first pages with examples of hurt locker minor templates and ghouls. Any ideas about how should I improve on those and what should I add
>>
>>53647982
There are some errors here and there(that I will iron out) thou I'm interested if anyone would add any sort of information for those npcs and what not
>>
Are there Magr rules for making potions?
>>
>>53648424
not for 2e but 1e has some alchemy rules in tome of mysteries
>>
>>53648442
Can those be adapted to 2e? Matter arcana?
>>
>>53644006
>How well is OPP doing?

Kept alive by plundering kickstarter backing while casually ignoring the promised material and sucking White Wolf's cock so they can keep leasing the IPs.

OPP was a mistake.
>>
Character sheet no longer has enough slits for merits what do?
>>
>>53648529
>OPP was a mistake.

That's not entirely fair. When OPP was created, it was the ONLY mechanism to get new WOD material, no less see properties like Scion or Trinity revives. CCP controlled the IP for the benefit of the MMO, and after that dissolved, the situation was a total void for WOD publishing.

However, now with Paradox as an active nuWW IP holder, OPP seems a little redundant, or if WW really wants ttrpg licensors, OPP's lack of proficient management has now become an obvious problem. If this was not the case, OPP would be spearheading WOD 5e.
>>
>>53648615
Ech from what I've seen of 5ed I have mixed feeling about it. Also I do not understand why some people are so bent on seeing OPP go under
>>
>>53648651
>Also I do not understand why some people are so bent on seeing OPP go under
They are damned ghosts of the 90s.
>>
>>53648651
Beast
>>
>>53648651
>I do not understand why some people are so bent on seeing OPP go under

I don't want to see OPP go under, and I don't particularly care about WOD 5e.

However, so long as Paradox intends to continue CofD, I have no objection to OPP competing for the IP rights with other potential licensees. RichT's management has not been particularly impressive, and OPP appears to have grown based mainly on past fan nostalgia, often despite Rich's lack of competence. A new IP holder might do a much better job (although I do admit that I would not want SwedeDracula in charge of CofD). New CofD management, particularly using much of the stable of current CofD freelancers, might be the best thing that could happen to the line.
>>
File: 1470340036158.jpg (111KB, 681x406px) Image search: [Google]
1470340036158.jpg
111KB, 681x406px
>>53648651
>why some people are so bent on seeing OPP go unde

Because OPP promised to be good and continue the legacy of White Wolf while actually its dogshit and only lately started to even attempt to disconnect from just being political propaganda pushing cretins that pray on the nostalgia of kickstarter backers while releasing books that literally copy paste swaths of text from older books.

>>53648656
Thats rich considering half of OPP are the people that ruined White Wolf in the early 2000s in the first place. Holden, Morke, Rose? Sounds familiar?

Quite franky it would have been better if WoD just died and that was the end of it instead of enchanting us with marvels like Mage 20, Beast and Promethean 2e. Or Exalted. Remember Exalted? Have a half a decade late book which immediately required erratas, was full of traced or poser art and contained a blight of redundant shit no-one wanted?

But who am I talking to anyway, 90% of the people in this thread are just immigrants from the Onyx Path forums that found out the devs come here to talk about stuff without them breathing down their necks.
>>
>>53648727
>stuck in the 90s

kek
>>
OPP has produced some quality shit, whether you like it or not.

Good shit
>Requiem
>Awakening
>Changeling

Bad Shit
>everything else
>>
>>53648737
CURRENT YEAR is not an argument, especially when the only material that seems to sell for OPP is V20. Or is that too uncomfortable?
>>
>>53648424
Apparents Signs of Sorcery will have rules for temporarily imbuing items with spells. Using Prime 3, as opposed to Prime 4's true imbuing.

The obvious application? Potions.
>>
>>53648751
Demon and Hunter
>>
>>53648760
Wouldnt you need the arcana that the potions effect will cover?
>>
>>53648781
Of course.
But it's Prime 3 that makes it possible in the first place.
>>
>>53648768
>Demon

Descent is okay but subpar to Fallen

>Hunter

Its not even really out yet. And the focus will be on fighting Slashers and the megacorporations that create them (tie in to Renegade)
>>
>>53648751
>Good shit
>>Requiem
>>Awakening
>>Changeling

You've hit on the problem.

Changeling 2e hasn't even been released yet, no supplements have been released for Awakening, and only 1 crappy supplement for Requiem over the course of years.
>>
>>53648788
So potion making is a combined spell?
>>
File: 1480866274271.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480866274271.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>53648804
Please dont remind me OP is shit. I just want my edgy urban fantasy games.
>>
>>53648822
OWoD is shit

Get over it
>>
>>53648822
>urban fantasy games.

Personal horror, not urban fantasy.

The distinction matters so that one has reasonable expectation about the products.
>>
>>53648905
Who said anything about OWoD you tard?

>>53648908
There is enough overlap to be irrelevant honestly. Dresden Files is a staple of urban fantasy and its practically indistinguishable from WoD if you remove the labels.
>>
>>53648808
In essence, yes.
>>
>>53648931
Seems to costly to not be able to make potions at character creation. One can be a mortal pharmacist at char gen but a mage cant be an alchemist at char gen?
>>
>>53648969
The hell are you talking about?
All you need to be imbuing spell charges into items is Prime 3.
ANY Mage from ANY Path can take that at character creation.
>>
>>53648969
Isn't that at char gen you are still relatively new to magic so it wouldn't be unreasonable your character doesn't have experience for more complex manipulation of magic IMHO
>>
>>53648994
Ist imbuing prime 4 attainment
>>
>>53649032
As I said before, you don't want a true imbued item for alchemy.

You want the option from Signs of Sorcery, which lets you imbue charges instead, requiring only Prime 3.

Limited use "imbued items" for the benefit of being able to create them earlier, from character creation even.
>>
>>53649046
Signs of Sorcery not even out...
>>
>>53649091
Then interpret how you think it'd work.

e.g.
Make the item as an Imbued item, it lasts for a duration equal to your Prime dots on the Advanced Duration table, you must fill it with Mana.
It has as many uses as you can get out of that Mana.
It cannot be refilled.

Boom, done.

All the short-term benefits of Imbued items, with none of the long term reliability or re-applicability.
>>
>>53648727

>the legacy of White Wolf

White Wolf has always been spotty and more lauded for the potential of its actual game content output. OPP is no different save for the slower production line, and White Wolf AB will be no different with over fifty sourcebooks proposed and by licensing C-list video game developers.

You have always been eating from the trash, just like the rest of us.
>>
>>53649091
>Signs of Sorcery not even out...

And with the Deviant outline just submitted to WW per the Monday Meeting Notes, and thus a priority, along with Dave's personal issues, I doubt SoS will leave "development" purgatory any time soon, no less see publication. However, it should make a great supplement to Awakening Third Edition...
>>
File: Mortal Manual 0.0.1.pdf (203KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Manual 0.0.1.pdf
203KB, 1x1px
Ok some sligh tweeks and adding cops and robbers. I didn't stat out a plain because supremacy is real. Advice is appreciated
>>
>>53649474

It wasn't JUST submitted; it's going to be submitted "any day now".
>>
>>53642041
Supposedly there's one near me too.
Double supposedly there's actual witch hunters too, although according to everyone whoentions them says tbey just harass you till you leave

[Spoiler] i know some pagans who get genuinely uptight about this and think something similar to the malleus maleficarum is real and out to get them /

To be fair, i saw the guys they called witch hunters. I dunno, if i were hunting witches, id investigate them, they were creepy as fuck
>>
>>53650178

I wonder if we're going to get an open pitch period with Deviant like Hunter and the C20 anthology had.
>>
>>53650178
>It wasn't JUST submitted; it's going to be submitted "any day now".

That's worse.
>>
>>53650409

Maybe. I'm honestly just jonesing for Signs.

>>53650673

Yup.
>>
>>53648651

>Also I do not understand why some people are so bent on seeing OPP go under

Because I'm butthurt about their rewriting Saulot to be some kind of schemer who was nefarious/evil just as the other Antediluvians.
>>
>>53651202
I don't know if all the other antediluvians are evil. Ventrue either died or has been in torpor for thousands of years, Brujah was diablerized without doing much and Toreador is not too bad. Malkav is just crazy.
>>
>>53651447
The biggest douches seem to be Lasombra, Tzimisce and Nosferatu ones(not counting tremere and giovani because they aren't real antes). Ravnos went on rampage after waking up thou so there's that
>>
What are the main differences of VTM Third Edition?
>>
>>53651526
You mean the main differences between 3rd/revised and V20?
>>
>>53651557
Yeah.
>>
>>53651526
nerfed celerity QQ
>>
>>53651581
It's mostly modified abilities and disciplines.
>>
>>53650360

You from Pennsylvania?

>>53651202

Schemer, sure. But Nefarious? Perhaps his schemes are for some sort of greater good.
>>
>>53651952

No, the people who've seen the Beckett's Jyhad Diary say that he's pretty much being presented as one of the long-running schemers who's only out for himself, as opposed to all Kindred/humanity. Which I wouldn't really give a shit about if WW hadn't said at the Berlin convention that they plant to use said Jyhad Diary as the basis for V5's metaplot.
>>
>>53651997
I always hated the idea of Saulot being the "good" Antediluvian anyway. Mostly because of my Tremere fondness, but still.
>>
File: Anarchs.jpg (111KB, 945x611px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchs.jpg
111KB, 945x611px
>>53651202
>Because I'm butthurt about their rewriting Saulot to be some kind of schemer who was nefarious/evil just as the other Antediluvians.

That's been subtly hinted at for (almost) as long as Saulot's been around, mate.

OPP has done a lot of shitty decisions over the years, but this is one that White Wolf built up themselves over quite a long period of time, even if they didn't go outright "LOLOLOL JK HE'S SUPER HITLER EVIL" at any point.

Which, to be fair, isn't something OPP is doing with Saulot either. Instead, they're just expanding on the possible story threads that people can pull on. If a ST wants to do a game with a nefarious Saulot, they can do that. If they want to instead use a flawed yet well-intentioned Saulot, they can do that as well.

Seriously, you're getting yourself butthurt over nothing here, anon. If you don't like the idea of an evil Saulot, then just use a good or neutral Saulot instead.

>>53651526
>What are the main differences of VTM Third Edition?

The biggest differences between 3rd and V20 is that the disciplines got cleaned up a bit, and that they've moved the metaplot forward a bit as well as expanded on the clans and the bloodlines a bit.
>>
>>53652058

And I hate everyone being fitted in the same bullshit, even though it was stated ages ago that Saulot would be the guardian of Raphael's promise, a beacon of hope for those who seek redemption.

>"Behold," he said, "the Lord is merciful. Even to the undeserving. I give you a path to seek peace for your soul even in this bitter darkness. I give you light of hope, for you and your children. To await the day when anger fades and pride gives way to yearning. The name of the path is Golconda and those who seek it with a true heart may yet gain salvation, though they walk in the night as demons and bear the curses of a thousand angels."
>>
>>53652181
Fuck all the Abrahamic mythology they put on Vampire.
>>
>>53652199

Go play Requiem then.
>>
>>53652226
But that doesn't have Tremere, or Setites.
>>
>>53652255

Tough shit. God is real in oWoD and he is the reason why there's vampires in the first place there. Of course, every God-like figure in other oWoD splats are real too. Some, like the August Personage of Jade for the Kindred of the East, are facets/different aspects of God and some are completely separate.
>>
>>53652181
>And I hate everyone being fitted in the same bullshit, even though it was stated ages ago that Saulot would be the guardian of Raphael's promise, a beacon of hope for those who seek redemption.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/194ICUZBN0vLpSf2nHmUenSYeLxcHh8YsRb-hElw4t74/pub

The Tremere's preview chapter is heavy on the whole "SAULOT COULD BE EVIL, REEEEE" thing because it's the Tremere's chapter, and the Tremere have always painted Saulot and the Salubri as evil (or ignorant pawns).

Before you go 100% rage, maybe wait until we get the actual Salubri chapter?
>>
>>53651202
that was known as far back as the Transylvania Chronicles
>>
>>53652255
Mage has Tremere and they are solid stuff
>>
>>53652287
Actually, nothing is real except that which the Storyteller deems so.

>>53652305
It's not the same thing. Being a sorcerer when few others are is more fun.
>>
>>53652323

Actually, none of this is real, because it's a game of make believe.

>>53652289

Sure, I'll wait. I'm just not a fan of OPP's fluff additions for the most part. About the only thing I did like is the way they talked about how the Kupala might have been influencing/corrupting the Tzimisce into making themselves into monstrous shapes with Vicissitude. I think that was in the Tome of Secrets? Or maybe just regular V20 Dark Ages.
>>
>>53648687
this.
Were it not for talented writers like DaveB, OPP would have gone under long before
>>
>>53652413
He's ok when he actually does write........
>>
File: 1485859115468.png (396KB, 1816x927px) Image search: [Google]
1485859115468.png
396KB, 1816x927px
>>53648651
because they constantly shove us their social justice bullcrap and representation of every tmblr-gender and how evil conservatives are constantly in our faces
>>
>>53652447
wtf is a plain?
>>
>>53652323
I hear what you are saying but in terms of blood sorcery vtm had tzimisce, assamites and setites packing blood sorcery and probably some others I don't know about

Requiem has 3 covenants and one bloodline from what I remember. So even if you would slip in tremere they wouldn't be anything unusual. IMHO what I liked about vtm tremere was how that clan was built and not for the whole sorcery thing
>>
>>53652485
You liked sucking the cocks of your elders ?
>>
>>53652650
Look I'm not judging if that is what interests you
>>
I have very little hope for V5 so far. I hate this idea of almost all vampires being anarchs and the Camarilla getting turned into a secret club that everyone wants to get in. Makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>53652770
>Makes no fucking sense.

Second Inquisition is going on. Camarilla Elders are retreating to the shadows and let their childer get caught by the inquisition, same like they did back during the first one, and the Anarchs are useful fall men. Vampires that seem useful, the Elders choose to welcome into their little mafia. What doesn't make sense?
>>
Can someone post some 800-1000x100-400 WoD artwork? I need it for headers.
>>
>>53652770
just ignore it. That is the only thing you can do with WW games, ignore all their shitty pandering and play a game about oppressing youngsters and rebels
>>
>>53653104
actually 1100-1200x500 works too
>>
>>53653071
That's exactly it. Their plan backfired back in the First Inquisition, why would they do the same thing all over again? And if the majority of vampires become anarchs, they lose their power. It's completely dumb.
>>
>>53653777
>Their plan backfired back in the First Inquisition
It didn't exactly backfire; most vamps who didn't slink into the shadows went to hell, and the vamps who threw their childer to the hounds went on to form the Camarilla. What're they worried about? They're already Anarchs, what could happen?

>And if the majority of vampires become anarchs, they lose their power

The Camarilla is circling their wagons in an attempt to survive. They lose even more power if they're dead - and even the threat of death causes centuries or millennia old vamps to react with paranoia and fear. They lose some temporary power in return for a better chance at living to see another century.
>>
>>53651997

Aw that's bullshit. I had this idea that Saulot was doing all kinds of horrible shit to stop the end of the world.

>>53652287

Yes, yes, we all know Archmages exist.

>>53652367

Is that tied to Kupala Alka(sp?) from Sorcerer's Crusade?

>>53653071

Yeah, I have serious issues with the now-disorganized, humanized Technocracy suddenly saying "fuck it" and teaming up with the Inquisition, who should have just as many qualms about a Pentex First Team.
>>
>>53654309

>Sorcerer's Crusade

Haven't read that one, so no idea.
>>
>>53654150
They only became anarchs after their elders left them to the Inquisition, not before. The first Anarch revolt was a direct consequence of the Elders actions.
>>
>>53654309
>I have serious issues with the now-disorganized, humanized Technocracy suddenly saying "fuck it" and teaming up with the Inquisition, who should have just as many qualms about a Pentex First Team.

I gotta be honest with you, I don't really care about Mage lore.

>>53654374
They're anarchs left to deal with mages and modern government agencies. The same way criminals might stop associating with a former friend who might be being watched by the cops, the elders (who are naturally going to be much more paranoid than some mortal criminal) will cut ties to their childer in a bid to survive. They know they can't win a war against humanity - it's not ideal, but it's the only option they have.
>>
>>53652475
It's a guy who watches self help videos on not!YouTube by a mystical pacifist and gets supernatural protesting powers.
>>
>>53654509

Well bully for you.

Do you not care about Werewolf Lore either? The Inquisition, which does have people with True Faith, should have serious fucking issues with Pentex.

>>53654536

I don't know whether to laugh at this or be disgusted. Are they at least the unknowing Ass-slaves of some otherworldly force?
>>
>>53654509
I don't know how they are going to approach this, but so far it's looking bad. They are basically giving whole cities to the anarchs and they should have lots of trouble trying to get them back later.
>>
>>53654717
No canonical ass slavery, just read a blog and you too can stop an angry werewolf with a cell phone camera.
>>
>>53654957
>"You're being recorded! Put that man down and remove your claws from his organs!"
>giant werewolf slinks off shamefully into the night, the moral uprightness of the Plain penetrating through the black fog of death rage
>>
>>53648651
Regardless of whatever other reasons people here have, I'd rather see them stay in business if only because their other lines are shaping up to be pretty good. I don't want them to collapse before Scion gets out for instance.
>>
File: obrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
obrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
Does anyone have these for the other paths? I've only ever seen a Mastigos one and forgot to save it. I figure there's gotta be one for the others though right?
>>
>>53640576
Used the Bunnyman in a Slasher oneshot around Easter.
>>
File: 1490114636504.jpg (70KB, 319x612px) Image search: [Google]
1490114636504.jpg
70KB, 319x612px
>>53655064
>>
File: 1490115845281.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490115845281.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>>53655241
>>
File: 1490114791719.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1490114791719.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>53655253
>>
File: 1490115908664.jpg (243KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490115908664.jpg
243KB, 768x1024px
>>53655279
>>
>>53655299
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>53643542

Does anyone Have Technomancer's Toybox?
>>
>>53652287

OWoD God is a Mage
>>
Feedback requested on an unusual Changeling NPC:

https://pastebin.com/7SU10NSR
>>
>>53654717
>Do you not care about Werewolf Lore either? The Inquisition, which does have people with True Faith, should have serious fucking issues with Pentex.

The Inquisition this time around isn't the same as it was in the witch hunt days - it's government agents, corporate interests, and mages, as well as the odd true believer. The brunt, though, seems to be governments.

>>53654769
The other option is get killed. Better to sleep it off and wait for the Inquisition to sate itself on the younger vampires (who you wanted dead anyway, to be fair) than to wage some kind of war against the combined forces of humanity and some mages.
>>
>>53656219

I thought the Society of Leopold was very faith-based, even in it's modern incarnation.
>>
Howdy /CofD//wodg/.

I'm running an Exalted game in which my team fights the WoD, and I need a quick cheatsheet to help me understand the damage thresholds and shit for the supernatural creatures.

Anyone got anything like that? Thanks!
>>
>>53656443
It is. But it's not the majority of the second Inquisition - that'd be government agencies and whatnot. Society of Leopold, I'm sure, doesn't wanna work with mages and all of that, but there's no need to assume that the whole inquisition is a formal alliance - sure, perhaps between governments, crafty mages, and Pentex, but people like the Inquisition may just be taking advantage of the mess the others are making.
>>
>>53656483
Thats the dumbest idea I've heard in my entire life.
Short answer is that no such thing exists, and even the base rolling mechanics for the two games represent different things so you're completely out of luck. The best bet you have is to make shit up and cross your fingers.
>>
Am I weird for wanting to tell an optimistic Hunter The Vigil story where killing the supernaturals is not always the best option and you can even have them as allies if you play your cards right? I just don't want the game to turn into a mindless repetition of "find the monster and figure out how to kill it".
>>
>>53656544

I know a lot of vampire characters who would LOVE just that kind of relationship. Slightly more seriously, you could probably get some mages to agree to a truce, as well as changelings.
>>
>>53656544

No, I'd say that's par the course. Of course, the less-monstrous ones are usually better hidden by their lack of "doing evil shit" that Hunters tend to look for.
>>
File: 1496299007469.jpg (97KB, 913x875px) Image search: [Google]
1496299007469.jpg
97KB, 913x875px
>>53648793
>And the focus will be on fighting Slashers and the megacorporations that create them (tie in to Renegade)
The fuck?!? Is it just me, or have Hunters become progressively more and more just Punks over the years?
>>
>>53656544
That could indeed work. I mean, it would probably be less friendly and more tenuous alliances but it could certainly happen.
>>
Guys, here's a silly question: if a Mage hit you with a Life 4 + Spirit 4 spell that turns into a Spirit of a type that matches your overall personality and identity, what would your Influences, Bans, Banes etc be?

Assume you are Rank 1 or 2, maybe 3 if you are an outstanding example of the things you embody in your life and the Mage spends Reach.
>>
>>53656879
But why? Turning into a spirit is in many ways more limiting than what you were before. Especially if you were a mage.
>>
>>53657190
A spells that hits YOU, the IRL person reading the post, sorry.
>>
>>53648727
>Thats rich considering half of OPP are the people that ruined White Wolf in the early 2000s in the first place. Holden, Morke, Rose? Sounds familiar?
Yeah, they had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>53656879
Bitch, don't think I didn't see this same question as a thread starter over on the OPP forum. Was that you too?
>>
>>53658002
Admittedly there are IIRC a *couple* of people from that era still with OPP.
>>
>Beast chapter in the Dark Eras Companion keeps referring to the other splats as their younger family, in accordance with the official Beast stance on other supernaturals
>Admits in the Vampire segment it is actually annoying as all fuck to other lines

That makes me kind of happy. Also, the American Bar Association and American Medical Association were apparently Seer plots to try and control professional fields, with them going so far as to literally alter the Lie so as to make certain diseases curable by mundane medical miracles so as to undercut the Diamond's thyrsus healers in their day to day lives.

Also Lincoln's assassination was a vampire plot due to his ongoing pogroms against them.

Why is the best stuff in this chapter the shit for other splats?
>>
>>53659034
>Diseases used to be incurable by medicine until reality was literally changed to permit it
You see, this is the kind of shit I thought we'd left behind with Ascension.
>>
>>53658827

Out of the big names, Bailey, Sheppard, McFarland, and (until very recently) Hill and Young are White Wolf vets. Dave gets that claim too, at least at the tail end. Brucato defiantly counts, as does Dansky.

When that poster earlier talked about "White Wolf's legacy" what they probably actually mean is, "I want Justin Achilli, Andrew Greenburg, Bill Bridges, and Sam Chupp writing again" as opposed to just having old writers write again in general.
>>
>>53659100
I kind of thought that too but then I remembered who the Seers work for. They may not have done it, the Exarchs might have done it.
>>
>>53644006
Where did you see 'Amazon and Barnes and Noble'? I CTRL+F'ed the words and didn't see anything.
>>
>>53659034
>the American Bar Association and American Medical Association were apparently Seer plots to try and control professional fields,

As an American attorney, I can confirm that the American Bar Association is controlled by nefarious subhumans, although I would have guessed Abyssal creatures over Seers.
>>
>>53659117
That the Exarchs might have done it doesn't change the fact that historically the fundamental principles of reality are expected to have changed.

I like the thought of the wave-particle duality of light existing since the dawn of time.
Of penicillin always having existed only to be introduced to the West by accident.
That a Nuclear fission reaction could always have been generated even before people knew what it was.

I like that Awakening is world, with Magic in it, that since the Fall does not necessarily define it.
I do understand that an Ascension can rewrite the principles of that reality, but I don't feel that should be a part of a major principle of history.
>>
>>53659150
>Where did you see 'Amazon and Barnes and Noble'? I CTRL+F'ed the words and didn't see anything.

Monday Meeting Notes
>>
>>53659150
I'm stupid and meant to link to the monday metting
>>
>>53659199
The ABA was fought over by the Silver Ladder and eventually the Seers were ousted and the Ladder left in charge.

Apparently the Seers still run the AMA though. Are they sitting on a cure for cancer? Probably. AIDS however is actually cured in the CofD not that I think anyone noticed.

In one of the Mummy books, turns out Last Dynasty International has used sekhem to make a cheap, plentiful drug that cures HIV and are selling it in bulk, and cleaning house profit wise while doing so.
>>
>>53659269
>>53659229

Right. You realize all of that is e-book publishing? None of that is difficult to do, people get their own fiction up there. David Hill's 'written about monsters, not by monsters' vampire fiction book is up on Amazon e-books and POD. It's NOT cost-intensive.
>>
>>53659220
Take it up on the OPP forums. DaveB tends to come out to answer contentious questions and I could totally have misread the text. Or maybe I didn't and whoever wrote it was aiming for that.
>>
>>53659357
>DaveB tends to come out to answer contentious questions

Dave used to participate here and in the forums, but now very rarely appears, and when he does, it's often just a snide remark (and the Mage FAQ is nothing but vaporware).

As has been discussed, Dave's dealing with personal issues, and he's even mentioned that he believes that active participation in the forums was not conducive to his well-being.

I'm afraid that fun and helpful Dave is long gone.
>>
>>53659199

They're called Jews, anon.
>>
>>53659451
what a pussy.
>>
>>53659547
> Remind them that Beasts often project their own fears onto prey, and certain Horrors might find a broken Beast especially appealing to Devour.

Doesn't this contradict Beast where it suggests beasts are born, not made?
>>
>>53659816
That didn't need a post link, my bad. Didn't delete.
>>
>>53659816
The whole line contradicts itself several times. Its a contributing factor to why the book is such trash.
>>
>>53659919
I'd be more surprised to find a part of Beast that doesn't contradict itself in that sentence or from lore earlier in the book.
>>
>>53659919
Yeah. I like the reconstruction as an era which is why I'm reading the chapter here in DEC but the best stuff really is where it basically becomes a history lecture about American fears of big banks and the institution of slavery or when it delves into other splats. Like the plot hook about a young vampire slipping mentally while his sire, the local Prince, and local Beast Apex run around like headless chickens looking for the invisible man is kind of neat. The Heroes detailed in the chapter less so. The book has taken pains to make it so that Beasts don't universally align as ex slaves or abolitionists though. Some plain old join the KKK to get easy feedings, so I feel like someone writing this chapter saw concerns how in the main Beast books they come across in a very positive light.
>>
>>53659451
DaveB posts here all the time.

You just never know it.
>>
Why are Promethean, Mummy and Geist so unplayable?
>>
File: The Joker - And Here We Go.gif (540KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
The Joker - And Here We Go.gif
540KB, 500x257px
>>53660236
>casts Summon Komodo
>>
>>53660288
What Arcana does that take?
>>
>>53660269
Prommies cant stay in one place that long before people want to kill them, Mummies get up do shit then go back to sleep. Geists mill about not really doing anything.
>>
>>53660337
It only takes an Arcana at 3 to summon a Supernal being.
So Prime 3 should be enough to summon a Rank 5 Avatar of the Komodo Exarch.

It'll be hard as hell, but it's still doable.
>>
>>53660269
Promethean is a road-trip game about learning to be human. Which doesn't attract the same kind of power-tripping crowd that the other main lines do.
Mummy is so arcane nobody can be bothered to learn it.
And Geist is an unfinished mess with some awesome themes, but little direction.
>>
File: Komodo.jpg (170KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo.jpg
170KB, 500x375px
So what's the story behind the DaveB komodo dragon meme?
>>
Why is there only one oWoD folder in the bin? Where is the second one?
>>
>>53660491
DaveB likes komodo Dragons.

Though really, why wouldn't you like them?
They're awesome.
>>
>>53660236
If the reply is rational, reasonable, w/ decent grammar, and syntax there's a fair chance it's a developer in disguise.
>>
>>53660518
I seem to recall someone posed as Dave to justify the kickstarter stretch goals were to help finance his personal harem of komodo dragons.
>>
>>53660594

What Dave does in the privacy of his own home with consenting reptiles is his own business.

>Komodosexual
>>
I need a break from revision.
Someone suggest a Legacy to update, and I'll give it a shot.
First come, first served.
>>
>>53661031

Threnodists
>>
File: miss komodo.jpg (117KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
miss komodo.jpg
117KB, 720x450px
I am a pretty lizard
>>
So has anyone ever seen Mummy used in their games in an antagonistic sense? Accidentally disturbing a tomb or running up against a cult or anything? Sometimes you see it mentioned or hinted at in other game lines and the mystery aspect seems cool. Like in one WtF book they mention a pack who claims a museum as their territory and are almost certainly the cult of an Arisen sleeping in there, or...well most of their Mortal Remains chapter has good ideas. Has anyone ever used or seen them used as such?
>>
>>53661060
Version 1.12
Now with Threnodists

Trying to fit Scrying into a lower Attainment bracket was annoying. So I cheated. Just make sure to get something you can borrow threads from before you Scry people, m'kay?
Also I swapped around a couple of optional Arcana, or just ditched the original ones for new ones.

I also thought it was fun, so a Gnosis 4 Threnodist with Mind 3 will never sleep again.
>>
>>53662353

Our mage cabal ended up jacking one from a museum, putting it in a warded box, and getting out of dodge while being pursued by members of Ashwood Abbey who wanted to grind it up and snort it with blow.

As of this point we're not sure whether the bitch is friend or foe.

>>53662498

Requesting Legion from Summoners
>>
>>53660494
It died.
>>
>>53662543
>As of this point we're not sure whether the bitch is friend or foe.
Given you disturbed their remains, probably foe. But if you keep running till their sekhem runs down enough that the Ashwood Abbey fucks can take them in a fight you'll be fine. Or just use magic to light them on fire. Mummies hate fire.
>>
File: masquerade breach.jpg (1MB, 1200x1819px) Image search: [Google]
masquerade breach.jpg
1MB, 1200x1819px
>>
File: arisen funk.jpg (447KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
arisen funk.jpg
447KB, 750x500px
>>53662130
Hey sexy lady, wanna /ll/. I know you're into freaky shit just by looking. Aww yeah. Let's get our freak on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5mYiIhzyos
>>
File: 20170531041723_1.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170531041723_1.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>53663179
Blood Boil it with extreme prejudice
>>
>>53662754

Well, we thought she was friend because she seemed fairly happy to see us once she stopped trying to break out of the box and started talking, considering the alternative was going up some jaded asshole's nose.

She wasn't quite so happy with the group we stole her from the museum for, and she seems to think we're better "Servants for the cause" than they are. They were quite pissed.

So we're running all kinds of high-risk, high-reward missions for an immortal servant of something from what our characters think is the time before.

The other group has already managed to get one of us killed by tipping the seers to our antics, though we could never prove it.

We're kind of pissed about being treated as disposable pawns, but the benefits are pretty good. I guess this is why people join the seers.. oh, fuck.
>>
>>53663318

SREES ETH NIOJ
>>
File: 1496641499456.jpg (1MB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1496641499456.jpg
1MB, 1400x2700px
>>53663366
wtf I love the exarchs now
>>
>>53663179
What the actual fuck.
>>
File: hungerdiagram.jpg (70KB, 603x460px) Image search: [Google]
hungerdiagram.jpg
70KB, 603x460px
Well, are we going to talk about this or just ignore it entirely?
>>
>>53662543
Version 1.13

I gave Legion a shot, but really I'm not that happy with it.
There are so many things you could do with so many organs, I think it's a bit silly for me to write out a simple list of 3 like it does in 1e.

So intead, I wrote it a bit differently:
1st Attainment grants a simple power, comparable to a 1-dot spell (tied to your first Gulmoth's nature)
2nd Attainment expands that power, comaprable to a 2-dot spell or Numina (tied to an expansion of your first Gulmoth's nature)
3rd Attainment grants a power comparable to a 3-dot spell, such as enhancing strength, or granting you wings (tied to your second Gulmoth's nature)
4th Attainment expands this to grant another power, comparable to 4-dot (tied to your second Gulmoth's nature), e.g. if your skin increased your Stamina, now it lets you shapeshift. Or if you got horrible fucking shark-teeth, now you can devour life-force with them
5th Attainment is retarded. Just utterly retarded. Make up whatever you want, it's never going to happen.

No optional Arcana.
None of them fit.

Talk with your GM to devis the powers specifically.
>>
>>53663607
I still don't really get it so I can't really talk about it. How about you explain it a bit more for us.
>>
>>53656071

http://www107.zippyshare.com/v/v3EkfP8h/file.html
>>
>>53663918
This is the best system explanation I've seen so far
https://teylen.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/v5-playtest-impressions/
>>
>>53663179
This shit is why I like Requiem's Nosferatu. You don't have to look like Count Orlok to freak people the fuck out.
>>
>>53662353

I've wanted to for a long time. I've got a Moros PC in one of my games who owns a side business that trades in antiquities (and smuggles rare artifacts and occasionally Artifacts for fellow Awakened).

I had this idea for him being asked to escort a mystical artifact aboard a ship, which turns out ot be a Mummy's sarcophagus. It opens on the ship and the crew start screaming about a monster below decks, but by the time anyone react, the thing's Sekhem has cooled a little and its Sahu looks normal again.
>>
>>53664157
It takes a bit of time to get to sekhem 8, if they're on the same boat they will be there pretty quickly. Why not negotiate wth a terrifying mummified corpse? It'll be a fun experience.
>>
>>53663673

Lords of the Inanimate, If you're still taking Requests
>>
>>53663958

Dragons of the East?
>>
Legacy which uses songs as a yantra?
>>
>>53664440

I think Mimir's Voice or Skalds might fit?
>>
>>53664402

http://www88.zippyshare.com/v/kvg6aAab/file.html
>>
File: Beast the Primordial.png (338KB, 906x734px) Image search: [Google]
Beast the Primordial.png
338KB, 906x734px
>>
>>53664440
Moros free council legacy combined w/ techne:expression (dance)

Renact thriller whenever you cast a spell.
>>
If you use a concentration Yantra on a spell and then relinquish control can you still stop the spell by stopping your concentration.
>>
>>53667097
no since your no longer in control. duh
>>
File: Mortal Manual 0.0.2.pdf (221KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Manual 0.0.2.pdf
221KB, 1x1px
So as I'm wasting my time some updates to mortal bestiary: right now we have some ghouls, some minor splats from HL, some police and criminals and some stigmatics working for Deva. Feedback?
>>
>>53663918
Using a discipline causes "rousing of the blood"
Once blood's been roused 5 times, or once the scene is over roll dice equal to how many times blood was roused
Every non success adds to hunger
Every roll has some dice replaced with hunger dice which only differ in effect if they roll a 1
If a 1 comes up on the hunger dice, your character experiences a compulsion related to his clan or the vampiric curse in general
You can spend composure to prevent acting in the compulsion, but you use composure to resist frenzying as well
Hunger is always at 1, unless you drain a target completely dry.
>>
>>53667858
That seems like a lot of pedantic dice tracking...
>>
File: V4xiq4L.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
V4xiq4L.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Could a powerful enough Genius build a Skafoi 4 teleporter to the Supernal Realms? Was the Ladder to Heaven just a really big Wonder that collapsed, damaging all of reality?
>>
>>53640576
Long shot... but does anyone have a good pdf of Mind's Eye Theater Masquerade? I can't find it in the pastebin, am I just blind?
>>
>>53667912
It's not really "teleportation", you'd have to turn yourself into a Supernal Symbol, and you'd need anti-Abyss shielding, and the ability to simulate a Lustrum, but it should conceivably be possible.

It would also require you to be one of the single strongest, smartest geniuses in existence, or all of history, and require comprehension of a set of metaphysics almost entirely separate from reality.

But yes, I would think that might be possible in a homebrew setting.
>>
>>53667949
>It would also require you to be one of the single strongest, smartest geniuses in existence, or all of history, and require comprehension of a set of metaphysics almost entirely separate from reality.

So Inspiration 10, grafted Apokalypsi 5 without any flaws, Prostasia 5, and to be Marduk? Because that would be a pretty cool origin story for him. Or a version of him as a Genius.

The ultimate pyrrhic victory. Killed Tiamat, but fucked up the World of Darkness forever.
>>
>>53667984
Would also require it to not be a shit fansplat...
>>
>>53668250
>Genius
>Shit fansplat.
It's ok anon, you're allowed to have opinions, even if they're wrong and objectively retarded.
>>
>>53668266
>fansplat

So it's automatically shit
ok
>>
>>53667883
Hunger only goes to 5 anyway, so you just have 5 different colored die (or just use d100 sets and have the "tens" die be hunger and the "ones" die be normal)
>>
File: Come on now.jpg (79KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Come on now.jpg
79KB, 499x498px
>>53668367
>>
File: CUTE.png (4KB, 623x27px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.png
4KB, 623x27px
>>53668367
>>
>>53668555
Trips checked.
>>
File: shiny.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shiny.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
How many dots Artifact is the Shiny rod?
>>
File: latest.gif (996KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
996KB, 500x281px
>>53669448
Going strictly by the abilities?
It's pretty fucking crazy.

So really, here's the maths
Ephemeral Enchantment with Bane capacity (Prime 5) - 5 dots (Dragon-killing action for arrows)
Platonic Form - 1.5 dots (half-price) (Creating arrows and shit, also pumping up that Potency justifies their insane damage)
Word of Command - 0.5 dot (half price) (Opening portals)
"Matter Patterning" - 2 dots (half price) (Turning the Rod into a Bow and so forth)
Levitation - 2 dots (half-price) (Allowing flight on the broom form)
Velocity Control - 1.5 dots (half price) (Allowing fight at some actual fucking SPEED on the broom form).

So really, it's a 13-dot Artifact
It has a Gnosis of fucking 7, Prime 5, Matter 4, and Forces 3
It can contain up to 26 goddamn points of Mana.
Plus it counts as a +1 tool Yantra.

Also I haven't kept up to date, but doesn't it also drain the Magic from people or something?
That puts it far beyond a dot rating.
>>
>>53669611
but how many reaches does it get?
>>
>>53669655
Artifacts cannot go beyond their free reach, which is why I had to pump up Ephemeral Enchantment to actually access turning the Arrows into the Bane of Ephemeral Entities.

So created Arrows have enough reach for Instant Casting, Advanced Duration and... IDK, however as part of a combined spell with Ephemeral Enchantment, they only keep their Bane'ness for a few seconds.

Perhaps I should pump up that Matter Patterning by another dot, you'll need the shifted form to stick around for longer, that makes it 14 dots.

Word of Command has reach to spare.

Levitation... Well honestly you can make do with Forces 3 or even 2, to redirect or just angle ambient energies or gravity to get you where you need. Speed boost isn't lacking reach though.

In all honesty?
Don't fucking bother, it's too much work for too little payoff.

This is the kind of Artifact that could provide literally everything an NPC would need, with no additional capacity of their own. Which is why it's so fucking expensive, it takes up all your starting Merit dots, and then some.
Which is why Akko, poor sweet retarded Akko, has it.
>>
>>53667984
it's Chronicles now, Anon. World of Darkness™ belongs to Paradox and Martin "Dracula" Elricson. I am afraid that if you continue to use it, you will be sued and your online platform shut down
>>
Halfway through with uploading the oWoD folder. I figure another 5-8 hours until it's done.
>>
Feedback requested.

Super Speed (• to •••••)
Prerequisites: Stamina 2, Occult 1
Effect: Spend 1 Willpower point and roll Stamina + Occult. You must apply a penalty to this roll up to your dots in this Merit. If you get a Success, your rating in this Merit is applied as a penalty against ranged attacks and your Speed is multiplied by [Total Penalty] + 1 for a number of turns equal to Stamina (for a maximum multiplier of 6). You may pay the cost again without rolling to maintain the effect. An Exceptional Success makes the improved Speed last for the whole Scene. At the ST’s discretion, this Merit may Clash with powers like Celerity or certain Arcana.
Drawback: You suffer the Drained Condition when the effect ends.

Super Speed (Advanced, • to •••••)
Prerequisites: Stamina 3, Occult 2, Super Speed Equal Or Higher Level
Effect: You gain a bonus to your activation roll equal to your rating in this Merit. Also, you increase your Defense and Initiative by your rating in this Merit/2 round up (minimum 1) while the effect lasts. Lastly, you may reflexively run to any location you can see up to your improved Speed away in meters a number of times per scene equal to [your rating in this Merit + Stamina].
Drawback: Same as the basic version.

Super Speed (Epic, • to •••••)
Prerequisites: Stamina 4, Occult 3, Advanced Super Speed Equal Or Higher Level
Effect: You achieve an Exceptional Success on the activation roll with 3 Successes. Any Clashes Of Wills you enter now receive 8 Again. You Dodge reflexively and may perform a number of Instant Physical or Mental Actions as if they were reflexive equal to [your rating in this Merit + Stamina] per scene.
Drawback: Same as the basic and Advanced versions, but if you turned Instant Actions into Reflexive ones, you roll Stamina + Resolve – number of times used at the end of the scene. Failure inflicts a Tilt such as Leg Wrack or Sick, while Dramatic Failure inflicts a more serious version.
>>
>>53670863
why? Are we playing the flash rpg now?
>>
>>53670863
>Turning instant actions reflexive

Anon, be very, very careful around the action economy. Games break easily when you mess with that.
Honestly, if you want superhero games, you'd probably be better served trying a system designed for them rather than trying to shoehorn them into WoD/CoD. Wild Talents is a personal fave, and worth checking out.
>>
Anyone got links to demon the fallen books?
>>
>>53671497
This is just an idea for something that lets mortals defend themselves against super fast monsters.
>>53671680
Good points. What if I changed the Epic version so that, instead of making instant actions reflexive, it allowed you to rest the Initiative roster and place yourself in any order within it a number of times per scene equal to the Merit's rating? You'd be essentially pulling off a Quicksilver.
>>
>>53672456
mortals are shitbags who dont deserve special snowflake powers to defend themselves from anything...
>>
>>53672643
Explain the canon Supernatural Merits, Micro Templates and this thread, then:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/842864-advanced-supernatural-merits-and-styled-supernatural-merits
>>
>>53672733
oh sorry i meant dont deserve special snowflake fan made powers
>>
OPP is such a mess
http://imgur.com/gallery/aDj92
>>
>>53667936
It was only in one version of the mega. http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1428859138 is the only thing I've found, not sure how the quality is (I assume pretty good, since the first damn thing they released was a PDF).
>>
>>53667936
Assuming you meant the 'new' Mind's Eye Theatre from BNS.
>>
>>53673186
>OPP is such a mess

RichT is a monumental ass, but given the myriad of problems with Exalted directly related to the developers, I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding sympathy for demands for payment for untimely and inadequate product.

At least with respect to RichT and some of developers, it's a case of wishing a pox on both their houses.

I'm curious if these payment and related issues plague the more productive developers like DaveB, MattMc and Rose.

In any event, if Rich expects the developers to perform work beyond their contracts, he needs pay up, and certainly needs to coordinate matters like labor intensive Kickstarter stretch goals.

>MFW there's yet more evidence that DaveB will never release unpaid materials like the Mage FAQ and cut antagonist chapter
>>
>>53673186
>offing Morke and Holden after the failure that was Ex3
>offing that cancerous weeb Hill
I see no problem. Onyx Path finally does something right, it seems
>>
>>53673186

>all those people who worked while not being paid

Dude, what? The moment your pay gets withheld, you stop working. If they persist in not paying you, dodging the contractual obligations, you sue. Literally nothing else gets through.
>>
>>53673719
Sue after releasing the mage FAQ please Dave
>>
File: OPP don't pay.jpg (621KB, 641x3000px) Image search: [Google]
OPP don't pay.jpg
621KB, 641x3000px
>>53673386
To be fair, it's OPP. Here's some stuff from David Hill, as much as I hate the fucker.
>>
>>53674330

Just because Hill (or Rich or anyone else) says something on Twitter, doesn't make it true.

Hill has not always been the most stable of individuals, and he certainly has an ax to grind given how his tenure with OPP has ended,
>>
>>53674330
Sounds sensible, they should ghost write more things
>>
Let 4 people write the same book each, then choose and pay the least gay one.
>>
>>53674482
I know at least one other author who I can't/won't name because his book is languishing in development hell that hasn't been paid for work actually PROVIDED to OPP either.
>>
Okay, so OPP is shit. How is nuWW in regards to paying their writers and just general management of projects? Didn't they say they were planning on releasing a ridiculously large number of books for the One World of Darkness?
>>
>>53674547

Don't most authors receive some or all of their agreed compensation only after a book is released?
>>
File: Ironic.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ironic.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>53674330
A communist cries about not getting money
>>
>>53674669

Look at how well Dracula has been running the ship so far.
>>
>>53674669
We have literally no idea. But at least Shane, who comes from BNS, hit the 'core' material within a couple of months of the projected release dates of the LARP books, so I'm more optimistic.
>>
>>53674669
I don't think they published anything yet beyond the bad Mage and Vampire video games.
>>
>>53674679

For most freelancers: half after final draft, half after publishing. If you're willing to take a PayPal cut, you can get paid earlier, otherwise payday is at least a month after final and publishing dates, depending on OPP's pay period, depending on how fast the check arrives. Payment rate is 3 cents a word.

Devs: Speculation, but it appears to be payment only after publication of the entire book, with a payment rate of about 1 or 2 cents a word for the whole book's length.

I'll be frank: these aren't great terms for anyone. Ideally, it should be at higher rates, with payment upon final draft.
>>
>>53675005
MAybe that was my misunderstanding on him then; we were talking about publishing at one point and he talked about how he'd turned in work that he'd never been paid for. I assumed it was on the book that's currently developing, but maybe it's for another past recent work then.

No wonder they're doing a bunch of shitty RPGs (I mean, seriously, they're 3+ years behind of Kickstarters and stetch goals but they have time to develop GOOD DOG and EVIL CAT RPGs?)
>>
>>53675094

To be fair, Pugmire is Eddy Webb's IP that he holds under another company. He only uses OPP for publishing purposes, so he can write and get the books out faster since there's much less red tape.

If he's turned in work that he hasn't been paid for, it's probably one of the many OPP projects that haven't actually hit "published" stage. "Published" means "actually on sale at Drive Thru RPG" or sometimes "released directly to backers". That can be a long, long time after final draft is in.
>>
>>53674742
>if you're such a communist, why do you buy things? HAH, GOT EM!
>>
File: 1396943908-Volume28-o.jpg (475KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
1396943908-Volume28-o.jpg
475KB, 399x600px
Alright, /wodg/, a year or so back I posted on here saying I was interested in making a homebrew for CofD that let you play a Stand User from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. That fell to the wayside when I lost interest, but I'm revisiting the idea because a friend of mine told me he had fun when he ran a game using my homebrew. Since a lot of the elements of Hunter (Risking Willpower, Dread Powers, Compacts and Conspiracies) resonate with JoJo, consider Hunter: The Vigil a requirement for making a Stand User.

The basics of Stands in CofD, crunch wise, are a mashup of Ephemera and Horror rules from the core rulebook. You get a pool of Stand dots to spend on attributes (Power, Finesse, Resistance), Advantages (Range and Potential), or Stand Abilities (mostly Dread Powers and Numina). After Stand Creation, you can also buy Stand Tricks, which are like Stand Abilities, but are restricted to exploits of what your Stand can already do.

In addition to that, I'm also writing up the Speedwagon Foundation as a Hunter Conspiracy, because it'd be fun and it adds more support to having Stands in CofD. Writing other supernaturals' reactions to Stands will also be a blast, but these are all secondary to making Stands work in the first place.

Does anyone have any questions, concerns, or comments? I had an old Google Doc with some ideas scratched on it, but I'll need to make a new one and make it presentable before posting it.
>>
>>53675444

But Anon, a Communist yelled at me on the internet once and it hurt my feelings. Surely this means I must mention this political philosophy with no actual power at every opportunity.
>>
File: week of nightmares.jpg (31KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
week of nightmares.jpg
31KB, 329x475px
>>53674844
>>
>>53673240
>>53673211
Thanks man, this is it.
>>
>>53675786
We have Stand Users in nWoD already, they're called Geists or Clavicularius Mages.
>>
>>53675786
Have you seen this thread? It has some ideas for Stands, and Hamon as well.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1071380-chosen-of-the-ripple-a-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-game-for-chronicles-of-darkness

I would do something like what >>53676306
said. I'd wait for Hunter and Geist 2ED, and make a Setting Hack that combines elements of both but focuses more on the Weird than the Gothic. Stands would replace Geister, and would be special Goetia instead of special Ghosts. I would also draw ideas from this interesting Geist 1.5ED Hack:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qB-KCdwuN6-qTwTj09k5VpCWh96oLH15EvnZOYXrh7Q/edit#heading=h.yk6uw4t5wegk

I'm honestly interested. What else have you got?
>>
>>53670682
Any update on the upload?
>>
>>53676480
I actually hadn't seen that thread. Neat stuff, though their idea for Stand Abilities seems more freeform than what I was going for.

I understand what >>53676306 means by NWOD technically having Stands already, but I still want to see if I can pull this off. A setting hack might be too much, because I don't see his affecting the setting any more than a new splat coming out does.

I remember seeing that Geist hack once, but I lost track of it. Thanks for helping me find it again. It'll be useful.

>I'm honestly interested. What else have you got?

Well, besides teaching you how to make a Stand and how they work mechanically, I'm also including a crapload of sample Stands (for player use or NPC use) and enough fluff to explain how Stands/Stand Users fit into the setting. I can talk about some of the Stands I made, if anyone's interested.
>>
So i'm still learning the game lore and the mechanics. Not what's the difference between a Hunter and a Hero? Since Heroes hunt monsters just like Hunters, yeah? What would someone like Tommy Jarvis be?

Also, why are there so many power gaps between splats? It seems like it's impossible for a normal human to keep up with any of the other ones, even with like benedictions. Likewise, the other ones seem very subpar compared to mages
>>
>>53676786
>Also, why are there so many power gaps between splats? It seems like it's impossible for a normal human to keep up with any of the other ones, even with like benedictions. Likewise, the other ones seem very subpar compared to mages

They aren't meant to be balanced with one another. Hunters have it the worst, requiring them to work in groups if they don't want to get TPK'd by your average Werewolf.
>>
>>53676786
1. Hero is only interested in fighting Beasts. He is less like hunter(with is normal or mostly normal guy that picks up fighting monsters) and more like Slasher(superpowered serial killer) that focuses on a single type of supernatural
2. Humans are not supposed to keep up with monsters. In hunter you mostly fight watered down versions of real things. Thou 1ed vampire and werewolf were weak as shit so there is always option for those
3. Mage theme is being a dude given cosmic power and seeing if it turns you into a dickwad
>>
>>53676786
Heroes are Beast antagonists, and have powers against them. They're also supposed to be eeeeviiiiil, but it's difficult to see why. I suggest using Hunter groups from their own books.
Jarvis would be a Slasher, a supernatural serial killer, or maybe a mundane one, I'm not familiar with the franchise.
It's better to use the monster creation tools for Hunter antagonists.
>>
>>53676882
Honestly, Mage is the most impressive feat that WoD has ever accomplished, given that they've managed to create a fictional game line where not only your make-believe roleplaying characters turn into massive superiority-complex dickwads, but the players do so as well.

That level of real-world effects caused by a make-believe game is almost unprecedented, really.
>>
>>53676980
>That level of real-world effects caused by a make-believe game is almost unprecedented, really.
>almost unprecedented
You must never have met vampire LARPers then.
>>
>>53676764
I am very interested! Link please.
>>
>>53676980
Well Exalted had something simmilar with solars thou not to this extent.
>>
>>53676901
You don't understand Anon, hunting a monster that feeds on human suffering is literally the worst thing ever. It's just like hating gay people, or racism!
Heroes also do abhorrent things like starting support groups and saying means things on forums. Like Hitler did.
>>
>>53677076
>You don't understand Anon, hunting a monster that feeds on human suffering is literally the worst thing ever. It's just like hating gay people, or racism!
>Heroes also do abhorrent things like starting support groups and saying means things on forums. Like Hitler did.
Don't forget according to the dev you are an MRA if you have any problem with that stance.
>>
>>53676980
Stating facts have nothing to do with complexes.
>>
>>53677105
Who's the dev on beast? I've been reading some reviews that call beast a huge piece of shit and I don't really want to read it myself because it never interested me.
>>
>>53676980
It would be a terrifying thing if the various players spontaneously became their preferred splats.

Magefags would kill us all.
Then kill themselves over arguing which of the Mage lines is better.
>>
>>53677105
That is one of the funniest things about Beast IMHO. I find the game disgusting, with is a point of view that most of my left-winger friends that bothered to check it out share. One guy asked me if this is some kind of parody
>>
>>53677231
Matt McFarland. What blows my mind he also did Demon the Descent with I probably love the most of whole CofD line and he also wrote C20 with from what I hear is solid stuff.
>>
>>53677287
>he also wrote C20 with from what I hear is solid stuff.
C20 is similarly tone deaf in many ways, its just side details about certain subgroups, rather than the entire splat. It says a lot of stuff the author would probably start throwing accusations at people about if they got critical towards him on it.
>>
>>53677066
I don't have anything I can link yet (I'm a stickler for presentation), but I can post a few Stand concepts I've been playing around with.

>Trapt is a Swarm Stand, taking the form of a mass of red and blue spiders. A red spider can link to a blue spider, making them stick to each other (and other surfaces) through Van der Waals forces. Trapt can form complex chains or webs of spiders this way, with more spiders linked together becoming harder to tear apart.

>Painkiller is your basic punchghost, an avenging angel in metal armor with a buzzsaw in the place of legs. With a touch, Painkiller can rapidly excite the molecules in metal, forcing it to heat up and burn whoever touches it. It can melt metal this way, which would be very bad for anyone near it.

>Hysteria is a Stand that takes the form of black tendrils with gold bangles on them. If Hysteria's tendrils jack into a technological device or the back of someone's head, it can read, edit, and steal the contents inside. It takes time to make extreme changes, but small changes (such as short-term memory) can be done fairly easily.

>Lastly, Concrete Blonde is a large sea urchin with a cartoon face on it. It can control and move sediment, such as sand and silt. When its spikes dig into a mineral, that mineral breaks down into sediment that Concrete Blonde can use. It can also make a protective shell around itself this way, blocking direct attacks against its body.
>>
>>53677033
Actually, I figured that most vampire LARPers were the way they were before they ever threw their first rock-paper-scissors.
>>
>>53677530
Having witnessed many LARPers in my day, they often start out kinda bad, but the LARPing and social cliques and other retarded shit almost always makes them even worse human beings.
>>
>>53677397
Really cool! Freaking saved. Are you posting your work in progress anywhere so others can keep up with it and offer feedback?
>>
>>53677578
>makes them even worse human beings.
Oh I forgot, it also leaves them extremely prone to drama in a way they weren't prone to before LARPing.
>>
File: Hellboy.jpg (59KB, 288x359px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy.jpg
59KB, 288x359px
Feedback requested. Keep in mind that my knowledge of Hellboy is not very deep. This sheet represents him as a special Lucifuge Hunter.

Virtue: Friendly/Determined
Vice: Temperamental

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 3, Wits 4, Resolve 5
Physical Attributes: Strength 7, Dexterity 3, Stamina 7
Social Attributes: Presence 4, Manipulation 2, Composure 3

Mental Skills: Academics (Folklore And Mythology) 2, Computer 0, Crafts 1, Investigation (Fortean Phenomena) 4, Medicine 2, Occult (Relics) 4, Politics 0, Science 1
Physical Skills: Athletics 4, Brawl (Red Right Hand) 5, Drive 0, Firearms (Good Samaritan) 1, Larceny 0, Stealth 3, Survival 2, Weaponry (Sword) 4
Social Skills: Animal Ken (Cats) 1, Empathy 2, Expression (Humor) 2, Intimidation 4, Persuasion 2, Socialize (Jovial) 1, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 2

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Fortean Phenomena, Relics), Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Danger Sense, Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Eye For The Strange, Fast Reflexes 2, Indomitable (Advanced), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Fortean Phenomena, Relics), Investigative Aide (Investigation, Occult), Professional Training 5 (Paranormal Detective: Occult, Investigation, Academics), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 3, Virtuous (Advanced 3), Ambidextrous, Demolisher 3, Greyhound, Iron Skin 2 (Advanced 2), Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Allies (BPRD 3), Contacts (Occultists, Investigators, Hunters), Inspiring, Iron Will, Status (BPRD 3), Striking Looks 2, Sympathetic, True Friend (Abe, Liz), Defensive Combat (Brawl), Improvised Weaponry 3, Heavy Weapons 5, Unarmed Defense 5

Willpower: 8 [Risking Willpower]
Defense: 8
Initiative: 8
Armor: 4/2
Speed: 15
Size: 6
Health: 13
Conviction: 7
Integrity: 8

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>53677654
Castigations: Hellboy is considered to have modified versions of Family Vestment and Mark Of The Beast that are permanently active and do not cost Willpower points. He can go beyond the normal limits of 5 dots in Strength and Stamina, gains 8 Again on all Strength and Stamina rolls and gains 2/2 Armor. He is immune to all mundane diseases and toxins, as well as damage from fire and heat. He possesses a healing facto, which seals wounds on its own, and heals one bashing damage every turn, one lethal every hour and one aggravated every day. He can speak all ancient and supernatural languages, including Sumerian, Spirit Tongue, Dragon’s Tongue and High Speech.

Gear & Equipment: Hellboy uses the Good Samaritan, a Heavy Revolver modified to use ammunition that acts as the Bane of several supernatural creatures, including silver and incendiary rounds. He frequently carries an assortment of Relics, which normally aren’t worth more than 3 dots and are oriented towards protection and investigation. His Right Hand Of Doom counts as a Heavy Weapon that deals +2L with Armor Piercing 2, and is immune to all damage and Tilts from mundane and supernatural sources. Depending on the Chronicle, the Right Hand Of Doom may be the final piece in some important mystery or conspiracy.
>>
>>53677592
I have to leave the house and do some stuff, but when I get back I'll post the WIP document for Hunter's Bizarre Chronicle (or whatever the hell I end up calling it). I'll also try posting the link at the next Super Stand Sunday.
>>
File: 1490051898634.png (105KB, 257x273px) Image search: [Google]
1490051898634.png
105KB, 257x273px
>Dude invites me to play VTM
>Days pass and he doesn't give players any information about the game and the setting
>"I guess we'll be making our characters in the first session, then."
>Game day comes
"Hey, are your characters ready?"
>>
>>53677530

I gotta wonder what people who LARP the other splats do at these things, or if the vampires just REE at them nonstop.
>>
If our lord and saviour DaveB would accept this kind offering to grace us with his presence and wisdom...

May I ask if a Legacy is allowed to limit where you spend your reaches on attainments? Say, can an attainment state that you can only heal yourself and noone else, even if you have the reach to make it sensory range?
>>
>>53677882
LARPing other splats? That's cute.
>>
>>53677882
The werewolf LARPers are too busy yiffing (and some of them not showering for some fucking reason) to hear them.
>>
>>53678172
Larp hunter by attacking the vampire larpers with baseball bats
>>
>>53678233
Not showering is a gamer thing. I stopped going to the gaming store locally long before my game lines stopped being in there, because of the catpissmen Warhammer players.

Unrelated, HOLY FUCK 4CHAN WHY DID YOU JUST HAVE ME DO 10 VERIFIERS.
>>
>>53678244
You know that could be funny. Show up to a masquerade LARP w/ nerf guns.
>>
>>53678380
more like a nerf flamethrower a bible and a trench coat
>>
>>53678451
So like a super soaker?
>>
>>53677933

Reaches are supposed to be built into Attainments - not only *can* an attainment state such, it *should*.

When you build the Attainment out of the spells, you decide where the reach you get for the attainment (which is different from how much you'd get for casting - it's in the Legacy rules) goes.
>>
>>53678380
Most vampire LARPs would bounce you; 95% of the ones I've ever known or been to have a 'no weapon props' rule.
>>
>>53678710
>holy water
>>
Would Life 3 be able to stop a werewolf from healing?

It's for an NPC in an upcoming arc. He was cursed by a Seer in the past and my players could break the spell to gain a contact.
>>
>>53679245
Probably not, a Werewolf's regeneration is as much a spiritual power as it is a biological one.
Personally I'd require Spirit 3, Life 3, and the spell would still be Withstood by Stamina.
>>
>>53679334
Hmm, that's a good point. I'll have to think of something else then. A spell like that's past what the obrimos will be able to break currently.
>>
>>53679499
Step it down to a Wolfblooded?
>>
>>53679245
Someone else on this topic, do you think use of Spirit or Life (or both) could forcibly form shift a werewolf or is that protected by the whole 'can't mind control an Angel because the God-Machine rolled more sux than you have dice' thing?

In my game we're involved politically with local werewolves and I think it is only a matter of time till the GM goes for the gut punch of having to deal with a friend who is in a death rage. I want to just forcibly turn them back into humans. Rather than try to use Mind to wiggle through the rage which I think makes them immune to mental influence as it is just shut down their ability to do harm as well. Rage all you want, but your fists are easier to restrain than hulk-wolf claws.
>>
>>53679707
>or is that protected by the whole 'can't mind control an Angel because the God-Machine rolled more sux than you have dice' thing but with Luna

I forgot the ending of my sentence
>>
>>53679707
Regardless of what you use to lock down their shape shifting, they can still freely generate a clash of wills every turn with it.
>>
>>53677231

Funny. I'm actually probably one of the only fans of Beast on here. While there are downfalls...at times severe...I think the game is quite fun. The whole thing that everyone focuses on with the SJW aspect of it or whatever everyone wants to call it, doesn't really come into play in any of my games...so yeah.
>>
>>53679742
I'm not expecting it to be a one spell and you're done fix, but maintaining it round by round to try and have someone else knock them out or something sounds like a good dramatic moment.

Is there any way to actually stop death rage or do you just wait for the GM to say it is done and/or break out the silver and beat them down?
>>
>>53679743
They literally destroyed any semblance of them being cohesive in their own meta plot or the book not contradicting itself constantly, the stupid SJW stuff is just icing on the cake to an already poorly half rewritten text that hasn't had any good supplements to do anything to fix it.

Only worse book I regret backing on kickstarter was m20, which doesn't even have rules to play a game.
>>
>>53679782

I will agree with you that the rules can be rather contradicting, but I think that a lot of these games have that issue desu. That said, I'm not really purchasing or looking for much metaplot with CofD gamelines so that is not really much of a factor IMO. I think Conquering Heroes is quite good actually. I am also hearing amazing things about Building a Legend. That is gets into a lot about the Primordial Dream and so on is promising. There is also talk of a Storyteller's guide on the OP forums...
>>
>>53678710
More like a can of hair spray and a lighter
>>
>>53679707
Spirit 2, Life 2 should be able to use the Practice of Ruling to force a Werewolf to shift forms.
However they can still continuously attempt to shift forms themselves again, and each attempt will provoke a Clash of Wills.

What's more, since a Uratha can stay in their new form indefinitely, it counts as an indefinite power, for the purposes of the +4 bonus to the Clash of Wills.

This being said, it would be a potent way of kicking them out of Gauru.
If you can beat their enhanced Withstand, based on Stamina.
>>
>>53679859
So you have really shit taste namefag as to be expected.
>>
>>53679859
No other game line contradicts itself on how you actually became that splat. Its literal shit. Heroes don't make any sense either, which leaves the entire line a giant mess with nothing resembling an actual cohesive story even being possible without massive house ruling. That's before even getting to the poor mechanics.
>>
>>53679743
what the fuck do they do tho when not out scaring peeps? I mean do they give a shit and help old grannies with shopping? Stop muggers?
>>
what supernaturals were involved in and/or caught of guard by brexit in your version of things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur-o1dp4APU
>>
>>53680174
Rape and complaining on the internet about being persecuted.
>>
>>53680174

When we have run the game, they have dealt with the consequences of feasting. They have built their lairs and attempted to branch out. They have become involved in their brood and the other beasts in the city and surrounding cities. etc. etc. In all honesty, I have not found it difficult to run. That said, I am also an avid fan of Geist and have run a few ongoing games. That said, everyone complains about those mechanics and what a Sin-Eater does in their spare time as well.
>>
>>53680233
Why the fuck would supernaturals be involved in brexit, you dimwit?

Like, aside from whatever their personal biases and politics might happen to be?
>>
>>53680029

Can I ask you where you see the contradiction of how a Beast is created (rather, how one becomes one?) I have read the core book quite a few times and have found it easy to comprehend in terms of how a beast becomes a beast.
>>
>>53680233
All of my NPCs take my exact opinion on Brexit, that hopefully the UK collapses finally winning america the revolutionary war. Also that the 4th Reich (sometimes called the EU) collapsing is only a good thing in the long run.

None of it matters though because all my games are set in America.
>>
>>53680366
Assamites go home, Setites go home!
>>
>>53680405
Hah!
>>
>>53680387
Your either were always one or werentand you become one cos your devoured? I mean which is it? Is it hereditary or not?
>>
>>53680387
Despite changing the 'Homecoming' to the 'Devouring' after the rewrite their are still plenty of references to the former in the text. All ruined because the dev can't take criticism and a bunch of faggots screamed stuff about rape apology and the like.

The direction they half went with (the devouring) is just utterly uninteresting to me compared to the draft material I backed.
>>
>>53680427
Oh, and then they shoe horned in the 'teaching' angle making the whole thing even fucking worse.
>>
>>53680366
Would you really expect OPP to not put in a really hamfisted and cringy reference to Brexit? Because they totally would.
I bet those evil Heroes did this.
>>
>>53680451
Don't worry, with nuWW setting things more europe-y because that's where they are located, I'm sure they will hamfist it in. Likely in new and awful ways none of use could even predict.
>>
>>53680439

I will actually agree with the 'teaching' angle. It is not something I would have necessarily added. Now, on to how one becomes a Beast: The person has not necessarily always been a beast, they have always been different...they have always dreamed differently...it felt more real than others would describe a dream...they could read their dreams more deeply than others. Then the devouring happens only when they give in and submit. It mentions that there are cases where some have always been a Beast, however that is few and far between and probably meant to be used more of either a NPC, or an antagonist, or something. I have not encountered a player that has actually wanted to play a Beast that was born a Beast. They call it the devouring because the soul is devoured during this and replaced with the Horror.
>>
>>53680508
Otherkin: The Unhealing Wounds
>>
>>53680471
the methusalahs did it then fucked off to the middle east. The anarchs want the uk so much, they'll trash it first
>>
>>53680508
Ive yet to meet a player who wants to play beast so yeh, you have fucked up friends
>>
So I read the abomination that was changing breeds. Why not just make different animal forms use the Werewolf rules and call it a day?
>>
>>53680577
WW the apoc did that, so be different for differences sake!
>>
>>53680598
I think brucardo just wanted to jack off to furries beastiality.
>>
>>53680508
But more seriously, I've yet to meet someone really interested in Beast (once it became clear this whole "play a mythic monster" thing was a load of shit) that wasn't some mix of otherkin/persecuted autist (speaking literally here, not the internet insult version)/high school revenge fantasies to an uncomfortable degree, even for me, a pretty fucked up and broken individual.

Aside from that being what it takes to like the game, apparently, that isn't really a player base I'd be much interested in playing with, you know?
>>
>>53680631

Oh I absolutely get you. I think that a player base exists that want just that, I'm lucky enough to have found a few players are not that by any means. I honestly think that if I got the hint that they players were looking for something like that, it would be a quick run in the other direction.
>>
>>53680713
Well, good luck with that, then, friendo.

If you can manage to dig some silver out of that soiled diaper lining, more power to you.
>>
>>53681099
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.