[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 40

File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Early Edition

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
http://mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Tell us about your first EDH deck, and your first group. Were you tossed to the dogs, or were you quickly the top target when you swapped cards out of your precon?
>>
First for #FreeBraids
>>
What are the best anthems for Bant Tokens? I'm mostly looking for evasion and making things big.
>>
Fuck Sheldon.
>>
>>53526933
Eldrazi Monument
>>
File: TnT.jpg (2MB, 4968x2104px) Image search: [Google]
TnT.jpg
2MB, 4968x2104px
>Order "NM" cards from Troll and Toad
>They send me this shit
>Open a case again for the 5th time for a refund
>Will eventually turn into a full refund + free cards again

Why can't they get their shit together?
>>
>>53526933
odric 2.0
>>
>>53527076
As someone who fills orders for an online store I can tell you that condition is the hardest part of the job. Now, looking at your photos, there's no way I'd rate the left Scion as NM, it's clearly low LP, maybe high MP depending on some other factors (can't see the back, can't see all the top edge, etc). The right Scion may actually be NM or high LP, since I can't see it entirely and other than the white mark on the upper left, which could be dirt or something that can be removed safely it isn't bad looking. The border wear is annoying, but that could be camera angle and NM allows a little border wear (not much, but a little). Probably would safely call it LP though.

As far as them doing it five times, that's just crappy. Go buy somewhere else if they aren't getting you what you want, which they clearly aren't. T&T clearly isn't doing it for you, why do you keep shopping from them? TCGPlayer has lots of good stores for you to buy from.
>>
File: fulltextwubrg.png (2MB, 1876x523px) Image search: [Google]
fulltextwubrg.png
2MB, 1876x523px
Would you?
>>
I run nothing but oddball jank decks. What's some goodstuff I can try, that isn't too boring? I run Gruul Wort, Saskia Punisher/Group Slug, and Red Zurgo Voltron / Hyperaggro. I'm just looking for a deck I can sit back and chill with, and I need a break from forcing the special snowflake mold.
>>
>>53527271
Given that a lot of that rules text is not tied to the mana ability of the land, no, no I would not. Format the text box correctly and get back to me. 6/10 you tried.
>>
How strong is stax, exactly? My meta has reached Karador-Boonweaver level, but not Teferi-Stax levels of dumb. I just need to know if stax won't break the collective back of my group.
>>
>>53527342
Stax can be played at any level. You can build Stax casual, 75% or top cutthroat. The reason for this is that it's really just the form of control that works on multiple opponents.
>>
>>53527184
>>53527076

The worst I ever got was a copy of Intet the Dreamer rated at Near Mint that had multiple creases. Even a crappy phone photo sent to a person that doesn't collect cards could see it right away.

My guess is just rapid packaging makes them miss appraisals. As long as I get a refund I don't mind.
>>
File: jarad.jpg (61KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
jarad.jpg
61KB, 265x370px
What are some spicy cards for Jarad?
>>
>>53525240
I really like Trailblazer's Boots. People seem to underestimate it because it dosn't also have protction or haste like greaves, swiftfoot, and whispersilk do. That being said people sometimes seem to forget that in commander you need to actually get damage through, and so having nonbasic landwalk is almost always going to do that for you. I recommend it for decks that needs multiple ways to get damage through that don't have access to trample.

On a slightly related note I recently put a pait into my Noyan Dar deck, and I am excited at the prospect of one day animating a nonbasic land, and then giving it nonbasic landwalk.
>>
File: ink-treader.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ink-treader.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
my playgroup okayed nephilim as commanders, and i'm thinking i want to make an ink-treader deck, but it seems a little... strong. i don't want to be that guy who takes an unofficial ruling and abuses it to win every game, so i'm worried about the deck being too powerful.

should i do it?
>>
>>53527271
Do they come in Snow Covered?
>>
>>53527469
They okayed it, so let them see what it is capable of. If it ends up going bad, remove the problem cards.
>>
>>53527184
Ebay, not really looking at the stores too much but instead what the lowest price is.

Anyway I would have expected them to ship NM cards when they state NM. I've gotten cards in far better condition from new sellers than from them.
Hell they don't even ship their cards in top loaders.
>>
>>53527549
>>53527469
Also, do you have a deck link?
>>
>>53526933
Not sure if you only want actual permanent based anthem effects, but if you don't care about making any friends Triumph of the Hordes does work. Aside from that my go-to anthem effects are Eldrazi Monument, Beastmaster Ascension, Cathar's Crusade, Akroma's Memorial, and Elesh Norn.
>>
>>53527469
No, the deck is cancer. Cantrips into Omniscience, Doubling Season, OG Tamiyo ult, Obstinate Familiar every single game. I know from experience.

And trust me, I deeefinitely didn't tell you the main combo of the deck to inspire you to crush your friends hopes and dreams...like, at all...
>>
>>53527558
>Hell they don't even ship their cards in top loaders.
Now that's fucking irresponsible. I'm a small little store on TCGplayer and I use the fuck out of toploaders. Disappointing, I'd expect better from T&T.
>>
>>53527621
You want to take it a step further?

Sometimes they don't ship their cards in sleeves
>>
>>53527647
Ok, I can't actually believe that. Troll and Toad got where they are by being at least decent. I cannot legitimately believe they wouldn't use fucking sleeves to ship their cards. No toploaders, maybe, but no sleeves? That stretches my disbelief a little far.
>>
>>53527618
i was thinking i'd just win through combat damage. make it a token deck with stuff like silverfur partisan and monastery mentor. nivmagus elemental can also get huge and turn swords to plowshares and other targeted removal into a one-sided board wipe. there's also always the 3-mana insurrection option with act of treason.
>>
>>53527668
see for yourself anon, order cards from T&T on ebay

i dare you
>>
>>53527469
Yeah, you should. A buddy made and ran the deck for like a year and it was awesome. He drew lots of cards and used Act of Treason effects to Insurrection every turn until we died. He also had a little bit of a token sub-theme to buff the team with. It was quite fun and was enjoyable to play against, though HIGHLY general focused.
>>
>>53527722
Nah, I don't actually use eBay due to shit being awful on eBay. But wow that sounds fucking terrible. Go buy from someone, anyone, else.
>>
Spent five minutes arguing with an opponent telling them they won the game because of True Conviction.

How the fuck do you deal with players who can't into combat damage?
>>
>>53528125
So, what, they killed everyone with damage then thought they won with something else, like mill? Are they actual autists or something? Also, related question, does no one in your playgroup run fogs?
>>
Any cards that need to go into Mizzix that I could be forgetting?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-16-mizzix/
>>
Why was Sol Ring printed in C11 in the first place?
>>
>>53528228
But sol ring was printed way before C11
>>
>>53528209
merchant scroll
>>
>>53528209
Gamble if you like living on the edge
>>
>>53528262
Why was it reprinted, ya dingus?
>>
>>53528335
I've thought about gamble. I think it's just not for me. I'll keep considering it though.
>>
>>53528413
It's pretty solid in my Melek deck. Gamble for Past In Flames usually leads to a win, or at least draws me 20+ cards in a turn.
>>
>>53528312
Fair point
>>
>>53528441
True. Do you have the list for your melek deck so I can check it out. I used to play him, but I found Mizzix to be a bit more my style. What do you prefer about Melek?
>>
>>53528476
I don't have my list online anywhere, but the reason I prefer Melek is that he tends to be more explosive. I could've spent the first few turns doing absolutely nothing besides drop a few mana rocks, but if I can drop Melek and then untap with him in play, there's a pretty solid chance I storm out on the spot. You can run more rituals like Seething Song and a double or triple High Tide off the top usually ends games. I ended up taking all of the extra turn stuff out because I wanted to keep it all confined to a single turn to keep storm count high.
>>
>>53528161
They kept insisting it wasn't enough damage. I just wanted to get to the next game.

Also yes, they do. I actually run Darkness, Fog and Holy Day just cause.
>>
Table let me resolve Confusion in the Ranks and Possibility Storm. They had only themselves to blame for the salt.
>>
>>53528556
>They kept insisting it wasn't enough damage.
Do they not math? Math is pretty easy, even with double strike involved (literally just X*2).

>I actually run Darkness, Fog and Holy Day just cause.
Have you considered Comeuppance? Great little "go fuck yourself" spell. Also hits non-combat damage, for that "fuck you, Comet Storm" feeling.
>>
>>53528402
Because I can't play my 8+ cmc commander any other way ya arsehole
>>
so is the commander anthology worth to buy?
>>
>>53528402
Because wizards really did want to make a solid product. If you were making a deck, you put Sol ring in, and they decided to make reasonably good decks instead of trash for the first set of commander decks.

Keep in mind that the environment the format was in was a vastly different environment, at the time the biggest generals around were arcum and zur, so Sol ring usually meant if you lucked into it early you hard cast your Krosan Tusker instead of cycling it (card quality has gone up a lot since then, krosan Tusker was once nearly an auto include, now it's unplayable)

Take a look at when every tier 1 (heck even tier 2) general was printed, and it will be a lot easier to see why fast mana like Sol ring was so much more acceptable. These kinds of early wins just weren't happening, and the cards just let you cast your general after commander tax bumped it up to 12 mana.
>>
>>53528579
>It's everyone else's fault that I'm an asshole.
>>
>>53528915
And don't forget, at the time, Rafiq was the fast kill commander.
>>
>>53529069
and Sharuum was the best combo commander
>>
>>53529075
Mmf, good times.
>>
File: Deserted Temple_OD.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Deserted Temple_OD.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>53527488
Probably Deserted Temple
>>
File: MarchesaTheBlackRose.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
MarchesaTheBlackRose.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
So I tried the gatherer, but I really don't know what keywords to use for cards that force my opponent's to pick on not-me, or at least reward them. I'm already looking at Ludevic and Goad in general, but I feel like I'm missing a lot of stuff. Pic related is my commander. Keywords and / or specific cards would be appreciated.
>>
>>53529177
You want some Will of the Council cards.
>>
>>53529195
You're my favorite
>>
>>53529177
I don't know what kind of Marchessa deck you're trying to build where you don't want to be off the throne, but there are a lot of cards that work really well with her.

Treasonous Ogre
Unspeakable Symbol
Sage of Fables
Drana, Liberator of Malakir
River Kelpie
Yahenni

And if you want to spend some money there's

Scourge of the Throne
Glen Elandra Archmage
Toxic Deluge
Umezawa's Jitte
>>
>turn 1 drop mountain
>everyone else plays a land and Sol Ring
>turn 2 land, Desperate Ritual, Shattering Spree replicated twice
>heartbreaks were had
>drop my Sol Ring the turn after and it gets destroyed in few turns
>>
>>53529290
You know, when you say it like that, it does sound pretty stupid. The initial idea was to make a multiplayer deck that is offensively oriented but also prevents me from taking the aggro I so rightfully deserve.

Thank you for the advice though! I'm going to go look into those
>>
>>53529389
I didn't mean to tell you how to make your deck, you should make something that you enjoy playing even if it might not be the most competitively viable. Ultimately it depends on your preference and how competitive your playgroup is, those suggestions were just tech that someone in my playgroup who has a Marchessa aggro deck uses to great effect.
>>
>>53529177
One of the most important things you should do is make sure stuff that you pay life for isn't in the deck.

This shit >>53529290
Is great for a conventional marchesa deck, but if you get no value from your general because people didn't hit you? That's a strong motivator in it's own right.
>>
>>53529428
I don't mind at all, I appreciate the criticism. I'm going to consider other possible commanders for the theme while I look at cards. I was already considering Ludevic and Vial Smasher in the deck in case I felt like mixing things up.

>>53529465
Just to clarify, are you saying mechanics that motivate people not to target me will actually make them want to pick on me when they can, so I probably won't need to worry about lowering my own life? I mean, obviously this stuff is kind of dependent on play group, but something to that effect had crossed my mind.
>>
>>53529305
Now thats a play I could get behind.
>>
>>53529000
It was against Atraxa and Selesnya and I was mono-red with a six turn set up. No way.
>>
>>53526933
Leonin War banner
>>
>>53529548
>Just to clarify, are you saying mechanics that motivate people not to target me will actually make them want to pick on me when they can, so I probably won't need to worry about lowering my own life?

No, what I mean is people naturally don't want to lower your life and get you off the throne. If you have a treasonous ogre out or something, that desire to not attack you vanishes completely, since you can simply lower your life whenever you like.

Typically though I just wanna be attacked when I play marchesa. If you wanna do pillow fort grixis marchesa though, your lines of play need to change.
>>
>>53527184
No, it's not hard. And any respectable online retailer has a grading guide.

>mint: no fucking damage whatsoever
>nm: a little nick or two, nothing more
>exc: some tearing on the edges
>good: card slowly becomes Michael Jackson - black fades into white
>lp: basically good + more nicks and a surface dink or scratch or two
>hp: looks like some dumbass scraped it on pavement
>>
>>53530137
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
I had failure to perform, tonight.

IDH, Impotent Dragon Highlander.

Limp deck.
>>
File: IMG_8752.jpg (43KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8752.jpg
43KB, 223x310px
zada tech?
>>
>>53527076
>Troll and Toad
Shit anon, I learned way back in my yugioh days not to ever order from that god forsaken company again and you did it at least 5?
>>
>>53530331
You have a reason to want to shoot all of your own creatures?
>>
>>53530431
Fucking this. I don't order from anywhere that isn't TCGPlayer now because almost everywhere else sucks dicks and you can always get the best prices on TCG anyway.
>>
>>53530444
There are reasons, but I don't know what he's going on about with that one.
>>
>>53530672
>>53530444
Oh, wait, no, I see. It's copied for every one of your creatures. So if you have four gobbos and Zada down and you discard, say, five cards, you do five damage to five target creatures or players five times.

Could be good.
>>
>>53530672
I'm guessing he's seen it in some Zada decks which try and play off the "draw a million cards from zada" then shoot people in the head with discards of 30+

But that takes a decent amount of setup.

>>53530706
Zada only duplicates spells which target only zada.
>>
>>53530713
Duh...you're right. Sorry, I've been actually sorting my red cards all right to work on my Zada deck and my brain's gone soft.
>>
>>53530331
has to only target zada tho
>>
>>53530747
It's fine, I thought the same thing at first then went.... ohhhhhhh

But you can still headshot people, I find it a bit too wonky though.
>>
Troll and Toad is the only place I could find gold bordered basics. It took them a month and a half to ship to me. Fuck that shit. And yeah they weren't sleeved either
>>
Is there a way to build Breya and have more combos than cards (excluding basic lands)?
>>
>>53531125
Not without a different definition of cards than I have.
>>
>>53531141
Ok excluding only basic lands was a bit too far, how about more combos than nonland cards?
>>
File: 1401923862970.jpg (261KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1401923862970.jpg
261KB, 500x730px
>tfw exclusively buy NM cards from Star City Games

Fucking Jewzards of the Coast this game is so expensive reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>53531168
Combo requires multiple cards.

Cards equal cards.
>>
File: land.png (7KB, 219x234px) Image search: [Google]
land.png
7KB, 219x234px
how's this for a sakashima manabase?
>>
>>53531207

Assuming you're not looking to spend money it seems fine.
>>
>>53531179
Combo pieces are often shared between multiple combos, you know
>>
File: 174[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
174[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53531207
>Sakashima.dek
>No Vesuva
>No Mirrorpool

I'm afraid you're going to have to hand in your license. The one with the mirror on it, yes.
>>
>>53531207
So I assume you mean to have two Marit Lages?
>>
>>53526886
What should I build next, Grenzo goblin tokens/theft swarms, or Wort the Raidmother copy/chaos with a side of burn?
>>
Im making a fairly casual Relentless Rats Marrow Gnawer deck for the mid tier of my multiplayer playgroup.

How worth while are cards like the Caged Sun and gauntlet of power that both double mana and give an anthem?

Any other good synergies I can throw into this?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-05-17-relentless-rats/

I know I could use a board wipe or three and some way of dealing with artifacts and enchantments but that is about all.
>>
Now that Dragons is practically confirmed what do you hope the other 3 tribes in the precons will be?

I'm hoping for Soldier/Knight Tribal most. I'd also like to see treefolk and ooze
>>
>>53526886
>Tell us about your first EDH deck, and your first group. Were you tossed to the dogs, or were you quickly the top target when you swapped cards out of your precon?
Didn't start with a precon, started with Kruphix hydra tribal and I just can't bring myself to take it apart. At least it's versatile.
>>
>>53527403
Grave pact, Dictate of erebos, etc.
>>
>>53527403
Illusionist's bracers or Rings of Brighteart if you have the dosh
>>
>>53532175
BW Spirits, WBG Elves, BRG Goblins
>>
>>53532594
>he doesn't run Shattergang Shenanigans
>>
>>53532634
They don't support gobbo tribal very well, they're only good for stax or for their colors, actually apart from Krenko we don't have any good gobbo commander that can support a gobbo tribal deck
>>
I want to give away a EDH deck as birthday present. What is a funny and cheap commander?
>>
>>53532650
A player in my group plays Wort, Boggart Auntie and it's pretty good. Probably not as high power as Krenko but has a lot of neat things it can do.
>>
File: lazav.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lazav.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53532716
"I got you the best edh deck for your birthday anon. All of them."
>>
>>53532728
That's just spellslinger that works with any token green can shit out, it has literally 0 gobbo synergy a part from the commander being a gobbo
>>
File: wort.jpg (33KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
wort.jpg
33KB, 200x285px
>>53532746
No no, not Wort, The Raidmother. Wort, Boggart Auntie.
>>
>>53532765
Ah sorry, was thinking of the other Wort. That's fine but a commander on Krenko's power level with Jund colors would be much better imho
>>
>>53532742
That is a fine suggestion, but he has a deck with that commander already.
>>
>>53532789
How about Olivia Voldaren Vampire tribal? It's effective, relatively cheap(AS long as you don't wanna shill out for 18 bucks for Kalitas), and has a surprising amount of support.
>>
File: avacyn.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
avacyn.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
I am doing a super-casual angel tribal deck. I'll probably be making a mono-white variant and a Boros variant. What are some good angels or angel-related cards I may not know about?
>>
>>53532818
I was thinking of something even cheaper
>>
>>53532828
Some lesser known ones are Angel of Jubilation, Radiant, Archangel , and Angelic Chorus for flavor reasons.
>>
>>53532884
You can build it for 30 bucks my man.[.spoiler]
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-olivia-mobilized-for-war-30
>>
>>53532828
Urzas incubator is a must for tribal decks and sigil of the empty throne would he great for your flavor. Pearl medalion, oreskos explorers and knights of the white orchid are all great ramp for white. Brisela, avacyn and boros gisela are great wincons depending on the playgroup and are great angels in general. Nothing beats the feeling of homeward pathing a briberyed avacyn btw. Karmic guide, flickerwisp, emeria shepard, and suntitan will distract your foes from your future turns while allowing you to gain resources over the midgame and strionic resonator can put some extra value in your plays.
Of course you can just jam nonspecific angels.
>>
>>53532828
one guy at our table built a few ways to shit out angel of sanctions (tokens) which turns into a board state that needs to be dealt with immediately or becomes a huge problem
>>
>hear about EDH at my game shop
>"It's a CA-RAAZY format where you can use all your old cards!"
>Build a deck, alle xcited
>Get immediately disqualified because Moxen are banned

What a joke of a format.
>>
>>53532765
>Wort, Boggart auntie is better than Krenko as tribal commander
Seriously, you put him in the 99 and she gives him recursion, you also get access to the oft-neglected black goblins which add a lot more tools to your deck.
Raidmother is a tricky gruul spellslinger, the fact that she's a goblin doesn't really do much for you unless you're looking for shit like mass goblins - bright stone ritual - banefire, copy, kill two players
>>
>>53533193
You're the cancer that makes it a joke.
>>
>>53532885

Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't heard of the last two; definitely picking those up.

>>53533076
I will definitely be including Urza's Incubator and Sigil of the Empty Throne. I recently pulled an Anointed Procession during an Amonkhet draft, so I'm tossing that in for some hopefully fun interaction with Sigil, Entreat the Angels, Decree of Justice and Moonlight Spear.

I should definitely pick up Homeward Path, that looks like a must-have.
>>
>>53533219

Access to green is a huge boost to goblin token swarm strategies. Also green has many creature tutors that give your deck consistency, but arguably that might actually be a negative for a goblin deck.
>>
>>53533246

Rude. I just wanted to relive my early days of playing. My first ever successful deck was 20 Flying Men, 20 Unstable Mutation, 20 Mox Sapphire.
>>
>>53531207
With 35 lands you are better without the lonely sandbar
38+ lands you might start seeing a slot for it
>>
>>53533273
>>53531207

It depends how many rocks he has, the usual equation is two rocks == one land so if he's packing ~ten rocks he's on curve for lands.
>>
>>53532448
>Dictate of erebos
I hate you.
>>
>>53533268
ya there is a ban list, if you wana play those cards, find a play group that will allow it, but commander is a game of 1 of's. Rewarding players who have been in the game a long time and can choose those interesting cards for a game that is built more on rng because of the sized of the deck, you'd never see 'Think Tank' in modern but in a sadisi brood tyrant deck it finds a home
>>
>>53533324

But I have lots of old cards but no newer ones, and there are plenty of newer cards that are as powerful or more so than what I have.
>>
>>53533334
true, but plenty of good old cards out there, there are a few cards in legends that can be a commander
>>
>>Thread Question
Made an Oloro and learned that my group didn't like his command zone effect (jokes on them if eminence is real). On the second time we got to play, 2 out of the 3 I played with switched to commander damage tactics to deal with 200 life. The 3rd tried to mill me.
I stopped playing Oloro after two months of that and made a cliche Purphoros goblins deck.
>>
>>53533249
Oh one last tip crib swap is an angel tribal spell
>>
http://www.starcitygames.com/article/35191

>As many of you know, have asked about, and offered me best wishes on, I was diagnosed with throat cancer back in November.

You guys should feel bad for wishing ill upon our father. It's just a card game.
>>
>>53533353

What's the point if all my best cards are banned while degenerate newshit like planeswalkers are in every goddamn deck?
>>
>>53533268
I don't believe you.
>>
>>53533219
Raidmother runs token generators because it gives more things to conspire with, and because Impact Tremors/Purphoros.
>>
>>53533387

Why? It was a very competitive deck back in the day. then the "maximum of 4-of per card" rule came along and BTFO of it.
>>
>>53533385
>degenerate newshit like planeswalkers
Top Tier decks except for CVT don't run walkers. You have to go down to Atraxa to find a deck that consistently does.
>>
>>53533402
>60 card deck
You fucked up.
>>
>>53533423

What? There was (and as far as I know still isn't) a maximum deck size, it was common to face 100+ card behemoths even in competitive play.
>>
>>53533388
yeah but that's a token centric deck vs a goblin tribal deck. excepting her own personal tokens, she benefits just as much from the others gruul can pump out. (except like, satyrs? not too many tokens actually have both)
>>
>>53532716
Atogatog
>>
>>53533452
My burn list would destroy your shitty flying men. 15 black lotus, 15 time twister, 10 lightning bolt.
>>
>>53533385
ya, but some of the best control cards are old, play blue
>mana drain
>counterspell
>daze
>counter balance
>forbid
>force of will
>>
What is /edhg/s opinion on the command zone podcast? I am new to EDH and I have been listening to it at work. So far it has been pretty helpful but I wanted to get a feel of that you all thought.
>>
>>53533620
I like them.
>>
>been playtesting my standard EDH deck
>always the threat
>decided to write down a list because it borrows cards from my other EDH decks
>realize it only has32 lands
>now I feel like I need to add 3-5 lands even though my testing has been going well

FUCK
>>
>>53533620
What do they talk about?
>>
>>53533616

I can't imagine countermagic would be an effective tactic in a singleton format, I've played a lot of multiplayer and even with proper decks it's extremely hard to play control in a group.
>>
>>53533633
If you're not getting mana screwed you don't need more lands. Remember to count your mana rocks/dorks too.
>>
>>53533620
Pretty alright from the couple episodes I've heard. Don't agree with their guests a lot and I think they manufacture issues rather than reflect the honest opinion of the community but brety gud/10.

Still don't get all this hubbub about netdecking killing the format. No one is forcing anyone to play snowflake decks. Is it that surprising that most people just aren't overly creative?
>>
>>53533675
But isn't 32 really low, especially when I'm trying to ramp into Eldrazi?
>>
>>53533670
You only need to counter a few spells. Namely the one that will lose you the game immediately or that will stop you from combining off.
>>
>>53533670
Countermagic is sometimes your only strategy against certain archetypes. People's biggest mistake is thinking you can play a Weissman deck in a singleton, multiplayer format but like any 1-for-1 spell it has its uses.
>>
>>53533670
>let me, a person who's only experience with EDH was failing to read the banlist, explain how the format works
>>
>>53533696
Not if it works consistently.
>>
>>53533696
if you have rocks and ramp, or are running green at all, 32 is the lowest you should push it
>>
>>53533696

Bear in mind the mulligan rule in EDH. You should keep nothing but land and ramp in you opening hand and send everything else to be replaced.
>>
>>53533696
Normally 35-38 lands and about 45 mana sources (lands, rocks, dorks, and cheap ramp) is the norm but don't fix what isn't broken.
>>
>>53533696
It's incredibly low. Especially for Standard commander where you don't have broken card draw and accelerants. The magic number is usually 36-38 lands. Any more or less and your deck needs to be built in a specific way to warrant it.
>>
>>53533696
Not if it works, and there are two choices here. Either 1) you're hardcasting Eldrazi from hand, so you have Eye of Ugin and lots of rocks, or 2) you're cheating them into play, so the lands aren't as important.
>>
>>53533640
Random EDH stuff. Deck techs, politic episodes, rules discussion, precon breakdowns, set reviews, archtypes, best ofs, etc. Basically anything EDH they probably have an episode for.
>>
>>53533670
well hell, what is your card collection? did you play till first ravnica? Even if your collection is that old you can make some cool dimir shit
>>
>>53533670

You're holding your counters for big stuff. How is that not hard?

You want your shit played, you'd better play it on someone else.... and then I bounce it and expropriate ftw.
>>
>>53533735
Green always wants to run a higher landcount since you want to be hitting land drops AND ramping. What's the point of a rampant growth if you miss your third land drop?
>>
>>53527288
One of the most fun and oddly effective decks I ran was Doran aggro.
>>
>>53533785

I stopped collecting when they changed the borders. I have a load of Moxen but my preferred color was always black so most of my cards are hopelessly outclassed by newer stuff.
>>
File: 20170531_091326.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_091326.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
ok guys call me a shill but i wanted to show this off cause i think its cool. i ordered some sleeves and a panharmonicon from card kingdom and when you order from them they send you a cool token normally as like a added personal touch thing. i asked them to send me a snake one but they do not have those apparently and instead sent me pic related

its cool to see stuff like this from businesses, dont ever get anything like this from other sellers
>>
>>53533683
i dont think netdecking is really an EDH thing so much more as a complaint about magic as a whole that EDH just gets pulled into. honestly edhrec and tapped out are a tool like any other, would rather take a quick glance at them to see cards i might want than spend hours on gatherer to maybe find a few cards. plus ive only been playing magic for like 3 years and just dont know some cards or rules text like that and edhrec is amazingly helpful for finding weird shit from old sets
>>
>>53533803
Just build Sidisi Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>53533803
hell, karn silver golem decks are a thing, first mirridon set has some great cards, cepter, darksteel shit, sword of fire/ice, sword of light and shadow. Wana piss off anyone, play memnarch, he has blue mana symbles so you can play a blue control shell with draw and take whatever looks good or slipps past your fingers in stopping
>>
>>53530137
Don't embarrass yourself, anon. There are already set grades everyone uses for a reason.
>>
>>53533803
Old school black cards are way more powerful than newer stuff. Necropotence, Yawgmoth's Will, Reanimate, Entomb, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Necromancy, etc. are all some of the best cards that you can play. The only things that are better are certain creatures, but most of those are pretty cheap financially
>>
>>53533867

Hmm, I could dust off some of my old robutts. But only one Workshop makes me sad, and I'm guessing URZATRON is out of the question too.

>>53533884
>>53533849

Thanks for all the suggestions goys, maybe I'll give it another try and actually read the banlist this time. Wish me luck!
>>
>>53533810
I got some neat tokens from them when I ordered last year's precons. Can't say anything bad, though I'd almost always go with tcgplayer for singles.
>>
>>53533912
its commander, its a singleton format, so only 1 of's, so one is good nuff
>>
>>53533919
card kingdoms strength is you get everything at once so you save on shipping. if your going to be buying a bunch of shit definitely try them first. only problem is its harder to get full orders cause they are just limited in their supply in which case tcgplayer is far superior
>>
>>53533762
So, I am trying to cheat them out. Rashmi is my general. I'm also playing Nissa's Renewal and Harvest Season.
>>
>>53533912
The format is a lot of fun, especially if you find some random legendary creature that you want to build around. Definitely read up on the rules though because they can get a bit wonky in regards to color identity and command zone interactions
>>
>>53533940

I mean that I own many, and I'm used to putting 4 of them in every artifact based deck.
>>
Making a WG deck which will be based on making multiples of the same creature.

Give me your best ETB's, LTB's, stacking anthems or creatures that scale exponentially (Like Pathbreaker Ibex and Cultivator of Blades)
>>
>>53533996
Death to witch hunters.
>>
File: Rafiq_of_the_Many.png (567KB, 509x698px) Image search: [Google]
Rafiq_of_the_Many.png
567KB, 509x698px
anyone have a good primer on rafiq of the manly?
How do I play voltron without just getting myself killed? seems like a bad archetype...
>>
>>53534221
It is, the best route is heavy control that can use its commander to OHKO people.
>>
>>53528850
Have you seen what comes with it?
Kaalia, Derevi, Freyalise and Meren. The last 3 are all easy to find.
The most you can take out of this box is the Kaalia deck and those retarded life counters.
At it's msrp, I can't see it being worth a buy unless you like the dice and have zero cards from either these decks.
>>
File: Kalemne-Disciple-of-Iroas-1.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Kalemne-Disciple-of-Iroas-1.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
>>53534221
Voltron is a bad archetype since you can be shut down pretty easily, but if you like the commander, go for it. I find the best way to do it is try to get your commander to stick then lock down your opponents with stuff like Winter Orb or Armageddon.
>>
>>53528850
>commander anthology
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/spoilers/Commander+Anthology
check the individual card prices
Mono green 81.06
bant 47.98
mardu 120.72
g/b 68.01

in order to get a deck under 100 bucks a lot of it is bulk... a lot...
also these decks dont really play well the foils will be cool though
>>
>>53534313
women with dreads are incredibly ugly
she could have been waifu material
could....
>>
>>53533919
I have a feud with TCGplayer and don't shop with them anymore.
A seller cancelled my order to double the price on it and when I couldn't get a response from them I called them assholes. My attempt to bring the practice to TCGPlayer's attention got me a talking to and a stern slap on the ass for inappropriate language.
>>
>>53533746
>Mulligam rule in commander / edh

Oh. You mean the special mulligan that was removed months ago and was replaced by the normal mulligan used everywhere?
>>
>>53534669
I had this same thing happen to me over a rishadan port a couple years ago. I've also noticed larger dealers are beginning to sell lightly played as NM.
>>
>>53533810
>snake
>not snek
>snek to the left doesn't even have "deathtouch, 1/1"
>not even on colored cardboard so you can't tell what color they are
0/10 they are shit and you should feel like shit go shill somewhere else
>>
>>53529177
No Mercy
>>
Daily reminder that multiplayer edh is autistic shit and that 1vs1 edh will become the most important format.
>>
>>53530331
No. The card can only target zada in that case, which means you cannot target a player (the copies will then be made, and they will only target your creatures). It does not work at all.
>>
File: 1.png (140KB, 1077x964px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
140KB, 1077x964px
>>53534893
this is bait
>>
File: i don tlike.jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
i don tlike.jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>53534893

>thread question
My first EDH deck was literally draft chaff when I started in theros and it was garbage against my friends who have much larger and older collections.
>>
File: deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg (235KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
deb1a470706aacaf9e1e3bb117bca60c.jpg
235KB, 756x1058px
Daily reminder if you dont have an altered general or at least a general in foil you are a pleb who will never amount to anything
>>
>>53527668
It's true. I've gotten them between two pieces of cardboard before.
>>
>>53534964
Daily reminder that if you have an alter THAT terrible, you're infinitely worse than anyone you could possibly be complaining about.
>>
>>53535056
>terrible
>>53534947
>>
>>53533620

I quite like the hosts, and their Game Knights series is great. I don't know if they quite realize how competitive they skew, but that's not an indictment, as I'm sure plenty of people prefer competitive content.
>>
>>53535086
It's pretty terrible dude. Like shitty DreamWorks movie terrible.
>>
>>53531917
Both.

I've had great fun with both Grenzo and Wort.
>>
>>53532901
is the 100$ one worth it?
i need a casual deck
that seems fun
>>
>>53535086
>Oh look at me I took a cute picture and put it on a super edgy grimdark card
Nah, it's gay son. Unless you have exceptional taste, which you clearly don't, alters are a horrible idea.
>>
>>53535086
>gay cartoon anthro shit
Could you be any more of a homosexual?
>>
>>53527403
Lord of Extinction; won me multiple games.
>>
>>53535134
They put on a good show but when it comes to their opinions on things those chinks have shittier written all over them
them and commanderin' give shit advice but having a different perspective is still very helpful.
Game Knights as a series is really good, though obviously its very, idk, exaggerated they act like they are auditioning for some off Broadway play constantly.
You can just tell these guys are absolute human trash IRL but in a world where its SCG and Commander Clash, these guys and team turn 3/the lab maniacs they at least provide something that hasn't been topped yet.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53535169
i use his little brother because budget in 4 player matches
>>
>>53534422
>women with dreads are incredibly ugly
It must be painful being so wrong.
>>
>>53535237
>unkempt hair
>attractive
absolute nigger tier
>>
>>53535237
>liking monkey hair
>>
>>53534221

>Rafiq

Infect or bust.
>>
>>53535265
>>53535251
>buh darkies
Neat.
>>
>>53535237
>trying to get with hippy chick
>dreaded mess but still want to smash
>spider crawls out of her hair and bites my dick
>swells up twice it's size
>best sex ever
>spiders make the best wing men
>>
File: dreadlocks_pictures.jpg (33KB, 280x348px) Image search: [Google]
dreadlocks_pictures.jpg
33KB, 280x348px
>>53535293
>TFW men will still talk to me even if I don't take care of myself
Being a girl really is better I'm glad I transitioned
>>
>>53527342
stax actually works much better at higher levels. if people are trying to combo off quickly stax is excellent at hindering it and seizing control, but if your playgroup is casual and it means they play their myr tribal deck slower it won't effect them much
>>
>>53527403
Survival of the Fittest is absolutely insane in Jarad
Lord of Extinction is required and fairly inexpensive
I run Jarad with 8 basics and Hermit Druid is consistently very powerful. Being able to activate it to send 10-20 to the graveyard and get myself a land is amazing.
>>
>>53535363
There's a difference between locing your hair and letting your hair mat, and if you look at Kalemne you'll see her hair is separated into distinct even locs. Not only does that look a lot better, it's also something young people in ancient Greece used to do.
>>
>>53535236
see also: Spinterfright, Mortivore, Boneyard Wurm, Bonehoard. All under $1 each
>>
>>53535454
>it's also something young people in ancient Greece used to do
oh in that case Ill get right on that after letting an old man jerk off using my thighs
>>
>>53535470
>Kalemne is from not!Greece
>Greeks loced their hair
>Kalemne has loced hair
You should totally do the old man thing though.
>>
File: chameleon colossus.jpg (2KB, 70x99px) Image search: [Google]
chameleon colossus.jpg
2KB, 70x99px
Wow, that ezuri deck came with some good ass cards. Look at this bitch, I was playing a mono-black casual spot removal deck and it just ran a train on me.
>>
>>53535470
>let an old man jerk off using my thighs
Best idea in the thread.
>>
>>53535559
>Look at this bitch
I can't.
>>
File: chameleon colossus.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
chameleon colossus.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53535559
>>53535573
>microscopic zoomed in google pictures
Whelp, that sucks. Anyways, here's a better image.
>>
>>53535559
No self respecting black mage would rely on spot removal alone. You reek of nature you fucking hippy.
>>
>>53535603
I'm running Drana and a bunch of dickish things like fatal push/tragic slip/dismember so that I can introduce a new player to some of the black staples, like dirty mike and skittles, without cockslapping him upside the head t4.

Deluge, Damnation and Crux of Fate are in Ghave and they're fantastic.
>>
>>53535634
If you have a limited number of Black board wipes, it's kind of dumb to put them in a deck that has access to white.
>>
>>53535570
N..no...
th...thats not what I actually want
:3
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
28KB, 223x310px
you guys run this to counter your friends turn 1 sol ring, right?

RIGHT?!
>>
>>53535634
Diluted with green mana and deluded by white. You disgust me planeswalker.
>>
File: vandalblast.jpg (146KB, 960x1341px) Image search: [Google]
vandalblast.jpg
146KB, 960x1341px
>>53535721
No.
>>
>>53535739
>playing anything but mono blue
>brooding in a corner
>complaining about not being able to interact
I used to be a sad sack like you
then i grew a dick, a brain and a heart.
now blue magic flows through my veins, come home white man.
>>
>>53535755
>implying sorcery speed vandalblast is anywhere near the fun of countering an artifact with your single untapped mountain
>>
>>53535773
Blue is the only proper choice. Now shut up and let me fuck your thighs.
>>
>>53535363
Here's your (You), now fuck off.
>>
Anyone ever try to play a break-the-color-pie deck?
>>
>>53535825
>let me
what do you think I am? some sort of harlot? you are going to have to force yourself on me :3
>>
>>53535829
No but now I am interested in doing so
>>
Hey /tg/, what's the best way to play boros in edh?
>>
>>53535899
>Hey /tg/, what's the best way to play boros in edh?
mass land destruction
if you cant handle the MLD then playing boros will be forcing yourself to build a bad deck
>>
>>53535570
It typically wasn't an old man, just older. Like 17 & 28.

>tfw no bf
>>
>>53535829
Blue creatures, white burn, Ojutai.
>>
File: Image.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137KB, 223x311px
So has anyone ever tried this commander? He's the only Jeskai Commander I have on hand at the moment, and the other options don't appeal to me that much.
>>
>>53535921
>28
>not an old man
>>
File: 20170531_111618.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_111618.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
I only have 1 recruiter of the guard. Which deck do I put it in.

More options in Selvala. But better effects in Gahiji
>>
>>53535926
Include a feldon so you can replicate your shitty critters after they die. The tokens won't get sacced if you donate them b4 end of turn.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53535883
Apparently there are a few ways white can take creatures, Evangelize, Preacher, and Debt of Loyalty let you permanently control opponent's creatures
>>
>>53535926
>He
>>
>>53535937
At this point, I'll take it.
>>
>>53535683
Yes and no. I mean, Massacre Wurm and Yaheeni's Expertise are really strong, but I intentionally built the deck around spot removal so that it would have an exploitable weakness. I'm also not running any reanimator, but a TON of giant fatties. The last game I won I had a giant field filled with Abhorent Overload, Drana, and a bunch of assorted bullshit, but he spanked my bacon when I had Korlash w/ Lashwrithe, Dirty Mike and Massacre Wurm out because he went wide. Ghave is designed to be pure, unadulterated degenerate nonsense, Drana is just a goofy "thematic" black deck about sacrificing life to summon crazy fatties. It runs a non-combo necropotence and is mostly a generic black goodstuff deck.

>>53535739
How do you build mono black? Really I want to be Rakdos and use rite of consumption to fling reanimated fatties, but I'm having difficulty with the discard subtheme. Lazav is pretty fun, but I'm tuning him a bit more so that he'll be really degenerate.
>>
File: CayijGDUYAAJcAk.jpg (23KB, 600x317px) Image search: [Google]
CayijGDUYAAJcAk.jpg
23KB, 600x317px
>>53535916
>mfw email tells me my Boom//Bust has been shipped.
>>
>>53530931
I'd gladly buy the whole champions decks for the golden bordered cards than have to deal with TnT ever again.
>>
I hear people whine about land destruction in a lot of playgroups, but it makes sense that the two colors with the least ammount of ramp would have the most anti-ramp, on that note what are the strongest aspects of boros, other than attacking?
>>
File: 13.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
Only have one slot left for non-creature removal in my W/G deck. Forsake or Krosan Grip?
>>
>>53532175
insects or snakes
angels
>>
>>53536052
I'm pretty sure Krosan has split second.
>>
>>53536052
Do you see Theros gods or Top more often?
>>
>>53536052
Return to dust
>>
>>53536052
Shattering Gust desu

If indestructible/recursion is a problem, forsake. Itherwise, Krosan
>>
How do Voltron decks, namely Uril play in playgroups? Do people immediately target you and fuck with you? I want to build it but I feel that as soon as they see me they will team up against me
>>
>>53532716
Angry Omnath is pretty cheap. Well, it would be cheaper if Purphoros didn't double in price.
>>
>>53536008
>How do you build mono black?
Jokes aside, I don't do anything extraordinary or unique. I built my deck around oloro and packed it with as much card draw as I could, fast mana, lake of the dead, coffers, tutors, good stuff in general. It wins through grinding the game down with card advantage, board control and life drain (generally via sorrin or tree with exsanguinate to finish) and mike and trike if an opening presents itself. It's pretty midrangey and tuned for a mid power (a nebulous descriptor I know), creature based meta.
>>
>>53536137
They don't get hated on until you bring out something that gives hexproof or indestructible, then they get their commander removed and have to start all over again.
>>
>>53536137
Uril shouldn't be too bad since you have access to enchantress draw, green ramp, haste enablers and explosive sorceries like Replenish/Retether. Not to mention the best non-creature permanent removal.
>>
>>53535331
Didn't know spiders infiltrated this board as well.
>>
>>53535916
Well what does boros do well, other aggro and land destrucion?
>>
>>53536331
destroy artifacts
exile enchantments
doublestrike?
>>
>>53536331
Tokens
>>
>>53533620
I like it a lot. I've been away from MtG for years and it's helping me catchup some of the nice new cards that I didn't know about.
My only problem is that when they start talking about budget options it's always cards that are already over $10, so I have to search for even cheaper stuff.
>>
>>53536191
Honestly, my deck is really similar. The only way to "amp up" the power is by throwing in tutors, grabbing coffers and shitting out mana, or reanimating the tree which I got in promo foil from the prerelease. I feel as if monoblack is very limited, even with an artifact shell. Red and blue are generally very diverse monocolour decks, and for the life of me I wouldn't pray to complete a mono white or mono green deck because they have giant glaring weaknesses, and some of the key cards are very expensive.

Golgari is where it's at though. You can build literally anything, including midrange stompy decks, combo decks, removal-heavy control decks or stax decks and they all seem to run rather efficiently. I don't know why, but I feel as if Jund is slightly worse than regular golgari because it dilutes your card pool with a bunch of "oh that's neat" type cards, like fork, Ruric Thar, and sire of insanity.
>>
>>53536331
Shitty soldier tokens.
>>
>>53536338
Any good answers that disrupt an opponest's plays?
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53536442
>>
>>53536442
Maybe.

You can run things like Celestial Flare, or Fork, but really, white has a shitload of removal, red has a lot of burn, and both are really inefficient outside of just wrathing the board. Stax and chaos type cards are adventurous in boros with the right set up, but it'll be difficult pulling them off. Boros is also fantastic at tutoring equipment, if that's going to be your schtick, but the lack of ramp and card draw really hurts you.
>>
>>53536468
What are my best card draw/ramp options?
>>
>>53535829
Not exactly, but I've literally scoured every black and colorless card that has been printed to figure out ways to break the colorpie in monoblack. Stuff like Withering Boon, Warping Wail for counters, Phyrexian Tribute, Gate to Phyrexia to blow up artifacts, NIghtcreep as a conditional Silence on non black players, etc.
>>
>>53536533
Artifacts for ramp, just try to keep your coloured devotion simple and you won't have much of a problem.

For card draw? Well, red has "looting" effects like tormenting voice and faithless looting, but those don't actually draw you cards, rather they filter the cards you have in your hand. Red has a couple of half-decent cantrips but they won't net you cards either. Really, Sram, Mentor of the Meek, or Puresteel Paladin are your best options to actually draw cards, but if you're slick, locking down the board and slowing the pace of play can help you draw some cards. You may want to go either Naya or Mardu if you want to run boros because you'll get access to green's ramp, and black's "I do a bit of everything" tech to beef up your roster. Boros shines in 20 life because you have efficient creatures and strong "simple' removal, but as you try to take out some UGX monstrosity, you'll realize that greedy manabases and blue card draw really are degenerate.
>>
What can I play that's like tabernacle at pendrell vale but not $1,000?
>>
>>53536442
War's Toll, Stranglehold, Grand Abolisher, Lapse of Certainty (sunforger target)
>>
>>53536442
Conversion, drought, blood moon, magus of the moon, tax effects, shit that tap their creatures, artifacts, and non basics
>>
>>53536442
Kismet, Thalia (both), blind obedience, loxodon gatekeeper, blinding angel
>>
>>53535419
is it bad to run hermit druid with ~20 basics?
>>
>>53536624
Pendrel Mists
>>
>>53536689
still great mill and CA
>>
>>53535227
>exaggerated they act
Have to agree with this. It's either muffled laughter when someone says something to the camera or the "Oooooh" they do when anyone play anything other than a basic land.
Other than that it's still very entertaining. The guys from Commander Vs could learn a thing or two about Knights.
>>
>>53534964
What sort of faggot wants a League of Legends alter? I'd respect shitty cheesecake alters before that shit.
>>
>>53536985
Oh wait, that alter was something popculture related? People actually play a game competitively with characters that look like THAT? What strange times we live in.
>>
>>53535227
I don't know if it's just because of the in person/video chat differences, but I feel like the Lab Maniacs are way more awkward and less entertaining than TT3.
>>
>>53535251
Nothing wrong with unkempt hair. Bed head is sexy as fuck. Dreads are ugly though.
>>
>>53537011
>looking for someone to alter art my diving top into a fidget spinner
>>
>>53537165
Like Hamrabe the Gorilla tattoos and Chanology, you will regret that decision.
>>
>>53537011
What makes it worse is that there's an "art credit" on that alter, even though it's just the default splash for Fizz, drawn by Kienan Lafferty. Don't steal, credit the artist.
http://knkl.deviantart.com
>>
>>53537207
>i run pongify
>already have a hamrabe 3/3 token
>>
>>53536050
Defense and wipe with white.
Chaos on red.
Some token stuff to fling.
>>
People that use dead memes aren't people.
>>
>>53536689
it's not super efficient because you'll average 4-5 cards per activation. if you need a land every turn I can see it being helpful, but if you want to fill your graveyard fast it'd be more efficient to cut that number down
>>
>>53537221
Fascinating. I'm all for mechanical reproduction of art and modernist parody, but what are you going to do, get rich doing magic alters? Why do they care if someone steals their stolen work?

>>53537318
>I MUST KILL THE DEMONS
>But John, you are demons
And then John was a zombie.
>>
>>53537351
He's a freelance artist. He's not rich by any means, but he does work and if you use that work and pass it off as your own you're an asshole.
>>
>>53537165
please post when done!
>>
>>53537318
well then smart guy what should my ape token be?
>expand dong
>winsten checks in from overwatch
>ghost busters actress
>>
File: 909636.jpg (31KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
909636.jpg
31KB, 322x450px
>>53526933
Mirari's Wake, bitch. The anthem is just icing on the top.
>>
>>53537417
You could try not being a memelord.
>>
>>53537417
could you try harder to be edgy?
>>
>>53536253
still relatively new, so...
the enchantress package,
cultivate/explosive veg/kodama
Anger? fires of yavimaya?
what is the best non-creature permanent removal?
>>
>>53537473
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>53537461
>play a fun format
>wana bring fun tokens

what atleast it isnt weeb trash put boobies on goblin token trash
>>
>>53536008
I just mean it as being dumb to put your copies of black board wipes in when you could just have Wrath of God and stuff. Like, why have Crux of Fate when you could have Fumigate?
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53536624
The Magus version that's like $3.
>>
>>53537417
make it keyword salad
>>
>>53536624
Magus of the Tabernacle.
>>
>>53536137
Uril is a simple deck.

>ramp into Uril
>play Uril
>play all your echantments
>instantly win in one or two swings

You'll pull it off exactly once, and then get hated on with the full combined force of an entire table with little to no recourse. I play Uril 1v1 and it's pretty powerful, but in a group, you're firmly stuck in a kingmaker role, where you'll never come in last, but you'll never win.

>>53537495
I run Wrath of God and all the cheap goodstuff, it's just my emergency escape button. Ghave is a pure combo deck and I need to be able to nuke the board and establish my tokens for relatively little mana if I also want to cast Ghave.
>>
>>53537528
How many board wipes do you have that you need Crux in there though?
>>
>>53537528
the only way to kill a huge Uril is with edict effects right? so when someone has Sigarda...its gg
>>
File: Dunston_Checks_In.jpg (22KB, 261x381px) Image search: [Google]
Dunston_Checks_In.jpg
22KB, 261x381px
>>53537417
You could at least be original and drop the overmeme flavor.
>>
>>53537701
Merciless Eviction doesn't care
>>
>>53537710
>try to be original
>play hunted troll
>made jorgan von strangle tokens
>he didnt know who he was

kids these days
>>
>>53537560
I took a look and crux isn't in there. I have about 5, 6 if you include the disk, and I can tutor them up really easily. Crux was actually the last one I cut to put Toxic Deluge in there. I thought it was pretty good at 5 mana, particularly if you run Dragons.

>>53537701
Nah, you can kill Uril in a variety of ways, and remember that Uril doesn't have innate indestructible. Really, if you want to ruin Uril's day, you completely ignore him and blow up anything that gives him trample. Uril can't slam through chumps if he doesn't have trample, and putting all your eggs in one basket leads to big problems.
>>
I got cursed out for playing Curiosity on my Niv Mizzet last night.

Did I deserve it
>>
>>53537921
No. Two card combos are common in EDH.
If they're going to get upset by degenerate stuff, they should be equipped with responses to it.
>>
>>53530467
Card kingdom is pretty good. I think they're trying to up their reputation so some things I've ordered came in even better condition than I ordered
>>
>>53537701
Sudden Spoiling, Hallowed Burial, Bonds of Mortality, Arcane Lighthouse, Anarchy, Cyclonic Rift
>>
>>53537965
Yet they get so pissy when their lands get blown up.
>>
>>53537921
what turn did you go off?
>if it was turn 7 or earlier i would too especially if you did little work to dig for curiosity
>>
>>53537921
Yes. Unless your playgroup is filled with degenerate nonsense, 2-card combos are always anti-climatic and feel really unfufilling. There's no art to it, you just tutor up your dirt cheap enchantment, slap it on your commander, then instantly win. It's no fun for anyone who is actually trying to play the game.

That being said, the game needs to end at some point, so after t6 it's probably fine, depending on what's going on.

>>53537965
>this guy
And being an asshole is common in humanity. Two card combos can be fine, but running one of the cheapest, tutorable combos possible is pretty gay.
>>
>>53538034
It was in my opening hand and I believe it was turn 7 or 8.
>>
>>53533810
These are super cool, is there any way you could scan them and upload them? I want them for my hapatra deck
>>
>>53538174
that is pretty gay
you have an 8% chance to get it in your oppening hand and for an opponite to not draw a response in an average 10% of the deck(cards used to respond) while going thought about (at minimum) 15% of his deck is pretty jank
>>
>>53526886
Star wars rpg I played a Givin pilot/demo expert named Buzz Ruckus.

Could survive vacuums and board ships. Always had a thermal detonator vest.
>>
>>53538033
Yep. If you run curiosity+nig you shouldn't complain about land fuckery.

>>53538086
No. You don't get it. Two card combos are always gay, no case is more special. If you're not new to the format you should always be prepared to respond to degeneracy. Or just talk to your table about it before running that kind of stuff. My table don't let any 2 card loop go infinity as a house rule (you can only activate a loop like 5 times). They also don't allow infect or land blowing (which I few are too much of a hugbox rule, but I don't run infect, so fuck it).
>>
>>53538304
Wrong thread, nice character.
>>
File: 180px-Superweenie.jpg (119KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Superweenie.jpg
119KB, 1152x864px
>>53538363
Pic related, your playgroup. If they forbid stuff like that they'll never get any better.
>>
>>53538363
Infect isn't even good in EDH, the only reason people don't like it is because it gives them a case of the bad feels.
>>
File: 1494500811287.gif (528KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1494500811287.gif
528KB, 245x245px
>>53538450
>>53538450
>>53538450
New thread's up. Migrate whenever.

>>53538363
Pic related.
>>
>>53533620
I like them a lot. the hosts have nice personalities, they do a decent job for adding stuff for competitive and casual play, and unlike a lot of other mtg related shows they don't try to do everything on a budget. I mean budget is nice but if you're going somewhere to play magic chances are not everyone is playing budget stuff.
I honestly don't get why people freak out on magic content creators for not doing everything for under $50 or $100.
For example a few weeks ago tolarian community college did a deck tech for a modern deck that was picking up steam that he liked. The deck cost around $450 I think and for a modern deck that's on the lower half of price ranges considering that a lot cost over $1000 and some over $1500. People got pissed because it wasn't a super cheap deck that.
Some people aren't on a low budget for magic and we like having content aimed at us too.
>>
>>53538408
Pretty much. I don't complain outside of here though, because they're not annoying like most of the other players in my area.

>>53538443
I don't personally mind it, but I feel it's frustrating when someone dies to it turn 5 and have to sit there shuffling their own decks for one hour.
>>
>>53537921
>>53537965
>If they're going to get upset by degenerate stuff, they should be equipped with responses to it.

except focusing on responding to combos like that is never a good use of resources. you'll just cripple your own chances of victory in the process.

>git gud xd

yeah, and when people truly git gud against combo decks, they start playing even easier combos at earlier turns, because the best way to beat combo decks in multiplayer is to play a combo deck yourself and go off before they do. and at that point you're now in another shitty meta that just ramps for 2-3 turns, then someone plays a combo and wins. congratulations, enjoy playing that shit for 3 hours per session

so basically, you deserve a bit of shit for running 2 card combos, and unless you really want your meta to go down the path of combo shittery, i recommend taking the combo out of your deck
>>
>>53538443
This. Works to my advantage sometimes. Some tard runs out infect creatures, everyone loses their shit and blows everything on him. Then no one bats an eyelash when I spend a minute fondling my deck before drawing a card with labman out.
>>
Have do you go about hating out a combo deck out of your comfy 75% meta? If you need the specifics, it's a UG Rashmi, that evolved from derpy creature toolbox with free casting to 2-4 combo kill. It produces a shitton of mana by untaping enchanted lands, goes infinite pretty easily, tutors it's shit in a pinch, brings stuff back form exile and recurs it from graveyard like there's no tomorrow. It abuses Memnarch, Planar bridge, Seedborn muse, extra turns, uses a lot of noncreature removal to pop single lands to lock players out of colors and remove hate pieces. When we play 3DH, even straight up teaming up against this person doesn't do the trick most of the time. I can only image a specific deck, Gaddock Teeg most probably, full to the brim with hatebears and prison peices, but it would cost a few hundred bucks, in comparison to Rashmi, that barely has cards over 20$ and is french banlist compatible.
>>
>>53538484
I also really appreciate The Command Zone's editing. I feel like that didn't get enough appreciation. Everything is easy to keep track of but it doesn't take an hour to watch a match (or even one round *cough*CommanderVersus*couch*).
>>
>>53538443
>Infect isn't even good in EDH

it's a hell of a lot better than just beating face normally. doing 30 infect damage is a lot more doable than 120 normal combat damage
>>
>>53538590
i think an edric, spymaster of trest deck can keep pretty much any other deck in check. you will probably not win but you will at least severely annoy(cripple him with your 25 counterspells and other disruptions
>>
>>53538565
Infect is the opposite of how you should go about trying to win in EDH really. It's like extreme voltron. You're guaranteed to draw aggro, you usually either one shot or die (or one shot one person and get nuked), you can't really afford to spread around your damage because you have to usually focus one person at a time, you can't really use politics because of this, and because you have infect you can't deal regular damage so you can fail to kill someone by just a little and it'll be like you never touched them to other players.
>>
>>53538590
Ask him to let you borrow it. Let him teach you how it works, how to run it optimally. Feign interest if you have to. When you know how it runs, you'll know how to break it.
>>
>>53527403
Tormented existence + a dredger lets you filter your hand into the best creatures in your yard. Very good with shriekmaw. Cream of the crop is pretty cool with Jarad, since he is often a big dude.. Greater good is obligatory, sac your whole board and dump your hand to 1 shot with Jarad. as well as an insane card engine. Victimize with Eternal witness and Skullwinder is a disgusting recursion loop if you have any etb dudes in the yard. Soul of new phyrexia protects your stuff from the yard, no one ever expects it. You can also use it to do 1 sided N-disks and Reaver demons for fun and profit. You can make hilariously strong boardstates by layering Soul with Mikaeus or some other similar effect. Gravecrawler is a 10/10 if you build towards sacrifice value. Gives you infinite ammo for skullclamps, attrition, sadistic hypnotist and any other sacrifice outlets you want. I have even won games nugging people for 2 with jarad and crawler. I assume you're already using Mikaeus the unhallowed, but you should also use cauldron of souls. Very good card, and lets you double up on board protection and ETB+sac. Kessig cagebreakers is an interesting card that can give you a billiion wolves if he ever lives to swing at someone.
>>
>>53538561
I'm not saying to focus on response. You have control decks for that. But some response is needed in your deck as much as ramp.
And again, EDH is usually run around house rules. If you see the same combos fucking up every session, speak up politely. Cursing out a player for a combo isn't going to help anyone.
>>
>>53538660
you can be political with infect, it's just a lot more situational and relies on good actual, real life speechcraft skills. you need to be able to convince people that you are 100% telling the truth when you say that you intend to hate a certain player out, and why you are hating them out so they don't stop you. after that it's hard to be political but that applies for every other deck.

honestly, just don't ever lie when you do politics in EDH. there are people in my group that i trust and people i don't. i don't engage in politics with the latter group, at all, and that VERY often gets them killed because i just simply can't trust them and have to assume the worst of their intentions.
>>
>>53538608
Not when the other players all go against you. Of course you could myriad them to death, but that is more situational. I personally never seen an infect deck winning. They just kill one guy and get pummeled afterwards.
That said, if you play duel, infect is pretty good.
>>
>>53538675
I've played against it so many times, that I think I've got an idea. The problem is that the required hate cards cost a small fortune, from Linvala to Crucible of Worlds
>>
>>53538831
gosh your meta has to be even more stupid than mine

having played xenagos in my meta, i never really got hated out, just disrupted and slowly poked to death. i was never, legit teamed up against, even though my deck was capable of killing the entire table in 1 turn with mostly an empty board.

i don't see a reason to hate out aggro myself either. i only really feel the need to hate something aggroy out if i know that they're gunning for me, in which case it's just kill or be killed.

i'm guessing infect being hated out is purely psychological because it's not any more dangerous than other archetypes (unless they are shit like pillowforts or hugs), it just freaks people out when there's a clearly visible timer on their life
>>
>>53526919
>>53526936
What about introducing (reintroducing?) "banned as a commander" then give braids and leovold partial unbans?
>>
>>53540594
legit just get rid of the lol ring and the fucking un card mana crypt then you can get your braids back
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.