[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 57

File: Cybrog.jpg (111KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cybrog.jpg
111KB, 1143x1600px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

PRAISE THE SPHERE edition

Last Thread:
>>53308016

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
http://dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commande

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
This post is a bait please do not ignore.
>>
>>53468227
Okay but only because you asked nicely.

>>53468183
Get bent xenophiles. We know you're in love Shaltari 2: Spherical Boogaloo, but at least have the courtesy to be quiet about it while the real humans are saving planets from the brain slugs.
>>
Is the two player setup very balanced? UCM seems to have a serious edge even though there's only like 33 points difference.
>>
>>53469098

For DZC or DFC?
>>
>>53469306
Sorry, DFC.

The UCM having 33 points up on the Scourge plus fighter/bombers seems to give them tons of projectable power.
>>
>>53469359
With the recommended starters there should be 1 point difference iirc. What did you build them as?

Scourge can take some nuance to play as since they're glass cannons who rely a lot on silent running to get within knife fighting range. The game isn't really balanced for ~500 point games either, so that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>53469359
True, but the Scourge have the benefit of the Wyvern, which can potentially OHKO anything the UCM has.
>>
File: 1495832219270.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
1495832219270.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
Bump
>>
>>53469899
Yea its close enough to balanced. You kind of need to throw in a few addition ships though to make the most of the game.
>>
>>53468396
>Get bent xenophiles. We know you're in love Shaltari 2: Spherical Boogaloo, but at least have the courtesy to be quiet about it while the real humans are saving planets from the brain slugs.

The PHR Shangri-La pocket is amused that you're still pretending that this is about fighting the Scourge and not your rage-alcoholism, but in case they're wrong could you provide some orbital support? All theirs went away for some reason and the jellies are getting riled up again.
>>
>>53472868
>problems solving other problems
I see no issue with how things are currently going.

We can talk about the rage alcoholism when an alien race arrives that doesn't consist of backstabbing dickheads or genocidal parasites. Right now rage is the most appropriate and safe response to any outside contact.
>>
File: welp.jpg (235KB, 1306x610px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
235KB, 1306x610px
>>53472956

>join the infantry they said
>nobody bothers killing immortals they said
>if the walkers or the navy get their shit wrecked they just pull us out they said
>>
>>53469523
I looked again and you are very right. I read the points off the wrong ship when I quoted the large number discrepancy.

Goes to show what posting past midnight gets me.
>>
>>53472868

It would be just about fighting the Scourge except Ball Lickers like to shoot human beings for no reason and give nukes to psychopaths.
>>
>>53472956
Amen brother
>>
>>53474585

The man already had nukes. Also the only EAA-tech armor division this side of hell, but you still sicced an army on him when you should have been fighting the Scourge, then blamed everything on him when he rage quit instead of being sitting tight and being massacred with dignity. All John Conner had was actor good looks and being a weak enough faction that all he could do was smile and ask for more when you started shipping Eden resistance offworld as canon fodder.

Funny how the UCM keeps up the EAA's "we'd rather make sure everything goes down in flames then anyone question our political supremacy over all mankind for even a moment."

>and they probably are still wondering just what the PHR had to do to get the Asgardans to shiv them
>>
So what are the suggested "normal" points limits for DZC and DFC?

I used to do 1500 for DZ, but I'm starting to feel like I'm not getting a lot of battlegroups at that level.
>>
>>53475995

DZC - 1500
DFC - 1250
>>
>>53476365
Thanks.
>>
>>53475995

For friendly games of DZ, I kind of like 1750 now. I doesn't really increase the game time that much and at that point level, you can have all your must takes while still fitting in something fun like a Seraphim.
>>
>>53475004

Don't bother spitting your ball fondling propaganda here. Long before we met him, the PHR was contacting him to make a deal focused only on opposing the UCM. He didn't care about anything, but controlling his little realm. He was never going to be UCM's friend and he certainly didn't care about the rest of humanity.

John Conner risked everything to save Eden Prime and he has. And like all true heroes of mankind is committed making every jelly pay.
>>
>>53477275
Yeah.

My biggest problem is fitting in a decent commander and FM air assests. 1500 just feels like you can't have both with sacrificing your ground forces something fierce.
>>
>>53477729

Well you got to be a little careful. I am sure you could start spamming stuff at that point cost.

However, DZ is pretty balanced so its not like there are that many free win spam units.They usually nerf stuff before it gets out of control.
>>
Well, just ordered my command cards, anyone got a list of some good ones?
>>
>>53479222
Which ones did you order?
I don't think you "build" a deck of cards, but have to use that specific list.
>>
File: 20170528_222413.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170528_222413.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Just finished some jelly frigates
>>
>>53480964
All of them, I know it's a fixed deck, but I'm just curious what the power level of the cards are.
>>
>>53481215
I'm not sure yet, but you should post and/or scan them so the rest of us can see.

Especially the UCM/Shaltari ones, since the PHR and Scourge have already been posted.
>>
>>53481147
Nice frigates, the scourge dfc stuff are some of the hardest models I've had to figure out how to paint ever
>>
>>53482160
Ghost Tints are your friend
>>
Errata making Corsair hit on 3+ when
>>
>>53484774

Errata giving Juno A1 an E8 gun.

>IFV kills other IFVs on a "6", might as well not be armed otherwise, WTF
>>
>>53485135

It wouldn't be a thing (the UCM makes do with worse), except it transports 10 because it's armed... and it functionally isn't. Would literally much rather have an Invader, which makes no pretense and is also a cheaper option than giving everything their own light dropship, which is another way the Juno is a weird design choice.

>knowing my luck, this is addressed by making the Triton more expensive
>>
>>53485135
>errata making Bear's machine gun and Albatross' HMGs hit on 3+ because why not, might as well make them a bit useful since they do technically exist

>errata giving Scourge heavy grav tanks A9
>errata making Invaders worthwhile, I'm not sure how to even do this one
>errata downgrading Destroyer passive save to 5+
>errata giving Desolator focused mode 12" range, and honestly just rethinking how wide mode works

>errata making Menchit cheaper and grouping it with Menchit A2 instead of Ares and Phobos
>errata making Janus cheaper or 2+ accuracy on missiles
>errata letting Valkyries get hit by reaction fire during jumps
>errata making Juno A2 guns 2+ to hit?
>errata generally buffing Taranis missiles

>errata giving Thunderbird 2+ accuracy
>errata reducing Leopard thermal lance to 1 shot instead of 2
>errata doing something to Tomahawks, I don't even know how something that seems so respectable on paper can be so useless

>errata giving Hannibal main gun an alternate fire mode that drops a template

Did I miss anything?
I know I missed the Ferrum, and while they're bullshit they're also the only thing keeping UCM relevant at a high level, so they're necessary bullshit atm.
>>
>>53486021
Any nerfs you can think of?
>>
>>53486287

Well, that Valkyrie one gives every Rapier guy a shit-eating grin.

The Destroyer one... long overdue.

I've dodged Leopards thus far, can't comment.
>>
>>53486287
For the Ferrum?

Remove scout entirely, it's unnecessary and causes drones to largely invalidate other scouts.
Make the AA and AT modes different profiles with the alt rule, since right now they just shred through skimmers like nothing else.
Possibly force the drones to choose between AA or AT when deployed, and to head back to the Ferrum if they want to change.

As for other nerfs, Helios might need one. But I'm not at all sure how to do it.
>>
>>53486520
Give their weapon profiles Limited-2 or something, with a special rule that once they run out of charges, they're considered "destroyed" (returning to the Ferrum) at no penalty to the player and no benefit to the opponent.
>>
>>53483151
This. Mine are by no means perfect but ghost tints do all the work
>>
R8 my homemade garbage, /dcg/.

Tulwar Super-Heavy Siege Tank: 96pts
A10, Mv4", CM:A, DP4
Type:Vehicle, Category:Heavy, S+C:1
Chemical Projector: E5, Sh9, Ac3+, R(F):9", R(C):9", MF:4", Arc:F/S, Special: Focus-3, Demo-D3, Flame
Transport: 1x Condor (1 unit)

I think I may have just gotten addicted homebrew. I just wanted to make one tank for fun and now I'm doing stats for missile halo lasers and logistical vehicles that don't even have a purpose in-game. Somebody please help.
>>
>>53488332
So, it's a broadsword that specializes in melting buildings and infantry?
How does flame interact with demo?

It sounds interesting, but I'm not so sure on the focus value, or the inclusion of focus at all. Maybe Focus-1 or Focus-2?
>>
>>53488501
>How does flame interact with demo?
It doesn't. Flame applies to shooting at infantry, while demo applies to shooting at buildings. There's no situation where they both kick in. Since it isn't an area weapon I don't think a miss against garrisoned infantry even hits the building.

The focus is pretty much the only thing making it any good at demo. E5 is unable to damage hardened buildings and only damages standard ones on a 6. With focus it can do 4 E8 shots or 3 E11 shots, which is much better and also can act as short range AT.
>>
>>53488608
I like it, it looks interesting! I forget the exact rules in relation to the Demo-D3, however; is the D3 rolled for each shot, or only once for the attack in all?
>>
>>53488649
>is the D3 rolled for each shot, or only once for the attack in all?
Huh. I don't actually know. I think the only weapons currently in the game with demo/deva values you roll for are single-shot.
>>
File: Mug of jellyfish tears.png (832KB, 1151x504px) Image search: [Google]
Mug of jellyfish tears.png
832KB, 1151x504px
>>
Is Overseer/Warrior-spam a thing?
>>
>>53489356
Nope. Take a look at the FAQ

>Q. Can you explain the combined fire rule for Scourge warriors, especially in conjunction with the Overseer?
>A. The combined fire rule can only ever be used to create one E11 hit per shooting base. This means that if used with the Overseer to double their shots, each base of warriors would fire 10 shots. As long as 3 or more of these hit, the base would create one E11 shot, which would then be reduced to E10 due to the Overseer’s rules. It does not matter how many hits more than 3 each base achieves, they may only ever change that to one high energy hit per base
>>
>>53488332
You kinda stacked to many special rules on there.
>>
>>53486021
Ferrums aren't even that powerful any more.

They went from a massive force multiplier to just a huge annoyance in a series of nerfs.

Panther still needs to get beat to death.
>>
>>53489762
Ferrum+Kodiak is level of absolute cancer that no other army can beat. A 2+ E13 template with scouts that can see pretty much everywhere, every turn?

Ferrums used to be absolutely broken as shit
>>
>>53489744
It's only 3 rules, 2 of which don't effect the same targets. It's not much different to some weapons with alternate fire modes.

>>53489762
They're still a pretty significant force multiplier, and they still invalidate all other scouts. I'd rate them as an autoinclude for any tourney list even after the nerfs, no matter what the rest of the force is composed of.
>>
>>53489815

It costs 273 points for a small E13 template. And it will be three turns before a drone really has a good targeting solution for anything out of view of standard scouts. Even more if you are smart with how you position stuff.

Its only great because it takes a unit you would already take and makes it useful (the kodiak).

There is a reason people still take Phoenix.
>>
>>53490271
Its pretty good unit, but for the price you pay you are mostly getting a unit that acts as a scout and deterrent now. The weapon nerfs means light AA will reduce the damage enough that there won't be enough E to damage your target unless you are shooting something extremely weak

Most games you opponent will have to fire at them to ensure they don't do damage. So the result is that they eat up AA shots and force positioning of units unless your opponent wants to start losing units. They only run amok now if the AA bubble gets weakened enough or if you opponent is careless and leaves a light dropship or something in range.
>>
>>53489443

Range extension, though.
>>
>>53489356

Is Overseer/Annihilator significantly better than just Annihilator?
>>
Bump
>>
File: lurking.jpg (192KB, 1020x547px) Image search: [Google]
lurking.jpg
192KB, 1020x547px
Don't mind me, thread.
>>
>>53494409
I don't think you bring an overseer just to walk with an annihilator, but it certainly helps. Getting to doubletap your goddamn pie plate is a big deal.
>>
Is double overseer still a valid thing for the Scourge, or was it nerfed enough?
>>
>>53498532
Explain
>>
>>53499494
The overseer used to have amazingly good AA I forget what it was nerfed to), and one meta was to take two overseers; one to head up with a tank line, the other to hand back and either defend the back line from air, or to buff up an annihilator.
>>
>>53497345
I wonder if we'll ever get something else to stick in the minivan.
>>
File: MFW FUCKING XENOS.png (63KB, 419x427px) Image search: [Google]
MFW FUCKING XENOS.png
63KB, 419x427px
>>
So when do the new sectors pieces and the other characters drop?
>>
>hate painting white enough to finally do something about it
>watching my color washes just disappear against a black prime/basecoat

There's just no winning
>>
>>53499549
The AA dropped 2 shots and it got 15 points more expensive. It's still top dog though and taking 2 is a valid tactic, all the nerf did was stop it from being completely broken.
>>
>>53505819
What are you doing about painting white? And why are you starting from Black if you're going for white?!
>>
>>53506740

Not painting white at all, done with white forever, completely changed color schemes to avoid it.
>>
File: fubuki found your AA shell.jpg (57KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
fubuki found your AA shell.jpg
57KB, 674x960px
>>53496759
Do you think the PHR would use boatslut-esque projections as the avatars for shipboard AI
>>
>>53507049
Do the ships even have a singular AI? I know the Scourge ship's have a gestalt "soul", but I was under the impression that PHR ships are commanded by a communal group of officers in cyberspace.
>>
File: aef1e2fe3bcb1f5f747772f185554a3f.jpg (117KB, 725x1479px) Image search: [Google]
aef1e2fe3bcb1f5f747772f185554a3f.jpg
117KB, 725x1479px
>>53507049
I don't doubt for a second that they would. I just hope gacha is illegal in the Post-Human Republic.
>>
>>53507049
Probably. That seems like just the sort of degenerate shit they'd do.

Those animals probably wouldn't even incorporate design elements of the ship into the clothing of the girl. Truly the worst.
>>
>>53507217
I'd guess that each officer would have a role-specific AI assigned to their "station" on the network.

If any single AI were to be pinned as the personifying avatar for the ship, it would probably be the one in charge of reporting shipwide status and damage reports.
>>
So is the Scimitar uselss? Looks cool; big ol' tank with a fuck-off laser, but overall it seems a wee underwhelming now that we have 3 books for DZC.
>>
>>53507049
>>53507240
>>53507335
>shipgirls
Reminder that the PHR officer corps is skewed in favor of females due to their ability to better integrate cybernetic enhancements. ShipBOYS up in this Republic
>>
>>53507361
It can move and shoot these days, so that's something.
>>
>>53507410
GAY

Also, it's not that females are better at cybernetic enhancements, it's just that they're better at controlling larger numbers of familiars and drones.
>>
>>53507361
Meh, it's okay for locking down a lane. Nobody enjoys being shot by 2 E11 guns and the autocrit on 6 is nice.
>>
I've been using tomahawks, but they're absolute shit. They're just so fragile, tarantulas hardly seem any better
>>
>>53509825
Do what the UCM does and just take your one minimum squad.
>>
>>53509825
Tomahawks aren't great. They do fuckall in small numbers and take points needed elsewhere if deployed in large numbers. As for toughness, Standard units aren't really meant to be tough. A7 sucks shit but the skimmer bonus and passive save help offset it.

Tarantulas are a lot better. Grav-cannons can really ruin a heavy unit's day. They're still going to die if someone is determined to kill them, but that's why they're cheaper than the heavy stuff.

>>53509938
desu I find even Sabres far more useful than Tomahawks. A10 forces the enemy to waste proper AT on their removal since most of the time some E9 shit isn't going to cut it, and they can competently hold a focal point or crit location in an army that relies far too much on non-scoring aircraft. Tomahawks are just somewhere an opponent can shovel their garbage weapons to get results, and Shaltari has far more effective options for holding ground.
>>
>>53501541
Totes. I'm hoping for a Carniveafultralisk thingy that charges across the field and eats some tanks while shaking off massed railgun fire like so many annoying mosquitoes.
>>
>>53507361
>>53507452
It's not useless, but it definitely has a lot of competition... most obviously the crossbow which does almost the exact same thing for half the price.
>>
>>53509825
>>53510170
>They do fuckall in small numbers and take points needed elsewhere if deployed in large numbers.
This sums it up. If you're going to take them, take 6 and use them to flank something vulnerable. The one thing they have over any other standard choice is threat range. Tomahawks are not really MBT's... as you observed they don't do a good job trading fire with other things in their weight class.

Think of them more like a ground based hunter-killer unit. Shoot them up one side of the table early, or 'port them into the backfield, and use them to hunt transports, artillery, and other lighter vehicles. E10 vs A10 isn't very impressive, but against A7 or A8 it does plenty.
>>
>>53511269
Tbf ive used them to decent effect with their movement speed as suicide units to try and kill Kodiaks and Ferrums
>>
File: 1474997778772.jpg (227KB, 714x586px) Image search: [Google]
1474997778772.jpg
227KB, 714x586px
>>53468183

Can anyone advise on the different DZC factions and rank them, based on your experiences?

> Most common / largest playerbase
> Most powerful
> Most difficult to play
> Most fun to play

As a newbie looking in, curious how the factions rank up.
>>
>>53516598
I haven't been able to play much, but from what I have played shaltari are some of the hardest to play.
>>
>>53516598
Very basic:
- UCM: Pleb shooty, all rounder marios.
- PHR: Elite shooty, tough but slow.
- Scourge: Fast, short range, fragile and aggressvie
- Shaltari: Fast, tricky hit-and-run all rounders
- Resistance: Cheap fast horde + tough, slow elites
>>
>>53517004

> UCM: Imperial Guard
> PHR: Space Marines
> Scourge: Tyranids
> Shaltari: Eldar
> Resistance: Orks
>>
>>53516598
Most common is probably UCM
Most powerful is currently maybe shaltari
Most difficult to play, resistance?
Most fun is difficult to say, as all armies have a few playstyles, it's not as if there's just a single viable list
>>
>>53516598
>Most common / largest playerbase
PHR, or possibly UCM simply because the latter is in the 2 player starter.

>Most powerful
Probably Shaltari. It can be hard to tell.

>Most difficult to play
Not sure. I've seen some people have a lot of trouble with Shaltari gimmicks while others struggle with how slow UCM can be. Scourge is another candidate with their glass cannon nature.

>Most fun to play
I'd say Scourge, but that is entirely down to you and how you like to play.
>>
File: 1476974318163.jpg (551KB, 1280x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1476974318163.jpg
551KB, 1280x1069px
>>53468183

pump
>>
>>53517040
Pretty much this, but I'd also add in some Tau to the Shaltari.
>>
>>53517040
>>53526018

The analogy doesn't really fit.

UCM: Are more like Halo's USNC. An upgraded modern military with lots of neat gadgets. They rely a lot more on gunships and air units that numbers and heavy tanks.

PHR: This one fits more like the Tau or Skitarii. They have a lot of high tech stuff with a mix of heavier units and highly mobile ones. Lots of firepower.

Scourge: Is hardly aren't really nid like.

Shaltari: probably the closest one

Resistance: These guys are IG. Lots of light units and infantry supported by super heavy tanks and large durable gunships. The only think orky about them are the buses and technicals. That hardly scratches the surface of the faction.
>>
I wanna ask about something that apparently no body in my gaming group has ever really thought about in wargames. What are your thoughts on conceding?

When is or isn't an appropriate time?

At times it can be super obvious you don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anything done, and continuing to game would only be for the 'benefit' of the other player, who also may not find it fun due to a already won fight dragging out.

How far gone would your army/board state have to be for you to concede? Would you hold it against someone if they concede before you would like them to?
>>
>>53528635
If it's pretty well a done deal(i.e. there's zero chance of you making a comeback) tben I see no harm in it. A game isn't fun if it's entirely one sided, and when the outcomr is clear then why drag it out?

It's not okay, however, to throw in the towel because your super unit you were banking on gets ganked. I've seen people who throw it in because their ultimate plan geta foiled and they can't even fathom changing their strategy.
>>
>>53528635
I typically concede once it seems almost impossible, even if units perform flawlessly, to win. This comes more from armada then my time playing DZC, but its not fun to try and play to win and then realize you can not in any way win. That said you can still play some more with your opponent, with an understanding that the game might be finished but things could still happen. I usually like to try and assassinate the commander after this concession, for instance, just to get a laugh out of myself and feel better.

It would need to be near the final turns of the game to offer that concession, and to have been pushed so far behind in terms of the game's objectives that there is no way of winning. Usually for DZC and DFC this means a loss of all objective units and an inability to secure objective locations. At that point I'll make it clear we can keep playing with my opponent aware they've won and now in charge of deciding how well they've won, with my new objectives being clear. (eliminating a commander, eliminating a powerful unit that should be difficult to kill, or preserving as many of my own units as possible.)
>>
>>53528635
I don't concede myself because it never really occurs to me, but if I'm completely dominating an opponent and they have no chance of winning then I see no problem with them giving up.

>>53528782
>I've seen people who throw it in because their ultimate plan geta foiled and they can't even fathom changing their strategy.
Mostly I see people do that when they're coming in from other games that are based more on combos than in-game tactical decisions, such as 40k. I guess some people can't shake the mindset.
>>
File: IMG_1745.jpg (45KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1745.jpg
45KB, 670x496px
Does anyone here build their own DZC terrain? I've been itching to scratch build something for a while, but I can't decide what material would be best for a block's worth of 10mm buildings. Balsa and paper are fragile, but pressed fiberboard seems like a pain in the ass to cut without shop tools.

Anyone have some good suggestions?
>>
I'd say try balsa and reinforce it with foamboard.
>>
>>53531159
Plasticard, maybe?
>>
>>53531159
I mean aren't what hawk sells card stock buildings? But yeah, plasticcard would probably also work
>>
There's plasticard buildings, but I can't remember who makes them. If you've got access to a laser cutter, that's easily the best option
>>
File: Aaru Caverns.jpg (252KB, 1016x554px) Image search: [Google]
Aaru Caverns.jpg
252KB, 1016x554px
From fluff, Aaru is probably the best cradle world to have been a citizen of- there's millions of them there still and if your cave is deep enough, Scourge don't bother you. They just piddle around in the upper caverns on the surface desert. The Apache ended up doing us a solid there, proxy-war against the Mongols or not.
>>
>>53536908
Which book is this fluff from?
>>
>>53507410
I'm down. /space ships/ where we at?
>>
Plastcraft games sells plasticard stuff

I think N-scale buildings for trainswork well
>>
>>53537524
Picture is on page 24 of reconquest phase 2
>>
File: IMG_1844.png (55KB, 800x1033px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1844.png
55KB, 800x1033px
>>53537645
The Mothman has abandoned us, more DFC botesluts never
>>
>>53539778
It is truly a sad time.

One of us must move near him to get enough games in to inspire him.
>>
>>53539778

But what about Shaltari boatsluts?
>>
File: originalcharacterdonotsteal.jpg (9KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
originalcharacterdonotsteal.jpg
9KB, 267x189px
>>53542045
>>
>>53542752
>Aztec color scheme is blue white and red
>autism hedgehog is blue tan and red
Mother FUCK
>>
Bump, survive thread!
>>
File: 020bf861e4[1].jpg (107KB, 755x544px) Image search: [Google]
020bf861e4[1].jpg
107KB, 755x544px
>>53544521
>[gotta go fast intensifies]
>>
File: 1485007601277.jpg (143KB, 728x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1485007601277.jpg
143KB, 728x1044px
>PHR are mostly painted
>Scourge are at tabletop standard
>command cards for both are on my shelf
>[urge to batrep intensifies]
Now I just need a regular opponent.
>>
>>53548417
L O N D O N?
Just kidding, D A L L A S?
>>
>>53539778
>current level of depression
>"eating cold chef boyardee out of the can in a dark room"
>>
>>53536908
You gotta hide underground but yeah probably. Its better than shangri-la or eden prime for sure.
>>
>>53551330

>not using a cigarette lighter to heat the can first
>>
>>53542752
Poor real life hedgehogs, hated now that they are related to Shaltari scum.
>>
>>53554264
>not trying to use cigarette lighter to heat the can but only managing to burn your fingers and spill half the chef boyardee so you have to go to sleep hungry and in pain
>>
How are dropfleet tournaments meant to work when the game takes 3 hours per game?
>>
>>53554264
>>53555208
Not doing it all while on the toilet, wearing only underwear and socks
>>
>>53556981
1250 point lists with truncated ground combat / ground scoring rules, three round format, schedule a day-long 7 hour event instead of cramming it into an evening on a work day

I hate that even srs gaming has failed to survive the rush of the modern age. Casual babby games shall reign for a thousand years, abandon hope all ye of strategic thinkin'
>>
>>53558004
I've struggled to complete 1250 in 3 hours
>>
File: tg and k go fishing.jpg (316KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tg and k go fishing.jpg
316KB, 1280x1440px
>>53468396
>Get bent xenophiles.
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>53558773
How many points are the starter boxes? Cause I've been able to play a game at that level in around an hour.
>>
>>53558811
Did they actually make this into anime?
That's hilarious.
>>
>>53558855
About 650ish
>>
>>53507353
you know there's probably a bunch of AI hierarchy in place on a ship like that. I wonder if PHR AI can live forever or if they do the Halo thing of thinking themselves to death.
>>
File: IMG_2145.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2145.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>cleaning Type-4 canopy
>outer surface suddenly peels away to reveal this
You alright in there, Marcus?
>>
>>53563296
G R E E N
S T U F F
>>
>>53563296
You could also ask Hawk to send a replacement. They will probably give you a new one. And then you could still green stuff this one.
>>
>>53558811
If the lizard aliens or whatever come back with a burning hatred for the Scourge then that's fine. But a featureless spherical robot with no sex drive that is likely to betray you anyway? That's the worst choice for your xenophilia even when the other options are backstabbing spiky greys and genocidal brain slugs.
>>
>>53566910
>But a featureless spherical robot with no sex drive that is likely to betray you anyway?
Yes please, there's nothing curvier than a sphere.
except for higher dimensional spheres
>>
>>53563296
I'd say embrace it, and turn that pit into a source of glowing power.
>>
>>53566910
>the lizard aliens come back
This raises an interesting point: could we see more alien races in the game? I feel like having fivr factions is fine and dandy for right now, but surely the Scourge haven't wiped out EVERYTHING in the galaxy.

Would allow more factions in DFC since, let's be honest, the Resistance will likely never get their own navy.
>>
>>53568811
Dave has already confirmed that there's a fifth faction in the works (the ubiquitous "Faction X"), we just know nothing about it.

We're expecting it to drop in the first DFC expansion, or in DZC 2.0 (after phase 3 is done)
>>
>>53568888
Ah, must've missed that.
>>
>>53568888
Apparently they're going to be in DFC before DZC.

Unless the shit really hits the fan for the UCM in Phase 3 I wouldn't expect it to be the lizard dudes though. The Scourge are already losing pretty hard, so a whole new faction that wants to kill them would probably end up succeeding.
Either the Sphere's creators or whatever 'threat to all life' it seems scared of are more likely. Or maybe they're one and the same.
>>
>>53569109
Could be something else? Maybe something none of the races have encountered before? Something new from some far flung corner of the galaxy.
>>
>>53569222
Sure, we haven't been told anything about them other than that they exist. It could be a race of mutant fishmen from Aluminia for all we know.
>>
File: dfc-ukge1.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge1.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
PHR + Shaltari Battlecruisers
>>
File: dfc-ukge2.jpg (80KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge2.jpg
80KB, 720x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge-3.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge-3.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge4.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge4.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
More on the Advanced Sectors
>>
File: dfc-ukge5.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge5.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge6.jpg (205KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge6.jpg
205KB, 1072x1440px
back to battlecruisers
>>
File: dfc-ukge7.jpg (256KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge7.jpg
256KB, 1072x1440px
>>
File: dfc-ukge8.jpg (90KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge8.jpg
90KB, 960x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge9.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge9.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge10.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge10.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge11.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge11.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
>>
File: dfc-ukge12.jpg (119KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dfc-ukge12.jpg
119KB, 960x960px
>>
>>53568811

The UCM 'missing ships' mentioned in every book are generally agreed-upon by players to be foreshadowing of a new alien race (though UCM command is chalking it up to the Scourge)
>>
>>53571153
>>53571158
>>53571165
>>53571180
>>53571195
>>53571207
>>53571219
>>53571228
>>53571238
>>53571248
>>53571255
>>53571266

>UCM
Looking pretty damn good, honestly. It has some nice bulk on the ventral prong.
Overall a bit iffy on the dorsal and ventral 4200's, I think it diverges from convention in a weird way, but overall nice.

>Scourge
Pure sex, like, god damn. I love how integrated the weapons are.

>PHR
Interesting fins, the massive bottom one is particularly nice looking. The overbite is more than usual PHR ships, but it looks very sleek.

>Shaltari
I love it, personally; the wing design is similar but unique to the cruiser wings, and is somewhere in bulk between the Battleship and the cruiser.
I like how they're all mounted on the front, on two hardpoints.
>>
They're all looking good, but the Shaltari one would be better with slightly longer arms imo. They're kinda stubby.

I'm just glad the UCM and Scourge ones look nice, their KS battlecruisers (except maybe Manticore) were awful imo.
>>
>>53571207
>>53571248
Well fuck, I gotta own this.
>>
>>53571394
>I'm just glad the UCM and Scourge ones look nice, their KS battlecruisers (except maybe Manticore) were awful imo.
Wut?

The Atlantis and Avalon were perfectly fine, and the Basilisk just looked wonky at certain angles.
>>
>>53571455
I really wasn't a fan of how the Atlantis and Avalon had that huge underbite, the whole lower part stuck out horribly like some sort of tumour. Again, imo.
The new ones look a lot better since they were obviously designed around it and the weapons are more integrated into the hull.

Basilisk's oculus phalanxes look like shit. Those bars are hideous and the shape contrasts so much with the big hat that the whole ship becomes a mess.
>>
>PHR BC isn't vertical
o-ok ;_;
>>
>>53571153
>>53571207
>>53571248
Anyone have any idea when these will be released?
>>
Never ever.
>>
>>53571153
Which event is this from? Any other cool news?
>>
>>53576518
UKGE, UK gaming expo
>>
>>53571153
Funny that the UCM and Scourge BCs are remarkably different from the KS models, while the Agamemnon just has different fins and bow shape and the Adamant is the same design with more details and smoother layout.
Not that I mind, the Leonidas already looked great and the Shaltari weapon prong style lends itself to retaining the same shape.
>>
File: IMG_2165.jpg (53KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2165.jpg
53KB, 639x478px
>two hours to the bottom of the catalog
thread is kill
>>
>UCM makes 88mm cannon
>E9
>EAA makes 90mm cannon 190 years ago
>E9
>PHR makes 90mm cannon
>E7
Looks like the shiny spacemen may have lost their touch with conventional cannons.
>>
>>53582939
>caliber is everything
I think the main thing with the EAA is actually that their shit is REALLY GOOD, even compared with UCM stuff.
It's just heavy, overengineered, and expensive for what it brings to the table.
>>
>>53583629
A low velocity cannon would have shorter countered range, like the 120mm one on Enyo and Angelos. So unless it uses shit materials or something I'd expect it to at least do similar damage, if not the same.
>>
>>53582939

The real reason that the Juno sucks is that it's the only apc/dropship combo that is more expensive per infantry base transported than giving everyone their own light dropship.

The Huntsman cannon being a useless weapon just means there is no temptation to be points-inefficient or forgo maximum unit articulation.

It's almost a service.
>>
>>53584442

....WHY isn't it E9 though???
>>
>>53584442
Yeah, but if it shot good it would at least be some kind of alternative. An APC that can kill other APCs at decent range ain't bad. It's not as good as Angelos getting demo and flame, but something is better than nothing.
>>
>>53584442
Juno's crap cannon's an artifact of the earlier era of game. where they were afraid to make E8 weapons at all it seems (due to probably never being able to harm anything UCM). But even E8's solid as it then threatens skimmer tanks reasonably and is good at demo.

E7's an awful place where it really doesn't threaten anything. Too big for killing scouts or troops, and too small for hurting armor.

IMO, all APCs should be able to move full speed and pickup/drop troops. That'd make ground movement much more useful for troop mobility, allowing 8 inch door-to-door dashes for most APCs.
>>
BC bump
>>
>>53571266
>that bulk on the Ruby
>>
I really wish missile defense was tied to a support or defensive module rather than inetics.
>>
>>53585584
>where they were afraid to make E8 weapons at all it seems
Seems like initially there was a lot of E7 in PHR because they preferred range over power for their low-tier AT. Compare their E7 rail rifles and stealth missiles to the shorter ranged E8/9 UCM missiles and Scourge plasma hoses.

E7 isn't terrible for offing scouts and artillery (and some ultralight Shaltari/Resistance shit) but an APC isn't the tool for either of those jobs. They don't have time to go flanking, they have troops to take care of. That's why the Angelos works as a multirole vehicle when the Juno doesn't, building demo and garrison clearance are both roles that can be comfortably done while still attending to infantry. While hunting scouts/arty and... whatever the fuck the Juno A2 is supposed to do can't be done while attending to your infantry. I think making the Juno more competent at self-defence and demo with E8 or 9 would definitely help it become something vaguely resembling an option.
>>
Command cards are on Hawk's site.
>>
>>53589181
The actual contents or just purchase?
>>
>>53589201
The card packs for sale, of course. Just in time for my nearly complete free shipping order.
>>
>>53571255
This is really bugging me, but the design of the bottom prongs LOOKS skew, even though I know it isn't.
>>
>>53571238
I don't think I'll be able to play with the Scourge battlecruiser without turning it around and pretending it's a squid about to strike. Think it's easily the best looking of the four, at least.
>>
File: IMG_2185.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2185.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>53594830
>backwards Akuma
[BWOOOMMMMMMM intensifies]
>>
>>53594830
But where would the lasers go?
>>
Command cards bump
>>
>>53598292
The same place real squids keep theirs.
>>
File: IMG_2193.png (425KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2193.png
425KB, 900x1200px
>>53598423
FOOL! YOUR BATTLESHIP HAS STRAYED INTO MY ADMIRALTY CARDPLAY ZONE AND WILL NOW PAY THE PRICE

I REMOVE "ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT" FROM MY HAND LOCATION AND PLACE IT INTO MY ACTIVE ADMIRALTY CARDPLAY ZONE

YOUR ADMIRAL IS NOW BANISHED TO THE MEDBAY FOR A DURATION OF NO LESS THAN ONE TURN

ALL YOUR SHIPS SUFFER A NUMERICAL PENALTY OF EXACTLY EIGHT TO THEIR STRATEGICAL ACTIVATION INDEX

I
END
MY
TURN
>>
>>53599677
gonna get real tired of playing that card and never having my operatives succeed at their job

c'mon guys get your shit together
>>
>>53599758
>implying the mission objective wasn't a diversionary "failed assassination" in the first place
Half the military action the PHR throws at the UCM is just a prank, bro
>>
>>53601075
>implying based Barros is so low as to prank
>>
>>53603282
He'd happily prank some robots to get some androidpuss. Fucking robochad
>>
>>53603704
>android
>puss
anon...
>>
I want to fuck a Taipei
>>
File: IMG_2201.png (834KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2201.png
834KB, 852x1200px
>>53605516
Frigates are not for lewd
>>
>>53605788
>>53605516

Taipei isn't even good looking
>>
Rolled 6 + 4 (1d6 + 4)

>>53605858
I'll fucking fight you faggot. Put 'em up.
>>
File: 1474792462610.png (782KB, 797x788px) Image search: [Google]
1474792462610.png
782KB, 797x788px
Rolled 2, 2, 4, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 3, 4 + 1 = 35 (10d6 + 1)

>>53605858
>>53606785
Whip out your PD lad. You got ten missiles and one kind of underwhelming gun coming your way.
>>
>corvettes are out
>they look good
>BC's are out
>they look good

>tfw can only think what the dreadnoughts or destroyers or, hell, new variants for existing classes might look like for the next expansion

I can never get off this ride, can I?
>>
File: USS Phalanx.jpg (224KB, 1190x750px) Image search: [Google]
USS Phalanx.jpg
224KB, 1190x750px
>>53607671
Did the raging ship fetish come before or after DFC?
>>
>>53607905
Before, very before.
We're talking MOO2 before.
>>
>>53607671
>I can never get off this ride, can I?
No.

I wonder how they're going to work in new classes though in terms of model. Would they be add-on packs to attach to frigates/cruisers from the original blister? A separate blister that shares the same hull but has different weapon options? Or entirely new designs?
>>
>>53608040
I feel like it's either going to be an entirely new blister with different options rather than just an addon pack.

A new hull is possible, but less likely, although I wouldn't mind seeing redone UCM stuff in the style of the Saratoga/Athens and Johannesburg/Perth.
>>
I'm just so sad that the PHR Battleship wasn't in any way shape or form a vertical bananaship. It looks too similar to the other class... while the Perth looks like it's from a freaking different faction almost with how thin it's shape is.
>>
Anyone visit hawk at UKGE?
>>
>>53605858

That not why Barros gave her the old Type-4, anon. It wasn't even hate-sex, really. It's more that he took Medea's innings- it was an honorable and moving thing. Do not bully the Medea, she has a big brother (in the spiritual sense, he's pretty much a backpack keychain to her).

>although it did make me think of a wind-driven scorpion trying to rape a whale
>>
>>53610618
This post hurts to read. Are you okay, anon?
>>
Survive thread!
>>
>>53616409
I'm hoping the dead silence means people are busy at UKGE and not a sign of the end times.

Any fellow Ameriburgers here with a decent playgroup? I've got a grand total of four people from my LGS reasonably interested, but it's a pain in the ass to coordinate people with busy schedules.
>>
File: 20170604_195754.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_195754.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I posted the frigates before in a previous thread but here's the rest of my scourge
>>
>>53618812
Looking pretty good, anon. I feel like the spines could use a highlight, metallic or not, to help separate them from the hull and break it up.
>>
>>53563296
A lot of people are saying 'green stuff it' but really this shouldn't be acceptable quality for a miniature you pay money for.

You should ask for a replacement.
>>
>>53619889
I half-agree, except for the fact that it's an exceptionally easy fix.
There's nothing wrong with asking for a replacement, not in the slightest, but I personally don't think it's worth the time to wait when you can just fill in the gap and smooth it down.

Now, if it was a far more detailed and complex section of the model then I agree.
>>
Why must Bellerophon be so good mechanically and yet so ugly? It's like a curse.
>>
File: bell.png (509KB, 661x421px) Image search: [Google]
bell.png
509KB, 661x421px
>>53622447
I can't stand the underbite of their heavy cruisers, so I did a very simply modification to have the front tips line up. This is the high tech mock up I did before modeling it to see how it would look.
>>
>>53622447
>>53622613
>not liking the underbite
>>
>>53619080
Good point! I'll try a metallic drybrush to break up some of the large areas
>>
File: this will be our finest hour.gif (3MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
this will be our finest hour.gif
3MB, 360x202px
>>53625517
Hey man, if you're willing to convince yourself that something blatantly hideous looks good then more power to you. But don't go trying to convince us that your ugly ship isn't ugly.

tfw the entire UCM range looks fucking sweet, glory to mankind
>>
>>53628186
>tfw no Ragnarov or Ankylon tier ships
>>
>>53628186
What game?
>>
>>53630482
Sins of a solar empire. It's got some great mods and the base game is kick ass! Though it is only skirmish or pvp.
>>
>>53630712
Looks cool, thanks anon!
>>
>>53629667
>no Ragnarov or Ankylon tier ships YET
>>
>>53633028
>turreted Pandora lasers
[Terror]
>>
File: Fuckjellytiltheeend.jpg (71KB, 800x442px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckjellytiltheeend.jpg
71KB, 800x442px
My command cards have arrived!

"It;s been an honour serving with you. For mankind, we'll make our end mean something!"

-Captain Cain - UCMS Viceroy, Fortitude Star Recipient
>>
>>53636879
What do they have?
>>
My favorite card is Superior Numbers, gain 3 toulons or one Rio with outlier.
>>
4 Espionage – same as DZ
2 Taking the initiative – can use a battleground to active with standard orders over the enemy one
2 Mass Transit System – Ground assets may move between clusters that are 24 inches of each other (they become linked like DZ)
2 Re-calibrated targeting – Pick a weapon on a ship, you may reroll misses, only effects first burnthrough roll, does not affect bombers or CA.
4 Expert Repair Crews – All crippling damage results are repaired without rolling, does not affect things that have no roll like corruptor, also repairs 2 hull
2 Admiral Directive – Battlegroup is revealed with -4 SR
3 Intensify Defense Point - -1 to PD roll requirement on a single ship
2 Dissipate Energy – Remove all spikes form this ship
1 Jam Comms- Targeted group can only do standard orders this turn
3 Launch Chaff – Target ship has sig 0 during a single enemy battlegroup activation, spikes still apply after
2 Orbital Targeting matrix – Groups weapon system can fire from high to low or low to high with no penalty
2 Skillful Shot – +2 roll on the damage location table for a crippled ship
>>
>>53636976
> 3lons
Yes. Yessss. I'm gong to model a dedicated squadron just for this.
>>
2 Detonate Drives – When rolling for catastrophic damage on one of your ships, roll automatically counts as a 6 shit may be modified as normal so ships with 10 or more hull auto get distortion bubble
1 Local Resistance – Add 4 friendly infantry or 2 armor tokens to a sector of your choice, if this card is prevented with espionage the opponent that plays it gains to infantry tokens instead
2 Fighter Aces – Fighters remain in play until the next launch fighters phase even if used
2 Next-gen armor plating – reroll any armor saves that do not normally ignore armor
1 Naval Intelligence – look at your opponents strat deck then you may alter yours as you see fit.
2 Infiltrate and Sabotage – Each Sector in this cluster takes D3 damage with no armor saves or Space Stations take D6 damage with no armor saves, Roll for collateral damage as if the sector had been damaged by a shooting attack
2 Ships of the Reconquest – When scoring this turn ships with M H or S tonnage in this battlegroup count as 5 higher than normal
3 Colonial Legions – Any infantry and armor in this cluster or space station may re-roll any armor saves taken this turn while in this cluster or space station
2 Formation Defense – Until their next activation, ships in this group that do not already have aegis gain aegis 3
2 Atmospheric Bombing Run – Bombers launched from this ship gain the Atmospheric and Air to Air Special rules until the end of their turn, their targets must be within thrust range
3 Mass Driver Volley – All ships with Mass driver in the name gain +1 Attack value for this turn, all ships in a this battlegroup
2 Overcharge lasers – one friendly ship, this ship may fire a single burnthrough twice this turn and only count as firing 1 weapon. This ship may not fire any weapons next turn.
>>
2 Gunnery Masters – ships may fire one more weapon system than normal, but those that do gain a minor spike.
1 Superior Numbers – You gain either 1 Rio or 3 Toulon, they become part of the targeted battlegroup. They make a new group , but do not add their strat rating to the battlegroup. This group also gains the outlier special rule and starts in readiness
>>
>>53637356
I wish I had thought of that idea, but I am certainly going to steal it!
>>
File: IMG_2173.jpg (120KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2173.jpg
120KB, 413x600px
>>53637462
>Local Resistance countered by Espionage gives opponent infantry
Deepest lore
>>
>>53638027
You gotta make sure to bank a few Espionage cards to counter troll your opponent.
>>
Jesus that's an incredible deck. Almost everything has a solid use.

It's almost like the opposite of most DZC decks.
It also really puts the edge on when to blow Espionage, since DZC decks only had a few high performers you'd save up for specifically. Now, is it REALLY worth espionaging to defeat Launch Chaff, or that PD boost? Or do you fear a super laser attack from the Avalon?
>>
ok, you got me interested and sorry if I bother.
I want to know about DFC & DZC, what are their differences (gameplay, armies, balance and such) and how should one get started on it? personally I would be kind of more fond to DFC because I like the Spaceships, how close is DFC to let's say X-wing?
>>
>>53642506
Dropfleet is the Space Navy game, mostly focused on low orbit D-day landing operations.
Dropzone is the Space Army game, mostly focused on urban combat.

Both games play with elegant rules that allow sophistication with a pretty simple ruleset, and alternating activations.

DFC is a bit easier to start. Just buy any starter for a pretty decent game (though you won't have enough troop carrying ships), or two starters and a battleship or battlecruiser for pretty much a full fleet.

It's different than X-Wing, and I like it a lot more than Armada.
>>
>>53642608
oh I see. correct me if I'm wrong but I kinda got the impression both games can be played at the same time? I know it sounds funny but thinking int the names and the brief description you gave me makes me think in that.

DFC was first in being made? I mean about the part that you say is a bit easier to start to learn.
>>
>>53642797
They can be. There's rules for linking both games for either campaign, or simultaneous play.

I did a simultaneous game once, where one objective sector in Dropfleet (ie, a city) was the board in the second game two other players were running. We flew in, battling each other, bombing the surface, taking ground-to-space fire, and crashing frigates into atmosphere and crushing one player's commander by debris...
>>
>>53642930
>They can be. There's rules for linking both games for either campaign, or simultaneous play.
just look at that. I wonder how many games can do that?
ok you got me. I'm looking at the price tags right now.
>>
>>53643036
For DFC a starter fleet + cruiser box + frigate box will get you a mostly functional mid-small sized fleet.
>>
>>53642797
Dropzone came out around 2012, Dropfleet is almost a year old now. Dropfleet just has significantly simpler terrain and line of sight rules, and lacks Dropzone's semi-complicated transport system.
>>
>>53643153
>>53643219
thanks. I'll try to snatch a pack given the chance.
>>
>>53643308
An alternate option is 2x starter sets, alone or split with a m80.
$180 for two fleets and two rulebooks.
>>
File: Recreational Kodiaks.png (133KB, 641x821px) Image search: [Google]
Recreational Kodiaks.png
133KB, 641x821px
>>
>>53646117
>despite the aliens preparing to leave in a few years anyway
What is this fresh meme?
>>
>>53646145
Scourge seeder ships, anon. They're a nomadic species that don't seem to stick around on worlds for long, especially if they can't get host breeding to work.
>>
>>53646145
>>53646180

It is hinted they are leaving, but the UCM doesn't really know that. In fact, they didn't know much about the Scourge.

It is hinted that the ball lickers we waiting out for the Scourge to depart for Shaltari Space, but that has not been proven.
>>
>>53646180
They wouldn't start sending out seed ships just before it's time to leave. They'd do that early, and wouldn't stop until they found another target. The Scourge method for finding new hosts (or finding the Shaltari or whatever seed ships are for) is fucking terrible and almost entirely luck-based, so you'd want to maximize your chances by starting production immediately after conquering a civilisation.

If they were building warships and transports that would be more of an indication they were going to leave. But there are plenty of resources still unexploited, plenty of science only half done, and plenty of humans still being bred. Cloning doesn't seem to be working out, but even the Scourge can't possibly be such miserable fuck-ups that they're unable to keep a host species going by conventional means for a few centuries.
>>
>>53648669
Isn't it suggested that the scourge can't build more ships or something?

And also that the scourge shipyard are outside of earth space, implying that earth and the cradle world's aren't the limit of scourge territory
>>
>>53648735
>Isn't it suggested that the scourge can't build more ships or something?
That's specifically about battleships, since there's none that look younger than about 500 years.

>And also that the scourge shipyard are outside of earth space, implying that earth and the cradle world's aren't the limit of scourge territory
It does, but it also implies that Scourge territory likely isn't expansive since if it was they'd have wiped the floor with the UCM by now.
>>
>>53648856
It'll be interesting to see what else the scourge have.
>>
>>53648669
problem is, the infestation process sterilizes the human host. Once the jelly has taken over the body its core body temperature spikes and stays up, making the body too hot to produce viable sperm in the case of dudes. Pretty sure it fucks up ovaries too. So conventional breeding is actually not working out too hot at all for them.
>>
>>53648856

That's actually useful data. While Scourge were apparently building military equipment right up until the point they hit the EAA (or near enough), it's been at least *that* long since they had access to an orbital yard capable of building a battleship and the resources to make it run. It may have spanned their Lizard-phase entirely, even.
>>
>>53651096
It could be that battleships represent an unacceptable expenditure of resources to create bodies for too few Jellies. Especially if they captured EAA shipyards, which weren't daemon -sized.

I was absolutely under the impression they did make regular ships though, like their new BCs.
>>
It's also possible that if there is a scourge home base, they either aren't united or cut their various broods off and don't support them.

Though it would amuse me if it turned out major scourge factions were split in a us vs su cold war, but with both factions adjusted up the collectivist scale because > scourge.
It would also enable scourge v scourge matches, so shaltari wouldn't be the only 'can fight anyone' army.
>>
>>53652182
The UCM does have occasional insurrections and officers gone rogue, while the PHR probably has phenomenal simulator software. Even the Scourge have to deal with the odd batch of elderly Scourge going senile and murdercrazy all at once.
Not to mention the Resistance, which should speak for itself.
>>
>>53653838
I missed the resistance, but > DropFleet
I'm pretty dubious about UCM civil wars though.
>>
>>53654740
Wolfrum penal insurrection
>>
>>53656498

>where UCM battlecruisers got their trial by fire, canonically.
>>
>>53656498
How did a bunch of chainlegs muster a space fleet to resist invasion?
>>
>>53659022

It's only a "Penal Insurrection" if they lose, anon. It's probably more along the lines of millions of people really grokking that they're being worked to death, a couple hundred thousand grokking that they're being exploited, a few hundred seizing a once-in-a-lifetime chance for advancement and there you have a decent running shot at getting a planetary state with existing assets in place.
>>
>>53650482
Artificial insemination of some unjellied females. It's kind of finicky, but you could scrape together enough memories to make it work and it gets you a bunch of fresh hosts.
>>
File: 20170607_004722.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_004722.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
First Jellie ship painted (I'm lobster scourge guy)

After failing to find a scheme I liked after 3 practice cruisers, I've just given up and settled for the one I hate the least
>>
>>53661858
believe in youself anon

you are a beautiful paintmaster
>>
>>53661858
Pretty good, anon; what hightlights and secondaries are you going for?
>>
>>53661858
Nice color, I like it. Did you get that with a glaze?
>>
>>53663565
You are too kind, sweet /dcg/ anon

>>53665890
>>53663565

Usual platemetal undercoat, wash black, glaze with army painter red tone (which actually went really purple/violet oddly) adn then a bit of bloodletter to make it reddish like my ground troops.

Not sure I can be bothered to do anything else, I've got 80 DFC ships to paint and I already want to die
>>
>>53669467
Some light grey on the spine and ribbing would look good.
>>
>>53650169
I figure we'll eventually get the first scourge ship as a dreadnought or something. There's gotta be something as ancient as them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the only ship they were really sentimental about.
>>
>>53674915

What do we know of Scourge Dreadnaughts anyway? I think the fluff made references to them at some point, but I can't off the top of my head remember what it was.
>>
>>53675119
The fluff referenced something about their battleships being big and old, but the superdreadnoughts were bigger and older
>>
>>53648856
>>53650169
>>53651096

It is likely that the swarm of scourge moves as a whole. There wasn't a need to maintain that many battleships and large ships are kept in reserve for the next invasion.

It is interesting to see what might happen with the scourge. They are still getting their shit pushed in. It will make it harder and harder for them to surprise invade another race now. Even if they turned focus on the UCM and somehow win, they will be very depleted. Not in very good shape when their human bodies start collapsing.
>>
>>53675119
Earth has a couple of "Super Dreadnaughts" in orbit, which haven't been seen in action since they dusted the EAA fleet back in the initial invasion.
The UCM wasn't entirely sure if they were more than a legend spread by survivors until their stealth recon ships swept the inner system.
>>
How does a Shaltari Dreamsnare brick work? I'm getting errors in the DZC builder when I try to put Leopard and a Dreamsnare in the same Warfist battlegroup.
>>
File: sathanas.jpg (38KB, 640x403px) Image search: [Google]
sathanas.jpg
38KB, 640x403px
>>53676989
>>
File: BnlzkhU.jpg (113KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
BnlzkhU.jpg
113KB, 720x720px
>>53680389
>Back armor plating is literally razor blades
>>
Hardest faction to paint?
>>
>>53682119
Pick a faction that isn't UCM and you'll find something tricky to paint.
>smooth blank contours
>spikes and gems
>contours, spikes, veins
Overall I'd say Scourge.
>>
>>53682119

It is scourge. Hogs are much easier to paint than they look. It is just time consuming.
>>
>>53679223
Which error in particular? Mouse over it and it'll tell you.
>>
>>53683764
>Battlegroup may not have more than one squad
>>
>>53683980
What size game are you playing at?
>>
>>53684023
I have it set to 999/Skirmish for a demo game.
Aaaaand the game size caps the number of groups within a battlegroup. My mistake.

Guess I'll have to use 1000/Clash to get full use out of my painted collection for now.
>>
>>53684097
I wouldn't bring a Dreamsnare/Leopard brick to a demo game anyway. Actually I wouldn't even bring Shaltari to a demo game, but if that's all you have then sure.
>>
>>53679223
>How does a Shaltari Dreamsnare brick work?
Dreamsnare + 1 or 2 Leopards

2/3 Edens or 1 Gaia

Drop them in right on top of some fuccboi.

Laugh as you shit out 4/7 E12 shots with 4+ passive saves on your shit.
>>
File: 1464608971451.png (69KB, 564x325px) Image search: [Google]
1464608971451.png
69KB, 564x325px
>>53685744
Oh shit, I forgot the Leopard's main gun had two shots. No wonder the brick gets hyped so much.
>>
>Check out FLGS Scratched/Damaged shelf
>Dropzone stuff heavily discounted
>Pickup up two player box set, Scourge starter, Cityscape and Ruinscape for a grand total of $60ish
>Contents are all there and intact, boxes were just a little messed up

Feels good man. Any Recommendations on what to pick up next?
>>
File: Scourge Oppressor.jpg (139KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge Oppressor.jpg
139KB, 960x640px
>>53687119
That's a fucking amazing deal, consider me jelly.
Get a giant enemy crab for command antics, and a Kodiak + some UCM aircraft if you want both factions.
>>
>>53687333
Alright, I'll make a note of those. Are there any units I should avoid? I have a general idea of how stuff is based on experience with prior wargames, but until I get a few games under my belt I don't want to make any assumptions.
>>
>>53687448
Scourge has a few stinkers.
Corsairs are terrible, by far the worst fast mover in the game. 1 shot at 4+ accuracy is not what I'd call a worthwhile use of 60 points.
Vampires are basically worthless. Poor AA shot with terrible range that can't reaction fire. Get Minders instead if you want cheap AA drones.
Invaders are a bad transport for your troops. Yes they can carry an extra base, but they're much slower, less versatile and harder to hide away compared to Intruders.
Tormentors aren't as bad as the others, but they're still pretty bad. Flame units need to either be cheap or multirole, and the Tormentor is neither. Not to mention that you don't really even need flame as Scourge, since you have several troop options that are incredible in CQB.
Desolators aren't great either, though they're not totally worthless. Their primary purpose is to use that big ion storm to attack a bunch of units all at once, but it hits your own guys (who will be nearby because Desolators like to have escorts and your entire army prefers to fight at short range) and is generally not worth it.

For UCM, I dunno. Praetorian snipers maybe? They don't really have any proper duds like the other factions. Before phase 2 I'd have said Bears, but they're the only transport option for Flak and Mortar teams so even they have a place now.
>>
>>53680684

I think most of us were too terrified of the starkilling superlasers in the front of the thing to pay all that much attention to the rear and flanks.
>>
>>53689028
You always gotta pay attention to the rear. It's the most important part.
>>
File: 2017-03-25 11.50.14.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25 11.50.14.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Older photo of my space scheme
>>
>>53687897
>Desolators aren't great either, though they're not totally worthless. Their primary purpose is to use that big ion storm to attack a bunch of units all at once, but it hits your own guys (who will be nearby because Desolators like to have escorts and your entire army prefers to fight at short range) and is generally not worth it.

All the same the Desolator and the Overseer share a sprue (the new ones, at any rate) and the Overseer turns scourge plasma weapons on. Scourge has good scuttling (crab walkers), or good floater (hovering squids).

>and they both claim the Annihilator on their team
>>
>>53691071
Looks good! I'm thonking of doing my UCM in a dark blue, myself. Not sure on a secondary color just yet.
>>
>>53691071
>Longest antennae on the belly array has snapped off

Are you me? Out of everything I've touched, those always seem to be the most fragile.
>>
>>53693241

I've started just cutting them off as soon as I get them
>>
>>53693294
I used a pin vise to drill out a hole and put in a piece of wire. Sure it might bend, but it won't snap.
>>
>>53691071
Optimus Prime
>>
File: IMG_2276.jpg (131KB, 737x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2276.jpg
131KB, 737x640px
How many Tarantulas do I need to make a decent Ramses list? I can't get enough of these awesome Shaltari tripods.
>>
Putting these Marauders together is making me want to kill myself. These shelves are horrible.
>>
Still waiting for my DZC pledge. They only respond to like 1/5 emails. Hawk can die in a fire.
>>
>>53699447
>DZC pledge
You mean DFC?
>>
>>53699447
I certainly hope that isn't how you worded those emails, anon.
Have they told you what the status of your stuff is? I hear a handful ended up lost somewhere.
>>
>>53699604
>>53700089
Yes I meant DFC. I have been strung along since January. Every month or so they say something got messed up logistically and they will get right on it.

I don't even care anymore, I just want the stuff so I can sell it on eBay. I'd rather play a REAL game like Warmachine anyway.
>>
File: PoorQualityBait.jpg (7KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
PoorQualityBait.jpg
7KB, 625x626px
>>53700804
>>
>>53700804
>>
>>53700867
>>53700973

>Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
>>53701060

That is some shit tier bait.
>>
>>53701157
Which is why it shouldn't have been responded to.
>>
>>53698554
Then stop. Marauders are ugly chodes and you don't need them. Just drive on your Hunters and Reapers.
>>
>>53701319
Please, the mini server racks are adorable.
>>
>>53701375
Despoiler does it with 3 times the silly racks and also doesn't look like shit, so I'd go for one of those instead. Plus the extra plasma cannons are a fun time.
>>
>>53701319
Please do not bully Marauder-chan, she's trying her best
>>
>>53701437
At least it's better than the fucking Raider.
>>
>>53701555
I disagree, but I respect your stance. The Raider's design is moronic and terrible in concept but they at least didn't bungle the execution. I'll make fun of the Raider for being a dumb flying van, but I won't refuse to run it entirely like Marauders.
>>
File: disgusted.jpg (205KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
205KB, 2000x1000px
>Finally get around to putting together some of my battlecruisers form the KS
>Plastic for BC parts is gray, flexible, and bent from shipping/storage with some seriously ugly flash

Wh-why? I would imagine the heating/straightening/cooling trick works with this, but why use this board game grade plastic?
>>
>>53701948
Mine was resin, normal Hawk resin. If it's flexible something is hella wrong, maybe email them about it
>>
File: BC softies.jpg (669KB, 1328x1494px) Image search: [Google]
BC softies.jpg
669KB, 1328x1494px
>>53701997
This is what I got. It's just slightly darker gray than the hard white stuff that the BC/frigate sprues are made of.

But that top pic is me putting just a little pressure on it with my sausage fingers.
>>
>>53702271

Just had a play with my PHR stuff and it's the same. Looks like the same material as everything else, I just haven't seen it in a thin piece before.
>>
New thread, commanders

>>53702388
>>53702388
>>53702388
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.