[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg- Horus Heresy General - Stormwhale Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 73

File: 1456690802665.png (382KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1456690802665.png
382KB, 640x360px
Fast Attack-Best Attack Sub-Edution

Previous Thread: >>53379161

>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
>>
Is there any other fluff about AI other than the SW Exemplary Battle? That was pretty damn cool, but the yiffs got in the way of the badass pseudoorganic killing machines fighting the Skitarii. Might be something cool for the ideas book.

Also, Whalebird parts are now on order from a dozen different places.
>>
>>53405366
Reposting from old bread. I was considering light drybrushing/highlights of red over black like one anon mentioned a few threads back. Anyone have any examples and experience, or will it just end up looking like shit?

also second for the Iron Tenth
>>
>>53410438
>
There is the 30k short called "The Kaban Project", which is about discovery of an AI by the Mechanicum.
The short is also in HH book 22 "Shadows of Treachery"
>>
>>53410438
And there's also one of the Iron Hands novels, that I believe also ends with a big fight against an AI controlled army (and the engine itself).
>>
>>53410283
So are we gonna be split between people jumping at the chance to make at least mkiv true-scale Marines and those who don't want to see them at all?

I personally really like the look of the basic troop models, but I agree that the assault and and new Terminator thing seem a bit off
>>
>>53410593
I like the very models you dislike. Like I said, I wish they didn't look good so people could hate the concept and didn't buy it.
But it does look good.
Still, those shits are still T4 S4, the only thing they've got is 2W yet they're as big as Custodes, if not a bit bigger. What the fucking fuck, man.
It all comes from the stupid "truescale" meme based on giant Cadian minis compared to marines people thought were 8ft tall based on a wrong scale starting on 1ft instead of from 0.
It's not only a mistake, but worse: it's a mistake endorsed by GW to get the bucks.
And it's going to work so damn well.
>>
>>53409460
We've still got plenty of jobs here in Cali, it's buying a house that's the problem. There are more successful people than there are homes to buy. But I sympathize - I don't think I'd want a bunch of Californians moving in either and changing what's been working for you guys.

>>53410474
I think most examples of that are on Dark Eldar warriors. Look them up - it does work.

>>53410593
I really don't think they look enough like Mk IV for that to work. Only the helmets. And true-scale marines don't really work unless both sides are using them.
>>
>>53410520
>>53410542
OK, I'll stick 'em on the list. Is it just me, or do the Mechanicum steal all the cool battles? Xana, the Silica Animus, Schism of Mars, so on and so forth.
Maybe they should give them a "Forge Wars" book with Mechanicum v. Everyone Else, rather than sticking them into every other book.
>>
cyber robots - are no troops scoring? ever? even in Cybernetica detachment? wtf is the point of the scyllax then?
so robots have to take thralls to score objectives?
>>
>>53410283
Blood Angels with Luna Wolf loyalist detachment
Not sure if I should plan a 30k army without waiting for new Edition of 40k to release or not. Thoughts?
>>
File: AL LoW.png (490KB, 850x680px) Image search: [Google]
AL LoW.png
490KB, 850x680px
>>53410593
I feel like they have the potential, but it's still not an 'easy' conversion. Once they're released, I think we'll see a small wave of people trying to do 'true-scale MkIV' conversions, realizing it isn't as easy as it sounds and fucking off, while actually dedicated converters figure out a way to make it work right. But only the troops. I really don't see the others being viable for conversions at the moment.
>>
>>53410963
Battle Automata, aka anything with a Cybernetica Cortex, can't score ever.
But Scyllax don't have that. Because they're not Battle Automata. They're more like advanced servitors, they're totally not AIs I swear what do you mean a mere skull isn't enough biological material?
>>
>>53410963
Scyllax aren't automata, so they score. Nothing with a Cybernetica Cortex can score, though. Scyllax are useless because they're overcosted undergunned punching bags that are worse than fucking Thallax, but they do score.

You need Thralls or Thallax to score, yes, because IIRC you can't take Secutarii in a Cybernetica Cohort.
>>
>>53411008
oh wow. so scyllax can be my scorers and stay robo themed? thanks!
>>
>>53410684
Ehh, the only issue I have with assault Marines honestly are the skid things, although seeing the back of the legs may change my mind, and as for the captain, I feel like the torso is too long for what his legs are, but again that could be a perspective thing

I also like the overall build of the primaris though, they look more proportioned which is one thing that the regular marine models always sort of bothered me with

>>53410761
Personally I see the arms, heads, and shoulders pad as being very close to mk IV. The torso need the aquilla filed off, and the legs could use a bit of green stuff or say they're the old style of mk2-4

>>53410997
No conversion is ever easy, but I can see this one being one of the easier ones, assuming you don't go full autist over detail and take some creative liberties, they could look really good
>>
>>53411078
They're expensive, though. But yes.
>>
File: 1494204019250.jpg (325KB, 480x776px) Image search: [Google]
1494204019250.jpg
325KB, 480x776px
>>53410996
You can get a start on it with a BaC set. Regardless of what 8th pulls, the stuff in BaC will give you a nice core to work with that'll be useful no matter what while you wait for June. You'll need some Tacticals no matter what, it's hard to go wrong with Terminators (might wanna magnetize their fist arms though), Kheres-Dread is the way to go unless they torch AC rules, and you'll also get two freebie HQs of questionable value (but they're not why you get BaC anyway).
>>
I posted this a few threads back, posting agains:

I think the Primarines are to Guilliman what Custodes are to the Emperor. It explains why they are larger and tougher than normal Astartes, without coming close to the like of actual Custodes. I think one of the trailers said something about the Primarines being geneforged? Rather than having organs altered/added, so more like Custodes than Astartes.
>>
File: Long fall boots.jpg (46KB, 673x510px) Image search: [Google]
Long fall boots.jpg
46KB, 673x510px
>>53411104
>the only issue I have with assault Marines honestly are the skid things
Stop disliking what I like. I'll post the back, but you won't like it. Because I do like it and I know you won't.
:(
>>
File: Primaris Jump.jpg (142KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris Jump.jpg
142KB, 960x960px
>>53411104
>>
File: 1328388499_beastmode.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1328388499_beastmode.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>53411161
Doubt they will torch the Kheres, its one of the really standout weapons on Contemptors.
>>53405776
>my mk IV marines do 500lbs squats
Bruh they better be doing more than that, Im an unaugmented 'umie and I can push 350lbs on a regular day
>>
>>53411214
>>53411234
I really like that now
Like seriously, I think the seeing the back side makes the model look a lot better

Maybe some one has leaked pictures of that captain?
>>
>>53411211
>It explains why they are larger and tougher than normal Astartes
It's dumb.
Humanity shouldn't be orks.
Besides, like I said their only attribute is having 2W, yet they're as tall as Custodes.
Meanwhile, in 30k we have four squads that have 2W base, and it's not caused by geneseed degeneration. Even if 75% of those squads are from traitors.
Explanations for Primaris, good looking as they may be, are shitty. Cawl either spend 10000 years doing alone what the rest of the mechanicum couldn't do together in the 21st founding, and kept already-trained marines in reserve until Guilliman told him despite not knowing he'd revive, or finished the work after he woke up in a matter of months.
Who is he to forge the next step of the Emperor's work?
Thing is, the only possibly decent explanation is that the mechanicum reunited in secret after the 21st founding and got permission of the Inquisition. Guilliman's involvement in some 10000 year long scheme is most alpharic and ridiculous.
>>
File: THICC.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>53411319
That's the weight they must endure when squatting armoured but without any extra weight. MkIII marines with melonpopping thighs can squat Rhinos.
>>
>>53411345
>Meanwhile, in 30k we have four squads that have 2W base
I agree with your fluff points, but I do expect 2W to be a lot more common in 8th edition 30k. Base termies will probably go to 2W, and the models that currently have that many are likely to go to 3W. There will be more weapons that cause multiple wounds so it should be fine.
>>
>>53411440
Thats the spirit laddie! Fuck I wanna go workout now
>>53411234
The skid things look like shocks honestly; Cawl probably hit a plateau with marine bone strength vs density so the big-marines knees would explode when using a jump pack and landing like classic marines. Completely due to the extra ~4-600lbs of meat and metal they are carrying around.
>>
>>53411345

You know, I wonder how much shit flinging there would have been if among the various cawl improvements had been 'It now works on women'.
>>
>>53411604
>A)
They'd be wearing armour, develop gigantism, get rendered infertile and lose most female atributes
>B)
I like it that way :^)
>>
>>53411211
they have the custodes genetics, as well as primarchs and marines. they're a mix of all of them.
>>
>>53411345
you're whining about things when your in the dark, the emperor instructed them on how to make the w marines and they have Custodes genetics.
also, 1w isn't the only thing that represents how tough a unit is on the table so stop autistically clutching onto it
>>
Which Lords of War do you use, anons? Or what's the composition of the massive deathstar that may as well be one, if you run one of those.
If you don't run any, which would you like to use if you got the chance?
>>
File: Aquilla Strongpoint.jpg (240KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Aquilla Strongpoint.jpg
240KB, 2048x1536px
>>53412279
>Which Lords of War do you use, anons?
The well endowed eagle of displeasure of course.
>>
>>53412020
>>53411964
Where does it even remotely say they have Custode genetics.
>>
>>53412279
MAGNUS

Otherwise, the mastadon, but it's so fucking shitty.

Actually I'm disappointed in general at the fuck hueg transport options in the game. Expensive as fuck, fragile, and not great in a fight.

Mastodon, Stormbird, Thunderhawk and such
>>
>>53412316
What the hell does THAT thing do? Because it looks hilarious and I want one to guard my base.

>>53412358

Yeah. Stormbird is decent the turn it alpha strikes with all the missiles, plus it's basically got 75pts of Void Shield Generator built in, so I think it's probably the best of the three, but I wish they wouldn't charge such high weapon cuts for transport cap. The Mastodon is not really that much better armed than the two Spartans you could buy for the cost, and they are more versatile, have the same HP and armour, don't cost you quite as much if someone alphastrikes them down with Hoplites and won't explode the entire 2k deathstar if killed 2/3 of the time.

Has Magnus hit the table yet? He seems like kind of an autowin, honestly, unless he ends up on his own in the middle of the entire enemy army somehow.
>>
>>53412358
Just you wait.

8th is going to incidentally make them insanely powerful.
>>
>>53411211
Marines are already to primarchs what custodes are to emps. Primadonnas are just a bit further along the scale.
>>
>>53412020
Besides +1W a d being bigger, in what ways are Primaris better than marines in the tabletop? Guilliman suddenly has the resources to reinforce several chapters when those haven't been able to return to codex strength for years.
>>53412351
"They're big, so they must have Custodes genes"
t. Fanboys
>>
>>53412432
>Has Magnus hit the table yet?
not yet, due to lack of model.

People are way overhyping him. He's not the instant win buttom people claim him to be. People forget that D doesn't auto AP 1 no save allowed and that novas don't effect things in per model basis, but per unit.

This does mean that there needs to be completely different army comp to fight the TS sons though so if that's your point of contention, then I sympathize.

Magnus is fucked by dudespams and fast bike spams because he's so low in attacks and range dependent to get shit done. The only vehicle that you should bring against him are flyers.

Now, what he does shit on is tank spams, death stars, and msu which are what the common army builds in the game are.
>>
>>53412543
the numarine's basic squads also have fancier guns iirc, some midway between a bolter and a pulse rifle in terms of stats. and going by that I'm guessing the plasma caliver lookin guns and bolter-smgs have improved stats too.
>>
>>53412565
What psychic powers can be cast in melee? Can you just jump him with Levies and pray while wrapping your tanks up so deep in the blobs he can't DS within 18"? That's fairly feasible with the 100 Levy Allied Det.
If he touches my arty squadron or Macrocarid they pretty much instantly die, though, even if the Stormbird can juke and tank to an extent.
>>
>>53412680
You can cast blessing and malediction while in melee. he can jump out and cast but the target selection for that should be...
>wrapping your tanks
Stop bringing tanks!
Again, you are trying to beat paper with rock.
>>
File: 1445773518036.jpg (49KB, 1039x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445773518036.jpg
49KB, 1039x768px
Primaris are cancer and I will call out anyone using them during an HH game.

True scale looks dumb anyways. Especially if your are playing HH when the other player(s) are more then likely to have a mix of MKIII and MKIV marines.
>>
>>53412758
>Stop bringing tanks!
You see, that's the slight problem. I play Ordo Reductor, hordes of chaff wrapping tanks with some elite fast infantry and fire support sprinkled in is what we do. What's the counter, go play Cybernetica instead or just bring nothing but chaff, reserves relays and deepstrike in 18 Gravidons? If the only answer to a thing is "Don't bring the one thing your TAC list has in plenty" I can't really be expected to fight that thing without tailoring like a little bitch, whereas Magnus can be slotted into almost any army and immediately force a complete redesign of a lot of armies to stand a chance.
>>
>>53412643
Their flesh, Anon. Regular marines can already lug around heavy Bolters. In what ways Primaris genehancements make them better than marines on the tabletop besides +1W? Do they move 7"? I think they have more Ld? Certainly a geneseed trait and not a result of the training they did on the stasis tubes.
>>
>>53412543
>>53412351

oh how silly you will feel.. patience young ones
>>
File: 1441241091847.gif (3MB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
1441241091847.gif
3MB, 800x708px
>>53412890
He stands a chance because people don't play outside of the comfort zones and no one plays white scars. Seriously, chongorian brotherhood is a fucking nightmare against him.

Magnus is a generalist that's for sure, but he's there to fill a hole in the army. TS stuff gets overbloated in cost very easily or you end up skewing so hard that one counter just fucks you up. This is also assuming no perils and believe me, even with Magnus there will be perils if you over do the D.

As I said before. If you think he's OP because you need to build differently then sure, he's OP. If you think he's OP because no one can beat him, then he's not. Most likely the TS player himself will fuck everything up as he falls face flat with a random peril or realize that his army size is half the opponent's and the board is too big to try to occupy the objectives
>>
>>53413237
So do what, stick a Navigator in a blob somewhere and enjoy double perils?

I do see your point about the cost, but to be fair it's not exactly a tax to take Shredding boltguns and Mastery Levels for Divination on a lot of squads, just makes you more elite.

So what does work, outside bikes? Terminators? Battle-Automata? Tarpits? Plasma squads?

Or do you just have to pray for Perils pinning a few units?
>>
>>53410474
>drybrushing marines
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>53412512
That's not entirely accurate; Astartes are humans that have vat-grown organs cloned from Primarch DNA added to them, whereas Custodes are humans altered on a much deeper genetic level, which produces far superior results at the cost of being far more delicate.

I imagine this is why different Legions have different difficulties finding new recruits; the DNA of their Primarch doesn't mesh as reliably with some populations which... would make some sense, I suppose, though I'm no Magos.
>>
>>53410684
>It all comes from the stupid "truescale" meme based on giant Cadian minis
It may have started there but GW only doubled down on that scale. Like some anon said last thread!SoS, Chaos Cultists, Genestealer Cultists etc. are fucking massive compared to old Astartes when they're all supposed to be human-sized.
>>
>>53413820
just the faceplate, anon
>>
>>53410283
alpha legion best legion
>>
>>53414267
Objectively speaking they're worse than WS, SW, IF, BA, IH, UM, S and RG.
>>
>>53410593
Honestly I'm just hoping that I can use the new plasma guns with regular marine models, mostly since I hate the look of the relatively new FW ones.
>>
>>53413820
I always drybrush my marines, It's the quickest way to get decent edge highlights. If you mess up, you can always neaten the dudes up.
>>
>>53414324
>anything worse than SW
Incorrect.

>>53414338
Mediocre and lazy.
>>
File: SW Vs TS.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SW Vs TS.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>53414371
>>anything worse than SW
>Incorrect.
:^)
>>
>>53412877
They might make for fairly interesting Chymeridae Blackshields with some work done to them but otherwise I'd agree overall.
>>
>>53414443
My guys are just Cawl's prototypes. He was alive during the Heresy :^)
>>
File: Death Guard WIP Heresy (20).jpg (272KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard WIP Heresy (20).jpg
272KB, 720x540px
>>53414338
these are dry brushed, but its just the white highlights the majority was airbrush and washes. That said its one of the few schemes you can get away with doing so.
>>
>>53414371
I disagree, perfect for tabletop+ levels with minimum effort.
>>
Well, I found a thing. Is this how the Mechanicum fights honour duels? Because I want to be a Malagra now if this is what they do for a living, three minutes of posturing aside..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpjcOWwiI4
>>
>>53414543
Why? I legit don't understand why you can't drybrush, wash, edge-highlight the odd bit, clean up and then base your models. It looks good, doesn't take an assload of time and you still get all the details. Some colours even make the armour seem worn, which is always a plus.

Black power armour, for example. Prime, drybrush, shade/clean up if you need to, done. You won't win any prizes but you get good tabletop quality.
>>
>>53414543
>>53414566
You can get away with it if you're drybrushing metal on metal or doing a filthy dunked in Agrax DG scheme. Outside of those two exceptions it always looks bad.
>drybrushing marines
>ever getting to tabletop+
Go ahead, I dare you to show me a tabletop+ marine who was highlighted with a drybrush.
>>
File: WP_20170524_001.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170524_001.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Quick, very WIP example. the power armour looks decent enough, just needs some more detail work.
>>
>>53414681
I think it's fine. It's hard to get it to look as good as edge highlighting, especially around curves (which marines have a lot of) but it's better than nothing and at best it can be pretty darn good.

I find that a wash over drybrushing helps cut down the chalky look you often get.
>>
>>53414755
Do you think that's tabletop+? It's passable but that's all it is.
>>
File: WP_20170524_004.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170524_004.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53414699
Needs some work on the bolter and hazard stripes, and needs basing, but this is my tabletop-level IW. The rest of the guys are/will be painted to this standard.
>>
>>53414859
>>53414755
What part of "Quick, very WIP example" did you not comprehend?
The armour looks fine but the entire rest of the mini isn't even started, of course it doesn't reach tabletop standard.
>>
>>53414860
Like I said, it works okay for metallic on metallic. Did you read the post?
>>
>>53414860
"Tabletop" has always been a loose concept, and I imagine your dudes look better in different light, but that's an inbetween 3-colour minimum and tabletop in my perception.
Additionally, it's a metal scheme, which doesn't defeat what the other guy was asserting.
>>
>>53414886
Yeah I was talking only about the armour. It's fine I suppose but very chalky and not anywhere near tabletop+.
>>
Can I use Tyranid bits as Megarachnids-themed basing sub?
>>
File: Electronutting.png (2MB, 924x1178px) Image search: [Google]
Electronutting.png
2MB, 924x1178px
>>53414667
>Is this how the Mechanicum fights honour duels?
So you don't know about the current wars, huh.
>three minutes of posturing aside..
TO BREAK WITH RITUAL IS TO BREAK WITH FAITH
Any Malagra worth his scrap knows this. They're the Inquisitors of the Mechanicum, fit to make a good roleplay character. Even other Magi fear them.
>>
File: WP_20170524_007.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170524_007.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Some 4 years ago I decided to start a small army of DEldar, and While I never did much with them they looked passable.

To reach my current level I'd have to clean up the armour a bit and finish the gun/cloth, but for a quickish tabletop standard the blue is fine.
>>
>>53415020
>When you nut but she still has 8 canticles of the Omnissiah to go.
>>
File: WP_20170524_006.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170524_006.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53415069
That said, there is a colour I'd hesitate to drybrush and it's white. Painted a WE librarian lazily converted from the Red Scorpions librarian some time ago, he came out OK but someday I'll need to finish the weapon and the hand holding it. Maybe fix the rather lazy paintjob supposed to reflect battlemajick.

Also the gold looks weirdly flat in the pic, not sure why - it's highlighted with runefang steel and it's fairly obvious IRL.
>>
>>53415020
Can I get a quick rundown on the Malagra?
>>
>>53414936
I'm going to wash it down before I add decals, the helmet especially is almost grey
>>
>>53415166
Itz really choppy boss.
>>
File: endryd traitor mutilator haar.jpg (398KB, 720x682px) Image search: [Google]
endryd traitor mutilator haar.jpg
398KB, 720x682px
Y'know, I feel like Blackshields are a real untapped well of potential. Anons, do you have any ideas for Blackshield-specific wargear/special units/consuls/wrought by war traits? Post em here, I'd imagine some people would be interested at the very least.
>>
>>53411345
>Cawl either spend 10000 years doing alone what the rest of the mechanicum couldn't do together in the 21st founding,
To be fair, the Cursed Founding turned out to have been masterminded by Fabius all along.

On the other hand, way to make Fabius look like a chump, GW.
>>
File: 20170522_103135788_iOS.jpg (164KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_103135788_iOS.jpg
164KB, 960x540px
>>53414667
>>53415020
>>53415166
Mech Assassinations and enforces for the ruling power of the forge world. Kitted out for wrecking characters and taking names. There is such little fluff on them though but even the mention of Techno assassin forces got me hard enough to make an army built around the theme. I made mine follow irradiation and melee doctrine rather than electro or haywire, but fuck anon this thread is making me want to convert a shooty assassin based on zapping the shit out of things.
>>
So, I have a ton of heavy weapons (10 AC, 6 ML, 6 HB, and 5 LC coming) because I can also use them for 40k as well. The problem is that I remembered I'm playing NL, which while it works really well in 40k, it doesn't mesh terribly well in 30k. Even ignoring the fact that my heavy weapons should never be in combat, I only get the one HS slot in our main RoW.

Is there a way to effectively use them, or should I just take a unit of 10 Autocannons and call it a night?
>>
>tfw going through old models on shelf
>find some metal Sword Brethren models
>think about putting together a Templar Brethren squad to go with my Custodes army
Any ideas how I'd be able to fit them into my existing execution force theme if I did do that?
>>
>>53415369
Dorn sent them with the Custodes to help them execute someone.
>>
What generic RoW do you guys run, and what legions do you run them with? I get a little tired of running Berzerker Assault or Chogorian Brotherhood all the time.
>>
>>53415403
I usually don't run a RoW.
>t. IF who likes infantry
>>
>>53414860
>didn't drill the barrels

WHY
>>
To whoever wanted me to start posting in the thread again, hi.

>>53415403
>inb4 literally everyone runs PotL
>>
>>53415020
Some googling later, fuck to the yes. That's a religious schism that's a tad more interesting than some of the real ones. Now I want a squad of Fulgurite-hoplites to roll with the Magos Reductor.

>>53415345

Hand him the Contagium Mechanica and a Corposant Stave/Chainfist, plus probably another jetpack and a squad of Lgun Thallax. Fly about and burn anything that gets remotely close with the holy Motive Force. Although you already have quite the pack of Hoplites, so perhaps an Axiarch kitted out to lead them?
>>
>>53413711
shredding bolter's only good against massive light infantry blobs. Also it's for vets and sekhmets and divination masteries will cost a lot/corvidae requires standing still.

Massive amount of pie plates in general also work well against the rest of the army. Rule of thumb is that bodies and assault work best against the Sons and trying to beat them in LD.

aircraft in general work good against Sons since it's either Magnus nova bubble or 1 deredeo/mortist dread at best for anti air.

robots are pretty troublesome as is all astartes, but you have to kill the sniper vets asap.

Actually footslogging forces in general with few fast/deep strike elements aren't too bad. Iron fire, deathguard all don't mind being outnumbered since they kill infantry in droves.

Grav/phosphex weapons are really annoying for Sons. Sure they have Amon and Ahriman to deploy as needed, but re-positioning is super hard for the army when obstacles are being shat everywhere and Rhinos are Rhinos. Many TS will not bother with Landraider or Spartan because expensive shit getting more expensive is nightmarish.If they do go the deathstar route, at this point you should have at least 1 unit that can kill a spartan effectively.

My top priority as anti TS would be: aircraft, Terminator killers, and anti infantry/movement disruptors with many boys over toys build style as possible.
>>
>>53415570
Go back to writing sick crackfics about Vivian Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way or whatevert the fuck OC Mary Sue's name is.
>>
>>53415570
I missed you, Curzefag
>>
>>53415403

I mostly run a Terror Assault, but I like PotL because it lets me use Termies without clogging up my elite slots, since I use dreads, vets, and termies in TA. My only gripe with PotL is that I can't use my drop pods like I can in TA.
>>
>>53415694
Oh fuck, not this again.
>>
File: 1439316438294.jpg (28KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
1439316438294.jpg
28KB, 640x955px
>>53415403
Axis of Dissolution, Pride of the Legion
>>
File: aw shit nigga.png (409KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
aw shit nigga.png
409KB, 900x675px
>>53415694
>>53415734
>>
File: 1437598686988.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437598686988.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>53415570
>>53415694
>>53415734
>>
>>53415582
>Fulgurite-hoplites
UUuuuuunng
>>53415166
Mostly what >>53415345 says. They're enforcers of the Cult Mechanicus. Hunters of the heretek and anathema to the monstrosities that crawl away from the light of the Omnissiah.
Preferred enemy: Monstrous Creatures, Characters and Motherfuckers.
If the Mechanicum had Inquisitor/Commissar equivalents, they would be it.
Also, if you want him electric you can say his Paragon Blade is a shard of the True Bolt of Olympus Mars, and his Chainfist is the Hand of the Storm

>The Plumed Serpent, an ideogram of the metaphor of Quetzalcoatl, alludes to one of the most powerful forces of nature. Said metaphor is recorded in the Nahuatl language:
>Quetzalcoatl: he was the wind; he was the guide, the road sweeper of the rain gods, of the masters of the water, of those who Brough rain. And when the wind increased, it was said, the dust swirled up, it roared, howled, became dark, blew in all directions; there was lightning; it grew wrathful.
>Xolotl was the god of fire, lightning and death. He was also god of twins, monsters, and misfortune. Xolotl is the canine brother and twin of Quetzalcoatl.
>>
I'm a little surprised that veterans are cheaper than support marines. You can't arm them quite as well, but combi-weapons are cheaper than special weapons and one shot of plasma or melta is often sufficient. As a bonus, you get a special ability (e.g. marksman or machine killer) and free chainswords.
>>
I'll have to use Devastators w/ Missiles (Relentless) instead of Quad Launcher (Shatter shell). How much downgrade is this? Huge?
>>
>>53416110
>Devastators w/ Missiles (Relentless)
Only in the Long March RoW. Though with their range you aren't really supposed to move them anyway.
>Downgrade?
It depends. What are you going to use them for?
>>
>>53415604
>or whatevert the fuck OC Mary Sue's name is.
Mine is Garviel Loken, the astartes that cannot die :^)
>>
>>53416199
>implying there was any chance whatsoever he would die from the first sentence in the first book
>>
>>53416199
Go to bed Dan, you still haven't finished that next Gaunt's Ghosts book.
>>
>>53410600
MkVII had been developed on Terra in the old fluff.
>>
File: IMG_2727.jpg (264KB, 970x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2727.jpg
264KB, 970x650px
Any guesses as to how custodes weapons will look like in 8th?
>>
>>53415403
Armored Breakthrough, Iron Hands.

Spending 450 points to fill out your HQ/troops with some seriously good firepower AND your HS spots stay untouched is great. Only problem is figuring out everything else
>>
>>53415995
Same shit different day
>>
>>53416429
The same but slightly bigger.
>>
>>53416448
Do we really want a return to namefag cancer? We managed to get rid of everything but the space herpes that is the Curzefag. Don't let them back in.
>>
>>53416103
Thanks for letting us know.
>>
>>53416480
You're not very smart. Or possibly American.
>>
>>53416480
This.

>>53416448
Be better than the fags before you- aspire to legend, alongside such heroes as DGanon the Relentless, the protector Breadanon, even the mythical Scanon.

Do not fall to the curse of namefaggotry, let your works speak for you.
>>
so who is going to quit when HH goes to 8th edition?
>>
>>53416467
[Oiling intensifies]
>>
>>53416642
I'll just keep on using 7th's rules. We have literally everything but the Primarch and special units for the DAs, BAs and WSs. We could carry on indefinitely with what we have.
>>
>>53416553
Thanks bro will do
>>
>>53416642
Quit? I'll actually play a game.
>>
>>53415604
>He doesn't remember Enoby's name
For shame.
>>
>>53416642
Have we had actual evidence of HHs move to 8th yet? I think given the need to change literally everything for a dozen lists, that if HH does move to 8th it will delay Angelus by a year or more, because they'll have to make new Red Books for all the factions.
>>
>>53416686
>I'll just keep on using 7th's rules.
Why? Also you won't.
>>
>>53416751
Curzefag wrote some shit about some self-insert doing shit to Konrad. And I was mocking it.
>>
>>53416753
>Have we had actual evidence of HHs move to 8th yet?
Yes. FW has stated that they will be transitioning to 8th in a newsletter.
>>
>>53416753
announcement is this weekend
>>
>>53416763
What are you gonna do, kick in the door with an assault rifle if I keep using the system I know?
>>
>>53416176
AV13 or under Tank Hunting and bombarding Sv3+ or under infantry I guess.
>>
>>53416927
didn't you know? forgeworld books self incinerate when they go out of date

more likely someone you know will want to play with new models and then you'll have to upgrade
>>
>>53416553
Breadanon is dead, m8. I would know. I made the bread before this, and the anon who made this thread and the one before mine isn't Breadanon.
>>
>>53417063
What happened to Breadanon, RGBro and all the oldfags from time long past?
>>
>>53416989
>more likely someone you know will want to play with new models
Or with actual official models for once.
>>
>>53417076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4J-Fuo0vLE
Unification is probably KIA
>>
File: Loyalists.jpg (334KB, 773x900px) Image search: [Google]
Loyalists.jpg
334KB, 773x900px
>>53417063
You're right, I'm not Breadanon either. I've just been baking recently because I'm usually here when the thread hits autosage and can write up passable posts
>>
File: IMG_3065.jpg (206KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3065.jpg
206KB, 800x595px
Would it look silly on infantry model if I convert something like this with chainswords?
>>
>>53417177
No, but I want to see you try. Mechanicum?
>>
>>53415694
Are you talking to yourself?
>>
File: IMG_3066.jpg (218KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3066.jpg
218KB, 800x574px
Or this.
>>
>>53417063
They say he lives on, in legend if not reality, and will do battle with the wicked daemon fur'o phor at the /end/times. I believe in him anon, do you?
>>
>>53417190
Whichever faction I can get big enough arm/hand base I guess. Mostly for fun.
>>
File: grav imperator.png (1MB, 596x798px) Image search: [Google]
grav imperator.png
1MB, 596x798px
>>53417160
Thank you. I wish Australia made more breads, because they autosage like at 00:00 for me.
>>
>>53417200
Also,
>what happens when Word Bearers read 1d4
>>
>>53417200
I remember him posting that spider with the dew hat.
>>53417255
What do you mean?
>>
>>53416776
For the curious: https://pastebin.com/EJjLVkHj
>>
>>53417200
Maybe he's in Valhalla with the other titans of myth like the Bringer of Scans.
>>
File: 1323060233787.jpg (73KB, 615x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1323060233787.jpg
73KB, 615x1279px
>>53417336
>>
>>53415345
That servo skull to the right looks like it was designed to mug people.
>>
>>53416407
It was developed on Mars and some suits and instructions to build it were taken to Terra as Mars fell. But that's literally from 1990.

In Mechanicum and the Corax/RG books, I think they say that the IF recover Mk IV and VI armor from Mars... no mention of Mk VII. It may be getting retconned out. Not sure, and I don't think we'll know for sure until FW gets around to the Martian Civil War or battles in the Sol System.
>>
>>53416486
I guess my point was, doesn't it seem like Tactical Support squads are overpriced relative to Veterans?
>>
>>53417400
No, the old article says that MkVI suits were developed on Mars, but had to be evacuated from there as it fell to Traitor hands. The suit wasn't finished, but was rushed into production anyway. The scientists and equipment were moved to Terra, where they finalized their work on the project and created the MkVII, which came into production for the Siege of Terra.

Current fluff, so far, has been consistent with this. As Mars fell to traitors, MkVI suits, schematics and equipment were rescued to Terra.
>>
>>53417518
Ohhh okay, that does leave room for the development of Mk VII on Terra.

I wonder if dudes wearing old armor marks (like WS in Mk II) would trade them in for Mk VII.
>>
>>53416486
What he's saying is there's no incentive in bringing a non BaC army considering Vets are simply better and not that expensive.
Fact: 8E cannot make non-vet troops attractive, prove me wrong plz do ;-;
>>
>>53417578
The White Scars probably needed it the most considering they were stuck getting pummeled behind enemy lines with no resupply or reinforcement for 5 years. Their suits were probably patchwork messes cobbled together from whatever they could grab before retreating.
>>
>>53417578
Don't think 30k era PA was seen as some holy relic of the past. You wore what was issued. MkII had its benefits, but also a lot of problems. MkVII was new hotness fresh from the press. Why wouldn't you take it, unless you had some affinity for your old suit? Troops probably wore what they were told to. Officers might have had the option to choose.

Knights-Errant wore MkVI, because it was the new mark. You have to remember that they weren't old longbear Marinefag grognards who thought "MkVII? In muh 30k?" They were soldiers who probably wanted new and best stuff, rather than make due with the old crap they had.
>>
>>53417665
>What he's saying blah blah blah
(You) at someone who cares.
>>
>>53417698
I'm actually just starting a WS army now (might be a bad time to be starting anything, but whatever).

What are the limits of how far I can cobble things together? I get the impression that the acceptable combinations are:

Mks II, III, V
Mks IV, V, VI

I'm not really sure how to combine Mk V with Mk II and III... they look pretty different. It's going to be weird. I guess I'll just buy a few and see what happens. Haven't even decided if I should use 100% WS helmets or mix them in with standard ones. (Normally I'd mix, but WS heads are surprisingly different from standard ones.)
>>
Why is Phall considered a tie? The Iron Warriors took some casualties and would have ultimately lost if the battle continued, but the IF fled and got their shit kicked in for it. The Fists lost 2/3s of their ships before getting away.
>>
>>53417807
I'd just do individual pieces here and there. Different shoulder pad, different arm(s), different helmet or backpack. Small changes with some battle damage and repairs. Make it look like it's been repaired with salvaged parts, rather than just throw bits into a pot and assemble what you pull out.
>>
>>53417665
Points each for the base squad, for additional members, and what they get (base):

Veterans: 20 pts, 12 pts, ccw, veteran tactics
Destroyers: 30 pts, 20 pts, ccw, 2 pistols, rad grenades, no bolter, counterattack
Tactical: 12.5 pts, 10 pts, fury of the legion
Assault: 17.5 pts, 13 pts, jump pack, ccw, no bolter
Breachers: 20 pts, 15 pts, boarding shield, hardened armor
Support: 20 pts, 15 pts, flamer
Recon: 20 pts, 15 pts, shroud bombs, scout, outflank, acute senses
Seekers: 31 pts, 20 pts, special ammo, precision shot, marked for death
Heavy Support: 27 pts, 20 pts, heavy bolters
>>
>>53417899
Because the likely outcome (before the battle started) was a total IW victory. 1/3 of the IF fleet escaped, and they appear to have actually scared Perturabo.

But I know what you mean. Does the book say how many marines were lost? The IF can spare the ships, but not really the men.
>>
>>53417665
You are wrong, thank god.

Tacs will be a force to reckon with, a full FotL deals 9 wounds on anything before saves- 4+ anything has reason to be afraid, especially IF and strategem buggery.

Assault marines will be what they are, but wounding anything is a big plus, especially with power weapons mixed in, and pistols fired in CC.

Breachers especially intrigue me, I hope FW will come in clutch and give them a 5++ and immunity to -1/-2 AP. If not, still trash

Snipers (may) actually be worth a damn with new rules, though it's to early to be certain.

Supports be scary now with flamers, and the new wounding/AP might take the other stuff to a whole new level (rotor cannons interest me especially)

Now, this improves vets too, but at least Reggo troops seem like they'll no longer be putting the tax in tactical
>>
File: WP_20170524_19_05_29_Pro.jpg (370KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170524_19_05_29_Pro.jpg
370KB, 1536x864px
Got these guys almost finished up
>>
File: Imperial giggle.png (37KB, 179x158px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial giggle.png
37KB, 179x158px
>>53418014
>they appear to have actually scared Perturabo.
Nah.
Thing is an army with a Primarch should defeat an army without one, but IFs simply had a bigger better fleet (albeit IW ships are usually described as fucking stronk and resilient) and they were inflicting more casualties than what Perty had expected. So he was fuck angry with his boys.
And then it was a hollow victory! Not only the fleet master who bled them so was a literal nobody that escaped in a stolen ship, not only he didn't have the pleasure of killing the previous fleet commander, who died unremembered in a warp accident (poor Yonnad), but IT WASN'T SIGISMUND.
That was why he was so mad.
And the captain who boarded the Iron Blood, probably clad in Termie SS/TH regalia, Perturabo killed with his Str7 AP2 hands, so he wasn't too scared.
In a way, everyone lost.
But at least we IWs & IFs can agree on it, unlike Calthposters.
>>
>>53418014
Still, a solid victory instead of an overwhelming one is still a victory. It's not like they could have stopped the Fists from running.

The IFs had 20,000ish marines at Phall so if you're being generous a bit less than 7000 made it out. This doesn't account for the abandoned boarders and bombardment casualties from surviving ships.
>>
>>53411667
>They'd be wearing armour, develop gigantism, get rendered infertile and lose most female atributes
I would be ok with it.
Minus losing the female atributes.
>>
>>53415438
My battle brother
>>
>>53418174
I can't decide if I really like these or really don't. I think I'm going to go with cautious approval. Good job anon, would look at more of your pics.
>>
>>53418181
In a way, everyone lost.
True, but Perturabo lost face whereas the Imperial Fists lost 2/3 of their fleet. It's not exactly comparable. (This isn't IW stronk shitposting, the Fists would have won if they stood their ground)
>>
>female marines
I've never been a person to want or ask for such a thing, or to complain that they don't exist, or be upset that they don't or demand that they do...in short I've always been quite happy with the all-male shit due to the explanation.
But I've also never been against the idea if they could have found a way to do it.
I think the Primaris are the only time they could concievably do it with any chance of success and they aren't gonna.
And now I'm kind of sad we'll never have female astartes. Mainly just because I would have enjoyed the drama it would've kicked off amongst the people who have issues with such things, admittedly.
>>
>>53418276
kinda the same response i got last time when i first tested it
but its something different so i enjoy it
>>
>>53418295
>True, but Perturabo lost face whereas the Imperial Fists lost 2/3 of their fleet
If the IF had comitted yes, they would have bled the IW baaaaaaad and would have reduced their military capability to below post-Istvaan EC tier. Aka less than 45%. At the cost of almost all the IF fleet.
Also, I thought the IFs retreated after losing 1/3 of the fleet instead of 2/3. Damn.
>>
>>53418174
I like them.
>>
File: blazbaros.jpg (152KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blazbaros.jpg
152KB, 900x1200px
>>53418259
Alright, maybe not all the female attributes, but see this pic? I doubt their boobs would get genehanced. Would be B or C cup at best, most of it being residual fat on top of stronk marine biceps on top of a solid ribcage.
With a bulletproof jaw.
But still nice eyebrows, lips and noses. With maybe half their face blown the fuck off, because they'd still be marines like Kyr Vhalen and don't shy away from combat.
>>
File: IMG_2499.jpg (250KB, 994x811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2499.jpg
250KB, 994x811px
>>53418181
>agree on it

Well of course we can't agree on it, the army that outgunned, outplayed, outnumbered, had the element of surprise, cultists hidden in with the troops, nukes in orbit, control of space, oh and had the aid of motherfucking daemonic gods of nigh-unlimited power but STILL failed to take a goddamn worthless planet count it as a 'victory'.

You can't reason with stupid
>>
>>53418489
Femstartes wouldn't have recognizable tits at all. Marines have basically zero excess body fat.
>>
>>53418531
>>53418489
>>
Land Raider Achilles backed up by 2 regular LRs with templar brethren/termis sound like a good army core?
>>
>>53418494
I thought their goal was to fuck up Calth and earn enough Chaos good boy points to activate the Ruinstorm. Did they ever intend to occupy the planet?
>>
>>53418558
At that point those are just pecs. I've seen male body builders with bigger muscletits.
>>
>>53418494
They weren't there to take some stupid planet, anon. They were there to kill IFs. And they did, but even with all those elements they were taking lots of casualties. Because the IFs were that good, especially because they don't do boarding actions.
They perform "agressive garrisoning of enemy ships".
You don't surprise Alexis Polux; you merely confirm his suspicions.
Also, I doubt some of your statements. They lured the IW ships into a realspace bubble surrounded by impassable warp, and used interference devices...but that was it. No minefields, no control of space. Hell, the demonic help they had was that Fists couldn't immediately turn tail and flee to Terra, that was it!
They expected to get the IF fleet all antsy and disorganized after making them wait, but Polux the madman made a fortress in space out of circling ships. Cool.
Why the hell am I defending IFs? I'm IW. Oh right, I'm a bitter loyalist.
>>
File: Red Witches.png (324KB, 474x639px) Image search: [Google]
Red Witches.png
324KB, 474x639px
>>53418489
>>53418531
just add Black Carapace
>>
>>53418595
He was talking about Calth not Phall, my bitterbrother.
>>
>>53418564
Conflicting fluff. Explained away by someone (ADB?) canon-ising that Lorgar sent the faggots he could do without on the Calth run. He just needed the magic bitch energy all that betrayal and bloodshed would create to power the linchpin of the spell and trusted Erebus to cast it.
Once that was cast, as far as Lorgar was concerned, job done.

If Kor Phaeron and the faggot brigade were able to eliminate all the UMs and Rowboat, all the better. If they fucked up, well, they were just the namefags.
>>
>>53418595
isn't he talking about Calth?
>>
>>53418531
They probably have low fat, because some is useful and 0% is actually unhealthy. Marines are supposed to be killer machines even without armour.
But yes, Femstartes would have greatly reduced breasts, almost non-existent.
I agree with >>53418576, the boobs they'd have would be more bulgy muscle than normal boob.
Then add inches of battle armour without boobplates on top of it, like that image of a fem knight killing fembarbarians in bikini mail, and you wouldn't know they're femarines if they had their helmets on.
>>53418558
This.
>>53418600
But they'd have BIG HIPS NNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>53418615
>>53418631
Ooooooh. Srry.
I don't talk about Calth. Couldn't even process it, kek.
>>
File: If you know what I mean.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
If you know what I mean.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>53418558
You know what, I dislike them wearing turkey sauce as tan, but clad it in power armour and yeah, I'd totally Great Crusade with her.
>>
>>53418655
>They probably have low fat, because some is useful and 0% is actually unhealthy.
In humans maybe, but have you ever seen a canonical portrayal of an unarmoured Astartes where he wasn't absolutely shredded up?
>>
>>53416097
And there we have it, a fluffy reason to make Magos Coatl's twin/competitor/nemesis the Magos Xolotl filled with haywire and firey Malagra justic. Oh and a canine visage..... time to raid the bits box!
>>
File: Nudestartes.jpg (74KB, 730x501px) Image search: [Google]
Nudestartes.jpg
74KB, 730x501px
>>53418709
This guy from the Codex looks strong in a healthy way, not like those 0% steroid-boosted body builder types.
Would probably kick all those guys' asses.
>>
Are Primarchs models must haves in bigger games? How much are people running loyalists from traitor legions gimping themselves?

Also how many World Eaters dodged the nails? Endryd Haar and Macer Varren don't have them so it clearly wasn't universal.
>>
File: nice.jpg (7KB, 218x200px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
7KB, 218x200px
>>53418710
Glad you like it. What's your time zone? Mine is UTC-6:00
>>
>>53418917
Primarchs usually boost their armies, so the bigger army you have the better a Primarch becomes. A 2500 pts army can't benefit much from Horus if he uses 1/5th of the points. If you bring Pert/Dorn and their superheavy transport at 3k, you won't have a lot left to boost.

And we don't know how many dodged the nails, but Angron was recovered late. Fleets away from the main WE force that had yet to return, like Endryd's, didn't have the nails installed.
Not sure if Techmarines had, but I think Kargos the Bloodspitter, an apothecary, did have the nails.
>>
>>53419027
>Kargos the Bloodspitter, an apothecary, did have the nails.
He did. WE Apothecary's having the nails being a bad thing for the viability of the WE as a Legion is actually a plot point in that Kharn novel that came out a while back.
>>
>>53418917
Primarchs usually bring some neat stuff to the table that helps your army while being a cool centerpiece, but the fun factor is pretty much it. For some, like Angron and Common Raven, they are pretty much solely there to look cool and do cool stuff themselves which doesn't really buff your army beyond a token bonus. For others, notably Alpharius and Lorgar, they make your army do what they're supposed to do a lot better than normal at the expense of manfighting potential. Then you have Horus, who does all that as a cinch, and Roboute who does that as a cinch while being underpriced as fuck in comparison.
>>
File: IMG_1748.jpg (1MB, 2507x3310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1748.jpg
1MB, 2507x3310px
Conversion is very WIP, but I'm not sure on the head, it's not glued in yet and I'm thinking maybe the Justaerin helmet with no topknot is a better fit?
>>
File: Johanna_-_SB_-_Purple.gif (2MB, 220x268px) Image search: [Google]
Johanna_-_SB_-_Purple.gif
2MB, 220x268px
>>53418489
Now that's more like it.

>>53418531
>>53418655
Hmmm, I don't see why the body fat would be such a problem.
What would a small amount of healthy fat tissue amount for?
Softer skin and heat insulation, it could work, even more so if they are created to look that way. Boobs and asses, who wouldn't like it?
They are not human, they don't have to be restricted to human limitations. If the Biologus want the Femstarters to look like huge anime amazons they can make them look that way.

>>53418899
Like so, not a ridiculous deformed joke of an Astartes made to look that way because they are based on tiny shitty GW miniatures, but a gigantic superbeing, a marvel of transhumanism engeneered by the Emperor.
If Femstartes were ever to be made the same level of care should be given to them. You may call it vanity, but the Astartes are the Paragons of humanity and they should, male or female, always look good.

When clad in Power Armor it would make little difference, unless the Femstartes make a political point out of their body like the Sororita do, but they should look good under the armor.

Perfection and purity Yadda yadda yadda Fulgrim did not wrong.
>>
>>53415393
Oooh, actually yeah that's perfect!

And Dorn was also recalling everyone back to Terra to help with the defence, so it makes sense that around 3 dozen Custodes is a force not to be ignored, and would have sent some folks to bring them back.
>>
>>53419422
Which Primarch model is the strongest in a pure 1v1 melee duel? Is it still Horus or can Russ take him?
>>
>>53417223
It wouldn't look at all out of place on an Ork Stompa. Mechanicus would be the next most likely. Followed by Chaos.

Everyone else would be a distant 4th place.
>>
File: Favoured sons.png (307KB, 336x704px) Image search: [Google]
Favoured sons.png
307KB, 336x704px
>>53420024
Everyone can be justified to have Custodian company, but Fists are perhaps those who have it easier.
>>
What is more fluffy for a Night Lords librarian, Divination or Telepathy?
>>
>>53420191
Divination, but just go with whatever you would have more fun playing.
>>
File: Imperium Secundus.jpg (864KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Imperium Secundus.jpg
864KB, 2560x1440px
>>53420023
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Fat is a thing that the body has a use for, and if you drop to 0%, next thing that goes is the fat protecting the kidneys. Astartes aren't unhealthy, so they surely have an Emperor-decided amount of fat.
But being healthy doesn't mean looking good. That's a reverse meme made to keep girls from puking to lose weight.
Marines are exposed to war, and even post-humans get scarred. In fact that kind of vanity led to the loss of Tycho to the black rage.

However, no reason to not look good like you say. Just understand not everybody is a Blood Angel.
You know what could be a powerful difference?
Instead of boob plates, give them greaves that start thicc and thinn a bit. The opposite of regular marine trapezoid greaves.
You know, like Sanguinius'.
See the difference? Like that.
>>
>>53418014
>Does the book say how many marines were lost? The IF can spare the ships, but not really the men.
I was reading the book last night, as I've been working my way through the background in all the HH Forge World books.

The Imperial Fists were about 100,000 Marines at the start of the Heresy, rounding up, with a fleet of 1500 ships. And Dorn sent about 1/3rd of their total number on the Retribution fleet, so about 33,000. If one third made it back then they lost at least 22,000 at Phall... which is huge, but not so bad when you consider that the IW lost about as many troops.

>>53418181
Perturbo had calculated plans for dealing with Sigimund, Yonnad, and other commanders who's temperaments and tendencies were known. While Pollux was a completely unknown variable who's natural grasp of void warfare was apparently such that he was simply too unpredictable for the Lord of Iron to keep up with. Thus going to explain the fact that the IF were able to make things so close when dealing with a Primarch.
>>
>>53420191
While Div is more fitting to the theme of NL psychic mutation (literally seeing the future, usually bad possibilities), TP has powers in it that if you fish for or pull would be quite thematic.
>TP
Dominate - fluff it as a spoopy attack, the Lib projecting images of the target's future death
Terrify - same as above
Shrouding - well, NL are sneaky
Invis - same as above

While over in Div it's mostly more about fluffing the powers as helping the other NL avoid the bad futures and abuse destiny.
To be fair, this is what Talos does, so Divination is the most fluffy. TP could be fun for a NL army though.
>>
>>53415403
Orphans of Betrayal, Death Guard.
>>
>>53420191
Interromancy.

Too bad we can't get it in 30k.
>>
>>53420355
Whenever 30K goes 8th the psi powers will change. In 8th they're flat powers for a faction, like in...2nd? 3rd? Whichever one the box came with the Foot of Gork template and the Gate template and all that shit. Fuck I'm old, I don't even remember which ed is which.
Anyway, if we're going back to
>Imperial Powers
>Eldar Powers
>Nurgle Powers
>Tzeentch Powers
etc, I can only imagine the Legions will get Librarius Powers and then maaaaybe the ones that have psyker fluff get like 2 or more powers. Then the TS will get like 5, one for each cult.

It's perhaps not a stretch to think the NL might get 1 or 2 of their own powers about being right scary portentious cunts. Eventually. Maybe.
>>
>>53420222
That's what I figured.

>>53420314
Also my general thought process, too. Hell, the TP Primaris is perfect NL, really, and as you said hey have a power called TERRIFY.

However, Divination is basically part of their geneseed. Not only Talos, but also Servetar. I guess I could go with either, really. Then again, Misfortune with Volkite terror squads is quite terrifying.

>>53420355
>Night Lords
>Interromancy

Uwot
>>
File: Page30.jpg (487KB, 1472x2470px) Image search: [Google]
Page30.jpg
487KB, 1472x2470px
>>53420272
>If one third made it back then they lost at least 22,000 at Phall... which is huge, but not so bad when you consider that the IW lost about as many troops.
And IWs replenish both their marines and starships too fucking fast, so this isn't that bad as it looks like. Srsly, from junior spearman to legionnary in a single year.
Truly, both legions threw themselves at each other, endured heavy losses and still accomplished nothing.
As for Polux the unknown variable, I believe he was able to match and bleed the secondary IW battle groups, but was actually lucky in sending someone else to fight Perturabo, since that captain got punched the fuck out. So many mistakes he could commit, he saved 1/3 and caused the damage he did because he did everything right.
>>
>>53420454
>was actually lucky in sending someone else to fight Perturabo, since that captain got punched the fuck out
That's not luck though, that's being smart. Just because you're in overall command doesn't mean you have to go and fight the enemy commander. In fact it's better that you don't when you're the one directing the whole battle.
>>
>>53420598
In hindsight, should have used the word "smart". Or he was lucky he was smart. Had he been Sigismund, probably he'd have gone towards Perturabo himself. I mean no other is more capable, and before the update he did more wounds to Perturabo than Dorn did.
>>
>>53420630
He was smart and lucky. It was luck (of a sort) that Sigismund and Yonnad were out of the picture, which allowed Pollux to pull the technical draw, which he accomplished (largely) by being smart.

As an aside, I didn't like how the Fists that Pollux brought to Ultramar kind of vanished, same with Dantioch's IW. I know there weren't many and who really cares about dudes that'll just be used as meatshields in battle scenes, I just thought it was a bit of a shame they all got dropped in favour of just the named characters. Not that I'm complaining about Alex and Barry-B no-homoing it up either.
>>
>>53420435
Ignore the fluff of the discipline and focus on the effects.

With the exception of Maelstrom of Misery the effects all fit with the NL's MO.
>>
>>53420717

Eh, I suppose that's fair. I'll conceded that.
>>
>>53420087
Mathematically, I'd say Russ can beat Horus. The Talon won't hit Russ enough to lower his WS (Horus's ace in the hole in 1v1) before Russ's weapon flat-out kills Horus with Sever Life.
>>
File: tyra_by_blazbaros-d8qxu00.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tyra_by_blazbaros-d8qxu00.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
>>53420261
I like your thought patterns.

Hey, dignified scars and cybernetic replacements can look good, too. Even scary scars can look good.

Now that you say, yes, not everyone is a Blood Angel ... I wonder how the inherited traits of each gene-seed would develop on Femstartes.
Beautiful Blood Angels.
Gaunt Night Lords.
Coal skinned, red eyed Salamanders.
Ritualisticly scarred White Scars.
Mustachioed Imperial Fists?

On the armor, yup, the greaves would be a nice touch, but I like boob plates when done right. The entire armor must be different actually, keep a certain Astartes feel to it but fit the amazon silhouette.
>>
>>53410542
Name of the novel?
>>
File: minerva_by_blazbaros-d8rfxak.jpg (128KB, 717x1115px) Image search: [Google]
minerva_by_blazbaros-d8rfxak.jpg
128KB, 717x1115px
>>53420674
>Not that I'm complaining about Alex and Barry-B no-homoing it up either.
Mfw
>>53420986
I'd focus more on an armoured corset than on boobplates. Remember those roman loricas that had sculpted abs? Now fem it up.
Dammit Blazbaros. You and your big womminz.
>Imperial Gloves
":|"
Nice
>>
File: shruggy shrug.gif (473KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
shruggy shrug.gif
473KB, 500x210px
>>53420674
>Not that I'm complaining about Alex and Barry-B no-homoing it up either.
I meant this
>>
>>53420454

>And IWs replenish both their marines and starships too fucking fast, so this isn't that bad as it looks like.

The traitors started with legions of veterans and ended up on Terra with scores of fresh mooks who ended up being stewed into chunky soup by the loyalists. Phall was huge for IF because it made a bunch of dudes who sat on Terra into veterans who would later contribute throughout the war, while for IW they expected it to be a decisive victory and ended up losing 22k veterans - forcing Perty to shit out fresh mooks and chase after autowin artifacts.
>>
File: DG loyal armour.png (690KB, 425x871px) Image search: [Google]
DG loyal armour.png
690KB, 425x871px
>>53421403
>The traitors started with legions of veterans
A misconception. Terran vets were usually purged, or a minority already. Most DG terran vets were vehicle operators because the ones that were infantry died and were replaced by Barbarans, who were loyal to Mortarion first and distant Terra second.
Also, the IW had the least vets of them all, anon.
>Be IVth
>Lose most senior staff conquering Incaladion for the Mechanicum, only for Titans to steal the credit.
>Then Perturabo arrives. We're only 35000, yet still we further purge 3500.
>Then we become the legion of 60% casualties
>The few terrans that remain, like Forrix, feel more olympian than terran.
I don't know where you're pulling this terran vet meme, especially for the IWs.
>>
Which pattern of armor is the imperial space marine from 2016? I'm going to have him as an HQ for my SoH and want to give him the right pauldron. Tempted to go with the Mk 4 set 2 because I like how much more they stand out
>>
>>53420272
>>53421403
Do we know the Iron Warriors casualty numbers? "About as many" doesn't sound right. The IF started getting the upper hand at the end but they got absolutely torn to shreds during the retreat. While no doubt significant, I can't imagine that the IV suffered the same losses as the VII.
>>
>>53421791
It has been posted here before, a screencap of a side-bar in one of the FW books listing example casualty numbers for the IW in a number of battles, but I didn't bother saving it. Each one was in the tens of thousands, and most were listed as being within acceptable operation ranges, indicating a high rate of attrition for the IW. However, I also recall that one of Peratubo's priorities for fighting was maintaining a solid supply line, which included keeping a steady stream of new recruits being inducted as marines.
>>
File: IW War journal.png (549KB, 247x1189px) Image search: [Google]
IW War journal.png
549KB, 247x1189px
>>53421931
No he didn't mean this 60% average one. He meant casualties at Phall.
>>
>>53421596
beaky helmets are mkvi
>>
File: IMG_1750.jpg (1000KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1750.jpg
1000KB, 2272x1704px
What's your favorite superheavy to use?

I'm debating on picking up a Typhon for my Imperial Fists but also torn on a Fellblade.
>>
>>53422250
I'd go for the fellblade or the glaive over a typhon in terms of rule of cool
>>
>>53422552
Fellblade is a less shooty baneblade with more hullpoints atm, so i'd go for Glaive or Typhon. Glaive especially is kickass
>>
>>53421998
Even so, it does give you an idea of standard IW operating practices.
>>
File: 1494638568474.jpg (285KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
1494638568474.jpg
285KB, 902x902px
>>53420454
Anyone got the Perturabo Primarch book btw?
>>
>>53422808
Search 4plebs. It's easy to find if you weren't kicked in the head by a donkey as a toddler.
>>
>>53422866
It was a horse actually. But thanks.
>>
>>53421317
That's the problem, I don't remember which one.
I know it starts with an assault by Mastodon (ie. a whole bunch of them) versus an outpost (and some creative use of Void Shields), and the Death Guard feature as well, but I can't come up with a title right now.

It might also be a short or novella, I know I've read the story though.
>>
>>53422884
Oh, its the Lion short story in the Primarchs book!
>>
File: epw0mmtffoax.jpg (85KB, 679x799px) Image search: [Google]
epw0mmtffoax.jpg
85KB, 679x799px
>>53417336
That was...some horrifying shit. Your a grill irl arent you? Only a woman can dream up demented shit like that. That scared me into not being horny so...good job?
Speaking of that, who was that brunette with the nose ring and the meme worthy selfies in here a few months ago? Would tap but keep the selfies to Social Media.
>>53417735
Agreement here, if the entire HH setting can be thought of as a pseudo WW1 in space, (I think?) then troops of both sides were likely gnashing at the bit just to get some gear that would give them a leg up in the next firefight or full frontal assault. Really desperate essentially
>>
>>53422918
thank you! I've been wracking my brain for it since last night.
>>
>>53418181
Gee I wish I had plasma gun strength fists, Im stuck with these dumb Str 3 AP- fists. Still better than a lasgun tho
>>53418489
>>53418700
Do you want to die of a shattered pelvis? Cause this is how you die of a shattered pelvis
>>53418899
Dude looks reasonably swole, muscle has power and endurance, (powerlift/max reps). This level of jacked is what all men that can should try to aspire to!
#MakeMenGreatAgain
>>
What happened to all the TS un dreadnoughts after the Rubic did they still work despite being dust?
>>
>>53423221
yes
>>
File: 1467818525256.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467818525256.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>53417336
>Vivian has eaten so much of Konrad's flesh that her body is more his than her own.

That's the 3rd fucking sentence, I'm done
>>
>>53415604
>>53416751

My Immortal will always go down as the pinnacle of fanfiction
>>
File: LeviathanDreadProfile.jpg (232KB, 1200x1118px) Image search: [Google]
LeviathanDreadProfile.jpg
232KB, 1200x1118px
Welp, hey anons, check this shit out!
>>
>>53423464
That shit is indeed off the chain.
>>
>>53423464
New model?
>>
>>53423638
Chaos Leviathan Dreadnought for fer 8th ed. Contemptor should be between this motherfucker and the little old boxnaught they stated earlier
>>
>>53423638
Sure, after all the legions get their versions and then there's some 40k versions. Then, maybe, we'll get a Chaos version. Maybe.
>>
>>53423464

Seeing as it's straightforwardly better I'm going to have to buy a siege drill or two for my leviathan. It really grinds my gears that the only different pieces between it and the siege claw are the three fingers, but FW makes you buy the whole assembly again. Would it have been so hard to include both for that £13?

Still, pretty brutal. Don't forget though that a Leman Russ tank has T8 W12 and a 3+ save, the most impressive thing about this statline is the damage some of its weapons can dish out.

>>53423638

The model shown in the article is the standard leviathan.
>>
>>53423705
>siege drill vs siege claw

I saw one was objectively better in the power level system, ya. I would hold off on ordering the drill as the matched play points values might be more granular, and I'd assume that would cost points to upgrade.
>>
>>53423681

Boxnought has T7 and W8 with a 3+ save, so I'd expect a contemptor to have something like T7 or T8, W10, and a maybe a 2+ save with a 5++/6++ invulnerable.
>>
>>53423705
>The model shown in the article is the standard leviathan.
Lame.
>>
>>53418952
UTC + 10 thanks background supplying anon
>>
>>53423720

It will, for sure. I'm still irritated by how I have to buy an entire arm in order to just get the bits for the hand assuming I don't seek out recasts.

Other things of note about the leviathan profile - it would appear that you can no longer have two guns, and the Sx2 for the weapons suggests that, given the way calculating to-wound rolls works now, the claw and drill both hit at S16!

With up to 5 attacks hitting on a 2+, wounding on a 2+, and doing 4 damage apiece with no saves, a leviathan might not be able to kill a knight in a single turn of combat, but it has a pretty good chance of stripping 20 of its 24 wounds (which reduces it to needing 5+ to hit).
>>
>>53418174
I like them, I considered doing an IF army with the same mostly-black paintjob but went with IW in the end. Looking at their Legion rules I kind of regret it, only to immediately regret my regret (25 Iron Havocs in a 2500 list is pure love)
>>
>>53417336
well...
>>
File: IW Robutts.jpg (161KB, 898x498px) Image search: [Google]
IW Robutts.jpg
161KB, 898x498px
>>53418373
>>53418295
>>53418181
It is noted to have unnerved Pert just how close he got to the fray personally - I mean, he could punch out termie captains for days, but it's still not pleasant, and it drove his paranoia up another couple of notches: after all, where were his captains and what the fuck were they doing, if he personally was getting attacked? Was it betrayal?

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that after Phall Pert used his beep boops exclusively, and built more as ""bodyguards"" for his captains
>>
File: IMG_20170525_080619.jpg (83KB, 547x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_080619.jpg
83KB, 547x535px
Is this good for a night lord Librarian? I took a dangles robe, shaved down the feathers on the aquila ton make it look like a NL symbol, and then added a few NL bits. I particularly like the old school NL sword as a power sword. The pistol arm is temporary, though. Not sure if that's what I want.
>>
>>53424453
Not bad anon but those legs are super static. I'd pick the running legs and fill the gap on the robe with greenstuff to keep hidden the mk vii legs
>>
>>53424453

I've never really liked those DA sculpts or the silly batwing NL helmets, but he looks awkward, that pose is all wrong. I'd personally turn his head so that he's looking a bit more to his left (and get it level, for god's sake). Both his arms are held kind of backwards, I'd bring the sword arm up, probably repositioning so that he's holding the sword across his body more as if he were about to backhand someone with it, or making him point it in the same direction he's looking. The pistol arm is all sorts of wrong, you need something more librarian-y.
>>
Is there a reason I can't make a small 500 point marine list to ally with my Custodes list?

My traitor and primary army is Thousand Sons. And I fell into building a Custodes sister list for my loyalists army. But I want to model up some really fucked up battle destroyed loyalist marines but not a whole army just a small 500 points.
>>
Just starting playing, can you take combi weapons on a veteran squad? I've been reading you can and in battlescribe you can, but in the book it says only the sergeant, just need some clarification
>>
>>53424626
Make some space wolves and you'll have the opportunity to do cool photos of displays
>>
>>53424660
>Any member of the squad may exchange their boltguns for:
>Combi-weapons.......................................................+10 points each
>>
>>53424667
Yah but see I fucking hate them so no. I want to feel bad for these guys.
>>
>>53424694

Hmm, in the copy of the book I have, it doesnt have that
>>
>>53424660
>>53424744

Looks like the only version in the top links are for the crusade book, not the AoD one
>>
>>53424721
Some dirty imperial fists/ blood angels from Terra then? Pretty good excuse to take them with custodes and SoS
>>
>>53424453
The head isn't on straight and the pose is weird
>>
>>53424559

I might. I have them, too. Unjust have to swap out the chest and reset the magnets

>>53424575
>or the silly batwings
I love them

I found the robes in an old bitz bag and figured why not? The pistol arm is a placeholder. What I want is some sort of open hand, but I haven't been able to find anything in my bits. Modeling the sword arm across the chest is hard because that whole arm is one piece from the old NL upgrade set.
>>
>>53424818
This.

Alternatively, you could paint some DG or Luna Wolves for the battle of Gyros-Thravian
>>
>>53424818
Probably Fists then. I like blood angels but with the Thousand Sons I would like something different to paint.
>>
Recommend me a good taghmata color scheme. At the moment I'm considering just going with Mars.
>>
>>53424992
Xana II is pretty sweet, lots of choices and a legitimate reason to use Anacharis Scoria the awesome bane of Primarchstars. Go with the Malinax colours, or a somewhat Word Bearers-esque dark grey with red shoulders, or the bronze of the Taghmata Scoria.

Lucius is pretty cool too, even if white is a bitch to paint.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_092839.jpg (95KB, 521x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_092839.jpg
95KB, 521x551px
>>53424559
>>53424863
>>53424575

Take 2. Again, the pistol arm is a place holder until I find something better.
>>
File: 1492824893062.png (578KB, 1344x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492824893062.png
578KB, 1344x1600px
>>53411667
>>53418259
>>53418489
>>53420986
>>53421372
Why are we back to femarchs? My dick heart can't take this anymore
still can't find any fem-horus, plz help
>>
>>53425125
femarchs are a mistake, and anyone who posts them should be burned.
>>
>>53425140
this
>>
File: rsz_ctesias-hand.jpg (59KB, 611x634px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_ctesias-hand.jpg
59KB, 611x634px
>>53424879
>open hand
Not the first anon, but I used DA robed legs and a normal bolter hand for my Lib. Stick a magic thingummy in the bolter hand and it looks fine.
If you literally just want the specifically open hand to stick onto another arm, Ahriman comes with one and he's cheap as chips on ebay etc.
>>
>>53425072
The head is still weirdly tilted IMO, try turning your own head left to right - you probably won't tilt it very much, and it'd probably be less visible in full power armour.

If you're going to use a spell-casting style arm rather than the pistol one, you might want to have the guy looking that way? If you reposition the sword arm to something in-between the two pics posted and make him look the direction he's casting, it'd look like he's bracing (maybe?). Just a thought, not sure what bits would be good for it though.

If you scour recasters for cheap veteran-style models/units, or bits or whatever, you can hack off the important arm and convert the rest into another HQ option or a sergeant or something.
>>
File: malcador disapproves.jpg (13KB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
malcador disapproves.jpg
13KB, 158x158px
>>53425140
>>53425150
>>
>>53411161
Looking at BaC and Bop now. I want to get BaC for the Catap termies and the Dread but BoP for the sexy MK3 marines.
wat do? assuming no-one to trade marines with in-store
>>
>>53425689

Why not both?
>>
>>53425689
mkIII > mkIV
tartaros > cataphracti
custodes > calthtemptor
The choice is clear.
>>
>>53425702
Money really. Since I'd be restarting from scratch, need to replace my Skull White/Badab Black/etc, get some clippers, glue, files, spray and brushes really.
Also, does anyone have the paint conversion chart for citadel colours?
>>
>>53425901
If money is an issue then you'll be moving slowly, only expanding your army as your budget permits.
Therefore pick the boxed set which has most appeal to you to start painting up, then get the other one in a few months. Mark 3 are a lot of fun to paint, and if you have no interest in Custodes you can shift them fast right now. BaC on the other hand has more useful things overall.
I don't have the chart but I know it turns up on a google search that goes to one of the main forums. Dakkadakka maybe.
>>
>>53425878
>People think Tartaros is better than Cataphractti
wew lad. But leaning towards BoP anyway.
>>53425901
nvm, I've worked out how google works, found it.
>>
>>53425901

It's a pain really, because the characters in BaC are much more generic (and therefore usable without enormous conversion). What I would say is that the prices for MkIII and MkIV on ebay are pretty much identical, so you could theoretically buy BaC and then sell some or all of the tacticals on ebay in order to buy MkIII off ebay instead. Best of both worlds.

Which legion anyway?
>>
>>53425043
Any sources on the Xana II schemes, friend?
>>
>>53425999
Retribution shows a Taghmata Scoria Castellax and a black/red Xana Thanatar
>>
>>53425980
Yeah, I thinking get the BoP, sell the Custodes/Sisters/Tartaros, then pick up some Cataphractti/a Captain or something.

And I'm thinking either Blood Angels with a Salamander or World Eater (pre-Heresy) detachment.
>>
File: Veletaris.gif (366KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Veletaris.gif
366KB, 480x270px
>>53422962
>Speaking of that, who was that brunette with the nose ring and the meme worthy selfies in here a few months ago?
You mean pigeon girl?
>>53423028
Four (You)s inspire me to do exercise and try to reach peak T3 S3. If I can't be a marine, at least I can be an axememe Veletaris.
>>
>>53426244
Get BoP, sell them off (which you probs can easy, considering how many people are trying to get Talons of the Emperor forces), and use that to either help get BaC parts on eBay (captains will be dirt cheap there), or save up a bit longer for it and buy the whole set. You can get it on Amazon these days for about $20 off, which isn't a ton but it's still something, especially since all the parts in BaC are pretty damn useful, and even at MSRP you're already paying much less for it than all the kits separate (given each one has a $10-20 Heresy tax on them compared to the standard kits)
>>
>>53423028
>Im stuck with these dumb Str 3 AP- fists. Still better than a lasgun tho
Lasguns have much greater range than your fists.
>>
What point level do you guys think is acceptable to field super heavies? 2000? 3000?
>>
>>53426933
I'd personally say 3k is around the minimum for superheavies without building your army around it with MSU spam on the side. honestly at low point games... why the fuck are you gonna play HH if you're just bringing a big tank and a couple vet squads, yknow?
>>
>>53424453
It'd be even better if you cut him in half and turned his torso a little.
>>
File: Spartan Firemagnet.jpg (486KB, 866x640px) Image search: [Google]
Spartan Firemagnet.jpg
486KB, 866x640px
>>53426933
Depends on the Superheavy. A Malcador is fine pretty much anywhere, a Knight or something needs about 2.5k IMO, but it really depends on what your army is elsewhere. The 25% rule keeps it down to manageable levels most of the time.

Frankly, Primarchs in Spartans with nine Terms/Pmedicae/Chaplain is a lot more boring than a regular Knight or something at 2k. He had literally that, a contemptor mortis and mandatory vets. Doesn't ever change it down at all, either, so his 3k list is basically a 1.5k list with a couple Rapiers extra until T3.
Other players prefer lone Primarchs or smaller squads, I'm fucking terrified of Mortarion bouncing around or Angron in a Storm Eagle with 5 RBs.
>>
File: WP_20170525_002.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170525_002.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>53425980
The SW character is actually very easy to kitbash/convert. Give him a spare Mk IV/III helmet, torso and backpack (or even CSM depending on legion, fluff and which one you're using), give him shoulder pads you feel fit, scrape off and use liquid green stuff to smooth out/fill holes left by SW iconography. All to a nice tabletop standard :P

Pic related, very WIP
>>
>>53426833
Looking at them on Amazon, £91 inc. shipping compared to £95 from GWS directly. Also, going into local GWS might be better for grabbing paints and stuff...
>>
>>53421522
veterans doesn't just refer to terrans in this context, its about battlefield experience
>>
>>53424626
>Is there a reason I can't make a small 500 point marine list to ally with my Custodes list?
Sorta; FW forgot to tell us how the Talons of the Emperor fit into the Allies matrix. They currently aren't on it at all, and therefore (if you take a strict interpretation of the rules) can't take nor be allies.

I think it's totally reasonable to run them as Fellow Warriors, maybe even Distrusted Allies depending on the legion (like if it's a legion that the Custodes have been watching for signs of treason, or you've got Sisters but your marines kept their Librarians like the White Scars did). Sworn brothers would be excessive, fluffwise, and there are a lot of special rules that really shouldn't confer back and forth.

>>53424660
They all can; Battlescribe is right in this case.

>>53425689
Write up your list, scour eBay for prices of BaC/BoP sprues, and calculate which way works out cheaper. It might not make sense for you to buy either box! You can find Mk III squads for US$25, either Terminator type for $35, the Terminator character (just use him as a sergeant, imo) for highly variable prices (I've seen him for <$10), and forget about the BaC Contemptor and get one from FW. Okay fine, $25 on eBay.

For the price of a BaC/BoP box you can get your three tac squads, termie squad, a character, and a contemptor.
>>
>>53427451
Ah, Amazon prices across the pond may be higher, true. However, I would check at other online retailers, since GW recently rescinded their old order blocking online vendors from selling product on their stores. May be able to find it somewhere for a discount.
>>
Does it seem like infantry will die more quickly in 8th edition but tanks more slowly? I'm kind of expecting a parking lot.
>>
>>53425878
>Tartaros
>Better than Cataphractti
Not in my heresy
>>
>>53425878
>>53427799
Cataphractii is for terminator squads, tartaros is for storm shield command squads.
>>
>>53427695
Hard to say this early, but I think they're making an effort to give infantry some sort of staying power on the table, while also making sure armor feels like it has some weight too. From what we've seen so far, the rebalancing of armor, invuln, and even cover saves may help out.
>>
File: laughingbitches.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughingbitches.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>53427829
>That spoiler.
>>
>>53415601
Not putting magnus with Skahmnet and getting invisablesed.
>>
File: Dorn doesn't find it funny.jpg (144KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn doesn't find it funny.jpg
144KB, 623x414px
>>53427863
>>
What do people think about doing a Primary CAD of Drop Assault Vanguard Night Lords, with a Knight Household as back up?
Just an Idea
40x Assault Marines, Preator, Apothecaries, 3 Knights?
My Idea is this Assault Vanguard Shows up first to strike the infantry and the Knights are called in to deal with the heavy armor.
>>
>>53427451

Darksphere sells BaC and BoP for £71.25, that's the best price I know of.
>>
>>53428025
What the hell is a CAD?

Also, 3 knights puts you in "that guy" territory.
>>
>>53425496
Malcador, we need to fix this
>>
>>53428292
Combined arms detachment
>>
>>53428482
What's "combined arms" about 2-3 squads of assault marines and a few characters?
>>
>>53428541
Look up the 7th ed FOC, pal.
>>
>>53428541
Their combined arms wreck stuff, duh
>>
File: IMG_1753.jpg (207KB, 750x946px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1753.jpg
207KB, 750x946px
>Being that guy
>>
>>53428642
>complaining about people taking tourney lists to tourneys
>>
>>53428642
I really do like that Abeyant though
>>
>>53428642
What guy? This guy?

That list shouldn't be to hard to take down.
>>
>>53428541
>>53428623
It's a 40k-specific term for the closest thing to a generic detachment - I guess it's equivalent to the Crusade Force Org Chart primary detachment but with slightly different slot quantities.
>>
>>53428642
>2K list with Knight
Okei
>>
>>53428642
I mean, there's a serious volume problem there. He has 20 T3 scoring models, for one thing, and that list conveniently gives everything in an army something to shoot. AA picks on the single angry bee, anti-infantry kills Thralls, anti-tank focusses on the Knight and anything spare picks at the slowly advancing shortrange MCs. He has the Knight and then like two AP2 weapons, even. One Lightning with some luck and he's fucked.

Also, that painting is damn nice and the abeyant is cool as shit even if it is fairly simple. Is he the guy who does all the FW Malinax stuff?
>>
>>53428642
Eh, I wouldn't mind. Then again, 20 Secutarii really don't give a fuck about any vehicle you bring

Also it's fully painted and doesnt look like crap, better than 90% of tourney players
>>
At 2k points I don't take enough anti-tank to have an easy time against an 8 hull point, 14/13/12+ion shield super-heavy at 2,000 points, but it's still reasonable for him to bring one (and only one). I wouldn't complain.
>>
File: IMG_2420.png (480KB, 671x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2420.png
480KB, 671x502px
>tmw you realize Knight armies are going to be even more unkillable and fucking terrifying in 8th

Oh help me God, nothing short of concentrated lascannons fire can save us now.
>>
>>53428978
>Chainfists at initiative
Yeah I don't think so.
>>
>>53428978
We don't know what Haywire will do, yet. Hoping it fucks with saves AND wounding somehow, or it'll be a tad useless.
>>
>>53429001
>D3 damage

Oh I'm sooooooooo scared. Point is it feels like a lot of more compact heavy weapons (autocannons, missile launchers, assault cannons, even volkite and Plasma) are gonna be a lot less effective since vehicles plodding around with 15+ wounds don't really mind 1-2 coming from dedicated HS squads.

It's starting to look like weapons will either be very good at AT, or not good at all.
>>
I for one approve of this. Melta and Lascannons will be excellent choices, even more so for my 15 Iron Havocs with lascans. Wonder how missile launchers will work though, flakk ones especially.
>>
>>53429095
>>D3 damage
No way. Chainfists have got to be better than regular Power fists. They just have to.
Besides, a Knight killer termie squad would be armed with both chainfists and combi-meltas, all of the squad. Like that Titan-killer Lyssander squad with a void grenade. They'll bring the killy weapons.
>>
>>53428978

24 T8 3+5++ wounds might sound tough, but anything S5 or above will wound it on a 5+, heavy bolters and autocannons will reduce that save to a 4+, and plenty of things will be capable of putting more than one wound on it at a time. The new system should be getting rid of a lot of the rock-paper-scissors shenanigans.
>>
>>53429249
Should they really? Chainswords are not armor-piercing weapons in any 40k edition, and in terms of fluff that makes sense. So why would a smaller chainsword stuck onto a fist suddenly be awesome at cutting through armor plating? That makes no sense. They should be cheap close combat weapons that keep your hand free for a gun, and nothing more.

Power fists should be what works against tanks.
>>
>>53429298
>So why would a smaller chainsword stuck onto a fist suddenly be awesome at cutting through armor plating? That makes no sense
Anon shut your heretical hole, cease your blasphemous babble! Power swords cut through armour like a hot knife through butter, chainfists cut through fucking ship bulkheads like hot chainswords through butter.
Power fists simply have more powerful mass-disrupting power fields than other weapons. Add an industrial saw to benefit from it and there you have it, that's why they have Armourbane.
A power field on moving blades does more damage. We already had this discussion when talking about chattaran chainpower axes vs pure power axes.
>>
Another anon will have to bake the bread this time, I am out at the moment and can't reliably post a new bread from my shitty phone
>>
File: 14811155629564362.jpg (326KB, 617x603px) Image search: [Google]
14811155629564362.jpg
326KB, 617x603px
>>53425140
How about Trap Sanguinius?
>>
File: 1490769014035.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490769014035.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>53425901
>Also, does anyone have the paint conversion chart for citadel colours?
Why yes, of course
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
>>
Bake a thread plz, I'm phoneposting and away from my laptop. Can't do a femsummary on the phone.
I write only with my index finger
>>
>>53429771
Summarizing now.
>>
File: 1489235105832.jpg (132KB, 985x734px) Image search: [Google]
1489235105832.jpg
132KB, 985x734px
>>53430130
If you can't bake, and I can't bake, who is flying the Stormwhale?!
>>
>>53430198
Who left the Silica Animus turned on?!
>>
>>53430198
>If you can't bake, and I can't bake, who is flying the Stormwhale?!

That would be me, although I don't get the reference. Everyone on board!

>>53430214
>>53430214
>>53430214
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.