[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 613
Thread images: 88

File: warhammer general new.jpg (718KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer general new.jpg
718KB, 1024x768px
Imperial Armour 14 WHEN edition
Custodian and SoS 30k Equipment Available WHEN sub-edition
Fat Marines Need Chapter Specific Upgrades NOW sub-sub-edition
Primaris Marine OOO face WHEN minor-sub Edition

8th Edition Release Date Announced
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Previous thread
>>53402890

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/22/new-warhammer-40000-cities-of-death-may22gw-homepage-post-4gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AlM9YMKgJU [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf
>>
First for first forgeworld rules today.

What will it be, tg?
>>
Old shoulders and heads fit on the primaries marines. I doubt they'll make new upgrade kits for a while.
>>
File: 59626994_p0.jpg (503KB, 1748x2480px) Image search: [Google]
59626994_p0.jpg
503KB, 1748x2480px
What is going to happen with the DE Lore (and by extension Eldar as well?) after this whole Gathering Shitstorm?

Commorragh is pretty much fucked. Ulthwe and Biel-Tan are pretty much fucked. All relevant characters with Slaanesh2.0

Is there any hope for the Eldar, both DE and CE now? Or is the hope for the Eldar all with the Ynnari?
>>
>>53402932
>>53403567
Cadia wasn't destroyed. It wasn't blown up like a cyclonic torpedo does. It was just a catacylsmic explosion and all the funky earthquakes. The White Dwarf hints that they're going to try and retake it when it's settled down.

Creed is obviously going to return from his Pokeball and take it back.

>>53403572
Vect moved all his valuable shit to another part of the webway and sealed it off. He had always planned too. Lady Mayls and shit are fighting Vect's goons, Daemons and so on. So my guess is Vect and his minions will be safe in another part of the webway.
>>
File: IMG_9402.jpg (396KB, 750x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9402.jpg
396KB, 750x529px
So I'm thinking of getting into 40k and I really like the Thousand Sons buyback do they really only have 4 units? Am I reading this right? It doesn't seem like much variety.
>>
>>53403596
They currently have 4 units, yes. This is no abnormal for a new army. You're suppose to supplement it with other units like Cultists and Spawn and Dreadnoughts and stuff.
>>
File: LordofContagion1.jpg (124KB, 800x945px) Image search: [Google]
LordofContagion1.jpg
124KB, 800x945px
>>53403542
So I'm talking with a guy about splitting the new starter box. He wants the loyalist marines, which leaves me with the Deathguard.

While I'm tempted, I don't really have much nurgle stuff, and what I do have isn't nearly that 'fleshy'. I like some of the Plague marines with their gas masks and patchwork bolters, but I'm less certain on what to do with the rest of the squad that's mostly teeth and tendrils. Not to mention the Pox zombies.

Any suggestions for some conversions with them? Or just other legions/warbands I could paint them up as and have them work?
>>
File: 14874261189.jpg (8KB, 181x310px) Image search: [Google]
14874261189.jpg
8KB, 181x310px
>>53403605
his axe is bent and its bothering me because of my failcast ptsd
>>
Are the figs in the new starter set less intimidating than I think they are?
I mean, did they just paint them in a very busy, elaborate way, and there's a simpler way to do it? Because they look AoS-levels of unnecessarily complicated.
>>
File: triumvirate1.jpg (712KB, 1238x731px) Image search: [Google]
triumvirate1.jpg
712KB, 1238x731px
Making my way, Terra
Walking fast
10k years have passed
And I'm home-bound

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Across the Imperium

And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder

If I could make, the traitors die
Do you think Magnus would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a trillion miles
If I could just see dad tonight
>>
>>53403596
There's those units which are specifically theirs, but they also have access to everything else in the Chaos marine book. You can get them Rhinos, Tanks, Daemon Engines, Heldrakes, Cultists, Warp Talons, whatever
>>
>>53403629
>they look AoS-levels of unnecessarily complicated
Welcome to the miracle* of CAD sculpting.
>>
File: Timmysfirstmini.jpg (98KB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
Timmysfirstmini.jpg
98KB, 720x464px
>>
File: 1495533525385.jpg (32KB, 401x406px) Image search: [Google]
1495533525385.jpg
32KB, 401x406px
WHAT THE FUCK GW. YOU MADE ALL MY CURRENT MARINES FUCKING USELESS YOU CUNTS

GOOD JOB COSTING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MARINE PLAYERS MILLIONS OF POUNDS YOU ABSOULTE KNOW JOCKEYS
>>
>>53403659
Jimmy is going to be a boring little shit but Timmy is in for a wild ride down the rabbit hole of chaos.
>>
>>53403605
Start from scratch.
Hot looking beefeaters coming out, you don't want sad old manlets messing up your look.
>>
>>53403659
little timmy sure sounds retarded.
>>
File: 1494648824384.jpg (43KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1494648824384.jpg
43KB, 400x438px
>>53403639
>>
>>53403674
>fucking useless
wot

I'm pretty happy not being stuck with downs-children assault troops.
>>
>>53403629
Well, I would suggest painting them before assembling, but since they're snap fit that only goes so far.

There are a lot of little details, but worst case scenario you go at it with 4 different shades of green and a bottle of texture paint and who'll even be able to tell what's what.
>>
>>53403694
>replying
>>
>>53403691
I'm planning on getting a few as Khornates, since then it actually makes sense for them to be buffer than the rest. That's assuming they release a Numarine model aside from the basic squad that doesn't look like Ass though.
>>
SLY MARBO MODEL FUCKING WHEN? THEY GAVE HIM RULES FOR SHADOW WAR AND CATACHAN IS BEING INVADED BY ORKS. GIVE ME FUCKING MARBO.
>>
40k AoS'd yet? Is kill soon?
>>
>>53403723
40k had its AoS in 1998
>>
File: FemSigmarine.jpg (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FemSigmarine.jpg
127KB, 1000x1000px
>>53403401
No one gives a shit what they think except you guys, I'm talking about actual players and modelers wanting them as an option.
>>53403513
I could do whatever I want, but official recognition is always better. Besides, SoS being all female is just as retarded as Space Marines. At least SoB have that whole "no men-at-arms" fluff.
>>53403569
>Sigmarines can be women. Just no boob-plate. I've seen some pics before and requested a few.
I knew they could, I'm referring to femSigmarines being represented in the fluff even if not in models, which is something GW could do with Space Marines if they didn't want to make female SM models. Just giving people options like they should.
>>53403535
Say if I wanted to do a tacticool Raptor's style force, it would be kind of hard to do if all their abilities are literally about faith, all of their weapons are close-quarters flamers and melta, and many of their special units are literally just suicide by glorious melee combat.
>>
>>53403736
>shitposters even being a glint in their daddy's eye in 98

Wew.
>>
>>53403605
is that 50mm base?
>>
File: 1475361131346.jpg (37KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1475361131346.jpg
37KB, 480x477px
>bolters now have no ap
>takes a rubric marine to ignore a guardsmans save now, for every one of which you have about 6 guardsmen for
>no templates means no horde mulching at all
>most characters made invincible to shooting by placing them around a handful of guards
>lasguns can hurt anything
>d6 system means best save will still always be a 2+ meaning drowning in wounds is still a viable strategy, made even better by the supposed reduction in re-rollable saves
>morale works in a model by model sense so no more losing bricks to failed morale or sweeping advance

By the throne is 8th just infantry guard the edition?
>>
File: tg.png (1019KB, 2100x1079px) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
1019KB, 2100x1079px
What hell spawned place have I run into this time? This damn'd being thrown into the warp shit is getting really rather tiresome.

Oh god it smells like cheetos and shame here... and sweet Emperor what is this? Heretical shitposters, wiafufags, and xeno lovers?
>>
>>53403782
>Gullyman complaining about waifufags and xeno lovers
So, who was that nice lady who woke you up with a kiss, Daddy Smurf?
>>
>>53403776
the battleshock is a big downgrade for guard blobs though
we'll have to wait and see what the commisar does in his bubble before we judge the effectiveness of a 50 man blob
>>
>>53403739
>Say if I wanted to do a tacticool Raptor's style force,

Tacticool sisters? Sort of what I'm doing with mine actually. They're from a medieval forest world, and they have old legends about a saint who struck down an entire army of heretics with just one arrow blessed by the Emperor.

I've got meltagun dominions to slag hard targets in cover, basic squads with flamers for breaching and clearing and generally taking down lighter infantry, and a command team loaded up with Condemnor Boltguns in case of any pesky witches. Cloaks, feathers, green/brown/silver color scheme.

The flaw in your thinking is the idea that you need to have a special rule to give all your sisters sniper Boltguns and a cover bonus in order for them to be clever and sneaky.
>>
>>53403776
No, Khornate Berzerkers in Rhinos will break a guard gunline easily.
>>
File: holy shit.png (199KB, 1190x587px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.png
199KB, 1190x587px
I found this in my old folder. I wonder where this anon is now?
>>
the new death guard units look awful
guess I'll move my main army from nurgle's chaos to spess marines this edition
>>
File: mfw your post.jpg (68KB, 595x565px) Image search: [Google]
mfw your post.jpg
68KB, 595x565px
>>53403830
>the new death guard units look awful

You've been baiting all thread. Have a (You).
>>
>>53403815
Still around.
Honestly, not that huge an unprecedented outlier of a prediction, though.
>>
>>53403854
More the fact that OP says Primarch's will return and the anon says they'll move the plot ahead. All of which happened. I know it's not that much of an outlier, but if I wasn't so lazy I'd go find that thread in archive and see if anybody laughed at the notion.

And if he is still around, he's a stronger man than me. The board is sadly just another victim of Discord Raiders. Only came back to see the views of the new edition.
>>
>>53403782
A challenger appears.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0OguFlzxkip
>>
File: 1493475335938.jpg (119KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493475335938.jpg
119KB, 640x640px
>another fucking femarine discussion

You understand they make marines from feral adolescents that have to kill one another and brave the elements to pass the trials?

The marines recruit little Kratos, not Katniss.
>>
>>53403572
Commorragh is still there. Kheradruakh along with his mandrake and some heamunculi fought back the demon. Commorragh is now a mandrake territory.

Vect made new Commorragh.
>>
>>53403776
Will you stop with this meme allready ? Can you into basic maths or do I have to explain to you how much metric fuctons of lasgun shots do you need at 4+/6+ to bring down a 10W+ model ? And that's not even aknowledging it's armor save.
>>
>>53403881
It's not even that, you dimwit, they've specifically stated that the Geneseed they use is only compatible with males, and it's been that way for a long time, no matter what Fabulous Bill has to say about it.
>>
>>53403868
I'll admit, I'm a newfag. Just started hanging around last year, when I was vaguely curious about GW lore; now, I'm getting into the game, and I just stick around because I don't know where else to talk about 40k.
Of all the things I hear get the blame for /tg/'s fall, Discord's a new one to me.
>>
>>53403852
They do look bad. So do the primaris marines.
>>
File: tg1.png (1MB, 2000x1028px) Image search: [Google]
tg1.png
1MB, 2000x1028px
>>53403782
I offense to that you little shit, I'll have you know...

DO NOT WORRY MY LIEGE, FOR I, *CATO SICARIUS* WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE VILE SHITPOSTER

Oh now you've done it, you made this faggot start up again, thanks.
>>
>>53403852
that was my first post here since the reveal but thanks I appreciate it
and they do look awful
the original theme for death guard was an army that uses practical armor only with little to no decoration, but once they got corrupted they started bloating up, sprouting some horns and getting generally diseased
but these new designs are just all over the place with as much shit glued to them as they could possible hold
they are more flamboyant than emperor's children now

where is the simple but diseased design gone off to?
>>
>>53403900
I actually mentioned Fab Bil last thread, to point out the fact that female Space marines (or equivilent) should technically be possible through all sorts of heretical means.

Got no answer. They don't care about the actual reasonable ways to get what they want. It has to be the Emperor descending from on high to turn half of all the loyalist space marines in the universe into women before writing a heartfelt apology.
>>
>>53403902
Discord chatrooms are to blame for 4chan in general turning into a shittier place.
>>
File: 1483936735867.jpg (32KB, 596x401px) Image search: [Google]
1483936735867.jpg
32KB, 596x401px
>>53403659
But then Timmy decides to be a smart little fucker and watches the Putrid Blightkings videos before he started, making Jimmy's thickly layered blueberries look like trash in comparison
>>
>>53403929

Is Discord chatrooms codeword for Russians and /pol/tards now?
>>
>>53403914
Away to make multiple thin and difficult details to thwart recasters.
>>
>>53403925
Can you imagine if they made the only lady space marines filthy heretics? Can you feel the sjw backlash in your bones?
>>
>>53403935
>Putrid Blightking
With how dumb these names are I'm surprised they didn't name someone Smelly Doodoohead.
>>
What do you speculate on the new Necrons rules ?

>Quantum shielding : bonus to armor saves at high HP.
>Living metal : basically IWND
>Gauss : rending
>Cryptek back being technowizards with cool shit lile they used to be
>scarabs have rending
>>
>>53403945
Christ, is *that* why all the new designs are so goddamn complicated? Goddamn copyright protection?
I'm just getting into this now; I came very close to going Marine because they seem to have a pretty simple design. And at first, I didn't see any problem with the NuMarines, but seeing the ones in the new boxed set, they seem way too complicated for a beginner to paint. To say nothing of the aforementioned Death Guard.
>>
>>53403947

They're your dudes. Call him Fartmaster Fred if you like.
>>
>>53403929
Er...what's the correlation?
>>
>>53403947

[adjective] [noun][noun] is GW's current EPICCOOL naming scheme for AoS

>Putrid Blightking
>Eternal Stormcast
>>
>>53403955

>And at first, I didn't see any problem with the NuMarines, but seeing the ones in the new boxed set, they seem way too complicated for a beginner to paint.

Are you being serious? The paint scheme for UltraNuMarines is the same as the scheme outlined in the WH40k starter paint set. That paint box set is literally all you need to paint up these NuMarines. I mean if you want to make it simpler:

>prime ultramarine blue with spray can or whatever
>douse in wash
>paint gold parts
>paint weapons black
>paint eyes whatever
>paint angry faces on shoulders

bam ur done your primaris models now ready for golden daemon
>>
>>53403925
>to point out the fact that female Space marines (or equivilent) should technically be possible
There is literally no proof of that and considering that literally every marine has been male there isn't any practical reason to suspect otherwise. Beyond that unless you're growing them purely in vats killing your babymakers is generally a poor thing to do.
>>
>>53403946
It would be delicious. Also, they don't have to 'do' anything, since it's already technically possible with a bit of extrapolation of fluff.

But hey, they're always ranting and raving about progress and change, and they clearly want these female marines to actually look like women so they can have them be perfect and sexy to satisfy their egos. Seems clear where their motivations lie.
>>
>>53403782
>>53403908
Gulliman looks like he's steppin'.
>>
>>53403946

What's funny is that is that is actually the most fluff acceptable answer because of Fabulous Bile
>>
>>53403943
>>53403960
No. The problem with discords is that they ruin the natural ecosystem of 4chan generals
You see, each thread always has its group of attention whores and drama queens/kings. This is inevitable. But the "tripfags are gay" mentality keeps them under check. This is why they're forced to hide away, therefore not shitting up the thread.
But with Discord, these attention whores get a new outlet to express their inherent need to have an identity. This then creates drama in the Discord, which is then directly reflected onto the general, which usually doesn't even understand half of what's going on. On top of that, it gives a place for raiders from cripplechan and /b/ to organize their strikes, since doing that on 4chan is banned. This means more raiders and more spammers.
Discord was a mistake.
>>
>>53403972
>killing your babymakers is generally a poor thing to do
There's like a hundred worlds to every one where being a "birther" matters.
And since it was Fabioso Pillock who mentioned female marines, you can presume the fatality rates and quality wouldn't be very good.
>>
>>53403962
Pshh. Bloodsecrator is Noun|Verb and equally stupid.
>>
>>53403946
>The only female space marines are at war with the galaxy-spanning empire that is a patriarchy ruled by an Emperor and his sons. He has no daughters, except the symbolic nuns that dress in fetish armor and are clearly brainwashed and oppressed

How would they not like this again? Oh right, because they don't actually care about the fluff, and just read about a fictional thing that girls can't be and got upset.
>>
>>53403946
I still don't understand why people want superhuman nazi psycopaths to be an equal opportunity employer.
>>
>>53403946
They would topple the Imperial Patriarchy.
>>
>>53403962
Oh fuck Jim Theis had taken over naming shit

> inb4 Stygian Accordions
>>
File: on13x4zc8czy.jpg (287KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
on13x4zc8czy.jpg
287KB, 1242x2208px
I thought you nerds said the rulebook was gonna be cheaper
>>
>>53403952
>Cryptek back being technowizards with cool shit lile they used to be
This so much.
>>
>>53403955
>too complicated to paint

Jesus christ man, the only range simpler to paint that marines are Necrons.
Come the fuck on now.
>>
>>53403758
Well I was 16 in 1998. How about you?
>>
>>53403572
>Thinking Commoragh was anything more than a staging point for the Craftworld story
We knew what we were getting into when we chose to play Dark Eldar, don't start expecting anything from GW now. Commoragh is going to be on pause until the Ynnari need some plot advancing.
>>
>>53404007
Rules are free.
RuleBOOK? Entirely different matter.
>>
>>53404007

Rules are free. Rules with fluff costs extra.
>>
>>53404007
the rulebook is fucking free online you twat.
>>
>>53403639
Cawl needs a double bass.
>>
>>53404007
>$20 for a dice cube
Oh man, they're tripping on some serious shit

>>53404020
>>53404022
>>53404026

Actually, the free rules don't have the "advanced rules" section, either.
>>
>>53404007
Well the indices are cheaper than most codices were
>>
>>53403955
>Spoiled Faggot.

I'm sure there're a lot of "non-complicated" range out there.

Wizkid or FFG miniature seem like a suitable range for you.
>>
>>53404020
>>53404022
Power rules are free. Points rules cost buckets.
>>
>>53404045
Yeah. Although going by what they said on the web article I think they have minimal fluff/art/whatever else and just seem to be rules indices
>>
>>53403972
the imperium doesn't have population issues

I would imagine that if done, a female space marine would be difficult to determine from a male space marine, aside from having different needs in terms of waste disposal in their suits and maybe requiring some different implants. The level of augmentation, implants, and hormone treatments that marines go through to make them what they are, and the fact that recruits are prepubescent, mean and secondary sex characteristics would be decidedly masculine. With enough testosterone, their voice would crack and they would grow a beard too. They would not end up feminine at all.

Female marines aren't done in lore well because they aren't. The Emperor wanted an all male force. Leave it alone at that.
>>
>>53403972
>no proof

I can list you a half dozen ways it could happen

>Fabius Bile succeeds on his female marine bio project. They're mediocre. He sells batches of them off for use by warbands

>Slaanesh turns a chapter of his/her queer marines into women as a blessing. They retain their biology due to warp magic, but are all sexy ladies

>Tzeentch finds a copy of Tomb of Horrors, enacts it on a group of marines. First trap swaps gender and alignment, turning them all into women and driving them mad as a curse

>Someone copies Ahrimin's rubric spell to make some more Rubrics, then uses warp magic to mold their armor into looking more lady-like because he's vain like that

>A female cultist of any god gained enough favor to get significant mutations and boons to be the equal of a space marine, then killed one in ritual combat for his armor

Sure, there's no stories of this happening (aside from the last one), but there's nothing here that breaks fluff in the grand scheme of the galaxy. It's no more lorebreaking than having an army of merfolk because an Imperial Navy ship got lost in the warp and flooded with water and everyone grew gills.
>>
So PRYMARIZ Orks and The Beast are all but confirmed for 8e, right?
>>
>>53404043
> Implying you won't just download a scan of the book
>>
>>53404052
I actually like the power level rules, but I know everyone will insist on playing points only
>>
>>53404056
They'll probably just have a short fluff blurb introducing each faction. Maybe a short blurb for each unit.
>>
>>53404057
The highest tier of physical specimens are men. If you want to make soldiers out of the best of the best you choose males. It's really not difficult to understand.
>>
>>53404071
The majority of the people I play with would see me say 'power rules' and then think about how many points they could squeeze into their power.
>>
>>53404071
That's because the power levels don't seem like they're intended in any way for actually balanced matches.
>>
>>53404061
Daemon Princesses can even happen through game mechanics. It would be unreasonable to think that only men are foolish enough to join chaos cultists, and cultist champions might win that challenge and get that perfect roll, you never know.
>>
>>53403975
>perfect and sexy
No, that's bad and wrong because making them sexy caters to men. They have to be fat and ugly. Except not in a negative way because they're also strong and beautiful in their own way.

There's quite literally no pleasing them.
>>
>>53404105
Which is irrelevant to the conversation because daemons aren't CSM.
>>
>>53403968
>>53404009
>>53404046
>Like any of you don't just field armies of gray blobs
>>
>>53404105
Yep. A Cultist Champion could also theoretically get +1 S, +1 T, and +1 Initiative through various Chaos boons. Makes it easy to live long enough to train up to WS/BS 4, and then what do you know? just a 3+ save short of a space marine.
>>
File: 1493716908064.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493716908064.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>rubrics = MK4, inferno bolters, option to take warpflamers, and their heavy weapon is an autocannon. Squad lead gets staff
>scarab occult = Tartaros, inferno combi bolters, warpflamer or autocannon, powerswords, and missile rack. Squad lead gets staff
>plague marines = MK3, knives, grenades, and bolters, with "heavier" weapon being plasma. No alt basic weapon options that we can see so far(?) Squad lead gets powerfist
>plague terminators (I'm betting on grave wardens rather than death shroud) = cataphractii, no real ideas on weapons though I'm guessing at least one might get a powerfist judging by the plague sergeant guy, maybe heavy plasma gun as one option? What do you guys think these guys will get?
>noise marines = MK2 presumably, probably sonic blasters. Heavy weapon option likely a blastmaster, and sergeant probably gets a whip or sword.
>noise terminators (phoenix guard maybe?) = ??? pattern armor, doom sirens and master blasters to go alongside standard sound stuff?
>zerkers = Mk5, chainaxes and pistols, if given alt options then I dunno. Giant chainsaw held low at the sides or something anyone?
>zerker terminators (Red butchers) = ??? armor, a bunch of axes, lead gets chainfists alongside axes, ???
>>
File: 1494606968043.png (20KB, 489x293px) Image search: [Google]
1494606968043.png
20KB, 489x293px
Daily reminder that this is the average femarines fag.
>>
>>53404097
With the level of modification that the marines go under, at at such an early age, I wonder how much it really matters.

Do you know of any very early age FTM transitioners? That might be worth having a look to see how female space marines might turn out.
>>
>>53404133
plastic sisters confirmation?
>>
>>53404010
Wait, you the guy shitposting or the guy saying they're the same as 2e? If the latter, then that makes sense. if the former, god damn, act your age.

>>53404133
That's shitposting. Look at the avatar.
>>
>>53403929
>>53403989
So far the /40kg/ Discord I set up has been rather civilized. I know it's anecdotal, but everyone seems decently behaved. I did it as a minor attempt to see if we can get some decent discussion with minimal shitposting interrupting the conversation. So far so good, and we have 22 total members.

I'll take the opportunity to drop an invite here. Everyone's welcome to join.

https://discord.gg/mjZcYAN
>>
>>53404127
Most of my blobs are silvery actually since they're metal.
>>
>>53404097
"The highest tier"
Would be ogryn. Don't get all /pol/

>>53404057
*Shrug*
Marines from macragge are all members of the nobility, and women are too important to the family.
Marines from Fenris are from tiny unstable islands constantly in conflict where women are actually very rare.
Marines from Nocturne have to prove themselves as being more physically strong and resilient in the first place even as humans.

There's plenty of reasons beyond 'lol chromosome'.
>>
>>53404148
>implying femarines fags aren't shitposters
>>
>>53404134
This is a pointless argument because if the models are not recognizably female, it will not matter. Therefore, new models would have to be made to cater to the wishes of those who even want those things.

Space Marines have remained all male for 30 years, they can remain so because it actually is an important part of the setting.
>>
>>53404069

Oh, I absolutely will download the epub, but the point stands that the official free product is not the complete rulseset. In the defense of the $60 brb, it DOES have all the expansions like Death from the Skies and Cities of Blood.

>>53404071

Idk, the more I think about it, the more I really like power levels. Like, imagine asking your friend for a quick 40pl game. All you'd have to do is grab a few units and go. No trying to fill in 20pts here or shaving down a squad here so you can squeeze in a other weapon.
>>
>>53404133
GW never did black guys because making black guys required more work. They've done it recently though. Anyway, the point is, Space Marines ARE ALL BLACK AND ALL WHITE. IF A PLANET HAS HEAVY RADIATION OR SUN LIGHT THE MARINES WILL TURN BLACK.

>>53404155
Well done, you've done it now Arry Porter.
>>
>>53404100
unfortunately this

>>53404103
they are intended for a quick estimate of approximate power. In the grand scope of the game, does some tiny upgrade really make all that much difference? Sometimes it does

It would work better if there were stricter rules about wargear and upgrades, such that power levels could be calculated expecting that players would take the available upgprades (as is with AoS's points system which is far less granular than 40k's).
>>
>>53404127
Why does it seem like more people than not field largely unpainted armies? I mean just block colours or something, make a fucking effort
>>
File: PO9VHxs.jpg (32KB, 476x349px) Image search: [Google]
PO9VHxs.jpg
32KB, 476x349px
K̴͟Ŗ̸̸R̵͢R̵̴H̡͝Ḩ͢͢Ḩ̛̕G̡̢̧̀͘G̢͟͜G̸̶̢̕͝H̵̷̛H̸͜͟͝H̶̸̸̡͝

ZOGGIN GROTS
I CANT GET DA FRAG OUT O DIS ZOGGIN SPAEC ULK WIF ALL DEEZ STOOPID FRAGGIN BUGZ KRUMPIN MY NOBZ
I NEED A BIGGA ZAPPA FOR DEEZ BIGGA BUGZ BUT ME FRAGGIN ZOGGIN TELLYPORTA KEEPS SPITTIN OUT OOMIES IN PEECES AN I KEEP KEEP FEEDIN EM TA DIS BIG GRINDA DA BUGZ JUS KEEP POURIN OUT OF SNEAKY BEAKY METUL GRABSHARK BRISTOL PISSIN MORK SMASHIN OBNOCKERS SHART-
Ķ̢̪͙̮̦͇̪̦̝͙̝̦̻̼͎͉̤̫ͫͯ̈́͒͆ͮ̈́̓͌ͤ̌ͯ͂̏̕͜͜ͅR̦̥̖͍̼̹̪̭̦̹͚̹͉̩̼͕̆̿̎̂̀ͅR̶̵̡̪͔̣͕ͭ͂̒̇̔̋͑͋͑̈́̚R̶̷̢̛̬̖̯̰̀͛ͦ͗̎ͤ̃ͮ̾ͤ̊̓ͩ̊ͮ͞H̛̝͓͓̥͕͍̱̻̟̠̰͈̺̪͕̹̙̏ͪ̌͂͐͜H̟̫̣̺̼̗̫̰̳̞ͪͭ̀̈̓͊͋̂̔̈́ͮ̑̒͡H̵̡͇̮͖̩ͣ̿ͦ̾́̉̾ͪ̌̄ͮ̎͊͘G̷̳̪͍͎̗̪͍͓͍̳̪̼̭̑͛̇̍̎̓͘͜ͅG̢̘͔̣̹͔̜͈̼ͤ̿ͩͦͦ̐ͫ̇̏ͭͭ̑̏́̎ͭ́̚G̪̠̳̹̼͓̻̘̫̰̗̼̫͎͓̋̌̆ͣ͂ͩ̑ͨͪͣ͟͠H̷̠̜̦̰͕̬̜̳̹̠̦̤̽̽̈́̾̿͗̋̍ͦ̋̓̑͞Ḩ̶̢̩̥̟͍͕̱̗̫̼̰̖̄̽ͤ͑͞͝H̢̨͎̯̼͇̳̤̦̩͇̗͙̘̃ͦ̄̃ͫ̋͊̽͗͒̍ͭ͊̿̀͛͑ͬ͡
[b]WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!![/b]
K̴͟Ŗ̸̸R̵͢R̵̴H̡͝Ḩ͢͢Ḩ̛̕G̡̢̧̀͘G̢͟͜G̸̶̢̕͝H̵̷̛H̸͜͟͝H̶̸̸̡͝
>>
>>53404155
You're a retard and I hope you die in a car crash.
>>
>>53404061
I don't particularly care if it's possible, only that people have a good justification that isn't "because we need wimminz".

Modeling possibilities are not really a good excuse, they're your dudes, do what you want regardless.
>>
Just realized, they're not releasing the Death Guard/Nurgling Green paints when the starter launches. You'd think GW would want to have those paints, the ones made for the new Death Guard minis, out with the starter so that people don't go out and buy a bunch of alternative paints.
>>
>>53404169
>Idk, the more I think about it, the more I really like power levels. Like, imagine asking your friend for a quick 40pl game. All you'd have to do is grab a few units and go. No trying to fill in 20pts here or shaving down a squad here so you can squeeze in a other weapon.
You should try doing some Age of Sigmar list building for an approximation of how power levels might work out. It is so much faster and easier than 40k 7e listbuilding and honestly really nice.
>>
>>53404199
Of course. I'm just pointing out that there are various ways that someone who did want female marines could already go about it and justify it, in fluff if nothing else.

Enough people have also spent time trying to do conversions for sisters of battle that it would be easy for someone like that to make some models for such an army if they wanted.

Which is basically my point, that these people don't actually play or care about the game or setting, because if they actually cared then they would have looked for answers instead of problems. Thus, they certainly shouldn't be catered to.
>>
>>53404071
Power levels seem so pointless though. You can already play unbalanced or narrative matches with points, or say f it and take whatever you don't need gw to tell you that
And if points are too complicated, you can just get out and stay gone. Hell most people use list builders qnyways
>>
>>53404232
It sounds like it'd be really nice for pickup games. Like if you have a bunch of your models with you, and there's someone with a differently sized one, then you can just ballpark a point value that they can fit, and have a list done in under a minute.

No more needing to bring multiple lists for different point values depending on what people have.
>>
>>53404232
I have (even though no one here plays it yet), and I think that's why I like it so much. It's a much more simple process, yet still has a deceptive amount of strategy.
>>
>>53403956
Thanks for naming my sorceror, anon.
>>
>>53404242
Oh yeah I agree.
That's usually how this kind of stuff goes.
>>
>>53404167
>This is a pointless argument because if the models are not recognizably female, it will not matter.
The truth is that it doesn't really matter. Astartes are barely even human.

I'd much rather have female guardsmen, especially if it means replacing the old ass 1998 catachans, 2002 cadians, and the metal models that are even older. Except with all that tacticool gear, they won't end up looking particularly feminine either, so neckbeards will get triggered.
>>
>>53404169
Or you can just try not being autistic about list building and either fill the 20 points in with some random wargear or don't bother filling the points at all. Unless a group is absurdly WAAC that 20 points probably isn't going to make or break you.

>>53404255
I feel like it's just opening itself up way too much to people cheesing. Oh you brought a hoard list? Well this squad has all flamers. Oh the next guy has termies? Now the squad is all plasma.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
I'm going to use a hyper-Manlet chaplain on the left, as the leader of my Primaris Marines.

It'll be like a little angry drill sergeant.

Custode should give a rough idea of scale.
>>
>>53404120
Unattractive women hate attractive women. Why do you think tumblr sjws are not composed of supermodels? They just prefer to direct that hatred at men/patriarchy etc, because they can't be seen to be attacking women.
>>
>>53404188
>>53404188
This !

I rarely field unpainted models and if I do, they represent only like 10% of my army and are still primed.

My LGS doesn't allow unpainted models for tournaments so there is that too.
>>
>>53404282
This amuses me to no end
>>
>>53404249
>power levels pointless
Not really? again if they factored in upgrades already when determining point levels, then it would be proximately balanced. It isn't like points are balanced as is anyway...

>list builder
if you are really familiar with your codex list builders actually slow you down I think. It takes me half an hour to set up an 1850 point list in that picture book editor.

>>53404261
People who have never tried it will never be convinced

>>53404281
people cheese already with magnets and stuff and you can handle it the same way - by talking to them like an adult

If you are playing power levels anyway you are likely in a casual setting like a store or club, and if they make an ass out of themselves they word will get around quickly.
>>
>>53404281
WYSIWYG still matters. You make a list with power levels by just plopping what you own onto the table and going by what it has on them, since you don't need to buy any 3 point invisible upgrades to fill out your force.

List tailoring would still happen to be sure, but that would happen with people like that even if you both spent all the extra time going for detailed points.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 327x154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 327x154px
>>53403627
It's on purpose.

Straight axes fuck your wrists up after a while.
>>
>>53404282
I like your color scheme. I think I will take it !
>>
>>53404199
I know that I feel infinitely better about someone wanting LadyMarines if I see they've actually kitbashed them together, instead of Yet Another Drawfag hastily sketching them.
>>
File: image.jpg (716KB, 2592x944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
716KB, 2592x944px
>>53403605
What's not to love about Death Guard.

they're easy to paint to tabletop standard. And easy to take further than that.
>>
>>53403956
Just greenstuff some buttcheeks from the cloak blowing out the cloud and it's perfect.
>>
File: Mechdar.jpg (58KB, 800x366px) Image search: [Google]
Mechdar.jpg
58KB, 800x366px
How is Mechdar in 7th ed?

MY LGS is running a tournament this weekend for 40k.

I haven't played since 5th ed, but I calculated my old mechdar army and its just about 1500 pts, just enough for the tourney.

I'm considering signing up to play, however, I'd like an honest opinion as to how mechdar is in 7th ed.
>>
File: 1495603818448.png (1MB, 2100x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1495603818448.png
1MB, 2100x1079px
>>53403782
Fear not Roboute, I'll guide you out from this place!
>>
>>53404349
>have a bunch of death guard minis
>I thought their trim was lewd belcher with typhus corrosion painted over it
>it's actually gold
>mfw
Do I continue doing the rusted trim or strip my models and do gold
>>
>>53403993
Blood Reaver
Blood Warrior
Blood Crusher
Blood Stoker
Blood Thirster
Blood Letter
Blood-secrator
>>
What is in the big rules book if the indexes will have the points?

Are the free rules going to be Powerlevel play? Or proper 40k rules
>>
>>53404007
So is it confirmed these are all the new 40k models at release?
Does the other new shit come a month+ later?
>>
File: 60_multimeltas.jpg (123KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
60_multimeltas.jpg
123KB, 500x750px
>>53404378
>lewd belcher
>>
>>53404349
I'm just not a big fan of Nurgle in general. The only thing I have is a Termie lord that I gave orange armor because I thought it'd be fun to have him as a walking Biohazard warning.

Outside of that though, I'm generally not a fan of more fleshy models as a whole, and the nurgle ones with boils and guts just don't really do much for me. I like Nurgle's aesthetics more in terms of rust or corrosion than disease. That's why I was hoping to try something else with some of them.
>>
>>53404378
>lewd belcher
>>
>>53404378
I'm on the exact same boat as you man. I did belcher into typhus with small edges or pecks of ironbreaker. I'm half considering changing it up because initially when I started 40k I just thought it was rust brown coloration altogether for the trim. I'm still not really sure what green they use but I like straken green for the main armor color on my fellas.
>>
>>53404308
Cheesing with magnets isn't really that big of a deal with points because they at least have to adjust their entire list, power levels just make it even easier

There seems to be plenty of stores/clubs with their own resident WAAC player(s) that stick around for a while so I'd rather not rely on peer pressure to make faggots not be faggots.

>>53404309
You don't have to take that 3 point upgrade to fill out your force though. There's literally no requirement that you have to use every single point available to you.

But maybe it's just me. I like actually building lists that are both effective and fluffy to the point that I have a list for basically every commonly played point level at my store that I almost never bother to change other than sometimes working in a different unit to test it within the constraints. The idea of just playing a game by throwing together whatever models we have on hand just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>53404370
Less OP than it was in 6th, but you should be pretty good, all things considered. Biggest thing I would change at a glance would be having the Banshees on foot, since they can run really fast now, and splitting up the Fire dragons between 2 tanks so they can go after different targets, since they'll slag them easily enough.

Main things that might cause you problems are Loyalist Marines, Tau, Tzeentch Daemons, and other Eldar
>>
>>53404384
The rules are the same for both
>>
>>53404370
way more fun to play against than bikedar.

so you might actually lose.

maybe.
>>
>>53404379
Blood Bleeder?
>>
>>53404370
Mechdar is alright, pretty good even, but you don't have anything for fliers and depending on how serious the tournament is you may have a bad time (scatbike eldar will rip you apart, and you might struggle to deal with bullshit like skyhammer)
>>
>>53404413
provided they actually provide point values then on launch match play is possible then?
>>
>>53403674
calm your titties dude.

your current marines aren't obselete. Primaris marines are a new thing not a replacement.
>>
>>53404415
or just Blood Consecrator

Similarly, what is up with the Slaughterpriest? Shouldn't they be "Blood Priest"?
>>
>>53404426
Yet
>>
>>53403952
Gah we will have to wait till the codex come out for that. The teaser will be:
>Yeah they are great and you will be able to play units you wished were better.

So no real info.
>>
>>53404379
Blood Wrecker
Blood Sprayer
Blood Gorer(?)
Blood Rager(?)
Blood Ripper
Skull Raper
>>
>>53404426
I mean, to be fair, there's a good chance that truescale's going to be the standard a few years down the line, but a)that's a long time away, and b)you'll still be able to use the old figs.
(And if anyone says 'they don't look right', I mean, seriously, people can still field the figs from Rogue Trader, and even if they look odd, I'd still be impressed as fuck to see them.)
>>
File: 20170524_014352.png (17KB, 838x282px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_014352.png
17KB, 838x282px
>>53404378
>lewd belcher
>>53404407
It is a rusty iron trim according to the lexicanum
>>
File: 1466521321726.jpg (195KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466521321726.jpg
195KB, 420x500px
>>53404432
the list I posted were all actual AoS units
>>
>>53404428
Slaughter priest is way more metal.
>>
Is it worth starting an army now before the rules come out? I want to play edgelord space elves because the models are cool.

Also is there a place to see how old a kit is? Some of the current GW stuff looks god awful.
>>
>>53404429
The new plague marines are old-scale. Doesn't look like it's anytime soon.
>>
>>53404440
I know. But we can go deeper, anon. We can go waaaay deeper.
>>
>>53404410
>Cheesing with magnets isn't really that big of a deal with points because they at least have to adjust their entire list, power levels just make it even easier
combiweapons are a flat 10 points regardless

and you can always just not play against assholes? each store may have its resident WAAC player, but chances are everyone who plays there knows who they are
>>
>>53404468
Then play them. Any other reason is secondary unless your goal is to powergame.
>>
>>53404480
But it's an awful feeling to be completely incapable of winning. Hopefully everything's relatively balanced.
>>
>>53404468
>Is it worth starting an army now before the rules come out? I want to play edgelord space elves because the models are cool.
it will take you time to build up and paint everything so consider that. It is also better to build your force gradually than all at once.

>>53404468
>Also is there a place to see how old a kit is?
All of the sprues have a year on them. If you google the kit name and "sprue" you can usually find it.

Some of the Metal/Finecast models might not, but most of those are VERY old
>>
File: Inceptor1.jpg (134KB, 1000x975px) Image search: [Google]
Inceptor1.jpg
134KB, 1000x975px
Who else hates these Bolter shield guards?

>imagine Flying with that shit
>What the fuck would it protect

Inb4 muh realisms
inb4 highly advanced tactical wind shields
>>
>>53404473
You're assuming those WAAC players are always the minority that you can avoid. I'm lucky in that my group is about 5 or 6 people who are mostly fluffy but the larger local group is literally 10 or 12 people constantly just trying to out cheese each other.
>new guy posts to the local 40k FB group "I don't understand why people have a problem with Tau" accompanied by a picture of his three riptides and stormsurge
>>
>>53404489
in a casual setting no faction was incapable of winning games, even orks and tyranids

some factions had to try a little harder or were less forgiving of mistakes, but it isn't until you started powergaming that the differences in power really came into picture.

Space Marines were one of the best armies in 7th, but it was entirely possible to field a very mediocre Space Marine list by just putting random stuff on the table.
>>
>>53404509
Wouldn't it be some sort of recoil dampener so you don't fly backwards? Who knows. And yes, they're retarded. All the Primaris Marines are retarded fat fucks.
>>
File: 1500EldarHelp.jpg (321KB, 1427x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1500EldarHelp.jpg
321KB, 1427x1066px
>>53404370

Same Poster here.

Pic related is my current army.

Yeah its got a useless seer council in there eating tons of points. But I wanted it because it was fluffy.

Anyway r8, h8, tipspls.
>>
>>53404491
hmm that doesn't seem to work for me but maybe I'm retarded
>>
>>53404437
Alrght phew I'll keep on keepin on that front then thanks man.
>>
>>53404526
shit. It cut.

I have one more fireprism in there.
>>
>>53404512
for what it is worth, the summoning rules in Age of Sigmar (which the 40k 8th reserve rules look to be copying) allowed you to list tailor by not needing to specify which models or units were in reserve, just however many points you had set aside.

In practice though most people just summon basic troops. Bigger stuff was unpredictable to summon, and having too few models on the table in the early game was a real liability.

Other little details, like Marks of Chaos, are intentionally chosen during deployment in Age of Sigmar, and not during list building, so they can also be used to tailor. In practice yet again, it is usually a non-issue since you would have to build your list very carefully to take full advantage of that ability.
>>
File: Poxwalkers1.jpg (160KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Poxwalkers1.jpg
160KB, 1000x1000px
>>53404524
it is known.
Atleast we have professor Gash and the STD gimps to look forward too
>>
File: ork_boyz_mob.jpg (91KB, 1100x729px) Image search: [Google]
ork_boyz_mob.jpg
91KB, 1100x729px
>>53404528
maybe you just aren't sure what to look for

if you look close at the left edge of this sprue you will see a "(c) Games Workshop 2007"
>>
>>53404509
It's obviously there to make sure you can't see what you're aiming at.

PRIMARIS BRAND SPACE MARINES need to have some sort of handicap, or else they're unstoppable!
>>
>>53404565
Is that guy in the top right one of the cultists from the DV sprue, but mutated?
Huh.
>>
>>53404565
The Death Guard are fantastic. The Primaris Marines are shit. It's the sunken heads, make them look shit and stupid. Like they have no necks. Fucking GW.

They manage to do great models since WHFB End Times, but they then fuck up in the most important part of their career with fucking Fat Marines. My only hope is Blood Angel, Dark Angels and Space Wolves are uniquely designed kits that actually look good.
>>
>>53404509
here is what I think about them:

>The hood over the helmet needed to seal up, like a NASA space suit helmet
>they need to have more jets on them
>No gun shields they always look stupid
>Asymmetry in the model.

If they did this, it would make it look like rather than a normal jump pack assault marine it would be a suit for flying around in space or something
>>
>>53404565
How does he keep that lab coat so white?
>>
File: 1495578899348.jpg (700KB, 1920x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1495578899348.jpg
700KB, 1920x1073px
>>53404598
There feels something off with them, admittedly.
>>
>>53404617
WITH NEW AQUILA CLEANER, YOU TOO CAN HAVE EMPEROR QUALITY WHITES!
>>
>>53404619
They're the main problem. The rest aren't great. But they're better than Interceptor Squad.
>>
>>53404605
Yeah, when I first saw them, I was disappointed because, well, when I hear assault marine, I expect jump packs and sword-and-pistol. If they're meant to be breach-and-clear space combat guys instead, I don't instantly hate that idea. But they'd still need a couple alterations to actually look good.
>>
>>53404580
holy SHIT this sprue gives me so much nostalgia for building a bunch of boyz over 10 years ago.
>>
>>53404580
That actually helps a lot. Thanks anon
>>
>>53404565
getting these just to bring some mutie underhive gang flavour to SWA
>>
Why are the tau in halo wars
>>
>>53404658
they had me at lab coat
>>
Damn son those plague marine guns are some scary shit. Assault 2, 24", S6, AP-2, D3 damage.

Those plague marines are going to be expensive as shit I bet though.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 768x1024px
Mfw people talking shit about DG
>>
>>53404699
Death Guard are awesome
The starter set models are not
>>
File: mfw your post.png (194KB, 348x420px) Image search: [Google]
mfw your post.png
194KB, 348x420px
>>53404707
>he's keeping up with this bait
>>
File: 1495607737103.jpg (140KB, 446x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495607737103.jpg
140KB, 446x412px
>>53404509
Better?
>>
>>53404720
Now we have a real SPACE marine
>>
File: 6ea56693b121.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6ea56693b121.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>53404720
>>
>>53404720
I think so, but what if they had some different armament in their left hand, like a powerfist of something?
>>
>>53404720
Actually pretty cool
Maybe I'll make some CCCP Cosmo-rines...
>>
>>53404714
They're okay, the ICs are pretty okay except the Sorcerer's face (seriously what the fuck is that) but the DG themselves are too busy and full of needless detail and the plague zombies are just pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>53404740
...Joazzz?
>>
>>53404720
Kinda makes you want to break into song
>>
>>53404759
Sorry, I appreciate the old school asthetic of the Plague Zombies. I also like the detail in the Death Guard. The heroes are meh bar the Lord of Contagion. I understand why some don't like it, but I think they're great. They're not bad.
>>
>>53404761
Nope but I am on FP
>>
>>53404720
Remove windshields on guns and sleighs on feet and we are talking
>>
>>53404769
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01QR6C5-Lv0
>>
>>53404769
I understood that reference.webm
>>
>>53404720
Here I hope we can get rid of that Bolter shield, I can live with the gun guard but not that shit.
>>
>>53404776
This so much. Those fucking boots look absolutely terrible. Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>53404772
I didn't say they were bad. I really love the old-school plasma gun on the Death Guard squad, and the stick bomb guy, but overall I'd rather keep the primaris marines and trade out the DG while waiting for the proper kits to release.
>>
>be BAfag
>Assault Marines are now fat Centurions

FUCKING GW. FUCK SAKE, WHAT IS THIS FUCKING SHIT?
>>
>>53404793
i think the issue is people are thinking of them as assault marines. they're orbital drop troubleshooters. probably better to think of them as imperial jet pack infantry. so my guess is similar role as tau crisis suits decked out with burst cannons.
>>
>>53404793
They aren't assault marines. They don't even have melee weapons.

Stick with the marines you own.
>>
>>53404743
Definitely Blood Angel colors, maybe TS sickles and mini-thunderhammers?
>>
>>53404720
>no baloon and fedora hat
>Better?
>>
>>53404643
The rest is just bland
>>
>>53404509
Gunshelds are the thing I hate the least, Personally I'd've slanted them and skipped the outside sight gap, make them interlock at the middle.
>>
>>53404805
this

these new jet pack marines zipping around in space plugging baddies with their bolters would be rad af
>>
>>53404148
I'm >>53403723
But seriously though I am more of a 30k fellow, but only one in my meta so I just have to use my iron warriors as their 40k counterparts and see how this new edition goes and will they be differentiating 40k and 30k...
>>
>>53404805
>>53404806
Yeah but my assumption is... If those are 'new armour' models, that means new Assault Marines will be the same mould with melee weapons I bet. If they're essentially flying Centurions, I can live with it.

If they're a form of Primaris Space Pirate Boarder things, then great! But to me, it looks like they're just a range flyer. I mean Death Company can have jetpacks + Boltguns.
>>
>GW keeps pushing New 40k as HAPPENINGS EVERYWHERE
>NEW MARINES
>NEW CIVIL WAR
>NEW EYE OF TERROR
>CHANGE EVERYWHERE

but they still haven't solved the one meme that could truly make shit Kick Off™: cypher makes it to terra

they even gave him a new dataslate in 7th so he's not forgotten. there are plenty of loose ends already in the lore that they could use to orchestrate change, why just pull shit out of your ass when you have hot & ready fluff to get the change going
>>
>>53404790
The chapter chiropractor
>>
>>53404790
Maybe they were designed for Ice deathworld? Quickly, we need more shops of these stupid suits, somebody give them skiing sticks!
>>
>>53404821
Fuck knows lad. When they announce Female Space Marines, then it's AoS'd.

>>53404827
The leak is that Abaddon makes it to Terra and Cypher proves his loyalty by killing Abaddon with his bolt pistol. At this point Abaddon gets dumped into the Warp and mutated/turned into a DP cause he's angry enough to let it happen and thus gets a new model.
>>
>>53404740
>And all this science I don't understand
>It's just my job five days a week
>>
>>53404509
i think they are supposed to indicate that they are mini-Heavy Bolters. They do look bad though.
>>
>>53404805
>>53404818
Yeah, they don't seem like they're designed to be constantly leaping up, landing, and doing the assault marine things. They feel like the idea is that they're literally just tiny planes, complete with huge engines and landing gear, to strafe around and blast targets with bolters.

It doesn't stop them from looking stupid, but it's clearly a very specific role that allows all the garbage they have on to actually fill a purpose.
>>
>>53404699
Apart from the poxwalkers and the sorceror, I think the rest of the DG models are fucking baller, and the plague marines really get that nostalgiaboner up
>>
>>53404759
The sorcerer has that old "the Northern Winds" look you see on an old map. He is conjuring some shot in his hand and then blowing it at his enemies.
>>
>>53404827
Cypher made it to Terra, with help from Rowboat no less, but Bobby G altered the deal when the Corpse-Emperor told him something or whatever. Cypher, of course, escaped.
>>
>>53404843
Then sorcerer is awesome once you realize he's. Knowing because HE'S USING BREATH OF CORRUPTION
>>
>>53404827
>Cypher shows up to Terra... again
>With Lion El'Jonson
>and they ask to be married with the emperor as witness to their love
>>
>>
Oi gitz, how do ya use dis zoggin interwarp?
>>
>>53404843
Pox Walkers are great fun. People screech that GW doesn't do 'fun' any more, so they make ONE fun model in their Pox Walker set and people say it's shit.

REEEEEE.

>>53404827
Cypher got locked up and then escaped within an hour because some God is buffing him it's implied. Read this though >>53404835 there was rumours going round that Cypher kills Abaddon.
>>
>>53404835
it would actually be a good idea to just kill off abaddon in one way or another
>>
>>53404853
Jonson is the traitor Primarch. The one that turns loyal is either Curze or Omegeon.
>>
>>53404838
The 40k Facebook page has confirmed them to be mini heavy bolters.
>>
>>53404870
But Curze is dead, and ynnari are probably much less inclined to bring him back than any of his other brothers.
>>
>>53404861
>>53404850
I'm not hating on either of those, the sorceror has a great concept but I personally believe his staff isn't imposing enough and it would look better if he's directly blowing that plague cloud from his mouth and not puffing on a glob of warp cancer on his hand

Poxwalkers are fun indeed and I like a couple of the models, but the whole squad isn't my cup of tea, but each to his own
>>
>>53404895
Rumour is Chaos brings him back to fuck up the Imperium, but when he's back he realises that Chaos is way worse than the Imperium and sides with the Imperium for the moment. The Night Lords split.
>>
>>53404895
So is Sanguinius and you can bet your ass he's coming back. Manus probably didn't die in the first place. Or is trapped in the sword of Fulgrim.
>>
>>53404790
I mean, if they're fluffed as zero-g assault, I could see them as a magnetic way to cling to a hull for boarding action, but clearly that's not what they are - they're clearly portal-style shock absorbers.
Between that and the ridiculous size of their jetpacks, it's clear why the Emperor didn't bother with NuMarines before - they're too fucking fat to fly!
>>
resurrection after a long time being dead is some naruto tier bullshit
>>
>>53404906
>rumour
>>53404920
Plz for the love of god no. I love Sanguinius, but dont invalidate his martyrdom.

Let the dead rest anons.
>>53404934
this
>>
File: eh.jpg (48KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
48KB, 604x453px
>>53404906
>night lords can play for either side
>>
>>53404920
>manus probably didn't die in the first place
you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, anon
>>53404906
i can't honestly decide whether that's incredibly stupid or cool as hell

or if it's stupid, but also cool as hell if played right
>>
>>53404943
You do know Sanguinius is a analogy for Jesus, right? And what did Jesus do after he died?
>>
>>53404956
how is he an analogy
>>
>>53404943
Bad news for you, Horus's fight is being retconned as we speak so he will likely return. That and I want to see Space Jesus himself as model.
>>
>>53404862
I just hope Cypher has enough honor not to slay an unarmed man.
>>
>>53404956
No, no, no, no, no and nope.
You're retarded
>>53404962
Guessing BL is the one doing the retconning ? can you point me to the book ? i'm curious.
>>
File: laffin ork.jpg (21KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
laffin ork.jpg
21KB, 345x334px
>>53404963
>>
>>53404950
See, in the Horus Heresy Book 2 I think it talks about how the Iron Hands went insane cause of Manus dying. But it goes "Some think that he didn't die at all". Which lead me to believe that when Fulgrim gave into the Daemon in his sword, the Daemon released an illusion or sucked in Manus. Who is now trapped in the sword.

>>53404960
>Believed the most in the Emperors plan
>Was most like the Emperor
>Saw the future and knew his death was coming (Jesus knew Judas would betray him)
>Went to his death regardless
>Is the 2nd most worshipped guy in the Imperium, after the Emperor. Just like God is first here and Jesus is 2nd.

So on.
>>
>>53404127
I play Necrons, my guys are copper colored via spray paint.
>>
>>53404811
wat
>>
>>53404854
Fuckkkk all that realistic detail that's just gonna be hidden on the back.
>>
>>53404965
>No, no, no, no, no and nope.
>You're retarded

I'm screen capping this for the event. YOU WILL SUFFAH.
>>
>>53404971
that's some really superficial similarities anon
>>
File: 1423646096142.jpg (208KB, 835x483px) Image search: [Google]
1423646096142.jpg
208KB, 835x483px
Let the Angel rest.

His sacrifice is one of the most iconic parts of the lore and defined the identity of his sons more than the vampire theme that was cranked up to 11 with Astorath and plastic fanged heads.
>>
>>53404971
my god can you imagine
"A FOOLISH imperial warrior, wielding an imperial warrior trapped inside a magic sword, stepped forth to oppose me."
>>
File: 1471956329659.png (364KB, 446x412px) Image search: [Google]
1471956329659.png
364KB, 446x412px
>>53404831
>Ice deathworld?
>>
>>53404980
It isn't better, untill you add baloon and adamantium fedora hat
>>
>>53404854
Not I want some, to turn into Mobile Infantry.
>>
>>53404988
How is it superficial? He also died for the Emperor.
>>
>>53404989
Honestly this.
Reading about this made me want to play blood angels so bad.
Shame i'm just so tired of painting red after my admech and red inquisition armies + doing commisions for friends
>>
>>53404877
>mini heavy bolters
>small large bolters
So...bolters?
>>
>>53404995
It's a stovepipe hat, not a fedora.
And a Bowler is far superior, it was decided on day 1.
>>
>>53405014
No, it's a really heavy bolter. Why do you think they need the new jetpacks?
>>
>>53404906

>Siding with nightmarish Eldritch Hell dwelling Terror Gods fucked everything up

Who knew?
>>
File: 1655978.jpg (32KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1655978.jpg
32KB, 960x544px
>>53404989
I play BAs and I want Sanguinius because fuck it, if those Smurfs can have their Primarch back, we can too.
That and I don't give a two shit about lores at this point after that Wrath of Magnus. It's all about games and funs now.
>>
>>53404720
Would be sweet to have a normal head with a clear plastic bubble visor, plus glow-in-the-dark green paint behind the head...
>>
>>53404962
Man that honestly would be the final nail in the coffin for me. I can handle some fudging on the lore here and there but that would be right out. What the fuck is the point of progressing the storyline if you were just going to rewrite the setting anyway? I can't think of any legitimate blood angels fan that would be down with this either.
>>
>>53405023
So unless the stats on HB is changes three of these guys will buzz up to something or someone and unleash 18 S5 AP-1 shots? Thats just nasty.
>>
>>53405008
you're basically saying any follower of some charismatic guy who sacrificed himself is jesus
>>
>>53405026
He didn't really side with them, he just wanted to fight everything and then got killed because fighting the bigger Imperium was a better test of his skills. Then he got his brain blown out. So the Gods think "oh he'll side with us again, he got killed!" then he'll realise that Chaos is awful.
>>
>>53405039
>If they can have this retarded change, i want it too
>>
>>53405045
Nonono. I don't mean that it's a larger, higher-caliber bolter. It's just really, REALLY fucking heavy.
>>
>>53404877
So:
Pistol RoF HB
twl S5 AP-1 Assault 1 Pistol

>or

HB RoF Pistols?
twl 12" 4 -1 Assault 3 Pistol

With the box magazine I know which I'm hoping for.
>>
>>53405039
I play Blood Angels as well and you sound like the spoilt brat at the store that begs their parent for a toy because you saw someone else get one.
>>
>>53405046
Except Sanguinius has an entire fucking Imperium wide celebration called the Sanguinilla, which is Christmas in the Imperium. Where billions of people die trying to get to Terra. He is literally worshipped as something akin to the God. He's called The Holy Primarch. The Angel. Sanguinius is cared more about than anybody else.

Again, he's more like the Emperor and he's worshipped like Jesus is. Emperor is God.
>>
>>53405039
> I want GW to shit over the flavor and fluff of my own chapter because other chapters had retarded changes too
>>
>>53405039
But what'll Sangunius do without the Emperor to tell him what he wants, where to go and how to feel about things?

Remember Sang's flaw was that he had the all the ambition of a crusty sock.
>>
>>53404877
So not only are these things stupid looking like Centurions, they literally are flying centurions, 2 wounds, double heavy bolters and all.
>>
>>53404994
This looks like some kind of club penguin marine
>>
>>53405069
>>53405055
>>53405062
What's the point of bringing Magnus and Mortarion back, with Angron and Fulgrim mentioned and potentially Omgeon as well. Then not bring the others back?

Regardless, Gathering Storm literally has a telepathic message, when no other message was receiving due to Warp, that says "Come home. The Angel needs your strength" and the sender is Unknown. The Angel has always been referred to for Sanguinius. So Sanguinius/Sanguniour basically sent a message going "lol I need your help bro".

>>53405075
He was literally Emperor for a few months. He just liked the Emperor's plan more.
>>
>>53405063
Yeah, but the whole point of both of them is that they sacrificed themselves, and that they're with their respective fathers and not still walking around doing things.

Having Sanguinius come back now would essentially be trying to have some sort of Rapture style event happen.
>>
>>53405039
>>53405091
The difference is that Magnus, Mortarion, Angron and Fulgrim were all never dead. Sangunius is as dead as a rock.

A smarter choice would to bring back primarchs that are actually alive. You know, Leman Russ, Dorn, Lion, Corax, Vulkan etc.
>>
>>53405075
Baal is in dire state, he can returns for a short amount of times ( with Dante sacrifies or something ? ) to saves his sons and go back to dead after that.
I think this would be the most safe bet.
>>
>>53405094
>Sanguinius appears, grabs all of the primarines and leaves
i guarantee it
>>
>>53405094
Exactly. Look I'm not saying it's GOOD, I'm saying it's not utter completel bullshit. Sanguinius is literally the easiest one to bring back. Don't even need to explain where he's been for 10,000 years. Just say "He returns to save Baal" there. Done. Dusted. That's what the rumour was a few months ago.

That he returns and saves Dante and a few otthers to go to Terra.
>>
File: MiXnq.jpg (444KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MiXnq.jpg
444KB, 900x1200px
>>53404989
The lore's been changed in the past, many many times.
Hell, the Rainbow Warriors were once a First Founding Legion!
>>
>>53405023
>Why do you think they need the new jetpacks?

They're too big for regular ones?

>>53405061
If they're marketing them as mini-HBs, then I'm expecting S5 AP-1 (or -2, seeing that bolt rifles are AP-1 vs. 0 of a regular bolter?) with 1 or 2 shots at pistol ranges. Seeing that they have 2, you're looking at 2-4 shots. Then again, with (possible) short range and no close combat weapons, I wouldn't put it past them to have 3 shots per to make their strikes most devastating.
>>
>>53403946
As long As they weren't scantily clad I don't think they'd care
>>
File: Untitled.png (191KB, 446x412px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
191KB, 446x412px
>>53404720
Transparent...
>>
>>53405132
CHAINSAWS!
>>
>>53405113
No. Dante survives according to the Prophecy of Sanguinius (Sanguinius looks into the future when he was alive and wrote shit down). Baal and the entire North East sector is devoured by Nids. Nids then make it to Terra and fights Chao over the Emperor. Chaos wins. Lands. Then the figure in Golden Armour delays the death of the Emperor for 1 second and apparently that can mean the universe or some shit, fuck Sanguinius was high.

So, if we follow that fluff, Baal fall and 98% of the BA and successors die.
>>
>>53405120
> I'm saying it's not utter completel bullshit.
it would be tho
>>
>>53405140
But it isn't. Manus and Curze are difficult to bring back.
>>
>>53405136
Oh god, it really does look like a giant Lego marine...
>>
>>53405150
>>53404994
>>
>>53405138
>Dante survives according to the Prophecy of Sanguinius (Sanguinius looks into the future when he was alive and wrote shit down)
That's just Dante's wishful thinking. Sanguinius never outright said who that was.
>>
>>53405157
>>53405150
>>53404994

Danish marines?
>>
>>53405120
But if they went with 'Sanguinor is Sanguinus', is that better or worse?
>>
>>53405168
Plz no, as a dane, i want no association with these abortions
>>
I hope the entire BA codex gets squatted so that no one has to deal with this Sangunius bullshit again.
>>
>>53405172
>Sanguinor is Captain Titus
>>
>>53404989
>>53405039
At WH live GeeDubs said that the dead primarchs aren't coming back. But everyone else is fair game
>>
File: 1472543734475.jpg (25KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1472543734475.jpg
25KB, 621x502px
>>53405172
> B-but muh fabulous golden hair.
>>
>>53405091
The traitors are still alive.

Sanguinius is dead.

He had an arc. Bringing him back to Deus ex machina Baal's problems is insulting and turns the ultimate sacrifice into a 10,000 year respawn.
>>
>>53405182
What primarchs are dead and who arent? There is at least a couple of them who may still be alive.
>>
>>53405168
>Ice Deathworld
>Denmark

A most we see a slippery road for 3 days in January.
>>
>>53405182
Which live ?
>>
>>53405182
Really? That's a nice, hard-and-fast statement.
(Assuming that the guys that are presumed dead are actually dead.)
>>
>>53405189
alpharius is dead
>>
>>53405182
Please be true.
>>
File: visibly confused.jpg (108KB, 477x641px) Image search: [Google]
visibly confused.jpg
108KB, 477x641px
>>53405200
how can you be sure?
>>
>>53405206
scribe from terra told me
>>
>>53405193
Russ, Corax, and Khan all disappeared on various errands. I think.
Ferrus Manus got his head cut off. There's possible justification there for an asspull, but with a statement like 'not the dead ones', plus the fact that most people don't care, it ain't happening.
Dorn's skeleton used to be a relic, then it was just two skeletal hands. So, he's less confirmed-dead then he used to be, but still seems pretty dead.
Vulkan...I know there's a prophecy, and I know that he's died, but that he's also a Perpetual. Are Perpetuals even canon anymore?
Sangy quite dead.
Gullyman back, obviously.
Lion's, er...in the closet. (Hmm...if Cypher WAS Lion, how many groans would that be worth?)
>>
blood angels will ask orks to teleport baal to safety right next to their necron buddy dynasty
>>
>>53405224
Only Dorn's left hand is known to be found. So he could be very much alive.
>>
>>53405193
Ones who are confirmed dead:
Curze
Manus
Sanguinius
Alpharius
Horus

Potentially alive:
Russ
Corax
Khan
Vulkan
Dorn
Omegon

Alive:
Pert
Magnus
Mortarian
Angron
Fulgrim
Lorgar
Gorillaman
>>
>>53405224
I love how all those primarchs have just fucked off for 10k years. Like what the fuck have they been doing while the Imperium turns to shit?
>>
>>53405224
Vulkan just vanished after his fight with the Beast, last I checked he's not confirmed dead. Perpetuals are very much still canon.
>>
>>53405166
It says a Golden Figure is saved from Baal. Sanguinius would have recognised himself. Pretty sure there is something about him saying it isn't the Sanguinour.
>>
Manlet marines BTFO by Chaos
>>
>>53405216
aight cool

unless the scribe was alpharius
>>53405238
tts meming aside, i wouldn't put rogal dorn cutting his hand off because it seemed like a good idea past him
>>
File: 1483592249416.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483592249416.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
>>53405230
I'd be butt mad assblasted if Necron just out of nowhere, appears to save the day.
>>
>>53405240
where's lion u dumdum
>>
>>53405240
Woops forgot Lion under potentially
>>
>>53405193
ALIVE

>Lion El'Jonson
Alive, asleep within a secret chamber on the Rock.

>Roboute Guilliman
Mortally wounded by Fulgrim and held in stasis for 10,000 years. recently revived and leading the Imperium

DAEMON PRINCE

>Angron
Daemon Prince.

>Fulgrim
Daemon Prince on a hidden planet of unending pleasure

>Perturabo
Daemon Prince, ruler of Medrengard.

>Mortarion
Daemon Prince, ruler of the Plague Planet.

>Magnus the Red
Daemon Prince, ruler of the Planet of Sorcerers.

DEAD

>Horus Lupercal
Dead, slain by the Emperor.

>Rogal Dorn
Died in a Black Crusade.

>Konrad Curze
Dead, assassinated by Callidus assassin M'Shen.

>Sanguinius
Dead, slain by Horus.

>Ferrus Manus
Dead, slain by Fulgrim and his head offered to Horus.

UKNOWN

>Jaghatai Khan
Unknown, disappeared into the Webway.

>Vulkan
Unknown, disappeared in battle against The Beast during the War of the Beast

>Corvus Corax
Unknown, disappeared, last seen heading for the Eye of Terror.

>Alpharius/Omegon
Status unclear. Alpharius was apparently slain by Rogal Dorn in the Battle of Pluto during the Horus Heresy. Omegon assumed his mantle thereafter.[24] After the Heresy, Alpharius (or Omegon) was reported slain by Roboute Guilliman. (It is not known which of the twins were truly killed. The reliability of this information is disputed, therefore it is possible that both Alpharius and Omegon are still alive.)
>>
>>53405248
Ahahaha holy fuck I can't wait to put my big dick alpha plague marines up against some nerds marinelets. Toppest kek.
>>
>>53405255
Nah Lion is confirmed to be alive in The Rock.
>>
>>53405193
Horus, ferrus, curze, sanguinius are dead

Alpharius is confirmed dead but Oregon took his identity. But GW hates chaos undivided so I don't expect him, lorgar, or pert to appear
>>
>>53405247
>Pretty sure there is something about him saying it isn't the Sanguinour.
Pretty sure he's not. Was Sanguinor even exist back in the 30k ?
>>
>>53405270
>Oregon took his identity
... Like, ALL of oregon?
>>
>>
>>53405270
wtf i love oregon now
>>
>>53405200
Because a book said he was. Omgeon is alive though.

>>53405189
Worked for Girlyman, didn't it? It's happening any way, anon. Let it happen.

>>53405257
>Dorn
>Dead

Says who? They found his hand, not his body. As for Manus, literally could have been an illusion for emotion feeding.

>>53405271
Yes. He was Sanguinius' Herald in Unremembered Empire.
>>
File: 20170524_043415.png (290KB, 1920x1010px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_043415.png
290KB, 1920x1010px
>>53405216
Oh, the pale scribe with the shaved head?

He told me something different.
>>
>>53405266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEojWqx1aWo
>>
>>53405277
>WHO CALIBRATED THIS SHIT?
>FUCKING NASA!

>>53405216
>>53405206
>>53405200
>>53405257
One of the Gathering Storm books talked about somebody who could be Omgeon.
>>
>>53405244
Waiting for the 10k year reunion.
>>
>>53405257
Dorn is MIA in current fluff, only his hands were recovered.
>>
>>53405277
>That fucking pic on the side
>Just says 'shark'

My sides holy shit.
>>
>>53405284
Why the fuck did that hurt my head to look at
Fucking bullshit [ADMINISTRATUM] scheming
>>
>>53405244
Well, Khan got lost in the Webways. I assume his bike ran out of gas, and he's been walking from the other end of the galaxy looking for a fill-up station.
Can't remember why Russ and Corax left, though.
Most of the other mysterious disappearances involve mortal injuries, similar to gully. (at least, that's what I always assumed was up with Lion).
>>
>>53405291
I got that reference. Anybody have it? I'M A SHARK! I'M A SHARK.
>>
>>53405297
http://www.headaches.org/2009/02/15/why-do-some-patterns-trigger-headaches/

>Simple patterns of stripes, which repeat at specific spatial frequencies, can trigger headaches.
>>
>>53405304
Yep. Lion was mortally wounded by Luther. So there's a good chance he'll come back to fight Mortarion/Fulgrim/Angron/Lorgar etc. like Girly did.
>>
>>53405282
As per Ian Watson's novel Space Marine they also have his corpse, encased in amber and chapter masters scrimshaw on his bony hands.
>>
>>53405315
>Simple patterns of stripes
>Specific frequencies
... like hazard stripes?
I bet Perturabo did this. Must have been.
>>
>>53405318
>mortally wounded

Pretty sure he just collapsed after getting a warp smack and was dragged away. Didn't say he was mortally wounded.
>>
>>53405318
>Come back to fight chaos
>Implying
>>
File: 1495342152519.jpg (183KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1495342152519.jpg
183KB, 501x585px
>>53405325
Yeah, must've been Perturabo.
>>
>>53405331
upvoated :)
>>
>>53405323
They only have his hand, Anon. The novel has been retconned.
>>
>>53405323
>encased in amber
yet another example of the ludicrous wastefulness of the modern imperium
starving children on terra could have eaten that primarch
>>53405334
Thank you for reassuring me, noble astartes!
>>
>>53405257
personally what i think would be coolest for the changing sides primarch is Alparius/Omegon.
both are alive but only 1 returns to the imperium, a real fueding brothers thing.

tye Alpha Legion being maybe zecret loyalists or not is resolved as some were always traitors and loyal to the traitor twin. others were always secret loyaliats and loyal to the other twin. Alpha legion is split between the two sides.
>>
>>53405323
And 7th said the Fists only have a hand.
>>53405304
>Can't remember why Russ and Corax left, though.
Russ left to come back for the Wolftime.
Corax left after the Raptor Marines fiasco.
>>
>>53405342
>Corax left after the Raptor Marines fiasco.
I wonder I he'll come back now, and how his feelings are on the Better marine Project...
>>
>>53405323
Got retconned. It's now just the hand. Just like they implied that Manus didn't die. Plus implications of implications. Dorn is Captain of the Custodian Guard imo.
>>
>>53405342
>only have a hand
On the one ha- er, I mean, that *does* make a difference, and yet, when they're saying 'not the dead ones', I don't know how much 'we only have a hand, we don't know' actually counts for.
>Corax left after Raptor Marines
Oof...man, if he came back now? Awwwkward.
>>
>>53405353
FOR THE EMPEROR, QUOTH THE PRIMARIS MARINE
>>
>>53405356
>Oof...man, if he came back now? Awwwkward.
Well he'd have the changce to make it up now the process is working... and Omegron could come back and fuck it up like his brother did.
>>
File: definitely raven guard.png (126KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
definitely raven guard.png
126KB, 501x585px
>>53405339
No problem
>>
>>53405356
Hilarious I think you mean. Alpharius really might die this time.

Far as Dorn is concerned, the fact the Fists are crusading again seems like a good time to reintroduce him. Plus Vulkan implied some things in the Beast series.

He is thematically redundant however, and has little true rivalry with anyone.
>>53405353
Well now I really want to know.
>>
>>53405369
In one of the Gathering Storm books, there is a side fluff box which is a report from Ad Mech saying a Marine with Pre-Heresy battle technique was raping them out. It ends with the transmission he took way way way more damage than he should have for a regular Marine. Since Omgeon/Alpharius were the size of regular Marines, it'd explain him.
>>
>>53405376
>little true rivalry with anyone
Dude, you're going to hurt Pert's feelings EVEN MORE.
>>
>>53405389
Or Cypher..
>>
>>53405416
Nah. Said he was unarmed.
>>
>>53403962
BRICK HARDMEAT
>>
>>53403962
BLAST THICKNECK
>>
>>53405393
While Perty got really angry at Dorn, it wasn't really reciprocated until the Iron Cage. And even that, while flashy, is not a galaxy defining incident.

Compare Russ and Magnus. Perty never tried to murder the Fists after the Iron Cage. Magnus has attacked Fenris multiple times. On the other hand, Terra is hard to target.

So, all I'm saying is that Dorn is not the sort to have a real rivalry with a strong back and forth. Its background events, and so not grounds for a return. Unless Perty launches a new attack on the Imperial Palace. But that's the sort of events best kept for such time when they truly AoS the setting.
>>
>>53405416
Or vulkan with his lower legs cut off.
>>
>>53403962
Ahh leave them to it. Really not that bad. What else are you gonna call this shit?
>>
File: fed up pepestart.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
fed up pepestart.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>53405435
>AoS the setting.
>>
>>53405449
Stupid frogposter
>>
File: fed up pepe close up.jpg (271KB, 1869x957px) Image search: [Google]
fed up pepe close up.jpg
271KB, 1869x957px
>>53405453
>Stupid frogposter
>>
>>53405449
Point is, its probably not going to happen. Or at least not unless its part of a real play for Terra, not a Black Crusade meant to shake things up before going back to the status quo.
Because this time around, the forces are not equal. The Echo of the First Murder is coming.
>>
>>53405453
Is that the name of a new unit?
>>
>>53405468
Yeah, we all know that chump's no match for SLY MARBO. Imperial victory soon.
>>
>>53405468
Fuck ADB. He can suck my fat scholg while he janks it to black chicks in sci-fi films. FUCK HIM. Fucking mick.
>>
>>53405483
upvoated :)
>>
>>53405492
thanks friendo :)))
>>
So who all has yet to get a faction focus? We know Orks are thursday so that leaves what, Necrons, AdMech, various flavors of marines, Ynnari, and Imperial Agents I think? Bets on who will be last?
>>
>>53405525
SoB.
>>
>>53405483
Marbo better get a new model in Warzone: Catachan.
>>
>>53405542
>Chaos invades Catachan
>the planet defeats the invaders before anybody realizes they are even there
>>
>>53405552
Orks are literally invading Catachan because a Void Whale is going there.
>>
>>53405534
Will not happen and you know it. Imperial Agents will be the one.
>>53405490
While the leak is certainly not true, him getting killed by Cypher then ascending as a Daemon Prince would be funny. Wouldn't that shit over ADB characterisation of Abby too?
>>
>>53405562
Where's this from?
>>
>>53405562
>a void whale
this setting sometimes
>>
>tfw really love exotic ideas like a battlefield made of toxic pools, ash, void whale back or even just a gothic city-spire
>tfw all I get at my club is grass mats and mismatched pieces of random terrain because "only playing the game matters"
>>53405580
From what I read on Lexicanum, they're like if a piece of warp realized itself and started travelling in real-space.
>>
>>53405577
Gatgering Storm 2, the Void Whale is heading for Catachan and a Freeboota Waagh!! Is heading for it.
>>
>>53404190
>>ZOGGIN TELLYPORTA KEEPS SPITTIN OUT OOMIES IN PEECES
I imagined orks desperately mashing red button while there is blood and gots splatering out of tellyporta platform all over the walls
>>
>>53405577
Gathering Storm 3: Rise of the Primarch

It's a side-fluff box explaining how that Ork pirate special character raided a AdMech outpost and made a sizeable fleet. There was a injured Void Whale heading to Catachan (to eat it to heal I guess?) and the Orks saw it. So they're (the Orks) are heading to Catachan to attack the planet and or the Void Whale. Since Orks sometimes hollow out Void Whales to use as bases and shit. Anyway, the fluff ends going "We couldn't get a message to tell Catachan of the invading Void Whale or Orks".

>>53405580
Void Whales have existed for awhile.

>>53405598
Was it 2? I thought it was 3.
>>
>>53405609
>void whales have existed for a while
So?
>>
>>53405277
Best post in the thread
>>
>>53405572
Fuck ADB. He shat on Abaddon and the entire setting. I hope all his shit is retconned.
>>
>>53405618
It's just some shit if you feel like reading up about them lad. That's all.
>>
>Ork Faction Focus on Friday
>>
>>53405626
Thursday ya git
Better start oiling up
>>
File: RumourEngineMay17.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMay17.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Lads, did we find out what this was? Luther? Jonson?
>>
>>53405626
>>53405644
How do you know that?
>>
>>53405644

Friday in real countries
>>
>>53405525
No sight of GSC either.
Nor harlies.
Or Questori Traitoris
>>
>>53405648

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-death-guard/

>Another fine article from Frankie there… wait… what’s that? Can you hear that, off in the distance? Sounds like a Waaagh! is headed this way… come back on Thursday to learn about Orks in the new edition.
>>
>>53405645
Sigmarines.
>>
>>53405649
Thursday in countries relavant to Warhammer.
>>
>>53405649

You live in Best Korea?
>>
>>53405645
White lions.
>>
>>53405649
Sure thing little guy
>>
>>53405683
>>53405661
Which is it? I'm happy with both. Latter makes more sense though.
>>
8th edition stuff will be on sale at warhammer fest this weekend
>>
>>53405692
They havent revealed the mini you melt
>>
>>53405711
Leaks happen though bro, I wondered if anybody had leaked it. Calm down, yeah?
>>
>>53405692
>>53405716
Spikey bits on twitch said they had the independant retailer release info GW sends out and that it was Sigmarines.
>>
Helping my GW manager paint up the Primaris marines He slips me a free model kit now and then so I help him out and he let slip that Primaris Sanguinary Guard are on the way in.

Even Blood Angels cannot know peace from this hell!
>>
File: 13603.jpg (19KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
13603.jpg
19KB, 300x270px
>>53405745
>Primaris Sanguinary Guard
>>
File: 11772658.jpg (56KB, 294x475px) Image search: [Google]
11772658.jpg
56KB, 294x475px
>>53405655
>>53405626
Fuck, don't screw this up GW, please
>>
>>53405745
Nobody is surprised by that. Nobody. What we care about is what they look like.

Also fake gay etc.

>>53405754
>Baal is invaded
>98% of BA die
>Replacements are Primaris Marines not Old Marines
>Need Honour Guard
>???
>PROFILE For GW

So who cares!
>>
>>53405745
Pic ?
>>
>plays a comedic npc race
>wants them to be good
>>
>>53405745
have you seen rules?
>>
>>53405780
+1 attack and a bigger weapon
>>
>>53405780
>>53405767
No. He just told me they're on an upcoming order docket. I'll try to sneak a pic and get what info I can when they come in, but chances are GW will have announced them by then.
>>
I'm confused about Imperial Knights. Are they their own faction? Is it legal to run just an army of Knights? Can you play chaos Knights? Or are they all just tanks.
>>
>>53405809
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
>>
>>53405819
So if you play chaos Knights, do you just use the Knights book and colour them differently? Or are there faction rule sets for them? Knights seem to tick a lot of boxes for me in terms of what I want from this game.
>>
>>53405809
Well, as of now you can play chaos knights, but they don't have their own book yet.

In a couple weeks when we figure out what questor Traitorus means chaos knights may be a thing.
>>
>>53405842
They have their own rules, and will be in the Chaos index for 8th edition.
>>
>>53405849
How many Knights in a 1000pts army?
Are renegades worse than their Imperial counterpart?
>>
>>53405920
No one knows what the points will look like for 8th edition but you'll need 3 knights for a legal army using the Superheavy detachment.
>>
>>53405809
Yes, you can compose your entire army out of knights. But you will not have fun, at least on the long run
>>
>>53405920

They vary from 325 for a Gallant (two melee weapons) to 425 for a Crusader (battle cannon and gatling cannon). Carapace weapons are extra. Who knows how much they'll be in 8th.

Renegade knights are better because instead of having specific variants they're customisable so you can take two gatling cannons or two battle cannons.
>>
>>53405939
>>53405948
Might just buy a single renegade for now and see how it goes. I guess you have more customisation over the look for a chaos one too. It's been ages since I last played. Does tzeentch hate machines? I sware one of the chaos god's doesn't like them.
>>
>>53405920
At the moment 1k Points is two Knights, which will kill anything but the most haywire-spammy Admech list because almost nothing that actually needs to pay troops/HQ taxes can bring enough anti-tank when set up for fighting another normal army at 1k.

Renegades are a handful of points more expensive, but have a couple extra loadouts, so double Gatling is a thing and it is terrifying.

Bring a bunch of other stuff with your Knights if you don't want to be labelled a complete dick, it invalidates a huge chunk of your opponent's army if you bring just Knights and you may get super tarpitted by Zombies or something if you don't have any anti-horde allies, or slammed by flyers without anti-air.

My friend has a Nurgle Chaos Knight and it's terrifying, it just stands behind some wall or a whole bunch of Unending Host Renegades with Shrouded for 2+ cover.
>>
>>53405995
>most haywire-spammy Admech list
So most Skitarii lists
It's not our fault Arc Rifles are the special weapon most worth taking on more than one squad
>>
>>53405995
So if I was looking to make 1k points, if I get one Renegade Knight, what else should I take with it?
>>
>>53406031
protip: imperial knights and renegade knights have the same box
>>
>>53406009
I really hope they're still good come 8e.
>>
>>53406031

Warpsmith to repair him. Beyond that, we don't know what will be good/bad in 8th, so it's hard to start.
>>
File: 1495537830223.png (337KB, 377x469px) Image search: [Google]
1495537830223.png
337KB, 377x469px
>get russki recast
>first recast i got so P anxious about quality
>mfw the order arrives and its excellent quality
also how do i tell if this shit is resin or plastic
its probably resin, right. at least I dont remember hearing about recasters using plastic
>>
how can you not tell the difference between plastic and resin
>>
>>53406071
i've never had anything made from resin, ever. guy
>>
>>53406039
I want them to still be a good AT weapon but at the same time I'd love the other two special weapons to be more worth taking. At least the only major issue with the plasma caliver was that it was expensive as fuck for something with a chance of killing the firing unit.

Also if radium carbines are even remotely similar they're going to be hilarious in 8th ed now that they can hurt everything.
>>
File: IMG_7621.jpg (239KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7621.jpg
239KB, 683x1024px
Someone explain this shit to me:
'In the new edition the rules will be free'
Then, yesterday pic related is posted, you need a £35 rule book and a £15 index book if you actually want rules and point costs, which I don't know anyone who would play without. How does £50 plus more for when your codex drops = free?? And idiots are still praising them for rules being free. Wtf man
>>
>>53406078
I would love if the sniper rifles were good, coolest thing warming my bench.. freaking expensive as all hell.
>>
>>53406088

If sniper drones are anything to go by, snipers can pick out characters.
>>
>>53406085
you get basic rules for everything for free online
for advanced rules like pts costs etc you need the book
>>
>>53406085
The rules will be free. The rulebook will not.
>>
>>53404994
i fucking loved captain cool's track on lego racers
>>
>>53406088
If Shadow War is anything to go by they'll probably do D3 damage at least. If it has an actual strength value, and a decent value at that, and some bonus against units with the vehicle keyword then I'll be happy. A S7 D3 damage sniper will fuck some ICs up.
>>
>>53406119
Might even be worth the points with all that.
>>
>>53406085
The core rules are free and will be a odf download.
The physical rulebook also has missions, fluff other game types and the like.
>>
>>53405525
Looks like we're in the 'filler' section with the less-played armies padding out the schedule. I'm expecting them to do loyalist marines last, since that's going to generate the most hype. Possibly loyalist marines followed by the blood angels, etc. ending with space wolves, since they are the most popular chapter.
>>
>>53406097
'Advanced rules' I.e what you actually need to play the game like points costs which are fucking essential. The only thing you get free is 12 pages long. The BaC and BoP rule books are about that long for goodness sake. It's just gonna be demo rules
>>
>>53406122
Add in the 60" range and it'll be funny watching opponents either trying their damndest to hide their ICs, or bum rush the unit through everything in front of it before it fucks them too hard.
>>
>>53406059
its resin
>>
Why is the standard SM bike kit so shit?
>>
>>53406151
it's oooooooooooooold
>>
>>53406140
advanced rules is the term i recall GW using for it so i presented it as such
>>
>>53406009
Yeah. I've got one squad with three of each, which is not enough Vanguard IMO. If they don't gut our rules I think I'm gonna love 8E.
I will miss alpha-striking a Baneblade off the board Turn 1 after the other guy just spent ten minutes explaining that he called it"Ninja" because it was just primed black and then later finding out he was cheating an extra 50% points from some kind anons on here.
>>53406031

Either some CSM with a Warsmith, a couple squads of Cultists and maybe a Hellblade or Heldrake to run anti-air and anti-horde, or a Renegades and Heretics CAD with some big blocks of expendable Infantry/Plagues Zombies and maybe a little armour, like a Wyvern. Really, just needs some more bulk and scoring units.

That's maximum asshole mode, anyway. Just some regular CSM would work fine for casual games, although I really do recommend the Warpsmith.
>>
File: Shadow Spectre.jpg (97KB, 1024x560px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Spectre.jpg
97KB, 1024x560px
Coming back with 8th release.

Whats the deal with Shadow Spectres?

Are these things any good? Are they tourney-legal now?
>>
>>53403659
Step 1:
Paint the Armor, sticks, and cloth
Step 2:
Look at guts
Step 3:
Proclaim "Fuck it" and grab your Blood for the Blood God and a large was brush
Step 4:
DAB!
Step 5:
See look, he's bleeding all over the place. Man, that was easy!
>>
>>53406221
Any tournament that isnt retarded has allowed them.

And yes, they're decent, and worth it by looks alone
>>
>>53406221
they're still tourney legal.
whats happening with their rules is unknown.
though all the forge world stuff will have 8e rules by the end of june.
>>
>>53406203
I'm going to miss the Skitarii Maniple though. Preferred enemy on my warlord squad with 3 plasma calivers + imperatives nuking whatever I shot at was always funny for the one turn they were alive.
>>
>buy Dark Imperium for 120-150€
>sell each DG character for 15-20€
>sell each DG infantry unit for 25-30€
>sell Blight Drone for 30-35€
>get rules, dice and a bunch of Primaris fot ~30€

Pretty good box, tbqh.
>>
>>53406140
You can play Open play fine with those.
>>
>>53406203
Ok that's cool. I'll look at getting the warpsmith and the can too. Hopefully I can sell my metal Tyranids. I hate them. They just fall apart all the time.
>>
>>53406242
I gave up the PE for sticking a Dominus in there, which made them hard as nails and let me twinlink them anyway. Got to love deploying back a little and watching the World Eaters first turn move take them beautifully into the 12-18" range bracket on fucking EVERYTHING. He was nearly tabled right there.

Yes, I know picking on the melee guys is rude, but it was so pretty...

I'll just miss Scout on everything making up for our shitty range and mobility. If I could add one unit to the Skitarii book it would be the Goliath trucks that we know they have in in fluff, to make up for the loss of the Skit Maniple. They'd be the most fun army in the Omnissiah-damn universe then.
>>
you know what? this thread lacks on sisters :3
>>
>>53406243
>everyone tries doing this
>character prices drop to 1-5€
>everything else sells cheap as well
>end up either overpaying for mehreens or getting stuck with unwanted DG
masterful, really
>>
File: IMG_5305.jpg (446KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5305.jpg
446KB, 1836x3264px
hey guys wat do u think of my white scar biker????!!!
>>
File: 064852478010eb6c41393dfa463496fc.jpg (491KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
064852478010eb6c41393dfa463496fc.jpg
491KB, 600x1000px
>>53406291
blyat
>>
>>53406291
>>
>>53406302
> Those Thallax in the background
This is why god has abandoned us
>>
File: RumourEngineMay24.jpg (30KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMay24.jpg
30KB, 551x551px
Rumour Engine
>>
>>53406322
whaddya know, a wheel.
>>
>>53406302
"no"
>>
>>53406298
I am going to grab so many drones for conversion purposes if that happens. Sadly they're too small for Vulturax, but with the spikes removed they'll work really well for a Dark Biologis Arvus Lighter cockpit and weapons pods on the Whale-airship Stormbird I'm working on. Anyone know a good way to get some turret twin-linked lascannon and heavy Bolters?
>>
>>53406285
Hopefully Crux Mechanicus will live on as a unit rule for Vanguards and Rangers. It will be disappointing if it isn't, the whole thing about Skitarii is that they're supposed to be fearless robit men tirelessly marching forward.
>>
File: i10869389288.png (421KB, 415x543px) Image search: [Google]
i10869389288.png
421KB, 415x543px
>>53406291
>>
File: 20170524_140219.jpg (756KB, 1079x1412px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_140219.jpg
756KB, 1079x1412px
>>53406302
Even in death I suffer
>>
>>53406285
My wallet is going to hate Fires of Cyraxus, I just know it. I need more AdMech units and kastelans look goofy and I have no idea how they're going to make Electro-Priests not dogshit.
>>
Since a SoB vs GsC book came out and sisters returned to the literature with a bang, I feel like we might get a sisters vs gsc boxed game at some point
>>
>>53406367
make them cheaper and give them the electricty thingy natively like in earlier editions, instead of locking it behind Canticles
>>
>>53406322
New Ork Warbuggy kit?
>>
>>53406339
Starter box miniatures always end up going for very cheap after a while, I wouldn't be surprised if the drones started selling for like 5-10€ a piece on ebay
>>
>>53406367
>>53406402
and give admech a transport for them, duh
>>
>>53406291
>>
>>53406413
I'd love if we could at least take the Triaros but at the same time I don't want to have to pay $120 for a transport.

Fuck, at least give us souped up Chimeras or something.
>>
File: Miriael_Sabathiel.jpg (96KB, 493x991px) Image search: [Google]
Miriael_Sabathiel.jpg
96KB, 493x991px
>>53406291
>>
>>53406405
very possible
isnt one of the xenos symbols on one of the books the kult of speed logo
>>
>>53406322
primaris segway!
>>
>>53406291
>>
>>53406448
Now that's a character who desperately needs a Mini.
>>
>>53403989
This, I've been here for fucking years and it's always been about anonymity
Circlejerking discord faggots need to neck themselves, there should be no thinking about perception, I want to hear peoples unbridled thoughts and opinions
I don't care about what some attentionwhore cancerous fucking shits want to circlejerk over though, they all need to go back
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 723x1024px
>>53406485
As much as I love my marines, the marine release need to stop.
>>
File: Adepta_Sororitas_Canones.jpg (92KB, 668x864px) Image search: [Google]
Adepta_Sororitas_Canones.jpg
92KB, 668x864px
>>53406291
>>
File: speedfreakbanner.jpg (95KB, 316x599px) Image search: [Google]
speedfreakbanner.jpg
95KB, 316x599px
>>53406450

This is the Speed Freak banner from WAAAGH Ghazghkull. Don't know if it matches up with anything else.
>>
>>53406534
40k needs more depictions of civilian stuff
>>
>>53406557
Check out the old dark heresy books, there is some great stuff in them
>>
Phosphor Blaster, Icarus Array, Neutron laser or Eradication beamer?
>>
>>53406557
Cain books and the Einsenhorn books have some. Along with the RPG.

It clashed with the grimp derp from the rulebook in the sense that even in the crashing system people live happy lives.

After all humans just need bread, circus and/or faith in order to have a relatively happy.
>>
How does this list look for 5th edition?

HQ
Typhus (225)

Troops [3]

10 chaos space marines, Mark of chaos undivided. (260)
x1 aspiring champion: power weapon, melta bombs
x8 Chaos space marines: ccc, bolt pistol
x1 Chaos space marine: plasma pistol
x1 Rhino: havoc launcher
10 Chaos space marines, Mark of slaneesh (265)
1x aspiring champion, power weapon, bolt pistol, meltabombs
2x Chaos space marines: flamers
7x chaos space marines: ccc bolt pistol
x1 rhino: havoc launcher

8x Plague marines (249)
1x Plague champion, ccc bolt pistol
7x Plague marines, ccc bolt pistol
x1 rhino, havoc launcher
>>
>>53406557
They need to do a few civilian kits, Imperial Citizens/Tau Earthcaste/Chaos Slaves ect. Imagine the conversions
>>
>>53406652
gay
>>
>>53406663
could make some nifty acolytes

also bring back penal legion
>>
>>53406652
3 editions late / 10
>>
>>53406671
Citizens holding lasguns with confused looks = best conscripts
>>
>>53406405
Would be about fucking time
>>
>>53406521
>>53406521
But she's not a Marine. She's a rouge sister of battle who turned to Slaanesh. We know she's not a marine because she is a she, and Marines are all male.
>>
>>53406639
Depends. Neutrino is better for TAC
>>
File: 1452621013525.jpg (41KB, 308x426px) Image search: [Google]
1452621013525.jpg
41KB, 308x426px
My LGS manager just told me that GW has some surprises in store for us in the last two quarters of 2017. Try to dig deeper but he refuses to tell me more.
>>
>>53406700
i read the post as "it would be nice for her to get a model instead of just endless marine releases"
which i believe is indeed the message of said post
>>
>>53406140
No. Models have Power Point Values now, which means you can play without playing a penny semi-comp. The advanced rules are going to cost. This isn't new.

>things are costing now
>new thing won't cost for something
>OMG WHY FUCKING JEW DOUBLE JEW!!!!

????

>>53406377
Why? It was the same shit as the short GSG vs Chaos story that had a SoB leading a GSG cult... who wasn't infected.... who then turned into a Chaos Spawn. The fact the Cult of the Warmason ended with SoB being infected and the infection process was completely different to the detailed explanation in the codex (people infected, people mate with others, people give birth to GS, parent loves GS and protects it with their life). They changed it to "lol any GSC member has a probis and can infect anybody lol". The only way I can explain it is "the probsis makes them capable of impregnating women who give birth to GS and the women became capable of incubating GS"
>>
>>53406734
actually gw has some surprises for today too

doesn't mean fucking shit you brainless fucking retard
>>
>>53406752
I wonder why sisters are depicted by some as easily corruptable plebs, but others make them these untouchable bastions of faith
>>
>>53404720
i actually really like this
>>
>>53406700
I know English is my third language but good god how did you understood the opposite?
>>
>>53406760
Who kicked your cage mong?
>>
Wait did I get jew'd? I was told the rules would be free...
>>
>>53406814
rumormongers
>>
can anyone please tell me what are Questor Traitors?
>>
>>53406785
Magical realm. The name of the fetish escapes me right now. But easily overpower or influence women to do things you want is a thing.
>>
>>53406785
Corruption fetish, I guess.

>>53406829
Chaos Knight Titans.
>>
>>53406836
Corruption is the fetish name. It's why the whole "Pure Priest/Nun/Virgin/Princess getting gang raped by monsters/plebs/tentacles and them mind breaking" is common. In terms of 40k? It's irritating. You'd hope the SoB would realise and blow her brains out. But no. The fact that short story had a SoB willingly supporting a GSC WITHOUT infection and then turning into a Chaos Spawn was baffling.
>>
>>53405277
i really have to be calm right now. i want to laugh, it really hurts
>>
New Rumor Engine is blatantly an Ork vehicle. Quite intriguing if Orks will be one of the factions getting new releases immediately after 8th, and not just Marines.
>>
>>53406813
I thought he was saying that he didn't want that release because it was a marine. Probably because I'm still a bit sleepy.
>>
>>53406250
>You can play Open play fine with those.

May as well get plastic army men and make "bang" noises.
>>
>New edition almost out
>Still don't know which color to put on my dudes
>>
>>53406825
read the thread
>>
>>53406902
red
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 682x1024px
>>53406855
The power of bad writing is impressive.

>>53406889
It's ok we are all retards from time to time.
>>
>>53406825
Why do you care? If you actually bought shit already, you paid. If you pirated it (like 90% of these threads) then why do you care?
>>
>>53406907
I did thats why I'm asking. I was told that you wouldnt need to carry round books anymore yet now its seems I do? I bought a start collecting box yet people are saying the rules will now come with the boxes you buy. So like I said did I just get jew'd? Cause its feeling that way.

>>53406932
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>53406939
AoS has both, 8th probably will too.
>>
do you think there will be new "start collecting" boxes with new edition?
>>
>>53406405
>implying GW will ever give Orks any positive attention
>>
>>53406959
Probably for Death Guard, Primaris, maybe Ynnari and potentially a second Cult Mechanicus-focused AdMech box.
>>
>>53406954
Books will have the Points, Relics, and specific to your faction Stratagems.

Free stuff has the FOC's and open play, and power levels. Which are similar to points but more broad stroke and general. They assume you take every available upgrade ect. Those are intended for open play (default free play) and Narrative play.
>>
>>53406978
TSounds could also very well get one, since theirs is still missing.
>>
>>53406887
Hrud or more Nurgle stuff.
>>
>>53406988
>Books will have the Points

they have power rating, points will be online only so they can balance it without needing for people to buy new books
>>
>>53406997
>Hrud

Pls gw
>>
>>53406999
>implying the problem is just the point cost.
>implying the problem is not the printed rules in the books.

Beside undercosted shit the problem is broken rules.
Printed books make me doubt they'll fix broken rules
>>
>>53406978
>>53406990
nice,fingers crossed for Ynnari
>>
>>53407017
they generally address that with FAQs though
>>
>>53406999
No, book has points, like the General's Handbook.
>>
>>53407049
...despite them saying that it wont? ok then
>>
>>53407058
Source. Because they haven't.
>>
>>53407014
According to the spaniard GW representative, we are getting a new Xeno race not related to the current ones this year.

She said Hrud like, but I don't trust the bitch after the clusterfuck I witness with GW internal inconsistency.
>>
>>53407058
They have explicitly stated there will be a GHB for 40k

Are you daft
>>
>>53407058
The specifically said the book will have the points in a list, at the back of it rather than printed on the data sheets so that the whole book isn't invaladated if they choose to change the points cost on Grav Pistols or Plasma guns or Assault Marines or what not. They can just change that one entry in a single publication or FAQ.
>>
>>53407071
>>53407082

>The points for units don’t appear on the datasheet but will be elsewhere in the same book. This is because you don’t need them to play if you don’t want, which frees up room to include more rules for weapons on the datasheet. It also means that, in the future, points for units could change without invalidating existing books

aight my bad, they aren't in the index ones but are in the ghb

>>53407071
at no point did i say they weren't doing that
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 700x1197px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 700x1197px
Wonder if GW could do proper pin-up prints or models.
>>
>>53406999
>>53407049
>>53407086
>>53407082
>>53407071
As far as I was aware, the free rules were Power Points. Which was a pretty much cover-all-options cost for a quick estimated game. While the cost rules (the rulebook) had Point Values for the factions so you could do a much fairer game. So, you can get by without the advanced rules, but most people who play now won't be satisfied with that. It's basically to make it less of a hassle for casual players to get a game. Instead of making a 2500 point list. They make a 50 Power Point game.
>>
Is everybody ready to see the promise of constantly updated FAQs and point costs go to shit because every little retard is going to say
>300 ork boyz have assaulted and defeated my 5 men command squad. PLES NERF
>My Tau can't overwatch at BS 6 anymore. PLES CHANGE
>My lasguns can't defeat a warlord titan in one turn. PLES NERF
>>
>>53407113
the artists that work for GW could, but GW would never do that.
And why would they? It's not that kind of game or company.
>>
>>53406902
The only answer... IS RAINBOW WARRIORS
>>
File: 1327656843596.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1327656843596.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
>>53407131
>>
>>53407139
Because GW loves quick cash grabs. They are almost the bastard son of Nintendo and EA
>>
>>53407136
It's going to be vote based so you need majority support to escalate a suggestion.
>>
>>53407155
took them 20 years to come around and do some other armor marks for space marines...
They may be greedy, but usually not very clever about it.
>>
Which magnets fit under bases? I want to stuck them onto metal carrying cases
>>
>>53407281
1mm ones at least
>>
>>53405248
could someone make a comparison shot of a primaris, a new TS and a new plaque marine?
>>
>>53407155
Why the fuck would they? SoB aren't for lewd. If you want that, buy those Wargame exclusive things. Or whatever.
>>
File: GW.jpg (30KB, 296x254px) Image search: [Google]
GW.jpg
30KB, 296x254px
>>53406085
Rulebooks aint free. The coffers of Games Workshop gotta be littered with the cash of neckbeards.
Budget gamers aka 'cheapskates' aint our playerbase. They are recasters and probably Chinese as well.
Hardback and Softback not pdf and notebook ok. Praise matched play.
>>
what is the lowest points level you should take a 2nd hq? so that the rest of your army isn't too small

t. noob
>>
>>53407281
5mm dia x 2mm thick should do it (round ones). I think 3mm thickness should be ok as well.
or 10 x 10 x 2 or 3 mm if you prefer rectangular ones.
>>
>>53407331
depends on his cost
>>
>>53407151
primaris rainbow warriors! thats s fukken great
>>
>>53407328
games worgshob :-DDDD
>>
>>53407331
At the level you also take three Troops so you get those sweet sweet command points
>>
>>53407328
The 12 page core rules will be free.
All the advanced stuff like Narrative, and matched play information, missions, and other cool shit other than you line up over there, I line up over here and lets see who kills more dudes...
That shit is in the $50 rulebook.
And it was hinted the data sheets would be AoS style free downloads but never specifically stated.
>>
>>53407371
>And it was hinted the data sheets would be AoS style free downloads but never specifically stated.
It was never even hinted, people just jumped to conclusions and assumed everything would be like AoS
>>
>>53407328
But rules have always costed. The difference is you can now play the game, with competitive rules, for free. If you want deeper competition rules and shit, then you pay... Just like you used to. Or like 90% of the thread, pirate it from the 10% who buy it.
>>
>>53407420
If the digital version is within the price range of a normal digital book I'll share it with the internet.
>>
>>53407371
>>53407420
If i turn up to a workshop for a game and i have a print out of the advanced rules but legit everything else, will they kick me out?

Thats the $50 question really.
>>
>>53407448
Depends how retarded the store owner is. Hell some clients are retarded and mail daddy GW when someone brakes the rules
>>
Noob here, anyone have any input on Daemons? I am currently painting my Ork army, but they Daemons and their lore and stuff seemed really cool, but I wanted to know what actual players and stuff think of them. Anyone have any input at all on them, or pictures of their Daemon army?
>>
>>53407448
Only one side would need them, really. Most store owners wouldn't care as you playing is better for business than nobody playing.
>>
>>53407495
Read 1d4chan on them. Wait until 8th drops
>>
File: fucking really.jpg (122KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fucking really.jpg
122KB, 853x1024px
>>53407516
>Read 1d4chan on them.
>>
>>53407495
I expect Daemons to get a lot of changes in 8th Anon. Too many random rolls before a game even starts. And with summoning and formations gone who really knows.

So like with all these questions with till 8th.
>>
>>53407522
Gives you a good intro. Sorry you are so butt flustered about it.
>>
>>53407537
Not him, but no. People need to stop recommending 1d4chan for anything but memes.
>>
>>53407516
I will! Thanks! So far they seem cool, but I already spent a good amount on a probably horribly constructed ork army, haha.
>>
>>53407495
Daemons are a good army, you can build an entire force out of start collecting kits alone. Mixed or mono.

No body knows what will happen to them next edition other than they will be significantly different.
>>
>>53407516
>Reading 1d4redditchan for anything but the memes
LOL
>>
>>53407573
>>53407535
Yeah, stay with orks or go with daemons I dunno, but either way I will be waiting until the next edition drops to see how they turn out.
>>
New thread
>>53407596
>>53407596
>>53407596
>>
>>53407593
>>53407550
>not understanding what a good laymens introduction is.
He can get the dex when 8th hits
>>
>>53406734
Look, I know stuffs coming. I knew about the preorder week at least a month in advance. 8th's release date, new marines, and much more.
Any leak worth it's fucking salt will have some substance to it. Your post has nothing.

Also never trust store managers, GW or not. It's still a business, keep your shekels close.
>>
Will Custodes models from FW have rules for eight edition? Do they have rules for Seventh or only for HH?
Any new model expected? I'm not sure if it's the best time to start a collection
>>
>>53407495
Daemons are a different army the most of the other stuff in 40k. It was simply down to how their units worked/were setup/equipped.
Daemon deathstars were common, spamming greater daemons and daemon princes is as well. That's less due to it being a good options and more to what models are available.

You'll see khorne players because they have models. Lots of models. Same with tzeentch. but nurgle and slanessh kinda lost out. Many units in the book are finecast or basically unsupported.

The other issues came to combat effectiveness.
Opponent immune to psychic power? Tzeench is screwed.
Opponent ignores cover like it's going out of style? Nurgle is screwed.
Opponent has guns and more guns and some speed? Slanessh is screwed.
Opponent has good guns and decent melee units/horders? Khorne is screwed.

The monobuild armies can work very well, but honestly just wait until the new stuff shows up.
>>
>>53407537
It's full of utter bollocks though mate. Half-truths, twisting facts, exaggeration. He's better off reading Lexicancium's page or some shit. 1d4chan isn't a great choice unless you want a laugh.

>>53407708
1. We don't know, but they said every FW model will get rules in 8th. But that will probably not apply to 30k models only (atm anyway)
2. They do not have rules for 7th. Forge World is the only place you can get Forge World model rules. Custodes have 7th Edition 40k Rules only for the units released as such.
3. If you mean for 40k, nobody knows. If you mean for 30k, yes.
>>
>>53407448
my local GW has an open codex/rule book of all factions/expansions for use by the players, it just has a big sticker on the front that says "store copy" and most people use them to learn about any allies they bring with their armies so after a bit you just kinda know and dont even need them but they are always there just in case
>>
>>53407516
>>53407537
>>53407609
Go back to 1d4ddit
>>
>>53407557
Don't do that, anon. 1d4chan is shit for anything than humour. And even that is sparse.
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/
Thread posts: 613
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.