[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 49

File: 8252a347dfe367de45569f3e36450c12.jpg (964KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8252a347dfe367de45569f3e36450c12.jpg
964KB, 825x1200px
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than we can possibly imagine.

>Where did the Mandragora Apocrypha go?
The namefag working on it has fucked off to finish it in peace after our autists yelled at him over the unfinished version they found.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
>Now in Homebrew megafolder

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.10) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.4) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)

Previous thread: >>53125712

Share that homebrew you're particularly proud of, be it a piece of kit, fluff, planet or a voidship,
>>
>>53203553
>Share that homebrew you're particularly proud of, be it a piece of kit, fluff, planet or a voidship,

Since I'm OP this time and have a huge love of cocks, let me start off by reposting stuff from the last thread.

The wip document for my homebrewed sector, Acheron. An old and decadent shithole with pretentions of being the only civilized place in the pimply blackened ass end of the Eastern Fringe it finds itself.
>>
>>53203610
And the wargear I've made for my games. Somewhat hit and miss since it's a combination of being the first stuff I ever homebrewed and things I've learned as I've gone by.
>>
/tg/ I've been trying to build a tzaangor, but I'm stuck. Every talent it needs as a frontliner sends its alignment to Khorne, while its best abilities need it to be Tzeentch. How the fuck do I build this thing while keeping true to the fluff?
>>
Does Deathwatch have rules for Carcharodons Astra in some book or am I imagining things?
I'm pretty sure I have heard of this chapter in this game..
>>
>>53205278
Did you check the splat books? A bunch of chapters are scattered among them.
>>
>>53205278
>Does Deathwatch have rules for Carcharodons Astra in some book
Honor the Chapter, page 90 or so.
>>
>>53205381
I knew I had heard of it somewhere!

And I had missed that book for some reason. Thanks mate.
>>
Dead like necrons
>>
>Death World
>Scapegrace
>Renegade
>Ship-Lorn
>Pride
>Navigator - Renegade House
Help my GM has a hard on for loyalism and we have to deal with an inquisitor, we also have one player who got mutated and has tentacles for her left arm.
>>
>>53208335
Remove tentacle and replace with unweak metal.
>>
>>53208384
It honestly hadn't occurred to us to amputate the mutation. I think she likes them though, kind of odd the Explorator didn't suggest that already.
What about me though? I have -30 to interaction tests with Inquisition and my Fellowship is 32 how am I supposed to avoid being killed by him?
>>
>>53208413
Hide in a closet and have someone else speak for you.
>>
Anyone have homebrewed fixes for Thrall Wizards in BC? As written they're very easy to abuse.
>>
>>53208448
I do have the Contortionist skill and Unnatural Agility trait from my starting Navigator mutations so hiding somewhere shouldn't be too hard for me either.
>>
Dumb newbie question: when rolling a Black Crusade archetype from one of the Tomes, do you still get the racial starting XP to customize your character or is all that wrapped up in the large amount of experience they already have from the special archetype? I want to get another exotic weapon proficiency for a Noise Marine and then buy him a Blastmaster using the Wealth pride right out of the gate, but if he doesn't have the 500 starting xp he's gonna have to wait a bit before he could actually use the thing.
>>
>>53208829
Don't have the book in front of me, but I believe that if you pick an advanced archetype the default assumption is that you don't get any starting xp.
>>
>>53208829
Advanced Archetypes are already leagues ahead of the Core Archetypes in terms of experience and ability.
Just use your Sonic Blaster, get Exotic Weapon Training (Blastmaster) when you can and make an acquisition Infamy test when you do.
>>
>>53208829
You can just eat the -20 to using it when making things go boom. You'll just have to roll on scatter.
>>
What's the best way to build a human duellist dedicated to Slaanesh in Black Crusade with only Core Archetypes.
I want to be able to match CSM in melee combat and I was thinking starting as Renegade with +10 in Parry and getting Counterattack then using Defensive Stance in combat, Duellist's Grip on my sword. All the Evasion Bonuses should make me a monster in 1v1 melee combat even against Astartes right?
Also does Adroit apply to Parry Checks if I select WS?
>>
>>53209117
Killing Strike says hi.
>>
>>53209160
If I'm in a Defensive Stance they still take -20 to the attack.
Also I just realised I was thinking of Guarded Action to help me parry and counter.
I'll be aiming for some Light Power Armor to boost my survival chances too.
>>
>>53209084
>>53208993
>>53208934
Thanks for the feedback. I might go with a Doom Siren instead then since it's a Spray weapon and doesn't roll to hit. What happens using spray if you're not proficient in it, actually? Higher jam chance? I didn't see anything immediately pop out.
>>
>>53208829

There aren't really clear rules on it. I've played in games in the past where people choosing basic archetypes got starting XP and those choosing advanced ones did not, but even still the advanced archetypes have more XP/toys. It depends on what your group is cool with and if everyone is stressing out about balance.
>>
>>53209160

The way you beat killing strike is by winning initiative on them and killing them first. Not difficult.

>>53209217

RAW there's no penalty. Most GMs I know give the targets a +20 on their agility test to avoid if the user is not proficient.

>>53209117

The best way to do it is with a psyker, IMHO. There are a lot of Slaanesh psychic powers based around being a psycho speed freak blender, in particular one that lets you make two attack actions in a turn as long as you are dual wielding and they are both lightning attacks. IIRC the way it works is you get to go "Lightning attack with right hand. Lightning attack with left hand. Lightning attack with right hand. Lightning attack with left hand."

If anything is still standing after that you're in trouble though, but if you build your character right even greater demons will die to that shit. Also you can dual wield Force Swords as a Slaanesh psyker, and that's neat.
>>
>>53210052
But Psykers start with almost no combat ability, which means getting some combat ability will align me towards Khorne...
I'd have to purchase Ambidexterous and Two Weapon Fighting (Melee) bringing me to 750xp of my starting xp gone, as well as actual Weapon Training (Force), then my starting acquisitions would be spent on getting a Force Sword and that's Near Unique so I wouldn't even have a Good one alongside some Light Power Armor.
>>
>>53210128

Force Weapons don't require a weapon training IIRC.

Yeah, it's a long term build. Starting off, you're better off using something simple like psychic bolts. If you want to go toe to toe with space marines, though, you either need the mark of Nurgle, something like a hellblade, or to be a psyker. Basic Slaanesh duelist ain't gonna cut it, in most cases.
>>
>>53210158
They require weapon training (Primary) or low-tech.
>>
>>53210217

Yeah, but everyone in BC has that.
>>
some highlights from my rogue trader game

>killing a daemon prince then looting his palace in retaliation for breaking one of our servo skulls
>using an ancient eldar technology to get high
>putting space vampires on a planet we own that is perpetually dark and charging them to live their.
>putting prison planet colonist on the vampire planet to mine it and also as food for the vampires.
>Having the local space marine chapter recruit the settlers from our vampire planet. They all use power whips.
>Killed a warrant holder by letting her crew know that she was/wasn't allied with the empire/chaos/tau/eldar/d.eldar causing a ship wide mutiny.
its a fun game
>>
>>53210158
I don't want to go Mark of Nurgle, I want to be a Slaaneshi Duellist who can match a Space Marine in a sword fight and use Counterattack and Parry bonuses to do so.
Though I do like the idea of a Slaaneshi Psyker Wyrd from a primitive world dual wielding force swords with Duellist's Grips and calling Space Marines "giant bastards"
>>
File: Thanatar.jpg (228KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Thanatar.jpg
228KB, 768x1024px
Are there any good youtube videos of someone going over the basics of how combat works? For dark heresy 2nd ed if possible.
>>
>>53210301

Well that sounds like a fun backstory. There's plenty of precedent for Wyrd-Warriors, especially from backwater worlds. It's worth noting that unless you're tweaking some rules, you won't be aligned to Slaanesh at character creation.
>>
>>53210502
I won't be starting aligned to Slaanesh but I can roleplay as worshipping Slaanesh over the others and work towards alignment.
So I checked and even if I get Infamy of only 20 I should be able to start with 2 Best craftsmanship Swords with Duellist's Grip and Common Light Power Armor.
I'd start with Parry trained, spend 750 starting xp on Two Weapon Fighter (Melee) and Ambidextrous, then maybe grab Lightning Reflexes to start aligning towards Slaanesh.
I'm thinking getting Precognition as my main starting power, but that's only +6 to WS for Parry, is that even worth it? It's only +4 if I use it Fettered which is safer.
>>
So, in Only War, I'm building a Frenzy character.

Now, one question raised by my DM is what the hell happens to my comrade if I ever fail my willpower tests, since he's technically going to be right next to me when I rage.

So, question is, should I teach my comrade to play dead, or just end up being the dude no one wants to work with?
>>
>>53210584

IMHO I think that it's best to stick to parrying with your staff at first. You're not going to be particularly good in melee to start with, mainly because your damage will suck; pick a good damaging psychic power at character creation and focus on that (Doombolt is excellent), using a balanced weapon (like a staff or sword) to parry with at the start. Think like DnD spellsinger and you're not far off.

One thing that I'd suggest is talking to your GM about using the psychic power system from OW; it slots into BC just fine, and makes the lower-level psychic powers more useful, fixes how OP some are (that psychic storm one in telekinesis) and makes Pyromancy actually good at killing things.

The other thing about Black Crusade is that you don't always have control over how your character advances. You start unaligned, which is good, because it means you can buy the Khorne and Nurgle talents you care about while they're too expensive, and then later you get discounts on all of the Slaanesh talents. However, if you get some Corruption at a bad time, you can change alignment when you don't want to. And you get your first mutation at 10 corruption. So if you're really dead set on getting that mangina mutation, make sure to buy Slaanesh talents up quick. Fastest way to do that is to buy skills, so make sure that with your starting psyker skill picks you don't buy Deceive, for example. Buy 1st-rank Slaanesh aligned skills, then tier 1 Slaanesh talents, then Khorne and nurgle stuff (leave as much as possible the Tzeentch and unaligned stuff alone at start, there's no benefit to buying it early).

>>53210718

You should probably worry more about the Commissar. In any case, take that talent that lets you re-roll wp tests to come out of frenzy, and lets you parry while frenzied. That'll help. Don't forget the bonus to WP from frenzy makes it a bit easier to come out of it.
>>
>>53210737
Didn't want to blow the talent points, since I wasn't too focused on Parry, and Play Dead's 50 xp cheaper(and doesn't leave me with 50xp hanging).

Plus I honestly like the idea of being more uncontrollable, with my comrade preferring to play dead than even trying to calm me down.
>>
>>53210774

It sounds like you just want to cause problems. Being able to Parry while frenzied is a huge advantage, since you'll be amazing at it.
>>
>>53210737
I was thinking Psychic Scream as my starting Psy Bolt, Thought Sending as Prerequisite and Precognition for some Evasion bonuses.
Psykers start with a sword, using some of my starting Aquisition to get it at best craftsmanship with a Duellist's Grip seems worth it to me.
Black Crusade Psykers use a sword not a staff, at least that's their starting thing, though they could start with a whip instead.
Purchasing Ambidextrous and TWF seems best at first, then I'm already pretty set to start with for my melee abilities as long as my weapon skill isn't shit. My basic attacks would be two half action standard attacks made at +10 WS, since the Best craftsmanship cancels out the -10 penalty of TWF and Standard Attacks are made at +10, and any Parry I take would be at +20 (from Duellist's Grip + Balanced).
Then Lightning Reflexes gives me better chances to go first, and I can purchase Deceive, Charm, Acrobatics, and either Dodge or another Slaanesh Talent to get my +5 alignment to Slaanesh, and having spent no XP on other alignments, as starting skills/talents and unaligned talents don't count towards alignment, I should get to Slaanesh alignment rather quick, though maybe not for my first mutation unfortunately. Unless I don't get a lot of Corruption.
>>
My group is really, really adverse to playing Deathwatch, claiming Spehss Mahrines are no fun to roleplay.
I'd let it go at that but they seem to think Marines are mindless, emotionless supersoldiers with no individuality beyond chapter identity. And that sort of chafes.
How do convince?
>>
>>53210915
Ask them what the space wolves, blood ravens, black templar, dark angels, and iron hands are.
>>
>>53210859

>I was thinking Psychic Scream as my starting Psy Bolt, Thought Sending as Prerequisite and Precognition for some Evasion bonuses.

The main thing about Doombolt is that it's Pen 8 and fires like a semi-auto weapon. Go read the power, it's in the core book and has NO prerequisites. One of the perks you get for being on Team Chaos. Let's you threaten even Astartes, albeit with your psychic mojo and not your weapons.

>Psykers start with a sword, using some of my starting Aquisition to get it at best craftsmanship with a Duellist's Grip seems worth it to me.

That's not how acquisition works. Also, to be frank, swords just don't deal enough damage to be very useful. You'd be better off using your acquisition to get something more long-term useful, like one of those psychic fishing lures for summoning demons in the Khorne book.

>Purchasing Ambidextrous and TWF seems best at first

Seems, sure, but it's not particularly useful in the system. What happens if you run into something tough? Doesn't matter how accurate you are, you won't be able to damage them. And, like I said, try to avoid investing in unaligned talents until you gain some corruption. You'll thank me later.

>Then Lightning Reflexes gives me better chances to go first, and I can purchase Deceive, Charm, Acrobatics, and either Dodge or another Slaanesh Talent to get my +5 alignment to Slaanesh, and having spent no XP on other alignments, as starting skills/talents and unaligned talents don't count towards alignment, I should get to Slaanesh alignment rather quick, though maybe not for my first mutation unfortunately. Unless I don't get a lot of Corruption.

Well, you'll be 50 xp short of having 5 slaanesh advances at character creation, but that's ok. Either get dodge or precog dodge at character creation, helps you because you can't parry ranged attacks, otherwise some dude with a long las could ruin your day.
>>
>>53210915

Think like the Arthurian cycle. Astartes should have larger-than-life personalities, embark on heroic quests, and have friendly rivalries and vicious enmities.
>>
>>53203610
I enjoy creating minor Xenos races and fluff since the Koronus Expanse apparently has a ton of minor races. So far I think my best ideas are an off-shoot of human AIs that disappeared leaving behind their bizarre architecture and a race swallowed up by the warp after they tinkered with the warp one too many times.
>>
>>53210289
It doesn't sound like a very challenging campaign. Sorta just seems like you're all lolrandumb XD that guys.
>>
>>53210815
I'm honestly going more dodge than Parry, and in general I'm frenzying when I'm not really close to anyone else in the group, which is why I'm not especially worried about attacking them. It's only my comrade I'm concerned about.
>>
>>53210966
Psychic Scream ignores Armor and Toughness Bonus, just deals straight up explosive damage to the head. Feels a little more useful than Pen 8 to be honest.

Well I can't start with a Force Sword unless it's Poor quality and that isn't an option. I meant one of my acquisitions can be two Best Swords with Duellist's Grips and I can just toss the Good one. They'll work for a bit until I get my hands on some Force Swords. Best Craft Force Swords with Duellist's Grips is gonna be a bitch to get.

Okay, so if I leave those two talents behind what would be best for a Slaaneshi Wyrd-Warrior?

So if I grab Dodge, Acrobatics, Deceive, and Charm, that's 800 of my starting XP towards Slaanesh, what else could I get? I'd be 50xp under grabbing a talent or fellowship boost.
>>
>>53211037
It ignores non-warded armor. The target still gets their toughness.
>>
>>53211050
Oh I misread Warp Weapon.
Still, Shocking and Warp Weapon, plus explosive damage directly to the head.
Also seems better for Fluff to have Psychic Scream as a Slaaneshi Wyrd-Warrior.
>>
>>53211050

This. Also, its range is anemic, and you only get one shot. Doombolt hits multiple targets (Or the same target multiple times) and is a very thematically "Chaos" power. What's more, it doesn't give you a -20 penalty to try to use it. If you're succeeding on a Warp Scream, you would have hit them twice with Doombolt. And don't forget, people can still dodge Warp Scream.
>>
>>53204305
Disregard alignment; it's one of the worst things about BC.
>>
I seem to recall Rogue Traders having an ability where they can give a bonus to anyone doing something they want done but can't find it. What is it called? Am I just high?
>>
>>53212117
Under special abilities at the end of the career path chapter. Rogue trader has a pretty odd layout.
>>
>>53212138
Thanks very much, anon.
>>
Will an Artificial Intelligence make a suitable BBEG for a Dark Heresy campaign?
>>
>>53212176
Sure
>>
>>53212176
Absolutely.
>>
Outside of admech and a few PC alt career things, how is it seen to get cybernetics for the sake of cybernetics i.e. replacing a perfectly good arm/eye with a common quality bionic arm/eye instead of getting an augur array or MIU or such?
>>
>>53212176
Yes.

One of the most memorable campaigns we had was an AI that a planetary governor had been using as an advisor since he didn't identify it as an AI and thought it was the planets spirit or something.

The population of this planet lived in deep sinkholes and tunnels (akin to Utapau from Revenge of the Sith), and the party was sent to investigate a cave in that killed a whole bunch of members of the Administratum. They were collateral damage from the AI trying to kill a separatist group

It was more of an investigationary campaign. They defeated the BBEG by pulling the plug on him and stomping on the USB card
>>
>>53212336
>Everyone says you aren't really a person, TuringBot9000 but I can't tell the difference!
>>
>>53212292
Depends on the crowd. A warrior among warriors on a high tech planet will be understood and accepted. Same guy, medieval planet: fear and confusion.
>>
>>
How does Deathwatch play? I've been interested in DM'ing some 40k some time
>>
>>53214776

superpowers supermen where nothing is a challenge
>>
>>53214776
>>53215044

Not this guy, but if I wanted to do an Only War campaign in the Jericho Reach how much downscaling would I have to do from the Deathwatch sourcebooks?
>>
>>53215044
I know that you're space marines, but how can nothing be a challange? That sounds ridicolous
>>
>>53215170

tb8 with armor 10, weapons that even with errata will destroy anything because fury farming, implants that ignore many game rules, and stats and traits inflated so high you're getting 95% and higher chance of success by rank 2
>>
>>53215091
>Jericho Reach

not much, just usevtroop and elite enemies.

The problem is the Jericho reach no longer exists anymore.
>>
>>53215269

817M41 is the designated start year.
>>
>>53215290

This. It saves us from nucanon
>>
>>53215334

Fuck it. Rule Zero. Never happened.
>>
For Dark Heresy, on a weapon that is 3D10 + 4 E, what does E stand for ?
>>
>>53217299
Damage type (Energy).
>>
>>53217299
It's the type of damage it deals, E is energy, R rending, I impact, and X explosive.
>>
>>53215334
It's ridiculous how many people don't understand this

Your story doesn't have to be set in M41.999, you have ten thousand fucking years of an entire fucking galaxy to work with!
>>
File: Persistence of Memory.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Persistence of Memory.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>53217427

They're starting to merge it all together though, thanks to that Circumcision Maledictum thing. The past is bleeding into the present, and the future. We're already up to the Fifth Sphere of Expansion thanks to that big warpcrack, so time periods are no defense anymore.
>>
>>53217489
>Circumcision Maledictum
Speaking ill of circumcisions? I gotta start working with a younger crowd...
>>
How do you do a first aid test in Dark Heresy ?
>>
>>53203553
I know in a thread a few months back someone mentioned that there was a pretty decent ruleset in one of the Stars Without Number books for running various factions interacting with one another behind the scenes as time went on. Does anyone remember which book that was exactly? Was it just the core book? I was thinking about seeing how well it mapped onto Rogue Trader.
>>
File: Calixis-map.jpg (394KB, 2516x1630px) Image search: [Google]
Calixis-map.jpg
394KB, 2516x1630px
I've seen people make their own pic rel sectors. How I can do that? Probably photoshop? How do I do it? Where do I start?
>>
>>53218269

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UxOYfi63gvU2hBY2dYcHZUcjg/view

A handy set of templates for just that

To my knowledge, multiple anons' work is in these templates, but this iteration of it is the work of the anon who makes the Prosperitas sector
>>
>>53204305

repost tzaangor please
>>
Okay, for DH1e am I right in saying that if I want to be a murderous tech-priest of the 'kill crush destroy' type then general wisdom is to be a regular tech-priest up to rank 3, then at rank 4 start taking the secutor alternate ranks?
>>
>>53218710

Yeah, the Secutor is the combat techpriest.
>>
>>53218894
Is there anything worth taking earlier or just regular tech-priest up to there?
>>
>>53218467
May God Emperor bless you anon
>>
>>53218099
Roll it with appropriate situational modifiers?
>>
>>53219053
Accuitor Assassin from Lathe Worlds at level 2.
Gives you options to be sneaky about it, boobytrap systems and go into close combat frenzy.
>>
>>53203553
I didn't really know whether to put this in the 40K General or this one but I think you guys would give better feedback.

I'm running a Dark Heresy campaign and have an idea for a BBEG. What do you guys think of the Biologis faction of the Mechanicum alongside the Ordo Xenos experimenting on Tyranid tissues to try to figure out how their psyker powers work? In their experiments they used weak human psykers as guinea pigs. One of them went full Tetsuo from Akira and broke containment.

Acting as a beaten he drew a Hive Fleet to the planet. Instead of assimilating his biomass however, he integrated with or consumed any Tyranid matter he came in contact with. Now even the other Tyranids are trying to steer clear of his influence and the party has to stop him from forming a completely new Hive Fleet
>>
>>53219554
*acting as a beacon
>>
>>53219554
It sounds pretty interesting, but the stakes seem pretty high. Dealing with a Hive Fleet is top level Deathwatch stuff, not really something a Dark Heresy campaign would deal with. That said, the idea is interesting. Perhaps limit it to just the Magus Bioligos facility with some tyranid specimens within rather than involving a Hive Fleet?
>>
>>53219554
You did good job placing it here. The idea is radical, something that may make grognards reee, but I like it. Well you have it figured it out, but I would add up the outcome of such integration. The obvious, physical one and something about it making him inhumane, I would make his behaviour strange, outlandish. I wouldn't make him the final BBEG, however. Remember this is the tyranid stuff. I would make him a pawn which thought that it outplayed tyranids, when in fact it isn't. I would drop it almost at the end, making the players race against the time. This is only my way of seeing it, since idea is great and I might use it in future. Remember to pastebin/green text it here after you GM it.
>>
>>53219653

I am the poster of >>53219671 and I agree. Maybe make the Hive Fleet fuckery as an outcome of an Acolyte Cell failure? If this fact is visible from the start, not hidden - then especially it seems logical that the Kill Team would be sent instead of Acolytes.
>>
>>53219554
Almost everytime i come into a 40k rpg thread I wish i still had those beast voice samples from homework to post.
>>
>>53219554

https://mega.nz/#F!gno2WIhY!SdhnB3RPP4UMSvxLlE8Vyg

Here is my favorite biologis/logis daemon sound effects and a version of xmplay with the plugin to play them. Ever played homeworld cataclysm?
>>
File: Sad Collage.jpg (141KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Collage.jpg
141KB, 563x364px
>>53220703

>There will never be a Homeworld 3 because DoK didn't sell enough
>>
I'm currently running an Only War game and my operator player has been working more and more over time with the Mechanicus. What would be the best way of showing this mechanically? I'm thinking of making a home-brew advanced speciality for him to become a lay brother of possibly full initiate but not 100% sure how.
>>
>>53221109

They let him joyride an ordinatus minoris for a day
>>
>>53220703
I can't decrypt it, it just keeps loading forever. What's the reason behind it?
>>
>>53221355
ransomware
>>
>>53221456
What? Explain.
>>
>>53211000
well the lowlights are
>losing most of our fleet
>losing npc companions
>losing sanity and becoming corrupt
but that doesn't make for a fun interesting post
>>
>>53221552

>/s

Sorry, I dropped this.
>>
>>53221619
My high melanin friend i still dont know the fuck you mean brah
>>
>>53221672

I was cracking a joke, that the other anon had given you ransomware that was fucking up your computer. I legitimately have no idea what is wrong with your unpack.
>>
>>53221892
nigga u high
>>
>>53219653
I Just called it a Dark Heresy campaign for simplicity. I should have specified that this is a high XP campaign. The players are part of the Inquisition but can pretty much be anything from the FFG books that's not Chaos or Xenos.

>>53219671
I definitely want to catch that "Tetsuo" vibe. He's not entirely in control of his powers and he's mad, for being taken from his family, tortured, and experimented on. He feels all powerful but scared at the same time, especially as he melds more and more with the Tyranids.

From the Hive Mind point of view he's like a singularity spinning out of control. It can tell that the human will need new mass to contain the energy that is growing faster and faster. As long as it doesn't throw more bodies into the mess, he will burn out eventually. Then they can reclaim what's left. He has no idea what will happen and does think he's outsmarted the Hive Mind.
>>
>>53221355
>>53221456
>>53221552
>>53221672
>>53221892
I just tried copy/pasting the URL into a browser without any of my mega cookies on it and it had no problem loading. Pretty sure my link is fine. Anyone else report if they have other problems. I believe the anon having problems didn't copy/paste the entire URL.
>>
File: Tzaangor.pdf (573KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tzaangor.pdf
573KB, 1x1px
>>53218538
>>
>>53221072

gal vorbak when
>>
Does DH1e have that thing where if you somehow end up with a skill more than once (in this case due to a starting package and a home world) it gets an upgrade to next level, or is it just 'tough luck'?
>>
>>53223013

It does
>>
File: Gal Vorbak.jpg (39KB, 427x512px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Vorbak.jpg
39KB, 427x512px
>>53222933

Well, the plan is not for a while. I have half of the 18 Legions done at this point, and since I have a four day weekend coming up I want to try and crank out the rest over this week and the weekend. Once those are all taken care of, then I can look at elite specializations. I can already tell you that I'll be looking at the possessed rules as a start, and see what needs to be changed, as the Gal Vorbak could shift freely as needed, and worked in perfect harmony with their daemon buddies.
>>
>>53223385
karacnos when?
>>
File: fat guy wit dakka 2.gif (1MB, 322x214px) Image search: [Google]
fat guy wit dakka 2.gif
1MB, 322x214px
>>53223836

After Chapter 1
>>
Could anyone provide some examples of notable xeno species that are prevalent enough in the Koronus Expanse or near the Calixis Sector to be a threat that aren't the usual suspects(Ork, Eldar, etc.)?
>>
>>53224075
Rak'gol are located in the Alenic Depths and are chaos worshiping radioactive xenomorphs

Slaugth are found near the Hazeroth Abyss and are infiltrating the Calixis Sector. They like conflict and bio-organic constructs.

Stryxis are mysterious alien merchants that could be perfectly warm one minute to blasting apart your ship after an unknown slight.

Enoulians hate the imperium and come from the Halo Stars. There really isn't much personality there, but they frequently ally with heretics.

The ruins of the chaos worshiping Yu'vath and Egarian Dominion are located throughout the Calixis Sector and Expanse although Egarian ruins are most common in the Expanse. Yu'vath ruins have xenos constructs, some of which may be sentient species in their own right.
>>
>>53224211
Thanks, man. Will check those out and take a closer look.
>>
>>53203553
So in Rogue Trader we have rules for using a Macro Cannon Barrage and Lance Strikes as forms of Orbital Bombardment.

What happens when you shoot a nova cannon at a planet?
>>
>>53224917
Really big boom.
>>
>>53224996
But like how big of a boom?
It apparently has a blast measured in void units, and most planets are only 1 void unit in size. Does it murder everything or does it just blow a crater into it the size of texas, etc?
>>
>>53224996
>>53225094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc
The bard decided to be a rogue trader and got a Nova Cannon for one reason.
>>
>>53225094
Could have sworn this is in one of the books.
>>
>>53203553
So I am running my first session of Deathwatch tomorrow, home-brewed chapter - four players (apothecary, assault, devastator and librarian). I am going to do an intro regarding the Orks.

Assuming my players are both new and retarded, how much stuff should I throw at them? How many Ork Boyz for instance? Using Mark of the Xenos for reference.
>>
>>53227254

They're all from the same home-brewed chapter? Weird.
>>
File: GRAINHOUNDSGUIDEv2.png (170KB, 566x430px) Image search: [Google]
GRAINHOUNDSGUIDEv2.png
170KB, 566x430px
>>53227327
Its using Deathwatch system, but not the Deathwatch faction itself.
>>
>>53210915

Ask them if they enjoy playing Only War.

*When* they say yes, call them faggots and go find a better group to play with.
>>
>>53215256

All this and you will still get casually fucked up by a single Tau pathfinder squad if you're not careful.

DW is so damn fun.
>>
I hate rolled stats, bros. I really do. With this character I've played a session with, it's like, every stat rolled just a point below another level of bonus or just under a prereq for a good talent. I rolled 1 for my additional Wounds. He's going to get blasted at the first light breeze in his direction before I amass the exp and requisition to really do anything about it and I just feel crippled.
>>
File: sistersofsilence-103.jpg (210KB, 953x875px) Image search: [Google]
sistersofsilence-103.jpg
210KB, 953x875px
Have Sisters of Silence and/or their wargear been statted out for the RPG?
>>
>>53227652
No.
>>
>>53227652
DOGS
WITH MELTAS IN THEIR MOUTHS
AND WHEN THEY BARK THEY SHOOT MELTA BEAMS
>>
>>53227652
I had them as NPCs in a campaign of mine, but they were offscreen more than anything.
>>53227954
I had these as well funnily enough. But they were giant metal Tibetan Mastiffs with flamers in their mouths that tried to kill my players as they scaled a cliff-face.
>>53227606
Embrace it Anon. Heroes aren't born, they're self-made.
>>
What's the best Sweeping Order?
>>
>>53227652
Sisters of Silence are mia or kia.
>>
How to GM Rogue Trader properly? How to create space vessel combat map and how to GM it? How to handle large scale battles?
>>
>>53229152
Have you been living under a rock, anon?
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Talons-of-the-Emperor-ENG

The Sisters of Silence are present in the 41st millennium, but AFAIK the only thing they've been mentioned to be involved in between the Horus Heresy and M41 is the War against the Beast and showing up to help Guilliman fight Magnus on Luna in Gathering Storm.
>>
File: castle ravenloft art.jpg (145KB, 1202x1208px) Image search: [Google]
castle ravenloft art.jpg
145KB, 1202x1208px
What's your current adventure like? I'm running Ravenloft, converted for Black Crusade's rules and setting. My players and I are having lots of fun with it.
>>
>>53229161

If you have models, the game really suits itself to them.
>>
>>53227254
don't be afraid to go heavy, i killed a defiler in my very first session, here is how it went down
>be me, tactical space wolf
>bolter mastery and witch bolts
>Chaos cult has rocked up to fuck with our fun
>roll the lowest initiative on the table
>our devastator kills 20 cultists with 10 bullets
>unrelenting devastation ftw
>nek minuet a mother fuckering Tzeentch Defiler scuttles in
>my first turn is to shoot it just as a distraction while the rest of the kill squad gets to the tank
>shoot it with witch bolts, with all the extra D10's witch bolts gave me
>witch bolts give an extra D10 of damage for every psy rating
>roll 7D10+5
>every single dice is a 10
>3 of the dice confirm righteous fury
>total damage 98 pen 5
>accidentally one shot the scorpion tank as a distraction
>table explodes in laughter
>just like the defiler
>>
>>53224211
I think the Egarian Dominion less so worshipped Chaos and the implication is more that the Yu'Vath corrupted them and drove them to madness, no?
>>
>>53226308
It's the one kind of logical orbital bombardment weapon I couldn't find the rules for.
>>
I'll be DMing my first RPG soon, and it's black crusade, and I'm looking for advice.

The players are mostly CSM, a Warpsmith, a Thousand Sons sorcerer and a Dark Apostle, but there's a Pirate Prince in there too.

I was hoping some of you had some tips for how to start them off, like a good example adventure. I'm not really feeling the ones in the main rulebook.

Also, combat. The horde system looks really lame, is there a way to do combat without using hordes but still let the pirate Prince be useful in combat?

Any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>53229497
look to the dark heresy campaigns ad just reverse the roles, the dark heresy books have lots of cool ideas in them and are ripe for picking the cool stuff you love and putting it into your own campaigns
>>
>>53229497
I can't really speak for others but I had some fun with a campaign that began with Broken Chains.

>>53229518
>dark heresy campaign but reversed
>party is 90% marines
kek
>>
>>53229531
dont be a jerk, just because they are marines does not mean they can figured out the carefully crafte plots in the books, they can rape their way through comabt if you want them too, but there is heaps of ways around it, a space marine is useless when trapped in a non functioning suit of power armour, haywire grenades are a thing. if you cant figure out creative ways to deal with a party of marines then you will be a shit GM
>>
>>53229185

Nucanon not truecanon. Sisters of Silence are mia or kia.
>>
>>53229497
The Horde System can be quite lame. The thing I found that was good was multiple small hordes, meant to represent a small squad. Mix them up, different weapons and such, and then have single NPCs such as Sergeants for the mortal PCs to deal with.

A starter adventure would depend on what sort of campaign you want to run. Will it be a world hopping slaughter-fest or will you be cfocussing on one world and infiltrating and destroying it?
>>
>>53229594
Sisters of Silence are pretty new at least in the grand scheme . I wonder where it is that you people draw the line between nu- and new.

Unless nucanon is just canon you don't like and date of manufacture is irrelevant, no judgement there I do the same, but it feels like that'd be a misuse of the word nucanon which implies nee.
>>
>>53229686
Yeah, but "I don't listen to shifty nucanon" sounds better and more assertive than "I don't like that particular fluff bit, please don't mentioned it to me in response to my post." Also, for whatever reason, the later seems more likely to actually start a fight and derail the thread. Also, since thus is an anonymous imageboard, you can change the line between posts with no repercussions.
>>
>>53229755
>shifty nucanon
Damn autocorrect's outed me as a shifty mobileposter
>>
>>53229594
>Nucanon
And that begins where, exactly? Because the entirety of Sisters of Silence being MIA or KIA post-Heresy is something that first appeared around the time when the Horus Heresy novels began being published iirc. And AFAIK the Sisters of Silence first appeared in the Horus Heresy: Collected Visions, which makes them a pretty new creation all together and not necessarily part of """"""""truecanon""""""".

>>53229686
Agreed anon. Shitloads of new material for 40k is generally "okay ideas, god awful execution" and I'm not entirely okay with the general direction the fluff seems to be taking. But this nucanon/truecanon split is so ill-defined that I've seen screeching autists argue that everything post-2nd ED is nucanon.

Doesn't help that we have people with Shas brand of autism going "NO, EVERYTHING GW PUBLISHES MUST BE FOLLOWED DOGMATICALLY OR YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" to the point where flat out untruths is being spewed about it, like here >>53217489

>>53229755
Are you >>53229594 ?

And yes, it might sound more assertive. It also sounds like an autistic "REEEEE THIS IS BADWRONGFUN".
>>
>>53229790
No, I'm not. Just giving my theory why it's more popular response than the later. I'd also theorize it starts less fight because it comes off as super autistic and no one wants to argue with an autist, but the amount of (you)s Carnac gets seems to kill that theory out of the gate.
>>
>>53229497
I'll take a look at the DH book for reverse ideas then, thank you.

>>53229602
I'll take that in to account. I worry it'll just be marines wading through blobs of inconsequential mooks that won't make for great storytelling.

I'm thinking of having the three Marines tasked with going somewhere to recover something/someone on behalf of a local warlord, using the Prince's ship as transport. They arrive, something goes wrong and they take the blame and spend a few sessions on the run, maybe pursued by the warlord, his mooks and some of his captains as boss encounters, along with what they encounter on the way.
>>
>>53229790

The Fifth Sphere of expansion is real. GW released an article for it yesterday. The Fourth Sphere got eaten by the warp and is spitting out Tau across the Galaxy through time and space, and the Fifth Sphere is setting up to be identical.
>>
>>53229790
>we have people with Shas brand of autism going "NO, EVERYTHING GW PUBLISHES MUST BE FOLLOWED DOGMATICALLY OR YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG"

I don't think even he is as dogmatic as people think. He may be obsessed with the modern and newest stuff, but he keeps talking about "containment sectors" which seems to be antithetical to dogmatic canon.
>>
File: 4th sphere.jpg (55KB, 574x166px) Image search: [Google]
4th sphere.jpg
55KB, 574x166px
>>53229817
Carnac seems to have zeroed in on easily triggering fa/tg/uys by sheer persistence and concentrated autism

>>53229863
>The Fourth Sphere got eaten by the warp and is spitting out Tau across the Galaxy through time and space,
No it's not, they've merely hinted on the fate of the 4th sphere expansion, pic related. Which will likely be elaborated on in the 8ed rulebook. Which desu is not a bad narrative device to allow the Tau to be apart of events outside of their tiny sphere of influence. Even if it annoys me because the Tau has enough plot armor and narrative wanking as it is.

And I'm only really objecting to the "TIME PERIODS ARE MERGING" shit because no-fucking-where did GW say that's what happening. The article on the Cicatrix Maledictum merely states that time acts fucky around it in the same way time has always acted fucky around large Warp storms.
>"So powerful and far was this storm that the very laws of physics fray at the edges as the inconsistencies of time fluctuations, once largely localised to larger storms such as the Eye of Terror, spread across the galaxy. Some worlds felt centuries go by in an instant while others were all but frozen in time, and still others have suffered constant temporal shifts. "

Not that the various time periods are merging. *IF* they're gonna do that (which would a dumb fucking idea and basically removes any point of having a timeline of events in the first place) it's not been confirmed in any way yet.

>>53229944
Yeah and he's also talking about how "time periods are not a defence" i.e, how different time periods are not a defence to not follow the brand newest canon because that's the right thing to do in>>53217489 among a dozen other examples of him coming off as really dogmatic.
>>
>>53229602

That's pretty much how OW does hordes, I really like the rules.
>>
Making some custom pdfs for my campaign, does anyone have any borders/backgrounds for doing this? Want it to look professional
>>
>>53203553
Just added up weights of my players standard regimental kit in OW. Got 51.5kg. this takes them all to overencumbered before they even get to their supplemental gear. I get that you don't have to carry all of it with you but some weights even seem wonky. A single ration weights 2.2lbs. A knife weighs 2.2lbs. Etc.

Was wondering if anyone uses any houserules for weights and carry capacity in their games.

>Inb4 just ignore encumbrance.
No. This isn't 5e. I want some semblance of realism.
>>
>>53228970
Get Them!
>>
>>53231920
Cut the weights in half and see if that gets more reasonable.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/weight-of-war-gear-that-protects-troops-also-injures-them/
https://protonex.com/blog/what-do-soldiers-carry-and-whats-its-weight/
http://www.npr.org/2011/04/10/134421473/weight-of-war-soldiers-heavy-gear-packs-on-pain
>>
>>53203553
A Sororitas question:

Are there any orders, or would it be possible for there to be an order, that worships the Emperor but most of their rhetoric is about Terra and humanity? Think of your typical god(dess) of civilization priests and what have you. Could a Sororitas order pull that off without moving into heresy?
>>
>>53229988
>"TIME PERIODS ARE MERGING"

To be fair with all the horus heresy stuff being shoehorned into 40k and vice versa, and even some 40k stuff showing up in AoS, it's abundantly clear that GW doesn't care about timelines, just selling toys.
>>
File: Snoop Dogg Smile.gif (1MB, 304x328px) Image search: [Google]
Snoop Dogg Smile.gif
1MB, 304x328px
>>53229790

Untruth is only a matter of who's writing the archive. I'm still hype for Fourth Sphere Tau who gotta get back, back to the past, Samurai J'ack.

>>53238764

Like that time Trazyn summoned an AoD Ultramarines army, or how the Pharos summoned the Tyranids? Fun times.
>>
>>53229497
House of Dust and Ash (Disciples of the Dark Gods- DH1e) is one of my favorite pre-written adventures among all of the lines. Wouldn't be too difficult to tweak the basic details for Black Crusade
>>
on a scale from 1 to HERESY how bad is killing a daemon then making weapons out of its dead body?

and is there a faction on the imperium that does this
>>
>>53242487
HERESY

Radicals probably.
>>
>>53242487
Unpossible. The energy daemons are made of dissipates into the Warp when they are destroyed. But, should you find a way to pull it off, double extra heresy. Grey Knights do it... probably.
>>
>>53242552
I am not sure how but our DM said there was a a dead demon body

>>53242541
our inquisitor is a Radicals so everything should be fine and dandy?
>>
>>53242487
Considering that the Relictors got wiped out for simply using possessed weapons?

Radicals or not, the Puritans are going to want you dead.
>>
>>53242653
>Radicals
>fine and dandy
Your soul is already damned and you will forever be denied to be with the emperor in death.
>>
>>53242993
>>53242671
>>53242552

Guess my tech-priest is good as dead
>>
File: shootingyourselfinthefoot.jpg (55KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
shootingyourselfinthefoot.jpg
55KB, 400x337px
>>53243273
Just burn the corpse dude.
Or just start mailing pieces to people you hate, and make the return address someone else that you hate.

You're the Inquisition. You're the one who investigates this stuff anyway. If the puritans get pissy, you can claim it was an attempt to smoke out the heretics by seeing who didn't report the shipment.
>>
>>53243339
Inquisitor-senpai... You are a model for us all.
>>
Reminder to purge yourself after purging the daemon.
>>
>>
What's the best way of telling another player to stop metagaming/trying to force dm into things as a player?
>>
>>53238764
>To be fair with all the horus heresy stuff being shoehorned into 40k and vice versa,
That depends on what you mean with "horus heresy stuff". I can remember as far back as 2nd ed that relics and artifacts from the Horus Heresy has been around in m41. The Gauntlets of Ultramar come to mind.
>and even some 40k stuff showing up in AoS
u wot m8?
>it's abundantly clear that GW doesn't care about timelines, just selling toys.
I disagree. They're still clearly pushing the Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k as seperate brands, even if there's marketing that you can use MkIV Marines in both games of the Horus Heresy and 40k to encourage sales.

>>53240035
>Untruth is only a matter of who's writing the archive.
If you're trying to be clever you're failing hard at it, Shas.
>>
>>53246802
>u wot m8?

he probably means kaldor draigo in the end times
>>
>>53240035
Did you suffer a stroke writing that, tripfag?
>>
>>53246802

reposting from another thread with the Primaris marines

>I'd like to know where Mk9 PA went and why must everything always have to be tied to 30k. Shit sucks. At this point there's HH and then there's late M41, and nothing of note happened in between. Everything is tied to HH. We might as well squeeze the timeline down to HH happening few hundred years before M41 and it'd feel much more plausible.
>>
File: Skub Muhreen.jpg (125KB, 850x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Skub Muhreen.jpg
125KB, 850x1087px
>>53247945
I just saw that post and I agree with him (except squeezing the timeline down), there's ten fucking thousand years of history to dick around with with plenty of exciting periods between late m41 and the HH. Like the Nova Terra Interregnum, Reign of Blood, Macharian Crusades and etc.

So, what's the point you're trying to make?
>>
>>53248005

The point is they are trying to turn the 10k year gap into dead space, and it's more and more exhausting to fight it, especially when my friends are all gung ho about the new stuff and call me an old grog for preferring the older, darker aesthetic and mystery in the unexplained blanks. If I'm the only one left amongst my friends who stillprefers the old, and I'm getting left in the dust, what's the point in trying? I won't have any games, TT or RPG or otherwise if I don't adapt at this point.
>>
>>53248185
>The point is they are trying to turn the 10k year gap into dead space,
Biggest mistake GW is doing imo.

>and I'm getting left in the dust, what's the point in trying?
Because what you do with your models is no ones problem but your own? Though, I don't play the TT anymore (because shit rules and my local community is cancer), so my perspective is skewed and I'm so deep in the "your dudes" philosophy I literally can't comprehend the "MUH ONE TRUE 40K" fluff autism I see prevalent now because thats how I was introduced to 40k in '98~ish.

So as far as I see it, if you want to make an army that represents a different time-period I don't entirely see the issue. You can still play the game the same game as your buddies who prefer the newer shit. And when it comes to the RPG's, you (if you GM) can set precisely when and where you want to set your game. My games for instance take place between early-mid M41 because it's among my favorite time periods and my homebrew (just beneath the OP) doesn't move further than 900.M41 because of all the bullshit that occurs in the last century.

I get your point, I just don't see it as huge an issue as you do unless they start discontinuing a shitload of different models. Which is not entirely unlikely to be honest, but then we'll probably be REEEEEEE'ing together over it.
>>
File: tina-fey-eye-roll.jpg (98KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tina-fey-eye-roll.jpg
98KB, 500x362px
I've been lurking here for years and have always seen the same thing. "GW will never advance the plot" rage.

Now they are and everyone is shitting their pants about it.

It's like yall just find excuses to be angry of something. Not even bait.
>>
>>53248607
The problem is 40k has never really had a plot, a narrative yes, plot not so much. It's a setting where you tell stories in, not a setting based around a story.

And when you have TEN THOUSAND YEARS of history to explore in the setting, moving forward seems like a wasted opportunity. But I probably just think that because I remember when GW had the ambitions of becoming its own damn arthouse and artstyle.

It's also not advancing "the story" in the way peoples headcanon does, so that's why people are absolutely shitting their pants on top of people still being suspicious as fuck of GW after they squatted WHFB and made AoS.
>>
>>53249080
>It's also not advancing "the story" in the way peoples headcanon does, so that's why people are absolutely shitting their pants on top of people still being suspicious as fuck of GW after they squatted WHFB and made AoS.

GW is now a culture of fear, and every change to canon is a personal attack against the buyer and their headcanon.
>>
>>53248607

They changed it, and it made people afraid. They're doing the only thing a captive, powerless audience can - yell loudly.
>>
>>53246591
"I would like you to please stop metagaming and/or trying to manipulate me into things." Very important: praise in public, punish in private. I'm not saying praise their metagaming, I'm saying don't bring it up to the group. Handle it with the player alone, and like you aren't an awkward nerdlinger terrified of social interaction and confrontation.
>>
>>53241389
Thanks, I'll try and find a digital copy of the book.
>>
File: guard1.jpg (399KB, 1000x1429px) Image search: [Google]
guard1.jpg
399KB, 1000x1429px
Got my first ever Only War game slated to start in two days and I'm DMing. Reading through the rules again to make sure I got them down.

Last minute advice?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482719972394.jpg (54KB, 720x296px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482719972394.jpg
54KB, 720x296px
>>53249589
Try the mega in the OP, bruv.
>>
>>53250066

The Formation rules from Enemies of the Imperium make combat easier to track.
>>
File: Tricasian Knight Tactical.jpg (48KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tricasian Knight Tactical.jpg
48KB, 400x500px
>>53203553
Rate my custom Chapter for deathwatch fa/tg/uys, inb4 'muh optimisation':
Founding: 33rd Millenium
Founding Chapter: Dark Angels
Gene Seed Purity: Altered Stock
Gene Seed Defciences: None
Modifiers: +5 Per, +5 Strength
Founding Heroes: Chapter Master, Whom Brought a sector back into the Imperium
Home World: Medieval - Urban - Stewardship
Codex chapter
Close Combat Doctrine

Solo Mode Ability [Wolf Senses]

Attack Pattern: Sustained Suppression
TL;DR Can take normal actions whilst maintaining overwatch for maximum tactical advancing

Defensive Stance: Swift Advance

Chapter Friends: Adeptus Mechanicus
Chapter Enemies: Night Lords
Chapter Advance Table: Strength of Arms
>>
How would you go about statting up the new Primaris marines /tg/?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170217-014200.png (886KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170217-014200.png
886KB, 1280x720px
>>53250395
>start

By killing myself. Filthy nucanfag
>>
>>53250493
>shitty crop, shitty webcomic, shitty phoneposter
>implying you are less cancerous than """"nucanon""""

kysplox
>>
>>53250395

>Primaris Marines

Well, fuck this, I'm done.
>>
>>53250395
I won't. I might be wrong but 8th edition is looking to be a story, not a setting. Unlike the rest of Imperial history (which there is 10000 years of), I bet it's going to be a lot harder to have independent stories post 999.M41.

Therefore, my games will continue to be set between M36 and M41, and therefore Primaris Marines won't need to be statted,
>>
>>53251237
Tbh I've had an idea for a Deathwatch campaign where basically your chasing the Terran Crusade to confirm Bobby G is back, with all these apocalyptic events starting, stopping by planets in which which require your help for supplies or to fufill long standing oaths made by chapter forefathers.

TL;DR Roadtrip to meet grandpapa smurf, shenanigans ensure
>>
>>53248185
>If I'm the only one left amongst my friends who stillprefers the old, and I'm getting left in the dust, what's the point in trying?
If you got fluff problems I feel bad for ya son, I got 99 problems but dogmatic friends ain't one.

For the most part, we just agree on what to keep from the new and what to ignore. And then if there's an irreconcilable difference of opinion, we have rule 0: you want to have the fluff your way, you GM. Seems to work pretty well, but then, we're not autistic. Not that you or your friends are, but being super dogmatic about a fictional setting's fluff that retcons itself practically on the daily seems pretty autistic to me.
>>
>>53250395
Shouldn't be hard, their only stat is having 2 wounds and attacks rather than 1, so just give them swift/lightning attack and bump up the number of wounds they get. Maybe a +5 bonus to certain stats depending on how the lore describes them once we have more if it, but nothing major. Armour we'll likewise have to wait to hear more lore on before we can do anything more than have it be the same as errant, and their guns are just bolters with extra range and some extra AP.
>>
File: cultist of tzeentch.jpg (117KB, 942x848px) Image search: [Google]
cultist of tzeentch.jpg
117KB, 942x848px
>>53250066
Pinning and fear rating are different.
Keep a pencil and note pad for making notes/drawing pictures to remind yourself. Its way faster than typing.
Remember that enemies throw grenades too.
You might want to learn the hord rules later.
You should atleast understand either the weapons in the armory or the talents/skill section. Or both.
>>
File: 1490818506018.jpg (132KB, 830x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490818506018.jpg
132KB, 830x900px
>>53250597
Being this teir of a turbonigger.
>>
Probably a stupid question but is there any easy way to get that generic techpriest buzz for talking over a mic? Think the one from Dawn of War 1.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485648007196.jpg (120KB, 680x759px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485648007196.jpg
120KB, 680x759px
>>53253181
>posts Ork meme
>text isn't green, da best

Snotling tier desu fampai
>>
>>53254024
My green kee is zogged an Da mek sez e wuz gon bring a kee bord from 'is gubbinz pile. I still waiting on 'I'm.
>>
File: moments_1088968981132784_hi_res.jpg (59KB, 300x960px) Image search: [Google]
moments_1088968981132784_hi_res.jpg
59KB, 300x960px
>>53254073
>Krump 'im and take 'is gubbinz! Or is ya as weedy as yer un-Orky typin'?
>>
>>53251286

That sounds hilariously awesome. All you need is a cool ship.
>>
File: 1369027863107.png (208KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1369027863107.png
208KB, 510x546px
What's the best adventure to run in OW after 11th Hour?
>>
File: f9c.jpg (50KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
f9c.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
>>53254243
>krump da mek an take es gubbinz.
Derz a reazin u lootas ain't 'lowed in da kamp. Krumpin da one boy whot kan make us get closer to havin enough dakka and mo choppy bitz
>>
Do you guys have any Deathwatch stories you want to share?

I want to know more about how the game plays, what sort of missions you are sent to and so on.
I'm looking into DM'ing a campaign.
>>
>>53250066
Remember that they're playing as soldiers in the imperial guard meaning that there is no shortage of replacement PCs.
>>
>>53210915
They are typical of /tg/ scum who don't actually know the lore they are commenting on, and replace it with headcanon.
>>53229755
>sounds better and more assertive
No, it's REEEE screeching.
>>
>>53249300
>>53249343
These are so true, it's almost pathetic.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467251832140.jpg (20KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467251832140.jpg
20KB, 251x251px
>>53254554
>youz Klan only 'as one Mekboy? Pahahaha! Oi shore 'opes you'z lot don' do dis!
>>
>>53249300
>GW is now a culture of fear, and every change to canon is a personal attack against the buyer and their headcanon.
Didn't used to be this way, but it's honestly not surprising given how late 2000s-early-mid 2010s GW, especially though BL, but sometimes through codices developed a trend of violently, and sometimes hamfistedly, tearing out long-established, cornerstone facts of the setting and flipping them on their heads.

When a setting one loves gets radically altered, and not necessarily for the better (though that's subjective), you pretty much have four options: ignore it entirely and bury your head in the sand, adapt and maybe ignore somethings and not others, leave, or rage hard on the internet.

The choice is pretty obvious for a market with an unusually high concentration of manchildren and autists. It still takes me off guard from time to time how seriously people on this board take 40k's canon, both new and old fluff.
>>
>>53255319

NUCANON APOLOGIST STOP ATTACKING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1490808197867.png (146KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490808197867.png
146KB, 500x500px
>>53255319

It could have been any other primarch and people would have cheered. No it has to be Rowboat, and he hasls to go home and nick daddy's sword. (Really what's so special about it other than his dad wielded it and therefore it has to be well made.) And he has to have an IOU from a 2edgy4u not eldar. (Cawls a true cogbro though, and I would like to know more on the back story of the armor and nu mareens, like how did gurlyman convince cawl to "improve" on the omnisiahs most holy work? The astartes.) And, aaaand a fuckong loving saint that's doing all the goddamn legwork on Abadabbadoo gets the glory yanked from her by grandpa smurf and then has to deal with him tipping his fedora and telling her everything she knows about big E is a lie.
(Which admittedly makes her 40ks cap 'murika. Who has seen gods, and still believes in the Christian God. )

Oh and Abby's sword is absolute trash, I hope he gets rid of it. Fucking deus ex sword...
>>
>>53255560
If you're going to samefag yourself, could you at least do it contributing to the thread, instead of contributing to turning this one into the same "muh grognards, muh nucanon" shitshow that every single other 40k thread is at the moment.
>>53255593
>>53255513
Same with the rest of you. You have a dozen other threads to do this in.
>>
>>53250287
It's hard to rate a homebrew chapter off of the base rolls. It's asking me to rate a picture and handing me an empty frame. A nice frame perhaps, but an empty one.
>>
>>53250287

Why the spess wolf solo mode?

Why Sustained suppression and swift advance (both ranged boosts) for a chapter that seems to want to be punchy? The Swift Advance I can see for repositioning, but the other one?
>>
File: Untitled.png (430KB, 752x305px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
430KB, 752x305px
How would one stat the Anti-Phase bolts?

I would say like Kraken bolts, that, similar to toxic, impose a -10 modifier for every point of damage for the Regeneration trait toughness test by the Necron. Also, since it's anti-phasic, it prevents them from phasing out.
(Though maybe only a percent chance for Lords and such, since they don't have fate points to burn)
>>
>>53256768

'+2 Penetration, Reanimation Protocols tests by Necrons must be rerolled.
>>
>>53256802
I forgot that Necrons had rules in Deathwatch, and that those rules included Regen Protocols. I was looking at Black Crusade.

I'd still have it make them unable to phase out, given the name.
>>
>>53257062
They have reanimation protocols in BC too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (824KB, 601x864px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
824KB, 601x864px
>>53257133
If they do, it's not in the main rulebook, or I'm retarded.
>>
File: Necron weapons.png (801KB, 1004x882px) Image search: [Google]
Necron weapons.png
801KB, 1004x882px
>>53257272
It is in Tomb of Fate
>>
File: Untitled.png (64KB, 377x172px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
64KB, 377x172px
>>53257332
I'm still not seeing RP, and the Reanimation Orb on my pdf gives a bonus to their Regeneration Trait toughness test. Still haven't ruled out broken pdfs or retardation/blindness on my part though.
>>
>>53257397
Did you try ctrl+f for it?
>>
>>53257423
Fuck me, I missed the optional rule sidebar. I'm still not used to a world where ctrl+f works on pdf readers (still doesn't on a lot of my pdfs)
>>
>>53257610
It depends on what the contents of the pdf are. Some are essentially just images, others actually have text you can highlight.
>>
>>53257610
Well if it's an optional rule then both proposed homebrew rules work equally well.
>>
I did it.
I fucking did it.
A ascended a character in Black Crusade.
And not just to a daemon prince. Oh no, he ascended into a God of the Vortex!
It was my favorite ever RPG character, and i will forever treasure him.
Bless you Lazarus, you disgusting pile of rotten Nurgle flesh!
>>
>>53258373
>God of the Vortex

First of all, congratulations.

Second, what is a God of the Vortex, exactly? I don't remember it being mentioned in the books.
>>
>>53258373
>he ascended into a God of the Vortex!
That's just a fancy way of saying extremely powerful daemon princes. Many daemon princes grow powerful enough to be worshipped alone and even carve out little realms in the Formless Wastes.

Or they used to, not so sure about now. GW has been really dumbing down chaos recently. There's a lot of fun things that chaos does that rarely get mentioned anymore if not retconned. Big part of the reason why the fanbase is such a mess these days.
>>
With regards to ascending in BC, am I the only person who doesn't force players to be devoted to one of the Chaos gods? It feels like a silly restriction to me
>>
>>53258419
Well its not mention anywhere, but long story short:
We found Malal sitting in a giant throne in the Frozen Heart, in the center of the Vortex. We fought the Sons of Malal and eventually captured Malal using tech from our Necron allies. Now heres the issue, Malal was keeping the Vortex together. And my character, Lazarus, the Writing World Sorcerer King, loved the Screaming Vortex more than anything in the world. And so he offered himself. He stood on the throne, and begged the Chaos gods to make him the new warden of the Vortex, so that it may keep existing. One successful -50 Infamy test later, and Lazarus ascended. I was at 84 Inf and 79 Cor, but it din't really mater at that point. And now, Lazarus sits on the throne in the Heart of the Vortex, the new mini-god of the Screaming Vortex, forever protecting it from all who would harm it, and making sure its glory sings forever, until the universe grows cold...
>>
>>53257668
Not the same anon, but I've been using Foxit Reader, and some of my text pdfs (eg Black Crusade core) always hit some kind of error where it sends me to the cover page if something is in the back half of the book.
>>
>>53258525
How do you do it?
>>
>>53259590
I just use adobe acrobat reader.
>>
>Only war game is dragging on
>Managed to get away with suicidal scouting missions
>Got away with being shelled at by our own Basilisks mostly
>Somehow managed to hold out against a stupid amount of orks and managed to gib some warboss, who's head we proudly paraded around with us
>Even survived a mechanised assault to relieve a siege on a big hive
>GM clearly decided enough was enough, genestealer cult has sprung in the midst of the shitstorm
>We're still just about holding on
>Thinking of my previous glory, go to throw another grenade as the genestealers are rushing us
>I make an awful roll and end up blowing my arm off and killing the medic and some sponges outright
>I bleed out on the floor as our other stormtrooper gets fucked up
>Heavy weapons guy gets torn to shreds not long after
>Commissar gets devoured and decided to shoot the last bullet sponge we had as his final move
>Hive world and orks on it all get nommed and Exterminatus soon after
Seems a fitting way to go, we should have died much earlier
>>
>>53258525
No, but we never got far enough into a BC campaign for it to matter. I suppose we will eventually and I'd homebrew it then. But on the TT the Mark of Undivided just gave fearless which is borderline useless compared to the others, infinitely more so if the player is a CSM
>>
>>53259605
I've only had players hit the Ascension mark once. 1 Khorne, 1 Tzeentch, 2 Undivided. I had the Undivided players come up with and execute actions that were devoted to a particular god to earn said deity's favor. These included:
- Creating a plague that ended up killing off 2 Hive Worlds entirely
- Slowly corrupting a Cabal of inquisitors that was hunting them
- Raiding Reliquary 26 (see Deamon Hunter, DH1e), and destroying anything they couldn't steal
- Destroying a Star Fort after starting a Daemonic Incursion, then crashing it into a planet

This was a very ambitious party, trust me. Game went on for around 4 years
>>
Is there any reason, as a tech-priest in Dark Heresy 1e, to _not_ take Factor of the Lathes at Rank 1? Like any mechanical weakness to doing so.
>>
>>53260810
You don't get access to all the same talents and skills, and you do get a focus on social / fellowship stuff. Which you may not actually want.
>>
What's the best up-to-date character creation tool?
>>
>>
Are auto-quills just pens or are they something more? From the description, I thought they were typewriters or something similar, but then I saw that they have a weight of -.
>>
>>53265349
Yes, just pens.
>>
>>53265363
I thought the "just a pen" item is the Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communictions Transcription Device
>>
>>53265949
This is also just a pen.
>>
File: 1493957338950.jpg (77KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493957338950.jpg
77KB, 750x750px
>>53259642
May your squad rest in the eternal glory of the Emperor.
>>
>>53265349
The portable version has a weight of -. There are non-portable versions.

>Often elaborate devices of ink-stained brass and vat-grown or artificial quills, these devices allow a user to copy text or transcribe speech with impressive speed and accuracy. Many scribes carry portable units, suitable for recording interrogation sessions or xenos translations.
>>
>>53266447
I assume they are a tech augmented quill.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (235KB, 687x1040px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
235KB, 687x1040px
>>53266491
I always assumed that this must be an auto-quill
>>
>>53267235
Ditto.
>>
Dark Heresy campaign where the NPC inquisitor boss is an idealistic fool trying to restart the Ordo Chronos: workable idea?
>>
>>53254305
At the end of 11th Hour the PC have to leave again. My players took an arvus lighter and got werk. they crash in the jungle. After a little walk they found the supply depot gamma 29 and they started the adventure at the end of the OW book.
>>
>>53268516
No, because you are hedging on a meme ordo that most outside of /tg/ never heard of because they don't really matter.
Make a game based on the ordo that polices the Officio Assassinorum, instead.
>>
>>53269500

Thanks man.
>>
>>53254707
Anyone?
>>
>>53254305
Do you want to keep them in the jungle?

If yes, run the adventure from the corebook. After or instead of that, rework Old Soldiers (GM Kit) to take place in said jungle instead of a forest.

A lot of Final Testament assumes your PC's are fresh reinforcements to the planet, as well as ignorant of the politics there. Finish up on your starter jungle planet if you decide to run it next.

No Surrender takes place on a star-fort and for that reason is a pretty good self-contained adventure, since after its completion you'll all be dead or reassigned elsewhere. It's also the highest level of the pre-written adventures and you fight some pretty nasty shit in it.

>Eleventh Hour -> Corebook -> Old Soldiers -> No Surrender -> Final Testament.
>>
>>53270817
(Cont because I forgot some stuff)

The reason I recommend this order is because Final Testament ends with you still on the planet with the door open to either stay there or get reassigned offworld (again). No Surrender makes for a better 'finale' if you are ONLY going to run pre-written adventures however.
>>
>>53269635
>meme Ordo
>more references in fluff than any other Ordo Minoris
>entire page in DH core book about it
'The Tyrantine Cabal is a meme conspiracy that nobody outside of /tg/ has ever heard of'
>>
>>53270994

Nice try. The tyrantine cabal is made by FFG, and therefore respects the lore far better than anything GW makes. It is therefore more canon than memey time travellers. Don't talk unless you understand these facts.
>>
File: Sister_Brofist.png (111KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Sister_Brofist.png
111KB, 700x700px
>>53270817

That's some solid advice. I'll reframe the Core Rulebook adventure to take place in the same jungle as 11th Hour, and then I'll continue on that pathway. Final Testament ends with the Star Fort being destroyed? Is there any way to save the fort without fucking the narative up?
>>
>>53271093
The star fort in No Surrender is only destroyed if the PC's don't stop the Warp Smith's ritual to daemonically possess the station, or if he's allowed to grow his warp portal to the point it won't close by itself. Even then, they have to activate the self-destruct ritual in the first place (though the alternative is worse).

Therefore, if your PC's are quick enough it doesn't necessarily have to go kaboom. Hell, they could slow to a crawl but just handwave that you stopped the Warp-Smith before he completed his ritual and with his death the portal closes.
>>
>>53270994
>gets a number of one off maybe could be references
>is the preferred dickrider ordo of /tg/ because muh time travel right up there with Alpha Legion memery
Keep being mad that your unoriginal idea based on meme tier lore is called out for what it is.
>The Tyrantine Cabal is a meme conspiracy that nobody outside of /tg/ has ever heard of
And then you resort to just being an outrageous faggot, rather than a subtle faggot because you think it wins arguments. You still suck cock.
>>
>>53272972

Shh, it's okay, just let the general tear itself apart. Nothing is surviving this edition change intact.
>>
File: 1494405577521.jpg (259KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1494405577521.jpg
259KB, 480x712px
>>53275793

Honestly I'm struggling to give a shit about all this edition crap. I'm just gonna keep doing what I was doing, maybe using some of the new lore when it suits me.
>>
>>53275897
>I'm just gonna keep doing what I was doing, maybe using some of the new lore when it suits me.
Which is exactly the problem. /tg/ has so many fucking autists that get triggered by ideas like that, that this thread is the closest /tg/ has to usable over all the autistic screeching. It is aggravating to the point where I wish GW would kill 40k so everyone can go into their own corners like Fantasy.
>>
>>53275981
>where I wish GW would kill 40k
Alright, that's hyperbole to an extent. But the state of /tg/ has made me pretty aggravated since it's my favorite board.
>>
>>53276120

Man, Primaris Marines basically broke the board, or at least the 40k parts. First it was hilarious, then just sad.
>>
>>53275981
>so everyone can go into their own corners like Fantasy.

With all the talk of Primaris Marines, canon dogma, and Your Dudes, that is EXACTLY what is already happening.
>>
>Tome of Fate has Slaanesh powers
>one power lets you make two lightning attacks per round for a number of rounds equal to your psy rating or until you stop making lightning attacks
>only allowed to take reactions and use lightning attacks while power is in effect
>these attacks are not made at normal lightning attack and two weapon fighting penalties
>instead you get a bonus equal to the number of successes on his focus power times five
>required to have Lightning Attack and Two-Weapon Wielder talents to purchase this
I get that it's powerful and late game but how would a psyker or sorcerer of Slaanesh even grab this power? Lightning Attack is a tier 3 Khorne talent that requires the tier 2 Khorne Talent Swift Attack.
>>
>>53276901
You just need, what was it, 5 more Slaanesh talents than Khorne to be Slaanesh. Get them early while you're still unaligned.

Also, interesting in that it's the only power in the game that doesn't have a required psy rating. I don't think you need to be a psyker to buy it.
>>
>>53276959
You need to be a psyker to purchase a psychic power and make focus power tests so it's lack of a required psy rating doesn't mean much. Except that you'd get to make no attacks at psy rating 0.
They're still expensive talents. 500xp for Swift Attack and another 750xp for Lightning Attack at unaligned, meanwhile your allies are probably already aligning to their gods and getting cheaper upgrades already.
The power just seems like a trap to work towards, it's a Slaanesh Power that has Khorne requirements.
>>
Playing a dark heresy tech priest. Sollexian. Armour - wise I'm obviously planning on Dragon Scale. Any suggestions on appropriate top tier weapons?
>>
>>53276600
>that is EXACTLY what is already happening.
Unfortunately it's not. What's happening is they're all staying in the same threads shrieking at each other.
>>
>>53277560
I don't know if it's top-tier per se (and it's not even Dark Heresy), but the Solo Pattern Boltgun from Rogue Trader is pretty brutal if you want to play a sniper type character. Especially with special ammo.

The Autocannon is probably the best option if you want to go heavy weapons.
>>
>>53277744
Sollexian means I'm almost definitely sticking to Las weapons or anything else light based. Which... I think it's just Las, especially given it also means being very conservative and orthodox so no xenos shit.
>>
>>53277777
Lathe lasguns and laspistols.
>>
>>53277777
Archeotech!
>>
>>53277904
Hrm. I imagine archeotech is like an omnissian axe; not something I can buy, only acquire through the campaign.

>>53277859
Ah, I had noticed lathe stuff is especially swag. I'll look into those.
>>
Only War question: do the Forgeworlds tithe regiments? I thought they didn't but Regiment Creation has not one but two Forge World origins.

Are these Departmento Munitorum units or are they AdMechs?
>>
>>53278110
I suppose they technically can, but nearly all forgeworlds pay their tithe in wargear, and if they need to attack something they send Skitarii. It could also be a planet that, through some quirk of history, ended up being split 50/50.

Might be fun to homebrew something like that up.
>>
>>53278396

IIRC one of the worlds in the Lathe supplemental was like that Turanshush I think?
>>
>>53278396
hell, we have an example of it with the vostroyans
>>
What kind of cargo would you find on a freighter heading to a warzone?

I'm thinking prefab buildings, building material, food, water, farm animals, weapons, vehicles, medical supplies, stuff for troop morale (USO tour groups?), etc. What else would be onboard?
>>
>>53280385
Fuel and ammo? You seem to have all the basics pretty well covered.
>>
>>53280385
Depending if it counts under troop morale or not, priests and pilgrims.

Maybe a Deathwatch killteam or Inquisitorial group hitching a ride.

Maybe new orders if something happened to astropathic communications.
>>
>>53266177
We died how we lived, calamitously
Currently playing as kriegers which is off to a similar start, last I remember our chimera was burning out near some ruins, with our driver burning out next to it (not for the first time) I was smashing a captured heretic to death with an entrenching tool and the medic was having some serious issues with the supplies he had with him
>>
File: thehorror.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>mfw my homebrew deathwatch chapter is now in the Dark Imperium
>>
>>53281316
My Tabletop/Deathwatch chapter is too. I ended their timeline with them getting invaded by a splinter of the Black Legion known as the Imperium Maleifica (their warlord carved out his own empire of 100~ worlds in his one and only Black Crusade).

I'm thinking it'll end with his death, so I can do a fun little Imperium Malefica civil war campaign, while my chapter finds the time warp of being so close to the Great Rift working in their favor, rebuilding to full strength in very little relative time.

Then, being religious fanatics and seeing their situation (and already being pretty grimdark to start), they flip out and go overstrength so they can carve out their own even-more-oppressive realm to caretake for the true Imperium. But clearly the Great Rift is the truest sign of the Emperor's displeasure at the current state of affairs, and all must repent.
>>
File: Ainsley Harriot Oh Yes.jpg (124KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley Harriot Oh Yes.jpg
124KB, 1001x1001px
>>53281443

>tfw now that Rowboat is back, uniting his chapters, and bringing in the Primaris Marines, it's almost carte blanche to bring back the Principia Bellicosa over the Codex Astartes

I mean, if Daddy G is doing it...
>>
>>53281884
>it's almost carte blanche to bring back the Principia Bellicosa over the Codex Astartes
Why, exactly?
He isn't rebuilding the legions, and the main purposes of the Codex Astartes is a tactical and strategic primer along with insulating space marines from the kind of malign influences they fell to before.
>>
File: Legiones Astartes.jpg (59KB, 605x382px) Image search: [Google]
Legiones Astartes.jpg
59KB, 605x382px
>>53282715

In GS3 a bunch of chapters already declared themselves under his direct command (but they mostly died getting to Terra. Even more are swearing themselves under his command above their own by the end. His troops may follow the Codex, but they're reuniting into a Legion for sure, especially with the Indomitus Crusade kicking into gear.

Then you look at the organization of the Primaris Marines - the basic line guys are identical, while the articles spoke of entire squads of special / heavy weapons, and so on. All we need now is talons of the new Redemptor Dreadnought. The last time something like this was tried was the Principia Bellicosa. It's just on a smaller scale now, 5 man squads instead of 20. Look as well at the new tanks coming out - they have already said that new vehicles would be coming out soon. We already have notes on vehicles like the Sicaran, which Guilliman explicitly invented (with Ferrus's help). So here's the dude who invented these tanks, and you don't think he's gonna bring them back?

I know my own homebrew chapter is kicking the codex to the curb and restarting the Principia Bellicosa. A new crusade needs a new Legion, and there's not enough time to complain.
>>
Is there any real reason to not get a force weapon if you are a psyker?
The bonuses to melee seem strong enough to make even a little bit of reserve cc worthwhile.
>>
>>53280385
Additional servitors, specialists and specialist equipment such as replacement sanctioned psykers after they rolled one too many perils of the warp, a billion copies of the imperial guardsman's uplifting primer, and a series of commissars to replace all the ones fragged by their own troops.
>>
>>53280407
>>53280549
>>53283110
These are all fantastic ideas, thanks! I especially like the more unusual items, stuff that gives the shipping manifest handout a real 40k flavor
>>
>>53283129
If you really need to crib ideas, I would suggest you read the first Ciaphas Cain novel which has a freighter pressed by the imperium into service with a captain who isn't really happy to be transporting guardsmen.
>>
What do khornates think of servoskulls? Would one think of amassing a bunch of them and fly in formation to be a flying throne of skulls?
>>
>>53282821
>A new crusade needs a new Legion, and there's not enough time to complain.

Cue the Guilliman Heresy: Primaris Marine Bogaloo
>>
YO
ROGUE TRADER GM HERE.
PLAYERS HAVE CHOSEN A UNIVERSE CLASS MASS CONVEYER TO BE THEIR FIRST SHIP BECAUSE THEY WANTED A CHALLENGE. PLUS EVERYONE CHOOSES A SPEEDY LITTLE FRIGATE AND THEY'RE FUCKING HIPSTERS I GUESS.

SO, NOW I NEED TO DEVELOP THE PERSONALITY OF THE UNIVERSE'S LARGEST FLYING BRICK.

IT CAME FROM A SPACE HULK AND IT'S STOIC IF THAT HELPS. CAPS LOCK HAS BROKEN APOLOGIES.
>>
>>53282821

Take your fuckin trip off and come back later.
>>
>>53286971
Make it have a personality of one of the Tree People from Tolkens books. Slow, Old, and Wise.

Also maybe the crew will start forming rival gangs in the ship, aka Greasers n Socs for extra drama and conflict.
>>
>>53286971
How are they going to arm it?
>>
>>53287571
>the crew will start forming rival gangs
That's usual in smaller ships. Have you seen the size of that thing. They could fight the battle of Somme in a forgoten cargo bay and the captain would not notice
>>
How would you guys go about running a Chapter Management game via tabletop. My players want a tabletop version of Chapter Master. With the Deathwatch rulebook I can make characters and large scale battles, but I would probably run it like a Rogue Trader game with the free form aspects that it provides.
>>
>>53236882
>A Sororitas question:
>Are there any orders, or would it be possible for there to be an order, that worships the Emperor but most of their rhetoric is about Terra and humanity? Think of your typical god(dess) of civilization priests and what have you. Could a Sororitas order pull that off without moving into heresy?
Reasking since we're we hit bump limit.
>>
>>53287717

probably not, they're hyper religious, and secularism does not fit
>>
>>53287575
IT'S GOT WEAPONS, JUST SHITTY MARS MACROCANNONS THOUGH. LIKE FUCK WAS I GIVING THEM SUNSEARS. THEY WANTED IT HARD, THEY'RE GETTING HARD MODE.

>>53287641
>>53287571
YEAH RIVAL GANGS/KINGDOMS/FIEFDOMS ARE A MUST.

IF YOU GUYS COME UP WITH ANY GANGS/QUIRKS/HISTORIES FOR THIS MOTHER FUCKER CHANCES ARE I'LL INCLUDE IT AS THE SHIP'S BIG ENOUGH TO HOUSE A LOT OF WEIRD SHIT.

JUST MAKE SURE THE IDEA DOESN'T SUCK. IF IT HELPS IT'S CALLED 'THE OZYMANDIAS'.
>>
>>53287913
>THE OZYMANDIAS
>IT CAME FROM A SPACE HULK

Quickrundown:
>Was comissioned by a fucking rich RT in a classical show of"Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair" bravado
>More thrones than brains
>Tried to assault said space hulk by hiring EVERYONE (read as Gary Oldman in Leon: the profesional) in the system
>Of course, something bad happened, lost everyone, lost ship, lost life
>Rescued by the Mechanicus because why not
>Will the new owners be more inteligent than former owner?
>>
>>53265349
Simple mistake to make Anon! But worry not! To the outsider, the difference between an Auto-quill and a Calixian Infantryman's Portable Communications Transcription Device (or CIPCTD for short!) may not be immediately obvious, but we'll get you the help you need and soon you'll be spotting your CIPCTDs from your Auto-quills in no time!
>>
>>53288135
I LIKE IT. WAIT. SO GARY OLDMAN TRIED TO WREST IT FREE FROM THE SPACE HULK WITH ALL HIS COP FRIENDS AFTER TAKING SOME MAGIC PILLS AND SIHT WENT BAD?

OKAY. LET'S DIAL BACK ON LEON A LITTLE BIT. SO HE SENDS A BIG CREW IN TO WRENCH THE FUCKER FREE. SHIT GOES BAD. WHAT KILLED THEM? MUTANTS? GENESTEALERS? SOMETHING COOLER.

FOR SOME BACKGROUND - MORE TRADITIONAL 40K STUFF I THINK IS A BIT LAME. OR AT LEAST, RELYING ON IT ALL THE TIME IS LAME. SO SOMETHING WEIRD KILLING ALL THAT DUDE'S BOYS WOULD WORK.

WARP GHOSTS? SOME FREAKY XENOS? SOME EVERSOR ASSASSIN THAT'S GONE HAYWIRE AND IS KILLING ALL THE DUDES? ROGUE AI/MACHINE SPIRIT? MAD SERVITORS? A STRANGE DISEASE?

LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS. RATE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.
>>
>>53287913
You gotta put Ponyboy in your ship, and the greasers in general. And put a malt shop where they can take their honeys to get milkshakes.

Trust me, it's a wonderful idea.
>>
>>53240035
So...When you hear ancient warrior who's untold years old, fighting against an evil that destroyed his people, wanting to return to the evil's genesis and prevent his people from falling, specializing in melee combat, you don't think Eldar? Any reason why or are you just jerking off to the thought of Tau?
>>
>>53290196
I think it was more, Time Travel + Asian stuff = Samurai Jack.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.