[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 49

"Tastefully Altered" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53180462

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made. We'll know if you're fibbing us, anon.
>>
File: scc.jpg (91KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
scc.jpg
91KB, 357x500px
>>53188490
>"Tastefully Altered"
>>
Anyone else play in a 75% meta/playgroup?
>>
>>53188578
Have you guys ever regretted making a post in 4chans forum?
>>
>>53188510
Is this that infamous FATAL system I've long heard about? Is that red circle her Anal Circumference stat?
>>
>>53188578
craigslist

>>53188593
never, not even once
>>
>>53188578
You must gather 1000 Franklins and submit them as an offering at the traditional summoning grounds in Thailand.
>>
I don't get the Bryan maymay, where do I read up on it?
>>
>>53188593
Some of the shitposting where I keep going and should've stopped but for the most part no.
>>53188490
>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made
Casted Phage(his commander) without having a way to prevent her effect from killing him He did it because he was upset that was being "targeted" by novablast wurm's ability and to deny anyone defeating him
>>
>>53188601
>her
>>
I want a nice Alter of Samut. Something that makes the art match the Naya Aesthetic. Doesn't even need cheesecake, just needs to look better.
>>
File: Arkmunrah.jpg (28KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Arkmunrah.jpg
28KB, 300x400px
>>53188756
>>
>>53188784

Maybe if it was more of a dynamic pose?

Also not a dude.
>>
>>53188838
>Wants better art based off egyptian
>gets what was asked for
>lol no
Then fuck off
>>
>>53188756
>not!Egyptian warrior lady
Something by Houtengeki might fit the bill.
>>
>>53188720
Silly me, how could I be so careless.
>>
>>53188859
>Samut, Voice of Dissent
>Flash
>Double strike, vigilance, haste
>Other creatures you control have haste.
>{W}, {T}: Untap another target creature.
>lul here's Rami Malek from Night at the Museum
>>
>>53189004
Malek is actually egyptian, more than Samut is
>>
File: Smaut.jpg (67KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
Smaut.jpg
67KB, 498x750px
>>53188756
Base it off this.
>>
>>53189004
Stfu ignorant dumbfuck
>>
File: 20170511_172259.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_172259.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>53188490
This will forever be the best alter I've ever gotten
>>
>>53189397
Jesus christ my phone posted that humongous my bad
>>
File: 1420372863835.jpg (31KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1420372863835.jpg
31KB, 413x395px
>>53188578
Best post I've seen all month.
>>
>>53188490
Why the fuck did Seshiro spike? It's a pisspoor spec on Snektits even doing shit in EDH.
>>
File: 378520.crop.hq.jpg (61KB, 421x309px) Image search: [Google]
378520.crop.hq.jpg
61KB, 421x309px
Why are there 2 threads up? Anyways my non 4chan browsing friends wants to know if there's anyway to improve this deck of his

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-and-her-gods/
>>
>>53190009
Someone jumped the gun I guess.
>>
>>53190009
Made a thread before bump limit because people in this general have a habit of letting these generals die and I couldn't babysit the previous thread.

Bump limit is 310 so it wasn't that far off from expiring. Assuming same lost rate it would've been expiring right around now which is when I got back.
>>
File: Commander - Decks.png (1017KB, 892x620px) Image search: [Google]
Commander - Decks.png
1017KB, 892x620px
Post 'em Players!

If you play on MTGO, how did you decks fair?

Only 3 of my decks survived the MTGO banlist. Karametra required no changes since there are no artifacts in the deck. Ashling exchanged Sensei's Divining Top for Scroll Rack; an even trade IMO.

But poor, poor Isamaru. He lost 6 cards; Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Sensei's Divining Top, Humility, and Mishra's Workshop. The fast mana was converted to Chrome Mox, Mox Opal, and Grim Monolith. Sensei's Divining Top became Sigarda's Aid (trying it out), Humility became Torpor Orb (probably the most important function of Humility - the other option is Cursed Totem), and Mishra's Workshop became City of Traitors (trying it out, but should be a fine match with the MLD in the deck). I also swapped a plains for Ancient Den because of Mox Opal. We will see how it goes.
>>
>>53190281
Able to swap Opal for the Sol Rings in my Toshiro and Zegana deck. Toshi required a replacement for Entomb which didn't have a straight swap so I tagged in Phyrexian Obliterator for more rattlesnake. Just plugged a forest into Freyalise. Azami and Nekusar didn't make it.
>>
>>53190333
By Opal I mean Chrome Mox. I always get those confused.
>>
>>53189682
http://www.mtgstocks.com/prints/5432

Its all because of Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons. It should drop down when the hype over her dissipates in a few months.
>>
>>53190403
Why did Seshiro spike before SOI? I can understand the blip in dec '15, because that's when Kaseto was released.
>>
>>53190588
I have no idea. Maybe just a blip.
>>
If I genesis wave a Bane of Progress and Asceticism at the same time and let them both hit play, does Bane eat the Asceticism?
>>
>>53190715
Yes. Both ETB at the same time and then Bane's trigger goes on the stack.
>>
>>53190745
Well at least I get to choose whether I want Bane to FEED or keep my goodies.
>>
I just noticed the wording on Liliana, Death Wielder. You can choose 0 for her +2. I imagine that would have (very little) political power at a table.
>>
>>53191090
I think all planeswalkers that have + loyalty abilities that interact with creatures say "up to" specifically so you can add counters on an empty field.
>>
File: ravos.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ravos.png
124KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/o-u-t-o-f-b-o-d-y/

How do you guys feel about Ravos/Tymna?
>>
>>53188490
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/commander_1v1#online
>the city of blue/green
>>
>>53191665
More interesting than Thrasios/Kydele, more useful than Reyha/Ikra Shidqi, Akri/Bruse Tarl, or Ludevic/Kraum.
>>
>>53188838
>Also not a dude.
He's more beautiful than Shitmut.
>>
>>53191699
Akiri/Bruse is actually legit.
>Hey don't mind me, I'm just playing mana stones here
>lalala
>Oh and don't mind anger or fervor
>Suddenly 40/41 Double Strike, Vigilance, Lifelink, Protection from Green and Black, Protection from Green and Blue
I had Cyclonic Rift but let Akiri kill two other guys because they need to learn to judge a table and not just go by "lol boros can't ever win" memes.
>>
>>53191784
Yeah, it wasn't in order or anything. Then it'd be
>Thrasios/Kydele
>Ravos/Tymna
>Akri/Bruse
>Reyhan/Ikra
>Kraum
>Ludevic
>>
>>53191692

Good thing they got rid of a big way other colors can accelerate!
>>
>>53191784
I have a Boros legendary tribal that I threw them into because of theme, but I find myself using them fucking often. The fact that she's a two cost that holds swords, AND gets a passive buff as well makes her deceptively good.

>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made.

Playing a 4 way game, staring down a fucking barrel, I cloned Bearer of the Heavens with Sakashima, then cloned the Sakashima clone with Phantasmal image to make me sacrifice one. Next upkeep my Stormtide and Dack's Duplicate came off from suspend. How's that for convoluted.
>>
File: thrasios.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
thrasios.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53191831
Anyone else ever think it's strange that Thrasios/Kydele is less popular on edhrec than every other Simic deck (except each partner independently), yet Thrasios/Kydele is probably the second strongest Simic commander? Edric seems like the only deck that's generally better.
>>
>>53192054
Almost like people play this format for fun and not to be super competitive.
>>
>>53192054
General Tazri is also better than any 5c commander other than Scion of the Ur-Dragon, but he doesn't rank very high. The real question - am I autistic enough to make a bracket for the best commander?
>>
>>53192080
I'd be inclined to believe you if Meren, Breya, Oloro, and Prossh weren't in the top 10 most played commanders.
>But those come in Commander product!
So does T/K
>>
>>53192134
autists aren't people
>>
>>53192123
>am I autistic enough to make a bracket for the best commander?
Go for it and I'll be autistic enough to give my input on it.

>>53192080
To be fair, anyone that's 100% competitive and tryhard is probably going to be playing Thrasios + Vial instead of Thrasios + Kydele.
>>
>>53192134
Meren and Breya are good for fun strategies, they just happen to be used by tryhards.
>>
>>53192190
>Thrasios + Vial
More like Thrasios + Tymna for access to W.
>>
File: CommanderPool.png (974KB, 931x592px) Image search: [Google]
CommanderPool.png
974KB, 931x592px
So last thread I noticed I had some people asking for deck lists, sorry for not responding I was out.

Here is all three lists.

>Remove Riff Raff
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/

>The Grass is Greener
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-sisters-of-stone-death/

>The Great Filter
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-blind-seer/

Marchesa is my personal favorite and has had a lot of work done even before uploading it.

Sisters I am more relaxed since I need at least one "fun" deck.

Seer is a more recent creation, I have yet to play him enough to know what changes are to be made.
>>
>>53192190
I'd probably do it as each different color combination, seeding by popularity on EDHrec, take out any general that has 0 decks. Partners would be taken out and judged separately. Then do a round robin with the winner of each bracket.
>>
>>53192134
Meren, Breya, and Prossh are fun commanders that happen to be the best of their colors. Oloro is pubstump tier. Why don't we not omit certain data and look at the other Commanders in top 10 that aren't autist bait, like Atraxa, Hapatra, Nekusar, Gay Hugs, Kaalia, Saskia, etc.

Want further proof of this:
https://edhrec.com/commanders/prossh-skyraider-of-kher

Foodchain is in less than half of the most braindead easy competitive deck in Commander.
>>
>>53192256
>Atraxa
>not autist bait
>>
>>53192256
Fair point anon, I concede
>>
>>53192276
She's not. She's strong as fuck, but look at the other high tier decks and realize that they do things like write scripts to check if they can go infinite based on board state Chain Veil Teferi, or calculate probabilities of their mulligan getting them the exact pieces they need Doomsday Zur.
>>
>>53192190
>To be fair, anyone that's 100% competitive and tryhard is probably going to be playing Thrasios + Vial instead of Thrasios + Kydele

Also to be fair, the Partner cards, and the mechanic as a whole, tanked pretty damn hard with the majority of Commander players.
>>
>>53192432

I don't think the Mechanic tanked so much as the creatures with the Mechanic tanked because of how underwhelming they are.

I guess that means Partner tanked by default, but still.
>>
>>53192432
Yeah, with the majority of commander players. Except for in competitive because with 4 colors to tutor up whatever you need and an infinite mana sink you can win off Thrasios/whoever on T3.
>>
>>53192536
Once people realized the design scheme for the Partner Commanders was generic good ability associated with the colors with an overcosted effect/body the mechanic as a whole was poo-poo'd. Maybe if they want to revisit it in the future they can do something to make the cards actually interesting on their own and interact with each other more synergistically, but I don't foresee it coming back or how they can fix that design issue as a whole.
>>
>>53192554
Which logically loops us right back around to my first reply >>53192080
>>
>>53191090
Death Wielder as a card would have very little power of any sort, political or otherwise, at the table.
>>
>>53192668
Well, if you're playing a Hapatra deck with Blowfly Infestation and / or Crumbling Ashes it could be something for them to think about.

But by itself it is a weak card.
>>
>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made.
Oh man, this was solid gold.
So I'm playing Vish Kal. I've got myself a nice little army building up. I don't remember what the guy on my right was playing, but it was pretty creature-light. On my left was Ishkanah and spiders. He doesn't like where I'm going with my board, but there's not much he can do about it. He topdecks a tutor. He spends a minute looking through his deck, contemplating the options. He makes his choice and then taps out the rest of his mana for it.
Living Death.
I start to chuckle and the guy on my right groans and facepalms. And just when it couldn't get any better, it did.
Ishkanah player: "What? What's wrong? What'd I do?"
Didn't take long to win after that.
>>
>tfw you want to play competitive EDH but it's all just LabMan and you fucking hate LabMan.
>>
>>53188490
>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made. We'll know if you're fibbing us, anon.
>Playing Gisa
>Only blue player at the table is sitting to my left
>Have Gisa with Greaves, Lord of the Undead with Swiftfoot Boots, two tokens and Coat of Arms in play
>Blue Player Kicks Rite of Replication on my Lord of the Undead to "Protect himself".
>Everyone looks at him like this nigga serious?
>Shit eating grin
>Activate Gisa before my turn, get 15 27/27 zombies.
>His shit eating grin is gone

I love when people fail at math.
>>
>>53192979
And I love when people fail at basic rules comprehension.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ill-remain-under-our-antique-sky/

Help me out, here, /edhg/, I feel like I'm just watching my deck do too little and die short of everyone else, which is typically a symptom of too little mana. I'm considering a remedy of 6 guild signets, but I'm not sure what to cut. Right now, I'm feeling:
>Eternity Vessel
>Shrine of Loyal Legions
>Electrostatic Pummeler
>Workshop Assistant
>Sigil of Distinction
>Runed Servitor
Am I selecting which cards to cut correctly, or can someone spot deader weight in my 99?
>>
>>53192134
I actually play Prossh because a friend got me his deck for my birthday; its what got me into Commander in the first place.
>>
>>53193062
Pummeler isn't supported by your deck, it's basically useless.
Shrine of Loyal Legions doesn't fit because you don't have many white spells and not a whole lot of proliferate.
Eternity Vessel... doesn't do anything for you.
Myr Retriever >> Workshop Assistant
Runed Servitor does little for you, and Filigree familiar does its job better.

Sigil of distinction is eh, but you can keep it.

Basically, you can yank all the energy-based stuff and throw in other counter creators.
>>
>>53193024
I'm not misremembering or making it up which means I cheated and my playgroup is more retarded that I thought.
>>
>>53193482
Indirectly.
The big hangup here is the hexproof from Boots.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 847x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 847x1080px
Not long ago I posted a mono black zombie list claiming it was the worst deck I ever bothered to put together. That's true and all, but after a hyper budget ($30) round of updates, I'm not actually humiliated by it any more, except for Death Wielder and Influence. Yeah I know. Those should be Zombie Master and Filth, and an Urborg in the lands. Anyways

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-flowers/
>>
>>53188756
Or you can take her current "Angry Black Woman Yelling at High Velocity" art and make an alter further accentuating it
>>
>>53192979
>Rites
>Shoes
Uh excuse me you can't have both. What's the truth?
>>
File: 1493916166802.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
1493916166802.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>53192432
>tfw only person in two playgroups who loves Partners
>Tymna+Sidar Hatebear Combo
>Ishai+Bruce Voltron Control
>Silas+Reyhan Robots
>Thrasios+Kydele Simic Draw (Kraj deck in disguise)
>Vial Smasher+Kraum hard control
>>
>>53192222
Quads of truth and you earned that foil Prophet. Thanks.
>>
>>53193664
Ishai & Kraum's air show seems like something worth doing
>>
>>53193724
I actually did that. In fact I switch Bruce and Kraum on occation since the only changes needed are like 4 cards that grant double strike. I just like Bruse because he's an infinitely better 'support' partner and opens my deck up for more value.

Seriously, people need to see Partners as "main partner/supporting partner". I always see a common misconception that both partners need to be out for the deck to function. Not true. Hell, Vial Smasher is the supporting partner for Kydele--who you dont even need to play 90% of the time since the decks combos are centered around Kydele. Vial can kill one person with infinite X-spell of any type if the stars align.

Sorry for the sudden tangent but I had to fet that out there
>>
>>53193534
Yes, targeting my LotU was so absurdly dumb I stopped caring and let him have it his way. Now I realize I cheated, and the other players didn't even notice.
>>
>>53193664
I'm really tempted to build Sidar+Ikra as a sort of non-Doran Doran deck but I can't get over how much I wish Ikra had 1 less power.
>>
>>53188490
>Oloro player plays Serra Avatar
>me(Aurelia), Ruric Thar and Wort player just ignore it because lol no trample
>next turn plays Vizkopa guildmage and activates both of it's abilities and attacks me
>if it connects everyone but him will die
>"are you sure you wanna attack me?"
>"yeah, sure"
>*begin tapping lands*
>"wait, no!!"
>deflecting palm
>dead

ended up losing to Ruric but that was still pretty funny
>>
>>53190281
Can you post your list for Gisela?
>>
>>53192054
They're recent and they're not a precon, so it happens.
>>
>>53192054
Thrasios is only good for infinite combos and afaik most EDH groups don't like infinite combos
>>
>>53193062
Are you literally me? I had the same exact problem last night with a similar jank Atraxa build and now i don't know what to cut to put signets in.
Can i get some help too?
I was thinking about cutting Vraska, Lily, maybe black Sorin, maybe the boots and/or greaves and maybe clearwater goblet, however Vraska is one of my sources of removal and Sorin is a potential win condition and is overall pretty strong.
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 364x138px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 364x138px
>>53188756
just draw/shoop the anime shades onto her and she'll look 10x cooler
>>
File: téléchargement.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>53194857
>the anime shades
Where the hell do you think you are?
>>
>>53188562
Yes. Though usually other players' decks are just powerful cards without anything impactful in terms of synergy
>>
Anyone played with Unset or custom cards and commanders before? How'd it go?

I kinda want to play Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire with Zedruu, by the way.
>>
>>53195659
She should have been izzet or jeskai anon, you fuckup.
>>
>>53195689
I didn't make the card, you goober.
>>
>>53191938
30 fucking life is the reason Red and White can't compete, not that they don't get access to Vault, Crypt and Sol Ring which Blue and Green would also have and be better with.
>>
>>53195659
>>53195693
You're back? Fuck off again.
>>
>>53195693
>cumulative end step
>Players skip their end steps
>each player skips their untap step and untaps each tapped permanent and taps each untapped permanent in each of their end steps
>at the beginning of your end step you lose the game unless you pay 3UU
>at the beginning of each of your opponent's end step, that player skips their draw phase, main phase or combat phase this turn

This card is retarded.
>>
>>53192536
it's easy for partners to become too good since we're talking starting with a 9 card hand here. it's reasonable that they were a bit conservative with their designs.
>>
>>53195846
At 8 mana it would be fine.....
>>
>>53195693
>>53195846
Should've just made all upkeep steps happen before the end turn step
>>
File: Amoz Ever-devoted.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amoz Ever-devoted.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>53195793
What's your problem?
>>53195659
my group had a "custom commander night" were i used pic related and it ended up being pretty fun. of course because it was kinda heat of the moment thing none of us could make proper decks around them.
>>
>Tell us about an outstanding play that you or someone in your meta made. We'll know if you're fibbing us, anon.

I don't know if I'd call it an outstanding play, but...

>Prossh vs Bruna vs Aurelia (me)
>Cold War for a few turns until suddenly all three commanders are out and we're slugging. I use some of my RW combat tricks and some politics to get Bruna to kill Prossh.
>Mirror Strike in hand, Aurelia on the field with Purphoros and Bastion Protector, so Aurelia is indestructible.
>Bruna on the field with protection from creatures. I tell Bruna I have Mirror Strike and he believes me, so it's a standoff.
>Continues for several turns while I drop Reconnaissance and Hero of Bladehold and slowly grind Bruna down to 6 life. Hero is exiled before I can finish Bruna off.
>Draw Boros Charm, pass turn.
>Draw Akroan Hoplites. Evil grin,
>Cast Akroan Hoplites and follow with Boros Charm for 4 to the face and win game in the most anticlimactic way possible.

Never thought I'd use the damage option from the charm:
>>
>>53193540
Huh, it looks pretty budget and contains mainly new cards. Gonna steal it
>>
.>>53196097
Boros Charm is insane.
>tfw lost a game against my fiancee when I swung with Sapling equipped with Worldslayer
>>
>>53196097
I smacked some obnoxious stoner beaner to exactly 4 with Archangel Avacyn and friends, and then unequipped Sunforger to grab Boros Charm and finish him off.
>>
File: flip commanders.png (290KB, 447x311px) Image search: [Google]
flip commanders.png
290KB, 447x311px
Any decks for one of these two that will not cost me a kidney? Are they even playable or will I end just with a fancy flipping commander?
>>
>>53196948
Nissa isn't super awful but Chandra is unplayable.
>>
>>53196834
Would you say that he had bean a chore to play against?
Don't sweat it, I'm just kidneyng you
>>
>>53196948
>Chandra is unplayable
Shame, she seems to be something like 3 times cheaper than Nissa
>>
>>53196948
Theres a fucked up red combo that lets you ult most walkers by doing it, but you have to pray to several gods to pull it off
>>
>>53196948
The best flip commander is always going to be Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, because Fuck You, Go Blue. Nissa's okay, Lili and Gideon are a bit underwhelming, Chandra's shit.
>>
>>53197004
flip walker*
>>
>>53197030
Well he isn't wrong with the only added competition being from Kamigawa and EMN.
>>
>>53197037
In that case it only happens to be true because the best one is already banned.
>>
Aside from Boros Charm, what other Boros cards are playable in EDH? By Boros I mean either R/W hybrid or gold cards.
>>
>>53197078
None. Boros a shit.
>>
>>53197037
>tfw you can't play were-MILF tribal
>>
>>53197094
Well I just also remembered Assemble the Legion after my post, so you're wrong.
>>
>>53192222
I like the idea of your seer deck but their is only like 4 spells that actively encourage color manipulation. Surely theres more
>>
>>53197100
>5 mana in worst-ramp colors
>does nothing when it comes into play
>gives you a single dude next turn
>implying you won't be dead before it gets good because of the target it puts on you
Ok, sure, Boros is the best.
>>
>>53197129
There are quite a few, check edhrec.
>>
>>53197078
Master Warcraft, Gisela, Aurelia, Legions Initiative, Archangel Avacyn, Deflecting Palm
>>
>>53197078
sunforger
>>
>>53197136
Try it in Queen Marchesa
>>
>>53197267
Why would I play the worst tri-color combination?
>>
>>53197290
>worst
>anything but Jeskai or Naya
>>
>>53197299
Sultai>all
>>
>>53197308
Nobody asked for sultaifags
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (140KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
140KB, 223x310px
>>53197136
You're missing the point. What type of card is it? Enchantment, right? What doesn't hit enchantments?
>>
>>53197299
>no blue
>no green
Yeah, Mardu is reaal good.

>>53197340
>15 mana "combo"
lmao
>>
File: obliterate.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
obliterate.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>53197359
Oh, some child is posting.

Well, carry on, oh paragon of virtue. Surely the autistic losers who dwell in this place know nothing of cardboard. It's not like Assemble the Legion isn't the second best wincon for a boros MLD deck after Darietti or anything.
>>
>>53197389
Oh, someone's projecting.

I play Reaper King, lands are far from sacred to me.
>>
File: 1491402015825.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1491402015825.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
>>53197421
That has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>53197421
>plays Reaper King
>why play Mardu? It's too weak and casual
>>
>>53197473
it's a casual format
>>
File: nurse joy shitposting.gif (617KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nurse joy shitposting.gif
617KB, 500x375px
So I'm in the process of building Tasigur for a semi-competitive meta and I don't want to use Labman and got a $200 budget for it, what are some key cards for it? Don't have a list for now since its still a WiP
>>
>>53197500
Yes exactly. So why say that certain colors are shit and unplayable in a casual environment? I can understand some competitive EDH snob saying that Boris/Mardu is bad, but it makes no sense in a casual setting.
>>
>>53197527
it's because spiky tryhards think they're hot shit.
>>
>>53197129
The deck has a few cards that are color based that the commander enables.
>Blue Elemental Blast
>Hibernation
>Hydroblast
>Sword of Feast and Famine
>Invoke Prejudice
>Douse
>Tidal Control
>Wash Out
>Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

The deck is roughly just out of the gate so I have been experimenting with more color effects. New cards should be coming in soon.
>>
>>53197473
>5c control is worse than anything mardu
lmao
>>
>>53197523
It depends on what you want to do with the deck. Tasigur is pretty vesitile as far as strategies go.
Fetchlands are very useful with him any build of him though
>>
>>53197618
I want to build it psuedo control but also be on the offensive when needed, should've mentioned I have 2 fetchlands to spare for the deck and the 3 useable shocklands
>>
>>53197640
buy the blue black manland, a true name nemesis and some swords that are pro your meta.
>>
>>53197078
boros is garbage
>>
File: hapatra.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
hapatra.png
134KB, 223x311px
i use her in an infect deck right?
>>
>>53197752
you can
>>
File: index.jpg (228KB, 669x622px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
228KB, 669x622px
R8
>>
>>53197760
Abzan Ascendancy does not do what you think it does.
>>
>>53197760
Yes anon, that's how Ghave works. Good job.
>>
>>53197785
what sac wolf to ashnod get spirit undying remove counter with ghave get sapp repeat
>>
File: 1491903049281.jpg (80KB, 1084x762px) Image search: [Google]
1491903049281.jpg
80KB, 1084x762px
Reminder that if you have ever just copied an EDH deck off of a website you're the reason the world is burning.
>>
>>53196948
Dual Casting is pretty fun on flip chandra. Don't ever actually flip her though.
>>
>>53198048
that's a pretty good graph
>>
>>53197681
Your opinion is garbage
>>
>>53197179
Master warcraft honestly sucks, since everyone will just choose to attack you with the creatures you select.
>>
What are some wincons for Brago that aren't Strionic Resonator infinites or Static Orb/Winter Orb stax? Wincons for a 75% Brago deck?
>>
>>53197760
Why are beetle and ascendancy there? You already have an infinite combo without them.
>>
>>53198391
thats just the kind of shit in the deck its commander aristocrats its just my favorite type of deck
>>
>>53188490
A friend of mine altered my Surrak to match my snow covered mountains. One of the best Christmas presents ever.
>>
>>53198526
>>
>>53197527
RW is competitive in Duel.
>>
>>53197037
>Kamigawa legends
>not double tap commanders
>Moon legends
>not trans-form commanders
>>
>>53198048
Does this mean by playing Newzuri despite never looking up stuff for him, that I am the problem?
>>
>>53198048
Do people actually just netdeck EDH decks? I imagine most people just look at EDHrec or somewhere, find the obvious staples, then add whatever other cards they want to.
>>
Is there some sort of collective site where you can send in your cards for alters?
>>
>>53197595
That's a factual statement though. 5c control isn't even a real deck, while there have been numerous WBR control, midrange and aggro decks in Magic.
>>
>>53198815
>5c control isn't even a real deck
Vivid Control from Lorwin times? Pretty sure that was a deck.
>>
>>53198865
This is /EDHg/ fuck off to standard general, dumb tripfag
>>
>>53198784
Probably etsy. Just find an artist who does alters you like on there and see if they take commissions
>>
>>53198888
He said "in Magic", he wasn't limiting to archetypes that exist/existed on EDH, idiot.
>>
>>53198905
So what? Then he's just as wrong as you. Go and trip on your laces
>>
>>53198930
Just ignore the tripfag, he offers almost nothing to these threads anyways
>>
Does Mimeoplasm's copy ability work with leaving the battlefield/dying/going to the graveyard effects like Protean Hulk?
>>
sup guys, thinking building a new deck (i have a boros gisela/aurelia deck), thinking about couple niche generals and this is what i filtered

>Nekusar
>Vial Smasher Combination (Either Vial/Iqra Jund Control or Vial/Ludevic burn)
>Jazal token wide (with a lot of new token goods on white)
>Phenax/Mirko Vosk/Wrexial Dimir Mill
>Surrak good stuffs
>Atraxa Superfriends

gladly take any recomendations
>>
>>53199426
>Atraxa
>Nekusar
>niche

You might want to look up what niche means. That said dimir mill usually ends up pretty boring, same for Nekusar builds in general, superfriends is fun the first 2-3 times you play it then becomes pretty dull too.
Vial Smasher is tons of fun, Surrak is also pretty fun if you have a big timmy inside.
>>
>>53199426
I'm a big fan of Doran for Wall tribal, or Sapling of Colfenor for Treefolk Tribal.
>>
>>53199395
Usually yes. The only time it doesn't is if there's an additional effect like exiling the card when it dies (e.g. Greenwarden).
>>
>>53197078

In addition to what everyone else said, I get a good amount of work from Boros Reckoner. Iroas is solid, and Wear // Tear is good.

I also like Aurelia's Fury since it lets me tap down enemy creatures before I swing, but it's not for everyone.
>>
>>53197681

Any faggot can make a UG deck, crafting a Boros deck takes skill and finesse.
>>
>>53197078

deflecting palm, orin's thunder and aurelia's fury is nice instants
>>
>>53199535
And would that work if it's your commander as well, or is that a separate thing?
>>
>>53199492

oh i was wrong then, probably should just say commonly playted but again niche is a great word XD

any good vial smasher combination recomendation?
>>
File: 1494449458597.gif (2MB, 370x335px) Image search: [Google]
1494449458597.gif
2MB, 370x335px
>>53199659
>XD

Not him but Vial Smasher is strong enough to be played without a partner, best partner I found to pair het with is Silas Renn for Grixis artifact/control or in the 99 of Kaervek/Rakdos
>>
>>53199623
You have to actually send your commander to the graveyard instead of the command zone if you want to trigger the "dies" ability.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Anyone can recommend two balanced commanders for 1vs1 games? Thought about Iroas and Keranos
>>
>>53199858
Still worth it to win.
>>
>>53199878
Try checking out the old commander vs videos with Mcdarby and West. They usually had reasonable lists to matchup.
>>
>>53194014
Here you go, friend-o.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-is-the-stax-iest/
>>
>>53199939
I miss those guys. They actually seemed like they enjoyed playing the game
>>
>>53198729
I work at a card store and can confirm that yes, people do just netdeck EDH decks. I've had people hand me an EDH decklist taken from TappedOut and ask me what cards I had from it. This has happened more than a few times.
>>
>>53200245
Are you sure it's not their deck list, stored on tappedout? I do that pretty frequently.
>>
>>53199659
Vial Smasher + Silas Renn with all the affinity stuff you can find is a pretty good partner combination since your free affinity spells still do a ton of damage, also put in all the free spells like FoW (not necessarily FoW since it's pretty expensive) or spells with a way to play them for cheaper like miracles
>>
File: 217.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
How many lands should I run in my Angry Omnath? I feel 30 is too low, what should I cut?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waiting-for-the-elementals/

no bully pls
>>
File: 1391105850782.gif (2MB, 319x293px) Image search: [Google]
1391105850782.gif
2MB, 319x293px
Would you rather see a planeswalker commanders comeback in C17 or maybe something brand new?
>>
>>53200346
36-38 is the average number of lands you should run in any edh deck. As for Angry Omnath, you could probably run 38-40 and you'd be set.
>>
>>53200352
I am up for more planeswalker commanders. I really liked Daretti, and Nahiri.

I sincerely doubt that is coming back with C17 being tribal.
>>
What kind of deck would play the most like Modern Living End? I was thinking about building a deck around Cycling, and I'm thinking either Tasigur or Sedris at this point.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>53200550
Sidisi maybe? Self-mill to fill yard and create zombie blockers while you wait to tutor or draw your mass reanimation spell. And in BUG you gain card draw and some neat cycling support.
>>
Should LabMan be banned?
>>
>>53200346

throw in a zuran orb and sylvan safekeeper to combo with splendid reclamation for mad value. you might consider valakut as well
>>
>>53200665
>All of the top tier competitive decks are LabMan wins
Yes.
>>
I need cards like Brainstorm, that put cards from my hand back in my deck. They don't need to be on top.
>>
>>53200793
scroll rack does this, but it doesn't give you card advantage like brainstorm.
>>
>>53200793
Day's Undoing
Time Reversal
Temporal Cascade
Time Spiral
Whirlpool Drake
Whirlpool Rider
Whirlpool Warrior
>>
>>53200818
That's okay. I just need to be able to put combo pieces back into my deck for Protean Hulk.
>>53200845
Thanks.
>>
>>53200793
dream cache
>>
>>53199426
Vial and Kraum, I have a friend that plays this and you just dump out damage with vial while getting access to control spells. I've also seen him win multiple times with commander damage from Kraum. Ludevic is honestly not as good when he's compared to Kraum.
>>
What are some cards that ETB spread counters on everything or trigger spread on everything?
Something like Ridgescale tUsker
>>
File: cavern-of-souls.jpg (663KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
cavern-of-souls.jpg
663KB, 744x1039px
Anyone want to hit me with some secret tech or obvious cuts I can make from this prospective Ayli deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-clerical-errors/

Obviously it's over 100 cards right now, but that's because I can't figure out which lands are a sure cut, and what creatures I should run. I think I'm investing too hard into Cleric tribal, so what's some B/W goodstuff I can jam in for potential wincons.
>>
>>53201015
Wow anon I think this is the first time I've told someone they have too many lands. You could cut it down to somewhere under 40.
As for wincons, you can stay on the cleric theme with Daru Spiritualist and an enabler to give him infinite toughness like Lightning Greaves and Shaman En-Kor.
>>
>>53196996
Maybe these statements are connected some how.
>>
>>53200936
Since you mentioned Tusker you probably already have Durable Handicraft in your list, right? There's Decree of Savagery if you have all that mana, Fangren Firstborn for attackers. What colors are you playing exactly?
>>
I've got a serious lack of any red or white in my decks at the moment and I'd like to hear what red and/or white decks you guys play for ideas. They can be any color as long as red, white, or both are included. I'm leaning toward Zedruu right now for a more political deck but I'm open to suggestions. Wort is also on my mind.
>>
>>53201116
im in mono green and yes I do have durable handicraft.
I also have animation module but I'm not sure if I want to keep it in
>>
>>53201094
Do you think Sin Collector has a place in the deck? Entomber Exarch basically does the same thing while being more versatile and I'm on the fence about running singular player hand hate. Also yeah totally missed the Shaman En-Kor interaction with Daru Spiritualist.
>>
>>53201094
Oh wait I misread and you actually want to cut lands. Cut Emeria, Crypt, and maybe Cabal Coffers since these are all pretty difficult to get online. Then just cut some basics
>>
>>53201140
>needs to be RW
>thinking about Wort
What did he mean by this?
Queen Marchesa and Mayael the Anime.
>>
>>53201151
Rishkar?

Anyway I thnik Nissa, Voice of Zendikar is the only other card that buffs all your team, besides that there's Titania's Boon and various cards that put another +1/+1 if the critter already had one.
>>
>>53201188
I said red and/or white, not necessarily both.
>>
>>53201166
The exarch is a much better option. Sin Collector only hits instants and sorceries, plus it loses a lot of effectiveness in multiplayer
>>
File: Image (8).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (8).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Cards that should be unbanned, I'll start.
>>
>>53200665
No. Why? Because tryhards abuse him? This format isn't and will never be balanced for the autistic few that take it that seriously.
>>
File: Black Braids.jpg (47KB, 389x314px) Image search: [Google]
Black Braids.jpg
47KB, 389x314px
>>53201279
Bring back the "Banned as Commander" list.
>>
File: How about no anon.png (140KB, 1440x319px) Image search: [Google]
How about no anon.png
140KB, 1440x319px
>>53201279
How about we talk about anons that shouldn't post? I'll start.
>>
>>53201279
>Turn 1 Burgeoning
>Turn 2 Limited Resources
Now nowbody else gets to play magic!
>>
File: InstantRegret.png (12KB, 949x179px) Image search: [Google]
InstantRegret.png
12KB, 949x179px
>>53201318
I'll go next.
>>
>>53200352
Nah, I want more Tribal support for weaker tribes. Maybe just go all-out and do crazy shit like multicolored Eldrazi tribal, Construct/Assembly-Worker tribal, Class tribal, Mutants, Horrors, maybe even a proper Werewolf Tribal commander
>>
>>53201336
no ragrets
>>
>>53201322
Aren't there tons of other two card combos that are just as gay that aren't banned?
>>
>>53201429
You mean like Flash Hulk? Yes!
>>
>>53201429
At least most other combos win the game rather than slowly dragging it out unless everyone concedes.
>>
>>53201015
Daru Spiritualist + Shaman en-Kor / Lightning Greaves + Ayli / Starlit Sanctum / Disciple of Griselbrand = Infinite Life

Heliod, Hanweir Militia Captain and Wsetvale Abby create cleric tokens, which go well with Battletide Alchemist and Rotlung Reanimator. However, Heliod could be too mana intensive.

Rotlung Reanimator + Conspiracy + Sac Outlet = Infinite Recursion. Since your commander is a sac outlet you might want to give this a try.

Urza's Incubator makes your clerics cheap. Urza's Incubator + Edgewalker makes many of your clerics free. It might not be worth it, so you should test with a proxy before buying it.

Monarch is a fun mechanic, so Custodi Lich might be worth an include.

You need more card draw. Some synergistic cards include Harvester of Souls and Dark Prophecy because you'll be sacrificing a lot of creatures.
For non-situational draw use Erebos, because he's on-flavor considering all the clerics.
Skull Clamp is essential. Definitely get it.

Just so you know, you can sac Fiend Hunter before its ETB trigger resolves, meaning the creature it exiles stays exiled forever.

Cleric goodstuff:
>Orchov Pontif
>Weathered Wayfarer
>Academy Rector
>the Soul Sisters

List of Orzhov goodstuf:
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/wb/
Most Orzhov commanders synergize with each other really well.

Alyi good tech:
>Angelic Accord
>Proper Burial (flavorful is you're sticking with cleric theme)
>Grey Merchant of the Asphodel
>Kokusho, the Evening Star
>Pyrexian Processor
>Gift of Immortality
>Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker (good with walls)
>Nyx-Fleece Ram

and everything that makes tokens when they die:
>Wurmcoil Engine
>Hangarback Walker

You might also want to look at reanimation and pillowfort subthemes.
Also Grave Pact and Dictate or Erebos are definitely worth it if you regularly find yourself with lots of tokens.
>>
I can't decide what to cut

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riku-needs-cuts/

I don't want to cut the shapeshifter tribal, at least. I'm guessing people will tell me to abandon the "borrow creatures and kill them with the legend rule because of clones" plan.
>>
>>53200352
I'm thinking it'd be perfect for them to slip "Nicol Bolas, Archenemy can be your commander" onto the Archenemy version of Bolas.
>>
>>53201369
We've already gotten Eldrazi, Angels, Demons, Elves, Goblins, Knights, and Dragons in Duel Decks, and Slivers in a Premium Deck. Not to mention they probably wouldn't do Slivers since they barely managed to scrape together mana for four color decks.

They like to use these kinds of things to fill obvious holes, like adding a bunch of Wedge creatures, four-color creatures, and Planeswalker commanders, so I wouldn't expect them to hit up the cookie-cutter obvious ones to start with. They said they were going after "popular" ones, so it would make sense for it to be well-liked, but under supported tribes.

Keeping that in mind, I think some likely candidates are:
>Cats
>Giants
>Humans
>Minotaurs
>Snakes
>Soldiers
>Spirits
>Werewolves
>>
>>53201649
But if my deck is built to run without lands and I win the game that way then it was fair game yeah? Why should the card be banned when it does the same shit as a lot of stax and land destruction that isn't banned do?
>>
>>53201905
>Giants
Oh god the potential for a clusterfuck if one of the decks ends up being Giant tribal is imense. RW with little to no ramp and just huge creatures.

Also you forgot Elementals, that's a well-liked tribe that wasn't featured yet on a deck, and they have potential to reprint a lot of goodstuff.
>>
>>53201943
>but what if magical christmasland hypothetical?
>isn't that the same as completely different established archetype?
No, and you're dumb for thinking so.
>>
File: kalmne.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
kalmne.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53201985
>Oh god the potential for a clusterfuck if one of the decks ends up being Giant tribal is imense. RW with little to no ramp and just huge creatures.
Where have I seen this before?
>>
>>53201988
That was one of the worst arguments ever grats.

You think decks can't work without lands? I've seen Daretti decks shit on the entire board without lands. I've seen Akiri decks shit on an entire board without lands. Mana rocks are a thing, you dork.
>>
>>53201905
I'm really hoping for Knights. People love knights and they already have some tribal synergy.
>>
>>53202023
Exactly what I though when I typed that. The tribe needs some sort of in-type cost reducer for Giant spells, and reprints of shit like Urza's Incubator >inb4 it's on the reserved list or some shit like that
>>
>>53202059
>it was reprinted on C15
Ignore me on that spoiled part but yeah, ramp ramp RAMP for Giants.
>>
>>53188490
Been looking to get back into Magic after the shitshow that was Tarkir made me quit, mostly because the reveal of white Parallel Lives in Amonkhet for my Pheldagriff token duplicator deck

As for the thread question

>three players, me with Hippo tokens, Sharuum reanimator and Nicol Bolas dragons
>Sharuum cheats out Mycosynth Lattice, Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk
>counter war between all three to shut down the disk, Sharuum ends up winning
>tries to pop it with a full board
>Bolas guy ready to scoop
>tap all my mana
>step 1 - revoke existence on darksteel forge
>step 2 - tap rhys the redeemed for his 6 mana ability
>step 3 - Rootborn Defenses
>step 4 - Cackling Counterpart on sharuumguy's Sphinx of the Steel Wind he was looking to swing with for game
>this with a parallel lives that survived the counter and removal war
>Sharuum blows up his own board and I have a small army of tokens including tons of copies of Sphinx of the Steel Wind
>he scoops
That's all I can think of that's not Triskelion/evil Mikaeus infinites
>>
>>53202029
It wasn't an argument, it was a statement of fact. The sky is blue, water is wet, and you're dumb. This is objectively available information and doesn't require an opinion.

Now, show me ONE half-decwnt edh deck that doesn't run a single land. Go on, I'll wait.
>>
File: 419wNtlgj3L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (25KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
419wNtlgj3L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
25KB, 350x350px
Alright so I am dying to build a deck around this card. I need proliferate, extra coin flips, shit like that. Obviously Krark's Thumb and contagion engine etc, but what commander would be best in your opinion? I wish I could run Atraxa but I can't. I'm thinking lots of card draw to get to my proliferate cards and goblin bomb type shit faster? I don't know, give me some advice folks.
>>
>>53202096
Nigger are you literally retarded? "Can run without lands out" is not the same as "Can run without lands" lmao. Fuck you're so dumb if you are actually pretending that there's a single human on this planet who is going to argue that you can run a 0 land EDH deck.
>>
>>53202085
But anon, Revoke Existence is a sorcery and Cackling Counterpart can only copy your creatures
>>
>>53202103
Def needs Temur colors at least.
>>
>>53201905
I'm hoping for esper zombies. Right now the commander for my esper zombie deck is Ertai, but it would be nice to have a proper zombie legend in those colors.
>>
>>53201985
Elementals has the same problem as Slivers. They dip into every color, so you're either making a five color deck, or you're going to have to exclude a bunch of them.
>>
>>53202392
Lorwin elementals were basically RGb for most of the time, they could go with those colors.
>>
>>53202415
I am not the same anon, but elementals already have plenty of tribal support.

In fact they already have an amazing 5color commander.

I would really kill for some tribes that exist, but have little synergy.
>>
>>53201848
This would be 10/10. Commander Bolas could be amazing.
>>
Do you think Planeswalker commanders, Partner commanders and 4 color commanders were all pretty unnecessary?
>>
File: aetherflux_reservoir.jpg (42KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
aetherflux_reservoir.jpg
42KB, 255x361px
Fuck this card and whatever retard that designed it.
>>
>>53202706

Precon decks were a mistake
>>
>>53202706
>Planeswalker Commanders
Yes.
>Partner Commanders
Yes.
>4 Color Commanders
No.
>>
>>53202706
>Planeswalker
No, they offer new design space and seem to be perfectly balancaed

>4 color
Nope, as there was no legal 4 color commanders before, and the ones they made are pretty unique and fun.

>partners
probably, having 2 commanders means you have 9 card hands, which can be really tricky to balance and I think that shows in how weak some partners are, while others are incredibly strong.

Compare Tana to Thrasios.

Honestly the extra commanders, should have all been 1-3 colored costs, with colored activated abilities.
>>
>>53202927

Thrasios is just as bad as tana when used as designed
>>
>>53202973
What does that even mean?

Thrasios was designed with a generic mana cost that draws you a card. Colorless mana is by far the easiest to go infinite with, and leads to infinite card draw.

Are you saying he wasn't designed with going infinite?
>>
>>53203121
>WOTC acknowledging and designing around infinite combos
>>
>>53202755
Why don't you just run more countermagic in your league of Timmies?
>>
File: Image1.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>He plays Sheoldred in his "casual edh" deck and isn't ready for the land destruction
>>
>>53203213
Since when is Sheoldred not casual fodder?
>>
>>53203213
scarred puma poster go away plz.
>>
>>53203241
>>53203259
Found the Bryans
>>
>>53203209
Aetherflux is a Johnny card.
>>
What are some of the best counters to abuse with proliferate?
>>
How does /edh/ feel about using the same cards in more than one deck between uses? I want to build a second deck that uses a few of the same cards in my current deck and I don't want to have to buy the cards again
>>
>>53203309
Magistrate's Scepter.
>>
>>53203313
As long as you can swap them over quickly enough that it's not a half hour waiting for you between each match.
>>
>>53203313
not a problem, they are your cards after all.

As long as you arent spending like 10+mins remaking a deck every time you switch.
>>
>>53203313
I buy repeat cards just so I won't have to switch sleeves, but if that doesn't bother you more power to you I say
>>
>>53203313
Depends what it is. I'm not going to insist you buy a Mana Crypt for every one of your decks but you can shell out the few dollars for an extra Sol Ring if it means you're not resleeving your whole deck after every game.
>>
I'm rebuilding my Prossh deck (focused for 1v1, not french) and I am looking for things to replace my Disciple of Bolas with, since food chain is out because of the new banlist (the MOL one). I've grown an interest on Emrakul Evangel and Descent of the Dragons, I'm more inclined to use the Evangel in place of the Disciple, but the evasion on the dragon tokens seems pretty goat.
>>
Didn't find it in the OP

Is there any news about commander 2017? What tribes and shit?
>>
>>53203209
Because I don't play blue.
>>
>>53203594
Nothing so far, just info on the Anthology decks.
>>
>>53203313
There is literally nothing wrong with using the same cards in multiple decks.
>use same colored sleeves for all cards
>keep the cards that share decks in a separate folder
>use proxies in the decks
>swap between proxies and real cards from the folder as you play them
Easy and simple. It doesn't even waste any time because you can just swap the proxies for the real cards during your opponents turns.
>>
>>53203626
Something like this is perfectly acceptable. Hell it's basically what you're supposed to do with flip cards anyway.
>>
>>53200346
I run 42 in my Omnath deck.

Need a lot of basics to fuel the ramp spells.
>>
>>53203589
Fresh Meat: a cheaper Descent of the Dragons (assuming you have a sac outlet and you should) at instant speed that doesn't destroy your board
>>
>>53203313
I do it, two of my decks share something like 30 cards and it usually takes no more than 2 minutes to swap between them
>>
>>53198325
>not making their combo/utility pieces attack
>attacking the player with vigilent first/double strikers

alternatively

>'none of your creatures block this turn'
>>
Any suggestions or sample decks for bant Jenara, Asura of War? I guess its obviously counter based but I'd like suggestions.
>>
>>53203895
I always have either Seer or Ashnod's out. Also, Eldritch Evolution is it worth running? (Still don't have Craterhoof Behemoth, need it desperately).
>>
>>53204018
Seeborn Muse style control seems pretty effective with her
>>
>>53200497
>>53200700
>>53203844
Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
File: splendid.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
splendid.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>53201279

>sac lands
>play pic related
>>
>>53203313
Most people around here, if they're using a card in multiple decks, just put a card in a sleeve backwards and write the name of the card they're putting in on a piece of paper and put it in the sleeve.
>>
>>53204018
Gleam of Authority
>>
>>53203313
I never move cards between decks, and the only proxies I use are Collectors Editions of cards I already own.

Mostly I just get a seperate copy for each deck if I want to play it, or just accept that I can't play it in that deck.

I have four Gaea's Cradles now.
>>
>>53204652
>I have four Gaea's Cradles now.
u wot
>>
>>53204141
It's fine, i personally run Natural Order since i have one lying around and it's just the better version of evolution.
>>
>>53204771
And four crypts, mana drains, force of wills, probably 100 fetchlands, +30 duals, and other assorted cards worth probably more than $30,000. I sure hope the MtG market doesn't crash.
>>
>>53202755
This card is durdle as fuck and I love controlling players with the nuclear option. Stay mad at bad cards.
>>
>>53201790
Wow! Thank you for the in depth message Anon! I'll take a look at a lot of this! I know it's generally right to go about 75% when it comes to sticking to a theme so I'll be looking to cut some of the more redundant or non-essential clerics to fit many of these in. Again, thank you!
>>
>>53201848
Is it confirmed that the Archenemy version of Bolas will be a planeswalker?
>>
>>53204821
Nothing against you in particular, but I hope your house burns down
>>
File: edhdicks.jpg (203KB, 962x474px) Image search: [Google]
edhdicks.jpg
203KB, 962x474px
My current setup, was thinking of making Xeny into 3 colors, but cannot decide which (Why jund doesn't have anything interesting).

Any budgetish options for Newzilek or something fun in temur(except animar)/bant? As for a theme pretty much anything goes, dragons, worms, cute traps, would prefer something not exactly dependant/focused around on the commander, but wouldn't be bad if it had overall synergy with it.
>>
>>53205275
post karador plox
>>
>>53205256
I use all the cards though, not a collector or anything
>>
>>53205357
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/typical-karador-reanimator/
bit outdated- few cards are wrong like Mom, I'll update it to current status tomorrow
>>
>>53205373
It's not for any reason like that, there's just something about "I have more than $30,000 worth of cardboard in my house" that gives me nasty thoughts
>>
Who is playing red control? Im building my hazoret the pervert deck and its gunna be a blast.
>>
>>53198325
You have a critical misunderstanding of how Master Warcraft is meant to be used.
>>
>>53205420
thanks buddo
>>
>>53205472

How does your deck work?
>>
Do Devoted Druid + Concordant Crossroads/Lighting Greaves + Dirty Mike combo? Something about +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters removing each other.
>>
>>53197078

Duergar hedge mage is pretty awesome
>>
>>53205531
Blood moons, Rituals, Ld, wither, a few discarding tech items like null brooch, worldslayer, and my playgroup allows mono decks to use hybrid costs if they dont have other color identities so i can play cards like fulminator mage.
>>
>>53205587
Yes it works, infinite green mana (main phase only with Lightning Greaves)
>>
>>53205587

Obviously you need a a sac outlet there too, but yes it does

Devoted druid comes back with undying, uses its ability to put a minus counter on itself, negating the Mike counter, then you can sac it to restart
>>
>>53205670

Wait I'm stupid, no sac outlet needed, druid can suicide
>>
Hey, which are some great haste enablers for multiple creatures in Jund?
>>
>>53206027
Urabrask if just yours, Concordant Crossroads for everyone. There are a few goblins who give all other goblins haste off the top of my head
>>
>>53206027
Concordant Crossroads, Fires of Yavimaya.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
After taking some feedback from within this thread and a few friends, I've managed to cut my Ayli cleric deck down to this. I'm sitting on stripping my Erebos from another deck to add to this, but otherwise I'm 4 cards short of the deck, any last cuts you guys think I can afford to make?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-clerical-errors/
>>
>>53206097
remove:

Rotlung Reanimator
Entomber Exarch
Doubtless One
>>
>>53206195
I agree with Rotlung, but Entomber does provide light recursion or hand hate which is fairly versatile for its cost, and doubtless one seems excessively good to slam onto a board of Clerics, or being put out after a big patriarch's bidding or Living Death.
>>
>>53206224
They're all bad cards, you just need to decide how many bad cards you want to run.
>>
>>53206224
>4 mana hand hate or 4 mana pick up 1 guy from graveyard

no, it's inefficient, drop it.

doubless one is a 1/1 for 4 mana.
>>
>>53206312
I guess you're right about Doubtless One.
>>53206318
And I think you're right too about Doubtless One, I'm looking into boardstates that I can't be certain I'll actually have.
>>
>>53206335
don't look at card in a magical christmas land way, look at cards in a vacuum
>>
File: giphy.gif (529KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
529KB, 500x206px
>He has a deck with a Theros block God as the commander.
>>
>>53206318
Entomber is slightly less efficient than Eternal and interacts tribal synergies. He's fine keeping it.
>>
File: 1479981974633.jpg (131KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1479981974633.jpg
131KB, 485x458px
>>53206474
>Is flustered by a card but can't remember it's name
>>
File: BRYAN.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
BRYAN.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>53206518
BRYAN
>>
File: electronbeam01.jpg (57KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
electronbeam01.jpg
57KB, 500x263px
>>53206535
Don't cross the memes
>>
>>53206621
I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
File: 1487328694667.jpg (63KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
1487328694667.jpg
63KB, 620x515px
>>53206653
that pasta never gets old

Unrelated: Is Rafiq still good for voltron or did he got overshadowed by something else that's more FUN
>>
So, I just played a "Friendly League" on 1v1 commander

Not friendly at all

Winter Orb. Leovold.

All try hards with infinite combo and a lot of counters
>>
>>53206772
Rafiq is still great.
>>
>>53206797
Its a fucking league.
>>
>>53206772
Rafiq is really good still, its why people dont play him that often.
>>
>>53206797
Stop playing 1v1 formats where banned cards are legal.
>>
>>53206474
>his commander's original printing is from planechase/conspiracy/commander products
Maximum pleb
>>
>>53206772
Voltron is a shitty archetype
Voltron commander without hexproof or haste is kind of shitty
If you can get past those points, Rafiq is a very powerful voltron commander
>>
>>53206797
Leovold is easy to face on 1v1, I dare you facing Oloro with fucking strip mine locks.
>>
>>53207200
>his commander doesnt have a judge promo
>>
>>53207222
It's for more relaxed games, if I'd be going into voltron seriously then I'd use old Sigarda. Also my lgs has poor threat assigment since they do whatever to drag the game (more fun for everyone!) unless it's specifically me playing combo, then I'm suddenly playing archenemy
>>
>>53207222
Rafiq has gotten nothing but upgrades since he fell out of popularity. Hes got 5 flash enablers for everything that gives him hexproof. You can swing at somebody and flash on two boots and a whispersilk cloak all in response to removal, they wouldnt all stick but it shouldnt he hard to protect rafiq in the current edh meta.
>>
>>53207334
Voltron is like the opposite of relaxed, you're going to punch one guy to death so that he can't play for another hour and then everyone else will have caught up in tempo to control you to durdletown
>>
>>53207222
>>53207334
My problem with using him for relaxed games is that you typically want those to last a while and be drama free.

Rafiq voltron is the opposite of relaxing, he will likely kill one player really fast. Then everyone else in rapid succession unless he is stopped, in which case the game can last for much longer.
It's a race against the clock, you need to kill people as fast as possible before they can stop you, and other players won't know if you will kill them first or not, so they treat you as the biggest threat.
>>
>>53207404
>>53207424
As mentioned in >>53207334 they have really poor threat assigment, it was often me stopping voltrons with shards/sacs since they would do nothing about them and let Akiri/Sram run wild trying to kill everyone else (or me if combo)
>>
>>53205474
Enlighten me nugman.
>>
>>53207477
Voltron is really bad though.
>>
>tfw you figure out your first tech by yourself
>>
>>53207737
>tfw you turned sorrows path into a wincon.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>53208000
>>53208000
>>53208000
>>
>>53202124
>implying I literally haven't teched up a manaless dredge deck
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.