[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG STANDARD GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 52

File: Image (2).png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
130KB, 223x311px
Pro Tour Amonkhet edition

how many mardu decks in top 8 this weekend?

my guess: 4 mardu, 2 marvel, 1 blue control, 1 other
>>
>>53170267
5 Mardu, 1 snek, 1 mahvel, 1 blue based control. all three bad decks get BTFO in quarters.
wizards bans Gideon at the next ban list, then is told to unban it and ban heart of Kiran by Hasbro the Monday after.
>>
>>53170267
Why is Marvel even allowed? Shit is the most unreasonable thing in standard, at least felidar guardian died to removal
>>
3 Torrential Gearhulk decks
2 Mardu
1 non-Torrential Gearhulk control deck
1 Marvel
1 spot that I want to be reanimator but it probably won't be

Maybe five copies of Approach of the Second Sun including sideboards. 0 copies of Kefnet.
>>
File: Reality Smasher.jpg (513KB, 1055x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Reality Smasher.jpg
513KB, 1055x1500px
Why is there so few decks utilizing the OGW eldrazi currently? Is it because of the lack of turn 1 ramp in the format?
>>
File: As+Foretold+%5BAKH%5D.jpg (27KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
As+Foretold+%5BAKH%5D.jpg
27KB, 223x311px
Will this be played in standard? Such a wierd 3 mana drop for control.
>>
>>53170759
AHK brought a lot of artifact hate desu
>>
>>53170957
No good colorless lands besides Aether Hub.
>>
>>53172456
Not anything you'd mainboard though, being down 0-1 is pretty bad and you're not for sure gonna draw sideboard unless you mulligan for it or run a lot of cycle.
>>
>>53172922
Forgetting Spires of Industry?
>>
>>53173363

You're going to see a lot of maindeck forsake the worldly at the pro tour in midrange/control decks. That card is too damn good right now.
>>
File: ctqm4w9.png (2MB, 822x1122px) Image search: [Google]
ctqm4w9.png
2MB, 822x1122px
This saturday night I will be attending Magic Showdown. And I am pondering among those two decks:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/639669#paper

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/595797#paper

My LGS is pretty fond of playing GB Delirium, GB Energy, UR Control and Mono Black Zombies. Any help with the sideboards against them would be pretty helpful
>>
>>53172266
Maybe in some Marvel variant?
>>
Do you guys think a mono red sligh list would be good enough to get under Vehicles and Marvel? Something like
4 Insolent Neonate
4 Village Messenger
4 Flameblade Adept
4 Bloodrage Brawler
4 Bomat Courier
other one drops or aggressively priced, evasive idiots
4 Consuming Fervor
a couple burn spells
>>
Why does no one use Odric?
>>
>>53173654
Mardu: Fumigates/Yahenni's, Kalitas, Magma Spray, By Force/Gremlins, Fragmentize, Cast Out, Lost Legacy, probably want some manlands in main if you're actually worried about control
G/B: Kalitas, Serpopard, Lost Legacy, Grasp, Tireless Tracker, Manglehorn, Lay bare the heart

probably other shit I'm forgetting but those are the ones that initially sprung to mind in those colors and seem to not work against the decks
>>
I've been brewing this Abzan deck for a while, any reccomendations? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-bears/
>>
File: sligh preliminary testing.jpg (379KB, 1487x751px) Image search: [Google]
sligh preliminary testing.jpg
379KB, 1487x751px
>>53174390
i'm testing it out right now breh. it feels ok but i really want fiery temper in here somewhere for reach.
>>
>>53174554
it doesn't do enough to justify its cmc and the setup he requires to actually do the thing is untenable in competitive constructed play.
>>
>>53170267
5 Mardu, 1 Mono Black, 1 Marvel, 1 Snek
>>
>>53176100
I 2-0d at least 6 variants of this list today while testing Zombies and Naya Humans.
>>
File: a cookie.jpg (972KB, 1185x825px) Image search: [Google]
a cookie.jpg
972KB, 1185x825px
>>53176664
here u go big boy
>>
File: 126734868918.jpg (109KB, 925x678px) Image search: [Google]
126734868918.jpg
109KB, 925x678px
I'm new to Magic, and I like the idea of putting together a werewolf deck because I like the transforming cards. The only problem is that if I understand Standard right, a whole bunch of them are about to fall out of Standard when Eldritch Moon drops out later this year.

Do people balk at playing a "past date" deck? I'm not really interested in tournaments, I just want to know if all the people at the shop won't let me play it in a few months.
>>
>>53177343
you could always just not play magic and probably be a better person for it
>>
I need some help with my G/R deck I plan on playing this weekend at my LGS. It's my first standard event in a while so I am not sure if my sideboard is decent enough.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-05-17-gr-energy/
>>
>>53177343

As someone still kinda new, drop standard right now and play edh and pauper.

I thought I wanted to make cool tribal decks then I decided I wanted to win.
>>
Can someone explain to me why no-one uses Undergrowth Champion in +1/+1 counter decks?
>>
Taking this to game day. Switched curator for enigma Drake and now I can actually end games.

Need help with the sideboard. Fevered visions, serpent and dispel are all there for the control mu. Which is really hard tbf. Sweltering sun is great for aggro obviously. How many by force do I need to run to keep Mardu, tower and marvel in check? Winds of rebuke can help deal with cast out, walkers and artifacts.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drakecycle/
>>
>>53177676

Why?
>>
File: mistakes were made.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mistakes were made.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>tfw store and club forgot to register for Game Day
>Right after I got some Verdurous Gearhulks for cheap
At least this means I don't have to choose between the flavors of BG; SnekCounters, gudstuff or Delirium. Dunno if I should feel good or bad about that
>>
>>53178056
Too slow
>>
Does anyone else get really fucking sad at how dumb the average player is?

I honestly think that the average MTG player, regardless of format, has a greatly-inflated sense of confidence in their skills.

>See "New Perspectives" Combo deck for Standard
>Put it together
>Having more fun than I've had in a long time

Two days later:
>Scrolling through Facebook
>See an article about that New Perspectives Deck for Standard from TCGPlayer
>Decide to read the comments because I'm some kind of fucking masochist
>"THIS DECK AM DUMB. I DON'T GET IT."
>"WHY WOULD YOU RUN THE CYCLING LANDS? THEY COME IN TAPPED?"
>"MY RG WEREWOLF DECK COULD WRECK THIS."
>And so on, and so forth

Some people would explain how the deck works and how the cycling lands were very helpful, even if they do come in tapped.

Retards would just repeat themselves about them coming in tapped and how they're bad.

Is the player-base at your FLGS this bad, or is it just internet comment sections attracting mongoloids like always?
>>
>>53177676
>As someone still kinda new, drop standard right now and play edh and pauper.
Realistically this is only a viable path if they are playing MTGO. I have never seen a LGS where pauper is played.
>>
>>53179405
In my experience, children and teenagers are universally retards. Most EDH players are too.
>>
>>53177343
Make a cheap werewolf deck for, wait for it, fun. Not standard legal, not modern competitive, just fun. Original Innistrad had some baller cards. Find other, like-minded people and have a good time. At least that's what I did. Add bolts to taste.

//Creature (29)
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Immerwolf
3 Instigator Gang
3 Kessig Prowler
4 Mayor of Avabruck
4 Spirit of the Hunt
2 Wolfbriar Elemental
4 Young Wolf

//Enchantment (2)
2 Howlpack Resurgence

//Instant (7)
3 Moonlight Hunt
3 Moonmist
2 Predator's Howl

//Land (22)
12 Forest
1 Gruul Turf
2 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Mountain
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Rugged Highlands
>>
>>53178317
Your wolves will be gone soon.

Standard is the most expensive format annually.

I would advise seeking a modern/pauper scene. Modern isn't that expensive. Buy skred red and get chinaman Blood Moon's.

EDH is ok, depends on the scene really.

If you can find some guy running a cube, that's where you wanna be.

Draftings ok. Problem is a lot of the cards are just standard filler and if you aren't good drafting can be a sink. Still fun though.
>>
>>53179405
>Facebook

This is where the lowest of the low come to converse. It's like youtube comments.

You shouldn't expect anything more of them.
>>
>>53179405
Can the deck at least make it to top 10 in a 50+ FNM?
Just asking because I have no standard deck and I want to make a cheap one.
>>
>>53182713
You will have fun, but you wont make it to top 20 either.
>>
>>53177507

I'll bump my list. I am starting to feel that the deck might be doomed from the get-go and G/R isn't that good for the current standard we have.
>>
>>53176091
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-rallier/

I just updated my list, It's pretty damn good, from what I've seen with my playtesting, could anyone else give it a shot for a larger pool of results?
>>
>>53176100
I've never liked Key to the City in these decks lol. I really feel like Consuming Fervor is the best pump spell we have, definitely over Rush of Adrenaline because most of our guys are hard to block anyway. I do like Cartouche of Zeal though that's pretty spicy. I do think we want some number of Fiery Temper.

Combat Celebrant is garbage though. If you want a big swing creature you should go for Reckless Bushwhacker
>>
critique this list im going to play at a competitive tourney this weekend

// 60 Maindeck
// 4 Artifact
4 Heart of Kiran

// 22 Creature
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Toolcraft Exemplar
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
4 Selfless Spirit
2 Gisela, the Broken Blade
2 Archangel Avacyn
2 Glorybringer

// 7 Instant
3 Fatal Push
4 Unlicensed Disintegration

// 23 Land
4 Concealed Courtyard
4 Inspiring Vantage
4 Spire of Industry
2 Smoldering Marsh
5 Plains
2 Mountain
2 Swamp

// 4 Planeswalker
4 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

// 15 Sideboard
// 2 Creature
SB: 2 Veteran Motorist

// 5 Instant
SB: 1 Fatal Push
SB: 2 Magma Spray
SB: 2 Anguished Unmaking

// 8 Sorcery
SB: 3 Transgress the Mind
SB: 2 Dispossess
SB: 1 Fumigate
SB: 2 By Force

any change suggestions are greatly appreciated
>>
>>53184992
Needs more Planeswalkers on sideboardto complement the Fumigate pln.
I'd personally drop the Giselas, love the card but in many cases it's just a beater and the lifelink will only come in handy when you're racing. Instead I'd get some copies of Cast Out to deal with Ulamog since you have 0 outs against him. Declaration in Stone can be ok too but Cast Out deals with walkers as well.
>>
>>53181859
>cube
>anything but the most literal garbage format

I'd play fucking peasant edh before cube
>>
>>53185133
my reasoning for gisela is that she is great in the mirror match imo because she blocks every creature they play favorably while putting me ahead in life total, i thought it would be worth it.

also yeah im not the best with sideboards, so im still rough on that.
>>
>>53182713
Control decks will roll you
But the point of fnm is to have fun anyway so it shouldn't matter
>>
Planning on running this list at game day next weekend. Thoughts?

4 Alms of the Vein
4 Bloodrage Brawler
4 Bomat Courier
4 Dread Wanderer
4 Fiery Temper
4 Foreboding Ruins
4 Hazoret the Fervent
4 Key to the City
7 Mountain
4 Scrapheap Scrounger
2 Shock
4 Smoldering Marsh
7 Swamp
4 Unlicensed Disintegration

2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
4 Lay Bare the Heart
3 Lightning Axe
2 Release the Gremlins
2 Sweltering Suns
2 Trespasser's Curse
>>
>>53185290
Hm, you have a point
My personal fixes would be:
Maindeck:
-2 Selfless Spirit
+2 Veteran Motorist
-2 Gisela
+2 Cast Out

Sideboard
-2 Motorist
-1 Magma Spray
-1 Fatal Push
-1 Anguished Unmaking
-1 By Force
+1 Chandra
+1 Sorin
+1 Ob Nixilis
+1 Lay Bare the Heart
+2 Gisela

I'm not sure if I like Selfless Spirit more than the Motorist, I find the Scry 2 to be really useful. Try a 2-2 split for a few days and see which ones you like better. I'm a fan of 1-of in Sideboard because they're more fun so maybe I'm doing it wrong. Giselas, I'd side in against dumb aggro instead of the mirror, maybe even maindeck in exchange for spirits or motorists. You don't want your expenaive angel to get removed for nothing.
>>
>Have had no desire to tune up any of my decks much less head to FNM

I really want a shot at that Unlicensed Disintegration: I just really don't feel like making the drive out to the LGS.

I did learn of a store near a friend's place that does Booster Draft for FNM. Might try that.
>>
I'm looking to try out bloodrage brawler (4/3 for R1, ETB discard) but don't know what to take out or put in. Any suggestions? Maybe some neonates?
>>
>>53170267
>blue control
you mean the mono-U engulf? that deck looks pretty dull
>>
>>53187728
I'd cut a land and 2 cathartics, and an Unlicensed.
Cathartic can be awkward to cast when you don't have enough mana to madness everything or enough things that want to be pitched.
Disintegration is mostly a murder due to you only having 4 artifacts.
23 lands is a bit much for a deck with a top curve of realistically 3.
>>
>>53187887
>23 lands is a bit much for a deck with a top curve of realistically 3.
You realistically want to have 5 lands, because the only way to get a Pariah out through BBB madness is discard, and every discard outlet save Neonate costs 2. I'll try with 2 less reunions and one less disintegration though.
>>
>>53188076
What is the side board like?
>>
Opinions on Bloodrage Brawler in aggro decks that aren't about discard or zombies?
>>
>>53187790
no, just any blue control deck

probably will be UR
>>
>>53188116
>4 Collective Brutality
>3 Transgress
>3 Distended Mindbender
>2 Key to the City
>2 Kalitas
>1 lightning axe
>>
>look up new 5-0 decks on mtgo today
>only 1 mardu
>3 marvels
>UW Flash
>white weenies splashing blue
>some zombies
>a midrange energy rug deck
>>
>>53188501

Where can I find these lists?
>>
>>53188614
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/standard#online
>>
>>53188459
>all this discard
A little excessive. I'd cut 1 collective, 2 of the distendeds, and 1 transgress.
This might sound silly, but I'd say you are playing the exact deck that having some midnight oils in the side board would do good. It'll give you enough fuel to race mid range lists and control, and also makes cheating madness or other wanna-pitch effects without needing to spend mana due to hand size.
I'd say, 2-3 midnights and consider Release the Gremlins, or other artifact hate.
>>
Creature (19)
2x Baleful Ammit
4x Channeler Initiate
2x Crocodile of the Crossing
4x Dune Beetle
1x Endless One
2x Exemplar of Strength
2x Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
2x Honored Hydra
Instant (12)
2x Altar's Reap
4x Hapatra's Mark
2x Shed Weakness
4x Supernatural Stamina
Artifact (1)
1x Rhonas's Monument
Land (25)
9x Forest
16x Swamp
Sorcery (2)
2x Wander in Death
Enchantment (2)
2x Nest of Scarabs

This is the first deck I've ever built by myself, suggestions appreciated.This is how it's supposed to work:Give the -1/-1 counters to Channeler Initiate so she can generate mana and keep your other cards clean of the counters. scarab nest and Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons help make your defense lines. The tokens can also take the -1/-1 for themselves, as they will just be replaced and you won't really lose anything.Use Hapatra's Mark and/or Supernatural Stamina ideally to save your Channeler Initiate from early removals, buffing her up in the process.Other than that, your creatures are very cost efficient without their counters on them.I don't know what to put on the sidedeck and maybedeck, all sugestions welcome.
>>
>>53170267
Should I just sell my zombies why they are worth so fucking much? I have been slow building them and got things like relentless deads when they were $4 each.

It's the only deck I own and I love playing it but I could seriously quadruple the money I sunk into it and come out with like +$80
>>
>>53192699
they're popular on mtgo

if they dont perform well at the pro tour tomorrow then they might tank a few dollars
>>
>>53191116
I'm working on a list for this too. I'm doing 4 Hapatra. Having 2 in hand isn't a problem because it lets you be ballsy and try to get the combat damage trigger with the one in play. She's way better than I thought she'd be. I was originally running 2 of her and 4 nest of scarabs, but I brought her to 4 and put nest at 3 after some playtesting.
Take out two dune beetle for two more crocodile of the crossing. That card is the meat of how you win. Exemplar of strength is worth a 4 of too, imho.
I'm running 4 fatal push and 4 grasp of darkness as removal with Never // Return in side for when push isn't enough.
I think honored hydra is kinda meh in the deck with no way to dump it in the grave early, but that's personal taste.
The deck is fun, and isn't the worst thing I've brought to my mostly casual fnm. But, I honestly think it could become pretty viable if it gets a bit of a push in the next set.
>>
>>53170267
>24 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar on the PT top 8
>WotC bans Fatal Push from Standard because it "promotes unfun interactions".
Watch it happen.
>>
>paying $100 for a deck that last's a year and a half with minor adjustments
>paying $1000 for a deck that last's forever

I honestly rather play standard, as stale and boring as it can be at times it actually changes.
>>
>>53193558
>>paying $100 for a deck that last's a year and a half with minor adjustments
Try 3 months.
>>
>>53191116
I like the idea behind bg -1/-1 counters. I think you should go down on dune beetles and up on exemplar of strength, but that's just my opinion. Honored hydra seems random, but it's a good card if you can find some way to get it in the graveyard- 4-mana 6/6 that misses most counterspells.

I would cut Shed Weakness and Endless One for 3-of Blossoming Defense to help defend your creatures.

You should also have some removal mainboard. Grasp of Darkness and Fatal Push are in your colors, though the latter is pretty expensive. Maybe cut Supernatural Stamina for them?

Sideboard should include 2-3 of Lost Legacy and Dispossess - they help you against various control / combo decks.

Transgress the Mind / Collective Brutality can help you against control / combo in the side.

You seem to have big bodies and lots of blockers, so I'm not sure what aggro will do against you. Baleful Ammit is better than it seems, especially against aggro decks, so maybe fit a pair of those in the sideboard? Lifelink is very relevant. Failing that, Ambitious Aetherborn could help on that front.

Never // Return is good against decks running planeswalkers.
>>
File: Sligh current modo list.jpg (403KB, 1657x767px) Image search: [Google]
Sligh current modo list.jpg
403KB, 1657x767px
>>53184767
consuming fervor is ok but it can't be used as a combat trick. i'm actually on Built to Smash right now and it's quite good. Cartouche of Zeah is rebranded Hammerhand from Boss Sligh. agreed on Celebrant. i'd rather play another ahn-Crop Crasher, which is been the i-win-button at 3cmc, along with Kari Zev+Cartouche.

Key to the City gives all your excess Mountains 'cycling' and can turn on Fiery Temper if we're playing that.

here's where i'm at on modo for 5 tix, half of which was spent on this art of mountain.

list feels good to play. it's fast, it's red, whats not to like? admittedly not quite as good as actual Boss Sligh but it'll definitely steal games with all these Menace dudes and combat tricks.
>>
File: Image (1).png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
121KB, 223x311px
guess what card sextupled in price in a few days...
>>
>>53191116
I'll preface this with a good on you for trying, but I hope you won't take it personally when I say the deck is just trash. Your cards fall into three categories: hot garbage, the best you can really do with the subpar theme, and passable.

Your hot garbage cards are Dune Beetle, Honored Hydra, Exemplar of Strength, Altar's Reap, Hapatra's Mark, Shed Weakness, Supernatural Stamina, Rhonas' Monument, and Wander in Death. These should really just be cut entirely, even if you do decide to keep with the GB -1/-1 theme. I shouldn't need to tell you why Dune Beetle is bad, Honored Hydra is too expensive, Exemplar of Strength is worthless without something else to nuke, Altar's Reap isn't even played in dedicated sacrifice decks, Hapatra's Mark is a bad Blossoming Defense, Shed Weakness is a combat trick and those are AWFUL in constructed without granting protection to your creature, Supernatural Stamina should just be removal, Rhonas' Monument has very little synergy to warrant the random 1-of, and Wander in Death is far too slow.

(cont)
>>
>>53191116
>>53195056

Your "the best you can really do with the subpar theme" cards are: Baleful Ammit, Channeler Initiate, Crocodile of the Crossing, Endless One, Hapatra, and Nest of Scarabs. These aren't the worst, you probably couldn't find a way to replace them if you were going to stick with your theme, but just compare how many of these you have in your deck versus your hot garbage cards. There's like 12 of these. I'm not necessarily saying you should bump these all up to a playset I just want to illustrate to you that this theme is ultimately pretty bare on good cards to run. If you want some suggestions look at stuff like Blooming Marsh and Hissing Quagmire for the mana base, Fatal Push and Grasp of Darkness for removal, Sylvan Advocate and Tireless Tracker for stronger midrange creatures, Lili Last Hope for recursion and midgame value, and maybe even something like Rhonas himself, you have a fair amount of creatures that can come in with 4 power. Really, what you want is more GOOD cards in your deck, blindly sticking to a theme and jamming shitty cards in your deck for "muh synergy" is only going to result in you drawing shitty cards in games and feeling awful about it.

Oh, and your passable cards are Forest and Swamp, I had to include some elitist snark in here for my own sake.
>>
File: 1436139486803.jpg (518KB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1436139486803.jpg
518KB, 700x1064px
>>53179967
Werewolf OP here, this is basically what I did. Most of the people I play with are friends, so it is using the "standard style" of 60 cards, 24 lands, 4 same name max, just because that's the kind of deck I know.

//Creature (23)
4 Village Messenger
4 Duskwatch Recruiter
4 Lambholt Pacifist
4 Geier Reach Bandit
2 Spirit of the Hunt
2 Silverfur Partisan
2 Solitary Hunter
1 Ulrich of the Krallenhorde

//Planeswalker (2)
2 Arlinn Kord

//Enchantment (2)
2 Howlpack Resurgence

//Artifact (3)
3 Neglected Heirloom

//Instant (6)
2 Moonlight Hunt
4 Blossoming Defense

//Lands(24)
10 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Cinder Glade
4 Game Trail
>>
>>53191116
I play a similar deck, a word of advice I'd give is put in a few Soul Stingers, they're a common that you can just overload with -1/-1 counters, and when it dies you can transfer them to an opponent's creature, which if you get 5 of them on there will kill Rhonas, Hazoret or Kefnet. I personally run a winding constrictor, which means Soul Stinger has 3 -1/-1's, playing an Exemplar of Strength adds 4, so it dies with -7/-7 on there which can kill most things.

Insects are they key focus of my deck though, I've got a few metallic mimics to hopefully buff the bugs when they come in, and a decimator of the provinces to give them all trample as a hopeful game ender.
>>
>>53195434
can you post the full decklist? a friend of mine is also tinkering with a hapatra -1/-1 deck
>>
>>53176100
Lathnu Hellion
Hazoret
Reckless Bushwacker

these should probably be included
>>
>>53194902
card is really good

people need something to hate on Torrential Gearhulk decks and he is honestly the best answer

my local meta is really control heavy and him+Jace are my strongest sideboard cards

almost every time I play against one of my friends he gets into the situation where he needs to think about letting a Chandra resolve on my turn 4 or waste his counterspell and then let me resolve Jace on 5 which pretty much loses the game either way

then if I am playing Jeskai I just use Nahiri to search for SotFW and win the game off that

lots of strong anti control cards but thankfully they are really only useful in control decks

hope blue does well at this PT or at least does better than the last one
>>
>>53195468
Sadly not, as I'm stuck in an airport right now and I honestly can't remember the full list, if this thread is still up in 6 hours I'll post it. It's currently not finished, there are a few cards that I plan on taking out and a few I plan on putting in. It's GBr, for Skin Invasion as a relatively quick to get 3/4 insect, Consuming Fervor which is a decent -1/-1, and therefore snake/insect generator, and unlicenced disintegration which I think is the best removal in standard right now.
>>
>>53195520
the card only sees play from the sideboard, that doesn't warrant a 400% price spike

it went up because some idiot attempted to buy out all the copies of it on TCGPlayer. It won't end well because the demand won't be high
>>
File: doubt.jpg (9KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
9KB, 350x304px
>>53195581
HUH that's sounds fun desu, I'll tell him to try it out. If the thred is ded just post the decklist on the next one ok?
>>
Day 1 of the Pro Tour is all limited isn't it?
>>
G/U Ramp:
>Lands(24)
8Forest
8Islands
4Lumbering Falls
4Botanical Sanctum
>Instats(11)
4Censor
4Heroic Intervention
3Haze of Pollen
>Enchantments(4)
4Bounty of the Luxa
>Sorceries(7)
2Harvest Season
2Contingency Plan
2Spring//Mind
1Part the Waterveil
>Creatures(13)
4Beastcaller Savant
4Naga Vitalist
3Weaver of Currents
2Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
>Planeswalker(1)
1Nissa, Steward of Elements
>Sideboard(15)
3Appetite for the Unnatural
2Crash of Tentacles
3Manglehorn
3Negate
2Prowling Serpopard
2Walking Ballista

Thoughts?
>>
So, as a mono red aggro deck how do I beat a resolved Ishkanah?
>>
>>53196762
you throw burn spells at their face like your deck is supposed to do.
>>
>>53196281
3 rounds of draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard.
>>
>>53196762
you side in magmatic chasm and follow it up with a surged bushwhacker, or you kill them before they get to 5 mana.
>>
>>53195949
Sorry I'm late
>Land (25)
2 Blooming Marsh
1 Foreboding Ruins
1 Forest
1 Game Trail
6 Mountain
7 Smoldering Marsh
7 Swamp
>Instant (9)
2 Appetite for the Unnatural
2 Splendid Agony
2 Stinging Shot
>Enchantment (7)
1 Consuming Fervor
3 Nest of Scarabs
3 Skin Invasion
>Creature (19)
3 Decimator Beetle
1 Decimator of the Provinces
1 Distended Mindbender
2 Exemplar of Strength
2 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
2 Metallic Mimic
2 Prakhata Pillar-Bug
4 Soulstinger
3 Unlicensed Disintegration
2 Winding Constrictor
>>
>>53199829
Unlicensed Disintegration isn't a creature, not sure why it put it there in the export but there you go.
>>
>>53193446
>>53193792
>>53195056
>>53195434

Thanks guys, I've made some changes based on what you said and this is the end result.
3 Blooming Marsh
9 Forest (#262)
9 Swamp (#256)
4 Hissing Quagmire

3 Sylvan Advocate
2 Baleful Ammit
1 Dune Beetle
2 Crocodile of the Crossi..
2 Exemplar of Strength
2 Hapatra, Vizier of Pois..
4 Channeler Initiate
1 Endless One
2 Tireless Tracker

2 Altar's Reap
3 Blossoming Defense
3 Grasp of Darkness
4 Hapatra's Mark
2 Nest of Scarabs
2 Wander in Death

I'm playing on a budget here, and this is the best I can do right now moneywise. I might pump up the deck in the future. Thank you for the suggestions.
>>
File: Red Menace.jpg (498KB, 1831x847px) Image search: [Google]
Red Menace.jpg
498KB, 1831x847px
>>53195493
those aren't what this version of sligh does.

>3 and 4 mana spells that don't win on the spot by negating blockers in a deck full of Menace creatures

I assume you never played Boss Sligh so i can't expect you to understand how this deck wins.
>>
>>53200177
What the fuck am I looking at.
I understand how a deck filled with jackal pups and block restricts is supposed to function, but the overall power of the cards in this list seems questionable. Humans/white has actual payoff cards for its army of one-drops and it gets to play actual 2/1s or higher with abilities instead of trying to win one damage at a time. I'm going to have to sleeve this up and see if I'm missing something.

My first instinct is that it will be a little too easy for opponents to stabilize against 1/X creatures. I could see this beating delirium if they have no removal or ishkana.
>>
>>53200177
How do you beat a Sweltering Suns or Yahenni's Expertise?
>>
holy fuck new perspectives actually won a game.
>>
>>53202176
It will beat out any decks that cannot deal with the combo. Aggro decks that arent fast enough will fold to it.

Any control decks can eat it alive though
>>
>>53202197
After sides might be tough as well. I hope it does well because we'll never see it again.
>>
>>53202197
>tfw red/black has no enchantment hate
>>
I wanna get into magic, but what format should I choose? Its kinda confusing..
>>
>>53202346
Try discard and/or lost legacy

if you take away the combo you slow down the deck by several turns while they try to hard cast Second Sun.
>>
>>53185241

How can one person be so wrong?
>>
>Punting instead of playing the Fumigate

PRO PLAYS
>>
GAME OF THROWS
>>
>>53202395
Standard is probably your most popular format, has a cheaper upfront investment than other formats but requires you to constantly update your deck as new cards are released. Modern has a much larger upfront investment and is likely the second most popular format, but after you have your $1500 in staples it becomes incredibly cheap to change decks and they'll only rarely require upkeep in the form of new cards. The same goes for Legacy only no one plays Legacy. EDH is a variant format you'll want to look up deckbuilding rules for, it can be as popular as modern in some areas but it has its own laundry list of problems without very careful curation of the local meta.
>>
>>53202511
What happened? Someone decided to cycle instead of fumigating? Was it some no-name or a big player?
>>
>>53202812
Intresting, so should I just go and pick up a structure deck and start playing? Is there a way to practice on the computer to see what I like?

I used to play against my teacher like good 10+ years ago with his cards, it was pretty fun but I really don't remember anything about it anymore. Sorry for the noob questions
>>
File: 1472746739534.png (31KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1472746739534.png
31KB, 420x420px
>>53193712
>he hasn't played the same deck since Kaladesh
>>
File: bdmphone.png (800KB, 1374x768px) Image search: [Google]
bdmphone.png
800KB, 1374x768px
Who is bdm calling /tg/?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-05-12-14-23-14.png (368KB, 661x369px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-05-12-14-23-14.png
368KB, 661x369px
>>
>>53203968
>there's no pummler decks
Fug
>>
>>53203968
>No +1/+1 snek decks
Wat
>>
>>5319>>53202812
I agree, standard it's getting some love with events.
Standard showdown, Fnm, Game Day, the only problem are the shit promo cards they give to players.
>>
I don't 'get' Craig Wescoe. Every time I see him play a game he's playing fewer, smaller creatures than his opponent and losing.

How does he qualify and go 3-2?
>>
>>53203809
Start with the free duels of the planeswalkers game on steam to learn the rules, then move on to xmage to play real decks. The premade decks are never worth their price in terms of raw value, your money is far better spent purchasing the cards you need for the deck you really want. You can do this from various online retailers (not Starcity Games, they jack up prices) or even a local store that you may wish to play at (be aware they will probably charge you a bit more per card, but if you can spare the money then supporting the store is never a bad idea).
>>
File: Smashysmashrobot.jpg (154KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Smashysmashrobot.jpg
154KB, 768x432px
Is fling playable in R/G energy or is it too cute?
>>
File: cryptolithrite.full.jpg (84KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
cryptolithrite.full.jpg
84KB, 240x345px
>>53203968
>black-green cryptolith rite

I TOLD you to get your playset before they spike
>>
>>53204531
Fuck off desolator
>>
File: redirect.hq.jpg (162KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
redirect.hq.jpg
162KB, 480x680px
>>53204637
>>
>>53204678
Shit, meant >>53204637 for>>53204601
>>
File: glorybringer.jpg (221KB, 2048x1158px) Image search: [Google]
glorybringer.jpg
221KB, 2048x1158px
Is there any use for this POS?
>>
>>53204806
You turn it sideways.
>>
>>53204497
Thanks, Ive tried it out. Even against the tutorial it was a blast. Gonna study the rulebook and then find something I like and try to build a deck with it. Do the colors have an "identity" tied to them? Like green has more control while red is more agressive or something like that.
>>
>>53204964
The colors do definitely have an identity, and it's one of the core design principles of the game. There's far more than what's reasonable to type out but some very, very brief highlights include: white has small creatures, fliers, and exile removal; blue has counterspells, "instants and sorceries matter" cards, tap shenanigans, and fliers; black has graveyard recursion, destruction based removal, and spells to attack your opponent's hand; red has aggressive creatures, haste, direct damage spells, and hates artifacts; and Green has big creatures, ways to get mana fast, hexproof, and hates fliers.
>>
>>53204061
probably one of the b/g decks with another name attached
>>
>>53203968

>all those mardu vehicles

standard was a mistake
>>
>>53204061
>no snek decks
>thinking wizards would ever seriously call a deck "bg snake"

It's BG energy you moron
>>
>>53203968
>no RG Monsters

Perfect, no one expects the true Tier 0 :^)
>>
File: 1486083468231.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1486083468231.png
135KB, 223x311px
Why on earth would anyone play Marvel decks with Ulamog as their only threat? You end up crutching entirely on hitting a t4 Ulamog to get your wins and every other scenario you're going full JUST mode spinning your marvel every turn while crying trying to hit an Ulamog otherwise you lose and complain about being unlucky
>>
>>53204806
friend of mine actually runs 2 in his control deck sideboard

seems like a pretty good card overall imo, absolute bomb in limited
>>
It's actually fun watching this format. Lot's of different approaches and decks without pushed planeswalkers.
>>
>99 fags on Mardu vehicles
>98 retards on Marvel memes
>10 geniuses on B/G energy
How WILL WotC doubters ever recover?
>>
>>53178056
Its a defensive card in a fast meta.
>>
File: 1481782393135.jpg (129KB, 1095x483px) Image search: [Google]
1481782393135.jpg
129KB, 1095x483px
>>53204964
That's the color identity, jut choose what suits you best.

For real though >>53205883 summarized it pretty well.
>>
>>53207500
>I'm exclusively Chinese
Always shocked to find this out when I see this image
>>
Is there a viable token deck using Anointed Procession and Second Harvevst?
>>
>>53207649
What I've brewed so far
4x Anointer Priest
4x Anointed Procession
4x Second Harvest
4x Cryptolith Rite

Thinking about a red splash for some creauture removal, Dance with Devils and a few Chandra, Flamecallers. Maybe Hanweir Garrison?

Also definitely the demon transform land.
>>
>>53207649
Could probably just adjust that marionette master deck that was floating around when kaladesh dropped
>>
File: GideonObfuscator.jpg (228KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
GideonObfuscator.jpg
228KB, 500x713px
Mardu Vehicles with HoK and Gideon is still unbeatable even with a ton of sideboard cards to try and stop it. It's too fast to deal with. Fuck this format till it rotates, auto-lose is bullshit.
>>
File: 1465590122654.png (198KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1465590122654.png
198KB, 375x523px
>>53207939
>>
>>53207794
4x Magma Spray
4x Anointer Priest
4x Cryptolith Rite
4x Hanweir Garrison
4x Anointed Procession
4x Second Harvest
4x Dance with Devils
2x Devils' Playground
2x Chandra Flamecaller
2x Sandwurm Convergence

2x Westvale Abbey
2x Hanweir Garrison
24x Appropriate lands

IT'S GONNA BE JANK AS FUCK
>>
>>53208309
I like the Devil tokens, they're fun. I would recommend cutting the Hanweir stuff for some more removal or Walking Ballistas. Consider Avacyn too for preventing board wipes.
>>
Just went 3-1 with mono blue engulf at FNM. Can we talk about how GOOD torrential gearhulk is?
>>
>>53208309
jank is a way to describe it, I guess
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-05-17-zomboni/

Swapped some things out (and others i didn't mention in the update post).

did pretty decent with 2win2loss on FNM

I was suggested fatal push and some more cryptbreakers.any other changes i need to make?
>>
>>53207500
>posting the shit, but graphically appealing chart
>>
>>53208959
>UR

B-but I love to play UR...
>>
File: 1432270012280.jpg (24KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
1432270012280.jpg
24KB, 369x434px
>>53201663
excellent question!

you draw more evasive threats and continue to beat down.
you pop your bomat courier if they were stupid enough not to kill it with multiple cards under it and probably win on the untap.
the amount of times i've activated key to the city simply to get a slowtrip and draw into kari zev+cartouche to immediately kill the opponent after a boardwipe is non-zero as well.
there was also one instance of me throwing my entire hand of 6 cards away to a bomat courier and 2 attacking flameblade adepts for 14 damage and a match win because my opponent somehow thought playing Fevered Visions against hyper-aggro was a good idea.

not saying the deck is invincible, just that there are lines you can take to beat boardwipes. it isn't just 'over', you can recover and sneak in the last 3-4 damage.
>>
Where can I find the day 2 decklists for the Pro Tour?
>>
File: Greater_Gargadon-600x348.jpg (61KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
Greater_Gargadon-600x348.jpg
61KB, 600x348px
>>53172266
restooooooooore ballaaaaaaaance
>>
File: color profiles, redux.png (314KB, 1095x483px) Image search: [Google]
color profiles, redux.png
314KB, 1095x483px
>>53208959
why not both?
>>
>>53192699
Sell relentless dead and build BW zombies, it's so fun
>>
>>53207008
Impliyng Snek isn't getting banned for threatening poor Gideon.
>>
So how has Rhonas been doing this PT?
>>
File: jundSTD.jpg (146KB, 668x960px) Image search: [Google]
jundSTD.jpg
146KB, 668x960px
>>53210438
He got some screentime in pic related but that's about it
>>
>>53208874
bump dark salvation up to a playset, it's still good on X=0
Cryptbreaker is a lot more value than I initially gave it credit for, you'll definitely want a playset there too. I'd try to trim your top-end for more liliana's mastery. Hope that helps
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-05-17-abzan-rallier/

Anyone wanna help me with my deck, it's surprisingly good from the playtesting i've done. just recently added in avacyn and selfless spirit.
>>
>>53209650
day 1 just finished

they won't post decklists for top 64 until day 3 when standard swiss rounds are over
>>
>>53199829
Neat! I actually have the cards to build this. What would you change if you had unlimited budget?
>>
>>53185241
you are wrong
>>
>>53208309
>62 cards

hella jank breh
>>
>>53204531
play Heart-Piercer Manticore
>>
When is draft over?
>>
Why are they hiring fucking Marshall for everything? He's so damn obnoxious, and so much bullshit comes out of his mouth. I can't stand Luis either, but atleast he talks less.
>>
So do people actually enjoy watching limited? Because this has been the dullest hour I've ever spent watching Magic and I've sat through fucking Lantern mirrors
>>
>>53173365
You need lots of artifacts to reliably turn it on. Mardu Vehicles is about the only deck that doesn't bend over backwards amassing enough artifacts to get it.
>>
File: 1493940480455.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1493940480455.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Apparently im permabanned from magic chat on twitch even though the only thing I did was support Travis woo and his team, didn't even use profanity or Nazi references.
>>
File: noir-blanc-1.png (198KB, 600x813px) Image search: [Google]
noir-blanc-1.png
198KB, 600x813px
Rate my homebrew lads. Doing well at fnm level
>>
>>53217100

If you posted steven universe, you deserve the ban. I wish they would permaban you here, too.
>>
File: 1493542600811.png (103KB, 567x412px) Image search: [Google]
1493542600811.png
103KB, 567x412px
>>53217210
Literally kys
>>
Is it worthwhile playing MTGO instead of Cockatrice for more players and leagues?
>>
>>53217173
Your early game seems rather prone to folding to aggro.
>>
>>53217454
Should have mentioned that my meta is 90% control, hence the discard spells. Lets say it was filled with more aggro, should I add more pushs/Inspectors?
>>
File: 1490574906275.jpg (129KB, 1092x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1490574906275.jpg
129KB, 1092x1348px
>>53209703
>not playing 5 colors
>>
File: color chart redux large.png (939KB, 1095x1348px) Image search: [Google]
color chart redux large.png
939KB, 1095x1348px
>>53217674
>being a meme
>>
>>53217674
>tfw tryhard
>>
Played U/B improvise at FNM last night and went 3-1, only losing to turbo colossus because this was my first time with the deck and I made a few misplays and didn't sideboard correctly

r8 h8 b8 m8

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-05-17-ub-improvise/
>>
day 2 meta:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptakh/pro-tour-amonkhet-day-two-standard-metagame-breakdown-2017-05-13

>Aetherworks,Zombies and Temur energy did really well
>control is still shit
>Mardu below expectations
>>
>>53219814
get ready for the blue cards to spike up next standard season when the new block comes
>>
>>53219829
they are already overpriced as fuck though

>Torrential Gearhulk a card that sees no Eternal play and is not part of any Standard tier 1 deck costs $25
>>
>>53219913
I believe the joke is that on release of every new set since Kaladesh Torrential Gearhulk skyrockets in price (to $25 from like 10 lol) because people think "control is going to be really strong" then 98% of control decks get culled at the PT and at FNMs, Game days, Showdowns over the following weeks and blue plummets back down in price.
>>
Can anybody give me a hand with this deck? I do fine against everything other than RW aggro, which about 5-6 people at my FLGS picked up right after Almondkek hit, in addition to the 2 other guys already playing.

17 Forest
1 Blighted Woodland
1 Nephalia Academy
1 Island
1 Nissa, Steward of Elements
1 Mouth // Feed
4 Bristling Hydra
4 Electrostatic Pummeler
4 Thriving Rhino
4 Blossoming Defense
4 Longtusk Cub
4 Servant of the Conduit
4 Attune with Aether
4 Larger than Life
3 Highspire Infusion
3 Woodweavers Puzzleknot
>>
>>53220009
Sounds like SCG speculated too hard.
>>
>Marvel

Shit should have been banned instead of Emrakul
>>
File: theboy.png (288KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
theboy.png
288KB, 600x350px
Just 4-0'd my FNM with U/W flash spirits. 2 Matches were against jubd/bg energy, one was against sultai, and another was against U/R. I think flash is very well positioned right against most of the field.
>>
>>53220497
Rhino is trash
Puzzleknot is trash outside of marvel decks
Nephalia Academy is trash
You don't have much use for Blighted Woodland

You need 4x Rogue Refiner and 4x Aether Hub
If you don't wanna spend the $8 on hubs just switch out academy, woodland and a 2 Forests for 4 Islands

You should maindeck one or two copies or Arborback Stomper and side a third to counter all the RW Aggro

Slip Through Space could be fun to play around with in your deck, doesn't seem like you need it though
>>
>>53221346
emrakul was cancer even outside of marvel decks
>>
>>53221346
Marvel ruined BFZ - KLD standard and now it's ruining it again

Cancer cat proved that we can't have any competitive combo in standard because the lack of good answers means 95% of the decks can't compete with them

Banning Emrakul, Copter and Reflector Mage was a mistake
Bitching out of the 18 months rotation was a mistake too and now Ulamog and Gideon are ruling a format where they shouldn't even legal

>>53221746
Playing a 8 - 9 mana card that won you the game nearly every time you cast it was definitely busted as fuck, but the format was full of busted shit and that was the only busted card control had
Aggro decks would eventually have kept it in check
>>
Goddamn Maria is annoying, even Gaby is more tolerable and seems more sincere than Maria does.
>>
>>53222126
women were a mistake
>>
>>53222126
Maria "Mouth // Feed" Bartholdi
>>
>>53222126
tired of WotC giving out jobs to literal whos. "sexism is okay when it benefits women" - corporate america
>>
Every time I turn in it's a Marvel deck

Is this the state of Standard?
>>
>>53222481
yes
>>
>>53222481
well there were like 99 mardu decks and 98 marvel decks that showed up on day 1 but a huge chunk of mardu decks got btfo and marvel managed to hang in, so it makes sense we'd be seeing a lot of marvel on stream
>>
File: 1469572458408.jpg (15KB, 431x314px) Image search: [Google]
1469572458408.jpg
15KB, 431x314px
>Marvel is meta again
Great, can't wait for Ulamog to slam down T4 and eat two of my lands.
>>
>>53222481
basically yes
now that copycat has gone people can return to bitching around with armies of chump blockers until they did goldfish some istant win-con with a 4cmc CoCo permanent.
>>
File: 1475509110978.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1475509110978.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
>>53222543
>not being able to deal with ulamog and kill marvel with just two lands
>>
>>53221375
Could you post decklist? I played UW Spirits and it was pretty garbage, but i loved playing it, so id love to see how to buff up the deck
>>
>>53221839
If you aren't satisfied with Ulamog you're probably just a whiny baby.
>>
>>53222715
Dammit Jim we told you, you can't have legacy cards in standard events.
>>
Hey guy, remember when you said zombies wasn't going to be tier 1 because sweltering suns exists? Eat shit leymao. Good thing GR monsters is a beast deck.
>>
>>53223085
What does that even mean?

Have you seen a deck that aims to hardcast Ulamog? He isn't a viable control finisher, Emrakul is

Marvel will be a problem no matter how many Eldrazi titans it plays so we might as well let B/G become viable again

Same for U/W flash, Reflector mage would be healthy for the meta

If you want standard AKH standard to be all about Gideon and Ulamog then enjoy yourself cause that's what we have
At least admit that the format would be much more complex if the only banned card was Felidar Guardian
>>
>>53182713
from what i've seen online, turn 5 kills aren't rare, turn 6 kills are pretty consistent, but if your opponent is playing counterspells or hand hate better bring some lube
>>
>top 8 is projected to be 5 marvel, 3 zombies
>0 mardu
>>
I am not as upset by this as I would have been vehicles

the marvel decks are highly susceptible to side board hate as well as control

if this forces the metagame to shift away from mardu shit I will be happy to play 4 copies of lost legacy/artifact hate and take hot dumps on marvel
>>
>>53223263
the the only banned card was guardian then the metagame would be 100% marvel

granting the deck access to 8 targets that auto win the game on turn 4 was causing serious problems at the end of the KLD format

I think unbanning just reflector mage would be fine but the others can stay gone
>>
>>53223610
the problem is that control is complete shit

you build a control deck to beat marvel, you're going to get shitstomped by zombies and mardu

the best way to beat marvel is to play a hyper aggro deck like zombies and hope they don't spin an ulamog early
>>
>>53223644
the thing is that control doesn't really have to be built to beat marvel
it beats it by default
a single counterspell pretty much stops the deck cold for a few turns and then post sideboard the game gets even easier

Mardu is really the only problem for control decks
Zombies are pretty easy to deal with with things like fumigate or decend upon the sinful and other mass removal

Heart of Kiran and Gideon are the only two cards that are holding the format back
hopefully once Gideon rotates things won't be shit
>>
>>53223610
Yeah, I feel like Marvel's success this round is a result of everyone overpreparing for Mardu Vehicles, it should straighten itself out going forward post PT, it's not the resilient, simple combo that was Saheeli Cat that the current power levels of Standard aren't equipped to deal with.
>>
File: Danktouch.png (161KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Danktouch.png
161KB, 265x370px
1. Mulato Zombies (Chris Fennell): 42 pts
2. Temur Marvel (Ken Yukuhiro): 39 pts
3. Temur Marvel (Marc Tobiasch): 38 pts
4. Afro American (Christian Calcano): 38 pts
5. Temur Marvel (Martin Muller): 37 pts
6. Afro American Zombies (Gerry Thompson): 37 pts
7. Temur Marvel (Eric Froelich): 36 pts
8. Temur Marvel (Yuuya Watanabe): 36 pts

In total 5x Aetherworks Marvel and 3 Zombies.
>Mardu in charge of winning
>Control in charge of not being complete shit
>>
>>53223728
this is a correct assessment

unlike Mardu vehicles which cannot be answered by a single card these Marvel decks can pretty easily be answered by a couple resolved cards

look at the top 8 decklists
things like only 2 copies of lost legacy in the sideboard is pretty telling of why the deck did so well this weekend

imagine if these black decks had been running 4 copies plus additional artifact hate
imagine of the blue control decks had been mainboarding singleton copies of ceremonious rejection with more in the SB

unlike last metagame this one has room to grow over the next few weeks. Mardu is still the one true enemy and until Gideon is gone control is going to have problems
but after his death with this set and our savior Bolas in the next one maybe Grixis control can finally take back its rightful place as king of Standard
>>
>>53223697
>hopefully once Gideon rotates things won't be shit
Can't wait for September.
>>
>>53223728
>Yeah, I feel like Marvel's success this round is a result of everyone overpreparing for Mardu Vehicles, it should straighten itself out going forward post PT,
Funnily enough this is similar to what /tg/ said about Mardu after the cat ban and mardu was 5/8 top 8
Is Standard fine? If every tournament the dominating deck changes due to people overfocuses on what the top meta deck is?
>>
when does the top 32 tend to pop up after a PT

I'm trying to peep one of the u/w flash lists that converted to day 2 for my shameless plagiarizing pleasure.
>>
>>53223859
you only need to go 4-4 to make day 2

they could've scrubbed out early
>>
>>53223876
I want to believe
>>
>>53222126
Literally all the Wizards people who weren't pros are annoying.
>>
File: 1458895956452.jpg (28KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458895956452.jpg
28KB, 500x360px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptakh/top-8-decklists-2017-05-13

DEKC LISTS

DECK LIST

D
E
C
K

L
I
S
T
S
>>
>>53223823
this is a big part of it

people overcompensate for decks that they think are going to make up the majority of the metagame

the problem with marvel was, and still is, that there is no way to SB against it and no cards can actively hate it out

the reason it fails vs. Marvel is because they had no way of dealing with a resolved Ulamog on turns 4-6

exxpect Mardu decks to adapt with things like Deck in stone and more artifact hate

Mardu will most likely go back to being king in a few days/weeks and will shit on the format until Gideon rotates and they accept the fact taht vehicles were a mistake

maybe Zombies are fast enough to keep them honest but I doubt it since Mardu can start running Fumigate

White is too strong a color and the manabase is too solid for the deck to not comback now that it knows what its major competitors are
>>
>>53223859
I think one of them was a feature match on day 1. You can probably get the gist of it from watching the vod.
>>
>>53223610
>the marvel decks are highly susceptible to side board hate as well as control
example?
dispossess looks like a silver bullet but he really isn't. once you've removed the marvel you have to prepared yourself to see your opponent flood the board with tons of meat and says "okay, when I arrived at 10 lands you will lose the game anyway".
copycat have done an amazing job in shutting down this archetype thanks to an instant-kill turn4 combo but now that the combo is gone and since there's no deck capable to land that consistent amount of damages in less than 4 turns, Marvel can return to shine as new....
>>
>>53224007
Lost Legacy is a silver bullet not Dispossess
removing all copies of Ulamog neuters the deck and makes it almost threat-less

blue control, especially with white, is very good at dealing with any variation of marvel as well with things like forsake the worldly, cast out, void shatter, disallow, ceremonious rejection, and any number of other things the marvel deck just can't deal with

on top of that a lot of those cards are mainboarded in the form of just basic counterspells and small creature removal

holding up a negate for marvel ruins their whole game plan and forces them to eventually hardcast ulamog which blue control can easily win the game before then or just counter the ulamog and not really care about the exiled cards

BW or BWx control has a very solid matchup vs marvel but has a crap matchup vs Mardu no matter what they do

if Marvel helps to keep Mardu down then maybe an avenue for control can open up
>>
>>53224153
sorry that is meant to be UW and UWx though BW can probably also do pretty well

esper might be the perfect control deck right now with good artifact removal, exile effects, lifegain, and black removal
the problem is the landbase so if someone can figure that out things might go ok
>>
>>53223263
Gearhulk is the control finisher, with 1of Ulamog sometimes there for end-end game plays. Or 4of for Marvel decks.

Marvel is the combo deck policing the format now. The only thing keeping it from tier 1 is that it's not totally consistent and aggro can sometimes get under it.
>>
>>53223697
I will miss Duskwatch Recruiter, but having that stupid goodstuff 4 drop out of the format will be great.
>>
What's an easy way to make this deck have a higher chance of not going 0-X at an FNM with eight monkeys? My GF wants to play magic but I really don't want to bother building a real deck.

The gist of it is play anointed procession and embalm shit. The secret tech is hoping your opponent is retarded and killing them with the surprise double manticore trigger from the graveyard. Angel of sanctions from the grave can also blow somebody out maybe.

Embalmers tools is hot fucking trash served with a huge glass of ice-cold trash, but I need something on-point to replace it with.
>>
>>53223897
>Random B/G energy list
>3 Zombie decks
>5, count them, FIVE Aetherworks decks
>Not a Mardu Vehicles in sight

fucking idiots complaining about Mardu after they banned cat. If there's only one deck to beat, than it's not a problem deck.
>>
>>53223789
Gearhulk is the only thing propping up control at all. But having a deck that essentially relies on stalling for a turn 6 play (as opposed to T3-T4 for Marvel) means you will probably succumb to randomness in drawn out events.
>>
>>53224228
yeah they should have banned Gideon, AoZ with the cat
format probably would have actually been better without him

>>53224235
best way to not get shit on while playing this deck is to not play this deck
just switch to RW humans and git rid of the stupid honored hydra splash
>>
>>53224153
>lost legacy
way more hard to splash than dispossess
gives card advantage to you opponent
don't solve the marvel problem
this looks like a shittier SB tech than Dispossess, to be honest
cast out and disallow looks good...
>>
>>53224259
I miss Dragonlord Ojutai ;_;
>>
>mardu, g/b energy and marvel will be the format again
Looks like easy sailing at FNM and Showdowns then
>>
>>53224298
No man, you don't fucking get it. You cathartic reunion to get honored hydra in the graveyard, then you can either embalm it at four mana, or you can cast anointed procession and get two 6/6 tramplers for the price of one! The combo is nearly unbeatable, but if they survive the honored hydra turn, we embalm the manticore and burn them for twelve.
>>
>>53224311
>caring about them drawing cards when they have 0 threats left in their deck
>caring about them resolving and spinning marvel to cast glimmer of genius or some other non-threateing meaningless card

taking the ulamogs out turns the lion into a declawed kitten
this holds true for all decks that can run lost legacy but especially if a control deck does it to them
once Ulamog is gone what do they have that you can't answer easily 1for1?

Marvel isn't the problem if there is nothing good to hit

the deck might adapt to have more threats in it but the ones currently at the PT are showing and EXTREAM weakness to losing Ulamog
you have to beat 4 3/2s that draw them a card and anywhere between 2-4 Whirler Virtuoso
not hard for any decent deck
>>
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptakh/top-8-decklists-2017-05-13
How are this many Marvel decks when you only expect to see one every 15 cards? Did all the Gearhulk control players just get shit on by random aggro decks in day 1?
>>
>>53224353
or you can just kill them on turn 4 by running them over with R/W humans instead of trying to goldfish and get the meme dream to work

this might steal a game 1/10 times with some gimick win but you are gonna get dunked on in post sideboard games once they understand the trick

if you want to win you ditch the cute strategies and just go with the ones that are proven to work
like R/W humans
>>
>>53224430
Zombies and Mardu made up over 40% of the meta in day 1

blue red control made up 4%
>>
>>53224503
Oh, so there just weren't any control players to Negate the Marvels.
>>
>>53224414
you live in a pure meta world....
>>
>>53224462
I could hand her a humans deck, but I'm really looking to build some sort of anointed procession deck and at least splash the manticore. I'm just trying to find the least garbage shell to do so that doesn't end up with me buying too many cards for a total cunt.
>>
>>53224541
I don't understand how that is relevant
any deck can get picked off by a random deck now and then but we are aiming to maximize our chances of winning and control can do that by focusing on the decks that it thinks it is going to see

your local metagame might be different but if you are dealing with a lot of Marvel decks a good option is some version of blue control
if your local metagame is a ton of Mardu then Marvel is probably the way to go
it just depends on what you expect to see
>>
>>53224576
>for a total cunt.
I feel like you have larger problems than anything magic related, anon
>>
>>53224576
>total cunt
let her lose then
or you could try that anointed procession servo deck that was shown on the PT stream

the Abzan tokens one here
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/pro-tour-amonkhet-day-two-live-updates
>>
>>53224633
I'm probably going to wait for the G/W list to show up and then splash red to it for no good reason.
>>
>>53224693
the G/W list has existed since Oath
>4 gideon
>4 nissa
>???
>shit out tokens
>>
>>53224693
you are really that attached to naya?
do Naya humans then and use Samut voice of KANGZ
mightbecool
>>
>>53224633
>>53224612
>>53224576
>>53224235
>My GF wants to play magic but I really don't want to bother building a real deck.

I suggest two options:

The abzan tokens that anon mentioned >>53224633
Or GB energy since the core it's cheap as fuck and the deck is competitive enough to win a FNM. (most expensive stuff is ballista)
Also having the energy cards can give her the option to switch to GR energy if she desires since uses more than 50% of the same stuff
>>
File: 1466960400544.jpg (167KB, 734x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1466960400544.jpg
167KB, 734x1107px
>Cryptolith Rites is NEVER EVER going to be meta

Luckily i already had my playset ready for this moment, now its time to crash my LGS with this newfound gamebreaking power.
>>
>>53224772
please share with us your unsolicited opinions on the alt-right as well desolater
>>
>>53224812
He's not desolator. Deso would be content to sit at home, play his deck against the Xmage AI, and then complain that his LGS is nothing but netdecks.
>>
>>53224693
Let's fix this meme up here right now then >>53224235
I like anything from Thraben Inspector (clues are tokens too) to Servo Exhibition better than Trueheart duelist, Embalming tools are pretty meh overall I think, you're in green so you can faff around with second harvest if you really want to shitpost hard, and of course cryptolith rite if you go with cards like servo exhibition/other fabricate cards that push you to go wide, nissa voice is a thing, game trail is part of a cycle of shit lands - use Cinder Glade instead, also drop one or two lands for Westvale,
>>
>>53224430
So we went from a 2-deck format to a 2-deck format?
>>
>>53224908
3 deck format

possibly 4 if mardu has to overcompensate for marvel and make the control matchup a little worse
>>
File: GW_lol.png (232KB, 956x412px) Image search: [Google]
GW_lol.png
232KB, 956x412px
>>53224856
Ok, I cleaned up the deck and tried to meme a little bit less. Ended up making a GW ramp/tokens deck with a lot of ways to accelerate draws and a potential infinite damage wincon. I'm a little worried this deck will lack the raw power and consistency of the manticore hydra build though.
>>
>>53225575
this actually doesn't look too bad, I still like angel of sanctions though
>>
>>53225677
Some amount of angels is probably better than cast out. The deck also might need a better payoff for the procession, but my gideons are going in another deck atm. Just being able to go infinite and get some value off of the one drops is merely ok.
>>
File: 1368493698684.jpg (24KB, 450x317px) Image search: [Google]
1368493698684.jpg
24KB, 450x317px
>>53209468
>there was also one instance of me throwing my entire hand of 6 cards away to a bomat courier and 2 attacking flameblade adepts for 14 damage
>>
>>53222340
>tired of WotC giving out jobs to literal whos. "sexism is okay when it benefits women" - corporate america
Corporate everywhere.
Apparently women are retarded and never think they desserve a raise or that they're being exploited, so despite the wage gap being utter bullshit, it's still better to hire more women.
>>
ulamog just jumped up to $30
>>
>>53170267
OP BTFO
>>
>>53223728
Don't worry, they'll ban Marvel because Gideon, Ally of Zendikar has to be the best card in the Standard until he rotates.
>>
Why are people so butthurt about Gideon?
>>
>>53226511
he's a super pushed planeswalker in a standard format with subpar methods of dealing with planeswalkers, if it wasn't gideon it would be the next one down on the list
>>
>>53226532
This, he's comparable to Elspeth, Knight-Errant. But Elspeth had to deal with Thoughtseize, Bitterblossom, Vendillion Clique, Garruk Wildspeaker, Hellspark Elemental, Bloodbraid Elf, Maelstrom Pulse, Path to Exile, Lightning Bolt, Goblin Guide, Jace the Mind Sculptor, Valakut the Molten Pinnacle and Inquisition of Kozilek while she was in Standard. Gideon's only non-rotating level competition other than himself is Fatal Push and Grim Flayer.

He's not only pushed, he's pushed and active in an underpowered Standard.
>>
>>53226697
>>53226511
>>53226532
Kiran and Glorybringer also preys on Gideon.
The main issues are:
-Kiran is also the vest way to protect Gideon
-Glorybringer is stuck on one of the shittest colors on Standard
-Blue negation is useless because >playing control
But I think the main problem was changing the rotation because Kiran + Gideon was something not planned and Wizards didn't even bother to include Hero's Downfall on Amonkhet to help patch shit up.
>>
>>53226532
>gideon
>super pushed
He's clearly not as he's sees absolutely zero eternal play. He's not close to being viable in Modern. He's so good in Standard because the format is terribly underpowered.
>>
>>53229401
>hi-light part of the comment
>argue that the hi-lighted portion is wrong because of reasons that consisted of the rest of the comment
This is really cheesing my macaroni
>>
>>53173925
Marvel is a turn 4/5 explosive instant win. Foretold is a clock that starts on turn 3, with an extremely different game plan, steady curve, accumulating value every turn to win.
>>
>>53229401
You don't play legacy man.
>>
File: intothetrashitgoes.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrashitgoes.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>Pro tour Amonkhet
>Only cards getting a good ammount of play are the zombies

Amonkhet officially added to the list of wizards blunders
>>
Every game is zombies vs marvel

And they want to get rid of Modern?
>>
Wait, what the fuck happened in that last game with Calcano?
>>
>>53229401
Gideon tribal is perfectly viable in modern.
>>
>>53223813
Also hardly anyone was actually playing decks with negates, let alone ceremonious, in the first place.
>>
>>53230945
I don't see the issue.
Modern "coinflip to win because I got a favorable match up/side deck" vs "lose because some fag brought an obscure combo deck without interaction" is not any different.
>>
Just tuned into the PT. Jesus fucking Christ what were they thinking making Aetherworks Marvel? And don't act like it's anything short of broken just because there's like 4 answers to it.
>>
>Eric "scoop to me or you'll regret it" Froehlich mulling to five
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of1bVlo_5Y4
>>
File: 1481667619130.png (149KB, 343x409px) Image search: [Google]
1481667619130.png
149KB, 343x409px
>that GB Energy beatdown

Holy shit, Marvel really got aggro'ed down, fucking 6/6 cub on turn 3.
>>
>>53230742
Bfz is objectively a stronger block
Meta would be much different with a regular rotation instead of changing it again
>>
>>53231877
The development team has been under a lot of fire lately from three separate issues.

1. The drastic shift from 3-set blocks to 2-set blocks.
2. The poor design sendoff from the zendikar block.
3. Whenever there is a major problem with the development process, it takes about a year to react and change things.

We're seeing the result of a poor situation that is only beginning to correct itself. It's clear both the designers and developers have made some major mistakes.
>>
>>53231991
>Bfz is objectively a stronger block
This is how you know that shit's gone off the rails

Generally speaking, banned cards in T2 end up being eternal playable (Stoneforge, Jace, Memory Jar, Tolarian Academy). The banned cards for this standard are just pathetic in comparison
>>
>>53232125
Gideon saw fringe play in legacy for the WU mirrors.
Smugglers copter is a tech option for maverick/D&T.
>>
>>53232306
>fringe
>tec

So literally no play
>>
>>53231159

marvel into sided sweltering suns cleared his board
>>
Ok guys, how to side against Marvel? Manglehorn is a good option right?
>>
Is anyone here enjoying the coverage? Tbqh, I'm bored of this Standard already.
>>
>>53232306
>Smugglers copter is a tech option for maverick/D&T

For one, Gideon isn't banned - it was decent when Miracles was around as a SB option though.

Secondly, I've never seen Smuggler's Copter in Maverick ever. So it's a fringe option even amongst tech
>>
File: ken_mtg.jpg (2KB, 98x43px) Image search: [Google]
ken_mtg.jpg
2KB, 98x43px
All i see when this guy is on the screen
>>
>>53232920
just wait another two years, all this shit will have gone away, and you'll never have to deal with how broken AM is.
>>
>le ulamog and win men ::::^)
I hope both of these faggots get stabbed in the streets.
>>
>>53233344
It's the pros' fault that wotc can't design formats?
>>
File: 1467168312025.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467168312025.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
I told you fags that Marvel would not die from Em getting banned. Who's laughing now?

Not me, at least 4 people still have the deck essentially built and will now flock back to it since it's doing well.
>>
>>53233529
I really can't see how WotC missed that Marvel was the problem card and not emmy. I mean everytime they can they say how the mana system is their best safety net and how it's usually cards that move around that system the ones that cause problems, then they go and make a card that not not only ignores the mana system but you also don't even need to draw your threats.
>>
>>53232920
depends on your colors, but manglehorn is decent since it can remove marvel or stall it out by a turn yeah
>>
>>53233529
Between the past two FNMs and Standard Show downs I have played Marvel variants a total 14 times and have lost a total of 0 matches. I'm fine with this standard.
>>
>>53233678
Emrakul was warping the format when it was being cast fairly. BG decks were casting emrakul as just a 7 mana game ender.

"cheating" creatures is an essential part of magic, wotc just elected to ignore their tools for being able to print creatures that wouldn't be degenerate with cheatyface cards, like cast triggers and other hoops.
>>
>>53233767
What are you playing?
>>
>>53233965
BW "That's not an actual deck"
>>
File: 1476142461808.gif (129KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476142461808.gif
129KB, 200x200px
>tfw the people at my LGS usually play brews and not meta
Feels good
>>
>>53233965
Must have left my deck in my friend's car, in any case it's just a BW deck that aims drain out and lifelink whenever possible to flip lone riders among other things. I run 4 Anguished between the main and side and that's honestly been enough to deal with Marvel decks because they crutch so hard on Ulamog in game one after boarding you can legacy out ulamogs and then you are free to leverage your removal against their lilianas/gearhulks/trackers. It can turn into a very grindy match up but those decks generally don't run any burn or removal that can hit walkers and Eldritch Moon Lili and Ob Nix become fairly consistent win cons
>>
>>53234227
Removal addicts where we at?
>>
File: 1473717671106.png (49KB, 638x609px) Image search: [Google]
1473717671106.png
49KB, 638x609px
>>53234251
>>
>>53234224
so you dont even play real standard, but some bastardized version that isnt relevant?
>>
File: Definitive_Tiers.png (585KB, 799x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Definitive_Tiers.png
585KB, 799x1450px
>>
>>53234378
(you)
>>
>>53234378
that's most FNMs

my FNM is nothing but blue control decks, no mardu and no marvel the last 2 weeks
>>
Two nukes weren't enough. Japan about to get it again from zombies.
>>
>>53234567
>>53234567
>>53234567

NEW THREAD
>>
>>53234227
>lone rider
Tell me more
>>
I've noticed these marvel lists don't seem to be running many if not any counters main board. What's the reasoning behind this?
>>
>>53234689
looks like everyone was expecting to be fighting off mardu and the best way for marvel to do that is to just windmill slam marvel on 4 into ulamog rng
>>
>>53230742
Will they finally stop making "colorless" sets?
Antiquities, MRD Block, Rise of the Eldrazi, BFZ Block, SOM Block and Kaladesh Block all fucked shit up.
>>
>>53234876
>Will they finally stop making "colorless" sets?

As soon as they figure out that you shouldn't make aggressively costed colorless creatures, AKA never
>>
>>53233460
They just need to cut it with the fucking eldrazi already.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.