[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why all the hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_7180.jpg (115KB, 705x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7180.jpg
115KB, 705x499px
They don't really deserve all the shit they get. Also I guess a space wolf thread
>>
>>53158171

Because their lore was raped. Old space wolves were vikings in space who had a desire to protect civilians, fought bravely, and knew how to have a good time.

New space wolves are written like furry larpers who just go "dude wolves lmao" and act like shameful faggots.
>>
>>53158171
Because of the excessive amount of "Wolf Lord Wolfen Wolfsson of Wolved Wolven Wolf" they've been getting lately.

Also, because Thousand Sons players are jealous and bitter assholes over the fact that even their Primarch can't beat the Rout.
>>
File: WhatInTheWolf.jpg (108KB, 394x1600px) Image search: [Google]
WhatInTheWolf.jpg
108KB, 394x1600px
>>53158250
>>
File: mfw.jpg (31KB, 170x204px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
31KB, 170x204px
>>53158171
>nuviking fanbase
>furry fanbase
>space narines fanbase

>my chapter is unique because
>my psykers are unique because
>my planet is unique because
>my tech is unique because
>my primarch and all his sons have a special connection with wolves
>my wolves are unique because
>>
>>53158250
As a Thousand Sons fan, I can say that some are probably butthurt about that yes, but that's hardly all of it.

You see, the Wolves have an uncompromising and insatiable bloodlust with a kneejerk reaction for publicity stunts to create a sugar coat on the destruction they bring, and no concept of the future other than the maintenance of their dominance. As such, those whose lives are not entirely consumed by combat will always look down on them. This ties into the "noble savages" image that people are getting increasingly sick of due to overdose. And I cannot express just how thoroughly retarded the wolfwolfwolf is in their codex.
>>
>>53158553
>d.Assblasted traitor
Shoulda just obeyed the Emperor, then you'd get to win battles instead of being everyone's bottom bitch.
>>
File: best primarch.jpg (13KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
best primarch.jpg
13KB, 215x300px
>>53158171
it's the other legions really, how can a wolf even compete?
>>
They used to be cool. Then they started riding wolves.
>>
>>53158171
I don't get it, if you ride the wolves and harness their them in battle so i'm assuming you've tamed the beast to some level,
but then you wear the pelts of said wolves like you defeated it in battle?

What gives?
>>
>>53158650
I hope Khan's FW model gets those boots.
>>
>>53158171
Because they used to be cool. Then I grew up.
>>
>>53158171

For the same reason people hate Ultramarines.

People always hate the best. Plucky underdogs that don't ever get shit done are always more popular.
>>
>>53158725
>What gives?
It's simple. The ones that can be tamed are put to work, the ones that can't are put to use as clothing.
Also it helps keep the tame ones in order.
>>
>>53158725
It's not like all the animals of Fenris have been tamed
It's also part of the rites of passage of a Space Wolves to find a wild wolf and defeat him without weapons or protections
Ragnar Blackmane has that name because (being a named character thus he must be more awesome than anyone else in the fluff) he was able to defeat an uncommonly big, black wolf
>>
>>53158709
>implying riding bigger and more dangerous animals than horses isn't a staple characteristic of badasses in fantasy, of which category WH40k is part
>>
>>53158171
They're Mary Sues. See >>53158444 nice trips btw
The few flaws they had at first (their hypocrisy about psykers or the fact they're fucking barbarians uncivilized barbarians for instance) have been progressively erased and/or are ignored, a bit like with the Tau. Add the (now overused noble) savage theme to the dindunofin and the wolfwolfwolfing, and you get an obnoxious chapter
>>
>>53158796
No. They took the wolf thing too far riding them.

Only goblins should be riding wolves.
>>
>>53158809
>having big quadrupeds of murder
>not riding them

I can assure you that if Blood Angels had big bats of murder or Dark Angels had big gay monks of murder they would be riding them too
And they should
>>
>>53158444
Thats a thing that can be said about any sm chapter
>>
>>53158444

>numonks fanbase
>gay fanbase
>space narines fanbase

>my terminators are unique because
>my bikers are unique because
>my lack of planet is unique because
>my fallens are unique because
>nuvampires fanbase
>trap fanbase
>space narines fanbase

>my primarch is the best one because
>my psykers are unique because
>my dreadnought are unique because
>my planet is unique because
>my marines have a special condition that turn them into murder machines because
>my vehicles are fast and unique because
>>
>>53158932
The fact that you had to merge legions didnt bother you? Somehow the obvious conclusion people would draw flew over your head?
>>
>>53158947
The DA one has as many points as the SW, while the BA have more
>>
>>53158171
They changed werewolves in power armor for *rises paw* mutant furries with freeze guns
>>
>>53158171
Because, unfortunately for them, 4chan had a crusade against furries, not traps, Twilight, gays or monks

Not to say that that crusade wasn't justified, but the SW were unlucky enough to be branded with that word that has become verboten on the site

Thus now any reason is good to attack them, even thought none of their characteristics is particularly worse than the ones the other chapters have

The fact that during 5th edition their codex was "vanilla marines but better" didn't help
>>
>>53158250
>Because of the excessive amount of "Wolf Lord Wolfen Wolfsson of Wolved Wolven Wolf" they've been getting lately.

This is probably the most common complaint I hear about them but could everyone just not... take 40k so seriously?
>>
File: Kinky-Boots-London-TT-inline.png (203KB, 680x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kinky-Boots-London-TT-inline.png
203KB, 680x300px
>>53158733
>>
>>53159031
The thing I really don't understand about that is that the Blood Angels aren't that much better in that regard, yet they are never called out for it
>>
>>53159064
I've never considered that, but I suppose it's because SW are more popular and tg loves to be contrarian
>>
>>53159031
There is a difference between a good joke and a bad joke.
>>
>>53159031

But people loved the old lore that wasn't serious. Now it's meant to be serious, but it's a bigger joke than before.

That is why they gate the hate. Because at one point their lore was interesting, now it's such an obvious furry fapbait fanfic that it shits on everything that made them unique. Like Tau were meant to pander to weebs, I guess GW found out furries have a ton of disposable income and decided to pander to them.
>>
File: 1212172091100.jpg (222KB, 600x600px)
1212172091100.jpg
222KB, 600x600px
>>53159031
It's hard when that shit is literally being shoved into our faces everywhere SW go. In the fluff, on the tabletop, and worst of all, the people that play them. I can't even remember the last time I met a SW player that knew how to control their power level.
>>
>>53158798

Where has the thing about the Rune Priests thinking their power comes from Fenris rather than the warp been erased or ignored? It's ultimately something that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things because it's a Chapter belief and every Chapter has those.

>>53158809

Thunderwolves are fine to me since one of the things they love to stress about Fenris is how tough it's wildlife is. 40k is a space fantasy setting, wolves can be ridden.

>>53158932

There is actually nothing really unique about Baal.
>>
>>53159064
Blood Angels are vanilla Marines + a few extra things (WOW, a marine painted in black, a melta on a Dread and a faster Rhino, so unique!)
Space Wolves have their own special organization (even if we don't count their own special snowflake units, they changed the name of classic units just to put 'wolf', 'fang' or 'claw' in it), wolf riders, stormwolves/stormfangs, have overall better rules than classic marines just because, they don't use the Warp contrary to 99,99% of the Imperium, and so on
>>
>>53158171
>Also I guess a space wolf thread
I read it as 'spare wolf' and it fits perfectly
>>
>>53159264
>Where has the thing about the Rune Priests thinking their power comes from Fenris rather than the warp been erased or ignored?
the Thousand Sons supplement showed that SW were right and don't use the Warp, only the energies of a daemon trapped on Fenris, or something like this
>>
>>53159298
>SW were right and don't use the Warp, only the energies of a daemon trapped on Fenris
That sounds more heretical than just tapping into warp energy like all psykers do
>>
>>53159298

Isn't using daemon energy still using the warp? Daemons are made of the warp, so using their energy is using warp energy. It's like a cultist saying he doesn't use warp energy, just the energy of the chaos gods.
>>
>>53159313
I agree, it's pure sorcery - the very thing they disliked the TS for.
But it's okay when Space Wolves do it
>>
>>53159280
>have overall better rules than classic marines just because
Except that was true in 5th edition, now they are so ridiculously weaker than vanilla or DA that the only reason they are taken is for their WGBL and Iron Priest to add a bit of punch to their Black Knights unit buffed by the librarius conclave
>>
>>53159331
Shamanism =/= Sorcery
>>
>>53159298
>>53159313
Yes but because Wrath of Magnus was written by a Space Wolf fanboy, drawing upon the power of a minor warp god and wielding "tamed" Khornate Daemon weapons is somehow not at all heretical and will most certainly not lead to any long term corruption by chaos.

Basically all of Wrath of Magnus is one giant Space Wolf wank piece.
>>
>>53159339
Channeling power of spirits (and daemons are spirits) is sorcery. Eldar spiritstone technology is sorcery.
>>
>>53159328
It's actually much worse, if you're just drawing raw warp energy like most librarians do (pre-heresy Thousand Sons even for the most part) then you certainly risk corruption but then it's a matter of being overpowered by an external force, by drawing your power from a warp entity you're leaving the door open for it to completely fuck you and everyone you care about (like what happened to Magnus).

But Space Wolves never have to suffer the consequences of their bad decisions so nothing will come of it. Even when they do supposedly suffer (Wulfen) it ends up being a boon anyway.
>>
>>53159350
>>53159362
Sorcery is corrupting. The Space Wolf Magicks are pure and primal. They are the bane of Chaos.
>>
>>53158250

>Mock psykers and have your own with some delusional bullshit of how it's not really psykers (which is probably the worst thing to do, worse than having pyskers who know what it is).
>Get tricked by Horus but never held to account for it

If they are presented as flawed bloodthirsty savages then cool. If they try and pass off as noble savages who dindu nuffin then not cool. As of right now they are 2nd place with the Ultramarines for oversaturated favoritism.

I actually dont mind the wolfing at all. It's more that they are given disproportionate favoritism.

>>53159339

Bitch if your magic is coming from a daemon then you are dealing in matters of the warp. And dealing in it in a worse way than just using warp energy.
>>
>>53159382

Go to bed Logan Grimnar.
>>
>>53159371
The World Wolf Spirit is a benevolent entity that's cares little for things outside of Fenris. It's the soul of the planet and it cares only for its own.
>>
>>53159388
>>53159382
Yeah fuck off you Khorne Daemon axe wielding closet Chaos worshiper.
>>
>>53159383
>>Get tricked by Horus but never held to account for it

The Emperor told Horus to tell Russ to go after Magnus. Horus changed a minor detail when he delivered the message. Blame Horus for being a dick and blame the Emperor for choosing Horus as his messenger, not Russ.

Also Russ was there when the Emperor threatened Magnus with death if he caught him using sorcery. So Russ had less than zero reason to question Horus or the Emperor.
>>
>>53159382
>Sorcery is corrupting
Not for Mary Sue
>>
>>53159383
>Get tricked by Horus but never held to account for it
The post HH situation was too much unstable and, well, chaotic to risk a new war by excomunicating another legion

Russ blamed himself enough too, to the point that the SW went from "the executioners of the Emperor" to one of the chapters that treat civilians the nicest
>>
>>53159393
>>53159382
See this shit right here is the stuff people hate Space Wolves for, they get to break the rules of the setting (all warp entities are evil) with no consequences.
>>
File: Arjac Rockfist Reforges the Axe.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Arjac Rockfist Reforges the Axe.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>53159395
The Axe doesn't contain a daemon. It contains a portion of Khorne's power.

The Arjac Rockfist and those before him used runes and a ritual fueled by the spirits if Fenris to tame the Khornate shard locked within and render the axe safe for its wielder. Harnessing the dark power but without the corrupting properties
>>
>>53159426
But Cegoragh and Isha are good if a bit of a dick the former
>>
>>53159426
>(all warp entities are evil) with no consequences.

Non-evil warp entities
1-Ynnead
2-Cegorach
3-Isha
4-Gork and Mork (Neutral)
5-The various shards of the Emperor like Imperius the Solar Priest
6-Gyre the Shadow Wolf
7-The Great World Wolf Spirit of Fenris
>>
>>53159465
>1-Ynnead
>2-Cegorach
>non-evil
Are you even trying, pup?
>>
>>53158171
Because they've become worse than the Ultramarines were in their heyday. Their leader wields a daemon weapon made from a shard of Khorne's armor, they worship warlike wolf spirits, they've openly told the Imperium to go fuck itself multiple times, and yet all of this is downplayed both OOC and in the setting itself. If they were an OC chapter people would be calling this out for the bullshit it is but since it's Space Wolves and 1d4chan says they're cool everybody just goes with it.
>>
>>53159454
Again, Space Wolves get to break the rules and somehow not get corrupted by the all corrupting powers of Chaos while drawing on their power.

>>53159476
Add Gork and Mork to that as well. Not only that but the only vaguely non evil warp entities are Eldar in origin and they're implied to be partially physical or not organically created in the warp.
>>
>>53159454
Right so why don't the Grey Knights just hand over the Blade of Antwyr to the Space Wolves if they can bend the power of the Dark Gods to their will?
>>
>>53159579
Obviously because the runes have not foretold a use for that blade in the hands of a champion of Fenris.
>>
>>53159620
Well isn't that convenient, almost as if this was plot bullshit made to make the Space Wolves look good at the cost of creating plot holes, thus necessitating some vague bullshit answer about fate and runes.
>>
>>53159477
>but since it's Space Wolves and 1d4chan says they're cool everybody just goes with it.

You're acting like hating SW isn't one of the main 40k /tg/ meme
>>
>>53158985

New Wulfen just seem like a different interpretation, their bodies have grown in such a way that power armor either doesn't fit or restrains them in some manner. I actually like what they did with the legs.

>>53159298

That still sounds like the Warp because in all likelihood the spirits of Fenris are warp entities. It's not entirely unheard of, it sounds similar to the world spirits that the Exodites have and use to protect their souls. The only is that it may be theoretically safer since instead of drawing directly from the Warp, they're drawing from it through entities of Fenris.

People getting upset over Grimnir using a weapon of Khorne seem like they're mad over Space Wolves doing their own thing by ritually purifying the axe and thinking it's fine to use. I don't see anything saying that this isn't going to bite them in ass at some point, Wrath of Magnus makes it evident the weapon is not entirely pure.

As far as I'm aware the idea of somehow purifying Chaos weapons or items is rarely brought up, more often than not it's a case of someone thinking that can use Chaos against Chaos and because of their will and/or faith they'll be fine.
>>
>>53159579
Because the Grey Knights hate the SW and would never hand one of their weapon to them to work on?
>>
>>53159662
/tg/ and 1d4chan are very different entities now, the latter seems to have a lot more influence on newbies in the hobby.

>>53159671
The Grey Knights are as utilitarian as it gets, they'd totally hand over that sword if it meant containing it.
>>
>>53158171
Because if we're not contrarians we're nothing.
>>
>>53159579

I imagine the SW don't go around broadcasting that they took a weapon from a champion of Khorne and use it after performing a ritual on it.

For all anybody knows this could be a plot point in the new edition or Grimnir may be forced to give up the axe.
>>
>>53158171
new and old space wolves are fine, the only people they get hate from are thousand son players because they are uber neck beards and iron hands, white scars and sneakie beaky players because the space wolves get more attention from them. space wolves are by far the most popular unique marine army so there is that too, more chance for dooshe players. i say this as a space wolf player
>>
>>53159756
>Space Wolves are the best and anyone who criticizes them is just jealous
>By the way I play Space Wolves

Right that's really convincing, definitely doesn't sound like some 13 year old defending his mary sue OC.
>>
>>53159778
Or someone trolling as hard as he can
>>
>>53159778
i am a dooshe bag as a person but my army does not deserve the hate, i never said they were the best, they just sell the best and are the most popular, apart from generic marines.

why do the blood angles never get this kind of hate anyway
>muh unique mutations make me a berserker and think im a primarch
>muh speedy rhynos
>muh vampire mc vampy bloody drink blodd drinkers alucard
>>
>>53159797
Because those are fun ideas that aren't held on a pedestal by retards?
>>
>>53159797
Probably because of the Lamenters, and the general fact that they die and suffer for their mutations. Though they do suffer from some blood blood bloodness It's nothing compared to the wolf wolf wolfyness of the world wolf wolf fang claw wolf ice wolf wolf wolfson of the Space Wolves and the vampire things in general just isn't as in your face.

Speedy rhinos is also pretty innocuous compared to wolf sleds and wolf cavalry.
>>
>>53159382
This is why people hate Space Wolves. This is called being a blatant Mary Sue chapter
>>
>>53159797
>i never said they were the best, they just sell the best and are the most popular, apart from generic marines.
what's the argument here? 'They're popular so surely they can't be that bad?'

>why do the blood angles never get this kind of hate anyway
because BA have actual flaws that they acknowledge and try to overcome, while SW have no flaws because the writers don't allows them not to be perfect parangons.
>>
>>53159845
>because BA have actual flaws that they acknowledge and try to overcome, while SW have no flaws because the writers don't allows them not to be perfect parangons.

>wulfen
>the most flawed gene seed, one so bad they need animal dna to get it to work

>needing flaws to be a good chapter
go back to your marry sueing
>>
>>53159662
I remember space wolves being worshiped for years up until the mary sue bullshit started, with even the "wolfy wolfness of the wolf" shtick only getting eye rolls and mourning for the loss of the space viking theme, instead of the open hate for what's going on now and the greater implications it has on what the setting is turning into. Also what >>53159687 said, modern /tg/ openly hates 1d4chan and for good reason (being a cesspit of shitty overdone memes and completely missing the point on basically everything)
>>
>>53159797
Mental diseases are fun. Black rage is hilarious. And they do not start sparking under sunlight due to it. Meanwhile nuwulven grow fucking paws.
>>
>>53159877
>>needing flaws to be a good chapter
>>>needing flaws to be a good chapter
>>>>needing flaws to be a good chapter
Space Wolf players ladies and gents.
>>
File: The_Wulfen_In_Battle.jpg (315KB, 1280x816px) Image search: [Google]
The_Wulfen_In_Battle.jpg
315KB, 1280x816px
>>53159893
they are turning into animals, what did you want them to do? its better then being an autistic retard screaming 'IM SANGUINIUS GIVE ME MORE BLOOD I NEED IT TO WATER MY CORN FLAKES"
>>
>>53159756
>i say this as a space wolf player
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>53159938
That picture gave me cancer. This is why no one likes SW anymore..
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 251x200px)
images.jpg
3KB, 251x200px
>>53159930
You dropped something
>>
>>53158767
*Are always more popular with the 1% hardcore fans.
>>
>>53158171
Love space wolves as long as you ignore the ludicrous amount of "wolf" named or related things

Keep them as Vikings with a slight wolf motif in space and theyre fine
>>
>>53159877
And yet in the end the wulfen worked out fine for them in the end.

>>53159938
I don't know, be proper Imperials and purge the mutant?
>>
File: 40kArmies1.png (145KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
40kArmies1.png
145KB, 800x605px
>>53159953
>no one likes SW anymore..
their army alone makes up 25% so they must be doing something right

Ork master race posting
>>
>don't follow the codex but it's ok
>disrespect the inquisition but it's ok
>have mutants among their ranks but it's ok
>use unsanctioned sorcery but it's ok
>deal with daemons but it's ok
>use chaos artifacts but it's ok
>have unique technologies but it's ok
>slaughter brothers but it's ok

They are even more mary sue than grey knights, custodes and ultramarines
>>
>>53159978
tell that to the BA their primarch was afraid the emperor would sick russ and his wolves onto them because of their flaws and mutations, thats cannon by the way.
>>
>>53159992
They're less popular than almost every other flavor of marine (vanilla, chaos, red and grey).
They only beat Daethwatch and Dark Angels, hardly "the most popular unique marine army".
>>
>>53159667
Bite them in the ass? Bitch, please, Fulgrim, Horus and Mortarion fell after less than a month of contact with much weaker chaos artefacts, but chief sue of space yiffs can carry damn piece of Khorne for 700 years and use his mary powers to show middle finger to how whole setting works despite doing things that pretty define Khorne worship on daily basis, yiff!
>>
>>53160011
Yes see this is exactly what makes the BA more appealing than the SW, they actually have to fear their mutations and work to rid themselves of them, sending those who succumb to them on suicide missions so that they can get rid of them while being useful.

Meanwhile Space Wolves tried once, got fucked by Magnus and now seem to have totally embraced their chapters mutations, they even ride some of their former mutant brothers into battle.
>>
>>53159994
>don't follow the codex but it's ok
neither do the blood angles, dark angles, white scars, or salamanders
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_Astartes
why is this a bad thing, they were killing billions for nothing
>have mutants among their ranks but it's ok
see every single space marine chapter that is not dark angles or ultramarines
>use unsanctioned sorcery but it's ok
SW litterally slaughter sorcerers on mass seing as their hpome world keeps getting attacked by them, but ok
>deal with daemons but it's ok
name a single time that happened ever in the canon
>use chaos artifacts but it's ok
the only possible maybe you get on that is logans axe which was cleansed as a fuck you to chaos and proof that you can come back from the darkness
>have unique technologies but it's ok
ill take what is, every single space marine chapter leader for $200
>slaughter brothers but it's ok
its pretty well established that the dark angles and SW have honour battles to the death annually, so what?
Do you even read the canon?
>>
>>53160056
please read this post
>>53159957
>>
>>53159797
They don't get hate because their special stuff is tragic/comes with massive drawbacks, unlike muh dindu-nuthin-no-sorcery-lol hipocrisy that despite being utter bullshit is somehow true and they really get to use Chaos without being corrupted at all, have special yiff spirits casting spells for them.

Oh, and their corrupted marines (despite being shit yiff ballerina models, not good looking ones like Death Company) get to use their special snowflake alien-ice weapons to get AP2 with massive Str bonus at initiative (because ice can fucking cut metal with ease, eh?) and have mary sue rules that make them not die even to Str D strikes. Gee, you can sure just flex your yiffmuscles and ignore being vaporized, eh?
>>
>>53160063
>why is this a bad thing, they were killing billions for nothing
Because unlike other organizations that do that they haven't suffered any signficant consequences.
>see every single space marine chapter that is not dark angles or ultramarines
none of them have anything even close to the Wulfen apart from maybe the Black Dragons or the Flame Falcons, and the latter of them got purged while the former is on thin ice and generally avoids the inquisition instead of waving their dicks in the Inquisition's face.
>SW litterally slaughter sorcerers on mass seing as their hpome world keeps getting attacked by them, but ok
And that's relevant to their hypocritical use of sorcery how exactly?.
>name a single time that happened ever in the canon
Logan's axe.
>the only possible maybe you get on that is logans axe which was cleansed as a fuck you to chaos and proof that you can come back from the darkness
Except the axe still clearly has Khorne's power in it.
>its pretty well established that the dark angles and SW have honour battles to the death annually, so what?
Not gonna bring up the time Logan killed a Grey Knight Grand Master over some civilians without even giving the guy a chance to fight?
>>
>>53159893
Yeah, the concept of the black rage is metal as fuck.
>>
>>53160121
>Because unlike other organizations that do that they haven't suffered any signficant consequences.
they had the grey knights sent after them and they kicked the shit out of each other, SW only winning because their fulll chapter of 4000 ish marines against the 1000 or less greyknights
>none of them have anything even close to the Wulfen apart from maybe the Black Dragons or the Flame Falcons, and the latter of them got purged while the former is on thin ice and generally avoids the inquisition instead of waving their dicks in the Inquisition's face.
why is the red thirst and black rage seen as "minor" mutations they are all mutations
>And that's relevant to their hypocritical use of sorcery how exactly?.
they dont use sorcery, they actively hunt them down
>Logan's axe.
still waiting on your proof, for the axe it was taken from a chaos space marine, please read some of the canon before you spout this bullshit
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Morkai_(Axe)
>Except the axe still clearly has Khorne's power in it.
what makes you say that? because it hurt magnus? if it was that easy then any khorne army could take the TS down
>Not gonna bring up the time Logan killed a Grey Knight Grand Master over some civilians without even giving the guy a chance to fight?
you already brought up the SW grey knight battle, i never refuted that, why would they give the uber marines a chance when grey knights are pound for pound the best space marines ever?
>>
File: 24 (1).jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
24 (1).jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
>>53160226
>they had the grey knights sent after them and they kicked the shit out of each other, SW only winning because their fulll chapter of 4000 ish marines against the 1000 or less greyknights
Do you understand what "signficant consequences" means?
>why is the red thirst and black rage seen as "minor" mutations they are all mutations
Because they're only psychological, Space Wolves are literally turning into
>they dont use sorcery, they actively hunt them down
They drawn their powers from a warp entity, that's what sorcery is, they're hypocrites clean and simple.
>still waiting on your proof, for the axe it was taken from a chaos space marine, please read some of the canon before you spout this bullshit
See the attached picture, It's khornate.
>what makes you say that? because it hurt magnus? if it was that easy then any khorne army could take the TS down
What even is this non-sequitor?
>why would they give the uber marines a chance when grey knights are pound for pound the best space marines ever?
I don't know about that, the Space Wolves seem to kick the Grey Knights asses every time they fight. Almost as if they have a horrifying amount of plot armour.
>>
>>53160298
>Do you understand what "signficant consequences" means?
how the fuck is having the entire grey knights and inquisition sent after you to kill you not significant? what more do you want? does the emperor himself need to leave the golden thrown and tell them off too?
>Because they're only psychological, Space Wolves are literally turning into
the reply to your post will be my last, read the fucking cannon, they turn into pale monsters from he red thirst
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Thirst
>They drawn their powers from a warp entity, that's what sorcery is, they're hypocrites clean and simple.
this is getting cringe worthy, in 40k thats not what sorcery is, sorcery uses tzeetches very own power as he is the god of sorcery, its a very niche part of the warp, SW do not do this
>See the attached picture, It's khornate.
read ragnars claw, its a book, its canon and rtell exctly what happened, it came from a chaos champion, those are 99% of the time space marines or demon princes, in this case it was a marine
>What even is this non-sequitor?
in no canon at all does it say that logans axe still has khornes power, at all, the axe was reforged and cleasend, it even says that in your very own picture
>I don't know about that, the Space Wolves seem to kick the Grey Knights asses every time they fight. Almost as if they have a horrifying amount of plot armour.
id love to see any space marine chapter at full force except black templars take on the full force of 4000+ SW plus a full 1000 ish wulfen. none would stand a chance just from the numbers game alone, the only one who does is BT because they have something like 7000+ marines
im stopping now, read the canon, im sick of saying it and im sick of proving your bullshit wrong
>>
>>53160063
>why is that a bad thing, they were killing billions for nothing
Do you even know why the Inquisition exists in the first place? They don't "kill millions for nuthin'". They kill millions of soldiers who have been exposed to Chaos, the darkest, most horrific lovecraftian entities imaginable, a power known for its extremely corrupting presence. The Inquisition don't kill you cause "muh-muh heretic", they kill you cause you will probably be possesd by a daemon within the next couple years. They aren't "bad", they are necessary for the survival of the imperium.
>>
>>53160487
>Do you even know why the Inquisition exists in the first place?
No of course he doesnt hes a SW fanboi.
>>
>>53158171
Because they used to have character, now all they have is wolves.... Weirdly this seems to be what happens when GW tries to give expand upon any previous lore
>>
>>53160423
>how the fuck is having the entire grey knights and inquisition sent after you to kill you not significant? what more do you want? does the emperor himself need to leave the golden thrown and tell them off too?
The key word here is consequences, in all these cases nothing significantly bad has happend to the cahpter, theyy just have a little scuffle and then it's back to buisness as usual.
What happened to the Celestial Lions was consequences, this is just another way of aggrandizing the space wolves even more by having them kick the Inquisition's and Grey Knights asses.
>they turn into pale monsters from he red thirst
Pale skin is a bit different from literally turning into a wolf, besides the Blood Angels actually deal with them by sending them on suicide missions to get rid of them.
>this is getting cringe worthy, in 40k thats not what sorcery is, sorcery uses tzeetches very own power as he is the god of sorcery, its a very niche part of the warp, SW do not do this
So Sorcerers of Slaanesh or Nurgle aren't actually practicing sorcery? No that's obviously not the case, sorcery is just any psychic power that relies on rituals and drawing your power from a warp entity.
>read ragnars claw, its a book, its canon and rtell exctly what happened, it came from a chaos champion, those are 99% of the time space marines or demon princes, in this case it was a marine
Nigga are you even literate? I said it was KHORNATE not that it literally belonged to khorne, that means that it contains khones power, which is what the picture I posted was about.
>in no canon at all does it say that logans axe still has khornes power, at all, the axe was reforged and cleasend, it even says that in your very own picture
It doesn't say that it was cleansed just reforged, it even says in the present tense that it is imbued with Khorne's power. And the fact that it can overcome Magnus' wards clearly shows it still has Khornate juju in it.
>>
>>53160423
>this is getting cringe worthy, in 40k thats not what sorcery is, sorcery uses tzeetches very own power as he is the god of sorcery
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Never change yiffers never change.
>>
>>53160584
It's almost like he's an actual in universe Space Wolf with the amount of ignorance and hypocrisy he's demonstrating.
>>
>>53159938

The Black Rage is kind of interesting for how it shows the psychic abilities of Sanguinius having an effect via gene seed and/or his blood.

>>53160056

The Wulfen seem easier to manage then those who suffer from the Black Rage and if they go full animal it's easy to just let them go on Fenris with all the other shit waiting to kill people.

>>53160121

Space Marine Chapters can get away with not kissing the Inquisition's ass because they are not easily replaceable. That is why it's always mentioned that while Inquisitors can technically command a Chapter to aid them, they know it's better to request assistance. They may have to be extra careful with any of the First Founding Chapters since they predate the Inquisition.
>>
>>53159564
I was under the impression that there used to be benevolent human gods in the warp as well, just not as strong/notable as the Eldar ones, but they also got gobled by daemons. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for there to NOT be any benevolent ones.
>>
>>53160752
I mean mabe but throughout the lore it's implied that humans are uniquely close to the Chaos Gods, with mankind having significantly contributed to the birth of 3/4 of the Chaos gods.
So other than the Emperor I think they kinds are the human warp gods.
>>
I love SW, I've loved them since before 4th, when they were all razorwolves spam, and grey hunters were some of the best troops In the game, because of true grit bs. I still love them.

That said, I'm not going to pretend that their fluff hasn't become fucking terrible. The old wulfen models made sense, I can see any SM chapter recognizing hairier versions of themselves as brothers. The new ones... I don't understand why they're so ridiculously powerful, or why they didn't get executed like any SW who got to that level of mutation used to be. I liked when their rivalry with the DA was, fluff-wise, supposed to have had them build respect for each other. They need Bjorn to kick their asses In to line more often. When they woke him up to ask what to do about the war they started with the inquisition, he told them to cut the bullshit, and invited the inquisition over to talk shit out. They actually weren't sure whether or not to even wake Bjorn up with the Wulfen thing, they probably knew he'd beat them to death with a bag of wolves.

Again I love space wolves, and because I fucking love them, I cannot defend bullshit mary-sue lore about them. I don't care If It's my favorite faction, or any faction, when It gets to the point where they can do whatever they want and have no consequences, It's unhealthy to the whole setting. I'm fine with people hating the newer layers of crap lore, and shit talking SW players who try to defend It. Just hate on the bad lore, hate on idiotic players that think It's good, just don't hate the SW.
>>
>>53161206
As a Thousand Sons player I think the both of us can agree: Fuck Phil Kelly.
>>
>>53159797
>hating on Blood Angels
Do furfaggots no no bounds?
>>muh unique mutations make me a berserker and think im a primarch
Ok? And? It's a massive flaw and a drawback they'd be happy to get rid of, also something that is actually constantly hampering them because they have to recruit more often.
>>muh speedy rhynos
And? Are you just being retarded for the sake of being retarded?
>>muh vampire mc vampy bloody drink blodd drinkers alucard
Not really. The vampire theme is prevalent yet subtle enough that it just adds flavor to them. Contrast space yiffs who are literal dog fuckers.
>>
It's the wolf thing. "Wolf McWolfson fanged his prey with his wolffangs and claw his wolf wolfington wolfwolfwolfwolfwolfwolf." It went from thematic to flying off the deep end of silliness. It's honestly a struggle to find something in the codex without wolf, fang or claw in the name. I'm still surprised space wolves don't have their own version of bolters called Howlers or some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>53161241
Yes. Absolutely. I liked when the SW used to be hinted at as seeing Prospero as a huge fuckup, and they couldn't face the reality of what they did, so they just lied to themselves that they were right. Not this new crap where they insist and actually beleive they were right all along and still are.
>>
File: 40k DA psa.jpg (65KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
40k DA psa.jpg
65KB, 500x687px
>>53160423
>i-i'm right!
>r-read the c-canon!
>i d-don't want to p-play anymore!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING DOGFUCKERS
>>
>>53160650
Kek, underrated post.
>>
>>53160423
>how the fuck is having the entire grey knights and inquisition sent after you to kill you not significant? what more do you want? does the emperor himself need to leave the golden thrown and tell them off too?
Because they subsequently fucking kicked their shit in, do you get it? they got out on top DESPITE having the grey motherfucking knights sent after them, that is not called suffering consequences you doof
>>
File: Megathumb.jpg (187KB, 1200x970px) Image search: [Google]
Megathumb.jpg
187KB, 1200x970px
>>53161206
Underrated post. This is how I feel about a lot of 40k.
>>
>>53161206
This. I'm also a SW player and I mirror this sentiment. DA and SW are supposed to be friendly rivals, not outright enemies.

They're a dying chapter anyway, so what does it matter?
>>
>>53158796
It's painfully dumb.
>Be a warrior with inch thick tougher than steal powered armor
>Rude in the back of a normal ass clean and blood creature
>Somehow this makes you better at fighting instead of worse
Thunder wolf cavalry is retarded when you've got easy access to tanks.
Even the Mongol chapter rides bikes instead of going full retard and riding space horses.
>>
>>53161886
It's almost like 40k worked depending on what is cool, and not what is practical
A truely shocking news
>>
>>53161886
>instead of going full retard and riding space horses.
Don't go giving GW any ideas now.

>>53161851
>They're a dying chapter anyway, so what does it matter?
Well now that they're dying they can be given a soft reboot, have some kind of space wolf reformation where they reject all the wolfy crap like thunderwolves and wulfen and they get cool new sculpts with properly viking looking armour (mostly I want those sexy helmets) and stuff.

Wulfen are still kind of a new model kit so they together with all the thunderwolf carp can become their own renegade mini faction à la AoS.

BTW this is coming from a Thousand Sons player, I want to have a less laughable looking arch enemy.
>>
>>53161930
It's not cool. It's dumb.
If BA got bat riders, or ultramarines got lion riders to prove how much cooler they are than space wolves, that'd be retarded to.

40k has honestly been scraping the bottom of the barrel creatively speaking for about a decade.
>>
>>53160051
>Magnus was a bastard. Magnus was a liar. Magnus would look you in the eye and lecture you while he blundered through the immaterium like a raging konungur. Hel, we always knew more than him- what to touch, what not. Our bone-rattlers knew more than him, There's intelligence, and there's hubris. I don't grieve for Magnus, not for a second

-The Wolf King

Unlike the other Primarchs and Legions, the Space Wolves have a culture that revolves around shamanism and hatred towards sorcery. They would recognize instantly a tainted artifact and then they would try to bind it with runes or destroy it. Either way, the power of Chaos within will be removed as a threat.
>>
>>53161975
>less laughable looking arch enemy.
That would definitely suck. Like having your bad ass thousand year old sorcerer defeated by Scooby Doo and Co.
>>
>>53161996
I'd say that's mostly in regards to loyalist Space Marines, GW wants to expand their model range but the lore is quite restrictive in that regard so you end up with retarded shit like thunderwolf cavalry.

Would have been better if they went the FW route and made loads of alternate sculpts for essential the same units.
>>
>>53162015
>culture that revolves around shamanism and hatred towards sorcery.
The fact that this is a thing is also painfully stupid.
>>
>>53162048
>Would have been better if they went the FW route and made loads of alternate sculpts for essential the same units
Agreed.
Stuff like centurion armor and gk's baby carrier should never have happened.
>>
File: IMG_2656.png (124KB, 503x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2656.png
124KB, 503x146px
>>53160423
Dark angels are a legion. They'd poop all over them. The ultra marines and blood angels also have their successors that would come lend a hand as well.
Lmaoing@yourlife yiff fag
>>
They are fucking mutants.
>>
>>53158171
Leman Russ is a cunt, always has been a cunt and always will be a cunt. Once the prophesied "Wolftime" begins, it will be the day of the collar for the whole flearidden bunch.
>>
>>53159992
>did you even math bro
What the fuck is that fucking graph ?
>>
>>53162687
It's how many percentage of the people surveyed owned a particular army, remember that people can and often do own several armies.
>>
>>53162687
You do get the concept of having multiple armies?
>>
>>53158210
This. I still play them like the days of old though.
>>
File: 1450506278304.jpg (11KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1450506278304.jpg
11KB, 297x275px
If your primarch is so great, why didn't they name the single greatest tank in the galaxy after him?
>>
>>53163326
Congratulations you had a tractor named after your primarch, meanwhile the Macharius and Malcador are vastly superior tanks and are both named after humans.
>>
>>53158171
Space Wolves are awesome. Is their primark that ruins them.
>>
>>53161851
I sure hope they somehow make it back or survive regardless.
I do enjoy deploying my TS against my friend who likes SW, it would be a shame to no longer have the eternal rivalry matches.
>>
File: 40k keks.jpg (69KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
40k keks.jpg
69KB, 680x462px
>>53163326
If yours is, why didn't they make a holiday honoring him?
>>
>>53158171

I loved the Ragnar Blackmane novels by William King while I was in Middle School and High School.

But now they've pretty much become a super parody with all the wolves.
>>
>>53158725
>>53158778
"There are no wolves on Fenris, except for the Space Wolves. "

Once you understand this tidbit of lore you should understand just how emperordamned retarded their newish wolf fetish is.
>>
>>53158171
>They don't really deserve all the shit they get
Those filthy mutants deserve all of it and more
>>
File: KaldorDraigo.jpg (36KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
KaldorDraigo.jpg
36KB, 600x620px
>>53159454
>Harnessing the dark power but without the corrupting properties
Sounds familiar
>>
>>53158171
Yiff in hell
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 277x296px
>>53160650
He is a sad and strange little man.
>>
>>53162130
You forgot Last Wall.
>>53163326
There was a primarch named Blaneblade?
>>53163401
This story is a myth.The Leman Russ is a crappy tank,but it never was a tractor.
>>
>>53167143
Shhhh. Keep quiet or the Inquisition will hear.
If they get word of that we're talking about the lost primarch Banebl
>>
>>53167204
you made me think of that old Candlejack me
>>
>>53167282
The Candlejack meme was what I was goi
>>
>>53167282
>>53167374
Candlejack? Who is th
>>
>>53167645
So nostalgic
>>
>>53158171
They used to be cool space vikings with fangs who drank and partied kicking ass.

Now they are shells of what they once were. But now with more wolves.
>>
>>53158798

The term Mary Sues gets tossed about far to commonly.
>>
>>53162086
Well, non dreadnought walker as a concept is fine, but the execution was awful.
>>
>>53158171
It is because of fucking furries ruining their lore. I like them in the old lore, but the new one. Hell no!
>>
>>53158444
Almost every chapter has some degree - typically a very large degree - of "my X is unique because". Blood Angels get psyker dreadnoughts with force weapons and their own patterns of vehicles for fuck's sake.
>>
So i've been reading the HH books and the space wolves always wear leather death masks, but i havent seen any on the models or in any of the artwork. does anyone have any pics?
>>
>>53158863
Except the blandest chapter that his image coincidentally comes from.
>>
>>53159382
The chaos gods are literally as primal as it gets.

>Fear of death and dying
>Anger and violence
>Desire and want

Tzeentch is pretty much the only one that isn't a primal instinct of rational creatures incarnate.
>>
>>53169599
Tzeentch covers ambition and curiosity too. He could easily fill in for the whole primal instinct thing in his own way. People are always hungry to learn more or increase their status in some way.
>>
I forget what edition it was now, but this faggot army made my playing experience miserable. Andy chambers is a cunt forever more.

>power weapons in normal squads for reasons
>can't outshoot them, ok charge them. Lol doesn't matter true grit it's like I charged you anyway, again reasons
>we got the best scouts, deploy behind your army with plasma guns and terminator armour, reasons
>we got da bestest shooters, cheapest missile launchers and split fire on devestater squads, reasons
>equivalent marine wargear but generally just better, reasons
>first chapter to get venerable dreadnought, lets you go first on a 4+, reasons

Following edition followed up with lone wolf bs holding up entire squads. Thunder wolves and the "theme" of the army ran into the ground till the wheels fell off. Space marines riding living creatures just looked stupid. That flying sled was an abomination too.
>>
>>53158171
Die, furfag.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.