[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Adept Decker Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 47

File: Computer Wizard.jpg (49KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
Computer Wizard.jpg
49KB, 329x475px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Magicknet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53132589
>Host_Hexxers.trid
>Analyze_Device.grimoire
>Jack_Armitage.knwsft
>Spirit_Meets_Sprite.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 843 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'I love that being Awakened in no way interferes with my ability to use computers'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Pixie_With_A_Fairlight.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So, anon, how does magic meet machine in your game?
>>
>>53156228
>So, anon, how does magic meet machine in your game?
Just fine, until someone tries something stupid like juicing their brain up on mana and trying to work through a datajack or trodes.

If they can't overcome the device's resistance, no go. If they glitch, gremlins and confused sprites start pestering them. Critglitches haven't happened yet, and I kinda hope they don't.

Players have wisely stopped trying to cheese adept deckers.

Remember, adept deckers are cool in a protagonist-centered videogame, but you're not the protagonist in tabletop.
>>
>>53156228
What is this Shadowrun thing?
>>
File: Shadowrun.jpg (398KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.jpg
398KB, 550x600px
>>53156387
>>
File: 1420372548535.jpg (844KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420372548535.jpg
844KB, 1280x800px
>>53156228
Magical/Scientific theory applies to Technomancy is a bit of a theme in the campaign I'm planning.

Did it backfire on whoever researched it ?
Yes
Are my players gonna suffer investigating it ?
Hell ye.
>>
>>53156387
Cyberpunk in an awkward transition to Urban Fantasy.

And like most trannies, it's trying to hard to be something that it just can't pass as. Mainly due to game design, rules, and the editing that makes it almost impossible to grok and play without a ton of houserules.

Also
>Check the pastebin in the first post.
>>
>>53156467
Ah, thanks. I did not notice the pastebin at first.
>>
What book can I learn about cyberzombies in?
>>
>>53156462
That's a good hook.

Studying technomancy seems like it would be a great career. You get reams and reams of data, and it's often contradictory, so you get to come up with whatever theories you want.

Plus you get to stick needles in toasterlovers' brains.
>>
>>53156503

Jackpointers get out REEEEEEEEEEE!

Clockwork dindu nuffin tho.
>>
>>53156344
what? How the hell does "being good at decking" count as hogging the spotlight?
>inb4 he'd be better than a non-adept decker
Who gives a fuck? If you have more than one decker, than there's already something very wrong.
>>
>>53156561
Okay, lets put it another way. If you put all your adept shit into decking instead of counterspelling, then bloodmages will eat your veins.
>>
>>53156344
>clearly my obnoxiousness did not monopolize enough of the previous thread
>better bring up the same bullshit in the first post of the next one
>>
>>53156607
I'm sorry, you must have meant to reply to the first post of the thread that opened with this very topic in mind.

>/srg/ Shadowrun General - Adept Decker Edition
>>
New magic book gets released and the autists are out in force. Go figure.
>>
File: Dis Gon B Gud.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
Dis Gon B Gud.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>retard took the bait again
>>
File: Magic Makes Technomancers.png (102KB, 389x288px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Makes Technomancers.png
102KB, 389x288px
>>53156228
Magic is not only compatible with technology, it literally creates technomancers. If that's not magic meeting machine I don't know what is.
>>
File: Fucking DOg.jpg (85KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking DOg.jpg
85KB, 500x475px
>>53156740
Oh looks like CGL fucked themselves up royally again.

Get this garbage out of here, technomancy is best when it's completely separate and unexplained.
>>
>>53156788
>>53156740
6E wishlist:
>Anyone other than CGL getting the license for Shadowrun
>Except Paizo, down that path lays further misery
>>
>>53156788
I agree on having it separate (unexplained is boring at a certain point) but that's not the world we live in. Magic can grant Resonance scores.
>>
>>53156837
I don't agree with everything revolving around magic and it being the end-all be all.

Technomancy to be should be kept separate mostly in the term of universe balance. Sure it's considered the Magic of the Matrix but the two being segregated means that there is a balance within the various elements of the world.

But hey, I guess CGL actually doesn't follow it's own rules.
>>
File: The Prophecy Is True.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
The Prophecy Is True.gif
2MB, 300x262px
>>53156740
>>53156788
>>53156837
It's not the only magic-influenced tech in Book of the Lost. You can get all kinds of stuff delivered to your commlink, from Harlequin's number to air strike/orbital laser targeting to a ticket to Z-O with credentials that let you past most security, or you can insta-brick devices you see or can detect via commlink. Not to mention that the digitally projected cards are just as magical as the regular paper ones.
>>
>>53156826
I would do many terrible things for our lord and saviour John Harper to get the licence, but that ain't happening any time soon.
>>
>>53156982
Yekka, you can't take Alchemical Bomb Maker no matter what. Even as an Islamic Mage, you can't take it. Doesn't matter if you took Advanced Alchemy either, nope, doesn't work.
>>
>>53156826
>>53156982
I wonder if we could get enough money through a go fund me or kickstarter or something to buy the license
>>
>>53157070
Got the Advanced Alchemy Art? I had it set to trigger off the art rather than the metamagic, which may be incorrect.
>>
>>53157202
It requires the Metamagic, not the Art. Always the Metamagic. The Arts are just fluff shit that's unnecessary, if mildly flavorful.

That and desu having the Arts makes the Initiation page look weird, since you don't have enough Arts to take one at every grade, which irks me.
>>
>>53157086
No. Not unless you're a famous and well-respected publishing company, nobody's giving you a dime. Besides, I'd rather see it in CGL's hands than in the hands of a brainless anon who can't write AND will ruin the business side of it to the point that the vidya stops and nobody ever wants to get near SR again.

Leaving aside that they have no reason to sell in the first place.
>>
>>53157214
Strictly speaking you don't have to take an Art at every initiation; after double-checking though, I can see that the alchemical bomb maker ones are wrong, but I'll have to leave the Blood Necromancer the way it is, since there's no Blood Magic metamagic to key off. Anyway, will be fixed shortly.
>>
>>53157263
Sacrifice is the Blood Magic Metamagic.
>>
>>53157277
Unless you're a mysad or adept, in which case Sacrifice is/can be replaced with Cannibalize. There's some shenanigans I can do to make it key off anything that would require that Art, I guess.
>>
This is a bit of an odd query, but I'm trying to find a character creation program for each edition of SR. 3-5 are easy, it's NSRCG, Chummer, and Chummer5a. I doubt there'd be one for SR1, unless it's written for something bizarre like the Amiga, but I did find a page for an SR2 one. At least I think it's SR2. I can't download it to check.

This is the (archived version of the) page: https://web.archive.org/web/20120829213544/http://runrig.tripod.com/down.html
Does anybody know if SRCG 1.4 is for SR2, and if it is, does anybody have a working download link?
>>
>>53158599
>Does anybody know if SRCG 1.4 is for SR2
Just checked the Sourcebooks page, it appears to be some sort of combination of 1E and 2E.
>>
I'm starting a new campaign soon with a bunch of new players who aren't terribly familiar with the world outside cyberpunk + magic. It's sounding like they want a pink mohawk-ish game.

Thing is, I'm plumb out of campaign ideas. Anyone have a story that's been working out well for them that I can steal? Or something you've been waiting for the chance to use yourself?
>>
>>53158730
I'm actually in a similar situation, and have been milling around ideas in my head. Here's the most fleshed out one, although it's a little goofy:

>Run 1
The players are hired by Corp A to steal McGuffin from Corp B. Straight forward and simple. During run, something happens to knockout the power (Or maybe the runners need to in order to get in or something). Shit gets really uncomfortable in dark hallways, but other than that, it's pretty normal.

>Run 2
About a week later, Corp B unwittingly hired players to steal McGuffin back from Corp A. During the blackout, Corp B lost security footage, and does not know that the players are the runners from Run 1. Throw in some other element to make the run interesting, but otherwise, that's all there is too it.

>Run 3
Another miscellaneous amount of time later, Corp B hires the players to protect McGuffin as it's transported somewhere as they expect Corp A will try to steal it back. Not long after that meet, Corp A hires players to steal McGuffin AGAIN as it's being transported. And if that's not contrived enough, some third party hires the players to destroy the McGuffin because it's actually hella dangerous.

No idea how it may turn out. I imagine the players coming up with some absurd triple-con to try to get a payday out of all three.
>>
File: 1401911194951.jpg (1MB, 983x3814px) Image search: [Google]
1401911194951.jpg
1MB, 983x3814px
>>53158841
>I imagine the players coming up with some absurd triple-con to try to get a payday out of all three.
>>
>>53156586
>implying he can't do both

Dude, you just need magic+will+initiation grade, don't need to put counterspell dice on top of that.
>>
So its been a good half a year since I last popped in. Whats new chummers? Are Adepts still better than anyone at everything?
>>
>>53156586
Friendly reminder that thanks to Regeneration and multiple different ways to acquire it, it's now possible for just a few Adepts to be exploited by a harvesters to supply the entirety of the world with the necessary amount of veins.
>>
File: 1283913743580.jpg (54KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
1283913743580.jpg
54KB, 385x383px
>>53158905
>Are Adepts still better than anyone at everything?
>Implying adepts aren't /ourguys/

I think you mean Mages on that question, omae. All Adepts are better at is getting their veins harvested by Mages in order to fuel the new magical components.
>>
>>53158962
Wait what? When did adepts arart getting their veins harvested? Did the fliff get more retarded?

But back to the original question. So the game still sort of has the problem of "Mages/Adepts" solve everything?
>>
>>53158991
Started* and fluff* man fuck this phone keyboard.
>>
>>53158991
>When did adepts arart getting their veins harvested?
The latest book added Adept Veins as an alchemical ingredient.
>>
>>53158991
How it works is adepts (I assume you're talking about combat adepts here, your Kenshiro) tend to have higher pools, but lower limits. Meaning you'll hit more often but do less damage than the street sam. Meanwhile street sams hit harder. That gets kind of muddled with bioadepts, but that's kind of the general rule of thumb.
>>
>>53158991
>So the game still sort of has the problem of "Mages/Adepts" solve everything?

It always will until mundanes can get access to proper ways to counter spells.
>>
>>53159323
My GM currently gives [ESS deficit] in counterspelling dice, does that count?
>>
>>53159855
No, because that'd mean you need to use the Spell Defense action as a Free Action or a -5 Initiative Interrupt Action.

What you want it to be is a resistance bonus equal to the essence deficit.
>>
>>53159923
>What you want it to be is a resistance bonus equal to the essence deficit.
I think that might actually be how we've been running it. Or something. I don't recall ever being asked if I have my Free Action or enough init for an interrupt.

I don't know, man, I'm just the street sam.
>>
>>53159323

Like the astral smoke grenades from 4e?
>>
>>53159323
Like easy access to background counts through emotions and killing living things, or access to mundane summoning The Calling ritual and spirits that can directly counter spells? Or the way tech allows you to avoid entering LOS vs mages?
>>
>>53156586
I assume this also happens to adepts that want to punch people and adepts that want to face? Wow, your game sounds unfun.
>>
>>53160723
It just happens to adepts, full stop, now that they're tasty mage snacks and blood mages can cast viscera web and harvest veins at their leisure from the absolutely fucked adept.
>>
>>53160723
Don't blame that anon, blame CGL's new book.

Adept veins are now a reagent that allows mages to nosell physical drain for one uberspell or spirit summoning.

And it's availability 14R. R, not F. Shit's fucked.

>>53160784
I hadn't even considered that application of viscera. Blood mages are getting even more concerning. Gas the Azzies, Mage War Now.
>>
>>53160784
So CGL in their infinite wisdom basically fluffed it so adepts are pretty much unplayable?

Classic CGL.
>>
File: 1474335193957.png (330KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474335193957.png
330KB, 600x450px
>>53156586
>>53160784
You guys are just overexaggerating the danger blood mages are, right?
Unless your GM is a dickhead the chances of you running into a blood mage are pretty small unless you actively hunt for them (which could be a neat plot hook), given that everyone and their mother despises blood mages.
If one is after your veins just go, "hey everyone, it's a blood mage" and watch everyone immediately hunt their stupid ass.
>>
>>53156228
How viable is playing an honest to goodness blind character? Without taking cyber eyes. Magical stuff is fine though.
>>
>>53160958
Yeah, but every mage can use this reagent. The fluff even goes into detail that some talismongers will lie about its ingredients to sell it to people who normally wouldn't be okay with metahuman-based reagents.

And, it's only 14R. You can get it with a license. It should be Forbidden, it really should.

With this stuff, you can summon and bind Force 12 spirits with two doses and not risk a single physical box.

And no, the new book has some really nasty blood mage spells. We're not overexaggerating the danger of blood mages. Running against Aztechnology is gonna get reeeaaaal unpopular.
>>
>>53160974
You need astral perception if you want to be blind and not suck.
>>
>>53160991
Oh, I definitely agree about the fact it should be rating F. But it's not unlike CGL to have some dumb rule in their books and something like this can easily be houseruled.

I just don't get why people are suddenly saying adepts are finished? Adepts at least have the option now to defend themselves against spells. Mundanes don't have shit and they still might have to run against blood mages.
>>
>>53161037
Because Mundanes don't have the path to UNLIMITED POWAH! literally in their veins.

Adepts do. Did you miss how you can cast force 12 spells or summon/bind force 12 spirits without physical drain with this crazy shit? Imagine one of those Azzie ritual circles getting hopped up on this...
>>
>>53160958
>Unless your GM is a dickhead the chances of you running into a blood mage are pretty small

>It wasn’t too long ago that rumors started about blood magic making an appearance on the streets. More and more, you’d see a dagger to a bleeding arm and a bunch of barrens hoods turning into literal splatterpunks.

>Still, blood magic, prolifc and street level … that’s enough to make anyone want to lock up with some deep bottles and a lot of ammo.
>>
Hey guys, i'm potentially running a game for some friends and I've got a fairly basic run to do. Bust some dude out of an insane asylum, and replace him with a dead body double, making it look like he died in the middle of the night. They still get paid the majority if they fail the second part but still get him out. My plan was to have him be a low level mage of some kind to complicate things when they unrestrain him. Is this kinda stupid? Also, does the core book have stat blocks for corp mage equivelants?
>>
>>53161037
I give mundanes a counter spelling dice pool equal to their essence loss.
>>
To all those shitposting about Veins of the Adept, it only bypasses PHYSICAL DRAIN, which only happens if your HITS are greater than the FORCE of the spell. Not if FORCE is greater than MAGIC.
>>
>>53161063
Exactly. Mundanes don't. This shit is gonna fly over their heads.
But most adepts probably know about this shit. If I was a GM I'd let my adepts have basic knowledge about it anyway. So they'll go out of their way to avoid running into bloodmages.
People are acting like bloodmages are going to be running around tearing the veins out of adepts in broad daylight. Nobody is that stupid. If a bloodmage is preparing to rip your veins out, you probably met them on their terms and in that case, you fucked up bad.
Don't get me wrong, it's nasty shit, but adepts are not suddenly unplayable like everyone here seems to be doomsaying.
>>
>>53161097
>To all those trying to help CGL with their ass end shitty way of trying to balance broken ass adepts
>Don't

It's not shit posting omae. Just wishful thinking.
>>
>>53161112
What? Adepts aren't even unabalanced, with the sole exception of people that cheese the everliving fuck out of Bioadepts to be massive cunts.
>>
I hope CGL makes every mage build this sought-after. Finally an actual believable reason for a magic rating 6 mage to be in the shadows other than "hehe he's in the shadows cuz he's a rebel!"
>>
>>53161139
>adepts aren't cheese
>Well besides this well known cheese that adepts are used for
Wut
>>
>>53161029
Is that all you need?
>>
>>53161150
What? That's always been the reason. The Corps will literally kill people, blackmail your family, and all sorts of other shit to force you to work for them. That's been canon since like 1e.

>>53161159
Anon, one specific instance of a thing being retarded doesn't mean that the entire thing is retarded. This is a fairly simple concept. Adepts that aren't bullshitting their way through things by using 'ware are perfectly fine, and if anything, actually on the weak end of the spectrum for things, really. They're pretty bad.
>>
>>53161163
if you just want to see while technically being blind then yeah
>>
>>53161103
See
>>53161071
Seems like CGL is setting up a new metaplot or something, don't it?
>>
>>53161159
>one cheese build
>hundreds of regular functional and fun builds
He's right, nice nitpicking tho
>>
File: 1494350137330.png (8KB, 144x167px) Image search: [Google]
1494350137330.png
8KB, 144x167px
>>
>>53161163
Yeah. It lets you see while being blind.
>>
>>53160974
Would radar sensor count against your anti-cyber stance?
>>
Dumb question of the day, folks. Superhuman Psychosis states that you can't combine it with a Code of Honor. Would a Code of Honor that's less about mercy and more about standards be valid here, or does the ruling stand?
Don't worry, this isn't for a played character.
>>
>>53161630
If it's for an NPC why would it matter what negative qualities they have?
>>
>>53161630
Having a code of honor doesn't necessarily mean you have the actual quality. And you'd probably want the Consummate Professional quality instead.
>>
>>53161657
There's some stuff in Forbidden Arcana that lets you seen exactly what a character's qualities are, PC or NPC.
>>
>>53161657
Bad habits? It's more of a curiosity that occurred to me than anything else.
>>
>>53161667
Didn't know that

>>53161674
Fair enough
>>
>>53161630
I'm assuming that ruling was intended for PC's to avoid cheese with how both qualities work mechanically. I'd say giving an NPC a code of honor and super human psychosis wouldn't be in bad practice at all. Obviously, that's assuming the code of honor you give him isn't diametrically opposed to super human psychosis.
>>
>>53161861
Nah, not at all. It's more of a code of not being shit at your job.
>>
>>53161630
>Would a Code of Honor that's less about mercy and more about standards be valid here, or does the ruling stand?

Code Of Honour is;
>The character has a binding Code of Honor when it comes to killing members of a specifc group; it’s a matter of unwavering principle.
No two ways about it, if you have *this* negative quality, there are people you won't kill or will feel so bad about killing that you lose karma by doing it - even if you didn't mean to.

Superhuman Psychosis is;
>Does a person that steps on ants feel bad? If not, then why should you feel anything toward these lesser beings of the old human race?
>The character has absolutely no moral qualms about killing people, seeing it as his right. They won’t go out of their way to kill people, but also won’t hesitate to kill anyone, even going up to mass murder—they just don’t value the lives of lesser beings.
You don't just not care for other people, you hold them in contempt that only barely changes to 'interested' when someone threatening appears that you can squash or fight instead.

Zero compatibility between the two.
>>
>>53160870
That is concerning? And not that the Azzies have access to astral bridge that leads straight to the horrors?
>>
>>53162459
Personally, I'm just happy blood mages get their own scary spells. Toxics were already scary because they got radiation spells, which are indirect combat spells that ignore armor and give you radiation poisoning. Now blood mages get their own scary spells.
>>
>>53162459
I thought that got fucked up when Dunkelzahn Aloha Snackbar'd?
>>
>>53163107
Read the end of the wild spirits part
The fovae or whatever is broken bridge to the horrors.
Its not magic void. It sucks magic and sends it to the horro demiplane.
>>
>>53163322
>Double dubs
Nice
>>
Yekka, Mystic Foreman doesn't work under qualities. It requires Industrial Engineering 4, but... that's not a skill. Like, I know it says that in the book, but that's just... literally not a skill. Industrial MECHANIC is, and Industrial Engineering might exist as a KNOWLEDGE skill, but uh, yeah.
>>
>>53163322
Well shit. Now I kind of feel bad for yelling at nuke-happy anon. Not even toxics are as bad as Horrors.

Wait, can we still get Horrors? I thought they'd divorced SR from Earthdawn?
>>
>>53163322
By the power of my dubs, kill the azzies
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on the Az-Am war?
>>
Can you give allies the powers of great form spirits of your tradition?
>>
>>53164171
Azzies were the aggressors/assholes pretty much throughout. And damn near wiped out the Amazon with all those shitty people eater plants they planted in the border. Azzie scumery knows no bounds.
>>
>>53163601
>A man who uses great power for good

Not the hero we deserved, but the one we needed.
>>
>>53164171
>>53164271

Azzies also got btfo by Sirrurg if I recall correctly. They almost killed him in return, but he's trashed most of their infrastructure and farms.

Azzies and Amazonia are both hurting, Azzies slightly more in my opinion.
>>
>>53156826
>6E wishlist:
>>Anyone other than CGL getting the license for Shadowrun

FFG
>>
>>53164330
>Games Workshop
>>
>>53164330
>>53164346
These are both jokes right guiz?

Guiz?
>>
>>53164346
This is what happens when you make a deal with the devil to revoke CGL's license to Shadowrun.
Yekka stop the ritual
>>
>>53156228
>So, anon, how does magic meet machine in your game?

They meet just fine but they dont mix. Retarded shit like adept of decking/rigging are forever banned from my game.

If you are a awakened act like one not a minmax bunch of bonuses that dont make any sense. Just stacking benefits from both.

You want extra IPs as a mage? Hope you are saving for those wires or synaptic because reflexes spell is banned.
>>
>>53164346
>>53164405
My literal nightmare and quite possibly the only option worse than CGL.

>Let's turn SR into a miniatures game so we can cash rape our customers!
>>
>>53164396

FFG has a steady flow of books for star wars and gives me exactly what i want from supplements. More rules, more gear and more powers.

Their system is almost perfect for shadowrun being rules medium and gear porn.
>>
>>53164444
Hell, there's already corps and nations for factions.
>>
So...In the hopes of turning this away from whatever salt is going on about magic.
What kind of vidyagaems does your shadowrunner play?
Have they tried Arcadium Onlineâ„¢ the worlds leading AR MMORPG?
>>
>>53164463
>Rules medium
>Perfect for SR
Wut

If you want rules lite garbage play that trash pile that is anarchy.
>>
>>53164477
DOOM Infinity. Doomguy is now an adept fighting cyberzombies and spirits to stop the Monads from opening a gate between Mars to the Metaplanes, and thence to Earth.
>>
>>53164476
Die slow Anon.

Perhaps my quads will force ascension and CGL will pull their collective head out of their collective asshole.

>Dream the impossible dream
>>
>>53164477
No Arcadium Online, but T-bird Simulator 2070 is pretty fun.

There's also Paracritter Zoo Tycoon with the Extinct Mundanes pack. Guy loves his dinosaurs.
>>
>>53164513
Heard good things about that one, Glad they got back to their roots and got rid of jumping. DOOM is about going fast not flying.
>>53164541
I prefer the Denizens of the Deep pack personally, But i like spending several billion nuyen on a aquarium for something I cant see.

My Runner is too straightedge to play too many Vidya, all serious and mercenary as far as the group knows. In her offtime she plays Arcadium Onlineâ„¢ the worlds leading AR MMORPG.
Kinda a secret of hers since its such a nerdy hobby.
>>
>>53164257
Any experts on spirits that can help a poor anon out?
>>
>>53164643
Probably not. But you should ask the actual question to be sure.
>>
>>53164497
>If you want rules lite garbage play that trash pile that is anarchy

The principle is sound, shadowrun has to many unnecesary rules and doing a trimming is a good idea.

Problem with anarchy wasnt that it was rules medium but that cgl incompetence made it a shitty rules lite game.
>>
>>53157247
>AND will ruin the business side of it to the point that the vidya stops

Didnt that happen already? I though hong kong was supposedly the last one.
>>
>>53164705
I understand that a lot of people don't like crunch. But I feel personally that less crunch inherently leads to less customization. At least customization that has purpose other than "lol make whatever the fuck you want and let the GM figure out how it works."
>>
>>53164643
I've been on a magic binge lately, so I might be able to help.
>>
>>53164986
>Magic binge
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>53164998
I'm feeling less and less human every day, but this stuff isn't gonna read itself.
>>
>>53165044
Fuck, what's the point of magic if you can't use it to make a tome read itself omae?
>>
>>53165044
Touche omae
>>
>>53164983
>I understand that a lot of people don't like crunch. But I feel personally that less crunch inherently leads to less customization. At least customization that has purpose other than "lol make whatever the fuck you want and let the GM figure out how it works."

Of course simplification has to be well implemented. But on the same note what really adds to customization a different set of rules for threading water and swimming?

Barrier rules are a mess that need simplification too. Or the fact that shadowrunners are suppose to mow down tons of goons but said goons are made with the same long painstakingly chargen procedure than PCs.
>>
>>53165059
Shit, I can actually think of ways to pull that off in the system. I think I'm too far gone.
>>
>>53165127
>Time to become a magic terrorist

That's where they all go at that level of knowledge in the dark arts.
>>
>>53165121
I definitely agree that there's quite a few unnecessary things that need trimming, add some systems that outright need to be reworked. Like you said, we don't need tables for water treading, that's the sort of minutiae bullshit that needs to go.

I simply don't think the main goal going into creating it should be the thought process of "Shadowrun light" or even "Shadowrun medium." I'd like for the mindset to be (and maybe I'm asking too much) "fixing Shadowrun."

The whole rules light/medium thing in my mind specifically denotes making a system easier simply to pander to casuals not to actually fix a system.
>>
>>53165252
Cont.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like the system and the level of crunch currently and don't think you need to blow it up and start over. I just think it can be streamlined and balanced without creating a brand new system.

That being said, I'd be all for the next edition going back to the 2050's before CGL's story arch's started. And that would give you a chance to rework the system too.
>>
>>53165163
I've actually got a gimmicky mage terrorist on the backburner as a funtimes concept. Violently anti-Japanacorp guy who runs as a demo mage under the name Enola Gay. Sculpts and animates C4 homunculi, chucks necrosis and radiation spells, and goes out of his way to cause collateral damage to Japanese megas.
>>
>>53165358
I more or less agree, chummer. The system in its current form 5e is a bloated mess. The main book alone struggles to even keep itself organized. Customization is fantastic, but it's getting obtuse at this point. I'd like to find a good way to simplify the system, while keeping its complexity, but I'm not sure if one won't undermine the other.
>>
I'm trying to make my first character, a rookie decker with like a pistol.

I feel pretty confident that I know what attributes and skills I need, but what kind of gear should I be looking at? Are those $100k+ cyberdecks worth it?
>>
>>53165441
That's exactly my concern as well.
>>
>>53164444
>quite possibly the only option worse than CGL

Paizo. Or even WotC, at this point.

It's actually horrifying how many worse options there are than CGL.
>>
>>53165498
WotC true. Paizo ehhhhh maybe. I could see it, but it's hard to top game workshop in pure greed.

And agreed. It's frightening how much table tops are getting a corporate fisting.
>>
>>53165377
>Enola gay
Kek

I can dig that whole vibe though. Especially the fuck Japanacorps angle.
>>
>>53165127
..Do it!
>>
File: DSC_0821.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0821.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
Is there anything interesting about Shadowrun New Orleans? I'm thinking about doing some spooky cyber voodoo stuff.
>>
>>53165622
Goddamnit, now I want to make an Anti-NAN demorigger that runs under the alias of Jackson and calls his ride the Trailblazer.

>>53165672
I think New Orleans and Galveston got wiped out by a tsunami in the Gulf at some point? I may be misremembering someone's homebrew though.
>>
>>53165444
Cyber arm with enhanced agi and armor to top off your gun? I'm not sure about the cyberdecks, haven't tried playing a decker, but the Hand of God comes up a lot for recommendations.

>>53165377
Can you reliably overcome the object resistance of C4 to make a homunculus out of it?
>>
>Cattle use 12 times the amount of feed that crickets do to produce an equal amount of protein.

Why the crops didn't capitalize on insect farming instead of endless flow of soy products?
>>
>>53165854
Who says they haven't chummer? What laws still require them to be honest about ingredients?
>>
>>53165854
Muh soy
>>
>>53165854
>Insinuating soy isn't 90% insects

You almost got me. But everyone knows that no one knows what soy actually is.
>>
>>53165672
>>53165712
>Goddamnit, now I want to make an Anti-NAN demorigger that runs under the alias of Jackson and calls his ride the Trailblazer

Fuckin do it.

>New Orleans
Pretty sure it's underwater.
>>
>>53165880
Because if you add it to soy product and don't tell anybody about it, then you're wasting soy and thus money.

I think they would rather advertise it as a great replacement for meat.

"Cricket Patties - meat on your plate just for the fraction of the price! Now available in Chummermart."
>>
>the year is 2078
>Your meal sources are bugs or garbage known as soy

Dystopia indeed.
>>
>>53166011
In all fairness, bugs are pretty good source of protein and iron.
>>
>>53165948
I would omae, I would but I have no game to put him in. I'm GM and I don't wanna waste him as an NPC.

>>53166076
So's metahumans, and it even has soy in the name.

Soylent Chummer.
>>
Chummers I've got the world's worst idea. I got it watching the new guardians last night.

>Mother fuckin Snake Plissken is gonna start running

Any suggestions on archetype/qualities/stats? I understand it's cheesy, but come on. Who doesn't like the artistic genius of escape from NY/LA.
>>
>>53166101
Eating people is honestly less efficient than eating krill and bugs.
>>
>>53166448
Name him Drake Dickskin
>>
>>53166469
Yeah, but at least you're not eating bugs or krill.
>>
File: 1274332934947.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1274332934947.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>53166470
>>
>>53166469
Yeah, but you're also reducing competition for food.
>>
File: had fun once.jpg (30KB, 221x272px) Image search: [Google]
had fun once.jpg
30KB, 221x272px
>Weekly thread on reddit in which everyone hates everything but the core metatypes
>"I told all players I don't want to GM for a zoo"
>"I'm with you on this one. I can barely get over the regular metatypes, let alone these variants."
>>
File: TrollMarket.jpg (276KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
TrollMarket.jpg
276KB, 1024x636px
>>53166758
Honestly, there should be more metatypes. And more metatypes should be normalized.
>>
>>53166781

I agree.

I think the major mis-step is painting them as all so incredibly rare/unique so the GM's can take that step of "No, fuck off, too rare and too snowflakey."

Crank up the percentages. Make it more common based on blood and location. Like ALL Orks from Japan are Oni, in addition to people who would have at least half Japanese ancestry.

Also unfuck the AI rules, for Deus' sake.
>>
>>53166758
That's what happens when they're fluffed as
>THERE'S ONLY 500 OF THESE GUYS IN THE WORLD, AND THEY LOOK SUPER UNIQUE
However
>I'm currently playing a version of Shadowrun where all the metatypes are mutants, and magic is replaced with psionics. It suits my flavour better and I can achieve it with relatively small adjustments.
Just an autist.
>>
>>53166758
The meta variants are garbage and poorly written though. Not to mention snowflake fuel that mages the setting silly as fuck.
>>
>>53166781
>>53166758

You'd think as mana continues to increase, the other metas would be growing more common.
>>
>>53166890
>I'm currently playing a version of Shadowrun where all the metatypes are mutants, and magic is replaced with psionics. It suits my flavour better and I can achieve it with relatively small adjustments.

I'm left wondering why this guy is even playing Shadowrun.

Just go play Cyberpunk 2020 or something. Fuck.
>>
>>53166906
Mana has stopped the flare up bullshit since the comet disappeared.

Meta variant snowflakes haven't disappeared unfortunately though.
>>
>>53166877
That's the best part. That way they don't have to shit their furry fantasies down your throat.
>>
File: SOT42.jpg (2MB, 980x1515px) Image search: [Google]
SOT42.jpg
2MB, 980x1515px
>>53166877
I agree. Shit must get weirder.
>>
File: insane.jpg (17KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
insane.jpg
17KB, 236x350px
>>53166997
>KSBD

That fucking comic, man. Holy shit.

>Alison's face when dealing with the Incubus

I imagine that the cosmology KSBD paints is how SR is with the metaplanes, but that's just me.
>>
>>53166941
He's crazy enough he plays Shadowrun, the game everyone plays for the setting despite the rules, in reverse.
>>
File: ksbd33.jpg (772KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
ksbd33.jpg
772KB, 1000x847px
>>53167077
Naw, the metaplanes are far weirder than that. Most of the worlds in the Wheel are just different versions of our universe I would guess. So mostly just people living regular people lives, but with different rules and pallets

Also

>You must be at least this weird to get into the club.
>>
>>53166877
Id honestly love an oni version of troll so where they have the same skin thing but only one horn instead of 2
>>
>>53166758
Currently running a satyr rigger. Satyrs seem like a great metavariant all in all, with nice bonuses. They've been fun to play, and I think my GM has got the right balance of adjusting their snowflakeyness; sometimes people comment on her appearance but it's never distracted from a run, even less so if they're in a ork/troll populated area. It's nice to do fun little details with them, like her often complaining about the legal requirement to wear pants even though satyrs have sort of natural pants thanks to their fur.

If you have a GM that can accommodate for your metavariant's uniqueness well, you're golden. Their difference should be a factor but it shouldn't take center stage in every scene you're in. Their odd appearance is bound to affect them but they've got a whole world to explore outside of that.

The real issue is balance. Some metavariants just seem completely pointless to play outside of specific niches. Some don't even have that much.
>>
What area of the world is in the most desperate need of more lore and why is it India?
>>
>>53167506

It's a region that has an extensive and long history of mysticism that hasn't really been diminished with the movement of technological progress

Pretty ripe for Shadowrun, really.
>>
>>53167584
And the most we've gotten is the pointless footnote of a race that is the nartaki, monkey dwarves that no one plays, and that they got fucked up by VITAS.
>>
>>53167506
Because nobody expected them to be as important of a player. Same reason Japan is way more relevant in SR than it has any reason to be.

Also CGL hates anything that isn't Seattle.
>>
>>53167506
Because they already live without meat.
>>
>>53167831
They dedicated half a splatbook to Istanbul and Lagos. Clearly it isn't just about conventional cyberpunk ideas about the important places in the future.
>>
>>53167506
Can you imagine how terrible India smells now?! Mother of God it was already bad enough.
>>
>>53167970
It doesn't smell as bad as they make it out to.

Though, I've only been to Bangladesh. So maybe India proper smells worse.
>>
>>53167506
Chicago

Miami

Detroit

Literally anywhere that isn't Seattle or Denver.
>>
>>53167995
Yeah but think of the shits in the street now! Before they were just regular human sized Indian food explosive diarrhea dumps. Now you guy trolls and four armed mother fuckers shooting brown rockets into the gutter!
>>
>>53167995
I wonder how big the dead body eating catfish are now.
>>
File: DetroitAtNight2_zpsbdf4753b.jpg (59KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
DetroitAtNight2_zpsbdf4753b.jpg
59KB, 640x427px
>>53167998
>Detroit
I want to see this so bad.
>>
>>53168032
Got*

Grammar is key when describing poops.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (17KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
17KB, 240x312px
>>53168051

>Mana-infused, giant, man-eating catfish in the Ganges
>>
>>53168103
I usually imagine SR Detroit in the exact same situation as Deus Ex:HR Detroit:
Ares = Sarif Industries

Just a bit less piss filter.
>>
>>53167506
Vahanas, what the fuck were they and how did they work?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing more about Houston or Austin, what with the Azzies camping in half of Texas. There's gotta be some royally pissed off ghosts in the Alamo in San Antonio.
>>
New GM here, I want to run a campaign based around the occult, what are the best books to read?
>>
>>53168409
IIRC Texas took back Texas. But I agree Texas needs more stuff.
>>
>>53168438
They did? Last I heard they seceded from the CAS when the CAS wouldn't help fight the Azzies, then had to rejoin the CAS when they couldn't fight the Azzies alone and that Aztlan was still sitting on half the state.

What book is that in? As a Texan I am interested.
>>
>>53168438
>>53168506
I think both of you are right. Texas seceded from the CAS, and the Azzies jumped on them immediately and started beating their asses. The CAS looked the other way and whistled a bit. Aztlan took about half of the Texans' territory, and left the survivors to crawl back to the CAS with the other half.
>>
Trolls can still be born from two humans now, yeah? It's just unlikely?
>>
How could a team of runners successfully bring down the Azzy government/start an Azzy genocide?
>>
>>53168604
That's my understanding. It's rare, but happens.
>>53168619
Incontrovertible proof of Azzie blood magic made public. I'm honestly surprised they've been able to keep it secret for so long.
>>
>>53168648
Honestly, what would be the actual repercussions of that? How many people would actually go to war over that?
>>
>>53168619
I like this idea. All Azzie scum must die.
>>
>>53168731
And Shiawase fuck them too. Pretty much all the big ten besides Ares and Krupp.
>>
>>53168731
They're literally the Nazis of the setting. They're just baddies. Baddies who you can mow down with zero moral stipulations. It's great. Getting rid of them will probably take more than going full Blazkowicz though.
>>
>>53168769
>Krupp
>Not EVO
>>
>>53168816
Germans are the good guys.

>As usual
>>
>>53168708
Seeing how AZ are an international agricultural superpower...
>>
>>53168838
Corps would pull them apart like a bunch of wild dogs to get a chance at the land?
>>
>>53168816
Evo can stay too.
>>
>someone is going to run a Shadowrun 3rd Ed campaign at my club

I know nothing about Shadowrun, is 3rd ed good?
>>
>>53168849
Absolutely. Their downfall would probably also disrupt global food production. It's also implied somewhere that they're recklessly overplanting genetically identical crops, so they're just asking for an engineered plague or two.
>>
>>53168943
It is. It's before CGL took over and decided to skullfuck the setting with faggotry.
>>
For primarily non-mundane combat characters, like deckers, faces, or spellslingers, what's the better choice for primary weapons: heavy pistols, machine pistols, or sawed off shotguns?
>>
>>53169121
Pistols generally. Easier to conceal, also work with the arm of God.
>>
>>53169121
Machine Pistols. Burst fire and full auto defense penalties are about equivalent to a dice pool bonus, as long as you can absorb the recoil.
Light and Holdout Pistols have the advantage of being even more concealable though, if you care for that.
>>
>>53168708
How many people would go to war over using Blood Magic? The magic that brings the Horrors closer faster?

Practically anyone in the know. You'd be looking at another Operation Reciprocity, at the least.

>>53169121
Pistols or machine pistols, Hand of God for maximum effect. Though a mage or Decker with longarms and a shotgun firing flechettes can do okay if you want to change up the flavor.
>>
>>53168943
No, it's fucking awful
>>
File: 4f726e677f1fe34904bee90fe6206f05.jpg (196KB, 1500x831px) Image search: [Google]
4f726e677f1fe34904bee90fe6206f05.jpg
196KB, 1500x831px
So how do you guys imagine walking around in sprawlsites would look like. Do the buildings reach so high that the sky is only a barely visible sliver?
>>
>>53168971
CFD aside, all the "faggotry" people complain about (Meta variants, Otaku who were proto-technomancers shapeshifters and SURGE) were present in 3rd ed. and some of it's own.
Coupled with rules that are at their base terribly designed as opposed to the modern rules which could be entirely serviceable if CGL could be arsed to put in some effort, and I'd say you need to take the rose tinted glasses off.
>>
File: 1285030065871.jpg (135KB, 456x684px) Image search: [Google]
1285030065871.jpg
135KB, 456x684px
>>53168943
SR3 is basically a reworked SR2 where the rules are not scattered all over.
Plot has advanced by roughly 10 years but overall I'd say it's the best original SR edition.
Rules are bloated, but that goes for every edition.

I'd say 5th edition has better rules, but the fluff is trash
and let's not even start with 4th ed.
>>
>>53169579
The residentials in the denser sprawls block out all but the midday sun, letting fluorescent lamps light their shadows. It may as well be evening for most of the day.

Every street is an alley, and the concrete never seems to end. The rain drips down so much rock and real estate before it reaches the ground that the runoff is hardly even acidic - it just tastes like dirty lemon juice.

Sometimes, usually during the autumn months, when the winds pick up, you can stand on certain roads, the wide ones where the buildings part a bit more and there are no overpasses or solar panels, and you can crane your neck real far back to catch a glimpse of that blue.

Almost feels like you're up there for a moment, chummer. That sounds cheesy, yeah, but you work 7 to 11 every day in a concrete jungle and tell me you don't feel that longing.
>>
>>53169655
Shapeshifters existed since first ed. Metavariants since 2nd. Otaku at least had some credibility and fluff behind them.

What really made 4th ed retarded was how they made everything generic.
Deckers and riggers are no longer full archetypes and more of a side thing since now every douchebag with relatively expensive phone can hack.
Shamans got all their uniqueness drained out of them by giving hermetics and adepts the ability to take mentor spirits too.

There's just no flavour to it all.

Shadowrun 5 rectified that a little bit but the fluff is still garbage.
>>
Are there rules for playing a free spirit?
>>
File: Boston from the John Hancock.jpg (3MB, 5500x3531px) Image search: [Google]
Boston from the John Hancock.jpg
3MB, 5500x3531px
>>53167506
On a similar route, what kind of place has Boston become. I know MIT&T is (still) there, but not much else.
>>
File: c92dc9073c3eac6f51b924ebeb816bed.jpg (393KB, 1596x2446px) Image search: [Google]
c92dc9073c3eac6f51b924ebeb816bed.jpg
393KB, 1596x2446px
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/1585#issuecomment-300170220

I need opinions on how cyberware grades, biocompatibility and adapsin should interact. Specifically, should they apply as -0.1 each, -10% each and drop >2 decimal points, etc.
>>
>>53171348
Like West Berlin when the Soviets shut off the ground routes into the city.

Only without a Berlin Airlift. Boston is on lockdown Chummer, it's CFD Ground Zero.
>>
>>53171717
>it's CFD Ground Zero
I though they all went Lost In Space. Is Boston still in Lockdown with new cases emerging?
>>
>>53171762
Naw. CFD headcases managed to infect Mars Base, they didn't all fuck off.

There's also more than one 'strain' of CFD, one of them turns people practically into zombies. That's one of many that are contained in Boston. For now.

And yeah, there are lots of headcases outside of Boston, and more appearing. Just not as quickly as would be the case if several million infected people were spreading nannites about willy-nilly.
>>
File: Dealing with your shit.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Dealing with your shit.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>53171797
Shame. New England has some weird old folktales and after the influence of King and his NE based books I was kind of hoping for some interesting occult shit.
>>
File: f88daa1db6a0f4e0304702013f6b104e.gif (700KB, 1756x1335px) Image search: [Google]
f88daa1db6a0f4e0304702013f6b104e.gif
700KB, 1756x1335px
>>53171859
>the influence of King and his NE
>Not Lovecraft
>comeonnow.jpg
>>
>>53171859
Oh. Bypass Boston and head into Maine then. All Boston has going for it is confusing as fuck streets that only seem mystically labyrinthine.
>>
>>53171882
Ya got me. I did mean to put him up there. I also had another less-horror more occult based author in mind but I couldn't remember their name either.

>>53171900
Having spend 20 years here, the downtown streets are pretty wild. I've walked a road a dozen times and still come out to a different part of town. Swear to god there's a temporal portal sliding about in there. Maine is quaint and cute in the proper more southern place. Got a lotta family around augusta and portland.

Northern Maine is a different world, however, and I refuse to go up there again.
>>
>>53171620
I'm math stupid, explain it to me in practical terms.
>>
>>53171968
It's the difference between reducing essence costs by 20% and 19%. One is easier to calculate, the other is theoretically RAI. But that little bit is important for min/maxing and Yekka is trying to see which way the wind is blowing.
>>
>>53171963
Honestly, a lot of what Lovecraft writes about would hardly be horror in Shadowrun. Just scary metaplanes and, uh, highly unusual metatypes. The horror is in the implication, which is already pretty well accepted in the 2070s.
>>
>>53171963
Isn't Northern Maine practically Canada?
>>
>>53172067
It's farther North than anything important in Canada.
>>
>>53172085
Well, yeah, but so's Alaska and no one's saying anything about how spoopy Alaska is.
>>
>>53172185
Alsaka's pretty spooky, there's just no people to write about it.
>>
>>53172050
I'd disagree about the unusual metatypes, but yeah, a lot of what was implied to Lovecraft's protags and caused them to loose sleep every night is common fact in 2070.

Take that as you will.
>>
>>53165121
>But on the same note what really adds to customization a different set of rules for threading water and swimming?
This isn't rules medium or rules heavy, it's a rules fuckup. Diving & Swimming should be one skill. Gymnastics and Freefall should be one skill. Even the rules ignored Diving for holding your breath.
>>
>>53165854
>Why the crops didn't capitalize on insect farming instead of endless flow of soy products?
>>53165955
>Because if you add it to soy product and don't tell anybody about it, then you're wasting soy and thus money.
They did. The main food groups of the sixth world are;

soy bean

krill

mycoprotein / mushrooms

blue-green algae

insects
>>
>>53171620
Everything subtracts from or adds to the base value.
>>
File: 1467768861799.png (2MB, 1280x655px) Image search: [Google]
1467768861799.png
2MB, 1280x655px
>>53164751
It's not the last one, they're just letting it rest for the moment. They did three SR games in 3 years, now they want to do Battletech and a couple other things, and come back to SR with a new engine. Unlikely we'll see one before 2020.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/371423/Harebrained+taking+a+break+from+Shadowrun/
>>
File: Wild Hunt.png (549KB, 885x613px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Hunt.png
549KB, 885x613px
>>53161071
>>53161193
Between this and the new supercharged infected, CGL seems to be setting 6e to be Witch Hunt Edition. Which I am down for.
>>
File: Alcatraz.jpg (12KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
Alcatraz.jpg
12KB, 236x177px
>>53161079
>My plan was to have him be a low level mage of some kind to complicate things when they unrestrain him. Is this kinda stupid?
It's stupid to think that being a mage is a complication, if the guy is on their side. If he's actually crazy, that's another thing, but nobody is going to put a violent crazy guy who knows Fireball in a regular asylum.

>Also, does the core book have stat blocks for corp mage equivelants?
Yes. Rtfb
>>
What happens if a Technomancer catches HMHVV?
>>
>>53172520
What're you on about Chummer? Cosmic insignificance is common knowledge in 2017.
>>
File: Ages of the Earth.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ages of the Earth.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>53163406
>Wait, can we still get Horrors? I thought they'd divorced SR from Earthdawn?

It's the kind of divorce where the couple still gets together a couple times a week to hook up, they just wear masks and bone in hotel rooms. Technically they can't be called Horrors, but 'growing mana creates bridge to metaplane where themed cosmic entities wait to fuck shit up' is not unique to SR or Earthdawn, and could probably be pulled off without any legal issue provided they tread carefully around bringing back specific Horrors.
>>
>>53168619
Best approach I would think would be to start an internal civil war, Aztechnology is probably too big to take apart from the outside without starting World War 3
>>
>>53166956
No it hasn't. Read Court of Shadows. The Comet was a surge thst receded, but background mana is still rising slowly but steadily. Thus more metaplanar shit, crazier infected, Sixth World Tarot, etc.
>>
>>53168648
It's not a secret. They publically sacrifice criminals. It's that Azzies have the PR muscle to turn it into part of their religion, and nobody has the power/will to try and destroy the corp and nation both.
>>
>>53173944
Not even close. It's one of the Big Ten, yeah, but if any three or four of the others gang up on it, it's all over but the desperate blood-magic fuelled gambits and attempts at superweapons that'll call Hitler back from the grave.

Then Thor Shots fall and Tenoctitlan dies.
>>
>>53169683
>3e has tighter rules than 2e

>laughing Shadowlands.trid
>>
>>53174227

Sacrificing criminals is not secret. That the criminals are used to fuel blood magic -is- secret, at least from the general public.
>>
>>53173542
If they survive, they lose Resonance, Resonance skills become Knowledge skills, and they gain a Magic score if appropriate. Read Run Faster
>>
So I posted in the game finder thread, but people don't seem into SR anymore...

A friend and I were hoping to try out 5th ed, where can we find a GM?
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
>Infiltration mission
>troll sammy wants to come along
>>
>>53174228
>a nation that is an expert at PR, with a massive military that's hardened by decades of open war, putting down terrorists, and spec ops, has the military tech to mine a border with evil trees and bioweapons that can weaken a Great Dragon to killable levels, and has conducted a massive ritual to sucker-punch Amazonia

Think again
>>
>>53174358
Local game store.

Roll20.

Play a one on one game. Could be neat.
>>
>>53174320
>>53173542
It depends a bit on the strain. For HMHVV 1, what >>53174320 said.

For HMHVV 2 & 3, if they survive and transform, the same thing happens. But if they become carriers, then nothing happens other than probably relying on hot-sim for intimate encounters a lot more.
>>
>>53174367
I have been thinking.

You see, Aztechnology didn't just bring down Sirrurg without breaking a sweat. They're still reeling from how much of their farmland he torched and damage he did to their infrastructure. To the point where Aztechnology, the world's largest food producer is having to import food to feed its citizens. If they were that tough, they would have killed Sirrurg and taken down Lofwyr when he showed up to take him to scalejail.

I hope you're not shilling for the Azzies for free chummer.
>>
>>53174378
Alternating one on one is actually a cool idea. Maybe each of you play half the team and run like two PCs each instead of just one. Iunno.
Would be hard to get some good RP in between the team with only two people unless you do it vidya style and just force some party members on them
>>
Getting back into SR after a long time. How big of a red flag is it when the GM says "5e corebook only." Is it a "Your options are a bit limited but you're good" or is it Pathfinder tier "Run now"
>>
So if the other nine, and maybe a couple nations come too, team up to destroy the Azzies, who take their place in the Court? Universal Omnitech?
>>
>>53174457
the former, surprisingly. riggers probably suffer the most, but the best kind of rigger either way is taking a bunch of roto drones with assault rifles so not having rigger5 isnt that big of a deal.
>>
>>53174457
Figure out why hes limiting it first, You may be able to solve this just by providing the books.
Its not...Like...Terrible i guess, But he should really atleast go case by case.
>>
File: 1493672367331.jpg (160KB, 1823x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1493672367331.jpg
160KB, 1823x1296px
>>53174457
You'll be short half the cyberware, firearms, armor, and vehicles. It's playable but kinda bleak for mundanes. Which is SR5's tagline desu senpai.
>>
File: Sirrurg.jpg (21KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
Sirrurg.jpg
21KB, 200x262px
>>53174411
The Azzies invented Blue-227 during the war, and deployed it against Sirrurg as a first test. You can bet your ass that they've been making it by the tonne and stockpiling it, and researching ways to deploy it against Hualpa and the other Amazonian dragons.

And you're mistaking what happened. Sirrurg was shot down (again) and crashed into the fog, his spirits destroyed and everyone within a half-mile dead thanks to his last-ditch mass-murder rite. Reports are that some giant forms disappeared into the fog, heading is in direction, but by the time the Azzies got there the body was gone. It was only revealed later that Sirrurg had been taken in hand by Celedyr as Loremaster. And whether or not the Azzies would have gotten into a shooting war with Celedyr (and by extent NeoNET, and probably every dragon on the planet) is an entirely different thing.

Sirrurg fucked things up something fierce, but the Az-Am War is going to go down in history as the first time since the Awakening that the power of mankind has overcome a great dragon in open combat.
>>
>>53174466
Read Market Panic for contenders to a AAA slot. UO is not going to do it, at least not on their own.

And nothing says that there needs to be a replacement. The interesting question is, who would be in a position to get Aztechnology's golden ticket?
>>
>>53174404
>if they become carriers
Becoming a carrier of any strain has no effect other than potentially infecting others.
>>
>>53174625
"Playable but kinda bleak for mundanes."

Should be on the front cover of CRB.
>>
How intelligent are drones if working from their pilot alone?
Like, when they're attacking someone can they make called shots and the like?
>>
>>53174228
Which would constitute starting world war 3 as far as I'm concerned. Shadowrun's political structure is kind of a house of cards, disturb it too much and the whole thing will come down. The current system works because everyone plays by the rules because it suits them, shake it up too much and everyones just going to go nuts.
>>
>>53175173

I disagree it's a house of cards. The way the books paint it is the corporations fuck with each other, but at the end of the day it's "Let's see. We could have M.A.D.. or we could make slightly less profit."
>>
>>53174625
That feel when you were looking forward to playing a Streetsam.
>>
>>53175309
>We could have M.A.D.. or we could make slightly less profit.
MAD & less profit go hand in hand in Shadowrun.
>>
>>53168619
Omega Order
find proof or make such and send it to the Corporate Court
>>
>>53156493
wiki says cybertechnology, a 2nd edition source book. In the pastebin.
>>
File: 1494457585907.jpg (380KB, 1400x990px) Image search: [Google]
1494457585907.jpg
380KB, 1400x990px
Would this sort of armor be replicable with anything other than Milspec?
>>
File: fba.jpg (416KB, 1536x1776px) Image search: [Google]
fba.jpg
416KB, 1536x1776px
>>53176521
Looks medium to heavy milspec senpai. You could maybe fluff it as FBA and shift the look of the other types of body armor heavier to match. I used pic related as FBA for a long time even though its probabably closer to light milspec.
>>
>>53174457
I'd actually recommend it if the group isn't familiar with Shadowrun at all, if only for a short campaign. The amount of info and CGL's poor editing/lack of cross-referencing make things a clusterfuck at first.
>>
>>53176521
Anthroform drone + rigger cocoon.
>>
I'm trying to make a decker for my first character. Could someone give me some tips?
>>
>>53179412
Print out the matrix cheatsheets, or see if the GM is going to be simplifying matrix actions so you don't clog up the game for the rest of the group.
>>
>>53179428
I meant help with chargen. There's a ton of shit to choose from and I could use some help narrowing it down.
>>
>>53179528
And I'll repeat, find out how your GM is gonna handle Matrix shit and share with us so we can actually help.

Also, don't expect /srg/ to make a character for you when you get back. Try to have at least basics done yourself.
>>
>>53179558
We're going to play with the rules as is first, then see what needs changing.
>>
>>53179651

Okay what's your metatype? Using priority gen or sum to ten? You're still not giving enough information to be useful.

Make a character, then come back and ask for advice. Chummer5 is for making characters, not /srg/.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x1661px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x1661px
>>53179412
Quick Config + Perfect Time means you can afford to buy a cyberdeck that only has one good stat, and switch your strongest attribute to the best one whenever you need to. Beyond that, just learn the Matrix actions and how many marks you need to do something. Pretty much every newbie decker I've seen will waste a bunch of turns getting three marks on a device just to use Edit File to loop a camera feed.
>>
File: 1472164401483.png (85KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1472164401483.png
85KB, 192x187px
>>53179724
>There's a ton of shit to choose from and I could use some help narrowing it down.
>"well uhhh figure it out yourself"
Just stop replying to me.
>>
>>53179757
Outside of decks, what augments and gear should I keep in mind? Should I shove the cyberdeck into my head? Is there any merit in buying the most expensive deck from the getgo?
>>
>>53179758
>Narrow it down for me!
>But I won't tell you what kind of decker I wanna be or how much I want to focus on decking or combat.
Dude, you can't even tell people what chargen method you're using. And don't put the cyberdeck in you unless the campaign is gonna involve a lot of undercover shit.
>>
>>53179781
Expensive deck means you can do more, faster and better. It also means you'll want to shield that thing with your own body if there are bullets threatening it.

Implanting hardware is generally worth it only for flavor, stealth, or if you just can't risk having the thing exposed to air.

Basic rule of thumb for ware is: Start by juicing the stats you rely on for your archetypal function.
>>
>>53179811
If you go with Yekka's shortcut, though, you can cut down pretty easily on your deck expenditure. Otherwise, try to get the best of the best, within your DM's availability rules.
>>
>>53179811
Outside of the deck, what's vital for decking?
>>
>>53179781
Hand of God: Cyberarm tricked out with AGI and armor for shooting.

Some LOG-boosting bioware if you can afford it.

And press for Sum to 10 over Priority Gen if you can.
>>
>>53179848
A decker. Trodes or a cyberjack, cyber ears with antennae are nice for noise reduction. Agents and programs to flavor.
>>
>>53179781
Cerebral boosters are good. Your key stats are Logic and Intuition. Get those two as high as possible. The next most important stat for the decker is Edge, it'll stop you from having to suffer the -2 try again penalty when you fuck up and also speeds up the matrix solo game. Plus passing your tests let's you stay undetected longer so you can help the team more.

Also for the implanted deck check with your GM on ease of removal for it. If you need to get a street doc to pull it out so you can repair it maybe think twice, but if it's more modular and you can do it yourself go for it.
>>
>>53179848
Look into all of the programs you can purchase. You'll be running the hell out of them.
>>
That was helpful. Thanks.
>>
>>53179970
Make an adept decker.
>>
>>53180052
That's a good meme, but probably a bad idea for anon's first character
>>
>>53180207
MysAd Decker?
>>
>>53180385
Even better! Honestly I'd like to try playing one, just to see how stupid I can make it.
>>
>>53180479
I'd want to play an adept/mysadept decker just for the mental image of a neckbeard clackclackclacking over a keyboard at 1000 words per minute
>>
>>53180580
I just want to be able to use Matrix Perception to find the Spider and then stunball his ass.
>>
File: A timeless hero.jpg (23KB, 305x374px) Image search: [Google]
A timeless hero.jpg
23KB, 305x374px
>My GM said if I made a SURGE'd Glue Man he'd allow it

I love my GM sometimes. But assuming I go for it and he wasn't just shitposting me, how does one even build Glue Man?
>>
>>53180826
Phys Ad. Literally zero Edge.
>>
>>53180826
Can SURGE even make someone entirely out of glue?
>>
What am I supposed to do when my runner is offered a job that he would never accept? Just have him leave and not play that session?
>>
>>53181052
Make a moral compromise, contribute somehow without participating directly so you can still put your name on the mission without violating your morals, or just get him to sit out or find a secondary job off-screen.
>>
>>53180839
>zero edge
Sounds about right for him.

>>53181007
Probably not but I'm figuring there could be an equivalent for sticky and more durable skin of sorts and then another for grey skin tone.
>>
>>53181007
>>53181078
Give him something like Gecko Grips, only full-body.
>>
>>53181052
Sounds about right. Or have him talk with the other players. Maybe he can convince them to fuck that job and go do a different one
>>
>>53180826
Professional Knowledge Skill: Basketball
>>
>>53181135
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Basketball) [Thrown Weapon]?
>>
>>53181517
>Exotic Weapon Proficiency
what?
>>
File: HannibalSpeakingtheTruth.jpg (70KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
HannibalSpeakingtheTruth.jpg
70KB, 640x718px
>mfw all this Glue Man talk makes me want to run a short campaign about shitty SURGE characters wanting to make it big as runners

Why does my brain come up with the stupidest shit.

>>53181602
I think for basically anything that's not a conventional weapon, you skill it using Exotic Weapons.
>>
>>53167970
DESIGNATED
TOXIC
STREET
>>
>>53181602
>>53181641
Too much D&D, called it proficiency like an ass. It's basically just what you use for any unconventional weapon, like a Melee-Hardened Monofilament Chainsaw (which I would 100% recommend trying on a character).
>>
File: Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg (41KB, 324x394px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula Can't Be This Smug.jpg
41KB, 324x394px
>>53181680
>melee hardening
>on a melee weapon
>>
>>53181768
Since it's not meant to be used on conventional materials. It would just sort of excuse the fact that it would normally not agree with armor.
>>
File: t. The Author Of Your Pain.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
t. The Author Of Your Pain.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>53181838
You're not making any sense. Melee Hardening does literally nothing for non-firearms, and while the monofilament chainsaw has combat and non-combat versions, there is nothing the non-combat version can do that the combat one cannot; the only difference is the non-combat one is cheaper and shittier. There's no need to excuse anything.
>>
>>53181952
Okay I'm just stupid. I never mentally made the distinction between the two.
>>
>>53181952
>Melee Hardening does literally nothing for non-firearms
Hmm.

>melee hardening reinforces the firearm’s mechanical and electrical components to protect them from damage from hard impacts
You have to be the most literal minded, uncompromising, RAW purist to not see how you can always strengthen mechanical and electrical components against impact.
>>
>>53182261
And you'd have to be the most stubborn, narrow-focused pseudo-engineer to think that a COMBAT CHAINSAW would not already be designed with impact in mind. Melee Hardening is a 500 nuyen sop for autists who complain about pistol-whipping damaging the gun.
>>
ooga booga where the discord at
>>
>>53182441
I prefer to think of it as GM insurance, or to help mitigate critical glitches. Even combat chainsaw blades break from time to time, so I'd rather have the melee hardening on it to argue for a more durable blade. Besides chummer, 500 nuyen isn't that much unless you're playing street scum/street level.
>>
>>53183353
So do you buy melee hardening for literally everything that might suffer impact? Honestly curious.

It's not a lot of money, I just never saw the point in buying something that has no explicit mechanical purpose, and specifically only exists for a single type of item, for other items in the hopes that I can argue the GM away from permanent damage being done to those other items.
>>
>>53183448
No, just things with moving parts. If the GM rules that my super high tech space age alloy sword breaks because I critglitch instead of say...it being used as a prybar by a cybered up street sam, then no amount of reasoning is gonna change his mind.

As I said, it's just 500Y insurance to keep from having to pay much more to repair or replace it.

...Though now I kinda want to buy melee hardening for rotodrone guns and just have them do fly-by pistol whipping.
>>
>>53182824
once you make one your fucking self, omae.
And honestly: Why get one at all?
>>
>>53183681
cause /5eg/'s discord is great and /srg/s could be too
>>
>>53182824
>making account in a program that sells your data to The Man
corp spy spotted
>>
>>53183779
/srg/ doesn't need a discord
Using a thread and anonymously posting fits Shadowrun better
>>
>>53183779
>/5eg/'s discord is great

Looks like >>53183803 was right. There's a reason /5eg/'s discord is not in the OP and never mentioned.
>>
>>53183779
Discords are cancer.
>>
>>53183930
what reason is that
>>
>>53183779
okay, chummer. Imagine, that from now on everyone in /srg/ was a tripfag
got it?
See how bad it is?
WHY THE FRAG WOULD YOU THEN WANT TO MAKE THIS?
>>
>>53184015
are you roleplaying as a leet hacker right now?
>>
>>53181052
This is why I have at least two jobs ready at all times. My players ask their fixer about available work whenever they want to work and he reply with something like, "I've got a couple lined up with Johnsons with a decent rep, one's a kidnapping and the other is a sabotage, they pay about the same." My players choose one and if they don't like the offer they can go with the other.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>53184282
>>53184282
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.