[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 422
Thread images: 51

Fifth Edition General Discussion Thread

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised subclasses
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/...
>>53077888

How do we fix artificers?
>>
Hey folks, my Wizard's career had an untimely end. What do I roll to round this party up?
Knowledge Cleric, Hunter Ranger(mostly melee), Assassin Rogue and a Champion Fighter.
We're lv6.
>>
>>53084207
crafting rules that make sense for normal campaigns. how do they fare on other systems?
>>
>>53084207
>How do we fix Artificers?
Make them Intelligent half-casters similar to Rangers and Paladins.

What >>53084247 said.
>>
>>53084238
not-wizard aka lore bard.
>>
>>53084238
Another cleric.
>>
what's a good party/equipment to do a rescue hostage mission like a medieval SWAT or Rainbow 6 team?
>>
>>53084270
Nothing but Fighters, Rogues, Barbarians, and Monks. No filthy casters allowed.
an AT or a Shadow Monk are fine but get that EK shit outta here
>>
>>53084270
>what's a good party/equipment to do a rescue hostage mission like a medieval SWAT or Rainbow 6 team?

A different system. Stop using D&D 5e for everything you stupid fuck. If you are trying to play a modern-day game, play a goddamn modern day game. Why the fuck is this such a thing with pathfinder and D&D? Once these autistics learn the system they refuse to learn everything else and try to adapt an RPG meant for low-effort high-fantasy powerwankery, for something requiring actual thought and strategy, and as a result they fuck it up. They also can't get out of their D&D expectations so they constantly screw that up as well.

Use. A. Different. System. There are loads of options for what you want to do:

>GURPS
>Savage Worlds
>MiniSix
>any of the 40k games
>>
>>53084270
A level 5 cleric with Revify spell prepared and a 750gp diamond.
>>
Reposting from the other thread.
Just downloaded the 7 new classes PDF from the ENworld kick starter.

The classes are actually decent and Alchemist is arguably the best alchemist class write up I've seen. I was excited for cardcaster as well and its amazing.

Still going through the 45 subclasses.
>>
>>53084373
So are you going to post it, or not?
>>
>>53084207
Change that bloody level 6 feature and make artificers not so dependent on it.

Make gunsmiths not shite and give them things like loadable grapple hooks, flour, rocket jump style shots or other ideas of which I've forgotten.

Don't give them automatic thieves' tools proficiency. Let rogues get that. Just regular thieves' tools proficiency, maybe give artificer an intellect skill expertise to make up for it.

Replace attunement-related features, make artificers be able to remake their magic items and their magic items not need attunement.
>>
posted on the other thread but no one answered:

I want to try to DM for the first time and introduce some friends to D&D, but i don't think i can get a proper 4-5 players party, at max 3.

i've been reading about the adventurer's league encounters and the first one (defiance at phlan) seems pretty good to introduce players to the game. several one-shots of about an hour, designed to take players from lvl 1 to 2 and highlighting factions and different kinds of gameplay.

how about this idea of running these with 3 players so they can get to lvl 2 and after that get them to play lost mines of phandelver?
>>
>>53084334
>he thinks you can't run a modern game in 5E
I can do this real easy. Check it:
>no magic-casting classes or archetypes
>add future-relevant skills like Computers
wew, really broke the ol' creativity bank on that one
gonna need a nap after that
>>
I think in a few months, I'll finally be able to convince my players to try 4e and escape this shithole of an edition.
>>
File: 1492808221143.jpg (20KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492808221143.jpg
20KB, 300x320px
>>53084453
I have one single (you) for low quality shitposters
>>
>>53084453
>not playing 54e
>>
>>53084453
>>
>>53084442
>hp bloat
>classes
>no gun mechanics

Yeah you're a fucking retard. 5e doesn't work for modern games. Deal with it. Better yet, read d20 Modern and realize that fact even more.
>>
>>53084487
Did someone make one yet? I've been on and off working on it.
>>
File: 1462477225093.jpg (28KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1462477225093.jpg
28KB, 350x335px
>>53084453
Good luck.
>>
>>53084417
>Change that bloody level 6 feature and make artificers not so dependent on it.
Isn't that just there to give you a robot horse? How is the artificer dependent on it.
>>
>>53084498
>he thinks classes disappeared in the modern era
>>
>>53084453
>try 4e and escape this shithole of an edition.

But D&D 5e and D&D 4e have like 90% overlap. The only difference really is the hit dice. The hp bloat is still there, the pussified math is still there, the retarded once-per-day fighter abilities are still here, the healing surges (sorry, """"hit dice""") are still here, and so is the pussy ass "you can't die until you reach -1xHP because it would make the normies cry" bullshit.
>>
>>53084417
Also make healing draught less of a 'only option' to start with. More concoctions and maybe an extra choice of concoction.

>>53084516
It can be a robot allosaur or whatever that deals a fair bit of damage, runs fast (You can sit on it and go fast) and might knock enemies prone in the process.
More than 50% of your damage will come from it when you first get it.

Meanwhile, while you're sort of a support anyway, the only class you might be able to compare to in damage is the monk.
>>
File: laughing_neckbeard.jpg (17KB, 337x276px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_neckbeard.jpg
17KB, 337x276px
>>53084529
>He thinks a fighter with 200 hp will be threatened by guys with guns
>he thinks D&D's shitty slog of padded-sumo combat will give the tension of a dangerous gunfight
>he would rather spend hours homebrewing than take 1 hour to learn a new system that works for his idea right out of the box
>>
>>53084334
are you dense or what? i didn't mean exactly to run a modern game

i meant, there's for example a piece of equipment in the PHB, i think that serves like a portable ram for doors. i imagined a fighter or paladin in heavy armor being at the front, with a tower shield. A non/magic user with several items (don't know if there's some item that can serve as a flashbang) and a fighter, wielding light crossbows and a ranger with a heavy crossbow or a longbow sniping from the back.
i even saw a trinket that is a metal box with two contacts that emit some sparks, so i think that could be used like a makeshift taser.
>>
>>53084516
>robot horse
>not giant frog and riding in style in your mount's mouth, completely safe from the outside world.
>>
>>53084548
I really hope you're shitposting, for your sake
>>
>>53084548
I think I'm being b8ed here, but I'll take a shot at a legitimate response. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, please don't abuse my trust!

5e's balance is back to caster superiority. Combat wise, 5e is balanced around martials taking the same actions over and over again, while casters have a wide variety of cantrips (though casters are still largely expected to use the most damaging cantrip over and over and over again). It makes for really boring combat, and caster domination outside of combat. 4e fixes these critical issues for me. The problems you seem to have with both editions are accurate, but they don't concern me. I like those features.
>>
>>53084453
Does /4eg/ have the same 5e shit posters as we have it?
>>
Where the HELL are the general DCs of skill checks?
>>
>>53084586
>a fighter with 200 hp will be threatened by guys with guns
Well, yeah. They're not using muskets.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (137KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
137KB, 500x676px
>>53084602
>>
File: 1488840492497.jpg (31KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
1488840492497.jpg
31KB, 480x482px
>>53084453
Kids these days, can't appreciate the more old-fashioned DnD themes.
>>
What's the best way to make a Summoner in 5e?
>>
>>53084718
conjuration wizard
>>
>>53084718
Necromancer
Make an army of zombies+skeletons
Win.
>>
File: beartank.png (816KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
beartank.png
816KB, 1280x905px
>>53084602
>not being an Artificer / Beastmaster Ranger whose mechanical companion is actually power armor for their animal companion
>riding around on an armored bear with mechanically-assisted strength and an enclosed turret that you've mounted your thundercannon to
>>
>>53084718
Human Moon Druid
Resilient Con, then Warcaster
Build up GBP from levels 1-4 (and potentially levels 5 and 6)
Conjure Animals, shift into a fat ass bear that probably won't fail saves, and hope for Wolves or something for infinite pack tactics, DON'T SPEND ALL YOUR GBP HERE, YOU NEED IT FOR LEVEL 7
At level 7 dump all your GBP into Conjure Woodland Beings for pixies, and cast Polymorph on everyone while making the other pixies fly away invisible for later use.
>>
File: IMG_20160729_162406.jpg (109KB, 609x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160729_162406.jpg
109KB, 609x663px
>>53084334
>getting this upset about people using a system
>not reccomending Cyberpunk 2020 for modern gunplay stuff
>being this much of a plebian
>>
>>53084207
Redo them as a full spellcaster, with more spells like Healing Elixir.
>>
>>53084718
Cleric and refluff Spiritual Weapon, Spirit Guardians and etc.

5e doesn't handle summoners well and everyone at the table will hate you. No one wants to sit through your 9 rounds of stroking yourself off while you command a small army.

If you really want to be a giant faggot then there's a UA Druid specifically designed around summoning. Circle of the Shepard or something.
>>
Reminder that rangers need to be removed from the game
>>
>>53084797
i know is not 5e, but which edition of cyberpunk is the best/easiest to run?
>>
>>53084718
Mystic with the Elemental Masteries.

Summon Elementals and Shadows, Shadows being OP as fuck
>>
File: TyrionConfused.jpg (16KB, 248x255px) Image search: [Google]
TyrionConfused.jpg
16KB, 248x255px
>>53084548
>But D&D 5e and D&D 4e have like 90% overlap.
>>
>>53039990

You 4ree cucks do know you're general is that way right? It sucks that your system had such a bad release that no one plays it but that's your problem.
>>
>>53084950
I like both 4e and 5e so I shall stay, but rest assured the so-called "4ree cucks" are obviously just trying to make 4e look worse. For some arbitrary unknown reason
>>
Is there any 5e creatures with multiple types? ie: "Undead Construct", or "Humanoid Abberation"
>>
>>53085039
Fiend shapechanger is a thing.
>>
>>53085039
Don't think so, it's normally easy enough to determine what the right type is. I'd say Undead or Construct would depend on how you feel about the creature being weak to things traditional Undead are weak to, so if you want it turnable or more organic then Undead otherwise Construct.

For Humanoid Aberration it would just be Aberration.
>>
File: ShellShockDogWantsCupcakes.gif (3MB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
ShellShockDogWantsCupcakes.gif
3MB, 256x195px
>>53084985
For some men, the editon war never ended. They can't accept a world without banal shitposting, so they become shitposting itself. They don't know how to be happy anymore.
>>
>>53085067
shapechanger isn't really a type, its more of a subtype or something.
>>
>>53084950
I play 5e, but I like 4e better.
>>
>>53084207
Artificers are an inherently bad concept for a class. Alchemists are by their nature men who spend their all their time in a laboratory reading books and doing experiments, not fighting and adventuring. To make them work as a D&D class, they get transformed from {pic related} into a magical grenadier. It's an awkward solution to an unnecessary problem.

As for the gunsmith, the problem is that it's only appropriate in high fantasy, steampunk/clockwork settings. Most people don't play those. Unless you want to play as a magician/gunslinger/inventor and the DM is running Eberron or something similar, it's useless.

>>53084247
This dude has the right idea. Give magic users the option to concoct alchemical acid or craft a Decanter of Endless Water.
>>
>>53085039
Nope.

Look at things like a flesh golem (which'd be most similar to an undead construct), or mind flayers (humanoid aberration), or dracoliches (undead dragon)

In all of these cases, they've only got one type.
>>
I'm puzzling how to write an alternate magic system that works similar to SoP. (Straight conversion isn't feasible) The warlock seems useful as a base due to the similarities.

Would anyone be interested?
>>
>>53084786
You can't command conjurations while in Wild Shape unless they're the same as your wild shape and your dm rules that while you wild shape into a cow you can speak Burgers
>>
>>53085154
What's SoP?
>>
>>53085135
>Magicians are an inherently bad concept for a class. Wizards are by their nature men who spend their all their time in a laboratory reading books and doing experiments, not fighting and adventuring.

That said, I'd kitbash it up under magic rules too, like you 'prepare' a potion of water breathing that only lasts a day instead of the spell water breathing.
>>
what to take for lvl 16 Paladin Oath of Ancient ASI
Stats: 18, 6, 18(20, Belt of Dwarven Kind), 10, 12, 20
Sword and Broad.
>>
>>53084207
The issue is they're not really what Artificers were in older editions, they're some shitty generic steampunk options that don't need to be their own class.

Really it should be either a full or half caster with the infuse magic as their only method of casting. Requiring more planning out of how to use their magic.

Also probably about Cleric levels of melee combat with medium armour and something similar to the Nature Cleric's version of Divine Strike.

Once all that's done I'd say they should have the tool expertise and increased attunement slots. The magic items they craft should be recoverable on a long rest.

Then give them some unique spells. Make a few subclasses focused on using buffs and weapons, one with better casting potential and maybe a pet one.
>>
One of my players is interested in playing something similar to a medium from pathfinder.
For those not familiar, mediums could allow different spirits to possess them in order to pretty radically change their abilities from day-to-day, switching from dpr to tank to mage or whatever.
Is there anything I can do to accommodate them?
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 568x152px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 568x152px
So how about that official Kung-Fu Bears ruling?
>>
>>53085223
STR??????
>>
>>53085257
Tell him he's not playing PF? Tell him to read the fucking book and pick his own class?
>>
>>53085199
Order them to accept commands via bear sign language, and grunts. Or just defer them to a different party member. Or just give them a code of conduct like "kill anyone killing us".
>>
>>53085258
Bearly oficial

Natural Weapon attacks aren't considered Unarmed Strikes
>>
>>53085257
Tell him to play a warlock like a normal person
>>
>>53085257
Mystic
>>
>>53085223
PAM, pick up a quarterstaff.
Or sentinel.
Or mobile.
Or shield master.
>>
>>53085204
Spheres of Power, I assume.
You have a number of spheres (natch) like Death, Life, Explosions, etc., which have Talents you can grab more of over time. Your basic 'costless' magic is limited by these talents, but you also have a stack of points you can drop for bigger, more powerful effects (again limited in scope by spheres and talents).
Basically, if you're a fire mage, you don't have to dick around preparing just fire spells, you can light things on fire whenever, shoot mediocre fireballs whenever, and if you grab the stuff later, fly on jets of flame or whatever. When things get rough, you can boost up your abilities with a limited resource, or do harder stuff.
>>
>>53085275
He's already familiar with 5e, but he liked mediums flavorfully and never tried one in his pathfinder days.
Besides it sounds pretty cool to me if I can make it work.
>>
>>53085313
Well no class can really change their powers day-by-day that radically. I guess a Cleric could be refluffed as spiritual stuff and change their spell list?
>>
What are fun feats for a paladin?
I rolled high stats, and so I want to take the luxury of enjoying the game rather than pay my optimization tax
>>
File: 1493605126601.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1493605126601.gif
613KB, 498x498px
Help me balance this shit Feat.

>Psionic Initiate
>You've got a hueg brain

>You learn one Talent and one Discipline from the Mystic list
>You have ??? psi points you can spend on this ability per long rest

The difficult part being balancing it compared to Magic Initiate, since unlike Magic Initiate it's not a single spell and Disciplines have several effects.

Something along the lines of only giving 2 PSI points seems about right for a level 1 spell.

Should non-Mystics be able to use the Focus of the discipline or nah?
>>
>>53085311
So...more or less exactly how the Mystic works?
>>
>>53085257
Mystic
>>
>>53085339
Give 'em Psi points equal to their Int modifier.
>>
>>53085313
>flavorfully
So, he likes the idea of daily making new pacts with spirits, or is it specifically the changing your class?
>>
>>53085291
>>53085378
That would work if he could switch archetypes and disciplines around maybe.
I've never really considered what the ramifications of letting a player do something like that would be.
>>
>>53085154
>>53085311
Yes, precisely. I want to write a system like that for 5e. There don't seem to be many alternate casting systems. The only one I could find was "raw magic" which just made magic more powerful. I want to limit the utility spells by forcing casters to specialize by theme like "summoning", "destruction" or "healing". Otherwise, making martials more useful a la Tome of Battle, Path of War, or Spheres of Might is also attractive.
>>
>>53085406
More the changing abilities.
Flavorfully really wasn't the right word.
>>
>>53085387
That could work, and it'd limit them to the equivalent of a 3rd level spell.

The idea is for it to be a useful pick for various classes and also be a decent pick for Mystics themselves looking to get a bit more ability, same as a WIZ or EK taking Magic Initiate for more Cantips and an extra level 1 spell slot.
>>
File: UAMystic3.pdf (401KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UAMystic3.pdf
401KB, 1x1px
>>53085429
Get your refluff pants on anon.
>>
Hello, does anyone have any maps or floor plans etc of insane asylums? I'm thinking Kirkbride style rambling gothic architecture
>>
>>53085410
Mystics get quite a few Disciplines already and can switch out one every level for a new one. Just flavor it so changing disciplines is like a new spirit possessing them.
>>
>>53085222
>Magicians are an inherently bad concept for a class. Wizards are by their nature men who spend their all their time in a laboratory reading books and doing experiments, not fighting and adventuring.

I can think of many fictional wizards who went on adventures and slaying monsters: Merlin, Väinämöinen, Gandalf, etc. I can't think of any alchemists who are famous for doing that sort of thing.
>>
>>53085480
>>53085461
Yeah I guess this'll work. Thanks.

Also I just looked at the actually medium and holy fuck I forgot how much I hated pathfinder.
>>
>>53085359
It seems so. Somewhere between the Mystic and the Warlock?

You can read about Spheres of Power (PF) here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com

There's also Path of War and Spheres of Might for martials.
>>
>>53085475
There's a perfect one straight out of Curse of Strahd

Saint Markovia's Abbey
>>
What spells should I yoink as a WuJen Mystic?

So far I've got
>Dispel Magic
>Shield
>Animate Dead?

Animate Dead could go well with the Mastery of Light and Darkness to make an edgemaster "nothin personell" Mystic.
>>
>>53085569
My players have already played Curse of Strahd and I was hoping for something a bit bigger, but its a good idea nonetheless thank you
>>
>>53085577
Oh duh, how could I forget

>Counterspell

Dispel Magic, Shield, and Counterspell seem like the best overall spells to take considering most other abilities can be emulated by Disciplines.
>>
>>53085577
can you get counterspell?
counterspell is always the correct choice.
>>
>>53085461
>(a) leather armor or (b) studded leather armor
What the fuck.
>>
>>53085614
yeah, right?
>>
>>53085614
They were probably going to put some medium armor there before remembering that not all archetypes get medium armor proficiency.
>>
>>53085614
Reminds me of the bard
>A) a lute or B) any instrument
>>
File: Binder.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Binder.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>53085558
Also, if you want another option, the Binder Homebrew ports the Binder class from 3.5 (Basically Medium) to 5e. It's big, because Binder pacts are basically akin to spells for wizards, you can't ship one without the other.
>>
What kind of action is a crown oath pally's champion challenge? I'm looking at the description and I'm not seeing an action type, though maybe I'm extra retarded today
>>
>>53085645
Or Barbarian
>a) a greataxe or b) any martial weapon
>>
>>53085335
I hope you're not just baiting autismos the rolling stats thing.
Otherwise, it really depends. Do you want to go for huge damage, maybe some non-paladin spells? More rp or more combat focused? You need to give us more info.
>>
>>53085645
>>53085711
Those two make sense. They give you the easier option ("here's what stereotypical members of your class start with") and a customized option.

Versus leather vs. studded leather, where studded leather is strictly better.
>>
>Rock Gnome Wizard (Any Archetype you want really, though Transmutation, Conjuration, or Theurge: Forge probably fit best) with the Gnome inventor feat

Congrats, you're a better Artificer than the Artificer class.
>>
>>53085678
The mystic UA does that too and it's still only half as long.
Still, I guess I'll look at it since it does seem closer to what I had in mind. Thanks.
>>
File: Mystic.jpg (162KB, 640x839px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic.jpg
162KB, 640x839px
Now that the dust has settled, for those who have either DMed or played as a Mystic, how did you enjoy it?
>>
>>53085727
ehhhh, i guess. They're still entirely pointlessly worded, leaving no real 2 option choice.
>>
>>53085718
Every one else at the table did it, so when I came
in I did it to. It just happens I'm the only one that got above average. (consistently high, but not 20's or anything)

I want to grab a fun feat, I'm already looking at a character that took its ASI's, so maybe I don't know, I should grab Ritual Caster Wizard, or Actor or whatever
>>
>>53085679
...That's a good fucking question. Considering it's not an offensive ability it could even have no action to use.

On Sageadvice they're saying it should be a bonus action though.
>>
>>53085750
A lot.
I'm thinking where to place my lvl 8 ASI.
I think I'll go with Con for even more immortality.
>>
>>53085750
My DM decided to not only never allow Mystics, but make fun of anyone who brought up Mystics for being powergamers and fluffed them to be his in-universe version of reculse hermits who solve plot developments he doesn't like.

I allow Mystics at my table, but no one went for it because it was too much to read through/they all have set roles they prefer.
>>
>>53085339
I considered making a custom 'ur psionic' feat, but immediately decided against it. It'll just boil down to Inertial Armor, or Bestial Hide, or something that's barely Psionic.

+Int, and and a Talent + Telepathy sounds like something I would make though.
>>
>>53085335
By fun you mean not the usual PAM/GWM/Sentinel builds, right?

If so, then Inspiring Leader is pretty good, as is Magic Initiate Cleric or Warlock, though the latter is sort of for optimization purposes.
>>
After 15 years of being a DM, I finally convinced my group to let me play instead of DM. We're limited to just the original players handbook, so here's what i've come up with. Thoughts?

Half-orc Skald (war-bard) w/ Criminal:spy background
str 14
dex 14
con 14
int 10
wis 10
cha 14
I'm looking to play him like an uglier james bond character wise, but i guess close to a 4th ed warlord archetype wise. Any advice on spells or things I should focus on?
>>
>>53085874
Is that before or after racial modifiers? Not having at least one 16 is going to hurt you going forward.
>>
>>53085258
I think you mean kung fu spiders. You can grapple an entire encounter.
>>
>>53085782
Are you playing variant human? There are a ton of fun feats. Magic initiate (you'd likely go for a charisma based caster), Keen Mind, Lucky, Actor... I'd go for one of those probably. There are also some more combat focused that aren't the standard "GWM and PAM" cheesing.
>>
>>53085874
Thats after. Before he was 12 str, 13 con.

The guy running it wanted us to be not-uber. Like we have a drow paladin, teifling ranger, human rogue, dwarf barbarian, and we'll probably be getting a half-elf warlock.
>>
Can you counterspell psionics like a mindflayers innate psionics?
>>
I'm going to be putting my party on a a large campaign inspired by Deltora Quest.
Would /tg/ find that fun?
>>
>>53086000
If the effect is a spell, then yes.
You can counterspell dominate person from a mind flayer but not a mystic discipline.
>>
>>53086000
No.
>>
I have a campaign set in a kingdom where monsters have become so innocuous and wide-spread that they're domesticated/negotiated with and there's an entire guild backed by the government with the job of sorting out issues with them.

The only problem is that I've realized that I haven't nearly given them the kind of prevalence I worked them up to have in the beginning. So I need ideas for monsters used as farm animals, work horses, pets, trade partners, or anything else you can think of other than "obstacle for party to beat at with stick"
>>
>>53086027
Something like this would require far more than one guild, it's too vague and broad.

Some monsters are not sentient, others are but they are completely evil. Does the kingdom bribe them? employ them? enslave them? How about wizards mind-controlling kobolds and all the untameable.

Do they have their own currency? Maybe some species have enough of a collective intelligence to muster up a single representative. Just seeds for ideas or something.
>>
>>53086027
Bulettes are used by dwarves for excavation and tunneling in my setting, so there's that.

Gray Renders could be high security guard dogs with some creative imprinting.
>>
>>53086027
>>53086119
Also, keep and Otyugh in a sewer or garbage dump and you'll never have to worry about waste management
>>
File: 1482468874277.jpg (486KB, 1920x2232px) Image search: [Google]
1482468874277.jpg
486KB, 1920x2232px
>>53085750
I've played two kinds of Mystic so far:
Ultra powergaming Mystic with 24 AC and broken status effect AoEs
And super non-combat Psychic Detective who solves the multi session long investigation with one casting of Find Creature, with a couple of mind rapes, and truth serums along the way.

I think it'd be pretty balanced if the AC stacking things were instead all different AC calculations, with maybe one or them being a bonus. Or if the power of some things were redistributed, like Nomadic Mind's focus being broken but the abilities being shit.

There are two things that make it difficult to balance: freedom of choice, and the ability to spam one thing nonstop.

Most disciplines have one or two abilities that shine far above the other things that discipline gives you. An optimized Mystic can take several disciplines, and essentially use only the most broken abilities from each one. This is where the distribution of power needs to be better.

The other thing, the ability to spam one skill, is also extremely powerful. If Soothing Presence is the best thing to use then you're not limited to 2-4 uses a day. You can use it over and over if it's really the best thing to do.

Combining these two problem leads to the imbalance: One broken skill found in the dark corner of some discipline multiplied by your max uses per day leads to most of Mystic's issues. You could also reduce the number of points they have, but it feels pretty shit when you don't have enough points to cast a little mind trick here and there.
>>
>>53086064
While I appreciate the ideas, I'm already quite a few sessions into the campaign, so I'm kind of past the point to make those kinds of sweeping changes to the world, save for doing them live in the campaign and making that a plot point. I do however have some monster towns and civilizations on the map that the players haven't interacted yet, so I might use that unique currency idea

To be honest though, I made the organization broad and vague on purpose, since it's designed for the players to be members of that guild, and for it to allow them to have varying degree of jobs, as well as introducing a reoccurring theme of how monsters are handled being left to individual branches of the guild, leading to conflicts in how harshly or kindly to treat monsters, and give players some leeway in how to approach situations.
>>
How many goblin it take to level up 5 guys
>>
>>53086027
Flail Snail for field work

Xorns could offer strange businesses. Travel guide through mountains in exchange for metal. Or maybe they themselves trade metal and gems that they reluctantly choose not to devour for something even more important to them.
>>
>>53086252
many golbin
>>
>>53086252
Do you split XP gains over the entire party or give each person in the party the full XP amount?
>>
>>53086307
which one is the correct one
>>
I want to let a character multiclass, but their patron was going to be Geni Locii of a house, rather than your standard Belzebub / Cthulu / Titanya / Sauron .

Can't tell quite well which one suits it best. Great old one I guess
>>
>>53086330
Divided, but then depends in how many hobos are doing the murdering.
>>
>>53086330
Milestones
>>
>>53086347
>Can't tell quite well which one suits it best
whichever one the player wants.
>>
>>53086348
>>53086330
130 goblins per character, by the way.
>>
Does the Long Death monk ability to gain temp HP on a kill trigger on a destroyed undead

Intuitive mechanics says no, but raw....
>>
>>53086252
to what level and how many goblins at once?
>>
>>53086390
Bag of rats.
Basically, if the DM thinks it's bullshit, you aren't getting temporary HP.
>>
>>53086399
levl 1 to 2
idk how many they can take
>>
>>53086438
well one goblin is 50xp, so against a 5 man party they award 10xp per goblin per player.

It takes 300xp to get to level 2

of course too few or too many goblins in one encounter changes the CR of the encounter and thus the experience reward.
>>
>>53086413
I still find it odd that Long Death works with bag of rats but Fiendlock doesn't.

Though Long Death fluff kind of fits bag of rats thematically. I can imagine one dissecting a rat just for interest.
>>
>>53086481
According to Kobold Fight Club, 11 goblins all at once can send our illiterate friend's players to level 2.
>>
>My computer won't fucking load the new UA no matter what I do for no fucking reason
>I can't see anything about it on the github
Would it be too much to ask for a little help?
>>
>>53084420
Don't bother with the other stuff, just run LMoP. It's meant to be started at level one anyways. It's a great adventure for new DMs and players.
>>
>>53086570
they're PDFs. Its your browser acting up.

Try saving it and loading it in adobe reader instead.
>>
>>53084207
Anyone have any pdf's or collections of paper minis? Im amassing a hoard and will be willing to share as well
>>
>>53085750
I disallow mystics at my table. They're too much of a "can do everything" class.

I prefer the classes having specialized roles, so that no party members steps on the toes of another, and they all feel useful.
>>
>>53084207
Playing a caster for the first time, specifically a cleric.
Am I considered to know every Cleric Spell and I just have to prepare them? Or do I only know (Let's assume I'm Level 3) 4 level 1 spells plus the two bonus, and 2 level 2 spells plus the bonus from my domain?
>>
>>53086609
http://www.iheartprintandplay.com/download/
>>
>>53086665
every day you can prepare a number of spells equal to your wisdom modifier + your cleric levels
they can be any combination of spell levels assuming you have unlocked that tier
>>
>>53086598
I can't save it because all the thing gives me is a solid grey wall, not even a download button.
Thankfully however, this inspired me to use Firefox for just a moment and that worked.

>a third Favored Soul
What the fuck?
>>
>>53086655
So do you disallow wizards?
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_076.png (1MB, 2772x1194px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_076.png
1MB, 2772x1194px
>>53086609
As a sign of good faith i'll just dump some of mine meanwhile
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_038.png (2MB, 2860x1180px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_038.png
2MB, 2860x1180px
>>53086694
Thanks brah
>>
>>53084797
>even acknowledging CP2020 as an RPG
>>
>>53086696
Yes, but there's say... 20 or so Level 1 Cleric Spells. Can I choose to prepare any of those when I prepare spells, or do I have to "know" the spells?
>>
>>53084923
May not be easiest to pick up but the most comprehensive and cohesive once acclimiated is the standard CP2020 rulebook, not the 3.0 or 2013
>>
>>53086777
please read spellcasting on the cleric pages should be 58 in your players hand book
thank you
>>
>>53086655
>>53086702
Actually 'can do everything' is probably more towards bards than wizards.

While wizards have a great deal of utility, unless you allow stupid multiclasses like cleric1/wizardX for high armour they're squishy if they don't burn spellslots and they can't do so much outside of those spell slots, aside from rituals.

Bards straight up steal spells. However, they still have their downsides. I'd hate on moon druid more for stealing the tough guy's roles as well as being a caster.
>>
>>53084238
Swamp druid with a ton of fire spells!
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_030.png (1MB, 2633x1196px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_030.png
1MB, 2633x1196px
>>
>>53086777
you "know" all of them (except for cantrips, you only know the amount of cantrips it says you do) and can choose any of them to prepare that are of a level you can cast

compare the wording for clerics and other divine casters with the wording for arcane casters, who do not know all spells from their list by default, and you'll see the differences
>>
>>53084238
Wolf barbarian. Give all those fuckers advantage.
>>
Whats your favorite 3rd party supplement?
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_092.png (2MB, 2820x1196px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_092.png
2MB, 2820x1196px
>>
>>53086844
The PHB except with any bullshit crossed out.
>>
Why does 5eTools have third party stuff on it? Is it third party stuff endorsed by WotC?
>>
>>53086844
Blood Hunter Class by Matt Mercer
7 New Classes by ENWorld
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_100.png (3MB, 2820x1196px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_100.png
3MB, 2820x1196px
>>53086844
>checked
My favorite is the Tome of Beasts, lots of cool monsters especially mummies and other undead
>>
>>53086931
Got a link to the 7 classes pdf?
>>
As someone who hasn't build a martial before (not even a half-caster), is it worth going into Fighter just for Action Surge just as a PAM & Sentinel based Devotion Paladin?

Or should I go in deeper for the Battlemaster shit? Or not at all?
>>
>>53086824
<3
>>
>>53085750
Played as a Nomad Mystic I had good fun.
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_130.png (3MB, 2564x1496px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_130.png
3MB, 2564x1496px
Heres some more for
>>53087038
>>
>>53086655
A single mystic character cannot do everything. They're a customizable class rather than a dozen individual classes that they could have been instead. You're arguing about presentation.
>>
>>53087017
Depends if you want the nova damage or faster paladin abilities and spells. Either is fine
>>
>>53086931
What seven classes come on man what is the link
>>
>>53086655
>can do everything
lol have you ever tried to even build one?
>>
>>53087017
No, not really. You only get two extra attacks, and you probably don't want to put off your later level features along with losing some spell progression which would have been more nova.

Considering you'll have bonus actions and reactions and smites you don't really need an extra action except to use devotion's +CHA to hit, and speaking of that you shouldn't be avoiding ASIs by getting a couple of levels of fighter.
>>
>>53086549
RTFM
'~EXP challenge equivalency calculation~' isn't equal to the experience you hand out.
>>
>>53085871
That is exactly what I mean, yes.

I hesitate with Inspiring leader, because every one else in the team is already playing around with temp hp (long death monk, fiend warlock, rules on magic drugs)
>>
>>53087381
>>53087017
I admit the Battlemaster's maneuvers are tempting me more than anything else.
>>
File: 1493998632096.png (20KB, 387x190px) Image search: [Google]
1493998632096.png
20KB, 387x190px
Would you 5e?
>>
>>53087381
You can use the action surge to cast a spell or lay on hands, which could be immensely useful in many scenarios
>>
>>53086931
Link the fucking classes
>>
Do you have the identifier of a magical item get cursed if the item is cursed?
>>
>>53087432
Depends on a lot of variables.

How many hours does the GM have, what's the cost, what's the timeslot, the system, etc.
>>
>>53087000
>>53087361
>>53087473
Have you tried the magic of google?
>>
>>53087498
Person who identifies it? No. Only if they attune to it.
>>
>>53087498
>I cast Identify on the ring
>youve been cursed fucko :)
>No, I Identify it, not wear it.
>you cant comprehend the nature of my curse~

This is when you start putting anything you find on homeless people first.
>>
>>53087520
It isnt up anywhere yet that ive found. Stop being a cunt and link it.
>>
Anons? Which of these three settings do you think would be easiest to pull off in 5e, and which would be more interesting?

#1: A post-apocalyptic world of the "fantasy world blew itself to shit with mutagenic nuke-spells" variety.

#2: A quasi-Middle Eastern setting with non-standard races (for example: gnolls as a decadent but not ACE empire, genasi as heirs to the thrones of genies, dragonborn as outcast spawn of the Devil-Wyrm, thri-kreen mercenary packs).

#3: A Nazi Zombies-inspired hellhole, consisting of a country sealed off and left to rot by the outer world after it was devastated by an apocalyptic zombie army outbreak.
>>
>>53087498
>punish the players for taking precautions
This is how you get them to never take an item you give them ever again
>>
>>53087620

2 is the easiest since it seems like straight up DnD with Middle Eastern flavour, 1 shouldn't be too difficult and strikes me as more interesting.
>>
>>53087620
#2.
>>
>>53087520
>I'll be a smug assclown in my post! Am I cool yet mommy?
>>
>>53087443
Yeah but muh paladin progression...
>>
>>53087620
Easiest would be 1 or 2 but easy and interesting would be 2.

I'd like playing in #2.
>>
>>53087554
>magical item imbues wearer with incredible power and a compulsion to destroy anyone that gave them free stuff
Your move, fuccboi
>>
>>53087631
>>53087632
>>53087640
Reminds me, I started a thread a few weeks ago about a magocratic city ruled by a gynosphinx god-queen. Persian-esque flavor, as I recall. Would a place like that fit into a setting styled after #2?
>>
What make all green party? Oath of ancient paladin, druid, fey warlock, and ranger is all I have.
>>
>>53087385
What kind of build are you going for, or more specifically, what is your character like?

Oath, preferred way to fight, that kinda shit.
>>
>>53087620

#2 is easiest, but #1 is far more interesting (speaking as a fan of PA settings like Dark Sun). #3 is more side adventure material IMO.
>>
>>53087678
Nature Cleric.
>>
>>53087668
It's "inspired by" and "arabesque", it'll fit just fine.
You don't need it to be kamigawa levels of detailed.
>>
Trying to get some friends into playing 5e, would taking Death House and adapting it to a modern world setting be a good idea. I'm also planning on introducing the idea of multi dimensions and their potential traversal.
>>
>>53087681
Vengeance Paladin. I know, I know, but we're doing Curse of Strahd, and I'm already a little over powered, so I didn't want to solo the campaign by going devotion, and Ancients isn't my style.

Fighting style is Defense. I'm about the only frontliner, so I'll be grabbing sentinel at 8 or 12 I guess
>>
>>53087688
I've actually got #1 started elsewhere, I've just hit that snag where there's so many things I *could* write for it I can't decide what I *should* write.

Not that I can talk about it on /tg/. I mean, seriously, with a PC race list like this? I'd be laughed off of 4chan!

Humans, because even I still default to a significant human population, the "Old Ones" of the setting.

Dwarves, a mostly extinct race who were direct causes of the apocalypse.

Forgeborn Dwarves, an elementally infused variant of dwarves who are replacing the old dwarves as more and more of them are born mutated.

Orks, descendants of elven captives alchemically mutated into super-soldiers by the dwarves during the setting's apocalyptic war, who now just want to be left alone.

Aranea, sorcerous spider-people who evolved from giant spiders used as guardians for their libraries by the elves.

Ratfolk ("Rodushi"), an aspirationally noblebright people who believe their sacred duty is to restore civilization to the wasteland.

Kobolds, mutant neotenous dragon hatchlings culturally obsessed with reverting back into dragons.

"Drakkenfolk", the more successful experiments of kobold ascension.

Fangwyrms, a mutant offshoot of kobolds who are basically one part kobold, one part friendly critter, one part snake and one part hungry piranha.

Shadar-kai, mutated descendents of the now-extinct elves, transformed into shadow-touched creatures by their former necromantic mastery.

Drow, mutated elves who escaped annihilation by fleeing underground.

Warforged, created by humans to try and turn the battle during the Doomwars.

Gnomes, natural arcanotech tinkers who may be mutant dwarves or mutant elves, they're not sure.

Phanatons, a peaceful race of gliding raccoon-monkeys who evolved out of the mutagenic mana-radiation saturating the forests.

"Slyvharri", suicidally militant, warlike bunny-folk created by evil and thoroughly insane elven lich-wraiths as an implement of vengeance.
>>
>>53087749
>and adapting it to a modern world setting be a good idea
you could literally not change a thing and it could fit in a modern setting. It's a haunted house for fucks sake.
>>
>>53087813
>you could literally not change a thing and it could fit in a modern setting.
Scooby Doo campaign when?
>>
>>53087835
That would be pretty great.

>>53087813
There's no need to be autistic.
>>
>>53087835
>He didn't play a cowardly Beastmaster with a dog in CoS
>>
>>53087932
I would have figured Shaggy for a monk, considering his fast running speed and mad kung fu skills when hypnotized.
>>
>>53087944
Drunken Master, except it isn't alcohol.
>>
>>53087976
He's a 420 master.
>>
>>53087944
All I know is I had fun with it. Only the DM figured out what I was doing and always had me get split from the group and go through chase scenes.

The rest of the party figured out when I tried to take of Strahd's face saying it was a mask.
>>
>>53087987
Blazing fists amirite?
>>
I'm terrible at roleplaying, what can I do to improve?
>>
>>53087770
Vengeance Paladin is more likely to wreck shop solo, Devotion is the best for party support I think.

Since it's for a Strahd campaign, you can take Magic Initiate Cleric for Guidance and some other support shit. It'll totally help the party.

it's what I'm doing on a devo pally right now
>>
>>53088026
Tell us of your character and some basics of it's concept.
>>
>>53084238
A lore bard or a druid for sure. What type of druid would depend on whether you want to support the front line on be in the front line.
>>
>>53088047
It's not the caracter, I just suck in roleplaying in general, never made an interesting PC
>>
Are there any 5e compatible books that make casters less versatile and martials more versatile, especially outside combat, as with Pathfinder Spheres of Power and Path of War?
>>
>I thought Wizards got 4 spells at level one but they really have 6

Happiest moment of my day, so I'm a level 2 War Mage and have 8 spells. These look alright?

Mage Armour, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Grease, Magic Missile and Disguise Self.

Then I've got Detect Magic, Find Familiar and Alarm but I'll never prepare them. Only ritual.

Does it look alright?
>>
>>53088067
Without a character or a story there is little I can tell you other than
>git güd
>>
>>53088080
It's pretty good, but I'd put Shield in there somewhere.
>>
File: disgusting 2.jpg (220KB, 908x730px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting 2.jpg
220KB, 908x730px
>>53088080
>no Shield
>>
>>53088099
>>53088107
War Mage gets a free pseudo-shield as a reaction, +2 AC and +4 on a CON Save.

I was considering removing Mage Armour because I hope to take a level of Fighter for medium armour eventually.
>>
>>53088071
no. that'd require basically a full rewrite of every class except maybe the half casters, and no one is going to take a stab at that until much later in the edition's lifecycle, because they dont want all their work invalidated by, say, phb 2.
>>
>>53088118
Oh, sounds good in that case. If you're allowed to take non-core spells you should probably get Ice Knife.
>>
>>53088085
>Without a character or a story there is little I can tell you other than
How do I make an interesting concept?
>>
>>53088134
I was thinking about that but the rest of the party are a Fighter, Paladin and Ranger I think. Between them there's not much I can help with for damage.

At level 3 I plan to take some more AoE control spells. Probably Web and/or Flaming Sphere for one of them.
>>
>>53088125
This is my first edition following 5e, how drastic do the changes tend to be for new PHB?
>>
>>53088125
So we will get it eventually? Would I be able to write a setting with the assumption that the disparity is closed in the future? I am writing a setting with SoP and PoW style mechanics in mind and wanted to be 5e compatible in the future.
>>
>>53088154
A character doesn't need an interesting concept for it to be good roleplaying. Big dumb tribal barbarian that doesn't understand urban ways of living isn't uncommon or particularly interesting, but it doesn't mean you can't roleplay it well
>>
>>53088154
Start with this.
Pick class and background you LIKE. This is important. Then pick race and distribute attributes.
Then tie it all together.

Try it now.
Just a simple paragraph.

And listen to >>53088207 too.
>>
>>53087620
#2 would be the easiest to play. #1 could be the most interesting to play, depending on how well you execute it. I'm imagining a Bosch/Bruegel the Elder painting come to life.
>>
File: Character's Cheat Sheet.jpg (112KB, 488x620px) Image search: [Google]
Character's Cheat Sheet.jpg
112KB, 488x620px
>>53088220
Someday I'll remember to attach the image.
>>
>>53087620
I ran a post magical apocalypse game, and it was super easy to run, but the problem was that there wasn't a lot of rule of law, and the players were basically the masters of the universe outside the megasettlements which was 95% of the campaign. It was definitely a game style for people that make their own goals since they could have started their own cult and no one could stop them.

After running a game like that though I really felt like running a more classic campaign.
>>
>>53088182
>>53088189

5e has followed a very different product cycle from past editions of Wizards DnD, so it's hard to say. We are expecting a phb 2, or something very similar, because we know wizards wants to publish their UA stuff so they can make money off of it. Whether or not we will see further revisions of stuff that was not touched in the UAs remains to be seen, but if the latest UA is any to go by than wizards seems to have some idea of what we like and what we think needs fixing, so a rewrite of the way of 4 elements monk seems quite probable.

A book in the vein of tome of 9 blades is virtually guaranteed to come out eventually, whether by wizards or a third party, but the very nature of it being a "fix" ensures it is going to happen later, not sooner.
>>
>>53088005
He's constantly blazed all right.

>>53088003
Nice, very nice.
>>
>>53088306
Wizards are set to announce a few more products but they've been under wraps for a while now.
Goddamn do they need to get quicker with their releases though.
>>
>>53088483
I'm surprised they haven't even announced what's coming out next.
>>
>>53088558
Yeah, it's pretty baffling. Maybe it's because of their skeleton crew that they can't put out too many titles at once.
>>
>>53088306
PHB2 will never happen, just like there will not be MM2. it's bad optics, it dilutes the brand.
You want to look at a shelf in a bookstore and see PLAYERS HANDBOOK, anything else muddies the water too much.

the UA will be in either setting books
( Darksun, project: DUST, Sigil/Planescape, project: Midway) or general lore books (ala Volo's)
>>
So I have three character concepts, can someone help me decide what would be better for a group game? Setting is Apocalypse, level 15 start with implied Level 20 within the first month. And the DM is fine with us embellishing the backstory however we want for our character.

Cleric/Wizard multiclass that became an adventurer after the Great War to keep his family financially secure, wife and two children, and gained infamy by protecting an entire city from a Goblinoid invasion with Spirit Guardians, Spiritual Weapon and Guardian of Faith until the army came. His family means everything to him, and he would be willing to do anything to protect them. Generally an All Star Superman vibe.
Open Hand Monk who believes that life is nothing but a land of opportunity for those who have the will to grasp it. Fought as an adventurer to amass wealth and fame, and ended up becoming famous after challenging and fighting a dragon to the death with nothing but a club. He's gonna say it was ancient, but really it was a youngling. I'd try and play him as an asshole who acts like he's hot shit, but realizes that he needs to band together with his group to survive.
A Conquest Paladin who preaches a belief that he wishes to protect the innocent and save those who cannot save themselves, but only fights to relish in the destruction of a foe. He gained renown when they helmed a crusade against a demon attempt to break out of the Nine Hells, and infamously took a group of warriors with him to go inside the Nine Hells themselves to kill their leader. He was the only survivor, because he willingly chose not to save his comrades after they saw his enjoyment of the slaughter, beyond religious zeal. His mask of Devotion and inner battlelust would be a key part of his personality.

Are any of these pure shit? Are all of them? To be clear, I would put party cohesion at the top of my list, none of that "I betray the party for personal gain" shit.
>>
We ever going to see official setting books for their other IPs? Like, Ravnica?
>>
Dear 5eg'ers,

How would a druid/rogue turn out?
>>
>>53088767
historically a pretty traditional multiclass.
>>
>>53088732
it might not be called that, but they have to put the ua ranger somewhere, and it would also look very bad for them to sell the original phb with the original ranger and then a different splat with the revised ranger. a "revised" phb replacing the original containing both the old stuff with some updates and some new stuff would be more justifiable, and sellable to people that already own the phb

>>53088755
the planeshift docs are likely wizards testing the waters for published mtg-in-dnd books. its an obvious avenue for them to pursue, but there hasnt been anything said about their plans for doing more with it or not.
>>
>>53088790
Yeah? Druid dipped into rogue or vice versa?
>>
>>53088755
In a Planeshift UA probably.
>>
>>53088749
They all sound boring or edgelords, roll a die.
>>
>>53088732
You got a citation for that?
>>
>>53088857
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3927-Dust-and-Midway-Codenames-for-Upcoming-D-D-Hardcovers

dont have links for the no "2" books but thats been the talk in the twitterverse since launch.
>>
Lost our parties wizard to the animated armor in the lodge. The wizard a had a porting spell that sends him to a isolated room/wizards lab sealed off from the world that he got from a spell book/scroll. He decided to go up close to attempt to drag the armour into the room with him and then he was going to port out. He managed to drag the suit with him but then more of less bisected by the suit and bleed out. We couldn't get to him once he was in the lab.

He's re-rolling as a eldritch knight.
>>
>>53088890
No, I meant any citation where they call them out to be Dark Sun and Planescape or is that speculation on your part?
>>
So, question all: if we actually got a "Sigil Adventurer's Guide", what player-level content would there actually be in it? What do you think it'd have to have in order to be useful for PCs in a Planescape 5e game?
>>
>>53088943
Educated guess based on Unearthed Arcana, official poll's, and wishful thinking.
>>
>>53088963
As long as we get an updated Dead Gods, the rest of the book could be a toast recipe compendium and I would still buy it.
>>
>>53088979
I'm all for hoping but they gotta announce that shit.
>>
>>53088979
Dagger turned out to be Storm King's Thunder.
>>
>>53089030
>>53089013
mite b wrong
>>
>>53088943
I think the main reasoning is that "Dust" represents the Dark Sun campaign "Valley of Dust and Fire", while "Midway" is literally what Sigil is, a midway point between the planes (hence Planescape)
>>
Anybody have that list of special qualities for weapons? I can't describe it, but I know Blowgun's effect was "If you make an attack from stealth, your position isn't revealed" or something similar
>>
What are some must have spells for a Pact of the Old One Warlock who has pact tome for his boon
>>
I'm getting in to a game that's going to be essentially set in Greek mythology. Any suggestions? Any official or UA content's allowed, with the exception of Aarakocra, Mystic, and Artificer.
>>
using a setting with firearms and i'm trying to make archetypes for a few classes to give players incentive to try making weird or different builds. i want to make a "spellshot" sort of archetype for wizard but i'm kinda lost at to what to make for features. i was thinking a restore spell slot on a crit and then have a temporary critical range buff at some point as well as some ability to make your attacks magical but idk how to make it an okay alternate option and it just being "hurr OP wizard that can also martial"
>>
>>53089054
See >>53089030
>>
>>53089156
That was also because Strahd was "Cloak"

"Cloak and Dagger". I haven't played either, but is Strahd more cheeki breeki sneaky and SKT more knifey stabby?
>>
>>53089189
>cheeki breeki sneaky
>knifey stabby
What the fuck is this shit.

SKT is about breaking free of the divinely mandated caste system and the continued conflict between the giants and dragons. There's an overaching plot but that's more spoilers
>>
>>53088942
I don't understand, did you have a question?
>>
>>53085285

But anon, he's not using Natural Weapons, just his bear hands.
>>
>>53089054
Dust is going to be a Forgotten Realms adventure based around the Ring of Winter (and likely the end of the world, but that's FR adventures in a nutshell). It has some writing in it from Pendleton Ward. Source: SKT's mentions of the Ring of Winter, Chris Perkins confirming the Ring of Winter adventure was slated for this year.

Midway is going to be the first mechanical expansion book. Source: many of the weekly UA surveys were titled with "Midway survey." As well, 5e puts out two adventures + a supplement per year, as it has in both 2015 (SCAG) and 2016 (VGM).
>>
>>53089249
Nah just mentioning what happened in my groups game. Also how tough is the animated armour in the lodge normally? Cause it was a bitch for us.
>>
>>53089189
Every module involves sneaking and combat, you fucking retard.
>>
>>53089189
>play curse of strahd
>suppose to be grim horror kind of deal
>everyone kept making eastern european and vampire jokes
>nobody took Strahd seriously
fun times
>>
>>53089286
okie doke. makes sense to me, but it i think it's shit and i won't buy none of it.
>>
As far as the next adventure goes, here's how I see things:

HotDQ and RoT were about dragons.
PotA was about elementals
OotA was about demons
CoS was about vampires and werewolves
SKT was about giants

I feel certain the next adventure will revolve around a classic fantasy monster. But which one?
>>
>>53089321
No one fucking cares.
>>
For my Battlemaster
Should I take...
>Alert
>Blademaster
>Martial Adept

I feel like alert is a pretty good one that will stay effective throughout an entire game, +5 to initiative is pretty good

Blademaster seems decent for early game, but I'm not sure if +1 to AC is worth using my reaction for. The advantage on opportunity attacks seems useful though.

Martial adept sounds great on paper. 2 extra maneuvers and another superiority die. But I feel like it will be a waste once my character progresses more and I have like 11 maneuvers. 11 of the maneuvers aren't even good, I can have all the worthwhile ones without taking the feat.
>>
>>53089138
arcane archer is that for bows already. not everything needs to be a full caster

a more wizardy version could spend spell slots to apply spells (touch-range? cantrips? i'd probably just do cantrips) to who you shoot. might work better with spell points instead of slots. could be a half-caster or even third caster depending on how much martial you want in your gun gish.
>>
>>53088240
Does anyone know what this is actually from?

It seems like there's more pages of advice like this.
>>
>>53089286
Release when? Your speculation is still speculation.
>>
>>53089332
rude.
>>
>>53089385
Dust comes out in September, Midway comes out in November.
>>
>>53089135
You could go full For Honor and be a Barbarian Path of the Ancients, and push the "All non-Abrahamic Gods existed within their regions" thing.
Or you could go full Greek, but there are a few different ways you could.

>Normal Greek Champion, Champion Fighter
>Great Inventor, aka Daedalus, and go Athena Wizard
>Medea, Warlock Fiend Pact
>Minotaur Barbarian Beast Totem
>Druid Nature Dryad (refluffed elf?)
>Son of Apollo or Daughter of the Hunt Ranger
The only classes you couldn't really do are Rogues or Monks. Rogues would be too sneaky to fit anything except someone like Sisyphus, and Monks are too out of place.
>>
>>53089342
Blade Mastery**
>>
>>53089367
>arcane archer
that already kinda blows desu. i could try and make a weird version based off eldritch knight but ehh.
so if i wanted to go the archetype for a fullcaster route, a sorcerer archetype makes more sense? perhaps able to apply cantrips + spending spell points for able to use touch spells (more spell points depending on level).
>>
>>53089323
Personally i'm hoping for some Orcs or Goblins
Slaying Dragons is fine and all but sometimes i just want to set fire to an encampment of green skins and kill all their babies
>>
>>53089489
Nah, orcs and goblins are too disseminated and too boring.
Wouldn't mind far realms incursions and your party having to fend them off.
>>
Oh, I know, the next adventure's monster theme is gonna be fey. Probably something with the Feywild. That's my guess.
>>
>>53089323
HotDQ+RoT were bad.
PotA was okay.
OotA was very good.
CoS was okay.
SKT was very good.
>>
>>53089567
You need to revise your opinion to CoS was very good.
>>
>>53089417
there is a limited amount of stuff you can tack on to a full caster and still be balanced. a full caster gun mage is going to be mostly mage with a small side of gun. arcane archer is much more on the fighter side, while something like stone sorcerer is much more on the caster side.

if guns are a the standard weapon of your setting, there is probably space for multiple kinds of characters that use guns and magic. what is appropriate depends on the specifics. you could very easily have both gun wizards and gun sorcerers
>>
>>53089567

I never played HotDQ or RoT, unfortunately. After completing both, I'm still not sure if I liked CoS more or OotA more. I found both to be great adventures. Group's gonna start SKT in a month or so, looking forward to that.

>>53089582

Yeah, that's what I think too.
>>
>>53089399
Not him but Monks could fit in the same way Fighters do, just less armour and weapons.

>>53089138
Do you remember the City UA? With modern stuff? There was a Warlock Invocation that let Bladelocks summon guns.

Literally just let them take that and then you have people who can do super cool attacks with Guns while casting.
>>
>>53089597
>>53089582
>>53089567
What did people like about the adventures?
>>
File: Remorhaz.png (1MB, 1822x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Remorhaz.png
1MB, 1822x1074px
When did this...
>>
>>53089567
I found PotA the best, but that's just the kind of adventure I like.

CoS is overrated but still kinda fun.

SKT I disliked.

OotA was different but works well for that one time everybody wants to be a weird race without having to deal with backlash.
>>
File: Remorhaz.png (2MB, 767x823px) Image search: [Google]
Remorhaz.png
2MB, 767x823px
>>53089656
Become more beautiful than this?
>>
>>53089668
when was 5e MM published?
that's your answer I guess...
>>
>>53089342
Blademastery + GWM + Tunnel Fighter can lead to some fun times. Especially if you can find a way to make being near you a painful experience (Cleave rules from the DMG are good).
>>
>>53089663
my group just start OotA last week
finally get to play that Drow Warlock concept i had for weeks now
>>
>>53089719
I played a Duergar Deepstalker. Rest of the party were a Drow Shadow Sorcerer, Deep Gnome Diviner and a Human Light Cleric.

We used the Light Cleric as a distraction too many times to count.
>>
>>53089663
Wasn't PotA considered to be a mess and a boring adventure?
>>
>>53089753
That's HotDQ and RoT. PotA is the one I would call the most "standard" of the adventures and treated as kinda average in reviews.

Basically Elemental shit's going on, be heroes and stop it.

Something about going and fighting these elemental themed enemies in dungeons just made me nostalgic I guess. It's a fun adventure.
>>
SKT is a good adventure, but they should have just been honest and made it a 5-10 adventure, because the first 5 levels are some insanely dumb bullshit.
>>
File: oIY3hv8.png (577KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
oIY3hv8.png
577KB, 1920x1200px
>>53089790
Elemental themed dungeons you say
>>
>>53089790
I'm surprised Kobold Press shat out such a colossal turd, Tiamat is well statted I guess.

>>53089816
Like what exactly?
>>
>>53089635
>HotDQ + RoT
only good thing out of it was the maps and a few of the dungeons
HotDQ+RoT went nuts with the magic items, high power adventure, spanned the sword coast but expected a DM railroad, NPCs given were almost slapstick comical in their presentation, the art was poor, ambience was light, and the politics of the council of waterdeep were uncomfortable to manage and difficult to enjoy. RoT also gets repetitive.

RoT could be salvaged with a strong and talented DM that rewrites a lot of the backend but unfortunately it came first and early in 5e life so a lot of people didn't realize how many pitfalls it was going to have until it was too late.

>PotA
Basically a heavily improved HotDQ, which made it tolerable.

>OotA
Basically everything was good. It moves through magical and detailed locations, it encompasses a whole world of useful backend information, ambience, maps- the whole works. It really opens up for the players and lets them do what they want.

>CoS
The only problem with CoS is that it has a very narrow focus in theme and if the party isn't feeling it, it falls flat. It has a bit of replayability but not enough and it's not self-sufficient enough to consume a stormy weekend with friends. I rate it as "okay" only because I think it missed its potential.

>SKT
It's amazing just for chapter 3: the Savage Frontier. SKT took off the railroad plots and just offered up The North, gave the DM a ton of tools to work with and things just start to blend together nicely for a real 5e campaign.
>>
File: 1482848406761.jpg (54KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1482848406761.jpg
54KB, 476x687px
>>53085750
I have a player who is a good friend and I love him to death but his mystic is just too freaking strong

I try to throw problems at the party but then he reminds me of some obscure psychic discipline ruling or what have you and I'm forced to agree.

I'm using three forgotten realms as a setting but I've tweaked it in a few ways. One of those ways is that there hasn't been a proper human Psychic on the sword coast in ~45 years. His character's existence is now of relative interest to political factions, cloistered scholars and even the mafia. While most are being polite about their interest in poking around his head, someone is eventually going to kidnap him by force.

So basically mystics aren't a problem if you're specially outfitted with anti-psychic weaponry and items and you've got an elite anti-magic strike team ready to dispatch the guy in ~2 rounds.
>>
>>53089919
>Like what exactly?

Like just have the adventure start at 5.

The pacing in the first chapter, which involves literally leveling up the players 5 level in the span of 48 hours, is ridiculous.
>>
>>53089399
As the person I'd say I can see Monks and Rogues working with sufficient refluffing, and there are plenty of heroes in the tales that'd favor cleverness.
I also briefly contemplated a Warforged as a construct that Hephaestus made, or perhaps a demigod of his'.
Honestly, I'm just at a loss for ideas since a lot of my old character ideas don't fit in the setting.
>>
>>53088963
Modrons with four arms/wings being the two subraces.
A Dabus race, maybe shunned Dabus only.
Gith(yanki/zerai) as a race. Hopefully a new fighter or wizard subclass in that vein.
The portal ranger being re-released in an official capacity.
Maybe a Lady of Pain patron. You can't worship her, but I don't know, maybe you're picking up on the thought-manifestation rhythms of belief or some other stupid Planescape shit, and can now get Cloud of Daggers as one of your known spells.
>>
File: sario.png (37KB, 749x428px) Image search: [Google]
sario.png
37KB, 749x428px
>>53090034
So your solution to the player that is so strong they are outshining the rest of the party, is to make him the focus of the story?
>>
>look at a race on dandwiki that was similar to one I'm working on
>has a subrace for each AS that the base ASI doesn't cover
Do you think racial design should be all-encompassing or just focus on what's expected for the race?
>>
>>53090319
He's not necessarily outshining the party. Nobody gets hung up on it really and it only ever chafes me in particular.

His character is also kind of an enigma (read: amnesia) so since I can't have the party run in to characters from his backstory I can throw a quest or two their way where he can be the story focus while also being mechanically weakened by specialized enemies.
>>
>>53090348
>dandwiki
Not even once, anon.
>>
File: W3hl.jpg (31KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
W3hl.jpg
31KB, 480x531px
/5eg/, make an overpowered Kensei Monk build. Now. Please the smug lord.
>>
>>53090549
Char gen in 5e isn't difficult, you fucking retard. Fuck off.
>>
File: ZEms.png (206KB, 416x415px) Image search: [Google]
ZEms.png
206KB, 416x415px
>>53090584
Who said it was hard? I was just supplying a task to an aimless thread.
>>
>>53090602
Fucking do it yourself, you autistic spastic. Are you capable of coherent thought or are you a literal retard?
>>
File: 22-GauntlgrymL.jpg (736KB, 1920x1391px) Image search: [Google]
22-GauntlgrymL.jpg
736KB, 1920x1391px
Is there a ranking to all of the current UA classes and subclasses? Maybe ranked up against PHB?

Stuff like
Top tier:
Fit within balance of PHB, good fluff
Bottom tier:
built for powergaming memebuild munchkin only, cancer
>>
>>53090348
Subraces are for separating different themes people place upon a race, like Elves being both hobos who live in the woods and don't build shit, while also being depicted as the ubermensch who build floating golden cities, and are masters of the arcane.
They are also for separating the power of a race, so instead of for the sake of balance being a shit tree hugger, and a shit wizard they can instead be good at their respective roles.
>>
>>53090549
It's pretty hard to fuck up really, I guess be a V.Human and take Sharpshooter. Use a Longbow as your Kensai weapon for that sick +20 damage per round.

Another option would be V.Human and pick up PAM and a level of Druid. Use Shillelagh with a Quarterstaff and be striking people with pure Wisdom.

Kensai's now pretty hard to make OP but it's basically on par with other peoples consistent damage at least. Which is good for a Monk that should be focused on damage.
>>
>>53090602
Did you get lost from /pfg/, shitposter.
>>
File: xpzi.jpg (111KB, 494x499px) Image search: [Google]
xpzi.jpg
111KB, 494x499px
>>53090638
Ain't even planning on running it, my dude. I was just wondering what you guys would come up with. With rage like this, I'd say the autistic spastic would be you.
>>
File: ychx.jpg (25KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
ychx.jpg
25KB, 500x492px
>>53090648
Ey, my man, way to not succumb to the 'tism. Have a Tomoko.
>>
File: qgnL.jpg (51KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
qgnL.jpg
51KB, 907x718px
>>53090663
Who's shitposting, my dude? Just wanted to give the thread something to do?
>>
>>53090665
This is a normie game, did you get lost from theorycrafting from /pfg/, you autistic retard?
>>
>>53090602
Thanks for keeping the thread on topic with your derailing shitposting!
>>
>>53090691
Your goddamn images are strong evidence you are a fucking autist. This isn't /pfg/.
>>
File: 590.png (81KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
590.png
81KB, 624x628px
>>53090700
>>53090705
>>53090713
>>
>>53090602
>>53090665
Why the fuck are you here?
>>
File: Nomadic Mind Focus.png (30KB, 388x138px) Image search: [Google]
Nomadic Mind Focus.png
30KB, 388x138px
>>53086197
>Nomadic Mind's Focus
No kidding, why is this so good? Why did they design this, it breaks a lot of social games and potential conflicts.
>>
>>53090721
Sorry we don't speak autist.
>>
So Sentinel lets someone get a free attack on anyone attacking a teammate within 5ft.

Does the Sentinel's attack hit before or after the aggressors attack?

Ex.
Goblin attacks my healer. I get a Sentinel attack on him. Does goblin finish his attack first and then I attack, or could I potentially kill the goblin with my reaction, preventing him from damaging my healer at all in the first place?
>>
File: H3y0.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
H3y0.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>53090722
Bored, tired, and waiting for my vidya to update.

Also, genuinely trying to see how easy it is to get someone to "bite the bait" as they say.

Turns out, it's fucking effortless.
>>
>>53090725
It's probably the single worst thing that needs to be nerfed. They basically need to iron out and fix some things and it's all good.

I still firmly believe they should make 2 Psionic classes though. One more martial focused for Soul Knife, Nomad and Immortal and another for the more castery ones. Not sure where the Avatar fits in there though.

>>53090738
Before I believe.
>>
The Warlock found a bound tome that her GOO Patron demanded she bring to its cultists in the capital.

She's considering opening it and seeing what is inside.

I was planning for it to be used by the cult to create an avatar for the GOO on the material plane - ideas on what she'd see inside the book if she opens it?
>>
>>53090738
I'd say it's DM's ruling, but god damn it'd be awesome if it was before.
>>
>>53090742
You're very lost, little retarded autist, go back to your shithole.

5e is for normies, not severe autistics.
>>
>>53090742
Do you really think that passes as an excuse these days? I expected you to at least blame the intolerant natives for calling you out as a retard, but 'I was only pretending to be retarded' doesn't work anymore. I hope that next time you'll learn from your mistake, and respond like a well adjusted normie next time you are called out.
>>
>>53090738
Depends.

Look at the Shield spell - it's a reaction that occurs when the trigger goes off but before the action fully resolves. Same with Opportunity attacks - they occur when the enemy steps away, but before they're further than 5ft.

The intent is hard to guess at, but I'd say before. Your DM might disagree though, and ultimately it's up to them.
>>
>>53090738
Reactions happen after the trigger, unless the effect says otherwise.
>>
>>53090791
I literally just said "hey, make a powerful build out of this" and added a shitty spin/image to it.
>>
So a variant human undying tomelock seems like one of the best Jack of All Trade options.
>Healing from spell list and subclass abilities
>Best Damage cantrip in the game with several spells and invocations to boost its power
>CHA powered shillelagh and green flame blade to grant melee power along with several counter damage spells to synergize with lower AC
>The "Skilled" feat and racial skill give you access to all the most essential skills
>All the ritual utility and then some utility from the warlock spell list
>Can blow your spell load each battle and then recover it afterwards for out of combat use
>>
Does anyone else think that Monk gets pretty insane at higher levels?

I mean it can get resistance to all damage except force, invisibility, a retarded amount of stuns, Open Hand gets Quivering Palm, better AC then Plate, will rarely fail a Save and all that shit.

Is this like the original Monk where it starts out shitty then becomes a powerhouse once you get to high levels? I can't imagine any amount of Legendary resistances that could stop a Monk being one of the biggest hitters in each fight.
>>
>>53090785
Eh. Nah, I'll just go back to "normie" posting, as >>53090791 would probably put it.
>>
My rancid autism aside, anyone have any long running characters that they keep coming back to?
>>
>>53090829
Yeah too bad most campaigns don't run that high unless you're starting out close to those levels already.

WotC said people hardly play past 10th level, then make a class that has to be pasted that to be really good.
>>
>>53090829
monks are shit for damage late game and are basically just stun monkeys. still pretty good class though, for the reasons you stated. most shit in 5e after 10th level is pretty powerful anyways though, so it's not like monk really sticks out
>>
>>53090836
Pretending to be autistic and retarded won't cut it.
We already know you're severely autistic and retarded.
>>
File: 1481052104078.jpg (69KB, 609x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481052104078.jpg
69KB, 609x720px
>>53090700
>Implying these threads don't devolve into white room theory crafting daily
>>
>>53090945
So is the majority of this site. Stop pretending to be above it all when you're raging at someone who's laughing at you.
>>
I'm playing a Human Wizard and there's no feats I really need or that fit with my fluff.

Would taking Magic Initiate Wizard just for Mage Armour and 2 more cantrips be worth it?
>>
>>53090970
Raging? We're calling out you being a little shit.

We're the ones laughing at you, lost little autist.
>>
When will Wizards cater to high level play again?
>>
>>53090998
Call it whatever you want, we're both laughing. So let's make nice and get ourselves back on track.

Sound good, hun?
>>
>>53091023
You need to stop being a little shit. Deal.
>>
>>53091029
Or you could ignore him.
>>
>>53091029
I stopped, like, 3 posts ago, my dude. You're the one egging it on, now. Only you can stop shitposters.
>>
>>53091039
That too, yeah.

>>53091050
That's not stopping it.
Seems like you're always going to be a little shit. It's what you are.
>>
>>53091006
When grognads die off and stop bitching about "muh super lethal campaigns!"
>>
>>53091071
They should really get with the times.
>>
>>53091071
What did the bitching grogtards think of Tales from the Yawning Portal?
>>
How good is 17 AC for a level 2 character?
>>
>>53091107
pretty decent but nothing super spectacular or anything
>>
>>53091081
The main problem is they can fucking run a super lethal campaign even if Wizard also focuses more on making the higher tiers of play actually worth getting to. The other thing is everyone runs campaigns to ~10 then just let's it all die off.

The other problem is they're probably the most vocal of the community who actually take the time to fill out comments on what WotC does
>>
>>53091098
From the handful I overheard at my game store they thought it was mediocre because it didn't have some of the save of die traps.

They still want the game and editions to run and look like Gygax had a direct hand in them.
>>
>>53090785
>implying everyone on 5eg isn't severely autistic
>>
>>53091142
But Gygax wasn't actually a good designer at all.
>>
>>53091107
I mean, I'd say it's pretty great. Generally at low levels you have 18 at most, and only with a shield.
>>
So if I'm a Druid 1/Wizard 2 and find a spellscroll such as Hold Person and put it in my Spellbook, can I prepare and cast it? I know I'm probably missing something but so far it looks like I can still copy and cast 2nd level Wizard spells.
>>
>>53091166
Rose tinted glasses my man, people prefer what is familiar over something that is new. These people grew up on that style of D&D, even if it wasn't good it was all they had so they convinced themselves it was the best over time.

Then again it's all a matter of opinion, my main problem is they can still have lethal campaigns easily, without demanding the whole system to gimped to force that play style.
>>
>>53091188
>Druid 1/Wizard 2

Why?
>>
>>53091204
Flavor, I don't know. That was just an example and I knew if I used Cleric/Wizard as an example then people would think I'm playing one and scream autistically at me.
>>
>>53091188
Yes, you can copy it into your spellbook.
No, you can't cast it until you reach wizard 3.
>>
>>53091191
Yeah, good points.
Not only is their screeching and clamoring for their "one true" game style retarded, it's also extremely selfish. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>53091226
I have a feeling you're right but could you point me to the rule? The only one I can find in the Wizard or multiclass sections is "The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots" in the Wizards preparing section.
>>
>>53084207
>How do we fix artificers?
By removing them. Go play shadowrun faggot!
>>
>>53091229
Not to worry. They are literally becoming a dying breed these days. The only ones I personally know of who cling to that playstyle have heads of completely grey hair.
>>
>>53091246
>>53091226
Don't worry, found errata that says the spells have to be castable with your Wizard level. I was getting worried about 1 level Wizard dips.
>>
>>53091229
This anon said it pretty well >>53091286
The funniest thing is the owner is an older guy and fucking hates them but they buy enough shit for him to not kick them out.
>>
>>53091220
Oh alright I was just curious because I've never seen someone suggest a combo like that.
>>
>>53091191
>people prefer what is familiar over something that is new
This fucking shit, man.

Half of my group refuse to play anything that isn't Pathfinder because that was how they got into TTRPGs.
>>
File: 1493077351913.png (386KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493077351913.png
386KB, 800x600px
So in my game the party got an amulet with a demon sealed inside and the tiefling bard is holding onto it. I'm thinking that the demon inside can offer the tiefling powers/features in exchange for her essence, meaning 1 level's worth of CON bonus.

Problem is I don't have any ideas for it at the moment. Last session she ate a Spine Devil and got the 'covered in spikes' feat from that racial feat UA, but that's about all I can think of for now and she's already got it.
>>
>>53091341
Could look up the racial traits in SCAG, if I remember the book correctly, and maybe give access to some of those.
>>
>>53091341
The demon will give powers that are related to its own. What kind of demon is it?
>>
>>53091360
The demon itself isn't very spectacular. Its most notable features are its high speed(65 ft.), acid splash as a natural attack, an overtly muscular physique, and walking on walls. I generated it from the Lower Planes Monster Generator Tables in the AD&D DMG.
>>53091352
That's a good idea, I went over them with the player before we started the game and we settled with Devil's Tongue so one of those extra options could be good.
>>
>>53084420
Just run LMoP
>>
is this site
http://theangrygm.com/
good advice

i read the post about handling combat "like a dolphin" and the other post about understanding what players are trying to achieve and how they want to do it before even beginning to ask them to roll for things and they seemed like very good advice but i am not an experienced GM so I thought i would ask you
>>
>>53091390
There you have it:
-increase movement (+10 feet)
-gain acid splash cantrip
-gain ability to spider climb once per day
-+1 to damage rolls

etc.
>>
Good session today, but it they went completely the opposite direction from what I anticipated. Last time I hinted that a clue might be found in a dwarven city, but the party's dwarf vetoed the plan because he's in exile. This week, I hinted at a different clue in a human city. Naturally, the party decided to go visit the dwarves.
>>
>>53091430
An idiot can be right a few times. Avoid his site but maybe pick up his boss fight homebrew because it's pretty neat.
Get experience by playing and talking to your players. That will make you a much better gm than reading countless theory blogposts.
>>
>>53090725
They probably thought it'd be more interesting than Guidance or Jack of all Trades.
>>
>>53085285
But what if I'm playing revised kenasi and chose Natural Weapon as my kenasi weapon? It would count as a monk weapon.
>>
>>53086844

>>53086944
This
>>
File: victory_by_tamerr.jpg (687KB, 1251x689px) Image search: [Google]
victory_by_tamerr.jpg
687KB, 1251x689px
You know when a game ends and you just feel genuinely good about it? Especially as a DM, it's such a great feeling when everything goes according to plan and you feel satisfied about every single detail of the session.

I just threw my party against a difficult as fuck ambush and still watched then rise out of this hardship as victors. It was fucking glorious.
>>
File: pf_fantasymonsters_043.png (2MB, 2820x1196px) Image search: [Google]
pf_fantasymonsters_043.png
2MB, 2820x1196px
>>
My group is starting a Nautical campaign soon, and I want to play some kind of sea-aligned Cleric, but not necessarily one who likes storms and such (like a Tempest Cleric). Is there a way I could reflavor one of the Domains to better fit this, or should I go looking for a homebrew domain?
>>
>>53091677
Like a nature domain with control weather and stuff?

Isn't there a sea-related sorcerer?
>>
We're about to finish starter set next session and Neverwinter is the closest big town with a lot of material on it

What do you guys think of vampires in Neverwinter? I figure i'd make a hook that numerous people have been reported missing recently, or something along those lines

I just really want vampires
>>
Tinkering with the idea of giving everyone a feat at first level whilst variant human (the only human that actually gets used by the players at my table) gets two.

I get that it'll make characters more powerful by a decent amount, but then I'm also disallowing MC. But should there's be other issues I should Ben wary of?
>>
Do you guys pick out traits/bonds/flaws for your characters from the book?

I recently realized I was the odd one out in my group for not doing it, I thought they were just for people who had trouble coming up with character backstory/motivation.
>>
>>53091815
I don't. Fairly certain most people in my group don't.
>>
>>53091764
I do it with my group, havent had any issues but then again only 1 of my 4 players really knows how to build cheesy stuff. It just gives more choices for the players that are really lacking on the first levels. Its not like the balance suffers much since the first level is pure rng anyway.
>>
>>53091979

Sweet. Might implement it into my next campaign then.
>>
What are the most magicy spells. I'm looking for spells that seems to be just made of raw energy. Shield, Mage Armor, Haste, stuff like that. Things that would show up under the Arcane tree of a WoW mage.
>>
>>53090769
>Does she still have her birth-eyes? You can't just read the tome with your birth-eyes, fool! New eyes must be crafted for you, snatched from the dying breath of the darkest stars, they are, and poured like molten wood into a dish of purest linen to be shaped by our teacher's mind, then cut, cut, cut away your birth-eyes, to be replaced with the NEW, and then you shall see truth!

TL:DR, only the cult leader or someone who has found the way to recieve their Truth-Eyes can read the tome. Birth-eyes that gaze upon the tome see gibberish, or nothing at all.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>53091430
Personally I agree with everything he says
But I know other people don't
>>
>>53091430
>>53091517
>>53092298
He seems like an angry autist.
>>
>>53092332
It's just his presentation style. His actual insight into the theory of roleplaying games is really good in my opinion.
>>
>>53092469
I'd rather watch a normie than an autist.
Thread posts: 422
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.