[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Floppy Dick edition Previously: >>53027148 RESOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 42

File: 107.jpg (45KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
45KB, 312x445px
Big Floppy Dick edition

Previously: >>53027148

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Which deck do you have that everyone in your group is terrified of?
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list

WOTC apparently didn't like what Sheldon had to say a few weeks ago.
>>
>>53043155
>Which deck do you have that everyone in your group is terrified of?
I got three decks, Niv-Mizzet, Oloro and Animar (I disagree on the Animar)
>>
>>53043155
Yasova and Triplets. It's not even that they're super good, they just have a primal fear of having their stuff stolen.
>>
>>53043191
Is Doomsday banned in paper 1v1?
>>
What's a good commander for "when ~ deals combat damage to a player" effects and unblockable dudes?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53043236
This guy or Kaseto.
>>
>>53043155
g/w Selvala elfball + stax
its less consistant than its combo counterpart but when people sit down to play more competitive decks at least I have something that has in the past taken out many high tier decks
>>
>>53043214
For the imaginary French list?

http://www.duelcommander.com/banlist/

Nope. They done shit the bed here. This banlist is the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>53043236
Edric is the king of this
>>
In general my playgroup is terrified of me in general, even going so far as to shit on my Boros Random Commander Legendary tribal deck.

But my Brago deck involves me apologizing a lot.
>>
>>53043155
Either Karador cause it's Karador and kinda shits on people or Melek cause the turns take forever. But I love playing them both.
>>
>>53043288
This happens with me too. They are going to hate on you no matter what so you might as well just embrace the most cancerous commanders you can.
>>
>>53043236
I just made a relatively convoluted deck with Sidar Kondo and Vial Smasher that is basically half cheap unblockables that fuck up stuff when they hit (Akki Underminer, Blinding Angel, Cabal Slaver[Who triggers off of Vial Smasher]) then stuff like Larceny, Destructive Urge, Elbrus, Quietus Spike.

Then the rest is mana ramp, mana rocks and X damage to target player type stuff like Blaze, Debt to the deathless, Exsanguinate, Aurelia's Fury, etc.

Then of course Return to Dust, Path to Exile, etc to deal with problems.

Pretty stoked to try it out, not sure if it will be very synergistic.
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
ways to build/break this qt?
>>
>>53043191
Huh. I'll be interesting to see what my LGS decides to do with this. We have a few people bitching about Sol Ring there so they might want to push for this list.
>>
>>53043236
Tromokratis
>>
>>53043191
>Ban rocks
>Unban Pok, Prime Time, and Sylvan Primordial

Looks like I'm going to be avoiding Green: the Format.
>>
>>53043457
are there any infinite untap combos in mono red?
>>
File: sof.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sof.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
how do we break him in commander?

no win condition nescessary, I just want to make zurfags shuffle all day
>>
>>53043577
Most of them involve Kiki-Jiki
>>
>>53043457
Thornbite Staff is probably a good bet. Not broken, but I'll take a free 3/1 for R every time somethings dies.
>>
>>53043191
does this mean 'sheldon's list is still the list to play IRL/for multiplayer'?
>>
File: 1482788278194.gif (973KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482788278194.gif
973KB, 400x300px
>>53043191
>Emrakul not banned
>>
>>53043191
>Leovold and Prossh aren't "oppressive commanders"
>ban Oath of Druids in the one format it isn't broken in but leave Defense of the Heart intact
What's with EDH and the format attracting literal retards to decide their banlists?
>>
>>53043191
Did you miss the part where they explain this is because the majority of MODO EDH is 1v1, this is only intended for that, and they insist this is or MODO only, and is not intended in ANY way to usurp or undermine the RC, or impact Paper commander?
>>
>>53043236
Vela and Kaseto if you want unblockable enablers
Dark Sygg or Edric or Derevi if you're a faggot if you want value catalysts
>>
quick what is the old card that has a fish under a boat?
>>
>>53043457
Her + Thornbite Staff + Phyrexian Altar + Pandemonium/Warstorm Surge.
>>
>>53043842
Dandân
>>
>>53043871
Thank you!
>>
>>53043840
>Derevi is for faggots
>Edric isn't
???
>>
What is the cheapest EDH deck that you own that you have lots of fun with?

I have a 25$ Brion deck
>>
>>53043821
>is not intended in ANY way to usurp or undermine the RC, or impact Paper commander?

That reads like you winked at the end of it.
>>
>>53043988
"To be perfectly clear, this banned list is only intended for Magic Online Commander. We respect the community roots and oversight of the Commander Rules Committee, and the creation and support of this format is in no way intended to impact paper Commander."

Word-for-word quote from the article.
>>
>>53043941
You can build Edric in a fair way though. Derevi is never fair, because it can cheat commander tax.
>>
>>53043191
>Fastbond not banned

Based Wizards, now I can play true degenerate gitrog
>>
>>53043818
>defense of the heart
>1 turn delay
>eats removal
>can be played around
How can it be a problem?
>>
>>53044089
Fastbond is the third card on the list though.
>>
>>53044090
>4 mana: you have 1 turn to counter this else I win the game on spot
sure sounds like a more fair card than Sensei's Divining Top
>>
File: 1493655911312.jpg (225KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493655911312.jpg
225KB, 700x700px
>>53044103
Yeah I just saw it, forgive my autistic outburst, most of my decks will suck dick using this list
>>
>>53043641
i've always wanted to build a shuffle deck. it's just a funny idea to me.

practically you are going to have a lot of people refuse to play with you though. and if you ever try to play a shuffle deck in a serious game a judge can always penalize you for stalling.

i think the best way to have fun with it would be to run a bunch of effects that allow you to play the top card of your library and then shuffle a lot to get what you want.
>>
>>53044090
"If you don't have an answer before I untap, I will find my 2 combo pieces and immediately win".
>>
>>53044050
What's the fair version of Edric?
>>
Hoping to get some feedback on this one. This is my first artifact-based deck, I've always wanted to try making one and all my favourite artifact support is in these colours, plus Mishra is one of my favourite characters in Magic.
I'm not 100% confident in the deck though, I'm not sure exactly how I'll win aside from the obvious stuff like Kuldotha Forgemaster fetching Blightsteel Colossus, etc.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mishras-unstoppable-artifice/
>>
>>53043191
REMINDER

"To be perfectly clear, this banned list is only intended for Magic Online Commander. We respect the community roots and oversight of the Commander Rules Committee, and the creation and support of this format is in no way intended to impact paper Commander."
>>
>>53044268
Weenie aggro without counterspells and extra turns
>>
>>53043641
Infinite tap untap and red mana into a psychogenic probe
>>
>>53043409
> blaze

try comet storm or fall of the titans instead
>>
>>53043236
I just finished building a deck with Grixis Marchesa with a theme like this.
>>
>>53043821
Did you miss the part where they said this ban list applies for multiplayer Commander as well and that for some people, myself included, this is how they got the majority of their Commander experience? Did you also miss the part where they still fucking botched the 1v1 banlist by not banning Ad Nauseam and Metalworker?

I'm not sure I could put enough quotation marks around this being a """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""coincidence"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" so soon after an extraordinarily controversial ban list that banned one of the more popular cards that was undoubtedly selling product and keeping the secondary market happy like you seem to imply.
>>
>>53043995
I bet you also buy that crap they fed you in this article as well:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/organized-play/ixalan-worlds-pro-tour-nationals-and-rptqs-2017-04-18

"We heard you loud and clear" is the heartiest laugh that people have gotten from WOTC this year. Here's a word from the wise. When a company decides they want to make a change that is going to be resounding and probably controversial, they do it incrementally. Expect this announcement to either cause Sheldon to fall in line or for it to signal that the RC's days are waning.

And I like the RC so I am not wishing for this to happen.
>>
>>53044664
Oh, it's an absolute fucking train wreck of a banlist in general, and making it apply to ALL commander instead of making "Multiplayer Commander" and "1v1 Commander" different formats on the program was even stupider.

But I really don't see how that extends to "They're going to declare this is the ban list for all of Commander, including paper". Even if they did, 99% of Commander players would respond to that banlist with "Fuck exactly off".
>>
>>53044732
>>53044664
God, have you autists actually run so low on things to bitch about that you're jumping at shadows now?
>>
>>53044763
I'm sorry you don't have a logical response.
>>
>>53044795
CMC of your Commander is the CMC of your Commander. Are we really going to have another thread of people asking blatantly obvious rules questions to try to justify some terrible play or cheating they did in their last session?
>>
>>53044813
I'm sorry you think that your sky-is-falling, grasping-at-straws panic mongering warrants one.
>>
>>53044795
The Converted Mana Cost of an object is always the sum total of the symbols in the mana cost in the upper-right of the card. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether you pay 0, BR, 1BR, 5BR, or 7WWUUBBRRGG to cast her, Vial Smasher will always have a CMC of 3.
>>
>>53044838
I disagree. So I'm gonna take a page from your playbook and call you autistic for thinking that this change is just coincidentally showed up less than a week after a very controversial ban that heavily impacted the secondary market.
>>
>>53043409
>>53044451
There are also several strictly better variants of Blaze like Banefire, Kaervek's Torch, Demonfire, Devil's Play, Ghitu Fire, etc. There's zero actual reason to be playing Blaze with as many times as it's been one-upped.

It's a bit ridiculous that, according to EDHRec, there are more decks playing Blaze than there are ones playing Kaervek's Torch and Ghitu Fire combined.
>>
>>53044275
REMINDER

Some people on this general do play Commander on MTGO.
>>
>>53044876
>That heavily impacted the secondary market
Yeah, because Saheeli losing a few dollars is so fucking crippling.

I'm sorry that you see any action WOTC takes as an indicator of a plot to ruin everything you love. I'm sorry you live in a delusional world where a multi-million dollar company has lasted 20+ years by asking the question "How can we fuck over as many of our customers as possible?".
I'm sorry you're so fucking self-centered that you cannot fathom the concept that something might INCIDENTALLY impact your life, rather than that impact being the primary reason the change was enacted.
>>
>>53044922
I'm talking about the Commander ban announcement, you fucking goon. I think you might be making some leaps with your reasoning here. The connection between me not like their banlist and me being self-centered is loose at best.
>>
>>53044901
I'm not actually using Blaze I just used it as an example lol.
>>
>>53044973
You honestly think the Commander ban announcement, which only fucking applies on MODO, will impact the paper secondary market?
>>
File: 135.jpg (50KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
50KB, 336x469px
>not banned

wow
>>
>>53045009
Can't ban his angry eyebrows.
>>
>>53044838
>sky-is-falling
wizards involved with the banlist in any way shape or form is not a positive thing
>>
>>53045067
Good thing they're not remotely involved with the paper banlist then, no matter how many mental hoops you jump through to justify your panicked screeching.
>>
>>53045009
neither is emmy
coincidence?
ithinknot
>>
>>53044996
Alright I guess I need to hold your hand through this line of thought.

- Sheldon announces ban on Leovold.
- Some stores are still moving Conspiracy product and the value of boxes drops.
- Leovold's price on MTGO tanks because he came into circulation way later than paper so not as many people had built an online deck list.

The Commander ban announcement last week ABSOLUTELY had an impact on the secondary market.
>>
>>53044297
Then what are you going to do with all that extra draw?
>>
>>53045100
1) Any ban, no matter who it comes from, will impact the secondary market. Period. Unbanning a card will cause a surge in price because there's greater demand. Banning a card will likewise decrease the demand and increase the supply as people offload the card they no longer need. Whether it's Sheldon or WOTC doing the banning, this remains true. The only way for bans to not impact the secondary market is for one of those two things to not exist.

2) Leovold's price didn't waver very much, considering he's still a massive force in Legacy, which has much more bearing on his price tag than being a strong Commander.

3) It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.

4) Leovold fucking needed to be banned.
>>
>>53045140
Wacky combos and funstuff.
>>
>>53045154
>It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.
Not him, but that's the point. Wizards does that to push product.
>>
>>53045154
>Any ban, no matter who it comes from, will impact the secondary market. Period. Unbanning a card will cause a surge in price because there's greater demand. Banning a card will likewise decrease the demand and increase the supply as people offload the card they no longer need. Whether it's Sheldon or WOTC doing the banning, this remains true. The only way for bans to not impact the secondary market is for one of those two things to not exist.

WOTC avoids banning cards currently being printed as much as possible because it drops the price of boxes (product that vendors are still moving) which impacts LGSs way more than singles prices.

>Leovold's price didn't waver very much, considering he's still a massive force in Legacy, which has much more bearing on his price tag than being a strong Commander.

I didn't say Leovold's paper price waivered, I said the price for Conspiracy: Take the Crown boxes did which hurts vendors way more than Leovold's single price. Leovold's MTGO single price also tanked overnight because there wasn't much in circulation to begin with and MTGO's store was STILL SELLING CONSPIRACY PACKS.

>3) It sounds like you're advocating for allowing unhealthy cards to remain legal until after the sets they came from have been out for long enough. That's not a good metric for the health of your game, just a way to sell packs and betray your customers.

I'm not advocating for Leovold to not be banned. What I am telling you is that WOTC is upset that their ability to move digital product currently in circulation is hampered and that they have to smooth over rough situations with some vendors for a decision they had no control over.

>4) Leovold fucking needed to be banned.

I don't disagree.
>>
>>53045246
Name one time they have allowed a clearly broken card to stay legal just to sell packs.

And I mean a provable time, not "WELL I FEEL LIKE".
>>
>>53045278
>WOTC avoids banning cards currently being printed as much as possible because it drops the price of boxes (product that vendors are still moving) which impacts LGSs way more than singles prices.
Citation needed.

>I didn't say Leovold's paper price waivered, I said the price for Conspiracy: Take the Crown boxes did which hurts vendors way more than Leovold's single price. Leovold's MTGO single price also tanked overnight because there wasn't much in circulation to begin with and MTGO's store was STILL SELLING CONSPIRACY PACKS.

How does that make -any- sense? The most valuable card in the set barely loses 5 dollars in value, so the set's boxes tank? And if you're buying boxes of Conspiracy for value instead of to actually fucking draft them, you deserve reduced values. I'll give you the MTGO thing, but your argument of 'still selling packs' is stupid. Either you're mad that WOTC won't ban things until they're old enough, or you're mad they banned a new card. You can't be mad about both, they're mutually exclusive.

>I'm not advocating for Leovold to not be banned. What I am telling you is that WOTC is upset that their ability to move digital product currently in circulation is hampered and that they have to smooth over rough situations with some vendors for a decision they had no control over.
Citation needed.
>>
>>53045282
I know I get yelled at for giving replies to blatant baiters but here's a (You). Now please go away.
>>
>>53045078
>implying I dont play solely on mtgo
baka
>>
>>53045140
Play more aggro weenies.
Or play Wild Mongrel.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>53045324
>>53045282
You are making yourself look INCREDIBLY stupid.
>>
>>53045326
>I don't actually have an argument but I still feel the need to get the last word
>>
>>53045362
I did not say 'name one time they were slow to ban a card in Standard'.

I said 'name one time they explicitly left a card out solely to sell packs'. Do you have proof that they waited to ban the cat to sell packs? No, you do not. It's your OPINION that they did this.
>>
>>53045362
wew
you didnt have to kill him anon
ouch
>>
>>53045282
>>53045324
INCREDIBLY fucking stupid.
>>
>>53045459
Again, do you have proof that they haven't banned Gideon in order to sell packs of Battle for Zendikar?

Or are you just assuming that, because it plays to your mental image that a multi-million dollar company is run by a mixture of people stupider than you and people who are intentionally spiting you?
>>
>>53045499
I assume that a company does what's in it's best interest for profits that taking away an incentive for people to buy product is not in their best interest for profits. I also know that the FFL at WOTC has and is being taken to task by nearly every credible voice in the MTG community for being woefully inept for keeping a brainless standard for almost 3 years now.

So please take the appeal to authority elsewhere. If Wizards new best, their standard attendance wouldn't be at a ten year low.
>>
>>53045597
>it's
>new

Holy hell, spellcheck took the wheel on this one.
>>
>>53045597
>I assume
And there goes your entire argument. I asked for fact, not assumptions. It's also in the 'best interests' for long-term profits for them to put the health of the game first. Konami is a great example of a company that visibly and flagrantly puts profits before the health of the game, and their player base DESPISES them for it. The game is dying because of that. That's great for raking in fistfuls of cash while the cash cow lives, but bad for building up a large base of long-term customers.

I'm not appealing to authority, I'm asking you to PROVE their incompetence beyond "I assume they are evil".
>>
>>53045597
>>53045668
Also, the FFL is 'inept' because it's like 2 dozen people. No shit they don't have the attentiveness that the entire fucking Magic community combined does.
>>
What do you like more in the 4 mana counterspell slot, Rewind or Insidious Will?
>>
>>53045668
The only way you can get a 100% fact is to get someone from Wizards itself to divulge that information to you. If you won't settle for anything short of a 100% sound argument then you're already an irrational fool.
>>
>>53045741
Depends on the deck. A very control-oriented deck will prefer Rewind because it lets you keep that mana open for more counters and shit later in the turn cycle, but Insidious Will is way more flexible.

In a hard control/counters type deck, I'd go with Rewind. For anything else, I'd take Will for flexibility.
>>
>>53045741
Mindbreak Trap
>>
>>53045668
>a company doesn't have profits as their highest priority when it's the mission statement of every publicly traded company and what the board of trustees enforces

Last reply you're getting from me. I'm done with your colossal stupidity. If you were baiting then 10/10 cause you stymied my stanleys REALLY good.
>>
>>53045754
I'm just looking for a stronger argument than "I assume". Which you do not have.
>>
>>53045741
I'd rather Overwhelming Denial I think. Between those two Will fo sure.
>>
>>53045789
I'm not the same guy you were arguing with. I'm just saying that wanting a 100% argument is not something that a rational person requires. Wizards is either doing what they can to squeeze more money out of people or they are wholly incompetent.
>>
File: Image.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
122KB, 223x311px
not banned?
>>
>>53045776
It's a Kruphix deck that likes to clone.
>>
>>53045830
why would you ban it?
>>
>>53045819
And I'm saying I don't want a 100% argument. I want more than "I assume".
>>
>>53045830
This at least requires you to untap, or a haste enabler. Contrast with Sorin or Sphinx.
>>
>>53045841
I'd go with Will for flexibility, then.
>>
>>53045886
I figured. Thanks for the advice.

>>53045791
I'll keep that in consideration. My current meta has no one running control or very many answers period. I've decided to take it upon myself to add more counterspells to my decks to keep things from running out of control.
>>
>>53045741
4CMC counterspells aren't very good to begin with, but if you insist...
If you don't have reliable card draw in the command zone, I'd rather go for Cryptic Command and Dismiss.
If you do have reliable card draw, Foil and Rewind.
Insidious Will is only worth it if you also have huge spells to copy and a way to cheat them in, such as with Mizzix, Jeleva, Jhoira, Narset etc.
Mystic Snake and Plasm Capture are honorable mentions if you're Simic.
>>
>>53046079
Already have both Mystic Snake and Plasm Capture. Thinking of using Disallow instead of either of the ones I was looking at though.
>>
Hey guys I have a preference question

Would it make sense to make a deck with 65 cards?
I try to not go over 60 cards, but I sorta feel like I have so many good cards for most of my decks that I want to add a few more.
I just like trying to stay at 60 because, it seems like, with even one or two more cards I can sort of feel I don't get the deck's build out enough.

Does anybody here play with 65 card decks?
>>
>>53045857
its pretty OP in commander, i usually mind control it if i can, but still when life total is 40 not 20
>>
>>53046142
This is the wrong thread to ask that. You're in the EDH thread right now.
>>
>>53046142

I'm not against random questions but you literally came to ask that in the 100 cards general

we even have a kitchen table general now >>53003623
>>
File: This is fake.... right......jpg (45KB, 650x693px) Image search: [Google]
This is fake.... right......jpg
45KB, 650x693px
>>53046142
You are in the wrong general
>>
>>53046190
>>53046192

Shit... sorry..... I'll find the other thread. I just play casually with my friends, so my magic lingo isn't very good.

My bad!
>>
>>53046232
Don't go, you and your friends should totally pick up some commander product.
>>
>>53046169
>its pretty OP in commander
shit I want to play in your meta
>>
>>53046256
We've been thinking about it a lot. We're definitely going to get into Commander soon. Seems interesting and I actually prefer not playing 1vs1 hehe
>>
>>53046284
In my opinion, there is nothing more fun than a multiplayer commander game with friends. You won't regret picking up any one of the commander product decks, they're reasonably well balanced and can fight very well against any given deck.
>>
>>53046142
I do this and everyone tells me how its wrong, and then i win games.
>>
>>53046310
Yeah seems really cool.

We've all pretty much just "stocked up" on a lot of new cards, so we're going to play those for a while. But we're going to get into Commander soon :)

I honestly just want to play with a bunch of my friends and listen to music hehe
>>
>>53046284
oh you totally should
there is no better format tbhfam
sold my legacy decks to play jank in cmdr best decision of my life aside from quiting coke
>>
>>53046339
Hehe yeah. I'm going to test it out for a couple of matches. I just have too many good cards.
My main deck is based around the Master of Metal deck. Black/blue and artifact heavy.
Tweaked it quite a bit, but it's very flexible and a lot of fun to play. I just have too much good shit haha

I just got two vedalken shackles and 1 Throne of the God-Pharaoh and I don't know what to swap out... so I'm going to try 65 cards for a few matches and see what happens
>>
>>53046352
That's what commander's all about, baby.

>>53046388
And posts like this remind me that kitchen top magic can be an awesome thing too. Shine on you crazy diamond.
>>
>>53046402
>>53046355

Haha I honestly never thought I'd get responses like this.
I figured it'd be a lot more hostile when asking "stupid questions"

I used to play Magic back in the mid 90's in school, but only sorta got back into it over a year ago. And only just recently buying a lot of cards again.
>>
>>53043641
My initial thought is izzet control the enemies decks. Use psychic surgery, mind's dilation, maybe shared fate etc to alter their top decks, shuffle with this to pull more cards. Extract on an isochron scepter to pull combos, jester cap for the same. Use probably nin or maybe go grixis for more tutors, more extraction tech and Mishra.
>>
>>53046451
>I figured it'd be a lot more hostile when asking "stupid questions"
Commander always aims to be the most social and friendly format, there's always a cunt or two but most of us are very chill actually.
>>
>>53046451
Most commander players are hella chill, I've found.
Most.
>>
File: 1485433225838.jpg (174KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
1485433225838.jpg
174KB, 700x350px
>>53046487
and all the rest post in this general :P
>>
>>53045668
Not gonna lie, former YGO player here. It's fucking hilarious watching Konami crash and burn. But in all seriousness though we can't let Links become the new meta.
>>
>>53046678
this is some esoteric shitposting right here
>>
>>53046094
Here's the basic bitch counterspell package:
Disrupt, Swan Song, Arcane Denial, Counterspell, Muddle the Mixture (if you run Cyclonic Rift particularly), Negate, Remand, Disallow, Dream Fracture, Forbid (if you have cards that get you stupid amounts of card draw), Voidslime, Cryptic Command, Dismiss, Mystic Snake, Mystic Confluence

Sometimes useful:
Declaration of Naught (if you want to fuck over a commander), Delay, Deprive, Disdainful Stroke, Familiar's Ruse, Memory Lapse, Squelch, Trickbind, Exclude, Desertion

Expensive shit:
Pact of Negation, Force of Will, Mana Drain
>>
>>53046678
Actual YGO and MtG player here, if we go by OCG meta in the last months they're going Linkless actually. But I've seen Trickstar tops lately on those japanese Twitter accounts that post decklists.
>>
Can anyone tell me why Grisalbrand is banned i wanted to build a Demon/Devils tribal sort of thing but discovered he was banned.
>>
>>53046388
i found my 50 card deck in 40 card opening day deck was really good because i put in alot of cycling cards so i could cycle them if they were useless
>>
>>53046846
In a format where your life total matters even less than normal, paying 7 life to draw seven cards can barely even be considered a cost.
>>
File: 1493146378948.png (4MB, 1790x2117px) Image search: [Google]
1493146378948.png
4MB, 1790x2117px
What colors would be best to play "take control of a creature opponent controls" effects in? The commander itself doesn't have to have that effect (Honestly I'll probably brew the deck using partners solely for the colors).

I'm guessing Red/Blue/Something?
>>
File: Image (8).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (8).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>53046996
>>
>>53046996
I have a mono red commander deck that does
>damage
>haste
>buff
>mind control
>land destruction

its fucking brutal
>>
>>53046996
Grixis colors work best, sounds like you're talking about lazav clone tribal
>>
>>53046996
You want red for Threaten/Insurrection, blue for Willbreaker. Green or black works as a third because there's a lot of "sacrifice a creature" cost cards.
>>
>>53046846
He's free draw on an enormous fucking stick, and can hit anything to give him more life to use as a resource
>>
File: IMG_4367.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4367.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
>>53046996
I have the perfect commander for you then
>>
>>53043155

For whatever reason my Rashmi Eternities Crafter scars the hell out of everyone, despite the fact it's only UG-goodstuff, and even then it's still more fun Cards than ruthless cards.

Sure, I did laugh like an evil scientist over and over again when I had Rashmi and Mind's Dilation both on the battlefield, but that's only happened once and I've lost every other game with it.
>>
>>53045009

Not broken with sol ring and crypt gone
>>
>>53047044
This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for but it hurts my decktism because I already run both Queen Marchesa and a different Grixis deck, and I wouldn't want to run both for some reason.

>>53047073
Temur sounds interesting since it wouldn't just be "Huge big fat guys cheated out for cheap". Surrak might be fun for "I control your dudes but they get trample". I'm not really in it for saccing their dudes, I'm just interested in the idea of a guy building up a big dude and taking control of it next turn
>>
>>53047207
Given that UG goodstuff is very strong even when poorly built, they're not wrong to be scared.
>>
Does anyone know a company that will buy MTGO cards for store credit that I can spend on real cards? I have 4 Through the Breach and 2 Goryo's Vengeance from a casual deck I made years ago and since I haven't played MTGO in like a decade, I just want to get something real for them.
>>
>>53047224
>Not broken with sol ring and crypt gone
even on turn 4 generating 8-12 mana is not fair especially in eldrazi decks
>>53047238
you should just give in because shes the best waifu
>>
What if one of the C17 decks was a rat tribal? Who would you want to be the commander of it?

What if the only creatures in the 99 were Relentless Rats?
>>
>>53043577

Paradox Engine and Isochron Scepter with a manarock or two
>>
>>53047238
Well Yasova's "steal their guy" on a big turn 2/3 Temur colored stick. Also consider Riku.
>>
File: 22.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53047238
>I'm just interested in the idea of a guy building up a big dude and taking control of it next turn
I just had an idea of a deck that builds people's creatures bigger to then steal and beat them to death with it. Using stuff like pic related (is there even more stuff like it?)
>>
File: 1481055840257-v.jpg (33KB, 602x602px) Image search: [Google]
1481055840257-v.jpg
33KB, 602x602px
>>53045830
>An objectively worse Sorin/Magister Sphinx
>Bannable
>>
is ad nauseam degenerate?
>>
>>53047465
Yes.
>>
>>53047387
sheltering ancient
>>
>>53047500
I don't think anything should be banned, but if I was forced to ban one card it would be Ad Nauseam. It's way too easy to resolve it and win the game on the spot.
>>
>>53047273
Rat tribal would be neat.
I'd buy any of the following tribes:
>fairies
>squirrels (never happening)
>knights
>clerics
>samurai / ninja
>wall

Unfortunately, we'll probably just end up with something less exciting, like Elves, Zombies, Dragons and Vampires.
It's probably for the best, because those common tribes get plenty of new cards every few sets, giving players regular opportunities to upgrade and adjust their decks.

The only tribe I'm excited for that also has a real chance of being chosen is angels.
>>
>>53046079
I mean, Cryptic goes in almost any deck that can hit UUU anyway.
>>
>>53047273
It'd pretty much have to be mono-black, because there's exactly 3 rats that aren't, and they're all Rakdos. That'd also be super boring- I'm expecting 2 and/or 3 color decks out of this.
>>
>>53047781
>Samurai / Ninja

I'd be really fucking happy with a Jeskai Samurai Commander who facilitates Ninja in someway. I might even stop complaining about Wizards never going back to Kamigawa.
>>
>>53047781
If they do Elves I will be fucking livid, considering the mono-green Commander deck from 2 years ago was damn near an Elf Tribal deck as-is.

I'd be fine with Zombies, if it's not just mono-black or black/blue. Black/White or Black/Blue/White to take advantage of the Amonkhet Zombie shit in white would be interesting. Plus you'd get to on-theme use Necromancer's Covenant!
>>
>>53047569
His payoff is not that great, though. But that's the idea, buffing opponent's creatures to steal them later.
>>
>>53047840
Honestly, I think they should go back. The thing that turned people off wasn't "Lol Japan", it's that it was a weak-ass set between two hyper-popular strong sets, and it was full of shitty parasitic mechanics and bad cards.
>>
File: 165.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
165.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>53047869
>>
>>53048163
Seriously, what utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>53047849
this but only because I only just converted my g/w selvala deck to more of a tribal deck and I dont like havingmore than one elf deck at the table despite the fact it might have tech I need
>>
>>53047869
>parasitic
Are you the guy who keeps using this term? It's not a very good one, and honestly doesn't really represent the feeling about the mechanics you are trying to convey.

Stop trying to make it happen, it won't.

I agree the mechanics aren't very good, but your semantics trigger my inner autist.
>>
>>53048209
..."Parasitic" is literally the term that R&D uses to refer to the mechanics from that block.

Contextually, it means they only really work within the block itself, and don't work well outside of it. For example, Splice Onto Arcane LITERALLY only works with cards from that block.
>>
>>53048209
>>53048231
"Parasitic is a term we use in R&D that talks about how insular a mechanic is. If it can only be played with things from this set, it is considered parasitic. For instance, Champions of Kamigawa’s Splice onto Arcane was parasitic because it required Arcane spells of which 100% were in the block."

Verbatim from the head designer of the game.
>>
File: understand.png (373KB, 836x633px) Image search: [Google]
understand.png
373KB, 836x633px
>>53048163
>1 black for 1 life
>sac all lands you control
>for a 5/5 flyer

>>53048209
There is nothing wrong with the term parasitic.
>>
>>53048254
>There is nothing wrong with the term parasitic
only if you are the parasite
>>
File: 83274_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
83274_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
What are the best secret alternatives of powerful cards or staples?
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>53048357
the card that will get you to stop playing bad cards
>>
File: 7x2_jersey_shore_2.png (161KB, 360x276px) Image search: [Google]
7x2_jersey_shore_2.png
161KB, 360x276px
>>53048357
>a card that only does what you want when someone else is winning
>>
File: Rare Kyro 2.png (263KB, 616x695px) Image search: [Google]
Rare Kyro 2.png
263KB, 616x695px
>>53048406
proving you don't need to be literate to be smug
>>
>>53048448
Can YOU read? That card is fucking terrible.
>>
>>53048448
I mean, he's right. The majority of the time, this is a 1U counter, which isn't bad, but in the situations where a copy is bad for you but a counter is good, it's a splashable Twincast.

Cards like this and Vexing Devil are bad because your opponents will always pick the option that fucks them over the least.
>>
File: 1457468416282.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457468416282.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>>53048510

Not as terrible as your mum's dick was last night you goon.
>>
>>53048586
>misevaluate a card
>get extremely defensive
>>
File: enter the void.gif (2MB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
enter the void.gif
2MB, 299x240px
>>53048608

I'm not that guy.
>>
>>53048608
lurk more newfag
>>
>>53048608

Fucking retard go back to mtg salvation
>>
>>53048448
I would rather pack a 3 mana cancel clone than that card m8, it's seriously bad. Some of the vote cards have the options of "win" or "win more", but here the card will always fuck you. You are aware you cannot counter spells when you and your opponent are the last players in the game too, right?.
>>
>>53048691
no seriously try it
its great
>>
>>53048173
Garbage or secret gitgud tech?
>>
>>53048209
There was an autist screaming that every mechanic in Amonkhet is Parasitic, who shitposted the heck out of a thread or two arguing semantics, but "Splice onto Arcane" is literally the example that got Parasitic defined in M:tG Design, so it's a legit gripe with Kamigawa.
>>
File: 1492640337135.png (362KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
1492640337135.png
362KB, 1024x578px
>>53048898
>There was an autist screaming that every mechanic in Amonkhet is Parasitic

I am suprised people remember that. I was one of the anons arguing against him, and forgot about it.
>>
>>53048163
>implying this land is bad
Sure for EDH it's pretty much useless, but you should go compare it with something like Cabal Pit. Suicide black likes having a backup finisher stapled on a land that comes into play untapped.
>>
>>53048898
To be fair, Maro kind of uses Parasitic in more of a spectrum rather than a binary term. He will often say some mechanics are "more parasitic than [he] originally thought." The processor mechanic from BFZ is a good example of one he described as such.
>>
>>53047417
>objectively
>not tapping it after a toxic deluge for 12
>>
>>53049039
>"more parasitic than [he] originally thought." The processor mechanic from BFZ is a good example of one he described as such.
I'm surprised the FFL didn't notice that aspect of Processors, they're devilishly hard to fuel both reliably and "fairly"
>>
File: Leovold Price Trend.png (909KB, 2675x932px) Image search: [Google]
Leovold Price Trend.png
909KB, 2675x932px
>>53045100
>>53045154

Hillariously enough, the price on Leovold went UP by around 15% following the Commander ban.

It's gone down again, but it's still higher than it was pre-ban.
>>
>>53049157
If it isn't obvious, development and the FFL league are all terrible at their job.
>>
>>53048898
>>53048925
Exert is hardly parasitic as it synergizes with stuff as simple as untap or vigilance.

-1/-1 theme is as broad as it can possibly get.

Embalm and Aftermath are overcosted, but the aforementioned synergizes great with token synergy, and both synergize great with dredge/self-mill/graveyard abuse.

Overall this set is pretty great when it comes to playing along with other sets. There's a reason cards like Blowfly Infestation and Crumbling Ashes spiked so much recently.
>>
File: Image.ashx(2).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(2).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
So how do I go about building Nin?
>>
>>53047273
>99 Relentless Rats

So you're going to have no lands?
>>
File: 349[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
349[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>53047417
>>53049057
>>
File: Image (11).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (11).png
139KB, 223x311px
>>53046996
Temur
>>
>>53049513
play indestructible creatures that you can shoot and have live with a shit ton of mana rocks and a paradox engine so you can draw your deck
>>
>>53043457
Mana echoes umbral mantle.

Wait never mind that's krenko
>>
>>53048834
If Gitgud triggered per land, -maybe-.
>>
>>53048898
Yeah, none of Amonkhet's stuff is parasitic.

Exert works with untap effects and vigilance, and is very fun with untap-and-extra-combat stuff.

Embalm works with literally all token support, and there's a few cards you can use to get them back (as well as them fucking up Processors, though that's narrow)

-1/-1 counters work with all creatures ever, and any of the -1/-1 counters matter stuff from Shadowmoor.
>>
>>53049311
Because of Legacy. Because Legacy is the main reason that's a 50 dollar card, not him being "Nekusar, except more dickish" in Commander.
>>
>>53049926
Cartouches.
>>
>>53049963
And Deserts
>>
>>53049513
Stuffy Doll, Indestructible stuff, maybe cheap token makers. If you can fuck up your opponent's drawing (most of the effects I can think of are in black, though) she also nukes opposing creatures well.
>>
>>53049644
Two cards which cost 4 each and have to be on-board for a turn before you can use them, with absolutely no built-in protection, that together ALMOST kill one player per turn, in B/G.

That's nowhere near broken.
>>
>>53049623
I said the only creatures, as in no other creatures. You'll still have lands, sorceries and instants.
>>
>>53046996
Grixis.

Red has the most Threaten effects (obviously), blue has the longer lasting effects like Mind Control, and R/B gives you a lot of ways to sacrifice the creatures rather than give them back.
>>
>>53049942
Yeah I'm aware of it, but it getting banned in commander doesn't really follow a price spike though, demand shouldn't have increased.

>>53049963
>>53049976
Minor cycles of 5 cards.
They aren't the set mechanics.

That's like complaining about Throne of Empires being parasitic, or the curse cards they added in Innistrad.
>>
>>53049963
I'd struggle to call that a 'mechanic', but okay- those 10 cards are parasitic in the sense that the Trials only work with 5 cards (for now- there may be more). But those are the only cards that care about Cartouches.

That's like saying Gate to the Afterlife is a parasitic mechanic.
>>
>>53049976
Deserts aren't as bad because you can find deserts on other planes, but Cartouches won't really show up anywhere that isn't Not!Egypt.
>>
>>53050014
Well, there's also Miracles getting fucked out of Legacy. Maybe that puts Leovold-centric decks in a stronger meta position?
>>
>>53050040
Actually, that makes perfect sense. Sultai decks became way stronger.
>>
>>53050060
So, there you go. Increased demand in the format responsible for the price tag, accompanied by decreased demand in a smaller format (and a small influx of supply from people selling the card off) leading to a higher overall price.
>>
>>53049998
You think you've got a lot of room leftover in your 99 card deck for lands after you put your 99 Relentless Rats in it?
>>
>>53049408
Well Hoden aren't parasitic because they synergizes with cards that copy things.
>>
>>53047273
>>53047781
These are gonna be the tribes, calling it now

>Bant Knights/Soldiers
>Esper Wizards/Faeries
>Grixis Ninjas/Samurai
>Jund Dragons/Goblins
>Naya Cats/Beasts
>>
>>53050230
Well the are only four so obviously not.
>>
>>53050136
Flying is technically parasitic, if you act like a retard about it. You should be able to grasp the differences.
>>
>>53050103
>The only creatures in the 99
Reading is hard, huh buddy?
>>
>>53050136
Not really, considering they're Legendary, dumbass.
>>
>>53050230
>Grixis Ninjas/Samurai
Ninjas maybe, since they're all Blue or Black, but there's no blue Samurai, and most of them are in White (secondary in Red, tertiary in White, Kentaro in Green). If they did Samurai at all, they'd need to print a bunch of new ones, and it'd probably be Naya colors.
>>
>>53049513
>>53049796
>>53049978
What these guys said. She's a lot of fun set up like this.
>>
>>53050096

Edh is a much larger and more played format than legacy, but, edh decks only ever use 1 copy of leovold and he's not common in the 99, so the overall demand might not be as big as the legacy demand
>>
>>53050533
"Smaller format" was the wrong wording, you're right.

I should have said "format with lesser demand for it".
>>
>>53050014
First off, Deserts is a mechanic by Wizard's definition. So don't move the goalpost.

Secondly, the anon's exact post was:
>>53049926
>Yeah, none of Amonkhet's stuff is parasitic.

Which Deserts is part of "Amonkhet's stuff." So don't move the goalpost.
>>
>>53050230
>>53050262
We've already gotten Eldrazi, Angels, Demons, Elves, Goblins, Knights, and Dragons in Duel Decks, and Slivers in a Premium Deck. Not to mention they probably wouldn't do Slivers since they barely managed to scrape together mana for four color decks.

They like to use these kinds of things to fill obvious holes, like adding a bunch of Wedge creatures, four-color creatures, and Planeswalker commanders, so I wouldn't expect them to hit up the cookie-cutter obvious ones to start with. They said they were going after "popular" ones, so it would make sense for it to be well-liked, but under supported tribes.

Keeping that in mind, I think some likely candidates are:
>Cats
>Giants
>Humans
>Minotaurs
>Snakes
>Soldiers
>Spirits
>Werewolves
>>
>>53050647
Oh good, the fucking 'moving goalposts' autist is back to ruin a thread.
>>
>>53050647
Technically Deserts aren't parasitic because there's cards outside of this set that interact with Deserts.
>>
>>53050899
Similarly, Deserts aren't parasitic because they're standalone cards that aren't reliant on their "Desert-ness" to function.

Soulshift is a parasitic mechanic because it requires that you play spirits to benefit from it. Splice onto Arcane is a parasitic mechanic because it requires that you play Arcane cards to benefit from it. Gates were a parasitic mechanic, because there were cards that required you to play Gates to utilize them.

The only card that explicitly cares about Deserts in Amonkhet is Shefet Monitor, who isn't even parasitic itself, because it can get a basic land instead of a Desert.

It's simple synergy, no more parasitic than any given creature type.
>>
>>53050982
Actually, Soulshift isn't super parasitic because it works with ANY Spirits, and there were plenty outside Kamigawa.

Parasitic isn't "you have to play these cards to benefit from it", it's "This mechanic does not interact with anything outside of the set it's from", which is true of Splice onto Arcane and Gates, but not true of Soulshift.
>>
I used to think that land destruction had no place in casual EDH... But now I realize I had a warped view of casual EDH. I used to think that cards like Sheoldred, Jitte, Ulamog, a few God enchantment creatures, etc all had no place in casual EDH.
Nowadays I realize that these things are fine for casual EDH, but with that realization I've also realized that Land Destruction should be fine as well. The truth is that if someone is playing mono red they not only can't take care of powerful enchantments but they have very few ways to take out creatures with over 7 toughness or indestructible creatures. So are you going to tell me that they should either A) get very lucky or B) willingly lose the game because they have no options?
No, neither of those choices are acceptable. The truth is that land destruction is the most powerful tool in Red's arsenal, not using it puts mono red players at a supreme disadvantage. If you feel like you're allowed to use supremely strong creatures "because they can be removed" or supremely strong enchantments "because they can be removed" then I feel that I'm allowed to use supremely strong land destruction "because you can run mana rocks".
And just as you say "Well you should run more removal!" I say "Well you should run more mana rocks!" and then you can say "Well I do but they aren't in my hand right now!" and I reply WITH THE EXACT SAME SENTIMENT towards removal.
So at the end of the day I say this; If the point of casual edh is still to win, which it obviously is if you're running $20 powerful praetors, then I'm going to do what I can to win, which is to keep you from being able to play those praetors.
>>
>>53051412
LD is fine in two forms:

Mass LD as part of a win condition (you can recover faster, your lands are indestructible, you've got a much better board state), or targeted effects to hit clutch lands (Maze of Ith, Gaea's Cradle, the like)

The issue is when people Armageddon every 4 turns because they can.
>>
File: useless.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
useless.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Post useless commanders.
>>
>>53051580
It's not WHOLLY useless. You could lock Opponents C and D out of a spell, in theory.
>>
>>53051580
>exile Sol Ring
>exile Cyclonic Rift
>stop other players from casting it
>be the ultimate meme master, tutor for a card you know your opponent has in their hand and you have in your deck with Vampiric Tutor/Mystical Tutor, then exile it

It also exiles cards from opponents decks as a slow form of mill, but without the drawback of filling their yard.

Still garbage, but not useless.
>>
>>53051580
>>53051604
It tends to be utilized as more of a combo mill thing. Going infinite with Palinchron eats everyone's libraries, for instance.
>>
The Mirrodin Pure promo Pristine Talisman isn't foil, right?
>>
>>53051754
no
>>
File: 66.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>53051657
Alternatively, pack your deck full of staples and run pic related.
>>
>>53051845
that would actually be kinda fun.

Play all kinds of Telepathy cards so that everyone can see each others hands.
Run top manipulation (Divining Top, Scroll Rack, Soothsaying etc), so you can ensure the cards you want to exile are on top of your library.
Then everything else is a list of the most played staples in commander + Grim Reminder
>>
>>53050327
not him but i think he meant the fact that you said that you would run 99 copies of relentless rats so you wouldnt have room in the 99 for lands
>>
Are there any other ways to build Mormir Vig than just Simic Goodstuff or Combo? His ability doesn't seem to lend itself to any apparent strategy aside from having creatures.
>>
>>53052010
I didn't say shit.

The original post was "The only creatures in the 99". It did not say "99 copies".
>>
>>53052021
He's a tutor on a stick. That pretty much means he's pigeon-holed into either being gudstuff toolbox or combo. The same goes for pretty much any commander who tutors.
>>
>>53052021
>repeatable tutor commander
One of the least fun commanders in existence, so no, only goodstuff or combo
>>
>>53052132
>>53052142
>>53052021
Pretty much any commander who is a tutor will end up getting boring pretty fast. It'll be a pretty consistent deck and you can do a lot, but you won't really have a focused strategy unless you go the combo route, which ends up being too focused most of the time. The most fun tutor commanders are probably Sisay and Toshi because the things they tutor for are different and limited, but the novelty will eventually wear off.
>>
>>53052045
my bad, i misread the original post
>>
>>53052253
Yes, that would be the source of the confusion, and why my comment was to the tune of "reading are hard".
>>
i built a Sidisi deck based off of a tappedout list that i cant find now and im trying to find the original list. Anyone recognize it?

Commander : Sidisi, undead Vizier
1x lotus petal
1x sickening dreams
1x dark ritual
1x Ad nauseaum
1x dark sphere
94x swamps

thanks
>>
File: 109.png (243KB, 320x356px) Image search: [Google]
109.png
243KB, 320x356px
>Bought one of those three pack repacks with Atarka in the front for 9 bucks
>Gatecrash, Journey Into Nyx, and Dragons
>Nothing good except impact tremors
kill me
What can I do with Atarka anyways?
>>
>>53052184
Toshi doesn't tutor.
>>
>>53052514
I never got why people like these kinds of decks. Even as a joke.

They are completely worthless, most likely won't be casting a single spell until turn 5, and folds to a single counter or removal spell.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-turn-6-win-edh/
>>
>>53052588
Yeah, I had a brainfart when I was typing that.
>>
>>53052610
i only play the deck when my friends are in the pod with me and they know what is going on so we can fuck with someone together. I never pull the deck out for actual gameplay because I feel like that would be a dick move
>>
>>53052610
>>53052667
and thanks bye the way
>>
>>53052667
>dick move
What? Sitting at the table not doing anything at all while your opponents establish their gameplan, then losing?

I'm not saying it's unfun because it's too strong, I'm saying it's unfun because it's pure garbage.

Anyone can see it coming from the second your commander is made available, not playing a single card until turn 5 gives them all the time in the world to prepare.

I guess sitting down with someone and tricking them into thinking they would actually be playing a game of magic and not solitaire is a dick move.
>>
>>53052702
>>53052714
And no problem, why did you want the decklist in the first place though?
>>
>>53050899
Oh shit didn't realize they oracled Desert. 1 card doesn't make something not parasitic. Maro considers the Processor mechanic parasitic even though it interacts with exile effects.
>>
>>53052728
I wanted the list because I knew that the guy who made the list that I was thinking of had another list on his account that I was interested in and I was trying to find it. I dont think that this list and the one that I originally saw are the same though so im going to have to keep looking
>>
File: Desert.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>53052771
>oracled
Nope, it's been like that since subtypes were a thing.
>>
>>53052788
There's like a thousand decklists exactly the same as that one out there, I doubt you will find it, nor that he "made" the list.
>>
>>53052809
Looked right at that card earlier today and have somehow missed that all these years. I also didn't know they were doing future mechanics in timeshifted cards.
>>
File: draglovr.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
draglovr.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>53043155
It's appropriate to have my pic related edited to depict him blowing a dragon, right? I just figure it fits his character accurately for an edit.
>>
File: Desert Arabian Nights.jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Arabian Nights.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
>>53052872
Not the original desert, but it doesn't really work as an example because subtypes on lands wasn't a thing back then.
Forest is just a land, etc.
>>
>>53052771
Then he's wrong by his own metric.

A mechanic is parasitic only if it doesn't interact with anything outside the set it's in.
>>
>>53052872
They had an entire set of timeshifted cards that referenced future mechanics.
>>
>>53052575
Put her in a xenagos deck as a finisher.
>>
>>53052021
Choose a non-legendary creature to act as your real "secret" commander. Build the entire deck around supporting your secret commander, while using Mormir Vig as a reliable tutor to fetch your secret commander when you're ready to cast it.

Some simic non-legendary commanders candidates include:

>Guile
Counterspell deck. Could be better than the typical secret Guile deck with Jalira, Master Polymorphist at the helm; green has amazing ramp, letting you cast your opponents spells more reliably.

>Vigor
You can repeatably tutor for it whenever it dies.

>Phyrexian Swarmlord
Infect / tokens

>Spawnwrithe / Giant Adephage
Use doublestrike equipment or something to create a billion tokens.

>Master Biomancer
This guys ability is very legendary-esque.

>Overbearing of Myth
This should have been legendary to begin with.

>Cold-Eyed Selkie
Buff Selkie with aura's and make it unblockable to draw a shitload of cards. Secret enchantress deck.

>Deadeye Navigator
lel

>Gilder Bairn
With lots of tapping enablers like Paradise Mantle this could get out of hand pretty fast

>Champion of Lambholt
Simple

>Biovisionary
Clone shenanigans for a meme victory.

>River Kelpie
Flashback shenanigans

>Sharding Sphinx
Unblockable shenanigans

>Lorescale Coatl
Card draw shenanigans

>Avenger of Zendikar
Land / blink shenanigans

>Seedborn Muse
Flash / draw / countersell / instant shenanigans

>Master Transmuter
Artifact shenanigans. Could actually be quite strong.

>Foe-Razer Regent
Fighting shenanigans

You get the idea. They'll all be casual meme decks, and they'll fall apart if you don't protect your secret commander from removal, but you could create something really unique.
If your secret commander has 7+ CMC then you'll probably be casting them on the same turn you would be if they were your actual commander anyway.
>>
>>53052903
He says parasitic is a spectrum and not binary. Something being more parasitic is a poorly designed mechanic if it's wide spread with the farthest end of the spectrum being splice unto arcane. He's not wrong just morons deal in absolutes.
>>
>>53052925
Maybe I missed something but Desert seems to be the only Timeshifted card that references a future mechanic.

http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Time_Spiral/Timeshifted
>>
>>53053026
Desert was from Time Spiral, which was specifically old cards. He means the Futureshifted cards from Future Sight.
>>
>>53053101

Hopping up the comment chain I had said this >>53052872 He replied they did an entire set of Timeshifted cards. Everyone knows Future Sight references future mechanics but I've never seen a mechanic referenced in Timeshifted cards hence why I specifically said and linked Timeshifted cards.
>>
>>53045741
So you want to copy spells in your own deck or have a durdle meta where the copy can result in a win? play insiduous will
Do you have a spikey meta that builds its decks in a way to fight control or use non targeted wincons?
play rewind
>>
>>53053168
Oh good, the autist is back.
>>
>>53046996
You wanna play izzet and pick your favorite splash color. Dominus of fealty and willbreaker will be your friend. Also invest in a ralzarek, stealing two commanders with one planeswalker is pretty good value.
>>
timmys are scum
>>
>>53053427
There's nothing really wrong with timmies, it's turbo casual timmies who complain about you interacting with them that you have to worry about.
>>
>>53053101
They're all covered by the blanketed term Timeshifted by development.
>>
>mfw I just spent about $600 on gitrog

I feel fucking dumb about spending so much for a deck, how the hell do you get used to this?
>>
>>53053538
>Budget Gitrog

What a shitter.
>>
>>53053558
Yeah all those fetches and crucible sure is budget
>>
>just bought a doubling season for Ghave
>realized that it works with a fucktillion things
Anyone have any cool suggestions for what I could do with it?
>>
>>53053580
Spending less than 1k on Gitrog is budget. Shame to waste all those fetches and Crucible on a budget build.
>>
>>53053604
Does something come in with counters or make tokens? Then it gets better with doubling season. You're welcome.
>>
>>53053641
Gee wiz, thanks anon. It's almost like I didn't realize that in the first place. I'm using it for a Ghave combo engine, but I was wondering if there are cool one turn planeswalker ults I can pull off, or silly things like attacking with a kalonian hydra for 32 damage in one turn while it's out.
>>
File: IMG_9359.jpg (791KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9359.jpg
791KB, 960x1280px
>>53053626
Are you jealous perhaps? Sorry you can't afford quality cards on your neetbux.
>>
>>53053669
fag
>>
>>53053683
Just the words of a jealous anon, cry more.
>>
>>53053669
I know you think I'm being a hyperaggressive dick but I'm just being honest. Gitrog is an expensive deck and if you're complaining about buying a Gitrog deck where you spend less than $300 on nonlands then you probably shouldn't have made the deck because it's gonna run like shit.
>>
>>53053626
I mean, they only said they sunk $600 into it. Who's to say they didn't already have another $600 worth of cards in their collection waiting?
>>
>>53053708
>I know you think I'm being a hyperaggressive dick
No I just think you're a faggot which isn't far off
>>
>>53053712
If he's complaining about spending $600 then he probably doesn't have the other necessities.
>>
>>53053748
Post your list anon. I want a good laugh.
>>
>>53053708

>$600 gitrog deck is gonna "run like shit"

Some people in these threads are quite delusional
>>
>>53053708
It really isn't. Outside of lands, it runs fine on cheaper options. Gitrog isn't some special deck that needs more money than any other Golgari deck to run smoothly (beyond the lands as I said). And besides, dropping $600 on cards will feel weird no matter how often you do it or for what.
>>
>>53053538
>mfw I spent $30 buying Chinaman to complete my Gitrog
>mfw no face
>>
>>53046996
Play Zedruu and Dominus of Fealty. Gain control of someones card and donate it to someone else.
>>
>>53053751
Loam and Dakmor are cheap

>>53053770
I'll post it next thread since this one is reaching post limit or maybe not because I'll forget about it in the morning

>>53053798
Unfortunately I know no gooks to order from
>>
>>53053751
I don't know, having $600 worth of cards can sneak up on you. I got a playset of Cavern of Souls for like $15 each for RB Zombies back when that was Standard, and they've jumped to some $40 each. If you just casually accumulated cards over the years, chances are your collection has probably inflated in value significantly just from time.
>>
>>53053790
>>53053791
Dredge and Hermit shell just aren't cheap and don't have budget alternatives. Just like you can't spare expense for Azami decks. Skimping on cost slows down the clock those decks put on their opponents and effectively makes them to slow to function in all but crawwurm metas.
>>
>>53053655
Play it in Vorel. Quadruple everything. Play it in Atraxa. Use it with Rite of Replication.
>>
>>53053828
>this one is reaching post limit

Post limit on /tg/ is like 400 right?
>>
>>53053898
>>
>>53053878
I can't imagine anyone being this fucking stupid except you since you posted it dumbass
>>
>>53053961
>>53053961
>>53053961
>>53053961

New thread
>>
>>53052903
A lot of mechanics are parasitic. Parasitic cards aren't inherently bad. What matters is how they're designed. Energy is parasitic, but because of how the cards I designed, they're able to use this cool new and flavorful mechanic while making the cards that use it self contained so they function on their own, so the fact that it still plays with cards outside of the sets with the mechanic. The other way parasitism can be mitigated is just by having the stuff interact with stuff done all the time but just isn't normally cared about which is how processors and, for example, tribal (yes, even elf or goblin tribal are parasitic, strictly speaking) get by.
>>
>>53053026
Filter Lands were later printed. Devoid was first seen unkeyworded in Ghostfire.
>>
>>53053908
>This is post 305
Meta

Also 600 sounds about right for gitrog without tabernacle. It's crucible, fetches, loam, asuza, exploration, some of the pricy rocks, then everything else is sub 10$
>>
File: zhou.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
zhou.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>53051580
>>
>>53050802
Keep in mind that they're releasing Iconic Masters very close to the precons, i don't think that a set focussed on tribes being realised months after precons focussed on tribes is a coincidence. That said Iconic Masters has
>Dragons
>Angels
>Sphinxes
>Demons
>Hydras

Just sayin'
>>
>>53043960
I have a Shu-Yun deck I threw together out of mostly commons I already owned. I really doubt it's worth more than fifteen dollars and I fucking love it.
>>
>>53043641
Infinite shuffling doesn't stall the game, since it can be shortcutted anyway, since multiple shuffles nothing happening in between is redundant
>>
>>53044050
Like with Edric you can build Derevi in a fair way.
>>
File: 1493277198379-v.png (210KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493277198379-v.png
210KB, 872x632px
>tfw having Lattice on the field with multiple good mana rocks
>tfw casting Kataki
>tfw opponents don't run istant speed removal or have an out to this
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.