[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 22

File: Spacebutts.jpg (184KB, 912x691px) Image search: [Google]
Spacebutts.jpg
184KB, 912x691px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Nice Aft Edition

Last Thread:
>>52818757

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
http://dflist.com/

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commande

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.
>>
So it doesn't look like this hey answered in the old thread so I'll just repost it. So I was re reading the DFC rule book and the fluff text for the Medea said that it deployed types 1-5 walkers,is there anything about these new walkers or are they going to be in coming books?
>>
>>53041964
Second for trying to get fleet finished in time for game day.
>>
>>53042153
I would presume that the Type 5's will be part of phase 3 for DZC, along with the UCM Osprey and the Scourge Executor.

Still hoping for those Type 6 and Type 7 Grand Walkers, though.

Speaking of, anyone got the Gurren Lagann Marco Baros pic?
>>
>>53042427
What about the type 3s?
>>
>>53043163
Type-3's are the Apollo, Erebos, and Hera
>>
>>53042153
There's nothing definitive written about the Type-5+ walkers, other than the fact that Type-7s are 'legendary'.
>>
>>53043210
So it goes type 1 main battle version, type 2 heavy, type 3 recon/quick strike, and type 4 super heavy?
>>
>>53043721
Correct; technically, you could say the Janus are type-0.
>>
File: ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg (59KB, 433x754px) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderTheFollowing.jpg
59KB, 433x754px
Emeralds go up to 4 infantry/armor each, but are increased to 145 points each.
Voidgates stay as they are now, but have a group size of 2-6

Yes/No?
>>
Is four drop ships and no troop ships at 1250 pts "fuck my ship up"-tier?
>>
>>53046203
Yes.
6 strike carriers or 4 strike carriers + 1 troopship is pretty much the absolute minimum you can reasonably get away with.

Generally speaking, at that point size, minimum "troop volume" is 6, preferred is 8, and reasonable maximum is 10-12, where a strike carrier has volume 1 and a troopship has volume 2.
>>
>>53046203
Assuming your opponent brought zero corvettes, you'll still lose on objectives on account of having fewer strike carriers than there are clusters on the board in the average scenario at 1250pts.
>>
File: Four Horsemen of the Reconquest.png (139KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Four Horsemen of the Reconquest.png
139KB, 300x300px
>>
>>53046203
You always want at least 4 strike carriers (more are generally better) and a troopship above 1k points.Without adequate ground coverage, you'll just get overrun in the ground war and lose the battle that way.
>>
>>53046104
Switch the gates to 2-4 instead of 2-6 and yeah. It would concentrate Shaltari into fewer motherships and make Azurites more worthwhile.
>>
>>53051410
Exactly; as it stands, Shaltari fleets already have a huge amount of disruptors in their ranks, even without Basalts.
>>
How competitive would a PHR list be if it used mostly type 3 walkers and other fast moving assets?
>>
>>53053563
That's pretty much what the current PHR meta-meta is, last I checked; lots of Apollos, Valkyries, maybe some Thors or a Hades for heavy fire support.
>>
Where the hell in the USA do I find a PHR battleship? My local game stores dont stock dropfleet, and all the web sites I normally order from seem to be out of stock as well.
I was hoping to paint one for a model painting competition at work, but with stocks being super low I may be SOL.
>>
>>53054811
I don't know, for some reason there's distributor issues in the US, and I have no idea why Hawk hasn't rectified it. There's obviously demand if all the online shops are out of stock, so I can't think of any reason why the US distributors aren't stocking it.

The one thing you can do is order direct from Hawk, but only if you're going to buy 100 pounds worth of stuff. Free shipping is GOAT.
>>
How do you dudes feel about the Topaz? It doesn't seem as useful as, say, the Toulon, Harpy, or Europa to be taken in lieu of Opals, Amethysts, or preferably, an Amber.
>>
>>53056341
It used to be pointless shit but it's alright now since they dropped the price. Now a group of 3 is about the same price as an Amber and can put out 50% extra firepower on standard orders. Not as good in a brawl, but better if you just want some extra firepower without going WF.
>>
>>53056376
The price dropped? I'm assuming in the experimental rules, right?
>>
File: Tactical Superiority.jpg (46KB, 574x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Superiority.jpg
46KB, 574x960px
>>
File: ExperimentalRules.pdf (593KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ExperimentalRules.pdf
593KB, 1x1px
>>53056680
Yep. Experimental rules dropped them to 37 points.
Amethyst got a slight nerf to attack numbers, Diamond is now 290 points and only cripples on a 4+, Glass got a well deserved beating with the nerf bat which made its ion lances CAW, and Jade is still bad but now has 2+ lock.
>>
>>53054811
There is a serious stock issue in the US. We haven't been able to get hold of PHR starter boxes since the frigate and cruiser ones came out, battleships are running out and I wouldn't be surprised if the corvettes end up in a similar position.
>>
Is the web based roster editor not working for anyone else?
>>
>>53060092

DFlist is working for me, and I FFotR for dzc.
>>
>>53060243
What about the solomander one?
>>
>>53060394

...Nope.
>>
>>53042427
>I would presume that the Type 5's will be part of phase 3 for DZC
Hoping that's the case. I'd also love to see some of the other factions get units in the same weight class as the Hades (the new shaltari walker that got previewed might be - render made it look a bit bigger than the jaguar family).

>Still hoping for those Type 6 and Type 7 Grand Walkers
See... that sounds SO cool, but it might be getting a bit "out of scale" for DZC, assuming from the description that they are something titan-esque in size. Back when the Hades dropped, we discussed a great deal about how adding such a large model skewed the whole feeling of the game. I don't know if I want to see DZC go the directions of warmachine colossals or 40K apoc where the models size detracts from the game. Plus it will lose some of its feel if you have elements that are literally too large to be airmobile (again, the Hades is already pushing it).

Static emplacements are definitely interesting though - opens up a lot of possibilities for asymmetric scenarios with an attacker/defender.
>>
>>53057064
Wait a minute.

This doesn't say the medium batteries are being split up, just that they're being linked.

So... are both able to fire on standard orders now? The fuck?
>>
File: IMG_0215.png (51KB, 214x132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.png
51KB, 214x132px
>>53057508
I hadn't consciously noticed this shortage myself, but I guess that explains why I've been getting most of my ships and now command cards from eBay instead of a direct online retailer...
>>
>>53060952
It's odd case only some of the medium and light broadsides are getting linked.
>>
File: test.pdf (106KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
test.pdf
106KB, 1x1px
What do you guys think of this PHR list guys, I'm planning on getting a second hades and want to get to the range of 2.5-3k points.
>>
>>53061270
That's exactly my point. I work for a lgs that also sells stuff online. All of our usual distributors are showing zero stock for the command cards, the battleships, most of the starter fleets and half the corvettes.

It's like Hawk stopped selling to the U.S.
>>
>>53062750
>It's like Hawk stopped selling to the U.S.
But the thing is, they didn't. It's like the distributors stopped buying.
>>
>>53064556
maybe the distributors stopped buying cause they weren't able to sell their stock?
>>
>>53064574
But all the online stores are out of stock, so they're obviously selling, which means the online stores should be buying from the distributors.
>>
>>53064556
>But the thing is, they didn't. It's like the distributors stopped buying.
They may be a little hesitant. There was definitely a crash with DZC where a lot of distributors and retailers got stuck holding stock. I picked up a ton of DZC stuff about six months ago at 50% - 75% off from some online retailer. Even if you don't have a physical store, that's still into "selling at a loss" territory.
>>
>>53065335
What sellers were those?!
>>
>Scourge frigate atmos-hopping
>PHR broadside drifting
What other interesting maneuvering tactics have you guys used?
>>
>>53066754
what pray tell is broadside drifting?
>>
>>53068178
>turn 1
>max thrust into midfield
>turn 2
>course change, but use only a single turn at the end of your movement, resulting in an oblique angle of attack that allows for broadsides to be shot "forwards"
>turn 3 onwards
>course change; turn 45 degrees to face heading forward, move, turn 45 degrees again to bring broadsides to bare
>resulting effect is a broadside drift where broadsides can be fired forwards every turn
>at the cost of spikes, of course
>>
>>53068313
And with PHR armor/hull... Would you really worry about that shit?
>>
>>53069170
PHR hull and armor alone isn't enough to save them from having a minor/major spike the entire game, but calypso or two is.
>>
>>53068313
Ah, I thought there was some trick to moving without special orders that I had missed, although that is some sound movement, not sure itd be necessary to do it every turn though.
>>
>>53069935
It's not necessary every turn, you're right, but it's good just for the fact that it extends the threat-arc of broadsides to a full 360 degrees on all movement.
>>
>>53070024
oh for sure sounds like a good squadron of some orions with a leonidas pulling that maneuver could sneakily end some whole battlegroup. I think it might be even more fun to pull it out of a previous turn silent running for more maximum annoying.
>>
Almost have two fleets table-ready except for paint s-shut up which of these do I bring to gameday, /dcg/?

--------------------------------------
no BB - 1241pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (233pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
+ UCM Captain (20pts, 2AV)
2 x Toulon - 70pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (210pts)
2 x Berlin - 210pts - M

SR7 Line battlegroup (176pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x Santiago - 44pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (250pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (130pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (222pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
2 x Madrid - 158pts - M
available for swapping: one more saratoga, one more santiago

>tfw no command cards
Scourge 2x - 1243pts
Scourge - 10 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (170pts)
1 x Shenlong - 170pts - H
+ Fleet Champion (40pts, 3AV)

SR5 Line battlegroup (110pts)
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (344pts)
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
1 x Hydra - 140pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (176pts)
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L
1 x Ifrit - 110pts - M

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (234pts)
4 x Harpy - 168pts - L
3 x Nickar - 66pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (169pts)
1 x Wyvern - 105pts - M
2 x Gargoyle - 64pts - L
>>
>>53071145
>UCM
I'm a bit iffy; even with 5 corvettes, I feel like just 4 strike carriers isn't enough. I'd definitely bump them up to 6, or take a SanFran.

>Scourge
Likewise, I feel neither of these really have the troop capacity they'd need to work out as good as they could.

Between the two, however, I'm leaning towards the Scourge. It's got plenty of varied firepower and a lot of launch assets, and generally seems like it can compensate in orbit better than the UCM list.
>>
>>53072056
UCM has bombardment, scourge doesn't. Both are basically 2x starter sets, and a corvette pack. I have a pair of BBs but I'm taking them very slowly and aim to paint before I assemble, so. Not ready. Because wiping two sectors a turn at 1250 points sounds pacha.jpg

Wish I had freakin' admiral cards for either list though.
>>
>>53072285
Fair point; 2 Madrid, 4 Nawlins, and 5 Santiago might actually end up being enough to contend the ground game.

A Moscow, 2 Berlin, Seattle, 2 Cairo, and 2Lon is also a decent enough spread of firepower, but I'd recommend getting your hands on some Lima ASAP.
>>
>>53074045
There's some Limas in the list.

That said, I'd recommend getting more Limas since the list has a bunch of lasers.
>>
>>53074079
Oh jeeze, I did miss those. And yes, agreed on going up to 4 Lima.
>>
File: FOR VENGEANCE.png (373KB, 669x952px) Image search: [Google]
FOR VENGEANCE.png
373KB, 669x952px
>>
File: CQB.jpg (82KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
CQB.jpg
82KB, 1200x676px
>>53074737
Dave's seeded UCM defectors helping the Earth Resistance build up for "something", someone's been trolling the UCM and pinning it on the PHR and Shaltari...
Which faction do you think is going to be getting the worst cockblock in Phase 3?
>>
File: 1493165249401.jpg (3MB, 1900x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1493165249401.jpg
3MB, 1900x3000px
Deploying aesthetic robot wife
Beep boop
>>
Ok fellas.
I just bought the DFC rulebook and I am completely new to the game. Where should I start? How is the value in the starter sets vs faction boxes? What's a rough guide to how each of the factions play?
>>
>>53075277
>How is the value in the starter sets vs faction boxes?
2 player starter gets you Scourge and UCM starters, a rulebook, and a bunch of other shit. Its better value than the faction starters but if you don't plan on playing both those factions (or one while giving the other to a friend) then it won't do you much good.

>What's a rough guide to how each of the factions play?
Scourge are glass cannons that like to sneak around until they're up close and personal before unleashing hot plasma all over the enemy's face. Expect to use the silent running special order a lot.

PHR are tough and have powerful guns, but they tend to put those guns in broadsides. They can outmatch even Scourge in terms of pure firepower, but careful positioning is required to get full use out of it.

Shaltari is the weirdo faction for weirdos. Insane scan distances, a unique troop deployment method, can switch between having the worst armour and smallest signatures in the game to having the best armour and biggest signatures, get armour ignoring guns instead of laser beams, etc.

UCM is a bit odd, as their playstyle is more specific. Fairly slow and tough, but not as tough as PHR. In most ways they're just all-rounders, but they have a few specific abilities that make them stand out. Their lasers are the best around, their turrets have the best arcs, their carriers double as gunships and perhaps most importantly they have a special ship (the Lima) that can very efficiently put spikes on an enemy ship to make it easier to shoot. This makes them fantastic at sniping and concentrating fire despite their bad scan range.
>>
>>53075538
How many points is a standardish game for DFC? And roughly how many ships/starter boxes would I need for it?

I read the rules and background and they were pretty cool, so I'm just trying to suss out what kind of investment I'd need to get into the game
>>
>>53077103
Usually people play at either 1250 or 1500.
>>
>>53074045
Thank you. Yeah, I've a pair of Limas, but I'm limited to four frigates by >2x starter sets.

It's feeling like I might be going for, say, frigate box + starter set for each faction to round out the capabilities. +12 frigates, +3 CR- maybe swap the scourge starter set for another frigate box, or some of the divine BCs.

I want more 2lons and a St. Pete, by god.
>>
>>53077518
If you're going that path, I'd recommend the following to build (based on what you already have)

>2x 2lon
>2x Lima
>2x Nawlins
>2x Jakarta
>Some combination of Nawlins, Jakarta, or Taipei to taste for remaining 4x frigates
>San Fran
>3rd Cairo
>2nd Seattle or a St. Pete (you already have loadsa beams, so I'd edge towards the carrier)
>>
>>53061432
Is that anon right though?

Under these rules those ships wouldn't have to go weapons free to fire both sides? That's what I'm reading too, I'm just not sure I believe it.
>>
File: 1421474688347.jpg (66KB, 1280x675px) Image search: [Google]
1421474688347.jpg
66KB, 1280x675px
>>53077547
>>3rd Cairo
Already got a third Saratoga.
I guess a fourth would allow me to use 2x 2 squadrons.
4x Toulon and 4x Taipei sounds nice and flexible.

Maybe SF, St. Pete, and another Moscow so I could have a nice double-moscow brick available. But maybe I should settle for a second SF, or another carrier.

For jellies (reeee) I'd imagine it'd be +2 or +4 gargoyles (esp with Chimeras being a worse San Fran) then +4 djinns and maybe +4 of whatever the bombardment or gimmick ones are. Maybe a pair of Yokai and/or a wyvern, and then just BCs when they're out.
>>
>>53061432
>>53077561
It's true, and I can't say I necessarily like it.
It feels like a massively arbitrary departure from Hawk's normal regularity.
I mean, balance is balance, but there has to be a way to redesign the weapons themselves to not magically gives some ships both broadsides on standard orders, and others not.
WYSIWYG is generally Hawk's MO, and you can't really see anything on a PHR ship that would otherwise indicate it can fire both broadsides; you have to memorize each ship in particular.
>>
Does Hawk go to Origins? I know they go to gencon, but what about other US conventions?
When do you think Dave will show off the PHR and Shaltari BB's?
>>
>>53077103
To hit 1250 you'd want 2 starter boxes, a corvette box and maybe a frigate box. That should give you about 1250, and a little bit of wiggle room if you don't need that much.
>>
>>53074934

>plotgerm I've had for a while
>PHR Shangri-La pocket, a disabled Menchit AI ends up the only survivor in its pantheon after getting overrun by a scourge force
>its later found by a scavenging feral human resistance type, who fixes up the walker as only a superstitious post-apocalyptic gadget-wizard callow youth can
>Menchits are actually really fucking good against Scourge infantry-things so this team reaches prophesied hero of legend tier pretty quickly in its survivor community
>even before this, the AI had been starting to brag to the kid about how much of a big deal she is in the PHR forces, how much Hades respects her, how jealous Ares and Phobos are of her, how all the Immortals are in awe of her...
>then one day they encounter a real PHR force...
>>
>>53080547
As cool as all that sounds (and it sounds really fucking cool), don't PHR warforms require a mental link between pilot and machine?
As batshit crazy as resistance techies are, I don't think even they can synthesize neural implants and nanomachines from oil and rusty backhoes.
>>
So, how do command cards work in dzc? How many can you spend, how much of a deck will you go through, how frequently do you not usethem?
>>
>>53080764
Yeah im not sure how much control the AI's have either, although you could pull something with the mech communicating via body language or morse code or something like that being as the neural connections died with the pilot.
>>
>>53080837
Command cards are a deck of cards some of which are common pool (shared between all races) and some of which are specific to a certain faction.

You draw a number at the beginning of a turn equal to the command value of your highest commander ie a command value 5 commander would allow you to draw up to 5 cards. You can only ever have a number of cards up to your command value, and you may discard cards before you draw at the beginning of the turn.

Each card specifies what it affects and when it can be played so you can then play that card whenever it would be legal to do so, you can play any number of cards a turn, the only restriction is that any squad or unit may only be specifically targetted once per player per turn by a card.

The cards range from neat to game-changing and can be either used or not used at the players discretion, some factions have cards that are agreed to be better than some others atlhough this has shifted a bit as new units have appeared making certain cards more useful.

Effectiveness ranking for command card decks is:

1. PHR
2. Shaltari
3. Resistance
4. Scourge
5. UCM

This should not be taken that the UCM cards are crap and unusable, just they are not as easily applicable and always useful as say the PHR cards.
>>
>>53082295

Probably what happens is he notices the anomalous cycles going on in the existing control systems and at the end of it gives it a voice synthesizer. No actual neural link required, then.

>here's an idea anon- originally he was going to just completely bypass it and have himself a joystick-controlled warmachine, but couldn't get it to really work
>getting to the root of the problem leads to discovering the original control systems, and getting the AI to help him out took negotiations, sacrifices, and propritiations, feeding the ego
>still a joy-stick interface for the Feral, and the AI handles most of the actual dull work privately
>the payoff to that would be the other AIs being able to say "I didn't think you could get any lower... and now you're a *horse*."
>>
>>53082741
still probably a huge stretch, but well let it sit in some grey not quite fan-fiction area cause its fun
>>
File: Double Decker Broadsides.jpg (2MB, 3000x2778px) Image search: [Google]
Double Decker Broadsides.jpg
2MB, 3000x2778px
>>
>>53082371
What makes the PHR's so good?
>>
>>53086638
It can give a unit re-rolls to hit, give 5+ passive saves to a unit, give walkers +2" move, force an enemy vehicle to stop moving, force an enemy vehicle to shoot a friendly...
All sorts of one-turn buffs and hacks with strong general utility instead of highly situational tricks.
>>
>>53086638
basically >>53086781 what he said.

you have weapon hack which you can play when an opponent goes to fire and fire at a target of your choosing, this is never not useful\

countermeasures hack which lets you temporarily have infinite range which can let you take a shot you might not otherwise have, which is always again really useful

Passive save is usually useful, and more movement for a slow faction is also useful

Conversely the UCMs best card is black project which makes one aircraft only hit on 6s for the rest of the turn, which while not terrible at all, is also situational it is not always useful, and works better for certain army builds.
>>
Leaks of the new cards for Dropfleet have some very interesting effects.

UCM Bombers can enter Atmos for a turn and attack normally--- fuck you enemy strike carriers and cities, suck carpet bombing!
>>
>>53088345
Sauce?
>>
>>53088345
god bless
>>
>>53088345
Oh wow, thats some fuck Freedom apply directly to the strike carrier
>>
>>53088345
>>53088537
AERIAL SUPERIORITY ACHIEVED
>>
>>53088345
Damn, that's a good one. A single Seattle can on average fuck up any non-PHR strike carrier.

DZC-scale Voidhammer model when
>>
>>53088632
Thatd be some maximum aerial superiority right there

yfw several large blast E12 attacks
>>
File: Megas07.png (301KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
Megas07.png
301KB, 638x478px
>>53082741
>still a joy-stick interface for the Feral
>>
>>53088826
im seeing a possible conversion here
>>
>>53090403
Jackson or Gun Technical, what do you say?
>>
>>53090505
have to be a gun technical, jackson is too "nice" looking
>>
>>53090403
>>53090505
>>53090576
>Hades with a technical instead of the command pod
>>
>>53090904
I still want a looted Annihilator.
>legs replaced with wheels
>plasma bombard overcharged and made direct fire
>Hannibal turret strapped to the top
>machine gunners hanging off the sides with a chance to fall off when it takes damage
>Scourge pilot still inside and having very mixed feelings about the whole experience
>>
File: Superior Thigherpower.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Thigherpower.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
>>
>>53092262

10/10 title
>>
I placed an order for two Saratogas on April 20th. It's May 6th and I still haven't received anything beyond the original order confirmation email. Should I be worried, or is this to be expected considering it's the event-exclusive model?
>>
>>53095879

Shoot them an email.

Hawk has always been good about trying to help their customers.
>>
So I tried to make a hawkforums account last sunday and they've still not sent me my confirmation email. should I wait til tomorrow or email them today?
>>
>>53095879
They've been having issues keeping manufacturing up with demand; send an email just in case, though.
>>
>>53078836
They'll be at Origins this year, it sounds like. I heard they'll have the show minis with them, and there will be a few tournaments/learn to play type events set up.
>>
Dzc, are any of the starter sets particularly good or bad in terms of contents?
>>
>>53099375
the plastic infantry aren't the best, but they've not got terrible value.
>>
>>53099485
Are they like DropFleet starters where you can build lots of options from them? Or are they basically mono-option?
>>
>>53099679
for the most part mono-option, but the PHR has a small amount of options.
>>
>>53099679
Mono-option almost universally; iirc, PHR can replace their Ares with Menchits, but that's it.
>>
>>53099485

Plastic Immortals are horribad- shade son, shade. Plastic Scourge Infantry are decent, almost good even.
>>
>>53101747
I've not been able to compare them to the metal ones yet, I'll take your word for it tho.
>>
>tfw no PHR BC spoilers yet
The wait is killing me.
I need to know if they're vertical or not.
>>
>>53104096
Much agreed. PHR BCs had better be big vertical bananas.

Also, FB group has new leaks for cards.
Scourge gets one that grants Beast.
UCM gets one that gives a group Aegis(4).
A standard card removes spikes.
A card somewhere force-triggers a Distortion Event on a ship of your own.
>>
>>53104486
I can't find the leaks in the DFC facebook group; when was the leak posted?
>>
>>53104486
>Scourge gets one that grants Beast.
Seems pretty good. Beast definitely fits the Scourge playstyle, and a lock 2+ plasma tempest or weapons free oculus ship would be some crazy shit.

Actually the Beast description doesn't specify any lock limit, so RAW battleships could possibly be made crazy good with 1+ lock on their super furnace cannons and CAW.

>UCM gets one that gives a group Aegis(4).
Little bit situational, like most PD things it depends what faction you face. Could be good for softening CAW packs or bomber swarms, but I think the most valuable thing is the ability to give ships in atmos extra protection against corvettes. Being able to upgrade 3 PD to 11 or even 15 is excellent.

>A standard card removes spikes.
Sounds good. Generally useful utility card.

>A card somewhere force-triggers a Distortion Event on a ship of your own.
Seems very situational but potentially devastating. I'm assuming it will go to Scourge, it fits their style in both fluff and crunch.
>>
>>53104979
>so RAW battleships could possibly be made crazy good with 1+ lock on their super furnace cannons and CAW.
Page 32, Dice Roll Modifiers.
"Modifiers can neer make results impossible or a foregone conclusion. If a modifier would make a target number of 7+ or 1+ (impossible to achieve or impossible to fail), this is instead set to a 6+ and 2+, respectively.
>>
>>53105073
Ah, I thought there might be something all-encompassing like that in there but I was too lazy to check. Thanks anon.
>>
>>53104979
There's apparently a bonkers one that just shoves a Rio from the deployment zone into a battlegroup of yours. Free Rio.
>>
>>53106176
>Free Rio
horee shit
>>
>>53106176
iirc you get a choice between a Rio and 3 Toulons.

I've scraped together a few from what's been said in these threads and my own half-arsed research.

Universal:
>Espionage (cancels out an enemy command card)
>Mass Transit System (allows you to move troop tokens between clusters)
>Jam Comms (bars an enemy battlegroup from using special orders for a turn)

UCM:
>One that lets you fire a burnthrough laser twice
>One that summons resistance ground troops to a cluster that may be hostile to both sides
>One that summons a free Rio or three Toulons
>One that gives all mass drivers in a battlegroup +1 attack

Scourge:
>For the Species (allows a ship to ram regardless of health)
>Leviathan of the Void (gives a ship Beast for the rest of the game)
>One that gives maximum attacks for close action
>One that lets you reroll to hit against targets within scan range
>One that shuffles your opponent's strategy deck

PHR:
>Some kind of hacking, apparently

Shaltari:
>Some kind of annoying shit, apparently

Unknown:
>Next Gen Armour Plating (allows a ship to reroll armour saves)
>Silent Killer (gives a ship Stealth)
>Intensify Point Defence (PD from any source activates on 4+ instead of 5+ against one attack)

Am I missing any?
>>
>>53106397
>One that gives maximum attacks for close action
That better be for a single ship, not an entire group.

>use it on 6xDjinn
>48 total CAW attacks
>>
>>53106397
yeah the one that lets UCM have bombers/fighters temporarily enter atmo for a turn
>>
>>53106397
For PHR, I've seen:
>Use a couple fighters as repair drones
>Gives a ship regenerate(3)
>Calibre guns get fusillade(2)
>One that allows broadsides to shoot more
>>
I want to introduce the game to my local player base

Scourge:
>H.R. Giger goa'uld

UCM:
>Halo marines

PHR:
>Cyber dong AI humans

Shaltari:
>Native American Eldar-Protoss

Resistance:
>Mad Max Ork Humans

Beside the Scourge that is aggro every day all the time, and the UCM swissknife snipers I'm at lost regarding the other factions.
Also does anyone else find the Scourge walker thingy super adorable?
>>
i got the ucm deck... one that has bee missed is pretty tough... check ur oponents strategy deck, and rearrange yours you only have one tho, also -4 strategy rating for a battlegroup
>>
File: Prowler uguu.jpg (92KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Prowler uguu.jpg
92KB, 900x600px
>>53110385
Anyone who doesn't has a problem with their ability to recognize cute things.
>>
>>53110385
PHR are definitely big tough hammer swings. Slowly move up, blast anything that moves, blow up anything that isn't capturable.

Shaltari are a bit like eldar in that they're tricky fucks and more durable than you'd think. Sometimes they're just barely pushing enough firepower to kill something, sometimes they have a walker with a cannon that would make any man hang their head in shame and can blow up anything it can point at.

Resistance can be Orky and swarm with trucks, or put out elite infantry riding in buses they can fire out of while being hyper mobile with drills. I don't have as much experience with Resistance sadly.
>>
>>53113870
>PHR are definitely big tough hammer swings. Slowly move up, blast anything that moves, blow up anything that isn't capturable.

The equal and opposite thing the PHR can do is move up *fast*, tanking damage during the dead turn.
>>
>>53114382
So they can do basically anthing, depending on their loadouts?
>>
>>53114607

No, just those two things. they are slow, tough, powerful (and expensive). They also happen to be *just* tough enough that what is normally a really stupid thing (full speed move in the open, bearing on the objective with an on-site drop) is, given context, workable.

>the Poseidon is a bus, big and slow
>but if you can live through just crashing your bus through the wall and hop out and then can live through standing around clearing your head, isn't that the same thing as being fast?
>>
>>53114909
How does cute Scourge work in comparison?

Right now it feels like they are adorable fast glass canons.
>>
>>53114607
Pretty much; you either go full "Chad Cybercock's Moving Castle" or "Jetpacks and Hovertanks"
>>
>>53114958

They can do that and kill things at the same time, because they are actually fast.

>in fact, if the PHR tried that against scourge, they get plamsa'd, little things all heart-eyed over how the nice cyborgs came into range.
>>
File: PHR army list.pdf (25KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
PHR army list.pdf
25KB, 1x1px
How does this list look for a 1500 list that I'll build to about 2500 or more with whatever else comes out with phase 3 and so on.
>>
>>53116443

I feel like you could use some more walkers. Your only real ground power house is the Hades. Once that is gone your ground game kinda goes out the window.

You probably have to many flying walkers. Also those guys might be able to get away without taking a transport.
>>
>>53117096
So would you say I should swap the apollos for some more type 1 walkers, ares most likely?
>>
>>53117180

I think leave the Hera's but drop their transport.

Switch out the Apollo's with a pair of Odin.
>>
If you could add one dropzone unit to any race, what would it be? I'll start:

>1" high deployable walls for UCM
>Breaching drill with hannibal turrets for resistance.
>>
>>53119415
the first one already exists you nunce, destroy any building, instant 1" wall

alternatively that can also be added with more terrain cause yeah
>>
New DFC faction will have nothing but bombardment. They'll be galactic exterminators. They score for cities destroyed and don't contest the ground game at all. You heard it here first folks.
>>
>>53119553
>Not wanting to deploy a wall as a roadblock of your choosing.
>Not laughing as your enemies are taken out by glorious articulated AD VINDICTAM.

Jellyhead detected.
>>
>>53119415
>Shaltari
Some kind of indirect artillery, for sure. Something full of fuckery and the like.

>Jackal Class Warstrider
>A: 9; Mv: 4"; CM: A, P5+; DP: 4; Pts: ???; Type: Vehicle; Category: Heavy; S+C: 1; Special: Walker, Mass-3

>Weapons
>Distortion Displacement Array: E: 12; Sh: 1; Ac: 6+; R(F): N/A; R(C): N/A; MF: 0"; Arc: F(N); Special: Barrage-7, Linked Telemetry*
>Linked Telemetry*: The accuracy of this weapon is reduced by 1 for each allied scout unit that has line of sight to the target

Basically something like the Firedrake's gun, but bigger, and instead generates a bubble of "fuck you" at the target, rather than a cone. Oh, and it needs a lot of Yaris/Samurai to actually hit anything.

>>53119415
But anon, you can already use Bears for that.

>Grizzly class Mobile Battlefield Embankment
>can act as a structure for infantry
>can transform between mobile and immobile forms
>mobile form is just a slightly tougher Bear, but a lot more expensive
>immobile form is some super tough bullshit that deploys into the ground; gets a passive save or the like
>two of them can easily provide cover for a squad of Sabres
>>
I wonder what the Osprey's design will look like. Replacing some of an Albatross' cargo space with weapons Njord-style would probably end up looking weird no matter how you did it. Maybe it will still hold 9 tanks and just switch out the HMGs on the wings with something else?
>>
>>53119682
Interesting, but it could really only work if their bombardment ships are purely bombardment ships; otherwise they'd have massive orbital superiority.

>>53121545
It might be an entirely different sculpt.
>>
>>53121545
I'd picture the same upper fuselage but the big engines get tossed for some smaller sleeker sets, with a single cannon along the center and enough racks for 4 mbts.
>>
File: The UC of M's Finest.png (1MB, 1148x511px) Image search: [Google]
The UC of M's Finest.png
1MB, 1148x511px
>>
>>53122367
>enough racks for 4 mbts
You mean 3? Or do you mean 4 heavy tanks? Because 4 mbts wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>53122367
>>53124837
Yeah, it's probably going to have 6/4 capacity. It'll just be interesting to see whether it has less, equal, or more firepower than the Eagle.
>>
>>53126444
Speaking, of
>Hawk class gunship when
They'll have to do it eventually, there's only so many non-asspull birds of prey out there.
>>
>>53126457
There's also only so many UCM gunships out there. They might never need to make one.

London-class dreadnought is pretty likely though, probably alongside Rome-class since the UCM loves Romans.
>>
how come this shit pice of a joke game is not dead yet ?
>>
>>53127755
Hello Shelteri
>>
File: 1476283404155.jpg (143KB, 738x637px) Image search: [Google]
1476283404155.jpg
143KB, 738x637px
>>53127755
Remove jelly sympathiser. UCM stronk.
>>
>>53126546
>London-class dreadnought is pretty likely though, probably alongside Rome-class since the UCM loves Romans.

It'll be a troopship.
>>
>>53120426
I'm digging the idea of deploying walls by orbital drop. It's so gloriously ridiculous, to imagine a tank column being stopped by a wall falling out of the shit in front of them.
>>
>>53121643
UCM has madrids, which are even worse than SanFran in combat. I could see them like that.
I'm wondering whether it would be necessary to deny them nukes. Maybe not, as long as you can't nuke while enemies contest Low Orbit.
>>
>>53129973
>UCM has madrids, which are even worse than SanFran in combat.
I was about to argue against that, but I realize that the Madrid can't use its side turrets while bombarding.

How good of an idea would it be to just universally link all 4200 turrets on all UCM ships? It'd be almost always useless on proper combat ships, so there's no reason NOT to do it for them, and would help out the sanfran, madrid, and NYork/Tokyo a whole lot.
>>
File: [Bombers Intensify].png (407KB, 798x528px) Image search: [Google]
[Bombers Intensify].png
407KB, 798x528px
>>
>>53101747
>>53101757
Yeah, the plastic infantry are pretty lame. They're fine for general game use - you can't really tell at arm's length once you paint them up - but up close the metal ones are very detailed and the plastic ones look like the little bathroom-sign figures.
>>
What would be the best system to homebrew a DZC TTRPG off of? I'm guessing Only War?
>>
>>53133433
Dark heresy might be good if you're playing a PHR siren or UCM/PHR/resistance Intel gathering group.
>>
>>53133433
I feel like you could have some interesting stuff involving convoys for the UCM in WEG or EotE for Star Wars RPGs, but I'm not a big RPG guy myself.
>>
>>53099485
>>53101747
>>53132481
Senpaitachi, my experience is with DFC, I was more asking because it didn't look like DZC was nearly as modular as DFC, and I didn't think you could build anything you wanted with their starter sets like you could with DF.
>>
>>53135903
DZC is totally different from DFC in terms of army construction, and force composition, but yes the models themselves are not very modular, at best you may have two variants for a hull. However the starter sets contain models that you essentially need to have an army at all, all the options in them are more or less compulsory at all point levels, so you will need at least one set of each of the units in the starter set. Hence they are worth getting and provide decent value.
>>
>>53136806
Thank you, that's the kind of answer I was going for.
>>
File: Marcus Salutus.jpg (55KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Salutus.jpg
55KB, 800x447px
>>
I wonder what the conspiracy nuts in the UCM come up with. There's got to be a few nutters convinced there's still an EAA out there and the UCM are crazy power mad folks who shut down the travel points just to secure power for themselves right?
>>
>>53140550
>The PHR don't exist, they're just ONI spooks playing runway!
>The Scourge are a false flag created by the Shaltari in cooperation with the Aurum elite!
>>
File: 1471379608940.jpg (16KB, 169x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471379608940.jpg
16KB, 169x184px
>>53141242
Ferrum was an inside job, open your eyes sheeple
>>
>>53141351
Plasma blasts can't melt composite armor.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.