[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 71

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the most hilariously chuunibyou/edgelordy character you have it in you to make... and actually play?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52959950
>>
File: 1479848276531.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479848276531.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
>>52967210
Featherine is incredibly edgy and "deep", and playing her is as simple as metagaming like no tomorrow.
>>
>>52967210
>not playing chuuni's/edgelords

Literally my only way.
>>
>>52967210

I want to play a one-eyed albino whose empty socket contains the soul of an evil dragon god.
>>
File: 1489737189848.jpg (1018KB, 1546x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1489737189848.jpg
1018KB, 1546x1250px
What's a good personality for an elf wizard ?
What type of wizard is the best ?
>>
Why is Mephistopheles so sexy holy shit
>>
>>52967347
Because he customizes his appearance I believe. doesn't make him any less hot, though.
>>
>>52967347
Better to seduce mortals into faustian bargains
>>
>>52967347
Reminder that you can't actually lie to Mephistopheles unless you succeed a DC 41 Will save, so if he asks you if you're a slut and enjoying it you automatically say "yes sir" if you don't have an obscenely high Will bonus
>>
>>52967317
can't go wrong with condescending smugness
>>
>>52967216
All in spoilers just in case
-The initial heist is rather iffy, honestly. Heavily advantages a few specific party compositions over others, at a low level where flexibility isn't reliable.
-Remove tolerance of CE, tune the adventure more towards LE, this is Cheliax for hell's sake.
-Make Fex less cartoonishly villainous, make his plans with somewhat more sense. This is the place with the most intrigue-filled court, the nobles that survive should be comparably smart.
-Give a more law-abiding choice for a patron during the court intrigue part of the AP, maybe a Scourge Hellknight that just wants to see the some of the nobility's gross incompetence during wartimes (aka playing their political games) cleaned up.
-The assembly of the atlatl, it doesn't mention that the sacrifices need to be your own. You don't need to kill your own villagers when the players can easily handle capturing a fort of fresh recruits that should be somewhere nearby and scry-able, with easily enough good people there. The archives of lore of an Iomedaean Temple? Sure, Thrune might want to delete the origins of Cheliax, but nothing stops the players from reading the archives and re-transmitting the whole thing. Particularly when becoming Thrune-bound isn't necessary, nor particularly vital. Heck, the players probably don't even need the atlatl if they just decide to take their time.
>>
Yesterday, I had run my first session of a Spheres of Might playtest campaign. The party was an armiger 5, a blacksmith 5, a gunslinger (gunfighter) 5, and a conscript 3/alchemist (mortal chemist, tinkerer) 1/cavalier (blooded knight) 1.

There is very little to speak of in terms of playtest data. The session was supposed to be mostly noncombat leading into a fight that the party would have time to prepare for, but due to me mismanaging the flow of the session and the complicated circumstances of the players, I had to improvise the session to consist of entirely noncombat challenges.

That highlighted some huge problems with the noncombat utility of spheremighters: they have little to none. The class features of the four characters offered nothing in the way of on-the-spot noncombat utility (more understandable for those with Paizo martial class levels in the mix, less so for the armiger 5 and the blacksmith 5). They did not take noncombat talents, because the vast majority of those noncombat talents were trivialities for martial characters like "gain more skill points" or "verbally counter someone using the social skills you have mediocre bonuses in," and because they still deeply strapped for talents with which to complete the "cool combos" of their combat builds.

Contrast this with the likes of the vigilante, which has a built-in progression of noncombat utility talents, so that players do not have to choose between fighting well and being able to contribute out of combat.

Contrast this with the likes of virtually every half-caster in the game, whose noncombat spells are high-impact enough (e.g. detect magic, disguise self, invisibility, suggestion) that people are actually enticed to select such spells alongside more combat-oriented spells.
>>
>>52967443

The three major noncombat challenges during that session were as follows:

1. The party had to make a good impression at a noble ball and gather information. Do you know what helps with such a task? Having a high Charisma, or failing that, a high Intelligence or Wisdom and a Diplomacy swap trait.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of spheremighters have very little use for mental ability modifiers. The armiger and the blacksmith of the party were prime examples of such a thing. The party still got by through sheer luck and a naturally high roll, but it could have gone much worse.

2. A charlatan was conducting fake séances, supposedly calling down the spirits of deceased loved ones who have since become outsiders. The party had absolutely no way of detecting this sort of the one character with the highest Sense Motive literally rolling a natural 20 against the NPC's supercharged Bluff check, and even then, the party had no way to actually bring proof against the charlatan. Basic magical detection abilities would have gone a long way towards detecting the trickery and also giving proof against the NPC; even the Scout sphere is currently lacking basic means to detect magic, and even if it did, that would be a feat-equivalent to match a cantrip.
>>
File: 9dcc7518478e4badc48b88d05c78a057.jpg (917KB, 793x1128px) Image search: [Google]
9dcc7518478e4badc48b88d05c78a057.jpg
917KB, 793x1128px
>>52967463

3. A (crossdressing) kitsune sorcerer boy was going around using Cunning Caster, metamagic, and charm person spells to beguile a copious amount of beautiful ladies. (This was part of a gag wherein it would all turn out to be part of a perfectly innocent activity.) The party was supposed to retrieve a stolen object from this same NPC.

Three-fourths of the party was female. They blew the Perception checks and the Will saving throws and found themselves charmed. This, I thought, was understandable from a mechanical perspective, since it involved poor rolls from the party.

What was frustrating, however, is that exactly zero party members had a means to actually detect such sorcery after the fact. The one non-charmed party member did not have a Sense Motive high enough to discern that something was wrong, and even if he did, he had no way to snap the PCs out of it. He was simply left extremely confused as to why the party had suddenly dropped the plan to confront the NPC.

Essentially, spheremighters need more built-in noncombat utility, and ways to meaningfully interface with the high-magic world that the Pathfinder system effectively dictates its settings to be by default.

As a bonus, here is an overview of how the session went from a less Spheres-of-Might-focused, more overall-GMing-quality-concerned perspective: >>52961537
>>
>>52967443
Combat Classes Are Only Good at Combat - Local Autistic Man is Surprised!
>>
File: b29af659d39c454dcdc981b9ab3680cb.png (888KB, 975x1632px) Image search: [Google]
b29af659d39c454dcdc981b9ab3680cb.png
888KB, 975x1632px
>>52967539

Why *should* they be good only at combat?

Why make the noncombat talents relatively trivial in the face of the high-impact combat talents necessary to assemble a combat build, especially at lower levels?
>>
File: 1472974446196.png (437KB, 650x925px) Image search: [Google]
1472974446196.png
437KB, 650x925px
>>52967608
because ur dumb for player martials
>>
>>52967633
>>
>>52967443
>>52967463
>>52967493

So basically all classes should have their non combat abilities rolled in alongside the combat stuff on separate tracks.

"Gain skill ranks" should never have to compete with "Gain Bane on your weapon"
>>
What is a good race to fill the roll of "ancient, but technologically advanced society all but forgotten"?
>>
>>52967708

Syrinx, they're that already without the "technologically advanced" part.
>>
File: 1483943240262.png (622KB, 790x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483943240262.png
622KB, 790x720px
>>52967708
humans
>>
>>52967708
Kobolds, Mwangi, Catfolk, Nagaji
>>
File: ALL_RIGHT.gif (451KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ALL_RIGHT.gif
451KB, 400x225px
>>52967723
This anon gets it.
>>
>>52967708
Orcs. No, seriously. I really mean it. Give orcs an ancient society that was destroyed when their own scientific and magical advancements led to some catastrophe that destroyed their civilization. Most of them have regressed evolutionary speaking since then.
>>
>>52967708
Kobolds, iirc, are actually an ancient civ, that got fucked over by dragons and everyone else
>>
>>52966373
Why wait for an NPC to do it?
>>
>>52967761

I ducking hate Kobolds.
>>
>>52966351
>>52966416
>>52966711
You're in a race against her players, so you'll have to hurry!
>>
>>52967777

Because, anon, what PC would even be open to such an encounter? More importantly, doesn't Wubu want to control the girl getting the double stuffing?
>>
>>52967784
Well too bad for you pussy, because that's what you got to work with
>>
File: cd19480250fa869f3673fc8753464f90.jpg (387KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cd19480250fa869f3673fc8753464f90.jpg
387KB, 720x1280px
>>52967683

Another option is to make the non-combat abilities high-impact.

Again, consider virtually every half-caster in the game, whose noncombat spells are high-impact enough (e.g. detect magic, disguise self, invisibility, suggestion) that people are actually enticed to select such spells alongside more combat-oriented spells.

What Spheres of Might actually does:

Fencing:
>Master of Misdirection: You gain ranks in Bluff equal to your Hit Dice. Whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when gaining a level), you gain a rank in this skill. If you possess ranks in Bluff already, you may immediately retrain them at no cost.
>Read Foe: You have learned to read the subtle cues of your enemy. You gain ranks in the Sense Motive skill equal to your Hit Dice. Whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when gaining a level), you gain a rank in this skill. If you possess ranks in Sense Motive already, you may immediately retrain them at no cost.
"More skill ranks? Meh."

Boxing:
>While outside of combat, whenever a creature makes a Bluff check against you while speaking, you can make a Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive check opposed by their Bluff check; upon making a successful opposed check, you can force them to either tell the truth (as far as they know) about the subject or take a -5 on Charisma-based skill and ability checks (this includes Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, even if the target uses an alternate ability score to determine their bonuses with these skills) against everyone who listened to them speak for 1 day.
"Very cool! But my class is [armiger/blacksmith/conscript/striker], and my mental ability scores a not that high..."

Equipment, legendary:
>Oversized Weapons: You may wield weapons sized for creatures 1 size larger than yourself with no penalty, may treat two handed weapons of your normal size as one-handed weapons, and may treat one-handed weapons of your normal size as light weapons.
"Now this is what I will take for 3d6 damage two-handers!"
>>
>>52967744
Is the stereotype of orcs as always CE rapist man-eaters or the stereotype of orcs as a deeply spiritual peoples with a tradition of venerating warriors more overplayed?
>>
>>52967881
CE Rapist man-eaters is still overplayed.
>>
>>52967881

The former is more common but the latter grates on people more. It's a situation where the subversion got popular and poisoned the new well, so everyone realizes the old one was pretty sweet after all.
>>
>>52967881
They're both overplayed, it just depends on whether the orcs are referencing Lord of the Rings/Warhammer, or Elder Scrolls/Warcraft.
>>
>>52967902

I wish more people made Lord of the Rings style Orcs; I want my faceless mooks to be gangly factory workers and lockstep soldiers, not hyper-buff tribals.
>>
>>52967844
Maybe Sphere Mighter classes should be changed so they care more about mentals like Path of War classes do.
>>
>>52967210
i made garret

deleted him tho
>>
>>52967896
>>52967901
>>52967902
So if we were going to take orcs in a new direction, what kind of ideas are there that are worth considering? >>52967744 is a little interesting but if that advanced civilization was in the ancient past then modern orcs are still just CE rape-murderers.
>>
>>52967805
I suppose it would take quite the stretch to get your mind wrapped around something as simple as two being more than one, wouldn't it? Who wouldn't want MORE fun?

And I'd be willing to bet that Wubu will be satisfied as long as She gets to watch
>>
>>52967493
>>52967463
>>52967443
So you're telling me classes that aren't magical CAN'T detect magic? PREPOSTEROUS!
>>
>Hupias are drawn to their past lives by a yearning to live again. In trying to return to their previous lives, they seek to fool friends and loved ones with tales of how they were away traveling for a long time or were busy with something else and forgot to tell everyone that they’d be gone. The ruse rarely holds up, and once the loved ones discover the truth, the results are tragic at best. Most hupias are unable to work themselves back into the life they had due to their indistinct memories and lack of understanding that they are actually dead.
>Even though they don’t need to eat, many hupias still ingest the foods they loved when they were living. They seek out their favorites, even wandering into villages in order to procure them. Many hupias from tropical regions, where they are most plentiful, still love the taste of tropical fruits, specifically guava.
>Some groups of hupias form their own communities. These small settlements are typically secluded in deep jungles, well away from where they might be discovered, though they are often within a day’s walk from where many of the hupias resided in life. In these bizarre communities, hupias carry out mundane tasks in perpetuation of the semblance of a settlement, hoping they appear normal to outsiders who might happen by.
;_;
>>
>>52967881
>>52967956
>Orcs aren't dumb savages
>they were once super technological advanced.
>one of their scientists were on the cusp of figuring out apotheiosis and breaking the soul cycle or something
>this pisses of the gods so they basically all band together to wipe out the orcs
>Orcs survive, but barely
>the orcs managed their civilization back together, they still aren't HYPER advanced but still are on top in the tech department.
>they'll do anything to get back on top
>the god's put a collective hit out on every Orc in existence, which is why most of the mortal races hate them. It's literally part of most major religions to kill Orcs on sight, because reasons.
>Orcs are 100% willing to shit on the other races just as hard as they got shat on
Granted you would need to give them new stat blocks.
>>
>>52967312
Who is?
>>
File: theres always next season.jpg (490KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
theres always next season.jpg
490KB, 1920x1200px
>>52967708
Sphinxes. In my setting they purposefully erased knowledge of their own advanced society for the sole purpose of messing with the lesser races as they make outrageous claims on the 'enlightened but mystifying' precursor race that left all those perilous dungeons and ruins lying around, many of which almost seem as though they were made specifically to torture adventurers. This is the same race that combined musical theory and mathematics into their own language for the sole purpose of making it more difficult for people to translate and understand.

It's the ultimate riddle and the surviving sphinxes keep a close watch near their ruins for the day someone solves it. The reward for the genius who guesses it will be nothing. The satisfaction of watching someone's life work and thousands of years of dungeon delving and sacrifices is reward enough for the sphinxes.
>>
>>52968030
Me ofc
>>
>>52968000
It sounds sad, but in the Pathfinder planet, imagine the parties they get when adventurers pass by. There's probably drinking and feasting and listening to stories from the Barbarian and the Bard.

They don't remember why they like these people, but they do, if even for a day.
>>
>>52968000
>Hupia
Where are those from?
>>
>>52967721

The owls know more than you think.
>>
>>52967996
The funniest thing is that even Spheres of Power classes can't detect magic without at least a feat worth of investment and 1 minute standing still, because Meyers is trying to force his own idea of a basic meta onto pathfinder
>>
>>52967996

The Scout sphere can detect scrying with one talent (feat-equivalent), Sense and Resist Scrying.

The Scout sphere can also, with a talent, detect magic...
>Heightened Awareness: Your trained senses allow you to receive a Perception check to notice the presence of traps and ongoing magical effects, such as the alarm or invisibility spells, whenever you pass within 10 ft. of them, whether or not you are actively looking. If the target does not normally have a Perception DC, the DC is equal to the original spell DC as determined by the spell’s caster (DC 10 + spell level + caster’s casting ability modifier), or DC 25 if the effect does not originate from a source that would make it possible to determine a spell DC. This does not give you any information about the exact nature of magical effects detected in this manner, you are merely aware that a magical effect is active and the general area it is active in.

But the manner in which Heightened Awareness is written makes it nearly useless. There are all manner of supernatural abilities (supernatural abilities are magical by RAW), magic items, passive buff spells, etc. that would give false positives, and it certainly is not useful for pinpointing enchantment auras and illusion auras.
>>
>>52968044
Only if adventurers actually pass by though, which is hardly guarenteed
And desu the societies they form seem to be functioning anyway, I guess this is probably the closest we've gotten to a functioning undead "civilization" with more members than shit like Liches commanding a trillion skeletons each? Hell you could probably even trade shit for them, they don't even have anything "evil" in their description, only their descriptor. Will Paizo finally stop the Always Evil classification of Undead soon

>>52968086
>they can use magic
>but they don't know what magic is
Hmmm yeah really makes me think

>>52968074
Beast 6, get it on 7ch
>>
>>52968038
Post a cute waifu for us! Write one up and share her.
>>
>>52968086
And yet even low casters can use Animate Dead to make Burning / Bloody Skeletons and a high caster can have burning skeletons with +4/+4 to STR and DEX for three times their hit die total by level 3
>>
>>52968124
I already did
>>
File: 5f99ffc686da4c6e7f717dda99599786.jpg (411KB, 1000x1370px) Image search: [Google]
5f99ffc686da4c6e7f717dda99599786.jpg
411KB, 1000x1370px
>>52968111

To be clear, Heightened Awareness is the kind of talent that prompts an exchange such as:

"There is some sort of ongoing magical effect on you."
"Tell me something I do not know. Is it my enchanted belt, maybe? The fortifying spells on me? The supernatural abilities augmenting my skills? Something from an external source"
"I cannot do that."
>>
File: ThatDM.jpg (46KB, 212x254px) Image search: [Google]
ThatDM.jpg
46KB, 212x254px
>>52967493
>3. A (crossdressing) kitsune sorcerer boy was going around using Cunning Caster, metamagic, and charm person spells to beguile a copious amount of beautiful ladies.
>>
>>52968142
shhhh broodie go back to bed
>>
>>52968195
>(This was part of a gag wherein it would all turn out to be part of a perfectly innocent activity.)
>>
>>52968203
Suuuure...
>>
>>52968119
Depends on the city. Always a ton of locked up fortresses in folklore, it's easy enough from a player perspective to write off 'this little town' that appeared as just where the plot takes them, unaware for a while about it.
>>
>>52968142
Link her!
>>
File: murderhobo.png (99KB, 158x369px) Image search: [Google]
murderhobo.png
99KB, 158x369px
>>52968203
Oh good. There's no way that can be a fetish, then! It was merely a joke! I'm glad that it was described in detail in a playtest report!
>>
>>52968136
Because spheres is all about specialization to a degree that no magic system allows. If someone goes all in on necromancy(and don't give me that muh necromancy=muh debuffs shit, we all know what people mean when they want a necromancer) Spheres says you should be damn fucking good at necromancy.

And I agree that that's still healthier for the game than constant at will magic detection

The characters in this scenario are spending upwards of 6 feats worth of stuff to be able to to that and can pretty much do nothing else but that.
>>
>>52968000
>>52968044
>>52968074
Basically Paizo took them from the Taíno, natives of the Caribbean, and forgot to include the bit about them being known for seduction and kidnapping. Which ironically means that Paizo just took a bunch of undead and actually made them much less evil than they were to start with, despite their whole thing about them being always evil.
>>
>>52968298
At-will magic detection is hugely narrative defining, yes.

That's why you're so fucked if the setting assumes you'll have it, and you don't.

Settings that will assume you have it include every paizo AP, and every GM's game where they haven't banned every magic system except spheres. Which is a lot of games.
>>
>See Bestriary 6
>Entothropes!
>Archedevils!
>Four Horsemen!
>MFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-abGTw2sSk

Me personally, liked this overpriced piece of shit which shows how deep down Goblin Town Paizo is now
>>
>>52968298
Using Detect Magic that doesn't require a fuckload of wasted time requires you to invest 3 fucking talents. You can get it in 1 talent with drawbacks, but that then means you've gimped the utility of it down massively and have still spent a talent to do a cantrip effect. This is retarded.
>>
>>52968373
>Settings that will assume you have it include every paizo AP, and every GM's game where they haven't banned every magic system except spheres. Which is a lot of games.
In this case you'll probably have a party member who can do that anyway, so what's the issue?
>>
>>52968298
>all in
Nigger I can literally have two skeletons with 19 STR and 18 DEX each following me around at level 1. By level 4 I can have 16 hit die worth of skeletons with +4/+4 lasting for up to 4 hours each (Necrosphere, Greater Reanimate x2, Lingering Necromancy, Expanded Necromancy)
>>
>>52967959

Oho, I'm sure a woman like you would know plenty about stretching, have you no shame on who you take to bed, or how many?
>>
>>52968417
Actually scratch that, at level 5 I can have 20 hit die worth of skeletons or zombies with +4/+4 following me. Forever.
>>
>>52968417
>Nigger I can literally have two skeletons with 19 STR and 18 DEX each following me around at level 1.
Yes, that is still a huge chunk of your level one talents even as an Incanter
>level 4
5/8 Talents you get at that level as an Incanter.

Yes, if you invest over half of your talents into a sphere you're going to be pretty good at it.
>>
>>52968405
FotJR is constantly running into awkward problems where every CHA-based member of the party has detect magic at will but bad spellcraft, and the only person with good spellcraft is a spherecaster so he can't see the auras to make the checks.
>>
>>52968480
Are you telling me that a level 5 with the ability to have 25 HD worth of buffed skeletons following it around as long as she cares to keep the bones dancing is more balanced than Detect Magic
>>
Can somebody please explain the Scitalis in Bestiary 5 to me?

It's natural attacks includes it's frills. These are kinda strong, since they provide two attacks with 2d6+STR each. These are also primary natural attacks.

What kind of attack is this? How do you attack with frills? And what damage type do they cause?
There seems to be no other monster with this attack in any bestiary.
>>
>>52968405
I...
I have no idea how to respond to this.

You think it's okay for spherecasters to be crippled at the most basic CASTER things just because non spherecasters can do it for them?

That's on the same level as 3.5's
>People with levels only in the barbarian class can't read unless they take a feat
>It's okay though, their party members can do it for them
>>
>>52968505
I like how you keep pumping that number up with no proof.

And yes because
A. There are very few situations where you can use all those skeletons at once.
B. You have to HIDE all those skeletons and because if you don't literally every major force in the region is about to shit fucking fury on you and the party.
C. It's not like you'll be killing any 25 HD creatures anytime soon.
>>
>>52968535
They slash at the enemy with them, or slap them. I guess.
>>
>>52968483
Well maybe you shouldn't have partied up with a bunch of sluts then.
>>
Speaking of necromancers, I have to ask, does feats like Augment Summoning affect the raising of undead?
>>
>>52968621
FotJR can't resist such a fox of a man, anon.
>>
File: cooltalechewakka.gif (2MB, 158x158px) Image search: [Google]
cooltalechewakka.gif
2MB, 158x158px
>>52968386
Aren't you happy that they at least did a patrician reference by introducing the Horla?
>>
>>52968639
They do not.
>>
>>52968548
>pumping that number up
An incanter gets what 10 talents at level 5? Greater Reanimate can be taken up to 3 times. You literally still have 4 talents to put whereever you feel like, or spend another one to make the skeletons bloody. When Detect Magic threatens to break the campaign, the DM can literally say "nope this one doesn't ping because reasons".

>HIDE all those skeletons
Skeletons don't need to breathe or anything you could literally command them to bury themselves in some riverbank on the outskirts and have them claw their way out when you're off to adventure.

>any 25 HD creatures
You can't reanimate creatures with more than 20 HD did you even read SoP rules? I can reanimate 6 ogres or 3 hill giants, i.e. 6 CR 3 creatures or 3 CR 5 creatures as a level 5.
>>
File: horla horla.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
horla horla.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>52968651
What happens when a horla forces someone to go out and whore themselves while sleepwalking?

Surely that's a destructive act that sabotages a social life?
>>
>>52968418
It would be shameful if you had such stupidly enormous companions but failed to put them to good use! It's just sensible!
>>
>>52968386
>RLM
Kek yourself.
>>
>>52968698
Wait actually only two hill giants plus some 5 HD thing
Point still stands, a level 5 could have two CR 5s following him around.
>>
File: batraped.gif (936KB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
batraped.gif
936KB, 320x184px
>>52968728
You didn't read the original tale from Maupassant wrote in the late 19th century, did you?
>>
File: NHKSatou.jpg (13KB, 236x294px) Image search: [Google]
NHKSatou.jpg
13KB, 236x294px
>>52968483
>mfw I thought playing a spherecaster would be easy and fun
>>
>>52968698
You said 4 in the original example that you replied to. I'm not going to keep arguing when you keep escalating the number(and hence the power level). You get 8 at 4, 10 at 5.

>HIDE all those skeletons
And absolutely no farmers, fishermen, sorted number of magical creatures that dwell in those places will notice and tell someone? The DM can pull a someone bumps into them just as easily as a "nope doesn't ping".

Last thing is a fair point, I'm not super familiar with the Death Sphere.
>>
>>52968770
It's not your fault!
You're good.
>>
>>52968659
Are there ANY feats that I can take to mod my undead or do I just have to rely on Desecrating the area near my shrine to boost the power of each individual body?
>>
>>52968770
>>52968800
>>52968483
Fuck off
>>
>>52968828
what crawled into your cereal and died this morning, anon
>>
>>52968799
>And absolutely no farmers, fishermen, sorted number of magical creatures that dwell in those places will notice and tell someone?
They're in the riverbed, and you can simply have them not respond to provocation, since an inert skeleton is just, well, a skeleton. Hell, dress them in fishing gear and a net, these guys are long-forgotten drowned folk.

>you said 4
You mean level 4? The point still stands, a level 4 can still have 20 HD worth following him if he spends 6 talents (which is a lot), but either way this is so stupendously broken, imho, 'specialization' doesn't cut it.
>>
File: 1469423025349.png (1MB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1469423025349.png
1MB, 1000x1359px
>>52968195
>3. A (crossdressing) kitsune sorcerer boy was going around using Cunning Caster, metamagic, and charm person spells to beguile a copious amount of beautiful ladies.
Is there anything wrong with this?
>>
>>52968386
Very Cool, Very Cool.
>>
>>52968856
I mean an entire legion of skeletons is going to raise eyebrows and that still requires you and a party of like max 6 other people to buy a minimum of 20 fisherman's outfits which will raise some eyebrows and probably require some disguise checks.
>>
>>52968770
If you wanted to be a faggot and have answers for all problems at your finger tips, go back to playing a wizard, or at least spend a throw-away talent on the base Divinaion sphere.
>>
>>52968913
A level 4 can have a Bloody Hill Giant Skeleton with Fast Healing V if they manage to off one. That's a CR 6 creature as the pet of a level 4.
>>
>>52968817
Charnel Soldiers: Gives them teamwork feats
Undead Master: Animate and Control more undead

Otherwise most of your stuff depends on Prestige classes and spells.
>>
>>52968648

Etan is trash, trash!
>>
>>52968925
You look like you're making an awfully large leap right there, anon
>>
File: 3544232242.jpg (148KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
3544232242.jpg
148KB, 625x469px
>>52968968

Don't be such a sourpuss.
>>
Which spheres don't really require full-casting to be good? Warp? War? Life?
>>
>>52969048
Anything with effects that don't scale/don't use DC's. So Warp, Life, War, Divination, and Alteration.

Basically if you don't intend to use your magic against the enemy, you can get away with being a low caster.
>>
While we're on the subject of Sphere Necromancy, I have a question.

I'm playing a Sphere Necromancer in a home game and we recently raided an elven village.

Is there a sphere version of gentle repose or "make a corpse not rot", my character needs to know for totally legitimate and non-necrophilia related reasons.
>>
Alright, lemme play Devil's Advocate for a bit here.

I know SoM is currently pathetic in regards to magic-related utility as of now, but there are 3 points that needs to be considered

>1
SoM is built with being semi-balanced against SoP, and with its availability in mind
>2
Thanks to the Associated Feat mechanic that many of the SoM spheres have, and how they build off of it, this can potentially relieve a bit of the feat tax problems.
>3
Utility sphere effects, particularly those useful to a martial, often are not too reliant on CL.

With these three things in mind, it seems like that if you want to be able to detect magical abilities, that it may be worth it to easily take a feat in Basic Magic Training to gain that magical detection. Plus with the Associated Feats, you honestly don't need to worry as much about your feats anymore.

In other words, why should we be so upset about this thing now that not only is magic being much more narratively limited than in vancian, but also the seperation between caster and martial is becoming blurred more and more, and caster options and utility are now more easily available to martials than ever before?
>>
>>52969164
Because that's not utility becoming available to martials that is literally, and I do mean that in the literal sense just asking martials to become casters.
>>
>>52969139
Well, for non SoP, there's this item

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/unguent-of-timelessness/

but that won't help much.

You could take Ritual Casting, if your GM allows it, and periodically perform rituals for it. I recommend sacrificing animals to power your rituals
>>
File: Etan.png (147KB, 578x964px) Image search: [Google]
Etan.png
147KB, 578x964px
>>52968968

What the fuck did you just fucking say about my husbando, you little autist? I’ll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Daddy SEALs, and he's been involved in numerous secret raids on /pfg/, and he has over 300 confirmed cummies.

He is trained in headpat warfare and is the top daddy in the entire /pfg/ armed husbandos. You are nothing to him but just another target. He will hug you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Board, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit about my husbando over the Internet? Think again, poster. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the 4chans and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, autist. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your virginity. You’re fucking headpatted, kid. He can be anywhere, anytime, and can hug you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his bare hands.

Not only is he extensively trained in unclothed hugs, but he has access to the entire arsenal of the Pathfinder General, and he will use it to its full extent to smooch your adorable face off the face of the continent, you little sweetheart. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn cutie. He will marry you and kiss all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re already hugged, kiddo.
>>
File: a1672594a9088d57cfa9bd8554fcc722.jpg (160KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
a1672594a9088d57cfa9bd8554fcc722.jpg
160KB, 1200x720px
>>52969164

>SoM is built with being semi-balanced against SoP, and with its availability in mind
Spheres of Might is also being balanced with regular Vancian casting in mind. The bloodrager (stormlord) and the magus (runic knight) are both required to use Vancian spellcasting. Of course, the runic knight also sacrifices cantrips, because why should a spheremighter have cheap access to detect magic?

>Thanks to the Associated Feat mechanic that many of the SoM spheres have, and how they build off of it, this can potentially relieve a bit of the feat tax problems.
It does not help all that much, particularly since there are no equivalents to Combat Reflexes/Muscular Reflexes, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Point-Blank Shot, and Precise Shot.

>Utility sphere effects, particularly those useful to a martial, often are not too reliant on CL.
Basic Magical Training in Divination still makes it terribly inconvenient to actually detect magic, unless you want to spend a minute each time standing around to discern magical auras... with your presumably low Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft.
>>
>>52969256
You used energy for this.

Dinosaurs died and were pressed into fossil fuels which were then burned, increasing the entropy of the universe, to generate electricity to make this post.
>>
>>52969256
who let the memedog out
>>
Bestairy six out?
>>
>>52969216
Is it bad for the line between martial and caster to go away? Plus can you really be considered a caster when its only one effect that doesn't scale that is bought via a feat? If anything, its more like a spell-like effect if you wanted to compare it to a vancian analogue.

Why can't we just abolish the divide between martial and caster? Surely, if everyone had the capacity to be at least a little bit of a caster, then this dichotomy would become meaningless.

Especially considering that Basic Magic Training is made explicitly for noncasters, and has no prerequisites and can be used by just about anyone and everyone.
>>
File: Bakem Stare.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bakem Stare.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>>52969256
Why the fuck would you write this
>>
>>52969297
Because not everyone wants to be a caster or inherently magical. You may disagree with that desire but it is there in a non insignificant amount of the player base.
>>
>>52968733
I doubt they would think being used to satiate your young woman's lustful urges is sensible, no matter how ridiculously huge they are!
>>
>>52967463

The interesting here is that the charlatan was a 3rd-level unchained rogue (false medium, true professional). They possessed a remarkable noncombat utility power that no 3rd-level spheremighter could ever dream of having:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo-rogue-archetypes/false-medium-rogue-archetype/
>Haunting Presences (Ex)
>At 3rd level, the false medium exploits his natural talent for deception to convince others of the presence of false supernatural entities. As long as the false medium is in conditions of dim light or darkness, he can use Bluff skill checks to emulate the effects of dancing lights, ghost sound, silent image, or ventriloquism by throwing his voice, subtly misdirecting or convincing subjects, or manipulating light and shadows. The range of these effects is 10 feet from the false medium, plus an additional 5 feet for every 3 rogue levels he possesses beyond 3rd. The effects last for 1 round, though they can be maintained with additional checks.

>Only one of these effects can be created or maintained in a given round. Observers can attempt either a Perception or Sense Motive check (whichever of their bonuses is higher) to oppose this Bluff check; the GM should roll these checks secretly. This is an extraordinary ability and not an illusion, so if the false medium succeeds at the opposed check, even powerful effects like true seeing don’t detect the fakery.

>This ability replaces trap sense.

This is an extremely potent noncombat utility that can be used at-will, and in many places too, given a palelight torch for dim light on demand.

This is the kind of extraordinary ability for noncombat utility that spheremighters should have access to as early as 3rd-level, possibly as a legendary talent.
>>
>>52969306
You knew it was going to happen, anon. It was only a matter of time
>>
>>52969279
hey, don't forget hydroelectric plants exist.
>>
>>52969418
Yes but in order to get the materials to MAKE the hydroelectric plants, some fossil fuels had to have been used.
>>
>>52969297
>Is it bad for the line between martial and caster to go away?
you can fuck off and play 4e you obnoxious apologist
>>
File: uncle jackie chan adventures.png (312KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
uncle jackie chan adventures.png
312KB, 512x512px
>>52969312
Then they need to understand that not wanting to touch magic with a 10ft pole will have some consequences. While yes, Martials should have better all around utility and combat options, if you decide you want nothing to do with magic then you shouldn't be surprised when you are suddenly useless when it comes to magic. That's like wanting to be able to climb up a mountain, but not investing any skill points, money for equipment, or even magical abilities into being able to do so. Or like a sphere caster wanting to have a hoard of skelebros, but refusing to invest into either Death, Enhancement, or Conjuration spheres.

Now, I'm not saying martials shouldn't have some proper antimagic options, which is something that SoM should include properly, however you guys are acting like you want to have your cake and eat it, and ignore any attempt of party portfolio diversification and actually covering your bases in terms of utility. You can't just have your cake and eat it, y'know.

I mean, magic is, afterall, a magical source. And if you want to be perfectly mundane and be able to detect it, then you may be asking for the impossible since even a non-caster based way to detect it would be Supernatural in nature at the least
>>
>>52969456

That energy is also being used to power autoblows.
>>
File: snapshot20090927124144.jpg (139KB, 830x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20090927124144.jpg
139KB, 830x480px
>>52967210
>First Player looking for partner in Ark Abyssia posted in the LFG thread.
>It's an edgelord

God dammit, and I had high hopes
>>
>>52969271
Assuming you haven't entirely removed Vancian magic from your campaign, there are still ways to get detect magic - for instance, Lantern of Auras. Or if you want to be a bit more expensive, Permanency Detect Magic.
>>
File: words that kill.gif (970KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
words that kill.gif
970KB, 500x375px
>>52969465
>Implying 4e is as bad a Pathflounder
>implying the only reason it was reviled was because of the shit twinkie skill challenges and its retarded simplification of the Alignment system
3.pf was a mistake, why must its memes continue to poison the minds of so many?
>>
>>52969471
Oh, I agree with you on that count. Out and out magic detection is probably too much.

Stuff like this though:>>52969352
We need more of. The issue is there really isn't a way to fit this into Spheres of Might without it feeling hamfisted because it really has nothing to do with combat a all.
>>
>>52969499
Or maybe just a Ring of Spell Storing or something. Heck, I'm fairly certain there are a glut of magic items that can give read/detect magic abilities
>>
File: REDSUN.jpg (33KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
REDSUN.jpg
33KB, 600x639px
>>52969498
Edge can be fun.
>>
>>52969503
>>implying the only reason it was reviled was because of the shit twinkie skill challenges and its retarded simplification of the Alignment system
No I have other reasons for reviling it. If anything 4e has the best alignment system that isn't just taking it out back and shooting it like it deserves.
>>
>>52969471
>>52969510

Once again, spheremighters can, in fact, detect magic with the Scout sphere... in a way.

It is simply fraught with many problems and false positives, as laid out in >>52968111 and >>52968194.

>>52969499
>>52969519

A lantern of auras costs 2,000 gp. That is a somewhat steep price for 5th-level characters.

Never mind that the characters still need to hit those Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft skill checks, if they even have those as class skills.
>>
>>52969524
Playing intentionally an edgelord to a campaigns that is stated to be nonsensical and comedic is anti-fun, though.
>>
>>52969613

>Not wanting to be the party's Grumpy Gus
>>
File: 1478701359729.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478701359729.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>52969503
The alignment system simply shouldn't exist.
>>
>>52969613
>MGR:R isn't nonsensical and comedic
???
>>
File: PZO9068.png (584KB, 553x792px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9068.png
584KB, 553x792px
>>52969637

But anon, if we got rid of the alignment system, how would we know if our waifu was Best Alignment?
>>
>>52969498
>Not actually interested in playing a game
>Want to make a duo app for fun
But where do I find another insincere memester?
>>
>>52969647
Not intentionally.
>>
File: 1491235717783.jpg (968KB, 1084x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1491235717783.jpg
968KB, 1084x1027px
>>52969494
Is this worst timeline
>>
>>52969666
Depends.

Are you willing to play a Dretch?
>>
>>52969456
You don't actually need to say that.

>>52969418
Hydroelectric plants work by making water flow downhill, raising entropy. As it turns out, it doesn't generate a greater energy gradient than it eliminates.
>>
>>52969667

Really? I thought it was the developers going "okay, we've kind of let this series get out of hand, let's just see what happens when we really get nuts".
>>
>>52969323
I'm quite confident they're capable of enjoying it for what it is. Even a simpleton wants to be needed! Besides, it's not as if they get nothing out of it.
>>
>>52969510

>The issue is there really isn't a way to fit this into Spheres of Might without it feeling hamfisted because it really has nothing to do with combat a all.

If they can print the Scout sphere and talents like Boxing's Verbal Counter, then I fail to see why they cannot print high-impact noncombat utility talents.
>>
>>52969680
This makes me very curious.
>>
>>52967210
Hey /pfg/,

I'm trying to plan a Sonic the Hedgehog game fore some friends. Can you help me plan it? What races shoyld be playable? What classes are best adapted to the setting? Who should my BBEG be?

Should I include Sonic or Shadow or Knuckles at all?
>>
>>52969714
I suppose your assumptions will require a trial by fire, seeing how the men react to her advances and adjusting your assumptions accordingly!

That won't be until Wednesday, however.
>>
>>52969613
What if you're playing an edgelord ironically, as a joke? Like a chuunibyou. What class can achieve maximum chuuni anyway?

>>52969667
>>52969712
I always figured that was what it was too. With a name like Revengeance, how could you not?

>>52967790
Your canary is reporting back that it's safe. She was very nice when I asked about it and seemed happy to do RP or ERP. We haven't done anything lewd yet there are plans for that later but it's still fun. Apparently Wubu thinks the shameless slut meme is funny and has a few more kinks than just getting sandwiched. It's nice to feel compatible with someone.
>>
>>52969825
Alright that's enough /pfg/ today, I'm out guys, see you Monday.
>>
File: 1409703622283.png (64KB, 1152x514px) Image search: [Google]
1409703622283.png
64KB, 1152x514px
>>52969836
>>
>>52969825
>what races
I'd advise just refluffing the existing races to animals, maybe tinkering with some a little bit like giving echidnas a natural claw attacks. Create a "Gottagofast" template to put on the PCs and anybody else who needs to go fast.

>what classes
No idea. Unchained Monk?
>>
>>52969880

See you later, anon. Just remember the words of Dr. Robotnik:

https://youtu.be/O_zz18hx4IU
>>
File: mfw lawbreakers.jpg (67KB, 480x584px) Image search: [Google]
mfw lawbreakers.jpg
67KB, 480x584px
>>52969510
>>52968111
>>52969606

Perhaps a feat, or a new Talent? Something along the lines of this?

>Magehunter's Vision
>Prereqs: able to dedicate martial focus, Knowledge (Arcana) 3 ranks, Heighten Awareness Scout Talent
While using the Hieghten Awareness talent, you may spend a standard action to further focus your senses on the various magical auras. Doing so tells you the number of magical auras within your range, and which one is the strongest
You may chose to spend another standard action concentrating on ths ability the next round. Doing so tells you the strength and location of each aura. If you are currently dedicated to the Scout Sphere while doing so, you may make a Knowledge (Arcana) check to identify the kind of magical effect it is as if using the spell Detect Magic, even if you are not trained in that skill. If you expend your martial focus while trying to identify a magical effect, you gain a bonus to the knowledge check equal to your practitioner modifier, plus the number of Scout sphere talents you possess

Something like this better
>>
>>52969836

>Has a few more kinks than just getting sandwiched

Well you better tell us!
>>
>>52969902
>your
>not you're

REEEEEE
>>
File: Draco_Brightspark_raw.png (333KB, 619x556px) Image search: [Google]
Draco_Brightspark_raw.png
333KB, 619x556px
Okay so I've cut my AP choices down to a handful. Any suggestions you guys have about them?

Carrion Crown
Hell's Vengeance
Iron Gods
Strange Aeons
Wrath of the Righteous
>>
>>52969825
Fuck off Chris-chan. Pathfinder is completely not the system to play a sahnic based game at all. Go play, i dunno, Ironclaw or something else instead.
>>
File: kys.png (311KB, 357x1150px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
311KB, 357x1150px
>>52969825
Unironically end your life.
>>
>>52969930
>your senses
>your range
>your martial focus
>your practitioner modifer
I'm confused anon, did you perhaps misquote?
>>
>>52969932
Iron Gods or Strange Aeons are the best picks there, the others aren't great.
>>
So, in a core only context, if you wanted to rewrite the fighter, is there anything about it that you'd KEEP? Like, bravery is complete garbage, weapon training comes to late and is pretty garbage, armor training should just be a feat, aaaand that's it, we've hit the end of the list.

I know this has been done to death, but I want to take a swing at it. I think the only thing you leave is the bonus feats, and replace everything else with stuff that's... useful.
>>
>>52969969
>Unironically
Wait, how many layers of irony would someone need to be on to be able to ironically end their life?
>>
>>52970005
Don't listen to this guy, Strange Aeons is pure ass.
>>
>>52970005

What do you like about Iron Gods and Strange Aeons?
>>
>>52970026
One less that that.
>>
>>52970034

What is a bad about it?
>>
>>52970011
>So, in a core only context,
Well there's your problem. Once you grab the WMH and AMH stuff, then your Training options suddenly become a lot more useful
>>
>>52969905
She asked me not to shit up the thread with off-topic stuff too much, but the kinks that came up in common between us were big insertions and exhibitionism. Go PM her yourself if you want to see more, if I can do it so can you!

>>52969932
Are you planning to run for /pfg/ or for someone else? It kind of matters.

If it were me, I'd pick either Hell's Vengeance, Iron Gods, or Strange Aeons. Mythic is a trainwreck and the WotR's story is kind of bleh. Never played Carrion Crown but it doesn't seem interesting either. Horror doesn't usually mix well with Pathfinder but I'd be willing to give Strange Aeons a shot so I can't count it against Carrion Crown either.
>>
>>52970011
>bothering to stick to core-only fighter like some kind of limbless retard
>"Weapon Training comes too late and is pretty garbage"

Advanced Weapon/Weapon Training are the shit, you're high as fuck if you think they should get dumped. If anything, you should get Weapon Training at level 1, with the option to get a second weapon group at full progression at 5th, and at 9th+ you just get AWT's. Combat Stamina should also be a thing that gets utilized more. Bravery should just be merged with Armed Bravery (IE: It's all Will saves now). There's more but I can't be assed to think of it all.
>>
>>52969831
We're powerful overminds here anyway! She'll no doubt be VERY frustrated with at least one of them in person, because he's so transparently an idealistic oaf! The other is more devious, because he's superficially an appealing braggart and thug of a man, but underneath all that he's an idealistic oaf too!
>>
>>52970069

I am running for my ttrpg group of friends of 8 years. No one from /pfg/. As far as I know i'm the only one who comes here, and I mostly lurk when not asking mechanical questions.
>>
>>52970011
The fighter is inherently dragged down by pathfinder itself and its awful feat expectations.

Compare Fantasy Craft, where the Conscript class is their version of the Fighter: barely any class features at all except for a bucketload of feats. It's the best combat class in the game because every FC feat is actually worth the ink it's printed in.
>>
>>52969992
No, it's your "your" in the picture.

>>52970011
Advanced armor and weapon training are serious bonuses for the fighter that ma-

>core only

Oh, yeah, nothing worth keeping. Move along. Fuck, you're even ruling out a lot of useful archetypes and feats too. Why would you play a core only fighter?
>>
>>52970069
Is she really okay with you sharing this to the thread though
>>
Anyone got a link to the discord?
>>
>>52970138
https://discord.gg/4zzQn

the cabal welcomes you
>>
Why do we have wubufags? I thouht there was at least one other female /pfg/ DM, so I figure there's gotta be more to this than that.
>>
>>52970047
It's a design exercise.

>>52970070
I meant to say it's garbage because it comes so late. If it was level 1, it'd be awesome. It makes all your weapons +1.

>>52970097
Yeah, that was my observation as well. A lot of the good feats end up taking a chain of 3 or 4 feats and you can't get the good shit until level 8+, and by then the other classes are so far past you. The best way to fix the fighter would probably just to blanket increase the power level of all feats. And if you want to go for combat maneuvers, it seems like you have to commit to a single one, if you want to be efficient. But if I wasn't allowed to change feats, I was trying to think of other ways to give them utility. Maybe a fighter version of rogue talents that amount to super combat maneuvers.
>>
>>52970181
>. Maybe a fighter version of rogue talents that amount to super combat maneuvers.
Didn't DHB do this with his Fighter remake?
>>
>>52970110
It's mostly a design exercise to keep me thinking. I don't have a group right now. I just remember when PF first came out, it's advantage over 3.5 (or a lot of folks said, at least) was that it had a good one book setup. And I'd love the idea of it actually being good to play with one book again. Though a lot of that'd be folding in APG content because I have a soft spot for alchemist and inquisitor mostly
>>
File: 1493320099278.png (198KB, 512x425px) Image search: [Google]
1493320099278.png
198KB, 512x425px
>Play as a tengu swashbuckler. the most powerful pirate captain nobody has heard of
>Save a golden dragon (female) from possession and other nasty demon things
>Save the world from a succubus queen
>Ask the dragon if she wants to join the pirate crew
>Ends up developing a crush on my character
>Pirate crew now has a tsundere golden dragon part of it
>The crew already had an alufiend and a snek azata

So how has your side track modules gone?
>>
>>52970225
>Pathfinder
>"a good one book setup"

No. That is the opposite of true, and whoever said that was actively bullshitting you.
>>
>>52970177
RgPl?
>>
>>52970181
The easiest way I'd do it is give them 'Fighter Packages', like some of the vigilante talents

Instead of Bonus Feats every other level, they take a package of feats that gives you a handful of them, and maybe scaling as you level.

>Defender package: At level 1, get STR combat reflexes, then get Cut from the Air at level 5, and Smash from the Air at level 9
>Equipment maneuver package: Get improved disarm/sunder/steal immediately, then at levels 3/5/7 get the greater version of one of them for free

Etc
>>
>>52970215
Dungeoneering Handbook...? What's DHB, haven't seen that one.
>>
>>52970177
Do we have another female DM? I can't think of one, unless it's someone I didn't know was a lady.

I think the reason is just that calling her a shameless slut turned into a meme and then other people started white knighting and calling her pure. I don't remember it being like this at all for most of the time leading up to Blingmaker, so it's just a recent developmetn.

>>52970225
I don't think that really makes sense, but whatever floats your boat. I never even used a book for PF stuff, just the PFSRD where all the stuff from all the books is collected nicely.
>>
>>52970254
Maybe today, friend, but the words were spoken in 2010, before the game had other books and before people'd figured out a lot of the optimization.
>>
>>52970266
RgPl didn't have the chase: we knew she was lewd upfront when she ran WotRaunchy.

Wubu has mystique and temptation when Blingmaker wasn't directly advertised as a lewd game but then you see hints of her lewdness appear periodically.
>>
>>52970305
The CRB was just as shit back then as it was now
>>
>>52970286
Depressed Homebrewer. A namefag her of dubious popularity. He good at making homebrew designs and build concepts, but damn if he aint the thickest autist you'll ever meet. Kind of endearing in an annoying "dog just ate your slippers" kind of way
>>
>>52970322
less autistic than 2hu tho
>>
>>52970279
So like choosing domains for a cleric, sort of. There are a lot of solutions. I feel like paizo just had no clue how strong giving a character 20 feats was, so they low-balled him.
>>
>>52970322
He doesnt seem that autistic. Just well-researched and detail-oriented.
>>
So who is your favorite male overlewd app?
>>
>>52970356
he's definately got a touch of the tism
>>
>>52970403
Of course he fucking does. He plays Pathfinder, browses 4chan, and is on /pfg/.
>>
>>52970403
I'd be shocked if anyone here didn't.
>>
File: nosebleed.png (261KB, 443x696px) Image search: [Google]
nosebleed.png
261KB, 443x696px
>>52970317
This is why things like ZR are just better than nudity. True eroticism lies not in showing, but in knowing that there is only a small barrier between you and the land of the gods!`
>>
>>52970113
I think so. She said she'd rather be PMed than have people going on about it in the threads so I figured telling the threads that she likes PMs would be good.

So I guess just stop wubu-waifu posting the thread and send her a message if you want, she'd rather you do that so it stays out of the threads.

>>52970317
I only got interested when her DP fetish got leaked but that's too blatant to count as a "hint" of lewdness.
>>
>>52970448
RIP Wubu's PM inbox
>>
I told myself a long time ago that the end times would come when we waifu'd players and not their characters. It is here, tell your loved ones good bye and prepare for the schism.
>>
>>52970497
I agree, waifuing players is dumb
>>
>>52970177
Broodie is a possibility, has only ever made female characters.
>>
>>52970497
Were do we go? Who are we going to talk to about 3pp supplements now? What's going to happen to us?

I'm scared.
>>
>>52970069
How do you even just talk about kinks if you're not already in a game together where it's relevant? That's my biggest weakness; bringing it up for the first time.
>>
What are your favorite entries in Bestiary 6?
>>
>>52970444

This man speaks wisdom, I would rather read of lewd bathing in a stream or the arousing outline of the voluptuous witch as she strips down for the night in her tent.
>>
>>52970575
Wasp-tits is pretty neato
>>
>>52970474
It's a noble sacrifice to keep the thirsties out of the thread.

RIP Wubu, thanks for getting filled by your weirdo fanatics so the thread doesn't have to.

>>52970555
Uh. Um. Let's... homebrew something. Let's homebrew a new hybrid class. What classes should we mash together? I tried to make a Druid-Monk hybrid before and it was a disaster.
>>
>>52970177
I want to snuggle cute DMs of either sex!
>>
File: tumblr_n2tgbwivZU1s6nz30o1_500.jpg (78KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2tgbwivZU1s6nz30o1_500.jpg
78KB, 500x503px
>>52970240

A long, soul-crushing, highly-lethal slog.

But hey, a few of us didn't die, so that's nice.
>>
>>52970438
My ex used to tell me I was, but I'm pretty sure she was just being a salty bitch!
>>
File: 1480981346031.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480981346031.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>52970580
Exactly, my boy! What we truly desire does not come from the act, but from the pursuit of it! Panty-shots provide that small window, letting the imagination run wild, while simultaneously preserving the maiden's chastity! We certainly live in enlightened times.
>>
>>52970688
Ya'll are faggots.
>>
>>52970618
>Unironically mix together Magus/Fighter to make a 4th-casting, full BAB Magus which does not in fact suck massive dick. With an actually good version of Kensai as an archetype.
>Inquisitor/Oracle because fuck you I still want it
>>
>>52970240
We got randomly portal'd into the First World and are clearing up a fey god's domain from some taint in exchange for getting sent home. Also the Brawler traded his shadow for cheap magic items. This will probably bite him in the ass later.

>>52970559
Sometimes you can get a hint of what somebody is into from talking to them, use that as a foot in the door. Or if that's too awkward, just tell them you like their character and want to do some RP, see where things go from there. I don't think anybody has ever been shamed in the thread for sending a PM and getting rejected, so apparently people have enough courtesy to not publicly humiliate you if they reject your advances. Or most people are thirsty enough nobody gets rejected.

>>52970575
They statted one of the qlippoth lords that I'm coincidentally using as a BBEG for my campaign, so that's really cool.
>>
File: gatitogif.gif (2MB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
gatitogif.gif
2MB, 350x200px
>>52970707

Yyyep.
>>
I dunno about y'all but I want a Paladin of Nature that isn't just some kind of Druid.
>>
>>52970580
>the arousing outline of the voluptuous witch as she strips down for the night in her tent.
>As the witch turns around in her tent, you catch sight of her fully erect member's silhouette as it sways in the candlelight.
>>
>>52970707
y'all're*
>>
>>52970618
Gib Barbarian-Monk please.

>>52970711
>Fighter-Magus
They already made a fighter archetype that gets half casting. I don't remember what it gives up, but maybe just slap Spellstrike and Spell Combat on it, maybe back in the Kensai features by forcing it to focus on a single weapon and get INT to init? Keep the Fighter's chassis though.

>Inquisitor-Oracle
I'm stumped. What even is this?
>>
>>52970746
Warpriest of Gozreh or something
>>
>>52970240

In addition to the (admittedly very short) playtest report in >>52967443, I would like to tell of how the session fared from an overall GMing perspective here: >>52959950

The party's three female PCs, all normally full-plated warriors, were attending a fancy ball in poofy gowns! They were surreptitiously charmed by a kitsune sorcerer boy in a dress. They and 13+ other charmed ladies were led to a private room full of suggestive paraphernalia, and were ordered to change out of their crinolined dresses and into sultry clothing, in preparation for a "performance." The kitsune's overwhelming Charisma pushed the order through. The session ended on such a cliffhanger!

... But that was not quite how the session truly panned out. The three posts in the cross-thread quote should explain more.
>>
>>52970765
y'all're'd'st've*
>>
>>52970765
>>52970781

Don't you southern-splain to me faggot
>>
>>52970746

So, a Paladin of Erastil?
>>
>>52970746
Does it need to keep Wild Shape and/or an animal buddy?
>>
>>52970766
>A fighter archetype that gets half-casting
I said "that doesn't suck dick", anon. Giving up Weapon Training is also a massive strike against it.

>Inquisitor-Oracle
Ravener Hunter, except not a retarded afterthought and actually meant to work properly
>>
>>52970786
Y'all're'd'st've'st'd've'n't
>>
>>52970758

YAMERO
>>
>>52970713
>Sometimes you can get a hint of what somebody is into from talking to them, use that as a foot in the door. Or if that's too awkward, just tell them you like their character and want to do some RP, see where things go from there. I don't think anybody has ever been shamed in the thread for sending a PM and getting rejected, so apparently people have enough courtesy to not publicly humiliate you if they reject your advances. Or most people are thirsty enough nobody gets rejected.

Thanks for the advice! I want a notch in my PM bedpost for each meme personality, but I need to practice before I'm proficient enough to seduce the Rorys, Kyras, and Sehts of the world!
>>
>>52970766
Play a Brawler with VMC Barbarian
>>
>>52970803
Animal Buddy most definitely, Wild Shape is a maybe, there has to be some kind of nature-themed Smite that one can do. Call it Nature's Wrath or something and make it do extra damage to those wearing metal armor or have qualities that make them enemies of nature as Pathfinder understands it.
>>
>>52970746
Paladin of Erastil, or Nature Priest Druid of Erastil with some kind of dip
>>
>>52970840

Which meme personalities do you already have?
>>
>>52970618
I'd actually like to see a working vigilante-monk hybrid, that sounds kinda cool.

Also Druid-Monk sounds neat, even if that didn't work out it's a good concept.
>>
>>52970618

Paladin x Cavalier
>>
>>52970871
None! Obviously antiquated memes may be harder to find, but as long as I can start harvesting their seed soon, I should be able to get most of them before they retire in disgrace. I already have an in with a few, thankfully.
>>
>>52970840
Please, Rory is so thirsty you could get him with an easy PM
>>
>>52970929
Save logs until you decide to retire from /pfg/ so you can go out with a bang.
>>
>>52970949
Do it, bitch
>>
>>52970840
>One dedicated anon's quest to build a harem of every meme

>They have to hit the gym to be a strong enough musclegirl to attract Sleep
>Then they have to quickly put on weight to get Eagle
>They have to read up on mythological dads to meet Slow's standards and Sylphs to tempt QANON
>Final bosses: DHB and 2hu
>>
>>52970961
>implying it's hard to get 2hu
Literally just try the touhou waifus in order.
>>
>>52970840
And Wubu is nothing but a step on the training ladder to get there? How cruel! But I don'y think there's a very high standard for seducing Rory.

>>52970853
>enemies of nature
Usually that includes golems, aberrations, undead, and sometimes outsiders. Combined with people wearing or wielding metal, you've probably got a pretty wide range of smitable foes.

Also I don't think you'd get Wild Shape from something Paizo makes, IIRC they won't give something wild shape without also giving it Summon Nature's Ally.

>>52970889
Vig-Monk seems like it should just be a vig archetype that makes you a good martial artist, honestly. Unless you want all the ki stuff too?

>>52970906
Why Paladin-Cavalier? They're already so similar, the Cavalier is basically a paladin dedicated to an order other than Lawful Goodness. They even have a code of conduct and everything.
>>
>>52970929
Ooh! A connoisseur of celebrity, are you? Some of the meme trees might be more gnarled than others, but they should give you their sap all the same. Who are some of the memes you are most intimidated to approach, or most excited?
>>
>>52970993
DHB intimidates me a whole bunch, to be honest.

>>52970989
A meme is a meme, and Wubu is a meme like any other.

>>52970961
What's the best theme for this training montage, /pfg/?
>>
>>52970989
Is that much wider of a range than "anyone with a certain alignment"?
>>
File: Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg (42KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg
42KB, 640x448px
>>52970989
>Also I don't think you'd get Wild Shape from something Paizo makes, IIRC they won't give something wild shape without also giving it Summon Nature's Ally.
>I just want a pure Wildshape archetype, without an animal companion or summon shit tacked onto it
>I can't FUCKING HAVE IT
>The Shifter will probably be a total disappointment when it comes out at the end of the year
>>
>>52970979
I think you mean crossdressing shota kitsune traps.
>>
>>52970989
I mean Wu Bu is literally free taking, just PM and you're done.
>>
File: 1481031582751.jpg (98KB, 686x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1481031582751.jpg
98KB, 686x1032px
Why is wubu a slut now?
>>
>>52971021
You never know, DHB might be surprisingly easy. He takes criticism on his homebrew more seriously than it deserves so you might get away by pestering him enough.
>>
>>52971022
Depends on the campaign. It can be.

>>52971024
I know, same here. What's the Shifter, though? Is it 3PP?

>>52971050
Memes that apparently had a grain of truth.
>>
Can we not turn into complete faggots at the first sight of a female

Holy shit.
>>
>>52971080
There's never been anyone here but complete faggots.
>>
>>52970889
>>52970989
I was actually thinking less Vigilante-that-is-part-monk, and more monk-that-is-part-vigilante. I like ki stuff, and I'm not a fan of how the Vigilante's social talents encourage them to be well-known socialites.

Ooh, or actually, scratch that, I'd like to see Samurai/Cavalier-Vigilante. The contrast between being bound to a strict code of honor and secretly donning a mask and working outside that code is really cool.
>>
Is there a spell I can use to permanently turn my skin gold?
>>
>>52971080
Yeah, Wubu's a person like anyone else. People have interests and thoughts and feelings, and sometimes those things are different from yours, and that's okay. The world is a brighter, more interesting place because of people like you and Wubu.
>>
>>52971080
>hear about a girl
>want to fuck this girl
>start making primitive mating displays
How is this indicative of homosexuality
>>
>>52971061
True, but Oath Against Chaos is similarly OP in a campaign like Strange Aeons, so it's not always going to be super-effective.
>>
Is Wubu asian
>>
>>52971135
>Autism incarnate
>>
>>52971135
Primitive, now there's a nice word.
>>
>>52971109
Ah yes like double-batman. The yakuza steals the villager's rice but when you go investigate you find the yakuza to actually be headed up by your lord.

So you tie him up but cant kill him until you leave the room to put on your mask.
>>
>>52971135
How is it not
>>
>>52971110
Why?
>>
>>52971080
Yeah, we waited until the second sight of a female. RgPl was first, Wubu was second. Seriously though we should move on to a new topic. What would it take to optimize a Kineticist?

>>52971109
Okay, the Cavalier-Vig could be cool, but that's such a narrow flavor niche I'm not sure it's worth making.

>>52971110
I don't think so. Definitely not permanently. THere might be a spell like Stoneskin or Ironbody that your could fluff as doing it temporarily.
>>
>>52971110
As in into actual gold or just superficially gold?
>>
>>52971183
>playing a kineticist

no
>>
>>52971158
>>52971164
>>52971160
I mean
>males notice female in their presence
>immediately start acting up and basically waving their digital cocks around and PMing her aka digitally leaning on her and poking her with your digital cock
It's stupid and autistic but it's not really faggotry.

>>52971183
There's other women in the thread, they just don't call attention to it.
>>
Second round of interest check for that game set in Golarion, but plane and worldhopping with use of portals and etherships, with likely conversion to the starfinder system when it opens up
>>
File: nice_and_shiny.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
nice_and_shiny.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>52971174
I want to be shiny.
>>
>>52971203
I didn't hear about this
Post pitch
>>
>>52971061
There are two Shifters. One is from Spheres of Power and is ALREADY OUT. It's a pretty competent shapeshifter with 3/4ths progression in both BAB and (Sphere) Caster Level.

The next is an upcoming Paizo class, slated to appear in one of their major releases for the end of this year. I don't think anything besides "it's a martially-oriented shapeshifter" is known about what it's intended to do.
>>
>>52971183
>Kineticist Optimization

To be an EFFECTIVE kineticist? You probably wanna pick an element like Earth or Water, be a race that is either +DEX or +CON (preferably both), max out your CON score, and then go to town with Kinetic Blade. Look into grabbing Kinetic Whip and a bunch of AoO feats so you can become an AoO monster.
>>
>>52971163
Exactly! A class like that is something I would have near immediate use for too—an Elven samurai that has been trailing my players is starting to understand that her entire culture and by extension her current mission is quite corrupt, but can't start voicing those opinions openly so she may end up donning a mask and setting out for answers.

>>52971183
Really, the flavor niche boils down to "Dishonorably honorable", which imo has a lot of potential.
>>
File: IMG_20151218_161204293.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_161204293.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
So how do I get involved in one of these famous /pfg/ campaigns? I don't see any social contact links in the OP.
>>
>>52971227
>someone asking the question I've been too timid to ask
>>
>>52971207
Just prestidigitate your skin that color. If it's just cosmetic, it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>52970840
not much of a meme, but I did see their name a few times last thread so heads up, protag just revealed their fetishes to be the "discussion and appreciation of fiction", don't tell anyone I told you.
>>
File: IMG_20151218_161209088.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_161209088.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
>>52971242
>>
>>52971227
>>52971242
>>52971257
Literally just apply
>>
>>52971207
The song was the one thing I liked from that movie, really. It got stuck in my head for days.

>>52971220
Oh. Okay, I guess I'll have to wait then. That's okay, it will probably be disappointing.

>>52971227
>>52971242
Links to LFG listings on Roll20 periodically get dumped in the thread.
>>
>>52971265
Where? There's no link in the OP.
>>
>>52971200
>not knowing what faggotry means on 4chan

>/reddit/
>>
>>52971265
There's no links to any of the games, retard
>>
>>52971251
>Oh bby, show me that in medias res
>yeah, that's it
>>
>>52971227
>>52971257
Took me a second to recognize that's not a pig, dammit, Anon, do you have to overfeed your pupper like that?
>>
>>52971186
Either.
>>
>>52971276
>not noticing the joke
Anon literally facebook imbeciles know what 'faggot' means, the only use of 'faggot' unique-ish to 4chan these days is -fag as a suffix.

>>52971285
>>52971275
How long have you people been here? They were linked literally last thread.
>>
>>52971301
I got here about half an hour ago, and I don't just troll through every old thread.

Thank you for being patient and helpful, I'll go look in the previous thread for links.
>>
>>52971297
Find a hat of disguise or ask your GM if you can join Karzoug's personal guard/punishment regime.
>>
I like to pick my nose. Why doesn't Paizo have rules to make my booger flicker effective?
>>
File: And Everything Nice.png (363KB, 784x719px) Image search: [Google]
And Everything Nice.png
363KB, 784x719px
>>52971311
>half an hour ago
>>
>>52971207
I wish that movie had had more of a villain. It was okay as it turned out, but the only bad guy with any charisma was just a one-off for like 5 minutes.
>>
>>52971314
Spell components.
>>
File: Pretending.png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
Pretending.png
2KB, 244x226px
>>52971301
>>
>>52971311
You can literally just control-f it in the last thread. It's all on roll20 anyway
>>
File: 1476263875298.png (99KB, 339x353px) Image search: [Google]
1476263875298.png
99KB, 339x353px
>>52971333
>being so dense he can't pick up on an obvious joke
>hurr ur retarded
>>
>>52971323

The real villain was misogyny.
>>
>>52971345
The revelations about Wubu make me think a mute, busty bard who has a thing for bigger men and showing off the goods would have gotten into the game.
>>
>>52971353
t.
>>
>>52971372
What the hell is a mute busty bard

Why is this a meme

It's been going on so fucking long

Someone explain
>>
>>52971353
Dude, women exist.
This fact does not mean you are being oppressed.
>>
So are we not gonna do any hybrid class building, then? Just gonna keep on obsessing about the ERP lives of others?
>>
>>52971319
That's when I woke up, retart. I've been in this general on and off since PF came out. Mostly just to argue about rules, not play games.
>>
>>52971392

There's a character in League of Legends called Sona. She plays music, can't speak, and has generously-sized bosoms.
>>
>>52971396
your topics are uninteresting and i don't respect them.
>>
>>52971437
fuck off leaguefaggots
>>
>>52971396
I tried man, but there's only so much you can do.
>>
>>52971392

Sona is a character from League of Legends who is, in canon, a completely mute woman with an extremely large chest who is nonetheless an exemplary bard.
>>
>>52971392
It's RotJR DM shitposting.
>>
>>52971396
Just wait for the meme high tide to fade
>>
>>52971396

Honestly, it kind of feels like there isn't a whole lot to cover with new Hybrid classes. Paizo themselves have pretty much swept the idea under the rug.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1430x969px
>>52971396
New topic. Poorly formatted because I'm lazy.
>>
>>52971450
>>52971463
We could make Hybrid class VMCs?
>>
>>52971396
If it helps, I'm building a martial class that's pretty heavily focused on intimidation and also being a fucking meat wall

I've taken so many concepts from so many classes, I just need to, y'know, refine it.
>>
>>52971218
Yesterday I posted about it, so just seeing if the interest is still around. Imagine a fantasy world, but with the pathfinder cosmology playing a bigger part because of fuckers messing with that plane of time that gets mentioned rarely.

So players traveling through the portals to other worlds or planes, and with etherships, all that jazz, culminating into a a conversion to starfinder when it comes out. Its something I ran in 3.5 a hundred years ago that everyone loved. So seeing if it will be dandy here.
>>
File: file.png (899KB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
899KB, 1430x969px
>>52971478
>>
>>52971287
>ey bby looking for a deuteragonist?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1430x969px
>>52971499
>>
File: file.png (797KB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
797KB, 1430x969px
>>52971517
>>
>>52971479

I'm not sure how many unique features the hybrid classes could really provide, considering they're hybrid classes.
>>
>>52971497
Sure, I'd be interested if I'm still free.
>>
File: file.png (946KB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
946KB, 1430x969px
>>52971534
>>
File: file.png (826KB, 1430x969px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
826KB, 1430x969px
>>52971551
Last page of gobgod.
>>
File: EMPRAHASQUE_PROTECTS.jpg (249KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
EMPRAHASQUE_PROTECTS.jpg
249KB, 800x543px
>>52971497

Yeah, sounds good.
>>
I know a lot of people love the Pathfinder Goblins, and I feel like I'm one of a very small minority that actively dislikes the current take on them.
>>
>>52971575
They've been overplayed.
They were a decent direction, but now it's become clear that there's no way to do anything creative with them. It's the same problem as the hillbilly ogres--once the novelty wears off, you want something else, but Paizo built them to be one-note, and like drow, they go out of their way to prevent redemption or any deviation from the established schtick.
>>
File: aku worried.png (133KB, 352x291px) Image search: [Google]
aku worried.png
133KB, 352x291px
Help.
I cannot escape.
>>
>>52971575
I appreciate that there're a lot of ways to play a goblin without moving too far away from the racial personality. They can be obnoxious played to the stereotype, but they have enough aspects going on with them that you can pick one and stretch it.

It's easy for goblins to fall into their setting stereotype or a straight subversion of them. I want races not to feel like not-humans so I like them a bit narrow, but not so much the way dwarves tend to be.
>>
>>52971596
From what, Pathfinder? Memes? Your current campaign?
>>
>>52971575

I thought people hated the singing, giggling little bastards, and it was only the thought of watching them get torn apart by dogs or stomped to death by horses that made people happy.
>>
>>52971396
We don't have to talk about ERP but your topic is shitty as well.

90% of people don't care about homebrew they'll never get a chance to play.
>>
>>52971542
>I N S P I R A T I O N
>Studied Strike or Studied Combat

>>52971575
The only good thing about pathfinder goblins is that I enjoy putting the abominations out of their misery. They are utter shit, and it's a complete travesty that FUCKING KOBOLDS have shittier racial stats than the dumpsterfire of a race that are Goblins
>>
>>52971517
Lawful goblins could be a fun enemy, play them up differently from hobgoblins to emphasize their fascination with fire and tribal nature while playing up the utilitarian side of fire that requires discipline and the hierarchy formed by brutality.
>>
>>52971595
Well alright then, if I'm not alone, that allows for a more interesting discussion:

How can we make Goblins interesting?

I see nothing in their current fluff that I'm particularly married to, I'd be fine with throwing out all of it if we can strike on a more interesting idea.

>>52971619
Don't get me started on Generic Dwarven Society Alpha. It's the same in every game, to the point where I don't even include them as a race when I'm building worlds anymore because they contribute nothing of value. Halflings are nearly as bad, the only good mold-breakers I've seen from the Hobbit archetype is the Eberron halflings from the Talenta Plains who ride dinosaurs, and the cannibalistic pygmies they were portrayed as in Darksun.

>>52971649
Kobolds deserve so much better.
>>
>>52971661
>>52971658
A Wizard with no sense of right or wrong took a whole tribe of goblins and put Helms of Opposite Alignment on all of them.
>>
>>52971661
I like goblins as tribal creatures, but also as the underrung to other monsters, doing their own shitty thing with a more eveil twist to it, like ratfolk.
>>
>>52971500
>Ey bby I like your tone how about we skip the exposition and after the climax draw out the denouement till it makes its own rising action if you know what I mean.
>>
>>52971661
To answer that you first need to say what you think are the fundamental traits of goblins: things that, if changed, would make you think you weren't looking at real goblins anymore and say the creature should be called something else.
>>
>>52971661
All I really want is more variation. I don't want to just rip off WoW or Corruption of Champions, but something besides football-headed retard children would be nice.

Perhaps hook them up to the fey a bit, have them running markets where you trade immaterial concepts for dodgy magic items. Or have them be the sneaky guerilla arm of a hobgoblin army, the asshole saboteurs who sneak in ahead of the main force and probe for weaknesses.
>>
>>52971661
Goblins would be interesting if they weren't defined entirely by being suicidally insane.

You can't have a race composed entirely of psychopaths and then make that race both weak and retarded and expect them to survive and be likable.
The little bastards should have gone extinct a long time ago based on Paizo's rendition.
>>
>>52971661
It's not worthwhile changing goblins on the large scale, you risk overlap with other monstrous races with less niche, or going too far and making Warcraft jewblins.

You want to adjust goblins by engagement. They're the mook race, the creatures that scarier things or scarier goblins take on as cheap fodder. This lets you prepare unique goblins while keeping their utility as a wild barely civilized creature. Define one tribe of goblins by their worship of their god, one by their fealty towards a powerful orc warlord, and one by the massive hoard of literature they emulate.

There's a lot of complaint here about goblins being played up all the same way but they're seriously a versatile enemy as lore goes, more aligned to chaos than evil while still easily adhering to hierarchy and commands.
>>
>>52971649
>FUCKING KOBOLDS have shittier racial stats than the dumpsterfire of a race that are Goblins

It's so weird too, why did they give Kobolds such awful racial stats? No other race got this treatment as far as I know.
>>
>>52971732

And yet, they survive to become interstellar pests in Starfinder.

Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to correct that horrendous mistake on behalf of every other race in existence.
>>
>>52971661
Personally I'd merge some races together, or accept the stereotypes but actually try to expand on that instead of just letting them sit on the stereotype without ever touching it again.

Actually, to expand on >>52971711 I think that if we wanted Goblins to have a connection to Fey, they should be related to Gnomes somehow. Completely ditch the retard-child thing, and don't have "all goblins HATE WORDS BOOKS ARE BAD" when Goblins don't even have a motherfucking Int penalty. They DO NOT have an Int or Wis penalty despite supposedly being actual gibbering retards. That needs to be looked at.

>>52971747
There used to be an exploit in 3.5e that made them completely broken. I assume they're being punished for that, despite that exploit no longer existing and all their racial feats additionally being complete and utter trash.
>>
>>52971702
Small and green. That's pretty much it.

I once did a take on them where their whole thing was that they were highly genetically reactive to local magical flows. Kinda like a super-primitive sort of sorcery, where if a tribe remained in the same location for a few generations, their natural magic and to an extent their physical traits would reflect the environment. So, goblins living on a sun-blasted mountain might be a reddish shade and able to set shit on fire with literally no supplies, or chuck fire a limited number of times per day, or something.
In contrast, Goblins dwelling in a swamp could end up becoming moderately poisonous themselves, their dark green skin constantly damp with toxin-filled sweat.

So actually, in a lot of ways, doing what >>52971741 is talking about with making them cheap, easily-specialized mooks.
>>
>>52971747
They are nearly unchanged from their base racial traits as a monster race in 3.5

But, with the RP/STAT system in play, it actually makes up for it.

>>52971774
Keep in mind there is that planet that is based on dragons and aliens riding drakes as well. Its likely kobolds could have migrated there, just like how the goblins will probably end up as fuckers in the lower sewers of absolom station.
>>
File: 4567663636.jpg (37KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
4567663636.jpg
37KB, 500x380px
>>52971820
I personally feel like they're being 'punished for having 'really good' racial feats.

I mean, energy resistance, anon! Flight! A breath weapon! Those are good, right?!
>>
>>52971826
Oh that. Yeah I remember. Did it not work out how humans were base with 10RP but no extra build points, and races with less RP had more build points, races with more RP had less?

Kobolds had like 5 extra build points right.
>>
MY SATURDAY ROW GAME IS STARTING AND I'M PURE HYPE

HOW HYPE ARE YOU ALL FOR YOUR GAMES?
>>
File: koboldabilityscorebalancing.png (203KB, 837x645px) Image search: [Google]
koboldabilityscorebalancing.png
203KB, 837x645px
>>52971747
>>
>>52971711
Please no, I can't fucking stand the inclusion of fey.
>>
>>52971860
Not wrong.
>>
>>52971853
Well my saturday game is done because it's sunday now and once I wake up it's off to run my own RoW game.

Just a hint without spoiling anything: When you see the lodge, pick your fights or become part of the club.
>>
>>52971711
Honestly, ripping off Corruption of Champions is probably the only way to make goblins seem good or interesting without making them Warcraft gobs. Make them baby-crazy shortstacks--sure, it's insufferable from a storytelling standpoint, but no more so than what they are now, and at least it gives a reason why they haven't died out yet.
>>
>>52971860

Kobold butts aren't nice, I'll take a plump human rump over a scaled shitter.
>>
>>52971901
That's a good point. For CR 1/4th monsters, goblins should in no way be viable to survive when they constantly kill themselves, even swallowing rocks too big for them. (That was in a book describing them. Fucking goblins.)

At least kobolds are smart about how they exist as CR 1/4th.
>>
>>52971901

Fuck off with that GOBLINS ARE THICC bullshit, it's as bad as people who auto-assume goblins are master craftsmen in other settings.

Give me goblins as subterranean-adapted Orcs, or at least the diminutive cousins of them.
>>
>>52971901
I actually like WoW goblins.

The whole fifties mobster and dieseltech thing they got going on is nice.

Especially with all the 'MUH NATURE' shit elsewhere.
>>
>>52971962
imo, just tell thiccfags to fuck off.
>>
>>52971937
One thing people forget a lot is that goblins tend to go to the extreme of recklessness, but they also tend to go to the extreme of fear. It's safe to assume they breed fast, and I wouldn't be bothered if someone declared that Golarion goblins put out litters when they descend from demon dogs, so I like to think that a cowardly pair can breed into a whole tribe over a generation.
>>
>>52971842
I'm going to pretend you're serious for a moment because I need to just be angry about something: It's shit.

>+5 resist to one energy type
>2d6, 1/day breath weapon
>The ability to make a Fly check to negate falling damage
>a 4th feat at 10th to double the effects of the breath weapon and get a 20 ft (average flight speed)
>F O U R
>F E A T S

The COOLEST FEAT from Kobolds is something they can only barely use, and that is the ability to take Oracle into Dragon Disciple... By... Spending a feat to do so.
>>
>>52971962
>FUCK OFF WITH GOBLIN CONCEPT 5
>ONLY GOBLIN CONCEPT 2 IS ACCEPTABLE

Because clearly personal preference isn't a thing.
>>
>>52971901
>>52971962
>>52971965
>>52972001

Runescape Goblins are honestly my favorite.

They were outsiders in another dimension, before being drafted into war by a War God along with all the other goblinoids, like Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Ogres. Originally they were peaceful farmers, then they were fierce warriors, and when the War God was barred from mortal interaction, the goblinoids all degenerated into bickering tribes that argue over the smallest things, save for an underground goblin tribe that figured out TECHNOLOGY and adapted to have huge eyes
>>
>>52971962
For what it's worth the standard of beauty for goblins in Golarion actually is thicc.
>>
>>52971850
>>52972000
I don't know if that is enough to make up for shitty racial feats, but it does sort of make sense in a way.

All the base races have about 10 RP, so giving them 20 build points makes sense. Drow with like 15 race points, giving them 15 build points actually makes sense. Giving kobolds 25 build points? I mean I guess. Poor shitty kobolds.
>>
Page 6 boyos.
>>
>>52972062
Goblin standard of beauty is straight up obese.

Like not even fat obese, but "can't even walk" obese.
>>
So, what or who are you looking forward to doing in Overlewd?
More importantly, what do you want done TO you if you should get captured by the Empire?
>>
We should collectively re-stat Kobolds, since we all seem to dislike how they got built.
>>
>>52972262
I use -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, and it seems to work well enough. They're still not a great race, but it keeps them from being unusable
>>
New Thread

>>52972294
>>52972294
>>52972294
>>52972294
>>52972294
>>52972294
>>
>>52972262
Just give them the +5 extra build points.
>>
>>52972093
I'm waiting until 8 to make a new one
>>
>>52972285
>more dex int races
I hate you.
>>
>>52972285
Since them being fragile is a part of what has come to define them, I try to keep a constitution penalty or something. I also picture them as being highly alert, to help them survive.
I could see a stat line looking like -2 Str, -2 Con, +2 Dex, +2 Wis.
>>
>>52972262
>>52972347
Zethian Kobold from Worlds of Power are pretty nice. Though personally I'd prefer they had a bonus to Cha instead, for good sorcerers
>>
>>52972314
I know it's not great, but they're specifically described as being crafty but weak. It seemed appropriate.

>>52972347
>Casters only: the race
>>
File: Zethian Kobolds.png (1MB, 665x825px) Image search: [Google]
Zethian Kobolds.png
1MB, 665x825px
>>52972355
and forgot my pic

>>52972303
>>52972313
FUCKDAMMIT SHIT
>>
>>52972378
>Casters only: the race

Or ranged attackers. The point is that, in true Kobold fashion, they prefer to stack the deck in their favor and fight as unfairly as possible. IMO, a Kobold that can be exposed to frontline dangers for prolonged periods of time is missing a core part of the identity of what makes a Kobold a Kobold.
>>
File: Abaj.png (316KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
Abaj.png
316KB, 600x789px
>>52972650
>bloodforge
ew.
But to answer your question, just let him have a look at it, and talk with him about it like a reasonable adult.
>>
>>52972232
I want to kill my former masters!

They killed all my friends!
>>
>>52967210
Edge lord harbinger // shadow aspirant avowed.

Teleport before and after every attack, use quick draw katanas, have a bunch of vaguely related powers, shadow tentacles, etc.
>>
>>52971747
They're lower CR. A kobold warrior is CR 1/4, not CR 1/3 like any PC race.
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.