[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1470: A Pox On Both Your Houses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 666
Thread images: 116

File: CLICK THIS, NEWBIES.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CLICK THIS, NEWBIES.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52955542
>>
>>52959684
40k is technically just a poor version of Fantasy, considering release dates.
>>
Rolled 471 (1d816)

And doin' the attempted-usual-start-of-thread-roll goin'... NOW.
>>
>>52963697
Mahou Sensei Negima

H'oh boy, how long has it been since THIS one's been relevant.
>>
File: JC8.gif (1017KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.gif
1017KB, 500x728px
>>52962775
Drawbacks: Legal Sibling, Please Don't Bring That Genocide Up, Hummingbird Head (1500)

Lord

Big, Beautiful Flaming Eyebrows (Free)
Now Now Everyone (1300)
Little Angel (1000)
Gita (Free)
Tea Time Time (700)
Isn't It All A Bit Much (400)
Best Kouhai (0)

Ah, highschool we meet again. My old nemesis. My limbo of socially awkward and/or awed silences and serendipity. How strange, a version of human history where cuteness became the predominant human trait. It must be the Rogers entity's work. Memo: Set Qlithu to scanning all cereal distribution factories and children's television shows. The truth is out there, I just KNOW it.

Huh? I'm due for class? Well, shit. There's the elephant in the room, there's just no place for a cynical yet resolute cosmic being in the springtime of these cute girls' youth is there? I guess I'll just...go with the flow! It might even be f-ugh, be right back. Gonna play a few rounds of GoD.

>3 schooldays later

OH DAD I'M GONNA BE LATE FOR CLASS.

Okay, get your shit together man. You've got your obligation to the Benefactor to think about. You're here, you might as well do something productive with the main cast. Something inspiring. Something as girly as a manly man-boy can possibly stand to be? But what? What form of musical instrumentation can I excel at? Wait, I've got it.

Cute girl death metal concerts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YYIy1YHvZc

>later that day, an unidentified pink-haired source confirmed that the arrival of giant demon crabs was heralded by a local school concert and their front man, who carries a guitar forged under Hell's beating heart. One Kotobuku Tsumugi has already invited them to her tea party. Our crab overlords appear to have discovered a newfound love of silly hats and frilly dresses, even the male ones.

>>52963715
...did they ever actually deal with that Lifemaker guy?
>>
File: 54 cakes.png (322KB, 325x879px) Image search: [Google]
54 cakes.png
322KB, 325x879px
>>52960906
It's supposed to not need a Hearthstone, like CBAs and Warstriders in the other jumps. Will add that to the notes if it slipped through.

Anyway, I'm thinking of restarting my chain and actually posting it consistently now. Possibly starting with a run through all my own jumps, because I'm in a masochistic mood apparently.

In the order in which I made them that'd be... Viscera Cleanup Detail, Sburb, Kung Fury, The Incredibles, Exalted: Infernals, and Exalted: Lunars.

Now, should I do Pokemon before these six, or just start off as a janitor?
>>
>>52963750

>or just start off as a janitor?

I think you know the answer to this question.
>>
File: 106321.jpg (282KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
106321.jpg
282KB, 800x450px
>>52963715
And in this corner, competing for the title of most unsatisfying ending ever- Negima.

Man, such a good series, that ended so poorly. Least we got the sequel that I still am not up to date on.

Anyway, Negima jump history. For a long, long time, one of the most common responses to Negima was "Whatever you do, don't go to mars." Partly this was the big power leap in the series at that point but mostly it was a lack of knowledge on what that power leap entailed, since relatively few people actually had read the series. So it resulted in some pretty amusing situations where people would give the warning and then not really be able to explain why it was dangerous.

In any case, think this might have been the first jump with 800cp perks? Certainly the earliest I can recall. They were and some still are, very popular choices. You'd have whole builds just around getting two of the 800 perks on offer. That and the shapeshifting weapon Hero of a Thousand Faces, personal weapon of That Man You Can Stab With Swords All Day And It Won't Do A Thing, Dammit- Jack Rakan. Man that guy is awesome.

Personally, it was the first jump I saw with drawbacks that seemed to really make me want to take them for story rather then points. Namely the love dodecahedron drawback. Particularly since you could automatically import companions, making Negi's already ridiculous love situation into a even bigger mess.

These things are fun for reminiscing.
>>
File: Crona 4.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 4.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>52963715

Mahou Sensei Negima was one of the most useful and powerful Jumps when it first came out, and it's super old by now.

Among the many notable (and strange) features of Negima is the power to import as many companions as you want and have them actually mess about in the world, providing you turn them into teenage schoolgirls. This marks it as one of the few Jumps that allows you to ignore the companion limit, and one of the only Jumps where Generic Magical Girl's "Pink Tide" is actually capable of doing something.

Negima was among the first and most notable Jumps to contain a generic skill booster in the form of "Talented" allowing you to git gud at anything from drawing to cooking to cleaning or whatever other mundane skill you might want.

While even the lower powered perks like Pactio and Magic are fairly useful, the 800CP Perks were what many Jumpers came to Negima for. From "Gift of the Twilight Imperium" which was one of the first ways of protecting yourself from magic to "Gift of the Thousand Master" which is one of the most powerful magical perks ever, these things were huge.
>>
>>52963740
>...did they ever actually deal with that Lifemaker guy?

They did! Well, mostly by kicking the problem into the future.

The Lifemaker has an auto-possession effect that causes it to steal the body of anyone who kills its current host.

So, in the UQ Holder continuity (which is different from the main Negima one, due to time travel, I think), Negi endured for decades but was slowly taken over by the Lifemaker, becoming the new BBEG.
>>
>>52963715
Welp. Have a-this one.

>Mahou Sensei Negima - 156
Position: Assistant Instructor
Pactio Position: Magister
Drawbacks: Debt (+200), Sealed (+300)
Final Point Count: 1,500 CP
Background: Mage

Skills:
-Magic (Free)
-Pactio (Free)
-Pactio Master
-Gift of the Thousand Master
-Kanka

Items:
-Focus (Free)

You know, I have made VERY little use of Pactio Master, and that's... both unfortunate and kinda irritating. I KNOW that the examples of pactio artifacts are awesome, I KNOW they've got cool shit going on. I know my Companions would love it.

But I just turn up blank and have no ideas when trying to fill out that card for any of them.

>>52963740
Negi's being slowly taken over by Lifemaker in UQ Holder.

So uh.

THAT'S gonna be interesting.

>>52963781
oy oy oy. Do not forget Kanka.
>>
File: Crona 18.png (65KB, 440x245px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 18.png
65KB, 440x245px
>>52963777
Bwahaha, sniped. Ah well, your summary was way better anyways.
>>
File: 126075124944.png (6KB, 207x203px) Image search: [Google]
126075124944.png
6KB, 207x203px
>>52963764
...Yeah, fair enough. Let's have a look then.
>>
File: Saber29.jpg (440KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Saber29.jpg
440KB, 850x1202px
>>52963781
>>52963803
Someone's forgetting their name~

We covered different points for the most part, I'm sure no one minds.
>>
>>52963715

While the main draws have been mentioned, it also has one of the best teaching perks around.

Though it's not terribly explicit on whether it enables the target to learn out-of-setting powers, it's still enabling shonen-protagonist-tier learning speeds of any skill they can perform.

Of course, it has to compete with Gift, Chao and Twilight.

>>52963800

>Kanka

One thing about Kanka - it's a very difficult skill, but it's still perfectly possible to learn.
>>
>>52963715
I can't remember how Gift of the Thousand Master was meant to translate to other magic systems / how you're meant to benchmark it. Could someone help me out here?
>>
>>52963828

My own estimate was about a x50 multiplier. Simply from the example of an average adult mage being able to produce ~20 elemental arrows.

So 1000/20 makes for a quick and dirty guess that doesn't feel *too* crazy.
>>
File: Crona 12.png (206KB, 900x640px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 12.png
206KB, 900x640px
>>52963800
Oi oi, I can't cover everything, but yes, Kanka was really big shit for a good long time.

For those unaware, Kanka basically allows you to combine Ki and Magic to temporarily enter a super mode where you became vastly stronger, albeit temporarily. With all the magic and ki boosting perks as well as this being the ancestor of other energy mingling perks, I'm sure everyone can see why that was so popular.

As anon also mentioned, Pactio Master was a well sought after perk due to it being one of the best ways in Old Jumpchain to help different companions stay combat relevant, even if they were picked up after Negima. It as a perk basically allowed you to make pacts with whoever you want providing they go along with a ritual involving kissing or swapping blood, and then they'd be able to borrow some of your magical power to get extra stronk.

If that wasn't enough, they also get a magical artifact which is normally really powerful. Examples of which can be found in the Jump itself, but reading through the series for examples would probably be preferable.

>>52963819
Ah fuck shit, so I am. Thank you kindly!
>>
File: Lancer10.jpg (44KB, 438x662px) Image search: [Google]
Lancer10.jpg
44KB, 438x662px
>>52963828
Marvel gave a few different answers on this. I remember one being a x50 multiplier and another being that it made you near the top level in any system, but both answer got quite a lot of controversial arguing over at the time.

Personally I go for the former. It's kinda crazy still but the latter's just wheeeey.

>>52963856
Also, reading the series in general is a good idea because it's generally a fantastic series. The first few chapters are a bit boring and the last few are such utter shite but the great majority of the series is a great ride and it's been a fairly big influence on a bunch of other stuff. Not DBZ/Jojo levels but it has some original shit.
>>
>>52963828
Pretty sure it was something like a x21 booster, give or take, on the lower end in old estimates, using the 7 Magical Arrows base and "hundreds" to mean 200. I vaguely remember that being overturned by Marvel back in the day, with it actually be more like x50.

>>52963867

Oh, totally, Negima ended up being one of those proto-series that inspired a bunch of other writers iirc and everybody needs to read just for Jack, who is like the Crazy Badass Uncle of Shonen Mentors.
>>
>>52963844
>>52963867
Hey thanks! I feel like a x50 multiplier straddles that sweet spot between reasonable for the jump and absolutely crazy for the jumper. A lot of fun options start opening up when you have that much power to throw around..
>>
>>52963889
Also thanks!
>>
>>52962769
>Scion's Endbringer-killing beam sure didn't vaporize the earth like a beam powerful enough to do that would need to be.

Scion's fuck-you beams run on bullshit dimensional manipulation (aka "I can't believe it's not magic"). Local system thermodynamics is off crying in a corner (like it tends to do with just about every damn superpower in the setting). This is literally discussed in the story itself.

But yeah, more generally, the author does contradict himself on a number of points in the story.
>>
File: Tron System Jumpv1.3.pdf (244KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tron System Jumpv1.3.pdf
244KB, 1x1px
Putting this up again made some of the suggested changes
>>
>>52963980
Changelog?
>>
>>52963980
>Freedom still there
I bet most of the stuff hasn't changed.
>>
>>52963990
Deleted things about Free Code Perk
Edited out some out of setting references
Change some Drawback Pricing
Did not change Freedom Perk
>>
Whats there to do in Negima?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
Got a question for Digger, just in case I don't see him soon, might be at the store or in bed by the time he gets on.

How strong is Gateway of Chaos' Dark Hole ability?
>>
>>52963750
That reminds me, I don't remember any of the other jumps that offered CBA or somthing else with a hearthstone requierment saying that they worked without them. So those are useless without manses!
>>
>>52964020
So most of the complaints haven't been fixed. Always a joy to sit here for a few hours pulling out your teeth to get you to change things.

>Drawbacks pricing
Most of them are still way too high. You changed one drawback and then didn't change any of the others. The time extender still gives you 1000cp and discounts and freebies. A THOUSAND POINTS FOR MORE FUCKING TIME.

Are you actually retarded? Look at the other thousand point drawbacks in the chain. Notice how they are both immensely difficult challenges in their settings, almost impossible or actually impossible without out of jump stuff? Notice how yours just gives you more time to play in the world and freebies and discounts?

Notice how you have received so much help and so much feedback yet you still fuck it up by not applying any of that feedback beyond what is directly said and even then sometimes ignoring it?
>>
File: picard facepalm.jpg (71KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
picard facepalm.jpg
71KB, 500x375px
So... I just realised that jump-chan would've perfectly scaled the interior of my jumper's starship to suit my jumper's form at the time of purchase: a small child.

Key phrase, perfectly scaled. Which means the bridge looks totally "normal"-sized on other ships' communications screens so long as I avoid any giveaways.

I bet the Enterprise crew got a surprise when they beamed aboard. And I also bet jumper-me cracked up laughing at their faces.

... just something I thought of.
>>
File: HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif (73KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
HegratheTyphoonofCuddles.gif
73KB, 800x733px
>>52964048
Infernals at least does say so. And I'm pretty sure it's been said in thread that those in Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded also don't require them.
>>
>>52963980
It would help if you changed more things when people told you to change them. See: Freedom
>>
>>52963750
I don't think they work like that in the other jumps, it doesn't look like any of the jumpmakers who offered those sorts of things thought about that issue.

Personally I always just wanked that the items in question came with an appropriate hearthstone to fuel them.
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (5KB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
5KB, 200x155px
>>52963980
>>52964055
>The time extender still gives you 1000cp and discounts and freebies. A THOUSAND POINTS FOR MORE FUCKING TIME.

Seriously?

/checks jump

Uh... yeah, Bluesnowman, you should change that.
>>
>>52964097
Does that mean they are self powered or does the wearer need to foot the bill? Do they still have the normal three hearthstone settings?

Suggestion, purchaseable hearthstones that are independent from any manse.
>>
File: Amalion.png (217KB, 461x703px) Image search: [Google]
Amalion.png
217KB, 461x703px
>>52964108
>spoiler
But how does that work without a manse fueling the hearthstone?

Anyway...
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48826981/#q48830403
>The warstrider doesn't need a hearthstone because 400cp item fiat, it just works.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50782048/#q50789098
>Normal suits also require a hearthstone too, but assume this one is an advanced model that doesn't need one.

>>52964140
Self-powered. They still have the normal hearthstone settings.

Independent hearthstones are not a thing in 2nd edition.
>>
File: Tron System Jumpv1.4.pdf (243KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tron System Jumpv1.4.pdf
243KB, 1x1px
Changlog
Altered Freedom Perk
changed GB to CP
Changed From the Stone age Perk if you read it carefully it's not just more time you are bound to the digital realm you cannot enter your warehouse or go to the real world
>>
>>52964175
>if you read it carefully it's not just more time you are bound to the digital realm you cannot enter your warehouse or go to the real world
SO WHAAAAAAAT

IT STILL GIVES 800CP AND FREEBIES. WHYYYY.

Oh my gucking god I just noticed Long Term Storage is just as bad. Oh my god what is wrong with you.

>Freedom now just makes you almost impossible to bind in anyway and still doesn't make any sense for what it's based on but we gotta stuff it all in there and oh look all those other infinite growth perks are still there and still don't fit
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOOOOU.
>>
>>52964205
Just stop. If he feels like the perks and drawbacks are fine but the thread doesn't, send him back to SB. There's no point continuing this back and forth. SB has a drive, they can take the jump.
>>
>>52964250
I just can't understand. It hurts to try. Seeing someone get so much feedback focused at the same things and it taking so long and so many repeats to get him to listen. how many of our regulars complain about not getting enough feedback and then this is going on?
>>
>>52964252
Really there's only one regular that would ever say he didn't get much feedback, and to his credit, he didn't. When he posted up jumps they'd be mostly ignored because of various reasons. Most jumpmakers get plenty of feedback and this jump has been no different. If the jumpmaker doesn't want to address parts of it because he doesn't agree with it that's up to him.
>>
File: Saber44.png (538KB, 1309x731px) Image search: [Google]
Saber44.png
538KB, 1309x731px
So for any jumpers, jump makers or aspiring creators, a question I ask.

When you're making jumps, making builds or making a chain, what tunes do you listen to? Or even what tunes are you listening to right now? Let's all share what gets our minds chugging along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvMcQ2Eejo

The above right now over here. For me? Anything with a good beat to it. Something you can sway or bounce your head to. Preferably with drums or bass, cause you gotta love it when you can feel the slams and drums in your skull.

What about you guys? Why do you pick the music that you do for writing or relaxing?
>>
>>52964278
I think I was listening to All Things Must Pass while making Fantastic Beasts. Don't really have a specific jumpmaking music though.

Sometimes I listen to music while making builds, the last time I remember doing so with any sort of connection was when I was making a build for Generic Western and was listening to the New Vegas soundtrack.
>>
>>52964175
I'm assuming that you think by locking out the warehouse and real world it justifies the reward for the drawback, but I think your sense of scale and value are a bit off. A drawback generally doesn't come with rewards to begin with. If you didn't have scenarios in there I could understand, but you do and your scenarios are rather awkward because they lack polish.

Most scenarios lack polish and that's fine, but when you have a drawback that upstages your own scenarios it doesn't make either one of them look good. You can copy how other people do scenarios to justify the short prompt for a reward approach that you're using, but it doesn't justify why the drawback has the same thing especially when your scenarios don't even give CP and most of them are very blunt prompts.

Even if scenarios are all the rage now because people like Valeria and Gauntlet are making them popular through their jumps, it doesn't mean that tacking on a reward to everything is justified.
>>
File: Crona 10.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 10.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>52964278

Usually something on the intense or psychological side to get my blood pumping or my mind racing.

This song in particular is one of my favorite working songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgrfXuHYWI

The lyrics about the murder town, the instrumental cacophony like at 1:38, the warped vocals at varying points in the song, it's all really nice.
>>
>>52963715
Deciding which of my companions to Pactio with is hard. I'm going Minister, so my options for a decent Magister are between Elodie, Asriel, and Asgore

The problem being that Asriel and Elodie are the figurehead king and queen of the Archipelago, and I worked my ass off to get both of them, so choosing one would mean playing favorites between people in a relationship, but they're both really impressive mages. Asriel has both a Heart and SOUL for boosting his magic. Elodie has the Jumper Lumen, which mostly increases her survivability in combat, and the Lumen themselves have more versatility than monster magic. Asgore is less impressive magically, but he's the least disruptive to the group dynamics if I turn him into a teenage girl and drag him into combat, and he has the most experience murdering children, which is kind of a niche area of expertise but one that's useful in a high school of violence.
>>
>>52964272
What regular is that?
>>
>>52964344
Dirge? He's the only jumpmaker who was ever associated with not getting feedback and it was only apparent with him because he set things up in a way that feedback wasn't likely to begin with.
>>
>>52964175
You should probably set this aside and go read up on jumps made by experienced jumpmakers like Valeria, Heavens, Red, and others. Your jump isn't unusable, it's just a massive mess, and you benefit a bit learning from those with more experience than you.
>>
How hard would it be to clean up Rathess in creation?
>>
I know nothing about Exalted, is knowing about the great curse, due to metaknowledge, a big deal? If it is, what can I do with this knowledge?
>>
>>52964395
Your main problems would be Han-Tha, the powerful scavenger god who set up shop there, and the Goblin-King, which is Han-Tha's pet Elder Solar.

The feral dragon kings aren't that bad, you should probably try and teach the younger ones.

>>52964431
Yes. Tell basically EVERYONE (well, the Exalts at least), especially anyone in important positions or sorcerers.
>>
>>52964449
So you are in for a rough fight if you want to fix the place to how it should be?
>>
>>52964491

Yup. There's a lot of really interesting stuff to make it worthwhile though - lots of vegetative technology hibernating or growing wild, a bunch of old First Age relics like warbirds and such.

But the ghoul god and his edgelord Solar are a pretty big obstacle (and there are a few other moderate problems).

Most interesting way to approach it might be as a Dragonblood. If you could wrangle an armed detachment to reclaim the city, then a few thousand well-equipped mortal soldiers and a circle or two of Dragonbloods should be able to deal with most of it.

There's a better target for looting though, Denandsor, in the Scavenger Lands. It's virtually untouched, due to an artefact emitting a constant terror field that has driven away all incursions for millennia. It does have a lot of automaton guardians, but they can be worked around.
>>
>>52964491
Yeah. They kinda want to murder Creation and eat it's corpse or something like that. Han-Tha's crazy. The elder Solar's procastinating on starting on that, but he's still a Dawn Caste murdermachine, IIRC.
>>
File: JC27.jpg (78KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
JC27.jpg
78KB, 550x550px
>>52964278
To be honest, I usually listen to stuff before or afterwards. When I'm building or critiquing, I'm too zoned out to fiddle with the music too.

As for cooldown listening-Transistor and Yakuza 0's OSTs, the Flashbulb, Johnny Cash and Juno Reactor.

>>52964431
It's the reason why the Solars went mad, bad and sad the first time they took over the world-not necessarily in that order.

Be careful who you blab it too; Chejop Kejak (the head Bronze Faction Sidereal) has a lot invested in keeping the Solars well and doomed, while the Neverborn rule all the undead in the setting and cast it in the first place. Very, very few other people in the setting know about it-quite possibly not even all of the Incarnae.

>>52964395
>>52964491
Think of it as the Exalted version of a Dark Souls bossfight. There's a lot of gross, fugly, maddened lizard things bemoaning their fate. At the center of it all is a maddened former champion and the grotesque abomination that controls him.

Yes, fixing it up to how it SHOULD be is going to be considering the Solars are no longer around to maintain it, the Great Contagion wrecked the local ecology-and the Primordial War damaged the Dragon Kings' society so badly they're struggling just to hold on to sentience.

Did I mention the leech gods? Because there's gross, forbidden giant divine leeches lurking in it's dark corners too.

If you want an idea on how to start, you might wanna hit up Benezet, the Gardener of Identities and 3CD of Oramus. She's famous for her plant-artifacts (which are explicitly comparable to the Dragon Kings' own plant technology) and she has an interest in unique/lost/maddened things.
>>
>>52964078
How big is your ship?
>>
File: 18f50ec66a90c2f69c62ff39612799d7.jpg (131KB, 868x1135px) Image search: [Google]
18f50ec66a90c2f69c62ff39612799d7.jpg
131KB, 868x1135px
>>52964278
>Right now
I just woke up, so even though I'm sitting here with headphones on, I'm not listening to anything yet. So have some Spider Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-Jr4M4w90

>Writing
Like you, I like a good beat to my music while I'm writing, preferably music without words to it. But I intersperse the instrumentals with regular songs to give my brain a break. It keeps me from getting trapped in a rut when I'm writing and forces a reevaluation of where I'm at once the track with vocals is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_RlepY3GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFZKgf5WG0g

>Jumpmaking
Unlike the above, when I'm working on a Jump, I like soft instrumentals. Classical music or soft jazz works the best, but I slip in other tracks as well. It helps keep me from being distracted by the music so I can concentrate on wording Perks and descriptions correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azuy2YQLPB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mnNf6Hdok

My wife describes it as writing with Passion vs writing with Logic. A funny comparison and there's probably some truth to it.
>>
>>52964078
...why?
>>
>>52964555
>>52964556
>>52964558
sounds like a real party, one thing I like to do in jumps is to find the sort of broken down places of importance and fix them and collect artifacts.
>>
>>52964327
>Asriel and Elodie
>in a relationship

That sounds adorable.
>>
Is it possible to win the The God of High School's tournament within the time limit?
>>
>>52964278
Songs that loop well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1LCUJMnF0
>>
>>52964308
Hey NuBee how is the Hero Academia jump coming along?
>>
File: Crona 9.jpg (246KB, 666x600px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 9.jpg
246KB, 666x600px
>>52964898
It's actually pretty great. Need to figure out a couple more perks, couple more items and a few more drawbacks before Stage 1 is done, then I can start on the writeup which is always faster than the initial theory crafting and conceptualizing.

I'm only taking so long since I decided to get extra ambitious with the Jump once I read the series, since I fucking adore the hell out of it. All the characters are so cool, the setting is awesome, the costumes and school make me happy. Even Bakugou grew on me after a while. I still think he's a gigantic bastard, but less so, and he has his good points.
>>
>>52963715
Figure I'll post my build for Negima, since it came up.

Slotted this one in pretty early at 12, preceeded by Platoon and followed by Mad Men. Pretty sure "Harem Protagonist" (Both for the lewd and platonic applications of it) was my main motivation for taking it...

12) Negima
Background:
-100(900)Mage - Magister
Skills:
-0(900)Pactio - Usagi Tsukino - Don't look so surprised.

-0(900)Magic- This is actually the first school of magic that I've acquired this chain.

-200(700)Flash Step - This used to be really critical in my plans for dealing with some of the higher tier stuff later on, there didn't used to be many places to pick up these dodge boosts. Still plays an important part early chain for me.

-400(300)Gift of the Thousand Master - And we're going hard out of the gate. No half measures for us here, no sir.

-400(-100)Harem Protagonist - and here's what we really came for. Not only do I have a respectable harem (though, at this point, it's just Usagi for waifus.)

Drawbacks:
+100(0)Sleepwalker

Usagi:
for her artifact, she bought Infirmaria Cum Traumate, because we both thought it'd be fun to have an excuse to use her disguise pen and have her run around as a nurse with the oversized needle.
>>
I'm browsing the drive from my phone and i noticed that in the ragnarok online jump some of the pages can't be viewed can someone fix this?
>>
>>52965087
Just close it and open it again. It works fine for me.
>>
How hard is the Omega scenario in Anima jump going to be to complete?
>>
File: Incarose-Stare.jpg (51KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
Incarose-Stare.jpg
51KB, 700x550px
I went to worm and grabbed these powers, anything I should replace?

Miniaturization and Efficiency
Path to Victory
Iterative Improvement
Enhanced Mastery
Complete Arsenal
Inference Engine
Reverse Engineering
Programming and Computer Science
>>
File: heroes-facebook-preview-bcon.jpg (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
heroes-facebook-preview-bcon.jpg
1MB, 1200x630px
Okay I know this will probably be an issue but a few threads back we were talking about Heroes of the Storm and people were saying it would take like 6 or so namefags to agree to make it....Why exactly is that? They don't own the franchise, just as if we got a new starcraft or something anyone could call it.

So it would be nice if they sign off on it, its an uncalled setting.
>>
>>52965087
>can someone fix this?
No.
>>
>>52965110

As usual, depends on how many Jumps you've done.

Omega is roughly comparable to an end-game Final Fantasy boss, but with bigger stats and a bit more reality warping.

His sword permanently strips away any kind of supernatural ability, no single attack can do more than a set amount of damage, he's virtually immune to anything with a saving throw, and he his ki techniques end with a 3-km fuck you slash.

The Orb of the Infinite is more dangerous, because it spits mega-dragons and whatever at you, but Omega's no slouch.
>>
>>52964327
>Asriel and Elodie

What setting are they from?
>>
>>52965147
Wasn't around for last thread but-isn't Heroes of the Storm an alternate continuity to the other Blizzard franchises anyway? Like how Smash Bros. doesn't overlap with Kirby, any of the Marios or either of the Sonics. I don't see why it wouldn't be considered it's own setting and fair game.

Also who's the barbarian redhead and the purple wizard chick? I feel like I'd remember if Blizzard had either of those.
>>
>>52965232
Undertale and Long Live The Queen
>>
File: Crona 19.png (161KB, 350x320px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 19.png
161KB, 350x320px
>>52965238
Sonya is the female Barbarian stand-in from Diablo, Li-Ming is the Sorceress stand-in from Diablo. They're basically characters made to bring those classes to Heroes.
>>
>>52964857
Yeah, it's pretty gross. I got a cheerful Elodie. Asriel courted her with picnics and bleated love songs. He baked cinnamon-butterscotch pies. Elodie has an amazing bullet hell sequence with stars and beams of light. They bonded over having strange murderers in their body, and making wishes to the stars, and other naive romantic things. It was a cute little romance. Very earnest.

>>52965232
Asriel is the Prince of the Underground from Undertale, who may have been a soulless flower when we met. Elodie is the Queen of Nova from Long Live The Queen, and getting her coronated is the goal of the gauntlet.
>>
>>52965254
>Long Live the Queen

Is that in the drive? Because I found it on google but not when I searched the drive.
>>
>>52965300
Oh gauntlet. ignore >>52965320 everbody, I found it.
>>
>>52965140
Maybe get Compounded Computation? That power is a literal godsend anytime you need to enact some large-scale plan.
>>
Where did the Batman The Animated Series jump wind up on the drive? I can't for the life of me find it anywhere.
>>
>>52965384
In the right folder, but it's marked DC Batman The Animated Series, so it's lower down than where you're probably looking.
>>
>>52965399
that's weird, I tried searching for "bat" and some other strings and it never popped up. But thanks, I found it!
>>
>>52964327
>he has the most experience murdering children

>Asgore ‘King Kindergarten Killer’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Spike The Tyke’ Dreemur
>Asgore 'Ankle-Biter Beater’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Crying Child Crusher’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Non-Senior Citizen Slayer’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Toddler Terminator’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Munchkin Murderer’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Innocent Infanticider’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Punt The Runt’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Mourning Mother-Maker’ Dreemurr
>Asgore 'Child Coffin Collector’ Dreemurr

But seriously you probably should not mention that you recruited him for his kid murdering experience. He would not take it that well.
>>
In the God of High School jump, is having a god form from another setting enough to get around the blanket taboo?
>>
>>52965627
No, there are other Gods in setting that are affected. The taboo pretty much amounts to what the God faction, the main one, in series thinks counts as a god or not.
>>
File: Kireimapo.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kireimapo.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
How hard would I fail in trying to seduce Yggdrasil from Digimon?
>>
File: Crona 21.jpg (37KB, 420x556px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 21.jpg
37KB, 420x556px
>>52965738
It's a computer, anon.
>>
>>52965756
That has never stopped a Jumper before.
>>
I need a fitting jump to take between Brutal Legend and Fire Emblem Fates. Suggestions?
>>
>>52964278
none, music distracts me . I only listen to music to get other songs out of my head.
>>
File: 1446699498283.png (718KB, 1149x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1446699498283.png
718KB, 1149x1094px
>>52965615
He'd probably just start crying. Here he thought he was going to go on adventures with his son across the multiverse, and now you're asking him to murder more children.

Now the question is, which is more sad? Big burly Asgore doing those silent big man tears, or Asgore having been turned into a teenage girl and bawling?
>>
>>52965784
A Jump that you know the setting of and like.
>>
>>52965784
A Song of Fire and Ice
>>
>>52965756
So, he'll need Word of Flynn from Generic Virtual World or maybe Something Special from Cardcaptor Sakura.
>>
File: Small Crona 2.gif (28KB, 351x200px) Image search: [Google]
Small Crona 2.gif
28KB, 351x200px
>>52965767
But it's like asking about success rate of drinking wood, how do you go about seducing something that has no concept of attraction?

>>52965810
I got no idea what those are but I feel like they're going to help him seduce a computer. What do they do?
>>
>>52965797
Afraid I can't just do that by how I determine jump order.

>>52965806
Hmm... Yes, that'll do nicely. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52965849
tenchi muyo has a perk that lets you charm technology into serving you.
>>
>>52965794
>>52965615
He's capable of stopping at one HP with every attack. I'm bringing him along because he's the second best at holding back while still being effective at stopping people. I'm not totally thoughtless, just very rude.

So, I guess Asgore's the one I've decided on bringing along. It'll probably remind him of training with Undyne, hopefully.

>>52965849
Word of Flynn just gets you the ear of AIs and programs and let's you speak commands at them, like debugs or DDoS attacks, and Something Special makes incompatible personalities the only barrier to a relationship. It really depends on the kind of relationship Anon wants.
>>
Rolled 742 (1d1000)

Negima you say?
Roll to seduce.
>>
>>52963867
Wouldn't 50x actually put you way the fuck over "near the top" in most systems?
>>
File: n81lg51MZk1sndzdgo1_1280.jpg (779KB, 1240x1502px) Image search: [Google]
n81lg51MZk1sndzdgo1_1280.jpg
779KB, 1240x1502px
>>52964604
I bought a Living Ship from Tenchi Muyo, so on the outside it's about as big as a decent-sized house? Doesn't really matter as they're bigger on the inside. Haven't been to the jumps with "biggus dickus" size multiplier perks yet, though.

>>52964664
Why about something specific, or overall? Though the answer is probably going to be because jump-chan and/or my jumper thought it would be funny.
>>
>>52965989
Not necessarily. Sure, for stuff like Harry Potter where there's not really much deviance in raw power and it's more about skill, it'd be crazier to have the 50 multiplier. But look at stuff like DC, Marvel, Fate, Negima and so on, where even being near the top entails a lot more then a few dozen times as much power as a beginner, then the latter becomes waaaay crazier.
>>
>>52963715
Oh, shit, Negima.

Need to check back up on UQ Holder. Haven't really it in a while.

>>52964278
Usually just some form of rock. Usually classic soft rock or metal.
>>
>>52966031
how goes marvel magic?
>>
>>52966022
Why your jump-chan would give a child-sized starship. But fair enough.
>>
File: Crona 11.jpg (90KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 11.jpg
90KB, 800x1131px
>>52965925
Well, that definitely sounds like it works then, now anon just needs to be good at seduction. I thought seduction made it clear what he wanted to do with the computer.

>>52965872
I think Yggdrasil is still intelligent, just doesn't really have the feelings other things have. Least if I'm remembering correctly. Would it work on stuff like that or just inanimate technology?
>>
>>52966042
Haven't done shit since my last WIP because I've had exams this week and next.

After that I'm going to get back on it.
>>
>Go to A Practical Guide to Evil.
>Be a Hero and gets Hero's training from the Callowan origin.
>Have your aspects be Learn, Mentor, and Proclaim.

>You are an unstoppable Hero mage that can literally learn 2 and 1/2 a months knowledge in a day or nearly 2 years in a single day if you have a 'Great Evil' to oppose. You'd require only a month to become the best mortal magician in the series. Anyone you teach likely will develop skills at a ridiculous rate as well.

Also earn the undying hatred of Black who would go out of the way to kill you and anyone you teach. The rest of the Calamities would help, especially Assassin.
>>
>>52966079
from the perk
>Youhaveaknackforallformsoftechnology,andespeciallythekindthatthinks. Sentientornot,youcanconvincedevicestooperateforyouinsteadoftheirregisteredorpassworded owners.
>>
>>52964042

It's basically a strong gravitational singularity
>>
>>52966084
Good Luck on your exams! I hope you do well.
>>
File: tmnt-group.png (479KB, 917x518px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-group.png
479KB, 917x518px
Some more previews of the TMNT perks.

Outside of a perk for drop-in I have the ideas for most of the perk trees. Let me know if you guys have any comments or advice.

https://pastebin.com/umwZx3bi

>Inb4 no penis enlargement pills.
>>
>>52966079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdvNYHoB5qk

I think what Anon is going for is at about 14:40.
>>
File: 1487225172404.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487225172404.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>52964278
I'm usually blasting my eardrums with the relevant OST of what I'm working on, sometimes hopping between songs depending on what theme or character I'm focusing on at the time.

M: CoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhofiOs3ass

Thunderbolt Fantasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcYz91OyplA

Jumpchain in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7HsJ8yb9gk

That last one is a guilty pleasure, but I will forever be distressed at how thematically appropriate Decade is to Jumpchain. It doesn't help he's effectively a local Jumper himself. I just wish his show didn't make me want to bash my head into concrete.
>>
>>52964278
I probably should do this, although I mostly just have relevant material on hand, like TMNT playing on hulu.

Thanks for the song though, that beat is awesome.
>>
File: Cave's Black Label.jpg (261KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
Cave's Black Label.jpg
261KB, 1280x964px
>>52964278
Touhou music. Usually some remix of Cosmic Mind, Faith is for the Transient People, Love Colored Magic, or Necrofantasia.

... I don't know why, I just like the music. Soothingness is entirely dependent on the scene I'm writing.
>>
>>52963715
I was actually thinking about this just the other day. Did anyone learn Magia Erebea while they were in Negima? And if so, what spells do you absorb for your super modes?
>>
>>52966029
Being 50x stronger than the average magus in Fate will still put you way above anyone who isn't either cheating, from way in the past, or using an entirely different system – or most probably more than one of those. And those shouldn't be taken into account.

In DC, the normal peak isn't Doctor Fate or Mordru or the Wizard Shazam. They're cheating by either being something far beyond human themselves or calling on the power of such a being. The normal peak isn't even Tim Hunter, because he's so far removed as to be something else entirely. The normal peak is basically Zatanna, and at 50x you're at least several times more powerful than her.

Marvel's weird because the big good stuff is mostly drawing on higher beings to begin with and I don't even know how that would interact with Gift.
>>
>>52965615
Eh, it's only six kids. I'm sure we have characters who have murdered more children.
>>
File: KmIGcvz.jpg (121KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
KmIGcvz.jpg
121KB, 600x847px
>>52966171
Thanks, anon.

>>52966243
More importantly, what did you do to convince Eva to teach you?
>>
>>52964278
I have bad issues with daydreaming and thus I am distracted easily when I jumpmake so I can't make anything too interesting but I also can't listen to stuff I don't like

thus, stuff like this or piano music

https://soundcloud.com/ukiyoajibudo/g-o-o-d-n-i-g-h-t-linus-kun
>>
>>52966310
How do you waifu Eva?
>>
>>52966350
Put on a Negi mask.
>>
>>52966350
Be related to Nagi Springfield don't be a massive prick. So like Gift of the Thousand Master and a bit of fanwanking.
>>
>>52966350
Well, the most thorough way would be to[/spoiler] get the Witch of the Rift to take you in, then riding the fluctuations in time to help her when she's young and also being helped by the Witch centuries ago. Just be cool to her and she'll fall hard. Then go back to the present and don't be a 13 year old.[/spoiler]

Failing that, you could try >>52966370 .

Though you might want a Touta mask instead.

Also, just proving that you're as immortal as she is would help a lot. What she really wants is to not lose people in the blink of an eye due to her immortality.
>>
>>52966029
Hey Val, you can upgrade canon Servants beyond what they had there if we have SP left over, right? Can I add Skills that'd make sense, and increase the rank of a Noble Phantasm? Mostly thinking Information Erasure and Knowledge of Respect and Harmony for my Assassin.
>>
Has anyone heard anything about Worm_Anon's progress on Cyberpunk?

On a sort of related note, how come all AGI aren't Godlike after developing sapience?
>>
>>52966588
Yes and yes. You can upgrade them, long as it makes sense. Can't give Excalibur to Musashi Miyamoto or Chinese Martial Arts to Diarmuid, but if you can justify it, you can probably fit it in.
>>
So I've got a question about the Ranma 1/2 jump, specifically the effectiveness of the Breaking Point technique. Will it work normally on conventionally unbreakable materials like Adamantium, will it fail entirely, or will it work only if you have the ridiculously high strength to do damage to it with normal attacks? I'm kind of expecting it to be the last, but hoping it will be the first.

I assume Vibranium would be completely immune just based on how it works.
>>
>>52966682
So, assuming they were summoned under optimal conditions (not by a Jumper, just canon ones) who would you say between Cu, Hercules, or Arturia would be the most badass and powerful Servant?
>>
>>52966682
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>52966716
Well, it works by finding the planes of cleavage internal to an object and focusing force along them. So it depends on the material, I think. The closest real-world equivalent to Adamantium is metallic glass, so it's likely molecularly amorphous and can't be broken that way. Other super-strong materials might be breakable, though.
>>
>>52966718
Ignoring Stange Fakes infinite Herc wank probably still Herc. He'd be a Karna tier dude.
>>
>>52966718
It'd probably be fairly close, but IIRC age and fame both contribute to strength. Heracles might be marginally better because of age, while Cu might be the weakest due to lack of fame.
>>
So what are all the fantasy JRPG jumps we have?

>Fire Emblems
>Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, 1, Type-0, Crystal Chronicles, 6-15
>Tales of... Vesperia, Symphonia, Phantasia
>SMT, DeSu 1/2, DDS, Persona
>Chrono Trigger

Any more that I missed?
>>
Would I be able to use Anima summoning with Seeker of Names to summon Servants temporarily in other things without a Grail?
>>
>>52966822
Not really, but you added a few. For example, I don't know you put any Final Fantasy besides 1 and Tactics Advanced on the list when they don't exist. Also, arguably Bravely Default counts, if not as a Final Fantasy, then as a JRPG.
>>
File: Lily6.jpg (113KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Lily6.jpg
113KB, 850x1280px
>>52966718
Depends on what you mean by optimal really. In their most suitable class? I'll run with the idea that they have a strong master, no practical limits on how much energy they're expending (So basically just Ilya) and are in their canon classes, since that's where we actually know.

Canon classes of Lancer, Berserker and Saber would likely be a Saber victory if we stick with the bullshit of her taking out multiple of Hercules lives with powerful enough attacks. If we don't Hercules probably outlasts her.

If we go with their best classes, which I believe is Saber or Lancer for Cu, Archer for Herc and Saber for Arturia, it's probably Herc who wins. Cu has a lot of stuff but he suffers a lot by how spread it is over his potential classes and Arturia isn't any stronger. Herc loses some stats, still has good ones, but gains a lot of really good NPs in return. I'd say it'd still be quite close, even Cu gives a good showing, but I do believe Hercules wins out.

If we go with the most powerful interpretation of each possible within Fate, Saber wins because plot says fuck you (And her uber powerful NPs of planet safety)

Personally, my favourite and most badass remains Saber. Cool as the guys are, they just don't have that inspiring feeling that Saber gives me whenever I see the Excalibur scene in Fate Zero.
>>
>>52966797
>>52966806
Huh, I guess Heracles really is a scary dude.

What about their living versions? Those were supposedly way more stronk than the Servant version, right?
>>
>>52966876
Fucking really? You're going to make a Dies Irae jump? That's a load of crap. Hopefully you leave before then.
>>
>>52966876
>they just don't have that inspiring feeling that Saber gives me whenever I see the Excalibur scene in Fate Zero.
Is that what made you a Saber fangirl?
>>
File: Nep nep and Dogoo.jpg (576KB, 4092x2893px) Image search: [Google]
Nep nep and Dogoo.jpg
576KB, 4092x2893px
>>52966822
Baten Kaitos Origins is... probably fantasy.
Neptunia's also probably fantasy.

Pretty sure both are JRPG, but I'm not sure if that means anything other than "RPG made in japan, and also, linear storyline and predetermined characters." and I'm not sure how much of that explanation's true.
>>
>>52966889
At this point I really think you are legitimately retarded. He didn't even mention it in his post yet you shitpost anyway because you couldn't find anything else to target. Can you become any more pathetic?
>>
File: 1465604596669.jpg (27KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1465604596669.jpg
27KB, 268x268px
>>52966861
>they don't exist.
...Anon, I'm looking right at them? And thanks for reminding me of Bravely Default, I guess. Which reminded me of Neptunia.
>>
>>52966876
That reminds me, what are the plans for Hollow Ataraxia?
>>
>>52966889
Merry Christmas man
>>
>>52966880
IIRC the living versions were a lot weaker, but had access to all their skills and abilities. Then again, legends made more of those and strengthened those too. So probably not.
>>
>>52966929
Hey, can you answer >>52966846 please?
>>
File: Saber42.jpg (19KB, 485x273px) Image search: [Google]
Saber42.jpg
19KB, 485x273px
>>52966912
Yeah, that and a whole lot of other things from SN, Zero and other properties that make me admire Saber. Always found it funny that despite Urobuchi shitting all over her in Zero, Zero's kind of what really cemented my view of her as the perfect knight and king.

But yeah, in the end, that one scene with Irisviel's voice over and the Sword of Promised Victory OST, just can't beat it. Still my favourite moment in the franchise.

>>52966889
A Surprise Attack! Too bad I've got my towel with me. You'll find no purchase here fiend!
>>
>>52966929
Can Powerful Soul shift ki production from other jumps into your soul?
>>
File: Saber34.jpg (239KB, 850x2014px) Image search: [Google]
Saber34.jpg
239KB, 850x2014px
>>52966940
Thinking I miiiiight try and do a sort of part 2 to FSN? I'm not sure if I'd be able to but I would like to try. Probably wouldn't be able to do the same origins but I'd like to be able to link them together since it'd be slotting in a year or so after FSN begins.

Maybe I could have a set of origins for HA and then have a set of perks that synergize with a perk or two from each origin in FSN.

Anyway, it's a fair way off but if you really want to go now, you can still just let canon happen in FSN and join in HA after a years time in the FSN jump. It's just if you wait there'll eventually be stuff to buy for it.
>>
>>52966880
Living versions of servants weren't constrained by the class card system. Hercules for example would have his Berserker strength alongside his mad skillz.

>>52966950
It really depends on the servant and how much they lose from their class. People like Hercules and Cu lose a lot more then someone like Shakespeare from only having one of their ability sets. They also have to keep track of power expenditure a lot more carefully because they need energy to live.
>>
File: 1410132129121.png (369KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1410132129121.png
369KB, 500x500px
>>52966175
So umm with the mutant background (it's going to be a background of its own right?) could we be that fancy smancy mutant super shredder if we invest the points enough? How expensive will the cannon companion option be?
Will the mutant tree allow us to be 'incurable' which is to say the mutation is super stable and having an easier time attaining safer/useful future mutations?

How does the 2012 series compare to the 2003 version? 2003 was a wild ride of good to great to shit with a huge range of settings and tones. Does 2012 compare?
>>
>>52966958
I prefer to avoid ruling on interjump interactions when I haven't made both jumps.

So... Ask Val. [/shoves problem onto someone else].

That being said, I don't see any conceptual reasons why not? But I don't know enough about the Throne of Heroes to point anything out.

>>52966985
Perks generalize. So yes, if you produce Ki and have the perk, you can make it be produced entirely by your soul.
>>
>>52966929
Thanks.
>>
File: CFW Magic.png (796KB, 1280x880px) Image search: [Google]
CFW Magic.png
796KB, 1280x880px
>>52967037
FFff- forgot pic.
>>
File: JC13.jpg (7KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC13.jpg
7KB, 187x400px
>>52966950
>>52966880

It's...kinda confusing, actually? In theory the Servants are supposed to be pale shadows of the heroes they once were, the originals benig people who made a name for themselves in the Age of the Gods WITHOUT a lifetime's worth of crystalised miracles. In practice, all kinds of weird bullshit (got your legend confused with someone else's, died doing something so awesome it turned into an EX, got summoned in your home country, got summoned into a super buff class etc.) can make the Servant much buffer and let them do things they never could when alive.

For example, I'm ALMOST CERTAIN even the Nasuverse version of Hans Christian Anderson wans't a reality warping bluenette shota voiced by Dio Brando. Until that business with the Moon Cell.

And apparently Leonardo da Vinci took advantage of Servanthood to redesign his body to look like the Mona Lisa.

And Semiramis bagged herself a goddamn hovering magitech fortress within which she's akin to a buffer Medea and outside which she's practically helpless. All because history confused her legend with Babylon's hanging gardens.

Basically it's all over the place, but broadly speaking-the kind of Servants who're considered powerful even by Servant standards, are the ones who were stronger living than as spirits.
>>
>>52967008
So, uh, hey Val. >>52967037
>>
File: tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao1_500.png (173KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooz7j5dMK21qzotjao1_500.png
173KB, 500x255px
>>52964278
I've got a playlist of songs from the game and various heist movies.
>>
What would result in giving a solar twilight exalt a strong spark from girl genius?
>>
>>52967037
Creative Mode:^)
>>
>>52967069
MAGISCIENCE!
>>
>>52967054
>Nasuverse version of Hans Christian Anderson wans't a reality warping bluenette shota voiced by Dio Brando. Until that business with the Moon Cell.
I'm gonna need some more context here.
>>
I know this is dangerous to ask given the shitlord, but what exactly is Dies Irae that people are excited about it? I'm having trouble finding specifics about it online, just that it's a visual novel series about Nazi wizards time-traveling to modern Japan. There appears to be some weird stuff with conceptual magic and universes born from the soul, but that's actually kind of generic when it comes to visual novels at this point so I'm not getting many details.
>>
>>52967008
Nah, I was just curious. That sounds neat.
>>
>>52967069
You're asking what happens if you give a crazy mad scientist a power that makes them a crazy mad scientist. It's like asking what happens if you set a fire on fire. No one's going to notice anything different.
>>
File: Saber30.jpg (221KB, 850x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Saber30.jpg
221KB, 850x1227px
>>52967065
Oh, gosh, you see, inter jump interactions like that when I haven't made both jumps, so bad for my skin and stuff.

You'll have to find someone else to help you out my dear, I'm afraid it's just not possible.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I don't know how Anima summoning works.If you can summon things from other dimensions and can afford the hefty cost of summoning and maintaining a Servant, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

>>52967104
Most people only know it because of it's reputation on VS thread power levels bullshit. Personally, I'm making it because for all I can find, it's like mixing Fate and Hellsing into the same game, with some pretty lovely to read writing too.
>>
>>52967126
Erm, to clarify that statement, you'd be summoning the base servant spirit, not anything to do with the rest of the system like classes and the like. So it'd probs be a fair bit different from the normal Servant.
>>
File: I'll deal with it later.png (159KB, 405x442px) Image search: [Google]
I'll deal with it later.png
159KB, 405x442px
>>52967092
Hans Christian Anderson is a weird fuckin Servant because public perception of him was twisted by people's imagination as they read his stories. Unlike other Servants, he's also got the "Innocent Monster" Skill which twists his image further.

His stories are for children, therefor he's associated with children (even if he has a man voice), he's got patches of scales because he wrote the little mermaid and so on and so forth. The blue hair is probably the only normal thing from his old life since hair color seems able to run the spectrum in Type Moon materials.

The reality warping thing is his NP, which is his unfinished manuscript with really strange effects that allow him to basically bolster someone into their "ideal self" a "leading character." That being said, it has so many drawbacks associated with it that you'd probably be better off without being targeted without a niche set of circumstances.
>>
File: JC3.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
JC3.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>52967069
...well, they'd gain Limit (mental damage significant enough to accrete towards triggering the Great Curse) more frequently. This is a bad thing.

Come to think of it, there's a non-zero chance them Limit Break might coincide with them going to their special Sparky place. Which is a /bad thing/ because you're taking sociopathy and/or histrionics, and throwing mad science into the breakdown.

>>52967092
In Extra/CCC, his summoning was apparently warped by popular perception of him as a fairy tale author. So he looks like a kid. Even though he has the mind of a cynical, repressed Victorian. And for reasons that are never really made clear other than MAYBE his fame as an author enhancing him somewhat, he has EX rank mana and a rank C Noble Phantasm that practically grants wishes based on his excitement as a writer. Which his master exploits by hijacking the Moon Cell to power it up, and then using it to wish herself into being a succubus goddess bodhisattva antichrist.

And, well...he's voiced by Dio Brando's VA. So there.

>>52967126
As far as I can tell, it's about the Nazis and the Soviets fighting WW2 by summoning 13 wielders of 13 Lances of Longinus?

It...almost sounds like Hellboy without the eldritch abomations.
>>
>>52967126
>>52967145
Fair enough, thanks.

I'm not exactly that familiar with Anima summoning either, but from what I can gather it's whole schtick is summoning things from other dimensions and it can apparently already interact with legendary heroes to make you into a semi-Demi-Servant with Noble Phantasms and everything. And I'm pretty sure it continues to work between jumps?

As for the cost, I have a huge mana pool and Infinity, so I assume I can manage that.

But if it's summoning their soul directly, I wonder if I'd need the Third Magic to actually give them a body isntead of just having a ghost hanging around or if Anima summoning could take care of that. Hey >>52967037 sorry to bother you again, but can you help.ke out with this part?
>>
File: Hans4.png (285KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Hans4.png
285KB, 512x724px
>>52967092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJixlzL4INo
>>
File: Special HDD.jpg (78KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Special HDD.jpg
78KB, 1280x800px
>>52967077
The only challenges I actually like are the ones that just mess with how imports work, and that's because I actually write snippets and those 'give' me more flexibility in how to do so.

>>52967126
For what it's worth, Summoners have a summoning type called Incarnation, which is basically temporarily turning into a demi-servant. You summon a legendary hero or villain's spirit, let it possess you, then borrow it's legendary skills and weapons.

>>52967232
Summoning in Anima works on spirits, yes. I don't think it actually gives them a body though. Most of them have the ability to materialize as part of being a spirit, but it's not ubiquitous- spirits can be made without that ability.
>>
>>52967222
>Which his master exploits by hijacking the Moon Cell to power it up, and then using it to wish herself into being a succubus goddess bodhisattva antichrist.
Is this the thing where the giant demon chick shoves the world in her vagina?
>>
File: Alter6.jpg (125KB, 850x634px) Image search: [Google]
Alter6.jpg
125KB, 850x634px
>>52967232
Ugh, really? Another one of these summoning across jumps crapshoots. NGNL was bad enough.

>>52967253
Neat for Anima I guess.
>>
>>52967302
We actually have a lot of those these days. NGNL, Kamigawa, Nanoha, Anima, etc. Not sure what your probably with them is, really.
>>
File: Neps Internally.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Neps Internally.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
>>52967302
>>52967232

I should clarify that the "Summoning across jumps" is that it's allowed to reach back into Anima and access Anima summons/Great Beasts/Aeons, not that it can summon from any arbitrary given jump while you're not in it.
>>
>>52967302
It's more limited than NGNL or Samurai Jack's summoning abilities, prevents the "fuck companion limits, I can cheat them using Infinity and summoning" stuff.
>>
>>52967331
Oh, yeah, that solves my problem with it totally actually. Kudos.
>>
File: Chomp.jpg (70KB, 717x678px) Image search: [Google]
Chomp.jpg
70KB, 717x678px
>>52964278
Bit late, but I'll throw my hat into the ring. Right now I've been listening to

When making builds/writing for my chain, it kind of differs depending on what the theme of the setting is. But more often than none I'll find myself falling back to Shinedown or stuff from Masterplan, Avantasia and stuff from the Cirque du Soleil troupe. All stuff to invoke various sorts of feelings and get me in some kind of mindset or invoke feelings that are more 'me' to so speak. A few things from Disturbed's latest albums or Volbeat and Five Finger Death Punch are also fukkin' amazing.

For making jumps themselves it relies on the theme. If it's magical stuff, I pick things that 'sound' magical or mystical. If it's scary shit, I'll take a dive into Dark Souls/Bloodborne music to get the idea of a person fighting against some fucked up stuff. Happy settings get a nice, heavy dose of Tenacious D.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>52967331
Oh. Well that sucks and completely ruins my plans.

Oh well.
>>
>>52967340
>It's more limited than... Samurai Jack's summoning abilities
Mmm... not really. Samurai Jack's "Summoning" works by absorbing a slain foe's essence/soul and using magic to manifest it to fight for you.
>>
File: Dead.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Dead.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>52967358
>tfw I didn't finish my first sentence
FUCK ME, I meant to say I'm listening to Miracle of Sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ZGqJJTA7k
>>
File: jc2.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>52967275
That's the one. Kiara Sessyoin: Buddhist cultist, soul hacker, devourer of digitised deities with an inhuman view of human salvation aaaaaand my master for that jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiG4xwNWdk

Oh, and now there is apparently non-zero chance she'll show up in the next few GO installments.

>>52967385
>Miracle of Sound

They're still around? I stopped paying attention after Commander Shepard.
>>
>>52967381
Yes, which is still more limited than Anima's, because it can only summon things from the Anima universe.
>>
>>52967340
Yeah, but really though. Fuck companion limits. I'm trying to have adventures with friends, not lock them up in stasis for arbritry periods of times.
>>
>>52967397
>They're still around? I stopped paying attention after Commander Shepard.
You're an idjit is what you are.
>>
>>52967331

Though it would still work on things in the current jump though, right?
>>
>>52967404
Yeah, Quicksilver didn't really think things through very well. It's not much of a surprise he couldn't mentally handle it when people suddenly stopped treating him as their God-King. Honestly, it's kinda sad. Tragic, even.
>>
>>52967404
Then just houserule that you don't have companion limits. You don't have to use these convoluted combos to get around things you don't like, this is a game of the imagination. The only reason to not houserule is because you want to talk to other people in this thread about your hundreds of companions without anyone expressing disapproval, and your dumb powergaming combos get you disapproval anyways.
>>
>>52967377
I mean, you can probably still use it to summon a Heroic Spirit while you're in Fate/Stay Night (assuming that it works on heroic spirits, I mean), but you won't be able to use it to do so while you're in, say, God of Highschool. The ruling's just so that you can make a pact with Kirin in Anima, then go to Worm, and not go, "Wait, so what the hell was the point of that?" Basically, it's so that the powers you picked up in Anima still work as advertised when you're out of the jump, instead of suddenly turning useless because there's nothing to summon.
>>
>>52967462
I like that perk that makes you count for an Invocation's requirements even if you don't really, makes pacting with Kirin funny. "Shit, why am I supporting this guy again? He totally just lost that fight, I shouldn't like him anymore. Weird. Well, I guess I'll ignore it for now."
>>
>>52967460
I'm a deeply broken and autistic person with a need to do things in a "legit" way instead of just hand waving things.
>>
>>52967460
That's what I'm doing desu. I have no desire to discuss my chain with anyone in this thread anyway. Really, If I weren't a victim of stockholm syndrome I would have quit browsing /jc/ long ago.
>>
>>52967484
Achieving goals within the framework of choices presented to you is the point of playing a CYOA in the first place. If you were just going to handwave everything, jumpchain is pointless and you should stick to writing self insert fanfiction.
>>
File: hello dark souls my old friend.jpg (19KB, 208x362px) Image search: [Google]
hello dark souls my old friend.jpg
19KB, 208x362px
Some of you have had more than one Chain, so how'd the others end? How many were Bad Ends?
>>
>>52967549
Sure, if you're going to handwave everything. But we're talking about changing a single rule.
>>
File: Crona 8.png (725KB, 1279x725px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 8.png
725KB, 1279x725px
>>52967555
I got bored pretty much every single time. No longer feeling the chain. Shelved it. Called it there. Current chain is probably my favorite ever because I'm explicitly trying to make myself happy instead of miserable.
>>
>>52967404
Quicksilver pretty much ruined everything he touched. Yours is not a rare sentiment.
>>
>>52967585
And I could understand that if you were doing something that's otherwise impossible, like saying that each new world gets added on to an expanding multiverse instead of being separate, but if you can do something by the rules anyway why not just do it the legitimate way?
>>
File: Blanc Reading.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blanc Reading.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
>>52967445
In case I didn't make this clear, yes. It works for exactly 2 jumps at all times:
The jump you're currently in when activating it.
Anima.

That's it.

>>52967482
It's a lot of fun, yes.
>>
Besides purchasing 4 ranks of Sense in the bodymod, how would I be able to percieve stuff outside of the normal spectrum, for example infrared, high frequencies, or heat. Preferably in one jump.
>>
>>52967658
Super vision powers like in Young Justice, Incredibles, Avengers EMH, S:tAS, and Tortall.
>>
File: 1378092445812.jpg (46KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
1378092445812.jpg
46KB, 419x600px
>>52967606
Oh, you poor thing, is that what happened? Well then, show me on the doll where the bad fox touched you.
>>
>>52967698
anon, no

that's voodoo
>>
File: i don't get it.gif (324KB, 253x118px) Image search: [Google]
i don't get it.gif
324KB, 253x118px
How big is Nomanisan Island anyway?
>>
>>52967457
He was short sighted, and his jumps were far from perfect. Remember when The original run of DBZ was supposed to badly outclass anything you could do? And small arms fire was supposed to always be a deadly threat?
He thought it would be a dozen low power jumps, tops.
>>
>>52967724
Pretty fucking big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5v2qBBD-gE
>>
>>52967724
Roughly person sized.
>>
>>52967638
Blanc is best girl.
>>
>>52967695
Looks like I'll take Sense 4 anyway, it has all of that stuff and more in a neat package. Thanks anyway.
>>
File: Waifu Nepgear.jpg (156KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu Nepgear.jpg
156KB, 960x544px
>>52967745
To be fair, I /strongly/ doubt anyone would go into making a CYOA thinking, "Hey, you know what's going to happen when I make this? We're going to have 700 versions and 1470 threads over three years!" Better come up with rules that can handle that!

>>52967759
I am understanding of your heathen ways and judge you not though you do not see the light of Planeptune's little sister. This is why there are four nations, after all, that each may remain in the nation of the one who is, to them, Best Girl. [/joking]
>>
>>52967555
I got tired of how purely autistic-wish-fulfillment they were turning out, and decided to come up with a better system for coming up with writing prompts. One of my companions died because I got cocky. So it's looking pretty good.
>>
>>52967750
Woah. You think it'd be enough for multiple towns?
>>
>>52967792
This isn't SB. We don't hand out "likes" just for (poorly) making an attempt at "humour".
>>
>>52964034
Go to school.
Harem shenanigans.
>>
What should I do with 55 basic lands?
>>
>>52967792
>To be fair, I /strongly/ doubt anyone would go into making a CYOA thinking, "Hey, you know what's going to happen when I make this? We're going to have 700 versions and 1470 threads over three years!" Better come up with rules that can handle that!
That's more or less what I was trying to say.
>>
where can I get a steady supply of cadavers without digging people up or killing them? anywhere to buy something like that in a jump?
>>
>>52967857
Demon cooks in Exalted have a technique to cut someone in a way that leaves behind their corpse even though the person isn't harmed. Demon nobles use it to eat their own bodies.

So learn to summon the kind of demon who can do that.
>>
File: 4 Goddesses Online.jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4 Goddesses Online.jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
>>52967851
Ah, apologies for misunderstanding.
>>
File: Racewiththedemon23.png (684KB, 910x514px) Image search: [Google]
Racewiththedemon23.png
684KB, 910x514px
>>52967034
You will be able to be a mutant with any background but that is only a basic option where you are a conventional animal hybrid and fairly mundane with your abilities. The background represents crazier mutants and abilities and taking the background gives discounts, but won't actually restrict buying them.

Same with interstellar and alien races, if you want to be a salamandrian raised by the Foot go ahead. But Interstellar itself represents a life in the greater galactic community.

Canon companion will probably be somewhat cheap. I may put Splinter and Shredder behind mini-scenarios for fun though.

And I enjoy the hell out of it, but many fans simply thought it was too out of the box for a turtles show, or hated some of the new elements like Donnie's crush.
>>
File: I can deal with this.jpg (17KB, 310x299px) Image search: [Google]
I can deal with this.jpg
17KB, 310x299px
>>52967857
I believe that got brought up during one of our beginning of the thread Jump talks! I think Universal Monsters has a lab supplied with human parts and stuff.
>>
>>52967834
Probably, yeah. A few small towns, or maybe one small city (or a large town? I don't know exactly where the cut-off point is)?
>>
>>52967842
Failed your exams?
>>
>>52967848

If the radiance of fifty-five squirrels
were to burst into the field
that would be like
the splendor of the Mighty One
I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds.
>>
>>52967912
Your apology and neps is accepted. My apologies to you for communicating poorly.
>>
File: donnie demon.jpg (30KB, 630x524px) Image search: [Google]
donnie demon.jpg
30KB, 630x524px
>>52967920
Forgot my tag. Gives me an excuse to post this pic though.
>>
>>52967658
Neon Genesis Evangelion, the Pattern Blue item called Extranormal Senses.
>>
>>52967034
>Will the mutant tree allow us to be 'incurable' which is to say the mutation is super stable and having an easier time attaining safer/useful future mutations?

oh and thanks for reminding me of this. This is a thing in the series but I completely forgot about it.

*scribbles in notes*
>>
>>52967658
You can make up your own powers with Miscellaneous Meta from PS238.
>>
What are some "spy-thriller" settings in a similar vein as True Lies?
>>
>>52967658
go mantis shrimp in sly Cooper. They can see the entire spectrum.
>>
>>52968221
Archer
>>
>>52967397
It's heavily implied she's the reason EMIYA Alter exists, but this is just going off of speculation given how he talks about a woman with a cult in his lines.

If that is the reason EMIYA Alter exists then boy oh boy is Doctor's Companion Nika gonna...probably not hate Kiara, but a very strong desire to punch her, at least.
>>
>>52968264
>They can see the entire spectrum.
Unless they can see gamma rays, no they can't.
Fuck off Tera
>>
>>52967555
I just shelve my chains. Only chain I really ended was my very first. It was a happy way where my jumper just lived peacefully with their spouses. I don't have the heart to end my other chains, and especially not bad end stuff.
>>
File: 1490423708604.gif (228KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490423708604.gif
228KB, 540x540px
>Destroyer of Worlds, Jumper! What is reflected in her eyes as she crosses the infinite worlds…?

Jump 24: Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Origin: Drop-In
Music:
Attuned
The Song of Your Heart
Signature Genre: METAL [900]
Perks:
Calling Card
Optimism
Unfathomable Lesbian Subtext
Everything is Just Fine! [800]
Beef Stroganoff! [700]
Reach Out [500]
Forbidden to Die [300]

Items:
Gear - The Lance of Longinus [100]
Implanted Relic [0]
Bed For Two [0]

Drawbacks:
The Tuition is Cheap Here! [300]
Easily Bullied [50]

A few things went wrong not long after my discovery. In the ten minutes it took for me to calm down, Voyager Industires got slapped with several thousand lawsuits for theft, fraud, and tax evasion as though we hadn't paid our taxes in several centuries. This is outrageously irresponsible for what's supposed to be a self-sufficient company, so it was probably the 'price' the world was making me pay this time around. So I was now a poorfag.

I only vaguely remember what the events of Symphogear are supposed to actually be about, so I figured I would just let things roll along while I did some low-level superhero work. This had become such a cut-and-dry affair to me that I never imagined things would ever need my involvement, and I could leave everything to Hibiki.

At least until Finch tried to murder her.

Bastion alerted me to the presence of Slowdown particles not far from the school, which got a shock out of me. Quickly equipped a Shift Car, I found Hibiki surrounded by Noise causing the effect. With her caught in the lag zone, she couldn't move or transform to fight them. Forcing me to transform with the blatant alien technology, a tiny toy scar, strapped to my waist. So I got to be the big damn hero, except now I was immediately revealed to have a Relic and got sucked into the plot.
>>
>>52968547
I tried to look cool by saying I was just an Anon that was passing through, but all I did was look silly. I got a crash course in fighting in my new body, too. I had grossly underestimated the importance of muscle-to-weight distribution before. Never again will I do so.

Hope didn't mind the change very much, or that we were now being roped into helping the other Symphogear users. She got along great with everyone, actually, which was refreshing since we still hadn't managed to get her a form that wasn't the Bat Roidmude. She was still flirting with me the entire time, too. Which was also awkward.

The less said about the unpleasant adjustment period, the better.

Anyways, the plot of Symphogear went pretty similarly, except now Evil Doc Brown was also trying to kill Hibiki and derail the plot as violently as possible, and for safety reasons myself and the other girls had to walk around with tiny toy cars strapped to our legs. Truly, this is the fanfiction to surpass all fanfiction.

Then he teamed up with Fine. And then Dr. Ver. And then any other villain he could weasel his way into an alliance with. Metal Corgi and Wizard Bear were there to stonewall me from doing much, and while I had fought them before, I got an unpleasant surprise - my Driver did not play nice with the Relic in my body, and I couldn't have both transformations active at the same time. It had a lot to do with my anxiety of the situation making the Drive System malfunction and the huge influx of mixing energies. Yet I needed the Relic to fight Noise, which they used in abundance as mooks. In short, I wasn't fighting at my full effectiveness, which was a PRETTY huge problem.
>>
>>52967658
Kryptonian from Superman the Animated Series should do it.

Maybe if you chose the right animal type for a Faunus form in RWBY you could get a few more, like heat sight as a Viper Faunus or something.

KotOR (and possibly the other Star Wars jumps) have Togruta which have innate echolocation.

All Star Wars settings have the Force, and I'm pretty sure with it you can learn Force Sight even if it's not one of the abilities you can buy with CP.

A lot of settings with magic and/or ki have ways for you to learn to sense them. Many settings also have the ability to see ghosts/spirits.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the Marvel jumps has a Sidey-sense for purchase.

Naruto has Sharingan and Byakugan which can see chakra and some other stuff. Rinnegan can too, but I don't think it can see more than Sharingan/as much as Byakugan, pretty sure it's just an upgrade in a pure personal power level sort of sense.

Gravity Falls has a perk to let you see who would be a good match for who.

That's about all the extra/expanded senses I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>52968564
I got my fair share of injuries, to the point both the other Symphogears and my companions had to hold me back from hurting myself further. But this battle was what I needed. More than that, I needed to stop Finch once and for all. It didn't matter if he'd somehow cheat death again - he was becoming a more dangerous and vicious foe as time went on. And I was vindicated when he unveiled his latest invention:

Roidmude-Noise.

Unkillable without the Drive System, unstoppable without a Relic, they were a sentient, thinking and capable killing machine…and Finch made an entire batch of them, unleashing them on the school and the city in an act of spite for me. People by the dozens and then the hundreds were reduced to charcoal, completely helpless in the Slowdown field. Bastion reluctantly cooperated with the authorities to make a Drive System usable by Relic systems, and managed to rush out a prototype to my own Driver: The Melody Driver. Together, and with assistance from Shift Cars and whatever backup we could manage, we managed to beat them back.

Kind of a shame I took pretty significant nerve damage from the crossed wires of the prototype. My cyborg limbs still worked, but I could barely walk or put any real pressure on my torso without getting a healthy dose of PURE FUCKING AGONY. It finally happened. I had permanently damaged my body from the constant strain and stress, and while it would be back to normal next jump, I didn't have that kind of time.

I had to pass on my technology to someone. A companion? Hibiki? Someone else…?
>>
>>52968597
Oh, and for a Faunus form, a lot of types of fish have lateral lines, which provide an extra sense for stuff like vibration and water pressure, and I think(possibly only in some fish, like sharks) bioelectric fields of other living beings.
>>
>>52968696
I'm just kind of curious how the rest of your allies reacted to your injury. Going from celebrating the defeat of the Roidmude-Noise Hybrids to horror at what happened to you must have given them emotional whiplash.
>>
>>52968740
Are there fish Faunus? I know there's a scorpion now.
>>
>>52968761
There's also a chameleon faunus, so it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
Crusader Kings
Feudal-150 . Unfortunately, the best option
Germanic technically I am one
learning
rolling for location Roll(1d8)+0:5,+0Total:5 Cangas de Onís enemies on both sides , looks will have to be aggressive about conquering territory and converting folks.
Dedicated student free for learning
Salacious scholar-300 discounted for learning. This is wonderful
duty and honor, free hell yes! Let us enlighten and guide these poor people!
Runestones-100 . This is awesome . But this is a lot of boulders.
Duchy -300 discount feudal how does that line of succession work again? Hey Deathmark, get to work.
Large church -150 could really use a stipend for this section
The plan:Dr.Steel - Build the Robots.mp3 now that the obligatory is out-of-the-way use my violence into total change perks, societal engineering perks, pre-existing super-armies and public works which are actually first Circle demons constantly performing social attacks to create an ideal Europe.
>>
I saw in the previous thread that worm was 'solved.' What does that mean, exactly?
>>
>>52968761
At first I (and I'm pretty sure most fans) thought there were only Faunus of mammals, but given we've seen named characters with Scorpion and Chameleon parts, and background characters with various scales I think we can now assume all animals are allowed, even cold-blooded ones. Presumably fish faunus can't breathe underwater unless their animal trait is gills though, and if it is we have no idea if they'd only be able to breathe water or if they'd be like Aqualad from Young Justice.
>>
>>52968754
>>52968696
My friends and companions were distraught, putting it mildly. Hope begged me not to let myself get hurt like that anymore, saying 'humans can't be repaired like I can'. Lucas didn't say much. Bastion ended up sitting in the room in sentry form, as if to reassure me I was in safe hands. I mean, I was safe as I could feel with several toy cars, a gatling gun robot, and a bird in the same room as me. It's the thought that counts.

My allies in this world were just as distraught, and the atmosphere was uneasy after Finch had revealed his latest weapon and had caused a massacre for what looked like no reason at all. After all, I had just been the mysterious and helpful senpai to the group up to this point, hadn't I? Seeing me like this after that turn of events was more than a little discouraging.

I felt that I owed it to Hibiki for all the trouble I had caused her and the others, giving her the completed Melody Driver and the relevant Shift Cars, if only so the others wouldn't be caught flat-footed again. So I made the already hot-blooded lesbian protagonist a Kamen Rider on top of being a magical girl. I understand I shouldn't cross the streams, but damn it, it's necessary!

For the remainder of the jump I acted like a mentor and an advisor figure, like Krim would have for Shinnosuke back in Kamen Rider, all while going into Top Gear and figuring out what Finch or company's latest scheme was. I ended up being support, basically. Though the 'needing a specific emotion' part of the system was problematic, once she could access the power-ups, she turned out to be a natural. I guess those training montages paid off.

The final showdown with Finch never happened. One day he just…disappeared after Hibiki foiled his latest scheme. His efforts became weaker and weaker as time went on, and then he just vanished without a trace.
>>
File: 1487645958319.gif (649KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487645958319.gif
649KB, 400x225px
>>52969120
…even though we managed to pull through in the end, and the Melody Driver was a success, this didn't feel like a complete victory. Finch would be back, and his ambitions would be just as deranged as before, if not more so.

But, the happy ending of this world is preserved. And I'm sure the others will be able to face the challenges that lie ahead.

As for me…I'm just a Jumper that's passing through. Just need to think about what's in the next world and what new foe there is to face.

But now, I have a nemesis both smarter and just as, if not more, vicious than Smile was at his peak.

I just hope it doesn't get worse.
>>
>>52969133
What's next, Destroyer of Worlds?
>>
>>52969133
So I'm turning back to normal next jump, right?...right?!
>>
>>52969133
>As for me…I'm just a Jumper that's passing through.
Row, row, row your boat, Jumper.
>>
>>52969173
You aren't, are you.
>>
>>52967658
Eclipse Phase, though some of the sensory enhancements work better as cybernetics than biomods.
>>
File: 1485835951133.gif (114KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1485835951133.gif
114KB, 170x170px
>>52969171
Not sure yet. I figured this is a good place for a magical girl arc, but I want to save Madoka, Nanoha, and Sailor Moon for later. I'm between Megaman Classic and Jackie Chan Adventures right now.
>>52969183
Soon.
>>52969213
Probably.
>>
>>52969257
Megaman Classic is what I would suggest. Magical Girl adventures in the distant future of 200X!
>>
What are some good perks for mana regen?
>>
>>52969348
Terraria has one in the Mage line, about 1 minute, I believe. FFTA has one, also a minute. Fate/ Stay Night - Realta Nua also has one as the Servant capstone.
>>
What's with the giant mirror in Dragon Age: Inquisition?
>>
>>52969389
Surely that only applies to Terraria mana. I mean, it's only 200 CP.
>>
>>52969501
>Implying people actually waste their time about seperate pools of mana instead of mashing it all together
>>
>>52969501
Not according to the jumpmaker. It apparently works on all mana gained from perks or natural improvement (like Leaky Limiter as opposed to mana capacity potions and the like).
>>
>>52969348
It's a long route, but as I recall Third Magic from Fate/Stay Night can (once fully mastered) allow you to use a ritual that not only makes your soul ascend to a higher plane or something (thus allowing you to survive as only a soul and possess other bodies), but also gives you a mana regeneration rate of Yes.
>>
>>52969527
I don't know man, his explanation was incredibly vague. In this https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50505605/#50508873 thread
First he says
>I'd say both, but it's in percentages of your initial maximum. So, if you have more mana than you, "should," from other perks, it will take longer to recharge.
but a few posts later it's
>After other perks are figured in, including perks gained later.
>>
Where does Final Fantasy Type-0 fit chronologically with the others?
>>
>>52969635
It doesn't.
>>
>>52969646
Is this the "it doesn't exist" meme?
>>
>>52969635
Years years and years before FF XIII, I think?
>>
>>52969635
Final fantasies are self contained with few exceptions. That one doesnt connect.
>>
>>52969658
No, it's a fucking LOSS.
>>
>>52969658
No, Type-0 is mostly separate. It loosely ties into the FFXIII cosmology, but doesn't directly interact with any of the games.
>>
>>52969658
No. Type Zero is literally a side universe which was created as a testing ground by the Fal'Cie when they needed to see how many humans needed to die before they could open the door to Etro. The current kill count numbers at several septillion or something.

Neither time nor space is normal here because the whole thing is a constant loop.
>>
>>52969634
He clarifies it a bit further down.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50505605/#50510070

"Yeah, just artificial ones. Basically, there's items that grant extra mana in Terraria; they don't count. There's also, I believe, potions that grant you temporary extra mana; they don't count either. Anything that artificially enhances your mana doesn't increase your initial maximum; perks aren't artificial, and neither is training."

Note, this is in reference to what counts as your "base". Maybe he just figured out what he wanted to say as he was answering questions? I know I occasionally get questions about things that I didn't think about at all when answering, and start off with a nonsensical answer before further questions help me turn it into something sane.
>>
File: 1488870268892.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488870268892.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>52969257
https://pastebin.com/RRRjD8q2

Alright, just for the recap, this is the complete writechain thus far. I've gotten far enough that I feel comfortable with resuming this chain, and I hope yall are enjoying following it. I'll be busy today, so no further updates for a bit.
>>
File: Read the Lyrics.jpg (221KB, 1057x939px) Image search: [Google]
Read the Lyrics.jpg
221KB, 1057x939px
>>52969679
>LOSS
>>
>>52969635
Well, it's a Something Something Crystallum game (fuck if I'm going to bother remembering that name), so it's loosely tied into the FF13 games. It's in a time-looping parallel dimension, though, and the main series features time travel, so all in all it's actually really hard to tell when it takes place relative to the other games.
>>
>>52969718
Huh, my fault for not reading all the way through. Looks like this makes it the best mana regen perk in the chain, besides stuff like the Third Magic. Might as well drop Dragonheart from my Fate build for that.
>>
>>52969515
No I get that, but I meant more like the portion gained from Terraria.

>>52969527
>>52969634
>>52969718
Well, huh. That's all kinds of bullshit, then.

I... kind of want the perk because there's so few things that directly improve mana regen, but it feels so cheap to get it for, well, so cheap.
>>
>>52969764
Go to The Gamer, then. Mana regen is percentage based, in that. Raise your WIS high enough and you'll be regenerating mana faster than you can spend it. It will feel less cheap because you'll actually need to put in the effort to grind your Wisdom that high.
>>
>>52969764
The perk in terraria is just a multiplier. Its not time based. The one in ffta is one minute, but you have to be doing nothing else at all for it to work.
>>
>>52969764
>there's so few things that directly improve mana regen
There are lots of things that improve mana regen, just not that many perks, and there doesn't need to be that many perks. Most video games like RPGs and MMOs will have something increases regen rate.
>>
I SUMMON YOU ULTRAMAN JUMPAKER
>>
Does this work for a Noble Phantasm?

>[Name] (Anti-Self) (EX Rank)
>Absorbs the mana of any magical effects targeting the user against their will and then adds that mana to the user's own reserves. Any effect below A++ rank is nullified, while effects above A++ are reduced by an amount equivalent to an A++ spell.
>>
File: Ultrmn_Ns_rise.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ultrmn_Ns_rise.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>52969982
You forgot your image.
>>
>>52970008
It's boring and sounds overpowered but is actually pretty weak, so yes.
>>
File: dragon_girl.png (918KB, 652x879px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_girl.png
918KB, 652x879px
>>52970008
Maybe just buy godhand on EX level if you want to resist damage .
>>
>>52970102
It's not just damage resist. Damage resist is the side effect, he's trying to be a mana black hole or something
>>
Is there any way to combine transformation devices that aren't Kamen Rider belts?

Things like Fire Emblem Beaststones or magical girl trinkets?
>>
>>52970102
I'm actually more interested in absorbing mana from magical attacks.

>>52970121
Yeah, basically. The closest thing I can find otherwise is the Atronach Stone from Skyrim and I'd rather have consistency than a 50/50 chance of completely devouring it.
>>
>>52969982
I'm here my man. What's up?
>>
>>52970151
Tee decadriver from Kamen Rider decade upgraded with Kamen Rider Strongest can absorb all transformation devices/power armours/ costumes you possess.
>>
>>52970255
Sounds neat, but getting it sounds like a pain. Guess I'll have to, though.
>>
A question about KSP about companions:

If I fold Bill, Bob, Jeb, and Val into Espirit De Kerbal, does that mean the total Kerbal count is 24, or do the 4 pilots take the place of 4 specialists for a total of 20?

Can I fold Bill, Bob, Jeb, and Val and the 20 from Espirit De Kerbal into We Have Reserves?

I'd love to maximize my Kerbal count that fits into a single companion slot.
>>
>>52970392
There's also an upgrade that makes the transformation it grants into an alt-form instead of a transformation/armor. This allows one to pull off some bullshit.
>>
Are there any jumps for summoning aspects of myself as a Servant? A weaker version of myself, but a version of myself nothingless.

Mainly I want to have shenanigans with a Lily and Alter version of myself. It will be great.
>>
europa universalis
Import save game-0 I've already got a perfect Europe. What else during what I use?
DLC purchase required :^)+100 not an issue, I have plenty of gold jewelry, use that to get back my alchemy powers then use that to get enough gold for the rest of the stuff. I'll start with my immortality and warehouse access.

Philisophe: condition already achieved thanks to the drawback
rolling for location Roll(1d8)+0:6,+0 Total:6 Constantinople. This place is going to get the works.
censorship avoidance -300 heart of the matter time. No one can stop the message.
Paradigm shift-400 hell yes! Need this!discounted for Philisophe
Phenomenology of Jumpchain -400 cheat mode n'ough said discounted for Philisophe
the plan: this kind of thing is certainly easy when you have a country already isn't it? Spend most of my time in coffee houses or with the wife.
>>52970533
Go to infernals And Get some Third Circle demons
>>
>>52970533
You can actually summon a past version of yourself (from one of your jumps) as your spirit in shaman king. You lose the abilities if you keep your past self as your spirit but it is past you. I don't remember if it counts as a companion. If you can you could import it as a servant
>>
Have you ever made a "Venom Jumper"(Cloning or making someone into your body double and giving them your memories.)?
>>
>>52970658
technically my Jumper is three of those. and I also have those as elite mooks
>>
Who was that one guy using tarot cards for their jumps? And what was he using the tarot for? It looked neato
>>
>>52970396
Cooler died.
>>
File: Battle Dog.jpg (48KB, 604x391px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Dog.jpg
48KB, 604x391px
Does anybody have a list of jumps that offer large groups of companions that only take up a single slot?

I'd love to have a swarm of minions that follow me around from jump to jump.
>>
>>52969094
Possess the Endbringers for fun and profit.
>>52970859
Crux
>>
So is the guy who made Percy Jackson still around? I have a question about a possible demigod parent.
>>
>>52970935
Fuck you.
>>
>>52970907
Skullgirls, WH40k Imperium, Platoon, Kerbals, WoW update.
>>
>>52970931
Right, but what was he doing with the tarot cards?
>>
>>52970907
You'd have to make your own list.
>>
>>52970946
Is that a no? Sorry anon. Didn't know I was opening old wounds.
>>
>>52970957
Using them as a forecast for what the theme of his adventure in that jump would be like. So if he got Death, it would indicate a major change for him, that sort of thing.
>>
>>52970971
Cool beans, thanks.
>>
>>52966822
YOU FORGOT ETRIAN ODYSSEY
EVERYONE FORGOT ETRIAN ODYSSEY
>>
>>52970907
>>52970948
And Sword and Sorcery. There might be more, probably are, actually.
>>
Were there any jumps that allowed you to assimilate parasites into yourself and gain their abilities without having that freeloader on you?
>>
>>52970965
No, he's still around. But fuck you. People asking about what their divine parentage would get them in Percy Jackson is the worst shit in Jumpchain. It's not hard to figure out, you're just a lazy piece of shit that wants to be spoonfed. Percy Jackson posting is worse than Fate or Worm or Exalted or any other of the trends that blight this thread.
>>
>>52971016
Oh, you're just a shitposter. Thanks for clarifying.

Have a lovely day.
>>
>>52971033
No, shitposting implies I'm going to make a focused effort to bring down the quality of the thread. I'm just angry. Once I'm done explaining my motivations here I'm not going to post again.
>>
>>52971016
Who the fuck pissed in your cornflakes?
>>
>>52971056
Do everyone a favor and stop posting now. It'll make you live longer. Keep that heart pressure down and what have you.
>>
>>52971066
It's jumpchain, piss and vinegar are the only liquids on offer to put on cornflakes or otherwise..
>>
Jumps which will allow me to make quality hamburgers?
>>
>>52971016
I'm pretty sure Merchant said he LIKES doing write-ups for Demigods. And people don't want to wank something too much, some people having not read the series and wikis being notoriously unreliable.
>>
>>52971103
shokugeki no soma, Toriko, maybe Monster Hunter .
>>
>>52971103
Generic Cooking Show, Shokugeki no Soma, and Toriko.
>>
What would be required to defeat The Sovereign of Sorrow as a game master?
>>
>>52967460
That's stupid, why the fuck would you express disapproval over a legit combo?
>>
File: WWII in a nutshell.jpg (87KB, 967x454px) Image search: [Google]
WWII in a nutshell.jpg
87KB, 967x454px
>>52970948
Thanks!

A question about the Platoon jump- the Drop In origin gets a free additional squad, does that mean further purchases of additional squads are then discounted? I think it's the only thing Drop Ins get.
>>
Are there any perks/items that can kill 'immortal' beings?
>>
>>52971336
A combination of If It Bleeds from 80's action movie, Dead is Better from Horror Movie, Noble Eightfold Path from Lord of Light, and something to overcome your target's defenses. With this you can kill just about anything.
>>
>>52969858
>blatantly lying
>when a link to word of jump maker is earlier in the thread
>>
>>52971374
Thanks.
>>
>>52971336
There's an item in Tsukihime- 7th holy scripture and/or Black Barrel Replica.

Depending on the mechanics of the targets "immortality" there are tons of different ways to take them down.

Is it biological immortality? Soul Immortality? Lich immortality?
>>
>>52971387
Bloodline of Death from Anima is useful as well. check the notes.
>>
>>52971336
There is a perk in sidereals, one that would let you kill Yozi without creating Neverborn even.
>>
>>52970948
Is the new WoW update on the drive? The one on there says it was updated in Feb.
>>
>>52971336
Not this anon, but on a related question.

What are some combat oriented alternatives to killing? Mainly in terms of spiritual, or otherwise non-biological beings.

I have loads of stunning perks, but are there any other perks similar to combat blood arts from kekkai sensen? Where I can seal, or preferably de-power beings that I defeat.
>>
>>52971390
That's good too, thanks. It's Greek God immortality, the type that you can't normally kill no matter how you injure them.

>>52971400
>>52971408
Thanks as well.
>>
>>52971466
No, the update's not finished yet. We got a new drive in februari.
>>
>>52971466
No, the maker is still working on it.
>>
>>52971408

Would it do that?

It prevents things like the sky falling if you killed Atlas - but a Yozi turning into a Neverborn upon dying isn't an external consequence, it's just what happens to them when they die.
>>
>>52970991
What's Etrian Odyssey?
>>
Hey Herculeanon, do Demigods only get one really specific ability from their divine parent? Could a child of Zeus only toss a lightning bolt and not also have shapeshifting and calling up storms or something?
>>
>>52971473
I think Percy Jackson has something for that? It only works on gods though. Also, Naruto has sealing stuff, so you could use that and with sufficient training you could probably seal someone away. I'd say make the movies canon, and then go to the Land of Demons, since the movie set there focused on a line of priestesses who knew a sealing technique for imprisoning a demon lord, though I can't remember if it required them to sacrifice themselves or not.
>>
>>52971521
Always an Ending[600 CP, discount Chosen of Endings]-
>The Exalted were built as weapons, meant to kill that which could not die. But the ghosts of the dead titans have come back to cause problems of their own. You have internalized these truths to a greater extent than the other Chosen. All defenses, no matter how perfect, have a flaw, and Samsara will reveal a new flaw to you even if one did not exist before. Using this, you may permanently kill any being, no matter how immortal. What's more, this death will in no way harm others or the world at large. If a demon's power is the only thing holding castle erect, it will continue to stand even without the demon to hold it up, and if the universe is nothing but a mad god's dream, his dreams will survive even as he dies. And as they draw their final breath and see that the world will impossibly go on without them, death will say to them, “Baby, don't you know? There's always an ending.”
>>
>>52971336
Captain SNES
>>
>>52971695
What Perk?
>>
>>52971673
Yeah, I wouldn't call a Neverborn being created harming anyone. Sure, the Neverborn will harm things if woken up and given the chance, but not inherently.

You could probably just murder the Neverborn too though. Double-murder solves everything.
>>
Are there any canon examples of god-blooded of the Incarnae?

...My seduction rolls and perks may have gotten slightly out of hand.
>>
>>52971746
I vaguely remember something about the Unconquered Sun and Merela having a daughter.
>>
>>52971746
Aren't the Incarnae busy playing the Cosmic X-Box?
>>
>>52971746
Nope. Little Beam is a god who says he's the Sun's kid though.
>>
>>52971763
They can do other things. It's not completely distracting them, just mostly distracting them. They can get away from the Games of Divinity, just not permanently.
>>
>>52971763
>buy the perk from Claymore for absorbing things to gain their properties
>buy the Games of Divinity
>shrink the Games of Divinity
>absorb the Games of Divinity
Voila, your dick is now cosmic catnip.
>>
>>52971892
And kills or renders brain-dead most beings.
>>
>>52971929
there are many jumpers for whom this Would not be a problem
>>
>>52971929
Because it's just too pleasurable.

Your dick can now cause literally explosive orgasms because it's just too good.
>>
>>52971963
Technically, just looking at the Games of Divinity mind-whammies people. So you now have a hypno-dick.
>>
>>52971892
But that only works because the GoD are objectively so compelling. Unless you let people "play" your dick, it just wouldn't have the same effect.
>>
>>52971929
Are there any perks or combos that make you capable of resisting or immune to the Games of Divinity?
>>
>>52972011
>Unless you let people "play" your dick, it just wouldn't have the same effect.
I literally have no response for this, because it's so easy that practically any combination of words in the English language could be used to make a joke here and I can't decide which to use.
>>
>>52971126
>Generic Cooking Show,
Not on drive.
>>
>>52972086
Well it's shite, but it did in fact used to be on the drive. Oh well.
>>
>>52972086
Uh, you sure? Cause I'm looking at it right now.
>>
Is Morning Hope/Evening Despair from King Arthur just supposed to be an innate version of the Excaliblast or what?
>>
>>52972086
>>52972103
>>52972110
It's just called "Cooking Show".
>>
>>52972086
Yes it is, it's just called Cooking Show without the generic
>>
>>52972103
Well, if we can just remove shit jumps from the drive, when are we gonna start with Red's?
>>
>>52972037
Huh, I can't actually think of any perks that stop addiction. Weird, I'd think we'd have perks for that. Would be much easier if it was corruption or mind control...

Maybe the Anti-Life Immunity from Superman the Animated Series, if it counts as artificially influencing you?
>>
>>52972144
I suppose we'll replace them with your jumps.
Ah, your jumps.
Those jumps you've been writing.
We heard about those jumps.
How excited you were about those jumps.
How disappointing that you're losing your will to complete those jumps we heard about and that you were excited about.
Jumps.
Jumps you've been working on.
Sure. Of course.
You've been working on JUMPS.
JUMPS of great importance!
JUMPS that will change Jumpchain forever!
How could people be so selfish as to post things you don't like and discourage you from completing your JUMPS of GREAT IMPORTANCE.
Absolutely.
I'm sure you're working very hard on your JUMPS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.
Don't let the thread get you down and discourage you from completing your JUMPS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE.
How tragic it would be if we never got your JUMPS. OF GREAT. IMPORTANCE.
>>
File: baitbaitbait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baitbaitbait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>52972144
Well if we can just remove shitty things from jumpchain, when are we going to remove you?
>>
File: 1466144349671.png (43KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1466144349671.png
43KB, 403x403px
>>52972172
>>
File: EO2UScreen05.jpg (262KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
EO2UScreen05.jpg
262KB, 400x480px
>>52970991
>>52971536
[CARTOGRAPHY INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>52970935
Yes?
>>
>>52972172
I started with Kronk's voice and ended with Yzma's. Well done.
>>
Dragonblooded question
Dragonbloods are supposed to be the exalts with the easiest access to artifacts, why does it seem like in the jump they have the most limited access to them?
>>
>>52972180
>>52972172

Do you guys actually like responding to it or something?

The only way to get rid of it, is to deny it attention - thus removing its ability to distract itself from its own self-loathing, and so seek out a new means of escaping its reflection.

Ignore it. It'll get worse, it'll argue with itself, it doesn't matter. You starve shitposters, until they consume themselves.
>>
File: 1236043433866.jpg (112KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1236043433866.jpg
112KB, 1440x810px
>>52972144
When you do it.

It's been 3-4 months now. You've had carte blanche, yet produced nothing. So really, you hold part of the responsibility for me being here. Thanks for your silent approval of my work.
>>
>>52972245
I couldn't help myself, it is delicious pasta.
>>
>>52972244
Different jumpmaker styles.
>>
>>52972252
Torture. Distrust. Look around you, it's overwhelming. What can you contribute? Be humble. Be thankful. Be respectful. You are a statue. You are fragile. And when you break... when you shatter, where will those pieces go? Ask. Ask, ask, ask this question. Will you ask? Humankind is only as great as you. You, the individual! It begins and ends with you! You must treat this expedition, this search, this life with a reverence and intensity found only in the smallest sticks, the littlest leaf, the tiniest stone, the most miniscule grain of sand on a beach of billions!
>>
>>52972037
Uh, maaaybe Saying No from Fate/ Stay Night - Realta Nua? There's arguably a point where needless indulgence/hedonism becomes immoral/evil. Just One Sip from Dresden Files might work, but it's not a sure thing. Besides that, Light Bringer has a perk that makes your Willpower literally unbreakable? Or just getting a strong enough/alien enough mind, as it could count as a form of insanity or mental illness, and the Yozi aren't hopelessly addicted to it unlike the Incarnae. They just find it to be great fun.
>>
File: 1485664361544.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485664361544.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
>>52972286
Get back in your box, Garfield. The lasagna's not done yet.
>>
>>52972244

Well, they do get a stipend, but yeah, they're a bit limited - though all the artefacts offered are definitely upgraded versions.

The setting's a bit confused about it itself - the Realm's armies are said to have lots of magitech equipment, full complements of shock pikes and riotshields and so on... but then no actual Dragonbloods are really statted up with them.

A Dragonblood from Lookshy though, could easily expect to be able to requisition a decent panoply of equipment.

>>52972271

Ah, well fair enough. Tradition is as tradition does.
>>
>>52972318
But don't you want to know where your pipe could be?
>>
File: mxJgM.jpg (210KB, 850x493px) Image search: [Google]
mxJgM.jpg
210KB, 850x493px
>>52972216
[SUDDENLY ABYSSAL GOD]
>>
>>52972344
It would be nice if there was a 100 CP tier, that really is where the Coffee and Cigars belong and it would provide a place for a basic Jade Daiklave.
>>
File: KING OF ALL COSMOS.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KING OF ALL COSMOS.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>52972217
Oh hey you're here. Neat. Anyways, I was just wondering what being the child of this glorious motherfucker would entail.

I know it would have something to with stars and the night sky and so forth, considering the goal of the games and all. But I'm left scratching my head on figuring out what other domains he'd have access to. (Besides the obvious katamari shenanigans. Having balls as a divine weapon seems kickass)

Then again he might not work at all, since he wouldn't be part of a pantheon, unless you count all the cousins I guess. I just wanted to know your thoughts.
>>
>>52972383
[SUDDENLY WE'RE IN FUCKING SPACE AFTER BEING IN AN ORBITAL RING ACROSS THE EARTH]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEHM42AuCs

I appreciate Persona 5 but im 90%
sure its responsible or delaying Etrian 5,
I NEED MY GUN WIELDING TANK CLASS
>>
>>52972401
Well he has a wife, so that's at least a dualistic system and not monotheistic. Technically.
>>
>>52972011
>not wanting deities to compete for the 'high score'
>>
>>52972037
Maybe something that blocks memetics and/or cognitohazards?
SCP has something for that. As does Generic Creepypasta.
>>
>>52970991
But the jump is so bare-bones, senpai. It's not really memorable.
>>
What are some good jumps for making my companions immortal (at least stopping the aging)?
>>
File: dff.png (26KB, 121x130px) Image search: [Google]
dff.png
26KB, 121x130px
>>52972350
I know where mine is.
>>
>>52970907
Old post, but Titanfall also has an option for that
>>
>>52972516
Smiling Goddess Leaves or something from Tenchi Muyo.
>>
>>52972516
Tenchi Muyo.
>>
File: ur_140109.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ur_140109.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
Circle of magic
Emelan
Namorese novice 900
Ambient magic cooking free
Ambient magic thread 500
Old patient magic 400
Magic steps 200
Magic in the weaving -100
Fire in the forging -700

Items
Moneybags free

Drawbacks
Namorese politics
Live at discipline cottage
Medieval times -600
Body politics albino -500
Two x's -300
Owe a debt 0

What is there to do here anyway? I mean other than wearing a mask and trying not to have people give me a hard time?
>>
>>52972516
eclipse phase, Hercules , the legendary journeys/Xena warrior Princess.
>>
>>52972516
>>52972564
oh I forgot the import option in seven deadly sins, also overlord the series, if you make them undead or robots or something.
>>
>>52972434
Etrian Odyssey is really good for if you want to find some badass monsters.
>>
Is a lunar exalted spirit shape counted as an altform? Do all kinds of lunars get a half man half spirit shape battleform?
>>
>>52972598
All Lunars can do a hybrid form. That said, not all Lunars do. It's a specific Knack, Deadly Beastman Transformation. Though strictly speaking it doesn't have to be Deadly, you can make a hybrid form geared for other tasks. The Knack gives you points to spend on mutations, combat-relevant mutations are just most common for them to be spent on. But there's another Knack that lets you reallocate the points at will, so don't feel like you're locked into a decision with your hybrid form.
>>
>>52972598
>After the jump, you will gain your true forms as alternate forms. This includes your original human form, your spirit shape, your war form, and (if you bought Chthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast with the boost) the Chthonic Baara form. But does not include any other forms you took by tasting their Heart's Blood.

>Do all kinds of lunars get a half man half spirit shape battleform?
Yes, but you need to learn a Knack for it.
>>
>>52972636
>But there's another Knack that lets you reallocate the points at will
Perfect Hybrid Interaction and Terrifying Beastman Alteration both only let you do it once for each of them, actually.

You need the Girdle of the Chthonic Baara to do it at will.
>>
>>52972656
>>52972636
Thanks.
>>
>>52972344
>but then no actual Dragonbloods are really statted up with them.
In the game starting Dynast and Lookshy Dragonbloods have 12/13 dots of background respectively. These dots are worth double when used for artifacts so a starting Dragonblood could very easily be well equipped from the beginning.
>>
>>52972636
>>52972656
Wait, not him but what do lunars normally look like since it counts as an altform?
>>
>>52972746
Human, in their original? Though I guess they have the Tell.

It's not the first jump to give a human altform anyway.
>>
>>52972701
I could have sworn there was a Knack for it, too. Some Chimeric one. Which is admittedly not a great idea to invest in, even if I'm right.
>>
>>52972774
So what are these warforms? Halfhuman half animal?
>>
>>52972401
Probably a good deal of charisma and appearance. Shooting disturbingly strong rainbow disintegration beams out of your face, maybe some flight, the Katamari shenanigans (probably exhaust your power quickly by the time you get into city scale by default), and maybe some sort of ordering lesser beings around as an outright power instead of a mere outgrowth of charisma.

At least from what I recall of the games. Might be overlooking some stuff. As for the actual yes/no on valid import probably yes by the time you factor in the Queen, Roboking, and likely other important NPCs of that scale.
>>
File: That's a crocodile.jpg (570KB, 690x1382px) Image search: [Google]
That's a crocodile.jpg
570KB, 690x1382px
>>52972552

Book 1 there's an earthquake.
Book... 2 or 3, can't remember, pirates attack.
The other one, someone starts a forest fire.
Book 4, a magical superdisease sweeps through the city, and it's resistant to magical healing because magic.

Circle Opens:
The four protags split up.
Book 1: Thread witch finds a kid who can dance magic, and a guy with unmagic who's... assassinating people? I think?
Book 2: Plant mage finds a girl with stone magic, except the local lord banished all the stone mages because his court mage wanted a monopoly.
Book 3: Forge Mage finds a cook mage and a carpenter mage, and also a dude makes a fire station. She makes him a glove that's immune to fire. It later turns out that he's actually the one setting fires.
Book 4: Some glassblower gets hit with lightning and can make prophecy orbs, which they use to find untouchables (might have been prostitutes?) who keep getting murdered.

Will of the Empress:
Empress decides she wants Stitch Witch back under her thumb, annoys her into returning, tries to force her to stay. Stitch Witch and her friends run away, and also, break through the magic wall that's defending the empire or something.

... It's been a while since I read the books, okay?
>>
>>52972792
Nope. Though Chimeras do get the ability to take any mutation they want from their heart's blood library for 1 mote.

>>52972799
Yes. Pic related has one as the middle one.
>>
>>52972598
I'm not even a furry, but I'd totally hit that.
>>
>>52972746
They look like either a human, a specific type of animal, or a hybrid of human and that animal. Those three forms are their true forms. Though there's a slight cosmetic alteration that can give them away. It's subtle, and there's additional magic making people ignore it, but you get things like a fox Lunar having red hair with white tips like a fox's tail, or a fish Lunar having some some weird lines on their neck that almost look like gills. It manifests in animal forms not their Spirit Shape, too, so that fish lunar might have those lines show up in the pattern of his mane when he turns into a lion, or that fox lunar's tailfeathers be that color when they turn into a hawk.

>>52972799
At a base. They can throw all sorts of mutations on there, so it could wind up looking more animalistic. And if you have Perfected Hybrid Interaction or Terrifying Beastman Alteration it could look like anything.
>>
>>52972843
You totally are a furry though.
>>
>>52972841
Thanks.

>>52972843
Why thank you.
Last question, are there any knacks to keep growing beyond the normal size limit?
>>
>>52972810
K.

Thanks.
>>
>>52972843
No snout, not furry.
>>
>>52972879
I mean, if the price for getting it on with a sexy tiger amazon is calling myself a furry then sure, I'm super furry.
>>
>>52972810
Not prostitutes, entertainers. But yes, same general plot. Also, Book 2 is pirates, Book 3 is forest fire and also politics.

You're right in the unmagic dude, by the way.

In Book 3 of Circle Opens, the firefighter had been setting the fires LONG before Daja arrives. Some misguided attempt at convincing city council to add more funding to the fire rescue station. They use the magic from her forged gloves to discover it's him that did it.

All in all, on point.
>>
>>52972880
apply the small mutation to stay at normal size when you enter furry mode.
>>
>>52972843
>I'm not even a furry, but I'd totally hit that.
Four years ago, I spoke those very same words.

Turn back, summer child. Flee, while you still can.
>>
>>52972879
Well hold on. What if anon just wants to fuck everything that's vaguely female and has a pulse?

That's beyond furry.
>>
>>52972930
But I want to grow bigger.
>>
>>52972803
Oh I completely forgot about the royal rainbow. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Now to figure out how they'd fit in setting. Probably would be considered a nuisance with the katamari bull but other than that they wouldn't have too many enemies. What with how often the King likes to travel.
>>
File: 1488993174680.png (189KB, 563x732px) Image search: [Google]
1488993174680.png
189KB, 563x732px
>>52972879
She's thundercat tier which is only furry when the mods on /co/ don't like it.
>>
>>52972880
>Last question, are there any knacks to keep growing beyond the normal size limit?
Yes. Towering Beast Form gets you up to the size of a yeddim (which are about twice the size of an elephant, going by their art) and Illimitable Beast Expansion removes the size limit entirely. That one is Essence 5 and takes Towering Beast Form as a prereq, though. It also lowers the size you can go to as small as physically possible, if you Emerald Grasshopper Form to let you go as small as an insect. They only affect the forms you can acquire, though, if you want to make a form you already have big you'll need Emperor Ox Expansion.
>>
>>52972946
>pulse
Vampire waifus a best.
>>
>>52972961
Wait shit. I thought there was a not in there, but there wasn't.
There's getting hueg mutations too and also a knack that makes you godzilla sized for a time.
Unfortunately that last one comes with a dose of limit so do excersize discretion.
>>
>>52972880
>Last question, are there any knacks to keep growing beyond the normal size limit?
Lunar shapes don't grow.

But there are Charms to increased your Spirit Shape's size. First one doubles it in size (Mountainous Spirit Expression), Emperor Ox Expansion makes you a kaiju (see pic related, for the size example. It was a normal Orca before), and the last one (at essence 10) is God-Beast Transcendence which makes you HUEG or "a sanity-defying behemoth, able to darken cities with its shadow".

Apply the Tyrant Mouse Dominion and Titan Menagerie Method too, and you can apply these to all your forms.
>>
>>52972983
And then get to E10 and pick up God Beast Transcendence. Go full kaiju.
>>
>>52972516
DC Occult probably has the best with the fountain of Youth. It stops aging, regresses them to their physical prime and works on future companions and anyone else that you need to use if for.
>>
>>52972983
>>52972996
>>52973024

Thanks

>>52973022
Nice thanks as well.

I will now go from small lagiacrus to ocean serpent double triple platinum crown big lagiacrus!
>>
Jumpers, what's been your lowest moment in your chain?
>>
>>52972972
The new Thundercat designs were top tier. Too bad the writing sucked shit after the pilot, or else we'd have gotten more of the girls. Still got some decent images of her, at least.
>>
>>52970222
Sorry for the late reply, how powerful is Ultraman Noah? Can the Ultraman suit, Galactron, King Joe and terranoid be enough to stop him? Can you use the Grantechtor if you have the Ultraman suit? do you have to buy the Cosmo techtor before buying the Grantechtor? Do members of the jumper defense force retain their memories and technology of the previous jumps or are they just similar persons?
>>
So what all this means is that Lunars have some of the most flexible shapeshifting that isn't being a literal shoggoth. It just takes Essence 5, a handful of charms, and some time.
>>
>>52973071
You know I'm kinda curious how aging works in jumpchain. Do companions reroll ages? Or is finding a means to keep them health a big deal in a few jumps?
>>
>>52972516

GUNNM: Regenerator Nano (unaging, regenerate from bodily destruction, augmentation)
Lord of Light: A standard-issue god body (unaging, soul transference technology)
Touhou: A variety of methods of stopping aging, mostly via turning into a youkai or supernatural medicine.
Any DnD jump: Lichdom or becoming a Vampire Lord (bit tricky to qualify for the latter, but rather spiffy).
Hellsing: True Nosferatu are quite robust.
Exalted: A Hearthstone of Immortality, stops aging. There're also a few medicines that prolong life, but meh. Various Exalt powers can prolong their lives.

Some of these are perks, some are in-setting powers.
>>
>>52973144
Lunars nned to do several things to actually aquire different shapes, but once they have them their shapeshifting is pretty good. It's not Alex mercer shit unless you go chimera mode, but for imitating animals/people/fucking whatever. It works well.
>>
>>52973162
Officially companions are set to whatever age you are when entering a jump.
Lots of people just do their own thing since that gets weird as fuck when you're dealing with children.

If they import into a different background with a seperate age roll I assume they also roll for that different age, but there are no hard rules on that.
>>
>>52973144
Lunars are fucking terrible shapeshifters. They always have a Tell that can identify them, it always costs Essence to change shape, they're locked into their true forms if they spend too much peripheral Essence, and they have to spend hours hunting and killing or seducing something to take its shape, possibly also buying several Knacks before hand.

The best shapechanging perk is the one based on Plastic Man in Injustice.
>>
>>52973144
Basically, yeah. If you've got all the acquisition knacks, you can take the shapes of pretty much everything you can find.

You'd need Essence 6 or above to get supernatural powers though.

And aside from just standard taking of shapes, they can modifying themselves with mutations on the fly too, with Hybrid Body Rearrangement (as long as they've got any shape from which they could pull that).

And if they get chimera stuff, they can basically just be predatory shoggoths.
>>
>>52973144

Kindof. When it comes to emulating supernatural powers, they're both great and terrible.

They have a special Knack that lets them use the supernatural powers of a form - so a God's Charms, for example. But if they use enough essence to expose their anima, they get booted back to their true forms. Which is still fantastic, but not nearly as generous as, for example, the DnD Shapechange spell is.

Of course, that won't necessarily apply to non-essence powers... but then they might not be able to mimic those without spending essence.
>>
do we have a family guy or American dad jump?
>>
>>52973340
No, thank god.
>>
>>52973369
You know because you said it like that someone is going to make them now, Don't you?
>>
>>52973340
Generic Sitcom will cover them if for some reason you want to spend ten years up Seth MacFarlane's anus.
>>
File: tardsnickers.jpg (141KB, 550x998px) Image search: [Google]
tardsnickers.jpg
141KB, 550x998px
>>52973104
Highschool of the Dead. It's very early in my chain. So many zombies...
>>
File: Confused.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.png
602KB, 963x720px
>>52973224
>But if they use enough essence to expose their anima, they get booted back to their true forms.
Speaking of, do we have any perks for fully controlling internal/latent energies?

Because the Anima manifests because an Exalt can only control their Peripheral Essence imperfectly, because the brute force it with the Exaltation (something about Exalts not being entirely in tune with their own Essence like other supernatural beings in Exalted are, because it's harnessed through the Exaltation).

A perk like that would solve the Anima issue in one go.
>>
File: tumblr_ntag61lRNj1rqqrclo1_500.png (227KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntag61lRNj1rqqrclo1_500.png
227KB, 500x559px
So just for my general piece of mind is this ok for how a lagiacrus noncaste lunar should look like with obvious tells?
>>
>>52973486
That looks more like he actually has some mutations. A tell is supposed to be a single trait.
>>
>>52973486
A tell is a single trait, and not always a visual one. For example a Wolf Lunar might smell like a dog.
>>
How do learning perks work with regards to exalted abilities? Do charms/etc cost less xp? Do you get more xp for doing shit? Are training times reduced? All of these? None of them?
>>
>>52973486
That's a bit more obvious than your typical Tell. Like, the scale eyebrows are the most he'd likely have. To be that reptilian in human form suggests mutations.
>>
>>52973534
Training times would be reduced at least. No clue about xp though, with it being an abstraction.
>>
>>52973534
Since favored abilities represent being especially talented at something, and favoring one causes you to get both reduced training times and XP costs for Charms of that ability, learning perks would probably do both those..
>>
The Seed of Darkness (600 Discount Unknown Amnesiac, Cannot be taken with The Seed of
Light)- Your memories flood back, and you recall the real reason for your strange abilities. Thse are not evolutions, but awakenings of your old nature. You were not born, but created by the hand of the Overlord of Darkness as the El of Shadow. Your purpose and your powers are among the highest of your kin, as you had a special role to play in the plans of the Overlord.

The Evolution of Humanity was a mistake, and while your brothers seek out to slaughter the mutants who would have the hubris to grow beyond the Overlord of Darkness’ design(and are taboo’ed on pain of death to ever spill the blood of a normal human), you are charged with a higher calling.

As a Lord your form is that of humanoid beast , hailing from one of many animal kingdoms with
their own blessings from your creator. You are also granted a ceremonial weapon that can
withstand multiple point-blank bombings, the sort of weapon that you would not see out of place in a museum exhibit on tribal warfare.

As the El of Shadow, you have strength beyond most Lords within your family line and an
ability unique to yourself: Extinguishing the Light. This attack may only be used with the
ceremonial weapon granted by this perk, but you may charge this weapon with the power of
darkness and inject it into the unfortunate victim, though you must break skin in order to truly guarantee the power’s effect. The Light of Evolution will be excised from them forever more,

robbing them of the gifts of their birth and locking them in that state. They will be unable to change, evolve, or grow in any way...unchanging and stunted forever. Even their children will be cursed with this, as they too will not be able to grow stronger or more intelligent than their birth dictates.

Would it be okay to say that I can use real eater to reverse the effect of this ability? to kickstart evolition and change (physical or emotional)
>>
>>52973460
The Jagan Eye from YYH, or maybe one of the Servant perks from Touhou.
>>
>>52973555
>>52973582
Cool beans. I'll look at how much of a benefit favoring something is and then extrapolate from there then.
>>
File: cat versus bear.webm (2MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
cat versus bear.webm
2MB, 406x720px
Got any tips for a fighting style based on bears, /jc/? Pic tangentially related.
>>
>>52973534
Charms cost 10 XP for a favored category, 12 for non-favored, and 16 if you're using something like the Eclipse anima power to learn charms from a different sort of being. Favored charms take (minimum Ability/Attribute) days to learn, unfavored take (minimum Ability/Attribute + minimum Essence) days, other-type take (minimum Ability/Attribute + minimum Essence) weeks.

XP are a narrative resource, so tracking their relationship to training accelerators is weird. You get 4 XP just for showing up to a session, 1 XP for doing something particularly cool (limit once per session), 1 XP as an alternative reward for three-dice stunts instead of motes or willpower recovery (again, once per session), 5 XP for accomplishing a short-term goal, and a variable amount of XP determined by the GM for a long-term goal. You also get XP passively whenever there's a timeskip to represent your continued development, so that would probably be affected by training accelerators. You get 10XP a year until you hit Essence 5, then 5 XP per year at Essence 6, 4 XP at Essence 7, 3 XP at Essence 8, and Essence 9 and 10 both have 2 XP per year.
>>
>>52973640
Go to street fighter and talk to Zangief
>>
Do we have anyone working on John Wick as a jump?

If not, consider it claimed.
>>
>>52973486
Here, have some examples of Tells ripped straight from the books:

>Leopard spots in her hair or fur
>Cattle hooves for feet
>Feathers in her hair.
>Sharp canines and small horns
>Pointed and fur-fringed wolf ears
>His shadow has perked, peaked ears.
>Sharp, feline nails on her hands and feet.
>Shark teeth
>Scales about the eyes
>Mottled marks reminiscent of an owl’s feathers
>A talkative Lunar’s voice might echo with the chattering of her squirrel totem.
>The forked tongue of her snake-spirit
>An unmannered boar might walk around with the natural, pungent musk of her totem animal

>>52973614
Not sure if having a Jagan Eye is better, since a third eye would be kinda obvious... But from the description of Energy Manipulation it does look like it'd solve the problem in one fell swoop.

Touhou's perk is Tai Chi Master? Looks like it'd help at least, but it's not complete.
>>
So, would anyone care to refresh an anon on what the chronological order for the Kamen Rider jumps is?
>>
>>52973691
How the fuck would that work as a jump.
>>
File: Alt Chain Builder.pdf (56KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Alt Chain Builder.pdf
56KB, 1x1px
If you were going to build an alt-chain, what would it look like?

I am NOT expecting, hoping, or advocating this being added to the drive.
>>
>>52973651
I was autistic enough to compare the starting and century old Solar character creation rules from Dreams of the First Age, and the figure I came up with was 34XP per ten year jump for the first Exalted century.
>>
>>52973640
There are some real-world bear styles. They tend to focus on deliberate and focused power. The idea is patience, the bear waits for the ideal moment to deliver a precise strike.Lots of blocking and hard blows.
>>
>>52973640
Yeah that's one thing about predators, they're all incredibly skittish. If they think they can get hurt, they're going to flee or back down.

Doesn't work on humans though, scare one of them and they'll come back later with all their friends and some ranged weaponry to take you down.
>>
>>52973711
Neat, will look into it.

>>52973687
Also a good point.
>>
>>52973713
Well, yeah. If a predator gets hurt, then the chances of it not eating again drastically rise, even to the point of death.
>>
>>52973704
Showa part 1 -> Showa part 2 -> Heisei Part 1 (Kuuga/Agito) -> Ryuki -> Blade -> Kabuto -> Neo-Heisei part 7 (Den-O and Kiva) -> Decade Gauntlet -> Neo-Heisei Part 1 -> Neo-Heisei Part 2 -> Gaim -> Neo-Heisei Part 3
>>
>>52973703
Some of those sound significantly shittier than others.
>>
>>52973640
>Got any tips for a fighting style based on bears, /jc/?
>Pic tangentially related.
Check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The Joestar Secret Technique.
>>
>>52973713
That's because humans are too stupid to beat as far is nature is concerned. We're too dumb to care if we're gonna die if we pick a fight with some asshole magafauna, so much so that we look for them and chase them when they run away, we are the most aggro, vindictive, unfettered motherfuckers in the animal kingdom, besides some of varieties of insects.
>>
>>52973703
The thing about the Jagan Eye, is that unlike Caste Marks or Anima Banners, they can be hidden. With mundane clothing, even. Also, you could probably just shapeshift it away.
>>
>>52973797
See, I didn't think to bring that up because why would you not take that?
>>
>>52973797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaJUmefY1I
>>
>>52973782
Yeah, sometimes you just get unlucky with these things.

Like how an Infernal can either get shiny rainbow eyes or a barbed stinger dick, from being exalted by the /same/ demon species.
>>
>>52973805
>Stupid
>The dominant life form on the planet.
t. dinosaur
>>
>>52973805
What happened to cause that, anyway? Is sapience some kind of drug?
>>
>>52973708
Don't worry, anyone here who wants to use that steaming pile you just posted would've left for SB long ago. Giving yourself meta benefits for arbitrary minor drawbacks is one of the few things thread can agree is for shitheads.
>>
>>52973856
We're endurance predators and evolved to survive wounds that would doom most other species, and then we used that to our advantage by just not giving a fuck about said wounds.
>>
>>52972318
If you damage a part that you've altered with Mutational Mastery, would the capstone-boosted version allow you to manipulate the trait as freely as when you first got it?
>>
>>52973806
Hm, that's true. It's a pretty good option for this... And suddenly revealing a magic third eye would sometimes be cool.

Would suck if you activated your Caste Mark while your eye is open though. It'd be like holding a flashlight to your eye.
>>
>>52973877
Part of that is being a pack predator, it means that minor injuries aren't life-ending because the other members will help feed you while you recover. Same happens with wolves.
>>
>>52973828
Or end up with translucent skin underlain with squirming worms.
>>
>>52973883
Nah, you're not blinded by your own anima display. You'd see through the light just fine.
>>
>>52973909
Yup, pack predators aren't exactly common, and and endurance predators are incredibly rare. Humans are both, as are wolves which is probably why we domesticated them so easily.
>>
>>52973708
>+2 Companion Slots x4
>+100 CP Savings

>Heavy Is The Quill
>Chain Length Limit(current number of jumps)
>Rough Start
>Unreliable Canon
>No OC Companions

I'm stuck with only canon companions, my bodymod and warehouse have to be replaced with abilities from other jumps, and I have to go to a setting with easy resurrection magic before buying companions. In exchange, I can just turtle in my warehouse instead of being entertaining and can save 100 CP for future jumps.

It's only barely different than a regular chain.
>>
>>52973691
I think that might be covered by the Generic Modern Action Movie jump. You could also just make a Generic Hitman/Assassin jump.
>>
>>52973705
You open the jump with your dog/cat/waifu/favorite plant getting shot. Your goal is to get your revenge within [arbitrary length of time]
Get operatin'
>>
>>52973856
Autism. No, I'm serious. I honestly believe that what modern civilization believes modern mental illness to be is just traces of ancient hunter gatherer instincts resurfacing in modern times.

A number of Autism spectrum disorders are just your brain forming extra neuron connections, which leads to people being less in touch with what their body is telling them they should be doing, and instead fixating on things which seem irrelevant from an outside perspective to the exclusion of everything else.
>>
>>52973932
>In exchange, I can just turtle in my warehouse
What warehouse?
>>
>>52973920
Yeah, but that's a different demon species. You'd pretty much always get something gross from the tentacle-deer demons.

>>52973921
Is that a specific thing? Because I'm pretty sure light behaves like light. It's just that normally it's on your forehead and shining outward, like a mining helmet's headlamp. Now it'd be right in your third eye.
>>
>>52973923
>"You kill things by tiring them out and surrounding them, too?"
>"Yeah!"
>"Let's be F R I E N D S !"
>>
>>52973969
Whichever pocket dimension I buy I invest in anti-dimensional travel wards for. IIRC the one in Generic Creepypasta is pretty good.
>>
>>52973974
>Here have some of my food now, and we can help each other catch more food later
>THIS IS THE BEST!
>>
>>52973805
Reminder that all of our worst horror monsters make use of our behaviors. We scare even ourselves.
>>
>>52973973
>Is that a specific thing?
Yeah, it's just one of the rules. Anima banners don't effect the person casting the anima, if they did you'd go blind all the time. They just start with light coming from your caste mark, they eventually grow into an aura covering your entire body bright enough to blind anyone just looking at you (and if you keep spending Peripheral Essence after that, it shapes into a totemic battle aura surrounding you, no practical effects but looks really cool). If it could affect you, too, then it would be impossible to fight.
>>
>>52974012
As any species with the power to ascend to the top should.

When barely anything can challenge you, you become your own worst nightmare.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Lupin.jpg (182KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Lupin.jpg
182KB, 499x750px
>>52973708

I've actually been working on an alternate chain within the vague verse in which my keyblader, survivor(which sparked), and current Wanderer(/Rance) chain all take place

I...could actually theoretically outline what I was thinking for it with this doc, now that I think about it

But it does have some limitations...

The idea I had was for something like pic related as a chain. I don't wanna prattle about it cause I'm far far far from having enough motivation and energy to actually invest myself into it

But the idea was of a jumper with a specific goal in each chain and the efficiency of clearing that goal is their concern

With the limitations of perk/item fiat being non-existent, at best Perks are surgeries, augments, therapies and intense training workshops

Companions also don't show up unless imported, unless They're a character who has a proto-spark like the jumper, in which case he can make them a sort of 'psuedo' jumper in that they carry over with him though they don't have enough control over their protospark to benefit from CP

We'll drink the treasures of the worlds until we drown, or at least that's the idea.
>>
>>52973966
Isn't ADD literally just that, except more for the benefit of the fact that hunter gatherers couldn't afford to focus on any one thing at a time?
>>
>>52974054
So you're saying your ass should get the fuck over to Space Battles and stop polluting our board.
>>
if we built our devil tiger charms based on autochthon would we be able to have the same sort of machine theme?
>>
>>52973752
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>52973933
Generics don't cut off content from being made.
>>
>>52974102
Alchemicals are basically Infernals of Autobot as is, they just can't access other Primordial charms.
>>
File: 1491409572496.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491409572496.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>52974099
>>
>>52973933
Except I'm not interested in a Generic Hitman / Assassin jump.

I'm interested in JOHN. WICK.
>>
File: spooky fruits.gif (3MB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
spooky fruits.gif
3MB, 480x328px
>>52974099
Anon, don't be like that.
>>
>>52974035
I don't think it gets bright enough to blind anyone... It just says it's bright and steady enough to read by.

Otherwise the Night Caste power of being obscured by their anima at the higher levels shininess would be useless.
>>
>>52974054
hey are you going to DLC for the movies because he had a pretty cool Driver
>>
>>52974102
Not the same theme, probably, without directly patterning your soul after his (which, going by Yozi Cosmic Principle, would also cause you to stop being an Exalted) you're going to be different. But a very similar one, yes.
>>
>>52974139
Excommunicado drawback?
>>
File: Alchemicals-EndPages.jpg (185KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemicals-EndPages.jpg
185KB, 1000x647px
>>52974121
Alchemical Charms are not Autochthon Charms.
>>
>>52974180
I said 'basically', not 'exactly'. An Infernal style exalt of Autobot would be very similar to an Alchemical in nature.
>>
File: 1493498564617.jpg (384KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1493498564617.jpg
384KB, 1536x2048px
>>52974133
I need your advice senpai on how can I win the count zero drawback

Here it is to refresh your mind:

Count Zero (600) - A new age has dawned on this earth, but the world has become a much darker place. The Gegeru have been granted knowledge of a lord greater than N-Daguva-Zeba that has been sealed away by the Linto and their future forms, the Lords. By ending the lives of 5 “Linto warrior maidens” (police women) without spilling blood, they have managed to revive the one known as “The Ultimate Darkness”, the Wolf Grongi. N-Gami-Zeda. His abilities exceed even the god-like power of N-Daguva-Zeba and as the ultimate darkness, possesses full authority over the Grongi tribe and their myriad abilities. His further powers only cement this threat, as he is able to raise slain humans into full-powered Grongi. He and his army will have already have risen by the time you’ve started, and both Godai Yuusuke(Kamen Rider Kuuga) and Tetsuya Sawaki(Kamen Rider Agito) will have been slain before they could rise to the occasion. If that wasn’t enough...in response to this, the Overlord of Darkness has already begun his movements to destroy the Grongi tribe by creating a number of Lords (including an El of Shadow with the powers of “The Seed of Darkness” perk) and preparing the ritual to cleanse this world(via creating a doppelganger of each human being under a zodiac sign to fight and slaughter both Grongi and humans in a way they cannot be revived as Grongi). If you wish to move on from this world, you’ll need to both destroy N-Gami-Zeda and prevent the completion of the Overlord’s genocide(Each zodiac sign will be the victim of the doppelganger curse each month of the year, starting with all those born under the sign of Scorpio in the month after your arrival.) This is the fate of mankind you’re trusted with, traveller. Can you be content to merely stand and watch?

We need you with us now...Get on it!
>>
>>52974157

Yeah, I've made a point of saying DLC would be based on movies

If anything I'm at the point where the only really interesting thing to do with Rider would be the crazy movie shit.

Technically scenarios/DLC are already in that category. (Blues Brothers is based on KR Skull, Mad King based on Wonderful, the Unlimited Colors are based on a mix of a dumb reference and Eternal)
>>
>>52974213
Drive's dumb time-travel DLC when?
>>
>>52974213
>a dumb reference

Hey, Sonic Colors was a great game.
>>
Would the taboo from God of High School work on full power drawback Fate/kaleid Gilgamesh?
>>
>>52974102
Make sure to not include being deathly ill as one of your themes if you're doing that.
Robocancer is the not fun part of autobot.
>>
>>52973828
I was going to say "Once again, Solars are 'da bess' because they don't have to worry about that kind of stuff" but then I remembered that a significant percentage of the invincible god kings have a glowing smiley face ppear on their foreheads whenever they use their powers.
>>
>>52974099
Nah, he's just throwing limits on himself. Not deciding that those limits mean he should get 2000 cp each jump, no drawback limit, and the ability to override drawbacks with single perks.
>>
>>52974206

Time is your worst enemy here, is the main thing. With in-jump purchases, G4 + "Luck" would be a good way to save some CP and get the most bang for your buck

Using psychic abilities in-jump would let you track down Zeda. Question is if you have the buffness to take 'em down. Also do keep in mind that the Els are still forbidden to slay humans at this point, so not doing Kuugito will let you put off killing the Overlord of Darkness and allow you to dodge the El of Shadow's targeting.

If you somehow have a way to get their attention, the Els might be a good tool to whittle down the Grongi and prevent Zeda from creating more Grongis

Can't give much more information without knowing your builds up till now though
>>
>>52974300
Gilgamesh is 2/3rds god. I think that's enough to distance him from humanity, but then again I'm not exactly an expert on how taboo works.
>>
>>52974235
Oh the game was great, but the reference itself is a stupid idea

>>52974228
I was thinking more about the idea of a Wacky Races-style thing going on in that DLC
>>
>>52974153
It's bright enough to read by out to "a spearcast's distance". So a hundred feet or so. That's bright enough to blind if you looked directly at it. It's referred to as a bonfire, have you ever looked right into a bonfire? The Night anima just changes it from being able to make out enough vague details to tell who it is to completely obscuring it. Like, a normal Exalt at the 11-15 mote level has a recognizable silhouette through the glow, but a Night's light is too diffuse to do that.
>>
>>52974341
I was planning to take it as a first jump, so no previous builds. I asked since I wanted to know if it was feasible to win without OOC powers
>>
>>52974300
If you mean the perk that makes you automatically cast the Taboo on anyone attacking you, probably not. Gilgamesh is a demigod, I don't think he counts as human. If you're talking about using Pandora to actively hit people with the Taboo, that's up to you, it's dependent on your own strength.
>>
>>52973708
It's a nice idea for people who like the whole meta-CYOA thing, I guess.

"No OC Companions" con should probably say "jump" rather than "chain".

For another con based on my own chain, I suggest "Error, Kung Fu Not Found": perks can give you capability but they will never give you experience or knowledge - you must still learn everything you want to do the hard way.
>>
>>52974341
Isn't Kuuga technically a creation of the Overlord of Darkness? I remember something about the revised fused timeline having the Linto tribe ask for help from the Overlord to defend themselves from the abnormally-evolving Grongi. He'd probably actually be fine with a Kuuga, at least in the short-term.
>>
>>52973882
>-'Mutational Mastery' is improved that you have the ability to further customize the effects that are placed upon your body due to mutagens; eyes can be made a different color, the muscles can be compacted to form a lithe frame, and other such things. Also, in the event that body parts or limbs are destroyed and you have the ability to regenerate, you may choose the appearance of how these things look when they are restored.

>Also, in the event that body parts or limbs are destroyed and you have the ability to regenerate, you may choose the appearance of how these things look when they are restored.
>>
>>52974408
What about the Third Key? And I thought that the taboo could still work on gods, at least the ones from that setting.
>>
>>52972516
The original Corvinus Strain of the immortality virus from Underworld has got you covered.
It has the least powerful feats, but it doesn't have any downsides either.
It just makes you plain old superhuman and immortal.
>>
>>52974430
>"No OC Companions" con should probably say "jump" rather than "chain".
Thanks
>For another con based on my own chain, I suggest "Error, Kung Fu Not Found": perks can give you capability but they will never give you experience or knowledge - you must still learn everything you want to do the hard way.
This is definitely going in there.
>>
>>52974463
Oh yeah, the Third Key lets you inflict it, too. That might work, then. Would probably be subject to the same issues of needing you to be strong enough, though. As for the Taboo affecting gods, it can if it's been put on them. But I was thinking of the perk Racial Taboo, which only puts it on humans.
>>
>>52974481
>original Corvinus Strain
>but it doesn't have any downsides either

Er, I thought that if you get infected with certain other diseases (e.g. rabies) they have a mutagenic effect on the original strain? Isn't that how the Vampire and Werewolf strains came into existence, an immortal got bit by an diseased bat / wolf respectively?
>>
>>52974459
>you can determine what physical traits even appear on your body, and where they go. Virus that gives giant shoulder eyes but grants amazing regen? Move the eye to the chest, or even just make a tiny third eye on the forehead. It's your call, now.

Yes, but can you do more drastic alterations like in the above?
>>
>>52974390

I'd...say it's possible but you'll have to work your ass off to intercept before it gets undeniably difficult. Will say that a legitimate tactic in this case is to stay human and use the Els as a weapon against the Grongis(which is a gamble), then figure out a way to take out the Overlord of Darkness without getting bumfucked by Els
>>
>>52974178
You know it babe.

Origins:
-Drop-In (secret hobo network)
-Continental Manager (secret society bullshit)
-Part of the Family (organized crime)
-Assassin (what do you think)

And yes. A free dog will be available in Items.
>>
>>52973140
Sorry for the late reply to your late reply. Noa is born from a supernova, can fly between universes as easy as taking a step, and is above even Ultraman King in power (having created King and all of the other Ultras). He's not unstoppable, just really difficult to deal with. Stopping him is going to be a protracted undertaking.

Using in jump purchases you can pull it off but just barely. Having King Joe, Galactron, the Terranoid, and someone using the Ultraman suit could stand up to him if you manage some upgrades to them through the tech perks.

The grantechtor (being an item) can be used even without the Ultraman suit. Yes you need to buy the cosmo techtor before the grantechtor, the notes explain that bit.

The Jumper Defense Force are just similar forces in each setting, not the same. So no the tech and memories wont carry over.
>>
>>52974533
I... guess? I don't see why it wouldn't? It's not like it's gamebreaking to change how the stuff manifests.
>>
>>52974532
Eh, you got a point. I was thinking more along the lines of the special requirements (vampires burn in sunlight and can only feed on human blood, werewolves are allergic to silver and have to resist involuntarily transforming under stress).

But those mutations never happened to their father, who is patient zero.
So maybe something got destabilized in translation when they inherited it?
Their other brother was born mortal, but carried a latent version of the virus down the lines.
>>
What jumps could I go to to recover memories that I've long since lost?

I have plenty of perfect memory perks, but I waited a hell of a long time to get them, so now I'm trying to recover my memories from my first hundred years of jumping, not to mention my pre-jumping life for totally non-metagaming reasons .

iirc there is a perk that does exactly that in DC Superman, but I'm still super early-chain and I'd rather stick to relatively low-powered settings for now. Do any alternatives come to mind for anyone?
>>
Final build.
>>
>>52974694
Psychonauts had one for delving into your mind. An item for it too that removed the "Cobwebs".
>>
>>52974650
Ah, okay. Thanks.
>>
What are some generally accepted alternative Elemental Themes?
>>
>>52974694
Hmm... Maybe a Companion with Path to Recovery from Remember Me? Though I don't know if it works on "natural" memory loss...
>>
>>52974601
Drawback where someone with connections kills your dog, it will respawn at the end of the jump but it still pisses you off so much that you need to kill the ones responsible or die trying.

Even after killing them you'll still be depressed until the jump ends and the doggo comes back.
>>
>>52974694
I think the perfect memory perk in SCP grants it retroactively so you remember things from before you got it. But if you're afraid to go to the DCAU, you definitely shouldn't go there.
>>
>>52974694
SCP's perfect recall.
It's SCP, but it'll get all your memories back. Forever.

Alternatively Inside Out can allow you to refresh old and forgotten memories by hand. I don't think it works if the memory has been totally lost though.
>>
>>52974694

Psychonauts, if you can enter your own brain. From what I remember of the game certain memories were kept in walking vaults

If nothing else, any perks or abilities that allow you to enter a mindscape would assist.
>>
File: Lily8.jpg (352KB, 850x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Lily8.jpg
352KB, 850x1084px
>>52970008
Seems fine. It won't add more mana then you can handle, just up to your max.

>>52974300
I doubt he'd count as human, given he's 60% God. If this is the perk you're using to put it on him, it'd fall through.
>>
>>52974745
Surprise
Something from an alternate elemental table, like wood or metal
Anything from the periodic table, if you're an insufferable prick
Basing it around seasons instead of the normal elements
Explosions
>>
>>52974697
Changelog?
>>
>>52974810
>Explosions
Best element
>>
Speaking of the Taboo, how many of the really nasty baddies in Jumpchain count as human?

I'm trying to consider whether I want to get this perk, but I think most of the big bosses you'd really want to use it on aren't human, they're angels or demons or some shit like that.
>>
>>52974821

It's already in the pdf, after Notes.
>>
>>52974810
>Anything from the periodic table
Hey! I'll have you know that's perfectly fine for systems where 'Elements' can be basically anything from concepts to specific substances.

It won't work for me right now though because the element has to have another element that it's weak against.
>>
>>52974697
>put both capbreaking perks back in
But why?
>>
>>52974867
I dislike it because the vast majority of the people who use it act incredibly smug when they do so.
>>
>>52974876
Because fuck you and your autism in particular?
>>
>>52974697
>Put both capbreaking perks back in
Fuck off.
>>
>>52973499
>>52973528
>>52973535
>>52973703
Oh, well ok then. I probably have a few mutations as well being no caste. Thanks anons!
>>
>>52974876
>>52974901
If you don't like the perk don't buy it.
>>
>>52974694
Assassin's Creed. Strap yourself into an Animus and go through all your old memories.
>>
>>52974925
It still doesn't fit and was discussed at length as to why.
Like honestly I just don't see why he'd put it back after agreeing to take it out before.

I'm not going to shit my pants over it, but it's a little baffling to me.
>>
>>52974857
Well, realistically, Apocalypse and the rest of the Homo Superior race should count as "human", but Marvel fucked around so they don't. Personally, I'd say that conceptual perks granted by a nigh-omnipotent entity wouldn't care for petty mortal quibbling, but...

Also, isn't it not just "humans"? I thought there was some discussion back that the taboo also didn't work on demons in the series, despite being gods.
>>
>>52974886
I mean, I wouldn't know about that? No one in their right mind would do that though because Chemical Elements aren't that strong in the best of cases. I only did it because it makes manufacturing chemical weaponry a lot easier.
>>
>>52974925
Your right to voice you opinion on the content of jumps has officially been revoked.
>>
>>52974965
The Taboo works on anything you put it on. The perk Racial Taboo only puts it on humans.
>>
>>52974925
>let's just ignore the entire thread's worth of arguments on why the capbreaker perks made no sense regarding the setting.
>>
>>52974697
Why did you put that perk back in? Do you even have an answer for any of the arguments on why it should be taken out?
>>
>>52974972
No. Your right to voice your opinion is revoked, as so is everyone else that agrees with you.
>>
>>52975006
Fuck off Record, at least argue with your name on.
>>
>>52974983
Ah, I would've thought it just applied to "mortals".
>>
>>52974988
>>52974989
Why should a jump maker acquiesce to the demands of shitposters?
>>
>>52975031
He shouldn't. Your mistake is that this is shitposting.
>>
>>52975054
It totally is shitposting though.
>>
>>52974988
Perks don't have to make sense for a setting. There are plenty of jumps with completely OC perks. Most of the ones in Infernals aren't possible in Exalted. Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie doesn't really know the answer to every multiple choice question in the universe. Girls und Panzer doesn't have an extra hour in a day. It's fine.

Besides we already have other perks that do the same thing.
>>
>>52974697
Not getting on the drive until you can at least answer why those perks are in again.

And it better be more than you just wanting them in.
>>
>>52975078
For fucks sake, we already answered this argument from you Record. Go back and read that thread and then take it out of the jump again you sneak.
>>
>>52975082
You don't control what gets on the drive, asshole.
>>
File: 1481934445666.png (1MB, 1048x888px) Image search: [Google]
1481934445666.png
1MB, 1048x888px
Quick factoid for anyone who might still care about a Keijo jump, apparently the manga ended/is ending soon due to poor sales.

So, there's that.
>>
>>52974989

The arguments amounted to "this has no basis in canon!" but some of the other perks like Mass Blaster and the weapon and magic specialization perks could be argued to also have no basis in canon, yet they didn't get anywhere near so much vitriol.

So fuck it.
>>
>No one can defend the perks except by insulting others
Please remember this while reading the discussion.
>>
>>52975093
Fuck off. I don't care if your autistic ass screams for the rest of the fucking thread, you're not right because you shitposted continuously for an entire past thread.
>>
>>52975138
As has been your interaction with anybody who has disagreed with you on SB as well.

Wonderful attitude to carry.
>>
>>52975138
It doesn't matter what you think, we told you to take it out, so you have to take it out or it's not going on the drive.
>>
>>52975082
He was distraught that someone pointed out a flaw in his "become a Prismatic Dragon in Ravenloft" plan and in his haste sought another method of infinite potential power.
>>
>>52975138
Wow. So it really is just you ignoring an entire thread so you can shove in a perk you want for yourself. Aren't those other perks things you yourself pointed out several times were based on gameplay mechanics? At least be fucking honest when you try to make a defence for this perk.
>>
>>52975098
>Quick factoid for anyone who might still care about a Keijo jump, apparently the manga ended/is ending soon due to poor sales.
Wasnt that disproven as a fake translation by someone who wanted to bait /a/?
>>
>>52975177
Yes, it's been obvious from the start exactly why he's putting the perk in.
>>
>>52975138
>So fuck it.
That is the exact wrong answer, even people who don't care are going to oppose the perks on principle now.

People take issue with it, they're not going to accept it if your response is "fuck it."
>>
File: 1487551914752.jpg (11KB, 236x260px) Image search: [Google]
1487551914752.jpg
11KB, 236x260px
>>52975138
Well at least you have a reason.
I don't think that something that is well and above what anything the setting is capable should be a purly oc perk.
It's not something I'm going to throw a fit over since you've decided that you like it so much, but it does strike me as a strange design choice and I question why you made it. It's to the point where I think it hurts the jump in terms of balance and flavor since FF Mystic quest really wasn't about grinding to the top.

I guess since you still have to grind into it it's not actually broked, but then again you could undercut the need for it entirely by distancing the jump from mechanics so hard.
>>
>>52975187
Bullshit. If he wanted to make a power grab he could get this exact same perk in several other jumps.
>>
>>52975179
You'd have more of a point if you didn't shitpost continuously instead of actually providing substantive arguments. Which you haven't done.
>>
>>52975209
Ahahaha. Right, and not in this jump with easy drawbacks, little real danger (There's even an option to have the hero help you out) and the perks being cheap and doing more then any like it.
>>
>>52974806
I have been thinking of how to get an unlimited mana capacity and had an idea of how to make one work as an NP. Could you tell me if this would work?

>Cup Overflowing Rank:EX
Your capacity for holding mana seems to be limitless, and in a way this is true. Not because your capacity is actually infinite but because you can strangely stockpile infinitely more than your actual capacity.

Essentially this gives you an arbitrarily large mana pool with a few key limits.

This doesn't increase the amount of mana you can use at once. Even if you have a way to use all your mana at once that only means you could use your full capacity at once. This isn't infinite capacity, it is storing more than your capacity.

This does not affect the rate you regain mana, if you regain a fraction of your mana capacity at a certain rate this doesn't mean you regen mana at a fraction of infinity. This isn't infinite capacity, it is storing more than your capacity.

Similarly anything that restores "all your mana" only restores as much as your full capacity. This isn't infinite capacity, it is. . . you get the idea.
>>
>>52975186
I dunno, maybe. I'm just parroting third-hand /a/ rumors.

It's probably for the best if it's not ending yet, I don't yet have a good ass-related "end" pun ready for the last chapter.
>>
File: 1484989015210.jpg (271KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484989015210.jpg
271KB, 1280x960px
Are we really going to do this shit again?
>>
>>52975227
>doing more then any like it
How is this perk any better than other soft cap perks?
>>
>>52975203

You still have to earn your skill etc, just like if you went and picked up a capbreaker in another jump.

So you personally are not going to benefit from this perk in the gauntlet for a while yet.

>>52975246

Apparently!
>>
>>52974806
Does the Third Key fail because it only works on humans? Or is it because of Gilgamesh's strength?
>>
>>52975231
I guess it would work? Kinda torn between suspicion that it's being specifically worded so you can break it with something else and being fine with it because it is actually limited. Can't really do anything about that though. Wouldn't be EX rank, in any case. Probably A rank.
>>
Is it possible to survive the Love of the Ladylord drawback in Infinicon? It's one of those things that either seems impossible or just about the hardest challenge in the Chain, with not much room in between.
>>
>>52975297
Third Key wouldn't fail as long as you weren't much weaker then Gil. It's the Racial Taboo perk that wouldn't affect him, since he's more divine then human.
>>
File: Kp6RN00.png (46KB, 1200x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Kp6RN00.png
46KB, 1200x1314px
>>52975246
WELL IT SEEMS TO BE WHAT RECORD WANTS
WHAT WITH HIS REASONS BEING "BECAUSE FUCK YOU"

SO YEAH
I GUESS WE ARE
>>
>>52975295
Of course the only arguments he has is referring to other jumps.

You're a dirty sneak Record. I bet you brought people over from SB just to shout at others.
>>
>>52975306
Be a better Mary Sue? That's not all that difficult given how many jumps there are.
Either that or actually be into what she's offering.
>>
>>52975309
So, it only works on humans, right? Not similarly populated races such as dwarves and orcs?
>>
>>52975339
Racial Taboo? Yeah, just humans.
>>
>>52975316
He's right though. There's legitimately no reason to remove the perks besides becaise you shitposted at him over it for en entire thread, so it's just as valid to put it back in to spite you.
>>
>>52975309
Great thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>52975299
Yay. I have been trying to get an unlimited mana pool thing for ages. There are plenty of good ways to get outright unlimited mana but that feels too OP and my autism demands muh arbitrarily large mana pool instead because reasons.
>>
>>52975295
So it's blowing 600 cp on something that doesn't even help much in the gauntlet itself?
I mean I can see that angle, but it's still seems like a shaky excuse.

It's not that I think it's a broken perk it's more that I wonder why it's in mystic quest of all things.
I would have expected a perk for having allies level with you when meeting up with them over something like this.
>>
>>52975251
It isn't he just wants a reason to shitpost at Record.
>>
>>52975339
>Only works on humans

>Elf smugs at jumper as yet more proof is presented for elvish superiority
>>
>>52975251
It actually is. It works on apparently anything at all with any sort of limit, not only on things that you can train up in the first place. Any power, ability, skill, part of your mind, body or soul apparently now has no limit on how far it can go. Which totally fits I'm sure and isn't Record wanting a 'capbreaker' without limits on what it can affect.
>>
>>52975359
You prove your the shitposter by dismissing the many and varied arguments given in that thread as shit posting. Same with Record. It's why we know the two of you are working together.
>>
>>52975389
So? Who cares? That's no reason it shouldn't be in the jump.
>>
>>52975359
Hey now the last time had several people who weren't shitposting about it.
There just was also shitposting, but that's every thread.
>>
>>52975389
That's how most softcap perks work though.
>>
What perks are out there for hiding power levels or otherwise having abilities be undetectable.

I know of one from Disgea, are there any others?
>>
>>52975405
>we
shitposter confirmed.
>>
>>52975383
He's lying that it doesn't help. One of the biggest complaints, one he never tried using the excuse that it didn't help, was that taking that perk let you just grind your way to being strong enough to easily beat the gauntlet, turning what was meant to be a challenge into a matter of being patient.
>>
>>52975422
Just put your anime in the closet you fucking dweeb.
>>
>>52975408
And yet you try to decry others for not having substantive arguments.

>>52975421
No, it's not.
>>
>>52975389
>>52975442
>Softcap – More practice means more results. Your skills and physical attributes (including your ability to cast spells) will never reach their apex. Not because they can't get better, but because they can always climb higher. Getting stronger may take a few million pushups, but if you got the time you can always seem to eek out a little more power. The only limit on your growth is how much time you can spend training. It should be noted that at the higher levels of power, it takes significantly more training to see even the slightest of results.
So it works exactly like Softcap from Elona.

>>52975428
Gauntlets don't have to meet your arbitrary standards for "challenging", limit wanker.
>>
>>52975383

But if you spend that 600 then allies do level with you.
>>
>>52975405
You prove you're a shitposter by pretending your shitposting isn't shitposting and claiming to be multiple people in a previous thread.
>>
>>52975469
>Skills and physical attributes and magic
>Any power, ability, skill, mind, body or soul thing
Oh look Record's version covers several times as much stuff.
>>
File: d7f.gif (2MB, 515x286px) Image search: [Google]
d7f.gif
2MB, 515x286px
>>52975435
no
>>
File: Our Boy.jpg (154KB, 723x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Our Boy.jpg
154KB, 723x1133px
>>52975428
I was there for that thread my dude.
Being able to git gud doesn't help if you aren't gud yet.
I assume that's what he means by it since the final boss isn't exactly difficult in Mystic Quest. Not if you're at the level cap anyways.

lol cure

>>52975473
Well yeah, but by that I mean in the way that every time somebody joins your party they're always scaled to you.
Which is really bizarre when the woodcutter girl rejoins at like level 30 when she was 6 before even though she was in a coma.
>>
>>52975469
So you admit the gauntlet is a cheap power grab made for this power?
>>
>>52975486
All powers are a kind of skill. The brain and soul are part of the body, so they count as physical attributes. Everything covered by this perk is covered by Softcap.
>>
>>52975473

I do like it for the ally-sharing.

That sets it apart from from other softcaps, even with the added hassle of surviving the extra +600CP of drawbacks.

>>52975486

Go on, explain how magic cannot include any of "power, ability, skill, mind, body or soul".
>>
>>52975497
So what if you aren't gud? You can spend all the time you like getting gud before heading off, with the main hero to help you too.
>>
File: I've won.png (510KB, 509x583px) Image search: [Google]
I've won.png
510KB, 509x583px
>>52975494
Do it.
>>
Shit like this is why I hate every last one of you.
>>
>>52975486
>impling
You are just arguing semantics and pretending like there's a qualitative difference. There's not. Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>52975508
Why would someone make a jump just for a softcap perk when there are already so many?
There's not much need to make jumps specifically for a power anymore given how many there are.
>>
>>52975509
>>52975520
Oh my god you really are from SB. How can you wank so hard. You seriously look at "Elona casting magic ability" and equate it to every power you have.
>>
File: 4f1.jpg (235KB, 770x587px) Image search: [Google]
4f1.jpg
235KB, 770x587px
>>52975480
I prove that I'm the shitposter by shitposting and other peoples shitposts while also shitposting as a shitposter.

So basically shitception
>>
>>52975525
>Semantics
Funny that you fall back on insults when you don't actually have a defence that doesn't make you look ridiculous.

>>52975527
Cheaper, covers more then any other, easier to gain, doesn't make him have to buy it in other jumps.
>>
I'll just mention that Monopoly is also easy to cheese and easy to get a lot of wealth from, and it's been on the drive for a very long time.
>>
>>52975299
In an attempt to say it in a way that closes potential loop holes, it is like having a second mana pool with unlimited capacity but you can't directly use the mana in it. It simply stores overflow from your mana regen/recovery that would normally be wasted and immediately refills the main mana pool when mana is used.

Anything that interacts with factions/or percents of your mana pool only accounts for the main mana pool and since mana from the second pool cannot be used directly it is impossible to use more mana than is in the main pool at once.
>>
>>52975567
>Easy to cheese and get a lot of money
>Anything relevant to the current discussion
you cannot be this stupid. please you cannot it is hurting my head
>>
>>52975563
>doesn't make him have to buy it in other jumps.
You heard it here first. If you offer any power in a jump it has to be completely unique or else you're using it as a power grab for jumps with identical perks.
>>
>>52975567
And now he shits on Wakfu.

Because of course.
>>
>>52975576
I know. Like I said, the ability is fine on it's own and I understand how it works and why there aren't holes. It's just that I feel suspicious when such a specific ability is looked for that you would be planning to remove the limits with something else. But again, like I said, nothing I can really do about it.
>>
File: 1476621140410.png (11KB, 373x336px) Image search: [Google]
1476621140410.png
11KB, 373x336px
>>52975521
You know there's already plenty of room for good even without taking the softcap yes?
The level cap is above the part where the game would actually stay difficult. Not like living it is exactly the same, but the perk isn't the ez button.

I don't know why you're trying to get me to defend this perk so much but whatever the reason is you've done it.
>>
>>52975563
The fact that you're making shit up and arguing the meaning of words and interpretations of them in order to pretend like you have a point makes you pathetic. I don't have a defense? You don't even have a fucking argument.
>>
>>52975587
And anon starts with the cherrypicking. Knew you'd get there eventually.

>>52975604
So the level cap breaker not only doesn't fit, it's also not needed and all it serves to do is let you grind until the game is easy as pie. This isn't really defending it.
Thread posts: 666
Thread images: 116

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.