[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/BCWG/ Blades of the Crimson World General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 27

File: abstruthian warlord.jpg (146KB, 736x1103px) Image search: [Google]
abstruthian warlord.jpg
146KB, 736x1103px
Abstruthia Vult edition

previous thread >>52937732

I can't find any megas.
>>
>>52940919

Honestly? Two guys in red robes in the background of some character art and the fact that smell and taste are important to blood magic. Senses that are noted as very sharp in Victorinius in both his statblock and the lore.

That and we already have the resident "no magic no trick WAR PROWESS ONLY" faction in the Inquirias.
>>
>Implying the Captain Ricky books aren't the best novels the series has to offer
>>
Mega got fragged cause the devs want to use our wallets as cocksleeves. Why else would the Crimson Codex be behind a paywall? Why else would over half the lore updates be exclusive to it?
>>
>>52940994
Alright, we didn't get this resolved last time. Pale Mumbler vs. basic Abomiknight squad and an Exalted Trio of Dith. Just so there's no nitpicking, there is no Abomiknight Energumen in the squad and they're not by a Towercrypt. Goddamn.
>>
File: 1470767108671.jpg (208KB, 800x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1470767108671.jpg
208KB, 800x1062px
Have the Abstruthians already fixed that necromancer on the sewers problem yet?
>>
>>52941076
>Another crimsonfag complains about the mega
>>
>>52941110
Which edition? Cause the Pale Mumbler was OP in 2.5-4.9.
>>52941120
Hey! They fucked too much stuff for me to give them my money.
>>
Is this a wargame or an RPG?
>>
>>52941177
BOTH
>>
>>52941120
Um, no? As if Abstruthians would get their pretty little hands dirty even if it meant risking their hold on the region.
>>
>>52940465
Mice prince are interesting, I like how they were introduced in the 'Rotten throne' adventure book, How the DM is told to play up the comical angle.
I mean they look ridiculous with there tarnished crown and rotten cape.
But than you read there size which is 25ft on average and there abilities like the aura of rot and the ability to just keep vomiting demonic mice swarms every few minutes.
>>
File: Abominknight1.jpg (86KB, 720x515px) Image search: [Google]
Abominknight1.jpg
86KB, 720x515px
when are the abomiknights gonna fucking do anything, they've been trying to get the cradle for like 3 editions, just move the fucking plot. also abomiknights best faction
>>
>>52941177
yes, with a CCG that is a separate timeline. Also, the RPG is, last I saw, at edition 6, with an unnumbered version produced by AEG using a proprietary rune casting system
>>
>>52941177
Both. Also a CCG for a bit. And a series of novels with questionable canonicity. Probably has some DOS games too. Insert disk 13 of 34 of Heir to the Crimson Crown.
>>
>>52941219
Weren't they mentioned as moving on the cradle of life like, in the last release?
>>
If we've got a mapper in here, how about a quick map with some places from the last thread? And the Counter-Empire is just the same map, reversed with inverted colors?.
>>
>>52941252
like that isn't just another ploy to sell more cradle-warden kits
>>
>>52941279
>Counter Empire
Don't bring those non-canon purple vampires into this.
>>
>>52941239
Heir to The Crimson Crown was awesome. We need more companies like Sierra back.
And it's multiple novels, including the Timeline Quartus version of all properties that is Japan only since one of the nations was an insult to the Japanese Emperor and the nation in general. Just don't use them to support your argument, a whole bunch of the Japanese material was limited release.
>>
>>52941308
>purple

THEY WERE BLUE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Purgatan.jpg (825KB, 1134x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Purgatan.jpg
825KB, 1134x1080px
>>52941219
The purgatan crusade still hasn't cleansed the continent from the Abomifilth?

I'm disappointed really...
>>
File: crimson knights.jpg (53KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
crimson knights.jpg
53KB, 300x500px
>>52941219
>still liking the Abomiknights after the Crimson Knights ruined their shit in the last faction book.

You are just a glutton for punishment are you?
>>
>>52941171
Ehhh, let's say 4.2. Still reasonably buffed but without the Inane Ravings chant that would have it stomp the Abomiknights before they lifted their cursed swords.
>>
>>52941322
I loved it, but I lost the manual during a move and then I could never answer the DRM questions. "On page 45, paragraph 6, translate the 5th word into Counter-Dithian."
>>
>>52941177
Blades of the Crimson World is the original wargame, taking its name from the old days when the only factions were the Crimson Knights, a few generic kingdoms, the pre-counter Grand Empire, and the Covenant of Blades. They tried bringing back the Covenant during the 'Month of Blades' a few years back, but it didn't stick.

The RPG, Chronicles of Kyran, came later. It was actually based on the books following a then-minor Kanesgrove lore figure, interestingly enough.

Then there's the CCG "Banners of the Crimson World", the books of various titles, and a mostly-complete pilot for a mercifully never made show simply titled "World of Blades".
>>
>>52941219
The Abomiknights are best faction because they keep getting close, getting shot down in flames, then getting back up on that horse again to try and cure their mutations.
>>
>>52941279
That is exactly what it is.
>>
>>52941329
Well then, everything is terrain dependent. On a flat plain with no terrain type, its a close call, but average damage and tactical movement limitations put the Pale Mumbler as the winner 2 light wounds ahead of the rest. So one to three good rolls would fill all the penalty boxes with heavy wounds on his part, meaning at least one of the Abomiknights would be able to call a Killing Blow, since only they could feasibly tank the DPR enough to get to that point.
>>
>>52941329
Why would Abomiknights even be fighting an outsider spawn? They might not like each other but unless they were directly working against the others goals they would probably just avoid each other.
>>
>>52941419
Outsider Spawn have always wanted to get their hands on the Cradle. They can't get it though, because it keeps moving, because the Knights keep getting too close.
>>
>>52941354
Chronicles the best, since they actually attempted to fix all the faction pandering in Blades, which is nothing compared to the shit you see in Banners.
>>
We need to make a faction list.
>>
File: Pertinax.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pertinax.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>52941371
>he thinks the knights are trying to get the cradle to cure the rageblight

bro that was in the primus timeline. they need it to produce on offering to summon Pertinax the gorger, the 4th ragelord, the knights have gone full crazy man. still the best though
>>
Oh yeah, I asked this last thread, but does anyone remember when AEG had the license for Chronicles and they tried the new RuneCaster system for it? Does anyone have the core for that, or at least pics of the runes and their meanings? I wanna make them, even though its eight sets of ten runes each. What even happened to that system anyway?
>>
Of all the (mostly-background these days) factions/race, Chorjingian are so frickin' weird: a mixture of post WW2 Japan, Yakuza Shocker from Kamen Rider and genetic-engineering alchemist all rolled into one, with fucking mutants with bolted to their skin as elite soldiers. Granted, later editions really toned down how metal and edgy they were.
>>
>>52941498
I agree, which factions do we have so far? Abomiknights, duty, the anti empire, outsiders, Dith, Crimson knights, who else?
>>
>>52941550
Beast cults, also plenty of minor factions, some of which are mostly lore-only outside of the RPG, since they don't have support in the CCG or tabletop wargame
>>
>>52941513
I hate how they made the knights full edgelords, it was better when we had monsters with noble intentions, even if they used terrible means to achieve them.
>>
Oot: Did anyone archive the last thread? This is a project, so I thinkmit can go on sup/tg/
>>
>>52941550
The Eastern Guard of the Khalos as well.
>>
>>52941550

Vagafalcons
>>
>>52941141
Ustanius isn't even a princeps, idk why you seem to think he's important.
Pic related on the other hand
>fought his way up from the streets in Grand Abstruth
>proved himself worthy of joining the meritocrat council
>Lord-princeps of his own gladiator corps
>beat the Crimson knights at their own game in the battle of Garuth Pass
How can baronlings even compete?
>>
>>52941550
There's the Ultrastellars, but they don't show up much outside Banners these days.

>>52941573
Were the Beast Cults the same as the Wild Thanes? I can never keep them straight.
>>
>>52941631
>Were the Beast Cults the same as the Wild Thanes?
Sorta, there was a lot overlap, since both factions could use the other as mercenaries with a point cost discount. They're basically the same faction with two different groups inside.
>>
>>52941550
inquirias, abstruthians, whoever the hooker queen is in charge of.
>>
>>52941550
Ten bucks says we get a Malthorian faction in a splat book.
>>
>>52941550
The Academies
>>
>>52941550
Kalkesians, Norv, Chorjingia (source of the Abomiknights), Kaleria (one of the Southern Kingdoms, great golem armies for massive cheese if you get past the learning curve), lemme dig through my Chronicles collection.
>>
>>52941742
Hooker queen is Norv.
>>
>>52940994
What the fuck is even up with the scale/shape of the world of BCWG? I know nowadays it has way too much shit going on to even be earth-sized (or even truly earth-like, if you dig into weirder stuff like the Infraworld aka 'fucking hollow earth with elemental mutants and shit') but no edition can even keep the scale or shape consistent and that's not even going into all the planar and temporal retcon, both in and out of universe.

Help me untangle this mess, guys!
>>
>>52941763
Eh, this is going to take a while... Portions of Chronicles were declared non-canon since the half the 3.0 and 4.0 writers accidentally mashed the Timelines together. Secondus Alpha was such a mistake. Can't we go back to Primus? That lore team is still active.
>>
>>52941550
>Abomiknights
>Counter-Empire
>The Rebellion
>Wizards republic of ageros
>Dith
>Unflarked
>Wolf-Thanes
>Norv
>Crimson Knights
>Inquirias
>Molemen
>Eastern Kingdoms
>Blackened Sun
>Vagafalcons
>The White Council
>The Outsider Church
>Beast Cults
>Boena
>Rhosyn
>Kanesgrove Mage Academy
>Seekers of Lamalcious
>Jazz Battalions
>Kalkesians
>Ultrastellar Foundation
>Abstruthian Warlords
>Bh'nenoi
>The Flying City of Taush

Sorry if I missed any.
>>
So just to be clear, I get that the Inheritor is sorta the ultimate fighter and is dutied with keeping things in check, but like, which factions agree to this? isnt it like the Khalos Kagatos of the East? am i supposed to believe that Beast Cults agree to this? Is it like just a political title played by Norv and the various thanes?
>>
>>52941833
Chronicles 5.5 answered your question. It's a series of basement universes caused by massive space-time distortions from Almadii funerary rituals. So we literally have extra space, yet the overall average shape is still an earth-sized sphere.
>>
>>52941911
Oh, right it's from the late writers-were-super-fucking-high era isn't it?
>>
>>52941930
Actually, it was a fan theory that they canonized after Neil Degrasse Tyson and Brian Greene got on the forums during late 5.0 and proposed it.
>>
>>52941901
Not sure about the others, but the Beast Cults have had their tails between their legs since the Bh'nenoi rode off on their gods. A lame dith could cow them into submission.
>>
>>52941911
>basement universes caused by massive space-time distortions from Almadii funerary rituals.
Man, ancient Almadii had so much weird shit. Like having a fucking funeral screw up space time and creating a semi-contained space (best way I can explain it) which reflect the lives of their ancient-leaders. That would be like having a tombstone. That is also a place. And a moment in space and time.

And then getting this shit ransacked later and turned into someone else's military fortress or secret kingdom.
>>
>>52941901
The Beast Cults don't agree to anything except that their Beast is fucking rad and anyone who want to kill or tame it needs to die.
>>
>>52942057
Actually, just a normal kingdom thanks to the spacetime curvature being effectively flat despite bulging out of our dimensional space. It's just that its borders enclose an externally smaller space than it actually covers. I would have to find the PDf of their maths again, since the thread got taken down in the upcoming forum changeover to 6.0.
>>
>>52942112
Wait, so you're telling me I had it wrong all these years? So what, it's basically like a 300 miles radius within a 10 miles radius to the rest of the world?
>>
>>52942137
Yeah, and we got like, twenty of them bigger than that. The Counter-Empire is the biggest one at a 25000 mile internal radius with a 150 mile external. That one was caused by Jurteno Kidaniwa, the main Almadii god, performing his own funeral rite at the beginning of his godhood while disconnected from the time stream so it would be brought into reality at the moment of his death, as he foresaw the death of all of his followers before he would die.
>>
OOC, we should really compile all the factions along with their flavors and motivations. A map wouldn't hurt either
>>
>>52942057
And don't forget that canonically, all the legendary weapons are literally the same Almadii sentient weapon looping through time in different forms so it can experience as much of this era as possible.
But considering how much of the 7th Sea 3rd Edition budget John Wick bribed them with to make his "Ancient Almadii Conspiracy" homebrew canon... Never before have I seen the Illuminati be someone's magical realm.
>>
>>52942306
>OOC, we should really compile all the factions along with their flavors and motivations. A map wouldn't hurt either

Doing this too much, though, makes it a setting. Not a fake setting. Might as well make a rulebook for Mornington Crescent.
>>
>>52942306
>>52942557
And a map is impossible thanks to >>52941911
Which I'm not apologizing for. Seriously, that is the greatest over the top asspull I have ever done.
>>
File: serveimage.gif (15KB, 257x337px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
15KB, 257x337px
>>52942306
I'll start

Vagafalcons

> flavor

Think Hight elves+bird person+ancient Mayans

Believe in Reincarnation

Their king and spiritual leader is the Lord of Birds

Make temples out of enemies bones

Some of the high priest can summon lightning and can make truly apocalyptic events during solar eclipses

> motivation

Back in the old times they used to own half the world land

But these days there the own 1/25 of the world

They want to rebuild the old empire
>>
>>52942615
So what do we got on the Abominknights, beside being a race of genetically engineered/mutated super-warriors of some kind? Who seem to be constantly at war.
>>
>>52942746
In the last thread they were referred to as 'Mountain Nigs', so they're likely based out of a mountainous region.
>>
>>52942762
Make sense: mountains can be carved into fortress.
>>
>>52942615
Grew out of a Beast Cult.
>>
File: the whore queen.png (198KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the whore queen.png
198KB, 1024x1024px
>Queen Lusscen will never sleep with you to save her men from an unnecessary battle even though you had no intention of fighting her in the first place.
>>
>>52941865
Many of them are clearly more 'minor faction' material.
>>
>>52942306
I've decided to work on a very crude, very barebone map which others can expand upon or edit or just use as some starting point.
>>
>>52943029
Gah, nevermind, we're too early into this mess to even bother. I suppose ideally we'd want a map which is travel-friendly to allow all those factions to buttfuck another.
>>
File: BCWGEarlyMap.png (56KB, 1280x1205px) Image search: [Google]
BCWGEarlyMap.png
56KB, 1280x1205px
And then I changed my mind. Here's a WIP, with my idea that the Empire and most factions are centered around this inner sea and central continent for maximum interactions.
>>
>>52941351
Venthia il gannorn
I memorized that years ago when my roommate borked the game code trying to bypass it because she was too lazy to ask me for the manual. We got hit with that every chapter change for three months before she fixed it and removed the DRM.
I should ask her if she still has the code for the winxp port or if that got lost when a DMCA hacker virused her hard drive.
>>
File: BCWGMap.png (51KB, 1280x1205px) Image search: [Google]
BCWGMap.png
51KB, 1280x1205px
All right you glorious motherfuckers. I give to you the genesis of a new world. Please be gentle with it. And here is the file meant to be used with Hexographer. What will you guys fill this world with I have no idea but I sure damn hope it's a as good as last thread.

https://ufile.io/xsvgw
>>
>>52943521
Dropping the Almadii distortions on this map is going to be fun, especially since the Counter-Empire distortion is bigger than the planet. Thankfully the distortion border is shared with three other factions.
>>
>>52943648
Random thought: Distortions also exist in the atmosphere and underwater, creating weird time-space-bent air and sea currents, causing some weirdass seasons and weather.
>>
Have some weird art to inspire you guys before I go to bed and we continue this mess in the morning. Maybe. Hopefully. This one has a weird filename, don't ask me why.

This it totally some southern kingdom/region where people have tamed colorful land crustaceans reinforced with mechanical parts or...something?
>>
>>52943704
>>
>>52943704
Ah, a Kalerian carriage golem. Love those things, and the ballista versions in all properties are awesome artillery support.
>>52943669
Well yeah, the Almadii performed their funeral rituals wherever they wanted. That's why you can't really see moons 3 through 15.
>>
>>52943722
Most people don't get that the Kulthyuna Beast Cult really love their ancient architecture. Makes sense, since their beast demands the worlds being recreated in his chosen designs, down to the animals.
>>
>>52943722
>>52943793
Or its the Counter-Empire. The art for Blades 5.2 kinda blurred everything together.
>>
>>52943811
It's like Magic: The Gathering. The art is getting pretty 'samey' these days. Gone are the day of glorious steampunk heavy metal album cover Abomiknights!
>>
>>52941354
Oh, if anyone has been watching the blades 7.0 dev thread on Crimson Tower, are they bringing back the single-unit muti-player group play rules that they pulled out in 4.6? I know its weird to have two canon RPG systems for the same setting being used at the same time, but it was a great way to get people into chronicles, and I kinda miss them, it helped show just how OP adventurers are compared to the average unit.
>>
>Implying the Counter Empire didn't kill the sentient idea in the third universal crisis.
>>
>>52944593
Third Universal Crisis isn't canon, since that was the Tales comics put out by Amalgam, and they lost the license when their story team ignored the 4495 story update in 1990. They still had it for six months afterwards since the dev team was busy with the first tournaments to determine the 4497 buildup, but everything after Tales of The Crimson World #152 isn't canon and Third Universal Crisis started #154.
>>
>>52939188
Banners gave us an update on Ulderguard, the time looped village, with the 5523 Tertius Beta timeline update last month. The tournament in Los Angeles was fighting over that village, since the loop was on a seasonal cycle for the harvest, meaning almost an almost infinite supply of food from them thanks to the loose limits they put on removal of materials.
Seriously, they were just asking for players to abuse that, nice to see that they acknowledged how broken it is in universe.
I know its Tertius Beta, but some of those story decisions make sense for even Primarus, and Banners updates are free from Crimson Codex.
>>
File: this pleases the plankton.png (374KB, 590x577px) Image search: [Google]
this pleases the plankton.png
374KB, 590x577px
>>52944593
Friendly reminder that the Rebellion has been exposed twice to be evil and the Counter-Emperor did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52945081
At this point you can count one, maybe two hands the amount of 'dead' continuities.
>>
>>52945081
But remember that the sentient idea fortold that it would be rendered noncanon and stored a cognitive pulse in the exiled prince in the third timeline rendering all works canon inside the counter empire.
>>
>>52941328
fuck off redboi
War for Folly's Peak when?
>>
>>52943521
So it the bottom right island the criminally under-developed not!Africa?
>>
>>52946303
No, it's the not!Poland.

Do you even Charts of Lore bruh?
>>
File: The Thing That Treks.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Thing That Treks.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>>52942939
Good.
Remember, she released this wanker from the Unmanifest because she thought her brother would steal her buttplug crystal
>>
File: warlock.jpg (56KB, 486x1000px) Image search: [Google]
warlock.jpg
56KB, 486x1000px
On the peaks of the Waving Mountains, within the great bastion called Derelictus, the Abomiknight Commanders plot for a way to reach the Cradle of Life and take direct control of their mutations.
If they were ever to succeed, their armies would become unstoppable as this peculiar form of eugenics will certainly prove too much for the Realms, or so do the wise men say.
It is to be noted that the Abomiknights do not just wish to subdue any foe they might have, that in truth is quite secondary to the main goal, which is stopping deaths and madness in their ranks due to incorrect mutation processes.
Since their Grandmaster and patriarch Rabrigan Darkseeker's willful exposure to the Pyramid of Possibilities, also called the Pyramid of Obiu'rot, an artifact that was said to be hidden deep within the Fading Chambers, his sons would all have different mutations.
He proceeded to have as many as he could; nobody knows why he would do such a thing.
Some came out with outstanding inhuman powers on top of great beauty, while some others were just misshaped monsters.
He confined the deformed progeny with maids in a decadent wing of his fortress while the rest would grow up with their real mothers.
When they grew up, the monsters would be forced to stay within while many of Rabrigan's prodigy sons would make something of themselves in the real world where many of them would become famous later on for their majestic abilities.
>>
File: knight.jpg (434KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
434KB, 1000x647px
Years had passed and by now one full generation of deformed people were living together in hate.
Hate for their father that didn't want to see them as well as hate for the world that would never accept them, this much they understood.
They could no longer live with such seething hatred in their hearts and thus, during a night of Rubios, they forced their way to their normal brethrens' chambers.
The guards of the chambers fled without a fight at their sight, such was the dread the deformed could induce.
They tore the doors open and butchered everyone, unknowingly, even their own mothers.
When Rabrigan came to see what was happening it was already too late.
"Demons!" he shouted. "I should have thrown you off the cliff this fortress stands on the very moment you were born"
"Look what you made us into" replied Xarion Curseborn.
Rabrigan then managed to kill thirty-two of them before being overwhelmed by their latent psychic abilities and killed[1] by the immense punch of Bastabor Dreadtower, which would later on find out about his Energumen blood.
The band of mishaps then decided to keep the fortress, now called Derelictus for their operations of conquest and call themselves Abomiknights.
Over the years they have had many conflicts with the Crimson Knights and tried to kill Dardelioss Redthunder[2], one of the Crimson Lords on different assassination attempts, all failed.

[1]It is to be noted that some say the spirit of Rabrigan Darkseeker is now trapped in the Pyramid of Possibilities, within the Fading Chambers
[2]Dardelioss is one of the "prodigy sons" of Rabrigan and the Abomiknights want to eliminate them all
>>
>>52947003
>>52947018
Straight from the Tome of Abominations, guys!
sorry for the shitty english, not a native
>>
>>52947027
Your English seemed fine to me.
>>
>caring about crimsonfags at all after the fall of Luth'Nimur
>>
>>52948494
I thought Luth'Nimur happened because pre-meme Quartus had Warsinger Mogloth literally steal every single balance stone from the fortress. You know, not have Crimson Dindus look bad and all that shit.
>>
>>52948638
How the fuck did Mogloth even manage to steal the stones is beyond me.
Every stone was guarded by a Son of Paath and each room is magically warded and psychically connected to Lightbound wizards that can pop-up in a second if a barrier was breached, no way he could have taken all of them down legit. I'm sick of the
>he mysteriously managed
>through pure luck he could
and the rest of the vague stuff the authors constantly use during their asspulls.
Give me the fucking numbers because I'm pretty certain that shit couldn't have happened, not even if Inneros himself tried to.
>>
>>52945860
Except his third daughter Illinette removes the cognitive pulse from him as shown in Softly Walks this Wayward World, which has not be removed from canon and was certified as such in the 5522 update last year, meaning that the sentient idea is truly nonexistent.
>>
>>52949046
Actually, remember that after he stole the stones the devs revealed the Traitor Sons and their mana nulls, so he actually could, but only if you accept a behind the scenes team that set it up as a propaganda move against the Knight-Electors who supported the Crimson King's war proposal against the Beast Cults.
>>
>>52949046
Sure Inneros or Mogloth *alone* couldn't.

Kekekekeke
>>
File: Presbyteros.jpg (73KB, 552x800px) Image search: [Google]
Presbyteros.jpg
73KB, 552x800px
>>52949398
>Lament, the song that brings me ecstasy
>Pain, the touch that gives me warmth
>Go now kin of Inneros and feed my existance

Yeap, Mogloth is an idiot and on the endangered list.
>>
>>52945579
Please, the Unmanifest is playing both of them in its eternal fight against the Ether gods, which is about the only conspiracy plotline that makes sense.
The Thing that Walks and the Things that Skitter are just side effects of its Becoming, since they didn't exist until the Hooker Queen accidentally named them with their titles while telling a bedtime story while holding the Lopani Dinnev, which is what the Almadii used to make their ancestral predators part of the Unmanifest.
>>
>>52949686
Sorry, I meant the Thing that Treks, not the Thing that Walks, which is his second in command of the Things that Skitter.
>>
Are the Deep Elves evil yet?
>>
>>52949810
Sorta. The Sushin rebellion is getting into full swing against their corrupted brethren. Which is kinda interesting bullshit, since Matriarch Yentilla isn't related to enough of them for the Soldur Quentara to twist their morals into Almadii ones via bloodline, unless she's been putting the blood of other families on it in a way that doesn't make them think she's a false ruler.
Which she might be doing, or she might have finally found the Relgil Soshii, which would let her bloodline have an unshakable rule over the DE. Dark Elf lore is hard to track down.
>>
>>52945081
Jeasuas fucking Christ I was tired last night. I meant the 5495 and the 5497 story updates.
>>
ugh, I need to double check all my facts. I'm being so inconsistent with my asspulls. I need to sit down and work out the edition and story update timelines
>>
>>52950516
One way I like to explain it is that the franchise is a fucking mess with canon and arguing what is and what isn't canon is a favorite pastime of the fans just as much as arguing which interpretation of canon is true. Once (if?) we get a 1d4chan page I actually intend to run with the mess that is canon for some writefaggotry about the history of published novels and comics and how they kept contradicting each others as the license moved around, edition changed, retcon happened and all that jazz
>>
>>52950689
>>52950516
bruh I've been assembling a big ol' list of literally every faction mentioned so far and what they do, and it's still fucking incomprehensible. It's great.
>>
>>52950720
Exactly! Ain't it glorious?
>>
Is the Counter-Emperor out of that fucking cave yet or is he still wanking off until all Harbringers are out and fucking up the world?
>>
If the Boar Thane is released from quantum containment then the fucking Bh'nenoi traitor scum will need all the warmages on the continent to keep him from just trashing their entire mountain and releasing the Great Beasts as well as everything else they've hoarded there over the centuries.

He got owned pretty badly in the Bloodwonder Incident, but I promise: everything is actually just lining up to make Boar into the next Arch Thane.
>>
I'm still hoping that Ytthid's shitstirring actually has some rhyme and reason to it.
>>
>>52950516
>>52950689
>>52950720
I got the edition list for Blades, and the story years covered.
1st covered 5467, and was released 1977.
1.5/5468/1978
2.0/5469/1979
2.2 started 5470, skipped to 5480 (1st Season), released 1980 Those were the days when we didn't need a war a day.
2.5 started 5480 (2nd Season), skipped to 5485 (3rd Season).
2.7 ended 5485, and updated yearly until 5490.
3.0 saw the Amalgam debacle in 1990, while the devs were working on 5495 and 5497.
3.2 5498/99
3.5 saw the best story update ever, the 5500 Artifact Wars which was the excuse to solve world inconsistencies. I may have three years old in 95, but the grognards are right on this being the best time period to play in, with the 5501 Realignment ending being the second best.
3.7 saw 5502 and 5503.
4.0's 5504 saw a new story team that hated Realignment, and that's when we got the rigged tournaments that saw the multiverse coming into being and Primarius being destroyed to create Secondus.
4.1 marks the downfall of Norv starting in the 5505 story that saw the Man-Eater Diplomat becoming the Crown Princess and starting to lose her characterization.
4.2 gave us 5506/5507
4.3 5508/5509
4.5 gave us the Hooker Queen, who turned into "I'm so sexually empowered because I sleep with anyone for no reason!", as opposed to her diplomat days when her sex drive was a weapon best described as " pussy so good, men sell their nations for a night with it"
(Will continue In next post, this is taking a while)
>>
>>52951052
Glorious! When are we getting a page for all this shit?
>>
>>52951052
4.0 also marked the quickest edition updates we have ever seen, with 4.3, 4.5, 4.7, and 4.9 being released over 17 months and covering a total of 7 years of story with almost no tournaments to decide the story.
We wouldn't see a tournament until early 2005, with the release of 5.0, and the combined tournaments that harkened back to to the glorious 3.5 Grand World Tournament in 1995. It was also in 5.0 that we saw the timeline split again into Tertius for Blades and Chronicles. Banners, however, became Tertius Beta due to incompatible player rewards. 5515 and 5516 were fairly mediocre story years though.
5.2, 5.5, and 5.8 continues the traction of edition updates every two story year updates, except for 5.5 covering spending two updates on just 5519.
5.8's 5520 saw a lot of sudden lore changes thanks to the decision to use hidden conspiracies to retcon in world.
6.0 was released in 2010, and covered only the 1st season of 5522, with the 2nd and 4th seasons going to 6.2 and 6.5.
The current edition, 6.8, skipped the 1st season of 5523 and is focusing on the 2nd Season. We're staring down the barrel of an early 2018 release for 7.0, with indications that we're going to either skip some years, or an apocalypse that wipes us back to start. someone figure out when Timeline Quartus got created or named to such
>>
>>52951333
>someone figure out when Timeline Quartus got created or named to such
Quartus is all the side-story materials from 2005 to 2007/mid-2008, anything between 5.0 and 5.8's retcon. It became it's own timeline when some of the game, comics and books continued with the pre-5.8 retcons.
>>
>>52951333
The CCG ended up moving from Tertius Beta to Quartus when they started incorporating stuff from the Japan-only stuff, which up until then wasn't treated as canon.
>>
>>52951499
Also that: It's basically where all the pre-5.8 that continued ignoring 5.8 goes in a nutshell.
>>
>>52951052
>>52951333
Where are the Tomes of Abominations and the Crimson Codex + all other factions' rulebooks?
Or is this only covering the most general details?
>>
Edition Timeline for Chronicles of Kyran
1st edition 1983
2.0 1987
2.5 1990
In 1993 AEG had the license and tried a new system, the RuneCaster system, based on Ancient Almadii runes, which came in eight sets of ten. If anyone has it, let me know. I think the system was stat for total runes drawn/dice rolled, with skill level marking the target number to beat for each rune set/die. But anyways.
1995 saw a return to an updated 2.5, called 3.0, which saw multiple issues with canon compliance over the next four years, until the release of 4.0 to take advantage of the interest generated by the leaked D&D 3.0 play test material.
4.0 was shit, but lasted with the same issues as 3.0 until 2005.
That's when we got the best of all editions with 5.0, and quite frankly, the 2010 update to 5.5 just made it even better. I just hope the upcoming 6.0 release is just as good. It probably won't be.
>>
>>52951542
General details. Most faction books got updates with each edition update.
>>52951477
>>52951499
>>52951518
What was its name back in 93 when the Japanese Diet and Emperor sued the devs into changing Chorjingia into not an active insult? I know it was something other than "Japanese Edition", since it did have its own unique story updates. I know it stopped even partial compliance with the 5.8 updates.
>>
>>52950762
5522.4 shows him taking a nap while his concubines plot to take the Empress out on a date.
Its a very convenient cave.
>>
>>52951617
Someone else can work on the Banners edition timeline, I'm not good with CCGs.
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (404KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
404KB, 800x1236px
So we all agree that Caddia of Ryth is best girl (male), right?

>bearer of the Wheel of Exodus, and so ages half as fast.
>ripped the still-clicking heart out of the chest of a rogue Kalerian harvestmaster.
>straight up immunity to fire and frost for all dudes within her vision
>helped turn one of the lamest armies into GOAT
>>
>>52951792
She's the only thing that makes Rythian armies able to compete at all after they wrecked Southfire in the Manifold of Fate incident during 5.0.
For extra cheese, add the Accelerated Axle of Desuriel, but only if you know how to apply the overpenetration rules to terrain, because her charge attack with a 2 point lance will require that.
You'll also hit a target up to 50 feet away in a single rounds movement phase, apply the damage from that, then get her attack. Make sure you play at the back of the LGS so you can hit the 40k battles at the front.
>>
>>52951924
>>52951792
Okay, so let me expand. Caddis autoequips with the Wheel of Exodus, and has three equipment slots remaining. Add the Accelerated Axle of Desurial, Solid Sky Boots, and the Vicious Lance of Resanedu. It'll cost you about 75 points from the tournament standard of 200, but she's worth it. Attack gets a +8, enemy wound saves are at a -5, 3 dice of damage with rending giving an auto upgrade to medium wounds, and you can sky joust a flying unit two rooms away.
Cheesy as hell, but she can't score any non-kill victory points so its legal, since you need to task her to defend the units that can point control, and she doesn't have good aoe saves from the sheer speed not giving enough reaction time. Anything with a good wizard can wreck her.
>>
>>52950791
They don't need a new Arch Thane, though. That was just a title they made to give the cults a representative in the Crimson Court. But that was before Luth'Nimur.

Now that the Crimson Knights have left Sidria it's back to the old ways. So don't worry about Bh'nenoi. Those bone goblins are going to get what's coming to them. The Wild Hunt is long overdue, and the beast cults never die.
>>
>>52951617
95 also saw a different development path for 2.0 from the main Chronicles background fluff lead Norm Abrams (released for free as a fan work), which is often referred to as the Abomiknights Edition due to the default PC being one. It was actually this work that got Norm Abrams the job, and he has been shoving his sexual repression into the fluff since then.
>>
>>52951052
I would prefer if Hooker Queen was just a fanname and the fandom divided on her being pure waifu or hooker. But oh well
>>
>>52952616
That's what I assumed from all the posts.
>>
>>52952616
It is the fanname, but the devs seem to like it. Probably their magical realm. I just can't remember her name since I lost interest after the 5.8 retcon that she became princess and then queen when she used the Relgil Soshii. They then uses that to justify her sleeping around to birth enough heirs to rule the worlds through its effects.
>>
>>52952712
Queen Lusscen. I prefer Hooker Queen though.
>>
>>52952762
There we go. I just refuse to acknowledge her current characterisation because she was my grandfather's tournament PC and he won her being canon in the first round of Artifact Wars. I'm glad he never saw what the 4.0 story team did to her.
>>
Short list of known materials
Blades
Standard releases were 1, 2, 3, 3.5, all updates of 4.0 (so 7 printings of each book used in that edition, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.7, and 4.9), 5, 6, and 6.8.
Tomes of Abomination - Abomiknights and Chorjingia
Crimson Codex - Crimson Knights, Norv and Southern Mercenaries
Primal Annex Handbook (was Beast Lords until 4.5)
Pizzaz! - 2, 3, and 3.5 only. Introduces Duke Southfire and his Jazz Battalions of Ruth
need more!
Chronicles
Rotten Throne adventure path - 5.5
Tilting Mountain adventure - TBD, might be converted to 6.0 before release
Trail Blazer adventure path - 4.0
Caverns of Casmira adventure - 5.5
Beyond All Reasonable Knowledge adventure path - 5.5
Banners
Myriad Ways of Erget - story collection
Novels
Captain Ricky series - Primus timeline
Shifting Times of Sushin
Will finish when I get this damn thing to charge
>>
>>52953610
The adventures of Zabaz and Katem as a pair of wacky foreigners that go looking for trouble, like Gotrek and Felix it a buddy adventure series of side novels.
>>
Bryan Thomas, lead dev of BCWG here, AMA.
>>
>>52954776
Why are you such a fucking faggot?
>>
File: Innervag.png (59KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Innervag.png
59KB, 1200x1000px
>le I just came for the mallet u can trust me face
>>
>>52954835
What can I say? I like the nigger cock.
>>
>>52954776
A friend noticed that Artifact Wars and Realignment have been put behind a spoiler wall on Crimson Codex. Are you planning to redo it as a timeline reset for the 7.0 release?
>>
>>52955016
That would be spoiling it, now wouldn't it? :)
>>
>>52955037
To add on, all I'll say is that we're working on some big.

Look to the west.
>>
>let go of me demon, you're filthy!
>does the princess like sailors' hands? Should I return her to their embraces?

Is Volak of the Eighth Pit /ourguy/?
>>
>>52955016
We are planning on having a unified timeline again, so expect some shenanigans in the opening tournaments.
You can also expect versions of the rules with the lore stripped out to be available. This will allow multiple properties with the same ruleset, meaning we can have some epic crossover tournaments.
>>
>>52954776
Is there anything planned for the Brine Continent or are they just stuck in 'devastated by hypothetical Beast' for now.
>>
>>52955067
You're taking out Navgad and putting the Outsider Church in its place, aren't you?
>>
>>52955177
Who saying the beast is just hypothetical? :)
>>
>>52955263
So its either Rat King or Land Titan on the Brine and heading north, with a possible return of Leviathan.
>>
>>52954776
>Pre-Malthor Dith is objectively best Dith.
>Pre-Lusscne Norv is objectively best Norv.
These are facts, almost universally agreed upon by the entire Crimson World community.

But for no apparent reason, during 4.x you and your retard team decided to just flip the political and military power of these two practically ancient nations over the course of LESS THAN A DECADE in-game for no apparent reason.
Wait, I know the reason: Bryan Thomas
>i can write compelling story lines like Stilton does!!!
>let's make the cute, flirty Norv princess into a huge slut!!
>BUT it's just for the plot I promise!
>(fuck, now we need some plot...)

Sure, it could've turned out worse. Like many others I'm grateful to see more of both Inquiras and the Abstruthians. But still, the entire basis for taking the story in this direction was pretty shitty.

So my questions to you are:
- What's your fucking problem with the DIth I mean holy shit what the fuck were you thinking
- Why are you still on the team?
- How do you sleep at night?
>>
>>52954776
How do the Abstruthians make such short work of the Crimson Knights?
>>
>>52955369
>dithfag the post
The Dith-Inquiras conflict had been going on for centuries. It had literally nothing to do with the Norv expansion or with Hooker Queen growing up
>>
>>52955430
The Crimson Knights are passionate and fierce warriors. However, the Abstruthians are world reknowned for their combination of passion and tactical genius. All warriors everywhere look up to General Victorinius as their spiritual liege and example to aspire to.The Abstruthian ability to adapt and use their intellect was key to their victory.
>>
>>52955637
yeah that
and also the current crimson emperor is more interested in searching through caves and pocket dimensions for weird ancient artifacts rather than protecting rightful red clay
>>
>>52955369
And before they turned her into a cute flirty princess, she was a badass adventurer/diplomat who could break nations with her weaponized sex drive. I had (until mom "accidentally" sent it into a moldy storage unit) her level 1 character sheet back when she was Grandpa's tournament character. Bryan Thomas is shit, and he will take bribes to please the fetishfags - unlike the old team who quit when the owners of Crimson World tried to do so.
>>
File: IMG_20170428_161321_hdr.jpg (447KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_161321_hdr.jpg
447KB, 912x1600px
>>52943521
Have an alternate map.
Part one
>>
File: IMG_20170428_161343_hdr.jpg (413KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_161343_hdr.jpg
413KB, 912x1600px
>>52955907
Part two
>>
File: IMG_20170428_161355_hdr.jpg (348KB, 912x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_161355_hdr.jpg
348KB, 912x1600px
>>52955907
>>52955925
Part three
>>
>>52955907
Mapfag here: Not bad, not bad at all. I like it better than mine.
>>
>>52955637
Victorinius is such a Gary stu, and you're nothing better than a fanboy.
>>
>>52955730
Well, it's kinda your grandfathers fault when he put apprenticeship under Ythhid as a part of her backstory
>>
>>52956014
That was grandma's idea when he won that prize and they needed more connections to names characters.
He wanted her bounty hunter to become canon, which she got in the second banners round. Still love Artinya Kermack, even when they nerfed her in the 5515 Banners card update.
>>
>>52955986
Well I personally enjoyed Bryan Thomas' writing.
>>
>>52956188
Says Bryan Thomas.
>>
>>52955984
Try Autorealm
>>
Newbie test! How many plot arcs can you name? All timelines are allowed, so you can do the Japanese and CCG arcs too!
>>
>>52955730
>>52956136
Oh, I remember you. You probably don't remember me, you were only three when your grandparents and dad dragged you and your siblings to the 95 Grand. But I remember refereeing your grandmother's Banners run. We hadn't rebalanced the Norv faction cards yet, but she beat all of them with her pure mercenary deck. Think she called it "The Professionals".
She's why Bryan and his team factionalized all the mercenary units, since she ran some truly broken combos with a Rep-disengage and denying her enemy the ability to defend.
>>
File: Crimson World map 01.png (146KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson World map 01.png
146KB, 1000x1000px
where to place things
>>
ABOMIKNIGHTS GAVE THEIR TITHE MONEY TO AN IMP FOR ROCKS
>ABOMIKNIGHTS GAVE THEIR TITHE MONEY TO AN IMP FOR ROCKS

Nevar forget
>>
>>52957032
Empire need to be in a rather central spot. Also all the not!Asian places go east, obviously.
>>
The main thing I'm getting from this settting is that it's the shroom visions shared between Grant Morrison and Michael Kirkbride.
>>
>>52957170
Funny you'd say that since Bryan Thomas is known for being as straight-edge as they come.
>>
>>52957047
They were very plot important rocks, but nobody is sure why.
>>52957032
Thanks for cleaning the map up, that was fairly quick. I should've worked more on the coastlines, but I only had a pen. We know the easternmost continent/island is the Eastern Kingdoms (the Ards), but as with any map, placing the Almadii distortions is going to be fun.
I've also been playing like three anons to help build the meta for the setting, since that's just as important as the setting itself
>>
>>52957271
Source? Didn't he fuck an intern?
>>
>>52954856
How does he always get away with it???
>>
>>52957032
>>52957112
>>52957290
Wakoku is a rather large series of distortions on the northern peninsula of the continent the Ard are on.
>>
>>52957408
I mean he's divorced for the past 3 years, he can stick it wherever he wants. Still, there was this one Q&A on YouTube where someone asked him he wasn't drinking any of the beer the rest of the panel brought and they spilled the beans on it.
>>
>>52957496
Hehehe, that was fun to watch. Especially when the intern pulled out the vodka and explained just how small his dick is.
She's doing great work on the Banners team, have you seen how metal the new sets are?
>>
File: samus_is_at_a_loss.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
samus_is_at_a_loss.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>52957622
>when the intern pulled out the vodka and explained just how small his dick is
wut
>>
>>52957674
You have to search a bit, since his lawyers keep taking the versions with that part down. Most of us know it from the original live stream of the Q&A, but itm was only five seconds of her slugging vodka and mentioning it before the rest of the panel told her to chill and not mention it.
>>
>>52940994
You know, I think making this thread a general and giving it an established name really slowed this thread down. The first one filled up within a couple hours and this one hasn't filled and it's been up a whole day. I know that if I saw the title I would probably immediately overlook it. For the next thread, be more indicative about what the point of the thread is really about.
>>
>>52957725
Well, we could just go with recreating the entire thing every thread as we constantly invent new details for /tg/mad libs.
>>
>>52957789
True, just constantly making new fake settings kind of appeals to me. But I also like the idea of all these ideas eventually being organized by a bunch of anons with too much time on their hands, slowly turning basically meaningless chatter into something resembling a cohesive world.

In either case, I think that a new thread should be made now that has a title and introduction that won't keep new people away.
>>
>>52957981
The thing that I love is discussing the setting as if it already exists. It forces us away from changing our ideas to fit with others views, and makes us respond as if the idea presented was already fact.
Which is why Crimson World is such a glorious mess, and then to pull into a cohesive whole... I love it.
>>
>>52957725
I was thinking the same earlier but then realized that we're at a point where we probably need people with a basic knowledge of the enstablished lore anyway so making a thread with MADE-UP SETTING LOL wouldn't work as well as it did in the old thread.
I approve of a more in depth OP that, this one is pretty lacking.
>>
File: you wouldn't understand.jpg (20KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
you wouldn't understand.jpg
20KB, 500x355px
>>52957725
Also the first one was made by me
>>
>>52958169
It also makes a great /tg/ thing. I mean, bitching about games that don't even exist? Thats us.
>>
>>52957271
Sure, but then again Bryan is a pansy fan fiction writer. Nothing like the old crew.

Seriously though, I actually met Frank at a convention a couple of years ago. He was wearing a tie-dyed tee and wouldn't shut up about vibrations.

>>52958117
>>52958248
And it gives us plenty of opportunities to call each other retards, it's great.
>>
>>52958280
To be entirely honest, I was really high on acid that con.
Oh, and we will see improvements. I took the Wick route and decided to see if money or fapbait had a better effect on the story team.
>>
What, you young fucks surprised to see an old crew member on 4chan? Trust me, you're a lot kinder than the forums, those new fucks think we're just holding the setting back with our silliness and lack of official porn.
>>
>>52958169
I don't exactly disagree with what you're saying, but I think we need a little more time leaving it more open before we buckle down. Most people who post are going to leave after they make an addition, but there will be some who stick around. Keeping it open for a while longer just widens the net for catching creative anons
>>
>>52958580
That's why I tried to make it super expansive for potential details, like >>52956556
Its all about room for details.
>>
>>52958611
Fair enough. At this point though it would be best to jump ship on this thread and make a better defined one. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on how this should be set up, I nominate you.
>>
>>52958671
Alright, lemme get a smoke in and find a pic.
>>
File: this is kinda intense tbh.gif (295KB, 428x418px) Image search: [Google]
this is kinda intense tbh.gif
295KB, 428x418px
>>52958331
>>52958534
it's the motherfucking Frankie in our thread what the actual fuck
>>
>>52959308
New thread
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.