[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 361
Thread images: 25

5th Edition D&D General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/RJSJC2017_04UASkillFeats_24v10.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9faa85b8c0d0

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...
>>52879731
>>
>>52886118
Unearthed Arcana are nice but when will some splatbooks come out?
>>
>>52886142
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3927-Dust-and-Midway-Codenames-for-Upcoming-D-D-Hardcovers#.WP7WPIg1-Uk

Sept. and Nov.
>>
>>52886118
what a shitty picture, holy shit.
>>
>>52886118
>>52886142
>>52886153
Better question.

When are we getting campaign or setting books for something other than Forgotten Realms?
Curse of Strahd really wet my whistle for exotic stuff.
>>
repostan from last thread.

How would you emulate a shadow priest?
Torn between a warlock for more of the cultist vibe, or a trickery/death domain cleric.

Bonus question, any of the new feats help with this concept? I don't recall any of them that would, but perhaps.
>>
What do you want out of future official publications?

For more than I'd like more monsters and classes, I feel like setting adaptations are long overdue. I for one would like to see how they update Spelljammer and Planescape for 5th edition. Maybe some Dark Sun to go with an official Mystic release as well...
>>
>>52886208
Monsters, definitely more monsters would be nice.
>>
>>52886196
>>52885947
>>52885784
>>52885235
>>52885004
>>52884750
>>52883910
Any of these racial feats worth saving/altering? Already going to change Wish Giver's to one week for balance.
>>
>>52886222
>>52886208
A good settings book would have some iconic and niche monsters for the setting. Everyone wins.
>>
>>52886187
Good taste. I'm frankly tired of high fantasy FR shit. Gimme some Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Dragonlance.
>>
>>52886233
>My Goliath OC was included

T-thanks senpai
>>
>>52886251
Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Planescape, Dark Sun. Those are the four wildly different flavors I'd like.
>>
>>52886190
Shadow priest I assume is some established concept from another work??
>>
>>52886187
Matt Mercer's Exandria setting is getting its own release. Could be in the fall.

It's just another high magic setting though, so I wouldn't expect a bunch of variety there
>>
Is an ability that can recharge on a roll of 5-6 more powerful, less powerful or roughly the same as an ability with limited uses per day, say 5/Day?
>>
>>52886190
Drow Shadow Sorcerer? I don't know what you mean by a Shadow Sorcerer but that gives you a real love of the darkness.

Also you get to take the cool new Drow feat.
>>
Thoughts on the Birdmen from the Elemental Evil supplement? I'm thinking about playing one as a Wizard.
>>
>>52886266
I'm going to be real, its not like we could do much better by em. Goliaths are just so boring, especially when we already have plenty of
>big strong dude
races.
>>
>>52886274
>>52886289
Yeah, it would be akin to the shadow priest from WoW.
Alternatively a cultist could work. But I think I'd rather play a cleric to be honest.
>>
>>52886251
Mystara, Eberron, Spelljammer, Birthright, or, even better, a new IP
>>
>>52886306
I don't remember much about WoW but either a Warlock, Death Cleric or a Death Wizard could work.

Another option would be a Favored Soul Sorcerer so you have Cleric and Sorcerer spell picks.
>>
>>52886280
Why would you play through something that you've already seen others do? I like the setting but if it's pretty much plotting out the plot why run it again?
>>
>>52886319
New IP is my wet dream, followed by Birthright but I know we'll never see it again.

>>52886326
Death Theurge sorry.
>>
>>52886282
Recharge 5-6 averages out to being usable on 1/3 combat rounds. Looking at my own combats, that's probably 2 uses per combat, and the book recommends what is it, 6-8 combats a day? That's potentially a lot more uses than 5/day, but the general feelings seem to be that nobody really gets 6-8 combats a day. I guess look at what you and your group does.
>>
>>52886326
Yeah, was thinking if I went warlock to be a little less typical and be more support oriented.
Opting to take tome and use something like sacred flame cantrip for damage instead of typical EB turret.

And then for invocations take silent image and try to influence the mind of the enemy as much as possible with illusions and domination/charms.
>>
>>52886357
Honestly you will be complete shit without EB. Warlock is a spellcaster but it's mostly a Blaster.

Death Cleric might just be your best bet, ask if you can swap the Divine Strike for Potent Spellcasting.
>>
>>52886299
Yeah I tried keeping it in theme with them but it really just reinforces the me stronk theme. Then again it would be fun playing one whose back story or character doesn't set that as his highest priority or is completely opposite to that.
>>
>>52886357
To add, if I went warlock, any way I can get some healing potential besides dipping into something like bard or taking magic initiate?
Feels like a shadow priest should still be able to heal somewhat. But be kinda shit at it.
>>
>>52886378
Yeah, I know. But the way my group often runs things combat usually isn't the primary focus of the game.

And I would enjoy being as creative as possible with my silent images at will. I don't know, I might try it. Just as an experiment if anything.
>>
>>52886338
Recently in Critical Role Mercer mentioned that the campaign guide takes place a year after what's happened in the show

I think I like his world building a little more than FR, but he definitely needed to flush out a lot of stuff and fill some plot holes. I've always complained that the scale of his world doesn't make sense. Everything is abnormally small
>>
>>52886319
So, what would a new IP entail?
It's not gonna be setting- ideally, full sized worlds are going to have a variety of biomes, cultures, etc
It would probably be an overarching theme or feeling to the adventures that take place, but that's hard to define. Essential elements of the metastructure of the world is probably one of the strongest influences on general "feel". Something like a hollow earth, mysterious social structures that influence life (like a fey court, a tangible underworld, etc) tidally locked, the atmosphere has a strange quality to it, the main action takes place on a moon that orbits the planet of the gods, etc.

What are the side effects on the system because of a new IP? Things like new monsters, spells, classes that focus on interacting with a specific aspect of the IP, etc. The majority of what players and not DMs will interact with are these elements.
>>
Would it be fair to let Sorcerers use their Spellslots for spells they get from their Race? I'm thinking it might solve the spells know issues for a few of the races.
>>
>>52886346
Thanks heaps bro, that's a really helpful analysis. True that it's also dependent on the group in question.
>>
>>52886484
You'd rather use spell slots than number/day? If you wanted to do that in your game, I guess go ahead and try it and if it ends up being broken or cheesy tell the player to stop. What spells is the sorcerer wanting to cast more often than he's able? Or is this just hypothetical?
>>
>>52886523
One of the players is a Tiefling and just found it weird he can't use his spellslots to cast Hellish Rebuke even though he's magic.

I understand it's his natural Racial magic but I've been thinking of letting him cast them as well as use his 1/per rest use of them.
>>
>>52886385
How about fallen aasimar and take magic initiate bard for healing word so you can revive someone in combat once per day.

If you're not going EB you will be able to at least boost your damage output once per day when the situation calls for it with the aasimar ability.

Doesn't seem like complete shit imo.
>>
>>52886571
Well, there's gotta be some kind of reason that races that get spells have a limit on them, maybe it's just so that players using those races but not a spellcasting class will know how much they can use their feature. Like I said, bring it up to your party and see if anybody objects, and if not let him add it to his spell list.
>>
>>52886582
Wait actually I'm retarded, no need for magic initiate as you can heal as an aasimar anyway.
>>
Something weird from the Monster Manual...
>Hit: 8 (1d6 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 24 hours. Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake.

Does the poison ends when the target is shaken awake? Do they go back to unconsciousness until they're no longer poisoned?
>>
>>52886346
Is there an assumption to the power scaling of a rechargeable ability and per day use ability or is it just get good at reading monster entries?
>>
>>52886726
It's pretty vague but I'd run it as if they are shaken awake they are awake.
>>
>>52886726
either they wake up and get to make another save or it just ends the poison. its worded pretty badly
>>
>change agonizing blast to an invocation that says, any damage you deal with a cantrip you add your cha mod.
>suddenly EB is not a must pick

thoughts?
>>
>>52886233
>Changeling

>Mind Changer
>+1 Int
>Upon shapechanging you gain the mental ability scores (Int, Wis, Cha) if they are higher than your own, as well as proficiencies in tools, languages, and mental skills of the target you change into. You keep these bonuses for one hour after changing back to your base form. To get these bonuses you must have made physical contact with the creature while it was alive.

>The MacReady Defense
>+1 Str
>As a bonus action you can shift your body to create an array of natural weapons including horns, fangs, claws, and talons giving you 1d10 +Str damage either piercing or slashing.
>You also extend your reach by 5 ft.

>Potent Shapeshifting
>+1 Wis or Con
>You gain the ability to shapeshift into beasts and monstrosities of the same size category of you.
>>
>>52886726
Just checked the PHB if you are poisoned you have disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks. So you are awake but still under the poisoned condition.
>>
>>52886728
The DMG has some guidelines on figuring out the CR of a creature based on things like damage, health, abilities (like things that recharge on 5-6) etc. There maaaaaay be a specific entry there talking about breath weapons and what kind of numbers you expect. It would probably say something like: for (breath weapon) assume (number) damage per turn.
>>
>>52886726
Poisoned and Unconscious are different.
>A poisoned creature has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks.

The way I'd rule it is: The suffer the Poisoned condition for 24 hours, no matter what. They cannot awaken under their own power until the poison expires, but they can be awakened by another creature. If they are awakened, they still have the Poisoned condition for 24 hours, as normal.
>>
>>52886795
My biggest concern would be with shit like booming blade and the like in earlier levels. But its damage still wouldn't be that insane, right?
>>
>>52886795
The problem is that Eldritch Blast still does the best damage type (force), with great hit dice for a cantrip, spread out over multiple attack rolls/targets, and can be upgraded further with Eldritch Spear and Repelling Blast.
>>
>>52886795
Multiclassing with Dragon Sorcerer, Being an Undying Light Warlock, dipping as an Evoker.

Basically what EB should've been is a Class feature with Invocations to change the damage type, range and give it secondary effects.

Or better yet make EB change depending on your Patron. Fiend gives a closer range Fire one with a big damage die, GOO gives Psychic and reduces speed, Undying makes it Radiant and does extra damage against undead.
>>
>>52886795
Well the whole point of EB+AB is that it hits multiple times, letting you add your Cha to each hit. So that wouldn't actually change anything since a fire bolt is still only going to hit once.
>>
>>52886233
Goliath and Aarakocra sound ok.
Genasi is broken as the nine hells.
>>
With the new Drow feat I have to play one. How do I do this right without being murdered by someone for being an evil elf?

Also what's the best class for one?
>>
File: hobgoblin.jpg (166KB, 1016x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hobgoblin.jpg
166KB, 1016x1600px
So how do I make pick related? I was thinking of going Hobgoblin Wizard?
>>
>>52886937
Why do you have to play one?
>>
>>52886937
>How do I do this right without being murdered by someone for being an evil elf?
Do you really wanna be evil?
Either you:

Easy tier: somehow you left the UD and became rogue edgelord
Normal tier: Go Drizzt.
I've got this tier: You are an orphan rescued from the UD by a holy order, Cleric/Paladin.
Instadeath tier: I'm an evil sorcerer with my +2 CHA, who cares about background?
>>
File: Drow Sorc.png (459KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Drow Sorc.png
459KB, 667x1000px
>>52886937
What is the "I'm a refugee from a corrupt and oppressive society" trope?

What is "I wasn't raised in the Underdark and I don't worship sadistic spider demons"?

What is "#notalldrow"?

Best class is sorcerer, or any charisma-caster really. Elves get dex by default, which unarmored casters can use and charisma as a casting stat is the most mileage you're get out of Charisma as a stat.
>>
>>52886937
warlock and take at will disguise self if you're worried about being murdered
>>
>>52886980
Artificer, bomb maker
Pick a flying beast like a giant eagle.
>>
Anyone got some ideas for Aasimar's racial traits? Really looking for some.
Bonus points if you manage to make Bullywug's too.
>>
>>52886991
At will Dancing Lights and Detect Magic as well as Darkness, Dispel Magic and Levitate once per rest. It's cool.

>>52887001
I'm honestly feeling like doing the Drizzt tier might be best. Just less autism and "I'm a the best swordsman, my daddy said so".

>>52887009
Actually now I'm curious, in Forgotten Realms are there any Drow cities which aren't spider sex cults?

>>52887010
It's probably weird that I like the idea of playing a Drow but hate Warlocks. The flavor never appealed to me because it feels like I could just be a Cleric or Paladin for it 99% of the time.
>>
>>52887044
Had tried thinking of some since I have one in my campaign but I got nothing so far.
>>
Regular group has wrapped up SKT.
I've got 10 years of DM experience under my belt now.
So we got together to play with no real campaign goal in mind.

We started fresh in a generic sword coast region and I had a token jackelwere/lamia desert plot that I had kicking around unused for the session, but at the last minute we decided to start at level 1 and not 3, so I thought to improvise a minor rat-in-the-cellar style kickoff.

Well, the "rat" was an inherited house that was mysteriously suffocating people. It was a rug of suffocation. It hid a trapdoor, which led to a cellar which hid another trapdoor, which led to a smaller room with another trapdoor, which led to a tunnel dug through the sandy earth, supported by wooden beams and dimly illuminated by brass mirrors, lengthy and twisting in 90 degree turns, until reaching a simple room with an open wooden box.

>"Oh oh OH! You are unluuucky"
An incorporeal, simple floating skull appears.
>PCs: "What, why?"
>"You've just been cursed! All of you! By me, Murph! I'm the curse! You've got to give me your souls." (the skull nods)
>PCs: "We don't want to give you our souls."
>"You could give me your gold instead. That's how the curse works, gold or souls."
>(PC begins to roll initiative)
>Murph coughs a d20 out of his mouth: "I got a 3. Hmm, I don't think I'd win this one. Look, don't be mad at me! I didn't make the curse, I'm just telling you how it works"
>PCs: "Well how much money then."
>Murph: "Not money, gold. Gold and souls- the basis of all magic. Hmm, let's see, gold for soul exchange rate... 50 tons. Each."
>PCs(someone smart): "5 million gp! That's ridiculous."
>Murph: "Your souls then?"
>PCs: "No."
>:several minutes of investigation, leaving the room only to find that Murph follows, attacking Murph and finding him nothing more than a shared image in their minds, etc.:
>Murph: "Well you don't have to give it all up right away. If you just keep the curse- me- fed, you can pay the rest later."
>>
>A couatl can sense its end up to a century beforehand, but it has no insight into the manner of its demise.
>If a couatl has already accomplished what it set out to do, it accepts its fate. However, if its imminent death endangers the completion of its goals, it actively seeks out another couatl with which to produce offspring.
>The mating ritual of couatls is a beautiful and elaborate dance of magic and light, which results in a gem-like egg from which a new couatl hatches.

God. Now I want to give my party a quest from a couatl to find him/her a mate before death. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
>>
File: FreeVector-Happy-Skulls.jpg (68KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
FreeVector-Happy-Skulls.jpg
68KB, 1024x765px
>>52887073
>PCs: "So like, a little bit now, and a little bit later?"
>Murph: "2 lbs. a week each would suffice."
>PCs: "That's not so bad. Where'd this curse come from?"
>Murph: "Wizard you inherited the house from. Who knows, maybe you'll find another wizard who could undo the curse? Or maybe earn the favor of some god? Anyway, got any gold for me now?"
>PCs: "Uh. (counts coins) no."
>Murph: "Well, do what adventurers do! Check the town board for a quest or something, fight some pirates, steal from a dragon, whatever. You only got so much time!"
>Murph: (pondering for a second) "Oh, and if you die, no escape just because your soul goes to another plane. If you're still gone by the time the week's end rolls around, I'll just assume you can't make payment and take the rest out of your soul."
>PCs: "Stupid curse"
>Murph: "I can hear you."
>PCs: "Murph, you're a dick."
>Murph: "I'm a skull."
>(level 3 adventurers staring gloomily at the town message board)
>Murph. "Ha. Ha."

I guess this is what I'm running with. Any ideas on a campaign name?
>>
File: 1492119069308.jpg (41KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492119069308.jpg
41KB, 600x416px
>>52887090
Skull fucked/fucking
>>
>>52887090
Rollin' bones.
>>
>>52887115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJgGm36icTU
>>
>>52887066
>Are there any Drow cities which aren't spider sex cults?

Dunno. Does it matter? Is your DM such a hardass that he won't let you say "I'm from a refugee community on the surface" or "Multicultural societies exist on the surface and include drow who have left the Underdark"?

If your DM is giving you any control over your character's backstories at all, it's fairly easy to bullshit a non-snowflake excuse for why you're not an evil spider-fetishist.
>>
>>52887138
I'm just a fan of trying to work in a character without breaking canon. I don't mind making up a new place but it's just easier for me if I can find a place that there's already information about.
>>
>>52887090
What about when they reach level 5 and one of them learns Remove Curse?
>>
>>52887170
The plot thickens?
>>
File: 1466119927107.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1466119927107.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>52887202
And so have I
>>
Has anyone thought of ways to make Time Stop useful? Delayed Blast Fireball is so far the only thing that I can think of. It shouldn't be this hard for a 9th level spell.
>>
Spear using immortal mystic with a hand axe as back up bad idea thinking of taking that ua spear feat.
>>
>>52886800
>Minotaur

>Blood Beast of Baphomet
>+1 Str
>At the start of your next turn you can choose to gain advantage on all attack rolls until the end of your next turn but all attack rolls against you also have advantage.

>The Sea Faring Kind
>+1 Dex
>You gain a swim and climb speed equal to your highest movespeed.
>You also gain proficiency carpentry and rope work.

>Work Bull
>+1 Str
>You count as two size categories larger for the purposes of push and pull. 1 Size category larger for the purposes of lift and carry.
>>
File: Doubel Axe of Uruth.jpg (239KB, 636x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Doubel Axe of Uruth.jpg
239KB, 636x1175px
>>52887134
huh, this is good stuff
>>
>>52887268
>At the start of your next turn you can choose to gain advantage on all attack rolls until the end of your next turn but all attack rolls against you also have advantage
Jesus I fucked up that english. I need sleep.
>At the start of your turn until the start of your next turn all attack rolls you make and attack rolls made against you have advantage.
>>
File: halfling_ranger.jpg (29KB, 433x592px) Image search: [Google]
halfling_ranger.jpg
29KB, 433x592px
Halfling Ranger

Good, bad? Stout gets +2 dex +1 con, honestly if you sidestep the spells that use save DC I'd prefer to just focus on those two AS. Reroll 1s seems crazy strong to me.
>>
>>52887278
I'm a particular fan of Cry of the Banshee and Drink the Blood of the Priest, personally.
>>
>>52887308
With Standard array you can get 17 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis, which is more than fine for a start.
>>
>>52887308
Small races suck because they move slow and can't use heavy weapons, such as the longbow.

Play woodelf
>>
>>52887308
Halfling good, Ranger bad.

Unless it's UA Revised Ranger, which is OK.
>>
>>52887429
Best ranged weapon is the Hand Crossbow, though.
>>
>>52887218
Earthquake still works
>>
>>52887452
>Loading
>>
>>52887308
Halfling Beastmaster. Now you can ride the wolf in a non-sexual way.
>>
How would you calculate an enemy with PC class levels in terms of CR?

The head of this assassin's guild the party have made enemies of is Way of Shadows Monk 6/Assassin Rogue 3/Hexblade Warlock 3 and I'm trying to figure what his CR would be so I can work out how strong his minions (if any) should be.
>>
Help me with a critique of this please.

Glory of the Morning (Recharge 5-6) Lathander unleashes sunlight of such intensity and radiance that it appears as the coming of a second dawn. Each creature in a 360 ft radius must make a DC 27 Constitution saving throw, taking 93 (17d10) radiant and fire damage on a failed save and is blinded for 8 minutes, or half as much damage on a successful one and is blinded for 1 minute.
This is divine damage and cannot be resisted and immunity does not apply.
Undead, oozes, fiends and creatures with sunlight sensitivity have disadvantage on this saving throw.
This also dispels any darkness or deeper darkness in its area.

Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer are instantly destroyed.

This is what an avatar of Lathander has and was inspired by Tiamat's statblock and Lathander's powers in Faiths and Avatars.
>>
File: laff.gif (202KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
laff.gif
202KB, 500x284px
>>52887476
He actually uses crossbows without the Crossbow Expert feat.
>>
>>52887476
>Crossbow Expert

Even without the feat a Halfling gets -2 damage on average compared to a big race but gets some good racials. It's really not a big deal and if he wants to play one he'll be fine.
>>
>>52885208
These are interesting, I'll save them for later.
>>
>>52887486
CR 2 for level 4-5
CR 13 for level 20
Good spell choice and magic items bump that up further along with allies.
>>
>>52887463
>>52887218
So does Mordenkainen's faithful hound and Tsunami
>>
>>52887499
>Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer are instantly destroyed.
Lol I guess. Sucks to be undead. Are they instantly destroyed before or after the initial damage? That's a colossl fuck you to undead.
>>
>>52886726
Yeah the main problem is
>Until this poison ends, the target is unconscious
So technically, if you wake them up, they will become unconscious again until the poison is over.

They should write it like this:
>... and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned and unconscious for 24 hours. Another creature can use an action to shake the target awake, but the poisoned condition continues for the remaining perioid.

Or
>the target gets another save if so awokened.
>>
>>52887499
Save seems right, I'd make the damage 9d10 Radiant and 9d10 Fire maybe, the Blinding seems way to long and I'd make it 1 minute with a save each round and just 1 round if they pass it.

I don't think ignoring immunity seems right because he would likely have servants that are immune to Radiant. Ignoring resistance seems fine though.

Save Disadvantage is good, same as the darkness banishment.

I'd make the undead fucking be 50HP or less.
>>
>Halfling
>Bountiful Luck
>Diviner Wizard
>Lucky Feat

The meme build has grown an additional edge.

No one will ever fail a roll again.
>>
>>52887486
Honestly why bother

Just give him the 3 features you sperged out multiclassing for
>>52887499
So an avatar of a lawful good diety kills everything within 360ft. of him indiscriminately
>>
>>52886937
I've been playing mine as essentially evil Rincewind. Works well - less edge than a normal drow, but a knack for getting into trouble and then getting out of it.
>>
File: Female Swashbuckler 2.jpg (172KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Female Swashbuckler 2.jpg
172KB, 750x1000px
Reposting
>Swashbuckler 17/Battle Master 3 Half-Elf variant wth Cantrip for Booming Blade.
>Elven Accuracy + Lucky
>Feinting Attack, riposte, Precise attack.
>Shield + Defense Style
Sound good? Any criticisms or tips?
>>
>>52887563
Needed way more than 3 features for what he is.
>>
>>52887486
So what? You want him to teleport in, assassinate the weakest party member and then just teleport out?

Teleport seems like a cool power on an Assassin, Assassinate isn't needed and Warlock's putting it to the fucking stupid zone.

Just make an NPC with an at-will teleport and a damage boost against surprised enemies. If he has spellcasting then add spellcasting.

This just seems like a wankfest power fantasy of how cool this assassin is.
>>
>>52887591
Please give us a rundown of this character and what abilities you want him to have. There'll be a much easier way to organise this I'm sure.
>>
>>52887599
>>52887622
The story behind the guild the party is at war with were tasked by a former Emperor with retrieving an artifact for him.

Artifact turned out to be a book of secrets belonging to a shadow demon. Said demon offered the guild power beyond their imagining in exchange for their loyalty.

The idea behind them was for them to be assassins that can pass through the shadows - literally - to serve their dark master. I gave him Warlock so he could see through his own Darkness from the Monk archetype. Rogue I think I just threw in there for the first round of combat to be more painful and is probably unnecessary.

Yes, the story is schlock as fuck, but it's the kind of stuff my friends enjoy for some reason.
>>
>>52887664
Innate spellcasting - darkness

Maybe 1 or twice per rest
And give him 120ft. see through magical darkness

And he can use a bonus action to teleport 30ft.

voila
>>
>>52887682
I really did overthink it. This is what trying to crunch things out at 3 am does to you.
>>
>>52887538
That's a good point actually.

>>52887545
Thanks bro, damage at 9d10 plus 910 could potentially mean a higher damage output than what he currently has, but good point with the blinding length and the ignoring immunity. I might just keep the 17d10 damage output (based on his divine rank) but edit the entry as per your advice.

He was always known to instantly destroy undead, both with his weapon and his disrupting of the heavens to make sunlight stream from them.

And there might be an idea to reduce the 360 ft, but he is meant to be an avatar.

>>52887563
I could actually make it a clause for the damage to apply to fiends and undead, good point. Or actually make it so Lathander can choose who to hedge out from the effect like Careful Spell.
>>
>>52887694
You might want to check out the Master Thief NPC from Volo's

Just add the darkness innate spellcasting, magical darkvision and bonus action teleport
>>
>>52887563
Oh, Lathander is neutral good and his youthful exuberance leads him to make rash actions and unwiseful decisions, see the Dawn Cataclysm when he tried to reshape the Faerunian Pantheon in his own image.
>>
>>52887710
That should work nicely. The party is a bunch of level 10s and are attacking the Guild's actual base, so I should work out the profiles for the rest of the guys around the temple.
Bunch of shadow walking ninjas, man.
>>
Am I right in thinking that with Elven Accuracy, advantage (for all attacks listed), and a critical on 19 as well as 20, that across three attacks the chances of getting a critical are about 61%, and across four attacks are about 72%?
>>
>>52887704
Are you going to post more or what?
>>
>>52886280

Isn't Exandria just a used PoL setting?
That's like buying a secondhand book of Mad-Libs that have already been filled out.
>>
Since persuasion, intimidation and deception are all vocal skills, could they be used with the great old ones telepathy?
>>
>>52888048
In my campaign we play it as possible. The telepathy is just like ranged, silent communication, which applies to the different skills.
>>
>>52888066
The biggest disappointment of 5e is that they didn't include moral as stat.
>>
I have Misty Step and Blink. Did I fuck up picking both? It's my first character ever, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>52888087
Kinda what alignments are supposed to represent. Even though Alignments are a heavily flawed system that would be better off being ditched entirely.
>>
>>52888097
Combat-wise, you'll have limited use from both of them together, but roleplay-wise, Blink is really useful for stuff in a pinch, and Misty Step is universally-useful.

It depends on how many other spells you have and what your role is, but you're not too bad off.
>>
Should I let players swap the +2 and +1 of their Racial ability scores? A Dragonborn having +2 CHA and +1 STR for example.
>>
>>52887583
Sound pretty good. Except for Elven accuracy, how do you expect to reliably get advantage?
>>
If you were a stern military leader of a feudal nation, serving just under his grace the king, what would you do were you placed in the following situation:

>Your kingdom is the backwater of the world, currently on the very bring of civil war, as a third of the land is all but in open revolt.
>The major power players on the planet could swoop in and crush you quite handily were they so inclined to do so.
>Your king is mostly a puppet for the council, and you are ultimately the most powerful authority in the realm.
>Your wife was unfaithful to you while you were away on campaign decades ago, and her bastard child has resurfaced in your kingdom. This bastard child is a player character of high level.
>This bastard, by the laws of the land, is technically your heir, and your firstborn son wants them dead. This would risk your wife's infidelity becoming public, and would cause an incredible amount of tension between your house and hers.

What would you do in this situation? Would you even care? Are assassins on the table? Is your wife's head going to the guillotine?
>>
>>52886403
>Everything is abnormally small
Yeah.

Like I pictured Whitestone as this massive city the Briarwoods has stolen from Percy's family... and it's just a dinky little town.
>>
>>52888097
You can use misty step as an exploration tool too.
>>
>>52886118
Does the dragon in that pic have Down's Syndrome?
>>
>>52888272
Well, it can only go 30 feet, so how?
>>
>>52888289
It's like you don't go in dungeons. Best use I've seen is teleporting through keyholes and other small gaps.
>>
>>52888239
just secretly tell players than can put +2 +1 on whatever 2 AS they want, so they can play the race/class combo they really desire. Tell everyone else they decided to roll
>>
>>52888099
Ment Morale, missed the e
>>
>>52888255
>her bastard child
>technically your heir

Unacceptable. I'd send discreet assassins after the bastard, and keep my wife under house arrest (in the guise of being a doting husband).

I'd wait for her to wither and die in a tower in my castle, alone and ashamed.

I'd also consider myself somewhere along the lines of Lawful Neutral rather than any Evil alignment for this, as well.
>>
>>52888255
>my wife is still alive after betraying me
>her lover somehow escaped me with their child
>I have had decades to fix both issues and have not
Hm. That aside...

I would task the firstborn son with murdering them. If he can't even handle that, why should he deserve the throne?
Meanwhile, in case of his failure, this PC has proven himself quite capable. If he is ignorant of his origins or if it is culturally acceptable, I would attempt to persuade him with a daughter of mine from another woman, or lacking that, one of his half sisters. That way my blood stays upon the throne and is made stronger.

If I had no daughters, I would attempt to befriend the young lad, try to convince him to turn down the throne in favor of a title or small estate far from the capital. I wouldn't even mind explaining the particulars of the situation, so he could understand that this is what would be best for everyone to prevent civil war.

Should my firstborn fail, my daughters seductions fall flat and my olive branches be burned, I will fucking murder that child, starting with everything he loves that I can reach to break his spirit before he becomes the figurehead of the rebellion. I would murder his comrades, family and him (most importantly him) using poison, violence, bribery, whatever it took.
He is only a man. I would confirm the burning of the corpse myself, as there is resurrection magic after all. No chances, especially now. Too much at stake to pull punches.
>>
>>52888468

>Sending assassins after someone just because of their birth.
>Neutral
>>
Random question and totally unrelated- anyone got that picture of that swanky renaissance- looking orc paladin/knight/noble? You know the one.

OT- Dragonborn flying? Kinda like a lot of the feats though to be honest.
>>
>>52887538
>>52887545
>>52887563
Glory of the Morning (Recharge 5-6) Lathander unleashes sunlight of such intensity and radiance that it appears as the coming of a second dawn. Each creature in a 240 ft radius must make a DC 27 Constitution saving throw, taking 93 (17d10) radiant damage on a failed save and is blinded for 1 minute, or half as much damage on a successful one and is blinded for 1 minute.

A creature blinded by this effect makes another Constitution saving at the end of each of its turns, and on a successful save it is no longer blinded.

Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer must succeed on a DC 27 Constitution saving throw or are instantly destroyed, or take 93 (17d10) radiant damage on a successful save and are blinded for 1 minute.

This is divine damage and cannot be resisted.
Undead, oozes, fiends and creatures with sunlight sensitivity have disadvantage on this saving throw.
This also dispels any darkness or deeper darkness in its area.

Lathander may choose creatures of his choice in the radius to protect them from the full force of its effect.

>>52888026
The White Sun (8/Day) Lathander's blinding purity manifests as the intense rosy radiance of a spring morning.
Each creature of Lathander's choice that is within 120 ft of Lathander magically regains 59 (9d8+10) hit points and are freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, deafness, fear, lycanthropy, and madness.
>>
>>52888478
I AM plotting to obtain the throne for myself by holding the council hostage and taking the throne with the country's own military right?
Like, getting fucking Roman and shit yeah?
>>
>>52888487
I stand by it. It's the only reasonable thing to do as a ruler.

Picture this - you've got some rogue bastard running around the kingdom. Them trying to claim themselves as the heir when there's an existing heir would cause a civil war between the loyalists (firstborn son) and the royalists (supporters of the bastard).

On top of that, your son has been trained for leadership his whole life. This guy is an unknown and could cause chaos even if you allowed him to rule.

The only way to prevent chaos is to have him assassinated.
>>
>>52888525
As the other guy who replied you come off that way to me. How you handled the wife was outright merciful imo
That instead of twisting this for your own gain you went straight to what was best for the country screams LN to me.
>>
>>52888478
>my wife is still alive after betraying me
>her lover somehow escaped me with their child
>I have had decades to fix both issues and have not
This came to light incredibly recently, you were away long enough that your wife carried the (female, I should specifcy) child to term and passed it off as her sister's without your knowledge. She attempted to make contact with her real mother a few years ago, but was ousted from the country and escaped retribution only by becoming a commoner literally on the other side of the world.

It would be reasonably to attempt to either allow the true firstborn, her half-brother, to try and murder her, or to attempt to marry them.

Your approach is good, though, I'll definitely take it into consideration here. Luckily the chances of the players siding with the rebellion is basically nothing. The much more likely scenario is them convincing one of the larger empires to just eat the kingdom before they can stabilize again.

>>52888468
>>52888525
These are basically the reasons why you'd do this in the first place. Bastard's undermine authority on nearly every level, and even though it isn't the crown, you don't leave a noble house in the hands of a bastard whom you don't know.

>>52888487
It could be neutral if you're forced into it. If you're trying to keep the kingdom stable, lest they be brought into a war that would cause untold strife for its people, sending an assassin over someone that could show weakness and thus provoke aggression is a fairly neutral action. It's not a Good action, mind you, but it can be done without being openly Evil and malicious. But there is a reason sentient Holy Avengers don't go to effective rulers, generally.
>>
>>52888255
House arrest the wife
Marry the kings daughter to my legitimate son and have the king name me Lord Protector
Wage war/use diplomacy/espionage to restore order to kingdom
Have the bastard killed
>>
>>52888551
>How you handled the wife was outright merciful
It's the only practical choice. We know from >>52888255 that messing with the wife would cause tension with her house, which wouldn't be good.

Best to keep her alive and - to all appearances - in good cheer in the castle and let her waste away of her own accord, where I don't have to see her but without angering her family.
>>
>>52888255
At this point, he would use the bastard as a pawn in political game. Every new pieces is useful.
>>
>>52888305
>It's like you don't go in dungeons
How so? I still have to go in somewhere to explore the place.
>>
what sort of class/race should i be if i want to be so strong that when i hit people, they go flying backwards through walls and sheeeit
>>
>>52888657
It's a 30 foot teleport. You can go up, under, between, down and everything. It's not the best spell in the world but Misty Step only needs you to see something to go there.

Even teleporting into a tree to avoid melee attacks works better then a lot of 2nd level spells for defence and you can cast a Cantrip in the same turn.
>>
>>52888638
What would you use the piece for?
>>
>>52888556
>daughter my heir?
>will bring war from foreign lands?
If negotiations fell through, this is the point I would start looking for demonic pacts for power to make. I need to control this land NOW, and unify it, with a weapon strong enough to fend off the greater nations... Or I need to distract the more powerful lands who might intervene with a war, preferably with each other.
Jelly of your campaign man, so many ways you can take this. My group is very tech focused, they can write out blueprints for an airship, but when it comes to politics I'm the only one who really enjoys digging into it, the drama of bloodlines, etiquette and so on...

Also I am going to take my wife on a trip right away, where she is going to suffer a terrible accident. There won't be anything left unfortunately. In my grief I will recluse myself from prying eyes and reach out to my (apparent) daughter.
>>
>>52888635
>not murdering her, giving the wifes house important positions under the king to manage while you mourn because you "know you can trust them" then murdering them all when you take over for the good of the country after co-opting the rebellion to your side

NE shakes their head at you
>>
>>52888244
Feinting Attack
>>
>>52888736
>not pitting my firstborn son and the bastard against each other
>not requesting help from the king to end the growing civil war in my territories
>not arranging for the king's forces to be caught in ambushes from the bastard
>not then turning on the bastard and wiping them out
>not then marching on the capital now the king's forces are depleted

If you're going to do NE, do it right.
>>
So I can Distant Spell the spell Sword Burst right? It's one of the only spells that hits everyone in it's radius and a whirling aura of Swords hitting everyone sounds pretty metal.
>>
>>52888690
The same as many other medieval noble... marry him into another family to create more tie that will stabilize your power.

The heir problem is solve since the PC is married into another family and take up their name.

Isn't that how every political game goes in the old age? Assassin and poison is the choice for weak noble, while expanding tie and connection is the tool for the one who is already strong
>>
>>52888741
Do you really want to invest feat on something that you can do only like 5-6 time per day top?
>>
"Dust" & "Midway" I really hope one has actual content/options for players.
>>
File: Worried Laughter.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
Worried Laughter.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>52888702
They're honestly a truly fantastic group, and I'm lucky to have them. This entire conversation is obviously born of how I want to handle a bit of their backstory, but my absolute favourite part about all of this is that during a mini-campaign where the party was playing completely different characters, this character showed up and was such an amicable bro he became the favourite NPC of the entire rest of the group. The bastard child's player, however, had embodied pic related to the fullest.

Thanks for all the help 5eggots, I appreciate it.
>>
>>52888799
I'm thinking "Midway" will be PHB2. PHB3 will be "end" and then 6th edition.
>>
>>52888770
Yes
>>
>>52888821
What do you reckon you're going to go with, resolution-wise?
>>
Is Conjure Lesser Demons as good as it looks? It's like Conjure Animals except I know what I'm going to get and need to cast away from my allies.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
DMs, what is a habit you catch yourself writing sometimes?

I have a weird habit of making leaders of cities, nations, empires, etc. women. I'm not sure why, like at all. I just gravitate towards the idea of an Empress or Queen. Even the villains sometimes.
>>
>>52888880
The bad guy's pretty much always genderless in some way. The first major villian is a male and the second who directly serves the BBEG is a woman.

A character who the players thought as evil later proves himself to be neutral after helping them out. He's normally gay even if the players never find out.

There's a bandit leader who used to be an adventurer and isn't a bad guy. He's just seen too much shit.
>>
>>52888880
Nice digits

Undead are continuously are a) a great threat, b) keepers of something, c) spooky allies, d) all at once
>>
>>52888842
I'm still mulling it over.

I think some face time with the Bastard PC is important, if only to use the NPC in person again. I think the Firstborn Son should be the rogue element, prone to being impulsive. He should want to both kill the Bastard and secure his place and bring his father pride, but I think that if extreme action were to be taken against the Wife, the Son would immediately turn against the crown, having loved his mother and everything. He is just a boy here, probably not going to be older than 20, which is still young adult for the setting despite the Game of Thronesness.

Mostly likely, I'll take the route that results in the least publicity. The rebels are opportunistic, so if they cause any of the nobles in play here to roll over to their side, it'll likely set off a chain of events that will cause a nearby theocracy (which IS the world superpower) to come knocking. This is the doomsday scenario for this character, so dealing with the Bastard will likely either be done with sending the Son after her, and if and when that fails, trying to cut a deal and use the Bastard as a potential ally against the rebellion. It's boring, but at this point my only option is to play it by ear. I can't plan it out too far ahead.
>>
>>52888880
Villains are evil as a necessity rather than an intention. Or they've been corrupted by continued exposure to an inherently evil force/artifact.
>>
>>52887090
love this. if i were doing it, i'd have it turn out that the party were never actually cursed, this is just a creature following them around, blagging ways to get gold so it can afford to buy a body and he just out-bluffed them, but that's just the kind of bullshit that my table tends to go for.
>>
>>52888880
One player ends up with a major curse or corruption.

Last game had the Thief become a Vampire and he loved it.
>>
>>52888880
i make all my main NPCs anime characters
>>
File: kobold dog noses.png (459KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
kobold dog noses.png
459KB, 500x490px
Something I noticed today: kobolds in 5e art all consistently have dog noses.
>>
>>52888880
I love voices talking in player's heads. Sentient weapons, active warlock patrons, you name it.

The same goes for my characters, fairly often.
>>
>>52888880
Not so much a writing problem, but a lack of writing problem.
Every NPC I haven't explicitly planned a personality for talks and acts exactly the same. It's either vaguely English countryside or Eastern European, they also all have a slow drawl and talk mostly drunken nonsense.
There's a lot of laughing to and prolonged mumbling to fill spaces.
>>
>>52888880
I make most of my enemies too reasonable. It's almost always possible to reach an agreement with them and compromise to get maybe 70% of the possible rewards with 5% of the time and effort.
>>
>>52888676
best 1st level spells:
bless, Sleep, Magic Missile, Fog Cloud, Protection for Evil and Good
best 2nd level spells:
misty step
>>
>>52888880
I keep coming up with 'stranded in a mysterious world' type plots.
>>
>>52888955
I've always thought Ice Knife was a good 1st level spell at first.

Also if you have a way to see through it Darkness is one of the best spells possible obviously.
>>
File: dar.png (275KB, 375x405px) Image search: [Google]
dar.png
275KB, 375x405px
>>52888974
>Ice Knife

One of my PCs is playing a level 2 Lore Wizard with this right now.

Pretty cool, thematically.
>>
>>52888955
Nah
Best 1st level spells:
Shield, Find Familiar, Bless, Magic Missile, Grease, Dissonant Whispers, Hex, Healing Word
Best 2nd level spells:
Pass Without Trace, Spike Growth, Rope Trick, Misty Step, Find Steed, Hold Person, Suggestion, Aid

But I find misty step's main advantage is you can escape grapples and stuff with it but it's definitely not theo nly good spell at that level.
>>
>>52888989
I think you mean Force Knife, Holy Knife, Flaming Knife, Lightning Knife, Poison Knife and/or Ice Knife.

Actually Force Knife sounds awesome.
>>
>>52888989
> lore wizard
I am triggered
>>
>>52888997
He does like to use Force Knife a lot.

Basically makes it looks like a distortion in the air that makes an audible OOMPH noise.
>>
>>52889001
dont worry, anon

i use all UA and you cant stop me
>>
>>52889011
>All UA
The question is
Do you allow all UA multiclassing?
>>
>>52888974
1d10 + 2d6 (12.5 avg) is barely above what a 2nd/3rd level martial will do per round, actually- (Paladin w/ a Greatsword, 2d6 reroll 1/2 + 3 for 10 avg). Rarely worth the spell slot to cast a level 1 damage spell that isn't guaranteed reliable 3d4+3 Magic Missile.

Ice Knife is more for flavor and fun.

Entangle is the last 1st level spell I meant to include. *the* control spell for controllers.
>>
>>52889024
Ah, my dear friend

only after reviewing and seeing if its fine on paper
>>
>>52888996
Truth on those second level spells, I just got bored on looking through 2nd level spell lists. Rope Trick is overrated.

Misty Step is usually the most underrated spell though.
>>
>>52889027
It's better when you can get 2 target inside the AoE.
>>
>>52889027
Basically it's a level 1-3 spell that you'll never use once it can't kill everything.

The main use is when you're fighting groups of goblins and shit.
>>
>>52888768
gg
>>
>tfw my 2nd level spells are shit
>darkvision, web, knock and see invisibility
I probably should have put more thought into it
>>
>>52888880
Women who use sex and deception over violence to get what they want. Usually not outright evil, or if they are at least amicable, and keep it hidden to most folks. I didn't think much of it until I looked back over my campaigns (spanning years) and realized I only had 2 genuinely good female NPC's show up out of all of them.
>>
>>52889122
>2nd level spell slot
>using it for darkvision

nigga what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>52888502
This seems like a bit too much, even for an avatar.
You might as well stat the entire thing. Fucking do it.
>>
>>52888936
Nice, didn't pick up on that.
>>
File: 1491302738093.gif (865KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491302738093.gif
865KB, 370x281px
>>52889122
>darkvision
>>
>>52889122
Why didn't you take Invisibility? I mean Web and Knock are decent. See invisibility is situational amazing.

Darkvision... Diviners recover a free level 1 slot?
>>
>>52889137
>>52889144
if a team doesn't have full darkvision, it's totally worth it to have that spell.

Darkvision + Pass without trace and having a full party stealth in some dark dungeon is totally worth.
>>
>>52889137
>>52889144
It's out of the abyss and my character lacks darkvision. It's my most used spell
>>
>>52888502
>Any undead within the radius with 100 hit points or fewer must succeed on a DC 27 Constitution saving throw or are instantly destroyed, or take 93 (17d10) radiant damage on a successful save and are blinded for 1 minute.
Don't use the rest of it and no saving throw, it's still an avatar.
>>
>>52889156
>>52889160
Even so. What class are you?

It's so easy to get darkvision by one means or another without resorting to spells, it stuns me when it does come up in usage.
>>
>>52889156
Darkvision should let people see through Magical Darkness.

Then I'd take it on my Shadow Sorcerer for twinned spells and letting other party members benefit from my personal space bubble.
>>
>>52889150
Darkvision is actually transmutation
>>
>>52888502
>are freed from any curse, disease, poison, blindness, deafness, fear, lycanthropy, and madness.
>are healed 59 hp
You fucking wot.
>>
>>52889175
Diviner Wizard. How else would I go about it? I get it at level 10, but I don't want to be strolling around the underdark lit up like a beacon because I'm holding a torch for 7 levels more than I need to
>>
>>52889215
Eh. I mean in your case, not so much. So many races get it, and then Warlocks can get an upgrade version via Devil's Sight.

Could always do Dancing Lights cantrip and stay in the dark and have them float nearby. But if you're happy with darkvision, it seems reasonablish.
>>
>>52888502
The 9d10 radiant + 9d10 fire actually might be a good idea, you could even do 9d10 radiant + 8d10 for that 17.
>>
Hey /5eg/, going to be running a Forge Cleric here pretty soon. What are some cool things I can do with the Channel Divinity and Fabricate?
>>
I want ideas and suggestions. Give me some inspiration, 5eg!

So, the villains want to set up an ambush for the PCs. They have used some sort of charm or mind control on (or illusion of) an NPC familiar to the party, so that NPC will meet the party and bring them to the ambush. The NPC is part of a major thieves' guild and supposedly has a very valuable artifact that the party wants. The villains have some information about the party, that they are very strong and have some powerful magic items (one of which the villains desperately want). Party level 9, paladin, revised ranger, moon druid, fighter7/barb2, wizard8/cleric1. Now, I have two scenarios so far:

#1. NPC says they'll bring the party to the artifact, but it's in one of the guilds' safe-houses, thus if they want to go there, they must be blindfolded and travel by carriage. Upon arrival the villains surprise the blindfolded party with several bloody stabs, possibly trying to take away their weapons and magic items. After the first round, who knows what'll happen.

#2. NPC brings the party to a tavern filled with bad guys in disguise but also several innocent bystanders. Bad guys attack, surrounding the party, using the panicking people in the hopes of avoiding AoE spells while they hack away.

Which one should I use? Is there a better plan they could do? Keep in mind this is not an attack designed to kill, but to deliver a warning, and most of all, to retrieve an important magic item.
>>
I think I might be retarded. I just realized that as a totem Barb I don't have to take the same totem every time.

So what are the best combination of totems?
>>
>>52889354
I'm a fan of Bear, Eagle and then Tiger. Tiger's pretty much the best level 14, level 6 doesn't matter much and level 3 depends on what you want.
>>
>>52888674
Monk Paladin or Warlock
>>
>>52888674
>>52889394
Or.. just like all the answer to "what should I be question"....

Mystic.
>>
>>52889347
Plan #1, but have them shoved on board a slaver ship and put out to sea. Then you can have them trying to escape the vessel.
>>
>>52889347
>>52889458
>Upon arrival the villains surprise the blindfolded party with several bloody stabs

Don't forget that surprise round doesn't exist in 5e! The PC get to roll their initative before the stab (or anything else the bad guyt is try to do)!
>>
>>52889347
charm doesn't work that way.
>>
>>52889483
Yeah, but characters can still be surprised in the first round of initiative.
>>
>>52886726
Last part sounds redundant.

The wording is very clear that, as long as you are poisoned, you are unconscious. I suspect the "shake to awake" is for the quick "he went that way" kind of response, maybe to cast cure poison if we are being lenient, but you will go unconcius again the moment someone isnt actively trying to keep you awake.
>>
>>52889483
>Don't forget that surprise round doesn't exist in 5e!

Does in my games. Makes way more sense to have stealthed characters get their turn in before anyone else rather than individuals being "surprised" and getting hit by multiple enemies as a result.
>>
>tfw Dwarven Fighter/Monk
>can heal on a bonus action as long as ki holds out
>can heal twice on the same turn
>21 AC and Dodge actions all day
HOW CAN OTHER TANKS EVEN COMPETE
>>
>>52889723
Have you taken Long Death Monk?
>>
>>52889729
Shadow, so I can laugh at casters and teleport all night.
>cheesing advantaged Stunning Blows with Battlemaster maneuvers when everything auto-fails Strength checks to resist
>>
>>52888502
Still needs some work but wouldn't mind seeing more of this famalam.
>>
>>52887066
Yes, with Lolth's children guiding them you have also the spider-hate club and the regular sex cult.
>>
So what's revivify suppose to do? I can bring back undead and construct, so it's not really resurrection...
>>
>Elven Accuracy
>They literally ported Always Strike First from Warhammer
Whoever makes this shit, needs to neck himself.
>>
Will we ever get Pyromancer Sorcerer in t5etool?
>>
>>52890050
At least crit-fishers have another option except Half-Orc.
>>
>>52890044
Its the defibrillator spell.
>>
How should I go about a Paladin/Bard? I had the idea of the traditional Knightly guy who also has a love of poetry. I could also go pure Paladin and put the rest as fluff.

I've never played a Paladin so I'm a little worried about doing it right.
>>
>>52890044
You slap the anima and the soul back into the body and tell them to keep their shit together.
>>
>>52890154
Sounds like you would be fine just going for Valor Bard. It hits all the notes for a poetry loving Knight.
>>
>>52890065
The issue is how ridiculously good this is on some characters, and absolutely worthless on others.

Some builds should never expect to have advantage. When they have it, cool, but it is that rare occurrence that is more reliant on the GM than anything else.

Meanwhile, some characters and certain party setups, will have advantage on everything forever. In those cases, this becomes laughably overpowered, which is stupid.

Watch my level 17 Elf Lore Bard have permanent advantage with rerolls on every single attack, and you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>52890154
Make it a Paladin of Hlal.
>>
>>52890261
Can a Valor Bard actually hold up in melee? Should I focus on Dexterity over Charisma and use mostly buff and no save spells?
>>
>>52890276
>Hlal
I never knew about her and I thought I knew 99% of Forgotten Realms gods. She's super.

I actually like the idea of a Dragonborn Paladin of her with some of the new racial feats.
>>
>>52890220
Does it have to be the original animus? Would there be side effects if it weren't? Having a new animus might be an explanation for why other raise dead spells give a -4 penalty.
>>
>>52889347
Could the NPC be a Doppleganger? Maybe obtained info from real npc with a potion of detect thoughts and interrogation. The Doppleganger drinks a potion of detect thoughts to try and stay a step ahead of party discovering it.

Swing by the tavern either way and make the NPC give them a choice.

1. Tavern Ambush Option. They wait in the tavern while NPC retrieves item and returns. Perhaps they pay half upfront or even leave a magic item or 2 with NPC as token of good faith. Once NPC leaves the tavern, ambush them.

2. Safehouse Ambush Option. They can ride in a carriage blindfolded to the safehouse. The party will be expecting some sort of ambush so give them a false one with easy to kill mooks. NPC tells them, their efforts will be rewarded but put hoods back on. Arrive at destination and ambush them for real.
>>
>>52890300
Hlal is easily my favourite of the Dragon deities.

Short sword is a comfy weapon, and can fit almost any build you want (and aren't too autistic about the difference between a d6 and a d8), and it is so easy playing a more laid back type of character, even as a Paladin.

And it is super thematically appropriate to multiclass bard. I think the old books even outright stated that the clerics were usually multiclassed bards. Races of the Dragon maybe?
>>
>>52890363
That works, it could also be why is time sensitive.
Have a small text on necromancy.
>>
I am starting up a campaign in a homebrew setting.

All 5 players picked moon druids.

Any good plot ideas here? I swapped out the initial "game of throne"esque campaign, and want something that truly fits a group of druids.

I am almost considering making some animal heavy campaign, and inventing an underground society of animals.
>>
>>52888936
huh cute
>>
>>52890282
It's decent. Light armour is better if you are boosting dex, unless you get the feat for +1 AC medium armour. You'd have about 18-20 AC at level 4 depending on feats and amount of money to spend on armour.
I think level 3 spells might be an issue for low charisma, but 16 should be enough to be able to cast save spells and still have them be useful sometimes
>>
>>52890410
Hurr durr.
Dragon 372, by the way.
>>
>>52890282
Valor Bard's with level 4 spells become very good. Greater Invisibility and 20 Dexterity means some pretty good uses. This is also interchangeable with haste.

You won't pump out the same damage but with d8s, great AC from studded leather shield and disadvantage you will survive, and surviving is half the battle.
>>
>>52890411
An evil sect of Druids is trying to conjure a powerful elemental that will burn the nearbye city to ashes.

Basically this cause moonbeam can revert Wild shape and makes it easier for you.
>>
>>52890428
Valor bards are fantastic for mounted combat. Find Steed makes them amazing on the front line.
>>
>>52890473
>Basically this cause moonbeam can revert Wild shape and makes it easier for you.
...what?

I dont understand what you are trying to say here.

An evil druid circle could work, but I feel like I'd rather make them handle another group, not just more druids.
>>
The new UA with race feats gives some really cool feats to Dragonborn.
Imagine Dragonborn barbarian with the enhanced body thing (+1 to AC and natural fist weapons) and WINGS
>>
File: Dragonborn Racial Feats.gif (920KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonborn Racial Feats.gif
920KB, 400x300px
>>52890522
>>
File: Sasuke Oakenshield.png (110KB, 400x526px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke Oakenshield.png
110KB, 400x526px
>>52889750
>nothin' personel, lad
>>
>tfw you get hyped about the new feats because a decent +1 Dex feat resolves an odd-numbered stat problem you had
>but your DM gives a flat out no to this UA
>>
>>52890671
it's a bork UA
only select few feats they've put out have been balanced, and the skill feats UA
>>
>>52890671
I can't see why, unless you are just giving feats left and right.
>>
File: Schierke.jpg (23KB, 301x251px) Image search: [Google]
Schierke.jpg
23KB, 301x251px
>>52890884
Not that anon, but our group used to be 3.5fags and our DM's only complaint about 5e is the sort of "overly streamlined skill system".

So, when we started our most recent session (level 9), he just gave us one of the skill feats because he felt like it added a bit more to the table. Hasn't been a problem so far.
>>
>>52891003
Our has given us a feat for each important achievement along with some downtime.
At this point, if we had a powergamer, we could chart character builds rising as the dragon population decreases.
>>
>>52889750
>>52889729
>>52889723
Monk, Paladin and Mystic are easily my favorite classes.
>>
looking for some input on my level 15-20 BBEG
>BBEG is a pure martial former adventurer who traded his soul with a devil for some kind of boon/power
>he used the boon to defeat an orcish champion of some good-alignment God
>he also defeated an ancient elven sorcerer (the most powerful in the world?), but then forced the elf into servitude
>their goals sort of align so they're working together but the BBEG is clearly in control

what kind of boon would make sense but also not make the BBEG stupid powerful? I was going to make him immune to magic but that wouldn't be fun for any spellcaster. This is also my first level 15+ campaign so maybe spell immunity would be ok I'm just not sure
>>
>>52890473
>>52890515
Druid dont have shapechanger subtype. Moonbeam only revert shapechanger back. It wouldn't work on polymorph target either.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/05/25/do-wild-shaped-druids-or-polymorphed-creatures-count-as-shapechangers-for-moonbeam/
>>
>>52891233
Boon of resilience?
>>
>>52888795
Sure! Party members exist as well.
>>
>>52891237
Then he is an idiot.

Why would I purposely fuck over the entire group for picking moon druid? And how would I be making things easier for myself by doing it?
>>
>>52891420
> build for level 20
Most campaign end during session 0 anon
>>
>>52890884
She's a fun-killer.
>>
Would a single Goodberry be enough to sustain an elephant for a day?

One player said the wording is 'A creature' following RAW, DM argues it's meant for a humanoid, not a full sized animal such as an elephant and would require more. What does /tg/ think?
>>
>>52891563
I think this joke went too far at some point...
>>
>>52891580
It's getting closer to the truth now, though.
Most campaigns are aborted after the pitch.
>>
>>52891579
As a GM I would say its fine because who the fuck actually wants to keep track of the parties eating habits let alone their pets.
>>
>>52891579
It's arguable, but the DM's word is final. I had a ranger who wanted to live off goodberries forever. I told him it would work for a time, but eventually he would starve to death without eating real food.
>>
>>52891003
Queue every player at the table just taking 'Perceptive' and gaining expertise in Perception and a better Wis save.
>>
>>52891620
Shit dude, that is retarded.

I once made a magic initiate urchin Rogue, with Goodberry, Guidance and Mending, and had a lot of fun with a character who deliberately refused food of any kind, because she was afraid of getting "hooked" on it. Got thrown out by an angry noble once, because she refused his wonderful feast.

It just adds an interesting point to the character, as long as you stay consistent. Just throw a few side effects of "no actual food" on once in a while, for added flavour, and you're good. My GM made my character get drunk a lot more easily, because no solid food meant the alcohol had a far greater effect than it should have. Aside from the noble example above, she also came off as somewhat creepy at times, because to normal people, not eating, ever, is I'd rather unnerving - several priests spent spells trying to make sure she was, indeed, a living being.
>>
>>52891791
Nobody at my table power games like that for the hell of it. Our fighter took Menacing or whatever cause he likes making people scared on the battlefield.
>>
>>52891604
do you play with goldfish, by chance?
>>
>>52891791
In the Roll20 group I play in (I have to DM if I want to play IRL) we all just took what helped us and was flavorful. Mystic studied religion while building a library on a temple, the Paladin built part of the temple herself and got stronger and better at carrying weight.
Theologian and Brawny.
>>52891986
>Implying I got to play.
Just look up at Roll20 or here in /tg/, a lot of DM just decide that they don't actually want to.
>>
>>52892038
Go to a hobby shop and stop trying to play online.
>>
>>52892054
Hobby shops are great, we have an AL in our town and there's a table running modules every night. Just pick a night, show up, bam, reliable insta-game with normal (mostly) non-autists.
>>
>>52892054
closest hobby shop is like 40 minutes away since i live out in the boonies
there is one that is slightly closer but its nearly exclusively populated by MtG neckbeards that are extremely xenophobic to normies like me
>>
>>52892054
That was worse.
The group I play on roll20 now are great.
I just say that it was like wading through shit to get to el dorado.
Also, I do DM.
>>52892093
I wish it was like that here.
I'll give it another shot, then.
Maybe "DMPC on a platinum dragon shows up" us no longer the only DM there.
>>
>>52892093
>>52892126
>>52892127
Just checked on wizards page.
The closest AL game near me is at...
Nowhere. It's magic all the way down.
>>
>>52892127
Well I'm not saying its perfect. Had a DM at one call me a rules lawyer because I wanted to know if an ally was in the friendly fog cloud and could have the attack roll have disadvantage against him.

In his defense though, he does REALLY hate having to pause the game at any point to look up a rule. which doesn't help because he's fairly green to the system and has to look up anything that isn't basic level stuff
>>
What are people's thoughts on dust and midway? I'm thinking dust could potentially be dark sun (deserts and all that) or possibly a feywild book (faerie dust) and midway is likely PHB2 in some form but either signals the mid-point of 5e (PHB3 would then likely be the end) or it'll have some sort of festival theme (a midway is a fair, potentially released on july 15th to celebrate 5e's anniversary or august 19th for the PHB).
>>
What are the best invocations for a ninth level GOO tomelock? I'm thinking misty vision, agonizing, and book but I'm not sure on the last two.
>>
Need some advice on an encounter I am planning. The party is escorting a trade caravan into a town that is ambushed by goblins. In the build up exposition, I was going to have a NPC tell the party that a previous convoy was attacked and the goblins tried to draw the protection away so a second group of goblins could raid the carriages. During the ambush, a group of 3-4 goblins was going to use any surprise round attacks to shoot arrows at the horse of the lead carriage. After that, they would slowly move away while taking pot shots at the party. If the party took more than 10 rounds to chase down those goblins, the party would come back to the caravan to find the drivers dead and valuables gone unless some of the party stayed back.

If the players were back to prevent the second stage of the attack, there are 2-3 hobgoblins and 1 goblin per player at the caravan. The goblins would rush to melee range and the hobgoblins would stay back with their longbows. If the players were doing poorly, I was going to have the carriage drivers help out with crossbows after a few rounds.

This seem like an encounter that 5 Lv4 players could handle?
>>
>>52892455
Depends, what's the party's make-up?
>>
>>52890154

>spoiler
Don't worry about that part. So long as you aren't a complete spergmonkey, you should be fine. Ham the character up, make it as cheesy as possible with the wooing of women of the court, or beautiful peasant women, or whatever.

So long as you commit to the character concept and don't play Lawful Stupid, playing a Paladin isn't hard at all.
>>
>>52892519

Wizard, Warlock, Moon Druid, Sword+Shield Fighter, Bard (the normal DM wanted a break and I trying to run a side quest. He said he would go with a Bard since my skill mule Rogue isn't there) and possibly a Tempest Cleric (player has been a bit flakey).
>>
>>52892614
How've they performed so far?
>>
I'd like some advice on some homebrew rules I came up with

>Training - During down time, adventurers can take the time usually spent recovering to instead do small exercises to hone their body and mind. During a short rest, a player can expend a hit die and choose an ability score. The player gains an advantage on the next ability check or saving throw using that ability. You cannot gain this bonus again until you've used your previous advantage.
>>
>>52892638

Pretty good though the DM has had pretty linear encounters for combat. See a room with these bad guys in it. He uses a map because half the party is pretty new to DnD.

Would you mind if I gave you the quick rundown of the quest?
>>
>>52892668
i dont see why training something for an hour or so would only make you better at it temporarily
>>
>>52892696
lemme hear it bud
>>
>>52892700
It's fresh in your (muscle) memory is what I can come up with as justification.
>>
Paladin 2 / Draconic Sorcerer X?
Does it work well? I want to be a dragon knight!
>>
>>52892700
I'm basing it off of the idea of stretching. It helps you do strenuous activity easier, but its effects aren't permanent.
>>
>>52892752
>>52892767
Im not a personal fan of it but i dont see any issues with it either
whatever floats your boat
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
i have an extraordinarily neutral player/PC and am having issues providing motivation for him to go on the quests that the party gets other than "to get stronger"
the other PCs are good aligned and so its relatively easy to give them motivation to do something and it makes sense
he usually just tags along for the exp. despite having no personal investment and its extremely difficult to GIVE him that investment because he might as well be playing pic related
gm tips for a situation like this?
>>
>>52892866
as long as he stays with the party, he doesn't really need any other motivation.
>>
>>52892866
Force him make decisions, question his character in-game why he does what he does.
Ask him what's best in life.
>>
>>52892907
his answers would probably be
"getting stronger" and "being strong"
>>
>>52892866
My group struggled with this for a really long time, people all wanted to play extremely different motivations and the solution became (barring you have a structure that puts them together like the inquisition in DH) this character leaves and you reroll because you didnt design a character that can roll with the group. People need to keep their group in mind when creating their characters.
>>
>>52892900
it seems like hes bored though
i try to be engaging and all my other players usually love my campaigns but this one dude just does not give me anything to work with and even when i ask him OOC what he would enjoy hes just like "iunno its whatever man"
>>
>>52892921
Then question the player with your fist. Or just talk to him and ask him why his character is so dull.
>>
>New UA feats out
>Half tempted to let all PCs pick one as part of character creation

How unbalancing would this be? Especially since the party is at level 11 and they want the campaign to run till 20?
>>
>>52892946
I have a player just like that too. Are robots quietly taking over the world, starting with D&D?
>>
>>52892947
i do like the idea of forcing him to make difficult decisions in game on a relatively regular basis
that could help me get a read on what really does motivate his character since he basically refuses to tell me OOC
>>
>>52892866
Why do people who makes characters like this even play D&D?
>>
>>52892957
the racial feats that just came out would be fine
with the other ones i would avoid doing that personally
>>
>>52892946
It's obvious you make a rival for him, a guy who is self confident and continuously shows up at the worst time. He's only there to fight the neutral guy because his goal aswell is to become stronger. Also when he leaves, win or lose, says smell ya later.
>>
>>52892985
They want to interact socially while knowing they are awful at it. So they pick a hobby known to be awkward and just wait to fit in while being the least offensive possible.
>>
>>52892957
If the party is level eleven, they could already have two feats at character creation.
>>
>>52893011
Accompanied by a party who is sick of his shit. They will still defend him if the PC party tries to intervene in the duel of the dull.
>>
>>52892921
Then literally have a stronger person dominate him. Make him the little bitchboy of NPC. There, now he has motivation.

The motivation to get stronger so he isn't the bitchboy anymore
>>
>Spend nearly 6 hours translating character sheets into roll20 shaped macros
>Only one person thanks me

Wow.
>>
File: gayry.gif (29KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
gayry.gif
29KB, 267x200px
>>52893011
i have actually done something similar to this but not quite so obvious
sometimes i do intentionally include NPCs just to give him shit
just to try to get a rise out of him so i can get SOME emotion out of his character
the only issue with this is i cant do it constantly or else it just seems like im bullying him
>>
>>52893040
see
>>52893052
>>
>>52890411
Moon Druids do not have the Shapechanger tag, and therefore are unaffected by Moonbeam.
>>
>>52893052
In that case, make a sort of rival for every party member. All these rivals may or may not be working together, or partially. Then, because they're all being targeted at random frequencies, it's not so bad anymore. For the rivals' motivation, turn the PCs into accidental dicks. Side-effect of something they did turned out bad for these guys.

Bonus points if the PCs don't remember the event and you turn them into Mr Bisons.
"For you, it was the most important day of your life, for me it was tuesday"
>>
>>52892668
I feel like the only time I would use this instead of using the hit die to heal or saving it in case healing is needed later would be if the GM just arbitrarily dropped a mountain in front of the party and my character didn't have training in Athletics.
>>
>>52893046
Most of them probably have no idea what that means, or how much effort is involved. I know I don't.
>>
>>52892715

Party gets a letter from the mayor of the small town we are in. There is a 'city guard' of low level guards that are borrowed from a city a days travel away. During our last session, our party cleared our a Kobold den and the protection that the weekly supply convoy would have is investigating that cave. The mayor asks the party if they will ride out to meet the carriages and escort them to town.

Encounter #1 is that ambush with goblins. My character leaves on the Kobold investigation and my friends character goes along with the party as a memberof the guard.

When the party gets back to town with some/all of the carriages, the mayor gives them ~20/50GP each for their service and asks them if they would check out on the cave investigation.

They would meet up with my character outside of town returning. Tell each other about the day's events and foreshadow anything the normal DM wants to tell our party about the future of the Kobold attacks. My character tells the party they should go search out a guard that was looking really upset and being harressed by two other guards.

Encounter #2 Getting info out of the guard. Insight, Preception, and/or Intimidation routes. Bribing attempts start combat.

That guard would either should the party, or they find it on his body, a note saying the two brothers were told to give the location of the ambush to some goblin commander so goblins would raid the supplies. It gives a place to they were too meet.

Encounter #3. If the party tries to stake out that location or hide around it, they will see/hear two guards show up and meet a Hobgoblin Captain and have an argument about the plan not working. The plan was to have the goblins kill everything but leave a share of the loot for the guards to retrieve later. The guards boss isn't happy about loosing his share, especially if the goblins got some.
>>
>>52893155
sounds pretty spicy for early sessions
>>
I was thinking on making a GOO warlock whose patron is Dendar the night serpent.

I was thinking through races and I noticed aasimar had a bonus to charisma, so I decided to read about them. Found out that their angelic guides, Deva, communicate to them in dreams. Similarly, warlocks of Dendar often first hear his hiss in dreams.

Would it make logical sense that Dendar invaded the dreamscape of an Aasimar, blocking or corrupting their relationship with their Deva and lead them to abandoning their angelic calling leading them to be a fallen aasimar?

I don't particularly want to play the chaotic evil edgelord. Would it make sense and seem compelling enough to play a fallen aasimar who essentially was so stressed about living up to their calling they began to have nightmares about failure, which drew in Dendar, and then took a deep root in his mind and soul? So he still wants to do good, but being plagued by visions of failure he renounced his duty when the stress became insurmountable and now lives a bit like a hedonist? He would cope with his nightmares by imposing control over others because he lacks control over his own mind/life? Thus explaining why he would be doing things like charm person and the dominate spells, phantasmal force, etc.
>>
How practical are Tiefling death hugs?
>>
>>52893210
It's not a huge buff, but every little bit counts!
>>
>>52893210
Expertise in athletics by some means would allow you to be a decent grappler even if your str wasn't that high. It wouldn't be the most optimized thing, but it would be fun.
>>
>Kenku

>Frightening Range
>+1 Cha
>You lean the sounds of the beasts and monsters which strike fear into hearts.
>Gain proficiency in Intimidation. If you are already proficient in intimidation, gain expertise.
>In addition, you gain the ability to 'throw' your voice, having it originate from a point up to 35 feet away.

>A murder
>+1 Int or Dex
>Your unique way of thinking and problem solving lends itself well to more than puzzles.
>When making any intelligence check, with Help, you gain the ability to reroll one of the dice that you have rolled. You may take either die.
>In addition, you roll one more damage die on a critical hit.

>Flap harder
>+1 Dex
>Flight is lost, but you're getting there.
>Gain the ability to featherfall at will. You have the ability to change direction and control yourself mid-fall without need for rolls.

>Nevermore
>+1 Con, Cha, or Wis
>You gain the ability to speak with dead once per long rest.
>In addition, you gain the ability to interchange the effects of Charm and Fear whenever they would affect a target because of you.
>>
>>52893155
Pt2

If the party attacks then, they can kill the three enemies but one guard will be alive to tell the party what was going on before he dies. There is a group of Mercs that would allow unprotected shipments to be raided and then track the goblins to their den and steal it all back. He will tell the party where their base is if the party won't tell the town he betrayed them.

Encounter #4A is the bandit base, enemies are a couple War Veterans, Scouts and normal bandits. It's a Horde Loot 0-4 with an extra d25% added to the loot roll.

If the party doesn't sneak up in the meeting, they come across the hobgoblin Captain killing the second guard and they can follow him to the goblin den.

Encounter #4B. It's the goblins, Hobgoblins in appropriate numbers. It's a Horde Loot with a normal d% roll from the loot tables.
>>
>>52893265
i like it senpai
>>
>>52893029
I guess I worded it weird I meant retroactive, as in everyone gets a free feat but only from the racial list.
>>
>>52893325
At level eleven you won't break anything.
Flight at level 1 is dangerous, wings at level eleven just makes you a target for lightning.
>>
>have six player group
>they faceroll over everything I throw at them
>encounter formula from DMG is garbage
>start new campaign
>"it's going to be an old-school style exploration heavy game. Resource management and smart thinking are the order of the day"
>start with 4e Kobold Hall adventure
>don't bother converting a damn thing, I use 4 Kobold Dragonshields in the first room
>down four players, kill one
>they had more fun nearly dying than walking all over things

How in god's name can I just throw shit at the wall and have a good, challenging encounter than when I actually use the tools provided by WOTC?
>>
>>52893406
Because the DMG guide is for a four person party of the same level. Even then solo monsters loose due to the action economy.
>>
>>52893290

Cheers man
>>
>>52893449
Indeed. Four months in, and I still make the mistake of trying to throw in solo enemies.
But I'm learning and the fights are gradually getting harder. And the players said that they feel that their lives are on the line in combat so I suppose things are fine.
Unless they are just bullshitting me because they are afraid I'll start making the encounters too hard.
>>
File: phanaton.gif (55KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
phanaton.gif
55KB, 300x360px
Anons? I wanna convert the Phanaton for use in my homebrew setting: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Phanaton

Just how overpowered is this first draft?

Phanaton
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +1 Wisdom
Size: Small
Speed: 20 feet, Climb 20 feet
Vision: Normal
Bred for the Treetops: You have a Climb speed of 20 feet and Advantage on Athletics checks made in relation to climbing and jumping.
Forest Ghosts: You have Proficiency in Stealth, and gain Advantage on all Stealth checks made whilst in forest and jungle terrain.
Fangs: When you make an Unarmed Strike, you can choose to bite your opponent. Biting causes your attack, on a hit, to deliver 1d4 Piercing damage. If you have the Martial Arts class feature, your bite attack uses your Martial Arts damage dice instead, although it is still Piercing damage.
Glide: So long as you are not Incapacitated, overburdened, or wearing medium or heavy armor, you can use your Reaction to Glide if you fall or jump off of a high place. Gliding negates all damage you would normally take from falling, and allows you to cover a horizontal distance of 20 feet for every 5 feet you descend.
>>
>Firbolg

>Fey Teleportation
Same as UA

>Giant Kin
>+1 Str or Con
>Gain the ability to enlarge yourself, as per Enlarge/Reduce, once per long rest.

>Druiditic
>+1 Wis
>Learn the Druidcraft cantrip and gain the ability to cast Barkskin once per short rest.

>The Code of Hiatea
>+1 Str or Con
>If an ally within 5 feet of you were to be hit by a melee attack, as a reaction you gain the ability to swap places with them and take the hit in their stead.
>In addition, spears in your use gain the reach property, increasing your range with them by 5 ft.
>>
>>52893487
The way I do it is set up a core group then have reinforcements for one reason or another. Give the players a sense of urgency and then if a fight is going really easy when it's supposed to be a big boss fight a wave can pop up. If the party is struggling due to bad rolls then I don't accidentally TPK the party.
>>
File: 5wrKHBM.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
5wrKHBM.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
I just wanna play a long, dangerous and secret filled dungeon crawl, why is it so hard to find a game like that?
>>
10th level druid about to fight a bunch of dragons. What spells should I prepare /5eg/?
>>
>>52893626
Long and secret filled require dedication that is perceived to be wasted if the party wipes, so it won't be dangerous.
And in not a small amount of dedication, it's the sort of thing you'd only do if you already know and trust your players.
>>
>>52893557
Are you the same anon who has been posting these? Any ideas for an Aasimar racial feat?
>>
>>52893651
>a bunch of dragons

Spells that let you get the fuck out of Dodge.
>>
>>52893651
Whatever gets you the hell out of there.
>>
>>52893725
Ive got wall of stone and meld into stone. I dont think theyre going to be all at the same tome though
>>
>>52893557
>>52893245
>>52886233
Hobgoblin

>Martial Advantage
>+1 Str or Int
>Three times per long rest you gain the ability to deal an additional 2d6 to a target within 5 feet of one of your allies. You may use martial advantage only once per turn.

>Devastation
>+1 Int
>Once per long rest you gain the ability to increase the size of a spell you cast by 10 feet. For example cone of cold goes out to 70 feet, width adjusting accordingly, or fireball is now a 30 foot radius. Spell must have a size, in feet, to use devastation with.
>In addition any number of allies, which can include yourself, become immune to the effects of any AoE spell you use devastation with.

>TACTICAL GENIUS
>+1 Str or Int
>When completely unseen, three times per long rest, you may cast Misty Step.
>If you attack after using Misty Step, add +2 to all attack rolls.
>>52893709
Thinking about them. I'm currently going down the 5etools list by source so I'll get back to them when I go back around. I'm not really sure what to give them though. Do they mostly go cleric or what?
>>
>>52889570
Heh, I just pictured in my head how I'd run it. The poisoned, unconscious character is shaken awake, decides what to do in their next turn, and at the end of it they just collapse back to unconsciousness again. Would make for a funny scene.
>>
>>52893758
If you have laid back players would be, otherwise I can easily see a screeching fit starting.
>>
>>52893751
>Do they mostly go cleric or what?
Paladin. That +2 Charisma goes a long way! Though they could make for a good cleric or any other charisma caster.
>>
>>52893815
Hmm. Alright.
I'll come up with some shit for the next thread and eventually come up with something to hold them all in a 'final' form.
Then Kobold, Bugbear, Tabaxi and then Orc. I have no idea what to do for orcs.
>>
>>52893852
If the Half-elf is indicative (likely) just give them one trait and access to the Half-orcs'
>>
>>52893852
Not gonna lie but for what ever reason I keep coming back to the Dragonborn getting flight. Since Assmir are angelic descendants it'd make sense to have something similar.
>>
>>52893893
And Tiefling's can fly too.
>>
>>52892985
Some people participate for the social aspect, nothing else.

This was star wars, but I had a friend who had a "scholar" character. He didn't talk much, and didn't do combat. He knew things, and studied a lot. That's it.

The system is based on character points, and while everybody else got like 7 to 8, he got 2 or 3 at most, and he was fine with that. He didn't roleplay, he didn't participate outside of a few knowledge rolls, and mostly just sat around waiting for random conversations to occur.

He was socialising, not playing the game. To each their own, I guess.
>>
>>52893096
...so?
>>
What are some good spells to use with this? 10th level PC, so only 1st and 2nd level spells.

>Magical Ambush. Starting at 9th level, if you are hidden from a creature when you cast a spell on it, the creature has disadvantage on any saving throw it makes against the spell this turn.

>>52893852
Well since half-orcs can get the Aggressive trait, an orc feat could give them Relentless Endurance and/or Savage Attacks.

On a side note why are orcs so shit? Comparing to half-orc they have Aggressive and Powerful Build, but lose both traits that make half-orcs good and -2 Int to top it off. What if orcs got +3 Str?
>>
>>52893210
Actually a huge deal for grapples. Activate before the bonus action matters, and do your thing. Free damage on top of what you'd normally do anyway.

So id you ever have an ASI and nothing good to use it for, it is decent. Or if your GM does like I do, and let everybody take a free feat related to their race at Character creation (with a few restrictions)
>>
New thread
>>52894068
>>52894068
>>52894068
>>52894068
>>
>>52893778
I have a solution for that.

Don't play with autistic spergs.
>>
>>52889723
>monk/fighter

Khelgar is proud
>>
>>52886385
There's Healing Elixir from UA Starter Spells. I'm playing a light/shadow themed sorcloc myself and it's very tempting to pick up since it lasts for 24 hours and you can just spam it with your hour-long short rests if you have time to prepare.
>>
>>52886688
Thing is you can't split the healing with Aasimar so you get one heal per long rest. If you can use your Magic Initiate spell with Warlock spell slots, that'd be a lot better.
>>
>>52893751

>Goliath

>Stalwart titan
>+1 Con
>Your melee weapon attacks gain an additonal 5ft range
>Your Unarmed strikes deal an additional 2 bludgeon damage.

>Giants Wisdom
+1 Wis
You gain proficiency in the Insight and Perception skills.
If you are allready proficient then double your proficiency bonus.
Whenever you make a Wisdom saving throw you add an additional half of your proficiency bonus (rounded down) to the roll.
>>
>>52895708
>Human

>Nocturnal Adaptation
>+1 to Wis
>You gain a 60 ft Darkvision and Proficiency in Perception

>In-Human endurance
>+1 to Con
>You gain an additional 2 Hp per character level
>Once per Long rest you may cure one level of exauhstion.
Thread posts: 361
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.