[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fuck autist punk edition > Resources (Crunch, Lore a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 50

File: 1488479960443.jpg (111KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488479960443.jpg
111KB, 576x576px
>Fuck autist punk edition
> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/TSQhemJR (embed)

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread: >>52841669
>>
File: 1492293335157.jpg (456KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492293335157.jpg
456KB, 1000x1000px
M'Lady

*tips fedora*
>>
How should I run Glave Guard?
>>
File: 1493025382276.png (3MB, 1346x898px) Image search: [Google]
1493025382276.png
3MB, 1346x898px
>>52868513
*blocks your path*
nothing personal, monkey

*Unsheat Multimelta*
>>
>>52868611
at least those dorfs got balls, gotta give them that
>>
Great thread guys, off to a good start.

Let's see if we can see the WHFB/AoS cross shit-posting to a minimum, yeah? What're you workin on? Played any games recently? Piece of lore you wanna chat about?
>>
>>52868611
*unsheaths rune of fire resistance*

:^)))))))))))))
>>
>>52868513
Unsheaths Vagina
Psst,,, nottin perdonal kibd
>>
>>52868622
currently being happy at T9A starter kit as it will allow me to indulge my desire to collect some races without starting full-blown armies, has small enough armies to be casually portable and the setup/rules are easy enough to try and get new people into the game

maybe it will even work on the AoS-playing faggots in my only FLGS (since their main beef with WHFB/T9A seems to be "it takes actual time and effort to setup and play", fucking lazy cunts)
>>
>>52868663
Fug. you beat me there valaya.
>>
File: Sigmar vs Nagash.webm (2MB, 840x472px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar vs Nagash.webm
2MB, 840x472px
>>
>>52868609
oops, i mean Grade Guard
>>
>>52868680
you just had to go and spoil the whole book, yeah?
>>
>>52868622
I'm currently working on my Varangur/Nurglites for Kings of War as well as other projects for other games (BA french résistance, infinity starter set).
>>
>>52868622
My dispossessed because I am not a giant steampunk retard.
>>
>>52868622
ordered a Mournful Knight from Gamezoneminiatures to check the quality, also two running wolf models.

Since I canned my 40k army and will probably sell it soon, I'll give 6ed Warhammer another try. Few of my colleagues dusted off their old models and get playing again, kinda regret selling my High Elf army back in 2010, but if the Gamezone miniatures turn out alright I'll start a Vamp army with some of them.
>>
>>52868622
Getting the itch to work on my tomb kings and a small 6th ed. Empire army I picked up a few years ago.

But I got so many other projects that need to get done that they'll continue to sit on the backburner. Might try reaching out to the local fantasy community, see if that can keep me motivated to push on.

Also, good job on no thread title, OP, you dingus.
>>
>>52854850 #
Archaon was born after the destruction of Mordheim, how could he address Sisters of Sigmar?
>>
>>52869083
things just kinda end up working out for him.
>>
is there any sort of cheap villagers/townsfolk minis? I wanna liven up some bases and terrain pieces

don't say Reaper or I'll hit you
>>
>>52869303
raging heros?
>>
I'm converting Orion and all he's lacking at the moment is a head
and human/elf heads of that size are woefully rare. creatures of that size mostly got either monstrous faces, or look like retards, or are bearded.

anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>52869303
Warlord :
https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/landsknecht/
>>
>>52869435
"cheap" means "not costing a lot of money"
you confused it with "fucking expensive"
>>
>>52869461
thanks a lot! just what I need!
>>
>>52869455
mel gibson miniature.
>>
what a lively thread
>>
>>52869478
You're welcome, there's probably gripping beast civilians if you need more some crusade-era or viking-era civilians as well.

Pic not related
>>
File: 1492519485220.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492519485220.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
where exactly in the warhammer world could high elves be cut off and isolated? Not wood elves... they need some sort of purpose like they were on campaign and got stuck somewhere?

I would like some help to make some fluff up as to why my high elves look battered and non-shiny (also beards).

I almost want a crusader theme. maybe an city equivalent of Jerusalem somewhere?
>>
>>52870264
radical party of Eltharion's elves that didn't go home and still rampage through the Badlands hunting down Greenskins left and right

>beards
WHAT?!!!!!!
>>
>>52868611
Whole setting just reminds me of D&D's Sigil city and that place is just a fucking Mary sue generator retarded.

ANYWAY, let's get back to the thread at hand. A couple questions:
Where do you guys get your parts. I don't mean boxes and bits lots, but do you know of any place that just sells specific parts of items? I'm making a plague censer for my pestalin's theme battles and wanted to just get the screaming bell cart rather then build from scratch (spent enough time on this peice as is).

Also: not feeling very creative in the painting department. Anyone have any color schemes/themes they like to see on he'll pit abominations and vermin lords? Favorite pics or paint list would be cool.
>>
>>52870264
In Norsca/troll country or the dark lands ?

You take some high elves from say, a maritime colony, they intervened to save Pigbarter and its merchants and end up being stuck in the dark lands for ages as the campaign draws longer and longer. Some even knock up local humans.
>>
>>52870264
>Beards

kill yourself autist-kun
>>
>>52870346
EU: I normally buy from yagdavix and garageabitz on ebay. garageabitz is tad cheaper, I think, but yagdavix often sells bits in sets (e.g. matching spears from same kit) for nearly same price

US: from what I know hoard'o'bitz (not sure about spelling) on ebay is pretty good. they sell smaller bits in small bulks (e.g. all spears from a kit), so it's a good value - I used to order into EU, pay import tax and still found the price good
>>
>>52870390

implying elves with beards wouldnt look bad-ass.

no, you kill yourself.

>>52870351

I was thinking somewhere landlocked or the sea has something that stops ships from being able to just take them away.

thanks for the ideas though.
>>
>>52870523
warhammer elves can't grow beards
>>
>>52870523
Get the fuck out to d&d and play half elf edgelord with beard, autismo
>>
>>52870658
neither can most humans, it doesn't stop them trying to cultivate face pubes though anon.
>>
how do Skaven survive with all their backstabbing? that is, how do they even sleep?

Have they got any sort of laws? Seeing as they have to scheme and plot there must be. And if there are laws, there must be some kind of law enforcement?
Seeing as they have trade and stuff there must be some sort of contract system? What enforces it, besides military might?

Have they any concept of friendship/camaraderie/trust?
Can they realize not backstabbing someone is better from them than backstabbing? (e.g. a Chieftain thinking "Warlord Fritzzik is really-very good at fighting beard-things. If I don't backstab him I'l get more swag and bling than if I become Warlord myself, because all I know is how to hit things.")
Do they even admire one another? Characters give them boost to Ld, so I guess inspiration is not out of question?

And I guess they don't just backstab absolutely random strangers in the streets or even dark alleys, right?
>>
>>52870658
>>52870685

what happens if I sculpt them on the models?

Do you come to my house and kick my dog?

do you not think elves after so much fighting cant grow veteran-alcholic-1000-yard stare-stubble?

maybe they find some sort of squig that causes them to sprout growths on their chins?
>>
>>52870685
>>52870658
>>52870523
>>52870390
>>52870319
HAIR SQUIGS!

work for elves too
>>
>>52870692
No i mean they literally can't. Elves have completely hairless faces, and don't have the ability to grow even the tinies bit of hair on them. Even their eyebrows are extremeli thin and in some cases completely absent
>>
>>52870319

yeah its a crazy idea, I think I might be able to pull it off though!

and thanks for the input.

I have in mind for them to look wind-swept and bedraggled. rough around the edges.
>>
>>52870743
Why would elves put squigs on their faces?

>>52870718
The simple answer to this is: Infinite amount of people
>>
>>52870740
I'll knock you unconcious and perma super glue my bues to your adolescent face so you could have your fucking beard you mongrel
>>
>>52870753
maybe they are like Tolkien elves who grow facial hair only after like 10k+ years? and in gmridark WHFB universe no elf has ever lived long enough (except Malekith)

>>52870771
to look manly? it's no different from any other cosmetical operations or getting piercing or tattoo.
>>
>>52870718

how any dictatorship works.

fear of retribution. The weak fear the strong.
>>
>>52870791
>Thinking a tattoo or piercing makes you manly

Ding ding ding, found the nu-male guise
>>
>>52870791
But Elves have a completely different opinion on what is manly, and squigs are such an inferior vermin they would just sully the perfection of their bodies.
It's the same reason for which you don't see dwarfs getting a tattoo of orc symbols
>>
>>52870789

>bues

An acronym meaning "Boyz U Envy." B.U.E. (or more commonly spelled bUe) is made up of an overwhelming amount of closet homosexuals from the Greater Waterbury area in CT. Their lives consist of promoting a bunch of teen parties at old run-down nightclubs because they're too young to get into real clubs, then they use whatever money they make to buy hair gel and pink clothes/accessories. Several of them are considered DJ's (because now-a-days, any moron who can press play and start pumping a bunch of annoying techno is considered a DJ.) They're your typical Guidos, from the fake tans to the Mars Attacks hair styles to the stupid hand sings they make in every picture they take for their MySpace pages as if to make people think they were in a gang of some sort.
BUE is living proof that the youth of America has officially gone retarted.
>>
>>52870824
there can be absolutely no different opinion on what is manly whatsoever, ever. beard and abs are always manly. always. no, don't get started on tastes or uniqueness or stuff. don't. bald or rock-star hair, ale of whiskey, football or rugby, that sort of manly things may be subject of "taste". but beard and abs are always, always and ever, everywhere, everytime, in every world, setting and culture, absolutely and irrevocably manly. there's nothing else to be said about that.
>>
>>52870264
Southern Gate of Calith, basically besieged by Daemons all day every day.
But they don't have beards regardless.
>>
>Retarted

Retart-kun, when you point out a misstype you need to type properly aswell. I'll still glue my pubes to your face.
>>
>>52870835
>>52870926
>>
>>52870920
daemonic mutation from constant exposure? even elven immunity to chaos has its limits
>>
>>52870794
So.. america ?
>>
I guess you guys probably dont want to hear about my ebony-skinned, thicc, desert wood elves either.

>>52870920

thanks chief

>>52870926

>implying I didnt just copy/paste that off urban dictionary you retart.

maybe spell pubes right we wont need to have this conversation you dummy.
>>
>>52870981
I'll smear those pubes in tart first
>>
>>52870942

>daemon mutation to make them less faggy

I like it.
>>
>>52871005

I know you're projecting the fact you can't grow a beard yourself, but come on take it easy with the pube-talk.
>>
>>52870942
According to Druchii Anointed fluff, Chaos corrupted elves don't get horrible mutations but their pupils dilate and their skin changes color.
>>
>>52871036
>Not clean shaven but a degenerate with cheeto powdered nu male beard

K E K

Anyway, sticking half-elf edgelord beards on elves wont make them less faggy, only more hilarious and comic relief.
>>
>>52870718
They lack one thing in particular: quality of life. They literally live in the most rancid conditions possible because they are highly resilient (savery for, you know, weapons). There is not fighting for a better life type revolution shit. It's all out of fear of the bigger guy. Orcs have tautology based hierarchy as well, but mostly on respect for the tougher guy. Skaven, being incredibly cowardly by nature, is often cowed into submissiveness. They simply run at the enemy because there's a chance the 400 of you can beat the enemy, or risk the 4 billion of your allies eating you because of the Black Hunger. Stronger skaven: better position.
So what do you do if your under someone on the food chain? You remove the link. You have him killed, and take his spot. How do you stop someone from doing it to you? You kill them first. With this ideaology, you now know why the most technologicly advanced and most numerous race is unable to take over (exclude skubtimes).
Trust is bought and friendship is non-exsistant. There is respect, but it is very rare that it is outwardly shown, as it's a sign of weakness. The council of 13 isnt just a buerocratic meeting, it really is the 12 most badass skaven out of trillions, and the one thing that keeps them in place: the horned rat (13th seat). The last civil war was so bad they, for the first time in history, put the back stabbing aside just to calm shit down.
It's not to say they are all completely savage though. Skryr actually produces a good amount of highly intelligent skaven and moulder are genetic engineers.
>>
>>52871037
safe to assume it depends on what said elf does. if its a slaaneshi faggot, it start looking more like a junkie faggot. if it's an elf chopping at daemons night and day with its halberd, it sprouts a beard and some balls.

after all, the psychological impact of chaos does depend on what elves in question do, why wouldn't physical?
>>
>>52870981
>>52870942
not necessary, could integrate them wearing lead woven chainmail to explain the rugged look though.

Also halfbreeds of human traders serving in the garrison explains some of the bearded elves.
>>
>>52871107
doesn't answer the question how does question live more than one night, since there's always someone from either side of food chain seeking to stab you. how does a skaven sleep without getting stabbed?
>>
>>52871124
>Trying to shill degenerate half-elves so hard
>>
>>52868681
>>52868609
Hard to judge, who you playing against?

Sword&Board w/Banner of the Barrows is the setup I saw the most
>>
>>52871167
*how does SKAVEN live more than one night
>>
>>52871177
you're just bitter because Elf getting beards would eliminate one and only "advantage" dwarfs have over Elves

>>52871189
isn't he talking about Glade Guard?
>>
>>52871167

eh. a powerful warlord would have command over stormvermin who are more loyal than the average skaven. Then he would guard his domain and any subjects that were of value to him.

life is a resource so a lot of skaven probably dont last one night but the ones that do become tougher and savvier for it.

Just think of it as Darwinism but with more warpstone.
>>
>>52871235
no matter how tough, you still get backstabbed the moment you close your eyes, unless you have someone to watch your back. and that implies that fair amount of loyalty/trust/profit-in-mutual-survival must be going on
>>
>>52871124
>>52870770
>>52870319
A war party of elves patrolling the western badlands and having a fort in the southern border princes. Have been there for so long that some got bastard half-elves kids, their equipment is in bad state but still kept as preciously as possible. It's not like they can't get picked up by the navy (they could) but actually no high elf want them back in Ulthuan because [insert political intrigue] and the general doesn't want to abandon the half-elves to their doom either.
>>
>>52871167
Kind of goes into either you have enough money (warptokens, which is, loterally, magical and highly addictive cocain to the rats) to pay someone to kill your killers, hire an entire personal army (its not hard, a breeder spews out 200 new soldiers at a time ) to watch your burrow (that has 300 rooms and you never sleep in the same one). It's a paronoia based fear of always being a target, to the point t where it's become a normal cost of living.

Warpspawn, a short story you can easily find a pdf of, follows skryr leader ikit claw, and goes into a bit of the normal skaven life. Is shows that the very very rare times where there is no fear of murder, it's is short and not relaxing.

Skaven have really shit lives. There is honestly no real upside.
>>
>>52871230
Kek, you had short circuit in your incubator
>>
>>52871230
>Grade Guard
>Glave Guard
Don't know, but now that you mention it, both original request and the """"fixed"""" typo are one letter away from both
>>
>>52871279
But do they eat tart?
>>
>>52871328
They only eat fart
>>
has anyone used Mantic werewolves?
I'm thinking of using them as a base for Rat Ogres, but not sure they'll fit
>>
>>52870319
A radical party of Eltharion's elves, with strap-on beards to fool Greenskins into thinking they are stunties
>>
>>52871367
They are pretty great, but what kind of head would you be using ?
>>
>>52871388
I have a whole bunch of GW Rat Ogre heads, new Verminlord heads, as well as heads from mierce's Scar-Scath and Scar-Claw
>>
>>52871346
Due to exposure to badlands and lack of elven women they've started to butt fuck the local animals and sniff farts from each other assholes. Real sad story.
>>
>>52871422
I'll take a pic of my werewolves when I'm back from work if you want, but I think they would fit.
>>
File: stop triggering me.png (25KB, 989x514px) Image search: [Google]
stop triggering me.png
25KB, 989x514px
heres what I whipped up in paint with a touchpad.

you're all welcome.
>>
File: proppa.png (30KB, 989x514px) Image search: [Google]
proppa.png
30KB, 989x514px
>>52871831
You are welcome
>>
>>52868622
Fun lore idea that I just realized - Bretonnian shepherds are often described as being tough as fuck because of all the dangers in good grazing lands. And Repanse de Lyonnesse was described as being a shepherdess before she ended up becoming a hero of Bretonnia.

So it's fun for me to imagine Repanse as not being the maidenly Joan of Arc figure, but as the closest thing to a warrior woman Bretonnia can get, tough as nails and a little wild, and with the maidenly stuff getting added in later.
>>
>>52871979

why are they yellow?

arent orks meant to be green?
>>
File: 1492202917060.jpg (994KB, 1158x825px) Image search: [Google]
1492202917060.jpg
994KB, 1158x825px
>>52870264
Arnheim perhaps? Or one of the remaining colonies. You could even fluff out another one that's fallen, and they're on 'crusade' to 'retake their colony.'
>>
>>52872060
They've inherited the nike factory behavior after being too much in the east
>>
>>52872066

do the elves trade with nippon and cathay?

is there any actual background material for these factions?

were there any plans to release models for them?
>>
>>52872112
>is there any actual background material for these factions?
not officially GW's, but you can google up Mists of Pandaria or Age of Wushu, they are fairly faithful representantions

>were there any plans to release models for them?
thankfully, no
>>
File: 1468402987676.png (274KB, 262x601px) Image search: [Google]
1468402987676.png
274KB, 262x601px
>>52872112
I know that the High Elves guard trade from Cathay especailly, but I'm not sure how much of a personal stake they have in it. I wouldn't be surprised, since they also have trade deals with Marienburg, so it's not like it'd be impossible that they'd want something from someone else, or a market to sell their stuff to.

As for your other questions, I don't know. I'm not as familiar with High Elf lore as with my more preferred factions, so all I can guess is that they're treated like regular High Elves, more or less - defending the world, partially empty cities because low population, citizens all in militias. You might argue they could be spiritual descendants of Sea Elves in some cases.
>>
>>52872066
What are Gates of Calith? Arent Southern Wastes littered with beastmen?
>>
>>52867807
Best post.

>>52867960
Grungni is the new steamshit, Grimnir is the mirrordorfs.

Valaya is WFB. She doesn't exist in AoS, making her the true Dawi god.

>>52868209
To be fair, Dawi had literal Ironclads, airships, and power armor. Khardron or whatever lore has stupid names, but by itself is interesting.

The problem with Khorkron or whatever the fuck is the fucking tophat monocle curled mustache with the fucking chainsword.

Its literally hipster steampunk 40k trash.

The worst part is that about half of it is actually okay. The steamship is a neat Thunderbarge. But the other half, the masthead, the drill, the fucking hipster face Dwarfs, the fucking "cloud mountains" or whatever the fuck, is SHIT. SHIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>52872021
Repouddica
>>
File: IMG_8549.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8549.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>>52872021
>Beastmen march on Bretonnia
>Decide to kill shepherds
>Find swole as fuck ubermensch shepherds herding sheep Beastmen in chains
>Youcametothewrongneighborhoodmotherfucker.png
>>
>>52872696

neigh-baa-hood
>>
>>52872265
disorganized hordes of beastmen eating their own shit aren't that much of a threat to a near impenetrable fortress.

powerful warding spells modt likely keep the majority of them off the vicinity.
>>
>>52872265
Do Beastmen even know how to build boats?
>>
>>52872939
CCCP proved otherwise.
>>
>>52868513
Khorne.ru is saying that access is denied. Is everyone else having the same problem?
>>
>>52873025
Mine's fine.
>>
>>52873025
Whats up with that True Detective on front page?
>>
>>52872969
Beastmen capability is equal to the number of elves, generally known as the Plot Equation.

The only rule is that the result must be less than or equal to the abilities of the other Chaos factions. This is known as the Rule Of Wank.
>>
File: IMG_8577.jpg (418KB, 700x886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8577.jpg
418KB, 700x886px
Thought I'd share this Kev Kickstarter with you lot. Original GW greenskin sculptor making more minis.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/greenskin-wars-the-hobgoblins

I know a lot of you like that Orc Shaman with the staff, so take a look at the Goblin version of him in pic related. They're a bit pricey for whole units, but 5€ each per hero isn't bad.
>>
>>52868513
I love being a lizardmen player. We not only had dank-ass WHFB lore, but our AoS lore isn't half-bad at all, especially compared to everyone else's.

The only downside is that lizardmen adventurers are hard to do, making playing them in the RPG next to impossible.
>>
I wrote a supplement to WFRP2e that lets you create your own regiments Only War style and fight massed battles and junk.
>>
>>52873567
That's a rad idea. I like it.
>>
>>52873711
Thanks, since I finished my AoS
rulebook
I've been going back and finishing all the WFRP stuff I'd been working on.

Next up is my Araby book, adding all the Tomb King careers drained my soul the last time I touched it.
>>
>>52873567
Its great!
>>
>>52872370
those are all me and I agree with everything you say.
>>
There's nothing in the badlands for Elves to fight for, even less in the Dark Lands.

An Expedition stuck in Clar Karond is more logical, could have taken freed human slaves into their ranks and be on the move with Druchii Patrols on their heels. Could add in rag tag Dark Elf armor and weapon pieces, half human bastards born of female human pleasure slaves, man made equipment, worn and torn Asur equipment. Plus the Druchii Navy makes actual naval evacuation almost impossible, while the vast forests of Clar Karond are a nice stage for a high elf warband.
>>
>>52871272

You forgot one thing: skaven are HEAVILY xenophobic, including other skaven not from their clan.

Really, the best thing I can bring up to explain how they do work is that bit in LotR when Frodo and Sam encounter two orcs fighting amongst them: leave them alone and they'll happily kill each other for petty things, but the second they have an enemy in common they'll join up.

So, if you live inside a big skaven city, you don't stab your clansmate, because there are other skaven in there.

You live inside your clan hold and nobody is close? You don't kill other stormvermin, because there are those uppity clanrat that would just love to put a knife in your back.

It's just you stormvermins? You don't stab Claweye because he's slightly smaller than you and you think you can manage him, but you'll maybe stab Ratticus, since he is a bit too tough and tall to fight straight on.
>>
>>52875301
That dude was taking a piss anon.
>>
>>52875417
yeah, and? I actually like the concept. Still a better topic than all the thinly veiled Age of Shit baiting and shitposting.
>>
Can't wait to genocide the wretched skaven in Warhammer 2.

Literally cancer of the warhammer world.
>>
File: 2929278-total.jpg (30KB, 850x429px) Image search: [Google]
2929278-total.jpg
30KB, 850x429px
>>52875545
REMOVE REDDIT RATS
>>
>>52875417

no I wasn't.

>>52875301

thanks for the input.
>>
>>52868622

Massive pile of Skaven from the IoB set to build.
>>
>>52868664

I really liked the T9A starter rules but they should try and add more units to the roster. When I brought this up on the site the development team basically said it wasn't aimed at me and I should play regular 9th Age.

Maybe this should give them an inclination that 8th edition wasn't that great and they should have taken another edition, like 3rd or 6th to be the foundation.
>>
>>52868622
I'm covetously poring over my Carnival of Chaos Mordheim minis. I just wish I still had the right bases for them, I must have lost them at some point. Really want to paint them up but I have so many other projects on the go.
>>
>>52868664

>"it takes actual time and effort to setup and play"

A game being clunky as fuck is not a feature, it is an inherent flaw.
>>
>>52868681
>>52868609

I still can't tell if you mean Glade Guard or Grave Guard?
>>
File: 1493056290036.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1493056290036.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What are you building bros ??
>>
>not even baiting your hook
go back to aos general you dumb faggot
>>
>>52868622

I have this high elf army to strip, base and paint.

Metal oop repeater bolt thrower
Plastic Lord with bow and axe
Plastic Lord mounted with battle standard
20 Dragon Princes
20 Phoenix guard
15 shadow warriors.
Silverhelms x 15
Sky cutter
Sea Guard x 50
Archers x 20.
Bolt Throwers and crew x 2
Frost Phoenix x 1
Tyrion
Teclis
Mages x 3
Spearman x 50
Reavers x 20
White Lions x 20
Korhil
Caradryan
Great Eagles x 2
Hand maidens x 10
Prince Imric.

desu probably bitten off more than I can chew.
>>
File: 1489450316678.jpg (178KB, 254x478px) Image search: [Google]
1489450316678.jpg
178KB, 254x478px
>>52875789

/toy/ is that way ->
>>
>>52875829

That's a pretty good haul, most of that stuff is OOP.

When TW:W2 comes out Teclis and Tyrion will be worth a fortune.
>>
>>52875789

>buying the GW potato peelerâ„¢

its like you don't want to be taken seriously here.
>>
File: 1486441142327.png (112KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
1486441142327.png
112KB, 302x167px
>>52875789

The airships are cool and I will steal them for my dawi but that is about it
>>
>>52875869

they'll all have beards and then be worth nothing :DDDDDD

it cost me 173 bongdollars in total.
>>
>>52875872

Christ I didn't even notice that.

He's the ideal GW customer, buys all their overcosted shit and can't think for themselves.
>>
>>52875901

desu im not one to talk but back in the day there was no or limited internet and they had my goodwill as a customer.
>>
File: dYAYvhV.jpg (83KB, 721x679px) Image search: [Google]
dYAYvhV.jpg
83KB, 721x679px
>>52875562
>>
>>52875821

Fantasy general is just that easy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170413-222705.jpg (494KB, 1369x1855px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170413-222705.jpg
494KB, 1369x1855px
>>52875837
>>52875872
>>52875896

Whfb grognard jealous because that simple squad is more money than the whole thread collectively spent on whfb since 1998
>>
>>52875967

I know but it's literally a lump of metal with a wooden handle. You could go into your kitchen and get one of those.
>>
File: 1488850441444.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488850441444.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>52876027
I buy old warhammer dwarf stuff from my local GW cause they still carry warriors and Ironbreaker/hammerer kits.

So don't assume shit you little upstart beardling faggot.

I also still play 40k
>>
So I've never understood how Dwarves actually fight. Surely their height disadvantage is a crippling disadvantage to anything but skaven and goblins?

I mean I love the look of them and their fluff but... I guess thats why they hide in their mountains fortresses and shoot people a whole bunch?
>>
>>52876075

dont reply just report.
>>
>>52875789
>Official Games Workshop® tools

Lmao, it's a redshirt!
>>
>>52876104

Yeah in real life they'd be pretty easy to kill because they're small and don't really use pole-arms.

Then again they do have black-powder and they're tougher and stronger than a regular human.
>>
>>52876104
If you have ever fought someone shorter than you but just as strong you will know that having leverage under someone is a big deal.

And Dawi are fucking stronk.
>>
>>52876151

With rare exception it's usually better to be taller than shorter because your arms will be longer.

The exception is someone like Mike Tyson who was shortish but could move like Michael J Fox on his honeymoon.

Dwarfs are built like brick-shit-houses though so I doubt that applies to them.
>>
>>52876151

but thats a fist fight.

length of a weapon is key against an army that seems to just rely on axes to cut up people.
>>
>>52876198
>length of a weapon is key

Their weapons are taller than they are dude.

They are pretty much spears but they are strong enough to swing them.
>>
>>52876104
the only thing that I find dumb as fuck is why not use spears? Polerams I can understand that they could be awful for fighting in close formation

They already seem inconsistent with the "weapons must be useful outside war" by using Handguns, cannons and shit
>>
>>52876230

desu I should probably just pay attention to Gimli more when I watch LOTR.

It just seems like they would do pretty poorly in mass ranked battles. Seems like they'd get flanked and ripped apart.

But anywho. I guess thats why they like camping
>>
>>52876342
That is why they have gyros and thunderers on their flanks.

You try a chariot charge white getting shot at with steam cannons and handguns.
>>
>>52876355

come on. missile troops on the flanks get rekt.

gyros I could understand but they'd get contested by whatever counter the race has against flyers.

on a side note does anyone want to buy some nurglings?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Chaos-Nurglings-Lesser-Daemons-of-Nurgle-Citadel-Pro-Painted-Warhammer-Army-/132138298705?hash=item1ec40e6d51:g:LDEAAOSwCU1Y1t7C

holy shit these people disgust me.
>>
>>52876451
I bought a flame cannon for 50 bucks the other day and it was actually a GOOD deal.
People are charging 80+ like fucking assholes.
>>
Has anyone noticed that the AoS crowd seem to be getting more butthurt than usual and baiting this thread?

I can only assume that means we're 'winning'.
>>
>>52876477
>Winning

We all lose.

We lost our game but have a sweet ass setting minus end times trash and they have a game with shite lore and setting.
>>
File: Harry the Hammer.png (3MB, 1043x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Harry the Hammer.png
3MB, 1043x1432px
>>52876476

When you have to remortgage your home to afford a Hellcannon.
>>
File: 1487915093222.gif (144KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1487915093222.gif
144KB, 267x199px
>>52876553
>Dawi Zharr
>>
>>52876477

>crowd

It's one or two people and maybe Slav, that isn't a crowd. In fact it could just be Slav.
>>
>>52876593

Yeah but when you go into the AoS thread it's full of vitriol as well.

Their confidence has turned into deeb goncern.
>>
>>52876593
now that you mention it, it's very likely it's Slav himself

It's what happens when Squats make a comeback
>>
>>52876451
hygeienicporridge is notorious amongst the Oldhammer crowd, along with alexchattaway and a few others, for charging truly ludicrous prices for OOP miniatures. The other day I was looking for some Nightmare Legion to bolster my 3rd Ed Undead Army and there are jokers out there trying to charge £150-200 for a single box (24 minis). Similarly I found some people who think that £60 is a sensible price for some of the horrible 1998 GW Skeleton Warriors - they'd been ruined with enamels and many of them were missing their limbs.

Most of those BiNs stay up for years and years, being relisted every time they fail to sell, until someone with more money than sense finally purchases them and validates the seller's insane greed. Orllyg over on Realm Of Chaos 80s has written a few posts on this issue.

It really sucks for me, as an Oldhammer collector and gamer, but that's what private facebook trading groups are for I guess.
>>
File: Magma Cannon.jpg (28KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Magma Cannon.jpg
28KB, 600x620px
>>52876574

I was thinking of just using one of these and having two spawns chained to the front.
>>
>>52876650
I use Dakka Swap Shop.

I got like 400 dollars of old dawi for 200.
>>
>>52876666
That would be cool man.
>>
>>52876666
>Mentions Chaos spawns
>That post number

Chaos spawns, if properly controlled by Chaos Dorf slave magic, seem like ideal beasts of burden
>>
>>52876342
>desu I should probably just pay attention to Gimli more when I watch LOTR.

Don't, its a fucking travesty what they did to Gimli in that film.
>>
>>52876700
>>52876708

I just hope it will all fit on a 100x50 base.
>>
>>52876650

private fb groups are a godsend. You kinda have to stay alert for scammer, but usually you can see them coming from a mile.

Also, always try to haggle.
>>
>>52876477
Its been half term, pre-pubescent fuckwits gonna take a break from school and troll on net.
>>
>>52876769
I don't even base my war machines.
You prob will have to though.
>>
>>52876625

I haven't seen any vitriol in those threads directed at Fantasy, only at people arguing over a rules interpretation in the new battletome.
>>
Can someone clarify this for me with WFRP2e?

I've gotten into it lately and it's a blast, but we're confused on the Attack secondary characteristic (A). It says when describing it that it "represents the quickness of your character's attacks [sic] how many attacks they can make in 10 seconds."

Then further down when describing actions it states that "a character cannot make more than one attack in his turn."

We don't really understand what they mean by this. There's a statistic that can be upped to let you make multiple attacks in your turn...but you're not allowed to make multiple attacks in your turn?
>>
>>52876794

It's a bit like a steam tank, because it has a chance of charging into the enemy they usually put it on a base to make it easier to allocate hits. Also HC's used to be on 100x150mm bases so I should be alright.
>>
>>52876666
hey sata... slaanesh
>>
File: IMG_2002-1024x768.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2002-1024x768.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
So I have a whole bunch of Empire.

And I really like Battenberg Cake... so does anyone think the City-state of Battenberg would be a viable colour-scheme / background material for a fully fledge Empire army?

I could give out cake to my opponents to bribe them no?
>>
>>52876650

yeah I'm not sure if they know theyre doing it but they inadvertently jack up the price of all the other listings too because people see the price they charge and think charging something similar is okay.

the worst part is they always clog up my search results with shit id never purchase at the price they charge. I wish I could just ban sellers from listing results.
>>
>>52876104
from what I understand, dwarves are dense as fuck, lumps of muscle. I imagine it like a pretty big bowling ball: sure its way smaller then you, but the force of momentum, with no real impact absorption on their end (steel bones, low center of gravity), and mix in the fact that it has expertly crafted armor, its a scary thing to face. Now imagin that bowling ball is wielding an axe in the same motion it does for work day in, day out, for centuries. Its simple and effective, which is what dwarves are about.
>>
>>52875690
A game being oversimplified is not a draw.

D&D doesn't get better when your DM gives you prerolled characters and rolls all the dice.
>>
>>52876027
Fuck you, I spent thousands...on eBay.
>>
>>52877154

thanks for the insight.

also some dorfs for cheap r/n if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/warhammer-dwarf-army-/182536864710?hash=item2a800b83c6:g:F60AAOSwIWVY97CH

If anyone cares I could throw some links for ebay deals I find that people might like?

I mean I wont spam the thread but if theres something worth having in bulk (I just like trawling, I have way too much of my own stuff to start buying again right now) then would you guys be interested?
>>
>>52876139
>>52876198
>>52876250
Marauder Dwarfs used spears and wore a Dwarfy equivalent to Empire and Bret armor, but when Citadel absorbed and destroyed Marauder the Citadel style of axe/hammer Norman Dwarfs won out. So they lost spears.

You can also argue its so Dwarfs can't do multirank fighting in crunch.

>>52876477
They got sick of winning.
>>
>>52877049
I'd go magenta rather than full-on pink. Its close enough and would look better.

But yeah.
>>
Got my first 2500 point game coming up tomorrow and wouldnt mind getting some feedback on my army-list:

Gulthor, the Scourge of the Father:
Sorcerer Lord, Lore of Nurgle, Lvl 4 wiz, MoN, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Talisman of Preservation and the Other Trickster's Shard.

Ansgar, the Captain of the Guard:
Exalted Hero, BSB, MoN, Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin, Halberd, Helm of Many Eyes, Dawnstone.

2x5 Forsaken of Nurgle

24x Warriors of Chaos, MoN, Shields, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Fire.

Chaos Warshrine, MoN.

2x Gorebeast Chariots, MoN.

22x Chosen, MoN, Halberds, Full Command, Standard of Discipline.

5x Chaos Knights, MoN, Ensorcelled Weapons, Full Command.

Total Point Cost: 2500p.

My two characters join the unit of Chosen.

What do you guys think about my set up? What's great, what could be better and what's bad? What would you take instead of x,y and/or z?
>>
File: skaven dinner table.png (168KB, 379x276px) Image search: [Google]
skaven dinner table.png
168KB, 379x276px
Just got a pretty decent haul for my skaven army. May have mentioned it before, the only real problem with them is they are painted like absolute garbage. Some hilariously so. Heres what I got:

>18 night runners
>15 censer bearers
>8 pack masters
>4 globadiers
>8 jezzials ( 3 oop 80s 1 oop 90s 3 resin )
>8 rat ogres
>3 assassins
>1 warlord
>1 chieftan bsb
>1 lord skrolk plauge priest
>1 ikit claw warlock engineer
>1 throt the unclean pack master
>1 warlock engineer
>2 custom kit bashed Hell Pit Abominations
(pretty baisic, but these are just so badly painted and scrubbing them would just melt the green stuff)
>2 doom wheels ( 1 oop )
>plague claw catapult
>1 doomflayer
>2 warpfire throwers
>1 ratling gun
>4 unit fillers
>1 war liter
>80 slaves
>120 clanrats
>50 storm vermin

These following werent even listed, just came with it, was a nice surprise.
>1 Vermin lord
>25 plague monks
>2 warplightning cannons
>deathmaster sniktch
>6th ed screaming bell (thanks anon in other thread helping me identify)
>7 metal sheet movment trays
>box of aton of other bits, had enough for a plague furnace

about 80% were already set up with magnets in the base.
>>
>>52876104
They're strong and tough, and they'll just rush in and start hacking at your legs and lower body. They have better armor than most other races can make, so that helps make up for the disadvantage in reach.

>>52876250
I have some vague guesses, though of course I can't be sure:

Most dwarves serve at least a few years as a miner (it's culturally important to them that they do so), so they'd all know how to swing a pick well, and they might use axes because of that - sort of like how the English encouraged use of the bow, and then simply dragged all those hunters and bowmen off to battle, converting that practical experience into warfare training.

It might be strong cultural values - I know that they seem to think swords are more umgi weapons, and they might see spears the same way. Why jab a metal stick at someone, when you could punch through them with a crossbow bolt from a much farther range? Tying back to the miner idea, maybe it's a point of pride for them to have tools that serve as weapons, or vice versa.

It might also be that at their height, the spear's advantage in reach wouldn't really matter, since most other races would be taller and be able to use larger spears. It's an arm race around length they would lose every time, so they stick with what works best for their size and strength - using axes and getting up close and personal.
>>
>>52877321

What are you up against? Seeying a list without knowing who you're facing is kinda hard.
>>
>>52877501

>4 globadiers

Fuck. They're extremely expensive, ya know?

If you're afraid of scrubbing them, use a very thin white primer.

Apart from that, that's around a whole army. If you want some decent Gutter Runners, pick the bloodbowl team and field it on square bases (it's 20 euros for 12 models)
>>
>>52877568
i actually forgot to add that it came with 10 gutter runners as well.

whole thing cost me $200 (guy just wanted to get rid of them, and since a few of them needed reassembly, he dropped the price a bit and shipped it pretty quicklu)
>>
>>52877321
that looks like an overall solid army, but hard to gauge as >>52877533 mentions
>>
Are we bragging about our purchases?

I got a huge army of Dwarfs, all metal including Kazador, Bugman, 20 Bugman Rangers with full command, the drunk dwarfs set, four character Slayers, I'm guessing from memory about thirtyish metal Warriors, three preslotta GW dwarfs, three Grenadier dwarfs, two incomplete Organ Guns, and most of the first Gryocopter mini that I can use to make a Thunderbarge by kitbashing with a DE Raider. Plus a huge bag of shields. With a carrying case.

For $40.

I'm stripping the paint off now. The Slayers were painted with rainbow beards and mohawks, the Ramgers were just painted in simple colors and orange skin.
>>
File: 1481329387584.png (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481329387584.png
95KB, 500x500px
>>52877663
>The Slayers were painted with rainbow beards and mohawks
>I'm stripping the paint off now
NO!!!!! We want to see them
>>
>>52877321
>>52877533

I'm up against a Dark Elves-players whose army probably will, if the 1500-points games I've previously faced him in are anything to go by, be melee-orientated.
>>
>>52877663
Nice haul dude.

I need a bugman ranger unit. They are retarded in AoS.
>>
>>52877742

It's risky then. If he does melee, it will be a murderfest. If he doesn't, you're screwed.

His ballistas are deadly against chariots, and you're not even packing a dispel scroll.

Remember, he has access to cheap armor penetrating things, so he could realistically whittle down your chosen.

Also care for any unit-slaying spell, like the lore of mental (which he'll probably get.)
>>
>>52877663
>Enough dwarfs to carve a small hold out of a nearby hill.
>Payed 40 buckaroos for it all.
I'm well jell.
>>
>>52877701
It wasn't well done, it was basically dunked in the color with orange skin sloppily slapped over it.

One was metallic blue, one was orange, one bubblegum pink with no painted skin, one purple, one green. One was just white.

They reminded me of troll dolls.

>>52877757
They aren't even in AoS.

>>52877814
Comic shop. Dude just wanted to get rid of them, don't know how he got it but I didn't question it.
>>
>>52877814
I got this for 200 the other day.

5 "Champions"
10 Engineers (these might be some weapon crew or runepriests)
13 Standard Bearers
10 Musicians
22 Slayers
37 Hand Weapons and Shield
29 Great Weapons
23 2-Handed Pick
53 Rifles
9 Crossbows
11 Weapon Crew
3 Cannons
1 Organ Gun
1 Catapult
2 Other-One guy is a captive I think, the other is an engineer with some kind of gun.
49 armless dawi and I have all the bits from my old sprues to make what I want.
>>
File: bugmaninAoS.png (24KB, 2338x69px) Image search: [Google]
bugmaninAoS.png
24KB, 2338x69px
>>52877894
>They aren't even in AoS.
Yeah they are.
>>
>>52877954
Huh. Was he added after the Compendium? I don't remember seeing him when I was giving it a shot after it first dropped.
>>
>>52878006
I believe so.

It is quite nasty.

If you have a runelord in range you can give that -1 rend.

I wish you could have GW rangers cause it gives all the units weapons -1.
>>
>>52877792
Appreciate the feedback!

What changes to my list would you recommend?

I've thought about including a dispel scroll but that would mean that I'd either have to drop the Other Trickster's Shard or get myself a scroll caddy. The second option could actually be quite useful as it would allow me access to a couple of spells from the Lore of Death. Giving him a mount and having him tag along my knighst seems like the prudent thing to do if I get myself a second wiz. The only downside is that would mean that I'd have to do some rearranging of my set up. Perhaps it would be worthwile to sacrifice one row of Chosen in favour of a Mounted Sorc with Lore of Death?
>>
>>52878037
You know Rangers are just the Quarrelers kit, right? That's why they come with shields and weapons. Some of the shields even have the Bugman's B on it.

Not sure why a Runelord affects them though. Is that based on lore or just a balance mechanic?
>>
>>52876858
Check out the 'Swift Attack' action in the Actions section.
Basically, if you have multiple attacks you can make a Swift Attack as a full-round action and attack that many times.
>>
>>52878105
Yeah I got them.

I just like the old metal ones.

And I need bugman.

The runelord can "pray" and give the unit -1 rend.

It is a buff they can give to any unit in range.
>>
>>52878076

I'd drop one chariot or one unit of knights.

Chaos knight are too expensive to use as redirectors or warmachine hunters, and they're too few as 5 to do any real damage. One unit is fine, but multiple are kinda a point sink

The Other Trickster shard MIGHT be useful, but srsly, it's an elven lord, you'll shred him.

Remember, he might have sdomething nasty for ther challenges, so be sure the first challenge you isse is from the unit's champion. That way he either accepts with his lord (and you're free to fuck up his unit), refuses (same result but you win by even more) or uses his champion to accpt (and you can pummel down his lord with the chosen's attacks.
>>
>>52878136
Check out blue stuff copying, some people have gotten that to work out well. Buying one $10 Bugman Ranger and some resin is a lot better than trying to get 20 of them.
>>
>>52878136
Well, GW is supposed to do an "Order" Made To Order soon.

Fingers crossed? Bugman, the Goblin Hewer, and the Gob Lobber are what I'd put money on. At least one Dwarf thing.
>>
>>52877321

>>52878196

Taking your suggestion in regard I've changed my list to the following:

Sorcerer Lord, Lore of Nurgle, Lvl 4 wiz, MoN, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Talisman of Preservation and the Other Trickster's Shard.

Exalted Hero, BSB, MoN, Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin, Halberd, Helm of Many Eyes, Dawnstone.

Sorcerer, Lore of Death, Lvl 1 wiz, MoN, Charmed Shield, Dispel Scroll, Barded Chaos Steed.

2x5 Forsaken

24x Warriors of Chaos, MoN, Shields, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Fire.

Chaos Warshrine, MoN.

Gorebeast Chariot, MoN.

22x Chosen, MoN, Halberds, Full Command, Standard of Discipline.

5x Chaos Knights, MoN, Ensorcelled Weapons, Full Command.

Total Point Cost: 2496p.

I've sacrificed the marks on my Forsaken and one Gorebeast Chariot of Nurgle for the Scroll Caddy which will join the unit of Chaos Knights on one of my flanks.

Are there any other changes you guys would like to see?
>>
>>52878653
Missed that I'd also removed the mark on my Warshrine.
>>
>>
>>52877049

Pink and yellow would look fine, as pink did not have the effeminate connotations it has today in the early modern period.

But to play it safe, red and yellow is an established scheme for Talabecland.
>>
>>52877321

I know I say this every time but I would drop a few Chosen for more Warriors.

ie, 12 Chosen and 2 x 18 Warriors would be my preferred option. Chosen are so expensive and having the 3rd rank is a bit pointless.
>>
>>52877501

How much did all that set you back? That must be at least 4000ish points in new money.

Only think you're missing is Stormvermin.
>>
>>52870753
>Even their eyebrows are extremeli thin and in some cases completely absent

>Elven eyebrows are symbol of masculinity, strength an virility
>>
>>52879685
That actually seems rather appealing.
I suppose it would be most prudent of me to use such a small Chosen-unit as flankers for my larger Warrior-units?
However, wouldn't the small unit of Chosen struggle to have any significance on the table? With that low body-count they would risk losing their support attacks awefully fast.
How have your experience with such a set up been?
>>
>>52873567
Have you posted this to the Strike to Stun forums, hamstray?
>>
>>52879685
>>52880001

Played around with a new list based on your suggestion and came up with the following:

Sorcerer Lord, Lore of Nurgle, lvl 4 wiz, MoN, Unholy Strike, Enchanted Shield, Shield of Striking, Talisman of Preservation, the Other Trickster's Shard.

Sorcerer, Lore of Death, Lvl 2 wiz, MoN, Charmed Shield, Dispel Scroll.

5x Chaos Warhounds.

2x5 Forsaken, MoN.

18x Warriors of Chaos, MoN, Full Command, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame.

18x Warriors of Chaos, MoN, Full Command, Halberds, Banner of Discipline.

Chaos Warshrine, MoN.

2x Gorebeast Chariots, MoN.

12x Chosen, MoN, Full Command, Halberds.

What do you think?
>>
>>52880361
*Sword of Striking.
>>
File: typical skaven tech.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
typical skaven tech.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52879729
posted price here >>52877636

it came with 50 storm vermin, but those are easily subbed (there are alot of clan rat models that have very similar armor/weapons if Im running big blocks). All in allm shipping and every thing for $221 that I can just jump in and play (hiding the shame of having some of these paint jobs being the equivilent of modern art), I think its a fair deal. I generally play 2000 point games, so its a surplus for me in alot of aspects. Cant wait to try some bigger games and new units.

Any skaven players us other races for slaves? Or do you strictly go for pinkies? Alot of lore says human slaves dont last long enough in the pits to see battle, but I think it would be great to see the life is cheap rule blowing up some unfortunates.
>>
>>52880001
>>52880361

To be honest I never really take them, I think they're a bit too expensive and in my experience warriors are usually enough to kill most things.

Even as a 12 though they should be able to dice their way through a large amount of stuff like a Hydra.

Slim units will also benefit you if he takes bolt throwers.
>>
>>52879615

it would be pink and white quartered. with a yellow trim or spot colour on feathers and the like. Thanks for that nugget of info though
>>
File: HereticsEverywhereHatted.png (143KB, 325x370px) Image search: [Google]
HereticsEverywhereHatted.png
143KB, 325x370px
Hey folks!
I'm messing around with my brand new VC army; only really having a few of the none-core options and I put together a stricktly for fun list.

Now, in my inexperience I think this actually has some chance of winning, but what do you think /whfb/?

++ Standard [2000pts] ++

+ Lords +

Vampire Lord [500pts]: Lore of the Vampires, Master of the Black Arts, Wizard Level 4
. Magic Items: BRB - Book of Ashur, BRB - Talisman of Endurance

+ Heroes +

Necromancer [125pts]: Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 2
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll

Vampire [200pts]: Lore of Shadow, Red Fury, Wizard Level 1
. Magic Items: BRB - Talisman of Preservation

Vampire [175pts]: Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 2
. Dread Knight
. Forbidden Lore: Beasts

+ Core +

Crypt Ghouls [200pts]: 20x Crypt Ghoul

Skeleton Warriors [120pts]: Champion, 20x Skeleton Warrior, Standard Bearer

Zombies [90pts]: 30x Zombie

Zombies [90pts]: 30x Zombie

+ Special +

Black Knights [240pts]: Standard Bearer
. 10x Black Knight: 10x Lances

Corpse Cart [120pts]: Unholy Lodestone

Grave Guard [140pts]: Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
. 10x Grave Guard: 10x Shield

++ Total: [2000pts] ++
>>
>>52878133
Thank you!
>>
File: Bretonnian_Pegasus.png (246KB, 305x439px) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnian_Pegasus.png
246KB, 305x439px
While people are asking tabletop questions, I want to know - is a Bretonnian Lord on a pegasus viable? I inherited my army from an older player, and there's a single pegasus I assume was meant for a Lord character. Would it be better to try and track down some other pegasi and just make a squad of Pegasus Knights?
>>
File: 1488335572946.png (892KB, 708x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1488335572946.png
892KB, 708x1165px
>>52880975

I like the list but I would do three things.

1. I think you have a bit too much invested in heroes, I would gear each Vampire to one role, ether casting or melee. So I would make them all level 1 with the exception of your Lord. I'm also not too sure how useful the Necromancer will be.

2. In core, I would either drop the ghouls and go to 50 skeletons or drop the skeletons and go to 30 ghouls. You can summon more zombies (a lot more, considering you have 4 wizards) so they're fine.

3. Those Grave guard are pretty much a waste of points, they're considered elite only in the context of the rest of your troops... which is to say they're not very. I would either drop them or take them to 30.

With all this in mind I would drop the GG, add 4 more black knights and give one of your vampires a nightmare steed and use them to get him into combat.

Any points spare I would give your vampires some better equipment, they need some points spending to make the most of their skill (with the exception of the level 4).
>>
>>52880316
Nope, isn't it dead?
>>
>>52881811
There's still a core of commenters that will reply to new threads.

The WFRP community is remarkably resilient like that.
>>
>>52873289

I'm so torn by the Kev Adams kickstarters. The goblins just seem to be missing... something.

They don't trigger that instant nostalgia that the old marauder/GW goblins do.

The Trolls however look fucking fantastic reminiscent of the old Michael Perry Stone Trolls but even better.
>>
>>52873567

This sounds really fun. I'm not really one for combat focused WFRP but I could certainly see both ends of the scale of being a regiment for hire resulting in a lot of fun.

Starting out as a less than famous unit just being hired for odd jobs by wealthy nobles and merchants up to actually needing to use your battle ideas.

Now how to make rip off underfunded birdmen of catrazza.
>>
>>52882360
I like the artillery. Those look right in place with the first stuff.

I'm a Kev fan. I'm waiting to build my army up using his stuff as it comes out, I'm just not doing it fast because it is pricey.
>>
best/favorite army builder? Is battle scribe worth the $2.99 supporter thing?
>>
>>52882941
Scribe is good, but is only as good as the people making the data which is done by third parties.

BS Mobile T9A was busted for some factions for about a month for example.

But overall, yeah.
>>
>>52881805
I thank you for the constructive critizism.
I have NO clue what I'm doing but less footsloggers and more horses sounds like a good change.

The reason I only fielded 20 ghouls is the lack of actual models; but I could always proxy more.

The graveguard is the only tanky "get into melee eventually" group I had so i thought it would be neat to get the two vampires into melee, but on your remark, horses would do the job better.

The necromancer's only job was basically to hold a dispell scroll and be backup for when the Lord eventually gets sniped in the rear.

The two vampires are simply to have a blendy-ish hero that can deal with melee and a Beast-test to see if the 1/3 chance of getting the Chimera/hydra transformation that have 4d6 attacks with Red Fury.

But dropping the GG, adding more BK and simply stick both knights there sounds pretty reasonable.

Again; thank you very much. I really appriciate it. Please don't hesitate if you have more reasonable tips.
>>
>>52883742

Yeah I don't blame you for not having 30 ghouls I think the models look horrible.

To be honest Vamps are very expensive, so a more standard set up would be the '2 vamps' list which has a L4 Necro in the back in some zombies, a L1 Vamp Lord fitted to blender and another Vamp Hero as the mini blender. Vamp Lord would go on horseback and mini-me would slog it with the skeletons or ghouls.
>>
>>52868513
Just introduced the missus to WHFB and she really likes the Tomb Kings.

Help.
>>
>>52885867
You are fucked because that is gonna cost a fucking arm and a leg.
>>
>>52885881
I shouldn't known this would happen, mang.

One of her favorite movies is The Mummy.
>>
>>52885931
should've*
>>
>>52885867
Literally in the OP is the replacement range. TMS Undying Dynasties.
>>
>>52868513
For the Fantasy Roleplay, what books do I need to start? Second Edition preferred.
>>
>>52870753
where is your source on that?
i hope it's not your ass.
>>
>>52885867
mantic makes excellent tomb kings
>>
ded thread
>>
what armies would a male feminist play ?
>>
>>52888332
they'd try to get female representation in the Bretonnian feudal systems that doesn't require the innate slavery and servitude required by the fay ladies
>>
>>52885867
introduce her to the joys of conversions

acquire sphinxs from recasters
>>
>>52888332
Slaanesh played unironically.
>>
>sylvannia has clearly defined borders and centralized populations
>so does mousillion
>Bretonnia and empire can unite to BTFO Araby empire but not to cleanse their own homelands are far worse threats

Why is this? Hundreds of thousands of knights working together could pretty easily cleanse the woods of beastmen and goblins or rid their lands from most of the undead. Even if the 2 nations didn't unite they each have more than enough knights to spare for such a crusade, and that's not even including the other troops that would inevitably be a part of it too. Why is it that they could BTFO Araby but never any of the threats in their own lands?
>>
>>52888547
Ummm... horsies lose a lot of points in the woods!!
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (82KB, 708x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.jpg
82KB, 708x598px
>>52888547
Forgot pic. On a related note, if the empire back in its time of strife could field hundreds of thousands of knights, their armies of regular common born soldiers must be fucking huge
>>
File: _20170425_111937.jpg (99KB, 720x796px) Image search: [Google]
_20170425_111937.jpg
99KB, 720x796px
>>52876230
Indeed the weapons they use are bigger than them sometimes, but in my opinion it gives the "Its this big and ill bash you with it like its nothing" feel to the dwarves (in a good way that is)
>>
>>52888547
Sylvania and Mousillon are pretty much lost causes, attrition the lurking horrors, the dead rarely staying dead and the tendency of Vampires to come back are enough reasons not to purge those places

And at least for Sylvania, there's quite some vampires hidden amongst the Empire nobles, who would plot against it
>>
>>52875316
xenophoby is a good point
i forget that they are half-animals, and so pack mentality is a given, backstabbing or no backstabbing

>>52875545
I in fact lost all will to play TWWH waiting for TWWH2, because no faction holds appeal to me if Skaven are coming
too bad my multiplayer buddy wants to play Skaven too. hope we'll be able to coop with same faction, but different lords.
>>
File: vampire coast.jpg (115KB, 648x479px) Image search: [Google]
vampire coast.jpg
115KB, 648x479px
>>
>>52876027
>>52876075
>>52877196
wait are you guys implying spending MORE is somehow better than spending LESS?
>>
>>52886549
D&D 5th Edition PHB and DMG, and wait for Dragonlance, Ravenloft Dark Sun supplement. then just rename stuff.
>>
>>52888567
so Empire is USA?
and what use has Empire got for oil? it's technology ain't developed enough
>>
>>52877049
Love it, anon
Pls do it and post results
>>
>>52888547
Sylvania and Moussillon have both been subjugated and cleasend more than once but the darkness lurks.
>>
>>52888547
>US can invade countries and bitchslap most miliataries in the world
>still has clearly defined ghettoes where police doesn't go and crime runs rampant
>still has rather obvious hillbilly regions where people inbreed, brew moonshine, hardly got paperwork for ALL of their gun

apparently external problems are easier to solve than internal
>>
>>52888547
you can run the necromancers and vampires out of moussilon a hundred times and they'll still be attracted towards it.

You think Araby is still controlled by the crusaders? No, it is ruled by another Jaffar. And if you run that one out there's another Jaffar to take his place.

If you don't understand that much, stop complaining that things make no sense when you simply can't comprehend them.
>>
are there even vampires in mouselion, or it's just Bret propaganda? basically like few hundred years ago a lot of problems were blamed on evil satanic jews trying to take over the world and undermine everything christians have built, so Brets who are illiterate, live in shit, have stone age tech compared to Empire, etcetera, etcetera, blame everything on some mythical vampires
>>
>>52889039
Say that to Red Duke.
>>
>>52880975

If you're going to have a level 4 dedicated to casting, get a necromancer lord.

Vampire's stat are for combat, and with only a 4+ magic save you don't want him anywere near the fray.

Those core units are too small. Either get big zombies or big skeleton warriors.

Grave guards are far too small too, just 10 of them won't do much, and they're vulnerable to heavy shooting.

Don't just assume that since you're VC casualities don't matter, one bad magic phase and your army could suffer severe losses
>>
>Winds of Magic are attracted to their respective symbols and objects in the world
>Warhammer world is overfilled with skulls, skulls, covered in smaller skulls, and skulls made of skulls
>half the symbols and coats-of-arms have skulls on them
>statues have skulls
>Lore of Death is not somehow THE most dominant lore of magic ever

why?

>>52889046
he's probably just some degenerate noble, like Giles de Rais was.
has he ever DONE anything? Vlad almost conquered Empire. so did Mannfred. they were unmistakenly real vampires. Red Duke is just a boogeyman
>>
>>52882528
Thanks, I loved how it worked in Only War, so porting the system and making it fit into WFRP has been a fun challenge. Regiments used to be just a series of characteristic modifiers that went on top of the member characters, but in this version it creates a custom career for you, which I feel fits much better.

>Now how to make rip off underfunded birdmen of catrazza.
Write your own rules for a flying machine, make it the favoured item of your regiment, choose a regiment type with access to ranged weapons. Boom, done.
>>
>>52888851

thanks! I have about 400 state troops to do so I'll let you know how it goes...
>>
>>52888332
WoC Khorne or Orcs.
>>
>>52888841

Steam tanks don't actually run on steam.

Griffons are just a code-name for F-22's
>>
>>52882528
If you don't mine me asking, what do you do in your less combat-focused campaigns? That sounds like a really cool idea, but my stuff always gravitates back to combat.
>>
>>52880546
Ah allright. I think I will try the small unit of Chosen and two Warrior units approach for the coming battle. If bothing else it will give me more pieces to move around and more potential Daemon Princes.
>>
>>52889196
*nothing

I ain't bothin' around son!
>>
>>52889129
not Mannfred, but Konrad. There are real vamps in Moussilon, but not Carsteins, they are Blood Dragons who largely reject personal holdings.

There are certainly many witches and Necromancers attracted to Moussillon

Much like some Sylvanian nobles had practiced Necromancy long before Vlad ever showed up.
>>
>>52881971
Wow, guess I'll have to keep an eye on it in future then. It's always been my assumption that nobody plays this game anymore.

Thanks, will post it now.
>>
any of the army-specific websites/forums still survive?
>>
>>52888547
How do you cleanse warpstone tainted soil and buildings?

Answers on a postcard
>>
>>52889515
tell skaven there's warpstone
wait for them to pick every last grain of it and ship it off
kill all the remaining skaven

easy
>>
Still looking for two more players for an online Bretonnia-themed WFRP 2e game. It'll be text-based, probably over Roll20 but I haven't decided yet.The plot concerns an Errantry War being called to murder Skaven in Estalia, Reconquista-style.

Skype is SkeltalPrime.
>>
>>52889591
Congratulations, you now have an army of mutated ratmen with magic powers at your door and a province strip mine and ruined
>>
>>52889187

Investigation and exploring mostly.

Maybe it was just the way our group thought but we would spend forever trying to test unusual things we found that we didn't understand, often in both serious and comical ways.

Once we spent like 4 hours trying to communicate with a strange creature we stumbled across and managed to restrain which we believed was intelligent.

Running through different languages, giving up and starting over trying to use gestures and simple drawings trying to find some common starting point.

Solving problems that didn't have a direct living opponent was another fairly big factor. Though even when there were obvious "enemies to fight" we tried non-combat solutions or indirect combat (traps and stuff) to limit it.
>>
>>52889782
but warpstone removed. mission accomplished. after that - flood.
>>
>>52877049
>marzipan

no fucking thanks
>>
glance at your army
the first model your sight falls on is you in WHFB universe
how fucked are you?
>>
>>52873567
>>52873567
>>52873567

I fucking love you Anon, I bashed my head on the wall for WEEKS trying to come out with a mass combat system for wfrp that converted WFB spirit and now you give me this.

I seriously hope you drown in pussy. Thank you!
>>
>>52890284
That means a lot, thanks. If you find the rules too complicated or hard to follow, I'd recommend trying out the simple massed combat version in the section after. I want to clean up the larger massed combat rules at some point, since it's basically a wargame in itself.

A quick amendment for morale with the simple rules though, I didn't account for for token scale when I wrote it, so rather than saying "If the result is lower than the total number of tokens in the unit, they retreat", it should say "If the result is lower than the left-most digit of the remaining tokens in the unit, they retreat". That way Battles between units with more than 10 tokens actually have a chance of ending with retreat.
>>
So it's Alcadizzar's fault that the whole of Nekhara was turned into a blasted wasteland and all of the souls of the dead were bound into their bodies forever.

If he had just pushed on to Nagashizzar after defeating Nagash's army he could have saved the entire country - the seer even told him that, and all he had to do was make one final sacrifice. Instead he destroyed everything he had ever built, got his family and everyone else killed horribly by plague, then was used by Nagash to raise the Nekharan dead AND used by the Skaven to ensure they had control over the warpstone supplies.

Anyone else read the Nagash trilogy? Thoughts and opinions?
>>
>>52890068
>Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle.
Shit's gonna be pretty good untill it won't be but then I will be far to gone into the embrace of my loving father to even realise it. I also have awesome daemonhood or the cozy existance of a spawn to look forward to.

Shit could be alot worse.
>>
>>52890702
I don't put much value into Novels. They are usually written to make someone look good/better.
>>
>>52888808
underrated post
>>
File: 1472181483302.png (6MB, 2342x3010px) Image search: [Google]
1472181483302.png
6MB, 2342x3010px
>>52888547
There have been plenty of cleansings of Mousilion, and wars against Sylvania, at least militarily. But Bretonnia and the Empire don't have the knowledge to cleanse their respective tainted lands of what's tainting them - or in the case of Mousilion, they aren't even sure what's wrong with it. So even if they were to kill everything, eventually vampires would scrabble back to it and corpses would start rising up again - and it would cost far more to hold it by military force, try to figure out a cure, and then use it, especially when both countries are regularly threatened from the outside, than to just deal with whatever threat comes from there when it comes.

Araby they only had to defeat once, and once their centralized power was shattered they went right back to being good trading partners. And the crusade was brought about for an honorable cause - defending Estalia from Arabyan aggression.

Why do you keep asking variations on the same question?
>>
>>52889290
All.
>>
>>52890068
>Neferata

So am I her now, or am I just a Bloodline founder?
>>
>>52892037
and none crossed fully into AoS?
>>
>>52890462
Please let me know if you have any website or where ever else I can find or credit your work. If I manage to get around what i wanted to build as mass combat for me and my table I'm going to use your work as a pillar, and you deserve all the credit you can get.
>>
>>52892165
You're too kind. I've been working on a simple website to put my RP work and programming and such, but I keep putting it off sadly.

At the moment all I've got is a personal subreddit I never advertise and the dropbox/MEGA links I stick on all my stuff. When the website is done I'll make a post about it on Strike to Stun and on the subreddit, with an RSS feed for updates and such. There's a lot more RP books I want to write, and the complex massed combat rules will require more than two updates to be perfect.

Good luck with the campaign.
>>
>>52892142
Not really, no.

Some have AoS sections but they are pretty sparse for the most part.
>>
>>52892330
good
>>
>>52888810
Spending more means your game wont get squatted
>>
File: bogenhafen map big.jpg (5MB, 7000x4863px) Image search: [Google]
bogenhafen map big.jpg
5MB, 7000x4863px
>>52892327
>You're too kind
Maybe, but I believe that credit is the only real form of currency in a field like this, where you can/would not sell your work for money and only work for the glory of it. Never used reddit before, so I probably will look for your updates over at STS.

>There's a lot more RP books I want to write, and the complex massed combat rules will require more than two updates to be perfect

I know that feel. At my table we're playing wfrp, basing it on the 1st edition and retrofitting a lot from the 2nd to work in there, so I houseruled about 200 pages worth of new content to fill in holes and rationalize decade-old fan material. Worst part of it is that it's all in Italian so it's not that shareable.
If I get disgustingly rich and full of spare time, or mad, I can think of translating it all to English. But until that...

Good luck with your campaign too, and with everything else. Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>52873567
Kalevala just wrote about your stuff.

http://www.kalevalahammer.com/2017/04/regiments-of-renown-regiment-creation.html
>>
File: Verminlord.jpg (21KB, 236x352px) Image search: [Google]
Verminlord.jpg
21KB, 236x352px
I really hope we'll get Verrminlords in TWW 2. The design is just so unsettling and creepy,
>>
>>52893549
That is endtimes.

So I don't think so.
>>
>>52893589
So? Have we gotten any End Times units before?
>>
>>52893615
Nope.

If we did we would have a fire Ungrim and a Swigmar Franz.
>>
>>52893589
Verminlords themselves aren't an End Times thing though.
>>
>>52893615
>>52893634

ET is Verminlords, Morghasts, Morarchs, Blightkings, Glottkin, the Pox Maggots, and the uh...fuck looking it up, they're Dreadnaught rats.

Of those, I can see Arkhan and MAYBE Neferata coming out. They might make a single Nurgle thing too when Daemons come out.
>>
>>52893771
Having different kinds is, and GW likely won't allow them to put in the old version unless its a mercenary.
>>
File: Verminlord[1].png (262KB, 265x444px) Image search: [Google]
Verminlord[1].png
262KB, 265x444px
>>52893589
Verminlords have been around for a long time, and have little to do with End Times as such. Having a Skaven Army without access to Verminlords would almost be odd - they definitely should feature as some elite or even hero choice.

Preferably based on the older concepts such as the one posted, and not the awful, awful End Times model.
>>
File: skaven verminlord.jpg (188KB, 570x851px) Image search: [Google]
skaven verminlord.jpg
188KB, 570x851px
>>52893549
Tired of seeing that low-res version. Here you go.
>>
>>52894553
Are they not daemon versions in endtimes?

I thought that is what he meant.
>>
File: Verminlordz.png (583KB, 308x752px) Image search: [Google]
Verminlordz.png
583KB, 308x752px
>>52894683
I honestly have no idea what kind of retarded shit it is in the End Times/Age of Sigmar setting, and I can't say that I care overly much.

When I say that I'd like to see Verminlords in Warhammer Total War, I'm only talking about the Warhammer Fantasy Verminlords. I'm not sure why that'd be a problem or why someone wouldn't want them.

Variations of the End Times model could also work, as long as it's not the supremely silly shit the size of a small mountain. The fundamental design ideas aren't completely awful (picture related), but the execution was. Over-designed and with no regard for the tone of the Skaven.
>>
>>52894683
The end times just turned the Verminlord into four different variants (with models and different rules)
>>
>>52894860
I think they were the great horned rats versions of great unclean ones and stuff like that in endtimes?

I don't know enough about skaven sorryl.

t. dawifag
>>
>>52895011
Verminlords have always been effectively Greater Daemons of the Horned Rat.
>>
>>52885867

> Not Dwarfs.

Divorce.
>>
>>52888332

Age of Sigmar is more your game.
>>
>>52888547

Christ not this again.

Stop assuming Bretonnia and the Empire are best buds, they really aren't.
>>
>>52889039

> A few hundred years ago.

/pol/ still does that.
>>
File: 82.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
82.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>>52889153

> 400...

> FOUR HUNDRED

I thought I had it bad with 90.
>>
>>52889046
The Red Duke is not from Mousillon, he's from Aquitane and lately from the forest of Chalons.

>>52889129
>has he ever DONE anything?

Read Circle of Blood.
>>
>>52894553
>Having a Skaven Army without access to Verminlords would almost be odd
like all Skaven Armies up to 8th edition? Verminlord were absolutely unnecessary, they were just a prelude to the end times skaven wank, and don't fill any role besides giving the Skaven their own Daemonprince/Greater Daemon unit.

I sincerely hope there aren't any Verminlords since they completely work contrary to the skaven as an idea.
>b-but muh awesome huge rats monsters who are totally badass!
go back to AoS general, but don't encourage the shitting up of a well rounded faction with unnecessary superheavies.
>>
>>52895848
Monster hammer was the fucking worst.
>>
>>52895848

How is a Verminlord contrary to Skaven?

They already have rat ogres?

I hope they put them in since they are pretty shit in the table-top so you hardly ever see them.
>>
>>52895415
Girls play rats, skellies, Dork Alf, and sometimes lizzies.
>>
9th edition when? age of sigmar is so fucking stupid
>>
File: IMG_8672.jpg (17KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8672.jpg
17KB, 221x228px
>>52895848
Verminlords date back to 6e, dumbass.
>>
Do you dumb cucks still cling to whfb???
>>
>>52896756

Once the Lord of the Rings licence runs out.
>>
>>52896772
what do you mean? I came from Total War
>>
>>52896756
Probably never, unless GW realizes they can sell both at once without actually spending any more money since its the same models.

But that requires business sense. So yeah, never.
>>
>>52896765

The fat one FW used to make was probably the best rendition this guy ever had.
>>
>>52896787
I hope they go back to making history games instead of giving whfb cucks false hope lmao
>>
>>52896833

> This butthurt that AoS manletts don't even have a game on the App store while Fantasy and 40K master race have multiple AAA titles in the pipeline.

Try not to be too jelly.

On a related note, the 9th Age lawyers have said that GW is actively enforcing the Fantasy IP again.
>>
>>52885867
I guess you're boned
>>
>>52896894
>multiple AAA titles
WHERE YOU FUCKING KEK HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52896917

TW: Warhammer 2 and 3.

Vermintide 2.

New hack and slash game.
>>
>>52896894
Do not reply. Just report.

Also, let Tony Ackland know he should threaten to sue them over their Daemons again.
>>
>>52896946

I'm just having a kek since the threads about to die.

He could still to be honest since Age of Smeg uses the same models.
>>
Don't forget GW is putting Bretonnia in the resurrected Blood Bowl, not Sigmarines.

That means Brets will sell better and they know it.
>>
File: 1448044613570.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448044613570.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>52896940
>TOTAL REHASH
>L4D NO ONE FUCKING PLAYS
>NEW HACK AND SLASH MADE BY LITERAL WHO DEVS WHO ONLY SHAT OUT SHOVELWARE

MOTHERFUCKING AAA TITLES RIGHT THERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>52896998

Yeah Vermintide is more a AA but I loved it and it got some all caps responses.
>>
EPIC FUCKING REVIVAL GUYS HOLY FUCKING KEK
>>
>>52896940
Plus all those dank Bannerlord mods that will inevitably steal TW:WH assets.
>>
>>52894169
I like the glottkin, not a fan of putrid blightkings or the new undead bits
What's the difference between the pox maggot riders and the maggoths or whatever?
>>
When will your shit setting fucking die for good?
>>
>>52897058
Pox Maggots were the collectuve name of all named characters riding Maggoths.

Like how the Mortarchs are three named characters on Dread Abyssals.
>>
>>52897058

If they had a brain they should have made Glottkin look more like the GUO and then sold him as that after the campaign but he comes with a 'free' Nurgle sorcerer and lord.
>>
File: cat1993p517-01[1].jpg (40KB, 605x900px) Image search: [Google]
cat1993p517-01[1].jpg
40KB, 605x900px
>>52896765
>6e
Yeah, if you mean almost a decade before.
Here's the 1993 catalogue. I don't know why people are making the argument that Verminlords are an End Times thing. They're probably older than some of the people posting in this thread.
>>
>>52897113
When your setting becomes good.

So never.
>>
>>52897025
?
>>
File: 75.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
75.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>52897142
>>
>>52897113
Literally never.

WFRP will keep it alive, like RIFTS.

RPGs outlive the IP.
>>
>>52896765
Thanks for posting that, I was thinking the same thing, because that was actually one of my favourite models when I was younger, and I was just thinking to myself that no fucking way was Verminlords introduced in 8th Edition/End Times or somehow unique to the End Times/Age of Sigmar setting.

>>52896772
That's, like, the opposite of cuck. I'd rather be a goyim grognard than a shill, cuck, or cumguzzling rape-slave.
>>
>>52897125
Actually Glottkin survived into AoS.

If they were smart they would have made a similar kit for each Chaos God to feed a sense of tribalism and spawn a mematic fanbase for those characters.
>>
>>52897169
>a shill, cuck, or cumguzzling rape-slave.
but that's what you are for clinging on a dead setting and shilling total war
>>
why are age of shitmar babies so desperate?
>>
>>52897113
I don't see anything that's actually competing with WFRP2 so far, especially since Zweihander was a pretty huge let-down, discarding everything that was good about WFRP2, fixing none of the issues, and then introducing mechanics that are widely recognized as awful (a fucking alignment track, I swear, what the fuck?).

So yeah, never. I'm more likely to homebrew an entire system and just start porting fluff like mad and then distribute it illegally than I am to actually adopt some other shitty setting.
>>
>>52897207
>desperate
>whfb clings on fucking video games

fuck off to >>>/v/
>>
>>52897207

Because it hasn't made the gains they thought it would and the writing is on the wall.

GW are going to scrap all their fantasy range and then we'll all be in the same boat.

They think if they get kill us off we'll help bolster the ranks.

Sad really but being discontinued is better in the long run, less autism.
>>
>>52897188
I would be interested to see the glottkin show up in 40k actually, it's a neat concept
>>
>>52897207
Because their setting is trash and the game is mediocre so they lash out at us for not liking it.
>>
>>52897255
>>52897236
why doesnt age of shitmar have its own thread??
>>
File: The Empire (7ed)-21.png (242KB, 288x321px) Image search: [Google]
The Empire (7ed)-21.png
242KB, 288x321px
>>52897207
It's probably not even an AoS fan, just someone wanting to stir up shit in the least subtle way possible.
>>
New Threadaroni up in the Macaroni.

Year of the Rat Edition:
>>52897310
>>52897310
>>52897310
>>52897310
>>52897310
>>
>>52897201
I'm not shilling Total War. I'm a Warhammer Fantasy fan, and it's hardly my fault that the Total War game happens to be extremely popular.

The only ones shilling shit are Age of Smegmar fangirls that just cannot stop sucking the cock of GW.
>>
>>52897276

Well since it's shit and nobody likes the lore they are only united in hating us.

I sometimes go there and most of them are playing in the old world with AoS rules.
>>
>>52895848
Verminlords were in the 4th edition armybook, which was also used during the 5th edition. They also had rules in Citadel Journal in the 6th edition. In the 7th edition they were in the armybook again.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.