[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 50

File: naganotzomboni.jpg (44KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
naganotzomboni.jpg
44KB, 223x311px
"If in doubt, whip it out" Edition

Previously on /edh/: >>52847861

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
When you're not sure what you want to play, what's your go-to deck of choice?
>>
>>52865545
>When you're not sure what you want to play, what's your go-to deck of choice?
Zada. Janky enough where people don't pay much attention to it, explosive enough where it can go from zero into a supersonic win
>>
>>52865545
>Thread question

That has become Lazav, as the deck scales entirely with how strong the table is. Once I have a good idea of table strength I can upshift into Oona or middle out with Rakdos.
>>
File: kaervek.jpg (15KB, 188x269px) Image search: [Google]
kaervek.jpg
15KB, 188x269px
After pulling an invocation at prerelease of stuff I already had I chose to sell it and buy some stuff the LGS had for this deck, namely Vampiric Tutor and Damnation, but I would like more feedback on it. it won't let me add Canyon Slough to the deck yet but it replaced Rakdos Guildgate

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/before-nixilis-there-was-him/
>>
I have a trash tier mono-red grenzo mill deck that I like to play. Pretty brain dead and it's a meme deck so I don't really care if I lose or not.
>>
>>52865545
My almost entirely pimped out Radha, Heir to Keld is my "I'm bored with my other decks" deck. I don't really get tired of Radha and she always delivers the goods. Bitch is fly as fuck.
>>
>>52865697
>he doesn't goad everyone's fuckhuge creatures for maximum carnage
>>
>>52865545
Radha. I'm in this for the big creatures, big mana, big money, and she's what gets it done.
>>
>>52865733
My nigga. I'm >>52865715 and you and I are on the same page tonight. Radhanons go! Have any secret tech?
>>
>>52865716
I'm thinking of making a Kazuul group slug deck so that'd fill the slot. Also thought of having two grenzo decks since the pieces are pretty similar for the most part.
>>
>>52865754
Nothing really secret. Just ramp into Tooth and Nail and cry when it gets countered. It used to be even more fun back before we looked up the rulings and figured out that Kiki-Jiki + Worldspine doesn't trigger Worldspine twice.
>>
>>52865756
Kazuul is fun as hell. Just make protecting your slug pieces an absolute priority.
>>
>finally got Invent Superiority and Entropic Uprising at MSRP

I'm like a dog who catches up to a car. I don't know whether I should butcher these for the cards, or keep them whole for themed casual matches with people I know who aren't really big players of the game.
>>
>>52865818
Leave 'em be, at least for a while. They're good in low-power settings. My group uses the stock ones against each other and it gets pretty bonkers.
>>
>>52865545
Deck of choice used to be Arcanis because i like to wave my cock around at the table occasionally But its now become Jund Dragon tribal/re animator because it beats people into the dirt
>>
>>52865792
I've got one for you: Hunting Wilds. A surprisingly good piece of turn three ramp that lets you fetch duals. It's like Skyshroud Claim number 2. Late game, it also can provide a little damage if you need it, which is also nice (and has won me a game).
>>
>>52865814
Got any spicy pieces of tech for me?
>>
>>52865545

Mina and Denn, Wildborn. Which is usually actually just Omnath, Locus of Rage in disguise. I usually pick that because I always get out 8-10 elementals and overrun everything or kill everybody Omnath damage. It's pretty great.
>>
>>52865926
Oh yeah, I've been thinking about looking for one. I guess Vicious Shadows? Most of the people I play with like to play Reliquary Tower and sit on large hands so if I can get it off I can really punish them.
>>
>>52866006
Yeah, I ran Vicious Shadows for awhile to punish greedy blue mages, but my meta shifted a lot against large hand decks. I assume you run Beastmaster's Ascension? Have you tried Triumph of the Hordes as your overrun of choice? Also, Savage Beating is cheaper off Radha.
>>
Whats the cheapest and best commander to build around?
>>
>>52865939
Stuff that taps down lands like Mana Web and War's Toll

Playing a very early Gamble for Impending Disaster is also fucking hilarious because you get to hold the table hostage. Especially while you have a decent number of mana rocks out.
>>
File: IMG_7250.jpg (225KB, 1074x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7250.jpg
225KB, 1074x750px
Are these the only two Amonkhet cards worth a damn in Amonkhet?
>>
>>52866082
Edric, arguably. Flying/Unblockable Men are surprisingly cheap, things like Beastmaster Ascension and Pathbreaker Ibex aren't too bad, and most counterspells are affordable.

Best part is you can start with a halfway decent base, and upgrade the counters and mana base from there. Edric is a good time.
>>
>>52866051
Yes on Beastmaster's Ascension, yes on Triumph as a finisher, and I know, getting off red instants is great. I also like Volcanic Rush and of course defensively Asceticism is hard to beat.
>>
>>52866115
I like Champion of Rhonas and Sandwurm emergence and the indestructible land that filters mana and pyramid of the pantheon
>>
>>52866108
Perfection, thanks.
>>
Lads

Should I open another bottle of wine

I know it's Monday morning, don't worry about me
>>
>>52866244

Only if it's a red
>>
>>52866115
Theres white parallel lives and Havest Season too.
>>
>>52866395
I just had a red. I have a white in the fridge
>>
>>52866244
Turn off your cellphone, make a sandwich. Have some water to drink as well. I'm not worried if you're depressed or suicidal or anything, I just don't want you to make stupid decisions to go with your reckless drinking.
>>
File: 636275870596563784.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636275870596563784.png
180KB, 265x370px
This is bullshit and WotC should fire whoever made/OK'd it.
>>
>>52866410
Looks like that's a no then.
>>
>>52866667
Makes for a pretty boring commander in my opinion. Also nice almost quints.
>>
>>52866400
>>52866115
I like Commit // Memory even if it has that horrible abortion of a card face. Also certain decks get a lot. Trostani gets a few toys with embalm and so does atraxa with As Foretold.

Honestly 4 or so good cards for EDH with another handful for specific decks is good, and the most people should really expect. If we get another legends matter block it's the only time I would expect more.
>>
>>52865545

Molimo, Maro Sorcerer. Green, straightforward, stompy. I don't have to think while playing it.
>>
>>52866115
Gideon might be thrown in Superfriends as an emblem generator, Nissa is just good, Liliana goes in tribal, Glorious End is some jankass shit, the cycle lands are fine, Anointed Procession is a white Parallel Lives, Throne of the God-Pharaoh can go in swarm decks, Hapatra looks like a fun commander in her own right, Combat Celebrant might be seen in a beaters deck, and I'm sure As Foretold will be played somewhere.
>>
Guys help, I spend all my time brewing shitty EDH decks and I end up scrapping every single one. I'm about to just sellout because my autism wont let me be happy with any one deck. Also my local meta in combo as fuck and I just wanna play comfy tribal decks. Feels bad man.
>>
>>52865545
>When you're not sure what you want to play, what's your go-to deck of choice
Marath or Aurelia. Not too much pub stomp
>>
Prossh, love playing around with food chain. And also, my playgroup never knows if its a infect beatdown, mill (Altar of the Brood), MLD with kormus bell and Goblin Sharpshooter, or just fucking someone's day up with Rakdos Riteknife.
>>
>>52867575
Well, if you wanna go for tribal, Krenko tends to fuck up combo decks really fast. Is it duel commander or multiplayer?
>>
Buddy of mine is building prossh. I dont judge. He has gotten into a losing streak and he wants to round out his deck to help with his issues (people removing prossh). But his way is trying to incorporate graveborn into a prossh.dec. mind you he has a slightly altered precon deck for prossh. I helped him round out with staples for it (no food chain though) but he's not convinced he has a deck.
What do?
And inb4 he is an idiot i already know that
>>
>>52867750
It depends on what he wants to do, since he is with the almost precon deck, its pretty easy to see him getting fucked a lot. I suggest him to decide what his deck should do, for example, mine as much as it has all this jank (hello kormus bell) its still well defined on what it should do normally (Get purphoros out, food chain and combo it out till everyone is dead.). There is the non combo way for prossh, which is to make him a very fast beatdown deck, using cards such as hit//run, craterhoof (Which should go in food chain prossh as well), goblin bushwacker. And there is the Stax version, which to be fair, if he wants to go that route he might as well just make Meren or Braids because as much as Prossh combination of colors and his innate skills as a sac outlet, I believe the other two far outclass him as they can be much more dedicated for these tasks, not to mention being easier to put on the table.
>>
>>52867750
Besides, wait a second, he's feeling troubled because people keep removing prossh from the tablet? Thats EXACTLY what a Prossh player wants, he knows that if he gets countered or something the tokens still enter the battlefield, right?
Give him an Ashnod Altar and a Gemstone Array (cheaper alternative to phyrexian altar) already.
>>
>>52865545
"Hey, can I borrow a deck of yours?"
>>52866115
In terms of potential universal staples of their colors, sure. But Rashmi really likes As Foretold, Kydele likes all those "when you cycle or discard" payoff cards, Hapatra looks like a dope commander for infect and Temmet seems sweet as well, the cycle lands are wonderful for making the few fetchlands that I have back from Khans block even better, Oracle's Vault is card draw for red and/or white decks, Liliana is sweet, Pull from Tomorrow and Open into wonder seem dope, and the embalm clone is awesome.
>>52866667
Seriously wth is this. Her artwork pisses me off the most.
>>52867575
Buy the Breya precon, build Thopter tribal. Trust me, it's awesome.
>>
File: CauldronDance.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
CauldronDance.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Whats your favourite way to cheat creatures in/reanimate in EDH?
Bonus points for style.

Hardmode: no black
>>
File: Sneak Attack.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Sneak Attack.png
133KB, 223x311px
>>52868621
Pic related for cheating in
Karmic Guide for reanimation
>>
>>52865545
>Thread question
Usually my Brago deck. It's not too competitive nor too casual, just about seining in for value every turn.

My brother wants to get into EDH, but he wants a commander that he can get out early, rather than mana ramping for a few turns. What's your favorite cheap (less than 5 cmc) commander, /edh/?
>>
>>52869251
*swinging
whoops
>>
>>52869266
I'm a fan of edric as an early commander with a lot of power, he also plays a mean control game. If he wants a grindier game then ayli, or for combo I'd recommend merath
>>
>>52868621
Magic christmasland one, but
>mindslaver a black player
>animate dead my guy
>homeward path it back

>>52866667
I know right? Way to make Boros even more irrelevant, Wizards.
>>
>>52869251

If we're going solely by the Commander's CMC then I really love Rhys the Redeemed.

But if your bro doesn't like ramping then Rhys, isn't exactly a great choice despite costing a single mana, the deck itself still wants to ramp to fuel his abilities.
>>
>>52869114
if you cheat you an indestructible with this, can you sac it?
>>
>>52866115
If your standards are low enough to where they include Serpopard, then yes, several.
>>
>>52869418

Indestructible has no effect on sacrifice effects, in fact forcing sacrifice is one of the ways to get around Indestructible
>>
>>52869443
cool, thanks dude
>>
>>52866115
As Foretold
Approach of the One-Card Wincon
Hapatra
-1/-1 synergy to go with Hapatra
People are going to try to make Hazoret work. She probably never will, but eeh?
A number of the aftermath cards (Dusk//Dawn and Commit//Memory in particular) will make appearances to give us all eye cancer
Kefnut's not bad in the 99
All 3 Planeswalkers
Throne of the God-Pharaoh lets tokens crack open pillow forts with the right support. Provides weird inevitability.
There's that white Parallel Lives
Someone is going to make Glorious End work, much like Final Fortune and friends
"No Fliers" Sandworm enchantment
That 5-filter land that unlike Crystal Cavern or whatever the old one was can be run in 4c decks that need to shore up their mana
Samut, but fuck Samut

Really there's no less for us in Amonkhet than any set.
>>
>>52866667
>Terrible Art
>Shitty Character
>Overpowered, undercost Keyword Soup
>Probably dull as fuck in the command zone but undeniably effective as a Voltron Commander

FUCK.
>>
>>52869418
Yes. You'd have to sac it. AFAIK there is no effect that makes creatures unsacrificable.
>>
>>52866115
Insult // Injury is another decent double damage effect that doesn't have to be in play at the start of your turn (most damage doublers are enchantments / creatures). The Injury side is just gravy if you need it.
>>
>>52866667
This honestly looks like a RoboRosewater card.

The keyword mashup just doesn't sit right here, and the off-colour activation is completely wrong for the set (no other cards feature off-colour activations in AKH).
>>
>>52866667
It pisses me off cause this is actually a pretty great naya general because it's a fuckin beefy ass motherfucker with a cool pair of abilities, but it has some of the fucking shittiest art I've ever seen.
>>
>>52869725
Angel of jubilation and sigarda.
>>
>>52869783
Not to mention, how the fuck is some random nigger chimping out a 3/4 double strike haste vigilance?

Not to mention, in the story literally nobody listens to her dissent, why the fuck does she give other creatures haste and have the ability to untap other creatures? That would imply that she's a rebel leader or something but literally nobody cared about her chimping out.

This card is one of the biggest flavor fails I've ever seen.
>>
>>52869760
>Keyword mashup
She's an overtrained woman that want to go against the "government" of Bolas planeswalker farm
>Off-color activation
"Untap target creature" is very white
But it could also be red and green has "untap target land"
They probably wanted to make her Naya for EDH?
>>
Best colors for Waifus.dec?
>>
>>52869846
>They probably wanted to make her Naya for EDH?
It's too on the nose she was made for EDH but it looks like a soup of possibilities and not a great card. I want to toy with Minotaur legend and token guy more than with her, the card lacks focus.
>>
>>52869874
WUBRG
If you don't want to bother with that much colors, WUx should cover most of them
In the end, it all depends on which waifus are yours
>>
>>52869896
>the card lacks focus.
Yeah, it's like they wanted to convey all of her flavor
>Great fighter
>Rebellion head
>Want to help her allies/friends
>>
>>52867575
Emrakul Colorless Eldrazi Tribal. You can run stax pieces if you like, in order to handicap combo players.
>>
>>52869896
Snake.dec looks like a genuinely fun as fuck commander.

Token spam, removal and a commander that comes down turn 2? Seems like a shitload of fun, AND ITS SNAKE TRIBAL.
>>
File: Reckless Waif_ISD.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Reckless Waif_ISD.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>52869874
>>52869901
Red has some sexy ones, but Narset is bad for that kind of deck, since she banishes all competition from the grounds permanently. Not to mention, she's a shitty waifu.
Goat tits is nice, but I'm not fan of the cuckolding shit she applies for. It's a pretty shitty waifu deck if you share your waifus.
Breya is a decent waifu, but you can use buttsluts as exception as well, since they are male-waifus, or rather the stoner gay friends who already figured out that women are much worse option anyway
Breya is all face though, she seems too lacking in body department for my tastes. I mean, just look at her, her body is a wireframe.
5 colours has Sliver queen, Karona (shitty because of same reason as Zedruu) and Child of Alara, if you want babbys with the waifus. Doesn't work though if you want them to stay pure.
>>
>>52869725
Sigarda, Host of Herons protects you from your opponent's sac effects. Great if they like Eldrazi or Smokestack.
>>
I'm in the mood for a nice, grindy graveyard deck. Which commander is fun and not too oppressive?
>>
File: blitzhellion.hq.jpg (181KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
blitzhellion.hq.jpg
181KB, 480x680px
Do i put this in my Ruric thar deck?
>>
>>52870301
no
>>
File: li233_madcap_skills.jpg (141KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
li233_madcap_skills.jpg
141KB, 620x400px
>>52869874
How about some "background" waifus?

Check out the lady on the left in Madcap Skills. I'm sure there could be an interesting deck made with cards that have background characters more impressive than the main focus.
>>
>>52869251
it ain't my favorite, but if you wanna go nuts fast fast fast, Karlov is there for you.
>>
>>52870284
Endrek sahr
>>
>>52870284
Shirei
>>
>>52870301
xenogod maybe depending on how casual your group is
>>
>>52866115
Basically.
>>
>>52865545
>thread question

I'm still fairly new to EDH. But the first 5 months I was playing, I played 12 generals. About 4 months ago i played Kruphix and fucking LOVED it. I've since made an Anafenza the foremost and Krenko (for a tribal edh tourney, will be making changes once the tourney is over)

But yeah, Kruphix is tha J A M
>>
>>52869835
This. How in the fuck is she even a legendary creature? She ran out in the street, got grabbed immediately, and was promptly silenced. She's probably dead now. She did nothing of note and for some reason gets a whole bunch of shit that doesn't fit in any flavorful way.
>>
>>52870492
Huh, I never considered him as a commander, but these decks do look interesting. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>52869835
>nobody listens
>still grants haste
yeah but we have a diversity quota and we needed to print a commander that wasnt buttshit
>>
>>52867575
>I spend all my time brewing shitty EDH decks and I end up scrapping every single one. I'm about to just sellout because my autism wont let me be happy with any one deck
You sound like me. I had a conversation about a similar topic with some anons in the thread yesterday or the day before and I came to the conclusion that I just needed to knuckle down and build something to roll with. I had to get myself to ignore whatever feelings I had telling me not to do it and I've actually managed to complete a deck (for the most part). It's still getting a tweak here and there, but I'm pretty much ready to start ordering cards.
>>
File: Assault Suit_C14.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Assault Suit_C14.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>52869725
There's Assault Suit. It's probably the only one.
Sigarda and Tajuru Preserver only affect your opponent's effects and Angel of Jubilation only works for paying for things, so it does literally nothing with Sneak Attack.
So, Assault Suit, it's your best bet.
>>
>>52870790
Sometimes it takes a bit to find a deck you like, took me about 6 months of making a new deck 2x a week to find a deck I actually enjoyed playing.
It will take less time if you just hunker down and ask yourself what you want to do and find a commander that does that strat, dont worry about it not being unique enough or powerful enough you can always change colors and commanders later its better to have some sort of gameplan going in to deckbuilding before starting

what is your favorite MTG archetype?
>>
>>52870301
It's OK iff you're rocking Wild Pair (And maybe Primal Forcemage to chain 4/4 [or any 8-heft] critters into it.)

Of course, using Wild Pair/Forcemage just to tutor up facepunching is kind of janky, especially when nothing involved can be your commander. But it's a fun kind of janky which I think is what Ruric's all about.
>>
Should I work on creating a Thromok Deck or a Vela the Night-Clad deck?

I've only ever workd on GW and GB so GR would be new to me. I already have an Oona Deck so I'm sort of familiar with BU already. Ninjas seem pretty fun, but I'm interested in owning a wild GR deck too.
>>
>>52870870
I tend to flit around a lot with different archetypes, but I always tend to go back to either artifacts, ramping into goofy shit, or big value guys. I decided to settle on Kruphix because he enables lots of different play styles and the card was given to me by a friend who now lives several states away.

I was doing the same thing where I'd get an idea for a deck, start on it (for some of them), get almost done or at least halfway through, and then scrap the whole thing. I couldn't help but focus on the negatives of any deck I came up with, usually going back to why I thought I'd become bored with it. This went on for weeks and it really just took me sitting down and thinking about how I could play with something I'm comfortable with while also branching out in some way.
>>
>>52870089
Go outside man
>>
>>52870089
>>52869901
I feel like you can afford to miss out on Blue and go Naya (Mayael?) for Pure Waifus or Saskia ("Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" tribal?) to get access to all Black has to offer with Liliana, Dakmor Sorceress, Classic Elves of Deep Shadow, Plague Witch, and so on.
>>
File: Xenagos, God of Revels.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Xenagos, God of Revels.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>52865545
>Thread Question
The answer is always Based Xenagod,
>>
>>52871025
I'd honestly suggest getting some white in somewhere just to branch out even more, unless you hate white for some reason. Of the two, I'd say to go buck wild with Thromok if you already have an Oona deck.
>>
>>52871066
I already have some White decks, so I'm trying to do something different. Thanks for the suggestion though.
>>
>>52865545
Sydri for me, with Kaalia a close second.
>>
>>52870759
It's to fill the KANGZ quota. The gaywatch is completely caucasian (even Chandra who's supposed to be a streetshitter) so to make up for it every set from now on, one of the "good" guys needs to be KANGZ/trans or whatever will please the PC principal.
>>
>>52870870
>>52871032
Oh, I forgot to mention that politics are a big part of any deck I like to play, so a decent amount of less-than-optimal but political cards (stuff that requires voting or things that can benefit different players) usually end up going in.
>>
>>52865545
5c "mana mastery"
only basics, only multicolored creatures
basically a rite of rep deck
>>
>>52870759
>She's probably dead now
Take a good look at the set. Dissenters seem to get stuffed in Sarcophagi to think about what they've done, at least the first time around (Kicked out of the city in other cases as per Doomed Dissenter), and as of By Force it seems like Chandra busts her out.
>>
Top has already dropped below 10! Time to pick them
Up!
>>
>>52870831
I kinda want to rock Assault suit in Kozilek.
At tables with smart players, they'll probably not attack with Kozilek but at any other table this could easily win the game for me.

Would be very funny to see my opponents tear each other apart.
>>
>>52871133
Ah, I hadn't taken a good look at many of the cards yet. Pity. Are they going to ruin another society and then just leave it in ruins to clean itself up?
>>
>>52871144
Try it with Ruhan, it's hillarious, especially if you can load him up with unblockable and 2 more power Or Grafted Exoskeleton and force your opponents to play Russian Roulette.
>>
>>52871153
The society will get wrecked anyway when Bolas returns and the 'Hour of Devastation' happens.
>>
>>52871032
>>52871102
unfortunately I cant really help you, this kind of deck sorta falls out of my wheelhouse

best I can suggest is take a good look at your removal suite and ask yourself if its enough to make deals with, if you like swining out with big guys there are a lot of creatures that get boons from having lots of cards in the graveyard, such as spellheart chimera, in red you also have young pyromancer and a lot of other cards that can get incremental value off of casting spells.
make alliances and a few tokens every turn and all of a sudden you have a board that can overrun the whole table or you can go for a combo route. The combo route can utilize group hug cards to help you dig and to get some heat off of your back.
granted this is all for causal tables more competitive decks tend to forgo politics a lot of times.
>>
>>52871153
the next set being "Hour of Devastation" with Bolas prominent in the promo stuff suggests that the Horned One (may his return come soon) may clean up the mess they've made of his plane personally.
>>
>tfw Grixis colors soon
>tfw Grixis zombies potentially very soon

I might piss myself out of excitement
>>
>>52871025
Thromok is a lot of fun but also deceptively tough to build.
There are so many token making effects in gruul that it's pretty damn hard to find a consistent balance that allows you to get a decently big thromok every game.

I don't have a list but my build mostly focuses on creatures that enter with tokens, to abuse panharmonicon and conjurer's closet.

If you're gonna build Thromok, I advise you to put in all the essentials first and only start working on your token makers at the very last, otherwise the building process becomes a clusterfuck.
>>
>>52871227
Oh I'm not the one having trouble with my deck, I was just saying how I was able to get passed my deck building block when I was replying to >>52867575
>>
>>52871276
>I'll have to invest in token generators a third time

fuck me I've built my Meren around tokens and hen bought similar cards building my Selesnya themed Trostani deck. Fucking Green
>>
>>52871250
Hate to break it to you, but tricolor zombies would be Esper (To push Amonkhet) or Sultai before Grixis
>>
>>52871517
>mummies on Amonkht wouldn't be Grixis colors like many zombies were on Grixis even with the presence of Nico Bolas

Esper Zombies would make sense for Amonkhet. I'm willing to bet there will be one or two from the second half though that will be Grixis colors not just to nod towards Grixis but to also synergize with Nico Bolas.
>>
>>52871035
Bit waifus are important. I already visited LGS for a second and did groceries with my fiancee
>>52871051
Yeah, Plague Witch and EoDS are nice. Sheoldred and Elesh Norn are must includes as well. Gotta have some hot monster meat.
I would debate that new art Hanna is a necessity though, whether it's the judge foil or C16 reprint, but other than that, I don't know what other UW has to offer.
Maelstrom Archangel is pretty nice too, but she's 5 colours
>>
>>52871602
New Art Hanna is fucking gorgeous, yeah.
Terese Nielsen can do no wrong.

If I decide to take leave of my senses and do this I may have to made a goddamned list of every card with waifuable art and cut from there. I'd say "FML it's gonna be a thankless task" but any task that involves scanning great art for gorgeous women can't be that bad.
>>
>>52871353
You can proxy the cards you need doubles of and keep the real cards in your deck box when you play. Tell the people you're playing against that you need the proxied cards in a few other decks, but show them the real versions as well, and swap the proxies with the real versions as soon as you cast/play them.

I have a friend who does this, he's gotten a somewhat negative reaction about it only once, and that guy shut up when he said that he could also swap the real cards in and out of the decks whenever he wanted to play them, but that would just take a few minutes extra for the exact same result.
>>
>>52871139
holy shit he's right. its 8$ on SCG rn
>>
>>52871701
>proxies
You take me for a peasant?
>>
>>52871231
so what would it mean now that bolas is back? he's been gone since Alara right? What can the jacetice league even do against him unless they pull a "zendikar has a lot of mana lol so they can kill the titans" shit
>>
>>52871708
>>52871139
It just got banned in legacy. It may continue to come down for the next week or so as players sell of theirs. Given the number of times that shit's been reprinted it won't hold a lot of value as a commander-only staple.
>>
>>52871139
>tops can be picked up for 3-4 bucks a piece on MCM
Why this drop in price?
>>
>>52871750
got banned in the last format its played in
>>
>>52871741
They can get their asses kicked like Ajani warned them about, building up a long-running villain and adding some stakes back to a plot that lost a lot of credibility with multiple deus ex machina unearned victories.
>>
>>52871727
Just a suggestion man. I'd only do it for really expensive shit like mana crypt.
>>
>>52871746
I plan on waiting until later this week before picking up an extra copy or two. That shit is too good and like you said, it won't hold its price as just a commander staple.
>>
lol @ the people who just recently foiled out their miracles deck
>>
>>52871823
I only foil out decks that have a 100% win rate.
>>
>>52871682
You're doing god's work. It should be made, I would like to make one myself, I love looking at pretty cards
>>
File: Zirilan of the Claw.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Zirilan of the Claw.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Is this guy as baller to play as he looks?
>>
>>52871868
Be very aware of his oracle text:

" Search your library for a Dragon permanent card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library. That Dragon gains haste until end of turn. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step."

Which means that if you do it on your turn you can sundial away the trigger and keep your dragon forever. The game won't try to exile it again every time somebody ends turn.

This means you might consider a general sundial package with Final Fortune and friends, Isochron to reach for infinite turns, some ways to hunt out the Sundial, and maybe that new red turn ender from Amonkhet to mess with people by ending their turns then ending yours without losing.
>>
>>52871970
>>52871868
Conjurer's Closet also seems like almost mandatory tech.
>>
>>52869442
Not even trolling Serpopard is pretty solid in Xenagos, an 8/7 with haste for 3 with a relevant upside is pretty solid
>>
File: flashfoliage.hq.jpg (191KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
flashfoliage.hq.jpg
191KB, 480x680px
I'm going to play this card
>>
>>52872464
wow, three whole mana
>>
File: 1429421329007.jpg (62KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1429421329007.jpg
62KB, 400x534px
>Top gets banned
>Dude in legacy general says that a friend of his beat his girlfriend close to death because of it
>posts screencaps of phone conversations
>mfw
Not EDH related but Jesus Christ.
>>
>>52871602
>>52871682
Thalia (either, or both), Emancipation Angel, possibly new Jhoira.
>>
>>52872464
Go ahead. I'd rather play the creature that does the same, or a fucking fog
>>
>>52872492
Just went there to check. I refuse to believe it, with a smile on my face.
>>
>>52872630
>new Jhoira instead of old one
The new one isn't even cute, she looks like fucking chandra with her stupid hair
>>
>>52865694
Shameless bump
>>
Ahmonkhet had a few cards worth considering. The 1 mana guilded lotus and the sphinx that lets you flip stuff off the top for free once a turn. Also all the mana reduction temples, especially reds.
>>
File: rubymedallion.full.jpg (79KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
rubymedallion.full.jpg
79KB, 240x345px
>>52872912
>Also all the mana reduction temples, especially reds.

the temples only reduces creature costs, why not just running ruby medallion? or are you planning on running both?
>>
>>52872464
Why not Arachnogenesis it costs the same, fogs and blocks multiple flyers.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=405128
>>
>>52873099
doesn't draw lul
>>
>>52873099
>>52873117
this is why you play alhammarret's archive
cantrips.deck
>>
File: oracle vault.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
oracle vault.png
121KB, 223x311px
>>52866115
Matters on powerlevel.

Pic related can do some shenanigans especially if you combo with paradox engine.
>>
>>52873078
Why not both? The Monuments give a relevant bonus whenever you cast a creature. Bontu sucks (as usual) with sap 1, but Oketra makes a token, Hazoret loots, Kefnet taps down, and Rhonas grants +2/+2 and Trample to a target (Hey, another piece for Wild Pair/Forcemage)
>>
Any neat mana options for Yasova other than Ashnod's?
>>
File: Simpsons_monkey_paw.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_monkey_paw.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>52865545
Top has been banned in legacy.

>Mfw I wanted cheaper tops, but never thought about everyone having them in every deck.
>>
>>52873907
Nothin' wrong with that. It's a solid card and it really didn't cost much to begin with. All it does is smooth out draws.
>>
File: nofun.jpg (61KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
61KB, 448x473px
>>52874020
Of course not.

I just like my games not taking 3+ hours
>>
>>52874034
I've said it before and I've said it again: this meme needs to stop. Anyone who takes more than 10 seconds to use Top is not someone I want to be playing with anyway. If they're really that worried about being as optimal as possible and take up a ton of time doing it, then why bother with them?
>>
If you had to ban a legendary creature card from commander, what would it be?
>>
>>52874078
Anything on the Duel banlist for starters.
>>
File: WOW.png (150KB, 224x311px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.png
150KB, 224x311px
Wow guys I found a leaked image of the commander for the new ninja tribal EDH deck coming out later this year!
>>
>>52874078
Consecrated Sphinx
In all seriousness, for a commander, I'd probably ban Zur since his decks are just plain unfun for one of the 99 i'd ban Iona again just because she's unfun in the worst ways.
>>
>>52874078
Leovold. I don't even have to play against him in my meta, and I still want him gone.
>>
>>52874078
Atraxa. I'm don't even dislike it specifically, just how its popular at the expense of more "interesting" decks. I mostly play EDH for social reasons, and it's pretty bad for that philosophy.
>>
>>52874170
>tribal EDH
soldiers
elves
gobos
merfolk

be disappointed /edhg/ its going to suck
>>
>>52871250
Fuck off, Mardu vampires WHEN?
>>
>>52874078
>ban a legendary creature card
I dont think theres a single legend worth banning
Id rather ban labman, sol ring, mana crypt and foodchain.
make storm the best list in the format and put stax back near the top let at least one combat deck be viable at the highest tables (probs edric or rafiq)
labman outside of cEDH is also just plain retarded, it benifits you from suiciding. Foodchain is just too much value.
I could see an argument for allowing foodchain to stay if you get rid of sol ring and crypt but I wouldnt be too optimistic on that meta desu

all 4 of these cards makes cEDH too predictable and fast and they are a problem in casual lists as well.
other cards to look out for would be the legal moxen, necropotence and ad naus.
>>
>>52873907
>"trinket mage in every blue deck" now went from a relatively common occurrence to an incredibly common one
>sol rings in every game
>>
>>52871849
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/waifus-2/

It's a work in progress but going set by set alphabetically, I'm already through 'C'. How bad could it possibly be?
>>
>>52874078
>If you had to ban a legendary creature
Gun to my head? I'll ban Princess Lucrezia because nobody was using her anyway.

No commanders are banworthy right now.
>>
>>52874439
At least one is supposed to be "A surprise"

So I'm betting you've got 3/4 and they drop Slivers on us as the "Surprise" Elves and Goblins are pretty locked in regardless.
>>
>>52874055
And yet in competitive formats, it happened
>>
>>52875537
So when are we going to ban fetchlands?
>>
>>52875863
Can we ban ramp spells too and call the format "natural growth"?
>>
>>52875863
why ban fetchlands? just reprint more
>>
>>52875992
If they make you shuffle yes. Activating Top four times doesn't take as long as shuffling to Competitive REL standards.
>>
>>52872464
does this even work againts multiple attackers ?
>>
>>52876202
In the sense that, if you are attacked by multiple creatures, can you still cast this?

Yes, but its target attacking creature, so only one of those specific attacking creatures will be blocked by the saporling
>>
>>52876202
>does this even work against multiple attackers ?
>target creature
go on and take a guess
>>
>>52876107
They artificially increase the length of the game, putting a burden on tournament organizers.
>>
>>52874967
It's gonna be a motherfucker to cut that
>>
File: god.webm (783KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
god.webm
783KB, 640x640px
>>52874078
Sisay if only to see the salt from this guy in our group. Also what's the best use for the simic nissa? Pulled one yesterday but not wholly sure on what to use it in
>>
>Not letting people draw cards in a game

DING DONG BANNU
>>
>>52876687
play it in a intet the dreamer style deck
but its a shit card
so good luck
>>
File: 4nZODxi.jpg (332KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
4nZODxi.jpg
332KB, 768x432px
>>52876772
>>
>>52876640
I'm more going to treat it as a "set" to carve a deck from. And when the list o' doom is complete, I'll be sure to leave it for others in that state rather than cutting that 'deck' down to something sensible.

Of course, I'm only through F and I'm approaching cube size, at least.
>>
>>52876772
>mfw I made someone storm out of the LGS with arcane laboratory + Forbid + drawing 8 cards a turn yesterday
>>
Anyone know of any good enchantment protection in UB?
>>
How do I build a super powerful cascade deck with this guy? Is he better than Ydris? What's the difference?

/tg/ told me the other day Maelstrom Wanderer is one of the most powerful decks in the format, but all I've found are goodstuff decks with Jace the Mind Sculptor and Sylvan Library and other expensive as fuck cards. Any advice? I don't want cards over 10 bucks.
>>
>>52875537
Up to 4 of 60 and up to 4 of each tutor is completely different in terms of how often it's in play, and other formats usually have an actual time limit compared to 4 hour battlecruiser EDH.
>>
>>52877216
Wanderer is definitely not one of the most powerful decks in the format.

Yidris is far better if you build him storm. But if you just want Big Thicc Creatures you should go for wanderer if you're a timmy, and Yidris if you're a Johnny.
>>
>unbanning Protean Hulk
SHELDON YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>52865545

>Thread question

Probably my Roon lands deck. I'd hazard a guess and say it's one of my better balanced decks that can achieve both spectacular victory and suffer crushing defeats. Plus it's one i built more for having fun with weird cards and landfall than for aggressive or combo play.
>>
>>52877414
wut
>>
>>52877016
Scour From Existence
>>
>>52877414

and just this morning I wished it was...

what do I do with it though?
>>
>>52877414
Where are you seeing this?
>>
>>52866115

I'm excited for Harsh Mentor so that Prossh has to take 20 damage to sacrifice those 10 kobolds. Sure I might not survive the attack, but someone will avenge me.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52877390

I see, so what Temur commanders are insanly powerful? I just built a Yasova deck and it's weak as fuck compared to my friend's decks, so I want to have a chance against them by modifying this deck....
>>
>>52877477
It was in today's EDH ban announcement, their forums have appeared to crash, as I can't access them.
>>
>>52877414
Holy shit and Leovold is banned, rest in peace fuckers.
>>
>>52877414
What? Source??
>>
>>52877599
>>52877477
>>52877455
>>52877455
How do you mongs not know where to go for banlist updates?
>>
File: Image1.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>You sit down to play casual EDH with some new guys you've never played with
>Someone with no creatures out plays pic related, followed immediately by Blasphemous Act, which causes you and everyone else to sacrifice most/all of your lands.

What do you do
>>
>>52877637
That's an incredibly casual line of play, so I don't bat an eye
>>
>>52877626
its crashed you cocksucker and anon didnt have the foresight to screen cap
now if you want to go ahead and post a screen cap it would be helpful
>>
>>52877637
Flash Hulk with my manarocks and win
>>
File: leovold.jpg (400KB, 1461x788px) Image search: [Google]
leovold.jpg
400KB, 1461x788px
>>52877599

LEOVOLD BANNED
>>
File: Image[2].png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[2].png
132KB, 223x311px
Press F to pay respects
>>
File: 1487639732612.png (12KB, 576x448px) Image search: [Google]
1487639732612.png
12KB, 576x448px
>>52877690
Holy fuck yes fuck Leovold
>>
>>52877414
>ban a card that needs banning
>unban Protean Hulk
SHELDOOONNNNNNNNNN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: afd.png (332KB, 982x550px) Image search: [Google]
afd.png
332KB, 982x550px
screencap
>>
>>52877690
F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJtKENfRdn8

Did he have anything to do with the banning?
The deck was pretty much no fun allowed, ever
>>
Will Protean Hulk's price sky rocket?
>>
>>52877690
FUCK TREST
>>
>>52877776
its already fucking sold out at star city, and card kingdom.
TCG player has it for low prices for heavily played/damaged.

Near mint is already at like 14$
>>
>>52877826
just got a foil on mcm for 15 quid.
>>
What are some good instant win protean hulk packages?
>>
>>52874189
Looks like you got your wish
>>
>>52877946
I just got the last foil in english I think. They seem quite rare.
>>
>>52877690
Did they seriously ban him? Uuuuugh, I'm glad I didn't sink the cash yesterday.
>>
>>52877963
Not exactly instant win, but melira, finks, and viscera seer in an abzan deck gives you infinite life and essentially lets you tutor every draw
>>
>>52877826
got 2 for 7 bucks moderately played
>>52877746
le ebin asshole XD XD XD XD
fucking shit I hate this community some times
>>
>>52877690
FUCK ELVES
>>
>>52878109
I just grabbed 3 lightly played for 7 bucks each.

Secondary market can eat it, that took me like 30 mins.
>>
How much do we expect hulk to rise, and how much do we expect foils to rise (I just bought one).

Is flash hulk gonna make a big comeback?
>>
>>52876816
Good night sweet prince
>>52877637
I don't play creatures so joke's on him. Artifacts&enchantments master rice
>>
>>52869846
Better question: why does a Warrior untap another creature?
>>
File: simic mutology.jpg (39KB, 260x359px) Image search: [Google]
simic mutology.jpg
39KB, 260x359px
Picture related was one of my first magic decks, but I never used the Protean Hulk in it for anything. If I build a Hapatra deck maybe I'll throw it in there just to try it out. Feels like the hulk is just going to be used as some boring combo enabler though.
>>
>>52877637
I would've sacrificed all my creatures in response to the Burning Sands. So I congratulate him on a nice play.
>>
>>52865545
shit that annoys you
>people half tapping lands to 45 degrees
>anticlockwise tapping
>>
>>52878301
Protean Hulk is banned in Commander
>>
>>52878334
I dont know what the fuck is wrong with me.
>tap my creature clockwise
>tap my lands counterclockwise
>>
>>52866082
This Guy:
>>52866125
Is completely correct.
The Darreti deck is $40 on Amazon and can be played straight out of the box. It is fairly competitive if you are feeling an itch to be super lazy.
>>
>>52878367
>(You)
>>
>>52878367
Not anymore
>>
>>52878367
NOT ANYMORE
>>
File: 1481835775826.jpg (90KB, 572x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481835775826.jpg
90KB, 572x494px
>>52876816
Rest in Piss
>>
>>52878391
Daretti is fine other than the fact that the deck has like million lands and you're gonna end up drawing nothing but mountains for the whole game
>>
>>52877626
I literally checked the official site and Hulk was still banned.
>>
File: rhysticstudy.full.jpg (40KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
rhysticstudy.full.jpg
40KB, 200x285px
Sad that Leovold won't be coming over tonight?

Maybe we can play instead?
>>
>>52871741
Bolas made a very, very small appearance with a massive impact in Khans of Tarkir. In the last block that only had one main character in our raving dragon lunatic fanboy Sarkhan, we went to Tarkir's past and saw Bolas slay Ugin. Then Sarkhan returned to the present after Sorin healed Ugin, and Sarkhan got absolutely no answers for his many questions. But he at least got his autistic waifu and ruined a really cool plane by replacing the 5 clans with 5 shittier Ravnica ripoffs with bad dragons.
>>
>>52878452
Go to the forum nerd.
>>
>>52878452
They just edited the official list, check again
>>
File: 107839_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
107839_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
>>52877414
>Protean Hulk is unbanned

Bow down to the new tier 1 elf
>>
>>52876772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo
>>
>>52877826
Where the hell are you getting $14? Sounds pretty knee jerk if you ask me, considering scg has (*had) them at 6.
>>
>>52878613
TCG

had mints running at 14$. I was able to grab lightly played at 7, but it took 30 mins of trying.
>>
>>52878560
Ezuri doesn't have anything to do with anything
>>
File: last one.png (17KB, 982x92px) Image search: [Google]
last one.png
17KB, 982x92px
Feels good boys.
>>
>>52878635
Meh. Im not sure itll do much anyway. Honestly the only thing off my head that wants it REAL bad is BG(x) mike combos, even then its noy like they dont have access to tutors already.
>>
Should I bother getting a Hulk if my only creature-based deck is Animar? Any good infinite combos I can tutor up?
>>
>>52878689
Maybe you could use Google and find out yourself?
>>
File: 1487138350875.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487138350875.gif
174KB, 299x240px
How'd I do?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spookdec/
>>
>>52878642
Dumbass
>>
>blowfly infestation+ Hapatra + Blood artist type effect

Does this work?
>>
>>52878865
You need a way to kill a creature with -1/-1 counters on it and another X/1 creature to target with Blowfly Infestation.

But yes your five card combo works.
>>
>unbanning protean hulk when Meren exists
>>
>>52879010
>Meren existing when Rest in Peace exists
>>
>>52877963
1. When Hulk dies get Karmic Guide + Viscera Seer.

2. Return and sac Hulk, get Reveillark + anything.

3. Sac Reveillark, in response sac Viscera Seer and Karmic Guide, return both of them, return Hulk with Karmic Guide.

4. Sac Hulk, get Body Double + anything, have Body Double enter as Reveillark.

5. Sac Body Double returning Karmic Guide, return Reveillark with Karmic Guide.

6. Sac Karmic Guide, sac Reveillark, return Body Double copying Hulk and Karmic Guide returning Reveillark.

7. Sac the Hulk copy and Karmic Guide, then sac Reveillark returning them both. Return the Reveillark with Karmic Guide and have Body Double copy Hulk.

8. Repeat infinitely and you have a loop that puts every creature in your deck with CMC 6 or less into play, plus generates infinite ETBs + LTBs.

You need to be in Atraxa colors to do this, but you can do it with just Bant colors if you have a noncreature sac outlet on board already. Also in Bant colors you can just get Academy Rector + Sidisi's Faithful, Exploit the rector, and tutor up Omniscience.
>>
>Protean Hulk unban and people getting into fits

I am glad I run white and have access to Containment Priest/Hallowed Moonlight, hulk can suck my nuts
>>
File: FUNGUS INTENSIFIES.jpg (198KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
FUNGUS INTENSIFIES.jpg
198KB, 750x500px
Any Fungus Friends with a solid Ghave deck? I recently added a buttload of spicy tech and I was wondering if I could take a peak at what other people were running.
>>
>>52879066
The people who first come up with infinites like these must feel like mad scientists
>>
>>52876687
This guy's facial hair bugs me in a weird way. He's what I imagine a grown-up Jimmy Neutron would look like.
>>
>>52879035
>/artifacts/enchantments lasting for more than 5 seconds againsf mere

You better have sun titan
>>
>>52879629
No I have Sterling Grove.
>>
>>52877690
GODS DAMMIT!
I was so excited for Level Up Tribal to actually not maybe suck kinda.
>>
>Worldfire unbanned
Oh man it's time for Mogis rakdos fun
>float 13 mana
>cast worldfire
>cast mogis
>win
>>
>>52879674
>green has access to spells like back to nature and wave of vitrol
>can still always fall back on O-stone and all is dust

We can do this all day anon. Green enhantress isn't exactly the strongest shit out there.
>>
>planned to wait a week or 2 to pick up my tops
>saw a playset for 12 bucks total on MCM earlier today
>check now
>cheapest english copy is 4 bucks
I hate how I always fuck these decisions up.
>>
File: 98.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>52879802
>float 1 blue mana
>Mogis becomes a bird
THE TRUE EDH STARTS HERE
>>
>>52879814
If my opponent got to 7 fucking mana I probably lost anyways.
>>
>>52879920
So you let Worldfire resolve, you cast that with what hand?
>>
Oh good, I figured out a way to make Protean Hulk start the Boonweaver Combo, into Karador you go.
>>
>>52879802
Good thing it's not, eh?
>>
>>52879976
Fug i'm dumb, i read that as "*unbanned* all the cards below"
>>
What's an actually interesting EDH deck that doesn't cost an assload? I've played a lot of decks and all the popular ones are boring as shite
>>
If you swing with Narset can you cast sorceries and enchantments while you're still in combat or are you restricted by the normal rules for them?
>>
>>52880065
Aboshan control. Buy the squid boss, build a generic control/counterspells deck, and try to have fun making sure no one else can do anything.
>>
>>52880042
>he thought Time Walk was unbanned
>>
>>52880099
>The cards are exiled face up. Casting the noncreature cards exiled this way follows the normal rules for casting those cards. You must follow all applicable timing rules. For example, if one of the exiled cards is a sorcery card, you can cast it only during your main phase while the stack is empty.
>>
>>52880130
Yeah, that's what I thought.

A regular at my lgs did that and gave Narset Eldrazi Conscription. Two people in his pod told him he had to follow the the timing rules and cast that in his second main phase, but 3 other people told them they were wrong.
>>
>>52880171
>playing Narset
>still cheating
How low can you get?
>>
>>52880223
The guy playing it wasn't sure himself and thought he was forced to cast it right then and there. The other 3 told him that exactly what he had to do and shot down the other two players when they tried to tell him the correct way.

Some people are awful little shits, but the Narset player ended up not using Conscription period.
>>
>>52879922
>I lost by the time the green decks ramp

Uhhhh....
>>
File: 1492135900188.jpg (83KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492135900188.jpg
83KB, 750x750px
I hate tribals. Sure, some of them are fun, or neat, but almost every single tribal I've ever seen boils down to "Oh, well X creature is Y type, let's jam in as many Y creatures as possible". Almost every single niche commander on EDHREC is just swarmed by these imaginationless faggots.

I just want variety.
>>
>>52880285
>tfw using two spiders in my Sapling deck because spiders in trees makes sense
I want spidersilk armor already.
>>
>>52880264
It's [current year] how is something this simple still a problem? It's not a complicated detail of the card, you look it up on gatherer and you see that it's the first fucking ruling.
>>
>>52880324
But that's not a tribal anon, that's flavorful. I have no problem with neat things like that, but zombie tribal #3241943: Lord of Tresserhorn Edition is just awful.
>>
File: Totally Fair.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
Totally Fair.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
Remember guys, Sheldon says cards are only broken if you choose to do broken things with them.

Oh Sylvan Primordial? That card ruins the game.
Sundering Titan? That's just feels bad and we want a happy, combo-oriented Flash-Hulk environment.
>>
>EDH facebook chat says hulk is unbanned
>instantly open MCM
>buy three foil english hulks at €10 each
>buy a jap foil for €25
>start thinking about the possibilities
>realize I can only play it in one of my decks
>wonder if I got a bit too greedy buying four
>feeling some regret for my snap purchase
>continue on with my day like usual
>friend asks if I bought any and what I paid for them
>they are now $100 each on TCG
>sold out on MCM

This is crazy.
Hulk is getting banned again in 3 months.
>>
Oh lawd Protean Hulk buyout
>>
>>52880597
Damn fucker you got there quick. I'm pretty sure I got the very last foil, had to go for a seller with a loss percentage of more than 2% too. He's in my country though so I doubt it'll get lost. Was 15 euros as well instead of the deals you got.

Where do you see that they're 100 a pop though? They seem out of stock.
>>
Haha holy shit it's already started, some german listed a foil protean hulk on mcm for 40 and that's the only one available now.
>>
So I'm sorta new to this game but my friends are trying to get me into it.

Is it just an insider trading scam for the people who control the banlist?
>>
>>52880670
Jesus fuck, good thing I don't need one.
>>
>>52880698
no
>>
>>52880698
EDH is one of the few legitimately fun formats with any variety left in it.
>>
>>52880653
I think it was within 3 minutes of the announcement. I even got to cherrypick from major retailers with +4k sales. Picked some of the slightly more expensive options just to be on the safe side.

>>52880698
Just a shitload of people buying a now legal card for their decks with a side of douche speculators.

If it was an insider scam we would have seen a price hike before the unban, not after.
>>
>>52879865
>MCM
>bucks
What are you on?
>>
>>52880782
Don't be such a little bitch anon.
>>
>Only 4 listings for protean hulk on MCM right now
Was dissension hardly opened or something? Or did people just not list it because it wasn't really played in anything before?
Or is this an enormous fucking buyout and are people gonna sit on this until it rockets to over 50 euros?

I wonder how the dude I bought my foil from for 15 euros feels, he'll probably wake up tomorrow and fucking hate me.
>>
>>52881002
It's just that the card was only played in Bubble Hulk which is T4 jank because of the Flash ban/restriction.
>>
I can't believe how high these prices have gotten. It makes me glad I've had a Hulk since Dissension sleeved and kept safe in case it was something that someone might've wanted.
>>
>Normal copies are already the price of foils
What the fuck. Is it a good idea to splurge on a few copies for 10 pop a piece before they rise even further?
>>
>>52880530
So, tokens technically hit the graveyard when they die right?
>>
>>52881277
Tokens entering the graveyard will cause triggers like Blood Artist, Butcher of Malakir, etc to go off, but SBA will remove them from the graveyard since tokens cannot exist there.
>>
>>/p/
>>
>>52881309
Yeah, just thinking of ways to tokenize and empty out a deck with that thing.
>>
>>52877485
You talk as if no one in the table has an Abrupt Decay, Terminate, Putrefy, Shriekmaw and so on. Unless you whip it out at instant speed, I can't see how a Prossh player would get bent with this card so easily.
>>
>>52881359
Trostani?
>>
>>52881194
Yes.
>>
>>52877690
F

Not a Leovold player but a close friend is. I always enjoyed the 3 non Leovold vs 1 leovold games. it was 50-50 on who would win. But it helped my decks and play get better and tighter.
>>
>Leovald is banworthy
>Mikaeus the 4000 comboed is fine

Wtf kind of drugs is the rules committee actually on?
>>
>>52881603
Games with Mikaeus end fast, Leovold drags things out like an asshole.
>>
>>52876687
i want to try it in something? but in Kruphix I play control+X spells (not good for her 0 ability)...otherwise Idk?
>>
>>52881603
>Mikaeus the easily countered and removed
vs
>Leovold the one wheel into a soft hand lock for the table who is also a 3 drop
>>
>>52881603
Leovold creates an unhealthy unfun environment where he comes out on Turn 2 or Turn 3 and if he ever untaps he blows everyones hands in a single spell and proceeds to take 20 turns to find his wincondition.

He is just a fucking terrible card to play against, plain miserable and the most ban worthy card released recently.

Not because of powerlevel, but how fucking braindead dumb easy it was to kill the fun on the board.
>>
>>52881603
>mikaeus
>6 mana
>one color
>relevant in competetive magic
Is mikaeus actually a problem in your meta?
>>
>>52881603
Leovold is actually good though.

Now if only we could get Food Chain banned.
>>
>>52881639
>implying a 3 color 3 drop is easier to cast than a monoblack 6 drop
>implying you can't remove Leo just as easily

>>52881698

Both Leo and Mike are in my meta, and I wouldn't have banned either. However, I wouldn't ban Leo before Mike.

>>52881713
Mike is perfectly fine, especially since he pretty much combos with everything. Failing that, he's just value.

Food Chain is stupid, though.

>>52881685
Leovold is just as easily removed as anyone else in the format, though.
>>
File: 1492560333104.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1492560333104.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
>>52881139
I was able to snag 3 earlier for 7 bucks each.

they are now closer to 15-20.

Goddamn.
>>
>>52881794
Not when he is your commander
>>
>>52881820
Nice work, anon. I'm pretty open to trade my Hulkamania (, brother) off for some stuff to finish this Sapling deck. Happy early birthday to me.
>>
>>52881794
No Mike is fucking terrible and you're a casual baby.
>>
>>52879066
Gets a lot easier with sac outlets
Pro hulk
-karmic guide
-birds
Guide
-hulk
Hulk
-saffi
-rector
Rector
-Greater good
Mill loop till hit sun titan and blasting station
Now loop using sun titan for +3 cards instead of -1
Hopefully you hit a regrow or haste outlet to pull station out
Admittedly not nearly as good but its two colors
I already run this combo in selvala so pro hulk is going straight in that deck
>>
>>52881794
>easily removed
That would be the cast but you draw him cards when you target
Why the fuck did they give him that ability!?
>>
>>52881876
>casual baby
/edhg/ where people who hardly understand the stack go to talk about competitive play
>>
>>52881985
>implying /edhg/ is one person
Try harder.
>>
>>52881985
Yeah that would be you.
>>
>>52881794
>implying a 3 color 3 drop is easier to cast than a monoblack 6 drop
Yes, it literally is, particularly when the 6 drop has BBB devotion. Leovold turn 4 is reasonable, dirty mike t4 is pretty magical christmasland unless you reanimated him.
>>
Just realized I have two hulks incoming by mail since a few days ago (its already registered as such). Feels good to buy them at their low.
>>
File: australia pedophile.jpg (35KB, 720x231px) Image search: [Google]
australia pedophile.jpg
35KB, 720x231px
>Just bought 2 tops for 2,45 euros each
Feels good man.
>>
File: 1485765782756.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1485765782756.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>52881876
>>
>>52877414
Great, green blue just got even better.
>>
>>52882566
But when are they going to ban Llanowar Elf?
>>
File: IMG_0099.png (416KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.png
416KB, 1536x2048px
>>52882591
So buttmad
>>
>>52882566
this comic will never stop being funny to me.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_215223.jpg (11KB, 354x217px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_215223.jpg
11KB, 354x217px
>>52883244
>>
>>52881685
>testing some dumb pillowfort group hug deck in xmage
>join a casual game and lo and behold some guy with a leovold deck joins and the game starts
>instantly give him some shit for bringing leovold to a casual game and remarking how braindead easy the deck is to build with windfall effects etc
>he goes on that defensive edh spike autist rant about me being a whiner etc. etc.
>he casts leovold and next turn tries to cast windfall
>cast swords to plowshares on his commander in response
>he fucking leaves

it happens every single time

a leovold player joins a casual game and then either gets fucked over by 3 players worth of hate and leaves after throwing a shitfit, or alternatively manages to get through that "combo" and everyone goes into topdeck mode while he masturbates
>>
Why don't spikes just use the Duel Commander or Leviathan banlists?
>>
File: file.png (764KB, 581x867px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
764KB, 581x867px
Is this an actual card?
>>
>>52868621
Protean Hulk :^)
>>
>>52883798
Yes.
>>
>>52883766
Because they think they're too good for that and deserve to ruin shit for everyone else.
>>
File: Queen Marchesa.png (168KB, 244x348px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Marchesa.png
168KB, 244x348px
>>52865545
Hands down, after building a few decks and blowing money on them this one has stuck around the longest and I love it, keeps games interesting and outside of my "initial" investment I don't have to spend too much on maintenance.
>>
File: 141.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>52865545
Sakiko ramp
>>
>>52883882
I've been interested in Queen Marchesa lately. Care to share?
>>
>>52883798
Sort of? It exists, but it's not a Wizards product. IIRC, some Japanese gaming company sold them back in the day, kinda like how you can get tokens from SCG or ChannelFireball.

http://www.magic.flaminio.com/magic/rarities-bootleg-min.html
>>
>>52883920
The deck isn't cheap but being able to keep pace in both "casual" and "competitive" is nice.
I don't feel miserable playing my variation of her deck but that is because I enjoy sit down and think magic.
>>
File: odric.png (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
odric.png
108KB, 223x311px
>>52883909
>>
>>52883920
>>52883961

Forgot the link.

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/
>>
>>52883961
>>52883986
Many thanks, anon. Always looking for new techs.
>>
>>52883882
>Queen Marchesa

Absurdly strong if you are doing some sort of pillowfort/control.

That free card draw adds up so quickly.
>>
>>52883997
I wouldn't say I am using new techs in the deck.
I built it using the value that are in my colors and avoided infinite combos.

I more of built the deck with a premise (Sunforger) and cut/added what I felt helped the deck build a flow.

>>52884001
I wanted to avoid pillowfort but control was the aim of the deck. the draw is amazing but you would be surprised how useful it is to have the occasional Assassin.
>>
>>52882584
>>52877414
>>52877728

What do people honestly think Protean Hulk is gonna do that super degenerate compared to the shit we have now?
>>
>>52884091
Flash Hulk is pretty much the original Boonweaver combo. If you've never seen Flash Hulk, it's fucking insane.
>>
>>52884091
Well it literally wins the game when it dies, much like Boonweaver Giant, a card that should also be banned.
>>
>>52884091
I think Protean Hulk will prove itself the fastest most robust combo, far ahead of Food Chain. As a two-card tutor combo it's entirely performed at cards that cost two mana or less and wins at instant speed. It will be trivially cheatable. It will combo with plenty of mainboard sac outlets that already go into top decks.
>>
>>52884213
The combo dies to creature removal, Food Chain doesn't and has much better tutors.
>>
>>52884242
>>52884242
>>52884242
New thread!
>>
>>52883986
Why no Solitary Confinement? I don't play her but I've been considering building her and it seems nuts.
>>
>>52884142
>>52884208
Flash Hulk is insane in constructed normally 20 life formats. Completely barring that unless you draw Flash (an otherwise moderately useless card) it's minimum a 3 card combo to cheat it out or generate fast mana, play it, and then sac/kill it; in multiplayer commander what combo of 6 cmc cards are gonna be fetched to end the game as people are claiming?

What's this card going to be fetching that is going to end games quicker than T&N will?
>>
>>52884264
Two card combo, 1 card cast to go off, 2 mana instant speed.
Two card combo, two cards cast to go off, 4 mana sorcery speed.

Any 5 color tutorcombo shell applies just as well to Hulk, and Hulk is still fully functional with as few as two colors.
>>
>>52884291
Hulk dying wins the game on its own if you're running black.
>>
>>52882566
>a wise choice, friend
every single time.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.