[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 54

File: pfg duo app.png (888KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
pfg duo app.png
888KB, 1200x1600px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Duo apps. How do you duo app without being cancerous? How do you duo app without ignoring the other players once the game starts?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52816660
>>
please stop being alive
or at least stop making anime generals when we're on page 5
thanks
>>
File: 16425952.jpg (33KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
16425952.jpg
33KB, 720x720px
>another anime picture
>>
File: 1492399234411.png (362KB, 404x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492399234411.png
362KB, 404x768px
So how does the Selective Tangibility feat for the Deathless Ghost actually work? It lets them interact with objects normally, but they have 0 carrying capacity because of no Strength, so what can they actually do with it?
>>
>>52822406
They can kiss you and pat your head.
>>
File: 1449125845116.png (692KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449125845116.png
692KB, 963x720px
>>52822398
>Complaining about anime on a chinese drawing site.
>>
>>52822423
But people aren't objects!
>>
Ok guys, here is the detailed flow of events from the wizard's player (barbarian player here):

>I see scry sensor
>turn to party to tell them
>dragon teleports in and surprise round begins
>casts Wall of Force (did this the same round he teleported in, don't know how, rod of quicken maybe?)
>round 1 begins
>the wizard casts See Invisibility (beat the dragon in initiative)
>dragon breath weapons the party and stops flying
>catches everyone but the summoner with crush
>wizard and investigator die
>wizard did have a contingency but it goes used in the fight against the kobold sorcerer when it and he had a spell duel
>summoner's turn comes, grabs me because I'm on the edge of the dragon's crush and dimension doors away
>cavalier is stuck alone and eaten by dragon
>>
So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>52822427
Also, to elaborate on this, the relevant text.

>Ectoplasmic Form (Ex): A deathless ghost’s body is formed of partially-intangible ectoplasm with similar properties to smoke. A deathless ghost must focus strongly to interact with physical objects, and often finds that its form can be easily disrupted by even the most mundane of weapons. As the ghost grows in power, its body grows more and more intangible, until eventually the ghost can phase through objects and ignore the material world around it entirely.
>
>Starting at 1st level, all corporeal attacks and effects suffer a 10% miss chance per class level against the deathless ghost. In addition, the deathless ghost has an equal miss chance when it tries to use its own abilities and attacks against a corporeal target. This miss chance is halved against magical attacks and effects, such as magic weapons, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities. Likewise, when the deathless ghost uses such an ability, its miss chance against others is halved. Otherwise, the deathless ghost applies this effect to its equipment and any attended items as well.
>
>Ghost touch weapons and force effects affect the deathless ghost normally.

And the feat:

>SELECTIVE TANGIBILITY
>
>You can grasp objects and interact with the world as if you were a corporeal being.
>
>Prerequisites: Ectoplasmic form or incorporeal subtype.
>
>Benefits: You can interact with objects as if you were corporeal, allowing you to use normal weapons strike without miss chance against corporeal beings, affect objects normally, and otherwise act as if you were not incorporeal. This feat does not allow you to benefit from armor without the ghost touch special property.
>
>Normal: An incorporeal creature cannot interact with normal corporeal objects.

It's kind of badly written, really.
>>
>>52822427

Says who?
>>
File: DRappliedwithmodernfirearms.gif (3MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
DRappliedwithmodernfirearms.gif
3MB, 300x159px
>>52822450
I am hyped for my Shattered Star game even if I did scare my players a bit in the last two sessions.
>>
>>52822450
Probably gonna kill some boar after an expertly engineered awkward lunch.
>>
>>52822443
Technically, Red dragons are SUPER evil. It wouldn't have JUST eaten the cavalier. It would have tortured him for days or even weeks, in the most excruciating way imaginable. The Cavalier's only way to avoid such fate would be if he had slit his own throat as soon as you abandoned him.

Also, was the summoner female?
>>
>>52822454

Yeah I dunno anon, sounds like "Ask your DM territory"
>>
>>52822443
Him teleporting in and casting Wall of Force are different rounds. Teleport is before combat, Wall of Force is the surprise round.

He doesn't need a rod of quicken.
>>
>>52822450
A Macross game, fennec poster. Already three sessions in and I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Running a game is scary, but fun too!
>>
File: heart.gif (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
heart.gif
51KB, 800x800px
>>52822427
Depends on what you're using them for.
>>
>>52822443
>the wizard casts See Invisibility (beat the dragon in initiative)
>(beat the dragon in initiative)
>casts See Invis. instead of something that will save his party or at least himself
>not even fucking expeditious retreat
how fucking stupid do you have to be to assume that the dragon won't fucking slay your ass instantly
at least he had a good view of the thing killing him for his final moments
>>
>>52822500
>Also, was the summoner female?
No he was a gnome, the cavalier was female however.
>>
>>52822443

Sounds rough but if you guys didn't have prot/resist fire you fucked up pretty bad.

DM didn't exactly pull his punches, but using the wall of force was also sort of a mercy since he could've done something offensive, you guys have teleports if you need to escape after all.
>>
>>52822531
Oh...

OH!

The cavalier might live then.

Just expect pic related to be her fate.
>>
>>52822530
It's like the nerd in a slasher film stopping to pick up his glasses off the floor instead of just running.
>>
>>52822450
Runnign my "Vigilanties in Chelix" game. they wer eindirectly responsible fopr someone burnign down the temple to Asmodeus in their city, and now must deal with the iposition of mrtial law throughout the city, while the rule of the city is having his City Guard detain, drive off, or assassinate the Hellknights in the city at the same time.

It promises to be terrifying.
>>
>>52822499

How awkward are we talking? I'm sitting with my ex awkward, or my sister thinks I'm boning this boy and gave me a "congrats on finally getting laid" lunch awkward?
>>
>>52822530

See invisibility is 10/mins a level and level 2, you'd think your wizard would've just prebuffed it, 130 mins, or 260 with a lesser rod of extend.
>>
>>52822531
>was the summoner female
>no he was a gnome
Is gnome a gender?
>>
>>52822530
Once again.

Casters = Gods
The imbeciles controlling the casters = only human.
>>
>>52822547

DELETE THIS
>>
>>52822568
Yes.
>>
>>52822530

I mean, if he was gonna drop a spell on it why not glitterdust and potentially blind it and show it off for the whole party..?
>>
>>52822530
What could he have cast?

He can't target the dragon because he can't see him. He likely can't reach everyone with dimension door to grab them and fuck off.

I mean I guess he could just have run away and abandoned the party.
>>
>>52822530
>~I~ know how to play the perfect wizard!
Sure you do. Bet you'd have fucked it up in a
different way instead and died in a different manner.
>>
>>52822597
you mean the way the survivors in party did to the cavalier?
>>
>>52822530
Probably thought there was no way the GM would drop a monster literally on top of them while invisible and spewing fire, so he thought he had a chance.
>>
>>52822597
>30 ft move
>grab QT cavalier
>dimension door to private wizard abode
>sweet, sweet rescuer ERP
>>
>>52822584
Because dragons have blindsense and don't care if you disable their eyes, anon.
>>
>>52822547
>MFW cavalier cultural enriched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzoLGMTMI0s
>>
>>52822613

GM's with their dicks hard to kill players don't hide it for 13 levels, they're throwing raging half orc barbarians at you at level 1.
>>
Does anyone else find it funny that the GM just had to get that extra damage in with crush? Fucking killing 2 PCs by just landing on them is fucking hilarious. I've never actually see someone use crush, didn't even know it existed until now.
>>
>>52822560
Maybe a little of both
>>
>>52822584
Glitterdust does nothing to a dragon. You have to deafen and blind them or either their sight or blindsight is gonna work.
>>
>>52822625
>move
>anywhere near a gargantuan dragon
Uh, no, anon, that's a good way to get grabbed and killed or awesome blowed into next week, or vital strike bitten to death..
>>
>>52822640

Smart move for the dragon

To killed anon, you're salty now, but isn't it better to know that your PCs exist in a world where they can die? Where consequences are real? Won't revenge be all the sweeter?
>>
>>52822612
That's after 3/5s of the party are down, I don't think anyone could blame them for that. Better three dead than five. Even if I was the cavalier I wouldn't blame them, and I'm not the kind of person into dragon rape.
>>
>>52822637
He probably wasn't at first but got sick of his players and decided "fuck it. They wanna one round all my carefully planned encounters. I'LL ONE ROUND THEM!"
>>
>>52822560

I kinda want to read about Ameiko trying to get Onryou to talk about her new boyfriend now.

She's a perky, talkative tavern owner with an awkward mess of a sister, it seems like something she'd want all the juicy details of!
>>
>>52822637
>>52822679

>>52822443

Is your DM a dick? Theories aside, you should know by now if you're 13 levels in
>>
>>52822663

Living for revenge is one of the worst things you could ever tell the victim of a crime or tragedy.
>>
>>52822663
I didn't get killed, I'm one of the two that survived.

We went back to see if the dragon left any bits behind to resurrect, but the entire place was burnt black/melted stone. The dragon apparently incinerated everything to prevent having bits for resurrection or scrying left around.
>>
>>52822689
>TFW she pulls Seht aside instead of talking to Onryou first
>>
File: oNP8rGH.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
oNP8rGH.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Are there any roleplaying guides out there? I'm really into worldbuilding and character creation and things like that, but I'm complete ass at actually roleplaying. I just don't really know how to get better at it.
>>
>>52822702

Good thing the PC's AREN'T REAL PEOPLE
>>
>>52822450
I have a game, but I may not be able to attend because of family things. :^(
>>
>>52822707
>she pulls Seht aside
>Seht is already taking his pants off before she even starts talking
>>
>>52822704
then you may expect the cavalier to be alive, anon.

And bait for a terrible, terrible trap. And the dragon to lie about it. Even if she is dead. Or alive.

Okay, I need more liquor..
>>
>>52822704
>The dragon apparently incinerated everything to prevent having bits for resurrection or scrying left around.
>dragon does something smart
How horrifying.
>>
>>52822717
practice
>>
>>52822717

practice practice practice

>>52822704

A quest to wish them back should be something you guys can do at 13 if you really want to
>>
>>52822736
I think we've concluded that this is a VERY smartly played dragon.
>>
>>52822724

They should behave like real people, anon.

People with extraordinary circumstances thrust upon them sure, but with realism all the same.
>>
How fucking humiliating is it for the dragon to not even attack you, but literally just crush you to death?
>>
>>52822717
Depends. Voice RP, Real-Time Text RP, and PbP are completely different and require different skills.
>>
>>52822640
>Never seen a GM using crush when fighting a dragon.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPE2mJdYt8M

Cerealsy? Then your GMs have the attention span of a goldfish or a very shitty reading comprehension. Any veteran GM would start a fight with crush:
1-The dragon is old enough to use that SA.
2-The party is mid-upper level
3-The first target of the crush would be spellcasters if possible.
4-If the party haves followers they would be the secondary objective in case spellcasters aren't "in range"
>>
>>52822736
>dragon does something smart
That's what this whole argument boils down to. These players wouldn't shed a tear for any enemy they killed while taking every advantage available to them.
>>
>>52822717
Start PMing roll20 players you like. Just say you want to practice RPing. We're all eager to help hone new talent. So find one with an app you like and send them a PM.

Alternatively, come join the Discord and say hi. I'd be happy to lend some one-on-one hands on RP training.
>>
>>52822751

How many good stories of adventurers are sessions of therapy over traumatic events?

How many involve revenge on a horrible villain?

I personally know which I'd rather play, "realism be damned."
>>
Is there a more classic tabletop salt story than a party assuming that dragons operate by video game standards and then getting totally shit on?
It seems like this happens every other dragon encounter.

I still remember the first time I heard about this, a guy's whole party was burned to death by a dragon just circling them and blasting firebreath on them. They ran into a village for cover, and the dragon just burned the whole village down to get them, never coming down to the ground for Gonads the Barbarian to cleave it's skull in twain.
>>
>>52822756
I dunno, being sumo-ed by a dragon is a pretty manly way to die.
>>
>>52822717
Call up or PM one of your friends and ask them to sit down with you and help you practice talking in character.
>>
>>52822732

>Ameiko doesn't stop him
>She looks at it, and makes some amusing comment about seeing why Onryou's so happy with him
>>
>>52822737
>>52822739

I just feel so goddamn awkward doing it. Every character I play just ends up being me since that's all I know how to do.

>>52822762
Voice is specifically what I'm struggling with. I'm fine with text RP and PbP.
>>
>>52822702
I don't know, tearing apart a murderer that killed my best friends sounds pretty good to me. Actually I can't imagine anything I would want to do more in that situation.

The problem here is that the murderer weighs several tons, is invisible, flies, breathes fire, is extremely intelligent, beyond the reach of the law, controls a tribe of minions, has immeasurable wealth and a horde of magical items most likely (with some recent additions that are probably pretty useful, thanks wizard), and is probably prepared for retaliation.

I would immediately level into or retrain in to a "Seriously Fuck Dragons" class/archetype and know it would never be enough.
>>
>>52822789
>voice

lol fuck i dunno
>>
File: beuno kyo.gif (318KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
beuno kyo.gif
318KB, 500x281px
>>52822789
>Voice
>mfw
>>
>>52822778
Mine burst out of hiding from his lavabath and then hurled one of the PCs into the lava on the surprise round.

the original campaaign title was "Defeat the Dragon", but the players renamed it, "Get Eaten by a Dragon."
>>
Okay, so if you had to choose RIGHT THE FUCK NOW, what five people would you pick for Overlewd?
I've actually given it a little thought, and on the assumption that the GM decides to be a shit and take an all-girl party, he could do pretty well with
>Umbranae
>Cijiska
>Emilia
>4916
>Rhyisjir/Cody
>>
>>52822777

Some of the best campaigns I've ever been in had a character getting over his rage or anguish through talking it out with friends, and discovering that while revenge felt good, it doesn't fill the hole in their soul quite like coming to terms with the tragedy.
>>
>>52822778

It's a pretty classic DnD thing, warms my heart.
>>
>>52822778
Hi Spoony. Are you going to ever upload content again, or are you just gonna ride the Patreon train 'till it runs out of rail?
>>
>>52822789

Hey dude, I'm pretty comfortable with voice.

Want to throw a Skype or Discord my way so we could do some 1v1 roleplay?
>>
>>52822809
My five would be

My character
Your character
RNG the rest, it doesn't matter... So long as we're together.
>>
Hey! Hell's Rebels should have happened yesterday, anyone know what happened?
>>
>>52822809

I don't really see the issue with an all female PC party, do people really just want couples? This is /pfg/ I'm sure half of them have dicks anyway.
>>
>>52822840
That's especially flattering considering I didn't even apply
>>
>>52822789
With voice RP, it's tough to get into character if you can't put on a voice. I suggest sticking to roughly humanoid races, and specifically of the same sex as you. Makes it much easier to get rolling. For example, I had a lot of trouble RPing as a female elf oracle, but no difficulty as a male half-orc barbarian. It's fine if your character ends up being "you but a bit different' as well, that's a good starting point. Good RP comes mainly from your own life experiences, after all. Channeling that one really angry taxi driver you met 4 years ago helps play a barbarian quite a bit.
>>
>>52822809
>Allanz
>Lucius
>Olivia
>Cijiska
>Aeshma
>>
>>52822826
Spoony's still alive?
>>
>>52822809
>Succubed
>Toobee
>Cat-loli

The rest are irrelevant, this is the party I want.
>>
So I am playing in a setting where spell casters are extremely uncommon, for reference I have met throughout the adventure a total of 3 other spellcasters. As a witch I've already caused a stir because I took Web as a relatively flashy spell. However I have finally hit level 5 and have access to 3rd level spells and I want to up the flashiness, the problem is the witch spell list isn't the flashiest.

Some spells I am considering are:
>Lightning Bolt
Most likely because a 120ft bolt of lightning is a lot more impressive than even fireball.
>Ash Storm
Big summonable storm of ash is really in your face.
>Sleet Storm
same as ash storm

Any other ideas?
>>
File: tamisen1.jpg (323KB, 620x960px) Image search: [Google]
tamisen1.jpg
323KB, 620x960px
Could any of you help me out? My HD died, and I lost a bunch of character sheets. I'm getting ready for a game in 2 hours, but I don't have a character sheet for a returning NPC paladin. Do y'all think you could throw together a level 4 paladin sheet for me really quick? It'd be a big help.

The only really important details are that she used a Greatsword, and had some version of heavy armor, although I don't remember which one.

pic related isn't her, but it's close enough.
>>
File: 1491429663503.png (792KB, 1280x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1491429663503.png
792KB, 1280x1800px
>>52822809
Here's a better question: What kind of character do you want to see apply to Overlewd that hasn't appeared yet?
>>
>>52822778
Spoony did a video on that that was pretty good I think.

I always found it strange that dragons in skyrim fly down to you and try to bite you when they have seemingly no limit on their ability to shit magical napalm and the ES universe lacks auto-targeting for spells and ranged attacks like DnD.

Neverwinter just lacked the technology to make flying enemies a thing though. Then again that dragon early on in the underdark expansion is pretty likely to immediately buttfuck your party anyway despite being stuck in an underground dungeon. That fear aura.
>>
>>52822789
Oh dear, this is hard.

The first thing I would do is go out and talk with random strangers. Hold normal conversations for as long as possible to teach yourself to not be intimidated by it.

Accents and stuff can come later, and are generally optional.
>>
File: SalamanderBreakfast.gif (808KB, 155x118px) Image search: [Google]
SalamanderBreakfast.gif
808KB, 155x118px
>>52822813
>Playing Iron Gods.
>Fighting an outer dragon
>Everyon is cocky that the party haves a fuckton of protections against energy attacks.
>Dragon uses a vacuum breath like effect.
>Wizard and Barbarian survive because both players have a fetish for Darth Vaderesque hi-tech breathers.
>>
>>52822883
Do it oyurself, its not exactly hard to make a sheet
>>
>>52822883
Point buy? NPC wealth (Heroic Y/N) or PC wealth? Any feat tax rules/homerules? Background skills? Any particular skills the paladin was good at?
I'll assume human.
>>
>>52822847
The thing is, most male PCs are put out by their players just to get their fantasy-dicks wet. They're going to get doubly butthurt over not getting chosen. That, and /pfg/ is going to pitch a bitch-fit over the GM "clearly" just building his own little harem.

As always, it's easiest to just blame RotJR for this--it started a trend of "gotta have a 1:1 ratio of boys to girls so we can pair them off," if only by accident. And now we're in an age where the more popular RotJR party is basically being pushed to decide all their character interactions based on popular demand. Either they break down and just decide to fuck for our entertainment, or they don't, and they get people shitting on them. There's no winning anymore.
>>
>>52822847
Because it implies that the GM never had any intention of picking male apps, meaning every single person who submitted a male app wasted all that time because they were never in the running to begin with, due to submitting a male app.

Let me put it like this.

Let say you're in a college class.

The teacher gives you a quiz to fill out. It has lots of questions and things you have to write a mini essay for. You spend a lot of time and effort doing your very best on this quiz.

Now you and the rest of the class turns in the quiz, and the teacher throws your away without even looking at it.

Then he says only people with blonde hair passed, everyone else failed and gets an F in his class.
>>
>>52822917
>The thing is, most male PCs are put out by their players just to get their fantasy-dicks wet.

I still want a breakdown, by character, of which female PCs each male is supposedly tailor-made to fuck.
>>
File: 1491431192420.png (249KB, 510x655px) Image search: [Google]
1491431192420.png
249KB, 510x655px
>>52822884
A cute rat.
>>
>>52822789
Me and some of my friends have had the same problem with making characters that just end up being you. I've found that if I make my characters alien enough it helps.

For example make a female character if you are male. Make a drunken barbarian if you are a nerd. Play an evil prick if you are a nice dude. Maybe pick a weird race instead of human or old human or short human.

It helps separate you from your character, I feel.
>>
>>52822842

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52814686/#q52816118 Should be thereabouts.
>>
>>52822917
>>52822918
I just make dudes because I like being a swole dude...and because I don't feel comfortable playing a girl.
>>
>>52822918

There are about twice as many female apps as male, so just on odds of all the apps being the same quality there's a decent chance they'd all be female.

>>52822937

That was just a shit post because male PC's are tailor made to fuck anything that will come on to them
>>
>>52822946
the WWWtext is there too, yeah?
>>
File: 1492558741811.jpg (484KB, 1496x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1492558741811.jpg
484KB, 1496x1120px
>>52822946
Why no lewds yet?
>>
>>52822918
maybe the case wasnt that the gm was always looking for an all girl party

maybe they just didn't like the male apps?
>>
>>52822789

The easiest way is to think of what you'd do in a situation, and then make a character that does the opposite.

You're too shy to tell the QT barmaid you want to fuck her? Your PC does it.

You have good boundaries and would never fuck your mom? Your PC does it.
>>
>>52822953
>just a shitpost

WELL I'M STILL WAITING
>>
>>52822884
Angry widow/widower whose spouse is still alive, just imprisoned somewhere on charges of fey worship, and they're trying to build up power and resources to go break them out.

Better yet, make the PC the one who committed the crime, and now they're wracked by guilt over their beloved taking the fall for them.
>>
>>52822918
So we should let in male apps simply because they're male, even if the quality of the application isn't as high?
>>
>>52822954

Yeah, should be just a few posts before that.
>>
>>52822910
I got other stuff to do. 2 hours is the operative word here.

>>52822915
We were rolling for stats. Any method you want. I can tweak them myself if I want to.
PC wealth.
Normal feat tax/no homerules.
Last time I made her sheet, I think I focused skills on things like perception, sense motive, and diplomacy.
The elevator pitch concept is that last time she was fresh out of paladin academy, and had a black-and-white, lawful stupid world view, and she's slowly been learning about how the world really operates, and is now willing to work with the less-than-good PCs in order to stop a greater evil.
And yes, human. Thanks
>>
File: Humantiddyscholar.jpg (166KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Humantiddyscholar.jpg
166KB, 850x1202px
For the next /pfg/ I intend to apply a Chessmaster (from Gonzo) who poses as a bimbo.
>>
File: 5475576576.png (347KB, 469x337px) Image search: [Google]
5475576576.png
347KB, 469x337px
>>52822971
>You have good boundaries and would never fuck your mom? Your PC does it.
>>
>>52822983
If you can't whip up a sheet in 5 minutes for an NPC and make the rest up on the fly, what good are you
>>
>>52822937
Surprisingly few. Some *cough*RotJR*cough* had several apps who were made specifically with raping and mind-breaking popular female apps in mind.

Most are just there to be badasses and let the fantasy pussy come to them "naturally" (i.e. without any extra effort at seduction on their part).
>>
>>52822918
I divide the apps and throw out half to start. I don't want unlucky people in my games.
>>
>>52822984
Why not to Overlewd? Seems like a pretty good concept for that game.
>>
>>52823005
Dude don't expose my method
>>
>>52823005
Shit, that's genius.

You could even run a second game
>>
>>52822938

I want to make that rat go pants shopping. Being fuzzy is no excuse to go around half-clothed.
>>
Am I an asshole GM for not allowing the Magus-Arcane Mark trick in my games? I get that it's not that powerful, but it still feels a really shitty and munchkiny abuse of the wording of spellstrike.
>>
>>52823017
Fuck it cut me off somehow.

You could even run a second game with the unlucky bastards and string them along, to watch them struggle.
>>
>>52822339
That catgirl - sorry, that Catfolk - seems amazingly uptight.

She needs petting.
>>
>>52823043
Is that how FotJR/SotJR happened?
>>
>>52823042
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>52822879

I think sleet storm is simultaneously the most powerful of those three and the flashiest, since it has the biggest area.
>>
File: Adventurer Family.png (276KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurer Family.png
276KB, 500x707px
>>52823049
We all know where that leads.
>>
>>52823042
Yes, because Arcane Mark can be used for Scrying, as a focus for targeted spells such as Clarivoyance and Clairaudience, and as a teleportation targeting device.
>>
>>52823042
No, but your players should feel dumb for not being Hexcrafter Magus and getting access to the Brand cantrip.
>>
>>52823042
It's a shitty thing to do, especially if you've not made any effort to provide an alternative that doesn't fuck him over even more than the Magus already is.
>>
>>52823068
Considering that one group was evidently chosen for synergy and the other just 'cause, yes, it seems so.

Friday was just made to be a hate- and shitpost-sink, so that Saturday would look even better by comparison. The GM is a cruel man.
>>
This doesn't affect balance but just improves quality of life:

Consider letting all 1h/level durations just last the entire day, so they aren't fucking dumb at level 1. They're literally ALL weak effects that don't shake anything up at low level if you do that, and were designed with being all-day in mind.
>>
>>52823092
I want to HUG Quinn.
>>
So, Aether Lance + Deadly Agility is it 1.5x dex to damage or 1x dex to damage?
>>
>>52823009
I'll pass, I hate playing evil themed campaigns.
>>
>>52823077
>tfw you'll never settle with a qt PC and secure [FAMILY END]
>>
>>52823049

Careful, anon. That's a good way to end up as a special friend.
>>
File: I'M DONE.jpg (37KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
I'M DONE.jpg
37KB, 583x583px
>>52823113
>>
>>52823102
I want Quinn to hug me. I bet she gives the best hugs.
>>
>>52823042
Yes.

>>52823074
A magus can use spell combat and spell strike with arcane mark to get a free extra attack. But as the DM said, it's not really a very powerful ability and it's not like the magus doesn't suffer enough in combat without losing this too.
>>
>>52823113

Only because our campaigns never get to the end unless I GM them.

Being the only person in the group with the attention span to run a game that goes longer than four weeks is suffering.
>>
>>52823093

I like it anon, personally I change wands to be once per battle, or three a day if PC's are autistic and bothered by encounter mechanics.

I would also like it if 1/min spells were "for the encounter"

Fucking hate having to deal with tracking minutes due to wizards trying to squeeze their spell slots
>>
>>52823135
And they can always be hexcrafters which gives them Brand as a cantrip and that explicity is a touch attack
>>
>>52823135
>OH MY GOOOOOD THE MAGUS IS GETTING ONE EXTRA ATTACK WITH 3/4 BAB AND STATS PRE-SPLIT BETWEEN STR AND INT

Yeah, not really anything to worry about.
>>
>>52823102
Gnoll, please go and stay go.
>>
>>52823157
I want to gently caress her anon!

I WANT TO HOLD HANDS WITH HER ALL DAY LONG
>>
>>52823042
>implying the same thing can't be done with the Arcana that turns range touch spells into spellstrike spells
>not allowing a prestidigitation magus turn his opponent's clothing and hair different colors with the extra attacks he takes
>not realizing that spark can be used to set opponent's hair and clothing on fire
Yeah, nerfing magus is a dick move.
>>
>>52823077

That is an incredibly attractive cat girl.

That human man is lucky.
>>
>>52823111
Deadly Agility specifically calls out only doing a maximum of 1x dex to damage.
>>
File: 1451885020623.jpg (266KB, 723x934px) Image search: [Google]
1451885020623.jpg
266KB, 723x934px
>>52823157

The gnoll will leave when it's good and ready, anon.

Could be a while.
>>
File: 1464329286559.jpg (98KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1464329286559.jpg
98KB, 600x579px
>>52823093
>tfw you see a newbie spellcaster player in a low-level game who ACTUALLY BELIEVES each of their current options like Mage Armor can be useful when they first become available

Why do I even play this game, I hate it so fucking much
>>
>>52823165
I don't care how pure your intentions are, gnoll, she said gno.
>>
>>52823113

What are you waiting for? Onryou's going for her FAMILY END, Valeriya is too, why not you?
>>
>>52823204
I'm not a gnoll!

I'm a cute girl!
>>
File: MaleRogue01.jpg (197KB, 799x990px) Image search: [Google]
MaleRogue01.jpg
197KB, 799x990px
>>52823092
>Friday was just made to be a hate- and shitpost-sink
Except 80% of the shitposting is focused on SotJR anyway. The Synergy thing I could kinda see, though it's a stretch considering Friday consists of a Duo-app Trio and "The Same Guy, Except Slightly Different"
>>
>>52823077
Male Highlanders make the best tanks.
>>
>>52823180
And yet Aether Lance doesn't mention a handedness and specifies 1.5x damage, I was wondering which 'specific circumstance' was the more specific circumstance.

Mostly looking to see whether the question had been asked before.
>>
File: DontGnoll.png (398KB, 1181x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DontGnoll.png
398KB, 1181x1200px
I don't know if GM Rappan Athuk or do an abridged Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
>>52823217
Friday has a bunch of "literally whos" and "does this person even do anything?"
>>
>>52822809
Heyyy, that's pretty good.

Thanks for the mention.
>>
>>52823143
You can just take the Eternal Wands rules wholesale from 3.5, they're in the Magic Item Compendium. In fact the Magic Item Compendium is everything good about 3.5 and takes no adaptation at all to include. I literally can't think of any good reason not to include it 100% of the time when I'm running the game.
>>
>>52822809

>Romulus
>Gogo!!!-SuperRobot-SHININGJUSTICE-Azalea-Scrapheap, Champion of the Universe!
>Kenna
>Umbranae
>4916

There are not a lot of ranged apps so I went heavy on melee, but with lots of reach between Six and Romulus means it shouldn't be too crowded.

I skipped the ghosts because I personally don't like the undead immunities on PC's, wanted to include a succubutt, but Umbra has 18 cha and I hate designated "face" types anyway.

Also skipped apps that didn't enthusiastically say they'd ERP because I want more leaked logs
>>
>>52823252
I'm sad that nobody's done a thing that's to MIC as PoW is to ToB.
>>
>>52823229
Rappan Athuk. Having a gritty game would be great.
>>
You've been given the chance to play with DHB, but under the following conditions:
>the overall story will feature his character as a central figure
>the game is designed to appeal to DHB's autism for inventory management/resource management/planning (but he'll take care of most of the book keeping)
>DHB has input for class bans/buffs/house rules, but not the final say
>the story is centered around theme's and symbology that DHB decides upon, you would know what they are before game start

Would you play?
>>
>>52823156
And one-handed at that. Maguses aren't dealing 2d6 + 1.5 Str per attack like anyone else.
>>
>>52823284
Dude what the fuck is wrong with you this is like creepy stalker shit.
>>
>>52823284

I like playing supporting roles and love inventory management stuff, especially when someone else tracks the small details.

I'm in!
>>
File: maximumweeb.png (12KB, 658x94px) Image search: [Google]
maximumweeb.png
12KB, 658x94px
Unsurprising comment, coming from a guy who uses a fucking nodachi on his Blingmaker app.
>>
>>52823229

WotR fucking blows, there is basically nothing salvageable from that mess.

No idea on Rappan Athuk.
>>
>>52823156
>>52823285
>the attack is at -2 on a class with 3/4th BAB and a shitty attack booster
>he had to succeed a concentration check unless he was SOMEHOW out of reach before casting
>>
File: GnotLike.jpg (326KB, 1245x953px) Image search: [Google]
GnotLike.jpg
326KB, 1245x953px
>>52823282
Not sure, after reading the whole thing it seems kind of repetitive in some areas encounter wise.
Perhaps I should modify this or that and bring new critters to defeat.
>>
>>52823252
>>52823279
>TFW you love MIC with all your heart, but absolutely despise Ultimate Equipment
>>
>>52823279
It wouldn't be needed. Like, the only "adaptation" the book could have is to keep in mind when rolling loot that the very few class-specific items for Warlocks, Knights and Scouts don't have a reason to exist in PF. Everything else is fine and an improvement on the game.
>>
>>52823318

I was going to do an Oni but when I pitched the idea to a friend they immediately started referencing Onryou and I didn't want to try to get out of that shadow.
>>
>>52823318
No one will make one because of inevitable Onryou comparisons
>>
>>52823339
Sure, but having a version that's "really" for PF would go far, especially if rolls in/upgrades some existing PF material that overlaps with things, like some of Steelforge.
>>
>>52823327
>SOMEHOW
Is being 5 feet away from the next enemy that rare?
>>
>>52823284
Aside from the inventory management aspect, that all sounds alright. DHB, for all his autism, creates fairly interesting characters with lots of aspects that could be used to hook in the side characters.
>>
>>52823355
>>52823360

Onryou CONFIRMED for ruining Oni forever.
>>
>>52823339
Imagine the bitchfit a PFS player would throw if they saw Healing Belts though.
>>
>>52823360
>>52823355
So? I made a character once who my friends kept telling me was just male onryou, and that didn't stop me from getting in
>>
File: 5ba.jpg (18KB, 328x266px) Image search: [Google]
5ba.jpg
18KB, 328x266px
>>52822398
>Pathfinder thread
>Complaining about anime picture
>While using Vietnamese imageboard
>>
File: 1204887615510.jpg (95KB, 750x971px) Image search: [Google]
1204887615510.jpg
95KB, 750x971px
>>52822884
A naive dragon waifu who wants to get treasure and minions but mostly ends up as the party's servant/mount instead.
>>
>>52823323
WotR is good except for the one mistake which is easily rectified. You're out of your element, Donny.
>>
>>52823271
Isn't some one with 18 CHA sort of a designated face type anyway
>>
>>52823355
>>52823360
Just make a male Oni.
>>
>>52823360
>>52823355
>>52823377
On the contrary, that might actually get you accepted.
What man thirsty enough to start a lewd game wouldn't want a crack at the golden girl?
>>
File: 1491256842267.jpg (62KB, 362x697px) Image search: [Google]
1491256842267.jpg
62KB, 362x697px
>>52823414
I think it'd be totally possible to make an oni without being a copy of Onryou. The HUGE GUTS/HUGE FIGURE is just one aspect of the character, after all.
>>
>>52823414
Sleep's in FotJR meaning that he never got his fair chance to make a run for Onryou's heart. This could be the answer. All of Overlewd is simply populated by clones of the pussy from SotJR.
>>
>>52823436
It's literally the only aspect.
>>
>>52823408
Which mistake it is?
>>
>>52823412

Succubus end up with about 9000 CHA so they totally obsolete everyone else. Past low level the raw stat isn't as important if other PC's want to rank social skills.
>>
>>52823366
Probably not, but it's making a lot of assumptions about things. Like the enemy not having reach for some reason, or assuming that you didn't need to 5-foot to get out of reach to safely cast in the first place.
>>
>>52822450
Hell yes. 2 phase boss fight coming up. Secret future boss to introduce. Backstories to partially reveal with a red herring. Maybe some PC butcherin' but it's early in the dungeon so hopefully not yet. One PC is off on an all weekend game trip thing which I'm jealous of so I'm definitely fucking with his character out of childish spitefulness.
>>
>>52823239

Oh way to see the pot calling the kettle black, I hardly hear anything special from SotJR unless it's Onryou or Seht. For all the goddamn hooplah we make over "Valimir" or Corwin or Aranha, we don't read hardly nothing about them.
>>
>>52823377
Wrong.

The thing about Onryou is that she's a perfect storm of /pfg/ waifu shit. She's naive but a hard-drinking party girl, she's T H I C C and muscular, she's got a huge rack, she's a punch-girl, she's Japanese and exotic, she's a tiefling, etc.

What you want to do is make an oni. A flesh-eating, unapologetically evil monster who fears nothing but beans, and that's just out of cultural obligation. For bonus points, she's shit at hand-to-hand and uses a big-ass iron club. You can keep the booze-hound bit, but make her (him?) an oni rather than an anime stereotype.
>>
>>52823436
She looks perfect for represent a shoanti in my opinion.
>>
>>52823092
>>52823068
>>52823217
>>52823239
You're literally retarded, all of you. Friday was chosen because the GM wanted to run a game with their friends all in a party (plus Argentum as Saboten), and Saturday was chosen to have six other who-the-fuck-cares in a party. Friday is the REAL game, Saturday is the pity-party so that /pfg/ didn't get triggered.
>>
Does anyone else find Spheres of Might's Warleader sphere to have disappointingly minor tactics and shouts available to it?

As far as tactics are concerned, the only ones worth using are Aggressive Flanker (the default) and Deadly Herdsman. Activate one at the start of the day and then switch between the other two. Ignore all other tactics.

For shouts, the only ones that are actually good are Fierce Shout (the default) and Harangue. Use the Community-Minded trait with Fierce Shout and bring out Harangue if someone is succumbing to a save-or-lose. Even then, a Community-Minded Fierce Shout might not dole out as much damage as a heavy-hitting Brute Strike, which takes the same standard action and martial focus expenditure.

Buffs being relatively trivial is what leads to a paradigm of "why help allies when you could explode an enemy instead?"

A commander (the class) wants to spend exactly two talents on Warleader: the first talent to open up the sphere with the Meek Leader drawback and to acquire the Deadly Herdsman tactic, and the second talent to take Verbal Commands as a precaution against glitterdust and the like. That is it. The commander should step no further into Warleader. It is somewhat disappointing.
>>
File: 1844494-ao_oni_large.png (71KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1844494-ao_oni_large.png
71KB, 300x300px
>>52823436
Disregard onyo.
Make this sexy motherfucker.
>>
File: 022 - NYc8p7G.png (912KB, 1596x896px) Image search: [Google]
022 - NYc8p7G.png
912KB, 1596x896px
>>52823486
Sure thing boss
>>
>>52823473

The issue isn't that you couldn't do Oni well, it's that if you do it you'll inevitably just get dragged into a meme war in this thread.

Safer bet is just to avoid it all together.
>>
>>52823406

DON'T MOUNT DRAGONS

You'll give up too many class features, and it'll take way too long to come online.
>>
>>52823436
I can never get over how stupid that chick looks. Why is that belt even there. Why is there another one on her leg. Why did she decide to wear heavy armor but only on her forearms and shins. Why the crotch window. What are those pants-things for anyway.
>>
>>52823523

Maybe she's an exotic prostitute dressing up like a "sexy" Shoanti for a client from Korvosa?
>>
Why did you apply to overlewd.
>>
>>52823519
But if the PC dragon is the mount, all you need is some ranks in Ride!

Or maybe some ranks in Perform (courtesan), depending on the kind of mounting.
>>
>>52823515
Let's be real, if any of us played it safe, we wouldn't apply to any of these meme games. Hell, we wouldn't even be playing Pathfinder.
>>
>>52823467
If the enemy have a reach weapon you're going to find a safe bubble beside them, and at the low levels you're using this trick for, Large enemies are very uncommon. But I don't think it's reasonable to expect NPCs to always use optimal weapons for reach and shit (kick your GM if they do this. Enemies should use a variety of equipment and fighting styles even if they fucking suck).
>>
>>52823532
memes and to get a review that tears my app to pieces
>>
>>52823532
i didn't
>>
>>52823523
I think that's because it's literally a sketch from something pornographic in nature.

She gets impregnated by a tentacle cave and then eaten by the spawn iirc.
>>
>>52823532
Who are you asking?
I applied 'cause I wanted to play evil for a change.
>>
>>52823549
Well suddenly she makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>52823534

Dragons have thick thighs and thicker tails, I'm not sure any normal human man could "mount" that successfully.
>>
>>52823549
...Is there some way we can Diamond Dogs a porn manga? Because that's the first place my head went with that.
>>
>>52823532
Strawpoll for why did people apply to Overlewd

http://www.strawpoll.me/12796615
>>
File: Full_Portrait_Hawkeye.png (2MB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Portrait_Hawkeye.png
2MB, 1600x1920px
>>52823523
Does it look any better on a dude?
>>
>>52823523
The belt is for carrying potions and pouches while the one on her leg is for not allow the quadriceps get striated during a outburst charge. She is a barbarian so rage powers will grant her protection while the lack of clothing reveals her wasteland/desertic land background.
>>
File: Half-dragon.jpg (188KB, 707x911px) Image search: [Google]
Half-dragon.jpg
188KB, 707x911px
>>52823559
Half-dragons have to come from somewhere.
>>
>>52823532
Because Kanna was a really fun idea to write at 6:00 AM on lack of sleep.
>>
>>52823585

Yeah, from a human woman getting mounted, not the dragon.
>>
>>52823585
Most dragons are spellcasters and many have alternate forms to become humanoid.
>>
>>52823559
Get the dragon one of these:
http://txti.es/collar-of-resculpted-form
>>
>>52823591
It's canonically pretty common, in 3.5 at least, for half-dragons to come from a dragon who decided to become human for a while, try out this "falling in love" thing, and have a kid. If I recall, once they're pregnant, they're trapped in human form until it's over, so it's the "ultimate expression of a dragon's pure love" or something waifuable like that.
>>
>>52823532
Because it's a game where I could explore the themes I intended to play with Lucius Nacht: someone who leans more to the side of good and would rather do good or neutral actions, but the situation is that doing either could very well put him and/or his family at disadvantage, while acting evil would be an easy, safer way to success.
>>
>>52823486
Why is this so hard for /pfg/ to grasp? Friday group is the DM's friends. That's why they're a group of 'literally who?' characters, they were chosen because of their players not the application. Saturday group is the general's favorites, with a few high-synergy characters thrown in. This is why all our favorite memes are on this team and why we talk about them all the time.
>>
>>52823620
I want to make tender love to Bailey until she's heavy with my child!
>>
>>52823049
What makes you say she's uptight? She looks nice and loose to me~

And besides, have you seen that tail? She's obviously a wolf!
>>
>>52823620

Oh yeah, I know all about Song Dragons and Silvers and Steels and how they love love LOVE to get pumped by thick human dick until they're squirting out genetic freaks, I was just assuming the anon was going with "dragon form only."
>>
>>52823568
We got some thirsty ass niggas here. And meme fuccbois.
>>
>>52823540
Fuck, I dunno man, I'm just looking at it from an outside perspective and assuming there's enough enemies that the magus isn't going to have more than maybe one or two chances to do that without needing a concentration check. It's the same 5-ft full attack bullshit as regular martials, with an added kink in the system.
>>
>>52823703
I just want a game that isn't being derailed by a furfag.
>>
>>52823668
WHO

THE

F
U
C
K

IS

B
A
I
L
E
Y
?
>>
>>52823725
A meme from the discord cabal about how ridiculous the concept of a discord cabal is because they have their heads stuck that far up their own ass.
>>
>>52823714
>not wanting to rail the dragon
>>
File: ia ia husbando get.png (148KB, 844x768px) Image search: [Google]
ia ia husbando get.png
148KB, 844x768px
>>52823532
I'mDMing a game with Lamashtan cultists as the current antagonists so this looked like a great opportunity to get some mileage out of an unused NPC concept and treat myself to my favorite fetish: pregnancy/impregnation.
>>
>>52823569
Well that guy doesn't have random empty belts on his legs and waist, zig zag tights that cut out for the crotch, puffy warm looking fur leggings despite being mostly naked, or even a standard barbarian crotch piece let alone a literal thong so yeah that's not too bad. He also doesn't have white hair on brown skin or an invisible warhammer, and the accessories he does have emphasize his tribal nature without being out of place.

He does lose points for the sandals and having a single bracer though. I guess he doesn't want sand in his boots, since he looks like he belongs in a desert. At least he armored his right arm.
>>
>>52823714
Which one?
I think I know, but seriously, which one?
>>
>>52823759

That is a very cute girl!
>>
>>52823754
If it was a dragon derailing the game, maybe it would've been entertaining.
>>
>>52823707
Yeah, that's probably an accurate view of how it goes.
>>
>>52823776
Catfolk rogue, arsonist, UMD whore...anything ringing any bells?
>>
>>52823748
And the cabal is named Bailey?
>>
I want to play in a PvP game with a few sensible spell bans, but besides that just "gloves off time to go at it".
>>
File: discordcabalnixon.jpg (48KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
discordcabalnixon.jpg
48KB, 850x400px
>>52823748
>>
How do I a two gnome liches in a trench coat pretending to be one human lich?
>>
Is DHB part of the discord cabal?
>>
What's the point of the Arcane Mark magus combo? You're just attacking twice at -2 like anyone could; you're not getting 3 attacks or anything abnormal.
>>
>>52823779
Cute girls make everything better! So why not give everyone in the party a cute girl?
>>
>>52823825

Mostly it lets you get the extra attacks of TWF without needing a second weapon or an assload of feats.
>>
>>52823825

Saves you the trouble of investing in feats or having to pay for two weapons.
>>
>>52823827

Because then they'll be too busy giving out headpats than doing quests!
>>
>>52823840
Oh right, I forget sometimes that you don't actually have TWF as a Magus.
>>
>>52823632
Now that I think about it, FotJR has a hell of a lot of celebrity players.
>QAnon
>Katapesh/Overlewd GM
>WotR GM
>Hell's Vengeance/Pendragon/Shardwalkers GM

The two least famous are still
>Chaikaposter
>Cashmere/Succubed Player

Meanwhile SotJR has
>Dragons GM
>Captain Slow
>Who
>Who
>Who
>Who
>>
>>52823825
You sacrifice potentially needing a concentration check in order to inflict a -2 on your attack rolls, and a bonus attack. It can also be done ALL DAY, which is something paizo REEEEEs at.
>>
>>52823825
>still using arcane mark
Did nobody tell you that Tailful Polymorph is a magus cantrip now?
>>
>>52823827

Cute girls are a privilege earned through great heroism, not a right.

Besides, they might not have the same definition of cute as you do.
>>
>>52823840
>>52823849

One, anon. One extra attack at no penalty - aside from casting in combat, which is a massive penalty all by itself..
>>
>>52823873
I'm PRETTY SURE Paizo is fine with swinging your sword all day. Otherwise this system would have been a lot worse. Or better.
>>
>>52823884
>-2 to attack rolls
>"no penalty"

>>52823896
Yes but you're doing something that ISN'T swinging your sword once! You're swinging it twice! For no resources! That's not right!
>>
>>52823877
BRILLIANT
>>
>>52823877
I'm not doing anything, let alone using that spell. People just brought up a Magus+Arcane Mark 'combo' that I'd never heard of. I expected some major exploit, not "you can use TWF at an AoO cost when you can't afford to deal real damage very often yet".
>>
>>52823840
Magi are shitty otherwise.
>>
>>52823919
and yet there are still people who REEEE at it being a thing.
>>
File: 59134186_p0.png (2MB, 1358x2000px) Image search: [Google]
59134186_p0.png
2MB, 1358x2000px
Some years in PF and a year with GURPS have convinced me that Pathfinder is shit through and through and GURPS is the best for everything.

That said, sometimes I do feel like eating shit, and I'm currently looking for a system that's suited for simple, non-autistic high-fantasy fun with anime influences.
Since /jttrpg/ is kill so I can't ask for suggestions there, PF is actually back on the table for this.

You're all a bunch of pathetic weebs like me, deep down—how are you not put off by the gross hodgepodge of D&D cliches, off-kilter weeb influences, and mismatched other shit that is Golarion and its lore? Do you only mostly play custom settings, possibly with a ton of homebrewed creatures and races?

Also, are there any inofficial guides you could recommend for how to handle magic, mainly in regards to balance, and what materials to avoid because they would break everything?
>>
File: !!!!!.jpg (122KB, 717x449px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!!.jpg
122KB, 717x449px
>>52822339
The biggest problem with duo/trio/etc apps is that they're almost always written so as to give no fucks whatsoever about party cohesion, only each-other.

They have their own story, they have some background bullshit that more or less explains how they'll never trust (and perhaps not even group with if you read between the lines) others because reasons, and they have every reason to go off and deal with their own thing which may already in the generation phase be entirely unrelated to the tone of the campaign.

... *AND THEN THEY FUCK*
>>
>>52823942
You want Legend.
>>
>>52823914
>Are you chicken?
>>No?
>Well you ARE NOW!
>>
>>52823942
But I LIKE having a gross hodgepodge of D&D cliches, off-kilter weeb influences, and mismatched other shit!

It's basically the same as old-school D&D (remember, spaceships and nazis at the center of the earth were all part of the original adventures), just with a bit more weebery.

>Also, are there any inofficial guides you could recommend for how to handle magic, mainly in regards to balance, and what materials to avoid because they would break everything?

Well, the simplest version is to look at class tier lists, and try to get everybody to stick to Tier 3 classes. This is the "sweet spot" of class power.
>>
>>52823942
Some people like Rifts too, which makes PF seem balanced, bland, and dull.
>>
>>52823942
>how are you not put off by the gross hodgepodge of D&D cliches, off-kilter weeb influences, and mismatched other shit that is Golarion and its lore? Do you only mostly play custom settings, possibly with a ton of homebrewed creatures and races?

Because it is the same thing, just with a different paint job.

>Retrieve mcguffins
>Roleplay and smooze with people
>Explore dungeons
>People arguing over bad dice rolls or posting pictures at each other if online

I'm going to be honest, I lifted my old sea campaign, set in space, and all I did was change some names, and even I can't tell which I am running at times. Just have fun with it
>>
File: 9drbvjfc.png (15KB, 443x441px) Image search: [Google]
9drbvjfc.png
15KB, 443x441px
>>52823969
Chickens aren't fluffy! Denied!
>>
>>52823827
Cute girls are usually occupied with something or another. Of the DMPwaifus so far they've ended up or are headed towards
>Dead
>Promoted/currently sieging a castle
>Searching the world for a myth
>Accidentally leading the world toward its end
>Too young to adventure
>Married to her job. And her country. Also her husband.
You can't just pick cute girls up and take them with you forever. They're people.
>>
>>52823968
Good luck finding anyone to play it though. Looks neat, thought about running it after my current campaigns wrap up, but my players are all "it's not PF"
>>
>>52823872
Katapesh/Overlewd GM was a literally who until well after RotJR started, though.
>>
>>52823942
You'll require a custom setting but consider 5e if that doesn't bother you. Lack of options might though, it'll cover most standard fantasy anime powers but not even the basic chuuni powers. Combat is simplified from Pathfinder but comes with the advantage of making anime style fights easier.
>>
>>52822917
Dude, most female PCs are there so they picture themselves fucking them - or themselves as them being fucked - later on.

The guy rolling "bob the ex-guard" isn't jacking himself off under the table.

The guy playing the kitsune with the tortured sex-slave past? he's been doing so since before the game began.
>>
>>52823954
>not making your duo apps useful to the game together
>not making them harbor a forbidden and illicit affection for one another
>not wanting to cuckqueen your duo-applicant and make her jealous so she rapes you and verbal berates the other player for being foolish and liking you at all despite your severe metal illness
>not actually playing a spiritualist and her phantom blade as two personalities in the same body and not two characters seperately
Get on my level.
>>
>>52824029

Now he's a miserable pile of memes
>>
File: Dracula_r.jpg (67KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula_r.jpg
67KB, 600x764px
>>52824047
WHAT IS A MAN?
>>
File: tumblr_oduqxbaN8s1u7xbrmo1_1280.jpg (84KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oduqxbaN8s1u7xbrmo1_1280.jpg
84KB, 600x762px
>>52823827
>mfw after making a joke about having another player's old PC come back as an NPC, DM let slip that he had plans for a new character to show up as a potential waifu
>mfw he knows how paranoid I get about potential spoilers and how I try to avoid metaknowledge
>>
>>52823092
Has FotJR even been to the catacombs of wrath yet, or are they still mucking about sandpoint?
>>
>>52824046
>your severe metal illness
Lead poisoning, or the Construct Corruption from the horror rules?
>>
>>52824107
Don't know. They posted some fake meme about being cancelled, and we haven't had a greentext since. They probably fell into a fourth Shayliss orgy.
>>
File: 704px-FChungFull.png (402KB, 704x600px) Image search: [Google]
704px-FChungFull.png
402KB, 704x600px
>>52824046
what level is that?
you're just listing more fuckups of duo-apps.
>>
>>52824107
>>52824141
Given how /pfg/ has been about that game, it's not surprising that they've stopped posting.

I heard there was just a complete greentext embargo, but there's probably someone in each group or at least in SotJR who's going to leak details for attention.
>>
>>52824157
>>52824130
Nether. A brawler/phantom blade spiritualist whose brawler half is due to the spiritualist being possessed by her own phantom blade (which, having a low wis and int, is a bit developmentally disabled, though likable becaise higher cha). Her phantom is actually her twin sister who died during childbirth, and is gregarious, active and perky, while the spiritualist is sweet, gentle, calm, and somewhat disturbed by her sister's infatuation.
>>
>>52823942
>how are you not put off by the gross hodgepodge of D&D cliches, off-kilter weeb influences, and mismatched other shit that is Golarion and its lore? Do you only mostly play custom settings, possibly with a ton of homebrewed creatures and races?
I force my players to consider what the actual implications of such a setting would be, and bring up crazy shit to my DM to give him ideas.

Basically, an Ideal Golarion should be something like the world of Samurai Jack.

Complete with everything from wizards to robots, to spartans, to Scotts, and even EXTRA THICC!
>>
>>52824141
>probably fell into a fourth Shayliss orgy

nah, that's just one of them
>>
Don't knock Magus's regular low-level melee damage! With the black blade archetype literally everyone takes, you deal lots compared to TWF!

You get full Strength to damage with your off-hand! (+2 -> +4)
The off-hand attack is with a good weapon! (1d6 -> 1d8)
Both attacks are made with an enhanced weapon with an Arcane Pool point and your normal Black Blade! (+2 together)
Both attacks benefit from Black Blade Strike! (+1)

Regular TWF: 1d8 + 4 plus 1d6 + 2 (avg 14), at -2 attack
Magus TWCantrip: 1d8 + 7 plus 1d8 + 7 (avg 23), at +0 attack
>>
>>52824107
We're already in Kalsgard. We just decided to let you think it was all Shayliss and gnolls to keep shitposters like you appeased while we had an actual game.
>>
>>52824273
Fuck off. Seriously.
>>
>>52824079
Juicy, juicy. Got any more details?
>>
Speaking of magus, what's a good ability spread for DEX ones? Is there a solid pre-racial I should aim for?
>>
>>52824266
>literally everyone takes
>Black Blade strike ever being considered
>>>+0 attack
>both attacks are going to hit

oh look it's you again
>>
>>52824107
We're in Thistletop, dude.
>>
Here is a situation you and your party encounter:
>walking down the road, traveling to a major city some 80 miles away
>about time to stop for the night
>see a fire and camp
>in the camp in a ogre wearing full plate
>he seems to be cooking what looks like a deer
>if spoken to he tells you he has no time or energy to converse with small folk and to leave him be, but that you are welcome to use his fire
>your paladin detects evil
>he pings as moderately evil

Are you obligated to kill the orge?
>>
>>52824305
What point buy? Because at 25 PB I usually go for 16 In Dex/Int pre-racial, 14 in Con, and 10's in everything else. Maybe drop Cha a little to get some wisdom if I really want to.
>>
>>52824334

25, yeah. Sorry.
>>
>>52824322
>Press him on what he's out here for, what he's been doing
>Use Diplomacy, stay friendly-like
>Recommend that he stay away from the roads and not bother anyone, because otherwise we might have to fight him
>Leave so as not to obligate the paladin to kill him
>>
>>52824266
>The archetype that makes your Arcana objectively worse
>Literally everyone takes
????
>>
Recently, my group was tricked into going out into the wilderness to rescue a bunch of kids that were allegedly taken by a cabal of witches in the forest. What the townsfolk who recruited us didn't tell us was that they were an underground cult to a major demon lord - the kids were gonna be their next major sacrifice.
Our DM was planning on having us go through a pretty intense series of events through these woods, with a lot of influence taken from Blair Witch. It was supposed to be dark and suspenseful.

Was. So very much was.

See, by complete accident, our group had managed to get control of a Slasher a while beforehand - basically, Jason Voorhees, complete with incredible regeneration. Our DM wasn't expecting it at all, but he rolled with it - he doesn't believe in giving players shit for solving problems in creative ways. (We decided to call him Buddy in-character.)

>Wait. Were there any teenagers that were taken as well?
>DM: Yeah. Why?
>Then why the fuck are we just gonna tramp through the woods? Let's just let Buddy lead us to them.

And so we used Jason Voorhees like a hunting dog to find a bunch of stolen kids - the DM thought it was awesome, and rolled with it.
>DM: You know how the forest just goes totally quiet when something ominous is about to happen in a horror movie? Well, you can actually hear that happening as Buddy walks. It's like a bubble around him - wherever he goes, bugs and owls just go dead silent until he moves away.
>>
>>52824334
>tfw 25pb
>tfw hobgoblin
>Str: 14
>Dex: 14
>Con: 14
>Int: 14
>Wis: 14
>Cha: 14

Dangerously above average.
>>
>>52824322
No. By the lawful rules of hospitality he has offered us warmth and shelter, and he has not harmed anyone or done anything to merit being smote. A polite thanks and a gentle word of warning suffices.
>>
>>52824353
>Press him on what he's out here for, what he's been doing
You learn he's a mercenary and part of a clan of ogres who hire out their services, he's heading to the same city you are in order to find a contract.

>Recommend that he stay away from the roads and not bother anyone, because otherwise we might have to fight him
"Don't talk to anyone or use the roads or we'll kill you."
>>
>Chaikaposter

Chaikaposter is for love, hugs, kisses, and snuggles, not for anything else. They are PURE and INNOCENT and a wonderful pillar of this great community
>>
>>52824402
(((community)))
>>
>>52824402
But is Chaikaposter also the master of the Cabal? I think it is.
>>
>>52824190
>I heard there was just a complete greentext embargo

I hope not. I actually want to know what happens. You can't just invest me in a story and then go "Yeah it's still happening but you can't see it". That's torture.
>>
>>52824424
Is Chaikaposter actually Bailey?
>>
>>52824400
>ask question
>get mostly sensible answer
>twist it to make it sound like murderhobos
>attempt to railroad into "we kill it" to prove yourself right
Classy.
>>
>>52824438
Nope
>>
>>52824441
You are literally saying "don't use the road or we may have to fight you". How is that misconstrued?
>>
What's the best way to trick enemies into willingly accepting the effects of a Tailful Polymorph?
>>
So we've got Dragon Style and Pummeling Style, but how come we don't have Gangnam Style?
>>
>>52824427
>invest me in a story
>I DESERVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! IT'S NOT FAIR!
>YES, I AM JUST GOING TO SHIT ON YOU FOR EVERY STEP YOU TAKE, WHY DO YOU ASK?
>>
>>52824453
WHO IS CHAIKAPOSTER?

Place your bets, folks, on who you think Chaikaposter is or is close friends with
>>
>>52824190

That's a shame, I like a good story.
>>
>>52824460
Willing acts of torture immediately shift your alignment one step, anon. It's not right.
>>
>>52822398
you're rage greatly amuses me.

I'm not an anime fan, especially shoen, ugh, at the same time rpgs you all sorts of different art styles to portray things. Why let your opinion of shows, comics, and the fans of shows and comics that use an art style effect your use of things in those art styles for tabletop rpgs?
>>
>>52824310
A +2 weapon will negate the -2 penalty. This is ignoring whatever your BAB and strength are.

And of course they "hit" for the discussion purpose since it's a damage comparison, you idiot. Both scenarios have both their damage delivered because it's a fucking comparison of their damage when they do hit. Adding in to-hit only favors the Magus.
>>
>>52824479
man I haven't played a game with a system were morality is an objective measurable force in the universe in a long time.
>>
Is there a better gestalt skill monkey than a Phantom Thief Rogue || Empiricist Investigator VMC Oracle?
>>
>>52824479
>I still should have gotten in on that game
>It should have been me, Onryou, and whatever other bitches I deign to let lick my balls
>You can't do this to me
>I deserve to adventure vicariously through you
>I deserve leaked ERP logs
>It's not fair
>>
File: 46725988_p0.jpg (894KB, 825x1100px) Image search: [Google]
46725988_p0.jpg
894KB, 825x1100px
>>52823968
>>52823982
I'll take a look at these, thanks.

>>52824031
I know little about this, but the gist of it is that OF is a reskinned 3.5e, then 4e went in a completely different direction and is more like a wargame, and 5e is a Verschlimmbesserung that mixes elements of 4e into 3.5e's framework?

>>52823981
>>52824004
Dunno, I need a bit more immersion and consistency than that to really enjoy a campaign. (Or do it like >>52824223 which sounds fun too.)
>>
>>52824473
It's the master of the Cabal.
>>
>>52824488
>LET ME COMPARE SOME RANDOM CHUCKLEFUCK WITH NO FEATURES TO THIS OPTIMIZED MAGUS

A Slayer of equal level will at bare minimum who is doing TWF do about the same damage at bare minimum, likely with the same (if not higher) to-hit.
>>
>>52824548
All I'm saying is according to the game torture makes you evil, and taking away my drug after getting me addicted to it is torture. If you want to infer a whole bunch of other stuff go ahead, I just want stories.
>>
>>52824456
Unconscious creatures are willing.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/

>Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing, but a character who is conscious but immobile or helpless (such as one who is bound, cowering, grappling, paralyzed, pinned, or stunned) is not automatically willing.

How will YOU be Tailful Polymorphing everyone?
>>
>>52824557
>Verschlimmbesserung
Are you German or is that word actually making it into international use now?
>>
>>52824575
>he thinks Chaikaposter is the master of the cabal

Yeah, but they don't even control the level 2 omega cabal
>>
>>52824580
>I ran up, snatched a vial of coke away from a vendor, ran off, and snorted it
>Vendor is now responsible for my addiction
>It's vendor's fault and society's fault I'm addicted to crack
>Stingy bastards won't let me have more crack
>>
>>52824473
It's been revealed who the Chaikaposter is already you twit..
>>
>>52824603
CHAIKAPOSTER ISN'T EVEN PART OF THE CABAL

I hear they're friends with certain other anons though
>>
>>52824577
See that's a great point to bring up, not the garbage you started with. A Slayer would kick a cantrip-using Magus's ass at TWF. And since the comparison is already starting at TWF-analogues, I'd wager so would an unchained Monk, or a Barbarian/Bloodrager doing one of their natural-attack focused builds.
>>
File: 1455431993068.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1455431993068.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>52824591
It's not rape if she's unconscious.
AWWW YEAH.
>>
>>52824658
I'm not the chucklefuck who compared a blank slate "all I have is TWF and nothing else" to a Magus who's using a bunch of his daily resources.
>>
>>52824664

That is a very large pregnant woman.
>>
File: 58429861_p0.png (2MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
58429861_p0.png
2MB, 1414x2000px
>>52824600
I'm German and thought this word was too appropriate here not to use it, or is there an adequate English translation?
>>
>>52824681
Good thing you didn't descend into dumbfuck assumptions that didn't make sense in context to start with yourself, right?
>>
>>52824607
Exactly.

Well it's more like they gave me and someone else coke for free, and then the other guy yelled about how he didn't like his coke so now no one gets any and I can't afford my own coke because I don't have a job even though I'm really trying to get one to feed my coke addiction but no-one is hiring hobos so I just have to sit in my cardboard box, coke-less, hoping some kind stranger will come by and offer me some coke so I can feel alive again, even if only for a single short moment, followed by the crushing despair of realizing that I will never obtain coke on my own and thus live in my box forever, alone.
>>
Has anyone played DHB's initiating class? Is it any good? Is it affiliated with DSP?
>>
>>52824719
Sounds like the solution is to kill yourself.
>>
>>52824729
>I'd hate to be caught using 3rd-party-to-3rd-party material!
>>
File: 02 - H6hciOw.jpg (40KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
02 - H6hciOw.jpg
40KB, 712x712px
>>52824757
>>
>>52824715
the fuck are you on about
>>
>>52824701
It's Mother Earth/Mother Nature, from a piece of artwork from Dragon's Crown. It's quite fitting.
>>
File: 1459501509008.jpg (36KB, 478x598px) Image search: [Google]
1459501509008.jpg
36KB, 478x598px
>>52824757
Think of the balance problems you'd encounter! What if it introduced something that made Path of War broken as fuck and require all kinds of extra GM accommodation to run in a game, somehow???
>>
>>52824754
Nah I actually have a pretty great DM and just want to hear stories about the characters I like and I don't know a way to say "I enjoy your stories and want to hear more about them" other than posting here.

I'm really just having fun with this but the lighter tone keeps going over your head somehow so I have to keep saying something hoping you catch on or else it's kind of awkward.
>>
>>52824820
Then go and suck their dick on the discord. Just keep that shit out of here.
>>
>>52824846
Nah, sorry.
>>
>>52824777
>>52824757
>>52824805
Wait so is it bad?
>>
New Thread
>>52824867
>>52824867
>>52824867
>>52824867
>>52824867
>>52824867
>>
>>52824846
You're a cranky fuck ain'tcha
>>
>>52824869
PAGE 5
>>
>>52822450
Got RotJR coming up and my Sunday morning/night games are finally off hiatus!
>>
>>52824868
No, it's basically nothing to do with the thing being asked about. The joke is that whatever it is, it can't hurt anything's balance, or gain any legitimacy for being affiliated with the people who made the source material, because it's already PoW. This isn't true obviously. There's always a worse you can go.
>>
>>52824887
Page 6 you mean.
>>
>>52824926
no, we were on page 5 when it binged up

Fucking hell i hate this
>>
>>52824703
Depends, can you break down for us what your crazy kraut word means? I know German is filled with hyper-compounded words, so there may just be a simpler english equivilent
>>
>>52824719
Do what the rest of us are doing, get it fresh from them on IRC or Discord
>>
>>52824869
>>52824887
>>52824926
>>52824940
If ya'll let it die, I'll make a new one for you on page 8, one that isn't inappropriately weeb
>>
>>52824973
We won't

we're retarded
>>
>>52824719
Sounds like you need to go find Chaikanon and get them fresh off the press
>>
>>52822956
Everyone in HR is too pure for that. All blushes and headpats.
>>
>>52825020
I want something ELSE from Chaikanon, if ya know what I mean
>>
>>52824701
you're welcome
>>
>>52825116
Well, what is it?
>>
>>52825254
I want them to shower me in their thick, delicious homebrew and have me ensorcelled and surrounded by their hilarious meme characters
>>
Is Privateer worth it at all for a Desperado Warlord? I want to make a gun slinging initiator but giving up gambit maneuver recovery seems huge.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.