[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 471
Thread images: 61

File: 62470648_p0.png (658KB, 864x1208px) Image search: [Google]
62470648_p0.png
658KB, 864x1208px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why don't your characters use reach weapons very often? Tell us about the ones who do.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52780582
>>
File: 1478540942237.jpg (650KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1478540942237.jpg
650KB, 2480x3508px
>>52787575
>Why don't your characters use reach weapons very often?
Reach weapons are two-handed and I like to play casters. If I'm not though then I use polearms..
>>
My current app is using TWO reach weapons.

Which begs the following question, since Fiend Grip has the reach feature, does that mean I can't use it in melee?
>>
>>52787661
It says that you can attack and threaten adjacent enemies with it in the description.
>>
How should I prioritize my ability scores as a PoW warlord? As a human with 20 pb I feel like I'm ending up a little imbalanced, is 16 good enough for str/cha if I'm using a two-hander?
>>
>>52787700
15+2 STR 10 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 8 WIS 16 CHA
Switching strength to 14+2 and Wis to 10 does the trick too, although it's sometimes a matter of preference.
>>
If you play a vigilante is it assumed the other PC's know his secret identity?
>>
>>52787719
Alright, that's about what I had, thanks. For some reason it never occurs to me to go for a 17 or a 19 at chargen, I guess my autism flares up when I see uneven numbers on my sheet.
>>
>>52787752
That's up to the individual player and the GM.
>>
>>52787752
Welcome to why reason #1 vigilante is a shit class conceptually.

The answer is "talk with your group".
>>
>>52787752
Perhaps not at first, but it's safe to assume after a couple of episodes he revealed who he is to his partners. Or you could get rid of all doubt and just have your vigilante reveal his identity in the first episode.
>>
File: 15415315.jpg (128KB, 1280x548px) Image search: [Google]
15415315.jpg
128KB, 1280x548px
Starfinder is coming! The details of the Iconics have already been listed, alongside details on the setting and crunch!

Tell me all about the characters you want to play, the races you want to construct, the governments and corporations you want to found!

More Information Here:
>>52786673
>>52786275
>>
>>52787781
I want to play a paladin equipped with enchanted power armor and wielding a holy plasma cannon.
>>
File: 1477982648778.jpg (385KB, 894x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1477982648778.jpg
385KB, 894x1153px
>>52787781
Interested in exactly none of the classes except the mechanics and that's only to port back into Pathfinder.
>>
File: Magitech Soldiers.png (306KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Magitech Soldiers.png
306KB, 500x283px
>>52787805
I meant the Mechanic as in the class, obviously.Oh and rules for usable power armor and tech stuff. Everything else about the setting I can care less about.
>>
>>52787834
>Everything else about the setting I can care less about.

But anon, it's got quirky rats and gender politics!

Why don't you want those?
>>
>>52787841
I hate ratfolk/most animal races. I don't really see any gender politics aside from /pol/ anons screeching about LGBQWTFBBQ and brown people again.
>>
>>52787873

What animal races do you not hate?
>>
Where would a switch-hitter carry a polearm like a berdiche, guisarme, or a halberd? What about in the middle of combat?
>>
>>52787877
Lizardfolk, Vanara, and Tengu.
>>
Is there a DSP Lamia class? Does it gestalt well with Oracle?
>>
File: jiangwei.jpg (91KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
jiangwei.jpg
91KB, 500x625px
>>52787575
Don't assume my weapon qualities, anon!
>>
>>52787971
There is a Lamia Commoner homebrew race, which is is a snek.
>>
File: mfw meleefags.jpg (51KB, 720x811px) Image search: [Google]
mfw meleefags.jpg
51KB, 720x811px
Who needs a reach weapon when I can fucking nuke anything within a thousand feet of me.
>>
>>52787805
I dunno, Solarion has potential to be a cool aegis+soulknife combo.
>>
>>52788022

Holy shit! Is this a motherfucking JOJO REFERENCE?!
>>
>>52788032
Eh, don't really care for the drawing on Starstuff stuff and if it gets spells it's going to be vancian shit. It took DSP two tries to get the soul-knife right, I don't have hope for Paizo.
>>
>>52788064
Well it's an image taken from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. So yes?
>>
>>52788011
Im not sure that will keep up in Overlewd. Isn't it considered pretty weak mechanically?
>>
File: 1235123.png (123KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1235123.png
123KB, 243x243px
Hey guys. It's Wednesday. Blingmaker apps have closed, and the culling begins.
>>
>>52788095
First, GMs are unlikely to pick PCs that are going to give them a ton of trouble.
Second, GESTALT. You can get powerful without too much work.
>>
>>52788095
hell if I know, I never looked at it before, I just know it was a thing
>>
>>52788143
Good luck to everyone!
>>
File: ITS TIME 4 「HEAVEN」.jpg (327KB, 751x819px) Image search: [Google]
ITS TIME 4 「HEAVEN」.jpg
327KB, 751x819px
>>52788143
>tfw Overlewd closes this dark,dark era will finally come to an end.
>>
>>52788143
DM is waiting until sunday to review, and picks will come out on monday/tuesday
>>
>>52788143

What's the point? Nugget Man was withdrawn and everyone else is poop.
>>
>>52788263
>Nugget Man was withdrawn
What? Why? When? You better not be flimflaming me!
>>
>>52788237
There will be another...
And another...
And another, still...
>>
>>52788280

DHB realized he was already stuffed with games, and decided to bow out rather than run the risk of getting in.
>>
>>52788301
I see his app now. Damn. That's disheartening.

>Withdrawing application due to time constraints.

I'll pour a shot out for him. You were too beautiful for this world, lil' nuggie.
>>
>>52788237
Thats what they said about PLD
>>
>>52788286
>There will be another...
There may be one more since one guy asked about interest in saving dragons. After that. We're fucking done.
>>
>>52788332
Horizon game
FE game
Holy Grail War game
>>
>>52788322
Hopefully the GM will bring him back in as an NPC, or let someone take him as a cohort/follower. Just some guy who hangs out around the castle/village and hawks his wares.

Our very own Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler!
>>
>>52788263
Good riddance.
>>
>>52788355
I don't know what those first two are and I don't think HGW is open app or happening at all.
>>
>>52788355

Personally, I would drop a current game I'm in to have a good Druma campaign.

I grew up here on Tales of an Industrious Rogue, and I mean to follow in those footsteps.
>>
File: Flesh Pounder Linux.png (184KB, 641x740px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh Pounder Linux.png
184KB, 641x740px
>>52788376
>>52788355
>Horzine game
How hard would it be to translate Killing Floor to PF?
>>
>>52788332
Why are you so interested in kicking out the games
>>
>>52788608

Well, for one thing, you'd need to raise WBL to properly reflect the DOSH.
>>
>>52788612
I'm sick of all the circle jerking, salt, namefag worshipping, etc.
>>
>>52788612

Anon, it's no coincidence that the threads have been at the most normal they've ever been right at the time one game's winding down and another's sinking under the radar.
>>
If it seemed like a viable option to make some cash in your downtime, would your character become a gigolo or breeding stud?
Surely a hero of your PC's caliber would be quite popular, especially if they had some powerful or heroic traits to pass on.
>>
>>52788633
>>52788650
I mean I hate that stuff too but I kind of like the games
>>
>>52788654
Depends on the app, honestly. I have ones who'd be all "You want to give me money to let me fuck you? OH BALLS YES!" to "Don't touch me you filthy casual."
>>
>>52787575
>Why don't your characters use reach weapons very often? Tell us about the ones who do.
I actually homebrewed a system for making reach weapons more effective. I'd love to get opinions on it:
https://pastebin.com/zUGVAmbf
>>
So I'm getting my thoughts in order as I prepare to set in on finishing the Unchained Wizard. I'll detail here all their class features:
>BaB/Saves
Unchanged

>Proficiencies
Unchanged except that a wizard automatically gains proficiency in a weapon he has as a bonded object.

>Arcane Breakthrough
This replaces Arcane Discoveries and is put into two main categories being Legendary Spells and Arcane Discoveries. Legendary Spells are spell removed from the normal spell list and essentially put behind a wall of specialization (such as requiring feats). Arcane Breakthroughs are received at 1st level, 2nd level, and every 2 levels there after. The goal of Arcane Breakthroughs is to force wizards to specialize so that "Illusionist" and "Diviner" actually mean something. Many Arcane Discoveries have been moved over as talents, but not all have translated due to them being weak/limited in scope.

The other goal is to limited the access to game warping spells, such as Teleport. Other spells have been removed entirely, such as Blood Money, and rebalanced as a weaker version for a Legendary Spell.

>Bonded Object
Replacing Arcane Bond with Familiar being moved to a Arcane Breakthrough as the Arcane Discovery "Summon Familiar" (meaning you can spend a talent to get a familiar to have both). Bonded object has changed in a few ways to now be any of the following one handed weapon (automatically gaining proficiency with said weapon), staff, rod, wand, amulet, ring, mask, piercing.

(1/2)
>>
>>52788654
He's a shabby looking, charisma 8 hungry skeleton. If some random chick tried that he'd probably think it's some kind of trick.

He's also not a hero by any stretch of the imagination. He's still firmly in the "scrub" range.
>>
>>52788747
>Scribe Scroll
Unchanged, they still just get scribe scroll as a bonus feat.

>Bonus Feats
Removed and replaced with the Arcane Breakthroughs.

>Arcane Energy
A pool of points equal to the wizard's level + his intelligence modifier, refilling each day along with spell slots. This pool is spent on the following things Preparing Legendary Spells, Preparing Spells from Opposition Schools, Empowering School Powers.

>Arcane School
Changed so that a wizard gains more school powers. Universalist has been removed. At 1st level there are three school powers to choose from, the wizard gaining 2, at 3rd level there are three powers to choose from, the wizard gaining 1 (and able to choose the remaining 1st level power if he so chooses), two more powers becoming available at 7th level, the wizard gaining an additional 1, and a capstone power available at 13th level, the wizard gaining one more. Meaning at 13th level a wizard now has 4 total school powers. An Arcane Discovery to gain an additional school power has also been added.

Using Arcane Energy a wizard can empower a school power in order to push his equivalent level when using it higher by an amount based on the Arcane Energy spent.

As well one's choice of Arcane School also is more costly. When a wizard chooses his school he chooses two banned schools and two opposition schools. One can upgrade a banned school to an opposition and an opposition to a primary through an Arcane breakthrough, much as Opposition Research now exists.

(2/???)
>>
>>52788661

They're sweet, aye, but it's impossible to control the volume. I'd rather have the occasional greentext than the thread blown open with constant cuteposting.
>>
>>52788766
>Goal of Unchained Wizard
Overall the goal of the Unchained Wizard is to make specialization as a wizard have meaning. In the Unchained Wizard to get the highest end iconic spells, such as Teleport, Create Demi-plane, Phantasmal Killer, Contact Other Plane, a wizard is forced to specialize in that school spending their Arcane breakthroughs on them. This means sacrificing generalization in not upgrading their banned and opposition schools. As well this means he can't simply grab the high end spells of everything, as each are behind prerequisites (such as Teleport being required for Greater Teleport, and Teleport requiring Spell Focus (Conjuration)). Their limited resources forces a choice and emphasized the differences between a Transmuter and a Diviner.

(3/3)
>>
>>52788787
Create Demiplane really isn't that broken, considering the need for Permanancy for EVERY single enlargement and the fact that you really can't pull much off with Create Demiplane to significantly affect the plot.
>>
>>52788654
I'd only accept nobility, so I can corrupt as many bloodlines of importance as possible.
>>
>>52788766
>Spell Slots
Dropped.
>>52788787
Though out of curiosity. What are the Legendary Spells for not so powerful schools like say Evocation or Necromancy?
>>
>>52788654

What kind of scenario are you talking about? The mighty hero breeding the tribal princess is a fairly common trope, and one I'd be down to do, but a local count suggesting you get busy with a writ that allows "marriage" with as many women as you can handle seems... Sleazy.

Wait, you just said we're getting paid for this, so just what the hell are you suggesting?
>>
>>52788633
>>52788650
I just like watching reviewanons do their thing, desu
>>
>>52788818
Probably something like a boosted PWK.

>>52788766
>spell slots
Just get rid of the slots and make them semispontaneous casters (meaning get rid of sorcerer, who the hell actually players Sorcs anyway) if you're going to make arcane energy a thing.
As it stands a level 1 Wizard with 20 INT can prepare as many opposition spells as he has spells in total which makes it pointless.
>>
>>52788830

I do too, but a tenth of a fun thread does not justify the rest of it being vapid posting about underwear and which girl has the best butt It's Lameeka, obviously.
>>
>>52788650
It's only the memegames that generate unreasonably huge amounts of discussion, most of which is still centered around older games like RotJR. Even without new games, RotJR will still be memed to no end.

Games like Shardwalkers create sparse, civil discussion and thus are positive influences.
>>
>>52788824
I'm assuming it's less local count giving you free reign and more like the local countess saying "You know, me and my daughter could use a good, strong father to give the next generation of our house some advantages..."
>>
File: 1462836433510.png (115KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462836433510.png
115KB, 400x400px
>>52788747
>>52788766
>>52788787
Correct me if I'm reading this wrong but is this just a straight nerf?
>>
>>52788878
That doesn't make sense. Unless you're dragonkin or a sorcerer or something your kid doesn't get any of your PC powers, and laying with some random hobo adventurer when unmarried would damage their political prestige so much (a countess IS a major noble, second only to dukes and kings) that any +1 STR would hardly be worth it. Marrying one makes even less sense unless they did some level 15 shit, and even then, it wouldn't be 'working as a gigolo'.
>>
>>52788654
I've read that hentai anon, you can't trick me
>>
>>52788806
Legendary Spells are not only campaign warping but also iconic spells.

>>52788818
>Though out of curiosity. What are the Legendary Spells for not so powerful schools like say Evocation or Necromancy?
Necromancy has a few examples off the top of my head like Animate Dead and Speak with Dead. Restore Corpse, Sculpt Corpse, and Decompose Corpse were combined into a single one for their 1st level Legendary Spell.

Evocation's the hardest and has to go through some upgrades in order to make them on par with other Legendary Spells, it has two 1st level ones, a beefed up Floating Disk and Magic Missile. Others include Contact Entity, Explosive Runes, and Sending.

>>52788854
>As it stands a level 1 Wizard with 20 INT can prepare as many opposition spells as he has spells in total which makes it pointless.
The Arcane Energy scales worse than levels, a wizard will feel he has the most at level 1 but spell slots grow in number much faster than one's level. Personally I am ok with at 1st level wizards being at their most general before they start pushing into high end things.

A 5th level 22 Int wizard will have 11 spell slots a number of Legendary Spells (3 if he spent all his Breakthroughs on them or more if he spent feats to get more Breakthroughs). Meaning he has to make a decision between prepping Legendary Spells, Opposition Spells, or having enough to empower School Powers.
>>
>>52788877

I guarantee memeposting about RotJR will draw to a close around the same time all the meme topics actually get concluded in the campaign.

Seht and Onryou fucking, Valeriya getting busy with Casimir, there's some others but if I recall they're RotRL specific.
>>
>>52788882
Yes, it is essentially nerfs across the board.
>>
>>52788877
It doesn't seem like any game but RotJR even stays topical after closing.
>>
>>52788937
>animate dead
>Legendary
u wot
>>
>>52788945
I'm actually assuming that memeposting will continue, but the game won't.

I mean, after all--the players are only in it for the memes, so they're going to get bored and flake off once they've cemented a reputation as "that celeb-PC who banged that other celeb-PC".
>>
>>52788945
>implying

>>52788874
I'd rather have a tenth of a fun thread than a whole thread of nothing but empty, vapid bitching about "old pfg was better" and "reeeee animeposter/dueling threadposter"
>>
>>52788878

Countess wouldn't do something like that. Tribal chieftain? You can convince me. But a Countess has a duty to her name as much as her lineage, and ruining that by having a bastard won't end well for anyone.

This is just saying you need to get a bit more primal with the people who want a hero's seed. Go for barbarian women, that's a classic.
>>
>>52788877
Don't forget Overlewd which unironically has my favorite /pfg/ app ever
>>
>>52788937
>Legendary Spells are not only campaign warping but also iconic spells.

This seems strange to me, and reads essentially as 'you have to choose between casting fun spells and casting powerful spells'.
Can you elaborate?

I'm also not sold on Spell Focus as a feat tax. I would prefer abilities that feel meaningful to get even if they might not have a big mechanical impact (such as cantrip equivalents).
Consider folding in a bonus themed cantrip into each Spell Focus feat?
>>
>>52788995
DHB hates Wizards
>>
>>52788937
But that means I have to spend what amounts to a feat to do things that aren't even actually powerful enough to warrant being locked behind a feat, it's fighter's feat tax all over again - there's plenty of cool shit but there's just things you actually need to have to be effective.
>>
>>52788747
>>52788766
>>52788787
I could see it working and it actually sounds like a decent fix all around with some fine tuning of numbers and so on, but it faces the same problem every other fix of this type does in that why would someone bother with all this work instead of just playing a different game?
>>
>>52787781
If Starfinder is just the Pathfinder rules refluffed then it deserves to fail.
>>
File: 2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg (19KB, 282x322px) Image search: [Google]
2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg
19KB, 282x322px
>>52788970
>I mean, after all--the players are only in it for the memes, so they're going to get bored and flake off once they've cemented a reputation as "that celeb-PC who banged that other celeb-PC".

[Citation Needed]
>>
>>52789020
>things that aren't even actually powerful enough to warrant being locked behind a feat
I mean, I think his necromancy example might be bad, but something like teleport is absolutely powerful enough to warrent being locked behind a feat.
>>
>>52788698
>stupidly enormous reach weapons

top kek
>>
>>52789047
Celebrity always goes to your head, anon.
I don't give a shit what they're saying to each other, it always ends the same way. Someone gets offended, or someone's ego gets too big, or someone gets designated as the team bitch and decides they're sick of it.

In the end, they'll break up before they hit Jade Regent's second book, third at the outside. And if it's not like that, it's going to just degenerate into "comfy" bullshit.
>>
>>52789048
I'm not disputing Teleportation, I'm not even disputing Create Demiplane since that's at least flavor-wise basically Wish tier.
I'm trying to figure out how a buffed version of Tenser's Floating Disk can POSSIBLY deserve a feat.
>>
>>52788964
I would consider Animate Dead as a spell that often changes campaigns with its usage.

>>52788995
>>52789003
I did not phrase myself correctly. Iconic spell that are not on par with other Legendary Spells would not be kept as they are. An example being Magic Missile. It is not on par with other 1st level Legendary Spells and thus would receive an upgrade.

Many Evocation spells are receiving this treatment.

>>52789020
>>52788995
So to speak to concerns on the feat tax I have also considered the following:
>Spell prerequisites
Essentially in order to get Teleport you need to already know Dimension Door. Remove feats as prerequisites and make them spell prerequisites instead.

>>52789022
The same reason any of us play pathfinder.

>>52789020
To speak to things you need to be effective. I think Legendary Spells should be a mixture of effective and cool. 1st level Legendary Spells are for the most part underwhelming because they're 1st level.

An example of a 2nd level Legendary Spell is Invisibility, a spell that is EXTREMELY powerful due to how it will often put you above someone who has invested skill points in stealth/point buy in dexterity, something with a higher opportunity cost than a talent equivalent.
>>
>>52788945
>Valeriya getting busy with Casimir
This one already happened, anon, and we just moved on to shipping Val with Sandru and Cas with loneliness.
>>
>>52789096
>I'm trying to figure out how a buffed version of Tenser's Floating Disk can POSSIBLY deserve a feat.
The issue is the 1st level Legendary Spells are for the most part pretty Underwhelming.

I have considered not making any 1st level spell Legendary, which would mean a wizard would be free to spend their 1st and 2nd level Breakthroughs on things like Opposition Research, Summon Familiar, Extra School Power, a ported over Arcane Discovery, etc.
>>
>>52787924
So you're a filthy weeb AND a furry, but don't have the decency to fuck with fox waifus.

You disgust me.
>>
>>52789181
I like those races partially because everyone is clamoring to fuck them outside the hot monkey dick memes.
>>
>>52788237
This dark era of people who are not you getting into games?

Because the shitposting will never stop.
>>
>>52789154
The thing is that Legendary Spells, the way you're describing them, are more like capstone abilities. Greater Teleportation is THE most powerful movement spell short of Plane Shift which nobody uses. Create Demiplane is a hair short of divine territory. Invisibility combined with a silencing spell of some sort completely invalidates stealth builds short of an AMF. Prismatic Wall is an extremely powerful barrier. Explosive Runes are potent in every use you can think of for them.
Tenser's Floating Disk+ just...doesn't work as a capstone. Anyone who takes it as a Legendary spell is ramming himself in the ass.
>>
>>52789206
ISN'T GLAMORING to fuck them outside of the hot monkey dick memes.
>>
>>52788787
>>52788766
>>52788747
wtf, why would you just nerf a class into the ground? I knew you were a hack but god damn.
>>
>>52789130
I think you should leave Animate Dead as a normal spell but have a buffed version of Animate Dead as legendary. The ability to raise a person as a Morgh or Dread Wraith Sovereign is certainly enough to merit being Legendary.
>>
>>52789211
>Because the shitposting will never stop.
A man can dream, right?
>>
>>52789229
DHB is in the "Wizards are broken as fuck" camp, and he's not really wrong.
>>
>>52789130
Is Fireball legendary now
>>
>>52789229
Wizards. As they are now are
>not fun to play
>hard to play
>broken when you play them correctly
>>
>>52789219
>Tenser's Floating Disk+ just...doesn't work as a capstone. Anyone who takes it as a Legendary spell is ramming himself in the ass.
I agree for the most part and this is why I have struggled with the 1st level Legendary Spells and have considered their removal. Legendary Spells would then start with 2nd level spells which do have plenty of Legendary candidates.

>>52789244
I do not believe the ability to raise a Morgh under your control (unlike Create Undead which are uncontrolled) should be an ability players have access to under any circumstances. Having a large number of skeletal and zombie servants does change many campaigns and many individual's play style.

>>52789274
No. Delayed Blast Fireball is one I considered however. As I said Evocation is the hardest as they have the smallest number of Legendary candidates.
>>
>>52788747
Okay pause.

Why would I take this instead of a) forcing specialization on a Wizard or b) forcing everyone to play School Specialist Arcanists instead?

What does this do that those don't, outside of banning problem spells and shuffling around certain downtime game changers? What does this do to make Vancian less annoying bullshit?

Adding feat taxes isn't going to remove the damn caster/martial disparity. You either straight remove the spells, gate them as rituals everyone of X level can use, or stop playing before they come online.
>>
>>52787780
The official rule is that one ally per season learns about your secret identity, and has to spend at least three episodes complaining about everything they have to do to help you keep your secret.
>>
>>52788984
Let me snooze, ruse ooze!
>>
>>52789286
>not fun to play
???
>>
>>52788984
Aren't you loose, goose sluice?
>>
>>52789330
Vancian is shit
Prepared casting is shit from a fun standpoint, but strong from a purely mechanical standpoint.
>>
>>52789299
Isn't there a pretty low limit on the actual number of HD undead you can keep control of at any point?

>>52789343
Just houserule them into having infinite spontaneous casting :^)
>>
File: Black Mage.jpg (166KB, 839x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Black Mage.jpg
166KB, 839x1079px
>>52789286
>not fun to play
Completely subjective. I have a shitload of fun playing wizards.

Hard to play I'll give you - they're complex as hell.

But you're going to have to define "Correctly" because you're 1/3, with the third being vague as shit.
>>
>>52789305
>Why would I take this instead of a) forcing specialization on a Wizard or
This is what it sets out to do.

>b) forcing everyone to play School Specialist Arcanists instead?
Enforce specialization through class features, more than anything.

>What does this do to make Vancian less annoying bullshit?
Unfortunately for people who can't handle spell preparation as part of play this can't be changed without removing the fact wizards are prepared casters, which would change their class to the point they are no longer wizards.

I am attempting more than to rewrite the magic system to reign in wizard's ability to abuse it.

>Adding feat taxes isn't going to remove the damn caster/martial disparity. You either straight remove the spells, gate them as rituals everyone of X level can use, or stop playing before they come online.
It limits what they have and when so that a 'silver bullet' wizard can't exist due to not having the resources to have a solution for every scenario.
>>
>>52789343
I have plenty of fun playing as a Wizard though.
>>
>>52789229
The UC Wizard is a project that DHB clearly has a hard-on for. It never gets the kind of attention that his unshackled martials did and is constantly subject to responses about the fact that this problem is largely solved if you stick to things like SoP or classes with smaller, thematic spell lists like the beguiler. But regardless of the response, DHB will soldier on to push his anti-wizard agenda with over-complicated subsystems like legendary spells that require so much bookkeeping that nobody will ever use them.
>>
>>52789347
>Isn't there a pretty low limit on the actual number of HD undead you can keep control of at any point?
It is your HD multiplied by 4, which is a significant amount of undead.
>>
>>52789371
I mean
Here's the thing, unchained martials are unchained. "Un"chained Wizards are just covered in chains.
>>
>>52789371
I don't believe it really has that much more book keeping than an alchemist keeping track of his Discoveries.

I will agree however that Arcane Energy and how it interact with one's ability to prepare spells is more complicated, but not more so than say keeping track of a Bard's performance rounds.

However Prepared Casting + Arcane Energy + Legendary Spells together up the complexity of the wizard, already the fourth most complicated class.

>>52789389
Unchained is not meant to be always upgrades, it is more meant as an attempt of balancing classes with one another.
>>
>>52789371
To be fair DHB seems to be trying to actually fix the Wizard instead of saying "just play SoP" or "just play some other class". SoP Wizards still get infinite casts, after all, and are significantly worse in their utility and random bullshit spells.
>>
>>52789426
yeah but see
Unchained fighters are actually unchained. It's as if they've thrown off the shackles that bound them.
This is more like chaining the wizard down.
I've always insisted that the way to fix martial-caster disparity isn't to nerf casters, you just need to give martials actual shit to do outside of combat.
>>
tbqh, I like how Jolly handled 7th and 8th level spells for the caster vigilantes, and would be tempted to just run a world where the "big" casters would just be those, albeit all with the Exposed archetype. You wanna be a big bad wizard guy? Congratulations, go pick Warlock with magical limit break. Here's a houserule talent to cover the fact that your DCs will be reduced somewhat, go nuts.
>>
>>52789449
I would disagree. What should occur is martial coming up and casters coming down to meet in the middle. A fighter should not be as powerful as a wizard as a wizard has abilities that should not be in the hands of players with that ease/regularity.

It should be a step up on one side and a step down in the other.
>>
>>52789502
And that's where we fall apart, good day sir.
>>
>>52788322
>>52788359
>>52788301
>>52788280
>>52788263
... You ever get the feeling that DHB purposefully lies when he gets an application that somehow actually gets popular (Dragon-Paladin, Nuggetman, etc) just to avoid actually being chosen, and that his app for LoBaF was a fluke that he can't back out of now? It seems too suspicious that he suddenly "has time constraints" this time and that he "never had Wednesday available" for RotRK.
>>
>>52789527

It's easy to get the jitters when you think your app might actually make it, because behind all the glamor and glitz is a game that *actually* needs playing.
>>
>>52789250
No dreams, only thirst.

>>52789286
The first two are true and this homebrew seems to do nothing to fix that. Wizards are the WORST of the Big Three and nobody gets that because they only hear the hearsay of theory op jerking furiously to high op Wizards.

The thing is, Wizards have to be high op or they're that useless fucker who preps five Magic Missiles and can't do shit else all day. They have the worst everything: saves, BAB, armor, weapons, casting style (hey ASF), version of prepared casting (limited, DM dependent list).

Their useful combat spells tend to end combats because they have nothing valuable to do in combat other than those spells. Shit, from 5 to level 12, it gets increasingly harder to actually clean up a combat like Sleep and Color Spray did. Most of your good spells are battlefield control that only mitigates threats instead of ending them; that causes static because the Wizard player doesn't coordinate and most people are idiots with no sense of tactics besides "I hit it".

By the time the Wizard turns high level martial play into a cruel joke, every full caster has. The Druid has had a better fighter than your Fighter for levels, and it's falling off now. The Cleric has had Planar Ally, early Plane Shift, and enough buffs to pretend it's still 3.5 while also having spells that trivialize death. The Sorcerer casters have most all the bullshit the Wizard would get anyway, but more often.
Remember: a Wizard gets two spells on level up. TWO. They have to hunt for the rest, and that is pure DM fiat until Teleport/Plane Shift come online.

A Wizard is only stupid good when given infinite time to collect spells, create contingencies, and minionmance (which Clerics, especially Void Clerics, do better).

Wizards are bad. For the game and in the game. Anyone who thinks they're unstoppable fuckmonsters has never actually played one.
>>
>>52789527
Not to disparage DHB as a person, but I did call it that Harland was a joke that'd get old really fast. DHB probably thought so too, and when push came to shove he thought "This isn't worth devoting time to now that something else is coming up."
>>
>>52789527
It's an interesting idea but I don't see why you'd think that. I have a pretty open schedule but I wouldn't want to be in more than one game a week just because I don't want to devote more than that, and I'd call that "time constraints" myself.

I like the theory enough to want to believe it though, so give me some conspiracy to work with.
>>
File: Etan in Minkai.jpg (568KB, 1920x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Etan in Minkai.jpg
568KB, 1920x1125px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What will your character do when he gets where he's going?
>>
>>52789564
Sure, but it also happened with a character that didn't have much glamor beyond "is a paladin who has a dragon for a sister". Part of this admittedly is me being salty that the OTHER dragon-rider got in despite being a dumber concept for Wrath of the Righteous,
DHBs was way better than hers.

>>52789587
That's fair.
>>52789606
Then why would he keep applying even after he got into LoBaF?
>>
>>52789622

Give his girl a smooch.
>>
>>52789082
To be fair, that can even happen in a completely private group.
Shit, I backed out of a game just because the GM decided I was the team bitch, and this was just some rando thing I applied to on Roll20 for kicks.
>You didn't make your attack roll, you jus a dumbazz fuccboi
>lel you're all so stupid, trying to talk to NPCs
>Oh look it's [famous character] and he's come just to call you all a bunch of bitches
>Wait, you're leaving? Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go on without our damage-dealer. Prick.
>Oh, what's this? We can all have your gear? Well that's fucking stupid, why would anyone do that? Just to be nice? Lol you a faggot!
I have no regrets.
>>
>>52789571
>Druid
>Cleric
>full caster
I maintain that CoDzilla is alive and well in PF. Clerics and Druids still have the old problem of "full caster with good BAB and saves who are basically martials and get all their spells FOR FREE". Hell they even use WIS as their fucking casting stat so they automatically get a massive Will save unlike Wizards who need a trillion INT and don't have the spare for WIS.
>>
>>52788747
Why make an unchained wizard when the more fun solutions are the wizard not existing and in its stead you have specialized casters like the Dread Necro and the Beguiler?
>>
>>52789649
I always thought Will as a save should use some sort of weighted average of your mental stats. Something like (highest x2 + other two) x0.25 or something. This way INT and CHA classes don't just eat shit for the save that WIS classes get without hinderance.
>>
>>52789641
GOD FUCK THIS, my first attempt to play this shitty game would have been my last if I didn't have friends who pulled through. I wanted to play a 6th-casting gish, but got talked into playing a Paladin because the random roll20 fags didn't have a fucker with healing OR "a martial". I spent four fucking sessions getting mercilessly mocked for being a Paladin, by the very people who fucking wanted me to play one, while they all fellated the fucking Staff Magus and Kineticist for being so dark and cool.
>>
>>52789690
The one thing 4e did well was that 2 stats could determine your base saves.
>>
>>52789286
They're fun to play for a lot of people, the main problem is that last bit- it's really frustrating that you can't play them to the hilt without being an asshole and ruining the game.
>>
>>52789707

Roll20 folk despise Paladins, I think it's because they're the heroes they want to be.
>>
>>52789361
Arcanists still exist. I don't need your suck as homebrew to tell players to force specialize or play a different class. The "silver bullet" style of Wizard is a meme that only remotely comes close to being true at double digits. It also isn't the problem with the class; removing a "silver bullet" means everyone gets eaten by werewolves. Or do you give classes Ghost Touch at 3, Resist Energy at 5, Fly at 6, GMW at 6, Scryong at 9, and planar travel by 11?

You can change preparation to not be annoying with a little lateral design thinking. You could cut spell slots and make the prepped spells at-will, since you're gating ritual spells. You could make swapping spells happen faster, like Quick Study. You could use the specialization slot as a wildcard for any spell of the chosen school the Wizard knows and can cast. Fuck, you could steal 5e's small list of Versatile Spellcasting slots and give Heighten for free, so low level shit stays relevant.

Why should I trust a homebrew class by you when you don't seem to know shit about the class you're designing for?
>>
>>52789707
>>52789641
I had that plus I was getting cucked out of the AP's storyline. I wondered, at first, why everything seemed to video game-ey and stupid when I'd heard good things about Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Turns out, the GM had cut almost everything. Half the encounters, even if they introduced major NPCs or added a bit of depth to the city, just gone. Practically everything that didn't directly further the main plot thread, gone. The best parts of the game? Gone.

What was in their place?
Trump jokes. Endless fucking political circlejerking. We'd end up wasting fully 20% of any session with the GM and other players wanking about politics. Another 20% to one player trying to make intricate "machiavellian" plans that all hinged on something he'd decided was true and wouldn't let anyone talk him out of. The other 60% was combat.
>>
>>52787776
Yeah it seems kind of hard to manage in a dungeon crawl where every time the dungeon comes up suddenly on friend disappears and the capped hero shows up

Though it does have the potential to be VERY cool if done just right. Have the actual masked part travel with them and fight with them, while the social identity is this offscreen benefactor, like an noble NPC would be in most games, supporting the party but not really able to actually help. Helps justify why the vigilantie has to disappear whenever they get in town, and why the social part is always found sitting around at home. Just wish it wasn't caught up in a system like pathfinder.
>>
File: Knight's Rage is building.gif (3MB, 217x264px) Image search: [Google]
Knight's Rage is building.gif
3MB, 217x264px
>>52789735
If I heard one more fucking Lay on (Yaoi) Hands joke I would have fucking lost it. Especially after spending two of those sessions in a fucking cave and not being able to do shit because "lmao you can't see anything". My currant group wonders why I obsessively build using races with access to darkvision, when it's all because the ONE TIME I PLAYED A HUMAN I got punished out the ass for it at every turn.

>>52789778
>I was getting cucked out of the AP's storyline

Christ that hurts just to think about, especially with CotCT. Of course, that's one AP I'd be really hype for playing if it wasn't for how I'm getting spoiled by hearing about it secondhand, since my GM is running it for another group.
>>
>>52789735
I think it's more a matter of wanting escapism. They're at that stage where they still get their jollies from choosing the "renegade/dark side" option in every situation, no matter how fucking stupid it is, because they see it as exercising freedom from rules and morals.

The ideas of restricting themselves, being subservient to some outside authority, or being religiously-oriented (they're also at the "fuck you mom for making me go to church" stage, usually), these all make them angry.

If they're smart, they'll eventually come around to realize that maybe it's not that bad to be Lawful, Good, or Lawful Good. They'll find ways to be part of a team rather than seeing every other PC as competing with them for resources. But I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>52789778
So this...is the power... of r20 randoms...

>>52789740
The thing about Silver Bullet Wizards is that they're still largely theoretical. Out of combat, Wizards can solve any problem...provided they actually prepared the spells in question, which is hardly guarenteed. If they're in combat, they're actually worse than a lot of other classes.
>>
>>52789858
>>52789778
Maybe because my GM was becoming increasingly disillusioned with PF as we were playing it, but I STILL don't see the big fucking fuss over CoCT at all.

All my best memories of that campaign had nothing to do with the AP's plot itself but shit involving the other PC backstories.
>>
>>52789873
N-NANI?
>>
>>52789638
But you left her to get Eiffel Towered by trolls!
>>
>>52789869
>If they're smart, they'll eventually come around to realize that maybe it's not that bad to be Lawful, Good, or Lawful Good.
You're focusing on the wrong thing here. The problem is "exercising freedom from rules and morals". They're literally not exercising freedom from rules and morals, in fact they're more imprisoned than most people. Most people follow rules and obey morality "naturally", not because they're forced to or because the rules exist.
For these guys they act edgy and pull random, nonsensical, completely meaningless 'evil' for the sole reason they're not supposed to, keeping the rules ever in mind.
Escaping from morality doesn't mean that, it means you just stop caring altogether and do whatever actually suits your goals, which yo have an actual well-thought-out reasoning for.
>>
>>52789858
I've always wanted to play an omnisexual Paladin who makes lay on hand jokes forever.
>>
>>52789903
She can get another smooch after! She's toughened up because of troll regeneration being part of her now
>>
>>52789903

That's not my character, anon!
>>
>>52789800
Thinking about it, doesn't the vigilante serve as the perfect class for a DMPC if you're going to do it that way? They can help at least a little in the regular combat and adventuring parts, can stay off screen whenever you don't need them with the justification that they're doing social stuff, and can swoop in at a moments notice because thats how they work.
>>
>>52789890
See, you had a good time with that because your group probably had decent backstories to work with, and a GM who was willing to help people use them.

CotCT is good as APs go, but that's not saying much. The problem is that my group had thrown out all the meat of CotCT's story and setting (and the city setting is really the better thing there) and had replaced it with fucking nothing.

Every PC except mine had just kind of congealed off the walls. My character's backstory never came up because the GM ignored it. Another PC's backstory came up once, as an excuse to let the GM move us along to the next dungeon. Everyone else was just...there.
>>
>>52789869
>Paladin fags this far up their ass
I wish I had saved my post about the real rason people hate Paladins. I might do a write up later, but this attitude of "if you don't like Lawful alignments you must be an edgy teenage" is part of it.
>>
>>52789527
My reasoning for pulling Harland out is that my ideal for games is two a week, which I currently have on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The reason I pulled Twister Sister is due to the game being on Wednesday and me already having a game on Wednesday.

Unfortunately working more than full time I don't have much time for games. Currently I have a fair amount of free time due to being between teams, but that's limited.

>>52789740
> It also isn't the problem with the class; removing a "silver bullet" means everyone gets eaten by werewolves.
I try and give individuals things of equivalent usefulness. The problem is not a wizard having a silver bullet, it is having the silver bullet and garlic cloves and rowan wood and wooden stakes and polished mirror. What the goal is that wizards should have his silver bullet and garlic clove while he has to rely on others for their part.

>You can change preparation to not be annoying with a little lateral design thinking.
As I see it the wizard's complexity already bars many from playing, adding Arcane Energy does not make them more complex to the point of barring those who already play the class.

>You could cut spell slots and make the prepped spells at-will, since you're gating ritual spells.
I am not sure what you mean here by cut spell slots.

>You could make swapping spells happen faster, like Quick Study. You could use the specialization slot as a wildcard for any spell of the chosen school the Wizard knows and can cast. Fuck, you could steal 5e's small list of Versatile Spellcasting slots and give Heighten for free, so low level shit stays relevant.
I am not sure how your suggestions here do anything to help balance the wizard among other classes.

>>52789873
>Out of combat, Wizards can solve any problem...provided they actually prepared the spells in question
The issue here however is that one will simply leave unprepared slots and spend 1 or 15 minutes preparing the required spell.
>>
File: 1445833605366.jpg (162KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1445833605366.jpg
162KB, 1440x810px
>>52789944
>Every PC except mine had just kind of congealed off the walls. My character's backstory never came up because the GM ignored it. Another PC's backstory came up once, as an excuse to let the GM move us along to the next dungeon. Everyone else was just...there.

>mfw you barrel into a Roll20 campaign with three paragraphs of backstory, and your party members include a "broody mage" and "Hey, I want to play."
>>
>>52789952
That's not the point.
I don't begrudge people for not playing Lawful or Good. I fucking hate people who go REEEEE when they even hear the words Lawful or Good.

It's not about sharing my philosophy, it's about not being such a fucking tool that you have to fight me over it.
>>
>>52789953
There's not even a guarentee the Wizard KNOWS the spells in question unlike Clerics and Druids. Most Wizards at level 20 know like, half or maybe a third, of the list at best.
>>
File: Chaika Shocking Part 2.jpg (28KB, 324x371px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika Shocking Part 2.jpg
28KB, 324x371px
>>52789890
I mean, everything about it that sounded cool to ME was the potential to set up shit involving PC backstories. It had a big clusterfuck of events and is apparently all set in the same city. It'd be a perfect chance to play a Vigilante straight. It'd be a great chance to explore being in the middle of a godawful plague. PC interactions are what make or break campaigns for me. Heck, in the game I'm in the AP itself isn't what's keeping me around, it's the GM's additions that are tailored around the party.

What will the Dhampir's half-sibling do now that her estranged, still-young-looking sister is alive and looking to revive their collapsed noble house? Why is the Draconic Sorceress so aloof in a crowd yet moody and irritable in private? When will my character's mother learn to STOP FUCKING TOUCHING MY SHIT WHILE I'M NOT HOME GOD DAMN.
>>
If a Warder has a higher dex mod than their INT can they use that to determine the number of AoO's they get through combat reflexes?
>>
>>52790021

Yes!
>>
>>52790021
Probably, but why would you put Dex that high as a Warder?
>>
>>52789961
This is why /pfg/ needs to keep running games
>>
>>52790033
Dervish Defender?
>>
File: 9ba38c365d889630f18ff1b737a3892a.jpg (401KB, 1080x1500px) Image search: [Google]
9ba38c365d889630f18ff1b737a3892a.jpg
401KB, 1080x1500px
https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4926789/

Wh-Why does Raine have an F-List profile for her character sheet?
>>
>>52790021

>The warder gains the Combat Reflexes feat as a bonus feat, using her Intelligence modifier in place of her Dexterity modifier to determine the number of additional attacks of opportunity she may make each round.

Oddly enough looks like strictly by RAW it would be no
>>
>>52790041

To be fair, I've met my fair share of amazing players too.
>>
>>52790045
Eh, I can see it. I just never thought of that as being as good an option.
>>
>>52789973
Knowing a third or half the list is more than enough to know most or all spells of relevance. May spells one does not need because situations they cover are covered by other spells.

One of the goals is that one can not simply scribe teleport into their spell book, but knowing teleport takes time/effort/training to wrap one's head around rather than simply spending 8 hours copying it over.

A wizard can easily cover all problems if he has any access to spells to copy over, which unless he exists in a setting without other wizard or spell book classes he can likely find most things in any large city.
>>
>>52789961
Honestly. I've played with Roll20 randos and maybe I got lucky but it wasn't that bad.

I had one great RotRL campaign and one boring KingMaker that I left less because of the group and more because Kingmaker is boring and another not too hot Wrath of the Righteous campaign.
>>
>>52790072

Which Wrath of the Righteous campaign did you join? I recall there were three of them at one point.
>>
>>52790072
It's usually very easy to detect "horror story" level bullshit from the /lfg/ page.
>>
>>52789952
Both sides of the coin are the problem here, anon. JJ's excuse for not having an actually good NG Paladin and no Paladin of Freedom is the perfect example of why Paladins are fucked.

>Paladin haters only see the stereotype
>Paladin baddies ONLY play to the stereotype and are very common
>Everyone suffers because the extremes are the ones yelling loudest
>>
>>52790048
>All the fave kinks are geared towards other PC apps
Okay, when I say we need more men applying for Overlewd, what I mean is more actual male characters and not just dick-delivery systems. Believable foils and comrades-in-arms, not fuckboys.
>>
>DHB is a garbage homebrewer and can't take a fucking hint that his ideas are absolute gutter tier
Color me fucking surprised, god damn is he insufferable. This "unchained" wizard shit is obviously just martial power wank wish fulfillment. No one would ever fucking touch it.
>>
>>52790054
When I began moving into r20 games from local, I was worried everyone I played with would be a better roleplayer than me and the standards set up by local players I'd known up until then.

I still haven't met a single strong roleplayer on r20. About 50/50 on people even good on the mechanical side.
>>
>>52790083
Uh. This was a few years ago. Recruited around Christmas of '14 irrc.
>>
Longswords should be played as polearms.
>>
>>52790089

This, I've become fine-tuned to figuring out games that are going to be great, games that will just sorta exist, games that will fizzle and games that will burn in the depths of some /tg/ greentext.
>>
File: Lucius Nacht.jpg (80KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Nacht.jpg
80KB, 600x804px
>>52790096
Yes?
>>
>>52790160
No they shouldn't. Swordfags need to fuck off forever.
>>
>>52790096
>actual male characters and not just dick-delivery systems
Is there a difference?
>>
>Theres literally an archetype SPECIFICALLY for playing a magical girl
God damn I wish this game had better mechanics. There are so many cool ideas packed in the systems and settings and everything.
>>
>>52790101
>t. Paidrone casterfag, or just irrational witch hunter
>>
>>52790096
Which male PCs are just dick-delivery systems, anon? Which ones would you say are "real characters"?

>>52790188
Anon, the Magical Child archetype is shit and its Transformation Sequence gimmick is relegated to a Social Talent that any Vigilante with magical abilities can take.
>>
>>52790096

I would make one!

>>52790188

I know, right? Magical Child is actually pretty okay!
>>
>>52790188
>He doesn't know that the archetype is actually complete shot at being a Magical Girl
>He doesn't know about the one vigilante talent that completely makes the archetype irrelevant
>>
>>52790201
>Which male PCs are just dick-delivery systems, anon? Which ones would you say are "real characters"?
All of them.

None of them.
>>
>>52790089
>>52790072
Really, it's not like Roll20 is even that much better than meatspace games, because you've always got one motherfucker trying to invite his asshole friend, or drag along a girl-/boyfriend, or just flaking off because they want to play video games (I can't enjoy Monster Hunter anymore--too many bad memories).

Roll20 has merely been annoying, whereas meatspace has given me the absolute worst player I've ever met.
>Whiny asshole in and out of game
>Constantly talking shit about everyone and everything
>Makes up bullshit reasons to not have to interact with NPCs or other PCs in game
>Went out of his way to make an abrasive character who pisses everyone off
>Calls everyone else stupid and useless while they're trying to pursue our current quests
>Calls everyone else stupid and useless while they're trying to solve puzzles
>Calls everyone else bloodthirsty assholes for killing monsters
>Made his character specifically to kill things in edgy ways, and do nothing else
>He's not even good at that
>Actively interrupts anyone who's trying to ask the GM questions
>Everyone else has to tolerate him because half of them are his roommates and they won't have a moment of peace if he gets angry at them
>He gets angry at them anyway
>SAO fanboy
>>
File: 1470421691013.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470421691013.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>52790201
>Anon, the Magical Child archetype is shit and its Transformation Sequence gimmick is relegated to a Social Talent that any Vigilante with magical abilities can take.
I'm pretty sure that's his point.

>>52790188
If you had a real mahou shoujo though you'd need Starlight Breaker as a cap, and Starlight Breaker looks like it's "OHKO the Tarrareqsue and kill three Grim Reapers in its AoE burst" tier.
>>
>>52790201
>>52790220
I know its shit, thats just why I'm upset. Why couldn't some good writer pick this up and make it not shit. Or any of the billion cool character ideas the game has.
>>
>>52790201
>Which ones would you say are "real characters"?
His own.
That's always the attitude of someone who disparages other male PCs--they want to make sure there's no competition when the GM picks his team, so they can typefuck all the popular girls.
>>
Is a Greataxe really a Bardiche with a shorter stick?
>>
>>52790220

Well, it has a loophole that lets it combine familiar archetypes with what would ordinarily be an Improved Familiar.
>>
>>52790251
Has any of the girl PCs snubbed a character yet
>>
>>52789622
Drink.
>>
File: 089 - 9Ob1qJo.png (81KB, 181x168px) Image search: [Google]
089 - 9Ob1qJo.png
81KB, 181x168px
>>52790245
>Why couldn't some good writer pick this up and make it not shit.

How dare you actually want an archetype to be good and not a worthless waste of space! Next you'll say something even more ridiculous, like "I wish thrown weapons weren't crappy", or "I wish Magus didn't get utterly assfucked by its archaic design"!

>>52790224
Well go into details then fag, tell us why you think each one is shit. You can't make that kind of accusation without backing it up.
>>
File: 1434729992013.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1434729992013.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>52790332
>"I wish Magus didn't get utterly assfucked by its archaic design"!
Don't fucking remind me of that shit
>>
>>52790332
>"I wish thrown weapons weren't crappy"
Literally just make them able to be thrown as a swift action after moving, it even makes sense.
>>
>>52790378
It still requires too many fucking feats
>>
>>52790332

>like "I wish thrown weapons weren't crappy",

OH GOLLY GOSH ANON, NEXT YOU'RE GOING TO WANT YOUR WATER BALLOON FIGHTER TO BE EFFECTIVE!

Get over it, some options are inherently worse than others.
>>
>>52790378
That doesn't fix any of the problems though.
>>
>>52790413
I feel like we're layering too many jokes
>>
>>52789649
Yeah, Cleric Archers and murder Druids are totally still a thing. Druids get Nature Fang to consign Rangers to eternal dipping hell, while Clerics have to work a little harder for crazy numbers, but have such wonderful toys in Plant, Glory, Tactics, Destruction/Demon, Repose, Wolf and Plains domains.

Clerics also got better at bad touching/save or suck, with the Booze channel, Greater Forbid Action, and some other shit I can't remember right now. If you work at it, a Cleric can do the cloth based battlefield controller as well as/better than the Wizard. Self-made Ecclesitheurges are nuts, for example. If self-made worship is out, worshipers of CC, Desna, Son Wukong, Azathoth, or anyone who gets some combination of Void/Charm/Trickery/Travel/Artifice/Flotsam/Luck/Revelry/Night is straight dumb.

They lost a little, but gained so much more.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>52790280

Shayliss got to Seht before Onryou, does that count as snubbing?
>>
is DHB's UC Wizard bad or is it just shitposters? I have a hard time gauging homebrew.
>>
>>52790451
Wasn't Seht the first one to plunge into her though?
>>
>>52790280

God, I hope so. Nothing would please me more than to read about a male PC trying to nestle up with a girl and she just pushes him away.

When having a relationship with a PC or NPC is as easy as saying, "we're dating now" than what's the fucking payoff? Some cheap typefucking? Give me relationship-building that takes IRL months to see the first kiss.
>>
>>52790483
No, that was in fact Rubio
>>
What are the advantages of the Longsword over the Greataxe?
>>
>>52790418
You can't actually use throwing weapons as primary weapons, it doesn't make sense from any angle. Throwing weapons were meant to harass and deal damage / disable before an enemy closed. You threw javelins while running at a guy hoping to kill him before you tried to stab him with your spear. I guess certain builds, esp. fliers and mounted people, can just spam javelins all day long though.

>>52790387
I propose we double the amounts of feats gained globally.
>>
>>52790474
The concept is okay, but requires the obvious fine tuning of going through each spell to see if it gets thrown out, stays, or becomes legendary
Also again, most people who have serious problems with caster imbalance are just going to move to a different game.
>>
>>52790488
>give me what's actually happening instead of what random shitposters say is going on
>>
I want thots to leave.
>>
>>52790507
You can use it with one hand so you can use the other hand to wipe away the tears of choosing a poor weapon.
>>
>>52790483

If I got my memes on straight, Seht was tricked into the basement by Shayliss, who tried to put his arrows in her quiver before Papa showed up and demanded why Seht was about to defile his daughter. Rather than show any degree of spine, Seht made up bullshit about getting an engagement present and ran off, wondering what to do.

I thiiiiiink Seht had a Round 2 with Shayliss, which cemented the marriage.
>>
>>52790546

But longswords are very knightly weapons.
>>
>>52790550
Oh. That's kinda cute then.
>>
>>52790451
Have you guys gone boar hunting yet? If not somebody needs to bring up the Shayliss situation with Seht in earshot of Aldern when they do.
>>
>>52790570
So use the other hand to jack off at how knightly you are while the greataxe user lops both your heads off.
>>
>>52789659
Fuck it, here's a homebrew for you.

>Ungovernable Wizard
>It's a Silksworn Occultist
>Instead of wearing fancy shit, you get a bonded item that you must cast through
>Arcane Bond allows you to cast one spell of the Sor/Wiz list of a school you know and a level you can cast.
>Instead of Implement powers, you gain the School powers of a school you know at, let's say 1, 4, 8, 12, 16
>At levels 11, 13, 15, 17, choose one Sor/Wiz spell of levels 6, 7, 8, 9 to cast once/day as a SLA.
>get a Familiar as a bonus because fuck it.
>>
>>52790528

Yes, I want to know what's actually happening, ideally from one of the players currently developing that relationship. It's probably due to all the filthy romance novels I've read, but I actually get a kick out of seeing why a character has the hots for another character, or the set-up to what leads to their first kiss, or even the first time they bone.
>>
>>52790511
The problem isn't so much the number of feats you get, as the feats themselves being watered down and worthless. Shit like TWF and Style Feats should scale up instead of being a chain. Precise Shot and PBS are jokes that should not be separate feats. Quickdraw should just let you threaten and put away shit as free actions without needing a special resource pool.
>>
>>52790511
>I propose we double the amounts of feats gained globally.
That just makes other builds killier or tankier while your throwing build is still shit. You need to consolidate the number of feats.
>>
>>52790603
I'd play it.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>52790589

Dunno, I'm just a humble shitposter.
>>
>>52790603
>More Blingomancer-alikes

Yes
>>
>>52790624
So PM one of the players. The shitposting got too much so they scrammed from the thread, you're not going to get any info here.
>>
>>52790511
Feat per level baybee yeaaaaaaah.

>>52790474
He isn't doing a good job of selling it, if nothing else. It's not ready for primetime.
>>
>>52790507
Wielding one-handed is one of those options that seems shitty on paper but I always find comes up pretty often in actual play. Not every session but like, every other session it seems useful.
>>
>>52790589
>If not somebody needs to bring up the Shayliss situation with Seht in earshot of Aldern when they do.
What does Aldern have to do with that situation though?
>>
What would be the most profitable type of business empire-building venture?
>>
>>52790759
If Stardew Valley is to believed...

Mayonnaise.
>>
>>52790759

Owning vast tracks of farmland.
>>
>>52790681
>He isn't doing a good job of selling it, if nothing else. It's not ready for primetime.
That's more because of /pfg/ than the concept itself. People here either want wizards untouched for their power wank or want spheres.
>>
Huh. Guess that's what happens when you make an app for the highest memed game at 1:00 AM. Nothing.
>>
>>52790759
I don't know, put something together from ultimate campaign and ultimate intrigue.
>>
>>52790848
A
FUCKING
TREE
>>
>>52790848
And which game was that?
>>
>>52790759

Where are you starting out? Tell me about the biome, geography, and the other nations in the setting.

Traditionally, mighty businesses were built on the growth, refinement and sale of textiles or spices. This means cotton, silk, peppercorn. Equally viable alternatives include chinaware, tea, coffee and sugar.

If this is a Blingmaker app, than be warned that the region it occupies isn't particularly well known for any of these, which means slim pickings for goods to specialize in. Ultimately, it would have to either be luxury goods (finished product trade) or magical items.
>>
>>52790848
Calesedria?
>>
>>52790759
Banking.
I'm serious. A good financer can have fingers in every pie and withdraw his finders when things go south.
>>
>>52790876
Nirmathas shitposters need to go!

Day of the lumberjack when?
>>
>>52790716

He's a magnificent, overly-theatrical dumb.

His advice would be comical.
>>
>>52790665
I want to homebrew a blingfighter who's entire shtick is just having a shitload of really really valuable weapons.

>free quickdraw and powerful build-equivalent
>adds level/2 to strength for the purpose of carrying proficient weapons
>uses clutch mechanic to hold (1 +fighter levels/4, min 1) weapons in hand
>clutch lets you adding magical traits from any weapon you hold to the most valuable weapon in the clutch
>can mark weapons with his force of will and call them to his hand if disarmed
>eventually able to summon weapons from any storage space he personally owns, and fire them like throwing weapons using his weapon carry strength (base + fighter levels/2) for to-hit and damage
>bonuses to crafting
>can just spend money to masterwork weapons without expending
>gets item mastery feats
>>
>>52790917

It's Day of the Rake, you LEAF.
>>
>>52790716
He's fucking Shayliss
>>
>>52790949

I don't believe you, though you might be talking about Shayliss's SISTER.
>>
File: a fucking tree.jpg (57KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking tree.jpg
57KB, 500x313px
>>52790944
That's for canada, dumbass. Confirmed for treeshitter.
>>
Have the resident wizards here ever named a spell after yourself? In the vein if Tenser's Floating Disk, Evard's Black Tentacles, has anyone done Sam's Grand Fireball (actually just a Maximized Fireball)?
>>
>>52790987
I wanna fuck a tree!

What are Golarion's most fuckable tree species?
>>
Is it better to play Pathfinder as if it were set in the early/mid/late middle ages or the renaissance?
>>
>>52791026
Gib lands back nirmathi.
>>
>>52791015
As far as I can tell, Kirito Mahouka's Weaponized Autism wasn't adopted by Paizo.

So no, my party's wizard won't getting any spells named after himself now.
>>
>>52791026

Kii was always my favorite girl when I used to go on the MonMun General, you have good taste.

As for most fuckable trees? Take your pick between the Paueliel and the Darkwood.
>>
>>52791051
But it's so cool.
>>
>>52790949
If you're talking about the section discussed on this page:
http://rotrl.wikia.com/wiki/Shayliss_Vinder

That's not part of the AP actual, that's just something that happened in somebody's home game.
>>
>>52790828
No it isn't, because someone shat out a similar idea that was better received in this very thread.

>>52791026
Please do not water the tree.
>>
File: 1444580044156.jpg (159KB, 665x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444580044156.jpg
159KB, 665x1200px
>>52790828
> want spheres
I honestly prefer Psionics.
>>
>>52791026
Ironfang Invasion has a young female treant you can befriend
>>
>>52791026

Kingmaker has an adorable young Dryad that's got a Satyr boyfriend!
>>
>>52791155
Doesn't it also have a QTpi lizardfolk waifu?
>>
>>52791026
Cease this tomfoolery at once.
>>
>>52791123
>No it isn't, because someone shat out a similar idea that was better received in this very thread.
What idea? Link?
>>
>>52791198

He's clearly asking in regards to the Dryads that might inhabit a tree, anon.

What would the Dryad of a Darkwood look like? A maple? A Paueliel?
>>
>>52791196
Not really. The female lizardfolk you can befriend is a bit chubby for my liking.
>>
>>52791026
DON'T FUCK PLANTS
>>
>>52791328
I want to pollinate that plant.
>>
>>52791348
Which one
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>52791289
>. The female lizardfolk you can befriend is a bit chubby for my liking.
Isn't she also CE? Or am I thinking of a different lizard.

Also, how chubby is she? As long as she's not "can completely cover a belt buckle" level of chub, I'm sure I'd be okay.
>>
Yo people of /pfg/ I come being a request fag.
Anyone got a copy of:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9r4c/reviews?Dynastic-Races-Compendium
I've been looking around for it but I'm to broke right now to just buy it.

Also if anyone has:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/206361/Psionics-Augmented-Host-of-Heroes
I imagine its not up as its still quite new, but.
>>
>>52791409
I'll post the picture when I get home. She's wearing robes, I don't recall that she's CE but she could be. There's another troglodyte but that one can't be befriended and is evil fo sho.
>>
File: 1487107814307.jpg (179KB, 1024x1595px) Image search: [Google]
1487107814307.jpg
179KB, 1024x1595px
>>52791348
Hey there, big boy.
>>
>>52791289

Is she missing her leg?
>>
>>52791436

Cacti are soft and juicy, but they tend to be too prickly for my liking.
>>
>>52791436
Yo I wanna FUCK that plant.
>>
>>52791414
Host of Heroes has been out for a while, broski. Don't know about the other one.
>>
>>52791348
>>52791457

Cease. Desist. Halt.
>>
>>52790871
How much of the same ground do those two cover? I know like intrigue has rules for social combat and so on, but they both have rules for large scale organizations right?
>>
>>52791441
Anon, the non-humanoids are all healthy and unharmed (with the exception of the three legged centaur).
>>
File: plant face.jpg (24KB, 324x405px) Image search: [Google]
plant face.jpg
24KB, 324x405px
plants my dudes.
>>
How much does it pay to sell villains and their minions into slavery, galleys, prostitution and son on?
>>
>>52791456
I just want you to pollinate all over my flower.
>>
File: real dryad.jpg (51KB, 449x475px) Image search: [Google]
real dryad.jpg
51KB, 449x475px
>>52791457
We all wanna fuck plants anon
>>
>>52791500
>>52791492
>>52791489
>>52791457
>>52791456
/pfg/ - Plant fucking general
>>
File: Dryad Cohort.jpg (79KB, 585x389px) Image search: [Google]
Dryad Cohort.jpg
79KB, 585x389px
>>
>>52791522
LEWD
>>
>>52791484

Why? How can they be from Nirmathas with all their legs? Amber Scott is a genius at storytelling and plot, she wouldn't have given everyone one leg without a reason.
>>
>>52791492

That might take all night, anon! Are you sure you want it?

>>52791522

Are those activated?
>>
>>52791557
>she wouldn't have given everyone one leg without a reason.
Her reason is she secretly wants to emulate her greatest inspiration in life: Katawa Shojou
>>
OFFICIAL /PFG/ WAIFU RACE TIER LIST:

1) Drow
2) Plants
3) Kobolds
>>
>>52791573
>Are those activated?
They are If you want. In a game of pretend, they can be whatever you want
>>
>>52791582
Plant meta was a shocker coming into the top of the waifu chart, a meteoric rise.
>>
>>52791582

I wish we had more plants applying to games, a Dryad sproutling would be gorgeous in Blingmaker!
>>
>>52791589
That really crumbles my cashews.
>>
File: 1441303530671.png (275KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1441303530671.png
275KB, 1200x900px
>>52791582
>Kobolds
I may have to dispute this. Even if they are my fetish, Kobolds do not seem to be popular race for waifuing and making characters of here.

Now, I may not be active in learning all the details of all the meme games, but the only Kobold I recall was that one Kobold named Sharmat, and I know nothing about that one or if they even got into their game.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
>>
>>52791617
You sir are really popping my peanuts
>>
File: ouroboros.jpg (47KB, 450x376px) Image search: [Google]
ouroboros.jpg
47KB, 450x376px
'sup /pfg/

Anyone got a link to Hell's Vengeance 6/6: Hell comes to Westcrown?

Can't find it on the troves and my google-fu is weak (the links I found were all dead).
>>
>>52791626
Maybe you should submit more kobold characters to games then, delta
>>
>>52791626
>Forgetting about Lameeka's godlike thighs
baka desu senpai
>>
>>52791655
Sorry, I'm not Delta. I'm actually Savant, the guy who made those two ideas for RotJR characters back when it first got popular, but pulled out due to not having the time to play
Sadly, said characters were lost in the Great Mythweavers Crash
>>
>>52791676
pics
>>
>>52791637
My walnuts are worried.
>>
>>52791676
>Lameeka's godlike thighs
Who is this, what game was she in, and where can I find the sheet?
>>
>>52791681
Please go meet your soulmate then.
>>
>>52791692
Well, now my macadamias are going maverick!
>>
>>52785237
He's got a sweetheart already
>>
>>52791697
Dragons1
>>
>>52791643
They're not going to answer you right now, anon. Abandon all hope.

I mean, I'd help if I knew where it was, but I don't.
>>
>>52791728
I appreciate your taking the time to answer, still!
>>
>>52791740
i have it but i can't upload it, sorry.
>>
>>52790064
Oh my god you're stupid.

What you need to get through your thick skull is just because they CAN doesn't mean they DO. Unlike the Cleric or the Druid, they have no guarantee to have or be able to get the spells they need without buying them at a Magic Mart. They get two spells a level. Two. One plus one. Dos, deux, ni, er, zwei.

You don't know shit about Wizards, stop trying to fix them.
>>
File: 1412736912504.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412736912504.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52790938
I'm on the case!
>>
>>52790096
>Favorites: Hyaenidae

Oh ah'm laffin'
>>
>>52791698
But anon, I don't even know who Delta is! I should at least learn more about them, and maybe have lunch before thinking that far ahead
>>
>>52791772
If Delta is your soulmate, you'll not need to know them. They're your soulmate for a reason. Now don't lose your way!
>>
>>52790096

Why does a believable comrade in arms need to be male?
>>
My problem with making male characters is I can't.
>>
File: Booty.png (139KB, 526x900px) Image search: [Google]
Booty.png
139KB, 526x900px
>>52791697
DragonGame1's resident Kobold Alchemist/Rogue.

>has the biggest butt
>used to play sports with said rear
>smol and portable
>sneeky
>possesses the lewdest dress of them all
>>
File: RATTLE ME BONES.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
RATTLE ME BONES.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>52791715
EXCUSE ME?

>>52790096
>still hasn't gone into detail about why he thinks this
>>
>>52791791
Because I want my comrade in arms to be the comrade who holds me in his arms.
>>
>>52791759
>You don't know shit about Wizards, stop trying to fix them.
All I'm getting is you're the one who doesn't know shit about wizards.

Fuck man you're dumb if your answer is "the GM just doesn't let find spells" to the fact wizards have issues. It isn't even a fucking magic mart problem. The fact the PC is a wizard means there are others around unless you're in a fucking retarded setting, or alchemists, or magus, or arcanists, or anyone else with a spell book. Or fucking scrolls.

If your answer to "how do you stop a wizard from getting spells" is "remove literally everyone with spells that isn't the wizard" then you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>52791806

Yo I wanna FUCK that lizard!
>>
>>52791759
Shit you're retarded.
>>
>>52791759
Except nine times out of ten they will. Like honestly how many games have you played where you haven't been in a situation where the wizard can buy magic scrolls and then copy them over, or just pay someone to teach them? Let alone all the scrolls and occasionally spellbooks dropped by enemies. By my count thats like, all of the published adventure paths where wizards have as many spells as they feel like paying for.
>>
File: 1488598468508.jpg (286KB, 562x837px) Image search: [Google]
1488598468508.jpg
286KB, 562x837px
>>52791806
That's not a Kobold!
I feel so betrayed now!
>>
>>52791802

Give me your Discord name and I'll help you.
>>
>>52791759
>At any time, a wizard can also add spells found in other wizards’ spellbooks to his own
>>
>>52791802
I always feel uncomfortable playing female characters in anything. Roleplaying games, video games. It's a shame too, because I feel like female characters tend to have better potential than males and I can only adjust so many concepts that start female to effeminate men before it feels "off".
>>
>>52791759
Try pulling your head out your ass for two seconds and think about what you posted.
>>
>>52791847
Pretty sure that's Not gonna name drop but they should be RESTING now before they have to leave for WORK. Ignore them.
>>
>>52791810
You heard me right.

She's a maid, a cook, and a cutie.
>>
>>52791837

That's not a Kobold either.

>>52791851

Same, I never play female characters because I can't get into the right headspace for them, and it's doubly true for roleplaying games where I'm worried about fucking it up.
>>
>>52791837
She's a shorttail kobold, bigot
>>
>>52791772
TheParrot in the IRC channel
>>
>>52791847
Why can't you just nut up and give the advice here
>>
>>52791860

Well alright, I just like to help people build characters is all.
>>
>>52791860
Wrong

>>52791851
Basically my problem but with men, i just can't write characters that feel like men to me.
>>
>>52791876

Because I don't know what the heck they're applying for, or what kind of man they want to make?
>>
File: qt kobold gril.jpg (160KB, 322x635px) Image search: [Google]
qt kobold gril.jpg
160KB, 322x635px
>>52791869
If she's a 'bold, then where is he draconic snout!
She just looks like a short tiefling with delicious hips, who thinks she's a kobold.

>>52791868
This better?
>>
>>52791894
it was more just a general statement
>>
>>52791884

You're attributing way too much to "maleness". Just make a person.
>>
>>52791903
WEE-OWW-WEE-OOW WE'VE GOT THE KOBOLD POLICE HERE
>>
>>52791910
Its more that my 'people' always feel female to me.

I dunno.
>>
>>52791851
I just can't do a good girl's voice for shit.
>>
>>52791903
According to Smolder's artist Kanel, she's a full out dragon.
>>
>>52791924

Give an example because that doesn't really make sense.
>>
File: kobold scouts.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kobold scouts.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>52791913
Yah dern right ya fookin numpty!
Naw alla ye get on ter ground then laddies, this here be a sting dontchaknow
>>
>>52791946
Eh, Fire Emblem's had stranger "dragons," so it checks out.

And then there's Puzzle and Dragons.
>>
>>52791759
The issue is any wizard worth his salt will seek out other wizards/alchemists/investigators/magus/arcainists when in a large city as all of these have books the wizard can use to copy spells from. In most settings a PC wizard is not the only person who uses spell book based spell casting, and in a metropolis likely there are spell casting services available and thus spell book spell casters around. Paying for the privilege of copying spells is something wizards are designed to do at base and likely will do.

Instead of leaving it up to GM's fedangling on simply saying "no you can't find anyone with teleport, despite the city providing teleporting casting services" it's more "teleport is such a complex spell you need to spend a much large amount of time/effort to learn how to cast it".

>Unlike the Cleric or the Druid, they have no guarantee to have or be able to get the spells they need without buying them at a Magic Mart.
It is not so much magic mart but the assumption that the wizard does not exist in a vacuums as the only wizard of his level or higher, or that wizards/alchemists/investigators/magus/arcainists are not so rare that he can't find any when traveling through a large city.
>>
>>52791946
Kanel take commissions? What about lewd commissions?
>>
>>52791802
I'm the opposite, but that's mostly because playing a character without a dick just doesn't click in my head. I'm sure there's probably some way to connect this to how I always gravitate towards tieflings whenever the thought of trying again comes up, but I can't quite place why.
>>
>>52791951
Its hard to explain but as I build them out the personality of the character they just tend to feel female to me.
>>
>>52791988
Males can have female personalities...
>>
>>52791759
Honestly when I see posts like this replied to politely like >>52791961 all I can say is holy fuck /pfg/ are a bunch of asshats. I don't know how DHB hasn't blown up at someone because holy shit people here can be retarded.
>>
>>52792003
I don't want to make traps, they're basically a meme.

My characters are female. They just -are-.
>>
File: EXPLOSION.jpg (780KB, 1596x914px) Image search: [Google]
EXPLOSION.jpg
780KB, 1596x914px
With spheres casting, how do we make her again?

In the sense that I want to cast the biggest, most damaging spell possible and then be absolutely worthless for the rest of the day.
>>
>>52792009
DHB is a saint honestly.
>>
>>52791988
Question anon Are you a gril?
If no, then How present was your present was your father and what kind of influence did he have on you during your formative years?
>>
>>52791976
According to their tumblr they're currently closed. Closest you're going to is probably making a suggestion, becoming a patron, and voting for your own suggestion.
http://kanelfa.tumblr.com
Though if they ever do open up for commissions again then lewds are pretty likely.
>>
>>52792017
Literally overcharge boon you fucking idiot its not exactly hard.
>>
File: maverick beuno.jpg (168KB, 545x365px) Image search: [Google]
maverick beuno.jpg
168KB, 545x365px
>>52792020
>mfw that very first image as soon as you open the blog
>>
>>52792019
No
Present and we have a good relationship
>>
>>52792017
SphereSorcerer1/Incanter1/Elementalist X, grab Soul Candle and Overcharge, and all the damage boosting talents you can, then just poor everything with your Soul Candle
>>
>>52792043
Kanel likes butts man, what do you want me to say?
>>
Is >>52791759 shitposting or serious?
>>
>>52791791
Believable comrades in arms don't need to be male, but male characters need to be believable comrades in arms, and NOT just "this is an excuse to get my ERP thirst slaked."
>>
File: Dosh.png (9KB, 350x615px) Image search: [Google]
Dosh.png
9KB, 350x615px
>>52788629
>>
>>52791951
As one of the "male posters", I think there're a lot of small factors that make it difficult to play as the other gender.

I don't expect female characters to act girly, but I can't just play a character with dominantly masculine traits as a girl without it still being off. There're small things that set me off like description. I don't want to express my power attack as a weighty downward cleave on a girl, I don't want to describe her 7 CHA look as having rough and wild hair and a poor shave. I might opt for a strong horizontal slice and frays in her bangs or something, but it takes me effort to try and work that.

It's the little things that breath life into the character you know? I can play an effeminate male just fine but I couldn't play a trap that's otherwise just a girl with a dick.
>>
File: DOSH! TWO BLOODY GREAT HANDFULS.jpg (707KB, 1300x873px) Image search: [Google]
DOSH! TWO BLOODY GREAT HANDFULS.jpg
707KB, 1300x873px
>>52788629
But you don't start off with much dosh in KF...
>>
>>52791924

The trick to a good male character is to make them active in their backstory, rather than reactive. An example of this would be the male woodsman who pursues the saucy lass he met out in the forest, or the mercurial swordsman that goes out and fights for the honor of his house.

It gets a bit tricky now that all the toys men used to play with are being shared by girls (but not vice versa) but it can still be pulled off.
>>
>>52792052
Alright, then how many friends do you have that are also males?
Becuase honestly to me its kinda hrd to believe that you can't build a male character with personality despite being exposed to actual males with presumable some kind of personality of their own.

Seriously, to you what constitutes as a "female" personality?

My, I have the opposite problem, nearly every female character I try to make just ends up being eerily similar to my mother.
>>
>>52792099
My characters are active anyways -.-
>>
>>52792104
Closest friends are all male, one close female friend.

Ayy lmao i can't explain it xd
>>
>>52792003

Yeah, if you want to be called a woman.
>>
>>52792084
>I don't expect female characters to act girly
Tomboys best
>>
File: man of culture.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
man of culture.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>52792121
>>
>>52792104
>nearly every female character I try to make just ends up being eerily similar to my mother.
Oh fuck you too? If it's not my mother, then they end up being either a "cheeky little kid" or "frigid bitch". I can't seem to do anything else.

>>52792064
IMMA KEEP ASKIN YOU TO POINT AT EXACTLY WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS FOR EACH APPLICANT, ANON.
>>
>>52792084
I mean, you can always say something like "she grew up with several brothers and no sisters" to make yourself more comfortable with it? I dunno.

>>52792104
>eerily similar to your mother
Anon, do not summon the Freudposters.
>>
>>52792138
>IMMA KEEP ASKIN YOU TO POINT AT EXACTLY WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS FOR EACH APPLICANT, ANON.
>Gender: M or Male
That.

That right there. Happy now?
>>
>>52792155
This tells me absolutely nothing other then "I don't like male characters", which makes you come off as just baiting (you)'s. You've succeeded, so I can't knock you too hard.
>>
>>52792138
>>52792141
I blame the fact that my mom was a complete badass veteren, who was also the person who introduced my to fantasy and tabletop, and even gave me some of the bayonets she got off of dead bodies when she was in Kurdistan. Nearly all of my female characters I make end up being some shade of badass, with a wise or caring side to them. The only one who wasn't like this was a Kobold Ojou-sama I designed once, but never got to play and lost her sheet in the crash.

Is it so bad that my mom was so cool that she made me just grow up appreciating the Ripley and Sarah Connor type characters out there?
>>
Who is the most surprise sweetheart of /pfg/? The one you didn't expect to be the one being sweet for your heart?
>>
>>52792141
>I mean, you can always say something like "she grew up with several brothers and no sisters" to make yourself more comfortable with it?
Thing is the example I had in mind was a character who'd traditionally be male, and I'd still personally have trouble representing little details like how the girl-take would minimally groom or what her movements would look like due to frame.

Playing a girl gets a even harder for me if I have to represent a more "girlish" girl. I couldn't describe her gait, I wouldn't know how I'd have her react to different situations.

Where-as if I were playing a male character that's really girlish, I can still understand in what ways he'd move differently from myself or a much more masculine male. Without any research I understand my own body and expressions well enough to play a completely different male frame and mannerism by making the contrasts and adjustments.

I might be overthinking the issue but I can't help but want to know exactly how my character eats and does their morning routine.
>>
>>52792105

Then give them a penis!
>>
>>52792220
Rory. No joke. He's a sweetheart if you talk to him and ignore all the memes.
>>
So what's everyone's take on DHB reverse trap?
>>
>>52792231
Why. If they act female, and I see them in my head as female, then they fact they have a penis is pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>52792235
t. Rory
>>
>>52792235
I don't suspect you of being Rory and I'm willing to believe you despite not knowing him at all myself, but you don't do him any favors by saying that in /pfg/.
>>
>>52792220
Who is the most degenerate surprise.
>>
>>52792220
DHB is a surprisingly nice person.
>>
>>52792251
>>52792253

>those timestamps

I'm inclined to believe this anon.
>>
>>52792235
I've seen rory talk often in both IRC and discord and I have a very hard time believing that.
>>
>>52792272
I think most people who aren't riding the meme bandwagon knows this. He comes off as softer and more mature than 99.95% of /pfg/.
>>
>>52792217
I've got the opposite deal going on. My mom was a passive-aggressive super-traditionalist, so when I think of what's attractive I think of her and go "NOT that."
>>
File: thisismyfetish.png (137KB, 772x620px) Image search: [Google]
thisismyfetish.png
137KB, 772x620px
>>52792020
>mfw browsing the #smolder tag
>>
>>52791506
That's over on /trash/
>>
>>52792251
>>52792253
Rory's nice, but he seems needy, both for attention and approval.
>>
>>52792303

Same.
>>
>>52792321
He also lacks a filter, and its pretty obvious

He acts before thinking.
>>
>>52792313
What's the original context of that image? Cause I notice the oversized bugs in the upper left.
>>
>>52792338
Ahe.
>>
>>52792321

Rory posted ERP logs without permission. that's not "Nice". A nice person doesn't do something like that because it's a total and complete breach of trust.
>>
File: rise_of_the_runelords_face_cards.jpg (451KB, 1022x1318px) Image search: [Google]
rise_of_the_runelords_face_cards.jpg
451KB, 1022x1318px
Anyone know where I can get Rise of the Runelords Face Cards?
Cannot find them for a reasonable price anywhere.
>>
>>52792344
See
>>52792330
>>
>>52792321
I don't trust nice people!
>>
>>52792260
(You)
>>
>>52791946
Yeah, Kanel's good, but they're knee-deep in furry oddness as opposed to scaly oddness, seeming to not favor things like proper draconic faces.
>>
File: pdf.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pdf.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>52792352

Digital format also very acceptable.
>>
>>52792371
Anon they can never know i was trying to DEFELECT
>>
>>52792338
You know that one series about that guy who's contracted to Hestia in a world where MMO dungeons are a real thing and people gain vidya powers by contracting with the old gods, who are all girls for some reason?

Basically, some mutant worm mosters start bursting from the Dungeon, killing all the other mosnters and attacking the villiage, and they're super dangerous because they have acid blood. So the Amazon chick you see is basically tearing through them in a crazed bloodlust as acid is burning at her flesh.
>>
>>52792404
Sounds cool.
Got a sad panda link?
>>
File: 16425952.jpg (33KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
16425952.jpg
33KB, 720x720px
>wake up
>check /pfg/
>another anime picture
>>
>>52792438
And now there's gonna be another anime OP. Cause we're already at page 6.
>>
File: amazon catterpillar fight.png (473KB, 892x1300px) Image search: [Google]
amazon catterpillar fight.png
473KB, 892x1300px
>>52792338
>>52792404
And here's the original page

>>52792416
Its not porn. Haven't read it in years, but the title is "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?"
>>
>>52792438
Get over it faggot
>>
>>52792448
FUCK
>>
>>52792362

Yeah and being a "Nice" person but then hitting someone with your car because you're drunk makes you a piece of shit. We're defined by our actions, so if you're the kind of person who does shitty things, guess what, that makes you a shitty person. You can stop and say sorry, and feel bad after, but posting shit online is very deliberate, it's not just saying it spur of the moment.
>>
>>52792452
Oh.... The description sounded very porn-esque. What a shame.
>>
>>52792460
Oh I agree, his lack of a filter makes him into a jackass.
>>
File: laughing nips.jpg (96KB, 520x355px) Image search: [Google]
laughing nips.jpg
96KB, 520x355px
>>52792485
>Oh.... The description sounded very porn-esque. What a shame.
>>
>>52792330
>>52792321
>in a girl these would be considered "moe" traits that'd make her endearing.
Wombs really do have hacks in real life.
>>
Is DHB 'nice'? How does he compare overall among known/names /pfg/ individuals?
>>
>>52792532
DHB is pretty dang nice.
>>
>>52792532
To Rory he's leagues above. He's not the nicest guy out there and he's not cute, but he's definitely someone who I'd want in my games.
>>
>>52792526
I'd find a girl who can't fucking stop herself from saying retarded abrasive shit a cunt too
>>
>>52792217
Well you're playing a game of fantasy operators and you grew up with an operator. I'd be surprised if you didn't default to that, male or female.
>>
>>52792532
DHB memes have never made any bad statements about his character, just autism, and a brand of autism that isn't even really problematic on /tg/. In the first place there's no reason to assume bad about him even going exclusively off of memes.

Probably nicer than most /pfg/ goers if only because he's disinclined towards shitposting unlike you or I.
>>
>>52792574
He could just shitpost as an anon.
>>
>>52792009
It's 4chan, faggot. We are not nice people.

Unlike your bitch ass, DHB can handle that.
>>
>>52792526
Wait.. you're telling me /pfg/ is a bunch of autistic hyper-virgins that would literally worship any girl who gave them the slightest bit of attention?

What a startling revelation.
>>
>>52792608
Actually, it seems that over half of the posters in /pfg/ are female.
>>
File: tmp_24918-57f1366793627.jpg (25KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24918-57f1366793627.jpg
25KB, 300x311px
Is there an equivalent to the Monkey Grip feat from 3.5 in PF or is there an established race equivalent to a Half-Ogre/Goliath that can use weapons a size up with no penalty? Bonus points if it's a Small race. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>52792608

Being worshiped is awful too, gets you stuck in ruts.
>>
New Thread
>>52792618
>>52792618
>>52792618
>>52792618
>>52792618
>>52792618
>>
>>52792619
I've always suspected this. Men aren't capable of the depravity that goes on here.
>>
>>52792619

No just raised by single moms, so are nearly indistinguishable from histrionic females.
>>
New Thread
>>52792644
>>52792644
>>52792644
>>
>>52792653
KEKED BY THE ANIMEPOSTER
>>
>>52792622
Ask your GM if you can pick an option off the tiefling variant table. Pick number 16, "You have over-sized limbs, allowing you to use Large weapons without penalty." Tieflings can be small. Your DM may rule that you can use medium weapons, or be extra generous and let you use large.
>>
>>52792628
>>52792653
One of you delete it.
>>
File: YOU GET NOTHING.jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
YOU GET NOTHING.jpg
51KB, 960x540px
>>52792628
>>52792653
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
>>
>>52792460
Iyou overestimate the deliberate nature of typing in the Internet age. I can type as fast as I speak, just about, and shitpost even faster.

Being on the Internet actually lowers social filters and inhibitions because you can't get punched or directly acted upon. Even if you did, it "doesn't count," since the medium is text and image, not voice and physical proximity.

People are less real on the Internet, for a variety of reasons. That makes it easier to say or do horrible things to them. It also doesn't matter in meatspace since the chance of anons here ever meeting or knowing each other in a physical sense is astronomically small.
>>
File: 1398559369058.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1398559369058.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>52792628
>>52792653
>one is blatant bulshit kitsunefag as usual
>the other seems serious and kinda on topic, but is posted by a scalefag
>>
>>52792690
>tfw I'm the complete opposite
>I'm nicer on the internet and a complete ass in the real world
I know at least three of my coworkers who hate my guts and wish I got fired cause of shit I've done to them, but I'd never do anything like that to anyone I know from 4chan or other places on the internet.
>>
>>52792690

Typing is one thing, copying logs, pasting them, uploading them, doing a captcha and posting, is deliberate and disturbing in it's lack of insight. And not just lack of insight, lack of respect for your partner. And for what? (You)'s. It's fucking sick.
>>
>>52792690
I would normally agree with you if not for the fact that Aurora, the person whose trust was breached, is not exactly some random internet stranger. It's someone he's supposed to be playing with and interacting with regularly, for months to come (in theory).
>>
>>52792738
People are bad at long term judgment in general, especially for adulation or pleasure in the short term. Add the lack of filter from the Internet and an audience, and it's a mess.

The best thing Penny Arcade ever did was coin the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.
>>
>>52792776
It's as if some people really are as stupid as you think they are...
>>
>>52792789

And yet, Rory is the ONLY one in the thread to get such universal revilement. Everyone else manages to behave appropriately.
>>
>>52792776
And they hadn't even had a single session yet when it happened, if I remember correctly
>>
>>52792812
Leaking logs is a pretty shitbag thing.
>>
>>52792888
10 bucks had he not attention-whored so long beforehand people would have stopped caring
>>
>>52792899
you reap what you sow
>>
File: don't get reaped.png (667KB, 930x475px) Image search: [Google]
don't get reaped.png
667KB, 930x475px
>>52792941
But I don't want to get reaped!
>>
>>52792899
At least ONE anon has said nice things about him. As has been said before- he's an idiot with no filter but that doesn't mean he can't have better moments.
>>
>>52793008
TOO BAD.
>>
>>52793054
On the other side of the coin, he seems to trade mainly on people being too polite to tell him to go away.

He doesn't have a filter, and by the same token has no sense of when he's going too far. If you try to be polite, he'll push and wheedle until he gets his way or is told to fuck off.
>>
>>52793054
Having good moments doesn't make them an overall good person. They show no consideration for anything other than whatever's currently caught their attention.
>>
>>52793102
He's an idiot dog who's used to people slapping him when he goes too far.
>>
>>52793195
This sounds like the most plausible explanation so far.

Has he gotten any nicer since he got hit in the head by a big ole' piece of wood?
>>
>>52793195
Maybe I should slap him next time I see him in the Discord.

Think he'd like that? Should I slap his face or his ass? Or maybe his inner thigh? Open palm or closed fist? Gosh, so many options to discipline...
>>
>>52793244
uh, anon

take it to PMs please

share the logs when you get done though
>>
>>52793266
You got it Rory.
>>
>>52793563
I just want what's best for Memedog, he CAN DO BETTER
>>
>>52789778
Had one where combat was 80% and JJBA was the other 20%. It was... unappreciated if one tried to hurry the combat along by, say, splitting their attacks across two redshirts instead of turning just one into a finer mist.
Thread posts: 471
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.