[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 51

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time you played a character with wings? How were they? Did they fly so good?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52764130
>>
>early
>anime image
can you just stop living
>>
>>52770852
Holy Fuck what is up with the DM to Player ratio on roll20? I just started looking around hoping to supplement my IRL gaming with some online but this place is crazy. The DMs hold so much power they can just set a start date and let 30 applications flow in, then deny 25ish of them.

And these applications are pretty serious too, like, you have to write out a wall of text and stat out a character to even stand a chance, and the odds are still that you will be one of the 25 rejected two weeks later, all that work and thought wasted.

I just want to not be Forever-DM.
>>
>>52770908
I got in with an app I made in an hour. Chill, dude.
>>
remember when the DSP guys would post here
back when these generals weren't just people circlejerking about games they're not even in
when we'd have actual meaningful discussion constantly rather than just sometimes
i'd take SHITPOSTER over this
>>
>>52770908
spoiler alert most of those 30 applications are applying to like 10 other games with basically the same characters
>>
>>52770925
PF is dead, nigga. What's to discuss? More supplements which will not fix the game? Build that have been set in stone for years now?
>>
>>52770925
WE WUZ SERIOUS GAEMZ.
>>
>>52770953
Hey look over there! Some people are having fun talking about games that are going on and characters that people like, so let's just shit all over their fun!
>>
>>52770988
Hey look over there! It's a writhing mass of autists screaming so loudly about stupendous boners and delicious butts that all reasonable people are driven out, leaving only said autists and people too lazy to seek other places of discussion!
>>
>>52770953
Did anyone here ever see what the Mass Effect General on /vg/ was like in the years between ME3 and the new one? It was basically a fanfiction general. No discussion on dead games. Nothing to look forward too. But enough of a following that made it stick. That is what we have become.

We are the dead.
>>
>>52770947
Who actually makes a variety of characters/archetypes instead of just slight variations of the same thing over and over?
>>
>>52770925

The DSP guys ran out of material by the time we were done with them. We drained that well dry.
>>
>>52770908
Maybe get good at writing character apps.
>>
>>52771027
>>52771029
>stop having badwrongfun
>>
>>52771055

The concern there is you become the one good player in a group that really couldn't write a paragraph to save their life.
>>
>>52771030
Succubed is probably going to get rejected and it's terrible.
Also last thread people seemed to think I'm Wist, I'm not, I just want to play with Succubed because she sounds fun.
>>
>>52771062
I'm not actually opposed to this shift.
At least it makes this general about writing and less about a shitty game.
>>
>>52771029
>That is what we have become.
This transformation took us from a healthy general to a festering shitpile in the span of about a month. It's hard to believe that we've essentially flipped upside down, with reasonable discussion, storytimes and build advice being the minority and weebs posting about lewds and shitposting being the majority.

I want the old generals back.
>>
>>52770925
>when we'd have actual meaningful discussion constantly rather than just sometimes
I... I think this retard actually believes this. Those days were just as boring and just as full of garbage that nobody cared about (except for BUILDPOSTER and the person he was arguing with over stupid minutia of the interactions between obscure rules from different sources).
>>
>>52771106
seriously old /pfg/ was just as garbage

Should I put up the PoW bingo?
>>
>>52771100
>healthy general
Literally no such thing, generals are antithetical to *chan nature.

>build advice
Happens whenever people actually ask for it. Maybe people don't need help building a Warpriest for the 100000th time.

>storytime
I miss this but this has nothing to do with anything, since it was never as common before either.
>>
>>52771062
>radically shift the focus of a general
>people who preferred the old ways complain
>wow sorry for committing wrongthink you guys jeez laweez maybe chill out a bit huh it's not like your old generals are completely and irreversibly gone and replaced by people posting about penises
>>
>>52771029
>>52770953

New supplements are being released all the time, anon. Path of the Righteous, Ultimate Wilderness, Courtly Intrigue and more were all meals to feed on.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing what Ultimate Wilderness holds. Ultimate books are always FLUFFY and CRUNCHY, and this book is dealing with nature!

Everyone ready for archetypes to the Slayer to make it an outdoorsy type? Or greater details on the wealth of the wilds?
>>
>>52771100
>build advice being the minority
People asking for builds either get the advice they want and say thanks and run off to play their game or throw a shitfit like breweranon.
>>
>>52770852
>When was the last time you played a character with wings? How were they? Did they fly so good?

They both flew good and had a ridiculous carrying capacity. Many a problem was fixed by just grabbing onto what was meant to be an immovable object and just air-dropping it somewhere else
>>
>>52771121
It was better than this.

Now we just get a bunch of lewdfaggots who would be more at home a /a/, /c/, or fucking /soc/ who REEEE the moment people dare start a discussion about mechanics.
>>
>>52771132
>radically shift the focus of the general

>instead of whining about being a bunch of nogame foreverdms, we're now having fun in games

Truly horrifying shift.
>>
>>52771150
We tried telling you how to make a Brewkeeper, stop pretending we didn't.
>>
>>52771150
No, it was not better

And you can still ask about mechanics, you just have to not be a twat.
>>
>Gestalt
>level 4
>Mind Chemist 2/Inquisitor 2 || Disciple of the Pike 4 + VMC Bard
>Int to knowledge twice, 1/2 level to knowledge three times (only twice when not identifying monsters once comes from illumination inquisition), wisdom to knowledge when identifying monsters, character is a dwarf for Breadth of Experience and an additional +2 and Aura of Enlightenment for another +2.
>knowledge skills at level 4 are looking to be, when identifying monsters +29 across the board and +26 for everything else when I spend a round of Enlightenment and Illumination.

I plan from this point on going full inquisitor. I am also doing this as a Warpath Inquisitor.

Please someone advice me that this is too stupid and I shouldn't do this.
>>
>>52771156
>having fun in games
>40 people circlejerking about a group of 5 people and the size of their character's genitalia
>>
>>52771156
>>instead of whining about being a bunch of nogame foreverdms, we're now having fun in games
No. No game whining was way less common now.

Now we have constant no game whining, people fawning over people who got in games, and people who got in games shitting on those who didn't.
>>
Is it just me or do we only have MUH OLD /PFG/ autists showing up when we have animethreads? Is it possible this is just animeposter's way of keeping people active in his shit threads?
>>
>>52771100
>>52771132
at this point I wish they'd just change the name of the general to something other than /pfg/

no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit

>>52771144
>>52771163
and then there's this autist accusing everyone who disagrees with him of being the same person for some reason
>>
>>52771163
I'm not Brewkeeper guy.
>>
File: 1475269673283.jpg (732KB, 2356x2504px) Image search: [Google]
1475269673283.jpg
732KB, 2356x2504px
>>52771150
You seem incredibly fucking angry anon.
2hu still exists. People who ask for help get the help they want. People who bring up mechanics will get responded to if it's not an incredibly boring question.

>>52771176
What's the powerlevel like in your game because while it's pretty goddamn bad, it sounds fun enough to actually play.

>>52771183
Discordcabal can fuck off, I'm 90% convinced it's literally two people
Discord in general was a mistake.
>>
>>52771183
There are 13 games now running, even with the overlap I believe it's somewhere around 35 people in games.
>>
when's the last time you saw someone post a "don't hide it from me, /pfg/" post and actually get replies

hard mode: it wasn't about "lewds"
>>
>>52771207
>actually believing in the discord cabal
>>
>>52771176

The only thing that bothers me is the Dwarfism, but that's only because I don't like Dwarves.

You got a mighty fine-tuned monster Slayer there, dude. I'm not going to stop you, I'm going to say have at it!
>>
>>52771202
>no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit
See >>52771176 and half of last thread.

>this autist
I'm not the second anon.
>>
Since we're talking about "muh gud ole daiz" let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44405818/#44405818
>>
>>52771210
Don't hide it from me /pfg/
show me your character's f-list :^)
>>
>>52771202
>no one even talks about pathfinder anymore, it's just weeaboo bullshit
ask a question instead of just complaining because that's also not pathfinder, we'll talk about that
>>
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What's the the REAL reason you built your character like you did?
>>
>>52771229
I don't see anything wrong with that thread desu
>>
So, I have a question.

If you're going to be in a game you know is going to level 20 and people will be getting capstones... if I wanted to do, say, a one level dip into a class, what is considered the equivalent of a capstone?

For example I'm making a Brutal Slayer Stalker who is natural attack focused. General idea I had was to take one level of UC monk and get Dragon Style and Primal Fury Style (since my DM allows MOMS to work with UC). Also yes I know PFS and Dragon Style have overlap but I wanted to charge a lot and my friends like playing melee oriented characters so charging through allies AND enemies seemed enticing, and I like the bonuses of the other style feats. Ultimately this sets up my feats across the character to be easier to set up thanks to the load of them I'd get from that one level.

So I ask, is it okay that I drop my capstone (and one manuever readied/known) in order to make better use of feats, on top of all the small bonuses (health/saves) I get from that one level in UC Monk? I ask because some of my friends are making a fuss about it, but I personally don't see any wrong with it since it'll make my character flow and be fun even without those things I gave up.
>>
>>52771229
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44405818/#44405818
>i want to fuck greta
>posts about fucking greta, ect ect

Truly, truly then the lewdfaggots weren't in control
>>
File: Mage01.png (1MB, 727x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Mage01.png
1MB, 727x1028px
>>52770925
Alright then chucklefuck, riddle me this: How do I Silksworn Occultist without diving into Necromancy? Teach me to Blingomancer. Surely we haven't beaten this gaudy horse to death yet, leaving plenty of room for entertaining discussions?

In fact, as a bonus, assuming 1pp only, what's a good thing to gestalt with a blingomancer? For a moment, pretend Prescient Dodger is not in fact 3pp from Spheres.
>>
>>52771231
I love how the only person found to be actually making complete f-list profiles specifically for his Pathfinder characters is the guy who looked the most vanilla.
>>
>>52771199
I think it's because these threads aren't always non-stop wanking about butts and boners and weeb stuff, and so those guys only spring up when there's something to complain about. Like, for example, having an anime girl for an OP picture, which is basically the face of the entire general (which, let's face it, is a community.) Since they don't like the anime stuff, seeing the anime OP image sets them off right away, without having to read about people's stupidly enormous penises.
Just a guess, though.
>>
To all old /pfg/ was betterfags:
Just go to GitP or Reddit. They're more than happy to have the same stupid, pedantic arguments about rules interaction, re-tiering and optimization over and over again. On the plus side, you can feel a completely undeserved sense of self-satisfaction since you came from 4chan and think that automatically makes you better than them.
>>
>>52771261
I know we found a few, including Rory who is VANILLA AS FUCK
>>
>>52771223
None of the Breadth of Experience races have any broad knowledge based alternate racial abilities, the best you get is elves with a +2 to two knowledge skills.
>>
>>52771253
i'd rather have people post about wanting to fuck greta than people posting about how cute a PCs butt is
because "i want to fuck greta" is easy to filter
>>
>>52771217
There's no way that many people care about the size of some otherwise-bland character's dick size.

>>52771247
Because I wanted to play a Wraith Wizard but then realized that Wizards don't get Channel Energy and can't do necromancy well, so I thought about doing Cleric / Wraith + Wizard later but then realized my INT is horrible, so then I thought about Cleric / Druid or something but then I realized I'm LE so I can't be a Druid so I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to do besides take Charisma Incanter.
>>
>>52771207
Someone post the diagrams of this image from when two anons debated if this was a wolfgirl or a pumpkin.
>>
>>52771300
dude its a meme
>>
File: 1469120045567.jpg (462KB, 2356x2504px) Image search: [Google]
1469120045567.jpg
462KB, 2356x2504px
>>52771303
>>
>>52771268
>TFW Page 3/dueling generalsfag is confirmed for muh old /pfg/
>>
>>52771303
but that is a pumpkin, not a wolf
>>
>>52771255
Make sure you put tons of points into CHA and CON so you get a big peepee or big tatas, anon! That's what truly matters! :3c
>>
>>52771207
I want to smash that pumpkin. With muh dick!
>>
File: Baknarla_final.jpg (102KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Baknarla_final.jpg
102KB, 480x640px
>>52771297

I take it you're a Baknarla fan?
>>
>>52771255
Honestly Necromancy is nearly required as a Silksworn. If you're going to refuse it you need to take both Evocation and Divination to make up for it because they're the next strongest.
>>
>>52771272
>r/pathfinder_rpg
It really is a place of rule autismos, and they aren't good at it. There's always something to the point of "how do I play class x?" or "DAE le ELI5 how AoOs work in Pathfinder?"
>>
>>52771247

BECAUSE I LIKE BOOM BANG SHOOTING.
>>
>>52771247
the only reason anyone on /pfg/ builds their character the way they do is so they can jerk off to it

at this point I'm not even sure why anyone bothers with character creation when we're all playing the same generic anime girl anyway

might as well just pool our lewd fanfiction and collectively jerk off to it and cut out the middleman entirely
>>
>>52771247
I wanted to be a primal shifting dinosaur humanoid that rips out hearts and turns enemies into a fine red mist...

Also Dragon Style/Ferocity is too much fun. Hopefully the Shifter class coming up is at least not hot garbage enough for me to be able to continue to fulfill this dream.
>>
>>52771336
>generic anime girl

But i'm a rat.
>>
>>52771342
with a generic anime girl personality
>>
>>52771335
>BANG BANG SHOOTING
sasuga KR snipe.
>>
>>52771322
I mean, if you're Silksworn? You want more CHA and CON than usual. You don't have armor, so you need HP; you get abilities based on CHA, so you need that too.

Fuck you, you're correct even when you're being a shithead.
>>
>>52771255
>>52771328
For gestalt with silksworn you're going to need something Int based, unfortunately most of the Int based classes are full casters or don't gestalt well. One of the easiest is probably Investigator if you want to dive into skill monkeying.

Are you looking to go into melee ever?
>>
>>52771345
define 'generic anime girl' personality.
>>
File: 1474633177467.jpg (142KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
1474633177467.jpg
142KB, 980x980px
>>52771268
It's not even the anime I'm mad about. It's always the same super cutesy cat-girl bullshit. It's not weebery, it's low tier weebery.
>>52771272
And why don't you cute fags fuck off to /e/ or /c/?
>>
>>52771307
Every time I see this, I get a warm feeling in my tummy that I managed to create something that has stuck.
>>
>>52771282
>Wolf-man who can't stop talking about what a stud he is
>Vanilla sweetie

>Shonen hero paladin who just wants senpai to notice him
>Into some rough shit right alongside having "Pledging to protect you" as a kink
>>
>>52771207
>2hu still exists.

Why is this a good thing?
>>
>>52771307
There was another one, IIRC. Been looking for it forever.
>>
>>52771350
Don't forget to run the numbers on how big your assets will be using those funtime rules, sweetie! ;3
>>
>>52771336
>the only reason anyone on /pfg/ builds their character the way they do is so they can jerk off to it
Tell that to DHB.
>>
File: 1481133670024.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481133670024.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>52771247
I want to blow stuff up good.
>>
>>52771247
Because I wanted to be the most dragony character without actually taking Draconic Bloodline or that 3rd-party Dragon class.
>>
>>52771333
I haven't been there since they made that asshole rekijan a mod, is Secret Wizard still giving the worst advice possible in every thread posted there (usually twice)?
>>
>>52771367
Because he's a buildfag. The king of buildfags, in fact.
>>
>>52770925
The law of 4chan communities was always "if you're not okay with how it runs, leave. Complaining won't change it".

You're just salty because for the first time you've found yourself on the excluded side of the line.
>>
>>52771385

But why do you want to blow stuff up? What do you seek on the path of explosions?
>>
>>52771336
>generic
Succubed isn't Generic and NG+ isn't either. Most of the apps aren't generic at all, bar the bad ones.
>>
>>52771356
Take your pick.
>>
>>52771356
Anything cute.
>>
Is DHB secretly a "muh old /pfg/' fag? Considering he doesn't participate in lewds and refuses to make lewd characters he seems the type.
>>
>>52771357
ah but what about half-fae catboy shota trap maids?
>>
>>52771247
Because I thought it would be fun. I was wrong.
>>
>>52771398
That's the theoretical law
See: Reddit flooding in before the Election.

>>52771401
Those aren't personalities, they're archetpyes. Massive difference.
>>
>>52771247
My favorite mecha have sub-arms to do rapid reloads and shit, and I'm a huge John Carter/pulp fan. Building a slightly more fuckable version of that to fit a lewd game aesthetic was a cinch.
>>
>>52771412
In anime, your archetype IS your personality.
>>
>>52771392
>Secret Wizard
I'll take *any* of the faggots here over that fucking cunt. I don't really check there anymore, but that dumbass is someone you don't forget.
>>
File: s.jpg (36KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
36KB, 600x481px
>>52771398
>>
>>52771419
That's true for most media.
>>
>>52771405
Probably, but he's socially aware enough to keep it to himself.
>>
>>52771419
>>52771412
Can I apply the Ojou archetype to a Barbarian? What about the Kuudere archetype for Sorcerers?
>>
>>52771431
>DHB
>socially aware
>>
>>52771405
No, you don't need to personally make lewds to enjoy a non-sterile and fun general.

>>52771419
That'd be because an archetype is surprise surprise a 'base'. It's like a class in Pathfinder, but to say all, say, anes are alike is like saying all wizards are the same.

>>52771442
Probably, Definitely.
>>
>>52771431
He could be doing it as an anon.

DHB could be calling you a retarded fucking faggot RIGHT NOW
>>
File: 1485414057452.jpg (56KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
1485414057452.jpg
56KB, 600x348px
What's the most fun pathfinder character build to play?
>>
>>52771442
Yes and yes.
>>
>>52771458
The fun one.
>>
File: qtmage.png (371KB, 500x824px) Image search: [Google]
qtmage.png
371KB, 500x824px
>>52771442
>kuudere sorcerers
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>52771405
As far as I can tell he's just a solid dude all around. I have no idea why you guys so so mean to him other than the fact that he builds some funky homebrew and is kind of a sadboy.
>>
>>52771328
>Evocation
>One of the top three strongest occultist schools

...What?
Am I missing something?

That was the only one I didn't even consider.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>52771442
>Can I apply the Ojou archetype to a Barbarian?

>Refined, sophisticated noblewoman who likes to vent her frustration through ultra-violence.
>>
>>52771458
Heal slut.
>>
>>52771401
I could describe almost any female character outside of anime by these terms

You're fucking retarded

and mine isn't even on the list
>>
>>52771458
build isn't important as long as you're playing a character you can crank one out to
>>
>>52771475
Patrician taste right there.
>>
File: 1491229501003.jpg (70KB, 600x943px) Image search: [Google]
1491229501003.jpg
70KB, 600x943px
>>52771399
Does one need a reason to enjoy the sunrise?

Especially when that sunrise involves turning other people into ash.
>>
>>52771475
Nothing wrong with a bit of the old ultra-violence.
>>
>>52771473
You need some form of offense, it's either that or pick up a bow. Transmutation is another idea.
>>
>>52771458

I've found ranged characters to be the most fun, especially Slayers.
>>
>>52771444
Maybe socially aware is the wrong phrase, he is super autistic and can't really read a room, but obviously he had basic manners and "if you don't have something nice to say, keep talking about something unrelated" drilled into him as a child. I've never seen him talk about anything negatively, even people who were obviously trolling him with garbage feedback on his brews.
>>
>>52771475

>DON'T
>INTERRUPT
>MY
>FUCKING
>TEA
>TIME
>>
>>52771328
The thing about that is I don't know how to avoid banging my face into "MUH EBIL ZAMBONIS" autism without going up to my GM and going "yo, can I just say this is all animated dolls instead of undead?", at which point I'm either fucked because he said no, or sitting on the mechanical problem of "why is an animated doll necomancy instead of transmutation?"

>Evocation
School me on this, I was under the impression it was absolute ass, or mediocre at best. Does the additional spell casts actually save it, or have I been wrong all along?

>>52771353
>melee ever

Ay, there's the rub ain't it? Right now I'm running under the assumption that I will not in fact want to touch on melee, since I'm clearly meant to look good and wiggle my fingers at problems. Arcanist comes to mind for meme purposes.
>>
>>52771479
It's too bad healing sucks in Pathfinder.

I'd really like to play a healer and feel useful for once.
>>
>>52771442
Sorceress who's cold and stoic is easy enough.
Ojou would probably require either a) being an Urban Barbarian, or b) applying all the rich-girl stereotypes and mannerisms to something like a tribal chief's daughter. Just remember to have a really annoying laugh.
>>
>>52771510
play a different game.
>>
>>52771475
NEXT CONCEPT.
>>
>>52771510

But anon, Paladins have really good healing. They're also great at killing, too.
>>
>>52771458
Beguiler. Like literally any way you want to build it you'll have fun (or at least I have, and that's what's really important).
>>
>>52771510
Be a Sphere Caster. Eventually heal people for 1000's of points of damage.
>>
>>52771510
Invest in temporary HP. Heal before you get hurt!
>>
>>52771527

You should make one for Blingmaker, anon.

It's basically perfect for the concept.
>>
>>52771510
Using Psionics? Play a Vitalist. Using Spheres? Literally anything with the Life Sphere. Playing a first party only game? Play any divine class and be a bandaid out of combat.
>>
>>52771401
>Has the Ane but not the Ara ara Oneesan nor the Gal, might technically also lack the Cake after removing all those that cross with another archetype already there

OUTDATED
>>
>>52771510

PALADIN
A
L
A
D
I
N
>>
Rolled 12 + 1 (1d24 + 1)

>>52771527
Hold up rolling
>>
>>52771503
>School me on this, I was under the impression it was absolute ass, or mediocre at best. Does the additional spell casts actually save it, or have I been wrong all along?
Mainly that, it's the spells you're now getting more than its powers.
>>
>>52771525
But I like Pathfinder.

>>52771531
>>52771563
Too bad there's next to no flexibility when it comes to roleplaying as a Paladin.

>>52771548
My group only ever plays first party.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d36)

>>52771565
What the fuck that wasn't how it was supposed to go...

oh well, we'll just do it like this
>>
What's the best way to describe a character who rolled a natural 20 in Int, Wis and Cha? That's raw, before level bonuses, enhancements, magic items, etc.
>>
>>52771580
>>52771563
>>52771527

my hastily made chart of rolls says...

Bifauxnen Gunslinger.
>>
>>52771582
Rolling for stats maxes at 18, you need racial bonuses to hit 20.
>>
>>52771582
A cheater.
>>
>>52771576
Sounds like you're not very good at being a Paladin. At least go for Cleric.
>>
>>52771582
As in, that's their raw stat? That's literally not possible.
>>
>>52771582
>rolled a 20
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1474505047553.gif (1000KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474505047553.gif
1000KB, 500x281px
>>52771475

>mfw she's a Skinwalker
>>
>>52771497
Everything about it seems like shit offense for your mental focus cost.

Hell, completely unaugmented Kineticist Blasts are stronger than energy ray, and are free, and the Kineticist is infamous for subpar damage too.

The way I see Silksworn is "Your direct offense will never be up to par, put your resources into things your class is actually good at"
>>
>>52771603
>>52771602
>>52771595
>>52771593
I have made a huge mistake.gif
>>
>>52771588
SIR INTEGRA FAIRBROOK WINGATES HELLSING
>>
>>52771596
I always hear that but I never see much of an explanation why. I'm not saying you're wrong (in fact you're definitely not), but how do you play a non-stereotypical Paladin?

With alignment restrictions being so rigid I can't wrap my head around how there would be much separating Paladin A from Paladin B.
>>
File: randomroll1.png (3KB, 431x90px) Image search: [Google]
randomroll1.png
3KB, 431x90px
>>52771588
Gonna try another roll, using offsite since /tg/'s diceroller didn't want to play nice with my garbage chart.

this one says...an Aidoru Wizard.
>>
>>52771655
OBOETE IMASU KA
>>
>>52771247
Because someone in my group kept making sexy enchantment sorceress sluts who hit on all the female characters, so I made my character an asexual.autist.
>>
File: 1469356982369.jpg (577KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
1469356982369.jpg
577KB, 1200x812px
So what are the odds that if I DM a game on Roll20 and accept only applications from fellow FOREVERGMS that (assuming the campaign is fun and we get along well) we can stick together in the future and try to give preference on apps to people who have run a game for them before? Is this how things normally work?
>>
>>52771681

Sounds like something that would make a lot of people around here very happy.
>>
>>52771676
I wish Pathfinder didn't have a dumb number of classes, then I could make this into an actually usable chart

Whose fucking idea was it to have 36 goddamn classes like shit

And that shitty anime personality chart only gave me 24 personalities, ideally i'd have as many personality types as I would classes
>>
>>52771681
You know what you should do
You should run a game only for rejected players, only, taking the app directly from the reject pile or any number of games you want.
>>
>>52771698
If you think your class should define your personality then you really should not be playing a game like this.
>>
>>52771698
because classes sell books, but they don't know how to make too many classes so they fill the books with a bunch of shitty archetypes, feats, talents, spells, and the occasional shitty subsytem that nobody will use outside of the AP.
>>
File: Bloodborne Doll is Fine.gif (72KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Doll is Fine.gif
72KB, 450x600px
>>52771575
Fair enough. What's the hitch for Necromancy though, is there any way to do it without suffering from the whole "basically everything you do ever will be evil and you're going to be all zombies all the time, suck it up fag, hope you don't got no paladins hangin' around" part by RAW? Like, Soulbound Puppet is cool as fuck, and it explicitly says you can animate a doll instead of a spooky undead, but nothing else seems to actually touch on that.
>>
File: randomroll2.png (4KB, 436x91px) Image search: [Google]
randomroll2.png
4KB, 436x91px
>>52771728
Anon do you not get the point

I was rolling classes to match up with the anime personality chart provided above,

The difference in number of personalities and classes makes it less than optimal.

For example

This one says

'Cleric Ane'
>>
File: 1489161050252.jpg (105KB, 434x683px) Image search: [Google]
1489161050252.jpg
105KB, 434x683px
/pfg/ which celeb characters are pure copies of an anime archetype?
>>
>>52771647
Personality =/= Alignment. You can roleplay a Paladin of basically any personality as long as they're Lawful and Good by raw. A Paladin is allowed to booze, whore, party, and brawl and they'll still be a Paladin as long as they uphold a creed and always strive to do what's right. A jovial Paladin who tells dad jokes and sleeps most of the day is still as legitimate as an all business Paladin with a stick up his ass and the full WIS dump.

And putting that aside, the problem with alignments has NEVER been that they're too strict, it's always been that they're way too broad. There're so many different interpretations of each alignment and how aspects of an individual falls into one that it shouldn't be hard to justify several different attitudes on a Paladin. A pacifist Paladin that strives to take people in for their crimes and redeem them sis as as valid an interpretation as a relentless destroyer who seeks evil and strikes it down at the first evidence of wrong doing.

Your personality can be anything, your path can be anything that's lawful and good. You could even go as far as playing a sadistic blood-fetish Paladin that none the less always upkeeps his promise to harm only those deserving and always volunteers first to go to the most dangerous battlefields to provide succor, you're still probably good.
>>
File: randomroll3.png (4KB, 435x91px) Image search: [Google]
randomroll3.png
4KB, 435x91px
>>52771768
Almost no characters are a 'pure copy'

This one is a Bokukko Hunter
>>
How big of a boost in power would this be for Disciple of the Pike cavalier:
>make their cavalier levels count as fighter levels for the purpose of taking feats

What this opens up is a few fighter only feats like the critical and disruptive feat trees, but mainly it opens up the AWT feat, meaning a cavalier could spend a feat to get an AWT.

It'd be significant but I don't think by any means game breaking.
>>
>>52771761
There's a bunch of necromancy spells that aren't "real" necromancy, like Circle of Death, Undeath to Death, Eyebite, and so on. Most instant death spells aren't evil.

>>52771765
>cleric healslut oneechan
AHHHHHH
>>
>>52771768
Onryou is a straight former onna banchou.
>>
>>52771770
I personally believe that enjoying bloodshed/killing in any capacity bars you from being good.

The occasional adrenaline lust sure, but bloodthirsty and Good do not go together.
>>
>>52771770
>A Paladin is allowed to booze, whore, party, and brawl and they'll still be a Paladin as long as they uphold a creed and always strive to do what's right.

A lot of DMs, unfortunately, would disagree with this.

>A pacifist Paladin that strives to take people in for their crimes and redeem them sis as as valid an interpretation as a relentless destroyer who seeks evil and strikes it down at the first evidence of wrong doing.

These are the only two types of Paladins I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1474538947414.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474538947414.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>52771593
>>52771595
>>52771602
>>52771603
>Not rolling 1d20 down the line for stats
>>
>>52771768
>>52771804
Considering all characters in lewd games were designed to be sexually attractive, and anime has also hugely explored that character space, I'm more curious if there are any characters in pfg lewd games that /aren't/ an anime trope on some level.
>>
>>52771832
I'd rather roll 1d20+10.
>>
>>52771768
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>52771834
>Attractive people is now an anime trope

Outstanding.
>>
what is the best firearm in the game?
tech guns are in the running too, but not the ones above 50k gp
>>
File: 1483109287339.png (152KB, 819x525px) Image search: [Google]
1483109287339.png
152KB, 819x525px
>>52771789
>Tomboy Hunter
> /fit/ girl from years of exercising and training in combat and in attunement with the wild, probably a beast in bed
Diamonds/10
>>
>>52771859
Longbow
>>
>>52771401
Hey /pfg/, here's a challenge. Take one od these weeaboo character archetypes, make it an interesting and 3D character, and write it in a way so that it sounds more like a superior civilized Western character concept rather than a crappy uncultured Chinese cartoon one.
>>
>>52771799
Do... Do occultists actually get those spells, though? What will a Necromancy-based Occultist be doing if NOT handling undead? I was under the impression that them being pretty gud minionmancers was what made it the "best" for Silksworn?
>>
>>52771834
These people are incapable of considering anything beyond the realm of anime.

If it didn't come from a cartoon, they can't wrap their brain around it.
>>
>>52771878
i said firearm, legolas
>>
>>52771834
>I'm more curious if there are any characters in pfg lewd games that /aren't/ an anime trope on some level.

Everyone in Dragons and Dragons 2 is totally anime, everyone in FotJR is totally anime, Valeriya and Casimir and Corwin aren't really anime in SotJR, everyone in HR besides 2hu isn't anime, Bonbon and Sigmund and Gloriana and Cashmere aren't anime in PLD.

>>52771859
>tech guns are in the running too, but not the ones above 50k gp

Laser Rifle, assuming you figure out a way to get your Silverdiscs recharged.
>>
>>52771357
Uh, I made Fairy Volition. Still very anime, but not exactly catgirl.
>>
File: randomroll4.png (3KB, 428x93px) Image search: [Google]
randomroll4.png
3KB, 428x93px
>>52771874
how about an Ojou Magus
>>
>>52771816
There's no interpretation of alignments that'd have bloodthirst prevent a character from being good, it's an inner struggle if they're reining it in, but otherwise it's habit that doesn't even have to impede the intent, the action, or the results of goodness itself.

Just think of it as the murderhobo version of having a foot fetish. It's fine until it's a problem.
>>
>>52771887
>>52771852
Anime focuses more heavily on attractive characters than any other category because of their main demographics, so I would be surprised if there were any character archetypes that could be spun attractively that haven't been already done a few times in anime.
>>
File: Hunter_Woman.jpg (106KB, 700x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter_Woman.jpg
106KB, 700x1068px
>>52771874
I'll probably go for something like that soon, actually.
>>
>>52771890
>Laser Rifle
What makes specifically the laser rifle better than the other options? Being able to shoot through a wall of force? Fire damage gets very bad very quickly, doesn't it?
>>
>>52771852
>>52771887
That's not what he's saying, he's saying that almost any fucking attractive character, and a lot of non-attractive ones, are some anime archetype or another because it's a fucking massive collection of work. Complaining about anime is literally like complaining about written literature because it's not a genre, it's not even a fucking form like poetry vs. novel, it's literally a medium and a fucking wide one at that.
>>
>>52771916
You know what else has attractive characters

Western movies and TV shows

I know, its shocking,but people like watching other attractive people.
>>
>>52771820
Then you need to find less shit players, desu.
>>
>>52771900
Ojous make everything better.
>>
File: 375px-Ragathiel_holy_symbol.jpg (32KB, 375x420px) Image search: [Google]
375px-Ragathiel_holy_symbol.jpg
32KB, 375x420px
>>52771816
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I ascended top of my class in the empyreal lords, and I’ve been involved in numerous holy raids on Lamashtu, and I have over 300000 confirmed kills. I am trained in angle warfare and I’m the top swordsman in the entire upper planes. You are nothing to me but just another demon. I will wipe you the fuck out with fury the likes of which has never been seen before on Golarion, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of archons across Avistan and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my wings. Not only am I extensively trained in aerial combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Heaven and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit holy fire all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1428878991939.jpg (94KB, 471x650px) Image search: [Google]
1428878991939.jpg
94KB, 471x650px
>>52771884

>Respectable older noblewoman sets out to adventure after the line of succession has been secured, and she finally has the golden opportunity to put her private dueling lessons to good use

She's refined, elegant, endearingly ignorant when it comes to matters of the common people.
>>
>>52771890
Valeriya's one I've always had a hard time pinning down. Her art seems to straddle that line between western and Japanese style to my eye.
>>
>>52771927
>Missing my point again

Name good character archetypes that anime doesn't have

anon in his answer proceeds to show they just haven't watched enough anime
>>
File: randomroll5.png (4KB, 426x91px) Image search: [Google]
randomroll5.png
4KB, 426x91px
>>52771932
Last one and then i'll fuck off

Bokkuko Sorcerer.
>>
>>52771927
>Western movies and TV shows

Really? Because like I turn on the TV and half the female characters look old and vaguely haggard.
>>
>>52771935
Who invited to god of stormwind paladins?
>>
File: Luvia.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Luvia.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>52771900
OHOHOHOHO
>>
>>52771927
Western movies and TV shows have plenty of common tropes found in anime, but they're not interpreted as such because they're not being used in anime. Do you even know what Tsundere is? It's literally the melting girl, the one who is originally harsh and condenscending and later warm once you've proved yourself. That's one of the oldest fucking female archetypes anywhere. Just about any archetype you can find somewhere else has appeared in anime before because anime is a huge fucking medium.
>>
>>52771884
Easy, make everyone of these archetypes older, and a basic bitch/slut.
>>
>>52771954
that's because normal, well-adjusted people don't watch a lot of anime you fucking sperg
>>
>>52771949
>Her art seems to straddle that line between western and Japanese style to my eye.

Really? It's very clearly Western to me. Is it the face?
>>
>>52771964
It's funny to me that tsundere used to mean "ice queen who warms up to you over time" and now it means "domestic abuser who happens to be a cute girl"
>>
>>52771982
flanderization
>>
>>52771890
>Bonbon and Sigmund and Gloriana and Cashmere aren't anime in PLD

You what now?
Backstories tailored to the setting aside,
>Bonbon is typical optimistic mischievous genki girl, in a clown suit
>Sigmund is typical handsome wise old man with regrets
>Gloriana is typical caring older sister plus carefree airhead
>Cashmere is typical tsundere ojou
>>
>>52771969
>Is it the face?
I think that might be it, I've had a hard time putting my finger exactly on what it is that gives me the anime vibe.
>>
File: flandre epic scream.jpg (363KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
flandre epic scream.jpg
363KB, 1024x768px
>>52771988
This Flandre?
>>
>>52771982
>neotsunderes
>tsundere
They're tsun-dere-tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-dere-tsun-dere

>>52771988
The thing is, the 'abuse' thing started as a visual gag, like the giant cross-veins or massive sweatdrop. Girls taking out a hammer the size of a small car and smashing you into orbit while going XD BAKA XD was meant to be shorthand for "and then she got mad as fuck and rant and relatively temporary reduction of goodwill towards him that I'm not going to actually write out in full because you get the point and narrative purpose is served". Then people took it literally.
>>
>>52771956
I'd say Bazett but she likely has martial levels. Eldritch Scrapper may be a shit archetype but it's still a thing.
>>
>It's another "NO THIS IS ANIME" "NO IT'S NOT" episode

it's almost like anime is literally just animations that happen to come from moonland, rather than an actual genre
>>
>>52771967
>he can't answer the original question once he finally understands it
>so he throws out an insult

normal well adjusted people don't shitpost on tabletop game boards
>>
>>52771997
>genki
It just means energetic. She's energetic. Translating it to Japanese doesn't mean she's anime, it just means you're a weeb. Either that or you think every energetic character ever is anime.
>>
>>52771997
Um, no. Bonbon is now typical used up troll cocksleeve.
>>
>>52772034
That's what "everything I dislike is anime"fags actually believe, along with thinking the defrosting ice queen and noble hero archetypes are anime.
>>
File: 1469340496749.jpg (2MB, 1000x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1469340496749.jpg
2MB, 1000x1045px
>>52771697
My main concern is that the players wont end up reciprocating after the campaign is through, but I suppose that is a matter of how well everyone gets along.

>>52771717
If not enough foreverDMs get on board maybe, the point is to create a group to give preference to DMs to reward them for filling the more in demand role all the time. But do feel sorry for those who lack the confidence to DM and can't find one because of the massively unhealthy DM-PC balance.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (1015KB, 2634x734px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
1015KB, 2634x734px
I hope this clears things up.
>>
>>52771982
I'm surprised that conception still sticks around.
There was a phase where anime was really awful with it (kugimiya rie typecast characters) but now I've really got to think about the last time I've seen a tsundere that violent in a popular anime within the last year or two.
>>
>>52772023
I blame Rumiko Takahashi.
>>
>>52771681
just run a game for /pfg/ most of us are foreverdms
>>
Legacy of Blood & Flame tonight!
>>
>>52772057
So old /pfg/ are literal shitposters?
>>
>>52771997

If you're going to boil them down that much than anything could sound anime, the characters weren't written to adhere to anime tropes and they certainly don't express them in action.
>>
>>52772057
New /pfg/ is better desu
>>
>>52772069
I hope it's a bamboozle the the GM never shows.
>>
>>52772071
seems about right

we went from organized chaos to an /a/ writethread
>>
>>52771920

I... I just like laser rifles because they're pew pew lasers, I thought they did Force damage not Fire.
>>
>>52772034
No, I'm saying anime has energetic endearing characters in the same vein, so Bon-bon isn't 'Not Anime'.
Hence why Genki has evolved into an actual archetype name with additional connotations beyond just being energetic.

>>52772040
You're right, my bad. That's also an anime trope, though.
>>
>>52772062
I think it's that people--both fans and writers--/think/ that no longer being violent and psychotic is an "innovative" take on tsundere.
>>
>>52772068
>just run a game for /pfg/
So a normal fucking game with 25 apps and 20 rejections
You know what
We should have a game run with 2-3 parties of 5 each and the game has the parties actually come into conflict, that would satisfy everyone.
>>
>>52772104
Whats wrong with that?

Seriously whats wrong with giving 25 people a chance
>>
>>52772062
People have gotten downright sick of the garbage at long last
Tsundere were like borderline yandere at that point.
>>
File: 1491005350261.jpg (93KB, 492x298px) Image search: [Google]
1491005350261.jpg
93KB, 492x298px
>>52772104
>living campaign
>>
>>52772069
What's it good for if there're no memes.
>>
>>52772116
because of those 25 you're really only giving like 9 a chance and then you turn down 4-5 of those and keep your favorites
the rest just get dumpstered instantly
>>
>>52772116
Because that's the same thing that happens literally every other game.

>>52772123
It could work. None of us are assholes that would quit on each other right?
>>
>>52772124

That's what the titty-MILF is for.
>>
>>52772082
Too late for that, GM already showed. The game is underway.
>>
>>52772072
Nobody sits down and says 'I want to adhere to the textbook rendition of an anime archetype' and writes it.
People use archetypes as starting points.
Many archetypes can be seen in anime because of the extensiveness of the medium.
>>
>>52772129
>>52772131
So basically you just want to get into a game without even trying?
>>
File: gloom.jpg (701KB, 2100x2900px) Image search: [Google]
gloom.jpg
701KB, 2100x2900px
I asked this in the last thread and didn't get much of a response, so I figured I'd try again.

Is there a feat like the Precise Bombs feat except for general splash weapons and not bombs? I'm trying to make an Alchemist with the Gloom Chymist archetype and I'm a little concerned that combat might end up being tedious with two melee characters in my group.

Also, can anyone offer any general advice for building/playing a Gloom Chymist?

Normally I'd go looking for a guide or something, but I actually haven't been able to find any information about this archetype outside of pic related.
>>
>>52772158
yes
>>
>>52770908
The DM to player ratio is skewed pretty much everywhere, and it takes much less effort to play in multiple campaigns than to run multiple campaigns at the same time. And of course, since the ratio IS skewed, people like to apply to multiple campaigns at the same time with the assumption that they'll get rejected at least some of the time.
>>
>>52772160
If your GM seriously does not let Precise Bombs apply to Gloom, then you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>52772158
No, I want to get into game without being put through a shredder, 30% of which is blind luck, 60% of which is the GM's magical realm, and 10% of which is my actual app.
>>
>>52772160
no there's no feat like that
>>
File: 1489383507111.gif (429KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1489383507111.gif
429KB, 500x255px
>>52772131
>None of us are assholes that would quit on each other right?
Goddamnit. Molthune still hurts.
>>
>>52772131
>>52772129

Literally just 'git gud'
DMs aren't doing a community service for pfg, they want to run a good game and will pick the best players.

If you're not getting picked enough then step up or find another community.
>>
>>52772179
"I just want to get into a game even though my apps are shit and i don't deserve it"

Maybe try making characters that aren't just blonde fuckbois.
>>
>>52772094
>No, I'm saying anime has energetic endearing characters in the same vein, so Bon-bon isn't 'Not Anime'.
As do video games, and western animation, and literature. You're debasing your system of categorization by making it too broad in an attempt to include everything.
>>
File: 1396476757855.png (138KB, 253x357px) Image search: [Google]
1396476757855.png
138KB, 253x357px
>>52772153
>People use archetypes as starting points.

But anon... What if none of them actually sat down and thought, "I wanna make X anime archetype?"
>>
>>52772158
No, I'm sick of trying and then not getting in and then waiting on a campaign concept I like again only to try hard again and not get in.
>>
>>52772190
You're missing the point of his original post you dumbass
You can't be a 'foreverDM' if you're getting into games.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>52772196
>>
>>52772179
Is it really such an unpopular opinion here that generally speaking, the best apps are usually the ones to make it into /pfg/ games?
>>
>>52772209
Its actually a fucking fact, which is why the roll20 rando in WWW got in

Because his app was just better.
>>
>>52772193
>Maybe try making characters that aren't just blonde fuckbois.
Ironic since at least 75% of all the popular male /pfg/ characters are blondes.
>>
>>52772209

The results for WWW made that obvious enough.

I mean holy shit, Jenny was a rando and that character was AMAZING.
>>
>>52772124
Why wouldn't there be memes? DHB is in the game.
>>
>>52772217
Thats the joke
>>
>>52772174
>>52772183
I'm sure they'd probably be fine with it, but for once I'd like to build a character that didn't have to bend a bunch of rules to be useful.

Why did they make it so bomb feats didn't apply to glooms anyway? Would it really be too strong? Gloom Chymist isn't even compatible with any of the other archetypes that make bombs good in the first place.
>>
>>52772194
Anime IS that broad.

>>52772209
I think that BAD apps rarely get in, but then you have games where half the apps are good but only half of THOSE can get in.
>>
>>52770953
>More supplements which will not fix the game?

I hate faggots like you, if Pathfinder/3.5 is so fucking broken why don't you play anything else?
>>
>>52772217
Of which, the ones that actually get in generally have good personalities and motivations.
>>
>>52772231
I really can't think of many BAD apps from a /pfg/ game that weren't very blatant shit posts.
>>
>>52772194
I'm not saying anime is a mutually exclusive category, anon.
Appearing in anime doesn't mean it's absent from anywhere else.

I'm not fucking asking 'which characters are anime specific concepts'
I'm asking the much broader 'which characters are of a type hardly ever seen in anime', so a broad categorization fits.
>>
>>52772220
I wouldn't say amazing, but she's damn well designed.

She's basically Hijikata from Drifters
>>
>>52772246
Rory
>>
>>52772243
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that bit.
>>
>>52772246
That's the point, lots of times there's plenty of quality apps but only some of them can be chosen.

>>52772243
lmao
>>
>>52772231
As is every medium. But nobody says "man /pfg/ characters are just ripped out of French literature," because they understand that it's oversimplifying both the characters and French literature to compare them.
>>
>>52772228
who the fuck knows why Paizo does this dumb shit
>>
>>52772285
And retards don't understand that the same applies to anime, what a surprise.
>>
File: CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg (105KB, 671x995px) Image search: [Google]
CONSTRUCTION MAN 2.jpg
105KB, 671x995px
>>52772228
>Why did Paizo make something for alchemist that's full of shitty restrictions that turn it into more of a liability than an actual fun option most of the time?

We just don't know, anon. What sucks even more is since we're so flooded with garbage alchemist stuff from Paizo, there's little to no chance of someone (like EhnJolly) to come up behind them to scoop everything up and breath new life into it.
>>
>>52772283
So the best of the best get in, whats wrong with that?

You're sounding mighty fucking communist m8
>>
>>52772222
As a reverse trap no less.
>>
>>52772262
>Anime comparison

You did that on purpose.

I laughed
>>
>>52772283
You're right, meme games are the exception.
>>
File: 1436022660458.png (121KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436022660458.png
121KB, 480x480px
>>52772262
>She's basically Hijikata from Drifters

I...

What? She's got more in common with the archetypal ex-rebel soldier-turned-gun as was the case with many of the famous bandits of the Old West.

She's more Malcolm Reynolds if anything.
>>
>>52772124
Shipping. Best ships in pfg. Prove me wrong
>>
>>52772255
>I'm asking the much broader 'which characters are of a type hardly ever seen in anime', so a broad categorization fits.
A question so broad as to be meaningless. Fuck off.
>>
>>52772297
How the fuck is that communist you dumb shit? And no, it's not always the 'best of the best', oftentimes it comes down to the GM's personal preference or what OTHER applicants applied with, which you have zero control over.
>>
>>52771272
To faggots like you who think /pfg/ should include weeaboo lewdposting and circlejerking about characters in games they're not even in or playing.

Just go to fanfiction's erp forum, they're happy to have the same stupid, childish erp and loldisiswutmycharacterRoywoulddlo posts with the quality you could literally expect from the shittiest hentai you could possibly find. You literally don't need pathfinder to do this, in fact there are systems out there that are far better suited to entertain you annoying fucking virgins who like to have pretend sex with other men.
>>
>>52772332
>he isn't a mind reader
lol
>>
>>52772291

Anime characters only rarely have depth.
>>
>>52772332
"Whaaa i -deserve- to be in a game because I'm breathing! Breathing entitles me to be in games!"
>>
File: 5475576576.png (347KB, 469x337px) Image search: [Google]
5475576576.png
347KB, 469x337px
>>52772292
I've been going through alchemist archetypes over the past few days and it really seems like they're all straight downgrades, with one or two exceptions.

Why even bother?
>>
>>52772315
anon
>>52772305
>>
>>52771890
What's Calsi's anime trope personality? I don't actually know much about anime that isn't like 20+ years old
>>
>>52772344
>generalization and simplification are bad things
>HERE I GO GENERALIZING AND SIMPLIFYING!
>>
>>52772349
That's not really what he's saying at all.
>>
>>52772344
The same can be said of literature, with the exception of classics, which are few and far between compared to the sea of shit the people centuries ago sifted throug for you.

>>52772349
What? No seriously. Look at the last app in shardwalkers.
>>
>>52772332
"i'm a big baby and want the GM to pick based of of (((fairness))) and not what he wants, despite there being no laws, regulations, or codes on the matter"

t. commie
>>
>>52772367
"REEEE HOW DARE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO GET INTO GAMES GET INTO GAMES, IIII WANT TO GET IN GAMES"
>>
>>52771884
Shut the fuck up, literally every application to any /pfg/ game has already tried to do this. You can't.
>>
>>52772318
Thanks for finally understanding the question I was asking at least, anon!
>>
>>52772332
>oftentimes it comes down to the GM's personal preference or what OTHER applicants applied with, which you have zero control over.

This is why you should always keep an ear to the ground and listen to the way the design direction is going.

Is everyone making a noble of some sort in a campaign about hunting monsters and traveling the countryside? Make a hunter that can track, travel and trail with the best of them.

It's also all about presenting yourself as a friendly, open person that could get along with other players. Everybody wants a Golden Retriever, but nobody wants one that snarls and snaps or is just plain boring, no matter how golden their coat might be.
>>
>>52772368
Whats wrong with the last app in shardwalkers?
>>
>>52772369
Seriously, fuck commies.
>>
>>52772386
they fucking ruined subbing.
>>
>>52772371
Are you going to make an honest attempt to refute his point or are you just going to shit post at him?
>>
>>52772377
>intentionally asking pointless questions
Eat shit you autistic fuck.
>>
>>52772378
>nobody wants one that snarls and snaps
I don't DM for /pfg/ but I prioritize conflicts over compliments when looking over characters for games I do DM.
>>
File: 1428686491520.jpg (41KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1428686491520.jpg
41KB, 1024x576px
>>52772368
>which are few and far between compared to the sea of shit the people centuries ago sifted throug for you.

>mfw reading The Golden Ass by Apuleius
>mfw the characters actually have depth
>mfw this is a "common person" book from the 2nd century.

And then I read the stories from Canterbury Tales and I kinda agree with you.
>>
>>52772400
RUB A DUB DUB THANKS FOR THE GRUB
>>
>>52772344
>Anime is a buzzword I use to describe characters that don't have depth

Amazing.
>>
>>52772401
"I deserve to get into games! Its not FAIR that better apps than mine get in!"
>>
>>52772369
>echoes
Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>52772363
>What's Calsi's anime trope personality?

Pop Idol.
>>
>>52772420
She's more of literally jessica rabbit but a dragon
>>
>>52772369
The /pol/ vision of Jews would hate communism, first of all, due to what it is by definition, which despite /pol/ not understanding it exists as a seperate entity, however retarded.
Secondly, that's not even what communism would say.
Thirdly, that doesn't make sense. I'm not complaining that people with bad apps aren't chosen, or saying that the GM doesn't have the right to kick them out, since he's the, you know, fucking GM. I'm saying that a lot of times the apps that get rejected are lively apps in their own right, they just roll a nat 1.

>>52772404
Canterbury is basically just a collection of fireside tales nothing more, which is also likely to be why it's written in Middle English.

>>52772379
Nothing, it's not a bad app, but it also seems just average.

>>52772400
FFF's Konosuba S2 was far worse.
>>
>>52772417
>/pol/ boogieman
>>
>>52772415
So the latter then.
> And no, it's not always the 'best of the best',
>>
Can someone link WWW's apps?
>>
>>52772429
A lot of the Shardwalker's apps were pretty bad though.
>>
>>52772401
I feel >>52772378 was a pretty good and well thought out refute.
>>
Let's save this topic by talking about well-played evil characters that you have seen in good parties.
>>
>>52772441
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4790646/applications-go-here
>>
>>52772429
So what the fuck are you complaining about then? The apps that don't get in were good? How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>52772433
Except those (((echoes))) were pretty much popularized via "/pol/ the podcast"
>>
>>52772424

I know, but the anon asked for an anime trope and I gave him one.

>>52772403

Of course, hugboxes are cancerous and stifle development of people or products.

But what I mean is... You don't have to be an ass about advice or criticism - you can be harsh, but words have power and there's plenty of ways to load your reply.
>>
>>52772439
>muh millunahs and billunahs
>>
>>52772470
Well, you recognize them, so you must be /pol/ too!
>>
>>52772420
>pop
How dare you.
>>
>>52772481
>INCOMING SCATHING TIRADE
>>
>>52772449
That's pretty much a non statement though.
>make something that fits the campaign
Surprise! Most people do that.
>the rest
So basically shill yourself on the discord and be buddy, buddy with the GM. Otherwise you really don't have many chances to present yourself one way or the other.
>>
>>52772479
Shit, I knew what they were. Does that make me /pol/ too?
>>
File: 2huFLIP.gif (548KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2huFLIP.gif
548KB, 1200x800px
>>52772358
I can think of exactly four off the top of my head that don't fuck you over hardcore.
>Vivesectionist, which turns you into a Rogue +1, even compared to URogue
>Beastmorph, which is typically combined with Vivesectionist to create horrific pouncing murderbeasts
>Preservationist, which is a straight upgrade for anyone who doesn't need ALL DAY Mutagen
>Grenadier, literally a bomber's wet dream since you can grab a longbow and shit for almost no cost

Looking at it again, Trap Breaker and Homunculist lose basically nothing of value (Mutagen? You can take it back). Other transformative archetypes are typically kneecapping you (memethean) or just weaking in you in exchange for "muh flavor" (bramble brewer). That and there's just SO MANY FUCKING ARCHETYPES. It feels like it has more archetypes than discoveries now.
>>
>>52772481

Calsci is one smartphone away from getting her sex vids and/or nude pics posted on a Fappening.
>>
>>52772433
>using ((()))
>not being /pol/
If you're not /pol/ and you're using stormfront slang you're probably just a newfag shitposter.

>>52772448
Zokat and Brynhildr both deserved to get in over the Witch, in my opinion.

>>52772465
>how is that a bad thing
It technically isn't. Having 20 good apps applying to a game is better than having 5 and 15 garbage, but the idea is that sometimes you actually submit a good app and it turns out you literally just didn't make the GM's dick tickle or you rolled low, and there's nothing you can do about it, which is why a game for "forever DMs" aka those who can't get into games for whatever reason NOT NECESSARILY THEIR OWN FAULT shouldn't just be a normal /pfg/ game, that makes the entire setup meaningless.
>>
>>52772492
>he believes in nepotism discord memes
>>
>>52772479
You don't really need to be /pol/ to be aware of /pol/ lingo.
>>
>>52772503
Its almost like you and the DM have different opinions.
>>
>>52772448
Oh? Please elaborate. Did you think the apps that got in were bad, and how?
>>
>>52772508
And you don't need to be a part of a culture to appropriate aspects of it.
>>
>>52772524
Nah, I think the ones that got in were probably the best, I just think there were a lot of uninspiring apps
>>
>>52772505
>not believing in the bailey and spork memes.
>>
>>52772525
Well shit, you got me.
>>
>>52772332
Honestly I ever got the issue with nepotism. It makes sense to me that a DM would prioritize players he trusts, knowing that anyone he takes could be one of the anons he might regularly argue with over topics.

It's natural for a DM to want the best campaign for themselves. Obscure factors like secret themes might play into who he selects, party compatibility might play into who he selects, and of course he should consider personal preferences. Like, double up on that last one, because even if the DM doesn't take his own fetishes into consideration at all, it makes sense for a DM who enjoys certain characterizations to take on those characterizations.

This still doesn't necessarily conflict with the notion that the best of the best get in. If there're a lot of apps with similar backstory or mechanical space, the best one usually gets in. In a lot of cases, the DM will take multiple characters he likes. LoBaF has two streetwise DEX duelists and two exotic Soulknives. Shardwalkers expanded itself to account for two parties of similar themes. Versatility and the ability to identify and snipe strong characterizations is a mark of a good appcrafter, and a decent sign of a solid player.
>>
>>52772503
Zokat made it in thanks to the science/magic split.
>>
>>52772492
>Missing the important bit

>>52772332 is claiming that there's a lot of luck involved because you don't have control of what other people apply with. The refute then asserted that you have control of how much you're willing to change your app to better fit in with what other people have applied with, therefore luck relating to who else applies is only significant a factor if you choose to willingly ignore other applications.

You better not reply with some form of 'that's not the right way to app and if you do that you're selling out'
>>
>>52772525
>you don't need to be a shit-eater to eat shit
Damn, got me there.
>>
>>52772549
nepotism meme isn't even a real meme anyways
>>
>>52772505
Is it true that DHB avoids the discords like the plague?
>>
>>52772572
That's because it isn't a meme, it's just the truth.
>>
>>52772492
>Surprise! Most people do that.

Anon... Are you forgetting Legacy of Blood and Fire, where the DM actually came out and said too many people were making Outsiders?

It's not just about being fluff-wise unique, it's also about being mechanically unique. If everyone's making melee damage dealers, make a dedicated healer. If everyone's going magic, make a tank. If everyone's going every which way, make a skill monkey.

>So basically shill yourself on the discord and be buddy, buddy with the GM. Otherwise you really don't have many chances to present yourself one way or the other.

Absolutely not, I'm saying you should have good manners when asking questions, or seem friendly and constructive if (or probably) when the DM PMs you with a review.

Be someone the DM wants to hang around for 3 hours every Friday night.

God dammit is Captcha dying for anyone else? I went through five sign Captchas that ended with "Captcha has failed, try again."
>>
>>52772581
No its not.If Nepotism meme was real we would have seen way different picks for Shardwalkers and WWW, I guarantee it.
>>
>>52772572
I'm amazed the constant use of the word nepotism has somehow made people forget once upon a time the STANDARD game group forming process was just the DM inviting people they like and then filling any remaining slots.
>>
File: TRIGGERED.gif (4MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.gif
4MB, 718x404px
>>52772590
>make a tank

>tank

>TANK
>>
>>52772593
If (((the GM))) doesn't want it it doesn't happen
>>
>>52772602
Realistically the app process leaves much less space for Nepotism.
>>
>>52772557
>you better not reply with an actual counter argument.
Yes, because twisting and compromising your character to better fit in somehow with upwards of 30+ people is SO fucking fun right? May as well just have /pfg/ make your character by committee.
>>
>>52772500
Yeah, I guess I'm just salty the more unique looking archetypes aren't more viable.

The good ones basically say "trade the shit you're never going to use for shit that makes you better at what you want to do", and the interesting looking ones say "trade everything for a gimmick that's going to end up being useless anyway."
>>
>>52772505
Laddio not even him but I've been around since IRC raided the site, I was around for Kojak's bullshit on /gsg/, I was around for all sorts of off-site raids and in-site nepotism. It DOES happen. Whether it happens here is something up to debate.

>>52772517
That has fucking nothing to do with my argument. In fact it supports it - it really winds down to personal preference and blind fucking luck. Even if you think neither is actually better, neither of them are objectively worse.

>>52772549
Of course it conflicts with that notion that the best of the best get in, because if an otherwise good app does nothing wrong but not know the GM personally and/or not go well with the party the GM's personal friends have made (that the applicant has no way of knowing) or simply don't work with his fetish or whatever. It has 'no fault of your own', there's just nothing you can possibly do about it.
No of course the GM has the right to do that. The GM probably should do that otherwise he'll lose interest and just make the campaign less interesting for everyone. But that doesn't mean that otherwise solid apps weren't denied.

>>52772557
Problem is you don't know what the GM is going for, you can't actually build around the party, only the party you think is likely and if you guess wrong too bad.

>>52772602
It would be way less of a problem if it were something like Rhuese which the GM explicitly says "so these two slots are already taken".
>>
>>52772454
Most "well-played evil" characters are just neutral faggots pretending to be evil for attention.
>>
>>52772590
>God dammit is Captcha dying for anyone else? I went through five sign Captchas that ended with "Captcha has failed, try again."
Signs have been shit for me since they introduced the cars/vehicles.
>>
>>52772573

Yeah, some other meme players don't seem to like going on there as well.
>>
>>52772573
DHB isn't a tremendous faggot so he does.
>>
>>52772590
>>52772616
legacy captcha.
>>
>>52772604

That's basically what a Warder is, anon!
>>
>Nepotism
Does this really bother people that much? Friends like to game with friends. You don't have to turn it into some autistic conspiracy.
>>
>>52772636
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU USE THE WORD TOON I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU
>>
>>52772590
>I'm saying you should have good manners when asking questions,
Most people who aren't 2hu do just that.
>seem friendly and constructive if (or probably) when the DM PMs you with a review.
What game has this happened for bar PLD which is it's own abberent cluster fuck and Blingmaker?

What if you don't have any questions?
>>52772590
>Outsider doesn't fit the campaign where Outsider is a campaign trait
>>
>>52772618
>some other meme players don't seem to like going on there as well.

Which ones?

>>52772642

It only bothers people who can't network, which is fuck-easy for Roll20 and such.
>>
>>52772646
Why did people actually use that word it sounds so retarded

>>52772642
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying.
>>
>>52772646
>TOON
I've always hated that fucking term. I feel your rage.
>>
>>52772501
Her normal clothes don't really leave much to the imagination.
>>
>>52772609
>not figuring out how to make something that you still enjoy that also complements the other applicants well
>blaming their own failures on the system demanding too much from them

Literally git gud.

You don't complement all 30 apps, just the ones you think are most likely to get in
>>
>>52772656
STOP with your reddit spacing jesus motherfucking christ
>>
>>52772681
and then you guess wrong
>>
>>52772454
Valeriya. Not necessarily the way her player runs her, but the way /pfg/ sees her.
>>
>>52772642
Because apps are portrayed as a competition, so why bother fucking competing if you can just give the DM a handy under the table and get what you want?
>>
>>52772655
>What if you don't have any questions?
Then you don't ask any questions, and let your app speak for itself!

>Outsider doesn't fit the campaign where Outsider is a campaign trait

It's a trait that was used by like 80% of the players, it was stupid.

>>52772683
Mama taught me to always leave a space between text.
>>
>>52772613
>Problem is you don't know what the GM is going for, you can't actually build around the party, only the party you think is likely and if you guess wrong too bad.

Holy shit PM the GM and ask

Why does everyone act like every campaign has secret themes that the GM won't just clarify on if you message them saying 'hey is this going to be a bad fit for the campaign'
>>
>>52772695
Realistic desu
If I sucked my DM off, literally, on a regular basis I expect to get in breezily.
>>
>>52772671
>Why did people actually use that word it sounds so retarded

it's applicable, isn't it?

if you're going to build an anime character then wouldn't it make sense for people to call it what it is? a cartoon?
>>
>>52772695
Well then you best start getting good at DM handies if you can't get into games the normal way
>>
File: 1478648315942.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1478648315942.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>52772712
>>
>>52772678

Pop Idols run on America rules for nudity; it doesn't count unless you see a slit or some nipples.
>>
>>52772706
>Holy shit PM the GM and ask
Ask who the fuck they're picking?

>>52772712
>an anime character
*looks at /pfg/ games*
*doesn't see an anime for it*
>>
>>52772613
>Problem is you don't know what the GM is going for, you can't actually build around the party, only the party you think is likely and if you guess wrong too bad.

That's a good thing. If I make a really inspired character that I really want to play and it gets rejected because it doesn't fit the DM's vision of the campaign, then I'm glad to know this beforehand rather than finding it out after a miserable 4 sessions in.

Rejection isn't necessarily a bad thing. Think of rejection from a game as an indication that your vision and the GM'a vision doesn't match up. Continue to make characters that you want to play rather than just ones that would stroke the GM and give you the best chances (but would possibly be more boring to you).
>>
>>52772681
See
>>52772690
I'm not a motherfucking mind reader.
>>
>>52772731
I would watch an anime for at least one of the /pfg/ games

not one of the jade regent games though
>>
>>52772695
>take a test to compete and get into some selective thing
>or ride the examiner's dick
yeah hmmm
>>
>>52772741
Git gud

you do know that some people on /pfg/ have a 100% success rate on getting into games.
>>
>>52772690
git gud at guessing

Nobody said it was easy, but it's still much less luck than salty anons are claiming
>>
>>52772612
Boy howdy do I know what you mean here. I've been having to try homebrewing out the ass because while the party loves my character's concept and such, my ability to contribute feels like I've got more in common with a random Expert NPC class plucked up off the street a lot of the time.

It's making me want to just make a stock ragepounce barbarian or two-hander SS Inquisitor for my next character, just so I don't have to worry about whether I'll be useful or not.
>>
>>52772742
>Theme of Hell's Rebels Group B, AKA "Everyone Has A Disguise"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKHxzfmAOY
>>
File: 1455482305208.jpg (410KB, 1024x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1455482305208.jpg
410KB, 1024x1450px
>>52772678
There's a difference between wearing a sexy red metallic dress, and showing off your huge tits in the shower or getting spitroasted by some two well-hung fans.
>>
>>52772756
Yeah hmm.
>>
>>52772742
just watch bleach or naruto

virtually indistinguishable
>>
>>52772756
You seem to imply that's based on skill and not a combination of shilling and networking.
>>
>>52772740
This is my take on the matter. If I make a character I really wanted to play, and it doesn't get in because it doesn't fit the image of the campaign, then it wasn't meant to be.

Still kinda hurts though.
>>
>>52772767
>>52772763
>implying shilling and networking aren't skills

>implying those apps weren't high quality anyways
>>
>>52772767
I don't shill at all, and I only post rarely on Discord.

My success rate is pretty acceptible.
>>
>>52772702
I think the problem with most of the Outsider apps in LoBaF was that their segue into the campaign was really weak. A lot of people have given the Warder flak and I do think he was the weakest app to get in, but honestly I think he was the right choice over other Outsiders because shitty sellsword sent to shitty locales is a real classic motivation.
Only better motivation to my memory was the last minute araboo waifu but that app was weak for other reasons.
>>
>>52772788
>implying those apps weren't high quality anyways
I am.
>>
>>52772788
I maintain that Talia, possibly Aoife, are really not that good.
>>
>>52772804
>Aoife wasn't good

I mean she probably coasted a bit off of the 'i want to fuck that plant' meme.
>>
>burn 400 posts in 2 hours
>all because of anti-animetards and some sort of weird shitstorm over app selection that started with an anon wanting to run basically a pity game
I guess /pfg/ is still a group of shitposters at heart.
>>
>ITT: Anons salty they're not good enough to get into games make themselves feel better by blaming their failure on perceived factors out of their control
>>
File: oNP8rGH.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
oNP8rGH.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>52772760
It's so depressing when you have a completely simple character concept in your head, yet you can't build it without homebrew or bending a bunch of rules because Paizo doesn't know how to balance their own game.

I don't want to be overpowered or anything, I just want to play a fun character without being useless.
>>
>>52772819
Most of broodies character's coast by on the fact that people want to fuck them.
>>
Does anyone else use the vast graveyard of apps in their own personal campaigns
>>
>>52772827
This is one of the better threads, the app discussion selection has some pretty interesting points brought up by both sides and hasn't collapsed into full on shitflinging yet.
>>
>>52772838
Gets em into games.

Can't argue with results I guess.
>>
>>52772788
>>52772804

Then how do I get better at being a devious networking little shit? Which players seem to know how to make a character that looks unique and is presented (both the character and player) well?

>>52772827

Honestly, I want this argument to continue. This is the most fun I've had in /pfg/ post-RotJR. It's like we're getting back to what we were.
>>
>>52772795
As it turned out, the Warder fit in the campaign perfectly.
>>
>>52772854
>hasn't collapsed into full on shitflinging yet
see >>52772831
>>
>>52772857
You'd have to ask someone whose a devious networking little shit.

I am but a humble shitposter.
>>
>>52772857
Just look at Broodie, he just makes an imho rather shitty waifu and gets in anyway
>>
>>52772761
God, every time I listen to this song now I imagine three gunshots going off at certain points.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWQFnC2zqU
>>
>>52772857
>Anti-animefags want shitposting and salt mines

This is how we learn we don't want to accommodate you.
There were interesting points brought up this thread but similar topics have been discussed much more calmly before

The anime discussion was the most vapid shit though
>>
>>52772885
hey I resemble that remark.
>>
>>52772906
>resemble
>>
>>52772891
Oh shit, you too?
>>
>>52772906
>I resemble that remark

Yes you do, Broodie.

Yes you do.
>>
>>52772915
yes anon that is the joke
>>
>>52772831
Despite not getting into games for a long time DHB never got salty. Even when people shit post at him he never got salty. Honestly DHB is the most well behaved tripfag we've ever seen.
>>
>>52772862
LoBaF had a really weird app period but the end party is probably what I would've picked as well. There were good characters that were missed but I'm going to say it was a "best of the best" case here, it's easy to see why each character got in.

I think WWW had a great selection too. I really think "bad picks" makes up a very small minority of /pfg/ games.
>>
>>52772925
man if I could explain it myself I would

I don't do any backchannel shit or DM dicksucking
>>
File: 1486458262287.gif (530KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486458262287.gif
530KB, 500x250px
>>52772934
DHB is a miracle of the universe
>>
>>52772949
You just write waifus and still get in
>>
>>52772971
maybe others should get better at their waifucraft man I don't know
>>
>>52772835
Wow...so it's Pazio's fault you can't ask your GM if you can have pounce?
>>
>>52772936
I lament the lack of husbandos in LoBaF but the end party is fine. I think it's a little lopsided towards melee beatsticks
>>
>>52772971
Is there anybody here who doesn't actually make waifus? I've tried making a husbando on occasion, but I can never get in the right headspace to make female characters.
>>
>>52772804
Even if you take this stance, it still means 6/8 of the selected apps are good. An outlier or two doesn't really matter at all.

Argent actually explained why he chose Talia in Discord when responding to another applicant's question (and explained how he tried to coin flip against people in his other games explicitly to avoid nepotism). It was because he liked her personality.
>>
>>52772835
It is, but if you have a good group they'll be willing to work you through it anyway. A lot of the time it comes down to just getting people to actually sit and talk without feeling like a bother, though.
>>
>>52773006
Speaking of husbandos, which girls do you think the husbandos were crafted for?
>>
>>52773025
desu the only reason i make 'waifus' is because i like to make female characters and also I have no fucking idea how to write male characters i think
>>
>>52772857
I was about to post the way I think I do it, which would just be an analysis of the way I've acted, but then realized it will lead to a new wave of people imitating me to butter up GMs in ways that would be inauthentic to them, so I won't.

I suppose it's cabal secret knowledge.

Actually being in the discord is definitely a start though
>>
>>52773033
But that's the point you're missing. I'm not saying that the apps that get in are always bad and they are in fact mostly good. I'm saying that there's often apps I think are good, not even mine necessarily, that get shunted.
>>
>>52773047
Gamze and Essa: none

Gamze is the first app, and DHB doesn't do this sort of stuff.
>>
>>52773067
You read it backwards, senpai.
>>
>>52773088
Oh, oops. My bad.
>>
>>52773005
No, but it's their fault I have to do it in the first place.
>>
WHAT ARE THE BEST OVERLEWD APPS
>>
>>52773025

DHB and Slow never seem to make women.
>>
>>52773103
Gnoll
>>
>>52773093
Yeah, senpai. Male characters are made to mesh to specific female apps.
>>
>>52773047
Both of the boys that got in have a lot of generic appeal but I don't think either of them are shipped with anyone.

I think the araboo that didn't get in might've been made for the swashbuckler though.
>>
>>52773103
Ghost Duo for ghost lewds
Slimebed
Gnoll
Kenna because the art is 100% hot
>>
>>52773103
Cijiska is pretty cool, but I don't know how effective she's going to be.
>>
>>52773108
DHB is a faggot tho
>>
>>52773110
Fuck off Rory
>>
>>52773135
>no men
>again
>>
>>52773025
I make male and female characters in equal measure and they don't really lewd. Of course I don't play with any of you.
>>
>>52773149

No he's not.
>>
>>52773165
I mean there's not that much choice when it comes to Y chromosomes and most of them are kind of average.
>>
>>52773183
No, DHB is a faggot. He's the cool kind of faggot who's a huge bro and always has your back and is generally a great guy, but he's still a faggot.
>>
>>52773025
I've never made a female character, at least not for a /pfg/ game. Course, I've also never made an actual person so maybe something's wrong.
>>
>>52773165
>>52773135
>Evil Game
>establishes the Matriarchy
Sounds about right desu
>>
>>52773203
Etan pls go
>>
>>52773097
Sounds like a personal problem though. Kinda hard to hold them accountable.
>>
>>52773165
Ecaterina has no gender so it's technically a 4 girl party.
>>
>>52773205
that is pretty evil
but it won't make for a lasting empire
>>
>>52773224
>not one but TWO of the characters in that list are unconditionally immortal if they're not explicitly killed
>one of them can live forever as long as she keeps herself fed
I dunno man
>>
>>52773216
Yes and no.

It's my own problem that I'm not satisfied with playing certain types of characters, but it's absolutely their fault that some of the archetypes they've put out are either borderline or completely unplayable.
>>
>>52773025
>>52773177
Funnily enough, I've made more female characters for meatspace games than I have for /pfg/ games. I even made something with Onryou's exact build and personality, but that game never went anywhere and nobody reacted because they were all a) looking at a bearded grown man and b) too busy babysitting the resident That Guy while he whined constantly and called everyone stupid.
>>
>>52773205

Maybe they can step on the wrong archwizard's lawn and get their army turned to stone.
>>
so we all know Essa is tiny and so is Gamze, both the me in LoB&F are huge. We know Exhack ERPs and DHB could probably be convinced.

Who here is ready for the mind break?
>>
>>52773286
>thinking the girls will get mind-broken
>not realizing it's going to be the gnolls who are trying to claw their way out of the bedroom screaming NOT LIKE THIS, NOT LIKE THIS
>>
>>52773286
Wait, Exhack does?
>>
>>52772762
She actually hasn't worn the dress in game yet. She had shorts and a bikini on for the brief time she was in human form.
>>
>>52773277
Anon these people ARE the Archmagi. I mean okay they're not really taking the Mythic Class but they're gestalts using DSP monster classes, close enough, and at least one of them is explicitly going to go cleric/incanter.
>>
>>52773286
>both the men are huge
>Shanan
>Five feet, nine inches.
He's not really a macho guy either.
>>
>>52773235
Doesn't mean the empire will hold together as a cohesive nation.
>>
>>52773308
Essa will get the gnolls into bed, slit their throats, and use then to make rations for the party.
>>
>>52773165
Romulus and Lucius, maybe?
>>
>>52773338
Slimebed will use her sliminess to hold the kingdom together into a large colossal++ bed.
>>
>>52773338
I thought the campaign was about them dismantling the Empire and forming their own nation.

>>52773346
I was wondering about Lucius but Romulus is just Judge Dredd. He's well-written enough but I'm not into his character, but then again I'm not Sleep either.
>>
What does "Caster Level Check" Mean and when does it come into play?

I am playing with friends on roll 20 and on every spell I cast it automatically rolls that and none of us known when its used.
>>
>>52773406
Overcoming spell resistance.
>>
>>52773406
Mostly for beating Spell Resistance.
>>
>>52773370
>End game is the assimilation of all things to create The Bed of the World.
>>
File: let me snooze ruse ooze.png (61KB, 764x777px) Image search: [Google]
let me snooze ruse ooze.png
61KB, 764x777px
>>52773476
>>
>>52773476
>When everyone is comfy, there will be no more wars or conflicts
>Only one big slumber party
>>
>>52773476
This is honestly a concieveably ridiculous plot for Overlewd.
>>
>>52773406
If you're ever given a "[word] check", that means roll a d20 and add that thing to it.
>>
>>52773265
That's still your problem, not everyone finds those archetypes borderline or completely unplayable.
>>
>>52773406
Spell resistance mostly, using scrolls, to showcase that your magic penis is bigger than the other guy's magic penis.
>>
>>52773103
What's the ultimate meme party?
>>
>>52773504
You can just cast Enlarge Object.
>>
>>52773507
I'm discounting Argentum and Broodie's since they can't play
NG+
Succubed
Fairy Transformer
That one LG guy for no reason than being LG
Zombie
>>
>>52773508
Implies that your penis is a lie and not the real thing.
>>
New Thread
>>52773520
>>52773520
>>52773520
>>52773520
>>52773520
>>
>>52773532
Well played you son of a bitch. You win this time.
>>
File: UproariousLaughter.jpg (66KB, 545x582px) Image search: [Google]
UproariousLaughter.jpg
66KB, 545x582px
>>52773483
>>
>>52773524
I unironically want to see this the greentexts would be great.
>>
>>52773569
I'd rather see NG+, Cubed, the two ghosts (because they're just perfect together), and Cijiska
The ghoul and transformers are just too out there and I seriously, seriously doubt LG is going to work with the others
>>
>Vult declares recruitment for PLD 2 : Even More Cocks
>Campaign will be canon with the original group but in different fief
>Opens up Trollkin and various fae races
What do you app with?
>>
File: 4758-539769654.png (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4758-539769654.png
123KB, 640x480px
>>52773668
>>
>>52773499
Unless you're operating under the impression that Pathfinder is a completely balanced game (it's not), then I'm not entirely sure where you're arguing from.

When an archetype is a straight downgrade from the original class, you've failed at balancing your game. In a perfect game, each archetype would add, remove, or modify class features while maintaining the power level of the original class.

I'm sure there are plenty of masochists out there who enjoy forcing shitty characters on their groups, but even in that case it's likely that they're having fun at the expense of everyone else.

If Paizo released an archetype that removed or gutted most core class features while offering nothing in return, would it really be my problem for thinking it's a shitty archetype? Because that's what plenty of these archetypes are. No one goes into character creation thinking:

>"Man, I really feel like playing a Fighter, except I want to be worse than a Fighter in every conceivable way."

or

>"I hope this campaign doesn't have any combat, because if it does then I'm going to be dead weight and no one is ever going to want to play with me again."
>>
>>52771360
...Wait what, Rory is vanilla? I thought he was more degenerate than that
>>
File: 250px-214Heracross.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-214Heracross.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>52773668
Assuming Trox are allowed.

Are they?
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.