[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 406
Thread images: 55

File: lilo and stitch.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lilo and stitch.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Outplayed edition

Previous: >>52640618

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you play any RNG fuckfest decks? Besides red chaos, I mean.
>>
>>52665124
I play a Chaos Nin since I want to have some random fun with my meta.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 640x1136px
minotaur tribal with some discard shenanigans, is it possible?
>>
>>52665315
Possible, but still janky.
>>
>>52665315
I'm doing discard tribal with some minotaur shenanigans
>>
>>52665124
>Do you play any RNG fuckfest decks? Besides red chaos, I mean.
Not at present. There are decks that have RNG elements (My Sidisi brew functions way better or worse based on what gets milled when). But I've been scheming Assault Suit Ruhan of the Fomori Voltron that forces my opponents to play Russian Roulette. Does that count?
>>
>>52665315
Would be great, if being Hellbent wasn't so game-crippling. +2/0 to Minotaurs isn't nearly a good enough reason to have no cards in hand.
>>
File: smokestack_2-cropped.png (168KB, 243x347px) Image search: [Google]
smokestack_2-cropped.png
168KB, 243x347px
Any good videos/write ups of stax being run? I want to get better at knowing when to play pieces and when to take damage.
>>
File: oketrathetrue.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
oketrathetrue.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
>yfw "doppio attacco" is revealed as a new keyword "double attacker", which means that it can attack multiple times in combat step
I hope the red god isn't gonna be pricey, since I want that shit in my Minotaur deck. Shame about the black gid though.
>>
File: nullandvoid.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
nullandvoid.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>52665315
Secret tech for this guy and Pervert.

Give away everything so that others can't wrath you.
>>
>>52665443
Playing this and mage's contest in RW and people forgetting its on field is always fun.
>>
>>52665414
Earliest as possible really. Best way to prevent others from getting out if control is to not let them get started. Against good decks, usually the early game is most important, but against slow decks stax is overall backbreaking, so most times it hardly matters then if you play your pieces willy nilly, unless you are aftaid of removal
>>
>>52665569
Im trying to figure out if rocks or dorks are a better route, as im going the full orb humility package.

Rocks are a bit slower but do more than dorks at the end if the game.
>>
>>52665443
Pervert?
>>
>>52665640
Hazoret. When her Masterpiece was revealed, fake hieroglyphic font made "Fervent" look like "Pervert"
>>
>>52665608
Depends on your colours, but strongest are UW. Rocks are less vulnerable, depending on which type of wrath is most prevalent in your meta. That said, you can chain rocks, since they don't need haste to tap.
I run rocks, because Wrath+Armageddon works well for my strategy. Stax decks usually are anti-creatures in my experience, so dorks seem really odd thought to me.
>>
>>52665699
Atraxa, only creatures Im running at the moment (top of head, at work):
-containment priest
-hushwing
-poison rats
-Zur (fetish statis combo and field)
-treasure mage
I think I may have one more but unsure. Typical rock package and stax but more enchantment subtheme. Still a work,in progress.
>>
>>52665366
I'll probably build him as a discard outlet without any minotaurs at all. Make everyone hellbent, and then ensure your deck performs best under those conditions.

>>52665124
>Do you play any RNG fuckfest decks?
Not really, but I try to build in some forced variance in my decks if possible, so that they have some ability to play out unpredictably.

>>52665608
I don't think you typically use dorks unless you have more of a hatebear approach. However, it does let you run the more efficient artifact hate without fear of repercussion.
>>
>>52665124
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-sixth-praetor/

Rebuilt Newzuri after not playing for some time, give me your opinions

>Do you play any RNG fuckfest decks. Besides red chaos, I mean.
Pic related
>>
>>52665608
Rocks are always better if you've got good rocks. Stax likes melting the world, and creatures are possibly the most vulnerable type to its antics. Now you can play Gx Stax that uses plentiful and powerful dorks instead, potentially getting a sort of hybrid stax/elfball thing going on but it's generally going to be more fragile than the traditional Wx (x often equaling U and/or B) that uses rocks to rush out a couple stax elements and keep playing under the lock.

Remember, Stax makes the game a race to 0 permanents. Be the last one with board left, and you've probably won. This means holding people down with untap denial (like winter and Static orbs) taking their toys away with Armageddon and to a lesser extent Wrath, and staying just a wee bit ahead with your plays as you crank up that Smokestack to make them sac the rest away. Generally, if you're doing it right, you'll crawl to the top of the heap with fairly little left yourself, but more than everyone else.

There are a ton of complicated decision trees in piloting Stax. Honestly, it's one of the more skill intensive decks in magic to do RIGHT since unlike a combo you can't memorize your tree and instead have to improvise based on opposing board state versus what tools you've got for paralyzing and annihilating it. But as >>52665569 says, when to play pieces is not exactly one of those hard calls. You vomit them onto the field ASAP. When to sac what is a bigger question. Like, you can throw Winter Orb under the bus after you Armageddon, but what about Static Orb? Tangle Wire? Do you run Smokestack at a level you can sustain for more turns or kick it up to make sure everyone else loses the ability to play rather than treading water themselves?
>>
File: thegreataurora.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
thegreataurora.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
>>52665812
Well I fucked up
>>
>>52665424

Here's a (you)
>>
>>52665781
I'd say that Peacekeeper is definitely worth adding and Spike Weaver, as you're playing Atraxa, but that one spiked a while back because of her.
I don't know about Zur though, he's okay-ish, but unless you're playing a bunch of things he can get, I wouldn't include him.
Ichor Rats works well in this kind of build. I don't know about Treasure Mage though, what do you fetch with it? Only card it could fetch in my deck is Mindslaver, so Trinket Mage would be much more useful.
Usually stax runs with relatively low curve and little to no high cmc bombs, which I have only 1 in my Hanna, which is Decree of Silence and that's because in super late game I can at least use it as repeatable counterspell that's much harder to counter.
>>
Is there anything like Conflagrate in B/G?
As in discard X cards and deal damage/lose life for them?
>>
>>52665424
Gideon is Mediterranean you troglodyte.
>>
>>52666038
Sickening Dreams? The rest of the "Dreams" cycle are good ways to discard cards but maybe not what you're looking for.
>>
>>52666038
Thankfully no.
>>
>>52665315
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/floating-coffin/

Doing my best. Still needs direction.
>>
>>52666061
Gideon is supposed to be mediterranean, but comes off looking like a monkey extra in the original Planet of the Apes more often than not.

And I have no idea how you thought that was relevant.
>>
>>52666061
I typo'd. I meant the black god
>>
>>52666114
Ah I see.

>>52666096
>>52666114
That's why.
>>
>>52666038
Skirge Familiar into Exanguinate?
>>
>>52665894
Meant trinket mage, thays what I get for phone posting.
Zur fetches allot of things, as enchantment sub-theme. Mostly lock pieces and a few combos. Peacekeeper is a cool one. Spike is nice not sure if thats *how* I want to play it.
>>
File: vizierofthemenagerie.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
vizierofthemenagerie.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
What's /edhg/ opinion on pic related? Thinking on run it on my WUBRG Sliver Queen deck.
>>
>>52666146
>Sliver Queen
>Not a Sliver
>Doesn't help Mana Echoes combo kill.

It's trash there. Everywhere else it's pretty legit.
>>
File: 258.jpg (66KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
258.jpg
66KB, 336x469px
>>52666038
>>
>>52666142
If you're unsure of card names, use MTG Familiar, it's a good app.
Your deck seems interesting though, but I'm mostly thinking that how much do you rely on Zur? Do you have reliable way to get him and get value out of him?
>>
>>52666221
You know, it's funny... I've considered tooling a more casual Leovold to do the ProsBloom thing, but I always decline because wheeling hands away is just too much fun.
>>
>>52666226
He so far in limited testing is a 1 or 2 time tutor for life saving stay tapped enchantments or giving atraxa infect. Ill post the deck later, although Im aware it has issues.
>>
>>52666495
Sure thing. All is good if you don't rely on Atraxa too much
>>
File: en_ZwfaTSMgZp.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_ZwfaTSMgZp.png
180KB, 265x370px
So this is the power of Wizards pandering to EDH players... Woah...
>>
File: Image (14).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (14).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Is there any top secret tech for this guy? Game plan is to shit out as many soldier tokens as possible and buff them all. Will have a heavy reliance on creatures and enchantments.
>>
>>52666639
Ew
>>
>>52666639
> the blacks are violently opposed to the counter culture and use violence to combat it

What did WotC mean by this?
>>
>>52666639
Is it a real card? because it doesn't even look like a real card.
>>
>>52666676
Many to say dominant culture
>>
>>52666639
Anyway, It seems like this might be the best Naya commander that isn't Combo
>>
File: elsadisgust.jpg (28KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
elsadisgust.jpg
28KB, 424x448px
>>52666639
>>
>>52666677
It's on mythic spoiler
>>
>>52666777
Holy shit i just got double trips
>>
>>52666639
it would have been better the fake 20/20 wurm over this... amalgamation of a card .
>>
File: mistakes were made.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mistakes were made.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>52666639
>Pretty good replacement for Xenagos in my beats.dec to allow splash for white
>Art is hideous
Gross
>>
>>52666639
I'd be slotting this into so many decks if it didn't have that single fucking {W}
>>
>>52666777
>>52666855
Chek'd x2

Kek has blessed you child
>>
>>52666954
It's really hard to make good legends from wotc's POV.
Legends that are mono color can go in nearly any deck, 2 colors can go in less but still a lot.
3 color legends have a hard time fitting in decks and can't go in any two color decks but are better as commanders.

Tasigur for example, can't be played in a BG or UB deck because hybrid other color but is a good commander because BUG.
>>
>>52666639
Anger > Fires of Yavimaya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That crap
>>
>>52667015
Well, that single white symbol feels completely shoehorned into the card just to add to its color identity.

Green has plenty of stuff that untaps creatures.
>>
>>52666639
I don't quite understand how any of the abilities make sense together...
>haste/vigilance/double strike makes for a good voltron commander
>Giving everything haste and the untap ability is good for a Naya tap-abilities matter deck.
>flash?
Just why? It has haste already so just to make emergency blockers?
>>
>>52667042
>Attack with exert creature
>EOT when opponent attacks, flash in Samut, untap exert creature, surprise blocks!
>next turn attack with exert creature and samut again, untap exert creature so it can continue to attack every turn

That's clearly the purpose of the card in standard at least. The white symbol is pandering to the commander crowd.
>>
>>52667036
It'd be kind of nice if you just couldn't pay costs on cards you own if they're outside your color identity.

i.e. tasigur can go in a BG deck and you can pay GG2 to do his thing and this lady just can't be activated in Xenagos because Xenagos isn't white. But that's why they banned Karakas.
>>
>>52667078
EOT or when opponent attacks*
>>
>>52666639
Wu wuz kangz
>>
>>52667042

Untap is likely there for all the Exert in-set. So you can exert every single turn rather than every 2 turns.
>>
>>52666639
You guys might be turned off by the art, but this is actually quite good.
By far the most viable commander so far this set.
>>
>>52667078
I guess that makes sense. It just seems like such a clusterfuck of a card.
>>
>>52667140
It's the best Naya commander of you don't want to pay $70 for doubling season
>>
So which of you guys are MTGO commander players, if there is a few of us is there some sorta clan?
>>
>>52667171
*$50+ my bad, it a bit more affordable than I though
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>52666639
Start brewing lads.
What are some other auto-includes?
>>
>>52666655
Blasting Station!
>>
>>52667224
awh yea
>>
File: NoxB3m9.jpg (140KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
NoxB3m9.jpg
140KB, 1024x575px
>>52666639
Neat!
>>
>>52666639
>not a planeswalker
SAVED
>>
>>52667224
Mana dorks go infinite tap-untap with her, is there a way to harness this power in a meaningful way? Mana reflection gives infinite white mana with this
>>
File: I don't expect anything more.jpg (32KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
I don't expect anything more.jpg
32KB, 540x303px
>>52666639
That art

Angry women yelling at incredible speeds . Jpg
>>
>>52666639
>Flash
>Haste
For what purpose?
>>
File: en_wUKAoL0eiM.png (163KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_wUKAoL0eiM.png
163KB, 265x370px
god dammit wizards, why did you have to make it white ;_;
>>
>>52666655

That new token doubler from Amonketh slots right in
>>
>>52667465
See
>>52667078
>>
>>52667496
Becuase zombies are orzhov this set.
>>
>>52666639
>6 abilities on a 3/4 creature for 5
I'm not even gonna ask why this time. Fuck wizards with a garden rake.
>>
>>52666655
>Lands that ping you
Nomads Stadium, City of Brass, Tarnished Citadel, Ancient Tomb, the new desert one shot effect, and theres like one more out there but I forgot.
>Redirect damage
Sivvis Valor, Jade Monolith
>Soldier stuff
Catapult fucking Master
>>
>>52666655
Urbog and Karma
>>
>>52667381
They don't go infinite because she taps as well.
>>
>>52666639
She goes infinite with Umbral Mantle, and Krosan Restorer.

Are there any better infinite combos?
>>
File: 1476991824296.png (25KB, 177x223px) Image search: [Google]
1476991824296.png
25KB, 177x223px
>go down to store to play commander with friend at the stores league
>league is supposed to be casual game, point system, and certain rules to penalize broken combos, only 5 triggers to stop infinite combos etc.,
>get to the store, register, ask store owner to borrow a deck as I am waiting for the last order of cards to come in to sleeve my deck up
>he lets me borrow Kalemne, decent RW aggro deck a bit budget and I doubt itll do well but its better then nothing
>friend is playing 5 color walkers with Child of Alara
>pairings go up, friend and I get put at same table
>we sit down and the other two guys come up, one is someone we've played with before playing Zedruu today, hes a bit annoying but not horrible
>final guy comes to sit down at table, hes an annoying hyper competitive EDH player playing Zur combo
>fucking fantastic
>draw our hands
>he turns to the other table shows his hand and brags about how he has a turn 3 kill in hand
>we start, within a few turns he has Zur out, Child of Alara player goes to Path his Zur after he plays it
>guy flips out "Are you gonna start fucking with me? Because ill kill you in two turns if you do!" Child player still paths his Zur
>I play my Commander and some creatures and start trying to bash in at him, again he goes "Are you gonna fuck with me too? Cause ill lock you out"
>I continue to attack knowing I probably cant win with this deck (theres no board wipes or Austere Command the decks super budget)
>Zedru player does basically nothing all game i attacked him a few times in the beginning but all he really did was help the Zur faggot
>he grabs all his Zur combo pieces next turn and kills the whole table and then smugly proclaims himself the winner. It was turn 5.
That was the most AIDS experience ive ever had playing Magic
>>
>>52667955
cool story bro
>>
>>52667955
>RW
>not running spot removal for artifacts/enchantments
The storeowner kekked you well
>>
>>52668015
I doubt he knew whats in the deck. Its in the display case for sale for under $100 along with a bunch of other budget commander decks. It had two Secluded Steppe in it.
>>
>>52667840
The new exert for an extra combat step guy and a mana dork that produces W?
>>
>>52667955
Thanks for the blog. I genuinely enjoy reading about encounters with autistic and obnoxious players.
>>
>>52668036
Combat celebrant can only be used once a turn

"If Combat Celebrant hasn't been exerted this turn, you may exert it as it attacks."
>>
>>52668072
And yet, amusingly, it's still infinite with Kiki-jiki and twin.
>>
Gitrog Monster, no inf combos please
What don't you like? 111 cards is too many

pls no bully
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-17-gitrog-monster-edh/
>>
>>52668057
Honestly its not that he won but the autistic screeching everytime someone did something to him.
>>
>>52668096
of course, because they spawn new versions who havent exerted.
>>
>>52668072
Well shit. I guess you just need to stick with boring infinite mana combos.
>>
>>52668124
I had a similar experience
>be me
>LGS
>3 player pod
>play Rashmi stuff
>opponents are DL Silumgar and Titania
>titania wins die roll
>titania starts ramping like crazy
>Silumgar plays a land and passes
>play botanical sanctum and pass, plan for turn 2 tribe elder and pass
>Titania tempts us with discovery, we decline, he strip mines my only land I have others in hand
>Silumgar uses Foil on Titania, then Thoughtseizes Titania on his turn
>play forest and GSZ for Dryad Arbor that I drew for turn
>proceed to wreck Titania player
>titania player gets mad
>>
>>52668124
That's a common thing with solitaire players

>known combo player
>isn't getting on the board early
>is just doing mana crypt/vault/basalt/etc things
>attack him, try to get other players to attack him
>"I'M NOT EVEN DOING ANYTHING WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME"
>then they combo win

autists are killing the format
>>
>>52665699
I personally prefer Gb for my Stax. It provides more acceleration while still giving access to all the pieces you normally want in Stax (the artifacts), while opening up a whole host of nasty GB effects. The commander I like is Nath, though I'm considering trying to run it with Gitrog.

In the unlikely event that I run into someone who ruins the Stax gameplay, I also run Glissa with some swords as a backup plan. By herself, she helps enable Stax (artifacts to sac), and she can push through a difficult game if necessary.
>>
>>52668112
Random thoughts:
You can definitely drop some of the spell-based land ramp. I'd run Explosive Vegetation over most of what you have there desu. Garruk, Apex Predator is disappointing whenever I play him. Not sure why you need Prismatic Omen. Praetor's Counsel is kinda bad desu. I don't think you have enough to make Mikaeus worthwhile, especially since some of your threats are humans or tokens. Loxodon Warhammer isn't needed cause you have the Exsanguinate, I think. Summer Bloom is cute but often useless.

I'd recommend adding Pernicious Deed. It's very hot in your list since your curve is very high
>>
>>52668254
>deck isn't combo, but has a couple in it, mainly it's just jank tribal with a couple weird synergies
>actual combo player going off
>THAT GUY at the table unfortunately
>combo killed him 3 games ago, so he counters things like pilgrim's eye from me while the combo player plays all his pieces
>we lose 2 turns later because of it
fucking hate that faggot
>>
>>52666639
>"Let's spit in the faces of Kalemne players even more!"
>>
>>52668410
My thought was Explosive Vegetation/Skyshroud Claim doesn't get out Gitrog early unless I can cast the 4 mana thing early.

Garruk can go

Counsel can go, Season's Past is already in and I want to be able to discard to hand size most of the time.

Mikaeus can go

You're probably right about Warhammer but deathtouch + trample tickles my inner timmy, maybe I'll cut it

updated as of now. Only 6 cards too many. Thanks for random thoughts.
>>
>>52667496
Vengeful Dead has got you covered
>>
>>52668410
Forgot to say Omen is for Coffers/Lake of the Dead and to make all the B lands also tap for G.
>>
File: dcks1r4iq1ry.png (155KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
dcks1r4iq1ry.png
155KB, 265x370px
How do you build around him?
>>
>>52668620
With a Trash Can
>>
File: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>52668620
With a better mono B general
>>
>>52668620
You put him in the 99 of an aristocrats deck and then cut him because he's a bad sac outlet and a mediocre beater.
>>
>>52668272
But you're missing the best stuff. Stax without white feels like when you order latte, but you get just steamed hot milk. What's stax without MLD?
Besides, Gitrog seems really odd choice for stax, as he's definitely a combo general. Glissa is fine too, but relies on creatures, while stax being best with only minimal amount. What if your opponents don't play creatures?
>>
>>52668484
I feel for people who bought that deck. This thing costs one more mana but with green dorks can come down turn 3. Fucking bummer.

Kalemne was cute too.
>>
>>52667747
>tarnished citadel
Thanks for the secret tech, I think I'm gonna put that in a bunch of decks, definitely Oloro at least.
>>
>>52668876
Thinking Kalemne was a dude was my original reason for buying Wade Into Battle. Then I just stuck with it cause Boros is great.
>>
File: plznobully.jpg (575KB, 3000x729px) Image search: [Google]
plznobully.jpg
575KB, 3000x729px
>>52666618
what do you think so far?
lands are mostly basics, because I dont rely on atraxa and I love land tax
>>
Have any of you ever used serum powder? How is it and which decks is it good in? I'm thinking of slotting it into Kozilek to ditch hands where I only get lategame stuff, since the deck can function quite easily without a lot of those.
>>
>>52669033
I think it looks like a horrible way to share a list
>>
>>52669102
why I spoiled it, but too lazy to type it now. please read file name.
>>
>>52669033
All the Kismet effects effects are kind of weird. With Stasis they're good, but you don't have anything to create a stasis lock, what gives?
Also, Phyresis, Tainted Strike and Glistening Oil seem a little weird for a stax deck, Tainted Strike the most. Oil and Phyresis are usable.
Crackdown is cute, but overall any colour hate are kind of flimsy and the card is dead pretty much if opponents play white deck, I'd just stick with Meekstone.
Energy field and Embargo are weird as well, but Embargo isn't good and Energy field is bad if you can't recur it or keep it on the field consistently. Hell, where's your recursion anyway? You always gotta have some, otherwise everything that gets removed might just be exiled, since you can get the cards back just as well.

Also, use tappedout, trying to make out the text is horrendous in your grainy image.
>>
>>52669141
Will you be playing new Gideon, Nissa or Liliana?
All seem decent in EDH.

Gideon prevents a commander from damaging you every turn and CAN prevent you from losing to combos that can't also kill gideon.

Liliana makes a zombie every turn and can reanimate anything and has a board wipe that may or may not come up or be useful.

Nissa scries every turn or can reveal something every turn while still going up with atraxa.
>>
>>52669242
>dont have anything for stasis lock
pentad prism + proliferate/atraxa.

Kismet effects to keep everyhting down that comes down tapped besides the general. Not sure If i'll keep each one. Embargo has been great so far, as i have the life gain on the general, but could see coming out as its 4cmc.

Energy Field+RIP is a soft lock. I shouldnt have too much hitting the gy ideally, and more of the thing I grab with tutors or zur once I want a stronger lock (thats the idea anyway).

Tainted+general is a fast way to kill someone. Phyresis, Oil as well and can be grabbed by zur/etc.

I'm not sure how much recursion I need although Im working on getting a crucible, just because I want to RIP ideally.

Oh, and a bitterblossom is coming in over the eldrazi spawn one.

>Also, use tappedout, trying to make out the text is horrendous in your grainy image.

I will when I have more time

>>52669250
I like the lili but she is 5cmc and isnt a board wipe like ugin. Not sold on my current walker line up thats for sure.
>>
>>52669375
>Pentad Prism
Dunno how I missed that one.
I would however use Chronatog, because he's baller as fuck and can do lots with both Stasis and Smokestack for example.
>>
>>52668254
> assemble a massive mana pool
> somehow they aren't the biggest threat at the table
>>
We doing autist stories?

>playing Nath discard tribal
>Thoughtseize t1
>target the mono-blue player cause not like anyone is really a threat at this point
>take an Omniscience out of his hand
>"wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow I'm just gonna counter everything you do from now on"
>he does

Why do these people even play this format?
>>
>>52669710
>plays politics
>targets a player who can disrupt you for no discernible reason

What did you expect?
>>
File: 20170412_152452.jpg (413KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170412_152452.jpg
413KB, 2048x1152px
Did you check your mail yet today /edh/? Bout to upgrade to v3.0
>>
Anyone else gonna brew the WU token guy?
>>
>>52669710
So if he's so assmad at you, the other players should capitalize on his foolishness and take him down.

I'm working on a BR "This game is over in 15 minutes or less" deck. All kinds of shit like land tax galore, havoc festival, etc. Main issue is I don't have cards like Mana Vault and Crypt to help speed it up and get all those 5+ cmc enchantments out.
What are my other options?
>>
>>52668254
This is literally my Nekusaur friend.
He's starting to realize how bullshit it is when he cries about us swinging at him, and then comboing out ane winning the next turn.
>>
My buddy wants me to play edh but I've decided I want to go super budget and not spend more than $60 on a deck because desu I don't think I'll enjoy commander.

Is it even worth trying at that price range?
>>
>>52671402
Precons are 40$ but you can make a deck at that price range, purphoros and krenko decks can be built for like 20$.
>>
>>52671402
Just buy a precon, they're pretty much perfect for this exact scenario.
>>
>>52671473
You know that Purph is $10 now right? His deck is somewhat more expensive these days.
>>
>>52671402
The Breya or Saskia precons and a handful of upgrades are probably what you're looking for. Just note that the precons only infrequently hold their own against properly constructed decks, and are likely best played against each other.
>>
Is Breed Lethality ever getting another print run? It going for nearly $100 is insane.
>>
>>52671615
The main issue is Commander16 is only distributed in boxes of five - one of each deck. When everyone picks off the Atraxa deck, stores are left with a shit load of all the others they can't move, so they have little incentive to keep buying more cases unless they hike the price on Atraxa to compensate.
>>
>>52671473
>>52671478

I was under the impression that precons were basically always a waste of $$$.

No one else would be running precon.

Maybe i'll try to make some kind of leech build.
>>
Who's you're favorite mono-black commander? I'm taking apart my Marrow-Gnawer deck and want to build something new with the remains.
>>
File: kei.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
kei.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
I want to make a deck with kei as my commander.

The real question is how bad of an idea is this?
>>
>>52671940
Precons generally contain more value than their MSRP and feature a lot of autoincludes and staples. Plus, every single 2016 face commander is played to a healthy degree. Breya and Atraxa particularly are the most played commanders at the moment.
>>
>>52671940
Precons are a good way to try out a specific archetype on paper without having to spend a ton of cash. They're also good if you know you want to make, say, an artifact deck but don't have the cash to pony up an entire optimized deck's worth of cards at once.

>>52672127

I've never seen someone use the gay Greeks or the other one that isn't Yidris.
>>
>>52665424
So you mean double strike? Isnt that already a pretty big keyword?
>>
File: Image.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>52672109
As someone who gave Tor Wauki their best shot and eventually gave up in disgust, I'd say 'A Bad idea'

Maybe if everyone else had totally janky decks too... But an issue I ran into was always 'why even bother playing my commander when I can play non-shit cards' so I was basically commanderless if my deck was good and I was ded if my deck was bad
>>
>>52671940

>I was under the impression that precons were basically always a waste of $$$.

You were under COMPLETELY the wrong impression.

The precons are amazing value for money, easily the best preconstructed product WoTC puts out and the decks aren't even bad straight out of the box.

A lot of the commanders are also very competitive, Breya is very easy to build into some degenerate combo shit and Meren of Clan Nel Toth is an awesome reanimation/sac theme commander.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52672109
There are six decks for Kei on edhrec. Compare to Isamaru who has 107. You could be the obscure memelord, but at what cost?
>>
>>52672216
It's a shame rarity alone is keeping the price elevated on this thing.
Fuckin' reserved list.

>>52672194
>tfw your Kemba deck loses to a freshly unboxed Atraxa deck
>>
>>52672182
Obviously Saskia and the Fuccbois aren't played as much, but they're still in the top 10 most constructed-for commanders. YMMV depending on your playgroup. Personally I see Breya and Atraxa frequently, but Yidris even less than the Bois or Saskia.
>>
>>52672216
>that's a sick card, why haven't I seen it befo-
>Reserved list, $200
Wizards was a mistake
>>
>>52672356
Now that I read her, Saskia mite b kewl if you could get the blade of selves/mirror combo up with some equipment on her.
The store I play at has a more competitive meta/group than most from what I've gathered talking with folks. Might be the reason I never see them. It's also a pain in the dick because my shitty decks never win since I keep my commander stuff on a tight budget.
Maybe it's time I went to another store to check things out. tfw crippling social anxiety
>>
>>52672253
I'm really surprised that it's even as expensive as it is. It's entirely legal in legacy, but I only see it on sideboard as a one-of and I have never even heard someone talking about it even though it's the most expensive artifact next to the Power 9 and Chaos Orb. Where the hell is it being played to the point that it's more expensive than some duals?
>>
>>52672025
>Who's you're favorite mono-black commander?
Bontu

I use Gonti because variety is spice of life, but Iname, Yahenni and Shirei are also kind of cool in their own ways. King Macar as an honorable mention if you have a playgroup where he gets to do fun things, unconventional artificer decks have a certain charm.
>>
>>52672479
Dual lands were reprint in Revised while Forcefield was not. It's more fair to compare it to Time Vault.
>>
Anyone got some niche tech for GB Glissa? I want an artifact deck that's off the beaten path.
>>
>>52672479
Dual lands got a revised reprinting, and the only 'cheap' ones are color pairings that are weak in legacy/vintage.
>>
So only legendary cards can be commanders right?

Trying to pick who I love the most for my new edh deck.

>waifu commander?
>>
>>52668484

Pretty much my exact reaction. I've been a longtime defender of Kalemne, but this card just shits on her. SAD
>>
File: Image.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>52672727
This is just what you are looking for.
>>
>>52672727
Breya's naked under her etherium.
>>
File: Fast Mana and Shit.png (129KB, 844x652px) Image search: [Google]
Fast Mana and Shit.png
129KB, 844x652px
>>52670954
Just put in an order for some degeneracy myself.
>>
>>52672823
>not the promo Wheel
>didn't even foil Opal
>buying Opal when they're about to ban it
I came here to laugh at you.
>>
who's the commander I want if I wanna do a dumb retarded pinger deck?
>>
>>52672891
Reveka.

DO IT.
>>
File: 1464042388653.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464042388653.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
how fun is Heartless Hidetsugu, and how do I get him to actually work well?

I just wanna watch the world burn
>>
>>52672891

Either Niv Mizzet could work.

They don't support other pingers as such, but fit in as big dumb pingers themselves.
>>
>>52672939
If you play Heartless Hidetsugu he's just going to removed before you're even done taking your fingers off the card.

That aside, I've put together this shitty deck that revolves about the Heartless Hidetsugu philosophy. As a sidenote, the commander doesn't matter too much. Sometimes I'll use Vial Smasher, other times Mogis.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/crashing-this-game-with-no-survivors/
>>
how well does Phenax work in EDH?
>>
Do any of you guys have a preference in sleeves? I've been using Dragonsleeves, but are there ones that shuffle easier?
>>
>>52673073
anime wife sleeves.
>>
>>52672904
Seconding this. Tim demands it!

>>52673053
Poorly unless you do an untap combo somehow (make infinite mana and use Freed from the Real/Pemmin's Aura). You have a shitload of cards to mill through and Phenax just isn't fast enough at it honestly. Best Phenax deck I've seen was a combo list that did what I mentioned above and used Leyline of the Void to beat the Eldrazi Titans' reshuffle clause. It was....ok, but not great.
>>
File: 1465728034330.png (814KB, 547x684px) Image search: [Google]
1465728034330.png
814KB, 547x684px
favorite political commanders that aren't straight-up grouphug? Wheeling and dealing and getting people to fight each other is what I play EDH for

I had considered Gahiji or Edric, but do you have any other suggestions?
>>
>>52673111
TRIPS DON'T LIE IT'S TIME FOR MONOBLUE BURN

I got myself a list I playtested in Forge I want to build someday, you can run funny stuff like Sands of Time and Scythe of the Wretched
>>
>>52665315
>Tribal
>Literally 4 playable minotaurs
Absolutely not
>>
>>52673053
Depends on if you're talking casual or competitive.

In competitive some people will be somewhat miffed you're milling them while others will thank you for enabling their recursion strategies that much easier. Or you'll nick an Eldrazi and all your work is gone. Generally speaking you're just going to be there not really doing anything until someone combos off.

In casual, the first time you mill someone they're going to shriek like a banshee about how you're denying them fun, how you're using unfun strategies, and then you'll get hated off the board instantly.
>>
Requesting the comic with the spike dedising edh is perfect
>>
File: erebos-face.jpg (64KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
erebos-face.jpg
64KB, 800x476px
>>52668649
>Best
>>
>>52673300
It's the easiest format to win in.
>>
File: edh.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>52673300
Me on the left.
>>
>>52672891
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jlks-tim-deck/

What do you do when your friends barely know how to play and just get mad when you run out a combo commander with no protection when they're playing black and/or white decks and then proceed to do whatever combo you want?

Get new friends?
>>
My friend hates blue and doesn't want to play combo. What is left for him?
Meren's out, Gitrog's out, Prossh is out, Atraxa is blue, Animar is blue, Karador's out
>>
>>52673815
He could play Duel Commander.
>>
>>52673815
Knowing your level of competition would be helpful. If it's just a casual whatever-the-fuck, then almost anything works.
>>
Does anyone have the codes for the Command zone's app? You unlock backgrounds for their life total app with codes from content creators patreons.
>>
>>52673073
I've heard good things about the new Ultra Pro Eclipse sleeves, only issue for EDH is they're only sold in packs of 80.

I personally use Dragonshields.
>>
Would it be autistic to double sleeve a ~$100 edh deck?
>>
>>52673974
No, it's autistic not double sleeving a deck you care about. Prices fluctuate, sentiment doesn't
>>
>>52673974
Are there ever drinks at the table?
>>
>>52673974
Trying to shuffle a 100 card, double-sleeved deck is suffering.

On the flip side, there's this rich ass motherfucker that sometimes comes to the store and he never sleeves shit. Not his gaea's cradle, not his beta duals, or even a moat. Then he busts out the deepest riffle shuffle you've ever seen.
People look on like they're witnessing a guy get hatcheted up.
>>
File: 1491973059137.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491973059137.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
>went to my flgs to scour through their bin
>nothing fantastic, bought a Skithiryx, a dampening matrix, a grinning totem and a high tide along with three mm17 packs
>cracked abrupt decay, foil inquisition of kozilek, serum visions, gifts ungiven, and a marsh flats
Sweet baby jesus I lucked out. Does anyone have a fun mimeoplasm reanimator list I could peak at?
>>
>>52668620

This guy is more cube than edh
>>
>>52673379
Middle player is literally me
>>
Any recommendations for commanders that support Equipment. Got all the Mirrodin Swords and the Kaldra set, how do I win through Kaldra token facebash?
>>
>>52674199
Sigarda or Sram if you want to win.
Kemba if you like cat tits.
>>
>>52674123
Abrupt Decay and Gifts are only $4, not sure about the other two. Marsh Flats is the only thing that saved you from a deficit.
>>
>>52674216
Foil inquisition is $30 canadian dollerydoos, and serum visions is like two fiddy, but it's the last of the cantrip pile I needed for my Lazav pain train.
>>
File: 1460323664790.jpg (90KB, 900x658px) Image search: [Google]
1460323664790.jpg
90KB, 900x658px
what deck should I play to ensure that the table as a whole has the most fun possible (and ideally still win)
>>
>>52674250
Blind Seer with symmetric color protection effects. Offer to help people get around said color protection effects.
>>
>>52668112
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-17-gitrog-monster-edh/
Even if you aren't going infinite, you want Scroll Rack and Squandered Resources. Throw Bitter Ordeal and Abundance in there, too. Controlling your draws is crucial, and getting to remove an opponent's entire deck from the game might be wrong but it feels so right
>>
>>52674121
>Trying to shuffle a 100 card, double-sleeved deck is suffering.
Do you have tiny hands like President Trump? Only tiny hand people have trouble shuffling 100 double sleeved cards.
>>
>>52673815
Since fucking when has Meren been combo? She's straight up value reanimator, even if you happen to play a combos in the deck, doesn't mean it's a combo deck. It's like if I were to play Kataki with combos, would he be a combo general? No.

Gitrog and Karador can be built to not be combo, hell, Gitfrog can be kind of lands deck, even though there's no red.

There's plenty of commaders that don't fit in those arhetypes though you only listed 5 busted commaders and Atraxa.
>>
File: y.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52673318
Ftfy
>>
>>52674424
Got any spicy drana tech?
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Thoughts on this baller ass motherfucker?
>>
File: IMG_9061.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9061.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
why is this so good for monored daretti?
>>
>>52674510
Because you play ultra slow casualDaretti so you can run any mill effect and it would work.

>>52674424
She's awful.
>>
>>52673125
Zedruu the Greathearted is pretty fun if you build it straight politics. Fun build around in general desu, would recommend.
>>
>>52674469
We have one guy in our playgroup that runs him in the 99, but I am certain more people have played it than he has. Between reanimation and bribery bad things happen and early, when he is at his scariest.

In other words if you are wanting to rek kids with him prepare to get rekt yourself, he is a beating.
>>
>>52674602
Its true I only play casually
>>52674694
Probably.
>>
>>52665315
THIS IS MADNESS!
>>
>>52674469
He's pretty good at the helm of what would normally be a monobrown eldrazi ramp deck, kozilek for example. Just replace 20 of your lands with islands, put in some rocks that tap for any color or blue, get some of the blue artificers that accelerate your shit and general good stuff like remora and study and you're good. He can't really get bribery'd or reanimated due to him being your commander and you're generally going to hardcast him on turn 3-5, if he survives a round you win.
>>
how do I meet people to play EDH with

my LGS is shit
>>
File: EN_MTG_Comic14_Pt3_DKD6.jpg (277KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
EN_MTG_Comic14_Pt3_DKD6.jpg
277KB, 800x1230px
>>52674469
Protip: not drawing enough in your colorless eldrazi list? Sub in "jin-jan augur-man" and 20 islands.

The deck runs like a dream, if he manages to survive, he single-handedly shits on every opponent and forces topdeck answers while drawing you SEVEN FUCKING CARDS at the end of your turn. In an eldrazi edh deck, you can empty 7 cards from your hand midgame no problem.

I only have 5 colored spells in the deck, and holy shit does it feel good. Even my opponents think it's "unique" due to being the least blue mono blue deck they've seen in ages.

Give it a shot, honestly
>>
>>52675329
Local Facebook groups is your last hope.
>>
>>52675329
make a facebook group

"city"_EDH_chapter
>>
>>52665834
Would this be a good "fuck this board state" board wipe in rampandtokens.dec since you get to draw from tokens? How likely is it to fuck me over in any way?
>>
>>52675322
>>52675347
Oh shit nigga, my man.

Which colored spells are you running? I have Padeem, rhystic study, vedalken engineer, grand architect, renowned weaponsmith, tezzeret, imprisoned in the moon, vedalken archmage and etherium sculptor, a bit more than you it seems.
>>
File: 1491834144923.jpg (313KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
1491834144923.jpg
313KB, 4685x2457px
>first opponent plays solemn on T3
>wanderer Mana Drains it
>Drops wanderer and Cascades into infinite mana
>mfw
>>
>>52675815
that's what you get for not mana draining his infinite mana combo.
>>
>>52675850

Sorry I can't afford the sheer skill of a $200 better-than-counterspell.
>>
>>52675887
Buy an italian one for $60 instead then.
>>
>>52675815
What does Maelstrom Wander cascade into that allows infinite mana?

>>52675984
At that point you may as well proxy one. Not like you're going to get deckchecked in commander and no one will be able to tell the difference through a sleeve when you flash it to show you're casting it.
>>
>>52672889
I'm not made of money, and I already splurged for the judge crypt so I could avoid that awful new mana symbol.
>>
>>52672889
>buying Opal when they're about to ban it
no proof of this anywhere
>>
>>52676157
>infinite mana
It's UGx, so pick one? . In this case it was DEN + Peregrine Drake. Well, technically it was DEN into TnN, which put the Drake and a Teferi into play.
>>
>>52676255
I don't know what any of those acronyms are.
>>
>>52676270
I now understand why you don't how easily you can "Oops infinite mana" in UG
>>
>>52676270
>I don't know what any of those acronyms are.
>UGx
U is blue
G is green
x is potentially another color.

>DEN
Dead-Eye Navigator

>TnN
Tooth and Nail
>>
>>52676324
Y-you too.
>>52676328
Oh, Dead-Eye Navigator. Yeah, I can see it now.
>>
>>52676270
Then you're a newfag and you should fucking neck yourself
>>
What is the cheapest manabase to buy into for three colors?
>>
>>52676361
I bet you have lots of friends.
>>
>>52676363
Any colors, all basics

Or are you talking dual lands, fetches, shocks etc?
RWB
>>
>>52676360

Yup. Dead-eye is cancer, and really hard to deal with when 2 people haven't even taken their 3rd turn yet.
>>
>>52676565
>Deadeye
>the 6 mana creature with a 2 mana activated ability
>cancer
I see you've never come against a dedicated doomsday or food chain combo deck
>>
>>52676363
Not sure if this is what you were asking for but whatever I wrote it already:

Extremely low budget (not advised): vivid lands, tap lands, gates, lifegain lands, cycling lands

Low budget: most pain lands, most check lands, battle lands, scry lands, bounce lands, trilands, Exotic Orchard, Command Tower, Ash Barrens, WRG hideaway lands, probably upcoming bicycling lands, tainted lands (if you're heavy on black), various utility lands that produce colored mana (e.g. Flamekin Village)

Medium budget: City of Brass, Mana Confluence, the remaining pain lands and/or check lands, shock lands, strictly better legendary lands from Kamigawa

High budget: fetch lands, ancient tomb, cavern of souls, ABUR duals, filter lands

Reveal lands, fast lands and manlands cost between low and high budget but perform closer to extremely low or low budget, would not recommend in 3c.
>>
help me round this deck out to 100
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meme-pals/
Its just a bunch of cheap low power non-serious junk to toss around when I want to be super casual with friends. Trying to keep each card around a dollar or preferably less. Theme so far has just been "hating on blue" and "Shitty art/meme cards"
>>
>>52676687

>implying implications
Reread that shit. Deadeye dropped on T3 before half the table took their 3rd turn.

I have dealt with both Prosh, Derevi, and Wanderer food chain as well as Zur hyper combo featuring doomsday. They don't automatically invalidate Deadeye simply because they exist.
>>
File: 20170412_223949.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170412_223949.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Is there anyway to run Meren and not just have it be value town.dec?

I originally bought the precon when it came out but didn't like all negativity that seem to come from other players. People really seem to hate her. I only ask cuz my friend painted this for me for my birthday and I wanted to use it.
>>
>>52665424
as soon as I saw you quote Double Strike and misread the ability, I immediately thought about the yugioh sub episode when Atem activated Berserker Soul. DRAW. MONSTA CARDDO.
>>
>>52675740
I run this in Nemata, Grove Guardian and it's hilarious. It gives you hilarious amounts of permanents, as when it checks for permanents it sees tokens as permanents. After leaving the field, those tokens cease to exist but you still get the same 'number' of cards from the library as tokens you had, so you end up with huge amounts of cards and mana if you build the deck properly.
They don't even come in tapped, so you can just drop Earthcraft and/or Cradle to recast Nemata and build more tokens to cast your whole hand/deck. Even more fun if you have Verdant Bloom effects + haste enabler.
>>
I haven't played in 6 months, are any of the recent cards worth testing in my Sisay enchantment deck?
>>
>>52677061
Fuck her, and you.
>>
What are some staples to look for with pic related?
>>
File: hapatravizierofpoisons.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hapatravizierofpoisons.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
>>52677388

Fuck
>>
>>52673815
Odric 1.0 as a Weenies deck/Soldier tribal
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52677400

Grim Poppet.

Infinite right there.
>>
>>52677482
>>52677400

Wait.. Find a way to get TWO grim poppets. Then it's infinite.

Either way it's a good card to put in.
>>
>>52677482
Infinite how exactly?
>>
>>52677497

Getting a second poppet is hard in GB since there aren't any GB clones that I know about.

Devoted Druid is solid with the deck, which goes infinite with Quillspike.
>>
>>52677547
Sculpting Steel is your best and maybe only bet
>>
>>52669710
Your fault fucko, L2P.
>>
>>52673815
Omnath of rage
>>
>>52677573

Ah yes, that will definitely do it. Carnifex Demon does it for B, which gives 2 snakes.

Midnight Banshee will be good.
>>
>>52674250
Nekusar, bitches love to draw cards and unless you're hitler and prevent your opponents from drawing cards with helm of the ghastlord or notion thief they always have a chance to draw out of your control and win.
>>
>>52677400
Remember that it includes your own creatures as well
>carnifex demon
>midnight banshee + blowfly infestation = every upkeep kill all your snakes, remake all your snakes, then distribute that many -1/-1 counters.

A little janky, but could be fun.
>>
>>52666655
any of the one million cards that gain you a life whenever a creature comes into play
>>
>Play Insurrection and win the game.

>Play Jokulhaups and win the game.

Can someone tell me why one is totally fine and the other is frowned upon?
>>
File: karam.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
karam.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
i'm building a GW enchantress deck, but i'm not sure which commander to use. karametra is is obviously a good choice because she's an enchantment herself, but i think captain sisay would also be pretty neat because of her ability to tap and fetch serra's sanctum, plus some other utility legendaries i could put in there.

what do you think?
>>
>>52677820
Insurrection wins the game the turn you play it, Jokulhaups drags everyone through a slow and durdly death while you plink at them with whatever survived the boardwipe.
>>
>>52677820
>Play Jokulhaups and win the game
If you win the game that turn, sure. However, my impression of the card has been soured by either retards who cast it just as a wipe with no follow-up or chucklefucks that cast it and then take 5+ turns to win off the advantage it created.
>>
>>52677841
>Captain Sisay
It will slowly transform into a "Fetch Iona/Brisela/Teeg and win deck" and people will think you're a megafaggot.
>>
>>52676363
anything with green in it, and play all basics + ramp/fetch
>>
>>52677841
Enchantress sucks in EDH.
>>
>>52672109
>>52672192

I'd allow these as partner commanders.
>>
>>52678012
eh, i've seen a karador enchantress list that consistently goes nuts, draws a million cards, then swings in for an instant kill on everyone else with opalescence or starfield. it seems pretty good to me.
>>
>>52678012
why is that?
>>
File: en_9HQccFB5R8.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_9HQccFB5R8.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
>>52665124
Rules question:

I cast Sram's Expertise's free-casting Shrivel.

Or/Also the reverse
Casting Yahenni's Expertise free-casting Master`s Call

What's the outcome?
>>
>>52677748

Things like Carnifex Demon and persist etb with the counters, and thus are unaffected by her ability. However, Banshee+Blowfly is good is indeed fantastic. Actually, I think blowfly is infinite as long as you still have another snake to target.

Carnifex demon is also a non-bo since he kill the commander.
>>
>>52678064
The effects you want can't make up enough of a percentage of your deck to give you that consistency you want. Particularly enchantress and Wild Growth effects.
>>
>>52678070

the free spell resolves after
>>
>>52678070

Sram's expertise will resolve, which puts Shrivel on the stack. Your tokens will die.

Yahenni will resolve putting your tokens on the stack meaning your tokens will live.
>>
>>52677505
Just move counters from one Grim Poppet to another
>>
>>52678095
worldly tutor, eladamri's call, green sun's zenith, chord of calling, idyllic tutor, sterling grove, and enlightened tutor all make the list, and that's for a straight GW deck. there are like... what, 5 or 6 enchantress effects already? that's a pretty decent chunk of your deck.
>>
>>52678091
You are incorrect.
>>
File: 1481835775826.jpg (90KB, 572x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481835775826.jpg
90KB, 572x494px
>>52674385
HIS FINGERS ARE LONG AND BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>52678132
Have you ever actually played Legacy Enchantress?
>>
File: b55d4ffe7f393a277529ce1d70e79934.jpg (184KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
b55d4ffe7f393a277529ce1d70e79934.jpg
184KB, 1024x648px
>>52678107
This is a shit explanation.

>>52678113
This is a proper answer. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>52678149
i played it pretty regularly at my lgs's proxy-friendly legacy nights. why do you ask?
>>
>>52678150

sorry my explanation expected too much of your deduction skills
>>
>>52678150
Seems like both were reasonable answers anon. Are you by any chance a "limited learner"?
>>
>>52678091
ETB with counters is the same as placing them, sorry my dude.

>121.6. If a spell or ability refers to a counter being "placed" on a permanent, it means putting a counter on that permanent while it's on the battlefield, or that permanent entering the battlefield with a counter on it as the result of an effect.

See Flourisjing Defenses rulings as well. Also, Carnifex is still plenty good in that it can produce a metric ton of snakes before killing your commander...which you can then recast for a measly 4 mana.
>>
>>52678171
And have you ever thought "man I wish I could Chord on my empty board for my draw engine but be unable to draw into the cards that let me go off because I'm in singleton"?
>>
>>52675347
I'm gonna need to see a list.
>>
>>52678202
Do sources of damage with Wither/Infect count as 'placing' -1/-1 counters?
>>
>>52678270
nobody i regularly play with has a super jacked competitive deck, so i don't exactly have to worry about a turn 3 loss. no one ever said the deck was extremely competitive.
>>
>>52678270

edh enchantress isnt as consistent as legacy enchantress but it still works. i dont think its accurate to say it sucks

you can supplement the enchantresses with other sources of card advantage
>>
>>52678299
But those sources are suboptimal and don't further your actual gameplan.

>>52678292
Why ask for advice then if it doesn't matter how playable your deck is?
>>
>>52678338

>But those sources are suboptimal and don't further your actual gameplan.

how so? the gameplan is to draw lots of cards and win from there. how does other sources of draw, which help you find tutors and enchantresses, not advance your gameplan?
>>
>>52678352
nah, don't bother arguing with the guy. give him a minute and he's gonna start going on about how anything that's not food chain prossh or teferi stax isn't worth playing.
>>
>>52678150
>I'm retarded
>>
>>52678202
>>52678134

Oh shit. That's pretty fucking great then. Deity of Scars, Noxious Hatchling, Cauldron of Souls, literally anything with persist, ect. That's a game changer.
>>
>>52678464

Oh God, Canker Abomination is sick with her
>>
>>52678496
why

because it makes a snake?
>>
>>52678556
>enters with a -1/-1 for EACH creature that player controls

Because it makes many snakes
>>
>>52678282
Yes
http://magiccards.info/rule/121-counters.html
>>
>>52678581
hapatra says "one or more" so, unlike flourishing defenses, she would only make one snake.
>>
>>52678597

Well fuck me. That's shitty.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 265x370px
Wow, I honestly really like this, have to get one. Even if all the gods may be "objectively" bad, I'm really driven to build a few of them. I figure enchantments that make tokens BoU, and a lot of unearth, is how I could gain ammo for her. What I'm stuck on is how to then make her drain and scry more powerful somehow. Also, many effects like Gravepact or Dictate of Erebos to make killing my own idiots a bonus somehow.
>>
>>52678352
Card advantage and card draw aren't the same thing, am I being meme'd on?

>>52678390
Stop wasting posts before the bump limit on questions you don't actually want answered.
>>
>>52678672
i asked the question "which would be a better commander for this deck" and your answer was "that deck is bad"

how is that an answer
>>
>>52678661
Thats a man baby.
>>
This seems pretty neat.
>>
>>52678695
No it's not, baby
>>
>>52678661
things like reassembling skeleton, bloodghast, and gravecrawler are pretty good. black market and carnival of souls generate a good amount of mana, and you can potentially set up infinites with things like sifter of skulls and pawn of ulamog. you should also include zulaport cutthroat and blood artist.
>>
File: ohboyherewego.png (328KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
ohboyherewego.png
328KB, 324x450px
>>52678739
>>
>>52678695
Bontu es grill
Cat pussy, dog pussy, and now croc pussy. I'm in heaven.
>>
>>52678751
Bontu sent you to me herself, good suggestions. It'd be foolish to not use each of them honestly.
>>
>>52675329
I wish the rez on this was bigger so I could use it as a wallpaper.
>>
File: 3f2.jpg (33KB, 341x354px) Image search: [Google]
3f2.jpg
33KB, 341x354px
>Competitive EDH
>>
>>52678776

This is nice for that one anon's wort the Raidmother valakut deck
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>52678661
Bontu will make good use of this
>>
>>52678687
If you're unconcerned about powerlevel then why ask which you should run?
>>
File: 1490434951065.jpg (46KB, 541x554px) Image search: [Google]
1490434951065.jpg
46KB, 541x554px
>>52678839
>Craw Wurm EDH
>>
>>52678672

>card advantage and card draw aren't the same thing

I didn't say they were, but even if I had, what is your point with saying this?
>>
>>52678851

Nice black and white fallacy. You can be concerned with your deck's power level but not be concerned with competing with top tier decks
>>
>>52678851
i'm sorry you don't like casual commander.
>>
So is Skeleton Ship a viable commander now with Amonkhet?
>>
>>52678893
I said it sucked in general, which it does. I never said it loses to T1 decks, which it also does.

>>52678884
I made a post saying that singleton Enchantress lacks the consistency and card advantage that the Legacy version requires to function, and you replied saying it has card draw. Not quite what I'm talking about.

It's not a matter of not being as good, but as going from 1/15th of any particular effect in your 60 card deck to 1/33 of that same effect in your 100 card deck but also more expensive and functionally worse. The deck simply does not work.
>>
>>52678990
Stop fucking using facts to back up your arguement and let people durdle like retards you asshole. Why the fuck answer somebody when they ask a question anyways?
>>
>>52678990
well gee, i guess i never really thought about how much worse EDH enchantress is than legacy enchantress. guess that means it's a bad deck, huh?
>>
>>52673379
why did the spike skip legacy and frontier? is it because he knows those are the most difficult formats?
>>
>>52672939
Pair him up with Grafted Exoskeleton or equipment with lifelink. Then throw in every red hate spell in your binder.
>>
>>52679014
I thought he wanted actual advice and not validation on an anonymous imageboard.

>>52679047
Well he isn't in the only store in Japan and thus the world that plays Frontier, and Legacy players are actually invisible.
>>
>>52678990

>The deck simply does not work.

thats not true though, anybody who has played an edh enchantress deck will know this is false, the deck does work

its less consistent than legacy enchantress but thats okay because your opponents are also playing less consistent decks. you can afford to play a slower enchantress like eidolon of blossoms because your opponents are slower than legacy combo decks

as for your math, there are 5 edh enchantresses, 5/100, and you can run at the very least, worldly tutor + eladamri's call (for argothian) and enllightened tutor + idyllic tutor (for presence or eidolon), so thats 9/100 cards that get your enchantress engine going at minimum for most enchantress decks, others will splash different colors and have even better tutor options

legacy enchantress runs 4 argothian, 4 presence, 2 GSZ, and 0-1 eidolon, so thats ~1/6, compared to edh ~1/10

its noticeable but not as huge a drop in consistency as to make the deck not work at all.

idk why you're exaggerating about this, the guy just wanted some suggestions and you've done nothing but be rude and unhelpful, for the purpose of stroking your ego as a master of competitive edh
>>
>>52679146
Edh enchantress is trash, stop posting. EDH can be a turn 1 format and your durdle group doesnt make your deck good. An opponent playing leovold means you lost before you sat down at the table if you want to play enchantress. There is nothing wrong with using enchantments in edh but there is a lot wrong trying to use enchantresses for your card advantage.
>>
>>52679192
my group isn't playing competitive decks, why should i? what's wrong with exploring fun and interesting decks? where's the fun in crushing every game all the time? that's a real good way to get a large group of people to hate you
>>
>>52679146
I was actually thinking about Elephant Grass, whose replacements in those colors are itself, Ghostly Prison and Sphere of Safety.

Still though, as one of those retarded few who has played GW EDH Enchantress I can attest to the fact that 1/10 (you're forgetting Sterling Grove as a very playable tutor effect) in a 100 card deck is incredibly different compared to 1/6 in a 60 card deck. In the former you aren't even likely to have one of those in your owning hand, whereas in the latter you're basically guaranteed to have one.

Please explain how the Enchantress deck functions when it doesn't have an Enchantress or a tutor for it.
>>
>>52679192

im trying to see things from your perspective but im not understanding what benefit you get from being a total cunt on the internet, whats the point?

im curious as to what your reasoning is regarding leovold being impossible for enchantress to beat
>>
>>52679232
That's not actually me, I wouldn't argue comparatively. I legitimately believe the deck does not function due to the constraints of the format.
>>
File: Gideons-Intervention-216x302.png (111KB, 216x302px) Image search: [Google]
Gideons-Intervention-216x302.png
111KB, 216x302px
YESSSS YESSSSSSSSS NEVERMORE 2.0
>>
>>52679228

>you aren't even likely to have one of those in your owning hand

with only the 9 i listed (doesnt include GSZ or sterling grove), you have a very good chance of finding one of those in your opener or the top 5 draws of your deck

>Please explain how the Enchantress deck functions when it doesn't have an Enchantress or a tutor for it.

while you're waiting to find an enchantress you can play removal and ramp
>>
>>52679260

anybody who has played it isn't going to be swayed by your braggadocio, they have experience with the deck working fine
>>
>>52679266
Ironically, most people will play this and name Gideon.
>>
>>52679291

Commander shutdown package :

Nevermore
Gideons intervention
Imprisoned in the moon
Darksteel mutation
Declaration of naught

What am I missing?
>>
>>52679269
>you have a very good chance of finding one of those in your opener or the top 5 draws of your deck
No I don't think you understand. Mathematically you are unlikely to find one.

>while you're waiting to find an enchantress you can play removal and ramp
Those are cards that hurt your gamelan just by existing in your deck and you're wanting to do only those for your first five turns?

>>52679280
It does not actually work however.
>>
>>52679348
you're right, it doesn't work against top-tier 3.5 turn win competitive decks.

good thing no one in my playgroup is an asshole running that shit.
>>
>>52679221
Dude I have 7 edh decks and only 2 commanders come from precons. I play the jankiest jank at my playgroup but I find no pleasure mulliganing 14 times for my enchantress hand to play edh. Making a "good" deck is the same thing as making a playable one and an important aspect of a playable edh deck are that your cards allow you to be flexible. Enchantress based card draw is slow and incompatible with singleton formats.

>>52679232
How are you going to win with terrible card draw if you cant even draw? Leovold has a fucking 1 turn win and you want to play cards that will usually draw you one card before eating a boardwipe meant to remove real cards. While that is your perogative dont go seeking validation online for such a pathetic and disruptible way to generate card advantage. Even cantrips are fucking better because there is almost no chance of anyone countering a cantrip in edh.
>>
>>52679389
mulligan once and you've already got a really high chance of having an enchantress or tutor in your opener. no need to "mulligan 14 times".
>>
>>52679381
It doesn't work against any deck that actually plays the game anytime before turn 6, as that's on average when you'll get your overcosted Harmonize online.

I've not once mentioned tiers.
>>
>>52679338
Lignify and song of the dryad's?
>>
>>52679348

>No I don't think you understand. Mathematically you are unlikely to find one.

you need to brush up on your math, if you have 10 ways in your deck to find an enchantressm then the odds of finding one in your top 10 cards of library, (opener + first couple draws) is nearly exactly 66.66%

those odds get even better when you have a free mulligan. the majority of your games will have 1 or more of those in your first couple cards. then you can factor in other card draw effects an enchantress deck can run like rhystic study or phyrexian arena in 3 color enchantress, or harmonize in just WG. it gets better

>Those are cards that hurt your gamelan just by existing in your deck and you're wanting to do only those for your first five turns?

how do spells like utopia sprawl and oblivion ring hurt your gameplan? with enchantresses in play you can be removing things and drawing multple cards with single efficient spells. enchantment based ramp like frontier siege can draw you a card then greatly increase your mana for next turn
>>
>>52679338
chris pikula aka meddling mage
>>
>>52679389

>How are you going to win with terrible card draw if you cant even draw? Leovold has a fucking 1 turn win and you want to play cards that will usually draw you one card before eating a boardwipe meant to remove real cards

obviously i cant let leovold live, luckily i have removal for him like lignify and darksteel mutation. furthermore nobody else at the table can allow him to live either so ill have help removing him

as for boardwipes killing my enchantresses, thats why i usually go for presence first

idk why you're using leovold wheel turn 1 as an example of something a not-bad deck needs to be able to deal with. thats going to beat just about any deck
>>
>>52679430
>free mulligan
Why not just let players start with whatever opening hand they want?
>>
>>52679479

one free mulligan is just standard edh rules
>>
>>52679404
So why play the 3 mana maybe draw a card enchantresses when I could play an underworld connections, spiteful visions, rhystic study, phyrexian arena, any wheel, mystic ramora, lifecrafters beastiary, howling mine, elemental bond, temple bell, geier reach sanitarium, dictate of kruphix, mikokoro, daretti, garruk, jace, sorin, obnixilis, tamiyo or ANY OTHER GOOD CARD? You realistically dont have that many slots to waste on shit like enchantresses when your opponents are playing to win.
>>
>>52679524
if you've ever seen an enchantress deck go off, you'd know that one enchantress regularly draws 3-4 cards every turn it's out.
>>
>>52679457
And if the leovold wins before you draw your darksteel mutation because your card advantage takes 3 turns to set up then what is your backup plan champ?
>>
>>52679524

half those cards you listed give your opponents card draw, i thought you were trying to argue from a spike's perspective, and you're listing howling mine effects as general goodstuff to put in your deck to draw cards?

you can play planeswalkers and card draw enchantments in your enchantress deck. in my sigarda enchantress deck one of my favorite plays is to draw with garruk primal hunter off sigarda
>>
>>52679557
if the leovold player wins before we get a chance to interact with him, we'll just start a new game without the leovold player.

simple solution.
>>
>>52679540
We used to have an enchantress player at the group. He had to take the deck apart because it got beat too easily even with things like worship and being in bant. This isnt a challenge to make you better its a warning that you are making a mistake you numbskull.
>>
>>52679557

obviously if leovold is in play turn 1 or 2, then i'll play darksteel mutation before my enchantress. it hurts but i wasnt going to draw with leovold in play anyway, right?

i have no backup plan for leovold being play multiple turns, but no deck can beat that

im beginning to think this whole discussion is just a roundabout way for you to either brag about your awesome leovold deck that wins on turn 1 or complain about somebody in your playgroup who does that
>>
>>52679565
You are argueing with multiple people because your idea is bad. The others gave up trying to help you. Also any cards is better than 0.
>>
>>52679580
i had a karador enchantress player in an old group i used to play with. black added more tutors which made the deck way more consistent and black gave him access to phyrexian arena and necropotence. the deck was pretty damn scary.
>>
>>52679597
>just tabbed in and saw this discussion
Jesus christ what an idiot, ignore him already.

Enchantress works fine as an EDH deck, I used to play one but took it apart because it got a bit too samey.
>>
>>52679586
Leovold is arguably strongest commander, if you cannot attempt to compete against that deck you will always have a bad deck.
>>
>>52679597

I'm not the person who asked for help, I've already been playing enchantress for multiple years now and I've never had a problem of the deck "not functioning at all" nor have I ever been tempted to replace my enchantresses with fucking howling mines lol

The deck is going to lose 3/4 of the time if all my opponents are on turn 2-4 combo decks, I bring out my mono blue control deck with as much turn 1-2 interaction as possible for those matchups. But 90% of playgroups and LGS metagames my enchantress deck matches up just fine, most people have neither the budget nor the desire to play in metagames that revolve around turn 2-4 combo decks
>>
File: combo.png (753KB, 1280x334px) Image search: [Google]
combo.png
753KB, 1280x334px
>>52679338
Pic related
>>
>>52679630

I never said I don't attempt to compete, I already explained my gameplan, remove him when he appears. All I said was that NO DECK can beat leovold if they allow him to remain in play for multiple turns or for a wheel, my enchantress deck is no exception obviously
>>
>>52679644
I'd scope out of respect if somebody pulled that off at my table.
>>
>>52679620

The person you're replying to is saying enchantress DOESNT work fine
>>
>mfw playing in my Leovold, Leovold, Leovold, Leovold meta
>Leovold wins 100% of the matches
>nobody else can even try to compete
>we used to have 30 commander players at our LGS, but they stopped coming shortly after Conspiracy 2
>Now it's only us ACTUAL pro Commander players who play to win that stick around
>new guy came into the store last week and wanted to play a game with us, brought out a fucking Xenagos deck, we laughed at him until he left
>Store is closing down in a few months due to business dropping, but it's no problem, Spike 3 has an apartment in his moms basement so we'll just hang out there

>>52679670
Fuck, couldn't be bothered to read through all that retarded arguing, just quickly looked over the discussion. All I can see is one guy jerking the "Competetive EDH is the ONLY POSSIBLE way to play EDH" argument so hard that he is shitting up the whole thread.
>>
>>52679616
Were you playing the boonweaver combo?
>>52679639
That guy left I think, I just am a person that doesnt support people buying into jank thinking they are buying into gold. I have my fair share of hail mary jank decks that fall apart if they dont work right but I dont advocate for people to play those decks. I also do have a competetive meta but people in the meta enjoy it.
>>
>>52679711
he was not. most of the time his wincon would be "flood the board with enchantments and animate them"
>>
>>52679711
>I just am a person that doesnt support people buying into jank thinking they are buying into gold. I have my fair share of hail mary jank decks that fall apart if they dont work right but I dont advocate for people to play those decks.

i dont buy this, the original guy never claimed he was going to be revolutionizing the competitive edh metagame with his enchantress deck, he just wanted some suggestions

also its not a hail mary for an enchantress deck to function. i already demonstrated the math is in your favor that your deck will get going in the first couple turns of the game. if your enchantress deck didnt function at all, then you built it wrong, plain and simple

i play in multiple different playgroups, one of them is very competitive. i still play my enchantress deck in that meta, and i can still win, i run lots of silver bullet enchantments for the various combo decks in my meta, rest in peace for gitrog and reanimator, stony silence for various things, rule of law for storm and animar and selvala type stuff

i like edh that ranges from the slow midrangey stuff to the higher end stuff, not as much a fan of games where all 4 people are on all-in combo decks though
>>
>>52679769
The dude who started this stopped here I think>>52679260 my posts are the shitposting/devils advocate ones
I just dont think enchantress can win because of how easily it gets shut down. Like does nobody in your group own an austere command, capsize , or a prossh deck?
>>
>>52679826
if i've been wrecked by an austere command, it usually means i've drawn enough cards that i'm sitting on a replenish or open the vaults
>>
>>52679644
You still need to equip their commander to a token
>>
>>52679826

>I just dont think enchantress can win because of how easily it gets shut down. Like does nobody in your group own an austere command, capsize , or a prossh deck?

bane of progress or austere command are annoying yes, i never claimed the enchantress deck has no weaknesses. its definitely well within our means to beat those cards though, i run torpor orb in my enchantress deck, bane of progress is a major reason, and i can tutor replenish if i need to.

mass enchantment wipes are actually not all that common though, many decks will run 0, and the decks that have them wont generally be all that redundant in that effect, because they are somewhat narrow

im curious as to why you think capsize or prossh are particularly difficult for enchantress to deal with
>>
>>52679880
I'm aware. I was the one who came up with the combo. In a big commander game, odds are there's gonna be a token laying around somewhere you can use.
>>
>>52679886
prossh can alphastrike you after a foodchain combo and any spikey blue player willing to do the work can make capsize read "bounce everything, fuck you"
>>
>>52679924

prossh is very strong and so are mono blue decks, im not claiming that enchantress decks will be better than prossh food chain decks or mono blue combo decks.

i do think the enchantress deck can still compete with them though, i have plans to prevent my mono blue opponents from getting infinite mana for capsize, and if things are going well for me, all my shit is hexproof anyway. and as for prossh, i run various hate effects that turn off a lot of what that deck will try to do.
>>
>>52679695
Main guy from the argument reporting back in, never once did I say that.
>>
>>52679984
Well at least you're being honest. Just better hope you dont get any oloro or ojutai players in your group with a need to win.
>>
>>52680084

>ojutai

lol what?
>>
>>52675347
Link to this comic?
>>
>>52680084
Oloro and Ojutai are bad however.
>>
>>52680112
Dragonlord ojutai can play an impressive control game that doesnt really care about having its commander or not. Its really a less oppressive more aggro grand arbiter augustine the 4th but nobody plays him anymore.
>>
>>52677897
>chucklefucks that cast it and then take 5+ turns to win off the advantage it created

Muh favorite way to play.
>>
>>52680157

i would love to play that, sounds solid and fun, i jus thought it was a curious choice for a boogie man i cant possibly beat
>>
>>52680120
True, but they also have the most tools to fuck over any enchantment strategy and ways to get around shroud/hexproof.
>>
>>52680176
Patrician's Scorn is my most secret of tech.
>>
>>52680174
Plays lots of shit like pemmins aura and vigilance effects and then a basic azorius control shell. One of the upsides is that an ojutai is very hard to interact with, like a new age morphling.
>>
>>52680202

ive played ojutai in frontier with always watching and it was pretty scary
>>
>>52680225
Hes a house in the right meta, and amazing with darksteel plate.
>>
>>52679880
>>52679907
Why a token specifically?

Is that because the token will never have a chance to phase back in, but still have any cards attached to it?
>>
>friend plays deadeye navigator in a reanimator deck
>groan over the card a bit
>he's all flustered and says it's not that strong as he flickers a bogardan hellkite a bunch
>a few months later, build a dimir reanimator
>get a DEN out in my own reanimator and use it to flicker my dragonlord simulgar and use it in conjunction with a sac outlet to kill literally everything forever and also dodge all removal with the flicker
>same friend: "holy fuck deadeye navigator is so lame"

pottery
>>
>>52675815
>>52675850
>>52675887
>>52675984
>>52676157
mana drain should be banned

it's just a dickhead card made during the time when the game was called "blue: the fuckothercoloring" and it ruins games
>>
File: 1491944921368.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1491944921368.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Why didn't Edward Beard do the art for all of the elder dragons?
>>
>>52680497
He was probably parroting you anon
>>
>>52680526
>Being this dense

You do realize it was made during a time where mana burn existed and only 20 life formats existed?

The card used to be weaker than counterspell, only situationally being strong. If you want to blame something blame wizards dumbing down the game so newfags like you could play.
>>
>>52680497
Well, you showed him he was wrong. Not gunna lie I have done the same thing with bane of progress.
>>
>>52680444
Yeah, the token ceases to exist when it gets phased out, but the attached cards will get stuck phased out as they're indirectly phased.
>>
>>52678776
This will be good for my hazeon deck.
>>
>>52678839
Who are you quoting, faglord?
>>
>>52679479
How is that relevant at all? One free mulligan has always been a part of EDH and I'm glad the Jace the Hand Sculptor mulligan rules were scrapped and I play combo.
We're not playing with Gis mulligan either, since that's way past retarded even though RC plays with it
>>
File: IMG_8213.jpg (96KB, 491x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8213.jpg
96KB, 491x462px
>>52672727
kemba B)
>>
File: IMG_8232.jpg (60KB, 419x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8232.jpg
60KB, 419x305px
>>52671402
you can build zada for that price
also krenko

i am a zada one trick and i love him

my deck is only 300$ and i never have to upgrade it
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
>>
>>52681034
>her*
>>
>>52680854
Free Mulligan is a part of multiplayer, not edh. All 3+ player games have a free Mulligan, the reason people think of it as an edh thing is because edh is the multiplayer format.
>>
>>52681047
dual commander babies should neck themselves
what a joke
>>
>>52681205
You're right, but what I said is still true.
>>
>>52681205
people that get dual and duel wrong should neck themselves

hype for the new cycling duel lands
can't wait for the new dual decks
>>
>>52681205
Calm down mate, this isn't /v/
>>
>>52677129
Yeah, it's a great card in a token. It's honestly just a green warp world.
>>
NEW

>>52681367
>>52681367
>>52681367
>>
>>52677061
Yes, you can build around other mechanics, people hate when anyone uses stacks.dek, and she works wonders in stacks.

Also, with embalm and splitback there should be more stuff interacting with grave in Amonkhet.
Thread posts: 406
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.