[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: You faggots didn't make a new thread Edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 61

File: 75b16c439f21eda5d68516505e056c96.jpg (558KB, 1000x1367px) Image search: [Google]
75b16c439f21eda5d68516505e056c96.jpg
558KB, 1000x1367px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Dussacks
Top spikes don't belong on tetsubos.
Dorf cartographer for thread character.

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.
>>
>>52629467
Last thread died? I didn't notice it because it was dead and stale anyways
>>
File: WEWTWO.jpg (16KB, 271x195px) Image search: [Google]
WEWTWO.jpg
16KB, 271x195px
>>52629467
IT'S
FUCKING
HAPPENING
>>
>>52629864
You should have screencapped the other stuff he was saying too.
Also how do you live with white discord?
>>
>>52629937
I didn't know you could change it.
>>
File: SHIELDS.jpg (26KB, 276x357px) Image search: [Google]
SHIELDS.jpg
26KB, 276x357px
>>52629937
>>
File: dark.jpg (68KB, 662x122px) Image search: [Google]
dark.jpg
68KB, 662x122px
>>52629997
>>52630012
Much more gentle on the eyes.
>>
File: 1491046569776.jpg (55KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1491046569776.jpg
55KB, 500x332px
>>52630012
>shield stances
FUCKING
YES

We're going back to the good 'ol days anons, back to when Jimmy actually produced content.
>>
>>52630012
So people who want to run cavalry battles will need the Hunter's Handbook? I don't think this is a good decision.
>>
>>52630449
What the hell is going on in that picture?
>>
>>52631091
Chinese mass-execution drill. They train their MP units in how to efficiently execute large numbers of prisoners.
>>
>>52631099
>>52630449
Not him, but they have to hit both of these targets?

Is that the offcial Party-sanctioned bullet trajectory?
>>
>>52631099
They should've taken quick courses with the Khmer Rouge
>>
>>52630449
>>
Dumb question: does grit reduce your total pain, or does it reduce the pain of each wound you recieve?

Like, say i take two wounds that give 5 pain, and i have 2 grit. Am i dealing with 8 pain or 6?

Also, does the pain reduction on your cp take effect immediate or does it apply for the next refresh?
>>
>>52631319
I think it reduces your total pain. Let me check the book.
>>
>>52631319
Total pain. You're dealing with eight pain in that example.
>>
>>52629467
What is SoS supposed to represent in the philosophic sense? Is it representative of class struggle? Dace kind of seems like that. It's not really a clear message though, I don't get it. How do I explain this setting in dialectic terms?
>>
>>52631433
Thanks anon. Id thought that was the case but wanted to make sure. Damn combat flows quickly. I love it.
>>
>>52631319
It applies at the next refresh, shock takes effect immediately but does not linger.
>>
File: laugjinglions.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
laugjinglions.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>52631532
>is it representative of class struggle
Top fucking kek, why don't you ask Jimmy.
>>
File: tunnel.jpg (121KB, 508x677px) Image search: [Google]
tunnel.jpg
121KB, 508x677px
>>52629467
One of the Visionary Iconic backers here, what kind of culture are Dwarven names based on? I kind of need to know what phonemes I'm working with here when building my character.
>>
So, how sound a tactic would it be to hilt push enemy with an arming sword, and then quickdraw a dagger and stab it into his sword hand or side or face?

The hand stab would seem easier to do than the other two. Imo lesser reach penalty?
>>
>>52631532
Fantasy Realpolitik.
>>
>>52631532
Well in Game Design Philosophy, it's a simulationist response to the rising/dominant school of narrativeist though that only abstract systems where the fiction is dominant can deliver on authentic experiences that don't get lost in the detail. SoS say "No you've just not done it right yet."

Real philosophy? Jimmy endorsed the Realpolitik Fantasy title in one of the interviews and I still like it, the setting is driven by states, nationalities and faiths rubbing against each other and creating friction. So I guess that's it politically.

There's a fair bit of theology mixed with cosmic horror and taken to it's logical conclusion in there as well but it doesn't move the world because it is the world and things just play out upon it. God is real and He is watching but how much he actually cares is up for debate. There's pretty great screen cap where Jimmy talks about the nature of good and evil.

Warning no formal philosophy training, I'm sure you can tell.
>>
>>52632068
It comes back to the old juxtaposition.

Galt
-religious overtones
-violence is meaningless
-utter melancholy

Jimmy
-nihilistic overtones
-violence is natural
-lighthearted and vulgar

They both have a super-Christian background, but Jimmy is much, much more political. A lot of his work seethes with rage, wheres Galt always feels more like a tired old man who has been through too much to feel hatred anymore.
>>
File: galt and jimmy.jpg (169KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
galt and jimmy.jpg
169KB, 1200x783px
>>52632197
The funny thing is, Old Man Galt just transferred his anger onto another, that being Jimmy.
JImmy is the true inheritor of Galt's Will.
>>
File: good and evil.jpg (232KB, 1618x773px) Image search: [Google]
good and evil.jpg
232KB, 1618x773px
>>52632197
>So what about good and evil?
The only thing funnier about Jimmy's warped perception of morality is the fact that he's still a theist.
>>
>>52632271
Why is our inheritor such a snakelet?
>>
>>52632197
Ironically this sounds a lot like a hegelian dialectic... Jimmy is the answer to Galt. He is the antithesis of his mentor. Galt represents an older, idealistic vision of religious truth. Jimmy is an iconoclast. Their synthesis created Song of Swords. A bizarre synthesis of religious idealism and cold political pragmatism.
>>
>>52630030
Do anything interesting happen in the discord? Cause now I slightly want in.
>>
>>52632389
Depends what you consider interesting. Why not pop in for a few days and see if it's for you?
>>
File: Skullface.jpg (62KB, 882x861px) Image search: [Google]
Skullface.jpg
62KB, 882x861px
>>52632354
I like that we have MGS tier lore written around Jimmy's theoretical relationship to Galt, while the other Opaque guys are complete blank slates. Bones and Claymore might as well be Sigint and Paramedic.
>>
File: remko-troost-cover.jpg (608KB, 1184x1600px) Image search: [Google]
remko-troost-cover.jpg
608KB, 1184x1600px
>>52632414
Is it as full of memes as the thread was when the kickstarter finished? I need the discord name and number right?
>>
>>52632480
Well, not really.
Odd, I thought the discord link was in the OP.
https://discord.gg/XFPZV
>>
>>52632561
Thanks, think it got fucked up then that anon screwed up the links in op.
>>
File: wait.jpg (64KB, 680x487px) Image search: [Google]
wait.jpg
64KB, 680x487px
Is this picture to scale? Wilhem and Kal'Ceska are supposed to be fucking HUGE but Sark is almost their height.
Why is he so big, he's an elf.
>>
>>52633612
Zells are just superior
>>
>>52633612
I don't think it's to scale.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (119).jpg (39KB, 337x332px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (119).jpg
39KB, 337x332px
>>52633612
Zells are fucking huge dude, read the core rulebook. Sark is big by their standards, meaning he's on par with fuckhuge giant humans like Ceska and Wilhelm. There's a reason Drosaico lusts for that BZC.

Now imagine being Ranveig, 5'2 human girl, imprisoned in the cabin of a warship. This giant elf keeps showing up to fuck you, sometimes he brings a basket full of lemons, sometimes he brings a leopard seal. Sometimes he brings another elf who clearly hates you, but he helps you get radishes off of the shelves.

Doujin material desu.
>>
>>52633612
D&D elves are small, no reason for any others to be.
>>
>>52633721
Jimmy, pls
>>
>>52633721
>>
>>52633612
Who is the tallest and shortest leaders in Tattered Realms?
>>
>>52630012
>SoS returns to shield favoring rules
Yay
>>
>>52632030
It'd be terrible because how hilt push works outside thevweaoons used in the push is so unclear it's essentially unwritten. Come up with houserules with your GM.
>>
>>52636355
The shortest is Gizka.
>>
>>52638418
Wrong! You forget the loli queen.
>>
>>52638901
who?
>>
>>52639054
Some small duchy in the Kaselreich has a 12 year old as its ruler because of bad inheritance laws.
>>
>>52639214
>bad
Fuck off
>>
>>52639278
>t. Loli queen
>>
>>52639610
Inheritance of royal or aristocratic titles by minors is hardly a rare occurence. 12 is not very young, considering that infants have been crowned and in any case regencies exist in part for this very situation. If you accept blood relation, especially primogeniture as the key qualifier for titles then age is irrelevant from a legal standpoint while regencies and other solutions exist for the practical problems of governance by a child.

Now if by bad inheritance laws you mean "so horribly complicated and arcane that a child must be designated heir for bizzare reasons even when common sense suggests far more suitable candidates with a strong claim under normal conditions" then that is a seperate issue.

There is also the wonderful realm of as yet unborn children inheriting from their father either in utero or at the instance of birth if sex is an issue, although the legend of Shapur II of Persia being crowned still in the womb is probably apocryphal.
>>
>>52640132
I believe the situation is that in that particular realm, the youngest child inherits. On top of all of the other Kaselreich legal bullshit, which can cause nobles to be legally obliged to protect their titles against themselves.
>>
>>52640132
>>52640233
I think it's called Ultimogeniture. The youngest child always inherits.
>>
>>52637401
Did it used to have them?
>>
>>52631714
The ones I've heard sound Finnish.
>>
>>52633720
I suspect this as well, Wilhelm is supposed to be a giant undead war machine, not a manlet.
>>
>>52642321
Yes, back in Flower of Battle. Getting rid of them was a strange move.
>>
>>52644185
put a six foot man next to Andre the Kal'Giant, and he is going to seem smaller than he is

JimJams, what are the heights we're looking at here
>>
>>52644359
It was other game, anon
>>
>>52644373
No it wasn't, anon
>>
>>52644383
It wasn't SoS
>>
>>52644373
Early parts of SoS were lifted straight from Riddle of Steel. Hell at least 50% of the game still is.
>>
>>52644411
You're thinking of Blade of the Iron Throne.
>>
>>52644371
I envisioned Wilhelm as about as large as Kal'Ceska at 6'8 or so. Sark is supposed to be a couple inches shorter than that, around 6'5.

The question is where Bones learned that before putting them next to each other, I don't think I touched on anyone's height in my original descriptions. Fortuitous I guess. We always knew Kal'Ceska was xbox huge though.
>>
File: 1432683810275.png (379KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
1432683810275.png
379KB, 1078x729px
Isn't a genosian pope also a loli?

Pontifatrix? More like Popette am I right?
>>
File: 1432620149227.png (398KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
1432620149227.png
398KB, 1078x729px
>>52645485
>>
>>52645485
No, she's a 50 year old Polish lady. Maybe younger, but definitely an adult.
>>
>>52645713
Did the fluff change? I vaguely remember her called/joked about as a lendian child elected pope when I first came to SoS threads.
What do I miss here?
>>
>>52645713
She's also anti-fun, doesn't let the Sun bone her.
>>
File: HisHolyFather.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
HisHolyFather.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>52645485
Popes are not allowed to be cute.
>>
>>52645841
>He says as he posts best grandpa-pope
>>
I liked the combat system in this game, but ran into a few places where I wasn't able to get a decent match to history.

There was a period of full plate, where the poleaxe was the weapon of choice, but I really can't get that to be nearly as effective as a 2H flanged mace.

I also really liked that the half sword joint thrust shows up, but that was so effective at cutting through mail that it made it seem worthless to put mail under your plate (the AP3 vs. mail granted to the half sword). The rondel dagger gets an appropriate benefit from this, but on the longsword, it seems too good (particularly with the full strength).

From a physics standpoint, the energy in a thrust is dramatically lower than that of a swing. This system generally has similar penetration for both (based on similar damage from both).

I also wasn't able to justify wielding the pick, another common anti-plate weapon.
>>
>>52646281
Were picks really that common though? Some sort of an hammer would make more sense against plate to me.
>>
>>52645777
She was elected as a child but now is 50, maybe?
>>
>>52646501
Warhammer were really warpicks anon.
>>
>>52646501

Not as common as the sword, but warhammers generally ended up with a pick (also lucerne hammer, bec de corbin). The hammer was good because a good hit to the head was still effective even if it didn't get through the armor. The pick portion was good because it could get through the lighter portions of the plate.

Unfortunately, that spike can also get stuck, and your weapon isn't immediately free, which is inconvenient.

The spike is also very useful for hooking or tripping a foe.

The hussars seem to have used picks a decent amount (when the winged hussars arrived).
>>
>>52646572
What the fuck you talking about.
>>
Alright, so let me clear up some misconceptions about plate and its interaction with blunt weapons and their piercing bits. We already know that you can't cut through plate, that is fucking ludicrous. However, some people think that you can punch through it with a pick?? If the plate is dished in, you have a good two handed swing, and the guy is standing stock still, maybe. Might take a few hits. But plate was generally rounded, which made it really hard to punch through. If you don't believe me, take a pickaxe and try and punch through a simple galvanised steel pipe. Your best case scenario is that you land a solid hit and the pipe deforms. You know what deforms a rounded shape? A hammer! So you hit the plate with the hammer component of your weapon, and then you try and punch through it, if you really want to. The next paragraph covers why you wouldn't want to.

Blunt weapons don't do fuckall to the man in full plate. A solid hit to the head might damage your neck, a hit to your hand will fuck you up, a hit to any of your joints will hurt like a bitch, and also deform the plate around there, making it harder to move. Taking a full blow from a single handed hammer to the chest? You might register it, but with padding I have never. Plate spreads the impact, it does it against swords, so why would it not do it against a mace? So how then would you use a blunt weapon against a plate armoured man? You hit his joints until he can't move then you shank him in the eye. Or take him prisoner if he's rich.

So that covers why blunt weapons hit the joints, but not how you use the piercing bits. This is where I'm no longer going on personal experience, but instead on uneducated guesses. Historical plate armour tended to be thicker towards the center, because they raised rather than dished the plates. I think that the piercing bits would be used to really fuck those thinner bits up. Not necessarily by making holes in them, but by deforming them worse than a flat headed hammer.
>>
>>52646886
Are you talking about one-handed blunt weapons only, or do you think polehammers don't do anything to a plated guy either?
>>
>>52645568
>race of vodka elementals
I need it, comrade
>>
>>52646800

Warhammer and pick are both terms that could easily be applied to the same weapon.

Here's a picture of a "war hammer".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_hammer#/media/File:Lucas_Cranach_the_Younger_-_Prince_Elector_Moritz_of_Saxony_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
>>
You all faggots need to remember that just getting an inch through a plate wont do you any good, except potentially get you stuck. There's all kind of shit under the armor too.
Spikes/picks are just to concentrate force.
>>
File: zhibeidaobestsword.jpg (123KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
zhibeidaobestsword.jpg
123KB, 800x435px
A 30-times folded chinese knife can cut through all of your plate, put your picks and hammers aside.
>>
>>52647878
No way fag
>>
>>52647205
A polehammer doesn't have that much more mass to it. Bigger lever, so then you get more energy on the swing, but it wouldn't badly damage you if it hit you on the chest. Polehammer to the face would give you one hell of a lot of whiplash though, while also denting your faceplate making it difficult to breathe/see.

Another thing, we see maces fall out of use once plate starts being the standard armour even for poor people, ~16th century. If maces were anti armour weapons, why wasn't everyone using them? The answer is that maces were anti armour weapons. Anti mail weapons. Mail don't do dick against a mace, especially a flanged one
>>
>>52648113
Why would you even hit anyone in the chest?
>>
>>52648172
Depends on what they are wearing. If they're unarmoured, I'd rather hit the chest than the head even, because it's easier to hit and will make the fight end nearly as quickly. If they're wearing padding+mail it might knock the wind out of them if you hit them lower down, or break a rib if you hit them higher up. If they're wearing plate of any description, no, you aren't hitting them in the chest.
>>
>>52648228
Why not shoulder?
>>
>>52648113

I'm not sure about the mace being so ineffective. The flanged mace is specifically to deal with plate (so it bites into the plate, rather than glancing off). Against mail, those flanges aren't needed. The teeth on the lucerne hammer serve the same purpose.

>>52647763
The spikes depicted are typically a few inches, but I do have a hard time imagining many of the wounds through plate would result in a quick kill.
Not everyone was fully armored in hard armor, so against something like a gambeson, the pick portion would probably be more lethal than the hammer portion.

In any case, I think most deadly strikes on a fully armored opponent were to weak points like the armpit/visor. There's also a significant focus on the grapple, and I think in SoS, this can be pretty lethal through armor.

In SoS, I had a hard time justifying the joint strikes, because if you are using one of the heavy weapons that uses 8 strength, and you lose half those dice, the mail armor of 4 is the same as the plate + mail of 8, except now you have a worse TN and spend more CP to get that hit. I don't know if this particular historical feature needs to be replicated, though. In the game, you can bypass the mail by going for the visor. The longsword works better for that combination than the spear or polearms, though (since you don't need to halve the strength).
>>
>>52645777
It's unclear. I think the original idea was for her to be very young, but when Jimmy got into the subject of her background, her list of accomplishments was too long for a kid, she rose through the ranks of the Genosian equivalent of nuns and was a super-conservative actor in the church for a while before Sulla and the other Paladins conspired to install her as Pontifatrix.

Alternatively that might be retconned now and she's still young, installed as lady-pope by the Paladins because they expect to be able to control her because she's a kid... But this sort of conflicts with her description as a politically savvy imperialist, unless it's the Paladins who are coaching her on what to say and do.
>>
>>52648563
joint strike is for when you're halfswording
>>
File: t-jude-law-the-young-pope-hbo.jpg (257KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
t-jude-law-the-young-pope-hbo.jpg
257KB, 1440x960px
>>52648704
>But this sort of conflicts with her description as a politically savvy imperialist,
Oh I wouldn't say that.
>>
So in ballad do regular attacks that are used to shot twice split the MP in to two? does the second shot hit if you score 1 BS? in general how does this double attack resolve?
>>
>>52649932
I don't think you have to split the MP, you just make the attack twice.
>>
>>52649932
You just roll your full value twice, otherwise it would be hot garbage.
>>
File: 1489469563194.jpg (1MB, 2260x3485px) Image search: [Google]
1489469563194.jpg
1MB, 2260x3485px
>>52650172
>>52650579
Thanks.To follow up, in ballad in the wayof the five can I activate as many ability as I have focus cap for each phase?
>>
>>52650737
I fucking love her, outfit/armor.
>>
>>52650737
You spend focus at the start of the round before anything else happens not during phases, then at the top of the next round your focus refreshes and then you can spend it again.
>>
>>52646281
A bunch of things still need rebalancing.
>>
>>52644806
No I'm not. It's true. Early SoS was mostly Riddle of Steel. Early hilt push was straight up copied from it, before the current system. It was a weird choice not to carry over shield favoring as well.
>>
>>52648172
In game you wouldn't. But in real life it's the biggest part of the body and doesn't move as nimbly as a limb, so it's easier to hit than other places.
>>
>>52652421
Well, if you aren't thrusting hitting the chest is gonna look real awkward.
>>
>>52649066
go away and die
>>
>>52646886
>>52646281
I half to agree that halfswording is way too strong right now.
It's been a meme for a couple years that if we could just figure out how to quartersword than all armor would be obsolete.

As to poleax v 2H flanged mace, it's true that we're in a place right now where the big blunt can-openers (and for some reason the halberd) are the only real weapons to use against an armored man, unless you're some whiz with a zwei who wants to joint thrust the face from a mile away.

The poleax ostensibly has the benefit of being a Long weapon with thinblade and some AP on its attacks, but with how STR on joint thrusts is broken and the ineffective nature of AP relative to Crushing or just pumping STR, yeah, it falls a bit short.
>>
>>52652755
Joint thrust really needs to also work on things like poleaxes. Not the horrifically busted AP3, but at least let us use all of our strength.
>>
Around Din, never spin.
>>
>>52652624
Not really.
>>
>>52655152
Hitting the shoulder area would be much more natural and secure.
>>
>>52655262
Maybe it's all the boffer sport experience, where hitting from the neck up is illegal, but torso shots don't seem awkward at all.
>>
>>52655370
In actual martial arts shoulder area is the most basic of all strike targets.
>>
>>52655721
No it fucking isn't. In grappling you do shit to the shoulder, but in armed martial arts you go for the lower parts of the arm first, especially the hands
>>
Tell me about Chiron. What about them is even redeemable.
>>
File: LOGH-MCSS.png (989KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
LOGH-MCSS.png
989KB, 1600x900px
>>52658811
All they've really done wrong so far is use black magic to kill millions of people, structure their society around the worship of haunted nerve gas and a dark chaos god, and invade all of their neighbors several times.
>>
File: mengy-kun.jpg (194KB, 1190x1063px) Image search: [Google]
mengy-kun.jpg
194KB, 1190x1063px
>>52659683
Your punishment.
>>
>>52655721
And it's just a few degrees and/or inches from the chest. My original disagreement was with you stating that it would look awkward, and I stand by my dissent.
>>
>>52658811
Their culture is cartoonishly evil, but they did destroy communism in Space Europe, which is a noble goal. Also they could've kept CW2 going on longer to try and invade Albion or some stupid shit like that, instead they called it quits after rekking France.
>>
File: school samples.jpg (78KB, 677x574px) Image search: [Google]
school samples.jpg
78KB, 677x574px
>>52658811
They have phenomenal taste in architecture.

Big incoming changes

>Schools & Proficiency Reworks
Tired of hearing a newbie complain about the confusing school system every five minutes? Fear no more! The School system is being completely reworked for simplicity and functionality. Now, every character will choose a School at Character Creation (assuming they have any proficiency points) and this will serve more or less as the character's CP progression for all Proficiencies they take. No weird costs for adding Proficiencies, no confusing +1s or -1s to Proficiencies, just the School's level and the Proficiencies in it, all of which operate at that level.

Another change is that Talents are being reworked to be more like Ballad of the Laser Whales', being gained by School Level rather than individual Proficiency levels.

Maneuver Tiers have been abolished, as has the original system for Superior Maneuvers. All Maneuvers are available at any level, and Superior Maneuver slots are gained at certain levels so that characters can choose which ones they get, making them more special.

Schools also get cool bonuses right off the bad that color how a character will fight. There's some choice involved in some of the Schools to account for characters who prefer to fight on horseback or on foot, etc.

While this sounds like a lot being added, it is far outweighed by the bulk removed. The chapter is significantly shorter than it was before.
>>
File: the best part of waking up.jpg (42KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
the best part of waking up.jpg
42KB, 436x436px
>>52660914
>>
File: school levels.jpg (42KB, 745x376px) Image search: [Google]
school levels.jpg
42KB, 745x376px
>>52660914
Also biiiiiiiiiiiiiig change here, since you now level up Schools instead of Proficiencies, and because that has a mandatory cost, the new Base CP bonus for a level 1 School is 5 instead of 1.

This means that an average character with 4 ADR and 1 point in a School will have 9 CP. Average CP is going to rise dramatically as a result, and the gap between professional fighters and civilians will increase as well. No more soldiers with comically low CP.
>>
File: Y15LXYL.gif (2MB, 629x261px) Image search: [Google]
Y15LXYL.gif
2MB, 629x261px
>>52660977
>>
File: 1473651532703.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1473651532703.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>52661039
>tfw CP overload becomes official policy
If nothing else has changed this would make Max Proficiency at level 20 cap out at 24 CP. With ADR 8 and NBK that puts the new limit at 35.
>>
>>52660914
Oh man I hope I can cram a good number of proficiencies into Noble schools. Or that there's a mechanic for adding further proficiencies.
>>
>>52661039
I'm not certain I like this change.
There's no period where people are "learning" and have low school level - you just emerge fully trained after a point.
More than that, it moves buying 0 Prof at chargen from a dangerous decision to an infinitely stupid one.
>>
File: 1474495124748.png (21KB, 249x214px) Image search: [Google]
1474495124748.png
21KB, 249x214px
>>52661096
>The triggered Newfag is back
>Doesn't know what a 40k Commissar is

Point and laugh at the generic image search file name.
>>
>>52661114
That is a side effect yes.

>>52661142
They can still "catch up" very quickly through Arc expenditure. When you decide to spend a bit on Proficiencies, it goes a long way.

We'll see how it does in testing, there's no way to know for sure until we play a few games using the new rules.

>>52661096
If you are going to shitpost in my thread, could you could spend five seconds finding a .gif that isn't a quarter of a second long, you low-information retard? It's pure cringe.
>>
>>52661189
Can Ascendant humans still breed?
>>
>>52661316
They can. Paladins and Sarturi do it most often, the children are generally normal humans, though they are always very healthy, and usually very handsome. They aren't perfect angels though, many of them end up in trouble because they let their lineage go to their heads.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (109).jpg (30KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (109).jpg
30KB, 599x337px
>>52661096
>get rekt on /pol/
>fug need an easier target
>go to /tg/
>find /sos/
>get rekt here too

Embarrassing tbqh family.
>>
>>52661458
>get rekt on /pol/
What? Seems like there's backstory to that shitpost I'm not familiar with.
>>
File: 1490498880609.jpg (162KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
1490498880609.jpg
162KB, 962x641px
>>52661642
A few threads ago there was a bunch of spam of low-quality .gifs, mostly from that movie in response to someone posting an anime girl nazi. Clearly someone is assmad at their imaginary nazi boogieman and looking to pick a fight with /sos/ over it. That usually means they either got trolled hard by /pol/ or just got home from getting ripped apart by police dogs at an Antifa rally.

Either way shitposting is shitposting. The terrible insecurity required to feel the need to "hit back" against anime pictures is beyond comprehension, but not contempt.
>>
>>52661189
Grappling/wrestling rules when? I need to know if I can rely on getting someone to the mat and joint thrusting them in the visor if things don't go my way.
>>
File: Grappling Ver. Oct 2015.pdf (294KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Grappling Ver. Oct 2015.pdf
294KB, 1x1px
>>52662060
>>
>>52661039
>This means that an average character with 4 ADR and 1 point in a School will have 9 CP.
For what purpose, Jimmy?
>>
>>52661142
I think I like it, simply because it means that people who are just learning aren't incredibly incompetent. There's a certain amount of intuituveness to waving a stick around or throwing rocks at people, and so all of a sudden people who are relatively untrained are actually somewhat able to defend themselves rather than being incompetent retards who fail at everything.

I'd actually like to see this as a Basic CP, that you don't need to put points into to get. Everyone can poke with a spear, or pick up and shoot a crossbow or gun. Total beginners should have some level of competency to allow them to at least be able to get lucky every now and then.
>>
>>52661039
this is stupid if only because now you'll have to do more than Adr+school to find your CP
>>
>>52662524
>There's a certain amount of intuituveness to waving a stick around or throwing rocks at people, and so all of a sudden people who are relatively untrained are actually somewhat able to defend themselves rather than being incompetent retards who fail at everything
You have ADR bonus and Boons for that. Fast progress is represented by low price rookie has to pay to learn.
>>
>>52662853
4 CP is the competency of a retarded elephant. Two peasants can't even wound one another by punching each other unless they go all but one in, and even if they do go all in they'll never inflict more than a bruise. You physically cannot throw a rock at someone and ever hit if you aren't specially trained to throw unless you spend at minimum four seconds stationary and lining up your shot.

People are hilariously incompetent at low levels. Having some basic CP would mean that the worlds of Vosca and Medieval Europe aren't populated entirely by complete incompetents. It also means that starting players have more CP to cross that dreaded Sub 11 CP point where you can't really play around much with the system yet.
>>
File: malediction phropecy 3.png (427KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
malediction phropecy 3.png
427KB, 1078x729px
>>52647271
>>
>>52630012
>>52629864
Jimmy you french-loving whore in the eyes of god. POST THIS SHIT IN THE THREAD AND NOT IN THE DISCORD
>>
>>52663264
and now for something more SoSy
>>
>>52663293
Join the Discord :^)
>>
>>52663186
Schools start at 5, people who have never trained have 3? Doesn't stack with schools of course.
>>
>>52664156
That could work. It could be 4, to further cement 4 as the "average person" number and so that ranged weapons can sometimes hit without being aimed, no matter how unlikely. Then each school level is just +1 from that point. Nice and simple.
>>
File: Jimmy.jpg (90KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy.jpg
90KB, 429x600px
>>52664243
I like it.
>>
>>52664243
Well, 4 as basic CP means that you would still need to aim once to hit a target and deliver more than a level 1 wound, but that's a price I'm willing to pay with the aim-shoot system.
>>
>>52664338
I bet he gets all the sheathes.
>>
>>52661979
What movie is it? I haven't seen it, so to me it just looks like an image of a random white guy scalping someone extremely poorly which doesn't seem too off topic
>>
>>52665215
Inglourious Basterds
>>
>>52663264
Somone could make good money adapting glitched Netflix summaries.
>>
File: Prisson cod.png (435KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
Prisson cod.png
435KB, 1078x729px
>>52666519
True that

>>52661039
>>52660914
Also, when can we expect the updated LaTeX?
>>
what is this malediction prophecy thing and where do i get it?
>>
>>52663186
I like this solution.
Of course, then, we need to ask how Defaulting works.
>>
Jimmy's drunk, post Lendia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FAnWCkpwqg
>>
>>52666979
It's all a flim-flam.

>>52665001
I see what you did there.
>>
>>52669892
Thats super sad seems like that would have been a amazing movie.
>>
>>52663293
He is frequently banned from 4chan. You'd be smart to join the discord if just to have direct access to Jimmy to scream at him.
>>
>>52671547
>game developer is frequently banned from the main forum his game has threads in
Never change Jimmy-boy.
>>
bump for swords
>>
Does anyone know what fall to means in this sentence from Conan?

“Come, fall to, my gentlemen. You have your swords, and I this cleaver. Nay, I think this butcher's tool fits the work at hand, my fair lords!”
>>
>>52673528
Follow?
>>
>>52662179
To stop soldiers from having CPs so low they can't do anything but all in.
>>
>>52652801
>horrifically busted AP3
lol
It's only against mail, it's not really AP3.
>>
>>52661096
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>52661142
>More than that, it moves buying 0 Prof at chargen from a dangerous decision to an infinitely stupid one.
And what's the problem with that? The game isn't Song of Pacifism.
>>
>>52674654
The problem is that all options at chargen should be theoretically viable. People untrained for violence should be an option for so open roleplaying game, as this isn't marketing itself as a duelling simulator.
The "everyone has 4 innate CP" thing would get around the problem.

>>52674478
If you're using Thin Blade to joint thrust from the half sword, and you hit a mail voider, then you get AP3 against that mail, with your sword, that the mail voider is there to specifically protect against, almost entirely negating the mail and rendering its explicit historical purpose moot.
>>
>>52673621
I think he was about to attack them...
>>
>>52674448
What's the problem? These soldiers are rookies and can still attack twice with 4+ CP.
>>
>>52675625
Under the current system, a rookie will have 5 dice. Having Default CP or making Rank 1 5CP would allow them to act like competent people, and give them enough dice to actually play the game.
>>
>>52675858
>Under the current system, a rookie will have 5 dice.
So what's the problem? Rookies are supposed to be weak and untrained.
> would allow them to act like competent people
Rookies are not competent. Why would you expect the opposite?
>and give them enough dice to actually play the game
They have enough dice to act each round. If a group of rookies wants to take down someone vastly more skilled than them, they should use numbers, surprise and terrain to their advantage.
>>
>>52673528
"Fall to" in an old military sense means "get in position" or "get in line," and in this context it sounds like he was essentially asking them to form a queue so that he could start killing them.
>>
>>52676137
See >>52663186
There is a difference between being a rookie and being a vegetable incapable of basic interaction with the world around you.
>>
>>52677460
>being a vegetable incapable of basic interaction with the world around yo
Vegetables don't have 4CP, they have zero
>>
>>52677479
You're right. Developmentally disabled ten year olds have 4 CP.
>>
>>52677630
As all rookies should have. This might surprise you, but there are people who do not know how to even throw a punch. Humans do not have innate ability to know how to fight.
>>
>>52676137
One die is enough dice to act each round. Don't be obtuse. 5 CP is far too little to play the game with, and you know this is the case. If you have less than 8 you're not going to have fun with combat. It's only suitable for GM characters.
>>
>>52678721
The fuck? Yes they do, just not well. That's why training should give you a big CP bonus.
>>
>>52678734
>If you have less than 8 you're not going to have fun with combat
You chose to start as untrained person without combat experience. You chose to not be an able fighter. Why do you want to get into combat after all that?
>>
>>52678752
>Yes they do, just not well
It's covered by ADR bonus, basic coordination and reflexes from Agi and Wits.
>>
>>52678752
Have you seen children fight? "the windmill" is not a manouver of someone with an innate ability to fight.

I've seen grown fucking men hurt their precious little dainty fists in a bar fight because they talked too much and when it came time to punch the other, they tucked their thumb inside their fist.

Humans do not know how to fight. At all. Dunning Kruger effect makes sure that everyone thinks they are competent, though.
>>
>>52678820
>they tucked their thumb inside their fist
For what purpose?
>>
>>52678869
Because they did not know how to punch, and some people find thumb in fist a more comfortable closed hand form, so they did what came naturally to them.
>>
>>52678927
Weird. I've never had any kind of fight training but it feels totally unnatural to me to tuck the thumb inside rather than outside when making a fist.
>>
>>52678927
>some people find thumb in fist a more comfortable closed hand form
That feels like observing result of thousand years of natural selection reversing itself.
>>
>>52678957
Newborns do that but it's weird to see in grown men
>>
>>52678957
the instructor in my taekwondo classes was constantly having to tell white belts not to do the thumb thing, it's apparently really common
>>
>>52679002
Only way I can do that is by tucking my thumb first to the open palm and then clenching my fist which feels slow and dumb.
>>
>>52661142
I just consider the bonus +4CP to be an admittance that people have a natural affinity for tools; that even if you found that fat retard in middleschool who can't run 10 meters without wheezing - he'd still be able to swing a stick with some proficiency.

Its kind of better because you need enough dice to actually play SoS- you can't just be a fucktard w/ 4ADR and 1 proficiency and still comfortably swing a stick twice
>>
>>52673528
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fall%20to

That definition of "fall to" is "to begin doing something". I suppose in the modern vernacular, it would be "bring it".
>>
>>52678820
This is actually even more evidence for the requirement for +4 basic dice. Not only is it almost impossible for peasants to cause damage to one another in a fist fight, it's even more impossible to hurt themselves. I'd have to check, but I think it's actually completely impossible to injure yourself even going all in. You just don't jot with any force.
>>
Being a competent fighter, and being able to kill someone in a drunken fist fight are two different things.
>>
I missed the Kickstarter, is there any way to add a pledge now?
>>
>>52680985
Message the KS account.
>>
File: 1491498295889.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1491498295889.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>52675858
Toth favors.
>>
>>52681388
Kek responds
>>
Bump
>>
>>52682615
What is that, cavalry for ants?
>>
>>52682961
It's roach cavalry after all
>>
>>52680367
Although if we just assumed that all npcs have level one self taught, it solves the problem.
>>
File: river slavs.jpg (87KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
river slavs.jpg
87KB, 800x520px
Bump comrades
>>
>>52682988
RUN ROACH
>>
Hey Jimmy, if our art requests can't be done for whatever reason and we have to come up with something else, would we have heard back from you yet?

So how many of you guys got art to go with your never release game?
>>
>>52689267
It might not be immediate, we have a huge queue of art to produce, and that takes a lot of time because we want the style and quality to be consistent. As we go down the list if there are any problems, we'll get back to you immediately, but it may be some time before we get to you in said queue.
>>
>>52689620
Thanks for the quick reply jimo
>>
File: 433c05b6d6ebba5c1b16a2c68b66e417.jpg (246KB, 1063x1418px) Image search: [Google]
433c05b6d6ebba5c1b16a2c68b66e417.jpg
246KB, 1063x1418px
How would you guys go about stating this armour?
>>
Do you have to be part of a school, or can you have proficiencies not tied to any schools?
>>
>>52691101
y tho
>>
Magic beta when?
>>
>>52691158
The latter.
>>
>>52691101
Queer Ass with joint thrustable chest
>>
>>52691158
Right now the latter, but Jimmy has shown it will change to the former.
>>
>>52678820
The 'Windmill' is a maneuver and not proof of CP
>>
>>52691158
I believe the term has graduated from being a literal school to becoming a School of Thought; an approach to combat dependent on the characteristics of the individual
>>
>>52691101
Cloth Coat 1/0/1 - Exquisite Decoration 2000%
Cloth Long Sleeves 1/0/1 - Exquisite Decoration 2000%
>>
Can someone post a permanent discord invite? The one in the thread expired and there isn't one in the OP.
>>
File: Orredin.jpg (19KB, 362x261px) Image search: [Google]
Orredin.jpg
19KB, 362x261px
Complete orredin when?
>>
>>52695404
https://discord.gg/d66n2SW
>>
THREAD ICONIC POLL, PLEASE VOTE.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12743281
>>
File: COSSUTIUS_SOS.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
COSSUTIUS_SOS.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>52695940
Do the Orredin have purple hair? I know they have the eyes.
>>
>>52696595
No squire?
>>
https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?/topic/35146-sword-dynamics-calculator/
>>
>>52697068
What squire?
>>
File: 1477197258221.png (1MB, 723x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1477197258221.png
1MB, 723x1280px
>>52697272
The idea was for a squire that was knighted right before his master's death. The circumstances leave no proof of his newfound station and nobody believes him, so he is out to prove that it really happened or to prove just how wicked chivalrous he is.
>>
File: fug.jpg (90KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
90KB, 900x900px
>>52698525
>>52696595
Well, fuck me.
HEY, SORRY GUYS; NEW POLL.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12744105
>>
>>52694698
Cloth is 1/1/1 now because Jimmy insisted they have Textile
>>
>>52698633
Why not add the Moon-Fucker there?
>>
>>52692025
tfw I made a shitty magic system for my group based on a dead Korean MMO because I'm craving for some magic
>>
>>52698633
>Dwarf Princess
>Dwarf Cartographer Princess
>implying Princesses have time to be full time adventurers
>implying Dwarves have Princesses
They have Moods, which is a non-inheritable title who then chooses a succesor based on merit and is also an ANONYMOUS POSITION.

I fucking hate the lot of you sometimes
>>
>>52698525
Dunc and Egg intensifies
>>
>>52700207
Who? Dung and Egg?
>>
>>52700120
Who said she's not the future mood of exploration/carthography for her hold?

It's time for you to calm down demon. Just remember, don't slam the door.
>>
>>52700120
I think this was the idea:>>52700369
>>
File: latest[1].png (482KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
482KB, 700x560px
>>52700369
The Mood is an anonymous position, thus declaring the inheritor makes it a moot point. Dwarven Female Cartographer I'm A-OK with, hell I'd probably change my vote to it, but the princess is what's sticking in my craw. It explicitly contradicts prior lore on how Dwarves are ruled, and until people stop being wrong I shall never rest
>>
>>52700120
I don't think you realize what you've got yourself into, pendejo.
God I loved that game. Highly underrated.
>>
>>52700472
So did I. I fucking miss my PS2, just because I want to play it. Visual remake when
>>
>>52700465
What if she is in the current time of the game the mood, but in the past went on advntures?
>>
>>52700800
That would be fine, but considering the role of an Iconic, hardly makes sense as the AP may take place either during or after the time she would be the Mood and/or more likely, get absolutely gutted in a bar fight before dying in small pile of sawdust while regretting her inability to draw a knife fast enough
>>
>>52700760
You know you can just emulate it, right? That's how I played it.
>>
>>52700465
Is it only a male only position? The holds may still recognize the children of the king and just act like he has a shit ton and that he's outlived all of them so far, as well as all of his wives. So she could just be a princess in that she's the Third Daughter of the King during his X Monday.
>>
>>52700369
>>52700120
What if she's a "princess" the daughter of some absurdly rich Dwarven trade mogul, like paris hilton or something, just not a stuck up stupid bitch?
>>
>>52701359
Nope, haven't looked for an emulator. I played on the console, so I guess I have to call you a plebian. A plebian with good taste in games, how odd
>>
>>52701383
It's not a male only position, I would assume. However, recognising heirs as Prince/Princess would likely not happen due to the longevity of the King as keeping track of them all would be nigh impossible, due to inheritance being impossible and due to it revealing the identity of the King, unless the child were sired after the King assumed his new Mood.
>>52702039
That's not a princess nigga
>>
>>52702251
Hence the quotation marks, fag, I was trying to propose a compromise. Hopefully it's a non-issue and one of the decent candidates win.
>>
>>52702251
Keeping track of all heirs and whatnot of nobility could be just part of dorfish society.
Nobility in dorftress was always retarded, with very bizzare needs which still were absolute mandatory t follow-"what? You didn't procure 27 of red spider silk confetti? That means random dwarf gets hammered 7 times"
Having many, different, confusing and or mutualy exclusive lines of descendants from different moods, could a factor in obscuring the anonymity of the king?
>>
>>52703241
>Nobility in dorftress was always retarded, with very bizzare needs which still were absolute mandatory t follow-"what? You didn't procure 27 of red spider silk confetti? That means random dwarf gets hammered 7 times"

Truly the most just of systems, aye.
>>
>>52703446
fukkin' dorfs.
>>
File: so its war then.png (37KB, 1047x335px) Image search: [Google]
so its war then.png
37KB, 1047x335px
>>
File: 1482406282730.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482406282730.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
FIEF MANAGEMENT AND ARMY MANAGEMENT WHEN
>>
>>52707819
6v6v6 fecht to decide?
>>
>>52699939
Welp by system I meant homebrew for this, but you get the idea
>>
>>52707819
To paraphrase the greatest RPG of all time, the dice never lie. Let the dice decide
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>52707819
>>52709611
>>
>>52709273
Never
>>
>>52709376
1v1v1, Karthacki vs. Dwarf vs. Squire.
>>
>>52707819
I hope squire wins.
>>
File: updated.png (37KB, 991x329px) Image search: [Google]
updated.png
37KB, 991x329px
>>
File: 1490093388875.png (727KB, 1029x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1490093388875.png
727KB, 1029x2000px
>>52710143
We need to boost morale, I see.
>>
>>52712086
Do we know what female dwarves, or goblins for that matter, even look like in the setting?
>>
>>52712086
You DO realise the slot is for a male character right/
>>
>>52712391
>Dwarven Cartographer Princess (male)
>>
>>52712086
I got ya b
>>
>>52712391
> "who said he can't be a princess, you cis shitler"

And more seriously, who said that it's not that he "cartographs" princesess, thus is dwarf a princess cartographer
>>
>>52712480
"draw me like one of your Gallian valleys"
>>
File: 1484630747535.png (206KB, 360x614px) Image search: [Google]
1484630747535.png
206KB, 360x614px
>>52712480
Please die
>>
So are there rules for knocking someone off of their horse in this? If so, where are they? Planning to run an ASOIAF game with this and I can't seem to find anything good for jousts.
>>
>>52713767
So far as I know the only way to unhorse someone is a Superior Hook. There might be something about falling out of the saddle if you fall unconscious. A joust in SoS, without any special rules, would be two guys on horses with a Couched Charge weapon (which I believe are the lances and the koncerz), Charging at one another, and throwing red and doing an attack or simultaneous block/attack
>>
Wasn't the iconic characters segregated by gender? Are we voting for a woman iconic here, since there is a Princess there?

When did dwarves get a princess? Isn't their system a democratically chosen anonymous ruler? How can there be a princess in that system, when the whole point is that the title is non-hereditary, and anonymous?
>>
>>52714060
The point is that her adventure is in the past, and she becomes/became a mood.
I think there's both slots open.
>>
>>52714060
>Implying Jimmy cares, as long a he gets paid.
>>52714083
This desu
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15KB, 898x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15KB, 898x79px
>>52714097
>>52714060
>>
File: 1492077338580s.jpg (4KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492077338580s.jpg
4KB, 220x250px
>>52714146
Ok, nobledwarf's daughter it is then
>>
>>52714196
Rules for bikini armour when?
>>
>>52714083
If she becomes a mood in the future, that still doesn't answer my question.

When did Jimmy introduce princesses and princes into the dwarf society?
>>
>>52714309
She isn't literally a princess, just figuratevily.
>>
>>52714329
Then why call her princess?
>>
>>52714343
She could act like a princess, dress like a (dorfish) princess, and princess is simpler and cuter than "who will become the mood of her hold in the future"
>>
>>52714216
> Rules when
Now
> "female characters of cha > 10 and/or one or both boons for beauty are subject to special armor rules"
>"if they wear metal armor that only covers chest area and groin area, without any cloth, padding or other armour on other locstions, with possible exception of shoulders head feet and forearms; she benefits from a bonus to tou equal to half the av of the armour on the locations not covered by it "
>"female character using these rules might also gain access to unique maneuvers in combat"
>>
>>52714343
because the guy who came up with "dwarf princess" didn't know there was no such thing and that's the name being used
>>
File: Galt.jpg (264KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Galt.jpg
264KB, 1200x675px
>>52714146
Yeah, the particular nature of Dwarvish society makes some terms relative. "Princess" here would mean something more like the female heir to a powerful Thegn. The character concept is sound, it just needs a bit of adjustment for setting.

But really all of the concepts are good. A studious Karthacki traveler is a cool concept. A squire whose friends are all dead is good. An adventurous dwarvish noble-girl is good.

Even Alligator-Man would be good if he were done my way (not a joinling, but a Sandor-Clegane type who wears a gator-themed helmet) so don't worry about what you vote for. I'm not going to let stupid ideas that contradict existing lore slip by without a question, I will work WITH our backers to create cool characters who fit in with the lore of Tattered Realms. I'm a reasonable guy, I love our fans, I have infinite patience. This thread is proof.

Trufax: People we've talked to, big people in multiple industries, grow intimidated when they hear that we made our bones on 4chan. This is a community forged in pitch black hellfire. Podcasts and article writers accept out of hand that our game must be good because it passed /tg/'s muster. Building a community on 4chan is like surviving the Pits of Hathsin. We have taken fascists, communists, social democrats and good 'ol boys from the south, australians, germans, swedes, finns, dutchem, frenchmen, south africans and middle aged black women from the south and forged them into a dark army that has crushed records across the board. Our enemies flee in terror before us. The streets run slick with human blood, and the cobblestones glisten and shine with human fat. A mountain of skulls towers in the distance. SoS is coming, the Black Ordu of the Four Khans rumbles across the infinite steppe.

We can handle a weird character concept. We can handle anything. Vote as your hearts desire, my lads. My good lads.
>>
>>52715054
Yeah not you bad lads, you lads fuck off, you're only 3/5ths of a lad
>>
>>52715054
>That Jimmyfied/Jimbofied version of Alligator man
Deffinitely an improvement
>>
File: tumblr_n36fbiLULm1qkwi0vo1_1280.jpg (63KB, 623x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n36fbiLULm1qkwi0vo1_1280.jpg
63KB, 623x800px
>>52715054
>tfw you're so acclimated to 4chan you forget that we're supposed to be the devil's asshole of the internet.

We're really quite nice if you can handle a bit of banter. It's just how the game works, you have to filter out the normies somehow.
>>
>>52715054
When is John Galt coming back to run a fecht? I miss him.
>>
File: W.png (271KB, 670x347px) Image search: [Google]
W.png
271KB, 670x347px
>>52715054
>>
>>52715470
4chan isn't the Devil's Asshole anymore.
>>
>>52715054
So has Galt kicked your shit in yet?
>>
>>52715942
He did, he fucked Jimmy in the ass in star fox.
>>
>>52715960
Yeah but Jimmy got revenge for Galt using items like a fuckin' pleb in Smash Bros
>>
>>52716062
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-SaCaIqy1I

>tfw Jimmy Rome's relationship with Galt is literally nonstop brinksmanship
>>
So the stat bonuses non-humans get: that just increases your starting & final maximums right?

For example, normally i can only buy a stat up to 6, and the final cap is 10, but if my race says i get +2 to that stat, initial cap becomes 8 and final cap is 12? Or, do I just get +2 to that stat?
>>
>>52716445
It increases the maxes. Zells have +2 AGI, so their AGI cap is 2 higher than humans. This is both at character creation and for an eventual maximum limit in play.
Stay penalties reduce your maximum, and keep in mind that you must purchase enough levels in a penalized attribute to have a score of at least 1 after the modifier. If Goblins have -2 STR, then you must purchase at minimum level 3 STR for a Goblin, which'll become 1 STR after the modifier. You couldn't buy just 2 STR or 1 STR.
>>
>>52716565
Alrighty, thank ya for the clarification
>>
>>52674893
I brought up the joint thrust vs. mail earlier in the thread, and had the same concern. I suspect attackers will just attack the facial visor though, since there is nothing behind that, and I don't think there's currently a penalty for doing that instead of the under arm location.

Also, not related, but earlier in the thread, I mentioned that thrusts have a lot less kinetic energy. After considering this more, I think the optional power attack CP on swing attacks does a good job of modeling this, and the thrust damage is probably fine.
>>
>>52717099
Wear a mail ventail under your visor.

>>52716445
It affects both stats and maximums.
>>
Can't wait for horses to have more in depth damage charts so it improves my centaur homebrew
>>
>>52717455
>Wear a mail ventail under your visor.
Why the fuck don't ventails have weak spots.
>>
>>52718414
Because Jimmy made this game.
>>
>Don't bully jimbo: the bump from beyond the 9th page
>>
>>52718414
I Imagine it's because they don't have eye holes in Vosca. Its the only reason I can think of for no weak spots and a perception penalty.
>>
>>52718414
Weak spots apparently are areas where you can use the armor to guide your point into them. A ventail doesn't let you do that so it has no weak spots.
>>
File: 1381971986201.jpg (80KB, 530x518px) Image search: [Google]
1381971986201.jpg
80KB, 530x518px
>tfw you and enemy both get 0 successes
>>
>>52723100
i've had sparring sessions where this happened
>guy feints for my head, changes his cut to my arm
>my defense to his head strike was to do a fucking weird thrust style thing that would never have worked
>his sword passes clean under mine and doesn't hit me
>my sword goes high and flops around uselessly
>we both laugh so much the bout gets called a double kill
>>
>>52723150
>you die if you get hit
>you die if you don't get hit
Truly the most dangerous type of sparring
>>
>mfw plebs think swords are better than spears
Yes the Romans were retarded, if they used spears instead of the gladius they would've conquered the world
>>
>>52723217
Almost like polish saber dueling, if you kill the other guy you lose cause you have to pay compensation.
>>
>>52723494
> you have to pay compensation
Only if your poor or not settled. Otherwise if you had a patch of land, even on the other side of the commonwealth, you were good for a long time.
Thus the saying "szlachcic na zagrodzie, równy wojewodzie" a landed noble is peer with a voievode
>>
>>52723490
Good luck using that spear that I've trapped on the ground with my scutum, pleb.
>>
>>52723956
>trapping a spear to the ground with a shield
lol ok pleb
good luck with that
>>
>>52723956
>not just shooting him with a crossbow from 150 yards away
>>
>>52713767
There's a whole game about jousting that was in /hwg/'S medieval folder. You may want to use that for tournament jousting in particular, and SOS for the rest of the game.
>>
>>52723490
The Romans rekt the Greeks repeatedly and for the most part effortlessly.
>>
>>52724461
>curved shields
>curved
>shields
>>
>>52726290
fuck outta here. curved shields. that's some fantasy bullshit.
>>52726024
the greeks by that point were malnourished and weak. The romans would've had their shit wrecked by the greeks at their high point, but instead they attacked when the greeks were at their lowest, like intelligent cowards
>>
>>52722465
No.
>>
>>52726493
That's what people here said a few threads ago, blame them, not me
>>
New

>>52727440
>>52727440
>>52727440
>>52727440
>>
>>52715610
Now put varg's face on the big guy.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.