[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 40

File: 1462846856104.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462846856104.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Previous thread: >>52611438
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/its-in-the-cards-x1000-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Do your games strongly feature modern technology?
>>
Going to be running a Werewolf game set in the Reconstruction South, Richmond Virginia
Come check it out if you're interested.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74267/the-lost-cause
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12699307
>>
>>52628499
>Do your games strongly feature modern technology?

I'm not sure what this question is asking? But I suppose I could say, "Where appropriate." Out of date tech makes great window dressing. However, I was also going to have a cabal of Mages (under the misdirection of a loyalist Changeling monarch) use Fermilab to break a hole in reality and make a gateway directly to Arcadia.
>>
>>52628833
>a hole in reality and make a gateway directly to Arcadia.

What could possibly go wrong
>>
>>52628886
Worst case scenario, it works.
>>
File: random-payphone.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
random-payphone.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>52628499

No, I think the most modern time I've ever set my modern games was the mid '90s or so. Technology simply detracts too much from horror I want in my games and even a simple smartphone instead of people have to looking for a landline or payphones can wreck a story based on isolation. "We don't have any signal" is a cliche I cannot stand.
>>
>>52628499

Most of them do, as I don't do too many period plays. Been meaning to though.
>>
>>52628547
>roll20
is the community still cancer?
>>
>>52629199
Yes, but it's managable.
If you have no other options.

And I don't, when I want to ruin serious games.
notanautomaton is pretty decent though.
I'm considering applying. He just needs to actually TALK more.
>>
>>52629266
>He just needs to actually TALK more.
what do you mean? when game begins?
>>
>>52629316
In the sessions. We usually have to prompt a response out of him, and sometimes he asks what's going on.
>>
>>52629164
That's wrong, PCs are almost never just unlucky folk trying to escape. They shouldn't be using their own phones because they're more likely a splat trying to operate in secrecy from competing conspiracies that can turn phones into surveillance. There's a lot less horror in implying there's any help outside that could possibly be called.
>>
File: 51W238F6B8L.jpg (61KB, 370x475px) Image search: [Google]
51W238F6B8L.jpg
61KB, 370x475px
>>52629512
I don't now. That depends on the person, but playing sometime at the turn of the century when you have no idea if the next town over is going to have a telegraph office so you can get quickly in touch with your base for them to send back up is kind of a big deal.
>>
>>52629539
>back up
That's urban fantasy code for carpet bombing. Don't admit you've lost containment until you're dead anyway.
>>
How do you guys handle faction warfare in your games. For my next VtR campaign I plan on building up tension between covenants and than making it erupt into violence. Have anyone here done something like that?
>>
>Some splats have anti-magic abilities, but they can be nullified using Prime.

How does this work? Mages negating other splats anti-magic abilities. Wouldn't said abilities negate Prime's attempt to fuck with them?
>>
>>52629912
One of the main deals of Prime is basically fucking with the underpinnings of magical effects, including those intended to repel other magic. It's like bypassing a password by hacking the base code of the system.
>>
>>52629933

Yeah but to extend the analogy: It doesn't matter if you have the ability to access the lower level parts of the system if you can't get past the firewall to use that access. Does it actually say that anti-magic effects can't stop prime?
>>
>>52629962
The equivalent to a firewall in this analogy would be another mage attempting to use Prime to block what you're doing, rather than the anti-magic effect you're trying to bypass.

But yeah, Prime can just dig in and cancel or alter active magical effects, provided you have enough dots to do more than just manascan.
>>
>>52629991

...that seems kinda bullshit. So a GM for a Mage game needs to make literally every foe group have a mage or they have no protection or invent 'This is above Prime' stuff? That seems limiting on a GM front.

But then, I'm the sort of WoD player who has my fondest memories of mixed splat games...which is really not a design decision behind either Exalted or nWoD. Mores the pity IMO.
>>
Prime is the meta-magic Arcana, it's intended for it to fuck with other non-Supernal magics.

This includes anti-magics.
This shouldn't be hard to understand.
>>
>>52630056
Can't gm just rule that such effects like say Carthian Coda against sorcery are in fact Prime in nature and be done with it?
>>
>>52630056
>I'm the sort of WoD player who has my fondest memories of mixed splat games

Into the trash you go.
>>
>>52630082

That would be a reasonable way to houserule it. Lets you have that group of holy monks chanting prayers against magic and have them not be the punchline of a joke if you want non-mage threats in your mage game.
>>
>anons get angry that mages can overrule one of the minor few things non-Magers have against mages.

Get over yourselves. Prime always fucked with other sorcerous workings. Antimagic is not an exception.
>>
>>52630090

Oh, I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me. It's just my personal preferences as I feel it makes for a richer setting than subdividing it into 'Cannot cross these lines' zones.
>>
>>52630082
>doesn't like that mages have the best anti-magic
>decides to make vampires better because REEE

>>52630099
Those monks better hope that their foe mage doesn't have Prime to counter their faith.
>>
>>52630108

Part of the issue is that a major theme of mage is Hubris. However a major part of Hubris is that overconfidence can cost you heavily in a situation where you thought you had the upper hand. Mechanically however it's not really hubris is you DO always have the upper hand.
>>
>>52630138
Yeah whatever
>>
>>52630138

>Those monks better hope that their foe mage doesn't have Prime to counter their faith.

Well, that was in the case of ruling that other splat anti-magic counts as Prime (As it IS countermagic).
>>
>>52630138

I think it's more that 'People don't like that anti-magic doesn't actually work on the splat based around magic'
>>
>>52630154
>Hubris
One of the major themes of the line, yet a far too common excuse made by those with bitter opinions of it.
Not every mage is an idiot, and a lot of mages can actually back up their overconfidence without failure. Jesus.

>Mechanically however it's not really hubris is you DO always have the upper hand.
Just deal with it. Crossover balance is not a focal point for the developers. Mage is explicitly one of the three most potent game-lines, alongside Mummy and Demon. This is by design.
>>
>>52630178
>Not every mage is an idiot, and a lot of mages can actually back up their overconfidence without failure. Jesus.

Then it's not really overconfidence. That's just confidence.
>>
>>52630196
Nah, it's called overkill.
>>
>>52630164
Prime is more than just magic, it's also truth.

It's not far fetched to assume that the splat based around magic, wherein one of its ten Arcana is all about just that, would have the best anti-magic available.
>>
>>52630178
Just because something is by design doesnt mean it's good design.

I love mage but it sucks as a WoD game if your players never have to actually deal with the repercussions of their hubris.

They needed to give paradox waaaay more bite because honest to god, the fact it's so pathetic makes one of their entire Orders basically redundant.
>>
>>52630215

It's less that it's got the best anti-magic and more that it's got the ability to just ignore other people's anti-magic. So mage just removes it's own weakness very easily.
>>
>>52630226
>Just because something is by design doesnt mean it's good design.
I have seen nothing BUT good design since Awakening 2e came out. I'm loving every facet.

>I love mage but it sucks as a WoD game if your players never have to actually deal with the repercussions of their hubris
That's your STs fault, not the system or the players. They can and do suffer, just within their own setting and not as much from the others.

>They needed to give paradox waaaay more bite
Paradox being too harsh was one of the big complaints about Ascension, and it still didn't stop mages from being at the top of the totem pole, in terms of potential.
>>
>>52630247
You can still use anti-magic against mages, Jesus Christ Almighty.

Just pray to god that the mage doesn't have Prime. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>52630282

>Jesus Christ Almighty

Well, semi-mighty. He's no mage.
>>
>>52630226

I'd honestly, if I had the chance to do design, make magic a little less reliable, especially on the fly.

Yes, you are incredibly powerful...but your hurbis will cost you badly if you just assume your magic will always be there to answer when you call. You can't ever assume it's certain or rest on your laurels.
>>
>>52630304
Go piss on another splat. Get out of here.
>>
So i'm swimming over this sea of wankery and vomit that is this board in search for advice. Did anyone run open faction warfare instead of normal cold warish type that seems to happen in cofd on average day? I'm mostly interested in covenant vs covenant but would be interested to hear stories from other splats
>>
>>52630256

Anon are you actually this retarded? Does your aide know you are browsing 4chan?
>>
>>52626480

I accept it because otherwise hunters are the WoD equivalent of heroic mortals in Exalted. That's what you're signing up for.

>>52630226
>not teetering on the brink of Madness if you fuck up one more time

you're not playing the game right
>>
>>52630295

>implying Jesus wasn't a mage
>>
>>52630256
>I love mage but it sucks as a WoD game if your players never have to actually deal with the repercussions of their hubris
>That's your STs fault, not the system or the players. They can and do suffer, just within their own setting and not as much from the others.

The problem with Mage, and other WW games, is that the characters don't suffer the consequences of their actions from the setting reacting narratively to the fucked up shit they do.
They suffer by rolling bad on the omnipresent Fuck You track.
I mean Masquerade has an actual roll to determine wether your character or not feels remorse for their actions. What the shit?
>>
>>52630858
>Is that the characters don't suffer the consequences of their actions from the setting reacting narratively to the fucked up shit they do
I'm new to this conversation, but that's a narrative effect. Unless you want to introduce those as a dice mechanic, there's no way to put that in the system.
>>
Still looking for that "A Beast I Am" album, because holy fuck, you literally can't find this shit anywhere to download, not unless you buy it first.
>>
>>52630894
Yes, you are right, you can't put "the local hunters notice the trail of blood-drained corpse leading to your Haven" in dice mechanics. Well you could but it would suck ass.
I was referring more to the fact that you never get to, or care about, roleplaying the degeneration into a Wight on a failed Conscience roll or conscience biting you hard on a success. A supposedly big and emotional part of your personal horror story relegated to a chuck of the dice.
About Mage though, you could certainly integrate Paradox into the narrative rather than having it as a pure mechanic. Paradox is supposed to be caused by Paradox spirits, minor or ajor characters who are watching your Mage and deciding when he has fucked up enough. Though it's true that's a bit more work than any ST would want, probably.
>>
>>52631203

>Yes, you are right, you can't put "the local hunters notice the trail of blood-drained corpse leading to your Haven" in dice mechanics. Well you could but it would suck ass.

Yeah, that's one of those things that sorta irks me with mage. If you want to threaten a mage, you need a mage so it really limits the number of threats the group can reasonably have.
>>
>>52631258
There are ways around that.
I've generally found overwhelming force, or playing against the Mage's weaknesses works well too.
>>
>>52629316
Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with keeping focused. On the scale of GM sins I feel that that's not that bad though. Anyways, I'm going to try to improve that this game, since it'll be easier to follow the players (stupid) plans. (My current game that's wrapping up is Mage, which means that there are a massive number of options available, which makes it harder to follow along)
>>
>>52628547
Roll20's community has... issues. That's why I'm just using the page to coordinate, and trying to pull my actual players from various other websites. It's also better when you're not doing dnd/pathfinder.
>>
>>52631329
Derp, meant to tag >>52629199
>>
>>52628499
I think that It is closest to an Abyssal being, being a creature from Todash space, a dark void that fills the spaces between realities or some shit like that.
>>
>>52631438
Shit, meant for >>52628198
>>
File: dreams of youth.jpg (42KB, 432x266px) Image search: [Google]
dreams of youth.jpg
42KB, 432x266px
What are the best splats for getting CoD/WoD fluff?

I've read CoD's WoD a while ago, and I re-read the opening short story again today and I still love it and this book, not so much for the rules, but for the feeling the short stories hit on.

I'm planning to read nWoD, CoD and VtR2e for the short stories, as well as VtM, are there any other books that I should read?

Don't even bait me with beast, you know better.
>>
File: Godmachinechronicleanthology.jpg (241KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
Godmachinechronicleanthology.jpg
241KB, 432x648px
>>52631771
Just read novels and anthologies. They sadly aren't NEARLY as numerous like they were for oWoD, but they exist.
>>
File: 1448290825354.jpg (612KB, 1568x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1448290825354.jpg
612KB, 1568x2164px
what Mage path and Order do you think she is?
>>
>>52630369
>Go piss on another splat. Get out of here.

Aww look, the little DaveB fanboy got mad.
>>
>>52631867
>what Mage path and Order do you think she is?

A seer of the Gate with the path of the Unknown Tower, obviously anon. Dont ask obvious shit.
>>
>>52631841
terminology aside, how readable is owod stuff if you're not familiar with game lines?
>>
>>52631771
>tfw always skip the short stories because of the retarded fonts they use
>>
File: nwod_mage_awakening_acanthus.jpg (2MB, 3720x1604px) Image search: [Google]
nwod_mage_awakening_acanthus.jpg
2MB, 3720x1604px
>>52632064
They got better now. Fiction in Mage the Ascension 1E, though? Good god. They also had horrible gold on white color scheme going on throughout. At least art styles were consistent for each game.
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>52632098
>Mage 1e art styles
>Obrimos on Unicycle
>>
File: acanthus.jpg (3MB, 3720x1606px) Image search: [Google]
acanthus.jpg
3MB, 3720x1606px
>>52632098
I don't know. I'll still take the 1E over 2E where everything looks interchangeable because they're re-using artists as much as possible and can't be bothered to actually give each game line its own artistic flair.

>Ascension
I'll assume you mean Awakening and it was a lapsus.
>>
>>52630056
Prime doesn't work on Abyssal entities. That kind of anti-magic is beyond anything short of Archmastery.
>>
Where can I see which books have the nWOD or Chronicles rules? Or are those two so similar that it doesn´t matter?
>>
>>52632539
Anything from November 2012 or later is 2e. In general the fluff is all portable and most of the rules are, just with a little tweaking.
>>
>>52632539
Corebooks?
>>
>>52632629
>>52632637
Thank you.
>>
>>52628198
It is definitely an Abyssal being.
Pennywise is one of many forms It takes.
>>
>>52616702
I was under the impression that reapers harvested souls, not just fucked around with them.
>>
>>52632814
Chicken and egg. You need to harvest a soul before using it.
>>
>>52632839

Echo Walkers don't.
>>
>>52632889
Fair point. Reaper is a catch all term for the left handed practice. There will be variance.
>>
File: 1410290206654.png (195KB, 400x369px) Image search: [Google]
1410290206654.png
195KB, 400x369px
>tfw god machine is abbreviated as GM
>GM also means game master in roleplay context.

I am the god machine!
>>
>>52632192

Hello again, best White Wolf art ever created.
>>
>>52630858

I'm personally not a fan of the standard fuck you track and prefer the Harmony model. I'm currently rewriting wisdom to reflect Hubris and Detachment - the former is already explained, but i'm flavoring it more towards the fallen world, where as detachment causes a mage to be all "fallen world is irrelevant, imma leave my body behind and journey out to the astral plane, peace."

This of course turns the inert body into a hard to destroy magic vacuum, which will lead other mages to either try to destroy it through mundane methods or try and get mind and soul to come back.

>>52632920

I played a 'walker once who became obsessed with discovering "the secrets of the soul" as an outgrowth of his studies of Death and Spirit so he could just pop a soul back in after putting it out of joint.

This led me to a Tremere, who revealed that 1. 'Walkers were beneath his notice because we weren't "real reapers" and 2. We were useful tools for easy feeding, and that my efforts to not do lasting harm made a soul more "sustaining"

Cue anti-heroic BSoD, followed with "But i assume you had a question for me?"
>>
>>52633119
I'm not sure jacked jawa and mumm-ra plotting to kill batman is pretty great.
>>
Is there any decently written World of Darkness fiction? I know there's a officially released novels for some of the splats, but I heard most of those were terrible.
>>
What is the best oWoD Vampire sect and why is it the Sabbat?
>>
>>52633363
DaveB's short story 'premeditation' in primordial feast is good. It managed to redeem Beast and Changing Breeds somewhat as having some potential.
>>
File: GandalfLoreal.gif (214KB, 443x190px) Image search: [Google]
GandalfLoreal.gif
214KB, 443x190px
>Mage
It's an absurdist game that only Neet underachievers play
>>
>>52633410

Anything good Vampire (Masquerade or Requiem) related?
>>
>>52633561
Hey I'm a gainfully employed man child thank you very much.
>>
>>52633561

Mage is absurdist, that's key to actually "getting it."

>>52633149

I'd prefer if most Consiili regarded Echo Walkers as "Questionable" as opposed to "Verboten." It makes the slippery slope of the legacy harder to see. This could be compounded by most of them seeing themselves as "one of the good guys" and otherwise acting accordingly.
>>
>>52633363
>but I heard most of those were terrible.

Nah, not really. I haven't read any of the more recent stuff, but Requiem novel trilogy was solid.
>>
>>52628547
What time zone?
>>
>>52633561
Last game I ran had players with PhD's, doctorates and masters. The ST had the least formal education (only college) and the best grasp the absurd.
>>
>>52628547
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/74267/the-lost-cause
Oh this looks fairly fun but unfortunately I have to work during this time. Good luck with the game though!
>>
>>52634530
EST
>>
Does anyone have any sort of player or storyteller aids for Mage: the Awakening?
>>
>>52628547
>voice only
>CoFD instead of oWoD

oh well
>>
>>52635370
How does it feel to be retarded. Honest question.
>>
Most clans/traditions/tribes are super cringe
>>
>>52631867
Literally who?
>>
>>52630575
The irony here is that you are the retarded one, anon.
>>
>>52635497
>Audio / Visual Voice only
>The Forsaken and the Pure
> Werewolf the Forsaken

Explain why it's retarded to dislike voice chat (I don't want to listen to 300 lb nerds pretend to be he-men and vixens) or WtF (no-lore meme toolbox) and to express disappointment ("oh well").

>>52635562
Cringe isn't necessarily bad though. At least with oWoD it's slathered in 1990s flavor, unlike OPP's modern bland SJW cringe.
>>
Who /creatingcharacterstheywillneverusebecausetheyhavenogroup/ here ?
>>
>>52633363
The 13 V:tM ones were pretty meh, with the exception of Tzimisce, which captured the spirit and horror of them perfectly, shame like 70% of the book focuses on Lasombra politicking instead.
>>
>>52635603
>The irony here is that you are the retarded one, anon

Go anon, all that free time at the bottom of the short bus gotta be spend somehow.
>>
Can anyone give me a breakdown on the changes from nMage to nMage 2E?
>>
>>52635681
I am 100% that having a game never stopped anyone from filling a sheet and three sentences every time they got an idea.
>>
>>52635886
Good choice. Don't waste your life, retard.
>>
File: powahhh.jpg (31KB, 604x259px) Image search: [Google]
powahhh.jpg
31KB, 604x259px
>>52635913
>>
File: 123456487546541.jpg (136KB, 1300x975px) Image search: [Google]
123456487546541.jpg
136KB, 1300x975px
>>52614766
This album is so fucking awful...
I could put together a way better mix of goth/cold wave music if anybody's interested. Not sure where I'd post it though.

>>52631106
Good luck man, I've been searching for that one for a while.
>>
>>52636008
>Good choice. Don't waste your life, retard.

Damm son, not even a good come back. Sad.
>>
File: 1488792293259.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488792293259.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>52636065

>Music from Succubus Club
>awful

Why? What's so bad about it? It perfectly captures the '90s theme with all the Clans.

>I could put together a way better mix of goth/cold wave music if anybody's interested.

Well, go on then. Pick a song for each of the Clans from VtM. I'll wait.

>Not sure where I'd post it though.

Right here. Just link the youtube shit.

>Good luck man, I've been searching for that one for a while.

Yeah, well, I haven't found shit yet. Not even fucking Soulseek. And /mu/ isn't of any help.

I'm thinking I'll end up shelling up the $14 for it.
>>
>>52636094
>The 'not a good comeback' comeback

Oh, you never fail at irony.
>>
These threads are a lot more vicious than I remember. With a lot more outright stupidity. What the fuck is this splat wars horseshit? When did DaveB become persona non grata, or is it just one solitary turbo autist kicking up a stink? What the hell happened in the past half year?
>>
>>52636185
>splat wars
Have you chosen a side?

>mage supremacy
>>
>>52636102
Not the same poster but I could give a shot at clans/covenants from VtR
>>
>>52636220
Tell me it's all just memery my dude. Dank memes, and only dreams. I love them all, aside from Beast.
>>
>>52636291
>it's all just memery my dude. Dank memes, and only dreams. I love them all, aside from Beast.
Even Dreaming and Yiffpocalypse?
>>
>>52636320
W-well....I meant CofD...I guess Apocalypse has its place...And er. Dreaming made SOMEONE happy...
>>
>>52636372
What were the problems with dreaming? I'm CofDfag and never even came across old changeling
>>
>>52636185
that's what general mentality does
people asking questions and talking about games get ignored, shitposting and memespouting go on for threads and threads
>>
>>52636254

That's just... what, 5 songs for the clans and 4 for the covenants?
>>
>>52636404
Do you know how certain people talk about creativity without ever going into specifics and can't really explain their process or produce any evidence they're actually creative?

Imagine a whole game line about that.

In Dreaming you play some sort of half human half faerie hybrid trying to 'balance their too sides out' without fluttering off into dreaming aether or becoming so banal you have no inspiration. Is that too vague? Don't take it up with me, take it up with the game authors.
>>
>>52636487
5 for the clans 7 for the covenants as opposed to 13 for clans in VtM
>>
>>52636452
Maybe my specs are rose tinted but I just don't remember it being THIS bad...At least that touhou fag seems to be gone.
>>
>>52636507

>7 for the covenants

Wait what? There's Lancea, Invictus, Ordo Dracul, Circle of the Crone and...?
>>
>>52636499
But what do you do in a game like this? Do I fight the tax office forcing me to fill out my forms?
>>
>>52636533
Lancea, Invictus, Ordo Dracul, Carthian Movement, Circle of the Crone, Belials Brood, VII(last two are antagonists but had full writeups in 1ed thou VII had 3 options to chose from so this gets messy)
>>
>>52636544
I never met anybody who actually played the game (3) who could tell me what an actual session was supposed to be like. They all explained that everyone at the table was more or less bewildered, in their own words, and they moved on to something else.
>>
>>52636404
The game as a whole doesn't sit well with being in the same universe as the other splats due to being rather cheery. But people who wanted a cheery game were disappointed due to how superficial it was. Paraphrasing a quote from the 1d4chan article on it.
>People who wanted a World of Darkness game found a game covered in glitter. People who wanted a light hearted game quickly found the glitter came off easily.
>>
>>52636372
The best thing you could say about Dreaming is that it gave way to a much better game in the form of Lost.
>>
>>52636523
that's what it is, it's a rapid erosion
>>
>>52636583
You can add one more to that. That's exactly my experience.
>>
So did anyone here played Wraith? I've heard a lot of people talking good things about the world and concepts but never about playing the thing.
>>
>>52636760
Wraith is THE game everyone talks about and compliments but which no one ever plays (there's a reason it went out 5 years before the rest)
>>
>>52636568

Oh right, the VtR equivalent to the Anarchs. Forgot about them.
>>
>>52636820
>VII
>Anarchs

That's not really accurate. Belial's Brood even less. Anarchs CAN take form as a more militant freedom-inclined brand of Carthians in Requiem.
>>
>>52636820

Carthians, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>52636882
I think he is talking about Carthians as the ones he forgot. Imho carthians are base of anarchs with a sprinkle of sabat and brujah on top
>>
Damn it, now I called myself a dumb fuck. No more multitasking.

>>52636882

See >>52636914
>>
>>52636882

To be fair OPP artists doesnt seem to have gotten anarch != carthians memo
>>
>>52636523
The magefags have been shitting up these threads since mid January.

They also have some sort of hive-mind going on. Everything seems coordinated and they never shut up.
>>
>>52636950
That's the power of being united in being right against people who are objectively wrong.
>>
>>52636964
>stereotypical magefaggot
>>
>>52636950
>Magefags

This explains nothing about what "they" are doing and why the "rest of the thread" would be suffering for it. Explain.
>>
>>52629862
>>52635130
>>52635913
>>52636760
Bumping unanswered stuff in the thread.
The Prime discussion was interesting, too.
>>
>>52629862
Think of it like political parties. Main difference is that Covenants are not like Sects in a sense they're not uniform or under some global leadership. And they don't have to be represented equally or at all in each city, which is somehow I've witnessed for myself when STs try to make up nonsensical scenarios to have all the Covenants present all the time. You don't have to do this.
>>
>>52637120
The Prime discussion wasn't interesting, it was fucking aggravating.

>"REEEE mages have anti anti-magic REEEE"
>>
File: 2e changes.jpg (303KB, 1406x658px) Image search: [Google]
2e changes.jpg
303KB, 1406x658px
>>52635913
I believe this was originally stolen from Reddit so make of it what you will.
>>
>>52636102
>Why? What's so bad about it? It perfectly captures the '90s theme with all the Clans.

No it doesn't. They're all same-sounding Ministry rip-offs. I mean I like Ministry as much as the next guy but actual goth clubs in the 90s mostly played 80s bands.

>Pick a song for each of the Clans from VtM.

I did what I can for Cammies with yt links, but a lot of my first choice picks weren't available.

Brujah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6kBRCWpJo

Gangrel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upaoFi7BUUQ

Malkavian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVnBzNn1KXU

Nosferatu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=497h9Y9rAkM

Toreador:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0sfIxR5J3A

Tremere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtCzplAE52I

Ventrue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kebGE6iUKDM
>>
>>52637452
Why did you put all the "REEE"s in the same sentence as the correct facts that mageposters were espousing instead of the tards pretending like it isn't true?
>>
>>52636809
>Wraith is THE game everyone talks about and compliments but which no one ever plays

Didn't Geist inherit that misfortune for CofD?
>>
>>52637411
Yup. I'm planning a local conflict in with
1. Carthian and Invictus moderates that were in charge until now get themselves overthrown by radicals after the prince goes missing.
2. Lancea Sanctum with was the largest covenant in the neighborhood but denied power until now wants to take the control over the domain with Inqusitor trying to get rid of Bishop in the mess that is sure to ensue.
3. Ordo Dracul is reduced to like one member and CoC is wiped out after events of my last campaign but the Belials Brood that used CoC as a front is going to mess things up further
How does that sound for basic premise?
>>
>>52637551
Are you retarded? The above anons were REEEing because they acknowledged it.

Then they decided to dumb Prime down because vampires and no-sellers aren't awesome enough.
>>
File: nod-yeah_face.gif (986KB, 438x305px) Image search: [Google]
nod-yeah_face.gif
986KB, 438x305px
>>52637533
I like your style, anon.
>>
>>52637591
Yeah but Wraith at least got expansions while they abandoned Geist to fend for itself. On the other hand Geist as a concept is not as outlandish. It mostly needs more direction and defined goals IMHO
>>
>>52637533

Aside from the last song, that music is pure trash. And I say this as someone who unironically listens to The Gerogerigegege.
>>
File: LogoBelialsBrood.png (9KB, 408x383px) Image search: [Google]
LogoBelialsBrood.png
9KB, 408x383px
>>52637593
>How does that sound for basic premise?

I like it, but holy fuck. If Belial's Brood has a foothold all vampires are pretty much in deep shit and it could turn into a war behind the scenes to get them out of the city. Depending on where PCs come into it they have their work cut out for them.
>>
>>52637597
Mages having the best method of dealing with other magicians is terrible balancing.

They literally have no bloody weaknesses when it comes to crossover.
>>
>>52637593
Needs representatives for each faction inside the covenants.
>>
>>52637707
Brood was reduced to 2 guys who managed to gtfo after what happened in the last campaign. BBs Therion is planing to use Birthing a Blood God to summon Belial into the world but the key element of his plan got ripped apart by the prince so he has to bid his time until he figures out a replacement.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>>52637832
Could you say that they are...brooding?
>>
>>52637710
Balance between splats is not even a blip on the radar. Crossovers is just a bad idea to begin with
>>
>>52637898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o
>>
>>52637710
No it isn't. Mages having no way to deal with other mages would be terrible balancing. But they are capable of doing so. They are capable of dealing with a matched threat. They aren't unbeatable, its just their antagonists are better than the other game lines too, not just the PCs.
>>
File: bloodbath.png (232KB, 628x338px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbath.png
232KB, 628x338px
>>52637622
Thankye

>>52637533
For the next set, a selection of ambient Indie clan chillouts
Assamite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VduTEXRefms

Followers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY4sPQI26ak

Giovanni:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MngEXcD5EoM

Ravnos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpO86kZiQbw
>>
>>52637036
>nobody answers this

Aight Im just assuming it's autism then.
>>
File: vesago.jpg (69KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
vesago.jpg
69KB, 500x672px
>>52637686
All forms of entertainment are trash. As an "unironic" listener of Tokyo Anal Dynamite you really should already understand this.
>>
What was Beast's biggest mistake?
>>
What happens if someone is soaking wet or standing in water when they get zapped by electricity? Does it increase the damage?
>>
>>52638052
Nobody answers you because you're too stupid to devise your own answer to the obvious.
>>
>>52638147
Trying to force the idea that Beasts are a force for good. Not being able to take the form of the Beast whose soul you house. SJW horseshit.
>>
>>52638151
There weren't even rules for area of effect, transfer or range in 1e for this sort of thing, as a Lost player desperately trying to play Levinquick kith believe me I looked. Go with your gut. Make up your own condition if you have to.
>>
>>52635130
>Mage
>aids

Obvious joke aside, there isn't. You kinda have to know everything else to run a good Mage game so you don't get bamboozled by competent players.
>>
>>52638151
It changes nothing, the damage of any significant source of electricity deals damage per turn (usually enough to wrap you into lethal outright) and you probably can't get away due to muscle spasms so it hardly needs increased damage when wet, it would just over complicate a system that doesn't really use dice rolls and just straight kills you anyway.
>>
>>52638147
Antagonists IMHO
VtR
>I fight other vamps and shadow demons
WtF
>I fight alien monsters from the moon and whatever ugly gets in my face
Mage
>I fight...wtf is this..oooo...and wtf is that? Must know more
Beast
>I fight fedora tipping internet trolls
>>
>>52638177
>You're too stupid to just make up your own answer for what form this "wehh magefags ruining the threads since January!" cancer takes! Just too retarded to make up your own reasons why too!

I didn't want to presume the length and breadth of your personal or collective mental handicap, but on your own advice I'm just going to write in "maximum" in the blank space, and "because their mother drank to term" in the one next to it.
>>
>>52637710
There's a whole fucking Arcanum dedicated to dealing with magic and truth.

Of course mages are the best when it comes to anti-magic and defending against it from other sources.
>>
>>52638147
It was just poorly handled all-around. Keep in mind final product is the revised version after fans got outraged with some of the original bullshit.
>>
>>52638267
>this is a magefag

Stop sticking up for your piece of shit splat you whore.
>>
>>52638147
The beasts simply aren't beastly enough. You should be able to turn into a fuckhuge monster anywhere, and your beast powers should be able to show off how monstrous you are even to normies.
>>
File: even more warlock backstories.jpg (264KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
even more warlock backstories.jpg
264KB, 639x800px
>>52638047
>Song of Saya OST - Shoes of Glass.mp3
>>
>>52638267
Is it any question why nobody bothers with you?
>>
>>52638295
But I just asked what was happening and you sperged out like some sort of 'tism tornado. Of course I assume these 'magefags' are blamless considering you are the supposed alternative.
>>
>>52638036
Yeah, but why make anti-magic useless against Prime? It reeks of "NOPE MAGES WIN HUR DUR DUR"
>>
>>52638147
problem with beasts is I find heroes more compelling to play with

>parents have had a falling out with their teenage son
>hero kidnaps the kid for a week and keeps him locked in a dungeon
>parents are understandably out of their mind with worry
>hero releases the kid so both he and parents are now happy and their relationship has deepened
>this is a beast hero doing a GOOD deed
>>
>>52638395
Because those powers exist only in other game lines that aren't a concern for Mage or its themes?
>>
>>52638384
If you really want to know just how tyrannical magefags can possibly be, go read the previous months of threads.

The Archmage vs Caine debate for instance, it must have been brought up at least a dozen times.
>>
>>52638395
Also it still works, it can just be shut down with magic and preparation, something that other templates can do, but get no real magic benefit from doing.
>>
>>52638395
Because Prime is solely about magic and truth.. .. ..

How is this so hard for you to understand? It makes complete sense that mages would be the best when it comes to fighting against other magics, even anti-magics from other game-lines.
>>
>>52638371
As nobody, you bother me.
>>
File: folder.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
>>52638047
Closing with some Sab experimental/industrial cuts
Lasombra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0bhwmoOCc

Tzimisce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdjIOcoTEPY
>>
>>52638422
Yes, and every time its Caine fags arguing using fan fiction and spreading lies, with Mage posters actually citing sources.
>>
>>52638427
Anti-magic still works against mages, just not against those proficient in Prime, which is at least 1/5 of the mage population.

On the other hand, most non-Mage splats aren't going to specialize in anti-magic to begin with, while 1/5 of mages already do so automatically.
>>
Reminder that you don't need to use Prime exclusively to counter anti-magic of the other lines.

Fate can counter a changeling's anti-magic, as an example.
>>
>>52638457
Caine shit should be obvious mage false flag posting at this point
>>
>>52638541
They are obviously bait, but blaming it on mageposters is a source less claim. And given all the bait arguments are about vampire and from people clearly biased towards it, it makes that claim even weaker.
>>
Japanese Shadow Names ust be crazy. The same Kanji can be read differently depending if it is used in conjunction with other kanji. You can literally have the same kanji for your real name and shadow name but read differently.
>>
>>52637533

Your choices are far worst than the succubus club for music interpretation of the clan feel.

For example in your brujah song, i feel no rage, no anarchy.

Also you forgot that the succubus club had certain atmosphere to it. Your songs totally don't sit well with it.
>>
>>52638564
But you're still assuming that the bias is genuine. As someone who mostly just reads these threads, it seems pretty apparent to me that the actual vamp posters ignore the mage discussions completely, then along comes a guaranteed magefag replies bait post like clockwork.
>>
>>52638707
>it seems pretty apparent to me that the actual vamp posters ignore the mage discussions completely

I have noticed the complete opposite, myself.
>>
>>52638743
I've seen the same, which is why I think >>52638707
has a clear bias against mages, and even if its not a bias in favor of vampires, its clear that's how its worked out in this case.
>>
>>52638707
You're starting to sound a tad bit suspicious. Vampire bias is damn well genuine.
>>
File: 1455831954161.gif (630KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1455831954161.gif
630KB, 500x378px
>>52638691
I'd completely forgotten what it was like to be this plebeian
>>
>>52638623
Sounds like a cool character concept.
>>
>>52638541
>>52638564

I'd believe it except a casual glance on the official forums has really lowered my expectations on Masquerade players.
>>
>>52638868
The oWoD section of the OPP forums is full of autists. You now realize this?
>>
>>52638147
Trying to whitewash Beasts.

People forget that we're playing monsters.
>>
>>52638918
This. Beasts should not be the heroes.
They should at best be in a "monster vs. even worse monster" situation.
>>
>>52638776
I dunno man, if anything I'm a werefag I guess. I just don't think vampfags benefit at all from trolling in the way that mage posters do. It just turns the whole thread towards archmage supremacy memes and 6dot + Spheres discussions.
>>
>>52639042
It benefits their ego, if you really want to know.
Not that they can even back it up.
>>
>>52639042
>werefag

You need to leave.
>>
>>52639042
By eroding the legitimacy of Mage as a splat Vampfags get to wank to Caine and Antes without being disputed. The last shitfest was vampfags spamming that Brucato post about archmages being a result of a typo. There is no conspiracy of magefags trying to ruin the thread intentionally. Vampfags are just that retarded.
>>
File: Brucato's words.png (146KB, 956x534px) Image search: [Google]
Brucato's words.png
146KB, 956x534px
>>52639546
That whole Brucato post was full of mage supremacy to begin with. They tried twisting it for their own benefit and failed.

Fuckdaddy Phil even declared the Archspheres as canon in M20. Retarded vampfags indeed.
>>
>>52639546
>wank to Caine and Antes without being disputed
Why would vampfags want this though?
Also
>without being disputed
You and I both know that will never happen, this is 4chins after all
>>
File: werefags.png (934KB, 1746x1074px) Image search: [Google]
werefags.png
934KB, 1746x1074px
>>52639177
>tfw no werebros
>>
>>52639831
Because masqueradefags believe their splat should be at the highest end of the power spectrum. It doesn't matter if a run of the mill werewolf would absolutely destroy the average vampire, they just point to Methuselahs Antes and say they win. They want to be to say the same thing about mages but can't as long as archmages are a thing. For them it's not enough to have the most supported and popular splat they also want to have the most powerful splat.
>>
>>52639920
Don't fret werefags, most magefags love you guys (even if they're tsundere for you)
>>
File: tsundere mage.gif (150KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
tsundere mage.gif
150KB, 500x396px
>>52640043
>tsundere

S-stop it
>>
>>52640081
It's not like you like knots or anything, right?
>>
>>52640027
But why would a vampfag interpret vampire's setting in terms of mage's power mechanics though? Just doesn't jive with me and makes me think shenanigans are afoot.
>>
>>52640161
You really need to read previous threads.
>>
File: 1416499248959.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1416499248959.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
>>52628499
Can a character like Prince Nuada be w viable antagonist in a WoD chronicle? Maybe for Changeling?
>>
>>52638203
Fuck.
>>
>>52640161
That's not it. Masqueradefags just want to be able to say that their heaviest hitters shit on everyone else in a 1v1 fight, which is a hard sell when archmages exist. If the strongest archmages were officially stated to be weaker than Caine they actually would be satisfied. They'd fucking jump for joy if they were weaker than Antes. They want the "You Lose" Caine sheet to be canon.
>>
>>52640290
Caine's sheet being canon wouldn't even make a difference to be honest.
>>
File: 1486867669946.jpg (222KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1486867669946.jpg
222KB, 494x494px
I've been thinking, if a vampire were in a sack with a cut hole for a smartphone camera and goggles, would he still live while seeing the sunlight? Obviously the hole would be vacuumed from all light.
>>
>>52640290
Lol. I ran a game where caine gets raped and used as a tribute in some dubious as mage ritual. Fuck White Wolf's rules. Can't tell me how to live my life.
>>
>>52640329
fagidiot
>>
>>52640142
N-No...y-y-yes
>>
>>52638411

I uhh..
Could you explain that again? I'm not quite getting what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>52638946
>>52638918

Agreed. If they'd lay off the inversion and trying to subvert the narrative they're trying to do to make themselves look smarter the book would have been a lot better.

They should have worked with the trapped in a narrative thing, where Beasts are compelled to do Bad Things. Make Beasts and Heroes doomed to retread the same paths against their will again and again. Both being stuck in Fate's loop, both damned. That is, if they intended to keep Beasts Good.

Otherwise they should have just horrored it up, without the stupid LGBQT Narrative that implies Autists HAVE to cause harm.

(Also Fuck You NezumiChan, I still remember you from the Beast threads and how much of a disgusting person you are)
>>
>>52640710
>Fuck You NezumiChan
Yeah, fuck her.
>>
>>52640710
>>52640744
I'm going to regret this, but...who?
>>
>>52640710
>Autists HAVE to cause harm.
Isn't this true tho? They kinda ruin everyone else's fun.
>>
Which Mage: the Awakening books (besides the 2e core, obviously) are compliant with 2e stuff?
Also, is there a more correct way to refer to 2e 'new' mage?
>>
>>52640940
Its just the 2e core. There is no correct way, they ruined the naming by changing it like 10 times.
>>
>>52640952
>oWoD nWoD
>OWoD CofD

Same fucking thing. No one gives a shit.
>>
>>52640890
She was this really annoying poster on rpg.net when Beast leaked. She was so bad that they banned her from talking about Beast, on rpg.net. It takes some skill to be banned when you agree with the mods there.
>>
>>52640952
Thank you.
>>
>>52631841
I want to know what the fuck is going on in that image, honestly.
>>
>>52640282
A very delusional changeling that's loyal to the True Fae. Certainly could work.
>>
>>52636065
>I could put together a way better mix of goth/cold wave music if anybody's interested. Not sure where I'd post it though.

Do it. I'm not nearly /mu/ enough to know if your taste is honestly any better but hey, why the fuck not?
>>
>>52640940
ascension is owod, so anything awkening is new wod aka cod
>>
>>52640940
Most of the fluff hasn't changed so the Order books should still be ok (with the exception of the free council due to vulgar/subtle no longer being a thing), Sanctum and Sigil, etc.

The spells will no longer be valid but you can use them to help design new ones that work with the reach system.
>>
>>52641011
I think it's about the Idigams. Big nasty alien spirits that were imprisoned on the moon by papa wolf that mankind unleashed accidentally/deliberately after the moon landings.
>>
>>52640991

She was also the author of this, if I recall correctly:

Actually, someone else pointed out some really, really interesting things from Melanie's stat block. First off, she has Integrity 3. That doesn't mean anything itself, but then look at her Social skills, and we get "Empathy (Finding Insecurities) 3." Her character write-up doesn't say, but from that, it sounds a hell of a lot like she was already exactly the sort of bully you'd expect to become a Hero. That doesn't mean she deserves what happened to her, but it strongly suggests that, yes, there is a certain sort that becomes Heroes beyond just "low Integrity" and Melanie was one of them, rather than having it forced on her by that nasty Beast when she'd never done anything wrong.

And got banned from rpg.net for harassing people on social media.

https://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-768371.html
>>
>>52641239
>due to vulgar/subtle no longer being a thing
woah
>>
>>52641335

source of the quote:
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/beast-the-primordial/
>>
File: 1488552430584.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488552430584.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>52630196
Neckbeards that enjoy vamp are so used to be failures in every facet of their lives that they rise from their wheely chairs in air clawing rage whenever they are reminded mages are the chads of their little fantasy manbaby game.
>>
>>52641335
Ah, yeah I remember that bit. As part of a larger piece of fucking awful where people were literally dissecting a statblock that represented a fucking comatose young girl so they could find reasons to say that she deserved what happened to her.
>>
>>52640329
Just wear a burka.
>>
File: 1464148043670.png (162KB, 992x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1464148043670.png
162KB, 992x1787px
>>52641352
>“My bad,” said Antonio. Eve said nothing. Antonio didn’t wait for acknowledgement, he just turned and went back to his game.
Eve reached out and grabbed him by the hair. She pulled, using only a fraction of her true strength, and yanked him backwards into her arms. If we were in the ocean, she thought, I could crush him. I could eat his skin and liquefy his flesh in my mouth, and drink him slowly. The thought appealed, and started to call her home.

I wish it was 300 pages of vore references
>>
>>52638541
Someone's never witnessed the autism that goes on the masquerade forums.
>>
File: 1479333264871.jpg (131KB, 652x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479333264871.jpg
131KB, 652x1024px
>>52638707
This neckbeard is troubled to the point of tears by hearing about mages having a good time.
>>
File: 1476803534451.jpg (214KB, 1856x887px) Image search: [Google]
1476803534451.jpg
214KB, 1856x887px
>>52638470
I wouldn't so so sure that there's a perfect 20% split among all the paths.

Seems like there would innately be more Thyrsus and Obrimos than any others.
>>
>>52641597
There is indeed a 20% split.
>>
>>52640282
If you wanna keep him in a manipulator role, and feel comfortable revealing a true fay...
>>
>>52641597
>>52641807
There's about a 18-22% split among the Paths according to DaveB.

So yes, it is quite even.
>>
>>52641379
I thought it was sad no one responded to your bait so here
have a You
>>
>>52638470
Prime doesn't work against abyssal shenanigans. Good luck contacting/convincing an abyssal entity to work for you if you're any other splat.
>>
>>52641853
Another example of Mage antagonists being the only reliable threats against mages.
You're only going to make non-Mage players angry.

I'm also fairly certain that it's only the very specific purviews of Prime that can't affect Abyssal whatnot, the 'truth' category being the biggest one.
>>
>>52641839
Not to mention all the other mages that took Prime as their third Ruling Arcanum, and the others that invested in it for their own purposes.

Not a single Arcanum is uncommon by any means.
>>
File: HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522.jpg (67KB, 780x477px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522.jpg
67KB, 780x477px
>>52641597
>secret policy favoring the elite
>secret policy
>secret
>>
>>52637591

Geist suffered from being made before they used the kickstarter model.
>>
>>52637527
>Seers are presented as a top-level option for a game
Fucking why?
>>
>>52642064
I still don't fully get the geist shtick.

You're a dude that died but made a deal with some powerful undead entity for another shot at life? But the ghost is like evil and will make you do bad things?
>>
>>52641845
Your bait won't go unbitten either, upset vampbeard
>>
>>52641807
>>52641839
Maybe in the fapfiction, but most mage players want to lolfireball or be qt thrysus.

Obrimos need to put out on the first date because they are a dime a dozen cheap whore.
>>
>>52636102
Not him. But I tried.

I mean, my playlist doesn't consist of entirely of goth shit either though. Idk. Maybe that's not vampire enough.

Malkavian: https://youtu.be/uZ_XXbpTwJQ

Tremere: https://youtu.be/OL-NVZ6FQMI

Nosferatu: https://youtu.be/A8rpm0Eue-o

Toreador: https://youtu.be/BNMuGfCUKXw

Gangrel: https://youtu.be/zoqH9irCn3o

Brujah: https://youtu.be/OL8IYeErHHY

Ravnos: https://youtu.be/jlF9350vGtg

Followers of Set: https://youtu.be/gaUthm9RQWg

Giovanni: https://youtu.be/pn88fmygXuc

Tzimisce: https://youtu.be/IfqIjQbn5TM

Lasombra: https://youtu.be/eyg9g7VcVZY

Ventrue: https://youtu.be/nfef5WqC85A
>>
>>52641335

What a fucking shithole RPGnet is. They dance around shit and blither for five fucking pages on this shit like everyone's on eggshells.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?768389-Nezumi-chan-and-End-Transmission-s-permanent-bans

>>52642099

The geist has it's wants and you can give it some or all of them to allow for a better working relationship.
>>
>>52642337
Is it something like they're attracted to the way you died and expect you to do more of it?
>>
Interesting fact I noted: the Silver Ladder book mentions the hypocrisy inherent in the Free Council's dedication to democracy, in that the libertines still wouldn't let Sleepers vote on anything. And that system sounded, to me, like the vanguard party of a Marxist-Leninist government. So now I want to play a dedicated Communist mage.
>>
>>52642763

Basically, or something along those lines. So in the case of a car accident you could do a near-miss which might make it happy.

>>52643222

Which is bullshit because the difference between a sleeper and mage is a fundamental state of being.
>>
>>52643411
I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the Ladder... mostly just that I think that it'd be a lot of fun to play a hardcore revolutionary at home with both political/occult social engineering and Seer-bashing.
>>
File: ninaapproves.gif (2MB, 326x235px) Image search: [Google]
ninaapproves.gif
2MB, 326x235px
>>52641040
See
>>52637533
>>52638047
>>52638454

>>52642292
5/12 solid effort, Dark Day track is probably more Malky than Lasombra-y imo
>>
>>52630410
I've never ran into anything remotely similar but inciting a riot might be an easy way to have open warfare.
>>
>>52643747
This is my preferred Setite song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k
>>
>>52636523
They were a damn good min maxer though.
>>
>>52643848
Probably a better pick for them true.
Honestly I didn't think about it too hard and just chose something semi at random that I tagged as ambient. I considered Sombre Reptiles by Brian Eno but thought it was a bit too easy.
>>
>>52637591
>>52642099

Geist will hopefully get more attention when 2e arrives. It seems to have a lot more focus with the writer they've gotten for it. He's said it will be the most changed gameline from 1e to 2e, with the spoilers from last year supporting it.
>>
What are some spirits that would hang out around where Belial's Brood conduct their business? I'm thinking death, blood, fear, and pain.
>>
>>52643222
The Free Council love democracy because it means thet don't need to have any actual power.

"Lets vote, oh hey I have the most Order members and the most votes... what do you mean that's unfair desu?"
>>
>>52644294
Edge
The color black
Rap metal
>>
>>52642292

Actual Malk anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0tObCDgic
>>
>>52644718
So the wrestler?
>>
>>52645022
I think he meant the dude from U2
>>
How much of a redflag is it to start a character with 5 dots in Generation and no other Backgrounds dots?
>>
>>52642292

>Brujah, Ravnos and Ventrue songs

Why the fuck would you use those songs for those clans?
>>
File: edge.gif (649KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
edge.gif
649KB, 350x197px
>>52645022
>>
>>52645131
Well, it's fairly blatantly the best option from a purely mechanical standpoint, so the player isn't necessarily That Guy, but you should examine the character and the player's reasons for creating them closely.
>>
What happens if you look at the physical form of an archmage with death attuned mage sight?

They'd appear to be soulless right? Since their soul/gnosis is now their golden road.
>>
>>52628499
>World of Darkness thread

>Uses artwork from The Warriors
>>
Is blood magic (Cruac Theban etc) a good counter against Mages?

What about old World of Darkness like the Tremere and other blood magic users?
>>
>>52645255
They don't operate on the same level field.
>>
>>52645255
True magic (specifically the arcana of Prime) is generally leagues more powerful and versatile.

It's very much the same in OWoD.

That said nothing stopping your GM letting magic from other splats be more potent if it helps facilitate the story.
>>
>>52645161
Is it though?
I mean the character has no money, no haven, has no established mortals to feed from and protect him during the day and is either completely new to vampire society or the city in question.

Seems like just even feeding and suriving the day would be a challenge of its own unless the ST lets you spend the first few sessions just establishing yourself.

It's definitely the option with the highest eventual power potential, but I don't think that necessarily makes it the best, especially if you are playing with a ST that's actually willing to have your characters die before they reach their end state.
>>
>>52645255
>>52645287
Jesus Christ just don't
>>
>>52645332
Ummm, don't do what now?
>>
>>52645131
Depends. You could technically be a vampire who refused to play the game and just "dug a well" in the middle of nowhere where spent centuries. You'd also be incredibly disadvantaged, though.
>>
>>52645350
nvm
>puts on the helmet and hides in the bunker
>>
>>52643747
I think so too. I tried to go outside my usual genres for stuff, but I'm not much of a playlist dude. I also don't have too much of a problem with the succubus club album.

>>52644998
No argument there. I like it.

>>52645139
Look, bro, I like rap music. Ok? Maybe I don't associate solely twinkly fairy goth bullshit with the the wod. Maybe most of my Brujah are angry black dudes instead of leather-clad mohawk having lost boy homo wannabes. You wanna fight me over it?
>>
>>52645131
>no other Backgrounds dots
Visible from space. No consideration for how the character would sleep, hide, or feed.
>>
>>52645383
Also he looks delicious for other vamps
>>
New thread.

>>52645401
>>
File: gangrel_by_justbast-d59ggjl.jpg (232KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
gangrel_by_justbast-d59ggjl.jpg
232KB, 508x800px
>>52645374

>Maybe I don't associate solely twinkly fairy goth bullshit with the the wod

Oh shut up you little cunt, you were most likely barely even born back when WoD was in its primacy. Pretending that goth music is all about twinkshits is retarded.

>Maybe most of my Brujah are angry black dudes

Ah, so they're idiots, easily led by literally anyone around them. Good to know.

>You wanna fight me over it?

What is this, kindergarten now? Can't handle your shitty tastes being called out for what they are?
>>
>>52645459
There's no pretending. Goth was estrogen draped in black and leather until Type O Negative came and made it less faggy.

Stay mad, homo.
>>
>>52645319
Eh, they can just spend freebie points on that.
>>
>>52646000
Shelby?
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.