[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 75

File: 1464753483525.jpg (201KB, 992x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1464753483525.jpg
201KB, 992x1053px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52479179
>Longweapons.sklsft
>GAS_LEAK_IDENTIFIED_AS_200_SEVEN-7_GRENADES__KE_SEARCHES_FOR_TERRORIST.news
>Armorer_Seattle.mapsft
>ABC_Weapons_And_How_To_Acquire_Them.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 353 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, got a container full of AK-97s here. Unmarked with empty magazines. You want some?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running RootyTootyPointAndShooty.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Getting Armed Edition
Where do you get your weapons from? What kind of weapon do you like the most? Do you have a single modded gun or dozens that you discard after every run?
>>
Any fixers looking got jobs available?
>>
>>52552254
why is it you shouldn't cut a deal with a dragon?
>>
>>52552861
They gonna eat chu
>>
File: Rashid-SFV-Revealed[1].jpg (181KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Rashid-SFV-Revealed[1].jpg
181KB, 600x338px
I want to create a Phys Ad thats basically RAASHEEEDOOOOO, whats Saudi Arabia up to in the Shadowrun world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGrSt5wyQVE
>>
>>52552861
They will use you until you outlive your usefulness, and then they will make you die
>>
File: tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo3_1280.gif (620KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo3_1280.gif
620KB, 581x800px
Are there any rules for Deckers interfering with cyberware?

Could a Decker hack into a pair of cybereyes and induce visual halucinations?
>>
>>52552941
As long as he has hacked the PAN and gotten enough marks on the cyberware, sure
>>
>>52552941
I don't know of rules but I remember an example of a decker making a false flag in an opponent's titinium bone lacing making his internal system think that he had broken his legs causing him to waste a dosage of pain killers. I think I saw in core5.
>>
File: c7d44638d0ef7ac6.jpg (169KB, 512x700px) Image search: [Google]
c7d44638d0ef7ac6.jpg
169KB, 512x700px
>>52552861
Dragons are apex predators. They've been alive for a very long time, and have no reason to believe that they will not continue to do so, barring things like Horrors fucking things up. This means that they can think and operate in the extreme long term, so their plans do not need to take your goodwill or safety into account. In the best case you'll be dead in a couple of decades so why even bother being nice to you or keep you alive once you've finished your task?

Dragons also have enemies. If those enemies happen to learn that you've done something that benefits that dragon, they may assume that you A) know something they want to, B) have something they might want, or C) are competent enough to become a threat.

In some ways it's actually to the dragon's best interest to force his opponents to direct their attention towards you, as it may reveal the opponent's capabilities and knowledge or even force them to overcommit resources that could better be used elsewhere.
>>52552941
Edit File is the commonly accepted method for shenanigans like that.
>>
>>52553012
>>52553034
>>52553041
Thanks for the answers /srg/!
>>
So I am planning on running my first game of shadow run soon and would appreciate any advice. Will only have a party of two so I was wondering how you might advise handling that. Furthermore, I am trying to decide whether to set the campaign in Marseille or in Texas. In Marseille I can incorporate Italian mafia, Arab gangs and various mega corps, whereas Texas allows for Aztechnology and the NAN as well as a more wilderness/frontier feel like the old west, compared to Marseilles more purely urban atmosphere. What would you advise. Thinking of starting the game with the introductory module foo fighters as the players are new to the setting.
>>
>>52553389
FOOD
FIGHT
>>
>>52553414
Whoops, got a bit mixed up there. Yes, food fighters. So what advice might you have?
>>
File: heatstreet.gif (796KB, 347x266px) Image search: [Google]
heatstreet.gif
796KB, 347x266px
>mfw want to have the team do a classic loud bank robbery
>mfw can't think of a reason why they would A: need to carry out cash in duffell bags instead of just getting some credsticks or hacking the system
>and B: have it go loud so I can recreate Heat for them, since they're autisticly good at stealth jobs
>>
>>52553540
Draw something better than the map provided by CGL, i for instance went and got inspiration from actual fast food joints

>>52553579
A: The bank is required to hold a set amount of cash stored for withdrawal in multiple credsticks with a max nuyen value of X because of cyber-security reasons. Having them on a single credstick would risk an individual just stealing it and nobody could steal a bunch of low-balance credsticks discreetly, right?

B: Look at any hole the team might've left unplugged. Do they have someone who could get caught by astral overwatch? What about matrix overwatch? Maybe some of them have tracking tags on them because they all forgot to buy a bug scanner and it sets off an alarm, or maybe a decker working against the group sets them up and activates the alarm during a crucial moment.
>>
Have you ever made a character who has actually purchased biosculpting treatments, cosmetic surgery or major redesign cyber/bioware in-universe, because of the character's own personality and not just because it fit your meta vision for the character?
Hard mode: "Cool" cyberware, like pimped-out cyberskulls or shotgun arms, don't count - it has to be taken for another purpose than intimidation.

I've noticed that for a system with as advanced surgery and biosculpting as Shadowrun, it barely if ever comes up, and when it does get used rule-wise, it's to crunch up some homebrew, GM fiat or SURGE abomination.
So far, the most likely reason I can think of is that people feel it lessens the "coolness" or "authenticity" of a character to have them take an intentional decision to become how they are - it's the same reason one rarely sees characters intentionally training to become physically strong, or just cramming magical studies for years and years to become good mages, without some kind of massive coincidence to get them into it in a "cool" way.
>>
>>52553763
One of my players did make a transgender tranself vampire actress once, she had a bunch of cosmetic ware like a full sex change
>>
>>52553779
The beautiful thing about trans characters in Shadowrun is that they don't have an excuse to turn into propaganda dispensers or martyr fantasies.
When you can literally save up for just a few months and get a full sex change, it forces the player to focus on what comes afterwards, not on how hard the process is for the pla - er, the PC.
The fact that it's easy, cheap, fast and effective in Shadowrun means that the discrimination card can't be drawn unless the player explicitly disregards most of the setting - you get the surgery and slot a personafix, and there are no issues at all.
This turns gender change from a martyr button/pity card to an earnest psychosexual choice for a character, which can be used to add conflicts and character elements.
Why they chose it, how they deal with it and who thinks what about it can be dealt with without all the answers being drawn into the maelstrom of discrimination accusations - just like it was intended when it was originally put into the game in the CP2020 days.
When you look at it closely, it's just another form of cyberware/bioware shenanigans, opening up similar themes of the value of self, the mechanics of identity, the demand for attractiveness and the dissolution of the individual into a long list of potential purchases - and it could have stayed like that if it wasn't for the Me Generation.
>>
>>52553916
Those are all themes i would like to perhaps explore with a heavily augmented character, instead of the age old "am i still humman" question.

I think one interesting thing to do would be to get cosmetic ware piece by piece over the course of a campaign, dialing it up slowly. Like, has anyone ever done that sex change/personasoft combo in between runs (with proper build-up to the decision)? How would that affect relationships?
>>
>>52554206
And that's what we might never know, because a mixture of backlash against shrill diagnosis culture and maladjusted anger at other people's preferences has ensured that it's considered "magical realm".
It's an interesting way to approach an old genre and a fount of character development and roleplaying opportunities, but there'll always be that one guy who has to call you a rapist and a Tumblrina because you're playing a character whose preferences and opinions aren't 100% identical to yours (or his).
>>
>>52552254
>arms dealer.jpg
>>
>>52554609
Yeah, that can be a challenge with some people, but i try to keep an open mind since the people i usually play are fairly rational about these things when it comes to storytelling.

That said, if someone has a problem with the character they can always confront each other in-character, maybe have a mexican standoff while they're at it.

I remember one time i insulted another character in-character so hard apparently that the player got salty.
>>
>>52554773
*play with

I ain't no hustler
>>
File: 1491239091600.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1491239091600.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>52553389
>the introductory module foo fighters

>the oldest living band, the foo fighters, are in seattle for a one-night-only show
>a cult of cannibals is determined to bring their leader the flesh of dave grohl to fulfill a prophecy and let them all transcend to the next plane
>the band's manager is too cheap to hire a real security team, so our runners are hired to protect the band during the stage

I'd play this
>>
File: nekoxgQK7q1r0ofyj.png (70KB, 494x459px) Image search: [Google]
nekoxgQK7q1r0ofyj.png
70KB, 494x459px
>>52553916
It's definitely weird how sex-changes being a hassle-free and relatively affordable procedure changes the attitude to it in Shadowrun games. Our party's face once took some cosmetic procedures to disguise himself as the opposite sex for a deep-cover infiltration mission and took to it so much he decided to go full-hog, all with the nonchalance of buying a new car after taking one out for a spin.

>>52554892
>Part of the difficulty is also in making sure Dave Grohl constantly has fresh pots of coffee, lest he suddenly suffer sudden brain-death from withdrawal.
>>
>Sex changes will forever be cheap AF
>Your GM will never let you play a benis babe

why live, anons ;_;
>>
File: 1390260662086.jpg (701KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1390260662086.jpg
701KB, 1600x1200px
>Do you have a single modded gun or dozens that you discard after every run?
Our Sammy and Decker both have specific heavily modified guns that they treasure and cradle lovingly, whereas the rest of the group tend to pick up and throw away cheap guns all the time, and the difference in attitude has caused some minor conflicts along the way. The party mage once snagged a rare shotgun from a Yakuza Lieutenant and dumped it into a septic tank after it was used, and I swear the sammy was close to tears when she returned at a later date to rescue (and clean) the shotgun for herself.

Not to mention the amount of times the Face has said something along 'they're just guns' only for the Decker to practically throw a tantrum over how unique and mechanically inovative his Boeing Nemesis is.
>>
>>52555247
Most of these make me want to kill myself, but the P90 AK is alright.
>>
>>52555213
I'll give you a completely serious reply.
Because no matter how many roleplaying opportunities there are in being more true to the fluff when it comes to biosculpting and the like, they're all blown away when you start getting sexually aroused by a character.
Could you really play a character who's made to be arousing and attractive to you in particular in a neutral, constructive way?
Could you let them be made fun of, fail and be honestly flawed?
Could you let them have situations in which they honestly fail to be attractive, sexy or charming, with no chance to "get back" on whoever didn't think so?
Could you make them more than just the fetish that you cram into them, capable of acting for multiple sessions completely independently of it if the situation requires?
Are you ready to match the content to the genre, not trying to bring in "cute" or "sexy" bits because you want them to happen?
Could you let their personal choice be explored and questioned, and could you let other NPCs or players laugh at or criticize it?
Could you let them have opinions and tastes which you disagree with and can let them be justifiedly blamed for?
And most importantly, could you do all of these things while never, ever shoving in people's faces that she has a dick, not even telling them if it doesn't come up?
The thing is that fetishes and sexual preferences are often tied to emotions and opinions at a very deep level. That's why people get spergy when their fetishes come into play.
>>
>>52555499
Not him but i've had a few positive experiences with this

In one game i played a decker and through some cyber-sleuthing found out that the party gunbunny had a huge veiny secret at belt level. That was the first time it came up and created a weird dynamic between the characters since the decker was the only one out of the party who knew it.

Another time i made a physad wrestler amazon orc chick admittedly as a fetish character, but through anger issues and alcoholism she turned out to be a really interesting vehicle for a narrative on what strength means to a person.
>>
>>52555499
>I now understand why furries are exponentially more cancerous than other players when you let them play murry purries

thank you anon
>>
File: 1357204654382.jpg (358KB, 781x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1357204654382.jpg
358KB, 781x1127px
>>52552941
>>52553053
anymore of these? I really like sophisticated/futuristic armors.

>>52555247
both
I've got a tendency to loot the bodies of their weapons and stock pile them for later disposable usage.
>ares alpha
>2 yamaha raidens
>an aztech striker
>a krime boss
>6 remington roomsweepers
>4 rainforest carbines

it will be funny when ballistics from a crime scene leads the investigators to a drug lord's dead henchmen.

Never use your own personal every day carry gun for a crime unless you plan on altering it afterwards.
>>
>>52555499
>Play exclusively females when I play text games
>All of them have had benises in my mind

>Nobody has ever known
:^^^)
>>
File: tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo2_1280.gif (345KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo2_1280.gif
345KB, 581x800px
>>52555731
I've only got three more but I'll poste 'em anyway because I'm a slut for fancy armor mechanisms.
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
I fucked up, /srg/.

We got hired onboard for a job to infiltrate some fancy fundraiser dinner and identify the corporate and criminal connections of Mr. Johnson's political rival before the upcoming elections over in Miami.

Part of our plan involved my character (the team's face and infiltrator) fabricating an entire false identity and seducing the daughter of one of the the Cuban mafia's underbosses so she'd take me to the party as her date. We pulled the long con for this one. I schmoozed this mob moll for four weeks. It was the perfect in. The run went great. The date went great.

My attempts to move on after the fact have not been going great.

She's kind of clingy and her dad likes me. In fact, he made me a made man and everything. The connections are real useful to have, but I can't live this lie forever. I'm not a roguish ex-company man, I'm a career con man and I'm not even Cuban. Someone's going to find out eventually.

She asked if I've ever considered settling down and having kids, /srg/.

I can't keep this up for much longer.
>>
>>52555621
That's completely fine, then. It's not that there aren't people who can keep rational, creative and mature when they're playing a character who's also their fetish, but that there are so many people who don't understand what tends to slip when you do and thus sperg up everything.
What I listed is what I feel is necessary for a character who includes either an element that's your fetish, or a major element that's a relatively common fetish for other people.
>Allow your character to be flawed in any and all ways.
>Allow your character to fail, even in being sexy or attractive, with no take-backs and no revenge. Sometimes you fuck up.
>Make a character that functions as a character even when their fetishy elements are pulled out of them. Not just in a fight - for potentially multiple sessions. If your character can't be played without their gimmick, they're more gimmick than character and you should get your dick back in your pants.
>Remember that you're obliged to make your character interact constructively with the setting and match the genre. Don't add anything that breaks the mood or prevents your character from interacting with the setting.
>Make them distinct from you to prevent bleed and over-investment, and do it properly. Give them a preference that you think is just gross, or an opinion you think is blatantly wrong, and make it an influential but not central part of their character.
And of course, if the other players can't ignore your character's fetish content without having you bring it in on your own, you should show yourself to at least be able to shut it down for a few sessions.
>>
>>52555777
Go full Kira, fuck her and then stage your own death.
>>
File: tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo4_1280.gif (498KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo4_1280.gif
498KB, 581x800px
>>52555775

>>52555777
Shadowrunners are all about making shit disappear inconspicuously. Plant some C4 in your Face's car and tell the underboss someone was trying to assassinate him via carbomb and the face unintentionally set it off early, or something.
>>
>>52555775
>>52555824
thanks for the armor dump.

now i'm curious about the design of said armor. Does the mouth actually function or is it just for show?

>i...never really care for mouths on helmets/masks
>>
File: tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo5_1280.gif (717KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo5_1280.gif
717KB, 581x800px
>>52555824
I should clarify, I'm suggesting you *fake* the face's death. Actually killing him would solve the problem for sure, but it's also kind of inconvenient for the face.
>>
>>52555824
>>52555775
>>52553053
>>52552941
These all really remind me of Destiny.
>>
File: tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo6_1280.gif (690KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onfe5oBWlK1tb8cbpo6_1280.gif
690KB, 581x800px
>>52555849
And that's all of them.
>>52555845
It's been a few weeks since I saved the imageset, but as far as I know they don't have any fluff behind them and are just the artist having fun with some sci-fi mechanisms, so wether or not the teeth are functional is up to your interpretation.
>>
>>52555873
I do like the sci fi mechanisms, but the more organic ones might make me "woah" internally a little bit. Especially the last one.
>>
>>52555809
As an addendum:
>Fit the content to the setting. If you can't do it, you can't do it. If you can only do it one way, you do it that one way. If your dick can't wait, it's deciding too much of the character.
>Think up, explain and rationalize the character according to in-setting norms, technology and concepts. It gives you a built-in link to the setting and lessens the uncanniness that can otherwise be a threat.
As a forever-GM of seven years, I would allow almost all fetish characters if they fulfilled these criteria - I think they're basic criteria for any character, and the need for a sanity leash is greater when you're dealing with people's libidoes.
If you check all the boxes and still have a bad character, you either have one hell of a fetish or just a character concept that can't be saved.
>>
File: 1443073341482.jpg (16KB, 318x263px) Image search: [Google]
1443073341482.jpg
16KB, 318x263px
>>52556020
Good shit, my man
>>
>>52556043
Being a grognard and a perfectionist might have done a number on my heart and my lungs, but at least it means I feel like paying attention to these kinds of things.

Of course, no matter how good something is, it doesn't matter if it isn't being used, so I encourage everyone here to give creating a fetishy/potentially-fetishy-to-someone-at-the-table character according to those criteria a spin and post it here.
It'll help me find out if I went wrong anywhere, and on top of that I'd be happy if I managed to help someone play the character they always wanted in a way that doesn't inconvenience anyone.
>>
>>52556139
Are you volunteering to GM Anon?
>>
>>52556286
I have a few games on my schedule, but as long as there's a clear deadline and not too much messing around, I actually think I can do it.
Tell you what. You post your ideas here, and if I can fill out a group with that, I'll put up my mail address, free times and shit like that so we can run the original Food Fight in 5e as a one-shot at first.
If that doesn't work, we've learnt something. If it does work, the game might start rolling.

The reason I don't just post my mail straight away is that I also want the rest of the thread's reactions - just sending it in a mail isn't going to start anything constructive.
>>
>>52556425
Does it NEED to be fetish? Or can we just play a relatively normal character?
>>
File: 1423777546665.jpg (307KB, 696x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1423777546665.jpg
307KB, 696x1100px
>>52556020
>>52555809
Honestly those are guidelines for characters regardless of being fetishy or not.
What this helps with his helping exteriorise the character and truly build something that is well rounded.

I require this of every one of my players and try my best to do the same with my characters, and it gives some very interestng results.

So yeah, this is really good advice.
>>
File: circumventing essence.jpg (711KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
circumventing essence.jpg
711KB, 1900x1000px
>>52556687
I wish this guy posted more art.
>>
>>52556625
I mainly want to try to encourage people to think about their characters in ways they usually don't or can't, but if a "special" character has nothing to bounce off, they just end up being bland because special characters need someone normal to define and contrast them.
If the characters that people come up with can't balance out each other's' weird points, I'll ask for normal suggestions in the thread when I post my mail.
I'm mainly just starved for actually using the Shadowrun setting for something that the fluff has been implying all the way since CP2020 but is rarely actually played.
>>52556687
That's exactly what I said. In the end, what matters is building a good character independent of the fetish, and that's relevant because a fetish doesn't make a character by itself. I decided to repeat some pretty basic things because they apply to all characters with something "special" about them.
>>
>>52556724
Actually, how does Shadowrun handle exoskeletons.Do they somehow detract from essence? Could a paraplegic just get a sophisticated exoskeleton and keep all his essence?

Or do they just ignore it and never even mention it?
>>
File: 1487208484444.jpg (153KB, 700x859px) Image search: [Google]
1487208484444.jpg
153KB, 700x859px
>>52556817
They don't exist in SR5e, they were a thing in 4e.

It's alluded that they're part of milspec armor and the likes but there's no "statline" for them.

Personnally I homebrewed my own for the next game I'll run.
>>
>>52556817
i've seen no mention of exoskeletons in the actual game. Or power armor.

>yet I can play an AI that uses a construction drone as a body strong enough to flip cars.
>>
>>52556888
>>52556862
I guess it's pretty obvious why they haven't ever brought them up. Seems pretty glaring now that I think about it though.
>>
>>52556732
Don't suppose you'd be willing to do the talking over Discord or something? Concepts I'd be interested in would be recognized by a few friends who browse the threads, and it'd probably be better to avoid that issue.
>>
File: 1386480123562.jpg (665KB, 900x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1386480123562.jpg
665KB, 900x1030px
>>52556949
yeah, who wants to be able to make a human able to tackle a troll and NOT die? Definitely doesn't make sense in a world with drones and 9 feet tall meat mountains. I mean, who really would want to close that gap?
>I dont have enough sarcasm and vitrole for the lack of power armor/ exoskeletons
>>
>>52557184
More than that, mages could just wear exoskeletons and not have to worry about essence but be as beefy as any streetsam.
>>
>>52557198
Stats =/= skill.

A mage can have 8 STR from his exoskeleton, doesn't mean he'll be able to punch has good as a streetsam.

Also I mean, could just make exoskeletons require DNI, so a datajack.
>>
>>52553763
My current character is an ex-socialite, so he has bullshit like Clean Metabolism, biosculpting, and metatype modification at chargen.
Min-maxing ruins my immersion. Besides it's easy to min max, it's more challenging to make an interesting character while still being playable.
>>
>>52557198
i would like if the suit just put a cap on initiative or something. You know, servos being slow and not trying to snap you in half and all that shit.

seriously. exoskeletons/power armor would let a normal douchebag take on a troll 1v1 and expect to survive if its just a normal guy. If a troll is in power armor its a whoooole other story.

>power armor should be on par with cyber/bioware
>they do not stack easily.
>>
>>52557548
>>52557184
What about something like this ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zy978mTwAbYjZx-JNpGpBHwLfdPDANsM4AgCcfyILVM/edit?usp=sharing

The alternative is doing it the 4e way and having them be like drones.
>>
>>52557076
To be honest, that would kind of defeat the purpose. It confines the discussion to two people who both have a vested interest in the character, and it defeats the whole purpose of building a nuanced character that just so has a fetish involved instead of an ERP character if you still have to be ashamed of it.
If you have the kind of friends who'd care a whit, you should go look for others. I cannot humanly stress this enough. Either your friends don't actually care and you're being rude to them by thinking they do, or they do care and you shouldn't be around people who dictate your posts on an anonymous message board.
>>
>>52557605
that's basically the exoskelly from elysium
>>
>>52557658
DESU I don't even want fetish shit, I just want to have a game that doesn't explode. If playing fetish stuff is the only way I can get that, then I can try?

And it's less them caring much and more me not wanting to deal with the shitposting it might start.
>>
>>52556862
I would love to see your homebrew for exoskeletons.
>>52557605
The problem i have with this is that it fucks over sams and all their investments while for adepts it would only cost them 1 magic and fits perfectly with their investments.
>>
>>52557675
Reminds me more of the stuff from Advanced Warfare. The Elysium stuff is bolted on and apparently requires internal modification to use.
>>
File: 1486522529043.jpg (134KB, 751x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1486522529043.jpg
134KB, 751x1064px
>>52557847
See for adepts I've been doing some research.
One way I could tweak it is that exoskeletons require constant interaction between the ware and the jack meaning that it disrupts the manaflow.

Or that it's simply not compatible with magically-enhanced ability scores because the suit's software doesn't understand that.
>>
>>52557850
This might be a nice work around to the problem of sams and adepts. Having an exoscelton requires a datajack and personalization to your currect strength/agility ect. That way both have to pay to fully benifit from it.
>>
>>52557944
You could just have it take up essence itself or make it harder to take off. So it's not something most people are comfortable getting unless they want to wear big trenchcoats everywhere to hide the fact they have it on.
>>
>>52557198
chummer, the only real exoskeleton in 4e (Iron Will) reduced your AGI to 1
And the servo motors in the MilSpec armor increased your armor, but were very expensive.
>>
What's the limit on how high a sensor's rating is on the sensor array?

Like, if i have a vehicle with a sensor array, do i get to have them all at 7?
>>
>>52558071
Whoops forgot
>increased your armor AND Attributes
>>
>>52557850
I've always wanted a RPG where combat has movement like in that game. Jumping 20 feet up to cover while raining bullets down on people. Frickin' awesome.
>>
File: Corps.png (12KB, 568x261px) Image search: [Google]
Corps.png
12KB, 568x261px
So I'm using the wiki to try to determine what the "spheres of influence" are for each megacorp, just so I can properly assign things when designing runs. Hit a few snags, however. EVO, NeoNET, and Horizon aren't "ranked" (There are holes at #2, #6, and #10.)

Also: What the fuck does Shiawase do?
>>
>>52558828
EVO Also makes metatype specific goods. Stuff like furniture, clothes, and tools designed specifically for non-human bodies.

They also have significant aerospace investments.
>>
>>52558828
Check the Corporate Guide from 4e and the Corporate Download from 3e
>>
>>52558828
Shiawise does literally everything.
They specialize in genetech and ware, though only in that they are #1 in that department not that they are particularly oriented towards it like NeoNET is for the matrix. Kind of like monsanto but for people AND plants.

They also make weapons, decks, do some heavy industry, and control lots of agriculture.
It ain't called the MegaCorp that does Everythingâ„¢ for nothing.
>>
>>52557997
>>52557985
I guess there is something of a line between an exo suit and an exoskeleton.

The exoskeleton could be a lot cheaper to personalize for your existing atributes then the exosuit because its directly connected to you.

Man this makes me want to homebrew. I might come back later and try to add and impove that exosuit homebrew that anon posted
>>
>>52559273
I'd be excited to see that, but it would fit perfectly into a Corp Runner game I'm planning.
>>
>>52557307
But stats > skill, since stats have a much higher potential range so by wearing said exoskeleton, a mage could invest a token skill point in the melee skill of choice and be able to go to town in melee. Not that their aren't ways to make melee mages already, but that would make it to easy. Plus why would anyone make an exoskeleton, as for any legitimate purpose you can just get a drone, or hire a troll if you need a human touch.
>>
>>52553053
>>52555873
>>52555824
>>52555849

These scary armors are all full of prime wife material, aren't they?
>>
File: 1487207971214.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487207971214.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>52560711
With the power of imagination, ANY form-concealing armor can be full of prime wife material!
>>
>>52553579

A: not just cash, but valuables in safe-deposit boxes?

B: the bank has a button connected to a hardline that runs across the street to a transmitter disguised as something common. Also, the bank is testing a new kind of tracker (scent based?) that the runners aren't prepared for.

C: It's a set-up, and even if the runners find all the security measures, Mr Johnson sounds the alarm because the bank job was planned as a demo for the new security systems, and he can't afford to have it look bad in front of the investors/potential buyers.
>>
>>52556888
>yet I can play an AI that uses a construction drone as a body strong enough to flip cars.

How much strength does that take, exactly.
>>
File: 1486873305316.jpg (624KB, 1024x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1486873305316.jpg
624KB, 1024x1480px
>>52560814
>A: not just cash, but valuables in safe-deposit boxes?
Expanding on this: Data-Vaults.
>Information is too sensitive to be left unsecured but too valuable to be destroyed
>Data-vault stores the information on an encrypted drives (the sort of hardcore encryption that takes a long, long time to sort out) without any wireless capabilities, and can only be accessed directly via datajack
>When not in use, the drives locked away in storage-units of varing sizes, ranging from drawer-sized deposit boxes for datachips and portable drives to low-temperature rooms of fridge-sized storage-arays containing thousands of petapulses of information for AA megacorps and the like
>Along with standard security measures, almost all the storage units have some kind of time-lock hardwired in, requiring the user to wait two minutes after inputting authentification-keys before the encrypted information can be accessed, usually broadcasting some kind of 'hey fuckers this unit's being accessed' signal
Break in, find the required information, wipe it of RFIDs and take it somewhere your decker can decrypt it in peace.
>>
Campaign idea: Street level in the same vein as GTA san andreas.
>>
>>52561120
well, the one is slow and described as "ork size" and it comes with strength 8. Also it has been on the market for 30 years and only 10 percent are even able to be used wirelessly. I think it'd be cool to make an AI that lives in a commlink that is just wired into the drone and controls it that way.
>>
>>52553579
Why have them carry cash? Other shit's used, like gold, omae. But this is shadowrun, why not something even more expensive, like orchalium?
>>
>>52555213
>not getting 10 inches of cybercock
>>
>>52561763

Had to look it up.

A character can casually carry str*10kg. Lift str*15kg - above the head is str*5kg.

Not sure str8 could flip a car.
>>
In chummer its costing 15 karma to raise an attribute to 2 rather than 10. Is there a rule in character creation I'm missing here?
>>
File: Ruby Mars.pdf (61KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby Mars.pdf
61KB, 1x1px
Thoughts on this PC? Am I choosing the wrong hill to die on with her "gimmick"? She still has 15 karma and 7 knowledge skill points to spend.

Incomplete Deprogramming seems interesting but potentially debilitating to all fun since it can be activated by basically sneezing too hard. Think it could be reworked in such a way to keep the original feel but not ruin actual enjoyment?
>>
>>52562268

Points for dedication to the gimmick, although I feel like mute is something that's easy to work around with a datajack and a comlink.

One thing that has me confused though: Do you have both a ballistic shield AND a riot shield?

Dicepools are close enough to functional levels as well.
>>
>>52562268
12 is on the low end of a dicepool for a combat specialist's main weapon, and you're splitting it even further with dual-wielding. Using two guns at once is typically reserved for Adepts, since they're the only ones with a dicepool high enough that it can be split and still reliably hit enemies. If you're doing it as a sammy, you really want to beef up your agility score, get some smartlink-implants and maybe even a reflex-recorder to maximize your dicepool until you have a big enough pool to make splitting it a worthwhile risk.
>>
>>52562119
Can't reproduce it. Base stat of 1, no priority points spent on it or anything?
>>
>>52562342
No for some reason chummer has listed all possible limit additions on the front page, not ones that I actually added myself.

The mute thing was just a quirk she had at first. It could probably be removed from the crunch at this point.
>>
>>52562412
Just figured it out. Its the "Treat Metatype Minimum as 1 for Purposes of Determining Karma Cost" Houserule causing the issue. Couldn't tell you why.
>>
>>52562403
I know I could min/max her more completely, was hoping to more build to the character rather than max dice. I could also giver her full body rather than the form fitting to max out armor, and have her use AR's rather than machine pistols to max out damage. Her concept was a brainwashed, one time use hitman that would then be immediately discarded by her creators, they wouldnt dump a fortune of tech into her just to toss her into the recycler, what she has already is kinda pushing it in that regard.
>>
>>52562483
That would be because I am terrible at math and didn't test it properly originally.
>>
>>52553739
>>52560814
>>52561142
>>52561781
Thanks for the ideas, chummers. We'll see if I can pull this off.
>>
>tfw rules lawyer and playing 5e with people that have never played and a first time GM
>tfw GM insists rules he gets wrong are correct but wont look them up after I try to explain them after the game
This is going to be suffering
>>
>>52562742
Look them up yourself and show him the passage?
If he then decides to not follow that rule then it's his decision as a GM
>>
>>52561923
who knows. it says it can flip a car in the description in rigger five. Plus its a construction drone, so its probably stronger than a character.
>>
>>52562483
Should be fixed in the next build.
>>
>>52562945
Thanks, chummer. I'm building an Alchemist for my next one shot and I need all the minmaxing I can get my hands on.
>>
Regarding all that Exo-Skeleton talk,

Wouldn't it require maintenance, making it a money sink?

Wouldn't it render Stealth non-viable? Most of the posted ones seem bulky and obvious.

Couldn't they be destroyed/damage rather easily? It's usually on top and not normally armored, right?
>>
Anyone ever played in runnerhub or emerald grid?
>>
>>52563755
>maintenance/cost
it'd probably be pretty cheap. Look at car maintenance. It's entirely by how many miles you travel.

>stealth mode
You can be stealthy in anything. Distance/sound/line of sight are the main things of stealth. Those big suits obviously don't give a shit about stealth and focus on first strike abilities instead. The smaller ones could easily be used for stealth. The Really small ones you could probably hide easily under clothes.

>can it be destroyed/damaged
Anything can be damaged. Just don't get shot. If you do get shot, it'll probably just be YOU getting shot. If the armor loses power you'll just not be as strong.

>armored
its an exoskeleton, you can easily put armor on it, over it, or simply not give a shit.
>>
>>52563755
Exoskeletons using DNI should be able to be disabled via the Matrix, it should be their only counter outside destroying them or killing the user.

Balance-wise I think it makes sense to allow that.
>>
>>52564000
>DNI
>matrix
pick one
I'm pretty sure the exo wouldn't get a wireless bonus, so no matrix issue.
>>
>>52564023
The exo needs to be wired via a jack right, that's linked to a PAN via a commlink to access some features on it or just monitoring.

If you hack that PAN, you can hack the exo, just like a gun.
>>
>>52564053
or
you plug your data jack into the commlink, and plug the commlink into the exo, leaving wireless off the whole time. Or don't even use the commlink at all and just go from datajack to exo
>>
>>52563755
I've been homebrewing Exoskeletons a little because I thought it was a weird gap in the setting. I don't think Exoskeletons should be designed as Runner gear, but rather as anti-Runner gear. In the same way that and Cops huzz Jazz to keep up with Street Samurai initiative, they put on an Exoskeleton to match Samurai Strength and Agility. I imagine most Exoskeletons as a frame (Elysium style) that go over regular clothes, suits, armor, and use adapted Cyberware. They mostly provide raw AGI, STR, REA, and Initiative bonuses. In my vision, Users require a DNI to access the Initiative boosts of the Exoskeleton, so that you and the Skeleton in parallel.

I don't think they would be a significant maintenance cost, although initial costs are probably higher than Cyberware equivalents.

Stealth should be fine, because its not as if 5e Cyberlimbs make you sound like Robo-cop as you walk. Depending on how you envision Exoskeletons, your feet might be resting ontop of the "feet" of the Exoskeleton, so you'd be louder. Then again, there are no stealth penalties for having obvious cyberfeet and being barefoot.

Being damage and destroyed? Shadowrun doesn't really have rules for equipment destruction, but hacking them to disable functions is standard 5e possibility. Even your SHTF Exoskeletons need to be able to post on Ork Facebook, damn it.

Armored? In my vision they aren't armored because they are frames over the body, but you can acquire Exoskeletons built into Mil-spec Armor, like 4e. Otherwise, I'd say being able to armor them makes sense. How much? Maybe 15 Armor maximum to match 4 Cyberlimbs + Torso
>>
>>52564107
Sure, right. At this point why not run everyone wired and not have the Matrix at all.

Actually remove hacking as a mechanic.
>>
>>52564154
you have discovered why the decker hates my character so much. especially as his only ware is cyber eyes and datajack
>>
>>52564143
Actually I lied about the lack of Equipment Destruction rules. When I think damage I was imagining parts of the Exoskeleton failing. I don't think Exoskeletons would be all that fragile.
>>
>>52564143
Why does a cop need to match a street samurai's strength? It's not exactly SOP for a first responder to engage in an honourable duel with the sword-wielding maniac screaming about his mentor spirit.
>>
>>52564107
I think they should have the ability mechanics wise to be just pluged in, but if they go wireless they get some kind of bonus for putting themselves in danger of matrix attacks. Think the risk/reward of the smartlink for guns.
>>
>>52564214
Same reason why SWAT teams and the military have high tech equipment. Ideally you want to completely overwhelm your oposition when going in. Also it lets your cops follow kayfabe rules and do dumb things like engage in awesome sword fights with the sam because he killed his friend and the cop has a vendetta againt him.
>>
>>52564143
>I've been homebrewing Exoskeletons a little because I thought it was a weird gap in the setting.
Eh.

4e provided the Iron Will, Superficial Cybernetics, and Milspec Battle Armour. MBA carried over to 5e. The rules for Superficial Cybernetics were simple AF and easy to translate: 10% of the cost of a cyberlimb and you get a shell that behaves as normal, but cannot take modifications requiring internal space.
>>
>>52564214
I was just saying Cops as an example, its for Security Forces in general. Also your table's depiction of Knight Errant seems to be missing a little pink mohawk there.
>>
>>52564252
it is that way with all gear with the wireless options
>>
>>52564154

Internal Router, Chrome Flesh Page 84
>>
File: tumblr_nhqcyguyCs1rnrss4o1_1280.jpg (72KB, 733x523px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhqcyguyCs1rnrss4o1_1280.jpg
72KB, 733x523px
>>52564373
>engage in awesome sword fights with the sam because he killed his friend and the cop has a vendetta againt him
I know it's pretty ridiculous even by Shadowrun standards, but that's exactly why some private police/security jurisdictions in my games straight up have lieutenants armed with fancy swords and shit. I mean SR has a lot of Japanese stuff in it, so why not have some police/corpsec straight up act like hired samurai.

Because there's just something so cool about the concept of the party samurai suddenly finding out that the nameless, faceless SWAT/Corpsec leader has a tricked out pair of cyberarms fast enough to meet the sammy's blade with one of his own and put up enough of a fight to be sufficiently dramatic.
>>
Does anyone have any interesting background ideas for a street rat who lives in the barrens?

I want to start with minimal equipment and no cyber/magic and see how far I can get solely with wits and streetwise ...
>>
>>52564963
>street rat who lives in the barrens

Prostitute face with flashbacks of her ork pimp beating her.
>>
File: deepfry-kenzo.jpg (529KB, 1920x3242px) Image search: [Google]
deepfry-kenzo.jpg
529KB, 1920x3242px
>>52564963
Edge build gun fighter. Become John Wick.

Which actually reminds me.

What's the most people you've ever killed in a single run?
>>
File: syntharm.png (504KB, 1016x486px) Image search: [Google]
syntharm.png
504KB, 1016x486px
>>52552254
Sup /srg/

How do synthwave Shadowrun?
>>
>>52552254
>>52566242
Also, did synthwave more Cyberpunk than SR?
>>
File: 1488656001991.png (1MB, 1080x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1488656001991.png
1MB, 1080x1079px
>>52566242
Extremely.
>>
File: 9213996b2c3a1d682eec9879f15d7b49.jpg (98KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9213996b2c3a1d682eec9879f15d7b49.jpg
98KB, 1920x1200px
>>52564373
The problem then is that in order for revenge-cop's exosuit to be viable, it needs to be able to provide comparable stats to the street sam without overshadowing the sam's capabilities and that niche doesn't exist.

If it's cheaper than getting cyberlimbs with the same capabilities then there's no reason to get augments. If it costs more money to get the same benefit as limbs, the exosuit is useless.
If the Essence cost versus the attribute bonuses is a net positive for an adept then it's just another toy for awakened.
>>
Is it a bad idea to buy a fishing boat as a party wagon if you're not gonna focus on rigging?
>>
>>52566389
I wouldn't say it's a bad idea, but you have to realise that if you can't escape with it, your combat options shrink down to "kill'em all" and "go down with the ship".
>>
>>52566334
>The problem then is that in order for revenge-cop's exosuit to be viable, it needs to be able to provide comparable stats to the street sam without overshadowing the sam's capabilities and that niche doesn't exist.
Not that guy, but I disagree.

>If it's cheaper than getting cyberlimbs with the same capabilities then there's no reason to get augments. If it costs more money to get the same benefit as limbs, the exosuit is useless.
It can be cheaper with differing customisation options, and that provides a viable niche in which to take it without overshadowing the street samurai's options.
>>
File: 9gag-memes-shadowrundice.jpg (102KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
9gag-memes-shadowrundice.jpg
102KB, 750x600px
>>52566269

the main thing you need to remember is that with cyberpunk style > substance

since shadowrun is more crunch heavy, it makes more sense to take the things that give larger mechanical differences over the "null wiz" augmentations/'tech
>>
>>52566425
Yeah, it's just that i'm joining a game set in SE-Asia and i figured i could make a saucy sea captain smuggler man, but still have some focus in being an augmented fisting and shooting specialist.

Punching might be a secondary focus too, though, since another player decided to be the adept face whipmaster extreme
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1721x1619px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1721x1619px
>>52566454
What customisation options though?
Attribute bonuses aren't going to do a lot to help the cop with 4 STR take on the street sam with 12, especially if the street sam can also do it.
Attribute replacement? If it's costed anywhere near efficiently then it's more effective than cyberlimbs, which means the cyberlimb sam archetype is dead.
Extra capacity? Woo, you can have 6 armour of every type, that'll help get revenge for your dead partner.
Extra recoil compensation? It's not exactly difficult to get 9+ RC and you can clear your progressive recoil by doing a jig, that's hardly critical.
>>
Does /srg/ have a discord? I know /5eg/ does.
>>
File: Security 3.png (633KB, 749x733px) Image search: [Google]
Security 3.png
633KB, 749x733px
>>52566454
In game I think it would be fine for both sams and awakened if the suit worked off of base attributes with customization and then added enhancements. In addition, if the availability has high enough, getting the suits with full upgrades wouldnt be something you could do in character creation to outshine the street sam. However for it to work fluff wise it would need to be more expensive then getting a full cyberbody with upgrades to boot. If it was cheaper then normal cybernetics then why the hell would police and military ever use cybernetics? But if it costs half a million nuyen to get an exosuit then no player will ever be able to have one even in the most high karma of games.
>>
>>52566863
>>52567001
Yeah now I'm starting to see why they dont have them.

Damn. Its a cool idea, but in practice it just doesn't fit in the mechanics. Guess I'll flush that homebrew down the drain.

Also Yekka. What do you got against the cop for wanting to avenge his dead partner? Cant you see these dangerous shadowsteppers need to be stopped?
>>
>>52552913
mystical adept with force bolt and an air spirit (djin)

Saudis last time I checked were shitting on troggs like any smart chummer would be
>>
File: 1472579541615.jpg (140KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1472579541615.jpg
140KB, 550x550px
>>
>>52556888
if I were to house rule that it would be a negative to imitative passes/scores and movement or something to that effect.
>>
File: 1307080368233.jpg (113KB, 365x800px) Image search: [Google]
1307080368233.jpg
113KB, 365x800px
>>52567065
I don't have a problem with the concept, I just want the concept to respect the fiction. To my mind, it's a better story if the cop is forced to take drastic measures to get his revenge. Volunteering for augmented task forces, taking a secret loan from a mob banker to push that edge even further, letting a drug-pusher go because he's got a hookup for K-10...

That said, apparently there was going to be 'exoware' in Chrome Flesh but it got canned.
>>
>>52567001
>However for it to work fluff wise it would need to be more expensive then getting a full cyberbody with upgrades to boot.
Yeah, nah. To compare; this was in 4e.
>Superficial Cybernetics
>To hide your meat body, you can get modified cybernetic casings that make you appear augmented. Superficial cyberware can have some functionality like cyber spurs and blades, but they have to fit over the existing limb (items such as cyberguns or raptor cyberlegs cannot be included). Superficial cybernetics can appear as either obvious or synthetic. Cyber scanners do not register them as cyberlimbs. Superficial cybernetics cost ten percent of the actual standard cyberlimb/ partial limb replacement.
They add a +1 modifier to Disguise Tests when an individual is using them to prevent themselves from being recognized by people who know their non-augmented appearance.

>>52566863
It doesn't matter what customisation options, when the goal is to be a production line threat from a different price range - not the custom spec'd sports car street samurai are. Make sure a cop can block, soak, hold a modded shock ram (or whatever) at milspec grunt capability, and wear shock weave. Let it tie up the street samurai while the other grunts match up and hold out against less combat spec'd runners, and that's good enough.

There are plenty of other ways to balance effectiveness for corp while hurting the range of use a runner can get out of it, too. Corp cops don't need to disguise themselves, hide their digital signature from inspection, deal with wearing gear for long stretches, etc.
>>
File: 1278904274895.png (180KB, 355x392px) Image search: [Google]
1278904274895.png
180KB, 355x392px
>>52568386
How does it tie up the samurai? What capabilties does it have to have in order to do that? If it provides x AGI and y STR for less than the cost of getting the equivalent in cyberware, why would the street sam want to invest their karma and resources into getting cyberware instead of getting the exo-suit?

If they're intended to be an NPC-only item and an individual suit costs more than the equivalent cyberware, why would KE waste their budget buying those suits instead of investing in more augmented officers? If they're concerned that police officers won't be able to handle having those max-attribute limbs for whatever reason, modular connectors are a thing, they can switch from a standard ATT-3 synthetic limb to a bulk-modded obvious limb that's loaded for bear.
>>
>>52567299
I was just going to go straight phys ad with blast/wind element
>>
>>52568926
Wasn't half the reason they changed military armour this edition to avoid that anyway? Heavy armour with a decent body stat and the right augs was pretty disgusting, even though it wasn't hardened.
>>
>>52565913
That's what I would've done, but we're playing SR2 so no Edge.

I've never killed excessively, so probably like 2 or 3.
>>
>>52568926
>How does it tie up the samurai?
Start by not dying immediately. Then think about penalties in combat (electricity, glare, etc) and how someone could use them to force focusing on them first.

>why would the street sam want to invest their karma and resources into getting cyberware instead of getting the exo-suit?
There are so many, many, *many* ways to hypothetically match attributes, with immediate or longer term drawbacks by which it's worth less than a full cyber body for runners.

Already started with "Corp cops don't need to disguise themselves, hide their digital signature from inspection, deal with wearing gear for long stretches, etc." - think about things that runners need to do to bring unusual gear to any given location. The average run does not allow one to just stomp down main street and take a left at the secret facility.

Go look at Attribute Boost for ideas on how to provide Attributes Liteâ„¢ in ways that people don't like, think about cyberlimb customisation, or read up on Numb for how you can keep someone alive and conscious until they're dead without making it an auto-include for all runners.

You're a big guy. I think you got this already.
>>
>>52553916
>you get the surgery and slot a personafix

Why would you need a personafix? The whole thing about transsexuality is that the body doesn't match the mind. You'd either get surgery to get the right body, or a personafix to get the right mind. Doing both is counterproductive.
>>
File: pol and Furries.png (78KB, 1306x354px) Image search: [Google]
pol and Furries.png
78KB, 1306x354px
>>52555667
Old truths stay true.
>>
>>52569695
Replying to this will start a flamewar, but let's do it anyway.
There is some evidence that in some cases, gender identity disorder is created by a hormonal imbalance that, through societal conditioning and psychological factors such as stress, bullying, isolation and other mental disorders, turns into a pathological urge to become the opposite gender.
The idea that "trans people have the mind of the opposite gender" isn't a lie, but it's an extreme simplification - some cases of gender identity disorder are caused by hormonal imbalances causing the sufferer to identify with people with a natural hormone balance closer to them - and turning it into the claim that their brains are the same as "the brain" of the opposite gender, notwithstanding that the human brain varies plenty even within the same gender and it's thus a generalization to speak of a "gendered" brain.
In addition to this, there's a massive imbalance in the gender balance of trans people, which is neatly accounted for by the fact that autogynephilia is more common than autoandrophilia. When coupled with a reinforcing community, an official-sounding diagnosis, some fundamentally mostly true but misused evidence and a bevy of social benefits to be reaped, people who are simply sexually aroused by the idea of becoming the opposite gender get drawn into the community too.
On top of that, a large amount of so-called trans people can't pass even post-operation, because at the core of it their personality is still shaped by being raised as their actual gender.
>>
>>52569695
>>52569874
TL;DR:
Even people who have gender dysphoria because of a hormonal imbalance don't have "the brain" of the gender they identify with, and might want to conform to a different or more extreme gender stereotype.
A large percentage of especially MtF transsexuals are a false positive caused by societally encouraged autogynephilia, and in this case they're literally men who just want to get closer to becoming women.
And on top of that, passing isn't just a matter of appearance but also of personality, and even women sometimes wish to become more or less feminine.
>>
File: 1477717444357.jpg (416KB, 1536x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1477717444357.jpg
416KB, 1536x1776px
>>52558417
Feng Shui is all about that. As a bonus, you could take the future section out of the rest of the metaplot and just do that, if you don't want some magic guy throwing lightning and shurikens beside you.
>>
File: Shiawase Logo Redesign.png (152KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shiawase Logo Redesign.png
152KB, 1200x900px
>>52558981
Old fluff is old.

>>52558828
Market Panic is the 5e book you want, including a breakdown of every corp, their subsidiaries, and their current rankings. S-K lost the top seat, for example, and Loffy must be a yellow dragon for how salty he is.
>>
>>52569695
>>52569874
>>52569881
Kind of reminds me of a philosophical gibgab thing I once read in a book.

Say you're shopping for clothes, and you find a comfy but pricey shirt in a bright shade of red, which for argument's sake, just happens to be your favourite colour. What's also on sale is a comfy shirt in a murky shade of green, which again for argument's sake, just happens to be your least favourite colour. However, the green shirt is not only half the price of the red shirt, but comes with a pill that when swallowed, makes murky green your favourite colour.

What shirt would you buy? Would you fork out a lot of cash for the red shirt, or have your tastes altered to prefer the cheaper green shirt, knowing your previous self would hate it?
>>
File: Weebs.png (194KB, 470x449px) Image search: [Google]
Weebs.png
194KB, 470x449px
>>52562268
>Ruby and Rose
>>
>>52566389
>>52566582
If you have the cash, you can buy a boat and mount a concealed missile launcher. If things go FUBAR, whip out the commlink and light up the sky.
>>
>>52570007
Imagine the police stops for the poor bastard sitting out on the boat to explain away the ersatz missile destroyer you've built.
"What's the ordinance for, son?"
"Fishing for meistersingers, sir."
>>
Hey /srg/ with the Motion Sickness negative quality, do you get a test to avoid nausea?
>>
>>52570879
What edition and what book?
>>
File: 1487207677463.jpg (488KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487207677463.jpg
488KB, 636x900px
>>52568926
Not the anon but part of the idea of why the exoskeleton are develloped in the first place is to supplement already augmented troops.

When I made the homebrew earlier, the idea wasn't to give it to standard cops or even to the everyday-runner, it was a military-spec combat exoskeleton to enhance military troops instead of giving them pricy, overburdening heavy milspec armor that has to be tailored to every user. The logic was to trade armor for more combat capabilities. The idea was also to provide a mass-produced way to competition Milspec armor and the necessity of having cyberware surgery.

I made the exo 20F for that exact reason, nothing short of SOBR (My campaign is set in russia) and Spetsnaz military units would be equipped with it, and any player that acquires it would have to go to extreme lengths to hide it.

I did plan on making a couple of non-military exoskeletons for laborers and heavy machinery workers but I'm unsure of how to really make them distinct.
>>
Is there any information on Kaltenstein, the GD who was involved with the Black Forest Troll Kingdom of Germany? I can't find more than a short wiki entry.
>>
>>52574819
Dragons of the Sixth World (3e) p.105, 165, 166, 168
Running Wild (4e) p 76, 78
The Clutch of Dragons (4e)
Shadows of Europe (3e) p. 53, 233
>>
>>52574973
Thanks m8
>>
Why are mundies so bitchy?

Why can't they just know their place?
>>
>>52575806
Because they are abominations that deserve to be killed

KILL THE AWAKENED
FAB III NOW
>>
>>52575806
Be kind to them, it must be very hard to go through life knowing that you're objectively inferior.
>>
By some circumstance you have been selected to choose what kind of world changing event will introduce 6e
This event will lead to changes in the rule set just like Crash 2.0 and CFD did
What event do you chose, and what ruleset changes do you intend to do with it?
>>
I'm running a fun comfy winter-themed arc up in Athabaska. I know Ares has its fangs in pretty deep with its spaceport being right by Anchorage and everything. What are some good AA corps that would be trying to worm their way into the oil sands and mining up North?
>>
>>52576868
Bull dies.
>>
>>52576934
But chummer, the change is usually traumatic, something a lot of people are sad about
Also I can't imagine what kind of rule change this would bring, aside from universally good mood
>>
>>52576957
As Bull was clearly the avatar of hope or whatever, the Horrors invade. Shadowrun becomes a post apocalyptic setting where everyone is sad that Bull is dead.
>>
>>52576984
>Bull
>avatar of hope
Chummer, what are you on, and can I have some of it?
>>
>>52577010
I vaguely remember some weird thread where some SR writer gave his own personal take on where the metaplot might be going, and one of the key points was that Harley was the avatar of hope and was going to kill the Horrors or something.
Bull is about as obnoxious as Harlequin so I figure he could be th
>>
>>52563892
Yeah, pointed there by /srg/ actually, what do you want to know?
>>
File: 1488837453379.jpg (318KB, 1084x827px) Image search: [Google]
1488837453379.jpg
318KB, 1084x827px
How exactly are cyberware and personal electronics powered? What's the go-to portable power cell/generator in Shadowrun?
>>
>>52577066
HE COULD BE WHAT?!
CHUMMER, WHAT HAPPENED?
RESPOND
>>
>>52576868
Z-O is blow out from orbit by an UCAS-Europe-Russian state alliance.

Corporations are stomped back to being subservient to states.
>>
>>52577262
Fuck gay. Statists go home.
>>
>>52577262
>the dragons ever letting that happen

:^]
>>
>>52577209
>A NOTE ON POWER
>Thanks to modern technology, the need to use
>battery packs or external power sources to operate
>cyberware is a thing of the past. With the exception
>of energy weapons and (at the gamemaster’s
>discretion) certain high-energy-consumption devices,
>augmented characters do not need to worry
>about powering their implants, including such
>’wares as cyberlimbs and reaction enhancers.
>Many implants simply use the body’s own natural
>neural bioelectricity, sometimes storing and redistributing
>this power using superconductive and
>macroconductive materials. Other implants use
>micropower technologies such as thermoelectric
>generators that rely on the temperature differences
>between the body and its environment and
>nanoscale generators that convert power from
>the mechanical energy of movement.
>>
>>52577262
That's not how cyberpunk works you doofus
>>
File: 1408599345128.jpg (337KB, 1199x750px) Image search: [Google]
1408599345128.jpg
337KB, 1199x750px
>>52577293
Much appreciated chummer!
>>
>>52576868
Awakened virus. Most of the greats are left at death's door, and everyone tries to take advantage as mages/adepts curl up in pain. 'Thankfully' the virus had mutated since it's creation several decades ago (in a forgotten lab under a castle near the SOX) and it is non-lethal, but the Greats are vulnerable. And angry.
Cyber makes a huge comeback as a cheap way to capitalise on the event quickly, but so does drone automation.
Mass unemployment happens in the reorganisation, compounded by the Megacorporate Revision.
>>
>>52577286
>>52577292
>>52577300
And then we have police-states everywhere.

Essentially nothing changes, you just have the government to run against now and they're more fun to run against than the corporations.
>>
>>52577328
I'm just going to repeat

>the dragons ever letting that happen
>>
>>52577328
>governments
>more fun to run against
[citation VERY MUCH NEEDED]
>>
>>52577343
The only dragon in charge of a corp is Lofwyr, he'd just take over the german government.
>>
>>52577363
Taking over the German government would be a serious downgrade in his powers.
>>
>>52577328
Governments are just more boring corporations. Corps want to push new ideas to sell new products. Governments want to push old bland ideas to keep the largest constituency.
>>
>>52577317
Dragonfall is canon, chummers.
>>
>>52577378
I mean nothing said anything about him having to leave S&K behind, now he gets his megacorporation, and a country to legitimize it, or to act throught.

>>52577394
Look at our modern governments, you're telling me that wouldn't be fun to run against ? Secret CIA projects, fucking up with the NSA and all that shit.

And this is just the US.
>>
>>52577415
All that stuff can be done with corps and more.
>>
>>52577436
Nobody said anything about the corps not existing, they're just not the "We own the world anymore".

In essence what I'm asking is for more battles over power. I'm really tired of SR falling down into the pit of "Nothing you do ever matters because Z-O is in the sky, you can't ever touch it and the corporations are invincible."

I'd make for interesting player campaigns when they realize that hurting the corporations actually does something.
>>
>>52577465
But anon: You are not supposed to change anything
This is cyberpunk afterall
Where you don't change things, you just survive
>>
>>52577492
Maybe that kind of writing is bad
>>
>>52577492
I'd argue that cyberpunk isn't about survival. It's about fighting the system. The cyber- prefix is for the setting, the -punk suffix is for the antagonsitic role the players take against the system.

In a setting where your actions against the system don't matter, it becomes pointless. The only logical to do in end-game SR is always to either become a corp runner or start your own corp and that to me is antithesis to the core concept.
>>
>>52577578
Live fast, die hard. The goal is to fight, not to win.
>>
>>52577578
You can try to survive by fighting the man, but in the end a small group of people can't do much
You don't fight the man directly, you do his dirty work. And even if you put one corp down another will follow
The biggest thing is to survive another day
>>
>>52577604
>>52577633
I guess that's fun after the first one or two games. But by now it's gotten old.
>>
File: 1424296974330.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1424296974330.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>>52577300
I'd have to disagree on that, I think a setting can still be cyberpunk if governmental forces become the dominant force in the setting and in the metaplot.

I mean look at the Ghost in the Shell franchise for example. It's got influential corporations, but the big players are mostly politicians and international terrorists. It's been a while, but the only plot I remember having a megacorp as the main antagonist was Locus Solus in Innocence.
>>
>>52577667
It's about the journey, not the destination.
>>
>>52577673
Ghost in the Shell is """""""""""""Post-Cyberpunk""""""""""""""
>>
File: 1490481206577.png (183KB, 376x280px) Image search: [Google]
1490481206577.png
183KB, 376x280px
>>52577700
Semantics!
>>
>>52577700
The story that takes place is post cyberpunk, but the setting itself is still very much cyberpunk.
>>
>>52577667
I'm >>52577633
I'm not saying that you can't kill The Manâ„¢, but you can't do it with your team alone
To do something big you have to change the people
>>
>>52577778
Yeah that's true, but in essence you'll never have as much power as the Man because he's essentially unreachable, all powerful and all encompassing.

If the setting had more of a conflicted power-sphere you could essentially play powers against one another. Sure you can do that now, but the Corporate will always side with the Corporate.
>>
>>52577700
Post-Cyberpunk is just a pointless label some hipster authors use to make their work seem deeper than they are.
>>
>>52577778
>I'm not saying that you can't kill The Manâ„¢, but you can't do it with your team alone
>>52577860
>Yeah that's true, but in essence you'll never have as much power as the Man because he's essentially unreachable, all powerful and all encompassing.
You can't really kill The Manâ„¢, because it's an entity in the same way a corporation is a person. What you can do in a (post)cyberpunk game is kill specific representatives of The Manâ„¢ and hope any change that results is a positive one. Or use your downtime to make the streets a better place.
>>
>>52579665

This. It's marketing and brand management too, so the publishers are at least as much to blame.
>>
>>52576868
>>52576934
All Jackpointers die.
>>
If I want to get a general summary of 5e Shadowrun lore should I just slog through the CRB fluff sections or is there anything better?
>>
File: 1491356046051.jpg (60KB, 1103x767px) Image search: [Google]
1491356046051.jpg
60KB, 1103x767px
>>52579933
>Some kind of mass biofeedback bullshit lobotomizes everyone logged onto Jackpoint at the moment or some corp decker doxxes everyone through resonance bullshit and sends HTR to their homes
>Few remaining posters that survive fucktuple Jackpoint's security, making everyone anon-posters in the process because of all the bouncing proxies everyone has to post through
>Splatbook quality increases by 1,000%
>>
What does /srg/ think about having a drone that runs on autopilot, linked to a comm (not an RCC) for a street Sam with no real rigging skills? Is this viable by adding an electronic warfare vehicle mod to the drone? At least for a somewhat less ezhack autopilot drone for added muscle.
>>
>>52580677
If you want to avoid ezhack, give the drone and the street sam a microtransceiver each, set to wireless: off.
>>
>>52580736
Can you transmit orders to a drone with a micro transceiver?
>>
>>52580793
Do you think drones are unable to receive vocal commands?
>>
>>52580860
Hopefully your sammy is smart enough to be clear and straightforward with his commands.
>DRONE, MAKE A LOTTA NOISE RIGHT NOW!
>Affirmative, making latte noir right now.
>>
>>52576868
Mass civil war/revolution of the downtrodden SINless. Barrens turning into unofficial city-states defended by confederations of gangers.
>>
>>52580923
Forgot my pic
>>
>>52580869
Lmao avoid making this char with a speech impediment. Duly noted.
>>
>>52580970
Warriors campaign with a bunch of different groups of people playing different gangs would be the most fun thing of all time.
>>
File: Carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
How cheesy would taking Brand Loyalty (Product) for a specific ammo type be? I kinda wanna take it it for tracer rounds so my cybered-up firebug can go around using an Ares LightFire to light fires (pic related).

In a similar vein, if one were to permit turning the Shiawase Incinerator into a Custom Implant Weapon, how much Capacity do you think it would take? I mean, sure, Flametossers are a thing, and one I'll probably be taking either way if I can crunch it because fuck yeah, burst-fire, but I'd figure having harder-hitting, slightly longer range option couldn't be too bad.
>>
>>52581154
>if one were to permit turning the Shiawase Incinerator into a Custom Implant Weapon, how much Capacity do you think it would take?
I'd say the "handheld" Blazer counts as an exotic pistol, while the Incinerator is whatever your GM says it is - but larger than the Blazer.

>Custom Cyberguns
>Tasers are treated as Light Pistols, Exotic Pistols are treated as Heavy Pistols, and other guns might be modifable into cyberguns if the Gamemaster so chooses.
>>
>>52581461
The Blazer is probably closer to an SMG in size. Would assault rifle, shotgun, or grenade launcher suit the Incinerator better?
>>
>>52581507
well assault rifle wouldn't as they're explicitly too big to be cyber-weapons
>>
>>52582198
Oh, shit, that's true. Weird, considering Grenade Launchers use the Heavy Weapons skill, so you'd think those would be at least as big. But then, the fuck do I know?
>>
>>52582271
Grenade launchers vary from pistol sized to whatever.
>>
>>52581154
>Shiawase Incinerator
Side question, what skill would you use for this? Is it it's own exotic weapon prof?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170406-234335.png (2MB, 1080x1031px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170406-234335.png
2MB, 1080x1031px
>>52556020
I've thought about running a one armed character. It's not a fetish, but definitely a heavy gimmick. The character is a mage, so a ware replacement isn't ideal, but I can't reconcile why they wouldn't have a cloned replacement. The options I've thought of are:
>their culture considers it wrong
>they don't have the money (not a problem after a successful run or two)
>the incident was recent and they're still waiting for the replacement.
I like the third one best because it offers more obvious places for character growth and it doesn't pigeonhole the rest of the character into one of a few other archetypes.
>>
>>52583009
I approve of option 3. Lol! There's so many people who force their character never to change! This game is about building a story, lol. MOre than anything else.
>>
>>52582740
Yeah, it's an exotic. I'd rule Exotic Weapon (Flamethrower) probably covers it and anything else that throws flames, like the Blazer, the Flame Bracer, and the Flametosser cyber implant, though Chrome Flesh says any implanted ranged weapon counts as an Exotic Weapon, so that might cause issues if they're all meant to be taken as distinct skills...
>>
>>52582685
Whereas rifles have to be a certain length as I understand it, I'm sure there's a /k/ommando around somewhere who could give you more detail.
>>
>>52583009
They might also have sacrificed it as a part of their Tradition, though lopping off a perfectly good limb smacks of blood magic.
>>
>>52583009
Perhaps another option, it was the price for something, a spirit pact of some sort/ maybe a custom mentor spirit some sort of maimed God, like Odin. I can't think of one missing an arm off the top of my head, but I'm sure there is one.
>>
>>52583248
Tyr, although he lost only a hand to Fenrir.
>>
>>52583217
A rifle needs to be a certain length so the powder can burn and accelerate the round fast enough. Grenades don't do their damage with velocity so much as just blowing up so they don't need long barrels necessarily.
>>
>>52583265
Thank you
>>
>>52583265
Man, now I just want my next character to be a nutcase with open ended pipebombs sticky taped to/grafted inside of biodrone cats muttering constantly about barrel length.
>>
>>52583009
I made a one armed pistol adept once. He was about 55 and lost his arm as a kid due to a malfunctioning drone, at which point his parents didn't have the cash to get him a replacement, and when he awakened he opted nit to get a cyberarm due to losing his magic. After crash 2.0 he lost his identity/job he'd worked his whole life for, and that combined with a drone tearing off his arm caused him to be jaded and extremely distrustful of technology (most of which he is very ignorant of) which is why he continues to opt out of getting a replacement.
He's also gone so long without it that it's almost a point of pride that he can get by without it just fine (despite the fact he uses his magic as a crutch and is terrified if losing it).
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 808x1300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 808x1300px
>>52569110
Probably, SR4 had a lot of problems with bloated dicepools from this and that.
>>52583009
Fluff-based geasa, maybe?
>>
>>52583009
Maybe we're moving further into gimmick territory, but what about an ally spirit possessing a wooden prosthetic.
>>
Describe your game using a movie
>inb4 "it doesn't exist"
In that case describe the game you'd want to play in/GM using a movie
>>
>>52587052
Not a movie but I've been taking some inspiration from Burn Notice for the game I'm working on.
>>
File: 1487208518376.png (456KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487208518376.png
456KB, 640x640px
>>52587052
Game I'm planning: Snatch
Game I'm playing in: Bourne Trilogy
>>
File: 1490842778148.png (212KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490842778148.png
212KB, 500x471px
>>52587052
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
>None of us will shut the fuck up about philosophical ramblings, but we're all guilty of it and none of us mind so it's cool
>Current campaign makes heavy use of the Uncanny Valley, lots of fucked up doll people and monstrous levels of body-modification (one of the antagonists was experimenting with what was basically removing metahuman heads from the jaw upwards and replacing it with a prototype rigger-system and life-support system)
>A lot of nostalgic/old-world-blues elements of people dressing up in old fashions of clothing ('old' in this case referring to all the 20th century fashions in one horrible clusterfuck) and designing modern electric cars to look like 1920's sedans
>Current base of operations has a heavily cyber'd Basset Hound pottering about
>>
File: 1437265758842.jpg (206KB, 593x675px) Image search: [Google]
1437265758842.jpg
206KB, 593x675px
>>52576924
AG Chemie, Maersk (for the shipping/pipeline rights), Proteus for off-shore rigs.

Daitsu, Inc (mining and heavy equipment) is an A-level who might have a minor role as boots on the ground, while Arabian Future Industries (possibly in merger talks with Spinrad) and Eastern Tiger Corporation could be looking to stop competition in the oil industry.

Gaeatronics would be an interesting angle, as they are a NAN corp that focuses on renewable energy. Either trying to undercut petrochemical production, or looking to get in on the action on the sly as a quick but unethical (as in, against their proclaimed corporate ethics, which could have bad ramifications to their stock if it came out) moneymaker.
>>
File: 1481089908422.jpg (333KB, 1900x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1481089908422.jpg
333KB, 1900x1460px
>>52580146
>fucktuple Jackpoint's security

No, they close down Jackpoint; ratcheting up security would just mean no new voices ever. Captain Chaos comes back as an e-ghost and reopens ShadowSea as the place to be. Maria Mercurial puts out a futa BTL.
>>
>>52587052
Game I'm playing: Those last two episodes of Evangelion, the weird instrumentality ones consisting of recycled footage and absolutely no lead-up. I'm.. not entirely sure we're playing Shadowrun anymore.
>>52588286
Fun part is there are two potentials for Chaos. One, the clockwork e-Buddha in hong-kong tended by monks that speaks truth, and a particular tribe of sprites mentioned in a book I forget that you access through a code-cavern.
>>
Great girl, or best girl?
>>
What are the rules for climbing on top of the car roof from a moving vehicle? I need this fast, bruhs
>>
File: Yerzed Out.jpg (235KB, 1600x894px) Image search: [Google]
Yerzed Out.jpg
235KB, 1600x894px
>>52592233
Rigger 5, last chapter.
>>
>>52592233
>>52592339
>Characters must make a Gymnastics + Strength [Physical] (Terrain) Test to move from one vehicle to the next. If there are no openings into the target vehicle, the character is considered to be hanging onto its outside surface. At the end of every Combat Turn while the car is moving, the character must make a Strength check to continue to hang on.
>If the character fails to get on the vehicle or falls off, he must resist (Speed x 3) Physical damage.
R5.0 p179
>>
Tell me about your most genius and unique character build/idea
>>
File: 1491502433190.png (11KB, 346x291px) Image search: [Google]
1491502433190.png
11KB, 346x291px
>>52593772
>Considering oneself a genius or unique on the internet, let alone 4chan

If I want to embarrass myself I'll go outside.
>>
What would magical materials contribute to an archery character? Parageology type stuff, or that sort.
>>
>>52594416
alchemical preparations?
>>
>>52594617
Alchemy doesn't require magical materials

That said, this actually is an alchemical troll archer
>>
>>52594781
>what are reagents
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h31m39s91.png (3MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h31m39s91.png
3MB, 1920x1036px
How realistically can an anthroform be made to physically resemble a human being?

I'm humoring the idea of pulling off some Innocence shenanigans in my next campaign.
>>
>>52595033
It's possible to reach a point where next to no one will be able to tell the difference visually. Unless you take extra steps to block scanners and fool assensing, you'll still eventually get fingered.
>>
>>52595191
>you'll still eventually get fingered
>implying that's not what i-Dolls are made for
>>
>>52595033
You can make an anthroform drone look, feel, smell, sound, and taste, entirely human. This evaporates the moment someone assenses you or uses a cyberware scanner.

You might get some camoflague from mages if you wear a coat padded with FAB, you could Con any assensing that they can't see the aura due to the awakened bacteria blocking it.

As for cyberware scanners? Hack 'em.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h15m55s60.png (3MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h15m55s60.png
3MB, 1920x1036px
>>52595191
>>52595324
I'm not too concerned about them getting pointed out as being robots, their whole schtick is going to be metahuman-realistic anthroform drones that act as super high-end household assistants and escorts.

What I *do* want to remain concealed is that the drones are 'piloted' by a metahuman brain slotted with a personafix, for 'unprecedented levels of realistic virtual-personality'. What precautions can I take to ensure that scans/assensing don't discover biological components and life-support systems concealed inside?
>>
>>52595355
Smuggling Compartment + Shielding.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h28m09s33.png (2MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-12-16-21h28m09s33.png
2MB, 1920x1036px
>>52595520
Gracias, anon.
>>
>>52552254
man it really sucks to have no one to play this with
>>
>>52598599
If you have a regular group, try selling it to them as "Cyberpunk Gandalf has shoot outs with the Terminator". Worked for us.

Otherwise go looking for an online group. It's not as hard to find as a solid earthdawn, delta green or eclipse phase game, but you'll get a lot of shitty ones where everyone wants to be immortal elves.
>>
>>52598599
Try out RunnerHub or ShadowNet. Quality heavily varies.
>>
Is allowing player making corporate agent that runs shadows and report his activity to corp bad idea?
>>
>>52599513
Not really if you desire a good ol' standoff at some point, but don't give him some huge advantage like a hotline straight to Lofwyr or something.
>>
>>52599544
I was planing on letting him carry forbidden stuff and cops not asking too many questions.
>>
>>52599544
And if you do, make sure the character is an outrageously superficial socialite.
"Loffy, DAHLING. Kiss kiss. Be a dear. Send me Scale? Or a Thor strike? There's this nasty little thing that simply MUST go away. Ta ta."
>>
Maan what the fuck, it's real fun doing chargen and try not to step on people's toes when one player constantly switches up the concept.

One day it's "yeah i'll make this sneaky melee adept" to "oh shit g i gotta make a voodoo priest shaman face" to "shit man, i'm bout to make a drake who is an animal handler and an OG puncher"
>>
Quickly give me stats for bunraku dolls
Plan to use them as threat for my runners if the manager switch their Personafix to Berserker.
>>
>>52601843
average physical stats of their metatype?
Bunraku dolls are just people with a personafix and maybe some cosmetic augmentation
>>
File: 5.5 Essence.gif (2MB, 400x174px) Image search: [Google]
5.5 Essence.gif
2MB, 400x174px
>>
>>52601843
A bunraku doll should have the stats of a PR0 thug, more or less, (higher end places could have some 'ware in there for better numbers but older dolls defintely have lower body, lower stats overall for one that's really on the way out) but with slightly better skills and much better morale.

They won't break until the personafix is no longer in effect, so unlike a horde that's likely to run after somebody goes down (especially if it's the leader) the dolls will just keep on coming.
>>
The three Shadowrun CRPGs as well as anarchy are available as part of a $25 humble bundle right now if anyone is interested.

https://www.humblebundle.com/g/hyperrpg_halo_foundation
>>
>>52599513
Not at all. Undercover's are awesome.
>>
>>52603795
Never give CGL money.

All books are free in the OP.
>>
>>52605586
>never give CHK money
Surely that will incentivize them to hire a proper editor and make the rules less of a clusterfuck!
>>
>>52605586
Eh, apparently no money actually goes to CGL
>>
Okay /tg/ I could use some advice.

Making a prime runner for a 2077 game.

After much deliberation, I went with Move By Wires (3) as the center piece of what sort of "makes the character". His theme, his mechanics, etc.

The idea is they have the lowest sort of skills I could imagine, very bare bones, and would basically skillsoft whatever they need, when it comes up.

I fused it with Transhuman Prototype, to get a used adrenaline pump and the bioware that makes it less likely go off accidentally.

I read a bit about cloning and "wimps" the grown bodies that are harvested for organs and began to cook up what I thought was an interesting spin on the normal "bioweapon super assassin perfect being".

The character is like... a second rate super soldier, made in some mad scientist's basement rather than a super expensive government lab.

More or less, the idea is one of these "wimps" was stolen, or bought for cheap on the black market with features including an adrenaline pump, and bio-compatibility with cyberware.

This disgruntled Ares (or other military focused megacorp with good cyberware systems) Scientist puts a set of MbW in (which includes skillwires, sort of like a new, overriding nervous system), a skilljack and a personafix as basically turns a puppet into a freakish android.

Which he then will try to use to, I dunno, make a bunch of money, test it out in the field so he can get his job back or something.

I was going to make his one high loyalty, high connection contact the scientist "father" of this robo assassin.

I suppose I'm just tossing this idea out there to see where it can be shaved/improved so it doesn't seem too cliché.
>>
>>52605948
Okay. You want him to be from a corp - Monobe or UO, preferably the latter, both have histories of grade-A shady shit. So do all corps, but these specifically get into medical grade shady.

Ares is a solid corp to pick, but tie it into bug spirits. A subsidiary, UnlimiTech, deals with them heavily and is probably owned by them entirely given that something like 25% of Ares is apparently infested now if we go by Market Panic - he could be part of a pushback effort. Making black soldiers to fight bug spirits, as either a collaborative effort among mostly scattered Ares soldiers or a black effort along the lines of Knight droppiung a briefcase full of cash and going "Oh, no, I sure do hope noone uses this to start an enormous shadow war against bug spirits! That would be *terrible*, especially if noone told me anything about it becaus I don't know who is compromised!". Not that the character would ever find out, of course.

There's some 4e ware for a 'mysterious implant' quality - that's what you want. A backdoor into his brain, complete with a bloody cortex bomb. Dial the high loyalty down - make him closer to a slave. "Sure, you can go do your own thing. But do come when I call. Or I'll fucking murder you.". Maybe take the 'incomplete deprogramming' quality, but talk to your GM about turning you into a corporate orientated slave soldier instead mild mannered OMar Mcgee, friendly local terrorist. Maybe borrowed time to represent some sort of genetic abnormality - robo-dad can claim he'll cure it, despite having no intention of doing so and a cortex bomb there anyway.
>>
>>52606109
Er, purchased from monobe or UO by ares, I mean.
>>
File: Ready for war.jpg (2MB, 1578x962px) Image search: [Google]
Ready for war.jpg
2MB, 1578x962px
Might not be the best place to ask this but better than trying to start my own thread just to "hopefully" get an answer.

Recently finished reading the Shadowrun Storytime by TwoDee that was posted on /tg around 2012-2014 (I may be a bit off with the numbers there)

2D talked about posting new stories in some of the last threads. Namely a Pathfinder one but more importantly another Shadowrun story, even had a little teaser at the end of the last thread. My question is - Did anything ever happen? And if so could someone please possibly direct me to the archives of it (if there are any)? I searched a bit myself but to no avail. Thought someone here might know.
>>
File: 1472681161124.jpg (128KB, 742x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472681161124.jpg
128KB, 742x449px
>>52606246
>>
>>52606262
Ah I see. A pity but good to know, and maybe a hope for the future. Thank you.
>>
How much would you cost this at for 5e?

Seventh Son -- The character, because of circumstances of birth, the sign they were born under, or some other auspice appropriate to their culture or magical tradition, has a greater magical potential than normal. The character can begins play with one metamagic technique that they meet the prerequisites for, without needing to initiate. For purposes of the metamagic, the character's initiate grade is considered zero until they initiate.
>>
>>52606405
Most metamagics require an initiate grade to be useful, so call it 10, but require a mentor spirit atop that. Needs some sort of reason to have it.
>>
>>52606437
That's what the first few sentences are?
>>
>>52606405
I'm thinking 15. How would this interact with Arts like Geomancy?
>>
>>52552254
once it was possible to find fiction in the mega with its own section.

what happened,how can i find'em?
>>
>>52607617
Have you checked the Mediafire?
>>
>>52607818
yep
>>
>>52605783
There is no incentivising CGL. There is supporting them, or hoping they go down and someone else gets the license.
>>
>>52606405
Lol like the magic users need more cheese.
>>
File: motokochill.gif (998KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
motokochill.gif
998KB, 500x270px
>>52552254

How would you stat her?
>>
>>52607850
Have you gone Mediafire-> Gibson Books?
>>
>>52607904
Carefully
>>
>>52607904
4e cyborg rules converted to 5e, child brain origin.
>>
>>52605783
At this point I don't care. I want them to fail and the license to be acquired by someone more competent, who will keep a core team together to the design the game rather than farming shit out randomly. They had their chance, they blew it.
>>
>>52607904
With racial type, attributes, skills, qualities, and gear.
>>
>>52607904
I wouldn't, she's a force of nature
>>
>>52607907
ooh, i'll look now.
>>
>>52607934
Yeah but then there's the chance no one picks it up.
>>
>>52607968
Chummer, not rising is still better than falling
And honestly, if CGL fails I'm pretty sure Pegasus Spiele will take it
>>
>>52607907
nevermind, i am stupid. thanks though.
>>
>>52607986
I'd more readily accept a buyout; but I get where you're coming from. A regime change is in order. I just pray they don't go rules light.
>>
>>52607986
>Pegasus Spiele
Gencon deathmatch! CGL's bloated staff vs the sleek, hungry german cannibal freelancers. Yes. YES.
>>
Is there a way to make cyberlimbs feel natural? According to the core book ever synthetic limbs feel unnatural to the touch.
>>
>>52608159
You tried looking in chrome flesh?
>>
>>52608198

It completely slipped my mind until you brought it up. Improved Synthskin, page 87. Thanks, chummer.
>>
>>52607877
>>52607934
>Monte Cooke Presents: Shadowrunemenara
>featuring 3 amazing classes: Cyberwarrior, Mage, and Cybermage
>>
>>52609942
Does MC even do anything? Would he even have the money to buy it?
>>
>>52609942
You mean two amazing classes; Technomancer and Magicmancer, plus Fighter.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>52610614
>>52610614
>>
Is there a step by step SOP for being a rigger? I just wanna jack into a robot for great power, but this book is shit.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.