[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Finder Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 42

File: 1443997138210.jpg (62KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1443997138210.jpg
62KB, 500x434px
>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
>>
File: 1474009873264.jpg (794KB, 2133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1474009873264.jpg
794KB, 2133x1600px
Well, I hate to be a greedy shit and post my listing first, but it's rather quiet right now anyways.

>>GM/Player
Player.
>>System Preferred
40k RPGs, mainly Dark Heresy or Only War, but anything is fine.
>>Times Available
US Mountain time. I usually stay up pretty late and can adjust hours as needed. I should generally be very available whatever the time.
>>Method of Play
Preferably something text based with instant feedback, IE, IRC/Discord or text Roll20 but not a message forum. Not really interested in voice chat.
>>Contact Info
Discord: BlondeKnight#7550

Feel free to add me if you're even slightly interested and we can discuss details.
>>Additional Notes
I've never actually played any of these games, and have only limited RPG experience in general, playing 5e and pathfinder in fantasy grounds with my friends. They have no interest in 40k. So someone willing to deal with an absolute beginner who might be a bit slow is a must. I know that's asking a lot, but I don't have many options. I'm familiar with the lore, though.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
King Arthur's Pendragon
Generally around 4pm Saturday GMT+0
roll20 for the playing, discord for voice
>Contact Info
Grimaud#5251 on discord
>Additional Notes
We are a relatively fresh group who have had two players drop out recently. Though four players is the sweet spot, five is doable. We're looking for fun guys and girls who don't mind action and courtly business while their GM figures out the finer points of this whole GM business along the way.

Game involves building a knight and his family in the county of Salisbury during the reign of King Uther, who is currently waging war against the Saxon menace. Politics is as important as displays of great bravery and valour. Hit me up for a chat and we'll see where things go.

>>52477843
>greedy shit
It's fine, bruv. Give the thread some life.
>>
File: Halberds-and-Helmets.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Halberds-and-Helmets.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>GM/Player
GM looking for players the more the merrier
>System Preferred
PDF related, a short rules-light game inspired by the original D&D from the 70s
1st group every Thursday 7pm to 10pm (GMT+2)
2nd group every Sunday 5pm to 8pm (GMT+2)
it is not required to regularly show up to every session or play in both groups though regular play helps with progression and establishing immersion.
voice + roll20, no text
https://app.roll20.net/join/1090678/tuHXyw , https://discord.gg/KYW2fcX
>Contact Info
flavio dot max dox mueller at bluewin dot ch
>Additional Notes
again: voice only, no text
To be accepted into the game: You must have a working microphone, show up at game time and you must be willing to play the game.
1 gold spent = 1 XP gained, you gain paltry sums of XP from defeating monsters compared to acquiring treasure.
The setting (not the same as depicted in the PDF) is Dwarf Fotressian with hippie elves, alcoholic dwarves, malevolent goblins, thieving kobolds, ambitious humans, abandoned ruins and is primarily a dungeon and wilderness crawl.
>>
>>52476514
The last Game Finder went well. Let's keep it up!
>>
>>52478328
Sounds cool, hope it goes well.
>>
Anyone have the link for the previous thread ?
>>
>>52480035
You seem to be a newfag, so listen to how it's done.
>go to catalog
>go to archive
>press CTRL and F simultaneously
>type in 'game finder' in the word search field
>click up or down the terms until you've found it

For this time only, though, I will link it to you. Be grateful >>52270186
>>
File: Nechronica.pdf (703KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica.pdf
703KB, 1x1px
I'm gonna try out the Nechronica character creation system and maybe the battle rules too if anyone is curious and wants to watch.

https://discord.gg/P7gPh
>>
>>52478181
Sent you a message with a request, but seeing how Discord is apparently retarded when it comes to just messaging another person I don't know if you actually saw it.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Star Wars, any system. I have exp with FFG and d6
Everyday but Saturday night
Whatever works. I've used roll20 and find it fine. Used discord too
>Contact Info
GogglesMcCoy#3732 on discord
>Additional Notes
>>
Would anyone be interested in Dungeons the Dragoning?
>>
>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
what >>52482997 said, been watching rebels and I'm itching for any Star Wars game

Now this is tricky, I can work with most timeslots because I'm flexible, but tuesdays after 6:30gmt are ideal

Whatever you're running, I've got discord and r20

>Contact Info
Mithrandalf#0706

>Additional Notes
I'm a heckin experienced tabletopper, I run lots of games from here, almost entirely in gurps. I pick up systems real quick. Looking to step out of forever GM for a change.
>>
>>52481151
>https://discord.gg/P7gPh
link expired m8
>>
>>52483114
>>52482997
Could you make tuesdays 1400 GMT-4?
>>
>>52482096
It requires you to accept someones friendship before actually being able to receive messages I tihnk.
>>
>>52484401
GMT-4? What is this based around?

But yeah, I can make it. For at least the foreseeable future>>52482997
>>
But how much interest would there be in an ERP L5R game on sunday mornings?
>>
>>52476514
To the guy asking if i had tuesdays free last night for the ERP DH SoB only game, yes i do.
>>
>>52484479
GMT is greenwich meridian time. For example, eastern US is current GMT-5, but if you have daylights savings time it's gmt-4. It's basically the military time zones based around london as its base.
>>
>>52484527
Yeah but would you take the dick?
>>
>>52484401
I'm the latter. That would work perfectly for me.
>>
>>52484590
Would i be asking about a erp SoB game if i was cockshy?
>>
>>52484479
>>52484627
Edge of the Empire, Western game set on the fringes of unknown region. Exploration, dealing with natives, banditos, and all that classic stuff. You might not be good people, but since it's star wars you'll be fighting the good fight for honest people and their rights.
>>
>>52484688
Assuming the group and GM are competent that sounds fucking fun. HMU bruv
>>
>>52476514
Will anyone ever host a shadowrun game, or am I dreaming?
>>
>>52484740
You have to host it yourself.

>>52484629
damn skippy. Post a f-list profile on a the soc /erp/ thread so I can see if you'd fit.
>>
File: Lynn.jpg (433KB, 1600x1248px) Image search: [Google]
Lynn.jpg
433KB, 1600x1248px
>GM/Player
GM, or player if someone is insistent on GMing
>System Preferred
For here, Eoris Essence
EST - Friday nights?
Would prefer roll 20, can do Discord
>Contact Info
Discord- Zephykinns #1048
>Additional Notes
So this game is super lore intensive and the rules are different. I'd expect peeps to give it a good read. I don't expect everyone to know the lore, but knowing the general tone of this game helps. I haven't done this game before but I think it'd be a fun game to try out.
>>
>>52484529
Huh. I don't like dst anyways.

>>52484688
Sounds really fun.
Got some questions about stuff, add me. Playing this tuesday?
>>
>>52484978
Could, if I get at least three dedicated players. would be core book only since it's all I have at this point.
>>
>>52485059
Make a GM post from the OP template and you'll get at least 1 reply before this thread 404s.

Also add us on discord you ffffuck
>>
>>52480829
Eternally grateful senpai
>>
>GM/Player
Player(s)
>System Preferred
5e
Friday and Saturday after 6PM EST
Roll20. For voice I have a TS3 and Discord.
>Contact Info
https://app.roll20.net/users/1894110/mitchell
>Additional Notes
We're a group of (3) players who need a DM. Our last one was fickle. We're wanting an open world homebrew campaign of sorts. None of us our really comfortable DMing (right now) unfortunately.
>>
>>52485133
Keep waiting.
>>
>>52485172
Yeah, lack of DMs, I know. But, there's no use in not trying.
>>
>>52485133
Do you have a campaign you want run? Or you want the DM to have a homebrew campaign?

What do you mean by open world?
I have a world I've been designing for an irl game and wanting to do play testing.
Do you want text or speech?
>>
>>52485260
The latter, preferably.

Open world as in "not on rails."

Speech preferred.
>>
File: nosferatu lol.jpg (41KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
nosferatu lol.jpg
41KB, 500x374px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Chronicles of Darkness (Vampire: The Requiem)
6:00 PM MDT Wednesdays (weekly)
Roll20, Text-based
>Contact Info
Discord: Candlejack#0918
>Additional Notes
Setting is Detroit. Looking for Lancea Sanctum characters. You can be a vampire, mortal, or ghoul. Not really looking for crossover, but if you can pitch me a sweet character, I might allow it.
>>
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Edge of the Empire, Core book only
Tuesdays, GMT-4, 1400, 3+ Hours
Discord w/ voice
>Contact Info
https://discord.gg/Dw3Kn6G
>Additional Notes
Tentative interest check for the following game:

Edge of the West: You're might not be a good man, but you'll fight for the right of honest men. Out here on the frontier of space beyond the edge of what's been known, colonists are prey to all sorts of evil. They may have left the Empire behind to find a better life but what these people found were restless natives, corrupt businessmen and politicians, and no end to the numberless bandits and pirates. When the gun is the only law and might makes right, will right make might?
>>
>>52485396
Sent you a discord message
>>
>>52485396
Everyone has to be from Lancea Sanctum?
>>
File: 1489834082923.jpg (348KB, 1058x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489834082923.jpg
348KB, 1058x1000px
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
w40k RPG, preferably Black Crusade or Deathwatch
GMT-3, right now I'm flexible, but weekends are preferred.
Skype, Discord, mostly anything goes, but I prefer text over voice.
>Contact Info
Clockworker#9640
>Additional Notes
It's been a few years since I last played. Would like to have another go at it.
>>
>>52486078
Not necessarily, but it'll help with what I've got planned.
>>
>>52476514
For 5e what method of play has the most DMs? How long would you say the average wait is to find an open game? Is roll20 the best in this respect? How many DMs lurk on table to simulator? Also, I'm thinking of just going straight to being a DM (I tried it once in high school with limited success) rather than compete against a dozen other players for a game. Would anyone here advise against this; I would probably start off only doing single session dungeon crawls based off of modules.
>>
>>52487745

I too would like to know how common it is to actually find a game in these threads.
>>
>>52488178
It's easier for a GM to find players than vice versa.
>>
>>52488209

That's fairly obvious, I meant as a player.

The DMs around here seem to only really be interested in hosting rather obscure or homebrew games.
>>
>>52488325
Players rarely find games, because GMs are rare, and GMs that aren't terrible or pretentious, and players that aren't flake-cucks are even rarer, so most games you do find fall apart fairly quickly.
>>
>>52488325
>The DMs around here seem to only really be interested in hosting rather obscure or homebrew games.
Probably because it's hard enough to find players for those that they have to come here.
>>
>>52488348

Maybe it's just not to be then.
>>
>>52488597

You just have to be persistent. This comes up from time to time - lots of folks have built solid groups off the gamefinder thread, you just have to keep at it until you find some people that you click with.
>>
File: kTEGrZa.jpg (126KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
kTEGrZa.jpg
126KB, 638x478px
>>52488669
It seems like most people who come here often end up getting flamed.
>>
File: greengrocer.jpg (17KB, 514x344px) Image search: [Google]
greengrocer.jpg
17KB, 514x344px
Dependable players that make characters, show up on time and enrich the game are far rarer than GMs.

Most of the GMs I have found here are good, it is the players that destroy the hobby.

GMs, don't burn yourself out trying to run a campaign with shit players, ditch them, keep looking for ones worthwhile, they are out there.
>>
>>52488814
I can only talk from personal experiences, but from my previous attempts here, the proportion of good/bad DMs seemed to be half/half. Players, it's a bit worse than that (saying it as a player).
>>
File: Earl bastard.jpg (225KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
Earl bastard.jpg
225KB, 686x385px
>>52488843
It's up to the community to dictate it's own standards. If we allow people to noshow on a session 0, or the first session or to anything previously agreed to, boot them. If there characters are not up to standard, tell them, if they are still lackluster boot them. If there character is still not made the day before the game and they are online consistently during the week before, boot them.

We are not interesting people, laptops do no spontaneously break, family do not randomly show up at 11:00pm at night. They don't cre enough to tell you they do not want to play at the agreed upon time.
>>
>>52488899
Most of the problems I've seen don't originate from lack of showing up, but rather interpersonal clashes, aka drama.
>>
>>52488797

Yeah, but that's usually just the salty nogaemz losers, calling sour grapes on everyone else. You can't take their shit seriously. Whenever they start in on how somebody's terrible, I figure it's probably That Guy angry at getting the boot - 'cause you know he does, and of course he's mad about it.
>>
>>52488797
I always figured the 'This man is a cuck' thing was just lazy bumps.
>>
File: 678337356.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
678337356.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>52488954
Where do they stem from? Personality? Wanting different things from the game? Different levels of effort put in? Stupidity & memes? pol culture?

Either way, the solution is the same. Cut off the limb that offends you lest it damn what you have built.
>>
>>52488899
>We are not interesting people

Speak for yourself
>>
File: 1350096186678.png (201KB, 665x474px) Image search: [Google]
1350096186678.png
201KB, 665x474px
>>52488899
>laptops do no spontaneously break
>>
>GM/Player
Player, prospects of a GM in the future (About 1-2 months out, working on something hopefully neato and corny as fuck)

>System Preferred
3.5, Pathfinder

Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat any time after 1:00 PM CDT, cutoff time is 1:00 AM CDT next day. Making me stay up 'til 1 AM is possible, but I may get tired near the end.

Any. Preferred Roll20. I have Discord and Skype and can access IRC and Maptool, whatever's good.
I am only interested in games where the in-character portion is done via text. OOC can be voice or text, but IC must be text for me to enjoy the game.

>Contact Info
Bumblebuggy#1192 on Discord is the best bet at the time being.

>Additional Notes
I've got a lot of experience but I haven't had a chance to play for a while. Looking to get back into the swing of things for the systems I'm looking to run my future game in. I'm okay with Homebrew and third party materials.
>>
File: 1478953376448.gif (560KB, 386x377px) Image search: [Google]
1478953376448.gif
560KB, 386x377px
>>52488669

I'll keep my hopes up, then.
>>
>>52476514
Posting once more in the eternal quest for a game.

Player

Would like to play pretty much any 40k RPG other than Dark Heresy. Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War, all those are cool. (I'm also very good at building Rogue Trader ships, which is a tedious thing I know a lot of GM's don't like to do so I'm happy to help with that)

I'm a no-life pleb who lives in the middle of nowhere. I work until 4 in the afternoon and then I basically just dick around all day from then on. I'm free any time during the week after about 5 EST, and basically any time at all on the weekend except late Sunday nights because Monday's a work day.

My Skype is polychemmaster, if you send me an invite please write something so I know you're from 4chan and not just a spambot, thanks.

I don't mind using voice if necessary, although in my experience it tends to descend into gibberish when everyone's talking at once. Texting is my preferred method.
>>
File: 1478003432242.png (4KB, 346x311px) Image search: [Google]
1478003432242.png
4KB, 346x311px
>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
D&D 5e or any other system if you can hit me up with the rule books and help me learn them

16:00-23:45 weekdays. Saturday usually free all day. European central time

prefer voice with discord. though I am open to other forms of playing

>Contact Info
Discord David #4767

>Additional Notes
Never played D&D before, only experience I have is the various video games that uses the rules like icewind dale, kotor etc. I have read the 5e players guide and tried creating a few sample characters. I think my grasp of 5e is goodish.

I watched some tabletop rpg shows and would like to finally partake instead of watch. I am open to any system really, from star wars to vampire: the masquerade
>>
>GM/Player
GM looking for players
>System Preferred
d&d 5e - Storm King's Thunder / Curse of Strahd
Mostly weekdays, starting at 23h30 GMT +0
Discord - text only
>Contact Info
Velez #0491 on discord
>Additional Notes
This will be my first time running a game like this, but I'd really like to run one or more of the published modules all the way to the ending
>>
>>52489088
How many times have you seen that as an excuse? Laptop or computer broke.
>>
>>52477843
>>52486131
>>52489517

If only there were someone to GM for all these handsome lads.
>>
>>52489792

It's used as an excuse because it's plausible. Shit happens sometimes.
>>
File: 1467735790.jpg (26KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
1467735790.jpg
26KB, 638x359px
>>52489808
No, shit happens rarely. Sometimes people are playing Overwatch or WoW and don't want to stop to play a game the agreed to a week ago.
>>
>>52489802
Yeah.

>>52489808
No, most people only suffer one or two major computer failures over the life of the hardware. Everyone gets one free pass as a matter of courtesy, but after that no GM should put up with that nonsense.
>>
>>52489792
Literally never, but I have had my internet just go down while I was working remotely and had to take PTO instead of billing. Shit happens.
>>
File: 1489864298115.jpg (516KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1489864298115.jpg
516KB, 1000x1377px
>>52489802
In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only players.
>>
>>52489879

You sound salty. Maybe they were lying, maybe they were playing video games, maybe a girl invited them to a sex party, maybe they genuinely did have computer troubles. You'll stress a lot less if you let it go, and if you suspecy they're lying, let them go, and THEN let it go. There's no reason to be mad about it later.

>>52489936
>most people only suffer one or two major computer failures over the life of the hardware.

Depends, my sister's ex is a guy that computers hate. I used to have to fix his shit all the time.
And it doesn't take a "major computer failure," just a screwy network card or some such can put a stop to any online gaming.
Now if you have their steam handle and see them playing Overwatch with their "broken" computer, then it's time to boot their asses.
>>
>>52490027
Not salty, disappointing that we as a community allow behavior we know is clearly harmful to the hobby.
>>
>>52488899
>>52489879
>>52490120
You sound like the kind of chode that takes games of pretend too seriously and demands shit like three separate interviews from possible players.
>>
File: 1479669558199.jpg (77KB, 443x799px) Image search: [Google]
1479669558199.jpg
77KB, 443x799px
>>52489950

>Look through the archives
>Literally no DM posts for 40k

Only the dead know peace.
>>
>>52490251
Definitely. Reading his posts, obviously the things he presented are issues and get in the way of gaymen, but he seems to be too radical about it. Wouldn't play with/10
>>
File: 1472145033672.jpg (34KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1472145033672.jpg
34KB, 590x350px
>>52490251
>>52490297

>Condemn people for not showing up on time
>Condemn people for making bare bones characters
>Get called out
>>
>>52490586
Have you paid attention to what I said? It is true such things get in the way of a good game, I just disagree with how severe he is about it.
>>
>>52490622
Kicking them from the game to make room for a potentially much more considered player is extreme?

Allowing them to further burn out GMs with noshows is too much?
>>
>>52490910
You keep trying to walk it back, but you fail to acknowledge that some people can be just starting out with /tg/ stuff and are therefore bad or have things come up that cause them to miss a session.

You're talking like everyone is either great or a shitter who should fuck off to /v/.
>>
>>52490910
>>52490622
>>52490297
>>52490586
None of this is helping people find games, you are in fact burying people's information deep under your argument.

Please stop, neither of you is going to win this argument.
>>
File: 1489856431633.jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489856431633.jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
>GM/Player
GM looking for players
>System Preferred
D&D 5e - Storm King's Thunder
EST weekends Saturday or Sunday, workable with group
Roll20 with whatever voice
>Contact Info
Discord: Lionhermit #9112
>Additional Notes
This will be my first time running an official module, have DMed 4e and 5e homebrew stuff in the past. I'm looking to use SKT as a guideline for setting and main quest progression, and add custom hooks and sidequests based on the PCs, trying to make it sandboxy. I'd like to get another solid 2-3 more players to run the length of the adventure, looking to start in the next couple weeks.
>>
>>52484972
Voice or text ?
>>
>>52490586
Literally my first post in the thread, chode
>>
How about we stop arguing and start talking about games we want to play or run, like ERP Black Crusade
>>
>>52492113

I'd be happy with regular Black Crusade.
>>
>>52492113
But I want to run ERP Holy Racial War.
>>
>>52484822
Another guy here, before I go try to salvage my old F-List and attempt to grab your attention on /soc/, when is the game going to be held?
>>
>>52485417
>Core book only
You have got to be shitting me.

>FFG makes a few series of systems that are all compatible with each other
>plus a ton of splatbooks which add interesting items, new classes...
>nah I'm just gonna use this small, incomplete fraction of all that
>>
>>52490294
Just go on Roll20.
>>
>>52494464

Are text-only games common there?

Is that the most reliable way to find a game, though? I'm afraid i'm culturally incompatible.
>>
>>52494610
>culturally incompatible.
What?

I think text-only games are the most common ones.
>>
>>52494633

Used to interacting with *chan type people for this sort of thing. I guess it's not really a big deal.

Unless i'm looking for things the wrong way, there's only like three 40k rpg games recruiting on Roll20 and they all have a billion applicants.
>>
>>52494610
Why do you want to do text-only?

>>52494633
You would be wrong.
>>
>>52494756
>they all have a billion applicants.
That tends to be a problem with Roll20's LFG section. It's full of people who either can't or don't want to run a game, so whenever anybody shows up wanting to run one they get swarmed.
>>
>>52494780

Because i'm a fucking autist who will never be able to express myself in character properly through my own voice, especially when I'm supposed to be an 8 foot tall walking god of war, or half-man-half-industrial-drill. I'm much more eloquent when I have time to express my thoughts and actions just the way I want to before anyone sees them.

Your voice wavers for a second, everyone starts laughing, and the entire experience falls apart.

>>52494802

I'd GM if I had any experience. I feel like i'd be a great 'ideas guy' but lack the know-how to actually integrate any of it with the mechanics and probably wouldn't respond very well as soon as the players started deviating from my 'path'.
>>
>>52494837
>if I had any experience

You're only going to get experience by taking the plunge and doing it anon. Why not give it a shot? Nobody that isn't an asshole is going to blame you for some mistakes during your first time.
>>
>>52494879

I have no experience with the system at all. All of my tabletop RPG experience has been virtual stuff aided with macros and such through roll20 and fantasy grounds. I just don't feel qualified.

Honestly, I'd really love to, and it seems like the only way to really be guaranteed a game. Just can't shake the feeling that I would pretty much be inviting three+ people to watch me make a fool of myself.
>>
>>52495019
>inviting three+ people to watch me make a fool of myself.
That's basically GMing, yeah.
>>
>>52495019
That's how basically everyone feels when they first start running games. Unless you talk yourself up as some kind of ancient god king master, nobody is going to be a dick about it, and if someone is, they'll probably get told to fuck off by everyone else.

If you think you'd at all have a good time running a game, I'd say you owe it to yourself to give it a try. Worst case scenario a group composed of halfway understanding people should just get together for a little while and have some fun dicking around.
>>
>>52494837
>everyone starts laughing
This is where you're wrong though. Everyone knows how hard it is to RP in front of strangers so nobody laughs. You should try an actual game IRL some time and try to boost your confidence.
>>
>>52495175

Well, I got nobody around anyways. I live in the middle of nowhere. I do play 5e with voice, but everyone in my group is kind of a "normalfag" for lack of a better word that normally just plays vidja and will start laughing the moment you do anything "too serious" in character. They're mostly there for the combat.
>>
>>52495635
I'd really suggest just jumping in and winging it, whether it's roleplaying with your voice or GMing. Biting the bullet now will be less painful in the long run than trying to put it off.
>>
File: 1474000267062.jpg (251KB, 685x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1474000267062.jpg
251KB, 685x1024px
>>52495685

Well, fuck it. If anyone's interested in me GMing for 40k go ahead and add me on discord here.

>>52477843

I'm going to sleep for a little right now so I won't actually be on to accept until later.

I'd like to do Only War, mainly, but others have mentioned Deathwatch. The heavy combat emphasis of either would probably help me get the swing of things for now.

It would be awhile before any actual game, I'll have to figure out the infrastructure and all that. We can talk about the details on discord.
>>
>>52489587
i sent you a friend request on discord
>>
>>52494402
Well good thing you're not playing?
>>
>>52499944
I just feel sorry for the players, especially the ones who get in not knowing about the FFG systems and how each core book on its own isn't complete. I also hate how they (you?) are running what seems to be a more uncommon game, but neutering it in such a way. What reason could anyone have to only use the EotE core book?
>>
>>52502673
Maybe the GM only has the corebook. I've heard people give that explanation before.
>>
>>52502673
Holy shit, we get it. People are playing incorrectly.
>>
Can someone give me a quick explanation about the different versions of D&D?

I haven't even tried those online yet, but I'd like to know what makes them so distinct from each other before getting into a group using them.
>>
>>52502968
OG: Dungeon crawling for fun and profit
2E: Literally the best edition where all the everything D&D lore/setting/characters come from
3E: "Read all the extra books and make a broken ass character" The Edition
4E: Fuck it, let's play it like Tactic Ogre. Everyone gets special moves and stuff now.
5E: Nevermind that shit. Let's make it more like 2E but dumbed down / streamlined for new players and make a fuck of a lot of money.
>>
>>52502673
Core book only is weird but not wanting to mix the game lines is reasonable.

>>52502891
If you're on /tg/ it really isn't hard to find pdfs of all the books.
>>
>manage to find a GM with a campaign willing to run for my group
>super hype in the beginning, all seems well
>as time goes on it gets harder and harder to get in touch with him
>still manage to set a date for first game
>that was 2 weeks ago and he still hasn't said a word

I thought I would finally get to play games for once, but no, the GM flakes. This is not the shit I need right now.
>>
>>52503331
>not wanting to mix the game lines is reasonable
Not when the books have exclusive basic gear. Pretty sure the fusion cutter only exists in one book, an infiltrator/engineer type is shit out of luck in the other two. I mean restricting classes to one book and splatbooks is reasonable, so you don't get Jedi in like a post Clone Wars game, but locking off all other system books and splatbooks entirely?
>>
>>52503398
RUN :clap: IT :clap: YOUR :clap: SELF
>>
>>52503590
Yeah I'm in the game, the GM seems like if you wanted to use something from another book, would send him the relevant parts and make a good case for it, he'd probably be fine with it.

Also EotE seems fine as-is from what I'm reading. It does what it says it does; smugglers and bounty hunters.
>>
>>52503659
Sure, but that's all it does. You can't make a dirty artifact hunter that puts profit over findings, or an ex-Rebel commander who's been forced out of the Alliance.
>>
File: divergance point.png (83KB, 331x218px) Image search: [Google]
divergance point.png
83KB, 331x218px
>>52503706
>You can't make a dirty artifact hunter that puts profit over findings

There's literally a class that is that
>>
>>52503598
That's the problem, I'm already running 2 campaigns for this group. I want to get in on the action myself for bloody once.

Damn this forevergm curse to all hell
>>
>>52503766
>I'm already running 2 campaigns for this group
Your group is shit if none of them will run anything for you. You're literally being cucked by people pretending to be your friends so that you'll run games for them.
>>
>>52503728
In the Core Book or a splatbook?
>>
>>52503793
You're not getting this
It's literally a forevergm CURSE
emphasis there

one of us was running a campaign
then I started running my campaign as well
and then a third guy ran a oneshot
then a fourth guy started running Runelords

then Runelords guy goes depressed and vanishes off the face of the earth, stalling all gameplay for half a year forcing me to make a new campaign without him so we can keep playing
guy #1 is making a new campaign but then his computer explodes and he loses all his shit, then he's chased out of his home by insane people

So now I'm running 2 campaigns, runelords guy never came back so we restarted the campaign as 3man, and the last guy in the party is making a campaign that hopefully will start up soon(tm)

Unless, of course, the curse strikes again
>>
>>52503810
EotE core. Explorer - Trader, it's the career that consists of finding new places and selling the shiny shit you find.
>>
>>52503766
>>52503793
>>52503890
If you're foreverGM you're cursed until the end of your days. You either GM or don't play, unfortunate but you have to make your peace.
>>
>>52503906
Well that was a bad example, I thought the Explorer stuff was in the whatever Sun book.
>>
>>52502968

The other guy covered it pretty well, but his "OG" is combining several editions together. I'll try to do a rundown on them.
OD&D is the granddaddy, and probably the best playtested RPG ever. It's unfortunately pretty poorly written, though, and you basically need somebody who was there to walk you through how it works. It's fine for reference, though. The supplements add a lot of complexity.
Basic is like a refined OD&D without the supplements. It's simple and easy to learn and run. Moldvay/Cook, aka B/X, is the best. It's a pure tactical dungeon crawling experience from level 1 to 14, and is probably better at what it does than any other edition of D&D is at.. whatever they're supposed to be about.
Later editions of Basic added more and more stuff, through Mentzer with its 36 levels, and culminating in the Rules Cyclopedia, a mammoth tome full of bloated rules and things. It's pretty neat, but nowhere near as tight and focused as B/X.
1e AD&D is a separate thing from Basic, and takes the OD&D framework and tacks on all the stuff from the supplements, and then some. The 1e DMG is full of Gygaxian wisdom on running games, and is a good read for just about anyone who runs an RPG, but man does it ever suck if you need to look up a rule.
1e AD&D is a complicated and obscure beast -- to this day, nobody can be quite sure how the initiative system is supposed to work, for instance, but it has some good stuff in there and is a great place to steal ideas from if you're running Basic.
>>
>>52505588
God, wrong thread.
>>
I'm remaking this post now that I'm attempting to GM, since only one person added me last night, given that it wasn't a standard-format post.

>>GM/Player
GM.
>>System Preferred
We're playing 40k RPG. What system will be decided on as a group, though we're very heavily leaning towards DW or OW.
>>Times Available
US Mountain time. I usually stay up pretty late and can adjust hours as needed. I should generally be very available whatever the time, after a day or two to adjust.
>>Method of Play
Tentatively, Discord. Possibly a migration to roll20 later.
>>Contact Info
Discord: BlondeKnight#7550
>>Additional Notes
I am a very beginner GM. I have no experience in this system. That's not to say that I have no experience in the lore. I'm doing this because I really would like to play these games, and taking things into my own hands is the best way to accomplish that. Please understand that before adding me. I will sincerely appreciate any help I can get.

I plan for this to be text-only. So far we have two players.

You can read the conversation that convinced me to do this earlier in the thread.
>>
File: 1486155213043.jpg (4MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
1486155213043.jpg
4MB, 4000x2248px
>>52505735

Thanks everyone, this has filled up rather fast. I don't want to overwhelm myself, but I'll post again in the future if there are any slots available.
>>
>>52506696

Go ahead and add me if you really want though, to be first in line if something happens.

Sorry for taking up so much room in the thread.
>>
By Allah you people are cucks. I will bump as usual.
>>
.pmuB
>>
>>52508927
Allahu's Snack Bar and Grill!
>>
>>52504064
If it's a new gm, I dobt blame him. Either in this thread or the swg someine was talking about how easy it was to go full CoDzilla with a gun slinger builder. Shit is off putting
>>
>>52512307
Banning said dude is easier and better than neutering your whole game though.
>>
>>52511786
Shut up Khabib and get back to cutting weight.
>>
Do not play with text-only groups if you don't want to die of old age mid session. They are cucks.
>>
File: 1467349289522.jpg (347KB, 1268x944px) Image search: [Google]
1467349289522.jpg
347KB, 1268x944px
>>
>>52491060
Voice
>>
I'll be someone's internet slut (in public and private) in exchange for a solo or very small group game. I like Exalted, WoD, and some 40k RPGs. I'm open to others but they may require explanation.

Also I'm going to keep posting this image until I find a game.

Add me on Discord: Memette#2700
>>
>>52520185
Go play that SW game, the gm needs players and probably a slut.
>>
>>52520185
>Memette#2700
Don't see you on it.
>>
>>52522287
What do you mean? It says there's no one with that username?
>>
>>52522791
>Memette#2700
The search isn't bringing you up when I copy paste it in.
>>
>>52522904
Isn't that search case-sensitive?
>>
File: 1463032859373.png (499KB, 627x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463032859373.png
499KB, 627x540px
>>52520185
This guy is a known tranny.
>>
>>52520185
You're the reason your father left.
>>
>>52490294
Try looking for GMs instead. D&D is a trashcan game for trashcan people.
>>
>>52520185
I already added you.
>>
>>52523406
so?
>>
File: bacon.jpg (59KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
bacon.jpg
59KB, 500x495px
>>52523406
I'm not though? Someone said that in the last thread but nothing has substantiated that claim. I'm a feminine dude. But I'm a guy and definitely not a woman. What would be wrong with me being a tranny, anyway?
>>
>>52522904
That's strange. At least one other person has added me, so you might be doing something wrong?
>>
>>52520185
>I'll be someone's internet slut [...] in exchange for a solo or very small group game
Why is the first part of that sentence even important? If you want an ERP game just say so.
>>
File: 1452544366643.jpg (142KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1452544366643.jpg
142KB, 500x449px
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Pathfinder, but looking to try out things like Eclipse Phase, Traveler, etc.
I'm also familiar with Numenera.
Any time after 2PM (CST) on Saturday/Sunday.
Whatever the GM prefers. If I don't have an account I'll just make one.
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes
I'd prefer something with text, but, if I'm familiar with the system, I have no problem with voice chat.
>>
File: N7BE8CLSfn-9.jpg (20KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
N7BE8CLSfn-9.jpg
20KB, 500x352px
>>52526406
Trains are always late for me.
Missed a banking interview, the other branch of their bank closed in the time it took to get over to them, and had unwanted charges as a result. Can't trust trains nowadays.
>>
File: 1466784114667.png (497KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1466784114667.png
497KB, 800x800px
I'm a degenerate, and I don't care how [whatever] that makes me. If anyone is running ero campaigns and wants someone that'll partake and use a PC with an anime portrait, I'll do it.

System doesn't matter. Even if it's a complicated system I don't know, I'll run with it if you give me a sheet to use.

I'll give contact info on request.
>>
>>52530842
Do you know how to roll for anal circumference?
>>
>>52530842
Request.
>>
>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Pathfinder, Cyberpunk 2020, semi familiar with a lot of systems but those are the two I have the most experience playing
>Times Available
I'm available every night of the week EST
>Method of Play
I have a skype, roll20, and discord account
>Contact Info
my skype is boonrival, discord is Rival#8802 or BoonRival#8802 I don't remember
>Additional Notes
It's been almost a year since I've played anything but I really want to get back into the hobby. If you're patient with beginners I'm willing to try any system.
>>
>>52503118
I like you.
>>
>>52494610
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1779492/knights-of-the-written-word-2

here, an entire group filled with nearly 300 players/GMs dedicated to text only games on Roll20.
>>
File: 1486078092856.png (4MB, 2116x3001px) Image search: [Google]
1486078092856.png
4MB, 2116x3001px
>>52530842
Have you tried checking /pfg/ and asking around for lewd games? >>52530638
>>
>>52531174

I only know you roll with your heart and not your dice.

>>52531439

[email protected]

Yeah, garbage email, but you can tell me whatever Skype name or Discord account you have you want me to go to without it being in the public thread.

>>52531964

I would, but I'm terrified of Touhoufag.
jk, you're great Colette.
>>
>>52530842
>with an anime portrait
How is this a selling point?
>>
>>52532073
It is to a certain kind of people.

The man knows his people.
>>
>>52532073

Millions of people regularly jerk off to Taiwanese cartoons and some of them like playing shitty tabletop rpgs.
>>
>>52532094
>>52532097
I guess, I just find anime portraits a red flag.
>>
>>52532113
See, it works out for everyone.

He finds people like him to play and you know to stay away.

What's not to love?
>>
File: 1478719721037.jpg (27KB, 525x628px) Image search: [Google]
1478719721037.jpg
27KB, 525x628px
>>52489587
Any takers?
>>
>>52533634
It's a GM's market, friendo. You're best off going after the GM posts.
>>
Are there any good sites or apps to use for finding irl/meatspace games? It would be nice to bring drinks and snacks to share with new friends
>>
>>52478181
How long do your sessions go? My GURPS group always plays at 7 PM GMT.
>>
>>52489324
Hey, it's lakesaho. About the oneshot- It's actually nowhere near done and will take me a couple of weeks to get it to a playable state. Also I'd very much prefer to play under a GM, but whatever works for you
>>
>>52534408

I've heard of Gamefindr.co but I haven't used it.
>>
>>52534520
Generally more than 3 hours?
>>
>>52488899
It may be my non-literal autism, but I never understood why being late on the first day was a bigger deal than being late later.
>>
>>52536596
Aw, unfortunate. Have fun.
>>
>>52530842
Okay. Post your Discord. I like degenerates.
>>
File: Skitarii_vs._Tyranids.png (3MB, 1231x886px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii_vs._Tyranids.png
3MB, 1231x886px
Bump.
>>
>>52536684
It's a bad first impression.
>>
>>52476514
>>GM/Player: Player, though I might GM if I got a handle for the rules

>>System Preferred: UESRPG primarily. Failing that, I've wanted to try FATE. I also know Savage Worlds, and have a little experience with D&D 5e. Mostly I just want to try UESRPG.

>>Times Available: I work nights, so afternoons or evenings are best. Start time would ideally be no earlier than 12:00PM, and I could play no later than 9:00PM EST (GMT-5)

>>Method of Play: Discord or Roll20 would be preferred

>>Contact Info: Arkinnian#1294

>>Additional Notes: My internet is shitty (until later this month, maybe), so at best I'd be able to use voice, not video.
>>
File: wallhaven-272624.png (5MB, 3912x1593px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-272624.png
5MB, 3912x1593px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
DnD 4e
11 PM Helsinki time/GMT+3 on Wednesdays, possibly other weekdays.
roll20 + Discord, voice or text
>Contact Info
natuprunk#4154
>Additional Notes
Moderately inexperienced GM here with a homebrew campaign, high fantasy exploration/story/character interaction driven game. Looking for 2-3 players since a couple people had to quit. Would like players to be friendly and creative, as well as patient since players are relatively inexperienced as well.
Pic related.
>>
>>52547123
Sent you a friend request
>>
>>52547123
Sounds good, man, I sent you a message on discord
>>
>>52544138
You can't make a good impression in Game Finder.

Everyone remembers the bad and forgets about the good.
>>
>>52549281
Then isn't it better to not give them something bad to remember?
>>
>>52537627
Thanks mengis.

>>52536684
You generally want to make a good impression on people, so if you aren't making an effort on the first day then without a good excuse it looks like you don't really care. A consummate GM puts a lot of effort into their games and with new players is kind of relying entirely on those small signals to make some pretty big judgements about strangers.
>>
>>52485417

Is this game going ahead/got space?
>>
>>52490969
Our party has been assembled, thanks.

Good luck in your games, everyone!
>>
>>52553645
Yes
>>
>GM/Player
Posting for my GM
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
Sundays, Mondays, or Tuesdays. 10 PM EDT.
Skype + roll20.
>Contact Info
leave ya skype
>Additional Notes
Just need a few people to replace some players who flaked..
>>
>>52554164

Aww shit, can I hop in then?
>>
>>52554945
We gonna need a few more details than that mate.
What type of campaign are you running for one.
>>
>>52555348
I'm just relaying what my GM is asking me to.

>We will be using skype and Roll20. The setting is a homebrew on a recently founded continent that is rife with treasure, exploration, and danger. We are using core rulebook only for most things for a little while until I get a hang on the party along with the feat tax system http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
>>
File: 1484261170572.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1484261170572.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
>>52555540
>Come play the most generic, bland game of deendee ever.
>>
>>52555540
So no actual cities to be found?
>>
>>52555610
idk anon, I'm not the GM. To be fair, it sounds a lot more interesting when you talk to him at lengths about it.

>>52558872
Continent's been settled for a few decades, so there's a few cities.
>>
>>52555540
>core rulebook only
>no way to contact the GM
m8 you gotta work on this
>>
>>52560910
will there be natives to fight
>>
>>52476514
DND 5E at roll20 /tg/ only, 5 hours every week, pop in pop out no commitment
>>
>>52561380
Gonna need time, timezone and contact info
>>
>>52554945
My skype is Dielsonwheels I'm available on Sunday definitely, and tuesday maybe.
>>
File: Mister Johnson..png (224KB, 974x525px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Johnson..png
224KB, 974x525px
Is there any interest in playing a Shadowrun game 4th ed on the weekends?
>>
>>52562076
Heck yeah.
Also nice tLH clip.
>>
>GM/Player
New player
>System Preferred
D&D 5e, Star Wars, Shadowrun, anything sci-fi, Digimon ;_;. As long as it's not vampires or zombies or ERP, I'm okay to roll with anything really as long as you are willing to put up with a newbie eager to start RPGing. Only played a basic D&D session once.
GMT-3 mornings or late nights (after 00:00)
Disc or roll20 preferred. No video.
>Contact Info
Disc: Marillocke#9030
>Additional Notes
As I said, I'm still new to RPGs but point me towards the PDFs and let me grab a cup of coffee and I'll dance for you.
>>
File: BTL.gif (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
BTL.gif
2MB, 426x240px
>>52562117
I'd be willing to DM it if I can get some players.
>>
>>52476514
>GM/Player
Posting for my GM
>System Preferred
New Traveller (Mongoose Traveller 2e)
Sundays at ~7AM CDT
Roll20, Discord, Voice Chat
>Contact Info
On Discord: Pallas'#6316

PM me if you're interested
>>
>>52562244
Post contact info if you want players. That's how it works bruv
>>
File: ZsVvlEaStUY.jpg (44KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
ZsVvlEaStUY.jpg
44KB, 500x686px
Bumping through the night.
I feel like Game Finder threads really need to be sticky'd
>>
>>52564694
Forgot to mention that it's set in 40k
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.